Windows Support Forum

Is this build worth it?

Q: Is this build worth it?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/FWD2TW

all the parts etc will they last ? I wont be doing hardcore like using it all the time but I do want top of the line stuff. I don't mind prices at all. I like to pay for stuff thats worth it.

What could I edit in this build to to make it either better bang for its buck and better for performance?

I want to play all games at ultra and I want to be able to not upgrade anything for a couple years or so.
I mainly will be playing old games like modding GTA IV etc...

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Is this build worth it?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Is this build worth it?

Surprised no one has responded to this yet.
Without knowing what games you might eventually get, its hard to build a computer that can play "ultra" setting. Games being released now are requiring better (if not top of the line - depending on the game) components.
If you were to use the existing setup that you have linked, I would suggest changing a couple things:
The RAM is rated at 1.6V and the motherboard is 1.5V. This is a small issue, but you should try to make sure that it is the same voltage. Makes for less "headaches" while trying to setup the computer. I would also suggest with the RAM - go 16GB (2x8GB) instead of 8GB (2x4GB). 8GB is the norm for gaming now, but who knows in the future. Better to get it now and out of the way, if you can afford it.
I would suggest getting a 800W (or higher) Power Supply instead of the 600W you have listed. This way "if" you do decide to get a different (or add a second) video card, you will have plenty of power to supply to it.
Last thing is you did not include a case to house all of these parts. I would suggest something that has "breathing" room. Get a case that you can add in a couple case fans to create proper air circulation and help eliminate heat buildup.
This is all just my opinion though, so take it as you want. But if you really want to "future proof" as much as possible, my suggestions would help a good deal with doing so.
Let us know what you end up deciding and ultimately come out with when (and if) you build this computer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-build-worth-it.207207/
Relevancy 23.65%

Lenovo's VP of Design, David Hill, wants to create a new ThinkPad laptop that is heavily inspired by the old-school designs of popular ThinkPad laptops from the IBM era, stretching as far back as 1992.

Read more

A:Lenovo design chief wants to build a retro-styled ThinkPad laptop

I used to use one of those old IBM Thinkpad laptops at around that time and I thought it was the coolest thing ever even if it was terribly slow, weighed almost a ton, had a crappy pixelated display (~2ppi it seemed) and was about a metre thick. I loved it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lenovo-design-chief-wants-to-build-a-retro-styled-thinkpad-laptop.215825/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello TS! I have come here today because I am looking for feedback on a budget build for my friend. His price range is preferably $600-700 but he can go as high as $800ish. This is what I have put together so far: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9R7gcf

I originally went with a 250GB SSD and 8GB of RAM but he thought it was too little (I was thinking external HDD+250GB). Also what is the consensus here about an i3 versus the 860K? I am thinking the quad core is better over the dual core. Also, should the cost savings from the above questions be translated to a better GPU? Finally, I read online that a 450W PSU wasn't gonna cut it so I upped it to a 750W (same price as 650W after rebate)?

Thanks for the help in advance!

He will be primarily playing DOTA 2 (eSports) and CS:GO (leisure).

Edit/Note: I will also be posting this on Tom's Hardware to get as many opinions as possible, so don't be offended D) if you see it on there!

A:Feedback on build for a friend

First I have built a nice system using that board; it was great to work with. Newegg.com has this motherboard and that cpu as a special combo for $133.00.

Second, if that is all he is doing with his system that AMD cpu will do him just fine. i3 is an Intel cpu and when using Intel the unwritten rule is that the i5 quad core is the sweet spot for gaming. But, again, that AMD is quite fine.

Why 16 gigs of RAM? If he was doing video rendering or using intense graphic software I could see it but 8 gigs is very good for gaming. Save money and get only 8 gigs.

Corsair makes great power supplies; good choice.

I really don't know that gpu but from the specs and for what he is doing, again, it will do everything he needs.

I don't know that case. With that motherboard I used the Cooler Master HAF 912. Good room, well built, and plenty of air flow especially with an AMD because they can run hot. You may want to get some extra case fans. Also, perhaps an aftermarket cooler.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/feedback-on-build-for-a-friend.215526/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi All I m planning to build my first ever desktop since my laptop is already having problems and I think it s going to die soon I m going to use the computer mainly for doing D digital artworks editing videos as well as playing games specifically MMORPGs and some like PC First Overclocking) (NO Advice Need Build Gaming Alice Madness amp Skyrim I ll be playing the heavier games on the console so no need to have a monster pc I just First Gaming PC Build Need Advice (NO Overclocking) want something that would accommodate my main use and last First Gaming PC Build Need Advice (NO Overclocking) me a while before I would have the need to upgrade again I also have a budget that I have to stick to I live in the Philippines so it will be Php - Php in USD I think it would be around - As stated above I won t be doing any overclocking whatsoever Here are the specifications of the build I was planning CPU Intel Core i - Processor M Cache up to GHz Motherboard Asus H -PRO GAMER VideoCard EVGA GeForce GTX Ti Superclocked Memory Vengeance Low Profile GB Dual Channel DDR Memory Kit CML GX M A C Storage Samsung GB EVO quot SATA SSD Storage Western Digital Caviar Black TB quot RPM Power Supply Seasonic X W Gold CPU Cooler Cooler Master Seidon V Hybrid Optical Drive ASUS D ST BLACK X SATA Case Obsidian Series D Mid-Tower PC Case Case Fan Scythe Kaze Jyuni PWM mm rpm CFM x Since this is a first opinions are greatly appreciated I m open for First Gaming PC Build Need Advice (NO Overclocking) suggestions if you think there are better parts that should replace the ones listed It would also be very nice if it would be cheaper without losing the performance and quality Thanks in advance nbsp

A:First Gaming PC Build Need Advice (NO Overclocking)

Thorah said:

Hi All,

I'm planning to build my first ever desktop since my laptop is already having problems and I think it's going to die soon...

I'm going to use the computer mainly for doing 2D digital artworks, editing videos as well as playing games, specifically MMORPGs and some like Alice Madness & Skyrim.
I'll be playing the heavier games on the console so no need to have a monster pc.
I just want something that would accommodate my main use and last me a while before I would have the need to upgrade again.

I also have a budget that I have to stick to. I live in the Philippines so it will be Php 50,000 - Php 55,000 , in USD I think it would be around $ 1000 - $ 1200.

As stated above, I won't be doing any overclocking whatsoever.

Here are the specifications of the build I was planning.

CPU: Intel® Core? i5-4690 Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.90 GHz)
Motherboard: Asus H97-PRO GAMER
VideoCard: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti Superclocked
Memory: Vengeance® Low Profile ? 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory Kit (CML8GX3M2A1600C9)
Storage: Samsung 120 GB 840 EVO 2.5" SATA SSD
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM
Power Supply: Seasonic X650 650W 80+ Gold
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V Hybrid
Optical Drive: ASUS24D3ST BLACK 24X SATA
Case: Obsidian Series® 450D Mid-Tower PC Case
Case Fan: Scythe Kaze Jyuni PWM 120mm, 1300rpm, 74CFM (x3)

Since this is a first, opinions are greatly appreciated. I'm open for suggestions if you think there are better parts that should replace the ones listed. It would also be very nice if it would be cheaper without losing the performance and quality.

Thanks in advance!Click to expand...

What programs do you specifically use for video editing and such?

Also a couple of notes:
1: That PSU is a bit overkill for that build or most builds. I would suggest a Gold Rated 550Watt as being a cheaper better option for you.
2: Save a couple of bucks and grab a Western Digital Blue 1tb HDD or a Seagate Barracuda 1tb HDD. WD Black HDD's are awesome but generally they are a bit more for not much of a difference overall.

Can you link the site from which you are ordering your parts from?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-gaming-pc-build-need-advice-no-overclocking.210692/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi guys I m planning to build my first ever gaming PC I do not know that much about specs and all of that The computer is going to be need first PC for advice build ever my I used for indie games like The Escapists Gmod KSP Pixel Piracy etc heavy games like Skyrim Tomb Raider The Witcher etc and also games like Lichdom Battlemage and Hearthstone It has to be able to play the heaviest games at a consistently high framerate at least - I also own a PS which will be used to play games that are consolebased like ACU horrible game BTW and console exclusive games like Bloodborne Since this is my first ever PC build I want it to last long I won t be doing any overclocking it scares me Therefore I will also be able to pay about I don t know about this pricetag because I don t know how the US taxes and Denmark where I m from has a very large tax I will also be able to pay more than this but I seems right Here are the components that I was planning to use Can you give me some feedback Are there any of these things that won t fit together is I need advice for my first ever PC build something overkill underkill I won t I need advice for my first ever PC build pay for a high end GPU if I have a low end CPU Things have to fit together CPU Intel Core i - Processor M Cache up to GHz GPU GTX Gaming G - MSi MotherBoard Z Gaming - MSi I know nothing about motherboards Memory HyperX Fury Black Series GB x GB Again I know nothing about RAM Storage SAMSUNG EVO MZ- E B AM quot GB SATA III Storage Seagate Barracuda ST DM TB RPM Power Cooler Master G M Would this be enough or would it be overkill CPU Cooler Stock Once again I don t know if this is enough but I am not going to OC sooo Would liquid cooling make sense or should I invest in a stronger cooling unit DVD writer ASUS DVD-Writer Black SATA Model DRW- F ST Case Cooler Master HAF Advanced A case has to be stylish This looks okay and there seems to be room for everything Do I have to buy better fans or are the stock ones good enough Please give me some feedback I really need it to be confident with my PC build If I don t get to know more about this I will have to buy a pre-build PC from another pro company nbsp

A:I need advice for my first ever PC build

Hi. First, I am not sure you are aware of it but right now Newegg.com has a three combo special that includes your processor, motherboard, and memory that will save you $42.00. So you can rest assured what you listed with those items will work well.

1. The i5 is considered by many to be the sweet-spot for gaming. Good choice.
2. HyperX memory is made by Kingston and they manufacture excellent RAM and have for years.
3. That motherboard is a BEAST. Do you need everything/will you utilize everything that it offers?
4. I would just get a stronger cooling unit.
5. Check out Western Digital's Black series for hard drives in the 7200 rpm models.
6. Couldn't say about the psu; I usually use the Corsair line. Whatever you choose seriously consider either the Gold or Plantinum Plus certification. 650 watts of power would probably do you but research how much power that video card demands and what the manufacture recommends.

As for the case, the last four systems I have built have all been encased in the Cooler Master HAF series. I absolutely love them for air flow and build quality but make sure that you purchase a an additional side fan and top fan for greater air flow. Here is a good rule to keep in mind: Between the inflow of air or its exhaust, exhaust is the more important. I would get a 120mm size fan for the side and blow in and a 140mm side for the top as exhaust.

I want to suggest that you seriously consider getting the bigger brother of the 912. I found that the 912 is excellent for the micro-ITX boards but for me personally it seems a little cramped for the standard ATX boards -- though I have done it without issue. Look at the HAF 922 which is a mid-tower but with tons of room; I have one for my main rig. There is the full tower 932 but that is probably overkill.

Hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-advice-for-my-first-ever-pc-build.213776/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi, Guys (And Gals) I'm attempting my 1st PC build and HAVE used the various online power supply calculators... however I'd like to hear some feedback from you all. No matter where I look online I always like to come here to be sure. My specs for the build are as follows:

MoBo: GIGABYTE GA-F2A68HM-H FM2+ USB 3.0 MATX
Amd A6 5400K 3600Mhz Blk Edt 1mb 65w Socket FM2

Video Card: XFX RADEON R7 240 2GB DDR3 LOW PROFILE
RAM: ADATA XPG V1 DDR3 1600 4GB

HDD: Seagate 1TB Serial ATA HD 7200/64MB/SATA-6G

I would really like to use one of the 350W or 400W power supply I stripped from my previous PC's. I'm thinking of hooking it to an HDMI or VGA projector eventually though (Haven't bought it yet) Can I get away with one of these and play a game like World of Warcraft? or do I need to order something like the
SolidGear 650W PS2 ATX Power Supply on Tiger Direct?

Thanks in advance for any advice & thoughts

A:1st Build Power Supply Question

Over engineer the PS;

Calculate the actual needed power,

add a fudge factor and

multiply by 1.5.
Then round up to the next commonly available size

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1st-build-power-supply-question.213326/
Relevancy 24.94%

Is this a good build to play newer shooter games and games like the witcher 3
Any recommendations for better parts this will cost $473 is budget is 500

Compatibility Check: No issues/incompatibilities found
CPU
AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor
$96.93 $96.93 OutletPC
Buy
CPU Cooler
Cooler Master RR-HT2-28PK-R1 54.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
$15.99 $15.99 SuperBiiz
Buy
Motherboard
MSI 760GMA-P34(FX) Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard
$54.99 -$10.00 $44.99 Micro Center
Buy
$10.00 mail-in rebate
Memory
Mushkin Essentials 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
$50.99 FREE $50.99 Newegg
Buy
Add Additional Memory
Storage
Western Digital RE3 750GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
$28.01 $3.99 $32.00 Amazon
Buy
Add Additional Storage
Video Card
Gigabyte Radeon R9 280 3GB WINDFORCE Video Card
$179.99 -$20.00 $2.99 $162.98 Newegg
Buy
$20.00 mail-in rebate
Case
Thermaltake Commander MS-I ID ATX Mid Tower Case
$47.99 -$15.00 $32.99 Micro Center
Buy
$15.00 mail-in rebate
Power Supply
EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply
$36.99 $36.99 SuperBiiz
Buy

A:$500 gaming build

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/92ZHZL
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/92ZHZL/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor ($72.89 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper TX3 54.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($17.22 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock FM2A88X Extreme4+ ATX FM2+ Motherboard ($76.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($60.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($48.75 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 285 2GB WINDFORCE 2X Video Card ($162.98 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($29.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $529.80
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-31 08:39 EDT-0400

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/500-gaming-build.213086/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello pc builders, I'd like to ask for some advice on building a gaming pc. I've picked out some parts that I think are good, but I do not know that much about custom building computers and what parts are most suitable for gaming.
I'm trying to keep the price limit at $1000 USD. Here are the parts that I've picked out.
CPU: Intel Core i5-4570 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Motherboard: MSI Z97-GAMING 7 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
HDD: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card
Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Case (probs doesn't matter) Cooler Master Storm Scout 2 Advanced ATX Mid Tower Case

Thank you

A:Are These Specs Good for a Gaming PC? (First Build Ever)

Looks like a nice build to me

I would drop the cpu down to this
https://pcpartpicker.com/part/intel-cpu-bx80646i54440

and upgrade the gpu to this
https://pcpartpicker.com/part/sapphire-video-card-100364l

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-these-specs-good-for-a-gaming-pc-first-build-ever.212847/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello its my first post!
Well anyways I just build my first ever pc using tutorials like (Austin Evans) well I build it turned it on, and all the fans would work then right after stop! Sometimes I get one bleep from the psu, What should I do as im really annoyed as I spent hours do this!

thanks

A:PC turns on then off (newly build)

Since you say the machine tries to boot, I'll assume the front panel connectors are correctly connected.
Make sure all cards, memory, and cables are properly seated. Including the 4pin/8pin motherboard power connector.
Try a different PSU. I had a PSU go out that acted this way, after an instant shutdown. Yours could be a DOA that acts the same way.
Try a single RAM module at a time. Switch modules if the first one doesn't help.
Try with all unnecessary components disconnected. Any damaged component can keep the PSU from receiving power good status.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-turns-on-then-off-newly-build.212476/
Relevancy 31.82%

My current spec is:

Intel Core duo 2 quad @ 2.4 GHz
305w psu
AMD 7770 gfx card
4 GB ddr2 ram
64 bit win 7 home prem.

I mostly play WoW and other mmo's... I rarely (and wouldnt be too bothered if I couldn't play them till next upgrade) play games with super high requirements like battlefield, gta etc and have the option to upgrade my graphics card to a 750 ti tomorrow (can get a new psu if needed).

or should I wait till next week and get a I5 + new motherboard and ram + keep my gfx card... link to exact model - http://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/b72/his-hd-7770-iceq-x.html

How would gaming be on a machine with the specs of:

Intel core duo 2 quad 2.4 GHZ
GTX 750 TI
4GB ddr2 ram

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-it-worth-upgrading-my-gfx-card-in-this-situation.212087/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hey guys im looking to retrofit my 6 year old gaming PC here soon, and by retrofit I mean totally rebuild it. here is my current build:

AMD Phenom II X6 1075T 3.00Mhz
6gb DDR3 RAM
Nvidia GTX 470

my question is this, I am really not having too many issues with frame rates yet even on the brand new games so I was wondering if upgrading to SLI on the GTX470's would be comparable to upgrading to a GTX 970? Thanks for the help guys

A:Build advice

Jlow85 said:

I was wondering if upgrading to SLI on the GTX470's would be comparable to upgrading to a GTX 970?Click to expand...

I would say yes. Just look at the benchmarks from Passmark. The 970 is more than twice the performance of a 470.

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=GeForce+GTX+470

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/build-advice.210856/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi, this is my first post on techspot, and I am kind of a newbie on building pc. I have never done it and been looking up everything I can. My needs are just basically normal computing but I want to be able to play new games (shadow of mordor). I dont do any video editing or anything. I have been reading that an i3 will be fine and I need a good gpu instead of overkill on a cpu. I also want a good mobo that has plenty of potential (something about more ports???). I just need to be steered in the right direction of what to get without blowing out the budget. I dont play too many games (and no fps and very few online). I just dont want to see a new game in 6 months that I want and dont have minimum sys requirements. Also I was very skeptical about getting an AMD cpu instead because they get so much hotter, but I know alot of people will recomend it. Sorry for being so longwinded.

A:Info/suggestions on build? i3?

Hi BraidedDuke5,
Have you thought of going down the used parts path as you seem to be wanting a machine "cheap" with an i3 instead of looking at what kind of job you really want it to do, unless you will only be playing games in a really low resolution (fps). E.g. the Intel NUC and the ASUS Vivo have Core i3 CPU and they are nothing like a gaming PC.
Here is a couple of pros for a Core i5, and they are;
"Intel Turbo Boost":- Which lets the processor increase its clockspeed whenever the workload on the CPU increases and none of the Core i3 CPUs have Turbo Boost.
"Cache":- The i3 (Ivy Bridge) processors have 3MB (except 4 Clarkdale processors which have 4MB) of cache all the Core i5s (except 4 Ivy Bridge processors which have 3MB and 6 Clarkedale which have 4MB), have 6MB of cache. The cache is like RAM for the processor but it is built into the processor chip. So this gives it (the CPU) access to the memory storage a lot quicker. Without a CPU memory cache and RAM the CPU would need to access the HDD which would be even slower.

Searched eBay.com.au for "i5 cpu" in "Computer components and parts" and had a myriad of choices.

You really need to decide on the CPU first then mobo and then components (small SSD for the O/S, graphics card and RAM) and lastly a PSU to power all your choices (you could even bung a cheap PSU in just to get the rig going, so long as you realise that it WILL fail down the line!)

Hope this helps

Edit:- Changed CPU listings to be accurate for world-wide purchasing as some markets did not get some CPU incarnations released as a new product (based entirely on the Ivy Bridge and Clarkdale Core i3 / i5)
Reference Intel 2105/03/22 from http://ark.intel.com/.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/info-suggestions-on-build-i3.210492/
Relevancy 22.79%

Google released the original Chromebook Pixel a little over two years ago. At $1,299, the system didn't make a ton of sense for most but what it did was serve as an example of what a high-end Chromebook could look...

Read more

A:Chromebook Pixel 2015: Great build quality, fast, USB Type-C and cheaper (but still too expensive)

Brick-ish.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/chromebook-pixel-2015-great-build-quality-fast-usb-type-c-and-cheaper-but-still-too-expensive.209610/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hey I m new to this site and I was wondering if I could get some help with my computer From what I ve seen it says my computer is compatible with all the parts I ve chosen Compatible? Is Build My But I wanted some help on here to make sure they will work Below are a list of parts that I will be getting CPU Intel Xeon E - V GHz Quad-Core Processor Motherboard MSI Z Guard-Pro ATX LGA Motherboard CPU Cooler Corsair H i CFM Liquid CPU Cooler RAM Kingston Fury Black Series Is My Build Compatible? GB x GB DDR - Memory Hard Drive Seagate Barracuda TB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive Hard Drive Seagate Barracuda TB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive GPU EVGA GeForce GTX GB ACX Video Card Case Deepcool TESSERACT SW ATX Mid Tower Case Power Supply Corsair CSM W Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply Optical Drive Sony S-CB-PLUS DVD CD Writer Other Parts I Is My Build Compatible? will figure out later Just to give some perspective I will be using the computer to record videos play games and render out edited videos If you think there are better parts to suit the build or if there are any parts that need to be exchanged please tell me below Also I want to stay at least under Thanks Jettster nbsp

A:Is My Build Compatible?

Personaly from just a quick overview so dont take everything for my word, this build seems like it would work well.
What I would do is:
1) I dont think that this build will be able to use a 450W PSU because your parts are pretty high end and the 970 draws alot of power (145W around about) plus everything else I think that you should get a 500W+ PSU so you wont ever have problems related to power you can overclock and be a little future proof.
2) Why not go with more lower storage HDD's and put them in RAID 0? like 3 1tb HDD? each having like 75mb/s totaling to 225mb/s at the minimum as most modern HDDs are faster than those speeds.

Hope this helped and this is only what I would do. Dont take my word for any facts etc from this comment.
Enjoy
~Joe

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-build-compatible.209304/
Relevancy 24.94%

I put together a list of parts for my first gaming PC for under here is the list of parts http pcpartpicker com user Linkin saved jTfRsY What do you guys think Please tell me if all the parts are compatible good quality and what settings this build is able to play Dying Light The Evil Within Skyrim Minecraft Max Payne Metro Last Light Bioshock Infinite and a few other games and how much FPS I will most likely be able to get this PC and everything else like the monitor OS optical drive keyboard mouse and anything else in July because right now I have and my birthday is in July I usually get around - from my whole family I will also sell my laptop for because on a site it said it is worth that much I might make a few extra bucks through that time so I will have about - I might be able to get better parts if I do get that much Anyway I hope you guys can help and PLEASE as best as you can try to estimate how good it can handle some of the games I listed above it will be a HUGE help thanks a lot guys nbsp

A:Gaming PC Build Under $700 Need Opinions

Get a SSD drive for the boot drive, it will make things load faster, keep the hard drive for u'r down loads, program files, and things that do have to load as fast. and I would advise getting a modular PSU it will make keeping the wires in the case a whole lot cleaner, because u do not have near as many wires connected that way.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-pc-build-under-700-need-opinions.208836/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have a computer that I built and I am pretty sure the motherboard is going out on me... Any suggestions for a new motherboard that will support the parts I already have from my previous build?

MoBo - thats going out - : ASUS Crosshair IV Extreme AM3 AMD 890FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Extended ATX AMD Moboo

Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition Thuban 6-Core 3.3GHz, 3.7GHz Turbo Socket AM3 125W Desktop Processor

Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 ST3000DM001 3TB 7200RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X + Turbulence II Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000) Desktop Memory Model F3-17000CL9Q-16GBXLD

Videocard: EVGA 02G-P3-1386-KR GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

I built this thing around 2011 so any suggestions for something new that will work for me?

A:Motherboard for my build

Take a look here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100007625 600158776

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-for-my-build.208651/
Relevancy 24.08%

I recently just built a gaming PC with my friend I have installed all of the drivers for the GPU from the installation disk it came displays dark. Build. glitches goes then New problem? Monitor GPU with Windows has been updated fully also besides three updates that continue to fail They are just security updates they may or may not be the problem The PC runs fine and the display will show New Build. Monitor displays glitches then goes dark. GPU problem? clear and crisp for about half an hour until New Build. Monitor displays glitches then goes dark. GPU problem? glitches will start to appear in the screen and next the monitor will appear black The light is still on and the PC is still running whatever it was last I know this because it did it during a driver installation and after I waited an hour and then restarted the PC the driver install was done Often after I restart the PC nothing will show up at all If I wait awhile and get lucky it will boot up normal The glitches happen most often when I try to run a game The mentioned updates continue to fail and idk why I have ran a troubleshoot for the PC as well and the it says no driver can be found for the PCI Simple Communications Controller After I choose to search for the driver online or on my computer it says no driver found During a Windows Update failure I got another error message concerning my graphics driver saying a problem could ve occurred because a graphics driver is missing Yet the program GPU Tweak that was installed with the disk says that everything s up-to-date When I try to update manually it says the sam thing This computer was not expensive I can post exact specs when I can get back into it and maybe some pics Specs Not listed is a terabyte of memory blu-ray burner and and an msi Z -G Gaming motherboard I have a strong internet connection and am using a DVI port for the monitor I have ruled out the monitor as the problem Before I said the PC was NOT expensive I meant NOT cheap I spent around on the parts nbsp

A:New Build. Monitor displays glitches then goes dark. GPU problem?

Looking at the screen shot of GPU-Z it appears you are running a AMD Catalyst 13.8 BETA drivers. I would suggest downloading the latest drivers from AMD: AMD Catalyst Omega Drivers 14.12. Then go into your control panel and completely uninstall the amd catalyst from your computer. Once completed, you may need to reboot the computer. After reboot, install the newest drivers from the link I posted above. Do so and then try again to produce same error results. Let us know if it works or not so we can try other options, or resolve the issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-monitor-displays-glitches-then-goes-dark-gpu-problem.207947/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi all. Simple question.
Would a Intel Q9550 Quad core CPU be worth the $100(AUD) I can get one for, over my current CPU?
I know my rigs old but shes all ive got for now until I built one from scratch in about 2 years time.
Uses are web,email, gaming, some photo editing, storing/opening manuals/catalogues and some 3D work such as google sketch ect....Any/all help appreciated.
Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit SP1
Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93GHz
4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 533MHz (7-7-7-20)
ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5G41T-M LX (LGA775)
VS248 ([email protected])
1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 5700 Series (XFX Pine Group)
465GB SAMSUNG HD501LJ ATA Device (SATA)
SONY DVD RW DRU-840A ATA Device
ASUS Xonar DGX Audio Device
PSU Silverstone 500w SST-ST50F-230

A:Intel Q9550 worth $100 (AUD)?

The Q9550 is still a solid quad core CPU, especially in comparison to the E7500 which is a bit anaemic thanks to its 3MB L2 cache (the Q9550 of course is blessed with 12MB). If completion time is a priority for content creation then it does represent a decent upgrade for your system.

I wouldn't recommend any overclocking adventures with that board though. While virtually any Q9550 (especially the E0 revision) runs at 400 FSB ( 3.4GHz) or better with anything above the stock cooler, the power draw goes up fairly markedly also, so stability is very dependant upon the voltage regulation of the board and the PSU's capacity.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-q9550-worth-100-aud.207146/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have a good system. I am likely to give it to my daughter and build a new one. I have read a few reviews of some new Motherboards and processors taking advantage of the new DDR4.

Does anyone have any insight on if its prudent to build in spring or perhaps wait>?

I can wait as my system is still very good. I just like fiddling with new stuff and builds.

Also will Windows 10 be available for builds by this time or again is this a wait and see?

Thanks much!

A:DDR4, Build now or wait till Summer?

You can install the preview version of 10 (beta work-in-progress). DDR4 more expensive than DDR3 but of course if you plan on buying CPU to take advantage of DDR4 speed would be the way to go for now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ddr4-build-now-or-wait-till-summer.207710/
Relevancy 24.94%

I don't know if this is the topic/forum. I was wondering if this pc build could play all of the following.

Arma 3
Arma 2
Grand theft auto V(GTA5 for when it comes out)
Grand theft auto IV
battle field 3
battle field 4
Dead island
Crysis 3
all metro city's
And a lot of games like that to medium-high-max settings.

If I posted this on the wrong forum I'm sorry.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Famous/saved/sZxWGX

If you guys want you can post part suggestions.

A:Is this a good gaming pc build?

Lets start with: What is your overall budget for this build? We might be able to build something better depending on how much you have.
Going with what you currently have listed I would suggest only minor changes to include:
The motherboard is a Dual Channel RAM setup - So you need to find RAM that comes as a pair (2x4GB instead of 1x8GB) for better efficiency.
I would also suggest getting a PSU (power supply) that is from a better known manufacture. Yes the one you selected will work, but the lesser brand ones have the tendency to fail more often (and the one you selected does not have too many good reviews).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-a-good-gaming-pc-build.207377/
Relevancy 24.94%

Okay, I really want to build a gaming PC.
BUT I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO START.
So, I basically want to build a gaming computer for the experience of putting one together.
I'd rather have intel or AMD, whichever is fine.
My budget is anything, but $650-700 MAX.
Now, I know 650-700 is minimum for a GAMING computer (at least I think I know), but all I want to do on the computer is normal gaming. Like, not hardcore 4k thing or whatever, but just ONE monitor playing a simple game. I don't need ULTRA graphic settings on the game, low-medium but still high dps is absolutely fine. I just want to be able to play modern games smoothly.
I have an idea of some stuff I want, BUT I have NO CLUE with compatibility with these things. I don't know how to tell this stuff.
So could someone give me the parts of a good computer for a gamer such as I? I play WoW, D3, MC, L4D2, SMITE, etc.
I shoulda asked this earlier....today's Cyber Monday.. I NEED TO SQUEEZE IN SOME PURCHASES!

Thanks!! Please help me out

A:I want to build a Gaming PC

Well, since nobody else replied, here is a start: http://www.techspot.com/guides/buying/page3.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-want-to-build-a-gaming-pc.207249/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi. Im about To build a gaming pc and I have came up with This :

inno 3d ichill geforce gtg 980 herculeZ x4 air boss ultra 4gb GDDR5, DVI, HDMI, 3xdisplayport

Cooler master nepton 280L watercooling system

XFX pro650W core edition full wired power supply

Intel core i7-5820k, 6x 3.30ghz

Asus x99-a

Fractal design define r4 titnaium grey window

Crucial 8gb ddr4 2133 x 2

is this a good build ?

Moderator note: This thread has been moved from another member's thread.

A:Is this a good gaming build?

thehubbapubba said:

Hi. Im about To build a gaming pc and I have came up with This :

inno 3d ichill geforce gtg 980 herculeZ x4 air boss ultra 4gb GDDR5, DVI, HDMI, 3xdisplayport

Cooler master nepton 280L watercooling system

XFX pro650W core edition full wired power supply

Intel core i7-5820k, 6x 3.30ghz

Asus x99-a

Fractal design define r4 titnaium grey window

Crucial 8gb ddr4 2133 x 2

is this a good build ?Click to expand...

You should start your own thread next time with the question instead but its decent depending on what your wanting. I am also a bit confused by your wording in spots because it sounds a bit weird.

Are you just gaming on this machine or do you have other ideas in mind?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-a-good-gaming-build.206882/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hello everyone - I have just assembled a new build It will not power up I need a suggestion to figure out if the problem is the case or the motherboard This is a mini-itx build power-up: power New or Build MB? no supply case's The case is New Build no power-up: case's power supply or MB? Linkworld LC - B This case comes with a volt watt external laptop-style power supply that plugs into the rear of the case just like New Build no power-up: case's power supply or MB? a laptop power supply plugs into a laptop - a barrel connector Inside this power connection connects to a power supply component that is not like a regular ATX power supply but is on a printed-circuit board New Build no power-up: case's power supply or MB? mounted on the case This has several capacitors and other stuff From that comes the -pin and -pin power supply lines for the motherboard I assume the -volt power supply for this external power supply unit is right since it came with the case It was watt The processor is an IBM t with TDP of watts Lower-powered CPUs can be put in a small so I assumed the power supply might be under-powered I ordered a -watt volt power supply with the right size barrel - and same polarity pos inside The MB is an ASRock H MV-ITX It is mini-itx form factor Still same problem Everything is connected correctly When I press the power-on button an external CD drive I have plugged-in spins up for a while But no power light comes on in the front of the case there are no POST beeps the fan for the CPU does not spin up No other signs of life So power is getting into the MB - the external CD drive is plugged into a USB socket in the rear panel of the MB After trying a watt and watt power supply I believe the problem cannot be the power supply cord Can it be that I have too little load I don t think so I plugged in another mm fan and an ol-fashion floppy drive just the power connection to add more load - same thing no power-up no POST nothing but the CD drive will spin up when I open-then-close it yet again So here is the help I need what else can I try -assuming the MB and case are fine is it more likely the case power supply is bad or the MB --Thanks nbsp

A:New Build no power-up: case's power supply or MB?

Well, I figured out the problem.
I am planning to re-do the older mini-itx system I have; it has gotten riddled with Trojan software for kids downloading games; it basically has been de-commissioned already.

So, I took the pico-psu power supply from that older computer, and hooked it up to the one I am making. Everything went perfectly.

So, I un-did that, removed the MB from case, disconnected the barrel-power connection from the case, unscrewed and removed the power supply that had been mounted in the case, put the pico-psu power supply back in place (I had to drill the hole for the barrel-connection out to be a little bigger since the pico-psu internal/external connection is threaded and held in place by nut with lock washer), and routed wires to be clear of cpu fan, screwed MB to stand-offs, and closed it all up.

now, everything is great. I like this linkworld case, but the power supply is worthless. I may try to get a few dollars back from the ebay vendor, to make me happy with a case that is less than what I should have gotten, but is working for me; I don't want to wait on returns, etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-no-power-up-cases-power-supply-or-mb.206259/
Relevancy 24.94%

My new build wont power on all I hear is a few high pitch sounds coming from what I think is the psu.
My specs:

SSD 128GB SAMSUNG 850 Pro
1TB HDD (from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago)

2TB HDD(from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago)

GPU = GTX 680 2GB (from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago) MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G GeForce GTX 970 4GB 256-Bit on it's way in the mail.

Case is pretty old and doesnt have a lid but it was working fine with my pervious buid)

PSU = CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply (from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago)

Heatsink = Scythe Ashura Universal Processor Cooler

CPU = Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Refresh Quad-Core 4.0GHz

Motherboard = MSI Z97-Gaming 7 Intel Z97 Motherboard

Memory = CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory

Please help me

A:New build wont power on

Disconnect everything except the monitor, cpu, ram. In fact, go down to 1 stick of ram. Will it POST now?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-wont-power-on.206021/
Relevancy 24.08%

This build will be for my 77 year old mother who lives in another state and I am trying to build this as stable and problem free preventative mode as best as I can with the understanding that any hardware can fail at any time.

Anyway, NewEgg is having both their Blue and Black WD 1TB hard drives on sale that goes off of sale after tomorrow. I know Black is often the choice due to build quality and 5 year warranty. However, the Blue would really help budget wise because every dollar counts and it sees many people have had good success with the Blue.

She does MS Office, email, surfing plus she has an online business that keeps her very busy along with uploading a lot of photos.

Thanks.

A:New Build: Western Digital Blue or Black?

Blue. Because of her work tasks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-western-digital-blue-or-black.204928/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi, I'm building a budget gaming PC but I don't know what motherboard to get. Here's the parts I'm planning on buying:

Intel Core i5-3570
Corsair Builder Series CX 430
Radeon HD7850

A H77 board will do as the cost of a K cpu and Z77 board (I presume) would cost way more. I'm thinking something around the price of a Asus P8H77-V LE.

Thanks

A:What motherboard should I get for my build?

It matters on what brand you buy. Some H77 motherboards come close to low end Z77 boards. Also, the 3570K is just $20 more and allows for you to unlock your system fully as long as you have proper cooling.

If you would like, I can take a look at your build and recommend better components if I see it fit. Just provide me with a budget .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-motherboard-should-i-get-for-my-build.203630/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi guys I have a new job build, after advice A new and few outgoing troubles for the moment so I decided I want to throw some A new build, after advice money away while I can For years I have a had a really simple PC usually for uni basic gaming etc with only a couple of upgrades to GPU PSU but now I A new build, after advice have the itch to create something bigger and largely unnecessary I have read and read and snooped and searched A new build, after advice various tech-based sites but it is kind of like opening a book to the middle and trying to understand what is going on so I am here to ask you fine people for some compatibility questions as well as obvious things I may have skipped over or missed Here is a quick list of things I have ended up being interested in MBoard Asus Maximus VII Hero Z or something similar CPU i - K GHz not sure to the benefits of jumping to i or such GPU s In this respect I am perfectly open to discussion I am willing to pay in total for something ridiculous MSI GTX Ti x PSU EVGA w P Memory Corsair Vengeance Pro x gb DDR - Basically the idea is to spend unnecessarily but also with a little future-proofing in there Things to bare in mind I am by no means rich but at this point in time I would like to spend a little money on myself Seriously though in total anything to give or take a couple hundred would be acceptable Secondly this build would be something I need to spend a month or two saving for to buy so if there is anything new and sparkly coming out in the near future I am sure that I am totally oblivious to it so feel free to advise Thank you in advance for anyone who helps me out nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-new-build-after-advice.205476/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello,

I just finished assembling my first build. At first it turned on without a hitch, was able to install windows and a few drivers.

I had to restart a few times, which went fine for the first few times, and then it just didn't boot back up. The power button doesn't do anything, the fans don't start, nothing happens.

When I jump the psu, all the fans start, so I'm thinking the issue must be with the mobo..

Here's a list of all the parts I'm using : http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/JFVvD3

Thanks.

A:Mobo issue? Custom build won't start anymore

First, are any wires touching that might be causing a short such as a wire touching the back of the mobo? Second, I had something similar happen to me a few years ago with a new build. There is a tried and true though often tedious way that can help diagnose possible issues.

1. Remove all hardware except for one RAM stick from the motherboard and this includes Sata and fan connections to peripherals such as your SSD, etc,

2. Now see if the system boots with only the one RAM stick. If it boots then shut down add the second stick of RAM and then reboot. If it boots then repeat by adding a piece at a time.

3. If is doesn't boot then it is either your mobo or your power supply. Also, check to see if your heat sink is seated correctly.

BTW, nice little system there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-issue-custom-build-wont-start-anymore.205000/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi all I currently regrettably own a hp pavilion t and I m trying to make the thing last a while I do a lot of gaming and have since upgraded the PSU to a corsair w along with adding in an nvidia TI At this point I feel like the processor might be showing its age With the limited cooling GPU stays cool under load but is not going to handle any OCing and the limited MOBO functionality OCing my beloved i is very likely out of the picture to it 950 worth Is me? i7 an My question will the board support an i or Same socket and memory type along with still being X or will the bios limitations of my motherboard make that a moot point Additionally do you think there are any real performance gains to be had with an upgrade such as this Am I coming at it all wrong My main goals are to run The Witcher and Dragon Age Inquisition at reasonable settings on p i s can be had for around - so Is an i7 950 worth it to me? I m not sure how much better they Is an i7 950 worth it to me? perform in gaming with albeit slightly higher clock speed Should I just save for a new build I ll never buy off the shelf again Thanks nbsp

A:Is an i7 950 worth it to me?

Motherboard Specifications, IPMTB-TK (Truckee) HP Pavilion Elite e9150t CTO Desktop PC | HP® Support

This might help you out. In the long run saving for a new build. Would be the better choice. Retail computers are not much for upgrading. Most as you no are very limited.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-an-i7-950-worth-it-to-me.205034/
Relevancy 32.25%

I just got an old GPU, Club 3D GeForce GT220 (CGNX-G222YLI) so I was wondering that is it worth using this as a dedicated physex GPU and if it is then how should I do that?

Just to save your time I'll add my system specs here:
MOBO: Asus P6T SE
CPU: Intel i7-920 @3GHz
GPU: XFX HD7790
PSU: Chieftec 750W

A:Dedicated GPU for physex, is it worth it?

Well first of all naturally you cannot put an AMD GPU and an Nvidia GPU together and use the Physx (Well dedicate it to the GPU). Nvidia disables that technology when it detects an AMD card (as the primary) and you can only use the CPU bound version.

Now then, you can do something called Hybrid PhysX which uses a mod and old driver that allows this idea (AMD main GPU and Nvidia PhysX GPU) to work.

Hybrid PhysX

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dedicated-gpu-for-physex-is-it-worth-it.204686/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi everyone

Could someone look over what I have and see if there is anything wrong with the list. oo and I have a SSD hard drive already and can someone recommend a CD drive and ram?
thanks in advance

Qty.Product DescriptionSavingsTotal Price
ASUS GeForce GTX 770 GTX770-DC2OC-2GD5 Video Card
Item #:N82E16814121770
Return Policy: VGA Replacement Only Return Policy
$399.99
$374.99
NVIDIA Gift - Watch Dogs
Item #:N82E16800995199
Return Policy: Standard Return Policy
$69.99
Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz LGA 1150 Desktop Processor
Item #:N82E16819116900
Return Policy: CPU Replacement Only Return Policy
$338.99
$326.99
CORSAIR CSM Series CS750M 750W Power Supply
Item #:N82E16817139061
$129.99
ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 ATX Intel Motherboard
Item #:N82E16813132124
Return Policy: Limited Replacement Only Return Policy
$274.99
$254.99
NZXT Phantom 410 Series CA-PH410-B1 Black Computer Case With Side Panel Window
Item #:N82E16811146085
$124.99
$104.99
Grand Total:$1,191.95

A:First computer build

Holy smokes.

Possibly, no one has commented because 1. people want to hear what you are aiming for - a gaming PC? CAD/CAM? Web-surfing? etc., and 2. you sure piled on a list of pricey items without any argument for why you need such pricey items when you can do nearly as well by sliding down the price range a lot, and 3. you have not said what size the SSD is - it might not be large enough to comfortably support operating system plus a few multi-player games.

A first-time build does not have to be the ultimate Win experience. Largely, builders work for a trade-off between cost and function. For your first build, you may want to build something that is straightforward, not too expensive, and can be upgraded in the future.

If money is no object, just get the most expensive of everything and enjoy. Just make sure everything is compatible.

I am not trying to be rude. Just kinda surprised by the price tags, and the lack of responses thus far.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-computer-build.204008/
Relevancy 24.08%

Can someone take a look and tell me if this build is OK.

Intel Celeron G1620
MSI H61M-P20 (G3)
AMERA CASE PINK GIRLS MICRO ATX
Could you suggest also some memory and a video card although I already have a GeForce 8600GS, will that card be enough?

Thanks

A:Super cheap build for minecraft and youtube

childofthetao said:

Can someone take a look and tell me if this build is OK.

Intel Celeron G1620
MSI H61M-P20 (G3)
AMERA CASE PINK GIRLS MICRO ATX
Could you suggest also some memory and a video card although I already have a GeForce 8600GS, will that card be enough?

ThanksClick to expand...

Minecraft does not need much but it does need a decent CPU (At least a mediocre one) to do a decent FPS on most settings. In my experience changing the settings does not help as much until you get really low on the game (mostly its draw distance that helps) so I would suggest a slightly higher cpu and a low GPU like an R7 250 or and HD 7750.

Try something like this, Im keeping it cheap but you will appreciate minecraft more with a slightly better processor in the end.

Pentium Dual Core 3.0ghz

MSI H81

Corsair 4gb (2x2gb kit) 1600

PowerColor R7 250

XFX 450Watt 80+ Bronze

You can go lower on the GPU if you wish and the PSU selection on that site did not leave me much room but you can go lower. Otherwise the rest is a decent value budget minecraft build which could get a good playable game experience for anyone needing an inexpensive machine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/super-cheap-build-for-minecraft-and-youtube.203666/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi guys I m hoping I could get some advice on a new build I m doing soon It will primarily £1200 Build for MMO Gaming focus on MMOs and Wildstar and WoW absolutely must work on it although it should beast through them Would be nice if other stuff did too though please point out any incompatibilities or things you would do differently Thanks in advance Specs here Case PCS MAELSTROM T BLACK GAMING CASE Processor CPU Intel MMO Gaming Build for £1200 Core i Quad Core Processor i - k MMO Gaming Build for £1200 GHz MB Cache Motherboard Gigabyte Z X Gaming ATX LG USB SATA GBs XFIRE SLI Memory RAM GB KINGSTON HYPER-X BEAST DUAL-DDR MHz X M P x GB Graphics Card GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX - DVI HDMI DP - D Vision Ready st Hard Disk GB KINGSTON V SSD SATA Gb MB R MB W nd Hard Disk TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD FZEX SATA Gb s MB CACHE rpm st DVD BLU-RAY Drive x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER R RW RAM Memory Card Reader INTERNAL IN CARD READER XD MS CF SD etc x USB PORT Power Supply CORSAIR W RM SERIES MODULAR PLUS GOLD ULTRA QUIET Processor Cooling CoolerMaster Seidon M High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Sound Card ONBOARD CHANNEL HIGH DEF AUDIO AS STANDARD Wireless Wired Networking WIRELESS N Mbps PCI CARD USB Options MIN x USB amp x USB PORTS BACK PANEL MIN FRONT PORTS Operating System Genuine Windows Bit - inc DVD amp Licence nbsp

A:MMO Gaming Build for £1200

A better ssd, use an air cooler like Noctua D14 or 15, phanteks,stronger psu for future sli or crossfire 750 or 850,something like a 450mbp dual band for wireless or something in the ac wireless class, 8gigs would serve you well but 16 is nice to have. Last but not least I7 for just gaming is really just paying far to much for just gaming. One of the newer I5s would serve just aswell and save you a dollar. While the build would run okay, Its price to performance is grossly off. You are building a overclocker that cant overclock.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Freaksamcker/saved/BTwkcf As far as ram wise, the fastest ram within your budget.( 8gigs) Make sure the air cooler will fit in your case.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mmo-gaming-build-for-%C2%A31200.203569/
Relevancy 24.08%

Ok I m not the best and building computers and am very new at it My fresh build will boot but display absolutely nothing on the it like except everything Fresh display all powers at should build, no on monitor monitor by nothing I mean it won t even go to bios or turn the power light from standby to on This build will boot up all fans will run with no problems including cpu and video card fans and everything will shut Fresh build, everything powers like it should except no display at all on monitor off by holding down the power button properly Also I have not gotten any light or beep codes Here is what I have asus m a motherboard amd fx -core processor black edition asus gtx ti direct cu video card ddr gb Fresh build, everything powers like it should except no display at all on monitor x gb MHz dual corsair vengeance ram watt xion xio power supply sata tb barracuda hard drive dvd cd - writable drive cm storm scout case I have tried trouble shooting programs for the motherboard and video card with no results I have tried resetting the rtc ram I have double checked the power plugs are plugged in properly and making a proper circuit I have taken everything out except the motherboard cpu cpu fan and power supply and still gotten no beeps I have tried changing how the stupid speaker wire connects connecting incorrectly according to the manual and still no freaking beeps I have tried using hdmi and vga cords connected to my tv that supports pc s and a monitor nothing worked cord wise but my old pc worked like a dream when connected to them when talking to tech support for the motherboard they helped me check that it wasn t a grounding issue I have talked to all my pc buddies called tech support and no one can tell me anything i haven t tried or that has worked I have no idea what is wrong I need help I have spent the last two day all day working on this with no clue what is happening nbsp

A:Fresh build, everything powers like it should except no display at all on monitor

do you have the monitor cable plugged into the GPU or MOBO?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fresh-build-everything-powers-like-it-should-except-no-display-at-all-on-monitor.178244/
Relevancy 31.82%

I'm considering the upgrade above. The problem is all the reviews on both coolers were made with different cpus at different overclocking settings. I even tried to narrow the comparisons to a common denominator, like the intel stock cooler, which is sometimes present in most reviews, but even then, different cpus were used, making the info not that reliable. After some reading, I understood that the H60 is more silent and, obviously, occupies much less space, win-win situation. But regarding the performance, the info is rather cloudy.

Does anyone know anything on the subject?

A:CM Hyper 212 Plus to Corsair H60 - worth the upgrade?

Alpha Gamer said:

I'm considering the upgrade above. The problem is all the reviews on both coolers were made with different cpus at different overclocking settings. I even tried to narrow the comparisons to a common denominator, like the intel stock cooler, which is sometimes present in most reviews, but even then, different cpus were used, making the info not that reliable. After some reading, I understood that the H60 is more silent and, obviously, occupies much less space, win-win situation. But regarding the performance, the info is rather cloudy.

Does anyone know anything on the subject?Click to expand...

Personally I have played with H60's and Hyper212's and they both offer very similar performance. I would not count that as a worth upgrade except if you want a more silent system because the Hyper212 is already such an excellent air cooler and the H60 is kinda a low end liquid cooler.

Based on my experience, the same clock on the same chip result in the H60 (The only time I tested something like this was on a Phenom II X6 1100T at 4.0ghz) being a tad bit more silent, but the overclocking headroom remains the same for the most part (Within margin of error).

If you really want to move to Liquid cooling or upgrade for better clocks and a more silent system. Either an H80 style cooler or H100i (Or a likes AIO Liquid cooler) would be the best solution to go from a Hyper212.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cm-hyper-212-plus-to-corsair-h60-worth-the-upgrade.202924/
Relevancy 32.25%

I'm planning on getting Gigabyte GTX 750 Ti, the problem is I got a pc for like 2006 and it's a dual core 2.60 ghz at 2.80 overclocked, ati hd radeon 4650, 2g kingston ddr3 ram.

is it worth getting with this pc or do I need a better one? I mainly play WoW, will this card enable me ultra graphics and shadows, or will the cpu slow me down?

will I also be able to have max multisample

thanks guys

With this settings I can get 60fps when alone questing with low ground radius and low view distance and low shadow, the rest can go max, but multisampling just on x2 makes it really slow

If not which one is recommended for a more independent gpu experience. my wow runs fairly well with max textures at what I have now, will the improvement be worth?

A:Gigabyte GTX 750 Ti, is it worth getting under my situation?

Did you buy your PC as a whole unit or did you build it (or have it built)? Are you running a 32 bit or 64 bit Operating System? What is your wattage rating on the Power Supply? If this was a computer you bought, what is the Make and Model?
Just trying to get more information about your current computer so we can make a better judgment. I could say that yes the card would better your performance, but I would also suggest other things first. Like adding more RAM (2GB is just not enough for modern games). Possibly replacing the CPU with one that is better suited for your needs (if the motherboard can handle it). Also with adding a Video card of that class, you will most likely have to replace the power supply, depending on what it is rated.
But I'm getting ahead of myself, lets get more information from you to start.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-gtx-750-ti-is-it-worth-getting-under-my-situation.201110/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hey, I am wanting to make my first gaming computer and despite all my research and back checking, I still feel like something may be wrong, not to mention if possible I would like to save a bit more money since I am just above my budget of about $500. Below is a link to my build.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/prince/saved/4Fbc

I am hoping to play mainly games like WoW, Arche Age, and mmos like that. Also I may occasionally play something more demanding like Skyrim or something. Any tips, and if possible money saves, let me know.
Thank You!!

A:Gaming Computer Build Check

Probably better to get rid of the GPU and just go with an AMD APU. Like A10-5800K

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-computer-build-check.202373/
Relevancy 24.94%

I think I've checked correctly if the power will be enough and I have plenty of space to fit everything.

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=wish_lists&wlcId=303296&action=wish_lists

A:Computer Build Check

Were you wanting all those items? Seemed to be some redundancies and over-kill. Regardless though, 10K has me drooling.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-build-check.202477/
Relevancy 24.94%

I'm not sure if this the right forum since it's been upgraded. I am thinking of doing a new build of the AMD FM2+ and here is what I think that I want and I'm looking for any suggestions about this build in it's entirety. This is what I've picked at part pickers so far: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/oldguy55/saved/44ya , I'm not really a gamer, but I do a lot of video editing, converting, bluray/dvd recording and music cds. also keep in mind that I will probably be adding more hard drives to this build as my movie library is increasing.

A:Near Future New Build

Ok, so since you do a lot of video editing, I would make numerous changes:
1) I would go for an Intel platform rather than an AMD platform since Intel CPUs are dominant when it comes to video editing.
2) If you arent going to overclock the CPU much, I would tone down the cooler to something like a Hyper 212 Evo.
3) I would tone down the RAM to about 1600MHz since 2133MHz doesnt make much of a difference when video editing (or even gaming).
4) I would replace the Digital Black2 HDD/SSD combo with a pure SSD.
5) I would replace the AMD GPU with something more hefty and nVidia based. I say this because nVidia drivers are usually more consistent and nVidia GPUs are generally better for video editing. BUT, if you are working with programs such as Adobe CC, then I would stick with an AMD GPU (more powerful than a 250X) since Adobe products make use of OpenGL for the most part and AMD is dominant at that.
6) Case is your choice. I personally recommend Corsair cases.
7) The PSU can be toned down to a 750W (Corsair HX 750) possibly, but I wouldnt go any lower since you are hoping to add more HDDs.
8) I would find a Bluray reader and writer all in one rather than having 2.
9) There is really no advantage to having Windows 7 Ultimate over Professional or even Home Premium. Ultimate just really allows you to install language packs (there are some other features that arent really important).
10) You dont need a Wifi adapter as long as the motherboard supports Wifi, but it matters on the board. We can determine that once we figure out the specifics.
11) Keyboard looks fine. I personally recommend the Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard K750 ($60) since you never have to replace the batteries and the keys are more tactile. But it is your choice.
12) That mouse is made for laptops, just so you are aware .

Sorry for the long rant, but I want to get you the best rig possible . I just need you to answer some questions first though, what programs do you use? How hardcore of a video editor are you (professional?)? Are the projects you work with in very high resolutions such as 4K? What is your price range for this machine? <--- this will help determine which CPU and GPU you can purchase (along with other parts).

I hope this helps.

-JC

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/near-future-new-build.201268/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi all Up until very recently I have been using Scan XS for custom build workstations for our D designers in our London studio for Build Custom Rendering Unfortunately their customer service has fallen off a cliff in the last few months so I am looking at alternative options One of the biggest advantages with Scan was their prices relative to more established competitors and I m hoping Custom Build for Rendering to find a similarly competitive option I have used Mesh in the past but unfortunately they don t include Quadro graphics Custom Build for Rendering cards in any of their systems this is an essential as we work with Solidworks amp AutoCAD as much as we do ds Max I have built my own in the past but as this is a work machine we d prefer to be backed up by a professional warranty What I am considering at the moment is the HP Z but these use Xeon E - CPUs which according to Intel aren t recommended for rendering I m still happy to consider off-the-shelf systems but ideally I d like to get something along the lines of Windows Pro bit i k or newer nVidia Quadro K or better gb RAM Minimum quot IPS Monitor eg Dell U yr Warranty Under k Any suggestions would be appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Custom Build for Rendering

The Xeon E5-1650 that is in the HP Z420 is an aging processor. I would recommend something newer. I would take a look at the HP workstation site before making a decision through a 3rd party seller like ebuyer.com.

I would recommend looking at newer CPUs such as the ones found >>here<<.

One option is the HP Z420, but it gets quite pricey (~4000 USD not including a monitor (if I am not mistaken)). It has a beefy Xeon E5-1650 V2 inside along with a bunch of other goodies like a Quadro K4000 and a 512GB SSD.

It doesn't seem to me like many of the HP workstations have GPUs, so this is what I recommend: buy a nice HP workstation with a beefy new Xeon E5 6 core CPU (this will kick some mean *** in SolidWorks, AutoCad, and 3DS Max, trust me!) and buy a Quadro or FirePro GPU yourself. Make sure you check the specifications of the PSU first though to confirm that you can run a Quadro GPU on top of the other components. Also, you can easily get a SSD later if you dont want to pay extra for it in the HP workstation. That will run you like $300-500.

If the HP workstations dont work out (the pricing just doesnt workout in the end with the monitors and GPUs and such), then I would get off the shelf parts, but the problem with those is that it is hard to find components with extended warranties. If they do have long warranties, they will probably be expensive.

I hope this helps.

-JC

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/custom-build-for-rendering.202244/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi,

All of a sudden my build-in webcam is no longer recognised. I have upgraded my OS from windows 7, to windows 8, to windows 8.1, but that was a while ago and my webcam has worked in the mean time.

Has anyone had similar problems or does someone have a (possible) solution? All ideas are welcome, since I need my webcam for videoconferences.

A:Asus N53SV build-in webcam problem

It could be compatibility problem,,, try to install webcam for windows 8.1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-n53sv-build-in-webcam-problem.201663/
Relevancy 32.68%

Ok guys. I am planning to build a system(of course a PC)and I really wanth to know is it worth it, I want to hear your oppinions.
CPU-AMD Athlon X4 760K
MB-MSI A88XM E35
GPU-MSI R7 260X
RAM-Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz
HDD-500GB WD Caviar Blue
PSU-Corsair CX430
Case-I am still thinking about it, maybe Cooler Master K280
I am curious are these parts all compatible and can I run Battlefield 3 on ultra with this?
Thanks guys.

A:Is this system worth it?

ace2001 said:

Ok guys. I am planning to build a system(of course a PC)and I really wanth to know is it worth it, I want to hear your oppinions.
CPU-AMD Athlon X4 760K
MB-MSI A88XM E35
GPU-MSI R7 260X
RAM-Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz
HDD-500GB WD Caviar Blue
PSU-Corsair CX430
Case-I am still thinking about it, maybe Cooler Master K280
I am curious are these parts all compatible and can I run Battlefield 3 on ultra with this?
Thanks guys. Click to expand...

Well you will not get a smooth 60 FPS on Ultra in BF3 with this system. So I would say no you cannot run it on ultra since at the 1080p realm the card averages above 30FPS on ultra.

If you want a system to run BF3/4 on ultra, might we here your budget so we could help you pick out a better parts list?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-system-worth-it.201450/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi, I am planing to build a custom budget gamning PC.
Is this GPU(http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-SUPERCLOCKED-Graphics-02G-P4-2653-KR/dp/B00966IU9W/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1396179748&sr=8-4&keywords=evga gtx 650 2 gb) or this (http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Dual-Link-Graphics-02G-P4-3751-KR/dp/B00IDG3PRI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1396179830&sr=8-2&keywords=evga gtx 650 2 gb) really worth it and does it fits to this:

AMD Athlon X4 760K-CPU
MSI FM2 A75MA E35-MOTHERBOARD
Corsair Vengeance 1600 Mhz 4 or 8 GB-RAM
Corsair CX430-PSU
NZXT Source 210-CASE
WD Caviar Blue 500 GB-HDD
Sorry for my english.
Thanks in advance.

A:Is EVGA GTX 650 2 GB worth it?

Do you have a budget for how much you can spend on the Video Card itself? I would suggest shopping around because Amazon doesn't always have the best deals. Depending on where you are located, you could find some really sweet deals. Spending another $10 you can get an EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti Superclocked 2GB ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487024 ) or for the same price as GTX 650 you can get a PNY GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB ( http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8906822&CatId=7387 ). I'm not saying you have to buy either of those cards, just showing you that you have options. You could also go with an AMD video card if you wanted to. Let us know how much you can spend (on either just the Video Card or the whole system) and we can help you out.
Also, looking at the specs you included, it looks like you have a decent plan for the build. I would suggest getting 8GB of Ram, not just 4GB. If you want to game on it, then 8GB is pretty much the "safe zone" for gaming.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-evga-gtx-650-2-gb-worth-it.201248/
Relevancy 25.37%

My old HP computer fried, but so far the power supply (Corsair 650W) and my memory 8GB and optical DVD burner/drive are pretty much the only thing that survived, lol. So I need a new processor, mobo, graphics card, mid case, and cooler. I have $400.00 as of right now to spend, but will have maybe more from time to time, this will take me a-while depending on the prices of the parts needed to complete my gaming pc. The games that I usually play are BF4, Titanfall, Arma III, Company of Heroes II, and Total War Rome II. For those asking what type of (Mobo: FOXCONN ALOE 1.01), (Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5850 1GB), and (CPU: 2.80 gigahertz AMD Phenom II X4 925) I had. Thanks for taking the time to read my post and cry of help .

A:New PC build help :D

What resolution do you play at? I think you'll need more than 400$ if you want to play those games with a "gaming" pc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-pc-build-help-d.201067/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have recently built a new PC and am having some issues, I am getting power to all of my components but no power to any of my peripherals (keyboard, mouse & monitor) my monitor is in power saving mode.

I have done the following steps to try and resolve the problem:

- Upgrade from a 500w to 750w PSU
- Replace CPU as there was a slightly bent pin.
- Replace motherboard.
- Reset the CMOS.
- Clean the RAM sticks and put back in
- Boot with 1 RAM stick.
- Tried using DVI, VGA & HDMI cables to connect to monitor.

Also, please note my motherboard does not have a VGA or DVI port so I am unable to test if it is the graphics card.

None of these steps worked, does anyone have any idea what may be causing this issue?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

A:Peripherals not powering up on new build PC

Need more info on what hardware you are using. Make and Model of: Motherboard, CPU, RAM, Video Card, PSU, etc.
It's easier to troubleshoot with this info.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/peripherals-not-powering-up-on-new-build-pc.199876/
Relevancy 32.25%

So im getting a new pc next year and I want to make sure it can play next gen games?

http://www.komplett.dk/komplett-winter-gamer/10821#!tab:extra

Specs:
Cooler Master B500, 500W PSU

Intel Core i7-4770 Processor

MSI B85M-E45, Socket-1150

Crucial DDR3 BallistiX Sport 1600MHz 8GB

Gainward GeForce GTX 760 2GB PhysX CUDA

Toshiba Desktop 1TB SATA 3.0

Samsung DVD Writer, SH-224DB

Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit

A:Is thic PC worth buying?

I like the PC, but don't know how to interpret the price.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-thic-pc-worth-buying.198251/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi all,

I want to build the new gaming computer with average specification to play the games like GTA, Battelfield, Warcraft etc. my buget is around 1000$.. all suggetions are welcomed.....

A:Build a Gaming Computer

Do you have a machine or configuration, that you are currently looking at?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/build-a-gaming-computer.199403/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hey guys I have couple of bucks I need to spend on my PC right now
I am looking for a mid range video ed/ gaming setup.
here is my specs currently.
http://pastebin.com/KVKT278U
Any help is appreciated

Regards
Paulie

A:PC build: What else do I need?

What's your budget? You're gonna need a whole new rig, including OS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-build-what-else-do-i-need.199342/
Relevancy 24.94%

Well, I just put my pc together and I turned it on, it starts out fine but then to power supply fan turns off and the power supply and the system shuts off after about 3 seconds

A:PC Build Trouble

Can you give a little more detail, about what you are building and how you went about putting it together. A description of all your parts and a list of all the power connections would be a good start.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-build-trouble.199282/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hey guys Im building my first gaming pc and I would appreciate if you could tell me if these pieces can hold togheter and if im missing some like I PC build gaming First said its my first build so I dont know if that piece is too powerfull or that other one is too weak etc I plan to First gaming PC build play games like Skyrim Battlefield MMOs etc ASUS Z -A LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard ASUS GTX -DC OC- GD GeForce GTX GB -bit GDDR PCI Express HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX M W ATX V v EPS V v PLUS BRONZE Certified Semi Modular High Performance Power Supply New th Gen CPU Certified Haswell Ready Intel Core First gaming PC build i - K Ivy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX I K Kingston HyperX GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model KHX C D K GX Mushkin Enhanced Chronos Deluxe MKNSSDCR GB-DX quot GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD Cooler Master Hyper EVO - CPU Cooler with mm PWM Fan Western Digital WD Blue WD AAKX GB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive - OEM Note At first I had plan to use a W power supply but I dont know if it would be good enough or not so please give me your opinion about it Thanks for helping a noob nbsp

A:First gaming PC build

Good choices.
Depending on the price of that TX650 I'd recommend the Rosewill Capstone 550/m or Seasonic g series 550.
Also it'd be nice to find a kit of 1866 RAM, which you can probably find at a similar price if you're lucky and there's some sales.
Also depending on the price you can probably get a Samsung EVO 250gb for a little cheaper.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-gaming-pc-build.198953/
Relevancy 24.94%

I dont know if anyone is still active on this thread but I would like to know what would be a good build to go with my cpu i7 4770

im on a 1500 dollar budget and plan on doing alot of video editing using visual effects

Relevancy 24.94%

Hi guys I ve spent today building a pc for myself However on pressing the on button there s no reaction at all My machine specs are M B - Gigabyte GA- A-UD Processor - AMD RAM - Corsair Gb DDR Case - Zalman Z Graphics card - Gigabyte HD PSU - Corsair CX M W Wi-fi card also installed but can t remember the name and seem to have temporarily lost the box in a pile of packaging So far I ve checked the CPU and motherboard power sockets the wall plug sockets and the power cord to my PSU I ve also checked the connections between my case and the motherboard and these all appear to be correct on power build PC doesn't As part of this final point I switched the power on LED with the power button they both originate from the same location so thought they may be mixed up Anyhows I got a solid LED which suggests to me that a there s power running through the switch circuit and b the pc isn t booting when told to as a PC build doesn't power on solid LED would indicate PC build doesn't power on circuit completion which would be the equivalent of holding in the on button If anybody could shed any light on where to go next I d be eternally grateful currently searching the house for a paperclip to test the PSU nbsp

A:PC build doesn't power on

Does the CPU and case fans move at all, when pressing the power button?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-build-doesnt-power-on.198098/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi - I am posting pics of the min-itx computer I made within a clear very small plexi-glas case I was motivated to do this after reading abt tiny, clear mini-itx plexi-glas of build Pics the mini-itx form factor including reading that it basically can do what a full ATX format MB could do with some limits on RAM slots and vid cards and reading abt the low-power w tdp intel chips with native video that were Pics of mini-itx tiny, clear plexi-glas build a really cool fit between low power low heat atom processors and the usual intel or amd desktop CPUs the low power makes it easier to have adequate cooling it had to have a max power demand level that would allow a laptop-type power supply with heat sink in the power cable and not in the computer case --the micro-psu atx power supplies plus appropriate laptop-type power cord are a great set-up to allow this I am fascinated by the atoms but still not knowledgeable enough or excited enough to figure out my own build based on an atom I told my year old son that we would make a computer together he likes looking at lego dots com and other kid stuff It would be small since it was just for a boy it would be cool since we like things to be cool for items that might be visually cool to shop for we shopped the case was found on ebay I though some aggressive cool heat sinks on ram would fit per my calculations but I was wrong I ordered g-skill ram with cool heat sinks but had to remove the heat sinks to fit the case temps are fine that was abt it for what would look cool the rest - not much - hard drive and cpu cooler - just had to fit video was not a big concern these intel chips have onboard and these MBs know it and we are not intense gamers the future - maybe not so much I hope he is not living in my basement in years playing rpg specs in next post nbsp

A:Pics of mini-itx tiny, clear plexi-glas build

Specs.
intel g630t. a great price point with the performance we need for everything, at low power - 35w - our needs do not include rpg etc but includes web-browsing, transfer of pics from digital camera to hard drive, some MS Office stuff. ----stock cooler is very low profile, and fits.

4 gb gskill ram.

win7 home 64bit.

Kingston 120 gb hd --repurposed from some other comp I had done.

repurposed 40mm fan as case fan.

usb 150mb/sec transponder -- from Frys for $10.

Oh- big deal - MB is Intel mini-itx dh61dl. you can build a typical atx computer with this, but with limits - the only card slots are 1 (one) mini pci-e and pci-express.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pics-of-mini-itx-tiny-clear-plexi-glas-build.198033/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi guys I m looking to build myself a new PC suitable I have particular games I d like to run with PC Build Advice decent performance at reasonably high settings - at the moment that s FSX Rome TW and Football Manager yeah that one s not resource heavy but it s on my list - but would like it to be future-proof I already PC Build Advice have a monitor and mouse but everything else needs buying Considering that with the budget I have I ve come up with the following set-up Case - Bitfenix Merc Alpha Gaming Case CPU - AMD FX -core FX GHz Mb cache RAM - Corsair Gb DDR MHz PSU - W Coolermaster B Motherboard - ASUS M A Motherboard Graphics - Gb AMD MSI HD OC PCI-E HDD - Western Digital TB DVD-RW - Liteon x player Cooling - Standard AMD processor cooling fan case has a fan at the rear planning on buying four more fans and adding two to the front one to the top and one to the bottom of the case Speakers - Logitech ZS O S - Windows -bit If anyone can take a quick scan through and let me know if I ve missed something glaringly obvious that would be great Or if there is anything I can PC Build Advice substitute that would give better performance for a similar price that would be great I think everything is compatible I ll double and triple-check this before buying so I m not looking for any in-depth analysis but any guidance would be great Thanks nbsp

A:PC Build Advice

Good Selection, but might I make a few alterations for you to consider because you have a £800. We maybe able to squeeze a bit more out of this build, ill go off amazon.uk for the pricing:

Gigabyte Z87-HD3 79.99
i5 4670k 174.50
Corsair 750watt Bronze 68.98
Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1tb 49.99
Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo CPU Cooler 23.99
NZXT Phantom 410 mid tower 84.95
Corsair Vengeance 8gb 2x4gb 1600 65.76
Liton DvD Drive 13.15
R9 280X Gigabyte 230.47
Logitech Z323 Speakers 32.99 (Could not find the speakers you listed so went for what I thought might be close.

Thats just a little advice to maxise your build to the budget, this will provide much more power overall and future proof you for quite some time. Hope this help!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-build-advice.197960/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi this is my first time attempting to build my own gaming PC from scratch with a budget hopefully falling within a total of USD - After researching a few of the parts for the past few days I ve Gaming PC build please advise come up with a rough idea of what I want in the PC as listed below PCPartPicker part list http pcpartpicker com p bzk Price breakdown by merchant http pcpartpicker com p bzk by merchant Benchmarks http pcpartpicker com p Gaming PC build please advise bzk benchmarks CPU Intel Core i - K GHz Quad-Core Processor Newegg CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper EVO CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler Newegg Motherboard ASRock Z Extreme ATX LGA Motherboard Newegg Memory Corsair Vengeance Pro GB x GB DDR - Memory Newegg Storage Samsung EVO GB quot Solid State Disk Newegg Storage Western Digital Caviar Black TB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive Newegg Video Card Asus Radeon R X GB Video Card Newegg Wireless Network Adapter Rosewill RNX-N UBE b g n USB Wi-Fi Adapter Newegg Case Corsair R ATX Mid Tower Case Newegg Power Supply Corsair Professional W Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply Newegg Optical Drive Asus DRW- B ST BLK B AS DVD CD Writer Newegg Operating System Microsoft Windows Home Premium SP OEM -bit Newegg Total Prices include shipping taxes and discounts when available COMMENTS ON PART LISTNG CPU I chose the K as I am open to overclocking However still deciding if I should just go with the new Haswell since I ve read that overclocking doesn t really show results for a gaming rig not sure if I m confident enough of overclocking Motherboard Many builds I ve seen that use the K utilize this motherboard so I guess it goes pretty well with the Ivy Bridge Storage SSD for installing of the Windows OS and the HDD for installation of games and the like Video Card My nd choice as of the moment Open to possible SLI Crossfire configurations but unsure of which graphic cards are worth dual-pairing right now VERY open to suggestions and opinions on this Main Gaming PC build please advise choice is the new SAPPHIRE R X GB TOXIC Edition but currently not available in my country Hopefully it ll be released over the course of this month Case Read good reviews about this case Ideally a Mid Tower other considerations are -NZXT Phantom Black ATX Mid Tower Case Newegg -Cooler Master Storm Enforcer ATX Mid Tower Case Newegg Power Supply Enough for possible overclocking Any feedback and suggestions greatly appreciated Like I ve said I m new to building a gaming rig so I am willing to put careful thought into any opinions put forward nbsp

A:Gaming PC build please advise

Hi, this is my first time attempting to build my own gaming PC from scratch with a budget hopefully falling within a total of USD$1200-$1500. After researching a few of the parts for the past few days, I've come up with a rough idea of what I want in the PC as listed below.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/22bzk
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/22bzk/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/22bzk/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.99 @ Newegg)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($35.98 @ Newegg)

Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($124.99 @ Newegg)

Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($92.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($99.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($89.99 @ Newegg)

Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card ($316.13 @ Newegg)

Wireless Network Adapter: Rosewill RNX-N180UBE 802.11b/g/n USB 2.0 Wi-Fi Adapter ($17.99 @ Newegg)

Case: Corsair 400R ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.99 @ Newegg)

Power Supply: Corsair Professional 750W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($89.99 @ Newegg)

Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($24.98 @ Newegg)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)

Total: $1283.00 (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

COMMENTS ON PART LISTNG
CPU
I chose the 3570K as I am open to overclocking. However, still deciding if I should just go with the new Haswell 4670 since I've read that overclocking doesn't really show results for a gaming rig + not sure if I'm confident enough of overclocking.

Motherboard
Many builds I've seen that use the 3570K utilize this motherboard so I guess it goes pretty well with the Ivy Bridge.

Storage
SSD for installing of the Windows 7 OS and the HDD for installation of games and the like.

Video Card
My 2nd choice as of the moment. Open to possible SLI/Crossfire configurations but unsure of which graphic cards are worth dual-pairing right now. VERY open to suggestions and opinions on this. Main choice is the new SAPPHIRE R9 280X 3GB TOXIC Edition but currently not available in my country. Hopefully it'll be released over the course of this month.

Case
Read good reviews about this case. Ideally a Mid Tower, other considerations are :
-NZXT Phantom 410 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($105.98 @ Newegg)
-Cooler Master Storm Enforcer ATX Mid Tower Case ($79.99 @ Newegg)

Power Supply
Enough for possible overclocking?

Any feedback and suggestions greatly appreciated. Like I've said I'm new to building a gaming rig so I am willing to put careful thought into any opinions put forward.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-pc-build-please-advise.197868/
Relevancy 24.94%

As this is my first custom build PC I would like to confirm that these components are from the cheapest sources and are all compatible with each other I am a PC building noob and I am following a guide http www pcmech com byopc step- -materials-required Is this guide up to date and usable I play source games and I want to be able to record sometimes and get at least fps on most games the graphics quality must be around med-high My components please tell me if I can get it cheaper somewhere else and if they aren t compatible what do I need instead I am building a gaming rig as cheaply as possible without getting fps on every game like I do on my GHz laptop with gb of ram build first PC My custom Case http www amazon co uk Aerocool-Strike-X-Toolless-Tower-Gaming dp B NA A ref sr s computers amp ie UTF amp qid amp sr - amp keywords pc cases Price OS http www ebay co uk itm Microsoft-Windows- -Home-Premium-Oem- -Bit-SP -Operating-System- -Bit- trksid p m amp trkparms algo SIC amp its I amp itu UCI BIA BUA BFICS BUFI My first custom build PC amp otn amp pmod amp ps Price Motherboard http www amazon co uk P Z -V-Motherboard-CrossFireX-Intelligent-Processors dp B KZQE Q ref sr s computers amp ie UTF amp qid amp sr - amp keywords atx motherboard Price CPU http www amazon co uk Intel-Graphics-BX I -Generation-Technology dp My first custom build PC B CV E WK ref sr ie UTF amp qid amp sr - amp keywords Intel Core i - Price RAM http www amazon co uk Corsair-CML rmance dp B E M TU ref cm cr pr product top Price PSU http www ebuyer com -alpine-ii- w-b-white-psu-with- mm-blue-fan-alpine-ii- w-blue Price Keyboard My first custom build PC and Mouse I have a decent mouse Razer DeathAdder so I just need a cheap keyboard http www amazon co uk Octigen-JK- amp sr - amp keywords keyboard productDetails Price Graphics Card http www dabs com products gigabyte-geforce-gtx- -ti- mhz- gb-pci-express- - -hdmi- BP html q Nvidia GeForce GTX Ti amp src Price Thermal paste for CPU http www digitaldevicesonline co uk cooler-master-thermal-grease html Price Monitor I may not need a monitor I might be able to use an old one but if someone can find a small monitor VERY cheaply it would be greatly appreciated http www currys co uk gbuk comput s- -led-backlit-monitor- -pdt html Price Hard Drive http www amazon co uk Western-Digital- GB- RPM-Internal dp B A M ref sr s computers amp ie UTF amp qid amp sr - amp keywords gb hard drive Price DVD Drive http www amazon co uk LiteOn-IHAS - -AllWrite-Height-Internal dp B B SJZQW ref sr s computers amp ie UTF amp qid amp sr - amp keywords Internal DVD-RW Price CPU Cooler http www scan co uk products intel-reference-s -aluminum-copper-base-heat-sink-fan-oem Sound Card I m not too bothered about sound so I went for a cheap one but it needs to be able to play game sounds atleast to an OK standard http www ebuyer com -xenta- -channel-pci-soundcard-l- - c Price Not including monitor it totals around I need to get it cheaper and if I can I will get like a gb ram kit and wait till I have more cash and get the gb ram kit if I need to but I would mainly like to know if I can get my ideal cheaper else where and for things like the RAM I just want gb tell me if I can get a cheaper gb RAM kit for example I appreciate this is a lot of things to go through but I really would appreciate and I heard the TechSpot community is the best around and I m sure you will exceed my expectations Note I AM A COMPLETE NOOB I may have made a huge mistake so don t get angry and please spare me too much technical language nbsp

A:My first custom build PC

As this is my first custom build PC, I would like to confirm that these components are from the cheapest sources and are all compatible with each other.
I am a PC building noob and I am following a guide (http://www.pcmech.com/byopc/step-1-materials-required/) Is this guide up to date and usable?
I play source games and I want to be able to record sometimes and get at least 30 fps on most games, the graphics quality must be around med-high.
My components; please tell me if I can get it cheaper somewhere else, and if they aren't compatible what do I need instead? I am building a gaming rig as cheaply as possible without getting 4fps on every game like I do on my 1.8 GHz laptop with 3gb of ram...
Case: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Aerocool-Strike-X-Toolless-Tower-Gaming/dp/B00606NA0A/ref=sr_1_4?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1375030634&sr=1-4&keywords=pc cases
Price: £53
OS: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Microsoft-Windows-7-Home-Premium-Oem-64-Bit-SP1-Operating-System-64-Bit-/190862643411?_trksid=p3284.m263&_trkparms=algo=SIC&its=I&itu=UCI%2BIA%2BUA%2BFICS%2BUFI&otn=21&pmod=380651294248&ps=54
Price: £90
Motherboard: http://www.amazon.co.uk/P8Z77-V-Motherboard-CrossFireX-Intelligent-Processors/dp/B007KZQE7Q/ref=sr_1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1375033864&sr=1-2&keywords=atx motherboard
Price: £85
CPU: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Intel-Graphics-BX80646I54570-Generation-Technology/dp/B00CV3E3WK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1375034385&sr=8-1&keywords=Intel Core i5-4570
Price: £157
RAM: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-CML...rmance/dp/B008E3M4TU/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
Price: £50
PSU: http://www.ebuyer.com/520535-alpine-ii-600w-b-white-psu-with-120mm-blue-fan-alpine-ii-600w-blue
Price: £14
Keyboard and Mouse (I have a decent mouse (Razer DeathAdder 2013) so I just need a cheap keyboard) : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Octigen-JK-...99617&sr=8-9&keywords=keyboard#productDetails
Price: £5
Graphics Card: http://www.dabs.com/products/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-650-ti-1032mhz-1gb-pci-express-3-0-hdmi-8BP8.html?q=Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti&src=16
Price: £105
Thermal paste for CPU: http://www.digitaldevicesonline.co.uk/cooler-master-thermal-grease.html
Price: £2
Monitor (I may not need a monitor I might be able to use an old one, but if someone can find a small monitor VERY cheaply it would be greatly appreciated!): http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/comput...050s-20-led-backlit-monitor-11925669-pdt.html
Price: £70
Hard Drive: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Western-Digital-250GB-7200RPM-Internal/dp/B00134A2M8/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1375101575&sr=1-1&keywords=250 gb hard drive
Price £24
DVD Drive: http://www.amazon.co.uk/LiteOn-IHAS120-04-AllWrite-Height-Internal/dp/B00B4SJZQW/ref=sr_1_6?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1375101823&sr=1-6&keywords=Internal DVD-RW
Price: £13
CPU Cooler: http://www.scan.co.uk/products/intel-reference-s1156-aluminum-copper-base-heat-sink-fan-oem
£4
Sound Card (I'm not too bothered about sound so I went for a cheap one but it needs to be able to play game sounds atleast to an OK standard) : http://www.ebuyer.com/48180-xenta-6-channel-pci-soundcard-l-8738-6c
Price: £4
Not including monitor it totals around £600, I need to get it cheaper and if I can I will get like a 3gb ram kit and wait till I have more cash and get the 8gb ram kit if I need to but I would mainly like to know if I can get my ideal cheaper else where and for things like the RAM I just want 8gb, tell me if I can get a cheaper 8gb RAM kit for example.

I appreciate this is a lot of things to go through but I really would appreciate and I heard the TechSpot community is the best around! and I'm sure you will exceed my expectations!
Note: I AM A COMPLETE NOOB, I may have made a huge mistake, so don't get angry, and please spare me too much technical language!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-first-custom-build-pc.194805/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi son cheap my First gaming for build, guys have been reading a few of the help First build, cheap gaming for my son me find the best build threads and as my son wants a pc that will play bf at moderate settings First build, cheap gaming for my son for xmas I ve decided to have a go at building one My budget is pounds sterling This is what I ve priced up so far x - quot Primo a quot AMD A DDR Ready Barebones Socket FM This includes a case a watt power supply and an asrock fm m b x - Kingston GB SSDNow V Drive SATA Gb s x - Arctic Silver Thermal Compound x - AMD Athlon X K Black Edition GHz x - GeIL Black Dragon GB x GB DDR x - Arctic Silver Thermal Compound x - His HD mb graphics card All of the above have been sourced from overclockers co uk baring in my mind I ve never built a machine before I suppose what I want to know is will the components I ve picked compliment each other and could you guys point me in the right direction if I ve missed anything crucial out Or for that matter if you could put together a better build for the same sort of money I have been advised to go for the best graphics card I can afford so this is the reason the build looks so graphics heavy Anyway thanks in advance guys just from looking at some of the other threads on this site I can tell there s a lot of you who really know what you are doing nbsp

A:First build, cheap gaming for my son

Some suggestions:
If you are not planning on overclocking the CPU, then you can drop off the Arctic Shield 5 Thermal Compound (which you have listed twice by the way). Thermal compound comes with most CPU's, and it works just fine as long as you are not overclocking too much.
You will need to up the RAM to 8GB (4GB is just meeting the minimum requirements on most newer games). Having 8GB of ram will give you that "Buffer" zone to be able to play all the games for at least a couple years.
You only put in a 120GB SSD drive. You will have that filled with the Operating System and maybe a couple games and not have enough room for anything else. I would suggest for now, dumping the SSD drive and getting at least a 500GB to 1TB 7200rpm hard drive.
Should also get a DVD/Bluray drive.
You will also have to factor in the cost of an Operating System.

Those are my few suggestions, I know other people will be adding in theirs too. Hope this helps you out some.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-build-cheap-gaming-for-my-son.197621/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have decided that I need a new PC and I have no idea what custom parts to choose; I want to build it myself, I want the best high end parts possible in an Intel build that can be overclocked when I need to. The price has to include at least 3 monitors and it needs to look EPIC like with LEDs, a case with a window etc. I have £3000-£3500 to spend on it. Please help me choose the parts, if someone could find them all in one place e.g Amazon so it saves me some time. The rig is for gaming, video editing and rendering sometimes at the same time.
Thanks guys,
-UnsungHero

A:My big budget custom PC build

Wait until Ivy Bridge-E comes out in early September, a 4930K with a couple of GTX 770/780's should be within your budget.

In the meantime have a look at what monitors to get, I.e. if you want 120Hz, IPS, size, resolution, etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-big-budget-custom-pc-build.195245/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello there I am looking into buying a gaming PC regarding questions gaming build Few PC and since I am not very PC hardware savy I figured id post and check with you guys I have looked around since I found a lot of threads with similar questions but I would still need some Few questions regarding gaming PC build more answers My budget is around max pounds I am currently using a laptop which runs like crap at the moment and I am just sick of playing on low settings I would like to be able to play games like skyrim on max even ultra with a few addons if possible and then BF when it comes out and so on hoping that my budget is able to do that I have all the needed peripherals already I am playing on a inch LED screen which has been working fabulous with my laptop On low graphics - - So far I have been looking around on a website named www pcspecialist co uk since I live in UK and it seems like ok prices I have no idea tbh First I went to the AMD custom build section on http www pcspecialist co uk computers amd-fm -richland and set myself up with this build Processor AMD A - K Quad Core APU GHz amp Radeon HD D Graphics Motherboard ASUS F A -M M-ATX DDR USB Gb s Memory RAM GB KINGSTON HYPERX BEAST DUAL-DDR MHz X M P x GB KIT Graphics Card GB AMD RADEON HD - DVI HDMI mDP - DX Eyefinity Memory - st Hard Disk GB quot SATA-III GB s HDD RPM MB CACHE Power Supply W FSP RAIDER SERIES RA- PLUS BRONZE Processor Cooling Super Quiet dBA Cooler TITAN This roughly ended up on When I grew up it was always said AMD is the best for gaming As you might figure out that was quite some time ago SIZE FONT Arial SIZE FONT Arial I read around and apparently Intel is the stuff you want right now so said and done I headed over to the Intel custom PC builder on url http www pcspecialist co uk computers intel-haswell-pc url FONT SIZE FONT SIZE I tried building it and it basically blew my budget away I have no idea what parts are good and if they are overpriced So first off Is the AMD build I made solid for gaming or is Intel actually the you want today and if so can you go to the site and build me an awesome computer within the budget Any tips or recommendations are very welcome for example if there is a better site I should use of if I should just browse amazon for the single parts and order them and build it myself I can build it np I think Thanks for taking your time with this SIZE FONT Arial SIZE FONT Arial SIZE FONT Arial SIZE FONT Arial Best regards FONT SIZE FONT SIZE FONT SIZE FONT SIZE SIZE FONT Arial SIZE FONT Arial SIZE FONT Arial SIZE FONT Arial SIZE FONT Arial SIZE FONT Arial SIZE FONT Arial SIZE FONT Arial Obzoleet FONT SIZE FONT SIZE FONT SIZE FONT SIZE FONT SIZE FONT SIZE FONT SIZE FONT SIZE Oh and I forgot I am gaming at x nbsp

A:Few questions regarding gaming PC build

With that budget, you can easily get an Intel based system. I think AMD is a better choice though since it leaves room for a better GPU. This is what I recommend: http://goo.gl/JW4Tt6. If you need Windows 7, I will need to downgrade some components.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/few-questions-regarding-gaming-pc-build.195250/
Relevancy 24.08%

This will be my first computer build, so I am pretty much lost on where to start even. I want to build a PC that is set up for some mild gaming, I'm not talking about running huge games just something like garry's mod. I also want it to be something I can use for music and movies, something that I can hook up to surround sound and will have good sound and something that isnt going to be sluggish while I'm using it. I feel like it would be pretty simple, and I also have a custom built computer that my motherboard just went out on (I did not build it) so I will be able to use some parts from that. So, any suggestions on what parts would suit me the best and what I need?

A:Wanting to build media PC and slight gaming

Can you post an amount you would like to spend on the machine?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wanting-to-build-media-pc-and-slight-gaming.196460/
Relevancy 25.37%

Alright guys I need help my laptop got the FBI virus -.- & im gonna get $1300 this year so I need help picking good parts for my 1K budget

A:PC build

What will you be using this PC for? (gaming, workstation, specific programs)

Will you need a monitor, peripherals and an OS? (I assume yes)

And to clarify, you are spending $1000 on this system, correct?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-build.193625/
Relevancy 24.94%

Heyy guys, just looking for a little advice on building my own computer, im into FPS games like call of duty, BF3, I also like Skyrim and RPG games, And Gmod, im wanting a computer that can run at high settings, dosnt need to be ultra, just high, I will be playing at 1920x1080, I have keyboard, mouse and a monitor, all I need is the insides to be decent enough to run high-ish games, and the bigger titles,

My budget is 350-400 ish if its possible let me know but the cheaper the better .

A:Help me build my computer

Well, $400 doesnt get you much. If you can get the budget to $500 you can easily be talking a nice PC for the price.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-me-build-my-computer.196289/
Relevancy 24.94%

My brother has asked me to build him a budget htpc.

He has already picked up a Silverstone LC10 case, I have an old 800 watt atx cheapo brand psu spare,

I am looking for a mobo, cpu, and ram bundle, for around £150.

I was looking at this, but to be honest im not to up on apus:
http://www.dabs.com/products/asus-a...5600k---4gb-xms-memory--8R0F.html?q=a8&src=16

This pc is for playing world of tanks, and other similar games at 1080p.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

A:Budget HTPC build

Try these components (I did amazon UK so if im incorrect on region sorry)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE
MSI FM2 A55

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE
Corsair Vengeance 1600 4gb stick (You can always add more later)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE
A10-6700

This processor has a better GPU and will give more than enough performance over the 5600

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/budget-htpc-build.195994/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello, I am building a new PC and I really wanted some feedback.

The PC will be mainly for gaming, I will do blu ray rips and connect it to my HDTV and ONKYO TX8522 receiver.

Case - Fractal Design Core 3000
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-H81M-D2V
CPU - Intel Core i3 4130
CPU Cooler - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO
GPU - Gigabyte GTX760 OC 2GB
Memory - G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x4GB DDR3 1600Mhz
PSU - SeaSonic 650W SS-650HT OEM
BR - BC-12B1ST BLU-RAY
Sound Card - Asus Xonar DX 7.1
HDD - Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB (Files)/ Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB(OS)
OS - Windows 8.1 64bit (When it will be released)

I guess thats it.

Like I said any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

A:New PC build

What is your budget? There are somethings that need to be tweaked, but I need to know your budget before I can proceed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-pc-build.196484/
Relevancy 24.51%

I'm searching for an ASUS motherboard that is compatible with my hardware parts below:

CPU: Intel Core i7 940 SLBCK Desktop CPU Processor LGA1366 2.93GHz 8MB
RAM: Kingston HyperX 6GB Kit 3X2GB DDR3-1600 CL9 240PIN DIMM XMP Triple Channel Memory Kit
Hard Drive: 750GB Seagate sata hard drive
DVD ROM: IDE DVD ROM

I would like an on-board video connection.
Thanks

A:ASUS Motherboard Suggestions for New Build

I dont think any LGA1366 have on-board VGA.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-motherboard-suggestions-for-new-build.196401/
Relevancy 24.94%

This is my first time ever building a PC and I m not very PC hardware savvy I would really appreciate it if someone would let me know if this build is compatible and if there are any fixes changes to be made please let me know I will be using this computer for gaming CPU Intel Core i - K GHz MB Intel Smart Cache LGA HDD TB TBx SATA-III of Help build compatibility with Gb s MB Cache RPM HDD Single Drive MEMORY GB GBx DDR MHz Dual Channel Memory MOTHERBOARD CrossFireX MSI Z -G PC Mate Intel Z Chipset DDR ATX Mainboard w Military Class OC Genie II HD Audio GbLAN HDMI Gen PCIe x x PCI-e amp PCI POWER SUPPLY Watts - Corsair CX W PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC VIDEO NVIDIA GeForce GTX GB X PCIe Video Card Windows bit OS Monitor x I was told by a friend to be wary of the power supply being only W Would it be recommended to raise it Thanks to anyone who takes their time to read help out I greatly appreciate any and all help nbsp

A:Help with compatibility of build

Everything is compatible.

acrippledninja said:

I was told by a friend to be wary of the power supply being only 500W. Would it be recommended to raise it?Click to expand...

The 500W will be fine running a single GTX 760. However you did list a motherboard that supports two cards. AMD Crossfire anyway, there was no mention of SLI support.

GTX 760 GPU Engine Specs:

Minimum Recommended System Power (W) - 500W

The minimum power specifications have headroom for the average user.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-compatibility-of-build.196299/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi all I hope someone can help me out I recently built a new system and am having trouble with the audio no sound what so ever from monitor speakers or plugin speakers I am running Win Home Premium SP with an AsRock FM A Pro M B AMD A - K APU with Radeon Graphics GHz Gb Ram Nvidia GeForce GT Gb Graphics card I have read through and tried almost everything suggested within this forum but I am still unable to fix the problem There No audio from frustrated new build, very are no missing drivers the volume status bar reacts with music shows indicator fluctuating have plugged in headphones No audio from new build, very frustrated stand alone speakers but still nothing I am also concerned that I do not get a post beep when booting up I am not sure if I need a chassis speaker for this as I am using the same tower my last system was in and there was a post beep on that Does anyone think that installing a dedicated Sound Card may fix this issue Any help would be appreciated Cheers Tom nbsp

A:No audio from new build, very frustrated

Try running this: http://goo.gl/1pIzam.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-from-new-build-very-frustrated.195524/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello guys I have been thinking about building a new gaming desktop for a while now but my old idea pad finally died so it is time to do this I guess I really just need a place to start as well as some advice on specific parts my time gaming Build First budget is about - dollars Processor I was thinking I or I though I could use advice Motherboard Im really not sure what to use But I do know I would like quite a few USB ports plenty of room for ram and room for improvements graphics card I First time gaming Build like the nvidia Geforce GTX series though which one im not sure I Do know that I will be using monitors so outputs is a must The games I plan to play are starcraft Skyrim Fallout battlefield and the like I dont really care to play everything on max all the time but I would like to be ABLE to go to max but be able to play normally First time gaming Build on high settings Power I really have no idea what kind of power source I would use so this is one place I need a lot of advice other This is the area where I feel im just going to forget something like what kind of heat sink should I buy to put in the processor Things like that would be very helpful In the end anything you guys can help me with is greatly appreciated Thanks in advance guys Also just saying im not locked into the Nvidia graphics card as I have heard great things about other cards as well nbsp

A:First time gaming Build

Something like this is a good base. You can get a slightly lower motherboard, leave out the sound card, and put more money into GPU and PSU. Other people can help with that.

Do you need to purchase a Windows license, monitors, kb/mouse?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-gaming-build.195799/
Relevancy 24.94%

So I nailed down which build might be good for me. I'm going to play games like MineCraft, Crysis 3, Skyrim etc, I'm going to be browsing and just normal working.

So this is what I found(the parts that aren't there are the parts that I don't need):

CPU: AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer Series CPU - 4.2GHz Quad(4) Core, AM3+ Socket,12MB, HyperTran

Motherboard: Asus M5A97 Pro AMD 970/SB950 ATX Desktop Motherboard

Memory: Kingston HyperX DDR3 1866MHz CL9 Desktop Memory Module - 4GB

Video Card: need help with this one

Power Supply: Corsair CX600
Now my budget is under $500. I need a graphics card with a VGA port(obviously as the motherboard doesn't have one, no I don't need HDMI). It totals up to $430 in South Africa (where I am, I don't want international items) I found all these parts outside South Africa, then looked for them

A:Help finishing off my build

Kingston HyperX is very good memory but you don't need the 1866 version for what you are doing. 1333 or 1066 should do you fine and they are probably cheaper.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-finishing-off-my-build.195505/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have this already!

Crucial Tactical 4GB Kit (2GBx2) DDR3 PC3-12800 ? CL=11 ? Unbuffered ? NON-ECC
DDR3-1600 ? 1.5V ? 512Meg x 64 ?

GIGABYTE GA-Z77-HD3 Intel Z77 (Socket 1155) Motherboard

3rd Generation Intel® Core? i5 3470 3.20GHz Socket LGA1155 - Retail.

Akasa Cooling Fan - 120mm

OCZ ModXStream Pro 600w Silent SLI Ready ATX2 Modular Power Supply

500GB WDC Blue Sata 3 hard drive

Windows 8 64bit

I need a PC case for this

A:Help me build a PC Gamer rig

Try to find a 7870, I like those.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-me-build-a-pc-gamer-rig.192148/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hey everyone I need some help with my newest build What are you going PC build Gaming to use the PC for Gaming video editing How much is your budget about Are you going to buy online or from a retail store newegg com Are you going to re-use anything from your current rig No Do you need peripherals like a monitor keyboard and mouse amongst others No Have you already bought any components Nope All new parts Do you already have an Operating System OS or Gaming PC build will you be buying one I ve got Windows Will you need any aftermarket cooling such as a CPU GPU cooler or a watercooling setup If you think I need more cooling or recommend water cooling I would like to know Part list so far- Corsair Obsidian Series D CC DW Black Aluminum Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case Seagate Barracuda ST DM TB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive EVGA ACX Cooler G-P - -KR GeForce GTX GB -bit GDDR PCI Express SLI Support Video Card CORSAIR HX Series HX W ATX V EPS V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC G SKILL Ripjaws X Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - C Q- GXM Intel Core i - Haswell GHz LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX I MSI Z -G LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX High Performance CF Gaming Intel Motherboard If I should replace add remove something from this please let me know Thanks nbsp

A:Gaming PC build

Hey everyone, I need some help with my newest build.

What are you going to use the PC for? Gaming, video editing.
How much is your budget? about $3000
Are you going to buy online or from a retail store? newegg.com
Are you going to re-use anything from your current rig?No.
Do you need peripherals like a monitor, keyboard and mouse, amongst others?No.
Have you already bought any components?Nope. All new parts.
Do you already have an Operating System (OS) or will you be buying one? I've got Windows 7.
Will you need any aftermarket cooling, such as a CPU\GPU cooler or a watercooling setup? If you think I need more cooling or recommend water cooling, I would like to know.
Part list so far-

Corsair Obsidian Series 800D CC800DW Black Aluminum / Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case
Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
EVGA ACX Cooler 03G-P4-2784-KR GeForce GTX 780 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 SLI Support Video Card
CORSAIR HX Series HX850 850W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC ...
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2400 (PC3 19200) Desktop Memory Model F3-2400C11Q-32GXM
Intel Core i7-4770 Haswell 3.4GHz LGA 1150 84W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX80646I74770
MSI Z87-G43 LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX High Performance CF Gaming Intel Motherboard

If I should replace/add/remove something from this, please let me know.

Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-pc-build.195022/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi,

I'm planning on buying this ->http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130918

I just wanted to know if it would work in my build(part list below).

COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2 ...98355780
CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) ...98355780
Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz ...98355780
SeaSonic G Series SSR-550RM 550W ATX12V / ...98355780
HIS iCooler H777F1G2M Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition ...98355780 Which will be replaced.
ASRock Z77 Pro3 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA ...98355780
COOLER MASTER Elite 430 RC-430-KWN1 Black Steel ...98251416
Thanks!

A:Will this GPU work in my build?

Yes, but a 550W PSU is pretty marginal if you're overclocking both the CPU and GPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-this-gpu-work-in-my-build.194967/
Relevancy 24.94%

Corsair c black AMD FX- Sapphire GB Gigabyte GA- FXA-UD motherboard Coolermaster GX series RS w power supplyCorsair vengeance GB DDr blue Note that teh CPU and GPU are sold together and that the PSU and ram are sold together Total price new with shipping USD Future purchases include a XSPC RS kit for a CPU only loop Honestly im I little sad I cant get a modular PSU in a combo like that coolermaster Can anymore cut prices on this I build the ram psu together are if someone can find something better than that id be eternally grateful But yea im basically asking if anyone thinks they can do cheaper than that for the same specs FX and GB ddr IDC about the PSU as long as its at least w and as I said modular is fantastic also as sad as it sounds I want a black mobo-asthetics are fun to me Can I cut prices anymore on this build which is why im bothering with a loop later on Also just generally what do you guys think of that build id get gb but ram shot up in price for a reason unknown to me nbsp

A:Can I cut prices anymore on this build

If you're considering getting a WC loop with that 8350 then you might as well go for the 4670K + cheap air cooler for the same price (or lower).

I guess you could opt for a cheaper case to cut some of the budget.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-cut-prices-anymore-on-this-build.194697/
Relevancy 25.37%

Just ordered a New build PC new desktop PC parts from Amazon Main PC use VS VS VMW occasional gaming New PC build in SC- Unreal Previous purchase Monitor DELL U CASE Corsair Obsidian Series D http www amazon co uk gp product B L ZSWC ref oh details o s i ie UTF New PC build amp psc PSU Corsair HX Professional Series http www amazon co uk gp product B O RTFC ref oh details o s i ie UTF amp psc Mainboard Asus Maximus VI Hero http www amazon co uk gp New PC build product B D V Q ref oh details o s i ie UTF amp psc CPU i - K http www amazon co uk gp product B CV E XE ref oh details o s i ie UTF amp psc Memory GB G Skill DDR PC - MHz http www amazon co uk gp product B GKCV ref oh details o s i ie UTF amp psc Video NVidia GTX Tried to get ASUS but Amazon wouldn t deliver any of those to Ireland http www amazon co uk gp product B CY GP ref oh details o s i ie UTF amp psc SSD-s x Samsung Pro GB http www amazon co uk gp product B LI CTY ref oh details o s i ie UTF amp psc HDD-s x Western Digital Caviar TB http www amazon co uk gp product B RORMF ref oh details o s i ie UTF amp psc Wireless WNIC WIRELESS DUAL-BAND WIFI PCI-E http www amazon co uk gp product B YCGHB ref oh details o s i ie UTF amp psc It all came to about euro or It all should arrive within one week Can t wait to get my hands on all the goodies Also scared to think if anything comes DOA particularly the memory The rest should be fine I hope the choice of components is good Any comments are welcome nbsp

A:New PC build

Damn son! That's a sweet rig.

One question though. Why no aftermarket cooler?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-pc-build.194231/
Relevancy 24.51%

So I m thinking of maybe trying to assemble a pc I want a pretty powerful pc for gaming and video editing and found that the only way that is possible for my price range is to try and do it myself I was looking to build something around or less if possible Now after searching the internet for a bit I found a video on youtube for a video editing gaming rig ULTIMATE Build a Better Gaming amp Silent Workstation PC Computer quot How To quot Guide - YouTube I was build pc editing Want a gaming/video to wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to take down the price a little with some different options that might work just as well I was already think on getting just the ivy bridge i instead of the haswell and maybe a smaller Want to build a gaming/video editing pc SSD Any feedback would be appreciated Oh and here are the specs from the video if you don t want to watch it Intel Core i Want to build a gaming/video editing pc K quot Haswell quot CPU Amazon com Intel Core i - K Quad-Core Desktop Processor GHZ MB Cache BX I K Computers amp Accessories Intel Series GB SSD Intel Series SSDSC CW A K - Newegg com ASUS Sabertooth Z motherboard Newegg com - ASUS SABERTOOTH Z LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard Fractal Design Define R Fractal Design Define R Black Pearl w USB ATX Mid Tower Silent PC Computer Case - Newegg com GeForce GTX video card Newegg com - MSI N - GD GeForce GTX GB -bit GDDR PCI Express SLI Support Video Card WD Green TB hard drive Western Digital WD Green WD EZRX TB IntelliPower MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive - Newegg com Corsair Vengeance GB DDR RAM CORSAIR Vengeance GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR Desktop Memory Model CMZ GX M A C - Newegg com Seasonic G Series W power supply SeaSonic G Series SSR- RM W ATX V EPS V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Newegg com bequiet Dark Rock CPU cooler Amazon com Dark Rock PRO - Prozessork hler Computer Cpu Cooling Fans Electronics Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro headphones Razer Deathadder gaming mouse Filco Majestouch Cherry MX Brown key Stealth printed mech keyboard ASUS Pro Art Q quot monitor nbsp

A:Want to build a gaming/video editing pc

My suggestions:

- Stick with Haswell, newer is always better.
- Stick with the 240GB SSD, a 120/128GB one will fill up very quickly especially when you consider overprovisioning.
- Downgrade the mobo to something like the ASUS Z87-A unless you know you'll need the extra features of the Sabertooth.
- The GTX 780 is obviously the quickest card out there but it is also very poor value for money, you might want to consider downgrading to a GTX 770. Your monitor is only 1920x1200 @60Hz so you might not even be able to notice the difference between those 2 cards.
- Get a 750-850W PSU in case you ever want to add another card in SLI in the future. It's always a good idea to invest in a decent PSU for future upgrades.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/want-to-build-a-gaming-video-editing-pc.194555/
Relevancy 24.51%

So I was thinking and I decided that my current computer wasn t good enough for what specs, New time First Build builder games I was playing Then one of my friends gave me the idea to bulid my own gaming rig so here I am Here s my specs CPU i - k GHz Quad-Core Processor CPU Cooler Corsair H i CFM New Build specs, First time builder Liquid CPU Cooler Motherboard MSI Z -GD Gaming ATX LGA Motherboard RAM Memory Corsair Vengeance Pro GB x GB DDR - Memory Storage Intel New Build specs, First time builder Series GB mSATA Solid State Disk Some Guides I ve seen recommend getting a SSD for your operating system to be stored on and a hard drive for all your files games e t c so I m not quite sure whether to go for that idea or just SSD Video Card MSI GeForce GTX GB Video Card Case Inwin GRone Gray ATX Full Tower Case Power Supply Cooler Master V W PLUS Gold Certified ATX V EPS V Power Supply Optical Drive Lite-On IHAS - DVD CD Writer Thermal Compound Antec Formula Nano Diamond g Thermal Paste Operating System Windows Eight bit Cost Is this setup good Please don t post any upgrades because my budget was to so im already over If anything is overkill let me know Thanks for the help nbsp

A:New Build specs, First time builder

WOW, thats a nice build!

Although I gotta ask, what is it you do that would require the 4x8GB memory modules? Unless you are doing something spectacular, 2x8GB would probably be more than you need for a very long time.

Since you have chosen a mSATA SSD, I take it you have done your homework and know the motherboard supports mSATA. I had to double check to make sure you wasn't making a mistake. As for the 1 SSD option instead of 1SSD/1HDD, you can make that decision at a later date if you so choose.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-specs-first-time-builder.194225/
Relevancy 24.08%

As the title states I trying to find the perfect non-bottleneck formula Currently starting from scratch and building a compuer Minus to budget Insight build w/o bottleneck. gaming Trying Need computer throwing in my old old hard drive RAM and psu I cannot stress this enough I need Trying to build budget gaming computer w/o bottleneck. Need Insight a cheap but very efficient mid-range computer I am simply having trouble picking the right card cpu combo If I can less than what I am currently building that would be great This computer needs to be able to handle powerful games at a x resolution An Idea of what I want around - range http pcpartpicker com parts partlist Current pc Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting Trying to build budget gaming computer w/o bottleneck. Need Insight English System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Model p - BIOS Ver HOL ROM vHOL Processor AMD A - APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX GPU Geforce Gtx nbsp

A:Trying to build budget gaming computer w/o bottleneck. Need Insight

So what's the problem with your current PC? Your partlist isn't working by the way, take a screenshot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-build-budget-gaming-computer-w-o-bottleneck-need-insight.194117/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello Techspot community I m back again for some assistance for some recommendation for parts and advice for another build I know it hasn t been long since my last build in fact I haven t even finished it since the part hasn t arrived but I need to help someone else build a new Build PC Another Assitance Request computer The TechSpot community has been great to me for quite a few years and for all my builds and that s why I keep coming back for more help Hopefully it Another PC Build Assitance Request is not too much ask for some more recommendations Thanks in advance What are you going to use the PC for This PC is more of a low budget gaming PC the benchmark for this computer is Very High or Ultra Around max settings for Starcraft Benchmarks Browsing and probably a lot of video watching on sites such as Youtube Hulu and Netflix equivalents How much is your budget Preferably around This is the goal for the best computer at this price but can go over if the difference in terms of performance is great but with great reluctance to go over Where are you located and what sort of system do you currently have if any I e fill out your profile Located in California Profile is updated but it is an old build and irrelevant to the current build Are you going to buy online or from a retail store be sure to think about shipping costs in this case I intend to purchase only online and retailers I m familiar with are Newegg Taxed No Shipping and Tigerdirect No Tax Shipping unless promotion However I have Shoprunner so no shipping fee for newegg Are you going to re-use anything from your current rig Only going to be using peripherals keyboard monitor mouse etc Do you need peripherals like a monitor keyboard and mouse amongst others No Have you already bought any components No components have been bought as I don t trust myself to come up with the best combination but have high regards for the TechSpot community Do you already have an Operating System OS or will you be buying one this may add a significant amount of cost to a low-budget system Have an OS available for this build I apologize for the awkward formatting but once again thank you in advance to the techspot community and look forward to your responses nbsp

A:Another PC Build Assitance Request

SC2 has been out for a while so it has been optimized. Blizzard favors Intel by a wide margin though. For your budget though, we can only get in a AMD (unless I can cut back on other components).

CPU: AMD FX6350 ($140)
Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 R2.0 ($100)
RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance ($75)
CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo ($35)
PSU: Corsair TX650 V2 ($90)
GPU: EVGA GTX 650Ti Boost ($170)
Case: Corsair 200R ($50)

This build is a tad over $600, but it can play SC2 very well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/another-pc-build-assitance-request.194126/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello, im looking to build my own home surveillance system to act as a DVR with cameras. im looking to build it inside a normal midtower computer case. but I want all the cameras to be hooked directly to the computer and have a few terabytes of storage. some lists of ideas and/or builds you would like to share would be ideal.

A:Home surveillance system custom build ideas?

Have you contacted NSA?

P.S.
Ignore my stu-pid attempt at humor, I couldn't resist with all the NSA news going around. I'm sure someone with actual experience will join in.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/home-surveillance-system-custom-build-ideas.194183/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have a okay Questions Build PC machine ill link my specs at the end of the post but I was wonder what I could do to improve it over time also PC Build Questions I am planning on building a second machine for a secret project im working on how ever I do not what is the best I can get and by this I mean I literally need a computer that is or is as close to a super computer as possible as this project will be taking a lot more then what a normal machine handle or at least I think it will if im wrong ah well I will just use the rest of the machine for gaming ha ha This is supposed to be a Gaming Machine something extreme edition amd only cpus sorry I would post the proper motherboard but I have no clue what the name was and I cant find the box Athlon GHZ CPU bit GB ddr of G-Skill I think Sniper Ram color is black kinda fancy GB ddr of G-Skill Ram not sure if this one has a certain name Nvidia Geforce PC Build Questions GB ddr temp card I am planning on getting a new one I also got a really old wireless card that only works for XP bit im only PC Build Questions keeping it in case I convert my linux os to windows XP HDDs TB SanDisk Internal TB Western Digital External Mini gb I think Toshiba used to be external took it apart and made it internal lost the cord and could not find a new one gb Internal from my old machine Emachine I bought like - Years ago Disk Drives Dual layer dvd burner from my old machine If you need any more info please feel free to ask ill provide any information I can give nbsp

A:PC Build Questions

Wait, so you need help building your "secret machine"? Or upgrading your gaming rig?

Also, a supercomputer has terabytes of RAM and thousands of CPU cores. Your PC is not a fair comparison xD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-build-questions.193488/
Relevancy 24.94%

I ve been researching the parts I think will be good for a gaming computer I m hoping to build but I wanted to get some opinions on the parts I ve never built a gaming computer before and would like any advice you have on the parts Motherboard ASRock Z Extreme LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard Processor Intel Core i - K Ivy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX I K RAM Kingston HyperX GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model Build Advice KHX C D K GX Video Card EVGA G-P - -KR GeForce GTX FTW GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready Build Advice SLI Support Video Card Power Supply Unit CORSAIR TX Series CMPSU- TX W ATX V EPS V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Compatible Build Advice with Core i Power Supply also any advice in what to Build Advice look for for a tower would be much appreciated thanks nbsp

A:Build Advice

Heres my advice,

Mobo: Good choice, im personally more of an asus fan, but ive heard that Asrock are good as well. Looks like a nice board

Processor: Good choice, but if your interested, the new Haswell series is out which do show a nice performance up from the 3570k. Try checking into a 4670k and a LGA 1150 chipset board.

Ram: I like Kingston, nothing wrong with that set

Video Card: Go for a GTX 770 over it, comparing the cheapest options from both sides (670 to 770) it seem to be only about a 40-20 dollar difference. The 770 is a nice step up.

PSU: Corsairs are reliable, and that will be plenty so long as you don't plan on doing SLI.

As for a case, depends on your size you want, I personally like corsair cases as they seem to always know how to fit everything in a good spot with plenty of space. Try something like the 200R

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/build-advice.193224/
Relevancy 32.25%

I am soon building a small server computer and for this computer, I am getting 2 7200rpm drives. I am going to setup raid 1 for these 2 drives so if one fails, I have the other. I have never used any raid arrays before so I was wondering if it was worth getting a raid card supporting raid 1, or should I just stick with software raid. What are the downsides of using both? Thanks to anyone who helps.

A:Is a raid card worth it?

jobeard Will probably know best, but I can offer the little insight I know. RAID cards tend to be expensive, so that is something to take into consideration. Software RAIDs tend to slow down the CPU since the CPU must spend computing power driving the virtual (emulator) RAID array. I would personally avoid RAID, but for reliability purposes especially on servers, it may be worth looking into.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-a-raid-card-worth-it.193182/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello guys need ur help for my first build. I would like to build a strong pc for gaming and normal stuff. I have a laptop at the moment and dont have any desktop so its my first one. my budget is around 1600? to 1700?... what I have decided til now is

intel i7 3770k
asrock extreme 6 (mobo)
nvidia gtx 780 gfx card
cooler master CM 690II nvidia edition case
corsair hydro series h100i watercooling
corsair vengence 16gb ram
samsung 840 120 gb ssd
hdd and blue ray burnner have already
cooler master CXM 750 W moduler psu

so what do u guys think do I need a change or should I go with this configuration,,,,,,,,,,

A:My first build

I would go ahead at this point and upgrade to a 4770k, that will be a nice performance gain over the 3770k for about 20 euros more.

Also, if you ever plan to sli the 780, you might want a higher psu then that. But otherwise it's a nice build.

That's just my 2 cents.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-first-build.193215/
Relevancy 25.37%

Im trying to build a with Help my build first pc for gaming mostly RTS and RPGs I would like to be able to play these two up coming gaming on the max settings or at least close to that upon there release http www game-debate com games ind f Heroes and http www game-debate com games ind r Rome II My budget is around I don t have a brand preference so if you would like to make some suggestions from other brands please full free to do so I plan on ordering it within the next weeks I m a little nervous when looking for parts because I m afraid not Help with my first build everything would be compatible Your input is greatly appreciated Thank You NZXT Guardian Black SECC Steel Chassis ATX Help with my first build Mid Tower Case RB-BL http www amazon com gp product B ATVPDKIKX DER CORSAIR Builder Series CX W ATX V v PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply http www amazon com gp product B ATVPDKIKX DER ASUS M A R AM AMD SATA Gb s USB ATX AMD Motherboard http www amazon com gp product B ATVPDKIKX DER AMD FX- FX-Series Six-Core Processor Edition Black AM FD WMHKBOX http www amazon com gp product B ATVPDKIKX DER EVGA GeForce GTX Ti Boost SuperClocked GB GDDR bit Dual-Link DVI-I DVI-D HDMI DP SLI Ready Graphics Card http www amazon com gp product B ATVPDKIKX DER Corsair Vengeance Blue GB X GB PC - mHz DDR -Pin SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit CMZ GX M A C B http www amazon com gp product B ATVPDKIKX DER Seagate Barracuda GB HDD SATA Gb s NCQ MB Cache -Inch Internal Bare Drive http www amazon com gp product B ATVPDKIKX DER Asus xDVD-RW Serial ATA Internal OEM Drive DRW- B ST Black http www amazon com gp product B A H NMCPZH BO I have amazon pro so the total price of all these parts right now is with a copy of windows nbsp

A:Help with my first build

All of your links give me an error. This is a build I made for someone the otherday:
CPU: AMD FX-6350 ($140)
Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 R2.0 ($100)
CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo ($35)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB ($70)
GPU: EVGA GTX 660 ($220)
HDD: WD Black ($95)
PSU: Corsair HX650 ($105, but it is $90 after mail in rebate--which is equivalent to the lower end PSU)
Case: Corsair 200R ($50)​That brings you to exactly $800. That will crush any game though @ max settings . If you need me to lower the price of the build to somewhere near $750+Windows 7, I can do that. But this is the best build you can get for $800.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-my-first-build.193094/
Relevancy 24.94%

Good evening,

Just finished building a new system and it doesn't seem to post. It starts up and runs for about 3-5 seconds and shuts down. System includes the following:

Case - Rosewill Challenger U3
PSU - Thermaltake TR2 700w
CPU - AMD Phenom II x4 965
Mobo - ASUS M5A97 EVO
RAM - G. Skill Ripjaw 16gb 4 x 4gb
HDD - Wd Caviar Black 1TB
VGA - Sapphire hd7850 2 gb ddr5
Optical drives - Lite-on 24x dvd, LG 24x dvd

To begin all green mobo lights are on. Push power button and system power up. All fans are running for about 3-5 seconds. Then red cpu led flashes and system immediately shuts down. Installed cpu correctly and used artic silver thermal paste before installing heatsink. It can't be overheating in that short a time. Could it be a DOA cpu?

A:New build won't post

Do you have the 8-pin cpu power hooked up?

I checked if it is a cpu / bios version compatibility issue, and you should be fine there. That cpu was compatible with the board's very first bios version.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-wont-post.192775/
Relevancy 24.51%

Right now im running on a optiplex gx270 Dell computer. I was looking into upgrading it but after doing a little research it seems to be a better idea to have one custom built. The problem is I have no idea where to begin lol, I dont have any serious knowledge about computer parts but I would be needing something that could run smoothly overall. Also hopeing to play higher end games like diablo 3. Any suggestions?

A:How do I begin to build a custom computer?

hmmm...I would start by researching all the different parts that you may need, that's what I did! I then looked at the brands and different cards/models in more detail to pick the final parts (checking their compatibility) for the computer that I am using now.

Min. parts you will need:
- CPU
- Motherboard (ensure it can support the CPU)
- RAM
- A case
- A Hard Drive/SSD
- Graphics Card (optional, depending on if you have integrated graphics, but a dedicated is recommended for gaming)
- A Good PSU

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-begin-to-build-a-custom-computer.192614/
Relevancy 24.94%

Ok so I m a first time builder here with a budget of I use my computer for web browsing with a million tabs so 1st time build, lost :P open I admit lol music recording editing normally about or so tracks only lite gaming minecraft with heavy skin packs and will be doing small video editing like boxes of video in one frame and watching movies both blue-ray and the occasional live stream I use Windows themes skins on my computer and have more rainmeter gadgets than I probably need I ve come across some good barebones kits for but they lack a few things which I may not even need lol I definitely need a wireless card no cable running to my room and obviously a blue-ray player I don t burn music or movies onto CDs if I need to I already have a burner I m looking for a minimum GB of RAM Do I really need an SSD My mind keeps saying quot YES quot but my wallet says quot nope not in the budget quot I do already have a TB drive for storage I would just like an SSD for the OS and programs But if that s not feasible I have no problem with a small HDD So what am I looking for that will meet the needs of my use and budget Mobo CPU GPU RAM PSU Case SSD-or-HDD Blue-Ray Player Wifi Card and after market cooler heatsink everyone always says stay away from OEM coolers go after market So if I m not all that crazy and this is feasible I appreciate any and all help and hope to learn a good bit in the process please feel free to teach so I actually learn something I m not loyal to any brand so I don t care about any of that at least not yet Thanks nbsp

A:1st time build, so lost :P

matrix86 said:

(everyone always says stay away from OEM coolers...go after market)Click to expand...

I would only make that recommendation based on whether the person will be overclocking. Neither Intel or AMD will package their CPU with a cooler that not sufficiently adequate under non-overclock conditions.

Have you assembled a parts list or are awaiting feedback first?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1st-time-build-so-lost-p.192750/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi guys this is my first post have just finished putting together my first pc - when I turn the pc on the lights are flashing fans are spinning I do not hear a BEEP however keyboard and First Build Problems mouse lights are on as expected The problem is my monitor is not connecting to the pc quot Signal not found quot is the message that appears on the monitor before it goes into sleep mode I cannot see the BIOS and therefore cannot install my Windows OS The following is the list of components in my pc build - Asus P -I H Motherboard - Intel i - LGA CPU Ghz - Corsair GB Vengeance DDR - Gigabyte ATI HD - Western Digital TB SATA - W Corsair CX PSU - Windows -bit I have tried using VGA and HDMI cables I have tried using different First Build Problems monitors which First Build Problems have worked fine when I tried connecting them to my laptop Therefore I determine there must be something wrong with my pc but I cannot pinpoint the problem Any ideas or suggestions will be much appreciated Cheers nbsp

A:First Build Problems

Double check all connections on your board. It's not hard to miss a cable and forget to plug it in. It also isn't hard to plug some cables into the wrong spots on the MOBO. Make sure everything is secure and in the right place.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-build-problems.192444/
Relevancy 24.94%

iBuyPower 'Build Your Own' Gaming Desktop Bundle -Select Case, Processor, Memory, Hard Drive, and more - PRICE $1275

Case
(iBUYPOWER NZXT Guardian Chassis, Red)
Motherboard & Processor
(Intel Core i7-3770K (4 x 3.50GHz) Processor, BYO Bundle)
Operating System
(Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-Bit Edition)
Memory
(iBUYPOWER 16GB Kit (2 x 8GB) DDR3 SDRAM Memory Module)
Hard Drive
(2TB 7200RPM Hard Disk Drive)
Graphics Card
(NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card)
Optical Drive
(24X DVD+/-RW DL Optical Drive)
Save for later | Remove

A:New to PC gaming, is this a good build?

Those specs are solid for a Gaming PC. However, I'm positive you will save money if you just built it yourself. Also, that list doesn't include a PSU. So, you will need to pick a PSU for your build. The PSU is one of the most important parts. Thus, you always want to pick something with good build quality.

Is your budget $1275ish?

If you're open to building the machine yourself. I am sure myself or someone here could help you build a machine best for your budget.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-to-pc-gaming-is-this-a-good-build.191218/
Relevancy 24.51%

I m looking to enhance my PC gaming experience so I can play Skyrim with tons of mods the new Sim City new Bioshock and whatever else comes out that suits my fancy on high ultra settings for at least the next year or two Please understand that I am not well-versed in mods run me to a Skyrim Help w/ computer etc... build PC mechanics and have been a casual gamer for most of my life I ve never built a computer I m hoping to just put a better graphics card Help me build a computer to run Skyrim w/ mods etc... in my existing computer if possible I don t understand over-clocking or the significance of frame rates but I m teaching myself right now I am planning on buying a new HD monitor and a new video card so what I d like to know is Do I have a beefy enough processor enough power to handle a great graphics card what is the best card under dollars pref under for what I m looking to run and Can I do this without having to buy a new tower add new fans etc My computer specs can be found here I went ahead and bought the ASUS HD on a whim but it isn t here yet and I m wondering if I should send it back and get a better one I ve got the feeling from reading forums that I need something better Thank you nbsp

A:Help me build a computer to run Skyrim w/ mods etc...

You really only need to buy a new PSU and a new GFX card. Get at least a 550W PSU (only buy PSUs from Seasonic, Corsair, or XFX. I dont trust other brands). I would be safe and go with 650W. If you want to overclock you will need to buy an aftermarket cooler like the Hyper 212 Evo. I would recommend this graphics card instead: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130817
Get it while it is on sale. $325 for a 3GB EVGA custom 660Ti is a bargain. It is originally around $360. The 7870 is fine, but the reason I am recommending the 660ti 3GB card is that it is basically equal in performance to a gtx 670 since that version I showed you is overclocked. Also 3GB will allow you to play most games at high/ultra for the next 3-4 years. Even in a few years, you can just disable/lower some settings like AA for better performance. That is just for eye candy. Only get the 3GB card if you are gonna game at 1080P.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-me-build-a-computer-to-run-skyrim-w-mods-etc.191547/
Relevancy 24.08%

Iv been gaming for years, but when my desktop crapped out, I decided to go looking for a new one.. Sadly with no job, my budget is a whopping $450.. Could anyone help me with minimum specs and or point me in a direction where I can find a prebuilt desktop.

A:Trying to build a bear minimum gaming computer

There arent many gaming computers out there for that price. But you are in luck. There is a phenomenal Youtuber out there who makes a bunch of awesome videos regarding tech news and such. He also does videos about budget PCs every few months:

Instead of the case he chose, you should get this instead:
http://www.amazon.com/NZXT-Technolo...&qid=1365811357&sr=1-2&keywords=computer+case

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-build-a-bear-minimum-gaming-computer.191511/