Windows Support Forum

Windows 7 can't connect to internet through Wifi or ethernet cable

Q: Windows 7 can't connect to internet through Wifi or ethernet cable

I recently used a program Autoruns,, and deleted some startup things I shouldn't have.. Since then I cant connect to internet, the troubleshooter for wireless adapter says the Windows wireless service is not running on this computer (WLAN Autoconfig service) and fails to start the service.
I notice on windows task manager there are only about 13 Processes running and there are usually about 20, and on Services there are about 40 running and about 100 or more stopped services. Thanks for the help

Also on startup now I have a pop up on bottom saying, Failed to connect to a windows service. Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents standard users from logging on to the system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond. And the startup and logon time is really long now

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows 7 can't connect to internet through Wifi or ethernet cable

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows 7 can't connect to internet through Wifi or ethernet cable

Sounds like you deleted the network drivers, I did this once and ill be honest unless someone here knows a trick, or you have a CD with drivers you are going to have to have a hell of a time unless you know the name of the hardware and download the right driver, thats my guess. best of luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-cant-connect-to-internet-through-wifi-or-ethernet-cable.200026/
Relevancy 105.78%

Hi there,

The laptop I have is an asus P550C, windows 7.

This laptop came pre-installed with Mcafee Antivirus protection for a limited amount of time. Wifi was working perfectly fine although there were occasions where the connection would disconnect by itself. After the free-trial ended, I did not want to buy the packaged they were advertising so I went to my Control Panel and uninstalled Mcafee. This was when the problem started to occur. The internet access icon had a red x and when I went to diagnose the problem, it said that I needed to connect via an ethernet cable. Since then, I have connected it with an ethernet and internet works and I have also installed AVG's free antivirus software.

I have tried to
type: ipconfig /flushdns
type: nbtstat -R
type: netsh int reset all
type: netsh int ip reset
type: netsh winsock reset

But I still cannot connect via wifi. Please help

A:Wifi has stopped working but still able to connect to internet via ethernet cable

C:\Users\jay>ipconfig/all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : jay-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 54-35-30-05-36-68
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : BC-EE-7B-28-57-D7
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::9dfa:dcc6:3d3b:ae86%11(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.20(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : March-27-15 4:14:52 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : March-28-15 4:14:52 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 247262843
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-1A-51-D7-D4-BC-EE-7B-28-57-D7

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter isatap.{A9DA0935-EE1F-4A59-8A97-DDA13A7DFFEA}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:9d38:90d7:2c47:1b6c:9c1d:d26b(Pref
erred)
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::2c47:1b6c:9c1d:d26b%14(Preferred)
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

C:\Users\jay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-has-stopped-working-but-still-able-to-connect-to-internet-via-ethernet-cable.210787/
Relevancy 104.49%

Greetings!

I have an internet connection which is distributed through a wireless router. I use my laptop's (which also has a LAN adapter) WiFi to connect to that router. I have a PC too which only has LAN adapter but not the Wireless adapter.

Unfortunately I cannot wire my place as the router is in my housemate's room. I have network cables though to connect my PC and my laptop. Can I access Internet on my PC using connection between my laptop and PC and my laptop being connected to the Internet via WiFi?

I have DHCP enabled on my WiFi laptop. I am not sure what do I need to do and if I need to give static IP's to all the computers?

Thanks,
AJ
PS - I can access the router settings and I can change those settings unless it hampers my other house-mates to use the Internet.

A:Laptop (wifi Internet w/ethernet facility) connect to PC through CAT5 cable

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wifi-internet-w-ethernet-facility-connect-to-pc-through-cat5-cable.671427/
Relevancy 95.03%

I'm a new Plusnet customer and I cannot connect to the internet using wifi I just get a page saying the broadband is down. So I tried using an ethernet cable and after manually setting this up I can use the internet. I accidentally disconnected the cable yesterday but the internet didn't fault, it's now working wirelessly. I can connect to the wifi using my mobile and iPad but I cannot connect to the internet. A new router has been sent and the problem still persists, a bt engineer has also visited but cannot find a solution.

Can anybody please help me?

A:I can't connect to wifi but connect with an Ethernet cable works, even when it isn't plugged in

It gets confusing as to which device is being used so as a guideline
disable one or the other (wifi vs wired) and don't allow both to be active at the same time. Technically, which ever device gets an IP address from your router will become the gateway to your ISP - - ignoring the connectivity of the second device to access your router.

With a laptop, we just toggle the keyboard to enable/disable wifi and the wired is easy - - just pull the cable out.

create a desktop shortcut to \windows\system32\devmgmt.msc
to control the devices (needs admin access)
expand [+] network adapters and you'll see the list
mine are

Dell Wireless 1502 ....
Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
Just right-click->disable and you can always right-click->enable

The png posted shows both are enabled and the wired has the gateway.
If the cable is disconnected, this is quite impossible.

SO, first control which device is to be used and then make the connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cant-connect-to-wifi-but-connect-with-an-ethernet-cable-works-even-when-it-isnt-plugged-in.204891/
Relevancy 95.03%

I have a small problem To Cable? Please To Via Internet Xp Me Tell How Windows Connect Lan/ethernet Pro with Windows XP Pro I need to know why can Please Tell Me How To Connect To Internet Windows Xp Pro Via Lan/ethernet Cable? t it detect Please Tell Me How To Connect To Internet Windows Xp Pro Via Lan/ethernet Cable? my LAN Ethernet cable anymore Would any of you please tell me how to make it instantly connect to the internet without me having to type in my IP address or static-address amp ect in the quot Network Connections quot section of my WinXP Control Panel Background story Recently I got a used-laptop Dell Inspiron which was pre-installed with Windows XP When I plugged my ethernet cord to the back of the computer Please Tell Me How To Connect To Internet Windows Xp Pro Via Lan/ethernet Cable? for the st time it would immediately detected the internet got connected to the internet right away Special Note Of course it was originally set-up to detect the ethernet LAN line cord whenever someone connected the LAN-line Ethernet cord to the back of the computer It detected all of the drivers which are installed on the computer until re-installed Windows on it Ever since I re-installed Windows XP SP on that computer it won t connect to the internet via Mozilla or whatever else I use as a browser It won t let me access the internet even with the ethernet card cable cord connected to it My internet-connection was lost as soon as I re-installed Windows XP Please tell me how to make my Laptop computer instantly detect the ethernet card or drivers like it did before I wiped it s memory amp re-installed XP on it Thanks in advance for your time amp help

A:Please Tell Me How To Connect To Internet Windows Xp Pro Via Lan/ethernet Cable?

When you reinstalled Windows did you install all the hardware drivers?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/172323/please-tell-me-how-to-connect-to-internet-windows-xp-pro-via-lanethernet-cable/
Relevancy 94.17%

My problem started the day of the big cyber attack on the internet. Coincidence?

I am having the same problem as this poster

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/629989/cant-connect-to-the-internet-via-wifi-but-can-with-cable/

I've tried everything mentioned in that thread to no avail.

I have Windows 7 - 64 bit.
Vaio vgn-z610y which is 7 yr old.

Went to Device manager.. First deleted, then I updated the  driver for Intel Wifi 5100 AGN.. Then I went to the Sony site and found another driver update.

I don't see a place in Bios.to enable wireless.

The Windows Mobility utility didn't fix the problem.

I don't know what else to try..The Netgear WNR1000 v4 router is new and wifi works on my tablet..

I've removed the battery from the laptop.

I don't have a restore point so maybe I have a virus? I've run Malwarebytes, , Awdcleaner, Avast, Tdsskiller,

Please HELP!

Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/630521/cant-connect-to-wifi-but-can-use-ethernet-cable/
Relevancy 93.31%

So here I am sitting on my desktop Vista machine Acer Aspire M model being able to connect to my D-Link wifi router by ONLY using a Belkin wifi dongle I Connect dongle Only cable Can using ethernet WiFi & not via cannot get my machine to connect with an ethernet cable I have tried several different cable but still no joy When I go Can Only Connect using WiFi dongle & not via ethernet cable to 'Network amp Sharing' centre in Vista I can see the Belkin Wifi connection which is obviously how I am being able to connect and type this but the wired connection just constantly says 'Unidentified' - Local Access Only Just to add some more info - I also went to the Command Prompt and typed in ipconfig renew and Can Only Connect using WiFi dongle & not via ethernet cable after a few seconds got the follwing reply 'An error occurred while renewing interface Wired Connection unable to contact your DHCP server Request timed out An error occured while releasing interface Loopback Pseudo-Interface The system cannot find the file specified Ethernet adaptor Wired Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link Local IPv Address f e ec b bd e Autoconfiguration IPv Address Subnet Mask Default gateway fe ea c cff e Can anyone help me out here

A:Can Only Connect using WiFi dongle & not via ethernet cable

....anybody?!?! Over 100 views and nobody has any idea on a possible fix?!

I also noticed a post further down which has had over 10,000 views and only 7 reponses...not holding out much hope....!!!

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/298275-can-only-connect-using-wifi-dongle-not-via-ethernet-cable.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Hi everyone
I have an Acer aspire one netbook, model D255 which operates on Windows 7.
Having trouble connecting to wifi connections. It worked fine initially, I tried turning the wifi switch on and off, it tells me that there are no wifi connections available, however everyone else Is able to connect via Wifi on their computers and myself without a problem on other devices.
On troubleshooting it's says - that an Ethernet cable is broken or not plugged in
properly, and is unable to fix the problem, as obviously I am not connected via any cable.
I looked in network and it says that the Ethernet cable is unplugged and does not show any available networks.
Urgent help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Relevancy 90.3%

Whenever I unplug from the router and go upstairs, I can't connect to my wi-fi. The problem also persists downstairs unless I am connected by ethernet. It's been happening for about 2 days. At first the wi-fi would jump in and out randomly and quickly but now it simply wont connect. Is it a virus or how can I fix it?

A:Wifi doesn't connect unless directly connected to router by ethernet cable

You might just need to restart your router / WiFI AP to resolve that issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-doesnt-connect-unless-directly-connected-to-router-by-ethernet-cable.202219/
Relevancy 87.29%

Last week i decided to move my computers (2). Internet was working fine before i did this. After I moved them I havent been able to connect except for a usb cable. Both computers are using the Windows Vista home premium 32 bit. Before all of this happened I had 2 computers and an Xbox 360 all connected. I have tried everything I can think of and none of it worked. I have charter cable internet and they were able to get on the internet fine using the ethernet cable. when i go to ipconfig/all it gives me a 169.254.216.245 IP address. I have read several places where people have been having problems with this but all the suggestions for them nothing worked for me! Please help

A:Cannot connect to internet using Ethernet Cable but can connect with USB cable

Do you connect via a modem or a router. Did you try the release/renew options when you were in ipconfig ?
If you use a router check it to see if it's still giving out IP's automatically.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/239670-cannot-connect-internet-using-ethernet-cable-but-can-connect-usb-cable.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Any idea chaps why my laptop connects to the internet over wifi but not if I connect the ehternet cable directly into the back?
I have checked that the driver is installed (I think) and also that the box is ticked to allocate IP address automatically...

Relevancy 86.86%

I have recently set up two Pc's down stairs next to each other. The plan was to use them for gaming but for the life of me i cannot get Ethernet & wifi to work at the same time.

Each Pc has its own wifi but gaming over wifi is slow and file transfers are painful. I can get it working but after around 5 min it will start defaulting all of traffic to the wifi.

I have tried over the last week everything I could find online. Renewing, flushing, sharing internet through one etc.

I have done an ipconfig /all on both machines whilst it was working then after it stops done at again but when I compared the results I cannot see any difference. :/

Any help would be awesome at this stage.

A:Ethernet gaming (crossover cable) with wifi internet.

Ovbious question perhaps but why not just use Ethernet for the one being used for gaming?
Plug in Ethernet, turn off WiFi.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/72567-ethernet-gaming-crossover-cable-wifi-internet.html
Relevancy 86%

I have a room (no wifi) and the room only have an Ethernet Cable that supply the internet to my PC.

Q1 How can I split the internet to another PC?

Q2 Is it possible have wifi? If yes how to setup?

Thanks

A:How to connect to internet for more than one PC with one ethernet cable

Hello skytech,

You can "split the Internet" using a wireless router (which will also give you Wifi -- see below), or you can use a switch to allow more physical connections.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is possible to setup Wifi with a wireless router.

You connect [what I assume you have] your modem to the wireless router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-connect-to-internet-for-more-than-one-pc-with-one-ethernet-cable.1132171/
Relevancy 86%

I cant connect to internet with ethernet cable it doesnt even show my cable is plugged in. The cable is okey i tried other computer and i got in internet with it.

if i restart my computer it comes back for like 5 -10 mins then it disappears again shows that the cable isnt plugged in and if i disable and enable the adapter it comes back again for 5 min. please help

A:Cant connect to internet with ethernet cable.

Hey hawkin,

Try to update the drivers for your LAN card. Or, if possible get an external card and plug the cable in that and check.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/315345-cant-connect-internet-ethernet-cable.html
Relevancy 86%

Alright I ll make it short but informative I can t connect cable able internet Only via to ethernet to connect to the internet without an ethernet cable I have tried pressing the laptop s quot WiFi quot button but nothing has happened The light didn t even change I have tried Only able to connect to internet via ethernet cable rebooting and going into BIOS to see Only able to connect to internet via ethernet cable if there was on option there nothing I Only able to connect to internet via ethernet cable have tried going into Device Manager and under quot Network Cards quot I got options I believe I had options though now I have only first I tried to deactivate it and the reactivate it but that just made it not work at all and when I got home and got my connection back I tried to update the drivers which is when I noticed I only had because I was at school when all showed up so I didn t have connection to update them but it just said that they were all up to date I have tried using the windows recovering tool to go back before the problem occurred Though I did get an error the first time due to my AVG being up so it couldn t complete but after that I tried doing it again with AVG off but the situation didn t change and I know the problem isn t with the router as the problem occurs with different WiFi s In the beginning it would only say quot can t connect to the internet quot over and over again but now it won t even show the available WiFi networks in the area Any help is much appreciated nbsp

A:Only able to connect to internet via ethernet cable

Any suggestions at all? if you require more information in order to come up with a solution, just tell me what you need an ill try my best to figure it out

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/only-able-to-connect-to-internet-via-ethernet-cable.212310/
Relevancy 86%

Hi I know this is a recurring problem and I ve scoured the forums for a solution but everything I ve tried so far hasn t worked Just got a new modem and it works fine while connected through an ethernet cord but I can t connect wirelessly My network doesn t even show up in the list of available networks I m using Vista by the way I ve downloaded all drivers that seemed to have something to do with my problem I ve done ipconfig all Can't cable to connect without ethernet internet and these are Can't connect to internet without ethernet cable the results Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Gabrielle gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Gabrielle-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - -D -F - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained July- - PM Lease Expires July- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - E- - - B- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom AG a b g draft-n Wi-Fi Adapter Physical Address - A- - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes I m at a loss Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Can't connect to internet without ethernet cable

You have a public IP address there, implying that your modem is just that, or if it is a modem/wireless router combo it is bridged (to act as modem only).

What is the brand and model of your modem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-internet-without-ethernet-cable.1060716/
Relevancy 86%

For some reason, i cannot connect to the internet using my current ethernet cable. I am 100% positive that adapter is working fine, as i had maintenance come into my room and check it out, but my computer won't connect to their internet through my cable

Attached is a picture of my device manager, but even through that, it appears that nothing is wrong.

My specs are:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 6055 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, -1260 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 262143 MB, Free - 199514 MB; D: Total - 322732 MB, Free - 322631 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer Inc., K53SV
Antivirus: Norton AntiVirus, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 86%

I have windows 7... I am connected to a network. However it say no internet access. I am in a dorm room with 2 others why can i not connect to the internet through my ethernet cable?

A:Cannot connect to internet through ethernet cable

Need ALOT more information, without more info in my professional opinion the magic unicorn is the cause for ethernet cable troubles.

What are you attempting to connect to (Modem, Router, direct to the wall, another computer)
Did you make the cable your self or did you purchase?
Were you told you have to set a static IP, or it uses a DHCP, or you don't know?
Do the 2 other people have internet access?
Have you tried to kick it yet?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-connect-to-internet-through-ethernet-cable-472833.html
Relevancy 86%

I know the Ethernet cable does have a valid internet connection because i get it on my lap top. When I go under internet connections I can see that I am connected to it but it doesn't do anything. I also have a wireless internet that i can connect to but it is not that good. Anyone know how i can make it so my Ethernet cable will actually work?

A:Can not connect to internet Via ethernet cable

start > run > type in cmd and hit enter

enter the command

Code:
ipconfig/all
post the results

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/can-not-connect-to-internet-via-ethernet-cable-407761.html
Relevancy 86%

Hey everyone, got an issue that's stumping me.

I bought a new computer here at work, and am having issues getting the ethernet port to work. I know the port itself works because it worked on Windows 7 when I first got the computer, but when I got it, I immediately did a clean install of Windows 8.1(media that came with the computer so I know it's compatible). Since I've installed Windows 8.1, it hasn't worked.

Things I've tried:
-Disabling the ethernet adapter and re-enabling it.
-Uninstalling the ethernet driver and restarting the computer to have it installed again.
-Unplugging and re-plugging in the switch, router, and modem.
-Tried cable on a different computer to make sure it wasn't my cable or port.
-Tried a different cable with my current computer.

I don't know what else to do.

I get this error:

I've tried ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew, and it doesn't change a thing.

A:Internet won't connect with ethernet cable.

In elevated command:

Code:
ipconfig/all
Post output

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/362457-internet-wont-connect-ethernet-cable.html
Relevancy 86%

I have an Acer desktop with Windows 7, and a couple of days ago I stopped being able to connect to the internet through the ethernet port. I am certain that the problem is not with the modem or the ISP, because I can plug in my laptop with an ethernet cable and it connects normally, plus I am able to connect any number of devices (including my desktop!) through wifi on the same modem. What can I do to fix this?

Relevancy 86%

Hi i have a Toshiba Satellite computer and my wifi doesnt work, it used to but it stopped all of a sudden.
https://gyazo.com/984c41491a3603c408f40cc4446008df

A:Toshiba Laptop internet only works through Ethernet Cable, NO WIFI

Reinstall your wifi driver from offcial toshiba website. Or you can check your all driver updated or not. To easily check all driver just download advanced driver updater to update WiFi and other driver

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/590272/toshiba-laptop-internet-only-works-through-ethernet-cable-no-wifi/
Relevancy 86%

Hello My laptop recently got a horrible virus which I managed to fix despite being a girl However One of the remaining side effects of the virus is that it will not scan for wireless networks - every time I try it says quot Windows cannot configure this wireless connection quot and quot If you want Windows to configure this wireless connection start the Wireless Zero Configuration WZC service quot So I can currently only - will the scanning My has laptop wifi stopped internet ethernet cable only allow for connect to the internet using an ether net cable which is very restricting as it means I can t take my laptop to a cafe etc Things I ve tried gt Turning it on and off again - yes - in every way - the router the laptop the cabelling all of it gt Other laptops - I have had friends bring their laptops round and they have been able to scan for and connect to my wireless network - so the problem is definitely with my laptop gt System Restore - I have tried to restore back to the week before the laptop got the virus but this has not solved the problem Could it be that My laptop has stopped scanning for wifi - only the ethernet cable will allow internet the virus made my computer go into some kind of emergency attack mode and then the firewall got effected Any advice would be very gratefully received - thanks in advance for your help It is a Toshiba A - laptop running Windows XP xx nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-has-stopped-scanning-for-wifi-only-the-ethernet-cable-will-allow-internet.951187/
Relevancy 86%

Hello Firstly let me apologise if this question is repeated elsewhere but I could not find anything identical to it I have an Acer laptop WiFi Ethernet Whilst Connected Can't Cable Browse Internet and connect from this to the internet via Can't Browse WiFi Internet Whilst Ethernet Cable Connected a CDMA connection provided by the local I live in Thailand version of a Novatel MiFi modem This works just fine for internet Can't Browse WiFi Internet Whilst Ethernet Cable Connected browsing and I simultaneously use P P software to download UK TV stuff I also have a wired network in my house and on this I have a Gb NAS drive There is a wireless router on the network but I am outside of it's range When I connect the network cable to connect to the NAS drive I am no longer able to browse the internet BUT the P P software still carries on working as before So therefore my laptop is still connected to the internet via the Wifi network So why does my browser think otherwise Normally I use Google Chrome but I have also tried IE and this suffers from the same fate Can't Browse WiFi Internet Whilst Ethernet Cable Connected Any suggestions would be much appreciated Alan

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/cant-browse-wifi-internet-whilst-ethernet-cable-connected-601433.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi I m trying to set up the new lads computer in our office and I m having a problem with the LAN Im connecting with an ethernet cable and keep getting connect Ethernet using to cable Unable internet to the Unable to connect to internet using Ethernet cable Limited or no connectivity message whilst i m not a computer genius I ve followed a few steps on here so far but got no joy What I ve tried rebooting machine and router with all cables in swapping testing cable using both LAN ports on PC used alternative port on router Ran winsockxpfix flushed dns release dns checked that the relevant services are started in control panel gt services this is what i get when i type ipconfig all which means not much to me Microsoft Windows XP Version copy Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Chris Harrison gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Harry Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel reg PRO GT Desktop Adapter Physical Address - E- C-C - E- F Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel reg DM Gigabit Network Con nection Physical Address - -D - C- D- B Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Thats about the limit of what I can find to try so any help would be much appreciated Thanks

A:Unable to connect to internet using Ethernet cable

<<Autoconfiguration IP Address. . . : 169.254.223.161>>

Have a look at the following, please: http://www.wikihow.com/Set-up-DHCP-Network-Settings-on-Windows-XP .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/478179/unable-to-connect-to-internet-using-ethernet-cable/
Relevancy 85.14%

hello Recently my uncle redid my other laptop to its original out-of-the-box state due to slowness Afterwards when my father plugged in the ethernet cable of Motorola s SBV SURFboard Cable Modem we use the optimum service into the computer the computer icon at the bottom right of the I internet connect ! S P E A H when work L cable even does not ethernet P E the L E screen indicated that the network was unidentified and has only local connections---therefore no internet On the laptop I m on right now the network is correctly recognized P L E A S E H E L P ! internet does not work even when I connect the ethernet cable and has both local AND internet connections Why is that I concluded that since the other laptop is quot redone quot then I must reinstall the installation cd of the modem and I did today All went well in the installation process until the near end where the cd automatically checked to see how the connection was btw the comp and modem It resulted with an error stating something like that invalid or something I forgot Thus my installation attempts of the modem on the other laptop failed I tried to reboot both the comp and modem but still failed I don t understand Why is there limited connectivity I don t even have perfect wireless connectivity I mean both of my laptops have the wireless capability and I can go around the house with the working one and find linkys with one bar of signal But I don t have the wireless modem or something that gives stable wireless connectivity to either of them---only the motorola modem that gives internet to only of the right now What should I do The solution shouldn t be too difficult I am quite young and did my best to solve this problem So I now await for the knowledge of you professionals to aid me thank you nbsp

A:P L E A S E H E L P ! internet does not work even when I connect the ethernet cable

You want to first establish a connection from the laptop to the Motorola modem, with the Linksys router out of the loop. Is the laptop running Windows Vista or XP? When you go to Network Connections or Network and Sharing Center, do you see a LAN?

If you are connecting via an ethernet cord to a cable modem, then you would not need to install any modem. The disk you have for your Motorola modem may be for installing USB drivers in case you were using a USB cable.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/p-l-e-a-s-e-h-e-l-p-internet-does-not-work-even-when-i-connect-the-ethernet-cable.837566/
Relevancy 85.14%

Last year this acer laptop was being used to at my mums with no problems with wireless internet I then borrowed it from my mum for about a through can only ethernet to to cable internet superhub connect year it was set up in my flat with no issues my mum wanted the laptop back so i took it down to my mums but can only connect to internet through ethernet cable to superhub it wouldnt work unless ethernet cable was attached to superhub even though it states that we have a strong internet connection It doesnt let me browse basically i then phoned virgin and they werent able to resolve problem they said that its not a problem at can only connect to internet through ethernet cable to superhub there end it is a problem with wireless adapter and would have to contact manufacturer iam really not convinced by this and and would appreciate any help that can be offered i am not the most computer literate person and dont have a clue where to begin with this after reading different forums i tried typing cmd into run and from results from this ive copied and pasted these results dont know if this helps Error unrecognized or incomplete command line USAGE ipconfig allcompartments all renew adapter release adapter renew adapter release adapter flushdns displaydns registerdns showclassid adapter setclassid adapter classid where adapter Connection name wildcard characters and allowed see examples Options Display this help message all Display full configuration information allcompartments Display information for all compartments release Release the IPv address for the specified adapter release Release the IPv address for the specified adapter renew Renew the IPv address for the specified adapter renew Renew the IPv address for the specified adapter flushdns Purges the DNS Resolver cache registerdns Refreshes all DHCP leases and re-registers DNS names displaydns Display the contents of the DNS Resolver Cache showclassid Displays all the dhcp class IDs allowed for adapter setclassid Modifies the dhcp class id The default is to display only the IP address subnet mask and default gateway for each adapter bound to TCP IP For Release and Renew if no adapter name is specified then the IP address leases for all adapters bound to TCP IP will be released or renewed For Setclassid if no ClassId is specified then the ClassId is removed Examples gt ipconfig Show information gt ipconfig all Show detailed information gt ipconfig renew renew all adapters gt ipconfig renew EL renew any connection that has its name starting with EL gt ipconfig release Con release all matching connections eg quot Local Area Connection quot or quot Local Area Connection quot gt ipconfig allcompartments Show information about all compartments gt ipconfig allcompartments all Show detailed information about all compartments Can anyone help thanks

A:can only connect to internet through ethernet cable to superhub

Hi and welcome to TSF I have moved you to networking for further help the info you posted is incomplete please follow the instructions here Pre-posting Requirements - for both Wired and Wireless Connectivity Issues
post the info here and please include a screen shot of xirrus wifi inspector this will allow the folks here more info, with which they can try to assist you

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/can-only-connect-to-internet-through-ethernet-cable-to-superhub-759473.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi i have just joined so new to this. I have just joined TalkTalk and managed to get on the internet only with the Ethernet cable. I'm on windows 7 64bit system, not sure what model the router is. I have tried troubleshooting, restarting, followed instructions but nothing works, i would be sooo happy if you could help

Relevancy 85.14%

First hello all..
I'm using Windows Vista Service Pack 2
Before vista i was using windows 7..
When using windows 7 i wasnt have any problem with connecting internet via wireless or ethernet cable..
As i said I'm using using vista service pack 2 and i cant connect internet with ethernet cable..
But with using wireless i can connect internet as well..
I tried the same ethernet cable with different computer with same modem..
And it works..
I think the problem is vista..
So anyone can help me with this problem?
I have serached about this problem before but there is wasnt any solution..
Please help me guys..
Thanks all..

Relevancy 85.14%

Hi, I recently got Fios installed in my home. I believe there is a box the size of a power box in the back room for the Internet.All my other devices (MAC, iPod, Blueray Player) are able to recieve instant and unbelieveable internet connection except for my Dell. I have a Studio XPS Dell computer with windows 7. I plugged in the ethernet cable in the back of my computer and into the "Fios Box" but i didn't recieve any internet. Then i bought a wireless adapter and I do get internet but it disconnects me like every 5 minutes.

A:Unable to connect to Internet via Ethernet Cable

Hello, and welcome to TSG forums.
You might try to update the driver for your network card.
When you go into device manager, are there any yellow (?) or(!) there?
VicksX

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-internet-via-ethernet-cable.1023547/
Relevancy 85.14%

So I have been unable to use the internet on my labtop for months I have another labtop that works fine and a ipod touch that connects through wireless that works fine I replaced the wireless card itself so I was able to rule that out Please help me getting it working again This is what i get when i run ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Chad gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Chad-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Network Con nection Physical Address - B- - B-A - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f ad df Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connection Physical Address - B- - - -FC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap D -D D- - C - D C D br E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - connect ethernet or wireless cable. to Cant through internet - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F C C - BA- CE- B- BFA br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap D E- F C- D -A EC- A A C br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B FB C- B - A -A F -EBC br D Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F DE-A C- CC -AED -C D F br E D Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F DFEB -A - A -A C- br CA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled Cant connect to internet through wireless or ethernet cable. No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap BF D - E - E - - br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes PLEASE HELP nbsp

Relevancy 85.14%

my year old Dell Studio laptop connects fine via wireless to home router and internet but I cannot connect through the ethernet cable I've done the troubleshooting disabled enabled the network adapter updated the drivers I'm using an ethernet cable which normally connects an XP so I know the cable's fine Device Manager says the Realtek PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller is working properly I found the Receive Side Scaling value Enabled so I Disabled that Shut off radio for wireless to I ethernet laptop through internet cable? connect How the do Centrino adapter Disabled wireless adapter too Restarted not only the laptop but also did a shutdown How do I connect laptop to internet through the ethernet cable? then restart of the entire FIOS with Asus Access Point home network with all devices shut How do I connect laptop to internet through the ethernet cable? down Checked BIOS setting didn't see any setting Disabled that appeared like the ethernet controller Can't do system restore I did a Repair installation of windows Home Premium last week but even before then the System Restore failed every time I've never been successful at getting a system restore to work on any XP or pc I've tried it on even though it's enabled and purports to work The laptop had been connected primarily maybe even exclusively via the wireless for years so I quot m not even sure the ethernet has ever been connected before I'd hate to buy a new ethernet controller card if i don't have to only to have the problem be software Any ideas thanks

A:How do I connect laptop to internet through the ethernet cable?

I'd say, inspect the ethernet port on the laptop for bent contact pins. Just for grins and giggles, try another cable. Try attaching the laptop to ANY other network via ethernet cable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/305552-how-do-i-connect-laptop-internet-through-ethernet-cable.html
Relevancy 85.14%

I cannot connect to the internet with my ethernet cable. The signal is broadcasting fine from my router, so I can connect with my wireless card, but I would rather do it directly with the ethernet. My computer fails to recognize any cable I put in and it says it's missing the driver. Windows can't seem to find my ethernet controller driver either. Thoughts?

A:Can't connect to the internet through ethernet cable. No driver?

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... Please fill in your System Specs ..

The Link below will help you achieve this ..
System Info - See Your System Specs
Do you have any errors in the Device Manager ? ....

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/345371-cant-connect-internet-through-ethernet-cable-no-driver.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi guys I ve been researching and trying to days to get this to work with no avail so I decided to post here for some help as doesn't Ethernet connected Wifi work cable. using working when only Internet I see this community is really active We ve got different laptops here and none of them can connect to the wifi anymore it suddenly stopped working for the last whole week We can connect to the internet through ethernet cables though We only use one at a time if ethernet then wireless is disabled and vice versa Here is a copy of the ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name PeterMai-HP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Internet only working when connected using Ethernet cable. Wifi doesn't work Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List moolahd local Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix moolahd local Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address AC- - D- B-ED-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ac a d b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday October PM Lease Expires Tuesday October PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FB- -AC- - D- B-ED-F DNS Servers Primary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom GN b g n x Wi-Fi Ada pter Physical Address -ED-B - D- -FD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f e e b fc f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FB- -AC- - D- B-ED-F DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap optusnet com au Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap moolahd local Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface CE FC E - F - C C- D - D EBEC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DDFAF D- B- -AA A-DBE BA F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface E ED - - A -BB -FB FA F F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes And here is a copy of the route print Interface List ac d b ed f Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller ed b d fd Broadcom GN b g n x Wi-Fi Adapter Software Loopback Interface e Microsoft to Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric O... Read more

A:Internet only working when connected using Ethernet cable. Wifi doesn't work

You have an IP on your LAN, but none on your wifi. Check your router to make sure DHCP for wifi is turned on and you have enough available addresses.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-only-working-when-connected-using-ethernet-cable-wifi-doesnt-work.197081/
Relevancy 85.14%

I m having a problem with my internet connection via wifi One day my laptop simply refused to connect The day before no problem uninstalls wifi, connection going from LAN Losing cable adapter internet Ethernet to I can connect by using the LAN cable directly connecting into Losing internet connection going from LAN cable to wifi, Ethernet adapter uninstalls ADSL router but when I try without the LAN cable plugged in Losing internet connection going from LAN cable to wifi, Ethernet adapter uninstalls via wifi there is no connection What I have also noticed is that the Ethernet adapter Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabyte Ethernet v does not appear load when I am not plugged in via cable This was Losing internet connection going from LAN cable to wifi, Ethernet adapter uninstalls not the case when everything was working fine Even to the point that it appears when I am on cable but when I disconnect the cable the Broadcom card disappears from my Device Manager I have tried to update the driver but cannot find a higher version than anywhere Note that in the nd case with LAN cable the Broadcom Ethernet adapter appears while in the first case it doesn t Any ideas on how to resolve the Ethernet adapter issue I could not really figure out how to update the driver properly I tried downloading it from HP but the system says it cannot find a more recent version or even the one I have now Here is my Ipconfig for both cases Without LAN cable plugged in tryingt to access only via WiFi router Windows IP Configuration Host Name Filip Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Networ k Connection Physical Address - - - F- A- A Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained May Lease Expires May C gt ping google com Ping request could not find host google com Please check the name and try again With LAN cable connected directly to ADSL routerC gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Filip Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Networ k Connection Physical Address - - - F- A- A Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained May Lease Expires May Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - - -C - C-D Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server nbsp

A:Losing internet connection going from LAN cable to wifi, Ethernet adapter uninstalls

Hi there,

at first check out those possibilities:
When you open your network connections and go to the properties of your Lan-Connection (Cable) uncheck the box in which is says that you should be warned if this connection has low connectivity. Do that also at your wifi connection.

After that deactivate your Cable connection if you try to connect via Wifi.

greetz
Fraki

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/losing-internet-connection-going-from-lan-cable-to-wifi-ethernet-adapter-uninstalls.568852/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi
My girlfriends parents have bought a new compaq laptop with windows 7. Connected up to the internet by cable & wireless no problem.
Yesterday couldn't do either and found it nearly impossible to get into the routers settings to check them. Kept saying limited access. I've tried various things to no avail.
Then I noticed that my iphone could connect to the router, so I ruled out a router problem.
I brought the laptop home and it wouldn't connect to our router, so I'm presuming it's a settings problem. But now I'm stuck!

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Mark

Relevancy 84.28%

I've been having a problem for the last few weeks where my laptop wasn't recognizing my internet. When it stopped working I could see my connection through the network access, but it always failed to connect and the troubleshooter told me to restart my router. After trying a few times, shutting down and restarting my computer, doing a system restore, and a factory reset twice, I can connect to the internet through an Ethernet cable. However, now my laptop can't even see that any connections are available.

There are other computer in my house, all they all connect just fine. What should I do?

A:Laptop can't connect to the internet unless it's connected to an Ethernet cable

The laptops internal WIFI card has probably failed. You can get around it by using an external USB wifi adapter

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-cant-connect-to-the-internet-unless-its-connected-to-an-ethernet-cable.210264/
Relevancy 84.28%

For the past couple of years I have been fine with using my ethernet cable until now. I recently installed AVG and after I activated the AVG firewall it stopped windows firewall. I am still connected it says but I can't use any internet browser. Please help.

Relevancy 84.28%

So saturday, my friend and i build my computer. Everything worked just fine that day. Sunday i had no problem connecting to the internet. Sunday is also the day i set up a password for my admin account.

Now when i came back from work monday, i tried to log in to my computer. As it appears, i forgot my password... (same i use on everything, so i must have messed up inputting my pass)

So i did a windows reset, since i had no CD or USB to reset my pass.

I tried installing windows, and it appears 'this copy of windows is not genuine'. I thought, okay, no prob, as long as i have all options.

Relevancy 83.42%

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 380 @ 2.53GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3766 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1755 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 597065 MB, Free - 490266 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, Aspire 5742
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012, Not Updated

Please help me, I don't know what to do.
My internet connection suddenly stopped working and I don't know how to fix it, I've restarted the computer and unplugged the modem, amongst other things, but nothing seems to be working.
The only way I can have internet connection is with the ethernet cable, but it doesn't work without...

A:Solved: Can only connect to internet with ethernet cable, does not work wireless

you have marked this - solved - has the problem been resolved now

if not
have you made sure the wireless is switched on - often there's a physical switch or a combination of the FN + one of the F keys to control the wireless

post an ipconfig /all and xirrus screen shot
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://info.xirrus.com/Wi-FiInspectorConfirmation.html

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-inspectorguide-1-2-1-RevB-6.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)

To post a screen shot of the active window.
1) hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
OR
2) if you are using Vista/Windows 7 you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-can-only-connect-to-internet-with-ethernet-cable-does-not-work-wireless.1067146/
Relevancy 83.42%

Can't connect to internet, error message says check ethernet cable. Have not changed cable or replaced cable so not sure why no connection. Router is connected (all other computers with Wi Fi works). The router and computer have lights on the ethernet ports that are lit up showing connection. HELP?

A:Can't connect to internet, ethernet cable connected to router and comp

Try resetting everything by powering off - router, modem, PC

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/305303-cant-connect-internet-ethernet-cable-connected-router-comp.html
Relevancy 83.42%

I recently bought an older Dell Inspiron 8100 just to lug around and it connects to wifi via a wireless card no problem. The problem I am having is that when I hardwire to the net via the ethernet cable, I get nothing. It's OS is Windows XP sp3. Anyone that could give me some advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 83.42%

i always use to use my ethernet cable to hook up to the internet. now when i plug it in, theres no connection and it doesnt even notice that the cable is plugged in. please help. im at university and the wifi is terrible

A:Urgent: Toshiba satellite won't connect to internet with ethernet cable

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/urgent-toshiba-satellite-wont-connect-to-internet-with-ethernet-cable.1071059/
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi great site idea I m having a strange issue regarding internet Moved country Ireland to Australia PC had never caused any issues before and was connected to net via a wireless adapter Moved to Australia set up PC everything seems fine apart from not being able to connect to Internet Wireless - when I plug wireless adapter into usb port toolbar displays Monitor with red x so i double click and to view network list but my network isn t available but my neighbors one shows up even though according to the status of wireless network connections adaptor is internet connect Solved: or Wireless wont to PC cable Ethernet via quot Not connected quot but my network is a very strong signal and am actually using it right now on Solved: PC wont connect to internet via Wireless or Ethernet cable my notebook to send this mail so adaptor s Solved: PC wont connect to internet via Wireless or Ethernet cable sees asnother network but not my network which is metre away Ethernet Cable - Plug in cable but nothing happens no change on toolbar nothing in Network Connections Tried internet with but doesn t work stumped Am I making a simple schoolboy error here Checked Device Manager and there is a yellow question mark at Other Devices opened that and inside yellow question mark and exclamation mark over quot other PCI Bridge quot and quot Video Controller VGA Compatible Any advise cant update any drivers as I cant get PC online obviously Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 83.42%

Hello,

I am having problem connecting my laptop to the internet via ethernet cable.

I am typing this from a Mac desktop that is on the same connection - no router in use, just a cable modem.

I have tried 3 different laptops plugging in to the ethernet cable directly to the modem and all say the same thing - limited to no connectivity for the XP machines, and "Local access only" for the Vista machine.

It recognizes the ethernet cable, and it searches for connectivity but does not succeed.

What makes this weird is that the connection itself is live as evidenced by my ability to type on this desktop.

Please help!!

A:Solved: Can't connect laptop to internet via ethernet cable (wireless is ok)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-connect-laptop-to-internet-via-ethernet-cable-wireless-is-ok.759881/
Relevancy 83.42%

I can't connect wirelessly only with cable. I had no problems connecting via WiFi until recently. In "Manage Wireless Networks" it says "Wireless is not currently enabled"
Help please!

A:Can't Connect To The Internet Via WiFi, But Can With Cable

Please post some relevant specs on your computer.
Retail? Homebuild? Desktop? Laptop? Age of computer?
What have you already done to try to fix the problem? That way we don't waste time explaining how to do things you have tried already.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/629989/cant-connect-to-the-internet-via-wifi-but-can-with-cable/
Relevancy 82.99%

Something strange happened This morning at my Dell laptop quot Wi-Fi quot changed from quot Wi-Fi quot to quot Wi-Fi quot and my Ethernet is now quot Ethernet quot Now I cannot connect to the Internet through Ethernet which is my only option where I am which is at home and the Wi-Fi networks that used to show up on the list because I am within range don t show up anymore I cannot even turn Wi Fi on since it is grayed out under quot Networks quot Specifically it now says quot Dell Wireless b g n GHZ quot on the Device Manager I tried to delete the from quot Wi-Fi quot on the Network Connections page but Laptop or connect Internet to ethernet Wifi with won't it says quot cannot rename this connection A connection with the name you specified already exists quot So the original Wi-Fi Laptop won't connect to Internet with ethernet or Wifi and Ethernet are still there somewhere but where Why did they disappear How can I get them back Here is some system information Windows edition Processor Intel Core i - U GHz GHz -bit operating system I restored my system to March but that didn t work Any help would be Laptop won't connect to Internet with ethernet or Wifi greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 82.99%

Hello everyone I am having an issue I attempted installed zonealarm free a few days ago when I woke up I saw that it said the installation failed Yet still I saw zonealarm listed as a new program that was installed I also can unable to connect to the internet I changed the settings of zonealarm from high to medium but still no internet I uninstalled zonealarm and even used the clean exe zonealarm tool no internet I manually went ahead and removed via or connect ethernet wifi to internet to Unable as many zone Unable to connect to internet via wifi or ethernet alarm components as possible but still no internet I have done various elevated command prompts net sh etc However for the reset one it always says reset failed Ip and Ip in a not connected state and all wifi networks say limited as well as Ethernet connections I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers Also I have no system restore points available When the issue Unable to connect to internet via wifi or ethernet was first present my last restore point was Unable to connect to internet via wifi or ethernet Office preview which I had installed two hours or so before zonealarm Zonealarm never had a restore point Since trying to troubleshoot this issue all my restore points have been erased I am going insane Can you guys please help me to figure out how to fix this Thanks in advance for your help Laptop Sony Vaio Flip OS Windows Professional Wireless Card Intel Wireless N

A:Unable to connect to internet via wifi or ethernet

System Restore to before you installed Zonealarm.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/66161-unable-connect-internet-via-wifi-ethernet.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi,

I am not able to connect internet via wifi (although I can connect to the router). I am able to connect to internet via plunging the cable.

I see that yellow triangle with "!" mark in the internet connection.

Please help!!

Shailesh Jajotar

Relevancy 82.56%

I just reformatted my hard drive to windows xp on a dell vostro 200. I am trying to connect to the internet via an ethernet cable, which works on my dell dimension pc just fine. How do I determine what is wrong?

A:Solved: Cannot connect to internet using ethernet cable after reformatting hard drive

you would need to re-instal all your drivers from the dell website - using your service tag number, on a label on the pc, or model number

Device Manager

Please Post back the results in device manager as requested below

You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the screen shot and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.
If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

how to access device manager for different windows versions
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000833.htm

Hold the Windows key and press Pause key, should open to allow device manager to be seen, see the menu on the left hand side

on a laptop you may need to use Hold the Windows key and press FN key + the pause key

Once you are in device manager then navigate to:

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices that are listed under network adapters
are there any yellow ! ? or a X​
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window.
For Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-connect-to-internet-using-ethernet-cable-after-reformatting-hard-drive.1105785/
Relevancy 82.56%

my problem is i can connect to my network also internet via WiFi but i get drop out . but not via cable the router IP is 192.168.0.3 my server 2012 ip 198.168.0.10 we have 16 port switch trying to connect to server with cable also get internet . Could the windows server be blocking my access. email

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/64056-my-computers-cannot-connect-internet-via-cable-only-via-wifi.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi folks Unable my connection to with Wifi Ethernet or through connect internet the machine is Samsung NP e a installed with windows bit Unable to connect with my internet connection by any means wifi or ethernet One of the senior member of this forum sent Unable to connect with my internet connection through Wifi or Ethernet me a link of Unable to connect with my internet connection through Wifi or Ethernet drivers I uploaded all the drivers again and again The Unable to connect with my internet connection through Wifi or Ethernet laptop has no error message in Control Panels except the D video adaptor which I think isn t related Here is the detail of Network Adaptors installed Bluetooth device personal area network Bluetooth device TDI protocol RFCOMM Realtek PCI GBE family controller Intel Centrino Wireless N Microsoft Virtual minport adaptor Microsoft Virtual minport adaptor I tried to connect via ethernet but it doesn t detect the cable I checked the same cable and router with other computer and its working Wifi networks are available tried to connect my network it asks for password and then gives the message window Windows could not connect to my network The wifi network is working with three other devices One more strange thing bluetooth is also not working although its drivers are showing no error but that I doesn t require at the moment Please help

A:Unable to connect with my internet connection through Wifi or Ethernet

again i will tell you to do the same thing i tell others in same situation. In addition to the driver downloads; try power cycling the modem and router. Unplug the power to both the modem and router and wait about a minute or so; then plug the modem back in first and let that fully boot; then plug the router back in and let that fully boot. Post back if that does not solve the issue; or mark this thread solved if it has.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/327564-unable-connect-my-internet-connection-through-wifi-ethernet.html
Relevancy 82.13%

So this might be pretty long but this is all that has wifi drivers/internet/ethernet port connect No to to happened so far So my laptop which is a HP DM it was fine nd No drivers/internet/ethernet port to connect to wifi everything but it would shut itself off but i had it plugged in and everything then when i went to turn it bck on it said to put a recovery disc No drivers/internet/ethernet port to connect to wifi so i went on my mom's laptop nd downloaded that nd burned it and used it It reinstalled Windows but when it would No drivers/internet/ethernet port to connect to wifi boot up it would look like Windows but the log on screen nd home screen would look like Windows XP so i been downloading drivers since i dnt have most the stuff i need nd i got Areo nd it looks like Windows again but the clock nd those icons still look like XP like it shows a computer instead of wifi bars So problem is now that my internet button doesnt work for wifi nd there is no networks to connect too nd some drivers are missing which ive tried so many things nd not getting anywhere Idk what i did though but out of the times i was trying to download windows i finally got windows home premium up but it was all black nd said it was an ungenuine copy nd was on a temporary account nd everything would get deleted after logging off After i shut dwn it made me reinstall windows nd now ive tried to get bck to the black screen one but it just goes ito the XP looking one

A:No drivers/internet/ethernet port to connect to wifi

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums .. No idea where you Downloaded Windows from .. But it looks like a corrupt Install .. Your should start again .. Read the Link below and follow the Instructions step by step .. Every thing is in the Link you need to get the perfect Install including the Link for the Download ISO for Windows .. If you Post the exact Model Number of your Laptop ... I will find any Drivers that are missing after the Re-install .. Windows should find most of them if you run the Updates ..
Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/335432-no-drivers-internet-ethernet-port-connect-wifi.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I have a Sony Vaio with WIFI and an ALienware that does not have WIFI. I need to connect the Alienware to the Vaio with ethernet cable to access the net. I keep getting a IP address conflict message on the Vaio. The only thing I need the Vaio for is the WIFI connectivity. Will be purchasing a new PCI card (wireless adapter) soon but until I do... I need to make that connection on the Vaio a Hot Spot or the likes. Any surefire methodology to accomplish this task? Thanks so much for any help you can offer. Kirt (530)749-1110

A:Win XP, laptop#1 has WIFI, laptop #2 needs to connect thru #1 with ethernet cable

what operating systems are on the PCs

you should use ICS - internet connection sharing or bridge
what type of cable do you have - it may need a crossover cable if the pcs are old and do not have autosensing LAN connections
TURN ON ICS
TURN ON ICS - for internet sharing

General
-------
TURN ON ICS - for internet sharing
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Using-ICS-Internet-Connection-Sharing

XP
--
TURN ON ICS - for internet sharing - for windows XP
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/crawford_02july01.mspx

VISTA
-----
TURN ON ICS - for internet sharing - for windows VISTA
http://www.windowsreference.com/win...ternet-connection-sharing-ics-setup-in-vista/

windows 7
---------
TURN ON ICS - for internet sharing - for windows 7
http://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-7/bridge-network-connections-in-windows-7/

Bridging two network connections:
Make sure the secondary connection has DHCP enabled.
Open the Network Connections folder from the Start Menu, Settings.
Select the first connection to be used in the bridge and highlight it by left clicking on it.
Holding the Ctrl key, select the second connection to be used in the bridge by left clicking on it.
Right click on one of the two highlighted connections and select Bridge Connections.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-laptop-1-has-wifi-laptop-2-needs-to-connect-thru-1-with-ethernet-cable.1016997/
Relevancy 81.27%

I have been having a problem the Sony internet won't ethernet) or to (wifi Laptop connect Vaio for a few weeks now and nothing I ve done or come across seems to solve the issue Basically when I try and connect to my wifi netgear router I get a very strong signal but local only access amp an unidentified network I have my desktop amp more laptops running off this router so it can t be that After failing to connect to wifi I tried to use an ethernet connection to try and update my drivers in hope that would fix the wifi problem After plugging the ethernet Sony Vaio Laptop won't connect to the internet (wifi or ethernet) in I was in exactly the same position I kept getting Identifying appear in network connections which then turned to unidentified and wouldn t allow me to connect to Sony Vaio Laptop won't connect to the internet (wifi or ethernet) the internet either The laptop is about - years old I think so I did update the drivers but that didn t do anything either any help would be appreciated Thanks Forgot to Sony Vaio Laptop won't connect to the internet (wifi or ethernet) mention my os is vista nbsp

Relevancy 79.98%

My comp was infected with a virus until I finally got MBAM to work and delete all my viruses and rootkits. My Internet was working fine both ways before I installed it. But now i can connect to it, but when I access the Internet in any of my browsers (firefox, ie8, opera, or safari) I get a blank screen in firefox after going to any site, and the rest just say that it's not connected to the Internet. Even tried going into Safe Mode with Networking, no luck. Please help!

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I am using windows xp sp3 with firewall off and system restore disabled by group policy and using the admin account does not help solve the problem either.

A:Wifi or Internet cable won't connect me to Internet

Try this--open control, internet options, connections tab, lan settings, uncheck the box next to "use proxy...." ORGo to Start ... Run and type in cmdA dos Window will appear.Type in the dos window: netsh winsock resetClick on the enter key.Reboot your system to complete the process.EDIT I moved this to Am I Infected also

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/344877/wifi-or-internet-cable-wont-connect-me-to-internet/
Relevancy 79.12%

I have two Apple laptops running well on an Airport Extreme wireless network. I am trying to connect a Dell Windows XP Service Pack 3 to the Airport via a USB to Ethernet LAN cable directly to the Airport for internet access. The Times Warner cable guy hooked it up and it accessed the internet just fine. I have since reformatted and reloaded Windows. I have not changed any of the cable connections. I have tried the Windows Network Wizard and the Airport Utility (which cannot detect the Airport). Windows says I have a "LAN or High-Speed Internet 1394 Connection" connected. However, Windows cannot find any internet access. The cable guy had it hooked up and on the internet in just a couple of minutes. Before I reformatted I noticed another connected network, not the 1394. Please help me get the Dell on the Airport via USB to Ethernet LAN cable for internet access. Thanks in advance for your help.

A:Connect Windows PC to Airport Extreme via Ethernet cable

Install the chipset drivers from your Drivers/Resource CD or, better, from Dell's web site. Use your Service Tag for easier searching. Then check in Device Manager to see if there are still more missing drivers.

EDIT: You probably need the driver for the USB ethernet adapter also.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connect-windows-pc-to-airport-extreme-via-ethernet-cable.807333/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi, I'm trying to connect a
PC with Windows 7 Professional
with another with Windows 7 Home Premium
using an Ethernet cable.
PC - 1

IP Address - 192.168.0.1 Subnet Mask - 255.255.255.0
PC - 2

IP Address - 192.168.0.2 Subnet Mask - 255.255.255.0
Restart, but nothing happens, no connection between them. Anyone can help me?
Thanks!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/27921010-4f04-44f0-91f1-f1513f9eab45/cannot-connect-two-different-windows-7-home-amp-pro-computers-using-a-crossover-ethernet-cable?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi So I decided to reformat my Toshiba laptop today I download the Windows Home Premiumm via wifi // Can't or ethernet Reformatted to connect Windows x bit ISO file from here I didn't upgrade just a reformat as the laptop was getting clouded in rubbish Download Official Windows SP ISO bit bit Reformatted Windows // Can't connect to wifi or via ethernet from Microsoft Booted from USB installation went went as expected After completion I can't find any networks it doesn't find any Wifi networks and even when I connect Ethernet cable from the router it doesn't detect it at all Now before reformatting both wifi and ethernet worked without problems and right now both wifi and that ethernet work with my desktop Because Reformatted Windows // Can't connect to wifi or via ethernet of that I can only guess it might be drivers missing so laptop can't find the networks But I am bit lost in which are missing if that is the problem at all The laptops name is Toshiba Sattelite Here is the screen from the network panel Any help possible Thanks in advance and Kind Regards

A:Reformatted Windows // Can't connect to wifi or via ethernet

Look in Change Adapter Settings, is your wifi adapter listed and enabled? If you see it and is enabled, try the troubleshooter...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/352763-reformatted-windows-cant-connect-wifi-via-ethernet.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Every time I connect to my ethernet, windows 7 will NOT disable the wifi. Is it a driver issue or what?

A:Disable Wifi when connect via ethernet in windows 7

I don't think it's a driver issue, but just how windows works. Every laptop I've had does that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/216336-disable-wifi-when-connect-via-ethernet-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello guys, soo i have a wierd problem. yesterday all was good, turned my computer off went to bed. When i wake up today and turned my computer on i have no internet. i tried troubleshooting it, tried reinstalling drivers, i even used another ethernet cable and nothing works. i can go on the web through my phone via USB and sharing my phone's wifi, but other than that no internet.

This happened a couple months ago but i don't remenber what i did to fix it.
My wild guess is that it was a windows update. I'm not 100% sure but yeah. I think it updated something on startup but i was still sleepy and didnt pay attention to it.

I need serious help :\

i don't know what to provide with this help request since i'm new to the forum, soo ask away. Thanks in advance.

A:Windows 10 No internet. (ethernet cable not recognized??)

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Does the Ethernet jack work in Safe Mode?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/windows-10-no-internet-ethernet-cable-not-recognized-1112857.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Basically what happened before: After updating to Windows 10, my computer was not showing any network options. (The icon says "Not connected - No connections are available) Going into Control Panel/Network and Internet/Network Connections, it then says "Local Area Connection Network cable unplugged". I ran diagnostics and it said to plug in the ethernet cable to the network adaptor. So my wifi connection will not work with my laptop unless directly connected to by the ethernet cable. Wifi works fine with phones, ipods/ipads, and another laptop that was also updated to windows 10/a desktop still using windows 8.

A:Wifi not connecting without Ethernet cable

If you can't connect with Wi-Fi plugging in an Ethernet cable is bypassing the wireless entirely. Have you checked Control Panel, Device Manager [or right-click the Start button and choose Device Manager], see if maybe you need to download then install drivers for your Wireless Network adapter? Check the Network work section, are there any yellow symbols there? Is the Wireless adapter listed? If so maybe it needs to have the drivers updated, right-click and make the choice while still connected. The downside to Upgrading to Win10 is the "it worked in Win7 w/SP1 or Win8.1" doesn't guarantee it works in Win10 without updating drivers that Microsoft may not yet have available, they usually come from the manufacturer of devices.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/18262-wifi-not-connecting-without-ethernet-cable.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Is there somewhere in Windows XP, 7, and 8 to have it use the ethernet cable only when plugged in even with WiFi enabled or connected?

A:Prefer ethernet cable over WiFi?

When my Ethernet cable is plugged into the modem, it automatically supercedes wireless connection.

I.E. - When using PS3, I plug in cable and that is the one that is recognized - if I unplug it, wireless takes over.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/339871-prefer-ethernet-cable-over-wifi.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I am a student living in university halls where access to a residential internet network is via an ethernet cable which you plugin in your room This has been working fine however after a recent windows update - it started saying no internet access the usual ethernet connection icon but with the little yellow exclamation mark There is nothing wrong with the university network my friend s internet is working fine next door and a university IT person informed me that it is most likely my computer So the only way I have been using the internet is by doing a system restore to before the updates were installed - and the internet works fine 'No cable after Update ethernet via access' internet Windows with the ethernet cable At least twice now I have left my laptop and the windows update prompt has reached the end of the timer and automatically installed the updates - and again I get the no internet access error and have to do another system restore I am sure it must be the update but bear in mind that I do occasionally have a no internet access icon and I usually have to restart my laptop and re-insert the cable to remedy the problem I tried this several times after the updates and I still had no internet access Here s my IPCONFIG ALL log which might help - but this is after a system restore and before the updates are then installed causing the error the only way I can access the internet to post on here Code Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Scott gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name STUDENT Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List mshome net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Atheros AR X Wireless 'No internet access' via ethernet cable after Windows Update Network Adapter Physical Address - - B-F - D-E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet 'No internet access' via ethernet cable after Windows Update adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix lancs ac uk Description Marvell Yukon 'No internet access' via ethernet cable after Windows Update E PCI-E Gigabit Ether net Controller Physical Address - D-BA-F - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d baa c d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained October Lease Expires October Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - E- - - - D-BA-F - - DNS Servers fe b a f e Primary WINS Server Secondary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Connection-specific DNS Suffix Search List mshome net Tunnel adapter isatap lancs ac uk Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fb c a f dd e Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe c a f dd e Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap home Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Scott gt nbsp

Relevancy 73.96%

Appended below are the following log files ipconfig all TechGuy SysInfo Log HijackThis Log attach log from dds scr note this program did not create a file named dds txt ark log from GMER FSS log from Farbar ipconfig all Microsoft modem. Ethernet cannot bit cable XP 32 to access via Windows DSL Internet Windows Windows XP 32 bit cannot access Internet via Ethernet cable to DSL modem. XP Windows XP 32 bit cannot access Internet via Ethernet cable to DSL modem. Version C Copyright Windows XP 32 bit cannot access Internet via Ethernet cable to DSL modem. - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Rick gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name D P J Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connection Physical Address - - - A- - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G Graphics Controller Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Computer Corp R Antivirus None HijackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Utilities Antivirus HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www sandboxer com redirect aspx ID amp MID JSAG S SGESDE BT L G P AAP ZS HWF R - URLSearchHook AOLSearchHook Class - EB EA-E BE- CFD- F F-C A C EAFA - C Program Files AIM Search AOLSearch dll R - URLSearchHook no name - D F -B FE- -BF - AB D D - no file R - URLSearchHook no name - B B - - d -B D- EBB BA F A - no file O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo COMPAN Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO no name - D F -B FE- -BF - AB D D - no file O - BHO AOL Search Enhancement - EB EA-E BE- CFD- F F-C A C EAFA - C Program Files AIM Search AOLSearch dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO no name - A A- - C-A - E D - no file O - BHO AppGraffiti - F A - E - D B- - B EA C EF - C PROGRA APPGRA APPGRA DLL O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - BHO no name - F A - B- E - A - F B D - no file O - BHO XBTBPos - FCBCCB - - B D-B -F D BEB - C Program Files Fast Browser Search IE FBStoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo COMPAN Installs cpn ycomp dll O - Toolbar no name - CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - no file O - Toolbar Fast Browser Search Toolbar - BB D -A - B -A -C A F EC - C Program Files Fast Browser Search IE FBStoolbar dll O - To... Read more

A:Windows XP 32 bit cannot access Internet via Ethernet cable to DSL modem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-32-bit-cannot-access-internet-via-ethernet-cable-to-dsl-modem.1097937/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hey guys This issue is most puzzling to me Since yesterday the internet began to act unsoundly through WiFi As in I never had this problem before There were periods where it was fast enough to play some online games watch Youtube no problem and then it would shut off randomly So since yesterday I have been restarting the modem with only very short term resolutions to the issue I accessed the modem through my web browser and it says the connection is always working fine Despite that I called my ISP and they claimed there was an issue and forwarded it to Deutsche Telekom Since then I did some experimenting and plugged my computer into the modem with the ethernet cable Boom No problem whatsoever It's been top speed and reliable So I'm assuming this is an issue with Windows hopefully you guys can help me out If it helps I downloaded and installed updates for Windows today There are optional ones that I did not download yet but I did is Wifi unstable, top is ethernet speed? cable yet download and install the important ones Wifi is unstable, yet ethernet cable is top speed? no problem I checked the network adapters and they all state quot The best driver for your software is already installed quot Thanks in advance

A:Wifi is unstable, yet ethernet cable is top speed?

You may want to go to the website of the laptop's manufacturer and download the latest driver, and install it. Using the OEM driver, sometimes eliminates the problem.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/39958-wifi-unstable-yet-ethernet-cable-top-speed.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi there,

So in the past my laptop has been able to connect directly to the internet using an Cat5e cable, but recently when I have been trying to direct connect, I have been unable to, and not sure when the problem started because I always used WiFi and it worked great. I do a lot of messing around, not only with my network, but with my laptop settings also, so something might have gone bunko. I have done much troubleshooitng, such as trying to update drivers, checking to see if the hardware was disabled, etc... And I am out of ideas! Please, anything helps!

A:Ethernet Cable Not Recognized by Laptop, but Wifi is

can we see an ipconfig /all
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-cable-not-recognized-by-laptop-but-wifi-is.1059231/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hey guys, my laptop asus stopped working with wifi connection and I was just reading some posts here about this same problem but didn't find how to fix it.

I was uninstalling some programs from my pc but I didn't uninstall programs named "something wireless". I just took off what I knew I could.

I also tried the option "solve problems" in the wireless pc symbol and the answer was to connect my laptop to an ethernet cable...that never happened. Just now.

Does anyone knows how I get back my wireless connection? Pleasee

A:WiFi doesn't work only with cable ethernet

Powercycle the modem and router. Here is a specific order if you have a separate modem and router.
1. Shut down all PC's.
2. Shut down the Modem and router.
3. Power on the modem only. Wait 2 minutes or so.
4. Power on the router. Wait 2 minutes or so.
If you have a modem/router combo, then you don't need step 4.
5. Boot up the PC and see if you can connect.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-doesnt-work-only-with-cable-ethernet.207136/
Relevancy 73.1%

I have Lenovo laptop and my internet works just fine when the cable is connected but Wifi does not work It shows that i have excellent signal on the side but it just wont connect When i type with Wifi not cable Laptop works Ethernet but in password it says quot Windows cannot connect to XYZ quot I use Windows and my wireless network adapter is Atheros AR C Users MY gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name MY-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List local lan Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Anchorfree HSS VPN Adapter Physical Address -FF- -D - -DE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address -F -A -FA-B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Laptop works with Ethernet cable but not Wifi Suffix Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address -F -A -FA-B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address C -CB- -FC-E - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix local lan Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address -AE- D-DE- A- B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d af d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday November AM Lease Expires Friday November PM Default Gateway fe ff fe b DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d ab c f ca f fefd Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe c f ca f fefd Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D DE-EF - E -A B -BB A C F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap local lan Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix local lan Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap AAE A - - DAF-AE E- BA B CACF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap CC - - - -EAF D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Here s a screenshot of what it shows nbsp

Relevancy 73.1%

Hi, i have been experiencing BSODs for 3 days not. At first it started when I connected to WiFi, so i switched to ethernet cable. Now it crashes when i am using the ethernet cable as well. I tried searching for solutions but i don't understand much about computers. I have the minidump file but i don't know how to show them here. I tried using driver verifier and now it crashes every 20 minutes without even connecting to the internet. I cant put my computer into safe mode, it reboots even if i press shift +f8 and i cant create recovery disk. Can anyone please help me solve this.

A:BSOD when connecting to wifi and using ethernet cable

At one point during the repeated boots you should get a prompt to try startup/automatic repair.
You can also try forcing a restart when the little spinning dial is at the bottom of boot screen (by holding down the power button)
Select that, and then you can select Safe Mode to boot into.

Try each one of the options here: Safe Mode - Start Windows 8 in
If you still can't get into Safe Mode, you can always boot using your recovery media in order to access Startup Repair.

The very first thing to do in Safe Mode is to disable Driver Verifier
To do this, open up verifier.exe and select "Delete existing settings". Then click on Finish and reboot to let the changes take effect.

To upload the minidump file, zip it up and then upload it using the Attachments tool below the reply box.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/63057-bsod-when-connecting-wifi-using-ethernet-cable.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Regardless of PC, I have 3 win7 pc's. This did not happen until the last few months, but with me dual booting between Linux and Windows, the problem has become evident.

I dual boot linux, and it connects without needing to be unpluged- repluged the ethernet line.

could it be the wireless Netgear router or switch or windows 7?

I use a 5 port gig switch between router and PC's.
WGT-624 v3 (with latest firmware, been using this for years)

TEG - 550g Trendnet switch

A:Windows every boot need to unplug-replug Ethernet cable for internet

Are you given a different IP address from the router on each OS? Might want to make that pc use a static address in your router. Try setting up a DHCP reservation for that machine on it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/362980-windows-every-boot-need-unplug-replug-ethernet-cable-internet.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi A week ago my computer suddenly could not connect to the internet I was using a cable directly connected to the cable modem Since then I ve tried Added a WiFi router connected to the cable modem Tried using the WiFi card built in to the computer It connects but reports quot limited access quot and there is no connection to the internet and I can t access the router itself Bought a new Ethernet card installed the drivers that came with it I ve tried it connected through the WiFi router s hard ports and directly to the modem Hard resets power cycling off minutes on the modem each time and still no Using ethernet Lost Cable modem, connection Internet. to cable. connection In device manager both Ethernet cards show as quot working normally quot with no errors So does the WiFi card ipconfig shows only quot tunneling quot devices with media disconnected Lost connection to Internet. Using Cable modem, ethernet cable. I ve uninstalled and re-installed the drivers for the on-baord Ethernet the WiFi card and the new Ethernet card After reading some other posts I captured the output from ipconfig and several netsh commands I ve attached them to this post The files starting with netsh are basically the command entered with underscores replacing the spaces from the commands used to generate them I also borrowed another computer It connects both directly through the cable modem and using the Ethernet ports on the router It doesn t have WiFi so I couldn t test that method of access It can also connect to and configure the router but I haven t made any changes The router is a NetGear G N Any help will be greatly appreciated Thanks Sloan nbsp

Relevancy 72.24%

Just to start off I am COMPLETELY clueless and have no tech savvy whatsoever so simple language would be appreciated I ve owned this laptop for a little over a year and all this time I ve been able to connect to Wifi without a problem This morning the icon at the bottom left of but Laptop with Ethernet will Wifi, won't cord an to My connect connect the screen told me there was no Internet connection available when I troubleshot it it suggested using the Ethernet cord to connect The Ethernet cord connects them fine and the internet connection becomes available but I m still unable to use the Wifi This is an issue with my laptop because all the other devices My Laptop won't connect to Wifi, but will connect with an Ethernet cord in my house are able to connect to the Wifi and the modem is showing all the appropriate lights and such I ve tried turning it off and on again but alas this once that method has failed I ve also tried resetting the modem and it made no difference Last night I was uninstalling various programs that I didn t need and that s the only thing I ve done differently to my usual computing habits I don t think I removed anything unless I knew what it was but it s possible I accidently removed something important I don t know if that has any relevance or not but it s all I can think of as the reason for this My laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio and the system I use is Windows My modem is Telstra Bigpond Please help D nbsp

A:My Laptop won't connect to Wifi, but will connect with an Ethernet cord

How far from the router are you? I experience the same thing occasionally on my laptop.
I usually have to switch the wifi switch off on the laptop & on then I reboot & I'm back online. My laptop & tower are both about 50' away & on the lower floor where the router is. Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-wont-connect-to-wifi-but-will-connect-with-an-ethernet-cord.197531/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello Without too much information I'm learning how to use network. using Using WIFI between whilst Ethernet Cable devices Beckhoff hardware I have a motor rigged up to a PLC that is programmable via Ethernet using a software called Twincat I'm a hardware person so hooking it up was no problem But I'm venturing out into the world of PLC programming which I'm finding quite new and difficult I use Google YouTube internet services to aid me in learning this The problem is to connect with the PLC my Ethernet port needs to Using Ethernet Cable between devices whilst using WIFI network. be active Whilst connected whilst programming I'd like to connect to the internet via WIFI I've found a multitude of forums with instructions to change the priority of the network connections using metrics and all that but none of the solutions allow me to connect to both Is it really impossible to connect with a device via Ethernet whilst connected to the internet using WIFI I don't know the exact specs for all the different hardware cards on my laptop but its a HP ZBook running windows Much obliged

A:Using Ethernet Cable between devices whilst using WIFI network.

You may need a crossover cable.

How is everything connected ?

A router ? A switch ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/394041-using-ethernet-cable-between-devices-whilst-using-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi there I don't like a load of LAN cables everywhere and quot She who must be LAN devices even (via ETHERNET - Bridge) Wifi Cable for free obeyed quot was complaining about number of boxes gadgets flashing lights etc under the TV so I've moved the two servers out of the way and just have the cable box main router so this I found was a really woman friendly solution for masses of LAN cable etc etc If you have fast Wifi and you have some Ethernet only gear connected away from your Router Cablebox you can use a quot Wireless Bridge quot -- It's possible to quot Hobble quot some old routers via DD-WRT but not all routers do that and you might LAN Cable free - even for ETHERNET devices (via Wifi Bridge) want to use fast wifi connectors Some modern cheap routers now allow quot Wireless Bridging quot too You need to set the second router up as your wireless bridge and then plug the LAN cables from your devices into that router which will connect wirelessly to your network I found this Router actually very good -- also works on new ac protocol up to Mbs in the GHZ band so plenty for your server streaming devices IPlugged the NAS'es Ethernet connectors into the lan connects on the quot Bridge Router quot -- works fine This one was EUR inc Tax Edimax BR- AC Wi-Fi Ethernet LAN Dual-band Router - Grey It does work as WIFI Bridge -- you have to LAN Cable free - even for ETHERNET devices (via Wifi Bridge) ensure your router can do that function if you buy LAN Cable free - even for ETHERNET devices (via Wifi Bridge) a new router If you have fast wifi and want to get rid of LAN cables and move boxes like NAS boxes into spare closets etc out of the way then IMO this is the way to go Smart TV's Chromecast etc etc can all be controlled via smart phones too - avoiding a quot Handset jungle quot as well I had to go down this route as she absolutely put her foot down with one single more wire or quot box quot being installed near the main TV Cheers jimbo

A:LAN Cable free - even for ETHERNET devices (via Wifi Bridge)

We hooked a powerline 1200 with gigabit ports up to our tv and it does the job nicely. It lives behind the tv and therefore is out of site. My NAS is also powerlined 1200 connected.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/43717-lan-cable-free-even-ethernet-devices-via-wifi-bridge.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi All I have Windows Vista home premium I moved from Chicago to Boston Before I left Chicago I tried removing kaspersky internet security as my laptop used to heat up and shut down often you can hear the voice from laptop when more process are running and it shut s down While uninstalling kaspersky the laptop shutdown half way I moved to Boston I tried connecting to wireless it does not work It shows connected excellent signal strength but bytes received Wireless works fine for other room mates on their laptops If works, not cable does wifi Solved: work ethernet I try connecting from cable internet works fine Pasting the ipconfig all results Windows IP Configuration Host Name compaq-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd ma comcast net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ma comcast net Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - F-E -BB- A- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d bd ea f ae Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday Solved: ethernet cable works, wifi does not work October AM Lease Expires Saturday November AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -DE-FB- - - E-EC- E-DA- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ma comcast net Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address - E-EC- E-DA- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Solved: ethernet cable works, wifi does not work Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E CF- F- D - FDE-F EC B DEA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ma comcast net Description isatap hsd ma comcast net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Pls help I also attached the pic of wifi inspector Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: ethernet cable works, wifi does not work

The following was put together mostly by etaf with a little help from me.

Atheros Wireless Adapter - AR5007EG & AR5007
Over the last four or so years we have been seeing a lot of problems with the above adapters, mainly concerning WPA and WPA2 encryption and mainly on windows Vista.
We have seen just a couple of issues on other windows operating system, windows XP and windows 7.

Windows XP:- A driver update has resolved the issue
Windows 7 :- No conclusive results for a fix

The wireless adapter gets an IP configuration, and shows as connected, but communication is non-existent or sporadic.

Log into the Router and disable the wireless security and see if you are now able to connect to the internet and surf OK.
Please post back a reply here, and let us know if that works or does not work.

Here are a number of possible solutions

--- 1) In Device Manager right click on the wireless adapter and "update driver."

--- 2) Download and install the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site support section,

--- 3) On one occasion re-setting the router back to factory default and re-configuring the router settings has resolved the issue

--- 4) The majority of members, have now used the drivers from the atheros driver site, which has resolved the issue.
- see below for direct links for windows vista and the link for all Atheros adapters and supported operating systems
AR5007
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007 and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started
AR5007EG
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007EG and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started
Drivers for the other windows operating system
http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-drivers.php
You need to look down the page for your particular adapter model and then look across the columns to find your windows version.
Now click on the blue tick mark in the column under your windows version.
This will open another page for that particular adapter and that windows version.

Now click on the download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

Assuming that after all the above the wireless still does not connect to the internet, all I can suggest is to use wireless security of WEP or to get an external USB wireless card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-ethernet-cable-works-wifi-does-not-work.1111550/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hey guys,

I have a Sony Vaio VPCEH15EN laptop & the OS is Windows 7 home basic. I have a wifi router which is of TPLINK.

The wifi won't connect to my laptop but it works fine on my mobile..it would only start working when I use the ethernet cable. I never had this problem before. I have tried everything ..I also tried the winsockfix.bat but all my efforts have gone in vain..I just don't know if the wifi router is faulty or the modem of my ISP...Please help me solve this problem.

Best Regards,
Om

A:Wifi on my laptop won't work but works when I use the ethernet cable

I have solved the problem by myself. To do this, first you have to disconnect your Ethernet cable from your laptop and follow the steps: Start>Control Panel>Network and Sharing Center>Manage Wireless Networks and remove all wireless connections by right click on it and select Remove network from the drop down menu. After doing this, close the windows and scan for the Wi-Fi networks. Click on the available network and select connect. After a while, you will be asked to give a password for your Wi-Fi connection. Type the password and click on connect button. And now will be connected to your Wi-Fi network via wireless.

May be it will help you.
Regards
MD. MAHMUDUL HASAN

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-on-my-laptop-wont-work-but-works-when-i-use-the-ethernet-cable.200754/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi! I don't know much about this place but there's a problem with my laptop and I don't know how to solve it. My laptop won't connect to the wifi anymore but it works perfectly fine with the ethernet cable. I appreciate it very much if you tech geniuses could help me out. THANK YOU!

A:My WiFi on my laptop won't work but works with Ethernet cable

Are there any yellow (!) in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-wifi-on-my-laptop-wont-work-but-works-with-ethernet-cable.206652/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello folks,

This is not exactly Windows 10 issue but a networking issue that I need some help with.

I am in a situation, where I need to use ethernet cable connection but there is no physical ethernet port to connect to, but there is ample wifi. I have this pocket router, Amazon.com: TP-LINK TL-WR702N Wireless N150 Travel Router, Nano Size, Router/AP/Client/Bridge/Repeater Modes, Up to 150Mbps, USB Powered: Computers Accessories which I think can be used for this purpose. I just want to confirm, it is indeed possible.

Many thanks in advance.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/51622-connecting-wifi-physical-router-ethernet-cable-use.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I recently reinstalled windows and on a new hard drive and now it says my ethernet controller needs to be update. Without it i cannot use the internet without connecting to wifi, how do i update it?

A:Cannot Connect Using Ethernet Cable

Desktop or laptop ?

I`ll assume it`s a laptop, you have to download your wireless drivers from your pc manufacturers website, from another pc. Download them to a usb drive then install on your pc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/260479-cannot-connect-using-ethernet-cable.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I just recovered my computer to factory settings. Now, can't connect to internet. I have Vista Home Premium, no service packs (can't get on the 'net to download them!) I have no ip address when I do the ipconfig. Device Manager has no issues. It says Network Adapter is NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller. It is working properly. Newest driver. What is next? Thanks

A:Can't connect w/ ethernet cable

goto devise manager and make sure you have no yellow "?" or red"x" if you do then you need to install the drivers

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-connect-w-ethernet-cable-497324.html
Relevancy 72.24%

This used to be a simple network trick -> connect two Windows PCs using network cable, go into adapter settings -> IPv4 -> set one IP to 10.0.0.1 and the other 10.0.0.2, then you can easily see the other computer and copy/move files.

Not when I upgraded one PC to Windows 10 (can't upgrade the other one yet, as it's work machine). Tried the above, can't see the other Windows. Symptoms include:
- Windows 10 PC adapter status shows a lot of incoming traffic but outgoing traffic stays 0 bytes.
- tried to edit group policy for default location for unidentified network (which is the case on both PCs) to be Private so I could share files
- For "Private" networks, the network discovery is set to ON.

Any ideas?

A:Can't connect two PCs using Ethernet cable any more - Win 10 & Win 7

You cannot connect two computers together using a normal network cable. Normal network cables are wired so that they are straight pass through. You need what's called a crossover cable, as these connect the transmit from one computer to the receive on the other.

These cables are fairly hard to find, so it's usually much easier to simply get a cheap network switch.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/11093-cant-connect-two-pcs-using-ethernet-cable-any-more-win-10-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 72.24%

hi i have a Windows xp PC and a Laptop I want to connect Cable by Connect pc's 2 XP Ethernet them so that i can see all the files and folders of one on other Now below are pics of my modem and my cable please tell me what type of modem is it ADSL or xDSL and the cable is connector cable or Ethernet cable or crossover cable using the cable shown joined it from PC to My Windows Vista Laptop and ran a preinstalled program is Vista to connect computers This program succesfully connected the pcs it transfered files but Main problem with this is this program shows the contents of Host PC which is OLD PC 's contents only and offers them to be transferred But i want sharing like i see in my college PCs through network neighbourhood i saw all pcs and just double clicked on any system and whoa i saw all its partitions NOTE USING ubuntu Live CD on one laptop i was able to quot see quot the other xp pc's partitons and printers but when clicked on them it asked me username and password I didnt know what these were and even on giving xp's useraccounts and passwords the user and password dialog continued popping up I couldnt see anything beyond partitions hence Now tell me how can i do same thing with both XP systems I have joined this cable see picture pc to pc But now what can anybody tell me how to proceed and start sharing files as explained in Any third party softwares who can do this work efficently are welcome Frankly i dont have any idea of networking and all but as a Electronics engineering student i want some Please tell my any good books ebooks links if you know that help me in expanding my little or zero knowlegde Thanks

A:Connect 2 XP pc's by Ethernet Cable

See how much this helps . . http://www.homenethelp.com/web/howto/net.asp

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/connect-2-xp-pcs-by-ethernet-cable-269021.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Time Warner just came out on Saturday to install cable internet (Road Runner). However, he couldn't get it to connect through the ethernet, it will only get online from the USB.

The whole problem is that when I click on Repair (I have XP) it says that it cannot renew my IP address. I thought the problem might be on my end, so I bought a new NIC. No change.

Then time warner gave me a new modem, and the problem still persists.

I've already run the ipconfig /release junk, and it changed nothing.

Before I moved into this new apartment, I was using T1 cable from the old apartment, so I know my ethernet slot works as well as the cords and such.

What is going on?? I'm so confused, and I'd like my internet to go thru the ethernet so that I can get Vonage phone service.

Any help would be great! :giddy:

A:Cable modem won't connect thru ethernet

hi i have one sugestion, that you probibly did alredy but its worth a chack, make shore t that you have no firewalls on including the windows firewall, post back if the probiem contunios

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cable-modem-wont-connect-thru-ethernet.26116/
Relevancy 71.38%

I have a similar problem to the attached link:
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista-7/813381-solved-brand-new-vaio-will.html
I travel a lot and many hotels only offer wired internet.

My sony Vaio VGN TZ250n (vista home) requires the ethernet cable box to be depowered and repowered to connect via the ethernet cable. After I reset the ethernet box, I can connect to the internet. But, if the room does not have a power cord for the ethernet cable, then I'm unable to connect.

In the attached link - the member said he "turned off a plethora of useless services that were set to auto".

What services can I turn off that may help me to connect?

thanks in advance-

Relevancy 71.38%

How do I setup a direct connection between my laptop running Win2000 and my pc running XP. I don't want to use a router, I just want a direct connection using a ethernet crossover cable. I can't seem to find any step by step guides on how to do this. Hope someone can help.

Relevancy 71.38%

Is it possible to use an Ethernet cable to connect two laptops together for the purpose of playing LAN games?
I have an Acer Aspire 1640Z amd my friend has an Acer Aspire 1640. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jason Crenshaw

A:Connect Two Laptops on a LAN via Ethernet cable

Yes, but you need a crossover cable, or you need to use a hub/switch/router with two cables.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connect-two-laptops-on-a-lan-via-ethernet-cable.645819/
Relevancy 71.38%

i want to transfer files, remote desktop, lan gaming....actualy lan gaming works fine without doing anything just connecting the cable

but how do i transfer files and remote desktop....what software do i need??????

note:
pc1 windows 7
pc2 windows xp

A:how to connect 2 pc with direct ethernet cable

Easy Transfer.

Are they connected to a router or switch ? Do you have a homegroup setup.

You should be able to see each pc from the other and pull off each, whatever you want.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/260458-how-connect-2-pc-direct-ethernet-cable.html
Relevancy 71.38%

can anyone please help me find my default gateway for my ethernet cable from xbox 360 to my desktop pc (xp) im confused because when i go on command pormt and type ipconfig /all it shows this :

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

D:\Documents and Settings\ted>ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : samwise
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-16-17-CE-73-A0
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration IP Address. . . : 169.254.44.61
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

PPP adapter Wanadoo Broadband:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : WAN (PPP/SLIP) Interface
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-53-45-00-00-00
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 81.79.249.152
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.255
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 81.79.249.152
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 195.92.195.90

D:\Documents and Settings\ted>

but it has no default gateway for my ethernet adapter

please help.

A:connect xbox360 via ethernet cable

I always thought you needed a cossover cable to succesfully do that. Im thinking of the first xbox though

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/connect-xbox360-via-ethernet-cable-326229.html
Relevancy 71.38%

We have 2 laptops. Both can connect via wireless fine, but only one can connect using the Ethernet cable. When plugged into the laptop which doesn't work I get the computer with a yellow "exclamation mark" triangle, which says no internet access. The working laptop is using Vista and mine, the none working, uses Windows 7.

I'd be happy to use Skype or TV to sort out the problem.

Joe.

A:One laptop can connect via Ethernet cable but the other one cannot?

Joet, welcome to Sevenforums

This sounds like a driver issue. Can you give me the full name of your laptop so I might direct you where to find the right driver? If you are able to do this on your own, feel free.

It is a LAN driver you would be looking for, and not the wireless LAN.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/245775-one-laptop-can-connect-via-ethernet-cable-but-other-one-cannot.html