Windows Support Forum

New parts causing crashes

Q: New parts causing crashes

Hi there I m new here hope you can help me out with my problem So over the last couple of weeks I upgraded my I ve had this for about three or four crashes causing parts New years now CPU FX- Mobo Gigabyte GA- A-DS RAM GB MHz x GB GPU RADEON HD GHz Edition PSU W Novatech To CPU FX- Mobo Gigabyte GA- A-DS RAM GB MHz GPU R X MSI GAMING PSU W Novatech New And added in two SSDs New parts causing crashes I also upgraded to Windows Since I upgraded I ve been getting these weird black-screen crashes whereby the lights turn off on the keyboard and there s no response at all from the machine but the fans are still on at full speed I have to then turn the PSU off or unplug it Then I have to wait a few seconds before giving power back to the PSU in order to turn it all back on The first time the crashes happened was when I was playing COD AW and loading a map like Detroit or Recovery After I turned off Preload Shaders Which allows you to load up more information during the loading screen so that you have a smoother experience after it that crashing seems to have stopped So I just thought that was a bug with COD until I started looking at overclocking my CPU I ran Prime just to look at the temps and after a couple of minutes I got the exact same black screen crashes I think it might be the PSU because it s old and technically a value brand but I don t want to fork out on a decent PSU only to find it was my Mobo or CPU all along So yeah any advice would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: New parts causing crashes

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: New parts causing crashes

Put your old RAM back in, see if the problem goes away. (Alternatively, run memtest86+ overnight)

Based on what you said, it will be much quicker to swap the RAM back and run Prime95.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-parts-causing-crashes.207343/
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a Power Book Pro MAC hooked up to a router through Cat not wireless although the router is a G router I also have a foot cat running to my Playstation after parts crashes all replacing Network Both my ADSL modem and router are Linksys brand the router is a WRT GS V and the Modem is a ADSLME The operating system on the lap top is OSX My problem is that the network keeps crashing I ve replaced the router times so I Network crashes after replacing all parts m sure its not the router and have had the router manufacturer go through the setup with me The did nothing I hadn t already tried I replace my cables I checked my phone line wiring I have even checked with my ISP and everything is working correctly according to them I am NOT using the wireless Connection so its not that I ve even purchased a battery backup surge protector in order to make sure it wasn t dirty power Could it be the modem It is not consistent Network crashes after replacing all parts and I have noticed no pattern to why it keeps happening nbsp

A:Network crashes after replacing all parts

I don't know MAC but maybe can help you with isolating the problem.

Even though you "know" that it is not the wireless, I suggest to disable it in the router since you are not using it.

Are there LEDs on the modem and router that indicate whether the modem is losing connection to your ISP or your router is losing connection to the modem or whether it is just your computer losing connection to the router?

Have you tried with the Playstation's cable disconnected from the router?

Have you yet tried the computer connected directly to the modem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-crashes-after-replacing-all-parts.620136/
Relevancy 49.88%

I bought a new main-board to my computer, and installed a newly XP, but since then my computer crashes once a day or 2 for no visible reason.

After windows reboots i get a window message error report that leads to a page in IE saying "problem was caused by driver" or something like this.

I installed the latest mainboard driver, i also tried to remove some other device drivers one by one, and the crashes still occur.

My question is, is there any way to examine what's the problem, even if i can't "schedule" the problem and i have no idea when it will come? some times it's OK even for a week, if i don't reboot my machine.

Any suggestions on how would u handle such a problem, is much appreciated!

A:XP crashes - How can i tell what's causing it?

You can try going to Start > run and type "eventvwr.msc" without the quotes. This will open the Event Viewer which logs many system events. Look in the SYSTEM section for any Warning or Error messages, maybe this will help.

BMR777

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-crashes-how-can-i-tell-whats-causing-it-193646.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi guys. Had Win7 for a couple of months now and loving it. 64 bit version of Home Premium with SP1 and the 64 bit version of Flash running as an add on. Most sites are fine, but I recently used Auto Trader UK - Used cars for sale and TechRadar UK | Technology News And Reviews and both caused crashes when trying to load what I assume is Flash content in the web page. The error message is as follows:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: iexplore.exe
Application Version: 9.0.8112.16421
Application Timestamp: 4d762323
Fault Module Name: Flash64_10_3_162.ocx
Fault Module Version: 10.3.162.28
Fault Module Timestamp: 4cd9fabd
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00000000001d9203
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 2733
Additional Information 2: 273391645e2c0093f0e59783b038a1bc
Additional Information 3: 1d8c
Additional Information 4: 1d8cd9dccaed5384fbf25ffc658c9f03

Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. Dave.

A:64 bit Flash causing crashes in IE9

Hello.,

Please go to the links below to update the following:

Flash
Shockwave

Then Go Here to find what version of Java you are running, and please post back the results.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/64-bit-flash-causing-crashes-in-ie9-587923.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Since installing the new Microsoft Security Essentials beta, I have been getting "program ceased working" crashes. So far, desktop gadgets, Firefox, and WMP have experienced this.

I suspect this is caused by the new security system, but that's only a guess so far. My system also takes 20 - 30 seconds to find the internet on start-up, as compared to 2 - 3 second before installing the beta.

Anybody else seeing these problems since installing the beta A/V?

A:Micro. Sec. Ess. Causing Crashes?

Now that you mention it, two of my gadgets would not launch (Well they launched but never appeared on screen) last night after installing it a day or two ago.

BUT that has happened to me before, BUT I have not seen it happen in the last few weeks. If it continues to do so, MSE will be the 10th AV program I've installed unnecessariy found not one single thing wrong and eventually uninstalled when it starts causing problems I never had before. They are frequently as bad as having a virus anyway

(Before I get asked again, no routine AV use in 15 years and not one virus ever, safe computing is easy, Just Do It)

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/14453-micro-sec-ess-causing-crashes.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I had used sandboxie for almost 7 months with my old laptop with no problems whatsoever. Great little program. I just bought a new laptop (still running Windows XP) that was working fine until I installed sandboxie. Now it crashes a number of times a day. I tried uninstalling (then no crashes) and then reinstalling sandboxie and the same thing happens. I also tried doing all the windows updates, driver updates etc. and nothing helps. I really love the sandoxie program (it's fast, efficient and takes up very little disk space) and would hate to have to remove it permanently. Any suggestions?

A:sandboxie causing crashes

There are a number of virtualization programs available that are as good as SBIE, but if you really want that one, try an earlier version. It sounds like a driver conflict of some sort. The alternative is to look for updates for your other drivers, especially sound and graphics. A newer driver there may remove the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sandboxie-causing-crashes.645973/
Relevancy 49.45%

Well for the most part the game has worked pretty well but today the game has been a crashahaulik my pc specs are vista 32-bit home premium 2gb ram dual core cpu 6ghz nvidia geforce 8600 gts my pc model is a gateway gm5483e the following is the info from problem reports and solutions

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: Crysis.exe
Application Version: 1.1.1.5767
Application Timestamp: 471f94e3
Fault Module Name: MSVCR80.dll
Fault Module Version: 8.0.50727.762
Fault Module Timestamp: 45712238
Exception Offset: 00045f41
Exception Code: c000000d
Exception Data: 00000000
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 5bb3
Additional Information 2: 8b38d7b274711593979865f048fadc49
Additional Information 3: f8cf
Additional Information 4: 766e4194f16899e416abb76048ac4ede

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 113540950

A:Crysis causing crashes

I had similar probs, but mostly with framerates dying to nothing, with some quits. Dont know which driver you are using for th e8800, but I was told to change to the 169.09. Found a more recent one in Beta, 169.12, and it seemed to fix the game a treat. If, on the other hand, you already have the driver, I guess we can look again

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/crysis-causing-crashes.658138/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have been receiving BSOD s for a few months The only happen when I am playing the Windows XP Pro version of Spider Solitaire The guilty party checks out always to be IMAGE NAME portcls sys I have tried Microsofts patches and verified every single driver to be up to date - as well as having everything else squeaky clean as far as spyware and antiviruses are concerned What information do I need to provide i e minidump analysis etc included below for someone to advise me how to proceed I am hoping it might be as simple as downloading a portcls sys file and crashes causing portcls.sys replacing the one currently installed Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version X Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading portcls.sys causing crashes Dump File C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp Mini Kernel Dump portcls.sys causing crashes File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is http msdl Microsoft Com download symbols Executable search path is Windows XP Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x compatible Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by xpsp sp gdr - Kernel base x d PsLoadedModuleList x c Debug session time Wed Jan GMT- System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Unable to load image sthda sys Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for sthda sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for sthda sys ERROR FindPlugIns b Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck D portcls.sys causing crashes c ee ea Probably caused by portcls sys portcls CPortWaveCyclic Notify b Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v ERROR FindPlugIns b Bugcheck Analysis DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL d An attempt was made to access a pageable or completely invalid address at an interrupt request level IRQL that is too high This is usually caused by drivers using improper addresses If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace Arguments Arg c memory referenced Arg IRQL Arg value read operation write operation Arg ee ea address which referenced memory Debugging Details ------------------ READ ADDRESS c CURRENT IRQL FAULTING IP portcls CPortWaveCyclic Notify b ee ea ff c call dword ptr ecx Ch CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID DRIVER FAULT BUGCHECK STR xD PROCESS NAME Idle LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from ee edb to ee ea STACK TEXT bc ee edb f b df ef ee d portcls CPortWaveCyclic Notify xb WARNING Stack unwind information not available Following frames may be wrong fc b a ffdff c ffdff sthda xeedb bf b a da nt KiTimerExpiration xb ae ffdffc ae nt KiRetireDpcList x fa e nt KiIdleThread e nt KiIdleLoop x STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP portcls CPortWaveCyclic Notify b ee ea ff c call dword ptr ecx Ch SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME portcls CPortWaveCyclic Notify b FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME portcls IMAGE NAME portcls sys DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP b fe FAILURE BUCKET ID xD portcls CPortWaveCyclic Notify b BUCKET ID xD portcls CPortWaveCyclic Notify b Followup MachineOwner nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/portcls-sys-causing-crashes.675529/
Relevancy 49.45%

I ve been testing this theory Crashes Causing Powersupply for the past few days i ve tried between a watt different watt one old one new watt watt and now using a watt new Powersupply Causing Crashes now i know they all have different specefication in more cases than less the total output watts isn t really whats important but instead the amout of Amps supplied through the V rail aka the V on the volt connector pin the four pin connector with yellow and black wires check my system spec when i run it up on the watts which i think carries a A output in the V rail my GTA IV will run but it lags badly and crashes out stating the application had to close for an unexpected error same with DIRT on the other hand the watts with a A output run flawlessly the which if i recall correctly has a A output runs but Powersupply Causing Crashes lags and crashes yet the watt with a A output run great i had to take back two different power supplies Powersupply Causing Crashes b i found the watt switch with the A output it works fine point of the matter i ve seen a faulty inappropriate power supply do many many things from blue screen errors to freezes and shutdown if you have a problem that u just can t put your finger on take Mr power supply into consideration even if it was working fine for years like my watt nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/powersupply-causing-crashes.899979/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello all I recently tried upgrading my system with a new causing Temperature crashes? graphics card and some extra RAM to play a few games which my old system wasn t able to Initially there didn t seem to be a problem but recently the games seem to freeze for no obvious reason I have downloaded Temperature causing crashes? the latest drivers BIOS updates and run PC Pitstop Optimize to improve performance but none of this has worked I wondered whether the temperature of my machine was impacting the games running so downloaded SpeedFan to see how warm my computer is As I m a bit of a novice I m not really sure what exactly they temperatures should be so any advice would be welcome SpeedFan tells me that whilst writing this with no other programs running and FIFA Manager having crashed about minutes ago my temperatures are HD C Core C Ambient C Could someone please explain what these readings actually mean and whether they are OK Thanks ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name Temperature causing crashes? LOWDEN Operating System Windows XP Home Edition Build Service Pack xpsp sp qfe - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Dell Inc System Model Dell DM BIOS Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version A Processor Intel R Pentium R D CPU GHz Temperature causing crashes? CPUs Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

Taskeng.exe continually pops up after my computer has been up for roughly 15 minutes. It used to start as my computer did, run for a second then vanish. Now it stays on persistently, slowing down all programs until I close it. This wasn't an issue a few days ago, but now when I close it my computer restarts every single time.

A:Taskeng.exe causing crashes

Here's a screenshot of what it's displaying

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/taskeng-exe-causing-crashes-1000010.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Every time I use ICQ for chatting, this results in a system crash. I have tried with and without OUtlook open but that makes no difference.
I use Windows 98 on a Toshiba Satellite 4000CDT, MS Intellipoint mouse.
Also tried re-installing ICQ, same thing happened.
Does anybody know how to alleviate this?

A:ICQ causing crashes in chat mode

m8 of mine had the same problem and was told that there was (and get this) a conflict between her mouse and ICQ!!!!!!! Now I'm a tad sceptic at this but you never know! Needless to say she no longer uses ICQ.
I suppose you could try another mouse just in case, or you could contact ICQ support with your problem.
I know this isn't much help but at least you now know you're not the only one with the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/icq-causing-crashes-in-chat-mode.48102/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello, I'm running Windows 7 64bit on an asus essentio CG 1330 and I recent bought the World of Warcraft: Cataclysm gaming mouse from Steelseries. At first I was able to plug it in and use it, but when I tried to install the software it would complete and I would get a message that the "firmware number on your mouse is 125, would you like to upgrade to 131?" If I clicked no, the update would not go through.

If I clicked yes, it would freeze my computer, than blue screen and crash. I tried re-downloading the software and it did the same thing. Now I can't even plug the mouse in without getting a bluescreen and my computer crashing. I realize that this is most likely the device and not Windows fault, but if anyone could explain to me why this is happening I would be very grateful.

A:Cataclysm MMO mouse causing crashes

I'm not so go with this, but have you tried other ports?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/140625-cataclysm-mmo-mouse-causing-crashes.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have an athlon 1900+XP machine with 512 megs of RAM. We get frequent crashes and the error message is that the problem is caused by a device driver, but nothing more specific. I have checked every single device under device manager and can't find one that isn't the most current. Can anyone tell me how to figure out what device driver is causing the problem or how to solve this? Thanks.

Relevancy 48.59%

I have a Gateway ML6732 with Vista. At seemingly random times, it will drop my wireless internet connection and not reconnect. After a short while, about 15 minutes, it improperly shuts itself down. Sometimes, upon reboot, it gives me an error message claiming that its due to the wireless hardware in my computer. It suggested installing updated drivers. I did so, but such it didn't solve the problem. Any ideas on what to do?

A:Wireless internet causing crashes

Knowing very little about your network environment,it's a bit hard to diagnose the problem,but,we generally recommend three things to start with.

Wireless interference: Change the wireless channel.1/6/11 in US
Download and install the latest firmware for your router.
Router reset.Hold the reset button in for at least 15 seconds.

Has this always been a problem?
Have you cabled directly to the modem to see if the problem persists?Any modem change requires a power on reset of the modem(power off for at least 30 seconds)
Exact text of error msg would also be helpful.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-internet-causing-crashes.842226/
Relevancy 48.59%

Any help someone could provide on an issue with Vista HP would be very appreciated.

Keep getting APPCRASHES from all sorts of applications, ranging from Skype, to IE 7 and Microsoft Money. After watching these crashes for months, and using Process Explorer, it seems the common thread of the crashes is that OLE32.DLL is pointed to each time. At the suggestion of an earlier post, ran sfc /scannow, but it didn't find a problem with any system files.

Further research at this forum and here (http://support.microsoft.com/gp/pc_i...leshooting1000) discusses trying the REGSRV32 OLE32.DLL command.

Tempted to try this, but before typing in unfamiliar commands, wondering if anyone knows:
1. Is there a risk of running this command?
2. Is there a chance this might actually solve the issue?

Thanks!

A:OLE32.DLL keeps causing Vista HP SP1 crashes

OK. Taking a deep breath, I opened an elevated command prompt and entered regsvr32 ole32.dll. Vista reported back that the command was successful. Rebooted - and everything seemingly started up fine.

Now, guess we'll see if the ole32.dll errors stop... Keeping my fingers crossed.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/208624-ole32-dll-keeps-causing-vista-hp-sp1-crashes.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have been battling with this malware for about a day and a half now I have run MANY scans and removed and blocked many unwanted files and programs with moderate sucess Symptoms Unable to run MOST exe files firefox ccleaner msome malware scanners some games ect WILL work Various errors occur when attempting to run exe. Vicious causing Malware crashes exe files steam minecraft My screensaver program crashes when computer is idle Some programs run by running as admin some don't I have tried Vicious Malware causing exe. crashes Rkillermalware byes removed threats Superantispywarespybot S amp DCombofixRegistry fixes for exe files both manual and automatic Most Vicious Malware causing exe. crashes of the scans found Vicious Malware causing exe. crashes SOMEthing but and allowed temporary relief from the symtoms but after a fresh restart the issues returned The virus itself I belive stemmed from a fake driver updater for my video card From here If I remember correctly hxxxttp driverscollection com H Radeon HD amp By ATI after having issues from the official ATI driver nbsp attach txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads

Relevancy 48.59%

Okay I recently appcompat.txt crashes Explorer causing developed this problem that upon researching appears to be quite common lately I first noticed it when using windows explorer appcompat.txt causing Explorer crashes in XP Pro- Explorer would crash which appcompat.txt causing Explorer crashes brings down everything else appcompat.txt causing Explorer crashes running at the time too The info quoted in the quot tell Microsoft why its software sucks quot popup-window is this appcompat txt file that is supposedly in i think the WER tmp dir directory Neither of which I can find although they might be hidden It occurs immediately EVERY time i went into the folder that I store videos causing explorer to close Now it s happening with Adobe Premiere not immediately but after starting it but some time later It has only just started in the past couple of days and I did not recently install anything new neither hardware nor software and everything worked perfectly before including Kazaa Actually the only thing that s new is that I installed the latest windows update I cant find any help from Microsoft s website and from reading various comments on the web people are attributing it to everything including video cards drivers especially ATI s Catalyst Radeon motherboard P P programs such as Kazaa and spyware Viruses etc Others have suggested turning off error reporting and other Windows processes Further attempts at solving have included such drastic measures as low-level formatting and reinstallation of XP neither of which were successful I can t seem to find a definitive solution so i m wondering if anyone has contacted Microsoft and received an answer or knows the answer to put this annoyance to rest Thank you kindly in advance Dave J nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/appcompat-txt-causing-explorer-crashes.161075/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi all I am having a problems just because I did a system restore only from two days prior now my Vista Home Premium is acting weird in the area of errors. There has been nothing wrong with my laptop until I did a system restore to recover software I had lost. So this should not have happened because the date I went back to on the computer was totally fine. Cannot write notepad or do Hijack this because it keeps saying I have eternal errors. So something is wrong here. I did all updates still nothing.

Is there any help you can provide?

A:Errors causing multiple crashes

Lets get the immediate problem solved. Go back to the date before the restore, then post and we talk.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/295139-errors-causing-multiple-crashes.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Here's my PC's specs Intel Pentium Dual-core e ghz stable OC at ghz x A-DATA Value Series GB ram rated mhz stable OC at mhz total GB Asus P N-D Motherboard FSB stable OC'd to mhz EVGA GeForce gt MB factory overclocked Thermaltake TR W RUC W PSU Now since a few months ago every once in a while playing tf after a few hours of playing the system would just freeze The sound card's buffer would loop over Various types what's Windows of it? causing 7: crashes, and over and the colors of the Windows 7: Various types of crashes, what's causing it? image it froze on would get partially corrupted In those cases I would just restart the PC and it would run fine for a few hours until it possibly occurred again Just before writing this post it froze in roughly the same way watching a p movie in Windows 7: Various types of crashes, what's causing it? WMP The mouse and num lock were completely unresponsive and Windows 7: Various types of crashes, what's causing it? a corner of the screen had the same corruption Lately I would wake up to see my pc has shut down overnight It would only do so if uTorrent was running If I restarted within a few seconds the PC would shut down again whether at the BIOS screen or booting Windows I decided to open the case and get out as much dust as I could And now the computer freezes instead of shutting down when I run uTorrent overnight Unresponsive mouse num lock but no graphics corruption Just to make things more puzzling in the last few weeks it would very rarely crash just browsing the internet I decided to run some tests to see if I could spot anything being broken I ran a ton of prime tests and they finished flawlessly I also ran Windows's own memory test which it passed What's wrong with my PC

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-various-types-of-crashes-whats-causing-it-443961.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I've had this problem since I got a recent BSOD following my burning a new cd using Roxio Creator Classic, which always runs fine.

Every time I want to play a avi file on my computer it causes the player to crash, and I have tried several players including windows media player and winamp. Mpegs are fine. Also I have noticed when winamp searches for new media files it also crashes when it comes across a avi file.

I use Windows XP.

Any suggestions?

Relevancy 48.59%

I had a hard drive failure and started a fresh XP install on a new one.
That didn't go well for some reason and a few devices still won't load with their drivers. But I think that is unrelated.

My main issue is that when i am using bridge or photoshop(cs3) I can usually edit one photo but then during the opening of the second the whole system will lock up. The same thing happens if i am viewing or playing a flash game, pretty consistantly during the first 30 minutes my system will either lock up or go to the blue screen of death with an IRQ problem. Any ideas? What details should I supply here to help?

A:Adobe products causing crashes?

You should supply the Stop error code, it looks like 0x000000D1 or similar. There will also be 4 codes after it in brackets.

Actually, it'd probably be better to write everything that the Blue screen says. It should name the driver responsible for the IRQ error.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/adobe-products-causing-crashes-275791.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Ive crashes atihdlh3.sys causing BSOD: had this happen many times now and its really bugging me ive tried reinstalling ati drivers doing virus scans and checking if my hard drive or video card was dying and none of its the problem ive analyzed most of the BSOD dumps BSOD: atihdlh3.sys causing crashes and they all BSOD: atihdlh3.sys causing crashes say this On Sat PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump Mini - dmp This was probably caused by the following module atihdlh sys AtihdLH x F Bugcheck code x E xFFFFFFFFC xFFFFFFFF E F xFFFFFFFF A A x Error KERNEL MODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED M file path C Windows system drivers atihdlh sys product AMD HD Audio Driver company Advanced Micro Devices description AMD High Definition Audio Function Driver Bug check description This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver atihdlh sys AMD High Definition Audio Function Driver Advanced Micro Devices Google query atihdlh sys Advanced Micro Devices KERNEL MODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED M This is the same report everytime If someone could help me solve this id really appreciate system specs Windows Vista Basic amd athlon ghz corsair ddr ram gb ati radeon sapphire gb rosewill w

A:BSOD: atihdlh3.sys causing crashes

Have you tried earlier or later versions of the driver?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/bsod-atihdlh3-sys-causing-crashes-587857.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Quick question:

Could 32 bit sound be causing my Ultimate 64 rig to crash during games? I was poking around in MSCONFIG and I saw that my SOUNDMAX integrated sound was 32 bit. Thinking that one of my buddies installed it wrong I downloaded the driver from Asus, only to find that my MSCONFIG still says 32 bit. Apparently there have been a few people online that have had similar problems. (It seems as though there is no 64 bit SOUNDMAX for Vista, but there is one for XP. Would I be better off installing the 64bit sound for XP, or would that just make things worse?) Am I just barking up the wrong tree, or could a 32 bit program as important to gaming as sound be causing my freezes? (Company of Heroes keeps freezing on a Grey SOD and loops sound, usually heavy machine guns oddly enough).

Thanks,

SJ

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/202818-sound-causing-crashes-64bit.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Iv tried searching on the internet but all the solutions I have so far read seem irrelevant Basically I believe im having driver issues with my Radeon HD card Whenever I attempt to play a game i mean any full screen game within the first minutes of playing my screen goes black and my monitor displays quot No signal input please check cables and try again quot On this point I can hear the sound of crashes Graphics card causing the game continuing through the speakers but the computer has completely froze cant ctrl-alt-delete and cant even put keyboard onto caps num lock and I have to power off and on I think this is also linked to when I play a playlist of videos in Windows Media Player occasionally not always on the same videos my computer will Graphics card causing crashes completely seize up and I have to power off and on Also occasionally while im just browsing the internet my screen will lock for a few seconds and I get the quot Display driver has stopped responding and has been recovered quot message However im Graphics card causing crashes not sure how related this is to the crashes as when my computer completely freezes there is not an error message left in the event log I am on a fresh install of Windows although also had issues under Windows Vista before but not to this extent I have installed the latest drivers for my model although at first there was an issue with my computer remembering the correct resolution to use and i have tried the ATI hotfix which is said to correct the quot display driver has stopped responding quot problem I would really like to be able to use my computer for more then just the internet so help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance nbsp

A:Graphics card causing crashes

The fan on your graphics card might be broken.
Open up the side of your computer then turn on your computer and see if the fan under or beside your graphics card is spinning. I had a similar problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-causing-crashes.963087/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello all I d like to go ahead and say thanks for taking the time to try and help me out I ve recently purchased a gig of RAM Kingston PC DDR MHz and upon installing it my computer locks up and restarts randomly Specs- HP Pavilion w FIC AM Motherboard ATI Radeon HD Pro AGP video card GB upgrade crashes Memory causing DDR RAM before upgrade unsure of speed Memory upgrade causing crashes can look up if needed Athlon T XP GHz I ve mixed and matched RAM slots with the RAM sticks and it seems the slots are fine and both sticks are fine but for some reason when they are both in together my computer consistently locks up and gives me a quot cannot access memory at x location quot error message on the rare occasion that it doesn t automatically restart Anyone have any ideas Edit- just got a memory error message while playing a game that caused the game to crash This is while only the new stick of memory is in Could it be a faulty stick nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

I am still having this problem. The computer shuts down and reboots, with the error message that it was caused by an unknown device driver. I have checked and rechecked and don't know what to do.

Also, my kid can't get a lot of games to run right. The computer just either exits the game or reboots. I can't figure it out. Does anyone want an expensive paper weight?

Relevancy 48.59%

On random occasions weather Im using my computer or not it has trojan Unknown causing crashes had a few errors and some of the windows graphical elements get transparent The errors are usually missing DLL files or memory cannot be written errors but I've Unknown trojan causing crashes had one or two other ones as well More recently I can't even properly shut down or restart my computer because it will either freeze or do nothing when prompted A virus scan reveals a lot of trojans but they re-appear not too long after avg gets rid of them DDS Ver - - - NTFS x Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run Unknown trojan causing crashes by cindy at on - - Option MBR scan is disabled Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Spyware Doctor Unknown trojan causing crashes with AntiVirus Disabled Updated D C B -C DC- F- EF - AF A EFF AV AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Running Processes C Program Files Tablet Pen WTabletServiceCon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACService exe C Program Files Belkin Router Setup and Monitor BelkinService exe C Program Files Belkin Belkin USB Print and Storage Center BkBackupScheduler exe C Program Files Belkin Belkin USB Print and Storage Center Bkapcs exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C Program Files Common Files AVG Secure Search vToolbarUpdater ToolbarUpdater exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files AVG Secure Search vToolbarUpdater loggingserver exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Program Files Tablet Pen Pen TabletUser exe C Program Files Tablet Pen Pen Tablet exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Tablet Pen Pen TouchUser exe C Program Files Belkin Router Setup and Monitor BelkinRouterMonitor exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxcgmon exe C Program Files Lexmark Series ezprint exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C LGMobileUpgrade LGMOBILEAX BYR Client VZWUAAgent exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Belkin Belkin USB Print and Storage Center connect exe C Program Files Bamboo Dock BambooCore exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files Belkin Router Setup and Monitor BelkinSetup exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files AVG SafeGuard toolbar vprot exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Steam Steam exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS system lxcgcoms exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static ccc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jucheck exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings cindy My Documents Downloads HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k NetworkService C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www bing com pc ZUGO amp form ZGAPHP mStart Page hxxp www startsearcher com uProxyOverride lt local gt mSearchAssistant hxxp start facemoods com a mse amp s searchTerms amp f BHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - lt orphaned gt BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO D FBA -D F- A -AC - F CA - lt orphaned gt BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper D - C - ABF- ECC- C - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO B C- C F- BF -B - A - lt orphaned gt BHO D -D -... Read more

A:Unknown trojan causing crashes

Hi and Welcome!!   

My name is Jeff. I would be more than happy to take a look at your malware results logs and help you with solving any malware problems you might have. Logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and know that I am working hard to get you a clean and functional system back in your hands. I'd be grateful if you would note the following:
The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
If you happen to have a flash drive/thumb drive please have that ready in the event that we need to use it.
Please be sure to subscribe to the topic if you have not already done so.
IMPORTANT NOTE : Please do not delete, download or install anything unless instructed to do so.DO NOT use any TOOLS such as Combofix or HijackThis fixes without supervision. Doing so could make your system inoperable and could require a full reinstall of your operating system and losing all your programs and data.

Having said that....     Let's get going!!  
----------
 Are you aware that your system is set to connect to a proxy server or do you use this system to connect to school/work?
------------
  Please download TDSSKiller
Double click TDSSKiller.exe
Press Start Scan but do nothing else as we are just looking for what is there.
If Malicious objects are found, select Skip by changing the Cure dropdown in the upper right.
Attach the log in your next reply
A copy of the log will be saved automatically to the root of the drive (typically C:\)
 AdwCleaner

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the toolVista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
Click on the Scan button.
AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
The contents of the log file may be confusing. Unless you see a program name that you know should not be removed, don't worry about it. If you see an entry you want to keep, let me know about it.
Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.

----------

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/508986/unknown-trojan-causing-crashes/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have my computer listed in my profile, so if you want the specs please refer to there.

I have found that the 7000 version of W7 has cause severe system instability for me, with my system crashing every hour or so at least.

I recently upgraded to the 7600 version, which seems to have completely remedied all of the crashing and instability problems I was having. The computer has currently been up for about 22 hours with no crashes so far.

Does anyone have any clue as to what was causing this? This was more of a heads-up post to the possible instability of 7000, but I am interested if this happened to anyone else or not.

A:Windows 7 7000 causing crashes

build 7000 has expired, and is likely automatically rebooting.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/17542-windows-7-7000-causing-crashes.html
Relevancy 48.59%

when I turn off computer, it asks for me to allow windows to install security updates and says it will automatically turn off computer. it seems to crash and upon starting again a windows states it has recovered from a serious error.

A:windows updates causing crashes

do a system restore to before you installed the updates

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-updates-causing-crashes-223350.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello So I've been having random crashes only while gaming and WhoCrashed pointed to ntoskrnl exe and esisguard sys as reasons for the crashing Esisguard was left over after I used Spyhunter to clear out some adware FYI Spyhunter will scan but not fix unless you buy the full version for those causing esisguard.sys & crashes ntsokrnl who might recommend it After some google fu I found that a recent windows update was causing BSOD and a subsequent patch fixed it I ran CC Cleaner first since esisguard sys was only in the Registry not anywhere else after I uninstalled Spyhunter Run windows updates restart get to the log in screen put in my password and the computer turns off Not BSOD just turns off Restart in Safe Mode pick last good configuration no dice Try to roll back to pre-windows update config again get to log in screen put in password and then it just shuts down I ran startup repair after hours computer restarts and ntsokrnl & esisguard.sys causing crashes same thing I tried booting from the Win disc ntsokrnl & esisguard.sys causing crashes same thing no dice Restore from back up fails I finally let an extended memory check run and went to bed I got up and the log in screen was ready I put in my password expecting another crash and power down but it worked with the message that restoring to earlier version was successful I reinstalled BlueScreenViewer and it gave me the same thing as a cause for crashing ntoskrnl exe On Thu AM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x BC Bugcheck code x B xC xFFFFF A xFFFFF CDDF x Error SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time On Thu AM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows memory dmp This was probably caused by the following module esgiguard sys esgiguard x EC Bugcheck code x B xC xFFFFF A xFFFFF CDDF x Error SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION Bug check description This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver esgiguard sys Google query esgiguard sys SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION Attached is dxdiag and BlueScreenViewer dump files I couldn't upload the minidump file from my Windows folder nbsp BSV dumpfile txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads nbsp DxDiag txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads

A:ntsokrnl & esisguard.sys causing crashes

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/546499/ntsokrnl-esisguardsys-causing-crashes/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi everyone Just before I start I thought i'd mention that this is a sort of last resort so hopefully someone on here has more knowledge than the people who have already looked into this issue OK I've got a custom built gaming pc which was running windows ran perfectly for around years got offered the free upgrade to windows so obviously took it It was around a month after the install that my computer cut off and restarted on its own which I thought nothing of possibly a program crashed and caused a cut-off or something So that was that it came back on and it was fine for another month After the nd cut out months after upgrade to windows I then took it to my local computer shop mentioned that its been cutting out ever since upgrade and they tested the CPU RAM etc with DMARK and results came back fine and the problem is aswell that it never cut out whilst 10 system crashes Windows causing in their hands After being told theres nothing wrong with the hardware they said to monitor the problem and keep them updated months down the line Windows 10 causing system crashes Cut outs are now happening intermittently it can be on for mins and cut out and it can stay on for hours and cut Windows 10 causing system crashes out but are obviously doing it a lot more Windows 10 causing system crashes frequently than at first So I decided to try another computer shop to check the hardware so they disassembled the computer tested every component and put it back together again reported no faults with hardware They reported that the copy of windows that's installed is corrupted beyond repair and a fresh install of windows may be required and they asked for my product key which after moving house I cannot find for the life of me I've had remote access sessions with Microsoft and everything they've tried hasn't worked one guy downloaded the ISO files and told me to install it myself because he's due for his lunch break I've tried the in-place upgrade and after this my comuter tried to start ties then came up with an error saying windows is having a problem loading files so I done the re-install whilst keeping files Again this hasn't worked is there anything else that can be done other than fresh installing windows as I cant find the product key Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Windows 10 causing system crashes

Well if you want to see your product key, here is the link, download the program, it will show you all your product keys for Windows.
Showkey

Once you find yours, write them down..... If you want to do a clean install, we have tutorials here to help you thur this process.

You could try to a repair install before trying to do a clean install......here is a link for this process
Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

And if you decide to do a clean install here is how.
Windows 10 - Clean Install

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/40176-windows-10-causing-system-crashes.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hey peeps I was wondering if any of you could give me some assistance with an issue I used to have when running two monitors I say used to have because I decided not to run anymore for this obnoxious issue I couldn't find a way to describe it so while looking online for a solution I found a thread at another forum that describes is perfectly However not a single reply was given to that thread and it is the only one that gets so close to my actual issue ''After installing the second monitor I started having problems when watching videos When I watched any kind of video the primary monitor would start to flicker so bad that it would become unreadable the secondary monitor would work fine This seems to happen randomly sometimes I can watch several videos and it will work fine If I tried to switch the secondary monitor to the primary monitor the same problem would happen with the primary monitor again and the monitor that had the problem originally the one that is now set to secondary would now work fine I updated my drivers thinking this might help but the problem still persists one work around I had was to watch the video on the secondary monitor this would still cause the primary monitor to flicker and sometimes black out but the Causing Crashes. Monitor Dual secondary monitor would play the video fine allowing me to watch it After I was done watching the video I could stop it and the screen flicker on the primary monitor would stop Recently I did this and the computer crashed to a BSOD this has happened twice now I don't recall the error number it gave I wish I would have wrote it down I just remember reading something about if I have installed any new hardware to check it and if it persists to contact support This only happens when I am watching videos When I am gaming everything works fine I play most games Dual Monitor Causing Crashes. with all the graphics set to Dual Monitor Causing Crashes. ultra and experience pretty good frame rates '' I want to answer some questions before they are asked of course so these are the ones I assume will be asked GPU Sapphire HD Dual Monitor Causing Crashes. Vapor X OC Edition Monitor interphase ACER AL W DVI-D Dual Link Output to HDMI input in GPU No adapters used nd Monitor Interphase Dell E FPf running from it's VGA Output to the GPU's DVI-I input it is using an adapter for VGA to DVI-I Monitors are difference sizes Inch and Inches respectively Different resolutions x and x Used Drivers and issue is present with all three Now This had happened before I did a rebuild of my computer When I performed a clean install with it's new hardware and then set up the second monitor the issue continued happening A part of me tells me the GPU is at fault but games run extremely well Sometimes I even run games on just the bigger monitor while I skype a videocall on the second one and the issue does not occur What I am trying to say is that when performing real stressing tasks for the GPU the issue does not happen whatsoever but the moment I click on a video thumbnail to play it the second it renders the second my monitor will crash At the moment this is keeping me from purchasing a matching monitor same size and resolution and I really doubt that the difference in resolution makes a difference One thing to notice is that the monitors do -NOT- run in eyefinity so the system sees them as two different ones and not as one huge monitor so I was thinking that might be an issue however it is not possible to run eyefinity with such a difference in resolution and my smaller monitor does not support my main monitors resolution Any ideas thoughts or information would be highly appreciated thank you

A:Dual Monitor Causing Crashes.

Here I run a matching pair of Acer 19" lcds without having run into any glitches as far as video playback. The older MSI HD Radeon 5750 1gb video card simply runs the pair at their native 1400x900 screen res. I can run with the UltraMon or DisplayFusion having bought both full versions without experiencing any dilemnas.

The 17" and 22" combination is one possible problem but wouldn't account for everything. When going to use a program like UltraMon or DisplayFusion you can have two different screen resolutions as well as different wallpapers on each display when creating a custom profile that loads up with Windows. The player and/or video source(video files, online media stream, etc.) could be a cause for concern there.

Since you are not seeing any gaming issues since more recent game titles in the last few years tend to place a larger demand on the graphics that shows the card and lcds are working properly leading us right back to the possible codec and player type problems which are a bit more likely. Are you always using the same player to watch videos or have you tried any other players to see if the problem persists?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/277153-dual-monitor-causing-crashes.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Recently my email and some other accounts were hacked by an IP from China I got ownership of the accounts back but my Antivir MSE and spybot scans showed no infections so I decided to continue using it However lately my computer has been constantly crashing or getting and bluescreens causing Virus crashes blue screens which I think may be the virus interfering with system processes Also I am unable to run the gmer scan without it crashing DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Owner at on Sat Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - SP Spybot - Search and Destroy enabled Outdated ED FAF- B F- B -ACA - E C DADBE SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system Virus causing crashes and bluescreens lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss c Program Files Microsoft Security Virus causing crashes and bluescreens Essentials MsMpEng exe C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows Virus causing crashes and bluescreens system atieclxx exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Razer DeathAdder razerhid exe C Windows vVX exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Essentials msseces exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files RocketDock RocketDock exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Pando Networks Media Booster PMB exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files Razer DeathAdder razertra exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamS exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avshadow exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWinSec exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Razer DeathAdder razerofa exe C Windows System mobsync exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Users Owner Desktop dds scr C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c program files spybot - search amp destroy SDHelper dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll uRun RocketDock quot c program files rocketdock RocketDock exe quot uRun PlayNC Launcher uRun SpybotSD TeaTimer c program files spybot - search amp destroy ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/virus-causing-crashes-and-bluescreens-475535.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I got a call from my parents this morning that their computer is refusing to boot. When I got to the office one of my co-workers was complaining of the same problem - and brought their computer to work. Both reported that they installed the Feb 2010 uber-update last night and that they had problems installing the update.

Has anyone had complaints about this update?

The machines are very different, eMachines & Dell, but both are running XP Home (SP2 I believe). My co-worker's machine is very new (9 months) and my parent's is very old (3-5 years). I have run the Dell diagnostics and there don't seem to be any hadware issues with my co-workers machine.

My co-worker's machine will not boot to safe mode. It hangs while attempting to load the sys files.

A:Feb 2010 update causing crashes?

Why are the systems lacking SP3? They probably do have SP3 if they were offered these latest updates.

Try booting into Safe Mode by tapping F8 at boot, use Last know Good Configuration option. If this does not work try Safe Mode. Once in Safe Mode you can try System Restore to previous day before updates installed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/feb-2010-update-causing-crashes-460587.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello,
I recently reinstalled my OS and installed the AMD Drivers for my 5830s(crossfired) and they seem to be causing freezes. By freeze I mean that my computer will lock up completely and I cannot move my mouse and I have to then hard restart.

I have tried several solutions, such as reinstalling windows and reinstalling the graphics drivers after removing them in safe mode with driver sweeper. I have tried old versions and the latest versions do not install. I can boot into safe mode successfully and that is how I am asking this. I really need help because I cannot understand what is wrong.

My Computer specs:
AMD Phenom II X6 1050t OCed to 3.2ghz
8gb of Corsair XMS3 RAM
2 XFX Radeon HD 5830s Crossfired
850W Power Supply

I appreciate help and will provide anything necessary to stop this problem.

A:AMD Drivers causing freezes/crashes

Have you tried booting with only 1 gpu instead of both being connected? Maybe one of the gpus are malfunctioning.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/254545-amd-drivers-causing-freezes-crashes.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello All My computer s been pretty much great up to this point I have just installed Windows Defender and Cyberhawk and found that my computer is slightly slower This is not really the issue as the Whats Crashes? Solved: causing main problem is that since installing these programs Azureus has crashed repeatedly so much so that i cannot switch off my computer and have to result Solved: Whats causing Crashes? in powering it off What should i do Heres a HiJack this log just incase somethings iffy Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP Solved: Whats causing Crashes? SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng Solved: Whats causing Crashes? exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files Common Files Novatix Cyberhawk CHService exe C Program Files ewido anti-malware ewidoctrl exe C PROGRA MI MSSQL binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files Sandboxie SandboxieServer exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Alcatel SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro type exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Novatix Cyberhawk CHTray exe C Program Files NetWaiting netWaiting exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Documents and Settings Wesley Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www btopenworld com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www euro dell com content default aspx c uk amp l en amp s gen R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www btopenworld com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by BTopenworld O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp stsystra exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run IntelZeroConf... Read more

Relevancy 48.59%

I have read these instructions 20 times. I hope I am doing this correctly.
Please help

A:BlueScreen causing repetitive crashes

You have uploaded a shortcut only

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/267053-bluescreen-causing-repetitive-crashes.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I've tried as much as I can solving this problem, but inevitably I get a crash: \??\C:\WINDOWS\SysWow64\drivers\tmcomm.sys has been blocked from loading due to incompatibility with this system. Please contact your software vendor for a compatible version of the driver.For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.Or, if I delete it, I get a crash from not having the file. This is driving me crazy... it seems like this wow64/drivers/tmcomm.sys somehow got into my system and now can't get rid of it... think it's from trendmicro housecall... I've reformatted, but, didn't pay attention and ran housecall again, not realizing that could be the problem... Anyone know how to kill its process and finally delete it once and for all?

A:Tmcomm.sys On Windows Xp 64 Causing Crashes

I don't have XP64 but...I'll hazard a guess . Bear in mind that it's only guesswork.First, read http://searchwincomputing.techtarget.com/t...1204121,00.htmlWhat I gather from that is...the SysWOW64 folder is the designated repository for 32-bit drivers which are running in XP64.The tmcomm.sys file belongs to Trend Micro, which is probably your AV program. The fact that it's in the SysWOW folder indicates that you are running 32-bit Trend Micro on your 64-bit system.For whatever reason, the driver file for Trend Micro AV is causing problems. File corruption is a possibility.What I would do in your shoes is uninstall TM AV...and then reinstall it and update it, hoping that such solves the problem. Or try another AV program in TM's stead. Or do both, in the order listed, if necessary.Let us know...Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/134987/tmcommsys-on-windows-xp-64-causing-crashes/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi I m on a Dell Precision M running bit windows I ve been experiencing a terrible problem that s been going on for months now becoming more and less and more frequent at random but it happened like four times this week so that set me off My computer crashes often It almost always happens when I m online- that s one constant I ve noticed The screen goes black and stays black the computer is still on and the audio will sometimes play and sometimes come to a crazy distorted halt and I ll always need to completely restart my laptop I ve talked to dell tech support they have me run a bunch of tests then they shrug their shoulders and say we think its maybe windows reinstall windows maybe quot Which sounds ridiculously difficult- also its not I don t keep a bunch of CDs around in plastic cases in a stack by my computer for complete reninstalls of everything I own You guys honestly seem smarter then them so I m hoping someone here will give me a hand I don t think the issue is with any sort of virus since I ve run a ton of different scans and tech support says its not hardware even though to me that d seem like the most likely culprit So I m stuck Can I get a hand with this nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

I have had multiple instances of browsers not responding - white screen - both IE and Firefox. I check my event log and found two consistent errors: bonjour service and disk issues. First, should I uninstall bonjour? Second, is this suggesting that my hard drive is dying and needs replacing? the error messages are:
1) The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk2\DR3.
2) The device, \Device\Harddisk0\DR0, has a bad block.
Thanks in advance for your assistance.

A:Hard disc causing crashes?

Yes, you can uninstall Bonjour, but you won't be able to discover other itunes libraries on other systems broadcasted around you. Can also reinstall iTunes if you want to keep it

Defragment your harddrive see if it can make it. Then check your disk for errors and automatically fix them and recovery of bad sectors:

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/205673-hard-disc-causing-crashes.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I ve been struggling with one Causing Crashes Constant Possible Infection issue after another with my PC for about Possible Infection Causing Constant Crashes a month now The issues started with a Vundo trojan horse that prevented me from getting on any Internet sites I was helped in your Malware Removal forum and given a clean bill of health and that problem was solved Unfortunately a new one began immediately as I began crashing and re-booting on a continuous loop usually within minutes of starting up if not immediately We ran numerous anti-spyware programs and could find nothing wrong However a later Crash Log Analysis revealed problems again and again file path C WINDOWS system drivers vffilter sys and file path C WINDOWS system ntoskrnl exe Finally a Prevx scan yesterday discovered possible infections WJQS EXE in C WINDOWS system drivers and VFIND EXE in C WINDOWS with further information about them at these links http www prevx com filenames WJQS EXE htmlhttp www prevx com filenames VFIND EXE html Prevx will not remove without me paying for a subscription I don t know anything about Prevx and I m not sure if it s safe and if it will actually work Last night I did use Prevx s information to scan my PC for the file name aliases and I discovered SVCHOST EXE by manufacturer and I deleted it but my system still crashed again soon after I couldn t find anything else I m looking for any information on how to proceed Furthermore last night at a random point my firewall began preventing me from accessing any websites I didn t modify my firewall settings at all Instructions on how to change my firewall settings back to allow Internet access would be appreciated as well Thank you very much for any help or information you can provide After trying to fix this for a month I m very close to the point where I ll either have to reformat or buy a new PC if I can t figure this out

A:Possible Infection Causing Constant Crashes

Jat90 assisted with your malware issues here and had you use Combofix. VFIND.EXE is a file associated with that version of Combofix and NOT malware. Certain embedded files that are part of legitimate programs or specialized fix tools such as Combofix may at times be detected by some anti-virus and anti-malware scanners as a "Risk Tool", "Hacking Tool", "Potentially Unwanted Program", or even "Malware" (virus/trojan) when that is not the case. This occurs for a variety of reasons to include the tool's compiler, the files it uses, registry fixes and malware strings it contains. Such programs have legitimate uses in contexts where a Malware Removal Expert asked you to use the tool or when an authorized user/administrator has knowingly installed it. WJQS.EXE appears to be malware so you probably were reinfected. Jat90 offered to reopen the topic if need be for malware related issues so you should follow his instructions for doing that.Since you are already receiving help here, for the issues with vffilter.sys and ntoskrnl.exe, you can continue in that thread after finishing up with Jat90. It appears you are dealing with two separate issues but you need to address the malware first and not doing other things that JAT90 may not be aware of or that can complicate the disinfection process.Please do not start new threads or duplicate topics as this causes confusion and makes it more difficult to get the help you need to resolve your issues. Thanks for your cooperation.This thread is closed. If you have any questions, please PM me or another Moderator.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/222919/possible-infection-causing-constant-crashes/
Relevancy 48.16%

My friend just bought a new EMachines laptop I recommended Dell but he bought this one anyways It s pretty nice crashes Laptop WinXP: mouse causing thin widescreen XP ddr ram ati mobile video etc Anyway I bought a mouse to use rather than use the touchpad all the time It s just a standard Microsoft optical wheel mouse I was installing a ton of things at the same time a big no-no - so when the pc WinXP: Laptop mouse causing crashes started crashing randomly it took me a long time to problem solve it Once I finally did I couldn t figure it out I uninstalled the Synaptics Pointing Device drivers and installed the IntelliVision software from microsoft Windows didn t show the devices as conflicting but they definitely were I was crashing WinXP: Laptop mouse causing crashes every minutes with it running and when I unplugged the USB mouse I m pretty sure it s USB it ran for hours with no crash and hasn t crashed since about a week Basically Are there any known issues with XP Laptops and the mouse touchpad combo s Any patches that can fix this hopefully not MS patches that will destroy my system like MS likes to do or settings to make the mouse work If I could entirely disable the touchpad that d be fine - but it d be nice to use both Anyways any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:WinXP: Laptop mouse causing crashes

This article covers a similar conflict.

The documented issue is for ps/2 mice, not usb, but the 'fix' should work nonetheless. A reboot would be needed to choose a diferent hardware profile, and as I recall you get the choice screen on every boot, so it's not the greatest solution.

It might be easier just to disable the touchpad device in the Device Manager.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;282753

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/winxp-laptop-mouse-causing-crashes.139325/
Relevancy 48.16%

Does the earlier driver for the Geforce 6600 cause Instability issues and or lockups? If anyone knows anything about Nvidia Drivers/Cards can you help me?

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic26156.html <-------see here

A:Nvidia 71.2x Causing Crashes? Or defective Card?

A way to find out, go to the nvidia website, and update the drivers for your video card, and see if the problem still occurs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-71-2x-causing-crashes-or-defective-card.26157/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have 2x2gb memory sticks running dual channel.i had 2gb and bought another 2 gb a couple of months later from the same shop.All the specs are the same apart from the Supported Module Timing at 533.3 MHz.
One stick has 7-7-7-20 and the other is 8-8-8-20.
Could this be causing freezing on start up and bsods?
I have an asrock n68c-s ucc and im using ddr3 Memory Speed: 666.7 MHz (PC3-10600)
and im using HWINFO32 for my info.
Also i have never been able to overclock this,even from new.could that be because of the timings?

A:Are these memory timings causing crashes and bsod?

This might help. Match ram means matched. Ram to work properly need to be match. Different speed ram and different settings is not matched.
First thing you have to know what you mother board requires and then what your cpu requires.
ASRock > N68C-S UCC
-----------------
*DDR3 and DDR2 are supported separately.

**DDR3 memory is only supported by installing AM3 CPU.

***Due to the operating system limitation, the actual memory size may be less than 4GB for the reservation for system usage under Windows? 32-bit OS. For Windows? 64-bit OS with 64-bit CPU, there is no such limitation.

****Support with AM3 / AM2+ CPU.
---------------------
AMD Athlon II X4 640 Processor Specifications & Features
You can do a little Google Home Work and find more information.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/259201-these-memory-timings-causing-crashes-bsod.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Recently I updated my nvidia drivers to the most recent and Ive been experiencing many issues.
When the installation was complete I had a runtime error terimation and then a message saying nvidia windows kernel stopped responding in which moments later it froze my laptop and I had to manually shut it down.
When I play games such as league of legends it also ended up freezing my laptop y50

Ive tried reinstalling drivers with driver sweeper and it did not help the issue.

A:Latest Nivida Driver Causing Crashes

So you are saying that you didn't have any problems at all before you updated the Nvidia drivers??

You can try installing the nvidia drivers in safe mode..

Is your laptop over heating?

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/72823-latest-nivida-driver-causing-crashes.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello there I have been experiencing this problem for months now and it is really annoying i have spent hours searching through google for answers but nothing Okay so i will be playing a game e g CounterStrike Global Offensive Arma i will be playing fin with around - fps no lag what so ever then suddenly my computer crashes The visuals freeze audio loops cannot alt tab Ctrl alt delete Ctrl shift escape nothing But in the background teamspeak will still be working i can continue to talk to my friends as this happens but otherwise i can do nothing If i press my power button once as in Games computer crashes causing peculiar to close it down nothing happens if i press restart or hold the power button however it shuts down Custome built PC specs CPU Intel R Core TM i - k CPU GHz Hz GPU amd sapphire DualX Games causing peculiar computer crashes R X overclock edition Does not overheat RAM Corsair Gb DDR PSU Corsair CX w Motherboard Gigabyte Z -HD Any help will be appreciated Feel free to ask questions nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

After about minutes of running my display goes blank About half the time after that it comes back up as a x screen with the message quot ati dvag display driver has stopped working normally quot save your work restart etc Otherwise it just stays black I went to the ATI site downloaded and installed a more recent driver It crashed again but this time a white screen came up then a box that said quot out of frequency quot in the same pattern as the quot no signal quot box i e probably from the monitor I then did a system restore to before this started happening i e back to the original driver ATI card is Radeon device manager says it is quot working properly quot but that didn t fix it Oddly if it can keep going more than minutes or so it won t crash at all Computer is a Sony Vaio - years old Windows XP service pack Any ideas out there Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

My computer very regularly freezes blue screens and I cannot determine what is Hardware Causing System Crashes Unknown the cause of it It always crashes when I am trying to burn a dvd that I am making using Nero Vision version I have updated the BIOS and all the drivers are up to date Here are my specs Intel xbx kr mobo intel core quad q cpu western digital wd aaks gb hdd xfx geforce gt pci express video card gb ocz platinum dual channel pc memory Unknown Hardware Causing System Crashes ultra w x psu optiarc x dvdrw thermaltake cl-p blue orb cpu cooling fan pinnacle pctv hd pci card vista -bit Unknown Hardware Causing System Crashes enterprise I have gotten the IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL blue screen I have gotten the following error message Product Windows Modules Installer Problem WINDOWS WCP OTHER FAILURE Date PM Status Report Sent Problem signature Problem Event Name WINDOWS WCP OTHER FAILURE OsVersion File base wcp componentstore csd transact cpp Function CCSDirectTransaction StageComponent Line Status c c OS Version Locale ID Extra information about the problem Bucket ID I have tried formatting the hard drive and reinstalling everything and that did not work I would post the dump file but I don't know how to get one Please let me know what other information is needed

A:Unknown Hardware Causing System Crashes

Apparently Nero 4 doesn't work with Vista. You can check here to see updates:http://www.nero.com/enu/downloads-nero7-update.php

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/148045/unknown-hardware-causing-system-crashes/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello friends,

I have a mobo with an onboard NVidia GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 which I know is pretty darn old, but I have a graphics card I've had for a while but i notice when I use it I have more display crashes(the damned nvlddmkm) than usual. My theory is that the card(NVidia GeForce 6200OC which the OC stands for overclocked)is causing the crashes because my PC shouldn't be OC'ed(see stats for PC make & model).The only reason I use this card is it has an S-Video output jack which I use to connect my PC to my TV...the main reason I bought this card. I've tried using other software like RivaTuner or nTune to try to underclock it but it doesn't seem to work. Any ideas???

A:Is my Graphics Card causing display crashes??

Yha your cards being a weinie.

Have you got the newest driver? It'll be old but ensure its te newest.

Heat can csause the crash, so use something to check temps.

The other crap part ids it might just be getting bad.

Oh forgot to entin, your video card being overclocked has no impact on your cpu.

Me i run 1 cpu heavy overclocked, but my gpu is stock... My other cpu ids stock but the gpu is heavily oc'd.
And if you need more, 10mhz factory oc is less than how i find my oc's... I jump up 20mhz per test.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/292011-my-graphics-card-causing-display-crashes.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I just got a new computer in April the one I'm using now and since then it's crashed twice First time was on the th of April second time was on the th of June The first time it crashed it just randomly got the blue screen I had just restarted my computer because crashes? driver error causing Network of McAfee updating itself and was looking for icons for a folder of mine in the System files and I thought that that might've caused it but according to one of my friends who's pretty good with computers that wouldn't have made it crash Click this to download the Minidump of the crash The second time it crashed I again thought it was my fault due to me accidentally deleting one of the wrong files in my quot The Sims quot folder but I'm not sure that that would've Network driver error causing crashes? caused this It was at night when I was randomly playing some games on a virus-free site and my screen randomly went black and booted up with the whole quot Your computer has shutdown unexpectedly quot deal I booted it back up normally and it ran fine Oddly enough I can't find the Minidump for this crash The reason I thought it was a network error was because me and my friend were talking for quite a little while and he was saying that my problem was extremely rare and that it had to do with something about the network driver He didn't exactly know what happened but he thought that my network driver might've been caught in a memory loop Anyway sorry for this being a huge post Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Network driver error causing crashes?

Hi,

Your BSOD is most likely caused by McAfee - all 3rd Party Anti-viruses cause havoc on Windows 7 systems.

Code:

Built by: 7600.16539.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Debug session time: Wed May 19 17:24:30.611 2010 (GMT+12)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:02:38.484
BugCheck 1E, {0, 0, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiKernelCalloutExceptionHandler+e )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1E
PROCESS_NAME: mcagent.exe
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Quote: Originally Posted by jcgriff2

Remove McAfee using the McAfee Removal Tool (MRT) -

MRT --> http://download.mcafee.com/products/...tches/MCPR.exe

Download the MRT & save to desktop. Boot into SAFEMODE (NO Networking) - tap F8 key during boot-up. Then go to desktop, RIGHT-click on the MRT icon and select Run as Administrator.

When complete - re-boot.

Install MS Security Essentials --> http://www.microsoft.com/Security_Essentials/

Then reset the Windows Firewall to its default settings -
START -> type cmd.exe -> right-click -> run as administrator -> type netsh advfirewall reset press enter

Regards,
Reventon

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/92375-network-driver-error-causing-crashes.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Every time I play a MKV file it crashes my computer. It seems it does not matter what media player it is playing on.

I have tried it on VLC v 1.1 mediaplayer and windows mediaplayer with a codec pack.

I have looked online and it seems many people are having the same issue, but noone has good insight on how or why it keeps happening.

It is a very frustrating issue.

A:MKV files causing crashes on VLC and Media player

Corrupted files perhaps?

Try The KMPlayer, WinAmp, or Splayer?

If none of those work with reasonable Codec pack installs, then the files are hosed.

The KMPlayer uses it's own codecs I believe and you can manipulate it within its options big time, so it's possible to troubleshoot odd issues, I changed the renderer for example and some videos that said they couldn't work, suddenly did, and it's my favorite player for videos, and fully capable for audio too, I just prefer another one for audio.

I hope that is useful.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/92614-mkv-files-causing-crashes-vlc-media-player.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I was watching a movie in Windvd and near the end of the film my computer crashed and restarted. I then tried watching the film in Windows Media Player 9 and again experienced a crash near the end of the film. This time I got a message from Windows saying it was an NVIDIA driver problem. How do I figure out what NVIDIA driver I have and will updating it on NVIDIA's site solve the problem? Thanks so much.

I have XP PRO, 256 RAM, Adaware, Spybot, Spyware Blaster and antivirus protection.

Relevancy 48.16%

I am currently running an AMD k2-450 using windows 98. Several weeks ago I had a power failure that damaged the hard drive. Since recovering the system I have been experiencing problems with my AGP slot. I have a asus 6600 deluxe plugged into the AGP slot and when I am able to boot the machine a flash or more accurately a pulse shows up on the monitor and the system either freezes or resets. Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I try getting a new Power source? Could it be a problem with the motherboard? I think that the AGP slot isn't getting a steady stream of 3.3 v. Does this sound right? I have been working on this for a couple of weeks any help would be appreciated

A:unsteady power to agp causing system crashes

Power supplies are cheap, try another one. Otherwise, it may be the 3.3 v. regulator on the MB, or other MB problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unsteady-power-to-agp-causing-system-crashes.33075/
Relevancy 48.16%

I was originally infected with the Perfect Defender virus about days ago It popped as it is known to in IE rerouting me to it's website trying to convince me to download their software The virus managed to pass through Symantec Corporate Edition and disable my firewall before before it was noticed placing backdoor tideserv inf in C Documents and crashes still 2009 Perfect Defender causing Setting Jefff Local Settings Temp TDSS tmp and I was not originally able to remove After running MBAM in safe mode I was able to remove it and a few other infected items Perfect Defender 2009 still causing crashes Here is the MBAM log from removing it Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Database version Windows Service Pack PMmbam-log- - - - - txtScan type Quick ScanObjects scanned Time elapsed minute s second s Memory Processes Infected Memory Modules Infected Registry Keys Infected Registry Values Infected Registry Data Items Infected Folders Infected Files Infected Memory Processes Infected No malicious items detected Perfect Defender 2009 still causing crashes Memory Modules Infected No malicious items detected Registry Keys Infected HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Ext Perfect Defender 2009 still causing crashes Stats b f a c- c - da- bde-f bad e f a Rogue WinAntivirus - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Registry Values Infected HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run perfect defender Rogue PerfectDefender - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run svchost exe Trojan Agent - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Registry Data Items Infected HKEY CLASSES ROOT regfile shell open command Broken OpenCommand - gt Bad quot regedit exe quot quot quot Good regedit exe quot quot - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Folders Infected No malicious items detected Files Infected C Documents and Settings Jefff Local Settings Temp TDSS tmp Trojan FakeAlert - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully C WINDOWS system drivers svchost exe Trojan Agent - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully C WINDOWS system TDSSwrmbnisx log Trojan TDSS - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully C WINDOWS system TDSSxwqqxtme dll Rootkit Agent - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully After that I ran SDFix and my own Symantec and nothing popped up about malware but I still continue to have the same problems I did after I was originally infected Anytime I try to use IE it crashes and when I initially start it up I'm still redirected to a screen about insecure browsing that redirects me to Perfect Defender I am also still receiving Windows security center alerts that reroute me to perfect defender and name the suspicious software as a Sinowal Trojan Basically IE seems to be the only affected program I appreciate the help This has led to a lot of lost sleep alot of cursing and some near throwing of my laptop Here's the RSIT logs Logfile of random's system information tool written by random random Run by Jefff at - - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack System drive C has GB free of GBTotal RAM MB free Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exeC WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXEC WINDOWS System bcmwltry exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exeC Program Files Dell Network Assistant hnm svc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM ... Read more

A:Perfect Defender 2009 still causing crashes

Hi Pope,Welcome to BC HijackThis forum and sorry for the delay. I am farbar. I am going to assist you with your problem.Please refrain from making any changes to your system (updating Windows, installing applications, removing files, etc.) from now on as it might prolong handling your log and make the job for both of us more difficult.Tell me if you have done anything since previous post. Or you have run any other tools. Also tell me how is the current condition of your computer.

Please run RSIT, set the list of Files/Folders created to 2 Months and copy/paste the content of log.txt to your reply (this time RSIT creates just one log).You might want to save this page on your favorites, so you can find it again when you return.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/184693/perfect-defender-2009-still-causing-crashes/
Relevancy 48.16%

Okay so basically I ve been having this problem for about a month now My computer is set up with about mbs DDR PC I think and my pc has been shutting down for apparently no explicit reason I was told to check the event viewer and look at the system logs for any error messages and I ve gotten plenty Here is the last one I got Error code d parameter d parameter parameter parameter f ea b The error messages leading up to these are usually the same thing An error was detected on device Device Harddisk D during a paging operation I tried changing the page file to my second drive then back and vice versa Nothing has worked I have no idea what any of this means and I am at the end of my system Memory leak causing crashes. rope I have tried using software to defrag the memory as instructed through a friend I have tried installing windows TWICE in fact and nothing to avail I ve even stopped using certain applications that could have been causing the problem but nothing Memory leak causing system crashes. My system specs are an Athlon processor and mb of pc ddr ram like I Memory leak causing system crashes. said I am running a storage HD through a SCSI card and the master is normal All of the sollutions I ve been given are by friends in a chatroom and they ve not been able to help me so far unfortunately Help me Obi-Wan you re my only hope nbsp

A:Memory leak causing system crashes.

Are you running Windows XP Professional?

If so Windows XP now includes a utility called Shutdown Event Tracker, which provides a simple and standard mechanism you can use to consistently document the reasons for shutting down or restarting your computer. You can then use this information to analyze the root causes of shutdowns and develop a more complete understanding of your system environment.

Which may help to get to the real root cause of the problem, for deatails see: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/plan/rlbwinxp.mspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-leak-causing-system-crashes.370660/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello,

I recently added a GTX 1080 to my graphics amplifier, however, when the GPU is called upon the system driver will crash-- occasionally not restarting forcing me to reboot the machine. This could either be a game or having a peripheral monitor plugged directly into the amp's card.

I am using windows 10586.420, this is a clean installation; all drivers on the machine are from the dell support site with the exception of the latest geforce drivers.

Laptop is an alienware 15.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19984002
Relevancy 48.16%

I just built a new causing USB ports crashes/BSODs Front PC using a Gigabyte A-UD motherboard it's been up and running for about a week now I've since been having an issue when inserting a USB flash drive into the front panel ports Sometimes it causes my D Front USB ports causing crashes/BSODs HDD to crash it resets as though it was just connected Windows is on my C SSD drive and other times I get a BSOD and the machine restarts Front USB ports causing crashes/BSODs This has happened using both front USB ports and with different USB drives - one USB the other USB It doens't happen all the time either only sometimes which is making it difficult to troubleshoot It has yet Front USB ports causing crashes/BSODs to happen when using my external USB hub but as I said it doesn't happen of the time on the front ports either I've used disk management to ensure there is no drive letter conflict which was my original thought before I got any BSODs Here are the full system specs Motherboard Gigabyte A-UD v CPU AMD Phenom II X RAM GB Patriot DDR GPU nVidia GeForce GTX Primary Hard Drive Crucial M GB SSD Secondary Hard Drive x WD Black SATA III TB disks using onboard RAID OS Windows Ultimate -bit Dump files and perfmon results are attached

A:Front USB ports causing crashes/BSODs

What case are you using? I have a Corsair 400R with front panel USB 3 ports. Corsair has had problems with these USB 3 ports on a few different cases and it was a bad USB case panel.

Jim

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/211236-front-usb-ports-causing-crashes-bsods.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Well I am unfamiliar with direct x but after Sudden unknown error crashes causing doing alot of testing I think it might be the problem however it could be something completely different Basically I play a game called Sudden unknown error causing crashes FlyFF and recently had to reformat my computer upon reinstallation the game either crashes or reboots Sudden unknown error causing crashes my computer I checked for loose hardware software conflicts and a few graphic settings and all I have accomplished was making the reboots happen less frequently by uninstalling directx sdk Well I guess I will post a hijack log and check back to see what other information I can give to get some help Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system ntvdm exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS System dxdiag exe C DOCUME Peace LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www emachines com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyviewer dll O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - Extra button ICQ - f -cba - -b - cb cd - C Program Files ICQ ICQ exe O - Extra Tools menuitem ICQ - f -cba - -b - cb cd - C Program Files ICQ ICQ exe O - Extra button Real com - CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE - C WINDOWS System Shdocvw dll O - Extra button MoneySide - E F - C A- -A E -A DEA A - C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyviewer dll O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - Winlogon Notify WgaLogon - C WINDOWS SYSTEM WgaLogon dll O - Service NVIDIA Display Driver Service NVSvc - NVIDIA Corporation - C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe Also if it helps any I have a nvidia FX graphic card if that might be causing the trouble Thanks in advance Tab nbsp

A:Sudden unknown error causing crashes

i have the same card, just 128mb, 1st you need 2 install anti-virus, and spyware programs, and are you sure your computers not overheating?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sudden-unknown-error-causing-crashes.492330/
Relevancy 48.16%

So I installed magic disc not seeing on the internet that people are having problems with it, and now it doesn't work and it's causing crashes. I can't even uninstall it from safe mode, how would I get rid of a program like this?

A:Can't Uninstall Magic Disc, Causing Crashes

Hi,

If you can still boot in , try this (works fine on 64 bit - tho. it only uninstalls 32 bit apps. )

Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Uninstall Software, Remove Programs, Solve uninstall problems

Hope it helps

SIW2

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/3263-cant-uninstall-magic-disc-causing-crashes.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I suppose I should say hi first. Hello. I'm having a bit of a problem with my computer. I'm running WinXP Media Center Edition with SP2 and after getting rid of a holiday season trojan/malware/spyware fiesta from my computer I'm now experiencing huge slow down which, as far as me and my antivirus (Avast 4.8 Home Edition) can tell nothing is wrong. But I'm having High CPU usage from a Svchost.exe file and System Idle Processes. Each of them using 50% constantly according to Process Explorer.

I also feel I should tell that there was a Registry Booster involved in trying to fix my computer. That might have had something to do with this too. Any idea what could have went wrong?

A:High CPU usage causing frequent crashes?

Hello Mojinr

Svchost.exe is often used by malware so I think you still have remains of the infection on your system.

We cannot help you with malware removal in this forum.
Please read ?Virus/Trojan/Spyware Removal Help ? and follow the instructions very carefully; then, post all the requested logs and information in the Virus Help Forum
If you cannot complete any step, just miss it out and do what you can, but be sure to include this information in your post.
Please ensure that you create a new thread in the Virus Help Forum; not back here in this one.

Please be patient, as the Security Team Analysts are usually very busy; one of them will answer your request as soon as they can.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/high-cpu-usage-causing-frequent-crashes-447399.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Recently my PC causing system card Video crashes? has been shutting down during games The error report I m receiving is quot Blue screen error caused by a device or driver quot the specific cause wasn t given I have a Radeon x Pro I forget how long I ve had it but definitely no more than Video card causing system crashes? years I have updated the drivers but that had no effect Depending on the game the error occurs within minutes but it can hold up for an hour or more Today I was using AtiTool although my card isn t overclocked and on two occasions the system shut down as the GPU temperature reached Celsius so I think it s an overheating problem I took the card out and removed as much of the fluff and dust as I could but this made no difference So I took the heat-sink fan off and found that the thermal paste pad whatever comes with the card looks to have worn away so I ve ordered some new paste From what I ve described could overheating be lead to a bluescreen error Edit My OS is XP Home SP nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-card-causing-system-crashes.827970/
Relevancy 48.16%

I am stumped and am need of some assistance please.

I have a custom built system that is primarily a media PC, running Win7 Ultimate x64. I routinely will use the system to watch some netflix/hulu/etc, surf the web, play a game all with no trouble. I'll shut down the TV, and the computer will go to standby mode. When I come back to it the next day/night or even later the same day, it will have crashed, BSOD, etc.

This system previously corrupted and I was forced to rebuild it 2 days ago. Again today when I logged onto it, it showed me that it had 'recovered from a crash'.

I have previously run memtest and the HDD's show SMART as healthy.

I am at a loss as to what to do next and need some advice -

A:Crashes while the system is not in use - causing corrupted files

Welcome to Seven Forums.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 19, {3, fffffa80069640e0, ffbdfa80069640e0, fffffa80069640e0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswFsBlk.SYS
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswFsBlk.SYS
Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExDeferredFreePool+a53 )

Followup: Pool_corruption
---------
Your BSOD's were caused by Avast! Internet Security. Please remove it using its removal tool from here: Uninstallers (removal tools) for common antivirus software - ESET Knowledgebase

We recommended Microsoft Security Essentials from a strict BSOD perspective. Is most compatible & provides most stability compared to other antivirus app/Internet Security Software. Microsoft Security Essentials, Free antivirus for windows
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free
Good and Free system security combination

Warning
Do not start the free trial of Malware Bytes; remember to deselect that option when prompted.

Run a full scan with both (separately) once downloaded, installed and updated.

Follow this:

Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden

If you have an SSD, make sure the following are up to date:SSD firmware
BIOS Version
Chipset Drivers
Hard disk controller drivers/SATA drivers
If you have a Marvell IDE ATA/ATAPI device, make sure the drivers are up to date from the Intel site or Marvell site and not from your motherboard/vendor support site.

Perform a System File Check to check the integrity of all protected Windows 7 :Click on the start
Type CMD on Search
Left click and Run as Administrator
Type
Code:
SFC /scannow

Full tutorial here:SFC /Scannow Command - System File Checker
Check your hard drive(s) for errors by running chkdskCheck your hard disk for errors
Disk Check
Let us know the results and further BSOD reports.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/282086-crashes-while-system-not-use-causing-corrupted-files.html
Relevancy 47.73%

hi I recently purchased a new Graphic Card Nvidia Geforce and ever since I've experienced random freezes and moments where it's drivers stopped working When the freeze happens and card NVIDIA causing New driver-crashes freezes It'll remain frozen until I reset the PC and if I've speakers on it'll blow out New NVIDIA card causing freezes and driver-crashes a nasty BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ sound The freezes appear to occur randomly It can go days without them and sometimes like now I had less then an hour inbetween In addition to that I quite frequently daily at least have my monitors go black and I get the quot Nvidia Drivers stopped working quot message If I'm lucky it'll revert back to a previous stage where it worked fine and all I've to do is reboot the programs i'm running If I'm unlucky it doesn't stop until i've pushed the reset button I don't know for sure that it's the new card causing it but considering the circumstances and the issues I'd say it is Before this card I ran AMD's without New NVIDIA card causing freezes and driver-crashes any issues I've already removed and reinstalled the Nvidia drivers and it didn't seem to help I'm running CPU Intel Core i New NVIDIA card causing freezes and driver-crashes k Sandy Bridge GB ram Gigabyte Z XP-UD MoBo Nvidia Geforce GTX Help amp suggestions are extremely appreciated Thanks in advance Lajz

A:New NVIDIA card causing freezes and driver-crashes

Install Driver Sweeper and DOWNLOAD but don't install the new driver from NVIDIA.
Control Panel > Uninstall Programs > Uninstall "NVIDIA PHYSX" and "NVIDIA 3D VISION".
Then reboot your computer, and dependig on what model/build it is, enter Safe Mode (In my computer keep pressing F2).
Go to Device Manager (Start > Search Bar > Device Manager) and click on the little arrow nect to the tab "Display Adaptors". It should list all the graphic card that you currently are using.
Right click on the graphics card and select uninstall. Make sure that the other box/es are UNCHECKED.
Before you reboot again, open Driver Sweeper and select the boxes marked "NVIDIA CHIPSET", "NVIDIA PHYSX" and "NVIDIA DISPLAY". Select "Clean", and when prompted o reboot, select "Yes".

Now once you've rebooted, your computer should recognize the graphics card again.
Reboot the computer once more, and after that you can install the new driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/243094-new-nvidia-card-causing-freezes-driver-crashes.html
Relevancy 47.73%

DDS logs are no longer used for malware issues...and such are NEVER used in any of the O/S forums.

You have the choice of following Steps 6-8 of the Preparation Guide, Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html and initiating a malware topic in the forum containing the Prep Guide...OR...initiating a topic concerning system issues that are NOT related to malware...in the appropriate Windows forum here at BC.

To avoid confusion, this topic is closed.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/591279/system-32-missing-files-causing-game-crashes/
Relevancy 47.73%

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows KB isn't working very well on my laptop On installing this after rebooting I'm a stuck on blue screen saying that the PC has encountered an error and needs to restart It also shows an error code like Cumulative crashes causing Update Security (KB2838727) xc Cumulative Security Update (KB2838727) causing crashes a While that message is displayed a percentage meter goes to and the PC is automatically rebooted Cumulative Security Update (KB2838727) causing crashes Then it tries to diagnose and repair but fails and says that the PC could not be repaired and a Srt log file is saved Then the only thing which saves me is going to the Advanced Options within that recovery mode and restoring a system point Can someone help me on this What exactly in this update is crashing my PC I had opened a similar thread in the BSODs category of the website but now that I have realized that it's more related to a Windows Update I'm opening a thread here Thanks Regards Abhishek Sharma

A:Cumulative Security Update (KB2838727) causing crashes

You might want to check this link: KB2838727 and KB2845533 gives error code: 80073712 - Microsoft Community

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/26810-cumulative-security-update-kb2838727-causing-crashes.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi first of all i must say i m not a newbie at this area so i ve made pretty much everything and hoped the problem went away Problem Almost every game i play it randomly crashes It doesn t reboot It doesn t show me blue screen It just hangs This can happen once per played game twice three times or never Computer specifications What crashes Vista Random is x64, (freezes) this? game causing in Intel Core Duo E GHz Asus P B non-deluxe just plain P B with latest BIOS v x GB of G SKILL DDR MHz ram GeForce GTX graphics card Random game crashes (freezes) in Vista x64, What is causing this? x Maxtor GB SATA and x WD GB SATA AAKS model HDD Power supply is currently on W which is measured still enough to handle all of the above stated So far i never got a random-reboot that would indicate the power loss As a matter of fact i did replaced current W PSU with W to see if it fixes the problem- well it didn t None of my hardware is overclocked and never was Software specifications I run Windows Vista x with SP RTM the problem appeared when i didn t have SP either I have all latest updates installed for Windows Latest drivers from nVidia for graphic card latest Intel s chipset drivers etc The test I have started with testing all of my hardware I ve tested my ram with Memtestx runing the test nights every night for approx hours No errors were found I ve tested my CPU with SuperPi several times in a row too No crash Of course like every other enthusiast i would expect the problem being in Graphic Card- maybe overheating Well the temperature when idle is amp C max when fully loaded it goes max to amp C I did had GT card before this one The problem was the same then i m not sure if it had dissapeared when i downloaded some version of chipset drivers but this is chance as it is now I ve even found a post in P B s forum of someone that had exactly the same problem with slight diferent hardware specs I ve tracked the poster but didn t recieved any mail from him so far Noone didn t even replied with some helpfull information If i m not playing games my computer works very stable without any problems- no lockups or crashes Help Please i beg you to help me with any information available If you know what could be the reason of these crashes tell me If you know anyone that could know the reason ask him The only thing i could figure what to replace is just the motherboard But i won t replace it untill i m not positive mobo is the reason Thank you for any help i apretiate it nbsp

A:Random game crashes (freezes) in Vista x64, What is causing this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-game-crashes-freezes-in-vista-x64-what-is-causing-this.686986/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I have recently bought an ABIT VT Motherboard and have updated all the drivers for it along with the bios It has been working fine for the last months or so Unfortunately the problem I have recently is during a game my PC will either abruptly and randomly restart or the computer crashes sometimes with the blue screen Driver Random PC Display HELP!!! Crashes!!! Restarts Causing of death and the game returns to desktop with a referenced memory error also when the BSOD appears I get a disp dll file that has apparently caused the error I understand this is the display driver or part of it When the pc restarts it is as though the hard Display Driver Causing Random PC Restarts Crashes!!! HELP!!! drive is turning back on again as if it has been turned off When windows restarts I get the Microsoft error reporting window and when I have sent the error details it tells me that a device driver has caused the problem but the numpties at Microsoft cannot determine what one it is All drivers are up to date I have tried all different display drivers old and new I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure Display Driver Causing Random PC Restarts Crashes!!! HELP!!! out what is wrong and why it has been happening darth I have changed memory modules my graphics card PSU EVERYTHING And nothing seems to work The only thing I haven t tried is maybe try an ATI graphics card If you can shed any light on all this bable I have given you it would be most appreciated My system is as follows P GHz Mb DDR RAM MB GeForce FX XT GPU Gb Hard disk space Abit VT Mobo Windows XP with SP and all current updates from Microsoft Regards Matthew Vincent hotbounce nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/display-driver-causing-random-pc-restarts-crashes-help.20967/
Relevancy 47.73%

This continued from the previous thread I posted at http www bleepingcomputer com forums t spontaneous-multi-program-failurerestart-problem I did a repair install of windows with an In place crashes/BSOD program causing problem unknown upgrade and everything seemed to be working fine so I unknown problem causing program crashes/BSOD installed all the important windows updates and drivers that became uninstalled e g Intel rapid storage rapid start intel usb monitor Lenovo energy management driver bios upgrade all under the software unknown problem causing program crashes/BSOD support page on Lenovo's site It seemed to be working okay for a day but when I came back today after installing a few optional Microsoft security unknown problem causing program crashes/BSOD update fixes it started acting up again An error window would keep appearing upon startup wmpnsfg exe system error - click ok to terminate program and various programs will not launch chrome iTunes immediately crashes event viewer and even windows diagnostics will not launch Most recently BSODs would appear shortly after trying to launch event viewer Saying A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated with STOP x F I have restored it to when it was still working well with no effects and launching safe mode still does not allow app launching or event viewer launch I really can't figure what the source of this problem is please help I need my laptop for school so it is very urgent

A:unknown problem causing program crashes/BSOD

Your previous MiniToolBox results appeared to show you were simultaneously running two anti-virus programs at the same time: both AVG 2013 and Microsoft Security Essentials.  That will definitely cause serious system problems, and could even allow a virus to slip in while the two anti-virus programs are fighting each other.

Therefore, if you still have more than one anti-virus program installed now, recommend you fully uninstall both of them, then reinstall one and only one.

P.S.  I think the time setting on your computer is off by 15 minutes.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/552613/unknown-problem-causing-program-crashesbsod/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi there I m new to these forums and I m posting from a clean PC regarding an issue I m experiencing running my laptop which appears to be infected with a TDL rootkit The crashes & causing TDL4 Rootkit infection Possible redirects laptop runs Windows Vista and in the past two days has begun to cause Google redirects as well as randomly crashing to a BSOD on occasion Before finding this forum I installed Microsoft Security Essentials and ran both a MalwareBytes and HitmanPro scan all three seemed to indicate possible rootkit infection but could not adequately clean the computer As requested here are my DDS logs DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run Possible TDL4 Rootkit infection causing redirects & crashes by Alex at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated DAC -C - B -BB - DA SP Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated ABEC DA -E C- F - B -AA E D BDD SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC Possible TDL4 Rootkit infection causing redirects & crashes A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Possible TDL4 Rootkit infection causing redirects & crashes Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware MsMpEng exe C Windows system Ati evxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf ae b e STacSV exe C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system Ati evxx exe C Windows SYSTEM WISPTIS EXE C Program Files Common Files microsoft shared ink TabTip exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows SYSTEM WISPTIS EXE C Program Files Common Files microsoft shared ink TabTip exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf ae b e aestsrv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Microsoft BingBar SeaPort EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows system Wacom Tablet exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system WTablet Wacom TabletUser exe C Windows system Wacom Tablet exe C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files Dell DataSafe Online DataSafeOnline exe C Program Files Dell MediaDirect PCMService exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader reader sl exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVD Serv exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files brs exe C Program Files Microsoft Xbox Accessories XBoxStat exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Users Alex Program Files DNA btdna exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files DellTPad ApMsgFwd exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files DellTPad HidFind exe C Program Files DellTPad Apntex exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft S... Read more

A:Possible TDL4 Rootkit infection causing redirects & crashes

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.

Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:
Download DDS and save it to your desktop

Link1
Link2
Link3

Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.

Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear:
DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?""just click on Cancel, then Accept".information and logs:In your next post I need the following

.logs from DDSlog from RKUnHookerlet me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/395281/possible-tdl4-rootkit-infection-causing-redirects-crashes/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have an Intel WiFi Link 5100 AGN and it keeps crashing my laptop. I would be working and my screen would freeze randomly and my computer would remain unresponsive. This only happens when I turn on my laptop's wireless card and put it to use.

I tried multiple drivers but the newer ones froze my computer faster. I recently did a fresh install of Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit and it still does the same.

Uninstalling the driver and rebooting while letting Windows install a default driver yields the same results.

Much help needed!

A:Intel WiFi Link 5100 AGN Causing Crashes

I'm having the exact same issues. It's driving me nuts! Have you had any luck in resolving this? I've just tried the latest drivers from Intel and it hasn't fixed it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/133822-intel-wifi-link-5100-agn-causing-crashes.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I am using a relatively new Dell Inspiron w Vista Lately it has been freezing with increased frequency typically while on the internet I'm using Firefox but there doesn't seem to be any problems At every startup however I get a message that says the there is a script error on the following page file C Program Files Dell Support Center sscommon common snapins shell ss shell htm config c c c cgs agent Do you want to continue running scripts on this page It seems to support crashes dell causing script frequent be a dell support script causing frequent crashes dell program but I have had a hard time finding any information on this error Could this be the reason for the frequent crashes I am currently using Trend Micro PC-Cillin and Malwarebytes AntiMalware and they haven't turned up anything out of the ordinary I consulted with a person at Dell support and they said it might be a problem with the built in webcam driver Really Anyone heard of this problem What can I do ANY help is appreciated thanks ahead of time -chemed

A:dell support script causing frequent crashes

Have you recently removed any programs? Have a look in the Event Viewer for errors that happened at the time of the script error

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/203032/dell-support-script-causing-frequent-crashes/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi So I m a girl in need of desperate help For months my computer has and screens - blue svchost.exe trojan causing crashes had svchost exe trojan I scanned svchost.exe trojan - causing blue screens and crashes and quot removed quot this trojan with Malwarebytes and it didn t bother me until recently oddly But it s cloaked itself as the real svchost exe which is located in System if I think I m right Not very good with computers This is the exact location - C Windows svchost exe I ve read everywhere about this Just today I tried to delete it with the command prompt but it didn t work I don t know if this trojan caused this but over the past days I got this other trojan and a dozen viruses which are now fixed and out of the way I ve been trying with Malwarebytes to remove this imposter svchost but to no avail It tells me it deletes them and then restarts my computer But when I start it back up again it s still there I ve even tried with other anti-viruses virus removers but none of them work I ve used Malwarebytes AVG Avast Avira and Speedy PC I ve tried to use others but after the quot free quot scan it said to remove I needed to pay And unfortunately I have no money This trojan has been causing me blue screens crashes and freezes whenever I am in normal mode I ve had to be in safe mode with networking for the last days It has also slowed my computer down considerably I ve only noticed a change in normal mode These are really the only effects it s been having on me I ve been poking around and apparently other people with this trojan have been having redirected searchs pop ups and audio ads I have had none of these If I don t take care of this thing soon my computer could be in jeopardy not that it already isn t Also I don t know if this could be related to the trojan in any way but during these last months as long as I ve had svchost exe trojan my ReCaptcha has not been working When I try to register log in to forums of any kind in particular I cannot because I can t even see the Captcha anti-bot letters to type It s very frustrating I managed to register onto this site just fine though There was one period of time maybe about a month it did work But about days ago it stopped again Right before my other viruses trojan became active I tried to get help from captcha itself thinking it could be a problem from them or from the browser but I got the Not Found Error while visiting their website I still can t view it This is not a browser issue and it is not an issue from them I m thinking the viruses have something to do with it but I m not entirely sure That s about all I can think of to say Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you so much for your time in advance One quick thing on my task manager there is a svchost exe that is not shown in the below log It uses up to k of memory The other svchost exe s aren t using near that much I ve identified that as the trojan but no matter how many times I end the process it always comes back So the virus is there just letting you know Thanks DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD NETWORK Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Zoey at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Updated A B -DEE -F A-FBCD-ADB C F SP AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Updated E A -F D -F D -C D- C DBE F D SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system ctfmon exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe -netsvcs C Windows system conhost exe C Windows SysWOW ctfmon exe C Windows SysWOW cmd exe C Windows system conh... Read more

A:svchost.exe trojan - causing blue screens and crashes

Greetings and Welcome to The Forums!!My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. I have put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of usPlease do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster. NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of hartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer. NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.Security CheckDownload Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.Run Combofix:You may be asked to install or update the Recovery Console (Win XP Only) if this happens please allow it to do so (you will need to be connected to the internet for this)Before you run Combofix I will need you to turn off any security software you have running, If you do not know how to do this you can find out >here< or >here<Combofix may need to reboot your computer more than once to do its job this is normal.You can download Combofix from one of these links.Link 1Link 2Link 3 1. Close any open browsers or any other programs that are open.2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts. When finished, it will produce a report for you. Note 1: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote 2: If you recieve an error "Illegal operation attempted on a registery key that has been marked for deletion." Please restart the computer"information and logs"In your next post I need the following
Log from Combofixlet me know of any problems you may have had
How is the computer doing now?Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/459716/svchostexe-trojan-causing-blue-screens-and-crashes/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello I hope this is the right forum for this I am running Windows XP Home I ve been having this problem on and off for a while rundll32 pictures' and causing 'My crashes folder explorer now and I can t seem to get rid of it or even figure out what is causing it It does not happen every time but most times If I open explorer and click on the My Pictures folder the contents of the folder 'My pictures' folder causing rundll32 and explorer crashes will appear briefly then disappear The bottom of the window will say quot Scanning searching for items quot and it won t do anything Pressing Alt Ctrl Del I see that quot explorer exe quot is taking up around - Mb of memory A similar thing happens when I try and access the quot My Pictures quot folder from anywhere else In some of these cases it is quot rundll quot that suddenly seems to use Mb of RAM I have tried virus scans of various sorts defrag scan disk registry error checking spyware scans pretty much everything I could think of I don t believe it s the fault of the contents of the folder because an exact copy resides on my external harddisk and works perfectly Could it be a physical problem with my harddrive Or is there anything else software related I can try Cheers nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi there PC is Windows XP Professional SP Intel Core CPU GHz GHz GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce Driver Version Problem Stuttering, Causing Audio - (Driver?) Crashes DirectX My problem is with audio or decoding it or something Flash streaming like YouTube etc works fine Listening to MP works fine through Winamp But when trying to run a video Audio (Driver?) Problem - Stuttering, Causing Crashes file through VLC the video works great but the audio is very choppy and garbled like it would be when it's not been encoded properly you can't make anything out the way it should sound at all I have tried AVI amp MP and a few Audio (Driver?) Problem - Stuttering, Causing Crashes other file types all with the same result This also occurs in many cutscenes in games if they are pre-made video files that are then loaded and not 'in-engine' footage and also seems to be crashing some games every ten minutes or so Some games Fallout Oblivion etc have also been crashing and the music cannot play it tries to but stutters and repeats the start of the song while the rest of the game continues working fine If I disable music the games work as normal again for a while before crashing usually when particular sounds play I have tried installing the K-Lite codec pack but it does not seem to be used by the programs which are crashing or having issues as though something else is taking priority and not working properly Thanks in advance for any ideas I am not very knowledgeable about audio at all Realtek seems to be running okay and displays this info

A:Audio (Driver?) Problem - Stuttering, Causing Crashes

I would assume that you have had XP for a long time with no video problems, right? When did this start, did you make changes to the system, etc?
Does Windows Media Player work ok?
Have you tried a different video player, like Media Player Classic Home Cinema?

**First thing, make an image backup on an external drive for safety before troubleshooting; it may be hard to find the system drivers for an older unit like yours.

My XP Pro system is running Direct X 9.0c, try checking if you have the latest version.
Another thing you can do is use a scanner like Hijack This to see what is loading on your system; you may have adware/spyware interfering.
Another thing: are you running  a separate sound card, or do you have integrated sound? If a card, check for updated drivers for it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/606719/audio-driver-problem-stuttering-causing-crashes/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have two issues that I hope you can assist me with nbsp The first paragraph below is for the first issue nbsp The second paragraph below is return 15t-K000 S... HP Hinge and to HP Envy repair Parts parts for the second issue nbsp I appreciate any assistance you could provide nbsp On I placed an order for a new display back cover and a set of hinges in the HP Parts Store nbsp My HP personal information removed nbsp Total order cost in US dollars nbsp I paid for the parts already via credit card and the parts were delivered to me nbsp A friend of mine repairs laptops as a full time occupation nbsp She was planning to help me repair the broken laptop hinge and replace HP Envy 15t-K000 Hinge repair and return parts to HP Parts S... the back cover so part of the replacement hinge would be protected when I transport the computer nbsp Unfortunately my friend found out that her sister was diagnosed with terminal cancer after I received the parts from the HP Parts Store nbsp My friend has been spending lots of time caring for her ill sister and her elderly parents in their s nbsp She is unable to help me repair the right hinge and back cover of my laptop nbsp The parts have not been touched and they are still in the boxes nbsp I would like to return the parts and receive a credit applied to my charge account however the HP return policy states that parts must be returned in days nbsp The HP Parts Store also charges a restocking fee nbsp Can you assist with this return transaction nbsp I would prefer to not pay the restocking fee nbsp nbsp nbsp I would still like to have the laptop hinge repaired so that the laptop can close properly and be portable nbsp Aside from the right hinge not closing and the plastic parts missing from both sides of the hinge the laptop is still functional and I like the touchscreen nbsp The laptop is two years old and is no longer covered by the standard one year HP warranty nbsp On this forum I saw that you assisted Mike Amondo with a similar repair for at an HP authorized repair center nbsp Can you contact the HP Authorized repair center group and help me get the same repair price nbsp If the repair center sends me a box I can ship them the laptop nbsp nbsp

A:HP Envy 15t-K000 Hinge repair and return parts to HP Parts S...

@Springboard1

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Envy-15t-K000-Hinge-repair-and-return-parts-to-HP-Parts/td-p/5699033
Relevancy 47.73%
A:Switch HPG60 parts with Sony vaio PCG-3F3L Parts

I guess that would depend on what "parts" you're talking about.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/switch-hpg60-parts-with-sony-vaio-pcg-3f3l-parts.951578/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have my CD collection burned onto my hard drive In an Crashes Hidden Causing Folders Viewing in Music Files effort to save space I want to delete all the album art and thumbnail info from each individual folder since I don't use this function at all in Windows Explorer And since I plan on transferring all these files to disc I don't want to transfer these extraneous files along with the mp files The problem is any time I even so much as LOOK at the hidden album art files in each folder whatever program I'm using to look at them crashes Windows Explorer will show the files but as soon as I click on them I get the quot has caused an error and must close down quot dialog and mentions an error with ntdll dll The Search function simply closes down as soon as it finds the first couple of items with no error message at all Nero my burning program also closes down without an error message if I try to select one of the hidden files to delete it from the list of files to be burned I Viewing Hidden Files in Music Folders Causing Crashes even downloaded a third-party file viewer and it hanged when I tried to select one of these files Hidden files in other folders do not cause this problem it's only the hidden files related to the music CDs I've tried every fix I can find -- I've run Spybot Spyware Blaster and AdAware multiple times cleared out caches tried accessing the files in safe mode you name it The only solution that works is for me to go into the command prompt and remove the files manually with the DEL function but we're talking over folders and that's just not something I want to slog through Besides I should be able to view files in Explorer without it crashing Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated I've pasted the Hijack This start-up log -- if any other info would be helpful just let me know Thanks StartupList report AM StartupList version Started from C Program Files HijackThis EXE Detected Windows XP SP WinNT Detected Internet Explorer v SP Using default options Including empty and uninteresting sections Showing rarely important sections Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C WINDOWS system drivers KodakCCS exe C WINDOWS runservice exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System ScsiAccess EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Keyboard type exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Creative SBPCI k AudioHQ AHQTB EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files Support com bin tgcmd exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Linksys WMP Config Utility WMP CFG exe C WINDOWS system devldr exe C WINDOWS system drwtsn exe C WINDOWS system drwtsn exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C PROGRA Office OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files HijackThis exe -------------------------------------------------- Listing of startup folders Shell folders Startup C Documents and Settings Richard Start Menu Programs Startup No files Shell folders AltStartup Folder not found User shell folders Startup Folder not found User shell folders AltStartup Folder not found Shell folders Common Startup C Documents and Settings All Users Start Menu Programs Startup Wireless PCI Card Configuration Utility lnk C Program Files Linksys WMP Config Utility WMP CFG exe Shell folders Common AltStartup Folder not found User shell folders Common Startup Folder not found User shell folders Alternate Common Startup Folder not found -------------------------------------------------- Checking Windows NT UserInit HKLM Software Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Winlogon UserInit C WINDOWS System Userinit exe HKLM Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Winlogon Registry key not found HKCU Software Microsoft Win... Read more

A:Viewing Hidden Files in Music Folders Causing Crashes

WOW, definitely WAY too much info here.

All you need to do is follow this instruction. Don't get fancy when creating/saving the log. Just Scan and then Save Log (same button).

Re-post that please. Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/viewing-hidden-files-in-music-folders-causing-crashes-24094.html
Relevancy 47.3%

My stupid LG cell phone is listed along with may harddrives in windows explorer. As far as I can tell, it serves no function being there, but whenever I accidntally click on it, explorer crashes. How can I remove it?

A:LG cell phone listed along with hard drives - causing crashes...

When you first plugged it in, I would think Windows Update installed a driver. Maybe you should see if LG has software for it. The phone should show up as a removable device, in explorer. My Windows phone does.

It may or may not be the best idea, but it can be uninstalled in Device manager. But I believe it should show up when connected. But, as I said, it can be uninstalled. Right click the LG phone and select uninstall. I would try the Update Driver first, though.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/334549-lg-cell-phone-listed-along-hard-drives-causing-crashes.html
Relevancy 47.3%

My wife s Dell Inspiron running Vista Home Premium ServicePack Vista Open on blue my crashes? causing Is screen Office has been experiencing intermittent annoying blue screen crashes for months I ve been trying to solve it without success so yesterday I decided to use Dell s restoration feature to roll everything back to it s original factory configuration after saving data of Is my Open Office on Vista causing blue screen crashes? course And then add Is my Open Office on Vista causing blue screen crashes? software one at a time until it crashed I downloaded all the Vista Updates and IE Everythingworked great all evening for surfing with only Windows and IE loaded plus AVG antivirus This morning I downloaded Open Office set up file sharing and transferred documents back from my XP desktop and also set up the printer which is on my wireless home network After I printed a test sheet which printed fine I got my first blue screen crash Here is the report roblem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Files that help describe the problem some files may no longer be available Mini - dmp sysdata xml Version txt View a temporary copy of these files Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of the files could harm your computer Extra information about the problem BCCode e BCP C BCP C F E BCP B C D BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Server information f ddc - d - b -a - bbd d a What should my next step be Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

Hello and welcome to Firefox ...search(dot)php IE redirect and MS crashes Outlook causing and and to Virus Chrome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times and we are trying our best Virus causing IE and Firefox to redirect to ...search(dot)php and crashes Chrome and MS Outlook to keep up Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked Our mission is to help everyone in need but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help No one is ignored here If you have since resolved the original problem you were having we would appreciate you letting us know If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine If Virus causing IE and Firefox to redirect to ...search(dot)php and crashes Chrome and MS Outlook you have not done so include a clear description of the problems you're having along with any steps you may have performed so far Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware If you have already posted a DDS log please do so again as your situation may have changed Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread Thanks and again sorry for the delay We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine Please perform the following scan Download DDS by sUBs from Virus causing IE and Firefox to redirect to ...search(dot)php and crashes Chrome and MS Outlook one of the following links Save it to your desktop DDS scrDDS pifDouble click on the DDS icon allow it to run A small box will open with an explaination about the tool No input is needed the scan is running Notepad will open with the results Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results Close the program window and delete the program from your desktop Please note You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run After downloading the tool disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection Run the scan enable your A V and reconnect to the internet Information on A V control HEREPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file Recommended Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first If you use this mirror please extract the zip file to your desktop Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver Double-click on the randomly named GMER file i e n gmo c exe and allow the gmer sys driver to load if asked Note If you downloaded the zipped version extract the file to its own folder such as C gmer and then double-click on gmer exe GMER will open to the Rootkit Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run do not use the computer while the scan is in progress If you receive a WARNING about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system click NO Now click the Scan button If you see a rootkit warning window click OK When the scan is finished click the Save button to save the scan results to your Desktop Save the file as gmer log Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done -- If you encounter any problems try running GMER in Safe Mode

A:Virus causing IE and Firefox to redirect to ...search(dot)php and crashes Chrome and MS Outlook

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.If you need this topic reopened, please PM a staff member and we will reopen it for you (include the address of this thread in your request). This applies to the original topic starter only. Everyone else with similar problems, please start a new topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/324411/virus-causing-ie-and-firefox-to-redirect-to-searchdotphp-and-crashes-chrome-and-ms-outlook/
Relevancy 46.87%

Logfile of HijackThis disabling firewall and trojan Solved: win32 crashes random causing v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C Solved: win32 trojan causing random crashes and disabling firewall PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files ewido anti-malware ewidoctrl exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm Solved: win32 trojan causing random crashes and disabling firewall exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C Program Files Creative SBAudigy DVDAudio CTDVDDet EXE C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C Program Files ATI Technologies Solved: win32 trojan causing random crashes and disabling firewall ATI ACE cli exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C Program Files Avant Browser avant exe C Documents and Settings Bam Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cus sbcydsl http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults sp sbcydsl http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults su sbcydsl http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cus sbcydsl http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults sp sbcydsl http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults su sbcydsl http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page about blank O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO UberButton Class - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo common yiesrvc dll O - BHO YahooTaggedBM Class - D A - CA - B-BB - D EFB A - C Program Files Yahoo common YIeTagBm dll O - BHO SidebarAutoLaunch Class - F AA - - -B C -A CCDF CBF D - C Program Files Yahoo browser YSidebarIEBHO dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run CTSysVol C Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe O - HKLM Run CTDVDDet C Program Files Creative SBAudigy DVDAudio CTDVDDet EXE O - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXE O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run ATICCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe quot runtime O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run BCMSMMSG BCMSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run YBrowser C PROGRA Yahoo browser ybrwicon exe O - HKLM Run HostManager C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run WinampAgent C Program Files Winamp winampa exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ypager exe quot -quiet O - HKCU Run Aim quot C Program Files Common Files AOL Launch AOLLaunch e... Read more

Relevancy 46.87%

My son s virus protection was out of date so I decided to install Microsoft Security Essentials MSE to handle virus protection I run present is network when causing system cable Malware Potential crashes MSE on Potential Malware causing system crashes when network cable is present other machines without issue He does a lot of gaming on his machine and I was astounded by the amount of junk he has installed I attempted to uninstall Norton and it appeared to complete but hung at complete I downloaded a Norton removal tool and it ran without issue Then I installed MSE After the install it attempted the download the latest virus definitions and immediately hung I Potential Malware causing system crashes when network cable is present rebooted and when it came back up I could not start MSE It loaded but Potential Malware causing system crashes when network cable is present told me it could not start because the service was not installed I uninstalled and installed again This time it downloaded the updates started a scan and the computer hung I started in Safe mode but couldn t get it started I then disconnected the web cam and the network cable and rebooted again This time it started up and MSE came up without issue I ran a quick virus scan without issue I then connected the network cable and the system immediately hung I rebooted with the cable connected and it hung during startup Following the guidance on posting I ran the DDS program without issue When I went to run the RootRepeal program I got a blue screen saying Windows was shutting down because of a page read error in a non-page area I tried running RootRepeal again and it got to where I press the quot Scan quot button then the program hung I waited minutes just in case but it was hung I tried to start it in safe mode and got the same sequence first the blue screen then the program hangs I could not get a RootRepeal log Any insights into what is going on would be appreciated Thanks DDS Log-----------DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Mark at on Wed Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system nvvsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k rpcssc Program Files Microsoft Security Essentials MsMpEng exeC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system SLsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system rundll exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exec Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exeC Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroupC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exeC Program Files Common Files Pure Networks Shared Platform nmsrvc exeC hp support hpsysdrv exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows System rundll exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exeC Program Files Common Files Pure Networks Shared Platform nmctxth exeC Program Files Pure Networks Network Magic nmapp exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Microsoft Security Essentials msseces exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exeC Windows ehome ehmsas exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exec Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Health Check hphc service exeC Windows ... Read more

A:Potential Malware causing system crashes when network cable is present

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREElle

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/284871/potential-malware-causing-system-crashes-when-network-cable-is-present/
Relevancy 46.87%

Did a rollback and problem stopped . Microsoft then reinstalled the updates and also straight away the problem started again. Has Microsoft come up with an answer to this annoying problem My lap is only a few months old HP Pavillion.

A:Windows 10 anniversary update causing blue screen crashes and restart.

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question Did a rollback and problem stopped . Microsoft then reinstalled the updates and also straight away the problem started again. Has Microsoft come up with an answer to this annoying problem My lap is only a few months old HP Pavillion. New Hp notebooks are fully compatible with AU.
Check code errors if availabe and ask Google and Microsoft support community.
I can suggest you downloading the Windows Media Tool for using the full updated iso for upgrading, instead direct updates, even without using usb keys or dvds

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436741-windows-10-anniversary-update-causing-blue-screen-crashes-restart.html
Relevancy 46.44%

So I m planning on building my new PC and have found a list of all of the parts parts/best Solved: own for build? Compatible parts that I would like to purchase This will be my first build and wanted to check that A all these parts are compatible and B that these are the best parts I can get for the money To clarify I will be using the PC for mainly gaming and Photoshop other design work The prices below are Solved: Compatible parts/best parts for own build? the best prices I could find online too Budget is about Tower - Antec Nine Hundred Ultimate Gamer Case - Power Supply - Corsair Watt CX V Builder Solved: Compatible parts/best parts for own build? Series Plus Power Supply - CPU - Intel Core i K - Motherboard - ASRock Z Extreme - RAM - Patriot G Series Sector Edition Solved: Compatible parts/best parts for own build? GB - Graphics card - Sapphire RADEON HD - Hard drive - Western Digital Caviar Black TB - Think this all I will need apart from a disc drive any other hidden costs parts that I am missing out too Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

Help, Just put this system together, everything seems to work great, Supermicro server board with 2 3.2 gig dual core Xeon cpu, 8 gig ram NVIDA gforce 8400 gs 512 meg dual display. system gives me no trouble at all. regardless of how many tasks and windows open , but if i open windows live mail and try to send a reply or open and email with graphics screen goes black almost instantly, flickers than in a few seconds will give me BSOD saying attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a time out failed and dumps mem and reboots. have tried everything I can think of short of a video card. Have a new video card on the way, 64 bit ATI 2 gig PCI-X 1 will see if this fixes the problem. will post with results.

A:Windows live mail causing display driver fail, system crashes

New card solved the problem

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/268312-windows-live-mail-causing-display-driver-fail-system-crashes.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Before you throw out your old, dead hard drives, dismantle them and recover the magnets inside.

Some of the most powerful magnets known to man are inside.

A couple of cute little motors too, but they don't like to come out easily.

A:Fun parts inside old parts

I agree, just don't put the magnets together with your fingers in the middle of them !

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fun-parts-inside-old-parts.97045/
Relevancy 40.85%

I don't Firefox crashes, Infected? avast! XP crashes, Sygate - crashes crashes, know whether I have a malware problem or a hard-drive-in-death-throes problem or what But I figured it was best to start here so if it's not a virus I can go over to the XP forum with that ruled out Over the past few months my desktop has been steadily driving me nuts First it began giving me BSODs at random intervals anything from a day to a month apart Currently about once every three weeks The most common error is x E but I've also had x x x A x E PFN LIST CORRUPT x F x A IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and x PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Usually it crashes at startup but it has taken as much as twenty minutes I've tried defragging the hard drive using a registry cleaner and replacing Sygate firewall see below but nothing appears to have worked Then Sygate starting occasionally crashing XP crashes, Sygate crashes, Firefox crashes, avast! crashes - Infected? while I was online I replaced it with PC Tools free firewall which hasn't had any problems Yet Somewhere in the last several months hard to say whether it was before or after Sygate and the BSODs it seems to have been creeping up for a while Firefox developed an increasing tendency to hang It reached the point XP crashes, Sygate crashes, Firefox crashes, avast! crashes - Infected? where it was basically non-functional for a good quarter hour after connecting During that time doing anything - maximising or minimising windows accessing the start menu - took forever Then Firefox started crashing - constantly I worked my way through the official troubleshooting guide clean install plug-ins disabled extensions disabled before conceding defeat and reluctantly going back to IE Twice last week avast switched itself off while I was online and refused to restart until the computer did I've been getting an abnormally high number of warning bubbles stating that Windows is low on virtual memory and is going to increase the virtual memory paging file And on top of all that the taskbar clock in my account but only my account has reset itself to -hour time and I have no idea how to change it back What is going on N B I don't have access to a Windows boot disk DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by One at on Mon Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT AV avast Antivirus On-access scanning enabled Updated DB - F - A -B - A FD D FW PC Tools Firewall Plus enabled ABBD - A - B D- E- D AE D Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files PC Tools Firewall Plus FWService exe C WINDOWS system slserv exe C Program Files Spyware Terminator sp rsser exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system VTTimer exe C WINDOWS system VTtrayp exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS sm hlpr exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Spyware Terminator SpywareTerminatorShield exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast avastUI exe C Program Files PC Tools Firewall Plus FirewallGUI exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C Documents and Settings One Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www powerup com au BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB Easy-WebPrint c -e d- c -aa d- ac baba c - c program files canon easy-webprint Toolband dll TB CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - No File TB B EA- - DC -A FC- F D - ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/xp-crashes-sygate-crashes-firefox-crashes-avast-crashes-infected-507073.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Please check my specs out and help with this problem!! This happends if i surf the web once i turn my computer on, when I do regular tasks on the computer. Please check my computer specs and see what could cause this random shutdown. Thank you guys!
P.S. I have a Dell Monitor M770 .. Thank you.

A:Intermittent Shutdown Causing ATI2DVAG.DLL Infinite Loop Causing Dump of Physical Mem

Could be a heat issue. Recenty with the same processor the problem existed, adding a case fane eliminated the problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intermittent-shutdown-causing-ati2dvag-dll-infinite-loop-causing-dump-of-physical-mem.490974/
Relevancy 39.56%

I must have opened something online or downloaded something I shouldn't have because these two issues are brand new and they're pissing me off! I could use some help. About to go to bed because I've spent too much time tonight trying to figure it out and coming up with nothing.

Anyone have any idea about either of my fun new issues?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/626377/trigoexe-is-causing-high-cpu-usage-and-audiodgexe-is-causing-audio-ads/
Relevancy 33.11%

At the moment it sounds like im sitting beside a colony of bees and a few 1200 rpm cars. Im seeking to reduce the noise definetly, but what parts cause the most noise?

3.0ghz Intel P4
ATi AIW 9800pro
p4p800-e mobo
Not sure there are other fans, dont wanna check, last time i opened case i made quiet a few problems....

I know my processor has a loud fan and my vid card is ok i guess. Can you swap fans/heatsinks? Also, my case is pretty generic would getting a different case (like antec) make it quiter? When i play music or games my volume dethrones the annoying droning, but when im just browsing the web i can here oh so clearly.