Windows Support Forum

Order of installing SP3 and Windows Updates

Q: Order of installing SP3 and Windows Updates

I have delayed upgrading to SP3 but I have been installing the subsequent XP security updates. I am now about to install SP3 but it has occurred to me, will I have any problems if I install SP3 on top of the Windows updates that came out after SP3?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Order of installing SP3 and Windows Updates

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Order of installing SP3 and Windows Updates

You shouldn't have any problems installing SP3. I recently downloaded SP3 myself. I didn't have any problems.

When you download something like SP3 it will replace files, if it needs to, to make the proper install.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/order-of-installing-sp3-and-windows-updates.115657/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hey everyone,

I'm preparing for a Windows 7 slip stream install using RT 7 Lite following this tutorial:
Slipstream Windows 7 SP1 into a Installation DVD or ISO File

Does anyone who has experience with this know if there's a required order to applying the updates on the slip stream?

Another tutorial mentions that another program, NTLite, will apply the updates in the preferred order:
https://www.raymond.cc/blog/create-a...-install-disc/

Is this the same case for RT 7 Lite or even something to be concerned about?

Thanks in advance

A:Windows 7 Slipstream - Order to applying updates?

There are limitations on using a slipstreamed Win7 installer for Repair Install and certain other uses, so if at all possible I'd find a download w/SP1 following the suggestions in Step 1 of Clean Reinstall Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/374481-windows-7-slipstream-order-applying-updates.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello,

Sorry to post a new thread but the old one " [Tecra A10 - Installation order for XP|http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=45611] " being closed and my question relates to the same topic.

I got hold of a Tecra A10 PTSB0A-002001 and I would like to install XP SP3 on it so the order in which to install Toshiba additionnal drivers is very useful. Thank you Ivan25 for that information.

Toshiba also include a Java Runtime Environment 2 package which I was planning to replace by a JSE 7. I would like to know in which order it has to be installed?

Furthermore, after installing XP SP3 there are still hundreds of Windows updates to apply, should those Windows updates be installed straight after XP SP3 setup or after Toshiba drivers?

Thank you in advance for your help

Cheers
Eric

Message was edited by: ebouge

A:Tecra A10 - Installation order for XP, additional Windows updates and JRE

Java Runtime Environment 2 package can be installed after installation of all common drivers and tools? Java Runtime Environment isn?t essential part if it comes to install other drivers and tools and therefore it?s not very important when the package would be installed.

You have to install all the Win XP updates after the installation of Toshiba drivers and utilities.
During the update installation, the notebook needs to be rebooted several times and the whole procedure would take some time?

However, from my point of few, Win XP isn?t the best choice now since the Microsoft does not provide any support for this system now?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?80809-Tecra-A10-Installation-order-for-XP-additional-Windows-updates-and-JRE
Relevancy 60.63%

Wondering if there are any sites or recommendations you folks would have regarding the correct install order of Windows Updates, for 98 and XP. I would also like to be able to download all of those updates for safe-keeping on a USB hard drive which I could take to clients on repairs. What are your recommendations? I seem to find no clear-cut information on how to install these, and in what order, and which ones are THE most-important to install in order to not get hacked while online. The dumb thing I did the other day was reinstall XP on a customer's computer, and XP didn't discover his NIC properly. Used a modem to access the 'net to get the driver, and would you believe, in that amount of time, his comp was infected with the Welchia virus. So you can see my quandry...

thanks in advance

A:Windows Critical Updates: Download and Install Order Advice

There is this thread here but no answer on the install order but like you want. Going by the date of the update. is all I can think of.

http://forums.techguy.org/t176492/s.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-critical-updates-download-and-install-order-advice.187665/
Relevancy 59.77%

Windows Pro Biostar TZ XE I have been able to quot successfully quot boot the CD Drive into UEFI mode to install Windows onto my new TB SSHD but I run into the error were it stats that the partitions are not in 10 correct in on Windows order? GPT disk, partitions not Installing the recommended order when the ONLY partitions on the disk are the primary and the quot protective MBR Installing Windows 10 on GPT disk, partitions not in correct order? quot before it at slot Now when I am in windows for the first time everything seems fine but as soon as I restart after doing basic setup I run into an issue where I cannot browse any partitions I try to open quot This PC quot but it acts like it Installing Windows 10 on GPT disk, partitions not in correct order? is indexing indefinitely and I never see the drive listing It looks like Windows may not be appropriately setting the order for the partitions I included a screenshot of the setup below Is this incorrect How would I be able to correct the issue At the moment I left my original installation on my TB HHD intact so that I can still have an operating PC and find out some info on this I literally never heard of GPT or at least remember it before a couple days ago

A:Installing Windows 10 on GPT disk, partitions not in correct order?

Are you trying to do a clean install of Windows 10 or an upgrade? If a clean install, then boot from the Windows 10 USB or DVD and select the Custom install option. Delete all the partitions on the drive, then select the unallocated space to install to.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/39918-installing-windows-10-gpt-disk-partitions-not-correct-order.html
Relevancy 58.05%

How do I installing something during the Windows Setup Menu's Installing features and Installing updates? John

A:Installing Updates and Installing features part of windows setup menu

Please correct your sentence. It is not readable.

How do you do what during that phase of install? You don't need to do anything except wait.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/108981-installing-updates-installing-features-part-windows-setup-menu.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi To give you some back story I built my computer the Updates Installing) Not on Error (Sits Installing : Windows Unknown end of August Windows Updates Not Installing : Error Unknown (Sits on Installing) Ran Smoothly I decided to get a gig SSD to be the partition that stored Windows I didnt have much stored on the Main HD so I deleted my original TB HD and tried installing on the SSD found that the SSD was bad and sent it back Decided just to stick with the TB HD Had some issues installing windows back onto the HD as it would just hang up Finally managed to get windows installed had some quot Not genuine quot issues but that resolved after multiple restarts That brings me to where I am at today and I feel as though the system has been getting worse I would normally be fine with just a clean install but with all the issues I had with that initially I am very skeptical of trying it again I have important updates and optional updates all of which do not install The Installer just sits on Downloading updates and I have left it overnight with still no result I am not sure if this is even my main issue but I am beyond the point of figuring it out myself so any help would be appreciated I downloaded the System Readiness Tool and it Ran I tried running the sfc scannow in Admin cmd prompt mode and get a quot Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation quot I attached my CBS file Any help Windows Updates Not Installing : Error Unknown (Sits on Installing) you could give or guidance you can provide would be greatly appreciated

A:Windows Updates Not Installing : Error Unknown (Sits on Installing)

Hello and welcome Faticus just as matter of interest why did you give up on the SSD? was not it under warranty?

That is heck of a drive to be installing on mate just how did you prepare it for the install?

You can run a chkdsk in Windows too > My Computer > right click on the drive > Properties > Tools > Check now - then follow the points in my pic.
You then reboot and it will start a chkdsk (in DOS).

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/275545-windows-updates-not-installing-error-unknown-sits-installing.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Windows updates keeps installing/reinstalling the same update over and over again. I looked in my update history and it shows that they are installed successfully every time. What should I do and is this using space on my laptop by re-installing over and over again?

A:Solved: Windows updates keeps installing/re-installing the same update over and over

It is not using any space. Right-click the ones you already have and hide them so they don't come back.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-updates-keeps-installing-re-installing-the-same-update-over-and-over.1022585/
Relevancy 55.04%

I did search out this problem...very old posts recommended I start a new thread.

For the last 2 weeks every time I shut down automatic install...installs the same 8 updates.

I'd appreciate any help in solving this problem.

Thanks,
Toni

A:Windows 7 Updates keeps installing same 8 updates over and over

Which updates, and do you have any other odd symptoms?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/248662-windows-7-updates-keeps-installing-same-8-updates-over-over.html
Relevancy 54.61%

The Windows Photo Viewer will not display photos in the order they are sorted by Windows Explorer.
This is not referring to the slide show feature, just the forward and back arrows.
The only order pictures can be viewed is by name despite Windows Explorer being set at view by date, ascending.
I have repaired Microsoft Live Essentials, uninstalled and reinstalled but the issue remains.
This is also not an issue with photo tags or photo names.
Windows Explorer sorts as selected but click a picture in the middle to view, click the forward arrow and instead of the next date picture being viewed, the next name picture is viewed.

A:Windows Photo Viewer; sorting order not the same as view order

Hi!

I upgraded to Windows 10 recently as well, I have the same problem and I also have a solution. However, I do not know, if it is ideal. :-)

What is obviously missing is an entry in the registry called DropTarget. This entry tells Windows Photo Viewer to display the images in the sorting order of the folder Photo Viewer got called from.

Non-solution:
I saw that at least in my registry there is a DropTarget defined in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\photoviewer.dll\shell\open\DropTarget. From the name of the key and from reading the docs this looks as if it would be applied to all calls to this program, but -if that actually is the case- for me this entry does not work. It has been there (at least) after my Windows 10 upgrade, also the "Clsid"="{FFE2A43C-56B9-4bf5-9A79-CC6D4285608A}" seems to be fine, but it does not do the job.

Solution:
For me, this problem was present for jpg and png files, but not for bmp, dib, gif, jfif and what else can be opened with Windows Photo Viewer. To fix this, I have added the following to the Windows Registry:

Code:
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\jpegfile\shell\open\DropTarget]
"Clsid"="{FFE2A43C-56B9-4bf5-9A79-CC6D4285608A}"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\pngfile\shell\open\DropTarget]
"Clsid"="{FFE2A43C-56B9-4bf5-9A79-CC6D4285608A}"
After you added that to the registry, rightclick a jpg file, select "Open with", choose Windows Photo Viewer and click "Always open with this app". This step is not intended to actually change the program you are using (actually the program stays the same), but it makes Windows reload the file associations.

If afterwards you open a jpg or a png file, the sorting order should be the same as it was in your folder - at least it was for me.

Final thoughts:
I would be happy, if I got it working using the key Applications\photoviewer.dll\shell\open\DropTarget I mentioned above, but that is only a technical detail. Fact is: With the jpegfile and pngfile DropTarget posted above it's working!

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/12946-windows-photo-viewer-sorting-order-not-same-view-order.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have 400+ photos, all are in the same order by date created and by name, so no matter which way I sort them--by name or date created-- they are in the same order. When i view them with microsoft office picture manager, some of them -- about 20, at random throughout the list -- are out of order.

suggestions?

Relevancy 54.18%

Hello All,

I was referred here by NeonFx from the TechGuy Security forum. He had me run a slew of anti-virus/anti-spyware diagnostics. According to NeonFx my system is currently infection free and he states the problem lies elsewhere.

He also had me run the Windows Update FixIt tool in both Default and Aggressive mode - both of which did not fix the problem. So what is the problem??

PROBLEM:

When I run the install Windows updates, the updates do not install, and I receive the following message (not verbatim, but close):

"Some updates were unable to be installed..."

This problem "came out of no where" and there has been no suspicious activity prior to it starting other than an IE7 redirect rootkit that NeonFx helped me remove (if I recall correctly an infection of agp440)...

Stumped, stumped and stumped...

A:Problem Installing Windows Updates: "Some Updates Were Unable to be Installed"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-installing-windows-updates-some-updates-were-unable-to-be-installed.924046/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have the following Important (including Recommended) Windows Updates and have a few questions before I start.

Yes, I know some of them are a bit old. I will probably not bother with the "Malicious Software Removal Tool" and would do SP1 last.

(a) should I do the Updates in any particular order?
(b) and, one at a time or several?
(c) are any likely to be problematic?
( d ) don't some of those .NET framework ones supersede others or does WU sort that out?
(e) will I get a load more appearing in the list after doing these?

A:What order of Updates, and one at a time?

Here is one opinion: Advice please on best way to install updates for Windows 7

I usually let Windows install whatever it has selected. Sometimes the WU process will get things out of order and that causes updates to fail. No big deal, those failing updates should install in subsequent attempts.

The two .NET updates that you highlighted patch different things.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/382116-what-order-updates-one-time.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Do Vista updates need to be downloaded in a certain order I just got a new laptop and it needed a variety of Win updates to be dowloaded right away Vista Home Premium SP on an HP laptop gig ram gH processor mb HD Some were recommended some were critical and some optional They were dated from through the present I just began the download and after it was over my computer would no longer cold boot It hung during the startup and had to be restared in order to get it to load It was suggested that the updates may have been downloaded or installed in the quot wrong order quot causing the glitch I can t find anything about this at MS I exchanged that computer for a new one yesterday - it was only days old - and haven t gotten any updates for the new quot new quot one yet My questions - should I get these in any order Are critical updates? downloading Win Order for more important to do first - or is the actual date of the update release the important factor Or should I do them one at a time and check each to see if there was a problem with it I don t want to run into the issue again if it was the cause of the lock-up Any help will be appreciated Thanks TN nbsp

A:Order for downloading Win updates?

Do only the "critical" ones and then do SP1. The critical ones may need to be done in groups of about 6-8 at a time, starting with the oldest or the Top of the listing.

The others are based on different hardware and software that MAY be on the machine.
For any drivers I would be going the OEM site, for updates.

As for the recommended ones, you need to have a look at each one to see if it applies to you and your machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/order-for-downloading-win-updates.716422/
Relevancy 53.75%

I realize this isn't a major problem, but it's something that irks me and I was wondering if it was possible to fix.

I recently reset my laptop back to factory setting and before that I could've sworn that the XP updates I installed were listed in the Add/Remove Program list in alphabetical/numerical order. It made it easy to see which updates I installed.

I reinstalled the patches and at first they were listed in order, but suddenly the order just randomly changed. My list is set to sort by name, but it doesn't have any effect on Windows Program Updates list. I installed everything going from oldest to newest so it should've stayed in order, but it didn't.

Is there anyway to get it back in order?

Relevancy 53.75%

The hard drive on my five-year old Dell crashed and I will be re-installing the OS on a new hard drive. Of course, my original disk is a Service Pack 1. Anyone know what order I should be downloading the Microsoft updates? Should I install Service Pack 2 first?

A:XP Install - Order of Updates

yep, install SP2 first, then update.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-install-order-of-updates.625658/
Relevancy 52.89%

I had been hesitant to upgrade to IE amp then SP but now realize that I have to install them and it's been long enough since their initial release -- but I want to run a few things past the experts on this site before I do Since IE showed up on the WU list on I've ignored it not hidden it turned off automatic installs to avoid WU installing IE and not installed any updates save Windows Defender definition updates but nothing new showed up in the WU list anyway -- only SP when IE is hidden These are the most recent updates via WU that have been installed on my system ignoring Windows Defender Definition updates Update for Windows Vista KB Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - May KB Update for Windows Mail Junk E-mail Filter May KB Security Update for Windows Vista What & SP2) Install Should (includes Order In IE8 I Updates These KB Security Update for Windows Vista KB Update for Windows Mail Junk E-mail Filter April KB Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - April KB Security Update for Windows Vista KB Security Update for Windows Vista KB Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows Vista KB Strange thing about the first three updates is that I had turned off automatic installs to avoid WU installing IE I didn't install them manually but yet they show up in quot update history quot Are some updates just too important that they'll get installed immediately regardless of user setting or what On I received new Windows Updates including what appears to be a new update for IE MB as opposed MB for the earlier version Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows Vista KB Internet Explorer for Windows Vista Security Update for Windows Vista KB Security Update for Windows Vista KB Security Update for Windows Vista KB Update Rollup for ActiveX Killbits for Windows Vista KB Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - June KB Cumulative Update for Media Center for Windows Vista KB Update for Windows Mail Junk E-mail Filter June KB Security Update for Microsoft Works KB My concern is In What Order Should I Install These Updates (includes IE8 & SP2) that I may have strayed from MS's planned timeline of upgrades for IE amp Vista I had avoided IE and thus not been allowed by WU to update to Vista SP Would this cause problems for subsequent updates Do I install all the latest Windows Updates before I install IE amp SP or just the one update for IE then install IE SP and then the rest of the updates Should I install IE amp SP via Windows Update or the stand alone versions Also should I install MS Silverlight It's been on my Windows Update list as optional since I have not installed it since I'm always wary of optional MS software But now it seems that I may need it for when I upgrade to IE I need advice on how to proceed from here to install all the necessary or useful updates IE and Vista SP to end up with a stable and hopefully faster improved system

A:In What Order Should I Install These Updates (includes IE8 & SP2)

Hello Severed, and welcome to Vista Forums.

I would recommend to install IE8 first, then the SP2 standalone afterwards. Next, check and install any remaining Windows Updates a few at a time to avoid a possible conflict with them during a restart.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/232162-what-order-should-i-install-these-updates-includes-ie8-sp2.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello everyone,
I reinstalled XP on a pc yesterday and am having some problems with Windows Updates.

My question is two fold:
1. Is there a specific order in which we can update an XP machine without problems (generally)?
2. Is it possible to create a DVD with an update package so we don't have to connect to the Windows Update website?

I tried to download and install IE8 to make the update process easier, but that required another update, but I was unable to get that from the Update site.

A:Order of updates for XP clean install

Hi run windows update it will download things as it needs them,you can get the service packs
Download Windows XP Service Pack 1a Express Install (32-Bit) for End Users from Official Microsoft Download Center
Download Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 (32-bit x86) - ISO-9660 CD Image File from Official Microsoft Download Centre
How to download Windows XP SP3

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/order-of-updates-for-xp-clean-install-691440.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I saw a post by Noel where he told the OP to install by Date, not KB# which reminded me of a question I've had for quite some time. Are updates generally listed in order of 'Importance' or 'Date' or what?

Right now I'm down to 6 updates left to do. They're all .NET Framework from the 7/9/13 list of updates & in clicking on the "More info button" they're all 7/9 & there are 4 listed for 3.5.1, then 2 listed for 4. I've read something about it's best to install these type one at a time, is that true? If so, that's 6 re-boots in a row if I were to do them all now which I kinda thought about since it's already 2 weeks past Patch Tuesday. I'm also assuming that all the Framework 3.5.1 should be done before the Framework 4.

Thanks.

A:Installation order of list of updates

The KB Number is generated at the start of a project - and as a results bears only some resemblance to the order in which patches are released, since some patches take longer to develop, test and approve, than others.

I generally do .NET update in increasing order by version, then date
e.g for XP, do all v1.1 then v2/3.5 - for Win7, all 3.5, then 4.5 (I've uninstalled 4.0, as it seemed always to create more problems than any other version)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/298568-installation-order-list-updates.html
Relevancy 52.46%

When I was having problems with KB and going thru solutions it drove me nuts trying to find if I had certain updates installed from the Installed List in Windows since they are not in numerical order Contol Panel gt a List In Get of Order Numeric Installed to How Updates Uninstall A How to Get a List of Installed Updates In Numeric Order Program gt View Installed Updates I finally figured out where to find How to Get a List of Installed Updates In Numeric Order a numerical list which I could check much easier in determining if the updates required in some solutions were installed How to Get a List of Installed Updates In Numeric Order on my pc Install Belarc Advisor Run and open Belarc Advisor At the bottom of the opening page of BA click on quot click here to see all installed hotfixes quot - a numeric order list Just to be sure all were there I printed this list and manually compared it to my Control Panel Installed Updates one time I then had a numerical list to compare to all the KB's required for installation of KB Much easier for this simple brain than remembering a number and looking for it jumbled list Hopefully this will help some of you in the future particularly if MS continues to issue and pull back updates the way they have been

A:How to Get a List of Installed Updates In Numeric Order

You can also open the Admin Command Prompt and type:
wmic qfe list full /format:htable > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\hotfix.html"

The above will create an HTML file in table format on your desktop.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/54064-how-get-list-installed-updates-numeric-order.html
Relevancy 52.46%

after I installed windows Xp should I install the drivers first? or Service Pack 2 first?

It my first time building a computer so I 'm not really sure thanks

A:installing order

it's drivers then service packs. Get Your PC Ready for Windows XP SP2

as for the drivers, install the chipset drivers first, as peripheral device drivers (video/audio/etc...) have to communicate through the n/s chipsets they may not work properly (or less than optimum performance).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installing-order-78403.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Recently I booted up an old Windows PC which has not been updated since February I tried to search for updates to install them but Windows will not search for updates Other Steam users reported the same issue as well It seems that Microsoft is intentionally nerfing Windows to get people to upgrade to Windows If that's the case should I just retire Windows and upgrade the old machine to Windows I know that Windows will update much faster and boot faster as well but will I run into any issues with drivers on outdated hardware I Windows 7 installing updates PC not Old have a bunch of bloatware such as Cyberlink PowerDVD which I really don't need anymore My parents will be using it at their residence and I will be using it from time to time during visits Specs Model HP Pavilion Elite HPE- T CPU i - GHz Mobo Pegatron X Truckee RAM GB MHz GPU GTX Old Windows 7 PC not installing updates SC HDD OCZ ARC series GB SSD Seagate Barracuda TB HDD PSU Corsair Old Windows 7 PC not installing updates CX M OS Windows Home Premium -bit

A:Old Windows 7 PC not installing updates

Both pc seem to be reasonably up to date so there should be no problems with win 10 time is running out so I would update as soon as possible you can always role back if you need to us the download its faster and gives you more control https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/soft...load/windows10

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-7-a/130044-old-windows-7-pc-not-installing-updates.html
Relevancy 52.46%

The following updates are not installing on my Windows bit laptop KB KB KB I have tried everything from Ccleaner to the Readiness Tool 7 Updates not Windows installing and scanned my SFC files and got this Checking Windows Servicing Packages Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs Checking Package Watchlist Checking Component Watchlist Checking Packages Windows 7 Updates not installing f CBS MUM Missing x servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e x mum f CBS MUM Missing x servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e x mum f CBS MUM Missing x servicing Packages Package for KB SP bf ad e x mum f CBS MUM Missing x servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e x mum Checking Component Store f CSI Payload File Missing x Kalimba mp x microsoft-windows-musicsamples bf ad e none aa ab b f CSI Payload File Missing x desktop ini x microsoft-windows-musicsamples bf ad e none aa ab b f CSI Payload File Missing x Maid with the Flaxen Hair mp x microsoft-windows-musicsamples bf ad e none aa ab b f CSI Payload File Missing x Sleep Away mp x microsoft-windows-musicsamples bf ad e none aa ab b f CSI Payload File Missing x Clip sec VC mbps wmv x microsoft-windows-winsatmediasamples bf ad e none af e c e f CSI Payload File Missing x Clip sec mbps h mp x microsoft-windows-winsatmediasamples bf ad e none af e c e f CSI Payload File Missing x winsat wmv x microsoft-windows-winsatmediasamples bf ad e none af e c e f CSI Payload File Missing x Clip sec MPEG HD mbps mpg x microsoft-windows-winsatmediasamples bf ad e none af e c e f CSI Payload File Missing x Clip sec mbps h mp x microsoft-windows-winsatmediasamples bf ad e none af e c e f CSI Payload File Missing x winsatencode wmv x microsoft-windows-winsatmediasamples bf ad e none af e c e f CSI Payload File Missing x Clip i sec mbps new mpg x microsoft-windows-winsatmediasamples bf ad e none af e c e f CSI Payload File Missing x Clip p sec mbps new mpg x microsoft-windows-winsatmediasamples bf ad e none af e c e f CSI Payload File Missing x desktop ini x microsoft-windows-videosamples bf ad e none f f a ec f CSI Payload File Missing x Wildlife wmv x microsoft-windows-videosamples bf ad e none f f a ec f CSI Payload File Missing x Koala jpg x microsoft-windows-photosamples bf ad e none f e e d f CSI Payload File Missing x Jellyfish jpg x microsoft-windows-photosamples bf ad e none f e e d f CSI Payload File Missing x SampleRes dll x microsoft-windows-photosamples bf ad e none f e e d f CSI Payload File Missing x desktop ini x microsoft-windows-photosamples bf ad e none f e e d f CSI Payload File Missing x Desert jpg x microsoft-windows-photosamples bf ad e none f e e d f CSI Payload File Missing x Lighthouse jpg x microsoft-windows-photosamples bf ad e none f e e d f CSI Payload File Missing x Tulips jpg x microsoft-windows-photosamples bf ad e none f e e d f CSI Payload File Missing x Chrysanthemum jpg x microsoft-windows-photosamples bf ad e none f e e d f CSI Payload File Missing x Hydrangeas jpg x microsoft-windows-photosamples bf ad e none f e e d f CSI Payload File Missing x Penguins jpg x microsoft-windows-photosamples bf ad e none f e e d f CSI Payload File Missing x desktop ini x microsoft-windows-ehome-samplemedia bf ad e none a b fb adc cc f CSI Payload File Missing x win scenic-demoshort raw wtv x microsoft-windows-ehome-samplemedia bf ad e none a b fb adc cc f CSI Payload File Missing x boot sdi x microsoft-windows-winre-recoverytools bf ad e none d e fcf b Summary Seconds executed Found errors CSI Payload File Missing Total count CBS MUM Missing Total count Unavailable repair files servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e x mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e x mum servicing packages Package for KB SP bf ad e x mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e x mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e x cat servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e x cat servicing packages Package for KB SP bf ad e x cat servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e x cat Can anyone help me with this... Read more

A:Windows 7 Updates not installing

By the looks of it, you've been using Advanced System Destruction Care.

I'll post a fix for the package errors a bit later, and a second for the payload files after that. (Have to set up a different VM for x86)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/340109-windows-7-updates-not-installing.html
Relevancy 52.46%

hi Guys... I last night did a repair install of windows XP after having graphics driver problems, new installation works well, but after downloading critical updates(89 of them) it will not instal them. I have tried again, retried, tried installing one at a time, both with firewall and virus sofware on and off... the ambiguous message I get from windows upon failure of installation is... something on your computer is stopping update instal..etc.. well DUR!!! smiles... can anyone point me in the right direction?? oh.. and I use second life.. even with all drivers working, second life refuses to load, saying that my graphics drivers are not up to date or supported, even though they worked fine until 2 days ago... sorrry for the long post.. I'm patiently trawling my way through every piece of advice I can get... ty in anticipation.. Huskym6

A:Windows XP not installing updates

hello

now this is just for starters

now what i need to do is go to your (device manager)

now once there you will want to select from the toolbar of the window(veiw) then a drop down menu / from it you will select (show all hidden devices)

now if you see any (red or yellow) quotation marks , make a note of what they

now go to the (event veiwer) this is thru the (administrator tools) in the control panel
here you will find 3 to 4 subcatagories

you will want to check each of them for this is where windows keeps track of all errors
now you will want to make notes of the errors that have been recorded ( you do not have to make notes of double entries just of the dates of their happenings & how many there is)
you will get more information on the errors if you (right) click them / then select properties

------------------------------------
also
------------------------------------

do you have a Windows Xp cd, not the restore cd's that come with some systems, the cd will have the Windows logo & 3D hollowgram/image on it

if you do not maybe you can barrow one from a friend/family member/co-worker as long as it is the same version that is on your system

if you have (Windows XP Home Ed. sp2 ) then the cd will have to be that / if you have a cd with (Windows XP Home Ed. )you will have to slipstream (SP2 ) onto a disk that you create

this also applies to (Windows XP Professsional )

http://www.helpwithwindows.com/Windo...p2-bootcd.html

now if you do have the Windows XP cd with sp2 please follow these steps

--------------------------------------------

performing a (sfc) system file checker

It is a scan that checks the core files & dlls of the (os) operating system and replaces them if they are corrupt or missing with the correct original version

start

#1 then select (run) , then press enter
a window will open
#2 type in ( cmd ) then press enter
another window will open
#3 type in ( sfc )then press enter
another window will open
#4 type in (sfc /purgecache) then enter / your pc will work like crazy / this helps in rebuiding the cache file (notice the space between (sfc & /)
#5 type in (sfc /scannow ) then press enter ( notice the space between the (sfc & / )

now a scan will start , have your (Windows XP software disk ready ) your pc may ask for this disc when it starts or during the scan( so you must sit with the pc while this scan functions ) , if it does then incert the cd into one of your cd/rom/player's , your pc will then reconnize it and continue , you will then have to minimize the splash screen for the cd to see the scan , when the scan is finished you will need to close the cd and all open windows , then remove the cd

you will then need to do a ( Disk Cleanup ) , then empty the caches & temp files thru the (Internet Options) , then do a defrag

restart your pc

then do a defrag again after the reboot

----------------------------------------------
also
----------------------------------------------

now this is the process

a (sfc) is a windows scanner that is directed at the core system files & dll's

it scans only these files & dll's to see if they have been corrupted or replaced by (maleware/spyware/trojans/ viruses/ ect..that are designed to mask themselves as part of the operating system and cause havic or send information/data to it maker /originator

now i do know that during this process that these 2 patches/hotfix's will be knocked out

KB902400 & KB914440

to wich can be easily reinstalled by downloading them from the download center at microsoft / since microsoft is always creating patches & fix's for the software to solve issues they placemant & page that they are on will change / when downloading them you can save them for fucture use and reinstalling / just make a file and put them into it / one will ask to have the system rebooted ( yes ) the other simply ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-not-installing-updates-226350.html
Relevancy 52.46%

My computer is supposed to update itself automatically, but the little yellow shield keeps appearing in the taskbar saying it's downloading updates, but then disappearing almost straight away. I've no idea if it's downloading updates or not.

Obviously I'm a bit worried. If anyone knows what would cause this or how I could bypass it I'd be *very* grateful.

Okay, edit. I can now access Windows Update manually and it turns out I'm missing lots of security updates, which my computer should have downloaded automatically. It hasn't. Any ideas why this could be?

Thanks.

-Emma

A:I don't think my Windows Updates are installing

See if this will be of any help:

http://www.amset.info/windows/auto-updates.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-dont-think-my-windows-updates-are-installing.518623/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello,
I have a dell e7250 laptop that refuses to install updates (specifically IE11 and it's prerequisites). I have ensured that the laptop is in the proper OU in AD to receive updates.  I have restarted the Windows Update service and run wuauclt
/resetauthorization /detectnow.  I have tried to install IE11 manually but it fails out as the prerequisites will not install.  I have been receiving code 80073701 and for IE 9C59.  My research shows that SP1 has been improperly installed
or is corrupted.  We would like to avoid rebuilding this machine from scratch as it is in a remote location. 

Does anyone have a solution other than wiping the machine and starting from scratch?

Thanks,
Leanna

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3974d88b-bb5b-4017-b5ab-872f59149b10/windows-updates-not-installing?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 52.46%

hello,I am having some issues with windows update. The last couple weeks every time i shut down my laptop, there is a message in the screen " installing updates 1/1". I must let you know that in the past i always had my laptop on sleep mode, as a result i missed some updates. Moreover, sometimes because i was in a hurry despite the fact that windows mentioned that i must not power off the laptop when installing updates, i did. Thank you for your time and patience

A:windows keeps installing updates

The hack that I am I'd system restore before that point. There's probably a smarter more elaborate way of doing things. When you do restore it will try to update again I think.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/612796/windows-keeps-installing-updates/
Relevancy 52.46%

Ive recently come across a problem all starting after using windows xp disc to recover from a virus that made the pc not log in (some virus called ntso.exe which i got rid of)....
I used the windows xp disc with SP2 to do a non destructive install which kept all my files but had to reinstall gfx drivers / sound / mobo chipset and ai gear for asus mobo.
I then came across the problem , windows update says it was downloading , downloaded then said "express install" so I did install them but after about a minute it says error installing these updates and just closes and then update.exe keeps coming on and off in processes.

If anyone can help me solve this id be gratefull as its getting on my nerves.

Relevancy 52.46%

Windows notifies me that there are updates available. When I select to install the updates it takes a long time and I get a message stating that windows has detected that my computer is running on battery power and to plug my computer into an outlet. I get this message even when my computer is plugged into an AC outlet at the beginnig of the update dowload attept.

What could be the problem? I had to have Windows 7 reinstalled on my computer by someone at a local charitable company but I've noticed little weird things that didn't happen when I had my original version. Internet sessions closing suddenly and cursor skipping around the page eventhough I updated my touchpad drivers.

Any help with these issues is greatly apprecieated

A:Windows Updates not installing

At the outset you could seek the help of the person who installed Windows 7. That said the other way out is to reinstall Windows 7 with your original genuine DVD yourself.

But before you do that, please check that the installed copy of Windows 7 is genuine. If you find that it is genuine then please make the downloading and installation of the updates automatic. Wait for a day or two and check if all the updates are installed. If yes then leave the settings as they are and take no further action except keep using the computer normally.

If not then please reinstall Windows as suggested in the opening para.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/213923-windows-updates-not-installing.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi Everyone!
My Windows Vista updates arent installing. Whenever i try to manually update it, it gives the following error:
Windows could not search for new updates
Errors found:
Code 800736B1

Any help please?!!! Thank You!

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi All I m not sure if I m in the right catagory for this question Slap my hands if I am I m far from being a computer Guru more or less a computer Dork I m using Win XP and ie explorer I under stand what Win updates are OK But am concerned about updating to service Pak because I have heard about a lot of problems with it and folks having to do a complete re install after updating etc I have had a icon in my task that keeps popping up and saying Up dates are ready for your computer Click icon to install these updates I have a fear that one of them may be Service Pak and I don t want to install it at this time I m also a afraid that it will start an Automaitc updates? windows Installing install of the updates I do have Service Pak that I ordered from MS but don t want to mess with it at this time either My question is Is there a way I can find out just what updates they before getting stuck with a Auto install I can t stop if I click on the icon As told by others I have went to Control Panel and opened WIn updates and it says I have Installing windows updates? updates Installing windows updates? ready for install but it doesn t say what they are Am open for any advice or Help how I find out what updates they are before installing them Thanks Anyone Swaneyjoe nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

Having a problem with a Dell XPS and hoping someone here has the answer as I seem to SP1 7 not installing updates Windows have tried many potential fixes Windows 7 SP1 updates not installing without success Originally tried to install Office but it got about of the way through and through up an error I think Further investigation showed that my windows updates seem to have stopped installing as well I followed lots of advise on many websites but still had the problem Eventually I restored the pc back to factory settings which included a format to remove any problem Much to my surprise I am still having exactly the same issues so far I have tried the following - carried out numerous Microsoft quot Fix it quot programs ran sfc scannow turned off Mcafee booted the pc in quot clean quot mode carried out repair of Net framework uninstalled and reloaded Net framework reregistered update files stopped and restarted BITS ran the system update readiness tool renamed the software distribution folder Cleared the BITS queue of any current jobs reset the contents of the catroot folder checked for incorrect registry values Probably several other fixes but can t remember them all At the moment the windows update wants to install the update to the windows update but after restarting the windows update it tells me it has failed If I turn off the pc it tells me there are numerous updates to install but it goes through the list very quickly and when it check windows update after restarting they have all failed I am at my wits end as logically reloading windows should have sorted the issue whatever it is I have even ran diagnostics on memory and hard drive and both are fine Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Windows 7 SP1 updates not installing

I had the same problem with a win 7 computer . I then tried just downloading about ten updates at a time. This worked. Takes a little longer but they installed. I think the problem is on Microsoft update site.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-sp1-updates-not-installing.198224/
Relevancy 52.46%

My updates are set to check and install every day at AM I've just noticed recently that when I get on in the mornings that I have a pop up saying that updates to windows had failed to install I ignored it figuring my internet just wasn't staying connected but the last few days when I've turned it off it is powering down forever because its' installing updates or trying tp Then when it re-starts back up it says all updates have failed so it is reprogramming and to not unplug or updates 7 not installing Windows power down So today I opened up the update file and Windows 7 not installing updates found that it has been failing to update anything for over a year Sporadically I see one that has succeeded to install here and there but most of them are all failed As of right now I have the following updates waiting to be installed Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows for x -based Systems KB Download size MB You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect Update type Important A security issue has been identified in a Microsoft software product that could affect your system You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft For a complete listing of the issues that are included in this update see the associated Microsoft Knowledge Base article After you install this update you may have to restart your system More information http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Help and Support http support microsoft com Internet Explorer for Windows for x -based Systems Download size MB You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect Update type Important Internet Explorer is fast and fluid and lets your websites shine and perform just like native apps on your PC Internet Explorer Fast and fluid for Windows Fast Internet Explorer harnesses the untapped power of your PC delivering pages full of vivid graphics smoother video and interactive content Easy Experience the web the way you want to with pinned sites built-in Spellcheck and seamless integration with your PC running Windows Safer Improved features like SmartScreen Filter and Tracking Protection let you be more aware of threats to your PC and your privacy More information http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Help and Support http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework on Windows and Windows Server R SP for x -based Systems KB Download size MB You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect Update type Important A security issue has been identified that could allow an unauthenticated remote attacker to compromise your system and gain control over it You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft After you install this update you may have to restart your system More information http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Help and Support http support microsoft com Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework on Windows and Windows Server R SP for x -based Systems KB Download size KB You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect Update type Important A security issue has been identified that could allow an unauthenticated remote attacker to cause the affected application to stop responding You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft After you install this update you may have to restart your system More information http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId Help and Support http support microsoft com Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework on Windows and Windows Server R SP for x -based Systems KB Download size MB You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect Update type Important A security issue has been identified that could allow an unauthenticated remote attacker to compromise your system and gain control over it You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft After you install this update you may have to restart your system More informati... Read more

A:Windows 7 not installing updates

I think the 0300 bit is a Microsoft fetish, I know I am something of a night bird, but even my computer is seldom on at 0300 local.

I think you are going to have to do these updates manually. Start by going into 'Windows Updates' and changing the setting from 'Install automatically' to 'Notify when updates are ready' then 'Check for updates' and stand back !

After a few minutes, you will get the message 'Updates are ready for your computer'. MS splits these into 'Important' and 'Optional' categories. You can select all of them, or just some of them, then click 'Install updates' and the downloading and installation process will go on in the background - you can be doing other work while this happens. If you are using the internet, you will notice that it's performance is reduced, thihs is because the updates are using some of your bandwidth.

When the installation is finished, you will get one of three messages - (1) The updates were successful, or (2) Windows needs to restart, or (3) The updates failed.

For (1), no further action required. For (2) just re-boot the computer. For (3), go back to 'Check for updates' and select say 10 or 15 at a time. If you then get a batch fail to install properly, it is easier and less time consuming to work out which one is causing the problem.

I have my updates permanently set 'Notify but don't install'

Hope that helps,

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/498928/windows-7-not-installing-updates/
Relevancy 52.46%

I like doing my updates in groups, what I don't like, is after every group update I have to restart the machine.

Is there a way or setting to pause the restart until I'm finished, and I decide I want to restart?

What about the balloon pop-up at the taskbar, is there a way to stop it from appearing?

A:Installing Windows Updates

Quote: Originally Posted by Anak

I like doing my updates in groups, what I don't like, is after every group update I have to restart the machine.

Is there a way or setting to pause the restart until I'm finished, and I decide I want to restart?

What about the balloon pop-up at the taskbar, is there a way to stop it from appearing?

Let's say that you had 15 updates and you install 5 of them (but you find a way to not restart).

Then you install 5 more and put off restarting.

Then you install the final 5 - then restart.

That is the same thing as just selecting all 15 to be installed all at once. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

I know that lots of people suggest doing updates in small chunks... but I've not had any issues letting MS manage the updates. Maybe it because most of my experience with doing a lot of updates is within a VM.

As far as allowing more updates without restarting: I was able to do that by changing some registry values, but let's not post "solutions" like that for the general public to play with. I did my testing inside a virtual machine where there was nothing to lose.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/289733-installing-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 52.46%

hello,
I am having some issues with windows update. The last couple weeks every time i shut down my laptop, there is a message in the screen " installing updates 1/1". I must let you know that in the past i always had my laptop on sleep mode, as a result i missed some updates. Moreover, sometimes because i was in a hurry despite the fact that windows mentioned that i must not power off the laptop when installing updates, i did.

Thank you for your time and patience

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/395533-windows-keeps-installing-updates.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Just installed windows 7 and went to windows updates, windows automatically detected my roccat kone mouse and razor keyboard. So downloaded the drivers and some other drivers, all were succesful but when I go to installed updates, say to remove one there are none there. On top of this I downloaded the mouse drivers direct from roccat but I cannot install them.

Any ideas would be much appriated.

Ps also downloaded windows mail and reploced the downloaded file with the orginal mail file but when I hit the mail icon programme will not work, circle just keeps going round and round.

Many thanks in advance

Ranger

A:windows updates not installing

I used to get the samething with the chinese guy's build leak.
What build do you have though?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/18275-windows-updates-not-installing.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Gudday all A few weeks ago I noticed issues with my Windows XP Home The Window firewall warning comes up that the firewall wall is turned off despite being turned on when going to it Eventually - mins the warning disappears This occurs everytime we turn the computer on We have updates that always come up as needing to be installed but when we try to install the updates the computer wanders of to do it Eventually it returns the message that these updates could not be installed The updates areKB KB KB Windows not installing updates KB KB KB If there are extra updates i e gt these six the extra ones are installed successfully I have tried a few times to install these updates The computer is a desktop with XP SP I also have a latop with XP Pro SP but have not noticed all of these issues I have the setting of 'Download updates but let me choose when to install them' Is there anywhere in Windows Windows updates not installing that might suggest why these updates are not being installed I have had a look Windows updates not installing at Microsoft support pages but a search revealed nothing I was not really sure how to phrase the question which might have make the search next to impossible Has anyone had this problem or similar and any suggestions A virus has crossed my mind

A:Windows updates not installing

I had this problem a few times before and have managed to solve it by downloading Microsoft Fix it 50199 from the website
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357
You may also try these websites
http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cp_fixit_main#tab0
http://blogs.technet.com/fixit4me/default.aspx
Good luck to you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-updates-not-installing-431964.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello all I thought I had an infection and had things check by Billy O'Neil. My topic. He recommended I come here.During the update process following Billy's request I could not get the following updates to install, neither as a bundle or individually. Security Update for Windows XP with Windows Media Format Runtime 9.5 and 11 (KB941569)Update for Windows XP (KB951978)Update for Windows Media Player 11 for Windows XP (KB939683)Security Update for Windows Media Player 11 for Windows XP (KB936782)Update for Windows Media Format 11 SDK for Windows XP (KB929399)

A:Windows Updates Not Installing

One of the following may help:KB 943144, Updates Not Installed From WinUpdate After Repair - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144 PC Hell How to Fix Problem When Windows Updates Download But Won't Install - http://www.pchell.com/support/windows_upda...t_install.shtml You cannot install some updates or programs - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798 Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/163778/windows-updates-not-installing/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi all, I have recently been put in charge of formatting all the laptops at work before they go back on sale.

One thing that I have found frustrating is installing the drivers. I have had some laptops sitting for around 4-5 hours, just simply updating the system bit by bit, and I was wondering if there is a way to just download all the drivers at once, and do a mass install.

Doing this on 7 or 8 laptops is painful

Thanks for any help in advance :)

A:Installing all Windows 7 updates ate once

If they are all the same drivers or you know which ones you need, then just download them onto a Flash or DVD and then copy them onto their respective machines.

It's the downloading bit that is time consuming so by doing it that way, you only need to download them once - although video drivers can take some time installing unless you choose the express option.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/installing-all-windows-7-updates-ate-once-669557.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Old laptop HP win7 32bit was not updated more than an year. Auto updating doesn't work so the only way is downloading the updates manually and installing  them using windows standalone installer one by one. So the computer works much better and faster but there blinking black screens that appear at starting. After the win logo few black blinking screens than black screen with cursor after that welcome screen than again blinking black screen and the computer starts and works fine. Same problem at shutting down. So my question is should i continue installing updates? Also i disabled avast twice to install net framework security updates. Thanks for any help.

A:installing too many windows updates

Install all the updates and keep current.  I've never had a problem with that practice with Windows 7, 8, or 10.  However I don't install optional updates except in very rare circumstances where I'm sure I need to.

Good luck. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/605896/installing-too-many-windows-updates/
Relevancy 52.46%

Dell Inspiron One gb memory - AMD Athlon II x u processor On I downloaded and successfully installed windows security updates On I thought I would run a Disk Windows installing updates not Cleanup Windows updates not installing since it had been a while On I received notice that important windows upates amp were ready to download and install After trying to do the install they both failed Many times I tried to no avail I then thought maybe the disk cleanup removed some file I needed for this process I then ran a system restore back to and prior Windows updates not installing to the disk cleanup It took about an hour for that process to complete but it did and now system runs a little slower but it runs Unfortunately the system restore did not Windows updates not installing solve the update install problem They still fail and I am in a loop now where they keep showing up and asking to be installed before shutdown I have tried a few fixes on my own Services -- where you reset the update services process No deal Microsoft FixIt tool No deal Troubleshoot problems - no deal Would taking it back to prior with system restore do any good Could some help be offered for this dilemma Thank you MWB premium and Avast Free anti-virus - also Malware anti-exploit free

A:Windows updates not installing

Thank you. I managed to get a solution from Microsoft so all is solved.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19682502
Relevancy 52.46%

I am having issues with installing updates on Windows 7 x64. The start menu always has "Shut down and install updates", I click to install and sometimes the system says installing and then just hangs and sometimes it says it has installed the 2 updates. However when I turn the machine back on the same "Shut down and install updates" message is there. This has been going on everyday for the best part of 6 months.

Any suggestions please?

Many thanks!

A:Windows 7 not installing updates

Hello,

Try deleting the old updates and trying again, Delete Windows update files to regain hard-drive space - CNET, as sometimes this can force computer to hang.

Also try installing your updates through control panel, and see how that works.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/331012-windows-7-not-installing-updates.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Windows 8.1 keeps getting stuck at 5% and/or fails on my windows updates. or it just sits at 5%..... Any Ideas?

Hp pavillion slimline
4 gig ram

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-8-1-not-installing-updates.1155504/
Relevancy 52.46%

I'm trying to install some Windows updates but they just won't install. All it says is that some updates could not be installed and it lists the updates. Just for reference, the updates are:

Cumulative Security Update for ActiveX Killbits for Windows XP (KB950760)
Security Update for Windows XP with Windows Media Format Runtime 9.5 (KB923689)
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 2.0 (KB928365)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB950762)
Security Update for Windows XP with Windows Media Format Runtime 9.5 and 11 (KB941569)
Update for Windows XP (KB942763)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB951698)
Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP (KB950759)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB951376)

Yes, this is a legit version and it is activated. I had no problem installing updates until a couple of weeks ago. Any suggestions?

A:Windows Updates Not Installing

Try this: http://wiki.lunarsoft.net/wiki/Dial-a-fixTick the following boxes:Fix Windows UpdatesStop ServicesRegister WUAU DLLsStart ServicesClick GoGoes without saying that you should ensure that you have recent backups or set system restore point, just in case, although this tool has never caused me any problems, just solved them

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/154040/windows-updates-not-installing/
Relevancy 52.46%

I just downloaded and installed windows xp home updates on my computer. After installing, my computer restarted itself and now I can't log in. After I enter my password it says loading my settings and then promptly logs me off. I cant even log in from safe mode.

A:cant log on after installing windows updates

Hello and Welcome to TSF,

Do you have a genuine copy of xp home windows cd for the pc?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-log-on-after-installing-windows-updates-383765.html
Relevancy 52.46%

i just got a used quad desktop, i think it has a fresh windows 7 install, as one of the updates was sp1 : windows keeps installing new updates ? is this normal ? i bought this computer 5 days ago, been through about 3 rounds of updates; i was playing a game yesterday when i had told the windows message to postpone the update installation for the max of 4 hrs, i got a blue screen during the game, i don't know if it was the game or the postponed updates; the computer seems fine , other than this situation; call of duty 4 (demo) crashed once, i restarted it in safe-mode and seems ok; what can i do ? thanks

A:windows keeps installing updates ?

how do i 'uninstall installed updates ' ? i checked the control panel, uninstall section , i didn't find any 'installed updates' ? windows keeps trying to install updates; discussion from google seach said to uninstall installed updates, then re-install 64-bit version of updates kb2647753; i can't find the installed updates, to uninstall them, before i install kb2647753 ? thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-keeps-installing-updates-684795.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi ,
All of a sudden , windows 7 SP1 (32bit) keep installing the same updates concerning MS Office 2007,
the updates are KB2760411 , KB2760583 , KB2760588 .
How could I fix it ? Any help appreciated ! ! !

A:windows keep installing the same updates

Microsoft is well aware of the issue and should offer a fix next week,

September 2013 Office Update Release - Office Sustained Engineering - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

You can leave the reoccurring updates in the queue or hide them, "ie" change the way you receive windows updates temporarily. Check for update but let me choose whether to download and install them.

Windows Update Settings - Change

How to Hide or Restore Hidden Windows Updates in Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/304665-windows-keep-installing-same-updates.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have several machines that I am restoring for friends but I'm having a problem with windows 7 updates. I can receive and install updates all the way up to and including SP1 but as soon as SP1 is installed no more updates come down. I have left the update check running for several hours with no success. It just keeps running, I don't get any message to say no updates available. I have tried a couple of Microsoft fix it's without any success either. Is this a problem on Microsoft end or could there be something I'm doing wrong. All laptops are genuine with licence codes and Internet is working fine. If anyone has any ideas or experience with this I would be grateful.

A:No updates after installing Windows 7 SP1

Every sense W-10 give away started Window 7 updates have been very slow. I mean very very slow.
Members have posted from 8 hours up to over 24 hours after a Clean Install or Repair Install. It just keep searching and searching.
If it's still in the Search stage you can reboot and try updates again. If things go well you might get a Microsoft server that isn't so busy.

Have these system been activated?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/389904-no-updates-after-installing-windows-7-sp1.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Checking for available updates, I see there are 19 updates available. When I download and try to install them, I get the notorious BSOD after restarting the PC. Message:
Errorcode: c000021a(Fatal system Error) - The session Manager failed to create protected prefixes system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc000003a (0x00000000 0x000000000).The system has been shut down.
After restart, Windows advices system recovery and when this is done, the PC works error free again.

Next, checking for updates, I see the same ones offered again...

Can anyone help to solve this please ?

A:Windows is always installing the same updates.

Please list the KBs of those 19 updates so I can look at the list. What version of 7 SP1 are you running?
Personally, I would not try to install all 19 at once. If one is for the kernel, that should be done by itself.
One kernel update was part of October's batch. I have 4 computers running Win 7 and I did that one by itself and saved it for last.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-7-a/126890-windows-always-installing-same-updates.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Finaly got the computer built over the weekend Now I just need to install all the drivers right Windows has been installed But I have not done any of the updates I did an update search and it looks like there is something like updates Wow But that makes sense considering how old it is Is there any ideal or specific order to install all the updated drivers Here is the sequence that I thought safest way that made sense to me Please correct me Update all windows updates Install K P anti virus software and all updates Update all MOBO Gigabyte Z X gaming drivers After indows was installed I was not able to get any internet connect So I installed the install CD that came with my MOBO Then I had a connection to the internet I assume there are updates though for this MOBO MSI GTX Gaming G Install updated drivers Do I just go to the website for the updated drivers I think this came with a CD If yes it did would it be better off to install the CD then update drivers Or would I be better just going to the website and install everything from there Is that all Are there updates or anything I order drivers/updates? install specific It's built! to Any need to do to the following LG optical BLu-Ray drive Rosewill card reader Kingwin It's built! Any specific order to install drivers/updates? FPX- fan controller HGST tb HDD Samsung pro gb SSDI assume there is nothing to do with these Thank you for your helpCorsair TCorsair and mm fans SP and AF Corsair w HS PSUIntal i k CPUGigabyte Z x gaming MOBOHGST tb rpm HDD for storage of files Samsung pro gb SSD for O S and programs LG Blu-Ray optical driveRosewill card readerKingwin FPX- card readerNoctua NH-D CPU cooler heatsingWindows bit Home PremiumIce Modz custom colored cable I think thats everything And when getting all these updated drivers Is it best to install directly from the internet onto this computer Or is there any advantage to using my other computer and installing on a flash reader then installing on this new computer Oh yeah I swapped my OEM HDD to a Samsung pro SSD uin my Toshiba laptop WOW Only takes seconds to have computer up and running And seconds to shutdown I just wonder if my MOBO or CPU is bottle necking the full potential of my SSD This was a best buy special laptop frldyz is online now nbsp Report Post nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

A:It's built! Any specific order to install drivers/updates?

Install drivers first - get them from the manufacturers of the various equipment, NOT from Microsoft Update. And although it's not as crucial today as it once was, it's still probably best to start with the chipset driver.Install your AV next. Do not wait until after the MS Updates. It's always better to have an active AV while you are online.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,150497.0.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone has a solution to this: lately, when I update an application which I have in my Quick Launch toolbar, its icon move to the end of the list of icons (as if it were a newly installed program and not one that had simply been updated). This means every time I update, say, Firefox, or Thunderbird, or Seamonkey, etc., I have to go into the Quick Launch toolbar and drag it back to its proper place.

Is there any way to address this or is it something that's changed in how Mozilla updates its programs? Ideally (and what used to happen) is that most program icons stayed put after the programs they pointed to were updated.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide!

A:Order of icons in Quick Launch changes after application updates

What is happening is that the update uninstalls the currently installed version, thus it is no longer in the QL area, then it installs the new version which is placed to the right of all existing icons. At least that is my guess.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/239203-order-icons-quick-launch-changes-after-application-updates.html
Relevancy 52.03%

hi

once you have re-installed your clean OS is there an order inwich to install drivers i.e chipset then video audio and so on? or can they be installed in any rder?

thanks

A:when re-installing drivers is there an order??

Hi billybellfoot,

It is advisable to install the drivers in a specific order:

1. Chipset drivers.
2. Display adapter.
3. Wired network interface card (NIC)
4. Audio adapter
5. Modem (if available)
6. Touchpad, Pointer, Track-stick, Mice, and Keyboards
7. Other devices ? Bluetooth modules, fingerprint readers, touch-screen digitizers, etc.

For any clarifications feel free to contact me.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/298974-when-re-installing-drivers-there-order.html
Relevancy 52.03%

i tried using the 1.0.12arm_debug.appx as the app
source code.zip as first dependant
source code(tar.gz) as second dependant but is keeps failing. what am i doing wrong?

A:What is the correct order for installing v1.0.12 of pog-uwp

Hi, the only advice I can give is to follow the post below. How to install PoGo-UWP beta for Pok?mon Go on your Windows 10 Mobile phone | Windows Central
If you have any issues following it or questions, please join the Windows Central forums so that you can reply to this thread.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434067-what-correct-order-installing-v1-0-12-pog-uwp.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Dear All,

I have 2 Queries regarding the Installation of Win 8

Query 1:
I had installed the following OS in the following order

Win 7 - 32 bit
Win 7 - 64 bit
Win 8 - 32 bit followed by
Win 8 - 64 bit.

Now i am not able to get the boot options as i have to switch to other OS. In present scenario i directly boot into Win 8 - 64 bit.

Can anybody please help me to get the boot options.

Query 2:

Can anybody guide me how to know the different OS installed in my PC when i am booted in Windows 8.

that is, i want to check in Win 8 developer preview if other operating system is being present or not(I think i have deleted all the Win 7 OS which were installed by me...:-(...)

Please Help me.
Thanks in advance.

A:Not able to get the Boot order after installing Win 8

Hi ankita22,

Welcome to EightForums !

To list all visible Windows OS installed on your computer you can use "Dual-boot Repair" tool that comes with Visual BCD.

Install. Start Dual-boot Repair. Click on "Automatic Repair" BUT DO NOT CONFIRM (do not click OK button).
Post screenshot so we can see what Windows OS are visible.

A screenshot of Disk Management would be useful too.

Contents of BCD is also useful in diagnosing - open admin command prompt and type:
bcdedit >bcdedit.txt<enter>
Attach file bcdedit.txt.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/10155-not-able-get-boot-order-after-installing-win-8-a.html
Relevancy 52.03%

What is the best order for installing drivers and windows updates?

A:best order for installing drivers?

Install the chipset driver first if it is available. I think Intel now calls it "chipset software installation utility".

I'd probably then make sure I had a working Internet connection--that requires an Ethernet driver.

Not sure it matters after that.

Windows Update will normally feed you only certain updates, depending on what it sees when it analyzes your PC.

You should be sure you have Service Pack 1, but it won't be offered unless certain other updates are in place.

The normal advice is to take the updates a few at a time, rebooting after each batch---rather than taking 50 in one dose.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/249958-best-order-installing-drivers.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have Avast and have run it Nothing to be found I keep getting same windows updates ready to install More importantly I have quite a few programs that I cannot remove quicktime endnote hp stuff etc in AND WINDOWS SAME UPDATES INSTALLING KEEP SLOWNESS the control panel and my computer is SLOW and takes forever to start up and sometimes shut down Thank you so much Update Also processes became very slow and SAME WINDOWS UPDATES KEEP INSTALLING AND SLOWNESS when I tried to access the taskmgr it gave me an error Shortly SAME WINDOWS UPDATES KEEP INSTALLING AND SLOWNESS after that a bunch probably or so of white icons with Asian symbols writing and some with just squares appeared in the desktop Under quot properties quot they consisted of bytes and I was able to delete them all and access taskmgr just fine after SAME WINDOWS UPDATES KEEP INSTALLING AND SLOWNESS a re-boot Here s the log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast afwServ exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaantmon exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYS C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Common Files Pure Networks Shared Platform nmsrvc exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Common Files SupportSoft bin bcont exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www hotmail com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook no name - EA - AA - A A- - AF E D F - no file O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Increase performance and video formats for your HTML lt video gt - E D- - FD- C - A F - C Program Files DivX DivX Plus Web Player ie DivXHTML DivXHTML dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO avast WebRep - E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast aswWebRepIE dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Ja... Read more

A:SAME WINDOWS UPDATES KEEP INSTALLING AND SLOWNESS

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/437632 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/437632/same-windows-updates-keep-installing-and-slowness/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, when I download some windows 8 updates - not store updates - and restart the PC. After windows boots to desktop it shows me that they are all installed, but after a few minutes they come back as uninstalled and when I install them again the problem continues

what should i do?

Relevancy 51.6%

Windows 10 10240
Since the middle of November the only Windows Updates that have downloaded are Security Update for Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Silverlight, Malicious Software Removal Tool and Update for Windows 8.1 forx64-based Systems (KB2990967) and Update for Windows 8.1 for x64-based Systems(KB3063843) these last two updates keep repeating to download and install. I can see no other updates ready to download, that includes the KB3122947 1511 update which does not appear when I check for updates!
Why do KB2990967 and KB3063843 keep downloading and installing?Any suggestions?

A:Two Windows Updates repeatedly installing!

Just a very long shot in the dark.

First do a backup and/or system restore and check your OS partition for errors (chkdsk); then boot into safe mode and try deleting the windows\SoftwareDistribution folder. Restart and try again.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/33578-two-windows-updates-repeatedly-installing.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Thanks in advance for any help. Last night I logged off my Windows 7 PC and it began installing updates. This morning I find that it is stuck, saying "Please do not power off or unplug your machine. Installing update 8 of 17." I'm not very computer savvy, so what is my next step?

A:Windows 7 PC will not finish installing updates

If that update is the new MSE it is waiting for you to respond to several prompts. But if the system is in that never-never land between logging off and logging on and you cannot see the prompts you are kinda stuck. If that is the case there is not much I can think of other than to ignore the warning and force a power off (with your fingers crossed for luck, of course).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-pc-will-not-finish-installing-updates.1103226/
Relevancy 51.6%

I had a problem with windows 10 
when ever i opened it use to come with Microsoft error on chrome.
I rang them and they did some diagnostics and told me buy 280 dollar tool for repair.
I ignored them and restore my PC to factory setting (windows 8).

I updated my windows to 8.1 and installing some applications like skype, it installed but not working.
Atmel studio 7, not installing.

Can you please help me to sort out this issue.

I am thinking my computer is infected. 

A:my Windows 8.1 not installing softwares and some of updates

Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) (x64) Version: 11-08-2016 01
Ran by satya_000 (administrator) on IDEA-PC (14-08-2016 08:41:46)
Running from C:\Users\satya_000\Downloads
Loaded Profiles: satya_000 (Available Profiles: satya_000)
Platform: Windows 8.1 (Update) (X64) Language: English (United States)
Internet Explorer Version 11 (Default browser: Chrome)
Boot Mode: Normal
Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool: http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/335081-frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool/

==================== Processes (Whitelisted) =================

(If an entry is included in the fixlist, the process will be closed. The file will not be moved.)

(Qualcomm Atheros Commnucations) C:\Program Files (x86)\Bluetooth Suite\AdminService.exe
(Conexant Systems Inc.) C:\Windows\System32\CxAudMsg64.exe
(Intel® Corporation) C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\HeciServer.exe
(McAfee, Inc.) C:\Program Files\Common Files\mcafee\systemcore\mfemms.exe
(McAfee, Inc.) C:\Windows\System32\mfevtps.exe
(McAfee, Inc.) C:\Windows\System32\mfevtps.exe
(Nitro PDF Software) C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nitro\Pro\8.0\NitroPDFDriverService8x64.exe
(Nalpeiron Ltd.) C:\Windows\SysWOW64\NLSSRV32.EXE
(McAfee, Inc.) C:\Program Files\Common Files\mcafee\systemcore\mfefire.exe
(Intel Security, Inc.) C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel Security\PEF\CORE\PEFService.exe
(Conexant Systems, Inc.) C:\Windows\SysWOW64\SASrv.exe
(Atheros) C:\Program Files (x86)\Bluetooth Suite\Ath_CoexAgent.exe
(McAfee, Inc.) C:\Program Files\Common Files\mcafee\Platform\McSvcHost\McSvHost.exe
(McAfee, Inc.) C:\Program Files\Common Files\mcafee\systemcore\mfefire.exe
(McAfee, Inc.) C:\Program Files\mcafee\msc\McAPExe.exe
(McAfee, Inc.) C:\Program Files\Common Files\mcafee\AMCore\mcshield.exe
(McAfee, Inc.) C:\Program Files\Common Files\mcafee\CSP\1.9.829.0\McCSPServiceHost.exe
(Intel Corporation) C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Rapid Storage Technology\IAStorDataMgrSvc.exe
(Intel Corporation) C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel® Management Engine Components\DAL\Jhi_service.exe
(McAfee, Inc.) C:\Program Files\Common Files\mcafee\ModuleCore\ModuleCoreService.exe
(Synaptics Incorporated) C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
(Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\System32\SkyDrive.exe
(Synaptics Incorporated) C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPHelper.exe
(Dolby Laboratories Inc.) C:\Program Files (x86)\Dolby Advanced Audio v2\pcee4.exe
(Qualcomm Atheros Commnucations) C:\Program Files (x86)\Bluetooth Suite\BtvStack.exe
() C:\Program Files (x86)\Bluetooth Suite\ActivateDesktop.exe
(Intel Corporation) C:\Windows\System32\igfxtray.exe
(Intel Corporation) C:\Windows\System32\igfxsrvc.exe
(Intel Corporation) C:\Windows\System32\hkcmd.exe
(Intel Corporation) C:\Windows\System32\igfxpers.exe
(Realtek semiconductor) C:\Windows\RTFTrack.exe
(Conexant Systems, Inc.) C:\Program Files\CONEXANT\cAudioFilterAgent\CAudioFilterAgent64.exe
(Intel Corporation) C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Rapid Storage Technology\IAStorIcon.exe
(Google Inc.) C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
(Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\System32\SettingSyncHost.exe
(McAfee, Inc.) C:\Program Files\Common Files\mcafee\Platform\McUICnt.exe
(Skype Technologies S.A.) C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe
(Google Inc.) C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\A... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/623370/my-windows-81-not-installing-softwares-and-some-of-updates/
Relevancy 51.6%

when I go to windows update it says 'Windows could not search for new updates' 'Errors found: 800B0001

please help

A:Error installing Windows Updates

also when I try to install windows system readiness tool I get error '0x8007000d

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/371956-error-installing-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi forum. I'm hoping somebody can help with my pc issues. I have a toshiba sattelite running Windows 7 sp1 64 bit. For the last couple of weeks Ive had issues with updates not installing and now installing successfully but then installing again. One of the updates is IE 11 which fails to load but I have anyway running. I have tried lots of stuff like Fix it and microsofts hotfix and the latest thing was the repair thing from Tweaking.com all to no avail. My system appears clean as I have done lots of scans with all the recommended stuff. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance Jay

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/578295/windows-update-installing-same-updates-over-and-over/
Relevancy 51.6%

Having trouble with installing Windows Updates After reinstalling Windows Home Edition I manually run Windows Updates until SP is installed The very next update is Windows Update Agent After I install the WUA I check for updates but it Windows Trouble with installing Updates seems to never stop looking Hours go Trouble with installing Windows Updates by and nothing This is where the problem starts Checking Task Manager Performance Tab I find my Memory is maxed out and the CPU is at to I only have GB of Ram installed Even when I shutdown the computer and restart my Computer the Windows Update Agent continues to run I did run SFC scannow but nothing was found I read something about if you install Windows Update Client June or July It will install over the top of the old WUA However I tried doing that and was not able to get it to install Am I doing something wrong Forgetting to possibily set Windows to stop looking for updates first or is it something else Looking for a solution to get the Windows Updates installed Thanks for any help John

A:Trouble with installing Windows Updates

Check this thread.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/623310/windows-update-sits-at-0/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/623661/trouble-with-installing-windows-updates/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi I got some malaware on my computer and have been very ably assisted by the Malaware Problems windows installing updates Forum I now have an issue with installing windows updates Initially with KB and KB This has now been resolved after cleaning up my NET framework I then tried to install update KB which failed Then I commenced to follow Method I to reset windows update components Installed and ran FixIt Came up with a message that CRYTSVC could not be stopped so I Problems installing windows updates cancelled Tried to follow the instructions give in https support microsoft com en-us kb to manually reset Windows Update components Unfortunately I missed the bit about backing up the registry I followed Stop the BITS service the Windows Update service and the Cryptographic service To do this at a command prompt type the following commands Make sure that you press Enter after you type each command net stop bits net stop wuauserv net stop appidsvc net stop cryptsvc Delete the qmgr dat files To do this at a command prompt type the following command and then press Enter Del quot ALLUSERSPROFILE Application Data Microsoft Network Downloader qmgr dat quot This file could not be found so I exited and tried to restore my computer to earlier time Restore cannot access a file an unspecified error x Bron from the Malaware forum suggested I run Tweaking com s Windows Repair tool which I have done I still cannot install the NET Framework Client Profile a fatal error occurs Also Windows update seems to be permanently off I cannot change the settings Hope you can help Thanks in advance Suzie nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-installing-windows-updates.215607/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.
There's 6 important update from Microsoft:
While my Acer 4736G installing this updates, Windows 7 hank and BSOD with code,
0x0000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000002, 0xFFFFF80002CED7F8, 0xFFFFF880031EE400, 0xFFFFF880031EE4A0)

Could you help me with this? I have KIS 2010 & Spyware Doctor installed on my NB.

Here's i attach the .dmp file in zip
For any help and comment, i'm thankful.

A:Help BSOD while installing Windows Updates

after using BlueScreenView, i actually had several error with the same problem.
I've attach new complete dump file (6 .dmp files) to zip..
Hope you can help me with this. Thanks in advance..

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/63105-help-bsod-while-installing-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 51.6%

On my 4 month old netbook running XP Home (2002) SP3, haven't had any problems installing Windows updates until KB978380 and KB972581, which could not be installed. I went to the Windows Update site and manually downloaded the exe files to my desktop to install, but neither one will work, giving the message "The detection failed, this can be due to a corrupted installation database."

I've tried clearing my temp files and my C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download folder, as well as verifying genuine Windows software, and still get the same message. Any ideas?

A:Trouble installing Windows updates

I read your log where Gringo assisted you and see you have turned Windows Updates on as suggested. That would have been the first item I would have asked you to check.

You may like to run through my Windows Update tutorial from Method 2 onwards....
Quote:

"The detection failed, this can be due to a corrupted installation database."

I am not sure what the meaning is of the quoted passage from your initial post, but it would not hurt for you to run sfc /scannow to make sure you have no missing or corrupt .dll files within your Operating System. This action should be part of your monthly maintenance to keep you computer running well.

let us know,

kind regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/trouble-installing-windows-updates-470296.html
Relevancy 51.6%

So it seems that my Windows is downloading and installing the following updates over and over again. It doesn't give up any error or anything to indicate a problem with installation..just keeps on downloading and installing it

Please advise.

Many thanks!

A:Windows keeps on installing the same updates repeatedly

You are not alone, this is widespread, i do not believe MS has posted a fix as of yet

I am suffering the same issue on more than one machine at my office (everyone that has office 2007 installed, dont know if others are affected?) if they dont post a fix soon or a resolution is not forthcoming i will work something out after the weekend and post back my results
*edit* guessing next update tuesday we should see a fix if not sooner hopefully

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Micro...s-382294.shtml

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/304748-windows-keeps-installing-same-updates-repeatedly.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Greetings I have been trying to solve this issue on my own for months now and i have gotten to the point that i believe the only thing i can do to correct this issue is to wipe my system clean and reinstall Windows bit I hope someone here can help The updates i am having issues with are 2 No Not Updates errors Windows Installing, the following KB and KB Both updates while using Windows Updates show that they install successfully but they do not actually install Windows Update then shows the updates again and allows me to attempt to install them again The updates never show up in Add Remove as Installed Updates Attempting to install KB 2 Windows Updates Not Installing, No errors manually says that it installs without issue and with no errors in Windows Setup Logs but again doesn't add the update to Add Remove and any attempt to reinstall it manually allows the install to attempt instead of returning the normal error for already installed updates I'm left to think the issue is related to corruption in my system registry either an incorrect GUID or a permissions issue DISM exe Online Cleanup-image Restorehealth and sfc scannow have been ran multiple times on this system SFC currently doesn't find any integrity violations although it had in the past and repaired them DISM always reports quot The restore operation completed successfully The component store corruption was repaired The operation completed successfully quot Attached to this post should be the CBS Folder and log as well as the DISM log Other Windows Updates install without issue only these are currently causing this problem Thank you in advance -Siphen

A:2 Windows Updates Not Installing, No errors

Unless you plan on installing Windows 10 on this machine, you don't need KB3035583 - simply Hide it.
KB2990967 is related to OneDrive (for Windows 8.x only!) - the simplest fix is probably to uninstall OneDrive, and then reinstall it from a fresh download.

You would be better to repost this question in our sister forum eightforums.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/372062-2-windows-updates-not-installing-no-errors.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello there updates installing Problem two Windows I've been having a problem with two updates for a long time Problem installing two Windows updates I've been ignoring them for a long time bad idea I know but it's gotten to the point where it's preventing me from installing some programs Here is a pic of my recent update history As you can see the two problem updates are Security Update for Microsoft Visual C Service Pack Redistributable Package KB and Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB The second is saying it's successful but it keeps trying to install so it's obviously not successful As for the first one that's the one I've been trying to fix Here are the error details for this update Quote Security Update for Problem installing two Windows updates Microsoft Visual C Service Pack Redistributable Package KB Installation date AM Installation status Failed Error details Code Update type Important A security issue has been identified leading to MFC application vulnerability in DLL planting due to MFC not specifying the full path to system localization DLLs You can protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft After you install this item you may have to restart your computer More information MS - Description of the security update for Visual C SP Redistributable Package June Help and Support Microsoft Support I tried to manually install this update from this link downloaded vcredist x exe However it gets to this part of the installation Hangs for several seconds and then I get the following error message Here is a text version of that error Quote Error An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft VC ALT version quot quot publicKeyToken quot fc b b a e e b quot processorArchitecture quot amd quot type quot win quot ' Please refer to Help and Support for more information HRESULT x Does anyone know how I can go about getting these damn updates installed All help greatly appreciated

A:Problem installing two Windows updates

I am too facing such problems
1.Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package (KB2538243).
2. microsoft.net framework 4 on window xp.
3. windows server 2003.
i have scearched through net but cant find any thing about this. hey bro if u find a solution please share me ok and i will to share with you...........

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/217375-problem-installing-two-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Eset is consistently showing many Recommended Updates pending to be installed. To confirm i even successfully updated one of them from Device Manager.

The problem is that neither Windows Update is catching these recommended updates nor is it downloading them automatically which includes motherboard, printer and many other important device updates. How do i force Windows to 'see' and download these 'recommended updates'? I did not find any setting to manage this feature.

Please help guys.

Relevancy 51.6%

I have been having trouble with windows updates, either won't install or fail. Computer works fine, but my new ESET NOD32 seems to depend upon computer being updated, Any ideas about why the updates won't install? 
Jim

A:Trouble installing windows updates

Have you tried running the System Update Readiness Tool?

System Update Readiness Tool (SURT) - http://thetechcookbook.com/system-update-readiness-tool-surt/

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586270/trouble-installing-windows-updates/
Relevancy 51.6%

my windows 7 ultimate 64bit update have been working find for the longest time now all of the sudden i get these errors which i provided in the pics attached can anyone help?
ive went to microsoft and tried the "Microsoft FixIt" software but that didn't work im not sure what else to do any help would greatly be appreciated TY

A:Problem installing Windows Updates

Did you follow the instructions on the dialog box and click "Try again"?

Please provide additional information
See: Windows Update Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/357232-problem-installing-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I've been having some problems after installing some updates For example after installing these updates every time I run uTorrent I get a Blue Screen of Death almost instantly The problem is not with the software because I always used the 8 Windows installing Problems after updates. same and nothing ever happened like that The Blue Screens of Death were more frequent when the software was run I researched a lot and saw a lot of people reported Problems after installing Windows 8 updates. problems with the update KB and have not yet emerged any official response or fix patch from Microsoft I was instructed to run in the command prompt the following commands sfc scannow dism online clean-up restoreheath The problem is that when I run the sfc scannow after checking he is just standing there frozen in with no response And running restorehealth there was much delay and it got stuck at and after a long time went to where it has remained for hours so it haven't finished the way it should I need help with these commands why these things happened Looking foward for answers Thank you MarceloMenezes

A:Problems after installing Windows 8 updates.

You're not running the command in right way, read the tutorial mentioned at the below give URL and see if it can help you:

Fixing component store corruption in Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 - The Windows Servicing Guy - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

Post contain other commands to fix store corruption so could you successfully run sfc /scannow. Follow the tutorial and let us know what happens.

Alternatively, you can uninstall updates till Microsoft provides any fixes or patch for that. Follow below steps to uninstall any update on the system:

1. Press 'Window' + 'Q' button and type update. Tap settings and choose Installed updates.

2. The opened window will contain list of updates installed on your PC. choose the same update you've mentioned in your first post, right click on it and select Uninstall.

3. The step will begin uninstalling updates and soon confirmation window will open. Click OK and restart your PC.

That's it. The issues for that particular update will not going to happen anymore.

Good Luck Though!!

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/28511-problems-after-installing-windows-8-updates.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi Last night I received a message that Windows needed to download updates There were seven of them so I clicked on install After downloading it said it had to restart to complete the installation I then got the screen saying quot Configuring Windows Do Not Turn Off Your Computer quot The little circle kept spinning for about a half hour I saw that the HD light didn't come on at all so I assumed it had locked up I had to press and hold the power button to get it to reboot and after telling me Windows did not shut down normally it started up and appeared to complete the update installation I checked the Update History and most of the updates said quot Successful quot but a few said quot Pending quot I have had this lockup happen before but usually it installs with no problem What can I do What does Pending mean I am not tech oriented I have Win - bt - Service Pack Thanks Tom

A:Windows hangs While Installing Updates

Some updates take longer to install ...you should leave it untill it finishes ..

BTW ..just run wds update again ...see if the pending ones show up ..then install them ..this time .be patient ..

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/202743-windows-hangs-while-installing-updates.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Is there a way to shutdown windows 10 without installing updates? I know previous versions of Windows had command line or registry tricks that helped with this. Note the version of Windows 10 I am using is the normal version you get with the free upgrade.

A:How do you shutdown windows 10 without installing updates?

@Kaio that is very good question. I believe that is how its always been if an update is not installed it will install no matter what on shutdown or restart. I maybe mistaken but I am not all that knowledgeable on the so called windows 10 stuff as of yet having just upgraded from 8.1 in November.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/34355-how-do-you-shutdown-windows-10-without-installing-updates.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I am having problems installing windows updates in my Windows 7. Was going to have Windows 10 automatically downloaded, but changed my mind a couple of days ago and undid the auto update. Using Norton NIS, SuperAntiSpyware and Secunia 2. Any suggestions?
Jim

A:Trouble installing windows updates

System Restore ...?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584684/trouble-installing-windows-updates/
Relevancy 51.6%

We are a 3rd party IT provider for over 100 clients and recently we have had in my opinion WAY TO MANY users having the "Failure configuring windows updates, reverting changes"
The "fix for this is to boot to a windows live cd or usb and rename the cat2 and software distribution folders which is great and all but it takes up to an hour for the changes to revert. Is there a hot fix out there or something that addresses this. 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/66f63b55-df8b-4ee5-a359-5796aa8e7337/windows-keeps-reverting-when-installing-updates?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 51.6%

I am having a big issue installing windows 7 updates error 800B0100, updates just don't install. I have tried everything from update readiness tool, disabling anti-virus, turning off windows firewall, manual install, msconfig settings...THEY ALL SEEM TO FAIL. Just attaching the log file is my last hope please help!!!

A:Problems with Windows Updates Installing

Hello mekkii4 and welcome to Seven Forums.

You might have to re-register your .dll files as well as a few others.

Repair & Fix Windows Updates with Fix WU Utility | The Windows Club

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/154878-problems-windows-updates-installing.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello I have a question for you regarding and Windows Updates with Windows I notice I am having problems with Themselves Windows in 7??? Win Keep Successfully Updates Re-installing Windows Update repeatedly not never ending trying to re-install the Windows Updates Keep Re-installing Themselves Successfully in Win 7??? same Windows Updates when I click on quot Check for updates quot The updates are Security Update for Windows KB Security Update for Windows KB These updates are The Windows updates shows they were 'successful' under quot View Update History quot under quot Windows Updates Keep Re-installing Themselves Successfully in Win 7??? Windows Update quot Interestingly in quot Uninstall an update quot under quot Programs and Features quot Windows Updates Keep Re-installing Themselves Successfully in Win 7??? there are no Windows updates listed at all Hmmm Maybe this can help recently I installed more memory that triggered a Windows activation again Just prior to the memory installation I had the latest Windows Updates all installed at the time Now it seems the Windows Update lists seem to have been reset in some way after the reactivation Does this help at all Any ideas or reasons what is going on Any solutions Please help If you need any further input please reply I will provide it for you to assist in finding the reason and potential solutions Thank you

A:Windows Updates Keep Re-installing Themselves Successfully in Win 7???

Should be simple to solve
Set update to notify, only
Then when notified right click on update and then hide.
The crisis should be over
Windows Update Settings - Change
Windows Update - Hide or Restore Hidden Updates
Good luck

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/137651-windows-updates-keep-re-installing-themselves-successfully-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 51.6%

My W7 Ultimate PC is primed not to allow windows updates to install automatically.

I noticed tonight while shutting down the machine that 34 updates were being installed. After rebooting, I checked my update settings and they were still at 'Download updates but let me choose whether to install them'.

Anyone else have this issue or know why it happened?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/385437-windows-updates-installing-without-permission.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello, i downloaded win7 updates (that came after sp1) to my usb memory stick. Then i can transport and install them to computers that dont have internet.
I used Windows Updates Downloader to download them.
http://www.windowsupdatesdownloader.com/

Is it possible to automatically install them all from usb or hdd? Right now i have to click and install them one by one from usb memory stick.
Maybe somekind of installing script that installs next update if previous gets installed?

Sorry for bad english language.

Thank You!

A:installing windows updates offline.

Have a look here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/605784/installing-windows-updates-offline/
Relevancy 51.6%

My PC has Intel motherboard DG31PR, Core 2 duo, 2 GB memory, 325 GB HD. I installed Windows three years back. After that many updates were automatically installed till yesterday. I now find my Windows has
started developing nad sectors, and of and on giving error messages. I run "SFC /scannow" to temporarily solve the errors. However, SFC many times says some errors could not be repaired.
My question is, is it possible to retrieve updates already available in my HD, format my HD, reinstall Windows 7, and then finally re-install updates already retrieved; or have I to download all these updates (running to a few GBs) from the date of first installation of Windows 7 three years ago.
Thanks for your solution, in advance.

A:Re installing Windows 7 - retrieval of Updates

Could you sure but it is not the best way. Any problems with those updates would be transferred to your new install.

I recommend just doing a clean install and let Windows Updates do it's thing. We all know it will take some time.

You could read through this tutorial by Brink and see if it suites your needs better.
You will still have to do the Windows Updates.

Repair Install

How much free space do you have on the C drive/partition?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/357422-re-installing-windows-7-retrieval-updates.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey guys.

I've just recently booted from a hdd that has not been used in months, however , have encounter some updating issues.

1. Not completely sure if updates have been downloaded as info bar does not move.

2. Upon shutting down system to install updates it takes ages! Left system on for over 12 hours and returned to find system still on installing update 1 of 23!

Any help/ ideas guys. Any help appreciated!

Danny

A:Windows 7 installing updates VERY long!?

Hi the first question I will ask is how it is trying to install and what was the reason for leaving it for months ie was there some previous unresolved issue you may have forgotten about

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-installing-updates-very-long-657274.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Have had 3 BSODs in the past week. Witnessed the most recent one when the machine was installing windows updates.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/395731-bsod-while-installing-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi there,

Been having a few problems with my computer lately on Windows Vista and I've tracked them all back to the fact that my updater CAN download the updates fine, but when it tries to install them it gives me a big fat FAILED!

Just wondering if anyone can suggest anything that may be causing these 'fails' and tell me if there is any possible solutions. If any specs are needed, please ask since this isn't my personal computer so don't bother taking notice of my system.

Thanks!

A:Windows Updater Not Installing Updates - XP

You are posting in the XP forum, I am Moving your thread to the Vista/7 forum for better results.
Run the Microsoft FixIt Fix the problem with Microsoft Windows Update that is not working

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-updater-not-installing-updates-xp-651424.html
Relevancy 51.6%

my mom yrs old has several issues w xp home i am trying to help but don t live w her so i attempt to work on her computer when i visit windows automatic update downloads updates ok but system crashes when installing them i have to use system restore to get up amp running again but problem stll remains also system starts up very slow will intermittently run slow amp occasionally abrubtly shut down a video game while playing it updates... when crashes installing windows xp pop-ups seem to be under control for the most part used to spider like crazy firewall keeps letting in quot abetterinternet com aurora quot even tho denying access porno emails are totally out of control per day i am not comfortable editing registry amp am not familiar w hijackthis etc if when these conditions are repaired i would like to install SP she is currently using outlook express norton antivirus spybot stopthepopup zonealarm any help and xp crashes when installing windows updates... or suggestions will be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

I have Windows XP w SP- installed on a laptop Last night I was notified that Windows installing shutdown updates XP on there were four critical updates to be installed I clicked to install them When I shut the computer down I noticed that the quot Turn off quot button had the little security shield icon superimposed and mousing over the button said that it would install updates and shut down my computer I had never noticed anything like this before but I assumed it was a new Windows XP installing updates on shutdown feature that came with a recent Windows update Now I m worried that I was wrong because after shutting down at pm or Windows XP installing updates on shutdown so last night the computer seems to be hung I have a screen with a blue background the Windows XP logo and I get a message that alternates between saying quot Do not turn off or unplug your computer it will turn off automatically quot and quot Installing update of quot Again this is behaviour I ve never seen before and has been going on now for over hours Unfortunately I Windows XP installing updates on shutdown did not make note of the critical updates but I seem to remember that the file sizes were not that large Can anyone tell me if I m just installing a very large update of some sort and shouldn t interrupt it or if something has gone wrong and I need to hard re-boot Thanks for your help nbsp

A:Windows XP installing updates on shutdown

I experienced the same last night. That was the first time I have seen an update at shut down. However, I did not experience any problems. The update took about a minute or two, then my laptop shut down as normal. I'm not the person to tell you if you have a problem, or what to do about it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-installing-updates-on-shutdown.308748/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi everyone

I recently did a factory boot of my system so of course upon the first or second restart I was bombarded with about 140 windows updates! Maybe it's just me and my predisposed distrust for windows update, but my comp seems to be moving slightly slower now, but that isn't the issue right now.

Does anyone know how to tell when the recommended windows updates are a good idea to install? I usually just install the recommended ones. I'm doing this solely on the fact that the machine is telling me to since I don't know how to judge whether or not an update is needed. I would like to know if anyone has some sort of criteria before they accept a windows update.

Thanks!

A:When are windows updates worth installing?

I am going to give you the correct answer.

I am not going to give you the answer you want to hear.

First, Win 7 is NOT eXPired.

Second, carry out the following procedure perfectly.

UPDATING YOUR WIN 7
1. ASSURE THAT YOU RECEIVE ALL UPDATES
WIN | type WINDOWS UPDATE | ENTER |
Change settings (left-hand column) |
checkmark all four of the boxes | OK button

Approve any dialog boxes presented. Let Windows install any update features.

WIN is the key with the Microsoft flag on top.

2. INSTALL CRITICAL UPDATES
Check for Updates (left-hand column)
Install ALL critical updates.
Restart your computer (even if not prompted)

Repeat this procedure until there are no more critical updates.

DO NOT TRUST the “Windows is up to date” in center of dialog. until you see that TWICE IN A ROW!

3. INSTALL IMPORTANT UPDATES
Use the “critical update” procedure until all important updates are installed.

4. INSTALL OPTIONAL UPDATES
Use the “critical update” procedure until all optional updates are installed.

Under Optional updates you will be presented with a list of about 34 language updates.
You can hide those updates so that aren't continually notified of those updates. When you click on 34 optional updates are available, then you
a) highlight all of the language updates,
b) right-click anywhere in the highlighted list.
c) click on Hide Updates,
d) OK button.
UPDATE GOLDEN RULES
Install ALL, yes, ALL updates.
This is Win 7 and not Vista or XP (eXPired).

UPDATE IS HUNG –TAKING FOREVER
Hung is very doubtful unless you interrupted updates.

CTRL + SHIFT + ESC key combo will pop-up the Task Manager.
Lo and behold, Windows Update is still running!

You hold down the CTRL and SHIFT keys.
While holding them down, tap the ESC key once.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/231573-when-windows-updates-worth-installing.html
Relevancy 51.6%

have windows XP Pro with service pack 2 installed on my pc. I have recently tried installing new antivirus software without any success. When I went to get the lastest windows system updates (some 38 of them!), there was only 2 that installed and all the others failed. I downloaded service pack 3 as it had all the updates but it also failed to unpack and install.

I believe there is obviously something wrong with the operating system and the updates which has not allowed me to install anything. I have looked at the XP installation CD and help files. There are a couple of options open to me including a reinstall of the operating system. I cautious on doing this as I dont want to loose any of the existing programs and files on my computer.

Wondering if anyone else has come across this problem and what the best solution would be.

Thank you

A:Problem installing windows updates

Try this:
1) Make sure you have admin privileges.
2)Insert O/S disc.
3)Cancel or press no, if you have the autorun setting on.
4)Hit start->Run->type "sfc /scannow"

It will scan your OS if any of your system files has changed anyway and since you have the windows CD in the CD drive it will copy the oem files from the cd to fix the problem.

It will take sometimes, so do it when you have time to kill, if it prompts you, just keep clicking retry.

Now try to download and reinstall the updates now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-installing-windows-updates.804349/
Relevancy 51.6%

I've just started receiving a problem with not being able to install Windows updates. They seem to download ok, but I'm getting failing errors upon trying to install them.

The error codes I'm receiving are Code 800B0100, and Code 8024200D.

I've run scan now under the command prompt and did not receive any integrity issues.

I'm trying to attach the CBS.zip file to this thread, but all I end up with is a 404 server error, so I'm not sure what that's all about. At any rate, I'll keep trying to upload the file for someone more knowledgeable than me to take a look at, and hopefully, please help me out.

A:Windows Updates Failing/Not Installing

Ok, I realized that the CBS.zip file was too large to attach. I've deleted out some of the .cab files to get under the limit. Hopefully, this helps now. Attachment 337398

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/349433-windows-updates-failing-not-installing.html
Relevancy 51.6%

My computer bluesecreens a LOT (3 times just today), has been nearly since I built it 5 years ago and I've gone through everything to fix it. Last thing I've noticed is that there have been a couple of updates to my motherboard firmware but when I try to install them I just get an error that they won't work with a 64 bit OS (Win7 64). I thought about using a live CD running a 32 bit Windows just to install the update. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Any reason it might not be a good idea? I looked around and just at first glance saw one called Vista pe that looked pretty decent.

A:Installing updates via Windows Live CD

You may be able to flash it directly from the BIOS. My ASUS motherboards have an Easyflash utility built in. I just put the rom file on a thumb drive and do it all from the BIOS menu. The motherboard manufacturer may also have a utility to create a bootable thumb drive with the flash utility on it. Then you just boot from the thumb drive and run the utility. It might be easier than the live CD method.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/234723-installing-updates-via-windows-live-cd.html