Windows Support Forum

Asus N53SM wake up from sleep issues

Q: Asus N53SM wake up from sleep issues

My laptop doesnot load when it is in hibernate or sleep. if I want to load it,I must have refresh mycomputer many times as soon as it boot up!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Asus N53SM wake up from sleep issues

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Asus N53SM wake up from sleep issues

This may be caused by a faulty video driver. Check to see if there is a update for the video driver and make sure you have applied all the Windows Updates

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-n53sm-wake-up-from-sleep-issues.207218/
Relevancy 79.12%

I don't know if this is a software problem or not, so forgive me if this is the wrong forum to post it on.
My Asus Q301LA refuses to wake from sleep mode if the charger is plugged in and the battery is fully charged. To elaborate, all that happens is the light on the power button comes on, but my screen is still blank. I have to force shutdown or force sleep, remove the charger and then wake it again.

Though it will still come on if the charger is not plugged in when I press the power button or the battery is not fully charged. I recently imported it from the US into India, so is it possible it is a power-related issue? Although I am using a proper voltage converter and adapter.

Thanks.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/51325-asus-laptop-refuses-wake-sleep.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello all Hopefully I've posted this in the right place I have sleep Asus my doesn't from wake G51V mode. Lalptop Sometimes up an Asus G VX gaming PC I'm using bit Windows Vista I had my hard drive replaced a few months ago and am now just using it a lot Over the past week I seem to have been having this issue but now it's really coming now It's happened twice yesterday When I close the lid it goes into sleep mode then when I open it the lights on the center part of the outside of the lid Republic of Gaming logo come on as do a couple of lights near the power button but the screen remains black and I have to hold down the power button to restart it I don't like doing this because I was told it fries the motherboard and harddrive After it reboots Windows Error Recovery comes up and prompts me to go to safe Sometimes my Asus G51V Lalptop doesn't wake up from sleep mode. mode or start windows normally I'm pretty sure my drivers are updated although I'm not sure about BIOS I've tried enabling disabling hibernate but according to the command prompt I don't have permission I'm all out of ideas Also when I took my PC in to get the hard drive upgraded the guy said there was Sometimes my Asus G51V Lalptop doesn't wake up from sleep mode. a bug in some Asus models that cause a black screen whenever you restart them Has anyone heard of this or did he mess something up and just told me this Thanks EDIT Actually according to System Information it's a G VX

A:Sometimes my Asus G51V Lalptop doesn't wake up from sleep mode.

Bump
Any ideas?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584842/sometimes-my-asus-g51v-lalptop-doesnt-wake-up-from-sleep-mode/
Relevancy 76.54%

I have been experiencing intermittent BSOD when it wakes from sleep on my Zenbook running Win 8.

Have not been able to determine the cause and was hoping the smart guys here would be able to point me in the right direction or at least give me an idea of how to study the memory dumps so I can figure it out.

A:Assorted BSOD on Wake from Sleep - Win8 on Asus Zenbook (UX31)

Load the minidumps in windows debugger (windows debugging tools)

It seems you have a problem with your disk or memory.

If you can, replace the hdd (i.e. rip one from an external usb enclosure)
ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc000000e - A device which does not exist was specified.
DISK_HARDWARE_ERROR: There was error with disk hardware

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: MEMORY_CORRUPTION_LARGE_4096
BUCKET_ID: MEMORY_CORRUPTION_LARGE_4096
Followup: memory_corruption

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/9462-assorted-bsod-wake-sleep-win8-asus-zenbook-ux31.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Once and a great while my PC will actually stay asleep, but usually it's always being woken up by what appears to be my USB controller. Need to figure how to stop the premature wakeup!

Wake History Count - 1
Wake History [0]
Wake Source Count - 2
Wake Source [0]
Type: Device
Instance Path: PCI\VEN_1B21&DEV_1042&SUBSYS_84881043&REV_00\4&15c45f2f&0&00E3
Friendly Name:
Description: ASMedia XHCI Controller
Manufacturer: ASMedia Technology Inc
Wake Source [1]
Type: Device
Instance Path: USB\ROOT_HUB20\4&39f1d5&0
Friendly Name:
Description: USB Root Hub
Manufacturer: (Standard USB Host Controller)

A:Wake From Sleep Issues - Win 8.1

Seems had this issue before Waking From Sleep ? ? ? Year ago

Common issue with Windows 8.1 for some with sleep. Ever try look for updates from ASUS ?
What about settings in Device Manager, right click root hub select properties then Power Management.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/65280-wake-sleep-issues-win-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi Everyone I'm hoping you guys can help 7 Sleep Win Wake Issues and me seeing as your the number Google search and all on Win threads I've been happily working away with Vista x Home Premium no problems and my Hauppage HVR worked awsomely and SOOO reliably My power was less reliable than my recordings However now having Dual-booted our lovely friend Win 7 Sleep and Wake Issues Win x first Beta and now RC I'm having some issues similar to those I used to have on my old computer running Vista x Home Premium Won't come out of Win 7 Sleep and Wake Issues sleep by the mouse or keyboard I'm running them through a Hub but even before they were through the hub it didn't work I haven't got any software installed for either and am going to give it a go but it's never worked before I've also started running MST which I had to use on my old computer to get Vista to come out of sleep for recordings Hasn't seemed to have worked yet And more distressingly IF it wakes up for a Media Centre recording or update or whatever times it blue screens or locks up when it does or after its finished and trying to go back to sleep I have several dmp files and plenty of events but all I've been able to narrow it down to are I have an external hard drive that I run Roboform password manager and my email off so its constantly being read- apparently USB devices like that can cause some trouble OR It's a driver issue quite possibly either the Intel RAID driver RAID I'm using or my LAN driver Realtek RTL D I've tried updating the RAID drivers but I have the latest ones apparently I have also tried updating to the latest realtek LAN drivers which stop my network connection working at all I'm ALSO getting HAL STOP errors showing up quite often in my event viewer so I updated my BIOS BIOS F and after rebuilding my RAID array thank you very much Gigabyte it achieved nothing and the HAL errors keep showing up Sorry that was so long but having come off a Vista x system working brilliantly and REALLY looking forward to transferring to after playing with the Beta it's very annoying There are so many things I love about but it's obviously having issues with something I have or haven't done One final note- My Hauppage is a PCIe x connection but I had to put it in a PCIe x because the space behind the x on the UD is about quot useless design however before I updated to BIOS F a in March when I was on F the computer wouldn't boot with the tuner installed My guess was that the PCI lane cross-connections were a but buggy and the BIOS revision fixed it and I haven't had any problems since but it could be a factor somehow ANY help at all would be appreciated and thanks for taking the time to read a novel

A:Win 7 Sleep and Wake Issues

Your description of the problem implies an ACPI advanced function compatibility issue. There are two parts to this problem, the BIOS and the chipset driver. It appears you have the most recent BIOS for your motherboard. Make sure you also have the most recent chipset driver for your motherboard.

Your motherboard supports HPET (high precision event timing), which is likely the cause of your HAL errors, particularly if disabled (since your motherboard will report that it is HPET capable and Vista and 7 like to use it if possible). Also, if you are running the OS as 64-bit, make sure the HPET mode is set to 64-bit. Lastly, I would disable PME to be on the safe side. For debugging purposes, ensure the suspend type is S1.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/16427-win-7-sleep-wake-issues.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I have a computer running 7 Pro 64x that won't wake from sleep when the keyboard or mouse is pressed. I checked in device manager and both are selected to wake the computer and not allow it to power down the devices. They are both PS/2. The only way to wake the computer is by hitting the power button on the case. I went into the advanced power settings and disabled the hybrid sleep and made sure it was set to never hibernate. Nothing has worked so far, ideas?

A:Wake from sleep issues

Yes, forget Sleep and Hibernate, they are more trouble than they are worth.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/107987-wake-sleep-issues.html
Relevancy 73.96%

My PC is fairly new and I'm having problems with slow shutdowns restarts and slow sleep wakes Recently it seems to fail waking altogether and restarts after a while instead Usually during waking I just have a black screen for a long time before the reset restart but sometimes I see the Windows log-in screen but it's unresponsive The problem predates my CPU undervolting and doesn't seem to change when I switch RAM settings back to Auto instead of XMP I my RAM necessitates some kind of overclock in order to function at its rated speed Can anyone advise how to proceed Thanks System specification below This forum has a fantastic design that eliminates slow to sleep & wake shutdown/restart from & sleep/wake to fails PC the form of pasted lists of information That's just great for preventing people from reading it I was worried someone might have read PC slow to shutdown/restart & sleep/wake from sleep & fails to wake this information OS Win Pro -bitMainboard ASUS Z Pro GamingCPU Intel i th gen Stock HSF Undervolt Offset - V LLC RAM Corsair LPX Vengeance x GB DDR - CMK GX M B C Graphics Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX Sys Drive Samsung PC slow to shutdown/restart & sleep/wake from sleep & fails to wake Evo SSD PC slow to shutdown/restart & sleep/wake from sleep & fails to wake GBData Drives OCZ Vertex SSD GB WDC WD FAEX- Y A TB WDC WD FZEX- Z SA TB WDC WD FAEX- MJRA TB RAID GB Maxtor B MO x PSU XFX TS W P - S-NLB Bluetooth Parani UD Bluetooth USB AdapterMonitor LG quot W S-BF Wide LCD Monitor x msLogitech G mouse K keyboard UEFI BIOS divergence from optimised default settingsAI Overclock Tuner Auto - gt XMP DRAM Frequency Auto - gt DDR - MHz Min CPU Cache Ratio Auto - gt Max CPU Cache Ratio Auto - gt CPU Core Cache Voltage Auto - gt Offset Mode DRAM Voltage Auto - gt DRAM CAS Latency Auto - gt DRAM RAS to CAS Delay Auto - gt DRAM RAS ACT Time Auto - gt CPU Load-line Calibration Auto - gt Level SATA Mode Selection AHCI - gt RAID Model Name LED Lighting Breathing Mode - gt Disabled SupremeFX LED Lighting Breathing Mode - gt Disabled CPU Q-Fan Control Auto - gt PWM Mode

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/68830-pc-slow-shutdown-restart-sleep-wake-sleep-fails-wake.html
Relevancy 73.53%

W7 PC wakes up from sleep every few minutes. It didn't use to. I am the builder / owner / sole user. Investigation done so far at the DOS prompt to establish the cause:

powercfg -devicequery wake_armed
(no results returned)

powercfg -waketimers
There are no active wake timers in the system

powercfg -lastwakeWake History Count - 1
Wake History [0]
Wake Source Count - 0Other ideas to try and establish the cause with please?

Many thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/384584-uncommanded-wake-sleep-yet-no-wake-devices-wake-timers-exist.html
Relevancy 71.38%

E with the latest BIOS and latest drivers for everything else TPM version is Put the computer to sleep close lid and try to use fingerprint to log in works for a while After about - sleep wake the fingerprint stops working and after with cycles sleep/wake E7470 10 - = TPM a fingerprint Windows few issues + Windows reports Something has gone wrong quot Windows reports in E7470 - Windows 10 + fingerprint = issues with TPM after a few sleep/wake cycles the Event Viewer Log SystemSource TPMEvent ID The device driver for the Trusted Platform Module TPM encountered a non-recoverable error in the TPM hardware which prevents TPM services such as data encryption from being used For further help please contact the computer manufacturer Only way I have found to fix this is a reboot Would like to see if there is a TPM firmware upgrade or a new driver that fixes this Sort of annoying to reboot just for the E7470 - Windows 10 + fingerprint = issues with TPM after a few sleep/wake cycles sake of rebooting I keep a lot of applications running Is there a Dell TPM driver for this It is using the Microsoft driver dated I can t find one on the Dell support site

A:E7470 - Windows 10 + fingerprint = issues with TPM after a few sleep/wake cycles

Hi MARK.VALPREDA,
Are you using Windows Hello to login?
If you have already updated the BIOS, then reinstall the chipset drivers and the security drivers - http://dell.to/28Z4Fzh - ControlVault 2 driver and firmware and you could also try reinstalling the TPM 2.0 update.
Write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.
Let us know if you have any other queries.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19984096
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello,I am having a lot of issues with my new XPS 13. The computer is not going to sleep after having the laptop lid closed, it just burns through its power supply. I have checked all setting and it should not be doing this.
Also, I am having wake up issues sometimes when I close it and open it up again within a short frame of time, say, 5-10 minutes. The screen will remain black and I will have to restart the machine.
Is there a patch or driver I can install to resolve this? This is really frustrating from such a high-end machine, opening and closing should be the least of my concerns...

Thanks,

THV

A:Sleep Issues and Wake Up Issues-xps 13

Hi THV,
What is the exact system model? What is the current OS installed on the system?
If the system was working fine earlier, then perform system restore to restore the machine to an earlier point where it was working fine.
Update the BIOS - http://dell.to/1n3X2po - enter the service tag and download the BIOS, update and restart the machine and check.
Reinstall the chipset drivers and the video drivers from the vendor site - intel.com or geforce.com (if applicable)
Create a new local admin account and check. 
If you are unable to find the required drivers and relevant info, then provide the exact system model and the OS installed on the machine and I can provide the right links.
Keep us updated.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19963459
Relevancy 67.51%

I have had my Asus laptop for about 3 months now and I have been continually having issues with the sleep and hibernate functions of my laptop. My computer goes to sleep/hibernates fine but whenever I try to wake it up it looks like everything is going fine for about 10 seconds or so and then it freezes and turns to a blue screen and says something about dumping my physical memory (I assume it means ram?) and then it restarts itself. If anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated.

A:Asus laptop hibernate and sleep issues

Check online for current motherboard drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/67697-asus-laptop-hibernate-sleep-issues.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi I am new here Hoping someone can help me out with this issue I work in IT so am not a complete computer bonehead and am at my wits end with this My laptop is about years old it's a toshiba For whatever reason it Laptop wake extremely wake up sleep minutes to mode, slow from 5+ to started taking minutes to wake up from sleeping If it sleeps for an hour it's OK but if you leave it sleep all night and try to wake it up in the morning it's quite cranky After the minute wake up it performs as normal It was running Windows Home bit Troubleshooting steps that I have taken are as follows Reinstalled windows Issue was resolved but after about - weeks issue came back I thought maybe it was some type of windows update so I reinstalled windows again and paid closer attention to the updates Issue presented itself again after Laptop extremely slow to wake up from sleep mode, 5+ minutes to wake - weeks and there were no updates immediately done prior to it starting I started to think maybe it was something related to my hard drive so i performed laptop surgery and swapped out my original hard drive with a solid slate drive and installed windows Ultimate bit this laptop can support bit so I figured why not upgrade Laptop extremely slow to wake up from sleep mode, 5+ minutes to wake issue again was resolved for a few weeks and now it's back to taking minutes to wake up again If you're turning the laptop on from scratch it takes - seconds tops if you're restarting it's - seconds tops man I love SSD if you're waking itup within the hour its - seconds But anything longer then that minutes It barely has any software installed all I use this laptop for is the internet and office type stuff I've checked event viewer to see if it's having driver issues or this or that and haven't been able to pinpoint this One of my coworkers suggested defragging the registry but that hasn't sped it up either Any thoughts My current work around is just to always power down the laptop

A:Laptop extremely slow to wake up from sleep mode, 5+ minutes to wake

Hi there, have you ran any malware/anti virus scans?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/321107-laptop-extremely-slow-wake-up-sleep-mode-5-minutes-wake.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I have a Dell Optiplex with WinXPPro SP GB RAM and an Intel Core Duo E and it is unreliable for Wake on LAN and Wake on Ring I also wonder whether my Standby - Sleep - Suspend S or S is working correctly When the PC is in Standby - Sleep - Suspend mode S or S Wake on LAN and Wake on Ring work Ring, on with Wake Sleep LAN Wake on Trouble Suspend Standby - - and some of the time but not all of the time and I'd like them to be reliable These may be two different problems but your advice Trouble with Wake on Ring, Wake on LAN and Standby - Sleep - Suspend will be appreciated Also if I should post in a different forum please advise My Network Card is an Intel DM- Gigabit Network Connection and I recently upgraded its drivers using quot generic quot PROXP exe from the Intel website although this has not helped the problem The specific driver file e e sys is now from -- it used to be from But as I say Wake on LAN from Standby was not and is still not reliable both before and after the driver update In Settings Network Connections Local Area Connections Properties Configure Power Management all the Wake on LAN options are checked ON - Wake on Directed Packet - Wake on Magic Packet - Wake on Magic Packet from Power Off State - Wake on Link The NIC card's Diagnostic checks are all OK My fax modem card is a Conexant D PCI V Modem and I have the most recent drivers dated version In Settings Phone and Modem Options Modems Properties quot Allow this device to bring the computer out of standby quot is checked ON The MS fax service is configured to answer on zero or one rings And I have the same problems regardless of my Screensaver or Power Management settings The PC is NOT set to go into Hibernate ever I have experimented with various settings for Standby Monitor Off and Hard Disk Drive off but the problem stays the same regardless and also appears if I put the PC into Standby manually My Dell BIOS version is A the latest for this PC I have a choice of S or S for Standby but the problems are the same regardless which one I choose What to do If it's a BIOS problem how can I fix Another post suggested I stop using ACPI for Power Management and let Windows run Power Management However there is no choice in Settings or the BIOS to do that at least none that I have found More symptoms On this PC I also have LogMeInFree version Just recently the problems with Wake on LAN and Wake on Ring seemed to go away but I noticed that the PC was no longer really going to sleep during Standby When this Dell is in Standby its power light should blink I saw that the light would start blinking but then go solid again and although the monitor stayed dark the PC certainly quot felt quot awake So I checked some of the log files in LogMeInFree and saw indications that LogMeInFree was reaching out for power every few seconds over and over So all this past weekend I exited out of LogMeInFree saw the PC go into GOOD standby blinking power light but my Wake on Ring problem came back I think the LogMeInFree problem is separate and had the perverse result of hiding my Wake on Ring and Wake on LAN problems which return when LogMeInFree is off but thought I'd let you know Thanks for your thoughts

A:Trouble with Wake on Ring, Wake on LAN and Standby - Sleep - Suspend

More to above: Dell has suggested I must re-install Windows. I've never done that, and I realize I'd probably lose all my applications and data - no good. Seems to me that's like using an atomic bomb to kill a mosquito. And why should I assume that will work?

But is there a way to re-install -- or maybe fix -- Windows that leaves everything else safe?

FYI - About a month or so ago, I ran SFC (System File Checker) in repair mode, and that didn't help with this problem.

Any ideas?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/trouble-with-wake-on-ring-wake-on-lan-and-standby-sleep-suspend-432401.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I have an issue with the sleep function The computer does not awake from sleep When I try to do it it behaves as if it was waking but it never ends and there is only a black screen the mouse and keyboard are inoperative The only thing possible to do is a hard reboot When it boots it shows a notice with a minute report in an No Sleep issue the From have sleep T ? BlockedI with Wake function. the zip file usually saying there was a blue screen but I NEVER see any blue screen at all I know the power configuration is OK No Wake From Sleep ? BlockedI have an issue with the sleep function. T because I have always No Wake From Sleep ? BlockedI have an issue with the sleep function. T used the same scheme A powercfg energy report shows several errors and warnings They refer to USB and PCI vendor ATI motherboard but I don t know how to repair them I downloaded the drivers downloader from Rrecipester org and downloaded and installed the drivers They are all Broadcom Corporation signed the brand of my USB Bluetoth attachment I rebooted after installing as recommended Run powercfg energy again and got the same report issues in the zip file I don t think the processor utilization warnings to be very important because they are low and sporadic picks It No Wake From Sleep ? BlockedI have an issue with the sleep function. T has been like this for some time now so I don t have a restore point Can someone help and tell me what I can do so solve this issue please Files uploaded in the attached zip Windows warning after reboot Windows dump and xml files each Powercfg -energy report I wanted to correct the thread title but was unable to do it Maybe someone else can do it

A:No Wake From Sleep – BlockedI have an issue with the sleep function. T

Quite confident it's a driver issue, it will be very difficult to troubleshoot from the one included dump file though as it's incomplete and inconclusive.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BAD_POOL_CALLER (c2)
The current thread is making a bad pool request. Typically this is at a bad IRQL level or double freeing the same allocation, etc.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000007, Attempt to free pool which was already freed
Arg2: 000000000000109b, (reserved)
Arg3: 0000000004440006, Memory contents of the pool block
Arg4: fffffa8007c481b0, Address of the block of pool being deallocated

Debugging Details:
------------------

***** Debugger could not find nt in module list, module list might be corrupt, error 0x80070057.

Cannot get _POOL_TRACKER_BIG_PAGES type size
Cannot get _POOL_TRACKER_BIG_PAGES type size

POOL_ADDRESS: fffffa8007c481b0

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xc2_7

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffffa80036544e0 to fffff800038c2d40

STACK_TEXT:
fffff800`00b9c360 fffffa80`036544e0 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`000007ff fffffa80`03619000 fffffa80`04498360 : 0xfffff800`038c2d40
fffff800`00b9c368 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`000007ff fffffa80`03619000 fffffa80`04498360 fffff800`038d0fff : 0xfffffa80`036544e0
STACK_COMMAND: kb

SYMBOL_NAME: ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: Unknown_Module

IMAGE_NAME: Unknown_Image

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

BUCKET_ID: CORRUPT_MODULELIST

Followup: MachineOwner

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/219849-no-wake-sleep-blockedi-have-issue-sleep-function-t.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Whether I choose any option other than to turn PC off, instead of tapping spacebar on my MS wireless keyboard I have to tap the button for power on the tower, then the monitor turns on as the fan runs, but always a black screen. So then I have to do a manual boot and select to start normally.

Started a week ago, around the same time as a graphics card failure. I installed a new PNY GeForce, updated ALL drivers on my Gateway DX4710-UB301A, (Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit, AVG antivirus free 2014) played with power management and startup config settings, trolled forums, performed malware scans, and still can't figure out the issue. 

Please help!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/520005/groggy-wake-up-from-sleep-hybrid-sleep-or-hibernate/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi all,
I have win 7 x64 running on a custom built machine. Every now and then the machine freezes up when I try to wake it up from sleep (usually overnight). I have not made changes to make it hybernate. I experienced this again last night and am wondering if I could get some help analyzing this minidump as I don't know how to analyze it.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

A:win 7 won't wake up after sleep

Hello IndianinIA,

I wonder if that was caused by your network driver. Try uninstalling and reinstalling that driver, e1e6032e.sys, and make sure that you get the latest version.

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Jonathan\Desktop\020810-18921-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

DbsSplayTreeRangeMap::Add: ignoring zero-sized range at ?fffff800`00b9c500?
Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02a00000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02c3de50
Debug session time: Sun Feb 7 23:28:12.828 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 13:16:53.125
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa8007425a20, fffff80000b9c518, fffffa800a040e10}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for e1e6032e.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for e1e6032e.sys
Probably caused by : e1e6032e.sys

---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
A driver is causing an inconsistent power state.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a time
Arg2: fffffa8007425a20, Physical Device Object of the stack
Arg3: fffff80000b9c518, Functional Device Object of the stack
Arg4: fffffa800a040e10, The blocked IRP

Debugging Details:
------------------
DRVPOWERSTATE_SUBCODE: 3

IRP_ADDRESS: fffffa800a040e10

DEVICE_OBJECT: fffffa800808c050

DRIVER_OBJECT: fffffa800809f7d0

IMAGE_NAME: e1e6032e.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 49c923b3

MODULE_NAME: e1e6032e

FAULTING_MODULE: fffff88004a6a000 e1e6032e

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002ae0e23 to fffff80002a71f00

STACK_TEXT:
fffff800`00b9c4c8 fffff800`02ae0e23 : 00000000`0000009f 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`07425a20 fffff800`00b9c518 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff800`00b9c4d0 fffff800`02a7dfa6 : fffff800`00b9c600 fffff800`00b9c600 00000000`00000001 00000000`00000000 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x29330
fffff800`00b9c570 fffff800`02a7d326 : fffff800`02c20700 00000000`002eb148 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiProcessTimerDpcTable+0x66
fffff800`00b9c5e0 fffff800`02a7de7e : 0000006f`52d7e4d6 fffff800`00b9cc58 00000000`002eb148 fffff800`02bedb88 : nt!KiProcessExpiredTimerList+0xc6
fffff800`00b9cc30 fffff800`02a7d697 : 0000001a`17a08dc1 0000001a`002eb148 0000001a`17a08d0d 00000000`00000048 : nt!KiTimerExpiration+0x1be
fffff800`00b9ccd0 fffff800`02a7a6fa : fffff800`02beae80 fffff800`02bf8c40 00... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/62059-win-7-wont-wake-up-after-sleep.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Since installing SP my computer Wake Sleep Wake Sleep has been acting like a one year old When I put it to sleep at night it keeps waking and Sleep Wake Sleep Wake then goes to sleep only to wake again Left untouched it went through this cycle all night Starts seconds after I put it to sleep and stays on for minutes and then goes to sleep for seconds then wake for two minutes etc etc etc I disconnected a flash drive that I had in a USB port I disabled quot wake timers quot under Sleep in Power Options I disabled quot allow this device to wake the computer quot in the properties of the USB wireless mouse In the properties for the network adapter under the quot Advanced quot tab I disabled the quot Wake on Settings quot That fixed the problem but then I couldn't wake my computer with Logmein and I think Orb is disabled Noticed when I went back that there's another tab quot Power Control quot for network adapter I disabled quot allow this device to wake the computer quot and changed the Advanced tab quot Wake on setting quot to quot OS controlled quot Now when I put it to sleep it seems to stay down I'll update tomorrow if it misbehaves tonight

A:Sleep Wake Sleep Wake

If you think it might be the network card, you can always open a cmd prompt and run powercfg -lastwake to see which device was logged as waking the machine last.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/152451-sleep-wake-sleep-wake.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi guys srry haven t been to tech support guy for awhile in case if i miss any information feel free to remind me and i ll post it asap My laptop is about years old Acer Aspire one day Cant from Sleep Wake up like any normal day i Cant Wake up from Sleep was away from my laptop and it went to sleep Cant Wake up from Sleep The next time i was using it i tried to wake it up it froze for around mins so i tried to restart it and the next thing i knew it only starts up to quot startup repair quot Any attempts to access safe mode to debug the computer has failed and since then the laptop has gone on a loop -- gt fail to repair in startup repair -- gt restart computer again -- gt running startup repair So i decided to reinstall the OS after reformatting and reinstalling windows to my laptop though i seem to encounter a similar error The laptop seems to work fine although whenever it goes to sleep and i try to wake it up the screen froze and starts flashing and the laptop wont work until you restart the computer again I made my second attempt to reinstall a new OS to the system and the same error occurred My laptop has the latest bios and i tried various versions of drivers for my graphics card intel chipset and the problem continues to persist I was wondering if there s any program to debug this error or whether this is a hardware error that i can somehow detect Thanks Acer Aspire Windows bit operation system nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

driver me crazy my S3 Can Wake up STR NOT Sleep PC details MB GIGA X -DQ BIOS F a Menory G Skill DDR G X G - - - CPU E Harddisk WD YS Vedio Card LeadTeck PX GT S3 STR Sleep Can NOT Wake up I can not stand GT's fan noice so I order AC S Rev heatsink to replace old one replcace is good the noice is down and also control the temp to degree then the story comes I find VISTA Home P SP Can Sleep but when I try to wake up the PC CPU Fan Hardisk VedioCard fan start working but the LCD have no signal and Wireless Keybord and mouse does not work I reinstall chip MB drivers and vedio card drivers still same problem I change DELL to Philips P stll no siginal I change BIOS From S to S yes it can wake up but I need S I check the Device Manger and find SYSTEM DEVICES - gt PCI Bus Properties general say working properly BUT resources menory range conflicts pls see the picsorry it is Chinese Powercfg a says system support S I am sorry my OS is Chinese but I can NOT find answer from China pls help if you guys need transfer into English just let me know one more pic from DM

A:S3 STR Sleep Can NOT Wake up

Hi Wufawutian,

Check this Tutorial for solving sleep problems...

Power Options and Sleep Mode Problems

Let me know the results
Steven

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/158050-s3-str-sleep-can-not-wake-up.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Greetings.  I have a T61 that won't wake from sleep. Situation:Put PC to "sleep" using Fn+F4, closing lid or let it go to "sleep" via system timerPC will not wake upon opening lid, using Fn+F4 or power button.We're forced to either 1) hold down power button (which forces a reboot), or 2) (when that fails), unplug from wall AND remove battery.System:T61, 7664 RYU, Bios 7LETC6WW (2.26)VistaAll Microsoft and Lenovo patches installed and current Notes:Don't have a restore point we can refer back to.Don't want to have to burn it down and start over.My hunch is that there is a conflict somewhere in the registry (maybe between what the bios thinks and what the registry has)?I'll PayPal you $25 if your solution fixes it....  Seriously. Many thanks.  

A:T61 Won't Wake From Sleep

Hi, I have the same problem and have tried all the fixes...none work.  If you get a solution please let me know! Thanks,[email protected]

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T61-and-prior-T-series/T61-Won-t-Wake-From-Sleep/td-p/203518
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello Eight Forums New HP Notebook One month power on W bit Setup with Classic Shell and Fast Startup Off Have to decide next week If I should return for new machine exchange or keep with two known issues Sleeps on timer okay Just cannot wake from Sleep Tap space bar Black screen goes gray Times to black Noticed ethernet lite not on Plug is clear wake from New cannot W8.1 Sleep plastic with white led normally on and on during startup Suspect power to NIC not satisfied so no wake from Sleep New W8.1 cannot wake from Sleep Have to force shutdown Startup is normal Forced shutdown is not flagged prompting startup options igfx Tray Module has stopped working pops dialog box on some startups HP and I have been round and round HP wants me to contact Microsoft We all know that's not fun HP is bad enough Always leaving remote session with machine worse for the experience HP went through settings and drivers HP un-installed re-installed over-installed and updated drivers till they were exhausted Using HP Support Assistant and pulling soft paks from HP com Then came the requisite System Recovery Then came more BS Yesterday after a Device Manager graphics driver un-install install Windows Update offered it's two cents with an Intel HD Graphics update I can return to Staples for new same machine No harm No foul No cost New warranty period Machine worked no issues afaik for two weeks Then BIOS and UEFI manual pull updates via HP Support Assistant No issues Then on HP recommend Reluctantly updates HP updates waiting in Support Assistant queue Intel HD Graphics Driver SP Realtek LAN SP and Realtek HD Audio SP I believe the igfx Tray Module is cosmetic I may open Intel HD Graphics Control Panel Icon to access Intel Graphics UI Tray Module I believe is just the System Tray Icon Which I may also access via right click desktop context menu Graphics Properties and Options Have no need to play with graphics Default no issue Wake from Sleep sans a forced shutdown would be nice Comments Suggestions Please Tried to attach powercfg exe energy report HTML would not open in browser or attach from Notepad as HTML Bottom line of huge text doc lt lt No energy efficiency problems were found No information was returned gt gt

A:New W8.1 cannot wake from Sleep

Geez, not even a Welcome

HP referred me to Microsoft. Microsoft referred me back to HP
M$ did offer me fee based support. No guarantee my system would not be left as a door stop.

So, whose responsible here. HP the vendor of M$
Or, M$ the author of W8
Or, Intel
Or, one of the umpteen needless Windows apps that came pre-installed.

If I want Netflix. I can get em' without a Tile.
If I want the weather...well, you can follow where I'm going.......................

Not even a Welcome ~

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/59854-new-w8-1-cannot-wake-sleep.html
Relevancy 56.33%

So it sleeps no bother normally but it seems that if my htpc has woken it with a wol magic packet, it will not go back to sleep , ever unless manually put to sleep. Rebooting and automatic sleep works again. I recently reinstalled windows and have looked atvevery setting I can think of. Including unattended sleep timeoutvin gpedit which I have tried not config and set to one min. Powercfg shows nothing.

A:no sleep after wake on lan

I have been searching the internet and it seems that this situation is unique.

To clarify, sleep works fine but if the computer is woken with a magic packet from any source it does not then go back to sleep after inactivity. Even the monitor stays on.

In gpedit I have tried disabling allow applications to prevent sleep under power options with no change.

Anybody got any ideas, this is driving me crackers!

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/305967-no-sleep-after-wake-lan.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi I've been running Windows Ultimate for the better part of a year now For about the last week or so now my computer is going in to what I assume is sleep mode at the most inopportune moments No amount of anything will wake the computer from its sleep - not the keyboard mouse ethernet activity which should keep it from I A can't wake sleep from. up falling asleep in the first place - only a hard reboot will bring my PC back to a state where I can use it Some of the things A sleep I can't wake up from. I've tried so that people don't answer A sleep I can't wake up from. with quot change your power plan settings quot or some such thing If it was that easy I wouldn't be here asking for help I'll restate that I've been using the same Win Ultimate install on the same PC for a year now and it's only in the last week this has been happening Anyways I have Verified all my power plan settings Disabled any screen saver This is an older desktop not a laptop so hibernate and hybrid sleep options are not even present Nevertheless I've followed this guide and this one for disabling both Used device manager to specify my keyboard mouse and ethernet card as quot wake up quot devices Also used the command line to manually set these as quot wake from any state quot only to have them all not work Tried changing group policy and eliminating sleep hibernate from the user group As I said it's only been doing this for a week or so now All my drivers are current All my system updates are current I haven't installed any new software I was literally watching a movie on a laptop the other night when everything froze and it took me a half hour to get back to the desktop and realize it had gone to sleep I've had to hard reboot it a dozen times since then because it keeps doing it Anybody have any ideas for me

A:A sleep I can't wake up from.

Did you try system restore? Actually sounds like a bad power supply. Good luck to you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/135117-sleep-i-cant-wake-up.html
Relevancy 56.33%

st system Windows from S3 Cannot wake Sleep x clean install intel e cpu intel g motherboard sapphire radeon video card on monitors nvidia video card on two more mornitors gb memory - no problems going to sleep or waking up using either S or S as sleep state in bios nd system Windows x clean install intel i cpu gigabyte p -md motherboard sapphire radeon video card on monitors Cannot wake from S3 Sleep nvidia video card on two more monitors gb memory Cannot wake from S3 Sleep - no problems going to sleep or waking up using S as sleep state in bios - no problem going to sleep using S however cannot wake up from S sleep Pressing the power button produces a normal reboot instead of a wake up System can sleep and wake up normally when using just the nvidia It is only when the video card is used in system that S sleep becomes an issue Doesn't matter if its by itself or paired with the I have tried every sleep tweak suggested here in terms of modifying bios settings and advanced power settings I've tried the radeon driver and for win There are many reports of S issues with MSI motherboards in general as well as with win ati drivers Open to any suggestions Thanks

A:Cannot wake from S3 Sleep

Quote: Originally Posted by johnhoh

1st system
Windows 7 x64 7600 clean install, intel e6550 cpu, intel 965g motherboard, sapphire radeon 4670 video card on 2 monitors, nvidia 6200 video card on two more mornitors, 1.5gb memory

- no problems going to sleep or waking up, using either S1 or S3 as sleep state in bios

2nd system
Windows 7 x64 7600 clean install, intel i5 750 cpu, gigabyte p55-md80 motherboard, sapphire radeon 4670 video card on 2 monitors, nvidia 6200 video card on two more monitors, 4gb memory

- no problems going to sleep or waking up, using S1 as sleep state in bios

- no problem going to sleep using S3, however cannot wake up from S3 sleep. Pressing the power button produces a normal reboot instead of a wake up.

System 2 can sleep and wake up normally when using just the nvidia 6200. It is only when the 4670 video card is used in system 2 that S3 sleep becomes an issue. Doesn't matter if its by itself or paired with the 6200.

I have tried every sleep tweak suggested here in terms of modifying bios settings and advanced power settings. I've tried the radeon driver 9.9, 9.5, and 9.3 for win7 64. There are many reports of S3 issues with MSI motherboards in general, as well as with win7 ati drivers. Open to any suggestions. Thanks

Hi,

Try Standby Tool, it solved all my S3 problems.
Here is the version for Win7.
In the post you'll see "mst09098.exe".

http://www.degroeneknop.nl/forum/ind....html#msg30546

Good luck

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/29532-cannot-wake-s3-sleep.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I try hitting the power button, nothing. I have to restart, it takes a long time to read the hd's in bios, then when it restarts there is no network connection, so I need to restart again.

no real pattern to this, sometimes I leave the machine on all night and no problems, other times just a couple hours and it happens.

I am also using a wireless mouse/kb if that makes a difference.
bp

A:win 8 goes to sleep (i think) and won't wake up

Originally Posted by badperson

I try hitting the power button, nothing. I have to restart, it takes a long time to read the hd's in bios, then when it restarts there is no network connection, so I need to restart again.

no real pattern to this, sometimes I leave the machine on all night and no problems, other times just a couple hours and it happens.

I am also using a wireless mouse/kb if that makes a difference.
bp

I think you switch to second screen try to plug-in the second monitor and switch only PC screen only

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/23972-win-8-goes-sleep-i-think-wont-wake-up.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi,

Hoping someone can help me with this.

I installed 7RC a couple of months ago. Since then whenever my pc sleeps I can not wake it up. It used to wake up fine in XP.

To get it going again I have to cold reboot or pull the plug. When it comes back up everything I was doing is still there, I just have to enter my password.

I think I have all the settings right but if someone could run me through everything that needs to be set I'd be really grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Rich

A:PC Won't wake from sleep

Mine is the same and takes about 2 and a half mins to wake up

I have my bios set to wake up on double mouse click, it does wake up eventually

Should be fixed in the official release!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/16878-pc-wont-wake-sleep.html
Relevancy 56.33%

My computer can go to sleep mode. But upon wake up, it will stuck there with no video signal. I can see the fans are moving, cd and hd seems working. I have the latest bios installed and have tried different settings. Any thoughts?
This is my spec:
MSI Neo2 P35 with intel e2180
evga 8600gts
4gb ram.

A:Help with sleep wake up

Do you also have the latest driver for your video card?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/1762-help-sleep-wake-up.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I'm running Snow Leopard on my iMac which is wirelessly connected to the house's router with Airport. The PC is connected directly to the router with the ethernet cable. It is a fairly new computer, running Windows 7. It is an Acer, 2.something GHz processor. Is there any software that I can use on my mac to wake up my PC remotely from my Mac? Thank you.

A:Can I Wake My PC From Sleep From My Mac?

Wake on Lan is just a magic packets to notify any WOL capable nic and computer to turn on or wake up. Just Google search for OS x wol.
http://www.readpixel.com/wakeonlan/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-wake-my-pc-from-sleep-from-my-mac.921854/
Relevancy 56.33%

My computer will go into sleep mode (sleep, hibernate, and all power off settings in the power setting are disabled) and it will not wake up. Preform a hard reboot and it beeps once every second without getting through post. Leave it alone for a few days and it's fine boots as normal. Last for a day or two then happens again. Any one got any ideas?

A:Sleep will not wake

Hi @Cbwesson, and thank you for your post.Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that your computer is not waking properly from sleep. I am happy to help with this. Please post the full product number and operating system in use on your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit? For now and assuming that you are using Windows 10, give this a try: HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8), and let me know how it goes. I look forward to seeing your response, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Sleep-will-not-wake/td-p/5580482
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi Guys/Gals

Never use sleep function but last night instead of selecting shutdown hit sleep by mistake. Couldn't get system to wake from sleep and had to turn off by holding power button.

Today when switching system back on i get fan & case lights on , hdd and dvd activity. The keyboard is unresponsive (no lights) and monitor remains in stand by. Mouse gets power but doesn't wake pc.

Using reset or power button on case just restarts system to exact condition above.

Can't contact pc manufacturer til monday (pc 4 months old). Read quite a few other posts regarding vista sleep issues but haven't found anything that would seem to rectify this problem.

Any comments/tips gratefully recieved

Karlos

A:Can't Wake PC From Sleep

Well I'm a beginner but I had a lesser important case than yours. I found you interupt a process of sleep if you try to wake it before about 5 seconds. Anyway, there are a couple of things you can try.

Unplug the power cord and plug it back in.

Pull out the wall socket thingy and put it back in.

Try doing something like booting into safe mode if you can.
The pc maybe still functioning but the monitor can't interact with it. Once you try to boot it, keep pressing F8 for about 10 seconds and then press enter. See if anything happens.

Could also be a shortcircut or something. Other people have had a similar problem.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/234525-cant-wake-pc-sleep.html
Relevancy 56.33%

hi-i am trying to enable wake my computer from sleep using the keyboard or mouse.i have checked all of the bios settings and neccessary power settings are all enabled.i ran the power-cfg cmd to check if my computer will allow itself to use these,and it stated that i could using s1 setting.however it still wont work.i checked on the internet,and one forum suggested it could be that i should check the option under usb root hub-"allow this device to wake computer from sleep".i cannot check any of these options as the box is grayed out.can anyone help?

A:wake from sleep

It may be that one or more devices in your system is/are not compatible with sleep mode, hence those options are greyed out.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wake-from-sleep-598419.html
Relevancy 56.33%

My Vista PC keeps going into sleep mode, or closes down. When I start it up again, it gets to a black screen saying continue restore, or re-start. Sometimes I get a blue screen with some sort of loading message on it, but on re-booting, it's ok. I 'googled' the sleep mode problem, and on one link it said it is commonly and registry error, and I needed to download a program to fix it. Can anyone help with the solution. Thanks.

Relevancy 56.33%

help please...
i just added 2 gig of ram to my lappy.(it was originally using 2 gig)
Since added i realised that windows is having trouble waking from sleep especially if i leave it to sleep for some time ( about an hour of sleep time) when i try to wake it it justs seems to lose power and dies or the fans just keep spinning but nothing happens.... nand i have run windows memory diagnostics... it doesnt seem to detect any problem with the ram..

A:Cant Wake From Sleep

Quote: Originally Posted by manusdn7

help please...
i just added 2 gig of ram to my lappy.(it was originally using 2 gig)
Since added i realised that windows is having trouble waking from sleep especially if i leave it to sleep for some time ( about an hour of sleep time) when i try to wake it it justs seems to lose power and dies or the fans just keep spinning but nothing happens.... nand i have run windows memory diagnostics... it doesnt seem to detect any problem with the ram..

Hi manusdn7 and welcome

The windows memory test does not stress your memory enough to tell, plus it is run from within windows.

You need to run memtestx86

Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember that memtest errors can be either memory or bad motherboard slots so you may have to test memory one stick at a time, and the slots with known good memory.

Let us know if you need further assistance
Jan

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/111920-cant-wake-sleep.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I am using a wake on lan app on my ipod so i can wake my computer from sleep. Im running into a problem though. When i go into configure my network adapter, and go to the power management tab, if "allow the computer to turn of this device to save power" is unchecked, the app works, but when the computer comes back on it cant connect to the internet, if it is checked, the app doesnt work, but when the computer turns back on the internet works. Any ideas on how to solve this problem, so the internet will work when it wakes and the app will work, thanks!

A:help with sleep / wake on lan

Actually i dont think the internet is working with either setting. After short periods, like 5 minutes or less, the internet still works, but after longer periods, when i wake it the network has limited connectivity or doesnt work entirely.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/help-with-sleep-wake-on-lan-583921.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Having struggled to get my computer to sleep -

When I do a wake up from 'Sleep' I get - Windows did not shut down correctly.
It then offers the 'Safe Options' list,

Anyone know why it does this?

A:Wake up from sleep

Does the power remain connected to the PC?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/174636-wake-up-sleep.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi, I was wondering if anybody has had this problem before?

My computer was put to sleep earlier on today, and I moved the mouse to turn it back on. The power light went from orange (sleep mode) to blue (powered on). Nothing was displayed on the machine. Bashed some buttons, nothing happened, so did a hard reboot.

The power button went red (which happens if I hard reboot it) then to blue but that's it. The fans and hard drive starts going, but no beeps, no POST, no display. Nothing.

Already, I've tried:

- Reseating my RAM sticks - nothing
- Unplugging the hard drive - bf actually broke a sata slot, although he says it was lose before. The pins are not straight now and I can't get the black slot back onto the mobo. Plugged hard drive into sata 2 slot, still get no reaction.

Anything else I can try?

A:Can't wake up from sleep.

Try clearing CMOS, see if that helps.

http://time4tech.com/article25.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-wake-up-from-sleep.944237/
Relevancy 55.47%

I hear the computer turn back on and the light is on, but the screen is still black. I have to do a hard shut down. When it's back on, it's like it woke up from sleep mode, not a fresh restart.

This was on Windows 10 and I thought it was my video card drivers. I reformatted back to Win7 today and install an older version of my video driver. The problem is still happening; wasn't like this before.

I tried to update my BIOS a while back and my computer wouldn't load into Windows. I reset the batter and it was fine. Would that have something to do with this?

A:Computer won't wake from sleep

Hiyya Chaoz mate it sounds very much like to me the swap back didn't go quite as you thought it might have done.

Now if you had 10 on the drive just how did you format the drive. Personally I would have used one of the methods / programs that clean the drive before I reinstalled 7. We would also like to know what 7 media you have if any because there is a lack of specs for your machine
See

SYSTEM SPECS

mate can we have some system specs please as what you have postedgives us not that much to work with and given there are so many manufacturersof components and configurations that do influence what goes on within anygiven machine and OS.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/180324-system-info-see-your-system-specs.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/378393-computer-wont-wake-sleep.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello I have done lots of eliminating SLEEP WAKE from won't MONITOR so hopefully someone out there has the real solution for this I have Vista Home Premium bit SP If I choose SLEEP mode it is my MONITOR that won't re-wake When in sleep I touch the mouse or keyboard and my CPU DOES re-wake because I can hear the fan kick back on and the light on it lites back up but a signal is not sent to wake the monitor I thought it might be the video cards I have cards so Dell replaced both under my warranty I have made sure the video card drivers have been updated in fact a newest published driver is only weeks old I then had Dell replace the monitor too but that was not it either So I have done lots of eliminating with hardware and drivers but nothing helps so I'm thinking it has something to do with VISTA not sending a signal from the mouse keyboard or even the CPU to tell the monitor to wake up Even if I press the power button on the monitor it will light up MONITOR won't WAKE from SLEEP for a few seconds and then give the message quot entering power save mode quot and go back to black It is like the monitor has been told 'you are in power save mode - stay MONITOR won't WAKE from SLEEP there' Lastly another site suggested that some mice keyboard software have an option to choose them to allow them to send a signal to wake monitor from sleep but there is no type of choice for that on mine that MONITOR won't WAKE from SLEEP I find

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/monitor-wont-wake-from-sleep-433980.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I've recently been experiencing BSODs after waking my computer up from sleep mode I had done a sleep wake-up BSOD on clean BSOD on sleep wake-up install of Windows and then upgraded to I did not initially have this issue but it started happening around the time I made the upgrade to although I couldn't say whether it was before or after The interesting part is that the BSOD is being caused by my mouse I know this for a fact since I had looked up my error and found a couple of forums indicating mice as possible culprits I tried unplugging my mouse completely before waking from sleep and it did not crash I navigated around with the keyboard for about minutes and then tried to plug the mouse back in As soon as I had the USB port plugged back a BSOD popped up I tried wiping the drivers and software for my mouse completely out of the device manager and starting over with new drivers but the problem persists I worked around the problem by disabling sleep but I'd like to keep it if possible Is this a problem with my mouse drivers or Windows sleep It seems to me it would more likely be my mouse given Razer only lists Windows drivers on their website What I don't understand is why it would work flawlessly for several months and only cause issues on wake-up My mouse is an old Razer Copperhead Their latest drivers were uploaded May Razer Support I attached my dump files

A:BSOD on sleep wake-up

Unfortunately, the older Razer drivers are known to cause BSOD's.
If the system continues to BSOD after all the suggestions that we'll make - then you'll have to get rid of the mouse. IME the chances are that you are going to have to get rid of the mouse. Please note that the Copperhead driver actually dates from 2009.

That being said, here we go..........

SSD's were temperamental when they first came out, but their reliability has improved greatly over the last year or two. There are 2 things that MUST be checked on systems with BSOD's and SSD's:

1) That the SSD firmware is the latest available for the SSD. I usually can't see this info in the reports, so I rely on you to check it.
2) That the storage controller drivers on the motherboard are the most recent. They must date from late 2012 or later. This is ALL controllers, not just the one that the SSD is attached to. If involved these should be visible in the memory dump - but it doesn't hurt to check manually.

If your SSD is connected to the Marvell controller - then the Marvell controller must be updated (as the 2011 version is known to cause BSOD's)

E: drive only has about 8% free space. Windows likes 15% free space in order to perform stuff "behind the scenes" without adversely affecting the system's performance. Please free up 15% on ALL hard drives (you can get away with 10% on larger drives and won't notice a large performance penalty)

This device has problems in Device Manager:

PCI Simple Communications Controller PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D3A&SUBSYS_49538086&REV_05\3&21436425&0&B0 The drivers for this device are not installed.

It's most likely the Intel Management Engine and you can update it from these links:

Please update the Intel Management Engine.
Try these links:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sea...agement+engine
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...?DwnldID=21888
If that doesn't work, then try the Lenovo links in this Google search: https://www.google.com/search?q=inte...ient=firefox-a

Most of the BSOD errors in the WER section of MSINFO32 point directly at the Copperhead drivers. The rest point at video drivers - so I'd suggest updating them to the latest Win8.1 compatible drivers that are available.

There are lot's of Live Kernel Event errors in the WER section of MSINFO32 also. These can be symptomatic of a hardware problem, so Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog))
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility: HWMonitor CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting

MSI Afterburner (along with Riva Tuner and EVGA Precision) are known to cause BSOD's in some Windows systems (it's driver is usually RTCore64.sys). Please un-install it immediately!

If you're overclocking, please stop the overclock while we're troubleshooting. Feel free to resume the overclock once the system has been stabilized.

If unable to find an update, please remove (un-install) the program responsible for that driver. DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable! :

copperhd.sys Tue Nov 10 02:50:17 2009 (4AF91B39)
Razer Diamondback
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=copperhd.sys

RTCore64.sys Tue Sep 6 08:24:50 2011 (4E661112)
RivaTuner/EVGA Precision/MSI Afterburner (known BSOD issues w/Win7)
htt... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/37009-bsod-sleep-wake-up.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello all,

I really hope someone can help me out. I am not savvy in this kind of stuff. My husband has a home built computer that runs our tv system with windows media center. He had to leave on a military deployment and right before he left he had to reinstall the OS. Since then the computer refuses to wake from sleep mode. I have to scram it to get it to come back up. Since we run the media center it ought to wake up to record automatically, but it isn't doing that either. I've checked all the power options but that doesn't seem to be the problem. Although, at this point, I really have no clue. Any help is greatly appreciated!

A:Won't wake from sleep mode

Try this, and let me know if it works: Windows Does Not Start After Sleep

~Lordbob

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/112805-wont-wake-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have windows 7 ultimate. anyways I have a problem waking my computer monitor up. things I done.

1. went to power saving mode and turned off everything keep everything on.
did not work
2. updated video card did not work.
3. went to device properties and checked network video card properties to see if there was a settings to keep computers awake no luck.

Plus a different issue my computer keyboard acts weird its like I hit different shortcut keys when i am typing messages. keyboard worked great for xp and ubuntu. just problems with windows 7 uninstalling and reinstalling keyboard drivers did not help.

A:wont wake up from sleep w7

Hi, this from another post covers your problem:-

Quote:

Hi, since this revolves around "hibernation" lets take a look there. Your hibernation settings are contained in a file "hiberfil.sys" and if it is corrupt could be the cause of your problem (none of this will do any harm). Lets clear the file:-

Open a CMD prompt (as administrator, accessories right click command prompt select "run as administrator)

At the prompt type:-
Code:
powercfg -h off press enter
reboot to take effect
This will disable hibernation and clear the hiberfil.sys file.

After reboot open another CMD prompt (as administrator, as above) and type:-
Code:
powercfg -h on press enter
reboot to take effect
Now go to this site and apply the recommended settings for power saving (inc hibernation) read it all.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/63...-problems.html

Hopefully this will resolve your problem.(don't worry about the vista applies to 7 as well)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wont-wake-up-from-sleep-w7-498248.html
Relevancy 55.47%

System goes into Sleep Mode, but when I try to wake, it freezes with Black Screen, so I have to restart system, and when I do, it gives me a "Resuming Windows" screen and takes me back to where the I was when Sleep Mode entered.

By process of elimination, I know the problem is being caused by some newly installed software, namely HTC Sync Manager, but I don't know where/how/why the conflict is occurring...and here's the rub-I really want to keep HTC Hot Sync.

I've tested the HTC software on two different PCs running Win 7, with same result, but HTC says I'm the only one reporting this problem, so...no help from that end.

I'm hoping that someone here can give me some suggestions of things to try that might at least localize the problem or ideally be a workaround.

Thanks

A:Can't Wake From Sleep Mode

start the pc in safe mode change power settings to get the pc out of sleep mode.

make the changes to HTC in msconfig and reboot..

click start/run msconfig click menu "startup" un-check HTC from loading at startup

http://dl4.htc.com/web_materials/Man...User_Guide.pdf

check the manual for settings you may change..

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/322249-cant-wake-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I am randomly facing a BSOD when my PC wakes from sleep. This usually happens when Windows goes to sleep automatically and then I try to wake it after a while. However when I put my PC into sleep manually I don't face the issue when it resumes again. I really appreciate if someone can help me resolve this issue.

I suspected it was a NVIDIA driver issue so I updated and downgraded but the issue still remains. I am currently on version 326.80.

A:BSOD After Wake from Sleep

Only 79 Windows Updates installed. Most systems have 100 or more. Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available updates (it may take several trips to get them all).

You have a 802.11n USB Wireless LAN Card:

I do not recommend using wireless USB network devices. Especially in Win7/Win8 systems.
These wireless USB devices have many issues with Win7(and I suspect with Win8) - using Vista drivers with them is almost sure to cause a BSOD.
Should you want to keep using these devices, be sure to have Win7/Win8 drivers - DO NOT use Vista drivers!!!
An installable wireless PCI/PCIe card that's plugged into your motherboard is much more robust, reliable, and powerful.

This could also be a problem with the video card(s). Please try the suggestions here: Video TDR Timeout - 0x116 + 0x117 - Sysnative Forums Don't forget the video stress tests here: Hardware Diagnostics

With only 1 memory dump it's difficult to figure if this is a hardware problem or not. Normally we need at least 5 memory dumps to venture a guess about a hardware problem. I suspect hardware here (due to the involvement of hal.dll in the dump) but cannot be certain at this point.

Please update these older drivers. Links are included to assist in looking up the source of the drivers. If unable to find an update, please remove (un-install) the program responsible for that driver. DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable! :

AsUpIO.sys Mon Aug 2 22:47:59 2010 (4C57835F)
ASUS hardware monitoring software related
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AsUpIO.sys

ASUSFILTER.sys Tue Sep 20 11:46:33 2011 (4E78B559)
ASUS USB Hub filter driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ASUSFILTER.sys

AiChargerPlus.sys Wed Apr 18 21:17:35 2012 (4F8F67AF)
Asus Charger Driver [br] Likely BSOD cause - haven't seen recently (15Jan2013)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AiChargerPlus.sys

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.

Code:
**************************Sat Sep 14 10:58:43.759 2013 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\091413-11156-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9200.16628.amd64fre.win8_gdr.130531-1504
System Uptime:0 days 2:27:54.407
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by :nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+3d8f11 )
BugCheck 133, {1, 1e00, 0, 0}
BugCheck Info: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000001, The system cumulatively spent an extended period of time at
DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. The offending component can usually be
identified with a stack trace.
Arg2: 0000000000001e00, The watchdog period.
Arg3: 0000000000000000
Arg4: 0000000000000000
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x133
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x133_ISR_nvlddmkm+3d8f11
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz"
MaxSpeed: 3500
CurrentSpeed: 3506
BIOS Version 1405
BIOS Release Date 08/19/2013
Manufacturer ASUS
Product Name All Series
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``

3rd Party Drivers:
The following is for information purposes only.
Any drivers in red should be updated or removed from your system. And should have been discussed in the body of my post.

Code:
**************************Sat Sep 14 10:58:43.759 2013 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
AsUpIO.sys Mon Aug 2 22:47:59 2010 (4C57835F)
ASUSFILTER.sys Tue Sep 20 11:46:33 2011 (4E78B559)
netr28ux.sys Thu Apr 12 11:50:17 2012 (4F86F9B9)
AiChargerPlus.sys Wed Apr 18 21:17:35 2012 (4F8F67AF)
usbcir.sys ... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/31309-bsod-after-wake-sleep.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a aceraspire runniing W7homepremium and ran into the following problem which does not seem to be a W7 problem since I cannot find an earlier recovery state that would work again:

If I set pc to go to sleep, when waking up display will not but pc will (to what state is not known). This will happen with internal video port as well as external video pci-card. The display will only wake up after repeatingly powering down and repowering pc. I've turned off pc-sleep mode and all works fine with display going to sleep and also if computer is shut down normally.

I've been told this is possibly a bios issue? Anyone have ideas?

(aspire m3202, x64, amd athlon 7450 dual core, 2400mhz, bios american megatrends r01-co 4.6.2009, smbios 2.5)

A:Display will not wake up from SLEEP?

Hi,
Does this problem also occur with the laptop battery removed as well? Only running on MAINS (AC adapter power).

BIGBEARJEDI

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/display-will-not-wake-up-from-sleep-908194.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Since about 2 days ago, my PC gives me a BSOD after I resume from sleep, and I can't figure out how to read the dump, so can someone please explain what is wrong?

A:BSOD after wake from sleep

Both the crash dumps are pointing to NVIDIA High Definition Audio.

As you have onboard Realtek, you should not use ndidia audio. Let Realtek play the lead role there.
Uninstall All nvidia items in Control Panel > Programs and features3D Vision Control Driver
3D Vision Driver
Graphics Driver
HD Audio Driver
GeForce Experience
PhysX
nvidia Update
(Are you using nvidia chipset drivers? If so, dont uninstall anything other than those are listed).
Now follow Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling
Download 314.22 WHQL. While installing, Select Custom (Advanced) install. In the next page, follow this settings:
For more details about a trouble free display driver installation, follow it: NVIDIA Drivers - Avoid Problems

Now wait and observe how the computer works. Let us know for any further BSOD.

Code:
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvhda64v.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvhda64v.sys
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8800598c696, fffff880035af388, fffff880035aebe0}

Probably caused by : nvhda64v.sys ( nvhda64v+25696 )

---------

6: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e)
This is a very common bugcheck. Usually the exception address pinpoints
the driver/function that caused the problem. Always note this address
as well as the link date of the driver/image that contains this address.
Some common problems are exception code 0x80000003. This means a hard
coded breakpoint or assertion was hit, but this system was booted
/NODEBUG. This is not supposed to happen as developers should never have
hardcoded breakpoints in retail code, but ...
If this happens, make sure a debugger gets connected, and the
system is booted /DEBUG. This will let us see why this breakpoint is
happening.
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffffffc0000005, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: fffff8800598c696, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: fffff880035af388, Exception Record Address
Arg4: fffff880035aebe0, Context Record Address

Debugging Details:
------------------
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

FAULTING_IP:
nvhda64v+25696
fffff880`0598c696 4c8b10 mov r10,qword ptr [rax]

EXCEPTION_RECORD: fffff880035af388 -- (.exr 0xfffff880035af388)
ExceptionAddress: fffff8800598c696 (nvhda64v+0x0000000000025696)
ExceptionCode: c0000005 (Access violation)
ExceptionFlags: 00000000
NumberParameters: 2
Parameter[0]: 0000000000000000
Parameter[1]: 0000000000000000
Attempt to read from address 0000000000000000

CONTEXT: fffff880035aebe0 -- (.cxr 0xfffff880035aebe0;r)
rax=0000000000000000 rbx=0000000000000001 rcx=fffffa800eda75a0
rdx=fffff88005979f48 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff8800598c696 rsp=fffff880035af5c0 rbp=fffff880035af630
r8=0000000000000000 r9=0000000000000001 r10=0000000000000000
r11=0000000000000000 r12=fffffa800f1b0790 r13=fffffa800f1b0ca8
r14=0000000000000005 r15=fffffa800f1b07a0... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/352876-bsod-after-wake-sleep.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Some background at the end of January I came out to San Francisco for a -week programming bootcamp The laptop I owned was falling apart and running excessively loud so I asked a Laptop not from wake will sleep friend if I could take his old computer with me since he just upgraded to a new one It is a Fujitsu LifeBook T Wacom enabled convertible tablet PC and I wiped it and installed Windows Enterprise It will not wake from sleep It has been like that ever since the install and I have tried a bunch of things to fix it But first here's what happens I close the lid press the power button or Laptop will not wake from sleep click the sleep button and the screen will fade and light on the power button will Laptop will not wake from sleep turn off Then seconds later it will turn back on the Laptop will not wake from sleep disc drive will start spinning but the screen stays black The little light for scroll lock blinks for no apparent reason too There is nothing that can bring it back other than holding the power button and starting fresh after Windows yells at me because the device wasn't shut down properly Here's some info about my computer When I run powercfg -devicequery wake armed I get a list of nothing Just a blank output I think something used to be there but I disabled them In device manager I have looked through all my network devices bluetooth USB hubs and unknown devices and none of them are allowed to wake the computer Powercfg lastwake returns quot Wake History Count - quot When I run powercfg -energy I get errors one saying that my Generic Bluetooth Adapter is not entering suspend and another saying my USB Root hub isn't entering suspend Could those be the problem Another note I tried hibernating and it did the exact same thing The only difference is that it saved my state when I turned it on after holding the power down If anybody has some insight on why this might be happening that would be awesome If you think some screenshots or anything would help diagnose this please let me know This is a really frustrating problem to have because it takes forever to get everything I need up and running from a fresh boot up

A:Laptop will not wake from sleep

Hi, Welcome to forums.

What kind of bluetooth device do you have? I will recommend to upgrade the drivers for bluetooth and USB. Go to device manager and uncheck the option under hardware "let it keep awake".

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/321516-laptop-will-not-wake-sleep.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi,

I close the lid of laptop and the he goes to sleep, and then I open it and the BSOD happens.

Pleas help.

Best Regards

A:BSOD when wake up from sleep

Make sure your dump logging is enabled.

Quote:
Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
Double-click System.
Click the Advanced tab, and then click Settings under Startup and Recovery.
Check Write an even to the system log, and Automatically restart.
In the Write debugging information list, click Small memory dump (256k).
Location of Dumps:
C:\Windows\minidump

Allot of important info is missing from your zip, please follow Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions to grab all and upload a new report here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/341240-bsod-when-wake-up-sleep.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Can you get another computer to wake up and sleep when you press the on button on your computer?
If so, how?

A:Can you get another computer to wake up and sleep when?

Do you mean to wake up another computer attached to yours?

~Lordbob

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/84010-can-you-get-another-computer-wake-up-sleep-when.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I was waking my computer up after it went into sleep mode. It ran for a few seconds, long enough to see that Adobe Flash Professional CS6 had stopped responding. Before I could click End Task, I got a blue screen. I have attached the zip created from the dm log collector as instructed. If I am missing anything else, let me know. I recently updated all the hardware in my computer and added a new SSD which is now the primary boot device. I kept the old hard drive unchanged as storage and still run everything from that.

A:BSOD on wake from sleep

Welcome to Seven Forums Batosai33.
Enable Driver Verifier to monitor the drivers.
Driver Verifier -Enable and Disable
Run Driver Verifier for 24 hours or the occurrence of the next crash, whichever is earlier.

Information

Why Driver Verifier:
It puts a stress on the drivers, ans so it makes the unstable drivers crash. Hopefully the driver that crashes is recorded in the memory dump.

How Can we know that DV is enabled:
It will make the system bit of slow, laggy.

Warning

Before enabling DV, make it sure that you have earlier System restore points made in your computer. You can check it easily by using CCleaner looking at Tools > System Restore.

If there is no points, make a System Restore Point Manually before enabling DV.

Tip
If you fail to get on the Desktop because of DV, Boot into Advanced Boot Options > Safe mode. Disable DV there. Now boot normally again, and try following the instruction of enabling DV again.
If you cannot boot in Safe mode too, do a System Restore to a point you made earlier.

Let us know the results, with the subsequent crash dumps, if any.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/330077-bsod-wake-sleep.html
Relevancy 55.47%

If I install the "F6" drivers via the Device Manager, Bluetooth won't wake up after the computer has been put to sleep. If I install the drivers via the .exe installation bundle, it seems that Qualcomm installs a background process named "Extension Core" (BtvStack.exe) which wakes up the Bluetooth adapter after the computer wakes up.

Problem is, the .exe installation package includes both wifi and Bluetooth drivers, and the wifi drivers have issues when installed via the .exe - as a result, I have to install those using the "F6" drivers. So I'm stuck in a situation where working wifi means broken Bluetooth and vice versa

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/58868-bluetooth-wont-wake-up-sleep.html
Relevancy 55.47%

OS= Vista
I use my laptop as a desktop actually. It stays plugged in at my desk, and I keep it turned on during the day and just turn it off at night when I go to bed.
Lately, occasionally, it just goes to sleep and won't wake up. Mostly I come back to a black screen and just hit one button and it wakes up quickly. But once in a while I get this thing where it won't respond and I have to hit the reset button to turn it off and back on.
What is the easiest solution, given that it's used mostly as a desktop? Turn off the power saving features? Or what?
Thank you.

A:HP laptop goes to sleep, won't wake up

it could be the indexing service running in the back ground. Change the power saving feature to High performance and disable the Windows indexing service

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-laptop-goes-to-sleep-wont-wake-up.959306/
Relevancy 55.47%

When I either close my lid or press the power button, my Vista laptop activates sleep mode. From which it WILL NOT wake up from sleep mode. I need to remove the battery and put in back in then restart the computer. I just had my laptop sent in and the motherboard was replaced because my network port was bent. It never happened before it went in but it does now.

Any ideas?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
Bryn

P.S. My laptop is a Compaq Presario CQ50

A:Computer will not wake up from sleep. HELP!

I wouldn't it in sleep mode any more. To change the button from sleep mode to power off do this

control panel (classic view)
power options
(left pane) choose what the power buttons do
change the power button so it will now turn off the computer and not put it to sleep.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-will-not-wake-up-from-sleep-help-375654.html
Relevancy 55.47%

New Builder New Machine I just built a new x computer and it will NEVER wake from sleep without getting sleep wake BSOD from on a BSOD Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode e BCP FFFFFFFFC BCP FFFFF AC FE BCP FFFFF F F BCP FFFFF F OS Version Service Pack Product Someone over at ASUS took a look at BSOD on wake from sleep a minidump file and said it was nvlddmkm sys from the Nvidia driver They recommended updating drivers I have since tried BSOD on wake from sleep both BSOD on wake from sleep the GTX drivers from the install disc as well as the newest drivers from Nvidia's website with no results I have also reinstalled Win with no results The machine has no problems booting up and is running fine I just can't SLEEP It's not the biggest problem in the world but after spending loads of cash I want this thing to work properly It's also driving my OCD thru the roof Any help would be appreciated and lower my blood pressure Minidump is attached Thanks

Try going to start > Type in the search bar "Advanced system settings" Then hit enter. Under Performance, click "Settings" > Advanced > Click "change" Under virtual memory.

Uncheck the "Automatically adjust..." Checbox up the top of the window.
Then select Custom size and set the initial size to something like 4596, and maximum 8000.

A number of work laptops Blue Screened upon wake up and I fixed most of them that way. If no luck, just set it back to automatic etc.

Worth a shot anyhow.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/260649-bsod-wake-sleep.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Looks like there are lots of these on this forum, but others are suggested to start their own thread, so here is mine.

I get a BSOD just about every time I try to wake my Win7 x64 HTPC up from sleep. I tried disabling hybrid sleep and various power-saving features in the BIOS (c1e, CnQ) to no avail. I see there's a sticky about large HDDs causing this type of issue, but I never get to see the actual BSOD screen STOP message because of the way my HDTV behaves. My system drive is a 1TB WD Green.

Can someone take a look at the minidumps?

The dump files seem to point to components of the Windows networking sub-system.
As such, the first thing to suspect is your networking drivers.
Please download the latest version of your networking drivers from the website of the manufacturer of the network device (NOT the PC Manufacturer, Windows Update, or the Update drivers feature of Device Manager).
Then uninstall the current version that's on your system - then install the freshly downloaded version.
Then monitor for further BSOD's

Here's a summary of the dump files:

Code:
Debug session time: Sun Jan 10 03:18:33.856 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:22:27.392
BugCheck D1, {28, 2, 0, fffff88001526391}
Probably caused by : NETIO.SYS ( NETIO!RtlCopyMdlToMdlIndirect+81 )
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Debug session time: Sun Jan 10 03:55:50.520 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:04:35.439
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff88003a2483e, fffff88002ab0c20, 0}
Probably caused by : HTTP.sys ( HTTP!UxGetObjectFromOpaqueIdEx+6e )
PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Debug session time: Sun Jan 10 04:34:29.500 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:08:17.419
BugCheck 1E, {0, 0, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiKernelCalloutExceptionHandler+e )
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/54189-bsod-wake-sleep.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I just upgraded the APU and motherboard of my HTPC and i had to format I used to be able to wake it using keyboards but now it isn't working anymore In the device manager the option quot allow this device to wake computer from sleep quot is enabled In power management USB selective suspend is turned off My motherboard is MSI a from keyboard or WOL sleep can't using wake m-e In BIOS advanced settings in the quot wake up event setup quot options there is an option called quot wake up event by quot It is currently set to quot OS quot The second option is quot BIOS quot which unlocks the following options quot wake up from S with USB device quot quot wake up from S S S by PS keyboard quot Wether i enable or disable these options the computer still won't wake from can't wake from sleep using keyboard or WOL sleep using any USB devices It is also impossible to can't wake from sleep using keyboard or WOL wake the computer sending a magic packet with the correct MAC address I used to be able to do that before the recent hardware change I use Windows installed on a SSD All drivers latest version

A:can't wake from sleep using keyboard or WOL

Also did you check the USB root hub in device manager right click it select power management Tab and uncheck this " Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power ". I found sometimes in Power management settings doesn't always work.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/55799-cant-wake-sleep-using-keyboard-wol.html
Relevancy 55.47%

System will restart out of sleep mode, but only when the charger is unplugged. Running an XPS 13 9350. Recently installed the following updates to Windows 10: 

Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1607 (for x64-based Systems) (KB3194343)
Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3176936
Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1607 (for x64-based Systems) (KB3194343)
Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3176936)
Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607

Thinking of rolling back the anniversary edition updates, but I wanted to check for support first.
EDIT: To the best of my knowledge, hardware/software is completely updated:
BIOS: 1.4.4, 6/14/2016
Graphics: 10.19.15.4483
Chipset updated via Dell Update, etc, etc

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994859
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi I have a from twice 8 must wake from after sleep upgrade 7 win win rather weird problem since installing win When the computer goes to sleep my normal practice is to hit the esc key to wake it Worked fine on win Now when the computer goes to sleep I hit esc and the computer wakes up but only for about a second or two and then it goes back to sleep I must must wake from sleep twice after win 8 upgrade from win 7 wait until it goes to sleep completely about - seconds and after I hit esc again it wakes up ok I have a gateway laptop running intel core i - M Acer - Recovery Management Version Acer Incoperated - Identity Card Version Acer Incorporated - Power Management Version Acer Incorporated - Updater Version Acer Incorporated - Welcome Center Version Communications Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Status Cable unplugged Dhcp Server none responded Physical Address B F F B A Intel R Centrino R Advanced-N primary Auto IP Address Gateway Dhcp Server Physical Address A B A F D Connection Speed Mbps Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter Status Not connected to a network Dhcp Server none responded Physical Address A B A F D Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Status Not connected to a network Dhcp Server none responded Physical Address A B A F D Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Any help would be greatly appreciated Allanah

A:must wake from sleep twice after win 8 upgrade from win 7

Try pressing other keys; clicking; fooling with trackpad. On my laptop, I sometimes have touch the power button briefly. This procedure doesn't make much sense though. If fast startup is enabled, then you might try disabling it: Fast Startup - Turn On or Off in Windows 8.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/23408-must-wake-sleep-twice-after-win-8-upgrade-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Trying to help a friend with her Lenovo desktop When the computer goes to sleep the display go black and the power button on the CPU flashes When we touch the keyboard the CPU begins to whir up as if it's trying to start but the display continues to be blank AND the power button continues to sleep System wake won't from flash The only way that I've found to get the system to come System won't wake from sleep alive again is to pull the power System won't wake from sleep cord and plug it back in I updated Windows to the most recent update It's a rather new set up so if the answer is to simply re-install Windows I would be ok with that I've read on some forums that is a possible fix but I guess I'd rather TRY to solve it without that level of intervention Here's the details on the machine that I think you'd want to know Let me know what else you need to know and what else I should try THANKS Windows Home x Version build LENOVO BJ BUS Lenovo H - gigahertz AMD E - APU with Radeon R Graphics Board LENOVO SDK J WIN AMD Radeon TM R Graphics Display adapter Gateway FPD Monitor quot vis s n L A N October

A:System won't wake from sleep

Change the Power Button setting as a first try. Start>Settings>Power and Sleep>Additional Power Settings>Choose What the Power Button Does>I'd start with "Shut Down"

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/system-wont-wake-from-sleep-1085433.html
Relevancy 55.47%

hi ive had my pc years now and up untill xmas all was sweet as a nut but then it started to refuse to wake from sleep around of the time i use sleep mainly so i can start it from my iphone and play itunes without having to go upstairs and wait for it to boot and as i say up untill xmas all was well ive done virus checks spybot and malwarebytes but nothing solves it i did take the case panel off and noticed the graphic card didnt seem to be working fan was stationary and red lights were on normal boot from cold is fine if a little slow any help would be greatly appreciated thanks ps this booting from sleep is getting worse all the time and i would guess its around failure right now if this helps if i put it to sleep and try and awaken straight away its failure and if i leave it for hours its the same try and boot after a few hours has a better chance of booting

A:pc refuses to wake after sleep

Hi hondavee4,

Please run the SFC file checker (the sfc /scannow command) 3 times and post the last log file here once you have completed it for me. Follow the directions here:
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Stephen

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/216728-pc-refuses-wake-after-sleep.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Lenovo ThinkPad giving me a few different BSODs. It primarily occurs when I wake the laptop from sleep/hibernate. It has, upon occasion, happened at random while sitting in the Windows kernel desktop as well.

I have 17 DMP files but am still working on getting things uploaded.

Would greatly appreciate from someone more knowledgeable than I.

BSOD image from hibernate.

A:BSOD At Sleep Wake (And Others)

Hello gizmo, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Please read the instructions here: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions if able, and post back with the needed information. One of our BSOD experts should be by afterwards to further help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/314689-bsod-sleep-wake-others.html
Relevancy 55.47%

My pc can wake up from sleep if it is shut down, but if it's on sleep or hibernated, i can not wake him up.
I've already turned on everything in Bios and Windows.
There no option like WakeOnLAN from Sleep, just WakeOnLan from PowerOff in network adapter's Advanced tab properties.

I've also updated network car driver. Maybe I should try with other network card?

A:Wake on lan from sleep not working

Instead of typing it out all myself this is essentially what I would have said, and it has more details.
Windows 7 Issues: Wake-on-Lan (WOL) for Windows 7 Made Easy!
Waking when power is off, is strictly up to the bios, windows isn't even coming into play on that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/191223-wake-lan-sleep-not-working.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I know this is a pretty typical issue with Vista users, but how do I fix it with a laptop?

When I try to wake it up (by pressing the power button), it will try to wake for about 10 seconds, then turn off, then turn on back again. This process goes on in a loop until it gives up.

Relevancy 55.47%

I recently updated my video card as well as installed a number of Windows updates. Since that time, my monitor has difficulty coming back from a low-power state. The computer is running, but monitor stays blank with light orange light. I often have to shut down completely and eventually the monitor will come on. I "solved" this problem running a screensaver and continuously running my computer. Unfortunately, by the time I figured it was the updates those restore points are gone from my computer, even if I click "see more restore points".

Is there more restore points to be found on the computer? Can anyone direct me to a place I can find old Nvidia drivers?

Thanks.

A:Monitor does not wake from sleep

Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

Look at the bottom for beta and older drivers

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/290746-monitor-does-not-wake-sleep.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello everyone, I recently did a clean install of Windows 7 on my latop. It is a Pavilion G7 1320dx Laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I thought everything was working fine, but lately I've noticed that every time I close the laptop, and it goes to sleep, upon reopening the notebook, the screen either remains entirely black and I have to hold the power button to hard reset, or it boots to the "windows did not shutdown properly" screen and forces me to restart anyways, I've tried a few options already and I'm at wits end. I've updated the BIOS, tried a hard reset for 30 seconds with the battery removed, checked multiple drivers etc. If anyone can even possibly provide some insight on this issue I would greatly appreciate it!

A:G7 Notebook Won't Wake from Sleep Ever

Install the original graphics software driver from the support portal for your notebook.  http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55081.exe Support portal for your notebookhttp://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-g7-Notebook-PC-series/5186814/model/5273...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/G7-Notebook-Won-t-Wake-from-Sleep-Ever/td-p/5756768
Relevancy 55.47%

ive been having this for a while now. Whenever i put my laptop to sleep i can't get it back up and running, and have to shut it down and boot it up again. I usually simply never put it to sleep for this reason but really want to solve it and know what the problem is. Thanks in advance for any help.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium , Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2080 @ 1.73GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 12
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2037 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 112971 MB, Free - 6061 MB;
Motherboard: TOSHIBA, IAKAA, 1.00, 0123456789AB
Antivirus: Kaspersky Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

A:can't wake up from sleep mode

Im pretty sure if you press the windows key it should wake it back up for you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-wake-up-from-sleep-mode.954321/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a Samsung Q330 notebook about 2 years old.

Usually, the power management sleep mode shuts down the system, including the power switch indicator, which must be depressed to wake the machine back up and resume Windows. So long as the power indicator remains lit, it takes only a touch of the pad to start up again.

Lately, however, the system goes to sleep (as do I), but the power indicator stays lit. When I return, the system is completely unresponsive. I have to hold the power switch, shut down abnormally, then reboot the system from scratch.

Wonder if there are any thoughts as to what may be causing this sudden irritant to develop and/or suggestions to try and resolve the issue.

A:System goes to sleep but does not wake up.

Did you install any new software or make any system changes just before the problem started?
Do you have a Restore Point and/or System Backup Image from before the problem started that you can restore?

You could try updating your video driver.

If a Memory Dump is created at the time of the Sleep/Wake Up problem, you could ask for help in the Crashes and Debugging forum.

You could try running a Trace to see if it helps determine the cause of the issue.
Gathering a Startup, Shutdown, Sleep, Hibernate, or Reboot Trace

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/232652-system-goes-sleep-but-does-not-wake-up.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey, I have a three year old secondary PC that I just recently started using again after about a year in storage. I did a clean reinstall of Windows 7 x64 a few days ago. Now that I have everything set up for use I'm getting BSODs every time I wake the PC from sleep. I need some help tracking down the culprit.

I reseated my RAM, PCI cards, SATA cables and everything. I still get BSODs when I wake the PC from S3 sleep about 75% of the time. Sometimes I get to the desktop and it works for a couple seconds before freezing and BSODing, sometimes it BSODs as soon as it wakes up. I've tried disconnecting my USB devices one at a time to see if one of them is the problem but I still get a BSOD no matter what.

Dump folder attached. I hope someone here can help me with this. Thanks.

Is the firmware for the SSD up to date?

Code:
Model Corsair CSSD-F120GB2 ATA Device
If not, check for an update and let us know if updating the firmware brings stability.

Also go through this thread for reference:http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...exe-7f1c0.html
Perform a System File Check:Click on the start
Type CMD on Search
Left click and Run as Administrator
Type SFC /scannow
Full tutorial here:SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Disk Check on your hard drive for file system errors and bad sectors on it:Disk Check
BUGCHECK SUMMARY:

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck F4, {3, fffffa8008ecf9f0, fffffa8008ecfcd0, fffff80002dd3460}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : csrss.exe

---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION (f4)
A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been
terminated.
Several processes and threads are necessary for the operation of the
system; when they are terminated (for any reason), the system can no
longer function.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, Process
Arg2: fffffa8008ecf9f0, Terminating object
Arg3: fffffa8008ecfcd0, Process image file name
Arg4: fffff80002dd3460, Explanatory message (ascii)

Debugging Details:
------------------

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----

PROCESS_OBJECT: fffffa8008ecf9f0

IMAGE_NAME: csrss.exe

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

MODULE_NAME: csrss

FAULTING_MODULE: 0000000000000000

PROCESS_NAME: csrss.exe

EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xF4_c0000005

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`083270e8 fffff800`02e5b822 : 00000000`000000f4 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`08ecf9f0 fffffa80`08ecfcd0 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`083270f0 fffff800`02e07e0b : ffffffff`ffffffff fffffa80`087b2b50 fffffa80`08ecf9f0 fffffa80`08ecf9f0 : nt!PspCatchCriticalBreak+0x92
fffff880`08327130 fffff800`02d86f04 : ffffffff`ffffffff 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`08ecf9f0 00000000`00000008 : nt! ?? ::NNGAKEGL::`string'+0x176e6
fffff880`08327180 fffff800`02ad3253 : fffffa80`08ecf9f0 fffff800`c0000005 fffffa80`087b2b50 00000000`016509d0 : nt!NtTerminateProcess+0xf4
fffff880`08327200 fffff800`02acf810 : fffff800`02b1eb7f fffff880`08327b78 fffff880`083278d0 fffff880`08327c20 : nt!KiSystemServiceCopyEnd+0x13
fffff880`08327398 fffff800`02b1eb7f : fffff880`08327b78 fffff880`083278d0 fffff880`08327c20 00000000`773f5a44 : nt!KiServiceLinkage
fffff880`083273a0 fffff800`02ad3642 : fffff880`08327b78 00000000`01690000 fffff880`08327c20 00000000`77401670 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x488a4
fffff880`08327a40 fffff800`02ad21ba : 00000000`00000001 00000000`01650f88 fffffa80`08ecf901 00000000`01690000 : nt!KiExceptionDispatch+0xc2
fffff880`08327c20 00000000`77428e3d : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiPageFault+0x23a
00000000`01650f90 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/271799-bsod-wake-sleep.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello everyone, I recently did a clean install of Windows 7 on my latop. It is a Pavilion G7 1320dx Laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I thought everything was working fine, but lately I've noticed that every time I close the laptop, and it goes to sleep, upon reopening the notebook, the screen either remains entirely black and I have to hold the power button to hard reset, or it boots to the "windows did not shutdown properly" screen and forces me to restart anyways, I've tried a few options already and I'm at wits end. I've updated the BIOS, tried a hard reset for 30 seconds with the battery removed, checked multiple drivers etc. If anyone can even possibly provide some insight on this issue I would greatly appreciate it!

Solved!
View Solution.

A:G7 Notebook Won't Wake from Sleep Ever

Hi: The only suggestion I can offer would be to see if installing the AM Chipset drivers resolves that problem. You want the 1st file listed on the webpage.  Install and restart the PC. http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy4&os=Windows%207%20-%2064

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/G7-Notebook-Won-t-Wake-from-Sleep-Ever/td-p/5756775
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi there long time reader first post I really hope someone can help me with this I do have extensive knowledge of both computer hw and Windows OS but this problem is driving me crazy New build Mobo Asus H M-K CPU I GB RAM Kingstone Video GeForce GB wake sleep, won't Monitor from everything tried ram Sata drives Optical Monitor won't wake from sleep, tried everything device all brand new everything works flawlessly but the only thing is if I put the computer in sleep mode for more than few minutes when I wake the machine either pressing a key on the keyboard or pushing the power button tried no difference no signal on the monitor Fans will spin but monitor will be black and the only way to exit this stall is to force power off Monitor won't wake from sleep, tried everything no good Things I tried did checked Chipset updated Bios flashed to the last available Intel Management Engine Driver updated Graphic card LAN audio drivers updated any other possible driver updated all manually Power plan custom set to never sleep never turn off screen no screensaver no device can turn off to save power in short everything is set for maximum performance nothing turns off automatically Mouse can't wake the computer up keyboard can All the power saving modes and options in the EUFI BIOS are turned off speed step turned off core parking disabled turbo boost disabled no overclock Only C state supported is S at the bottom of this post the list of devices supporting S vs all devices nothing strange graphic card was my doubt but is there it does support the S state just fine In the BIOS the primary default video is set to PCI also putting it to AUTO didn't chance things I noticed something I don't have an option for hybernate but that's because the only supported C state saw this with the powercfg in the cmd is the S so I suppose is normal not to have hybernate option even it I did enabled it So yeah I don't know what else to try it is very annoying as I have to put the computer in sleep mode and wake it up very often during the day and turning it on and off it's just not so healthy for it I really hope someone can help me with this thank you for reading so far here's the list of the devices vs devices supporting S altho' as I said nothing seems out of place powercfg devicequery all devices Intel R th Gen Core processor DRAM Controller - C Intel R Series C Series USB EHCI - C D High precision event timer WAN Miniport PPTP UMBus Enumerator Direct memory access controller Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Generic volume HID Keyboard Device WAN Miniport SSTP ST DM - ER ATA Device PCI bus HID-compliant device UMBus Enumerator Intel R Xeon R processor E - v th Gen Core processor PCI Express x Con troller - C Terminal Server Keyboard Driver Intel R USB eXtensible Host Controller UNKNOWN Generic volume Terminal Server Mouse Driver System CMOS real time clock USB Mass Storage Device USB Root Hub USB Input Device Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator SanDisk Cruzer Edge USB Device Generic volume Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz System board DAEMON Tools Virtual Bus Intel R Series C Series SATA AHCI Controller - C ST AS ATA Device ACPI Fixed Feature Button USB Root Hub Intel R Management Engine Interface High Definition Audio Device HID-compliant consumer control device Motherboard resources UMBus Root Bus Enumerator HID Keyboard Device Motherboard resources Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Microsoft Virtual Drive Enumerator Driver HID-compliant device Motherboard resources Generic volume USB Mass Storage Device Volume Manager Intel R Series C Series PCI Express Root Port - C Intel R H LPC Controller - C C USB Composite Device Motherboard resources USB Composite Device Realtek High Definition Audio Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Numeric data processor HID-compliant device USB Mass Storage Device ACPI Fan Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Intel R Series C Series PCI Express Root Port - C Generic volume ATA Channel WD EADS External USB Device ACPI Fan ACPI Fan Intel R USB Root Hub ... Read more

Relevancy 55.47%

I have an Abit AN8 with a dual core AMD 64 4200 and no matter how I set the on board NIC it keeps booting the PC. I have to physically disconnect the ethernet cable for it to stay off. It's the latest BIOS. wake on lan is disabled there and in the network controller advanced settings. It's an Nforce NIC and I have the latest Nforce drivers installed. It's hooked to a Linksys WRT54GS running the latest sveasoft router software. Has anyone seen this happen with socket 939 boards or nforce4 chipsets? Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/abit-an-8-cant-put-wake-on-lan-to-sleep.432903/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi,Please, can you help me  with a good advice? My PC is an Acer Aspire M3900, my screen LG-L194WT, the keyboard Microsoft USB dual receiver -Wireles.I restored my Win7 to factory condition, then updated with all available updates from Windows. Everything works gradually fine.But when the computer should return from sleep, it starts not the screen. The screen remains simply black, though it seems as if the computer is running. Every time I have to turn off the PC and start from trhe beginning. .What am I missing?Stan6

A:My screen does not wake up from sleep

I just discovered that if I touch a button after  "sleep", PC starts. If I press Ctrl-Alt-Delete, the screen wakes up.Hallo- can anybody help ?????

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/My-screen-does-not-wake-up-from-sleep/td-p/441529
Relevancy 55.47%

I know there has to be a simple fix to this but I'm banging my head against the wall right now trying to figure this out. Everytime my PC goes to sleep I'll press a button on my keyboard or move my mouse and it will wake up just fine, but the monitor won't wake up. I've also noticed that the backlight on my keyboard doesn't show up. I've tried different monitors and removed the VGA cable from the graphics card after waking up and plugged it back in and no video. I have to reboot the computer to get video again and everything works great.. until it goes into sleep mode again. I have updated my graphics card driver (Geforce GT 210) and still no fix. I haven't made any changes that would cause this. Someone has to know something about this. Thanks in advance for any help!

A:My PC won't wake my monitor after sleep

hi and welcome to the forums

here some links that may help you Sleep and hibernation: frequently asked questions >>> Sleep and hibernation: frequently asked questions

How to Change the Power Plan Settings in Windows 7 >>> http://goo.gl/RrR1

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/211051-my-pc-wont-wake-my-monitor-after-sleep.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a backup program that has its own scheduler. It does not wake the computer to perform the backup until I wake te computer in the morening. It is scheduled at 1:00 AM. Thats the why.
Now for the question:
Are there any commands I can schedule to wake the computer and stay awake and then another command that I can schedule to put the computer back to sleep?

A:Wake & Sleep on scheduler

Quote: Originally Posted by blockie

I have a backup program that has its own scheduler. It does not wake the computer to perform the backup until I wake te computer in the morening. It is scheduled at 1:00 AM. Thats the why.
Now for the question:
Are there any commands I can schedule to wake the computer and stay awake and then another command that I can schedule to put the computer back to sleep?

I do not know if it could helps you, but in your Control Panel=>Power Plan settings=>Modify Parameters=> Advanced Tab....you can authorize kind of clock (Timer) to wake the computer.

It will go back to sleep normaly once task finished.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/90548-wake-sleep-scheduler.html
Relevancy 55.47%

hello i was creating a slide show to put on a dvd and when i was done i went to switch off my computer accidently hitting the sleep button and i hit the restart button and went to work came back but it was still acting like it was asleep my computer say no signal check power cable and such so i've unplugged everything and i have even tried the default analog monitor with no success i switched of my system from the back for about 30 seconds then powered it again and then it turns on switched itself off then turn't itself back on what is happening?

Edit: the mouse and keyboard have no power when i switch the computer on but i have lights in my machine which are working and so is the cd drive. I was wondering if this could be a power supply issue or maybe a motherboard issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sleep-and-it-wont-wake-up.969009/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi guys, This is the situation I put my PC on sleep mode because I was going to the bathroom but before I left the PC just before sleeping I clicked the minimize button of a folder the PC goes into sleep mode the power button was orange but when I check the fan it is still spinning but I think its just starting to sleep then I went to bathroom. After getting out I saw my computer turned on and I questioned my self how? The folder that I minimized is seen. No one was around. Can anyone answer this.
Specs:
Windows 7 Home Basic 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601)
Pentium? Dual Core CPU E6700 @ 3.20 GHz
2048 MB RAM Samsung 2rx8 PC3 10600u
(GPU) Intel? G41 Express Chipset

A:Automatic Wake up of PC During Sleep

Was there anything running in the background that might cause it to come out of sleep?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/257951-automatic-wake-up-pc-during-sleep.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Last few day windows been waking up by itself randomly, here's the screen shot of the problem, nothing's been touch when woke up from sleep either(mouse, keyboard)

A:Windows 7 wake up from sleep alone

Looks like Media Center update requested the wake.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/196170-windows-7-wake-up-sleep-alone.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello members,

I was wondering how to wake my laptop from sleep using my Bluetooth Logitech K810 keyboard.
Currently, through Device Manager, I do have "Allow this device to wake computer" checked through Power Management for both the keyboard itself and HID Keyboard Device.

What's odd is that I also have my Logitech MX Performance connected via 2.4Ghz and I have the "Allow this device to wake computer" unchecked, but only my mouse wakes my laptop from sleep.

So overall, I disabled my mouse from waking up my laptop and I have enabled my keyboard to wake my laptop from sleep. But the opposite occurs.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

A:How do I Wake PC from Sleep using Keyboard

You wouldn't be able to have the Bluetooth keyboard wake the system because Windows needs to be running in order for the keyboard to work. Windows is what makes the connection using Bluetooth. So, if it is in Sleep, it wouldn't be able to wake it. The mouse has its own connection to the mouse without the need of software so it is like it is physically connected and therefor it would be able to wake it.

I hope this makes sense

-Ben

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/302128-how-do-i-wake-pc-sleep-using-keyboard.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi, my HP Laptop (which has Windows 8) won't wake back up after going to sleep, and I have to turn it off and back on again. What can fix this?

Relevancy 55.47%

Initially I posted this in the sound section After I sleep Wake problems from wake up my pc from sleep mode windows audio seems to be gone but only certain things On browsers there's no audio any video on YouTube do not have audio and stop playing after seconds The only sound that does work however is on iTunes for some reason I can open the playback devices fine but its does not work when I quot test quot it as soon as I hit the recording devices tab it freezes up and does not respond The only way to get the sound back is to restart my computer all together Are there any solutions to this problem Also using a soundcard I was told that sound may not be the only issue to this and it may be related to hardware and the computer failing Wake from sleep problems to wake completely I would also like to add that after waking my CPU is also working more Wake from sleep problems than it should normally around - with my mozilla firefox open but after waking from sleep and nothing running in the back its working at around - for some reason Not sure if this is related to the sleep sound problem but just adding it in here if it helps

A:Wake from sleep problems

I can't tell by the way you worded your issue if its related more to one app or not but sounds like it could be a Flash issue. If it isn't related more to one particular app I would suggest:
1. See if there is an update to your BIOS because I have seen original shipped BIOS with MB's causing such issues. O have seen many issues with resuming from sleep effecting cpu, cpu fan speeds, ect.
2. I thought there was a number two but can't think of it at the moment.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/330248-wake-sleep-problems.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Win8 will not awake out of sleep. It reboots my machine every time. I've uploaded the SF_Diagnostic_Tool zip file.

Thank you in advance for your help!

A:Win8 won't wake up after sleep

Someone moved this thread. I get a BSOD on every attempt to awake my machine out of sleep. That's why I put it in the BSOD forum.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/12232-win8-wont-wake-up-after-sleep.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello, I am using an X240 with the following specs: Processor:  i5-4300 CPU @ 1.90 GHz 2.50 GHzRAM: 8.0 GBSystem: 64 bit, Windows 7No external monitors When my computer lid is closed and it automatically sleeps it is not possible to wake it again when I open the lid. I will move the mouse (both the external and the built in), touch the keys, and even push the power button and it will not wake up. The power button light remains solid. The only way I have figured out how to wake it up is if I plug in a VGA cable that is connected to an external monitor or projector.Does anyone know how to fix this?  

A:X240 will not wake from sleep

First step is to look in the event log to se if a device is throwing a message about a problem entering the sleep state.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X240-will-not-wake-from-sleep/td-p/3475479
Relevancy 55.47%

Ok so I'm at a loss here, I recently purchased a new mobo, ram, and processor for christmas and after building the system I installed Windows 8. Well, it was plagued with BSOD's everytime I woke it from sleep so I figured it was the problem, so I went back to Windows 7. Unfortunately, the problems have continued. I seem to get a different error message everytime and I've tried chkdsk, OS reinstallation, driver cleaning/reinstallation. I've checked hard drive cables as well as multiple settings throughout the OS so I'm hoping you geniuses can work some magic here.

Attached is the dump file following this thread's instructions as well as a text file containing my system specs as provided by Speccy.

A:BSOD wake from sleep

uninstall avast antivirus and use this instead

Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 7A, {fffff6fc5002a3f8, ffffffffc000000e, 1e869b880, fffff8a00547fbc0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswSnx.SYS
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswSnx.SYS
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswSP.SYS
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswSP.SYS
Probably caused by : aswSnx.SYS ( aswSnx+39fe7 )

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/272273-bsod-wake-sleep.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello, i want to wake up my Lenovo B50-10 from sleep with a USB mouse or keyboard. With win 10 this will NOT work. In Systemsteuerung there is not allowed to set the "Gerät kann den Computer aus dem Ruhezustand aktivieren".?Computer wakes up when i touch the powerbutton or any key on the internal keyboard, but never, wenn ich touch a key on USB keyboard. Funny: When i run UBUNTU, there ist no problem to wake up the computer via USB keyboard or mouse. How can i fix it, to wake up with win 10 too? 

A:Lenovo B50-10: Win 10 can not wake from sleep with...

Hello and welcome,

I'm sure you've already tried this, so forgive me for asking.  Does that option become available if you remove the tick from the "...Energie zu sparen" check box?

regards,
Z.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-B50-10-Win-10-can-not-wake-from-sleep-with-USB-device/td-p/3352945
Relevancy 55.47%

My sleep up to My going wake computer won't and keeps computer Desk Top Lenovo has started going into what I think is sleep mode if I walk away for a few hours It used to wake up when I touched any key Now it sounds like H D starts up but then shuts down after a few seconds and then I need to shut off computer and restart it I downloaded PC tools Spyware Doctor a few days ago and My computer keeps going to sleep and won't wake up it scanned the H D and other than some low level junk it reported no viruses found It did work OK for days after me downloading the PC tools software and running it but I have been trying so many things that I am not sure what actually help it for those couple days I also ran the disk cleanup from Windows accessories and I had a My computer keeps going to sleep and won't wake up lot of junk and it took care of that I am not sure where to go from here other than take in to one of the local computer stores to figure it out I thought I would give this a shot before doing that Oh I checked the device list to see if there were any conflicts and there were none showing My email is removed TIA Sam in S E MichiganEDIT Please no email addresses

A:My computer keeps going to sleep and won't wake up

Try reinstalling your video driver.How to update a Windows hardware driver

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/247894/my-computer-keeps-going-to-sleep-and-wont-wake-up/
Relevancy 55.47%

Mobo Intel DP55WB. Computer cant enter into standby. In event Viewer I found System:
e1kexpress - Intel 8257DC Gigabit Network Connection - Network is disconnected
and 3 seconds later
Intel 8257DC Gigabit Network Connection - Network link has been established at 1Gbps full duplex
following in 2 seconds
The PCP/IP NetBIOS Helper service enetered the running state
following in 2 seconds
Power troubleshooter -> The system has resumed from sleep ... sleep time approximately 10 seconds :-)
The mobo's BIOS doesn't have Wake on Lan on/off option.

How to troubleshoot, any ideas?
Does Windows has any overriding power settings?
Thanks!

A:System can't go to sleep likely because of wake on LAN

Quote: Originally Posted by robilong

Mobo Intel DP55WB. Computer cant enter into standby. In event Viewer I found System:
e1kexpress - Intel 8257DC Gigabit Network Connection - Network is disconnected
and 3 seconds later
Intel 8257DC Gigabit Network Connection - Network link has been established at 1Gbps full duplex
following in 2 seconds
The PCP/IP NetBIOS Helper service enetered the running state
following in 2 seconds
Power troubleshooter -> The system has resumed from sleep ... sleep time approximately 10 seconds :-)
The mobo's BIOS doesn't have Wake on Lan on/off option.

How to troubleshoot, any ideas?
Does Windows has any overriding power settings?
Thanks!

It does. right click the network connection icon in system. open network and sharing. GO to advanced adapter settings, and chose the behavior you want the connection to exhibit

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/145692-system-cant-go-sleep-likely-because-wake-lan.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I am using hp AY008TX when it on sleep, the  windows does not wake up, blur lines appear and backlight is on but it does not wake up.please guide me to sort this issue as i have reinstalled operating system still the problem is same.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Windows-does-not-wake-up-after-sleep/td-p/5822975
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi,

Know this is a common fault but hoping for a solution. Have an ASUS M2V motherboard with AMD 4200+ processor. Graphics card is ATI x1650 (PCI-E). 2GB Memory. Goes to sleep okay but when I wake it up, I get what looks like the graphics card bios up. Had a NVidia card before and did the same thing. Have tried everything, from updating drivers, to fiddling around in the bios etc.

Any ideas??

Mark

A:desktop goes to sleep but won't wake up

Hello markus, welcome to Vista forums!

Have you had a look at this ...

Power Options and Sleep Mode Problems

Keep us informed.

Later Ted

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/170537-desktop-goes-sleep-but-wont-wake-up.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi all I installed Windows a couple of weeks ago was pretty annoying having to convert my hard drive to basic disk and back up all of my stuff but I really enjoy the operating system I do have one problem which I can't get my head around Whenever I wake the computer from sleep after anywhere from - seconds the fan roars up to its maximum speed and creates a lot of noise This happens even if I stay at the lock screen and don't log in The only way to fix the problem is to restart the computer The fan roars during shutdown but once the computer starts up again the fan runs at a normal and fairly quiet speed I've never had this problem in Windows or Ubuntu so I don't know why it's happening in Windows The fan crazy goes it sleep! from My I whenever wake amount of software I have installed in is almost identical to so maybe this has something to do with the OS itself I did a google search and My fan goes crazy whenever I wake it from sleep! found another person experiencing this problem with Windows they just installed software called SpeedFan and it fixed their problem I tried installing SpeedFan but I still have the problem The system doesn't slow down or behave any differently just the fan is a lot louder I've got an HP Envy -tx Intel i GHz gb ram bit system Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Cheers

A:My fan goes crazy whenever I wake it from sleep!

Welcome to EightForums, Liam7mail.

I don't have a solution, for I'm not that savvy. Is there not a relationship between BIOS and OS so far as CPU temp? We can conclude it must be 8 if it works in 7. I don't think that a 3rd party program is a good way to go about fixing things in an OS IMO.

I have a similar problem in 7. When I wake it from sleep, the CPU fan roars for about five seconds and that's all. No biggie, but it stumps me as to why.

Hang in there for I'm sure someone will answer to this.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/9976-my-fan-goes-crazy-whenever-i-wake-sleep.html
Relevancy 55.47%

My box is windows 8.1 enterprize x64, and I got a problem that don't wake up from sleep.

I attached three screenshots of event viewer. And for other informations you need, please explain and specify easily so that I can make it, and please understood I am not an expert.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/51841-windows-8-1-dont-wake-up-sleep.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Got my T s just two days ago and have the won't from wake T450s sleep? following issues with sleep mode nbsp nbsp Fn F does not activate sleep mode Manually selecting sleep mode from Start -- gt Power results in one of following EITHER unable to wake from sleep mode Pressing keyboard keys incl Fn using pointer etc none of these will work Must execute hard shut down and re-start using power key in order to use the laptop nbsp I know it is in sleep mode because the Thinkpad i blinks slowly and screen is darkOR computer screen is black but Thinkpad i is T450s won't wake from sleep? fully lit implying it isn't in sleep mode however the computer doesn't react to any typing or Fn to bring it out of sleep mode nbsp Anyone else having these or similar issues Please advise of any solutions Have latest Windows update and BIOS Have fingerprint reader functionality but am not using it nbsp nbsp This is my first Lenovo laptop bought it for work and many of my coworkers were interested to hear what I think about the product Don't think I could recommend it to them in all honesty at this point nbsp

A:T450s won't wake from sleep?

Can you try updating the Power Management driver?http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/migr-4gxpeg

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T450s-won-t-wake-from-sleep/td-p/2225658