Windows Support Forum

Upgrading my PC for better gaming

Q: Upgrading my PC for better gaming

Hello

I'm really new to the tech/computer world, and know next to nothing about graphics cards. I was wondering if someone could help me figure out what graphics card I can upgrade my computer to. I have purchased the new Alien: Isolation game and would actually like to play it, I'm also ready to actually play a game smoothly without it freezing or lagging all the time.

Here's what computer I have so far as I know

HP-Pavilion

System Model: VD010AA-ABU p6126uk
Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002)
Processor: AMD Phenom 9650 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
Memory: 4094 MB Ram
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series
Chip Type: ATI display adaptor (0x954F)

now I know NOTHING about computers so apologies if the is any irrelevant info here or maybe even some missing please let me know

Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Upgrading my PC for better gaming

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Upgrading my PC for better gaming

Hey Darkeerantis what is your PSU (name and type or at least wattage). What is your MB (again name and type). How much free room you have in your case. What is your budget and desired performance.

Btw. your CPU isn't very powerful and the whole setup seems dated you might consider upgrading the whole rig.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-my-pc-for-better-gaming.207396/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi and thxs for entering to this topic. plz help me looking for the best or very good gaming parts for my pc try to make my pc operative for 100% games at max setts.
My pc now is way outdated, i only have $1600.

PC specs now:
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 Dual Cpu 1.60ghz perfomance rate at 2.4ghz
Mainbord: Intel D945gcnl
Memory:1016mb (1gb)
Video Card: Intel 82945g (128mb) is almost not having a video card
Hard Drive: 160gb

A:Help me upgrading my not for gaming pc to a gaming pc!

if what you are saying is that you want to upgrade your old machine....i would not attempt to do do that. with $1600 you can build a gaming behemoth that will play anything on max settings. this is about $1100 which leaves you plenty for a 24" monitor and CD/DVD drive if you need them. you could also add a SSD if you want to improve load times as well. The GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD4P also has 2 PCIE slots for a future Crossfire/SLI upgrade. Also, if your not in a huge hurry, you might want to wait until March to see how the GF100's perform.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128409
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115215
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161301
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139006
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835242001
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145260
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148433
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129021

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-me-upgrading-my-not-for-gaming-pc-to-a-gaming-pc.141913/
Relevancy 51.17%

I want to upgrade my PC for gaming, I want to be able to run big games on atleast high settings. (Saints Row The Third, Call Of Duty, APB Reloaded, etc)
My budget it $600.

My current specs are

DA061/078L-AM3 Motherboard
7GB DDR3 RAM 1333 Speed I think (something like that, had a bunch of 3's..)
AMD Anthlon(tm) II X3 425 2.7ghz Processor
Integrated Graphics

First I planned to just upgrade the GPU and PSU, but then I heard my processor might slow me down, and bottleneck the GPU, so I need to know if i'll be fine with this CPU, will it run smoothly?
If not, can I upgrade the CPU on this board? if so what should I upgrade to?

The GPU I planned on getting was Radeon HD 6850.

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi Guys !!

I have a $1000 budget to upgrade my gaming computer.

I will upgrade this components:
- RAM memory
- VideoCard
- Motherboard
- CPU

At the moment these are my specs:

Ram - 1 GB 2x512 corsair XMS PRO
CPU - 2.0 Ghz AMD64 x2 3800+
videocard - BFG 7800 GT
Motherboard - Asus A8N sli premium
Anyone have any ideas to help me meet my budget?

Thanks so much

A:upgrading my gaming rig

Welcome to TSG,

1 GB is not enough to run newer games. I recommend 2 GB or RAM?.

Also 7800 is pretty fine for me, but I doubt that it'll run games on high settings such as crysis, bioshock or others.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrading-my-gaming-rig.642322/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a S5-1224 HP which shows 2.8GHz processor & 6.0 RAM. I would like to run a flight simulator game. The game shows minimum system reqiurment of Dual core 2.5 GHz or faster, 4 GB RAM & Video card with at least 1 GB VRAM. Can my system be upgraded to run this? If so what would I need to buy and install? Thanks for any help. Not very computer savy but can install hardware and memory.

A:Upgrading for minor gaming

First of all, lets start a necessary dialogue concerning your system.The slimline series is a small case. Adding graphic power will increase the need for a new power supply (PSU), and both will add to the thermal heat inside the smaller case.   Your limited to a standard called TFX power supplies.  Here is an example.   PLEASE only look  at the supply and the physical dimensions.  Next comes another important issue, your also limited to a standard called "Legacy" graphic cards.   Non-Legacy cards are called UEFI vBIOS (implimented Sept 2012),  and that means you can not use UEFI cards. Not knowing the requirements of your chosen flight sim game, I chose Slight Simulator X Gold Edition.  You can go here and do the Can I Run It   module.   Or use this site, and plug in the game's name.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Upgrading-for-minor-gaming/td-p/5729862
Relevancy 50.31%

hey all,

i just got a free laptop from a friend of mine, it's an "Acer Extensa 5513WLMI"

What i want to do with it is to upgrade it for gaming, so my question is would it be worth it to upgrade the laptop for some gaming, or just buy a new one xD ? and if its better to upgrade any ideas what would be good for it and at a low budget ?

Current Specs:

- 2Gb Ram
- Intel core 2 duo T5500 1.66ghz
- Intel Media Accelerator 950 [Gfx]
- 120 gb HDD

Acer Extensa 5513WLMI - Tech-specs <-- link for better specs.

A:Upgrading a laptop for gaming?

I would sell it and put the money towards a budget gaming PC. It takes a very specific laptop to play games on, and they are all VERY expensive. The few things you could upgrade on that aren't worth upgrading to be honest.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/272925-upgrading-laptop-gaming.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi, I'm looking to upgrade to a gaming computer. I'm just looking for a reasonable and a little above average computer for gaming. I'm not looking for Godlike! (pun ) computers for like Age of Conan or anything... Just a general computer that can play things decently (preferably CoD4 well) and to enhance my computer's running speed. It seems to make random slow downs and I suppose it's time for an upgrade. Also, I'm limited on money so I want to make this upgrade as cheap as possible.

As of now my hardware goes as follows...

Windows XP
1.00gb of Ram
Pentium D, 3.00 ghz
Nvidia Geforce 6600
ASUS Motherboard (whatever is compatible with D)

I suppose that my slowdowns result from my old Pentium D (2 years old) so I'm looking to replace that as my first priority.

Relevancy 50.31%

Hi,
i'm looking for some advice on what components of my standard HP Pavillion p6-2002uk desktop pc to upgrade which would give it better performance for playing games. I'm not the most clued up but I'm sure modifying what i currently have with some new hardware will be a lot cheaper than buy a lovely brand spanking new gaming pc!
I'm assuming getting a new graphics card would be beneficial etc. but i may be wrong which is where i need the help, also determining what is compatible.
Any assistance is appreciated.
Cheers

A:Upgrading my PC for better gaming performance

Here are my current specifications: click here

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/upgrading-my-pc-better-gaming-performance-4601223/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hey everyone Well I had a friend make this computer for for Upgrading gaming my computer me about two years ago Upgrading my computer for gaming and I just found out tonight that it has a single core processor I know what you re probably thinking How could this guy not realize this until two years later Well I ve been noticing decreased gaming performance for the last couple months ago probably because I ve been buying more graphic intensive Upgrading my computer for gaming games I m hoping to gear it up for the upcoming ff But i m also trying to spend a minimal amount of money The main thing I need to change i realize is the processor and I ve been doing the research and it seems that I ll need a new motherboard I d like to try to avoid that but if it comes to it I would like to keep my RAM and graphics card if possible It seems like a lot to juggle and I m really hoping someone will be able to offer me some guidance I ll list the hardware details below Motherboard ASUS box is labeled Jetway PT - North Bridge VIA PT Pro Revision South Bridge VIA VT Revision CPU CPU Name Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz CPU Code Name Prescott Vendor GenuineIntel Number of Bits Instruction Set MMX SSE SSE SSE XD Platform Name Socket LGA Memory Memory Summary Maximum Capacity MBytes Maximum Memory Module Size MBytes Memory Slots Error Correction None DRAM Frequency MHz Memory Timings - - - CL-RCD-RP-RAS Device Locator Slot Capacity MBytes Memory Type DDR PC Speed MHz Supported Frequencies MHz Memory Timings - - - - at MHz at volts CL-RCD-RP-RAS-RC Data Width bits EPP SPD Support No XMP SPD Support No Device Locator Slot Manufacturer Corsair Part Number VS GB C Capacity MBytes Memory Type DDR PC Speed MHz Supported Frequencies MHz MHz Memory Timings - - - - at MHz at volts CL-RCD-RP-RAS-RC Memory Timings - - - - at MHz at volts CL-RCD-RP-RAS-RC Data Width bits EPP SPD Support No XMP SPD Support No Device Locator Slot Manufacturer Corsair Part Number VS GB C Capacity MBytes Memory Type DDR PC Speed MHz Supported Frequencies MHz MHz Memory Timings - - - - at MHz at volts CL-RCD-RP-RAS-RC Memory Timings - - - - at MHz at volts CL-RCD-RP-RAS-RC Data Width bits EPP SPD Support No XMP SPD Support No Device Locator Slot Manufacturer Corsair Part Number VS GB C Capacity MBytes Memory Type DDR PC Speed MHz Supported Frequencies MHz MHz Memory Timings - - - - at MHz at volts CL-RCD-RP-RAS-RC Memory Timings - - - - at MHz at volts CL-RCD-RP-RAS-RC Data Width bits EPP SPD Support No XMP SPD Support No Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GS If there are any other specifications please don t hesitate to ask Again I m trying to look for a compatible processor dual core or even quad core for this mother board probably very unlikely or a motherboard that would fit my RAM and video card Thank you so much for your help and your time viewing my post nbsp

A:Upgrading my computer for gaming

I need more info about the motherboard because when doing a search for PT894-8237 or Asus PT894-8237 or even jetway PT894-8237, nothing comes up but the Via chipset.

But either way from those specs you gave me it looks like you have a Socket 775 Motherboard which is good because you can pick up a dual core or quad core for a decent price as you can see here,
http://ncix.com/products/index.php?minorcatid=106&subminorcatid=26
Keep in mind this is a Canadian Website so prices are in Canadian Currency but if you go to the checkout you can select American Currency if you are from the USA.

So This is what I would suggest to you. Buy a Dual Core Cpu (since very few if any games support quad core) And also buy a new Video card because yours is very underpowered for new higher end games & without upgrading both your not going to see much difference since the video card will be the bottleneck after you upgrade the cpu.

So as for a new video card I suggest something like the ATI 5770 which is a pretty good mid range card as you can see from here,
http://ncix.com/products/index.php?minorcatid=108

If your willing to get a higher end ATI card since they have the fastest video card out currently.

We also need to know the Brand/Model and watts of your power supply. Reason is because if you decide to also upgrade the video card you may also have to upgrade the Power Supply because it wont be strong enough to provide the added power a higher end video card is going to now draw from the Power Supply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrading-my-computer-for-gaming.902290/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have roughly $320 budget; Main upgrades I want - Mobo/Gcard/Ram/Heatsink (if possible a new case, have a stock gateway)
(Planning on keeping the CPU but willing to see all ways of upgrading)

Current Specs: (All Stock, no OC)
AMD Phenom II 925 Deneb 2.8 Ghz AM3 95W 6MB L3
Gigabyte GA-MA78GPM-DS2H (AM2+ Mobo)
4GB RAM (Not sure what brand, nothing special, stock with the old gateway)
Seagate Barracuda 7200 750GB HD
Saphire ATI Radeon HD 5770 (weird model, not one of the nicer versions Ive seen)
hec X-Power Pro 650W ATX 12v v2.2 / EPS 12v
I would like DDR3 ram or something on a usable cheap'ish mobo.

Relevancy 50.31%

Hey guys new here at TechSpot and I gotta say its amazing We all know as time goes by games become more demanding and I think its time for me to upgrade computer Upgrading gaming my computer I want it to be good enough to run new games like Homefront or Black Ops Here are my system specs Processor type Intel Pentium Intel Pentium D Intel Upgrading gaming computer Core Duo NOTE Not all Pentium processors support Hyper-Threading technology Level L cache KB Level L cache MB for Pentium XX processors with Hyper Threading MB for Pentium XX processors with Hyper Threading x MB for Pentium D XX processors with dual core x MB for Pentium D Upgrading gaming computer XX processors with dual core K for Celeron D XX processors MB for Intel Core E processors and earlier MB for Intel Core E processors and later Memory Type -MHz -MHz and -MHz dual DDR unbuffered SDRAM Memory connectors four Memory capacities MB MB or GB non-ECC Maximum memory GB NOTE See Addressing Memory With -GB Configurations to verify the amount of memory available to the operating system BIOS address F h Computer Information Chipset Intel G Express Chipset RAID Support RAID Mirroring DMA channels eight Interrupt levels BIOS chip NVRAM MB NIC integrated network interface capable of communication System clock -MHz -MHz or -MHz data rate Video Type integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X Intel GMA X PCI Express Audio Type Sigmatel Expansion Bus Bus type PCI PCI Express x and x Bus speed PCI MHz PCI Express x slot bidirectional speed - MB s x slot bidirectional speed - GB s PCI connectors two connector size pins connector data width maximum bits PCI Express connector one x connector size pins connector data width maximum PCI Express lane PCI Express connector one x connector size pins connector data width maximum PCI Express lanes Drives Externally accessible Bays two -inch drive bays one -inch drive bay FlexBay Available devices Serial ATA drives floppy drive USB memory devices CD DVD drive and Media Card Reader Internally accessible two bays for -inch high serial ATA hard drives Connectors External connectors Video -hole connector Network adapter RJ- connector USB two front-panel and six back-panel USB -compliant connectors Audio six connectors for support System board connectors Serial ATA SATA four -pin connectors FlexBay Drive one USB -pin header with one pin removed for keying for optional Media Card Reader -inch bay device Floppy drive one -pin connector Fan one -pin connector PCI two -pin connectors PCI Express x one -pin connector PCI Express x one -pin connector Controls and Lights Power button push button Power light green light Blinking green in sleep state solid green for power-on state amber light Blinking amber indicates a problem with the power supply inside the computer If the system cannot boot and there is a solid amber light a problem with the system board may exist see Power Lights Hard drive access light green Link integrity light on integrated network adapter green light A good connection exists between the network and the computer off no light The computer is not detecting a physical connection to the network Activity light on integrated network adapter yellow blinking light Diagnostic lights four lights on the front panel see Diagnostic Lights Standby power light STBYLED on the system board Power DC power supply Wattage W Maximum heat dissipation BTU hr Voltage see the safety instructions located in the Product Information Guide for important voltage setting information Manually selectable to V and to V at Hz Backup battery -V CR lithium coin cell Physical Height cm inches Width cm inches Depth cm inches Weight kg lb Environmental Temperature Operating to C to F Storage to C to F Relative humidity to noncondensing Maximum vibration Operating to Hz at G Hz Storage to Hz at to G Hz Maximum shock Operating G - with pulse duration of msec - equivalent to in sec cm sec Storage G - with pulse duration of msec - equivalent to in sec cm sec Altitude O... Read more

A:Upgrading gaming computer

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition - $199.99
GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 AM3 - $179.99
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 2 x 2GB DDR3 1600 - $64.99
SAPPHIRE 100312-1GSR Radeon HD 6950 1GB - $244.99
CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-650TX 650W - $89.99
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB - $64.99
COOLER MASTER RC-692-KKN3 CM690 II - $69.99

TOTAL - $914.93

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-gaming-computer.161760/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hey guys I'm a PC noob and wanting to upgrade my household PC to a gaming PC I'm just struggling with what I need to do this
Help appreciated

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/upgrading-home-pc-gaming-pc-4606818/
Relevancy 49.88%

Yes I am aware that this desktop has a load of problems but Upgrading Gaming? an for eMachines ET1831-03 I am wondering if there is any way I could upgrade the power supply and video card for this specific Upgrading an eMachines ET1831-03 for Gaming? desktop I am not aware of what may or may not be compatible I have no prior experience with computer stuffs But I know the contents of the computer I am aware that there was a topic about this posted a while ago but the stuff suggested was I think retired The games I play are I will list them from most recent to least recent -Smite -Osu -Left Dead -Interstellar Marines -Minecraft -I have other games but I don t remember what to list All I want to do is basically have a graphics card good enough to play the latest games I don t care about exceptional performance or anything I just want to play in the right resolution with fps on low-medium graphics Now remember I m clueless so if I don t know what I m saying then just know that I m trying to explain myself xD Now lets see my budget is - If it s lower than or a little more than then it s fine Thanks Oh and I m Windows nbsp

A:Upgrading an eMachines ET1831-03 for Gaming?

Suggestions: Save money for building or buying a newer PC. You RAM is maxed out at 4GB (that is the motherboard max), which will hinder the performance of some games. Having 8GB of RAM is the "norm" for gaming now. If you want to upgrade a little now, and start saving money to get/build a better system later, then I would suggest the following:

Video Card - Your motherboard has a PCI Express x16 slot (Version 1.0), so to be compatible, I would suggest getting a 2.0 card - example: MSI GeForce GTX 650 Ti - $114.99 USD ($84.99 after rebate) from TigerDirect. I suggest this card because it is a well built card. It doesnt draw too much power from the PSU, but will still give you plenty of graphic power to play those games you listed at medium if not medium/high settings.

PSU - Ultra LS Series V2 500w - $39.99 USD from TigerDirect

This would leave you money to start planning a better build (which we can help with that when you are ready to do so).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-an-emachines-et1831-03-for-gaming.207208/
Relevancy 49.88%

My current PC well SUCKS Hasn t bee upgraded at all since I got in PC; gaming all Is Upgrading a this to eachother? compatiable with in except for a new gig hard drive from the old Upgrading to a gaming PC; Is all this compatiable with eachother? gig hard drive and MB of RAM Finally time to modernize it so I can play some games I at least want to run World of Warcraft with some great quality with no lag I went to NewEgg and whipped this up Motherboard BIOSTAR NF -A Socket NVIDIA nForce ATX AMD Motherboard PCI Slots Max GB memory supported Not too sure if this is the one for me I need help here Processor AMD Athlon Orleans GHz Socket AM Processor Model ADA CNBOX Suicide Overclock jump reports of GHz working stable I m pretty confident this is a good choice for me I wanted to get a much more powerful Processor but I just don t have that money Graphics Card POWERCOLOR X GTO MBDDR Radeon X GTO MB GDDR PCI Express x Video Card Apparently runs CounterStrike perfectly Built-in fan I believe DirectX and OpenGL support This one I thought was a really incredible deal for that price I m not ENTIRELY sure yet but I think it s looking good Hard Drive - Seagate Barracuda ST AS Perpendicular Recording Technology GB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s Hard Drive - OEM Greatest Hard Drive deal I ve ever seen Around bucks for GB of storage I can go lower if my budget demands though DVD Burner SAMSUNG X DVD R DVD Burner With X DVD-RAM Write LightScribe Technology Black IDE Model SH-S M BEBN - OEM Just your average DVD burner I didn t know they were this cheap so I m a bit worried I REALLY need a functional burner Total What do you guys think I can salvage my old Sound Card Case and Power Supply from my current PC I think How much power will I need to run all this Will I need a new supply I m unsure what my current one puts out I m also not sure if my sound card will be compatiable with the new motherboard Will my case even fit this It s an old clunky Compaq Presario case The old nasty ones you see at the library I just don t have the cash for a new one Alright that s it Is all my hardware compatiable with eachother Also how can I check my current system specs exactly nbsp

A:Upgrading to a gaming PC; Is all this compatiable with eachother?

Couple of major problems here.

The CPU and graphics card you have chosen will not work with that motherboard. You need to choose a socket AM2 motherboard with a PCIe x16 graphics slot. Something like this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813127010

I also notice you haven't mentioned ram. You will not be able to use your current ram in this new system. Look at at least 1Gb of DDR2 800 ram.

Your power supply also will not be enough to power this new system. Have a look at the Antec SonataII case, which comes with a nice solid power supply for $75 after rebate:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811129155

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-to-a-gaming-pc-is-all-this-compatiable-with-eachother.58819/
Relevancy 49.88%

Just need to know what upgrade hardware (video card) I need to enable my computer to play the more graphically demanding internet video games that have been developed in the last couple of years.My computer came with the standard video card out of the box.  would like to know the product part number and availability if possible.I previewed the list of desktops no longer being supported by HP and my specific model number was not on the list.  I'm hoping that gives me a good chance I can get the part I need.Thank you!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Upgrading-present-Video-for-Gaming/td-p/5619239
Relevancy 49.88%

I bought a Compaq Presario SR WM from Wal-mart last year for around Since then I ve really gotten into online gaming MMORPG s and while I can play the games on my computer I have to use the lowest graphics settings I want to upgrade my PC to up the resolution and be able to use anti-aliasing without lag While I have learned a lot about software since owning a computer I currently have no experience in hardware upgrades I should also mention that Solved: Need my Gaming advice. PC into Upgrading PC. this computer came with Vista Home but I downgraded to Windows XP which many might consider an upgrade come to think of it I have gone to multiple websites to find instructions on how to upgrade my computer but the only Solved: Upgrading my PC into Gaming PC. Need advice. problem is I have no idea what I should be buying I have all the instructions on how to perform the upgrade but not on the specific hardware I should be buying for my model number Any advice suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated I am including all the specs of my computer that I could find below Product Number KJ AA Processor Athlon LE L GHz MT s Socket AM Cache Memory L Cache kb Chipset GeForce SE nForce Motherboard Asus M N -LA HP Compaq motherboard name Ivy -GL Memory GB currently installed GB Max X GB allowed Speed Supported PC - MB sec Memory Solved: Upgrading my PC into Gaming PC. Need advice. Type pin DDR SDRAM Hard drive GB SATA G Gb sec rpm Modem K bps data fax modem Video Graphics Integrated graphics Sound Audio High Definition -channel audio ALC chipset Network LAN Integrated Base-T networking interface Expansion Slots Available PCI PCI Express X PCI Express x Drive Bays Available of quot and of quot Operating System Win XP Version Service Pack -bit I am planning to upgrade to Windows as soon as I can If there s any additional information I need to provide let me know and I ll get it here A S A P Thanks for any advice and suggestions ahead of time -Jenna- nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

I built a gaming PC about 2 years ago, and while it still plays the games I play just fine, I'm itching to either build a completely new system, or upgrade some of the parts that are lacking. I am on a bit of a budget and would like to only have to buy one or two parts a month if I build a whole new rig. If anyone could take a look at my current setup and tell me which parts definitely need replacing, or if I should build something better that would be awesome. The details are in my profile. If the suggestion is to start from scratch, what is the best order to buy the parts in to make it a little more future proof? It would probably take me about 4-6 months to be able to buy everything depending on prices. Thanks in advance!

A:Advice on building/upgrading a Gaming PC

Here is a few options:

Upgrading the CPU to a FX-8350 would double the processing power.
Upgrading the GPU to a GTX-760 would more than double the graphical power.
If you don't have a power supply greater than 500W's, I'd recommend getting one before upgrading to GTX-760. If you prefer a different card, you can look up the recommended power ratings from AMD or nVidia, for the selected card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-on-building-upgrading-a-gaming-pc.199327/
Relevancy 49.88%

My computer is starting to run slow when playing Rise of Legends. If I were to upgrade my system which would provide me the greatest performance gain: Graphics card upgrade, CPU or more RAM.

Intel® Pentium® 4 - 1.6 GHz
400 MHz System Bus
Cache • 12K micro-op trace Cache
512 PC-2100 DDR
80.0GB (5400RPM) UltraDMA Hard Drive
ATI 128MB graphics card (it's old, can't remember the model)

Relevancy 49.45%

I recently got a new 120gb SSD to replace my HDD. I have an i7 Lenovo y570, 8gb ram, with switchable graphics using a Nvidia GeForce 555m. Before upgrading, while playing Guild Wars 2 my performance was flawless on ultra graphics running at about 80 C and stable 50 FPS. Now I'm experiencing spiking FPS running at about mid 90's C after 5 mins on the lowest graphics settings! I updated all drivers and installed it correctly to the best of my knowledge.

Would greatly appreciate some help, ready to game!

Mike

A:CPU Temps on laptop much higher while gaming after upgrading to SSD

Was the video card driver one of those that you updated? If so, try uninstalling that driver and reinstalling the driver you did have on it. Sometimes driver updates break stuff.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/270920-cpu-temps-laptop-much-higher-while-gaming-after-upgrading-ssd.html
Relevancy 49.45%

ok so i upgrade my pc and moved from amd to intel, i got a evga p67 ftw motherboard and a 2500k i5 processor, im going to be watercooling everthing and i want to make sure it works so i build a quick version on top of my motherboard box, but the real problem im having is when i try to boot, so it does the first load screen where the 4 balls of color come together and form the windows flag and then it blue screens for about a second(just short enough so i cant read it) and then it restarts. ive take the hard drive and put it back in my old configuration just to check and make sure it didnt get corrupted and it boots perfectly so i have no idea what to do, please help i want to start watercooling already !!!!

A:Upgrading gaming pc and i get blue screen(that last for 1 sec) right after loading

update it does the same thing when i boot into safe mode

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-gaming-pc-and-i-get-blue-screen-that-last-for-1-sec-right-after-loading.175199/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey guys I need some advice upgrading one of my older computers Basically before I was using Computer Gaming Solved: Upgrading Need Advice it as a media pc and just Solved: Upgrading Gaming Computer Need Advice recently have been letting my girlfriend use it as a gaming pc since its much better than what she has Here are the current specs Intel Pentium Dual Core E Ghz M mhz MSI P NGM -L GeForce Socket Motherboard EVGA GeForce GT MB PCIe w Dual Link DVI X Ultra MB PC DDR MHz Ultra LSP w Power Supply THERMALTAKE LanBox Lite MATX Cube Case I m not looking for anything amazing she s just getting framerate problems playing tf and we would like it to run smoothly we would also like it to be able to handle l d and l d on low settings I m thinking about surprising her and upgrading the video card for Christmas and need some help I don t believe the board that is in there will support the newer video cards and the case might be too small to fit a full size card in there anyway possibly with modification I really don t have the cash to build a brand new comp for her so I was hoping that there was a decent video card I could throw in with the current setup to get the games running smoothly nbsp

A:Solved: Upgrading Gaming Computer Need Advice

That's not a bad system, upgrading the graphics card will be enough, at least for the games you like it to run.

I think this card will be more than enough:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...9&cm_re=radeon_hd_5750-_-14-102-859-_-Product

You can also buy a Radeon HD 4850 if you can find one. In fact the HD 4850 is a better choice since it's faster and you can get it for a better price:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814129138&Tpk=radeon hd 4850

Note that I know nothing of VisionTek cards, I just posted the above link for reference. I'd go for any card made by Sapphire, XFX, Asus, Gigabyte and HIS. If you can find one of those go for it!

The bad news is that you have to upgrade your PSU as well, running the new card on a low end/cheapo PSU could lead to all kinds of problems.

Get this one if you can afford it:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...9005&cm_re=corsair_650-_-17-139-005-_-Product

Cheaper alternatives:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...371020&cm_re=antec_psu-_-17-371-020-_-Product

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ..._re=ocz_stealthxstream-_-17-341-031-_-Product

EDIT:

If you can't fit a normal size card in your case then you can get something like this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...re=HD_4650_low_profile-_-14-102-829-_-Product

But I don't think it's worth it as this card will perform close to your 9500 GT...It's hard to find a fast small form factor card.

This will be certainly faster but not by much:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...cm_re=9600_low_profile-_-14-187-060-_-Product

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-upgrading-gaming-computer-need-advice.882049/
Relevancy 49.45%

Im seeking to helpful upgrading pc gaming some a buying & advice on Need either upgrade my PC or sell this PC and buy a new one but i dont know which is the better option efficiency and value wise Theese are my specs CPU Intel Core i CPU GHz Mhz core s Memory GB DDR GPU Nvidia Geforce GTS Its not bad but the graphics card definately needs upgrading and everything i play nowdays can only run on low graphics if i want a smooth framerate Heres the problem I desire to play Rift Duke Nukem Forever Skyrim and Battlefield and other games on very high highest graphics with the best framerate The thing is if i get a new graphics card which will probbarly be either Need some helpful advice on upgrading & buying a gaming pc a or i will also need to upgrade my PSU to a Branded PSU as its apparently reccomended to go with a good brand PSU manufacturer to increase the lifespan and Need some helpful advice on upgrading & buying a gaming pc safety of the PC as the new cards are power hungry I dont really have a good cooling system either as far as i know it seems to get quite hot with Need some helpful advice on upgrading & buying a gaming pc just the specs i have So then i would need to buy a new cooling system And i dont know if my GPU or Ram is good enough to even support a or a I wouldent want it even the slightest bit bottlenecked Ive only ever had Nvidia cards and i trust the company so i would rather a nvidia than a radeon If i end up realistically having to also upgrade the Ram or the CPU then wouldent it make sence it would just be better to sell my current pc and get a new one New as in built i dont want any crap like packard bell asus alienware ect ect as its cheaper to get it built and apparently its easiyer to upgrade than a allready made company computer so im told What do you think i should do what would be the better option Upgrade my PC starting off with a new graphics card even if i have to upgrade other components to support or sell this one and buy a new PC Remember theese are my specs CPU Intel Core i CPU GHz Mhz core s Memory GB DDR GPU Nvidia Geforce GTS Sorry for the long post and thanks for any advice nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

I want a gaming pc but found I can upgrade my pc for 200 for all the parts needed. I would like to play total war and the sims at med to high. And to play civ at medium. The graphics card is only 1gb. And the cpu is 3.4 ghz and quad core that can overclock. 

A:Would upgrading my cpu and gpu in my Dell inspiron 570 be good for gaming?

LucasM101
I want a gaming pc but found I can upgrade my pc for 200 for all the parts needed. I would like to play total war and the sims at med to high. And to play civ at medium. The graphics card is only 1gb. And the cpu is 3.4 ghz and quad core that can overclock. 
LucasM101
 The Inspiron 570 Ultimate Upgrade, that includes overclocking can be found Here:
http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/p/19490818/20298141.aspx#20298141
Bev.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19987347
Relevancy 49.45%

I will post a link to a computer that was purchased for me I have been out of computer gaming for awhile and have recently started playing a game called Dayz It is gaming Upgrading desktop retail for Acer my a modifcation for a game called Arma The computer runs most things that I have played fairly well However Arma is a high demand game which typically gets me under FPS I was thinking of getting rid of the computer and buying a new one or upgrading some parts inside From what I have been reading processor video card ram and power supply would be good places to start I haven t taken the computer apart yet to look inside and see what I can add to the current motherboard Budget is a concern and I don t want to go crazy I don t need to play on ultra settings Upgrading my Acer retail desktop for gaming but normal or high would be nice Any suggestions would be great Here is the PC http www walmart com ip Acer-AM Windows- -Home-Premium-Monitor-Not-I Thanks nbsp

A:Upgrading my Acer retail desktop for gaming

Without knowing your full system specs I would say, you could probably get by with a GPU and power supply upgrade. Do you know what size power supply you have in the machine? I'm also assuming you don't have a dedicated graphics solution, since you have an AMD-A6 CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-my-acer-retail-desktop-for-gaming.188098/
Relevancy 49.45%

So I bought a pretty nice gaming pc about 2 years ago...and i want to keep her around but add some upgrades.

Heres what I have on board at the moment:

Amd Athalon 64 x2 3800+ Processor
Ati x1900 512mb videocard
3 gig of corsair ddr ram pc3200
ABIT KN8 Ultra Motherboard

I wanted a dx10 videocard so I just snagged:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150267

Now i am considering upgrading my processor to an amd 5600+ or 6000+ x2...but don't know if I should upgrade my motherboard at the same time?

I want a pretty good gaming pc, and have heard great things about that videocard. I am new to upgrading myself but am excited to learn. Please give me your input.

If you think mobo and new processor plz give me some ideas...thanks so much

Relevancy 48.59%

I need help upgrading my old Acer Aspire M1100. Its lying around and i need a PC for gaming. Budget = ?200-?300 ($310-$450)

Specs:
AMD Athlon 64
512MB , 160GB HDD
ATI X1200 (integrated i think)
Windows XP SP3 (came with Shitsta Home Basic, Tried W7 Starter, worked well )
250 Watt PSU

I just want to upgrade it so it can run new games eg COD, BF3, LA Noire etc. Can this PC be upgraded? Do i need a new mobo? I want to upgrade the CPU to phenom II and a good GPU. Im guessing i have to buy a new PSU right? I need tips what to put in and how. Im a noob, i've never even opened a PC let alone change the parts!

Help!

A:Upgrading Acer Aspire M1100 for Gaming and Windows 7

Yikes, yes sir, you'd need a new computer. Yours. The case might be worth something though...

Don't know that you can get anything that will play BF3 with 400US$ o.0

Could try to build it yourself

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/209364-upgrading-acer-aspire-m1100-gaming-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I was thinking of buying this GPU but I looked at the dimensions of the card and since the XPS 8500 has a decently small case I was wondering if someone could help me to see if the card would be compatible with the computer? 
Dimensions: 10.98" x 5.51"
NewEgg Link: www.newegg.com/.../Product.aspx

A:Upgrading a Dell XPS 8500 to a MSI GeForce GTX 1070 DirectX 12 GTX 1070 GAMING X?

Go the for Founders Edition and make sure your bios is up to date.  

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19986260
Relevancy 43.43%

Will it improve gaming in anyway? In some (if not all) situations is there something with windows 8, that allow smoother processes in gaming?

A:Will upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 8 improve gaming performance?

You will find the below links as interesting.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2013/11/24/battlefield_4_windows_7_vs_81_performance_review/#.Uxm2O_mSxcp

http://www.game-debate.com/blog/?b_id=4853&author=WorryBear

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526759/will-upgrading-from-windows-7-to-windows-8-improve-gaming-performance/
Relevancy 43.43%

I use a PC which was fairly state-of-the-art when my wife bought it three years ago However I notice that some of the newer games I play e g HL and its add-ons FarCry F E A R are running less smoothly than I would like even at reduced levels of graphics and performance I am wondering just how much I am missing out on for instance start, "old" and PC to to finish? Upgrading an where where - gaming how good does HL s High Dynamic Range look How much better Upgrading an "old" gaming PC - where to start, and where to finish? is the rendering of the water in FarCry with a new top-of-the-line graphics card I d like to improve my PC s gaming performance without spending a fortune and without outstripping my own technical and practical abilities They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing and the first thing I did after some research was buy a new graphics card Problem was it was a PCI-E card and my ASUS motherboard only has PCI slots After a little more research and a refund on the card - thanks Novatech I found that my board has an unused AGP slot but that this wouldn t allow a modern AGP card to perform at full capacity Then I started to think about upgrading my MB to allow a GPU upgrade but the more I read about it the more I began to wonder whether I would also need to upgrade the PSU other hardware add more memory and even buy a new case and the more my brain began to hurt So to cut to the chase would someone who s been through this or otherwise knows their stuff be kind enough to spare a few minutes to look at my current hardware set-up and say quot You need to upgrade component A B and C I recommend you get an X a Y and a Z quot nbsp

A:Upgrading an "old" gaming PC - where to start, and where to finish?

dont upgrade your mobo unless you've planned on buying another copy of Windows since you OEM version is locked to it. You can buy PCI graphics card. They wont have the speed of PCIx16-the newer cards, but it will still give you much better grafix, i know that both ATI and Nvidia both make regular old PCI slots cards. Plus add some more RAM, preferably 1GB or more. What type of CPU does it have?

Upgrades:

A: RAM

B: Graphics Card

C: CPU (maybe depends on your current one)

Components:

X: Corsair 1GB or more to run more intense games (make you you buy right size and speed)

Y: PCI slot graphics card, either from ATI or Nvidia at least 128MB dedicated video RAM

Z: Depends on whether you currently have an Intel or AMD based CPU. If you have an Intel then a P4 with HyperThreading, preferably a Pentium D, AMD then at least and Athlon64 3800+ preferably an Athlon64 X2.

If all this sounbds like too much, then just buy a new PC. On gatways webste, they have a Pentium D based system with 1GB RAM, Nvidia GE6600 series GPU, and a 19" LCD all for $799.99 EXCLUDING Shipping and Tax.

...AMD

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-an-old-gaming-pc-where-to-start-and-where-to-finish.56191/
Relevancy 42.57%

Trying to improve gaming performance on my sons computer nbsp I am also helping my sister in law purchase a gaming computer for her son My line of thought is two fold nbsp First when it comes to computers or phones or whatever nbsp Without working knowledge nbsp We pay for a lot of crap we don t need or use nbsp And we I often overlook the items that make a real difference Second The extreme high end nbsp for upgrading system Need a and new purchasing gaming system help one Or even outside my budget where cash becomes painful nbsp Is futile in electronics because most things will be either outdated or under-perform when compared to newer releases within two to three years nbsp As far as I can tell nbsp Need help upgrading one system and purchasing a new system for gaming A computer is one of the worst quot investments quot a person makes Right behind purchasing a new car My possibly flawed understanding of compromise and balance in regard to gaming computers nbsp In order of their priority in regard to gaming MonitorGraphics cardRamProcessorIt is also my understanding that any result with be limited to the capabilities of the least performing component nbsp I think a better graphics card would do the trick for me nbsp But I m Need help upgrading one system and purchasing a new system for gaming not sure nbsp And I dont want to spend money on something that is not fully utilized nbsp nbsp That s why am asking you all for your help Once that question priority is answered I will share the specs of both the current computer and monitor My goal for my boys upgrade is nbsp to not overpurchase and achieve the best balance for GAMING within my budget nbsp Like to keep the budget range between and My goal to help my sister in law nbsp To find an already balanced complete GAMING system turn key below Both are desktopsThanks in advance for your help an patience I will follow this by posting my existing specs

A:Need help upgrading one system and purchasing a new system for gaming

Sons computer.  The one I would like to upgrade.Moniter specs:AcerModelS275HL bmii (UM.HS5AA.001)Cabinet ColorBlackDisplayScreen Size27"LED BacklightYesWidescreenYesRecommended Resolution1920 x 1080Refresh Rate60HzViewing Angle178? (H) / 178? (V)Pixel Pitch0.3114mmDisplay Colors16.7 MillionBrightness250 cd/m2Contrast RatioACM 100,000,000:1 (1000:1)Response Time6ms (GTG)PanelIPSConnectivityInput Video CompatibilityAnalog RGB, DigitalConnectorsD-sub, HDMID-Sub1DVINoHDMI2DisplayPortNoPowerComplies withENERGY STARPower Supply100 - 240 VAC, 50/60HzPower ConsumptionEnergystar Off (typ.): 0.5WEnergystar Sleep (typ.): 0.5WEnergystar On (typ.): 36WComputer specs:HP ENVY h8-1540tOperating SystemWindows 8 Professional (64-bit)DISPLAYMonitorNoMonitor FeaturesN/AMOTHERBOARDChipsetIntel X79 ExpressRAMRAM TypeDDR3 SODIMMRAM Capacity10 GBPreloaded MemoryDDR3-1333PROCESSORProcessor ModelIntel Core-i7 3820Processor TypeQuad CoreFrequency3.6 GHzCache10.0 MBHARD DRIVEInterfaceSATAMemory Storage2000 GBRPM7200GRAPHICSVideo CardGeForce GT 640Sound CardIntegratedCOMMUNICATIONSWi-FiYes (Type: 802.11b/g/n)BluetoothNoInfraredNoCard ReaderNoModemNoMore ConnectionsPCI Express: 3STURCTURECasingTowerDimensions (WxHxD)6.88 in x 16.22 in x 16.34 inColorBlackOTHEROptical DriveSuperMulti DVD BurnerPower Supply460 WPorts15-in-1 multimedia card reader + Top I/O (2 USB 3.0 + 1 headphone jack + 1 microphone jack) + Front I/O (2 USB 2.0)CameraNoMicrophoneYesAccessoriesUSB standard Keyboard, Mouse, TV Tuner

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,147290.0.html
Relevancy 40.85%

kk well got this comp about a year or ago and havnt really put anything into it at all sept some fans Comp) My Upgrading Comp (Gaming and video cards But now I am starting to notice how slow my comp is and wanting to speed everything up quite a bit Im not as much into hardware as I am with software so bare with me on that I got the cash but not enough to go crazy with I just wanna know what i should be upgrading first and formost to get my comp sped up and running at better fps in games and such What is most important to be upgraded first and what is least important Also asking for suggestions on upgrades if possible D AMD Athlon XP GHz MB of Upgrading My Comp (Gaming Comp) RAM ATI RADEON X PRO AGP MOB Micro-Star LTD MS- PCI AGPv BIOS Phoenix - AwardBIOS v PG W power supply Also should i be worried about running x on only Watt power supply Thanks for the feedback all nbsp

Relevancy 36.55%

Hi Guys This is my very first post on Windows Vista Forums and Ultimate 64-bit Gaming Windows Vista and Gaming Compatibility I am eager to get into this thread First off Windows Vista Ultimate is the very best you can buy for gaming This features the bit OS version which can process GB of RAM at top speeds you can find in a new OS I would definitely recommend this OS for gaming and none other Now on to the main part of my thread Compatibility Gaming This is the most discussed issue for gamers across the US The problem is how do you get games to work specifically older games on Windows Vista Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit Gaming and Compatibility Gaming Ultimate Well there are solutions You could wait until the company of the game makes a OS patch for the game although that could take a while You could go into the game files and put the game into compatibility mode for your OS And You could revert back to an older OS that works for your game Which one would you choose I would choose They are always going to make games work on a newer OS Lets take the game Lord of The Rings Battle for Middle Earth amp Electronic Arts EA has already made a patch for those two that will have more chance of running on Vista If doesn't work then it's the type of computer hardware you are using The hardware would guarantee be outdated In that case just get more recent hardware It's not that difficult With a bit of research common sense and problem solving skills you can get gaming compatibility issues out of your hair I hope this thread has helped a couple of you out there Sincerely alienware Think I helped you out Click the scales Give me some rep Thanks

A:Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit Gaming and Compatibility Gaming

Very Smart Post!

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/236286-windows-vista-ultimate-64-bit-gaming-compatibility-gaming.html
Relevancy 36.12%

My gaming PC has on a number of occasions shut down during gaming assassin s creed III batman arkham origins mass effect emulating ps games etc so i decided to monitor it one time with CPUID while running batman arkham origins windowed with high settings While playing my processor temp was usually in the range of Celsius but got as high as on some occasions and my vid card was in the range of mid s Celsius and got as high as on one occasion I checked the forums and googled and from what I ve read it seemed like these temps are supposedly in the normal range But after a few hours in that constant temperature my PC hung and then setup gaming (i5, down should GTX Gaming shuts What It my i in during 580)? change PC I had to shut it down manually On the What should i change in my Gaming PC setup (i5, GTX 580)? It shuts down during gaming other occasions that I was playing other games it didn t even hang but instead shut down on it s own What always happens after this is that when i boot my pc the monitor says there s no signal and the CPU stops and restarts on it s own either once or a couple of times i have to move the cpu to another room which is a bit cooler and have to give it a couple of hours sometimes half a day before it boots normally again There were times I ve tried just leaving it in the original room before for a few days but it never boots normally when i do that I thought that the problem might be with my GPU but recently I was browsing with google chrome and when i opened a lot of tabs in succession about the PC hung again and I had to manually restart it and encountered the same booting problem I was running CPUID at the time and the temp shot up to C My CPU s normal idle temp is - C on hot days - My GPU s normal temp is C So I m really lost as to what the problem is and I wanted to ask for your help in suggesting what I can change add to my set up so that I can game and also work without worrying about this problem Here s the rest of my specs Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping - Stock fan Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX - Mb - Stock fan Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB I Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Foxconn P A P A-S Antivirus BitDefender Antivirus Updated and Enabled Power Supply Corsair W Aerocool Strike-X GT-Bk Mid Tower Gaming Case - x mm Stock fan intake in the bottom front exhaust in the top back Two mm intake fans in the side Thanks so much nbsp

A:What should i change in my Gaming PC setup (i5, GTX 580)? It shuts down during gaming

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-should-i-change-in-my-gaming-pc-setup-i5-gtx-580-it-shuts-down-during-gaming.1112092/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi guys This is my first post while Gigabyte in Gaming GTX970 with SLI G1 gaming BSOD in this forum since I have not received any BSOD with Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX970 in SLI while gaming help from elswhere BSOD with Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX970 in SLI while gaming You guys are my only hope Okay so I recently bought two G Gaming GTX graphics cards The first driver install went bad by windows using its own drivers so I got the Display Driver Uninstaller from dguru scrubbed the drivers in safe mode After restart windows still used its own drivers at first but everything worked and I updated with the latest nVidia drivers Now to the issue After gaming for some time graphically demanding games AC Unity FarCry the PC would freeze and I would have a BSOD on my hands Interestingly enough this has happened with nVidia supported games but I've managed to play Alien Isolation for an extended period of time which is AMD supported Have not had any problems with Borderlands Pre Sequel nVidia supported either but it's also not as heavy on the GPU When the BSOD has happened it has happened approx within an hour of gaming sometimes within minutes The BSOD does not happen when I'm watching movies or browsing the net or working on the PC just when gaming heavy does it occur I run the system SLI enabled I'm going to include two crash dumps below By the looks of it it seems to be a driver issue so what are my options here I've reinstalled the drives but still the problem has persisted Any help or insight into the BSOD errors I'm getting would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Nahkman Code Debugging Details ------------------ BUGCHECK STR x C GenuineIntel CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID WIN DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME ACU exe CURRENT IRQL f ANALYSIS VERSION debuggers dbg - amd fre LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff to fffff c b STACK TEXT fffff f b fffff c fffff f b nt KeBugCheckEx fffff f b fffff f hal HalpMcaReportError x fffff f c fffff e db e hal HalpMceHandlerWithRendezvous x f fffff f cc fffff bf c hal HalHandleMcheck x fffff f cf fffff bf d nt KxMcheckAbort x c fffff f e a nt KiMcheckAbort x d f x a STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP nt KxMcheckAbort c fffff bf c d c lea rcx rsp h SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME nt KxMcheckAbort c FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME nt IMAGE NAME ntkrnlmp exe DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP fb cd IMAGE VERSION FAILURE BUCKET ID X x C GenuineIntel nt KxMcheckAbort c BUCKET ID X x C GenuineIntel nt KxMcheckAbort c ANALYSIS SOURCE KM FAILURE ID HASH STRING km x x c genuineintel nt kxmcheckabort c FAILURE ID HASH bfc df - f e- c- - c f Followup MachineOwner Code Debugging Details ------------------ BUGCHECK STR x GenuineIntel CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID WIN DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME System CURRENT IRQL ANALYSIS VERSION debuggers dbg - amd fre STACK TEXT fffff e b fffff cdca fffffa d fffffa d nt WheapCreateLiveTriageDump x c fffff e ad fffff aee fffffa d fffff d fffffa d nt WheapCreateTriageDumpFromPreviousSession x fffff e b fffff fffff b fffffa a a fffffa d nt WheapProcessWorkQueueItem x fffff e b fffff c fffff a e fffff fffffa d nt WheapWorkQueueWorkerRoutine x fffff e b fffff bae fffffa d fffffa cf nt ExpWorkerThread x fffff e c fffff c fffff fffffa d fffff ffc nt PspSystemThreadStartup x a fffff e c fffff e fffff db fffff e e nt KxStartSystemThread x STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME GenuineIntel IMAGE NAME GenuineIntel DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP IMAGE VERSION FAILURE BUCKET ID X x GenuineIntel PROCESSOR MAE PRV BUCKET ID X x GenuineIntel PROCESSOR MAE PRV ANALYSIS SOURCE KM FAILURE ID HASH STRING km x x genuineintel processor mae prv FAILURE ID HASH e -e - e - -f d e Followup MachineOwner

A:BSOD with Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX970 in SLI while gaming

I've been having a very similar issue, I've only got the one Gigabyte 970 G1, and I've only really tested 2 games (AC Unity and Civ Beyond Earth) and while playing both after usually a few hours they'll freeze then I'll get a bsod. They're always Bug Check Code: 0x00000124 and all have the Crash Address: ntoskrnl.exe+4ae61c.

I've run windows memory diagnostic with no results, I've reseated my card, performed multiple clean driver installs, checked temperatures with no problems. I can't figure out what's causing it and this is the only similar problem I can find online. I really wish I could help but it seems we're in much the same boat

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/359369-bsod-gigabyte-g1-gaming-gtx970-sli-while-gaming.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Greetings All I posted this over at both the MSI and TomsHardware forums as I think it's a hardware issue but I want to make sure it's not Z170a or 960 MSI Gaming GTX 100ME 3 GAMING Issue? a Windows issue so I'm MSI Z170a Gaming 3 or GTX 960 GAMING 100ME Issue? going to post it here in case anyone has some thoughts or ran into a similar issue in the past Gents I've run into an issue on a new build that I can't nail down and need your advice on my next steps so I'll try to give you all the information I have and what I tried This is a NEW build that was built about weeks ago Everything ran fine until today when it all went wrong after a game lockup Everything worked fine today when I booted up so I decided to play Witcher which I've been playing with no issues with the exception of a freeze for a second or two in big cities when the CPU hit's but those are few Anyway at the main menu screen not playing yet today it locked up for the first time Had to use reset button as CNT-ALT-DLT didn't work and on reboot the problem appeared Problem No matter what I do I can't get GTX out of X resolution safe mode or resolve it's conflict Description of how it Boots Events Starting the PC powering on this is what happens between devices The GPU lights up and monitor is Blue active Four seconds later GPU lights OFF VGA on motherboard turns RED and Monitor goes AMBER no signal Six seconds later GPU lights ON RED VGA light goes OFF and Monitor goes Blue active At this point it loads the bios screen at X resolution and same if I enter windows With or Without the Nividia drivers installed I can not change the desktop resolution and device manager reports the device is disabled and conflicts All functions on quot Change Display Settings quot beyond X is quot greyed out quot and under quot Properties quot it's all blank Checking quot resources quot it's conflicting with the Intel CPU resources Also on boot-up a small graphic glitch appears on the screen for a few seconds wide lines then goes away Steps I've taken and it's result Removed and Reinstalled Drivers NONE Removed and re-seat GPU NONE Double Check voltages from PSU for stability fine v on rails NONE Remove all drivers and the card reboot and let Windows install it's own NONE Installed and Reinstall drivers through device manager NONE Ran SFC to check for corruption NONE Swapped out for a known good SEE BELOW Now Here's where my trouble shooting skills are at a loss Thinking it's now a GPU issue I removed all drivers and installed my old GTS to test GTS Boot events Power PC Motherboard VGA RED and Monitor Blue active Three seconds later VGA RED goes OFF and enters BIOS and Windows at high resolution Installed Nivida drives rebooted and checked settings in device manager and desktop and it's all fine at X At this point thinking the GTX is the issue which it still may be I installed it without nvidia drivers in another PC running Windows to test and it worked fine in that PC at a higher resolution NOT X as that monitor didn't support it with default Windows drivers So the card works in the other PC but not my new build at the moment worked fine for weeks and my older GTX card works in the new build which I'm using now which suggests the motherboard is not the issue or is it As the bios screen is effected by the issue before Windows loads this suggests a hardware issue not software I have close restore point from days ago but I'm not a novice PC builder so my gut is telling me it's a hardware issue so it's worthless to restore since it won't address the issue and the GTX I'm running right now works fine at those settings Thoughts Advice Next Steps PC Specs MSI Z a Gaming bios ver A G Skill Ripjaws V Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR Intel Core i - M GHz LGA MSI GeForce GTX DirectX GTX GAMING ME Rosewill DU watt PSU Windows Pro bit SP Updates Hanns G HG X hz Connected via DVI to HDMI cable Nvidia Driver Version Side Note As someone mentioned this before The power supply I'm using Rosewill DU wa... Read more

A:MSI Z170a Gaming 3 or GTX 960 GAMING 100ME Issue?

7-31-2016 Update

Well no one replied yet to my post but I did some more testing and the result is as follows.

I did some more troubleshooting and cleared the CMOS, swapped monitors, tried another HDMI cable and reinstalled the 960 into the new build for testing but it still did not solve the issue. Still locked at 800X600 with error code 43 (Windows disable the device because of problems) in device manager and I'm concerned about how the card itself boots and lights the RED VGA led on the MSI board. I retested it in that PC that has the 600watt PSU and an Asrock board and while it did work at a higher resolution the card behaves suspiciously during powerup as.

1. Power on All Fans and MSI logo light up.... Monitor is Blue (active)
2. 5 seconds later MSI logo goes off... fans still spinning.....Monitor is Amber (No Signal)
3. 15 seconds later MSI logo comes on......Monitor goes Blue (active)
4. Once Windows loads fans stop spinning. (Normal)

**Note** This is similar to the way it boots in the problem system (no RED led on Asrock board)

So 20 seconds total to initiate a stable signal to me is problematic and this is on the test PC not the one I built BUT I still can't rule out a problem with this MSI motherboard as that RED VGA led still comes on for a few seconds when the GTS 450 is in there (even though it works fine) and I can't find an answer to if that's normal. Sent a "support" request to MSI and their reply was "Try the card in another system and try another card in your problem system" lol. They must not read carefully as this was already covered....hahaha.

So... I need some suggestions besides those I tried and if anyone has a MSI Z170a Gaming 3 board can you please post your startup sequence and let me know if it lights the RED VGA led light on startup?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/399131-msi-z170a-gaming-3-gtx-960-gaming-100me-issue.html
Relevancy 36.12%

ok so let me just throw my budget out here est I'm not sure i could be more or less thats just a rough idea MY NEED I want it to be able to play games like HITMAN ABSOLUTION at - atleast And i want it to be able a Gaming Low budget. Building Computer Gaming Help. to play grand theft auto v I need help in the costs of the parts im choosing if it can be better then please suggest parts Any way I need Building a Gaming Computer Gaming Low budget. Help. help Building a Gaming Computer Gaming Low budget. Help. in every aspect RAM I know what RAM is Im going for to gb will ddr do the job how much will it cost Processor I believe that a i should be okay a ghz one its around right Should i pick another one GPU okay so currently I have in my laptop a Nvidia m Its an integrated card I obviously want a dedicated one Im not sure which to pick please recommend a card hopefully from Nvidia What does bit bit mean in GPUs And what memory should the card have gb EDIT i found this card http www geforce com hardware desk geforce-gt its price is around can i go for this HDD at the time of purchase Im thinking about gb hdds because if i need more I'll simply attach more so thats not a problem MotherBoard I know s it about these things My plan is to tell my desired parts to the guy at the shop from where im buying and getting it built i'll just tell which parts I want Then he'll just choose a good enough mother board for me is this ok Did i miss anything please help me

A:Building a Gaming Computer Gaming Low budget. Help.

The only thing that's missing is the power supply (the "PSU"), but we should wait until you select a CPU and video card - especially the video card. The PSU is an investment, so we have to make sure it's a good one.

Anyway,

RAM:

Go for a 2 x 4 GB kit or 2 x 8 GB kit. Your only choice right now is DDR3. The cost can vary from roughly $50 USD give or take $10-$20 to almost $200 USD and more.

CPU:

Which i5? 2nd Generation, 3rd Generation, or 4th Generation Core i5? The cost should be at around $200 give or take $10 to $20 USD.

Video card:

Try to avoid being loyal to one side or the other (NVIDIA or AMD) because some AMD GPUs are way better, but some NVIDIA GPUs are better.

The 128bit or 256bit is the bandwidth of the memory. The higher the number, the faster the memory can be in some ways.

The amount of memory you'd want is about 2GB, yeah. The more the merrier, but it mostly benefits textures.

You can go for any video card you want, but the GT 640 might not be an appreciable upgrade from the 410m. You'll notice it, but I dunno...

HDD:

Yeah, this is a little bit of a personal thing because take me for example: I have two 60 GB solid state drives and it's all I need. One is for Windows and programs, and the other is for things like My Documents and even my desktop.

Like the power supply, the hard drive is a bit of an investment, so try to get good ones.

Motherboard:

Not really. I would also like to see you build it instead of making someone do it for you. That way, you can make sure it's done right the first time. You won't need to know how to do anything because you can lean on us.

I also recommend posting this thread over on Overclock.net, but make it clear that you're not overclocking. They are very good at building computers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/297530-building-gaming-computer-gaming-low-budget-help.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi all About months ago I bought all new parts and assembled a PC for gaming school work The goal was PC, new nothing gaming gaming, during BSOD helps 0x9C to buy parts that are instantly available sold older PC to a friend and I needed a replacement fast and the price range was about - in Finland I ended up with the following parts - Fractal design Define R Black Pearl - Asus DRW- BSOD 0x9C during gaming, new gaming PC, nothing helps F ST BLK G AS x DVD -RW - Kingston HyperX Genesis GB x GB - WD Green TB SATA III MB - MSI GeForce GTX Gaming OC Edition MB - Kingston SSDNow v GB SSD quot - Corsair CX W V - Intel Core i K GHz LGA - BSOD 0x9C during gaming, new gaming PC, nothing helps Asus Z -K Intel Z LGA ATX Decided to save some money and buy heatsink cpu fan later since I also needed a new monitor - Running Windows Ultimate bit I haven't overclocked anything All seemed fine until I installed the first games and Bluescreens started coming up There are different BSOD Im getting more detailed info below Always Machine Check Exeption x C The thing is BSOD only comes during gaming First the sound loops and everything freezes followed by BSOD Searching for the problem I have - Formatted and re-installed everything times - Monitored temperatures with Bios Realtemp Open hardware monitor c- c with heavy gaming - Run sfc scannow chkdsk Seatools Lifeguard Diagnostic Memtest Prime Heaven Benchmark dxdiag no errors in any of them - Borrowed my old rams and graphics card back and replaced the new ones same BSOD still - Removed and put back pretty much all the parts checked the wires etc - Updated all drivers I could think of including all the chipsets and BIOS And nothing makes any difference BSOD doesn't seem to have any logic it might come right when I start gaming or after hours of gaming Record is times a day but it may also wait for days while I think I finally fixed it and then reappears While Im aware that c might be a bit too high BSOD presents itself also with lower temperatures However older speaking of - years games are mostly not crashing Watching movies or surfing in the web doesn't crash ever I also got some debugging help from another forum but weeks of sending dump files resulted this quot well MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION is considered a hardware error I am not sure how to decode the MCA EXCEPTION structure reported kd gt dd fffff ba bb fffff ba bb d a a d quot I'll paste few examples from WhoCrashed and the zip file from DM Log Collector On Thu GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows memory dmp This was probably caused by the following module hal dll hal HalInitializeBios x Bugcheck code x C x xFFFFF BA BB x x Error MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION file path C Windows system hal dll product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL Bug check description This bug check indicates that a fatal machine check exception has occurred The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time On Wed GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module hal dll hal x Bugcheck code x C x xFFFFF BA BB x x Error MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION file path C Windows system hal dll product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL Bug check description This bug check indicates that a fatal machine check exception has occurred The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time On Wed GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module hal dll hal x Bugcheck code x C x xFFFFF BBB x x Error MACHINE CHECK EXCEPT... Read more

A:BSOD 0x9C during gaming, new gaming PC, nothing helps

hello, Lazzi and welcome to the forums. I'll try to help you, but would you please upload the BSOD Posting Instructions here. I can't download the file you linked to without an account, plus we prefer them here. This will tell you how. Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

Also, please open an elevated command prompt ( click start, type cmd in the search box, right click on the cmd entry and select run as administrator) in the black box that opens, copy/paste sfc /scannow. If you decide to type it, notice the space between the sfc and the /. It is a system file checker which will scan your system files and attempt to correct any missing or corrupt files. What we want are the results to say windows found no integrity violations. If it says files were found but could not be repaired, close the box, reboot and run it again, after opening the administrative command prompt. You may have to reboot and run it three times for it to repair all system files. If it can't repair them after 3 reboots, let us know.

And also give as detailed a description as you can about your hardware including the Case, PSU and CPU Cooler, and place them in your system specs. These are the instructions I usually give and maybe it will help you.

Please fill out your System Specs

Information
Your System Specs will help us to help you, and doing it in this manner will make them available to all helpers in every post and keep us from hunting for them. We ask that you fill them out in as much detail as possible including Desktop or Laptop, Model number if it is an OEM computer and all components with the Manufacturer and Model number if possible.

If you will go to your last post and click the 'System Specs' in the bottom left of the post, you will find a link to update your system specs. Please fill those out in as much detail as possible, making sure to click save at the bottom of the page. If you would like to know what we would like, you can click 'My System Specs' at the bottom left of this post to see mine. If you do not know what your components are, this will help you accomplish this task. System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/367303-bsod-0x9c-during-gaming-new-gaming-pc-nothing-helps.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I i BSOD gaming am Occurring when Randomly while gaming??? and not dont know why I recently bought a new computer and it has been doing this since i first got it I dont know why but hopefully you can help me My Computer Stats -Intel BSOD Occurring Randomly while gaming and when i am not gaming??? Core i - K -GIGABYTE GA-Z X-UD H Z - NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti GB -Corsair Vengeance GB - TB Hard Drive -Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold Plus Watts -Microsoft BSOD Occurring Randomly while gaming and when i am not gaming??? Windows Home Premium -Bit Edition Link to My SF tool file should be as a attachment This the message that Windows gave me to check for solution after i restarted the BSOD Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP BCP FFFFFA BC BCP FE BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users dbzethioboy AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt When the BSOD occurred i copyed the code Stop x x xFFFFFA DC x FE x Hopefully you guys could help me out this is the first time i have dealt with something like this Thanks Dbzethioboy

A:BSOD Occurring Randomly while gaming and when i am not gaming???

Hi Welcome to SF

Unfortunately the dumps you uploaded are all 0x124 errors which are hardware related
BSOD Index
My initial thought is as this is new machine i would return it to place of purchase as something is obviously not right, if you wish to look into this then...
Have a read of this thread it will give you some things to try
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try
Analysing your dumps (they are all the same) they state an error with level 2 cache on your cpu

Code:
Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Descriptor @ fffffa800bc43138
Section @ fffffa800bc432c0
Offset : 664
Length : 264
Flags : 0x00000000
Severity : Fatal
Error : DCACHEL2_PREFETCH_ERR (Proc 1 Bank 6)
Address : 0x00000000a3edddc0
Misc. : 0x0000003206000086

Code:
Descriptor @ fffffa800bc59138
Section @ fffffa800bc592c0
Error : DCACHEL2_DRD_ERR (Proc 4 Bank 6)
Address : 0x000000003d1bddc0
Misc. : 0x0000007007000086

Code:
Descriptor @ fffffa800bc22138
Section @ fffffa800bc222c0
Error : DCACHEL2_DRD_ERR (Proc 5 Bank 6)
Address : 0x000000004f4fddc0
Misc. : 0x000000b040000086
So you could potentially be looking at a problem with your cpu or motherboard
Check temperatures and make sure chip is not overheating

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/275126-bsod-occurring-randomly-while-gaming-when-i-am-not-gaming.html
Relevancy 36.12%

hello people im building a gaming PC and it is my first built Till now i had been playing on low end laptop back in times of NFS underground n all then i got XPS L x and xbox -S but they all have their limitations and the laptops cost a lot and dont withstand the threshold of the games of current time first PC in 1080p at 120HZ...... gaming 3D built for at gaming It all becomes very confined and limited So i have decided to go for an ALL GAMING ONLY PC built and im going to do it myself really excited about the first gaming PC built for gaming in 3D at 1080p at 120HZ...... complete project Now ill be playing games in D ie on a D monitor but im not a very big fan of the k or UHD resolutions and will be playing at x p but at HZ instead of hz monitor so keeping all that in mind and with my research over the internet for couple of months i have decided what im buying and i need you guys to help me out finding any problem with this configuration PCPartPicker part list http pcpartpicker com p pV GX Price breakdown by merchant http pcpartpicker com p pV GX by merchant CPU Intel Core i - K GHz Quad-Core Processor Newegg CPU Cooler Cooler Master Seidon M CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Newegg Motherboard MSI Z -GAMING ATX LGA Motherboard Amazon Memory G Skill Ripjaws X Series GB x GB DDR - Memory Newegg Storage Corsair Force LS GB quot Solid State Drive Newegg Storage Seagate Barracuda TB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive OutletPC Video Card MSI GeForce GTX GB Twin Frozr Video Card Directron Case NZXT Phantom White ATX Mid Tower Case Amazon Power Supply Corsair CX W Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply Newegg Monitor Asus VG QE Hz quot Monitor Newegg Total now will all things work fine with eachother i dont want something to mismatch with the other Also if i can get a motherboard cheaper then this one which supports click Overclocking like OC gene in this case and USB Audio headers for front panel of the case I would like to save some money And im really very confused about the graphic card is going for a good move or should i stick to only Remember ill be playing in D at HZ minimum at p any more suggestions you give me will be rewarded with kisses of your loved ones today lol nbsp

A:first gaming PC built for gaming in 3D at 1080p at 120HZ......

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/first-gaming-pc-built-for-gaming-in-3d-at-1080p-at-120hz.1138331/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hello I am currently wanting to begin the process of upgrading various parts of my computer in the upcoming months The first item I would like to do upgrade is the RAM I am currently using BG x and would like to Time Solved: Upgrading Hardware - Upgrading First double that I was thinking of going with the Corsair Vengeance x Eventually I would like Solved: Upgrading Hardware - First Time Upgrading to have a pretty sick gaming computer As of right now it can handle a lot but can struggle from time to time if I crank up the graphic settings I guess the reason I am posting this is to ask a few questions Would upgrading RAM be a good starting point if wanting to upgrade other hardware as well I was thinking of also swapping out the video card cpu and adding some fans when I get money that is I must sound like a complete novice right now lol but I am ready to finally go through with this because my computer is starting to feel like it is getting behind the times in terms of speed and performance haha Anyway any insight into this topic and or first time upgrading specifically with the RAM would be grrreat Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 36.12%

I've managed to upgrade some of my home PC's from Win or Win to Wn without any significant problems but I am having major difficulty upgrading one of my PC's It is running Win Home -bit and when I originally ran the Windows upgrade advisor it indicated that I could not upgrade as my NVidia GEForce graphics card was incompatible with Windows I tried various workarounds using suggestions on this and other sites to upgrade with the GEForce card but none were successful So I purchased and to 10 upgrading card graphics Win after Upgrading - incompatible installed a new graphics card - an AMD Radeon R which should be Win compatible Upgrading to Win 10 - after upgrading incompatible graphics card I then re-ran the Win upgrade advisor - it still said that I couldn't upgrade as the quot GeForce card quot was incompatible - even though it was no longer installed I checked the Upgrading to Win 10 - after upgrading incompatible graphics card Device Manager and the graphics card was clearly showing as being the AMD card I then explicitly uninstalled any NVidia drivers software using the Control Panel Program uninstall - still unable to upgrade to Win I also ran the Wagnard tools quot Display driver uninstaller quot and removed any NVidia software drivers - still unable to upgrade I am using the latest drivers from the AMD website I also tried to upgrade using the Media Creation tool and a Win image from DVD previously this also failed to work and gave the incompatible graphics card error this seemed to work up to a point but after a reboot it wanted me to select a keyboard layout but neither my usb keyboard nor mouse would function and the installation froze On rebooting the OS reverted to Win and the keyboard mouse worked ok I want to upgarde to Win rather than do a fresh install but am now unsure what to do - I keep getting the quot Incompatible GEForce graphics card quot message anytime I run the Win advisor tool even after downloading it again from the MS website Any suggestions as to how I can resolve this issue and finally upgrade

A:Upgrading to Win 10 - after upgrading incompatible graphics card

Windows 10 no longer supports NVIDIA 6-Series Graphics Cards anymore as of Windows 8

Hint : Install drivers manually through device manager (it may or may not work)

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/40228-upgrading-win-10-after-upgrading-incompatible-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 34.83%

So over the past couple of weeks i've been getting alot of BSoD while gaming on my laptop, the most common being failure to reset display drivers.
It seems to be a driver problem but I've tried re-installing them and it hasn't had an effect.
I wasn't sure how to properly do a fresh install so if someone could recommend a way of doing a fresh install.
Also more recently my GPU hasn't been appearing on my device manager randomly, but after a reset it comes back.
I've attached the dump files following the guides, not sure if I have done it properly though.
Help would be appreciated soon as I don't want this ?1000 laptop to die

A:Various BSoD while gaming and some randomly while not gaming.

Yeah, you are having problems with the Nvidia driver.

Your msinfo.32 shows that as disabled though, that could just be at the time the report was created.

Where did you get that driver, it appears to be a beta driver from Nvidia.

Have you tried just using the driver from the manufacturer? They usually modify drivers for their hardware.

I can see it is an older driver but that may be your best option,

MSI Global GT70 0NC 64

How is your laptop cooling? Have you made sure the cooling vents are clean?

All that being said, here is a useful guide for Nvidia drivers,

NVIDIA Drivers - Avoid Problems

Try cleaning your laptop vents and doing a clean install of the driver from MSI to see if it makes a difference.

If you still want to do a clean install, this tutorial can help with that,

Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/331211-various-bsod-while-gaming-some-randomly-while-not-gaming.html
Relevancy 34.83%

First of all i wanna say hello and congratulations for this helpful site To the point My pc specs are GPU Twintech GT mb MOBO Asus P QL-E CPU Intel Core Quad Q PSU Silverstone Element W RAM Mushkin gb DDR So all of these except my graphics card are new I m having for about - months now been getting BSODs after a period of time playing games I While gaming[moved from BSOD gaming] ve formated my pc times so i ve realised it is nothing related to software I asked lots of ppl and technicians and told me that it was my old PSU W So i changed it with the one mentioned Same happened with the RAM before buying them - moths ago I had changed sets of RAM i had nothing still So i really need your help on this coz if u ever had this problem u d knew how it feels to try play BSOD While gaming[moved from gaming] a game and suddenly a blue pops up disturbs u I really think it is the GPU but i gotta know what pros think PS These are some of the bsod i get

A:BSOD While gaming[moved from gaming]

Hello and welcome to TSF and thanks for the compliment.

I think this is your RAM. I need you to do a test...

Please download http://www.memtest.org// It's saved as an iso so you need to burn it to a cd and boot with it(yes it's legal). Make sure you run it for each stick, as in taking every stick but one then switching. I would recommend running them overnight(each).
You may want to dust your ram carefully!
Make sure you get no finger prints on the RAM as it may damage it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/bsod-while-gaming-moved-from-gaming-460361.html
Relevancy 34.83%

So I m new to the forum and I was hoping my issue can be resolved or at least get some insight on what is causing my PC to crash The rig is brand new and I just installed windows and updated everything so it s getting really depressing gettting your new PC to crash this much During gaming or watching videos or downloading heavy programas i e Games my computer will just freeze out and I can t task manager out of it the only way out is to turn it off my holding the power button Sometime when watching a video it ll crash and a sound just loops from the speakers in the screen I ve tried Changing RAM sticks and only using one Re installing windows and all the drivers WhoCrashed doesn t give me any crash reports not even when I had it open and the PC crashed Specs http speccy piriform com results vF GuRJcFeP FEXkKQf rIZ Any type of insight would really be apreciated

A:New Gaming Rig crashes during gaming and videos

Here is a review on Newegg, about your motherboard ?
That may shed some light on your problem you are having.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/SingleProductReview.aspx?reviewid=3972564

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/630217/new-gaming-rig-crashes-during-gaming-and-videos/
Relevancy 34.83%

HI BleepingComputer,

I recently bought a new gaming computer. I am really happy with it, but when I tried to test her out with some new games, my whole computer crashes. The games I tried it with are League of Legends and Counter Strike Global offensive. Here is a speccy for anyone intrested http://speccy.piriform.com/results/qLb4kYSzKDwZyFeBstSWHDf. I hope you guys can help me. Thanks in advance

Luke

Edit: I think it has to do with my graphic card; when run speccy while playing csgo it registered 97 degrees. Is there anything I can do?

A:Gaming Computer crashes while gaming

Look at the event viewer to find which part of you PC causes the problem, read this guide http://www.howtogeek.com/school/using-windows-admin-tools-like-a-pro/lesson3/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/562532/gaming-computer-crashes-while-gaming/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi,

I bought Windows 7 having come from Vista. However, there is a BIOS update for my system. The new BIOS update states: The BIOS updates the fan control algorithm of the system, and turns the fan on at low volume while your notebook PC is operational. If you are currently experiencing any symptoms on your notebook PC, please contact HP for support. It is located here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...340180&lang=en

I'd love to flash it but not sure if it will ruin my computer as it's more than likely not designed for flash when Windows 7 is on it or do you's know any better?

I also have 2 blue vertical lines going do the right hand side of the screen. I've seen loads of problems but no solutions. Has any fixed this HP problem?

Cheers folks!

A:Upgrading BIOS after Upgrading from Vista to 7

The BIOS is the stuff that happens BEFORE Windows starts to load.
Do you have issues with overheating or with the fan? If so, the BIOS update is for you.
Also, BIOS flashes are dangerous - and you can turn your computer into a paperweight by doing it incorrectly. In short, if it ain't broke - don't fix it!

The type of lines that you describe on your screen are usually caused by hardware issues. Send it in for repair if the system is under warranty. If not, then get an estimate from a local computer store - it may be cheaper to live with it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/upgrading-bios-after-upgrading-from-vista-to-7-a-451070.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Hello Forum,

I have build a Gaming PC and i was trying to use the MSI Gaming app. It worked but nowadays when i change the mode it gives me an instant BSOD. i have uploaded the BSOD .zip file as instructed.

Thank you for your help,

Kind regards,
Jan L

A:BSOD when starting MSI Gaming App and change to gaming mode or OC mode

I already have runned the memtest. i had 10 passes and 0 errors

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/335313-bsod-when-starting-msi-gaming-app-change-gaming-mode-oc-mode.html
Relevancy 32.25%

hey i was wondering if you could help me with a small problem ive been having. i use a 8600gt on vista ultimate and have been using it for 1 year, but ive experienced a much slower gaming experience on games like cod 5 and gta 4 with vista ultimate and windows aero, yet when i reverted to using xp my problems were solved, but since windows vista basic doesnt use aero, would the gaming experience be any different on vista basic than it is on windows xp? thanks a bunch , raiyan =)

A:Vista gaming vs Xp gaming

Well i read that only the vista can use the all power of the new directx, so it should be better for games, anyway Windows Vista is heavier than the XP, even if you disable the Aero. How many RAM do u have?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-gaming-vs-xp-gaming.792726/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have a vista and i was wondering which is better for pc gaming. Windows vista of windows xp?

A:which is a better os for gaming???

It has been suggested that Vista provides better support for modern games because the most recent version of directx isn't supported by XP. If you want to use XP, though, I have recently found evidence of a non-M$ effort to fix this incompatibility. Find it with google as the downloads seem to be somewhat transitory at present!

Slainte

midders

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-is-a-better-os-for-gaming.877397/
Relevancy 25.8%

hello im looking for some advice on what parts i should be looking for to go along with what i already have

i have

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400-cpu
Antec Nine Hundred-case
GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L LGA-mobo
mouse keyboard os
monitor

i was leaning towards

EVGA 512-P3-1151-TR GeForce GTS 250-video card
Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB-hard drive
LG GH22NP20-optical drive
Corsair CMPSU-650TX 650W-power supply

also the budget is around $410
thanks in advance for the advice/suggestions

A:New gaming rig

Use a 64-bit Operating System, (if running Vista) and install 4 GB memory, mached to your motherboard's specs

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-gaming-rig.125594/
Relevancy 25.8%
Q: Gaming

alright I have Chronicles of Riddick and I am trying to install it but it gets like 97% done and then a window pops up saying "Game has crashed. Do you want to create a crash log?" and I dont know what to do... I just need to know what the problem is and what I can do to fix it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming.902236/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have just finished building my first build but i am really conflicted on weather to buy a CRT OF LCD, because for one i don't have the space for a CRT, and i intend to do a lot of 3D gaming...so my question is some of the new LCD'S now offer 16ms..is this enough to avoid ghosting...and if anyone knows of an LCD offered at a good price please post, preferably 17inch no more than $350. I do 95% of my shopping on newegg. THANKS

A:Lcd's For Gaming!!!

You really need around a 10ms response rate before ghosting ceases to be noticeable. Some people will notice the ghosting more than others. My wife can't tell the difference between the HDTV and the Analog TV, I can... Also, I can't seem to stand a monitor without at least a 85 hertz refresh rate, she's fine with the default 60 hertz.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lcds-for-gaming.296602/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi guys, I recently bought a pre-built gaming desktop. I usually get 40-45*C when idle, and around 60-70*C when playing games like Skyrim or Crysis 2. Is it normal?

CPU: AMD FX-4100 Quadcore

Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 Midi Tower black, 1X 120mm fan, Blue LEDs
Motherboard: M5A78L- M LX V2

GPU: Sapphire radeon 6870
RAM: 4GB 1333 Mhz
Power supply: Silver Power SP-SS500 500W

Any idea how I can keep the temperature down?

This is what I got after play Crysis 2 for around 45 minutes:

A:Too hot for gaming?

I wouldn't say those temps are horrible and will kill your system. However, staying cool will usually prolong the life of your parts and prevent all sorts of weird issues.
Take a look here: http://www.techspot.com/community/t...art-I-cleanliness-is-next-to-coolness.180136/
You may find some ways to lower temps. There's also a part 2 of that guide and you can find it in the "guides" section of the forum.
Hope this helps!

Oh and btw are you experience any overheating symptoms? ie. crashes, restarts, bsod's, FPS drop, etc.?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/too-hot-for-gaming.183671/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi, I'm thinking of building my first gaming pc this summer (3 months from now). I live in Spain so the prices may be different. Tell me please how good my PC will be, what changes would you make to be better without exceeding the Budget. My budget is 650Euros. I'm NOT going to overclock.

The Nvidia GTX 700 series (780 - 770) are out. In 4 days Intel Haswell are announced. What happens in 3 months? Will prices go down?

I was thinking this:

CPU: Intel i5 3470 ( 170Euro ) or AMD FX-8320 ( 150Euro )

CPU Fan: Stock

Motherboard: AsRock B75M R2.0 ( 63Euro ) or AsRock 970 Extreme 4 ( 90Euro)

HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB ( 60Euro )

Graphics Card: Sapphire 7870 Ghz Edition ( 200Euro)

RAM: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600 2x4GB ( 60Euro)

PSU: Nox Nx series 620W ( 40Euro )

Case: Nox NX-3 ( 35Euro)

TOTAL: INTEL: 628EURO ------ AMD: 635EURO

Relevancy 25.8%

Hey guys, I'm looking to build a Gaming Rig for around £200-£350. I have the monitor, mouse, graphics card and keyboard sorted but I would like some advise with the rest. So far I have chosen:
Motherboard
ASUS M4A88TD-M USB3 AMD 880G Motherboard

CPU

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Quad Core Processor

RAM

Corsair 4GB DDR3 RAM

Hard Drive

Seagate Barracuda 1TB

DVD Burner

ASUS DRW-24B1ST DVD Burner

Case

Thermaltake V3 Black Edition Mid Tower Case

Power Supply

Cooler Master GX Series 650W
Can anyone suggest any cheaper/cost effective parts that wont blow the budget and the cheapest place to buy them. Also can someone tell me that everything listed will fit together and is compatible. Thanks in advance chaps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-new-gaming-rig.1012655/
Relevancy 25.8%

Greetings!

I'm going through dad's old computer parts and want to rebuild a 90's gaming machine. There's a lot of crap in store, so I tried to do as much research as I could on the parts, but I'm still not entirely sure. So I'm going to list the specs, and I need some opinions! If you're familiar with late 90s gaming, hopefully you can judge whether or not this would have been considered high end at the time. Alright...

CPU: Intel Pentium 3 450 (450 MHz)
Memory: 128 MB
Hard Drive: 20 GB
Video card: ATI Rage 128 Magnum (32 MB VRAM)
Monitor: 1024x768 LCD
Sound card: Sound Blaster Live! Value 5.1
Motherboard: Some generic Intel board.
Case: Some old beige case.

There it is! I'm looking to play old games like Quake 3, Unreal Tournament, etc. Should I expect to get decent framerates on the highest settings with these specs?

A:90's Gaming PC

You will be able to run those games fine. You are above the minimum requirements. I can not exactly tell you what framerates to expect, but they will be at a very playable rate.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/90s-gaming-pc.1059304/
Relevancy 25.8%

Ok so I have a list the best of the ones that I know which fit to my liking with the smoothing and skiting I want it to be smooth as SteelSeries SX cause it was the best but after - years of sets they are not making it anymore and what I have has lost the smoothing on some areas which is annoying the middle areas So I am looking for the best one to buy and it must support Laser mice cause I saw that some aren t or ppl say they doesn t work as good with optical SteelSeries SP The gaming best pad? Gaming MousePad SteelSeries S amp S Pegasus Rigid Gaming Mouse Pad SteelSeries HD Mionix Sargas Material Durable smooth and flexible microfiber http mionix net products sargas- Mionix Propus Material PVC-plastic base http mionix net products propus- Mionix Ensis Material Aluminium alloy http mionix net products The best gaming pad? ensis- and is this glidez are better than the SteelSeries ones The best gaming pad? MIONIX GAMING MOUSE GLIDEZ MOUSE FEET - ACC-GLIDEZ I am The best gaming pad? preferring the Mionix Ensis cause its aluminum just like the SteelSeries SX so it s like even better and cheaper http mionix net products ensis- The thing is what is better for Laser Mices Cloth - Plastic - aluminum nbsp

A:The best gaming pad?

Plastics are the best for lasers, I have a g700 also and use a standard anti-static mat from office depot for my mouse, I like the slight pull it take to get the mouse moving. You really have to try them until you like one, everyone likes a different feel.There are even differences into the smooth gliding ones. Mionix Propus 380 looks good to me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-best-gaming-pad.185795/
Relevancy 25.8%
Q: Gaming

What is the best affordable motherboard, chip, video combination for games.

Relevancy 25.8%

Hi everyone hope your all well after christmas and onto my question Since my last PC died just b christmas i have decided to build my own gaming rig and Gaming Rig New i need some advice input its all in the planning stages right now So far this is my shortlist possible changes in brackets CASE Antec Two Hundred V Ultimate Gaming Case MOBO Asus P Z -V LX S Intel Z DDR ATX or Gigabyte Z AP-D LGA Intel Z DDR ATX USB PSU OCZ Technology ZS Series W Bronze Power Supply CPU New Gaming Rig Intel Core i - GHz LGA MB or an i k for possible OC GPU PNY GeForce GTX Ti MHz GB PCI-Express HDMI RAM Corsair Vengeance GB x GB DDR MHz CL XMP HDD Hitachi TB Deskstar SATA GB s RPM quot Hard Drive DVD Sony Optiarc x Internal DVD Multi Writer with Black Bezel Bare also have assorted odds and ends like case fans and such like Will i need a better cpu cooler i m not going to be OCing anything for at least a year and not going Sli for a while nbsp

Relevancy 25.8%

Ok building a new system for work and gaming I have a spare copy of XP 32-bit home edition and want to know is XP able to use a quad core it will be an amd socket am2 or am2+ thanks

A:XP for gaming?

Yes it will definitely run with a quad core. One thing you can do is download a "meter" (XP widget or sidebar gadget) that monitors each core, and show you what percentage each core is utilizing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-for-gaming.1001797/
Relevancy 25.8%

I Like? Rig Look My Gaming How's was curious how you guys think my gaming rig will perform I want to say that I was going to get the Ivy Bridge Core i K but upon seeing it s been delayed until June I think I m gonna go ahead and get the Sandy Bridge K Do you guys think I should wait or not The only thing I am waiting on is the GeForce GTX to come out Here s my rig http secure newegg com WishList PublicWishDetail aspx WishListNumber If that doesn t come up for you guys then I ll break it down by component Case COOLER MASTER HAF http www newegg com Product Product How's My Gaming Rig Look Like? aspx Item N E Motherboard MSI P A-G http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Video Card GeForce GTX or Ti PSU How's My Gaming Rig Look Like? CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E CPU Intel Core i - How's My Gaming Rig Look Like? K Sandy Bridge http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E RAM G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E So this is my proposed gaming rig From what I ve read personally it looks like IB will be about to faster than SB on some applications The only thing I must wait on is Kepler so I d like to get the but I may have to get a Ti Here s the way I like to do things now I usually do a full upgrade every to years I might not always upgrade my PSU and I rarely upgrade my case my current case is years old an old Antec case I upgrade my video card every years When I do things like this I m usually able to play all the current games out at their highest setting or nearly the highest settings with all games So I m looking to be able to play any current and upcoming games with this proposed rig for years before I upgrade the video card and to years after that I ll do a full upgrade minus the case next time and possibly the PSU So what do you guys think IB isn t going to be that much faster than SB right nbsp

Relevancy 25.8%

Processor: Intel Core i7 2600k @ 5.6Ghz (Overclocked)
Water Cooling: XSPC water cooling kit, 360mm Xspc rad, Pump, Reservior, Red high end coolant that doesnt need cleaning for a year.
Rams: 8GB Gskill Ripjaw X 4 x 2GB @ 2133Mhz @ 1.6v
Hard Drive: 2x 750GB WD Caviar Black edition, Dual Proccessor HDD
Graphics Card: 2x Nvdia GeForce GTX 570, SLI (Both cards Overclocked @ 800/1000/1600, 100% stable for 24/7, 78c Max temp)
MotherBoard: Asrock Fatality P67 Gaming Gear, Professional series (6x Sata 3.0, Premium Gold Caps, 5x Usb 3.0, 2x Lan ports.)
Casing: NZXT Phantom, Red, Full tower, with NZXT red sleeve kit
Power Supply: Hec Cougar GX 1050w, Modular cables, 80+ Gold! (Maximum power output of 1200w)

is this rig good? im planning on buying this from e-bay..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-rig.1043877/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello

i have a gaming pc that i out together and i want to upgrade pretty much all of it.

current specs

MSI SDRAM Motherboard
1 GIG of ram
Pent 4 2.0 GHz
Wester Dig 120 gig HDD
Nvidia GeForce 6800
5.1 card

things i am going to buy, but cant decide on a motherboard

BFG Tech BFGR78256GTXOC Geforce 7800GTX 256MB
the reason i dont want ATI is because installing drivers can be a pain, my cousin has one and i dont like it, i love my older Nvidia.

i need advice on a motherboard and also
i am going to use the same hdd, sound card and of course new ram going for 4 gigs total and i dont know if i should get a new CPU.

thank you

A:Gaming Pc

If you're wanting a GAMING computer:

1. Have you considered switching to the Athlon lineup? Not really necessary, as a fast Pentium is also very sweet, but the Athlons do tend to perform a little better in gaming.
2. You won't need 4Gb of ram. 2Gb (dual channel) is really the max you'll ever need.

You mention being uncertain as to whether or not you should upgrade your CPU... I'd say yes. Yours is a little dated. It wouldn't make sense to have a 7800GTX and 4Mb of ram with a 2Ghz CPU. It would be a huge bottleneck on your system.

If you want, give us your budget, and a list of exactly what you would need and we can try and put together your system with you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-pc.44521/
Relevancy 25.8%

I'm new to posting here, so if this is the wrong section, I do apologise. I am thinking about getting a basic gaming computer for games and demanding tasks such as HD video editing. I am looking into purchasing this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/4170-QUAD-C...NLQC/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1348519729&sr=8-8 Would it be a good choice?

A:New ~£400 gaming PC

That's not very good value for £380, it doesn't even come with Windows. You'll get a much better system if you're willing to build it yourself, what's your budget?

The FX-4170 is not going to be good enough for video editing/encoding, it's not even a real quad core processor. For gaming you should be looking at a 6850/6870 or GTX 650 to play at medium/high settings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-%C2%A3400-gaming-pc.185643/
Relevancy 25.8%

So I Built a New Gaming Rig and I m Having Two Issues with it I lll List Everything I Have Installed and I Hope to God That You Guys Can Help Me CPU - Intel Core i - k Gaming New .... Rig CPU Fan - Cooler Master Hyper EVO Mobo - EVGA -SB-E -KR ATX LGA Mem - G New Gaming Rig .... Skill Ripjaws Series GB x GB DDR - HDD - Seagate Barracuda ST AS GB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot SSD - Crucial M GB quot Graphics - EVGA Nvidia GTX s SLI d Sound - Auzentech Home Theatre HD Card Case - COOLER MASTER HAF X RC- -KKN Black Steel Plastic ATX Full Tower Power Supply - Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold Power Supply W ATX Optical Drive- Asus BW- B ST BLK G AS Blu-Ray DVD CD Writer Operating System- Windows Enterprise Bit There s Two Major Issues That I ve Run into with this machine so far I m A Certified and this is the first time i ve had this issue One I ve read TONS of overclocking guides and i finally found all the specific settings for my motherboard pertaining to shutting off energy efficiency and power saving modes to even ALLOW overclocking after getting all the right settings it s pretty easy from there Just increase the multiplier and you can overclock it with ease Here s where my problem comes in though Increase Multiplier and voltage to about doesn t work it tests stable with prime but after a few restarts it ll take forever for my machine to restart and i ll get blue screens from time to time Increase the Multiplier and set the motherboard to auto voltage puts my voltage at about the same tests stable no blue screens so far but after about restarts it takes forever for my computer to load up and i KNOW it s the overclock because after i reset the bios settings to default and get rid of it the pc loads up within a few seconds because of my solid state That s ONE of my issues The other one i m guessing would be an easy fix that i m overlooking but i ve Tried a ton of things My Asus Blu Ray Writer is supposed to play blu rays too and i ve tried quite a few pieces of software to get it to work but nothing will make it play blu rays nbsp

A:New Gaming Rig ....

First if you plan to do overclock you should get DDR3 1600 or higher RAM instead of DDR 1333.. And your system is fast enough.... Being A+ Certified you should know system stable is the major important...

Second issue is what software you use to play bluray disc.... Window 7 not come with any software to play bluray... I don't know what software Asus COme with .... By mostly use CyperLink... They come with a Diagnostic to find what problem you have...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-gaming-rig.1039237/
Relevancy 25.8%

As the title mentioned,im upgrading once again and need a little advice.
The 780 basically has the same specs as a 7970 (3GB,384bit etc) whereas the R9 290 (simple edition,not "x") has 4GB and 512bit and in my opinion will last much longer.
I still remember when the 7970 came out,it was slower then GTX 670 and now its almost equal to GTX 770.
So really confused about this.
Will get this R9 290 from a local shop: SAPPHIRE R9 290 4GB GDDR5
Its on sale for almost 430$ whereas the GTX 780 will cost almost a 100$ more.
In the long term,which would be better? I make Gameplay videos as well so the extra Vram would help a lot as well. But i really like Nvidia too,many new games prefer nvidia GPU's and in those games,AMD cards act like pre-historic tech. AC4 is the best example of this.

A:R9 290 or GTX 780 for gaming?

Check out this link.

In my opinion, go for Nvidia.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/319859-r9-290-gtx-780-gaming.html
Relevancy 25.8%

im after buying a new pc tower for gaming. ive got around 1000 pound to spend with or without windows
mostly be playing ark survival evolved. would like to play it on high settings

/Thnx

A:Gaming Set up

Hi there gav1958

Have a look here EA Games - System Requirement Checking Tool

http://www.pchelpforum.com/gaming/125924-gaming-set-up.html
Relevancy 25.8%
Q: gaming

I like to play cards on Pogo.com but I cannot log on.  I have Windows 11, I think.  I had Windows 7 and want to go back to it.   I upgraded to Windows 10 and that is when I   experienced problems.  Also, I can't get Java on my computer.  I went to Internet Options and clicked on Security and I enabled it, but still cannot get on this website.  Can you help me out.  I want Windows 7 back again. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/gaming/td-p/5613144
Relevancy 25.8%

Why do newer games require windows XP or 98 to run their games?

A:XP for gaming

Alot of the older games have not upgraded their software and are not compatible with XP. I have a drawer full of programs that are outdated,
same story with the hardware, outdated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-for-gaming.323797/
Relevancy 25.8%

I was just wondering of someone could give me some tips on which would be better for "GAMING".

A high end 775 motherboard with a high end core 2 duo cpu,

or an x58 mobo with the cheapest i7 cpu??

thanks.

A:X58 vs 775 - Gaming?

x58 with the i7 920.

You can overclock with it too, just takes some tweaking.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/x58-vs-775-gaming.116068/
Relevancy 25.8%

Is this setup a good setup? Ill be using this pc for mainly gaming and recording gameplay

http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/2A7NUOW0CKKLW/ref=topnav_lists_1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-pc.1115836/
Relevancy 25.8%
Q: gaming

hi sir , i just wants a good gaming experience on my hp pavilion dv3 entertainment notebook pc , i just wants to know that which just of softwares or drivers you recommend for the best gaming experience or any specified drivers for my pc

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/gaming/td-p/5778713
Relevancy 25.8%

What are you going to use the PC for Gaming How much is your budget - Rig Gaming Where are you located aka fill out your profile USA Are you willing to buy online Yes I have before Are you going to re-use any parts from an earlier build No Do you need other peripherals like a monitor keyboard and mouse among others No Have you already bought any parts No I don t know how much I want to spend but - and I say this as Gaming Rig a laymen - under the hypothetical that you have - dollars to spend What is the best possible PC you d build All the components down the line I am not interested in looks just performance I want a rig that can run Crysis perfectly Something as good or better than this http gizmodo com falcon-northwest-mach-v-fastest-pc-yet-runs-crysis-at- fps These are some of the parts I saw in the Falcon PC that was said to run Crysis FPS GHz Intel Core i Extreme Edition An Intel X chipset GB of MHz DDR SDRAM x GB ATI Radeon HD X TB RPM Hitachi hard drive GB Intel X- M solid-state drive So for anyone interested could you lay out the parts one-by-one that would make the best gaming PC w the money I m willing to spend Thanks nbsp

A:Gaming Rig

Those parts are pretty much what you should go for. I would recommend swapping the Hitachi drive for a WD Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB drive though, and getting a single HD 4870X2. Slap on a Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme onto the CPU using the LGA 1366 backplate, and you would be able to get a superb OC out of it.

Also, get a good-quality full-tower case. I recommend the Cooler Master Stacker series, Antec Twelve Hundred, and the Thermaltake Armor and Kandalf series as great case choices. If you want some real quality stuff though, get a Lian-Li Powersuit PC-P80 or Tyr PC-X2000.

Lastly, and most importantly, get a good-quality modular PSU with enough power for any graphics cards upgrades. The Corsair HX1000 is a great choice, as is the Silverstone ST1200.

Note that the best possible parts now will be old tech a year or two down the line. That is how rapidly the PC hardware market changes. Still, with those parts, you should not need to upgrade for at least 2-3 years down the line.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-rig.121317/
Relevancy 25.8%

hi there
my specs are q6600 quad core processer
xfi sound card 7.1
logitech x530 speakers
2x512mb 8600gt graphics cards in sli
4gb of corsair ram
500gb of memory
armour case ,19inch samsung moniter and a 17inch moniter
700w psu my question is do i just install games and play or do i have to download drivers for vista or anything else as most of the games i have are for xp and what is the difference between xp and vista thanks for your help

A:new to gaming please help

When you're in vista the first thing you have to do is install vista drivers, then you can start installing and playing games

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/150306-new-gaming-please-help.html
Relevancy 25.8%

Which is bette for gaming and multimedia, Windows XP Pro or Home?

A:Gaming OS?

If you are going to buy one or the other you may as well get pro but it's not going to make a difference gaming either way.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-os.499367/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hey looking for a good psu for gaming.
Under £50 and >350 watts
Thanks !

Relevancy 25.8%

Hello all, I just bought me a new pc ( HP Pavilion dv9925nr Notebook PC) and to go with the new pc, I bought Call of Duty 4. Just trying to play the Single player game resluts in very slow game play and unsmooth playing experience. I am pretty sure that I have updated my drivers which caused the game to become playable with everything off and at a low resolution. I am not sure on what specs I need to include but here is what have.

Model: AMD turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60 2.00 Ghz

Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB

System type: 64-bit Operating System

Nivida Geforce Go 7150M

A:Need help with pc gaming

CoD 4 is going to put a heavy demand on your graphics chip, which wasn't really designed for heavy gaming in the first place. However, since it's such a great game, it would be a shame if you weren't able to enjoy it.

I would get the latest DirectX update: Latest DirectX Update.

After that, right click on the desktop, select NVIDI control panel. Under the Adjust Image Settings with Preview menu, use the slider at the bottom to run your drivers on "performance" instead of "quality", which is their default.

A lot of bad play may also be coming from your sound settings. I'd turn sound details to low and to off wherever given the option.

If it's still not quite there you can further adjust your 3D settings by going back to the nvidia control panel and using the drop down menu under program control to adjust call of duty iw3sp.exe

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/176985-need-help-pc-gaming.html
Relevancy 25.8%

Hey All I am thinking about building a new gaming computer but would love to get some assistance and advice on the parts to use Rig Gaming Help So far here s what I ve come up with trying to keep it to a budget of CAD Mobo Asus P Q-E Socket Intel P ICH R Chipset Dual-Channel DDR MHz Dual Gigabit LAN -channel High Definition Audio x PCI Express x Slots x SATA Gb s CPU Intel Core Quad Q Quad-Core Socket LGA GHz MHz FSB MB L Cache nm Retail Box BX Q OR AMD Phenom X W Black Edition Quad Core Socket AM GHz Mb Cache MHz HT nm HD ZXAGHBOX Ram Gaming Rig Help OCZ OCZ RPR GK DDR PC - MHz Reaper HPC Edition GB x Dual Channel Kit after mail-in rebate HDD Seagate Barracuda ST AS SATA NCQ Gb s GB TB MB Cache OEM GPU SAPPHIRE L Radeon HD MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card Case Antec Sonata III Quiet Super Mid Tower with Watt power supply For the drives not sure if I want just DVD - RW DL or BluRay etc That ll push it a bit past the budget but will see later Thanks for any help nbsp

A:Gaming Rig Help

Scrap the phenom idea, wasted space I'd go with a 650-700 watt power supply though

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-rig-help.118057/
Relevancy 25.8%

Currently I built me a semi-powerful gaming computer I bought all the PC Gaming parts did my research and it loaded up perfect Played a few games and watch a few movies on netflix and everything was going good Until I turned it off and the following morning I got up turned on my computer and was surfing the web and BAM it turned off immediately I thought It was windows update so i thought nothing of it and turned it back on and soon as it turned it on a few seconds Gaming PC later it turned off by it self And If I left it alone it will restart and doing it all over again So I had to turn it of manually with the power switch in the back and I waited about minutes and it will boot up normally and MAYBE it will turn off by it self and start restarting itself over and over again Until I flip the switch i don t think its a over heating problem I think it has something to do with my bios I came across this Code http www xtremesystems org forums showthread php -ASUS-P P -series-Double-POST-at-Cold-Boot-Fix And that sounds just like my problem But of course I am not a professional by any means What do you think the problem is and if you please post any fixes nbsp

Relevancy 25.8%

Hi all,and good morning from S.C. My question I guess would be;Do graphic-cards actually help with gaming?I mean when I play RE5,with or without ATI,I notice no difference in gameplay or appearance.If any of you sagatious peers could point me to some simple to understand literature on the matter,I would be grateful.I appologize if this has been covered previously.Thank-you all.

A:CCC,MOM, and Gaming

What do you mean specifically "with or without ATi?"

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/90263-ccc-mom-gaming.html
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello My pc has been running games poorly after my clean windows install I can run windows perfectly but when I try to run games it lags big time For example when I run rust I get fps Even when I run a quot small quot game like Fistful of Frags I get fps It s as if my pc is only running games on my cpu and not gpu I ve downloaded all updates for windows and have downloaded new help. Gaming pc drivers for my gpu as well I ve tried to get help from other forums Steam but the quot professionals quot there told me to download a bunch of benchmarking programs for my fps This has happened before when I had a ti but it was fixed by tweaking the Nvidia Control Panel settings I have tried today but it didn Gaming pc help. t work I ve tried everything I have at the top of my head but they obviously didn t work Fyi I built my pc a year ago and upgraded my video card Specs I - Asus Gefore GTX OC gb gb ram B ma-e MOBO w PSU Seagate tb Windows Ultimate x On Asus Tweak the clock speed and vram are only on bar but I think it s the stock numbers Out of fustration ive tried putting my clock speed etc on max but nothing really happened Help me please hopefully I don t have to get a new MoBo or cpu because I have no money nbsp

Relevancy 25.8%

Hi friends I m going to build a gaming rig amp I m short-listing here all the components I m going to buy plz suggest if I ve overlooked anything AMD FX plz don t suggest Intel as I just can t stand that brand ASRock Extreme MoBo Corsair Vengeance DDR RAM x GB SSD - Samsung Series GB HDD - Seagate Barracuda TB amp TB amp my old WD GB Cooler Master TPC CPU Cooler Lite On BD Writer NZXT Phantom Series full tower cabinet last but not the least thinking of PSU - Cooler Master GX W is it compatible with will it be enough for a little gaming note that I m not planning to overclock at all but want to make it future-proof as best as A gaming new rig I can somewhere I read that this particular PSU is compatible only with Intel is that true if so plz suggest a similar or better PSU for my rig am I missing something what else do I need to complete my rig yesterday I posted this same question but apparently it vanished from the forum I tried hard to find it but couldn t so I m posting again amp if my previous post is A new gaming rig still alive then very very sorry for my double-post plz help me friends waiting for ur valuable reply I m just a noob here amp also in building rigs so if I m doing anything wrong plz bare with me God bless u all oh forgot to mention I m using Win Ultimate -bit amp my graphics card is Nvidia GeForce not going to change it for some time nbsp

A:A new gaming rig

1 request. plz suggest me good & trusted online shopping sites & if remotely possible then from India. bcoz not many sellers sell world-wide & I'm an ebay member, but I do not trust them with costly items. several times they failed me. (read cheated me intentionally & I couldn't do a thing about it !!!)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-new-gaming-rig.191125/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have been playing games in 3D using nVidia Discover and 3d anaglyph glasses (red/cyan). Everything would be great but there is one thing - colours kinda suck with these galsses as some of the colours are missing. Recently I saw some videos where games are played in 3d too, but instead of using glasses, this 3d uses cross-eye method. So, I'm wondering, is there any programs that can make games 3d by using cross-eye method?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/3d-gaming.154403/
Relevancy 25.8%

can you have a pc hd gaming experience? do you need a perticular monitor?
can games like gears of war be ran in hd?
help!!!!!!!!!!

A:HD PC gaming?

Almost any new game can be run in HD.
To run a game in HD, you need a monitor with a resolution of 1280 x 720 or better (1920 x 1080 would be full HD). You also need a graphics card capable of those resolutions.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hd-pc-gaming.125300/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello...

MSN gaming is not working at all.. empty list... try again later..
any ideas?
thank you..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/msn-gaming.297366/
Relevancy 25.8%

Not sure if this goes in the XP section of the gaming one, anyway i just bought pro evolution 2008, when i go to install it it says that " The operating system is not adequate for running pro evolution 2008". Can anyone help me with this please.

Im using windows XP 64.
my spec easily meets the game.

A:XP- Gaming

Hell Raiser said:

Im using windows XP 64.
my spec easily meets the game.Click to expand...

I am not too sure if this is the case, but it could be a possibility that the 64-bit is the issue here.
Have you tried running the game in a machine that runs a win XP 32-bit ??

~a

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-gaming.649306/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hey I'm trying to host this game so other people can like connect to me. But for somereason i cant host one, i have a router and also i'm trying 2 find the ip for each comp so i can host it. Then i need to find the right port i can host on so can anyone help me?

A:Gaming Help

i have the same problem ive given up!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-help.204400/
Relevancy 25.8%

First off let me apologize if this has already been brought up and discussed i was referred to this site by a friend and i ve not done much backhistory in the topics If this has been discussed please just post the topic link and i ll continue there I ve been doing some serious thinking about getting a quot LCD Monitor However while at a friends house who owns a quot LCD and Gaming CRT's vs 3d LCD in watching him play LCD vs CRT's in 3d Gaming Warcraft III i thought holy god this looks awful compared to my CRT He said it was the lack of a decent graphics card which made it look so un-detailed and choppy This i can understand is part of the cause however reading some reviews of modern LCD s the complaint that worries me the most is the Inability to take advantage of Good Graphics cards blackeye So i reckon my question is Do modern Flat Pannels Suck for D Gaming compared with modern CRT s Any response is welcome -Brad nbsp

A:LCD vs CRT's in 3d Gaming

the refresh rates for the lcd are low compared to its counterpart and that show in games and moving frames
A crt monitor is way better when playing fast games like rtwc,mohaa or something like that
but LCDs have their advantage in still motion(f*** grammer) like rpgs(at least like baldur's gate etc..) and strategy or at work with office and 3d max etc..
it also has the advantage of being ~50-70% smaller (or thinner?)
than the crts counterpart
conclusion:
Use a crt monitor if u play a lot of games with a lot of moving frames esp. if u have ti 4600 that u will get 150+ fps
Use an LCD if ur table is small and u play 2d games or if u work on things like 3d max or photoshop and if u have just raided the bank near by

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lcd-vs-crts-in-3d-gaming.2321/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi everyone im building a new gaming pc for pc new gaming and just wanted your guys opinion on the set up im thinking of going for and if it will all work together as this is still kinda new to new pc for gaming me and new pc for gaming also if i can improve it within new pc for gaming my budget of around - PS Im not interested in overclocking so dont worry about that Motherboard http www scan co uk products asus ta-raid-pcie- - x -dvi-d-hdmi-d-sub-atx-us Processor http www scan co uk products - hz- -gt-s-dmi- mhz-gpu- mb-smart-cache- x- Graphics Card http www aria co uk SuperSpecials raphics Card FREE GAMES productId RAM http www scan co uk products gb pc - - -non-ecc-cas- - - - -xmp- v Power Supply http www ebay co uk itm Powercool omputing PowerSupplies EH amp hash item f Hard Drive http www ebuyer com -seagate- gb-momentus-xt-ssd-st lx not sure what case yet but im edging towards this one http www xcase co uk Zalman-Z -UK-p case-zalman-z htm Alltogether it works out around not including P amp P What do you guys think could i do better is that good enough to play new games on high settings nbsp

Relevancy 25.8%

i want to upgrade my current system with new MB, CPU, Graphics card. now ive been researching and reading posts and have narrowed it down to 2 MB's. Asus formula and Asus maximus extreme gamers. A Radeon 4850 or 4870 or GTX 9800 graphic card.

The CPU i havent a clue, no experience with them, although i have read some good things about Intel core 2.

So my questions are: what is best out of these selections for gaming? Are they compatiable?

What would a decent cpu be for these MB's.

keep in mind im on a strict budget of $1000.00

It may sound crazy to some of u but i mainly want to be able to play WOW and some other online games without lag and slow frame rates.

A:Gaming MB's vs CPU's

Core 2 Duo is your best choice... speed is up to you
ASUS listed are good boards, but come with less instruction than some other models by other makers...
Spend most of your money on a good graphics card. CPU can be less than perfect. Motherboard is critical... but not as critical as the graphics card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-mbs-vs-cpus.121676/
Relevancy 25.8%

This is my PC Basic Information

Windows Edition

Windows Vista? Home Premium
Copyright ? 2007 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Service Pack 1

System

Manufacturer: Hewlett Packard Company
Model : a6430f
Rating : 3.0 windows experience index
Processor : AMD Phenom (tm) 8400 Triple core Processor 2.10 GHz
Memory (RAM): 3.00 GB
System Type: 32-bit Operating system

im not that good at computers but im a fast learner.

in some games i lag like hell, but in others not that bad.
i dont know what's the cause, maybe because of the compatability of windows to the game but i asked some players if anyone is using vista, gladly yes there are many people using vista so i kinda have a doubt that there is a deeper meaning of my lag. or maybe its just my internet?

please help me?

A:lag when gaming?

What games are you having trouble with and what type of video card do you have?

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/178450-lag-when-gaming.html