Windows Support Forum

Can't connect to wifi after hardware driver update

Q: Can't connect to wifi after hardware driver update

Updated my hardware drivers including the wireless adapter, and something must have gotten changed as I can not connect to wifi anymore on HP Notebook G72-253NR with Windows 7.

Flushed winsock, released/renewed ipconfig and deleted/reinstalled adapter. Can meanwhile connect thru Ethernet cable again but not wifi. Finds my wifi network (previously didn't) but can't connect, don't have tcp/ip addresses in LAC or wireless properties, automatically obtain is enabled. IPv4/6 enabled in both also.

Getting message of "HOST Process was prevented from changing settings of ZoneAlarm by modifying registry key HKCS/Services/VSDATANT? at initial startup.

"COM surrogate was prevented from changing settings of ZoneAlarm by modifying registry key HKCS/services/vsdatant" whenever I simply access/exit ip protocol settings.

How can I fix this? My brain is fried after several DAYS of trying to fix my friends computer... Please someone help!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Can't connect to wifi after hardware driver update

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Can't connect to wifi after hardware driver update

Call your ISP they will walk you through it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-wifi-after-hardware-driver-update.206983/
Relevancy 65.36%

One of the laptops at work is having issues, and I think someone with monkey hands screwed something up. As "the computer guy", it's on me to get it fixed.

His Windows 7 computer will not connect to a wifi network. It can detect them (so I know the radio is on), but after half a beat, I get that "windows was unable to connect" message".

Thinking it was the internal card, I connected my external antenna, and got the same error. So I think I can rule out hardware. I tried using an identical laptop from work, and that one connected with no problem. So I think I can rule out any issues with my router.

I've updated all the possible drivers on the computer, Windows is up to date, and i've disabled IPV6.

Here's where it gets weird. He can get an intermittent connection when he uses his phone's hotspot.

A:Windows 7 wont connect to wifi (not a hardware / router issue)

can we see an ipconfig /all and an xirrus
also
What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, Mcafee , AVG etc

have you tried a restore to a working date ?

usually company PCs are configured in such a way - that we are unable to provide assistance - as we may suggest doing something which is outside the companies process/rules

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

Wi-Fi Inspector | Xirrus
Direct link to the program is here Wi-Fi Inspector Confirmation

{If the above link does not work heres another link Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector | PCWorld}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/Xirrus...-1-RevB-6.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)

To post a screen shot of the active window.
1) hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
OR
2) if you are using Vista/Windows 7 you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/windows-7-wont-connect-to-wifi-not-a-hardware-router-issue-669259.html
Relevancy 64.93%

1st of all sorry if i m posting the thread in wrong section of the seven forums, my problem is that i recently installed serial port driver for HP 4520s blutooth, at the same time i installed virtual router for my wifi to make laptop a hotspot,

aftr some while my laptop showed a blue screen and shutted down.. i have no idea abt that, i disable bluetooth driver from device n hardware but laptop again shutted down after 10 to 15mins ... i have taken a photo of that blue screen and i m attaching it with this thread,
if anyone can help .. i will b thankful to him/her.. PEACE !!!

http://www.mysale.com.pk/misc/masla.jpg

A:BSOD due to bluetooth or wifi driver/hardware

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP
We could also use some system information, which you can get easily by running msinfo32.
To do that go to start>run>type msinfo32>enter

When it is finished running go to file>save>name it and upload to us here.
You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/223644-bsod-due-bluetooth-wifi-driver-hardware.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi all,

After I did the 8.1 update I had a problem with my wifi, it can't be enabled anymore with the keyboard command. This command only enables and disables the airplane mode now. Before it also enabled automaticly my wifi. When I click the wifi icon near the clock, the blue side bar opens. Here the wifi switch is grey and cant be enabled. In networks my wireless adapter is running. The windows problem solver for networks tells me to switch wifi on in the side bar (!!!). See the atteched screenshot.

I updated my drivers, nothing works.

I also updated my drivers of my keyboard, no effect. Afterwards I re-installed my keyboard (and also my mouse - don't ask me why) and they are both gone now. My keyboard isn't even shown in the device manager anymore.

Windows restore can't be done since the update, it was suddenly turned off.

Does anyone know what to do?
Thanks a lot!

A:Problems 8.1 update - wifi and hardware

Check device manager and see if you can enable it from there. Pressing the Keyboard WIFI button on my laptop turns Airplane mode on and off. For me when Airplane is On WIFI toggles to Off. When Airplane mode is off the WIFI toggles to On. They both switch when I press the keyboard WIFI on off button.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/47181-problems-8-1-update-wifi-hardware.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi good people So I'm on here like thousands of others wifi 'fixes' Lenovo losing rollbacks, after driver update, Z585 driver with intermittent wifi issues I upgraded from to yesterday and everything works very well except for losing my wifi connection every minutes to an hour My wireless adapter is a Broadcom n the driver I'm using is Broadcom version I've updated the drivers and the same loss of wifi happens I've rolled back Lenovo Z585 losing wifi after driver update, driver rollbacks, 'fixes' the drivers and the same loss of wifi happens I've even tried a driver directly from the lenovo site that is a Cybertan Liteon driver that is the latest version for windows I've also unchecked the box in the power management page Then rebooted I've also used all the commands in the command prompt admin that start with 'netsh' Lenovo Z585 losing wifi after driver update, driver rollbacks, 'fixes' Then Lenovo Z585 losing wifi after driver update, driver rollbacks, 'fixes' rebooted The same thing still happens So I'm up for new suggestions including compatible drivers from different manufacturers I'm really hoping there's a Z user on here that has solved this issue According to the Lenovo web site this particular laptop has the latest drivers on the site and none of them are working so far

A:Lenovo Z585 losing wifi after driver update, driver rollbacks, 'fixes'

First, is your laptop supported for windows 10 on lenovo website.....meaning are there drivers and software packages for it? Have you tried downloading the 8.1 driver for it and then running it in compatibility mode?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/49574-lenovo-z585-losing-wifi-after-driver-update-driver-rollbacks-fixes.html
Relevancy 63.64%

ever time i connect to the internet using wifi after few minutes wifi connection not shown in networks, see image below. after this i use hp support assistent. In hp network check it shown this problem, see image below. Note: when i turn off my lapy for  1 or 2 hours.after i start my lapy wifi works correctly, but only few minutes then same problem....

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-adapter-is-experincing-driver-or-hardware-related/td-p/5730422
Relevancy 63.64%

Additional setup info Dual HDDs Win Pro amp XP Pro XP Pro LAN amp WiFi work fine orig configuration from Dell Win neither LAN nor driver ? hardware ok Card WiFi 5100agn Intel failure, WiFi work Win added after purchase I was working on setting up an outdoor WiFi antenna a couple of days ago when my problems started I was working in Win which I had not been using that often My LAN connection was not working and I realized the driver had not been installed I downloaded it from Dell s website and installed it I received an error message about SNMP service not being Intel 5100agn WiFi Card ? hardware failure, driver ok installed I turned the service from disabled to auto I do not know if my LAN adapter is now working That is my first problem My second problem happened when even though my WiFi card had been working fine I decided to see if its driver had been updated It was not I believe a Microsoft driver was installed It was working just fine though smile so I had to mess with it I downloaded the driver from Del s website and installed it That is when my problems started The WiFi card has not worked since First I realized I installed the wrong driver I uninstalled it and installed the correct one I even restored the system to before I messed with any drivers No luck My WiFi card still does not work The iNtel utility states it fails the hardware test and passes the driver test Windows states it cannot find any wireless networks if I switch to XP Pro everything works I am at a loss and very frustrated Can anyone help me please On the WiFi card Win amp thinks there might be a problem with the driver I have tried re-downloading amp re-installing it which did not resolve the problem In also states Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter Everything looks fine in the device manager

A:Intel 5100agn WiFi Card – hardware failure, driver ok

I have been searching all week for a solution. I found so many people with the no wireless networks problem when they switched to Windows 7 (just like my experience). Well, my solution was to repair my Kaspersky anti-virus installation. [I cannot remember the site I found the information on to give the person credit. I am immensely grateful though.]

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/86397-intel-5100agn-wifi-card-hardware-failure-driver-ok.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi,
I see that in the Anniversary I can't no more AVOID the automatic search and download of drivers.

I want to STOP this, I want myself to choice my driver and update them.

I read that in "gpedit.msc" > "Windows Update" > "Do not include drivers with WU" > ENABLE

And I did, BUT, Windows Update still see drivers to update such Intel HD, Touchpad, etc.

Why?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/63157-how-stop-windows-update-hardware-driver-update.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I have a Windows 7 HP 2000-369WM Notebook PC

The Wifi button at the top of my keyboard is now red no matter if I push it or not it is still red. I have a little icon on the right bottom of my computer that says "Not connected- No connection available" I click it and push "troubleshoot". After detecting the probem it says "The wireless network adapter is experiencing problems" After I push next to detect additional problems the problems that are found are

A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken Not Fixed (which I am confused since its never

plugged into anything and has worked fine before)
Also The Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n Wifi Adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related problems. Detected
I have no clue now what to do. UGH. Please someone help

A:The Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n Wifi Adapter is experiencing driver/hardware problem

drivers should be here
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5171087#N456

and for the wireless - this driver
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...dlc=en&lc=en&os=4063&product=5171087&sw_lang=

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-ralink-rt5390-802-11b-g-n-wifi-adapter-is-experiencing-driver-hardware-problem.1103552/
Relevancy 61.92%

I have a laptop with an Intel R WiFi Link AGN is WiFi driver Wireless Hardware Link AGN - to 5300 bound not Intel(R) transport nic Shows up in Device manager as healthy Has latest driver as per manufacturer hp elitebook p running win R server keyboard wifi indicator lites up Device shows up as active in networking devices however I cannot see any wireless ssid s to associate with I checked mfg web site Intel(R) WiFi Link 5300 AGN - Wireless Hardware is not bound to transport driver for latest drivers and the intel web set for the adapter itself After many downloads of win and win driver bundles no support for win r apparently I have not found a solution yielding a fix I Intel(R) WiFi Link 5300 AGN - Wireless Hardware is not bound to transport driver did stumble across a Intel proset Wireless wifi Intel(R) WiFi Link 5300 AGN - Wireless Hardware is not bound to transport driver software utility manual diagnostic tool v When it runs i get quot Wireless Hardware is not bound to transport driver quot To be exact Event Source Time Error Severity Domain User Description Manual Diagnostic Warning Unknown Administrator Hardware Test - Result Failed Summary Wireless Hardware is not bound to transport driver With the same tool i can run it manually on just selecetd tests hardware driver radio scan associate auth signal ping All of them fail as expected except the driver test To be exact Event Source Time Error Severity Domain User Description Manual Diagnostic Warning Unknown Administrator Driver Test - Result Passed Summary Driver is loaded NETwNs Version The driver test passes just not the link to the transport apparently Not sure how to fix this Sysinfo output Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Server R Enterprise Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard DC Antivirus None Obviously not a supported combo but there has got to be a way to bind my healty driver to the transport layer Anyone have any ideas Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-r-wifi-link-5300-agn-wireless-hardware-is-not-bound-to-transport-driver.1095953/
Relevancy 61.92%

i recently updated my windows vist acer (home version) laptop to windows vist ultamite, before i updated i could connect to my netcom series 7 wifi modem without any problem. now after the update it doesnt even reconise the wifi. i can use ethernet conection fine its just the wireless wont work. i would really appreciate some help here

here is some info
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Ultimate , Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T2330 @ 1.60GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1525 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family, 448 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 52370 MB, Free - 2036 MB; D: Total - 52106 MB, Free - 13582 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, Nettiling, V1.19, Base Board Serial Number
Antivirus: None

Relevancy 61.49%

I recently did a clean install of Windows 7 on my mini because the Windows 10 upgrade left it basically unusable. I've successfully installed windows 7 professional on it however I'm unable to connect to my wifi to do any updates. Under the device manager it says I am missing a network controller and a video controller. I was able to find a network adapter (Realtek PCI FE Family Controller) but I need help locating the others. I've tried to look up available drivers under my product on the HP website but it only had something Windows 10 specific. Device Instance path:Network controller: PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_145C103C&REV_01\4&EDE306C&0&00E0 Video Controller: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A012&SUBSYS_1584103C&REV_00\3&21436425&0&11 Thank you for any assistance!

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Cannot connect to wifi, network driver missing

Hi: You need these drivers... Network controller: This package contains drivers for the supported Broadcom Wireless LAN Adapters in the supported notebook/laptop models and operating systems. File name: sp57965.exe Video Controller:  You posted you are running W7 64 bit, but your notebook came with W7 32 bit. You would need to use the 64 bit graphics driver directly from Intel for the 64 bit version.  2nd one on the list. Note:  I think the Intel driver site is messed up because when I click on the link to get to the driver, nothing happens, and this has happened to me twice today. You may have to wait until after the 4th of July holiday to get the driver if you have the same issue. http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/intel-graphics-media-accelerator-3150-intel-gma-3150.html

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Cannot-connect-to-wifi-network-driver-missing/td-p/5677927
Relevancy 61.49%

I just reinstalled WIndows 7 Professional. I located all the drivers except for the wireless adapter, I can't connect WiFi, here's the card number. I searched and couldn't locate the driver. Thanks for any help.  PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8179&SUBSYS_804B103C&REV_01 

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Driver for my Wireless Adapter, Can't Connect to WiFi

Hi: You need this driver... This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE wireless LAN controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. File name: sp72932.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Driver-for-my-Wireless-Adapter-Can-t-Connect-to-WiFi/td-p/5642313
Relevancy 61.06%

My girlfriend recently updated her computer from Windows 8 to 8.1 Since then, she's been unable to connect to her home wi-fi. She can only connect via cable. Unfortunately, neither of us have disks to roll her back to Windows 8.
Now here's what's weird. Yesterday she brought her computer to my house and it connected to my wi-fi with no problem.
I updated her adapter drivers to Windows 8.1 but that had no effect on her ability to connect to her home wi-fi network.
Last night she ran "troubleshoot problems" and it says that her adapter is damaged. I highly doubt that since the computer is only a couple of months old and she could connect to my wi-fi network.
So any thoughts on what the problem is and/or potential solutions to try???
Computer: Lenovo G405
Modem/Router: ZTE ZXHN F660
Wi-Fi Adapter: Broadcom BCM4313 802.11b/g LP-PHY

Thanks!

A:Windows 8.1 update = can't connect to Wifi

Go to Lenovo's support site and download the proper driver for her computer again. For some reason when the update happens from 8.0 to 8.1. It installs the screwed up Microsoft version of drivers.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/51759-windows-8-1-update-cant-connect-wifi.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi

I have just installed 8.1 on my laptop and now my wifi card wont connect to the network. My PC works on wifi just fine.

My laptop is a Lenovo G405 using a 802.11n Broadcom card.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

A:WIFI wont connect after 8.1 update

You may need to update the Broadcom driver from the Lenovo site directly via the link below. Just set the Op system to Windows 8.1 and the Category to Networking: Wireless LAN.

Hopefully this is a different driver version than the one you are currently using.

Drivers and software - Lenovo G405 Notebook

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/41791-wifi-wont-connect-after-8-1-update.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello All I have a gateway laptop that will not connect to the internet either wifi or directly hooked to modem BC Advisor Jhayz has helped me out and it seems as if I have an infected driver C WINDOWS system Drivers ipsec sys is infected Here is my original topic plea for help http www bleepingcomputer com forums t gateway-laptop-will-not-connect-to-internet Thanks so much for any and all help Here are my dds and connect wont driver? wifi...infected laptop to attach logs DDS Ver - - - NTFS x Internet Explorer Run by Scott Irwin at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Outdated laptop wont connect to wifi...infected driver? EDB FA - B laptop wont connect to wifi...infected driver? - AFA- C D- CCA Running Processes c Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files Common Files Lanovation PrismXL PRISMXL SYS C Program Files Novatel Wireless Verizon Drivers VZWMSConfig exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k rpcss C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C laptop wont connect to wifi...infected driver? WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k LocalService C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp cgi ebay com ws eBayISAPI dll ViewListedItems amp include amp userid dandssportcards amp sort amp MfcISAPICommand ViewListedItems amp completed amp rows amp since mStart Page hxxp www gatewaybiz com uURLSearchHooks EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - lt orphaned gt BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - c program files adobe acrobat reader activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO SSVHelper Class BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO PPCScamBHO Class E A - BC - d -B FD- B ACC FEDED - c program files peoplepc toolbar ScamGrd dll EB - a - b-a - c a a - lt orphaned gt mRun QuickTime Task c program files quicktime QTTask exe -atboottime mRun MSC c program files microsoft security client msseces exe -hide -runkey dRun DWQueuedReporting c progra common micros dw dwtrig exe -t uPolicies-Explorer NoDriveTypeAutoRun dword uPolicies-Explorer NoDriveAutoRun dword uPolicies-Explorer NoDrives dword mPolicies-Explorer NoDriveAutoRun dword mPolicies-Explorer NoDriveTypeAutoRun dword mPolicies-Explorer NoDrives dword mPolicies-Windows System Allow-LogonScript-NetbiosDisabled dword mPolicies-Explorer NoDriveTypeAutoRun dword mPolicies-Explorer NoDriveAutoRun dword IE B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBC - c program files java jre bin ssv dll IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - - hxxp download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs flash swflash cab TCP NameServer TCP Interfaces E FD - A C- -A E - E B DE FA DHCPNameServer Notify igfxcui - igfxsrvc dll SSODL WPDShServiceObj - AAA BA- A C- B - D - D DB - c windows system WPDShServiceObj dll FIREFOX FF - ProfilePath - c documents and settings scott irwin application data mozilla firefox profiles g oxv default FF - prefs js browser search selectedEngine - Google FF - prefs js browser startup homepage - hxxp cgi ebay com ws eBayISAPI dll ViewListedItems amp include amp userid dandssportcards amp sort amp MfcISAPICommand ViewListedItems amp completed amp rows amp since FF - plugin c program files mozilla firefox plugins npmozax dll SERVICES DRIVERS R MpFilter Microsoft Malware Protection Driver c windows system drivers MpFilter sys - - R VZWConfigService VZW Config Service c program files novatel wireless verizon drivers VZWMSConfig exe - - R BLKWGN Belkin Wireless G Notebook Card Service c windows system drivers BLKWGN sys -... Read more

A:laptop wont connect to wifi...infected driver?

Good evening. Please download SystemLook by jpshortstuff from one of the links below and save it to your Desktop: Linky #1Linky #2 Double-click SystemLook.exe to run it.Copy the contents of the following codebox into the main textfield::filefind
ipsec.*Click the Look button to start the scan.When finished, a notepad window will open with the results of the scan - the log can also be found on your Desktop entitled SystemLook.txtPlease post the contents of this log in your next reply.    

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/499541/laptop-wont-connect-to-wifiinfected-driver/
Relevancy 60.63%

After the Windows 10 Anniversary Upgrade I can't connect to any WiFi. Since then I tried uninstalling Windows WiFi Direct Virtual Adapter because I read that after doing that scanning for hardware changes would add it back, and it did, but after repeating this step again it shows up as disconnected. Now the settings menu WiFi section doesn't even show up. I don't know what to do.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/After-Windows-10-Anniversary-Update-I-can-t-connect-to-WiFi/td-p/5712651
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi all Hoping someone can hep here I have an Asus C bit i and have connect wont latest Wifi since update been using fine for about a year Originally W upgraded to then a few months ago upgraded to W with no problems at all and have been ok with updates since until the most recent Have been using the Wifi on my home network BTHub with no problems at all until today The Wifi Wifi wont connect since latest update is on Airplane mode is off and it is seeing my and my neighbors wifi along with BT Fon BUT whereas it normally would connect automatically it will not connect to my Wifi at all No settings or passwords have changed to my knowledge No errors reported in Device manager The Qualcomm Ateheros AR says it is working properly and I have tried rebooting the router The update I ran today appears to be one KB dated update history which must have been sitting on the machine not having been turned off for a while A wired connection works The troubleshooter says the Wifi is off but it is not as it is seeing the available Wifi's Can anyone point me in the right direction to solve this please

A:Wifi wont connect since latest update

No Idea why but after hours of frustration and trial and error it is working again!

Thanks for anyone that took an interest.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/44014-wifi-wont-connect-since-latest-update.html
Relevancy 59.77%

A while ago, after accidentally opening the Store app, Windows forced me to restart to install Windows 8.1, which I was unable to weeks before because of driver issues. I didn't need Windows 8.1 yet, so I didn't download it before then.

However, during the installation, it failed (again) due to either my antivirus or the aforementioned driver issues. Upon logging back in, my computer was unable to find any WiFi networks. Seeing as I live in the middle of a densely populated city, this isn't possible. Plugging in an ethernet cord still works, so no issues with that adapter or my home internet. I checked all the drivers for my WiFi adapter, and my Ethernet adapter, and both are up to date and display as working properly. Restarting several times didn't seem to fix this issue, and using system restore didn't seem to work either. I used the Troubleshooting tool, and that didn't give my any helpful advice or answers, so I got nothing.

What can I do to fix this issue?

For reference, I have a Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter, Driver Version 6.30.95.14, and a Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller, Driver Version 2.1.0.7.

A:Unable to connect to WiFi after failed Windows 8.1 update

Never mind, it seems to have resolved itself overnight after I put it to sleep for several hours.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-wifi-after-failed-windows-8-1-update.210268/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello!! I was reading a previous posting regarding Atheros driver. I have a HPG60 laptop with Windows 7 installed. I can connect using Wifi at home but not able to at work. When I go to the device manager and right click on device it indicates the driver is up to date. I went to HP website but the file update only supports Vista and not Windows 7. I don't want to download the wrong driver and totally put my wifi out of commission. Does anyone have any ideas where I can download this driver?

Please help!!

Relevancy 58.48%

Hi We have a network of WiFi access points and a lot of them are on Channel we are located in Europe so these channels are allowed to use nbsp Recently we started getting complaints from different users that they are not able to Can't after to affected) windows connect channel different update on WiFi computers (multiple 13 connect to our access points The users use Can't connect to WiFi on channel 13 after windows update (multiple different computers affected) different brand computers HP Asus and different brand of WiFi adapters realtek atheros and are using either Windows or Can't connect to WiFi on channel 13 after windows update (multiple different computers affected) Windows The only thing in common is that they recently installed Microsoft Windows updates nbsp The SSID is public not hidden they Can't connect to WiFi on channel 13 after windows update (multiple different computers affected) all were able to connect to the SSID before the updates Currently they can't even see the SSID in the network list If we install some rd party tool to scan the networks on the computer - it does see the ssid If we boot up from a livecd - it also does see the network If we put the WiFi on channel or some other lower channel - they are able to see the network but not on channel - So this is definitely something related to windows update Are there any known issues with this How can this be fixed Any workarounds available nbsp Unfortunately these notebooks belong to our clients and we can't replicate the issue on a few of our own notebooks we tried I would try to deinstall each update until i find out which one makes the wifi broken but still waiting for a customer to sacrifice his notebook to me for a day or two to find this out P S Changing the wifi channel to something other than is not a solution as it does not fix the underlying problem in windows I asked the same question on nbsp http answers microsoft com en-us windows forum windows -hardware cant-connect-to-wifi-on-channel- -after-windows adc -e e- - c -e e f b e but i've been forwarded here

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d3c9ca96-92fd-452d-b64d-55e9bb619fd4/cant-connect-to-wifi-on-channel-13-after-windows-update-multiple-different-computers-affected?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 57.62%

I have Toshiba satellite L upgraded from Vista to Windows which now freezes on windows welcome screen only if the charger is plugged in at start-up NO problems on battery alone No problems in safe mode If running on battery alone all is fine clash Update or Win7 coincidental to Problem-Hardware driver ACPI until plugging in charger and screen will Update to Win7 Problem-Hardware coincidental or ACPI driver clash freeze full blue Update to Win7 Problem-Hardware coincidental or ACPI driver clash white black or any colour screen All indicator lights show normally but the only way out is a hard shutdown The battery charges normally The charger is fine and I get same fault Update to Win7 Problem-Hardware coincidental or ACPI driver clash with a new identical charger for that laptop The power input plug and wiring all the way to the mother board are sound re-soldered joints and correct voltage is seen at MB Same problem persists with alternate hard drive All drivers are as up to date as I can find Including Bios -Insyde H O Toshiba technicians say they have not heard of such problems They should search the web as it is rife with similar stories They suggest a new motherboard should solve my dilemma I guess I should just accept the referees decision and pay for a new MB but I just can't get it out of my head it is software related - Because a Laptop runs and charges OK in Safemode b Workaround-- I can start-up in safemode gt go to Device Manager gt Open Processors gt rightclick Genuine Intel CPU and Disable In Properties this shows as ACPI Compiant system Disabled -I believe the CPU is now running at Shut down then start up in normal mode with charger plugged in COMPUTER WORKS NORMALLY I think the fan runs all the time but CPU does not overheat so far AND ALSO c With Processor now ENABLED start normally without charger Upon system loaded and running gt Open Windows Media Centre Leave running Minimise to toolbar I believe the programme WMC tells ACPI to set CPU to PLUG IN CHARGER AND COMPUTER RUNS NORMALLY I am in no way very IT savvy but a plodder and like a problem and will give it a good shake I believe I have an ACPI problem and not hardware Can anyone shed any light on where to go from here

A:Update to Win7 Problem-Hardware coincidental or ACPI driver clash

Sounds very much like a overheating problem, I would say the Toshiba technician is right.
Do you use the Notebook on your lap?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/164050-update-win7-problem-hardware-coincidental-acpi-driver-clash.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello I bought a computer yesterday When I realized I hadn't had a wireless card installed I took it back and had one put in I don't know update WiFi Virtual driver Unable to Miniport for Adapter if that has Unable to update driver for Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter anything to do with this problem When I go to Control Panel gt Devices my hard drive shows an exclamation point I rightclick gt troubleshoot and am told I need to reinstall the device driver After applying fix I am told quot Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter has a driver problem - Not fixed quot So I go to the device manager and find said adapter under quot Network adapters quot which still has an exclamation point next to it I rightclick gt update driver software and am told quot The best driver for your device is already installed quot This is my first Windows machine in years so I'm not sure how to go about fixing this or Unable to update driver for Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter even what the Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter is or if I need it Earlier today the computer did not want to connect to my wireless network while all my other devices did It seems ok after unplugging plugging in the router Any help would be appreciated

A:Unable to update driver for Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter

I would advise right clicking on the device that has the excalamation point and choosing "Uninstall", then select the check box to delete the driver software as well. Reboot and see if Windows detects and tries to install the software again, if not you can:
1) Go the the manufactuers website to get the drvier
2) Use the driver CD - if you got one for that device

NOTE - If this is for your wifi adapter, you will need to connect your computer to the router with an ethernet cable to get the driver from the web.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/222420-unable-update-driver-virtual-wifi-miniport-adapter.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I have an Wifi Adapter Update(s)?? Atheros Driver Qualcomm AR9485 HP Notebook PC running Windows nbsp I have been hoping for Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 Wifi Adapter Driver Update(s)?? an update for this network Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 Wifi Adapter Driver Update(s)?? adapter as I have Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 Wifi Adapter Driver Update(s)?? been having network connectivity issues for several weeks and many times the windows diagnostic resets this network adapter nbsp I am receiving notices via HPSA that there are updates for this network adapter nbsp nbsp I can download the updates but the installation failed on both and I don't know why or where to look to find out why nbsp More investigating now has me thoroughly confused nbsp So here is what is currently installed on my laptop nbsp Qualcomm Atheros AR b g n WiFi AdapterSoftpaq Number SP Driver Date Driver Version Ap This Driver Update was JUST installed - - approx weeks ago nbsp Here is info on what HPSA shows are updates for this adapter nbsp -Important Updates notice first received Saturday - - Updates would download but would not install nbsp Qualcomm Atheros AR Series Wireless LAN Driver for MS WindowsSoftpaq Number SP Version Ap Size nbsp Qualcomm Atheros AR Series Wireless LAN Driver for MS Windows Softpaq Number SP Version Ap Size MB search on hp com for SP shows date of this update - - Both of these driver updates appear to be OLDER than what I currently have installed nbsp If I go My HP account and have my system scanned for updates the SP I already have installed shows Neither of the two that HPSA shows I should install appear on my updates nbsp I guess the question I have now is what is the most current correct and working driver for Qualcomm Atheros AR b g n WiFi Adapter nbsp And if it is what I already have installed why am I receiving this notice to update from HPSA Thank you Solved View Solution

A:Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 Wifi Adapter Driver Update(s)??

Per a post elsewhere in the HP Forums, current driver updates are available at   http://www.station-drivers.com/ .I downloaded & installedVersion: 10.0.0.287Released 3/25/2014and as of this moment, all appears to be working fine. I would still like someone to confirm this is the correct driver for the Qualcomm Atheros AR9000 Series Network Adapter for Windows 8.1.  And, if I NOW have the current driver is there a glitch in HPSA to be sending me irrelevant driver update mandates?? Thank you!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Qualcomm-Atheros-AR9485-Wifi-Adapter-Driver-Update-s/td-p/3824164
Relevancy 57.62%

T450s missing WiFi driver after SCCM build, Intel WiFi driver not available from Update Retriever for 20BW. Only Realtek WiFi shows. But Intel WiFi driver is there from Support site. Kindly advice.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Missing-T450s-20BW-Intel-WiFi-driver-in-Update-Retriever/td-p/3336413
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi 
Please assistance with this unfortunate case. I have a BRAND NEW dell inspiron 13, 7000 series. Had not been in use for more than 3 days... 
I have problems connecting with the WIFI (although all other devices in my apartment connect smoothly to the router). WIFI button does not turn, switch refuses to move to ON. Red X on the wifi network at the right hand bottom corner... 
I have read some articles suggesting to go the device manager, network adapter and update driver, but when I expand network adapter I only have 2 Bluetooth devices listed. Nothing about WIFI.... please HELP!! 
Second issue - tried to reboot several times as the laptop did connect to the internet for 2 minutes on reboot. All times, reboot fails and I get the following message: Driver Power State Failure. 
Please, I hope you can help me with this awful experience with Dell laptop. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19989164
Relevancy 56.76%

About a week ago, our cable internet connection went out. Before I had a chance to reboot the modem & router, my 11 year old decided to completely reset the router to factory settings! Ugh! This caused several issues: my home network is now gone, only a unsecured factory network is available. When I try to plug my laptop into the router via ethernet cord (in order to login to router and setup secure network) my computer will not recognize the router and won't connect to internet. I tried troubleshooting with my cable provider and they say it's in my computer (IP address will not reset) and he recommended I replace my network card. However, today when I brought my laptop to work, it will instantly recognize the wifi at work. So is it really my network card that is causing issues? Please help, I'm desperate and not tech too tech savvy!

Details:
Linksys wireless router
Charter cable modem
Hp pavillion dv6 laptop with Windows Vista OS

A:Laptop won't connect to home wifi but will connect to work wifi

Did you figure this out?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-connect-to-home-wifi-but-will-connect-to-work-wifi.204978/
Relevancy 56.76%

I am running Vista operating system with an HP Photosmart C7250 All-in-One, everytime I try to print my job goes right to the que, when I click on the print icon I see that the printer connect at the top and the update driver are not in bold. I am very computer challenged. Can anyone tell me what may be causing this? Thank you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-connect-and-update-driver.857079/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a desktop that is able to have wifi it's a adapter dell 1450 UBS Wireless 802.11a/b/g it works so does the router which is a Cisco Linsky E 1000 it shows um that it works I'm getting packet but I just can't seem to connect I don't understand it says that I am connected but I cannot get on the internet what am I doing wrong please help my desktop is compaq hp with wireless capability help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-make-my-android-with-wifi-3g-connect-my-desktop-router-and-wifi-adapter.1085239/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello fellas i need to connect my dumb Xbox to connect to to modem--->not Solved: live!!! wifi able laptop+wifi xbox360+USB live for it does not play any movies and asks to connect to live that i am unable to do OKey here is the plit- gt i have a usb modem that i connect into my laptop wihch has wifi n all that now i create an adhoc n w first on lapi--the xbox detects and connects but still test connection fails the xbox is unable to connect to the adhoc n w second i Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!! tried creating a adhoc n w on my xbox-- gt lapi connects to that n w but still the test conncetion fails on the xbox I have checked quot Allow users to use this n w quot for my USB modem connection which i use to connect to Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!! the internet In Properties-- gt Sharing But here it asks to select the n w connection out of options Wireless conn Wireless conn Local Area Conn Sometimes it shows only Wileless Conn and LAN i tried every possible combination of all these settings but nothing is working The internet on my laptop works fine I am using Win Home Premium I just need to connect my Xbox to my laptop wirelessely and use the internet connection my laptop is using i tried some manual settings of ip subnet n dns server on my xbox n lapi in this case the xbox connects to the network while connection test but does not connects to laptop HELP guys nbsp

A:Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wifi-laptop-wifi-xbox360-usb-modem-not-able-to-connect-to-live.1032051/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi all I have laptops my wifes and mine They came with Vista installed and neither of us like Vista I reformatted the hd on mine and installed XP Pro on it and with the drivers I got from Intel and Acer it works just fine Mine is an Pro driver driver Need WiFi WiFi for Aspire XP 4720Z Aspire model My wifes is an Aspire Z model I repeated the process on hers that I did on Need WiFi driver for Aspire 4720Z WiFi driver XP Pro mine and installed the drivers for it All worked well except for the WiFi driver I have tried everything and have searched the net and cannot find the correct driver for it I Need WiFi driver for Aspire 4720Z WiFi driver XP Pro contacted Acer and after Need WiFi driver for Aspire 4720Z WiFi driver XP Pro paying them for minutes of tech time came away with absolutely nothing but a dollar deficit in my bank account They said that I was doing a downgrade and they do not support downgrades and recommended I search the net which I had already done I have been searching again since yesterday afternoon and am now to the point of pulling out my hair and I have a crew cut so you know by that how frustrated I am getting Can anyone please help me and let me know where I can find the drivers for this laptop Thanks in advance for any help you may give me Bud AKA Graywolf nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi All,

I am new to this forum..few day agai got to know that I can make my Windows 7 Laptop a HotSpot via Virtual WiFi...so I tried to make my laptop hotspot and the same can be detected from my iPhone also...i can connect connect iPhone to my laptop...but i cant access any internet..
i have also tried putting off my firewall but with no use....
can somebody help me out with the same?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-iphone-via-wifi-from-windows-7-virtual-wifi-laptop.971585/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi there,

I have a new problem that has just cropped up today. I am no longer able to connect to public wifi or my phone's wireless hotspot. My laptop either will not connect or connect with limited access. It has connected without issue in the past and as soon as I returned home it connected to my wifi here.

What I did notice is I am connected to an unidentified network with no internet access in addition to my home wireless network:
Specs:
Acer Aspire S7 392
Windows 8.1 64 bit
Intel Dual Band Wireless 7260 (driver updated)
Disabled my firewall and antivirus

I just connected to my phone's hotspot again and here is what I am coming up with:
Attachment 57082

And when I run ipconfig/renew
Attachment 57083

Any ideas what could be causing this?

A:Can only connect to home wifi - no public/hotspot wifi

What Internet Security software are you using? Are you using any third party software to manage network connections?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/60701-can-only-connect-home-wifi-no-public-hotspot-wifi.html
Relevancy 51.6%

HiHad this laptop for a few weeks now and never had trouble connecting to wifi at home. But today I am unable to connect to wifi and I did a troubleshoot and it says that the problem is - 'WiFi doesn't have a valid IP configuration'I know the problem is my laptop and not the wifi as it is working fine on my iPad.Can someone help please?Thanks,Dee

A:Can't connect to wifi - 'wifi doesn't have a valid IP config...

Hi there @Dee85 Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that you are having troubles with connecting to your home network; I am happy to help. Have you tried connecting to a different network with this notebook?Does the wifi (available connections) show up on your notebook at all?Have you tried resetting your wireless router? The error you are getting sounds like the router is not passing on a local IP address to your notebook. The problem could be on either side of that. Try working through these.Troubleshooting wireless network and Internet (Windows 8)Also, you can look at the power management for your wireless adapter:Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:1. Open Device Manager. (Win Key+R > type devmgmt.msc > OK)2. Expand the Network adapters.3. Right click on the Ethernet/Wireless Adapter and click Properties.4. Click the Power Management tab.5. Remove the check mark beside Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.6. Click OK.7. Test. Forget the network: (Windows 8)1. Press Windows Key + C2. Click Settings.3. Click Change PC settings.4. Click Network on the left.5. Click Manage known networks.6. Click the network name.7. Click Forget.Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.It may also help to reset the winsock catalogue:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh winsock reset" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.Reinstall the network adapter drivers:1. Download the drivers from here but do not run them yet.2. Go to your start screen/menu and type Device Manager.3. Expand Network adapters.4. Right click on the wireless adapter and choose Uninstall.5. Run the downloaded drivers from step 1.6. Restart your PC and test.Test an ethernet connection:Self explanatory. Test if the issue persists on a wired connection to rule out the wireless adapter hardware so troubleshooting can be directed towards the right areas.Test another connection:Many people rule out their home network as an issue if another device is working on the same network. Networking is not that simple. Each device interacts differently with your router or modem and it is impossible to rule out settings in that device until the notebook has been tested on another network. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Can-t-connect-to-wifi-wifi-doesn-t-have-a-valid-IP/td-p/4902561
Relevancy 51.6%

Okay so my desktop is connected to the network by wifi to the wireless N plus B and G router It connects to the internet fine and dandy Possible iPhone's the connected that net? computer is to connect wifi to wifi by to My iPhone can connect to the router but drops the wifi signal most of the time It doesn t seem Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net? to want to hold the connection because of either distance Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net? or interference from the wall or whatever What Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net? I want is to connect the iPhone s wifi to the computer for a stronger connection But I don t want to move the router because it s centrally located and my office is kinda further away from it Equipment computer n wireless USB adapter connected to computer g wireless PCI adapter connected to computer n router connected to internet iPhone with b g connectivity Is it possible to do this I know what people have done it with one wired connection and a wireless connection from the computer But can it be done with TWO wireless adapters connected to the computer Thanks in advance for any replies PS I know it d be easier to just use the computer to browse the internet since I d be in the office anyway but I work as a D modeler and alot of times I m testing renders for scenes and such and can t stop the render without losing the progress If I browse while it s rendering it s possible I can crash the computer because of the heavy resources the D engine is already using nbsp

A:Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net?

Doesn't hurt (except maybe your time) to try. Get an ad-hoc wireless network working between computer and iPhone (using dynamic addressing). Then in Network Connections bridge the two wireless connections.

If it doesn't work, show the following for the computer before you bridge and when you have the bridge.

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-to-connect-iphones-wifi-to-computer-that-is-connected-by-wifi-to-the-net.810596/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a HP Notebook 15. I restarted my laptop this morning and when it came back on, all options for connecting to the internet via WiFi were gone. I am able to connect to the internet via ethernet cable, and everything works this way.There are no options whatsoever to connect to WiFi or reset the connection or anything, however the WiFi itself is working because other devices in the house are connected to it. I followed a HP technical support online page, which provided step-by-step instructions of various ways to reconnect to WiFi but nothing worked. I tried restarting the computer, updating the driver software, making sure it wasn't in airplane mode, and troubleshooting. Nothing worked. What should I try next?

A:Unable to find Wifi adapter - Cannot connect to WiFi

Hi @jgkelly2, Welcome to HP Forums! I understand that wireless connection stopped working on your laptop. I want to help. Please run the Component test - Wireless Module to verify if the wireless network adapter is functioning well.HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 8) If the test failed, the wireless adapter needs to be replaced. Let me know if you need further assistance. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me a Kudos.  Regards, 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Unable-to-find-Wifi-adapter-Cannot-connect-to-WiFi/td-p/5590193
Relevancy 51.6%

Wifi doesn't connect when i move away from wifi router. I have a wifi router installed in my drawing room where i get good browsing speed on phones and laptops. But the problem starts when i take my laptop from drawing room to my bedroom which is not more than 5 mtrs from router. Wifi signal drops to zero on laptop whereas it remains decent on phones. Earlier my laptop used to connect in bedroom as well..This is happening lately. Is there any solution?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-doesn-t-connect-when-i-move-away-from-wifi-router/td-p/5768546
Relevancy 50.74%

I'm running 8.1. In some hotels I access their wifi and the icon says connected, but its not. No splash screen or anything. Other hotels and places I connect without any trouble when the icon says connected. What can I do? I deleted previous connections
that I will not use again.

Thank you.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0c54b3d8-8db7-4c83-8310-26720ff69f46/unable-to-connect-in-some-hotels-even-though-the-wifi-icon-says-connected-but-can-connect-fine-in?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi i recently upgraded from vista to Windows 7. The wifi icon that detects wifi is missing....

Using speccy it says that wifi has not been enabled....how do i enable it? Any Ideas?

I have visited the Packard Bell website to update drivers but the only info I have on the model is Notebook ZH7 but amazingly there is no refernece to this model on their site. I have downloaded and scanned and installed drivers from Device Doctor but still no joy...

How on earth can I connect to the internet? Any ideas? THANKS

A:No wifi icon at a loss to connect by wifi

hi is there not a button the top of the keyboard that turns wireless on or off?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/130786-no-wifi-icon-loss-connect-wifi.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I am totally disappointed with Asus. The problem remains unresolved after almost more than 2 years.

I hv tried all the methods mentioned at :

http://support.asus.com/Troubleshoo...en&p=3&m=A43SD&s=310&hashedid=n/a&os=&no=1773

I really regret why I purchased Asus at first place. The experience has been so much frustrating and waste of money, time and energy.

DEAR ASUS YOU SHOULD NOT BE MAKING/ SELLING A PRODUCT OF SUCH AN INFERIOR QUALITY".

TOTALLY RIDICULOUS & DISGUSTING.

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi All,

Win8:
I have two wifi APs in the home and I have it all set up so that one is the Internet by cell phone tether and the other is the cabled network via the router wifi.

Works just fine - except.

On wifi 1, Internet I have it set for "Connect automatically" which at boot up it does.

On wifi 2, Network I also have it set for "Connect automatically" which at boot up it does NOT do. I have to go in and connect manually even though the "Connect automatically" is checked.

It seems win8 sees "Connect automatically"and does it but then stops checking other connections. Probably a "feature."

Is there some way to force both "Connect automatically" to happen?

Thanks

A:Wifi Auto-Connect to two-wifi APs, problem

There is a group policy setting for this, but even if both are connected you will only be using one of those connections at a time.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/45509-wifi-auto-connect-two-wifi-aps-problem.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Latitude E running Windows Was working fine and then days ago the wifi dropped and won't go back on When I boot up the wifi icon shows wifi to a Can't Wifi shows any red more. icon x. connect black and white with the little asterisk I can click on it and see my network and my neighbors all showing up fine However after I click to try to join the network it thinks for a bit and then says Can't connect to this network Even if I put Can't connect to wifi any more. Wifi icon shows a red x. in the wrong passcode I get the same error so it's Can't connect to wifi any more. Wifi icon shows a red x. never getting far enough to even validate that After I click Close to that the Wifi icon then shows with a red white x I can then no longer see any wifi networks available at all After a minute or so the red white 'x' goes away and I can then try again but get the exact same results The network card that was in the laptop DW didn't technically have a Windows driver from Dell so I took a card from a different laptop that is supported DW but it has the exact same results I also tried connecting to a different wifi and got the exact same results Anyone have any idea what might be causing this or how I can fix it My other laptops phones Fire TV stick etc can all connect to the router just fine The laptop was just reimaged a week or so ago and worked fine for a few days before this happened Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/65842-cant-connect-wifi-any-more-wifi-icon-shows-red-x.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I'm a new Plusnet customer and I cannot connect to the internet using wifi I just get a page saying the broadband is down. So I tried using an ethernet cable and after manually setting this up I can use the internet. I accidentally disconnected the cable yesterday but the internet didn't fault, it's now working wirelessly. I can connect to the wifi using my mobile and iPad but I cannot connect to the internet. A new router has been sent and the problem still persists, a bt engineer has also visited but cannot find a solution.

Can anybody please help me?

A:I can't connect to wifi but connect with an Ethernet cable works, even when it isn't plugged in

It gets confusing as to which device is being used so as a guideline
disable one or the other (wifi vs wired) and don't allow both to be active at the same time. Technically, which ever device gets an IP address from your router will become the gateway to your ISP - - ignoring the connectivity of the second device to access your router.

With a laptop, we just toggle the keyboard to enable/disable wifi and the wired is easy - - just pull the cable out.

create a desktop shortcut to \windows\system32\devmgmt.msc
to control the devices (needs admin access)
expand [+] network adapters and you'll see the list
mine are

Dell Wireless 1502 ....
Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
Just right-click->disable and you can always right-click->enable

The png posted shows both are enabled and the wired has the gateway.
If the cable is disconnected, this is quite impossible.

SO, first control which device is to be used and then make the connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cant-connect-to-wifi-but-connect-with-an-ethernet-cable-works-even-when-it-isnt-plugged-in.204891/
Relevancy 50.31%

This is the idea, I have DVR for CCTV and I need to configure it for port forwarding, and since it has only LAN connection it is not possible to connect in pocket wifi, so i used to have a wireless router since it has a LAN connection. But I do not know how to do this connection as the wireless router to be a bridge in my pocket wifi to DVR, Anyone know how to do this? Thanks!

A:How to connect pocket wifi to wireless router, to connect the dvr for cctv?

I'm not at all sure I understand. Are you trying to use the wireless router as a Wireless Bridge (to connect to the pocket wifi via wireless and the DVR via ethernet)? If so, does the router have wireless bridge (or AP Client) mode?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-connect-pocket-wifi-to-wireless-router-to-connect-the-dvr-for-cctv.1140640/
Relevancy 49.88%

Just to start off I am COMPLETELY clueless and have no tech savvy whatsoever so simple language would be appreciated I ve owned this laptop for a little over a year and all this time I ve been able to connect to Wifi without a problem This morning the icon at the bottom left of but Laptop with Ethernet will Wifi, won't cord an to My connect connect the screen told me there was no Internet connection available when I troubleshot it it suggested using the Ethernet cord to connect The Ethernet cord connects them fine and the internet connection becomes available but I m still unable to use the Wifi This is an issue with my laptop because all the other devices My Laptop won't connect to Wifi, but will connect with an Ethernet cord in my house are able to connect to the Wifi and the modem is showing all the appropriate lights and such I ve tried turning it off and on again but alas this once that method has failed I ve also tried resetting the modem and it made no difference Last night I was uninstalling various programs that I didn t need and that s the only thing I ve done differently to my usual computing habits I don t think I removed anything unless I knew what it was but it s possible I accidently removed something important I don t know if that has any relevance or not but it s all I can think of as the reason for this My laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio and the system I use is Windows My modem is Telstra Bigpond Please help D nbsp

A:My Laptop won't connect to Wifi, but will connect with an Ethernet cord

How far from the router are you? I experience the same thing occasionally on my laptop.
I usually have to switch the wifi switch off on the laptop & on then I reboot & I'm back online. My laptop & tower are both about 50' away & on the lower floor where the router is. Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-wont-connect-to-wifi-but-will-connect-with-an-ethernet-cord.197531/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,

I am not able to connect internet via wifi (although I can connect to the router). I am able to connect to internet via plunging the cable.

I see that yellow triangle with "!" mark in the internet connection.

Please help!!

Shailesh Jajotar

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi All After much trawling on the net i have finally given in and am seeking direct help When i choose the connection's icon from the task bar to connect to wifi the connection side bar appears for a brief instant and disappears At the moment i can connect to the network in my home since it is default but anywhere else i cant choose a new network Same occurs when i try to display available networks from the network and sharing centre I made a workaround which is very cumbersome for a casual user command prompt and listed and deleted the profiles using the netsh wlan command Network and sharing Setup new connection Connect connect. Wifi disappearing, cant sidebar or network Manually connect to a wireless network typed the credentials of the network checked start this connection automatically box and apply i needed to know the details for this Any answers as to why i cant' see the list of available networks or an easier work around or just see it briefly would be a help Cheers in advance Gerry

A:Wifi Connect sidebar disappearing, cant connect.

Did not find a solution to my problem, so resorted to a 'refresh', which gave me the the full functionality for the sidebar.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/47558-wifi-connect-sidebar-disappearing-cant-connect.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a free wifi connection provided by my property management it is unsecured and password free I've been connecting to it with no problems on my laptop running vista for weeks. I bought a tenda 11n wireless usb device so I could get my desktop connected to it also, I set up and installed the card I connect to the wireless network like it was nothing but it will not connect to the internet please try and help me out thanks

A:Free wifi in my apy will connect but won't connect w/ internet

Imagine that. On another board, it was a neighbor, and I closed that because you are violating the terms of service for the ISP. Now you're here, and suddenly it's a new story.

In any case, I'm closing this one too, since I really doubt the second story!

You may want to read the TSG Rules, we don't assist in illegal activities here either.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/free-wifi-in-my-apy-will-connect-but-wont-connect-w-internet.883995/
Relevancy 49.02%

hi, i have an alienware m15x r2 which i recently upgraded to windows 8 through a clean install. everything works great except for the wireless, and i cannot for the life of me figure out whats run. ive tried about 10 different wifi points on campus and tried wirelessly tethering tommy phone and nothing works. the wireless card is a broadcom aw1397. also when i run ipconfig, it says there is no default gateway for the connection

A:Wifi does not connect, limited connection or cannot connect

Bump plz help

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/12320-wifi-does-not-connect-limited-connection-cannot-connect.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello guys,
i'm new here and Im really desperate for your help!
As i stated,when I try to connect to my wifi it says unable to connect because it is hidden.The really annoying thing though is tha i can connect via my smartphone without any problem.
Do you have any suggestions? Im using Vista if that matters.

A:When I try to connect to my wifi it says unable to connect because it is hidden

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-i-try-to-connect-to-my-wifi-it-says-unable-to-connect-because-it-is-hidden.1131695/
Relevancy 49.02%

My HP Envy m6 laptop cannot connect to our wifi connection and only connects using the cable connection, ethernet. It was still fine when I downloaded windows 8.1 but all of a sudden displays limited/no connectivity. I tried everything I can including resetting tcp ip settings thru command prompt, finding other drivers till someone suggested me to put my laptop back to windows 8. Still didn't fix the problem. Now, my laptop does not access wifi nor detect any wireless connection whether our home wifi, or others. Please do help me. I really need to fix this. I'm a student and I badly need wifi connection since its the only available connection in our school. I am not knowledgable about this issue and it would be really great if someone could help. Thank you so much!

Solved!
View Solution.

A:HP Envy m6 cannot connect/detect wifi but can connect to eth...

Hi, Please try "Ralink 802.11 b/g/n WiFi Adapter":    http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp57501-58000/sp57538.exe Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Envy-m6-cannot-connect-detect-wifi-but-can-connect-to/td-p/4375364
Relevancy 49.02%

I recently updated my Inspiron 14" 5459 to the Windows 10 anniversary update, i noticed that when my wifi access point changes or wifi signal drops or turning off wifi, my laptop semi-freezes, you could still scroll with the mouse or track pad and select open tabs but that's all, clicking other icons and even the windows start menu does not work, if you wait for more than 5 minutes, everything goes back to normal. Waiting around for about 5 minutes is annoying so what I do is press ctrl alt delete and from there restart the laptop. my wifi adapter is updated to the most recent version and also both graphics card (intel hd 520 and amd radeon m335) is also updated to the latest version.  Any suggestion on how to resolve this issue?

A:after Windows 10 anniversary update, Inspiron 5459 freezes if wifi is turned off or wifi access point is changed, is there a solution to this problem?

Please confirm the wireless card from the device manger or the network control panel. Also please update the BIOS firmware to the latest version. The BIOS update should ideally be version v1.2.2. Also please try system out with  a LAN cable as well to confirm if is indeed caused by the wireless. Though this may not run a complete diagnostics on the network you can run a hardware diagnostics on the computer using the following steps

Shutdown the computer
Hold the 'Fn' key and turn on the computer
Let go of the 'Fn' key after 2 seconds

This is will initiate the H/w diagnostics. Please let us know if it completes or if  you run into any errors. If  you do run into any errors. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988325
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi.just a little wifi problem.my laptop can not find my wifi connection,but my phone and other laptop can.i have no idea what is the problem.please help,thanks in advance.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/wifi-problem-can-not-connect-my-wifi-4605910/
Relevancy 48.59%

I try to connect to the internet but it says no networks are available even though my phone is connected to my wif and it says wifi is disabled but there is no button to enable it. I spoke with someone from google and we did a powerwash, now it is stuck on the main screen that says welcome, select your language keyboard, and network but I can't move pass this page because it says no networks are available. Please help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Can-t-connect-to-wifi-says-wifi-is-disabled/td-p/5836479
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi nbsp I'm new to the forum so i'm sorry if this Disconnects Wifi for to or Wifi connect Won't has been covered before nbsp I've had this laptop which i use for work for about years now It's pretty much worked ok except that it's now very slow when a webpage has ad's on it and it seems to take ages to load the page etc nbsp However the main reason is the wifi issue It's usually been great up until last night nbsp I was switching off the machine and it says shutdown and update Won't connect to Wifi or Disconnects for Wifi so i did this as i normally do However this morning it wouldnt connect to the wifi and said there was problems I kept switching it off and on and eventually got it to connect to the internet However twice now it's suddenly had the exclamation mark over the wifi signal etc nbsp ps I checked the network adaptor Qualcomm Atheros AR b g n wifi adaptor nbsp Can anyone help Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Won-t-connect-to-Wifi-or-Disconnects-for-Wifi/td-p/5723025
Relevancy 48.59%

In My Device Manager appears a exclamation mark next to the SCSI/RAID Host Controller

LIKE THIS

AND WHEN I CLICK IN PROPERTIES APPEARS THIS
I ALREADY CLICK IN TROUBLESHOOT
AND ONLY THIS APPEARS

How can I fix this???
Any help is greatly appreciated

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-cannot-load-the-device-driver-for-this-hardware-the-driver-may-be-corrupted.847642/
Relevancy 48.59%

In My Device Manager appears a exclamation mark next to the SCSI/RAID Host Controller

LIKE THIS

AND WHEN I CLICK IN PROPERTIES APPEARS THIS
I ALREADY CLICK IN TROUBLESHOOT
AND ONLY THIS APPEARS

How can I fix this??? I really need help to fix this
Any help is greatly appreciated

A:Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-cannot-load-the-device-driver-for-this-hardware-the-driver-may-be-corrupted.847646/
Relevancy 48.59%

Please help me. For both of my cd/dvd rom drives I get the following error: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device. How can I fix this?

Any help is greatly appreciated,

thisismyuser

A:Solved: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be co

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-cannot-load-the-device-driver-for-this-hardware-the-driver-may-be-co.177987/
Relevancy 48.59%

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) <-- This god for shaken message is stopping me from enjoying my computer.

The driver is MAT****A DVD-RAM UJ-861H ATA Device

And that up there is the error message, i havnt downloaded anything i just pressed the button on the cd/dvd drive and my computer shut down and when i turned it back on nothing it it worked.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Im practilly computer illiterate so please be easy on the big words and stuff =]

A:Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted

Please try the steps below:

1. Uninstall all third-party burning software, such as Nero and Roxio.

2. Perform a Clean Boot to test the result.

Clean Boot

========
a. Click Start, type "MSCONFIG" (without the quotations) in the Search Bar and Press "Enter" to start the System Configuration Utility.

Note: Please click Continue if the "User Account Control" window pops up.

b. Click the "Services" tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click "Disable All" (if it is not gray).
c. Click the "Startup" tab, click "Disable All" and click "OK".
d. Restart the computer and test the issue.

Note: Clean Boot is a troubleshooting step. If some programs have been disabled, we can re-enable them later. If you see the System Configuration Utility, check the box of "Don't show this message" and then click "OK".

Please test this issue in the Clean Boot environment. If the issue disappears, we can use a 50/50 approach to quickly narrow down which entry is causing the issue.

If the issue persists, please contact your computer manufacturer to check if the DVD drive is damaged.

If not, you may need to restore the system to its factory settings.

Hope it helps.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/203723-windows-cannot-load-device-driver-hardware-driver-may-corrupted.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello everyone, I'm new here and after searching without finding i am asking for your help.
I have just updated from Me to Xp update install,all is working fine except the sound card drivers won't load and in the device manager it says
'Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)'.next to my 'Creative Audigy Audio Processor(WDM)
My system is:

a7v8x-x asus MB
amd sempron 2500+ socket A processor
audigy platinum ex
512 MB RAM
I have updated the MB and the Processer Bios,I have installed sp2for XP,
I have tried to follow 'instructions' from Creative Support etc.
I really need some advice.
Thanks
Kurt

Go to the sound card makers web site and DN the latest XP drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-cannot-load-the-device-driver-for-this-hardware-the-driver-may-be-corrupted.320273/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have this problem:
Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory. (Code 38)

The driver could not be loaded because a previous version of the driver is still in memory.

and now I am not able to connect any usb device to my laptop making it virtually impossible to use windows 10.
How do I downgrade to windows 7,have enough of the beta testing.
I even have a purchased version of windows 10 pro which I really regret buying, worst investment ever.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6070b9bf-bb9a-4579-80aa-b64b1241a77c/windows-cannot-load-the-device-driver-for-this-hardware-because-a-previous-instance-of-the-device?forum=w8itprohardware
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello i have just got a Wifi Access point al is wirking ok as far as i am aware. The problem is that i have a Toshiba 1410 whitch is ment to have a wifi lan card in it. It does have a switch on the side for it whitch says on/off It is On!!! But it wont make a connection at all i cant find the connection on there where i can configure the adaptor. It does have the intel Onbord Network card on whit does work as i have been using it!!!! Any 1 got any idears i am using Windows XP what come witht he computer it is a Toshiba Laptop 1410.
Thanks for any Replys

A:Wifi Hardware

If it has a WiFi card and a wired NIC you need to select which one you will be using for your network connection in your network config. I am sure there is an applet in either network settings or control panel for configuring this device.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-hardware.210374/
Relevancy 47.3%

.I reprogrammed my laptop Samsung with the model code NP-N102S-B02NG. so when I'm connecting my laptop to the wi-fi i cannot connect because it has no driver for Ethernet and Network Controller driver. so I waana ask how can I have those driver?
I need your help so that I can already use my laptop. thankyou

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1325e3dc-3dcd-46ad-a467-fa734eb53aed/i-reprogrammed-my-laptop-samsung-with-the-model-code-npn102sb02ng-so-when-im-connecting-my?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 47.3%

I am totally weirded out by this I got a Samsung Evo ssd about a month ago I include this because it might cause the and Wifi corrupted/gone Driver, Display Printer, driver problem I am running windows x Last Saturday I woke up and my computer blue-screened because of a DPC WATCHDOG something or another I was able to fix it by updating my GPU and integrated graphics drivers Yesterday tuesday I went to print a document with LibreOffice and it said copied from a dialog box splwow exe - Bad Image Printer, Display Driver, and Wifi driver corrupted/gone --------------------------- C Windows system spool DRIVERS x UNIDRV DLL is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator Printer, Display Driver, and Wifi driver corrupted/gone or the software vendor for support Error status xc f Okay I think I can print elsewhere I continue working still need a solution to this part of my question is how do I fix this Here is where it gets weirder today twice I put my computer to sleep and when it wakes up my wifi is gone boom nada I try toggling my PC into airplane mode I try turning Airplane mode off wifi stays off I try to turn the wifi on and it won't turn on I tried manually dragging it to no avail I am now assuming this is a driver issue Any ideas what could be causing this I have run a full scan of my AV and am scanning with ESET online but nothing yet

A:Printer, Display Driver, and Wifi driver corrupted/gone

Well problems went away... still no printer driver.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/63597-printer-display-driver-wifi-driver-corrupted-gone.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello all I changed my router access password and wireless WPA Pre-Shared key today by logging in at After that I realized that my wireless would still connect but it wouldn t load up webpages quickly or at all for that matter I tried to troubleshoot just based on the things I know to do e g flushdns winsock fix release renew wireless adapter properties changing the preferred and alternate DNS servers etc When I still was able to connect to wireless I ran troubleshooter It came back that it was properly configured by the DNS server was not responding I m writing this connect won't with Ethernet connect Wifi Can post with my ethernet Can connect with Ethernet Wifi won't connect cable in my computer because wireless won t even connect anymore It says RCA on the physical router but when Can connect with Ethernet Wifi won't connect I login it says quot Thomson quot Can someone help Thanks Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA NBWAA Antivirus AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi,

Hope you are all doing good. From past few days I am not able to connect to any wireless networks on my laptop which is running windows 7 64-bit. I didn't change/install anything, it stopped working suddenly. I was able to connect to LAN and it's working perfectly fine. All other devices (phones and others computers) are able to connect to my Wi-Fi networks. I tried many things like re-installing my Wi-Fi adapter drivers, reset my router, clearing the Wi-Fi networks and adding them, many reboots, and few steps like clearing DNS and other settings as per the instructions on the Microsoft website. Can you please review and advise a good solution. Please let me know if you need any further info.

Thank you in advance.

Thanks,
Nikhil.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/400453-unable-connect-wifi-but-able-connect-lan.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey guys I while to WIFI being able Can't to ethernet connect connect to m new to this forum and wasn t sure where to post this question but I decided to put it here as it seems to be where most people have had internet queries I m a bit perplexed at the moment For the last few days I ve been trying to somehow fix my internet problem I scoured other forums for similar questions and tried all the things they ve said and still had no luck so I ve run out of options and decided to Can't connect to ethernet while being able to connect to WIFI set up this Can't connect to ethernet while being able to connect to WIFI account and ask myself I have a virgin media super hub Recently the ethernet cable wouldn t connect I tried other ethernet cables to see if it was due to me breaking it and no luck Not sure if it s a coincidence or not but at the same time I also wasn t able to connect to the ghz supplied by the router So I m left with ghz wireless at the moment My friend also can t connect to the ghz on the router so it might be something to do with the router rather than my laptop but I m not sure what would have caused it in the last few days it s a new router hub too only about a month old I think generally you re supposed to post your ipconfig Which I ll post if asked I ve tried flushing the DNS ipconfig renew release etc So i m really stuck for ideas nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

Dear concern, Good day I recently setup my laptop (HP Notebook - 14-ac037tu)  in windows 7 but it is not connecting with my wifi network. And it is also not working even after connecting with broadband network. So many hard ware is not installing drivers because I cant find them anywhere.Please give me solution. here is a view of the problem:   Thank you,Ahsan   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/No-wifi-connection-and-no-wifi-driver/td-p/5635294
Relevancy 46.87%

I am working on a Dell inspiron 1420 with a service tag of 5XFMSF1, and an express service code of 12905552989. I had to reformat the drive and re install windows vista. I have it done and now i cant get the WiFi card to work. When i go into device manager it doesn't show any wireless adapters. I loaded all the drivers from the disc that were allowed but when trying to load any of the wireless drivers on the resource cd i get device not found. I checked in BIOS and see that wireless is in fact enabled. Please help !

A:Solved: no wifi adapter in hardware

What, if any, devices in Device Manager are flagged with a warning or error?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-wifi-adapter-in-hardware.1122658/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi there Wifi hardware disabled Yoga2 13 nbsp i bought a Lenovo Yoga it comes wirh a Intel Wireless N It came with an OEM Windows At first the Wireless worked pretty good with no problems but then it would not turn on anymore It came after i tried to copy the partition nbsp Solutions i already tried since - enable wireless in bios- A whole lot of drivers- reinstall windows - installt windows a solution was described that in windows it could be activatet with the hot key sadly the hotkey software i found on lenovo could not be installed on the yoga nbsp But none worked in windows i can switch the flightmode but it switches only the bluetooth adapter The Wireless adapter Yoga2 13 Wifi hardware disabled stays grey and cannot be switched In the device Manager it says that the networkcontroler works fine it is activatet in the network adapters it is also activatet but has a red corss nbsp When i use the intel software it tells me wifi on if i switch it to off an back to on the message says that the Hardware Switch is diabled wich i do not have nbsp The only solution i found and did not try was with linux since i do not have linux https forums lenovo com t Idea-Windows-based-Tablets-and Wifi-is-hardware-disabled m-p M nbsp But my Problem seems to be the same an hard block in the wifi controler nbsp Can u help me with a windows fix nbsp Thanks michael

A:Yoga2 13 Wifi hardware disabled

I'm having the same problem. Also on the Yoga2 13. When I run diagnostics from Intel PROSet/Wireless tools (link from the Network and Sharing Center - available after I installed latest Intel drivers), and it says that the "Hardware radio is OFF". The WLAN is enabled in BIOS. Where is this hardware switch?! At first, the wireless card seemed to be working. It downloaded and applied several WIndows Updates. After a few reboots, I went to configure other apps and I went into BIOS to enable Legacy boot mode (to boot from USB stick to run a backup and repartition to run other OS). At some point the wireless radio got turned off (sometime during or after the windows updaters and before/after the backup, long before I actually repartitioned), and there doesn't seem to be a physical hardware switch or Fn key combination switch to turn it back on. Windows sees the Intel Wireless-N 7260 in Device Manager, but it says that WiFi is off when trying to connect to a network (it shows as off greyed out). I did a parallel install of WIndows 8.1 with Update 1, it made no difference. I've tried different drivers (the original that shipped with the tablet, the updated one from Lenovo's site, and Intel's updated drivers) with no effect. I tried uninstalling KB 2903939, 2887595, and 2883200 (which had no effect) and then downloading on a USB key and and reinstalling them in the correct order, still no effect.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga2-13-Wifi-hardware-disabled/td-p/1535604
Relevancy 46.87%

Every time I try to update PXI Hardware HID Complaint Device in windows update I get error code 80070020.
I disabled my antivirus and tried updating it again didn't help. Do any of you have any solutions that will most likely work

A:I can't update PXI Hardware HID Complaint Device in windows update

This appears to be a process-share error.
I suspect that you may have multiple instances of the same process running and Windows is getting confused.
This is sometimes the case with Malware, and sometimes a problem with an AV - but there are other causes.

What AV is currently installed? What other Security software is installed?

See the advice here Windows Update error 80070020 - Windows Help
follow that, and post back with the results.

If you're still unable to install the updates,
Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data
If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for a number of reasons)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/338175-i-cant-update-pxi-hardware-hid-complaint-device-windows-update.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I was running Windows XP previously and I was using a D-Link DWL-G650 rev.B wireless card. The card itself worked just fine during the activation process but once Windows boots, it says the device fails to start. I do see in Windows Update that there is an update for this device. I can uninstall and reinstall this device and it works for a minute or so. I have completed a few other updates but when I try to run the update for the wireless card, it says it fails. I tried a few different things but I broke down and bought a new wireless adapter but is there a way to download updates for use on a different computer (i.e. I download the update at work and run it at home)

A:Device Update Failure (Not Sure If This Is Hardware Related or Update)

Can you not use a wired connection temporarily?

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/7225-device-update-failure-not-sure-if-hardware-related-update.html
Relevancy 46.87%

hello friend..

I cannot update windows 10 to anniversary update. Every time I check for update, this came out

"We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet."

I am connected to internet, Mozilla firefox is ok, utorrent is ok, everything is fine except windows update.
I have try disable the firewall, turn off windows defender, disable antivirus, none of it work.
I downloaded windows10 update assistant, did not work.
I don't know what is blocking windows update form connecting to internet.

Any suggestion? or perhaps solution.

Thank You.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/62813-unable-update-windows-update-cannot-connect-update-service.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi everybody..
I'm just starting my master project..
so im really a beginner student
I want to make a configuration for data sending from ultrasound machine to pda..
before that from ultrasound machine to pda,i should have a hardware for video grabber and wifi interface
Where should i buy video grabber and wifi interface?
Anybody could give me some advise or recommend me a link to buy it?
Thank you in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hardware-for-video-grabber-and-wifi-interface.1002294/
Relevancy 46.44%

as i came back from my sister's house on one fine day, i opened up my seemingly untouched computer, hoping to play another rousing match of TF2. unfortunately, there is a really horrifying problem with my internet: it doesn't work. the problem is 36263163189% NOT from my router/connection point, seeing as i have taken it to 3 different locations with no success. it's odd, because no matter what i try, it's almost like my computer is pushing me away from any internet access. i tried pretty much everything that i could find by looking through google, and to no avail.

anyone who successfully helps me gets a free cookie!

A:Hardware/Wifi Adapter/Program Malfunctioning

Hiya pal and welcome to the forums. A good start would be if you could fill in your system spec in full (as best you can), just makes it easier for us to try and help you out

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/157912-hardware-wifi-adapter-program-malfunctioning.html
Relevancy 46.44%

but it's not Hi I'm Antonio About a is Windows off... 8 (hardware wifi switch) thinks month ago while I was doing work I tried to access Ubuntu from my jump drive to look at a certain application don't remember what Couldn't get the wifi working in Ubuntu as had happened in the past so I gave up When I Windows 8 thinks wifi (hardware switch) is off... got back to Windows the wi-fi was not working in Windows either It's still not working Despite the wifi switch being clearly in the quot on quot position it doesn't think the wifi is on Toggling the switch with the Device manager open shows the Bluetooth drivers popping in and out so the switch is physically working at any rate The wifi drivers stay put and Device Manager thinks they're working fine Sony Vaio S series laptop VPCSB FX Windows -bit I've tried -Deleting and re-installing drivers -Deleting and re-enabling -Doing a system refresh If I go back into Ubuntu as I'm doing now I can fire off an quot rfkill unblock all quot command and the wifi works Hardware swtich and all How do I get Windows to think my switch is on and that my hardware is working

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/27227-windows-8-thinks-wifi-hardware-switch-off.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I recently decided to setup hardware speed new slow Wifi extremely after my hardware I bought few months ago I decided to get rid of the wifi router I was using wndr v and setup a Uniquiti EdgeRouter lite and an open mesh AP mr I decided to use my wifi router as a temp switch only until I got a new switch So I reset the wifi router setup the AP and router and tested the speed and it went dropped to about of the speeds I was getting with the wifi router I tested the speed via Ethernet directly with the edgerouter and the temp switch and the speeds were great about mbps I tried rebooting everything but that didn t help I then tried to reconfigure the wifi router to also use the wifi part of it Wifi speed extremely slow after new hardware to see if my open mesh Wifi speed extremely slow after new hardware AP was at fault but no the wifi router speeds were also down I m not sure what is the issue and would like some recommendations on how to troubleshoot this issue I know my wifi speeds won t match my wired speeds but I was consistently getting about - mbps on ghz wifi and it s now down to - mbps nbsp

https://hardforum.com/threads/wifi-speed-extremely-slow-after-new-hardware.1917065/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi.

I have a pesky little brother who keeps switching off the WiFi switch on my laptop when I leave home without some downloads on. He does so that he can hog up all the bandwidth for himself.

Is there any way I could disable the WiFi switch so that my WiFi stays on at all times? I have a Lenovo Y560.

Thanks.

A:Disable WiFi hardware switch on laptop

If he can't turn off the WiFi what will stop him from just powering the system down?

There may be a way to catch the key using AutoHotkey. You would have to have a script running that echos the vk key codes as each key is pressed. Once you know the code for the WiFi key you can just intercept it with a one line script.

But he could still just close the program running the script or hold down the power button.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/365821-disable-wifi-hardware-switch-laptop.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi there.

While you can't break the Laws of Physics for say maximum transfer speeds of specific hardware - if both machine and Router are powerful enough could built in Hardware compression of the signals speed up the transmission between computer and ISP - less physical data would be transferred over say the wifi link - dynamic compression and de-compression could cut down the data sent / received by around 30 - 50 % -- a significant saving especially on wifi.

I haven't seen any of these with built in hardware compression but surely they exist. The compression should ideally be done in the NIC as well avoiding load on the Host computer's CPU.

Maybe wifi protocols already have compression / decompression in them but I don't think so. !!

Please note here -- I'm NOT talking about encrypting signals - that's a whole different issue.

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/67347-anyway-get-faster-lan-wifi-speeds-via-hardware-compression.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi guys, I have a strange problem with one Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E145 notebooks. At first I was not able to start in windows the wireless but after multiple uninstall/install/update of the drivers I managed to do it. Still Windows shows WiFi on but in the same time off and I can't see any WLAN networks. The windows diagnose of the WLAN adapter shows - wireless capability is turned off The Lenovo Diagnostic Tools shows - Warning Hardware state is off I've checked BIOS, check the settings of the card and I don't have a hardware switch on the notebook. Is there any way that I could "reset" this lock or enable it somehow? Thanks in advance I forgot to add that the notebook is with Windows 10 64bit and there are not much apps and drivers for it.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/Turn-on-wifi-switch-without-hardware-button/td-p/3454614
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi I have a hp mini running windows I went to driver get wifi work, 'official' the even cant driver. my to the hp driver website but the correct driver wont install and other drivers ive tried arent working please can someone tell me where to get cant get my wifi driver to work, even the 'official' driver. a thing as simple as a working wifi driver thanks p s ive tried hp forums they are about as usefull as a chocolate kettle update its definately the correct driver and i managed to install it but its still isnt working it keeps saying no connections are available yet if i boot into my xp partition it connects to wifi with no problem Its not working right cant get my wifi driver to work, even the 'official' driver. maybesome other driver is clashing with it i noticed it cant get my wifi driver to work, even the 'official' driver. got mistaked for bluetooth or something and was turjing on bluetooth when it was supposed to turn on wifi i really dont know please help someone its little niggles like this that bring a man to ddespair simply becasue he haas no idea wat the problem is to even begin to fix it

A:cant get my wifi driver to work, even the 'official' driver.

Quote: Originally Posted by mysticeye

its little niggles like this that bring a man to ddespair, simply becasue he haas no idea wat the problem is to even begin to fix it

Dam* niggles will get you every time o.0

You will want to use the 'official' driver. There are all kinds of mini-210 hp PCs: HP Support & Drivers | United States - find yours, make sure if your computer is 64 bit, you get the 64bit driver; and if it is 32bit, get the 32bit (or x86) driver.

After you download it, go into control panel and remove any wireless adapter driver software you might have, and then install the software you just downloaded. All you should have to do is find your network and connect to it, entering in a single password.

If this doesn't work, let me know

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/211584-cant-get-my-wifi-driver-work-even-official-driver.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey - my hardware wifi switch keeps breaking, thinking it's in the off position. I can temporarily fix it by opening up the laptop and jigger the connections, but this takes a full hour every time i do it, and it only seems to last a month or so, then it breaks again and i have to open up the computer again.  Is it possible to simply disable the hardware switch? 

A:Disabling T430 hardware wifi switch permanently

Welcome to the forum.

oxgaard wrote:

Is it possible to simply disable the hardware switch? 

Have you considered soldering a jumper across the switch?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Disabling-T430-hardware-wifi-switch-permanently/td-p/3385935
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi guys I have a strange problem with one Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E Turn - wifi E145 without hardware button on switch notebooks At first I was not able to start in windows the wireless but after multiple uninstall install update of the drivers I managed to do it Still Windows shows WiFi on but in the same time off and I can't see any WLAN networks The windows diagnose of the WLAN adapter shows - wireless capability is turned off The Lenovo Diagnostic Tools shows - Warning Hardware state is off I've checked BIOS check the settings of the card and I don't have a hardware switch on the notebook Is there any way that I could E145 - Turn on wifi switch without hardware button reset E145 - Turn on wifi switch without hardware button this lock or enable it somehow Thanks in advance nbsp I forgot to add that the notebook is with Windows bit and there are E145 - Turn on wifi switch without hardware button not much apps and drivers for it nbsp P S I found the solution I removed the BIOS battery for Min and after this everything worked Still if someone knows another approach it will be better nbsp nbsp Moderator comment Model added to subject for clarity

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/E145-Turn-on-wifi-switch-without-hardware-button/td-p/3454614
Relevancy 46.01%

hey guys please help yesterday night i formatted my friend's lenovo laptop with Win Ultimate All went perfect but when the desktop appear i looked upon the network icon on the right bottom of the taskbar a cross sign appeared on it Solutions - i tried updating the drivers through device manager - NO result i downloaded the wifi software from the lenovo drivers site - During installation messaged appeared quot There are no match driver for the hardware quot I reformatted the Laptop again - NO progress I even uninstalled the drivers from the device manager and restarted the laptop quot in a hope it will install automatically quot but still nothing And its a good image - not broken fixed nothing - its ing perfect I used it soo many times to format my friends family others PC's all are working perfectly I dont understand how did thing happened I even installed the same image in my vmware just for to be sure if its not corrupted but it was installed and working fine with all drivers running SO please help guys Give me some solutions

A:Lenovo Wifi Hardware not detecting after Win7 Formatting

A long shot but maybe?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/243188-lenovo-wifi-hardware-not-detecting-after-win7-formatting.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,I had to disassemble my Aspire 5750g for the second time after the second power jack failure in two years and after putting everything back together my computer does not see any WIFI hardware in Win 8.1 x64. I admit I might've missed something during assembly, but I am still pretty sure that everything was in place.I'd like to ask about about the location of the WiFi module on the motherboard and the way it is connected to the motherboard (is it integrated or does it have to be plugged in like speakers, microphone or power jack for that matter.Thanks for any kind of help. I apologize if I chose the wrong forum for the topic, I could not find aspire notebooks section.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Aspire-5750g-doesn-t-detect-wifi-hardware-after-disassembly/td-p/458379
Relevancy 46.01%

Was not sure what category this goes into. Here is my situation/question. I run a small motel and having trouble with Wifi signal reaching the 2nd floor rooms sufficiently. I have heard of the terminology and it's quite daunting... you have wifi booster, access point, range expanders, repeaters, bridges...etc. Do I need one of booster/expanders/repeaters for each floor? The property is a L shape, the router is in the office on the short side. Below is the the orientation of the property which might help. Thanks in advance...

| Office (Router location)
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
| C
| o
| rner rooms
| (low to no signal)------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A:Outside Hardware needed to boost Wifi router signal?

Can't give any guarantees, as sometimes you just have to try to see if there are any obstacles (e.g., concrete wall) to proposed solutions.

For the diagram shown the best solution is to add an Access Point (AP) somewhere along the long side and run an ethernet cable from the router to the AP. If running a cable is not an option there are (at least) three alternatives ...

a. Replace the router antenna(s) with a hi-gain antenna if the router has removable antenna(s).

b. Use powerline adapters (example) to add an AP along the long side. These adapters may work great, may not work at all, or may work fine until something else is plugged into the electrical circuit.

c. Put a Range Extender (Repeater) at the corner of the L. Since these rebroadcast the signals the network is necessarily slowed, and they are often difficult to get working, especially if they are a different brand than the router.

Depending on the construction of your walls and ceiling/floors you may need more than one of the above additions.

Note 1: Any wireless router can be configured as an Access Point, and often are less expensive. I can post the procedure if you go that route.

Note 2: If you are looking for a Range Extender (Repeater) also search for Access Point and "Ethernet Convertor" and see if the unit also has the Extender/Repeater function. A few routers also have this feature.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outside-hardware-needed-to-boost-wifi-router-signal.1003492/
Relevancy 45.58%

I usually use the internet in 3 locations on my laptop and till a few days back the laptop would connect fine to all 3 wifi networks. However, out of the blue my laptop stopped connecting to the wifi at location A and B, and still connects fine at location C. Other laptops and phones still connect fine to the wifi at location A and B, there's been no change in the software on my laptop since before the problem and I've run a system restore too to back when it was working, with no luck. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the adapter driver, also cleared my saved network locations and tried to connect again. Any other suggestions?

A:Error "Windows was unable to connect to ABC" when trying to connect to ABC wifi.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-windows-was-unable-to-connect-to-abc-when-trying-to-connect-to-abc-wifi.1127486/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello everyone,

I just bought the Wireless N PCI Adapter (TL-WN851ND) from TP-LINK for my Windows 10 PC. It says that it's compatible for Windows 7/Vista/XP but it doesn't say Windows 10 on there. I thought that since it works on Windows 7, it will probably work on Windows 10 aswell, but since I inserted the card and have it running my computer freezes randomly and gives me a blue screen sometime later. The blue screen also says MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION. Sometimes when I turn the PC on it will freeze and go to the blue screen while loading Windows 10.

Is there any possible way to make this adapter compatible for Windows 10 without it freezing all the time which leads to me having to reboot the computer over and over again?

A:Making a hardware for Windows7 compatible with Windows10 (Wifi card)

When I tried to install the driver that came with the hardware it said that it doesn't work on this operating system (Windows 10).
I installed a different random driver that I found in the internet, but it still freezes every now and then.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/53988-making-hardware-windows7-compatible-windows10-wifi-card.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi. I have Dell Vostro 14 5459 with Ubuntu 14.04. After first use I press Fn+PrtScr for disable WiFi and now I can't enable WiFi. rfkill list print that phy0 is Hard blocked.
Upgrade BIOS, reset BIOS - not effect.
New install Windows 10 Pro (1511) with last drivers can't enable WiFi.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19989323
Relevancy 44.72%

Can I attach the keyboard that I use with my desktop computer (i.e., it has a cord that plugs into the back of the desktop with a round "jack" that appears to have 6 pins) to my notebook pc?  If I cannot plug it in directly, is there an "interface cable" or fitting of some kind that can be plugged into the notebook and that will also accept the keyboard's plug?  Do I have to have a wireless keyboard?  

A:connect external hardware

jamesthompson Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!The connector that you are talking about used to be called a PS/2 connector -- and they were used for both keyboards and mice.  The keyboard had a purple connector; the mouse had light green. And yes, you can buy an adapter such that the keyboard ps/2 connector plugs into that, and the adapter plugs into any USB port on the laptop.Good Luck

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/connect-external-hardware/td-p/5741833