Windows Support Forum

XFX HD 4850 clicking noise, High temp and then PC crashes

Q: XFX HD 4850 clicking noise, High temp and then PC crashes

Hi Sorry for the long post but I wanted to provide as much info as possible for a better solution I have been experiencing strange clicking sounds please see link coming from my XFX HD lately or it can XFX PC noise, 4850 temp HD and clicking then High crashes be from PSU I have been using this card since years It XFX HD 4850 clicking noise, High temp and then PC crashes used to be very rare only at bootup but ever since I have started playing Bioshock infinite it has become much more frequent Initially I did not get any problems playing but last time I could only manage hr and then mins before pc crashed Today when I started the pc there was not any of that sound but XFX HD 4850 clicking noise, High temp and then PC crashes after minutes the hideous sound started and after few seconds pc shutdown This happened again and again with shorter time frames Interesting thing is I did not even played the game was only browsing the potential problem on the net Turns out it can either be -Some hindrance in fans spinning -Coil whine -PSU problem I couldn t pinpoint the exact problem I tried listening to it very closely could only guess that it was coming from gpu it also seemed very hot Using GPUz I started monitoring and gpu temp went from - C range to C within minutes before it shut down So it seems gpu is the reason I put a bit of load on gpu by emulating a game in pj during that time I had got my power outlets checked by a voltmeter few days ago the electrician said they were fine My desktop airflow is good never had a high temp problem with my cpu and side of the cover is always open My questions are -Can I underclock my gpu so that it consumes less power -Do I need to install ccc since I haven t earlier -I used an air blower a couple of months ago and also cleaned the gpu with a brush did nt find much dust or any object blocking the fans I can t rma since I had a bad time doing that in the last few times other h w long wait Also I don t have a built in gfx with this build What do you suggest Thanks Link screens and audio http s tinyupload com index php file id GPUZ min max temps Date GPU Core Clock MHz GPU Memory Clock MHz GPU Temperature C Fan Speed Fan Speed RPM RPM GPU Load GPU Temp DISPIO C GPU Temp MEMIO C GPU Temp SHADERCORE C Memory Usage Dedicated MB Memory Usage Dynamic MB VDDC V - - - - Update After I cleaned my pc again with air blower and also the gpu separately tested the system Starting temps were better from c instead of c and biggest difference was the dramatic reduction in fans rpm previously and now - rpm and noise But bad news is during those - mins the gpu temps kept rising again even at gpu load and once I put a bit of load on gpu - via pj emulater it rised to c before pc shutdown again So does it means I have to apply thermal paste too Or can this be fixed if I update the gpu driver Please any solutions suggestions wil be really appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: XFX HD 4850 clicking noise, High temp and then PC crashes

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: XFX HD 4850 clicking noise, High temp and then PC crashes

I'm having a bit of trouble following (more than likely my fault). What is the GPU fan speed during load?

If the RPM's seem normal, it could be thermal bond in the thermal paste that is broken.
If the fan speed doesn't appear to be normal, the fan itself could be broken.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xfx-hd-4850-clicking-noise-high-temp-and-then-pc-crashes.207299/
Relevancy 73.53%

Greetings all I m writing today because I m a bit nervous about my hard drive It s making a high-pitched noise I thought it might be a result of my other problem but that problem is resolved and my hard drive is still whiny I m currently coming crashes noise drive, High-pitched from no hard using of my sold as a GB gigabytes of space Formatting is simply NOT an option as reinstalls and reconfigurations would take at least three days straight as in hours minimum The weird thing is nothing s crashed yet There s no signs of decreased performance There s really no problem at all shrugs Except for this noise And it makes very very very nervous It almost sounds like it s undulating It s weird Is High-pitched noise coming from hard drive, no crashes my hard drive on the brink of disaster I ve compiled a -CD set of emergency backup files so even in a worst-case scenario I am not losing critical documents Which is good But still I don t want to spend another week of my life watching blue bars go from left to right Please advise EDIT I must mention that I ve been a very bad computer user in that I haven t run defrag on my system in quite a while hides face in shame Could this be a cause of the problem Could defrag or chkdsk resolve the problem Is there a problem at all nbsp

Relevancy 67.08%

I sure hope you guys can help I m on travel for work and this computer is driving me nuts I would just format but all my CDs are at home The computer is making the clicking noises like when using internet explorer clicking and noise, blip noise Random music - click on a link and it makes a noise - its doing this a lot It also randomly plays Random clicking noise, blip noise and music music for a few seconds at almost max volume Everything else seems to be working OK just slow internet but I think that has to do with the hotel internet being slow What I have done so far Full scan with Symantec Endpoint updated of course nothing found Spybot full scan found a few things but still making noises Malwarebytes full scan found a few more things but still making noises Ran Combo Fix on advice from a friend and THEN found this site - Other Deletions c documents and settings Joe Application Data inst exec windows system st dllMBR is infected with the Whistler Bootkit -BTW I tried to run GMER and it shut down my computer mid scan DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Joe at on Fri Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Symantec Endpoint Protection On-access scanning enabled Updated FB E- B - A- F -E D C FW Symantec Endpoint Protection enabled BE FE -CD B- - A - DB DDB Running Processes C WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsC Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Smc exesvchost exe C Program Files Intel WiFi bin S EvMon exesvchost exesvchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exec program files idt dellxpm b v wdm stacsv exesvchost exe C Program Files Broadcom Corporation Broadcom USH Host Components CV bin HostControlService exeC Program Files Broadcom Corporation Broadcom USH Host Components CV bin HostStorageService exesvchost exeC Program Files Dell Dell ControlPoint Connection Manager SMManager exeC Program Files ActivIdentity ActivClient accoca exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exeC Program Files Dell Dell ControlPoint DCPButtonSvc exeC Program Files Dell Dell ControlPoint System Manager DCPSysMgrSvc exeC Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC QUALCOMM QDLService QDLService exeC Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exeC Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Rtvscan exeC WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection SmcGui exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BtTray exeC PROGRA WIDCOMM BLUETO BTSTAC EXEC WINDOWS system RunDLL exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files IDT WDM sttray exeC WINDOWS system AESTFltr exeC Program Files Dell Dell ControlPoint Dell ControlPoint exeC Program Files Dell Dell ControlPoint Security Manager BcmDeviceAndTaskStatusService exeC Program Files PowerISO PWRISOVM EXEC Program Files ActivIdentity ActivClient accrdsub exeC Program Files Dell Dell ControlPoint Connection Manager Dell UCM exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files SRS Labs SRS Premium Sound SRSPremiumSoundBig Small exeC Program Files ActivIdentity ActivClient acsagent exeC Program Files Dell Dell ControlPoint System Manager DCPSysMgr exeC Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exeC Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exeC Program Files ActivIdentity ActivClient acevents exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exeC WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exeC Documents and Set... Read more

A:Random clicking noise, blip noise and music

Good evening. Please download MBRCheck.exe by a_d_13 from here and save it to your Desktop. Double click the file to begin the scan. A Command Window will open and after the scan has completed you will be prompted to press <ENTER> to exit. A text file called MBRCheck_date/time.txt can be found on the Desktop. I'd like you to post the contents in your next reply.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Download Preformat.zip from here and save it to your Desktop. You will need to extract the file.Right click on the zipped folder and from the menu that appears, click on Extract All...In the 'Extraction Wizard' window that opens, click on Next> and in the next window that appears, click on Next> again. In the final window, click on FinishYou should now see a folder with a .vbs file in it. Double click Preformat.vbs to run it and a text file called Preformat.txt should be created in the same folder - either that or you'll get an error message.Please copy and paste the contents of the text file into your next reply and then you can delete both of the folders and their contents.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/335880/random-clicking-noise-blip-noise-and-music/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hey everyone,

I'm running into random crashes on my current build and in the process of determining what the problem is (which I have yet to determine, but that's another matter), I have been alerted to the very real possibility of my GPU overheating. My question is what would be considered a reasonable operating temp for a ATI Radeon HD 4850? I'm idling at about 60 deg. celcius. Also, I have access to the on-card fan controls and have cranked that to about 75%. I don't play a whole lot of games (very rarely in fact), my CPU is not overclocked, I don't do a whole lot to stress this GPU.

I just want to know what an average user should consider a reasonable temp. Also, I would eventually like to start using this machine more intensely down the road. Just looking for opinions.

A:Solved: Safe Operating Temp for ATI Radeon HD 4850?

Thats well within its design limits, I think the max that card can handle is around 100 degrees, and this shows it having a high idle temp: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-4850,1957-22.html
And more reasonable temps here: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gts-radeon,2274-15.html
But both show temps higher then yours, so you are fine.

GPU's unlike CPU's can handle a lot more heat.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-safe-operating-temp-for-ati-radeon-hd-4850.1008012/
Relevancy 62.78%

I did a clean install of 64 Bit Pro and it will start up fine the first time. As soon as it updates the ATI drivers, on restart it will crash as soon as the desktop appears. The card works fine on another system using Win7 RC. If I put a nVidia card into the new system it works fine with no problems what so ever.

Why is the 4850 causing the system to crash?

Thanks

A:ATI 4850 crashes 64 Bit Pro on startup

Try updating your chipset drivers.

Install latest video driver from safe mode, using the device manager and pointing specifically to .inf. Reboot to normal mode and see how it goes.

Device manager ---> right click standard vga, update driver software, browse, let me pick, have disk, browse. Now navigate to the .inf and double click on it. Hit ok.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/37961-ati-4850-crashes-64-bit-pro-startup.html
Relevancy 62.35%

It's wierd... when I start up Granado Espada, 3-D MMORPG and move my camera angle something in my computer squeaks just as I move it.

Also, when I scroll up and down webpages.

These noises go away some time after the program has been opened.. but I just want to know what part of the computer is squeaking. I figure it's the GPU.

Oh and my case is open so mabye that's why I can hear it so well.

A:High high pitch sqeaking noise from computer when scrolling

Could be interference from something. If i have my volume WAY up, I can hear distortion when I move my mouse, but only if certain audio sources are enabled. Try going to your audio setup and turning off cd digital/analog and such one at a time and see if that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/high-high-pitch-sqeaking-noise-from-computer-when-scrolling.907594/
Relevancy 61.92%

My CPU temp is sitting at 27 deg. Celsius.

My Core temp is sitting at 57 deg. Celsius.

These are my idle temps.

The room is fairly cold.

I have a large exhaust fan, 1 intake fan from the top, one intake fan from the side, and a stock heatsink / fan on my processor.

I don't know what my base temps were before this started happening but under load my cpu comes up to about 45 - 55 and my core goes 75+.

They system freezes up when it idles at 75 for too long.

I tried cleaning off and replacing the thermal compound. Maybe needs more compound? But the CPU says that its cool....
ANY IDEAS!?!?

Relevancy 61.49%

I have been having Radeon to Have or underclock crashes core 4850 PC a problem with my for a while now When I play Crysis Have to underclock Radeon 4850 core or PC crashes Mass Effect or occasionally when I play Fallout or Oblivion I will get several types strange crashes unless I underclock the core to for Fallout and Oblivion or for Crysis and Mass Effect The crashes vary sometimes I just get a black screen but the sound continues and I can shut down my pc with the keyboard but others I just get a Have to underclock Radeon 4850 core or PC crashes black screen and the sound will stutter for a few seconds and it just Ether goes black or projects black or a color and a bunch of vertical lines that are usually green At first i thought it might be the drivers So I waited for and it did happen a lot less but i would still get crashes in Crysis and Mass Effect but the drivers made it a lot worse and lowered my frame rates so i went back to I had also tried cooling and fortunately I had an accelero s from my last card so I got some zalman copper heatsinks and put them on but it still crashed even with all temps below c I did find out that I can still overclock the memory without any instability I have been looking this problem up constantly for the past few months and even though other people had the same problems none seems to have found a solution other than underclocking Some of the people had replaced or sent the cards back to Have to underclock Radeon 4850 core or PC crashes the manufacturer but they continued to have the problem Though I someone suggested it was because of the motherboards only supporting pciex instead of but unfortunately I don t have the money to get a new motherboard to test that It also happens in furmark but not in dmark vantage My system specks are in my profile aside from the gpu clock which was before I had tried it in games Would overvolting the card help nbsp

A:Have to underclock Radeon 4850 core or PC crashes

have you turned the fan speed up on the card? also thats an xfx card just make them repair it or send ya a new one. i have a 4850 and play crysis and fallout no problems at 685 core so dont know why your having a propblem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/have-to-underclock-radeon-4850-core-or-pc-crashes.128538/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi!

I have this problem with Asus p5q3 motherboard my system temp goes up to 60-70(celsius) and cpu (intel core 2 quad q9550) temp is low as 30-40(celsius).
So how can system temp be that high?

A:Help system temp high and CPU temp low?!

That can't be right - I'm guessing that the reported temperature is simply wrong.
What are you using to monitor these temperatures? I suggest trying Speedfan in Windows: SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/190965-help-system-temp-high-cpu-temp-low.html
Relevancy 58.91%

At times my speakers emit a clicking/ticking sound. This is not consistant and is not affected by volume, it is only audible from my control speaker and not the other 3. It appears to be a feedback problem, but I am unable to locate the cause. Any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/clicking-noise.655654/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hiya

My sisters computer is making lots of clicking noise and it is coming from the harddrive.

From what I am trying to understand her problem VIA TEXTING...she said, when she clicked on the mouse and the egg timer comes up esp when she is on the internet...it keeps repeating that sound even when the pc is idle.

Any advice please and much appreciated
jackie

Relevancy 58.91%

hello I dont know if this is the right section My computer has been really Clicking Noise. slow lately I scanned for spyware adware with spybot and adaware but I didnt find anything I scanned for viruses with trend micro but i didnt find any viruses Clicking Noise. I m only using a little over half my memory space I defragged but that didnt help I ve noticed recently that Clicking Noise. my computer is making strange noises I keep hearing clicking noises and some other noises i cant explain I m starting to wonder if it s a hardware problem My computer also froze when i right clicked my computer to check the properties Any help would much be appriciated Thanks edit I restarted my computer after it froze and now I m getting a black screen informing me that window failed to start properly And gave me the starting options First I chose start using last good config or something like that That didnt work so I tried starting it in Safe Mose but that didnt work either I m scared bout to cry any help once again thanks nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

i have a clicking noise coming from my hp tower, it appears at random and  display will freeze. i can use comp. for hours without problem,  but it will start again whether i am online or not
 any ideas about whats going on?, thanks

A:clicking noise

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/509915/clicking-noise/
Relevancy 58.91%

I have a MicroCenter computer at work as the network server. Lately I have noticed a clicking noise, because the server and the hub are so close together I cannot tell which one it is coming from. The server has locked up the past 3 weekends and had to be re-booted. Can anyone tell me what to look for and what might be causing the clicking noise.
Thanks

A:Clicking noise

Doubt full it's coming from the hub, there are no moving parts in a hub.

Most likely would be a fan or Hard drive, if it's the hard drive it may not have long to live.
could be fan on power supply or vid card if it has one

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/clicking-noise.46339/
Relevancy 58.91%

I have a HP a1630 desktop that is about 6 months old. Whenever I am actively using it such as the typing I am not doing or downloading data or any other use, I hear a clicking noise coming from the computer. What is this? Should I worry besides the irritation of the noise? Can it be corrected or should I just bear up and live with it. Would prefer not to spend money just to eliminate the clicking noise if not harmful.
Thanks,
Ken

Relevancy 58.91%

Hey,
I have been trying to remove this annoying clicking sound in Internet Explorer 8. When I go into Sounds and Audio devices and change it to 'none' it never takes effect. Any suggestions?
thanks in advance!

A:IE 8 Clicking noise

That clicking sound is under Windows Explorer and is the "Start Navigation" sound in the listing. Is this the sound you're setting to NONE and are you clicking Apply/OK?

Tufenuf

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-8-clicking-noise.920129/
Relevancy 58.91%

First of all hi To sum up my problem it seems to be the exact same thing that was discussed in this thread http forums techguy org malware-r Noise Clicking -computer-makes-clicking-sound-when html Clicking Noise I read up on the directions and such but I figured the infection can t be exactly the same on my computer and didn t want to begin messing with system files without knowing the exact problem I hope this is enough info Here s my Hijack log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus SavRoam exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C WINDOWS system Rundll exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Cisco Systems Clean Access Agent CCAAgent exe C Program Files RocketDock RocketDock exe C Program Files Yahoo Widgets YahooWidgets exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Yahoo Widgets YahooWidgets exe C Documents and Settings matt Application Data mjusbsp magicJack exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files iTunes iTunes exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www facebook com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - Hosts idenupdate motorola com O - BHO btorbit com - B - B - -B F -F B EFC - C Program Files Orbitdownloader orbitcth dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO PCTools Site Guard - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - no file O - BHO no name - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO PCTools Browser Monitor - B A D D- - C -A - DF C AC - no file O - Toolbar amp RoboForm - d a - d - d - - e a - C P... Read more

A:Clicking Noise

bump? sorry it's been more than a week now

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/clicking-noise.764959/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hey,

Today my laptop started making a clicking or popping noise every second or so, no other sounds can be heard. The sound seems to be coming from the left speaker only too. I've also noticed that a little red light is shining in my headphone/SPDIF port. I figured that my SPDIF must have turned on, but i have no idea how to turn it off and if the clicking noise is related

I'm running on a

Ei System 4115c

thanks for help guys and girls

R

A:Clicking noise

i've also uninstalled and reinstalled the audio device

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/clicking-noise.754169/
Relevancy 58.91%

I have a new custom built pc desk top.  Win 8.1 ssd c:hard drive , 3t hd, intel proc.  Definite clicking sound from inside not sure if hd, fan , it seems to start up when active , click 's for a while, stops for a while, then clicks for a while,    any one else have this problem?

There is a old mechanics trick which can help you to isolate the location of what is making the clicking sound.

Take a long handled wooden or plastic spoon, hold the spoon part against you ear, then start placing the handle end against the different components in the case.  I would suggest starting with the hdd, not the ssd.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/543517/clicking-noise/
Relevancy 58.91%

when im playing games or browsing the web sometimes i hear like a mouse click sound is the only way to describe it and it happens sometimes alot and sometimes rare? is it something to worry about?

A:Clicking noise?

where does the noise come from? is it coming from your speakers or the pc case?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/clicking-noise.88808/
Relevancy 58.91%

Whenever I turn on my computer, it makes a very loud annoying clicking noise. It's barely audible if I only am running very few applications, the more applications running the louder and more frequent it is. Is there a way to stop this?

Relevancy 58.91%

hi everyone

yesterday i woke up by a clicking noise and smell of burning wire from my computer. although it was off, i reconnected from the socket then i changed the cable and turned it on again system was working didn't have any clicking noise while it was on but steal i could smell the burning wire.
then i turned it off and tried to clean up the dust from inside the computer, all the fans and every where. i could hear the clicking noise again while it was off, then turn the computer on.
this time computer as working but windows system didn't come up and freezes on black page.
can anybody help me please ? i am desperate for my computer to be fixed.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but clicking noise is generally very bad.
It's the sound of the hard drive's actuator arms/head (think of it like a the arm and needle on a vinyl record player) trying to calibrate themselves. It can be for a variety of reasons - the disk surface is scratched or damaged and the head can't find the data when trying to read it (worst scenario, but least likely as well - at least without earlier symptoms), mechanical errors within the drive (also rather unlikely), firmware or hardware logic error (that's what I'm thinking - perhaps the chips on the PCB (printed circuit board) underneath the drive burned out, now it can't send out the right instructions for the arms to calibrate themselves correctly). It could also be other things, but that's all I can think of right now.

When you go into BIOS at bootup does it recognize the hard drive? Does it indicate the correct model number for the drive?
Something else to check. Be sure to ground yourself (touch the back of the computer case) when you open your computer case - you don't want to have static on you, and then inadvertently zap an internal component and fry it. Open the drive case, and look at the hard disk drive. Look on the underside of it. If you can take it out, perhaps by pulling the hard drive backets out, take a look at the underside of the board. Sniff it if necessary (to see if that's where the burning smell came from). Do any chips look melted or anything like that?

Its also possible that the power supply is burning out. When everything powers off suddenly and restarts, the hard drive has to restart, and you'll hear a clicking sound. I'm not sure how to diagnose power supplies though. Stay tuned for a more knowledgeable member to stop by.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/clicking-noise-298978.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Ivebeen gettina Noise Clicking clicking nosie from my computer i Clicking Noise think it is coming from the harddrive well that was a couple days ago and now my computer will not boot up it will go the the windows screen with the lil green bar like its loading then it will restart i put in a new hard drive i had lying around nothing has never been put on it and it worked for a couple days then i got the clicking again and it will not boot up into windows there is nothin new on the computer except for a new video card which is an nVida ultra OC I have a W power supply x memory at and i believe ithe harddrive is a western digital gig and the mosther board is an MSI i forget the exact model this has only started happening when i put the video card in could it be pulling too much juice not enough or is the motehr board bad or harddrive which i would find weird since ive beenthru now with the same problem thx in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/clicking-noise.365194/
Relevancy 58.91%

This sounds like a weird question, but which device is responsible for that clicking noise just before the computer shuts down? (just before the light of the computer goes out you hear a click), I guess the HDD or the motherboard?

I ask this because I hear this click like every 10-15 minutes, even when I'm playing a game, the click is just once and not in sequence.

Thanks,
Chris

A:Clicking noise every 10-15 min

hi

take the side cover off and see if you can pin point where the clicking sound is coming from.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/356802-clicking-noise-every-10-15-min.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I have a persistent clicking noise when I'm browsing using either Firefox or IE. It clicks every 2 secs. When I disconnect from the browser, clicking goes away. The noise is coming from the speaker. Please help its driving me bonkers.

Zz

A:Clicking noise when browsing

It usually means there is something working in the background. I do also remember this when I had a huge spyware attack a few months ago.. Perhaps that's the issue.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/259854/clicking-noise-when-browsing/
Relevancy 58.05%

I'm getting the same random quot Windows Explorer quot clicking noise described below on my new Windows HP laptop Sounds like a quiet Windows Explorer clicking noise in the background with no discernible pattern I tried all the Control Panel tweaks suggested in prior thread but like the prior poster nothing has worked I also have listened to libraries of problem hard drive noises online but the noise sounds nothing like a mechanical problem It sounds exactly like a very quiet Windows Explorer click Any advice is appreciated but all things considered I'd prefer good advice Thanks nbsp nbsp Quote Originally Posted by admirer i recently got this sony vaio with windows home premium i have noticed a annoying problem from yesterday i keep getting the clicking sound that comes when you open a windows Clicking Annoying Noise explorer folder even if i am not opening any folder yesterday it was there today morning it was nt there now again i am getting it from last half an hour it keeps coming like every sec why so what to do please help i know i can shut the sound off by going to control panel but that Annoying Clicking Noise way the problem which causing this wont go away

A:Annoying Clicking Noise

Welcome
Well I consider this very good advice. You cant go by the sounds on the internet to diagnose.
First back up all your stuff
then
Test the hard drive to be sure
Test Hard Drive HD Diagnostic or this test Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/168797-annoying-clicking-noise.html
Relevancy 58.05%

there are only random clicking noises when my internet is on, when i disable my network, it stops

i ran Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and it only found - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AGprotect

am i infect, can someone help found out whats causing the clicking noises, its bothering the crap out of me

A:random clicking noise

Hello and welcome .I am hoping that the clicking is not a Failing hard drive.Next run ATF and SAS: If you cannot access Safe Mode,run in normal ,but let me know.Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".From your regular user account..Download Attribune's ATF Cleaner and then SUPERAntiSpyware , Free Home Version. Save both to desktop ..DO NOT run yet.Open SUPER from icon and install and Update itUnder Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for tracking cookies.Terminate memory threats before quarantining.Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program. DO NOT run yet.Now reboot into Safe Mode: How to enter safe mode(XP)Using the F8 MethodRestart your computer. When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu. Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys. Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode. Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.Click the Empty Selected button.If you use Firefox or Opera browser click that browser at the top and choose: Select AllClick the Empty Selected button.If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.NOW Scan with SUPEROpen from the desktop icon or the program Files listOn the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.Perform a Complete scan. After scan,Verify they are all checked.Click OK on the summary screen to quarantine all found items.If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.Click Close to exit the program.I'd like to check for Rootkits.Please download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and be sure to re-enable your anti-virus, Firewall and any other security programs you had disabled.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in safe mode.-- If GMER crashes or keeps resulting in a BSODs, uncheck Devices on the right side before scanning.Please ask any needed questions,post logs and Let us know how the PC is running now.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/307133/random-clicking-noise/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi Today when I booted up my pc I started to hear a clicking sound as if I was accessing a folder clicking back in explorer or accessing a link this is happening randomly regardless of what programs is clicking noise making a PC I have running and each time it happens my quot focused quot window loses its focus as if something else is being selected happens on its own please help DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Run by PC is making a clicking noise Kamidamaru at on - - Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Enterprise GMT SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system AUDIODG EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system AEADISRV EXE C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows servicing TrustedInstaller exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files x Analog Devices SoundMAX SoundMAX exe F Program uTorrent uTorrent exe E Steam Steam exe C Program Files x Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files x Personal bin Personal exe C Program Files x Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Windows SysWOW gdii exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader reader sl exe F Program Itunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files x iPod bin iPodService exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Program Files x Opera opera exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system sppsvc exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Users Kamidamaru Desktop dds scr C Windows system conhost exe Pseudo HJT Report uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - C PROGRA MICROS Office GR A DLL BHO Windows Live inloggningshj lpen d - c - abf- ecc- c - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Skype Plug-In ae - e c- ed - f b-f f a - C Program Files x Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll uRun UpdateMyDrivers F Program SmartTweak Software UpdateMyDrivers UpdateMyDrivers exe -t uRun uTorrent quot F Program uTorrent uTorrent exe quot uRun Steam quot E Steam steam exe quot -silent uRun msnmsgr quot C Program Files x Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background mRun SoundMAXPnP C Program Files x Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe mRun GrooveMonitor quot C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe quot mRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot mRun Adobe ARM quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot mRun QuickTime Task quot F Program QT QTTask exe quot -atboottime mRun iTunesHelper quot F Program Itunes iTunesHelper e... Read more

A:PC is making a clicking noise

I have responded to your topic at WhatTheTech.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/390968/pc-is-making-a-clicking-noise/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi,

Big annoying problem, clicks are heard randomly on my desktop when nothing which can cause this noise is loaded, and adverts are sounding over my speakers, the last one was for octane tv. I did spyware scan, ad aware scan, virus scan. Everything!!! Nothing works.

Some have suggested perfs.exe or routing.exe to be the cause. But I dunno.

Thanks for any help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-clicking-noise-and-ad.665427/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello,
I hope someone can guide me to an answer as I am about to explode from frustration. My cat loves to stand on my laptop keyboard and this time he went too far. Whatever he pushed, every key I press makes a clicking sound. I have gone through the "Change system sounds" menu and tested every one of the sounds; it is none of them.

Also, I can only press a key one time; if I push the same key consecutively more than once, I have to wait several seconds before the second pushing in order for it to work.

My cat must seriously have it out for me, because I have a lot of writing to do and this is beyond annoying.
HELP,
kittenfetus

A:Help with clicking noise every key I push

Well, I figured it out with some more Googling, so I might as well share the solution before marking this as solved.
Adjust long delay in keystrokes appearing due to Windows FilterKeys

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/265411-help-clicking-noise-every-key-i-push.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I got this weird clicking noise. I know its not coming from my harddrive nor is it coming from my heatsink. What else could it be? Could my video card be making the noise? What about my power supply?

A:weird clicking noise

My computer is also making a clicking noise. I think it's just the fan or something. I heard that if your computer's fan is dirty, it can sometimes make noise.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-clicking-noise.292209/
Relevancy 58.05%

My PC sits there with a clicking noise coming from a red L.E.D (motherboard power to board light) just continues to click.. (with light flashing on and off clicking away) The clicking will sometimes start while already in windows. Powering down then pushing in the keyboard connection and all ide ribbons fixes it for a while. Will almost alway boot normal after this. Problem has been going on for a few days now.

Once the PC is all booted up everything runs fine for a while. Not sure where to start troble shooting this. Did switch from Zone Alarm to Outpost firewall recently.

Relevancy 58.05%

Hi everyone.I recently started to hear random clicking noises but not from the hardware from the speakears.It sounds like when you open a folder or open a link in internetexplorer.I had this problem for 7 hours and still didnt stoped.I have runned one malwarebyte quick scan and several avira processes scans.And nothing i searched manualy in processes nothing seams unusal.Last night i had a windows update.And right before the clicking has started i installed poweriso as i got a new pc and wanted to have all kinds of different software on.However i deleted it like 20 minutes ago and still it makes the noises.I dont know what to do next i would turn of the noise but then it would be like hideing a a cut its there it hurts you but you no longer care or see it.Also havent restarted it yet.

A:How do I stop the clicking noise

Have you turned off all windows sounds ?

When exactly does it make these sounds ?

Also, run a system file check.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/293240-how-do-i-stop-clicking-noise.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi nbsp I post here today because I have a really really really annoying problem nbsp Everything started the day I installed The Anniversary Update of Windows I am a League of Legends player and am using this Spectre X i - u for a year to play this game nbsp The day I installed the Anniversary Update everything went wrong because as soon as my game of LoL started the PC was crashing after lots of clicking buzzing noise from the inside of the laptop while charging the game nbsp nbsp I solved this THANKS TO RIOT SUPPORT And not HP or Microsoft Support who are just a bunch of people who only tell us to do what's on their board without having a personal Speakers Noise Clicking from opinion nbsp nbsp I think I had no issue then for several days weeks but now I have a new annoying problem as my speakers are doing a clicking buzzing noise every seconds And it's really a loud one Even when there is Clicking Noise from Speakers no music sound etc to recreate the speakers are still clicking buzzing It happens while listening videos on youtube music on my laptop when nothing happens etc nbsp nbsp It's either a software Drivers etc Clicking Noise from Speakers or hardware problem but as my guarantee expired I hope it's a software one But believe me when I say that if it's a hardware problem HP will have to fix this FOR FREE as it seems to be a general problem because I'm not the only one suffering from this nbsp http h www hp com t Notebook-Audio Crackling-sound-while-playing-music-in-HP-SPECTRE-X t http h www hp com t Notebook-Audio HP-Spectre-X -Sound-Issues m-p M nbsp I also found someone who gave a solution http www tomsguide com answers id- crackling-popping-sound-laptop-speakers-headphones html but I can't make it work on my laptop as I can't do this step nbsp HIGHLIGHT 'HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO' NOT REALTEK CLICK 'NEXT' AGAIN IGNORE WARNING AND CLICK 'YES' - RESTART REBOOT WHEN PROMPTED because there is no HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO appearing on my screen at this step nbsp nbsp So now what I want is to have a clear and real solution to this problem nbsp Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Clicking-Noise-from-Speakers/td-p/5785933
Relevancy 58.05%

How do I get rid of the periodic clicking, static like sound when listening to online videos or music. CD's and downloaded music sound just fine.

A:online clicking noise

By any chance does this sound coincide with someone using a cell phone nearby? It took me a while to figure out that a sort of buzz buzz click noise on my computer was happening when my son was dialing or receiving a call on his phone. V

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/online-clicking-noise.650334/
Relevancy 58.05%

My CD-ROM is making a clicking noise. Ive tried to delete my recent files from Windows thinking it was a file from there that was making the cd rom busy. But that wasnt it. Ive tried running my Nortons Antivirus on it but it says "Unable to access drive D:. The drive is locked by a disk utility. Scan again later when disk is no longer locked." When I go to My Computer it just say "the devise is not ready" I just dont get it. PLEASE HELP

A:{RESOLVED} CD-ROM clicking noise

Boot from a floppy that has CDROM drivers on it and see if it works then.

If not, it is a physical problem, not a Windows / virus problem.

------------------
Get free stuff and help out a poor computer tech:
LarryCore begs for money

Vote for the best Tech Support site every day: VOTE for Helponthe.net!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resolved-cd-rom-clicking-noise.34577/
Relevancy 58.05%

When I am using our HP Pavilion dv6, and I am moving from tab to tab or page to page, there is a weird clicking sound that is coming from underneath the machine.  It wasn't there when we first started using it.  We have only had it for about one month, maybe.  Anyone else?

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Weird clicking noise

EnJsMa, Windows is probably playing a sound that annoys you. So, we can try to find the sound and kill it. Turn your speakers back on.Go into Control Panel and click on Sound.Then click on the "Sounds" tab.Scroll down to the "Windows Explorer" tab.Then find the "Start Navigation" line and highlight it.Click the "test" button and try to determine if this is the sound you're hearing. I'm guessing it is.If you want to kill the sound, go to the drop down menu that is to the left of the test button and scroll all the way to the top and select "None". Hope this works ...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Weird-clicking-noise/td-p/366997
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi My PC keeps making clicking noises as if I am clicking on links Think it might be a trojan trying to generate false web traffic Any thoughts Cheers Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXEC making noise! clicking PC keeps WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC WINDOWS system igfxtray exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exeC Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exeC WINDOWS system LXSUPMON EXEC Program Files Common Files Research In Motion Auto Update PC keeps making clicking noise! RIMAutoUpdate exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files NETGEAR WG T wlan t exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files SAMSUNG SENS Keyboard V Launcher SENSKBD exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeC Program Files Nokia Nokia PC Suite PCSuite exeC Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Documents and Settings All Users Application Data QRjtqrS exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Documents and Settings USER My Documents Downloads HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - URLSearchHook no name - CFBFAE - A - D - CB- C FD - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLLO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - Toolbar no name - CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - no file O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeO - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeO - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exeO - HKLM Run LtMoh C Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exeO - HKLM Run SENS Keyboard V Launcher quot C Program Files SAMSUNG SENS Keyboard V Launcher SENSKBD EXE quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKL... Read more

A:PC keeps making clicking noise!

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Do not Attach logs Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification and then clicking on Proceed you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.Note** If you are having problems posting the complete log into this thread upload them here http://www.rapidshare.com/ and post the links in this thread Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.I would like to get a new set of logs pleaseDeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.IMPORTANT! If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_disable which will appear on your desktop.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:Download DDS and save it to your desktopLink1Link2Link3Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear: DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"information and logs:In your next post I need the following1.logs from DDS2.RKUnHooker3.let me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/326149/pc-keeps-making-clicking-noise/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi,
it's the first time I post, I looked through the topics and couldn't find an answer. I have an Asus F3JM notebook with realtek HD soundcard. When the output jack is connected to external loudspekers (or headphones) I hear clicking static-like sounds, while the onboard speakers work fine. Has anyone had the same problem? May it be some software problem or is it just an impedance problem and there's no way to solve it? Thanks

A:Clicking noise from soundcard

Hello, i´m newbie here too, but i´ll give you my opinion anyways. If it was a software problem i guess that you should hear the same problem when using internal speakers, there should be no difference at all. Did you check your cables, plugs for any kind of damage? or the output jack, i get sometimes strange noises when having bad cables or loosie connections. If everything is correct it could be hardware related, damaged output jack or something.
Hope this helps,

Ralphmex.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/clicking-noise-from-soundcard.72769/
Relevancy 58.05%

Its a system sounds glitch below is how to fix
The Windows Explorer click sounds are enough to drive you crazy after a while.

To open up the sounds configuration panel quickly, just type in mmsys.cpl into the start menu search box, and hit enter. You could also go to the Sounds and Audio devices in Control Panel, or even type Sound into the search box.

Click the Sounds tab and then browse down in the list to “Start Navigation”

You’ll see that the dropdown box has “Windows Navigation Start.wav” selected. Change this to (None) at the top of the list.

Hit OK and your annoyance is over with.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/clicking-noise-through-speakers.992996/
Relevancy 58.05%

I started my computer today and heard a strange clicking noise on boot it was a few clicks it stopped and everything booted up seemingly normally Windows loaded but as soon as I noise on Clicking boot got to the windows login screen windows started going haywire with a constant arbitrary series of beeps It looked like windows was trying to display an error message but it couldn t The username and password text boxes became disabled when this started happening Clicking noise on boot I wish I had managed to catch a glimpse of the error message but it is only displayed for a split second After doing some research I read that a quot clicking quot sound isn t likely to be produced by the motherboard or RAM but it s most likely the hd instead I unplugged the power and IDE Clicking noise on boot cables from the hd and turned my computer on again I still heard the clicking sound on boot which leads me to believe there is an issue with the video card The strange thing is when my computer is booting if a press a key when the clicking noses start the clicking noises stop Any help would be greatly appreciated Here are my specs Windows XP Pro SP DFI Infinity X motherboard Intel Core Duo E gigs DDR PC Patriot ram nvidia geforce gts antec watt power supply gig maxtor hd nbsp

A:Clicking noise on boot

Those arbitrary sets of beeps are most likely your BIOS beep codes which point to the hardware issue. Find your BIOS version, i.e. AMI, Phoenix Award, etc. (your motherboard manual will have this) and then look up the BIOS beep codes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/clicking-noise-on-boot.149324/
Relevancy 58.05%

Every two or three or four seconds I get a clicking sound from my speakers, sort of like would come from a relay. Random spacing, but all of the time. This has not always been the case. I probably turned something 'on' by mistake. Any clues where I might look and turn it 'off'? Vista SP2

A:Clicking noise from speakers

One way to narrow it down is to see if it does that in safe mode. reboot in safe mode (F8) and check

Ken

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/255778-clicking-noise-speakers.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Last night my lap top fell off of my bed. It still turns on and works fine, but every once and awhile i'll hear a loud clicking/beeping coming from inside. When this happens my browser will freeze up for 2 minutes and sometimes I even have to shut it down because it won't come out of it.

Does anyone know what the problem might be? It sounds like something is loose, but I'm not too sure..

A:Clicking/beeping noise

Any cable or component could be loose. Remove the keyboard, if you can, then unplug and reseat everything. Remove and reseat the hard drive. Remove and reseat the optical drive. Continue until you have removed and reconnected every possible thing... including the cable from the base unit to the screen.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/clicking-beeping-noise.118344/
Relevancy 58.05%

hello
my sony vaio netbook is making a browser clicking noise (like when you open a new page or folder)constantly shortly after startup if i turn the sound off ie mute the sound goes away if i close all browsers the sound is still there i have no other programs running.
any suggestions

john

Relevancy 57.62%

Hey peeps...

My PSU recently blew so i replaced with an old one (only 200W)

Now my PC sits there with a clicking noise coming from a red L.E.D (motherboard power to board light) sometimes it boots when i press the power button... other times just continues to click.. (with light flashing on and off clicking away)

Once the PC is all booted up everything runs fine so i just dunno

Mobo: Abit AN7

Relevancy 57.62%

Dear all,I'm having some problems with my recently-purchased lenovo z51-70. I noticed a chirping sound coming from the fan (which resembles the noise that HDD makes when accessing it). I update the BIOS to v2 but, even though the sound is quieter, it's still there. How do I know if it is and hardware problem?  Thanks in advance for your support,have a nice day   

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/LENOVO-Z51-70-fan-noise-clicking-chirping/td-p/3363746
Relevancy 57.62%

I believe that I have a virus. Every few minutes, I hear this clicking like a website is refreshing, and then I hear various news channels playing audio, but I see no source, no window, nothing out of the ordinary in the taskbar. I have run AVG Free, Adaware, Avira Removal tool, and Malwarebytes Anti Malware, all in safe mode, and nothing has been found.

Any ideas what to do next?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/225412/clicking-noise-with-newscasts-playing/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a quot noise...? clicking External working, HDD not ROCK quot external hard drive or had And one day a couple months ago it began to heat up a bit more than usual but when i went to grab it to turn it off the metal casing was so hot it bent with ease and caused friction with something inside It made a noise but i ignored it and turned it off Upon trying to power it back on it didn t work It makes External HDD not working, clicking noise...? a clicking noise as if its trying to do something and its having trouble doing so I believe it was the fan that didnt work because i dont recall it making its usual noise anymore But it doesn t seem like a FAN could cause it to completely not work at all Strangely my computer recognized it but i couldn t access its information and the drive letter wouldn t show up its been sitting here collecting dust since then and I was wondering whether or not this problem was one that could be fixed or not and what exactly the problem IS Edit The fan is coming on i ve determined after messing with it a bit more But it sounds like the actual DISC in the HD is knocking against something or its off track or something The clicking knocking noise only happens when i tilt the HD a certain way or when its trying to be recognized by the comp nbsp

A:External HDD not working, clicking noise...?

Hi,

On the hard drive would be a little clip kind of thing and it looks like this
http://www.tech2.com/media/images/2007/Jun/img_9253_barracuda_es.jpg

Because its clicking that means that the hard drive has gone, Doesnt work, Broke and there is nothing anyone can really do to recover stuff from it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/external-hdd-not-working-clicking-noise.685170/
Relevancy 57.62%

Ok Inspiron Fan 1720 Noise! Clicking so I bought my Inspiron about months ago but it has started to make weird noises coming from the fan And they drive me insane Initially I tough it was the hard drive Inspiron 1720 Fan Clicking Noise! and Inspiron 1720 Fan Clicking Noise! now I have a brand new hard drive brought to me by DELL but after more examination there is no doubt that it is the fan Here are the details - the clicking can be heard only when the fans are on and most notably when they are going slower - the clicks are pretty inconsistent with each other and appear at random times - the clicking disappears if I stop the fans with a program - the clicking kinda disappears if I flip the notebook http forums techguy org hardware -harddrive-fan-making-rapid-clicking html - I believe that this guy has a similar problem My question is - should I begin the dreadful process of contacting dell again or do you like me think that it is a cable or something and that I should open the fan By the way when I was opening to see my HDD there was screw missing so there is some doubt in my mind that the laptop wasn t assembled very thoroughly nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

Howdy A few days ago the hard disk started to make a weird noise when saving something or browsing a web page it began to make a clicking noise in sorta regular intervals Im pretty sure it is the hard disk and I believe is C i have internal hard discs the other seems to be running ok because this afternoon the comp restarted by itself while playing civilization IV and winning urrrg and I had to restarted like times until I finally managed to enter Windows During that Windows shows a black screen that say the system didnt started correctly the last time it ask to open Windows normally using the last good configuration or enter safe mode There is also a second counter which begin at and after clicking noise disc Hard it finishes it choose the selected option in case nobody press enter but in the exact moment the click is heard on the HD the Hard disc clicking noise counter stops the comp stops responding and it has to be manually reseted So is this a indicative of total HD failure There is something to do Hard disc clicking noise or I absolutely must buy a new hard disk Thnks the help nbsp

A:Hard disc clicking noise

If its the hdd clicking its called the click of death.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-disc-clicking-noise.844656/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have been hearing constant clicking noise when I am on line. Can anyone tell me what this is, and how to stop it. I am a newbie needing help. This noise is driving me crazy.
thanks much

Relevancy 57.62%

i guess you call it the tower, the big box that holds my drives (you can tell i'm not too pc inclined, dont know much about hardware)
anyway, i noticed it about a week ago, it did it for a while, then nothing untill tonight. every minute or so, i hear a click-click.

actually the sound it makes is more of a "doon chick"
is this bad? i hope i dont have something fixing to die on me. this pc has been used by my folks for a while before they got a new one and i bought this one, its maybe 2 years old. it does get used daily, mostly for recording guitar tracks and some internet surfing.

any ideas?

thanks for any and all help, i do appreciate any responses

Relevancy 57.62%

Okay this girl I am talking to asked me to fix her laptop because it was supposedly infected with viruses and WOW that was an under statement. As I was doing this, every so often I would hear some sort of clicking noise. I am very familiar with the sound of a hard drive failing and I don't feel it is it but I kind of do. The thing is when I tap the small fan the noise normally stops. So question; what advice should I give this girl 1. It is fine it is just the fan. 2. Take it into somewhere and have it checked out.

P.S. I can't physically take it apart.

A:Clicking Noise? Hard Drive or Fan?

You usually do not need to disassemble much to remove the HDD. If you pull it out and either boot from a floppy or CD, or just go into Setup and play around a bit, it should get warm enough for the fans to kick in. If you still hear the noise, it's not the HDD. If not, download the HDD mfr. diags and run several passes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/clicking-noise-hard-drive-or-fan.843081/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi,

My laptop an IBM X40 has a slim DVD/CD drive in the docking
station. The drive shows in Device Manager "This device is
working properly" But plays no CDs or DVDs just makes a
repetitive soft clicking noise. Clicking on the drive in My Computer
shows nothing. Any ideas?

thanks in advance

Mark S

A:DVD/CD repetitive soft clicking noise.

Your drive is dead and needs to be replaced. Simple as that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-cd-repetitive-soft-clicking-noise.842370/
Relevancy 57.62%

Dear Lenovo, I have recently bought a Lenovo y50-70  with a Western Digital SSHD of 1 TB (not more than a month old) and I noticed a few times it makes a clicking noise when I put it to hibernate. Also the hard light is flashing at every click, which is about at an interval of 30 seconds. I presume it doesn't hibernate but it somehow blocks in an on-sleep state because it's getting warm and the keyboard lights flash.Also the SSHD gets often very high temps, the maximum was 57 Celsius but it usually gets 52 in full load and in normal use 40-45 Celsius.Please, tell me if the hard is going to have problems or even die, I have my diploma and I don't want to loose everything I worked on just right now xD

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/SSHD-clicking-noise-and-overheat/td-p/3351598
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi Everybody Does anybody else have this minor issue with the P palm rest nbsp I wonder if this is just normal nbsp When I put my hands down on the palmrest getting ready to type at the wrist P50: under noise whe... right Creaking/clicking keyboard nbsp and rest my wrists on the palmrest the right palmrest P50: Creaking/clicking noise under right wrist whe... clicks and creaks nbsp a little nbsp It feels like the palmrest is bowed upwards in the area of the fingerprint reader so that when I put my hand down on it it creaks a little nbsp If I press down with a couple of fingers below the numpad there's a good millimeter or so of travel and an audible tapping noise when I hit the bottom of the travel when I push down nbsp nbsp Is this just normal nbsp nbsp I've got access to another P at work and it's fine -- no issue at all with the palmrest nbsp I notice that on that no problem P the edge of the palmrest at the base of the numpad is basically flush with the palmrest but on the P with the clicking the base of the palmrest is raised above the bottom of the numpad around the key so there's quite a bit of flex nbsp On the no-problem P I can push a little on the area below the numpad nbsp and while there's a nbsp much fainter tapping noise when I press on it there's no noticeable flex when I rest my hands on the palmrest to type nbsp So it seems that that P is unaffected nbsp Don't get me wrong I've really come to love my P even thinking of asking for one at work it's an awesome machine generally nbsp I've been recommending it to friends who like the classic Thinkpad look nbsp But this little problem is a little annoying especially since what I love most about nbsp this machine nbsp is the typing experience and I'm wondering whether I should ask to have it looked at nbsp I know there's a thread on the palmrests bezels cracking but I don't see any cracks nbsp Admittedly I'm a little worried that this could be the less-extreme example of that nbsp Thanks for any help or input

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P50-Creaking-clicking-noise-under-right-wrist-when-typing/td-p/3427250
Relevancy 57.62%

When I turn on the comp all I get is a blank black screen with the words ?Disk Boot Failure, insert system disk and press enter? I then have to turn it off and on again so it starts properly, its happened twice in a row, but when happens I can hear a loud clicking coming from inside the tower, I?d like to know if it?s a common problem that can be fixed/sorted on the cheap, or is it time for a new computer, (Its about 3yrs old HP media centre, on XP)Thanks in advanceSteve.

A:Loud clicking noise on start up

Hi .

Could be various things.

First thing to check...would be the boot order in the BIOS. Make sure that the hard drive is the 1st boot option.

The loud clicking...is normally considered to be an indication of hard drive problems (if the noise emanates from the hard drive. Soooo...open the case, boot the system...and see if you can do a visual/audial verification of just where the noise might be originating.

Fans (or any other moving parts) can cause noises, as well as case vibration...it only takes a minute to hone in on the origin.

While you have the case open, take a look and see who the manufacturer is and write down the model number of your hard drive. It should be capable of easily being momentarily removed so that you can see this data.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/179245/loud-clicking-noise-on-start-up/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have my laptop since december 2012. For a good while now the fan has been loud. Sometimes it makes a weird noise and its like it is going to break the noise can be a clicking noise and it ranges in sound for soft to loud. I was just wondering can my laptop be sent away to be fixed? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Fan-is-loud-and-sometimes-makes-clicking-noise/td-p/5840256
Relevancy 57.62%

My laptop computer Dell Inspiron has been making a weird ticka-ticka-ticka noise since last night only when I load a website that s heavy in photos or video and not every time The noise sounds Laptop noise clicking making similar to an mp file of hard drive spindle motor failure I found through Google but it doesn t have that background whine and seems to coincide with the fan speeding up It also doesn t sound like it s coming from the hard drive located at the lower left Laptop making clicking noise side in my laptop I believe but the middle-to-upper left side Can someone help me identify what s likely to be wrong The computer is several years old so I m not surprised if something s breaking down but I sure hope it s repairable My specs yes I m aware that I m extremely behind in the updates Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc U C Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Laptop making clicking noise

check there is not a wire touching a fan blade

a fan unbalanced by dust

run dell diagnostics

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-making-clicking-noise.1082923/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello all I need your feedback on this one I have an IBM A m laptop and about a week ago it started making clicking noises when ever I turned it on meanwhile the system IBM noise A22m clicking w/ laptop was trying to boot up and never succesfully did The clicking woul stop after secs and to boot up just so i could tell me that something was wrong would take about mins I removed IBM A22m laptop w/ clicking noise the memory modules and switched out the hard drive just in case it was the hard drive going out but still no such luck and the clicking and delay is still there The OS never boots up The only features I get are the F for set up and F to boot from a device After attempting to reinstall XP the whole process stalls and says that hard drive cannot be found press any key to exit Do any of you all know what it maybe Could it be IBM A22m laptop w/ clicking noise the motherboard Or just a simple connection Please help me Thank you all in advance for any info the message Hard drive not installed If operating system not found re-install hard drive Hit any key to exit Pressing any key takes me to a black screen where the following info repeats over and over Intel Boot Agent Verision Copyright - Intel Corporation PXE-E Media Test Failure check cable PXE-M F Exiting Intel PXE ROM Operating System not found Help nbsp

A:IBM A22m laptop w/ clicking noise

Sounds like your hard drive bit the dust. That's the "click of death", hope you had it backed up.

Did this really happen with two hard disks? That seems pretty hard to believe...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ibm-a22m-laptop-w-clicking-noise.612767/
Relevancy 57.62%

Dear all,I'm having some problems with my recently-purchased lenovo z51-70. I noticed a chirping sound coming from the fan (which resembles the noise that HDD makes when accessing it). I update the BIOS to v2 but, even though the sound is quieter, it's still there. How do I know if it is and hardware problem?  Thanks in advance for your support,have a nice day   

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/LENOVO-Z51-70-fan-noise-clicking-chirping/td-p/3363746
Relevancy 57.62%

My friend formated his HDD then when he reinstalled windows on it & when he was copying stuff from another HDD he installed avast anti-virus then restarted his computer then while he was copying from folder to folder in the same HDD he started hearing a clicking noise & it said a file was old or something & avast may be outdated & then the blue screen off death showed up. Should i even turn it on?

A:Clicking Noise Then Blue Screen

Ouch! Clicking and then the BSOD can be a very serious problem. I suggest accessing the hard drive without booting Windows from it. Do you know the HD interface? For example SATA, Ultra ATA, IDE etc. What you can do is get another hard drive with an interface that will work with your motherboard, disconnect the old HD, install windows on the new HD, and boot up the computer with the main HD. Then shut down, plug in the old HD, and make sure you are booting with the NEW hard drive. To do so, enter System Setup (or BIOS) then change the boot sequence so that the ID of the new HD is on top. Now turn on the computer, and under "My Computer", you should see another HD. Click on the old HD and go to My Documents. You should get the error "Access Denied". This can be resolved by following the instructions at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/810881/. After you have taken control of My Documents, back up the data you need, and reformat the old HD. If you cannot even access the old HD because it is not detected, I am very sorry but there is a very slim chance that the data on the old hard drive is accessible. Of course there is always the choice of using a data recovery specialist in you area, but they are pricey. I hope this helps!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/clicking-noise-then-blue-screen.501915/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi A couple of weeks ago I built a low end system for use at my flat specs as follows Gigabyte H M-DS Intel Core i - Processor Corsair XMS GB DDR Mhz RAM MSI N GTX-TI-M D GD OC Corsair CX W PSU Because of delays in shipping my GTX Ti was not installed until yesterday For the last couple of weeks I have been making do with a GT I had no problems using the GT However when I installed the GTX Ti and installed the drivers I started getting crashes in game In Call of Duty I get an error with the following message quot Direct X has encountered an unrecoverable error Check the readme for possible solutions quot In this case the screen will PSU GPU crashing. clicking noise, Solved: freeze for seconds or so and will start responding again Upon tabbing out of game the error message is shown While I am on my desktop I sometimes also get crashes the screen will go black and after seconds an error message appears saying quot Display driver Nvidia Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version I downgraded the driver in hope of fixing the Solved: PSU clicking noise, GPU crashing. crashes without success stopped responding and has successfully recovered quot I also get freezes in League of Legends The screen will freeze for seconds or so and will respond again The last type of crash again in Call of Duty is when my PC becomes completely unresponsive and the only solution is to restart my PC I can t check my temperatures while my PC is frozen however when if it responds the temperatures on Speedfan look normal in the - degree range I do not have any other games installed at the moment so I am unable to test if the problem is limited to these two games My second problem is with a clicking sound coming from within my PC The sound seems to come from inside the PSU and if I tilt my case in a different position the sound will get quieter dispersal Should I be worried about this It sounds bit like plastic hitting a fan spinning at high speed I am unsure if I had this problem before I swapped my GPU Any help with either of these problems would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

Specs Gpu GTS CPU Athlon BE Hdd WD FAEX tb Ram corsair vengeance x w psu Windows b Okay so today my PC was working totally fine until I decided to finally says monitor no signal Clicking noise, put Clicking noise, monitor says no signal risers on my motherboard also known as standoffs I had to remove everything and put it back together Clicking noise, monitor says no signal Everything is seated firmly as can be now though When I turn on my PC all of the fans spin and all seems well No beeps etc however I believe the hard drive is making some sort of click noise I extensively pinpointed it to there I can't tell if the OS is booting up since I don't know how to produce a noise without seeing anything I took out the CMOS battery but no fix I reseated all components firmly pushed in cables I will try booting without HDD in about minutes I'm trying some things I tried different monitors and dvi slots EDIT Put everything back together and it works now I don't know what went wrong But it works now A stressful day that was

A:Clicking noise, monitor says no signal

Do you see a BIOS screen at all?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/33611-clicking-noise-monitor-says-no-signal.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Recently I noticed that my computer would emit the noise that you would normally hear if you were navigating through IE or folders through my speaker when none of those were being done at the time After doing a bit of searching around on the internet I've found no avail but merely noise navigational 'clicking' Continual ways to 'shut the sound off' via sound settings What I'm curious about is why my computer is suddenly beginning to emit this noise when no action is Continual navigational 'clicking' noise present to cause the noise I've also begun to experience recent 'An error has occurred please try again later ' via Youtube com After searching for this as well also trying 'hotfixes ' such as reinstalling Flash Player I've found no conclusion to why these strange things are suddenly happening to my computer To get a better understanding that this problem was client side I tested the same videos that I had gotten the error on on my current machine on my older machine My older machine did not have this problem which is why I suspect a possible malicious or unwanted program item to be on my computer without my knowledge I decided to follow the instructions Virus Trojan Spyware Removal Help provided within this forum in order to clarify whether or not this problem is because my machine is infected Unfortunately though GMER exe is not compatible with my current system which is Windows bit so I cannot provide all of the data requested Below are my attachments and DDS request Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you suninthewinter DDS Ver - - - NTFSX Run by Shelby at on Thu Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system FBAgent exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Hotkey ASLDRSrv exe C Program Files ATKGFNEX GFNEXSrv exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Intel Intel R Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files x ASUS ASUS Live Update ALU exe C Program Files P G BatteryLife exe C Program Files x ASUS Splendid ACMON exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Program Files x ASUS SmartLogon sensorsrv exe C Program Files x ASUS ControlDeck ControlDeckStartUp exe C Program Files x ASUS Wireless Console wcourier exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x ASUS ATK Hotkey HControl exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Hotkey ATKOSD exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Hotkey HControlUser exe C Program Files x ASUS ATKOSD ATKOSD exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Hotkey KBFiltr exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Hotkey WDC exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Media DMedia exe C Program Files x Creative SB Audigy Volume Panel VolPanlu exe C Windows SysWOW ACEngSvr exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files x ASUS ASUS Data Security Manager ADSMSrv exe C Program Files x ASUS ASUS Data Security Manager ADSMTray exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R Management Engine Components UNS UNS exe C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows system wuauclt exe C Users Shelby AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Shelby AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C ... Read more

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi guys I have an Noise Page Loading Clicking issue with my computer that is extremely annoying since it repeats over and over again The issue is that a sound similar if not identical to the quot Page Loaded quot sound from Internet Explorer I haven t used Internet Explorer in two years instead I use Firefox This noise is not only annoying but scares me that a virus or trojan is running in the background using Internet Explorer to download more viruses Which is the reason why I switched to Firefox Page Loading Clicking Noise in the first place The sound is so annoying that I literally have to mute my headphones and speakers to prevent that noise from playing The sound plays even when Firefox isn t running and even plays when I m playing some video games I ve had this problem before With what might be my other computer but it could very well be this one Please help me solve this problem Thanks in advance Operating System Windows Home Premium x bit Video Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD Installed memory RAM GB GB usable Manufacturer Gateway Model NV A Processor AMD Anthlon II P Dual-Core Processor GHz

A:Page Loading Clicking Noise

See here: http://thebackroomtech.com/2009/01/29/howto-disable-the-clicking-sound-in-internet-explorer-and-windows-explorer/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/388893/page-loading-clicking-noise/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello to all
I am not technicaly of a high standard, so any advice given would be appreciated if it was quite simple please.
I have an old IBM thinkcentre and it has made a regular loud clicking/banging sound for a few months now, any help would be appreciatted. thank you in advance.

Alan

A:Clicking/banging noise - IBM thinkcentre

Fan or hard drive noise simple...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/clicking-banging-noise-ibm-thinkcentre.193128/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a Dell Inspiron 600M laptop that has recently started making clicking noises intermittently. Can anyone please advise me as to what I should do.

A:Solved: Clicking noise on laptop

Is there a cd or dvd in the notebook? If not probably the hard drive. How old is the laptop? Have you backed up your info on a external device yet?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-clicking-noise-on-laptop.796799/
Relevancy 57.62%

My 'puter started making a strange clicking noise. Very low. I haven't opened it up yet because something tells me it's my hard drive. I have a Maxtor Diamondmax with the ball bearings. It sounds almost like playing cards spinning on a bicycle tire. It goes from slow to fast and I can hear the platter spinning. Can't tell if performance has really changed. The hard drive is only maybe 2.5 years old. Any ideas on this?

Relevancy 57.62%

Hello all,

My laptop is playing repetitive mouse clicking noises, or browser refresh noises through my speaker continuously!! Im currently running an AVG scan hopfully it will pick up this problem...as my fears is that it is a virus???

The laptop does not make the noise until i run a program.

It is not due to a cell phone.

It is not the speakers as it plays the noise through headphones.

Man its annoying!

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi,

I suppose from the topic name, you already know why im a bit worried.

I had a second hand hard drive put into my laptop, The Hard drive is a Samsung HM160HC.

The problem is that occasionally it will make a quiet clicking noise, not a typical click. It is very mechanical, and sounds very much like something is being flicked. I have had Hardware checks done on it from the Bios (not in windows) and the computer recognises it as fully functioning.

I have been advised that there shouldnt be anything to worry about. But Im here looking for a few other opinions.

Thankyou

Relevancy 57.62%

Yesterday we had a thunderstorm and the power flickered a couple times. Today I tried to turn on my computer and the red light on the motherboard flashes and then turns off so my computer won't turn on. When I push the power button and keep it pushed in, it makes a clicking noise and the light keeps flashing.

There's also a green light at the top, sometimes it flashes when I plug in the power cord and sometimes it doesn't. None of the fans start running.

A:Flashing red light & clicking noise

Did you have your computer plugged into a decent surge protector? (sounds like it wasn't based on what you described)

It will be quite difficult to tell you exactly what the problem is in this case, but I would be the electricity has created a surge that has damaged some hardware. First, check the power supply. If you can swap out your current with a known good PSU, that could help troubleshoot. If you get the same problem afterwards, your motherboard could be faulty.

When you say a "clicking noise"...where exactly is that noise coming from?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/flashing-red-light-clicking-noise.953491/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hey guys Recently came home from work and found my computer turned off it was on when I left I figured a simple Windows update but to my dismay when I came to turn noise won't clicking boot, making a PC on my computer I heard this weird clicking noise see video I need to specify that the sound IS NOT emanating from the hard drives In the video I disconnected the power source to all peripheral devices Bluray drive graphics card hard drives and the sound remains The computer will not boot I've also read in some other forums that this type PC won't boot, making a clicking noise of clicking noise with about a second gap PC won't boot, making a clicking noise would indicate a RAM issue I've removed all my RAM sticks but one and then tried again the sound remains I tried this using another stick to avoid the chance that the stick I left in there was the defective one I should also note that in this video I have not pressed the power button located at the front of the computer I have tried this and nothing happens clicking sound ensues the blue light for power goes on and off at the same frequency as the power on the motherboard I'm a little dumbfounded at the moment Does anyone have any ideas Here's the youtube link it may offer more information YouTube - Computer won't boot making a clicking sound AVI Here are my computer's specs copy pasted from this site OS Windows Ultimate x CPU i Motherboard Gigabyte X A-UD LGA Memory GB DDR Crucial Graphics Card s XFX Radeon HD Black Edition MHz GB DDR Hard Drives Western Digital Caviar Black TB Western Digital Caviar Black GB Western Digital My Book Home Edition TB Western Digital My Book TB Case Antec p Cooling Nexus FLC- MM CPU Heatsink Power Supply Antec CP-

A:PC won't boot, making a clicking noise

You have what is known as the click of death.

Basically, your hard drive is dying.... If there is anything on there you want, get it into another computer QUICKLY and make backups. and then replace it.... obviously

Click of death - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/90658-pc-wont-boot-making-clicking-noise.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Quick question, would i be able to have an asus 4850 AND a powercolour 4850 in crossfire ????? both of them are 1Gb GDDR3 models. would there be any issues with them being different makes ? well kind of makes i guess..............

Relevancy 56.76%

Hello all,

Here you go http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVm4jGNhxSQ
MB: New coming Asus Maximus VI Impact
CPU: Intel i5 4670K
GPU: MSI TF GTX 760 OC
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8G 1600
CPU cooler: Corsair H80i
PSU: Seasonic X serie 650
SSD: Samsung Pro 840 128G
HDD: Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1T
Case: Bitfenix Prodigy white

So the installation was not easy, but I finally managed to install all carefully. I made a super clean windows 7 ultimate 64 bit installation and installed all driver correctly.

The only problem is this: I get this annoying hard drive clicking noise from the H80i. I don't know if it is the pump or the fans or the radiator. But I am pretty sure that I comes from the cpu cooler.

So what do you think about this issue and which component could be the source of the problem? Thank you very much in advance. Regards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-h80i-startup-clicking-noise.196394/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello

I have strange clicking or cracking sound intermittently. It look like a static interference noise (but it is not a static interference) This is worst when I'm listening to a video on Youtube.
Clicking or static could be hear, even when the video as stopped. Look like the system can't keep up

I played with the sound mixer. I got many applications running at the same time that sent me sound indicators

The clicking sound is lowered when I lowered the sound on the : "Sound System", leaving the others on the max level. When clicking or static do occurs, I could clearly see on the System Sound level bar, the increase or the movement that occured in the "System Sound" application

This is clearly an electronic or drivers problem, not a speaker or physical one

Hope I'm clear enough on my approximative English

Any help appreciated

A:Strange clicking noise coming out of speaker

Hi.
Cracking sounds you described could be generated by signal interference, oscillating electronic circuit, or even any loose end of connectors/plugs.
Since you're sure it isn't about your sound system, I try to help you making some guess.
Make sure there is no inducting device too near to your machine (fan, motorized device)
Observe your sound input cable and both side connectors/plug, are they all intact, and well fitted.
If you plugged it in on front audio panel, unplug it, and try to plug it in on rear audio panel
No more guess can be made here, but hope it could give you something.

Kevin

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/217237-strange-clicking-noise-coming-out-speaker.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I brought a new 80 gig harddrive about 6 months ago and i already had a 80 gig in there. Both have worked fine until now where i am starting to hear a clicking noise every so oftena nd frequent freezing of my pc. Will this be a hard drive issue because i can almost hear its coming from one of the hard drive, im just waiting for it to start clicking so i can really put my ear to see which one it is. Does this mean that the harddrive is on its way out (im suspecting it to be the older one) in which case i will need a new one, but is this the case? Or is there any way of resolving the problem?

Cheers

Stearsy

Relevancy 56.76%

You know the clicking noise IE makes when you browse or refresh web pages? I keep hearing that exact noise through my speakers even though I'm not using IE! IE is on this computer, along with Firefox. My roommate uses IE. I was watching tv and the laptop was on, just in idle mode on the desktop, and I'm hearing the IE clicking noise. I ran virus scan, spyware scan, still doing it. Computer seems to be running flawlessly. Please help.

A:[SOLVED] Im using Firefox, but hearing the IE clicking noise??

Hi, welcome to TSF

System sounds can be associated with more than just one program, so the 'clicking' one you hear when using IE could also be used by another program or process.

Go to Start > Control Panel > Sound & Audio Devices > Sounds tab. Scroll down the list to find the clicking sound associated with IE, then see which other program events are also associated with the sound. This will help you narrow it down to a few possibilities which we can then look at in more detail.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/solved-im-using-firefox-but-hearing-the-ie-clicking-noise-259863.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a Dell Inspiron I ve had it for about yrs now Just recently I d say about a month ago My harddrive started clicking My laptop continues to run but yes much slower I can t use Google Chrome as a browser because my harddrive starts ticking like mad and the pages wont even load When using Mozilla Firefox theres no ticking noise aside from like or ticks here an there The ticking noise isn t constant I suppose only when my harddrive is doing too harddrive Inspiron clicking noise the in 1501 many things Typing this and on AIM-- absolutely no ticking Opening up multiple tabs in a browser--tick tick tick I have that notebook hardware control thing because i read in another forum that it might stop the ticking no avail I heard it could be the quot click of death quot To add insult to injury now my laptop thinks my headphones are permanently plugged in The Inspiron 1501 clicking noise in the harddrive computer says the sound is working fine which it is because when i DO plug my headphones it- perfect sound But I unplug them and the computer still thinks they re plugged in any help would be fantastic I know I m supposed to put Inspiron 1501 clicking noise in the harddrive down my specs and stuff but I m completely computer illiterate so I have no idea If you need anything else tell me how to find it and Inspiron 1501 clicking noise in the harddrive I ll get the information for you Heres the system information part of my Dxdiag ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name Inspiron Laptop Operating System Windows Vista Home Basic Build Service Pack vistasp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Dell Inc System Model Inspiron BIOS BIOS Version Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual-Core Processor TK- CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode nbsp

A:Inspiron 1501 clicking noise in the harddrive

Yeah that doesnt sound good at all. The spindle may have become slightly off centre and as it spins faster the edge of the disk hits the wall of the drive case or something else. I sujest that you save what you can onto pen drive or external hard drive and buy a new hard drive for it. It would be a good chance to upgrade it aswell.

www.customdesktops.moonfruit.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/inspiron-1501-clicking-noise-in-the-harddrive.819416/
Relevancy 56.76%

hi there to every one.ive got a emachines e4046 runing xp home edition service pack 2 only recently my monitor stopped working so got another one but now the pc loads up but the monitor light stays flashing and nothing is showing on monitor everything else seemss to be working ok oh apart from the hard drive is making a clicking noise not sure if it meant to do that or not any help would be greatly appreciated im a bit thick when it comes to computers.many thanks.dee,.

A:hard drive making clicking noise pls help

Clicking noise from the hard drive sounds like it is failing or has failed. I hope you have backed up any important files you may have wanted. Chances are very slim for recovering files without paying an arm and leg. The price of hard drives are so cheap replacing one shouldn't be a problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hard-drive-making-clicking-noise-pls-help-446722.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Computer is a Gateway with Winows XP Home. All has been fine but this morning when I got up and turned it on it started out making this continual clicking noise. Then I got a message saying "Hard drive not connecting" and then shortly after another one saying"Boot failure, system halted". What does this mean?

Does this sound like a virus? Could I have gotten one in a chat room if I didn't talk to anyone? I had just popped in for a couple of minutes to see what was going on.
What could have changed from last night when I was happily surfing, to this morning? P.S. I have noticed you telling some people to boot in safe mode for various reasons, how does one do that for future reference?

Please help me, my computer is my only connection to the outside world.

A:Continual Clicking Noise And Scarey Messages

My computer started making that clicking noise a few weeks ago, and kept clicking until i got the messages similar to yours. Apparently, that's a clear sign that the harddrive is dying (at least that's what my techy friend told me, and i usually trust his analysis). The solution was to replace the hard-drive. He did it for me, and ta-da, no more clicking or error messages.

This may or may not be the case for you, but it does sound oddly familiar.

BTW: To boot in safe mode, continously tap "F8" right after you restart your computer. It will bring up a menu with various options. You can choose to start it in safe mode, safe mode without networking, command prompt, etc.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/39685/continual-clicking-noise-and-scarey-messages/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi I m at on or media Ticking Clicking burned noise my wits end trying to solve this problem I have a Gateway desktop with Clicking or Ticking noise on burned media an Intel Pentium IV processor at Ghz I have gigabytes of RAM Computer is about years old When I burn music CDs they come out fine but when I try and burn some ra files basically some lectures that I downloaded using real player there is a pronounced ticking or clicking that occurs about once or twice per second very rythmically like having a scratch on a record This happens not only when I burn with my CD burner but also on a DVD CD burner that I have as well no matter what speed I try and burn the CDs I have recently noticed that this is now occuring on home movies that I burn to DVDs as well The clicking gets louder as the volume of the burned media gets louder and almost goes away completely during very quiet points The noise lasts the duration of the burned media When I play the media directly from my hard drive no clicking I ve played the burned CDs and DVDs on other computers and DVD players and the clicking is there so its definitely on the burned CDs and DVDs I use Pinnacle Studio s I think its version now to burn the home movies The real files can only be burned by the real player unless I get a converter Does anyone have a solution for this I ve gone through bunches of CDs that are all useless because of this annoying noise Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/clicking-or-ticking-noise-on-burned-media.72854/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi guys Here is the rundown of my Noise Laptop :( Makes Clicking Sony problem I have a sony laptop VGN-FW F windows I have had it since December Everything on the computer worked great until November of last year While Sony Laptop Makes Clicking Noise :( on an airplane going home and while it was sitting on my lap not the tray it froze up while running Lightroom Photoshop cs and Photomatix I originally thought that system got hot but I am not entirely sure the airplane was frigid that day and I had only been using it for about minutes It froze up and it took FOREVER to shut down All the programs were lagging while trying to close them It finally shut down we landed I went home When it came time to turn on the computer it would boot up but the second it got to the Welcome screen it would freeze The computer would pause for about seconds then do a rapid clicking noise very quite you have to be in a silent room to hear it for about second then freeze again The clicking noise appears to be coming from under the quot H quot key which appears to not be close to the harddrive The computer would not be able to be turned off because it seemed to go in an infinite loop of the clicking freezing I could boot up on safe mode and it would finish booting and everything but after about seconds of being in windows it would click and freeze again It would allow me to do some stuff but every seconds or so it would freeze click freeze click freeze click seconds of able to do something freeze click freeze click to turn it off i had to do a hard shut down hold down the power button I was able to use the VAIO data recovery tool in the startup pressing f and I pulled all the data I wanted off of the computer i decided to do the full system recovery option I ran the diagonstics on the system the harddrive and the programs all said that the hardware including the harddrive worked just fine After the full system restore option i effectively formatted my computer and started over from square when i first got the computer Everything thing seemed to be working just fine after that I then went on travel again days later On the same flight and same airplane the exact same thing happened to me again I am not sure if it is related but I found it amazing that it happened in the exact same circumstances However when I shut it down during that flight nothing out of the ordinary took place no freezing or clicking at least I didnt notice it The next day the computer was back to its old ways of freezing and clicking freezing and clicking I restored the system again it was my only hope After that I was able to use it for month before it happened to me again I reformatted and everything has been going ok since then that is until days ago when the clicking rared its ugly head again I was using lightroom photoshop itunes and photomatix all at the same time and it started to bog down I closed the programs and it didnt seem to have a huge issue I then decided to restart the computer during shutdown it started the clicking noise again and also the freezing and unfreezing upon startup it wouldnt even get to the start-up windows annimation I ran the data recovery and it worked for the most part I was able to get on one try and it froze clicked when it got to the NTUSER DAT file I am not sure if that is important or not I forced a shutdown held the power button and ran the recovery again and it completed I then reformatted today During the system restore it got about done and started the clicking thing again it did it for a while and then eventually worked itself out of it and completed the restore installed factory software and started windows It is working OK but when I have installed some new programs such as Itunes and QQ chinese AIM it paused for a while did the clicking froze clicked froze you get the idea And then it eventually worked itself out of it I am pretty much now just waiting for it to happen again and then i will do the system restore again but it is super an... Read more

A:Sony Laptop Makes Clicking Noise :(

first things first, get all the data that you want to keep off of that hard drive. You can purchase external USB drives very cheap these days, and it sounds as if the hard drive is going south. After that, hit the HD's mfg site and run some tests on it to see if the HD is indeed failing.

But by all accounts it sounds like the click of death; I'd get that data off (at least what you want to keep) asap.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-laptop-makes-clicking-noise.984547/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello.
I recently switched from Windows XP to Kubuntu on my laptop. The internal HD is made by Fujitsu, and it keeps making a periodic clicking noise. OK, well, I say 'keeps', but the intervals at which it makes these 'clicks' is completely random. It did not do this on XP. I don't really understand what would cause this. Can anyone provide a fix, or some tips at least? The clicking does not affect my system's performance.. it's just annoying to hear. Thank you!

A:Internal HD (Fujitsu) keeps making clicking noise..

Is it fast ticking like a Geiger counter..if so its just the heads looking for files.
Now if the clicks are sapced apart and loud like the head reaching the end of its travel,,this is a concern...in this case the head is seeking info it cant find,,it fails to pick it up while the head is moving..it bumps into its stop...this could be from a corrupt install that may have some bad files etc. or your hd is going bad....I would be concerned if the head it bumping the stop during normal usage.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internal-hd-fujitsu-keeps-making-clicking-noise.913247/
Relevancy 56.76%

Recently my Toshiba Portable hard drive has been making a clicking noise when I plug it in in intervals of 1 seconds. Does that mean its failing (PS: Its only 2 months old)

A:Hard drive makes clicking noise

It's a strong possibility. Most drives that fail do it in the first few weeks. If it didn't make the noise before and now it does.....I would make an image to have ready in cased it fails. Make an image every two days and keep an eye on it. It could be something else, but it sure sounds like a bad drive to me.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/81454-hard-drive-makes-clicking-noise.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a Toshiba Satellite C55-A (Windows 7 Home Premium). It was bought brand new around 3 weeks ago. I've noticed that, besides the fan noise, the bottom of the laptop makes a clicking or buzzing noise. The laptop has blue screened twice, something about memory dump or management. I don't really mind the noise, I just want to make sure there's nothing wrong with the laptop's hardware.

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you!

Relevancy 56.76%

Hi while working my comp I get those clicking noises and sounds like something is up & Clicking and revving stopping noise a sound spinning followed by my comp Clicking noise & a sound revving up and stopping developing a blue screen then a black screen telling me it can t find the operating system and to put in my OS disc this has occurred a few times I have dis mantled the whole lot checked it and re-assembled It turns out when I give the tower a sharp knock the noise stops and it acts like nothing has happened gt could I be right thinking I have a bad electric connection It s a gigabyte m board with on-board graphics i - CPU GHz GHz only six months old If anyone can tell me what the problem might be I would appreciate It Regard Drecked PS I have a hard drive loaded with Clicking noise & a sound revving up and stopping widows I use some time and the same happens with that drive because I first thought that the hard drive was in the process of carking It Incidentally happens about every two to three weeks Looking forward to a cure nbsp

A:Clicking noise & a sound revving up and stopping

I just like to do a little follow up on my last post of July 20 ,2012 ! <> the mother board manual say's it's recommended to
to install the two (identical modules) in the one & two sockets ( you have to install two to enable dual channel) well I had all sorts of problems, and the tech were I purchased the board etc said it was my hard drive , well as I'm not one to give up easy I could not his accept his diagnosis ! So the last thing before I went back to Asus Country I put the two memory modules in the 3 & 4
sockets and strike me pink It fixed the problem no more epileptic fits , when they say bring it in and we will take a look that's
about all the do,. salut drecked > nothing is impossible <

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/clicking-noise-a-sound-revving-up-and-stopping.183177/
Relevancy 56.76%

I started my computer today and heard a strange clicking noise on boot it was a few clicks noise boot Strange clicking on Solved: it stopped and everything booted up seemingly normally Windows loaded but as soon as I got to the Solved: Strange clicking noise on boot windows login screen windows started going haywire with a constant arbitrary series of beeps It looked like windows was trying to display an error message but it couldn t The username and password Solved: Strange clicking noise on boot text boxes became disabled when this started happening I wish I had managed to catch a glimpse of the error message but it is only displayed for a split second After doing some research I read that a amp quot clicking amp quot sound isn t likely to be produced by the motherboard or RAM but it s most likely the hd instead I unplugged the power and IDE cables from the hd and turned my computer on again I still heard the clicking sound on boot which leads me to believe there is an issue with the video card The strange thing is when my computer is booting if a press a key when the clicking noses start the clicking noises stop Any help would be greatly appreciated Here are my specs Windows XP Pro SP DFI Infinity X motherboard Intel Core Duo E gigs DDR PC Patriot ram nvidia geforce gts antec watt power supply gig maxtor hd nbsp

A:Solved: Strange clicking noise on boot

You may have a sticking key on the keyboard. Try another keyboard and see if it still occurs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-strange-clicking-noise-on-boot.932654/
Relevancy 56.76%

I find the clicking noise of the mouse left and right key irritates people near me when working in quiet environment. Is there a way yo silence it?

A:Satellite R - Disabling the clicking noise of mouse

Hi severad,

I don?t know what notebook model have but there is no way to silence the touchpad buttons but I?m wondering why you find them to loud.

But what you can do is the tapping function of touchpad instead touchpad buttons. Check control panel > Mouse > Advanced > Advanced features if it?s enabled and how to use it.

Here is also a thread that could be useful for you:
http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=59356

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?60390-Satellite-R-Disabling-the-clicking-noise-of-mouse
Relevancy 56.76%

Hey guys and gals My mother called me up here at college with an odd problem she s been having with her Compaq system at her place She s got a P system in it that s all I know for certain now She only really uses it for AOL usage and my kid brother uses it to listen watch his media files When she would Noise? / Boot Clicking Error Solved: attempt to run a program the computer would make what she described as quot a strange clicking sound like someone flicking the side of a pop can quot This sound would go away when a program would load or the processor wasn t being worked too hard Hearing Solved: Boot Error / Clicking Noise? this noise and assuming it was clearly bad she closed her open programs and restarted Now she s got a worse problem on her hands The computer runs the boot sequence and it displays the infamous quot Invalid System Disk Put a System Disk in Drive A and Press Enter to Continue quot I had her go into her CMOS BIOS menu and look at her boot sequence NOTE These settings were never tampered with they were all factory out of the box settings Her boot order is as follows First ATAPI CDROM Second FLOPPY Third DISABLED I thought the problem was that the IDE HDD wasn t listed on the boot sequence so we changed quot Third quot to IDE HDD This didn t fix it I had her then disable quot Third quot and change quot Second quot to IDE HDD Still the same message came up There is no disk in A when she starts up Anyone have any clue as to what might be causing either of these problems before I go look at it tomorrow closely Are these problems possibly linked I know she probably needs more RAM in her system as it s pretty old it was new as soon as P was released to the market Any ideas are greatly appreciated nbsp