Windows Support Forum

DNS change failed

Q: DNS change failed

Please somebody help me asap I tried to change the public Dns to google's one but failed to do so now I cant reverse it I clicked auto obtain IP and Dns but still cant connect to my router, I beg you somebody help me.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: DNS change failed

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: DNS change failed

I'm far from an expert on anything internet, but I had a similar experience when Verizon changed servers on me, and my router failed to track it.

I called Verizon tech support and they reconfigured the router for me while I was on the phone.

You can also try opening a command box and type, "ipconfig/release", wait a few moments and type, "ipconfig/renew" (obviously without the quotes). That will only work if the issue is with the computer, but not the router.

Don't despair though. Someone who actually knows what they're talking about could be along any minute...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-change-failed.207375/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey, I just got an old CPU from a friend, its a Intel 4 Pentioum 541 3.2 ghz, to replace my 1.8 ghz, dont remember model. Anyway, my motherboard is the Asus p5v vm dh, an old one. So I opened the case, removed the 4 pin cable of the motherboard as it was annoying, then removed the cooler, after that the pcu, btw my motherboard has a 775 socket. So I take out the old cpu, put in the new one, apply some of that special glue, put the cooler, connect it, connect the 4 pin motherboard thingy again, and boot,

but nothing happens, the pc start, the fans and pcu cooler work, but there' no starting ''bip'' , and the scfreen is just black, I dont know what to do please help me!

I put the old cpu back, same thing,

I'm desperate, please help me!

A:CPU change Failed? Help!

Are you sure you have Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit on that computer? Because that's what it says in your specs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-change-failed-help.1056656/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi everyone,

I'd like to ask for an advise here with setting up permissions on C:\ via GPO.

I'm trying to put "Authenticated users" back, guy who managed it previously did remove them (or was forced to, i don't know much of the history).

Here are some facts i'm dealing with:

in rsop.msc i can see that the permission change on C wasn't applied due to "There is not enough memory available to load the database." error.

The permissions are updated on subfolders after gpupdate, but it's just not getting to the root no matter what i do.

I've checked and know for sure there are no conflicts, no other policy is touching the File System

I haven't found anything helpful in Event Viewer or any of the logs i enabled.

Any advise is highly appreciated.

Thanks, GZ23

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c8c50329-f274-4f79-996c-8bf413258184/failed-to-change-permissions-on-system-drive-via-gpo?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi friends I have Vista Home Basic bit on my laptop Currently I am using the Admin account When I try to install ArcGIS in my laptop it shows some errors I change Licensing to Failed FLEXlm Server am struggling Failed to change FLEXlm Licensing Server to install it When I try to configure services it shows that quot Failed to change FLEXlm License Server You need to be an Administrator Failed to change FLEXlm Licensing Server to perform this function quot When I perform the server status enquiry it shows that lmgrd is not running Cannot connect to license server The server lmgrd has not been started yet or the wrong port host or license file is being used or the port or hostname in the license file has been changed Server name INDHUSREE-PC License path INDHUSREE-PC FLEXlm error - System Error quot WinSock Connection refused quot Can anyone suggest a solution When I checked the System Configuration of my laptop i found only FLEXnet Licensing Services And it is stopped also Is it a reason for the problem I am totally ignorant of this FLEXlm and FLEXnet faithfully Indushree

A:Failed to change FLEXlm Licensing Server

Is it possible the license manager doesn't work on Vista Basic? Read below:

Windows Vista:
The Microsoft Windows Vista operating system extends the Windows platform with some additional functionality. However, this operating system also poses some challenges for applications running on Vista, as some functionality and behavior from Windows XP has changed. Supported Windows Vista editions are Enterprise, Business, Home Premium, and Ultimate.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/248790-failed-change-flexlm-licensing-server.html
Relevancy 44.72%

For some strange reason this happens when I log on.I get a BLACK SCREEN with white print saying "Windows failed to start, a recent software change may be the cause"I haven't changed anything though?I also get 1: Insert your Windows installation disc-restart 2:Choose your languagesettings Click NextA further back page with white print: Status 0XC000000f The boot selection failed because a required device is in acessableChoose between Start Up Repair or Launch Start up RepairThis computer is only 8 months old and I would be really grateful if you could advice me? Sometimes the computer gets online like now through a mix of good luck really!Kind RegardsPete J Watson

A:Windows Failed To Start. A Recent Software Change Might Be The Cause

hi,,, here you go,,, try this link from the tutorials of this site,,,http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/repair-windows-with-windows-startup-repair/good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/172571/windows-failed-to-start-a-recent-software-change-might-be-the-cause/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi There I'm getting the errors below and but I have not got any BSOD The errors I'm getting in nbsp eventviewer are Pku ulog failed to start xC-- Negolog failed to start IDListenLog failed to start P PLog failed to start and HomegroupLog failed to start all with the same failure code xC-- This is what the logs files says about each error Pku ulog Unknown GUID c a fb- a -d - -dc e a No Format Information found p plog Unknown GUID fc d ca -e c - c-be -e e a bbf No Format Information found negolog Unknown GUID f- f start, failed to Negolog and all P2PLog to Errors failed start, 0xC-- Pku2ulog HomegroupLog 0xC--35, failure to 35. start, to with failed start code IDListenLog the failed same start to failed a- -ddb - ab ad d No Format Information found idlistenlog Unknown GUID a f-b - - aa- ef No Format Information found homegrouplog Errors Pku2ulog failed to start 0xC--35, Negolog failed to start, IDListenLog failed to start, P2PLog failed to start and HomegroupLog failed to start, all with the same failure code 0xC-- 35. Unknown GUID f a a- - ede-ff b-dd dafeed No Format Information found However the 'Unknown xx ' number changes times to times Could you help me please Thank you very much for your attention Best Regards

A:Errors Pku2ulog failed to start 0xC--35, Negolog failed to start, IDListenLog failed to start, P2PLog failed to start and HomegroupLog failed to start, all with the same failure code 0xC-- 35.

Hi,
If you have Home group set up, please go to Control Panel ? Network and Sharing Center. Choose homegroup and sharing options and click ?Leave the homegroup?.Juke Chou
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/15c580c0-cbfd-48aa-b058-2de145336920/errors-pku2ulog-failed-to-start-0xc35-negolog-failed-to-start-idlistenlog-failed-to-start?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 44.29%

After a power failure my windows 7 system will not boot....tried startup repair 3 times also from the dvd. all safemodes will not boot, when the windows animation starts the cpu restarts. also system restore to an earlier time fails. Any ideas?

A:Windows 7 64 failed to start a recent hardware or software change

Hello and welcome jbarrio mate am just wondering if you has surge protection on when that power went out? If you did well what exactly can you boot into?

If you have access to another machine maybe make a bootable Ubuntu disk set the BIOS to boot from the optical drive and see if it will boot the Ubuntu if it doesn't do that seems like there maybe is a hardware problem of some sort.

Thank you | Ubuntu < download and burn to a CD and when / if it does boot choose just the run NOT install - there are two options. Once in there you can go about checking drives out and access the net via the Firefox etc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/273139-windows-7-64-failed-start-recent-hardware-software-change.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi all I have a HP netbook running Windows starter For the last few days when I switch my netbook on it sticks at the HP screen for around mins the screen then goes black and then I get the following message Windows Failed To Start A Recent Hardware Or Software Change Might Be The Cause It then goes on to attempt a startup repair I can then get onto windows and everything seems fine until next time I switch the netbook on I have tried a system restore which did not seem to make much difference I decided in my desperation Recent The To Might Windows Or Cause Software Change Start. Be Hardware Failed A to try a restore factory settings but when it came to backing up my files it was not showing my external drive Windows Failed To Start. A Recent Hardware Or Software Change Might Be The Cause as an option so I decided to not do this yet If Windows Failed To Start. A Recent Hardware Or Software Change Might Be The Cause anyone can point me in the right direction I would be grateful I do not think that it came with any restoration disc with it being a netbook I am not sure what else to try

A:Windows Failed To Start. A Recent Hardware Or Software Change Might Be The Cause

Hi and welcome to TSF do you see hp recovery manager or similar on the netbook this may allow you to make a recovery disc using a usb dvd drive,have you tried running sfc/scannow or chkdsk

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-failed-to-start-a-recent-hardware-or-software-change-might-be-the-cause-501834.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello I am having the same issue as a lot of people on this forum but I followed the instructions as best I could hardware to failed change be cause start: windows the a might [vista] recent I am not computer savvy and I still havent fixed the problem I am running Windows Vista on a Toshiba Satellite L D - S system unit If someone could tell me how to check my other specs like RAM or any other relevant information then I can provide that if its useful So I have windows [vista] failed to start: a recent hardware change might be the cause had this issue quite a lot where on starting up my computer the error message says Windows fails to start and gives the options to launch system repair or start normally and usually it fixes the problem itself But I havent used my computer in a few months and now that i have turned it back on neither options work and I cannot run in safe mode either Also I cannot do a system restore I went into the command prompt and typed rstrui exe OFFLINE C Windows and it said the request could not be performed because of an I O device error I then ran chkdsk C f and it said this type of the file system is NTFS volume label is SQ V then it verified files and when it was complete large file records were processed with bad file records processed EA and reparse then it verified indexes and while in the middle of doing this it said an unspecified error occurred Can someone please help me I really do not want to reinstall windows as my files are not completely backed up and I do not have a recovery disk for Vista THANKS nbsp

A:windows [vista] failed to start: a recent hardware change might be the cause

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-failed-to-start-a-recent-hardware-change-might-be-the-cause.1048118/
Relevancy 44.29%

I've been having this problem for has Windows failed start.A change..my to recent netbook?? hardware days on my Acer aspire netbook one night i Windows has failed to start.A recent hardware change..my netbook?? turned off my netbook and then i turned it on the next morning and now everytime i turn it on i get this black screen that says Windows has failed to start a recent hardware or software change might be the cause To fix the problem Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer Choose your language settings and then Windows has failed to start.A recent hardware change..my netbook?? click quot Next quot Click repair your computer File Windows system winload exe Status xc f Info The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt I don't have an installation disc and my netbook does not have a disc slot I cannot even go into safe mode and everytime i click repair it brings me back to the black screen Can someone please help i wanna use my netbook again this is really frustrating i have the option of reinstalling windows Windows has failed to start.A recent hardware change..my netbook?? but that would delete everything

A:Windows has failed to start.A recent hardware change..my netbook??

Quote: Originally Posted by meh1992

I've been having this problem for 2 days on my Acer aspire 1 netbook, one night i turned off my netbook and then i turned it on the next morning and now everytime i turn it on i get this black screen that says:

Windows has failed to start a recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem.
1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2.Choose your language settings and then click "Next."
3.Click repair your computer
File: \Windows\system32\winload.exe
Info:The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt.

I don't have an installation disc and my netbook does not have a disc slot
I cannot even go into safe mode, and everytime i click repair it brings me back to the black screen!

Can someone please help i wanna use my netbook again this is really frustrating

i have the option of reinstalling windows but that would delete everything

You need to make an Ubuntu live usb to boot up into to back up all of your data and then you will have to reinstall. First you are going to have to download the Ubuntu installation image onto another computer: Desktop | Ubuntu

Then, follow this tutorial on how to create the usb: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/In.../FromUSBStick/

After that, you will need to reboot your system and set it to boot from the usb flash drive. Don't presss anything until Ubuntu loads up to the screen where you can select install Ubuntu or try Ubuntu. Click on try Ubuntu. When the deskop loads, double click on your hard drive on the desktop. Then, open up the Users folder. Once that is open, right click on your user folder and select copy. Then, paste your user folder onto an external hard drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/239146-windows-has-failed-start-recent-hardware-change-my-netbook.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Last night I went to bed and my computer was running I woke up this morning and I had an error quot Windows failed start. recent failed change to might A ha hardware or Windows software to start A recent hardware or software change might have caused the issue after you install Windows Updates quot I imagine my computer auto updated in my sleep and the update broke my computer Anyways I am given options Launch Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might ha Startup Repair I select this option the screen says quot Windows is loading files quot The bar at the bottom fills twice The screen immediately goes into the windows screen but the logo does not appear only a small loading bar After like second I am immediately taken to the screen where I would select my profile however there are no profiles or buttons Just the blue background and the resolution appears to be slightly different than what I would expect it to be Also my cursor Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might ha is there Start Windows Normally The quot starting windows quot screen appears and the windows logo shows up and does its animation After about seconds I get a BSOD for like a split second and the computer reboots -------------------------------- Other things I have tried involving Advanced Boot Options Repair Your Computer Exact same results as Launch Startup Repair Safe Mode The quot Loading Windows Files quot process begins After about seconds it stops at quot Loaded Windows system drivers CLASSPNP SYS quot It sits on this line for about seconds My computer then BSODs and then immediately reboots after about half a second Last Known Good Configuration The quot Starting Windows quot screen appears It gets about seconds into the animation and then BSOD and immediately restarts --------------------------------- The BSOD lasts less than a second in every scenario that it appears and it is hard for me to draw any information from it I am now out of options The only thing I can think of doing next is pulling out the RAM and if that doesn't fix it than I guess I am screwed unless you guys can help me My computer runs on Windows Home Premium

A:Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might ha

Please fill out your systems specs completely. That information helps us help you. See the link below for a tutorial on how to get your system specs and post them.

System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/378922-windows-failed-start-recent-hardware-software-change-might-ha.html
Relevancy 44.29%

hi everyone i am facing the below issue and want immediate solution my laptop details dell studio when i am formating my laptop windows the software failed be a to hardware to recent change cause. start. might or with windows usb drive it completed and after that i am geeting the below error windows boot manager windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause to fix problem insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer choose your language settings and then click quot next quot click quot repair your computer quot if you do not have this disc contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance status xc f info A required device is not connected or can not be accessed Enter Os selection when i click on enter it go to another window where it shows us to windows failed to start. a recent hardware or software change might be the cause. to press F but when i m pressing f windows failed to start. a recent hardware or software change might be the cause. to it goes to same error window when i restarted it start with dell logo i press F F F all three i have press to open bios setting but nothing works it will go to same window so now i a windows failed to start. a recent hardware or software change might be the cause. to not able to get into windows bios setup i tried to format it again as my dvd writer does not work so i tried with usb when i restarted my laptop it does not load the files and agin redirect to the same error window so i have tried all these things to solve the problem but nothing works please help me to solve the problem Thanks in advance

A:windows failed to start. a recent hardware or software change might be the cause. to

Hi and welcome to TSF please see this Microsoft Store Online

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-failed-to-start-a-recent-hardware-or-software-change-might-be-the-cause-to-687544.html
Relevancy 44.29%

hi everyone i am facing the might the cause. A be recent start. to software or to change failed windows hardware below issue and want immediate solution my laptop details dell studio when i am formating my laptop with windows usb drive it completed and after that i am geeting the below error windows boot manager windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause to fix problem insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer choose your language settings and then click quot next windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. to quot click quot repair your computer quot if you do not have this disc contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance status xc f info A required device is not connected or can not be accessed Enter Os selection when i click on enter it go to another window where it shows us to press F but when i m pressing f it goes to same error window when i restarted it start with dell logo i press F F F all three i have press to open bios setting but nothing works it will go to same window so now i a not able to get into windows bios setup i tried to format it again as my dvd writer does not work so i tried with usb when i restarted my laptop it does not load the files and agin redirect to the same error window so i have tried all these things to solve the problem but nothing works please help me to solve the problem Thanks in advance nbsp

A:windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. to

Seems like if the disc is not working all the way, it may be an error on your cd/dvd disc. However, you could have an issue with the drive. To find out if the drive is an issue, go into the bios and make sure you can see your HDD. If you can, then the problem is likely with the disc/ cd rom. Try using an external cd/dvd rom to install / format your device.

I hope this helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-failed-to-start-a-recent-hardware-or-software-change-might-be-the-cause-to.1090463/
Relevancy 44.29%

hello to all windows failed recent software to hardware might be change start.a or who read this first of all this problom was from a stupidently dum thing ive done i downloaded a gigabyte virus lol on utorrent and then my pc froze after the download was completed i restarted it after and it went into system recovery then i clicked next and next and whatever so windows failed to start.a recent hardware or software change might be i had an option to restore it back to factory condition and it would delete all my downloaded files so i said ok because there wasn't anything really important of mine windows failed to start.a recent hardware or software change might be i wanted anyways so after i did it went fine untill i went to shut it down for updates then it went back to system recovery every time i recovered it i had only the one option to restore it back to factory condition so ive tried a stupid thing and formatted it and i did so now every time i turn the laptop on this message appears in a black background windows failed to start a recent hardware or software change might be the cause to fix the problem insert windows installation disc and restart your computer choose your language settings and click NEXT click REPAIR YOUR COMPUTER if you do not have this contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance FILE BOOT BCD STATUS X info an error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- if anyone can help me i would really appreciate it i have as well made a bootable recovery disk as well if it helps thanks

A:windows failed to start.a recent hardware or software change might be

Information
We always assume you have made your Recovery Disks using the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Media Creator app the first day you had your new PC.
& made the Startup Repair CD.
startup repair disc-create

Did you make the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disks?

Information
Boot up using the Startup Repair CD or Windows 7 DVD. (not the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disk) If you have a Netbook, you will need a CD/DVD drive.
NOTE: Make sure no USB drives are plugged in.
Do not use a USB Pendrive for Startup Repair.
startup repair disc-create

Do a Strartup Repair:
Startup Repair
Note: You may need to do startup repair 3 to 4 times.
Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/194879-windows-failed-start-recent-hardware-software-change-might.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a small Acer laptop with windows 7 starter edition on it. (actually its my son's). It suddenly would not boot up saying "the error windows failed to start. a recent hardware or software change might be the cause" i have tried every option and nothing works. i have tried the erecovery management and it just sits and loads. i am not the most computer savy person and cannot really afford to take it in to get it fixed. What can i do to fix this?

thanks for any help

A:windows failed to start. a recent hardware or software change might be the cause

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-failed-to-start-a-recent-hardware-or-software-change-might-be-the-cause.957021/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi i got dell laptop 32 bit..i recently experience this problem..after 10 min i open my computer..the internet connection will cutoff, startup themes will change to white, and i can only switch into the browser or program that i currently load..after few minutes that program will become not responding..im havin this problem ever since i uninstall my bitdefender..i dun know what to do..ive tried system restore, malware removal but so far no result..so that why im asking for HELP!!!

A:windows 7 freezes, startup themes change, internet connection failed

did you run chkdsk / r from CMD and also uninstall your wireless adapter from device manager then restart your computer. Also after all this check your malware on the computer maybe you have some viruse do all this on safe mode please.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-7-freezes-startup-themes-change-internet-connection-failed-552112.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I have a Lenovo Desktop which have Windows 7 Professional on it running for 2 years.

Suddenly, it fails to boot into Windows and show below error messages:

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause.

If I click "Start Windows normally", it just hang and reboot itself and continue this infinite loop.

I searched and tried below methods but none of them help. Please see if there are any other ideas. Thanks.

- Run automatic repair tool
- Run chkdsk tool
- Run sfc /scannow
- Follow instructions in Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery
- Reinstall Windows 7 Professional

A:Error: Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change

Hello Faith now as you have done those tests and reinstalled it really points the finger at some new hardware or perhaps something going wrong with the original hardware and I am thinking of the hard drive for example it is going south then it might well cause the problems you describe.

So have you renewed the drive or added any external drives or mice or suchlike recently or say within a month? I am leaning more to the drive failing to be honest and if you can get it to run then use this
SeaTools for Windows | Seagate
Now if you cannot get the machine to power up to do that have you got access to another machine? because you can use a USB to SATA adaptor to hook it up to another computer and run that test making sure you have the target drive (your Lenovo one) marked down for testing. See my pic of the adaptor.

Now another thing I have to ask is really obvious I suppose but has the machine been dropped, spilt on, had something dropped on it or exposed to extreme temperatures recently? ie left in hot car?

I am just trying to cover all bases here so bear with me.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/360097-error-windows-failed-start-recent-hardware-software-change.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello everyone So I m kind of in a very frustrating situation right now This past week has been absolutely stressful in terms of trying to troubleshoot this problem I ve been having with my custom rig About two months ago my power supply died and in result + install) PS Start Failed to MOBO Windows & change missing after (clean files shorted out and burned one of the chips on the motherboard Now I got both parts replaced and all is fine Everything functions turns on and is Windows Failed to Start & missing files after MOBO + PS change (clean install) running smoothly except for the fact that out of attempts of booting up my PC it will fail to start and begin quot Loading System Files quot the black screen with the white rectangular load bar underneath and ask to continue normally or run startup recovery safemode etc I have of course tried to Windows Failed to Start & missing files after MOBO + PS change (clean install) use start-up recovery and windows repair from the disc haven t used the command prompt though - not very knowledgeable on that but it fails and continues to produce the same error message Additionally every once in awhile the computer will boot up and let me in The error message isn t consistent This is where I got lost and am just absolutely confused as I ve never encountered a problem like this before Furthermore aside from the additional windows failed to start due to a recent hardware or software change message there are times when it will say certain files or drives are missing winload system files or even the checksum has an error It s all very mind boggling to me and I m honestly just out of options and have no idea where to go from here Mind you I do know that when changing or replacing any aspect of a Motherboard a clean install of Windows is required and I have tried - multiple times Sometimes I will get through a full clean install and a couple restarts later the same problem happens On the other hand I may get the error message when the machine is restarting during the actual installation I have tried installing on a completely new Hard Drive replacing the CMOS Battery etc - but none of this has worked yet Interestingly enough the problem only seems to happen with Windows I tried Windows Vista and everything seemed to function properly - for whatever that is worth When I get home from work later in the evening I will try with Windows XP and see what result that produces On a side note I originally thought the problem was being caused from a faulty installation CD as I burned the iso image to a blank DVD and booted from there Though I have made multiple copies of the CD and even booted from a friends Windows Ultimate USB but the same problem is still occurring I would greatly appreciate any help you guys may be able to offer me This experience has been exhausting to to say the least Computer Specs RAM OCZ Reaper Edition GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Low Voltage Desktop Memory Model OCZ RPR C LV GK HD Western Digital Caviar Black WD AALS GB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive MOBO EVGA X FTW -GT-E -KR LGA SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard Case Antec Twelve Hundred Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case Graphics Card EVGA -P - -AR GeForce GTX Fermi MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card Processor Intel Core i - Gulftown GHz LGA W Six-Core Desktop Processor BX I PSU CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU- TX W ATX V v EPS V v SLI Certified CrossFire Ready PLUS Certified Active Let me know if you need any additional information I d be glad to help Regards Cory nbsp

A:Windows Failed to Start & missing files after MOBO + PS change (clean install)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-failed-to-start-missing-files-after-mobo-ps-change-clean-install.1042359/
Relevancy 43.43%

recently i have installed windows 7 and getting this message whenever im booting

Windows Failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cuase

File: \$LDR$
Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt.

I have tried to repair with my windows 7 CD but no success. Can some one help me?
P.S - could this error be something with language pack? because i installed and using korean language pack although i often get broken korean letters.

A:Boot error Windows Failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the

Anyone please HELP!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/boot-error-windows-failed-to-start-a-recent-hardware-or-software-change-might-be-the-567690.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Win 7-64 on Gateway FX6860 i7 system 8gm ram tons of HD space.
========================
Got "Page Failed to Load" error attempting to change my Win7-64bit display resolution.
This used to work, but no more ( don't know what might have caused it)

I ran "sfc /scannow". SFC reported that there were corrupted files that could not be repaired or replaced and to look at CBS.log. I did but can make no sense out of it.

Please find that file attached -- Any help will be appreciated.....

thank you,
Chuck

A:"Page Failed to Load" error attempting to change my Win7-64bit display

Run the system file check again. Sometimes it requires multiple runs. Reboot after each run (or before the first run if you have not rebooted since the last time you ran the check).Run SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker up to three times to fix all errors with a restart in between each. Post back if it continues to show errors after a fourth run or if the first run comes back with no integrity violations. Use OPTION THREE of SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker to provide us with the sfcdetails.txt file if errors occur.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/227054-page-failed-load-error-attempting-change-my-win7-64bit-display.html
Relevancy 39.99%

There is a These in settings. should Failed registry! change to proxy settings never internet software Failed to change internet proxy settings. These settings should never in registry! which often changes the proxy settings so I decided to config the internet settings registry right to reject the proxy settings But When I decided to delete this software and return the rights back I suddenly found that I can not change the proxy settings manually The detail is that I change the auto proxy url to let my pc use a pac file and I don't want any softwares to change However when I decided to give the rights back and try to change the url back it never success and even the same when i'm sure I have cleared this url in the whole registry but it back as it never changes I check the registry rights twice or more to make sure that the rights has given back just like it originally should be But it never works So the result is I have to clear and reinstall the WINDOWS AGAIN Never should you save such information both in registry and somewhere I don't know Or you should let these stuffs out of the registry

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7d3d441e-3bce-413f-96a0-160f279da2f6/failed-to-change-internet-proxy-settings-these-settings-should-never-in-registry?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi,
I enabled FTP file sharing on my android phone using ES file explorer.
Now in windows explorer, I can access the phone files on 1st attempt; but after that whenever I'm trying I'm getting "550 Failed to change directory." error. But if I restart FTP on my phone, then again it starts to work for only 1st attempt.
This is not happening if I try to access by Total Commander on my windows. TC is not showing any error if I open TC after few hours of starting FTP on phone.

I'm using Windows 8.1 update 1 on my laptop.

Any fix?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/73712-getting-error-550-failed-change-directory-ftp.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi,
I enabled FTP file sharing on my android phone using ES file explorer.
Now in windows explorer, I can access the phone files on 1st attempt; but after that whenever I'm trying I'm getting "550 Failed to change directory." error. But if I restart FTP on my phone, then again it starts to work for only 1st attempt.
This is not happening if I try to access by Total Commander on my windows. TC is not showing any error if I open TC after few hours of starting FTP on phone.

I'm using Windows 8.1 update 1 on my laptop.

Any fix?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/73712-getting-error-550-failed-change-directory-ftp.html
Relevancy 35.69%

anybody have any ideas?
have tried sfc /scannow
also the steps in this Windows Update Error 80246008 in Windows 7 - Fix
but to no avail, i still receive the error message

i have also used take ownership on the downloader file in programdata/microsoft/network
and was able to start bits service once i then re enabled windows update. it hung for awhile so i restarted and got the same error for bits, tried take ownership again, but still get the same error
screenshot included

A:Windows Updates Failed BITS failed to start error code 2147024894

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data
If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for a number of reasons)

Also...

Open Event Viewer
click on the Windows logs entry in the left pane to expand it.
Now click on the Application entry - wait while it loads.
Click on 'File' in the menu bar and select Save...
Save the file as Appevt.evtx
Repeat for the System log
then zip both, and upload them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/334252-windows-updates-failed-bits-failed-start-error-code-2147024894-a.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I am deploying my Windows RT 8.1 application and I get the following message;

Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF3, Package failed updates,

dependency or conflict validation.
Windows cannot install package  because this package depends on another package that could not be found. This package requires minimum version 12.0.21005.1 of framework Microsoft.VCLibs.120.00 published by any publisher to install.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v8.1\ExtensionSDKs\Microsoft.VCLibs\12.0

I was able to deploy my application before OK. I do not know why it is going wrong now, how do I fix this?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/188cf10b-2b49-4695-ba0c-2fcc46977972/addappxpackage-deployment-failed-with-hresult-0x80073cf3-package-failed-updates?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi Thanks for running this taken: failed : Action Clean : - Access failed denied Symantec Quarantine great service I get the following msg from Symantec AV Corporate Edition Program Scan engine Scan type Realtime Protection Scan Event Virus Found Virus name Infostealer Symantec - Action taken: Clean failed : Quarantine failed : Access denied Wowcraft File C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS buymnell dll Location C Program Symantec - Action taken: Clean failed : Quarantine failed : Access denied Files Common Files AOL ACS Computer JAI User J A I Action taken Clean failed Quarantine failed Access denied Date found Mon Apr System Config XP SP Here goes the Hijackthis extract Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe c program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MICROSOFTSMLBIZ Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files McAfee com VSO oasclnt exe C PROGRA McAfee SPAMKI MskAgent exe C Program Files McAfee com VSO mcvsshld exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfTray exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus vptray exe C WINDOWS system RunDLL exe C Program Files Google Google Talk googletalk exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN ymsgr tray exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsftsn exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfAgent exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Skype Plugin Manager SkypePM exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe c program files mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe c program files mcafee com shared mghtml exe C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus VPC EXE C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk-rel amp channel us amp ibd R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk-rel amp channel us amp ibd R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO McAfee AntiPhishing Filter - D ED - CFF- - A - EBB AF - c PROGRA mcafee SPAMKI mcapfbho dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS syst... Read more

A:Symantec - Action taken: Clean failed : Quarantine failed : Access denied

Hi, Welcome to TSG!!

You have two anti-virus programs running, which will cause trouble. Uninstall one of them. Restart the machine and post a new HJT log.

Download this tool to your desktop:
http://www.uploads.ejvindh.net/rootchk.exe
Run the program. After a short time a logfile will turn up. Copy the contents of the log into the thread.

Notice: Some security-programs prevent the creation of dummy drivers with certain names. This may cause false positives. If the log of rootchk contains a lot of hidden drivers, you may want to turn of your security programs while rootchk is scanning (you should then unhook your network connection as well)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/symantec-action-taken-clean-failed-quarantine-failed-access-denied.563079/
Relevancy 35.69%

I installed the latest round of Windows updates for my Win x install and it never completed ran for about hours so I powered off the machine Upon restarting it said Code quot Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause quot and has instructions for 7 failed Startup update failed boot. Windows and won't laptop repair using Windows 7 update failed and laptop won't boot. Startup repair failed system repair then at the bottom File Boot BCD Status Oxc f Info An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data So I booted off a Windows recovery disk and figured Startup Repair would fix it Alas after it says quot Windows found problems with your computer's startup options quot and asks me if I want to repair I click quot repair and restart quot and it says quot Failed to save startup options quot Code The quot repair details quot are Name bootmgr Identifier The following options will be added Name Windows Recovery Environment recovered Path Recovery Winre wim Windows Device Partition D I've tried running Startup Repair from the manual options screen and it says it cannot repair automatically I have two partitions the MB windows System partition which Recovery Console mounts as C and my main windows partition which it mounts as D and I can see all of my files on it Running quot bootrec repairbcd quot gives me quot Total identified Windows Installations quot I'm not sure if there might be something fishy with the way it's detecting my partition table I just have a single drive and a single installation of Win on it When I run diskpart in recovery and do list vol I get Code Volume Ltr Label FS Type Size Status Info Volume C System NTFS Partition MB Healthy Volume D NTFS Partition GB Healthy It seems that it's detecting the MB recovery partition or whatever that is as C I'm not sure if one of these is supposed to be active or how Windows updates would even screw that up but something is weird because it won't detect my windows install This sucks Help

A:Windows 7 update failed and laptop won't boot. Startup repair failed

Have you run bootrec /fixmbr and bootrec /fixboot?
Then, if it doesn't boot, run bootrec /RebuildBcd (from this KB article: How to use the Bootrec.exe tool in the Windows Recovery Environment to troubleshoot and repair startup issues in Windows )

c0000005 is STATUS_NO_SUCH_FILE - which means it can't find File: \Boot\BCD

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/164865-windows-7-update-failed-laptop-wont-boot-startup-repair-failed.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hello Windows has been failing to boot and when I ran a startup repair I got the following Problem signature Problem Event Name StartupRepairOffline Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature unknown Problem Signature Problem Signature AutoFailover Problem Signature Problem Signature BadDriver OS Version Locale ID No new devices have been added to this computer recently Problem first started with extremely long boot time into Windows FRST Report shows Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM on Start Offline Driver Failed To Startup Failed Bad Windows Repair 7 MININT-DP NLO - - Running from g Platform Windows Professional Service Pack X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Boot Mode Recovery Default ControlSet ATTENTION gt If the system is bootable FRST must be run from normal or Safe mode to create a complete log Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist Windows 7 Failed To Start Startup Repair Failed Offline Bad Driver the registry item will be Windows 7 Failed To Start Startup Repair Failed Offline Bad Driver restored to default or removed The file will Windows 7 Failed To Start Startup Repair Failed Offline Bad Driver not be moved HKLM Run RTHDVCPL gt C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtkNGUI exe - - Realtek Semiconductor HKLM Run RtHDVBg gt C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVBg exe - - Realtek Semiconductor HKLM Run IAStorIcon gt C Program Files Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe - - Intel Corporation HKLM Run AtherosBtStack gt C Program Files x Dell Wireless Bluetooth Suite btvstack exe - - Atheros Commnucations HKLM Run AthBtTray gt C Program Files x Dell Wireless Bluetooth Suite athbttray exe - - Atheros Commnucations HKLM Run MSC gt c Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM-x Run USB MON gt C Program Files x Intel Intel reg USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver Application iusb mon exe - - Intel Corporation HKLM-x Run Client Access Service gt C Program Files x IBM Client Access cwbsvstr exe - - IBM Corporation HKLM-x Run C Program Files x D-Link D-ViewCam MainConsole EXE gt C Program Files x D-Link D-ViewCam MainConsole exe - - D-Link Corporation HKLM-x Run APSDaemon gt C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run ScanSnap WIA Service Checker gt C Windows SSDriver fi SsWiaChecker exe HKLM-x Run HP Software Update gt C Program Files x Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe - - Hewlett-Packard HKLM-x Run gt X HKLM-x Run StatusAlerts gt C Program Files x HP StatusAlerts bin HPStatusAlerts exe - - Hewlett-Packard Company HKLM-x Run iTunesHelper gt C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run EEventManager gt C Program Files x EPSON Creativity Suite Event Manager EEventManager exe - - SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION Winlogon Notify GoToAssist Express Customer C Program Files x Citrix GoToAssist Remote Support Customer g ax winlogonx dll Citrix Online a division of Citrix Systems Inc Services Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist it will be removed from the registry The file will not be moved unless listed separately S Cwbrxd C Windows cwbrxd exe - - IBM Corporation S GoToAssist Remote Support Customer C Program Files x Citrix GoToAssist Remote Support Customer g ax service exe - - Citrix Online a division of Citrix Systems Inc S HP DS Service C Program Files x HP HPBDSService HPBDSService exe - - Hewlett-Packard Company S IAStorDataMgrSvc C Program Files Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorDataMgrSvc exe - - Intel Corporation S IconMan R C Program Files x Realtek Realtek USB Card Reader RIconMan exe - - Realsil Microelectronics Inc S MsMpSvc c Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe - - Microsoft Corporation S NisSrv c Program Files Microsoft Security C... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/599441/windows-7-failed-to-start-startup-repair-failed-offline-bad-driver/
Relevancy 35.69%

I have three users on a Windows 7 computer. none will log on, they all give "Windows failed the logon. the remote procedure call failed and did not execute" it doesn't matter how many time i reboot the computer, all three accounts same error. Googling the problem produces spammy results. exact quote produces "no results for" "searching without quotes" message

A:Windows failed the logon. the remote procedure call failed and did not execute

Have you tried booting in "Safe Mode" and see if the problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/543029/windows-failed-the-logon-the-remote-procedure-call-failed-and-did-not-execute/
Relevancy 35.69%

So this really irritates me because I just spent hundreds of dollars sending my laptop to HP last year because the hard drive completely failed. I have a 1TB hybrid hard drive and 22Gb solid state used for caching.  When I booted up my computer Intel Rapid Storage Technology said there was an issue.  When I opened it, it says that the status of: SATA disk (932 GB)(System) Accelerated, is Failed.  My SATA_Array_0001 22GB is fine though.  So I ran a System Quick Test,everything passed except Hard Drive Short DST Check: FAILEDFAILURE ID: Q4MP7Q-6RA82U-MFGJWK-60W303 This is weird because other than the computer telling me there is something wrong every time I restart it, It seems to run just fine.  Im just worried because I don't want it to randomly die on me one day.  

A:SATA disk failed and Hard Drive Short DST Check: Failed

Hi there @nmulji,  Thank you for joining in on the HP Support Forums and Welcome! This is a great place to ask questions, find solutions and get help from others in the community! I read your post on the HP Support Forums and understand that the Hard Drive in your HP ENVY TouchSmart 15t-j100 Select Edition CTO Notebook PC failed the Short DST Check.  SMART (Self-Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology System) uses a technology known as predictive failure analysis to tell you when a hard drive failure is imminent. Have you tried to Restore the BIOS? If not, please try this step first. Then, just to be on the safe side, back up your data that way it does not get lost. However, there might be certain conditions that cause a hard drive failure message to display when a problem does not exist (a false positive). To fix false positive hard drive errors, please try updating the hard drive firmware. You can check whether an update is available by going to the  Get software and drivers page. You will need to put in your Model Number and then click the links that pertain to the computer configuration and see if a hard drive update is available.  You could also try to do a  Disk Defragment to consolidate files and move them to another section of the drive where errors are less likely to occur. Did this reply resolve your issue or answer your question? If yes, then please share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation by clicking the Thumbs Up. If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting. Thanks! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/SATA-disk-failed-and-Hard-Drive-Short-DST-Check-Failed/td-p/5596311
Relevancy 35.26%

I have been receiving many failed updates, and i have tried methods like using the troubleshooting method to fix it. I have also tried downloading the updates from Microsoft center which still doesn't work as it stated as "ungenuine update"...
I have been getting windows failure to update during my windows start up.

PLease help thanks!

A:Many failed update on history windows failed to configure startup

Hello smeraldan and welcome to Seven Forums.

My usual disclaimer: I'm not an expert at anything. Sometimes malware can prevent Windows Updates from installing. Run a full scan with your personal anti-malware suite. Then use the free Malwarebytes to run another full scan. (No anti-malware product is 100% effective 100% of the time. If there was such a thing we'd all be using it.)

Malwarebytes

Another possible problem is if system files became damaged or corrupt. I'd run a system file checker scan from an elevated command prompt (option two.) If problems are found run the scan 3 times rebooting in between each scan.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

You could also try running the System Update Readiness Tool if you haven't already done so.

System Update Readiness Tool fixes Windows Update errors in Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 R2, and Windows Server 2008

Try installing the updates again, but this time just do a few at a time (maybe only 5 or so.) Keep track of the KB numbers. Start with the critical updates, then the important, and save the optional for last. If a group of 5 installs OK go on to the next group. If any group fails to install you'll know which group to uninstall. Try installing just one update at a time. If they install OK go on to the next group. Otherwise just ignore the problem update(s) for the time being and continue installing in groups of 5.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/254379-many-failed-update-history-windows-failed-configure-startup.html
Relevancy 35.26%

I have three users on a Windows 7 computer. none will log on, they all give "Windows failed the logon. the remote procedure call failed and did not execute" it doesn't matter how many time i reboot the computer, all three accounts same error. Googling the problem produces spammy results. exact quote produces "no results for" "searching without quotes" message

A:Windows failed the logon. the remote procedure call failed and did not

Is this the same computer you had problems with last week?
Have you tried running sfc /scannow? You have to do that from an elevated command prompt. Sometimes you have to do it in safe mode.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/340008-windows-failed-logon-remote-procedure-call-failed-did-not.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Hello there guys. After building a new PC for some reason I get a message when I am recording games (often) or just playing them. I have reseated everything on the inside and run memtest. Changed my PSU but the problem persists.
Specs:
Gigabyte x99 Gaming 5
i7 5820k
Ballistix sport 8gb DDR4 2400mhz
Asus R9 280x
Seasonic 750 watts PSU 128GB
Vertex III SSD
2 other older HDDs.

I get AgileVpn.sys errors, atikmpag.sys errors, dxgkrnl.sys and TeeDriverx64.sys.
Here is a dropbox folder with the dumps.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rsnbxi59b...vT0pzIbga?dl=0
Please Help!

A:Display Drivers Failed and recovered! Tried lots of things and failed.

Update to the latest video card drivers or, if you are already running the latest, work your way back the drivers' list until you find one that works.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/357935-display-drivers-failed-recovered-tried-lots-things-failed.html
Relevancy 35.26%

recently i tried to update my nvidia driver and it failled and didnt install a thing, so i went on and tried ALL possible fixes ie the main one being uninstall all nvidia download your mobo and card drivers reboot use a file cleaner to uninstall all nivida files BUT the 2 latest then reboot into safe again and instll the mobo driver reboot then when i got to finnal install the latest nvidia card driver it fails

A:nvidia installer failed error all basic fixes FAILED

Quote: Originally Posted by emmett82

recently i tried to update my nvidia driver and it failled and didnt install a thing, so i went on and tried ALL possible fixes ie the main one being uninstall all nvidia download your mobo and card drivers reboot use a file cleaner to uninstall all nivida files BUT the 2 latest then reboot into safe again and instll the mobo driver reboot then when i got to finnal install the latest nvidia card driver it fails

Hi emmett82,

Please let us know what is the error you received while trying to install the driver update for the system.

First of all manually remove the drivers from the system by following the link below:

Uninstall Graphics Drivers

Then use driver sweeper to remove any left over driver files:

Guru3D - Driver Sweeper

Restart the system and then download the drivers from the link below:

Drivers | GeForce

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/299303-nvidia-installer-failed-error-all-basic-fixes-failed.html
Relevancy 35.26%

I get the following error messages quot Failed to Failed hidden boxes/Windows dialog all Virus cascading the are Failed - Delayed components - files to Write All Save Save all the components cascading dialog boxes quot quot Windows Delayed Write Failed quot quot Windows detected a hard drive problem quot quot Ram memory reliability is extremely low quot I did a quick scan of MIcrosoft Security essentials after starting in the normal mode but it did not find any infected files I also restarted the computer in Safe mode and ran the Malaware bytes MBAM scan I ran the MBAM scan from a flash drive It also did not find any infected files In the safe mode I ran quot Unhide quot and the files came back Below is log from unhide quot Finished processing C drive files processed Finished processing E drive files processed Restoring the start menu Shortcuts and Dektop items were Failed to Save all the components cascading dialog boxes/Windows Delayed Write Failed - Virus - All files are hidden restored Searching for Windows Registry Changes made by FakeHDD rogues -Checking HKLM SOFTWARE Windows CurrentVersion policies Explorer -Checking HKCU SOFTWARE Windows CurrentVersion policies Explorer NoDesktop policy was found Failed to Save all the components cascading dialog boxes/Windows Delayed Write Failed - Virus - All files are hidden and deleted -Checking HKCU SOFTWARE Windows CurrentVersion policies Explorer Advanced Program finished at PM Execution time hour s minutes s and seconds s Once I restarted in the regular mode after about minutes are so all the files are hidden again and the cascading windows started appearing and am getting all of the error messages listed above I reviewed the quot Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help quot and have downloaded the DDS scr and GMER in the flash drive DO I need to run the steps in order Defogger DDS and GMER Can I run from flash drive or do I need to install it in desktop Can I run them after starting in the safe mode or Do I need to run only from the regular mode Should I run the unhide first before running the DDS and the GMER Or based on the information you have so far is there an easier fix Appreciate your help

A:Failed to Save all the components cascading dialog boxes/Windows Delayed Write Failed - Virus - All files are hidden

posted the question in the virus removal forum - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic444994.html . This post can be inactivated if the other forum is the more appropriate forum to post this kind of question============================================Hello I have removed the topic you made in the XP forum as it was a duplicate of this one, which already is in the right place. It will be two, three days before you will receive a reply most likely as oldest topics are picked up first. In the mean time please follow the steps in the preparation guide to run DDS/GMER and post the logs as a reply to this topic.Thank you for understanding.Elise

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/444994/failed-to-save-all-the-components-cascading-dialog-boxeswindows-delayed-write-failed-virus-all-files-are-hidden/
Relevancy 35.26%

I am currently using windows ultimate x I was in the middle of a process restoring my computer to a few days back and suddenly it froze i did a power shut down and when i turned it back on i wasn't able to get back into windows i was brought to startup repair and it gave me errors 'Boot manager failed to find OS loader quot there was options for restoring but all my restore points were gone recovery wasn't able to find image backup quot startup repair cannot repair this computer automatically quot so i did some research before i came here i was told to go into safe mode to restore but whenever i enter safe mode startup repair would FAILED Repair Failed Find Load. to Startup OS take over and shows the same errors also i read a tutorial Failed to Find OS Load. Startup Repair FAILED using a repair disc made a copy of it on someone elses ultimate x computer and i get the x e error if i boot from disc what can i do as of now i dont have the installation disc with me i wont be able to get hold of it until tomorrow theres a lot of important files in that hard drive and i really Failed to Find OS Load. Startup Repair FAILED cant lose any any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

A:Failed to Find OS Load. Startup Repair FAILED

If you can't use a system repair disk, then you could simply reinstall Windows on the same hard drive. You don't need to format the hard drive during installation, just select your main hard drive and install, that way you can preserve your files. The files will be in "Windows.Old" after installation in your "Local Disk".

Also, make sure your repair CD is 64-bit, like your system. Try to access your BIOS, by pressing the "Delete" key; it's different for various mktherboards, and select your CD-ROM to be first to boot. Might help, I'm not sure. If it helps, we'll start from there.

You'll want to select "Command Prompt" from the repair disk, we'll need it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/190150-failed-find-os-load-startup-repair-failed.html
Relevancy 35.26%

I was running Win XP which finally failed and I was able to enter in safe mode (only, no networking) and ran all the tests I could think of. Hard drive is ok and so I attempted to repair WinXP from the installation CD. However, the PC failed to shut down and restart so I eventually force closed it. Now it won't even load past the initial black windows screen, don't even get the option of going into safe mode.

Is there any way I (or someone) could access the hard drive to retrieve the data? I guess I could reinstall the OS but don't want to do that yet as I'll definitely lose the data.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

A:Win XP failed, repair failed -- can I access hard drive?

Sure, there are many ways. Depending on what you want in the end decides how to proceed.

If you have a lot of space free on the drive, you could boot off a linux dvd and create a new partition. You'd have to shrink the existing, then make a new one. Then you could just copy over the data from the old one to the new one. Then reinstall windows onto the old partition, and copy your stuff back (then delete the partition and expand the remaining to fill the rest of the space).

You can also just boot off a linux disk and copy it to a thumb drive or whatever.

Or you could remove the hard drive and place it in another computer.

Also, I'm not convinced you lose the data if you install Windows again. I'm pretty sure you can install without formatting the drive. Your programs won't work, but it shouldn't overwrite any of your data. This is a non-ideal solution though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win-xp-failed-repair-failed-can-i-access-hard-drive.179446/
Relevancy 35.26%

Cross posted in Macrium Reflect forum:

I have a Samsung EVO 840 128GB SSD and I am trying to clone it to my new EVO 850 500GB drive attached to my laptop via SATA-to-USB cable. The 128 is my C: drive with WIN 7 pro and some programs. I made an image first and stored it elsewhere first . I get the message in the title about 20 seconds after starting clone process. It's the first time I've encountered an error cloning a drive.

Last week I cloned a HDD to another EVO 840 without issue, but it was in a second bay in that laptop.

Would I be better served pulling my D: drive temporarily and putting target SSD in that bay and cloning then? Or restore image I made to new drive?

Macrium V6.1.936
Thanks in advance!
Michael

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/386961-clone-failed-write-failed-2-broken-pipe.html
Relevancy 35.26%

nice failed! maybe failed, succed! ALL but POSSIBLE Kaspersky can REQueSTING you HELPERS I catchy title anyway so i have had this annoying worm in my computer this worm goes by the name I failed, Kaspersky failed! but maybe you can succed! REQueSTING ALL HELPERS POSSIBLE of I failed, Kaspersky failed! but maybe you can succed! REQueSTING ALL HELPERS POSSIBLE cliservs exe http www threatexpert com report aspx uid a -bbea- c- b- d cbc this is the info site Sp i tried removing this many ways i first noticed it in my task manager i check my task manager every mins or so to make sure everything is ok so when i googled this process to my surprise it was a worm so iscanned my pc with ad aware pro latest version w updats and evrything and it found it and removed it for me so solution fixed nope not yet ad aware pro did its job and deleted the file from C windows system cliservs exe but what happened was it came back after a restart of my computer so time to bring out the big boy i started Kapersky Internet security and updated everything then i scanned and to no surprise kaspersky had found it and so i deleted it and then i had to restart my computer bcause kaspersky asked me to and to no surprise the thing was bak when i restarted my pc so i scanned it with kaspersky again and went through the process again and to no surprise it was back thts when i decided to hit the threads oh yeah i also tried maually removing it myself by deleting this file its a hidden file in windows system i also went to the above site mentioned and tried deleting all the registry values tht it had i even searched for it in the registry and deleted all strings named cliservs exe and another thing i can end the process with task manager by right clicking on th process and clicking end process in the process tab and oh yeah it starts up every time i start up windows probs im having i noticed tht my pc thinks tht im always holding down the control button so when i go on mozilla and try to type dog then the bookmark would come up cause in mozilla cntrl D bookmark if i typed quot n quot in googles search bar then a new browser would come up cause cntrl n new browser so u get the point but i get around tht prob by starting the on screen keyboard from accesebility and pressing cntrl on the on screen keyboard and then the other control so i press the control on the left side once and then the control on the other side once and the prob seems to go away this trick doesnt work with my ps keyboard and only works w the on screen one strangee and this happens every time i start up my pc but then my keyboard still doesnt work with the control button so if i were to paste and i would type in control v my keyboard ignores the cntrl button and just presses V Note theres nothing wrong with the keyboard so kaspersky failed i failed ad aware failed and now im worried oh yeah this is win xp sp pc i have a old pc this is a intel celeron ghz im poor mb ram mb on board video asrock m a mobo the cool thing abt this pc is tht i have had this since and all i have evr had to replace was power supply cost me bucks to replace it - cheap and tht was it i have had to reinstall my pc many times due to viruses and stuff but this one lasted the longest my record this one is going for abt months without a need of reinstalltion longest ever thus far reinstalltion is annyoing for me but if i have to and i prefer not to here is my hijack this log in the link below http www nopaste com p a mDPwp hb thnk u so much for helping and reading nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-failed-kaspersky-failed-but-maybe-you-can-succed-requesting-all-helpers-possible.768765/
Relevancy 34.4%

I am using HP Pavilion dm Notebook with Windows Home Edition installed HD TOSHIBA MK GSX Hard drive GB Recently my laptop started to reboot frequently with some error overheating FAILED - Short DST: Failed Test Start-up and DISK usage always I have tried to format Start-up Test Failed - Short DST: FAILED the hard drive and tried to re-install it with Windows boot-up disk But it is not responding even for the F - System recovery option to format it I have then tried to run the HP - System Diagonistics with running the quot Start-up Test quot first The result is as below Start-up Test Memory Test PASSED SMART Check PASSED Short DST FAILED FAILURE ID U L X - C C-XD U G- Start-up Test Failed - Short DST: FAILED SF PRODUCT ID XG PA AB Hard Disk ------------------ As it looks like Hard Disk issue I ran the quot Hard-Disk Test quot but Hard-disk test shows all are PASSED It is confusing whether it is really Hard drive issue Do I need to replace the Hard drive If so can I go for any hard drive or only Toshiba any issue in using other HD will have any issue with my mother board Please advise

A:Start-up Test Failed - Short DST: FAILED

Sounds like a failing hard disk, but the overheating thing is worrisome.

The TOSHIBA MK6465GSX is a 2.5" form factor SATA drive, 9.5 mm thick. You should be able to replace it with any drive with the same dimensions. (You probably can use a thinner drive, but a spacer may be needed to mount it.) That includes SSDs that are intended as laptop HD replacements.

I see that there are a couple of YouTube videos showing how to replace the HD for your model laptop.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/57023-start-up-test-failed-short-dst-failed.html
Relevancy 34.4%

I forgot to turn off the external cooling fan when closing the laptop(putting it to sleep). It eventually drain the battery and didn't hibernate gracefully & caused disk error. 1. Win 7 Home premium couldn't boot up, tried repair & just hang. 2. Diagnostic disk check shows 303 error, which means the disk is toasted. Ordering new disk. 3. I have the HP recovery disks but they are not bootable. All the other recovery solutions rely on running recovery manager but I can't even load windows. 4. I tried to find win 7 iso file but they are no longer available or the OEM product key won't let me download one from microsoft.http://www.mydigitallife.info/official-windows-7-sp1-iso-from-digital-river/https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7 5. I have backup all the important files using Paragon so I am ready to wipe the disk clean. What should I do next to reinstall the system?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Windows-7-failed-to-start-amp-repair-failed/td-p/5683122
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi folks - I use Bit Defender Virus V protection While I've had a virus on occasion currently the report states I have viruses on my C virus disinfection failed move failed, drive the rest on my back up disk F Drive This time I noticed quot virus disinfection failed move failed quot on several A deeper scan produced more viruses virus disinfection failed, move failed Does this mean my PC is still infected and Bit Defender was unable to remove suspect files I've tried to find these files and manually delete them but I must be doing something wrong Please assist Thanks ----------------------------------------------------------------- Product BitDefender Antivirus v Product Created on ----------------------------------------------------------------- Virus Statistics Scan path C D F Folders Files Memory processes scanned Archives Runtime packers Identified viruses Infected files Memory processes infected Suspect files Warnings Disinfected files Deleted files Moved files I O errors Scan time Scan speed files sec Spyware Statistics Registry keys scanned Registry keys infected Cookies scanned Cookies infected Spyware files infected Spyware threats detected Virus definitions Scan plugins Archive plugins Unpack plugins Mail plugins System plugins Virus scan options Detection X Scan boot sectors X Memory Processes Scan archives X virus disinfection failed, move failed Scan runtime packers X Scan email File mask X Programs All files User defined extensions Exclude extensions Action Infected objects Ignore X Disinfect Delete Move to quarantine Prompt user Second action Ignore Delete X Move to quarantine Prompt user Virus scan options X Enable warnings Enable heuristics Show all files in log X Report file C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Bitdefender Desktop Profiles Logs full scan bdl A log Spyware scan options X Scan for riskware Skip dial and applications from scan X Registry keys X Cookies Summary C Documents and Settings Hp Temporary Internet Files Content IE JZSO HK i htm Infected Trojan Exploit ANOI C Documents and Settings Hp Temporary Internet Files Content IE JZSO HK i htm Disinfection failed C Documents and Settings Hp Temporary Internet Files Content IE JZSO HK i htm Move failed F backup CSUC Files Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE EBAH popup htm Detected Application JS ForcePopup H F backup CSUC Files Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE EBAH popup htm Disinfection failed F backup CSUC Files Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE EBAH popup htm Moved F backup CSUC Files Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE CLSFCRWR ibar js Infected Trojan Downloader Js Istbar AD F backup CSUC Files Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE CLSFCRWR ibar js Move failed F backup CSUC Files Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE S UN ER popup htm Detected Application JS ForcePopup H F backup CSUC Files Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE S UN ER popup htm Disinfection failed F backup CSUC Files Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE S UN ER popup htm Move failed F backup CSUC Files Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE SH XERK prompt htm Infected Trojan Downloader JS Istbar G F backup CSUC Files Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE SH XERK prompt htm Disinfection failed F backup CSUC Files Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE SH XERK prompt htm Move failed F Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Symantec Norton AntiVirus Quarantine AC htm gt Quarantine- Infected Trojan Explo... Read more

A:virus disinfection failed, move failed

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link I'll give you below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

------------------------------------------------------

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new thread, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/virus-disinfection-failed-move-failed-361282.html
Relevancy 34.4%

I'm running a program which becomes highly unstable when I ALT-TAB out of it unless explorer.exe is shutdown. This worked well until yesterday, I would just restart explorer.exe and resume normal usage.

After restarting explorer.exe and when I try to open any folder I get this error:

"The Remote Procedure Call failed and did not execute."

RPC is Started and Automatic in services.msc. RPC Locator is not started and on Manual.

Please do not tell me to restart. The computer carries out file server tasks using Wampserver and it thus inherent that shutting down is to be avoided. Moreover, this issue did not occur before so it is a problem with Windows, not a built-in limitation of any sort.

A:Restart explorer.exe failed, RPC thing failed to run

Hi, well the obvious question is what is this program that is so unstable? Have you thought of running a batch file to close explorer.exe .Something like :- taskkill /im explorer.exe /f saved and run as a .bat file will stop parent and child objects . You could add the errant program to the taskkill bat file and adding explorer.exe at the end will have the program closed and explorer.exe opened.

The bad news is the RpcSs service cannot be stopped and restarted by the net stop command, IT has to be by a restart.. see recovery under the service properties, You can ignore the RpcSs locator service it is by default manual.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/restart-explorer-exe-failed-rpc-thing-failed-to-run-573109.html
Relevancy 34.4%

I am using HP Pavilion dm Notebook with Windows Home Edition installed Start-up Test DST: - Short FAILED Failed HD TOSHIBA MK GSX Hard drive GB nbsp Recently my laptop started to reboot frequently with some error overheating and DISK usage always I have tried to format the hard drive and tried to re-install it with Windows boot-up disk But it is not responding even for the F - System recovery option to format it I have then tried to run the HP - Start-up Test Failed - Short DST: FAILED System Diagonistics with running the Start-up Test first nbsp The result is as below nbsp Start-up Test Start-up Test Failed - Short DST: FAILED nbsp Memory Test PASSEDSMART Check PASSEDShort DST FAILED nbsp FAILURE IDU L X - C C-XD U G- SF PRODUCT IDXG PA AB nbsp Hard Disk ------------------As it looks like Hard Disk issue I ran the Hard-Disk Start-up Test Failed - Short DST: FAILED Test but Hard-disk test shows all are PASSED It is confusing whether it is really Hard drive issue Do I need to replace the Hard drive If so can I go for any hard drive or only Toshiba any issue in using other HD will have any issue with my mother board Please advise

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Start-up-Test-Failed-Short-DST-FAILED/td-p/5698945
Relevancy 34.4%

Help!

I just downloaded the unvenerable SP2 update and started to install it on my wife's system when the PC locked up. I had to restart the system in order to get out of the "lockup". Upon doing so, I received a blue screen which says "Process 1 Initialization Failed" and some other garbage about changing BIOS settings and or starting in Safe Mode.
Needless to say nothing works! Arrg!

Please help before the Mrs. hangs me out for hurricane Jeanne to carry me off to some desolate island without MY PC.

TIA

A:Process1 Initialization Failed After SP2 Install Failed

HOW TO: Repair Windows XP/2000 if you are unable to boot into Windows.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/process1-initialization-failed-after-sp2-install-failed.15690/
Relevancy 34.4%

I am using HP Pavilion dm Notebook with Windows Home Edition installed HD TOSHIBA MK GSX Hard drive GB Recently my laptop started to reboot frequently with some error overheating and DISK usage always I have tried to format the hard drive and tried to re-install it with Windows boot-up disk But it is not responding even for the F - System recovery option to format it I have then tried to run the HP - System Diagonistics with running the quot Start-up Test quot first The result is as below Start-up Test Memory Test PASSED SMART Check PASSED Short DST FAILED FAILURE ID U L X - C C-XD U G- SF PRODUCT ID XG PA AB Hard Disk ------------------ As it looks like Hard Disk issue I ran the quot Hard-Disk Test quot but Hard-disk test shows all are PASSED It Failed DST: Test Start-up FAILED - Short is confusing whether it is really Hard drive issue Do I need to replace the Hard drive If so can I go for any hard drive or only Toshiba any issue in using other HD will have any issue with my mother board Please advise

A:Start-up Test Failed - Short DST: FAILED

Please check with HP Technical Support. They will know what exactly the Failure ID means and advice you on the next course of action.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/398737-start-up-test-failed-short-dst-failed.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi I ve been tasked with scan Failed Virus - failed Download fixing my girlfriend s friends laptop and have been given a pretty vague description of the problem so I ll try to give as much detail to you as possible in the hope that you can help Download Failed - Virus scan failed The laptop is running Vista Home Premium SP She has AVG Free She uses Chrome m and IE Every time she tries to download a file with Chrome and IE she gets a quot Failed - Virus scan failed quot message She hasn t tried Firefox but I have and can download with it fine I have run a few tools ccleaner spybot spywareblaster adaware but the problems haven t stopped I also noticed it had proxy settings for http and secuure pointing to with the proxy exception for quot lt -loopback gt I have got the following log entries for you - HijackThis Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exe C Program Files sony Marketing Tools MarketingTools exe C Program Files Google Quick Search Box GoogleQuickSearchBox exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files sony Reader Data bin launcher Reader Library Launcher exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Windows iLivid Toolbar Datamngr datamngrUI exe C Program Files HTC HTC Sync htcUPCTLoader exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDTray exe C Program Files HP HP Photosmart series Bin ScanToPCActivationApp exe C Program Files TomTom HOME TomTomHOMERunner exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Internet Services ApplePhotoStreams exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Internet Services iCloudServices exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Internet Services BookmarkDAV client exe C Program Files Browsersafeguard BrowserSafeguard exe C Users Jude AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Power Management SPMgr exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Update VAIOUpdt exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe C Program Files HP HP Photosmart series Bin HPNetworkCommunicator exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www club-vaio com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www club-vaio com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http https R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride lt -loopback gt R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO AVG Do Not Track - EEF-CB F- F-AFEB-D E A B BA... Read more

A:Download Failed - Virus scan failed

Hello and welcome to Tech Guy. I am sorry that you are having troubles with your computer and will try my best to help you. I know that being infected is very frustrating, but I will be here to help you through the whole process of cleaning. Removing malware can be difficult and complicated and will most likely take many steps, so please stick with me until I have declared your computer clean. I always recommend printing my instructions before following them in case you cannot keep this webpage open. Please be sure to alway follow all steps exactly as they are written and let me know what happens each time. Stop and ask if something unexpected happens or if you are unsure of how to proceed.

Please respect my volunteered time and stay with me until I declare your computer clean. If you are going to be delayed for a while, please let me know.

This can be indicative of the latest ZA infection, or it can be a corrupted AVG. Let's check it out with this scan:

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Press Scan button.
It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-failed-virus-scan-failed.1112276/
Relevancy 33.11%

bit locker drive encryption failed to recover from an abruptly terminated conversion
i have 2tb segate hd i have stoped  encryption on 94% and shut-down pc now im getting this message 'bitlocker drive encryption failed to recover from an abruptly terminated conversion' while unlocking hd what to do? i will get my data?........please
help me

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/76757bba-d73a-425e-8027-272f069ab546/bit-locker-encryption-failed-94-and-now-showing-bitlocker-drive-encryption-failed-to-recover-from?forum=perfmon
Relevancy 33.11%

NO COMBO FIX LOG IS ATTACHED First thank you for what you people do here I suddenly began receiving the error quot Windows - Delayed Write Failed Failed to save all the components for the file System c The file is corrupted or unreadable This error may be caused by a PC hardware problem In addition my desktop went black and lost my desktop the all file \System32\0000390c. to components Windows-Delayed file The for the is Write Failed(Failed save corrupted... icons A box popped up saying I needed to purchase some time of computer fix Researching the problem I came across a forum that suggested running ComboFix from your site which I did After running it I found the warning not to run it unless specifically instructed to In any event Windows-Delayed Write Failed(Failed to save all the components for the file \System32\0000390c. The file is corrupted... I did run it and currently my desktop icons are back however my desktop background is still black Windows-Delayed Write Failed(Failed to save all the components for the file \System32\0000390c. The file is corrupted... and I have a new icon on my desktop that is a red circle with a white X on it Please let me know what else I should do if anything I have not deleted ComboFix exe from my computer or performed any other tasks And again thank you for what you do Warmest regards

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/422679/windows-delayed-write-failedfailed-to-save-all-the-components-for-the-file-system320000390c-the-file-is-corrupted-or-unreadable/
Relevancy 33.11%

Trying to start a live trace with USB-USBPORT and USB-USBHUB on Win7.  Getting "Failed to Start Enable Session Due to the Following Error(s):

Enable session "MMA-ETW-Livecapture-79f84d93-a9b8-4484-b09e-ad9e315ea8d5" failed.
Start session "MMA-ETW-Livecapture-79f84d93-a9b8-4484-b09e-ad9e315ea8d5" failed
At a loss as what to do to try and fix this.
Suggestions anyone?
Thank you,
Roger

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/67a11d24-9ca1-44f6-8cee-eb58d7361ee2/usb-failed-to-start-session-due-to-?forum=messageanalyzer
Relevancy 33.11%

After doing some research it appears that I have the quot data recovery virus quot every time I turn my computer on I get loads of pop ups that say quot Windows Delayed Write Failed quot Failed to save all the components the for Write i... The "Windows the Failed." \System32\0000390c. save file to Delayed Failed components file all for the file System c The file is corrupted or "Windows Delayed Write Failed." Failed to save all the components for the file \System32\0000390c. The file i... unreadable This error may be caused by a PC hardware problem I don t know what to do right now i m on safe mode with network when i go on normal mode i cant see any programs and all my icons are gone I was told to post a link here to my other thread http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html DDS TXT LOG DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD NETWORKInternet Explorer Run by Cory at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live Anti-Virus Enabled Updated FF - D -CE B- ECB-E A A AV McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Enabled Updated - - EA -ABB - B EB SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Enabled Updated D B - E- - - C A SP Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live Disabled Updated - EE-C E - B-DC BDD BAB FW McAfee Firewall Enabled BE ED - A B- FFF- EC-B C Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSSC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Program Files x Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXEC Windows system mfevtps exeC Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exeC Windows system wbem unsecapp exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Program Files Common Files McAfee McSvcHost McSvHost exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows system ctfmon exeC Program Files x Lavasoft Ad-Aware AWSC exeC Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exeC Program Files x Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exec PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exeC Windows explorer exeC Windows system DllHost exeC Windows SysWOW cmd exeC Windows system conhost exeC Windows SysWOW cscript exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO McAfee Phishing Filter b a- - a -b -be afe ab - c PROGRA mcafee msk mskapbho dllBHO scriptproxy db d a - - e -b d- f c - C Program Files x Common Files McAfee SystemCore ScriptSn dllBHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllBHO Windows Live Messenger Companion Helper fdde b- f- -ab f- cbeff - C Program Files x Windows Live Companion companioncore dllBHO Skype add-on for Internet Explorer ae - e c- ed - f b-f f a - C Program Files x Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dllBHO Yontoo Layers Drop Down Deals fd e- fde- d-a a- bab cad - C Program Files x Yontoo Layers Runtime Drop Down Deals YontooIEClient dlluRun Aim quot C Program Files x AIM aim exe quot d locale en-USuRun WKocfFMPaI exe C ProgramData WKocfFMPaI exeuRun Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus C Users Cory Desktop sdasetup revwire exe -minmRun ShwiconXP C Program Files x Multimedia Card Reader ShwiconXP exemRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot mRun Dell DataSafe Online C Program Files x Dell Dell Datasafe Online... Read more

A:"Windows Delayed Write Failed." Failed to save all the components for the file \System32\0000390c. The file i...

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/424971 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/424971/windows-delayed-write-failed-failed-to-save-all-the-components-for-the-file-system320000390c-the-file-is-corrupted-or-unreadable/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi I was wondering if overclocking failed Please failed! HELP!!! overvoltage or anyone could advise me on a problem I have with an asus barebone vintage V -P G I am at the end of my tether with this problem this is the spec of the machine asus barebone vintage V -P G Intel Ghz FSB LGA OCZ Value Pro Mb DDR PC Mhz GB Seagate SATA II I am not sure if this is a Please HELP!!! overclocking failed or overvoltage failed! problem or just a error message that doesn t really matter When you power on the machine it posts and gives the following error message quot overclocking failed or overvoltage failed Please enter setup to re-configure your system quot F to load Setup or F to load defaults If you choose F the system loads into windows fine and works as normal I have not tried overclocking this system or changed anything in the BIOS I have tried updating the BIOS to the latest version with no success and also reset the jumbers on the board but this error continue s to persist I have seen this error on two systems now the first which had been up and running for years then it displayed the message and the nd up for months then it displayed the same message Please help Thanks Pheonixman nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-overclocking-failed-or-overvoltage-failed.638063/
Relevancy 33.11%

Glad to find a place that might actually respond Here is what happens I ll be playing a game online most likely Call of Duty and talking with my teammates over TeamSpeak voice chat program if you were unaware A half hour or so into the game I will get disconnected or timed out It Socket failed, failed bind will still let me connect back to the game once but I will get disconnected again Any attempts to scan ping gaming servers will result in the error message quot Socket failed quot and quot Bind failed quot the internet then Socket failed, bind failed refuses to work and I have to reboot Unfortunately this little problem has probably cost my team matches in the last few das any help would be greatly appreciated here is my system if it helps any GHZ Pentium with HT ATi Radeon Pro GB HD MB DDR RAM Cable internet connection shared on a wireless router Windows XP Home Socket failed, bind failed Anything else you need to know Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 33.11%

Last night, I went to bed with the computer on (as I always do). This morning I awoke and the computer was sitting on the motherboard splash screen (like when it boots up) but did not move. So I rebooted. The computer rebooted and sat at the mother board splash screen indefinitely. I let the computer sit off for a bit and unplugged my external hard drives connected by usb, and then rebooted again.

The computer went past the motherboard splash screen and gave me this message:

"Overclocking failed or overvoltage failed, press F1 to run setup, press F2 to load default values and continue."
I don't really know what overclocking is so I'm pretty sure I haven't overclocked the computer? At least not on purpose.

It's an asus mother board with a Brand New (installed yesterday) hard drive. Pentium 4 3ghz, 1024mb ram.
What should I do?

thank you,

A:Overclocking failed or overvoltage failed ?

Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/overclocking-failed-or-overvoltage-failed.1015921/
Relevancy 33.11%

Xp would not start because my hard drive went south. At least that's what Dell says. They got into my system to take a look see, and the conversation lasted all but a few minutes. Apparently that was the problem the whole time and i didn't know it. I have a refurbished one on order and hopefully it will be here soon. Gonna do the surgery myself. It looks pretty easy. I think installing the new burner was a little more diffucult. I didn't want to spend a whole lot because i'm gonna get a new computer in February. Any advise would be appreciated.

A:XP failed because hard drive failed....

Remember when installing the drive to unplug the computer and take out the battery if it is a laptop. Also avoid carpet or any static.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/365210/xp-failed-because-hard-drive-failed/
Relevancy 33.11%

nice but maybe failed, I Requesting pls! failed, can you all help! Kaspersky help possible catchy title anyway so i have had this annoying worm in my computer this worm goes by the name of cliservs exe I failed, Kaspersky failed, but maybe you can help! Requesting all help possible pls! http www threatexpert com report a b- d cbc this is the info site Sp i tried removing this many ways i first noticed it in my task manager i check my task manager every mins or so to make sure everything is ok so when i googled this process to my surprise it was a worm so iscanned my pc with ad aware pro latest version w updats and evrything and it found it and removed it for me so solution fixed nope not yet ad aware pro did its job and deleted the file from C windows system cliservs exe but what happened was it came back after a restart of my computer so time to bring out the big boy i started Kapersky Internet security and updated everything then i scanned and to no surprise kaspersky had found it and so i deleted it and then i had to restart my computer bcause kaspersky asked me to and to no surprise the thing was bak when i restarted my pc so i scanned it with kaspersky again and went through the process again and to no surprise it was back thts when i decided to hit the threads oh yeah i also tried maually removing it myself by deleting this file its a hidden file in windows system i also went to the above site mentioned and tried deleting all the registry values tht it had i even searched for it in the registry and deleted all strings named cliservs exe and another thing i can end the process with task manager by right clicking on th process and clicking end process in the process tab and oh yeah it starts up every time i start up windows probs im having i noticed tht my pc thinks tht im always holding down the control button so when i go on mozilla and try to type dog then the bookmark would come up cause in mozilla cntrl D bookmark if i typed quot n quot in googles search bar then a new browser would come up cause cntrl n new browser so u get the point but i get around tht prob by starting the on screen keyboard from accesebility and pressing cntrl on the on screen keyboard and then the other control so i press the control on the left side once and then the control on the other side once and the prob seems to go away this trick doesnt work with my ps keyboard and only works w the on screen one strangee and this happens every time i start up my pc but then my keyboard still doesnt work with the control button so if i were to paste and i would type in control v my keyboard ignores the cntrl button and just presses V Note theres nothing wrong with the keyboard so kaspersky failed i failed ad aware failed and now im worried oh yeah this is win xp sp pc i have a old pc this is a intel celeron ghz im poor mb ram mb on board video asrock m a mobo the cool thing abt this pc is tht i have had this since and all i have evr had to replace was power supply cost me bucks to replace it - cheap and tht was it i have had to reinstall my pc many times due to viruses and stuff but this one lasted the longest my record this one is going for abt months without a need of reinstalltion longest ever thus far reinstalltion is annyoing for me but if i have to and i prefer not to here is my hijack this log in the link below http www nopaste com p a mDPwp hb thnk u so much for helping and reading

A:I failed, Kaspersky failed, but maybe you can help! Requesting all help possible pls!

I would reccomend you do this:
http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

Once done POST your log and results to the HJT thread.
Bill

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/i-failed-kaspersky-failed-but-maybe-you-can-help-requesting-all-help-possible-pls-312309.html
Relevancy 33.11%

First My computer specs are Intel R pentium R Dual CPU E GHz GB RAM Mother Board is Asus P GC - MX Now I turn on my computer today and it booted up Not like earlier it overclocking or overvoltage failed failed was really slow it took loads of time to react to the Right Click gt Refresh too So I restarted it Computer restarted but the following message came overclocking failed or overvoltage overclocking failed or overvoltage failed failed Then it got some options F to load default settings and F to reset settings or something I did F In the very first screen I think all the options are set to Device overclocking failed or overvoltage failed not found or something However I changed to the tab where I can change the boot priority and saw floppy disk is NO I changed NO to CD DVD and NO hard disk Then I restarted and it came OK However after that shutdown it tried to start again after few minutes There was nothing Just a black screen No even that beep sound that s the sound which confirms POST is OK right and ASUS logo also didn t come I shutdown the PC again and removed the cover removed the RAM and placed it back and rebooted That time it worked but again the error message I gave F Then worked Then whenever I do a restart it comes to the complete black screen without even that beep sound and startup display with ASUS logo When I do a complete shutdown and boot again it comes to the message after dealing with F windows loads Apart from those I monitored the following There was a kind of problem in my Power Up switch for some time overclocking failed or overvoltage failed I don t know whether it is actually the switch anyway Which means sometimes I have to hold the button for few seconds to make the computer power up Today after this issue when I hold the power button for the shutdown sometimes it didn t work Then I release the button and click it again OOPS machine restarts I need answers for following questions What is the reason for this problem How can I fix it Can I work with my machine Yes without restarting if restarted it will end up with complete black screen without even a beep sound and ASUS logo nbsp

Relevancy 33.11%

Hello, 

This is my first post to this site and I'm hoping I can find the help I've been looking for. I've been asked to fix a relatives computer (Windows Vista, 32 bit) and it seems to have the ZeroAccess malware that prevents downloading. If the overall process is the same, I have downloaded FRST and will run it with an experts approval. I will then post the scan log so a fix list can be generated.

I will only be able to work with the infected computer until around 7 oclock. I understand if there is not enough time to fix the computer but I can at least remove the malware if a fix list can be generated. I will then run MSE and malwarebytes until I can continue work with the computer next week. Can someone verify this approach?

Thanks, 
Matt 

A:Failed- Virus scan failed

I am still interested in fixing this issue if anyone is willing to help. I am not very familiar with ZeroAccess malware and any help would be appreciated. Thanks again

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501083/failed-virus-scan-failed/
Relevancy 33.11%

I have actually been getting this error for the past month, at least since March 29th. I've made several attempts to work around it but to no avail. It appears that there is an error with the other browsers as well. I have searched for solutions for this for several weeks, none of which fit my problem. I uninstalled my clamwin antivirus in favor of Windows Security Essentials, though, most people have fixed this problem by messing with AVG? I don't think I have AVG on my computer?

Anyway, if someone knows how to solve this problem please let me know, I'm willing to try anything.

A:"Failed-Virus scan failed" error when making downloads on chrome

Let's see what Anti-virus is installed ....

Download CKScanner from here http://downloads.malwareremoval.com/CKScanner.exe
Save it to your desktop. <=== IMPORTANT
Doubleclick CKScanner.exe and click Search For Files.
After a very short time, when the cursor hourglass disappears, click "Save List To File".
A message box will verify that the file is saved.
Double-click the CKFiles.txt icon on your desktop and copy/paste the contents in your next reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/287204-failed-virus-scan-failed-error-when-making-downloads-chrome.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Hello I've been having problems with my computer starting yesterday There is a program that wants to change my registry information my display properties and there are a bunch of popups when I go to the internet Any help will be greatful Thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exe C Program Files Digidesign Drivers MMERefresh exe C Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkService exe C WINDOWS System DVDRAMSV exe C WINDOWS ehome ehSched exe C Program Files Common to my change information, Spyware display change properties, wanting popups! registry Files EPSON EBAPI SAgent exe C Program Files ewido security suite ewidoctrl exe c program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system TPWRTRAY EXE C Program Files TOSHIBA TouchED TouchED Exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Wireless Hotkey TosHKCW exe C WINDOWS system TFNF exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Controls TFncKy exe C WINDOWS system Spyware wanting to change my registry information, change display properties, popups! TDispVol exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C toshiba ivp ism pinger exe C PROGRA VERIZO SMARTB MotiveSB exe C Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exe C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C WINDOWS Spyware wanting to change my registry information, change display properties, popups! ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS System THotkey exe C Program Files DIGStream digstream exe C WINDOWS ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files ESPNRunTime DIGServices exe C Program Files LogMeIn LogMeInSystray exe C WINDOWS system ezSP Px exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files s stem w wexec exe C DOCUME Owner APPLIC ASEMBL msconfig exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C Program Files LogMeIn LogMeIn exe C Program Files LogMeIn RaMaint exe C HJT HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www toshiba com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - EE B -F - BB- FB-A BD B A - C Program Files SurfSideKick SskBho dll F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe qxjnler exe O - HKLM Run Tpwrtray TPWRTRAY EXE O - HKLM Run TouchED C Program Files TOSHIBA TouchED TouchED Exe O - HKLM Run TosHKCW exe quot C Program Files TOSHIBA Wireless Hotkey TosHKCW exe quot O - HKLM Run TFNF TFNF exe O - HKLM Run TFncKy TFncKy exe Type O - HKLM Run TDispVol TDispVol exe O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run Pinger c toshiba ivp ism pinger exe run O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installquiet O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run Motive SmartBridge C PROGRA VERIZO SMARTB MotiveSB exe O - HKLM Run LtMoh C Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exe O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe O - HKLM Run DigidesignMMERefresh C Program Files Digidesign Drivers MMERefresh exe O - HKLM Run THotkey C WINDOWS System THotkey exe O - HKLM Run StTH... Read more

A:Spyware wanting to change my registry information, change display properties, popups!

Do not create a new thread for the same issue. Your other thread has been deleted. A 24 hour period must pass before a bump is allowed.

Please read this thread:

http://www.techsupportforum.com//sec...ijackthis.html

Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

Before begining the fix, read this post completely. If there's anything that you do not understand, kindly ask your questions before proceeding. Ensure that there aren't any opened browsers when you are carrying out the procedures below. Save the following instructions in Notepad as this webpage would not be available when you're carrying out the fix.

It is IMPORTANT that you don't miss a step & perform everything in the correct order/sequence.

You have mutiple infections, and this will take several passes to get it all.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download the file - combofix.zip
Within it, double-click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts given
Depending on the severity of your infection, it may reboot your machine 1-2 times.
When it's done, it shall produce a report which you should post back here. Should it not open, it it located at C:\combofix.txt

Also post a new HJT log.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/spyware-wanting-to-change-my-registry-information-change-display-properties-popups-102189.html
Relevancy 32.25%

BSOD happened today and was wondering was there a solution for this problem. I don't know why the issue has come up as now.

A:Dell Inspirion 1525 BSOD No hardware change or software change

Welcome to the forums Neoco,

Code:
BugCheck 116, {fffffa8057088010, fffff8800482dcb0, 0, c}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\igdkmd64.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for igdkmd64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for igdkmd64.sys
Probably caused by : igdkmd64.sys ( igdkmd64+23cb0 )

Code:
Usual causes: Video driver, overheating, bad video card, BIOS, Power to card
This bugcheck indicates that the graphics card driver has attempted to reset the graphics card, but failed to do so within the allocated time interval, and therefore caused a timeout with the following Stop Code 0x116. More Information - Timeout Detection and Recovery (TDR) (Windows Drivers)

Please follow these steps:STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting
Note: Please do not hesitate to ask if you have problems or concerns with the troubleshooting steps within the listed guide.

Update:

Code:
0: kd> lmvm igdkmd64
start end module name
fffff880`0480a000 fffff880`04ddd500 igdkmd64 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: igdkmd64.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\igdkmd64.sys
Image name: igdkmd64.sys
Timestamp: Wed May 06 19:22:19 2009 (4A01D55B)
CheckSum: 005D8353
ImageSize: 005D3500
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Please update to the latest version from here - Intel? Driver Update Utility

Remove (suggested):

Code:
Pando Media Booster c:\program files (x86)\pando networks\media booster\pmb.exe
Read this thread for information:ISP or Networking Issue? 30 days old and counting problem..

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/295790-dell-inspirion-1525-bsod-no-hardware-change-software-change.html
Relevancy 32.25%

One time I patched my computer so a theme will work but when I decided to change it, it wouldn't change! I enabled the theme service and I repatched my computer again, but when I change my theme, it tells me "The visual styles could not be applied. Unspecified error". Also, on the Appearance tab, the Windows and buttons are disabled so I couldn't click it.

A:The taskbar doesnt change themes and error whenever I change my theme.

For the Appearance tab, try this reg file. Save it to your desktop and double click on it to merge it to your registry. Reboot.

For the Themes, try this one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-taskbar-doesnt-change-themes-and-error-whenever-i-change-my-theme.817171/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hey I recently started to notice some strange activity on my MacBook, and am unable to change the root user, along with this on my console the country code sometimes changes to NL without me doing so. Sometimes I also get a message on my console saying "parental controls, start observing". Is there something fishy going on ?, any help much appreciated, thanks

A:Unable to change root user and country change on console, mac osx

Please post any operating (or infection) problems to the Mac forum area, as they are not handled here ...........

Operating Systems → Mac OS  ...............

Thank You - - - -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/552928/unable-to-change-root-user-and-country-change-on-console-mac-osx/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi firstly this is my first post so i hope i'm doing this right I have a win computer which i suspect is infected by some kind of malware virus The thing is that the computer name and local network name has changed from my deafault name to Aorka unfortunately i can't find anything about this specific name on the internet since i also have to login to user acc on computer boot while this has been automatic before Possible infection if likely when restoring mbam clean since i was unable to launch either tuneup utilities or adobe reader after cleanup netbios change Suspecting change (and name "9Aorka5") infection, computer altough infection from pdf-file is also possible but unlikely since files were Suspecting infection, computer name change (and netbios change "9Aorka5") scanned with avg without any warnings Windows defender was Suspecting infection, computer name change (and netbios change "9Aorka5") also unactive noticed when computer name was already changed upon activating defender and running full scan no threats was found either Full scan using avg free is finished without any threats and full mbam scan in safemode without Suspecting infection, computer name change (and netbios change "9Aorka5") network is currently ungoing i've never seen this kind of problem before so i need help Once again i'm new to the forum and have tried to supply all i've tried and figured out so far and thank you so much in advance

A:Suspecting infection, computer name change (and netbios change "9Aorka5")

once your scan is done with Mbam, please post the log then perform the following:Please download TDSSKiller exe version to your desktop.Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe to run the tool for known TDSS variants.Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.Click on Change Parameters and click Detect TDLFS File System.    Click the Start Scan button.    Do not use the computer during the scan    If the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit.    If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.    Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.    Note: If Cure is not an option, Skip instead, do not choose Delete unless instructed.    A TDSSKiller text file would be saved in Local Disk C.    Copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/513044/suspecting-infection-computer-name-change-and-netbios-change-9aorka5/
Relevancy 32.25%

Friends I need your help I have one and only one Windows laptop system in a production environment that insists on randomly rearranging desktop icons There are other laptops in the same office configured in much the same fashion plugged move, image change, change Desktop Icons unstable: into large desktop monitors the same way Desktop Icons unstable: move, change, image change that do not exhibit this evil vile behavior I don't know what is causing it nor how to remedy none of the three has dedicated GPU all are recent vintage systems using variants of intel HD quot gpu quot s one lenovo one hp one acer the troubled one the only diff is that the problem laptop gets picked up and taken away sometimes I noticed myself that if I open the lid and boot up the system I'll get a different look to the desktop than when plugged in to the monitor other than the obvious scaling adjustments Icons will move and change appearance sometimes scaling differently than other times there is NO auto-arranging Desktop Icons unstable: move, change, image change selected no snap to grid like most people the user very much needs to set the icons manually and have them remain stable any ideas what is going on or how to remedy

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/67022-desktop-icons-unstable-move-change-image-change.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi everyone thanks for looking Im running into a particular problem that I cant seem to find the reasons or the settings I watch HBO GO i have a valid subscription on my Windows Home laptop and use an HDMI cable to connect my TV Scenerio If I leave the close the lid power option on hibernate I must leave the laptop open and when I connect the HDMI the TV it becomes my monitor and I view as the monitor and watch anything full screen no problem Scenerio I change the power option on the lid close to quot External when settings change Power change? display options do nothing quot When the HDMI cable is hooked up if the laptop is open it uses the laptop display External display settings change when Power options change? if its closed it displays through the HDMI TV This is perfect and exactly what I want I can watch as the monitor no problem HOWEVER if I choose full screen I get gray borders and the quot Full Screen quot is not full and just centered I can not for the life of me figure out why and Im going crazy Does anyone know why the power option would have an effect on this and what settings I could change Many Thanks in Advance Max nbsp

A:External display settings change when Power options change?

Check to see what resolution your laptop's display is at, what the external TV resolution is when you connect it to your laptop, and MAYBE what resolution the videos you're watching are. This just sounds like a resolution issue. If the TV is at a larger resolution than your laptop's resolution, change the TV's resolution to the size your laptop is at. Then try watching a video to see what happens. Hope this helps.
-Lance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/external-display-settings-change-when-power-options-change.1043683/
Relevancy 32.25%

when my computer starts up, my background changes into a blue color and im unable to chage it back, because when i rigth click and go to properties, the background chaging section is blocked and you can only pick some colors..... can somebody help me please??????

System info: windows xp proffessional, 600 mhz pentium 3 processor,
384 of ram, Nvidia 3D fuzion GeForce MX 4000 PCI 128 mb DDR graphic card.....

A:Background change feature is blocked and dont know how to change it back please help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/background-change-feature-is-blocked-and-dont-know-how-to-change-it-back-please-help.459458/
Relevancy 31.82%

That is my problem as stated above.

Henry

A:Can't change am/pm in settings, update,change active hours.

Hello Henry,

You should be able to click/tap on the arrows above/below AM/PM, or click on AM or PM to select one like below.

Windows Update Active Hours - Change in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/59486-cant-change-am-pm-settings-update-change-active-hours.html
Relevancy 31.82%

Can I change desktop background with favourite picture in Windows 7 starter? May I know how to change!!
Thank you.

A:How to change Change desktop background Windows 7 starter

Well, theres probably a more tech way to do this...but. I just copy the photo of what I want the background to be on my desktop. Right click on on the photo and then click on "set as desktop background"

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/463112/how-to-change-change-desktop-background-windows-7-starter/
Relevancy 31.82%

How color of cell automatically change with change of date. Say I have bunch of numbers, and each number has certain date of occurrence/arival, and if date exceed say <= 10 days, than color would be orange, if date is passed 20 days color would be green and if it passed more than 30 days color would deep Red. And this color will be change automatically with change of date? How do I do this in excel? message edited by SantanuBiswas

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/how-color-of-cells-change-automatically-with-change-of-date/19608.html
Relevancy 31.82%

hello, i have a 9800gt that gives a very low fps on crysis, i went to the shop from where i purchased it and they said that you need to change your power supply, currently its 230watt, i was thinking that i should replace my card with another one as mine does not have a six pin supplementary power connector. so my question is that should i change my psu first or should i switch my card first?

A:Should i change my power supply or should i change my graphics card?

your running a 9800gt on a 230W PSU!? not sure how your doing that without it shutting down as soon as you start a game. the 9800gt needs a 450W psu with 24A on the 12v rail (s). change the PSU. you are fortunate that you haven't overstressed the 230W psu and destroyed the rest of the system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/should-i-change-my-power-supply-or-should-i-change-my-graphics-card.134139/
Relevancy 31.82%

merry christmas, ho ho ho, jingle bells and all that good stuff! so you kiddies that have behaved yourself this year, what is santa going to bring you? for the rest of us..saw a saying "Santa, define nice". ok, wasn't sure where to post this. Sorry to bother you all with these little things, BUT THESE ARE "HASSLES" (and we Hamiltons really hate hassles lol lol) ARE DRIVING ME NUTS. have xp/word 2003. in word, i set it so when i want to use an auto shape that "create your drawing here" doesn't pop up. for a while it stays that way, but then it changes back. same happens with auto correct. set a setting i want like auto bulleting/number is disabled, yeah it changes back after a while. so all you wise ones, your thoughts!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-2003-change-setting-but-they-change-back.968224/
Relevancy 31.82%

How color of cell automatically change with change of date. Say I have bunch of numbers, and each number has certain date of occurrence/arival, and if date exceed say <= 10 days, than color would be orange, if date is passed 20 days color would be green and if it passed more than 30 days color would deep Red. And this color will be change automatically with change of date? How do I do this in excel? message edited by SantanuBiswas

A:How color of cells change automatically with change of date.

See this How-Tohttp://www.computing.net/howtos/sho...And, Excel questions are best asked in the Office Software forum.MIKEhttp://www.skeptic.com/message edited by mmcconaghy

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/how-color-of-cells-change-automatically-with-change-of-date/20531.html
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi,

Is there a way that it automatically changes the desktop icons size when i change the resolution?

example:

Resolution: 1024 x 768
Desktop icon size: Medium icons

i want to change to:

Resolution: 800 x 600
Desktop icon size: Classic icons

Relevancy 31.82%

Trying to set up a FP monitor, and in the process I tried changing the bios setting from onboard AGP (flat panel wasn't working with this, had to add another video adapter card) to PCI, thinking I could change it back if ineffective. But now my display on the monitor that WAS working is black, so I can't undo my mistake.

How to undo damage??
Thanks.

A:bios change, now can't view monitor to change back

If you remove the battery on the mothernoard
for a minute or two, the BIOS loses it's
current settings and goes back to the defaults
that will work on any system. You'll have to
let it auto-detect hard drives and everything.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-change-now-cant-view-monitor-to-change-back.41574/
Relevancy 31.82%

hey guyss..i have problem with my computer....all my icon change to Windows media player and all target type change to EXE File...what should i do.....plzzz...
#sorry for my bad english..
Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit sp1

2 gb ram

A:All icon change to WMP and all target type change to EXE File

Hello Kechik Crew, and welcome to Seven Forums.

If you like, you could do a system restore using a restore point dated before this happened to undo and fix this quickly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/337645-all-icon-change-wmp-all-target-type-change-exe-file.html
Relevancy 31.39%

hi.which button to press to get out of standby (as none seems to work)and can i change it to mouse.

plus...on my other pc when shuting down i have 3 windows....standby...turn off..restart..on this one i have got to open a menu and pick (which i have to change each time i want it to do different)same as when starting up with my name/password(two boxes)instead of just a simple one(password) as in my other.

A:Solved: which key to press out of standby-can i change it...how do i change log in

Change the key used to wake up your machine in the system BIOS setup. You often have a choice of space-bar or mouse-click, but choosing space-bar on my machine allows any key to work. Look under "Wake on..." settings.

Or, give details of your machine if you are unable to find it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-which-key-to-press-out-of-standby-can-i-change-it-how-do-i-change-log-in.583482/
Relevancy 31.39%

I have a 240gb ssd and want to move my Downloads, Docs, Music ect.. to a bigger hard drive. When I access the files properties, then change location it changes them all to the same location? Any idea on how to move them without all files adjusting to same location?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/437886-why-when-i-change-my-file-location-all-folders-change.html
Relevancy 31.39%

I everyone I am a newbie to the forums. I was installing some new font packages the other day for photoshop and all of a sudden the font within some of my programs is now unreadable (looks like Tekton Pro, but very hard to read). I googled how to change font in windows 8 and was only able to change:
CaptionFont
IconFont
MenuFont
MessageFont
StatusFont

I changed all of these, but it did not change the font that is not readable! I have noticed that when I log into Facebook, the search bar font is also unreadable...

Does anyone know how to fix this?!

A:Mystery font change in Windows, how do I change it?

It looks like the font may be arial bold, and should be just arial. THe bold really makes things look fuzzy on the screen...

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/44054-mystery-font-change-windows-how-do-i-change.html
Relevancy 31.39%

Hello, my admin name is Mike and lets say my file path name is C:\Users\Mike\AppData and I want to change the name Mike to Chad which is easy but my file path still stays C:\Users\Mike\AppData how do I get it to change to C:\Users\Chad\AppData.

Thanks,

A:Change Admin Name doesnt change path name

Create a new account there is so much info linked to the old name its not simple to change

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/400999-change-admin-name-doesnt-change-path-name.html
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi all,

I installed BSPlayer, didn't like it, and decided to go back to using Divx player.
I have all the file associations sorted so all my video files run in Divx again, but the icons are still the same as they were for the BSPlayer.

I know its not a really big problem, but its annoying!!

Any help?

Matt.

A:Annoying icon change... change back?

In explorer try...
Tools > Folder options >File types >select the file extension you want to change the icon for then click on the Advanced button, then click on the Change Icon button.
See if the icon you want to use is there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/annoying-icon-change-change-back.300098/
Relevancy 31.39%

Ok, I have two ports for ram in my computer, i only have 512MB. I tryied adding a 256MB in the second slot to speed up my computer but when i turn on the computer it says that my ram exceeds the limit and wont boot up. I was just wondering if there is a way to change the limit of ram and if so how do i do it?

(I have a 30gb HD and a 1.4gh Processor with only 512mb of ram)

A:My computer wont let me add ram. How do i or can i change settings to change that?

You can go to Crucial and let them scan your computer and they will tell you how much
memory your computer should have.
http://crucial.com/#
You should buy your memory from the manufacturer of your computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-wont-let-me-add-ram-how-do-i-or-can-i-change-settings-to-change-that.895095/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hey all Tearing my hair out with "Failed execute to with GATHER" Upgrade failed my bit W to W pro upgrade here Setup gets to and then bombs out with quot Windows installation has failed quot The logs say - - Error Error while getting snapshot properties of fixed drive x - - Error Error while getting snapshot properties of fixed drive x - - Error Error while getting snapshot properties of fixed drive x - - Error Error while getting snapshot properties of fixed drive x - - Error Error while getting snapshot properties of Upgrade failed with "Failed to execute GATHER" fixed drive x - - Error Error Upgrade failed with "Failed to execute GATHER" while getting snapshot properties of fixed drive x - - Error Error while getting snapshot properties of fixed drive Upgrade failed with "Failed to execute GATHER" x - - Error Error while getting snapshot properties of fixed drive x - - Error Error READ x C while gathering applying object File C Windows Will return gle x d - - Error MIG Error while gathering object C Windows Shell application requested abort gle x d - - Error pUpgLayerDoMainGather Gather operation failed Error x C - - Error CONX Failed to execute GATHER gle x --------- Some of the things I have tried already SFC scannowChkdsk C f rDeleted all volume shadow copiesMade sure VSS and all associated services are runningVSSADMIN says all the writers are working okNo errors in the event log I have also done a repair install of W To think after all this time I may have well done a clean install but alas I still would like to upgrade this system I cant see why it wouldnt work However I am completely stumped - the log files dont seem to give me enough information about what the issue actually is Setup cant read the snapshot data however VSSADMIN can read the data perfectly fine so am not sure what W is talking about Just wondered if any experts on here might have any ideas

A:Upgrade failed with "Failed to execute GATHER"

Did you make the backup DVD?

You can make the ISO from exe.

Check this post by BillWindows.

Upgraded, but changed my mind (want clean install, help!)

Originally Posted by BillWindows

You should have an upgrade file on your desktop, click on that, it asks some questions and one of them is do you want to install later say yes, then another question do you want to create an ISO file just say yes, when it has created the ISO file, right click on it to burn it to a DVD.
Then boot from that to completely wipe your disk and reformat, make sure you have your key for when you start the installation. If you have a Windows Live account use that. Make sure you feel comfortable doing this and have anything you need backed up, this worked for me, I hope it works for you.

If you need to redownload, go to your email from Windows Strore, download from the link.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/10760-upgrade-failed-failed-execute-gather.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi. When I start up my computer,it says "protected by Avast".Its possible that this was there after I first instaled avast a few days after buying and using my computer.This computer had nortons internet security 2012 ipre installed when I bought it in June 2012.

I added these after I bought it:
1))avg free standalone linkscanner
2)avast free anti virus.

I let nortons run out then installed zonealarm free firewall antivirus.
I also had to uninstall avast back then too.

I decided that I wanted to go back to Nortons/avg linkscanner/avast so I uninstalled zonealarm (even though it was quite good-just preferred nortons)then installed nortons then avg linkscanner and tried to reinstall avast.I just left it with nortons and avast.

Can someone give me step by step instructions to remove "protected by avast"?

Thanks.

Have a Merry Christmas!

A:Change the message on start up.How do you change it?

Welcome to Seven Forums Danv12. You should run only one AV program at a time, either Avast or Norton. Use the removal tool for whichever you do not use:

Norton Removal Tool

Avast! Uninstall Utility

To disable the Avast message at boot:

Open Avast> Click on Settings at top right> Basic tab> Appearance> Uncheck Show welcome message on Windows boot screen (Windows 7 only)> OK

That should do it

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/270298-change-message-start-up-how-do-you-change.html
Relevancy 30.1%

hi

if i change my wall in one computer, why its change in another computer ?
i have same user in both.
how to set Different wall in each computer ?

thanks

A:i change my wall in my computer, why its change in another

this is normal , your info is store on Microsoft server, so when you log with the same user name on a different pc, you have the same background

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/12931-i-change-my-wall-my-computer-why-its-change-another.html
Relevancy 30.1%

I'm looking for a way to change the background color of windows, menu fonts, etc. In XP there was a way to right click on desktop and go into advance display settings. Can someone point me the way on how to do this in 7? Thanks

A:How to change fonts for menus and change --->

Rt Click Desktop
Personalize
Window Color
Advanced Appearance

Not fully "reflected" if Aero is enabled

Window Color and Appearance - Change

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/22765-how-change-fonts-menus-change.html
Relevancy 30.1%

i am not very computer literate. but i found a nice simple theme i like and when i apply it my task bar and start menu just go plain. the application is mycolors from stardock and i am applying it to windows vista. i have tried to get help from theyr forums, but i figure cant hurt to post here to. pleeeees any suggestions? http://img121.imageshack.us/i/1282011101728am.png/

A:cant change task bar with theme change

right click desktop, personalise, windows colour, item, active title bar, choose colour ,apply

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-change-task-bar-with-theme-change.977525/
Relevancy 30.1%

IE 6.0
I have a user on an imaged pc - who wants her fonts larger in IE
I changed in the IE registry to medium - logged in as user -
but the change won't "stick" - it goes back to smaller font
also when changing font size via "View/Text Size/Medium"
this will not stay either? any ideas -
The Administrator IE Font Default size is medium already - but
does not carry over to the "user"
thanks
ll

A:Change IE Font Size - can't change

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisalam

IE 6.0
I have a user on an imaged pc - who wants her fonts larger in IE
I changed in the IE registry to medium - logged in as user -
but the change won't "stick" - it goes back to smaller font
also when changing font size via "View/Text Size/Medium"
this will not stay either? any ideas -
The Administrator IE Font Default size is medium already - but
does not carry over to the "user"
thanks
ll

Maybe take a look at this.Have to copy and paste into address bar. If this don't help go to Google and type for search "Fonts will not stick in IE".

http://www.thennews.com/a/n41/Font%20size%20won't%20stick%20in%20IE6%20XP%20SP2.php

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/change-ie-font-size-cant-change-97395.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi all,

Due to the motherboard's PS2 socket (KB nd mouse) was broken, so I need to use the USB (KB and mouse) instead. It's ok for general operation. However when I want to change some setting in BIOS (MB), it just let me enter BIOS setup screen then I can't do anything (because the keyboard no response at all). I've try cool boot the computer many times then press the "del" key but it just me enter the BIOS and do nothing. Pls HELP and advise what to do.

Is there any program I can use to change the BIOS (MB) setting in windows. many thx.

The Motherboard I am using is Asus A7M266

Relevancy 30.1%

I have windows 10 x64 home installation. I noticed, that despite I have enabled option "auto-change color scheme" (I have non-english installation so the name may differ), but it's only happening when I'm setting wallpapers manually. If it's changing with slideshow, the color scheme remains the same.

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/41186-auto-change-color-scheme-doesnt-change-colors-slideshow.html