Windows Support Forum

Is this build worth it?

Q: Is this build worth it?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/FWD2TW

all the parts etc will they last ? I wont be doing hardcore like using it all the time but I do want top of the line stuff. I don't mind prices at all. I like to pay for stuff thats worth it.

What could I edit in this build to to make it either better bang for its buck and better for performance?

I want to play all games at ultra and I want to be able to not upgrade anything for a couple years or so.
I mainly will be playing old games like modding GTA IV etc...

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Is this build worth it?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Is this build worth it?

Surprised no one has responded to this yet.
Without knowing what games you might eventually get, its hard to build a computer that can play "ultra" setting. Games being released now are requiring better (if not top of the line - depending on the game) components.
If you were to use the existing setup that you have linked, I would suggest changing a couple things:
The RAM is rated at 1.6V and the motherboard is 1.5V. This is a small issue, but you should try to make sure that it is the same voltage. Makes for less "headaches" while trying to setup the computer. I would also suggest with the RAM - go 16GB (2x8GB) instead of 8GB (2x4GB). 8GB is the norm for gaming now, but who knows in the future. Better to get it now and out of the way, if you can afford it.
I would suggest getting a 800W (or higher) Power Supply instead of the 600W you have listed. This way "if" you do decide to get a different (or add a second) video card, you will have plenty of power to supply to it.
Last thing is you did not include a case to house all of these parts. I would suggest something that has "breathing" room. Get a case that you can add in a couple case fans to create proper air circulation and help eliminate heat buildup.
This is all just my opinion though, so take it as you want. But if you really want to "future proof" as much as possible, my suggestions would help a good deal with doing so.
Let us know what you end up deciding and ultimately come out with when (and if) you build this computer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-build-worth-it.207207/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi I was going to build a computer for my mom The system was going to be built around the AMD Athalon x Ghz socket AM processor now I picked out all the parts on newegg for the build and ended up around before it? worth even Is my build shipping and handleing my build included Winxp Home spk Athalon x Ghz AM socket GB wintec ddr sdram Western Digital gb sata Gbs hd lite-on x dvd cd burner floppy Rosewill case with mm fans and w PSU keyboard optical mouse speakers and a SCEPTRE Is my build even worth it? X G-NagaVI Black quot ms LCD Monitor So I decided to look around at the pre-built computers and see what they offered Then I came across Hp s website and found the Hp Pavilion a e series computer The Hp Pavilion a e comes with virtually the same specs as I built including the quot monitor but with vista for the same price with free shipping Here is the motherboard I put into my build http www newegg com product product asp item N E Here is the specs for the Motherbaord in the HP http h www hp com ewfrf wc amp lc en amp cc us amp dlc en amp product amp lang en I was going to have my mother use onboard graphics for now and upgrade later if she needed it BUt It looks like the HP even has better onboard vid then the board I picked out on my build Looking at the Motherboard specs do you even think I should bother with building or should I just buy an HP Would My system be better off in the long run or is it just a waste of time My board can upgrade to AMD s FX sereis CPU s but thats the only thing I see better with the Motherboards The only thing I m thinking is maybe the components like the hard drive and such might be of better quality in the one I was going to build does that make sense Any advice would be helpful becuase after shipping costs the build would be more exspensive then the HP and I would still have to build it what would you do nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

Hi all im looking at this build is it worth £400 its
i5-3570k / 8GB / 500HD / GTX 670 / DRW / 27 / W7 / A

A:Is this build worth the price

I'd like to see where you're getting that for £400 -- In short, if its for real, its a bargain. The GTX 670 starts at just shy of £300 alone. The i5 3570K is another £180. So yeah, it's a good price!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-build-worth-the-price.184564/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hey all,

I'm looking to sell my current computer, and my mom's boyfriend has offered to buy it. He's a nice guy so I want to give him a fair price, but I really don't know what my system is worth. Any ideas?

NZXT Apollo case w/3 aftermarket high cfm led fans and 2 matching blue cathodes
Antec SmartPower 500 dual rail PSU
Asus m2n-sli Deluxe nf570sli motherboard
Evga g80 8800gts 640mb
Athlon Windsor 5200+ 2.6ghz with Artic Silver 5 and a Zalman CNPS9500
4x1gb ram (2 Patriot Viper SLI sticks 2 of some offbrand...both OC up to 3.0 with the proc)
WD Caviar SE16 250gb
2x WD Caviar Black 500gb (raid 0 - thinking about keeping these)
DVD Super Multi + Lightscribe
Sound Blaster X-FI extremegamer (the not fatal1ty one)

Thanks in advance!

A:Whats my build worth?

I dont know whats its worth
but if it was mine i would hate to part company with it...nice rig
Also you have to consider this if he and your mom break up later down the road will he still love the computer ............sorry i just had to throw that in

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/whats-my-build-worth.846574/
Relevancy 57.19%

i have an Celeron FV524RX433 128SL3BA i know it is out of date by todays standards. However im thinking about putting together a pc out of scraps (because i'm bored and unemployeed)and i have a lot of different combinations i can use and i would like to make as good of set up as i can.Putting the right combinatuion of scraps can be quite confusing at times

A:Is this Processor worth using on a build ?

i would say... nope... if it was a processor that was say around 1.0Ghz + then yea may be worth putting a few scraps together, but something that slow probably isnt worth it, still if is the only processor you have... yea i guess it would be a project... but not worth actually computing on these days

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-this-processor-worth-using-on-a-build.720683/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi Everyone I m no expert in computers but I ve enjoyed tinkering with some old desktops and laptops I Own Solved: System Hard? My - Worth BareBones Easy? Build it? have around and have collected from friends Most are REALLY old I m in need of a fast desktop for Audio Recording Solved: Build My Own BareBones System - Easy? Hard? Worth it? - I ve been Solved: Build My Own BareBones System - Easy? Hard? Worth it? using Ubuntu Studio and the Solved: Build My Own BareBones System - Easy? Hard? Worth it? current desktop is not powerful enough to fit my needs I hate to order an expensive computer from HP or something and wipe windows off right after I get it Been looking into building a barebones system from products on Newegg com like a shuttle or biostar barebones kit My question is - how easy are they to install As I said I enjoy learning and tinkering but I have NO training or experience Will I have to solder things or is it pretty much pluging things in Don t mind researching Is it worth it Will I even save any money Also if I buy something like this http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E I m assuming I need the processor Hard drive CD DVD burner and RAM Anything else Let me know your thoughts I don t want to throw down if I m just getting in over my head and will have to spend more than that to buy a new computer Any other suggestions Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Build My Own BareBones System - Easy? Hard? Worth it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-build-my-own-barebones-system-easy-hard-worth-it.1092467/
Relevancy 40.85%

I keep seeing PC's for sale with 64 - bit Vista, but I've heard here and there it might be more trouble than it's worth (not compatible w/ certain drivers/programs, etc), whereas regular 32-bit might be less hassle.

Can anyone shed some light on this issue? Anyone know?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Doug

Relevancy 36.55%

My win pro build hasn't received the November update build while my other win home versions have I know I'm not the only one having this problem but here's my two cents On my xw I upgraded from win pro to win pro as soon as was available some months ago I still receive other windows updates I downloaded 1511 the 10240 November pro build build received 10 win update hasn't the most recent iso from the media creation tool but I don't have an option to mount it from the right click menu Both sfc and dism have no issues I would burn it do a disk but I've read other users say its just reinstalled build instead I was using another random win pro computer at work today and noticed it hasn't received the November update yet either Anyone else with win pro that did get the update Maybe this issue has more to it like when I upgraded to pro I had an issue with onedrive I don't really use it so I only disabled it from win 10 pro build 10240 hasn't received the November update build 1511 startup in the task manager but it as a service disappeared except for registry entries and program files and win 10 pro build 10240 hasn't received the November update build 1511 I haven't found a way to reinstall it yet I know I could do a clean install of windows but that's not my style I move from pc to pc over the years using disk images win 10 pro build 10240 hasn't received the November update build 1511 This onedrive issue is the only problem I've come across that I haven't figured out without a clean install I mean I wiped onedrive from my system completely registry keys and all but attempts to reinstall fall short error corrupted file During the attempted installation it places all its registry items and files including the file it says is corrupt Copy those files that are working on another computer no dice sfc and dism no issues I'm getting off track I was hoping the November update would fix it but now that's an issue too Maybe Microsoft delayed the November update on win pro Thanks in advance

A:win 10 pro build 10240 hasn't received the November update build 1511

RE : I downloaded the most recent iso from the media creation tool but I don't have an option to mount it from the right click menu.

Did you burn the iso to a bootable media, then insert the media to the computer ?
If that was what you did, then you would NOT see the Mount option.
Instead, you would see the Setup option. Use that to start the installation.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/36509-win-10-pro-build-10240-hasnt-received-november-update-build-1511-a.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Can I install Icon Packs designed for Build 7600 to Build 7601?

An Icon Pack was saying install on to 7600 only and after I checked my regedit, I learned that I have 7601 (Probably SP1, I don't know).

Would I have any problems if I install the icon pack?

Thanks.

A:Can I install Icon Packs designed for Build 7600 on to Build 7601?

You can normally install icons anywhere you like, on any machine or system which uses them, they are merely small graphics of various types. Unless the "Icon-pack" is using software to install something else, ( in which case be careful what it does), you can install it anywhere.

Some "Icon-packs" make extensive changes to system files, are dependent on the system to which they are installed, and best avoided.

Regards....Mike Connor

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/155091-can-i-install-icon-packs-designed-build-7600-build-7601-a.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Yesterday i updated my phone to wat supposed to be anniversary update .i was surprised that my windows build had vecome an insider preview build which in the past i downgraded my phone to version 8.1 then updated to windows 10 original to get away from the insider version..my question is why ot came back and how to prevent it from coming back in the future

A:why my windows mobile 10 build has transformed to an insider preview build

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question Yesterday i updated my phone to wat supposed to be anniversary update .i was surprised that my windows build had vecome an insider preview build which in the past i downgraded my phone to version 8.1 then updated to windows 10 original to get away from the insider version..my question is why ot came back and how to prevent it from coming back in the future Go to settings - Info and check build version.
Annyversary Update is nothing else than Redstone that became official and replacing old Threshold, read the news ;)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436478-why-my-windows-mobile-10-build-has-transformed-insider-preview-build.html
Relevancy 36.55%

So recently after the November build release I woke the next morning to find that my computer underwent a rather major update After which it seemed my home network was thrown out of newest build. to previous back rolling after find build Cant wack I immediately rolled reverted recovered to previous build But now everything is out of wack Most of the time I have to restart my computer just so it'll communicate with my printer to start printing And restarting the computer is twice as long if it restarts at all Most of the time It gets stuck in the quot restart quot progress animates the rotating circles and I have to press the restart button on the computer tower with great regret and dread Transferring files from one windows device to another is a hit or miss I'm pissed I'm not literate when it comes to networking and was super happy how everything was But now not only is my wifi home network out of wack but my computer itself is wonky I figure I might as well reinstall the newest build in hopes that it'll at least fix a fe of the problems But anytime I check for updates the newest build no longer shows up Can someone please help

A:Cant find newest build after rolling back to previous build.

Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums

Mount the ISO file, run setup.exe from the fake DVD drive created by mounting the ISO file.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/39036-cant-find-newest-build-after-rolling-back-previous-build.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi everyone After not recieving the AU from Microsoft I took a look at winver I noticed that my PC has never received or installed an update since the original Windows build Version or build I began to investigated and noticed that Cumulative Update KB keeps trying 10 (build 10240) update to original Windows build from Unable to install however Windows Update always fails to install this update giving me this error quot There were problems installing some updates but we'll try again later If you keep seeing this and Unable to update from Windows 10 original build (build 10240) want to search the web or contact support for information this may help quot No error code is provided I took a look at setuperr log within the Windows BT folder and this is the only error present Error SP CSetupPlatform ResurrectNewSystem Cannot resurrect new system Win Exception C Windows BT Sources NewSystem dat The system cannot find the file specified x thiscall UnBCL FileStream FileStream const class UnBCL String enum UnBCL FileMode enum UnBCL FileAccess enum UnBCL FileShare unsigned long gle x I would really appreciate if anyone could help me out with this issue as i'd like to move up to the AU - Please let me know if you need any more info Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/63725-unable-update-windows-10-original-build-build-10240-a.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Everytime I try and updated or patch a problem on my computer I get this message (Version of Source build is not target build) and I'm unable to download repairs. What can I do I have tried a few things but same message.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?90827-Updates-issue-version-of-source-build-is-not-target-build
Relevancy 36.55%

P50-A09M running Windows 10 64b

Trying to update my Toshiba Video Play to version V5.3.50.2 from V5.3.27.102-A

All I get is Version of source build is not target build.

Tried both ways dnloaded the Window 10 update and via the Toshiba Service Store, the Service Store gives you the wrong info to delete the old one, totally wrong as you have no Video Player to update, had to use a system restore to get it back, the build in backup version V5.3.27.102-A
will not install comes up to delete it all the time ??

Ive seem many post regarding this error; Version of source build is not target build but No answers.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91864-Satellite-P50-A09M-Version-of-source-build-is-not-target-build
Relevancy 36.55%

My current system was upgraded to windows 7 32bit from vista 32bit (I bought the windows 7 home premium upgrade disc when it was first released). I am going to build a complete new system. Can I install windows 7 64bit from the same windows 7 disc? Or do I have to buy a new windows 7 disc? Is there a way around buying a whole new disc?

A:Solved: New computer build work with old build's Windows 7 Disc?

It won't activate and you will end up in Safe Mode permanently. One machne = one license. You need to buy another full version. But you can do it if you don't use 7 on the old machine. You will just have to activate by phone and explain. Then if you go online with both, one will deactivate and go to Safe Mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-computer-build-work-with-old-builds-windows-7-disc.1005746/
Relevancy 36.12%

I am trying to install Windows Build from Windows Build I Install Windows 10586 10 Build Build 10240 From have just received the Windows Update Assistant popup telling me I'm not running the latest version of Windows I have it downloaded but it will not install The computer check Install Windows 10 Build 10586 From Build 10240 said my computer is good to go Asus AllInOne Model ET I've tried several times and each time it reaches the computer restarts and then it goes into quot reinstalling your previous version quot and I'm back to Build I know there are other people with the same problem but no solution One website said to delete quot Windows old folder as that may be a problem using Disk Cleanup but it doesn't show up on my Install Windows 10 Build 10586 From Build 10240 computer under quot Clean Install Windows 10 Build 10586 From Build 10240 up system files Previous Windows installations There is a quot Windows old quot folder on my C drive but it is full of empty folders I'm not sure if I should just go ahead and delete it There is also a new folder called Windows Upgrade with files in it Hope someone can help thank you

A:Install Windows 10 Build 10586 From Build 10240

Do you have the Razer Synapse software installed? That seems to have been what's caused it for me. Unfortunately I seem no longer to be able to trigger the update, darn it, as Windows now feels it has updated and all's fine (it hasn't).
uninstall the Razer software and try again. Hopefully it hasn't messed you up completely.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/433934-install-windows-10-build-10586-build-10240-a.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I've been stuck on build 11102.rs1_release.160113-1800.
Going to Settings. Update & Security, Check for updates says "your device is up to date".
Checked for updates at least 10 times and always get the same response "Your device is up to date".

I don't want to download an ISO and clean install - I'd like to get the insider updates through
the standard update process.

Any suggestion or solutions?

Thanks

A:build 11102 will not download latest build 14271

Try this - worked for me in a similar situation.

I deleted all folders in the software distribution folder, selected to leave Insider Program from updates menu, rebooted, rejoined Program and then it found the updates. Try just deleting folders first and checking for updates. That works for some but did not for me (it was the leaving and rejoining that seemed to do the trick).

If you try rejoining and leaving, make an image backup of 11102 first, just in case leaving and rejoining should cause it not to activate (especially if you never started from a valid 7/8 licence). Good idea to make the backup anyway in case the upgrade fails (you would then have to go back to 10586 and start afresh)

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/41994-build-11102-will-not-download-latest-build-14271-a.html
Relevancy 36.12%

My current system specs are below is getting a bit dated and frankly I m just itching to build a new computer Since the days of pentium hyperthreading socket and AGP video cards are long gone I m looking for some advice and or guides on where to look for ideas I like to play games although I wouldn t consider myself a gaming geek in that I need the latest card and processor But I do like quality I guess what I m looking for is a decent mid range system that ll make look FSX and Vista look good without breaking my bank I new Want any you'd guides recommend? good system, to build 'build' a m partial to Intel ASUS and ATI but I d really be willing to try anything as I know the market changes like the winds I m not real keen on the latest in technology for instance all I know a RAID to be is something we d Want to build a new system, any good 'build' guides you'd recommend? do in the middle of the night to the sorority houses looking for panties Any Want to build a new system, any good 'build' guides you'd recommend? ideas or general directions you can point me in would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Want to build a new system, any good 'build' guides you'd recommend?

What is your budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/want-to-build-a-new-system-any-good-build-guides-youd-recommend.70046/
Relevancy 36.12%

If I get an .iso of Windows 10 RTM (14393) , I can install over the Preview Build (14931) I'm using without losing my personal files, Win32 programs and applications?

A:Install RTM Build (14393) over Preview Build (14931)

Yes. Mount the ISO file as virtual DVD by double clicking it and launch the Setup.exe to start upgrade.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/65102-install-rtm-build-14393-over-preview-build-14931-a.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Windows 7 has reached RTM builds
and there will be several candidate builds in RTM.

first candidate build of RTM is build 7260.

6.1.7260.0.win7_rtm.090612-2110 - RTM branch build

compiled on 12 june.

You may ask why the first assembly win7_rtm has already been collected on 12 June not 15 June. There are several working groups involved in the process of assembling win 7 RTM build and will be assessing the quality of assemblies. Once the assembly is collected and its quality is confirmed, only then they put to the vote.

you may take time to understand all of these steps and procedures, so only the assembly from June 12 and June 15, attained the status of the real candidates for the final RTM release.

Edit :Link Removed.
but im not sure in news thread we quote links but not allowed in discussion threads
any reason for that!!!

A:Windows 7 Build 7260 (first candidate build of RTM)

Airbot pls do your job

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/13378-windows-7-build-7260-first-candidate-build-rtm.html
Relevancy 35.26%

P50-A09M running Windows 10 64b

Trying to update my Toshiba Video Play to version V5.3.50.2 from V5.3.27.102-A

All I get is Version of source build is not target build.

Tried both ways dnloaded the Window 10 update and via the Toshiba Service Store, the Service Store gives you the wrong info to delete the old one, totally wrong as you have no Video Player to update, had to use a system restore to get it back, the build in backup version V5.3.27.102-A
will not install comes up to delete it all the time ??

Ive seem many post regarding this error; Version of source build is not target build but No answers.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91864-Version-of-source-build-is-not-target-build
Relevancy 35.26%

utorrent isn't working too well whereas it usually does and I want to know what is the best utorrent for vista ultimate x64 build 6001 and also what are the best tweaks and settings for the version I should use please tell me the best/most ideall version and aqlso link me to a tweak/settings guide thanks. NOTE: I DO NOT USE UTORRENT TO DOWNLOAD ILLEGAL MATERIAL

A:Best Utorrent Build For Vista Ult. X64 Build 6001

hi ,,, i also use utorrent,,, as regards tweeks, there is not much you can do,,, its more to do with your hardware if you want faster and more stable downloads and what profile your broadband is,,, im on an 6meg profile and achive about 5 meg as im about 2km fromthe exchange,,, i use a site called kitz.com in the uk and they sugest useing a router and resetting the MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit ) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximum_transmission_unitif files collide then it has to be sent again,,, if the mtu is set to high it could be to fast and collisions happen and it has to be sent to you again slowing the download,,, default for ethernet setup on a windows os is 1500,,, to high,,, i reset mine to 1423 and torrents take less time now because files dont have to be re sent.http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/index.htmlook in ADSL tab at the top of the page and then "tweeking mtu" ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, good luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/149849/best-utorrent-build-for-vista-ult-x64-build-6001/
Relevancy 35.26%

Microsoft released Windows for PCs build today the first Insider Preview build since the Anniversary Update was launched last Tuesday The company noted that it might take a few hours for the build to show for everyone As promised earlier this week there s not a the Here's for new Redstone first in PCs 14901, Windows 10 build build 2 what's lot that s new There are just two known issues Here's what's new in Windows 10 for PCs build 14901, the first Redstone 2 build and one new feature Here s what s new Improving Product Education As part of an effort to explore new ways of educating our customers on features in Windows we are testing out new notifications within File Explorer They re designed to help customers by providing quick easy information about things they can do or new features they can try to have a better experience with Windows If you want to opt out of these notifications you can do so by unchecking Show sync provider notifications from the Options menu in the File Explorer View tab Dona Sarkar head of the Windows Insider Program took the time to mention Windows Mobile which was the one version of Here's what's new in Windows 10 for PCs build 14901, the first Redstone 2 build Windows that didn t get an Anniversary Here's what's new in Windows 10 for PCs build 14901, the first Redstone 2 build Update last week She said that the team is quot laser-focused quot on getting the AU to Mobile and she thinks that they re almost ready According to Dona you can help by installing build on your phone and submitting feedback nbsp

https://malwaretips.com/threads/heres-whats-new-in-windows-10-for-pcs-build-14901-the-first-redstone-2-build.62327/
Relevancy 35.26%

I built the PC and have all the hardware installed. The disc that came with the mother board is in the reader drive. No signal is detected by the monitor. I am unsure if it has a BIOS.
here is a link to my parts list

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/alanhenry/saved/PNFtt6

i have reseated everything twice with no results.

A:new PC build. first time build. no signal to monitor

have u plugged in the TWO power plugs on the motherboard
have u plugged the power for the video card
have u checked the case to mobo power wire is in the right spot
the video card u have requires a minimum of 500w power supply.......... u have purchased a corsair cx 500 which is not up to the job, while being a fine psu for onboard video........it is underpowered for your system

the motherboard u chose is a tad low end see reviews here http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-pc-build-first-time-build-no-signal-to-monitor.1148801/
Relevancy 35.26%

Build 237 (2015-02-10) BETA

IMPROVED: Malware removal on Windows 8.

Build 236 (2015-02-10)

FIXED: Handling of Proxy Auto-Config (PAC) files.
ADDED: Command line switch /proxy=<noproxy|auto|wpad|http:|serverort>
Example: /proxy=http://server/pac.js
IMPROVED: Remnant scanner.
Download Links
http://dl.surfright.nl/HitmanPro.exe
http://dl.surfright.nl/HitmanPro_x64.exe

A:Hitman Pro 3.7.9 Build 236 Final/ Build 237 BETA

Beta Download:
http://www.hitmanpro.com/beta

https://malwaretips.com/threads/hitman-pro-3-7-9-build-236-final-build-237-beta.42101/
Relevancy 35.26%

Somewhat unusual situation here. A machine running the latest build (11102) got badly infected by malware. It was such a major attack that I was about to reload the earlier day's image from my Windows Home Server. But it seemed even easier to revert to the previous build, not yet removed from the Windows.old folder. This I did, and everything soon was running fine as expected.

The issue is that the Updates check is not offering Build 11102 again. This isn't a showstopper; I'm sure there will be another newer build soon. But it would be nice to be back up on this latest build, just as all my other Win10 machines are running.

Does anyone know how to make this happen?

A:How To Get Latest Build After Reverting To Earlier Build

Hi,
If you have set it on Fast ring, it will be updated after 24 hrs, so need to be patient.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/38539-how-get-latest-build-after-reverting-earlier-build.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Hello,
After updating to this insider build my start menu,cortana menu,WiFi menu and action center do not work,how can I fix these?

Also sfc /scannow does not work "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service." - FIXED with batch file

Settings menu will not open since the start menu wont,even the personalization menu from the desktop does not open.

A:Windows 10 build insider build 14295

Assuming you updated to 14295 through Windows Update ?
If yes, try to reinstall using the newly released 14295 ISO file.....
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...mkD9g%29%28%29

Download the iso file that corresponds to your Win 10 Insider Preview version ( i.e. language and bit-version )> save it to a folder.
Right click at the iso file > click Mount > click Setup.exe.
Installation will begin.
No product key is required.
Activation will be automatic.

Hopefully, reinstall will fix the problems.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/46396-windows-10-build-insider-build-14295-a.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi All,
I am currently running OS 7 Beta RC Build 7100. Were do I get this newer version, is there a big difference? And am I able to upgrade to the newer Beta?

I realize that October is fast approaching for the RTM but I plan to keep running the Beta for a couple of months past the Grand Opening.

Is it possible that all the updates that I have received equally add up to the newer build?

A:Upgrade from Build 7100 to Build 7264?

I'm still wondering where people got build 7600. :/
I'm running the same build as you, but this beta is gonna expire soon, so we got no choice but to get the RTM.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/19147-upgrade-build-7100-build-7264-a.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi All
I'm Tired Of Still Formatting My PC When Evered Anew Build Is Released
Can I Update Win 7 From Build To Build Without Formatting ?

Thanks

A:Can I Update Win 7 From Build To Build Without Format

Quick Answer: Yes

You could upgrade from a build to another build but it is recommended to do a clean install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/15285-can-i-update-win-7-build-build-without-format.html
Relevancy 33.97%

What's new in HitmanPro 3.7.7 Build 205 Beta:
August 26th, 2013

· FIXED: Processing of ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad startup entries.
· FIXED: Processing of Task Scheduler jobs.

Download

https://malwaretips.com/threads/hitmanpro-3-7-7-build-203-3-7-7-build-205-beta.17869/
Relevancy 33.97%

All I would really appreciate your input on my final first Build: About my build, advice order ever C2D to please spec for my first build Intended Usage - Heavy multitasking C2D Build: About to order my first ever build, advice please - Mail browsing downloading movies playng music with Mediaplayer decoding movies online poker - Games - Warcraft Flight sims RTS Other Info - I will be using my existing Dell inch LCD running x - I will experiment with moderate overclocking but this is my main system so I want a stable box that will run for - years - I don t want the extra complexity of RAID - I am not interested in SLI I will buy the top of the line DX graphics card next year the current choice is only a stop gap - Based on what I have heard above the minimal cpu impact I am going for on board sound rather than a separate card - In future I see myself upgrading to C2D Build: About to order my first ever build, advice please quad core - I will run XP as my main OS with Vista on its own partition until I am happy to move to Vista late next year Will also have another OS partition on the main Harddrive C2D Build: About to order my first ever build, advice please for messing around with Linux Questions - What are your general thoughts - How does my memory choice look - Does my PSU look ok for the future I would like a modular unit I won t go SLI but do see myself having Quad core and a beefy DX GPU as well as SATA devices - Is there an ATI alternative to my graphics card choice as I hear ATI is the way to go right now Also I want to avoid reinstalling my OS if I move to an ATI DX card I have hear that you should reinstall the OS if you are changing between ATI amp Nvidia drivers - What s the view on my case I want something with good cooling quiet space to move around in and good looking Suggestions Spec These parts are available in online amp local stores i live in Holland Processor - Intel Core Duo E Motherboard - P W DH Deluxe Intel X I changed this from a Gigabyte DQ after hearing about a lot of memory problems Cooler - Zalman CNPS AT Memory - GB - OCZ DDR PC - Platinum Revision CL - - - OR GB Corsair XMS TWIN X DDR MB CL Video - XFX GeForce GT MB will upgrade to DX card s next year Hard Drive - Western Digital Raptor WD AD - Windows XP Vista Linux Games partitions Hard Drive - Seagate Barracuda - another of these to be added later for backup Case - GigaByte D Aurora I have been bouncing between a Coolermaster Mystique a Coolermaster Praetorian and a Collermaster WaveMaster now I have this choice PSU - OCZ Modstream W or Antec NEO W Floppy cardreader - Mitsumi in FDD Cardreader Optical - NEC AD- A DVD burner nbsp

A:C2D Build: About to order my first ever build, advice please

Good, except for the E6600. Get the E6400 and overclock it (should overclock well with that board and your ram, without blowing up your processor in 3 years). Will save you quite a bit of money that way.

Also just a personal recommendation. Get the Enermax Noisetaker II 485W PSU instead.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/c2d-build-about-to-order-my-first-ever-build-advice-please.58811/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello,

Ive recently built a new comp and put win 7 on it. Now, I was wondering about the new/differant builds. Looks like I have build 7100. And thus far really like, alot!

Should I download a new build?

What are the differences? Will I notice?

Where Do I get new builds?

Thanks alot!

A:Should I upgrade My Win 7 build to a newer build???

The new build (7127 is the only new 1 so far) is available on most torrent sites. If you are having no issues with the RC build 7100 then you may not notice any difference, although, 7127 does seem a bit faster.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/11123-should-i-upgrade-my-win-7-build-newer-build.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I plan on using this computer for games like FC Crysis Civ LoL look computer build, a good build? this First does like Arma Kerbal SP CoD SimCity torrenting and multitasking gaming music or gaming skype or all three I plan First computer build, does this look like a good build? on building it within the month I prefer performance over cost I have Windows Ultimate -bit I have a quot Samsung T B x Bose USB speakers and a mouse but I will need a keyboard I also have access to wired internet I m just wondering if anyone First computer build, does this look like a good build? has any suggestions on these parts seeing as I am new to computer building I did a good amount of research so far And also if these parts would fit and work well together Thank First computer build, does this look like a good build? you CPU Intel Core i - K GHz Quad-Core Processor CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper Plus CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler Motherboard Asus P Z -V PRO GEN ATX LGA Motherboard Memory Corsair Vengeance LP GB x GB DDR - Memory Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue TB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive Video Card Sapphire Radeon HD GB Video Card Wired Network Adapter Intel EXPI CTBLK Mbps PCI-Express x Network Adapter Case Cooler Master HAF Advanced ATX Full Tower Case Power Supply Antec Basiq Plus W PLUS Certified ATX V Power Supply Optical Drive Lite-On iHAS - DVD CD Writer Keyboard Lite-On SK- BS Wired Standard Keyboard Total from Newegg nbsp

A:First computer build, does this look like a good build?

The build looks good. I only have one question. Is the on-board LAN (network adapter) not suitable for your needs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-computer-build-does-this-look-like-a-good-build.191395/
Relevancy 33.54%

I seem to be stuck on Windows Insider build 14342 (Version 1511 OS Build 14342.1002). Since this build was installed, I haven't gotten any other insider builds.
Any ideas on how to fix this? I want to avoid having to reinstall if possible.
Is there a way to manually install build 14352, the one that followed the one I'm stuck on?

A:Stuck on Insider build 14342 (Version 1511 OS Build 14342.1002)

Originally Posted by GoghUA I seem to be stuck on Windows Insider build 14342 (Version 1511 OS Build 14342.1002). Since this build was installed, I haven't gotten any other insider builds.
Any ideas on how to fix this? I want to avoid having to reinstall if possible.
Is there a way to manually install build 14352, the one that followed the one I'm stuck on? you can use the ISO files to get the newer version Windows 10 PC Insider preview build 14366 ISO files now available for download | Windows Central

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/430128-stuck-insider-build-14342-version-1511-os-build-14342-1002-a.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Just purchased an X1900XT for $215. Since it is not in stock anymore, I can return it and have it replaced with an X1950XT for an extra $25. Is it worth the hassle?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/worth-it.540931/
Relevancy 33.11%

Is it worth buying 2 more sticks of ram so that my computer will have 4GB of ram as Opposed to 2GB.

A:IS this worth it?

had this answerd Recommended Ram

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/28601-worth.html
Relevancy 33.11%

My specs are:
2.8 ghz Phenom II 920 X4 (OC'd to 3.6 ghz)
4 gigs DDR2 ram
ATI Sapphire Radeon 4830 512 mb 256 bit

I'm running 64 bit Vista Ultimate, and I was thinking of switching back to 32 bit Vista or XP. My question is would there be a huge performance gap as the 32 bit Vista/XP only detects 3.25 gigs of ram.

I'm mainly switching back for programming reasons (Dev++ and Java SDK doesn't work on 64 bit, or at least for me) But I am also thinking of playing a few games.

Thanks.

A:64 bit worth it?

Lack of Dev C++ was a real bummer for me when I switched to x64. Most games require .5 - 1 gb or ram, so you should be fine. Go to Can You Run It? to test your games.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/230760/64-bit-worth-it/
Relevancy 33.11%

I've had most types of hardware over the years but never had an SSD. Considering changing over now but unsure if worth the cost. Would be going with a 1 TB drive, either Samsung, Mushkin, or SanDisk. I have various software that should be able to do the move already so that part shouldn't be an issue.

What are the ups and downs? Is it worth $300?

A:SSD worth it?

In my opinion yes, a SSD is a major improvement. Apps and such are faster loading. I know no downs for having a SSD.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/38409-ssd-worth.html
Relevancy 33.11%

or is there not enough 64 bit software for it? will it run older stuff? advantages vs. caveats??

A:is 64 bit xp worth it?

No, there are too many compatibility issues and there's really no benefit if you're not running 64-bit apps. There could be a security benefit, but you'll need to download all new drivers and it's not worth it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-64-bit-xp-worth-it.696718/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi all,

I am having a hard time making up my mind on whether or not to upgrade to Windows 7. I am currently running Vista Ultimate x64 and was able to obtain a free copy of Windows 7 Professional x64 through my college.

I have seen it run briefly on a few other machines, but I havn't seen anything, at least as far as new features, that really make me feel I need to upgrade. Vista is running fine, but I like to game. If I can see a performance increase, or less overhead, it would be worth it.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcome.

Relevancy 33.11%

Hi my system has a pretty it? SSD's-Are really worth they good boot up time atm with a normal HDD ranging from to secs from quot starting windows quot but i think it's bottlenecking my quadcore i think i can get more out of SSD's-Are they really worth it? my system start up secs all the time and programs like photoshop cs to open allmost instant I have seen all the vids on youtube the intel x m g mostly i am aiming to get the gb version as they are very expensive and this is what i can afford and will pay for a hard drive Questions Because i am only getting an gb normal HDD will be used for data ssd for os and aps will it slow down because it will be about - full when i have put the aps and os on it What do i have to do to keep it's speed i heard of trim Does this work good and how is your ssd overtime Thanks for your advice

A:SSD's-Are they really worth it?

Yup, they're really worth it... Read The SSD Anthology: Understanding SSDs and New Drives from OCZ - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

zzz2496

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/85417-ssds-they-really-worth.html
Relevancy 33.11%

We all want faster computers but is a small technological advance like an SSD really worth going for?
Most people use them for their OS. Is there really that much difference in speed?

A:SSD is it worth it?

Absolutely yes! Its such a big difference I don't think I could ever go back....

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/143240-ssd-worth.html
Relevancy 33.11%

So I have some reallllly old pc parts laying around, and my friend wants to buy them. I have a amd athlon 3200 2.2ghz (socket A), some old socket A motherboard, and a v 6800 agp vid card. Hes offering $60, is all that worth 60, or should I ask for more ???

What would be a reasonable price to sell just the processor and motherboard for ?

Relevancy 33.11%

First my question is: I have a pentium 4 3.0ghz w/HT and i am looking to buy a higher end graphics card such as a nvidia 8800. Do you think my processor is sufficient, or is it not worth buying a card like a high end nvidia 8 series.

If you say it is not worth it, then would you reccomend i upgrade to a Athlon 64 X2 4200+?, or would it still not make much of a difference.

I guess the idea im trying to get at is: Is my CPU going to heavily bottleneck my graphics card causing very lackluster performance in games like cod4, bioschok, lostplanet, and gears of war?

A:Is it worth it?

Your processor is fine. How much system memory are you running? I wouild suggest upping memory to 2GB and buying the 8800

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-it-worth-it.95256/
Relevancy 33.11%

i currently have 32 bit installed on my laptop and on my desktop, they both work fine i have had small problems here and there but nothing that we ( me and the folks here at TSG) haven't been able to fix, the question is should i install the 64 bit on them?, will i see any difference between them ? would be be worth the hassle? please advise thank you.

Relevancy 33.11%

hi all ive recently purchased a alienware desktop with a gts240 card and wondered if its worth adding/sli'ing a 2nd i read somewhere that it would only use 1gb even with the 2 1gb cards in is this right?

spec is i7 920 and currently 3gb of ram but may add more

any help appreciated cheers

A:GTS 240 SLI, is it worth it?

It probably would be argued, ( and won successfully). that you should have bought one GT-460. and been done with it. (That or a comparably priced ATI card). Most hard core gamers are actually advising two of these in SLI. That said. if you can get another 240 at a " fire sale price", you might as well go for it. (You mentioned that this is an Alienware machine, so I realize that you may have been at the mercy of their system integrators).

The net result will probably be better than an 8800GT, a 9800GT, or a single GT 250. I'm just guessing about this, but I don't think it would be as good as a SLI setup, with either an 8800GT or 9800GT.

Hindsight is always 20/20. but my feeling is, if you wanted or needed this much performance, you should have gone with a GT 460 from the start, and then began the process of pining for Santa to bring you another.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gts-240-sli-is-it-worth-it.155168/
Relevancy 33.11%

How much would be PC be worth on Todays Market? (P.s. I dont know where else to post it direct me to the place to post it and ill do it there)
Computer Type - Desktop
Maker - Self made
Model Name - N/A
Central Processing Unit (CPU) - Intel® Core? 2 Duo CPU E8200 @ 2.66 Ghz
Operating System - W7 Ultimate 64 Bit (Does not need to be windows updated)
Windows System Rating - 5.7/6.9
Motherboard - Asus P5k SE
Ram - 4Gb Kingston
Hard drive(s) - 160 Gb SATA
Optical Drivers (i.e. CD-ROM Drives) - 2 x LG DVD ROMs
Power Supply (PSU) - 700w Power Supply
Case - Coolermaster
Number of Case Fans (Not Including PSU Fans) - 2
Video Card - Nvidia Geforce GTX 260
Other Cards - D-Link Wireless G DWA - 510 Desktop Adapter
Keyboard - G15
Mouse - Razor Diamond Back
Speakers - G51 5.1 Surround Sound
Screen Size - 22" Benq LCD Monitor

A:How much would my PC be worth?

Not bad...i'd guess it cost ? $1050 USD initially.
At this point however, i'd pay ? $750.

EDIT: My bad, should have asked when it was purchased and if it was prebuilt.
Still stands at ? $750.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-much-would-my-pc-be-worth.155862/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi i am looking at this laptop and i want to noe if its worth it and if i should get it, in ur opinion.

A Used:
*Toshiba Satellite 2410
*Intel Pentium 4-M
*2.0ghz Processor
*120Gig Hard drive
*15 Inch Screen
*1 Gig RAM
*Dvd Burner
*Win xp
*NVIDIA GeForce4 420 GO Graphics card

All this for $590

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=004&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=140128587568&rd=1&rd=1

A:Is this worth it?

I wouldn't buy a used laptop on a bet! You're likely buying someone else's problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-this-worth-it.587425/
Relevancy 33.11%

I'm buying a new computer. I'm interested in a Windows OS because I don't care for Mac. Anyhow, I've heard that Vista screws up a lot, lots of problems and so on.. so is it even worth it? Should I just get XP instead? Thanks.

Relevancy 33.11%

Hello all! I've just built a new computer (the specs are listed under my profile,will state below as well) and am curious if adding an additional 2gb (to a total of 4x1gb sticks, or 4gb) DDR2 800 would be worth it for gaming?

I'm aware of the benefits in applications such as Photoshop, 3dsMax, and any of the render-intensive applications along those lines. However I haven't heard much from 1st hand experience as to if 4gb gives a noticable performance boost versus 2gb.

Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks

My Desktop PC
CPU: Core 2 Duo E6550 2.33ghz (@ 3.2ghz)
Mobo: ABIT IP35-E
Mem: 2GB (2x1GB) - G.SKILL DDR2 800
Video: XFX 8800GT 256mb (650/1800)
HDD: WD 320GB (SE16 WD3200AAKS)
Sound: Creative X-Fi Platinum / Logitech 5.1

A:4gb RAM - Is it worth it?

A select few games will work better with 4GB of ram such as Supreme Commander & Crysis, the remaining 99% won't run significantly faster.

*edit: it seems Creative drivers have problems with 4GB or more memory*

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/4gb-ram-is-it-worth-it.96953/
Relevancy 33.11%

I am trying to figure out if picking up another GPU to run in SLI is really going to be worth my time and or money SLI Really It? Worth While playing video games I usually run capturing software in the background I usually switch between Fraps and Bandicam When I start SLI Really Worth It? to record in game footage my FPS will usually drop down to the low 's When I am not recording I average - fps My question is if I decide to run another card in SLI will I notice FPS improvements during normal gaming sessions and or when I'm capturing footage By the way I am running at x p resolution Any advice would be appreciated Thanks CPU AMD Phenom II X T Black Edition Thuban GHz GHz Turbo Socket AM CPU Cooler ZALMAN CNPS X Extreme V-Shaped Dual Heatpipe Design w mm Long Life Bearing GPU EVGA GeForce GTX Ti MB GDDR PSU Antec High Current Gamer Series HCG- W MOBO GIGABYTE GA- XA-UD AM AMD MEMORY G SKILL Ripjaws X Series GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR OPTICAL DRIVE SONY Black Blu-ray Burner X BD-R X BD-RE X DVD R X DVD-RAM X BD-ROM SSD Crucial M CT M SSD quot GB SATA HDD Western Digital Caviar Blue WD AAKS TB RPM MB Cache HDD Western Digital Caviar Blue WD AAKS TB RPM MB Cache HDD Western Digital Caviar Blue WD AAKS GB RPM MB Cache WIRELESS ADAPTER ASUS PCE-N Wireless Adapter IEEE b g n FANS MM x MM x MM x DISPLAY HANNSpree quot Class LCD p Hz HDTV

A:SLI Really Worth It?

Depending on the game/SLI profile driver support - yes, you will notice a definite improvement.

There will be a few games here and there that won't benefit that much, or will cause glitches due to lack of game engine/driver support - but for those that are supported your framerate will increase and allow you to potentially run at even higher settings.

SLI (or multiple cards in general) are not glitch free and can cause headaches of their own; but when it works - it works well. If you've already got a 550ti, it would be worthwhile grabbing another one.

As for recording, you should see some improvements in certain titles. Fraps pretty much halves your framerate when recoding as is (as you've noticed) so an increased framerate will also result in smoother recording.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/232981-sli-really-worth.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi folks I m in the process of updating my new build with a couple of bits and I am trying to get my base score in the Windows Experience Index as high as I possibly Are SSD's ? getting worth can in all sections I hope My processor is clocked at Ghz goes to at Ghz Memory is at Graphics is at Gaming Graphics is at And Primary Hard Disk is only Would an SSD set as the primary drive improve on the score amp What size and brand SSD s are the most reliable I think it could Are SSD's worth getting ? reach in out of sections Are SSD's worth getting ? My processor will be overclocked to about Ghz and I will be getting another HD Graphics card in a week or so I have Are SSD's worth getting ? just got a Corsair water cooler but not yet installed it I am also upgrading my PSU to a watt unit so I can run both graphics cards in CrossfireX mode And would an SSD be able to have games installed on it cos they would be super fast Thanx for any and all help in advance nbsp

Relevancy 33.11%

Trojan Remover aids in the removal of Malware - Trojan Horses Worms Adware Spyware - when standard anti-virus software either fails to detect them or fails to effectively eliminate them Standard antivirus programs are good at detecting this Malware but not always so good at effectively removing it Trojan Remover is designed Is Worth Having Not? Or This to work on Windows ME XP Information on compatibility with Windows Vista is here The program is not at present compatible with The majority of Virus and Trojan Scanners are Is This Worth Having Or Not? well able to detect malicious software - Trojan Horses Internet Worms Adware Spyware etc - but are not always very efficient in removing them once they have been triggered Trojan Remover is designed specifically to disable remove Malware without the user having to manually edit system files or the Registry The program also removes the additional system modifications some Malware carries out which are ignored by standard antivirus and trojan scanners Trojan Remover scans ALL the files loaded at boot time for Adware Spyware Remote Access Trojans Internet Worms and other malware Trojan Remover also checks to see if Windows loads Services which are hidden by Rootkit techniques and warn you if it finds any nbsp

A:Is This Worth Having Or Not?

Hi duplicate post.
http://www.techguy.org/rules.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-this-worth-having-or-not.558537/
Relevancy 33.11%

http://cgi.ebay.com/XION-SLi-600W-A...ryZ44949QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

was convinced to look for a new psu, this one seems to meet my demands at a reasonable price. any comments on it?

A:Is this psu worth looking further into?

It is a decent power supply IF you need the Crossfire SLI connection capability. But we need to know more about your motherboard, and what you plan to install... cpu, video graphics devices, etc.
It would not be my choice until I knew whether you are connecting more than one video graphics card, and what cards they are.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-psu-worth-looking-further-into.95945/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi,

Not sure if anyone could advise here.

I'm looking to upgrade my old PC and have been offered the this PC for £200 (specs below). From the look of it, do you think It's worth £200?

xfx nforce 750i sli motherboard - http://xfxforce.com/en-us/features/750imotherboard.aspx
seagate 250 gig 7200 rpm hdd
3 gb of geil 800 mhz ddr2 ultra ram
intel core2duo e6600 (easy overclockable to 3.4 ghz, 3.6 at a push)
tuniq tower cpu cooler - with a speed control on the back
ocz 600w modular psu
gainward nvidia 260 gtx with 896 mb ram - http://www.gainward.com/main/vgapro.php?id=106
sony dvd/rw with lightscribe
nzxt case with 2 x 12cm fans 1 front blue LED and 1 back one
2 x 8cm fans on the side with control knobs on the back.

Regards.

A:Is this PC worth £200?

I think that is high for 6 year old tech. It is near the end of it's life span anyway.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-this-pc-worth-%C2%A3200.1063575/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hey,

a friend told me I should get a ssd in my pc, it will give it a great boost. But my pc is still pretty fast.
I also need to hook it up to the power supply, but in the future I'm planning to get a crossfire 6950 2Gb. So my question is: Is 700w enough for a crossfire 6950 2gb and for a samsung SSD 830 series 128Gb? And if the 700w power supply is enough to handle both is it worth it to get the samsung SSD 830 series 128Gb?
Help is appreciated.

Cheers,

My system specs are:
CPU: Intel Core I7 2600 4 x 3.4GHz
Motherboard: Gigabayte GA-PH67A-D3-B3
Graphics: ATI RADEON HD 6950 2GB GDDR5
Storage: 1TB S-ata2 7200RPM
Case :Cooler master CM 690 II Advanced
Power supply: Ocz 700w stealthxstream
Audio: Asus Xonar dx

A:SSD worth it for my PC?

An SSD will no doubt speed things up considerably. Do some research and make sure you pick the SSD with the technology that you can afford.

Toggle NAND SSDs are the fastest, followed by synchronous NAND SSDs. Asynchronous SSDs are the slowest of the bunch. Prices also follow the trend, with toggle NAND SSDs being the most expensive of the bunch.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ssd-worth-it-for-my-pc.184650/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi everybody This is my first time posting something I always peruse this site for tips and tricks for my old PC BUT two days ago I did a system recovery and then it didn t come back to life So I thought I d get for PC...is new worth please this Looking help. it? a a new pc since this laptop won t cut it for university I d call myself a beginner-intermediate computer user I m looking for a really fast computer I had nightmares with my old slow one that can Counter Strike Source and in the future Starcraft II I m also a music junkie lots of space for that Also I download a lot- bittorent limewire- I always have some sort of downloading thin going on it hogs a lot but really it s going to be for everyday general use for students me n sis Now I know somethings about computers but not a lot of things After hours of shopping I came upon this enticing computer at my BestBuy quot HP M Looking for a new PC...is this worth it? please help. N quot media center tv quot Processor Intel Viiv Core Quad Q Ram GB Graphics nVidia MB GeForce GS Cache MB L Hard drive X GB HD-DVD drive- watching only burnable to regular DVD though Vista Ultimate Bluetooth support TV Tuner Now I m in Canada by the way so the hefty tag comes to Is that too much I heard that the processor is Looking for a new PC...is this worth it? please help. supposed to be pretty good I have no clue what Cache is for I am worried if the graphics card can handle high end games And TV Tuner is that overkill because this thing is going to be camped in my basement The biggest headache so far is choosing between that pc and the more basic quot HP M N quot This one has the same processor but no HD-DVD drive no bluetooth and from what I heard a crappier nvidia le graphics card can that handle future games and its Vista Home Premium This one is cheaper at though I can probably do without Ultimate Vista since I don t really know the difference between the two but I m worried about the graphics since I m planning to go crazy on Starcraft Whichever one I get I also plan to get the inch hp monitor for Looking for a new PC...is this worth it? please help. ish Which one if any of these computers are a good value I don t really trust the Best Buy salesman but at the same time from these specs do you guys think these comps are good Thank you for your time and consideration nbsp

Relevancy 33.11%

one of these Geforce 7800 AGP cards?

With directx 10 and vista just round the corner, how long will it be before Game developers stop making games that support directx 9?

A:Is it worth me getting...

Originally Posted by Beverly89

With directx 10 and vista just round the corner

Vista has been available for the past 14 months and DX10 for the same period. In fact, SP1 for Vista has also been released a few weeks ago. There will come a time when game makers stop making games for older versions of DirectX, but this is no different to what it has always been. If you do want to upgrade to Vista, I would advise you to go for a new system that supports the PCI Express standard for graphics as opposed to the older AGP standard. At the moment, I am using a GeForce 7600GT PCI Express graphics card and, although it doesn't support DX10, it is giving me good enough performance for what I use my machine for. A graphics card update, however, might be on the cards at a later date.
Dwarf

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/146159-worth-me-getting.html
Relevancy 33.11%

My friend thinks that all of his computer problems will go away as soon as he buys an worth it it? Is Alienware computer for He doesn t play any games that require high end computers like Crysis but games that would run fine off a - computer like Counter Strike Guild Wars etc I ve told him that he s wasting his money because he can build a custom computer that could run those games just as good as an Alienware but he refuses to listen and is hell bent on buying the Alienware He also doesn t seem to realize that Internet connection plays a major role in the stability of Is it worth it? his game play He s always complaining that his Internet goes out while playing games and that his parents always have to call their ISP to fix the problem My question is do you think it s overkill to buy an Alienware just to play games like Counter Strike and Guild Wars If you don t think so please tell me why nbsp

Relevancy 33.11%

Hi All,
I am asking again for a friend again, that has 256 mb pc133 double sided ram, already installed in his machine, now he has a choice of buying another 256 mb pc 133 double sided ram for $107 or for an extra $30 he can have the 512 mb.
I have been told that with a pent 3 - 512mb of ram is enough and any extra over 512 mb is really only a waste of money, i would like to hear your opinions.
Thanks for any advise
Tuby

A:over 512 mb ram worth it or not ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuby

Hi All,
I am asking again for a friend again, that has intel pent 3 / speed 733mhz
it has 256 mb pc133 double sided ram, already installed in his machine, now he has a choice of buying another 256 mb pc 133 double sided ram for $107 or for an extra $30 he can have the 512 mb.double sided ram.
I have been told that with a pent 3 - 512mb of ram is enough and any extra over 512 mb is really only a waste of money, i would like to hear your opinions.
Thanks for any advise
Tuby

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/over-512-mb-ram-worth-it-or-not-53866.html
Relevancy 33.11%

CD-RW

Hi there everyone!

I'm thinking of installing a CD-RW drive in my PC but I'm not sure it'll work OK. I have a dinosour of a PC which has a Pentium 155 MHz processor, 64Meg RAM and a 13.5 Gig HDD. The CD-RW drive system requirements are min 166MHz and 128Meg DRAM so mine's not really up to the job.

Thing is I only want to burn some MP3's onto disc so I can listen to them in the car so would I be wasting my money or will I get away with the CD-RW working at a reduced performance.

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 33.11%

Hi ,

Wanting to sell my computer, but not sure what it would be worth?

Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L (rev. 1.3
CPU Q9550
Hitachi 1TB HD
Zotac GTX260
6 GIG RAM Performance cost ?150
Nice full Tower Cases
650 PSU 5 months old, forgot brand but cost ?40

Would it be better sold as a Unit or
separate parts.

computer is about 1.5 years old.

So whats it worth guys.

A:How Much Is My PC Worth

Ps just to let you know if you sell ur pc. They can see ur files etc.
I would let you know just to keep u on the safe side

Wide down ur pc with a new installtion of windows. Clean copy of windows. Makes it as new as you got it from the box.

Its really up to you. you can sell it altogether for $500

Or just to box $150 - $250

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-much-is-my-pc-worth-649647.html
Relevancy 33.11%

I am thinking about putting the following PC together. I am need to add the Video card and DVD+/-R and I am already over $400. So I want to know if this is worth it. I am not a gamer.

ASPIRE X-Dreamer II ATXB4KLW-BK Black Steel
ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 420W Power Supply - Retail $54.99

ASUS A8N-VM CSM Socket 939 NVIDIA GeForce 6150
Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail $82.00

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Value SB0400 8 (7.1) Channels
PCI Interface Sound Card - OEM $45.00

CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR
SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel
Kit System Memory Model VS1GBKIT400 - Retail $81.00

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor
Model ADA3000BPBOX - Retail $155.00

All imput would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 33.11%

Is it worth the trouble to oc ? I mean I have a 2500 with 333fsb. I read everwhere that people are oc to 400 fsb. I have all the equipment to do it board ram etc, but can you you really notice a difference or is just a benchmark thing ?

A:Is is worth it to oc

If the Processor and the rest of your setup are giving you the performance you need then don't bother......but people are reaving about the 2500 Barton chips being excellent overclockers.........so you could gradually crank it up to give an idea of what you can get out of it so as those new games come along you can see what cycles you can get out of the CPU.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-is-worth-it-to-oc.161408/
Relevancy 33.11%

I have an old pc:
[email protected],
512sdram,
40 g HDD
32mb DDR nvidia

Will I get a noticeable improvement in gamespeed if I upgrade the Graphics card with a 50 quid one?

Relevancy 33.11%

Would it be worth it? to buy a new 22" monitor instead of my 19",
i use my 19" monitor only for gaming purpose ,because i have a 32" HD LCD and i use it for
watching films.

A:Would it be worth it?

What resolution are you currently gaming at? Do you plan on going to a higher resolution? Can your video card handle the proposed upgrade? If you need to upgrade your video card will you need a new power supply?

Think those are the basic questions. Whether or not it's worth it is really a rather subjective question. Think I would save for a while and go with something in the 24" range. Do you have the option of connecting to your 32" LCD TV?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/would-it-be-worth-it.173983/
Relevancy 33.11%

I'm thinking of getting the one way satellite Internet dish since I'm stuck with dial up. The main use of my computer however isn't just downloading I play many online games. I have a ping around 220-320 depending on the server and how many players ect. Does anyone know how much this would be reduced? I figure that joining servers with more players wouldn't raise my ping as much since you only receive more packets and send the same.

Also any recommendations on a good setup/company would be much appreciated.

Relevancy 33.11%

Is it really worth it to put 2GB DDR2 533 PC4200 (2 X 1 GB) on a P4 3.2Ghz with an 160GB SATA system? or is it more effective to put 2GB over 4 X 512MB, (the max of the mobo is 4GB) so if i wanted to upgrade later id not want to waste money and just get the 2 1GB now, but is it really worth it or is it a better idea to get 2 X 512MB?

A:Is it really worth it?

What do you need 2gbs of ram for?

Are you planning on doing some serious gaming or running many applications at the same time. I would think 1GB ram is fine for a P4. Im sure 2GB couldn't hurt but you can always add later right? I only have 512MB ram on my AMD Athlon XP and it runs fast and great. Hope that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-it-really-worth-it.28803/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hello i have got a pentium 3 processor that you plug in its not a chip i dont know how much mhz or ghz because i dont have a slot to put it in what do you think i should sell it for?

A:How much is this worth?

Surely it has numbers or something stamped on it somewhere. You could google those to find the MHz. It sounds like you have a slot 1 processor, and you could always check out eBay for similar products.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-much-is-this-worth.368357/
Relevancy 33.11%

im thinking of selling my own made pc on ebay but dont know how much to start at. these are my specs:
amd athlon 2000
onboard gfx sound lan
256 ram
60 gig hdd floppy drive
memory card reader
600watt power supply (i doubt it actually is)
agp 8x
cdrom
windows xp
not great but works ok

A:how much is my pc worth

Considering that computer can be built brand new for a little over $200 I wouldn't expect to pay more than $100 for it.
Maybe $120 but that's pushing it.
Who knows, you could find some guy on ebay who doesn't know much about computers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-much-is-my-pc-worth.265854/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi,

I'm a student and as you'd imagine cash can be a little tight :angel:

Anyways I was thinking of upgrading my aging Saphire (9700 - non pro) to a 6800 GT 256mb.

My current specs are:
2400 XP
Nv7-133r (so it has to be AGP)
1 gig of generic ram

am I likely to see a big jump in games like bf2 with this card? this could be a stupid quest. Anways many thanks to anyone who looks at this thread

Andy

A:Would it be worth my while?

It'd be faster, but I can't say how much. It'd be noticeable I'd guess.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/would-it-be-worth-my-while.32552/
Relevancy 33.11%

ii dont kno much about computers but i still want to buy a good one and not get ripped off... it is a dell XPS 4oo

-Pentium® D Processor 930 with Dual Core Technology (3GHz, 800FSB)

-256MB PCI Express? x16 (DVI/VGA/TV-out) nVidia GeForce 6800

-2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz- 2DIMMs

-320GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/ 16MB cache

-Dual Drives: 16x DVD-ROM Drive + 16x DVD+/-RW w/dbl layer write capability

-Sound Blaster® X-Fi? XtremeMusic (D), w/Dolby® Digital 5.1

-19 inch Ultrasharp? 1907FP Digital Flat Panel

overall with other little feat. it came out to be $$1,570... what do u guys think... is the pc alright for the price??? BTW im not an extreme gamer or anything like that i just want a fast computer that i can play cs in. lol

A:Xps 400 Do Think This Is Worth It?!?!?!?

I cant recommend buyin a Dell. Look at Alienware :www.alienware.com or Falcon http://www.falcon-nw.com/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xps-400-do-think-this-is-worth-it.52410/
Relevancy 33.11%

Is it worth getting an AMD 64 bit now? I'm looking to upgrade, and I'm thinking an AMD 64 pin754 3200+, but surely there isn't any 64-bit software out...

Another thing: I've no idea about which motherboard. Can anybody recommend me one for the above mentioned CPU, below £100 (if that's possible - i don't know anything about amd64 mboard prices...:/ ).

Thanks tecchies .

[edit] Also - what's the deal with registered RAM and the above mentioned CPU? Should I get a gig? I was thinking maybe 512 now and 512 again a bit later.

Relevancy 33.11%

What do you guys think I can get for this?
P4 2.4b
Msi 645e max-u
400w evotec aluminum powersupply
30 gig Maxtor
Radeon 7000
512 of 3200 kingston
with a case
XP pro installed
Lg burner
Canadian dollars, thanks all

A:How much is this worth??

The processor is decent for a budget chip but the mobo, PWS, hard drive and vid card are below par. Decent RAM and the XP Pro is a plus especially if it's legal and you have the CD & certificate. You don't say what case or burner speeds. I'd take a guess at around $300.00 US but you may get more from a user who just want's a steady machine for surfing, etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-much-is-this-worth.341278/
Relevancy 33.11%

I have a hp a500n and I am going to put an additional 512 megs of ram in from crucial for a total of 1 gig. They are hawking their "balistix" high performance ram for about double the price and I am wondering if I would see a noticeable difference if I spent the extra amount of money on the high performance ram.

I don't do any gaming but I would like to see my apps open faster and see the pc boot up quicker......

Relevancy 33.11%

Are these cards worth getting right now. I was thinking of upgrading to 7950gx2, I hear there are a lot of problems with dx10 or at least all the bugs arent out yet. From what I read the 7950gx2 isnt too far behind the g80 cards and I wouldnt be suprised if the 9 series cards hit late second quarter

A:g80 is it worth it?

Take a look here:

http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=256&type=expert

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/g80-is-it-worth-it.72020/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hello Guys,
Im not sure if this is in the right section but anyways ive got a Acer Aspire 4310 which WIndows Vista installed. It needs a new battery and RAM and i am wishing to sell my laptop so the buyer buys the stuff needed because i am willing to buy an Sony Vaio C Series. It cant turn on cause the battery is buggered.

So is it worth selling it?
Im in NZ so yeah.

Thanks For Your Time,

SHAUN BOWERS

A:Is it Worth It?

Welcome
In todays world, I would not sell it the way that you mentioned. There is probably a lot of sentsitive information in that computer, your bank password, your email accounts etc. We dont want to take a chance of a stranger, up to no good, getting that information. Getting the information would be easy, just put the hard drive in another computer.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/291453-worth.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Hello, this is my first post here at Vista Forums. Before I begin let me post my specs.

CPU: Intel Quad Core 2.66GHz
RAM: 4GB Dual Channel
GPU: eVGA 280gtx
MoBo: eVGA 750i
PS: 750watt
HD: Western Digital Raptor 140gb 10k RPM

I was wondering if you guys think it would be wise to run an additional 280gtx? It seems like it wouldn't be with how fast new graphics cards are being churned out. Thanks in advance.

-devo420

A:Is SLI worth it?

Hello devo420,
You will probably get a lot of answers to this question, probably all different.
I would have to say, with DX 11 around the corner i would wait and see.
Good luck and let us know what you decide.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/241176-sli-worth.html
Relevancy 33.11%

My pc has a x86 Family 6 Model 10 Stepping 0 AuthenticAMD ~2100 Mhz processor and 512MB RAM. Is it worth it to add RAM without a new processor? If not, is it worth adding both to upgrade my pc's ability to run new programs? (I.e. games.)

Eric M

Relevancy 33.11%

ok i'm being a pest again but i'm stumped and way too chicken to mess with too much in it? it REALLY worth is the puter i ran avg and it came up with virus indentified infected imbedded and said they were located in the following it is REALLY worth it? places among others when i asked for it is REALLY worth it? details it gave me the virus encyclopedia but couldn't seem to remove them or i'm not using it correctly which is far more likely either way that damn search is back i do find it interesting however that it sent me to sun java after that little episode with notepad i wish there were a way to make a log that i could paste here of the avg test results it has quot identified quot viruses In addition to these listed it also says there's a trojan in windows syste bi exe biprep exe when i clicked on the bi file avg screamed virus detected after checking the properties i found the file was created this last july i asked avg to delete since when i tried to simply delete it i was denied access safe boot it said file deleted but when i went back to check it was still there anyway here's the other places an hjt log follows i know i owe the whole damn hjt team chocolate chip cookies at the VERY least thanx guys you're the GREATEST C Documents and Settings damgud Application Data Sun Java Deployment cache javapiC Documents and Settings damgud Application Data Sun Java Deployment cache javapi v file there are EASILY files in here not one newer than sept C Documents and Settings damgud Application Data Sun Java Deployment cache javapi v jarLogfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXEC Program Files Java j re bin jusched exeC WINDOWS System ezSP Px exeC WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S I K EXEC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Survey Alerts Manager skinkers exeC Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC WINDOWS mmups exeC WINDOWS suploads exec windows ax exeC WINDOWS system prutcct exeC WINDOWS system prutcct exeC WINDOWS mmwork exeC DAILYA avgupsvc exeC DAILYA avgamsvr exeC daily anit virus avgcc exeC daily anit virus avgemc exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeE hijack this HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net home htmlR - URLSearchHook no name - CA E FA- AFD- C -A DC- EB BE F - C Program Files SurfSideKick SskBho dllO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO CControl Object - ABC - BF- B -B -F DB C FD - C Program Files E G IeBHOs dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS System NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXEO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exeO - HKLM Run VTPreset VTPreset exeO - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files K-Lite Codec Pack real Update OB realsched exe quot -osbootO - HKLM Run ezShieldProtector for Px C WINDOWS System ezSP Px exeO - HKLM Run EPSON Stylus Photo RX C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S I K EXE P quot EPSON Stylus Photo RX quot O quot USB quot M quot Stylus Photo RX quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run AVG CC C DAILYA avgcc exe STARTUPO - HKLM Run AVG EMC C DAILYA avgemc exeO - HKLM Run ax c windows ax exeO - HKLM Run mediamotor exe C WINDOWS mmups ... Read more

A:it is REALLY worth it?

Click on start, settings, control panel and double-click on add/remove programs. From with add/remove program uninstall the following if they exist:SurfSideKickPrint out these instructions and then close all windows including Internet Explorer.Then I want you to fix some of those entries. Please do the following:Please make sure that you can view all hidden files. Instructions on how to do this can be found here:How to see hidden files in WindowsRun Hijackthis again, click scan, and Put a checkmark next to each of these. Then click the Fix button:R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {CA0E28FA-1AFD-4C21-A8DC-70EB5BE2F076} - C:\Program Files\SurfSideKick 2\SskBho.dllO2 - BHO: CControl Object - {3643ABC2-21BF-46B9-B230-F247DB0C6FD6} - C:\Program Files\E2G\IeBHOs.dllO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [180ax] c:\windows\180ax.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mediamotor.exe] C:\WINDOWS\mmups.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [loads.exe] C:\WINDOWS\suploads.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vgdcd] C:\WINDOWS\vgdcd.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SurfSideKick 2] C:\Program Files\SurfSideKick 2\Ssk.exeO4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SurfSideKick 2] C:\Program Files\SurfSideKick 2\Ssk.exeO4 - HKCU\..\Run: [prutcct] C:\WINDOWS\system32\prutcct.exeO6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions presentO6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel presentReboot your computer into Safe ModeThen delete these files or directories (Do not be concerned if they do not exist)C:\Program Files\SurfSideKick 2\C:\Program Files\E2G\c:\windows\180ax.exeC:\WINDOWS\mmups.exeC:\WINDOWS\suploads.exeC:\WINDOWS\vgdcd.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\prutcct.exeReboot your computer to go back to normal mode and post a new log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/7079/it-is-really-worth-it/
Relevancy 33.11%

I'm looking to sell my PC but I'm not quite sure what to ask for it. Could someone help me?

Specs:
Athlon 4000+ 2.4Ghz Single Core
Nvidea 7800GT 256MB Video Card
120GB Hard Drive
1GB PC4200 Memory (1x 1GB)
500Watt PSU
DVD Burner
Aspire X-Navigator Case

Everything works perfect with no problems. Also comes with backlight keybard and wireless mouse.

I forget what mobo I have but I know it's good, with things like SLI support and SATA ports.

Thanks for reading and hopfully for your help!

Relevancy 33.11%

My first post-pls forgive it it is in the wrong forum I have a Gateway GT Yes it is a bit old Question Is it worth upgrading or should I just buy a new tower AMD Phenom bit Quad Core Prcessor NVIDIA GeForce SE chipset GB DDR memory can go to GB GB SATA II hard drive can add another hard drive watt power supply NVIDIA GForce SE Video Card Vista Home Premium Bit It came with one video monitor port What I really want is to run two monitors at least one DVI and maybe increase the RAM My son likes minecraft I run normal wp programs and Adobe programs such as InDesign Illustrator Photoshop etc My husband loaded all of our CD s K songs into iTunes but keeps it on a removable hard drive Is a computer this old worth paying for a video card power supply and RAM upgrade or should I just cut bait and go for something new I use it - hours a day for it Is it? worth both work school and graphics My son is on it the rest of the time for Minecraft Recently loaded the Aether for him I could probably budget - for a Is it worth it? new tower and I am a sucker for fast processing when I can get it So sorry if this is Is it worth it? not an appropriate question for you guys just don t know who else to ask Thank you so much for any help advice suggestions for a new tower I will send homemade Is it worth it? cookies R nbsp

Relevancy 33.11%

I have just built myself a new rig, see system info
<-

I am currently running Windows XP Pro 64 BIT but am having difficulty obtaining drivers that will work with some of my hardware (printers/scanners etc).
My question is really what difference would it make if I was to revert back to the old XP pro (32 - bit)?
I am only currently running 2GB of RAM so no issues with the OS not recognising it but would I notice any difference performance wise?

A:Is XP pro 64-bit worth it?

You will hardly see any difference except if you make extensive use of some applications, generally professional applications, that are customized to work better on XP 64bits.

On the other hand you'll have less compatibility issues with XP 32bits if you're a regular user, and some apps will simply not work correctly on the 64bits version.

If you're not in any kind of cpu intensive apps, like video encoding or 3D studio apps for instance, go with 32bits. You can find lots of benchmarks or general conversations about this if you search XP32 vs XP64 in google, that should give you an idea of the difference in performances.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/is-xp-pro-64-bit-worth-it-164307.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Ok so I just purchased these items from newegg to build a new machine CPU AMD A X AM x K R - Retail Qty Price DVD BURN SAMSUNG SH-S D RAM BK - OEM Qty Price MB Is it? X64 worth GIGA GA-M SLI-S NF SLI AM - Retail Qty Price CASE COOLERMAS CAC-T -WW BK SL RT - Retail Qty Price VGA EVGA GF GT -P -N -AR - Retail Qty Price PSU ROSEWILL RD - DC-SL W RT - Retail Qty Price MEM Gx CORSAIR TWIN X - R - Retail Qty Price HD G SAMSN K M SATA SP C - OEM Qty Price CPU COOLER ZALMAN CNPS AM RTL - Retail Qty Price Is it worth installing windows X Is X64 worth it? on this machine I have heard that there Is X64 worth it? is a lot of compatibility issues with games which is the main reason I purchased this machine I play a lot of BF F e a r and Oblivion any suggestions would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 33.11%

I m going to college next year and my parents are purchasing me a laptop for it it? worth Is my graduation present I was looking at WidowPC laptops and all the reviews on them Sting D One that I would likely purchase is about Is it worth it? and claims to get a score of on dMark Specs Intel Core Duo T GHz gb mhz DDR Seagate gb rpm HD nVIDIA GeForce Go GTX MB quot x WSXGA LCD My present computer at my home that I have built includes Specs Athlon Ghz gb DDR gb rpm Asus X XT and I am getting a score of on dmark Would it really be worth it to purchase this laptop for that price I figured when I d pay that kinda money and wiht it having the newest in gpu technology itd be scoring way higher then my custom build computer Do you think this is a correct score and it would run games perfectly or should I look elsewhere for a laptop Suggestions please P S I m thinking the bottlenecking is taking place with the CPU ghz doesnt seem like alot of power to me nbsp

Relevancy 33.11%

Im gonna order my new computer soon but im just wondering

Is socket AM2 Procs worth buying over 939

and if I buy a AM2 socket is DDR2 All that much better then pc3200?

Im looking at this computer being gaming perpouses olny!!

Relevancy 33.11%

My company is auctioning a bunch of used PC's and I was wandering if anyone out there could give me there opinion on how much one is worth.
266 PII 64M RAM 2G HD
166 PI 2G HD
133 PI 2G HD

They have all drives (cd, floppy, etc.)
but no sound card and no modem...........

A:What is a used PC worth $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-is-a-used-pc-worth.44447/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi,

I have built a custom computer in the last 4 months and now I want to sell it on ebay but I need an idea of how much it is worth.

specs:

motherboard-asus p5gd2-x

cpu-intel pentium 4, 3.0Ghz 630

memory-1 gig wintec 512mbx2 pc4200 533MHz DDR2

hard drive-seagate 250gb 7200rpm

dvd/cd burner-sony ru-810a

video card-evga nvidia geforce 6800 xt 256mb pci-express

case and power supply-xblade black/silver atx mid tower with 450w ps

operating system-microsoft windows xp professional x64 edition

audio-onboard 7 channel C-media high-definition audio

A:What is my pc worth?

I'll start the bidding....50 bucks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/what-is-my-pc-worth-102572.html
Relevancy 33.11%

I'm currently running a triple core AMD Black Phenom processor OC'd @ 3.0GHz, would it be worth it/would I see a noticeable performance increase if I upgraded to a Black Edition Quad Core Phenom @ 3.0GHz?

Thanks.

A:Is it worth it?

try tightening the timings on your memory. i had mine at 7-7-8-21 before. i got them to the 5-5-5-15 (recommended settings) and i got a 20fps+ boost in far cry 2 and some minor performance gain in crysis warhead (then again, warhead is optimized for nvidia and it will bring any system to its knees... =(

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/257039-worth.html
Relevancy 33.11%

I have a bit of a question Im upgrading right now to DDR worth it?¿? a XP and purchased MBs of pc to go with that DDR worth it?¿? It cost me MB of DDR is DDR worth it?¿? x that cost but how will it affect my performance Like a great deal to where its notice able when using my PC or a fair bit where I ll get FPS than using my PC I never really thought DDR was worth it DDR worth it?¿? just because its x as much when buying a MB stick and x as much when buying a MB stick It just doesnt seem like the memory clock being x faster is really going to help its ram not a CPU I know it plays a key part to diliver data to the cpu but still would pc be just fine Im starting to regret getting the mb pc and thinking I should have got MB DDR for more lt PS gt This is my th Post nbsp

A:DDR worth it?¿?

I didn't upgrade to DDR until late november this year for the same reasons you state...
But now that I've upgraded I've noticed quite the difference... Not just in games, but in windows too...
It "feels" more responsive...

If I were you, I'd go for 256mb DDR now, and get another 256mb later...

.02$

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ddr-worth-it-%C2%BF.3663/
Relevancy 33.11%

As one of my plans didn t go well and things changing i thought i d just buy a new PC so i will do but i found this one strangely it has an odd price this is it s specs CPU INTEL CORE I - GHz - MB CPU Cooler AKASA AK- X CPU COOLER RAM GB DDR Kingston single module x Hard Drive GB SATA Hard Drive Motherboard ASUS P P -M PRO REV P B - x DIMM Max GB DDR O C - SATA this getting? Is PC Worth XFIRE SLI GPU x ATI HD MB PCI Express DDR DVI Case Elite Black - Silver Midi Case No Psu RC- -KKN -GP PSU CORSAIR CMPSU- TXUK DVD -RW DVD - RW - X Pioneer DVR-S LBK Sound Card Integrated Sound Card Is this PC Worth getting? Monitor Speakers Intergrated Monitor Speakers Payment option Standard England amp Wales Shipping Payment by PayPal Surcharge Now all this rounds up to Pretty strange huh Should i trust this site If you wanna check these people out this is their main site http www cougar-extreme co uk If they are not scamming me then what can this PC do for me Im not much into overclocking but i am wanting to game like ARMA and maybe crysis nbsp

A:Is this PC Worth getting?

You haven't stated the OS. Check that you're getting Win 7 installed on this rig. Also If you're getting 2x8GB sticks can I suggest getting 4x4gb sticks instead since it's cheaper that way. It actually seems slightly more expensive than I'd pay for a similar build I'd probably pay £650 for a similar build. I think the extra 50 is because of the RAM though. If it comes with windows 7 I'd say it's about right on the price. If not then you're getting ripped off and should avoid them.

Ohh as for what can it do for you. You'll definitely be able to play pretty much all games on high settings with decent FPS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-this-pc-worth-getting.1008750/