Windows Support Forum

Have connection but no Internet access

Q: Have connection but no Internet access

My wireless connection works fine, but the computers in my house that are wired directly to the router are connected to the network but have no internet access. Ive tried using multiple Ethernet cables but it still doesn't work. The only thing i could think of is a problem with the router since its happening on multiple computers, but i guess i could be wrong. Any help would be great.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Have connection but no Internet access

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Have connection but no Internet access

Is this problem something that just suddenly happened on all the cable connections?

Open control panel, go to network connections. Right click on Local Area Connection and click properties. Select TCP/IP and select properties. Make sure it is set to automatically obtain IP address.

What operating system is being used on the problem PC's.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/have-connection-but-no-internet-access.164285/
Relevancy 54.61%

I am using Internet Explorer Microsoft Outlook on Windows XP - internet is programs needing internet access with probs internet connection no Any crashing, connected I have received e-mails and managed to access internet via a microsoft error message link to view microsoft terms amp conditions of sending the errror report When I try to access explorer the timer comes up briefly but nothing happens Outlook loads up and I have received e-mails but when I click on anything it freezes We use McAffee and I have tried using this to scan and it Any programs needing internet access crashing, no probs with internet connection encounters an error and closes I have downloaded and run Malwarebytes and noticed trojan names in the log - Vundo fakealert and BHO all allegedly quarantined amp deleted IT guy came round last night and he istalled amp ran AVG PC Tuneup - that was as far as his help Any programs needing internet access crashing, no probs with internet connection extended after hours - hoping you can help please find logs etc as requested below Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportMgmtService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXE C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaantmon exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee McSvcHost McSvHost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfevtps exe C Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamS exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Sage SData Sage SData Service exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportService exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C PROGRA Sony SONICS SsAAD exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C PROGRA EPSONS EVENTM EEventManager exe C Program Files SweetIM Messenger SweetIM exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe G Programs SPS Sage Practice Solution Server Application Hosts Service Monitor exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C Program Files ASUS WLAN Card Utilities Center exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office Live OfficeLiveSignIn exe C WINDOWS system dwwin exe C PROGRA McAfee MSM McSmtFwk exe C PROGRA COMMON McAfee MSC McUICnt exe C WINDOWS system dwwin exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Documents and Settings Kathy Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page h... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/any-programs-needing-internet-access-crashing-no-probs-with-internet-connection.961420/
Relevancy 54.61%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2400 @ 1.83GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 8
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2551 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family, 224 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 57231 MB, Free - 45473 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 30AD
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Hello,

I am using a program called Currports to monitor my ports and internet connections. I use Zonealarm Firewall as my firewall. Currports keeps asking to access the internet, and I keep denying it access because I don't see why this program would need to access the internet. Should I be allowing it to access the internet? Is there a valid reason why this type of program would need to access the internet? Any help would be appreciated thank you.

A:Solved: Should Port/Internet Connection monitoring program access internet?

Does not allowing it to access the Internet affect the information it gives you? Are you satisfied with the results? If all is well, I'd say you don't have to allow it. I personally use the program and I have no problem with letting it access the Internet. I have always found Nirsoft to be a trustworthy company. Besides, the program may need to access the Internet or its servers to find all the information it displays.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-should-port-internet-connection-monitoring-program-access-internet.1110554/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a dell inspiron E1505 and I restored my system because it was terrible before and not my connection status says unknown and then it says access is denied but I do have internet connection and when I get on the internet an error pops up and it brings me to a page that it would bring u to if u had lost internet connection and when I go on chatroulette and click next it will say assert in lsp so I click ignore but it just keeps popping back up please respond with an answer need help really bad please and thank you!

A:internet access is denied and connection status is unknown and when on internet probs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-access-is-denied-and-connection-status-is-unknown-and-when-on-internet-probs.1011931/
Relevancy 54.18%

So after my Dell laptop automatically updated from Windows services the internet is suddenly not working anymore also my iTunes has problem of recognizing my iphone it totally ignores to Internet!! - Wireless Internet Solved: Connected Connection Cannot Access but when i plug my iphone in I wonder that updating my windows has affected the ability performance of my Dell It was working fine the day before and now all the sudden it Solved: Wireless Internet Connection - Connected but Cannot Access to Internet!! won t let me access to internet no more I use internet at my school s library sorry I m a low income studen I tried to removed all the stored internet profiles and reentered but it wouldnt change anything I also tried to come over my friend house and tried to connect to internet but the same problem happened Connected to internet but has no access I dont know know the information of the router modem etc but I have the ipconfig pingy thing and hijackthis I dont know this information is enough but please please help me I really need internet to do my hw Thanks you guys much much Here is the command thing Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Michael gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Michael-Laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - D-E - - -F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f f b e ab Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address - -C - - F- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B A- FF - D -B - AD br FCA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B A- FF - D -B - AD br FCA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B A- FF - D -B - AD br FCA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B A- FF - D -B - AD br FCA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B A- FF - D -B - AD br FCA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B A- FF - D -B - AD br FCA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B A- FF - D -B - AD br FCA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection ... Read more

A:Solved: Wireless Internet Connection - Connected but Cannot Access to Internet!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-internet-connection-connected-but-cannot-access-to-internet.858000/
Relevancy 53.75%

My computer connection Fallback to internet loss? access after second internet has two network adapters connected to two different internet gateways One is Ethernet and the other is WIFI The Ethernet connection is first on the access order list if you don't know what I'm talking about see the image attached and the WIFI is second Today the internet access was lost on the Ethernet connection however internet access was still available on the WIFI connection In spite of this Windows and all other applications were sill trying to use the first connection instead of switching to Fallback to second internet connection after internet access loss? the one with internet access What I want to know is why for example when only the internet access is lost on one adapter i e the adapter is still connected Fallback to second internet connection after internet access loss? has an IP but no internet gateway or DNS server address es are available Windows doesn't fallback to the other connection which has internet access In the same sense why can't Windows divide outgoing connections between all internet-connected adapters and utilize two separate bandwidths Thank you very much

A:Fallback to second internet connection after internet access loss?

Hello,

If you'd like to utilize both ethernet and Wi-Fi simultaneously, setting up interface metric might help.
An explanation of the Automatic Metric feature for Internet Protocol routes

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/242170-fallback-second-internet-connection-after-internet-access-loss.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Here is the system info Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R M processor GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R GM GME Graphics Controller Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard IBM SLU Antivirus None ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ My issue I have a modem router combination I got a virus that brings up a fake anti-virus on my IBM Thinkpad with a wired connection Ping exe was in the processes and took up a lot of memory Every time I stopped it it would reappear a few moments later There was also a process that I could kill to stop the fake anti-virus Since Ping exe would not go away and the virus was preventing me from running scans I borrowed a relative s computer and plugged it into the same modem router combo Before getting help from another forum I tried mutiple things to stop the virus including registry editing registry cleaning and the scans that I could get running Somewhere along the way I lost an internet connection on the IBM Thinkpad and it went from limited to no connectivity to constantly acquiring network address Another forum had me run multiple virus scans and post logs which I was able to do with a flash drive Eventually the viruses were gone and the internet connection showed that it s connected however I cannot display a webpage in internet explorer and can t connect to applications such as yahoo messenger Internet access connection working, can't but Internet If I go to a web address from my favorites the page can t be displayed If I type in www yahoo com for example the message on the page will say the address is not valid and the following will show in the address bar http The diagnostic log from Internet Explorer shows a DNS issue and so does the log fom Yahoo Messenger I called my ISP and Internet connection working, but can't access Internet I was told it was the DNS after they had me release renew refresh etc and I still had no connection Below I will post what is shows in the Internet connection working, but can't access Internet command prompt after I type ipconfig all and I will also post the Network Diagnostics log from Internet Explorer that come from the quot diagnose connection problems quot Ipconfig all Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Muzik gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name IBM-EE D E D Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connecti on Physical Address - A-E - -D -DE Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Sunday January AM Lease Expires Sunday January AM Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Documents and Settings Muzik gt Network Diagnostics for Windows XP Last diagnostic run time DNS Client Diagnostic DNS - Not a home user scenario info Using Web Proxy no info Resolving name ok for www microsoft com no No DNS servers DNS failure info Query www microsoft com against DNS Server Type x Options x e returns x info Query www microsoft com against DNS Server Type x Options x e returns x info Query www microsoft com against DNS Server Type x Options x e returns x action Automated repair Renew IP address action Releasing the current IP address action Successfully released the current IP address action Renewing the IP address action Successfully renewed the current IP address info Query www microsoft com against DNS Server Type x Options x e returns x info Query www microsoft com against DNS Serve... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-working-but-cant-access-internet.1035221/
Relevancy 52.89%

I am trying to setup internet connection sharing between my laptop Connected to WiFi and my pc which has no wireless connection I've spent a day or two troubleshooting problems such as 'LAN' doesn't have valid configuration and such i found a solution and I've got the two connections to be able to see each other but i Access No Internet Sharing: Connection internet can't get an internet connection to go through I have my ipconfig all for both computers available Both have had excess trimmed off to save on character limit Laptop Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R LM Gigabit Network Connection Physical Address C- -D - - -B DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe bc a c Preferred Internet Connection Sharing: No internet Access IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -CB-C - - C- -D - - -B DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Internet Connection Sharing: No internet Access Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix BigPond Description Intel R Centrino R Advanced-N Physical Address Internet Connection Sharing: No internet Access - - - A- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d b f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday June PM Lease Expires Wednesday June PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -CB-C - - C- -D - - -B DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Main PC Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address B -AC- F-DD- - A DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe fc d e fc Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - D- C-FA-B -AC- F-DD- - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled If there is anything else needed please post and i'll add it

A:Internet Connection Sharing: No internet Access

Far as I know you can't share a wireless to wired connection.

You can shared wired to wired and you can also share wireless but you need to set that up with the Microsoft virtual WIFI miniport.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/235794-internet-connection-sharing-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Toshiba Laptop with W- Owner uses only for internet everything browser No (Tried internet access connection--Have email etc Has no internet connection with IE Firefox Chrome in NORMAL mode Have a connection ipconfig OK can Ping sites Have a connection with all browsers in SAFE Mode Disclaimer-am IT for my own small SOHO PC business been a member here since I use a program called d II which is a System Repair Tool that can automate all my troubleshooting So far I have tried not necessarily in this order System Restore not available sfc scannow Cleaned with CCleaner Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Adwcleaner JRT Kaspersky TDDS Hitman Pro Combofix In addition I have done a complete Networking repair using quot Windows Repair AIO quot which checked Hosts Proxy settings Apply DHCP to all Nics Release and Renew Reset network interfaces Repaired Windows firewall When none of this worked I used Brink's Install Repair which didn't work I'll take any suggestions Please My last option is to create System Recovery Discs and bork the whole thing Pete

A:No browser internet connection--Have internet access (Tried everything

If it works in Safe Mode then a Clean Boot/Startup is usually a good next step to try:

Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/351334-no-browser-internet-connection-have-internet-access-tried-everything.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi My problem first started about weeks ago when malware got through my computer's defenses and started infecting my browsers with ads and tried to take over my a connection despite access having internet the Can't browser completely by calling itself search protectdio of course I knew this was BS and I used ADWcleaner to wipe it out but it would always come back and we sort of did a tug-of-war where I would clean it up once signs of it were showing up again as well as unchecking proxy settings whenever I had trouble connecting to the internet Finally without me realizing it Can't access the internet despite having a connection had managed to shut down my computer without my input and that's when I realized it not only broke through once again but this time after cleaning it with other antivirus programs such as MalwareBytes and confirming all traces of malware were gone for good it had done serious damage to my computer's ability to access the internet at all whether it'd be firefox google chrome or playing steam games I am definitely certain that this issue is with my desktop alone since I'm posting this message with my laptop and other computers devices can access my home network For a while I checked and tried many things resetting the HOSTS txt after I found odd and unusual values in its place tried sfc scannow but instead of scanning for any problems all i get is windows resource protection could not start the repair service and resetting the IPconfig flushing the DNS and all that This has given me a great deal of stress and I feel like I'm at my wit's end here But the one thing I haven't tried yet is reaching out to you guys showing the results of when I use something like MiniToolBox and I was wondering if you've encountered something like this before and if you had any suggestions on how I can fix my problem

A:Can't access the internet despite having a connection

When you remove malware from a computer there is a good chance it will break Winsock. Type CMD in the search box. Right Click > Run As Administrator. At the command prompt type the two following commands and then reboot.

netsh winsock reset
netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/613364/cant-access-the-internet-despite-having-a-connection/
Relevancy 52.03%

I was having some issues with a virus that continually interrrupted my surfing with popups and advertisements for antivirus software, even when I disconnected from the internet, and so I downloaded the free version of avg and used that to get rid of the virus. However, now I cannot use any of the browsers (Internet explorer, Safari, Forefox) on my computer to surf the internet. My computer shows that I am connected to the internet but I cannot view any webpages. I know my connection is fine so it has to be a problem with the computer itself. What can I do?

A:Internet Connection but no access!

What page does it show when you open your browser? I dealt with a similar virus last month, and while I removed it just fine, it had left all the home pages as an html file that was now deleted, so it it showed 'page not available you may not be connected to the internet blahblahblah'. Check what's showing in the address bar at the top, and try accessing Google etc. If you already have, then sorry. :p

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/internet-connection-but-no-access-404350.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello everyone,

It seems I can't access the interweb from my Windows XPSP3. My internet connection is fine, works on my other computers connected to the network, and works if I boot into linux. I can play multiplayer games just fine ect...google talk lets me chat with people and alerts me to emails; also, if I right click the google chat icon and click inbox, it actually takes my to my inbox and I can email people. Gmail does NOT work if I try to access by typing in the URL, as with any other web page.
Avira updates would not download due to connection error, until I changed the update option from proxy to something else.
MSN Messenger will not let me sign in.
Malwarebytes, Avira, Avast, appear clean.
I don't remember screwing around, but it seems as though i've messed up some of my connection settings, especially considering the Avira update.

~ Thanks.

A:No Internet access, despite connection

Can you disable AVAST and you're running AVIRA also? What are you on laptop or desktop. Wireless or wired. If you go under cmd type: ipconfig /flushdns and do you get an error if you use such a command?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-internet-access-despite-connection.150022/
Relevancy 52.03%

my name is nurudeen i came accross this forum on my iphone apps i have been battling with the caption for a week now I ran 'cmd' as instructed in your tutorial please see the result below i don't know what next step to take Windows IP Configuration Host Name hp Primary Dns Suffix no connection access internet but have Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter have connection but no internet access Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL SE b g n WiFi Adapter Physical Address C- - D- F- F- D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address -EB- - C- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap EF C - F A- - -C AC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - have connection but no internet access - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap A E - B - ED -BFB - CF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Kindly help me nurudeen

A:have connection but no internet access

Hi, from the screen you have provided no network device is enable or working i.e no connection to a router as no IP addresses are present (wired or wireless) - all show as media disconnected !!! Can you a bit more specific what your setup is so I can look at it further ..... tks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/212141-have-connection-but-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 52.03%

right now I'm having a problem at I can't access the internet or aim on my desktop even though it shows that it's got a connection. I used the CMD option to do a ping test which got replies. I had been having problems before with viruses and malware which I posted at this site and got some resolutions so I'm hoping to get some more help here. Thanks.

A:can't access internet but has a connection

nevermind, I was able to find some info to fix it. For others who might run into this issue, this is what worked for me:

For those using Microsoft windows XP service pack2, follow the steps below
Click on start menu>RUN and type

ncpa.cpl

click ok
Right click the appropriate connection and click repair.

step2:repair winsock
Click start menu >RUN, type netsh winsock reset and then click ok
Command prompt flashes,restart your computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/241316/cant-access-internet-but-has-a-connection/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a rather strange situation here. Here is my modem, and what it is connected to (is connected with TV service) (output 2 is for modem)

Whilst connected to this, my internet works fine. However, when I move it to a different room, and plug the white cord into the outlet, it seems I am only able to get a local connection. I have the ipconfig /all notepad file, and will PM it to you if required. Basically, I want to be able to have a wired and wireless connection to the internet, with the modem in a different room.

A:Only local access on internet connection

Can you clarify exactly what changes you made to the modem that prevents you from having wired or wireless connection to the internet when moving it to a different room? I mean if output 2 is still going to the modem and everything is plugged in as usual, then it should still work no matter the physical location. So I assume you must have changed some wiring for this problem to occur?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/only-local-access-on-internet-connection.1124127/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a T eMachine Ghz Have router no Internet but connection to the Access GB RAM Microsoft Windows XP Home w SP I also have a Linksys WRT GS V Router and Linksys Wireless-G Model No WUSB G Adapter Both of these have worked just fine in the past however the adapter quit connecting Have connection to the router but no Internet Access to the internet several weeks Have connection to the router but no Internet Access ago and I just now got around to trying to figure out the problem I completely reset the router and reinstalled it It was working Have connection to the router but no Internet Access just fine on the computer to which it was attached The router the computer attached to it and a laptop in the same building were all working just fine I can t attach the eMachines to the router as it is a desktop and across the street I uninstalled the adapter attached to it and reinstalled it For a few hours last night it worked just fine but today when I tried I could not get an internet connection again I have worked on it all day long and things keep getting worse The Ipconfig works fine everything is working except no internet connection I disconnected the adapter from the eMachines and attached it to a Gateway Solo Laptop and the adapter works fine I also brought the HP Laptop from across the street here and it works fine too I have spent hours and hours on the phone with Linksys They say it is eMachines problem eMachines says it is a third party problem I resorted to trying to repair winsockxp That was a mistake I took the machine back to several restore points prior to repairing the winsockxp but now I get error such as I cannot now uninstall the Linksys software The install will begin and I get an error message that says quot An installation support file could not be installed The system cannot find the file specified quot No file is specified Can someone please help me I desperately need that wireless connection working but I have no idea what to do next nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/have-connection-to-the-router-but-no-internet-access.516996/
Relevancy 51.6%

all of a sudden I opened up chrome and put in an andress have internet connection a access the I yet connot and nothing happened the extended url if that's the right thing to call it came up and it told me the page was loding but nothing ever happened I then cheked to make sure I actualy had internet connot access the internet yet I have a connection I did I tried opening a page with mozilla and then IE again nothing I checked some other postes and tried restoring my computer to an earlier date it worked bit wjen I came back the next day my computer had restarted to install updates and the problem was back repeated atrempts at recovery did not give back the previous results Another post asked for me to reistall my networkimg driver no success I am now backing up important files incase I need to do a reistall My computer is the only PC I have access to so downloading programs and moving them toy computer is difficult mac to PC Thanks for your help I'm on my phone right now of you ate wondering why this post looks so ugly

A:connot access the internet yet I have a connection

Try to do a flush DNS inside the command prompt

Click on then type in cmd and press [ENTER] inside the command prompt type

Code:
ipconfig /flushdns

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/284694-connot-access-internet-yet-i-have-connection.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi I seem to have changed some settings on mycomputer inadvertantly I will try to give as detailed a sequence of events as possible my zonealarm firewall showed a request for a new update i downloaded the update exe I first ran the exe with update option There were some error messages thrown up cant remember the exact messages Internet active Cannot access despite connection and this still showed a update required message so the next time i re ran the exe with a clean update agian error message to the effect - cant run zll exe file after this i got a message to restart computer to effect changes on restart baloon in system tray saying zonealarm turned off click here for details on clicking i got the option that Windows firewall was turned off click here to enable clicked enable after that i cant seem to connect Cannot access Internet despite connection active to internet i have a wireless router so am able to connect on other laptops only unable to connect via desk top can somene help please hope these details are sufficient nbsp

A:Cannot access Internet despite connection active

Why would you enable the Windows Firewall if you are using ZoneAlarm? Running 2 firewalls can easily prevent connection.

I'd suggest you completely uninstall ZoneAlarm, turn off the Windows Firewall, and then reinsatll ZA.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-access-internet-despite-connection-active.560311/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello to the forum I m in need of some serious help here Working with a Dell Inspiron laptop that s running windows The machine can not get full access to the Internet It seems as if there is a software conflict but I can t find what it is It did display the BSOD a couple of times but the screen was gone before I could see what the codes were The system restore only has days of restore points neither did anything to help Running the diagnostics produced the following Can't Please only. help! Limited access Internet. connection codes f x x c - All repair options suggest patches that require an Internet connection Well if the computer had an Internet connection I wouldn t be in such a state Reminds me of the car repair manual that says to start the engine to preform a test when the problem is the engine won t start Anyway I m at a loss This isn t even my machine it belongs to the sister in-law which means I have no idea of what she may have done Please help! Can't access Internet. Limited connection only. if anything to cause the problem There s a lot of Apple software Please help! Can't access Internet. Limited connection only. for the ipod or itouch whatever it is she uses I can t access the recent update history so I m not sure if updates are a factor It sure seems like a software issue but what do I know If I knew what I was doing I surely wouldn t be here seeking help lol One other thing when the machine is first booting a window of some sort appears just after the desktop appears It only flashes for a split second before disappearing Not long enough to tell what it is Well that s all I have I sure hope that someone has an idea The computer isn t even years old so it d a shame to have to throw it away As far as programs goes it has very little and the GB HD isn t even filled Thanks much for reading my thread and thanks for any help or ideas

A:Please help! Can't access Internet. Limited connection only.

Is "Bonjour" on the machine? If so, uninstall it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/416513/please-help-cant-access-internet-limited-connection-only/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello all you tech whizzes Here is my dilemma up until last morning my internet connection had been working perfectly fine My computer is connected wirelessly through a D-Link wireless adapter and has been ever since summer so I don t see how the problem just started yesterday my Limited Access Internet Connection brother and sister s wireless connection are also doing fine I discover that there is the yellow ball near the internet access symbol so Limited Access Internet Connection I try to troubleshoot the problem Windows tells me that I have a problem with the device of the wireless adapter So in response to this I check up my wireless adapter It is very well inside the USB port and is lighting up When I open up the wireless adapter symbol it shows me that I am connected to the main router with a strong signal Still no internet connection I try to update my driver but how can I do that with no internet connection Please help me find Limited Access Internet Connection a solution for this problem all help is appreciated nbsp

A:Limited Access Internet Connection

hiya try a simple system restore back to a date before it failed,for XP goto start>accessories>system tools>system restore,vista and 7 is located in control panel>recovery

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/limited-access-internet-connection.977762/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a frustrating problem on a Windows 98SE computer - I cannot get an Internet connection. I can access the LAN network without any problems. I've checked every network feature in Network Neighborhood and checked it next to an existing working Windows 98SE computer and they match perfectly. I also get a good IP address. I can't, however, ping an IP address or a name address outside the network. I can ping everything on the inside -router, computers, everything. It is a computer on my work network and we let DHCP handle all of the addressing and DNS. This is driving me crazy! I need help!!

Relevancy 51.6%

I contactacted a Trojan virus "Department of Justice" on my computer and I restarted the computer to a date prior to the date that the virus showed up.
Since then, I cannot connect to my home wifi. I get the message that I have "limited access". The internet is fine on daughters computer and iPad.
I have unplugged the modum and router and still cannot gain access.

A:limited access internet connection

usually the restore partition also has the virus , so you may still be infected

lets try this

a tcp/ip reset - also post a fabar log

what windows version do you have

------------------------------------------------------------------------

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8

For Windows Visat/Windows 7
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on the screen ):

For Windows 8
to open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands:

Note: Type only the text in bold and red for the following commands.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog and press enter

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log and press enter

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log and press enter

ReStart (reboot) the machine.

If you receive the message
The requested operation requires elevation.
Then please open the command prompt as administrator - as requested above
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

Please note and post back - if you receive the following message :-
Access is Denied

please post back the results in a reply here - its important we know that these commands have worked correctly and not produced any errors
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Details also here
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2/SP3

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on the screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands:

Note: Type only the text in bold and red for the following commands.

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults, type: netsh int ip reset reset.log and press enter

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults, type: netsh winsock reset catalog and press enter

ReStart (reboot) the machine.

Please note and post back - if you receive the following message :-
Access is Denied

please post back the results in a reply here - its important we know that these commands have worked correctly and not produced any errors
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Details also here
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357

Services - Fabar Service Scanner, free

We would like to see some status information for each of the services on the PC goto

http://www.technibble.com/fabar-service-scanner/

and download the free scanner tool

Theres a Direct link to the program here
http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/farbar/FSS.exe

Now "double click" on the downloaded file to run the scanner , the scanner program will now open

tick all the options. and then click on scan

the scan results will open automatically in a seperate window in the notepad program.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

i... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/limited-access-internet-connection.1092195/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello first post here I had a Zero Access infection and removal connection internet Zero now no Access and after reading through several forums and trying various suggestions I seem to have removed it Combofix runs I now know that I shouldn t have run this but it did find and eliminate the Zero Access rootkit and now no longer sees any infections Malawarebytes now runs and Zero Access removal and now no internet connection sees nothing as does Spybot Zero Access removal and now no internet connection However I now have no internet connection and I cannot seem to start my NOD service I tried to repair the NOD and it fialed saying someting called NUPD msi cold not be found I have tried various things like registering the service flushing DNS etc removing NOD all to no avail I cannot start the Windows firewall as it says that I have a dead connection The message in the taskbar is that I have limited or no connectivity Repairing the internet also does nothing I have also tried rolling back the driver uninstalling and reinstalling the device and that kind of thing I also can now no longer install NOD as the service cannot be started So something is still on my system that is preventing me from having an internet connection I know it works becuase I am using another computer on the same wireless to write this post and running NOD and Windows Firewall I have attached the requested files as well as the most recent Combofix file and a TDSSKiller log DDS txt DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Bill at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exesvchost exeC Program Files Common Files Macrovision Shared FLEXnet Publisher FNPLicensingService exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvcC WINDOWS Explorer EXE Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www yahoo com mSearch Bar hxxp srch-us hpwis com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt uURLSearchHooks H - No FileBHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No FileBHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO FF D- A - A-A EF- BA A E - No FileBHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot SDHelper dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dllBHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllBHO FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - No FileTB HP View b e - d d- deb- b - d bcf f - EB - a - b-a - c a a - No FileIE Download with GetRight - c program files getright GRdownload htmIE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra mi office EXCEL EXE IE Open with GetRight Browser - c program files getright GRbrowse htmIE Open with WordPerfect - c program files corel wordperfect office x programs WPLauncher htaIE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exeIE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exeIE DE FCD - EB - D -AD - B - DE FCD - EB - D -AD - B - c progra kingsoft xdict IEPlugin dllIE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D - c progra mi office REFIEBAR DLLIE C CE C - - D -B B- C DC DC - C CE C - - D -B B- C DC DC - c progra kingsoft xdict IEPlugin dllIE DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - - F - D - - D F - c progra spybot SDHelper dllTrusted Zone microsoft com www updateDPF - - - - AA B - hxxp download microsoft com download e f e fcec b- c b- b -adab-ab c a f wvc dmo cabDPF E A- D- EE - C-DC FA D FC - hxxp www update microsoft com microsoftupdate v V Controls en x client muweb site cab DPF E E F- F- FB - -AC BF A - hxxp platformdl adobe com NOS getPlusPlus gp cabNotify igfxcui - igfxsrvc dll SERVICES DRIVERS R SaiH SaiH c windows system drivers SaiH sys - - R SaiH BAC SaiH BAC c windows system drivers SaiH BAC sys - - S clr optimization v Microsoft NET Framework NGEN v X c ... Read more

A:Zero Access removal and now no internet connection

Ok, I can't get GMER to finish. It seems to finish, although I htink there are more files to go and I tr to save and the PC locks up. Says I don't have enough resources to save the file. SO that is twice now. NOw what?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/419618/zero-access-removal-and-now-no-internet-connection/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello everyone and thanks in advance for any help I have searched for hours and tried any and all suggestions but I haven't been able to fix this so here it is Problem I have a good wifi connection but no internet access Details I recently did no access Connection OK, internet in windows 7 a recovery on my Asus N SV running Windows Home Premium and ever Connection OK, no internet access in windows 7 since I have gotten intermittent internet access Every other computer on my network is working fine including this one on my Ubuntu partition The wired ethernet connection gets exactly the same problem In the moments with internet access I was able to update Windows to the latest updates My firewall is down and I don't have an antivirus I can ping myself and the router but get a request timeout for google com What I have tried First I tried Connection OK, no internet access in windows 7 basic troubleshooting enable disable the adapter rebooting rebooting the router and the computer Then I updated the drivers on both the ethernet and wireless adapters I also went to the command line with ipconfig flushdns ipconfig renew I fixed the DNS at I got a reserved IP in my network Y tried the winsock restart also setting the default gateway Afterwards I just cried for while didn't work either I'm attaching two images the first is the ipconfig all output I get now whith no access and the second is what I got last time I had internet access for a bit I'll appreciate any help thank for reading

A:Connection OK, no internet access in windows 7

I did two more things that seem to have solved the problem.
First I accidentaly toggled the Keyboard wifi button off and on again.
Then I changed the security settings on my network from WPA2 to WEP and changed the SSID, at present I can access the internet and everything seems to be in working order...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/338096-connection-ok-no-internet-access-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I m basically technologically retarded so please bear with me I m trying to get my dad s old Gateway running Windows XP Professional Sp Intel Pentium CPU GHz MB of RAM to connect to his new Gateway running Vista Intel Pentium D CPU GHz MB RAM -bit so I but won't a the network internet... access connection, Has can access the internet from the XP machine The internet connection is through Charter High Speed the modem is a Motorola SURFboard and the router is a Has a network connection, but won't access the internet... Belkin I m not sure if more info is needed and if so I ll need instructions on where to find it If I click on Network Connections the XP machine recognizes the LAN connection but won t allow me to access the web I used the CMD prompt and renewed the IP address to Has a network connection, but won't access the internet... no avail I tried to set up a new network but it wants me to run Network Wizard on all the networked computers Didn t see anything of the sort in the Vista machine The Vista machine is networked with another Vista machine in the house it did it all on it s own And yes I m working with the quot base quot computer So after all that mumbo-jumbo does anyone have any ideas Because I feel lost Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

I have been on the phone collectively for hours with AT amp T as well as had a technician out here to internet Connection but no access... Wireless look at this problem I have a new wireless router box The whole At amp T system went down briefly tvs and all When it booted back up my computer wouldn't recognize the wireless network After getting a new box it will now recognize the wireless network in my home It says I am connected to the network with excellent strength but I still cannot get online My desktop works fine and I plugged the ethernet cable into my computer and it still won't get online being hardwired to the router My firewalls are turned off I have run an ipconfig with the following Wireless Connection but no internet access... message Wireless Wireless Connection but no internet access... LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Autoconfiguration IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Wireless Connection but no internet access... Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix And this last one quot Tunnel adapter Local Area Connections repeats using the numbers and with the same message Someone suggested I run an sfc scnnow The following message came up Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them Details are included in the CBS Log windir Logs CBS CBS log For example C Windows Logs CBS CBS log What do I do now And are there any other suggestions Of course my warranty for this computer ran out last month and I now can not get anyone to help The Toshiba line is of no help unless you are a complete computer-idiot Any help would be splendid Thanks

A:Wireless Connection but no internet access...

emelworth

I think its two problems. first the listed IP tells me you are not connected to the router/modem. the other problem is the sfc results.

Fixing the SFC files may fix the connectivity. do you have a backup to restore from?

ken

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/249699-wireless-connection-but-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi I have an hp laptop g series running windows and I have major problems with my internet connection It started two weeks ago and I called my internet service provider which directed internet no connection access? Wireless me to the HP line but they didn t help at all Finally my sister played around with the plugs the wireless router and it worked for a day But it doesn t work anymore I don Wireless connection no internet access? t know what the problem is I turned off the router wireless box and waited then switched it back on I also plug things and out And I tried plugging the cord into my laptop but I can t get the internet there either When I called HP they said I probably have a virus and something was wrong with my IP address But I ran scans and my computer is running normally I also have norton anti virus I know i m rambling but I really need help I already called turned it off and on everything that s suppose to help it Should I take it into geeksquad Idk what to do Any suggestions would be appreciated

A:Wireless connection no internet access?

Hi and welcome to Bleepingcomputer!

Can you give us some information on your router please?

Make and model number would be very helpful.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/316178/wireless-connection-no-internet-access/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a wireless HP Pavilion zv5000 laptop. I've tried numerous times to re-connect to the internet. The O/S is Windows XP
The wireless is security enabled, and the connection has limited or no connection.
I have a home network, the main computer is fine. I have a Linksys wireless G broadband router. My ISP was unable to help, neither was Linksys (they wanted to charge an exorbitant amount of $).
The Physical Address, IP Address, and Subnet Mask are fine. I do not get a reading on the
Default Gateway, DNS Server, or the WINS Server.
I've tried using the Network Wizard, and the Windows XP startup CD with no luck.
Can anyone help? I'm very good at following step-by-step directions. Thank you.

A:Cannot access wireless internet connection

From the laptop, can you see any wireless networks? If you can, click on your network and click connect. Enter the network key and click ok

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-access-wireless-internet-connection.122750/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a strong internet signal with no access. There is the yellow !.In my network connection details I have a 1 day lease which has not expired looks like same issue Suzie 31 talked about on the 9th of September

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/strong-internet-connection-no-access-4605680/
Relevancy 51.6%

I lost my internet a few days ago out of the blue. I have been in contact with my internet provider with no success. None of the troubleshooting options have worked and my security software is giving me warnings; but is unable to scan or update. I've rebooted, done a system restore and reset my IP settings via DOS, which has not worked either. I have full connectivity, just can't identify the network and therefore can't get passed to the internet. I have Windows 7. ANY THOUGHTS?? Thanks!

A:no internet connection-limited access

Do modem or router LEDs or other computers give you any clue as to whether the modem does not get a connection to your ISP or if a router is not getting a connection to the modem or if it's just your computer that has a problem?

Please show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-internet-connection-limited-access.994719/
Relevancy 51.6%

I bought a Toshiba for my wife a year ago it has been working great all of a sudden she tells me she cannot access the internet and I find out from manhy forums that this local access issue is a major problem I have yet to find a solution to other then wiping the machine and installing XP which is far more stable them vista but want to avoid that at all costs. I would appreciate anyones help here if there is a resolution to this issue which is a real pain.

A:Local Access no internet connection

We have to eliminate a few things before blaming Vista.... it could be your ISP having DNS issues or your browser losing it's settings (usually through humans mucking around too much)

So...which browser are you having problems with?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/235676-local-access-no-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, I have a Lenovo laptop with Windows 7 installed on it ans I have not been able to access the internet on it for the past couple days. Everytime I go to the Network and Sharing Center on the computer to see what is wrong, a diagram comes up that kind of looks like this :

Abushhab-PC ___Unidentified Network___Internet
(This computer)

The computer also tells me there is an IP conflict and I really do not know how to solve this. I do have another computer but it is home computer and not a laptop. I also can not access my router from the internet. The connection is strong but it keeps saying no internet access. Can someone please help me? It would be much appreciated. Thank you.

A:No internet access despite full connection

and welcome to the Forum

Lets take a peek at your network environment:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then:

Remove all the stored wireless network profiles and search for the network again.

How to Remove Stored Wireless Network Profiles for XP, Vista, and Windows 7

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found here's how.

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type type the following command: IPCONFIG /ALL and press enter.

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter. Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB drive, or a CD-R disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

then please Download and run this Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-internet-access-despite-full-connection-693236.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a problem with internet access when connecting wirelessly on ONE Win laptop on ONE router The same laptop connects to internet just fine to ALL other routers while ALL other computers with different OS connect to internet just fine access internet connection 64 wireless Win via Bad 7 via this router The laptop in question connects well to Bad internet access via wireless connection Win 7 64 the router itself and you can red everywhere that it is Bad internet access via wireless connection Win 7 64 connected to internet as well But when i try to load any pages in any browsers i get quot server not found quot in FireFox or quot This webpage is not available quot in Chrome Email and torrent clients don't work either This does not seem to be a DNS issue because accessing sites via IP address does not work Pinging any sites or IP addresses does not work The strangest thing is that the situation have been worsening slowly over last weeks - at first everything was just fine then i would have to reload pages every now and then last days i would succeed less and less frequently and as of yesterday - no luck at all Anyone has any idea what this could be Wireless card Atheros AR Cable modem with router Cisco EPC

A:Bad internet access via wireless connection Win 7 64

Welcome to Seven Forums Starko,

Do you have the latest driver for your Atheros?
ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows (Atheros?????)

If you have not done this yet, please remove all wireless profiles stored in your computer.
Easy Way to Delete Wireless Network Profile in Windows 7
Re add your SSID (wireless network) that you're trying to connect to with the correct encryption.

If none of the above suggestions worked please install and run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector from one of your wireless computers. Double click the Xirrus Icon on your Desktop, Tap the Printscreen key on your keyboard, open up Paint then choose Edit from the Menu and select Paste, then SAVE it. Upload and attached the file here.

Also, please post an ipconfig /all for review. Here's a tutorial.

Please post an update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/212480-bad-internet-access-via-wireless-connection-win-7-64-a.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a windows vista, connected to a wifi network. Internet does not work. In network and sharing, the access to the wifi is local only. How do I change it to local and internet only.?

The problem is not the router, the devices connected to the wifi have internet access and are functioning properly.

A:No internet Connection: Local Access Only?

can we see an ipconfig /all and an inSSIDer screen shot - see how below

Please post back here the make and exact model of the router and if you have a separate modem, the make and exact model of the modem.

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, kaspersky or Mcafee or any free security suites like zonealarm, AVG , Webroot etc

ipconfig /all

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the infomation above those entries

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
all the text will now be highlighted
Next

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

Run inSSIDer for home Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

(There is also an andriod & Mac OS X download )
http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/

download here ( Vista, 7 & 8 )
http://files.metageek.net/downloads/inSSIDer-installer.msi

download here ( XP & Netbooks )
http://files.metageek.net/downloads/inSSIDer-Installer-2.1.6.1394.msi

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop

click on networks on the top menu

post a screen shot of the program running.

post which SSID name is yours, if connected it will show up with a large blue star
To post a screen shot of the active window.

Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

Vista ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-internet-connection-local-access-only.1115447/
Relevancy 51.6%

Ok I have been having an extremely Internet Access Only Connection - Local annoying problem with my internet connection No mater what network I connect to I have Local Access only I have tried my home network the network at my school and a network Internet Connection - Local Access Only almost miles away and none of them worked either wired or wireless Up until a month ago it was working perfectly then I got a major virus I fixed my computer after Internet Connection - Local Access Only weeks but it did something to my internet I have been fighting with it for weeks I have tried many different methods of fixing it from restarting the computer the network card my home router and modem uninstalling network card drivers and reinstalling them I have looked in the command prompt and tried a few different methods Internet Connection - Local Access Only in there i have tried going through the registry and changing some setting I tried to ping my router from my PC and got no response I also tried to ping my computer from my router and got the same results I have tried programs that fix network problems I have since deleted any antivirus programs from my computer entirely and turned off my firewall I have tried to change my IP address and other TCP IP settings as well as setting them to auto I found that my comp has not been able to contact the DCHP servers and that there is absolutely no communication between my computer and router or between my computer and modem directly If you have any idea at all of something to do that may work please let me know nbsp

A:Internet Connection - Local Access Only

i suspect the virus may have effected the winsock area

can you post a HJT log - see my link in the signature.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-local-access-only.868437/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello there,
I was wondering either it is possible in windows 7/XP to disable an internet connection on a certain network card. I dont want to turn it entirelly off, because the LAN connection is still needed.

Any help would be really aprichiated .

A:Disable only internet access, not the connection

What router is being used? Maybe it can block the traffic that you want stopped.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/323993-disable-only-internet-access-not-connection.html
Relevancy 51.6%

My daughter has a Compaq Presario laptop with Windows Vista Home Basic 32-bit. Our internet was restored this morning by our ISP after storms this weekend. We have three other laptops in the house, and they all operate Windows 7. The computers with 7 on them connected to the router and the internet just fine. The Compaq will only connect to the network with limited access, no internet. We have run all of the troubleshooting and help. We have rebooted the modem twice. The computer will not connect past the router wirelessly. We connected the computer to the router with the ethernet cord, and everything connected fine. Could something have happened to the network adapter in the computer during the storm? Is there something to update? Is there an update to remove? Please help. This is very irritating and time-consuming.

A:No Internet Connection - Only Limited Access

Hello bhostetter and welcome to the forums

Can you do the following for me please:

IPCONFIG

1. Open the start menu
2. In the search box, type cmd
3. Right click on cmd and select Run as administrator
4. When command prompt opens, type:

ipconfig /all

Note
There's a space between the ipconfig and the /all

Then take a few screenshots of the displayed information and attach them with your next post
Device Manager

1. Open the start menu
2. In the search box, type Device Manager and open it
3. Expand the Network adapters category and you should see an entry along the lines of this:

Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection

4. Right click on it and select Update Driver Software...
Tom

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/290049-no-internet-connection-only-limited-access.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello. Today, when i opened my PC i found out that i have "No internet connection". The last time i used it was last night, and it worked like a charm. The problem is from the software itself I guess because other devices seem to be working fine connected to the internet. This also happened to me while using windows 8.1 but I got it fixed everytime with a simple "netsh" command. Now things aren't this simple, i tried multiple fixes and none of them worked. I tried to update the driver from the device manager but i can't find the microsoft and the producer driver, instead i find some outdated drives from like 2013.

Thank you for the time you put into reading my post.

A:Windows 10 Limited access/ No internet connection

Originally Posted by szgromania

Hello. Today, when i opened my PC i found out that i have "No internet connection". The last time i used it was last night, and it worked like a charm. The problem is from the software itself I guess because other devices seem to be working fine connected to the internet. This also happened to me while using windows 8.1 but I got it fixed everytime with a simple "netsh" command. Now things aren't this simple, i tried multiple fixes and none of them worked. I tried to update the driver from the device manager but i can't find the microsoft and the producer driver, instead i find some outdated drives from like 2013.

Thank you for the time you put into reading my post.

I had exactly the same issue. Everything was working like a charm after the upgrade to Win 10 until yesterday nght. When I came back from work today I was asked to reboot after a windows update with 3 KBxxxxxx files updates. I thing that the problem is due to this upgrade but I have no clue on what was upgraded. Microsoft should know what they did and should bring a fix.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/10583-windows-10-limited-access-no-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Dell Dimension 2300
Windows XP Pro
Service Pack 2
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.80GHz
1.79GHz, 384MB of RAM

Connected with My Essentials G USB Adaptor

Status shows connected but I can't get on the Internet.

My Essentials diagnostic tool connectivity test results as follows. . .

Loopback PASS
IP PASS
Gateway PASS
DNS PASS
WAN FAIL
Heartbeat FAIL
My Essentials FAIL
Yahoo FAIL

I am able to connect to the wireless connection on 2 different laptops so I don't believe the problem is with the wireless network.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Relevancy 51.17%

This began all of a sudden a couple of weeks ago on my laptop: when I start IE, no matter what website I want to go to, I get the message that IE can't display the website. When I diagnose the problem, it tells me there is no problem and I am currently connected to my network. In the network and sharing center, it shows I am connected and the strenght is excellent. I have reset all internet options to default, have run multiple utilities checking for corrupt files, etc.

Any ideas??

A:Internet Explorer 7 won't access wireless connection

Open Device Manager and see if there are any red x's or yellow flags next to your network adapter. Next, open a command prompt, Windows Key + R, type cmd and then type the following without the quotes and paste all the results back here, "ipconfig /all". Also check, open IE, click Tools, Internet Options, Connection Tab and then the LAN Tab and in the window that opens make sure that all the check boxes are clear, if not clear them and close IE and re-open IE.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/283047-internet-explorer-7-wont-access-wireless-connection.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I do not really get this wieless networking setup stuff so I really need some help I read some of the other posts on this topic but it didn t seem to address what I m experiencing I have a cable modem for internet access I internet Wireless connection won't PC but access sees have a desktop PC and a Laptop connected to it through a Linksys BEFSR router The PCs are in different rooms but each room has an RJ wall connection I now have a Linksys WRT GS wireless router I d like Wireless connection sees PC but won't access internet to have it active so that I can take the laptop around the house or patio I connected the wireless router and I have a Linksys Wireless-G GHz g card inserted in the laptop The connection is excellent as the wireless router indicator and Wireless connection sees PC but won't access internet laptop indicator both show signal strength as quot Excellent quot So as I see it the laptop found the wireless router and connected with excellent signal strength However I can t get Wireless connection sees PC but won't access internet a connection to the internet unless I unhook and use the wired connections I am not a networking person so I have to ask the dumb question quot What am I doing wrong quot Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Hey all all help would be greatly appreciated with resolving an issue with a mate s Laptop O S Vista Premium edition Laptop HP pavillion dv but fine. network I is Connection Can't internet, access Background The machine became infected with a rogue anti-spyware program Security Master AV last week One of the effects was the machine was unable to connect to the internet I used spyware doctor to remove the I Can't access internet, but network Connection is fine. malware tried a bunch of other programs before this but still it s not connecting to the internet the internet was I Can't access internet, but network Connection is fine. working perfectly before the infection Have tried installing Firefox along with the original browser I E but to no avail I used the command netsh winsock reset command also what netsh winsock reset command does are it resets Winsock Catalog to a clean state or default configuration Current Condition It is successfully connected to the wireless network but returns the message quot internet explorer cannot display the page quot when I try to open a page and when I click diagnose the problem it returns the message quot Windows did not find any problems with this computer s network quot I can connect to the internet perfectly when running the machine in safe mode Again all help is very much appreciated please bare in mind that my computer skill s are fairly basis Thanks in advance Marty

A:I Can't access internet, but network Connection is fine.

In Internet Explorer go Tools > Internet Options > Connections and click Lan settings. Make sure "Use a proxy..." is unchecked.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/324692/i-cant-access-internet-but-network-connection-is-fine/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi all,

On my installation I have three user accounts as thus;
We use the admin account only for system maintainance other wise the other accounts are day to day running accounts.

Administrator (admin privileges)
Me (standard restricted priv.)
My partner. (standard restricted priv.)

For some reason, the administrator account will not allow itself to connect to the internet.

Yet the two restricted accounts are having no problems at all.

Any suggestions on what might be the cause?

A:Administrator account can't access internet connection!

I reset all IE8's settings to default and now it's fine!

I only realised when I thought i'd boot firefox just to see, and it worked fine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/11225-administrator-account-cant-access-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I've got a wifi setup going with 2 computers hardlined in and working fine. I tried allowing access for my sister's laptop (all computers running Win7) and I'm able to connect to the network, however it's only "Limited Access" and does not connect to the Internet.

The network is password protected and WPA2. The wireless signal is on, and the Network Mode is on Mixed (not just G, N, or B only). My girlfriend's Mac was able to get onto the wifi network but the connection was acting odd by occasionally going in and out of connections at random times. The router is a LinkSys WRT160N.

Any ideas on what info I can provide you guys so that I can get this laptop up and running?

Relevancy 51.17%

Frequently, my laptop will lose the ability to browse the web, but it can still connect to the wireless access point. The only way I've found to resolve the problem is to turn off the wireless adapter and turn it back on. This would indicate a hardware problem but for the fact that the computer can still connect to the access point. My Tivo and PDA can both connect to the internet while the laptop is having this problem.

I've tried reinstalling the adapter drivers and updating to newer ones from Intel's web site rather than Dell's. I've run sfc /scannow. I've installed Firefox, but the browsing problem occurs with both browsers.

Relevancy 51.17%

Hello there Despite my PC receiving a wireless internet connection I am unable to actually open any internet page and I would be forever grateful to anyone who can solve my conundrum My set up is a bit of a mish mash but here goes I have an old G mac downstairs thats got the wired connection to the internet and works fine It receives the connection through a B T homehub BEAC wireless router that transmits the internet to an old PC I have upstairs which receives the internet via a D-Link wireless receiver - Airplus G DWL-G The PC is running on windows XP proffessional copyright - It also runs a free download firewall by Zonealarm The internet browser is firefox My problem is that this was working fine for many months the only hiccup being that I'd often have to input a manufacturers code passcode to activate the D-Link Airplus connection but once entered you could access the internet no problem However a short while back even after I'd entered the code and had it accepted when clicking on the internet browser it opens the initial white window but a further window in the center of the page opens saying 'cannot find server at and then the site you've entered in the url I can see in the bottom right corner of the page that the internet connection is present it even shows the connection speed internet. access Wireless the but Receiving cannot connection but the internet will not open A friend suggested dis-abling the zonealarm firewall altogether which Receiving Wireless connection but cannot access the internet. I did but to no avail I would be seriously grateful to anyone that takes the time to help me out here I have some basic knowledge of using PC's but if you're kind enough to have any suggestions please break them down clearly for me or I'll get lost

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/receiving-wireless-connection-but-cannot-access-the-internet-232477.html
Relevancy 51.17%

We've had no problems with our Internet before but yesterday I could only get local access connection. Neither my iPhone, laptop or home computer cud get any further than local connection on wireless.

I'v tried the classic turnin it off and on (the router) and I'v tried connection with a cable but still gettin the same connection level!
The router is a netgear if that means anything!
Everything is plugged so not sure what else to try! Any ideas?

A:Lost internet connection, only get local access

would you post the exact model of the netgear router - do you have a modem attached to it or does it plug into a phone line or to a cable supplied service ?

whats the status of all the lights on the front of the router

how are you posting here ?

have you contacted the ISP broadband supplier to make sure the service is still working to your home ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-internet-connection-only-get-local-access.1046697/
Relevancy 51.17%

We are currently at access No internet connection strong WiFi on Gulf State Park in Gulf Shores AL On my laptop I can connect to No internet access on strong WiFi connection their G band non-secure WiFi network with an quot Excellent quot signal strength However I get no internet access Other devices in our rig connect and get internet access just fine I ve spent hours with Dell Pro-tech support to no avail I ve spent many days Googling this problem and have discovered that others experience the same issue on public WiFis but I can find no posted solution Dell s last suggestion emailed to me was as follows quot I would suggest clearing the ip stack and flushing the dns To do that open command prompt on your pc by clicking start and going to search at the bottom and type cmd the cmd exe should come up at the top but you have to RIGHTCLICK on cmd exe and then click run as administrator Hit yes on the next window and the run box should pop up when you hit that This should bring up the black command screen In this window type this in ipconfig release then hit enter That should turn your ip to s Now in the next line type in ipconfig flushdns and hit enter After that type in netsh winsock reset and hit enter After that exit the command prompt and then reboot your pc and try the connection again quot This did not resolve the problem either If anyone has experienced this strange phenomenon and found a solution I would be forever grateful Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi I posted this topic in the networking forum and after a few days of help it was decided that my internet connection is completely fine However there might be a virus or malware preventing me from opening up a website I'll give a brief overview of what happened but all the other details can be found in this link http www bleepingcomputer Connection connected I no Wireless am but access. says Internet com forums t wireless-network-says-im-connected-to-internet-but-no-real-internet-acces My wireless connection says I have an excellent connection to my network with all bars filled However I cannot open any website using any browser nor can I use any chat client Basically anything that involves the internet is not working The good people at the networking forum finally Wireless Connection says I am connected but no Internet access. decided that the internet connection is fine as I have stated above So here is what I have done recently I downloaded mbam and renamed the setup exe to anything and I also downloaded rkill and renamed it as well I then set it up on the afflicted laptop I followed instructions on as to how to update mbam without internet access I have an updated mbam on another computer and copied its rules ref and database conf and replaced the ones on the laptop with the ones I copied so to update them Then I restarted the laptop and entered safe mode w o networking I ran rkill first and then I ran mbam and here are the logs Btw I am sorry if I am being verbose but I wanted you guys to know every step of what I did so I don't make a mistake And once again thanks for any help Here all the logs This log file is located at C rkill log Please post this only if requested to by the person helping you Otherwise you can close this log when you wish Rkill was run on at Operating System Windows Home Premium Processes terminated by Rkill or while it was running Rkill completed on at Malwarebytes Anti-Malware www malwarebytes org Database version v Windows Service Pack x NTFS Safe Mode Internet Explorer Family SUPERMAN administrator PM mbam-log- - - - - txt Scan type Full scan C D Scan options enabled Memory Startup Registry File System Heuristics Extra Heuristics Shuriken PUP PUM Scan options disabled P P Objects scanned Time elapsed hour s second s Memory Processes Detected No malicious items detected Memory Modules Detected No malicious items detected Registry Keys Detected No malicious items detected Registry Values Detected No malicious items detected Registry Data Items Detected No malicious items detected Folders Detected No malicious items detected Files Detected No malicious items detected end

A:Wireless Connection says I am connected but no Internet access.

I want you to run all tools listed below in normal mode.  Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me. Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop.* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.* Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtDownload Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Desktop.Unzip downloaded file.Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exeFollow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.When done, please post the two logs produced they will be in the MBAR folder..... mbar-log-xxxxx.txt and system-log.txt Please download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) to your desktop.There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.rKill.exe: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/10/iExplore.exe (renamed rKill.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.If using Vista or Windows 7 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.Do not reboot until instructed.If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.If normal mode still doesn't work, run the tool from safe mode.When the scan is done Notepad will open with rKill log.Post it in your next reply.NOTE. rKill.txt log will also be present on your desktop.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/494722/wireless-connection-says-i-am-connected-but-no-internet-access/
Relevancy 51.17%

I used the recovery media to restore a friends Acer laptop to a fresh install. Everything went like a dream until it came to installing the Linksys wireless adaptor, we installed the Linksys software & it got an association with the router but no internet connection.

I tried ipconfig /release, it was already released, then ipconfig /renew, it could not renew for some reason? Could it be the XP native wireless configuration & the Linksys software trying to connect over each other? In which case what can I do? Anything else it could be?

Thanks

Lee

A:Wireless access point associated but no connection to internet?

Hi fleamour,

Have you tried giving the Linksys wireless adaptor a static address? Also does your friends router have an 'allowed' list like Netgear router's which require the mac address of the adaptor to be included in the allowed connections list?

regards,
chameleon437

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/201493/wireless-access-point-associated-but-no-connection-to-internet/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello there. I got recently infected by a malware. It basically disconnected my internet. Before that happened i saw some weird inernet logs. Someone was scanning my ports. Right after it i got dced. I made a quick malwarebytes scan and it found some kind of svdk.exe and a registtry file that is disabling security center. I always see the loading thing next to my cursor. I havent downloaded something suspicious. I always run the programs first on sandboxie. As long as i try to start security centet service from services in admin tools, it quickly disables. Im currently in my mobile, i need immeadetly help. My . wi. n is xp sp3 and i cant even boot in safemode. Pleaaaaassseee help. I dont want to reformat my pc and i dont think i have even access to boot from cd

A:not having access to my internet connection, weird activites have seen

Just got back home, the laptop's wifi is working properly. My dad's friend updated my router firmware but my computer is still infected and I'm pretty afraid of turning it on. Can the virus spread from internet connections? I think that I have been infected by the Rogue virus, but I'm not sure. Side effects are the same: Security center disabled, services from Administrator Tools are all grey, internet connection off. Yesterday, when I had seen the weird activites like the loading icon next to my cursor, computer being all slow and the internet connection were slow, I went to the %temp% folder. I saw some kind of suspicious exe file. I immediately deleted it but as soon as I deleted it, it made four more exes. Have I been infected by some serious malware? Is it possible that the malware spreaded through the internet connection when I freshly formatted my pc? I am pretty worried. Dad's friend is an internet specialist and my dad that virus made my router to a botnet or something like that. Is it possible that I have been infected by a RAT, worm or even a botnet?

Thank you, waiting for the answer!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/not-having-access-to-my-internet-connection-weird-activites-have-seen-692284.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Just recently set up wireless connection at my house Verizon DSL Wistell dual modem gt Linksys router I ll add model later when I back home gt host desktop machine os XP Wife s laptop get connected with no proble os XP and Linksys wireless card Now I am trying to set up my older desktop os Pentium cpu I connection Connect but Access Internet point no to the did install wireless card I believe it s Linksys G will check tonight with outside antenna I follow all instructions load soft before installing the card etc etc Well I see myself connected with speed connection etc but no Internet I try several dif methods I googled trying to un install soft and let window install the driver try set up manually etc nothing work I call Linksys support and they ask me to download the patch for this router and when I try to install it off my flash drive to old PC it s just blow off show me black dos window for split sec and nothing What interesting when I copy exe patch from Linksys to my HD it no longer shows as the same icon but rather white square like you know some application files Is it possible all this problem I encounter because I have W K Since it wasn t build with all these wireless gadgets But I have seen messages when many people have the same problem with XP Thanks guys in advance Alex nbsp

A:Connect to the Access point but no Internet connection

Done with it.
Replace W2K with XP and use Wireless Zerro util from admin tool to help to set up my connection. Also change some router settings on my Linksys profile page. Guy from Linksys support confirm some time before I complete this task, that my PCI wireless card is defective, lol.
Well, I am glad I didn't listen to him.
Alex

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connect-to-the-access-point-but-no-internet-connection.111744/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi My Media Centre PC has stopped connecting but connection can Lost access internet router to the internet It connects wirelessly through the router but I cant download any content view webpages Router is a Linksys WAG GS with latest firmware The laptop Im using to right this post is connected wirelessly and has no connection issues The Media Centre Lost internet connection but can access router PC wireless link is supplied by an Edimax EW- Ug USB pen I have used the latest drivers from the website but this has changed nothing IP config settings are below Local area connection adapter is not in service and isn t meant to be This connection is generate by my pinnacle TV card which is not currently being used so you can ignore it Please advise Alex Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Edimax Pen Connection-specific DNS Suffix WAG GS IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway C Documents and Settings Media Centre gt nbsp

A:Lost internet connection but can access router

Are other machines able to connect to the internet via the router? If not, have you tried connecting the laptop directly to the modem, thereby bypassing the router?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-internet-connection-but-can-access-router.114118/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello I am using my neighbors wifi with their consent of course but when I try to play my games Warcraft Titanfall or try to connect any other device to that network it does absolutely nothing It just gets stuck at initializing connection my games? Internet access to blocking connection I know this is a network specific problem because I tried a different connection and it works Internet connection blocking access to my games? just fine the problem is the other connection is too slow to actually play these games My PS is the only device other than my laptop that can successfully connect to this network but the problem I have on the PS is it only somewhat connects I ran the speed test and my PS fails the NAT test It shows me I am connected to the internet and everything but it will not connect me to an online match with other people The only game that actually works on this network is Rift Planes of Telara I know that p p is Internet connection blocking access to my games? not supported here but I am just trying to give you as much information as possible NOT get help with downloading torrents I tried downloading a gamepatch from their website and they directed me to a p p file I tried downloading it and it was stuck at So are these games that are not working trying Internet connection blocking access to my games? to use a p p connection to allow me to play or what Everyone I have talked to is dumbfounded and thinks it is my game settings Well it can t be that because like I said same PC works on different connections they are just plain and simple too slow to allow me to use them for gaming I have an Asus computer with Windows I processor G of RAM and TB hdd bit system EDIT Tried adding Titanfall and associated files to DEP exceptions list and it told me that I could not do that and it had to be the way it was nbsp

A:Internet connection blocking access to my games?

What kind of internet service do you have (not your neighbor's, but your own)? What download speed are you supposed to get with that? And what do you actually get as measured by Speedtest.net?

Also, what download speed do you get when at the neighbor's (using Speedtest.net)?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-blocking-access-to-my-games.1122354/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello all,

I have a wired connection to the network of a student hall of residence. The network icon in the corner of the screen shows local access only (both IPv4 and IPv6 are shown as local). BUT I am fully able to browse any internet page, use Windows Live Messenger, Skype, etc.

But there are problems. Youtube videos won't load for love nor money, Skype conversations are a nightmare, I can't connect to my university VPN because it thinks I'm not connected to the internet...

Switching off IPv6 makes the connection fail. Because I'm in a hall of residence I can't change any network settings, all I can change is what I've got access to here on my laptop.

Any suggestions?

Thank-you.

A:Internet access local only - but I have full connection!

Do you routinely run antimalware and antivirus checks? If not, I would run SpyBot Search & Destroy, Malwarebytes, and MS Security Essentials to make sure you are not infected before proceeding.

After that, check your hard drive space on C:.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/266712-internet-access-local-only-but-i-have-full-connection.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello I have an old Dell that I recently Cannot Have Connection, Internet but Network Access Solved: cleaned up and restored to factory defaults windows XP to use as a spare computer When i connect to the router and Solved: Have Network Connection, but Cannot Access Internet directly to the modem I am unable to access the internet even though it says that I am connected in the network and sharing center The network card is showing Solved: Have Network Connection, but Cannot Access Internet enabled and Solved: Have Network Connection, but Cannot Access Internet working in device manager and nothing at all is showing an quot quot or quot X quot I have done almost everything I can find online with no luck I will outline what I have tried so far below roughly in order if anyone has any other suggestions please let me know power cycled the router and modem made sure tcp and other settings were set to automatic flushed dns renewed ip address ran a winsock reset utility updated drivers of network card and chipset There may have been more that I ve tried I have been working with this for hours and am getting nowhere I am hoping someone somewhere has something else I can try Thanks Goom nbsp

A:Solved: Have Network Connection, but Cannot Access Internet

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

IPCONFIG /ALL

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-have-network-connection-but-cannot-access-internet.1072456/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello all Long time lurker first time poster here I just installed -bit win ultimate on my laptop and am still having a spot of bother getting my internets from a public router connection, access wireless internet excellent no located near my girlfriend's place My problem is the following I connect to the router fine and the signal quality is excellent but there is no internet access at all The wireless connection icon in the taskbar shows a yellow warning triangle and when hovering over it with my mouse pointer I read the following quot no excellent wireless connection, no internet access internet access quot Last week when I still had xp on the laptop I had the exact same problem excellent connection no internet access Both with xp and win I had no problems at all connecting to my router at home I have been connecting to the troublesome router for months on my iphone without any issues Any random macbook also connects to it without any problems When I run diagnostics I am told the following quot wireless network connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration quot TCP IPv is set to quot obtain an IP address DNS server automatically quot and has been since the beginning with DHCP enabled I've tried anything and everything I found floating around on the internet including disabling TCP IPv as well as a whole slew of other settings but to no avail Obviously my wireless card Intel wireless wifi link AGN works perfectly works great on my home router and so does the public router from which I'm trying to get internet access works admirably on anything mac iphone macbooks My guess is the problem lies somewhere in my settings and I have been going over all of the relevant settings I could find some twenty times No love I really hope any of you can offer some advice I'm getting super angry Thanks in advance EDIT I also updated the wireless card driver to the excellent wireless connection, no internet access very latest no worky

A:excellent wireless connection, no internet access

Quote: Originally Posted by jikot

Hello all,

Long time lurker, first time poster here.

I just installed 32-bit win7 ultimate on my laptop, and am (still) having a spot of bother getting my internets from a public router located near my girlfriend's place.

My problem is the following: I connect to the router fine and the signal quality is excellent, but there is no internet access at all.
The wireless connection icon in the taskbar shows a yellow warning triangle, and when hovering over it with my mouse pointer I read the following: "no internet access".

Last week when I still had xp on the laptop I had the exact same problem: excellent connection, no internet access.
Both with xp and win7 I had no problems at all connecting to my router at home.

I have been connecting to the troublesome router for months on my iphone, without any issues. Any random macbook also connects to it without any problems.

When I run diagnostics I am told the following: "wireless network connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration".

TCP/IPv4 is set to "obtain an IP address/DNS server automatically", and has been since the beginning, with DHCP enabled.

I've tried anything and everything I found floating around on the internet (including disabling TCP/IPv6 as well as a whole slew of other settings), but to no avail.

Obviously, my wireless card (Intel wireless wifi link 4965AGN) works perfectly (works great on my home router), and so does the public router from which I'm trying to get internet access (works admirably on anything mac: iphone, macbooks).

My guess is the problem lies somewhere in my settings, and I have been going over all of the relevant settings I could find some twenty times. No love.

I really hope any of you can offer some advice, I'm getting super angry!

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I also updated the wireless card driver to the very latest, no worky

Hi and welcome

can you type cmd in search>type ipconfig /all> make a screen shot>upload it to us.

Let us know if you need help with any of that
Ken J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/56150-excellent-wireless-connection-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I recently ran Trendmicro home Housecall on a laptop to remove suspected malware. Now the wireless and ethernet connections show that they're connected, but I browsers, system updates and antivirus updates cannot access the network. Browsers give errors: page cannot be found. I ran a couple of registry 'fixme' and ipconfig flush programs to no avail.

Thanks

A:Unable to access internet, shows connection okay

Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/520525/unable-to-access-internet-shows-connection-okay/
Relevancy 51.17%

I'm having some problems with my network connection. Few time ago I was connected via cable connection,or wireless. Now, I moved out to another location where I have another cable connection. I created a new connection and the internet is working properly.
However I get some annoying pop up like is showing in the picture below:

In "network and sharing center" window, those public network connections are appearing and disappearing all the time. And I see that there is a lot of activity(sent and received) even if I don't downloading anything.

What can I do in order to stop getting that popup with over 20 networks, all with "no internet access" ?

Thanks

A:Network connection - No internet access popup

Hi wizi, this is a snip from your image,

Select IPv4 click properties & post the image.

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/282282-network-connection-no-internet-access-popup.html
Relevancy 51.17%

fixed! mo9ds please erase, it was isp-

A:windows seven no internet access wired connection

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Thanks for letting us know!If you are the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact me via PM with the address of this thread.Everyone else please begin a new topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/351951/windows-seven-no-internet-access-wired-connection/
Relevancy 51.17%

hey if i connect to a vpn i cannot connect to internet. If i remove the use default gateway checkbox in the tcp4 settings it works.
But i dont want to remove it, couse i want to use the ip of the vpn to hide me. i Think with the vpn server is all ok, couse i have multiple machines that connect to the vpn, and only just one pc is getting this problem. What can i do?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0d8570d4-35c9-4254-9596-e07ab3bb8160/cannot-access-the-internet-after-make-a-vpn-connection-to-win7?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 51.17%

Sir, my laptop although is connected to to my WiFi, I'm unable access the Internet. But I'm able to do so in my phone. I was suggested to change few settings of wireless connection. Doing so, nothing changed. Later after multiple checkings, realized it is a LAN mad Wireless drivers issue. Please guide me through this on resolving. Do I've to format the whole system and then install the drivers or just uninstall just these two drivers and reboot the system and re-install them? Or is there any alternative? Please respond. It's quite important. Thank you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/My-laptop-isnt-able-to-access-Internet-connection-due-to/td-p/5841396
Relevancy 51.17%

I have had my HP laptop for 2.5 years now, originally bought with Vista 64 bit. It now has Windows 7. Up until now, internet access and connectivity have been working fine. But, all of the sudden today, I couldn't get Internet Access despite trying both an ethernet port and a wireless connection (connectivity was working.) I know it's something with the laptop, because my ASUS netbook has no problem accessing the internet. I've tried looking around at some of these tech support sites and haven't really found anything that's worked for me. I've tried using CCleaner to remove any temp files and clean the registry, and resetting internet settings in the command box, but still I get nothing.

Relevancy 51.17%

turned on computer-after i opened the internet- screens began popping up with a warning flashing -wouldn't let me go anywhere-a phone popped up for a microsoft tech- thinking I was getting pulled into a scam I did call anyway i talked a bit- he showed me a few things-like programs being stopped that protected my computer etc- then asked for hundreds to fix it what i realized what I had allowed to happen i pray I cut it off before they got too much info so I ended the connection now I cannot open any internet -scans running only tell me an issue is there threat rather but can't do any more than that i am broke cannot my why computer allow access wont me internet connection to afford to pay someone to fix this i am fearfully using my sons laptop and pray one of you smart gurus can help me please can you help it is an HP system running windows - I know enough why wont my computer allow me to access internet connection to be dangerous- but I see you giving instructions to others I can read can follow directions so I plead with you for assistance thanks to you all who just want to help people God will bless you hopeful waiting redwoodsmessage edited by redwoodz

A:why wont my computer allow me to access internet connection

Here are the first 2 steps, there will be more steps needed, after I see the results of these logs.Run them in this order.Step 1: Run AdwCleaner http://www.softpedia.com/get/Antivi...http://www.raymond.cc/blog/adwclean...http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/dow...Author's sitehttp://general-changelog-team.fr/en...Tutorialhttp://general-changelog-team.fr/en...Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Clean.Confirm each time with Ok.Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.Please Copy & Paste the contents of that logfile with your next answer.You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.Step 2: Run Junkware Removal Toolhttp://www.softpedia.com/get/Securi...http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/dow...http://thisisudax.org/http://thisisudax.blogspot.com.au/2...Download Junkware Removal Tool onto your Desktop. If your default download location is not the Desktop, drag it out of it's location onto the Desktop.Warning! Once the scan is complete JRT will shut down your browser with NO warning.Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.Temporarily disable your antivirus and any antispyware real time protection before performing a scan.Click this link to see a list of security programs that should be disabled and how to disable them.http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/for...http://www.techsupportforum.com/for... Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7/8, right-click JRT and select Run as Administrator. The tool will open and start scanning your system. Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved onto your Desktop and will automatically open. Copy and Paste the contents of the JRT.txt log please.

http://www.computing.net/answers/security/why-wont-my-computer-allow-me-to-access-internet-connection/40038.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Apologies if this has been answered in the wealth of other similar but in my eyes not quite the same posts on such subjects I have an Asus Windows laptop with an Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter I am trying to access a student communal network IT support is sadly none-existent which means I cannot perform tests on the router but can confirm that my girlfriend can connect with a Macbook in the same room as me and that other Windows users can too in other areas I can connect via ethernet into the wall although not sure this is the exactly the same network and I can connect to other access Cannot apparent wireless connection. internet despite unrelated wireless networks with no problem Up until a couple of days ago I was able to connect but have not done any windows updates that might have changed my settings When attempting to connect my computer tells me often not always I have quot Internet access Cannot access internet despite apparent wireless connection. quot under quot IPv Connectivity quot but the browser does nothing or sometimes will struggle and load one webpage only to fade into uselessness again immediately afterwards - very much a tease of a connection I don t know much about computers surprise surprise but have done the following Disabled various firewalls antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Windows Firewall AVG perhaps worth saying I have never had Nortons McAfee or any other anti-virus installed on this laptop Reset Network Adaptor using Windows Diagnostics Tool Updated the driver by searching automatically for drivers in Device Manager Removed and Renewed the Network in quot manage wireless network quot In Wireless Connection Properties gt Internet Protocol Version TCP IPv made sure both Ip address and DNS address are set to quot obtain automatically quot nb Internet Protocol Version has the same settings WIthout remotely understanding what I am doing have typed the following into CMD in this order ipconfig release ipconfig flushdns ipconfig renew for the latter this message is given quot An error occurred while renewing interface Wireless Network Connection unable to contact your DHCP server Request has timed out quot Beyond that I m basically out of ideas Something is clearly not quite right and yet I can connect wireless to other networks my mobile phone on g emitting a dodgy wireless signal no less Here is the ipconfig all information being security conscious and ignorant I have blanked out the ip and the final bits of the physical address as well as the connection specific DNS suffix Windows IP Configuration Host Name XXX Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix xxxxxxx Description Atheros AR PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller NDIS Physical Address -E -BA- A-xx-xx DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - -D -C -xx-xx DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c c fa c f ab Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address xxx xxx xx xxx Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - D-B - - - -D -C -XX-XX DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable Microsoft To Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - ... Read more

Relevancy 51.17%

I know there is a thread about this already and and connection other internet Wirless access point but no I have tried Wirless access point connection but no internet and other the Wirless access point connection but no internet and other suggestions and have not worked I have an IBM Wirless access point connection but no internet and other t- with windows xp SP linksys wpc g adapter linksys wrt G router My problem is that after installing the router and adapter it can connect to the access point but not the internet except for the very first time I installed it it worked until i shut down the laptop I have tried the following linksys tech support reseting winsock updating router firmware and adapter drivers re-installing router and adapter many times try w and w o WEP tried Boingo software The other thing that I think may be related is the odd way the laptop reacts when I put a network cable in it like a high speed hotel connection my home modem etc If I plug the cable in the laptop when it is booted it will not get on the net with either firefox or IE even though it says quot connected quot in the network settings The only way I can get it to actually connect to the internet is to completely power the laptop down and reboot from cold Then it will quot catch quot and I can get online Does anyone know how to fix this I have optain IP atuomatically checked I think it may be causing my problems nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Help again I have desktops both have been connected to the internet via a wireless adapter Belkin and i m having connection to via internet? the Connected wireless but access no trouble with one of the desk tops It lost it s connection and when i checked for some reason the adapter was no longer showing i have reinstalled it and after alot of fuss it is now showing a good strong signal and it s showing Connected via wireless connection but no access to the internet? connected to our home network When i go to open internet explorer it tells me i m not connected to the internet after reading someone else s thread i got the IP Config from the pc and this is what it reads Windows IP Configuration Host Name JATCAS Primary Dns Sufffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Belkin g Wireless USB Network Adapter Physical Address - - F- - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address fe fff fe Default GAteway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe ffff ffff fffd Default Gateway NetBIOS over TCpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Psuedo-Interface Description Automatic Tunneling Psuedo-Interface Physical Address C -A - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe efe Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled The adapter is working as it flashes like it did when it was working when i check the status of the adapter it says that it is working properly and is connected Connected via wireless connection but no access to the internet? but no packets are being sent or received Help Connected via wireless connection but no access to the internet? nbsp

A:Connected via wireless connection but no access to the internet?

Why not use dynamic addresses? Anyhow, when using static you have to get the computer on the same subnet as the router--at least one of 192.,168.3.3 and 192.168.1.1 is incorrect.

Unless you are using ipv6 suggest you uninstall it:
Start - Run - ipv6 uninstall - OK

Can you get the exact results of another ipconfig /all to the working PC? Maybe by saving a Notepad text file to CD or flash drive or floppy.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-via-wireless-connection-but-no-access-to-the-internet.581952/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi I was hoping someone could Connection HP Pa... - Wireless keep access: New losing internet help I recently purchased a new HP Pavilion Laptop installed with Windows and the nbsp Wifi internet is driving me crazy nbsp Normally nbsp it will connect fine and work for a short while but then the symbol will appear It will say that the connection is secured nbsp but there is no internet access nbsp I know it's not a problem with my internet because all my other devices Wireless Connection - keep losing internet access: New HP Pa... have no problem with the wifi I've read a lot about people having troubles with Wifi and Wireless Connection - keep losing internet access: New HP Pa... Windows when they have upgraded but it's worth noting that this laptop came with Windows nbsp I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC but that didn't help I also attempted some of the other solutions such as this nbsp http h www hp com t Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking My-laptop-connecting-to-the-network-bu nbsp But again to no avail It will work for a while and then just keeps dropping out nbsp Does anyone have any idea please on what might be causing this Any advice would be much appreciated This has been an issue since the moment I got the laptop it's not something that has only recently been an issue nbsp Regards Kevon

A:Wireless Connection - keep losing internet access: New HP Pa...

Hi there @kevonhayati,  Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums! This is a great site to get answers and ask questions. I understand that you are having an issue with the Wi-Fi on your HP Pavilion Notebook PC.  I did some research and found a great document for your called Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet. This document will help you troubleshoot the Wi-Fi issue.  Please make sure that you check out the section that says "Other things to try" also. Once you expand the title Other things to try, you will see a section called Change your wireless environment. In this section of the document there is a chart that you may want to take a look at. It will tell you how the environment can greatly impact the effectiveness of your wireless network. It then gives you a chart that you can use to improve your wireless functionality. Have you tried to connect using Ethernet?Does that connect fine?Have you tried to Restore the BIOS? Have you tried to do a System Restore to a date when it was working properly? To use System Restore in Windows: Go to the SearchType Control PanelClick Control PanelClick SystemClick System ProtectionClick System Protection TabClick System RestoreClick NextChoose a Restore pointClick NextA box that says "Once started, System Restore cannot be interrupted. Do you want to continue?" will pop upClick Yes to ConfirmWhen the System Restore is finished, you will get a pop up that says it has been completed. Have you done anything new lately? Windows updates? Downloaded a new program/app? Are you receiving any error messages?Is there a red X on the Network Adapter in the Device Manager?Have you uninstalled the driver in the Device Manager? If not, please try the following: Go to the Device Manager.Expand Network Adapters.Right click on all of the Network Adapters individually.Click Uninstall.Restart the Notebook twice.While researching, I also found a document for you called Resolving Broadband Internet connection problems. The Broadband document should provide alternative troubleshooting steps if you have experienced any of the following messages: Internet Explorer cannot display the Web page, Work Offline: No connection to the Internet is currently available, or Not connected: You are currently not connected to any networksThanks for being a part of the HP community. Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution". Clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! If you require further assistance, please follow up with detailed results from the troubleshooting steps provided above.  Thanks! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wireless-Connection-keep-losing-internet-access-New-HP/td-p/5594732
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi My pc is doing something strange The computer says it is connected to a network But I cannot access websites through firefox and internet explorer However my skype works Also my sister has internet sis can Solved: while with Going connection crazy the access-using no same a laptop which is connected to the same connection via router and she doesn t have a problem with her connection It was fine until two days ago I have an ethernet conection on my pc I removed my mcafee disabled windows firewall ran a system restore ran ad-aware and tried netsh int ip reset reset log and netsh winsock reset catalog which was posted by Johnwill in some Solved: Going crazy with no internet while sis can access-using the same connection of the threads Here are some more info Result of ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name konoha- e Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List smartbro net Ethernet adapter Hamtaro Connection-specific DNS Suffix smartbro net Description VIA Compatable Fast Ethernet Adapter Physical Address - - F- - - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Wednesday August P M Lease Expires Thursday August PM Result of diagnostic test Last diagnostic run time WinSock Diagnostic WinSock status info Error attmpting to validate the Winsock base providers error Not all base service provider entries could be found in the winsock catalog A reset is needed info Redirecting user to support call Network Adapter Diagnostic Network location detection info Using home Internet connection Network adapter identification info Network connection Name Hamtaro Device VIA Compatable Fast Ethernet Adapter MediaType LAN SubMediaType LAN info Ethernet connection selected Network adapter status info Network connection status Connected HTTP HTTPS FTP Diagnostic HTTP HTTPS FTP connectivity warn HTTP Error connecting to www microsoft com The server name or address could not be resolved warn HTTPS Error connecting to www microsoft com The server name or address could not be resolved warn FTP Passive Error connecting to ftp microsoft com The server name or address could not be resolved warn HTTP Error connecting to www hotmail com The server name or address could not be resolved warn HTTPS Error connecting to www passport net The server name or address could not be resolved warn FTP Active Error connecting to ftp microsoft com The server name or address could not be resolved error Could not make an HTTP connection error Could not make an HTTPS connection error Could not make an FTP connection Sorry for the long post Please help me thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Going crazy with no internet while sis can access-using the same connection

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-going-crazy-with-no-internet-while-sis-can-access-using-the-same-connection.744123/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have 3 computers running Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

I connect them to a hub and set a workgroup name. Everything is working fine. All of them are able to see each other and access their shared drives.

However, once I unplug internet line (all computers still connect to the same hub), computer cannot see each other and cannot access shared drives anymore. Also, workgroup name is changed to 'Unidentified Network'.

What should I do to connect to a network without internet connection?

Thanks

A:Cannot access network computer without internet connection

Network hubs are literally archaic. I hope/presume you're using a switch.

There's ways to make this work but you need to do something about your network topology first as what you've described is hideously insecure.

Do you have a router between your switch and your Internet connection or is your ISP giving you three IPs when you connect your 'Internet line' to your switch?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/206844-cannot-access-network-computer-without-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello My Windows desktop computer suddenly cannot get No connection internet? Cannot - the access get area network on local on the internet It's connected via an ethernet cable and was working fine until this morning It says it is connected to an quot unidentified network quot which is public but that there is no network access When I look at the local area connection's settings it says no network access for both IPv connectivity and IPv connectivity Activity says packets are being sent but not received nbsp ipconfig all results are posted below Windows IP Configuration Host Name user-PCPrimary Dns Suffix lt blank gt Node Type hybridIP Routing Enabled NoWINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom Netlink No network access local area connection - Cannot get on the internet? Gigabit EthernetPhysical Address - - -C - - DDHCP Enabled YesAutoconfiguration Enabled YesLink-Local IPv Address lt not sure if necessary to post gt Autoconfiguration IPv Address - Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway lt blank gt DHCPv IAID lt not sure if necessary to post gt DHCPv Client DUID nbsp nbsp lt not sure if necessary to post gt DNS Serves nbsp nbsp lt not sure if necessary to post strings of numbers letters gt NetBIOS over Tcpip enabled Tunnel adapter isatap and Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-interface both say media state is disconnected I can type out the ipconfig results for those if it's necessary Would've posted a photo but didn't feel like waiting for a verification so hopefully it's easy enough to read the results Any help would be appreciated Thank you

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/62aeaf66-d143-4040-be4a-e3ed1552afee/no-network-access-local-area-connection-cannot-get-on-the-internet?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 50.31%

I have the HP Touchsmart Computer Model IQ508a. It is runing Windows Vista 64-bit.

I recently purchased a prepaid wireless modem and it installe ok but when trying to connect it continued to come up with a error msg and wont connect.

After hours on the phone to Optus, they decided that it was not an issue on there end and more an issue with my computer (supposedly) they were trying to get me to Start the Remote Access Connection Manager but with no luck kept getting error 1068: The dependencies service or group faild to start.

Now i am wondering if this is an issue blocking me out from connecting to the wireless modem, the modem does work on my laptop, and i am unable to create my own dial up connection on my pc!

Any help or info would be great. Thank you!!

A:Remote Access Connection Manager/Internet conection

After researching my self on the net. i have been directed to the System Configuration Utility and have been told to make sure the following services are checked, they all are with the exception of 'Plug and Play' which doesnt exist! also i was told to make sure that all the dependencies for the remote access connection manager were enabled and i found that routing and remote access was disabled and still after changing it, it hasnt solved the problem! i believe this is the issue with being unable to connect to the wireless router please help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/remote-access-connection-manager-internet-conection-446318.html
Relevancy 50.31%

A couple days ago i was hit with a virus Used mb to get rid of it Now my firewall ics wont turn on and i cant connect to the net I Raned a wmidiag scan and a hijack this scan Also when i go to network and error internet access connection, unable 2 ics firewall to connections nothing is there WMIDiag v started on Monday November at Copyright copy Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved - January This script is not supported under any Microsoft standard support program or service The script is provided AS IS without warranty of any kind Microsoft further disclaims all implied warranties including without limitation any implied warranties of merchantability or of fitness for a particular purpose The unable to access internet connection, and firewall ics error 2 entire risk arising out of the use or performance of the scripts and documentation remains with you In no event shall Microsoft its authors or anyone else involved in the creation production or delivery of the script be liable unable to access internet connection, and firewall ics error 2 for any damages whatsoever including without limitation damages for loss of business profits business interruption loss of business information or other pecuniary loss arising out of the use of or inability unable to access internet connection, and firewall ics error 2 to use the script or documentation even if Microsoft has been advised of the possibility of such damages ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------- WMI REPORT BEGIN ---------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Windows XP - No service pack - -bit - User MATTHEW OWNER on computer MATTHEW ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- INFO Environment ITEM S INFO gt incorrect shutdown s detected on - Shutdown on November GMT System drive C Disk Partition Drive type IDE WDC WD BB- RDA There are no missing WMI system files OK There are no missing WMI repository files OK WMI repository state N A BEFORE running WMIDiag The WMI repository has a size of MB - Disk free space on C MB - INDEX BTR bytes AM - INDEX MAP bytes AM - OBJECTS DATA bytes AM - OBJECTS MAP bytes AM AFTER running WMIDiag The WMI repository has a size of MB - Disk free space on C MB - INDEX BTR bytes AM - INDEX MAP bytes AM - OBJECTS DATA bytes AM - OBJECTS MAP bytes AM ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Windows Firewall NOT INSTALLED ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- DCOM Status OK WMI registry setup OK WMI Service has no dependents OK RPCSS service OK Already started WINMGMT service OK Already started ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- WMI service DCOM setup OK WARNING WMI DCOM components registration is missing for the following EXE DLLs WARNING S - C WINDOWS SYSTEM WBEM FASTPROX DLL CLSID A F - - D -AD - C FD FDFF InProcServer - C WINDOWS SYSTEM WBEM FASTPROX DLL CLSID D EE -F - - DF - ED F C InProcServer - C WINDOWS SYSTEM WBEM FASTPROX DLL CLSID ED D E- F- - DCD-C BAC BE E InProcServer - C WINDOWS SYSTEM WBEM WBEMPROX DLL CLSID C D - B - -A D - EEDB InProcServer - C WINDOWS SYSTEM WBEM WBEMPROX DLL CLSID A - F E- D - E C- C FC A InProcServer - C WINDOWS SYSTEM WBEM WBEMPROX DLL CLSID F CE E - C - D - E B- C FC A InProcServer gt WMI System components are not properly registered as ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/273477/unable-to-access-internet-connection-and-firewall-ics-error-2/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello Like many people in this forum I have trouble in Windows getting a working internet connection three wifi bars with a yellow exclamation mark I had a Realtek RTL CU usb wireless adapter which had issues internet access [Win7/Win8] connection, no Wifi After trying almost every solution on the internet [Win7/Win8] Wifi connection, no internet access I bought a different USB Adapter a Sitecom WLA- [Win7/Win8] Wifi connection, no internet access with the latest drivers Same problem I have reinstalled Windows multiple times and also Windows Now I m back at Windows My Windows workstation is the only device that does not get connected to the internet There is a XP laptop I am on right now several mobile phones tablets and a Macbook All work without any problem or configuration needed I reset my router multiple times tried different firmwares turning off ipv disabled firewall no antivirus Right now I have disabled my Firewall and removed ESET Nod which came with the Windows installation Below is my ipconfig all from the PC that is not working below that is the XP laptop that is working The PC is in Dutch I hope that s not a problem In my router a Zyxel P HNUF I can see my PC is connected But from the PC I can not access the router through ping or on the web interface code Windows IP-configuratie Hostnaam Jeroen-PC Primair DNS-achtervoegsel Knooppunttype hybride IP-routering ingeschakeld nee WINS-proxy ingeschakeld nee DNS-achtervoegselzoeklijst home Draadloos LAN-adapter voor Draadloze netwerkverbinding Verbindingsspec DNS-achtervoegsel home Beschrijving Sitecom WiFi USB adapter N Fysiek adres - C-F -FE- - DHCP ingeschakeld ja Autom configuratie ingeschakeld ja IPv -adres voorkeur Subnetmasker Lease verkregen vrijdag juni Lease verlopen zaterdag juni Standaardgateway DHCP-server DNS-servers NetBIOS via TCPIP ingeschakeld Ethernet-adapter voor LAN-verbinding Mediumstatus medium ontkoppeld Verbindingsspec DNS-achtervoegsel Beschrijving Qualcomm Atheros AR PCI-E Giga t Ethernet Controller NDIS Fysiek adres - - D- -CD- DHCP ingeschakeld ja Autom configuratie ingeschakeld ja Tunnel-adapter voor LAN-verbinding Mediumstatus medium ontkoppeld Verbindingsspec DNS-achtervoegsel Beschrijving Microsoft Teredo Tunneling-adapter Fysiek adres - - - - - - -E DHCP ingeschakeld nee Autom configuratie ingeschakeld ja Tunnel-adapter voor isatap B B - - D D-BB C- E F Mediumstatus medium ontkoppeld Verbindingsspec DNS-achtervoegsel Beschrijving Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Fysiek adres - - - - - - -E DHCP ingeschakeld nee Autom configuratie ingeschakeld ja Tunnel-adapter voor isatap home Mediumstatus medium ontkoppeld Verbindingsspec DNS-achtervoegsel home Beschrijving Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Fysiek adres - - - - - - -E DHCP ingeschakeld nee Autom configuratie ingeschakeld jaClick to expand code Windows IP-configuratie Host-naam jeroen-c e Primair DNS-achtervoegsel Knooppunttype onbekend IP-routering ingeschakeld nee WINS-proxy ingeschakeld nee DNS-achtervoegselzoeklijst home Ethernet-adapter LAN-verbinding Status van medium medium ontkoppeld Beschrijving Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Fysiek adres - A- - A-CD-C Ethernet-adapter LAN-verbinding Status van medium medium ontkoppeld Beschrijving Iomega Virtual Ethernet Adapter Fysiek adres - - - E- - Ethernet-adapter Draadloze netwerkverbinding Verbindingsspec DNS-achtervoegsel home Beschrijving Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN Fysiek adres - -E -DC- B- DHCP ingeshakeld ja Autom configuratie ingeschakeld ja IP-adres Subnetmasker Standaardgateway DHCP-server DNS-servers Lease verkregen vrijdag juni Lease verlopen zaterdag juni Click to expand Thanks in advance nbsp

A:[Win7/Win8] Wifi connection, no internet access

Can you get internet access via ethernet?

Run the ESET Uninstaller if you haven't already.

What other firewall or security suite is, or ever was, on the system?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win7-win8-wifi-connection-no-internet-access.1100669/
Relevancy 50.31%

I am able to connect to the internet, but the connection lasts for around 5-10 mintues. I have a inspiron 600m dell computer for your information also. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Wireless connection has internet access, but shows not connected

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

What country are you located in.
Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model of the router (if a separate unit).
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Make and model of your computer.
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP-Home (or XP-Pro), SP1-SP2, Vista, etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Also, please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages. If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands:

PING 216.109.112.135

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-has-internet-access-but-shows-not-connected.692070/
Relevancy 50.31%

My notebook Dell Inspiron N5010 running Windows 7 Home Basic did not get internet access inspite of being connected via wifi network. Tried connection via cable, same problem. After visiting Tech Support Guy forum and resetting winsock and ipv4 and ipv6 without success I got to a solution just restoring the system to a point some two months ago! While in the restoration process I've been informed about programs installed in between that would require re-installation. Thus, I came to that the "no internet access" problem was due to one of the removed programs. I will try to determine which was the villain by reinstalling them one by one. If I got to the devil one I will report here.

Relevancy 50.31%

All of a sudden my Windows 7 (64) machine lost internet connectivity. Nothing new was installed; no changes were made. It just lost connection. My Vista machine still connects fine. I'm scratching my head over this one. I reset the router and tried Windows troubleshooting services to no avail.

A:Good wireless connection but lost internet access

Downloadmini toolboxCheckmark following boxes: Flush DNSReport IE Proxy Settings Reset IE Proxy Settings Report FF Proxy Settings Reset FF Proxy Settings List content of Hosts List IP configuration List Winsock Entries List last 10 Event Viewer log List Installed Programs List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/466327/good-wireless-connection-but-lost-internet-access/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a Thinkpad T61. My laptop says it's connected to the internet (wireless) but when I open up anything that uses the internet, there's no connection. For the 'activity,' it says 8 packets have been sent and 8 have been received. The number is very very slowly growing. Ethernet doesn't work either.

Also, I'm not sure if these help, but:

1. I got a virus a week ago (XP Security 2012 virus) and since then, the internet hasn't worked.

2. The icon for wireless isn't showing in the bottom right of the blue toolbar at the bottom of my screen.

Any ideas? Please help.

A:URGENT. T61 No Network Access. Says internet is connected but no connection?

Try to connect by ethernet and Wi-Fi and show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

IPCONFIG /ALL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/urgent-t61-no-network-access-says-internet-is-connected-but-no-connection.1033077/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi!

i got some issues with my network and internet connection. it works fine for awhile but once or twice a day i cant use any internet browser. the internet connection is fine i can use it to play mmo:s use web radio etc but it simply doesnt workwith any form of web browser. i have used opera explorer and firefox same issues with them all. it works fine again after a reboot.

it happens all the sudden, i can be out surfing and all the sudden i cant access a link and the browser cant find any connection. downloads, webradio works fine

any suggestions? (got vista x64)

A:browser losses connection but other applications can still access the internet

Try uninstalling your antivirus. All those browsers use the same WinInet/Winsock API layers, so the fact that they all quit working at the same time suggests a problem in a filter driver - possibly the AV.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/226273-browser-losses-connection-but-other-applications-can-still-access-internet.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Feelingn very frustrated. U have an acer aspire 5520 with vista home premium. It is showing fully connected with the signal strength at excellent. I have gone under ncoa.ncl and done properties and made sure the Internet protocol version 6 and 4 both have "obtain and IPV address automatically and dns obtain automatically" I have cmd and ipconfig/ all.. I am at a loss. I have of course unplugged my router and shut down my laptop and made sure my wireless network adapter was all accurate and disable my wired Internet adapter. Help anyone?

A:Acer laptop won't access Internet even with full connection

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, Mcafee , AVG etc

can we see

ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
all the text will now be highlighted
Next

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

Ping Tests

Start> Run {search bar in Vista/W7}> type CMD to open a command prompt box

Type the following command
Ping {then a space and then add the number that is shown against the item labeled "default gateway" shown in the results from the ipconfig /all}
Post back the results in a reply here
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router.
The next two Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet. google is to test by name and the ping test using a number is checking that a connection exists without DNS.
these tests then confirm if there is a dns issue on the connection.Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-laptop-wont-access-internet-even-with-full-connection.1062974/
Relevancy 50.31%

I had zero rootkit access on my machine which combofix removed. However after the removal i havent been able to pull an ip address wired or wireless. On bootup i get an error message that the tcpip transport is not installed. I also tried reinstalling tcpip by changing the nettcpip.inf so i could uninstall it and reinstall with no luck. I think i my still be infected somewhere so i need a little help from the pros. Attached is my hijack this log.

A:ZeroRootkit access removal lost internet connection

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
Scan saved at 13:39:55, on 12/21/2011
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
c:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\Antimalware\MsMpEng.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
c:\drivers\audio\r213367\stacsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Broadcom Corporation\Broadcom USH Host Components\CV\bin\HostControlService.exe
C:\Program Files\Broadcom Corporation\Broadcom USH Host Components\CV\bin\HostStorageService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD DX\PDVDDXSrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\OA001Mon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RunDLL32.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\msseces.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\iaanotif.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
C:\Program Files\CheckPoint\Endpoint Connect\TrGUI.exe
C:\Program Files\DellTPad\Apoint.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 9.0\Acrobat\Acrotray.exe
C:\Program Files\DellTPad\ApMsgFwd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\BTTray.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
C:\Program Files\DellTPad\HidFind.exe
C:\Program Files\Philips\GoGear VIBE Device Manager\GoGear_Vibe_DeviceManager.exe
C:\Program Files\DellTPad\Apntex.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\sqlmangr.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Desktop Search\WindowsSearch.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\netdde.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcSoft\Connection Service\Bin\ACService.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\ASF Agent\ASFAgent.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\imapi.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Binn\sqlservr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft\BingBar\SeaPort.EXE
c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Shared\sqlwriter.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDSVC.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\SearchIndexer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\dmadmin.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\IAANTMon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDSvcM.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\bin\btwdins.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\WIDCOMM\BLUETO~1\BTSTAC~1.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqSTE08.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\MsiExec.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HiJackThis\HiJackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,Default_Page_URL = http://g.msn.com/USREL/1
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
O2 - BHO: IEPlugin Class - {11222041-111B-46E3-BD29-EFB2449479B1} - C:\PROGRA~1\ArcSoft\MEDIAC~1\INTERN~1\ARCURL~1.DLL
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll (file missing)
O2 - B... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/zerorootkit-access-removal-lost-internet-connection.1032292/
Relevancy 50.31%

My computer on our home network shows a good connection and an IP address yet internet access and email become inaccessible after an hour or two The connection window still shows a solid connection but fails Good and Shows IP, Internet Connection access with good strength and still shows a valid IP address Repairing the connection does not resolve the issue Once you are inaccessible to the Internet you remain so until rebooting Nothing I try seems to work I ve updated the driver for my network adapter I have disabled various programs from Windows startup to see if they cause the issue and still cannot locate the problem And this happens on both the LAN connection as well the wireless No other computers on the network are suffering this problem Strangely enough when the disconnection happens not Shows Good Connection and IP, but Internet access fails only does the Shows Good Connection and IP, but Internet access fails connection still say excellent but programs that are already on a constant connection remain connected - such as P P and online gaming clients The browser and mail clients will not be able to access the Internet yet these other programs are still able to do so until I turn them off and try to log on again - then they too are unable to connect So what could possibly cause a computer to be unable to access the Internet or retrieve e-mail yet at the same time its connection shows as being strong and with a valid IP address I have also tried in the DOS command window to do the various ipconfig resets and renews yet they do not solve the problem either I went into my TCP IP settings and set the connection to a static IP address and this also did not result in success I m still being disconnected every couple of hours I m at my wits end At this point any help is greatly appreciated Here s what I ve tried Repairing the connection Powered down everything and restarted several times Hard reset on router Setting a static IP address in TCP IP Updating the network adapter Disabling various programs from Windows startup ipconfig reset renew Checked for adware spyware System Restore back to days ago before this began Reference Operating System Windows XP Professional Build Service Pack xpsp sp qfe - System Manufacturer Dell Inc System Model Inspiron XPS Gen BIOS Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version A Processor Intel R Pentium R M processor GHz Memory MB RAM Network Broadcom x Gigabit Integrated Controller Driver Linksys WRT G Wireless-G Broadband Router Cable Modem nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

Hi guys Netbook Acer AspireOne Router Trendnet TEW- BRP I was hoping someone could help me I ve recently got the internet in our apartment and are having problems connecting to the router Firstly there is no problems connecting with an ethernet cable Secondly I ve connected two other laptops wirelessly by changing the TCP IP from automatic to can't but Internet access connection, wireless browser Excellent in ip address subnet mask Default gateway Thirdly i can connect to every other wireless i ve come accross My netbook now shows -signal strength excellent -status connected However I am unable to connect to the internet Some other problems of interest is - it times out when I try to ping - I cannot acces my router by typing into my browser - And the wireless DHCP is not enabled I have tried factory resetting my router re loaded the software for it But to no Excellent wireless connection, but can't access Internet in browser avail I ve attached Excellent wireless connection, but can't access Internet in browser my ipconfig all If anyone could shed light on this I would really appreciate it Thanks Excellent wireless connection, but can't access Internet in browser nbsp

A:Excellent wireless connection, but can't access Internet in browser

i'm not sure but this is what i would try:

Make sure wireless is turned on, on the laptop as some have a switch specifically for that.
Make sure that you do not have a third part wireless network connection program running.
From start, settings, click network connections. right click you're wireless connection and select properties, click the wireless networks tab, make sure the box is checked where it says "use windows to configure...". then below that click and remove all the preferred networks that are there. then click okay and attempt to reconnect to the network via searching for available networks and double clicking your desired network.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/excellent-wireless-connection-but-cant-access-internet-in-browser.135239/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi I seem to have a problem with my Medion Akoya Netbook which operates Windows but Windows internet Wireless 7 no connection access Ultimate ultimate Until yesterday I had no problem accessing the internet But after I updated and ran Avast free virus protection and ran Reg Cure Pro Clean Up-progam I could not access the internet anymore It says I am connected but that there is no internet access We share the router with people but the Wireless connection but no internet access Windows 7 Ultimate others don't seem to have any problem So I think i'ts Wireless connection but no internet access Windows 7 Ultimate nothing to do with the router a solution I keep finding on the windows-anwser-pages I have been surfing an searching all day allready and troubleshooting my own ideas but nothing seems to work It seems a lot of people are getting this problem but it also seems there is a variaty of ways to fix it None of them work for me So that is why I'm asking for specific help here I copy-pasted the info about my connections through command promp I found out to do so on this forum So I was wondering if someone is able to help and advise me Thx Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Stift gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name Stift-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Wireless connection but no internet access Windows 7 Ultimate Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Physical Address B - - - - - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a d ca f d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address C- -B - - - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:Wireless connection but no internet access Windows 7 Ultimate

Hi first try using system restore to restore to a date before reg cure was installed as registry cleaners can do more harm than good.

Please let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/283492-wireless-connection-but-no-internet-access-windows-7-ultimate.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi guys I recently had some issues with a virus and following the help from a Internet, Connection Remore with Access Problem Manager? virus forum managed to get rid of it However it seemed to cause another problem with my machine Ever since then I haven't been able to connect to the Internet I think that there could be several issues but one in particular that needs fixing This is probably a good Problem with Internet, Remore Access Connection Manager? time to tell you that I've tried system restore with no joy Ok so it seems that my Remore Access Connection Manager will not start When I find it in my Services menu right-click and start I get a message error quot The specified module could not be found quot I am on broadband and am using a usb connection to get online which required me to dial-up each time I connect I think I must have got a Problem with Internet, Remore Access Connection Manager? little crazy in deleting all my bits as my modem software appears to have been damaged too Any help would be very much appreciated

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-with-internet-remore-access-connection-manager-297765.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi I have one HP G laptop When I turn the laptop one it boots up normal but slow Either LAN or WLAN icon shows Network connected However no applications IE Google Chrome Malwarebytes Updates etc on the laptop can connect to the Internet These applications indicate no network connection I opened the network center and looked at the connection diagram there is no quot X quot on the connection The network metering shows there is the exchanging data packages between the computer and the network Below are things that I had applied Ran Malwarebytes -- gt No infection detected Ran Kaspersky took for ever -- gt No infection detected Ran IP commands a netsh winsock reset b netsh int ip reset resetlog txt c ipconfig flushdns d ipconfig registerdns e ipconfig release f ipconfig renew I did all the things above with Administrator account but still nothing can access can access no Internet connection, applications shows to LAN and but WLAN the Internet Now I stuck Anyone can help me to resolve this problem Thanks CT Laptop Spec HP G AMD A GB RAM Windows Home Premium x nbsp

A:LAN and WLAN shows connection, but no applications can access to Internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lan-and-wlan-shows-connection-but-no-applications-can-access-to-internet.1119951/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a Thinkpad T61. My laptop says it's connected to the internet (wireless) but when I open up anything that uses the internet, there's no connection. For the 'activity,' it says 8 packets have been sent and 8 have been received. The number is very very slowly growing. Ethernet doesn't work either.

Also, I'm not sure if these help, but:

1. I got a virus a week ago (XP Security 2012 virus) and since then, the internet hasn't worked.

2. The icon for wireless isn't showing in the bottom right of the blue toolbar at the bottom of my screen.

Any ideas? Please help.

A:Lenovo T61 no network access -- says Internet is connected but no connection

First suggestion; delete the wireless show in View Network Connections
and wire a direct connection from the system-->router.

Begin there to diagnose / document what is occuring.

a) please document
Os System(xp,vista,windows), edition(basic,home,pro,...) and SP level
Your ISP
Your wiring layout
your router make & model number
the browser / version you are using
and name the firewall that is active
the name/version of your antivirus program

b) if you are on Vista or Win/7

google for "disable ipv6"
apply the FixIt for your system (ie disable all)
then reboot
c) when the system fails to connect do this:

start->run->cmd
enter IPCONFIG /all >myTCP.txt
the come back here and attach the myTCP.txt file to your follow-up

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lenovo-t61-no-network-access-says-internet-is-connected-but-no-connection.175230/
Relevancy 50.31%

Dear all,

recently I decided to re-install windows 7 professional 32 bit on my pc. However since I reinstalled it, I haven't been able to connect to the internet. The motherboard is ASUS M2N-VM DH and comes with an integrated GeForce 6100/nForce 430.

As seen on the 1st screenshot of my network and sharing center, it doesn't identify the network (I even change it's type from public to personal and didn't help).

Next I check that the DHCP is enabled however wasn't retrieveing any useful IP adress (see attachment 2)

Therefore I decided to introduce manually the IP adress, however it also didn't help (see attachment 3 and 4)

Additionally I tried installing the latest drivers found at nvidia.com 15.49_nforce_winvista_win7_32bit_international_whql.exe

Does anybody may help. I have spent one whole day reading forums and still have no clue what may be the issue, everything was working before re-installing win7.

A:No internet access- LAN connection - GeForce 6100/nForce 430

Quote: Originally Posted by reds

Dear all,

recently I decided to re-install windows 7 professional 32 bit on my pc. However since I reinstalled it, I haven't been able to connect to the internet. The motherboard is ASUS M2N-VM DH and comes with an integrated GeForce 6100/nForce 430.

As seen on the 1st screenshot of my network and sharing center, it doesn't identify the network (I even change it's type from public to personal and didn't help).

Next I check that the DHCP is enabled however wasn't retrieveing any useful IP adress (see attachment 2)

Therefore I decided to introduce manually the IP adress, however it also didn't help (see attachment 3 and 4)

Additionally I tried installing the latest drivers found at nvidia.com 15.49_nforce_winvista_win7_32bit_international_whql.exe

Does anybody may help. I have spent one whole day reading forums and still have no clue what may be the issue, everything was working before re-installing win7.

click hereWindows Unidentified network | xpresslearn.com follow instructions;for me worked

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/230598-no-internet-access-lan-connection-geforce-6100-nforce-430-a.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hope someone can help me because I have serious issues with my laptop It s a Lenovo T I m running on XP I ve tried to run logs per the instructions but the virus I have seems to be interfering I can not open any data files because it says quot user does not have access privileges quot - this goes for Word PDF JPeg basically Connection Access Internet - privileges, Lost Virus any file I have on my computer I can not open I can not even open in Safe Mode either The Virus also blocks my internet connection sometimes but sometimes will work I don t Virus - Lost Access privileges, Internet Connection get pop ups but I do get a misdirect if I click on something from Virus - Lost Access privileges, Internet Connection a google search I ve managed to put Defogger on my desk top but it won t run because I must be an Administrator to use it When I run DDS scr it looks like a foreign language Gmer will start to run but then it goes to a blue screen saying a problem was caused by file awaiifob sys and there is a page fault in wonpaged area I ve run Malware bytes and Superantivirus and sometimes it doesn t find anything and other times it finds things but they always come back Since I can t post a log right now about all I can tell you is that the Malware Bytes program found and supposedly quarantined a Trojan Agent file a Rootkit TDSS Gen file a Trojan FakAlert file a Trojan Fraudpack file a Rogue AntivirusSuite Gen file a Trojan Downloader file and a Hijack Tray file This thing seems to be blocking my access to everything I m hoping I can get some help even though I can t get a log posted Please help Thank you so much John

A:Virus - Lost Access privileges, Internet Connection

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. You can subscribe by clicking the Options box to the right of your topic title and selecting Track This Topic.Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/320868/virus-lost-access-privileges-internet-connection/
Relevancy 50.31%

i have been using internet via USB dongle on my laptop and transfering it to phone device through hostednetwork for the last months But today it got disconnected suddenly So i tried to connect it and i was able to set hostednetwork started but failed to connect internet I even tried by creating a new hostednetwork profile but same issue still persist So i uninstalled usb dongle settings and reinstalled and went to the quot internet connection sharing quot tab wherein i 5 sharing, denied connection Internet is error access select quot wireless network connection quot and check the box quot allow other network users to connect through this computer's internet connection quot when i clicked ok button i got this message quot When internet connection sharing is enabled your Internet connection sharing, error 5 access is denied LAN adapter will be set to use IP address Your computer may lose connectivitywith other computers on your Internet connection sharing, error 5 access is denied network If this other computers have static IP addresses you should set them to obtain their IP addresses automatically quot i clicked OK and then i got the message again like quot since this connection is currently active some settings will not take effect until the next time you dial it quot i clicked ok Message box popped up again saying quot cannot enabled shared access Error Access is denied quot I even set to obtain an IP and DNS server address automatically But could not able to share internet Please help me

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/381477-internet-connection-sharing-error-5-access-denied.html
Relevancy 50.31%

My brother downloaded the Windows update connection access but trouble with have internet local area having that included have local area connection but having trouble with internet access service pack and it put the have local area connection but having trouble with internet access computer into a state of a blue screen We got that figured out with help of a tech assistant over the phone but now we are having have local area connection but having trouble with internet access trouble with internet access Once the computer starts up there is no problem surfing but then after ten - fifteen minutes of browsing it stops It will work again after being rebooted or after going to my network connections and disabling our local area connection and then reenabling it but still after a little bit of time it stops working IE says the problem has to do with my Winsock provider catalog I have tried numerous ideas seen on here and other sites suggesting to go to run and type in different codes to reset the log and reset my TCP IP but still no help If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it Its really becoming a pain Thanks

A:have local area connection but having trouble with internet access

Have you tried this program http://www.snapfiles.com/get/winsockxpfix.html
If that dosen't work try uninstalling SP3 see if that fixes your problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/have-local-area-connection-but-having-trouble-with-internet-access-324482.html