Windows Support Forum

Compaq CQ56 101SA notebook cracked LCD internally

Q: Compaq CQ56 101SA notebook cracked LCD internally

Hey Techspotters I recently acquired a new Compaq Presario CQ - SA notebook with a year warranty Problem is after two weeks the display appeared with vertical and cracked internally CQ56 notebook Compaq LCD 101SA horizontal white lines and in the top left hand corner a bright white and blue blobbed image appeared and has gotten bigger from top left heading to bottom right I immediately informed Compaq Compaq CQ56 101SA notebook cracked LCD internally HP who arranged to have my laptop collected and sent for repair under warranty I subsequently received a call from HP Engineering Dept that the LCD screen had been cracked inside there is no physical external damage Compaq CQ56 101SA notebook cracked LCD internally due to undue pressure or knock to the screen and that it was deemed as accidental damage and not covered under warranty Now I can categorically say that to my knowledge nothing untoward has happened to this laptop it is weeks old I open it and then I close it and it has had normal use for the weeks that i have had it HP wanted to fix it Compaq CQ56 101SA notebook cracked LCD internally or alternatively return it free of charge unfixed No amount of persuasive talk from me would change her mind so I opted to have the notebook returned to me Now I could fix this as a new LCD screen is relatively cheap to purchase - online but I fear that if I do this it will invalidate my year warranty Has anyone else had any similar issues with Compaq and HP notebooks or have I just been extremely unlucky here and suffered a night gremlin notebook attack I would very much appreciate advice on what my rights are or if anyone else has had similar with HP Compaq Many thanks for taking the time to read reply Regards nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Compaq CQ56 101SA notebook cracked LCD internally

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Compaq CQ56 101SA notebook cracked LCD internally

I've had to install a new lcd screen in a toshiba about 3 years ago. I was very careful to not leave striped screws or scratched paint near any of the screw holes. a year later my hdd died and my laptop was still under warranty( extended which i purchased) and they installed a new hdd.

That was a few years ago and a different company. I'm not sure about other experiences, but in mine I believe since I didn't visibly damage anything they couldn't have known if I opened it or not at any time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compaq-cq56-101sa-notebook-cracked-lcd-internally.163752/
Relevancy 95.03%

I have a Compaq Presario CQ - DX Notebook PC and lately I have been having problems with the computer When I turn it on the screen is blank and it seems like it doesn't log into Windows because when it goes into Windows it usually makes the welcome noise the Capslock light flashes the CD drive won't... on Notebook turns but it Presario PC Compaq CQ56-115DX works the wireless light is red on the left side in one of the USB ports it has a small light that flickers a bit and then stops after I turn on the computer The laptop battery works the AC adapter works the light where the adapter connects to turns on when I connect it I tried doing the thing where you take out the battery and disconnect the adapter and turn on the So everything works except the screen is blank I connected another monitor to see if it's the GPU that's bad or my laptop's monitor but my other computer's monitor doesn't detect anything which leads me to believe it's not my laptop's screen but something else Here's the other thing though sometimes when I turn on the laptop the screen does show up and everything goes in like normal the orange screen with the COMPAQ logo comes up the Windows logo etc but when I turn Compaq Presario CQ56-115DX Notebook PC turns on but it won't... it off and then try to turn it back again the screen is blank and I turn it off and on again several times until the computer decides to work normally Right now I'm in my CQ - DX Notebook PC and I haven't really done anything to it and I am afraid to turn it off again because I feel like it's not going to work anymore especially since my warranty expired another thing that I have is that when the computer detects a new USB my printer or my hard drive it makes the usual 'detection noise but the screen goes black and it doesn't go back to normal until I move my finger over the touch pad sometimes it goes dark again and I have to move my finger across the touchpad several times and eventually when it detects whatever it is detecting it stops So yeah any ideas what this might be

A:Compaq Presario CQ56-115DX Notebook PC turns on but it won't...

Hello Vault, You said something about the Caps lock light blinking. I would request you to tell me the patern of those blinks.  RegardsMathewT

**Click on the KUDOS Star on the left to say "thanks" for helping!****Please Mark a Reply "Accept As Solution" if this has resolved your issue.**I Work On Behalf Of HP

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Compaq-Presario-CQ56-115DX-Notebook-PC-turns-on-but-it-won-t/td-p/2662171
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi all,
I had brought a Compaq Mini CQ10-101SA around 6 Years ago, the problems is that whenever i start the laptop it keeps asking for a bios password and isnt letting me access my work. Please can someone help me out by either giving my advice or by giving me a solution/password to help unlock my laptop.

My SN number: (removed content)

Please can someone help me as the work that is on my laptop is very important and i need to access it.

Thanks alot

A:Compaq Mini CQ10-101SA Bios Password reset

@PremParmar99? Enter  e9l13u14w4   or   e9l13u1rw4 Use the code that works to go into the BIOS.Disable all passwords that are enabled.If asked for the CURRENT password use that code.If asked for NEW password just hit enter.If asked to VERIFY password just hit enter.Save and exit. REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Compaq-Mini-CQ10-101SA-Bios-Password-reset/td-p/5795059
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello I have this laptop from a friend that forgot this CQ56... Got Compaq the password So went to find a program to crack and erase the password All worked fine afterwards so I started deleting the previous user settings erasing the music photos and so on Then all started to go haywire as suddenly there is no way I can download Firefox to use it instead of Explorer then wanted to download several programs like quot Auslogics Defrag quot Super Anti Spyware and others but when it gets to start downloading it happens nothing There is a box that reads quot Unable to open this internet site The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found Please try again later quot There is an internet connection as I Got this Compaq CQ56... could go to the download com site to try to download the programs I need Trouble is that Windows found some viruses and said it fixed some of these partially but I do need to download an anti virus program which was not available due that I deleted the Norton which ask for money and replaced it with AVG but then since I saw the computer not to work as usual I restored Got this Compaq CQ56... it to an earlier time I suspect this problem has something to do with me deleting the user settings Any help will be appreciated Thanks MB Compaq Presario CQ Notebook PC Windows Home Premium Intel Celeron GHz GHz Memory Ram GB bit OS

A:Got this Compaq CQ56...

Hmm.. since it's a pc from a friend and you want to make it yours I would suggest wiping it. It is new enough to have a recovery partition, this would be the easiest thing to do and it would solve your current issues. To get the the recovery option when you first turn the computer on tap the F8 button.. and select the "repair my computer" option.. and follow the prompts.. once you get the the menu with selections the bottom choice should be Hp or Compaq recovery manager .. Select the option and follow the prompts. Now if you don't have the partition, I would try making a new user account and deleting the old one.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/410648/got-this-compaq-cq56/
Relevancy 72.24%

HI to everyone.

I am getting a Compaq cq56-115dx laptop as a replacement for an Hp Dv6308nr, this is through the Nvidia Settlement.

It comes with the following:

Amd v140 Single Core 64 Bit Cpu 2.3 Ghz
2 Gig Ram
250 Gig Hdd
Ati Radeon Hd 4250 Graphics
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Anyone have this? If so how is it with Winodws 7. Any issues I should know about.

And finally, would it be beneficial to upgrade to 4 gig.

Henry

A:Compaq cq56-115dx

Compaq CQ56-115DX Presario laptop meets your daily computing needs with powerful-enough processor’s performance and impressive graphics. This is a great laptop with very reasonable price tag. The system combines 2.3 GHz AMD V Series processor V140 for enhanced graphics performance and excellent multitasking, ATI Radeon HD 4250 graphics deliver crystal-clear images for best entertainment on a 15.6-inch HD CineCrystal LED-backlit display (1366 x 768) features a prism design on the palm rest for a sophisticated look.
Running on Windows 7 Home Premium operating system, Compaq Presario CQ56-115DX is optimized with 2 GB DDR3 RAM along with 250 GB SATA hard drive (5400 RPM). Other specs include SuperMulti DVD?R/RW drive, 1.3-megapixel HD webcam, 802.11b/g/n WiFi, 3 USB ports and HDMI. This 5.6 pounds laptop packed with 6-cell lithium-ion battery which ofers up to 4 hours of life. Price, Compaq Presario CQ56-115DX 15.6-Inch Laptop is currently selling for $380

Hi Hewjr1000 and welcome to the Forum. It would appear that your new rig is light years ahead of your old HP. 2.3Ghz CPU vs 1.66Ghz cpu, 250GB Hard drive vs 120GB HD, and 2GB ram vs 1GB on old one. The only upgrade I would even consider is bumping the ram to 4GB. See how performance is first. Windows 7 is the best OS from MS to date.

Make sure you burn a full set of Recovery DVD's now so if you ever have a hard drive failure, you can get back to Factory Condition fairly easy. Also, now, burn a Windows System Recovery CD. You will find this capability in Control Panel, Backup & Restore, Create a System Repair Disc. All of the above can come in handy in the future.

For Virus protection, most people on this Forum would recommend Microsoft Security Essentials. Small overhead and very effective. For on demand scanning for Malware, use Malwarebytes.

You will find lots of qualified folks at this Forum who are more that happy to help you with questions/problems. Check out our Tutorial Section - lot's of amazing things in there. Don't be a stranger.
Best regards
JohnnyA

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/153934-compaq-cq56-115dx.html
Relevancy 72.24%

According to the Compaq Presario Maintenance and Service Guide matrix on page 2, (http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02657369), my Compaq Presario CQ56-110US laptop supports up to 8 GB of system memory but in the next few rows down of the guide, it lists configuration info that maxes out a 4GB total. If I remove the 2 existing memory chips (1GB each) and install two 4GB chips, will my laptop support the upgrade to 8GB? Compaq Presario CQ56-110US LaptopIntel® Celeron® 900 processor (2.2 GHz)Supports dual-channel memory DDR2, 800 MHz Thanks,Strobe1

A:Will Compaq CQ56 support 8GB of RAM?

Hi: Unfortunately, your model will not support 2 x 4 GB of memory. That is because with an Intel Celeron processor, your notebook has the Mobile Intel GL-40 chipset. That chipset only supports a max of 2 x 2 GB of memory. http://ark.intel.com/products/35501/Intel-82GL40-Graphics-and-Memory-Controller-Hub Besides...2 x 4 GB of DDR2 memory would cost a lot of money.  This was the cheapest I could find. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145599

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Will-Compaq-CQ56-support-8GB-of-RAM/td-p/5730798
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi all,

Just recently have i been looking to upgrade my Compaq CQ56 laptop. After running crucial memory scanner I've found i can upgrade from 2GB of ram to 8GB quite easily. I was also considering upgrading to a 64GB SDD, but I don't know if my laptop has a spare Sata port. I'm probably guessing its quite rare, but i can only ask.

Also how can I transfer Windows 7 across onto the SDD, whilst leaving documents and other files on my current HDD?

TSG SysInfo
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II P320 Dual-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1786 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 222421 MB, Free - 127037 MB; D: Total - 15748 MB, Free - 2228 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 1604

Thanks

Flemingjp

A:Adding SSD To Compaq CQ56

There's no "spare" SATA port. It has a place for one hard drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-ssd-to-compaq-cq56.1027143/
Relevancy 70.52%

I bought a compaq cq56-219wm from ebay for 70$ and it had a virus so i tryed to do a sys restore but it just boots up after i press f11. I installed win 7 but it says i dont have the correct drivers for my network card. If anyone has any ideas they would be appriciated!

A:compaq cq56-219wm wont recover

Hi: You need either this wireless card driver... This package contains the drivers for the supported Atheros Wireless LAN Adapters in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. File name: sp52131.exe ...or this one... This package contains the driver installation package for the Ralink Wireless LAN Controllers in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. File name: sp51604.exe Here is the link to the W7 driver page for your model... http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/Compaq-Presario-CQ56-200-Notebook-PC-series/4346274/...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/compaq-cq56-219wm-wont-recover/td-p/5702509
Relevancy 70.52%

good day all for christmas yesterday i recieved a replacement laptop as a gift it is a compaq presario cq and it works great my only problem is that my media player key on my left side of my keyboard runs cyberdvd player i removed this and installed vlc as i prefer that for my media viewing and now i am unable to run my media player through the keyboard shortcuts i have set file associations inside cq56 presario shortcut compaq help keyboard please vlc i have tried to set vlc as my default program using the default programs and features menu but couldnt find vlc player only options were current windows media centre and windows media player selecting either of the windows options and clicking on ok resulted in the option being reset to my current compaq presario cq56 keyboard shortcut help please one i cant seem to find a program installed on the machine that allows me to customize my keyboard shortcuts but the laptop was preowned but reconditioned i have searched for a program compaq presario cq56 keyboard shortcut help please but i can not find one for my opearating system windows home preimum there isnt a option to configure the shortcuts in the keyboard section of control panel and as a last resort i tried to change the fill association that is in the registry location relating to the compaq presario cq56 keyboard shortcut help please appkey the value is and the default file association was CDA i changed this to mp hoping that that would allow me to load vlc player as default but it didnt work i attempted to set the vlc media player shortcut on the desktop to the media key but it wouldnt allow it windows refused to change the box from none but other keys were allowed and worked the short version pressing media key on keyboard originally ran cyberdvd i uninstalled this program and the keyboard shortcut didnt work after this i have tried to set up vlc as the default media player but seem to be at a impass any help to get my media key to run vlc would be greatly appreciated thank you very much for your time stefox

A:compaq presario cq56 keyboard shortcut help please

See this HP thread. You want to change the registry key shown to the path for VLC.

Cyberlink PowerDVD/Mediasmart Key: HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\MobilePc\HotStartButtons\2  "Application" = "C:\Program File(x86)\Cyberlink\PowerDVD9\PowerDVD9.exe"; Change the string value "C:\Program File(x86)\Cyberlink\PowerDVD9\PowerDVD9.exe"

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/561005/compaq-presario-cq56-keyboard-shortcut-help-please/
Relevancy 70.52%

I have a nearly year old Compaq won't has help! screen... Compaq please boot... CQ56 black CQ laptop that has just quit working I had been on for awhile put the laptop down did some errands without turning off the laptop When I did come back to it the screen was black as is usual but wiggling mouse of tapping enter did not bring the screen up I tried to start several times then took it to my neighbor to look at He is a cash register programer and is decent with Windows He hooked the laptop to an old monitor and it did nothing Next he took the battery out waited a few minutes put battery back and voila working laotop I was estatic It worked fine the rest of the night but when I tried to boot today it had the black Compaq CQ56 has black screen... won't boot... please help! screen again Googled quot CQ has black screen doesn t boot flashing cap lock quot and found some repair tips Did a quot hard start quot removed and changed around memory sticks still no laptop Found a quot BIOS reset quot tip here and tried that Still nothing and I really need this thing to work Screen has NO activity on off button lights cap lock button blinks on - off no pattern Lan button comes on I can hear a whirring sound like it is booting and you can hear a soft running noise so something is coming on I have no idea what is going on Has anyone had this problem or know how to fix it Thanks Jan nbsp

A:Compaq CQ56 has black screen... won't boot... please help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compaq-cq56-has-black-screen-wont-boot-please-help.1115171/
Relevancy 70.52%

How do I fix white screen. In English I'm completely computer stupid and don't know much about PC's. Tried to check connection inside but not sure what I'm looking for.message edited by hopelesslylost

A:white screen compaq presario cq56

white screen on compaq presario cq56http://bit.ly/28LuEWw

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/white-screen-compaq-presario-cq56/624.html
Relevancy 70.52%

As the title states, I have a cq56-219wm. The LED code leads me to believe that the cpu has died. However, I have already replaced it with a new one and still am getting the same code with no boot up. I have tried the power reset by holding the power button for one minute and still nothing. The fans are functional as well. My question is, what would the next step be for this laptop repair and will it be worth it on a 2 year old machine? Thanks in advance.

A:Compaq Presario CQ56-219WM No Boot

Unless you can find something not connected back correctly (few will repair a laptop's hardware due to fragility) then I'd RMA the CPU to try another one. If the LED blinking code is consistent they should take it as proof it is not working and replace it.

Most new hardware has a year's tech support so you might even get them to help you go over it in advance of an RMA, which is the best way to set one up anyway.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/275629-compaq-presario-cq56-219wm-no-boot.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hopefully I posted in the right section But anyways I will be as detailed Solved: Compaq problem CQ56 Presario as possible Currently I have a Compaq Presario CQ dx running Wins out of factory One day I was using my computer Solved: Compaq Presario CQ56 problem perfectly fine everything normal and running great I decide to close the lid to put it to sleep I come back later to find that it didn t actually sleep and was just stuck there This has happened before and I would just turn off the computer and it would be fine But recently I did and it is now stuck at bootup The caps locks blinks time which corresponds to CPU not functioning I believe I reseated harddrive and ram didn t do much Then randomly as I am trying to get it to boot by turning it on and off waited a few and it booted up normally Perfect Then I decided to shut it down instead of putting it to sleep just to find later when trying to get on its back to the problem Any help would be appreciated on how to prevent this without any major repair work nbsp

Relevancy 69.66%

Forgt the bios password to my presario CQ56 LAPTOP the errcode is 59091082 please help

A:forgot bios password's compaq presario CQ56

@n8kdg Please enter     46999004 Regards

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/forgot-bios-password-s-compaq-presario-CQ56/td-p/5835924
Relevancy 69.66%

My friends laptop started bringing up a password that she never set on boot up.  if you imput the wrong password 3 times it gives the code62050514.  She never set up this password.  What do I do to remove this password.  

A:Power up password on Compaq presario CQ56, how do i remove i...

Hi: Please read the first post at the link below for what to do with the system disabled (halt) code you received from the PC. http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Sy??????????????????????????????????????????????????...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Power-up-password-on-Compaq-presario-CQ56-how-do-i-remove-it/td-p/5596421
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi I already did a cooling overhaul with this laptop I vacuum, dusted, cleaned heatsink and fan assembly, replaced thermal paste with artic mx4 paste and as of right now typing from laptop with a laptop cooler underneath laptop to drop temps.  I figured out the issue with my laptop and its cooling related the problem i have is instead of replacing the fan and heatsink assembly what are alternatives to getting this laptop to under safe operating  tempertaure requirements to 40*C to 50*??? Are there any heatsink and stronger fan assembly's that will fit with this model laptop????? What would u recommend to help aiding in cooling to drop temps to safer working operation?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Compaq-Presario-CQ56-115DX-cooling-options/td-p/5640588
Relevancy 69.66%

I was doing a factory reset  about 3 seconds into it a hacker  did something at that moment  the screen went black with a message no operating system is on it  I  started it again pushing the f11 key   memory test passed hard disk passed  I tested it again pushing esc until it gave me a new test one that did the whole disk test  half way through it it stopped and said  hard disk 1full (305). What can I do how to fix this   and  am wireless   the hacker has stayed with me for 10 years  now 

A:Compaq Presario CQ56 -1150 from windows 7 to 10 XG809UA

Hello Hard Disk 1 Full (305) Hi, The 305 error would indicate that your Hard Drive is failing and will need to be replaced. If your notebook is still under warranty, contact HP and arrange to have the drive replaced and get a set of recovery disk from HP , this would resolve the issue, its not the hacker, its the hdd that is failing because of which you got black screen #hpexpertday

Regards;SmileyI am an HP employeePlease click the White Kudos star to say thanks for helping.Please mark Accept As Solution if my help has solved your problem.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Compaq-Presario-CQ56-1150-from-windows-7-to-10-XG809UA/td-p/5627582
Relevancy 69.66%

I have a Compaq Presario CQ56-115DX  that says it needs a Power On Password.  I've tried bios reset it, but can't find a battery.  It comes up with Key: 51689373?  Anyone have any idea's?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!  Thanks so much!!

Relevancy 69.66%

Hey, this is me using my usual Compaq Presario 110US notebook here. I have been searching everywhere for how to turn on the internal webcam. I see lots of posts & specs that say the computer has a built-in webcam, I just can't figure out how to turn it on . A little help?

Relevancy 69.66%

Hi, everyone I have a Compaq Presario CQ56 and it Gets really Hot on the lift side would that miss up my laptop if it gets to hot, Iv been using a fan that's I just point to it and that cools it down but some times it still gets really hot and this is the only computer I have right now, What should I do, thanks four your time.

Relevancy 69.23%

I brought the intel pentium T4500 processor as a replacement for my single core AMD V140 but it doesnt seem to fit (different pin layout ) is the AMD Athlon II N350 ( as it seems to have the same pin layout as the single core i currently have?) processor the best processor i can use as an upgrade or is there a better processor i could use as an upgrade?Thanks in advance guys, happy computing!  

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Upgrading processor for Presario CQ56 Notebook PC

Hi, Your machine is an  HP G56-130SA Notebook PC and from its Maintenance and Service Guide     http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02657369.pdf You can use  AMD Athlon II N350 processor (2.4 GHz, 1-MB L2 cache, 1066 MHz, 3.2 GT/s)?dual-core 35 W part number 616334-001. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Upgrading-processor-for-Presario-CQ56-Notebook-PC/td-p/5603105
Relevancy 69.23%

Helping out a friend with a cpu he havent used i a long time, but I dont know what to do here. When i boot it up it tells me to: enter administrator password or power on password If i dont get it right within 3 times i get this: 61875549 system disabled

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Compaq Presario CQ56 Laptop. Admin/power up PW. 61875549 sys...

Hi, Enter  74753589 Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Compaq-Presario-CQ56-Laptop-Admin-power-up-PW-61875549/td-p/5792985
Relevancy 69.23%

My compaq presario cq56 laptop has been connected, via wireless, to our home broadband network for ages, but suddenly it's not working. A yellow triangle with an exclamation mark has appeared over the bars of the internet symbol in the system tray, and it tells me it's connected, but that there's no internet access.
All the other computers on the network are fine (one laptop, connected wirelessly,. and a desktop connected via cable). I have called TalkTalk and they have checked the connection, concluding that its fine. I have also been in contact with the manufacturer of our router (Belkin). After changing lots of settings around, they told me it must be an issue with the network adapter (?) on my laptop. I can't actually find any support from Compaq/HP themselves. Please help!!

A:Compaq Presario CQ56 is connected to network, but has 'no internet access'

Look under device manager to see if there's any yellow exclamation marks.
From the command prompt run ipconfig /all then post results.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/compaq-presario-cq56-is-connected-to-network-but-has-no-internet-access-603668.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I have Blank Lock Compaq Presario Screen, Caps blinking CQ56-101SG ... a Compaq Presario CQ - SG which does not start anymore I updated Compaq Presario CQ56-101SG Blank Screen, Caps Lock blinking ... the BIOS from Version Compaq Presario CQ56-101SG Blank Screen, Caps Lock blinking ... F to F which forces the device to reboot which went well But after a shutdown the notebook does not start it Compaq Presario CQ56-101SG Blank Screen, Caps Lock blinking ... hangs with a blank screen power LED and WiFi LED lit up and Caps Lock LED is blinking about x sec nbsp What I tried to recover Remove battery and AC adapter press power button for about a minute and try to power up again with AC connect -- gt Same bad state as before Press power button for sec while no power connected battery removed reconnect AC press Win B while power button starts the system -- gt Same bad state as before The same as before but this time with a GB USB thumb drive FAT formatted HP TOOLS named put F BIN - an older BIOS version binary - into root directory connected to USB port -- gt Same bad state as before nbsp - Did I anything wrong when trying to recover the BIOS - May the name of the BIOS file needs to be something else - Is there anything else I can try to get the device up and running again nbsp Kind regardsChristian nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Compaq-Presario-CQ56-101SG-Blank-Screen-Caps-Lock-blinking/td-p/5800193
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi Guys. I'm new to this so, sorry if i post it wrong?

Well, Last night, my laptop totally froze. No mouse movement. Screen froze. Everything. The only way to get round this was to disconnect any power to the laptop and remove the battery. That solved my 1st Problem. However, once i tried to reboot the system, All i got was a black screen with flashing Caps lock light OR in some cases it begins to start up however, at the ''Starting Windows screen'' It goes black and stays black.

Erm, i really love my laptop so if anyone has any suggestions to fix this.. or if i've posted it in the wrong section i apologize i just need a fix :(

-samiexx

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/compaq-presario-cq56-laptop-freeze-failure-to-boot-with-flashing-caps-lock-588212.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi I ve got a hp compaq laptop that has been having screen issues for awhile It started as a couple vertical lines on the right side of the screen and has grown over the past couple of months My friend said it was from the ribbon cable that connects to the motherboard being pinched or faulty If I applied pressure in certain ways to the screen i could make the lines go away So anyway flash forward to today Screen Presario Compaq cracked C500 and I open up my laptop and my screen is a mess of liquid colors There is a spidering of cracks originating from the bottom of the screen and when I pushed on them the screen proceed to crack all the way across it There are multiple fractures Screen cracked Compaq Presario C500 in there now and teh screen is obviously screwed My laptop is still under warranty however I called up tech support and they said they would Screen cracked Compaq Presario C500 send a box and I would ship it to hp and it would take - days and if it was determined that the problem was caused due to an accident Screen cracked Compaq Presario C500 they would call me My question is this the screen is definitely cracked I don t know what happened but I did not physically drop it as far as I know I don t know what criteria they use to determine this but I don t want to send my laptop in only to find out a week later that they are saying I broke it and it is not covered under warranty and then charge me an arm and a leg for the service and new screen My laptop is crucial for my work and I need it serviced as fast as possible especially considering my desktop just crapped out on me too HP said they don t offer local authorized repair i am in nyc so I can t bring it to anybody local with the warranty still standing I am debating just ponying up for the cost of a new screen I ve seen them going on ebay for about bucks How hard is it install these things How much would someone normally charge Will I need a new ribbon cable too or does that normally come with the screen I m certain the problem is strictly physical and hardware based because right now I am utilizing my laptop via an external monitor and everything is fine Anyhow any help to advise me would be greatly appreciated Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

The LCD screen on my son's less than a year old Compaq Presario laptop (model number ZY222UA) is cracked and HP is not covering it under the warranty. Could some one please tell me where I could get a least expensive replacement. I am laid-off and my son needs it for his college in August.

A:Compaq Presario Laptop cracked screen

Found this one...

http://www.screencountry.com/index....del=PRESARIO CQ60-206US&brand=HP-Compaq&size=

BTW - your actual model is a CQ60-206US - that other number is HP/Compaq's catalog number for this beastie.

A-N

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compaq-presario-laptop-cracked-screen.841426/
Relevancy 63.21%

We have the HP 15 Notebook PC and the hinge cracked on this device also making the entire frame come apart.  We cannot lose it correctly either. Is there a case we can buy to fix this?

A:Hinge and case cracked - HP 15 Notebook PC

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Hinge-and-case-cracked-HP-15-Notebook-PC/td-p/5591339
Relevancy 62.78%

Got a problem with a compaq presario CQ56, in that whenever I log on to my main profile, it will start normally, and the desktop and icons will appear for a second, after which all the icons disappear and a few seconds later, so does the background, leaving me with a blank white screen. All the programs seem to work fine though, just "underneath" the white screen, as when I ctrl+alt+del, it returns to how it should be untilI perform an action

So far I've tried restarts, full shutdowns, emergency shutdowns(battery removal), switching users back and forth just about everything from taking it apart, which I don't think needs to be done

Any and all help would be appreciated

A:White "cover" on screen (compaq presario cq56)

If you can, try hooking the laptop to a computer monitor (should have a video input jack on the side somewhere) and booting the computer, then hitting FN until you get a picture on the monitor.

EDIT: I missed a few elements of the original post, sorry

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/white-cover-on-screen-compaq-presario-cq56.1098788/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi all,
I have a Compaq Presario CQ56 64-Bit (Windows 7 Home Premium) laptop that I bought before the summer, today a Windows Update has given me an Acer display update published on the 28/12/2011. I thought because I had my vga cable plugged into the TV Windows Update may have become confused but despite checking for updates again it still appears there as optional.

AMD/ATI is recognized by Windows and Windows Update and there had already been a display driver update not so long ago, so I cannnot understand why I'm receiving an update for the wrong machine?

A:Acer - Display - ACER S271HL update on Compaq Presario CQ56 64-Bit

Not actually for AMD/ATI almost monthly you can see a newer update become available and that's why you will see one listed as an optional hardware update for the integrated graphic chips on the laptop.

Since Windows detects the tv you are using as an external monitor that also becomes a detected hardware. If that happens to be an Acer brand tv that would explain why that particular update came about.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/205327-acer-display-acer-s271hl-update-compaq-presario-cq56-64-bit.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi nbsp We purchased nbsp HP Notebook - -af dx Touch from best buy nbsp last feb and it was rarely used it never left the house or even put in a laptop bag a couple weeks ago I just found a crack in the screen in the top left corner and it was getting worse by the second and then the touch was not working anymore noting that the laptop never fell and nobody even touched it It shows how the laptop looks brand new and has - 15-af141dx cracked (Touch) screen HP Notebook not a single bruise or a bump I looked up the issue online and found that this issue is common and has happened to many other people nbsp http HP Notebook - 15-af141dx (Touch) screen cracked h www hp com t Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch Hp-Touchsmart- -Damaged-Screen td-p nbsp I went back to best buy but nbsp they couldn't help nbsp It is not the first time I buy an HP product it used to be the best but now I am having doubts I so wanted to return this defected product and replace it with another brand as it is not acceptable for a laptop screen to be that fragile and crack on its own maybe it was while opening or closing it and still this is not acceptable nbsp I hope HP would help Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Notebook-15-af141dx-Touch-screen-cracked/td-p/5706004
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi, When opening my notebook this afternoon to find something on the internet, I noticed that the top cover had a crack (new since earlier this morning). It is close to the hinge on the right-hand side. The top cover opens up when moving the lid now, so it should be fixed before there is any more damage. Please advise my options. Thank you

A:Notebook top cover cracked close to hinge

@electroart?
?Thank you for using HP Support Forum. I have brought your issue to the appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post ( serial numbers and case details).If you are unfamiliar with the Forum's private messaging please click here to learn more.Thank you,Omar

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Notebook-top-cover-cracked-close-to-hinge/td-p/5230637
Relevancy 61.92%

My daughters HP Stream Notebook PC13 that she got at Christmas, so 5 months ago, suddenly has some black streaks coming down from the top right corner of the screen. It looks like a "cracked screen" but she has not used the computer for a couple of weeks and when she last used it, it was fine. Is this some kind of defect with the screen and what is the warranty coverage?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Notebook-pc13-screen-suddenly-appears-cracked/td-p/5635303
Relevancy 55.04%

Just an interesting tidbit of information: That's the story from The Inquirer.

No forum rules violated here--just the story, not the crack.
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=24961

The hackers just ain't givin' up.

A:Cracked Windows anti-crack cracked claim

Nothing new here - LongHorn/Vista will probable be cracked before it comes out too.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cracked-windows-anti-crack-cracked-claim.385357/
Relevancy 54.18%

we just (tried) set up my daughters notebook following the step by step registration and writing down all neccesary passwords. after restarting the computer now doesen't reconise the password we choose and confirmed on set up.HELP please.

A:compaq notebook set up

Our rules do not allow help with passwords, but in this case I can remind you that passwords (I assume you mean a password for a user account?) are case sensitive and make sure that neither Caps Lock nor Num lock is on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compaq-notebook-set-up.1005047/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi I'm a newbie and 700 Compaq notebook I don't know anything about the workings of Compaq 700 notebook a computer other than when it is working correctly We bought this notebook for our son to use in college a few years ago The computer would begin to start by trying to load windows xp The screen would simply sit there and nothing else would happen To close the pc down I would have to hold in the power button With nothing to lose on the computer other than some music he hadn't burned to cd yet I decided to try the restore disk I didn't mind reformatting and neither did he I got as far as the third disk and the computer shut off with a black screen I restarted the computer and placed the first cd in to begin reformatting again This time I only got as far as the second cd before I got the black screen My son feels the computer is hardly worth fixing but I hate to give up so easily Do any of you have any solutions By trying to reformat I no longer seem to have any system on it I have the Windows XP cd could I simply use that to get the silly thing to work TIA Dixiedarlin

A:Compaq 700 notebook

With notebooks, one of the first things to check is heat. Try it again, while it's running check to see if the fan(s) are running - there should be some ents on the back edge or underside. At the point it crashes, check the underside for hot spots. A bit warm is ok, but you'll recognize a hot spot. If the fans arent't running, or if they are and it's still heating up, you may need to open the laptop to clean out the fans/heatsing (or maybe replace them).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/compaq-700-notebook-49598.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I am windows 7 ultimate Sp 1 user,I am using Compaq 510 notebook pc butAll the drivers I am installing from hp.comNot working my pc is getting hangMy graphics doesn?t work properly,My Dvd writer does not work,I Have to RE-INSTALL WINDOWS AGAIN AND AGAIN.No new drivers are found.Why does u make this kind of thing which is useless?Now what can I do without THROUGH this laptop in A Dustbin.  

A:Suffring with compaq 510 notebook pc

@hossainmoinul Try downloading and installing this one. http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=3957665&swItemId=ob_77521_2&swEnvOid=4055 REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Suffring-with-compaq-510-notebook-pc/td-p/5845039
Relevancy 53.32%

I was wondering how people thought of the Compaq Presario laptops as i am thinking of purchasing

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/has-anyone-used-a-compaq-presario-notebook.481628/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi everyone,

I just bought the laptop and I am unable to find the drivers for Windows 8 64bit edition. Will appreciate your assistance.

The following website (which is in German) is not listing Windows 8 64bit edition. It lists Windows 8.1

Software & Treiber zum Herunterladen Compaq 15-h024sg Notebook PC | HP?-Support

Thank you.

A:HP Compaq 15-h024 Notebook

Seems this model laptop is only available in Germany. The 8.1 64 bit drivers should work. Windows 8.1 is more like a Service Pack then an actual OS update to Windows 8.0

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/hp-compaq-15-h024-notebook-881153.html
Relevancy 53.32%

compaq notebook running windows 7 was working then it decided to try to start later in day and gave me rough time.....keeps starting for bout three seconds.....then shuts off....i hit power again same thing ...gets to red screen and shuts down.....removed battery and tried to run ust on power source same thing any suggestions....iv seen thi happen on towers and 99 percent of time its been bad power source....any help is welcome ty

A:compaq cq62-220 notebook

What happens if you remove the ram?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/compaq-cq62-220-notebook-674239.html
Relevancy 53.32%

running xp home at bootup it would go thru bios then the windows xp loading window opened then it rebooted and kept rebooting i ran a hard drive test in the phoenix bios and the test status said quot - FAIL quot also at bootup a BSOD would flash by and all i could notebook m2000 compaq read was unmountable boot volume i put in the restore cd then tried compaq m2000 notebook the FIXMBR program and the results were quot this computer appears to have a non-standard or invalid master boot record quot i then ran C chkdsk r and it fixed one or more errors on the volume I rebooted and it loaded fine so i have it all up and running except the wireless network it was fine on it b all this happened i've tried everything i know of to get it back on the network and also online but it won't i'm all out of options that i know of any help will be MUCH appreciated Thanks Jim

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/compaq-m2000-notebook-77827.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Enter current password"Password check failed fatal error system halted" CNU9272237

A:Notebook hp compaq mini 110

@Sophia003? Enter    e9lo7x77fx    ( 3rd character is a lower case L ) Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Notebook-hp-compaq-mini-110/td-p/5671191
Relevancy 53.32%

My wife just returned from Nairobi While there she dropped her Compaq Presario V notebook and cracked the screen which stopped working She went to the Compaq dealer in Nairobi at least the sign on the door said Compaq who replaced the screen However the screen is dark you can barely see the icons and words on the screen The dealer said he needed to replace the backlight system which would cost another screen notebook Compaq He also said he had opened the hard drive and straightened out the quot stylus quot which had been bent by the fall This Compaq notebook screen sounds very unlikely to us At this point she lost all confidence in the dealer and took the computer home We have called local repair shops all of whom agree that the backlight is an integral part of the screen unit all should be replaced at once One guy said we should order the replacement screen from Compaq and he would install it for Another source on Ebay says they have compatible screens to sell and they are easy to install I have done some computer repair and am moderately competent So what s the truth Can we as one source seems to suggest disassemble the unit and replace a bulb in the backlight system Can we purchase a screen Compaq says they don t sell them to users and install it Can anyone suggest a reliable place to have the screen replaced Or what Thanx Al nbsp

A:Compaq notebook screen

She went to the Compaq dealer in Nairobi (at least the sign on the door said Compaq), who replaced the screen. However, the screen is dark, you can barely see the icons and words on the screen.Click to expand...

Good thing you left that place... for them to just sell/install a screen and indicate the backlight is something more is perposterous.

Usually laptop screens you buy come with the backlight in the enclosure and you don't buy those seperate.

Disassembeling an assembly to get to the backlight is a bit tricky (usually covered with tape and other things) and the backlight itself is very delicate and breaks super easy.

If you look at this here - http://www.getpartsonline.com/432302-001.html?source=googlebase&code=432302-001

this actually has the backlight in it.

Actually replacing an LCD in a Laptop isn't that hard to do but it can be tricky because you usually have to take apart other parts of the laptop to get to things.

Sorry I can't help you on places that are reliable I do my own replacements.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compaq-notebook-screen.798130/
Relevancy 53.32%

Laptop is a Compaq Presario 2500 (2596US)
2.6GHz CPU
1Gb Ram
XP Pro, SP2

I recently re-installed the operating system. I downloaded and installed all the latest drivers from Compaq's website. My two problems are:

Audio. The volume up/down buttons function, but the mute button and light do not function. Additionally, the volume at max level isn't very loud. I have installed audioSP23455, Conextant Audio Driver for Windows XP, from Compaq's site. It is the only driver listed when I search for Presario 2596US notebook. The driver does not list the 2596 as an applicable model...

Where can I get a different audio driver?

Wireless. The wireless connect/disconnect button and light do not function. I have installed broadcomwlanSP27942, Broadcom WLAN Network Adapers Driver for Windows XP, from Compaq's site. I am able to detect and connect to my wireless router, but I would like the disconnect button to function.

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compaq-notebook-drivers.422383/
Relevancy 53.32%

My wifes compaq lte 5300 has a swapable cd and floppy. I forget how to release the cd so i can insert the floppy drive. I didn't want to force it too much to get it out and cause me more problems. I have done it in the past when we first got it but for the life of me I can't do it now Help!

Also if I uninstall windows 98 on this machine will it still run windows 95 the original system it came with???

Relevancy 53.32%

Brak d?wi?ku w g?o?nikach, w sluchawkach d?wi?k dzia?a. Sterowniki zainstalowane najnowsze pocz?wszy od sterownikow chipsetu. Brak d?wi?ku jeszcze przed formatem. Wcze?niej d?wi?k z wbudowanych g?o?ników dzia?a? poprawnie, nagle gdzie? znikn??. Prosz? o pomoc.Notebook Hp Compaq 8510w

A:Notebook Compaq 8510w

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Forum. We are only able to reply to posts written in English. To insure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English. The following links are here to assist you if you prefer to post in the following Language Forum.

German: HP Kundenforum
Spanish: Foro de usuarios de HP
French: Forum des utilisateurs
Portuguese: Fórum dos usuários HP
Chinese: ??????????
Korean: HP ??????
Thank you for your understanding

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Notebook-Compaq-8510w/td-p/5768480
Relevancy 53.32%

When I turn on my notebook with Compaq problem my notebook I see quot problem with my Compaq notebook Windows Error Recovery Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause If windows files have been damaged or configured incorrectly startup repair can help diagnose and fix the problem If power was interrupted during startup chose start windows normally Launch Startup repair recommended Start Windows Normally quot I click on quot Launch Startup repair recommended quot and see quot Windows Boot Manager Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause To fix the problem Insert the installation disc and restart your computer Choose your language settings and then click quot Next quot Click quot Repair your computer status xc quot I then pop in the installation disc restart the computer click quot Repair your computer quot and see quot Error This PC is not supported by the System Recovery Discs You will not be able to continue to recover this system with these discs quot Is there hope for it or is it time for a new one Its a Compaq Presario CQ with Vista Thanks X

A:problem with my Compaq notebook

system recovery disc is not the same as installation disc. You should have a disc that came with the computer that has Windows Vista and all the drivers on it, a system recovery disc are discs you made yourself that has information on it you want to keep. I may be wrong about this, but I don't think so

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problem-with-my-compaq-notebook-702451.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi everyone, my dad got an old Presario R3000 from my sister and it has a lot of junk and virus in it. Unfortunately my sister didn't keep any recovery disc so I am just wondering how to reinstall windows xp and format everything? If I have a windows xp home cd from Dell, can I use it and use the product key of the Presario to activate windows? If so, could you outline the steps (easiest way) to use this cd to reinstall windows xp in this notebook?

Thanks!

Relevancy 53.32%

It's a compaq Presario CQ60 notebook, Windows Vista, SP2 , AMD dual-core QL-62. 2 GB RAM. About two and a half years old, I think. I bought it just before Win 7 came out. The case gets really hot under my left wrist, where I believe the hard drive is. As the heat increases, system performance slows. I use it mostly for internet. The fans seem to be running, I've blown compressed air through the vents, no dramatic change. Eventually it gets hot enough to stop responding. I turn it off by holding the power button, let it sit for half an hour or so.

Is it time for a new computer? Is there something else I can try? Thanks.

A:Compaq notebook running hot

Some Possibilities:

You have used canned air and the force of the air just isn't quite enough to dislodge the dust.

There are more than one fan in the laptop. One you cannot see is on the processor, itself. Maybe it isn't running.

If you are a smoker or if the laptop has been used around smokers a lot, it could be the dust is glued to the internal heatsink, fan and ports with cigarette tar, in which case it might have to be disassembled for cleaning.

It seems definite to me this is a cooling issue and if the cooling system can be put in working order and the laptop is acceptable when cool, then "no" it is not time for a new laptop -- unless you just would rather have new than have this one repaired.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compaq-notebook-running-hot.1053140/
Relevancy 53.32%

can anyone help me, i have a compaq presario 3015us(never buy hp/compaq products). i was having the problem of system hanging all the time, i formatted the hard disk, now when i insert the recovery disk, after a min or so, the notebook switches off on its own n when it reboots, says" NOT ENOUGH MEMORY IN DRIVE H"(i dont even have a H drive) and doesnt copy and again if i put the recoverty disk n try to instal, the same thing happens all over again...can anyone tell me wht the problem is n how it can be resolved....

A:HELP...compaq presario3000 notebook

Im presuming Drive H may be where the hidden partition with the Windows recovery data on it is supposed to be and you appear to have deleted it.
What doed your manual say about recovery?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-compaq-presario3000-notebook.286805/
Relevancy 52.89%

I need some help I am trying to downgrade my sisters laptop from Vista to XP I have XP installed now and most things are working ok Now here is where I need some help I have two devices which I've no clue what they are SM Bus Controller PCI Device The graphics card is non working as well it is a PC Notebook Compaq C727US Presario Mobile Intel Express Chipset but I can not get it to work I even downloaded the driver from Intel but it keeps saying the file is missing or corrupt Now I have downloaded and installed the HP files from here http h www hp com ewfrf wc s amp lang en ad even Compaq Presario C727US Notebook PC tried some Vista files from here http h www hp com ewfrf wc s roduct Can anyone help me with this or point me to some drivers I have tried tons of Google searches but I am in no way the Google searching king Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Compaq Presario C727US Notebook PC

RESOLVED!!

After endless searching and after following some intructions from about 10 different sites I have got everything fixed!

This can now be marked as resolved, I will also be writing a "How To" compiling everything I have learned from various sites so if anyone needs help with this specific PC please feel free to e-mail me or PM me here.

Thank you all for your time

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/compaq-presario-c727us-notebook-pc-348436.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I've about decided on a Compaq laptop. As for the Compaq brand of laptop, are there any Compaq Laptop/Notebook owners here who care to share their experiences?

I'm looking at the R3000Z equipped as follows for 1074 USD:
WinXP Home
AMD XP-M 3000+
15.0" TFT XGA (1024 x 768) display
32MB NVidia GeForce 4 4420 (I don't do gaming)
256 RAM
60GB 4200-RPM Hard Disk
4x DVD+DVD-RW/R Combo Drive
Built-in 56K modem plus 10/100 LAN (I already have Wireless G PCMCIA card)
12-cell Lithium Ion Battery (as opposed to 8-Cell)

Relevancy 52.89%

I have compaq CQ58-202SX Notebook PC.its hard disk is failing. hard disk test giving me following results. Hard Disk smart check: passedHard disk short DST: FAILEDFailure ID: 9LPRUX-6JB84T-MFKT0K-60WU03Product ID: C8D66EA#A2N I created a recovery media 2 years back however i have lost it.The PC sometimes loading windows and suddenly freezing. I already bough a hard disk. Please advice how to get the original operating system and drivers to the new hard disk. I tried googling but no luck.  Appreciate you guys help. Thank you 

A:compaq CQ58-202SX Notebook PC

You can create a Windows 10 installation on USB or DVD using media creation tool- free download offered by MS. Since it has been activated before as an upgrade you will click Skip when asked for license key.https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/ If you prefer reovering the original OS you can call HP Support to see if Recovery Media is still available to order. >>Contact HP

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/compaq-CQ58-202SX-Notebook-PC/td-p/5645679
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi there I m an absolute newbie Not just to the forum great forum btw but to PCs as well I ve come from Mac-land and am just getting familiar with Windows I bought two computers recently the first is seriously old and hella cheap but it does run XP albeit slowly It s my back up never on the internet the second is the Compaq presario notebook I m using now It runs Vista Home Basic I ve only had it a short while but i ve managed to pick up a virus infostealer gampass is how norton av identifies it and i want to erase all the trial software that came with the computer - something like or gb worth I figure formatting would be the best option considering how difficult this little virus is to remove i read the other posts from TS regarding reformat notebook Vista Compaq format or fix and removing infostealer and i don t want NortonAV if it didn t Compaq notebook Vista reformat pick up the virus on the first scan i would like to reformat the hard drive to new or emptier than here s the question knew I d get there eventually Compaqs don t come with the operating system on disc like my old mac did i made a recovery disc but a friend told me that i would only be able to use it once so i feel i should save it for an emergency if i try to make a new recovery disc will the virus and the bundled software come with it and how do i actually do this reformatting reinstalling thing Everyone I ask just says quot Go back to XP quot but where s the progress in that Geez lots of questions no experience any help is greatly appreciated thanks nbsp

A:Compaq notebook Vista reformat

I figure formatting would be the best optionClick to expand...

Good idea

Compaqs don't come with the operating system on disc, like my old macClick to expand...

No, it's all restore images these days on disc

i made a 'recovery disc' but a friend told me that i would only be able to use it onceClick to expand...

I don't understand that - does it self destruct at the end?

if i try to make a new recovery disc, will the virus, and the bundled software come with it?Click to expand...

I'd say more than likely

how do i actually do this reformatting/ reinstalling thing?Click to expand...

Your new Compaq should have come with a Restore boot up partition.
When you first turn it on, do you notice any message like press F10 (or other) to enter Restore (I'm not talking about CMOS)

"Go back to XP!", but where's the progress in that?Click to expand...

If your Compaq can take Vista, then go for it.

Also if you cannot locate the Restore Partition, or the Restore disc, then you can contact Compaq (or HP) to purchase another (usually $20 or so)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compaq-notebook-vista-reformat.100089/
Relevancy 52.89%

...hopefully.

I'm trying to install Windows 2000 Professional on my Compaq Presario 1275 notebook, but Setup hangs at the text screen "Setup is starting Windows 2000."

I contacted HP and they basically said "Your computer was made for Windows 98" and "screw you." I've tried disabling USB and API support and specifying a different HAL, as suggested by Microsoft, but nothing's worked yet.

Also, there's no usable floppy drive, so that's something fun to work around.

A:Upgrading Compaq notebook to Win2k

Can you try doing a clean install by booting to the CD?? Upgrades from 98 to 2000 cause a TON of problems anyway.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrading-compaq-notebook-to-win2k.268971/
Relevancy 52.89%

Well I didn t know where to post this because I have a feeling that it s a number of problems that s crippling my laptop It s a Compaq Presario V TX ghz dual core Multitude problems with compaq a of notebook gig ram and gig hd The rest I can t tell you because I have no idea where to look I also have a cell lithium battery which I m not sure is part Multitude of problems with a compaq notebook of the problem So what s going on is I bought this thing in September I believe it was in February that I had what appeared to be a RTC battery failure HP sent me a new one and that did not fix the problem I sent my laptop to them for repair and I had to have my system board replaced Not only that but it also turned out that there appeared to be so much heat that my bottom panel had begun to warp and my battery release had fused to the point where I could not release the battery When I got it back I began having this weird problem Every so often all processing stops I can open the start menu but can t click on anything to open it I can open up firefox and or ie but trying to go anywhere results in me ending up with the page being blank and quot done quot on the status bar At first I thought it was a heating issue so I changed the way I used my laptop No more sitting with it rested on a pillow in my lap I always have it sitting on a portable table or my desk Since my battery is so large it leaves the laptop with the back area elevated This helped for a while but then I began having the same issue whether or not my laptop was too hot The ONLY way to make it work again is to restart my machine Letting it go into standby by closing the lid did not help And finally I ve gotten two blue screens Windows restarts itself way before I can finish reading it As far as I can get is quot Windows has encountered an error and must restart If this is your first time seeing this message quot I tried checking the event viewer but I really don t know what I m looking for as far as an error is concerned I guess it s important to mention that shortly before I began getting the blue screens I had to roll back windows media player from to so my stupid Creative Zen MicroPhoto would actually be recognized by windows I m not sure if this has angered the sentient and sickly being that my laptop is So I guess my question is what s causing these problems I think it s stupid that I ve had to send in a laptop that s under a year old back to HP three times only to be told that it s fine nbsp

A:Multitude of problems with a compaq notebook

If your laptop is covered by a warranty, use HP for support. Perhaps the tech will decide that laptop is a lemon or it is no longer repairable.

If the Events Viewer log has reports preceding the crash/hang, that type of info influences how to attack the problem.

This post in 'Guides & Solved Issues' is a general approach to follow.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multitude-of-problems-with-a-compaq-notebook.103240/
Relevancy 52.89%

Notebook wont boot and have blink code 1 where LED of power button and LED beside the cord is constantly on, while the LED of caps lock button blink once and pause and blink once again the process keep on, and LED of wifi button is constantly red

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Compaq-Notebook-wont-boot/td-p/5641433
Relevancy 52.89%

I want to upgrade MY processor, recommend compatiabile. Presently i AM USING INTEL CENTRINO 1.6 PROCESSOR

cAN I UPGRADE TO THIS PROCESSOR Intel Core Duo T2300 Yonah 1.66GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819111180

THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE

A:Compaq presario V2000 Notebook

Kindly Recommend Compatiable Intel Processor, Which Socket They Use In Compaq Presario V2000

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compaq-presario-v2000-notebook.94447/
Relevancy 52.89%

my notebook gets hot very fast and the hotter the slower it runs almost to a crawl!! it has been repaired once by compaq and is still under warranty. i have heard compaq is having problems solving this one help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Relevancy 52.89%

My compaq r3000 will not post. The power led lights up and the fan comes on. Also the on button for the touch pad lights. Just got it back from a power jack repair and laptop started and ran fine before the repair. Now it fails at the post test. After about 5 seconds the fan stops then a few seconds later the fan spins up again. The display remains dark and no beeps. If I load a cd, the hd light comes on and the cd drive spins up and the light flashes. I appreciate any ideas.

Relevancy 52.89%

I think its running windows visa or windows 7? I cant remember my password and then when I thought I had done it right it started loading but then said no etc.

A:how can i log on to my compaq notebook pc forgot password?

Try leaving it blank?

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/how-can-i-log-on-to-my-compaq-notebook-pc-forgot-password/13966.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I am trying to remove and install a new motherboard in a Compaq Presario 1210us notebook. Compaq has not been helpful in obtaining information to perform this task. Is there anywhere I can find documentation to help me remove the m/b. I have taken everything apart up to the m/b itself.
Thanks

A:motherboard installation in Compaq notebook

i was never able to find a tech sheet on how to take a mobo out of laptops i have just done most of it on a wing and a prayer. Wish i could help more. i have taken them out of the compaq's and the was not much to it just a half dozen screws.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-installation-in-compaq-notebook.135337/
Relevancy 52.89%

i can't install winxp on compaq cq60-104tu notebook whenever i am going to install winxp on it it displays blue screen of death i think the problem with the bios or the ahci sata driver is not included in winxp please give me a solution i need to install win xp any way help tech guys

A:compaq CQ60-104TU notebook can't run win xp

please healp me out

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/compaq-cq60-104tu-notebook-cant-run-win-xp-351337.html
Relevancy 52.89%

can my notebook compaq 15-h024sg read ram 8gb? 

A:Can my notebook compaq 15-h024sg read ram 8gb?

HI Yes it can it supports upto 8 GB

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Can-my-notebook-compaq-15-h024sg-read-ram-8gb/td-p/5627774
Relevancy 52.89%

I tried to install windows onto my laptop. It went through the set up process, but when it got to the install part, I got an error message stating that Windows could not find a HDD installed on my computer. So, thinking something was wrong with the HDD, I bought a new Wester Digital HDD. After installing the new HDD, I again tried installing windows, with the same outcome. Someone has told me that Compaq is bad about putting "blinder" codes in their BIOS to hide the HDD from being overwritten. I called Compaq Tech Support, but because my warranty is out, they wanted an arm and a leg to "help". Is there any truth to this? Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

A:Replacing HDD in Compaq Presario Notebook

If this is a SATA hard drive, you need to install SATA controller drivers at the F6 prompt. Since this procedure needs a floppy drive and you probably don't have one, go into the BIOS and see if you can change the controller from SATA or AHCI mode to IDE mode. If have this option, then Setup should continue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replacing-hdd-in-compaq-presario-notebook.137627/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi guys

I bought the compaq from CANADA and I am trying use TV out but the problem is just NTSC system on display and i live in Europe and as u know is PAL is there someway to change it to pal ? I did try with BIOS but is nothinh there to change ? is there any way or anybody has exprience of this problem ?

please inform me

thanks in advance

A:compaq notebook Presario 2197

search for you model and TV out on HP website
http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/cposuppor...sario 2197CA notebook PC&tmv=&lang=en&ctry=uk

have you tried
right click on desktop
settings
advanced
display
TV option ???

driver here
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericSoftwareDownloadIndex?lc=en&cc=us&softwareitem=hb-21505-1
the web site for the driver does not seem to ask if US or Europe so I ASSUME !!!! it will work for both ntsc and pal

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compaq-notebook-presario-2197.268112/
Relevancy 52.89%

looking for a modem, and sound card driver for a compaq presario notebook 1200. Had some problems with Windows, me, so I upgraded to Windows 2000, but can not find the drivers for my sound card, and modem. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

A:Compaq notebook 1200 driver

Hiya

Is it possible for you to tell us the model number of your presario 1200? There seem to be quite a few.

If you look here:

http://web14.compaq.com/falco/sp_list.asp

and put in your type, series, and OS, you will see that there is a long list under model number.

Or it asks for a softpaq number instaed.

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compaq-notebook-1200-driver.56265/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi, I have a friend who's compaq presario V3000 laptop suddenly started to make a loud buzzing noise from the fan area.

It appears that if the sound starts before Windows loads, it will persist on and off until the next restart. But sometimes it doesn't start at all before Windows loads, and during those times that sound is not heard at all until the next restart.

From reading about similar problems on the Macbook, I tried installing the RMClock program as advised but it didn't work.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/loud-fan-noise-on-compaq-notebook.654925/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi all I always turn to you guys for help as I m only a newbie I have a two weeks notebook Compaq presario crashed!!! old Compaq Presario R US with ram amp gig I was installing a bunch Compaq presario notebook crashed!!! of programs and all of a Compaq presario notebook crashed!!! sudden I Compaq presario notebook crashed!!! got the quot A necessary component for this function is missing or damaged c symantec antivirus novapw dll quot Then the system alerted me to antivirus protection not being on then eventually firewall protection not being on as well without disabling them from my end Last program I installed before all this hassel was the quot Norton antivirus corporate ed quot and I ended virus scan before it was completed because it took so long I did have the regular Norton antivirus on my system but wanted to upgrade to corporate version thinking it was better I tried to uninstall them but I can t even open remove program from my control panel As matter of fact I can t open anything I rebooted it up by taking the battery out so I could even reboot but it didn t help I was able to access a few app on my numerous reboots when I could ve but very limited Semantec norton did take me to a webpage where they described how to check for virus My computer couldn t even do that Something about active x and even when I said to install it didn t help any Then it said to uninstall and install again which I couldn t accomplish either I did check for virus with norton antivirus cd emergency check while booting up and none was found I m extremely scared that I might have totally messed it up I have so much data in it that I don t want to clean install not that I know how Please please help me I really need this laptop this weekend nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,

whenever I try and play games that require 3D, my notebook sometimes kicks back to the desktop and minimizes the game, or it plays the game with washed out colours.

I think i have all the drivers installed. I have an ATI mobility radeon graphics adapter.

Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks,

Dayne

Relevancy 52.89%

I bought this notebook last year after a month or two the monitor started flashing on and off i sent it back to hp and they said they had fixed it after a while it starting compaq notebook nx6110 problems flashing again and sometimes the screen would go black i sent compaq nx6110 notebook problems it to them and they said it was fixed and send it back to me now if I move the notebook at all it goes off and many times will not go on again I spoke to hp helpers and removed battery and tried to boot up but that didnt work Now it is booting up and there is a wireless connection which i am not sure how it got there because I am not knowledgeable about this so never attempted it I It still goes off when it is moved and I havent tried to put the battery back in the last time i booted up it did a check disk and corrected some of it but i could not get it to write it down any ideas on what is wrong and if its worth sending back for another repair I am just past the warrenty nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

And it crashed today. I'm not sure why but I think it was because of Java
and the IE8 I just installed a couple of days ago. I went crazy it took me all day to fix it. It even changed from DSL to the wireless connection...what's really weird is I don't even know how to hook that up!
So anyone have the same problem don't want it to happen again it was a mess.

A:I have a Compaq Presario Notebook with Vista

I think this would be better off in the Vista forum. I will move it there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-have-a-compaq-presario-notebook-with-vista.892931/
Relevancy 52.89%

Okay like the title says ive got an F notebook originally had vista on it but i upgraded to windows when it came out had a huge headache doing that but that was about a year ago and its been running fine since then out of nowhere my laptop overheated and crashed since then its been running slow as hell and freezing for no reason i try to open control panel and it takes like mins for the progress bar to fill but it comes up blank my friend had me install and run malware bytes and ccleaner it found a start menu virus that i deleted and quarantined im trying to figure out whats happening here im planning on opening it up and cleaning it out because I know what dust does to the heat sinks and i cant put COmpaq >_< crash F700 notebook a new fan because the fan and heatsink are all one piece apparently and im weary about taking this thing apart System Info Processor - AMD turion X Mobile Technology TL- Ghz Ram - GB System Type - bit OS also today i had an error message pop saying my processor might be bugging out so yeah any solutions

Relevancy 52.89%

im not sure if you re all aware of the new business laptop HP Compaq just came HP Compaq Business Notebook nx6125 out with but here it is it was in the techspot news http h HP Compaq Business Notebook nx6125 www hp com html inte jumpid in r d NBT nx showcase flash Neway heres my concern my little sister is going away to university next year and she needs a computer for school I like the laptop above because it has good features for the price and its portable unlike a desktop she can bring it to class if she wants to it has a nice hr battery life the uni has wireless net throughout and im sure the classroom will have outlets somewhere near so i decided laptop is better than a PC so what do you guys think are there any nice laptops that you guys could recommend jus need somethin cheap n reliable shes gonna be using the laptop mainly for word processing presentations and leisure stuff MSN downloading mp s movies n such thanks in advance for the help nbsp

A:HP Compaq Business Notebook nx6125

can anyone help me a lil? plz :blackeye:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-compaq-business-notebook-nx6125.27360/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,

System hang up when ever I make video call either from Facebook or skype and also when I watch movies in online and youtube...

Can Any one help in this regards....

Looking forward your positive response as early as possible

A:Compaq Presario CQ62 Notebook PC

Hi and welcome to TSF try reinstalling the video driver and update flash,shockwave and java also silverlight

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/compaq-presario-cq62-notebook-pc-680345.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I am attempting a rebuild on a friend's Compaq nx6310 notebook computer. However, I learned that this notebook has a SATA Hard drive and the install needs the driver thru F6. However, the HP webpage for drivers on this notebook model does not include these drivers. HP's technical chat was no help. I tried the Intel SATA AHCI Controller Drivers but they didn't work.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Brian

Relevancy 52.46%

How much do you think it will cost to fix that? and do you know where I can order the parts?

the entire right side of the lcd screen is off the hinge and i can lift it up. I don't have a camera, so that's the best I could do to explain what is wrong with my laptop.

A:compaq presario 2800 notebook repair help

well the plastic protecting it shouldnt be too bad nor the hinge. you can probably find most on ebay or use google and do a quick search for you laptop model.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compaq-presario-2800-notebook-repair-help.325116/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi I have a HP Compaq s notebook It is a bit old from but still works great Looking at it's specs below or online which OS would you suggest I want the best performance but the Windows for Which best notebook) hardware?(HP Compaq this is 6720s also be relatively secure and overally get the best of all I can Which Windows is the best for this hardware?(HP Compaq 6720s notebook) Quote Specs Brand HP Notebook model Compaq s Processor Intel Pentium Dual Core T Ghz RAM Memory GB DDR - x GB x MB Chipset Intel Express Chipset Graphics Intel Express Chipset Graphics aka Intel Intel GME Intel x Graphics type Integrated leeching system RAM maximum MB Certification sticker on-board Windows Vista BASIC grey badge NOT the Vista Premium Badge Other badges Energy Star Intel Pentium Dual Core Inside OEM OS came preinstalled but since then reinstalled Windows Vista Home Basic According to HP's website this notebook only supports Windows XP and Windows Vista There are drivers for both of them There are no drivers for Windows there and even though most Vista drivers work except for Graphics and part of chipset components and HP QuickLaunch buttons - downloads on windows update HP Phone Customer Support confirmed this anomaly They confirmed it is NOT compatible with Windows only XP or Vista I asked why and I asked them this Vista-driver trick and they told me that this is only a partial solution and if I install it performance will be very poor much worse than these two OSs This actually seems to be true I tested it Graphics is terrible youtube videos lag and the computer heats up much more than with XP and Vista is this a driver problem and wifi speeds are worse too This unit seems to be using CUSTOMIZED Graphics drivers I know this because Intel's auto-driver updater told me it won't update it because of the fact I currently have a driver customized by my computer manufacturer I am able to install other drivers though but performance seems to be impacted Of course this could be related to any other drivers too What's the word with Vista Basic badge Is it one that means this computer barely hits Vista's optimal requirements Or does it just lack premium extras On some other notebooks from this year I can see a white Vista Premium badge Why is there a difference Is it just a reference for the OEM installed vista edition or is it also an indicator of the computer's readiness of Vista I took a test-drive with Windows XP SP on this HP Compaq s It is very fast It runs pretty good But you know it's still XP No update support That's scary But should I be scared Is an internet security suite with or without its own firewall enough What I do like about XP though is what we all always liked It has a very small footprint and does what it needs It doesn't keep my computer busy I also took a test-drive with Windows Vista SP Performance is well okay not good but tolerable not nearly as good as XP What's most annoying is that just like Windows although not that much it heats up my notebook a lot As if I was running an Antivirus scan all the time Stuff like trustedinstaller and search indexer keep using my CPU and theres always something What should I use

A:Which Windows is the best for this hardware?(HP Compaq 6720s notebook)

Hi,
I would consider trying Linux Lite on it on a totally separate ssd or hdd and keep the existing one incase you don't like it...
My nephew uses Linux lite and loves it
https://www.linuxliteos.com/

https://www.linuxliteos.com/download.html#requirements

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/388902-windows-best-hardware-hp-compaq-6720s-notebook.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi guys,

I wanted to find out what options, if any, I had to recover files from a notebook that wont initialize explorer.exe (0xc0000006). I can get to the log in screen and select user but after it tries to load settings, all I can access is cmd and task manager. Im able to locate the files I want to copy through DOS but theres no 3.5 drive and the cd says not ready (im assuming due to lack of drivers loaded). Is there a way I can manually load the drivers needed for the cd drive to work? If not, is it possible to connect the laptop to my pc and access the hard drive from there? Please any help getting these files out would be GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks again everyone!

A:File recovery via c:\ Compaq 2200 notebook

Update: Tried connecting via router... Router identifies notebook as connected but when I open my network connections on the PC its not listed. I tried mapping the drive but just get a 'path not found' error, at the same time the 0xc0000006 error pops up on the notebook.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/file-recovery-via-c-compaq-2200-notebook-512283.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,

hope someone can help out here. I have rediscovered an old laptop I had laying around and thought to be great to have it set up for my 6 year old son. Now all ok etc just one last thing I just can't get sorted. Tis the sound. So now below is the link for the sound driver but for the life of me I don't have a 1.44" floppy drive to download this to.

Is there a way around this or can someone download this for me and...."unzip it" and mail to me?

Please assist
Flye

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=u

A:Compaq LTE 5000 Notebook PC series SOUND

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...=96326&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=19#113165

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compaq-lte-5000-notebook-pc-series-sound.709605/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have screwed up my daughters laptop whne I was trying to help creat a backup clone with Norton Ghost I put an external hard drive in an enclosure and plugged it into one of the boot ghost crashed won't after Notebook Compaq notebooks USBs I ran Ghost and chose source as Disk which included the C and D drives I selected destination as Disk which was the external enclosure drive I ran ghost clone option which restarts ans runs in DOS It rebooted and came up with the gray Ghost screen but it never got anywhere the hourglass ran forever so I had to power off After powering back on it asks to Restart Norton Ghost Compaq Notebook won't boot after ghost crashed or to Return to Windows without running ghost or Retry I choose Return to Windows and this is where it hangs up It just says quot Returning to Windows quot and never goes anywhere I have to power off and try again and I get the same options and the same thing happens On startup it says it is running PC DOS I do have two options before problem ESC to change boot sequence and F to enter setup I went into Setup and tried to restore defaults Didn't work I believe Ghost still tries to run in the background PLEASE HELP ME FIX THIS WITHOUT LOSING MY DAUGHTERS INFO ON HER HARD DRIVE THANK YOU

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/compaq-notebook-wont-boot-after-ghost-crashed-332779.html
Relevancy 52.46%

For anyone:
Operating sys xp home.. dvd/cdrom drive in compaq pressario notebook is going bad. What is procedure to get at this bad boy. ie: do you approach removal by getting under the key board? no way to get at it from the bottom... Does anyone know of a instruction manual to replace the drive?
thanks
not sure of model # z5030 (amd cpu)

A:replace compaq notebook cdrom drive

i have had three compaqs and they all had a little clip on the bottom and then it just pulled out.. one of the clips on one of the models was quite away up from the CD.
on my new HP laptop dv5094 - it also has a slider switch at the bottom.
i'll see if i can find out about your model

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replace-compaq-notebook-cdrom-drive.446928/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a Compaq Presario 1500 that overheats and shutsdown after a few minutes (approxmately 15 -20 minutes). Smart has detected that my hard drive is failing and I also have a DVD/CD-RW combo drive that reads CDs periodically. I don't know if this relates to the overheating at all.

System Specs:

Notebook model 1500
Processor P4 1.8 Ghz
Memory 512 MB
Rom date 07/24/2002
Rom family 68P4C

Relevancy 52.46%

Alright I have a Compaq N c which i had got from a car booty for like i was told it needed a full windows install It had a bootup password cleared it with CMOS battery etc Now i tried to use a Usb Crom drive but i found out from the boot options you cant use a usb boot I brought a IDE converter to put it on a computers nd cable port and use as a secondary harddrive and do it that way however everytime i try that it crashes the computer So i tried installing windows on another laptop then sticking in the notebook Fail again it just gives me the error No Diskdrive error etc I tried Half installing so when it does the power off after putting the install files on i took .... a on Read Compaq Windows installing on Help Xp Notebook it out and put in the notebook i get a blank screen completely Does anyone have any Idea on how to fix this issue It s really annoying me using my sisters laptop all the time Thanks Adzy nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

Is it possible to upgrade  the HP Compaq 6730s Notebook PC to run under Window 7 (currently running Windows Vista)? If yes, what I need to do  for that?

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Upgrade HP Compaq 6730s Notebook PC to Windows 7

Windows 7 install dvd or usb stick>Windows 7 SP1 MR ISO's Use links below if working or go direct to site linked below & use/match the digitalriver version numbers to find your linkhttp://mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/  64bit (google-drive , rename the file once downloaded including the .iso file extension)X17-59186.iso: Windows 7 SP1 Professional (x64)X17-58997.iso: Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium (x64)X17-59465.iso: Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate (x64) 32bit (google-drive , rename the file once downloaded including the .iso file extension)X17-59183.iso: Windows 7 SP1 Professional (x86)X17-58996.iso: Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium (x86)X17-59463.iso: Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate (x86)  Go here for Microsoft info on making dvd/usb & free tool for burning ... Above versions can be turned into all version disc by simply deleting on file (ei.cfg) from ISO ... Google has all the info & tutorials to help ... Activation help if needed .  driver from hp>http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=3994565&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4052 Some more ram if not already upgraded.Would be worth putting in a budget SSD such as kingston drive to make things a bit more speedy. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Upgrade-HP-Compaq-6730s-Notebook-PC-to-Windows-7/td-p/4981753
Relevancy 52.46%

First of all hi to all, I just joined these forums. My problem concerns the above notebook which does not want to power on. I already checked that the power supply is giving an ouput voltage. Also the battery is fully charged. Any ideas why it is not switching on?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/notebook-hp-compaq-nx9010-switching-problem.28495/
Relevancy 52.46%

Bios password not working- system disabled code 70724054help

Solved!

View Solution.

A:Compaq Presario CQ57-339WM Notebook PC

it worked Thank you! so can you help me with my display? its on the brightest setting but can still barely see screen

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Compaq-Presario-CQ57-339WM-Notebook-PC/td-p/4485080
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello in a notebook nbsp HP Compaq s after the computer has suddenly switched off several times for a no HP 6830s - Notebook the detected Compaq HD longer problem to the power cord the battery doesn't go the HD seems no longer to be detected nbsp Obviously Windows doesn't start ' Windows XP could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt Notebook HP Compaq 6830s - no longer detected the HD WINDOWS SYSTEM CONFIG SYSTEM ' and I can not even restore the files from CD - ROM the Notebook HP Compaq 6830s - no longer detected the HD procedure hangs with blue screen nbsp If I start the test on the HD nbsp from the BIOS the test is stopped immediately with the message ' Hard disk test failed - error reading ' nbsp The HD connected to another PC is working It does not seem to be a HD problem nbsp I tried to insert another HD and even this HD does not seem to be detected nbsp What tests can I do to find out if indeed the HD is not detected and why nbsp Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Notebook-HP-Compaq-6830s-no-longer-detected-the-HD/td-p/5737892
Relevancy 52.46%

I've been searching the Internet all day for drivers for this Notebook and have found most of them, but need two more. I can't get online.

It's a Windows XP Professional OS but I cannot get online without an Ethernet Controller driver, which I still haven't been able to find. I also need a Multimedia Audio Controller.

It's an old notebook but has hardly been used. The specs are as follows:

Intel[R] Pentium[R] M
processor 1.73Ghz
795 MHz,0.99 GB of RAM
Physical Address Extension

I still have the original Windows XP Professional disk

Will someone please help me find these two drivers? I've searched every HP Compaq driver site I could find to not avail.

Thanks so much,

bellisimo

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi All,

Discovered the forum whilst troubleshooting a BSOD i keep getting on my notebook.

I don't have any specifics other than the dump file attached as this is a shared notebook and all users get the bsod which then requires a manual power cycle to log back on.

I have run the hp diagnostics utility using F2 at startup and all tests passed.

All assistance is much appreciated.

Cheers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/392622-bsod-compaq-presario-cq43-notebook.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello, I have a laptop model : Compaq 15-s001tu Notebook PC that came with a DOS installed. Now, running windows 8.1 64 bit I was having a wifi problem from the 1st day. I have downloaded each and every updates of the wifi but nothing worked correctly. Below shows an image of a wifi driver which is currently working right now.   But this version of the driver got lot of limitation. I cant get a wifi connection in another room whereas, other devices can get wifi easily. The wifi icon shows limited everytime I htry to access it from that room. I always have to sit inside the room where the router is present.  Please show me the way to get out of this problem. 

A:Wifi gets limited in Compaq 15-s001tu Notebook PC

Hi there @roy2015,  Before I provide troubleshooting documentation, I would like to take a minute to welcome you to the HP Support Community, where you can ask questions, find solutions and get help from others in the community! Please make sure to show your appreciation by clicking the 'Thumbs up' button on this post!  I read that you receive limited connectivity on your Wifi, I want to thank you very much for providing me with the screenshot. I took a look at the information you had provided me with and under Driver Date: It says that it is from 6/23/2013.  How did you do your software and drive updates? I noticed that you are currently using Driver Version: 5.0.26.26. Which seems to be an older version. I went to your Compaq 15-s001tu Notebook PC Software and Driver Downloads you will see that there are two different Ralink Wireless LAN Adapter downloads that you can use.  The most updated one is the MediaTek (Ralink) Wireless LAN (WLAN) Adapter: sp69543.exeVersion 5.0.50.0Released: Nov 4, 2014Updated: Apr 9, 2016 The one before that is the MediaTek(Ralink) 802.11 Wireless LAN (WLAN) Adapter: sp66088.exeVersion 5.0.45.0Released: Apr 17, 2014Updated: Apr 9, 2016 I also did some research and found a great document for your called HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8). This document will help you troubleshoot the Wi-Fi issue.   If you are receiving any of these errors:Internet Explorer cannot display the Web page.Work Offline: No connection to the Internet is currently available.Not connected: You are currently not connected to any networks.Here is another document called HP PCs - Resolving Broadband Internet connection problems (Windows 8).  Have you tried to Restore the BIOS? Have you tried to directly connect to the Modem/Router? Have you uninstalled the driver in the Device Manager?  If not, please do the following: Go to the Device Manager.Expand using the + sign next to Network Adapters.Right click on the Network Adapters.Click Uninstall.Restart the Notebook twice.Have you tried to Update wireless   network drivers?    If not, please try the following:    Go to the Device Manager.Expand Network Adapters.Right click on the Network Adapter.Click Update Software DriverRestart the Notebook.  I would like to provide you with a great document called    Troubleshooting Wireless Networks and Internet. This document has step-by-step troubleshooting instructions (including the ones asked in the questions above)  that should help you resolve the issue you are having with the   Wi- Fi.  Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant if you need it. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system at the time of purchase or that need updating. Did this reply resolve your issue or answer your question? If yes, then please share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button.  If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting and the answers to the questions above.  Don't forget to click the Thumbs Up to show your appreciation.  Thank you for joining the HP Support Community!Have a great day! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-gets-limited-in-Compaq-15-s001tu-Notebook-PC/td-p/5588507