Windows Support Forum

There is no output device (Realtek HD Audio)

Q: There is no output device (Realtek HD Audio)

Hello,

first I already wanna thank everybody who replies to this and try to help me. Yesterday morning I tried to download a sound driver that would make the Stereo Mix option available. It was not from the original website of Realtek or HP. It was from here: http://driveragent.com/c/archive/196a161c/Realtek-High-Definition-audio#summary. After I finished the installation and restarted my PC there was a red cross next to the sound icon and when I tried to open volumemixer it said 'No audio output device installed'. I tried to uninstall it with system restore. Than I also tried to install the latest sound drivers from the Realtek and HP site but both didn't work. Also I saw on another topic that maybe some services were stopped but that wasn't. Now I really don't know what to do. Hope someone can help me.

Tsjeuke

PC manufactrurer: HP
Operating system: Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 32-bit

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: There is no output device (Realtek HD Audio)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: There is no output device (Realtek HD Audio)

Your PC manufacturer is HP but what is the model?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/there-is-no-output-device-realtek-hd-audio.216620/
Relevancy 99.33%

Hello all I have Win 7 32-bit on my gateway mx6437 and am having the same problem that several people are having here - no sound. I downloaded the latest Realtek AC '97 drivers from the Realtek website. I checked to see if this card was compatible with Win 7 32-bit from the compatability website. Right now the drivers are "installed" but Win 7 says its unsuccessfully installed.

I have an AMD Turion 64 card. Please help I've been researching this issue for the past 2 weeks without success.

Relevancy 98.47%

Hello.

Im having the dreadful "No Audio Output Device is Installed" problem on my realtek audio.

It worked some months ago, but im in no position to do a roll back. Im sure the hardware is just fine, it works with Ubuntu.

The computer is a Dell Vostro 430.
My OS is win7 64bit.

I tried the newest Realtek driver suite, the recommended dell-drivers and some basic windows-drivers. Nothing makes the "No Audio Output Device is Installed" go away.

Any help is welcome.
Ive attached my sound-related reg. I believe my realtek device is 0001.

A:Realtek Audio: No Audio Output Device is Installed

The Dell driver is required, non Dell drivers will either not work or not work correctly.

First thing, is the Integrated Audio enabled in the BIOS? (F2 at boot up to enter Setup).

Second, on Dell's (and many others) if the motherboard chipset drivers were not installed, the sound device will not work. In this model there are Intel motherboard chipset drivers. Try installing them and then the Dell sound driver. Dell Drivers

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/128518-realtek-audio-no-audio-output-device-installed.html
Relevancy 90.3%

I ve spent countless hours trying to fix this It started out with me wanting to enable the quot stereo mix quot option and so following a Output is Audio Installed" HD Audio) "No Device (Realtek youtube video I proceeded to updating the driver using device manager gt update driver and after restarting I received this error I then downloaded the newest driver of the manufacturer "No Audio Output Device is Installed" (Realtek HD Audio) website realtek hd audio realtek com and installed it Mind you the stereo mix option did in fact show up although I couldn t make use of any audio since I was getting the quot no audio output device is installed quot error All this time I can still see the mic line-in inputs and headphone speaker outputs in the sounds control panel I have tried uninstalling reinstalling and using the roll-back option for drivers Although from control panel I managed to uninstall the sound card software for realtek Between all of this after any sort of install or uninstall I also restarted my computer I downloaded the drivers from the HP site PC manufacturer for my comp and the Realtek site sound card creator and all of them are giving me the same results Furthermore I even tried the System Restore and it wouldn t work complaining about an anti-virus when all of mine are already disabled I checked what the System Restore would affect too and nothing for my driver was in there as far as I know I m really not sure what my options are now and it s sucks not having any sound Please help me out Thanks P S For the record my computer is the HP Elite e f and I run Windows x nbsp

A:"No Audio Output Device is Installed" (Realtek HD Audio)

See if Windows reports any problem devices

Make sure all your devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post

Next, click Start->Run, enter: services.msc, scroll to Windows Audio, rt click Properties.
> Verify StartupType=Automatic and Status=Started

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-output-device-is-installed-realtek-hd-audio.145929/
Relevancy 87.72%

I don't know if "No is Audio Laptop/RealTek Asus Device Output Installed" any of this is related but I wanted to provide as much information as I could for you Asus Laptop/RealTek "No Audio Output Device is Installed" gurus to deal with So here's what happened I left my ASUS K A laptop in sleep mode I opened the lid to wake it up Asus Laptop/RealTek "No Audio Output Device is Installed" logged in and then everything started to load really slowly This hasn't happened before and the computer quickly BSOD'd in that new Windows fashion It restarted and scanned repaired my D drive again in a very slow manner It took maybe minutes just to get to the login screen as opposed to maybe a minute I login and again everything's very slow This time I just hit the power button and reset the laptop that way hoping it'd fix things Unfortunately the same thing happens After doing this about or more times each time spending about to minutes I just let it run after I log in I manage to click the quot Restart quot option on the side after waiting eons for it to respond to my clicks I get it to load and it booted up normally Or so I thought My D drive was suddenly inaccessible and my little volume speaker at the bottom right had the red X beside it saying quot No Audio Output Device is Installed quot I spend another billion years trying to fix my D drive changing permissions and allowing full control and eventually getting full access again most likely with some unknown ramifications I found out after that although my C drive didn't suffer from the same problem as my D drive the C drive would keep asking me for my permission when I moved things around there even though it was never like that before all of this I do the same thing I did with the D drive and seemingly fixed the issue My next focus was on the sound I made the mistake of not checking my Device Manager before I blindly reinstalled a Realtek driver I don't think it made a difference but I'll never know now Anyway I downloaded a Realtek HD Audio driver that should've been compatible with my system but I couldn't get it to finish installing as it ended every installation that I tried with some error code x I go into Device Manager and see two icons with the exclamation marks beside them quot Intel R Display Audio quot and quot Audio Device on High Definition Bus quot The quot Intel R Display Audio quot was under the normal quot Sound video and game controllers quot but the quot Audio Device on High Definition Bus quot was found under quot Other Devices quot So I just uninstall the quot Audio Device on High Definition Bus quot since I've read that sometimes you need to uninstall in order to reinstall something After I uninstall I manage to successfully install a compatible Realtek HD Audio Driver However it still wouldn't give me sound after I restarted my computer as it prompted me to On top of that there was no Realtek HD Audio Driver or anything similar found under quot Sound video and game controllers quot Only quot Intel R Display Audio quot was there and apparently that wasn't working either After uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times I just uninstalled quot Intel R Display Audio quot out of frustration which then led to TWO quot Audio Device on High Definition Bus quot under quot Other Devices quot I go into msinfo and under quot Problem Devices quot there's the two quot Audio Devices on High Definition Bus quot and they have the error code that says quot This device is not configured correctly quot I also don't have anything under quot Sound Device quot I don't know what to do Did my sound card just burn out during the whole D drive Scan Repair fiasco Edit I forgot to add that I've tried the quot Adding Scanning Legacy Hardware quot but I might have done it incorrectly or something because it was unable to successfully install find anything

A:Asus Laptop/RealTek "No Audio Output Device is Installed"

From your description, I'm going to suggest what I try to avoid at all costs. Do a complete reinstall. I know its a hassle but sometimes its what is needed.

Backup your user data to some external media (USB flash drive, CD/DVD media, etc) first as the reinstall will wipe it all out. Then do the reinstall, using the recovery mode that I assume ASUS has (most PC vendors have a recovery partition on the hard drive that will allow restoring to the original factory condition).

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/49791-asus-laptop-realtek-no-audio-output-device-installed.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi to all.

On my Dell OptiPlex 755 E6550 2.33, I've had intermittent issues with the headphone socket suddenly stopping working for quite some time,sometimes problem is auto detected and fixed, sometimes I download a driver or three to resolve. This time nothing is helping no matter what drivers I've tried. Have Win 7 Ultimate installed with just on-board sound. No sound or audio shows up in device manager? Are 755's fickle with on-board sound or just too many sound drivers installed? Any ideas please.

A:Dell OptiPlex 755 No Audio Output device and no Sound/Audio in Device Manager

There could be multiple hidden audio devices.
* Press windows key + R* Enter cmd, click OK* Type cd\ [press Enter]* Type set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1 [press Enter]* Type devmgmt.msc [press Enter]* Once the Device Manager opens, open Sound and see if you have multiple grey out items. If yes, delete them, then restart the computer and retest

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3513/t/19679984
Relevancy 80.84%

I'm having a strange problem in my HTPC Audio is coming perfectly fine out from the S PDIF coaxial output and it's normally connected only that way to the receiver but now for other reasons rear Realtek output on from fine nothing S/PDIF, audio, audio ALC889 I also need to connect it using a mm to a small mixer So in the sound manager Realtek ALC889 audio, audio fine on S/PDIF, nothing from rear output I changed the output to the quot Speakers quot and in fact the Realtek sound manager detects Realtek ALC889 audio, audio fine on S/PDIF, nothing from rear output that a cable is plugged into that output and shows me the dialog where it's selected Problem is nothing comes out I know it's not the mm to RCA cable because I plugged in my phone played some music and I can hear it just fine Realtek ALC889 audio, audio fine on S/PDIF, nothing from rear output But the rear speaker green output puts out no sound at all as I also tested it plugging headphones On the Sound Windows panel where you can select the playback device I can see the volume level move up and down when I'm playing any media file as well as in the Volume Mixer If I switch back to the S PDIF output and change the input in my receiver audio is coming just fine I haven't tried the front outputs because they are not connected The motherboard has HD Audio but the case has AC connectors so I never cared to connect them because I don't use them I know the rear green output worked at some point because I remember having a pair of computer speakers connected to it a few years ago This is a Gigabyte GA- FXA-UD rev motherboard with an AMD T and GB of RAM with Windows Home Premium The installation is about two months old with the drivers from back then and the latest audio driver on the Gigabyte website is from so this driver is the latest available I tried rebooting the machine just in case but it didn't help Any idea what this could be Did a power surge selectively fried the analog part of the audio chipset It is connected to a surge protector I built this computer myself and I'm always very careful to tie every cable and not leave them loose inside the case Thanks Sebastian

A:Realtek ALC889 audio, audio fine on S/PDIF, nothing from rear output

I found out after a while. In the popup dialog when a cable is plugged in, I had selected "Rear speaker out" mistakenly thinking it was talking about the rear output, not the rear speakers in a 5.1 speaker setting. Changing to "Front speaker out" solved the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/317104-realtek-alc889-audio-audio-fine-s-pdif-nothing-rear-output.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi guys I'm having a little problem with my onboard audio having just installed Windows clean install I have an Asus P Z -V LE PLUS motherboard which includes a quot Realtek ALC -Channel High Definition Audio CODEC quot onboard I have installed the latest realtek drivers R from the official website Now here's my problem when I was using Windows on this same machine I could plug headphones in the front panel connector as well as speakers in the green back panel connector This would give me two audio outputs in the device manager sound list which a at HD one shows time output only Audio Realtek audio was pretty practical and enabled me to output different applications through the speakers or the headphones Now however there's only one output irrelevant of whether or not I have two outputs plugged in at the same time They appear in the device manager as a single device called quot speakers quot see picture Instead of both having separate outputs they both output exactly the same audio Any solution to this

A:Realtek HD Audio only shows one audio output at a time

Hello audiobreak,

Try going into the Realtek HD Audio Manager (Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Realtek HD Audio Manager), then look for a setting called 'Make front and rear output devices playback two different audio streams simultaneously'. I cannot remember where this is located (The Realtek HD Audio Manager has different skins depending on the motherboard vendor), but for an ASUS Motherboard, I believe you click the Cog Icon in the top left and the option should be in there. I don't know if this will create a separate Playback Device for the Front Panel in Window's Playback Devices, but it will at least allow you to hear audio from both your speakers and headphones at the same time.

Hope this helps.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/37996-realtek-hd-audio-only-shows-one-audio-output-time.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello, my hp p6310f realtek audio is gone and i tried everything to fix it but nothing works .

I tried reinstalling drivers from hp and realtek site but it keeps on failing, also the sound is enabled in bios but still not working so now i decided to get a sound card.

Which 1 of these is better sound card and will it work on my hp p6310f. ASUS Xonar DG 5.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card - Newegg.com

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE Sound Card - Newegg.com

I have gt 240 gpu installed on black pci port. OS is win 7 64bit.

A:Realtek HD audio output gone

Well first; before you go and spend money on another sound card; try this: go into the device manager in control panel; and completely uninstall the device. Then reboot and let windows re-detect it and reinstall the drivers for it; then check to see if there are any updates for those drivers and install them. Try this out and see if it helps ya any.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/327672-realtek-hd-audio-output-gone.html
Relevancy 78.69%

My audio went hay wire and im not sure how to fix it, i look at all the speaker settings on the master volume and nothing is muted. i think i update the drivers i just dont no if i did it right. if anybody can help. by telling me the steps or even giving me bedder idea of a better audio program. if it helps you to help me i do have Realteks Audio Manager. this system is all new to me because my big brother wants me to get into building computers and gaming so he gave me his old rig i'm new to it

if it help this is my rig

motherboard Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L

Graphics card EVEA Ge force GTX 260

System Microsoft window XP
-home Edition
-Version 2002
-Service Pack 3

Computer Intel(R) Core (TM) Duo

Please help Me

A:Help Realtek Audio no output?

You already started a thread for this problem here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic157322.html. Please don't start new threads for the same problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-realtek-audio-no-output.157664/
Relevancy 78.26%

ok i've allready tried some varios steps Disabling various devices one by one drivers tried Disabling S PDIF tried Disabling LAN as i'm over Wifi tried disabling the Nidia Sound HDMI out as (only Staticy Device) output over Sound Realtek well teh Staticy Sound output (only over Realtek Device) quot Additional ports quot w o any success this Staticy Sound output (only over Realtek Device) occurs reguardless the Media Player i've tried switching Output faces i have front and back faces i've run DPC Latency Checker and Something is Defantly afoot after mins it Maxed at over uS i'm not sure what driver is causing it and DPCLatency does report quot Some device drivers on this machine behave bad and will probably cause drop-outs in real-time audio and or video streams quot culprits i can think of atm Underclocked CPU i've been having heat issues so to manage the excessive heat i've underclocked my FX to GHZ from GHZ Stock by changing the multiplier and leaving the stock fan to run AC Noise this PC runs on an CyberPower VA LCD SmartUPS current load is amp Burnt out USB for months i've been running a Overclocked quot BITMAIN quot AntMiner U OpenSourceCoin OSC non stop i see side effects such as USB Devices like pendrives have decreased speeds Wifi drops outs SD Readers cant function when the Miner is active as it is whats plugge din on USB Xbox Wired Controller Dell Generic Laser mouse Logitech Keyboard generic USB N wifi adapter x Unused USB Cables to charge my phones USB External x DVD Burner power Connector for Turtlebeach X 's on USB Ports the static i hear and monitoring w DPC Latency analyizer Anytime the DPC Latency Spikes i've attached my Driver list using the SF Diagnostic Tool edit as well be noted i recently uninstalled EasyTune and exited the pannel it eliminated the static over HDI Out but its still there over my Realtek Analog out

A:Staticy Sound output (only over Realtek Device)

I have a similar problem, gaming without audio is

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/334895-staticy-sound-output-only-over-realtek-device.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I need help finding the latest driver for my Realtek HD Audio Output... I am currently using Windows XP Home Edition SP3... I need something that is compatible for it... My current sound driver version is 5.10.0000.5296.... I need the latest driver for it...

A:Realtek HD audio driver output

Go to your motherboard's website, find your exact model and see if the have newer drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-hd-audio-driver-output.149365/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello Everyone,

I got a problem and hope that you could help me.
I have Fujitsu-Siemens Laptop with Realtek Audio card built-in.
Initially when I open the Realtek Audio Manager it shows Speakers and Digital Output as well.
I have disabled the Digital Output at certain time, and now cannot find a way to enable it again.
I've searched in the Control Panel, tried trouble shoot utility from the Control Panel and have got no idea how to enable Digital Output back.
Any suggestion are welcome, I'll try.
Thank you

A:Digital Output with Realtek Audio

Hi Nguyen

Have you tried re-installing the realtek driver?

Regards

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/91450-digital-output-realtek-audio.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi!

I have a little problem, with my notebook.
I've installed Win 7, and it's working fine, except that there is an optical jack output on my notebook, but I can't use it, because the I can't see it on the Realtek HD audio manager.
With XP, it worked fine. And when I plug in the optical cable, the software defines it as a headphone....
The audio hardware is Realtek HD Audio (ALC883), and it an msi s262x notebook (with Realtek R2.16 vista driver).

If you have some good ideas please tell me.
Thank you.

P1eTr0

A:Realtek HD Audio optical output

I have the same problem with the via sound driver.
It loses the sound after there hasn't been any sound for about 5 minutes.What i do is disable the driver and then renable the driver and then it works.
Try a previous driver because the latest one on my board doesn't pick up my optical but the previous one does.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/4408-realtek-hd-audio-optical-output.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi guys I'm having a little problem with my onboard audio having just installed Windows I have an Asus B M-G motherboard which includes a quot Realtek ALC High Definition Audio CODEC quot onboard I have installed the latest realtek drivers R output? change Audio Realtek 2nd do How HD I from the official website Now here's my problem when I was using Windows on this same machine I could plug headphones in the front panel connector as well as speakers in the green back panel connector This would give me two audio outputs in the Realtek Audio manager which was pretty practical and enabled me to output different applications through the speakers or the headphones Now however there's only one output irrelevant of whether or not I have two outputs plugged in at my computer so How do I change Realtek HD Audio 2nd output? I tried change setting to used nd output function but I don't find quot Playback Device - gt Make front and rear output devices palyback two different audio streams simultaneously quot Tab in the option ver Last version see nd picture I want a visible the check tab rd picture How do I change Realtek HD Audio nd output

A:How do I change Realtek HD Audio 2nd output?

If clean uninstall (sorry don't know how to for Realtek) and fresh re-install does not work, try an older version instead of R2.79 - latest is not always the best especially with older hard and software. I know guru3d has them in their download section.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/399350-how-do-i-change-realtek-hd-audio-2nd-output.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I have been trouble shooting my sound for quite some time with no results. I've deleted and reinstalled drivers, checked bios, etc. no luck.here are my speccy details:http://speccy.piriform.com/results/hABYADp66DTHtJPioAZ4aF0and here's an example of the messages i'm recieving.

A:No Audio Output Device Installed/ Audio Device Disabled

What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/413317/no-audio-output-device-installed-audio-device-disabled/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi, i just recently got my convertible laptop. I have found ou that the audio doesn't work due to there being no audio output device installed, and after researching, I found out that there was a problem with the the Intel SST Audio Device. The device status stated:  "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)There are no compatible drivers for this device.To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver." I tried updating the driver but the computer could not find any drivers for the device.  Can anybody fix this for me please? Thank You.

A:No Audio Output Device installed and Intel SST Audio Device ...

Hi @JD_gin?,Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion x2 Notebook and issues with sound drivers not installed correctly. In the Device Manager, right-click on Double-click on Sound, video, and game controllers and select all that are listed and uninstall the Driver Software. Here is the download to the Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driversp69248.exe. You could  try using the Windows Update Troubleshooting tool to fix any updates that have not come through for Windows.  Please restart the Notebook twice to make sure all update have been completed! You could also try in the Device Manager, click the arrow next to Display Adaptors to expand that categoryRight-click on Graphics and select Update Driver Software if more than 1 Graphics adapter do 1 at a time.Choose the option to Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.The Notebook should find and automatically install the updated driverAfter the installation is complete, restart your Notebook.Please let me know how this goes.You can say thanks for trying to help by clicking the Thumbs Up below!.Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/No-Audio-Output-Device-installed-and-Intel-SST-Audio-Device/td-p/5412572
Relevancy 76.97%

i have realtek audio output.the sound system works good.when i got to SOUNDS and AUDIO device propeties , a window is displayed it shows an option like -place a volume icon bar in the task bar , but if i try to click the option, its not working.it shows error message like "WINDOWS CANT LOCATE VOLUME CONTROL BAR SO INTSTALL IT IN ADD OR REMOVE PROGRAMS".when i contacted with computer service person he says like he cant help it becoz it is corrupted or u need to reinstall windows.is it true?kindly help

A:realtek audio output problems-kindly help

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladynu

when i contacted with computer service person he says like he cant help it becoz it is corrupted or u need to reinstall windows.is it true?kindly help

That is highly unlikely to be true.

I think you may well find the solution here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319095

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/realtek-audio-output-problems-kindly-help-390281.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Good evening, folks!

I've recently bought an ASUS notebook, model K45a. After a few days, I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8, but I didn't like it, so I formatted it and reinstalled Windows 7 64 bits.

I've installed all the preferred drivers from the asus website, but there is no digital output! I got the newest Realtek Audio driver, and no digital output option available.

I've been to Control Panel > Hardware & Sound > Sound > Manage sound devices and right-clicked to select "show disabled devices" and "show disconnected devices" (sorry if it's not 100% accurate, I'm using a portuguese Windows version and trying to translate it accordingly) and nothing.

All I get is the speakers, no digital option, which means no 5.1 signal through both spdif or hdmi to my home theater. When I open Realtek HD Manager, it only displays the analog jacks.

Any thoughts on this?

Thank you!

Relevancy 76.97%

I am having trouble with getting different applications to play through different outputs. I have my speakers plugged into the back and my headset in the front, but I can't figure out how to get my music and game sound to play out of the speakers while keeping the chat audio from skype or teamspeak in the headset. I'm using the Realtek ACL892 8-channel High Def Audio CODEC that comes built in to the ASUS Sabortooth 990FX R2.0.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/40479-realtek-audio-multi-output-tasking.html
Relevancy 76.11%

The jack outputs are all bundled into one device. I want to have one device for each output jack, and not all on one. That means to automatically have detected various output devices...I add also a pic, so you can understand my problem. The picture text is in italian, but it shouldn't be a problem
Thanks for helping

A:Realtek Audio Jack Output Assignment Troubleshooting

1. I see you have the "High Definition Audio" as the device type. That suggests that you do not have the RealTek sound driver installed. Instead just the basic function Microsoft/Windows sound driver.

I have RealTek and I have a RealTek HD Audio Manager that will allow SOME (not all) jack assignment changes.

You can only have one default audio playback device and if I understand you correctly, you can't have different devices for different outputs. You can have "Stereo" (2 channel) or 2.1 speaker system that is connected to the Green speaker jack. OR you could have a 5.1 speaker system with the the THREE connections to the PC. But, you can't have one jack for one device or speaker system and another for a different speaker system.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/277631-realtek-audio-jack-output-assignment-troubleshooting.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Dear Forum Appreciate your feedback on the below problem I'm facing My desktop will Optical prevents mode output PC into Realtek audio sleep going not go into sleep mode after the set time Forcing sleep mode sleep button works OK Using the quot Windows insomnia quot information found in various fora the quot powercfg Realtek audio Optical output prevents PC going into sleep mode -requests quot command and quite some Realtek audio Optical output prevents PC going into sleep mode time the issue boiled down to the quot An audio stream is currently in use quot message from said command originating from the Realtek High Definition audio driver Further digging revealed that if I would disable the optical SPDIF output in sound playback devices the error message from quot powercfg -requests quot would disappear and the PC would go into sleep mode as intended Strangely enough the Realtek audio Optical output prevents PC going into sleep mode 'speakers' and the 'Realtek digital output' this is the non-optical digital output can stay enabled for the sleep mode to work OK Question how can I keep also the optical digital audio output enabled AND enjoy the power saving effect from Sleep mode Some background Windows Ultimate Asus P P EVO mobo with Realtek audio latest audio drivers using both 'speaker' and 'optical' sound output to feed the PC speakers using analog audio as well as the audio system using digital optical audio The optical connection to the audio system effectively avoids any ground-loops and hence no hum noise If I would use quot powercfg quot to ignore the audio driver 'in use' information - which is often an effective workaround - the PC would also go into sleep mode when just playing audio PS if this is not the right best forum for this question please let me know

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/388748-realtek-audio-optical-output-prevents-pc-going-into-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium on my Dell Inspiron E1505.

I have had no problems with it for several years; however, recently my computer has booted with a red 'X' on my audio and tells me that "No Audio Output Device is Installed." I checked my Drivers and my High Definition Sound and 2 Base System Device drivers have Yellow Question Marks by them. I tried to update the drivers manually but it says Windows Cannot Find Support for your Base System Device and it says my High Definition Audio is already up to date. I have also tried uninstalling the drivers and rebooting Windows to let the system automatically search and update the drivers. This too has failed. I do not have my Windows 7 disc available at the moment to be able to do a clean install.

Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated.

A:No Audio; Driver Downloads Fail and No Audio Output Device Installed

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/Product/inspiron-e1505

Dell link to driver downloads. Start there for now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-driver-downloads-fail-and-no-audio-output-device-installed.1078253/
Relevancy 74.82%

No sound.
Little speaker with the red 'x' appeared yesterday
I have gone through the whole update drivers circus to no avail, my laptop can't detect that it has speakers built in so it doesn't bother finding a driver for them.

This is where I am at:
- Intel Display Audio is the only driver installed for sound
- This means that sound works when the laptop is plugged into an HDMI
- When HDMI is not plugged in, the computer cannot find the built in speakers.
- I have Linux on this system and audio does not work there as well

I would call this a broken chipset, but the fact that the computer still processes audio with the HDMI cable attached is confusing me. Also, the 'audio board' for this laptop has 2 usb ports attached to it, and those both work fine.

Any help would be appreciated

A:No Audio Output Device is installed, HDMI Audio Out Works

Hi welcome to the forum

first thing i would check is the bios to make sure it is enabled.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/367886-no-audio-output-device-installed-hdmi-audio-out-works.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi I finally upgraded from Windows XP to Windows and almost went back shortly after finding out I could no longer organize or manually arrange my own personal files and or folders but luckily I discovered an application called 'Folder Options X' which has re-enabled that feature for me so I'm happy to be upgrading I'm having a few issue's with my audio playback options I'm using an audio application called SRS Audio Sandbox Version which doe's work with Windows because when I first installed it was working perfect for a good few weeks time but recently I downloaded Realtek HD Audio Manager to enable me to playback audio through my monitor speakers but it seems to have changed my audio setup I have a Logitech z speakers which take up green black amp yellow ports and my monitor has a green audio jack which I plugged in green and my Logitech's green jack I've plugged into Blue and used Realtek HD Manager to change Blue port to a Line Out option It appears to work accept when I do Speaker Playback Test clicking on diagram only left amp right speakers playback noise though when I do it with headphones on all speakers playback noise Left Right Center Sub Rear Left amp Rear Right not sure Playback Knocks SRS Realtek) Sandbox Audio Out Device Audio (Default if that's normal Under Sound proprieties my Realtek HD Audio is set as the default playback device in which both my speaker amp monitor playback music but I need it to playback through SRS Audio Sandbox so I can manage and adjust the sound but when I set SRS as default device no music plays Thanks in advance Direct Link http i tinypic com o zr jpg Direct Link http i tinypic com h w jpg Edit I think my sound card is ASUSTeK Tiger Capture Device thanks

A:Audio Playback (Default Device Realtek) Knocks Out SRS Audio Sandbox

Reading some users comments on the Sandbox "audio enhancement" most comments are negative about this product. SRS Audio Sandbox - CNET Download.com

If it worked at one time and now does not, have you tried making it the default audio playback device rather than the RealTek? Or have you tried reinstalling it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/250894-audio-playback-default-device-realtek-knocks-out-srs-audio-sandbox.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I have no audio at all since the last update from windows 10 in early April.  I am showing a No audio output device installed on the audio icon on my computer.  When I go to device manager it shows that I have no sound components and an error code 39.  This is starting to really frustrate me.  I have tried everything and nothing works.  Be it said I am not an IT person and am limited in my knowledge of computers, but still I am pretty sure it can be a simple fix.

A:I have lost audio and am showing a No audio output device in...

#HPExpertDay1. Restore BIOS to defaults: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c026938332. Update BIOS: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c000426293. Check for hardware functionality: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03463381

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/I-have-lost-audio-and-am-showing-a-No-audio-output-device/td-p/5625725
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi,
I just realized that stereo output is inverted (L&R are swapped) on my Realtek front panel headphones connector and on my M-Audio Firewire card. Output is OK on Realtek rear main/front speakers connector.
Any ideas on how to fix this?
Thanks,
J

A:Stereo Audio Output Inverted on Realtek Front Panel and Firewire Card

The front panel Headphone switch could just be a wiring error in the front panel, since it is correct at the rear panel. Or the cable that connects the front panel to the motherboard has a wiring error (assuming the connector is properly connected). Many cases have two audio connectors for the front panel, HD Audio and AC97 audio. The HD Audio is the preferred, if you are not using that, connect it and see if that helps. If you have HD Audio connected, and you have AC97, use that.

The MAudio device is a separate issue. I have a Sonar X2 recording studio and have an MAudio Fastrack Ultra 8R interface unit (and a Roland Octa-Capture). I used to have a firewire unit, a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 and any channel swapping was done in the DAW program (e.g. Sonar).

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/277930-stereo-audio-output-inverted-realtek-front-panel-firewire-card.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I m having an issue I ve had before and found the resolution for But can t find it again Symptoms Flash programs like the sound for the MMO I tried logging into and the part of an issue audio - ac97 No Device Audio Realtek online job application that has a quot play quot button to listen to a scenario then answer the questions from what you heard won t play Problem wasn t there lasntight it s there today Winamp etc will still play audio System sounds won t play Alert sounds used to play a chime but now play Realtek ac97 audio issue - No Audio Device the alert tone from the pc All drivers are updated and correct This is a setting somewhere that needs to be fixed I just don t remember what setting Some people with this problem report that it fixed itself after a while but I don t have time to sit and count on that I know a new piece of hardware won t fix it It s an issue in the computer settings somewhere Steps taken Originally when I went to device manager it showed everything as working Down in the system tray I had the volume icon but when I tried to left click nothing happened When I went to right click gt open volume controls it gave an error saying there Realtek ac97 audio issue - No Audio Device were no mixing devices Checked that realtek is set to mixing and checked all drivers Went into control panel gt sounds and audio devices no audio device and no option to set one as default I went into services msc and audio s set to automatic already I disabled the drivers and restarted intending to re-enable them Upon restart I no longer have a volume icon in the system tray Still no audio device through control panel However in Device Manager everything s showing as enabled And I now have quot Microsoft WinMM WDM Audio Compatibility Driver quot with an exclamation point The error is quot A driver service for this device has been disabled An alternate driver may be providing this functionality Code quot Can t update the driver it gives me that error again Looked up that error and got the resolution to try reinstalling or change the start type in the registry The link on Microsoft s page to do that isn t present and their info for editing the registry is like finding a needle in a haystack I know I didn t have to go into the registry to fix this last time and I feel I m going leagues under the sea to catch a trout that I could catch in a smaller lake Please don t tell me to get a new audio device I ve had this problem before and know that s not the resolution If you don t know the answer and aren t familiar with this specific issue please don t post quot try reinstalling the drivers again quot or quot contact your manufacturer quot or anything like that Thanks so much nbsp

A:Realtek ac97 audio issue - No Audio Device

Go to the motherboards support site, under your model and operating system. Download the audio driver and install it once more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-ac97-audio-issue-no-audio-device.106670/
Relevancy 73.53%

i need help urgently...

I got A REALTEK HD AUDIO SOUND CARD ONBOARD

this all happened when i took my jack sound off (speakers) then put it back on and no sound was playing... so i restarted my pc then winamp goes i aint got no audio playback devices. i go check my sound manager and it goes i aynt got no Audio Devices in the input and output...

i tried desabling n enabling on BIOS and reinstalling My drivers and getting updates but still no hope.. anyone please care to help?

i got

windows xp SP2
DirectX 9.0c
1.5 GB RAM
512 MB Graphics Card Nvidia
Nforce MotherBoard
Realtek HD Audio!

Relevancy 71.81%

My computer is less then 2 years old...desktop emachines and for the past four days, I cannot hear any music! Keep getting the message no audio output device installed...error code 31 and 21....Help...been to many sites and everyone wants me to pay to fix this crap...not going to do this...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-output-device.916098/
Relevancy 71.81%

Had to reset computer.  After reset my audio button has a red x and states No Audio Output device is installed.Have gone to device Manager and tried to install driver and  I get Windows encountered a problem installing driver software for your device.  A device attached to the system is not functioning.  error code 0x8007001f  My Audio is IDT - Audio Device - IDT High Definition Audio CoDEC

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/No-audio-Output-Device/td-p/5806561
Relevancy 71.81%

anyone help me.. i changed my os from xp to windows 7... but now same as the problems of the others, no audio output device with a red mark on the icon.. i just installed the cd windows 7. i cant install my graphics card because it says it's not supported with windows 7.. so i can open windows media center and i cant play music too.. pls help me.. i lost my cd for the motherboard also... can anybody help me? pls..

A:NO audio output device

After looking at you specs I really need to know what CPU you are running, whether you are using an internal sound card (on mother board), or PCI card, and if so the manufacture, and the age of the card. The sound card may not be supported either. Also even if you are running a 32 bit version of Win 7 512 of ram is just a might to low. You system would run a lot smoother with 2 gigs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/33318-no-audio-output-device.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Turion tm X Mobile Technology TL- AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce M nForce M Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB cd/dvd output rom audio device no or Free - MB Motherboard Quanta CF Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials no audio output device or cd/dvd rom Updated and Enabled I have went to hp and updated drivers Device manager say I have no driver Then when I try to update it it says it s up to date It won t give me the option to rollback the driver I ve looked up every fix online and tried it nothin seems to work I backed up my laptop and it came back then it was gone the next day So that makes me think its software issues instead of hardware issues I ran a scan with malwarebytes the day after it dissappeared again and found a few viruses including a trojan downloader I removed them and since then the scan has been clean I think It did some damage wile it was on there Please help I don t know what to do from here I tried to do a system restore to restore it back to factory settings and f will not work when it s booting up Not sure why I m not totally dumb when it comes to computers but I really need help not sure what to do next This laptop was passed to me after my mother passed away so it has sentimental value to me nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-output-device-or-cd-dvd-rom.1119884/
Relevancy 71.81%

I already looked at the other thread and nothing works. i recently istalled vista and installed the sound driver but the pc still doesn't have sound.i have also tried system recovery but still no sound. i don't know what my computer model is.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-output-device.860179/
Relevancy 71.81%

Installed sp2 last night and after i rebooted,it says no audio output device is installed when i put my cursor over the volume icon.What do i do now?

A:no audio output device after sp2

After you install SP2 for Windows Vista and for Windows Server 2008, a sound device or hardware device may no longer work. If this problem occurs, install an updated driver for the device.
To troubleshoot sound problems after you install Windows Vista service packs, follow the steps in the following Knowledge Base article: 948481 (How to troubleshoot sound problems that you experience after you install a Windows Vista Service Pack ) How to troubleshoot sound problems that you experience after you install a Windows Vista Service PackTo troubleshoot hardware issues after you install Windows Vista service packs, follow the steps in the following Knowledge Base article: 948187 (A device driver is not installed or a hardware device does not function correctly after you install a Windows Vista Service Pack ) A device driver is not installed or a hardware device does not function correctly after you install a Windows Vista Service Pack

Hope this helps you...

Barnabas

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/229285-no-audio-output-device-after-sp2.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Have windows 7.  Can't get any sound.  Sidebar shows No audio output device installed.  It's always been there before for the last 4 years.  How do I fix this?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/34938b9a-8af2-4092-99a0-9a453bff46de/no-audio-output-device?forum=w7itpromedia
Relevancy 71.81%

I m using a HP Compaq nc and I ve recently installed Windows Professional -bit Since installing it I had a problem with my sound which was as the title states no audio output device I ve been through several drivers none of which Audio Output Device No worked and I ve also tried sound max which has in fact worked however I can t stand the little sound bar when you up or down the volume and it s fairly unresponsive when I use the buttons on No Audio Output Device my laptop No Audio Output Device So No Audio Output Device in all fairness I just want the actual driver designed to work with this laptop I do have a version of Windows Home Premium not too sure if it d make much difference however I d rather not go through another OS install as I ve got most of my stuff already set up on this now I am good with computers so don t be afraid to get technical but I just need another angle on this because it s most likely just something I m overlooking Thanks for any help Adam nbsp

A:No Audio Output Device

Your machine according to the HP site has no support for Win7. Are you trying to install the Vista sound drivers? If you are, run the install in Compatibility Mode

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-output-device.1014022/
Relevancy 71.81%

My HP Pavilion DV9000 laptop has no sound. During Device Manager does not show any sound. I had sound, it worked, but today I had nothing. I have a Windows 7 Ultimate on it. I do not understand anything. What could be the cause?
thank you

A:No audio output device

Those HP dv9000's run hot and it is possible that the sound chip on the motherboard has failed... If this is the case, there should be a yellow exclamation point on the audio device driver in the device manager

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-output-device.187505/
Relevancy 71.81%

all of a sudden my computer is saying that i have no audio output device installed i really need help with this... what do i do? help me i want sound on my laptop again

A:no audio output device

hi you could try system restore to a date before the problem began or try looking in start control panel and in classic view device manager and check for any yellow ! anywhere in there but in particular sound and game controllers if you have any go to your comps mfr support website and download and install the latest drivers for you model and it may be worthwhile to do even if nothing seems out of order in device manager

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-output-device.799728/
Relevancy 71.81%

Suddenly, it seems I have no sounds. Did install and remove web cam, but don't know enough about computers to know what happened, any help out there? Running Vista

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/143477/audio-output-device/
Relevancy 71.81%

I have installed an Asus Xonar DX 7.1 (Working in perfectly in Vista) and I have also installed the drivers from the cd which installed without errors. I have also downloaded asus win 7 beta drivers yet I still get no sound.

In device manager I can see my asus card with the yellow ! signs. If I try to update the drivers it says I have the latest up to date drivers

At the bottom right near the clock it still reports no audio output device is installed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Mike

A:No audio output device...

Right click on your card in Device Manager and select Properties, what does it list (if anything) for an error code?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/21071-no-audio-output-device.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hey i recently reinstalled windows Xp on my PC and when i tried to play music it said i have no audio output device installed.

How do you install one?

Also i have no volume control on my toolbar!?!?!?

Thanks alot to anyone who replies

Sam

A:No audio output device!!!

Hi,

When you reinstalled your xp..did you also reinstall the motherboard drivers that come on a disc with the pc?

If you dont have it, could you post back your pc specs please..if you need help use the following program..i need the mobo name and chipset details

http://www.cpuid.com/pcwizard.php

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-audio-output-device-155362.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello, recently went on a trip, took my HP laptop with me. Was running fine until I arrived at home. Now no audio at all is playing. Wondering if anyone knows a way to fix this, or any software I can DL for a quick fix. Beginner at computers and problems like this, so I really could use some help.

I run on Vista if thats any help at all.

Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-output-device-gone.842458/
Relevancy 71.81%

My PC is Windows Vista(Dell) Inspiron. I"m getting an icon which says-No Audio Output Device is installed. Can you help me get this driver installed?

A:Audio output Device

service tag of the Dell pc?? look on the under neath for it.. Vista 64bit or 32bit?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-output-device.1112120/
Relevancy 71.81%

The old thread did not help as I try to get sounds to a virtual disk, where there is Windows Server 2008 installed as Vista. And the same red cross above the loudspeaker. Have tried some Vista Realtek 97 drivers but to no avail.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-output-device-again.784488/
Relevancy 71.81%

How to fix this problem?
I don't know what happen, yesterday it was good. I have Windows Vista.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-output-device.961436/
Relevancy 71.81%

When Vista SP1 was installed, sound did not work and I have not found a good driver to fix the problem,
eMachine T5224
SigmaTel Audio

Speaker icon has red X and indicates "No Audio Output Device is Installed"

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/nn-audio-output-device-after-sp1-327528.html
Relevancy 71.81%

when trying to play audio thru my compter i get no sound and the message "no audio output device is installed on my system"

A:no audio output device

Can we have a bit more info please? What sound card do you have? What version of windows/linux? What program are you using to get this error message?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-output-device.910082/
Relevancy 71.81%

I was reading an older post and the OP seems to have found the solution.

Original Post: No Audio Output Device Installed

I have an HP Pavillion2845 Laptop.

When I hit F10, I enter the BIOS setup. However, I can't locate the tab to Enable/Disable the sound card. I tried pressing other Function keys at the startup (DEL too) but to no avail. I feel like I'm missing an obvious step.

Give this site a try:

HP Business Support Center

It is not tech support provided by HP. It is voluntary support provided by HP business users. But there are some savvy people on there. As an example, I had HP PCs with Intel chips that kept locking up due to overheating. The fans never bumped up to higher speed when the CPU got hot. Turns out there was an "Easter Egg" or undocumented hotkey that opened a page in the BIOS setup they don't tell you about in the manual. On that page I could set the fan speeds and trigger temperatures.

I found out about that setup page in the HP business forum.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/270878-no-audio-output-device.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello can I get some help my audio out put device is not installed and my computer can not play any sound

A:audio output device

simply download NVIDIA Forceware WHQL Drivers V.190.38 for Vista Windows.
After installation.....
go to your Config Panel ( the case recording ) active it, and you'll see appear the icone of your mixing stereo. Have a good day.......it works..

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/241014-audio-output-device.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I have a Dell XPS M1330 with Intel Core Duo 2 and my OS is Windows 7 64 Bit. I have tried downloading drivers, windows updates, virus scans, browsed different forums for a solution, but none of them worked.. My sound just isn't working and I don't know what to do next. My SigmaTel High Definition Audio Codec is working fine, but my Intel(R) High Definition Audio HDMI is not. This is the message I get "Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)"

If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it.

If thats a old computer model then there probably aren't any windows 7 drivers for it.

You could possibly search for customer drivers, or homemade drivers. However i have never used them so i wouldn't recommend it, but it could be a option.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/95405-no-audio-output-device.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Ok so i have an eMachine T5224 running Windows vista.
I dont know what freaking happen theres a red X on the audio speaker on the lower right corner. And i cant hear anything. What cant i do to get sound again. or where do i go. Plz,Plz,Plz can anyone help me.

A:No Audio Output Device?? ***.

I had exactly the same problem when I installed Vista, despite the fact that my audio works fine in XP. The way I got round it was to go into Device Manager (Click control Panel>System>Device Manager ) and install the drivers. These should be on the disc that came with your machine.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-audio-output-device-169530.html
Relevancy 71.81%

My first post! I have a Gateway MT 6705 running Windows Vista. On my task bar the speaker icon has an x across it. and when i try to open it, i get an, no audio output device detected. Its only a yr. old.

A:audio output device

Was anything recently changed or removed? Any windows updates run?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-output-device.791317/
Relevancy 71.38%

I encountered some sound problem and then I uninstall the Realtek HD Audio from Add/Remove Programs. It requires to restart the computer so I restart my computer. After that I can't install again the driver & the program. BTW, I have Windows XP SP3 in my computer.

A:Realtek HD Audio device

It's a version mismatch in the driver.
A hotfix specific to Sp3, for the HD Audio driver, will be made available after XP SP3 releases.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dd309773-6bb6-4311-8d9f-28d848bca4f8/realtek-hd-audio-device?forum=itproxpsp
Relevancy 70.95%

I came home from work yesterday to find this message along with a speaker with a red x where the volue mixer is. I thought ok no big deal I'll just update the drivers. I remove and reinstall the drivers and I still have no sound. This one's got me stuck. I've tried having windows download the drivers automatically, downloading the drivers from intel directly and anything else I could think of. Sometimes I was able to get the red X to go away and it looked like it was working. However there was still no sound. I've even tested the speakers with another source and they work.

I've attached the full system specs in a text file.
The Basics though is it is a Intel 945GNT motherboard with integrated audio (I think it's a sigmatel 9223) running Windows Vista SP1

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:No Audio Output device is installed

I had the same problem, and it seems like many others are also, after the Vista SP1 update. Has something to do with audio codecs getting messed. I'm using a Realtek AC97 audio, not a high def like you, however I suspect it may be the same problem. I tried reinstalling drivers too with no luck. However, after reading around the web, this 3 step fix worked for me, and now I'm back to normal.
1. I downloaded and ran the k-lite mega codec found here.

http://www.free-codecs.com/K_Lite_Me...k_download.htm

2. In the control panel/sounds/select speakers/properties/advanced tab I hit the restore defaults button.
3. Changed back my default programs back to the one I use, windows media player, since k-lite changed defaults, and was good to go.

You might want to simply try step 2 by itself first, however if that button is greyed out, then you are already at defaults, and I'm not sure if the rest would help. I hope this gets you in the right direction, good luck.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-audio-output-device-is-installed-235185.html
Relevancy 70.95%

My laptop has no sound, the sound icon has a red x.Don't know what to do, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60, x64 Family 15 Model 104 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3006 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M, 64 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 190779 MB, Free - 76037 MB;
Motherboard: Quanta, 30CF
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 70.95%

I have a Compaq Presario F700 laptop and i am unable to find or use the audio device that was originally installed onto this computer. Recently, after years of my laptop not working, i finally fixed it but my internet wasn't working (until i got a wireless usb adapter), my cd/dvd drive not working, and my sound was also not working. My audio driver is from Conexant.

A:no audio output device not installed! HELP!

Howdy,

OK Vista but is it 32bit or 64bit?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-output-device-not-installed-help.1123513/
Relevancy 70.95%

I have a Gateway MX6426 laptop. I upgraded, (new install), from W$ xp to W$ Vista. I mouse over the speaker icon, which has an X through it, it states, "no audio output device is installed". I'm certain that this is a driver issue. When I look in the device manager, I have no directory listing for "sound, video and game controllers". In listing labeled, "other devices", the Mass Storage Controller, and the Multimedia Audio Controller are listed with no driver, (a yellow exclamation point).
I have looked for updated drivers, and found out about the missing sound folder while I was searching.
Also, I went into regedit, on my desktop, and exported the sound files from there, (same OS), copied to thumb, installed on gateway, hoping to create the directory. NOPE
I dont know what else to do, HELPMEPLEEZ.
Thank you,
Billy

A:no audio output device is installed

http://www.driverupdate.net/ free version on left of page you need driver and software package
http://support.gateway.com/support/drivers/search.asp?param=MX6426&st=kw bottom of page
ensure its actually turned on either via a button or even in bios ( several bios updates for your comp it seams also suggest you look in case this is a reson i had to update bios going from xp to vista

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-output-device-is-installed.971957/
Relevancy 70.95%

hi 
ihave a problem with my pc 
it's no have sound 
and no have multimedia audio controller in devie manenger pleas how to fix it all
no audio output device is installed 
how to install them

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f82a65dd-e07d-4b02-8cd2-aaeed7bc8432/no-audio-output-device-is-installed?forum=itprovistahardware
Relevancy 70.95%

I installed the latest required updates to my HP Pavilion DV6000 and now I have a speaker symbol with a red circle and white "X" inside of it saying that there is no audio output device installed. I do not know what happened for this to happen. I scanned my computer for viruses and have none. It seems like its a Vista problem from what I have been able to gather from reading but what ever it is I hope you can help. If you need any further info I will have to provide it as you request it because I don't know much other than what I just told you but I'll try and get you what you need so you can help me. thx.

A:No Audio Output Device Installed?

Quote:

Originally Posted by slick612

I installed the latest required updates to my HP Pavilion DV6000 and now I have a speaker symbol with a red circle and white "X" inside of it saying that there is no audio output device installed. I do not know what happened for this to happen. I scanned my computer for viruses and have none. It seems like its a Vista problem from what I have been able to gather from reading but what ever it is I hope you can help. If you need any further info I will have to provide it as you request it because I don't know much other than what I just told you but I'll try and get you what you need so you can help me. thx.

See if re-installing the current sound driver will help. See below article (mainly method 5)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948481

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-audio-output-device-installed-296519.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I used my computer two days ago in the morning to watch a video on Windows Media Player and all was normal Three hours later after a flight I turned it Installed No Output Audio Device is on and there is no audio -Speaker No Audio Output Device is Installed icon next to clock has a red X -Hovering over it displays quot No audio output device is installed quot -Clicking on it runs a troubleshoot the result of which is quot Audio Device is disabled not fixed quot -It provides no additional options -I am unable to go back to a restore point I tried and it failed twice now there are no additional restore points -right-clicking the X and selecting playback devices reveals this Speakers Conexant Smart Audio HD Default Device there is a green check if that means anything SPDIF Interface Conexant SmartAudio HD Ready -when I right-click on these the quot configure quot and quot test quot don't do anything -I already right-clicked the blank area below these two and checked quot show disabled devices quot and quot show disconnected devices quot neither affect this list -I am not finding any definitive fixes for this problem online -I have tried going into quot Services quot and restarting my quot windows audio quot and quot windows audio endpoint builder quot services Specs Toshiba Qosmio X Windows Home Premium bit Please help I am stuck in Thailand and would really like to skype my friends and family edit it looks like my streaming video is really choppy as well youtube etc but AVI files play smoothly the video only obv no audio

A:No Audio Output Device is Installed

The green check should mean that the device is still working correctly.
By this I mean that the driver for the device is functioning as expected.

Therefore, it must be a setting within the audio software for your machine,
in this case being the Conexant Smart Audio, which also says that it is ready.

Check the driver for the device anyway by right clicking the speaker properties
button in the sound window and under the general tab->controller information click properties again. Then click on the levels tab in the speaker properties box and check that the audio output level is 100 and there is no red mark near the small blue speaker as there is with microphone and line in as shown in the image I have provided.

Last of all click on the advanced tab in speaker properties and if yours is similar to this image then uncheck the boxes under exclusive mode and then click on restore defaults. I have a very similar model to your machine and by clicking this button it will restore the sample rate and bit depth to be used when running in shared mode. Mine says 24bit 48000Hz (studio quality).

Sometimes these changes can occur due to the use of a particular program or programs being used at the same time or in conjunction with each other. Maybe
it has just happened by accident (went to sleep on plane and head hit keyboard!!!)

Hope this helps- let us know how you go

Cheers
Edit: Make sure in speakers properties box that under the general tab the device usage
is set at "Use this Device (enable)"

Attachment 185937 Attachment 185939

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/199861-no-audio-output-device-installed.html
Relevancy 70.95%

This seems to be a common issue, and I've looked and looked but nothing has solved my problem.

I'm using a Toshiba Satellite U305-S7467 running Windows Vista Home Premium.

There is a red x over the speaker icon, when I hover over the icon it says "No Audio Output Device is installed."

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers in and out of safe mode, using the windows updates that are supposed to fix the issue, countless restarts, but nothing has helped. In the device manager the driver isn't in the sound category, but there's a high definition audio device under the system devices category. I've uninstalled and reinstalled in plenty of times. Still nothing. I don't know what to do anymore.

Does anybody have anything to suggest? I really need my sound back!

Relevancy 70.95%

I have searched the net for more than month Couldn t No Is Output Audio Installed Device find anything that would help So do not flame please I know there are topics like this but a bit differrent So I got this problem once got rid of it by uninstalling my audio device Realtek HD Audio after restart it was found automatically on logon and re-installed Had no problems with it for a few monts but got it again Wanted to do the same thing but when I got to control panel No Audio Output Device Is Installed there was no Sound and Video Controller suboption in it So I started looking for clues but everybody has the problem I had before and got rid of it easy as I did The sound was of the time off and sometimes it appearred On computer start It freaks me off really lol So I start my computer and have a speaker with a red X mark on it and it writes No audio output device is installed Dunno what to do Tried to reinstall the driver several times - not working I guess my sound card is the problem nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-output-device-is-installed.873035/
Relevancy 70.95%

Ok so here' s my problem I got an Acer ASPIRE G i got it this year in April It has Windows Vista Home Premium One day some automatic updates were installed dont ask me whose cuz i really dunno device audio No installed output is Then i restarted my laptop to make that updates installed They have normally installed and my laptop restarted again as always Then before Windows started some window Startup Repair started It repaired something i hope so Then my laptop was able to start at normal BUT WITH NO SOUND On system try it writes ''No Audio Output Device is installed'' I went to a lot of forums but didnt find any solution for this I have Realtek High Definition Audio installed When i go to device manager it No audio output device is installed writes Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware The driver may be corrupted or missing Code When i go to check for solutions and details it No audio output device is installed writes Description Windows was able to successfully install device driver software but the driver software encountered a problem when it tried to run The problem code is Files that help describe the problem C Users Zadro AppData Local Temp DMI C tmp log xml C Windows inf hdaudbus inf Any help would be really appreciated but have on mind that i'm no some Computer Wizard Thx in forward

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-audio-output-device-is-installed-288634.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi, I'm running windows 10 on a W540 with Realtek High Definition Audio and Dolby Digital Plus. Rececenlty I noticed the Dolby Digital Plus utility was not working.  Based on guides from lenovo I uninstalled and reinstalled my audio drivers. Now Dolby Digital Plus is running but I have no audio. The audio icon says no audio output device is installed. Realtek does show up in device manager. Windows troubleshooting says audio services not responding. Restarting them does not seem to fix anything. The only other suggestion I've seen is reinstalling windows 10.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/No-audio-output-device-is-installed/td-p/3450283
Relevancy 70.95%

Here are my computer's details - HP Pavilion dv nr Entertainment Notebook PC - NVIDIA GeForce Go M nForce M - AMD Turion X - Windows Professional Installed Like everyone I had windows -bit working perfectly when I did a fresh install Originally I had Windows Vista on this laptop but I converted to as son as I got the chance In fact a few of my mic driver problems with the RC were solved with this new one Anyway I ran my antivirus Malwarebytes' Device Output No installed Audio Anti-Malware and it identified trouble spots I trusted its judgement I rebooted but I came back with no audio whatsoever I hover my mouse over the speaker icon in the tray and all it says is quot No Audio Output Device is installed quot I try to troubleshoot it I click on it and it offers to download the specific driver I downloaded it installed it and rebooted several times and I still come back with no audio at all I checked the log that my AV makes and concerning the files it found it says this quot Files Infected C Windows System drivers drmk sys Spyware Zbot - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository wdmaudio inf x neutral aed a dfde drmk sys Spyware Zbot - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully C Windows winsxs x microsoft-windows-iis-sharedlibraries bf ad e none No Audio Output Device installed bfc e ecbd iisreg dll Spyware Zbot - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully C Windows winsxs x wdmaudio inf bf ad e none No Audio Output Device installed daf b e drmk sys Spyware Zbot - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully quot I checked the Device Manager in the Control Panel and under quot Sound Video and Game Controllers quot there are two devices quot Conexant High Definition SmartAudio quot and quot Microsoft Trusted Audio Drivers quot each with a flag next to the icon In the Properties of each one of them in the Device Status in the General Tab it says quot Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware The driver may be corrupted or missing Code quot I try to update the driver for both of them and I click quot Search automatically for updated driver software quot and after a little time it says that quot The best driver for your device is already installed quot I tried going straight to NVIDIA's website and downloading and installing the drivers from the Support section as well But that's not getting me anywhere either I remember seeing something about a co-processor somewhere but I can't remember Can anyone help me I need my audio

A:No Audio Output Device installed

Device Manager
Uninstall the offending devices
Boot

Report results

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/27787-no-audio-output-device-installed.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Well after reading quite lots of threads related to quot no audio output device is installed quot and trying No is installed audio output device different things and suggestions I am stuck with this problem The above message is shown under Vista and Win So I get this message in Vista and Win I have an acer aspire and the sound only works for a couple of minutes no matter what the operating system is - I tried Win Vista XPSP and XPSP and always installed the latest driver from the manufacturer site I also downloaded and installed the latest bios version No audio output device is installed for this laptop And still no sound I dismatled the laptop times to look at the motherboard and see if anything is OK There are no bad caps or burnt or anything I realized that after hardware reset the sound comes but only for - minutes at most Then the sound is cut out and after reboot the Realtek High definition audio disapeears from device manager My question is if the hardware is faulty is it possible to work No audio output device is installed after harware reset for a few minutes I also tried installing Backtrack and still the same So it s obviously not an operating sistem issue nor a bios one and not a driver either I tried different versions of driver Anyone could help me out nbsp

A:No audio output device is installed

Is this a New Acer, or have you had it for a while.
Many Acer's are not capable of being over-driven. They will become hot and sometimes fail when over-driven at high volume
If it is still under warranty, get it replaced or repaired, and hope you have not voided the warranty by doing your own internal examinations.
If out of warranty, it is possible you may need to replace the system board.
Now might be the time to have an experienced Acer tech take a gander at the innards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-output-device-is-installed.174735/
Relevancy 70.95%

No AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE IS INSTALLED this is the message l got on sound icone since l installed windows l have downloaded it several time the latest one it shows on control panel but not on device manager l guess this is not really installed but l keep installing it and restat the laptop after ward howeve rnothing happens the sound work only on my external speaker but not on the external microphone - micro NOT WORKING AT ALL EITHER after l installed windows - l got a message on the task bar saying that PCI memory card was not installed l went INSTALLED DEVICE OUTPUT IS AUDIO No to toshiba and downloaded the utilities driver again so PCI memory is installed and nothing wrong shows on device manger this sounds ok before to instal it on device manager was a notice No AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE IS INSTALLED that some 'basics card were missing'' now there is no yellow triangle there so l gues is ok however does not show realtek installed on device manger no sign of it there- so l cannot update it or even unistal No AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE IS INSTALLED as nothing shows there this is a satellite U model- used to have windows vista lm tired of googling it and have clue how to sort No AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE IS INSTALLED it out l have downloaded several other REALTEK or any card sound installed those that are accepted but nothing works on it please can any one help me with this issue my email many thanks in advance Carlavent

A:No AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE IS INSTALLED

Hello Carla,

Welcome to Seven Forums.

First off it is not wise to put an email address in your posts. It will attract tons of spam.

Was this an upgrade install or a clean install of Seven?

Gary

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/58474-no-audio-output-device-installed.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi I Device Output No Installed Is Audio ve been having an on-off problem with my Vista -bit computer No Audio Output Device Is Installed for about a year now It happened after I changed the language system locale on my computer from English UK to English US changing it back to English UK didn t solve the issue The problem is sometimes the audio won t work and I get the No Audio Output Device Is Installed message over my speaker icon I haven t got a clue why the problem isn t constant sometimes when I switch on the computer the sound is fine and other times it isn t working There have been loads periods where the sound works fine for months so I assume the problem has fixed itself but then the audio doesn t work again one day The problem seems to have come back again now and has been happening on-off for about a month now I tried reinstalling SoundMAX when the audio was working yesterday it never allowed me to install it when the audio was off and managed to get it installed I thought this would solve the issue but today I turned on the computer and the sound was dead again accompanied by a message that said something along the lines of Your audio configuration has changed you must reinstall SoundMAX I tried doing that but it says the files don t support my computer I should also note that I ve tried most of the solutions on google like going into device manger and enabling the sound drive but the Sound Video and Game Controllers tab doesn t even exist in DM when the audio is dead It s all very mysterious as to why my sound is doing this I ve tried scanning my system for malware amp viruses as well and removed all of the viruses it did fine didn t fix the audio I m at a loss at what to do here the only thing I can think of is that the audio sound card is faulty I would add an attachment of speccy of my computer s specs but I don t currently have access to my PC on another comp at the moment However I ll attach a file later if it s needed Any help would be appreciated Edit In reply to Oddba alright will do My audio is currently working so I didn t see the point in posting a new message in this thread but as soon as the audio dies again I ll have a look in device manager nbsp

A:No Audio Output Device Is Installed

When the problem occurs, check Device Manager and see if the audio chipset is listed. If it's listed, it could simply be a driver issue. Try updating/reinstalling the audio drivers. If it's not listed, most likely it's a hardware fault (ie: faulty audio chipset). The language change is likely just a coincidence.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-output-device-is-installed.1037330/
Relevancy 70.95%

on booting up it came up with bios corrupt, asked me to plug in power supply whilst it reflashes bios, after restating i have no audio and the message i put in the heading, i have trid reinstalling drivers, no luck, tried updating bios, no luck.in device manager i get an unknown device which i am gathering is my sound card???i am at a total loss whet to do, i even had an advisor take over my pc ad he gave up

A:no audio output device installed

Ive solved my problem in the end by installing intel sst driver and hoorah i have sound again

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/no-audio-output-device-installed/td-p/5586410
Relevancy 70.95%

I need help i got a Asus motherboard P5GD2 OS: Windows Vista 32bit and there is no audio device or drivers need help on how to fix this problem. Thank you

A:Help no audio output device installed.

i went to my device manager and the audio device says this device cannot start (code 10) and i clicked check for solutions and does nothing then i clicked on update driver and says driver is up to date and still same problem help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/help-no-audio-output-device-installed-311997.html
Relevancy 70.95%

After starting my HP s7700n desktop I keep getting an error message saying that no audio output device is installed. When I download the current drivers from Realtek I keep getting the same thing.

A:No Audio Output Device is installed

For HP computers & laptops, you must install the sound driver which is available from HP's website, not from Realtek's website. HP computer's use modified, custom-made drivers which are available only from HP:
http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/support-drivers.html

If you are not in the UK, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select the appropriate country by clicking on the UK flag before proceeding.
Did you manage to solve your previous problem (XTZSE is compressed)?
I haven't been able to find any information to help you with that I'm afraid.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-output-device-is-installed.1042990/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello everyone Three days ago I lost the audio on my laptop I went to installed No is output audio device device manager and the driver RealTek No audio output device is installed HD audio driver was gone from the list I reinstalled it but an exclamation mark appeared in front of No audio output device is installed it with a code error message after installation and obviously no sound I ve tried updating the driver but the same message tells me that the version I have installed is the updated one I removed it and went to my manufacturer s site to download a compatible driver found RealTek AC audio driver but Windows won t let me install it it can t verify the software s signature or something I ve also tried system restore but no use I ve installed the original driver again using device manager add legacy software disable enable nothing Also I get an exclamation mark and a code error on other drivers in network adapters Microsoft ISATAP and Microsoft Tun Miniport I ve also tried a Microsoft Fix It tool to get the problem solved but to no avail Also I ve moved recently and left the recovery and instalation CDs behind I m at the end of my wits please someone help me I don t know that much about computers and I m lost Here s the information for my laptop Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista amp Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA EQUIUM U Not Applicable W Antivirus None nbsp

Please guys, anyone know how to solve my problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-output-device-is-installed.1011354/
Relevancy 70.95%

My HP Pavillion dv6636nr, sound problem - No audio output device is installed.

1. I tried to contact HP online chat tech 3 times, problem remained, I tried the recovery manager, installed the Conexant high definition audio driver, but response is - Driver installation failed could not find the media device for this driver.

Tried Service.msc Window audio showed automatic. Window Fix it, none of them work.

2. This notebook came with Lightscribe DVD RW drive, it was not work for a while, I went on Hp.com support site, it went through Microsft Fix It, result was Matsu**bleep**a DVD ram driver installed, it can only read the dvd but can not write the DVD, it needs to be fixed.

Pls. help.--- [text removed - privacy concerns]

Honestly, Looks like everything has been tried...Just double checking Have you formatted and install the OS back? as from what I see that is the only thing left out...If the Audio card still does not working than we have hardware issue which is a big surprise, Audio card failure is rare....Same goes for not able to write DVDs, you have to test it post format and reinstall...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/No-audio-output-device-is-installed/td-p/325019
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi I have a compaq presario V which came installed with Windows Vista I recently upgraded my OS to Windows last month Today just like that the sound was lost while I was listening to a tutorial online The sound icon on the desktop taskbar says quot No Audio Output Device is installed quot When I trouble shoot it by clicking on it I get these messages and no other solution- Check audio device There might be a problem installed Audio is Device No Output with your audio device Hardware changes might not have been detected I went into Device Manager and tried to figure out whats wrong Under quot Other devices quot I see an exclamation with quot Coprocessor quot When I click on it this is what I see- Device type Other devices Manufacturer Unknown Location PCI bus device function Device Status The No Audio Output Device is installed drivers for this device are not installed Code To find a driver for this device click Update Driver When I click Update Driver windows is not able to find a driver even online I also cannot see any icon for sound audio devices under Device Manager I'm not sure what to do about this I'm not very tech savvy Can someone help me out with this problem Thank you

As this just happened, use the System Restore function and restore the PC back to an available restore date when it worked OK.

The coprocessor is a separate issue and most likely not related to sound.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/15468-no-audio-output-device-installed.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Alright well I ve been having this problem for idk how long It started last year for the first time and I fixed it not sure how tho Now over a year later I recovered my computer back to factory settings and I got a red X on the volume thing in the lower right corner of my screen Picture I found the correct driver to install from the manufacturers website Audio driver Its called Sigmatel High Definition Audio CODECS The problem is now Code - The device cannot start It has an yellow next to it in the device manager I have tried uninstalling the driver disabling and re-enabling it Nothing has worked I have even restarted my computer Check the device manager etc Specs amp OS Model W - Emachines Other stuff Red Code - No Device installed Is Output Audio The device cannot start Black Location - Would you think this has some reason since it says Location Blue Right click volume gt Playback gt This is what it says Baby Blue Device manager proof of on the audio device OS info Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R D CPU GHz x No Audio Output Device Is installed Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G Express Chipset Family No Audio Output Device Is installed Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard i amp i amp Antivirus None nbsp

Relevancy 70.95%

Hi I'm going to try and keep this post short and not rant on 'No Audio Installed' Device is Output if I can help it Sound icon bottom right in task bar displays 'No Audio Output Device is Installed' with a red cross over it Conexant High Definition Audio Driver can be installed just not correctly or in other words it fails Device Manager Well to be honest its not really necessary to go into all that So I have 'No Audio Output Device is Installed' a friends or year old HP DV or dv em which is given a Vista Home Premium x OS re-install simple enough right I thought so anyway but it now seems and nbsp I strongly believe especially after taking in all that I readup 'No Audio Output Device is Installed' online at various sites forums and trying all the various so called solutions fixes the laptops 'sound device' is never going to work again Believe me I have tryed every known fix to hopefully sort this problem out EVERYTHING except of course replacing the actual sound unit which is situated well within the laptop I'm not on here asking looking for a solution or any potential fixes because I have tryed them all and yes even re-installing the OS and trying everything all over again nbsp many times there doesnt seem to be any fixes in this case and many many nbsp others experiencing the same problem issues I think it is absolutly discusting the amount of HP customers suffering the same similar ordeal as myself My conclusion as to why there is no longer any sound on the laptop is quite simply either the actual 'sound device' unit is faulty or theres a problem with Vista recognising the 'sound device' What is to blame There are probably many thousands of HP customers wondering the very same thing everyday Those customers also want and deserve a nbsp fix - one way or another Like I said this is a friends nbsp laptop which is now without sound I nbsp WANT A FIX - though it looks extremely unlikely we will ever get one Yes I can appreciate that the 'sound device' could actually be faulty and could need replacing But If that is the case then I must be one out of how many Overall I cant believe the amount of people suffering with this problem and in all or most cases there being no actual solution Solved View Solution

A:'No Audio Output Device is Installed'

I decided to purchase a Lindy USB audio adapter to hopefully add sound again to the dv6615em.When the Lindy adapter arrived and I tried to install the device it would not install properly or failed.Thinking that was it, nothing will work, sound is gone forever I chose once again to format & reinstall the laptop using OS Vista (Home Premium) 32bit, but this time a version without the service packs included.I could not believe it when the installation completed and the sound icon did not have the dreaded X through it!After installing wireless network adapter I went onto install SP1 first and then use Windows update.As far as I was concerned the laptops sound device had 'had it'.  It seems by installing the same OS but without any service packs was the answer to my particular problem ?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/No-Audio-Output-Device-is-Installed/td-p/193234
Relevancy 70.95%

I believe this is an issue regarding an update I had this issue before and did a system restore to back before I had installed a certain program and the issue went away Now however I do not have a restore point that will go far Device No Output Audio is Installed enough back I started up my computer today and I was hit with the quot No Audio No Audio Output Device is Installed Output Device is Installed quot message showing a red x circle by my speaker icon When I click on it it detects problems then attempts to install the driver needed Every time it attempts to do this it fails The driver is the quot High Definition Audio Device quot Upon entering device manager everything related to sound has a yellow caution triangle next to it stating that Code Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information in the registry is incomplete or damaged Code I have tried the followingUninstalling everything on the quot Sound video and game controllers quot list and attempting to reinstall Installing the realtek audio drivers from their site Removing my sound card and attempting to use onboard sound The sound card I'm using is an old sound blaster live card I don't think I even need it but for some reason I still use it perhaps that will become apparent Thanks

A:No Audio Output Device is Installed

Try control panel(large icons) and going into your sound, and manage or view sound devices. If there is nothing in your output(playback), then thats a problem. If there is, then select your speakers/headset/anything you use that generates audo that is connected to your computer that. If all else fails, try a new soundcard

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/340129-no-audio-output-device-installed.html
Relevancy 70.95%

ok so I just installed a service pack onto my laptop and all of a sudden I have no sound. It says "no audio output device installed". I am not happy about this, i have had nothing but problems using Vista which include having to load the OS discs more than once and these updates are created more and more problems and I this issue needs to be resolved asap because I use this computer for homework and some of that homework includes having to listen to sound bites. What will fix this issue? i have used Microsofts FIX IT thing and tried these how to fit it deals with no success.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a93fdb79-919d-4a56-87c2-d73383b39b1f/no-audio-output-device-is-installed?forum=itprovistahardware
Relevancy 70.95%

Hey,
My sound doesn't work and there is a little red x on the speaker in the bottom right hand corner and it says "no audio output device is installed." My system recognizes when i plug in new headphones or speakers but it won't play any audio. But, on my headphones there is a volume up/down button and my headphones make a beep when i press them. I can't trouble shoot it. It just says that the "audio device is disabled." I go into Start>Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Sound and my headset is plugged in, enabled, and working properly. And when i unplug it, it switches to my onboard "Digital Audio (s/PDIF)
Please Help =X
Thank you in advance =D

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-output-device-is-installed.1043614/
Relevancy 70.95%

I have a HP Pavilion dv9610us - Windows Vista Home Premium - A couple of days ago I got an icon in my taskbar with the msg 'No Audio Output Device is installed'. I looked in Device Manager and saw no Sound device.  Control Panel > Sound also says 'No audio devices are installed'. I decided to restore my system with factory installed software to start fresh. I still have the same problem. I have updated Windows. HP Update is also up to date. Not sure what to do next to get sound back. Kindly assist. Thank you.

bump... I'm having the exact same problem on my dv6700 series and I don't have a clue how to fix it... sadly. This has been going on for a few days now and it's driving me crazy. Anybody with an idea out there wanna help?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/No-Audio-Output-Device-is-installed/td-p/45340
Relevancy 70.95%

Dear Good People,  I am a user of HP Probook 450 G3. Recently I installed Windows 7 in my notebook but it shows that "No Audio Device is Installed" and there is no audio output from my notebook. What should I do?? Besides I cannot find the others drivers such as blutooth, WLAN, Audio and every drivers. Would you please give me a path to find those?? My Product is: L6L06AVSerial of my Notebook: 5CD5527NX0

@jasim_bd? http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=7834518&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4053 REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/No-Audio-Output-Device-is-installed/td-p/5727949
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello I have a Toshiba Satellite L -S with Windows that is a few months old now and had been working fantastic until last No Device Output Audio is installed. night Windows did an update and now I have a red X over my sound icon that states quot No Audio Output Device is installed quot Things I have tried so far to try to fix this I went to the Device Manager gt Sound video and game controllers I have quot Intel R Display Audio quot and quot Realtek High Definition Audio quot both listed with the No Audio Output Device is installed. little yellow caution icons on them I have tried to disable then enable each of them seperately and both together which had no effect I have tried to unistall both of them restart the laptop and let the drivers reinstall themselves to no effect I have tried downloading the latest drivers from both the Intel and Realtek product sites The one from Intel seemed to install correctly and asked to restart the computer There was no positive change to the audio though stil the same message The Realtek driver won't finish installing and throws the error quot Install Realtek HD Audio Driver Failure Error Code x FF quot If I go to Control Panel gt Sound under both the Playback and Recording tabs it says quot No audio devices are installed quot If I go to Recovery to try to roll back my updates with System Restore I get errors on ALL of my restore points with the following message quot System Restore did not complete successfully Your computer's system files and settings were not changed Details The specified restore point is missing or corrupt Try again using another restore point x quot I am usually pretty savvy in being able to research fixes and get around my computers but thus far I've spent hours trying to get my sound back with no success I'll be so appreciative of some help Thank you Camax

A:No Audio Output Device is installed.

Ouch, sound like the updates really messed up the system.

With the System Restore errors and both the RealTek and HDMI audio errors (and who knows what else), unfortunately it may mean a reinstall.

I had some problems and and the same System Restore problem. I had to use a Macrium hard drive backup and restore my PC from the hard drive backup.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/23824-no-audio-output-device-installed.html
Relevancy 70.95%

When I turn on my computer I have a red X on the speaker and it states NO OUTPUT AUDIO DEVICES INSTALLED.
If I shutdown and reboot my computer I get my sound back. I am using the HDMI to my TV.
This started about 3 weeks ago.I've updated my drivers and that didn't work.
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate , Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3034 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) G45/G43 Express Chipset, 1293 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 953867 MB, Free - 698557 MB; H: Total - 953805 MB, Free - 792032 MB; I: Total - 305242 MB, Free - 91550 MB;
Motherboard: Intel Corporation, DG45ID, AAE27729-308, AZID844005ZL
Antivirus: Norton AntiVirus Online, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 70.95%

Have a HP laptop with Vista 64 bit. Reinstalled to factory setting, 3 or 4 times, "no audio output device installed". No sound/game controller in device manager, have rebooted, plugged & unplugged laptop, unable to delete Conextant. Lots of info & most is thru device manager. Obviously need lots of help!!!

Relevancy 70.95%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Turion tm X Mobile Technology TL- AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA MCP M Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Quanta D None Antivirus Norton Internet Security Updated No On-Demand Scanner Enabled No audio output device installed Have reformatted installed. audio No output device using recovery discs and recovery partition Always get red quot x quot over speaker amp quot no audio device etc quot no updates installed either No sound video amp game controller in device manager Also found that my modem device was not installed conextant HDAUDIO soft data fax modem with SMARTCp-in system info components there is no No audio output device installed. sound device The modem shows the HDAUDIO deviceID Modem attached to COM could not find COM anywhere Hope that s enough info to help me Have tried downloading drivers but all I get is failure no device installed Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-output-device-installed.982045/
Relevancy 70.95%

Please, help me restore my audio to my Dell Latitude D830... the icon on the right bottom has the red X and it says "No Audio Output Device is Installed"... Thanks in advance!... Oz

A:No Audio Device Output is Installed

Hello Oz. Please tell us what operating system is on the laptop.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19995909
Relevancy 70.95%

I have just done a clean install from xp to windows 7 64 bit, everything is working fine except i have no audio, in the right hand of the task bar i am getting no audio output device is detected. If i look on device manager there is a fault on the multimedia audio controller

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)
There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.
To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.

I have been looking for a driver for the last 3 days but none seem to work, if anyone could lend me there expertise that would be great as its driving me crazy(no pun intended)

A:No audio output device is detected

Hello there. You should give us your information about your's audio card. You can do that bu following:
Download and install Everest from here. Start it and go to Multimedia -> PCI/PnP Audio. In the right side you'll see Driver Description,and bellow that something like this.

Quote:
Realtek ALC888/1200 @ Intel 82801GB ICH7 - High Definition Audio Controller [A-1] PCI

This is mine.Copy and paste your here,so we can find drivers.
StalkeR
Also I'll suggest you to update your system spec.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/153681-no-audio-output-device-detected.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello all. having a big problem with my audio not getting any sound at all. it keeps giving me the message and i have tried downloading all kind of drivers nothing works. even been on you tube. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/NO-AUDIO-OUTPUT-DEVICE-IS-INSTALLED/td-p/5787876
Relevancy 70.95%

I had a problem where for no aparent reason a message would pop up saying that my browser had stopped working and had to restart It got annoying losing everything I was working on so I installed some updates That problem seems to be solved but now there is no sound The speaker ing the corner has an quot X quot over it and Output Is Installed? Device Audio No when hovered over says quot No Audio Output Device Installed quot I have tried Going through the device manager and scaning for installed software as well as checking for an update Under the sound video and controllers tab it shows that I have realtek high definition audio installed and when double clicked says the device is No Audio Output Device Is Installed? working properly but under the sound tab in hardware and sound it states that no device is installed I have also tried restarting with no success Heasphones do not No Audio Output Device Is Installed? work either I am using a labtop on vista Here are what system info i can find OS Name Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Version Service Pack Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name NGRAVATT-PC System Manufacturer TOSHIBA No Audio Output Device Is Installed? System Model Satellite A System Type X -based PC Processor Intel R Pentium R Dual CPU T GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date Phoenix Technologies LTD SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot User Name NGRAVATT-PC Jakuza Time Zone Central Standard Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory MB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys Name Realtek High Definition Audio Manufacturer Realtek Status OK PNP Device ID HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS FF amp REV amp BD F amp amp Driver c windows system drivers rtkvhda sys MB bytes PM I suppose that if all else fails I can do a system restore but then I'll just be stuck with the browser failing again Can anybody help

A:No Audio Output Device Is Installed?

hello

try this. right click your speaker icon (next to clock) choose: sounds

then choose the playback tab. is there a green check mark next to speakers ?

if not click speakers. click set default. click apply.

if yes try uninstalling your realtek high definition audio and reboot let windows reinstall.

good luck

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-audio-output-device-is-installed-429434.html
Relevancy 70.95%

All right I know this is a pretty common problem and it's probably been asked a lot but my case seems to be a bit different than anyone else's A while back I downloaded a registry Output No Audio Installed Device file to try to get sound in safe mode Stupid I know No Audio Output Device Installed Anyway it didn't work but ever since then my sound has not worked in normal mode either Earlier today I went to device manager and looked and saw there was no Sound Video Game Controllers installed Anyway I went and got the Realtek Driver for my Gateway GT and tried to install and I don't know what happened but it didn't seem No Audio Output Device Installed to work Then I attempted to install the Legacy driver and that worked but now it's saying quot the device cannot start Code quot I'm not really sure where to go from here If you want I can supply a link to the registry file that seemingly screwed it up and maybe we can work from there

A:No Audio Output Device Installed

perform a factory recovery after backing up all your files to another drive.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-audio-output-device-installed-598403.html