Windows Support Forum

Unexplained downloading of data

Q: Unexplained downloading of data

I have T Mobile broadband which allows me to use mb per day which is enough for what I use the internet for However something is downloading between mb mb every week or so when I log on I have checked Macfee and Windows data of Unexplained downloading update and both are set not to download any updates automatically and I have checked the remaining software on my PC but can t find anything else which is downloading Unexplained downloading of data The Task Manager doesn t show me anything either Is there anything included in Windows Home edition which downloads data that I m unware of It would be great to indentify what is downloading this data since my daily limit is only mb and afterwards I am getting locked out as I have downloaded too much Is there an option in Windows Home edition which allows me to see what is being downloaded and from where or any software which will do this Your help is much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Unexplained downloading of data

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Unexplained downloading of data

Your T-mobile provider may be able to identify this phantom down loader for you. There are many Windows 7 updates initially, including Service Pack 1. This would be an issue for the firewall and not the antivirus program

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unexplained-downloading-of-data.164370/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi folks,

I am running Windows XP Home on a home PC with a Wireless Broadband (Radio waves to an aerial on the roof) Connection. I also run 'Batch Bandwidth Monitor' to keep track of Data Transfer Volume and Speed. Recently I have noticed sudden, unexplained jumps of 3 to 4 GB of data (upload and download simultaneously) being transfered over relatively short periods of time. Can anyone suggest how i might identify what is responsible for this phenomenon?
Cheers

Andy

Relevancy 61.06%

Hi
Win7
My data usage thru ISP has increased a large amount. From 30G per month to 100 G per month. Not sure what it is.
Have router with 2 wireless laptops and 1 internet capable tv (cable and not used much)
My ISP has proved several dates and times from last week for data usage of about 900M to 2.5G. How do I find this on Win7

I would like to know with say the dates/time supplied how to ascertain which laptop was used and what the IP address was the data obtained from.

Possible that someone has used my wireless but I do have the security on the router (I think).

Can I find this in Win7 rec ords ? or what to use to find out.
Thanks
Charles Harris

A:Unexplained Hi Usage of Data

If you have no security on your wireless connection then you will have no idea who has been connecting to your service. This is a very dangerous position to be in and I should set WAP seurity straight away. Remember if someone sits outside you premises connected to your wireless system you are liable for whatever is downloaded, well you would be in the UK and I have every reason to believe that this is also the case in New Zealand!
Do you know how to set the security system in your router. If not thepost back here with the make and model of your router and one of us will find the IP address that you need to get access!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/328886-unexplained-hi-usage-data.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi been having trouble with explorer re-starting and losing clipboard data Have checked hardware and all is ok Run mem test and hard drive tests Wondering if this could be a spyware virus issue Currently running A Squared scanner have run Hitman Pro Unexplained of starts, clipboard loss data re Explorer within the last week No indications Here is the hijack log followed by my system specs thanks for any help Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes E WINDOWS System smss exe E WINDOWS system csrss exe E WINDOWS system winlogon exe E Unexplained Explorer re starts, loss of clipboard data WINDOWS system services exe E WINDOWS system lsass exe E WINDOWS system svchost exe E WINDOWS system svchost exe E WINDOWS System svchost exe E WINDOWS system svchost exe E WINDOWS system svchost exe E WINDOWS system spoolsv exe E WINDOWS system svchost exe E WINDOWS system cisvc exe E Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE E Program Files Eset nod krn exe E WINDOWS system nvsvc exe E WINDOWS system tcpsvcs exe E WINDOWS System Unexplained Explorer re starts, loss of clipboard data snmp exe E WINDOWS system svchost exe E WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe E WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe E WINDOWS System alg exe E WINDOWS Explorer EXE E WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE E WINDOWS system RunDLL exe E WINDOWS system rundll exe E WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S I H EXE E WINDOWS system rundll exe E WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X fppdis a exe E Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe E Program Files Eset nod kui exe C program files a a guard exe E Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe E Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe E WINDOWS system cidaemon exe E PROGRA MICROS OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE E Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe E Documents and Settings Mike My Documents utilities spy utls HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - Unexplained Explorer re starts, loss of clipboard data E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - E Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - E Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - E PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - E Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Encarta Web Companion Helper Object - BE B -BC - CAF- E- E D B - E Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Encarta Web Companion ENCWCBAR DLL O - Toolbar Encarta Web Companion - D - - - B - F B C - E Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Encarta Web Companion ENCWCBAR DLL O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RunDLL exe NvMCTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE E WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run SpeedTouch USB Diagnostics quot C Program Files Thomson SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exe quot icon O - HKLM Run EPSON Stylus Photo R Series E WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S I H EXE P quot EPSON Stylus Photo R Series quot O quot USB quot M quot Stylus Photo R quot O - HKLM Run BluetoothAuthenticationAgent rundll exe bthprops cpl BluetoothAuthenticationAgent O - HKLM Run pdfFactory Pro Dispatcher v quot E WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X fppdis a exe quot source HKLM O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client E Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe O - HKLM Run nod kui quot E Program Files Eset nod kui exe quot WAITSERVICE O - HKCU Run a-squared C program files a a guard exe O - Startup SpywareGuard lnk E Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe O - Extra context menu item amp Check Spelling - res E Program Files ieSpell ieSpell dll SPELLCHECK HTM O - Extra context menu item amp ieSpell Options - res E Program F... Read more

A:Unexplained Explorer re starts, loss of clipboard data

Just adding to this a Dr Watson log from todays crash.

Microsoft (R) DrWtsn32
Copyright (C) 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp. All rights reserved.

Application exception occurred:
App: E:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE (pid=308)
When: 5/16/2006 @ 09:41:41.296
Exception number: c0000005 (access violation)

function: Explorer
010139dd 2f das
010139de fd std
010139df ffff ???
010139e1 3bc3 cmp eax,ebx
010139e3 0f8df94c0100 jnl Explorer+0x286e2 (010286e2)
010139e9 8d45e8 lea eax,[ebp-0x18]
010139ec 50 push eax
010139ed 8b4644 mov eax,[esi+0x44]
010139f0 6800800000 push 0x8000
010139f5 ff75fc push dword ptr [ebp-0x4]
FAULT ->010139f8 ff30 push dword ptr [eax] ds:0023:0000145b=????????
010139fa e8d777ffff call Explorer+0xb1d6 (0100b1d6)
010139ff 8b4e54 mov ecx,[esi+0x54]
01013a02 6a01 push 0x1
01013a04 8d45e0 lea eax,[ebp-0x20]
01013a07 50 push eax
01013a08 ff75fc push dword ptr [ebp-0x4]
01013a0b ff7644 push dword ptr [esi+0x44]
01013a0e e820e0ffff call Explorer+0x11a33 (01011a33)
01013a13 8bf8 mov edi,eax
01013a15 3bfb cmp edi,ebx

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/unexplained-explorer-re-starts-loss-of-clipboard-data-100825.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I am using a MacBook Pro Retina Mid GHz i Running Yosemite I have been spending keeps nsurlsessiond downloading on? is data. going What some time at my partners house and whenever I am there with my MacBook Pro massive downloads are nsurlsessiond keeps downloading data. What is going on? happening I have rang apple and they can't tell me what is wrong I have found tonight that GBs have downloaded and nsurlsessiond keeps downloading data. What is going on? that I nave not done any updates or downloaded any big files besides some add ons to ESO nsurlsessiond keeps downloading data. What is going on? I have an data download upload monitor which says there is always a download happening It seems to max out the amount that can be downloaded with this ADSL connection I have used activity monitor like apple suggested to see what the process is that is doing this I have noticed a process called nurlsessiond always running and using a lot of data If I go to the disk tab on activity monitor the only thing that seems to be writing data to the disk is cloudd process I have formatted my computer once already and it wasn't doing it for a while but the next time I went to my partners it started the downloads again I have tried signing out of iCloud and deleted all the iCloud data off my MBP and it is still downloading I have closed all apps that could be downloading an it is still happening I have at time to time installed third party apps on my MBP mainly steam games and the odd app that you can't get on the App Store like Skype and such I feel like some bitcoin mining thing is going on or a trojan or malware I haven't installed any bitcoin mining apps But I just can't think what would be downloading so much data I did have AVG pick up a trojan a couple of weeks ago in an email but that email was never opened and just deleted Apple claims Macs don't get viruses but this is just not the case I also don't sync any devices with this computer as it is my spare The downloads are also happening at home Has anyone had similar problems Does anyone know what this is Is there a way to format the SDD and reinstall Yosemite to make sure that no data carries over to the next installation I had noticed with the fresh installation that I didn't need to pair my logitech mouse that it was still paired please help

A:nsurlsessiond keeps downloading data. What is going on?

Malware is likely. Have you an anti-virus onboard? If not you could try this:https://www.avast.com/free-mac-secu...Few viruses or malware are carried forward after format and re-install.Keep watching for ideas from those more familiar with Mac.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/security/nsurlsessiond-keeps-downloading-data-what-is-going-on/40059.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi friends,
I have taken an ADSL broadband internet connection. It is very fast. But the problem is the charge is applied to the amount of data downloaded every month. I keep track of downloaded data on my machine by looking at the received packet count in the local area connection status.
But I have noticed whenever I get connected to the internet some data always keep on downloading even if I am not opening any page on internet explorer. The data downloaded is greater than 10 MB per hour! Obviously it costs me a lot.
On the other hand when in my office PC the data downloaded is just some KB for an hour.

Can any one help to reduce this data downloading ???

Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-reduce-the-data-downloading.560101/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi - new here.
I am having a problem with my son's computer. We just installed a air stick and as you know it has a data limit. The problem is that as soon as he connects the download and send mbs start. i.e. download at approx. 2 mb per minutes. I have ran Spybot S&D and MalwareBytes on his computer and they found some spyware etc but it still keeps downlaoding and using up his data. I tried my air stick on his computer and the same thing happens. I tried his air stick on my laptop and no problems there - it works as it should. So it is his computer. Any suggestions on how to stop this?

Relevancy 49.45%

I have a WinXP box that seems to be continuously downloading data Now we pay per meg for our bandwidth this side so this is becoming a huge issue to me I have a bandwidth monitor on that system that will show huge amounts of downloads and some uploads when I am not even at the PC I am talking a few Gig in a weekend this PC is at my office and not used weekends I have disabled all automatic Continuously downloading data updates with now result I have Continuously downloading data the following programs installed for security AVG Free Zone Alarm SuperAnti Spyware Additionally I Continuously downloading data have done various scans with different house call antivirus and nothing I mostly use this system for mail and browsing the internet so the following programs are normally running FireFox MS Outlook I don t have any P P applications installed and no SkyPe either I have now reach the stage that I am considering formatting and doing a clean install but as a last resort I thought I would ask here for help Right now I am only turning on the router and connecting to the internet when I need to do work on the above applications

A:Continuously downloading data

Good evening.

Given what you have said I would back up any important data and then reformat and reinstall. Even the merest hint of any sort of remote access to a system makes this the first choice option and given that this is a work PC you really want to be able to trust it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/453693/continuously-downloading-data/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello all,

I'm running a site with e-learning content. Users are on various servers around the country and some experience the following: when initially accessing the e-learning content the asp page produces "file download security warning" dialog.

The machines that are doing this are configured in many different ways and even exactly the same configurated machines on the same server can react differently, some use the asp page properly some try to download it.

Was wondering if it might be IIS problem. I have one machine that does not have it installed and one that has IIS5 running, the IIS5 machine exhibits the problem.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

A:asp page downloading rather than posting data

IIS should run native ASP pages without any problem. If they are .Net pages you need to have the .net framework installed on the server. Check that asp is also associated with the asp.dll under App Mappings

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asp-page-downloading-rather-than-posting-data.446978/
Relevancy 48.59%

Noticed here a moment ago, that svchost/ShellHWDetection was downloading data from a weird weird host name: Abelconfig2 port 7000.
More then a little confusing, anyone know anything about this?

And for that matter where can I find the vista 64 equivilant of windows xp 'hosts' file?

System.
Vista 64 bit.
Q6600 Processor.
Nforce 6 SLI

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/svchost-shellhwdetection-downloading-data-264315.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello I m looking for help with a strange problem that started occuring recently on my computer When I m connected to the Internet - Data stops downloading malware suspecting during downloads my data transfer Data downloading stops - suspecting malware suddenly stops for a few seconds all transfers are cancelled It isn t visible when I m browsing through the websites but when I m downloading files from the Internet or movies on YouTube it gets worse after a minute of downloading the transfer stops and never resumes I have to do it manually but then after minute everything repeats First I thought that my ISP was Data downloading stops - suspecting malware to blame But a week later I moved to a different location and used a connection provided by a completely different company - nothing has changed So now I suspect that something is wrong with my computer software Maybe some kind of malware I scanned and cleaned my PC with Avast AVG Anti-spyware SS amp D ANG Anti-Rootkit and Ad-Aware Also I launched ComboFix Nothing helped I m attaching two log files ComboFix and HijackThis Thanks in advance for all the help and advice nbsp

A:Data downloading stops - suspecting malware

Help, somebody? Anyone?

Maybe somebody could only check my HijackThis log, because it looks like there are a lot of bad things there.

Please?

Here it is:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 14:30:33, on 2007-10-06
Platform: Windows XP Dodatek SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Loop\Pulpit\DeVir\Ad-Aware SE 2007\aawservice.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ATKKBService.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Loop\Pulpit\DeVir\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Diskeeper\DkService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ATK0100\HControl.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\runservice.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ATK0100\ATKOSD.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Opera\Opera.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Loop\Pulpit\DeVir\hijack.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName = Łącza
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: flashget urlcatch - {2F364306-AA45-47B5-9F9D-39A8B94E7EF7} - C:\Program Files\FlashGet\jccatch.dll
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\DOCUME~1\Loop\Pulpit\DeVir\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: FlashGet GetFlash Class - {F156768E-81EF-470C-9057-481BA8380DBA} - C:\Program Files\FlashGet\getflash.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HControl] C:\WINDOWS\ATK0100\HControl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [STYLEXP] C:\Program Files\TGTSoft\StyleXP\StyleXP.exe -Hide
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'USŁUGA LOKALNA')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'USŁUGA SIECIOWA')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'Default user')
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Ściągnij przy pomocy FlashGet'a - C:\Program Files\FlashGet\jc_link.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Ściągnij wszystko przy pomocy FlashGet'a - C:\Program Files\FlashGet\jc_all.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: FlashGet - {D6E814A0-E0C5-11d4-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - C:\Program Files\FlashGet\FlashGet.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: FlashGet - {D6E814A0-E0... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-downloading-stops-suspecting-malware.633421/
Relevancy 48.16%

For the past few days, I've been having a problem with my internet connection.
When trying to access a website, my browser stops opening the site after a few seconds. Instead of going to a page reading "the connection has timed out," the page continues to load at a rate of .01 kb/s.
I've read that such problems can result from anti-virus programs, so after running scans with both McAfee and Malwarebytes, I disabled them both.
For about a minute, everything returned to normal, but then the problems started again.
I've also entered "netsh interface tcp set global autotuning=disabled" into command prompt, which had no effect.
There is one other Windows 7 computer on my network that it experiencing no problems. There is also a Mac and an XP on the network.

A:All web browsers stop downloading data every few seconds

Hey Blobman000, and welcome to sevenforums!

Let me see if I can help you with this problem of yours.

Have you done any editing of the windows registry? There are commands, such as the one that you posted, that windows has preset and that I recommend not changing. If you are able to, try and change back to normal any of those settings that attempt to make the internet "faster"
I will link you to another thread. Try and follow all of those directions and see if that is able to help you solve some of your problems: Internet speed suddenly slow?

If none of this seems to be working, then we will go from there. Hope we can get this figured out as soon as possible. Good luck

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/198186-all-web-browsers-stop-downloading-data-every-few-seconds.html
Relevancy 48.16%

The problem started a few months ago and has changed screen downloading data flashing lots and of slightly over time To begin with I would be screen flashing and lots of data downloading online browsing whatever and then I would be rerouted to a page like http santadom com se php pop amp aid aGlkZGVu amp sid amp key virus but before the page could display it would reroute to bing com The screen would then flash and huge amounts of data be uploaded and downloaded The whole system would be so slow that you could hardly do anything at all When I opened Task Manager I could see it was explorer exe and iexplorer exe using the CPU so much The onlyl way to regain control was to disconnect from the internet I tried all kinds of antivirus software but could not fix the problem I then did a complete backup and reinstalled the whole computer using the quot restore to factory condition quot function This worked and the problem was gone for a few months The problem started again It would start downloading and uploading data and the screen flash but this time it wouldn t reroute screen flashing and lots of data downloading to any other web page I have tried everything but cannot fix the problem Task Manager still shows that it is explorer exe and iexplorer exe are the processes using the CPU Recently though the screen will screen flashing and lots of data downloading start flashing and the CPU get very busy even if I am not connected to the net then I will have to end the explorer exe process for all this to end Another problem that happened the first time is on the mousepad The little line on the right hand side that you use to scroll up and down the page stopped working When I reinstalled the laptop it worked again but now it has stopped working Here are all the reports you asked for COMPUTER SPECS Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard A KBC Version Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Updated and Enabled HIJACKTHIS LOG FILE Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C windows system Dwm exe C windows Explorer EXE C windows system taskhost exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCtrl exe C windows system taskeng exe C Program Files IObit Advanced SystemCare AWC exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons VolCtrl exe C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files DAP DAP exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BtStackServer exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqToaster exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar wltuser exe C Program Files PC Connectivity Solution Transports NclMSBTSrv exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Users Leon Desktop HijackThis exe C windows system SearchFilterHost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g uk msn com HPALL R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co za R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default P... Read more

A:screen flashing and lots of data downloading

hi guys, just sending this post based on your advice to get it on top of the list again.

Thank you very much for helping me!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-flashing-and-lots-of-data-downloading.963650/
Relevancy 47.73%

The situation is as follows I've got a computer that doesn't show particularly high CPU usage but multiple instances of explorer exe spawn and take up lots of memory up to BG of ram each Based on looking at the network traffic for this computer on my router it virus Possible downloading in large of data background amounts looks like it's connecting to web sites and downloading video files mp and flv files I'm assuming these files are being stored in ram by explorer exe somehow and this is whats using up all the ram Internet explorer doesn't seem to work most of the time it simply doesn't load web pages Possible virus downloading large amounts of data in background so it's probably part of the infection or infected by the same virus Also while multiple instances of Possible virus downloading large amounts of data in background explorer exe are running GPU utilization goes up to as reported by process explorer I'm not really sure why that is happening Unfortunately I've already tried running Malwarebytes combofix Eset's online scanner Kaspersky's online scanner andTrend Micro's online scanner earlier today Possible virus downloading large amounts of data in background Combofix deleted a couple of files but that's it nothing else is finding anything the problem seems to still be there tho It looks like dllhost exe and svchost exe are probably involved because even in safe mode while the computer isn't doing anything at all these services will spawn and sometimes despawn and will respawn each-other if killed

A:Possible virus downloading large amounts of data in background

Well eventually after looking at the IPs that it was connecting to using Wireshark. One of the IPs was 31.128.104.126. Searching that resulted in a page suggesting it was associated with the TR/Gamarue.A.99 virus. Searching that indicated that Avira actually would have some success finding and removing it.

Despite the fact that no other antivirus scans found any of these things avira found the following.

TR/Gamarue.A.99
e2h[1].htm - html/iframe.arx2
cpc[1].htm - js/iframe.el.2
vsvusgvu.exe - tr/kuluoz.a.87
costcoform_overland_park.exe - tr/kuluoz.a.87 trojan

As well as a bootrecord virus boo/cidox.b.
Avira was able to remove all the other viruses and I was able to find instructions on this site to use Kaspersky's TDSSKiller to remove the boot record virus and was successful there. After that everthing was mostly better except IE was having problems loading some pages. A quick restore/repair of IE's default settings seems to have fixed that. I'll be keeping my eye on the computer for a while to make sure there's no weird memory or GPU utilization, and I'll never know what sort of stuff that virus was up to in the background using up to 4gb of RAM with explorer.exe but at least it seems to be gone.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/520041/possible-virus-downloading-large-amounts-of-data-in-background/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello I have a quot little quot problem When i start downloading large data files with multiple connections it does not matter which download manager i use - flash get jdownloader IDM it starts blocking large files while downloading Memory data to consume a lot of MB until it consumes all of it but when i close the download manager only Memory blocking while downloading large data files about MB becomes free before downloading started i had used only MB Memory blocking while downloading large data files and after closing download manager it is used MB MB and there is no program in task manager which Memory blocking while downloading large data files would consume such a lot of memory and i can free the ram only by restarting computer This happens to me on celan RC version and even on clean RTM version I have quite a fast conenction Mbps so the RAM runs out quite fast in minutes i have no free ram This happens only in Win in Vista XP it downloads without any memory leak using the same download managers Does anyone have the same problem or know how to solve it THX EDIT I have bit systems see My System Specs under this post to view HW ane please vote only if you are downloading in Win EDIT Problem solved - since i uninstalled nod i have had no memory issues

A:Memory blocking while downloading large data files

Quote: Originally Posted by martinpelant

Hello I have a "little" problem.
When i start downloading large data files with multiple connections (it does not matter which download manager i use - flash get, jdownloader, IDM) it starts to consume a lot of MB until it consumes all of it, but when i close the download manager only about 200 MB becomes free (before downloading started i had used only 900/2048 MB and after closing download manager, it is used ~1800 MB / 2048 MB and there is no program in task manager which would consume such a lot of memory and i can free the ram only by restarting computer. This happens to me on celan RC version and even on clean RTM version.
I have quite a fast conenction 50/50 Mbps so the RAM runs out quite fast (in 15 minutes i have no free ram).
This happens only in Win7 (in Vista, XP it downloads without any memory leak using the same download managers)

Does anyone have the same problem or know how to solve it?
THX

Well lets start with is ot 32bit? when this happens what does the process tab in task manager say is using the memory? to open task mgr rightclick taskbar.

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/21353-memory-blocking-while-downloading-large-data-files.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,

My PC is showing high data usage whenever I connected to Internet. It shows that the data flow is 10MB for upload and 12MB download in just 10 minutes even though I didnt run any program. This seems like abnormal to me. Sometime the download will slowed down as well. I've tried to scan by super antispyware, kaspersky and window defender but yet can get nothing from it. So I'm pretty clueless now. If can, please help me to solve this problem. Here is my log file. Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-constantly-uploading-and-downloading-high-amount-of-data.1041428/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi Recently this week our three affected computers experienced the / when internet data Win connected constantly ekrn? downloading XP svchost to freeze and hang whenever we start using any web browser or navigate to other program windows especially when the ethernet cable is plugged in to connect to internet The strange Win XP downloading data constantly when connected to internet svchost / ekrn? issue is when I disconnect the ethernet cable the PC works smooth and normal Obviously I thought this has some connection with the recent task Win XP downloading data constantly when connected to internet svchost / ekrn? on last Friday - last week I burned CDs of data in main multimedia PC not those three affected computers then test out the CD auto-run data I burnt the local website files autorun Win XP downloading data constantly when connected to internet svchost / ekrn? inf and start bat into CD in those three PC that I mentioned above When I scanned main multimedia PC with Eset anti virus and quarantine some files affected with trojan virus win autorun M worm including the autorun inf and magic iso maker the software I used last week to create ISO from the CDs that I tested out Then this week starting from Tuesday I realised the strange issue in the PC when we boot the system and began to use the web browser or appliction the PC hangs for some unknown reason and found out that the PC seems downloading data through LAN VERY CONSTANTLY in incrementally large size from to packets so I thought this may be the isse causing the computers to hang even we couldn't open the Outlook as it stops in the middle of loading data aset showing status data binding or loading data sets I have tried to scan in-depth deep scan the computers with ESET Malware Antimalware Bytes AVG Search and Destroy then fixed the problems and errors found in these anti virus anti malware programs but even after doing these antivirus scan the PC still hangs mainly due to possibly the processes taking the CPU multiple svchost entries in Task Manager with one of them in top of list showing xxxx k memory usage Any ideas and recommendations on how to rectify this issue and prevent high bandwidth usage and fix the computers to run normal not hang or freeze anymore Your help and assistance is greatly appreciated Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/492573/win-xp-downloading-data-constantly-when-connected-to-internet-svchost-ekrn/
Relevancy 38.7%

We have Unexplained e-mails Windows XP-Home - Dell Laptop Inspiron This morning we received about e-mails received in MailWasher with titles like PLEASE REMOVE US FROM YOUR E-MAIL LIST and they were from people we ve never heard of We Unexplained e-mails ve never sent e-mail to these people and don t know who they are We did not open any of these - but simply quot bounced quot them back One of the people must have a quot block bounce quot cause a box came up in Mail Washer that said that particular e-mail could not be bounced We are being inundated with all these e-mails and don t know why we are getting them from total strangers I heard that we might have the Klez Virus from our ISP so I ran a removal tool for that particular virus but it came back clean Can anyone explain this to me and how to get rid of all these e-mails I need help with any suggestions you can give me Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 38.7%

I am experiencing random shut offs with my computer It will just up and turn off abruptly and then reboot This machine is less than months old and has been working just fine up until this morning It has done this times so far seemingly randomly The only change Crashes Unexplained of note to it in that time is an installation of the Sims expansion Seasons previous expansions and the main game have not caused any problems nor am I convinced Seasons has anything to do with this Overheating doesn't seem to be an issue as my CPU is running at about degrees and other temps seem okay Unexplained Crashes too Event viewer shows no errors whatsoever for today except for the most recent one Seven minutes before my last crash there was a DCOM error Event ID Quote Unable to start a DCOM Server FB AB- BF- D - D - F C Unexplained Crashes The error quot The system cannot find the file specified quot Happened while starting this command C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe -Embedding I'm not sure why it was even looking for Messenger as I have it disabled but again this error only showed up on the most recent of crashes I don't know what else to check at this point System Specs Intel DG FB MoBo gigs of ghz Mushkin RAM Intel Core Duo Windows XP Pro with SP amp NVIDIA GeForce GT FSP SAGA AX -PN W ATX V Power Supply Thanks for any help

A:Unexplained Crashes

hello & welcome to TSF

try this for starters

for all types of things can happen when your core system files are missing /corrupt

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unexplained-crashes-206649.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Starting today my pc had those random reboots while in windows 7. It started when I was away. When I got home I logged in and 5 minutes later it would reboot. I am now in Vista and do not have the same problem.

A:Unexplained Reboot.

Ok I went through windows repair and it said I had a startup problem. Repaired it and Ill test it for a while.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/2347-unexplained-reboot.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Unexplained BSoDs mini-dumps attached Greetings All For over Unexplained BSoDs two months my machine a Toshiba Qosmio G has been blue screening on an escalating basis Initially the machine in question would present me with a BSoD about once or twice a week but now it s not uncommon for Unexplained BSoDs it to present once or twice a day I have made a cursory analysis of the Unexplained BSoDs various mini-dumps kernel-dumps and memory-dumps generated during these blue screens but cannot read much into them being a layman in such things and certainly cannot identify a culprit I personally think that it is RAM related since product recovery didn t seem to fix the issue and the system now refreshed is lagging in performance However I would appreciate a second opinion from someone more tech savy than I To that end I have attached the mini-dumps generated during the earliest incidences all later incidences generated kernel or memory dumps Laters Lee P S It may be worth me noting that electing NOT to load SPTD sys when booting windows in safe mode causes an immediate BSoD This is reproducible unfortunately the blue screen doesn t persist long enough for me to take any notes nbsp

A:Unexplained BSoDs

Hey Lee,
thanks for all the dumps. You have these calls:

NV4_DISP.DLL
SANDBOX.SYS
CMBATT.SYS
WIN32K.SYS
INTELPPM.SYS
TOSRFBD.SYS
CSRSS.EXE

Check or replace the memory

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unexplained-bsods.76119/
Relevancy 38.7%

Ok so About two days ago we had a heatwave which reached Degrees celcius for you foreigners Thats ridiculously hot Unfortunaely i was not home at the time to move my PC into a cooler environment When i got home and turned my PC on it ran perfectly normally for about Powerdown Unexplained ten minutes when it suddenly cut Unexplained Powerdown out It did not shut down it just cut out I turned it back on and the same thing happened after about minutes i am now to the point where IF it turns on it lasts a few seconds The longer i leave it off for the longer it runs for before dying I opened it up assuming it was a problem with the power supply and found it absolutely packed with dust the fan was able to spin freely however the heat sink was stuffed with dust I cleaned what i could however i could not manage to get the fan off as it is retarded Some weird release system and as i am still new to this i dont want to mess with it I have researched the problem and found a few different theories Some motherboard shutdown system preventing it from overheating A virus in the RAM I belive highly unlikely and question its possibility Faulty Power supply My belief is its overheating and shutting itself off to avoid causing itself damage Any help is appreicated unfortunately i don t know the specs and cant check them due to it not being able to run however i know OS Vista bit Age Around Months Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 38.7%

I have windows lately i seem to get this error window alot and whatever window or program im in closes or freezes quot Explorer exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows You will need to restart the program An error log is being created quot I have scanned for viruses many times with Norton Antivirus and all is good i have run spybot and adaware i have used a utility called regestry mechanic and cleaned up some of my regestry I have done trend micros online scan i have deleted my temp files and cookies my sytem looks clean on every angle but still lately this error and weird programs closing down have been happening way too often I have even run memory or something like that to check my RAM and no issues were recorded Does someone have any unexplained crashes ideas My computer is P mgz megs of RAM with gig hardrive that has gigs free Can someone please help me and tell me what tests i can do to find out where the problem lies Im now officially frustrated I have no idea where the error log is located either to find and read it Maybe that would be a place to start WHere is this stored Yanman nbsp

A:crashes unexplained

when it says an error log is being created does it give the option to send the info to Microsoft? If it does then typically if the internet is working the message will be sent with IE opening up and giving a crash analysis

or if memory serves me right on the error message is there not something in blue that you can click on to get the report??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/crashes-unexplained.439421/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello Folks I appologize if this has been responded to recently I got frustrated searching for answers and its am so please forgive me if its been done Standard Celron Dual Core system Ghz system mb Ram Unexplained Slowdowns ATI Raedon video mb onboard ram This is the second time around for this problem last time resulted in my loosing all the contents of my hard drive as the service tech quot could not quot transfer my files claimed my drive was encrypted Windows suddenly slows down boot times averaging at minutes to cold boot about minutes to reboot from windows yes I timed the boot times Last time ended with a blue screen stating that a sys file was corrupted This time I have not seen it yet Programs take a long time to start and others refuse to start shutdown Windows was re-installed a month ago days or so with only the basics installed and a few gamed all legit games and my school software biology text and chemistry virtual lab Scandisk repaired a large number of indexing issues otherwise nothing shows on scandisc virus scan spyware etc If anyone has any ideas please let me know as I do not want to pay another small fortune to have the computer reset again arse never provided my windows disc easy way to insure that I have to go back to him for reinstals etc Thanks y all A very frustrated student nbsp

Relevancy 38.7%

Hi,

I have two PCs, the desktop cable-connected the laptop is wirelessly-connected, and a third device wireless Blu-Ray player connected to an AP (N600 Wireless Dual band router WNDR3400v2).
The problem is whenever one PC is either hibernating or sleeping, starting other one wakes up the hibernating/sleeping one.
What's your recommendation for solution?

Thank you
barsim

A:Unexplained Wakeup

Hello Barsim,

Check using OPTION ONE in the tutorial below to make sure that your "Network adapter" has the "allow this device to wake the computer" options unchecked in it's "Power Managmenet" tab.Devices - Allow or Prevent to Wake Up Computer

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/291511-unexplained-wakeup.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I have recently began experiencing unexplained pop up windows while on the Internet with IE on my home computer I m using Windows IE I use IE s built in pop up windows IE up in pop Unexplained blocker I am an experienced network administrator familiar with the removal of malware such as the various versions of the current Antivirus amp Malware Fake Alerts etc I run Webroot Spy Sweeper amp Antivirus in real time mode I also have run Malwarebytes free version after using Rkill com to search for the cause of this problem I have scanned using both of these programs in Safe Mode as well as normal login I have also used Microsoft malicious software removal tool on the highly unlikely case it may find something the other two did not It did in fact claim to find a virus not detected by Unexplained pop up windows in IE the other two I thought at that time I had found the problem but such Unexplained pop up windows in IE was not the case I have always been able to iradicate anything I can identify But I can not identify what is causing this I ve checked for Browser add-ons I ve looked for programs that may have installed without my knowlege I searched for something running under Processes in the Task Manager that I can not identify Nothing Anyone got steps for me to take to nail this down nbsp

Relevancy 38.7%

When I booted my PC up today, it started making very weird and loud noise. From scratching, to humming. It's really freaking me out, and I don't know what to do.
I am doing a virus scan right now, and will download and update HiJack This as soon as I can.
If any of you had this problem in the past, or know what it is, please help me out.

A:Unexplained Noise.

Sounds kinda like a dust bunny is trapped in a fan. Try a burst of compressed air. Or it could be one of your cables is slightly rubbing against a fan (especially the side case fan. This happens to me).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unexplained-noise.224122/
Relevancy 38.7%

Currently I am using Internet Explorer version 6.0.29 and when I go to Google conduct a search and when the results display when I click on a link it takes me to a totally different site like eBay or another location. When I hit the back button and click the link again it takes me where I am suppose to go.

I have ran AdAware and can't find anything on the net pertaining to this. Has anyone else seen this issue and so how can I correct this.

A:Unexplained Re-directs

follow the 5 steps and let security have a look
http://www.techsupportforum.com/showthread.php?t=15968

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/unexplained-re-directs-157675.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Ok I have no idea whats going on with my computer At the moment I have nothing running except fierfox yet am avraging to CPU usage Yet in my processes it says that the system is idle but if you look at performance it says almost my cpu is being used I'm running a AMD X gigs of RAM unexplained cpu usage HELP PLEASE xp pro GTX vid card When I boot up windows my cpu usage stays at an average of to with out doing unexplained cpu usage HELP PLEASE anything Not opening any programs or anything I have got my start up in msconfig down to just the basiscs All the prosses that are running say that they are not useing any CPU useage I have gone into the permistions under Admin tools and made that the basiscs Have made my graphics to a to bare bones All my OS Soft wear and anti-virus is upto date I have runn sevral virus scans and it comes up clean I've cleaned out a lot of crap with CCleaner And for the life of me with the system I have with running nothing at all after windows starts up my CPU shouldn't have of it used up I can't figure out what is going on Or what is accualy taking my CPU useage I mean if I do nothing else but play an episode of Family Guy on my computer the CPU jusps to and it won't play it right Can some one plase give me some suggestions on what to do or what may be causing it I'm including a report that I just did useing HackTHis Any help would be usefull Or if you need more info than please message me thanx Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi DVDAudio CTDVDDET EXE C Program Files Creative Shared Files Module Loader DLLML exe C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Volume Panel VolPanel exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software LCD Manager LCDMon exe C Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software G-series Software LGDCore exe C Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software LCD Manager Applets LCDClock exe C Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software LCD Manager Applets LCDMedia exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM CTXFISPI EXE C PROGRA Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run CTDVDDET quot C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi DVDAudio CTDVDDET EXE quot O - HKLM Run AudioDrvEmulator quot C Program Files Creative Shared Files Module Loader DLLML exe quot - AudioDrvEmulator quot C Program Files Creative Shared Files Module Loader Audio Emulator AudDrvEm dll quot O - HKLM Run VolPanel quot C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Volume Panel VolPanel exe quot r O - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg ... Read more

A:unexplained cpu usage HELP PLEASE

plz don't post HIJACKTHIS log here.paste it here:
http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...this-log-help/

Its definitely a worm attack.u cannot figure it from msconfig.for more assistance paste ur log ther

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unexplained-cpu-usage-help-please-222428.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Atom TM CPU N GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB traffic Unexplained Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO LTD NC Not Applicable EN Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled ------------------------------------ My first question is this I did a HJT scan in preparation to posting to this site I tried to run DDS and GMER but I get a virus alert from AVG when I try to run either I don t remember the exact warning but it was something was trying to install something on my system CAN THIS WARNING BE IGNORED If so I ll continue on and post the results This is the problem I am having an strange problem with my Sprint mobile broadband First my husband got an Unexplained traffic email from Sprint Unexplained traffic telling him he had exceeded the GB cap He normally does not use that much - usually it s about to GB per month He has a U USB wireless modem At first I ignored it because things happen Then I noticed that my computer was doing the same thing This is the first time this has ever happened to me Normally I use about to GB per month Last Friday Saturday and this Wednesday I used almost to MB per day Most of this happened at night when I wasn t on my computer Today it happened all day long after I went to work I usually put my computer in standby mode by closing the lid The lights go out on the Sierra U wireless modem when I shut the lid so I assumed it turns off I always have to start it up again when I use my computer the next time I had put an alarm on yesterday to go off at a certain daily usage level and it did I have had the monitor on my computer since May th Since my husband was having this problem I had downloaded a couple of network monitoring program to see what information they could collect I liked Bandwidth Monitor Pro but it doesn t identify where this stuff is coming from or going to That would be very helpful At this point I just don t want to stop it I want to know what s going on I have checked any auto downloads on Windows Office Adobe etc and don t have any upgrades that are allowed without my input I run the latest version of AVG free and ThreatFire I also use ZA free with internet security and program control sliders set to medium I installed a new XP OS within the last months and installed all programs from their disks A virus doesn t seem to come up when I scan and I take reasonable precautions on the internet I have been a heavy computer user for a long time and I ve only had a few infections I just don t get where this stuff is coming from or what my modem could possibly be doing If it were only my husband s computer or only mine but it s both We both have Sprint modems different models We live in the country and don t have access to DSL or cable The WIFI on both modems is turned off - not that it s an issue around here here I have attached the daily summary of usage from Bandwidth Pro I hope someone can give me some avenues to pursue because I m stumped Since this last sentence I installed Online Armor I think it s pretty informative but I don t see anything amiss That could be because I am ignorant of what the info means This problem is a game changer for me because it means I will never be able to spend anytime on my computer without constantly watching the meter The extra GB my husband was over last month cost him Added to the already expensive monthly rate of makes it really excessive What really ticks me off is I got a recommendation from DSL Reports to ask Sprint to change the NAI and the password but the Sprint tech st tier outsource I believe said that wouldn t help I have accounts with them for a total of per month - you would think they might want to help me with this I don t want the problem to become my second... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unexplained-traffic.999819/
Relevancy 38.7%

HP 15 laptop
4gb mem
500gb HHD
windows 10
My mothers laptop froze for seemingly no reason today. She says she cut it on, got on a site she always goes on, left then came back and everything was frozen. I checked and nothing was operable. Even the HDD light on the side was blank. The laptops only a few months old as well and it was bought brand new and not refurbished. It's never displayed any defects or abnormalities. 
After restarting it by holding down the power button I ran a malware scan and right now I'm running a virus scan. I've asked her and my father if they have installed anything recently or gone onto any new websites. They said no, besides a new bejeweled game installed via CD-ROM 3 days ago there's nothing new on it. If anyone has an idea as to what could have happened or what I should do, I'd very much appreciate it. 

A:Unexplained PC Freeze

For lots of reasons devices could get frozen, so I don't really know what to tell you. I recommend running System Restore and going back a few days, when everything was perfect. Even before Bejeweled.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/614663/unexplained-pc-freeze/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello yall its my first post here so please let me know if I do something wrong yes So i am by no means a amateur at working with computers Frameloss Unexplained recently my girlfriend came across a problem that has had me stumped for months So I finally decided to transition from lurker to contributor Unexplained Frameloss YAY ME Here is the Specs Gateway custom build I did not build it Unexplained Frameloss or order it Windows Home AMD phenom x GHz RAM GB bit Graphics AMD Radion HD And Unexplained Frameloss AMD Radion HD Primary obviously I have pretty much the same set up lesser graphics card ghz and I have not had any trouble PROBLEM When she plays graphically intense games Dragon Age Mass effect that kinda thing at first it works fine both online and off but slowly after about a hour the game slowly transitions into a slide show we begin to see massive frame loss it first appeared on Lord of the Rings She had only played WoW before that we thought it was lag but when it started appearing in single player off line games that kinda ruined that theroy I thought it might be a few things but started simple we did a disk clean up problem continues we did a reformat problem continues we did graphics upgrade drives and hardware problem continues we replaced the hard drive problem continues What is next I currently believe after all these attempts the problem lies with the RAM but I don t know how to test RAM to see if its faulty and don t relish the idea of buying GB of new ram The other problem could be mobo in which case I m at sea without a paddle The only solution I know from there is to toss the mobo and buy a new system while salvaging parts hard drive graphics card RAM you get the idea Question What do yall think it is Have I missed something What other information do you need and how do I present it Is this something simple A setting I have wrong somewhere nbsp

A:Unexplained Frameloss

Free download - Memtest86 - http://www.memtest86.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unexplained-frameloss.1014778/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi everyone Here are my system specs Win XP Pro SP P GHz MB Unexplained Lockups... SDRAM PC GB IDE Primary HDD GB IDE Secondary HDD The problem My PC has been running very smoothly ever since I purchased it about a year and a half ago I have Norton Security and Firewall running and up to date I regularly keep my PC in optimal condition I m a help desk tech so Unexplained Lockups... I have the basic knowlegde to Unexplained Lockups... keep in running well I m just stumped because as of a few days ago my computer has begun to act very weird If I use it under normal conditions i e check email surf the net use MS Office apps etc it ll run fine However whenever I burn DVD s run virus scans or perform any tasks that use a lot of resources my computer will lock up completely forcing me to push the reset button I have two partitions in my primary drive WinXP and Win SE and the same happens in both Even in safe mode I am completely stumped I haven t installed any new programs since this occurred and I don t think wiping out my PC will help since it occurs in both O S partitions Could it be a memory issue Any thoughts Let me know if you need more info Thanks Liquidz nbsp

Relevancy 38.7%

Hello everyone,
I appreciate there may be answers to this in the forum but I have to be quick before the PCreboots itself again.
I have eliminated overheating and bad power connections but need help with where to start looking. The PC silently reboots after different times - how can I start to trace a reason please.
TIA

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unexplained-rebooting.562128/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello I have a windows machine with a C drive and a physically separate hard drive G that houses all of my data while the C drive just has the OS etc I regularly back up so I can always go back an iteration but I noticed that days ago in Folder Unexplained my G drive a new folder named quot c c f f ae f ef ea quot appeared with a user called Unknown Account S- - - - etc etc a long number I can Unexplained Folder t delete it permission denied and I can t change permissions even as administrator Can anyone tell me what this is or why it happened Is this a security issue My workstation is used by my wife and son as well so I can t be sure of all the activity I ll probably just load an old version I ve just never seen anything strange like this on my data drive before Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 38.7%

Hello Recently my mother sent an email to her friend containg two attachments both jpg files Later when she checked tge sent mail she noticed that a THIRD attachment was added on that she didn't Unexplained attachment attach herself we don't know hpw it got there and this one was a bunch of letters and numbers with the occasional dash in it It did say it was a png but we are unsure to open this attachment because it could possibly be called a png exe to fool us right We hardly ever use png as an extension which makes it ever more confusing Is this just a glitch or a virus that is attempting to send contacts malicous files Thank you for Unexplained attachment your time We are sure this is not a file on Unexplained attachment our computer we haven't searched yet but we never call images that and never download any images to our computer and save them Any help is welcome just make sure its helpful Thank you David

A:Unexplained attachment

Sorry for the double post, just want to say sorry for my spelling, its late here and I'm using a small iPod keyboard. Thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/520858/unexplained-attachment/
Relevancy 38.7%

Just experienced 3 of these in a short space of time. First two times while running a BBC Iplayer download (UK), the PC became completely unresponsive, no mouse control or CTL ALT DEL. Had to power off to force shutdown. At first I thought it was the I PLAYER software but then it happened again using Chrome just to do a search. Again no response until I forced shut down. Turned back on and immediately rebooted and the problem has so far not reocurred. I have run antivirus and antispyware scans as a precaution. Nothing came to light.
Is this something I should be concerned about? This is the first real problem I have had with the PC since upgrading to 10 in June.
The PC is a 5 year old Packard Bell Imedia desktop 64bit.
Any questions or advice welcome. Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/623620/unexplained-freeze-up/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello I m trying to fix my friend s computer and I just have no idea what has gone wrong She has a Celeron GHz system with MB RAM and GB Slowdown XP - Win - Unexplained - HELP hard drive I installed Windows XP on her computer months ago For the first months it ran great no problems at all But all of a sudden it s slow as a turtle The only thing I can think of that has happened is that we moved into a new place with a new internet connection cable received through a router and we installed a new HP all-in-one printer Now you can t do anything on it without - HELP - Unexplained Win XP Slowdown - waiting a heck of a long time Just clicking the start menu takes seconds to appear Clicking internet explorer takes like seconds And sometimes the system freezes altogether The hard drive is not full and does not need a defrag It has all the windows updates except it does NOT have any service packs and Norton says there s no viruses Any - HELP - Unexplained Win XP Slowdown - suggestions THANKS nbsp

Relevancy 38.7%

I keep getting BSOD i have attached some ss from event viewer to tell you more.

What caused this particular bsod according to the screenshots and how can i stop it from happening again ?

Thx

A:Unexplained BSOD ?

Run this program BSOD_XP_v1.3_jcgriff2_PROD.exe. when it is done go to My Documents and zip up the file TSF_XP_Suport and attach it in your next post so we can see what is going on in your system.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unexplained-bsod-578454.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I have a home office computer running win xp professional with sp3 and although my browser has not been hijacked and I don't get any error messages, my computer feels like it's running slow and I'm getting lockups overnight without me doing anything. I'm running Norton Internet Security 2009 and have the latest updates. I've also scanned my computer using ADware and that's come up clean.

Can someone please help?

Thanks.

A:unexplained lockups

Hello and welcome to TSF.

Malware is not always the cause of slow system. Pleas check this page and see if any of their suggestions help.:

Slow Computer

If you're still having problems, we want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/unexplained-lockups-356975.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I wonder if anyone can shed some light on a problem I have with a friends PC Basically when Unexplained Pop Ups Advertisement browsing online in either IE or Firefox they are getting popups in a full window size without tool bars etc that display Unexplained Advertisement Pop Ups various Unexplained Advertisement Pop Ups adverts There is no title displayed on each page either I have ran Spybot and although this has cleared several toolbars Unexplained Advertisement Pop Ups and cookies the problem still exists Below is a copy of the hijackthis log which looks ok to me but I wonder if someone could cast an eye over it and maybe offer any further suggestions Regards Tony HIJACKTHIS LOGFILE OUTPUT Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C WINDOWS system hphmon exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files Thomson SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files SpeedTouch Dr SpeedTouch drst exe C PROGRA SIMPLE PHOTOS data Xtras mssysmgr exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google Google Updater GoogleUpdater exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C tb HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN GB amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN GB amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www wanadoo co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN GB amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Wanadoo R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http http www-cache freeserve com ftp http www-cache freeserve com O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg... Read more

Relevancy 38.7%

Hello, here is my problem.

Recently, we deleted our entire hard drive, then installed Windows ME. We then got the critical updates for our computer, and immediately upgraded to our newly purchased Windows XP Professional.

Since then, I've had random lockups, which usually occur when I'm using Internet Explorer. It is a hard lockup, I can't move the mouse, CTRL ALT DEL or anything it's just completely stopped.

We have all the updated drivers for our hardware, plus all needed updates for Windows XP and Internet Explorer 6. Also, all my hardware is compatible with Windows XP.

My computer is as follows

AMD Duron 850MHz
40Gig Western Digital Hard Drive
512 MB RAM
nVidia GeForce 2 MX/400
Hercules Gamesurround Fortissimo II

If anyone can help narrow down the problem, or even find the solution, I'd really appreciate it.

THANKS!

Relevancy 38.7%

I m not sure this is the right forum category for this question A friend asked me for help with a problem with the web camera in her Dell Inspiron laptop Several times over the past couple of weeks the camera activity light has flashed on unexpectedly When it happened she heard a series of quot four musical notes quot She was concerned that somebody was spying on her somehow not a totally unreasonable concern In her experience the machine had typically been in use for some period of time since having been booted activations cam web Unexplained up She was uncertain regarding whether she had been on line when it happened So I borrowed the machine to give it a thorough going-over I never experienced the problem as Unexplained web cam activations she described it Among the things I did to the machine that might have affected the problem were to disable a bunch of programs that were autostarting including I think some sort of Dell camera management utility And I ran several maleware scans and discovered and removed one trojan identified by Super Antispyware as Trojan Agent Gen-FakeAlert Local The situation at the moment is that I still haven t seen any evidence of unexpected camera activity once the machine has booted up Unexplained web cam activations but I get one brief flash from the camera activity light during every boot The strange thing is that it occurs BEFORE the log-in screen is presented while the machine is still showing the black quot Microsoft quot screen with a progress activity bar The Unexplained web cam activations owner claims that she is not accustomed to seeing the light flash during the boot up so the quot flash while booting quot symptom is new Can anyone give me any idea of what may be going on Is there any likelihood that there is some sort of rookit that is able to access the camera before the machine has even completed booting I wouldn t be surprised if the camera light flash was the consequence of some entirely normal part of the hardware initialization except that the owner swears that the machine hadn t been doing that I d be inclined to say fugeddaboutit if the symptom wasn t new nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unexplained-web-cam-activations.953298/
Relevancy 38.7%

hi world ever since we have had our current computer we have been having problems with kbd exe the keyboard software that comes with hp i believe until recently when i installed some new drivers for it and it seemed to all be Unexplained Freezes fine now however after a few weeks of perfect operation the computer freezes every time you activate the media controls on the keyboard i think i might have been able Unexplained Freezes to Unexplained Freezes live with that if it weren't for the fact that it has started also freezing for no discernable reason at all making the whole troubleshooting process very difficult something interesting to note is Unexplained Freezes that when it freezes the cursor is still perfectly responsive as far as motion is concerned however it can't click things here's the HJT log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaantmon exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MICROSOFTSMLBIZ Binn sqlservr exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsDeviceConnect exeC Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindServiceAE exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC Program Files Intel IntelDH Intel Quick Resume Technology Drivers Elservice exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXEC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaanotif exeC Program Files HP DigitalMedia Archive DMAScheduler exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpotdd exeC Program Files Nokia Nokia PC Suite LaunchApplication exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC HP KBD KBD EXEC PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeC Program Files Common Files PCSuite Services ServiceLayer exeC Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr ExeC Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files FlashMute FlashMute exeC Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exeC Program Files Nikon PictureProject NkbMonitor exeC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Tools Binn sqlmangr exeC Program Files Updates from HP Program Updates from HP exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exec windows system hpsysdrv exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exeC Program Files HijackThis abc batR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Searc... Read more

A:Unexplained Freezes

This issue has apparently been resolved in another of BC's forums: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/101787/good-replacement-driver-suggestions-for-my-hp-keyboard/Please do not post about the same issue in multiple topics in different forums. You may think it will get you help quicker, but in fact it just causes confusion and more work for staff.Also we would appreciate it if you would refrain from using HijackThis for help in troubleshooting any problem you may have. Altho it can be useful for troubleshooting some software problems, we use it to primarily aid in removal of malware. It is not at all designed to be an aid in troubleshooting your entire system and hardware. Malware issues tend to come on rather suddenly, in your own description of the keyboard problem you relate that it has always been a problem. That is why you should only have posted about this in the Hardware forum. As you can see your issue being posted in the correct forum got you help in a more timely manner. This is why you should only post once and carefully choose which forum to post your topic. It saves everyone time and is why choosing the correct forum to post in is part of the Forum RulesSince I see no malware in your log, I am closing this thread. I will let you know that you should not be running two antivirus programs at the same time. This will just cause problems and strain your computer's resources. If you need any help with this, please start a new topic in AntiVirus, Firewall and Privacy Products and Protection Methods forum.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/106217/unexplained-freezes/
Relevancy 38.7%

I have a home office computer running win xp professional with sp3 and although my browser has not been hijacked and I don't get any error messages, my computer feels like it's running slow and I'm getting lockups overnight without me doing anything. I'm running Norton Internet Security 2009 and have the latest updates. I've also scanned my computer using ADware and that's come up clean.

Can someone please help?

Thanks.

Michael

A:unexplained lockups

http://www.pcpitstop.com/pcpitstop/default.aspThey have a full test, when finished, post the link in the address barWe are looking for a needle in a haystack

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/211805/unexplained-lockups/
Relevancy 38.7%

I've got a very peculiar issue with my computer. I'm running a Windows 7 OS with the Windows Updater set to ONLY download updates, but not install them, yet I keep finding my computer restarted itself for some strange reason. Reason why I did this to my updater was because I'm a hardcore gamer, and the updater tends to get in the way of my games, making them minimize, close down, or just plain crash, and that gets VERY annoying sometimes. The restarts, however, used to happen on rare occasion, but as of recent, it's been happening more frequently, about four to six hours of inactive use, where as before, it used to be near two to five DAYS. Can someone explain this to me?

Also, I seem to have recently been starting my OS where the libraries will open upon start. It never used to to that when I first got this computer.

A:Unexplained Restarts

Try changing your automatic updates to Notify Only, or turn them off all together. I don't think it's related to your problem but it will help rule AU out. Check your Event Viewer logs for any errors?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unexplained-restarts-583889.html
Relevancy 38.7%

My windows xp computer has begun to crash on a very regular basis and is experiencing extreme slowdown I cannot seem to find a reason XP Win unexplained Crashes for these unexplained Win XP Crashes crashes on my own avg and spybot dont find anything major my computer specs are windows xp home SP pentium Ghz MB RAM gb hddhere is a HJT log any help unexplained Win XP Crashes you can give would be greatly appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at p m on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system unexplained Win XP Crashes svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXEC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exeC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files DNA btdna exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC WINDOWS system mmc exeC WINDOWS system DfrgNtfs exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgui exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgscanx exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co nz R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO no name - D - DC - E - -E BEC D F - no file O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO AVG Security Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - C PROGRA AVG AVG AVGTOO DLLO - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dllO - BHO no name - CC -D - B - E D- CE C - C WINDOWS system byxxyxy dll file missing O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - BHO no name - E B C- AD - AFF- E - A A ED FA - no file O - Toolbar no name - E E AB-F - D - D - BA E - no file O - Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dllO - Toolbar AVG Security Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - C PROGRA AVG AVG AVGTOO DLLO - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exeO - HKLM Run SoundMAX quot C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe quot trayO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run ... Read more

A:unexplained Win XP Crashes

Hi sadler,Welcome to BC HijackThis forum. I am farbar. I am going to assist you with your problem.Please refrain from making any changes to your system (updating Windows, installing applications, removing files, etc.) from now on as it might prolong handling your log and make the job for both of us more difficult.Download random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from here and save it to your desktop.Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.Set the list of Files/Folders created to 3 Months.Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized)

Note:The logs will be created in this folder: C:\rsitYou might want to save this page on your favorites, so you can find it again when you return.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/181177/unexplained-win-xp-crashes/
Relevancy 38.7%

I keep getting seemingly random and unexplained blue screens. This happened awhile ago, but it occurs so infrequently that I chose to ignore it. However now it's really becoming a thorn in my side and I would like this issue resolved.

I have the minidump files and it would be nice if someone could read these and tell me why my computer keeps blue screening.

Also I don't know if this will help, but when my computer blue screens it restarts again, and if I do not shut down the computer, it will get in this loop of blue screening, rebooting, and blue screening again. To stop this I boot in safe mode and fully shut down the computer.

I have no idea what's going on, and I would really appreciate any help in resolving this issue. Thanks.

A:Unexplained BSOD

Quote: Originally Posted by gckid333

I keep getting seemingly random and unexplained blue screens. This happened awhile ago, but it occurs so infrequently that I chose to ignore it. However now it's really becoming a thorn in my side and I would like this issue resolved.

I have the minidump files and it would be nice if someone could read these and tell me why my computer keeps blue screening.

Also I don't know if this will help, but when my computer blue screens it restarts again, and if I do not shut down the computer, it will get in this loop of blue screening, rebooting, and blue screening again. To stop this I boot in safe mode and fully shut down the computer.

I have no idea what's going on, and I would really appreciate any help in resolving this issue. Thanks.

This one was probably caused by WmiPrvSE.exe which is part of the win 7 environment. It is usually found in an enterprise environment so I wonder why home premium has installed it.

I also suspect the many old drivers y our have play a large role in this happening.

These are the ones that need to be updated.

Code:
fffff880`0115e000 fffff880`01169d00 PxHlpa64 PxHlpa64.sys Wed Mar 12 21:58:17 2008 (47D88A39)
fffff880`0165b000 fffff880`01735000 timntr timntr.sys Fri Sep 12 10:49:48 2008 (48CA818C)
fffff880`01800000 fffff880`0183b000 snman380 snman380.sys Tue Sep 16 13:09:00 2008 (48CFE82C)
fffff880`01856000 fffff880`019da000 tdrpm140 tdrpm140.sys Fri Oct 03 12:16:36 2008 (48E64564)
fffff880`05d72000 fffff880`05d89000 tifsfilt tifsfilt.sys Fri Sep 12 10:50:44 2008 (48CA81C4)
fffff880`07471000 fffff880`07489000 adfs adfs.SYS Thu Jun 26 16:52:37 2008 (48640195)
fffff880`07b40000 fffff880`07b4b000 secdrv secdrv.SYS Wed Sep 13 09:18:38 2006 (4508052E)
fffff880`0837a000 fffff880`0838a000 NTGLM7X64 NTGLM7X64.sys Sun Dec 07 22:23:19 2008 (493C9327)
fffff880`07471000 fffff880`07489000 adfs adfs.SYS Thu Jun 26 16:52:37 2008 (48640195)
fffff880`0837a000 fffff880`0838a000 NTGLM7X64 NTGLM7X64.sys Sun Dec 07 22:23:19 2008 (493C9327)
fffff880`0115e000 fffff880`01169d00 PxHlpa64 PxHlpa64.sys Wed Mar 12 21:58:17 2008 (47D88A39)
fffff880`07b40000 fffff880`07b4b000 secdrv secdrv.SYS Wed Sep 13 09:18:38 2006 (4508052E)
fffff880`01800000 fffff880`0183b000 snman380 snman380.sys Tue Sep 16 13:09:00 2008 (48CFE82C)
fffff880`01856000 fffff880`019da000 tdrpm140 tdrpm140.sys Fri Oct 03 12:16:36 2008 (48E64564)
fffff880`05d72000 fffff880`05d89000 tifsfilt tifsfilt.sys Fri Sep 12 10:50:44 2008 (48CA81C4)
fffff880`0165b000 fffff880`01735000 timntr timntr.sys Fri Sep 12 10:49:48 2008 (48CA818C)
In order to check and repair your system files I would run a system file check
to do that type cmd in search>right click and run as admin>sfc /scannow

Let us know the results

Code:
Built by: 7600.16539.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Debug session time: Tue Jun 29 23:50:51.220 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:03:41.124
BugCheck 19, {20, fffffa8003c97be0, fffffa8003c97c30, 4050026}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!NtFreeVirtualMemory+6bd )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x19_20
PROCESS_NAME: WmiPrvSE.exe

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/94435-unexplained-bsod.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello All this is my Reboots Unexplained first time here and I have a big problem Last weekend my computer began acting very slow etc Not too long after Unexplained Reboots the computer began to reboot itself about every minutes without warning It would just suddenly reboot as if I d hit the reset button This obviously made me suspect it was a virus infection so I restarted in Safe Mode and ran AVG It gave me results and I hit the quot Heal quot button deleting the entries I assumed this was the end of it but as soon as I restarted the minute reboots began to occur again For the past few days I ve been trying to find out exactly what is wrong but have been unable to do so When I restart in normal mode a message appears that says quot System Has Recovered from a Serious Error quot I m hoping that you ll be able to help me out because I REALLY need that computer right now I have Windows XP Home Edition by the way nbsp

Relevancy 38.7%

Whenever I am on youtube watching a video for about 30 seconds, my screen goes black, the last second of audio is looped at a fast rate and my computer is restarted. I've tried reinstalling flash player off and on again and I have no luck. After it has rebooted, I get a notice saying something like windows has just recovered from a serious error.

Any Ideas?

Relevancy 38.7%

I am experiencing random shut offs with my computer It will just up and turn off abruptly Crashes Unexplained and then reboot This machine is less than months old and has been working just fine up until this yesterday morning It seems to happen between and hours after boot-up The only change of note to it in Unexplained Crashes that time is an installation of the Sims expansion Seasons previous expansions and the main game have not caused any problems nor am I convinced Seasons has anything to do with this Overheating doesn t seem to be an issue as I ve run Sensor View and the CPU is running consistently at about degrees and other temps seem okay too Event viewer shows no errors whatsoever I ve also run sfc disk cleanup and defragged all drives The only other thing I can think of is a power Unexplained Crashes supply issue but I m hoping there are some other things I can try because as I said it s a new power supply and I don t want to have to buy a new one unless I absolutely have to because I ve just moved to the UK from the States and it might be awhile before I can do that and yes I do have the power supply set for UK voltage I don t know what else to check at this point System Specs Intel DG FB MoBo gigs of ghz Mushkin RAM Intel Core Duo Windows XP Pro with SP amp NVIDIA GeForce GT FSP SAGA AX -PN W ATX V Power Supply nbsp

A:Unexplained Crashes

One common cause of spontaneous reboots is bad memory (requires replacement of memory stick(s)). Another is a bad system clock (requires replacement of main board).

I once had a system that would spontaneously restart. After some weeks of frustration, I put a volt meter on one of the molex connectors and set its display on my desk just above my keyboard. What I found was the voltage would remain consistent for days at a time; but, then it would just drop to 10 volts or less and the system would reboot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unexplained-crashes.666158/
Relevancy 38.7%

My host PC would restart randomly its miner situation but i would like to know Y?

Could be a heating problem due to high CPU usage but i wanted to be sure

It happends mainly during downloading, however it would do the odd random restart.

Whats best to do?

A:Unexplained Restart

Hi ... Do this , Right click the "My Computer" select properties , Then click on the " Advanced " tab , select " Settings " under the start up and recovery , then remove the check mark that is on auto restart , Now next time your computer try to do a restart it should show you some sore of error , Post back with this error and i'm sure someone will try to assist a little further

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/60278/unexplained-restart/
Relevancy 38.27%

hello,
looking for ideas as to what would cause my PC to "lock up" at varying intervals whether it is being used or not. If I go to bed with the PC on there is a 75% chance that it will be frozen when I wake up. I can move the mouse cursor . .. . but the rest is dead. Have to three finger salute to get it back and running.
These freezes happen at irregular intervals under all conditions . .. heavy use, no use, many apps running, no apps running, etc.

Machine is a Windows 98 Micron P-3 667 . .. Micron replaced the CPU, DVD drive and Video card last year in an attempt to fix this. Problem has never gone away. Computer is in a cool basement . .. but I suspect overheating.

Any ideas, no matter how outlandish. ... I am interested in hearing.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
JROV

A:unexplained system freezes

Hi jrov,
If the system is freezing up with out any activity, I would suspect a power supply! They are pretty reasonable now days. But I would wait for other responses first. Power supplys can go quickly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unexplained-system-freezes.52709/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hey guys I m the resident quot IT quot guy at my small office and we ve been experiencing sporadic outages of our internet I m at my wit s end trying to figure out how to best Network Outages Unexplained solve these problems so I m Unexplained Network Outages hoping someone here will be able to lead me in the right direction Problem Network goes down at random times requiring a power cycle of the modem to get back on Our Equipment - A ZyXel PK Z modem router - A D-Link DGS- - - An Asus RT-N in AP mode - computers on OSX on Win on Win on Win Vista tablets and several employees phones What I ve Done So Far - Upon CenturyLink s installation these issues were a lot more frequent after getting a replacement they re less common but still do happen - I ve replaced the unmanaged switch that we had with a smart switch to eliminate it as a variable My Observations Notes - Internet goes down BUT the modem router does not indicate that something is unable to get through - The modem logs don t indicate that there was a DHCP authorization from CL going on during the outages - I am using the CenturyLink modem router as a DHCP server - Most objects in the office are using DHCP whereas networking equipment are using static IPs I m really just at a loss now as to what s going on I can reboot all I want but it doesn t solve the mystery nbsp

A:Unexplained Network Outages

When you lose internet access you can still access the router and other devices (both ethernet and Wi-Fi connected) on the LAN?

Internet goes down BUT the modem/router does not indicate that something is unable to get throughClick to expand...

You can ping a web site and get replies? If so, then what do you mean by "Internet goes down"? Or do you mean something else by "modem/router does not indicate that something is unable to get through"?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unexplained-network-outages.1125914/
Relevancy 38.27%

I bought my computer about years ago Pretty much from day one it has suffered unexplained crashes 1/2 1 unexplained years crashes. of Having bought it to play games on this is very much fustrating and I am almost to the point of giving up and junking it However if it worked it should be a pretty reasonable machine I have posted links to my dxdiag file at the bottom 1 1/2 years of unexplained crashes. of the post Brief History Games crash when playing Sometime to a blue screen sometimes to desktop After about months computer crashes started happening from desktop normally when computer is idle Rather strange but computer didn t seem to crash when downloading with torrent software A few months back I took the PC back to PCWorld and kicked up a fuss They ran continuos test over night but didn t see any problems They then reset to factory defaults No joy When I got it back same scenario days ago I figured maybe it was just a media centre problem Wiped hard drives and installed old copy of XP Pro Booted up the sims two and crash after crash days ago starts crashing from desktop day ago it starts crashing from Torrent softaware which it never used to do After the reboots following the crash I always send off the error reports to MS who always come back with unknown device drive problem I have had my suspicions about the problems and most recently I uninstalled the sound card As a few post on similar topics made me think it could be sound driver incompatibility Today it crashed without the sound card The only other drivers I have installed since the fresh install is for a netgear wireless adapter and obviosuly for my Graphics Card a Radeon X latest drivers After work tonight I will uninstall the netgear adapter and see if that makes a difference I don t think it will as these problems where happening when I was using a wired BT router when I first got the machine I will copy below the error messages below from the event log but the other thing I noticed is that with some of the crashes about a few seconds before under applications perflib seemed to be generating between one and three errors After this post I will do some research of perflib as my knowledge of it is zilch but there may be a connection there somewhere I think thats about it Most user info should be in the DXDiag form below but if I can think of anything else I will post back Error Logs Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time User N A Computer NIK Description Error code e parameter c parameter bfa bda parameter aaff parameter aaff For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data d System E f rror Er f f ror code d e Param eters c c bfa bda c aaff c aaff Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time User N A Computer NIK Description Error code a parameter parameter c c parameter c parameter For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data d System E f rror Er f f ror code d a Param eters c c c c c c Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time User N A Computer NIK Description Error code a parameter parameter parameter parameter b fe For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data d System E f rror Er f f ror code d a Param eters c c c b fe Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time User N A Computer NIK Description Error code parameter ead parameter parameter f parameter For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data d System E f rror Er f f ror code d Param eters c ead c f c DXDiag File http www mysharefile com v DxDiag txt html Many thanks for anyones time and help on this problem It will be very much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 38.27%

Hello to all from a new user!
Arrrgh! After emailing tech support for my card, and doing what they asked (Updating bios and drivers, changing option is the bios, etc) my Creative Geforce2 MX 32mb is still running really slow! And I mean slow!
What happened is this: I ran a game (Oni) at 640 x 480 16bit, and it was slow. I then changed the display to 1024 x 768 32bit and it ran like a dream!
The next day, it was back running slow again.
After some close scrutiny. I have discovered that it is not just that game running slow, but the whole system!
Is it the card? The computer? What the heck is going on!!!!

A:Unexplained Video Slowdown

Hello Herrick28.

First off what OS are you using? How much RAM? Is this computer on a network? What have you done already to try to solve the problem? Try disabling progams one by one leaving systray and explorer with a ctrl, atl, del. See if that helps. Bring up system monitor to see what your computer is doing. Maybe there isn't enough system ram, or the CPU might be maxed out doing someting else.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unexplained-video-slowdown.40485/
Relevancy 38.27%

I'm working on a dell studio laptop.
The original symptom was 30 minute+ boot up and it would eventually start Vista (Home Premium 32-bit).
Malwarebytes came up with a few minor tracking cookies, removed them. Anti-virus came up clean.
Reboot still takes over 30 minutes.
Installed SP2 (took over 5 hours). Reboots.
Now stuck in reboot loop.
I ran dell diagnostics and everything passed, and I mean everything. I ran SATA long test, full memory test, everything passed.
Now we move into the mystery.
UBCD4Win hangs with a black screen (Waited over 1 hour)
XP based ERD hangs with a black screen (Waited over 1 hour)
Vista based ERD starts after a decent 20 minute wait. Backed everything up.
Reinstalled Vista from DVD.
Still slow boot. Driver installs taking hours.

Any idea what's going on? Any help greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 38.27%

my pc will just freeze at any random time like minutes ago for no apparent reason it doesn t freezing problems??? unexplained matter what programs I run I can t find any malware i scanned with SBS amp D ad aware and AVG and didn t find anything windows XP pro SP Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v unexplained freezing problems??? SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS unexplained freezing problems??? system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgserv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C WINDOWS System atiptaxx exe C Program Files Messenger Plus MsgPlus exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Program Files SAGEM SAGEM email protected - dslmon exe C spwareguard SpywareGuard sgmain exe C spwareguard SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Hijackthis hijackthis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www newgrounds com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C spwareguard SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar MSN Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Toolbar en-gb msntb dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C Program Files Grisoft AVG avgcc exe startup O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run AtiPTA atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run IMEKRMIG C WINDOWS ime imkr IMEKRMIG EXE O - HKLM Run MSPY C WINDOWS System IME PINTLGNT ImScInst exe SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS System IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS System IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run MessengerPlus quot C Program Files Messenger Plus MsgPlus exe quot O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MessengerPlus quot C Program Files Messenger Plus MsgPlus exe quot WinStart O - Startup SpywareGuard lnk C spwareguard SpywareGuard sgmain exe O - Global Startup DSLMON lnk C Program Files SAGEM SAGEM email protected - dslmon exe O - Global Startup LimeWire lnk C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire LimeWire exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk disabled O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item Backward amp Links - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks html O - Extra context menu item Cac amp hed Snapshot of Page - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmcache html O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Si amp milar Pages - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsimilar html O - Extra context menu item Translate into English - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmtrans html O - Extra button no name - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - no file O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - no file O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBo... Read more

Relevancy 38.27%

I seem to get a constant computer lag on call of duty 4 and world of warcraft for no reason i used to run them fine a month ago until now

wow runs fine in some parts of the game and in others terrible and i can hear the static on my sound when it lags and it doesnt matter if the game is crowded. and i have changed no hardware apart from putting an extra 2 gig in.

I run Vista 64 bit, service pack 1
2.4 quad intell proccessor
8800 GTX graphics card
4gig of ram
onboard sound with my Ausus PK5c motherboard

I have tried reformatting although my partition i kept.

So if any1 can kindly help with any solutions i would be grateful, thanks.

A:Problems with unexplained computer lag

power supply
brand
wattage
what does the bios list your temps and voltages as
run this and monitor your cpu temps while playing the game
http://www.download.com/Core-Temp/30...-10794077.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problems-with-unexplained-computer-lag-311467.html
Relevancy 38.27%

When running Reg Cleaner 4.3, I had it review the software on my computer. It reported four items I cannot account for. And I do not know what to do about them. My initial inclination is to delete. But I am wondering if it is possible that they are part of some other program(s) I am running. I don't think so. And I know I never downloaded these items. I would like to list these four as they appear by Author and Software and request comments as to whether you guys think they arrived by some means other than my placing there. And, if so, may I delete with impunity?

Author: Freeverse. Software: Viagara
Fujifilm. Upload
Spire I Learn
Spywarekiller Settings

Thanks,
Red Boy

A:Unexplained Software Programs

They all should be safe to delete.
Definitely delete the 1st one and the 4th one. If you use SpyCop Spyware Killer, I would get rid of it. there are free progs that are much better.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unexplained-software-programs.143784/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello there I've been tearing myself up trying to figure out this Unexplained, abnormal sounds problem and I've begun to suspect that it might be some Unexplained, abnormal sounds kind of Unexplained, abnormal sounds virus causing it I really have no idea what else could It started very simply A while ago I started getting IM beeps like AIM had been getting messages but there weren't any That went away after a day or so but was replaced by a strange bell sound that I could not find a source or reason for anywhere on my computer The ringing would only come every - hours or so and I couldn't find any Unexplained, abnormal sounds reason for it However I didn't start to really suspect malware until the scratching started It's certainly a noise coming from my speakers Headphones anyway and not from my computer components It happens semi-frequently About once every minutes and is a pair of very quick scratches like someone brushing a finger along a microphone It continued like that for about an hour until I enabled Windows Firewall at which point it went away and I haven't heard it since I'd appreciate any help you people can offer and apologize in advance is this turns out to be some minor little obvious problem which a thinking person would have seen in minutes EDIT Turns out I am still hearing the scratching even with my firewalls on Also included DDS Log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Mike Baird at on Sun Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV avast antivirus VPS - On-access scanning enabled Updated DB - F - A -B - A FD D Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C Program Files Common Files Research In Motion Auto Update RIMAutoUpdate exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe E program files steam steam exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exe C Program Files Stardock Impulse Impulse exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice BIN C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C PROGRA simplemu SimpleMU exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Program Files Winamp winamp exe C Documents and Settings Mike Baird Desktop Downloads dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uSearch Page hxxp www google com uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie mSearchAssistant hxxp www google com uURLSearchHooks AIM Toolbar Search Class f - dc - -bc - e fefafe - c program files aim toolbar aimtb dll uURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll mURLSearchHooks AIM Toolbar Search Class f - dc - -bc - e fefafe - c program files aim toolbar aimtb dll BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c... Read more

A:Unexplained, abnormal sounds

Hello and to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.-----------------------------------------------------------We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREKind regardsNet_Surfer

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/235541/unexplained-abnormal-sounds/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi I've been trying to fix my problem for weeks now but no matter what I do I cant stop it Im not sure what is causing it to happen but my Windows Professional continuously locks up for no apparent reason I might be just listening to music or typing something up or Unexplained up Freezing/Lock just idling and the computer just freezes and I have to restart I have tried changing the power saving settings to high performance even editing the advanced settings to that the HDD's never turn off I have cleaned the registry reinstalled windows three times on different hard drives taken off my overclock and turned up the cooling re-orientated my computer I thought the non-horizontal position of my HDD's had an affect Unexplained Freezing/Lock up added a screen saver updated and uninstalled drivers nothing does the job The first time i installed Windows it worked fine no freezing nothing but I had to reinstall because windows wouldnt start after I rearranged the posiiton of my HDD's in my computer Most of the time when i walk away from the computer for a long period of time and come back the computer is frozen with the screen not able to turn on again The last crash was when iw as playing a game the game crashed then windows froze I have checked the event logs and i only see the kernel restart error Sorry if that sounds like a bit of a waffle but I am trying to give you all the information I can My system is Motherboard Asus P K CPU Unexplained Freezing/Lock up Intel Q Ghz was over clocked to cooling thermaltake MaxOrb Memory gb G-skill- on bit Graphics card Gigabyte ATI HD MB PSU Antec Basiq W Hard Drives GB WD Windows Installed on this one single boot GB WD GB WD TB WD Other Creative X-fi XtremeGamer sound card Netgear WG T Mbps wireless adaptor Any help would be much appriciated Thanks in advance Ok the game crash is completely unrelated the game crashed but windows did not lock up Also windows hasnt locked up when im watching a movie

A:Unexplained Freezing/Lock up

I have been having a similar problem over the last week in particular the last 3 days. I could have been doing anything, browsing, writing an e-mail, working in photoshop and then the computer would just hang completely, time frozen in the corner, ctrl-alt-del wouldn't work and then I would have to do a forced reboot via the reset button on the front of my pc case.

This would happen with clean installs of vista x64 and windows 7 x64. It was doing my head in. Looking at my event logs told me nvidia was at an insecure state at 32 or something to that effect even though I updated all my drivers. So I found a tip here for this:

TweakGuides.com - Nvidia Forceware Tweak Guide

and then I very reluctantly used a driver checker program to check my system for drivers. I have a gigabyte motherboard and the program was coming up with all these drivers needing updated for intel usb etc. ratePV explained this to me here that I had an intel chipset on my motherboard

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/2...ws-7-a-13.html

So i updated them as well as fingers crossed no error reports for nvidia and no more freezing, locking up or crashes.

I did try the nvidia option mentioned before first and my machine still locked up so I done the other things as well and no problems so far.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/38707-unexplained-freezing-lock-up.html
Relevancy 38.27%

One evening I went to bed I always leave my computer on and the next morning when I went to check my email it was off I tried turning it on but it would not So I unplugged everything waited for the motherboard to discharge and opened it up Nothing seemed to be loose too dusty Unexplained Restarting Problem or obviously disconnected no fried smell from the CPU I plugged it back in pressed the power button and it turned on Windows XP Pro booted Unexplained Restarting Problem normally but after about ten minutes it restarted I had the same booting problem again I had to wait for the motherboard to discharge before I could turn it back on This time I checked the BIOS All appeared well there was a message in red that I had read before but I presumed did not mean anything It read something like quot Running CPU at mhz bus requires RAM equal to or greater than mhz please check to make sure RAM complies quot My RAM is and has always been mhz underclocked to the speed my CPU requires I vaguely recall seeing this before I tested my two sticks of individually in each slot Message appeared each time as it did when I tested a seperate stick of MB DDR The computer would still restart after ten minutes too The night that all this trouble started after there was a storm but it was not violent and we did not lose power I have tested the computer on a different surge protector as well as tested the surge protector The problem still occured when I ran the computer straight from the outles and the quot OK quot light on the surge protector lights up green The only thing that seems to help is to underclock the system bus to mhz This way the computer has been able to stay on for several hours Still I d like to know how to fix or test for a solution for this problem It seems very strange to me Also I cannot boot up windows in safe mode Edit The red text in the BIOS about the mhz bus may only be a warning not necessarily an error I m not sure And oh yeah System Specs forgot you folks like those Motherboard ASUS A V X-X CPU AMD Barton ghz mhz FSB RAM Sticks MB DDR CAS Latency HDD WD Caviar gig mb Cache Special Edition Replaced identical model that had encountered an error I believe this one to be refurbished VGA Albatron GeForce FX MB DVD Sony DVD CD-R W Combo and Samsung DVD R W PSU CoolMax Watt P SATA Compatible Silent nbsp

A:Unexplained Restarting Problem

The fact that you have this "cool down" cycle before restart sounds to me like a Power Supply problem. Add in the possiblity of a power surge or brownout from the storm and it really makes the power supply suspect.

If you can swap it with another one, it would be a good test!

Also, if you make sure that YOU are grounded to the PC case, you really do not have to "wait for the motherboard to discharge".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unexplained-restarting-problem.401815/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello, I have a problem with my computer. I tend to keep it on overnight as a rule, but lately it has been restarting itself at some point. I had to restore to factory default a few days ago so I'm assuming this is some arcane windows setting I've forgotten to deal with. I have changed the power settings to never shut down the monitor and never put the computer in standby. However I still do not know what is causing this.

Thank you for all the help

A:Unexplained Reset Overnight

you probably have windows updates to check every day at 3:00 am....

good luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/368314/unexplained-reset-overnight/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello yall its my first post here so please let me know if I do something wrong yes So i am by no means a amateur at working with computers recently my girlfriend came across a problem that has had me stumped for months So I finally decided to transition from lurker to contributor YAY ME Here is the Specs Gateway custom build I did not build it or order it Windows Home AMD phenom x GHz Unexplained frame loss RAM GB bit Graphics AMD Radion HD And AMD Radion HD Primary obviously I have pretty much the same set up lesser graphics card ghz and I have not had any trouble PROBLEM When she plays graphically intense games Dragon Age Mass effect that kinda thing at first it works fine both online and off but slowly after about a hour the game slowly transitions Unexplained frame loss into a slide show we begin to see massive frame loss it first appeared on Lord of the Rings She had only played WoW before that we thought it Unexplained frame loss was lag but Unexplained frame loss when it started appearing in single player off line games that kinda ruined that theroy I thought it might be a few things but started simple we did a disk clean up problem continues we did a reformat problem continues we did graphics upgrade drives and hardware problem continues we replaced the hard drive problem continues What is next I currently believe after all these attempts the problem lies with the RAM but I don t know how to test RAM to see if its faulty and don t relish the idea of buying GB of new ram The other problem could be mobo in which case I m at sea without a paddle The only solution I know from there is to toss the mobo and buy a new system while salvaging parts hard drive graphics card RAM you get the idea Question What do yall think it is Have I missed something What other information do you need and how do I present it Is this something simple A setting I have wrong somewhere nbsp

Relevancy 38.27%

Hello I run an custom built pc with vista basic home AMD X it has gb ram Random Unexplained Freezes ati radeon video card gb HDD It started about a month ago when my programs started to randomly freeze up expecially games but Firefox and other programs started to as well The whole computer did not freeze up only the programs and it lasted anywhere from sec to a minute and then it would come back From time to time it would completely lock up Random Freezes Unexplained and i would have to do a hard shut down I have done everything i can think of up to this point reading posts making changes i took the pc apart and cleaned and repaired anything that might have looked off I have spoken with companies and they told me that it was a video card issue and after getting a new video card it did not fix the problem I then moved onto it being a power problem upgrading froma watt to a watt and problem not fixed I have cleaned defragged debugged virus scans anything i can think of short of buying a new pc up to this point Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated id be happy to add additional info upon request Im getting extremely fustrated being that all my money for this pc is now stuggling to work Makes running a guild and gaming very difficult at times Thank you for any information i am given nbsp

A:Random Freezes Unexplained

Hi dznutzstr8

Please do bumps after waiting about a day. The support on this site is free and is done by people from all around the world, which means that times differ and responses could take a while.

What motherboard are you using? Are your graphics drivers / motherboard drivers etc. all up to date? What were you doing just prior to the time the problem started occurring? Do you receive any errors when the computer freezes up or when it reboots? Any BSODs?

I would suggest that you run the Virus Removal tool here first .... http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic58138.html .... I understand that you have already tried virus scans before but this tool requires you to post your logs on completion. The logs give us more insight into the software installed on your system and might indicate some overlooked areas of concern. Post your logs in the Virus and Malware section of the forum.

Keep us informed of ANY steps you take and also if you manage to cure the problem.

Spyder_1386

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-freezes-unexplained.127069/
Relevancy 38.27%

I have already formatted PC several times but there was no improvement in speed. I have been getting this weird problem with Windows 7, and I apologize if this has been posted and solved before, but I couldn't find anything. So, I don't remember when this started, but my RAM usage is upwards to 80% with 2 GB of RAM. And I am currently running a lot of programs, true, but closing them all does nothing. It's as if Windows is failing to eliminate the resources used by the programs even after closing. The RAM is around 50% on start-up (which seems insanely high...) And it won't go way all that much even if I end every process I can. Anybody have any clues to fixing this? It never happened before when I was using win 7 on the same machine.

System Config:
Processor- Intel (R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 380 @2.53GHz
RAM- 2GB (Usable 1.74GB)
System Type - 64 Bit Operating System

Thanks

A:High unexplained RAM usage

Run a scan with your anti virus.
Run a scan with Malwarebytes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/347814-high-unexplained-ram-usage.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi

A couple of days ago, whilst browsing the Internet, my PC crashed with the Blue Screen of Death!!! and I couldn't reboot into Windows.

The screen message showed the following information:
STOP: 0x00000050 (0xF790F000,0x00000000,0xF75BED79,0x00000000)
ACPI sys - Address F75BED79 base at F75A8000, Date Stamp 480252b1
BIOS Not ACPI Compliant

My BIOS is ACPI Compliant and is set to Auto (the other two options are S1/POS & S3/STR - there is no option to disable the ACPI function in the BIOS setup.

My power options in Control Panel are all set to off.

Nothing has changed with my PC other than updating a few applications
so I cannot understand why I had this BOD and why it hasn't happened since.

Can anyone throw any light on this problem?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unexplained-system-crash-504578.html
Relevancy 38.27%

So this program comes up, screen shot attached, that I didnt install, says all this crap is in my computer....so I do a HJT wanna make sure I am deleting the right things, I was going to remove a few please help me I do not wanna ruin my system, thanks
Also need to 100% get that program out from the screen shot, its not in add remove, its in the registry I am assuming

A:Unexplained program popping up? HJT log

Oh and btw, my computer fan was just running louder than I've ever heard a fan run in my entire life, sounded like it was going to blow up, processes show nothing running thats taking memory

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unexplained-program-popping-up-hjt-log.821854/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi all,

I have been experiencing several reboots. I.e. PC just reboots for no reason. No BSOD is generated (I have set PC not to restart after crash). No mini dump just random reboots (sometimes continuous reboot cycle). I am trying to isolate the reason for this issue but have struggled to do so.

I suspect the issue may be related to my PSU or Mobo but do would like to eliminate Win 7 before I start tearing my machine to bits.

Any assistance offered will be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

A:Unexplained reboots RC7100

From what you describe the PSU is the most likely culprit. Unfortunately the definitive test for this is to try a new PSU. Maybe you can borrow one from another system, or purchase one that you can return?

Also, check for overheating - that'll cause the same symptoms.
Check your event viewer to see what happens in the System log prior to it shutting down.

Also check your power settings to see if the system is set to Sleep or Hibernate. I have this issue - when the computer attempts to sleep, it just shuts down because it can't/won't sleep. I think it's something to do with the power state settings on my mobo (Auto instead of S3) but haven't gotten around to checking it yet.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/11669-unexplained-reboots-rc7100.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I really don't know if this is in the right forum because I really don't know what the root of the problem is TL DR My laptop has symptoms of overheating Unexplained stumps Overheat(?) Best Buy forced shutdown delay before it will restart but the temp is well within normal parameters AND it only happens when playing some games that are NOT the most cpu or graphics intensive games I use My machine Asus G Jh laptop Windows -bit Home Premium SP ATI Mobility Radeon HD Intel Core i Q GHz GB RAM A couple Unexplained Overheat(?) stumps Best Buy months ago a new indy game called Magicka caused the symptoms I listed above I thought it was a one-time thing caused by inexperienced programmers making a game in their basement until it started happening every time I tried to play either Magicka or L D online with friends Now consistently within - minutes of online gameplay the forced sudden shutdown occurs Unexplained Overheat(?) stumps Best Buy This does not happen with Supreme Commander Sins of a Solar Empire EVE or the other dozen games I play many of which are much more cpu and or graphics intensive than those listed above When the shutdown does occur the laptop does not feel hot at all it can get much hotter doing other things and no shutdown occurs I took it to Best Buy since I bought it there and according to them all hardware seemed fine and all they could find were a few viruses Suprise suprise when I brought it home it was still borked Right before the shutdowns started happening EVERY time I played those games I also had a very strange anti-virus related slow-down problem than was resolved to my bewilderment by uninstalling the program I can go into in detail if anyone thinks it would help PLEASE don't make me hand my computer back to Best Buy so they can send it away for a MONTH ' Any suggestions at all are very much appreciated Thanks a lot in advance

A:Unexplained Overheat(?) stumps Best Buy

What program was it that you uninstalled?

Does the laptop feel hot to the touch anywhere on it when this happens. Usually this will be near the touchpad or anywhere along the wrist rest.

Are you running it on a soft surface when this happens, like a bed, couch, your lap? Despite the name, a laptop really should be on a hard surface when used. The air vents are on the bottom and can easily get blocked on a soft surface. You are also more likely to get lint into the fans and heat sinks from fabric surfaces.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unexplained-overheat-stumps-best-buy-564449.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I have recently stutter graphics Unexplained found while playing my favourite game that I get stutter at spots where I don t normally get any I can CTRL F within game to see FPS I can see I am getting say Unexplained graphics stutter FPS and running smooth then I ll hit this stutter but my FPS do not change I get full FPS before during and after the stutter It isn t like a fps slideshow more like a s B Unexplained graphics stutter amp W film where it s noticeably less than perfectly fluid yet smooth enough to still know what s going on I ve tried updated drivers to no avail Defrag didn t help either I ve asked a couple IT guys I know and they have no clue I had it mentioned about moving my pagefile location but this game is on my ext drive and the pagefile I assume is on my OS drive Anybody have any suggestions Oh I ve done virus and spyware checks and found nothing I have a reasonable enough spec d PC to run this game The game in reference here is GT Legends PC spec in signature nbsp

A:Unexplained graphics stutter

Is this the same problem as your other post? It gets confusing when you post the same question more than once.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unexplained-graphics-stutter.106749/
Relevancy 38.27%

having unexplained temp files being created in the windows/temp directory when using internet explorer, numbers in the thousands.

A:unexplained temp files

Large numbers of temp files is very common, IMO even worse when you shop online. The temps should be cleaned on on a regular basis, you can use "disk Cleanup" in accessories or like many of us use an automatic cleaning program.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/306877/unexplained-temp-files/
Relevancy 38.27%

Greetings Guys, Been a bit since ive been on the forums. I would trouble shoot the dump files myself but don't have debugging tools installed, and been working Alot.

The Issue has happened 3 times now, all of which i was out of the room. Only thing running at the time was Browsers. No games.. BSOD Infront of me this past time while i was just browsing the web on Comodo Dragon (alot like firefox).

Ive ran Driver Verifier and didn't notice any obvious driver issues. Havn't been able to open the dumps to debug them.

Just need one of you to help debug the Dump to give me a direction, and i should be able to fix the issue.

Regards, Tony

A:BSOD Unexplained, While Sleeping

Tony, you try updating your display driver. It crashed.

Code:
fffff880`0311d098 fffff880`04a2b9e4Unable to load image atikmdag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys
atikmdag+0x3c39e4
-------------------------------
lmvm atikmpag
start end module name
fffff880`03ecb000 fffff880`03f25000 atikmpag (deferred)
Image path: atikmpag.sys
Image name: atikmpag.sys
Timestamp: Fri Apr 06 06:40:44 2012 (4F7E4294)
CheckSum: 0005A52D
ImageSize: 0005A000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Get it from AMD Graphics Drivers & Software

Let us know the results.

Also, upload your MSINFO32.nfo file.
Click on the start button
Type "msinfo32" (without quotes) in the search bar of the start menu, click the resulting link. It will open the System Information window.
File>Save. In the "File Name" filed, put "MSINFO32" (without Quote), give the save location to desktop, and click the "save" button.
Give the time for processing, it will save a .nfo file on your desktop.
Zip it, and upload it following the instruction.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/262270-bsod-unexplained-while-sleeping.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I haven't been here in a long long long time I had to log my at Unexplained, Freezes, Im end. wits in with one of the very first passwords I used online This is my last ditch Freezes, Unexplained, Im at my wits end. attempt to get some help My current computer runs vista bit Sp Now I know vista is horrible for some people but disabling UAC and stripping down back to the windows startmenu disabling some of the annoying parts of vista years ago really helped Anyway for the past years she has been a great little computer the best ive ever owned But over the past months has been going wrong with it It freezes randomly without justification The freezes are hard lockouts the screen is locked videos stop player sounds loop on themselves the mouse sticks I cant use ctrl alt del alt f tab anything to get a response Even leaving it for hours once it froze while I was Freezes, Unexplained, Im at my wits end. asleep to the dismay of my girlfriend who was trying to play minecraft There are no error messages no faulty part warnings in device manager no BSOD no quot your graphics card driver has crashed quot nothing it just freezes I could be playing Freezes, Unexplained, Im at my wits end. a game freeze watching video freeze or even doing nothing at all- FREEZE First I did the basics I ran an Avira virus scan adaware and malaware antibytes As expected none of them came out badly Then I tried cleaning the case of dust pushing the ram into its slots incase it was loose that didnt work So I did a ram test came out clear chkdisk came out clear tried rolling back with system restore to undo windows updates That seemed to work for a time but I was never sure if that was it pass by a month started freezing again thought it was heat so I upped the fanspeed on my GPU updated its drivers lasted a WHOLE DAY then froze again right when I thought it would work Tried to run a chkdisk it made it through stages and over half the files on c before a poweroutage stopped it Booted up just fine but the scan didnt find any problems Actually though that time it was more then normal I couldnt run any file that I had running at the time of my last crash before the chkdisk IE Opera MSN Skype Excel all wouldnt work I ended up having to load up IE bit just to get online I then reset the computer and everything worked fine again Dont worry opera is my main browser not IE IE was only open to use an old site that doesnt run well with newer browsers I dont even know if ill be able to get this post up before it freezes again or if it will just ug My specs are as follows ASUS P NE-SLI Intel Conroe Q G Apacer Seagate G SATA MB GTS Gigabyte Asus SATA X DVD Burner AOPEN SATA X DVD Burner DVI WS Proview LB - ms Logitech X Black M Floppy Disk Drive m Coolermaster System Case Fan Noctura Cooler that special edition one with the two fans Antec T P Trio W Antec Nine-Hundred Vista Home Premium bit I may add more to this post later but right now I am paranoid it will freeze again and I will lose all ive wrote I know diagnosing a freezing problem is hell but please please if you have any ideas that I havent tried please help me I havent had a serious computer problem ever since the last time I posted here I dont even know if thsi place is still as active as it was before but I need your help Please

A:Freezes, Unexplained, Im at my wits end.

freezing and hanging is usually down to ram or heat.

download memtest86 burn to disc, take out 1 stick of ram and then boot from the memtest disc and test for atleast 7 passes then swap sticks and test again.

download CPUID hardware monitor and tell us your temps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/freezes-unexplained-im-at-my-wits-end-634196.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I keep getting sporadic KERNEL DATA INPAGE BSOD's it happens randomly maybe once a week there's no particular pattern the computer could be under heavy load or sitting idle it leads to a BSOD all the same The same thing was happening with my old machine but since then I've bought a new motherboard cpu ram graphics card SSD amp PSU I've re-installed windows onto the SSD drive barely a week ago and it seemd as if things were working fine but an KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR BSOD's Unexplained hour ago it bluescreened again I have a fair number six hard-drives in the machine but after running manufacturer tests on them they all show up fine I've also run virus scans on all media using Spybot Avira and MalwareBytes OS - Vista Windows Windows x -bit or x x What was original installed OS on system Windows Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer Retail Age of system hardware months Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS days CPU Unexplained KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR BSOD's i - k Video Card nVidia Geforce Ti MotherBoard ASUS P Z -V PRO Power Supply - brand amp wattage Corsair W System Manufacturer Scratch built

A:Unexplained KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR BSOD's

There's no crashdumps, nor are there events in the syslog stating bugchecks have occurred. This means - if you are seeing BSODs - that something has caused disk I/O to your system disk to fail that would prevent it not only from generating the crashdump, but also from writing to the syslog about the event.

In the syslog, there is one report from Feb 16 saying that an NTFS issue occurred on volume S: that could not be recovered. To add, it's been stating several times that \Device\Harddisk8\DR9 has detected an error during a paging operation. That coincides with your KERNEL_INPAGE_ERROR that you're experiencing.

If you said you replaced the SSD Windows is on and it's still having troubles, is it the same exact brand and model of SSD? Have you tried updating the firmware on it as well as drivers for your motherboard chipset?

The only potential suspects that would be able to consistently cause these issues is drive failure of the system drive (or the one holding the paging file if it has been set to something else) or drive controller failure. The updates will ensure we're not dealing with a driver incompatibility issue as well as taking care of any bugs in the SSD firmware (which happens often with SSDs).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/unexplained-kernel_data_inpage_error-bsods-631703.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi there Over the past week I have begun to have annoying pop-ups display themselves while I am using the computer Usually these direct themselves to a WinAntiSpyware page or to a url cpv page They are fairly infrequent but just often enough to get Pop-ups, Unexplained Smitfraud Or Maybe Vundo on my nerves I have tried everything in my power to get rid of them I have used Spybot Ad-Aware Spyware Begone and XSoft Unexplained Pop-ups, Maybe Smitfraud Or Vundo Spy SE None of these have done the trick I have also used FixVundo and the Symantec Vundo Remover again to no avail Interestingly every now and then maybe every half an hour my taskbar changes from the normal XP type Unexplained Pop-ups, Maybe Smitfraud Or Vundo blue bar to the grey Windows type bar and then back to the XP type by iteself I have no idea why this is happening Also it appears as though something malware or not is downloading large volumes of data After a bit of trial and error I have found that it is something running the svchost exe process that is downloading the data as when I block this in ZoneAlarm the downloads stop Here is my log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer Unexplained Pop-ups, Maybe Smitfraud Or Vundo v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS system cisvc exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINDOWS mHotkey exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC spywarebegone SpywareBeGone exeC Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files Startup Faster sfAgent exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC WINDOWS system cidaemon exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader AcroRd exeC WINDOWS system DllHost exeC Documents and Settings Owner My Documents My Received Files hijackthis hijackthis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localO - HKLM Run StartupFaster quot C Program Files Startup Faster StrpFstCfg exe quot -run SFAURUN SFCURUN SFAUSTARTUP SFCUSTARTUPO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Use as amp Display Picture - C Program Files IEDP IEDP htmO - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra button Bonjour - F DB C-E - ca -A D-ACC - C Program Files Bonjour ExplorerPlugin dllO - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLLO - Extra button Share in Hello - B B - - cfc-A B -C D CB - C Program Files Hello PicasaCapture dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Share in H amp ello - B B - - cfc-A B -C D CB - C Program Files Hello PicasaCapture dllO - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c program files bonjour mdns... Read more

A:Unexplained Pop-ups, Maybe Smitfraud Or Vundo

Duplicate. You already have a topic here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/94590/unexplained-pop-ups-maybe-smitfraud-or-vundo/So this topic is closed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/94591/unexplained-pop-ups-maybe-smitfraud-or-vundo/
Relevancy 38.27%

I recently built myself a new desktop, and it's working great except for one hitch. It will lock up for 30 seconds to a minute when performing certain actions, and for some time after startup.

For example...

Turn computer on.
Login
Wait 3 minutes (Used to be no wait)(Sometimes the computer just turns off at this step)
Double click on Firefox. (50% chance the computer will freeze for 1 minute.)
Go to Facebook (100% chance of freeze if I go here....)
Works fine from here on.

It's been getting progressively worse too. It didn't do it at all for the first few weeks. And just today it started turning off at the login screen. There is no BSOD, no error box.

Anyone have any ideas?

P.S. - I have ubuntu running on a separate partition, and there are no issues at all.

A:Unexplained system slowdowns

I suppose it would help if I added my system specs >.<

Intel I7 920
Radeon HD 5750
Corsair Dominator 6GB (3 X 2gb)
Western Digital 500 GB HDD
GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R LGA 1366

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/unexplained-system-slowdowns-492811.html
Relevancy 38.27%

My computer blue screen s occasionally Traditionally it will blue screen while the computer is idle and I m away from it so I do Blue Screen Unexplained not always get a chance to note down the STOP number It wasn t interfering Unexplained Blue Screen with my work while I was active on the machine so I just accepted it and moved on However as of late Unexplained Blue Screen this has becoming more of an issue and I have no idea how to solve it I m aware that when my computer stops unexpectedly it creates a dmp file in the C Windows Minidump folder but I am unsure how to go about reading these files or what to do with them if I could read them I suppose my First question is how do I access dmp files so that I could show them to the people of this forum who might be able to read interpret them I am currently running Windows Home Additionally I have recently run memtest and it found no problems however I have noticed that my computer does not blue screen as often while I am running my minecraft server which it allocated two gigabytes of RAM nbsp

Relevancy 38.27%

Hi Annie here I run a Pentium IV DDR OS is XP Pro SP A couple of months ago when I ran ad-aware it processes in increase Unexplained always consistently showed running processes Now the last Unexplained increase in processes few weeks the number of running processes Unexplained increase in processes has been increasing I always shut everything down before running the test The latest has shown processes running I m confused I ve ran Hijack this and include it here Would someone be so kind as to have a peek and see if they see anything out of the ordinary Thank you Annie Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Messenger Plus MsgPlus exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgserv exe C WINDOWS System cisvc exe C WINDOWS runservice exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System cidaemon exe C Documents and Settings Annie Desktop Downloads hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http chat msn com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run MessengerPlus quot C Program Files Messenger Plus MsgPlus exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Messenger HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Yahoo Messenger HKLM O - Extra button Popup Eliminator HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Popup Eliminator HKLM O - Extra button ICQ Lite HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem ICQ Lite HKLM O - Extra button Related HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Show amp Related Links HKLM O - Extra button Messenger HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Messenger HKLM O - DPF EEF - D- E C-B BF-EA ACF eXperience webchat X CHAT - http www x chat com X CHAT cab O - DPF - F - BB - D -FA D F A AB YInstStarter Class - http download yahoo com dl installs yinst cab O - DPF D D - - D -BDCD- C F A B HouseCall Control - http a g akamai net housecall antivirus com housecall xscan cab O - DPF A D - DF - B - DD -BFCD CEE - http www surfsecret com inst PEInstaller exe O - DPF E B A -FE - D -B -D B A CustomerCtrl Class - http cs b instantservice com jars customerxsigned cab O - DPF A D- F - D-B - B BDE FA MSN File Upload Control - http sc groups msn com controls FileUC MsnUpld cab O - DPF F C AA- B- -BA - A BB F Update Class - http v windowsupdate microsoft com CAB x unicode iuctl CAB O - DPF AE C E - - D - B F- C F EF HeartbeatCtl Class - http fdl msn com zone datafiles heartbeat cab O - DPF C DFA -A - D -AA - C F DAEB MSN Photo Upload Tool - http sc groups msn com controls PhotoUC MsnPUpld cab O - DPF CA DCC-A - -B F- F C E C Downloader Class - https www stopzilla com download Auto Installer dwnldr cab O - DPF D F BE - - D-A B- A D F X NickReg UserControl - http www x chat com X NICKREG cab O - DPF F E CEF-A - C -BA E- CAF EE C MSN Chat Control - http fdl msn com public chat msnchat cab nbsp

A:Unexplained increase in processes

well i wouldnt worry about the increase personally. if its not adware, its probably not harming your computer. open the task manager and check if they are using alot of your usage %. if they are at zero or 1-2, they can probablly be ignored; they arent effecting the way your system runs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unexplained-increase-in-processes.213742/
Relevancy 38.27%

For no reason at all, or at least it seems to me, no matter what i am doing my system will suddenly restart. ive run avg and spybot, but thay have not fixed the problems. also on statup i get a rundll error, something about wild tangent, which i remember spybot flagging on last run. any help or suggestions?

A:Unexplained sysytem crashes

Sounds like your power supply might be going out. Back up your data files if you haven't, and have the hardware checked out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unexplained-sysytem-crashes.313263/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi there Pop-ups, Maybe Smitfraud Unexplained Or Vundo Over the past week I have begun to have annoying pop-ups display themselves while I am using the computer Usually these direct themselves to a WinAntiSpyware page or to a url cpv page They are fairly infrequent but just often enough to get on my nerves I have tried everything in my power to get rid of them I have used Spybot Ad-Aware Spyware Begone and XSoft Spy SE None of these have done the trick I have also used FixVundo and the Symantec Vundo Remover again to no avail Interestingly every now and then maybe every half an hour my taskbar changes from the normal XP type blue bar to the grey Windows type bar and then back to the XP type by iteself I have no idea why this is happening Also it appears as though something malware or not is downloading large volumes of data After a bit of trial and error I have found that it is something running the svchost exe process that is downloading the data as when I block this in ZoneAlarm the downloads stop Here is my log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Unexplained Pop-ups, Maybe Smitfraud Or Vundo Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS system cisvc exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINDOWS mHotkey exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC spywarebegone SpywareBeGone exeC Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files Startup Faster sfAgent exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC WINDOWS system cidaemon exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader AcroRd exeC WINDOWS system DllHost exeC Documents and Settings Owner My Documents My Received Files hijackthis hijackthis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localO - HKLM Run StartupFaster quot C Program Files Startup Faster StrpFstCfg exe quot -run SFAURUN SFCURUN SFAUSTARTUP SFCUSTARTUPO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Use as amp Display Picture - C Program Files IEDP IEDP htmO - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra button Bonjour - F DB C-E - ca -A D-ACC - C Program Files Bonjour ExplorerPlugin dllO - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLLO - Extra button Share in Hello - B B - - cfc-A B -C D CB - C Program Files Hello PicasaCapture dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Share in H amp ello - B B - - cfc-A B -C D CB - C Program Files Hello PicasaCapture dllO - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c program files bonjour mdnsnsp dllO - ProtocolDefaults 'http' protocol is in My Computer Zone should be Internet Zone H... Read more

A:Unexplained Pop-ups, Maybe Smitfraud Or Vundo

Welcome to the BleepingComputer HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum norrisguy My name is Richie and i'll be helping you to fix your problems.Please download VundoFix.exe to your desktop.Double-click VundoFix.exe to run it.When VundoFix re-opens,click the "Scan for Vundo" button.Once it's done scanning,click the "Remove Vundo" button.You will receive a prompt asking if you want to remove the files, click "YES".Once you click yes, your desktop will go blank as it starts removing Vundo.When completed,it will prompt that it will reboot your computer,click "OK".Post the contents of C:\vundofix.txt into your next reply.Note: It is possible that VundoFix encountered a file it could not remove.In this case,VundoFix will run on reboot,simply follow the above instructions starting from "Click the Scan for Vundo button." when VundoFix appears at reboot.******************Please download Combofix and save to your desktop:http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/Beta/ComboFix.exeNote: It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop Close any open browsers. Double click on combofix.exe and follow the prompts. When it's finished it will produce a log. Post the C:\ComboFix.txt into your next reply. Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause the program to freeze/hang. Now go to: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Received Files\hijackthis\hijackthis.exeRight click on Hijackthis.exe and select 'Rename', rename it to xyz.batDouble click on xyz.bat(which is still Hijackthis.exe),post that log into your next reply please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/94590/unexplained-pop-ups-maybe-smitfraud-or-vundo/
Relevancy 38.27%

I have a computer that is using 80% processor time and creating a lot of internet traffic. I have attached the DDS log. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Frank

A:Unexplained internet traffic

Welcome to the BleepingComputer Forums. Since it has been a few days since you scanned your computer with HijackThis, we will need a new HijackThis log. If you have not already downloaded Random's System Information Tool (RSIT), please download Random's System Information Tool (RSIT) by random/random which includes a HijackThis log and save it to your desktop. If you have RSIT already on your computer, please run it again. Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT. Click Continue at the disclaimer screen. Please post the contents of log.txt. Thank you for your patience.Please see Preparation Guide for use before posting about your potential Malware problem. If you have already posted this log at another forum or if you decide to seek help at another forum, please let us know. There is a shortage of helpers and taking the time of two volunteer helpers means that someone else may not be helped. Please post your HijackThis log as a reply to this thread and not as an attachment. I am always leery of opening attachments so I always request that HijackThis logs are to be posted as a reply to the thread. I do not think that you are attaching anything scary but others may do so. While we are working on your HijackThis log, please: Reply to this thread; do not start another! Do not make any changes on your computer during the cleaning process or download/add programs on your computer unless instructed to do so. Do not run any other tool until instructed to do so! Let me know if any of the links do not work or if any of the tools do not work. Tell me about problems or symptoms that occur during the fix. Do not run any other programs or open any other windows while doing a fix. Ask any questions that you have regarding the fix(es), the infection(s), the performance of your computer, etc.Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/190069/unexplained-internet-traffic/
Relevancy 38.27%

I am realizing a huge security risk with my computer.

The root of both of my partitions (C:\ and D:\) keep being set to shared. This is a massive securty risk becuase it gives access to the whole drive. I just realized this a few minutes ago. Yesterday, I noticed that they were both shared, so I disabed sharing for the whole drive. But today, I went there again, and they were set to shared.

Is it possible that my computer is being hacked, or is this just a crappy windows default?

I am running windows 2000 professional SP4. I am using a wired internet, but none the less, the security risk is there.

Relevancy 38.27%

Well, I got this unexplained error: somebody I know wrote me something on a few CD-RWs using (the latest, I think) Nero with a Plextor and we don't know why we got this error...

There is no error report when burning, but when trying to read from the CD-RWs it's only possible till something like 45%, then I got a strange "Invalid MS-DOS function" error...

I tried to play a movie beyond that point and it worked... It seems to be just some error in the middle, always on CD-RW, but never on simple CDs.

Could that Plextor malfunction?

A:unexplained CD-RW error in the middle

"MS-DOS" function? What are you playing the things with?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unexplained-cd-rw-error-in-the-middle.38229/
Relevancy 38.27%

I really don't know if this is in the right forum because Overheat(?) Best stumps Buy Unexplained I really don't know what the root of the problem is TL DR My laptop has symptoms of overheating forced shutdown delay before it will restart but the temp is well within normal parameters AND it only happens when playing some games that are NOT the most cpu or graphics intensive games I use My machine Asus G Jh laptop Windows -bit Home Premium SP ATI Mobility Radeon HD Intel Core i Q GHz GB RAM A couple months ago a new indy game called Magicka caused the symptoms I listed above I thought it was a one-time thing caused by inexperienced programmers making a game in their basement until it started happening every time I tried to play either Magicka or L D online with friends Now consistently within - minutes of online gameplay the forced sudden shutdown occurs This does not happen with Supreme Commander Sins of a Solar Empire EVE or the other dozen games I play many of which are much more cpu and or graphics intensive than those listed above When the Unexplained Overheat(?) stumps Best Buy shutdown does occur the laptop does not feel hot at all it can get much hotter doing other things and no shutdown occurs I took it to Best Buy since I bought it there and according to them all hardware seemed fine and all they could find were a Unexplained Overheat(?) stumps Best Buy few viruses Suprise suprise when I brought it home it was still borked Right before the shutdowns started happening EVERY time I played those games I also had a very strange anti-virus related slow-down problem than was resolved to my bewilderment by uninstalling the program I can go into in detail if anyone thinks it would help PLEASE don't make me hand my computer back to Best Buy so they can send it away for a MONTH ' Any suggestions at all are very much appreciated Thanks a lot in advance

A:Unexplained Overheat(?) stumps Best Buy

Please upload a report as there is information included in it that can help diagnose your problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/155679-unexplained-overheat-stumps-best-buy.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I installed Windows 7 Home Premium the last week of October. Since then I have had two experiences where during a restart Windows gave me a screen that says Windows could not start and sent me into the system recovery mode. Prior to this there was no error message or indications of a problem. The first failure was fixed after about an hour without a system restore. The second required a system restore. Anyone else had this experience?

A:Unexplained boot failure

Quote: Originally Posted by Jimfof1913

I installed Windows 7 Home Premium the last week of October. Since then I have had two experiences where during a restart Windows gave me a screen that says Windows could not start and sent me into the system recovery mode. Prior to this there was no error message or indications of a problem. The first failure was fixed after about an hour without a system restore. The second required a system restore. Anyone else had this experience?

It sounds like you may have some corrupted files. Go to search type in cmd from an administrators account, and in cmd type this sfc /scannow. It should help clear up the corruption.

If you still have a problem install your windows DVD and then boot up. Do this 3 times, selecting the repair option. Hopefully, your problems will be resolved.

Doing a system restore will not help if the corruption occured during installation. SR can temporarily cover up the problem.

Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/50341-unexplained-boot-failure.html
Relevancy 38.27%

So my Windows Vista seems to getting a performance drop every minute or so At first I thought it was the infamous 'Vista trying to find a better wireless networks' but drop. performance Unexplained I've tested it wired with the wireless card disabled and the service disabled I try wireless wired offline and still I get the performance drop Next I try and see if anything is hogging the CPU amp memory but when the lag occurs there Unexplained performance drop. isn't any significant change So now I try and kill any unnecessary processes and services to see if anything was slowing it down I managed to get down to the bare essentials Heh not even having sound or explorer exe but it still manages to lag on half life I made sure my powerplan was set to high performance Tried it on balanced powersaver same result I scanned for viruses using Avast but nothing came up perhaps I should try it Unexplained performance drop. with another Anti virus I really don't know whats happening whatever it is it's stopping me from playing games watching films and all sorts gt lt Help please

A:Unexplained performance drop.

hi when did you last run the clean up tool or defrag the hdd that should be of some help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unexplained-performance-drop-372787.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello Such Connections Unexplained Popups, And For a Popups, Unexplained Connections And Such couple of weeks now I have received a few troubles on the old Popups, Unexplained Connections And Such PC Nothing big just a few pop-ups but when I boot up my computer I do get a lot of unexplained connections to the internet Not that I think I have dialers - they only connect to my home internet connection - but I don't know what's calling them to do so Following visiting this site and carrying out the instructions given in the stickied topics I seem to have dealt with the so-called 'security fixes' and 'antivirus software' balloons in the system tray however I still fear for my PC and hope you can help me deal with any other problems possibly more serious that may be left in my system A quick list of symptoms - the ones in brackets have been fixed - Unexplained internet explorer 'clicking' noises - Regular popups for 'antivirus' software fake I know and occasionally obscene websites -Inability to open Windows Explorer browser and related programs control panel etc- Unexplained dialing to my internet connection I think this is fixed - Randomly appearing 'trial' 'antivirus' software and forced setups I think this is fixed Amongst other minor things Here is my log - please inform me of any entries I should remove I know Ares is still there but I can't get to the control panel to add remove programs Thanks in advance-CheeseweaselLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Sygate SPF smc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C webserver Apache bin Apache exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C webserver Apache bin Apache exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system sessmgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Medion Info Display MdionLCM exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files ASUS WLAN Card Utilities Center exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C webserver Apache bin ApacheMonitor exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www wanadoo co uk iesearch default htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www wanadoo co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Wanadoo O - Toolbar Wanadoo - B D- FD- -B C- A F EE - C PROGRA Wanadoo WSBar WSBar dll file missing O - Toolbar EPSON Web-To-Page - EE D F- B- - D-C B AAEBA D - C Program Files EPSON EPSON Web-To-Page EPSON Web-To-Page dll O - HKLM Run MedionVFD C Program Files Medion Info Display MdionLCM exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run WinampAgent C Program Files Winamp winampa exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe -atboottime O - HKLM Run Control Center C Program Files ASUS WLAN Card Utilities Center exe O - HKLM Run fypkdqda rundll exe C Program Files apcbijgh ynalypmv dll Init O - HKLM Run SystemOptimizer rundll exe ... Read more

A:Popups, Unexplained Connections And Such

Welcome to the BleepingComputer HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum cheeseweasel My name is Richie and i'll be helping you to fix your problems.First of all you've no virus protection installed.Download\install one of the following freeware options from the choice below.Once installed update its definitions and then run a full system virus scan.AVG7 Free Edition Antivirus:http://free.grisoft.com/softw/70free/setup...ree_446a965.exeAvast! 4 Home Edition: http://files.avast.com/iavs4pro/setupeng.exeAvira AntiVir Personal Edition Classic http://www.free-av.com/Download Combofix and save to your desktop:Note: It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop Close any open browsers. Double click on combofix.exe and follow the prompts. When it's finished it will produce a log. Post the entire contents of C:\ComboFix.txt into your next reply. Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause the program to freeze/hang. Do NOT post the ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt unless I ask.Now go to: C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exeRight click on Hijackthis.exe and select 'Rename', rename it to abc.batDouble click on abc.bat(which is still Hijackthis.exe),post that log into your next reply please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/105860/popups-unexplained-connections-and-such/
Relevancy 38.27%

Need help before doing a full system restore For no apparent reason my desktop has started freezing up If Unexplained freeze computer up I attempt to run any program that is process intense such as a game or virus scan the system freezes up It will not respond to anything other than a forced reboot of the computer Ctrl Alt and Delete have no effect on the system There is also no specific place or file where the system freezes All I can tell you is virus and spyware scans are not possible They freeze up every time Something I think might be interesting to note is the fans Unexplained computer freeze up on the system I am running four case fans video card fan power supply fan and processor fan sounds like a testing tunnel at my desk Every time the system freezes the pitch of the fan noise changes sounds as if the fans lose power to them I tried to run AV Unexplained computer freeze up in safe mode and still had the freeze up problem I would love to post a HJT log but it does not have a chance to finish before freezing up Since there was no warning of a virus is it possible my processor is about to give up I was able to pull off a CWS shredder scan It came back as clean I attempted another AV scan and open the Task manager to watch the CPU usage It fluctuated between all the way up to When the system froze up the power meter was registering CPU usage Does anyone else have any ideas Thanks Gary nbsp

A:Unexplained computer freeze up

Last night I was able to run a virus scan of my c: drive. When the AV moved over to the secondary drive, the system locked up. It seems odd that the system freezes on a different file everytime. I downloaded a registry cleaning tool and ran it. Many items were cleaned or removed, but this did not solve the problem. When I ran the registry scan a second time, the system locked down again. What is a good motherboard and CPU diagnostics program? I am scared one of these items is beginning to fail on me, based on the CPU usage while running a simple AV scan.

If I am barking up the wrong tree, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks

Gary

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unexplained-computer-freeze-up.429665/
Relevancy 38.27%

I have 2Gb of ram, things are initially ok (about 40% ram usage idle), but whenever the computer is left on for a decent period of time (say 2-3 hours), this usage sky-rockets to 80%+ during idle for no obvious reason.
I've 3 screenshots: