Windows Support Forum

Dell Inspiron 9100 laptop - video tracing - characters change at random

Q: Dell Inspiron 9100 laptop - video tracing - characters change at random

I have not been one to ask for help to get my PC out of trouble and I am new to this forum I have built a handful or two of PC s over the years I have a Dell Inspiron laptop which started Dell change Inspiron 9100 laptop video random characters - - tracing at having random video issues such as video traces and random pixel change then I noticed random characters flickering or appearing on the text in my BIOS even with my harddrive removed I am not completely familiar with character mapping and if this could be a VIDEO CARD issue but I suspected it was a BIOS VIRUS SInce I could not flash the BIOS without Dell Inspiron 9100 laptop - video tracing - characters change at random having Power connected AND a good battery in the unit I shelled out bucks to buy a new battery I flashed the BIOS to the latest ver but I am still having the same problem I have seen video failures before but not like this I performed a bootscan with Dell Inspiron 9100 laptop - video tracing - characters change at random AVAST afterwords but no dice As far as I know the only hardware quot virus s can effect quot are the HD and BIOS Once again while I am looking at a page in the BIOS I see letters being replaced by other characters and the longer I am on that page it becomes unreadable Sounds like a Virus to me OR could it just be I need to replace the VIDEO card Dell Inspiron laptop Mb ATI Mobility Radeon Windows XP and THANKS FOR ANY HELP xxxx nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Dell Inspiron 9100 laptop - video tracing - characters change at random

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Dell Inspiron 9100 laptop - video tracing - characters change at random

Welcome to TechSpot! Your thread is better suited to the Windows OS or Hardware forum, so I m going to ask the moderator to move it. I hope you subscribed to the thread because we don't email the reply.

If I had to give you a quick answer, I's suggest replacing the video card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-9100-laptop-video-tracing-characters-change-at-random.162078/
Relevancy 98.04%

Hello i have a inspiron 9100 laptop that thinks it has 266mhz memory, no matter which memory you give it!

It stops booting and tells you to install 333 or 400mhz memory and to hit f1 to shutdown.

I tried fooling it by removing the bios battery and turning it on, well now it tells you the time is off and when you go there and correct the time it goes ahead and boots just fine.
Turn it off and backon then it remembers that it thinks it has 266ddr and to hit f1 to shutdown.

I tried updating the bios flash but it gives me an error message saying that it doesnt support this hardware..

I have several 9100 mbs....can i remove a chip and reinstall on this one and maybe fix it????

Thanks

A:Dell Inspiron 9100 laptop, which is bios chip?

Not likely. The BIOS chip is soldered in... and doesn't really seem to be the problem anyway.
I would remove one memory module, and see what it does with the other, then reverse the memory modules... as it very likely could be a failed memory module, or one improperly inserted.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-9100-laptop-which-is-bios-chip.141191/
Relevancy 98.04%

Hi As laptop dell i'm but Hi, to looking a to inspiron 9100 ram upgrade to I'm 2gb clueless the title says really i m not much of a tech guy as such i have a dell inspiron laptop and it currently has a pathetic mb ram in it I am looking to upgrade it to the maximum it can handle a slightly less pathetic gb ram I m wary of buying gb of ram and then Hi, I'm looking to upgrade to a dell inspiron 9100 laptop to 2gb ram but i'm clueless install it only for it to not boot because it s the wrong type or something I ran the Crucial Memory Tool and it came up with the following specs Maximum Memory Capacity Hi, I'm looking to upgrade to a dell inspiron 9100 laptop to 2gb ram but i'm clueless MB Currently Installed Memory MB Available Memory Slots Total Memory Slots Dual Channel Support Yes CPU Manufacturer GenuineIntel CPU Family Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Model Stepping CPU Speed MHz I ve got my eye on this memory from ebay http cgi ebay co uk ws eBayISAPI dll ViewItem amp item amp ssPageName STRK MEWAX IT Would my laptop run this memory Thanks for any help you guys might be able to give me nbsp

A:Hi, I'm looking to upgrade to a dell inspiron 9100 laptop to 2gb ram but i'm clueless

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hi-im-looking-to-upgrade-to-a-dell-inspiron-9100-laptop-to-2gb-ram-but-im-clueless.894685/
Relevancy 84.28%

Ok so im helping my dad fix his laptop beacuse today he dropped it and it hit our fireplace. So anyway it works fine in safe mode but it wont go in to windows. The laptop got hit in the back were the video card external ports are. I uninstalled the device in safe mode and it worked because i got into windows. But as soon as i tried changing the display settings the screen went black again and wouldnt go into windows. Any help?

A:Dell Inspiron 9100 problems

Ouch! You said that you uninstalled the device in safe mode. Then what did you do?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-inspiron-9100-problems.457634/
Relevancy 84.28%

hi, i am lost on how to by-pass my dell bios, i have erased all my hard drive as i was going to set up for grand kids- in the process i locked myself out

have tried about everything i can find

any help thanks in advance

A:Dell inspiron 9100 bios

read the FAQs in the mobile computing forum

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-9100-bios.97596/
Relevancy 84.28%

I bought crysis 2 yesterday, it runs but very laggy. I was wondering if I could change my video card on my laptop so it can run better. All the places Ive checked say it might be on the motherboard, so I would have to purchase a new motherboard with a better graphics card. Unfortunately I just got my laptop 3 months ago and I rather just keep it the same. Please someone help me and tell me if i can replace the video card without changing anything else, I also decided to change my ram to 8 rather than keep my 4.

Cpu - dell inspiron N7110
Processor - Intel Core i5 2410 @ 2.30 ghz

A:dell inspiron 17r 2nd gen video card change?

You can't change/upgrade the video adapter on a laptop.

Unless you are running a 64-bit version of Windows, increasing the RAM from 4GB to 8GB will serve no useful purpose because 32-bit Windows cannot address more than 4GB (3.25GB to be exact). So unless you intend to upgrade your OS to 64-bit, you've just wasted your money on RAM that won't be doing anything.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-inspiron-17r-2nd-gen-video-card-change.1011735/
Relevancy 83.42%

I have a dell inspiron 9100 with windows xp home and i was having this problem with my screen being blank when i booted it, you could hear the hard drive making noises but the screen was blank. The screen would eventually come on after waiting a while and rebooting a few times. Now the screen will not turn on at all, i've checked the lid close button and that isnt stuck. My only thoughts are that its the video card, but im just hoping it isnt. If anyone has any thoughts let me know.

A:Dell Inspiron 9100 screen blank

if this is some kind of malware issue combinate with hardware
why don't you try a fresh clean instalation of windows?

then if the problem persist, the problem will be on the screen alone
the next step will be open your laptop and make sure the connectors
are right connected.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-9100-screen-blank.112894/
Relevancy 83.42%

Hey everyone,

I've an issue with my Inspiron 9100... I opened up the case earlier today to swap out some RAM (I made sure the power was off and everything), only to find that when I tried to turn it on, it wouldn't. When I replug my computer back in, it turns on for a couple of seconds then dies again.

I'm sure that the power outlet is working. It isn't an issue with the power cord, either. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Relevancy 83.42%

Hello.

In the front of my Dell Insprion 9100 series laptop, there is an infared port. Is it possible to use a universal remote control, like you would use on your tv, with this port?

I know that you can purchase remote controls for a computer and they come with a USB receiver but I was just wondering if this port could be used with a remote control.

Thank you.
Robert2513

A:Remote Control on Dell Inspiron 9100

LOL, guess I should learn to spell check before submitting. Thats suppose to be infrared port.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remote-control-on-dell-inspiron-9100.283578/
Relevancy 82.56%

A friend of mines hard drive in his Dell Inspiron 9100 has a bad sector in the boot area. So I figured I'd remove the drive and install it into a removable 2.5" hard drive case, and rip to a drive on to my PC to save the data. Apparently Dell has Seagate make their own proprietary drives which don't have the standard 2 rows of pins. It has one row of pins which are much wider, sort of what a flash card looks like.

Is there any sort or reader/adapter I can get that reads this sort of drive?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

A:Dell Inspiron 9100 Hard Drive Crash

For adapters, try http://www.rogerssystems.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-inspiron-9100-hard-drive-crash.613992/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hello. I hope all is well.
I have a Dell Inspiron 9100 that I think is finally ready for the scrap yard.
Even though I backed up the data, my 9100 system still has some old files that didn't carry over with the back-up. For instance, my Outlook Express archived old emails, somehow,and now I need access to a message I receive pre-archive. It isn't in the back-up data. So, I need a way to search my old system, within the files, to find the email.

Unfortunately, that system does not provide, from what I can tell, an option to search within the file contents. So, I need to figure it out.

The only computer search option I can find is the integrated Windows Search by file name or folder.

This is important so please respond as soon as possible.

-Gary Pick
410-292-6323

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/search-my-system-dell-inspiron-9100-running-xp-home-edition-282065.html
Relevancy 80.84%

hi everyone!!
i have a Dell Inspiron 9100 with a ATI mobility radeon 9700 graphics card. if i try installing the latest drivers for the mobility 9700 downloaded from the ATI site the driver does not recognize the graphics card. for the same reason i am not able to install the ATI Catalyst either. Am stuck with the age old driver provided on the Dell Support site. please help.

A:Latest drivers for ATI Mobility Radeon installed on Dell Inspiron 9100

Download the one at the Dell site found by using your Service Tag. It works fine. If you do not like what it is doing, tell us what it is doing incorrectly. Dell updates that site whenever there is a better driver. Windows Update then updates it accordingly. You will not beat that at the ATI site because they supply the one to Microsoft for use in Windows updates. There are some proprietary features in a lot of the graphics cards used by Dell and other manufacturers that render them not equal to the retail ATI video graphics.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/latest-drivers-for-ati-mobility-radeon-installed-on-dell-inspiron-9100.105613/
Relevancy 79.98%

My DVD no longer burns properly, and the audio when I play CD's or DVD's is all messed up. How do I find a replacement DVD/CD drive and can I install it myself? I have already installed additonal memory on an old desktop and also an ethernet port, so I am somewhat skilled. Meaning I can open up a computer and follow instructions. I just thought a laptop might be a little more tricky since everything is so compact. I went to Dell's site and only refurbished CD/DVD drives come up for my particular model.

A:Solved: Want to change the DVD/CD drive on my laptop Dell Inspiron E1405

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-want-to-change-the-dvd-cd-drive-on-my-laptop-dell-inspiron-e1405.801142/
Relevancy 79.12%

Over the last 2 days I have been having a problem as indicated in the title of this post. The fault has rectified itself 3 times, but again today, it is back to "battery plugged in, not charging." As I am running the laptop (Windows Vista Home Premium; 32 bit) on the adapter without problems, I assume that the adapter itself may not be faulty.
I also have a Dell Inspiron 630M laptop running Windows 7.  Can I safely use that adapter with the Vista laptop, without causing damage to the Vista ?  If it is safe to do so, and the battery on the Vista starts charging, then it would indicate that the Vista adapter/charger has some kind of fault.
Hoping someone can give me some guidance. Thanks.

A:Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop. Battery plugged in not charging. Can I use adapter from a Dell Inspiron 630M laptop ?

If the adapter has the same plug and the same or higher power rating, you can swap them.
Check to see whether the 1545 recognizes the AC adapter or whether it shows unknown (F2 at powerup).  If it shows unknown with two different adapters, you have a bad power jack or a bad mainboard.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994907
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi,
I play games like Everquest and Battlefield Vietnam. I wanted to upgrade my videocard but I am not sure whether or not that is possible. I have a Dell Inspiron 5150 with an Nvidia GeForce 5200, and I would greatly like to upgrade it. I was thinking ATI radeon 700x or something? But again, I'm not sure if that is possible.
Thanks

A:Laptop Video cards Dell Inspiron 5150

Most laptops do not have replaceable video cards (they use a version of on-board video).

Some Dell models do have a separate card, but its very proprietary, not anything like a standard card. You would need to check with Dell.

I suspect that your chance is about zero of upgrading a laptop video though.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-video-cards-dell-inspiron-5150.295731/
Relevancy 76.54%

This system is quite old So I am just refurbishing it and selling it at cost to someone who needs it Here are the specs Win k Pro SP Dell on Problems with laptop and audio video a Dell 7500 Inspiron Inspiron Problems with audio and video on a Dell Inspiron 7500 laptop MB RAM maxed out X Mhz CPU DirectX Not sure if this video card is compatible with c Video MB ATI RAGE Mobility P M AGP X A Flash Player for the browser Win k had all Problems with audio and video on a Dell Inspiron 7500 laptop of the drivers so I didn t bother downloading any from Dell At least not until I had it up and running and tested the video with YouTube The video drivers are fine on the Problems with audio and video on a Dell Inspiron 7500 laptop computer except on YouTube Actually I can t say that as I have not tried playing any other video on this system yet When I play any video on YouTube it does one of the following Doesn t play just see the thumbnail image Shows just a black screen Shows the top half OK but the bottom half looks like all of the color was smudged Shows the thumbnail image normally but doesn t play the video Then that image jumps in to the upper left corner of the video screen and becomes an even smaller image Then it switches back to showing the thumbnail image normally again This system is clean in case you re wondering about spyware or viruses It seems like it has something to do with either the video drivers the video card which is definitely lacking the fact that there was no chipset drivers to install or because it only has DirectX The other problem I m having is that the audio drivers installed fine again they came Win k SP slipstreamed and they show up as installed in Device Manager but nothing comes through the speakers nor does anything come out via the headsphones plugged into the headphone jack I checked all of the volumes iTunes volume system volume all options etc but to no avail Suggestions nbsp

A:Problems with audio and video on a Dell Inspiron 7500 laptop

dell has a very easy site to navigate to find the drivers,
you can start HERE:
DELL
http://support.dell.com/support/top...d=DAD1AFE6F90145549F7AA300E6671E47&l=en&s=gen
Technical Support
What is a Service Tag and How Do I Locate It?
then input the info here:
Search Dell
http://search.dell.com/index.aspx?s=gen&l=en&c=us

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-audio-and-video-on-a-dell-inspiron-7500-laptop.813390/
Relevancy 74.39%

I would like help installing new Hitachi 100gb harddrive in Dell 9100 laptop and I would perfer to start new. I Have an ez upgrade kit from Apricorn but would rather reinstall all the software and settings that I need.

Relevancy 68.8%

Aaaaand my recent hellish computer problems continue ugh Ok so my Help: Video Random Green/Blue lines, characters... Problems: text, new bfg nforce mobo is installed in my comp I Help: Video Problems: Green/Blue lines, Random text, characters... formated my partition and reinstalled xp But I m getting intermitent graphic issues When I first boot up Help: Video Problems: Green/Blue lines, Random text, characters... I get Short horizontal green lines running in vertical rows up and down the screen Plus most dashes in my text with the occasional number or letter and space Then windows starts and I get blue cuts horizontally across the screen This doesn t happen ALL the time It seems to occur when I install new software that is related to video I installed a new game demo and it happend It also happend when I installed the video drivers and a few other programs It seems to be fixed when I pull out the video card and put it back in Oh and after I installed the most recent program that caused this I was getting a no keyboard error for the first few reboots I have absolutely zero idea what this could be The video card is new from BFG who sent it to me back when I thought my bad mobo was caused by my video card Anyone have any suggestions on this I could really use help on this one My current setup is MOBO BFG nForce Ultra ATX Socket Motherboard for AMD Athlon Athlon FX VIDEO CARD VGA BFG GT MB DVI TV RT PROCESSOR AMD Athlon Venice GHz FSB Socket Processor Model ADA BPBOX RAM gigaram MB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Unbuffered System Memory Model GR - MB SA - Retail Power Supply Thermaltake Silent PurePower TT- AD DUAL FAN ATX W Power Supply HDs Western Digital Caviar SE WD JD GB RPM Serial ATA Hard Drive WinXP nbsp

A:Help: Video Problems: Green/Blue lines, Random text, characters...

An update:

I checked my Device Manager and I've got a nice little "!" that says "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" Dunno what the means exactly in relation to my problem, though maybe someone else does?

Another thing...I installed an old PCI card and the comp booted up fine no problems at all. But the card I'm trying to get to work is a PCI-E card so even though it sounds like it could be the card it could still also be something else right? I just recently RMA'd the video card even though it didn't need it (long story: my mobo was the problem, which is why I got a new one) and it took them over two months and 3 cards before they were able to mail me back the right formatted card, so I loath to send this one in again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-video-problems-green-blue-lines-random-text-characters.450684/
Relevancy 65.79%

plz help. i tried already asset.com, svctag.exe, and the bootable cd from paragoon. help!!!!!!!!!!!

A:need to change Dell service tag on inspiron 1000

what do you mean change it ?do you mean you bought it used and need to change the dell records ?if so call dell at 1800-624-9896 or support.dell.com

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-to-change-dell-service-tag-on-inspiron-1000.58365/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hey, im having some issues. I have a DELL inspiron 5100 laptop and i just recently removed a virus that almost destroyed my hard drive, I got it to work fine but after a few days of use it started to freeze up on the DELL loading screen on the start up, i accidently pressed the F12 key and it took me to a screen with different ways to start up XP, like through the Hard drive or a disk.
i selected to run offthe hard drive and it froze up any help?

thanks

A:[SOLVED] Dell inspiron 1500 laptop freezes after DELL loading screen

hi, after you hit F12 did you see the diagnostics program at all? Ordinarily I would say It may be worthwhile running a scan on the hard drive if you can. But, I see you removed a virus, can you tell me if it was with the help of the antimalware section on this forum? or did you just remove it yourself? I need to know if you are absolutely sure you removed all traces of the virus - if you had the help of a forum they would have given you the "all clear". Have you tried starting in safe mode at all?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-dell-inspiron-1500-laptop-freezes-after-dell-loading-screen-506230.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 laptop and have recently done updates from Dell but since then now when I turn the laptop on its running extremely slow and nothing seems to load up.  I'm on Windows 10
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U Processor,
Inspiron 15 5000 Series

Could anyone offer any advise?

Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19981351
Relevancy 65.79%

Is there a way to fix this issue I re installed it dell quick set, and the icon stays till I shut down the computer or restart it then its no more I want this to stay I did the msconfig already, and its not on there and how would I work around this to keep it staying on permanently? 

A:Dell Inspiron 1750 laptop Dell Quick Set icon goes away after start up

Where are you placing this icon?

How are you creating the icon?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/574464/dell-inspiron-1750-laptop-dell-quick-set-icon-goes-away-after-start-up/
Relevancy 65.79%

My home desktop is connected to a wireless router through AT&T U-verse and it's broadcasting just fine. I can see the name and everything when I try and connect on my laptop but there is always an error that brings me to a troubleshooting screen. I've made sure the password is correct by going to Start-Run, IPCONFIG and then typing my IP address into the address bar in my browser. I dont know what else I can do, I feel like I've tried everything! Help please.

A:Laptop (Win7 Dell Inspiron 1525) won't connect to desktop (XP Dell) wireless router

Sometimes, you need to replace the router.
Sometimes, you can call your service provider and ask them to take a look on line to see if the subscription needs to be refreshed.
But often, all that is needed (despite the fact that it is a lot of work) is to uninstall your existing system, then reboot, and reinstall everything.
You might also find success by looking at your device manager in Windows to see if you have any grey, red, or yellow flags by any related device. That may show you have a permanent hardware failure if you cannot restore it, then you are off to the store or your provider for a new cable modem or router.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-win7-dell-inspiron-1525-wont-connect-to-desktop-xp-dell-wireless-router.149377/
Relevancy 65.36%

i need to change the service tag on a dell inspiron 1000. i already tried svctag.exe asset.com and that bootable cd thats from paragoon. help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A:need a utility to change dell service tag on inspiron 1000

Hi

What happens when you run the software .?

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-a-utility-to-change-dell-service-tag-on-inspiron-1000.58364/
Relevancy 65.36%

As the subject title states, is it possible? I've seen articles on how to do it for other models, but I don't have enough money to purchase the 6000 model with a ATI graphics card. I would like to eventually play FFXI on it after I save up enough for a new card, if I can in fact upgrade it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/possbile-to-change-vg-card-in-dell-inspiron-6000.22143/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi,
I seem to be having a problem where I can't change the volume on my Inspiron One 2350. This is when I am on my PS4 via a HDMI input. I am able to change the brightness perfectly fine but when it comes to volume, I am not able to change the level of volume at all. I have tried to completely shut down my computer and PS4 all together and start it up, and sometimes that would work or it won't.
This has been occurring for the last 2 months, I am hoping that there is a fix to this. There is a video below to show you what I am trying to show you. Hopefully this makes things more clearer.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3513/t/19991683
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi there. Got myself an Inspiron 9100 with a P4 3.2GHz processor. I was wondering, is there a way to lower the voltage and clock speed of the processor when the computer is unplugged, kinda like SpeedStep does for the Intel M processors? Trying to same on some of the battery life. I am running a dual boot system between Windows XP and Ubuntu Linux.

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 64.5%

Hello,

When ever I wake up my laptop from sleep by opening up the lid then pressing the power button it sometimes restart itself instead on showing the lock screen. I want to if there's a to fix this problem.  I have Windows 8.1. 

A:Dell Inspiron 15r 5537 sleep-wake problem/Change

I have solved my laptop wakeup problem!! DELL 5737 17R
I'll try to explain what's happened.
After upgrading to Win8.1, windows update try to update the Inter HD Graphics driver preinstalled into dell systems. This video driver is *CRUCIAL* for suspend/Hibernate/LidClose mode to operate properly.
This is the signature of the update Win8.1 suggest to apply:
[x] - Intel Corporation - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3 - Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
*** DO NOT APPLY THIS UPDATE *** !!!
If you do, this will conflict with AMD graphic adapter and result into nasty problems, including:
* Unable to restore from black screen if you close lid then reopen* Unable to properly hibernate* Unable to restore from LCD monitor switchoff for powersave
IF you see DELL site support, you can notice that the LATEST Intel HD video available is OLDER than the liveupdate installed (from microsoft).
Solution:
1. Remove/Uninstall all the AMD stuffs2. Reboot3. Remove the Intel HD Video driver and reinstall the older driver from DELL site4. Reboot (disconnect lan/network... *IMPORTANT*)5. Disable automatic LiveUpdate6. Reattach LAN/network7. Look for available update package, hide "Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1 xxxx"
You want now, after a final reboot, to say NO, NO, THANKS, to LiveUpdate of Intel Video Driver.
You have now a dell with working sleep/hibernate mode.When i close lid than reopen it, finally the LCD switch back on.Dont allow liveupdate to install that nasty update again.
Of course, the AMD accelerated graphics wont work, because all AMD drivers are now missing.I dont really care for now, i will try to reinstall AMD/Catalyst *ONLY* when a newer release will come up from DELL support site. They are stuck at 2013 drivers, these are pretty old, and i am scared they can cause other problems with Win8.1 too.
Please DELL, give us a better experience, not let us to waste all the time trying to fix your buggy drivers!
Hope this helps anyone,
Paolo Marani, Italy

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19538482
Relevancy 64.5%

I recently April bought a Dell Inspiron computer boot using 8? I do How 15 Inspiron in Windows change the Dell order sequence a GB of Ram and GB hard drive with Windows installed I have created a backup image of the OS and also burned a bootable disk so that I can reinstall Windows at a future date My old computer which uses Win XP permits me to change the boot order sequence by How do I change the boot order sequence in a Dell Inspiron 15 using Windows 8? using the f key during the startup process to access the BIOS and then edit the boot order sequence so that the machine boots from a DVD or USB drive This makes it possible to restore a backup image from a previous date or even to use a different OS e g Linux My problem is that the f key does not work on the new machine and I do not know how to create a boot order sequence that will permit me to boot from a DVD or USB drive instead of the hard drive So at this point I cannot use the bootable recovery disk that I How do I change the boot order sequence in a Dell Inspiron 15 using Windows 8? prepared I understand that there is now UEFI technology that controls booting Question How can I make make the new computer boot from a DVD or USB drive Thanks in advance Regards Thoughtful Skeptic

A:How do I change the boot order sequence in a Dell Inspiron 15 using Windows 8?

Immediately after pressing the power button start tapping the f2 key until the BIOS opens.

Be sure to change the BIOS to Legacy, then change the boot order to what you need.

Press f10 to save the changes, you may be asked to press Y to confirm your choice, the exit the BIOS.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/533375/how-do-i-change-the-boot-order-sequence-in-a-dell-inspiron-15-using-windows-8/
Relevancy 64.5%

Is there any way to change the colour of the led which glows white when charging and orange when battery low?

A:Change color of LED charging light in Dell Inspiron 15 7548

If you solder in a new LED, possibly.  Short of that, no.  Doing so will void your warranty if that's a consideration.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988028
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi All I have a new Dell Inspiron that will random blue screen or crash throughout the day No rhyme or reason This is a fresh install of Windows Pro on a Samsung Pro SSD Here's What I tried - Updated drivers Either from Dell or Intel websites - Updated Reinstall of DirectX - Installed Samsung SSD Magician to apply SSD settings to Windows - Updated BIOS - Disabled New BSOD Dell Inspiron Random 7737 On sleep and hibernate - Set Windows Driver Framework service startup type to Automatic - Memtest passed - SSD health is normal - Latest firmware for SSD - Malware scans Doesn't matter if on AC power or battery Not plugging in Random BSOD On New Dell Inspiron 7737 new hardware This just doesn't make sense for a new out of the box laptop with a fresh install I've attached SF diagnostic tools reports with last dumps Any help would be appreciated before I go down the tech support rabbit Random BSOD On New Dell Inspiron 7737 hole https drive google com file d B m ew usp sharing

A:Random BSOD On New Dell Inspiron 7737

Can anyone analyze the dumps please?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/351950-random-bsod-new-dell-inspiron-7737-a.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU E GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GS Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc RY Antivirus GFI Software VIPRE Updated and Enabled Sometimes my Dell Random Shut Down, 3 530 - Beeps Inspiron monitor shuts off and then my tower starts giving shorts beeps and the only thing it will let me do is push the power button and shut Dell Inspiron 530 - Random Shut Down, 3 Beeps the whole thing down I usually have to wait for an hour or so before using the computer again if I try to power it on too soon nothing happens besides the beeps I never know when this Dell Inspiron 530 - Random Shut Down, 3 Beeps is going to happen when it Dell Inspiron 530 - Random Shut Down, 3 Beeps first started it was doing it everyday sometimes or times a day Now it s only every once in awhile but it seems to be picking up again once last night and again this morning Thanks in advance Midnyte nbsp

Relevancy 64.07%

Hi All,

I have a new Dell Inspiron 7737 that will random blue screen or crash throughout the day. No rhyme or reason. This is a fresh install of Windows 8.1 Pro on a Samsung 840 Pro SSD.

Here's What I tried:
- Updated drivers. Either from Dell or Intel websites
- Updated/Reinstall of DirectX
- Installed Samsung SSD Magician to apply SSD settings to Windows
- Updated BIOS
- Disabled sleep and hibernate
- Set Windows Driver Framework service startup type to Automatic
- Memtest passed
- SSD health is normal
- Latest firmware for SSD
- Malware scans

Doesn't matter if on AC power or battery. Not plugging in new hardware. This just doesn't make sense for a new out of the box laptop with a fresh install.

I've attached SF diagnostic tools reports with last 4 dumps. Any help would be appreciated before I go down the tech support rabbit hole.

A:Random BSOD On New Dell Inspiron 7737

Hi dsmero & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

I have analysed your dump files and below has been provided an analysis of the same for informative purposes :-

Code:
**************************Tue Nov 11 00:14:45.595 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\SysnativeBSODApps\111014-4437-01.dmp]

Windows 8 Kernel Version 9600 MP (4 procs) Free x64

Built by: 9600.17328.amd64fre.winblue_r3.140827-1500

System Uptime: 0 days 0:27:33.928

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiPageFault+23a )

BugCheck D1, {fffff800357d6036, 2, 8, fffff800357d6036}
BugCheck Info: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)

Arguments:
Arg1: fffff800357d6036, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000008, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
Arg4: fffff800357d6036, address which referenced memory
BUGCHECK_STR: AV

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: DisplayLinkUse

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: AV_CODE_AV_BAD_IP_nt!KiPageFault

CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4510U CPU @ 2.00GHz"

MaxSpeed: 2000

CurrentSpeed: 1995

BIOS Version A09

BIOS Release Date 04/28/2014

Manufacturer Dell Inc.

Product Name Inspiron 7737

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
**************************Mon Nov 10 23:46:53.148 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\SysnativeBSODApps\111014-4625-01.dmp]

System Uptime: 0 days 1:43:21.313

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for igdkmd64.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for igdkmd64.sys

Probably caused by : igdkmd64.sys ( igdkmd64+1e37b )

BugCheck 139, {3, ffffd00022035730, ffffd00022035688, 0}
BugCheck Info: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)

Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, A LIST_ENTRY has been corrupted (i.e. double remove).
Arg2: ffffd00022035730, Address of the trap frame for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg3: ffffd00022035688, Address of the exception record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, Reserved
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x139

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: LIST_ENTRY_CORRUPT

PROCESS_NAME: iexplore.exe

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x139_3_igdkmd64+1e37b

BIOS Version A09

Manufacturer Dell Inc.

Product Name Inspiron 7737

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
**************************Fri Nov 7 00:41:12.176 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\SysnativeBSODApps\110614-4406-01.dmp]

System Uptime: 0 days 0:55:02.738

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!_report_gsfailure+25 )

BugCheck F7, {726011990375, 727011990375, ffff8d8fee66fc8a, 0}
BugCheck Info: DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER (f7)

Arguments:
Arg1: 0000726011990375, Actual security check cookie from the stack
Arg2: 0000727011990375, Expected security check cookie
Arg3: ffff8d8fee66fc8a, Complement of the expected security check cookie
Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xF7_ONE_BIT

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GS_FALSE_POSITIVE_MISSING_GSFRAME

PROCESS_NAME: explorer.exe

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0xF7_ONE_BIT_MISSING_GSFRAME_nt!_report_gsfailure

BIOS Version A09

Manufacturer Dell Inc.

Product Name ... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/56917-random-bsod-new-dell-inspiron-7737-a.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Whether I am playing a game or just browsing the internet my laptop will randomly lock for 1-2 min and I can't do anything until it un-locks. Try to get into task manager or do anything else and they will pop up only after the computer un-locks. I have run spyware and other programs to see what might be causing it to no avail. Hope there is someone who can help me with my issues.

Dell Inspiron N5010
Windows 7 Home 64 bit
Intel Duo i5 M450 2.4Ghz
4GB Ram
ATI Radeon HD 5470

Thanks for any future help with my issues. Hope I posted in the right forum

Relevancy 64.07%

My sister's Dell Inspiron 6400 has a weird habit of randomly restarting without any error notifications. However, this is not happening when the computer is running in safe mode. My initial reaction because i didn't have much time to search around for the problem was to do a format and start again. This done the problem still persists. My second reaction was maybe heat and running speedfan I'm getting the following temperatures:

HD0: 44C
Temp1: 63C
Core 0: 44C
Core 1: 48C

Temp1 seems a little high to me but is it high enough to trigger a restart?

This has really stumped me any suggestions would be much appreciated.

A:Dell Inspiron 6400 random restarts

Yes, over heating will cause restarts. Check in the Bios for temps and voltage as well. Blow out all fans with compressed air especially the processor fan and heat sync.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dell-inspiron-6400-random-restarts-399155.html
Relevancy 64.07%

My Dell Inspiron 1470 randomly crashes all the time, no BSOD pops up, no error recovery window - it just randomly restarts.
Also, it will sometimes freeze up on start up and I have to restart, again.

I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit.
The laptop is 4 months old.

A:Dell Inspiron 1470 Random Crashes and more

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tml#post687349
this is the link to my post..i have the same problem.. ..letme know if urs gets fixed..

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/81665-dell-inspiron-1470-random-crashes-more.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I'm getting a beep on 1545 random Dell Inspiron Getting a single beep at seemingly random intervals on my Dell Inspiron Getting a random beep on Dell Inspiron 1545 Windows bit The beep comes from inside the laptop it doesn't come through the main speaker from the motherboard I assume I've searched and have found the beep codes and according to that it is quot BIOS Getting a random beep on Dell Inspiron 1545 checksum failure Possible motherboard failure quot I have no idea what a BIOS checksum failure means though I have been told that this isn't a beep code though as it doesn't happen at boot It can happen every few minutes or several days can pass without hearing it I don't seem to have any problems at all everything runs as it should I think the beeping might have started when I replaced my hard drive although I'm not sure about that I can't really contact Dell as the warranty has run out My battery is also pretty much dead and while I don't need it at all I wonder if this may have something to do with it I have disabled the beep entry in the registry but that hasn't solved the problem I have also flashed the bios with the latest one but this also didn't help This is my system spec in case it is of any help

A:Getting a random beep on Dell Inspiron 1545

Do you get any errors on the screen?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/250567-getting-random-beep-dell-inspiron-1545-a.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi I recently agreed to help my mother-in-law hook up her router She had purchased a Linksys router and also a wireless adapter from Dell As part of the process she needed the driver for the adapter so I downloaded from Dell Everything worked Inspiron 9100 Black Screen fine but her computer was a mess outdated anti-virus no Microsoft MS updates etc so being a good son-in-law I decided to help her out I began by downloading all recommended drivers from Dell and then went to MS updates and began installing the critical updates During the MS update process I got an error about virtual memory being low I clicked okay and rebooted Now all I get when I try to power up is a black screen I can t do anything-can t access safe mode BIOS or anything else The only thing on the screen is the mouse pointer which moves like it s supposed to I tried repairing with the Win XP Professional SP CD but I get an Inspiron 9100 Black Screen error message that says quot DSentry exe-Application Error The exception unknown software exception xc fd occurred in the application at location x e Click on OK to terminate the program Click on CANCEL to debug the program quot Nothing happens when you click OK or CANCEL I tried also tried booting from the Win XP Professional SP CD There are beeps then nothing else happens There s no floppy drive I don t know what to do Please help-it s my mother-in-law s computer Thanks Mike nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/inspiron-9100-black-screen.692397/
Relevancy 63.64%

I installed a Roswill RC- Parallel port PCI card into my Dell Inspiron s I m using it to connect to a cnc plama cutter table nbsp My cnc manual says that I need to enter the bios and change the mode of the card to EPP However when I go into the bios I don t see any settings in any of the menu options related to the parallel port I installed the card and downloaded the driver nbsp When I go to the device manager it shows up and seems to be enabled fine Right now it is labeled as LPT However nbsp the addresses in the resource tab show up as E and E That doesn t seem to match any normal hexadecimal addresses nbsp My cnc machine manual said that it is best to set the card to the address of how would I do that Is this simply changing it to LPT I have Windows home office pro Thanks for any help

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19979068
Relevancy 63.64%

Hey there My Girl recently Inspiron Restarting Dell BlueScreen/Random N5040 got a Dell Inspiron N when we first turned it on after BlueScreen/Random Restarting Dell Inspiron N5040 a few mins it randomly restarted i thought maybe its just an update had to install loads of windows updates however over the past week its being doing it every time its been turned off for a few hours however once it restarts and comes back on it usually is fine It s only when leaving it a long while then turning it back on it does the same again and today for the first time we got a blue screen BlueScreen/Random Restarting Dell Inspiron N5040 of death which i believe may lead to some answers here is the report Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode a BCP BCP DA BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Ledine AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C windows system en-US erofflps txt Hope someone can help Thanks James nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

I have a dell Inspiron 531 that seems to lock up randomly. When it locks everything stops
working. The mouse pointer does not move. The keyboard locks up. Sometimes the video
gets angled lines and the screen turns white with colored lines.
I had a Tech to do a new fresh install of windows 7 home prenium home edition (64bit) on a
new hard drive and this did not solve the problem. The computer orginally came with Vista 32 bit.
What is my next step to solve this issue? This computer has the video graphics in the motherboard.
It has 4Gig of RAM installed.

Thank you,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-inspiron-531-locks-up-with-no-video.1032893/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hey all I have two dell inspiron desktop PCs Running Win I had my own and the mobo went on it so I bought one inc.... Inspiron Video 530 Dell need help problem cheap cheaper then I would have paid for a new mobo That I got had Dell Inspiron 530 problem need help Video inc.... a duel core CPU gig of RAM No GFX Card So I took out My Quad Core GPU My GB of RAM and my GFX Card and put them into the working PC i had bought I done everything correct as far as I know from watching ytube videos and reading threads on various boards but now it will not boot up it Dell Inspiron 530 problem need help Video inc.... will start as u will see if u look at the small video I made I just get a amber light coming of the mobo and the fans spin with a constant beeping noise but nothing shows up on the monitor Have a look at the video its very short u might see whats wrong and give me some advie on what the problem might be and how I should go about getting it in working order http youtu be yJ VYTIlDU Please have a look I am so stuck I really need the help and will be really grateful for even the smallest bit of advice Thanks

A:Dell Inspiron 530 problem need help Video inc....

I suspect you have some incompatible components, but I couldn't make out exactly what you have regarding motherboard, CPU, and RAM.  I believe I heard 4 beeps in your video.  Those are a code, but they vary according to the BIOS you have which again, I didn't see any indication of what that is.  The video was very dark inside the covers so I was able to make out little to none of what you were trying to show unfortunately.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536266/dell-inspiron-530-problem-need-help-video-inc/
Relevancy 63.64%

This Dell Inspiron 530 had an optional (PCI?) video card which failed. I removed it, and the computer ran normally, I assume from the video "card" built in to the motherboard. Now, this is all I get when I turn it on (screenshot). I've tried a Linux boot disc, Windows repair disc, f2, f12 and I never get beyond this screen. I suspect a hardware problem, but I'm hoping someone has had this same issue and can tell me whether I should just trash it, before I go buying parts for it. BTW, the background in the image is a messed-up "Dell" logo.

A:Dell Inspiron 530 video failure

Have you tried resetting the BIOS? With the PC Powered off, open the case and remove the CR2032 CMOS backup battery on the motherboard for at least 10 minutes (Intel says 15 min). Reinstall the battery, observing polarity. Power back on and see if that helped.

Just to verify that its not the actual monitor, do you have another you can connect for test?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/320520-dell-inspiron-530-video-failure.html
Relevancy 63.64%

hi , i have a problem with Video driver for
i not have a driven and i can't browse
Dell Inspiron 1564 proccesor I3
can you help me ?

A:Dell Inspiron 1564 video

Here is the video driver for your Laptop .. -=> Download

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/88840-dell-inspiron-1564-video.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Ever noticed how hard tracing OPN change -- to Recommended USB it is to write parses for USB traces especially if you're leaving reads on the device for any length of time The following changes to the UsbCommon OPN file result in a more sane default ordering of messages Specifically if the URB is sending data to the device then the ETW event corresponding to the original sending of USB tracing -- Recommended change to OPN the URB is used as the basis of the MessageNumber for UsbSpec protocol analysis same as today nbsp If the URB is reading data from the device then instead USB tracing -- Recommended change to OPN the completion ETW event is used as the basis of the MessageNumber for UsbSpec protocol analysis This small change has greatly simplified my life nbsp I hope it helps you also Here's the full change which goes into UsbCommon opn file in the routine ProcessUrbCompletion replace this line toDispatch Origins usbCommonGlobals DispatchMessageFromUrbPtr urbPtr originCompletionMessage With the following lines if UsbDirection Out toTransfer Direction toDispatch Origins usbCommonGlobals DispatchMessageFromUrbPtr urbPtr originCompletionMessage else The first origin is used for the MessageNumber so just swap the order toDispatch Origins originCompletionMessage usbCommonGlobals DispatchMessageFromUrbPtr urbPtr Hope that helps years Windows storage drivers Microsoft Patent Attorney LCA - Patents Microsoft not giving legal advice

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9e8ba1b9-6f68-4f87-95b6-edd6bf1636b3/usb-tracing-recommended-change-to-opn?forum=messageanalyzer
Relevancy 62.78%

Recently i found that my IE homepage had been fixed as http www com I cant change it even via changing the setting in internet options it goes back to the same homepage all the time Also there is IE8 change homepage & tracing my Cant a new internet explorer shortcut on my destop which i cant delete it There must be some spyware or malware in my PCWhat s more there is a file called quot tracing quot in my System user file it turns up all the Cant change my IE8 homepage & tracing time after using the Window live messenger and cant be deletedCould any one help to solve the above Cant change my IE8 homepage & tracing problemMany thanks please find below and the attached the logComboFix - - - Rex - x c users Rex Desktop ComboFix exeSP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF - - - - - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Rex AppData Local temp - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Public AppData Local temp - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Default AppData Local temp - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Windows Portable Devices - - - - ----a-w- c windows system WPDShextAutoplay exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows system BthMtpContextHandler dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wpdbusenum dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system PortableDeviceConnectApi dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wpdshext dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system PortableDeviceApi dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system WPDShServiceObj dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wpd ci dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system PortableDeviceTypes dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system WPDSp dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system PortableDeviceWMDRM dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system PortableDeviceClassExtension dll - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Rex Tracing - - - - ----a-w- c windows system UIAutomationCore dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system oleacc dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system oleaccrc dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system gameux dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system Apphlpdm dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system GameUXLegacyGDFs dll - - - - -------- d-----w- c windows system ca-ES - - - - -------- d-----w- c windows system eu-ES - - - - -------- d-----w- c windows system vi-VN - - - - -------- d-----w- c windows system EventProviders - - - - ----a-w- c windows system winresume exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows system StructuredQuerySchemaTrivial bin - - - - -------- d-----w- C PerfLogs - - - - ----a-w- c windows system imagesp dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system sstpsvc dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system winrscmd dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system xpssvcs dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system bcdsrv dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wbem WMIPJOBJ dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system icsunattend exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wbemcomn dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wbem mofinstall dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system sqmapi dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system SmiInstaller dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system mspatcha dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system dpx dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system msdelta dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system admparse dll - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Rex AppData Roaming BitTorrent - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files BitTorrent - - - - ----a-w- c windows system ntkrnlpa exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows system ntoskrnl exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows system winhttp dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system kbd n dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers http sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system httpapi dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system nshhttp dll - - - - ----a-w- c users Rex AppData Roaming Octoshape Octoshape Streaming Services pmv a- - -libOctoshapeClient dll - - - - ----a-w- c users Rex AppData Roaming Mozilla Plugins npoctoshape dll - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Rex AppData Roaming Octoshape - - - - ----a-w- c users Rex AppData Roaming Octoshape Octoshape Streaming Services sua- - -npoctoshape dll - - - - ----a-w- ... Read more

A:Cant change my IE8 homepage & tracing

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/307081/cant-change-my-ie8-homepage-tracing/
Relevancy 62.78%

OK, I did a computer job for a friend and she gave me a laptop as payment. The Dell Inspiron 6000. It has a broken screen a few missing keys and a bad DVD/CDRW Combo drive. Now, when I hooked it up to a monitor for video since the lcd was busted on the laptop, I got to the vista sign in screen. When I clicked on the user, it loaded to desktop and started flickering the external lcd I was using. Then the lcd power button would just blink orange and green, while the screen is just black. I borrowed my aunts Dell Inspiron 1300's DVDRW drive to install vista and it went well on the lcd before the desktop loaded up again. Wierd?

Relevancy 62.78%

Hello everyone,
I just replaced the failing motherboard in my Dell Inspiron 530, with the same model, G33M02,because an aftermarket board wouldn't work, due to the I/O shield not being removable. and currently looking for a video card upgrade to watch Netflix and YouTube videos in HD format. I don't plan to game with this computer, it was a freebie given to me by a friend, and I'm using it as a spare. The PSU is a 300watt Bestec model. And, processor is an Intel Celeron 420 Conroe-L Single-Core @ 1.6ghz with 2 GB dual-channel memory, 80gb hard drive. I don't plan to spend no more then $50 dollars. Any suggestions?

A:Dell Inspiron 530, video card upgrade

The Sapphire 6450 is about $40, and it's perfect for Netflix. There was a refurbished Asus 6450 available for $25, but they may all be sold.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19677810
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello and first of all thank you for taking time to read my post and consider my problem I have a Dell Inspiron m Dell Inspiron Problems Video Solved: and a few nights ago I dropped it Now when I boot it up I get the Dell bios screen and the Windows XP load screen when the screen changes to login the screen goes black as if it is turned off I can start Solved: Dell Inspiron Video Problems the computer in safe mode without any display problems and I can start it in VGA mode without any problems I can also plug an external monitor into it without any problems but I cannot get anything on the laptops display as if it isn t even attatched I have tried replacing the ATI drivers and even resetting the system back to factory by hitting CTRL-F at the bios screen non of which has been successful I feel that either A a chip on the video card is damaged or B something has come unplugged from it due to the drop However I think that should it be either one of these the video card would not work at all At this point is seems the video card cannot detect the laptop screen when using the ATI drivers but can detect it if using the generic Windows XP drivers I m wondering if I should open it up and search for any unplugged wires cables or ribbons but since I am unfamiliar with the laptops hardware I am afraid of doing more harm than good Thanks for any insight you can grant me Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R M processor GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI MOBILITY RADEON Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Computer Corporation X TGQK CN O Antivirus Norton Internet Security Updated No On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

A:Solved: Dell Inspiron Video Problems

Problem solved, I removed the keyboard and disconnected the display cable connector. Upon reconnecting it and booting up the screen worked like normal with the ATI drivers. I guess the drop had just knocked it slightly lose.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dell-inspiron-video-problems.962709/
Relevancy 62.78%

A few days I ago I bought the Inspiron 580 with the i3-550 processor at a good price at one of the local stores that is close to my home. I really don't want to use the onboard video card because its does a poor job for cleaning up streaming video on the internet. I would like to know what video card is recommended for my use. I want a entry level dedicated video card that has decent video processing and also I want to know if there is a way to disable the onboard video when I get a new video card?

A:Dell Inspiron 580: Which Video Card Upgrade

gregpod9 I want a entry level dedicated video card that has decent video processing
You get what you pay for, an "entry level" video card may not be any better than the on-board video, if that is the real problem with streaming video.
The 580 has a PCIeX16 slot for an add on video card.  The stock power supply is only a 300 watt which will somewhat limit you on choices of "HD Video" cards.  The manual does not detail it, that I can find, but on most the BIOS will autodetect a PCIeX16 slot video card and make that the default.  On models that do not autodetect, you can manually change that in the Setup (F2 at POST to access the Setup (BIOS)).

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19379257
Relevancy 62.78%

My Inspiron 15r 5521 model doesnt have any graphics card. Is there possibility that I can install the graphics card that the other model does have ? 

A:Dell Inspiron 15r 5521 Video Card

JHAYCEE,
Unfortunately, you cannot add a discrete  video card into the computer. There are no slots to install one.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19991562
Relevancy 62.78%

hi 
i need driver dell inspiron 3521(3rd gen,core i3)
Intel HD Graphics 4000 Driver
it driver need for window 8.1 32bit

A:need video driver dell inspiron 3521

If you've done a clean install, be sure you install the Intel chiipset driver FIRST.  Then reboot and install:
downloadcenter.intel.com/.../Intel-HD-Graphics-4000-for-3rd-Generation-Intel-Core-Processors

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19986262
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi all I have a dell inspiron here and all of the sudden video problem with Solved: dell inspiron some of the letters looked slightly darker on the left Solved: video problem with dell inspiron side Then shortly after that the screen started getting a somewhat cyan tint to it then after that I started getting blank flickering lines starting from the left side of the screen The longer it is on the bigger thicker and longer they get till you don t see anything on the screen If you shut it down and let it sit for Solved: video problem with dell inspiron a few mintues it looks fine for a minute when you boot up then Solved: video problem with dell inspiron starts all over again The quot Dell quot logo is also affected at boot up if you reboot after seeing this so obviously not a driver issue I assume this laptop is toast for the most part I haven t tried plugging it into regular monitor yet I am going to try that in a minute But has anyone else seen this I it is very strange -Game nbsp

Relevancy 62.78%

I am looking to upgrade my Dell Inspiron 570, once the 600 Watt Power Supply is installed, to the GeForce 900 series but am unsure if I can do this- can anyone answer if my motherboard will support the card?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19990400
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello Tech guys-I have a dell inspiron 530-2.2 ghz 450 celeron-2 gb ram. It appearantly has integrated video but i would like to upgrade to say 512mb video card.Here is link to specs( http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/inspd530/en/OM/HTML/appendix.htm#wp1123070 ) that i cant understand-lol. I also read somewhere it needs compatible power?Could you please suggest a video upgrade if one is even possible.Thank you very much.

Relevancy 62.78%

Hello I have bought this laptop about months ago Since i bought it I have noticed that it s 7559 video stuttering Dell Inspiron performance is not what i should expect I mean i can be in Google Chrome viewing a page and in the moment i scroll using my mouse the laptop like freezes for a milisecond Dell Inspiron 7559 video stuttering and then continues Same happens when playing videogames i can be playing at low Dell Inspiron 7559 video stuttering ultra details frames per second but every now and then i get a frame drop and then it goes back to where it was before it s super annoying and shouldn t be happening I always thought it was something with the game that it was not well optimised but it seems to be the computer Things i have done I reinstalled Windows using the software provided by Microsoft All my drivers are up to date What could it be my laptop specs are th Generation Intel Core i - HQ Processor M Cache up to GHz NVIDIA GeForce GTX M GB GDDR GB Single Channel DDR L MHz GBx TB rpm Hybrid HDD with GB Flash All these things occur with the laptop plugged or not it doesn t matter Gaming i have used Balanced and High Performance battery mode but i don t see any difference This has happened to me for example in CS GO LoL World of Warships etc This is a benchmark i did with HDTune nbsp http imgur com a wf f

A:Dell Inspiron 7559 video stuttering

When you are saying that it is stuttering, does it do this all the time or is it something that will be working and then you get a quick stutter and then things return to normal?  If this is happening, it's most likely just a point in time where the files that the processor needs to access files haven't been loaded into RAM yet.  Your processor then has to wait for the HDD to load the file and continue on from there.  Does Google Chrome do this all the time?  Again, when it first boots or if there is something that computer has to load on the webpage such as Flash or anything like that, it can cause a temporary delay in the time that it is loading.  If it's doing it constantly then it might be something to look at, but once in awhile, it's not uncommon for this to happen during loading.  5400RPM is slowest speeds for HDD and it can cause your computer to have to wait for loading here and there.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994803
Relevancy 61.92%

I have an older years Dell Inspiron that I m thinking of converting to an htpc I almost never use it because I ve since gotten a laptop and who wants to be tethered to a Solved: video a card - Dell Upgrade Inspiron pc desk if they don t have Solved: Upgrade a Dell Inspiron pc - video card to be It has an Intel Core Duo processor at GHz and GB RAM and runs Vista How involved would upgrades be I was going to get a Roku box for streaming but since I have this PC just sitting there why not use it The first thing I was thinking of doing was upgrading Solved: Upgrade a Dell Inspiron pc - video card the video card with this one ASUS GeForce GB -bit DDR PCI Express x Low Profile Ready Video Card EN SILENT DI GD V LP Is this a good card I m not a gamer at all and would be using it for stuff like streaming Netflix Also how hard is it to install a new video card I ve never done anything more complicated than replacing RAM in my netbook Thanks for any help insight nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

I keep having to hold the video card in order to get video. If not I get message, analog dvi flashing on screen

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19987088
Relevancy 61.92%

I have a Dell Inspiron laptop Pentium III mhz Rage mobility AGP x English Video Card Originally mb - upgraded to max and Dell Win XP compatibility Video Inspiron prob 4000 mb RAM gb Dell Inspiron 4000 Video and Win XP compatibility prob HD Originally on Win ME but upgraded to Win XP Pro Now this is my prob i cant Dell Inspiron 4000 Video and Win XP compatibility prob seem to use my S-video out When i installed my XP on an inready installed ME XP Dell Inspiron 4000 Video and Win XP compatibility prob searched for compatible hardware drivers then it said that my video card is not compatible or digitally signed or something with Win XP but i continued anyway but the prob is when i connect my computer to the tv the tv displays for about less than seconds then display goes out then i tried to restart my comp then it displayed the blue page where u put ur password then it comes off again about - seconds after i guess its my video card driver can anyone help me pls or if there isnt any driver available for that video card on win xp can anyone suggest a USB Video card with S-Video Out all i see is TV Tuner with S-Video In thanks nbsp

A:Dell Inspiron 4000 Video and Win XP compatibility prob

Hi chaps3031,

Welcome to TSG !

I suggest you to download the drivers of your video card here .
Before installing the new drivers, desactivate the video card with your devices and restart the computer, uninstall the old drivers and restart your computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-inspiron-4000-video-and-win-xp-compatibility-prob.383936/
Relevancy 61.92%

i have a radeon card as part of the laptop. but the intel processor seems to be the active graphic card only. according to the store owner the radeon only kicks in under stress, he had a software that created stress and then it shows the radeon working, otherwise it would show 4 lines of gpu slots, and only 1 of them with the intel processor active, the radeon not active at all.

is that correct , what the store owner said ?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19988478
Relevancy 61.92%

About a week ago in the middle of work my year old laptop video went goofy I get intermittent vertical bars across the display aprox quot wide and quot apart This problem is pretty constant although it seems to clear up at times The bars are generally yellow tinged and are not alway as described above but side by side and filling the display I can change how they look by jiggling the laptop as well I think Sorry for the lousy problem description but the little buggers just wont stay put I have rebooted into safe mode and the problem persists It is much worse in any DOS type screen I took the keyboard off in hopes of finding Dell video problem Inspiron 8200 Solved: a loose video card but no luck the problem went away for a bit after I did that I also connected to an external monitor with no improvements I really do suspect a Solved: Dell Inspiron 8200 video problem bad connection does anyone have a guide to dissasembling one of these beasties Or give me some friendly pointers I would like Solved: Dell Inspiron 8200 video problem to get into the guts of it and try Solved: Dell Inspiron 8200 video problem reseating the card if possible but I really don t want to frag my laptop at the same time Have no worries crawling into desktops its just laptops are more errrr crowded inside Service Tag HNNG This is the card description from my service tag U CARD CIRCUIT GRAPHICS ATI TECHNOLOGIES INC M MB COMANECI Hope this helps Thanks a lot in advance nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

Tonight I formatted and re-installed XP on my machine. After re-installing everything, and fudging around with the resources CD Dell gave me (I installed what I think is everything; I see nothing relating to video drivers), I noticed something was wrong with my video settings. I only have two resolution settings: 800x600 and 1024x768.

I have tried everything from Windows Update (which on a fresh install only gave me 18 updates, all critical--just security stuff) to getting the latest drivers from NVidia. I believe my card is a mobile FX5200 GO. The card isn't showing up on my device manager at all. I think the problem has to do with my Video Controller, which is showing up as not installed. When I try to install it via the New Hardware Found utility, it says the drivers cannot be found neither on Windows or my resources CD.

Any help is appreciated, I would like to skip having to call Dell.

Relevancy 61.92%

Does it fairly frequently, I can't tie it to anything I'm doing. I'm running Windows 10 which came with the computer.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19988546
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello there I will try to provide as many details as I playback choppy Dell 1764 has Inspiron video can My Dell Inspiron laptop has been struggling to play online videos without reloading timing out completely or just freezing up in general in regards to video playback I tried clearing the cache defragging updating adobe flash player and raising the buffer limit on Firefox I went to check for a graphics card driver update but can t seem to find one that will install properly I went to Start - gt dxdiag and checked the last update Dell Inspiron 1764 has choppy video playback date for the driver which was listed in October likely the original date so I searched for the graphics card on Intel s website for an update I searched for Graphics - gt Laptop graphics drivers - gt Intel Core Processors with Intel HD Graphics - gt then selected Windows Home Premiun -bit I installed the most recent driver update and after it downloaded and tried to install I got an error message quot The driver being installed is not validated for this computer Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer Setup will exit quot I also tried going into Start - gt Right-click Computer - gt Manage - gt Device Manager - gt Graphics adapter - gt and had it check for any updates which came back saying it was up to date but the last update was October according to dxdiag Any further advice Dell Inspiron with Windows Home Premium Intel i GHz Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD GB DDR RAM GB Hard drive I have Norton Antivirus with an active subscription if that plays into the equation at all I also run off Mbps Internet connection which is very reliable on my desktop but slower on the laptop Thank you for your help nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

I want to connect another computer to my dell  inspiron one 2330' and use it like a screen. 
But i get the message: no video detected on vga input.
Can you help me?
Thank you

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19719541
Relevancy 61.49%

Vertical, mostly green lines, cover the lower half of the screen, and flickers in brightness and sometimes different shades of pink. Horizontally, the top half of the screen also appears in the bottom half of the screen. Have gone through all the Dell recommended diagnostics except for the external monitor because I don't have access to one. 

A:Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series video display problem

Hi BDykstra
Thanks for writing to us.
Do these lines vanish or change in pattern when the screen is moved back and forth.
Did these symptoms appear during the LCD test?
If the system is under warranty, Please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name, Phone#, Address and Email). If there is no warranty, then you could contact our team to get a quote for a paid service call - http://dell.to/1vnT6CQ
Regards

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19994583
Relevancy 61.49%

i did some searching before hand and came up with nothing...even the Dell site is helpless.

i am currently working on a family members Dell inspiron 1501 Laptop.
i just formatted and clean installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and everything runs just fine, did all updates and the computer runs great, but i cannot get the video card drivers to work or the ATI Catalyst Control Center to "work" right. It keeps saying that it installed the drivers and everything works but the display does not have the Aero capability...its just annoying. Im not sure if he even cares if it has the Aero option, but i have OCD...so it has to be done right...

Im not sure what info is needed to help, so please ask all the questions you can. i really wanna get this figured out, this is the only thing left and his computer will be fresh!

A:Dell Inspiron 1501 no video drivers for Win7 64bit

Visit this site and choose drivers for your OS:

Dell Inspiron Drivers | Dell Inspiron 1501 | Free Download | go4download.com
PS: read the green lines before downloading.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/233348-dell-inspiron-1501-no-video-drivers-win7-64bit.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I just got my Nvidia Geforce 9600 GSO pcie video card in the mail today and hooked it up to my pci express slot in my Dell Inspiron 531 computer and when i powered on my computer ,all I got was a real loud screeching sound so I turned the computer off, On my video card it has a power connector slot but I cant find where to plug it in at and i think maybe with my computer model what i am needing to plug it in is not included due to them saving money and not including old connectors..

A:Solved: Nvidia 9600 GSO video Card on a Dell Inspiron 531

It's not an old connector. It's the new(ish) PCI-E 6-pin power connector, standard to any quality power supply today. And anyways, your card wouldn't propably run with the Dell's crappy low-power crap-quality power supply even if it had a PCI-E 6-pin connector.

I have posted two good power supplies in the other thread..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-nvidia-9600-gso-video-card-on-a-dell-inspiron-531.766328/
Relevancy 61.49%

I loaded Vista 32 onto a Dell Inspiron 8200. I updated the video driver online from Dell's website, but even at the highest setting I cannot get a full screen image. There is a black border up both the left and right sides of the screen about 3/4 " wide, and a black border top and bottom about 1/4" wide. Can anyone please point me to a video driver that will enable me get a full screen image?

Thanks in advance!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dell-inspiron-8200-video-driver-using-vista-32.705658/
Relevancy 61.49%

i wanted to extend my laptop display to my dell inspiron one 2320 display. It kept black screen and saying no video detected on hdmi input. i have tried to extend to my Tv it works. means that the cable and laptop GPU are fine. but when i connect from DVD player through composite on dell inspiron one 2320 it works.
PLease tell me how to solve this

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19982415
Relevancy 61.49%

I have a Dell, Intel 3 notebook with Windows 2000, and I keep getting frozen out with message to end program all the time. Seems it needs fixed up some way. What can I do to get the programs to open more quickly and stop freezing with End Program message?

Thank you in advance.

A:Dell Inspiron Laptop?

Run some Scans lately for infections?

You can empty your Temp files with this free Utility

ATF Cleaner by Atribune.

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.

If you use Firefox browser
Click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.

If you use Opera browser
Click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-inspiron-laptop.534427/
Relevancy 61.49%

laptop has a start up password protection, I have divorced my wife and she left it like this, and we don't talk at all so right now I have a paperweight, I heard there is a utility that will bypass this or reset it, and was curious if there was any help out there.

A:Dell Inspiron Laptop

Try booting into Safe Mode and creating a new user account. Another thing you could do is to format and reinstall the operating system.How to start Windows in Safe ModeHow to log on to your Windows XP-based computer if you forget your password or if your password expiresIf that doesn't work then I'm sorry, but we can't help you. As per the forum rules:No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures.Edit: Added link to Microsoft article

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/111425/dell-inspiron-laptop/
Relevancy 61.49%

I keep getting this message when I go into Word 07 "word could not create the work file - check the temporary environment variable.

How do I resolve this.

A:Have a Dell Inspiron laptop with XP

Reinstall Office, it sounds like the program has become corrupt that its no longer able to create temp files.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/have-a-dell-inspiron-laptop-with-xp-472853.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi I have been working on a Dell Inspiron S and am unable to get the video and now audio drivers loaded and working correctly Here s the deal According to the Dell tag info online this cpu uses either the onboard Nvidia nforce SE n video card or an ATI Pro There is no external video card so the Nvidia should be right This is confirmed by programs like HWinfo However someone did install ATI catalyst software at some earlier point At first only the video card driver was not loaded properly and so Vista Home Premium -bit was in VGA-compatible mode I tried to load NVIDIA Nforce WHQL drivers for Vista -bit which completed without errors Upon rebooting though I could see in Device Manager that the drivers didn t take I have also tried Dell s recommended R an executable that loads Nvidia s MCP ver Dell audio not Realtek drivers Nvidia and working Inspiron on video A drivers and no matter what I do Device Manager says I now have an Nvidia video and Realtek audio drivers not working on Dell Inspiron unknown device or a VGA-compatible display adapter Unloading and reinstalling did not help I noticed SP was not loaded so tried installing it to see if that would help It loaded no problem but then I saw as another update a Realtek audio driver update I let it load and now have no audio I have tried both Dell s recommended Realtek driver R which is for the ALC HD audio device and loads Realtek s R audio drivers and a newer R version for Vista that I got from Realtek s site Both install fine but rebooting results in Device Manager disabling the Realtek device If I enable it it wants to reinstall drivers But doing so either fails when trusting Windows to do it because it says I already have the correct drivers OR I can load them reboot and find the process happening all over again It always tells me there is no audio output device installed So far I have updated the BIOS run Driver Sweeper to clean out all ATI and NVIDIA display and physix drivers as well as all sound-related drivers and tried the above in Safe Mode as well Nothing works I am at a loss Both devices are acting as if they are disabled somehow but I see no reason for it in the BIOS or anywhere else Ugh This is very frustrating If anyone can help I would really appreciate it Thanks nbsp

A:Nvidia video and Realtek audio drivers not working on Dell Inspiron

Sounds like to me a fresh installment of Windows vista would help you out the most.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-video-and-realtek-audio-drivers-not-working-on-dell-inspiron.151717/
Relevancy 60.63%

I have a 15r Inspiron 7520 SE packed with AMD Radeon HD 7730m GPU
I had a Windows 10 fresh install running quite good with no problem whatsoever regarding drivers or software
And out of nowhere wifi connection wasn't working so well not sure whether it was dropping out or what so i reinstalled Windows 10 only to find out that no matter which video card drivers i install whether automatically from. Windows update or through Dell's support page or even AMD latest drivers it just fails and BSOD Windows
I have tried upgrading my BIOS and even downgraded for last hope chance ,i have tried even installing Windows 7 and the problem persists on both OSes with different versions of drivers with various BSOD errors varying from (atikmpag.sys) which i tried fixing replacing the ones in drivers folders with ones i extracted manually as explained in online tutorials and (dpc watchdog violation)
So i am clueless here
Please help

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19982005
Relevancy 60.63%

Hey. I'm mainly looking to upgrade my video card. Which is pretty much going to require me to upgrade the power supply also. Unless someone throws a video card in my lap that will work on a 250W power supply. The problem I'm running into is this: my tower is too slim for pretty much everything. Dell sells upgrades through their site but I'm wondering if there are other brands that sell something better/cheaper/fitworthy. Thanks in advance.

A:Upgrading power supply and video card for a Dell Inspiron 530s

These use a slimmer PSU if I remember correctly.

Your probably going to need to replace the case to be honest, which will also mean you'll need to replace the CPU cooler, because Dell use a screw-in design, which relies on the tray behind the motherboard having screws to hold the CPU cooler in place.

You could just get a bigger Dell case, pretty much any Inspirion or Vostro case will fit your hardware, plus you can then use a ATX PSU too. That will be your cheapest solution, purely because you only have the case to purchase.

If you want an aftermarket case your going to need the case, and a new CPU cooler, and possibly a new motherboard, dependant on whether you can remove the insulation tabs on each side of the cpu cooler mounting holes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-power-supply-and-video-card-for-a-dell-inspiron-530s.160154/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello i am an owner of a Dell inspiron 3542 i7 with 840m. I have a question that the tech support in Greece couldn't solve. When i plug the hdmi on my laptop and i connect it to a screen if the screen is bigger then 19' then everything is messed up. The colors the resolution everything. I noticed that the hdmi is connected to the integrated graphics card which powers the display of the laptop of course and has and output of 1300sth resolution. So when i connect it my laptop with an external monitor i cant see anything right from resolution or colors side.Is this normal? there is nothing wrong with graphics card the discrete and the integrated are perfectly working i cant just get passed this issue though.. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19682986
Relevancy 60.63%

I have this issue where sometimes when playing a game whenever it s about to load a new audio asset the game briefly freezes Like for instance I m playing the Brutal Doom mod and it will go fine for a little while but whenever I quot m about to for example fire a new weapon it will and games stuttering, briefly, audio 15r during or freezing Inspiron video Dell freeze itself for a second to seemingly load the new audio file for the gun being shot There are other games that do this as well Also sometimes when watching a video on YouTube I get audio stutter for a few seconds I ve done scans with Avast Malware Bytes and Spybot and so far nothing conclusive has come up I ran the Intel Driver Update program and updated several drivers but that hasn t fixed it I also tried disabling Andrea ST but that didn t fix it neither I ve had this laptop for several years now and it never did this until recently Here is a Speccy Link http speccy piriform com results HTOvaCdvUZG UjYSenWcXLn nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-inspiron-15r-audio-stuttering-or-freezing-briefly-during-games-and-video.1142001/
Relevancy 60.63%

Have tried all the suggesions to get the Stereo mix option on my Dell Inspiron N5010 64 bit new laptop to work. Updating driver,enabling disconnected devices in audio recording etc. These have all worked on many computers in the past. I undestand that Dell has some specific problems. I have been on a tech phone line with Dell for over 2:30 hours to no avail. According to a tech bulletin from Dell they admitted blocking Stereo Mix but said they have decided to "allow" the option. So how can I do it?

Can anyone help? THX

A:Dell Inspiron Laptop No Stereo Mix

Your best option would have been to post on the Dell users forum, Laptop hardware section. There are people on that forum that can specifically address this on Dell's. Home - Dell Community

First, in most cases the Dell IDT sound drivers need to be used. Non-Dell drivers will either not work or not work correctly. The lack of System Mixer is an issue on SOME Dell models (but it's not just a Dell issue, there are other Vendors with PC's that have the same issue).

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/132529-dell-inspiron-laptop-no-stereo-mix.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I just became the owner of a Dell Inspiron 9400 laptop that has had the OS removed. According to Dell support this laptop had been installed with Windows XP Professional 64-bit. I know that Microsoft no longer supports Wins XP, but I would like to use this laptop. A friend at work tried to install Win XP from a disk but my laptop came up with this error # 0x0000007E (0x0000005,0xf76120BF,0xfase208,0xf7ASDF08).
I have been out of work for 4yrs. and really can't afford 150.00 for a new Win. XP Prof. program. What can I do to get my laptop up and running? She is bluetooth and wifi ready and I ran a full diagnostic and she passed in all areas!

Please can someone help me!

MTS31801

Relevancy 60.63%

As fate would have it the warranty expired on the th of July - The computer is a Dell Inspiron laptop - running windows Laptop Inspiron locks Dell up XP After being left online overnight in a hotel with wireless internet it locked up Currently we get different results but all results end in a lock up at the windows screen - usually it comes up with a screen saying quot we apologize for the inconvenience but windows did not start successfully A recent hardware or software change might have caused this quot no new hardware or software was installed prior to lockup It gives you options to try to start - I can t remember what Dell Inspiron Laptop locks up all it said - but safe mode was a choice and going back to a prior time was a choice Usually it is just locked up and you can t click on anything Once I did get it to go to safe mode and I tried to do a system restore - It did go through all the motions of doing a system restore - but when rebooted - the same quot we apologize quot error was there - WHen I can click on a starting option it goes to the windows screen - the blue line runs for a few seconds - then it just locks up Dell wants a small fortune to help me over the phone This Dell Inspiron Laptop locks up is my son s college computer I was thinking he probably picked up a virus when he was online in the hotel Is that possible It has let me get into set up by pressing F during boot - but I have no idea what to do there if anything F is another option it gives - but Dell Inspiron Laptop locks up it wont do anything when I push that Any advice Thanks so much Jenny M nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

Hey guys, this is my first time posting here.

Buy Dell Inspiron 15 i5558-5717SLV Signature Edition Laptop - Microsoft Store Online

So first off this is the laptop I have. I have a problem with it though. I bought it new around 3 months ago.

The problem is that when I plug and unplug the charger the laptop goes to sleep and I have to press the power button to start it up again. This happens 50% of the time when I plug/unplug the charger.

Also when I press F12 and F11 to increase/decrease the brightness the same thing happens around 50% of the time (the screen goes to sleep)

I've tried different outlets around the house and I've also tried a different charger (my dad has the same laptop and while his laptop doesnt have this problem when I use his charger with my laptop it happens to me)

A:Dell Inspiron Laptop Going to Sleep

Check the Advanced Power Settings and see what the Sleep level is set to.

Is the charger actually charging the battery?

http://www.techist.com/forums/f84/dell-inspiron-laptop-going-sleep-276827/
Relevancy 60.63%

Can anyone tell me anything about a Dell Inspiron 3800 laptop? I just recently got one from my mother and it came on just fine the first time I turned it on. I turned it off to look it over carefully becaues, quite frankly, I'm puzzled as to where the floppy goes. I have the floppy, I just can't find where to attach it back to the computer. Anyway, when I went to turn it back on, all that will happen is this:
The power light will come on and three little lights to the right of it flash several times then the whole thing goes off. Now, the icons beside these lights are little locks. One has the number 9 in it, one has an A in it and the last one has a down arrow in it. It's like the whole thing is locked up. Help!
Any response and advice is much appreciated.
Thanks,
K.

A:Dell Inspiron 3800 laptop

Nevermind. I took the battery out and just used the AC adapter. It works fine now. Thanks, K.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-inspiron-3800-laptop.107248/
Relevancy 60.63%

My Dell Inspiron running Windows Vista won t boot I had been trying to get rid of quot Winzip registry optimizer quot which kept running at start up and at other random times Laptop won't boot Inspiron Dell I ran quot Spybot Search and Destroy quot and quot Malwarebyte quot Both Dell Inspiron Laptop won't boot found and removed some files but didn t kill the Winzip Optimizer I started downloading quot HJT quot and the other tools to create the required logs to start a post here and continued to use the laptop when I could Before I could run the logging tools the computer froze On the next start up the machine booted into a dell recovery tool quot Start up Repair quot It tried to fix itself but couldn t I tried system restore but a message returned that there were no saved restore points I had previously set new restore points when installing new software and most recently before running Spybot Search and Destroy Memory diagnostic found no errors I was able to get a command prompt and ran chkdsk no errors As a last resort I tried quot Dell Factory Image Restore quot no go It started to run but stopped suddenly with a simple error pop up and no new info I tried to boot into safe mode it wouldn t boot and only restarted the quot System Recovery quot tool again I can still get a command prompt but can t access the c drive I can only get a quot X gt quot prompt I used quot dir p quot to search the directories listed and it returned quot Volume in drive X is RECOVERY quot I found and was able to open the quot regedit quot window which seems to function properly How shall I proceed I am posting this via my iPad and I have a desktop as well as a second laptop to download files and burn discs nbsp

A:Dell Inspiron Laptop won't boot

This does not appear to be a Malware issue. Winzip Registry Optimizer is a legit program, but you have learned the hard way how much damage a registry optimizer can do to your system, chances are it has messed up the registry resulting in all the problems that you now have.

There are two ways to deal with this. Take the hard drive out of the system and hook it up to a desktop PC using the internal wiring (or externally using a USB adapter) and format the OS partition, taking great care not to touch the Recovery partition. You should then be able to re-fit the hard drive and run the Factory Restore.

Another method would be to use Gparted which you can download from Here

You need to burn the ISO to a CD which you can then use to boot the faulty PC. It can then be used to format the OS drive and set the Flags so it will boot up directly from the Recovery partition which will allow you to reinstall the OS.

If you need further instructions then please ask.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-inspiron-laptop-wont-boot.1077384/
Relevancy 60.63%

hi i have a dell inspiron laptop 1000) (dell laptop inspiron Hot and have had it for almost a year now ive have noticed that the laptop gets very hot Hot laptop (dell inspiron 1000) when on even for short periods of time and the exhaust vent at the rear blows only very hot air out it has a intake fan underneath the laptop but since that is always in direct contact with the table the intake of cool air and circulation is poor it has been hot like this from the time i bought it and as yet has posed no problems i would like to know if it is normal for a laptop mine in particular to be this hot when on and if any of the cooling methods for laptops such as the notebook coolers are either good or useless in cooling the laptop i would like to get at least a few more years use out of my dell so id like to know if the heat will affect its lifespan any help much appreciated many thanks in advance nbsp

A:Hot laptop (dell inspiron 1000)

i have a gateway laptop, i believe its a ...*looking through manual*...i believe the 450series. and my laptop is on the table and i touch the bottom and whew its hot, like i touch it and this happens to my finger :hotouch: , im been looking at like laptop coolers, some people just say they are a waste of moeny, while others say that they cool the laptop very well. as you know p4 chips run at very high temperatures. opinons opinons need help with overheating laptops :hotouch: :hotouch: ...

and for your problem 0b3, if its a p4 chip then it should be running pretty hot, if its a celeron im not sure cause i never bought a celeron before, so you got to ask someone else

i just want to know if a laptop coolers is a good investment

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hot-laptop-dell-inspiron-1000.28529/
Relevancy 60.63%

hi all
i have dell (inspiron M5030) laptop and i have a built-in camera and i want it driver

however i went to dell website looking for the driver but i didn't know what's my camera's driver they gave me this list:
Application (3)
Audio (1)
BIOS (1)
Chipset (2)
Communications (4)
Diagnostics (1)
Drivers for OS Deployment (2)
Input (1)
Network (4)
Removable Storage (2)
Serial ATA (3)
System Utilities (1)
Video (1)

and i didn't know which one is for the camera i know it is funny but i couldn't know

so i need your help guys

thank you

A:i have dell (inspiron m5030) laptop

I think that it is not there. Should be a category with "camera" or "imaging device" or similar in the name.

Maybe it's a "generic" camera and Windows can find the driver. Else contact Dell and ask about it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-have-dell-inspiron-m5030-laptop.1099528/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hey Windows 7 Users. I want to make my Laptop a lot better and faster but I'm not sure on what to upgrade. Take a look at my specs and could you tell me on what I could upgrade? I know that I cannot upgrade my Graphics Card because of Intel's Intergrated Cards but what else could I upgrade? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks and have a good day

A:Upgrading My Dell Inspiron Laptop

They aren't cheap, but you will benefit from a SSD (solid state drive).

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/106116-upgrading-my-dell-inspiron-laptop.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi people hope you are laptop 6400 inspiron Dell all well This is my first post and I hope you can help me because I feel I am going in sane else I have a Bought a Dell inspiron laptop It is Dell inspiron 6400 laptop running Vista Dell inspiron 6400 laptop and everything works perfectly except the sound Dell inspiron 6400 laptop I have unistalled drivers intalled the Dell drivers as recommended but still nothing There is no sound at all on start up windows sound internet media player I have even tried to plug it in to the super video outlet and play it through a TV and still no sound I have tried the head phone socket with good headphones and that does not work either I have taken it apart to check the speakers and cables and they are plugged in correctly and not broken and the cable is good I think it must be down to the motherboard that controls the sound because the laptop dictates everything is working correctly and when you play music you can see the bars jumping in tune it is though you have got the sound turned down to it is set on Any help guys n girls Den nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

Dell 5150 Inspiron running XP Home. Suddenly, during use, screen turned deathly blue. I turned off with power button and restarted. Got blue screen with flashing horizontal line in upper left corner of blue screen. Tried inserting original XP program Disk and restarted. Same thing. Started holding f2, f12, fn key and every other key I could think of. Always the same flashing line and blank blue screen. Removed battery and ac power. Replaced both and tried. Same thing. Removed hard drive and reinserted it. Same thing.

Im out of ideas other than the computer junk yard. Hate to lose info on hard drive but computer not worth salvage. It's just a challenge now. There's got to be a solution but I cannot get control of the device to test it or give it instructions.

I'd love some suggestions.

Philip

A:Can't Boot Dell inspiron laptop

See if you can get anything on a monitor connected to the VGA port. Does it at least sound like it is booting normally?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-boot-dell-inspiron-laptop.660743/