Windows Support Forum

Looking to buy new Laptop

Q: Looking to buy new Laptop

Ok so currently I have a Gateway NV about years old it worked great Tonight Laptop buy to Looking new I was stupid Looking to buy new Laptop and took it apart Well that wasn t the so stupid part I ve been working on computers for years so it s not like I was completely clueless Well I took a part of the base off and reached down to disconnect a wire from its socket and for some reason the tiny wire Looking to buy new Laptop just snapped off and is now completely unusable and as it was the monitor power wire it s all but useless So guess it s a good a reason as any to look into buying a new laptop I don t really game on it a lot but I do play some very basic text and java games just mainly youtube movies things like that at p Would prefer to get a p viewable laptop but it s not that important Basicaly I want a cheapish lappie that can do the job of my old one So would I be better off buying some netbook or chromebook or something Or would I even be able to find a viable solution in a laptop Problem is I have no clue what to get I got this one from bestbuy many years ago but I really don t pay much attention to the laptop area as I don t heavily do work on them so was hoping someone else could give me some options opinions nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Looking to buy new Laptop

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Looking to buy new Laptop

If the power wire for the laptop screen was the only wire that snapped off, it might be able to be fixed. Do you have computer repair shops in your area? You could call them and ask for an estimate on a repair to see if it would be more cost effective instead of buying a new laptop.
If your looking to get a new laptop anyway then:
What is your budget for the new laptop? How big of a screen would you like?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-to-buy-new-laptop.207085/
Relevancy 25.8%

I just bought 2 brand new laptops, both running Windows 7 Home Premium, both connected via a wireless router. Laptop A is an HP, Dads (mine). Laptop B is a Compaq, sons. Was having trouble getting either one to see each other on the homegroup network. Verified I have ipv6 enabled. Read to turn off firewalls. That seemed to work for mine, laptop A, but my sons, laptop B, still will not see mine. But I see his.

I have ran the troubleshooter on sons, laptop B, and it doesn't detect any problems. Is there anything else I should try? I have left the Homegroup and rejoined on both laptops. Thats when mine (laptop A) started seeing sons (laptop B). But doesn't work when I leave and rejoin on sons.

Why does it have to be so frustrating? Any help or info would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you. DadsComputer (Laptop A)

A:Laptop A sees laptop B on the Homegroup, Laptop B will not find A

Seems to have fixed problem itself. Love when that happens.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/199613-laptop-sees-laptop-b-homegroup-laptop-b-will-not-find.html
Relevancy 23.65%

Since i bought a new laptop E7270, is it allowed to use my power adaptor my old Dell E6420 also for the new one?   If so i can use one adaptor at home and another in office and dont need to carry the power adaptor always.
Will this impact the battery performance of the new laptop?

A:If it is possible to use the power adapter of E6420 for my new laptop E7270? Will it impact the battery of the new laptop?

If the connector fits (it may not - the older systems use a much larger barrel connector than many of the new ones), AND the power (wattage) is equal or greater, yes.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19984388
Relevancy 23.65%

I have a PC and a laptop both Win Pro bit I can in laptop Homegroup, Solved: Laptop access files through but PC can't shared library create homegroup from both PC and laptop and can be successfully connected and the laptop can always access to the PC shared libraries regardless of whether the PC or laptop creates the homegroup HOWEVER the PC always cannot access to the laptop s shared libraries The printer is connected to the PC through USB and the laptop can used the printer through homegroup to print regardless whether PC or laptop creates the homegroup I used kaspersky internet security for both laptop and PC and with Windows firewall enabled I tried to disable Windows firewall on both PC and laptop then try to access the laptop shared libraries but to no success I have read some threads but not so similar to my issue PLEASE HELP ME in this issue I tried ping to the laptop s IP address or name but it comes with the following Microsoft Windows Version Solved: PC can't access shared library files in Laptop through Homegroup, but laptop Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users user gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Users user gt My NBTSTAT -n and ipconfig all are as followed generated from the PC Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users user gt NBTSTAT -n Local Area Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id NetBIOS Local Name Table Name Type Status --------------------------------------------- DARRENGCG lt gt UNIQUE Solved: PC can't access shared library files in Laptop through Homegroup, but laptop Registered DARRENGCG lt gt UNIQUE Registered DGMGOH lt gt GROUP Registered DGMGOH lt E gt GROUP Registered Local Area Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id No names in cache C Users user gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name DarrenGCG Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List gateway wire net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address C-F - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f ad ff b f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday March PM Lease Expires Tuesday March PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - B- - - C-F - - - - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address C-F - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap gateway wire net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e e c f ddb Prefer red Link-local IPv Address fe e c f ddb Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Users user gt nbsp

A:Solved: PC can't access shared library files in Laptop through Homegroup, but laptop

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-pc-cant-access-shared-library-files-in-laptop-through-homegroup-but-laptop.908578/
Relevancy 23.65%

Basically i have a DVDs. do from Recovery Lenovo Laptop Creating wont media me Laptop let Lenovo ThinkPad L laptop I've created the recovery DVDs but unbeknown to me at the time - you're only allowed to create one set What i'd like Creating Lenovo Laptop Recovery media from DVDs. Laptop wont let me do is to put this onto a USB stick Currently i have DVD - Boot Media mb The boot DVD containing quot BOOT quot folder BootMgr file which is quite small amp Winre Wim at about mb DVD - Data DVD GB factory recovery folder recovery folder amp Autorun file DVD - Data DVD GB factory recovery folder amp recovery folder NO autorun file DVD - Data DVD GB factory recovery folder recovery folder LenovoQDrive file qdrive icon file My USB stick is GB capacity So basically i'd like to make Creating Lenovo Laptop Recovery media from DVDs. Laptop wont let me do the USB stick the recovery media I can't do this from the laptop as Lenovo only let you create one so how can i do this Can i do this would be the first question amp if so - how

A:Creating Lenovo Laptop Recovery media from DVDs. Laptop wont let me do

Hi Nelly I also have an Lenovo its a different model than yous is but I can make as many copies of the recovery discs
as I want . You could make a systems image which would be a lot better than the recovery discs as with them you will always have the bloated software that comes with Lenovo models saying that you would need a lot more space than your 16gb usb drive .

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/272713-creating-lenovo-laptop-recovery-media-dvds-laptop-wont-let-me-do.html
Relevancy 23.65%

I recently purchased an ASUS A DG-EHFX to take over for my wife's Win ASUS K IJ-BBZ both are -bit Obviously getting Windows up and running out of the box was a breeze Configuring WLAN connectivity was Win7 trouble working New laptop, files/settings xferring from laptop also New laptop, trouble xferring files/settings from working Win7 laptop easy even though I have a hidden SSID and access control on devices on the router Even getting Office up and running was fine - just uninstalled from the old computer downloaded an installer file from Microsoft using the product key and that was fine The one hiccup has been getting my files and configuration settings such as browser history and passwords and cookies from the old computer to the new I have read that one can run Windows Easy Transfer on a Win machine which I did to an external HD then copy the migwiz and migration folders from the system subfolder of the Win machine to somewhere on the new machine and run the migwiz exe program from the migwiz folder This appeared to quot know what it was doing quot - it identified the user profiles captured in the transfer data and allowed me to select which ones to transfer But when the process completed I can't find any of the files from the Win laptop and I can't see any of the profiles and configurations - the files themselves or evidence that the computer is accessing them Also the old laptop had a C D HD partition as does this and it was pretty much program files on C and data docx and xlsx files etc on the D partition After running migwiz the new computer still has usage of D Without buying or using new software what's the easiest way to rectify this I'll happily manually copy folders from the old Win to the new Win as long as I know where they're supposed to go It would be great though if the quot run migwiz exe quot advice worked as well for me as it has for many who've recommended the approach

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/62443-new-laptop-trouble-xferring-files-settings-working-win7-laptop.html
Relevancy 23.65%

i recently bought a used toshiba sattelite laptop while out of town - got it back home and found that its password protected, o.s. is windows xp home, how do i get around this ?

A:i recently bought a used toshiba sattelite laptop - help... password protected laptop

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-recently-bought-a-used-toshiba-sattelite-laptop-help-password-protected-laptop.529235/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hello all - first time poster on this forum I have a bust up fairly old Intel Celeron mhz laptop which could do with a new case shell not a bag it needs the equivalent of a new desktop tower but I don t case/processor (Laptop) Model - needed laptop AJP 6133 new number know where to find one I believe this is just a clone of similar laptops made around the same time and the model number is I was wondering if anybody knew somewhere I could purchase replacement shells cases and if they stocked a case for this computer Everything on the laptop works fine except for a dodgy monitor cable which would be fixed by moving everything into the new shell so I (Laptop) Model number 6133 AJP laptop - new case/processor needed don t intend to sell it for parts I m also quite experienced in fiddling with computers my dad s a PC engineer (Laptop) Model number 6133 AJP laptop - new case/processor needed so I ve picked up quite a bit from him and he is willing to help me get this laptop into tip top condition again I was also wondering if it would be possible to upgrade the motherboard and processor At the moment it s (Laptop) Model number 6133 AJP laptop - new case/processor needed a mhz intel celeron but I d rather go with an AMD athlon of some sort as I believe them to be generally better If anybody knows where I can purchase laptop motherboards to fit certain needs any help there would be gladly appreciated am looking for a socket A motherboard If the upgrade to Athlon is not possible I would like to know what the upgradability of my current motherboard is - I shall be looking inside the laptop within the next few days and can probably provide a number for it I think that with a few adjustments new case new processor more ram and a bigger hard disk I can get this baby up to a high standard rather than forking out a grand on a new PC Thanks for the help Matt nbsp

A:(Laptop) Model number 6133 AJP laptop - new case/processor needed

Howdy and welcome to the Forum.

Have you contacted the Manufacturer regarding replacement parts? That's where I would start.

BUT to be honest, although you do not give all the specs of the PC, I'd be willing to bet that you could replace the whole thing with a new laptop cheaper than replacing parts like case, MOBO, Processor, RAM, and HD !!!

So unless there is some "sentimental value", like the case broke stopping a bullet shot at you by terrorists...I'd shop for a new unit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-model-number-6133-ajp-laptop-new-case-processor-needed.370636/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi I have recently purchased a Sony Vaio Laptop with wifi support that is inbuilt or = Sony P5E3 laptop Asus problem on Wifi + Laptop motherboard Vaio Deluxe onboard I already have a Asus P E Deluxe motherboard at my home with ram gb gtx card and a quad core processor Now I connect this pc with a broadband connection at home running mbps speed This motherboard also has a wifi onboard connection What I Sony Vaio Laptop + Asus P5E3 Deluxe motherboard = Wifi problem on laptop am trying to do is setup this wifi connection so that my laptop can also connect to the internet wirelessly For this I have installed the wifi driver of Asus something called Asus WiFi-AP n software and configured it with giving it a proper connection name and a password I have successfully done all the wifi network setup wizard on the pc and it is working well Now the problem is that my laptop is able to find this wifi connection but after sometime it gives an error saying to troubleshoot network connection and the wifi network disappears from the laptop and again i Sony Vaio Laptop + Asus P5E3 Deluxe motherboard = Wifi problem on laptop have to search for this wifi network and the cycle continues Similarly when I am trying to connect my Nokia e mobile phone with the pc via wifi my phone is able to pickup the wifi connection and sometimes it is able to connect to the internet and I am also able to browse different websites but sometimes it gives me a gateway time out error So can anyone tell me how can i connect my sony vaio laptop to the internet wirelessly by using the Asus P E Deluxe WiFi-AP n connection Also if possible then please let me know how to connect my phone as well which is a secondary question Thank you in advance Note that - The operating system that I am using on my pc with Asus P E Deluxe motherboard is having Windows XP installed on it and on the sony vaio laptop windows is installed nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-laptop-asus-p5e3-deluxe-motherboard-wifi-problem-on-laptop.955799/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello there We have a WRT One Solved: slow laptop...HELP!! fast network Wireless one laptop, - N Linksys router updated firmware with very recent Solved: Wireless network - One fast laptop, one slow laptop...HELP!! laptops Intel Core Duo CPU T GHz GB RAM -bit running Windows - fully updated connected to our wireless network Last week everything was fine Two days ago the internet connection for my laptop became intermittently VERY slow The internet service we have is for mbps I did a speed test but didn t have enough quot juice quot to finish the test Even if I load google com the page would time out or say that the server is down Downloading of email is also intermittently VERY slow I am unable to play any online games as my connection is not fast enough The other laptop works perfectly fine I scanned for viruses using Avira for malware using MalwareBytes and ran diagnostic tests for my wireless card All seems fine I called my ISP and they said that all is fine on their side We tried unplugging the router modem and rebooting the computer - no change I downloaded Xirrus WiFi Monitor and have enclosed the screenshot as well as my IP config all In my device manager I have the following under Network Adapters all updated Intel LF Gigabit Network Connection Intel WiFi Link AGN Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter My friend says it could be because of Second Life and all the java plugins it requires I could have a problem What could this be Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Solved: Wireless network - One fast laptop, one slow laptop...HELP!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-network-one-fast-laptop-one-slow-laptop-help.967083/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi I bought a new laptop - HP Compaq Presario Intel Pentium Processor T GHz GB Hard Drive GB RAM nVidia GeForce G M with MB DDR dedicated graphics memory After a week i got the firs blue screen error after which it laptop dying? boot, laptop BAD_POOL_CALLER; won't a new screen Blue couldn t boot i couldn t even get to BIOS I was out of the country so my friend called the service staff who told him to try to run some tests that time it worked he got to BIOS ran the tests everything was fine and the laptop started up normally Now Blue screen BAD_POOL_CALLER; laptop won't boot, a new laptop dying? weeks after I m getting blue screens continuously and laptop won Blue screen BAD_POOL_CALLER; laptop won't boot, a new laptop dying? t boot If it boots and it usually happens when you hit it slightly though i don t know if it s a conincidence windows Blue screen BAD_POOL_CALLER; laptop won't boot, a new laptop dying? starts up normally and everything is working fine until the next blue screen shows up which disables my laptop all over again Blue screen looks like this BAD POOL CALLER Technical information STOP x C x xFE F DC x x Collecting data for crash dump Initializing disk for crash dump Beginning dump of physical memory Dumping physical memory to disk Physical memory dump complete Is it a software crash Can I run Win repair if I manage to boot it and how to do that Is it my hard disk problem What to do - - nbsp

A:Blue screen BAD_POOL_CALLER; laptop won't boot, a new laptop dying?

If you can get it to work by tapping on the machine, then it doesn't sound like a software problem. It could be a bad system board or memory.

I would call HP again and see about getting service on the hardware.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-bad_pool_caller-laptop-wont-boot-a-new-laptop-dying.931052/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi,

I have a strange problem and I can't find solution on internet. My 2 years old son was watching cartoons on my Laptop, he got excited and start hitting buttons on the keyboard. Some letters and numbers stooped working even arrows too...no sure what to do?

I have restated the laptop took off battery and did so many things What should I do?
please help

Thanks for your help

A:Laptop Keyboard main keys not working on Acer laptop

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

It is not hard to replace the keyboard.

See these search results for pricing and "hot to" videos.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/309462-laptop-keyboard-main-keys-not-working-acer-laptop.html
Relevancy 23.22%

My laptop (envy m6 1162la) was not using the graphics card (AMD Radeon 7640M). I tried reinstalling the software AMD Catalyst but it wasn't detecting it either. I checked the windows device manager and the graphics card was greyed out (had to turn the option to show hidden devices because it wasn't showing). I tried updating drivers but it kept showing an error message (Code 45). Then I followed the steps in this guide and tried uninstalling the device, rebooting and reinstalling. Now it's not even showing in the manager, and I can't find the driver download page in the HP website. I also checked the AMD legacy software (catalyst) because it said it included the old drivers, but no luck so far. I'd appreciate any help in this matter. Thanks in advance.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Laptop-graphics-card-AMD-Radeon-undetected-on-laptop-Envy-m6/td-p/5785983
Relevancy 23.22%

My laptop wireless is on, but when I search for networks to connect to, no wireless options appear while the laptop next to me has 3 options and connected fine.
The only available connect is for a dial up that I have never seen before.
I am sure the laptop wireless is on as the blue signal light is on. The laptop has never had to be directly connected to a cord but I checked the wires and everything is fine, which is obvious as the laptop I am on is connected as normal.

Please help, I have already wasted over an hour of work time trying to figure out whatís wrong!

A:Solved: Networks aren’t showing up for my laptop, but a different laptop has perfect

would you post back the following tests
------------------------------------------------------------------------
{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Then run the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
{Device Manager}
Post back the results in device manager
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here
[------------------------------------------------------------------------
{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-networks-aren%C2%92t-showing-up-for-my-laptop-but-a-different-laptop-has-perfect.946626/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi..

I hope someone can help...

I have a SONY VAIO PCG-GRT170 that is 4 and a half years old....the display has stopped displaying.....

Wehn I plug in an external VGA monitor, I can see everything on the monitor.

I did the Function F5 kek, I did the WIndows Logo and D key to refresh the laptop monito to no avial.

It just automnatically stopped displaying last night. I shut it down, and reboooted and still nothing.

Id the screen on the laptop shot? If so, it is repariable or am I out of luck?

Thank you all for your help.

A:Laptop Display not working on laptop, butg it does work on old monitor

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-display-not-working-on-laptop-butg-it-does-work-on-old-monitor.742900/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have Nvidia GeForce 315M im trying to upgrade to a more preferable video card. Please reply ASAP

A:Can I Upgrade my Laptop's Video Card? Samsung Laptop RV411

Laptop video is a chip on the motherboard. The only way to upgrade would be to replace the motherboard.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/236377-can-i-upgrade-my-laptops-video-card-samsung-laptop-rv411.html
Relevancy 23.22%

My wifi connections goes off and only stay disconnecting on keeps other laptop Wifi phones one and connected laptop on on my Hp laptop several times in an hours time It stays off sometimes for two minutes and Wifi keeps disconnecting only on one laptop other laptop and phones stay connected sometimes for or more minutes My other laptop and phone stay connected to the wifi What do I need to do I found this site thru anther forum and I went to their link they had in the forum and it took me to the InSSider Page of this site I clicked on Wifi keeps disconnecting only on one laptop other laptop and phones stay connected the download link for WIndows and it downloaded and installed on my computer and then just went back to that same page I thought it was suppose to run a scan analyzer on my computer So where and what do I need to do for it to run a scan on my computer to check the channels being used and possible interference with my wifi Or if there is something else that I need to do to fix my wifi connection issue Thanks in advance nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-keeps-disconnecting-only-on-one-laptop-other-laptop-and-phones-stay-connected.219141/
Relevancy 23.22%

Have been having this problem for a while now Laptop Working on Powered Off is Headphone Laptop Jack Until Stops Every so often the headhphone jack on my laptop just stops working after hours and hours of the laptop being on The built-in speakers Headphone Jack on Laptop Stops Working Until Laptop is Powered Off of the laptop work fine What happens is that while the Headphone Jack on Laptop Stops Working Until Laptop is Powered Off computer is in use after some random amount of time any hardware plugged into the headphone jack of the laptop will not playback Headphone Jack on Laptop Stops Working Until Laptop is Powered Off sound This includes headphones speakers and the like The sound device manager in control panel shows sound being output and if the headphones speakers are disconnected the audio plays fine on the built-in speakers on the laptop I haven't been able to figure out what exactly causes this problem I have tried resinstalling the driver several times I am sure it isn't the headphones of the speakers that I use as I use these speakers and headphones on many other devices phone tablet etc The only way that this issue gets fixed is if the computer is shut down and then rebooted a restart doesn't work the computer has to literally lose power for the problem to be fixed It seems very intermittent and I'm not sure how to approach this problem Any ideas

A:Headphone Jack on Laptop Stops Working Until Laptop is Powered Off

One idea would be a look the power plan in use. If you are running with the default Balanced power plan you may be seeing that nterfere by conserving battery power temporarily turning the audio off being a constant drain. Another thought could be a result of the onboard audio chip itself getting too warm where the hardware protection circuit will then come in and deactivate all sound. That is usually seen as far as the cpu temp as well as other major components. The audio being onboard would also be monitored by the bios not so much by Windows.

The other possible cause of losing sound would be the headphone jack or the board end having a cold solder point getting warm and expanding just enough to break the connection until cooled off. The complete shutdown of power would tend to suggest a temp or regulation issue where either the power plan or temp monitoring would have to be watched. And one more thing would be setting the laptop on a fan cooled stand or effective notebook cooling pad to draw heat away from the unit if you are not already using one. Laptops are known to get quite warm with extended use since everything is packed into a tight space with the typical serious lack of air flow unlike the usual desktop with front, rear, and side or top case fans in use if not water cooled.

You have some things to consider in the list of things there. Increased overall cooling, not planning to use the laptop for extended periods of time which can allow for something to overheat if that is the case., changing the power plan to Performance if still set to the default Balanced might help. As for anything internal as far as a loose contact or cold solder point that would require a look once confirmed however by the factory or authorized service center/dealer where you could bring it in direct for examination.

The shutdown and restart could also be indication that the driver for the onboard is going to sleep on you or otherwise made inactive at random intervals and the fresh power up serves to refresh the driver as Windows loads it fresh all over again. Run into that one here at times but on a desktop machine.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/42519-headphone-jack-laptop-stops-working-until-laptop-powered-off.html
Relevancy 23.22%

I have a windows phone, more specifically a Nokia Lumia 635 and I have a Dell Inspiration 17 inch. I've paired my phone and laptop with blue tooth and they say Paired but i still can't send or receive texts.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438258-how-do-i-connect-my-phone-my-laptop-able-receive-send-texts-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 23.22%

First of all, I am not sure if I am posting this in the right section. If not, please guide me to the correct section.
I have a Dell Inspiron 17r SE Laptop and my problem is that every single time, I have to turn my Laptop ON twice in order for it to boot up successfully. The first time I turn it on, Dell logo appears for a second and then, black screen shows up. Then, I have to turn my laptop off and start it back again. Second time, it boots up without any problem. I am fed up of turning it on twice everytime, and also concerned that it will affect health of my Laptop . How can I fix this Issue, please help.
I don't have a Recovery CD or Windows 8 CD. Windows 8 was pre-installed on my Laptop.

A:Laptop screen goes black on startup, have to turn laptop ON twice for it to boot up s

If it's still under warranty, call Dell. The unit or parts might be covered for replacement.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/laptop-screen-goes-black-on-startup-have-to-turn-laptop-on-twice-for-it-to-boot-up-s-693137.html
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello ...
I have had a Toshiba C850-A965 laptop for 4 years
and it's been working perfectly
untill one day recently, a message poped up saying that there's something wrong with the battery and should be replaced, but it was still the same, works for an hour and a half approximately
But, I went ahead and bought a new battery, the message disappeared
and i fully charged and then started the laptop
it worked for about 15 mins and then it shut down ( like u took the plug off from a desktop computer) without any warning
when i turned it back on, it was still fully charged !!! and the shutting down happend again and again :(
the old battery is still working fine
so that must mean that there's nth wrong with my laptop right? and the battery is bad?
please give me your opinions
thank you for your precious time

A:laptop battery problem, laptop shut down suddenly

Could still be a faulty battery. It can read the correct voltage off load, but as soon as you put a load on it, it takes a dive. The battery status symbol is just that, a symbol. The only foolproof method of proving it is to replace it with a known good battery. Do you have any good friends with a similar laptop ?

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/laptop-battery-problem-laptop-shut-down-suddenly-4606017/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello Windows 10 Forums,
I am still a newbie here and right now
I am suffering a difficulty in fixing highly disk usage (almost 100%) every time I restart my laptop!
I am using Windows 10.

Every reboot made my laptop seems slow to start-up.
However, shutdown the laptop and start it back was okay though. The disk usage will stay at 3%-11% during start-up.
Furthermore, when I am using Microsoft Visual Studio or any heavy intensive disk usage programs, my laptop will lag
I have checked the task manager and it shows 100% disk usage but my CPU was still remain at 14-18%.

Please help me!
Sorry for my bad grammar.
Thank you

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/35326-my-laptop-disk-usage-100-every-time-i-reboot-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 23.22%

I used the media profile to download Windows 10 to a USB and everything worked fine but now there's another problem. My laptop was working after reinstalling Windows, but then I shut my laptop over and went away for ten minutes or so and I've came back to a black screen with no display at all. The white LED is on so my laptop is on. It has around 40% charge in it as of typing this. The screen is unresponsive. Please help again but thank you for helping me fix the first issue.

A:Re: I hard reset my laptop, error occurred and now my laptop...

Hi @kirsty_mcq17, Thanks for the update on your situation. I understand that you are now having issues with the display being blank and the system unresponsive. Have you tried doing a hard reset since the system stopped responding? If the system will not boot into Windows normally, let me know if you get any errors. You can also try using Safe mode. Once you are able to log back in, please make sure you download the latest HP drivers and Windows Updates. From what you described, it sounds like the system may have gone into sleep or hibernate mode. This document will take you through troubleshooting possible issues with those features. If you feel this post has answered your question, take a moment to click Accept as Solution. Thanks!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Re-I-hard-reset-my-laptop-error-occurred-and-now-my-laptop/td-p/5672477
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello guys, sorry for the inconvenience if anyone is acquainted with this problem please help me .. really this is a serious problem for me .. Thanks in advance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/382998-mobiles-cant-connect-my-laptops-bluetooth-nor-laptop-can-send.html
Relevancy 23.22%

I have a Sony Vaio with WIFI and an ALienware that does not have WIFI. I need to connect the Alienware to the Vaio with ethernet cable to access the net. I keep getting a IP address conflict message on the Vaio. The only thing I need the Vaio for is the WIFI connectivity. Will be purchasing a new PCI card (wireless adapter) soon but until I do... I need to make that connection on the Vaio a Hot Spot or the likes. Any surefire methodology to accomplish this task? Thanks so much for any help you can offer. Kirt (530)749-1110

A:Win XP, laptop#1 has WIFI, laptop #2 needs to connect thru #1 with ethernet cable

what operating systems are on the PCs

you should use ICS - internet connection sharing or bridge
what type of cable do you have - it may need a crossover cable if the pcs are old and do not have autosensing LAN connections
TURN ON ICS
TURN ON ICS - for internet sharing

General
-------
TURN ON ICS - for internet sharing
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Using-ICS-Internet-Connection-Sharing

XP
--
TURN ON ICS - for internet sharing - for windows XP
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/crawford_02july01.mspx

VISTA
-----
TURN ON ICS - for internet sharing - for windows VISTA
http://www.windowsreference.com/win...ternet-connection-sharing-ics-setup-in-vista/

windows 7
---------
TURN ON ICS - for internet sharing - for windows 7
http://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-7/bridge-network-connections-in-windows-7/

Bridging two network connections:
Make sure the secondary connection has DHCP enabled.
Open the Network Connections folder from the Start Menu, Settings.
Select the first connection to be used in the bridge and highlight it by left clicking on it.
Holding the Ctrl key, select the second connection to be used in the bridge by left clicking on it.
Right click on one of the two highlighted connections and select Bridge Connections.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-laptop-1-has-wifi-laptop-2-needs-to-connect-thru-1-with-ethernet-cable.1016997/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello there I have an one year-old ASUS K S Laptop Windows Home Premium GB Ram and HDD At the beginning my battery lasted gt hours in Balanced power mode which is the one I alway use and now due to regular use it last about hours Everything normal until here About months ago battery Laptop at powers laptop unexpectedly 20% off problem: i started playing this game in full screen with the battery on and it last about - minutes until it reached Laptop battery problem: laptop powers off unexpectedly at 20% the low battery warning left I would then plug the power on and resume the game charging the battery as well After a few weeks the warning stopped appearing in the desktop and the computer automatically hibernated left with the game still on So i plugged the ac power on and resumed the game right away This kept happening from that moment on every time i played the game it would reach battery left and hibernate for itself whereas it should appear the low battery warning at left where I would plug in the ac power and charge the battery without going into hibernation On top of that my sister kept stealing my ac charger for charging her Toshiba Satellite as she often forgets her own charger at her workplace Now at the present day when the battery reaches about - left the laptop power off unexpectedly as if I had pull the battery off of the laptop It must be from all those time it would reach left with the game still on that quot tired quot the battery and now it won't even last further than left It might be a problem with the battery or the ac charger that my sister used in another computer Both the battery and its respectively ac charger are the ones that came with the laptop Regards conhaqu

A:Laptop battery problem: laptop powers off unexpectedly at 20%

Do you still need assistance with this issue?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/322523-laptop-battery-problem-laptop-powers-off-unexpectedly-20-a.html
Relevancy 23.22%

i got a C855D-13N
at first it worked fine but now it keeps telling me to restart because it has some problem.
it shows up on a blue screen with a telling me it
BTW it not like it tell me to restart, it just restarts telling me that's what its doing
usually after restarting, the internet can not find any wireless connection things therefore I have to restart it again.

this is happening more frequently, what is wrong with it :S
please help me out
thanks in advance for any input

ps it kinda hard to say what the exact message says cause
A) it happens randomly
B) the way it goes to 100% is way too quick for me to write it down
sorry :S

A:Toshiba laptop keeps forcing me to restart laptop because of some problem :S

Often it's a driver issue. Since you are also having trouble with the wireless I'll take a stab in the dark and suggest make sure you have the latest wireless driver from Toshiba's web site.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-laptop-keeps-forcing-me-to-restart-laptop-because-of-some-problem-s.1091610/
Relevancy 23.22%

I need some help My manager s HD in the XP onto to Installing Windows HD laptop laptop) (then an external implanting her Dell Latitude laptop which lacks a cdrom has caught a boot sector virus The only solution was to take its HD out and put it into an external shell that connects to my computer via USB I was able to install the first half of Installing Windows XP onto an external laptop HD (then implanting to the laptop) the Windows XP step but when that was done and my computer restarted it did not complete the rest of the setup for the usb HD Basically I am wanting to install windows using the Latitude s code then putting the HD back in hoping it we be as if it s a new install Not sure if I have cleared up the entire situation but hope so If you follow and know what I am look for please help If you would like to help and need more explaining I have all the time in the world I appreciate any response have a good one nbsp

A:Installing Windows XP onto an external laptop HD (then implanting to the laptop)

Why not just put the drive in your machine and give it the basic install, swap it back, and then load the drivers.

Then, tell your Mgr to buy an external CD drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-windows-xp-onto-an-external-laptop-hd-then-implanting-to-the-laptop.680754/
Relevancy 23.22%

I created a usb boot drive with Rufus and , plugged it into a windows 10 pc that I want to upgrade! to windows 7 and all looked good because the bootdisk was accepted and said it was loading files to install windows but then just froze with the windows 7 logo.

I cant imagine , what the problem is afterall I booted from windows 10 , restart in uefi usb mode . All started well and then froze like that.

Everytime i try again it freezes on the windows 7 logo after install has started.

Is it possible to reinstall windows 7?

Possibly I did not make the right rufus , settings. Who knows what settings in Rufus to make? Or is this another problem again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/400883-asus-x552wa-laptop-freezes-when-installing-7-laptop.html
Relevancy 23.22%

two week ago my father bought this old acer laptop from someone who needed money I just found out that clearing need my father help the bought laptop, an Acer laptop old the PC perfomer installed inside says it has errors and its the at the my father bought an old Acer laptop, need help clearing the laptop ''Mauvais'' stage in french Yes my father bought an old Acer laptop, need help clearing the laptop my laptop is in french The laptop is an Acer laptop who has these stickers on it saying quot Intel Atom Inside quot quot Designated for Microsoft Windows XP quot quot energy star quot On two of the corners of the laptop is imprinted Aspire one What Im looking for is for the laptop to be just as if I just bought it from the store erasing most of the stuff without actually deleting some of the important stuff like Google Chrome Microsoft Word Paint and similar programs I don't own any usb drives except a really small one that is about two gigs or any disc drive thing I dont have much experience in computers nor can have contact with a tech savvy at the moment so please explain to me deeply what to do Also I did not browse the site So I do not know if a topic like this was already made Or if this is a the right place but yea help anyone

A:my father bought an old Acer laptop, need help clearing the laptop

The older Aspire Ones are unlikely to have drivers to let them run on Win 7 and XP's end of life is 04/08/2014. I had two Acer Aspire Ones and both were garbage (as were the Acer desktop, keyboard and mouse I had). Personally, I don't feel it's worth messing with. Hopefully, your father can get his money back.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/269179-my-father-bought-old-acer-laptop-need-help-clearing-laptop.html
Relevancy 23.22%

Heres my problem when I Moved from Laptop at boot restarts Laptop Support: turn on my Presario I get the Compaq screen then it goes to the windows xp loading screen and at the next step when it should Moved from Laptop Support: Laptop restarts at boot go to windows log in it flashes a blue screen too fast to read what it says and reboots Now I just signed up here a couple of minutes ago and when I got to this forum I saw the recovery sticky and tried those directions At the compaq screen I repeatedly tapped f but instead of giving me options per the instructions it seemed to do the diagnostic on it's own It passed a lot of the functions the only error being quot system cmos checksum bad- used default settings quot So I looked Moved from Laptop Support: Laptop restarts at boot up the error and it says the error could be three things bad cmos battery bad bios update or corruption due to incorrect shut down Now if I was to guess at one of these three options I'd guess it was the battery This is a pretty old laptop and as far as I know the battery has never been changed So heres my questions Does this sound like a plausible explanation of whats wrong I've had the hard drive go bad on me once before and the symptoms were completely different If it was the cmos battery would the laptop start with default settings even though I haven't changed the battery The laptop took a jolt shortly before this started happening is it possible something just came loose I had the laptop shut down on me once because the fan was clogged with dust and bound up overheated Now with this problem the fan starts up at boot but shuts down within seconds before the laptop starts to reboot Could this be the problem Or a symptom Thank you in advance for any help I'm not a computer dunce although I don't really know squat about laptops Thanks

A:Moved from Laptop Support: Laptop restarts at boot

Moving you to XP support. This is a Windows issue.

Can you boot into safe mode or do last known good config?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/moved-from-laptop-support-laptop-restarts-at-boot-184444.html
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi i know this has been posted alot but those posts have become expired so i tried the TCP IP stack repair and restarted it but nothing happened i restarted the modem restarted my laptop but still nothing im using a acer aspire z and this is what the ip laptop laptop computers Solved: wifi, other my but cant to and my other My connect ca all Solved: My laptop cant connect to my wifi, but my other laptop and other computers ca showed Windows IP Configuration Host Name Acer-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR B Solved: My laptop cant connect to my wifi, but my other laptop and other computers ca Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - C- F- -AE- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - A- A- B- -F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap AE E AB-EF - A- F- A C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Solved: My laptop cant connect to my wifi, but my other laptop and other computers ca Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes can anyone lend a hand nbsp

A:Solved: My laptop cant connect to my wifi, but my other laptop and other computers ca

will the PC connect by cable to the router OK

can you post an xirrus screen shot

are other devices able to connect by wireless to your network

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx ( the site now appears to require a business email, so try the direct link below)
Direct link to the program is here http://info.xirrus.com/Wi-FiInspectorConfirmation.html

{If the above link does not work heres alternative links

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Monitor-Download-99109.html

http://download.cnet.com/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector/3000-18508_4-75758254.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-inspectorguide-1-2-1-RevB-6.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)
Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

To post a screen shot of the active window.

Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/

Windows 8
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool (From the Windows 8 Start Screen, type "snip" and press enter.
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+PrntScr button to use Snipping Tool
see here
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/opinion/windows/3415854/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/3405830/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details ar... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-my-laptop-cant-connect-to-my-wifi-but-my-other-laptop-and-other-computers-ca.1110982/
Relevancy 23.22%

I just finished disassembling my first laptop ever which had a broken screen due to a drunken neighbor and am wondering if / what I can use the acquired parts for? This is the laptop that I disemboweled:

Samsung NP300E5A-A01UB Review & Rating | PCMag.com

which has a better processor than the current, newer one that I am using. I also recently purchased a desktop but I definitely need to increase the size of the hdd and am wondering if the laptop hdd can be used with the desktop? I have attached pictures of what I have pulled out of the Samsung. I look forward to your responses and really appreciate the helpful knowledge and / or advice. Thank you!

(I will attach the pictures right after this post. I took them on my phone and will upload from the win7 forums app. Am currently on laptop)

Jeremy

A:hdd, processor or RAM from laptop usable in my desktop or newer laptop

Hopefully images attached to this.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7Oe...p=docslist_api

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/340519-hdd-processor-ram-laptop-usable-my-desktop-newer-laptop.html
Relevancy 23.22%

First let me say when I have had issues I have always trusted this site I was using a Vista laptop and it started having issues I access? to laptop? from laptop jumping Virus Remote went online and tried to fix it myself It was getting slow and very busy It started losing internet connectivity but the router was fine I would have to reconnect to server often Att sent me a new wireless N router I was able to connect for a few minutes and now not at all Att wont help as they say it is a quot computer issue quot They said it was connected to a quot group quot Well we have a older Virus jumping from laptop to laptop? Remote access? laptop the one I am on and it has issues now It has not been being used because if it gets bumped it messes up and have to push on hard-drive and restart long story Anyway Since I have no other options I started using it Virus jumping from laptop to laptop? Remote access? It is XP It was running at cpu on the iexplore I would disable it I figured it was a virus went into hklm and Virus jumping from laptop to laptop? Remote access? changed the shell to correct setting from Explorer to explorer This helped alot Now my google looked different and the speakers were making a noise like someone touching a microphone The volumn was already choppy when we stopped using it long ago Most likely a virus even then While I was checking folders I went into logged firewall events and this computer was hit thousand s of times from my IP address of the Vista on Also today while watching the task manager i saw ping flash one time I dont think thats normal When looking at networking tab of the Task manager it showed activity at the bottom I dont want to be part of a group domain I ran a combo fix because I am sick of problems Can someone help me check this computer and then maybe the vista one next I think I have multiple viruses

A:Virus jumping from laptop to laptop? Remote access?

You should start a new thread here. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum22.html you will need to run the scans requested in the link as well as descripe your issue.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/456179/virus-jumping-from-laptop-to-laptop-remote-access/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi all,

Question is as per the subject line but the reason I ask is that although each laptop is visible to the other in Devices and Printers when I try to send a file from the Vista laptop to the Win 7 laptop I get a message failure message. On the Win 7 machine when I click the the bluetooth icon in the systray the option to 'Allow a Device to connect' is greyed-out and there is no alert that a device is trying to connect. A far as I can tell the bluetooth settings on both laptops are OK, adding a device was OK with the passwork handshake completed without problem.

Is this a driver issue, settings issue, or summat else?

Ta.

A:Can I transfer files from Vista laptop to Win 7 laptop via bluetooth?

Quote: Originally Posted by kanangus

Hi all,

Question is as per the subject line but the reason I ask is that although each laptop is visible to the other in Devices and Printers when I try to send a file from the Vista laptop to the Win 7 laptop I get a message failure message. On the Win 7 machine when I click the the bluetooth icon in the systray the option to 'Allow a Device to connect' is greyed-out and there is no alert that a device is trying to connect. A far as I can tell the bluetooth settings on both laptops are OK, adding a device was OK with the passwork handshake completed without problem.

Is this a driver issue, settings issue, or summat else?

Ta.

Couple of questions

Are you using "homegroup" for networking?

Is there no other way you can transfer like wifi (its faster)?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/103055-can-i-transfer-files-vista-laptop-win-7-laptop-via-bluetooth.html
Relevancy 23.22%

I'm in a complete PANIC right now because this is my work computer and I don't know how to get my email now.

Here's the deal: My old laptop died. Deader than dead. Won't even boot. I'm on another laptop now and I need to know how I can set up another windows mail account and, most importantly, transfer all of my email, contacts, etc. from my old windows mail.

Please help! I can't lose my emails and contacts!!!!

I had my old computer backed up with carbonite.com and I **think** my mail should've been back up. I hope so. If not, am I screwed? I'm lost. Somebody help please.

A:HELP!!!! Laptop died. How do I transfer Windows Mail to my new laptop?

If you used Windows Mail, it is just a matter of setting that up on your work computer, which mail provider did you have set as default mail handler ?
For example, i use Windows Mail, but, i have comcast.net set as my default mail, so, i can go to Tools, accounts, and go through those tabs after the default mail is selected. So, without putting your whole email here, what comes after the @ in your email address, mine is @comcast.net.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/293845-help-laptop-died-how-do-i-transfer-windows-mail-my-new-laptop.html
Relevancy 23.22%

I have been having problems keeping my touchpad and keyboard functioning after taking my laptop apart. In the first instance, my touchpad stopped working a couple weeks after the dissection. I took the computer back apart, and re-secured the touch pad jack in the motherboard connector, and it worked again.

The second instance, which I havent been able to solve, is the keyboard keys. Certain keys will stop working after some short time after taking apart the computer, usually a couple hours to a couple days.

I have tried readjusting the keyboard jack in the motherboard connector, also have tried turning off the computer and taking out the battery for a while.

Please help

Its an HP Pavilion dv5000 with Windows XP

A:Help! Laptop keys stop working after laptop dissection

Also Ive noticed that all of the keys that aren't functioning are clustered in one area on the keypad.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-laptop-keys-stop-working-after-laptop-dissection.926139/
Relevancy 23.22%

Guys am new to forum forgive me for my errors

my laptop hard disk is not working on my laptop but work on my pc. when I connect it to lap it jest hang on posting(power on self test) but when I connect it to my pc it works. also when I boot with linux mint cd it shows that hard disk is not good

A:Laptop hard disk is not working on my laptop but work on my pc

The partition is good (assuming you can read data when attached to the PC) but the MBR is corrupted.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-hard-disk-is-not-working-on-my-laptop-but-work-on-my-pc.192107/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi my laptop msi gt- dragon edition windows is having problem connecting to my home network its always disconnected showing the red x sign limited connection and sometimes do Help! connect laptop so to home network to wont Laptop but able other The settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network quot I have tried everything format factory setting delete network flush dns etc but its still not working I have to switch off and switch on the router everytime to connect to the wifi for a short time period after that it will disconnected again my router is tp-link wr nd help here is my ipconfig all status Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Help! Laptop wont connect to home network but other laptop able to do so Corporation All rights reserved C Users nabskim gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name MSI-nabz Help! Laptop wont connect to home network but other laptop able to do so Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address E- -E - F-CB- B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Killer e Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS Physical Address C- -A - F- E- A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Killer Wireless-N GHz and GHz Physical Address C- -E - F-CB- B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c c aa f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday August AM Lease Expires Sunday August AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- - C- - C- -A - A- -E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap C C-CD - FA- E - CEB D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d abd ec f ff Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe ec f ff Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Users nabskim gt nbsp

A:Help! Laptop wont connect to home network but other laptop able to do so

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-laptop-wont-connect-to-home-network-but-other-laptop-able-to-do-so.1130844/
Relevancy 23.22%

My laptop was running slow so I thought I would do a hard reset since I didn't have any important files on it. So I reset it and I got a blue screen error, then a listing screen with a popup box saying there was an error or my computer restarted and I should press OK to install. I found a solution online to get past the popup box, I don't remember what it was though, but now my laptop is stuck in a state of constant reboot. It goes like this:Blue HP Logo with loading circle,Black screen,Blue HP Logo,Installing and configuring Windows install screen that doesn't move past 64%,And then black screen. This process constantly repeats.Please help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/I-hard-reset-my-laptop-error-occurred-and-now-my-laptop-is/td-p/5671630
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi everyone Got a bit of a problem which I need help on please The screen has my Screen Laptop Laptop on gone blank Dell M1530 gone blank but works on an external monitor this only started to happen after I Laptop Screen gone blank on my Dell M1530 Laptop let my son use my laptop he and his friends have connected their iPads etc for films and music but strangely sometimes it comes on without any problem when I boot up as normal so it is still working this has happened on other occasions Laptop Screen gone blank on my Dell M1530 Laptop I am sure it can be rectified but I don't have a clue really See below for what I have tried so far Checked monitor display - it shows the external monitor as the primary display only and I can't seem to get it to display the laptop monitor Checked the internet for possible solutions but could not properly understand everything to rectify the problem Could it possibly be anything to do with the amount of memory that has beenused up my son has used most of it for his music amp films etc Please help Cheers folks Kenny Khan Wales UK gt

A:Laptop Screen gone blank on my Dell M1530 Laptop

Hi and welcome to TSF try page 42 here http://support.dell.com/support/edoc...RU335A01MR.pdf

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-screen-gone-blank-on-my-dell-m1530-laptop-663852.html
Relevancy 23.22%

First let me say when I have had issues I have always trusted this site I was using a Vista laptop and it started having issues I went online and tried to fix it myself It was getting slow and very busy It started losing internet connectivity but the router was fine I would have to reconnect to Remote laptop Virus from laptop? to jumping access? server often Att sent me a new wireless N router I was able to connect for a few minutes and now not Virus jumping from laptop to laptop? Remote access? at all Att wont help as they say it is a quot computer issue quot They said it was connected Virus jumping from laptop to laptop? Remote access? to a quot group quot Well we have a older laptop the one I am on and it has issues now It has not been being used because if it gets bumped it messes up and II have to push on hard-drive and restart long story Anyway Since I have no other options I started using it It is XP It was running at cpu on the iexplore I would disable it I figured it was a virus went into hklm and changed the shell to correct setting from Explorer to explorer This did not matter as the next day it corrected itself I thought it helped at first as it quieted down and my google page looked different My speakers were making a noise like someone touching a microphone The volumn was already choppy when we stopped using it long ago Most likely a virus even then as it happened suddenly While I was checking folders I went into logged firewall events and this computer was hit thousand s of times from my IP address of the Vista on Also today while watching the task manager i saw quot ping quot flash one time I dont think thats normal When looking at networking tab of the Task manager it showes activity at the bottom I dont want to be part of a group domain I ran a combo fix prior to getting the idea of coming for help because I was sick of problems It seems to have helped some Can someone help me check this computer and then maybe the vista one next I think I have multiple viruses This computer I am using has downloads on it that are for vista I tried to uninstall Silverlight and It cant uninstall due to quot This patch package could not be opened contact the vendor to verify this is a valid windows installer package There are two Silverlights downloaded today as part of a update The first one gave this msg and the second has numbers after it and says it cannot be uninstalled I uninstalled my avast because it was not acting right I also uninstalled Malwarebytes and redownloaded it I question anything downloaded since I am pretty sure I have a virus Scans complete too guickly I am attaching the two logs requested I ran the GMER three times I dont know if it really ever completed It did not pop open a txt file I saved it because it quit scanning Also it only took about minutes to run When I ran one on the other computer it took about hours Please let me know if the logs are not ok Also I have uninstalled a couple of programs since I ran them I am disable bedbound with no energy so it took me a while to re-post my problem as requested My goal is to check for virus s and check my internet connection for safety

A:Virus jumping from laptop to laptop? Remote access?

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! HELP!!!!
I just turned of the wifi to my computer. I tried again to save my files using Cobian. Downloaded 9 so I could better understand its use. It created the folder to save to. It then went red letter ACCESS DENIED, then ....PROCESS IN USE BY ANOTHER PROCESS. I then tried to open a tab and it couldnt display. I turned off my wifi and kept hitting the refresh button on the tab and in the address bar at the bottom it reads (I took a Paint picture)
"Waiting for res://ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm" They cant even spell server. I just used paypal. Is my password safe? This thing is jumping our laptops. I am afraid to do anything......

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/456348/virus-jumping-from-laptop-to-laptop-remote-access/
Relevancy 23.22%

Why when i put on my laptop charger laptop goes up to 80 degrees celicus It gets really hot but when i take it off it goes down

A:When putting in laptop charger, laptop goes up to 80 degrees celcius

Thats because the system "steps down" the CPU, GPU, Display brightness among other thing when the computer is running on batteries. With some tweaking you can make it run at 80 degrees all the time, but your battery wont last long. You may also notice it responds a bit better when running on mains. With regards to getting it to run cooler on mains. I have never really tried tuning a computer the other way but someone here may be able to advise. I was expecting to see AMD CPU in your specs and I would in that case say it was normal. Other than that you may have high levels of dust build-up or failed fans inside. If you know someone experienced with laptop repair you could get them to take a look and give it a clean out.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/289187-when-putting-laptop-charger-laptop-goes-up-80-degrees-celcius.html
Relevancy 23.22%

I'm running home edition in both and trying to export contacts from old vista laptop to flash drive, then import to 'people' on win 10 laptop . Do I do it as csv -common separated values ...or vCards (folder of .vcf files)
thanks in anticipation of a solution.

A:Moving contacts data from vista laptop to win 10 laptop

Hi Pjollop, I'm sure someone has much clearer picture on this, but my impression is that the traditional address book seems to have gone, part of a trend in Windows design from Vista onwards particularly.
"Today, there seems to be no substantive reason to have Windows Contacts. You can use it with other applications, such as Outlook and Windows Mail, but those applications have their own address books. Moreover, if you use another type of e-mail, such as Gmail or Yahoo! Mail, then you most surely use the address book with those."
What is the Windows Contacts Folder and Why Do You Need it?

Note that the contacts folder still exists, and clicking on a .contact entry in it produces a relevant Window.
Despite there being an entry there, the People app shows no contacts, indicating it knows nothing of the old format and does not use that folder.

"Open with" on a *.contact file shows it is associated with 'Windows Contacts', yet there seems to be neither a known program nor exe of such name.

It is also very hard to find any relevant info on this topic for Windows 10.

Fortunately I use Thunderbird... long deterred from relying on Windows email clients after MS chopping and changing - we'll have one, no we won't- we'll change the email client - we'll leave most of the client in but won't make it available- etc.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/25821-moving-contacts-data-vista-laptop-win-10-laptop.html
Relevancy 23.22%

Ok, I have a host computer that uses DSL. It is connected to the internet through a Router, I use a LAN connection. I have the host computer connected to the router, and 2 more computers directly connected to the router. All 3 computers have internet access and work.

Now, I want to get my Laptop to run on the internet like the others. So I disconnected one of the 2 computers and put the plug into the router.

How do I create a new connection on my Laptop? I tried messing around, but I donít want to damage anything. It seems different on the laptop, than the two desktop computers. I use a Linksys router by the way (BEFSR41).

Please help, thanks!.

A:Solved: Creating a new Laptop connection through router? (laptop)

"... put the plug into the router"

Does this mean you connected the laptop to the router via ethernet cable?

And it doesn't connect?

Do the LEDs on the router and laptop light, indicating both ports recognize a cable connection? What Windows version on the laptop? Can you go into Network Connections, click on the LAN connection, and tell us what shows up in the Details section in the left pane (I'm assuming Windows XP)?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-creating-a-new-laptop-connection-through-router-laptop.414959/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi I m experienced on home computing but have no experience with laptops or internet while traveling so I have a bunch of questions I m going to be doing a lot of and Laptop for Internet while Buying Laptop Advice Traveling RV and auto traveling all over the U S So I want to purchase a good laptop and be able to have the internet as much as possible So the Internet for Laptop while Traveling and Laptop Buying Advice first question is Any recommendations as Internet for Laptop while Traveling and Laptop Buying Advice far as good laptops for a person who travels a lot I could probably spend up to without the DW getting too wild What should I make sure I have in my laptop to Internet for Laptop while Traveling and Laptop Buying Advice be able to connect with the internet wherever I am My cellphone contract is almost due and I ve read some articles about getting a digital cellphone and using that as an access to the internet Good idea or not Any company have better plans and service than others What do I need to know so I don t get talked into buying unnecessary plans equipment etc We will be staying in hotels sometimes the RV other times What would I want to have in my laptop so I could access any free internet available I ve read some stuff about wifi hotspots and hotels having rj jacks etc but I guess I m at the point now where I ve read so much that I am just overwhelmed with information Any ideas like what would you do in my situation I am also going to be using the laptop at home Wisconsin Arizona so I d like to know a simple if possible way to be able to somehow use my home internet service with both my home pc and my laptop I have Charter cable internet service at home Windows xp home edition Also I m experienced with xp and I really like it Should I get a laptop with xp or vista I know it s a lot ground to cover but like I said I m a newbie at the whole laptop traveling thing so I d really appreciate any help Is there a website that explains all this Maybe a FAQ Thanks a lot in advance Eddie nbsp

A:Internet for Laptop while Traveling and Laptop Buying Advice

Many RV travelers have a directional antenna and a WAP (Wireless Access Point) to connect to WiFi. One of the major issues is weak signals, a good directional antenna can be aimed at the source and make a big difference. I'm led to believe that many RV parks supply WiFi connections. . Decent cellular data access is pretty expensive, $60-100/mo, probably a bit steep for your intended use.

There is no way you need to spend more than $1000-1200 for a nice laptop Any laptop will offer wired and wireless connectivity nowadays. I bought my HP DV9207US laptop through the bargain sites listed below, and I paid $800 for it. I added 2gigs of memory and an additional 120gig hard disk, and have a total of less than $1000 invested. It's certainly more than sufficient for your stated needs.

Deal News

Tech Bargains

More Stuff 4 Less

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-for-laptop-while-traveling-and-laptop-buying-advice.603826/
Relevancy 23.22%

How to identify a laptop sound card after opening a laptop?

A:How to identify a laptop sound card after opening a laptop?

If you have a soundcard, it would be identified in the Device Manager.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/299898-how-identify-laptop-sound-card-after-opening-laptop.html
Relevancy 23.22%

Old laptop is asus u jc-a New laptop i bought is a sager laptop My asus laptop has lot of problems First off when connected to Question Old From Transferring Beeping Laptop New Laptop to Files a monitor monitor would go to sleep or power save depending on the type of monitor I had thought this was a monitor issue until i saw this was with several monitors so issue is my laptop Someone mentioned its the driver but when i downloaded the driver online computer always had black screen after installing it and i had to system restore it every time Besides that there is a constant beeping sound with the laptop If i have the laptop on for say hours iit probably beeps at least times at least an hour It would beep beep beep every few seconds You might Transferring Files From Old Beeping Laptop to New Laptop Question even hear beeps in minute Sometimes it doesn't beat for minutes or so but then go back on beeping Someone said this either has to do with motherboard or ram First off how would i know which is it Also i do plan to do a clean resintall as well Is there a chance if i do the clean reinstall the beeping problem would go away or absolutely not Back to my original question though i would like to transfer a database from old computer to the new sager one I mainly play online poker and use this program called holdem manager that has all the hands i played and i could transfer it to the new laptop but doing a backup and restore Thus i would have that file put it on box com then transfer it to the new laptop I know many ppl who play online poker do this when they do a clean reinstall or buy new computer What im a bit worried about is since my asus laptop has lot of problems such as connecting monitor has issues and most importantly the constant beeping which means its a motherboard or ram or driver problem is there any chance i could transfer some damage to the new laptop this way The database is going to be huge in terms of gb so i can't just transfer it with a usb and need to download it to box com or similar online storage site

A:Transferring Files From Old Beeping Laptop to New Laptop Question

Computer POST and beep codes are how a mobo tells you there are problems. Reinstalling will not resolve this as it is a hardware issue.

You can't transfer any hardware problems to the new PC by moving data files over so I would do it as soon as possible, and before running any further hardware tests provided in Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7

Another way to transfer the file is to put both of the PC's on the same Homegroup and share the file to copy it via the Homegroup - Create

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/350903-transferring-files-old-beeping-laptop-new-laptop-question.html
Relevancy 22.79%

I would like to copy an application that was installed on one laptop to another laptop without having the actual application. I know there are files (DLLs, etc.) which go into several different directories and that the registry gets updated with the app's info.

I know I can copy the directory under "Program Files", the obvious files from the System32 directory, and everything obvious in the registry, but I know I might not get everything I need.

What utility finds all information installed on a PC/laptop when an app is installed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/copy-app-from-laptop-to-laptop-without-actual-app-winxp-pro-on-both.221661/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi so I am usually able to figure things out myself when it comes to computers just by clicking around but I need some expert help with this conundrum My old laptop a Lenovo Thinkpad had a weird issue once where it hid some of my files but when I called Netflix to fix my streaming the guy helped me make my files re-appear These files and folders can be opened edited and played just like regular files BUT the folders files laptop new hidden from laptop?! to formerly old Transferring appear lighter than other folders like the manilla is more grayish than if I created a brand new folder I didn t think this was an issue until I bought a new dell inspiron laptop this month and tried to move the files from the old computer to the new computer Example My document folder has items which means folders and loose word documents plus documents within the folders When I highlighted all the stuff in the documents folder and dragged it to my Seagate external hard drive it said that it was copying all things which included regular colored folders and the light colored folders from the hidden incident When I tried to drag all of the folders both regular and grayish colored folders into the dell laptop the greyish ones did not appear on the new computer I made sure that the external hard drive shows the hidden folders and on the old laptop if I click on the folder Transferring formerly hidden files from old laptop to new laptop?! marked Tudors Season which I bought btw the folder says that it is empty but when I open it the episodes are all there and can be watched through WMP I have no idea how to get this stuff onto my new computer if I cannot get it off of the external hard drive Someone please help me I don t want to have to re-download and pay for all of this Transferring formerly hidden files from old laptop to new laptop?! stuff or email myself a ton of files nbsp

A:Transferring formerly hidden files from old laptop to new laptop?!

They're marked hidden. It's as simple as that. All Netflix did was help you configure your old computer to display hidden files. They're still hidden. You now have to configure the new computer to show hidden files. Then I suggest you change the attributes to make them not hidden. There's no reason for files and folders you created to be marked as hidden.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/transferring-formerly-hidden-files-from-old-laptop-to-new-laptop.1032180/
Relevancy 22.79%

I bought a Dell Inspiron 15R laptop six months ago and it heats up quickly on the left side of the laptop (above the fan). I've been having this problem since I got my laptop. I thought this was normal, but some of my friends told me it only happens with Dell laptops.

I don't do gaming at all. I'm sure, it's jsut cos of HDD. What should I do? Do I need to buy a laptop cooler? If so, suggest me a good laptop cooler.

Thanks,
CC

A:My laptop heats up very quickly. Do I need a laptop cooler?

Make sure all the ports and place where air goes gets blown out on a regular basis with laptops. As for the laptop cooler I would see what Newegg offers and go by user ratings on what would be the best price and rating ratio.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/184700-my-laptop-heats-up-very-quickly-do-i-need-laptop-cooler.html
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi all I received my new laptop yesterday and am very happy with it It is a Core i gb RAM Fujitsu notebook The problem is that the internet seems to be unbearably slow My crappy laptop fine) laptop, New poor (old internet old netbook still gets strong speeds the connection at the moment says mb s On my new laptop I am having trouble streaming youtube videos downloading New laptop, poor internet (old laptop fine) files it is stop start and I have to pause downloads before continuing them at fast download speeds downloading from installers adobe for eg simply says quot cannot contact reasonable source quot and stops loading web pages New laptop, poor internet (old laptop fine) without a delay in them appearing sometimes up to seconds which isn t good enough considering the other laptops in the house are fine I have got up-to-date wireless drivers and all my software seems up to date Last night I downloaded a new wireless driver which I thought solved the issue but lo-and-behold the internet is poor again On speed tests online the average download speed is between - mb s but on actual downloads it is not even nearly reaching these speeds and is very stop start Please help It is very important for my work that I have fast access to internet and that is what I primarily bought this laptop for - fast multitasking and internet searching nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-laptop-poor-internet-old-laptop-fine.1045021/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hello, I have pics and letters on my laptop that i sold and need to get them off, and my laptop writer cant seem to write today, is there any way i can transfer them by other means? usb to usb, something like that.. both have xp 2 thanks

Relevancy 22.79%

Hi
i have 2 laptops a dell mini which is working fine and a fujitsu v5535, basically the fujitsu will not power on there is a light on the charger but no power to the laptop, so i do not know what is up, a local pc techincian wants nearly £50 to check and thats before he finds the fault. any idead, help please

A:laptop charger wont charge laptop

It could be the charger has died.this can be checked with a voltmeter.
You can probably pick one up on Ebay for about £20

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-charger-wont-charge-laptop.949964/
Relevancy 22.79%

SOMEBODY HAS TO HELP ME ASAP THIS IS AN EMERGENCY I JUST GOT A NEW COMPUTER YESTERDAY AN HP COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS DON'T KNOW HOW MANY BITS OR ANY OF THAT bleep I JUST KNOW ONE THING IT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SLOW ITS NEW IT HAD WIN CHROME IS SLOW FIREFOX IS SLOW INTERNET EXPLORER IS SLOW PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP I CAN'T AFFORD THIS I SPENT OVER ON THIS THING PLEASE HELP ME PLEASE ITS SLOW TO COPY AND SELECT TEXTS THE MOUSE IS JERKY THE WHOE THING IS A HUNK WINDOWS WIN PLZ LAPTOP LAPTOP HELP URGENT. ME. 8 8 HP PLEASE SLOOOOOw. WITH NEW OF bleep SOMEBODY HAS TO HELP ME PLEASE PLEASE I NEED HELP THIS IS GOING TO COST ME MY JOB AND MY PARENTS WONT LET ME GET ANOTHER ONE WALL-MART DID NOT HAVE ANY WINDOWS COMPS PL EASE SOMEBODY BLOODY HELP ME I NEED HELP I HAVE GOT NEW WINDOWS 8 LAPTOP HP LAPTOP WITH WIN 8 SLOOOOOw. PLEASE HELP ME. URGENT. PLZ TO HAVE HELP YOUTUBE IS HOPELESSLTY JERKY AND SO IS ANYTHING ELSE I DO ONLINE ITS SLOW PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE HELP ME I NEED SOMETHING TO FIX THIS AND IT CANNOT COST ANYTHING I KNOW FOR A FACT I AM BARELY USING UP ANY SPACE NO VIRUSES WHAT SHOULD I DO

A:NEW WINDOWS 8 LAPTOP HP LAPTOP WITH WIN 8 SLOOOOOw. PLEASE HELP ME. URGENT. PLZ

Please perform the following, so that we can get the exact specs of your computer. This will better assist us in helping you more.Publish a Snapshot using SpeccyThe below is for those who cannot get onlinePlease take caution when attaching a text file to your post if you cannot copy/paste the link to your post, you will need to edit it to make sure that your Windows Key is not present.Please download MiniToolBox, and save it to your desktop and run it.Checkmark the following checkboxes:Flush DNSReport IE Proxy SettingsReset IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsReset FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory size.Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/509945/new-windows-8-laptop-hp-laptop-with-win-8-slooooow-please-help-me-urgent-plz/
Relevancy 22.79%

This laptop has Laptop working/Laptop not not starting screen been owned for a few years I'm not quite sure how many since it isn't mine My phone was propped next to the laptop and fell on it and the screen when dark Laptop screen not working/Laptop not starting Tried restarting it but the screen still didn't work this Laptop screen not working/Laptop not starting went on for around a day Eventually when I tried to restart it the laptop would begin to boot but shut down two or three seconds into a power up Tried a hard reset but it did nothing After the hard reset the computer started but froze on the Windows start up screen Afterwards it still quit booting after two or three seconds Stayed away from it for a week or so trying to figure out what was wrong with it where I could get help Came back to it today to try and it turned on again but this time it stopped on the initial dark screen and now it is a black screen with green lines all around it and some blue lines Do I need to take this laptop to a nearby technician or is all hope lost for it Solved Laptop screen not working/Laptop not starting View Solution

A:Laptop screen not working/Laptop not starting

Never mind, hit the laptop hard on the bottom and restarted it and launched the command prompt. Stupidest way to fix a laptop but it worked so hey

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-screen-not-working-Laptop-not-starting/td-p/5685821
Relevancy 22.79%

Is there a way to do this? Don't think my OS was backed up since I was using the Home Premium version, but any recovery of files data and/or GNU licensed programs will be extremely helpful.

My camper van was broken into and the OEM support disks are gone as well. Used the standard MS back up procedure on an external usb disk drive. The latter is back home, which I could FedEx to where I'm staying for the winter.

A:Recover win 7 backup from stolen laptop onto win 8 laptop

I tried, I had a Windows 7 Easy Transfer set that I tied to re-install into 8 (Not 8.1) and that failed. But you have to HAVE the easy Transfer backup file.

You would have to wipe your Windows 8 computer and re-install Windows 7 and use the Easy Transfer in that. I don't think it is version-specific, so if you have Pro or Ultimate it may work with a backup set from Home Premium. Not sure though, you can always try it.

Sorry you got hit, man, if you got your laptop S/N run it by all pawn shops in the area, thats where it will likely show up.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/37252-recover-win-7-backup-stolen-laptop-onto-win-8-laptop.html
Relevancy 22.79%

I recently had to take apart my laptop to look to see if the battery was part of a recall nbsp This was a very difficult process and not one that I was comfortable with but I wasn't going to pay HP to look at my battery nbsp Before this my battery was completely dead so I had to purchase a new battery pad x360 laptop laptop Envy HP mouse for nbsp While I had it open I replaced the battery nbsp I tried to get everything back together the way it was before I took it apart but there are about ribbons that connect the back of the keyboard to the bottom inside part of the laptop nbsp Anyway now my mouse pad or track pad whatever you call it on the laptop is not working nbsp And the lights on the keyboard are not working nbsp I cannot find a good picture of the inside of the laptop mouse pad HP Envy x360 laptop laptop to compare how mine is put together with the proper way nbsp nbsp Had I known I would have to take apart the laptop to replace the battery I never would have purchased this laptop nbsp For some reason the battery died completely less than two years after purchase nbsp Not happy with the laptop but can anyone help me

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/laptop-mouse-pad-HP-Envy-x360-laptop/td-p/5734457
Relevancy 22.79%

I have just received a replacement battery for my Toshiba Satellite L laptop which I Won't On Now Turn New Laptop Battery - Laptop Solved: purchased from a preferred seller on Ebay When I put Solved: New Laptop Battery - Now Laptop Won't Turn On it in the laptop to charge and use the computer while it s charging the computer will not even turn on I contacted the seller and this is what he replied quot We are sorry to hear that the battery did not work well No problem for return and you will get a full refund if we receive your return within days of the purchase date However before the return please check Solved: New Laptop Battery - Now Laptop Won't Turn On the following Make sure that your power adapter and electric outlet work well Make sure that the connection part between battery and laptop is clean If not please clean and try the battery again Many new batteries need several charge to reach the full capacity If it is a newly received battery please recharge several times to allow the battery to its full capacity If you recently upgrade your operating system to windows it may cause the battery not charge Please go online for a solution for your specific laptop model Please check your laptop manufacturer s website for a BIOS update Recently a few customers reported that the Bios update solved the problem having with their battery If none of these steps works please return the whole package to the following address by USPS Priority or UPS ground And please include the order receipt or shipping slip in the return package We suggest that you use a delivery confirmation to track the shipment so that the return is confirmed Upon receiving the return we will process the refund in business days quot I have checked to see that all connections are good and I have not recently upgraded operating systems Now what I am wondering is should I check into the BIOS update or should I just consider this a lost cause and return the battery I realize that buying an original Toshiba battery would have been a better choice but I was just trying to save some money Please advise Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 22.79%

Hi, I'm having trouble sharing files from my Vista Laptop to my new Win 8.1 laptop. I can get into my shared public folder but nothing else. I want to be able to get at anything in my C drive but it says I don't have permissions. I have a home wireless network but I also hooked them together with an Ethernet cord and both networks are showing.

Last week I was running into a window asking for network credentials on the Vista laptop (but I didn't know what it meant because I never had a password ). This time I see the folders I've shared but can't get into them except Public folder. I've read a lot and tried a few things but have yet to find my specific type case.

Anybody want to help?

I've got a story about a laptop battery fire to share.

A:File sharing from Vista laptop to new Win 8.1 laptop

Make sure to set a password.

It is always easiest if all machines on your network have the same user/pass but that is not mandatory.

If you still want Windows to login without typing anything at all, use netplwiz.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/40452-file-sharing-vista-laptop-new-win-8-1-laptop.html
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi there I've got a few questions about what would happen with Windows if I were to move my old HDD from my laptop into a new one Some info I have a retail copy of Windows my hard drive is not original to my laptop because the original HD died if it's possible to do a simple swap my future laptop will likely be a Sager Clevo The situation I want buy a new laptop with HD slots about to from 7 old + Windows laptop laptop new moving Questions HDD but I don't want to bother with getting an OS with it because I have a retail W If I were to get the laptop with a clean HDD would it be possible to simply take my old HDD out slot it into the new laptop's nd slot or switch the clean HDD into the second slot while putting the old HDD into the st slot and have it run smoothly Or will I have problems with drivers What about Windows Is Questions about moving Windows 7 + HDD from old laptop to new laptop Windows signed to the hard drive or to the laptop itself Will I have to deactivate Windows before moving it Or would it simply be easier Questions about moving Windows 7 + HDD from old laptop to new laptop to deactivate Windows from the old laptop install it into the clean HDD and then just put the old HDD into the nd slot However if I do that will the programs installed Questions about moving Windows 7 + HDD from old laptop to new laptop on the HDD still work properly on the new laptop without having to fudge about with it I've never had a PC w hard drives before so I don't know how it all works Thanks a lot for reading and any help is appreciated greatly because it'll influence my new laptop purchase Also sorry if this is in the wrong spot

A:Questions about moving Windows 7 + HDD from old laptop to new laptop

I think windows is tied to the motherboard not the hard-drive , so a person could replace the whole PC apart from the motherboard and still use the same copy of windows/ licence number but as your new PC/ laptop will have new everything including motherboard ( your just reusing a hard-drive ) you'll have to re-install it but the good news is you said you have a retail copy not OEM copy that means you can use it on more than one motherboard but not at the same time ( I think the limit is three installs)
is this link any help it's a tutorial for clean windows7 install

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/292524-questions-about-moving-windows-7-hdd-old-laptop-new-laptop.html
Relevancy 22.79%

I have an IBM T running XP Pro the problem is that if I knock the laptop or try to move it the screen switches off off screen laptop switches when move I Laptop I can Laptop screen switches off when I move laptop t seem to identify the problem here s a list of symptoms When the laptop hs only just been turned on and is cold no amount of movement or twisting of the frame will cause the problem to appear It s only after the laptop has been on for about mins that the screen will turn off When the screen does go off the laptop does continue to function ie if I m playing music it will continue to play and the keyboard still seems to function Although when the screen first goes off the music will stutter like a scratched record maybe about times and then continues to play Sometimes the laptop will reboot itself but not always When Laptop screen switches off when I move laptop the laptop comes back on it says windows detected an error Laptop screen switches off when I move laptop with the video device driver which has gone into a loop The error code is STOP EA THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER Q I ve removed the RAM battery keyboard DVD drive and hard disk but the problem is the same even when I m on the select boot device screen If I keeps the laptop on a firm surface it work no problem Does anyone have any ideas at which part of the laptop I should be looking at I m going to take the laptop completely to pieces and put it back together again to make sure nothing is loose Other than that I haven t got a clue Cheers Mark nbsp

A:Laptop screen switches off when I move laptop

I forgot to add
I've also tried connecting an external monitor to the laptop to see if this one stays on but it goes off at the same time as the laptop screen.

Cheers Mark

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-screen-switches-off-when-i-move-laptop.787804/
Relevancy 22.79%
A:no power comes on my laptop screen when swich on my laptop

HAVE YOU MADE ANY CHANGES TO YOUR LAPTOP RECENTLY?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/no-power-comes-on-my-laptop-screen-when-swich-on-my-laptop/td-p/5724156
Relevancy 22.79%

I ve got a Sony Vaio PCG-GRT P laptop that I just recently got a new battery for The old battery had reached the off is Laptop Laptop Charge Battery Doesn't if end of its life only lasting for about - minutes if I was lucky Anyway I got a new battery but Laptop Battery Doesn't Charge if Laptop is off it was not the original Sony battery it was a comparable one of a different brand for less then half of the price of the Sony When charged it lasts a good hours no problem but doesn t seem to charge when the laptop is off Yesterday I turned it on it said it had remainng I charged it for about minutes and then it read Upon unplugging it it again read but with another minutes plugged it it went up to and stayed there when unplugged I should also note that I ve reformatted the computer so it only has Sony drivers that the device manager said I lacked Was the lower priced battery too good to be true or is there an easy fix to this problem Appreciate the help in advance Zach nbsp

A:Laptop Battery Doesn't Charge if Laptop is off

a bios update is often needed when using a different battery than what the laptop was designed to use, and since you bought a generic battery, i highly doubt that Sony will provide support of any kind for it.

Check Ebay for actual Sony brand batteries (not another generic), you can get them on Ebay for 1/2 (or less) the price that you would pay in a store or from Sony

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-battery-doesnt-charge-if-laptop-is-off.43551/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hello my Dell Inspiring 15 laptop  is making 4 beeps pause and  makes four more beep when I press the power  button.  Can you please up me fix my laptop.

A:My laptop make 4 beeps when I power laptop on.

Hi DOMINIQUETHOMPSON29,
Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.
Please try with one memory module at a time and check if the system powers on.
Please private message us the service tag of the system along with your email id.
(Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information).
Regards,DELL-Akshatha MSocial Media and Community Professional#IWork4Dell

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19684427
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi Everyone,

I have 2 laptops, an HP Pavilion dv7 and a Dell XPS M1530. I have a 75Mbps internet connection to my router. My HP laptop internet wireless download speed is approx. 75-85Mbps depending upon the server I need to access. My Dell can only reach a wireless internet speed of 15-20Mbps. I'm trying to bridge my HP to my Dell with cable to achieve a higher speed for the Dell. I'm having problems, can anyone give me step-by-step guidance on how to achieve this.

Help is truly appreciated,

Thanks, JP

A:Bridging between Win8 laptop and Win7 laptop

What is wrong with connecting the HP laptop to the router? You would get much better stability and latency this way.

To bridge the wired connection on the Dell laptop to the wireless connection you can create a Network Bridge that will bridge the interfaces although the results of this can be quirky and you may have issues with regards to routing since the HP laptop might need to be on a separate subnet that the router would not know how to get to.

Still, it is worth a shot.

Network Bridge - Create or Delete

Hope This Helps,
Josh

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/320325-bridging-between-win8-laptop-win7-laptop.html
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi! Recently I was using my laptop and after doing work I shut it down and then when I power on it it takes 30 or more minutes to start. I have tried to change the Hard Drive, RAM, CMOS battery,  Battery, Laptop Charger, reinstalling windows, and also tried to wash the motherboard but the problem remained. Please Help Me HP Experts Like Always. Thanks In Advance.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-Get-Too-Slow-Laptop-Take-30-Minutes-To-Start/td-p/5611677
Relevancy 22.79%

Just to say thanks for the answer to my previous question but here's a new one:

My Dell laptop just died. I am computer illiterate so all I know is how to get the harddrive out of my dead laptop. The reason I need it is that I did not backup my info so I need to transfer it to the new laptop. I am not sure if I am supposed to take out the harddrive on the new laptop and replace it with this old one so that I can back up the data and then switch the harddrives. Or hopefully if there is a way that I can back up my older harddrive externally without having to put it inside my laptop?

A:Dell laptop harddrive...can I use it externally to another laptop?

Since it won't boot in a different machine, putting in the other laptop won't do you any good. Look for an external case with a USB connection so you can use it is an external backup drive after you empty it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-laptop-harddrive-can-i-use-it-externally-to-another-laptop.688698/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi there, this is my first post so hoping its in the right place.

I recently bought a Dell XPS 1521x Laptop with decent specs so I could play some games smoothly, however it tends to get hot after 30 mins or so sometimes reaching temps of 85c+

I've been looking at laptop coolers to reduce the heat but was curious about the usefulness of one seeing as the base of my laptop is rubber rather than aluminium and the vents seem to be at the very back of the laptop rather than the base.

Would it be worth while to pick up a laptop cooler?

Thanks

A:Laptop Cooler on rubber based Laptop?

Where is the air intake though ? If it's on the bottom and you're using it on a soft surface try it on a hard flat one instead.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-cooler-on-rubber-based-laptop.1111365/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have an old asus u jc-a laptop It has lot of problems like constant beeping and when connected to a monitor it would many times monitor go to sleep I tested this with several monitors and this like New Laptop Sager Asus Old Laptop Just Beeps happens with each monitor so i know its my laptop Anyways i New Sager Laptop Beeps Just like Old Asus Laptop went and bought a new sager laptop mainly b c i wanted a fast quad core laptop I got the laptop New Sager Laptop Beeps Just like Old Asus Laptop and it is pretty New Sager Laptop Beeps Just like Old Asus Laptop nice I didn't transfer anything from my old laptop to the new laptop The only thing that i did however was i have a usb drive that i plugged into the new sager laptop b c i have some documents there that i need to put it on my sager laptop I never did this as i all i did was just plug the usb flash drive into the new laptop thus i dont have any files saved into my new laptop Thus no documents just a flash drive Recently i noticed that while using this new sager laptop im having the same beeps just like my old asus laptop This doesn't make sense at all b c this laptop is brand new and i can't imagine it having problems like this early on Also the beeps sound just the same like the asus laptops so i wonder if theres any coincidence to this I had asked people in forums if i were to transfer documents from my asus laptop to this new sager laptop whether its documents or files would there be any chance the new laptop would get corrupt files and then it might have similar problems like my asus laptop such as the beeping and connecting to a monitor and it randomly turning off I was told no thats not even possible But i didn't transfer any documents i just used a flash drive that i had on old laptop on this one Another thing that has me very worried is in my old laptop i know i had lot of bloatware and malware because when i visit sites such as say ebay a bit later when searching other sites i would see ads on ebay thus its like those tracking cookie i believe its called that does this for advertisements Well recently i was on my new sager laptop and i noticed an adveristment for something i viewed such as on ebay however i never viewed this item on my sager laptop I viewed it on my asus laptop This does not make any sense whatsoever Can someone tell me whats going on here Why is my new sager laptop beeping so much just like my asus laptop Another thing that has me very confused is why i did i see a few advertisements on my sager laptop like i do with my asus laptop

A:New Sager Laptop Beeps Just like Old Asus Laptop

Im thinking the advertisments on my sager laptop im seeing could be because im logged into my ebay acct ... however im not logged into the ebay account on my asus laptop. Thus when im checking ebay items on asus laptop im not logged in. But why does that item show up when im on my sager laptop sometimes such as that same item on ebay?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/351088-new-sager-laptop-beeps-just-like-old-asus-laptop.html
Relevancy 22.79%

I have an Acer Aspire 5742 which is getting really annoying. if i move my laptop while its on it will freeze most times..easy way to solve that..dont move. which i now do but it has started freezing whenever im on the internet. thought it could be chrome so i reinstalled firefox, which interestingly didnt freeze straight away but made the computer really slow and eventually did freeze; tried internet explorer but froze again. Now im using an ethernet cable and it hasnt frozen once yet. Why is it freezing when i use wifi??

A:Laptop freezes when Im on my wifi or when i move the laptop

Welcome jburgess89.

This seems fairly odd, I suggest you check the hard drive connection, perhaps it is loose.

This video seems like it should show you how to take out hard drive. All you want to do is to make sure the cable is pushed in completely. How To Replace the Hard Drive in an Acer Aspire 5742 Series Notebook Laptop - YouTube

I think you can skip to minute 2:00. Remember to take battery out and unplug the power cable.

If you are not confident in doing this, then do not. You could damage something if you're not careful or too sure.

-----

How old is this laptop? If it is fairly new, is it still in warranty? Perhaps you could take it back to the place you got it from.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-freezes-when-im-on-my-wifi-or-when-i-move-the-laptop-605163.html
Relevancy 22.79%

Ok first of all thanks to anyone who reads this and I hope I am being as clear as possible My desktop computer recently just went and not for new DSL desktop laptop ;\ laptop works but the cable all blank white screen on me last night and since I have no idea what to do with it to fix it I just bought a new laptop I have a DSL modem from Verizon with only one cable so before I used to just remove it from the desktop and plug it into my other laptop to use the internet I did this last night with the new laptop as well and this morning I tried to connect to the internet on the new laptop and it said could not connect to the internet no matter what website I tried I decided to try plugging the DSL line into the OLD laptop to see if it was the internet but it works on the old laptop just fine and was working on the new laptop yesterday just fine Can someone please help me I do not understand why the old laptop works perfectly and never had a virus but every new computer I get seems to be quot crap quot pardon my language Any thoughts nbsp

A:DSL cable works for desktop and laptop but not the new laptop ;\

Connect to the old laptop and get the Internet working and connected, then I'd like to see this.
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

After that, connect to the new laptop, reboot the laptop and then post the same thing from the new laptop.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dsl-cable-works-for-desktop-and-laptop-but-not-the-new-laptop.958408/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi techguys I magine my delight laptop laptop from 7 migration xp problems windows to - santa brought a new windows laptop - a great sony FW series - and with windows I expected great things but alas I am already frustrated Totally stunned to find it had no email softeware though - and hence now have to find my way through an upgrade maze fraught no doubt with the ususal ms ifs and buts that always seem to plague migration problems from xp laptop to windows 7 laptop upgrades or data transfers involving ms products - it must be me - LOL I use outlook and want to migration problems from xp laptop to windows 7 laptop keep all my outlook emails on the new laptop too Is it easy to get outlook onto my new laptop Presumably Is it easy to import my existing emails from outlook on my old laptop to this outlook - assuming the latter can be loaded onto my new laptop I do not want microsoift windows mail live - as I am nervous about keeping my email online Any help with achieving the outcome desired is much appreciated many thanks mike inch nbsp

A:migration problems from xp laptop to windows 7 laptop

1. Outlook stores everything in the .pst file, so you can copy this from the old installation to the new one.

2. 2003 will work on W7, upgrade to 07 if you wish.

3. See #1

Windows Live mail like does not store your email on line.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/migration-problems-from-xp-laptop-to-windows-7-laptop.889599/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi Guys, hoping one of you can help with this.
My girlfriends had a laptop for a couple of years and the screen backed up a while back which then lead to a seperate monitor but now it's given up completely.

I'm trying to figure out a way i can access her laptop through my PC but taking into account i can't view/action anything from the laptop.
Any ideas?!

A:Need to Link Laptop to PC but Laptop screen is broken!!

My girlfriends had a laptop for a couple of years ...Click to expand...

You have two or more girlfriends and they shared a laptop and the only thing broken is the screen? Amazing!

If it was setup to allow Window's Remote Desktop or some similar third party remote access, you can use that. Otherwise, I think repairs or another laptop are called for.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-to-link-laptop-to-pc-but-laptop-screen-is-broken.809327/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have a home network and i have several devices successfully using the connection. I have a laptop however, that is not connecting to the internet via the connection. now i'm using my phone to work on the computer. I have reset the router and even ran the diagonics on the computer... I believe a driver needs to be re installed however, I have no clue which one.

A:Ipad and other laptop connect but other laptop wont

Try uninstalling the network adapter from Device Manager, rebooting, then letting Windows reinstall the driver.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ipad-and-other-laptop-connect-but-other-laptop-wont.987464/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi I m working on a Toshiba Satellite Laptop older model running Win It s stuck in a SafeMode boot loop turn on pc up comes safemode screen choose any option Files Of From Laptop Corrupted HDD Transferring Laptop Because to windows welcome screen appears briefly system powers down boots to safemode screen etc etc It s been determined that the only way to get the files off the bad HDD is to take it out and connect it to another working computer That makes sense but I ve never done this with a laptop I happen to have another laptop here HP Pavilion about years old that is working fine I also have a desktop - years old here that works fine What is the best method of doing this Is there a piece of hardware I need to purchase and if so is it readily available and about how much does it cost is this a complicated procedure or a relatively simple one for someone who has a good working knowledge of computers Any help you can offer would be much appreciated There is a time-critical issue with this Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 22.79%

My charger unable to charge my laptop but it is able to charge other hp laptop ,and other charger is able to charge my laptop. Give me solution for my question as soon as possible??

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/my-laptop-charger-is-unable-to-charge-my-laptop-but-it-is/td-p/5666218
Relevancy 22.79%

I have two Asus laptops. Laptop A has a 256 gig hard drive. Laptop B has a 512 gig drive. Both are sata drives. What I want to do is move the hard drive from Laptop B to Laptop A. I want to either do a repair install or just reinstall the Win 7 with a custom install so I don't lost any data.

Laptop A is overheating . Fan not working.

What's the best thing to do? Suggestions?

A:moving laptop hard drive to another laptop

I couldn't do a repair install. I ended up doing a custom install. Took over 8 hours to run all the updates. WOW

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/203227-moving-laptop-hard-drive-another-laptop.html
Relevancy 22.79%

Dear Sir/Madam,
when I connect the HDMI cable laptop to TV;  my PC screen goes black. when i take out the cable it becomes OK, and my TV is showed unsupported signal.
check your device output.
when i start the games, games shows tv. but laptop display goes black. 
my laptop - Toshiba-c660. windows-7, 64bits. I upgrade all drivers. 
I change my Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display\Screen Resolution-1366 x 768 (recommend), and change the projector in duplicate. 
what is the problem of my lap. please give me your valuable suggestions. 
your's Sincerely. 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/57338463-23a0-46af-ba87-94cf7b8d35d2/when-i-connect-laptop-to-tv-my-laptop-screen-goes-blank?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 22.79%

I have an HP Probook 4540S.

I don't use it that often and when I put it away, I make sure the battery is at 100%.

Today, I went to use it, and it would not power on.

I plugged in the A/C adapter and it powered up and showed the battery at 0%.

I called HP and they said that is normal and if I'm not going to use it for more than a week, to remove the battery.

I went to the HP forum, and they said just the opposite- The Mod said it has to be a software problem or a crappy battery.

Which is correct and would removing the battery when not using it be okay?

Thanks,

Paul

A:Laptop battery draining when laptop is shut down

Batteries do lose a certain percentage while being shutoff, usually 2-3% but it can be higher. The battery could be completely normal or it could be going bad. Typically this is from heat or poor charging habits (don't worry, everyone does it).

Here is a link to help you better understand laptop battery usage:
BatteryCare - Proper laptop battery usage guide

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/343379-laptop-battery-draining-when-laptop-shut-down.html
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi I recently changed my wireless security type from 'No Authentication open ' to turned other cannot laptop laptop One connect off. when is internet to 'WPA-Personal' Encryption type 'TKIP' I did this after becoming concerned about other people outside of my home possibly being able to use my wireless connection and reading up about how to change it There are two laptops in the home and I have changed the security settings for both to WPA-Personal is it better if it is WPA or is WPA-Personal good enough The problem I now have is that when the first laptop is switched off my own laptop loses connection to the internet I did a bit of reading and tried a suggestion to fix my IP address one of the messages I get One laptop cannot connect to internet when other laptop is turned off. is 'invalid IP address' I did this and it hasn't worked I am assuming that I am now connecting to the router One laptop cannot connect to internet when other laptop is turned off. through the first laptop but I do not One laptop cannot connect to internet when other laptop is turned off. know how to change this I would like to have both laptops able to connect to the internet independently of each other Many thanks in advance Andrea

A:One laptop cannot connect to internet when other laptop is turned off.

I would change to WPA-2 and reconnect to the router with the first laptop off.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/361453-one-laptop-cannot-connect-internet-when-other-laptop-turned-off.html
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi guys,

I just learned how to crimp straight cables and crossover cables. =^.^=
(Sorry for the shallow things that make me happy haha.)

The green one is the crossover cable, the white one is the straight cable.
In class, we were told cross-cables can be used to transfer files directly between laptops (generally 2 computers) without any intermediary device (like a flashdrive). We were only able to test the cables by pinging, since we ran out of time.

I found this post, which outlines what must be done nicely, but unfortunately does not explain much further on how to do it.

If anyone can explain the outline above in a step-tutorial, it would be much appreciated.
Thanks guys!

A:Laptop to Laptop File Transfer via LAN Cable

I have never learned how to crimp. But I would really like to see a tutorial on it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/338688-laptop-laptop-file-transfer-via-lan-cable.html
Relevancy 22.79%

I'm thinking about taking and old laptop and retrofitting it with a mini motherboard to use as a server at my new apartment. I would like to use the keyboard and monitor on the laptop case to keep the overall size down but I can't find any reference as to how you connect standard motherboard connectors (video and PS2(keyboard)) to the connectors found on the laptop monitor and keyboard. If anyone knows where I can find these connectors or specs on how to make them I would really appreciate it. If the mod gets done it will probably be pretty impressive and I'll give you credit for your troubles. Thanks

A:Need help with adapters: VGA to laptop monitor & PS2 to laptop keyboard

You should look for a docking station for it. That will solve your problems. :hotouch:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-adapters-vga-to-laptop-monitor-ps2-to-laptop-keyboard.2207/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi I m a clueless newbie on this forum Please don t hurt me Here s the story My old laptop s screen just blacked out the other day After Windows retrieval, laptop, laptop XP to File trying to File retrieval, laptop to laptop, Windows XP get it to return turning the computer on and off poking it hitting it swearing at it etc I decided that the problem was beyond my shallow pool of know-how I was planning to get it fixed but my dad advised me to invest in a new one instead I got my old one used almost years ago So I did and now I m wondering whether the files on my old laptop can be retrieved without the use of the screen and If so is that something I could do myself or should I take it in somewhere to have it done The old laptop does operate -- I can hear the little welcome song when I turn it on -- there s just nothing on the screen Both my old and my shiny new laptop use Windows XP I did a search of the forums and I did find some posts that gave me an idea of what has to be done but I need someone to explain things to me in simpler language Or finger-puppets but that s hard to do online Thanks in advance nbsp

A:File retrieval, laptop to laptop, Windows XP

Most laptops have an external connector you can hook up an external monitor to. THis will at least allow you to use it to get your files off. If you have a CD-R on your laptop you can burn the files to CD or get yourself a thumb drive to transfer the files. You can also network them together if both have a network card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/file-retrieval-laptop-to-laptop-windows-xp.475768/
Relevancy 22.79%

my laptop fan doesn't spin but the laptop works fine without any problem , i wonder how the laptop working fine without the fan spining? i actually opened the laptop and turned on the machine and i didn't see the fan spining!
does it stop spining sometimes or it should run as long as the laptop is on? how do i check if it working while the laptop cover is closed? please someone help me, im sorry if i put this thread in wrong section but i couldn't see forum that related to problems and troubleshooting. thanks in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-fan-does-not-spin-but-laptop-works-fine.1089464/
Relevancy 22.79%

hi. i have an ASUS N56VZ-4283H . Normally laptops fan speeds up while playing a game to keep the laptop cool. But mine doesnt. The problem started when i formatted windows 7 and reinstalled it. Please help me with this. Im sure that there is nothing to do with the dust inside the laptop because it was speeding up and the laptop was cool as coolingfridge during the installation. Thanks for any help...

A:My laptop fan doesnt speed up to keep the laptop cool

There may have been a program that did it, when you reinstalled windows, you wiped out the program.

Go to your manufacturers website and see if there are any such programs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/296134-my-laptop-fan-doesnt-speed-up-keep-laptop-cool.html
Relevancy 22.79%

Good Evening Guys

Do anybody have solution for my problem .

I got my MSI laptop LCD broken this week, but system works fine . I too have ACER laptop with me .

Msi has HDMI port on it but ACER doesn't have it just has VGA port.

Can i use my ACER laptop for video output of MSI ?

I know i can connect that on TV/monitor but how about connecting to another laptop ?

Thanks In Advance!!

A:How to connect broken display laptop to another laptop

No you cant. Ports in laptops meant to output video data. You may try out some HDMI to USB converters in Amazon or ebay.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/342211-how-connect-broken-display-laptop-another-laptop.html
Relevancy 22.79%

....OR laptop - PC for data transfer.

Please give me all hardware n software details for this.Request for a step-by-step guide.
I hear there r some chages to b made in the IP addresses of both devices also.Please give details about that.

regards.

Relevancy 22.79%

is there a relpaceable fuse on or near the mother  board of a pavilion dv6-2150us

Solved!
View Solution.

A:is there a fuse built into this laptop? the laptop is pavili...

Is the power adapter originally for the  pavilion dv6-2150us? Remove the main battery and plug in the power adapter and try powering it on. It is safe to do that. If that does not work then try a hard reset as follows: Remove the battery and unplug the DC power adapter.press and hold the power button for more than fifteen seconds.plug in the DC power adapter (leave the battery out for now)press the power button Please post your positive or negative results.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/is-there-a-fuse-built-into-this-laptop-the-laptop-is/td-p/1763399
Relevancy 22.79%

i've filled my hard drive on one laptop with television shows and i don't have a dvd burner on this computer so both xp from large laptop transfer file to w/ laptop i would like to transfer them to my other laptop that does i planned to do this with a gb flash drive so i large file transfer from laptop to laptop both w/ xp loaded about gb of avi video files episodes of a television show on to the flash drive and transferred them onto the other laptop the problem then arised i found that when i tried to open these video files on the new laptop using windows media player which is what i used on the other computer to play them they played as audio files with no video at all i don't understand how or why this would happen please help if you can i have a lot of files to transfer i also was curious what would be a good free software i could download for the burning to dvd-r process and should i shrink them also i'm new to the dvd burning process as you can tell

A:large file transfer from laptop to laptop both w/ xp

maybe you need to update the codex on the computer you are transferring the files to.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/large-file-transfer-from-laptop-to-laptop-both-w-xp-217347.html