Windows Support Forum

Need help with unknown user in my network

Q: Need help with unknown user in my network

Hello,

I have a lynksis wrt400n wireless router. I noticed today that there is a user named 'scotty-PC' in my network.

I do have it password protected.

I'm thinking the easiest way would be to shut off the wireless if that is possible. My wife and I are both hardwired into the router anyways.

How do I go about shutting off the wireless signal from the router?

Thank you in advance!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Need help with unknown user in my network

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Need help with unknown user in my network

use your browser to reconfig the router - - use the IP address 193.168.1.1 as a URL
login: leave user name empty, password is admin
(obviously this needs to be changed too - - read on)

the Users Guide is here

Option one would be to DISABLE the radio - - read thru to find that

Option two would be to use WiFi Mac Filtering; -- pg 14
This option will allows ONLY defined systems access, so set a dummy, like the MAC
address of your wired NIC

Before you quit, DISABLE remote management on port 8080
and CHANGE that admin password

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-unknown-user-in-my-network.164009/
Relevancy 63.64%

in the picture below u will see there is me the owner and im sharing the folder with everyone on the network. but how do i determine who the unknown user is and can i or should i remove them?
thanks

A:unknown network user?

It could be a user that was once on the network but cannot be contacted (Possible password change, user deletion or other user changes). That being said, since you have the folder shared to everyone it would be safe to remove that user since anyone may access the share regardless of their user credentials

Hope This Helps,
Josh

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/301445-unknown-network-user.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I just noticed that when I use Windows Explorer, there is an unfamiliar name on my network. When I click on that name I'm presented with a Windows Security screen prompting me for a User Name and Password.

I have no idea what that screen wants, who the user is, or how to remove it.

Anybody have ideas?

A:Remove Unknown User From Network

Hi Scott,
As you dont recognise the user dowload and run Malwarebytes free, uncheck 30 day trial.
Then in the settings option tick scan for rootkits.

If you Right click on Tom, it should give you the option to delete it.
If not Rght click on your signal bars select Network/sharing then on next screen manage my networks,
right click on Tom and the dropdown will give you the remove option
Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/381446-remove-unknown-user-network.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello everyone I m new Only really here because I have an unknown user in my computers network and I am freaking out Usually there is only one user-pc Now there is another one Named GRSNGRG Now I have a very good reason for being concerned I live in a house shared with four other people I live in the basement apartment with my boyfriend A new housemate moved in just a few weeks ago named Gerson Why is his network showing on MY Unknown (windows 8) in user network computer Also apparently he works with computers Unknown user in network (windows 8) We have nothing important on our computer no banking information or anything but I still feeling very uncomfortable about it I ve tried Unknown user in network (windows 8) deleting it I ve tried removing the device but it s still there Sometimes is disappears then comes back Is he hacking my computer and if so is there anything I can do to make sure it doesn t happen again I ll attach a screen shot nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

Hi all,

Hoping someone might be able to help. Recently, a few strange things have happened with the PC, which first started when I found I couldn't use the Backup & Recovery software in Windows 7. Whenever I clicked on one of the buttons with a shield, nothing would happen at all. I've looked around and just can't find the solution to this. However, today when trying to fix this, I've come across a new user account in the permissions section. The name is jvactaett - I certainly haven't made this! Does anyone have any ideas how this account has got there, and how I can remove it? It doesn't show in user accounts through Control Panel.

I've put a screenshot as well. To get there, I right clicked a hard drive and went to properties, Security, Add, advanced and then clicked Find Now.

I don't know if the two things above are linked or not...
Thanks!

A:Unknown user showing in user accounts - possibly compromised?

A further observation is that when I do sfc /scannow through cmd, it stops at 59%. Same problem as this post, but didn't follow all the things that were replied as I didn't know if they were relevant to me...

Windows Firewall Service unable to activate, SFC scan unable to work

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/309723-unknown-user-showing-user-accounts-possibly-compromised.html
Relevancy 51.6%

The other day I went to delete one of my user accounts and found a password protected user by the name of Machine ASP....'s which did not show up when log ging in, only in user accounts. I deleted it as there was no way of accessing the account to see what was in it but was wondering if anyone might know how it could have got there. I have norton internet security, norton antivirus and sygate pro firewall. No one else has had access to the computer either(at least not from my home). Any help appreciated.

Relevancy 49.88%

Hello all -- I was reading an article about managing passwords in XP and followed its instructions I went to Start Run and entered quot control userpasswords quot at that time the accounts that I have put on the computer showed along with another that I did not knowingly authourize or even know about The suspicious account is a limited Accounts" My "user User In Unknown account -- password protected and has the title quot ASP NET Machine A quot thats exactly what it says asp net seems to be a microsoft sponsored site -- I guess My concern is that I have recently had and removed spyware from this pc and I did not knowingly authorize this account nor have I heard of ASP NET prior to this I really want to delete this account but I am more courious as to how it got there I am your everyday home pc user with Unknown User In My "user Accounts" limited knowledge of much more that the color of my computer Please Unknown User In My "user Accounts" advise Thank you Oh yeah -- the ASP account only shows when I go to the start run and access user accounts that way -- to access user accounts Unknown User In My "user Accounts" through control panel does not show the asp net account thank you originaljw

A:Unknown User In My "user Accounts"

ASP.net is put there by Microsoft when you installed the .NET thru Windows Update. Not to worry.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/56125/unknown-user-in-my-user-accounts/
Relevancy 49.45%

I am using Windows Ultimate x SP I ran HijackThis as you do and saw was proxy set. Unknown network Unknown adapter. the following line which I removed Internet Settings ProxyServer When running DDS in the dds txt file I found these settings which may be unrelated but I cannot explain them TCP Interfaces D EFE- A - BC - C-B B FC DD DHCPNameServer When I found these items I ran CCleaner just to lighten the amount I needed to scan Then I ran ComboFix and Malwarebytes Antimalware and found nothing I then used GMER and removed a virtual cdrom that had been sitting on Unknown proxy was set. Unknown network adapter. my computer long after Deamon Tools had been removed It is the proxy server that worries me Doing a quick search of it Unknown proxy was set. Unknown network adapter. there does seem to be a Trojan keylogger that will listen on that port Unknown proxy was set. Unknown network adapter. OP http www bleepingcomputer com forums t possible-virus-unknown-proxy-was-set DDS Log DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by User at on - - Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated B BF E- BB- - AB-A A C A C SP Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated A EAA- - E -AA B- E E EC SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG mdm exe C Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamS exe C Windows SysWOW PnkBstrA exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Microsoft Security Client NisSrv exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files x Google Drive googledrivesync exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files x NEC Electronics USB Host Controller Driver Application nusb mon exe C Program Files x Razer Diamondback G razerhid exe C Program Files x Google Drive googledrivesync exe C Program Files x Razer Diamondback G razertra exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Program Files x Razer Diamondback G razerofa exe C Users User AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users User AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users User AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users User AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users User AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Program Files x ATI Technologies HydraVision HydraDM exe C Program Files x ATI Technologies HydraVision HydraDM exe C Users User AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users User AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system svchost exe -k WindowsMobile C Windows servicing TrustedInstaller exe C Users User AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users User AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google co uk BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - C - D -B F - ... Read more

A:Unknown proxy was set. Unknown network adapter.

Ignore. Double post.EDIT: Merged with original post. -etavares

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/484534/unknown-proxy-was-set-unknown-network-adapter/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi there, I use Wireless internet for both my pc and laptop, and connect through my BT Homehub. But whenever I open the wireless connections tab, it always shows a Talk Talk Wireless option along with the BT one which I use (and sometimes a 3rd connection that is unknown to me).
I think my network is secure, as I have to put a network key in before it will connect to the internet on the PC, but when I connect to the internet on the laptop no key is required, (so unsure a bit now) but I just wanted to make sure that the Talk Talk connection and the other one that is showing, is not somebody who can see all of the files on either my pc or laptop.
Just wanted some advice really, to make sure I dont have anybody viewing my files etc. Thank you in advance.

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi,
I having errors in Event Viewer related to DCOM regarding permissions.
I have been trying to find those APPID in Regestry and changing Ownership, and giving "Full Rights" to Administrator.
On that Permissions Screen there is a Unknown User {1-xxxxx}.
I think this "Unknown User" is the old User from Win 8.1

Question: How to Clear /Delete/Rename or what to do regarding this User system wide.

A:Unknown User

Hello Adalwar,

If you like, you can safely select and "Remove" the "Account Unknown" user from the security propertied per item you come across it at.

"Account Unknown" is a general term for an account that is not currently available either since it was deleted or a user on another homegroup/network PC not currently connected.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/63418-unknown-user.html
Relevancy 46.87%

My daughter just tried to turn on her computer, she got a strange user name asking for password. The user name is jamey jamme ,, whats going on . if a password is enterd it says to go to account.live.com. but cant pas log in screen.. abd cant do it anyway because we dont have a accout with them
i guess ill have to take the computer to a shop and pay to get a windows problem fixed. no wonder windows 10 was free ,, fee is always nothing but problems

A:unknown user

Welcome to the forum is there not an option to. Choose the normal user

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/66612-unknown-user.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Please can anyone help me. When I go to C:\Users\[My User Name], Properties, Security, an unknown user with a red question mark and a long series of numbers for a name shows up. I did remove this unknown user but now what happens is when I go to C:\Users\[My User Name], Properties, Security this unknown shows up momentarily and then disappears. It does however remain in the registry. I deleted it from the registry as well but it keeps comming back. It's no big deal because everything still works OK. But it is annoying. Does anyone know how to fix this. I do have some screenshots in case it helps. OS is Windows 7 Ultimate X64.

A:Unknown User

It's probably a user that was deleted.

Press Edit and remove the id from the security list.

You might want to check the security tab on root of each partition (C:\ D:\ E:\ ...) to see if the -1004 user is defined in those security settings. It's probably inherited downwards.

Where did you remove the -1004 in the registry?
HKLM\......\Microsoft\WindowsNT\ProfileList?

I'll have to look up the full key if you need it.

Hmmm, why is the advanced button greyed out. Are you not an administrator?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/336089-unknown-user.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I just had occasion to go to Control Panel/User Accounts to change something on my account as owner and administrator and found this unknown account had been installed:

ASP.NET Machine Account
Limited account
Password Protected

I've never seen this account before. My PC is just back from the repair shop so I have been reinstalling quite a lot over the last few days and suspect that this may be something to do with .NET Framework 1.1 or 2.

Any ideas?? Should I leave it or delete it??

Cheers

A:Unknown User A/c

Get Started with ASP.NETASP.NET is a technology for building powerful, dynamic Web applications and is part of the .NET Framework.Developer ProductivityASP.NET helps you deliver real world Web applications in record time. To see this in action, watch this video to see how easy it is to build a cross-browser Ajax-enabled web task list application from scratch using ASP.NET 2.0, Atlas, and the free Visual Web Developer development tool.Easy Programming ModelASP.NET makes building real world Web applications dramatically easier. ASP.NET server controls enable an HTML-like style of declarative programming that lets you build great pages with far less code than with classic ASP or technologies like PHP or JSP. Best of all, ASP.NET pages work in all browsers ? including Firefox, Opera, Safari, and Internet Explorer. There are a number of Webcasts available to show you how you can migrate your skills to ASP.NET.Starter kits Great Tool SupportA broad range of tools support development with ASP.NET. You can work with a simple text editor (even Notepad), take advantage of the freely available Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition, or work with a full-powered integrated development environment, such as Visual Studio 2005. For enterprise developers, Visual Studio Team System 2005 includes additional tools for stress-testing and designing Web applications.Starter KitsNot sure how to get started building an ASP.NET Web site? Download one of the ASP.NET Starter Kits ? ready-built Web sites using best practices to help you see how a site should be created. Starter Kits for personal, club, portal and e-commerce Web sites are already available, and both Microsoft and third parties are making many more available.Easy to get startedQuickly get up to speed programming with ASP.NET by following along with the QuickStart tutorials. Read a guided tour of Visual Web Developer to become familiar with its features. Access the broad and growing community support for ASP.NET.Improved DesignASP.NET helps you create appealing, functional Web applications.design Master PagesASP.NET makes it easy to create and apply a common look-and-feel to your Web site with Master Pages. Change the Master Page, and all pages automatically update to reflect those changes. See this video for more information on Master Pages.ThemesGive your Web pages a consistent appearance with the built-in theming support in ASP.NET. Easily organize and apply changes to stylesheets and controls by applying a new theme to your pages. See this video for more information on the Theme support in ASP.NET.Built Upon StandardsASP.NET helps you create pages compliant with international standards.XHTML ComplianceCreating XHTML-compliant pages is easy with ASP.NET. Web controls support rendering valid, well-formed XHTML markup with a simple configuration option. This article provides an overview of why creating XHTML markup is important, and how ASP.NET makes it easy.Accessibility SupportCreate Web applications usable by the widest possible audience support for building and testing accessible Web applications. See this article for more information on accessibility support in ASP.NET.Improved SecurityASP.NET helps you protect your data and users.Application ServicesThere is no need to write common code for managing users and personalization with ASP.NET, as these features are included as application services. ASP.NET membership services provide best practices guidance and support for managing access to your Web applications. Watch this video for more information on adding membership and personalization features to your Web applications.Built-in ProtectionASP.NET provides built-in protection from many common forms of hacker attacks, including cross-site scripting, request-replay attacks and more. See this article for more information on common exploits, and how you can protect your Web applications using ASP.NET.Improved Performance and ScalabilityASP.NET lets you use serve more users with the same... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/54566/unknown-user-ac/
Relevancy 46.44%

After starting my Windows laptop if I go to the Control Panel Network and Internet View Network Computers and Devices a device is listed that is not on my network It is listed as either a Ralink wireless client Model RT U or a full ariel Model KFARWI and if I right click on the device and view the properties the Model Name and MAC Address are shown I checked the Device Manager and it was not listed in the Device Manager Also my router did not show it as an attached device I have Win laptop a Win laptop an iphone android phone ipad WD NAS and HP wireless printer connected to a Netgear AC wireless router with MAC address filtering enabled When I log into the router I have never seen either device mentioned above listed on the router list of attached devices nor do any of the devices I have on my network have the MAC address listed for either device After a short period of time the device disappears I have set up my network as a private network My concerns are Are the devices a security issue and can they access my network How come my computer detects them The devices do not list either a work group or a network location so am I correct in assuming the devices are not connecting through my router Is there anything I can do to prevent it from being detected

A:Unknown Network Device in CP\View Network Computers, Dev.

Do you have a Kindle?  This (KFARWI) looks to be an Amazon Android device - of which the Kindle is the most common device (IMO).
Search Google for Amazon KFARWI

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579758/unknown-network-device-in-cpview-network-computers-dev/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi:

When I click on the wireless icon in the taskbar it shows connected to my home network and an unknown public network. However, in the network sharing center it shows both networks connected to the same SSID which I find strange. How do I get rid of the public unknown network? Also in windows explorer when I expand the 'Network' list it lists my own PC name on the network and also under media devices. Could these be the source of the public unknown network? Although my wireless is working fine,
this thing just bugs the hell out of me .

Thanks in advance.

A:Network Connection Shows Unknown Public Network

Quote: Originally Posted by seven15heaven

Hi:

When I click on the wireless icon in the taskbar it shows connected to my home network and an unknown public network. However, in the network sharing center it shows both networks connected to the same SSID which I find strange. How do I get rid of the public unknown network? Also in windows explorer when I expand the 'Network' list it lists my own PC name on the network and also under media devices. Could these be the source of the public unknown network? Although my wireless is working fine,
this thing just bugs the hell out of me .

Thanks in advance.

I think a picture of the problem might help because I'm not completely sure about this.

It sounds like you may have inadvertently set up a wireless guest network when you set up your router.

Sometimes this is automatic on certain routers but there should be a way to disable it from the routers set up page.

Since they are both using the same SSID I'm assuming this guest network is set up outside the regular network so as to keep anyone connecting from accessing your data.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/304925-network-connection-shows-unknown-public-network.html
Relevancy 46.01%

When I start up the computer I get presented with this message quot The user name or password is incorrect Try again quot Below that is an quot OK quot button The user name displayed is quot morga quot -- my last name is quot morgan quot So when I click quot OK quot it clears off the message and I get a prompt in lower left screen First my full and correct email address and just below my full and correct name I get an empty Unknown Strange & User Name password field and when I enter the correct password Strange & Unknown User Name I'm logged on with no problem Looking at quot This PC gt Local Disk C gt Users quot I Strange & Unknown User Name see a user name quot morga quot with GB of data in files Desired result I want to logon with my name or my Microsoft registered Email account I really don't care which and have the logon to be automatic i e no pause just bypass displaying all that stuff and go straight to my normal screens at start-up WHAT DO I NEED TO DO

A:Strange & Unknown User Name

Hello websquad,

If you have Windows set to automatically sign in to your account at startup and made any changes to your credentials or computer name, then that could cause this. If you did, then setting up netplwiz again to update your credentials will sort the sign in part of the issue.

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup

The user profile folder "morga" is most likely for your Microsoft account. You can test this by typing %UserProfile% in the address bar of File Explorer and pressing Enter while you are signed in to Windows 10 with your Microsoft account to see if it opens this folder. If it does, then it's for your account.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/57983-strange-unknown-user-name.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi I've noticed something a bit strange with an unknown user account on my system Can someone help explain where User Account Unknown this may have come from I have no recollection of creating this account and it is not possible for someone to have created this account on my system Background I am the only User on my PC I always log on with the same password protected User Unknown User Account account and only I know this password The system is well protected UAC always on Windows always Unknown User Account updated MSE and Malwarebytes both resident and always updated Symptoms If I navigate to Control Panel User Accounts and Family Safety User Accounts Manage Accounts I see this If I navigate to Control Panel User Accounts and Family Safety Parental ControlsControl Panel User Accounts and Family Safety Parental Controls I see this The UpdatusUser is completely unknown to me Recently I have been running Ubuntu and Mint inside VirtualBox For those two Linux OS's I created a user account but this is inside the virtual Linux OS's Could this unknown Windows user account be related to the user account created for the Linux OS's I have not noticed any strange behaviour on my PC but to be safe I have run an on-line scan using ESET As expected nothing has been picked up Can anyone offer any advice on trouble-shooting this Thanks Golden

A:Unknown User Account

Update : Im still trying to track this down, and I have seen suggestions its related to an nVidia update - can someone with a recent nVidia update see if this account has been created on their system? Browse as shown in the image below.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/184141-unknown-user-account.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello I'm writing in hope for an answer to my mystery I seem to have a quot phantom quot user on my computer My comp is years old and has only had two users registered both as administrators recently my named "sys" user unknown hard drive crashed and a good friend and computer guru was able to recover our files and put them onto a new hard drive which he installed into the computer at first everything seemed normal but now about months after the unknown user named "sys" crash we have a third user showing up on our welcome screen by the name of Sys Sys has his own icon and is listed as an administrator with a password neither my husband or I use a password on our accounts occasionally and more and more frequently Sys shows as having programs running as can be seen on the welcome screen And the worst of all is when we come to use the computer quite often the screen is black and there is a mouse arrow with a hourglass next to it and is basicly frozen you can move the mouse around but cant see or do anything I usually just reboot and can get back on My husband thinks that when this happens quot sys quot is quot using quot the comp I went into user accounts under control panel and attempted to delete this account or delete the password but it gives me a warning saying sys will lose all encrypted files and websites etc So I am afraid to delete I ran a malware program from this site suggested to me by the same friend who helped us before but it came up with nothing I cant find anything on the web to help me with this problem does anyone have any ideas Please help I feel like my identity is being stolen Thanks -Jen

A:unknown user named "sys"

You could ask your guy and he could explain it and you can decide what to do.If nobody knows anything:It could be your computer fixer person created the Sys account to install or run things that usually require and account to run (like Scheduled Tasks) so it would not interfere with your other accounts. Scheduled Tasks generally do require a password so your unpassworded accounts would not be suitable for running STs. Not required, but generally. A ST could be a disk defrag, backup, anti virus scanning programs, etc. so Sys could have a legitimate purpose.With Windows, every user that has an account and successfully logged in will have a folder under C\Documents and Settings AFTER the first login. If there is none, the Sys user exists, but has never logged in. Any clues in C\Documents and Settings\ with Sys folders as to what Sys is up to? If there is no folder there for Sys, the user exists, but has never actually logged in (logging in is not required for an account to work for STs). You could run Task Manager. Right click Taskbar, Task Manager. On the Processes tab, do you see Sys? What is it doing in the Image Name column? If you see it and don't know, post the Image Name for Sys back here.You could change the password on Sys to something that only you know, reboot and Sys will never be able to login, but that would keep other things like Scheduled Tasks from running. It may take a while to figure out that something is not working anymore, and it is because the Sys password changed (Ah-ha!)If Sys is s user and you know the password because you changed it and there is a C:\Documents and Settings folder, login as Sys and see what kind of desktop you get, what is in your Start menu, etc.Browse to the C:\Windows\Tasks folder and look for STs. Right click, Properties - is Sys in any of the Run as: boxes? What is the task?While you are at it, make sure you can still login to the Administrator account (generally no password). If your friend put a password on that account, you need to know what it is or you could be (will be) in big trouble later. For my home stuff I have no PW on my Administrator account or my user (just me) account and that is okay for my environment. If you add a PW to Administrator and forget what it is, that will not be pretty.Nothing scary about deleting the account after you know what it is - those messages are normal warnings, but it would be good to know just who this Sys character is, has Sys ever logged in, etc.You seem to have a certain urgency with this Sys thing, so figure it out and then we can work on your black screen. Sounds like a screen saver of inactivity timeout thing your friend may have put on (in good faith) but is not what you are used to.Here are some respectable malicious software scanning programs you should run:Download, install, update and do a full scan with these free malware detection programs: Malwarebytes (MBAM): http://malwarebytes.org/SUPERAntiSpyware: (SAS): http://www.superantispyware.com/ They can be uninstalled later if desired.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/254731/unknown-user-named-sys/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have an unknown account user with a registry handle that is located in the registry in,,,hkcu\ internet explorer \windows \current version \ group policy\ group members .. this account user I can see in the Network/Myname-pc/users/myname folder and right click on properties and click security tab. I have no idea. my dds log looks like my connection has been hijacked by the www.spywareinfo.com domain?

A:Unknown account user

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below I will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREAndPlease download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OK DeFogger will now ask to reboot the machine - click OKIMPORTANT! If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_disable which will appear on your desktop.ThenPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/369871/unknown-account-user/
Relevancy 46.01%

nbsp Unexplained User Account JPG nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads nbsp Unexplained User Account JPG nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads First off I am a PC green horn but I am making serious efforts to be up to speed Bear with me Lately I have seen two user accounts I did not create and are User Unknown Accounts not part of the standard Unknown User Accounts user accounts I can t Unknown User Accounts seem to get rid of them My deal is that I am piggybacking with permission on someone else s internet access and I do feel this person is surreptitiously accessing my laptop I am the only user and want to configure the laptop to prevent anybody else from accessing it What s more some services in my computer are password locked and I don t recall doing that There are other issues I want to clear up but these are first I am attaching paintbrush screen prints of these problems in the hope that someone can help me with them I trust I am not causing myself further harm by doing this Advance thanks to whoever can help

A:Unknown User Accounts

Those are legitimate and you need to keep them for whenever the time comes that you need to repair your operating system

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/228868/unknown-user-accounts/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have Windows7 RC on my system, earlier i had windows xp SP2. Recently i noticed an unknown user account (S-1-5-21-XXXXX......) in the security tab of few of the folders/files. But this user does not show up in the local user group in the control panel. Any idea what this account is and how to remove it?

A:Unknown user account

Hi, @Cooladi Actually, this issue is caused by File system ACLs(Access Control List) on the harddisk, but since the account is deleted it can't be resolved to a username. You can try to use Microsoft Utility Tool (SubInACL ) to remove them. @Joesync Maybe a software/service sets a specific user account on these pic files, after changing OS or remove this user account on the computer, they also cannot be resolved. Hope it helps.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4ba78581-a1a7-46d1-8527-5fb0f663cd50/unknown-user-account?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey all I'm posting concerning my laptop running Windows Home Premium bit I was going through my computer as usual until I saw another user folder in the users directory Its contents had me searching for a while as to what they could be and folder user Unknown where they came Unknown user folder from but no dice The directory in question is C Users ADMINI It goes deeper to C Users ADMINI AppData Local Temp where there are files so far They are WMZuneComm etl up to was created this past sunday on and everyday after that I assume every time I used the computer To see I deleted that user folder and restarted and it was there again with another file starting at Programs I've run so far are Avast Microsoft Security Essentials Malwarebytes AdwCleaner and TDSS Killer Each scan yielded no threats I just wanted to see if there was any cause for concern for this user folder and the files that are being generated each time the computer is turned on Thanks for the help

A:Unknown user folder

So, did you have username administrator? And what you delete? The whole user folder or temp folder in that user?

Thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/528112/unknown-user-folder/
Relevancy 46.01%

I know we are user unwanted and unknown supposed to just present the problem and be done with it and not add a lot of rhetoric But with my limited knowledge of computers and their problems I feel compelled to give you the problem the only way I know how to do it and then you can tell me what it is you need to have you help me I read the quot this topic quot before posting a log thread and I read the rules for unknown and unwanted user posting such a thread and what to do before you post the hijack this log It seems as if that is for viruses or mal ware or that sort of problem course as I said with the amount of know how on computers this may very well be that sort of problem I will tell you what it is I'm fairly sure I know who the culprit is in this however I am not positive It would sound like a b rated soap opera if I gave all the details so suffice it to say that whoever has done this had the opportunity to physically do something to my computer such as add software or even hardware such as a keylogger type thing What it seems they have done is take control of my computer as an administrator or something of the sort And I believe they have done a very good job of it as far as getting all the certificates involved and just doing it as a programmer would have I have no idea what all is involved But if I post the hijack this log without telling you this I was thinking you would think the files were normal because they are done right as far as how to install them and all I hope this is making sense So now I am going to stop and let you tell me exactly what it is you want me to do and or post in order to help me remove them from my computer Thank you for any and all help you may be able to give me I must say it seems as if they are trying to remove what ever it is they have installed remotely but they seem to be having difficulty

A:unknown and unwanted user

Title was: Remote control of Computer ~ OBI read the "before you post about a problem" and the "am I infected" threads, and I still do not know how to go about telling you the problem.Oh I know what the problem is, but it seems unless a person has extensive knowledge of computers, you guys won't even talk to someone. And my knowledge is limited.I sincerely feel I need to tell you the problem in my own words, and then have you tell me how to give you the needed information to help me solve it.I apologize beforehand.The problem is not a virus, or any sort of thing like that, the problem is a person, (I know who it is) has taken control of my computer remotely, however they did it is beyond my scope of intelligence, and they are having my files and different things on my computer sent to them, my emails and everything.Today, when I turned my computer on there was a new icon on my desktop that said, "read me txt" and it was a read me file from a company named Boost. I investigated a little about the company, and evidently the person was not getting the files fast enough so now they have installed this thing.please let me know what you need in order to help me with this matterthank you for any help, it is much appreciated.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/247396/unknown-and-unwanted-user/
Relevancy 46.01%

"Login failure: Unknown user name or bad password"

Two machines, 'A' and 'B', both running W7 sp1 x64,
Both have the same username & password,
Both are setup to share all drives,
Both are using the hidden (or super) Admin account renamed (by design),
Both can see one another, all drives, all folders,
No firewalls.

Initially 'B' could logon to 'A', but not the other way around. A search found the problem under Advanced Sharing. The 1st two entries were turned off. Now, 'A' can logon to 'B', but not the reverse which is opposite of what it was before.

As soon as I try to connect, before I even type anything in, the message in the logon box is the above "Login failure".

Nothing was done to 'B' where it initially worked before. Is this some one way deal, logon one way or the other, but not both?

A:Unknown user name or bad password

You shouldn't even need to use the same user name and password to access each other both ways.

You don't need to use the super Admin account for this.

You should not need to turn off the firewall for this simple sharing to work.

I can't imagine how these shares aren't working because you have done more than is required so most likely a windows service is turned off or there is a third party anti virus software involved.

Have you tried setting up a Homegroup between these machines?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/327645-unknown-user-name-bad-password.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello, I noticed in some of my folder permissions there is an account that was not made by me and is not listed under Users in Control Panel. I have included a picture.
I am currently dual booting server 2008 with my windows 7 but I noticed that account before that. Any ideas? I currently use Microsoft SE and Avast Free Edition. The account in question is the one with all of the numbers.

A:Unknown User Account

hi,

that account is referred to user account that have been removed.
so it will be appear like shown above.
rate if help

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/76432-unknown-user-account.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello I made a rookie mistake with a file I User Accounts Unknown downloaded and as soon as I opened the exe file it just was an obvious virus After looking into things I found multiple conhost exe services running in task manager as well as two csrss exe files running The csrss exe files are both running from SYSTEM even in safe mode As for conhost Unknown User Accounts exe there are multiple running from my user account as well as one from SYSTEM In safe mode I only found one conhost exe to be running and that was running from my user account When looking at windows process dump I followed a couple trails and found folders within Program Files WindowsApps including the WindowsApps folder that I couldn't not open as an administrator Ownership was given to certain unknown accounts with SID's that didn't match any of the accounts showing up in powershell with the following command gwmi Unknown User Accounts Win UserAccounts -computername -filter LocalAccout true So I have accounts that I know nothing about able to read write and execute sensitive files Can I Unknown User Accounts assume this is the work of a virus

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/624950/unknown-user-accounts/
Relevancy 46.01%

I just ran a scan of my computer to get a Computer Profile Summary using Belarc Advisor one of the things it lists are all users of the computer the following data were included in the report local user accounts last logon Administrator AM admin jeff williams AM admin Jeff Williams is me and that logon time for jeff williams is correct I did logon at that time it was a reboot its the first one that puzzles me I was in bed then and there was no one else here NObody else EVER uses my comp at least I didn t think so Hovering over user names gives details about the user which is strange also jeff williams Privilage administrator Number of Logons Password Age days SID s- - - - Computer? User Unknown My Of - Unknown User Of My Computer? - - Administrator Privilage administrator Number of Logons Password Age SID s- - - - - - - Can anyone tell me if this is a problem could the other user be a hacker Internet is always on Why are there only logons for this quot ghost quot user Why are the password ages the same I don t use a password to logon What do the SID numbers mean Thanks in advance for any answers

A:Unknown User Of My Computer?

well, the administrator account is a system one so it's not hackers or a virus or anything. you can see for yourself. Try rebooting your pc in safe mode by pressing F8 at the windows booting screen and select safe mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/79057/unknown-user-of-my-computer/
Relevancy 46.01%

Warning: I thought I'd asked this already...

After transferring some HPFS USB drives from my old PC to the new PC, I've ended up with an unknown user in many of my files. It will be OldPC/Steve, but it manifests itself as S-1-5-21-713417444-3787200217-3968111754-1006 as demonstrated by cacls:

E:\>cacls tracefinal.txt /s
E:\tracefinal.txt "DA;;FA;;;BA)(A;;FA;;;SY)(A;;FA;;;S-1-5-21-713417444-3787200217-3968111754-1006)(A;;0x1200a9;;;BU)"

I can write a script to display the SDDL string for all my files, and to replace the SDDL string with the unknown user excluded, and leave it running for a few weeks (there are millions of files) but is there a better approach?

A:Deleting unknown user from ACL

Use the option "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" when changing the permissions on the root folder.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/266786-deleting-unknown-user-acl.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Since a few days, I found a new session that I haven't created, like on this image:

Thank you for helping me to delete this account

A:Unknown session (Other user)

go to local users and groups in computer management and delete the account.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/116239-unknown-session-other-user.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Dell XPS 8700 originally with Windows 8.
A former employee did not leave their password for Windows 10.   I need to reset this computer to factory defaults (do not care about files).
How can I do this without F8?
I want to get to the Dell factory recovery I think would be easiest.  Original OS was Win 8.x ?  Not sure.
Thanks!

A:Unknown User Password and Email

TechAce,
Since you cannot get into the system to restore from the F8 screen without a password you will need to reinstall Windows. Click the link below for OS reinstall downloads. You will need to have the service tag number to download.
Dell Windows Backup and Recovery Media

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19986190
Relevancy 45.58%

I use win xp sp3, bitdefender 2010, anti-virus, advanced windows care, malwarebytes, superantispyware, and ccleaner. I ran a bitdefender vulnerability scan and the results listed a user as 'IUSR_Your98555BF89E' with a strong password. This user does not appear anywhere on my computer logons or network. Is there a way to identify this user? Bit defender support thinks it is one of the anti spyware programs listed above. I only have one antivirus and I also use commodo firewall.

A:Unknown User Account on Computer

Some info, http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee825205(CS.10).aspx.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/338804/unknown-user-account-on-computer/
Relevancy 45.58%

A few days ago I started getting extra and extended activity on my hard drives I used Process Explorer to see what processes were most active and they were Windows Search indexer and mscorsvw exe I was a little suspicious then the phone rang and an Asian voice claiming to be from WWW Microsoft something or other informed me that I had malware on my computer and that he knew my personal Microsoft identity number I told him as politely as I could to go inseminate himself A little later I noticed that processes that I am almost sure had previously been running under the User quot System quot were now running under the User s NT Authority System When I run Authority Previously NT unknown user my computer in anything other than Safe Mode I get phone calls from people claiming to be from Internet or Microsoft associated security services This is ver worrying and I have no idea how unsafe my computer is I have run AVG Malwarebytes and SAS searches in Safe Mode and nothing has revealed itself Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated thank you in advance for your consideration Snowy

A:Previously unknown user NT Authority

Hello, is this WIN7?These 2 processes are related and are not usually a malware,disabling is at your option.Windows Search indexer SearchIndexer.exe is the Windows service that handles indexing of your files for Windows Search, which fuels the file search engine built into Windows that powers everything from the Start Menu search box to Windows Explorer, and even the Libraries [email protected]@Kmscorsvw.exeMicrosoft .NET Framework NGEN service. If you see this process running then it is precompiling .NET assemblies and will terminate itself when completed. [email protected]@K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/468750/previously-unknown-user-nt-authority/
Relevancy 45.58%

I clean my computer temp storage by using oldtimer's TFC today The log shows several unknown user name And recently the browser couldn't work fine for searching name, not Unknown browser user and work sometime Its show me disconnecting for some website said the www google com Unknown user are User UpdatusUser and User V I P O R TFC log Unknown user name, and sometime browser not work Getting user folders Stopping running Unknown user name, and sometime browser not work processes Emptying Temp folders User All Users User ASUS - gt Temp folder emptied bytes - gt Temporary Internet Files folder emptied bytes - gt Java cache emptied bytes - gt FireFox Unknown user name, and sometime browser not work cache emptied bytes - gt Google Chrome cache emptied bytes - gt Flash cache emptied bytes User Default - gt Temp folder emptied bytes - gt Temporary Internet Files folder emptied bytes User Default User - gt Temp folder emptied bytes - gt Temporary Internet Files folder emptied bytes User Public - gt Temp folder emptied bytes User UpdatusUser - gt Temp folder emptied bytes - gt Temporary Internet Files folder emptied bytes User V I P O R - gt Temp folder emptied bytes - gt Temporary Internet Files folder emptied bytes systemdrive tmp files removed bytes systemroot tmp files removed bytes systemroot System tmp files removed bytes systemroot System bit tmp files removed bytes systemroot System drivers tmp files removed bytes Windows Temp folder emptied bytes systemroot system config systemprofile AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files folder emptied bytes systemroot sysnative config systemprofile AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files folder emptied bytes Emptying RecycleBin Do not interrupt RecycleBin emptied bytes Process complete Total Files Cleaned mb and here is the DDS log DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD NETWORK Internet Explorer Run by ASUS at on - - Option Extended Search is enabled Option Whitelisting is disabled Microsoft Windows GMT AV Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition Enabled Updated B F -CAF -DD -C -E B AV COMODO Antivirus Disabled Updated B CC D -B -E DC- -DD BCDC C SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition Enabled Updated EB F -ECC -D -FED -DC A D SP COMODO Antivirus Disabled Updated C D - D-EE - A -E A FW COMODO Firewall Enabled F F -FE -E - B C- A E FB Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system ctfmon exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId uLocal Page C Windows System blank htm uSearch Page hxxp www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd ie amp ar iesearch mStart Page hxxp go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId mSearch Page hxxp go microsoft com fwlink LinkId mDefault Page URL hxxp go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId mDefault Search URL hxxp go microsoft com fwlink LinkId uProxyOverride lt local gt mSearchAssistant hxxp ie search msn com SUB RFC srchasst srchasst htm mCustomizeSearch hxxp ie search msn com SUB RFC srchasst srchcust htm uURLSearchHooks Microsoft Url Search Hook CFBFAE - A - D - CB- C FD - C Windows SysWOW ieframe dll mWinlogon Shell Explorer exe mWinlogon Userinit C Windows System ... Read more

A:Unknown user name, and sometime browser not work

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/534710 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/534710/unknown-user-name-and-sometime-browser-not-work/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have the attached user Standard user account that keeps reinstalling itself. I have run scans and Hijack This etc., does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

A:Unknown user account re-installs itself...

I found the Standard User account information in the registry. I am afraid to remove anything from the registry. Help...

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/281110-unknown-user-account-re-installs-itself.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I have an 'Unknown User' on the Administrative permissions folder. It has an outlined head for an icon instead of a filled in head as is the usual accounts. This account has special permissions. As I only vaguely get how the permissions are inherited, I did not change anything. I did find it odd however, because it was never there in the past. Whether it is a new feature or not and is it harmful is I guess what I am looking for. The other question is who is Null in the Outlook services. There is Bigfoot and 3 other easily recognizable services, but Null has never been there before. Thank you in advance.

Quicksandy

A:Just who is 'Unknown User' in the Admin Permissions

Hiya

Moved you here where you may get a better response

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/just-who-is-unknown-user-in-the-admin-permissions.285641/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi.

The last time I logged off, I recieved an error message "someone else is logged on to your computer. If you log off their data will be deleted etc."

So I have two questions..

First is.. how can I see if someone else is using or has hacked my PC?

Second.. how can I prevent this happening in the future?

Thanks in advance for all replies...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/398535/unknown-user-logged-in-to-my-pc-account/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi guys fixing up my old computer for my mum and found that there was a weird account setup here. It comes up as an Administrator Account but i've got no idea where it came from???????
Should i delete this account or what are my options.

Anyone seen this or know what to do about it.
Your help would be appreciated
Cheers Adam

Relevancy 45.58%

I am finding two Unknown Accounts in my User Profiles.I have a home network and wondering if that has anything to do with it. Primary computer (IBM) is not hooked up right now and is the one that is directly connected to internet. This one (DELL) is connected via hub as is laptop when used. I am also connected to a domain for work via VPN(though that will be stopping soon)and maybe that has something to do with it?I need to do a major clean out (for space) on DELL and then a backup and came across this while doing something else. All all virus defs are up to date and scans run often & regularly so all clear there (Norton SEP).thanks for thoughts, advice.

A:"Account Unknown" in user profiles?

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-security/windows-7-ultimate-user-profiles-account-unkown/4fe3a1fd-7930-4296-9bd1-94e30f0d91cb

Your network has nothing to do with user profiles on a system regarding such profile entries.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/474727/account-unknown-in-user-profiles/
Relevancy 45.58%

No training with Win 7. Got a second hand PC with it installed. When I power on the unit for the first time each day I am presented with a profile name TAAA that is not listed anywhere in user accounts. It however takes the password credentials of my user name and allows me to log in. Have looked for the profile, to change its name but it does not exist. If I should then log off, I would then see the known users that are listed on the unit. The TAAA profile is now gone. its not the admin account as I've checked this
What is this?

A:Unknown User Title upon booting PC

Sounds like a question that should have been asked...of the seller.

If it's not in User Accounts...I would think it is not a profile.

I get nothing useful or related to computers...when I Google "TAAA".

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/495101/unknown-user-title-upon-booting-pc/
Relevancy 45.58%

hi all... need help in knowing what's causing "unknown account" to appear in the user profiles... im an IT support of a call center where most of the desktops use winXP pro... all are connected to a domain... with this "unknown account" in the user profiles, one or some users can't login to the domain using that particular PC... error is usually "your profile can't be loaded"... the solution i have is to delete the profile of the user on that PC and the "unknown account" however it would be much better to know what's causing this so as to prevent it from reoccuring. thanks...
ramon

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unknown-account-in-user-profiles.269807/
Relevancy 45.58%

I recently had a problem with mallware which was removed. See http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ml#post3321629

A mysterious user account (ASP.NET Machine Account) appeared on my computer. Can I just delete it?

A:[SOLVED] UNKNOWN USER ACCOUNT

You don't need to delete it, but you can do, this is linked to Microsoft's update ".NET Framework 1.1" - which is contains an application/code that some applications you run on your computer may need to use.

If you would like advice on how to remove this user account please don't hesitate to ask!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-unknown-user-account-582556.html
Relevancy 45.58%

i had another administrator user account pop up about a week ago and I cant delete it. I read that win7 has one that you can enable/disable but I am not familiar enuf with win7 to find it.. HELP ANYONE

A:[SOLVED] Unknown user acccount

This the one you mean Enable the (Hidden) Administrator Account on Windows 7, 8, or Vista

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-unknown-user-acccount-895050.html
Relevancy 45.58%

So, I just built a new pc after the motherboard on my old machine died.
I just built it yesterday and have been updating/installing everything. After doing some windows updates I restarted the pc and there was a windows user profile "vmdvidwvky"
so far no one else has used this pc and I do not recognize this name at all. I have gone into control panel and deleted the profile but then it will reappear on the next boot. I googled this and haven't found any similar problems. My anti virus is up to date and I have done a scan to make sure there are no viruses. I'm wondering if anyone has heard of this happening and could give me some advice how to get rid of this.

Thanks,
Chris

A:Unknown Windows user added

Do you have anything VMD Movie programs.

Just a guess.

VMD Movie Plugin, Version 1.8

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/383895-unknown-windows-user-added.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi, I was changing permissions for some of my files when I noticed something odd. I have included a screenshot showing the randomly named user and the permissions it has. Should it be removed or is this something important for Vista? This unknown user appears for just about every file, not all though.

A:Unknown user, randomly named

What are the permissions if you look under advanced that it shows?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/275538/unknown-user-randomly-named/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello Recently i ve noticed that if I click the properties of any file on my computer and check the security settings this user is on the list of every file S- - - Is Unknown Access This Normal? User - - - - It used to appear all the time but now when I click security I only see it on the list for a fraction of a second before it dissapears What does this mean I m new to computers and i m not sure if this is a problem or not but i d rather be safe than sorry Here s some more information This is what I found in Local Security Settings in Is This Normal? Unknown User Access Administrative Tools Everything I could find that has this user in it Policy Local Setting Effective Setting Deny Logon Locally S- - - - S- - - - Access This Computer From The Network S- - - - S- - - - Impersonate A Client After Authenication S- - - - S- - - - Log On As A Batch Job S- - - - S- - - - Log On As A Service S- - - - S- - - - Ok I think that s it If anyone can help me figure out what this means it would be greatly appreciated Thanks Everyone

A:Is This Normal? Unknown User Access

Hey there Infern0, welcome to BleepingComputer.Sorry for the delay in the reply.This is a SID, which stands for Security Identifier and is used within NT/2000 as a value to uniquely identify an object such as a user or a group. "The SID assigned to a user becomes part of the access token, which is then attached to any action attempted or process executed by that user or group. If a duplicate SID did exist then all users with this SID would authenticate as what would be seen as the same user. It is possible for cloned machines to have the same SID, which would be seen by the authentication mechanism as the same machine. The SID under normal operation will be unique and will identify an individual object such as a user, group or a machine."In simple terms Windows uses SIDs instead of usernames. For example, if you double-click a folder, Windows checks whether your SID is allowed to access it; it doesn't use your username. You can read more about this at the link below:http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/S/SID.htmlDavid

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/63795/is-this-normal-unknown-user-access/
Relevancy 45.58%

my father passed away recently and he has some files on his hp 6730b that we need but we dont have his passwords. is there anyway i can get on to it. it wont even let me get to windows screen. ive tried boot screen and it just keeps taking me to the screen for passwords. tried entering a password 3 times and i just get a screen saying locked out press power button to restart. i dont get any codes.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/can-not-get-in-hp-laptop-unknown-user-password/td-p/5794569
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello

When I booted up my Acer netbook yesterday, I saw two user icons shown on the Windows login screen instead of one. Aside from my own, the other user name was 'spcnywicl' - not a good sign.

I logged into my own account and removed the user in the 'User Accounts' section of Control Panel. Unfortunately it keeps coming back.

I ran regedit and did a search for the above username. It cropped up in

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows Search/CrawlScopeManager/Windows/SystemIndex/DefaultRules/7/

The bottom entry was

Name Type Data
URL REG_SZ file:///C:\Users\spcnywicl\Appdata\*

Any thoughts on what to do next?

I currently have Eset Smart Security 6, by the way.

A:Unknown User account at Windows login

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

Please see this post:
TCP Flooding Attack

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/281084-unknown-user-account-windows-login.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello i am new to this site I need some advice today i was watching some tv shoes adn then decided to watch youtube and facebook on firefox Then my computer started to crash it began to install sonicdvd exe so i opened up task manager when i went to processes it showed an unknown user called Rightwing ive never set up or used that user name before however earlier today i was scanning paperwork into adobe so on did show computer unknown login user? my Why another the scanner to asked if i wanted to send the data to General Use coreduo which is my username for windows or send it to local USB or send it to Rightwing coreduo my wifi is secured and it s a complicated random password and there are only laptops in the house and the other Why did my computer show another unknown login user? is not known as rightwing coreduo so i rebooted the computer and it s fine now no glitches so far but does anyone have an explanation Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-did-my-computer-show-another-unknown-login-user.1060464/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi There I'm new to the forum so Hi all OS Win Home SP Recently discovered in the security properties of certain Folders files have x unkown user 'S- - - xxxx' I am able to remove the unknown users but there are far to many folders to xxxx properties Folder User unknown in S-1-5-21 manually remove from all Am curious to know if this is some kind of security risk and is there an easier unknown User S-1-5-21 xxxx in Folder properties way of removing the users Also noticed if I create a new document within 'documents' in my library then the unknown users appear in security properties Yet if I create a document on my desktop I only get sytem user admin users created if i then copy this to 'Documents' Folder in 'libraries' again the 'unknown user s- - - xxxx' are present in security user group I have run several thorough virus malware checks but found nothing Also have not created any users apart from my own and am not part of any Domain Any help regarding would be much appreciated as after searching the web am seeing conflicting advise unknown User S-1-5-21 xxxx in Folder properties

A:unknown User S-1-5-21 xxxx in Folder properties

Quick update. Have now removed the unknown users from the parent folder 'My Documents' found in libraries. This has removed all unknown users from folders/files found in 'libraries\documents' so problem solved.

Would still like to know where these unknown users originated from though?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/299132-unknown-user-s-1-5-21-xxxx-folder-properties.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello everyone!

I ran into an interesting issue this morning. I created a new document, saving as, from a USB onto my hard drive. The Word document icon changed to a double person, unlike any others I have on my hard drive or the USB. I checked the securities tab on that specific Word doc and it is showing Account Unknown S-1-5-5-0-185474. This is new. I can't find any other files that show this unknown user. My questions are, 1) is this dangerous, 2) where did it come from, and 3) can and how do I get rid of it.

I have made no significant changes to my computer since this occurred.

A:Question about Account Unknown User in Securities Tab

This has happened to me recently also. Everytime I download a file to my desktop I adds another security account to the file, Account Unknown S-1-5-5-0-******. The stars change depending on the day I download the file. My old files do not have this, only the ones I download presently.

Would really appreciate help!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/question-about-account-unknown-user-in-securities-tab-624024.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi Guys,

Similar problem to others in forum. I'm creating an EXE with gcc and visual studio and sometimes the EXE gets locked for a short time (say 2 or 3 minutes). During this time, I can't delete the EXE and I can't use any of the suggested fixes in other parts of the forum. Unlocker doesn't work; command line security commands don't work; trying to take ownership doesn't work.
On investigation, the EXE was owned by me, but the compiler creates a new EXE with an unknown user as owner and although I am administrator, I can't change ownership, change permission or do anything with the file. After a while the file reverts to being owned by me and I can use it again.
Very puzzling. I'm using Avira as a virus checker and am wondering if it is to blame, but I can't shut Avira down unless I uninstall it. Any ideas?

Regards
Chris Seddon

A:Exe file locked temporarly with unknown user id

Uninstall Avira just for a test - go off line in that makes you feel safer.

You can also try process monitor and filter on the tool doing the exe build.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/237123-exe-file-locked-temporarly-unknown-user-id.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I have two unknown user accounts showing in the security tab. They do not exist under "user accounts" in control panel. I have been unable to delete them and thought they might be part of Comodo firewall or Avast antivirus?

I'm not familiar with how to navigate to the security tab other then right clicking on a file...is there another way? I recently updated both their rights to deny everything in the hopes that might prevent any malicious behavior?

A:Two unknown user accounts showing in the security tab

Hi Jeff,

how many accounts are in use? This is how my Laptop C; looks.

Remember your image is from Groundhog Day.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/210196-two-unknown-user-accounts-showing-security-tab.html
Relevancy 45.15%

hi.
i recently received a problem where my laptop wanted me to type in the password for my account. however, i never set a password and i only noticed a few days ago that there actually was a password. i remember sending my laptop in to have the hard drive wiped, and it must have been them who set a password but made the computer bypass having to type it in when the computer starts up. i have tried starting in safe mode and trying the administrator account but it appears to have a password too. the hint for the normal user account is welcome1 which i have no idea what it would be. is there a way i can get into the computer?
thanks

A:Administrator and User account both have unknown passwords.. anyway to get in?

Sorry TSG forum does not help with passwords

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/administrator-and-user-account-both-have-unknown-passwords-anyway-to-get-in.875074/
Relevancy 45.15%

Ok I have everything working can access the net and monitor the other items on my network and that We do not have it secured and usually have all wireless ports full we have only one chorded connection and every other computer and system in our home is wireless including desktops We have an aggreement with our landlord to let him use the wireless network but thats only during that daytime hours and is for minor things that would not clog our acctivity down The past couple of days i have noticed that a unknown computer has been on our network I tried downloading different software and using what came with the router, unknown user WPN824v2 netgear router to kick him off It didnt work he just comes right back on after being booted We wouldnt mind them being netgear WPN824v2 router, unknown user on but they use netgear WPN824v2 router, unknown user so much of the bandwith that we get booted off all the time Our and my laptop are netgear WPN824v2 router, unknown user the that are on most the time and we never had a problem until days ago I have accessed his shared files even sent a note to his printers for nothing to be responded too our solution last night was to disconnect the router for the night and most of today I reconnected it shortly before dinner time the unknown computer was not online he popped on sometime after ten and thats when our connections including the wired one were slowed and at times dropped we have had the networking running for months with no problems until then All i want is to get him to stop this I cant secure the damn thing for the simple reason is my husband is too dumb to understand the password thing for it and gets confused so easily it isnt worth the hour fight to get him to understand it i ve tried in the past What can i do to stop him We think hes in the house next to ours is there somewall i can put up or something to scramle the signal there But what i would preffer is a network managment program I have had some network training but it was ten years ago for cisco systems and i do not know how accurate that is anymore I still have my books but they focus on Macs since it was for the high school i went to which did not have any PCs at the time Please let me know my options thanks nbsp

A:netgear WPN824v2 router, unknown user

I dont quite understand the issue with the password, if you set up the wireless with a password, once you enter it on your husbands PC the first time, it should never require entering again

I have 3 laptops and a music system connected to the wireless and I have probably only entered the password twice in total over two - four years, in addition to the first time i set them all up

You may be a ble to set up MAC addressing, so only known MAC address can log on to the router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-wpn824v2-router-unknown-user.725601/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi there,

Wonder if you can help me.

Noticed something strange today and trying to work out whether anything sinister is going on with my machine. Ran virus scans and such, all came back clear.

I basically have a series of "Unknown Accounts" listed in advanced system properties.

This machine was from a clean install, and there have never been any other created user accounts.

Here is a pic of what is going on, along with the message when I try to delete them.

Any ideas?

A:Strange Unknown Accounts In User list

Hi,

You might want to give this a read:

User Profile - Account Unknown - Windows-XP-General-Discussion - Windows-XP

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/216149-strange-unknown-accounts-user-list.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Not sure this is the right place to post this querry but here goes I recently swapped out my drives on my Dell Computer Purchased in desktop Deminsion On my old set-up I had user accounts for myself and my kids They ve grown gone and have their own computers so when Dell helped me set-up DemisionXP? User, Dell Solved: Unknown my new drive we deleted those user profiles after I saved all the data files on my external drive I allowed the Dell tech to go onto my system remotely to help me get up and going on the new drive I disallowed their access after the assistance be closing the dialog connection While I have been using my new drive a few times my system has said that if I quot turn off my computer another user on my system will lose their data quot I went to switch mode and their appeared to only me and guest set-up as users I then checked the processes to see if it appeared that anyone else was on my system Solved: Unknown User, Dell DemisionXP? and it did not appear so After this happened a couple of times I decided to open Control Panel and User Accounts Here I saw an account name AE which I did not create and was not Solved: Unknown User, Dell DemisionXP? aware of This account had a password on it as well My question is could the Dell tech have left this on my system without my permission Since I did not Know who that was or what it was or had a password for it I deleted that account Anyone have any idea what that was and was this the best way to deal with it Thanks Nervous Mateogal nbsp

A:Solved: Unknown User, Dell DemisionXP?

Well, you deleted the account. You can go look under Documents and Settings and see what was stored in the AE1 account subfolder.

If it doesn't happen again, it's hard to say what it was.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unknown-user-dell-demisionxp.898615/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello so unfortunately I've managed to get myself a virus that redirects me when I visit sites on Google chrome I've also noticed that when I Right-click on Chrome or Firefox and click 'Properties -- gt 'Security' I see a weird unknown user account listed A couple of times now I've gotten an 'app was reset' message and one time I saw a command prompt open and disappear in a second I've tried nearly everything in removing this thing and it Keep Random user & getting unknown redirects account! always comes back I haven't installed anything recently I got the virus by clicking on a link accidentally and Keep getting redirects & Random unknown user account! a pop-up appeared and it was too late the virus had already Keep getting redirects & Random unknown user account! downloaded Since then I keep getting redirects to more malicious software when I click on sites that Keep getting redirects & Random unknown user account! I visit often I've tried running MalwareBytes MalwareBytes Anti-Rootkit Windows Defender Kaspersky Norton Power Eraser HitmanPro AVG AdwCleaner TDSSKiller JRT RKill Sophos Virus Removal Tool SecurityCheck and The Windows Repair tool from Tweaking dot com and nothing seems to work I've even tried reinstalling Google Chrome amp Firefox and it still comes back Can anyone help me with this Thanks I had previously posted a topic about this issue here http www bleepingcomputer com forums t redirect-virus-help-needed page- The mysterious account names start with 'S- - - ' as you can see in the attached logs The one I've noticed most often is the account 'S- - - - - - - '

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/627377/keep-getting-redirects-random-unknown-user-account/
Relevancy 45.15%

Puget Computers Problem 001 – 22 May 2011

Product Name: Puget 84252
Invoice Number: 00046473 dated 05/08/08
Date: 5/22/2011
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium SP-1 64-bit
Processor: 3.4 Ghz, Intel Core i7 – 2600K
Hard Drives: 2 Hard Drives – 1 TB each

Problem:

While logged on as a standard user and clicking on an application that requires Administrative privileges you are prompted to select SysOp (account with administrator authority). After clicking on the SysOp icon and entering the password the following error message is displayed:

“Logon failure: Unknown user name or bad password.”

Clicking OK brings up the application with full access.

Notes:

This error does not occur when the same action is performed on other Windows 7 Home Premium installations.

Earl B. Stroup

A:Logon failure: Unknown user name or bad password

It may be that your admin password has expired. You can try logging in as the admin at the login screen. This will give you an opportunity to change the password (you can just re-use the same password).

You can turn off password expiration thusly:

Password Expiration - Enable or Disable

If that doesn't work, one of these should help:

Reset User Account Password - Vista Forums

Password Reset

Password Reset : Using System Restore in Windows 7

James

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/164725-logon-failure-unknown-user-name-bad-password.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,
One domain user recently can't see network drives and use printer. When you join a domain it automatically maps those drives and ads that printer, and it did, but now it is all gone. You can't even see disconnected drives in My computer. I am able to ping
those drives, but that's it. And this occurs only on one computer on one user. If log in to different user on that computer everything is fine and if I log in with that user on different computer it also works. Tried looking for disabled services, but couldn't
any that would be turned off from the most important (Workstation, Network location awareness, Network list service). Any suggestions?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/cfdf0bb8-f959-472b-90da-7dbe588fa0ed/domain-user-cant-map-network-drives-and-print-on-network-printer?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi Guys I recently recovered windows on my compaq presario cq using the built-in recvoery program which also made backups of my files I have reinstalled windows now and recovered my files but I have a problem A large number of my documents and files come up with quot access denied quot when trying to access them files to Unknown access blocking account user I have tried running quot take Unknown user account blocking access to files ownership quot Unknown user account blocking access to files on the folders but that has only resulted in some of the files becoming unblocked When I right click-properties- security settings on the blocked files there is a s- - - - followed by another string of numbers and a picture of the user account with a question mark which has full access as well as the administrator account If I remove this unknown user account and add my new user account the file becomes Unknown user account blocking access to files openable once again The only problem is I have thousands of files like this- I ve tried performing the operation on the folder itself but it has no effect- anyone know how to do this on a mass level Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Unknown user account blocking access to files

Very easy fix this.
Firstly please note that taking ownership DOES not set permissions. It does exaclt as it says, it sets you as the owner. Being the owner now ALLOWS you to set permisions. After this you now set permissions as you have tried.
Go to the root of my docs. Right click the my docs folder, properties, security tab. Now click the advanced button. In here set the permissions you want and now tick the box that says "reset permissions on all subfolders" or soemthing like that. It will then go through and apply those permissions to everything so you only need to do it once.

Bonus answer for you here. The s-1-5-21 account was your old user account from your previous Vista build. This is called a SID and it is used to uniquly identify a user object. This actually is what it really is. It is the windows interface that matches this up to the username and displays it as that for you. since this SID no longer exists on your new system it can't match it to the name so it displays the SID instead!

EDIT: I forgot to add when you take ownership first you also need to take the same box "reset permission on subfolders etc..." THEN do the same on the security. if you only take ownership on my docs you will not have ownership of subfolder and wont be able to reset permissions on them

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unknown-user-account-blocking-access-to-files.1000970/
Relevancy 44.72%

HiI was told to make a post here by senior user tork See post System Still Slow My problem orginally began with a reoccuring blue screen error indicating a physical memory dump This system belongs to a friend of mine and she indicated that the system was becoming progressively slower over time tork user inefection-forwarded Unknown by senior Intially I had trouble getting the system Unknown inefection-forwarded by senior user tork to boot in safe mode but after removing some infected file the system boots up normally in windows but takes a long time Unknown inefection-forwarded by senior user tork and everything runs very very slowly The system is a Unknown inefection-forwarded by senior user tork Toshiba Satelite p -s running XP Home SP Pentium GHz RAMPC-cillin Antivirus Gb HD with Gb free spaceIE I have run several scans with malwarebytes AVG and PC-cillin All most recent scans came back clear however earlier they were finding some infections I have since un-installed AVG and have PC-cillin disabled since the system is running so slow I ran DDS here is a copy of the log file DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Karen Larsen at on Sun Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsC WINDOWS System ACS exesvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC WINDOWS System DVDRAMSV exeC WINDOWS System nvsvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvcc TOSHIBA Ivp Swupdate swupdtmr exeC Program Files Trend Micro Antivirus Tmntsrv exeC Program Files Trend Micro Antivirus tmproxy exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC WINDOWS System vssvc exeC WINDOWS System dllhost exeC WINDOWS System dllhost exeC Documents and Settings Karen Larsen Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www yahoo com uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ieuSearch Page hxxp www google comuSearchMigratedDefaultUrl hxxp www mywebsearch com jsp cfg redir jsp id ZUxdm LRUS amp fl amp ptb I kS NNb ORy e Ccz qA amp url http edits mywebsearch com toolbaredits barsearch jhtml amp st sb amp searchfor searchTerms uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext hxxp toshibadirect com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ieuSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q smSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ieBHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat reader activex AcroIEHelper ocxBHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - c program files microsoft office office GrooveShellExtensions dllBHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dllTB Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - EB Real com fe fa -d c- d - fa- c f afe - c windows system Shdocvw dllEB - a - b-a - c a a - No FileEB amp Discuss bdeade f-c - d -bced- a c ab f - shdocvw dllIE amp SearchIE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra micros office EXCEL EXE IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exeIE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exeIE B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBC - c program files java jre bin ssv dllIE A- - f c- - EE C C - E -E D - - C-F F E C - c progra micros office ONBttnIE dllIE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D - c progra micros office REFIEBAR DLLIE CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE - FE FA -D C- d - FA- C F AFE - c windows system Shdocvw dllTrusted Zone shorewood com www agentDPF Microsoft XML Parser for JavaDPF - E - D - - ED - hxxps activatemyfios verizon net sdcCommon download FIOS Verizon FiOS Installer cabDPF E D - EB- B- -DA D C D B - hxxp wucma wyldfyre com xbin ENCMAX cabDPF DCEC - A- -AD E-FD C D F - hxxp disney go com pirates online testActiveX built signed DisneyOnlineGames cabDPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF CAFEEFAC- - - ... Read more

A:Unknown inefection-forwarded by senior user tork

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a description of your problem, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/203678/unknown-inefection-forwarded-by-senior-user-tork/
Relevancy 44.72%

In short For several years this computer was just completely vulnerable and got a lot of nasties The last days I've been obsessing bringing it back to its quot so fresh and so clean quot state Through following other topics on this forum and others I've accomplished a lot Downloaded a lot of trustworthy apps for assistance XP Edition User/Admin Home SP2 Unknown Overide Basically most of if not all the viruses are gone or at least blocked or at least I Unknown User/Admin Overide XP Home Edition SP2 believe Currently running quot avast quot and feel pretty safe As well set up this host file thingy that is supposed to at least block spyware and junk from actually connecting to the computer Although my computer is as fast if not faster since the first time it was turned on way back in there still remains Unknown User/Admin Overide XP Home Edition SP2 a concern AND this may or may not be because of a virus Back when I was a kid I know I messed around a lot with so called quot tweaks quot hmm maybe that quot TweakXP quot program Anyway my computer is messed up because of it now --------------------------- Main problems There's a highly suspicious svchost exe in my processes My computer name is registered quot W T quot There is an quot Account Unknown quot storred in the profiles -------------------------------------------------------------------------- I'll provide the specs Basic stuff Quote Windows Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack Build DirectX Version c Display adapter Name NVIDIA GeForce MX Revision A Codename NV Technology um PCI device bus x device x function x Vendor ID x DE x DE Model ID x x A Performance Level Processor ID Number of cores max Number of threads max Name Intel Pentium Codename Northwood Specification Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Package platform ID Socket mPGA x CPUID F Extended CPUID F Brand ID Core Stepping B Technology um Core Speed MHz Multiplier x FSB x MHz Rated Bus speed MHz Stock frequency MHz Instructions sets MMX SSE SSE L Data cache KBytes -way set associative -byte line size Trace cache Kuops -way set associative L cache KBytes -way set associative -byte line size FID VID Control no HiJackThis Quote Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exe c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcsacore exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Common Files PC Tools sMonitor StartManSvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Alwil Software Avast avastUI exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system mspaint exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HiJackThis exe C Documents and Settings AdMIN Desktop firefox exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Comcast O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO - B E -A B - A -B - CD E A FF - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dll O - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar - EBBBE -BAD - B C- E A- ABECAE - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run avast qu... Read more

A:Unknown User/Admin Overide XP Home Edition SP2

Your Ubuntu errors imply hardware problems. Now XP software is going to cause that. Ad-Aware is junk and I would get rid of it. Your thinking is somewhat flawed I think. MORE stuff does not mean faster, it means slower. It's like loading rocks in your trunk and expect the car to go faster.

You want useful and necessary rocks. Get rid of everything else. More stuff means not only more slowdown, but more things to break and cause problems.

Registry Mechanic is trashware is may be one cause of your problems. Get rid of that also.

For general system optimization you are going backwards. Start general and focus on specific if that is warranted, but do not go around looking for multiple specific problems on the chance they exist.

First and foremost, run chkdsk several times and get good, error-free scans. HD errors are the biggest cause of problems I see, and they are also the easiest to fix. I also like to run HDD Regnerator from the Hiren's Disk to make certain the drive is error-free and all the 1's and 0's are 1's and 0's and not a bunch of 1/2's, lol.

Second, make sure your power supply is adequate. I'd guess @ 50% of the PSUs out there are less than adequate. Bad power causes system file corruptions which can then cause any problem imaginable.

Start uninstalling all the junk. Get rid of EVERYTHING that doesn't have a purpose for being there. If it's there "In case you need it", then uninstall it in case you never need it. You an always install stuff. Getting rid of stuff is the hard part.

A good online AV scan from ESET or Trendmicro is good enough unless you have clear symptoms of malware, in which case you need to go to the Securities sub-forum for expert assistance in removal.

Hijack This used to be useful, but it is now considered obsolete. They have better tools now. However, AutoRuns is still useful, IMO and it might be constructive to run that and see what's going on there.

Finally a full-on System, Monthly defrag using MyDefrag really speeds up boot, shut-down and access times for the HD. It will shave 5 seconds from the boot time from a clean system that only has a badly fragmented drive. (Defragging will not fix errors on startup)

Check all your drivers in Device Manager. Click "show hidden devices" and report any flags.

Check Event Viewer for any errors in startup in System and in Applications. Startup errors indicate problems and also slow-down boot times. Event Viewer can also show non-startup errors that will also slow down normal operations.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unknown-user-admin-overide-xp-home-edition-sp2-535659.html
Relevancy 44.72%

my sister used limewire frostwire etc user access slow, unknown details... account, to on her account i have since removed slow, unknown user access to account, details... unistalled all of them but now when you look at the permissions on her account and only her account which is also read-only you see that it is shared with an Edit details Unknown User S- - - - - - - Unknown user has these privileges read amp execute list folder contents read and i can t delete that account nor restrict them anymore than they are i m not sure if that has much to do with the stuff but i m tired of this slow computer Edit more details the system never successfully defrags i could leave it on all night it will never finish loading profiles takes more than minutes and defender turns itself off often defender used to not be able to slow, unknown user access to account, details... update because it couldn t find definitions - slow, unknown user access to account, details... it won t start because it encounters Error x ba please restart your machine or try help amp support the computer just runs really slow no popups or anything but it takes much longer than i feel it should once i tried to change permissions on her folder and then it deleted her account she had to system restore to return her files i want to erase the hard drive but she has gb of music i don t want to have to back all that up Edit her folder says it was last modified the th at am i shut down the computer at am that s odd to me admin s account is named aro the sister is maggie so if folder names matter thanks i m just sick and tired of trying to fix this myself it s only convincing to get a computer that s not a windows machine hijack this Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C hp support hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard On-Screen OSD Indicator OSD exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Windows System jureg exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Topro TP tppoll exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Windows system schtasks exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Users Aro AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe Updater AdobeUpdater exe C Windows system conime exe C Users Aro AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system rundll exe C Users Aro AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Aro AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgui exe C Users Aro AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Aro AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Aro AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Aro Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page https login yahoo com config login verify amp src ym amp rl R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - EF BD -C FB... Read more

A:slow, unknown user access to account, details...

bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-unknown-user-access-to-account-details.1006893/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi a little background I updated to Malwarebytes premium on Sunday and on its first scan it found pum hijack start menu for a user in s- - - Unknown ... please someone - security review? s-1-5-21 settings Can 1001 in User - I have never been redirected and my computer is a few years old so I know that the slowness might just be the age and the kaspersky and malwarebytes pro running together but I was worried so i had some people look at it I go to school right now and can't afford to pay for a professional so the IT guys there did a few scans and ran a few programs to clean any infections you'll Unknown User in security settings s-1-5-21 ... 1001 - Can someone please review? see there are a few left on my computer not sure if I should get rid of them or not Told me that they think I am fine but because they left the programs on there and the fact I'm OCD admitted fault I decided to see if I can make the PC more secure Forward to today I found the same user in permissions on a few folders as unknown user with the name s- - Unknown User in security settings s-1-5-21 ... 1001 - Can someone please review? - I have put a picture of what I am talking about as an attachment Anyway here is my DDS logs I am copying both the dds txt and the attach txt If you need me to run any other please let me know Thanks for any help you can give This is my only PC and finals are coming in about weeks so hope it is ok DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by Owner at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Kaspersky Anti-Virus Enabled Updated C FBF- BCB- -D D- EDFEC E SP Kaspersky Anti-Virus Enabled Updated DE B- DF - BEF-ED D- AD D SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system atieclxx exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Hotkey ASLDRSrv exe C Program Files ATKGFNEX GFNEXSrv exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe C Windows SysWOW Fast Boot FastBootAgent exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe C Program Files x ASUS Splendid ACMON exe C Program Files x ASUS ControlDeck ControlDeckStartUp exe C Program Files x ASUS SmartLogon sensorsrv exe C Program Files P G BatteryLife exe C Program Files x ASUS ASUS CopyProtect aspg exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows SysWOW ACEngSvr exe C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Hotkey HControl exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Program Files Wireless Console wcourier exe C Windows SysWOW PnkBstrA exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Hotkey ATKOSD exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Hotkey KBFiltr exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Hotkey WDC exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Hotkey HControlUser exe C Program Files x ASUS ATKOSD ATKOSD exe C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Vi... Read more

A:Unknown User in security settings s-1-5-21 ... 1001 - Can someone please review?

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/531468 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/531468/unknown-user-in-security-settings-s-1-5-21-1001-can-someone-please-review/
Relevancy 44.72%

That is the error message I get when I try to modify parental controls. Help

A:Unable to set user settings for administrators or unknown users

try SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/270931-unable-set-user-settings-administrators-unknown-users.html
Relevancy 44.72%

im having access problems copying ,editing and viewing my photos on my external hard drive .it says i dont have the correct permissions to access the file .and the file belong to an unknown user account .how can i have access to this files ?
Here is the link to the additional pictures showing all the problems

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3381541016883.2168211.1220177281&type=3&l=160799ee13

A:unknown user account -S-1-5-21-98.......PREVENTING ME ACCESS TO MY PICTURES ON EXT HD

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unknown-user-account-s-1-5-21-98-preventing-me-access-to-my-pictures-on-ext-hd.1041592/
Relevancy 44.72%

I've noticed that when Online User Unknown Windows Live Bug Messenger I'm signed in I will receive a random message in the bottom right corner stating that someone has just signed in Unfortunatly this is a bug considering that the user that signs in is not someone that is not a friend or is not even in my contact list in WLM The Message will show the picture of the person but will not state the name of them The Message reads quot has just signed in quot where quot quot is where the contacts name or handle should be When I click on this to see if it will even open a conversation window Windows Live Messenger Unknown User Online Bug so I can try chatting with that person quot even though there not a contact of mine quot I get an error stating something like quot Windows Live Messenger Failed To Open The Conversation Window quot I'm running Windows Live Messenger Unknown User Online Bug Vista Business Service Pack Bit Edition I work in the IT Field so I'm not computer illiterate and do know that I'm doing everything correctly to my knowledge this error also seems to just happen at random No events seem to be causing it to occur I personally think it is a Windows Live Messenger Bug Compatability Issue With Vista Service Pack Considering I just Installed Service Pack Not Even A Week Ago And This Is When The Issue Started To Occur

A:Windows Live Messenger Unknown User Online Bug

I am replying to my own post with an update. This error is very random, It did happen agian and I was able to get screen shots so I will be attaching them to this thread. I hope that someone may find a solution for it. I have blacked out parts of my screen for my own privacy. Note on attachment #1, the popup, attachment #2 is the error that I receive if I click the popup and attachment #3 is my system specs. Agian, I've never known this person and she's never been in my friends list. This is defenitly a bug with Windows Live Messenger and is quite possibly related to vista business service pack 2 x32 in regards to the service pack 2 upgrade.[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Andrew/Pictures/random.jpg[/IMG]

http://www.vistax64.com/software/232164-windows-live-messenger-unknown-user-online-bug.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I note that there have been several other posts on this subject but I cannot see one that solves my problem I was transferring files from one external drive to another I found a problem with problem Windows User Unknown 8.1 Permission Account a set of folders that I could not transfer with permission which should have been fine as I Windows 8.1 Unknown User Account Permission problem have administrator rights Looking at the folder permissions I found an unknown user account Looking for solutions I tried to delete this account but was not allowed unless I turned off inherited permissions I tried turning off the inheritance but this resulted in an error saying it failed to enumerate the number of objects in the container access denied Looking at some individual files in one of the offending folders properties showed 'Unable to display current owner' selecting the 'Change' option allowed me Windows 8.1 Unknown User Account Permission problem to change the file ownership to Everyone - Full Control and I could then move or delete the file There are quite a lot of files to do Windows 8.1 Unknown User Account Permission problem so is there a way to change all the affected folder amp file permissions in one move Rgds Jon

A:Windows 8.1 Unknown User Account Permission problem

Hi Jon, welcome to the Eight Forums.

The user profile with SID (security identifier) ending with 1001 is usually (not always) the first user account created when Windows is installed or a pre-installed Windows booted first time. In most cases this means it's your own user account.

You can check for which user account that SID belongs by giving the following command in Command Prompt:

Code:
wmic useraccount get name,sid

This example from my laptop, the first account I created when I installed Windows 8.1 was a local account called Admin which got the SID 1001:

SID ending with 500 belongs always to the built-in administrator account, SID ending with 501 to built-in Guest account, whether these two accounts are enabled and active or not. Other user accounts start from 1000.

What the above means is that you have most probably tried to remove your own account. Don't do that !

Kari

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/54648-windows-8-1-unknown-user-account-permission-problem.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Account Unknown S- - - - - - - has full permissions in the quot Advanced Security Settings quot for my own user account on my Win Pro -bit PC What is it Is this normal If I go to C Users it lists four users Myself permissions on huh? has Account own Unknown Security full User my - Default Default migrated Public If I right-click on Myself and hit Properties then go to the security tab it lists Account Unknown has full Security permissions on my own User - huh? four quot Group or user Account Unknown has full Security permissions on my own User - huh? names quot with certain Permissions SYSTEM with full permissions - all items checked Account Unknown S- - - - - - - with the same full permissions - all items checked Myself with the same full permissions - all items checked Administrators with the same full permissions - all items checked What is the Account Unknown S- - - - - - - and how did it get there Two clues My PC is dual-booting Win Pro -bit and this Win Pro -bit I'm in the Win minutes ago and before checking this I turned on Public file sharing so other PCs on my home network could see any documents I put in those Public folders or maybe vice versa I do NOT have quot Homegroup quot turned on But wha' happening here

A:Account Unknown has full Security permissions on my own User - huh?

Hello glnz,

You will see "Account Unknown" for an account that is not currently available. This could be from an account you deleted that had permissions, or from an account on another computer that is not connected.

Either way, it's safe to remove any listed "Account Unknown" entries in permissions if you are sure it's for an account that will no longer need permissions for the item.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/65714-account-unknown-has-full-security-permissions-my-own-user-huh.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have one user on my system which is the administrator as well I noticed when I viewed the security tab of my user folder My own specific user folder e g c users user and noticed a few SIDs listed which the question mark symbols and one listed as unknown - I presume all were unknown I removed them and and then applied and then Windows prompted me with a security error in that I could not change the security permissions of some files and that I was to click continue It did this for a few files e g the cardsspace folder it folder accounts to Is permissions? user okay unknown from remove and then it showed the different files with the new setting being applied Eventually it finished and now those SIDs are gone and are also gone from the folders Is it okay to remove unknown accounts from user folder permissions? within My questions are Is Is it okay to remove unknown accounts from user folder permissions? it okay to do this considering I only have one user on my system and is not connected to a home group and Is it normal for some files to prompt and error about having these permissions changed and deny access Thank you

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/388546-okay-remove-unknown-accounts-user-folder-permissions.html
Relevancy 44.29%

My daughter is home from college for spring break. Her laptop was working fine on Fri when she left school but on Sat night she turned it back on and all hell broke loose. The user profile has been changed so that we are forced to use a temp/generic profile that will not access any of her saved programs or documents. I can find them on the c: hard drive so I know the info is still there. I am having a hard time running anti-virus and anti-malware scans as something is blocking downloads on the main user profile. I can download on the guest profile. I have been unable to run DDS. I downloaded as a guest and also tried transfering by zip drive from another computer. I have run Malwarebytes and AVG repeatedly and have removed quite a bit of rubbish but still have major issues.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Rick

A:Unknown infection... Changed user profile and blocking downloads

Here are the logs from the Malwarebytes scans. Currently scanning clean

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.75.0.1300www.malwarebytes.org
Database version: v2013.04.04.07
Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 NTFS
Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.16518
Naegele :: BIG-JO-D [administrator]
3/9/2014 1:32:27 PM
mbam-log-2014-03-09 (13-32-27).txt
Scan type: Quick scan
Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM
Scan options disabled: P2P
Objects scanned: 293046
Time elapsed: 7 minute(s), 59 second(s)
Memory Processes Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)
Memory Modules Detected: 0
Registry Keys Detected: 1
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\IBUpdaterService (PUP.InstallBrain) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
Registry Values Detected: 1
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Mozilla\Firefox\extensions|[email protected] (Adware.ClickPotato) -> Data: C:\Program Files (x86)\ClickPotatoLite\bin\10.0.644.0\firefox\extensions -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
Registry Data Items Detected: 0
Folders Detected: 0
Files Detected: 3
C:\Users\Naegele\Downloads\installer_amnesia_the_dark_descent.exe (PUP.Adbundler) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\crusher\Desktop\Antivirus Security Pro support.url (Rogue.AntiVirusSecurity) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\Naegele\Local Settings\TempDIR\BetterInstaller.exe (PUP.BundleInstaller.Somoto) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
(end)

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.75.0.1300www.malwarebytes.org
Database version: v2014.03.09.07
Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 NTFS
Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.16518
Naegele :: BIG-JO-D [administrator]
3/9/2014 2:07:35 PM
mbam-log-2014-03-09 (14-07-35).txt
Scan type: Full scan (C:\|)
Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM | P2P
Scan options disabled:
Objects scanned: 544970
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 58 minute(s), 24 second(s)
Memory Processes Detected: 4
C:\Program Files\Web Assistant\ExtensionUpdaterService.exe (PUP.Optional.SweetPacks.A) -> 3036 -> Delete on reboot.
C:\Program Files (x86)\SearchProtect\SearchProtect\bin\cltmng.exe (PUP.Optional.Conduit.A) -> 3468 -> Delete on reboot.
C:\Program Files (x86)\SearchProtect\UI\bin\cltmngui.exe (PUP.Optional.Conduit.A) -> 2044 -> Delete on reboot.
C:\Program Files (x86)\SweetIM\Communicator\SweetPacksUpdateManager.exe (PUP.Optional.SweetIM) -> 5280 -> Delete on reboot.
Memory Modules Detected: 4
C:\Program Files (x86)\SweetIM\Communicator\mgcommon.dll (PUP.Optional.SweetIM) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\Program Files (x86)\SweetIM\Communicator\mgxml_wrapper.dll (PUP.Optional.SweetIM) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\Program Files (x86)\SweetIM\Communicator\mgcommunication.dll (PUP.Optional.SweetIM) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\Program Files (x86)\SweetIM\Communicator\mgsimcommon.dll (PUP.Optional.SweetIM) -> Delete on reboot.
Registry Keys Detected: 26
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Web Assistant (PUP.Optional.SweetPacks.A) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\CltMngSvc (PUP.Optional.Conduit.A) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKCR\CLSID\{EEE6C35B-6118-11DC-9C72-001320C79847} (PUP.Optional.SweetPacks) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKCR\TypeLib\{EEE6C35E-6118-11DC-9C72-001320C79847} (PUP.Optional.SweetPacks) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKCR\Interface\{EEE6C358-6118-11DC-9C72-001320C79847} (PUP.Optional.SweetPacks) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKCR\SWEETIE.IEToolbar.1 (PUP.Optional.SweetPacks) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKCR\SWEETIE.IEToolbar (PUP.Optional.SweetPacks) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{EEE6C35B-6118-11DC-9C7... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/527100/unknown-infection-changed-user-profile-and-blocking-downloads/
Relevancy 44.29%

Unknown virus not detected by User Permissions & created Authorized Virus Undetected now Unknown Kaspersky Internet Security or Bitdefender Total Security entered my computer via Windows Mail in May deleted all my contacts and began sending bogus emails to me from Facebook contacts that were not in my Windows contacts Now it is putting desktop ini files on my Desktop It has now created its own User name Unknown & Undetected Virus now created Authorized User Permissions in the User Accounts and in file Properties Unknown & Undetected Virus now created Authorized User Permissions I see they are creating and changing file authorizations This is beyond out of control I don't know what kind of virus it is I don't know what I can send you or show you to prove it is there when the top rated virus protection programs cannot find it Running Windows VISTA -bit Service Pack cannot update Windows-process is being blocked by virus Malwarebytes Bitdfender Total Security Carbonite Home Online Backup Deleted licensed copy of Kaspersky Internet Security today to download -day trial of Bitdefender-ran full scan-showed no virus Attaching two files that appeared on my desktop yesterday I don't know what they mean Would gladly post any logs if someone would tell me what logs to provide Thank you for any help

A:Unknown & Undetected Virus now created Authorized User Permissions

*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/506405 <<< CLICK THIS LINK

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/506405/unknown-undetected-virus-now-created-authorized-user-permissions/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a Lenovo W530, loaded, running Windows 10 Pro. Today I opened the Built in Windows system utility, "Computer Management", which allows me to view all aspects of the system, and under users, I noticed a rather strange entry for a user name: tvsu_tmp_ycghaMRMGP. It was listed as an administrator but it was not currently enabled. Was this a hack or was this some remote session I might have had with Lenovo Tech support, in years past? Or was this a dummy account Windows used when Windows 10 Pro was installed over Windows 8.1 Pro? I have been keeping this laptop as my Windows native backup system, and love the power of this workstation class laptop, but these types of incidents bother me with Windows. Anyone else see such strange user entries before? I ran Defender, no incidents recorded.

A:Unknown user id listed inside the computer management console

Hello Richard, and welcome to Ten Forums.

That appears to be an account created by "ThinkVantage System Update" from Lenovo.

ThinkVantage System Update - Lenovo Support (US)

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/58185-unknown-user-id-listed-inside-computer-management-console.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I was diagnosed with the Poweliks virus this past November and, while my computer is functional, I am nearly certain the viruses/malware were not completely removed by my neighborhood computer expert when I brought it to him for service. 

Over the last week I've used many of the popular tools; to name a few: sfc, TDSSKiller, Kapersky VRT, Gmer, Malwarebytes Premium, AVAST, ESET, RogueKiller, Hijack This, and AdwCleaner.  Some found issues and others didn't.  What concerns me most is that ComboFix (sorry, I know you advise laymen not  use it) found eight locked registry keys and there are unknown user accounts.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.  Thank you for your assistance - I really appreciate it!

A:Locked Registry Keys, Unknown User Accounts, Probably More Issues...

Please post all logs you have so far directly into the thread as reply. I can not open attachments on my system.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/566899/locked-registry-keys-unknown-user-accounts-probably-more-issues/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello I am trying to change the permission settings on my user account folder When I clicked properties and then the security tab I discovered that there is an unknown user that has full control over the folder I being paranoid and picky about my computer tried to delete this user from the list in the security tab and after the changes were applied throughout the folder I noticed some desktop shortcuts were deleted and I don't really know what else I could have messed up I tried a system restore but that didn't even touch my user folder The Account name was quot Account unknown lt some long random string gt quot There may be nothing wrong and the paths that the shortcuts followed may have been altered when I made a change to the security settings deleting the shortcuts But I still would like to know where this unknown user came from and what control it potentially had This is a private computer on a private network and contains one and only one user account I'd appreciate any user error bringing on Unknown deletion messages. account clues as to where this mysterious account came from Thanks Brad Edit Hey I mentioned an error message in the title This came up after applying deletion changes throughout the directory It just said that I should undo any changes that I may have made on accident

A:Unknown user account deletion bringing on error messages.

shortcuts havn't been deleted. They are just invisible because you don't have access.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/245054-unknown-user-account-deletion-bringing-error-messages.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Our organization recently moved to requiring the when card smart authenticate user to admin or name password bad Unknown use use Unknown user name or bad password when admin use smart card to authenticate of smart Unknown user name or bad password when admin use smart card to authenticate card authentication when logging into computers nbsp We have set this using group policy and is Unknown user name or bad password when admin use smart card to authenticate enforced on the computer not the user account Along with using PIV cards we have also configured the username hint field so that administrators can put their admin account name in the field in order to run administrative actions on a system The problem we have been seeing regarding our admin users who need to perform admin tasks on a user's system is they get an error message that states quot Logon failure unknown user name or bad password quot This only occurs when at a user's machine who is currently logged into the computer when the admin puts in their smart card do a run as and select their smart card enter their pin and their admin username in the hint field The only work around to this is we have to reboot the computer to login as an admin to complete the admin tasks which is a pain Has anyone ran into a similar problem like this We have been spending countless hours days trying to figure out why this is occurring Microsoft has not been able to figure out the issue either Greatly appreciate for any suggestions for resolving this Thx

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c89d64cc-97f4-483b-834d-76dafc09c979/unknown-user-name-or-bad-password-when-admin-use-smart-card-to-authenticate?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 43.86%

I have networked PCs before many times successfully so this is not my first time trying to network PCs in a home environment Though I m wondering if Windows is part of the problem I would have thought that for sure until one of the name credentials bad password? user with unknown even correct failure: or "Logon new laptops running W would not connect to any of the other three PCs Laptops running W Yet these other three W PCs Laptops CAN connect to this laptop Then it gets a little more "Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password? even with correct credentials interesting this same laptop that couldn t connect to those three W PCs Laptops CAN connect to a Windows desktop and a XP Laptop and those two can also connect back to it without issue It s almost like my network is divided in half and only half can talk to each other But then when I thought it couldn t get any more interesting I realized the first three W PCs Laptops can talk to the others it s just that the others W Laptop W Desktop XP Laptop can t talk back to them without getting the error quot Logon failure unknown user name or bad password even though the username and password are correct I don t fully understand this error because on the surface it s just WRONG My username and password are correct but it appears something somewhere is interfering or hijacking the authentication process Three of the computers laptops are brand new just purchased last week and setup this week The HostPC is also fairly new just purchased last month I am not using a HomeGroup and have removed all computers that were part of a HomeGroup I have enabled file sharing and network discovery and enabled Use user accounts and passwords to connect to other computers on all PCs I have DSL and am using the wireless modem provided by my ISP which has router functionality built into it It is a Sagemcom Model F ST N All computers are connected wirelessly Time is correct on all PCs I cannot use Group Policy since they re all Standard or Home edition DHCP is enabled and all computers are on the same subnet using the x range of ip addresses The six computers are as follows I figured this may make is easier to visualize the layout HostPC HP Desktop W PC Name DrsBlend U N DrsBlend p w not showing my real password PC HP Laptop W PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC HP Laptop W PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC HP Laptop W PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC HP Desktop W SP PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC Dell Laptop XP SP PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W Every PC stated above has the same user name and password and is logged-in with the username DrsBlend and the password The quot Logon failure unknown user name or bad password happens when trying to access HostPC PC or PC from PC PC or PC The HostPC can see and connect to all the PCs but only PC and PC can talk back or access the HostPC It s like the HostPC and PC and PC are in their own little clique and can talk back and forth to each other Those three PCs can also talk to PC PC and PC as well but PC PC and PC cannot talk back to them HostPC PC PC Profile corruption I would have entertained that thought but the fact the first three PCs can access and talk to one another kind of defeats that idea and the fact the PCs were just recently setup Firewall Disabled and disabled TrendMicro with no change With them on off the first three PCs can still talk to each other and the rest of the PCs Anyone have any additional suggestions nbsp

A:"Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password” even with correct credentials

I experienced a similar problem when I was trying to network my 8.1 machine the host network. As you say the host PC can see and connect to all of the machines, but not the other way around. Not sure if it is the same in your situation but I found that Microsoft's idea of network sharing on the Windows 8 class of OS differs greatly from previous OS's in that you can connect to it from an external host, but when trying to do the other way around it doesn't "see" the PC in question due to differing network sharing protocols included in the OS.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong, I am speaking only from what happened with my network.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logon-failure-unknown-user-name-or-bad-password%E2%80%9D-even-with-correct-credentials.201313/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi.

The otherday when I was trying to edit user settings on my 64 bit windows 7 laptop I found that it kept freezing when trying to access the options in the user accounts. This caused me to start looking into the user folder on the C drive where I found an uknown user wangzhisong. upon searching the net I ended up at your forums and coming to the conclusion that I have some malware on my machine.

I am running AVG as my standard anti-virus/protection software but also installed Malwarebytes Anti-Malware last night to try and detect and fix the problem (It does not seemed to have worked)

I was hoping you could help verify that this is the case and if so help remove the threat.

All the best

David

A:Found a unknown user on laptop - wangzhisong - suspect as a result of malware

You said you installed MBAM but doesn't seem to work. Did you complete a scan using it? If so, please post the results
of that scan.

wangzhisong....seems to be related to  Mobogenie software for use with an Android device.
Use CCleaner to remove Temporary files, program caches, cookies, logs, etc. Use the Default settings. No need to use the
Registry Cleaning Tool...risky. Pay close attention while installing and UNcheck offers of toolbars.
You may see a Google Tool Bar being offered.
CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
Click on the Scan button.
AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
After reviewing the log, click on the Clean button.
Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.
Download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
The tool will open and start scanning your system.
Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.

Hold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
Click the button.
For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
Double click on the icon on your desktop.
Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."
Click the Start button.
Accept any security warnings from your browser.
Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
Click Advanced settings and select the following:
Scan potentially unwanted applications
Scan for potentially unsafe applications
Enable Anti-Stealth technology
ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
When the scan completes, click List Threats
Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
Click the Back button.
Click the Finish button.
NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/558930/found-a-unknown-user-on-laptop-wangzhisong-suspect-as-a-result-of-malware/
Relevancy 43.43%

I am attaching the DDS txt log immediately below and below that the Highjackthis log file My problem is that on my Win bit machine I am unable User Unknown we to my allowing (copy/paste/save to control folders) files not to write to certain folders as the error message says - quot You need permission to perform this action quot when trying to COPY a file and I m getting this error message - quot You don t have permissions to save in this folder quot at time as well I have accounts Mine admin and other for my Unknown User not allowing we to control (copy/paste/save to folders) my files sons When right clicking on a folder that I am Unknown User not allowing we to control (copy/paste/save to folders) my files having trouble writing copying to and selecting Properties gt Security gt Edit I see under the quot Groups or user names quot there are icons with questions marks next to them named quot Unknown User not allowing we to control (copy/paste/save to folders) my files Account Unknown S- - - - - - I am guessing that this seems a little odd to have unknown users in there coinciding with my current issue Please help me to fix this DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Run by Chris at on Sun Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated DAC -C - B -BB - DA SP Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated ABEC DA -E C- F - B -AA E D BDD SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSSC Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware MsMpEng exeC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows SYSTEM WISPTIS EXEC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXEC Windows system AEADISRV EXEC Program Files x Amazon Amazon Games amp Software Downloader AmazonGSDownloaderService exeC Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files x Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btwdins exeC Program Files x Hewlett-Packard TouchSmart Calendar Service GCalService exec Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Touch Screen Enhance Service HPTSEnSrv EXEC Program Files x LogMeIn x LMIGuardianSvc exeC Program Files x LogMeIn x RaMaint exeC Program Files x LogMeIn x LogMeIn exeC Program Files x Motorola MotoHelper MotoHelperService exeC Program Files x Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exeC Program Files x Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exeC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonationC Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware NisSrv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows system WUDFHost exec Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Health Check hphc service exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exeC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Windows system SearchProtocolHost exeC Windows system taskhost exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files x Motorola MotoHelper MotoHelperAgent exeC Windows SYSTEM WISPTIS EXEC Program Files Common Files microsoft shared ink TabTip exeC Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink TabTip exeC Program Files x Hewlett-Packard TouchSmart Calendar Service HPTouchSmartSyncCalReminderApp exeC Program Files x Analog Devices SoundMAX SoundMAX exeC Windows System igfxpers exeC Program Files x LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exeC Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exeC Windows system igfxsrvc exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Fi... Read more

A:Unknown User not allowing we to control (copy/paste/save to folders) my files

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review your topic an do their best to resolve your issues.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER logElle

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/394866/unknown-user-not-allowing-we-to-control-copypastesave-to-folders-my-files/
Relevancy 43%

Dear Sir Madam I guess that my Windows Vista computer has been caught by some malware virus The User Access Control With Command Program Asking Processor Unknown Keeps Control For Windows An Continue Permission User Access To keeps asking for permission to continue with an unknown Windows Command Processor program though I had cancelled the request I have tried to use Malwarebytes Anti-malware and ESET Online Scanner in Windows safe mode as I could not start these programs in normal mode but it is User Access Control Keeps Asking For Permission To Continue With An Unknown Windows Command Processor Program still there after reboot Based on the instruction on your preparation guide the contents of dds txt and attach txt are shown below respectively I would like to request for your help to get rid of it from my computer Please feel free to let me know if you need further information Thank you so much DDS Ver - - - NTFS x Internet Explorer Run by Lenovo at on - - Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system SLsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows System IgrsSvcs exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch User Access Control Keeps Asking For Permission To Continue With An Unknown Windows Command Processor Program exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaantmon exe C Program Files Lenovo AnyComm common IGRS exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Windows System TPHDEXLG exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C User Access Control Keeps Asking For Permission To Continue With An Unknown Windows Command Processor Program Windows vsnp uvc exe C Windows ITECIR x CIRAP exe C Program Files EQI Manager Utility EQI exe C Program Files Motorola SMSERIAL sm hlpr exe C Program Files Lenovo EnergyCut utilty exe C Program Files Lenovo EnergyCut EnergyCut exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Windows System TpShocks exe C Program Files Lenovo ShuttleCenter PCMService exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus VPTray exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Lenovo Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Users Lenovo AppData Local Temp yjjpecpq exe C Windows system consent exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AluSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system conime exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Wi... Read more

A:User Access Control Keeps Asking For Permission To Continue With An Unknown Windows Command Processor Program

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.===Please download ComboFix from any of the links below, and save it to your desktop. For information regarding this download, please visit this web page: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofixLink 1Link 2* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your DesktopIMPORTANT....1. Close any open browsers.2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.3. Do not install any other programs until this if fixed.How to : Disable Anti-virus and Firewall...http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.htmlDouble click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts. When finished, it will produce a report for you. Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt Note:Do not mouse click ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote: If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link --> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.htmlNote: If after running ComboFix you get this error message "Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion." when attempting to run a program all you need to do is restart the computer to reset the registry.===Third party programs if not up to date can be the cause infiltration of an infection.Please run this security check for my review.Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.===Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Search.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Rn].txt (n is a number).Please post the logs for my review.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/477194/user-access-control-keeps-asking-for-permission-to-continue-with-an-unknown-windows-command-processor-program/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi,

I recently checked my network map and came across this:

What could Unknown Be?

This map shows me being connected to Unknown, then to another machine on the network, the gateway and then the internet.

I am not connected directly to the other machine. Why does it say I am?

Me and the other machine on my network say the same thing.

What is happening?

Thomas

A:HELP! Network Map Unknown?

Hello,

The network map is not 100% correct. It looks like you and another PC are connected to a wireless access point which is either on or connected to your router.

I wouldn't worry about it. Windows just cant identify the device.
Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/228532-help-network-map-unknown.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Heya. I have a network card that i cant seem to find any info on. Xp pro doesnt recognize it so its not installing or anything, i dont have any driver disks that came with the computer.
I just have a box with a card i cant find info on.
Is there a utility or something i can plop on there and figure out what card is running?

Relevancy 41.71%

Hello computer on network Unknown so glad I found this forum I am a little freaked out by this and wanted to check with an expert on their opinion as to what could have happened I am actually studying for my CompTIA A Cert and I was going through a manual which talked about setting up a Homegroup so I did as I Unknown computer on network had never done that before but I didn t really share anything Unknown computer on network on it besides music and the printer Anyhow I was in the Network and Sharing Center and I clicked on the Network and saw something connected that shouldn t be at least I think I did I took a some screenshots of what I found After I saw that I went into my router s configuration and found the Web Activity Log under Utilities In the list there was a website that I hadn t ever gone to either The name of the suspicious connection was SHELLY-PC and the website listed had that name in it as well I go to the site and it turns out this Shelly is a support tech of some sort and based on the area code of the phone number lives in Texas I live in Minnesota I am a bit baffled When I right clicked on the SHELLY-PC there wasn t an IP address available though there was a MAC address I ve since denied that MAC address under my router s setup and completely turned off the Homegroup now I thought my system was pretty secure as I use Spybot Avast and have the firewall up and my network is secured by WPA All Windows updates are installed as well I m going to change my SSID and password now but I am wondering what this could be and how it could have happened if anyone has any ideas I no longer see that SHELLY-PC thing listed now at least When it was happening it would be listed and then gone for a bit and then back for a few minutes I m also curious about why the icon for SHELLY-PC looks the way it does with that antenna on the top of the icon as if it was connected wirelessly somehow I m trying to figure out if it was someone in my apartment building or if Shelly was accessing my system from Texas Hopefully the attached pictures work Unfortunately I didn t get a screenshot of the Web Activity Log and it was too late by the time I thought of it I appreciate any help Thank you Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC CG Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Unknown computer on network

do you have your wireless network passworded( encrypted)
that is all you need to do to stop unwanted users logging on or using your network

Even if you don't use wireless yourself and only use a wired connection, it is essential to secure the wireless connection. If you don't ever use wireless & are unlikely to, then turn off the wireless from the router settings

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unknown-computer-on-network.1096460/
Relevancy 41.71%

Since i got sky broadband it's always been running super slow, the amount of times i have called them is ridiculous.
So i have just been looking around on the sky address to see if i can fix it and in my Attached devices i have, the pc, an ipod touch and an unknown device. I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the slow speeds and maybe it's somehow 'stealing' my broadband.
I've read a previous post of the same type but that wasnt for sky.
i ran the ipconfig/all into CMD so if you think you might be able to help ill show the results.
Thanks, Dan

A:Unknown device in my Network: please help!!

Hi and welcome to TSG.

Are you using encryption on your wireless access point? If not, you should be, preferably WPA.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unknown-device-in-my-network-please-help.975684/
Relevancy 41.71%

Just noticed an unknown pc on my network.

How/Why did this pc show up when all the computers in my home are connected via cables to the router. Although the router is wireless, the wireless feature has been disabled.

A:Unknown PC connected to my Network

That would depend. First step is to give us more data about the network. How about telling us EXACTLY what is connected, including the version and patch level of Windows on each machine. Also, any other network devices that may be connected. Finally, a screen shot of the status showing the connections to the router and identify which one you're thinking is bogus.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to TSG, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unknown-pc-connected-to-my-network.701159/
Relevancy 41.71%

Curious. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the HomeGroup feature in Win 7. When I select the option to view "Network Computers and Devices," I notice an unknown router? How/ why would a router that isn't part of my homegroup be listed as a device on the group?

Please help and advise!

M8

A:Unknown Network Device

Hello and welcome to Bleepingcomputer.

You did not specify if this computer is a desktop or laptop computer.

If you could also post the make and model number of this computer that would also be helpful.

How are you connecting to the Internet? Are you using an Ethernet cable, or wireless?

If you have a laptop, there is a chance someone connected to the Internet by connecting through a wireless router and those settings were saved to the home group.

Once you post back the information I requested, it will be a little easier to answer your questions.

Thanks in advance.

Bruce.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/346570/unknown-network-device/
Relevancy 41.71%

In Windows Explorer, at the bottom of the left column, I just noticed today new computers in my network with some computers I don't know and didn't add. One of them has a password on it, and one of them I can just look at files on some guy's PC, and I'm worried that they could do the same to me. How did they get there, how do I get rid of them, and how can I prevent it from happening again?

A:Unknown new network connections

Sounds like someone is borrowing your unsecured wireless connection. If you are using a wireless router then you need to enable the security, WPA-2 is best, and also create a wireless access password which is standard procedure when ever you set up a wireless network. You will need to access your routers set up page for this.

Also when you set up your wireless connection in Windows 7 "assuming you are using wireless" you will have options to enable WPA-2 which you need to do, and also type in the wireless password. It's easy to figure out.

If you keep having problems you can also set your SSID "wireless network name" to not broadcast.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/111960-unknown-new-network-connections.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Help! I have two computers hooked up to a wireless router right now. One is a desktop pc with Windows Vista installed hooked up directly to the router and the other is a laptop with Windows XP hooked up with a wireless connection. A few days ago everything started running really slow. I just checked the Network folder and there is another system there named "CATDEN". When I try to click on this, it brings up a window asking for my user name and password.

I don't know what else to post but am willing to post whatever I need to in order to resolve this. How do I get this other computer off of my network?

A:Unknown Computer on Network

You could have a neighbor sharing your wireless connection and they may not even know it. Do you have any encryption (WEP or preferably WPA) enabled on the wireless portion of your router?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unknown-computer-on-network.723851/
Relevancy 41.71%

My son has a problem on his PC where everytime he starts up his computer or reboots he can't connect to the internet and the little network icon in the corner of the screen has a yellow warning sign. If you disable the network adapter and then re-enable it then the problem goes away. Is there anyway to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

A:Unknown network after every reboot

Check for driver updates from the manufacturer.

It sounds like its having a problem communicating with the dhcp server.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/277341-unknown-network-after-every-reboot.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi,

For the last couple of weeks I've been having major issues w/my internet. Whenever I try to download something, no matter how small the file is I keep getting this "Unknown Network Error" I have tried the things I've seen online. Tried clearing cookies & site data, Locally stored data etc. I have even changed my router AND modem twice already. I am at my wits end and don't know what to do anymore, any suggestions and help would be much appreciated. Thank you in advanced.

I'm running:

Windows 10 Pro(all updated) 64-bit
Core i7 363-0QM CPU @ 2.4GHz
16GB RAM

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/46699-unknown-network-error.html