Windows Support Forum

Windows 7 computer says connect via ethernet and ping confirms but cannot get to any page

Q: Windows 7 computer says connect via ethernet and ping confirms but cannot get to any page

I have a Windows 7 HP desktop system that is connected to the internet via an ethernet cable. The system says it is connected, and a ping confirms it is accessing the internet. BUT, all the browsers say the computer is not connected to the internet (tried Chrome, Firefox and IE). All of the Microsoft network adapters (6to4, ISATAP adapter, ISATAP adapter #2, Teredo Tunneling Adapter) shown under device manager cannot start (Code 10). the Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller is the only network adapter shown as working properly. What do I need to do to fix this? Let me know if there is any other information needed to help me.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows 7 computer says connect via ethernet and ping confirms but cannot get to any page

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows 7 computer says connect via ethernet and ping confirms but cannot get to any page

Does your router see this computer on the network?
Are you on Private Network or Home Network?
Is the IP address showing 192.168.x.x or is it showing 169.xx.xx.xx?

NIC network card you can do a few things. You can can disable it and re-able it.
Open dos prompt
type: ipconfig /flushdns
type: ipconfig /release
type: ipconfig /renew

Give this a sec or two.

Now under services.msc (use the control panel and type services)
Select view local services
Scroll down for
DHCP Client (right click and stop it) wait then right click and start it
DNS Client (right click and stop it) wait then right click and start it

If none of the above work go into the device manager. under control panel type: device manager. click on device manager

-Network adapters
-Realtek PCI-e this one uninstall the drivers (BUT DO NOT DELETE THEM)

Two options here.
One: Scan computer for new hardware changes
Two: Reboot the PC

Choose Two, because Windows will re-install the drivers and setup network card settings. for you. The Choosing One would do that same but you really want to flush out any prior issues that got you to this point.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-computer-says-connect-via-ethernet-and-ping-confirms-but-cannot-get-to-any-page.207373/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi I have a problem that I haven t been able to track down I m on a Windows Media edition operating system Version SP The ethernet cable is other to connect ping computer. any or Cannot attached Cannot ping or connect to any other computer. to the motherboard intel V I ve used several routers and am having the same problem Currently I have a Linksys WRT My provider is Time Warner Road Runner I ve also tried this with another Linksys router and a Netgear I am getting the following configuration when attaching to the network Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix kc rr com Description Intel R V Network Conn ction Physical Address - -F -CB- F-E Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Cannot ping or connect to any other computer. Servers Lease Obtained Sunday January PM Lease Expires Monday January PM I have VMWare Workstation that I occasionally run on the same computer Usually it is Win but currently I ve booted up a Win XP Pro Image Regardless I always have no problem reaching the internet and other computers Here is my ethernet connection information for the vmware image Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix kc rr com Description VMware Accelerated AMD PCNet Adapte Physical Address - C- - -E - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Sunday January PM Lease Expires Monday Cannot ping or connect to any other computer. January PM From my host computer when I ping the DNS servers I get that they are unreachable From the VMWare image when I ping the DNS server I get that they are reachable When I try to open my router page from a browser I am able to from the VMWare image and unable to from the host computer I ve recently reinstalled my driver for internet on the host Also I cannot connect with my wireless adapter on the host But I have not usually done that in the past so I don t have anything to compare to for it Thanks Tom P nbsp

A:Cannot ping or connect to any other computer.

The problem is that no Default Gateway was assigned; very unusual. Try the following repairs and show another ipconfig /al please.

(From a JohnWill post)

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2 or SP3.

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-ping-or-connect-to-any-other-computer.894981/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello everyone this is my very first post to any forum ever I am the new IT guy at a small company We had our Win DC DNS DHCP VPN server fail and had to reinstall reconfigure server Now it is back can't ping/access some Solved: Can computer computers! but VPN from connect to remote to being the DC DNS DHCP VPN but we have a few VPN problems Remote users can establish VPN connection through PPTP and can connect to most of the resources on the Solved: Can connect to VPN from remote computer but can't ping/access some computers! network There are a few machines accounting server my workstation computer maybe others that I haven t checked that I can t ping or remote into or access shares on What s up with that Any help THANK YOU need anything else I will oblige PDQ You are all my romodel incoming internet looks like this DSL Solved: Can connect to VPN from remote computer but can't ping/access some computers! modem xx xx -- gt DSL Router xx xx amp x -- gt CiscoPIX x -- gt Default GW x -- gt VPN server x Here is the ipconfig all for my remote workstation connected to the VPN C Documents and Settings Owner gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name home Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List domainname com Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description HP EN D-TX PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter Physical Address - -B - -E -F Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address x Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers xx xx Lease Obtained Tuesday November AM Lease Expires Wednesday November AM PPP adapter Travelmore VPN Connection-specific DNS Suffix domainname com Description WAN PPP SLIP Interface Physical Address - - - - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address x Subnet Mask Default Gateway x same as IP DNS Servers Primary WINS Server Secondary WINS Server nbsp

A:Solved: Can connect to VPN from remote computer but can't ping/access some computers!

Thanks, guess this is a crappy forum. No reason I couldn't at least get a "Need more Info" or maybe a "You won't get a solution for this here". In case anyone else has this problem, the solution is here (I don't want to give this crappy site my solution).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-can-connect-to-vpn-from-remote-computer-but-cant-ping-access-some-computers.962907/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi,

I have two Desktop PC which each have an ethernet card. I would like to connect both of them and to make a LAN without going though a hub or router. Just connect them directly. Is this possible?

Thanks for any helps

A:Connect two Computer via Ethernet

You want to buy a Ethernet Crossover Cable whch is then used to connect the two comnputers simpy by pluging each end into the Ethernet Cable slot on each machine

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connect-two-computer-via-ethernet.107968/
Relevancy 59.77%

How can I ping point to point, or ethernet to ethernet when there is no IP address assigned? Is that possible? I tried using a MAC address with Ping but that did not work. In this case its a PC to a ethernet to 100BaseF (fiber) conversion and I want to send pings to test the link (no other routers or switches involved, just point to point). Any insight appreciated

A:How Ping Ethernet to Ethernet when no IP address?

Nope, PING is a OSI level three function, it doesn't work for MAC addresses.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-ping-ethernet-to-ethernet-when-no-ip-address.800090/
Relevancy 59.34%

Again I state that I m learning about networks as I go And I have computer ethernet network One computer has Win xp os and the other Vista os Win xp is the host It has dsl and printer hooked to it Each computer can see each other and talk to each other Vista connect through Can't to ethernet network dsl 2 computer can use the printer on Win xp But it can t connect to dsl internet connection on Win xp In network connection on Win xp it says --Verizon Online Connected Shared-- Can't connect to dsl through 2 computer ethernet network In network connection on Vista it says --Broadband Connection Disconnected WAN Miniport PPPOE -- On Win xp in network connections under details it says --Verizon Online Broadband Connected Shared WAN Miniport PPPOE IP Address Subnet Mask Assigned by Service Provider-- Whenever I try to connect to the internet on Vista it gives me an error Can't connect to dsl through 2 computer ethernet network message --Broadband network connection could not be Can't connect to dsl through 2 computer ethernet network established on your computer because the remote server is not responding This could be caused by an invalid value for the Service Name field for this connection-- Can someone help me please nbsp

A:Can't connect to dsl through 2 computer ethernet network

Try turning off the firewall in the host machine

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-dsl-through-2-computer-ethernet-network.89719/
Relevancy 59.34%

Again I state that I m learning about networks as I go And I have connect ethernet Can't dsl to 2 through network computer computer ethernet network One Can't connect to dsl through 2 computer ethernet network computer has Win xp os and the other Vista os Win xp is the host It has dsl and printer hooked to it Each computer can see each other and talk to each other Vista can use the printer on Win xp But it can t connect to dsl internet connection on Win xp In network connection on Win xp it says --Verizon Online Connected Shared-- In network connection on Vista it says --Broadband Connection Disconnected WAN Miniport PPPOE -- On Win xp in network connections under details it says --Verizon Online Broadband Connected Shared WAN Miniport PPPOE IP Address Subnet Mask Assigned by Service Provider-- Whenever I try to connect to the internet on Vista it gives me an error message --Broadband network connection could not be established on your computer because the remote server is not responding This could be caused by an invalid value for the Service Name field for this connection-- Can someone help me please nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

This issue just started today after ethernet Desktop through not connect will computer a couple years of working fine I have a modem and a router I connect the ethernet from the modem to the router which then provides wireless I then also have an ethernet cable from the router to the computer This always provided Desktop computer will not connect through ethernet a wired connection and has always worked For some reason today the Desktop computer will not connect through ethernet wireless connection works for all laptop computers but the wired connect from the router to my desktop does not work It just shows something is wrong with the internet connection and has a yellow caution sign I restarted the modem and router multiple times I also tried to connect the ethernet directly from the modem to my computer That does not work either Again the internet works fine wirelessly just not to my wired connection Here is a couple screenshots from the desktop computer I disabled firewall UPDATE Wired connection is working in safe mode Strange Will update when i run malwarebytes in case

A:Desktop computer will not connect through ethernet

The wireless configuration does not show...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/247440-desktop-computer-will-not-connect-through-ethernet.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hey but Windows via Can cannot browser web ping - connect XP all I m having a pretty strange problem with one of my computers running XP w SP Had a nasty piece of malware on the computer that was coming up even in Can ping but cannot connect via web browser - Windows XP safe mode and was finally able to get rid of it using Can ping but cannot connect via web browser - Windows XP malwarebytes and now the system is clean However I can t seem to connect to the internet using Firefox Internet Explorer Google Chrome etc when I start up in normal mode If I restart into Safe Mode w Networking then I have no problem Now here s the kicker to this whole thing Windows is reporting that everything is fine and that I should have a connection to the internet If I go to the command prompt and ping something such as google com it comes back with a response every time I uninstalled my Webroot Anti-virus with Anti-Spyware software to make sure it was not causing any problems and when I went to reinstall it the software reinstalled successfully and was even able to update itself So I know for a fact that I have some kind of internet connection but for some reason my browsers can t connect to anything I ve uninstalled and reinstalled the network adapter reset my tcp ip settings ran winsockxp fix checked for proxy settings in both firefox and Internet Explorer completely reset internet explorer to all of its default settings reinstalled firefox checked msconfig to make sure there weren t any conflicting services or programs that were starting up that could be causing the problem disabled windows firewall and I still am having problems I ve checked online everywhere and some people have suggested running sfc scannow to make sure my windows system files are intact but I am weary of running the utility since I have had problems with it in the past when it has found problems had one computer I ran it on for some problem and after that kept getting BSOD s over and over and had to reformat So does anyone else have any other suggestions other than reformat If not does anyone have a shotgun I could borrow for a little bit I just need a couple of shells and minutes with it Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Can ping but cannot connect via web browser - Windows XP

sounds like you have done most things

I would try a clean boot http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796
see if it will network, with all processes/startups (apart from MS - see link)
if so then you knwo it is a process/startup
If not

then may post a HJT log into the malware forum, something may still be on the PC

Are you connecting via a LAN / Wireless or tried both
I assume other PCs are working OK on the router/modem - post make and models of these

can you at least post back here the following - one in safemode with networking and then again with a full boot
make sure we know wich is which
Any chance its a DNS issue - post below ping test should tell us
{ipconfig /all}
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all

-> Start > run {search bar in Vista} > cmd > ipconfig /all
post back the results here
TWO Methods to do that - if you cannot access the internet with PC, then use method 2 to copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Method ONE -------------------------------------------------------------
start > run {search bar in Vista} > cmd > ipconfig /all

rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Method TWO -------------------------------------------------------------

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

IPCONFIG /ALL >C:\RESULT.TXT

Open C:\RESULT.TXT with Notepad and copy/paste the entire results here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

{Ping Tests}

Ping google.com
Post back the results

rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.191.93.53
post back results

--------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-ping-but-cannot-connect-via-web-browser-windows-xp.892993/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi i've had my laptop for a little over a month now and just now it's decided to stop connecting to the internet It won't recognize anything when I Computer ethernet internet will through not or wirelessly to connect plug in my ethernet cable yet when I plug it into my xbox or desktop they both connect to the internet so it isn't the cable the internet or the router Computer will not connect to internet through ethernet or wirelessly So I figured ok that sucks but if I just connect it wirelessly it should be Computer will not connect to internet through ethernet or wirelessly ok right So i went out and bought a wireless router configured it yet my computer won't detect it the wireless network Not only will it not detect the one I set up I can't get it to see any wireless networks even protected ones like my neighbours I borrowed my dads laptop and it connected to the network withou problem So simply put i'm stumped as I never tried to connect wirelessly before today because I never needed to However I also borrowed his usb rocket stick type thing telus not rodgers though and I can get on the internet using that This is my last resort before I take it into a computer shop who will of course make me pay out of my ass Help mjjfdg

A:Computer will not connect to internet through ethernet or wirelessly

Many laptops have Fn/hotkeys to turn on/off WiFi, Bluetooth, Ethernet... some, if the BIOS has been updated, will even default to leaving these facilities disabled. Failing that the only thing which comes to mind is that you have not got the drivers for these devices installed correctly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/202850-computer-will-not-connect-internet-through-ethernet-wirelessly.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I need to set up a web server and sql 200 server on my windows xp mode virtual pc.

I cannot ping the windows xp mode virtual pc from windows 7, bit I CAN ping the windows 7 IP from the windows xp mode virtual pc

There is not anitvirus running on the windows xp mode virtual pc (yet) and I tried disabling the xp firewall which made no difference. It is so far a very plain vanilla install.

What to do?

Thanks!

A:ping/connect to windows xp mode virtual pc

I have a virtual pc running XP and it does ping the W7 but from W7 I can't ping the XP virtual machine. I need to do that to use tools installed on W7 using the oracle database installed on the xp virtual machine.
Thanks for any help

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/41028-ping-connect-windows-xp-mode-virtual-pc.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Alright so I have two Windows computers, my laptop being Vista and my home network computer which is connected directly to the router is XP and then there is a Mac but I don't think it would interfere.
So basically whenever I look at my connection it says it's connected to "Unidentified Network" (Then my router name) and it says the access is local only.
I don't know how this happened, I've been connected to the internet using this computer and router for almost a year now and I've changed nothing.
But maybe you guys could come up with some specific troubleshooting steps?
Oh yeah and neither ethernet or wireless connection is working.
Thanks guys.

Oh yeah and the connection only works if the laptop is in safe mode.

A:Laptop Won't Connect to Home Computer Through Ethernet or Wireless

I think you're saying the network looks like

Code:

modem--WiFi.Router---wired.XP
|
+---- wired.Mac
|
+ ..... WiFi or Wired Vista laptop

The Mac and XP can use the Internet (can they share between them?)

Vista can not share (but can it use the internet?)

On vista try this
run->ipconfig /all >mytcp.txt​and attach \user\yourLogin/mytcp.txt to your follow-up

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-connect-to-home-computer-through-ethernet-or-wireless.124192/
Relevancy 58.05%

I'm pretty much a novice at doing this networking stuff, so I would be glad if I could get some help. I want to directly wire the router into my computer and bought a ethernet cable. I connected the cable to my router and computer and it doesn't work. Do I need a driver..I have reformatted my computer before and have installed the ethernet card again(or at least I think I did). Anybody have step by step information to get this to work? If so, please do tell. Thanks!

A:Help! How do you connect(with ethernet) a Wireless-B Broadband Adapter to a computer?

Please clarify. So you don't want to use the wireless feature of your router but rather use one on the wired ethernet ports on the router correct? So you've connected an Ethernet cable between one of your routers available ports and the Ethernet card installed in your PC correct?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-how-do-you-connect-with-ethernet-a-wireless-b-broadband-adapter-to-a-computer.18509/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi,

I have a network printer that used to connect to a switch, which connected to a single computer. The idea was that you can connect other laptops to the switch and then share the printer.

But no one ever does that and I needed the switch for something else so I removed it and connected the printer directly to the computer. It doesn't work.

What do I have to do to get this direct connection to work? Or does this absolutely require a switch?

A:Connect a printer directly to one computer's Ethernet port?

Hi,

You will need to change the connecting cable from a straight one to a crossover cable. OK?

What are Straight and Crossover Cables

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/294186-connect-printer-directly-one-computers-ethernet-port.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi, I am trying to connect my Macbook Pro to my old Vista PC over ethernet cable but I can't get them to connect. I set up static IP's on both and the PC can ping the Mac but the Mac times out when I try to ping the PC. I even had the Windows firewall turned off. I had already turned on SMB connections in file sharing. They connect fine over wifi but I want to transfer 50gb of files faster.

Thanks.

A:Can't connect to Windows Vista PC from Mac over Ethernet

From what you're saying, it sounds like you're just connecting directly using only an Ethernet cable. However, in order to connect two computers directly, you'll need to use a crossover cable (Ethernet cable with some wires changed on one end). You also have the option of using a network hub or router in between.

Respond if we can help any more. I could be understanding your situation wrong as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-windows-vista-pc-from-mac-over-ethernet.187116/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a small problem To Cable? Please To Via Internet Xp Me Tell How Windows Connect Lan/ethernet Pro with Windows XP Pro I need to know why can Please Tell Me How To Connect To Internet Windows Xp Pro Via Lan/ethernet Cable? t it detect Please Tell Me How To Connect To Internet Windows Xp Pro Via Lan/ethernet Cable? my LAN Ethernet cable anymore Would any of you please tell me how to make it instantly connect to the internet without me having to type in my IP address or static-address amp ect in the quot Network Connections quot section of my WinXP Control Panel Background story Recently I got a used-laptop Dell Inspiron which was pre-installed with Windows XP When I plugged my ethernet cord to the back of the computer Please Tell Me How To Connect To Internet Windows Xp Pro Via Lan/ethernet Cable? for the st time it would immediately detected the internet got connected to the internet right away Special Note Of course it was originally set-up to detect the ethernet LAN line cord whenever someone connected the LAN-line Ethernet cord to the back of the computer It detected all of the drivers which are installed on the computer until re-installed Windows on it Ever since I re-installed Windows XP SP on that computer it won t connect to the internet via Mozilla or whatever else I use as a browser It won t let me access the internet even with the ethernet card cable cord connected to it My internet-connection was lost as soon as I re-installed Windows XP Please tell me how to make my Laptop computer instantly detect the ethernet card or drivers like it did before I wiped it s memory amp re-installed XP on it Thanks in advance for your time amp help

A:Please Tell Me How To Connect To Internet Windows Xp Pro Via Lan/ethernet Cable?

When you reinstalled Windows did you install all the hardware drivers?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/172323/please-tell-me-how-to-connect-to-internet-windows-xp-pro-via-lanethernet-cable/
Relevancy 55.47%

So I noticed a while ago that my PC had been running much slower than usual so to resolve the issue i wanted to reinstall windows and start fresh I put the Windows XP reinstallation CD into my PC deleted the partition via XP Ethernet can't to connect Reinstalled and Windows internet with my existing Reinstalled Windows XP and can't connect to internet via Ethernet windows on and then created a new partition and install Windows XP to that partition The installation went fine installed the driver for my Graphics Card and then went on to try and connect to the internet via my ethernet cable that has always been plugged into my PC However upon trying to connect to the internet i found that i couldn t connect to the internet at all I tried numerous things and on my quot Network Connections quot part of the control panel I have things showing up Under the subheading quot Connection Manager quot i have quot MSN quot which is quot Unavailable quot Under the subheading quot Internet Gateway quot i have quot Internet Connection quot which is quot Connected quot Under the subheading quot LAN or High-Speed Internet quot i have quot Local Area Connection quot which is quot Connected Firewalled quot If anyone has any idea how i can get my PC connected to the internet that would be great I m from the UK by the way nbsp

A:Reinstalled Windows XP and can't connect to internet via Ethernet

BEFORE you do a clean reinstall of Windows XP in your computer, you should identify its necessary devices(chipset, graphics, audio, ethernet, wireless, etc.) and obtain the drivers for those devices. You obviously didn't do that.

You should also make sure Windows XP is up-to-date BEFORE you start installing a bunch of programs in your computer.

Have you read my Windows XP install guide in this section?

At this point, we have no description of your computer and what devices are in it. Is it a factory brand one or is it a custom/home made one? If it's a factory brand one, advise what brand name and model name and model number it is. If it's a custom/home made one, advise the brand name and model number of its motherboard or provide the website link to it.

---------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reinstalled-windows-xp-and-cant-connect-to-internet-via-ethernet.1152068/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi So I decided to reformat my Toshiba laptop today I download the Windows Home Premiumm via wifi // Can't or ethernet Reformatted to connect Windows x bit ISO file from here I didn't upgrade just a reformat as the laptop was getting clouded in rubbish Download Official Windows SP ISO bit bit Reformatted Windows // Can't connect to wifi or via ethernet from Microsoft Booted from USB installation went went as expected After completion I can't find any networks it doesn't find any Wifi networks and even when I connect Ethernet cable from the router it doesn't detect it at all Now before reformatting both wifi and ethernet worked without problems and right now both wifi and that ethernet work with my desktop Because Reformatted Windows // Can't connect to wifi or via ethernet of that I can only guess it might be drivers missing so laptop can't find the networks But I am bit lost in which are missing if that is the problem at all The laptops name is Toshiba Sattelite Here is the screen from the network panel Any help possible Thanks in advance and Kind Regards

A:Reformatted Windows // Can't connect to wifi or via ethernet

Look in Change Adapter Settings, is your wifi adapter listed and enabled? If you see it and is enabled, try the troubleshooter...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/352763-reformatted-windows-cant-connect-wifi-via-ethernet.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Every time I connect to my ethernet, windows 7 will NOT disable the wifi. Is it a driver issue or what?

A:Disable Wifi when connect via ethernet in windows 7

I don't think it's a driver issue, but just how windows works. Every laptop I've had does that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/216336-disable-wifi-when-connect-via-ethernet-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 55.47%

My desktop is currently connected to my network via ethernet and client bridge using DD-WRT won't ethernet connect Prem. Home Windows to 7 It has worked well in the past but just recently I Windows 7 Home Prem. won't connect to ethernet have been having issues getting Windows to connect to Windows 7 Home Prem. won't connect to ethernet my home network I haven't changed any settings or installed new drivers The client bridge is working fine and so is my home wireless router I am at my witts end and can't seem to figure out what has happened I've tried reinstalling my ethernet card drivers which worked initially but after starting up my machine this morning I'm back at square one It seems as if Windows cannot get an IP address for some reason All other machines in my household are working fine Windows 7 Home Prem. won't connect to ethernet and don't seem to be acting up in any way Here is my network setup Router ---- Wireless ---- gt DD-WRT Client Bridge ---- Ethernet ---- gt Desktop I attached the following screenshots and information to help with diagnosing this problem nbsp Capture PNG nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads nbsp Capture PNG nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads nbsp Capture PNG nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads nbsp Capture PNG nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads Results of ipconfig all gt ipconfig txt Windows IP Configuration Host Name AMD-DesktopPC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TAP-Win Adapter V Physical Address -FF- F- E-B -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address -DE- -C - -CA DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c de Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B-C - - - -DE- -C - -CA DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Hamachi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Hamachi Network Interface Physical Address A- - - - B-C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address b bc Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe c d db d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday December AM Lease Expires Tuesday December AM Default Gateway b DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B-C - - - -DE- -C - -CA DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap D -D - A F-AC - BF BD B E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D B - F- - D - E B F AB Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap F EB C - - C - E B- F C C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Thanks

A:Windows 7 Home Prem. won't connect to ethernet

Your nic has ip 169.x.x.x and 255.255.0.0 subnet mask. Not sure why your adapter didn't pull a IP from the router. Is DHCP setup in the router? If I am not mistaken DDWRT gives out 10.0.0.0/24  Ip addresses. You want to disconnect from Hamachi VPN so you can test your connection. I would also temporarily disable Hamachi till you get your nic back up. Go to start type cmd and use the command ipconfig /release "Local Area Connection" then type the command ipconfig /renew "Local Area Connection" The router should assign an IP. When you disconnect from Hamachi you're computer is supposed to fall back to the local network nic, but since the IP is wrong you get no connection out.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/559893/windows-7-home-prem-wont-connect-to-ethernet/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi guys I'm lost My laptop win is currently connected on wifi through my router to the internet All working However I cant ping see connect to my nas or any other device inside my LAN Using other devices iphone imac nas they can all see eachother while using the same wifi My do addresses LAN over over wifi but ethernet can it ping Cannot IP conclusion is that something is different from my laptop ethernet setup than it's wifi setup A few more notes - I'm using VM player to host a virtual machine I wonder if that may have created some weird VPN between my host and guest OS that stops me from seeing the real LAN But I dont know how to disable it I dont have the VM running while I'm having this problem - When I go to windows explorer and click on network it shows the NAME of my lan in the computer section When I doubleclick on it it says that quot Windows cannot access NASNAME quot - computer is part of workgroup but not home Cannot ping LAN IP addresses over wifi but can do it over ethernet group I'm trying to PING here as step one so Cannot ping LAN IP addresses over wifi but can do it over ethernet I shouldnt need Cannot ping LAN IP addresses over wifi but can do it over ethernet this - i tried with disabling firewall without success I tried a few of the netcfg -d and a few netsh things to reset some stuff but nothing seems to work Another few things that I see nbtstat -n shows my laptop twice with different numbers between lt gt and workgroup is shown times with different numbers then there's some smily faces with MSBROWSE Again I'm not sure that I even need netbios to get the ping to work In short Where do I start troubleshooting if I can ping Google successfully but I cant ping any other device except router in my LAN

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/53063-cannot-ping-lan-ip-addresses-over-wifi-but-can-do-over-ethernet.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I had my HP 5500 large format printer and high speed modem connected to my computer through an ethernet hub. When the hub died I called tech support of my high speed internet provider (bell canada) so I could get my internet connection running again by connecting directly into my computer (Xp OS).
They changed the ipconfig. Now I have a new hub but the printer will not ping. I need help to change the ipconfig back to what it was so that both my modem and printer will connect properly.

I think the "connection-specific DNS suffix" and IP address was changed.
The current IP address doesn't match the IP address that is indicated on my printers' I/O setup.

A:Netwok printer won't ping through ethernet hub

New modem but you have no internet connection? Why are you talking to us? Your first stop should be your isp's tech support. Once you have internet again...

Set your printer to the new ip scope. Lets say your address is 192.168.1.5 you would set the printer to xxx.xxx.xxx.6 with the same subnet mask as your pc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netwok-printer-wont-ping-through-ethernet-hub.792614/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a pc hosting a server for a game.
The specs of this pc are

----------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 6/5/2011, 00:12:13
Machine name: GAME-SERVER
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.101209-1647)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Computer Corporation
System Model: OptiPlex GX270
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A07
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.60GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 1534MB RAM
Page File: 568MB used, 2865MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

It has a Belkin Gigabit Ethernet card connected to it its PCI Slot (not sure what kind of pci slot?)

This is in turn connected to a gigabit switch and im still getting pings of 20 - 30 ingame?

Is this to do with the network or latency between hardware?

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread!
Spud

Relevancy 54.61%

I recently used a program Autoruns,, and deleted some startup things I shouldn't have.. Since then I cant connect to internet, the troubleshooter for wireless adapter says the Windows wireless service is not running on this computer (WLAN Autoconfig service) and fails to start the service.
I notice on windows task manager there are only about 13 Processes running and there are usually about 20, and on Services there are about 40 running and about 100 or more stopped services. Thanks for the help

Also on startup now I have a pop up on bottom saying, Failed to connect to a windows service. Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents standard users from logging on to the system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond. And the startup and logon time is really long now

A:Windows 7 can't connect to internet through Wifi or ethernet cable

Sounds like you deleted the network drivers, I did this once and ill be honest unless someone here knows a trick, or you have a CD with drivers you are going to have to have a hell of a time unless you know the name of the hardware and download the right driver, thats my guess. best of luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-cant-connect-to-internet-through-wifi-or-ethernet-cable.200026/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have two Apple laptops running well on an Airport Extreme wireless network. I am trying to connect a Dell Windows XP Service Pack 3 to the Airport via a USB to Ethernet LAN cable directly to the Airport for internet access. The Times Warner cable guy hooked it up and it accessed the internet just fine. I have since reformatted and reloaded Windows. I have not changed any of the cable connections. I have tried the Windows Network Wizard and the Airport Utility (which cannot detect the Airport). Windows says I have a "LAN or High-Speed Internet 1394 Connection" connected. However, Windows cannot find any internet access. The cable guy had it hooked up and on the internet in just a couple of minutes. Before I reformatted I noticed another connected network, not the 1394. Please help me get the Dell on the Airport via USB to Ethernet LAN cable for internet access. Thanks in advance for your help.

A:Connect Windows PC to Airport Extreme via Ethernet cable

Install the chipset drivers from your Drivers/Resource CD or, better, from Dell's web site. Use your Service Tag for easier searching. Then check in Device Manager to see if there are still more missing drivers.

EDIT: You probably need the driver for the USB ethernet adapter also.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connect-windows-pc-to-airport-extreme-via-ethernet-cable.807333/
Relevancy 54.18%

Quote:

Microsoft showed its plans for Windows 10 across a wide range of devices this week, but notably absent from its discussions was talk of the new operating system on ARM tablets. According to the company, it still plans to support ARM devices, but with some conditions.

Microsoft confirms Windows 10 will come to small ARM tablets - Neowin

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/microsoft-confirms-windows-10-will-come-to-small-arm-tablets-950010.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Microsoft Confirms Windows Zero Day Bug In Shortcut Files.

This is a pretty nasty attack and for once Microsoft have actually acknowledged and confirmed this is a critical unpatched vulnerability. Incidentally Microsoft also recently retired Windows XP SP2 from the support cycle, and this vulnerability effects that system and they have stated they will not be patching it.

Its a pretty serious bug and it seems hackers have been maliciously exploiting it in the wild for over a month. The Stuxnet malware has been using this vulnerability to gain access to machines then download further attack files including a root kit.Click to expand...

-- Tom

A:Microsoft Confirms Windows Zero Day Bug In Shortcut Files

there's a really good podcast on twit.tv, security now about this vulnerability. worth watching or listening to! http://twit.tv/sn

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-confirms-windows-zero-day-bug-in-shortcut-files.937987/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi, I'm trying to connect a
PC with Windows 7 Professional
with another with Windows 7 Home Premium
using an Ethernet cable.
PC - 1

IP Address - 192.168.0.1 Subnet Mask - 255.255.255.0
PC - 2

IP Address - 192.168.0.2 Subnet Mask - 255.255.255.0
Restart, but nothing happens, no connection between them. Anyone can help me?
Thanks!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/27921010-4f04-44f0-91f1-f1513f9eab45/cannot-connect-two-different-windows-7-home-amp-pro-computers-using-a-crossover-ethernet-cable?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 53.75%

We have 3 workstation running XP Pro, sp3 on a P2P. When I configured a year ago, all 3 stations could see all needed. Now I can still see the internet and ping stations, but with nothing changed except the virus protection; Even with disabling the firewall, I still can not share and with a Ethernet printed, configured 6 month ago great, now not printing.
Our Anti-virus is Viper which updates every hour and scans daily. \
Any suggestions?

A:XP pro sp3 will see ipconfig, internet and Ping,but not lost Ethernet connedtion.

Statement correction: xp pro sp3 will show correct data, we can get on the internet and I can ping addresses, but can not see any stations in the workgroup. After reading a later post, I will do a NBTSTAT -n and do a ipconfig /all. I will check the later post and see if we can get a resolve.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-pro-sp3-will-see-ipconfig-internet-and-ping-but-not-lost-ethernet-connedtion.1028985/
Relevancy 53.75%

Quote No specifics on the release date were provided though Microsoft rolled out Windows Technical Preview build a couple of weeks ago with quite a lot of improvements including a working version of Cortana and a revamped version of the Start menu but it turns out that the company is already planning a brand new release for this month During the New Coming This Windows Confirms 10 Build Microsoft Month January Windows event at Microsoft's headquarters in Redmond Joe Belfiore said Microsoft Confirms New Windows 10 Build Coming This Month that the software firm wanted to update Windows Technical Preview much more often than before and hinted that a new build would indeed come in February most likely together with the Microsoft Confirms New Windows 10 Build Coming This Month preview version of Windows for phones Now Gabriel Aul head of the Windows Insider program has confirmed in a couple of tweets that Microsoft is indeed working to bring a new Windows Technical Preview build to users but he has explained that no specifics can be provided right now Microsoft Confirms New Windows Build Coming This Month - Softpedia

A:Microsoft Confirms New Windows 10 Build Coming This Month

I hope it don't mean my third party programs will get uninstalled again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/microsoft-confirms-new-windows-10-build-coming-this-month-955793.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Microsoft confirms Windows install trick is legal Microsoft employee chides hacks reminds users of licensing rules By Gregg Keizer October PM ET Computerworld - Microsoft today confirmed that users can apply a workaround trick to do a clean install of Windows on a blank hard drive as long as they toe the licensing line In a blog post trick is Microsoft legal confirms 7 install Windows earlier this week Eric Ligman who Microsoft confirms Windows 7 install trick is legal works in Microsoft s worldwide partner group took exception to stories that showed people how to use the less-expensive Windows upgrade editions to install the new operating system on blank drives Computerworld covered the upgrade install trick -- first reported by noted Windows blogger Paul Thurrott -- last Friday quot Over the past several days there have been various posts etc across a variety of social media engines stating that some hack be it a person or a procedure shows that a Windows Upgrade disc can perform a clean installation of Windows on a blank drive from a technical perspective quot said Ligman quot They often forgot to mention a very basic yet very important piece of information quot said Ligman about Thurrott s blog post and the resulting reports by others quot Technically possible does not always mean legal quot Ligman said In order to use upgrade media to install Windows on a blank hard drive users must abide by the operating system s EULA or end-user licensing agreement quot To use upgrade software you must first be licensed for the software that is eligible for the upgrade After you upgrade you may no longer use the software you upgraded from quot the EULA states nbsp

A:Microsoft confirms Windows 7 install trick is legal

ciidoctor said:

In order to use upgrade media to install Windows 7 on a blank hard drive, users must abide by the operating system's EULA, or end-user licensing agreement. "To use upgrade software, you must first be licensed for the software that is eligible for the upgrade. After you upgrade, you may no longer use the software you upgraded from," the EULA states.Click to expand...

Fair enough

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-confirms-windows-7-install-trick-is-legal.872987/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi all I am trying to use to my office laptop in home to connect to the broadband It was working fine since last week and now home - broadband gateway unable ping default to ethernet unable to ping the default gateway itself I am using a IBM thinkpad T p with Intel pro T mobile ethernet card Below is the details Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings hsethura gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name harryr Primary Dns Suffix uk mydomain com Node Type Peer-Peer IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List uk mydomain com netvigator co uk mydomain com Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description a b g Wireless LAN Mini PCI Adapter Physical Address - - E- -B -CB Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix netvigator co uk Description Intel R PRO MT Mobile Connection Physical Address - D- - - -B Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained October Lease Expires October C Documents and Settings harryr gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply unable to ping default gateway - home ethernet broadband from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss unable to ping default gateway - home ethernet broadband Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Documents and Settings harryr gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Documents and Settings harryr gt route print Interface List x MS TCP Loopback interface x e b cb a b g Wireless LAN Mini PCI Adapter x d b Intel R PRO MT Mobile Connection Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric Default Gateway Persistent Routes None The wirless and the dialup connections do work fine except the ethernet one Ethernet connection works fine in office lan amp intranet internet Also the same broadband connection works good in a different laptop office one and able to ping the same gateway ip any help nbsp

A:unable to ping default gateway - home ethernet broadband

Could some of the TCP/IP settings have been changed, or perhaps a firewall installed that is configured for the office network?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-ping-default-gateway-home-ethernet-broadband.403662/
Relevancy 52.89%

Full Article: Microsoft Confirms Windows 10 Anniversary Update Launches in July

[...]

The July release date for the Anniversary Update concerns only the RS1 version, which is actually the first wave of the update, with a second one projected to take place sometime in early 2017.

[...]

https://malwaretips.com/threads/microsoft-confirms-windows-10-anniversary-update-launches-in-july.59808/
Relevancy 52.89%

I'm a new Plusnet customer and I cannot connect to the internet using wifi I just get a page saying the broadband is down. So I tried using an ethernet cable and after manually setting this up I can use the internet. I accidentally disconnected the cable yesterday but the internet didn't fault, it's now working wirelessly. I can connect to the wifi using my mobile and iPad but I cannot connect to the internet. A new router has been sent and the problem still persists, a bt engineer has also visited but cannot find a solution.

Can anybody please help me?

A:I can't connect to wifi but connect with an Ethernet cable works, even when it isn't plugged in

It gets confusing as to which device is being used so as a guideline
disable one or the other (wifi vs wired) and don't allow both to be active at the same time. Technically, which ever device gets an IP address from your router will become the gateway to your ISP - - ignoring the connectivity of the second device to access your router.

With a laptop, we just toggle the keyboard to enable/disable wifi and the wired is easy - - just pull the cable out.

create a desktop shortcut to \windows\system32\devmgmt.msc
to control the devices (needs admin access)
expand [+] network adapters and you'll see the list
mine are

Dell Wireless 1502 ....
Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
Just right-click->disable and you can always right-click->enable

The png posted shows both are enabled and the wired has the gateway.
If the cable is disconnected, this is quite impossible.

SO, first control which device is to be used and then make the connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cant-connect-to-wifi-but-connect-with-an-ethernet-cable-works-even-when-it-isnt-plugged-in.204891/
Relevancy 52.89%

This is a recent problem. My computer doesn't want to connect to the internet via ethernet, however it will connect via wireless to the same network. Other computers on this network connect to the internet just fine. Any help on this is sincerely appreciated.

A:Internet doesn't connect via Ethernet but does connect wireless Win7

Other computers on this network connect to the internet just fine. Click to expand...

Connected by etherent ?
Have you also tried the same cable and port with a different PC

It maybe a security suite blocking - do you have Norton , McAfee etc

post a ipconfig /all and ping tests when connected by ethernet cable only
------------------------------------------------------------------------
{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter

then reply here and
control key + V to paste
{Ping Tests}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-doesnt-connect-via-ethernet-but-does-connect-wireless-win7.972841/
Relevancy 52.46%

http news softpedia com news micr te-kb -installation-issues- shtml Microsoft rolled out a new Windows cumulative update for PCs running version Anniversary Update and just as we reported yesterday there were plenty of users who experienced installation issues In a post on the firm s Community forums Microsoft engineers confirm the installation problems and explain that KB3194496 Microsoft 10 Windows Installation Cumulative Update Confirms Issues the team is already investigating and developing a fix Investigating There are no details as to when exactly this new cumulative update fix could be released Microsoft Confirms Windows 10 Cumulative Update KB3194496 Installation Issues but it s worth noting that Microsoft itself says that there s no point in trying to install this cumulative update because it ll keep failing anyway Teams have dug into this issue and do believe the cause has been identified The correct team is developing a fix workaround and once we have the full details we ll be posting that information For your affected machines there s no need to keep attempting the install It ll keep failing In the mean time hold tight We re all over this and will keep sharing information along the way Microsoft says Several company engineers have already joined the discussion thread on the Community forums asking for more details on the problem so it s very clear that the firm is actively investigating the problem What s more frustrating however is that this cumulative update actually experienced the exact same issues when being tested as part of the Windows Insider program but Microsoft shipped it anyway This is a bit odd given the fact that the previous cumulative updates also had problems installing on a number of computers so Microsoft should put more focus on testing these updates before rolling them out to all PCs worldwide In addition to this new cumulative update fix that should land in the next few days Microsoft is also expected to release a new one on October when the company is also shipping Patch Tuesday fixes for all Windows computers CUs for the original Windows version and for November Update should also go live nbsp

https://malwaretips.com/threads/microsoft-confirms-windows-10-cumulative-update-kb3194496-installation-issues.64010/
Relevancy 52.46%

Microsoft 2017 in feature confirms more 10 two in Microsoft Windows no coming updates 2016; confirms no more Windows feature updates in two coming in Microsoft published a TechNet blog post on Tuesday regarding what s new in the Windows Anniversary Update In the article the company confirmed that it has two feature updates planned for but no more for this year Based on feedback from organizations moving to Windows this will be our last feature update for with two additional feature updates expected in The news is right in line with current rumors Tuesday s Anniversary Update would be the one feature update for this year and Redstone - the codename for the next major Windows update - isn t slated to arrive until April Redstone is rumored as well but without any release timing so with today s news it s presumably late It s also in line with what Microsoft has already said Back in May the firm said that it would be pushing two feature updates for Windows every year The obvious question that you re probably Microsoft confirms no more Windows 10 feature updates in 2016; two coming in 2017 asking is if Microsoft said that it would release two updates per year why would the company only release one this year Well when Microsoft says the word year it could mean a calendar year or Microsoft confirms no more Windows 10 feature updates in 2016; two coming in 2017 it could mean a fiscal year which would be over at the end of June With that in mind the firm has released two major updates for Windows every year and is on pace to do so even with Redstone coming in April Source TechNet via Redmond Magazine nbsp

A:Microsoft confirms no more Windows 10 feature updates in 2016; two coming in 2017

Thanks for share [email protected]

https://malwaretips.com/threads/microsoft-confirms-no-more-windows-10-feature-updates-in-2016-two-coming-in-2017.62026/
Relevancy 52.46%

Microsoft admitted there's a problem with the Anniversary update for some computers. Microsoft says it's looking into a permanent solution for the problem, but in the meantime, has offered a temporary fix
mspoweruser.com/.../

A:Microsoft confirms freezing issues after upgrading to Windows 10 Anniversary Update

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988831
Relevancy 52.46%

It's the end of an era. While Microsoft had already revealed it was working on a lightweight browser for Windows 10 codenamed ‘Project Spartan', and dropped hints it would be an Internet Explorer replacement, a company executive has now confirmed...

Read more

A:Microsoft exec confirms they're phasing out the Internet Explorer brand with Windows 10

I would concur that IE sucks, no matter what they call it.

I am a web developer, and as one headache over IE that I have to deal with frequently is that in IE11 the select control looks so terribly bad, I have to resort to custom control usage, just so it looks the same across all browsers. And their customization for check boxes and radio boxes isn't much better, have to rewrite those every time. Not to mention the *****ic non-standard things they keep plugging in it still, like that moronic Clear button inside edit box that doesn't even issue the Change event when the content is cleared on that button press; - what ***** came up with that one?

I sincerely hope IE vanishes at last, just like Netscape Navigator did.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-exec-confirms-theyre-phasing-out-the-internet-explorer-brand-with-windows-10.210164/
Relevancy 52.46%

Just to start off I am COMPLETELY clueless and have no tech savvy whatsoever so simple language would be appreciated I ve owned this laptop for a little over a year and all this time I ve been able to connect to Wifi without a problem This morning the icon at the bottom left of but Laptop with Ethernet will Wifi, won't cord an to My connect connect the screen told me there was no Internet connection available when I troubleshot it it suggested using the Ethernet cord to connect The Ethernet cord connects them fine and the internet connection becomes available but I m still unable to use the Wifi This is an issue with my laptop because all the other devices My Laptop won't connect to Wifi, but will connect with an Ethernet cord in my house are able to connect to the Wifi and the modem is showing all the appropriate lights and such I ve tried turning it off and on again but alas this once that method has failed I ve also tried resetting the modem and it made no difference Last night I was uninstalling various programs that I didn t need and that s the only thing I ve done differently to my usual computing habits I don t think I removed anything unless I knew what it was but it s possible I accidently removed something important I don t know if that has any relevance or not but it s all I can think of as the reason for this My laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio and the system I use is Windows My modem is Telstra Bigpond Please help D nbsp

A:My Laptop won't connect to Wifi, but will connect with an Ethernet cord

How far from the router are you? I experience the same thing occasionally on my laptop.
I usually have to switch the wifi switch off on the laptop & on then I reboot & I'm back online. My laptop & tower are both about 50' away & on the lower floor where the router is. Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-wont-connect-to-wifi-but-will-connect-with-an-ethernet-cord.197531/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a wireless modem and my connection was fine until I attempted to wirelessly connect my printer After that I can see my wireless connect connection with I connect, i can wireless my can ethernet but cannot see connection but every time I attempt to connect I get I can see my wireless connection but i cannot connect, can connect with ethernet this simple message saying cannot connect to this network I have reentered my network code but that didn t work Kinda new to this I can normally just play around until I get things straight but I ve been at this about days to no avail HELP Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Tyranny gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Wireless LAN adapter I can see my wireless connection but i cannot connect, can connect with ethernet Local I can see my wireless connection but i cannot connect, can connect with ethernet Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ms comcast net Link-local IPv Address fe ad b db d IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap hsd ms comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ms comcast net Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address e fb cd df Link-local IPv Address fe fb cd df Default Gateway C Users Tyranny gt nbsp

A:I can see my wireless connection but i cannot connect, can connect with ethernet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-can-see-my-wireless-connection-but-i-cannot-connect-can-connect-with-ethernet.1074661/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have just moved in to a basement apartment and can connect to via Cannot wireless via Solved: ethernet connect can but connect the internet with my wireless but not with the ethernet cord ran downstairs for me The other computers upstairs work fine on ethernet through the same router I do not understand what the problem could be here are my configs Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Windows IP Configuration Host Name Doug-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Solved: Cannot connect via ethernet but can connect via wireless Belkin Description Atheros AR B Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - - E- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Solved: Cannot connect via ethernet but can connect via wireless Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local Solved: Cannot connect via ethernet but can connect via wireless IPv Address fe d f a d b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained January- - PM Lease Expires February- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - - - D- -DF- B- E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Generic Marvell Yukon E based Ether net Controller Physical Address - D- -DF- B- E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d a Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - - - D- -DF- B- E DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E D C- D A- - -A D br E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Solved: Cannot connect via ethernet but can connect via wireless

Could be a defective cable or NIC.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-connect-via-ethernet-but-can-connect-via-wireless.1034028/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi and thanks for helping windows won?t install page to connect update nor AVIRA out This is what happened and is happening ---I ve formated my computer Windows XP ---Downloaded and Installed SP thru Windows Update ---Downloaded and Installed Ad-Aware ---Downloaded AVIRA and tried to install it the following message won?t install AVIRA nor connect to windows update page came up quot A secure internet connection is required to activate the product ssl encrypted This could not be established Please address the following issues and repeat the product activation - ensure the internet can be accessed- ensure the system date is correct- if in use check your modem connection- ensure the application fact exe can access the internet and is not blocked by a firewall---I noticed that my browser no longer opens http windowsupdate microsoft com ---I ran Ad-Aware and it found severall files and registry entries including Win Backdoor SdBotC WINDOW Sytem scrC WINDOW Sytem scr scr scr scr My DDS file DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Antonio at on s b Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC Arquivos de programas Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS System keyhook exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS system sistray exeC Arquivos de programas Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeC Arquivos de programas Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Documents and Settings Antonio Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com br EB - a - b-a - c a a - No FileuRun CTFMON EXE c windows system ctfmon exemRun SiS Windows KeyHook c windows system keyhook exemRun SiSUSBRG c windows SiSUSBrg exemRun Windows System Monitor c windows system winrsc exedRun CTFMON EXE c windows system CTFMON EXEStartupFolder c documents and settings antonio menu iniciar programas inicializar Reboot exeStartupFolder c docume alluse menuin progra inicia utilit lnk - c windows system sistray exeuPolicies-system DisableTaskMgr x uPolicies-system DisableRegistryTools x IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c arquivos de programas messenger msmsgs exeDPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C - hxxp update microsoft com windowsupdate v V Controls en x client wuweb site cab SERVICES DRIVERS R Lbd Lbd c windows system drivers Lbd sys - - R Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service c arquivos de programas lavasoft ad-aware AAWService exe - - S fscbc Helper Manager c windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs - - S sysdrv Play Port I O Driver c windows system drivers sysdrv sys -- c windows system drivers sysdrv sys Created Last - - a------- c windows system lsdelete exe - - a------- c arquivos de programas avira antivir personal en exe - - a------- c windows system drivers Lbd sys - - lt DIR gt -cd-h--- c docume alluse dadosd EF C-BAD - - -D - - lt DIR gt --d----- c arquivos de programas Lavasoft - - a------- c arquivos de programas Ad-AwareAE exe - - lt DIR gt --d----- c windows system wbem AutoRecover - - a------- c windows WMSysPr prx - - lt DIR gt --d----- c windows provisioning - - lt DIR gt --d----- c windows peernet - - lt DIR gt --d----- c windows ServicePackFiles - - lt DIR gt --d----- c windows EHome - - -------- c windows system drivers netwlan img - - -------- c windows system spnpinst exe - - -------- c windows system secupd sig - - -------- c windows system secupd dat - - lt DIR gt --d----- c windows system PreInstall - - a------- c windows system spupdsvc exe - - lt DIR gt --d-h--- c windows hf mig - - lt DIR gt --d----- c windows system bits - - a------- c windows system winhttp dll - - a------- c windows system qmgrprxy dll - - -------- c windows system bitsprx dll - - -------- c windows system bitsprx dll - - a------- c windows system wucltui dll mui - - a------- c windows system wuaueng dll mui - - a------- c windows system wuaucpl cpl - - a------- c windows system wuaucpl cpl mui - - a------... Read more

A:wont install AVIRA nor connect to windows update page

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/260528/wont-install-avira-nor-connect-to-windows-update-page/
Relevancy 50.74%

I've identified a couple of IPs and that I can ping tracert with no problem however I cannot connect to their open ports and Wireshark shows my SYN packets being sent but with no response Here is some relevant info I can connect to other IPs just fine well at least that I know of I suspect the whole block of IPs is affected Windows Firewall is disabled I see the same behavior with a USB wifi card my build in wifi card and an ethernet connection I am able to connect with a VM on the machine when using the USB wifi card directly i e when bypassing the Windows drivers and whatnot I see the same behavior no matter where I connect from e g hotels etc I've scanned for viruses and rootkits with no results I took a look at all my installed drivers but I don't really know what to look for Any advice on troubleshooting this issue would be appreciated thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/401683-certain-ips-i-can-ping-them-but-not-connect-via-tcp.html
Relevancy 50.74%

to the internet or PING google.com

Any thoughts on why I can not connect are appreciated

Relevancy 50.74%

I have an XP Home SP PC that will not display any webpage either in IE or Firefox I can ping my router and www google com with normal results and networking works with no problems in safe mode It seems obvious to me that I have a malware issue and I've run every scan under the planet which removed a few tracking cookies but nothing more than that I am at a loss at this point Here's my HijackThis Log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Ping. But . Ie Not Connect, . I Can Will Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS Ie Will Not Connect, But I Can Ping. . . system svchost exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC WINDOWS system wpabaln exeC Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exeR - Ie Will Not Connect, But I Can Ping. . . HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO BlspcHlpr Class - C F-CB - D- A-B F E EA - C Program Files BellSouth Internet Tools blspc dllO - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE Ie Will Not Connect, But I Can Ping. . . A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Extra context menu item amp Yahoo Search - file C Program Files Yahoo Common ycsrch htmO - Extra context menu item Yahoo amp Dictionary - file C Program Files Yahoo Common ycdict htmO - Extra context menu item Yahoo amp Maps - file C Program Files Yahoo Common ycmap htmO - Extra context menu item Yahoo amp SMS - file C Program Files Yahoo Common ycsms htmO - Extra button Yahoo Services - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dllO - Extra button Real com - CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE - C WINDOWS System Shdocvw dllO - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - AppInit DLLs C PROGRA Google GOOGLE GOEC DLLO - Winlogon Notify WRNotifier - WRLogonNTF dll file missing

A:Ie Will Not Connect, But I Can Ping. . .

Hi and welcome to Bleeping Computer! My name is Sam and I will be helping you. I apologize for the delay getting to your log, the helpers here are very busy.Your log is clean. In fact, it's too clean. Are you using an antivirus or firewall on this computer? You show no services running in your log, which is quite unusual. Have you recently uninstalled a firewall or Internet security package?I also see this line in your running processes.C:\WINDOWS\system32\wpabaln.exeWhich tells me that Windows is still waiting to be activated. Have you tried that?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/84196/ie-will-not-connect-but-i-can-ping/
Relevancy 50.31%

All I get when I bring up Mozilla freshly installed or IE all I get is a blank page Can t hit any website just get blank page I can ping the URL and the IP and I don t have a problem with protection programs updating I have ran Ad-aware AVG Spy-bot S amp D Microsoft s new malicious software removal tool and two Winsock repair utilities They have all found something but not cured this issue Three other PC s on the same router are working just fine Here is my ipconfig all and other ping test results Windows IP Configuration Host Name D QZCP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description ADMtek AN can in a blank ping browser but Solved: only URL's, I get page PCI Adapter Physical Address - -A -A - - A Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers XX X XX X Lease Obtained Thursday February PM Lease Expires Friday February PM C Documents and Settings Loyd Jones gt ping XX X Pinging XX X with bytes of data Reply from XX X bytes time ms TTL Reply from XX X bytes time ms TTL Reply from XX X bytes time ms TTL Reply from XX X bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for XX X Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Documents Solved: I can ping URL's, but only get a blank page in browser and Settings Loyd Jones gt ping Solved: I can ping URL's, but only get a blank page in browser www google com Pinging www l google com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Documents and Settings Loyd Jones gt Solved: I can ping URL's, but only get a blank page in browser ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

HELP PLEASE SOMEBODY!!!

Internet Explorer 7 driving me up the wall HELP! I can access Skype and MSN IM and the network shows as up and active but the web browser refuses to render both IE7 and Firefox.

I tried ipconfig/ flush DNS as well as other things advised in this forum. I can ping all websites successfully. Please help. Im on Vista SP2

All this started after installing IE8 which gave the same problems.

Thanks in advance for your help.

A:Can Ping, IM and SKype BUT IE7 wont render page!

1. Try opening the IE without the addons and try to browse. If you are able to browse then remove the addons.

If it doesn't work:

2. Unchecked all the proxy(if any) from both the browsers. Close and open all the opened browser windows and try browsing again. If you are able to browse then the problem has been solved.

If it doesn't work:

Boot your computer in "safe mode with networking" and try to browse. If you are able to browse then uninstall all the anitivirus program and reinstall it again.

Follow the above mentioned steps and give it a try..
(**,)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/can-ping-im-and-skype-but-ie7-wont-render-page-422141.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi There I'm helpdesk support could *Insert here* computer Ping find windows not name request host 7 for the company I work for and have recenty hit a wall with Ping request could not find host *Insert windows 7 computer name here* Windows We have two sites both with seperate servers All our computers are networked and named The program I normally use to access another computer to help Ping request could not find host *Insert windows 7 computer name here* support them is called UltraVNC I simply enter in the computers name i e quot test quot and I can connect to their desktop alternatively I can also use their IP Address The Problem Now recently we've been doing hardware roll-overs upgrading alot of our XP machines to Windows and this has raised a few conflicts for our second site The current one at present is I am unable to get to reach any Windows machines from our second site I'm primarily based at our first site When I say reach I mean I am unable to - Ping using command prompt - Connect using ultraVNC - Connect using an RDP connection - Or map a network drive USING the computers name only If I use the IP Address for any of the above it works perfectly fine What I can connect to using the computers name are - Site One Any computer windows XP to - Site Two Windows XP computers only but also including the domain which is Windows Server These Computers are Windows Profesional bit Machines Lenovo Product branded What I've tried Checked - Windows firewall is disabled but I have also checked under Advanced Settings and enabled File and Printer Sharing Echo Request - ICMPV -In - Remote Desktop Settings are set to allow connections from computers running any version of RDP - The Computer itself is viewable from the DNS Manager on the Server - The computer is viewable and accessable from Active Directory - Although I can not access their computer without using an IP Address their computer can access mine and other Win Machines using their Computer Names Any Advice of suggestions would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Ping request could not find host *Insert windows 7 computer name here*

Sounds like something that came with the OEM Windows 7 machines are blocking it.

Is there a DNS server in each Site? If you are logged on to any XP or Server 2008 machine on Site 2 can you still not browse to Windows 7 machines via hostname in the second Site?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/ping-request-could-not-find-host-insert-windows-7-computer-name-here-664136.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello all and happy holidays I am having a problem with a friends laptop and hope you can help I am able to ping web addresses but IE will not connect I have a feeling it might be a virus cause but www.yahoo.com can connect not IE ping will malwarebytes and trojanremover keeps finding the same file over and over and will not delete it I have spent several hours researching and am out of luck I am posting a hijack this log cause i do believe a virus to be the culprit but am not sure I also tried to do a system restore but there are no restore points other than one from tonight Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx IE will not connect but can ping www.yahoo.com exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files IE will not connect but can ping www.yahoo.com HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe C Program IE will not connect but can ping www.yahoo.com Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Comcast Desktop Doctor bin sprtcmd exe C WINDOWS V Mon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Common Files SupportSoft bin bcont exe C Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exe C Program Files Creative Creative Live Cam Live Cam Manager CTLCMgr exe C Documents and Settings George Leroy Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files IEEE g USB Wireless LAN Wireless LAN WlanUtil exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqimzone exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Novatel Wireless Sprint Sprint PCS Connection Manager OSCMUtilityService exe C Program Files Comcast Desktop Doctor bin sprtsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA hpq Shared HPQTOA EXE C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY lion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http toolbar ask com toolbarv askR amp gct amp gc amp q R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Search URL http toolbar ask com toolbarv askR amp gct amp gc amp q R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http toolbar ask com toolbarv askR gct amp gc amp q s R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY lion amp pf laptop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http R - URLSearchHook no name - C E B- - A - B- B BEFC DB - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar no name - d e-fd b- e -b - d b f - no file O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - HKLM Run eh... Read more

A:IE will not connect but can ping www.yahoo.com

Hello and welcome to TSF

I would recommend that you go here; read and follow the instructions very carefully; then, post all the requested logs and information; as instructed, to here. (Just click on the coloured links.)

Once done, please be patient, as the Security Team Analysts are usually very busy; one of them will answer your request as soon as they can.

Good luck

Please also remember DO NOT post your logs in this thread, please start a new thread here. (Just click on the coloured link.) and post the logs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-will-not-connect-but-can-ping-www-yahoo-com-445185.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I've searched through all previous posts but the solutions have not helped me This is what is happening I can connect to the internet if both my ethernet and wireless Internet to but cannot Ping connect Can are connected If I disconnect the ethernet cable I cannot connect to the internet but I can ping websites The wireless connection seems to be configured properly Here is the ipconfig all with ethernet disconnected and wireless connected Windows IP Configuration Host Name workout Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown Can Ping but cannot connect to Internet IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel reg PRO Wireless BG Network Connection Physical Address - E- - -C - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Friday March PM Lease Expires Saturday March PM Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel reg PRO MT Mobile Connection Physical Address - A- B- - D- I've tried winsockfix I've tried lsp fix I've tried rolling back and updating the driver on my Pro MT nic I've tried updating my wirless card driver Here is my setup Win XP Business IBM thinkpad t Win Firewall off Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Can Ping but cannot connect to Internet

can you provide any more information?

What can you ping and how are you pinging it?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/303660/can-ping-but-cannot-connect-to-internet/
Relevancy 49.88%

My mom 7, to connect gateway ping not Can or Win has a dell inspiron running windows She has DSL network and everything was working fine then all the sudden it quit connecting to the internet I hooked my laptop to her -wire modem router and was able to connect I then took her desktop to my house and connected it to my network Same problem I have it wired to both routers I can do ipconfig and receive all the correct IP subnet gateway and DNS as on Win 7, Can not connect to or ping gateway my pc but it will not connect to the network I can also not ping the gateway from the pc I have also made all the entries static and still no luck I have ran malawarebytes and CCleaner Still no luck Any ideas When I run troubleshooter in Windows it states quot The default gateway is not available quot I have also tried running it back to a previous install point reinstalling nic driver and logging in with a different users I have exhausted all options that I know to do Thanks in advance for any help Doug

A:Win 7, Can not connect to or ping gateway

What Firewall and Anti-virus program is on the computer?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/362969/win-7-can-not-connect-to-or-ping-gateway/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have 5 PCs connected by using DI-604 router. As I using windows XP's workgroup to connect and share files and folders each others, I found out that I could not connect 2 of my PC within the workgroup. The 2 PCs can connect and get the files from others but others cannot connect to it. Also, The 2 PCs can connect to the internet as well.

When I try to ping the private IP address of the 2 PCs.. it shows "request time-out"...
and I already try to disable all anti virus applications and firewall.... So what else I can do to solve this problem ?

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi All,

I am working from home today and I needed to access my PC. The other day I setup 'Wake on LAN' and was therefore able to start my PC once I had remote desktoped on to the server. Having run the command I gave my machine a bit time to boot and tried to ping it to confirm it was up. The ping failed. Just out of curiosity I tried to access the c$ share and to my surprise it worked! So realy I have 2 questions:

1. Why cant I ping my computer despite it being on and accessible.
2. (and I suspect this is linked to 1) Why cant I get a remote desktop connection going.

My PC at home and the one at work is XP Pro SP2. The server is Windows server 2003. There is a hardware firewall and I am connected to the server over a Cisco VPN Client.

Any help greatfuly recieved,

Danny

Relevancy 49.88%

I had made a previous post but now it looks a though I m having problems finding a DNS Server I m enclosing a cop of the IE Diagnostic log -- maybe someone can helpme with this THANKS Last diagnostic run time HTTP HTTPS FTP Diagnostic HTTP HTTPS FTP connectivity Browsers Ping Can But Connect Won't warn FTP Passive Error connecting to ftp microsoft com The server name or address could not be resolved warn HTTP Error connecting to www microsoft com The server name or address could not be resolved warn HTTPS Error connecting to www microsoft com The server name or address could not be resolved warn HTTPS Error connecting to www passport net The server name or address could not be resolved warn FTP Active Error connecting to ftp microsoft com The server name or address could not be resolved warn HTTP Error connecting to Can Ping But Browsers Won't Connect www hotmail com The server name or address could not be resolved error Could not make an HTTP connection error Could not Can Ping But Browsers Won't Connect make an HTTPS connection error Could not make an FTP connection info Redirecting user to support call DNS Client Diagnostic DNS - Not a home user scenario info Using Web Proxy no info Resolving name ok for www microsoft com no warn Unrecognized WinSock NSP NWLink IPX SPX NetBIOS Compatible Transport Protocol No DNS servers DNS failure info Query www microsoft com against DNS Server Type x Options x e returns x Gateway Diagnostic Gateway info The following proxy configuration is being used by IE Automatically Detect Settings Enabled Automatic Configuration Script Proxy Server Proxy Bypass list info Could not get proxy settings via the Automatic Proxy Configuration mechanism info This computer has the following default gateway entry ies info This computer has the following IP address es info The default gateway is in the same subnet as this computer info The default gateway entry is a valid unicast address info The default gateway address was resolved via ARP in try ies info The default gateway was reached via ICMP Ping in try ies warn Hostname www microsoft com could not be resolved Error code x afc Could be either gateway or DNS issue action Automated repair Renew IP address action Releasing the current IP address action Successfully released the current IP address action Renewing the IP address action Successfully renewed the current IP address info This computer has the following default gateway entry ies info This computer has the following IP address es info The default gateway is in the same subnet as this computer info The default gateway entry is a valid unicast address info The default gateway address was resolved via ARP in try ies info The default gateway was reached via ICMP Ping in try ies warn Hostname www microsoft com could not be resolved Error code x afc Could be either gateway or DNS issue action Automated repair Reset network connection action Disabling the network adapter action Enabling the network adapter info Network adapter successfully enabled error Unexpected error from iphlpapi The pipe is being closed error Unexpected error from iphlpapi The pipe is being closed error Unexpected error from iphlpapi The pipe is being closed info This computer has the following default gateway entry ies info This computer has the following IP address es info The default gateway is in the same subnet as this computer info The default gateway entry is a valid unicast address info The default gateway address was resolved via ARP in try ies info The default gateway was reached via ICMP Ping in try ies warn Hostname www microsoft com could not be resolved Error code x afc Could be either gateway or DNS issue action Manual repair Reboot modem info This computer has the following default gateway entry ies info This computer has the following IP address es info The default gateway is in the same subnet as this computer info The default gateway entry is a valid unicast address info The default gateway address was ... Read more

A:Can Ping But Browsers Won't Connect

Usually error 12007 has to do with firewall/security. Check your firewall settings in the Admin Control Panel for Windows. It could also be because you need a security update from this location:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/337012/can-ping-but-browsers-wont-connect/
Relevancy 49.88%

i have 2 laptops and 2 desktop connected to my network, of which 1 desktop is running windows vista(32 bit), 1 laptop top running vista(64bit)
the 2nd laptop and desktop are running xp w/sp3.
i can connect to all 3 computers from the desktop running vista (32 bit) and the other way around.
i can connect from the laptop running vista (64bit) only to the vista desktop(32 bit)
i can ping all computers from any of the computers on the network.
but i am unable to connect to the 2 computers running xp from the laptop running vista(64 bit)

i have norton 360 running on the laptop but i have turned it off, i also turned off all windows firewalls/security setting, but i am still unable to connect.

ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD HELP A LOT
Thank You

A:Solved: able to ping but can not connect

after 4 days of searching for answers on the internet with no luck i went on symantec's web site ran one of there online problem fix programs which automatically downloaded updates eveything is working now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-able-to-ping-but-can-not-connect.817802/
Relevancy 49.88%

Personal laptop crashed yesterday - replaced hard drive after it to the XP ping connect Can't reinstall but can web and performed complete re-install utilizing OEM reinstall discs ThinkPad T - probably my th reinstall Can't connect to the web but can ping it after XP reinstall with same discs a Tried opening up IE and unable to open any website - nothing b Performed pings and tracerts - can ping yahoo with no issues c Verified NICs verified IEEE verification - check d Verified LAN connection looking for proxy - changed it to automatic vs unchecked - no change using either option e Installed Firefox - same result verified LAN Connectivity change to automatic and blank - both tests negative f Ran ipconfig - everything resolves correctly - g Ran ipconfig all - dns servers resolve correctly h Connected nd laptop to network everything works as should i Connected to another network - repeated same process with no joy to internet via either browser j verified hosts files k turned off firewall - no joy l hard coded ip - no joy m all pings and tracerts all come back as normal - times are good n turned off wireless hardwired - still no joy and vice versa o left both of them on and connected both of them still no joy Lastly - opened up account on techspot and waived white flag clueless at this point Fixin to flatten this puppy but I decided I would see if I could learn something instead Haven t upgraded NIC drivers at present but thought it was something else since the pings are working Will upgrade after resolving this All help is appreciated and highly encouraged TIA Rick nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-the-web-but-can-ping-it-after-xp-reinstall.167828/
Relevancy 49.88%

IE nor Mozilla will not access internet unless I first ping the network address at the command prompt. This happens whether I go through Earthlink TotalAccess or use IE directly. After the ping, web pages load. On the connection tab I have tried setting the connection to automatically detect setting and also to use the network IP with no luck.

I have no problem accessing Steam, Weattherbug or Avast antivirus, all load on startup. Have run Adaware, CWShredder, Spyware Blaster. Also have run Winsock Fix.

Any ideas?

Dom

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/need-to-ping-ip-address-before-ie-will-connect-38622.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi, I have a laptop that wirelessly connects to a router (Linksys WRT54G) this morning in the space of a minute it stopped working, and now none of my programs can connect to any website.

I've tried the following:
I can ping and trace both IPs and urls
A spyware and AV scan came up negative
I have no proxies setup
I have tried with my firewall off

A friend with the same wireless card and driver version can connect to the internet, as can my computer which is wired to the router, however, if I directly connect my laptop it still doesn't work (this normally fixes any connection issues).

Windows XP SP2
Atheros AR5005G (Ver 4.1.2.108)

Relevancy 49.88%

I have a home network consisting of a cable modem a Linksys router and computers This has all been working fine until about days ago One of the computers is a Lenovo laptop and it still works fine It uses an internal wirless adapter and connects to the router and then on to the internet It is that machine that I will use to communicate about the problem But Sites Can Connect Web Ping Cannot To The other box is an IBM ThinkCentre This is the system that is experiencing problems I had it using a wireless connection to the same router and cable modem and all was well About days ago I could not connect to any web sites The wireless connection was via an adapter plugged into a USB port Thinking that this might be the problem I disabled that connection and ran an ethernet cable between the desktop and the router BTW this is the cnnection I used when I originally set up the network about months ago The symptoms I have seen are I can ping a number of sites I can ping the router I CANNOT log on to the router from the desk top box but I can log on from the lap top Most of the time I CANNOT connect to web sites from the desk top box although I can from the laptop I say quot most of the time quot because following a reboot I can connect for the next - minutes -- then nothing Using IBM PCOMM telnet I think I can reach a remote TSO system A few days ago WINDOWS update ran and downloaded updates I suspect this is FTP I run NORTON AV Symantec but I currently have most of it turned off thinking that security might be part of the issue NORTON LiveUpdate ran sucessfully a day or so ago Again I think this is probably FTP Since this box cannot get on the internet I was unable to run Kaspersky I did run DSS and HJT Here are Can Ping But Cannot Connect To Web Sites the logs Can Ping But Cannot Connect To Web Sites Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Beverly Hadden on - - Computer is in Normal Can Ping But Cannot Connect To Web Sites Mode ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- System Restore --------------------------------------------------------------Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - System CheckpointBacked up registry hives Performed disk cleanup Total Physical Memory MiB MiB recommended -- HijackThis run as Beverly Hadden exe --------------------------------------Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system Drivers trcboot exeC Program Files IBM Personal Communications PCS AGNT EXEC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeC WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXEC Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exeC WINDOWS System svchost exec Program Files IBM IBM Rapid Restore Ultra rrpcsb exeC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter Wireless Network Monitor WLService exeC Program Files Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter Wireless Network Monitor WUSB GC exeC WINDOWS system Drivers ldlcserv exeC WINDOWS system Drivers ldlcserv exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system ntvdm exeC Program Files IBM Personal Communications tpam exeC Program Files Support com bin tgcmd exeC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exeC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exeC WINDOWS system ICO EXEC Pr... Read more

A:Can Ping But Cannot Connect To Web Sites

Hello LongDay. to BleepingComputer.comMy name is Billy O'Neal and I will be helping you. (Billy or Bill is fine, if you like.)Please give me some time to look over your computer's log(s).Please take note of the following:In the meantime, please refrain from making any changes to your computer.Also, even if things appear to be running better, there is no guarantee that everything is finished. Please continue to check this forum post in order to ensure we get your system completely clean. We do not want to clean you part-way up, only to have the system re-infect itself. If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing. I would much rather clarify instructions or explain them differently than have something important broken.Finally, please reply using the button in the lower left hand corner of your screen.Please note: For future logs, please be sure DSS.EXE is named DSS.EXE and is located on your desktop. Several instructions will depend on DSS being in this location ;)Please run Deckard's System Scanner again, this time using these instructions:(In the event you lost your copy, you can download a new one from here: Deckard's System Scanner)Click on Start, click on RunCopy and paste the following in the open window and then click OK:
"%userprofile%\desktop\dss.exe" /configThis will open up DSS configurationClick on Check All.Click Scan.
DSS will now run again.Please post back both logs that open in notepad.
Main.txt and Extra.txtSee you soon,Billy3

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/152400/can-ping-but-cannot-connect-to-web-sites/
Relevancy 49.88%

I just recently moved and despite a significant upgrade in internet speed I am having the most peculiar and annoying issue My computer windows pro bit os will not connect to Connect Cannot facebook.com or ping to facebook in any shape or form I have tried using the direct ip and DNS name Cannot Connect to or ping facebook.com on Firefox chrome and IE I ve tried renewing but my internal and public ip addresses I can not change my external ip but have tried different internal ip addresses with the same result Everyone else can get on facebook Cannot Connect to or ping facebook.com with their computers and I can get on with my laptop but just not my desktop It s worth mentioning that before I moved I was having strange issue with facebook webpage authentication on just this computer as well Anyways When I ping www facebook com I get Pinging www facebook com with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss And then my ipconfig C Users Josh gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Josh-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Network Bridge Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix launchmodem com Description MAC Bridge Miniport Physical Address - - D- - E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description RangeMax Dual Band Wireless-N USB Adapt Physical Address - B- F-BB- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a e d c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday January PM Lease Expires Friday January PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - C- - D- - F-D - - - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap B -BE F- A D-B D - B B A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes And then tracert which I don t know how to read C Users Josh gt tracert www facebook com Tracing route to www facebook com over a maximum of hops ms lt ms lt ms Request timed out ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ae- - cr dca tbone rr com ms ms ms ms ms ms xe- - - er iad us above net ms ms ms xe- - - cr dca us above net ms ms ms xe- - - cr dca us above net ms ms ms xe- - - cr iah us above net ms ms ms xe- - - cr lax us above net ms ms ms xe- - - cr sjc us above net ms ms ms xe- - - mpr sjc us above net ms ms ms ms ms ms ae bb sjc tfbnw net ms ms ms ae bb prn tfbnw net ms ms ms ae dr prn tfbnw net Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Trace complete I have tried disabling and installing AVG free as well as disabling window firewall with no change I don t really care about facebook that much but I would like to find and resolve this issue Ideas thanks nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi So here's what's happening to me I set up a Windows computer to act as a VPN server using Window's built in PPTP server so that I can't VPN my VPN to can I ping but I my server. connect could connect to I can connect to my VPN but I can't ping my VPN server. my home network when I am elsewhere and be able to access shared folders in that network I set up the server and everything seemed to work fine I created a new incoming connection checked the quot Through the Internet quot box made sure IPv wasn't selected and disabled the automatic DHCP thing and replaced it with a range of IP's I could connect to it a my external IP on the client machine changed to my home IP but I couldn't see all of my network shares None showed up under the quot Network quot tab in Windows Explorer but I could access some by manually typing in the IP fine by me But I also had shared folders that were on the computer acting as the VPN server and I couldn't access those I tried to ping the VPN server but nothing I could ping other machines in the network but the ping request would always time out when I tried to ping the VPN server The server could ping the client computer but the reverse wasn't working I can't seem to figure out why this is happening I tried searching around online but I found a lot of people that did something that solved it but that when I do it nothing changes Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks in advance

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/68697-i-can-connect-my-vpn-but-i-cant-ping-my-vpn-server.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello My mum's computer has issues It's old and slow and won't connect to the internet She's running Windows XP on an old Dell desktop She has almost nothing installed on it I installed AVG free on there for her as before that she only had the Windows firewall She keeps getting KEYPORT errors when she tries to connect to MSN messenger and HTTP ping connect can't but Can HELP! to internet! HTTPS FTP errors when she tries to use IE Anyway she can't connect to the internet at all but can ping www google com easily so I ran through my normal amateur help desk things - restart PC amp modem twice as well as checking the DNS amp IP addresses trying both dynamic and static and the LAN settings as suggested by my google search Is there anything else I can try Is it possible it is a virus Please help She spends her life playing Bridge and Wordox online and is missing them Thanks very much k

A:Can ping but can't connect to internet! HELP!

Please do the following steps

Start run and type cmd

type netsh winsock reset catalog
type netsh int ip reset reset.log

please get back to us after doing so

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/can-ping-but-cant-connect-to-internet-help-490757.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Before I go into detail let me say that I know that this sort of a Can ping, through browser connect can't but thing has been reported and solved several times before I did spend a lot of time searching but none of the solutions I've tried worked Please don't just re-direct me to another topic I'm working on somebody's Can ping, but can't connect through a browser computer and he reported that the browser doesn't work Other computers on the same network could connect It doesn't work on mine either As the title says I can ping websites but if I try to load Google or any other site I get quot Firefox cannot find the server at whatever com quot or quot This page cannot be displayed quot on IE These are things I've tried so far A few of them I didn't expect to work but I tried them anyway netsh int ip reset c resetlog txt netsh winsock reset netsh winsock reset catalog ipconfig flushdns ipconfig release ipconfig renew Norton Removal Tool I found Norton Internet Security remnants in the registry Resetting Internet Explorer settings Modifying these registry settings Safe Mode with Networking Disabling the firewall Running avast and Malwarebytes to remove any malware just PUP toolbars Manually setting Firefox to not use a proxy server even if the system settings have one Running the Network Troubleshooter couldn't identify the problem Does anybody else have suggestions

A:Can ping, but can't connect through a browser

Quote: Originally Posted by JoostinOnline

~~~
...he reported that the browser doesn't work.
Other computers on the same network could connect.
It doesn't work on mine either.
~~~

Please explain.
It does not work when you log on to his computer using your credentials?
It does not work when you plug your computer into his network jack?

Does surfing to 63.96.4.56 (Google) fail?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/371214-can-ping-but-cant-connect-through-browser.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Per Go The Power here is my new thread with the logs that were requested not can connect ping IE will www.yahoo.com but Hello all and happy holidays I am having a problem IE will not connect but can ping www.yahoo.com with a friends laptop and hope you can help I am able to ping web addresses but IE will not connect I have a feeling it might be a virus cause malwarebytes and trojanremover keeps finding the same file over and over and will not delete it I have spent several hours researching and am out of luck I also tried to do a system restore but there are no restore points other than one from tonight DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by George Leroy at on Sun Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - FW Norton Internet Worm Protection disabled F - CEE- EA-A A-D ADD EA E Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS V Mon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Common Files SupportSoft bin bcont exe C Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exe C Program Files Creative Creative Live Cam Live Cam Manager CTLCMgr exe C Documents and Settings George Leroy Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe C Program Files IEEE g USB Wireless LAN Wireless LAN WlanUtil exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqimzone exe svchost exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Novatel Wireless Sprint Sprint PCS Connection Manager OSCMUtilityService exe C Program Files Comcast Desktop Doctor bin sprtsvc exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C PROGRA hpq Shared HPQTOA EXE C Documents and Settings George Leroy Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uSearch Page hxxp www google com uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie mDefault Page URL hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf laptop mDefault Search URL hxxp toolbar ask com toolbarv askRedirect o amp gct amp gc amp q uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf laptop uInternet Settings ProxyServer http uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uSearchURL Default hxxp toolbar ask com toolbarv askRedirect o amp gct amp gc amp q s mSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uURLSearchHooks H - No File BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll TB d e-fd b- e -b - d b f - No File TB Google Toolbar c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll TB C E A- F - E-B E- B - No File uRun MSMSGS quot c program files messenger msmsgs exe quot background uRun swg quot c program files google googletoolbarnotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe quot uRun Desktop S... Read more

A:IE will not connect but can ping www.yahoo.com

Hello, and Welcome to TSF.

Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

Before beginning the fix, read this post completely. If there's anything that you do not understand, kindly ask your questions before proceeding. Ensure that there aren't any opened browsers when you are carrying out the procedures below. Save the following instructions in Notepad as this webpage would not be available when you're carrying out the fix.

It is IMPORTANT that you don't miss a step & perform everything in the correct order/sequence.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms diminish. Lack of symptoms does not always mean the job is complete.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by me or another helper at this forum.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

uInternet Settings,ProxyServer = http=127.0.0.1:5555

Remove Proxy

*In IE: Tools Menu -> Internet Options -> Connections Tab ->Lan Settings > uncheck "use a proxy server" or reconfigure the Proxy server again in case you have set it previously.

Download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Link 1
Link 2

* IMPORTANT !!! Place combofix.exe on your Desktop
Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with ComboFix.

You can get help on disabling your protection programs here
Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed.

Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

The Windows recovery console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery mode that allows us to help you in the case that your computer has a problem after an attempted removal of malware.

With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal.

Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement.

ComboFix will now automatically install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console onto your computer, which will show up as a new option when booting up your computer. Do not select the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console option when you start your computer unless requested to by a helper.

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see a message that says:

The Recovery Console was successfully installed.

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.
Your desktop may go blank. This is normal. It will return when ComboFix is done. ComboFix may reboot your machine. This is normal.
When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Post that log in your next reply

Note:
Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall.

Ensure your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications are re-enabled.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/ie-will-not-connect-but-can-ping-www-yahoo-com-445293.html
Relevancy 49.88%

This one will drive me crazy.

Skype works fine, Ping and Tracert responding with no problem both on IP's and with domains.

But neither Outlook or IE (tried 7 & 8) cann connect to servers.

IE answers with "Can't display page" and address line for URL's typed changes to http:\\\
FireFox answers with cannot connect to server <typed URL domain>

Live Messenger can't connect and gives error 80072efd...
Solver tests tell:
IP -ok
Gateway -ok
IE Connection -ok
Hosts file -ok
DNS -ok
Proxy server -ok
Key Ports !!! not ok

Windows Firewall disabled, Defender disabled... what is happening?

A:Solved: Can't display page IE7, IE8 & Firefox with Ping anydomain.com okay

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-display-page-ie7-ie8-firefox-with-ping-anydomain-com-okay.836024/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey guys I while to WIFI being able Can't to ethernet connect connect to m new to this forum and wasn t sure where to post this question but I decided to put it here as it seems to be where most people have had internet queries I m a bit perplexed at the moment For the last few days I ve been trying to somehow fix my internet problem I scoured other forums for similar questions and tried all the things they ve said and still had no luck so I ve run out of options and decided to Can't connect to ethernet while being able to connect to WIFI set up this Can't connect to ethernet while being able to connect to WIFI account and ask myself I have a virgin media super hub Recently the ethernet cable wouldn t connect I tried other ethernet cables to see if it was due to me breaking it and no luck Not sure if it s a coincidence or not but at the same time I also wasn t able to connect to the ghz supplied by the router So I m left with ghz wireless at the moment My friend also can t connect to the ghz on the router so it might be something to do with the router rather than my laptop but I m not sure what would have caused it in the last few days it s a new router hub too only about a month old I think generally you re supposed to post your ipconfig Which I ll post if asked I ve tried flushing the DNS ipconfig renew release etc So i m really stuck for ideas nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

Hello all I changed my router access password and wireless WPA Pre-Shared key today by logging in at After that I realized that my wireless would still connect but it wouldn t load up webpages quickly or at all for that matter I tried to troubleshoot just based on the things I know to do e g flushdns winsock fix release renew wireless adapter properties changing the preferred and alternate DNS servers etc When I still was able to connect to wireless I ran troubleshooter It came back that it was properly configured by the DNS server was not responding I m writing this connect won't with Ethernet connect Wifi Can post with my ethernet Can connect with Ethernet Wifi won't connect cable in my computer because wireless won t even connect anymore It says RCA on the physical router but when Can connect with Ethernet Wifi won't connect I login it says quot Thomson quot Can someone help Thanks Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA NBWAA Antivirus AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi guys,

I've just bought a Netgear N300 wireless router which is running through a Sagem Fast 1201.

I've sucessfully connected one laptop(running Vista) and my Iphone, but the Acer Aspire netbook (running Windows Xp) I use around the house doesn't seem to want to connect. It works fine through Ethernet when plugged into the router but with wireless its a no go. The netbook uses a Atheros AR5007EG Wireless adaptor if thats any help.

Your help will be very much appreciated, its doing my head in!

Relevancy 49.45%

For some reason, my computer has been only connecting to ethernet recently. And I don't know what's going on, except for the fact that I recently performed a factory reset on my computer, and for some reason it caused a few problems on my laptop, most of which were fixed eventually though. However, I couldn't actually get it to connect with Wi-Fi networks, and it will only let me connect to Ethernet. Thank you very much for helping.

A:How do I connect to Wi-Fi when my laptop can only connect to ethernet?

Enable Automatically deliver drivers via Windows Update (Step 3)
then Check for Updates, install all Important and Optional Updates. After requested reboots keep checking back for more Updates until they are all done.

Look in Device Manager to make sure Wireless driver is installed and functional.

Rightclick on the network icon in System Tray, open Network and Sharing Center, click on Change Adapter Settings, make sure Wireless adapter is enabled. If so rightclick to run its Troubleshooter.

The factory WIn7 is an inferior install larded with bloatware and duplicate utilties which interfere with better versions built into Win7. Most tech enthusiasts prefer to Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7. At the minimum I'd Clean Up Factory Bloatware.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/308292-how-do-i-connect-wi-fi-when-my-laptop-can-only-connect-ethernet.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi all,
I've a problem do not understand, and help me to solve: 
1. Clients (Windows 7 Pro SP1) can't ping/connect to server (Windows Server 2003 SP1 x64bit) but server can ping/connect to client
- Firewall turn off Server and Client
- Note: Clients (Windows 7 XP SP1) can ping/connect to server (Windows Server 2003 SP1 x64bit) but server can ping/connect to client
- If I setup the new clients (Windows 7 XP SP1) and join domain that difficult and appear error
- I added a host (A) in DNS server but the client does not ping... (- Request timedout)
System info:
DC AD
IP Address: 192.168.1.3
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Geteway: 192.168.1.10
DHCP Server: 192.167.1.4
DNS Server: 192.168.1.4
2. Error info
Sources: DNS - Event ID: 4007 
Sources: DNS - Event ID: 4015
Sources: NetBT - Event ID: 4321
Sources: dhcpServer - Event ID: 1059

A:[HELP] Clients can't ping/connect to server but server can ping/connect to clients

Hi,

The security programs may affect the connection between windows 7 and DNS server.
I would suggest you to disable all the security programs and firewall to check the issue.

Also, check if the clients can ping each other successfully.

Test it
in
Clean Boot and
Safe Mode and check if there are conflicts.

Regarding the error information, you may refer to the following articles.
Event ID 1059 ? DHCP Server Active Directory Availability
"Duplicate Name Exists" Error Message When You Start a Windows XP Workstation
Event ID:4321
Windows Server 2008:
Troubleshoot Event ID 4015 ? DNS Server Active Directory IntegrationTracy Cai
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9fd0d226-cdd7-4625-b030-b1c3f9a0d03e/help-clients-cant-pingconnect-to-server-but-server-can-pingconnect-to-clients?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 49.45%
Relevancy 49.45%

I cannot conntect to my local database server from start->run.But I can ping to that IP.I need to get a file from that datavase server.Pl help me.

Thanks

Relevancy 49.45%

Title pretty much sums it all up I got the stupid ping exe rootkit that we eating my cpu alive After some forum searching I ran across tdss removed connect I ping.exe internet but can now to not killer I ran it and it found nothing the first time I then told it to check for suspicious signitures and it popped up with two I had tdss ping.exe removed but now I can not connect to internet delete both of the risks and it rebooted my computer afterwords My cpu is now doing fine and I no longer see the ping exe causing issues however I can no longer connect to any wireless network I have two wireless routers and I was able to connect to one of them as tdss was running After the reboot I was ale to see the routers and connect to them but it gets stuck at identifying and I have no internet connection I can not find where tdss stored the logs of what exactly was removed so I can not post them If I find the before some one responds I will update the post Until then anyhelp will be greatly appreciated

A:ping.exe removed but now I can not connect to internet

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/435382 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/435382/pingexe-removed-but-now-i-can-not-connect-to-internet/
Relevancy 49.45%

I'm on my work's LAN and I use my machine as a web server so I can do some testing with work projects. The problem I'm having is that while I can access my web server (through localhost/127.0.0.1/machine name/ip address) others inside the LAN with me cannot. They can ping my box no problem, but when they try to access it through http, they get Page Cannot Be Displayed.

I've been scouring around now for a bit and cannot resolve this issue. Any thoughts?

Relevancy 49.45%

after changing to verizon fios (had cable modem from comcast) i was unable to connect to the internet, I could connet to the router but no internet ,i have a linksys adapter on a ibm notebook running xp , i can still connect on comcast but not fios i have spoken to both linksys and verizon both could not help, i can ping yahoo

Relevancy 49.45%

Netgear CG3100D (Wireless-N Cable Gateway issued by ONO in Spain). All my computers on the network can connect to the internet without issue, can share files, see each other etc. All devices can be pinged, including the router. However accessing the configuration page seems to be impossible over wireless or wired connections. Hopefully someone can shed some light on this for me. IP of the router is 192.168.1.1 DHCP range from 1.3 - 1.254. 192.168.1.2 is an additional bridge with NAT and DHCP etc disabled, just provides more ports to connect to the network. The configuration page for this device is curiously accessible however.

A:Can ping router but can't connect in browser.

Quote: Originally Posted by whitebloodcell

Netgear CG3100D (Wireless-N Cable Gateway issued by ONO in Spain). All my computers on the network can connect to the internet without issue, can share files, see each other etc. All devices can be pinged, including the router. However accessing the configuration page seems to be impossible over wireless or wired connections. Hopefully someone can shed some light on this for me. IP of the router is 192.168.1.1 DHCP range from 1.3 - 1.254. 192.168.1.2 is an additional bridge with NAT and DHCP etc disabled, just provides more ports to connect to the network. The configuration page for this device is curiously accessible however.

Access page may be being blocked by AV. browser uses tcpip and port 80 ping uses other ports.

try disabling av and firewall.

Also setup page should be on 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.0

what happens when you try? do you get an error message?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/137420-can-ping-router-but-cant-connect-browser.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I ve searched through all previous posts but the solutions have not helped me This is what is happening I can but Can Internet to Wireless - ping cannot connect connect to the internet if both my ethernet and wireless are connected If I disconnect the ethernet cable I cannot connect to the internet but I can ping websites I pinged google with zero packets lost The wireless connection seems to be configured properly Here is the ipconfig all with ethernet disconnected and wireless connected ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Windows IP Configuration Host Name workout Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Can ping but cannot connect to Internet - Wireless Suffix Description Intel PRO Wireless BG Network Connection Physical Address - E- - -C - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Can ping but cannot connect to Internet - Wireless Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Friday March PM Lease Expires Saturday March PM Ethernet Can ping but cannot connect to Internet - Wireless adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel PRO MT Mobile Connection Physical Address - A- B- - D- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I ve tried winsockfix I ve tried lsp fix I ve tried rolling back and updating the driver on my Pro MT nic I ve tried updating my wirless card driver I ran the windows Network Diagnostics on the wireless connection and this is what I got ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Last diagnostic run time WinSock Diagnostic WinSock status info Error attmpting to validate the Winsock base providers error Not all base service provider entries could be found in the winsock catalog A reset is needed info Redirecting user to support call -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Network Adapter Diagnostic Network location detection info Using home Internet connection Network adapter identification info Network connection Name Local Area Connection Device Intel PRO MT Mobile Connection MediaType LAN SubMediaType LAN info Network connection Name Wireless Network Connection Device Intel PRO Wireless BG Network Connection MediaType LAN SubMediaType WIRELESS info Both Ethernet and Wireless connections available prompting user for selection action User input required Select network connection info Wireless connection selected Network adapter status info Network connection status Connected -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- HTTP HTTPS FTP Diagnostic HTTP HTTPS FTP connectivity info FTP Passive Successfully connected to ftp microsoft com warn HTTP Error connecting to www microsoft com The operation timed out warn HTTPS Error connecting to www microsoft com The operation timed out warn HTTP Error connecting to www hotmail com The operation timed out warn HTTPS Error connecting to www passport net The operation timed out error Could not make an HTTP connection error Could not make an HTTPS connection ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Here is my setup Win XP Pro IBM thinkpad t Win Firewall off No Virus protection I had Avast installed but uninstalled to figure out this problem I can connect to the wireless router with a different laptop and on my Touch just fine Same behavior in both Firefox and IE Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,

In the office we have 3 printers (2 network 1 attached locally to my machine). I can ping all of the printers and no packets are dropped, however I cannot connect to them.

I know the printers arent faulty because all of the other staff have no problems printing.

I have tried re-installing drivers, disconnecting the printer and reconnecting it etc. and I just cant find what the problem is!

the 2 network printers are:

Epson PX720WD
Brother 7045N

The laptop is an Alienware with Windows 7 Professional.

Any help is much appreciated as this is a very strange problem!

Relevancy 49.45%

We have a main office and a branch office that are connected with a dedicated T1 line. The branch office is a child domain to the main office:

oci.local and fm.oci.local with ip ranges 192.168.0.X and 192.168.1.X respectively.

A handful of computers in the oci.local domain can not communicate across the dedicated line. No ping or connections. About 30 computers there and only a handful can not connect.

Each office has a Patton 2603 gateway that connects the dedicated line. A tracert shows the attempt dieing at that device. Not sure if there could be something in the gateway blocking it. I can not access the device because our previous IT staff changed the user and pass .

Any utilities out there or ideas of how I can troubleshoot to narrow down the culprit? I am not an expert so any help is appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-computers-ping-connect-fine-and-other-dont.901813/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a problem with my computer which has high ping on Command 2 on ping on High low ping Computer 1, Computer Prompt The ping from Command Prompt quot ping lt my ip gt -t quot either goes very high or says quot High ping on Computer 1, low ping on Computer 2 Request timed out quot then the internet completely stops working for computer High ping and when I disconnect and connect back i m unable to connect So then I would have to take the wireless USB out and put it back in again and sometimes this fixes the ping but shortly after the ping goes high again nevertheless I m able to connect back When I put High ping on Computer 1, low ping on Computer 2 the same wireless USB into computer low ping the ping is just fine it doesn t go high at all works perfectly and is kept low I have a Belkin F D Enhanced Wireless USB Adapter High ping on Computer 1, low ping on Computer 2 This is the opposite to computer The ping for computer randomly goes high It goes over ms sometimes The internet connection is working stops working working stops working How can I fix this Computer Details Computer OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Phenom tm Triple-Core Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GS Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard OEM MB NARRA Antivirus Lavasoft Ad-Aware Disabled nbsp

A:High ping on Computer 1, low ping on Computer 2

Please help. Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/high-ping-on-computer-1-low-ping-on-computer-2.1058933/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi all

I have got a new desktop PC, which works fine with Ethernet but I am not able to connect through wireless.When I tried to connect to the broadband, it says error connecting to the Broadband connection
Error 651: The modem (or other connecting device) has reported error. However, same comnnection works very well with my vista home premium Dell Laptop.

Thanks in advance
Pxray

A:HP Pavillion PC with windows 8 works ethernet works well but not able to connect through wireless

How to reset TCP/IP by using the NetShell utility

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-pc-with-windows-8-works-ethernet-works-well-but-not-able-to-connect-through-wireless.202705/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have recently been having a strange issue with my computer For some reason i can no longer access the the internet through my wireless router I have tried the network diagnostic tool in Windows and it claimed that my drivers needed to be updated I updated the drivers and still no connectivity I have tried pinging my router gateway IP and i recieve quot transmit failed General failure quot message I have retried pinging it using Internet. to or Can't Solved: Connect Ping Router, a different ethernet cable and i still have the same error message My roommate who i share internet with is able to connect to my network and the internet with no problem Also i used to be able to acess the internet using my phone as a hotspot That no longer works either The only changes to my system that have happened prior to Solved: Can't Ping Router, or Connect to Internet. this problem occurring is that i removed several viruses from my computer and ran a program to clean my registry I think there may be a chance that a virus somehow interfered with my network settings Any suggestions nbsp

A:Solved: Can't Ping Router, or Connect to Internet.

"General failure" is often caused by a misconfigured or corrupted firewall. But viruses and the "program to clean my registry" also have to be considered serious suspects.

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-ping-router-or-connect-to-internet.1061546/
Relevancy 49.02%

hi this is really starting to piss me off now basically after a certain amount of time could be hour hours or any time i stop being able to use the internet wich is weird because im connected to the internet but i cant use firefox or even ping my router but the weird thing is i can download using U Torrent when the connection to everything else is gone what is going on please any idea s when i diagnose and repair my net it says i have a malfunctioning LSP but why would it work fine then malfunction my ipconfig is Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Jordan Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - - - A- -BD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d f fb b d Preferred IPv cant i but to cant i while anything even ping use atfer utorrent a can connect router Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained May atfer a while i cant connect to anything cant even ping router but i can use utorrent Lease Expires May Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - E-A - E- - - - - A- -BD DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F C CE- E- C -AB - DC F br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef bc c e b e dfa Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe c e b e dfa Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F C CE- E- C -AB - DC F br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F C CE- E- C -AB - DC F br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F C CE- E- C -AB - DC F br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Windows system gt A i am using a wired connection please get back to me thanks Jordan nbsp

A:atfer a while i cant connect to anything cant even ping router but i can use utorrent

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/atfer-a-while-i-cant-connect-to-anything-cant-even-ping-router-but-i-can-use-utorrent.926110/
Relevancy 49.02%

Oops Google Chrome could not connect to but i can ping it via command prompt I am on Windows x Please See attachement for screenshot DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Happy Manah at on - - Microsoft Windows GMT AV Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC windows system svchost exe -k RPCSSC windows system atiesrxx exeC windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC windows system dwm exeC windows system atieclxx exeC windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC windows System spoolsv exeC Program Files x Connectify ConnectifyService exeC ProgramData DatacardService HWDeviceService exeC Program Files to... (but connect to able Oops! not ping). could Chrome Google x Connectify ConnectifyD exeC windows system dashost exeC ProgramData Mobile Partner Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to... (but able to ping). OnlineUpdate ouc exec Program Files Common Files Protexis License Service PsiService exeC Program Files x Dell Backup and Recovery SftService exeC windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC windows system EscSvc exeC windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonationC windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNetC Program Files x Connectify ConnectifyNetServices exeC Program Files x Intel Bluetooth devmonsrv exeC Program Files x Intel Bluetooth obexsrv exeC Program Files Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorDataMgrSvc exeC Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC windows system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exeC windows system taskhostex exeC windows Explorer EXEC Program Files x Dell Backup and Recovery TOASTER EXEC Program Files x Dell Backup and Recovery Components DBRUpdate DBRUpd exeC Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files Elantech ETDCtrl exeC WINDOWS System hkcmd exeC Program Files Elantech ETDCtrlHelper exeC Program Files Elantech ETDGesture exeC WINDOWS System igfxpers exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exeC Program Files x uTorrent uTorrent exeC Program Files Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exeC Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exeC Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exeC windows system NOTEPAD EXEC Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exeC windows system notepad exeC windows system taskhost exeC ProgramData Mobile Partner OnlineUpdate LiveUpd exeC Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC windows SysWOW javaw exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Windows System Macromed Flash FlashUtil ActiveX exeC Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exeC windows system SearchProtocolHost exeC windows system SearchFilterHost exeC windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxps www google co in uDefault Page URL www dell commWinlogon Userinit userinit exeBHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program File... Read more

A:Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to... (but able to ping).

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/540385 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/540385/oops-google-chrome-could-not-connect-to-but-able-to-ping/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi all,

This is my first post,

My main computer is just about dead (ill be doing the 8 steps later) - im using it now and "borrowing" a neighbor's internet connection because mine is acting weird.

a friend loaned me a laptop while i fix my other comp, the laptop cant connect to the internet.

I just got done talking to tech support, and we pinged a couple sites, that all worked. but something is keeping IE from accessing the internet,

There is only windows standard firewall, and i took that down for now. i dont know what is blocking internet access!

Can someone help?

A:Cannot Connect to internet, Firewall is down and I can Ping out, what is wrong?

Hi Ryan

Get the Attachment on a Flash drive or burn to CD get to the desktop of the problem computer.

Click here: try to get the attachment the malware may allow programs to run!

On this board Executable (.EXE ) can not be attached so download the Fixit.zip Rt Click it get Properties and in the name box change from Fixit.zip to Fixit.exe.

Boot to Safe mode and execute it. When it reboots execute it once again from normal boot. When it boots back up you should be able to work somewhat normally, at least to do the 8 Step Process.

Mike

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-connect-to-internet-firewall-is-down-and-i-can-ping-out-what-is-wrong.116782/
Relevancy 49.02%

When I try to ping ipv6.xsnews.nl on either of my Windows 7 computers, it returns "Ping request could not find host". But when I do it on XP, it succeeds. I have tried putting the W7 PC in the DMZ, disabling the software firewall but it doesn't help.

What I think it involves is having ipv6 installed on each. I tried to duplicate the setup of both the XP and a W7 computer, installing the gogo6 tunnel. But apparently it's not setup on this computer because the ping result is the same as on the third computer which hasn't had ipv6 installed.

I'm not sure where to even start in troubleshooting this since I've tried googling the error message and find lots of unrelated problems.

A:Can't ping/connect ipv6 host on Win7 vs XP

Half solved! Not the better half though.

I found out the reason why I could ping that and other sites that had ipv6-ness was that I was using an OpenDNS DNS on the XP computer. When I moved it to the Win7, I was able to ping.

But the problem remains, why am I not able to access ipv6 servers, and why do sites say I have no ipv6 data?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-ping-connect-ipv6-host-on-win7-vs-xp.993786/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello, I have set up a wireless network and ive got to the stage were file and printer sharing works and i can ping every part of my internet connection as well as my routers ip but i cant connect to the internet!

Heres my setup:

I have a US Robotics 125mpbs DSL Router, (192.168.2.1) and it can be pinged. Plugged into the router i have a DSL connection which is fuctioning and is detected by the router, (i know the DSL works due to the pc wired to it can connect to the internet).

The problem is connecting to the internet wirelessly via a laptop, (the laptop has printer sharing and file sharing working fine as well as pinging servers).

Do i have a wrong setting on internet explorer?

Many Thanks!

Alex

A:Cannot connect to access point's internet but can ping it as well as DNS and GATEWAY

Not sure I fully understand your setup yet. If I'm reading this right, you have a DSL Router, but your DSL Router is plugged into a DSL connection?
Does this mean you have 2 sepparate boxes, or is your DSL connection and router the same box? And so is this a DLS modem/router/wireless all-in-one?

Anyway, I would take a look in the wireless setup area of the router for any type of security measures, like MAC filtering or encryption keys and so forth. And make sure all the data is there for the laptop.

If you plug the laptop into the router using Ethernet, does it get online then?
From what you say, because file and printer sharing works, and you can ping the router, I am assuming that you have a proper IP address and so maybe that is not the issue. In other words, there is nothing WRONG with your wireless connection. But instead there is something wrong with your laptop.

The other all to common problem is with antivirus/firewall software such as Norton Internet Security. The firewall is notorious for blocking everything whether you want to or not, and whether the firewall is turned off or not. It just does what it wants to I guess. So check your software.

The last thing I don't get is, you said you can "ping servers". Does this mean you can ping external servers like google and ebay and yahoo? Can you go into command prompt and type "ping www.google.com". If it says unknown host, try pinging an external IP address instead, googles would be: "ping 66.102.7.99"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-connect-to-access-points-internet-but-can-ping-it-as-well-as-dns-and-gateway.44441/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi there everyone I'm hoping you could help me with my problem PC can't My Transmit To Internet 5 Ping Cant Log HJT - Code - Failed Connect connect to the internet Here's my HJT log TIA Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP My HJT Log - Cant Connect To Internet - Ping Transmit Failed Code 5 SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C WINDOWS CDProxyServ exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS My HJT Log - Cant Connect To Internet - Ping Transmit Failed Code 5 eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Charter High-Speed Security Suite Anti-Virus fsgk st exe C Program Files Charter High-Speed Security Suite Anti-Virus FSGK EXE C Program Files Charter High-Speed Security Suite backweb program fsbwsys exe C Program Files Charter High-Speed Security Suite Anti-Virus fssm exe C Program Files Charter High-Speed Security Suite Common FSMA EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Charter High-Speed Security Suite Common FSMB EXE C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaantmon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Charter High-Speed Security Suite Common FCH EXE C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Charter High-Speed Security Suite Anti-Virus fsqh exe C Program Files Charter High-Speed Security Suite Common FAMEH EXE C Program Files Charter High-Speed Security Suite Anti-Virus fsav exe C Program Files Charter High-Speed Security Suite FWES Program fsdfwd exe C Program Files Charter High-Speed Security Suite Anti-Virus fsrw exe C Program Files Charter High-Speed Security Suite FSPC fspc exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Gateway GWCares GWCares exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL AOLSPY AOLSP Scheduler exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Motorola SMSERIAL sm hlpr exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopIndex exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopDisplay exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Charter High-Speed Security Suite Common FSM EXE C Program Files Charter High-Speed Security Suite FSGUI ispnews exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop temp procexp exe C WINDOWS system sys filesystem sys DRMServer exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop temp avg free a exe C DOCUME ADMINI LOCALS Temp RarSFX avgsetup exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN ymsgr tray exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG avgwb dat C Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop temp hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie ch search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/my-hjt-log-cant-connect-to-internet-ping-transmit-failed-code-5-a-191927.html
Relevancy 48.59%

So all the computers seems able to connect to the internet except one My ip config all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Fang-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R DC Gigabit Network Connecti on Physical Address C - A-A -FF-FE-EE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description n Wireless LAN Card Physical Address C- - D-DA- - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c a d e b c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained November- - AM Lease Expires November- the the host...Can't find to request internet connect not Ping could - AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A- -C - C-C - A-A -FF-FE-EE DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap A -B C- Ping request could not find the host...Can't connect to the internet EC -BF - AFA AA D A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Need help nbsp

A:Ping request could not find the host...Can't connect to the internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ping-request-could-not-find-the-host-cant-connect-to-the-internet.1113858/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello I ve been having some trouble for a while so hopefully you can help I have a Dell laptop and it s about ish years old running Windows I m having issues to Test Connect Failed Internet: Home Can't Ping connecting to the Internet I am able to connect to the network with excellent signal but I am unable to load any pages When I am at work I can connect to the Internet no problem on my laptop Also my tablet Xbox and phone are able to connect to my home internet and surf the web quickly When I run the manual Disgnostics Tool everything passes except for the ping test which fails and says quot Response DHCP server No Response default gateway quot When I do ipconfig all I get Sorry I can t copy and paste since I have to do this via iPhone Physical address AC- - - -DF-A DHCP Enables yes Autoconfig enabled yes IPv address c fa a Can't Connect to Home Internet: Failed Ping Test c a cb b lt preferred gt Temporary IPv address c fa c e e c ba lt preferred gt Link-local IPv address fe a c a cb b lt preferred gt Ip address lt preferred gt Subnet mask Stuff about leases Default gateway fe ce ff fe df e DHCP Server DHCPv DHCv - - - - - -F Can't Connect to Home Internet: Failed Ping Test - - - - - -F - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip enabled When I type ping I get Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Reply from bytes time ms TTL Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Recieved Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milliseconds Minimum ms maximum ms average ms The IP address on my router sticker says I ve tried resetting the router and my computer and typing ipconfig release then ipconfig renew I m tired of not being able to use my laptop at home I really appreciate any Can't Connect to Home Internet: Failed Ping Test help that I can get Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Can't Connect to Home Internet: Failed Ping Test

Make sure you have the latest wireless driver. If an integrated adapter get the driver from Dell's web site.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-home-internet-failed-ping-test.1154096/