Windows Support Forum

Recommendations for my laptop upgrade

Q: Recommendations for my laptop upgrade

Hello everyone!
I'm a newbie to PC gaming, I have been playing "Dayz" on my HP laptop, but the graphics quality and lag I experience is rather annoying! So I'm looking to replace a few components on my laptop but I have no idea where to start or what to change, so I've come to Techspot looking for advice!
bear in mind I don't want to blow the bank on loads of expensive upgrades
here are the specs, any suggestions?

Microprocessor AMD Quad-Core A4-5000M APU with Radeon HD 8330 Graphics (1.5 GHz, 2 MB cache)
Chipset AMD A76M FCH
Memory 4 GB DDR3
Video Graphics AMD Radeon HD 8330 Graphics (up to 1.98 GB)
Hard Drive 750 GB 5400 rpm SATA
Up to 24 GB partition for system recovery

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...foCategory&cc=uk&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5399488

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Recommendations for my laptop upgrade

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Recommendations for my laptop upgrade

Unfortunately most laptops do not have the option of replacing components. Your options for this HP Laptop is: upgrading your RAM to 8GB (or more depending on how much max RAM the laptop allows) & changing the Hard Drive from the 5400 rpm to either a 7200 rpm or better yet a SSD. Laptops are not component swappable like the Desktop computers are. Most laptops have parts soldered in on the motherboard. You might be able to eliminate some "Lag" with the RAM and Hard Drive changes, but if you are looking for a drastic improvement, I would suggest a laptop more suited for gaming.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommendations-for-my-laptop-upgrade.207447/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey, for the holidays I am upgrading my PC, and I was just wondering what everyone here thinks would be the best possible upgrade for my setup. By the way, I plan to play games like Unreal Tournament 3 (max graphics) Crysis (High Graphics). I only really want to upgrade my CPU and graphics card. Also, keep in mind overclockability for the CPU, because I definitely plan to overclock it.
My setup
-Abit AN8 SLI socket 939 Motherboard
-Nvidia 7800 GTX
-2gb DDR 400 RAM
-amd 64 3500+ CPU
-X-fi Xtreme Music soundcard

Thanks!

A:Upgrade Recommendations

Get a X-fi extremegamer, and a 8800 Gt.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-recommendations.94108/
Relevancy 52.89%

I'm currently running my OS on a RAID 0 comprised of 3 (old) WD Raptors (10K RPM, 74 GB). I'm looking to make an upgrade to this, and wanting to do a RAID 0 out of 2 SSD's

I've read several articles on this, as well as reviews of several SSDs for the task. I'm leaning towards 2 OCZ drives (OCZSSD2-2VTXE60G), if I go thru wiht the RAID 0 approach.

Obviously I am going for speed and not redundancy. The 2 60GB drives would support the OS and I'd put programs and data on the 1TB drive I am already using for this purpose.

What are your suggestions (regarding the RAID idea AND which dirves to get)?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/input. And if I am really wasting time on RAIDing SSDs and you have a better solution (ie, 1 faster SSD), I'd love to hear about it.

Relevancy 52.89%

Hi guys

I would like to upgrade my graphic card, which currently is a ?NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT?. I would like to have two similar cards as I have a SLI motherboard.

I have around 350 USD for the purchase, and the cards are going to be used for gaming as well as working. I work as a constructing architect and is using Revit Architecture and ADT07 as my main working interface.
Concerning the gaming part, I usually only play ?Civilization 4 BTS? and ?Football manager 2008? but would like to be able to run Colin McRae, World in Conflict and Ghost Recon with no graphical lacking as well.

My PC spec?s are:

Motherboard ? ASUS A8N-SLI Socket 939
Graphic interface ? PCI-Express x16
Memory ? 1024 MB DDR Dual
CPU ? AMD Athlon 64 3200+
CPU Speed ? 2015.0 MHz
Power Supply Make/Model ? TAGAN TG530-U15
Watt output/Amperage ? 2 x 20A (33A)

Thanks in advance.

A:Recommendations for an upgrade

Sli is only worth doing if you have a high resloution monitor. If you are using a flat panel that only supports 1024x768 then its pointless for example.
If thats the case, then spending all your money on one card would gain much more benefit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommendations-for-an-upgrade.91265/
Relevancy 52.89%

Interested in possibly upgrading my desktop computer. Its several years old and I'm thinking of possibly trying to get it a little closer to being decent. I have a Macbook Pro that I use for things like Pro Tools, Logic and Melodyne, but I'd like to maybe make my PC decent as well. Any recommendations that won't break the bank are appreciated.

System Information:
Make & Model: HP-Pavilion GX776AA-ABA a6342p
Processor: Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2180 @ 2.00GHz
Installed Physical RAM: 3.00 GB
Motherboard: ASUS Benicia 1.01
Chipset: Intel P35/G33/G31
PSU: 250 watt

A:Upgrade recommendations

A few questions might help you get on the right track.

What is your budget? (Comments do seem to stretch this question abit)
How do you use your PC?
If you play games, what titles do you play and what resolution do you want to use?
Are you planning on building or buying a pre-build system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-recommendations.185067/
Relevancy 52.89%

Looking to upgrade my video capabilities without going to SLI. I'd like to slap another card in my other pcie 3.0 slot to handle the processing for the Physics Engine.

My setup:

i5-3570K CPU

MSI Z77A-GD55 mobo

Gigabyte HD 7870 OC version

8 GB Corsair Vengeance RAM

ThermalTake ToughPower Cable Management 750 W PSU

I was thinking of getting another lesser GPU in the HD 7000 family to handle the Physics processing.

I'm pretty sure I'll need I'll need a 1000W PSU if I go SLI with another HD 7870 OC.

Can I avoid the PSU upgrade with a non-SLI setup?
Any advice will be greatly appreciated. I'll mostly be playing BF4.

PS; If in either case a 1000W PSU upgrade is recommended, which would you go with? I'm a big fan of smooth, efficient, continuous power...

MK

A:Recommendations for GPU upgrade

if you went with the 7750 you would probably be ok with a 850w

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139011

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151108

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151102

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recommendations-for-gpu-upgrade.1111534/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have Windows Me currently installed on WD ata gb drive with Maxtor gb SATA slaved to it as an overflow I intend to upgrade to XP pro I want to loose the gb drive put my year old Me setup on the SATA Recommendations please upgrade on drive as is on one logical partition on the new drive and start a brand new xp partition to experiment with until I am comfortable with it at which time that will be made my main bootable drive I have heard that fdisk wont work with xp There is a different file Recommendations please on upgrade system to Recommendations please on upgrade contend with am i right in thinking that Xp will format the drive Recommendations please on upgrade for itself without floppies I have the xp pro disc ready to install I don t want to loose my Me install just yet as though it is corrupted in various ways beyond redemption it has all my configurations on it Eventually i will transfer these to xp if i can nbsp

A:Recommendations please on upgrade

Oh I meant to say,how do I go about it, please?
Msi K7n2gilsr
athlonxp+2500
sata 150 maxtor,120gb
wd 20 gb ata 133

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recommendations-please-on-upgrade.251159/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey guys I'd like to see what you guys think of my system and where you think I could improve on my set up with out buying a new mobo and cpu.

ECS N2U400-A :
Specs: Nvidia 2 chipset
FSB 400
Dual Channel DDR400
AGP 8X
6 Channel Audio
10/100 LAN
ATA133

AMD 2700+ XP
256MB DDR 2700, WD 80GB IDE 7200 8mb cache, WD 8GB 5400,
ATI Radeon SDR 64mb, Creative Labs PCI 16 4.1, 52x cdrom, Toshiba 4x DVD-RW, Creative Labs 56k v.92 modem. Generic Mid-Tower with 480mm fans intake, 1 80mm fan side exhuast, 1 60mm rear exhaust fan. 350w PS.

Thats what I have. I would like to know where you think I can greatly improve system performance. While keeping the same board and processor. I'm running Win XP prof SP1.

A:Hardware Upgrade Recommendations

Definitely more RAM. Another 512MB of RAM would make the most difference.

Not exactly relating to your physicial computer, but if you're still using that 56k modem, broadband is a great upgrage

[Edit] If you intrested in gaming, a new video card is in order.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-upgrade-recommendations.13776/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,
Here's my set-up:
Asus M4A79XTD EVO
2 times HD 4850 512MB (in crossfire)
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition
6GB 1333mhz RAM (Kingston)
128GB OCZ Vertex Plus Series SATA II SSD
600w coolermaster silent PSU
W7 O/S

nothing overclocked
What is the next best upgrade to make in order to get a noticeable difference in gaming?

thanks in advance

A:Gaming upgrade - recommendations please

Well If you want better gaming performance. The upgrade would be the GPU. What is the budget you have for the upgrade?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-upgrade-recommendations-please.182440/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi All.

I am looking at buying a new CPU( will need new motherboard and possibly RAM ).

I am currently looking at the AMD FX4100/6100 AM3+ Bulldozer CPU.
Ive looked at a review here and it is a lower end CPU( which is okay, it will definitely be faster then what i currently have ).

The motherboard choices i have are: A75MA-G55, A75A-G35 and A75A-G55.
well that's what the person that i emailed said i that they can get and would work with said CPU.

What are your thoughts and recommendations ?

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 52.46%

Hey there i upgrade! recommendations? system a need built my own system almost years ago here are my stats OS Version Microsoft Windows Pro bit Processor AMD Phenom tm II X Processor AMD Family Model need a system upgrade! recommendations? Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb DDR Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC M A -E Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and Enabled the thing is my memory starts getting pretty slow compared to what it used to be and i wanted to either buy new mem sticks or upgrade to some new models the only problem is that my system is running on DDR memory and nowadays its not worth getting and its even more expensive than the newer DDR sticks so anyways i wanna uprade my system meaning that i would probably need a new MOBO and a new CPU right so could you recommend me some solid MOBO and CPU i would probably buy new GB of DDR memory sticks please note that i do play from time to time but under no circumstances want an extreme gaming system that s what i did last time and to be honest - its not worth the money i mainly use my system for photography graphic design internet HD movies and the occasional gaming- for which i use my radeon and my PSU is W and my case is an Aerocool S if anybody is familiar with it waiting for your recommendations nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Hey there guys so i m looking to upgrade my system i bought my computer almost years ago at the time it was mainly intended for gameplay however as time goes on my system is starting to choke a upgrade?? Solved: a recommendations for system bit and i wanted get a memory upgrade unfortunately when i bought my system i didnt buy a DDR supported system so now if i wanna get new RAM i must replace my CPU and MoBo so anyhow here s my system now Processor AMD Phenom tm II X Processor AMD Family Model Stepping RAM Kingston Hyperx Mb DDR Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC M A -E PSU Corsair W Case Aerocool S so i wanna get a new Mobo a new CPU and certainly lots of RAM i gotta say im not playing games so much anymore and my main use of memory is photo editing with software such as Photoshop Lightroom etc so any recommendations i would like to invest about - in the new upgrade should i also get a fast Hard-drive Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: recommendations for a system upgrade??

Which OS are you using? To use more than 4GB of RAM, you will need to run a 64bit OS. And unless you know you are having RAM issues, upgrading isn't likely to help. You can monitor RAM usage using Task Manager. But unless you are getting "low memory" errors, more RAM isn't the solution.

An SSD will yield faster boot and program loading times.
Motherboard: Asus B85-PLUS LGA 1150 Intel B85 with UEFI @ $99.99
Newegg.com - ASUS B85-PLUS LGA 1150 Intel B85 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

CPU: Intel Core i5-4570 Haswell 3.4GHz LGA 1150 84W @ $199.99
Newegg.com - Intel Core i5-4570 Haswell 3.2GHz LGA 1150 84W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX80646I54570

RAM: Corsair 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1600MHz @ $64.99
CORSAIR 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 Desktop Memory Model CMV8GX3M2A1600C11 - Newegg.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-recommendations-for-a-system-upgrade.1110526/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello nbsp nbsp I am looking for an upgrade in the graphics card category nbsp so I can play some steam games I just bought I have an HP Pavilion p - Desktop PC My games nbsp don't really require much to run but I Upgrade I a Recommendations Need on Graphics Card am having some trouble trying to get I Need Recommendations on a Graphics Card Upgrade a decent fps Here's one game that I would like to run at a good fps on high I Need Recommendations on a Graphics Card Upgrade resolution http store steampowered com app You can find the recommended requirements nbsp scrolling down This is the hardest game to run in my game library The price range would be up to if there is no available nbsp card in this range then would me my utmost My monitor only goes to a maximum x p resolution I have been trying to find what graphics card I have how much power it uses and how big of a graphics card my desktop can hold So it I Need Recommendations on a Graphics Card Upgrade would be fantastic if you could find the answers to my questions nbsp Thank you for your time nbsp -Tyrone Morgan nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/I-Need-Recommendations-on-a-Graphics-Card-Upgrade/td-p/5727647
Relevancy 51.17%

Howdy fellow members been busy I m posting this to provide information regarding D video cards that most of us use not the cards Share this information it can help you and others The Card Upgrade - Recommendations Season Video review link below is mostly aimed at comparing the Video Card Upgrade Season - Recommendations card market but includes some other cards to show you how they scale such as the ATI XT and fx Ultra and the XT Video Card Upgrade Season - Recommendations The review is detailed with about different games not just demo-benchmarks http www anandtech com video showdoc html i amp p Video Card Upgrade Season - Recommendations Some notes about the above review Test system was an AMD FX - bit system Fastest PC you can get So if you have a typical Mhz system it s going to be noticably slower And if you have a Mhz system or slower a card is the most you should put into it I ve also included a link from another site comparing the new XT to the ATi XT very interesting results Both are and we have a new winner http techreport com reviews q geforcefx- xt index x pg After looking at these pages my recommendations or less GeForce Ti by MSI delivered HANDS DOWN the BEST card you can get - while you can ATi or Pro FX XT card FX card ATI Pro mb XT mb card AVOID unless you need something that just WORKS for Windows ie little or no gaming The is not worth it at The Se is horrible slow Important note mb version of any of these cards is a waste of MONEY They add to the price But you gain maybe frames per second out of A fx with mb is STILL slower than a mb Ti The XT only comes with mb Important note These DirectX video cards are downward compatible to play DX games and older You do not NEED a DX card to play these games - they just won t look as good or play as well but you must have DX installed Note You don t NEED AGP x to use these cards All are now AGP x They will work fine with AGP x boards BX PIII chipset and up and on most AGP x boards If you have an AGP X board you are only losing MAYBE fps with the fastest cards which you won t notice Hope this will help many in future posts for the next few months Save these links so you can share them late nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-card-upgrade-season-recommendations.188222/
Relevancy 51.17%

I've had a search whilst I have XP installed I want to upgrade preferably x64bit.
Also looking for Windows7Ultimate (whish i believe is both 32 and 64bit) standalone.

Ive searched amazon and a few other websites in uk. I have a copy on windows7ultimate and want to only buy anoher legit product key or upgrade the xp to w7x64.

need some nice recommendations please as on a tight budget, obviously only legitamate sites please.

Thanks

A:Windows 7 x64 upgrade - Online purchase recommendations please

The best value for Upgrade is Win7 Home Premium Upgrade Family 3-Pack which regularly goes down to $99-$120 on Amazon, buy.com and newegg.com, making 3 licenses cheaper than a single normally-priced Upgrade license.

Hopefully it's available if you're in another country by googling the name and searching around a bit for online or big box retailers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/245032-windows-7-x64-upgrade-online-purchase-recommendations-please.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey all I m looking for a bit of advice My current system is a couple of years old and I d like to upgrade the video card to something a little more modern Here s the important specs -ASUS A N-SLI Deluxe -AMD Athlon - 3500+ GT / GeForce Recommendations 64 Upgrade Athlon 6600 Socket - GB DDR Memory -NVIDIA GeForce GT MB It s a decent machine but is falling out of the loop for games I m on a fairly tight budget and looking for an upgrade that isn t going to require replacing the entire system I don t need Crysis running at FPS or anything but something a little more modern Upgrade Recommendations - Athlon 64 3500+ / GeForce 6600 GT would be good I d like to be able to run Flight Simulator X at more then FPS at x I m currently running Windows Server as my primary OS but will dual-boot into Windows Vista to take advantage of DX games I m considering upgrading the video card first The two options are an NVIDIA GT or the recently relased GT Both are around the same price point with similar performance The only problem is at this point with such a powerful graphics card at my disposal my CPU becomes the limiting factor As it s a Socket board with DDR- memory anything higher then an AMD X Socket dual-core would require a new motherboard AND memory and that s an expense I just can t justify at this point I might as well replace the entire system at that point So I guess my questions are is it worth upgrading only the video card - will I see an significant performance increase as this is a fairly speedy processor and meets all of my other requirements outside the gaming world and would I see a significant performance increase going from a Athlon to an Athlon X dual-core assuming I can even get my hands on one at this point Thanks Shawn nbsp

A:Upgrade Recommendations - Athlon 64 3500+ / GeForce 6600 GT

The graphics card is more important than the CPU, which'd only give a substantial performance increase in some CPU-dependant games but the increase will be most noticeable in application performance and multitasking. Most games are GPU-dependent so upgrade to a 9600GT now and then later to a newer CPU and motherboard. If you're willing to specify a budget, we might be able to provide you with a couple of suggestions for a good CPU, mobo and RAM kit. Lastly, make sure you have a powerful enough PSU to power your new card and\or components.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-recommendations-athlon-64-3500-geforce-6600-gt.99825/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a Gateway FX - u Desktop Intel Core - GHz processor GB DDR TB Hard drive NVIDA GeForce GT DVDRW Windows bit pro I would like to upgrade this PC with the following items USB Pci-Ecard SSD or GB Blu Ray player or another optical drive The PC has expansion slots for everything listed here however I m not quite sure on what brands or specific type of units to buy I would prefer to use the best rated parts for each category as far as proven reliability and function Someone recommended a Western Digital PC. the advice in choosing Need my and upgrade correct parts recommendations to Super Speed USB Pci Ecard as a proven unit that should install without any issues From the Need advice and recommendations in choosing the correct parts to upgrade my PC. few places I ve checked it appears that this USB card is no longer being made or stocked though Amazon still has a few Need advice and recommendations in choosing the correct parts to upgrade my PC. for sale Amazon also recommends SATA III SSD manufactured by Arch Memory and compatible with the FRX - u As for the Blu ray player or optical drive I m not sure if I should even spend money on a dedicated blu ray player I just want to get a unit that with work with my PC Please allow me to thank who ever spends their Need advice and recommendations in choosing the correct parts to upgrade my PC. personal time on my behalf in advance for your advice and recommendations Thank you nbsp

A:Need advice and recommendations in choosing the correct parts to upgrade my PC.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-advice-and-recommendations-in-choosing-the-correct-parts-to-upgrade-my-pc.1117780/
Relevancy 49.02%

My boss wants a new laptop. He wants at least 80GB and wants it to be very light weight with a long lasting battery. Does anyone have any recommendations on a good quality laptop? Thanks.

A:Laptop Recommendations please

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/compare.aspx/latit?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-recommendations-please.291689/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi, Im am wanting to find a laptop that can handle video editing, beat making and some steam games. My budget is $1000 , so if you can recommend any Laptop that will fit these needs, that would be grateful. Thank you so much if you help .
Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

A:Laptop recommendations?

Originally Posted by AsilentG Hi, Im am wanting to find a laptop that can handle video editing, beat making and some steam games. My budget is $1000 , so if you can recommend any Laptop that will fit these needs, that would be grateful. Thank you so much if you help .
Posted via the Windows Central App for Android that would be dependent on which country you're in and what is available locally there
But you should be looking for a laptop that has dedicated graphics, fast processor like i5 or i7, a newer generation processor is good like 5th or 6th gen, good screen like 14-17inch

http://forums.windowscentral.com/general-tablet-laptop-discussion/431799-laptop-recommendations.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi everyone I m looking to buy a new laptop within the next few months and I was wondering what your recommendations would be In the past I ve been a big fan of Dell I feel Recommendations New Laptop like they make a quality product and if something goes wrong they ship out a new part usually overnight - I ve had it arrive in New Laptop Recommendations less than hours However I don t like the designs of their new notebooks They are thick made of plastic and just cheap looking and boring Furthermore they don t have both an eraserhead pointer and a touchpad they just have the touchpad I m also interested in IBM but I don t know enough about ThinkPads I hear they re the best but IBM has also just been sold to that company in China Do you think that will affect their quality Anyone know how IBM s warranty operates Also does IBM ship a Windows disc with its computers or one of those compaq-like quot System Restoration quot discs I really like the WiFi on off physical toggle switch on some HPs and Vaios but I m not too sure about the quality of their computers I don t believe Dells or IBMs come with such switches but I would New Laptop Recommendations really like that on my next computer Also my price range is or less after warranty and Office Small Business I need B amp G I was thinking about getting Bluetooth support as well for a Bluetooth mouse but those that I ve worked with all have been the Microsoft version have been very quot unsensitive quot They don t respond well I don t use the computer for gaming but I need accuracy in a mouse and I d probably stick with RF Lastly what are your opinions on Centrino I don t need ultraportability I need an integrated swappable CD-RW DVD-ROM drive but I m not sure whether to go with a P -M or Pentium-M processor w Centrino What exactly is the difference since I can still get integrated wireless with a P and what will I notice Thanks so much the advice -Micky nbsp

A:New Laptop Recommendations

I don't think the "IBM" PC products will be going down the drain for at least a year or two. The merger of such huge business takes time and until then everything will be done the good old way.

HP and Sony do make good notebooks. I don't really understand what is so good about the physical WiFi switch tho..

You do not want a bluetooth mouse. You avoid all kinds of compatibility problems by using a plain PS/2 or USB mouse.

Centrino has better battery performance since all the system components are designed with low power consumption in mind.

I am a big an of ThinkPads myself. Those things are literally bomb-proof. They also come with TrackPoint which IMO is way better than those touchpads thingies and IBM laptop keyboards are very good. The Darth Vader style looks may not appeal to everyone though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-laptop-recommendations.18896/
Relevancy 49.02%

Anyone has any recommendations on what would best laptop be in the 1100-1400$ price range?

Should i go for macbook?

And any place where i could get one that works on 220Volts electricity?

A:Laptop recommendations

Depends on what you want to use the laptop for? Gaming, word processing, etc...? Can we assume that since you are asking if it can run on 220 volts that you live somewhere in Europe?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-recommendations.69365/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi guys
I have been trawling to web to try and find a reasonably priced laptop, basically for web and office applications, anyone come across any good bargains lately?
Thanks in advance

A:Laptop recommendations (UK)

whats you budget and is that all you need it to do - simple business use?
i have found the HP dv5094ea an excellent machine £799 from staples/johnlewis

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-recommendations-uk.469598/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey Guys,
I'm looking to buy a new laptop in the near future,
I'd preferably like it to be 64 Bit with a good processor,
A Good Nvidia Graphics Card,
Not a Mac,
4 Gb Ram,
15'' + Screen,

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Relevancy 49.02%

I could use some advice...

My computer recently bit the bullet and I am in the market for a new laptop. Its purpose will be solely for work use, which will include research and writing.

I was thinking about a mini notebook. I've heard some things about them - that you can hook up the computer to a larger screen when needed, though light enough for you to transport anywhere easily.

I really don't have much time on my hands at the moment to research, that is why I'm reaching out to the techspot community.

I am a new member; however, my several interactions with the techspot community have been favorable.

Thanks,

b

A:Laptop recommendations

Give us your budget and we'll take it from there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-recommendations.170874/
Relevancy 49.02%

I'm looking to spend about 1000 dollars, maybe a LITTLE bit over on a laptop. I plan to use this for college uses ranging from essays, internet use, programming in C++ and higher, basic microsoft office things, video/audio editing, and maybe a little bit of entertainment on the side.

Also, I don't want it to be too heavy, I'll be bringing it with me to a lot of places. Also, i'll be working on it at home with my wireless network. Is there anything else I should describe?

So basically I'm just looking for a laptop within that price range that could do all of the mentioned above. ANy ideas? Show me like some links or names with prices...thanks!

A:Laptop Recommendations for PC?

any reccomendations?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-recommendations-for-pc.320648/
Relevancy 48.16%

I need a laptop that is:
~$1000. (less preferred ) (rebates are good also)
Light (um... 4ish lbs?)
Screen size doesn't really matter.
60gb or more hd
512mb or more ram.
That about covers it...
(I'm just looking for a REALLY good computer around my price range)
oh yea, please no dells... i don't like them personally, and they're pretty heavy.

A:Laptop Recommendations needed!

Have a look at the toshiba laptops.

http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/srch.to

They seem to have quite a few in your price range.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-recommendations-needed.460941/
Relevancy 48.16%

http://www.xoxide.com/coolermaster-notepal.html

Just googling around and saw that one.........mind not set on anything, but I have a 17" Toshiba Satellite GIANT

Relevancy 48.16%

Yo guys,
Just interested in getting a laptop which can play pretty much all the latest games to a decent standard, under 750 quid, I mean I was thinking about the Alienware M11X but it has no CD-drive, but the Dell Studio 17 looks pretty decent

http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/p.../studio-1747?c=uk&l=en&s=dhs&cs=ukdhs1&~ck=mn

Any other recommendations?

A:'Gaming' Laptop Recommendations <Ā£750

http://www.coastwaycomputerstore.co.uk/product/Acer+Aspire+5942G%7B49%7D524G64Bn+%7B49%7D+Core+i5+520M+2.4+GHz+%7B49%7D+15.6%22+TFT -- £810.69.

Cheapest I've seen. Although seems to be priced between £800-900.

Been using one of these for a while. Only bad thing is the widescreen tft is only 1366 x 768. But for me, I wanted it to be able to play current titles for a while so thought a lower native resolution might be one way of making it last a bit longer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-laptop-recommendations-%C2%A3750.145331/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello all Planing to grab a recommendations new laptop for Tutorial new laptop in the near future and wanted to do some educating for it Not sure what type but I will be doing a clean install putting in an SSD and replacing the memory Tutorial recommendations for new laptop I want to do this correctly so if I was setting this computer up today would following these tutorials in order be a good start Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows http www sevenforums com tutorials ndows- -a html RAM - Test with Memtest Internet Troubleshooting Guide Reliability Monitor - Reset Optimize Windows System Repair Disc - Create Edited removed original step process dealing with ssd drives and just sticking to standard SSD instillation There are so many tutorials that offer so much info but Tutorial recommendations for new laptop too many to narrow down Just looking to the pros for some advice but if it's already a tutorial it makes it a lot easier so if there is something else to read I'd appreciate any advice Thanks

A:Tutorial recommendations for new laptop

You don't need to tweak the SSD unless problems arise then one of our SSD experts will advise you. The optimize steps are the only tweaks I would consider otherwise.

Once you swap in the SSD and check it's detected in BIOS setup, just proceed with the steps in Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7.

If you choose to use a secondary HD for data, then copy your backed up User folders there, rightclick each to link it to the related Library - Include a Folder - Windows 7 Forums.

But I'd get a large enough SSD so all the programs, page file and hibernate file (if you use it) fit on it, since they benefit most from the speed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/270059-tutorial-recommendations-new-laptop.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I want to get a laptop cooler. Can anyone recommend one that is comfortable while it sits on your lap. I'd like to sit on the couch with laptop without my legs getting hot. Thanks.

A:Recommendations for a laptop cooler

This is the way I'd go. Aerogel is our nanotechnology future with a R50 per square inch rating.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recommendations-for-a-laptop-cooler.657302/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi,

Right now I am in the market for a VERY basic laptop, which will be used for internet browsing. Of course it needs to have a wireless card.

I'd like to keep the price under $600-650, keeping in mind that I don't want any crappy brand.

~Simon

Relevancy 48.16%

I'm trying to help my mom buy a new laptop, but I don't have much experience with lower-end computers. I'm hoping someone can help point out a good laptop or laptop maker.

She will be using the laptop for simple tasks: email, web browsing, and Netflix watch now. Because she is using Netflix watch now the laptop will need a video output, preferably HDMI to minimize cables. She would prefer a larger screen, so web books are pretty much out of the question. Battery life, portability, touch pad, etc don't matter because she will use the laptop at home 99.99% of the time. Also, she doesn't have a need for an HDD larger than a few GB.

She wants to spend as little as possible, and is not willing to pay more than $500.

Any ideas/input? Thanks!

A:Laptop recommendations wanted

Jesse

Check out the Dells:
http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-laptops?~ck=anav

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-recommendations-wanted.158756/
Relevancy 48.16%

So, I sold my old PC, and now I (well, not I in particular) need a laptop which would be about as powerful, preferably a bit better. Specs of old computer:
Celeron D 2.66 GHz
1 GB DDR 400 RAM
80 GB SATA HDD
Radeon X800GT 256 MB
XP pro

So, any cheap laptops that would match this PC?

Relevancy 48.16%

So on my main PC I run without any antivirus software, and while dangerous, I'm usually very careful with what I download. I know I should have something monitoring my computer, and between my main PC and laptop (which I share with gf), I think it may be time to get a non intrusive antivirus software running. I always see stuff like Norton but from what I hear it's bloated. I want something small and effective, and something people on this forum would run.

Thanks for any suggestions!

A:Got a new laptop, need antivirus recommendations

You ask a question we got a lot here at Bleeping Computer. We created this topic to help you get started with getting that answered. Please take a look here: Answers to common security questions - Best Practices Prevention & Choosing an Anti-virus or Firewall and here How Malware Spreads - How did I get infected. That will give you the foundation to refine your search. Once you have read those please don't hesitate to ask any questions you may still have.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/457352/got-a-new-laptop-need-antivirus-recommendations/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi all This place has always provided some good information so Im hoping you can do it recommendations please! Notebook/Laptop again I m on the verge of purchasing a laptop notebook computer I would mostly be using it to play games on while I have down time during my job breaks etc and like a portable DVD and to hook-up to my network at home My problem is I know little about laptops - never have worked on one fixed one or really used one I am currently thinking of getting an HP or Toshiba - both with Ghz monitor - gig HHD Nvidia video or gig memory DVD CD-rw wireless quot g quot etc What whould you recommend I was told that the CPU on a notebook is not the same as a CPU on a Notebook/Laptop recommendations please! desktop quote from someone else quot ghz mobile is equal to a desktop cpu quot is this true Also is there a site that gives information on notebooks laptops - CPUs memory etc Any and all help would be appreciated TY nbsp

A:Notebook/Laptop recommendations please!

ANyone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook-laptop-recommendations-please.235282/
Relevancy 48.16%

(Terribly sorry if this is in the wrong section)

I'm looking for a new laptop to buy, but i'm really not sure how to find one that will match my needs.

Here is what i'm looking for:
-Dedicated GPU for mid-end gaming (games like DOTA 2, TF2, and maybe Tribes:Ascend)
-Decent processor for mid-end gaming
-A moderately light design for carrying around in a bookbag (meaning a maximum screen of 14'' in. is preferred)
-Long-lasting hardware
-An absolute maximum pricetag of $1000, prices significantly lower than that are very welcome
Thanks a bunch to all those who reply

Relevancy 47.73%

I'm looking for a laptop that will snap into a docking station. I haven't been very successful so far. What I find primarily are docking stations that plug into a laptop's USB port. The two problems that I have with these are that they generally don't seem to do video well, and they generally don't let you close the laptop, which leaves a clumsy setup for staff as they use it. I have a few Targus docking stations, but they're really not being used much. I'd like to simply replace desktops with the docking stations, and it seems that finding a laptop with a snap-in bottom would be ideal.

Any good recommendations for this?

Thanks.

Relevancy 47.73%

Hello every one...

Am in need of some quick advice... Am mainly a desktop gaming guy and fairly new to laptop gaming.. you could say a fish out of water when it comes to laptops.

Any ways, am about to be deployed with the Army and in the market to purchase a good gaming laptop to take with me in the range of 800-1200$.

I been looking and there are way to many options to pick from. I mostly been looking at Toshibas (A355D model) and recently at ASUS (X83Vb-X1 model) laptops. The main use will be primarily for gaming and web chatting with the fam back home while am overseas.

Suggestions and recommendations will be highly appreciate it.

A:Gaming Laptop Suggestions/Recommendations

have you thought about the HP dv5t? it has some serious graphics with a Nvidia 9600m GT. i do not know what it would cost but from videos i have seen on YouTube it is pretty impressive. you should look at the reviews for it. the only con i have found is the battery life and it can run a lil hot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-laptop-suggestions-recommendations.774937/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello, I'm currently trying to buy a laptop for college and I would like people's opinion on what a good laptop would be for a video editting. What specs would I be looking for a laptop that can edit videos smoothly? I'm currently considering on getting an Asus G73JH-A2 (http://www.amazon.com/Republic-Game...ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=pc&qid=1271822651&sr=1-1). I know this laptop is designed more for gaming, but is there any other laptops that would be render videos and edit? My main concern is that the graphics card is not as suited for video editting and more towards games. I'm opening to any suggestions to other laptops or tips. Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 47.3%

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or comments on my desire to purchase an inexpensive but decent quality used laptop to purchase for Web surfing primarily almost only I have an existing desktop connected to a cable modem via a USB connection but I would greatly appreciate also being able to use a laptop for Web surfing while I m sitting in my nearby armchair watching TV okay I m a type quot A quot so what Internet on recommendations/comments laptop surfing for Need hah I would especially appreciate comments on how inexpensively this can be done while at the same time trying to acquire a quality viewing screen and reliable although dated brand of laptop Given that my technical knowledge is very limited I m assuming that the processor power speed and RAM amount are only somewhat relevant but the other components are largely irrelevant for web surfing purposes The only other types of info I would appreciate are recommendations on how best to connect this laptop to my cable modem I m not sure yet whether it would be more practical to use a split wired connection somehow or would it be necessary Need recommendations/comments on laptop for Internet surfing to purchase a router and receiver cards for both computers I have seen on Ebay that there Need recommendations/comments on laptop for Internet surfing have been Pentium III IBM inch screen laptops supposedly in good working condition that have sold by firms with a very high feedback rating in the - approx price range Would a model such as that be considered recommendable for my purposes or am I asking for trouble buying a too dated laptop nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-recommendations-comments-on-laptop-for-internet-surfing.711411/
Relevancy 47.3%

This would be primarily for a Dell Precision M6400 laptop which is running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.
It has a Dell Wireless 1510(Broadcom 4322) 802.11b/g/n wireless device, but its speeds are very slow in Windows 10, even with my 200 Mbps cable service.
I would prefer a USB2 model with a single or dual antenna, but a small "thumb drive" looking one would be okay.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recommendations-for-laptop-wlan-adapter-for-windows-10.1166659/
Relevancy 47.3%

I'm looking to replace the battery in a Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop and I'm looking for recommendations on a good place to get one. I usually purchase from BestBatt.com but they don't carry a replacement for the Dell Inspiron 1501. So, I'm looking for another place.

I've found one on Amazon.com for $30 or so but the mixed reviews make me cautious since other sites list the same battery for $60 or more.

I have also had a good experience with ebatts.com but they sell a replacement for more than I would prefer to pay.

Any recommendations on reputable sites for laptop batteries?

Thanks!

Peace...

A:Solved: Replacement laptop battery: looking for recommendations

Got the 7800 mAh for my 1501 about 2 years ago from Battery Depot. Don't recall what I paid for it, but way less than Dell. You might also want to take a look at Amazon.

Raybro

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-replacement-laptop-battery-looking-for-recommendations.968477/
Relevancy 47.3%

I recently purchased Windows® 7 Home Premium 64bit MSI G Series GT780DXR-405US laptop (http://www.msimobile.com/level3_productpage.aspx?id=336) and SAMSUNG S27A950D monitor (http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=982723).

I am now looking to purchase a Universal Docking Station and hence looking for your recommendations. I should be able to connect multiple monitors in the future.

I looked at Plugable USB 2.0 Universal Laptop Docking Station with DisplayLink DVI/VGA up to 1920x1080, Audio, Ethernet, and 4 Available High-Speed USB 2.0 Ports @ http://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Univ...NXAI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323381796&sr=8-1 But not sure how good this is.

I am REALLY looking forward for your recommendations.

Thanks a LOT in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/docking-station-for-win7-laptop-recommendations.1030369/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hallo I m looking to buy a new laptop I could say I m spoilt for choice and just want someone to decide for me but the truth is that I m kinda bewildered by the number of options out there The last time I bought video Laptop viewing. hi-res production music recommendations for and a Laptop recommendations for music production and hi-res video viewing. laptop was back in and with new-fangled things like i s and i s I haven t a clue about what I should buy I will be using this new laptop for the following things in order of their importance Producing music Viewing high-resolution videos Less-intensive stuff like surfing the Internet and listening to music Some more stuff of importance The main software I use for music production is Ableton Live I also use various other VSTs My current laptop only has a GB of RAM remember I bought this in so it has a hard time running all these things together poor thing On top of that my current OS is Windows Vista Basic -bit so you can imagine how slow things can get Considering all this I think an i processor and around GBs of RAM should be good enough for me All laptops seem to come with Windows -bit so it s not really like I have a choice there but that s alright I watch a lot of anime Japanese animation which is mostly released in p p resolutions My current laptop has integrated graphics so there s quite a bit of lag when it comes to rendering the aforementioned resolutions So something with a decent enough graphics card say a GB of dedicated memory will be fine for my needs I do play games once in a while but not the latest games that require high-end graphics and stuff What kind of a sound card should I have I ve visited some major retailers websites Dell Lenovo and HP but none of them seem to mention what sound cards they have on their systems To be honest I don t really know much about sound cards and how much they ll affect my potential system I have heard of some brands like Creative and Realtek but I don t know which one is better The most common sound card name I ve heard is Creative s SoundBlaster I ve never really had any experience with it so I can t really comment on that I don t even know what sound card my current laptop has I use ASIO ALL for my music production purposes and the SRS Audio Sandbox software for general listening I ve also heard of something called Texas Instruments which apparently produces the quot best quot sound card available on the market Any additional advice on the topic of sound cards will be appreciated Hard drive space isn t a major concern for me I have external drives of a TB each amounting to a total of TBs which is fine for now The most common retail offering seems to GB which is absolutely fine Even GB is fine What I m concerned about is the RPM of the drive Some of these drives come in RPM but it seems RPM is the ideal speed So something with a RPM speed will be preferred I d like a big screen on my laptop My current laptop has a very wide screen which I like very much by to be exact I don t know how much that is in inches probably around I suppose Anyway I d like it to be more than inches The most common screen size seems to be quot which is fine My budget is around give or take a few at most which was the price of my Compaq Presario v bought in I m not interested in Macs They d be way over my budget anyway I ve been looking at a couple of Dell XPS models but I want more options and your opinions so I can make an educated purchase Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Laptop recommendations for music production and hi-res video viewing.

I'm not going to recommend a model, just make a couple of comments. I have a 17" laptop and like the large view on it. I write/perform/produce music as well, so I don't know if I'd put money in a separate laptop soundcard. The cards you mentioned are not pro-level cards... you may want to look into a separate usb sound device from Focusrite, Tascam, or Avid. You can still use the internal card for portability, but for multi-I/O and midi recording and high fidelity you want a good audio interface. Look on zzounds.com, musiciansfriend.com, sweetwater.com or other music equipment sites.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-recommendations-for-music-production-and-hi-res-video-viewing.1026234/
Relevancy 42.57%

Like the title said, I'm getting random BSOD after upgrading to SSD and RAM.
Initially I thought it was the Intel Rapid Technology, because the system improved after I've installed. But now it still BSOD, but less frequent.

Here are my dump files and jcgriff2 files

Minidump.7z

Windows7_Vista_jcgriff2.7z

Edit: Sorry I didn't put my CPU config, silly me.
Asus u46SV
Intel Core i5-2410M
2 x 4GB Corsair Value Select Ram (NEW+NEW)
GeForce GT 540M
OCZ Vertex 4 128GB firmware v1.5 (Latest+NEW)

A:BSOD After SSD upgrade and Ram upgrade in Laptop. Mostly IRQL errors

Welcome
Have you updated to the latest firmware for your SSD?

Quote:
STOP 0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Usual causes: Kernel mode driver, System Service, BIOS, Windows, Virus scanner,
Backup tool, compatibility

STOP 0x0000004E: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
Usual causes: Device driver, memory

STOP 0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Usual causes: Defective hardware (particularly memory - but not just RAM),
Faulty system service, Antivirus, Device driver, NTFS corruption, BIOS

Suggestions:

Kaspersky does cause BSoDs. Please uninstall it and use Microsoft Security Essentials (at least to test)

Free up your start-up, keep nothing except the antivirus
→ Startup Programs - Change

Take memtest. Run for 4/5 passes
→ RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Run Disk Check for file system errors and bad sectors on it
→ Disk Check

Let us know the results

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/256759-bsod-after-ssd-upgrade-ram-upgrade-laptop-mostly-irql-errors.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I have Nvidia GeForce 315M im trying to upgrade to a more preferable video card. Please reply ASAP

A:Can I Upgrade my Laptop's Video Card? Samsung Laptop RV411

Laptop video is a chip on the motherboard. The only way to upgrade would be to replace the motherboard.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/236377-can-i-upgrade-my-laptops-video-card-samsung-laptop-rv411.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hello,  i have an HP pavilion dv6 3298 ea (Rossignol Design) and i wanted to upgrade its ram since i use android studio, eclipse, visual studio, photoshop and other heavy programs. I have a DDR3 4gb 1333Mhz Ram since i bought it and i want to replace it with this:RAM HYPERX HX316LS9IBK2/8 8GB (2X4GB) SO-DIMM DDR3L CL9 HYPERX IMPACT BLACK DUAL KIT i want to know if the 2 x RAM i ordered are compatible with my laptop.  Links:RAM LINK http://www.e-shop.gr/ram-hyperx-hx316ls9ibk2-8-8gb-2x4gb-so-dimm-ddr3l-cl9-hyperx-impact-black-dual-...PC SPECS http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02673628#AbT0cant find my motherboard's manual to check. Are the new RAM's compatible? pins and MHz and CL and everything?

A:RAM upgrade on Laptop

The memory modules at the following URL are guaranteed compatible with your notebook.http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/HP-Compaq/pavilion-dv6-3298eaUse the Crucial memory European link since you reside in Greece.http://eu.crucial.com/eur/en/pavilion-dv6-3298ea/CT7102425 Using the manual won't really help. Upgrading by matching the memory spec won't guarantee that a module is compatible. In your case it is not so likely that Kingston HyperX gaming memory modules will even work. Buying guaranteed compatible memory modules that come with a warranty is by far the better method of upgrading a notebook because it removes the risk factor.   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/RAM-upgrade-on-Laptop/td-p/5744774
Relevancy 36.12%

I have an ACER 5051 with AMD Turion 64 2Ghz 512K-L2 CPU
I would like to know if its possible to get a better chip to go in?

Iam upgrading the Hard drive to 120Gb and the RAM to 2Gb

thanks

Relevancy 36.12%

I have recently upgraded my Toshiba Sattelite L645D from a AMD Turion Dual Core 2.3 to a AMD Turion 2.6. It was successful and it works fine. However I found that my socket is also compatible with a AMD Phenom II Quad-Core 2.4GHZ.

Would this be better for gaming?
Also, it is a 20 watt increase would this be safe?
Should I upgrade my fan as well?

A:Laptop CPU Upgrade

B3 first mate you need to ascertain if the CPU will really be supported as I am running short of time have a look at this http://support.toshiba.com/support/staticContentDetail?contentId=2926768&isFromTOCLink=false
the power usage is this for the one you have
http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/K10/AMD-Turion%20II%20Dual-Core%20Mobile%20N550%20-%20TMN550DCR23GM.html

for the Phenom we need to know what the model is as I cannot find it on a search in CPU world only here http://products.amd.com/en-us/DesktopCPUDetail.aspx?id=714&f1=&f2=&f3=&f4=&f5=&f6=&f7=&f8=&f9=&f10=&f11=&f12=
Now the CPU worlds quotes the wattage at 35 watts for the Turion and AMD quote 125 watts for the Phenom the Turion is quite an older model if I am not badly mistaken and I think you may be pushing the power supply and the cooling system a bit much - not to mention the board, because that is some leap in power requirements especially in a laptop.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/340606-laptop-cpu-upgrade.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hey, my question pertains to the ability to upgrade my cruddy laptop. It works well enough I suppose except I would like to improve it's gaming performance. It is an HP Pavillion Dv5000 or some such and the video card is an AMD Turion 64 Mobile Technology ML-34.

I'm wondering if there's any way to plug in a better video card and what sort would be the best choice. I have no price range but I'm stuck with this lap top for a while and I'm determined to make it to where I don't have to look at poor refresh rate and shoddy textures.

Thanks.

A:Upgrade Laptop?

VERY few laptops are capable of video upgrades. This is because the vast majority have integrated video. Moreover, most laptops are designed for work productivity, not gaming. I highly doubt you will be able to upgrade the video, but if you can, check the manufactuer's website.
I have yet to run accross a laptop that the video card can be upgraded, that is because most laptops don't have video cards - their video is integrated onto the mobo.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-laptop.64299/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hey i have bought a new laptop, and it said it was made for 'hd gaming' But however it is not for gaming. It has an intel pentium. which from what i read is the most basic model of cpu. so i was wondering if anyone could give me a link and advice for another cpu ( for laptop) Any further qeustions just ask thanks [uk]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-cpu-upgrade.1155872/
Relevancy 36.12%

I've got a Packard Bell laptop that's about a year and a half old. The specification is pretty good with the exception of the graphics card. However, a friend told me that it'd be pretty hard to upgrade the graphics card because most laptops have everything intergrated into the motherboard. However, I was wondering if this is true and if so whether anyone knows of anyway I could upgrade the graphics card?

A:Any way I can upgrade my laptop?!

96% of the laptops are integrated graphics including yours Acer, Asus sells laptop kits that you build yourself and they have several choices of graphic cards for those kits and Alien Media, and Toshiba sells a laptops with video options also. Laptops in general aren't used for their graphics they are just mobile workstations.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/any-way-i-can-upgrade-my-laptop.240401/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hello Guys

My friend has a Toshiba Satlilite L650 its specs currently are:

=Intel Core i5 M 450 2.40GHz 2400Mhz, 2 Core(S) 4 Logical Processor(S)

=4gb Ram

=Intel Hd Graphics

=Windows 7

He was trying to play a game some may know it "Homeworld 2" i know it has some compatability and have fixed it on many windows 7 computers but we found out that his graphics doesnt have T&L support that most cards do now.... so we were wondering if his laptop could get a upgrade he is willing to pay but doesnt know what or where he can get the upgrades their mostly for the graphics and others if there worth it.

Thanks for looking and hopefully someone will know about this
Rich-

A:Laptop Upgrade

You're not going to be able to upgrade the graphics on a mainstream consumer laptop. If he wanted to game, he should have purchased a laptop with the graphics horsepower for the task.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-upgrade.1040431/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hello,  i have an HP pavilion dv6 3298 ea (Rossignol Design) and i wanted to upgrade its ram since i use android studio, eclipse, visual studio, photoshop and other heavy programs. I have a DDR3 4gb 1333Mhz Ram since i bought it and i want to replace it with this:RAM HYPERX HX316LS9IBK2/8 8GB (2X4GB) SO-DIMM DDR3L CL9 HYPERX IMPACT BLACK DUAL KIT i want to know if the 2 x RAM i ordered are compatible with my laptop.  Links:RAM LINK http://www.e-shop.gr/ram-hyperx-hx316ls9ibk2-8-8gb-2x4gb-so-dimm-ddr3l-cl9-hyperx-impact-black-dual-...PC SPECS http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02673628#AbT0cant find my motherboard's manual to check. Are the new RAM's compatible? pins and MHz and CL and everything?

A:RAM upgrade on Laptop

The memory modules at the following URL are guaranteed compatible with your notebook.http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/HP-Compaq/pavilion-dv6-3298eaUse the Crucial memory European link since you reside in Greece.http://eu.crucial.com/eur/en/pavilion-dv6-3298ea/CT7102425 Using the manual won't really help. Upgrading by matching the memory spec won't guarantee that a module is compatible. In your case it is not so likely that Kingston HyperX gaming memory modules will even work. Buying guaranteed compatible memory modules that come with a warranty is by far the better method of upgrading a notebook because it removes the risk factor.   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/RAM-upgrade-on-Laptop/td-p/5744774
Relevancy 36.12%

i would like to find out two things: first, if i can upgrade the ram on this laptop.  second, what is the maximum amount of ram it can be upgraded to.  [personal information removed].  any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

A:i need to see if i can upgrade the ram on my laptop.

13-a010dx See p. 61 of the Service manual here: Manual There are 2 slots. You have one 4 gig module. Add another and you have 8 gigs. The Manual says 8 gigs is the maximum but we know it will take 16 gigs. That is, 2 x 8 gig modules. Either way, the real issue is that memory upgrade requires motherboard removal.  Post back if you need help. If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/i-need-to-see-if-i-can-upgrade-the-ram-on-my-laptop/td-p/5620645
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi Team, I am using HP Pavilion g4-2049TX laptop.Microprocessor : 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5-3210MHard Drive : 500 GB SATA (5400 rpm) Currently 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM is configured in my laptop but i need to add 2GB RAM more.As i am not able to do the task when i am using two or three VMs on my machine and it work very slow so i am thinking after add 2GB RAM on my laptop it will work fine.Can you please suggest me which RAM i have to purchase. Thanks,Vimal Bohra

A:I need to upgrade my laptop RAM 2GB more.

Based on the HP Pavilion g4 Notebook PC - Maintenance and Service Guide and  HP PartSurfer - HP PAVILION G4-2049TX NOTEBOOK PC data, it appears your computer shipped with 4GB configured as 2GB x 2. You will need to replace one or both of the memory modules to expand the memory in this computer. The following memory should work in this model; Two customer-accessible/upgradable SODIMM memory module slotsSupports dual-channel memorySupports up to 8 GB of system RAMDDR3-1600 MHz Dual Channel support for a 3rd Generation Intel Core processorSupports the following configurations:? 8192 MB total system memory (4096 MB × 2) (no support for 32 bit operatingsystem)? 6144 MB total system memory (4096 MB × 1 + 2048 MB × 1) (no support for 32 bitoperating system)? 4096 MB total system memory (4096 MB × 1 or 2048 × 2)? 2048 MB total system memory (2048 MB × 1) Spare part number? 4 GB 641369-001? 2 GB 652972-001 If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Please click the White KUDOS "Thumbs Up" to show your appreciation

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/I-need-to-upgrade-my-laptop-RAM-2GB-more/td-p/5686644
Relevancy 36.12%

I am looking to upgrade my desktop computer running windows XP to a new laptop. However, I have had numerous problems with virus' and malware with this Microsoft operating system despite trying various protection software. Therefore, I am leary about getting another computer with windows software.
I use the computer to do grant writing, research the internet and listen to music. I am thinking about a Chromebook based on their hype about being safe from virus' and malware. However, I am concerned about having most of my data "in the cloud" which I don't really understand. Do I need to buy a new printer to print from the cloud? Is it safe and easily used?
I also don't want to spend over $400-$500.
I would appreciate any comments from your much more savy tech experts.
Thanks!
arrow72

Relevancy 36.12%

Is it possible to plug a USB 2.0 PC card into an older laptop running Windows 98 and USB 1.1 and thus get it to upgrade to USB 2.0?

A:Upgrade laptop with USB 2.0

Take a look here . . several to choose from.

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProduct.asp?submit=list&catalog=421&DEPA=0&order=price&sort=asc

wrs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrade-laptop-with-usb-2-0.236767/
Relevancy 36.12%

My girlfriend have a Toshiba Satellite 5100-201 and just upgraded the RAM to 1GB, I would like to know if this mobo can carry a much higher CPU. I tried to search for specifications of the mobo but unfortunately even the toshiba itself dont carry much information regarding the motherboard.

Currently its running in 1.6GHZ speed but I would like to know if I can upgrade this to 2.4GHZ?

A:CPU laptop upgrade

I doubt that very much. The CPU is probably soldered onto the mobo.
Any higher-spec CPU would overheat the insides anyway.
That 1GB memory upgrade is the best you can achieve, perhaps a bigger harddisk, but that again my overheat.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-laptop-upgrade.40001/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hey Everyone, I'd like to upgrade my Notebook  ram and hard drive, what are some of the things I should be looking for to upgrade successfully, and want to know maximum size for ram & hard my lap is 4g ram & 640 HDD, i want upgrade to 6or 8 g ram and 1T HDD Thanksmhmad

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/upgrade-my-laptop/td-p/5835171
Relevancy 36.12%

Processor:  Intel Core i7 5500UGPU:  Nvidia GeForce 840MRAM: 8GBOriginal OS: Win 8.1Size: 15.6" Maybe no.. But I'm still curious if there is a swappable GPU for this Pavilion 15 model? Maybe a 940M or a GTX from HP?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Is-it-possible-to-upgrade-the-GPU-on-my-laptop/td-p/5698645
Relevancy 36.12%

I have a HP dv5 Series laptop.I wish to upgrade from Vista Basic 32 to Windows 7 32.
However,the upgrade lists out certain issues like SCSI/RAID Host controller and keyboard filter(among others),as potential issues.
What should I do to resolve these issues,and where do I go to find resources needed for the solution?
Also,is it necessary to uninstall services like Catalyst manager,and UT3 and reinstall them,or can I just leave 'em there,install Windows 7 and then update these programs?

A:HP Laptop Upgrade

Do a clean install. Then remove everything not necessary. When you install you should have a keyboard, monitor and modem. I had to reinstall the Cat. manager, very easy. If you do a clean the Cat manager, etc will not be an issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/40485-hp-laptop-upgrade.html
Relevancy 36.12%

How easy is it to upgrade a dell inspiron 8200 laptop? And what could I do to it...
pentium 4 moblie 1.7GHz
512 MB ram

and if I change the cpu would i need to do anything with the heatsink?

Relevancy 36.12%

Hello, I was wondering if I could upgrade any of the hardware in my laptop to make it more powerful for higher end tasks such as gaming, music production, video production, etc.  I have a HP Notebook - 15-r110dx. It currently has an Intel Core i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70Ghz - 2 cores.  I found a maintenance and service guide for it online (http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04409502)  and it does list a bunch of processors but are those ones I can swap into my laptop?  Thank you! Justin

A:Can I upgrade my laptop CPU?

jquinney In answer to your question, yes -- those are the processors that can be swapped with the one you have. But in laptops, processors are not designed to be consumer replacable items -- as changing them often requires completely disassembling the laptop and order a replacement system board, not just a processor. Good Luck========================================================================I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.---------------------------------------------------------------If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on my post to say thanks.If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".========================================================================

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Can-I-upgrade-my-laptop-CPU/td-p/5681503
Relevancy 36.12%

hey i have just bought a new bit of software that requires a minimum of 765mb ram and i have only 512 in my laptop

just wondering if i could buy another 512mb stick and pop it in my laptop its a fujitsu siemens amilo li1705 i ran a crutial scan and its ddr2 4300 and it says i have 2 ram slots with one being used and one free.
and can anyone send me a link to a video of upgrading laptop ram.?

thanks very much.

Relevancy 36.12%

I would like to upgrade my ACER 5051 Laptop...

current specs:
2Ghz AMD Turion
1Gb RAM
60Gb Hard drive
Vista

I would like to upgrade the CPU to a dual-core Turion but have been advised not to unless I can change the BIOS to adjust the fan temp activation...

SO... with that in mind , i was thinking of sticking 2Gb or 4Gb of RAM in and a bigger , faster hard drive...

Can I get a 2.5" 7,200rpm ATA Hard Drive...?
and will Vista 32-Bit recognize 4Gb of RAM...?

My only concern is Superfetch constantly accessing the disk to fill the 3.5Gb of RAM left over after boot with crud I may open - suppose i could turn it off but it still seems to cache quite a bit when it is off , or I could get a 64-Bit version of Vista but then nothing much works on it...

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Relevancy 36.12%

Hi Experts, My laptop model is HP Pavilion g6-1321tu Notebook and I am planning to upgrade RAM for it. Now in my Laptop it has 4gb of RAM (2gb + 2 GB). Please suggest me the best RAM suitable for my Laptop and the maximum capacity to which can I upgrade? Laptop details:  HP Pavilion g6-1321tu NotebookWindows 10 (upgraded from windows 7 home to windows 10 home). And also please suggest me whether I can buy the RAM from below links, http://www.amazon.in/Transcend-4GB-DDR3L-1600-LAPTOP/dp/B00B5LOOJG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1464603061... http://www.amazon.in/Kingston-4GB-Module-1600MHz-KVR16LS11/dp/B00CQ35GYE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1464... Thank you,Venkatesh.  

A:RAM Upgrade for my laptop

Hi I found the manual for your notebook series  http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03094322 Check the page 4 : for Memory info Page 54 : to know how to remove/ replace

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/RAM-Upgrade-for-my-laptop/td-p/5639378
Relevancy 36.12%

I would like to know, the best way to upgrade my Laptop from 4GB to 8GB ram. Should I do it at HP service center ? what would it cost me? Will they ensure (atleast a sanity check)... that everything works in order after they upgrade ? I dont want to upgrade and then get stuck with incompatible RAMs with repsect to make, speeds etc.  Kindly lemme know your views. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Upgrade-my-laptop-from-4GB-RAM-To-8-GB-RAM/td-p/5716173
Relevancy 36.12%

what is the highest upgradation possible for pavillion dv2046tu entertainment series in terms of hard disk, ram and operating system

A:upgrade to laptop

It has the Intel Core Duo T2050 which is not a 64 bit processor so maxes at 3 gigs of RAM. It is SATA so you can install a 2 TB SATA hard drive and your best OS for that machine would be Windows 7 32 bit. It likely could be made to run Windows 10 32 bit with some effort.  Post back with any more questions. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/upgrade-to-laptop/td-p/5668234
Relevancy 36.12%

I want to put in a better processor than what my laptop came with. I bought it a few years ago and it still runs fine but I've started getting into gaming and need a faster processor, new graphics card and I just installed some more memory. What do I need to know before I go buy some parts? I'd really like a 3.0 or higher Pentium 4

A:I'm looking to upgrade my laptop

I would suggest getting a new laptop. It is not easy to replace parts in one , and what laptop do you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/im-looking-to-upgrade-my-laptop.59094/
Relevancy 36.12%

hi i have a HP 15-AF143AU notebook. i just want to know if i can upgrade or replace its cpu processor and gpu processor for gaming performance. and if i can then which one should i get in order to get good gaming performance. and also i want to know if i can replace my amd radeon graphic card to geforce gtx 260..

A:laptop upgrade

Right now you have the AMD E1-6015, a completely worthless processor paired with video to match.  The processor and video are fixed by the motherboard you have. Not upgradeable in any way, shape or form. You could  theoretically swap out for the best motherboard in the series: AMD A8-7410 processor and 2 GB of discrete graphics memory 813971-001, -501, -601 Assuming yours was Windows 8.1 Standard, then your part number would be  813971-501 The part is not available in the HP Part store: https://parts.hp.com/hpparts/Search_Results.aspx?mscssid=D78207FA5EF64D1BBBB026F7D01F6AA0&SearchIn=P... Also found nothing on ebay or amazon.com so it looks like no upgrade project is possible and frankly the AMD A8 processor motherboard is not going to get you where you want to be. Sell your laptop and buy something new is unfortunately the best advice. If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/laptop-upgrade/td-p/5817541
Relevancy 36.12%

I brought my laptop into a computer tech and he tried to install 3 SSDs to no avail.  I would like to install a 120GB SSD if at all possible.  The error received was that it was unable to connect.  Two of the SSDS were Kingstons and the other one was a Toshiba.  My sense is that he did not seek to find out what SSDs were compabile with this laptop.  This computer originally came with Windows 8 installed.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/I-would-like-to-upgrade-my-HP-E2-laptop-from-HDD-to-SSD-Are/td-p/5616727
Relevancy 36.12%

Hello experts,                          I have HP Pavillion G6 2005-ax laptop. I want to upgrade exiating APU (AMD A8-4500m) with A10-4600m or A10-5750m.Can i upgrade AMD A8-4500m with AMD A10-4600m or AMD A10-5750m APU with out replacing motherboard and RAM..???Please replay soon.                                                                                 Thanks.

A:can i upgrade laptop AMD A8 APU with AMD A10 APU?????

Hello CSsingh. I understand you want to perform some upgrades on your computer. I would like to refer you to the maintenance and servicing manual of the computer for more information on this issue: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03277661.pdf

Please let me know if you find this useful, or if you need further information. I'm only here to help!

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/can-i-upgrade-laptop-AMD-A8-APU-with-AMD-A10-APU/td-p/3087481
Relevancy 36.12%

I have a query as to whether it's possible to upgrade the CPU & GPU on my laptop.
Currently I own a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo M3438 with 2GHz P4 CPU & NVidia GEForce 6800 Go GPU. To put it bluntly, I'm as happy as a dog with 2 co*ks but I'm wondering (being a laptop novice) whether some day down the line these can be upgraded?
All thanks in advance.

A:Laptop upgrade?

The CPU can generally be upgraded to a point. As for the Graphics that is usually a different story. If the Laptop has a removeable Graphics card as mine does then it is possible to upgrade it if the manufacturer makes an upgrade for it. But as I said "IF". Many laptops come with the Video as part of the motherboard and are not upgradeable..

And be warned any upgrades such as CPU are going to usually cost you more than a similar upgrade on a desktop model. And someday a mobile P4 CPU maybe very hard to find. Remember, computers evolve even as we speak so anything available on the market today is already out of date to a large extent.

A good upgrade for your system would be ram to take it to its max usable ram, and a larger HDD. Possibly an internal DVD burner.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-upgrade.456356/
Relevancy 36.12%

Im looking to upgrade from an Intel Core i3 to anything beter - i5 or i7...Is this possible?

A:Can i upgrade my laptop's CPU?

Yes you can  PROCESSOR 5th Generation Intel® Core? i5-5200U with Intel HD Graphics 5500 (2.2 GHz, up to 2.7 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 3 MB cache, 2 cores);5th Generation Intel® Core? i3-5005U with Intel HD Graphics 5500 (2 GHz, 3 MB cache, 2 cores);4th Generation Intel® Core? i5-4210U (1.7 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 2 cores)*4th Generation Intel® Core? i3-4030U (1.9GHz), 3MB L3 cache, 2 cores)4th Generation Intel® Core? i3-4010U (1.7 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 2 cores)*4th Generation Intel® Core? i3-4005U (1.7 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 2 cores)*3rd Generation Intel® Core? i3-3217U (1.8 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 2 cores)*Intel® Pentium® N3540 (2.16GHz, turbo up to 2.66GHz, 2 MB L2 cache, 4 cores)*Intel® Pentium® N3530 (2.16GHz, turbo up to 2.58GHz, 2 MB L2 cache, 4 cores)*Intel® Pentium® N3520 (2.17GHz, turbo up to 2.42GHz, 2 MB L2 cache, 4 cores)*Intel® Celeron® N2840 (2.16GHz, turbo up to 2.58GHz, 1 MB L2 cache, 2 cores)*Intel® Celeron® N2830 (1.83GHz, turbo up to 2.41GHz, 1 MB L2 cache, 2 cores)*Intel® Celeron® N2815 (1.86GHz, turbo up to 2.13GHz, 1 MB L2 cache, 2 cores)* * Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. 64-bit computing on Intel® architecture requires a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers, and applications enabled for Intel® 64 architecture. Processors will not operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel® 64 architecture-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on your hardware and software configurations. Intel's numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.  RegardsSATISHP4 Click " Thumb's up " icon if the question is answered/resolved.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Can-i-upgrade-my-laptop-s-CPU/td-p/5708562
Relevancy 36.12%

i want to add more ram in my notebook, i am using pavilion 14-ab018tx. but i don"t know how many ram slot are in my laptop. i want to know can i do or not?

A:can i upgrade my laptop's ram?

2 memory slots, maximum 2 x 8 gig or 16 gigs total. Your Service manual Memory replacement is on p. 37. This is the part number: 8 GB 693374-005 http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Technology-1600MHz-PC3-12800-KVR16LS11/dp/B00CQ35HBQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UT... You need to remove the whole back cover to get at the memory. It is medium difficult and does put the warranty at risk. You should be OK if no damage is done. If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.    

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/can-i-upgrade-my-laptop-s-ram/td-p/5632201
Relevancy 36.12%

I have a dell laptop inspiron 4000 of 2001 model with 256MB RAM and 20 GB HDD, Can I upgrade it to 1GB RAM and 80GB HDD. Will the motherboard support it? Please help

Relevancy 36.12%

Hi. My 6510b laptop is running BIOS HP 68 DDU Ver. F.OB 02/08/2007 I've currently got a Centrino Core Duo T7250 in the machine.   I would like to upgrade to the fastest CPU I can without having to flash the BIOS (I'm no longer running Vista and don't want to wreck the machine!) Advice on best to use, please?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-CPU-upgrade/td-p/5682240
Relevancy 36.12%

The LG LS laptop I ve had for over years has served me very well for what upgrade Laptop CPU I use it Laptop CPU upgrade for It s specs should be in my profile I ve been looking at upgarding the Intel Pentium M Ghz processor with one of the same socket and type centrino technology but the faster newer version M Ghz for about or M Ghz for about leaning more towards the for cost effectiveness First of Laptop CPU upgrade all I don t have much experience with changing hardware especially on laptops the only thing I ve done is upgrade GB ram Am I correct in thinking that so long as I stick to the same specs of my motherboard Mhz FSB socket tech FC- PGA I can just swap out my CPU and get the driver for it OR should I just look into changing out the Chipset maybe to a dual core is that even possible Any insight recommendation are welcome Thanks Andre nbsp

Relevancy 36.12%

Hello all I just got an old HP OmniPoint laptop for the meantime . Its about five years old. It has windows 98 on it now 64 MB of Ram/ and like 8 gigs free. I want to upgrade this laptop. Can I go to XP? or upgrading 98 SE just as good?

A:Old Laptop, what do I upgrade to?

I'm afraid if you are planning to go XP, you'll need a bit more grunt to that laptop, if upgradable at all. Typicaly (although not always) Winxp needs P3 or greater, 128mb RAM (256-512mb recommended), and a bit more hdd space than that, if you want to install much programs or store anything on it. If you can get your hands on the 98SE then it should suffice..

But i wont rule out it wont work, just that it would be extremely unbearably slow.. even if you turn off those effects and eye candy..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/old-laptop-what-do-i-upgrade-to.55045/
Relevancy 36.12%

i've just bought a dell latitiude l400 notebook for my university studies.it's got with an intel pentium 3 696 Mhz with 256 RAM and 10 Gb hard drive. i've got windows xp. i just wanted to know if i can get any upgrades for it to make it faster and to get more memory because the university has got a really fast internet connection and so i have started dowloading music, and i also want to be able to use it to edit my digital camera photos.

A:can i upgrade anything on my laptop?

http://www.crucial.com/store/listpa...&cat=RAM&model=Latitude+L400+Series&submit=Go

256 is the max

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-upgrade-anything-on-my-laptop.289377/
Relevancy 36.12%

I was looking into maybe upgrading my laptop from 512mb of RAM to 1024 mb of RAM. I have found that while im playing some games such as half life 2 the graphics seem to be a bit sluggish. It is probably because I have a 64mb intergrated Intel graphics card....will extra ram actually help my situation? If so how much will it cost to buy in the UK?
Spec:

Toshiba Satellite A30
3.02ghz Intel P4 processor
512mb RAM
64mb intel intergrated graphics
40gb hard disk

Relevancy 36.12%

hi, I'm a n00b (thats it, isnt it?) anyway, a n00b at upgrading laptops and I have a dell latitude d610 laptop running at 1.73Ghz with 1Gb of ram with 37 Gs of space, and I was wondering if I can upgrade it with a processor i'm buying off ebay. It's a Mobile Pentium 4 2.4Ghz, and I can provide a link: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6849408597&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:AU:12 . I have a Pentium M Processor, and I have emailed someone asking about this and they said it should be okay to upgrade it as long as it is the same brand (whether it means a pentium or a intel product, i dunno), anyway I'm asking....is this possible or not?

Oh and, hi, I'm new here, sorry for not introducing myself

A:Laptop Upgrade

Ok, no I don't think you can use that cpu. It's a pentium 4 mobile and your cpu is a pentium m(I think the cpu socket is different). Also, your current cpu is as good or better than the one you list. The reason is pentium m chips can run at lower actual speeds but since they're more efficient they can compete with pentium 4 cpus with a higher clock speed. If you still want/need a faster cpu, look into a pentium m 760, which runs at 2ghz. I think I read once that a 1.6 pentium m was as fast as a 2.4 pentium 4 m, but that was the older pentium m's with the 400fsb, your laptop supports newer pentium m's with a 533 fsb, which are even better.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-upgrade.44401/
Relevancy 36.12%

I have an older laptop a Toshiba Satellite -S and I have upgraded the RAM to GB Intel s site says this is the max RAM it can have - is that true I also wanted to know if it was possible to upgrade the CPU It has a Intel mobile celeron pin socket Ghz mhz bus and kb L cache I found this http laptop? I Upgrade Can my www upgradebay com cpus Celeron Mobile Processor asp I think it would work but it could be locked out by the bios so I wanted to know if anyone had any experience and if anyone knows of a faster one and is a mhz Can I Upgrade my laptop? upgrade worth it Finally I realize that I will most probably never be able to upgrade my video card and I know were dealing with integrated graphics but I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to force it to use more ram for memory or possibly even OC it a bit Thanks nbsp

A:Can I Upgrade my laptop?

It's really not worth messing with such an old laptop as they are not designed to be upgraded.

To fit a new cpu you would have to completely strip the lappy down and thats a big big job.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-upgrade-my-laptop.90509/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi guys n gals,

Recently had a Advent notebook brought for me (specs should show here somewhere) and i havent a clue if it is upgradable or not. Ive played a few games on medium settings with little lag, but some games on Low settings with none, but i would like to be able to play games on close to high settings without issues. Im sure a Desktop PC would be more suitable, but for the next 3 years or so im stuck with this.
Am i able to upgrade the GFX/processor/Ram etc on a notebook...or is there something else i can do to increase performance without to much difficulty and not hurting my laptop in anyway?

ill edit this post if my Specs dont show up.
EDIT- Lappy Specs
Advent Monza N1 Notebook
Microsoft 7 Home Premium
AMD Dual-Core Athlon II N330 2.7ghz
6GB DDR3
500GB S-ATA
Integrated ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250

Thanks in advance
Phil

Relevancy 36.12%

I'm just looking for some expert opinions/advice on this potential upgrade to my laptop.

Current specs:

Dell Inspiron 15r 7520
Windows 8.1 64bit
Intel Core i7-3612QM CPU @2.10GHz
6.00gb RAM
Intel HD Graphics 4000

What I want to upgrade it to for the purposes of video editing:

Upgrade RAM to 16bg http://www.onestoppcshop.co.uk/corsair-16gb-ddr3.html?gclid=CN6yjf-3jbwCFWTnwgodSyMALw

Switch to SSD drive http://www.ebuyer.com/410474-samsun...ium=products&gclid=CMXS8tr757sCFTDMtAodTyEAxQ

Buy PE4H http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PE4H-EC2C...405?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ac911ea45

Purchase either GTX 470 or GTX 650Ti

Then hook it up to a monitor.

Does all the look compatible with my current model?

Also if you have any better suggestions on the products I've listed that are similar price range, that would be great.

Thanks,
Jason

A:Laptop upgrade. Is this possible?

http://www.crucial.com/uk/upgrade/D...s/Notebooks/Inspiron+15R+(7520)-upgrades.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-upgrade-is-this-possible.1120708/
Relevancy 36.12%

I have a 4-5 yr/old HP laptop that currently runs XP Pro. It is stable, but I was thinking about upgrading. I have 2GB ram and a 250GB hard drive installed.
Product Specifications HP Pavilion zv6130us Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

I am looking at how well it would perform, NOT if it could run the OS. Windows Upgrade Advisor says it could support 7. And I don't want to upgrade because it is cool or nice, but if an upgrade can increase performance.

My questions:

Should I upgrade the OS? Seven or Vista or leave it alone.

A:Upgrade Old Laptop

There is no way Windows 7 (and definitely not Vista) is going to run better than XP on that laptop. If you really get the bug, make sure you have a full image backup of your current XP before starting. That way getting back to XP is easy.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/74478-upgrade-old-laptop.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I just picked up a newer laptop.I want to upgrade the HD to 750GB?
Do i just replace the stock HD with the 750GB HD?
The laptop has W7 installed. Will installing the newer HD remove W7?

The Laptop did come with a disc that had windows 7 image written on the disc

Suggestions?
Thanks

A:Upgrade Laptop HD?

If you are putting in a new hard drive its going to be blank and will not have any operating system on it. on the new drive you will have to install windows and the drivers if needed.since its a newer laptop it probably came with a SATA drive. if the new drive is the same kind it should work.if the windows 7 disk is genuine all you have to do is use the key on the COA sticker thats on the computer to activate it when you are done installing the operating system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrade-laptop-hd.1123937/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi

I've got an ADVENT 7105 laptop which uses a 1.8GHz 3000+ AMD Sempron Mobile CPU. Normally I wouldn't undertake any action on a laptop CPU, but my laptop has been designed so the CPU can be replaced. It has the AMD socket 754.

Will there be any improvement in performance if I upgraded to an Athlon Mobile CPU?

Thanks

A:Upgrade laptop CPU?

I doubt that you will see a whole lot of difference.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrade-laptop-cpu.734400/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hey there - I've been dealing with this problem since last spring My laptop was built with gigs of ram in it but with Windows x bit it could only utilize So i decided to upgrade to x bit but afterwards my computer started to get scorching hot and laggy when playing older games Final Fantasy XI League of Legends - games that aren't particularly demanding and played fine in bit I bought a fan for it which helps half of the time but trying to play anything newer on it still makes them unplayable I've tried a multitude of things including updating the BIOS checking for dust trying to download new graphics drivers downloading speedfan which x64 in very hot upgrade after gets bit Laptop doesn't seem to do anything I've been looking into getting quot cool and quiet quot drivers but I can't Laptop gets very hot in x64 bit after upgrade seem to find any or the one that I did get said that it was only for an Asus Laptop which mine is i get a similar message when tryng to download the latest drivers from Nvidia- not sure why Anyhoo some pertinent specs from my laptop Model Asus N Vg OS Windows Home Ultimate x bit Graphics Nvidia Geforce GT M Intel Core Duo CPU P Ghz gigs of ram I hope somebody can help me out - I can't run my computer like I used to and i'm seriously frustrated at this point that the computer that i bought to play games atleast decently can't really play anything well now

A:Laptop gets very hot in x64 bit after upgrade

This is the most complete information that I have on overheating. I hope it helps you as it has helped so many others
Langa Letter: Curing Laptop Overheating -- PC Maintenance -- InformationWeek

You did not give your system specs, but the article is almost as valuable for desktops.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/120926-laptop-gets-very-hot-x64-bit-after-upgrade.html