Windows Support Forum

Radeon HD 4880 crashes after switching to M2N-SLI Mobo

Q: Radeon HD 4880 crashes after switching to M2N-SLI Mobo

I'm having some serious issues with my PC; I recently switched Motherboards to an M2N-SLI board with my Radeon HD 4880 graphics card. I updated my drivers and everything, but I still get crashes whenever I start a graphics intensive game (Portal 2, even CS:S) I'm not sure what it could be. Any help available?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Radeon HD 4880 crashes after switching to M2N-SLI Mobo

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Radeon HD 4880 crashes after switching to M2N-SLI Mobo

When you changed motherboards did you re-use the old hard drive? If so, did you reinstall Windows or perform a Windows repair? If neither, then try a repair first. If that doesn't work, you may have to reinstall Windows from scratch.
Relevancy 26.66%

I have a dell Inspiron 9100 with CPU ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 and will not work with Windows 10, I am looking for a replacement CPU that will work with Windows 10, I heard that ATI Mobility Radeon 9800 might work but not sure, any one have any thing on this.
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi everyone A few days ago I replaced my cpu motherboard and hdds on my system OLD System main components Case Antec v Cpu i Mobo Asus onboard realtek mobo low crackling) bk volume (very ud3h sound ac1150 issue - and Gigabyte p x d-e RAM corsair vengence gb x GPU Zotac GTX Boot drive Intel Gigabyte ud3h bk mobo - realtek ac1150 onboard sound issue (very low volume and crackling) gb ssd Win HDD WD TB black New System main components Case Antec v Cpu i k Mobo Gigabyte z x - ud h-bk RAM corsair vengence gb x GPU Zotac GTX Boot drive Samsumg evo gb ssd Win HDD WD Gigabyte ud3h bk mobo - realtek ac1150 onboard sound issue (very low volume and crackling) TB black I was able to clone the ssd and hdd samsung migration for ssd and Easeus todo backup for hdd Initally I had some driver conflict when I Gigabyte ud3h bk mobo - realtek ac1150 onboard sound issue (very low volume and crackling) booted up the computer on the new mobo I managed to uninstall all the old drivers and then used the driver cd to install the mobo drivers and even updated all of them to the latest version I The conflict I m still having is with the back panel audio for the onboard sound I get very low volume and and crackling at certain frequencies tried on both my generic creative speaker and Audio technical headphones When I m plugging in the speaker into the green port and have it plugged in half way or accidentally touch the jack to the I o plate I get really strong loud static noise Here is the list of solution that I tried with no success Updated the Realtek HD Audio Manager app I e the one installed from the driver cd to the latest one Used DPC latency checker and it is showing all greens didn t test it for more than a minute though should I be doing something while the app is on to test for interference Installed Generic Realtek driver for ac codec Disabled C E and EIST in the bios Played with the equalizers on Realtek HD Audio Manager helped to reduce bit of static but its still there and the volume is still very low Disabled all line in devices Checked audio with a ubuntu live cd and the problem still persists does this indicate a hardware issue What I find strange is that my front panel that is connected to the HD audio pins on the motherboard works fine with the same speaker and headphones I still have some more solutions I need to test out like Update the bios currently on F version the latest is F I have a spare asus xonar dg PCI so will try to install it and test if audio will works fine But this is not a permanent solution as I only have one PCI slot which I m using for my wireless card adapter Edimax g Run Memtest can this ever be a problem for sound related issues Driver Sweeper I believe I have properly manually uninstalled all the mobo drivers but going try this app to be sure Can someone please point me in the right direction on how to solve this This is the first time I m installing replacing a mobo and cpu so should check if there is a wiring issue when I replaced all the parts back into the case Please let me know if more information is need to help resolve this I have a few more days left incase I have to RMA the mobo so any pointers would really be helpful before I decide to send it back if at all TIA Sreejit S nbsp
Relevancy 25.37%

The AMD Radeon R9 Fury is expected to launch shortly, which might explain why we're suddenly seeing a whole bunch of leaks relating to the graphics card. The latest collection of information on the Fury, leaked by VideoCardz, includes both...

Read more

A:AMD Radeon R9 Fury specs allegedly confirmed ahead of launch

"This cooler isn't AMD's reference design, but the short PCB is a product of the memory modules being included right on the GPU's die."

Don't you mean the Interposer?
Relevancy 25.37%

AMD has released an updated statement regarding the noise issues experienced by the initial buyers of its Radeon R9 Fury X graphics cards.

Read more

A:AMD issues updated statement regarding Radeon R9 Fury X noise problems

Are they saying "screams like a banshee until we smothered it in glue"? Does anyone have a more engineered approach to the issue - like decibels at a specific distance?
Relevancy 24.94%

While the AMD Radeon R9 Fury X has been praised for its compact PCB and powerful closed-loop liquid cooling solution, many Fury X owners noticed that the pump block included with the card emits an annoying high-pitched whine, ruining what...

Read more

A:AMD revises Radeon R9 Fury X pump block to kill high-pitched whine

Kill every sound, AMD, but the whining will continue...
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi All,
This is my first post here
So the issue I am facing is that I have a Dell Laptop with dual graphics card (Intel(R) 4400 integrated and AMD Radeon 8850m dedicated). The System would not detect any AMD driver installed on it. The device manager was showing only the Intel Graphics Card being installed .
Then I went on to uninstall the Catalyst Command Center from Control Panel, wherein I completely uninstalled the AMD Graphics driver and everything related to it.
Now, AMD is not at all being recognized by my system. Device manager doesnt show it even in hidden devices, DriverEasy scan doesnt read it, Even Dell System detect is failing to detect the AMD graphics Card.

How do I proceed ahead with this issue.

Have I somehow unmounted the hardware internally?
Is there anyway besides a factory reset to get this working again ( I have concerns with a factory reset also not helping me )
What system scan tools can I use to get my laptop to recognize the Device again?
Please Help
Thanks In Advance

A:AMD Radeon 8850m device is missing

Have you tried going to Dell support site and down loading the orginal drivers and software for your graphics.
Relevancy 23.22%

AMD was excited to introduce a family of true next generation GPUs at their E3 event today. The Radeon R9 Fury X, R9 Fury and R9 Nano are enthusiast oriented graphics cards based on the Fiji architecture that will sit...

Read more

A:AMD announces Radeon R9 Fury X, R9 Fury and R9 Nano GPUs; also Project Quantum, a dual-Fiji SFF PC

Custom form factor requirement makes Quantum DOA. White box manufacturers won't touch it..only the Alienwares and the like will even give it a shot and they won't move enough units to make it viable.
Relevancy 25.8%

A barrage of leaks over the past few months left little to the imagination once it came time for AMD to officially unveil its Radeon 300 series graphics cards. Regardless, AMD filled us in on all of the pertinent details...

Read more

A:AMD officially announces Radeon 300 series graphics cards at E3

Hmm so the rebranded cards didn't get an GCN update to 1.2 which blows

The increase in clock speeds and Vram isn't enough alone.
Relevancy 25.8%

Graphics card manufacturer XFX has accidentally confirmed on their website that the upcoming AMD Radeon R9 390X is, in fact, a rebranded version of the R9 290X, which launched towards the end of 2013.

Read more

A:XFX accidentally confirms AMD Radeon R9 390X is a rebrand

Hmm. AMD really gave it their all when their released GCN 1.0 back in 2011. They released GCN cards from the top dog 7970 down to the 7730. From there, GCN 1.1 only saw 3 single GPUs and GCN 1.2 just 1 GPU so far.
Relevancy 26.66%

I am considering purchasing a MSI ATX DDR3 2133 Motherboard 970 for my new computer build, and heard from somewhere that it is not compatable with windows 7? Is this true?

A:Will my mobo work?

Where did you hear that? It will run Windows 7 just fine.
Relevancy 25.37%

AMD's upcoming Radeon 300 series graphics cards may end up being rebadged 200 series cards with minor tweaks but it's not all bad news for gamers. WCCFtech has it on good authority (they're confident enough to drop the "rumor" tag...

Read more

A:AMD Radeon 300 series graphics card pricing leaks online

Rebrands or no, that extra memory will put some pressure on NVIDIA's lower end cards.
Relevancy 26.66%

Well I never thought I would be making one of these threads So to start off my specs Mobo Asus z -a Cpu Intel k Gpu r Ram x gb rip jaws So I was overclocking my CPU lastnight and accidentally set the voltage to instead of I didn t realize until I booted it back into bios and saw the temp at Panic d and turned it off immediately and reset bios So after about mins with the cmos battery out I tried to boot it to no avail so I fry my Did mobo? or I CPU decided to let it sit with the battery out over night Fast forward to today still nothing I have it bread boarded right now found a speaker to plug into the board and it beeps indicating a post goes straight into quot preparing automatic repair quot then it does it again a few times until it s just the Asus splash logo where it stays frozen To clarify I have my mobo on a box with heat sink on using onboard video and stick of ram My mobo has a mem test option built in and it seems the memory is fine I ve tried it with drives plugged in and everything unplugged Did I fry my CPU or mobo? from it and it s all the same result I m able to boot into bios just fine and it reads all the drives plugged in as well Did I fry my CPU or mobo? as the memory Temps are like low s but it just won t boot past the post It won t even boot from a bootable Did I fry my CPU or mobo? usb Just freezes once it starts to load it So my question to you guys is is my CPU fried or is my mobo fried What else can I try I feel like I ve tried everything and it s driving me nuts One other issue I forgot to mention is after taking out my CPU and checking for burn marks which I didn t see any I managed to bend a few pins on the mobo which I feel like I fixed well enough regardless it s the same issues as I had before I even bent the pins If appreciate any feedbacks or comments nbsp

A:Did I fry my CPU or mobo?

So I tried a windows 7 install disk and the pc freezes about 4/5 of the way through windows loading files or just after its finished. It also won't automatically load the cd unless I go into bios first.
Relevancy 24.94%

Many in the PC gaming world are turning their attention to AMD's upcoming Radeon R9 300 series launch and specifically, the R9 390X. According to the latest scuttlebutt, this card will ship with two different SKUs - an air-cooled version...

Read more

A:AMD Radeon R9 390X variant will come water-cooled with High Bandwidth Memory

Having to resort to water cooling just to be on par with nvidia what a joke
amd with their hot running primitive brute force gpus
Relevancy 25.8%

AMD has quietly launched a new range of graphics cards designed for OEMs and system builders that fall under Radeon 300 series branding. Like with the HD 8000 series a couple of years ago, these cards are essentially all rebrands...

Read more

A:AMD launches Radeon 300 series rebrands for OEMs

I really like AMD but they've been disappointing lately
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi everyone,

I seriously need some perspective. I've ordered an Overlord Tempest X270 OC 1440p monitor. I'm trying to decide between:

1. 2x XFX R9 290X (CrossFire)
2. 2x nVidia GTX 970 (MSI/Asus Strix) (SLI)
3. Single nVidia GTX 980 PNY XLR8 Pro OC

Other parts are:

EVGA 850 G2
Intel Core i5 4690K
Asus Maximus VII Hero
GSkill Trident 16GB
Intel 730 Series SSD (480 GB)

Have been reading up a lot but am finding it hard to choose. Any help is greatly appreciated.

A:GTX 970 SLI, Radeon 290X CF or Single GTX 980 for 1440p (120Hz)

Only the first two options will get you to 120 fps on any game made within the last few years. I have a machine with an i7 and 970 SLI and a machine with an i7 and an EVGA 980 Superclock and at 2560x1440 only the 970s can manage... and not all the time. Most of the time I set my monitor refresh to 100Hz because there's a much greater chance that my cards can get me there.

I don't have any AMD GPUs atm so can't say about that but I will say that I've had one hell of a time getting XFX to honor their warranties in the past.
Relevancy 25.8%

Hidden in the latest AMD Catalyst 15.3 beta drivers, released alongside FreeSync last week, are a few pieces of information that hint at what might be in store for the upcoming Radeon Rx 300 series. Specifically, we might be in...

Read more

A:AMD Radeon Rx 300 series rumored to include many rebranded cards

It saves money on R&D and manufacturing as you don't have to research anything new or get in/ change any equipment which is good for the business as it's saving costs, but it is poor for technology and comes across as incredibly lazy. It's 2015 and they're still releasing cards produced in 2012, at least Nvidia cards offer some improvements, even if they are a rebrand.
Relevancy 26.66%

I've been playing World of Tanks on High graphics, but even just in the garage looking at my vehicles the internal temperature rises to a peak (so far) of 58C with my fan on 100%.
Is this too much for my computer?

A:AMD Radeon HD 5800 series 50C-58C

No - especially not for an AMD card.
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello Here is a quick summary for those who don t want the whole shebang I need suggestions for a good ATX motherboard and CPU that will handle simple games like Roblox and p movie streaming I have a nearly year old desktop computer nothing special at all It is the family desktop so it will not be used for anything other than super light gaming my nephew plays Roblox CPU/Mobo upgrade non for gaming on it surfing and watching movies I bought a BenQ p monitor for my own gaming PC and connected it to both that and this desktop to give the rest of the family a bit of an upgrade I noticed right away that the computer CPU/Mobo upgrade for non gaming already performed slower with this higher resolution It is also running a -bit processor and I have a copy of windows pro bit that I want to put on that machine so I need suggestions for a CPU and mobo that will run me less than buying a new computer from scratch The parts are all good and well maintained I just want to upgrade to bit so that we can take advantage of the free upgrade to windows and possibly even adding more memory in the future if my nephew starts playing higher quality games as he gets older EDIT my only requirement is that the motherboard must be full ATX since I do not want to replace the case Any suggestions are welcome Thank you nbsp

A:CPU/Mobo upgrade for non gaming

WorldFamousWiz said:

EDIT: my only requirement is that the motherboard must be full ATX, since I do not want to replace the case!Click to expand...

If you do indeed have a full ATX case, it will fit mATX as well as miniITX motherboards.

What exactly is your budget?

Newegg has kits anywhere from $100 to $800. -

These are nice kits for around $300
I know you said you didn't want to replace the case but for around 300 this is not a bad deal
You can find lower prices at Tigerdirect with smaller bundles. -
In my opinion don't get a kit with Celeron or Pentium, unless you are planing an upgrade in the future to i5 or i7. Bewarned though that Intel pricing doesn't fall as quickly as one would hope.

As for AMD suggestions, you'll need to speak with someone else. I'm not an AMD follower. I will admit that for the best savings AMD is the way to go. But then performance wise they struggle to compare to Intel, when you match prices. Which is the very reason I advised not to get Celeron or Pentium. The i3 or comparable AMD is the perfect performance level to be. Anyone needing more power will know they need more.
Relevancy 26.23%

Hey guys, I've just upgraded my 5 year old pc with almost everything new. I got an Asus Maximus VII Ranger & an i7-4790k cpu & other new stuff except my graphics card & ram, 2 x 8gb Hyper X Fury 1600mhz. What I don't understand is reading the manual about the speed of ram I can install.

4 x DIMM, Max. 32GB, DDR3 3200(O.C.)/3100(O.C.)/3000(O.C.)/2933(O.C.)/2800(O.C.)/2666(O.C.)/2600(O.C.)/2500(O.C.)/2400(O.C.)/2200(O.C.)/2133(O.C.)/2000(O.C.)/1866(O.C.)/1600/1333 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory *
Dual Channel Memory Architecture
Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
* Hyper DIMM support is subject to the physical characteristics of individual CPUs.

I would like to install higher speed rams like 2400mhz or higher if possible (are there even 3000++ mhz ddr available? Looking at my local shop, 2400mhz ddr3 is the highest) without overclocking but I'm lost at the " (O.C) " bit. Do I need to overclock them to get at that speed or can I just get rams that are made at that speed? Thanks!

A:Need info on RAM to install on new mobo

The OC means you will need to OC your motherboard to use RAM rated at that speed. If you are not planning on OCing, just get the 1600/1333 Mhz modules.

BTW the average person would never notice the differences in RAM speeds. Memory is not the bottleneck in computing.
Relevancy 20.64%

In a strange turn of events, Nvidia elected to use Epic Games' media event (instead of its own last night) at the Game Developers Conference to reveal its newest flagship graphics card, the Titan X.

Read more

A:Nvidia crashes Epic Games' media event, announces Titan X graphics card

Soo... What are the chances of a 6GB "980Ti" variant? A bit like the 780Ti was to the Titan Black?
Because it would be better for games and a hell of a lot cheaper

If the rumor mill is to be believed, the price is going to be $1,349, Most people who buy this for gaming will have no use of the double precision floating point prowess of the card, and the few that would probably should have spent a couple hundred extra bucks to get a proper Quadro!
Relevancy 26.66%

I heard that Gigabyte downgrade their boards with revisions of its original motherboards. It's easy to spot since they have Rev 1.1 or Rev 2.0 or Rev 3.0, but with a same EAN code shops can't tell the difference. Does this also happen with other brands? I'm worried that my next purchase, I end up buying a down grade version if I don't buy the first batch...

A:Mobo downgrade?

Even more reports are showing not only the 2 first models early reported had this issue... Got to think twice now when considering buying their boards. Shame, Gigabyte used to be a good option..
Relevancy 26.66%

Back again doing more upgrades on my old system.

I recently purchased a MSI|Z87M GAMING MATX R and a INTEL|CORE I5 4590 3.3G 6M R to replace my old MSI K9A2GM-FIH mobo and my AMD Athlon Duo core CPU.

Trying to find out the best way to the the change over, since my old components uses AMD chipsets and the newer ones will be Intel chipsets.

I'm, also, wondering if there is a way to install these items without having to do a clean install for the Windows 7 OS.

A:New Mobo & CPU

You are changing not only the processor, but the motherboard. You have to do a clean install of Windows. Windows must be reinstalled to work on the new motherboard or it wont work. The reason why is because different motherboards use different drivers due to the difference in their hardware. Fresh install will give you a whole lot less headaches.
Relevancy 23.22%

As you've probably heard by now, Nvidia is having a few issues with their GeForce GTX 970 graphics card. In response, AMD has lowered the price of the card's main competitor, the Radeon R9 290X, in an attempt to get...

Read more

A:AMD cuts Radeon R9 290X price amid GTX 970 "issues"

Meaning AMD could have been selling the card cheaper this whole time.

AMD needs to stand more firmly in their business decisions. Changing prices on a whim every time the wind blows, shows lack of confidence in their product to sell itself.
Relevancy 26.23%

Ok first I know this is the hardware section but because of the nature of my question this is the best place I feel it should go I am upgrading my motherboard Upgrading cpu question mobo and and CPU from Asus M A TD-V EVO USB Xtreme Design ATX AMD Mobo and an Amd Athlon II x Ghz to ASRock Z Extreme LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard and a Intel Core i - K Sandy Bridge Quad-Core GHz GHz Turbo Boost LGA Upgrading cpu and mobo question W Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics Now all hardware does work but my issue seems to be a software issue more likely than Win bit which I need to get a hold of the disc my brother has was a family pack thing Anyway my question is pretty simple I Upgrading cpu and mobo question hope Without doing a fresh install of Win bit is it possible in any form to get the new mobo and cpu working like maybe using the repair method or installing over the current installed win Os so I do not have to back-up a ton of data and re-install lots of programs Also is there Upgrading cpu and mobo question any other work-around that might help I do have a Tb external Hdd I plan to backup my C drive with either way but it would be great if I did not have to do a fresh install Again sorry if this is in the part of the forums nbsp

A:Upgrading cpu and mobo question

Just back it up, bite the bullet, and reinstall Windows to get things right. An intel mb is not going to work right with the AMD drivers installed.
Relevancy 26.23%

I have a D945GCR MoBo.... does it have a Graphics card port?

A:Does my mobo have a graphics port?

Nick OZ said:

I have a D945GCR MoBo.... does it have a Graphics card port?Click to expand...

Yes it has, the motherboard in question has a "PCI-x16" which means that all and any new graphics card (GPU) should fit. However, you may want to check what power supply (PSU) you have since new GPU might require more power.
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi Sorry for the long post but I wanted to provide as much info as possible for a better solution I have been experiencing strange clicking sounds please see link coming from my XFX HD lately or it can XFX PC noise, 4850 temp HD and clicking then High crashes be from PSU I have been using this card since years It XFX HD 4850 clicking noise, High temp and then PC crashes used to be very rare only at bootup but ever since I have started playing Bioshock infinite it has become much more frequent Initially I did not get any problems playing but last time I could only manage hr and then mins before pc crashed Today when I started the pc there was not any of that sound but XFX HD 4850 clicking noise, High temp and then PC crashes after minutes the hideous sound started and after few seconds pc shutdown This happened again and again with shorter time frames Interesting thing is I did not even played the game was only browsing the potential problem on the net Turns out it can either be -Some hindrance in fans spinning -Coil whine -PSU problem I couldn t pinpoint the exact problem I tried listening to it very closely could only guess that it was coming from gpu it also seemed very hot Using GPUz I started monitoring and gpu temp went from - C range to C within minutes before it shut down So it seems gpu is the reason I put a bit of load on gpu by emulating a game in pj during that time I had got my power outlets checked by a voltmeter few days ago the electrician said they were fine My desktop airflow is good never had a high temp problem with my cpu and side of the cover is always open My questions are -Can I underclock my gpu so that it consumes less power -Do I need to install ccc since I haven t earlier -I used an air blower a couple of months ago and also cleaned the gpu with a brush did nt find much dust or any object blocking the fans I can t rma since I had a bad time doing that in the last few times other h w long wait Also I don t have a built in gfx with this build What do you suggest Thanks Link screens and audio http s tinyupload com index php file id GPUZ min max temps Date GPU Core Clock MHz GPU Memory Clock MHz GPU Temperature C Fan Speed Fan Speed RPM RPM GPU Load GPU Temp DISPIO C GPU Temp MEMIO C GPU Temp SHADERCORE C Memory Usage Dedicated MB Memory Usage Dynamic MB VDDC V - - - - Update After I cleaned my pc again with air blower and also the gpu separately tested the system Starting temps were better from c instead of c and biggest difference was the dramatic reduction in fans rpm previously and now - rpm and noise But bad news is during those - mins the gpu temps kept rising again even at gpu load and once I put a bit of load on gpu - via pj emulater it rised to c before pc shutdown again So does it means I have to apply thermal paste too Or can this be fixed if I update the gpu driver Please any solutions suggestions wil be really appreciated nbsp

A:XFX HD 4850 clicking noise, High temp and then PC crashes

I'm having a bit of trouble following (more than likely my fault). What is the GPU fan speed during load?

If the RPM's seem normal, it could be thermal bond in the thermal paste that is broken.
If the fan speed doesn't appear to be normal, the fan itself could be broken.
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi there I m new here hope you can help me out with my problem So over the last couple of weeks I upgraded my I ve had this for about three or four crashes causing parts New years now CPU FX- Mobo Gigabyte GA- A-DS RAM GB MHz x GB GPU RADEON HD GHz Edition PSU W Novatech To CPU FX- Mobo Gigabyte GA- A-DS RAM GB MHz GPU R X MSI GAMING PSU W Novatech New And added in two SSDs New parts causing crashes I also upgraded to Windows Since I upgraded I ve been getting these weird black-screen crashes whereby the lights turn off on the keyboard and there s no response at all from the machine but the fans are still on at full speed I have to then turn the PSU off or unplug it Then I have to wait a few seconds before giving power back to the PSU in order to turn it all back on The first time the crashes happened was when I was playing COD AW and loading a map like Detroit or Recovery After I turned off Preload Shaders Which allows you to load up more information during the loading screen so that you have a smoother experience after it that crashing seems to have stopped So I just thought that was a bug with COD until I started looking at overclocking my CPU I ran Prime just to look at the temps and after a couple of minutes I got the exact same black screen crashes I think it might be the PSU because it s old and technically a value brand but I don t want to fork out on a decent PSU only to find it was my Mobo or CPU all along So yeah any advice would be appreciated nbsp

A:New parts causing crashes

Put your old RAM back in, see if the problem goes away. (Alternatively, run memtest86+ overnight)

Based on what you said, it will be much quicker to swap the RAM back and run Prime95.
Relevancy 26.66%

Ive been looking for one but there aren?t much choices to choose from for a micro ATX sized X99 motherboard, I looked at ASRock?s X99M Killer simply blows EVGA?s X99 Micro out of the water with better hardware specifications and features. It has twice the digital VRM phases for better power efficiency, dual LAN and more SATA3 ports..
Do you guys if its worth a look?

A:Micro ATX X99 Mobo

Don't bother with the EVGA one, just go with Asrock x99m killer, this one is quite good.
Relevancy 26.66%

Purchased new PSU tested ok green light comes on PSU, when I plug into MOBO the light goes off and I get no power. PC is DELL Dimension 8100

Next time u replace a PSU do not turn its power on until it is plugged into the MOBO.
Relevancy 26.66%

Thinking of getting a new mobo\cpu. Mainly for gaming. Will 300$ get me up to par? What kind of gains can I expect. What combo do you recommend? Iv read intel is far better at gaming since a lot of games go off of one core. One game I really want high fps in is Chivalry Midieval warfare.

Monitor 1920x1080
Budget 300$
Case xclio
GPU r9 280
Ram ddr3 4 x 2gb, 1600 mhz, patriot 1.8v, ripsaw 1.5v (running at 1.65v)
Hard drive 2x 7200 rpm
Cooling Cooler Master Seidon 120V (just got it a few weeks ago)

Current Mobo cpu
Cpu Amd Phenom ll quad 3.2 ghz

p.s. sorry my font got a little wacky

A:Thinking of getting a new mobo\cpu

These should do nicely, I think:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($174.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: MSI B85M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($49.00 @ Newegg)
Total: $223.99

Might want to add an SSD to your build too; the Crucial MX100 series would be worth looking into, if you're interested.
Relevancy 25.37%

This mobo got me wondering, packs alot of specs :
18 SATA ports (10 are SATA3 ports from the Intel X99 Express chipset, 8 are SAS ports stemming from the LSI SAS 3008 controller) and five PCI-E 3.0 x 16slots for 4-way graphics cards! 600$ motherboard for some serious business, I think this would be ideal for a video editing workstation..

A:Ultimate server / Workstation mobo? Asrock X99 Extreme 11

I'm probably one of the few that uses the ASRock Z87 Extreme11
There is always a market for their Extreme11 series boards. I use mine for a bounch of stuff gaming, media server, video editing with all 22 SATA ports even 2way SLI. Might be a bit over kill 4 way SLI but who knows...
Relevancy 35.26%

I replaced the mobo on my Dell 5510. Purchased from Dell. Sticker on mobo says BIOS ver A05. About every other day I get blue screen and physical dump of memory. My system info says my BIOS ver is A07. How do I go about changing BIOS? Is it as simple as pulling battery for 15 seconds? Some have offered this suggestion but I get a little worried at "friends" advice.

A:Replaced MOBO on Dell 5510 BIOS sticker on MOBO says A05, system in still has BIOS of A07

Removing the battery won't change the BIOS version. You need to download the version you require from the Dell site. From Windows you "flash" the BIOS. Take your time preparing for this. If anything goes wrong you will wreck your motherboard.
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello everyone I m having some problems activating my other with my other video card on my HP laptop with Windows bits I have been able to switch between both of the - my ati mobility radeon hd which i want to activate and my Intel HD Graphics There is an option to manually change between the cards on my desktop the ATI Catalyst Control Center version It is currently on High-performance GPU meaning the Radeon video card can't Radeon ATI Suddenly HD Mobility 6550 use my should be active Yet when I try to play a game or when I check my current computer technical details using Can You Run It the computer acts as though I m currently activating the Intel card Furthermore when I disconnect my laptop from the power supply the Catalyst Control Center asks me whether I want to switch graphic cards or not If I do agree or if I change the graphic cards manually using the ATI Catalyst Control Center the ATI Catalyst Control Center icon dissapears from the icons on my taskbar and an Intel icon appears allowing me to change some of the properties of my Intel graphic card but not to switch between the cards There is no way to get my computer to use or even pretend using like it did the Radeon graphics card Now I tried installing the Radeon s card s driver but there s an error message when i try Before I change the graphic cards when the computer appears Suddenly can't use my ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6550 to be activating the Radeon card it appears as though both of the card Suddenly can't use my ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6550 s drivers are installed but if I switch to the Intel one the Radeon card s driver doesn t appear in the device manager Now it worked a few weeks ago Suddenly can't use my ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6550 but it didn t work today I tried restoring to the most previous checkpoint which was days ago but all that did is make my computer appear as though it s running the Radeon graphic card Now I suspected that my graphic card has been disconnected but I m not sure just where it is and when I tried to look for it I figured it isn t worth the risk in case i don t succeed so i want to make sure that s the problem Any suggestions nbsp

A:Suddenly can't use my ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6550

What is the exact model number of this laptop? It seems to me that what ever graphics choice gave you the best video performance, this would be the only video you would ever use. Why the need to switch graphics adapters in the first place?
Relevancy 22.79%

I have a lenovo laptop. My laptop suddenly crashes . If it is not used for 1 week and then turned on,it works fine for 2 hours. If we turn on the laptop the next day ,it starts crashing with in 10-15 mins after turning on.
Please help me with this ...

A:Laptop Crashes

There could a list of things causing this. Overheating, Os corrupt, Conflicts in software., Bad battery and so forth. The best way to know if you are not sure is to have a local computer shop check it out. Or try running it in safe mode . If it will and run some test on it. Such as a software to check its temps. A good spyware program to check your os. Also a program to check the hard drive.
Relevancy 25.8%

Good morning I recently ordered an Asus GTX Strix and an i k CPU as well as a water cooling system for the CPU CORSAIR Hydro Series H i My current specs are as follows red text is what is being replaced Mobo i7 Extreme4 4790k? and 3 GTX970 for Gen P67 Upgrade CORSAIR XMS GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM Upgrade Extreme4 Gen 3 P67 Mobo for GTX970 and i7 4790k? DDR Upgrade Extreme4 Gen 3 P67 Mobo for GTX970 and i7 4790k? Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz P Extreme Gen motherboard Corsair W PSU NVIDIA GeForce GTX My rig is not meeting the demands of the newer PC games when I want to run on high ultra high settings with all of the tessellation settings and nicer effects turned on I may upgrade to a faster ram speed as well as increasing the amount of memory to or GB The question I d like to ask is quot Am I limiting the new CPU and GPU a lot by not upgrading the motherboard and also how much bottlenecking will occur quot I have about US left in my budget for a motherboard if it necessary to upgrade I d like to go on and place the order for the parts within the next few days but I can wait and do more research or just ask questions as I am now lazy research and hopefully gain better understanding of this all Thanks very much cheers nbsp

A:Upgrade Extreme4 Gen 3 P67 Mobo for GTX970 and i7 4790k?

Your motherboard is designed for the socket LGA 1155 series of Intel processors. The i7 4790k that you ordered is the newest Intel 4th generation of cpus called Haswell. It is a socket LGA 1150 processor and will not work in your current board as per ASRock specs.

Also, 8 gigs is more than enough for gaming. Unless you are doing video rendering and graphics intensive applications you don't need 12 or 16 gigs of RAM
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello guys,

I am on the hunt for a new gaming headset since I had to throw my old one out when I moved.

I have decided to put in a decent amount of money ( Around 150-200£ ) and I have had my eyes on Sennheiser 363d for some time now. It comes with a USB soundcard. I am unable to fit a soundcard in my PC since its a mini itx build so it sounds like a good investment in my ears.

I have also been checking out Turtlebeach xp seven however it does not come with a USB soundcard.

Now I am just wondering, My mother board :
Gigabyte Z87N-WIFI Motherboard
Has the following audio features :
Realtek® ALC892 codec
High Definition Audio
Support for S/PDIF Out

Is that sound good enough to handle on its own or do you think id get an improvement with the soundcard from 363d?

Have you any experience with 363d or Turtlebeach Seven? What do you think about them?

I appreciate any inputs, also if you know of a headset I have totally overlooked

Kind regards,
Relevancy 22.36%

A few months ago my computer started crashing when playing games. The screen would turn either black, white, (or once pink), the fan/fans would max out, and the audio would just change to a loud buzzing sound. This would continue until the laptop was turned off.
Around that time, one of my hard drives was failing. We thought, seeing as it fitted so well, that it was the problem. I've just had the hard drives replaced, and while it was running perfectly for a few days, it has now started to crash again, and far more frequently. Most of the time just after the desktop loads.

I'm currently running in safe mode, and that's perfectly fine. No crashing.
I've tried disabling my audio drivers, and rolling back my video card driver, but with no success. I'm assuming that as safe mode has no problems that it must relate to a driver, or, some software, but I have no real clue what I'm talking about.

My video card is the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580M, if that's important. No idea what other information to include. Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

A:Computer crashes increasingly often

Go to C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension. If there are any .dmp files, select them all and right-click, sending the files to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload this folder as file here
Relevancy 25.37%

I just finished assembling my first build. At first it turned on without a hitch, was able to install windows and a few drivers.

I had to restart a few times, which went fine for the first few times, and then it just didn't boot back up. The power button doesn't do anything, the fans don't start, nothing happens.

When I jump the psu, all the fans start, so I'm thinking the issue must be with the mobo..

Here's a list of all the parts I'm using :

A:Mobo issue? Custom build won't start anymore

First, are any wires touching that might be causing a short such as a wire touching the back of the mobo? Second, I had something similar happen to me a few years ago with a new build. There is a tried and true though often tedious way that can help diagnose possible issues.

1. Remove all hardware except for one RAM stick from the motherboard and this includes Sata and fan connections to peripherals such as your SSD, etc,

2. Now see if the system boots with only the one RAM stick. If it boots then shut down add the second stick of RAM and then reboot. If it boots then repeat by adding a piece at a time.

3. If is doesn't boot then it is either your mobo or your power supply. Also, check to see if your heat sink is seated correctly.

BTW, nice little system there.
Relevancy 25.8%

Hey all couple questions that 30cf mobo maybe Dv6604nr... quanta people smarter then me might be able to answer Been a looong time since I bothered with any of this stuff Yes its a crap computer Broken down and tired but I have very little money and would like this computer to drag along for a few more years before Dv6604nr... maybe quanta 30cf mobo I give up and scrape money together for a new one CPU Upgrade Someone smarter tell me what AMD processors I could dig up from some tech graveyard and plop into this thing I figured IF I can track them down they shouldn t be that bad price wise and I know I can Dv6604nr... maybe quanta 30cf mobo do this If upgrading is possible Who knows with HP Ram Upgrade Natch got this one figured out Dv6604nr... maybe quanta 30cf mobo Basically I guess I m just looking for someone to help me figure out what I can plop in here HP s website apparently hates me for some reason so I can t get a hold of the tech manuals for this thing That and I m going by what cpu-z tells me my motherboard is and I m not sure if that is correct or not Oh yes should mention I looked up that thing Which is why I am leery it doesn t really look like what is in this So tell me what information I need to give you what I need to do to get it and impress me with smarts Please nbsp
Relevancy 24.94%

Good day chaps, yesterday night I was casually playing a game (Aion > mmorpg) and I decided to put some music on(it was on browser, YouTube), when I pressed alt+tab to change it it started flashing telling me the exact issue : AMD DRIVER CRASHED AND FAILED TO RECOVER.

I got a bit scared when it gave me a blue screen, so I thought of asking for any tips or clues why it does that~

For unkown reasons, I can't upload the .dmp file saying either its empty, or The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension.

Hope you can help me and thanks a buck!~

A:Dell Inspiron 3512 AMD Radeon HD 8500/8700M crashed and failed to recover

Upgrade the driver and see if this helps.
Relevancy 26.66%

I have an issue with my brothers computer I have upgraded my brothers computer with a new PSU I connected all the ends and powered it on Because my brothers computer is an older one the new PSU came with a pin CPU v my brothers MOBO is a pin So I plugged it in closest to the sides The PSU s fan would spin the lights in the front would light up and I see the RAM indicator lights turn on but I never reach the boot screen of BIOS I double checked the connections nothing is unplugged I thought PSU compatibility mobo I either fried the MOBO or the PSU was a DOA So I placed the old PSU back in the computer plugged everything accordingly and it booted up with no PSU mobo compatibility problems I went back to the new PSU did the paper clip trick attaching the green wire to a black wire and checked all the connections with a volt meter to see if the connections are going through All the connections are supplied appropriately So I went back to the computer leaving the old PSU inside still attached I placed the new PSU to the side I only disconnected the pin connection and the pin from the MOBO connected to the old PSU Using the new PSU connections I ONLY plugged in the pin and the right half of the pin into the pin on the MOBO I pressed the power button still the same result No boot up screen at all just the fans spinning both PSU and CPU fans and the RAM indicator lights turned on Before I hear people saying did you plug in the video card the video card does NOT need power directly to it because is old there are no slots for one So plugging that in is not an option I don t know what to do about this I have absolutely no idea what is going on I cannot get the spec as the moment but I can get them as soon as I can Thank you for your time nbsp

A:PSU mobo compatibility

What is the new PSU model number, and just check if the 8 pin splits in half to form 2x 4 pin connectors as lots of modern power supplies do this.
Relevancy 26.66%

So after looking around for a couple weeks I have finally narrowed it down to these two options. By the way this is just a gaming rig only. So heres what I have came up with now consider both mobo/cpu setups they pretty much cost the same which is around the $550 area and are at my highest budget also both boards support 2x 16x PCI-E which would be nice for my dual 7970s.

First is:
Intel i7 4770k cpu -
Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 mobo (currently has a $100 rebate)-

Second is:
AMD FX-9590 Vishera Black Edition -
ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z AM3+ AMD 990FX -

By the way I forgot to add I have a fully custom watercooling loop with multiple radiators And everything will be powered by a XFX PRO 1250watt PSU so power and cooling is no issue with either setup I decide to go with. Thanks for the help open to any opinions.

A:Need help on picking Mobo/Cpu

death791 said:

So after looking around for a couple weeks I have finally narrowed it down to these two options. By the way this is just a gaming rig only. So heres what I have came up with now consider both mobo/cpu setups they pretty much cost the same which is around the $550 area and are at my highest budget also both boards support 2x 16x PCI-E which would be nice for my dual 7970s.

First is:
Intel i7 4770k cpu -
Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 mobo (currently has a $100 rebate)-

Second is:
AMD FX-9590 Vishera Black Edition -
ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z AM3+ AMD 990FX -

By the way I forgot to add I have a fully custom watercooling loop with multiple radiators And everything will be powered by a XFX PRO 1250watt PSU so power and cooling is no issue with either setup I decide to go with. Thanks for the help open to any opinions.Click to expand...

Do you intend to overclock at all is my first question.

But basically if your just making a gaming rig, the i7 will probably be the better choice for you.
Relevancy 30.53%

I am using a very old and slow MPC computer running Windows XP.
Someone gave me [out of pity] a 3 year old E-Machines computer running Windows 7. [beggars can't be choosy].
Anyway, how can I safely get my data from my old PC to the newer one?
I am not the sharpest tack in the box, so if you can tell me how to do it in simple terms, I sure would appreciate it.
Thanks guys.

A:Switching information from PC to PC

Doctor Gallop said:

I am using a very old and slow MPC computer running Windows XP.
Someone gave me [out of pity] a 3 year old E-Machines computer running Windows 7. [beggars can't be choosy].
Anyway, how can I safely get my data from my old PC to the newer one?
I am not the sharpest tack in the box, so if you can tell me how to do it in simple terms, I sure would appreciate it.
Thanks guys.Click to expand...

Someone else may have a better idea, but if you have a large enough flashdrive, save it all to that & transfer it.
I don't know if you could use TeamViewer for that or not .
Relevancy 30.53%

Hey guys,

Just signed up although I have been following these forums for a few weeks now

Just after some advice. Basically I have the FX-8350 but I'm looking at switching to Intel (specifically the 4770k) as I've been told it's better for the GPUs I have, currently running dual-290x setup. Someone said the 8350 causes a lot of bottlenecking and that I would get a lot more out of them if I switched to the 4770k? Can anyone attest to that?

A:Switching to Intel

The 8350 is more than enough. The i7 could gain you a few frames per second (FPS) depending on the game (somewhere from 5 FPS to as much as 15 FPS). I would keep the 8350 until more attractive CPU options come out like Haswell-E or the next generation of AMD FX CPUs or even the 5th generation of Intel's i7.

The reason I am saying this is because the 8350, while it may not perform as well as the 4770K (not by much), the 8350 completely serves your needs and there is no need to upgrade to a 4770K at this moment since it wont bring you that much of an improvement.

I hope this helps.

Relevancy 25.8%

Hey guys I had some contractors doing some work on my house today and they needed to shut the circuit off to the room my computer was in The computer was on at the time so it shut off when the power was cut Now it won t go back on Power button does nothing at all and I don t know if it s the power supply mobo or switch I ve got a power supply tester which causes my computers fans to start up when it s plugged in so the power supply does respond not Power mobo button working... issue? The results are in the attached file It shows LL which means to low to register voltage for the - V line I honestly don t know if I even have that line so I don t know if that s bad I attached the label on my power supply too Would Power button not working... mobo issue? no voltage cause a computer to completely not respond Because the fans DO start up when the power supply tester is plugged in I don t think the switch is the problem because I tried to short the power switch jumpers with a paper clip and nothing happened I also took the CMOS battery out for a while and then tried it again and that didn t work Any ideas on whether I need a mobo or a power supply I don t have an extra PSU around to test with but I may try to find one before ordering a new mobo thanks in advance -mike nbsp

A:Power button not working... mobo issue?

Not the switch. Could be the motherboard or PSU, but I don't have any good insight.

I would unplug the PSU and flip the 120/240V switch to 240V, then flip it back before plugging it in. To me, this doesn't make any logical sense, but over about 16 years of playing with PCs I have seen it work twice.
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello guys I will buy i5 4670k and 2 of these followings:

Asrock Z87 Extreme 4 Extreme4/
Asrock Z87 Killer
MSI Z87-G45

Sapphire HD7950 GDDR5 3GB 384Bit
Asus GTX760-DC2OC-2GD5

Can you help me on which combination of those mobo+graphics card gives me better performance? I be happy if u help on

A:GTX 760/ HD 7950 + mobo advice

Either combination would offer pretty much the same performance.
Of the motherboards, I'd go with an AsRock over the MSI. My personal experience with MSI boards is rather mixed to say the least. Of the two AsRock boards, they are similarly appointed, and should be similarly priced.
If you're looking at the overclocking ability, that is more down to the silicon lottery that is CPU fabrication rather than board ability. Both AsRock boards should feature the same OC headroom.

As for the graphics cards, assuming price isn't the main consideration and cryptocurrency minng hasn't sent AMD cards higher than they should be, both the GTX 760 and HD 7950 are well matched and capable cards. How they fare will depend upon which games you plan playing.

If it comes down to a reference HD 7950 and a vendor overclocked GTX 760, I'd go with the latter, and the MSI Gaming version over the Asus DC2. The MSI card will be quieter and likely have more overclock headroom.
Relevancy 24.51%

Laptop Model Acer Aspire G Graphic Card Model ATI Mobility Radeon HD MB 512MB) screen 5470 with problem Black ATI (Acer Aspire Radeon 4745G HD Mobility OS Windows bits Problem Laptop starting to turn to blackscreen constantly since last week At the Black screen problem (Acer Aspire 4745G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 512MB) beginning it still manage to back to normal after restart But then after few days it turn to black screen during every startup whenever it progress until window start-up animation I can even still hear the welcome sound although the screen is black I can still using the laptop through safe mode After that I google for some related solution and found that it s probably the graphic card display adapter problem So I disable the graphic card Radeon HD Black screen problem (Acer Aspire 4745G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 512MB) option under display adapter and it goes Black screen problem (Acer Aspire 4745G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 512MB) perfectly well But when I enable the graphic card option under display adapter in normal mode my laptop screen will turns black again back to previous problem I tried to uninstall the graphic card under display adapter and reinstall the graphic card driver download from Acer Support but the problem still appears The graphic card driver after reinstall is appears to be ATI Mobility Radeon HD series instead of previously ATI Mobility Radeon HD Is it normal or I download the wrong driver although it s from Acer Support What should I do to solve this blackscreen problem nbsp

A:Black screen problem (Acer Aspire 4745G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 512MB)

Try this:
1) Uninstall the all AMD software with this AMD Uninstall tool.
2) Restart your PC.
3) Download and install the latest stable driver (13.4) from here:
Relevancy 26.66%

My SSD is not detected in BIOS but when I run the windows CD it does recognize it as a partition. I just can't format and reinstall it, the windows message says it's because BIOS not detecting it. Anyone else experienced this or know the solution?

My MOBO is a gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP

A:SSD not detected in new MOBO

Did you delete the existing partition? If you delete all partitions on the drive, you should end up with all unallocated space, then you should be able to format, or just tell Windows to install on the drive and it will format it. BTW a "full" format is recommended in this situation (instead of a "quick" format), even though it's a lot slower, especially if you had Windows on it before (Google it for the long explanation why). Also try a different SATA cable and port if possible, cables can go bad.
Relevancy 26.23%

My graphic card showing error on Pc starting
When I start the computer it restarting with this error vt-x1550pci256

this error showing on top left on screen what I do Now ?

if u want more information let me know.
ps : sorry for my bad english
Relevancy 26.23%

Is it normal for the fan speed on my Radeon 4800 to be 0 when the card temperature is 71 degrees C?

A:Radeon 4800 Fan Speed is 0 at 71 degrees C

Download MSI Afterburner, see if you can manually change the fan speed.
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi all good to be a part of the forum I am building a new PC that will not have to be replaced in the next couple of years So first off I ll give you a brief of what sort of PC user I am Large PC mobo, others - for Ideas and TV new among keyboard, questions CPU, media Ideas and questions for new PC - keyboard, CPU, mobo, TV among others consumer I watch lots of television shows and keep them stored on my hard drive Also like to live stream TV Computer programmer Will be running Notepad primarily although Visual Studio and Adobe ColdFusion will feature as well Minimal gamer if Ideas and questions for new PC - keyboard, CPU, mobo, TV among others at all I might load GTA IV on to the machine if I get bored GTA V if it comes to PC Ideas and questions for new PC - keyboard, CPU, mobo, TV among others And MS Flight Sim Lots of data entry using MS Access as a front end mostly Casual web browsing High resolution RAW photo editing HD video editing Adobe Premiere After Effects and complex vector graphics Light CAD work and diagramming Impatient Everything has to be fast Fast load fast read write Use CompactFlash as external storage I am not doing anything by halves on this build and as such I have no budget okay I very much have a budget but it is not low So this is the list of hardware I am looking at purchasing http pccasegear com sc tmm My general thought process with the build - Media hub is important as I am constantly misplacing MicroSD- gt SD adapters plus using CF cards - Case design is important I love the design of Apple Computers and fail to see why PCs can t look like that However I am not limited to that case so if you could recommend anything that looks just as awesome please do so - Need speed particularly disk write read - Reason for multiple graphics cards is due to the large amount of monitors - that I will be attaching - Yes I know this is overkill But I m sick of having underkill My primary questions - What s a good CPU and motherboard Large number of USB ports is plus for the mobo and built in WiFi and Bluetooth is a huge advantage as well Though I do have a wireless card I can use if I must CPU just has to be super efficient and not strain under load I know very little about this area - What s a good way to do monitors I would like to have monitors The inch widescreen as shown on that page my current quot inch landscape and two portrait monitors I would like to have the two landscape monitors mounted on top of each other and the portrait monitors on either side I do currently have a HP monitor that can rotate between portrait and landscape as well as my Samsung quot However I don t know how to mount a normal monitor into portrait or what a good monitor would be for a portrait monitor - What s a good keyboard I navigate by keyboard primarily and do alot of typing I d also like a detachable or separate numpad for when I m entering lots of numbers into a database So any recommendations there - Good TV tuner card I have an AverMedia card at the moment and the software for that is just awful And getting it to work with Media Center was a pain Just want something that can plug right in and scan for channels essentially - Sound card and speakers I love good quality sound and I currently have speakers which are I want a really rich quality sound I know sound cards are generally unnecessary unless you are a sound enthusiast which I am not but I do want the best quality I can get Thank you all for any insight you can offer it s a lot I know nbsp

A:Ideas and questions for new PC - keyboard, CPU, mobo, TV among others

Here is a great place to start.

TechSpot PC Buying Guide - The Enthusiast's PC
If you would like to start by listing a few parts, there are several members here that can help you tweak the list.

You mentioned wanting built-in WiFi. I'm almost certain if you want a good motherboard, you would have to ditch that thought. A mPCIe slot is used for motherboards that come with Wifi, and they are usually only packaged with small form factor boards. I'm almost certain you don't want a small form factor for you build.
Relevancy 26.66%

Recently bought the GPU and realised that my current power supply wasn't quite good enough, so I went and bought an "emergency" PSU locally. Specifically an 850w PSU by Power Zone.

Now the GPU is amazing but sometimes I struggle to run some games on full settings, such as Assassins Creed 4, Shadow Warrior, etc. , and obviously I bought the card with intentions of running games on ultra with decently good FPS.

Now to the point, is it the PSU that could be holding me down? The recommended wattage on the AMD site stated it to be 750w. and I do believe that my system specs are pretty much good enough.

I'd also like to point out that a friend recently got a Radeon 7950 and claims to run above mentioned games on full settings with no problems. Again so he claims

Also included dxdiag info

A:Question about AMD Radeon 7990

May we ask what you and your friends PC specs are? It could be other variables at fault.

Never mind! Just noticed the specs are listed in the txt file.
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello for some time now been a few months now didn t really notice it at first I ve been experiencing weird horizontal artifacts in video playback They are computer-based as I can show you by pasting a screenshot They move and jitter during playback I also notice these artifacts even as I type to you with and Video HD errors 6800 artifacts Radeon now whenever I type I see the artifacts blinking on and off and they might stay on off I tried updating all my codecs and my GFX driver but that caused more problems as now a game I tried to play Orcs must Die had a weird horizontal crossbar going up the menu screen and other such weird behaviour This was not present in my former drivers so now I m thinking of a rollback or alternative drivers Omega Might be something to do with my ancient overheated and now dusty with age CPU that s probably suffered from overclocking over the years E but it also might be my relatively old GPU However I didn t have these problems during the first half of last year that much I know I m running Win bit with gb of ram Any advice beyond finally going ahead and changing the MB CPU and VGA Thanks nbsp
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi I want to boost my PC and I have a old Asus Motherboard.I was planning to upgrade to a Biostar Motherboard but am nor sure.Will the new PSU work on my old mobo?

A:How do I upgrade to a new mobo

Shatarupa said:

Hi I want to boost my PC and I have a old Asus Motherboard.I was planning to upgrade to a Biostar Motherboard but am nor sure.Will the new PSU work on my old mobo?Click to expand...

There are more concerns you should look at first, for starters is the socket type the same or do you plan on getting a new CPU along with it. Plus in my book, going from an Asus to a Biostar would be a down grade, why don't you post your specs and we can give you some assistance on upgrading your machine as just swapping boards would not change much if anything.

But to answer your question, Yes the PSU will still work.
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi ppl, I'm interested in 3d performance of 7790 on motherboard with pci-express 2.0.
Is it going to work or it wont work primary I'm asking cuz of movies so im wondering are 3d hd movies gonna be good or not?

A:Radeon 7790 on PCI-E 2.0

It will be fine, you should not have any problems, there is really no difference for that card PCI-E 3.0 to 2.0 specs.
Relevancy 26.23%

You hear all the time that the build up of static electricity from your body could short the components on the mobo. I know if you ground yourself you greatly reduce this risk but I was just wondering where the sensitive parts on your mobo were? Just any exposed metal part? Is the entire back of the motherboard sensitive? should you avoid touching the back at all? If so, how do you pick up and install your mobo?

A:Where are the sensitive parts on mobo?

All parts on mobo are joined somewhere, so discharging your static on any place will be bad.

Just watch out for the capacitors and any spikey exposed bits, and yes the back.

Pick it up from the sides, like a CD.
Relevancy 26.23%

I have bought a lot of asus products the last few years, though recently I have had a terrible experience with their customer service. So much so that I'm thinking of trying other brands, specifically for motherboards. I was wondering what others experiences have been with other brands of mobos (Gigabyte, MSI, Etc.). Which brands are most reliable? Hows their customer service compare? Stuff like that. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks guys!

A:Overall good brands for mobo's

ASUS is the best, but I wouldnt go with them if I were to build a Z87 based system because the gold color scheme is not for me. ASRock has been improving lately. MSI is eh. Gigabyte is the best overall brand other than ASUS.
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello I have been given an HP s Computer so I don t know the history The PSU was dead so I hooked up a good Antec Power button light and Asus M2N68-la no dead? MoBo means beeps cooling fans work but that s all Have systematically removed all hardware connections to the board including the ram keyboard amp mouse leaving just the PSU connectors there is no sign of life no post or video signal it has never beeped at all Having read countless posts I have come to the conclusion that since there are no beeps the Motherboard needs replacing As the original power supply was dead perhaps it took something else with it Before changing the mobo I thought I d see if anyone has an alternative suggestion I did read that there is a known fault with this mobo Plenty of Asus M2N68-la MoBo no beeps means dead? folks have video problems but it should beep Asus M2N68-la MoBo no beeps means dead? or spin up the HDD The specs are standard for this HP off the shelf The asus M N -la MoBo is rev Dual core Athlon x GB Samsung DDR Hope someone has a suggestion thanks Tony nbsp
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello I have been planning on investing in a graphic card soon At the moment my eyes are focused does really Radeon What TrueAudio , AMD it do? on the AMD R X It comes with the feature TrueAudio Which sounds awesome indeed Who wouldn t want it I know I want it but I don t have a clue what it is Amd describes it as following on their website quot With the sonic brilliance of AMD AMD Radeon TrueAudio , What does it really do? TrueAudio technology your games now sound AMD Radeon TrueAudio , What does it really do? as good as they look More acoustic bandwidth and capabilities for developers to play with plus a healthy slug of extra audio performance make for a richer in-game soundscape quot AMD Radeon TrueAudio , What does it really do? Does this mean there is something close to a soundcard in the GPU or does it add features to your own soundcard meaning you must have an actual sound card to be able to benefit from this feature Do you have any idea what it actually does and can put it in easy context so a retard like me can understand Best regards Obzoleet nbsp

A:AMD Radeon TrueAudio , What does it really do?

Without knowing myself, I'm going to say it sounds something like depth of field for visuals. Making audio sound as if it can be judged by how far away it is meant to be and the direction of which it is heard, by adjusting the strength of each sound within specific speakers. Probably a software implementation that can be turned on or off, depending on user choice and supporting graphics card.
Relevancy 25.8%

I have a Sapphire rhadeon 7850. It can run almost any game on highest quality. So I purchased Crysis the original off steam and attempted to run it at Very high settings. After about 10 mins the graphics card crashed. So I had to downgrade it to High. After about a day playing on high it begun to crash on high as well. I now can only run it on medium. Today it crashed while I was playing Planetside2 and it has never don't that before. And just a few minutes ago it crashed while I was playing saints row 3. I believe I have the latest drivers and I don't know exactly what to do in the amd catalyst. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Any suggestions would be helpfull.

A:Radeon HD 7850 crashing when I play games

Try the following things:

Uninstall and go through a Clean Re-install of your graphics drivers.

Download HWmonitor or your choice of GPU tempreature monitoring tool and see what type of Temps you are getting while playing games. Overheating will definitely make a GPU crash. (If it is overheating, go ahead and thoroughly clean your GPU. )

What is the rest of your computer setup?
What resolution do you play these games at?
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi all,
Can som1 help me?
I have a asus p5n-d mobo, that keeps giving the same error at start up " Cmoc checksum error - Defaults loaded". Ive updated the bios file from 0601 to 0801 and also changed the battery but I keep getting the same message.

Ive tried to reset the bios with the mobo cd but that aren't no help either.
If their arent anything else I can do, im thinking of getting a budget socket 1155 mobo with sli, could som1 recommended a mobo.

A:Asus mobo Bios error?

Clear CMOS And Update Bios
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello, I need a list of mobo that is compatible with my said processor.

and I ask if where can I buy it on Las Vegas, Thank you so much.

A:Mobo for Core 2 Duo E7500

I can't give you a list. It would be easier to simply look up the specs on the motherboard you are interested in. This day and age, the list is rather limited. If your OS is an OEM copy of Windows, you could be de-activating your copy with a different motherboard. If you possibly can, it is best to get the exact same motherboard.

As for shopping locally in Las Vegas, it might be better to ask someone locally. Members here are located all around the globe, and may not know anything about Las Vegas.
Relevancy 25.8%

So I got my graphics card, memory and cpu heatsink attached to my asus sabertooth z87 mobo and test with an external test. I get 1 long beep followed by 5 short beeps, although there is a small pause before the final (5th) beep. Now I only have the speaker in and do not have anything connected to a monitor. The manual says 1 continuous beep followed by 4 short ones is hardware failure but it doesn't say anything about a 5th beep that comes after a small pause. Could any of this have to do with the fact that I do not have a monitor plugged in anywhere? Other components:
GTX 770
Corsiar vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz
Hyper 212 EVO

A:First time external test with mobo

Okay so now I put it in a monitor and an error message came up saying cpu fan error and im in the bios screen now. anyone ever have this problem?
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello so as the title suggests my game crashes whenever Every for game reason crashes play I no I play any game for like minutes Some games don t even start up When they crash the game freezes and im Every game I play crashes for no reason forced to start task manager and end the process to get back to the desktop my computer does NOT bluescreen The weird thing is my computer runs like its brand new Every game I play crashes for no reason when not playing games I can run many livestreams and render videos very quickly its just the Every game I play crashes for no reason games which crash Specs not included in profile Corsair TX w PSU Arctic cooling freezer for processor Here are some of the solutions I have tried so far to get my games to work again - Reset to factory settings - Malware scan - Virus scan - Registry clean - Stress test on hardware - MEMTEST - clean out inside pc - Validating game cache on steam Its not just steam games that crash its all games - Defragmented my HDD and SSD - Removed any overclocks If anyone has any other ideas please please get back to me ASAP some people have said to unplug the hardware and plug it back in but I didnt know if this was safe Any other ideas are greatly appreciated If you need more info just ask Regards Luke nbsp

A:Every game I play crashes for no reason

Check your CPU temps and voltages. Are you overclocking? You may need to set voltages directly, instead of 'auto'.
Relevancy 25.8%

I 7850 Radeon lights on HD flickering 3d has games? appearing had tried playing Dota last night with my new rig just to test how much the graphics would differ from my old one Upon launching it I noticed some white horizontal lines appearing in the screen and only in the game Researching the problem people seems to Radeon HD 7850 has flickering lights appearing on 3d games? have been complaining about the AMD series and this particular problem for a while now But in some cases people had already fixed this problem I was wondering if anyone would be familiar with this and could help me with it The rig s GPU is a HIS Radeon HD and the monitor is a quot LG one with only VGA I am using a VGA to DVI converter that was included in Radeon HD 7850 has flickering lights appearing on 3d games? the GPU box the screws are a bit loose on this one so maybe this contributes to the problem I already had downloaded AMD s Catalyst but it didn t solve the problem Currently losing confidence on AMD cards now Probably should ve bought a ti Boost instead I prefer not to give up on the GPU though if possible nbsp

A:Radeon HD 7850 has flickering lights appearing on 3d games?

See if you can tighten the screws at all, but I highly doubt thats the problem, More likely a driver problem. It comes for some and doesnt for others in AMDs case as far as I can tell.
Relevancy 25.8%

So I'm trying to decide what mobo I want for my gaming/video ediiting pc build. I've gotten a few suggestions from people to really look towards the x79 mobo's that have the 2011 socket. They say that the 2011 should have a longer shelf life due to its support of future 6 core CPU's from intel. My question is do you guys thinks its worth getting a 2011 mobo? or should I just stick with the 1155 mobo? If you think 2011 then what 2011 mobo would you suggest? (going for a 1500 - 1700 dollar pc).

A:MOBO socket 2011 or 1155?

I think you should focus on what CPU you want to base your build around rather than the MOBO. That will make the choice for you seeing as a CPU is only compliant with certain socket types.
Relevancy 26.66%

Hey guys I m trying to decide on a mobo to use with i5 3570k. my options are:
1. MSI Z77A-G43
2. ASR Z77 Extreme3

which one I sud go for? I be happy if u help guys thanks.

A:Need advice on mobo

I would personally go with Asrock. I am not a fan of MSI and I have been liking ASRock boards lately.
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi, I'm trying to install the XFX Radeon HD 5450 1GB graphics card into an Acer Aspire x1301-U1312. So far, I physically installed the card into the PCI express port (x16) but it doesn't seem like it's recognizing the monitor. When I remove the card and plug the HDMI cable back in the integrated GeForce 9200 graphics card, it works just fine.

What's the best solution to this problem!?

Any whom, thank you.

A:XFX AMD Radeon and Aspire x1301

Did you install the drivers before you physically installed the card? That would be my first suggestion. Check to make sure you put it in the PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot and not the PCI Express 2.0 x1 slot. Also, try the DVI or even the VGA connections on the card to see if those work instead. You might have a bad HDMI port on the card itself.
Relevancy 26.23%

Does anyone own this graphics card? Please care to share some stable OC settings if you own this card by any chance. I can't seem to overclock it.

A:OC'ing the Sapphire Radeon HD 7770GHz Edition

What overclocking software are u using try using Msi Afterburner
Relevancy 25.8%

I recently put my computer tower in my bedroom hooked up to my TV.
Everything is great, except I don't have the internet (no cable and not looking to drill into my floor).

My router is close by and signal is strong so I just want to install a wireless network card.
Problem is, the ones I see online seem to be for the PCI-e slot. Well, I have a video card already occupying my PCI-e slot. It's also really thick so it also takes up two slots )covering what looks like to be the spot I would put the Network Card).

The only accesable slots remaining are the two white PCI slots at the very bottom. Can a wireless network card be installed in one of those slots? Got any recommendations for one that will work?

MOBO Specs here

Here's the Mobo

Thank you all very much for your help!

A:Which Wireless Network Card for my MOBO ?

Yes, you can use a PCI wireless adapter. There are various brands and models but I don't have a specific recommendation because I don't happen to use one. Most are not too expensive.

As an alternative you can use a USB wireless adapter. I've used one on the end of a 3' USB cable extension so I could move it around for better reception. I have this installed on one of my PCs and it's a Rosewill USB adapter with an external antenna (RNX-G1). The RNX-G1 has been superseded by newer models which I haven't tried yet but it works well and I like it a lot. I've used a couple other brands but Rosewill has worked the longest and most reliably so far. USB wireless adapters are fairly inexpensive and very simple to install. You just install the driver/software package first, then plug in the USB adapter, it gets detected by the PC, then select your wireless network (SSID) and enter the password. It gets its power from the USB port and needs no external power source.

Another alternative which I use on my main computer is a wireless AP or access point. These are generally much more expensive and require a bit of work to configure and set up but once it is set up all you do is plug it into your computer's LAN port via a network cable. No software needs to be installed on your PC except for the LAN driver which should already be installed. I use this method because it doesn't tie up any USB ports and I have several computers that I rotate in and out of my computer desk and all I have to do is plug in the LAN port, hit the reset button on the AP and it's connected. A wireless AP needs to be plugged in for power.
Relevancy 26.66%

Just a curiosity question, when building a computer from scratch, what do ya'll choose to do first:
Pick a CPU and then a compatible motherboard?
Pick a motherboard and then a compatible CPU?
Or something different?

A:Which do you choose first: mobo or cpu?

I tend to base my component choices around the CPU. A motherboard will provide effectively no performance increase for your system, and serves as a sort of connector for all your other components.

Definitely choose your CPU first, as it is a much more important decision.

That being said, it is still important to get a good quality motherboard.
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello. Is enough 400W Rexpower ATX12V power suply to run XFX Radeon HD 5670 videocard?
Thanks for answers.

(If you see that my english is bad, that's because I am bulgarian)

A:Can I run XFX Radeon HD 5670?

Yes a 400W power supply is enough to run a single Radeon HD 5670.
If you are running 2 Radeon HD 5670's in CrossFireX, you will need a 500W power supply.
Relevancy 24.94%

Late night I was in bed then I shock Static button... mobo case power fried? remembered that I needed to pay a bill that was due the next day So I jump out of bed and right to my PC I reach for the power Static shock case power button... mobo fried? button with my static charged finger unawares and get a shocking surprise I didnt actually press the button but the PC fired up anyway only to power down seconds later So I ground myself too late and press the power button Nothing no response Next I open the case and press the power button on the mobo no response The power and reset button on the mobo are lit up btw So then I unplug my power cord from the psu wait for the pc to drain completely then plug the cord back in Right when I plug the power cord back in the pc fires up then dies seconds later I ve tried -shorting out the battery -resetting cmos -screwdriver to the case power pin -bench test All with the same result Heres my hardware CASE Thermaltake MK-I Chaser CPU Intel Core i k GHz GPU EVGA GeForce GTX GB MOBO Asus P Z V PRO GEN MEM Corsair Vengeance GB DDR - x SSD Crucial M GB HDD Western Digital Caviar Black TB Windows Home Dont know what to do next I bought everything in February of so everything should be under warranty if qualified Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Static shock case power button... mobo fried?

Sounds like you've fried something important. You could probably try getting an RMA on the board, but they might realize what has happened.

I feel for you bro. I did a similar thing with a motherboard not too long ago.
Relevancy 21.93%

So I ve crashes caused Hard by motherboard? drive recently built a computer everything was working fine but after a month or so Hard drive crashes caused by motherboard? it started freezing randomly only fixed by restart Then on boot some hard drives would say they have bad sectors and Hard drive crashes caused by motherboard? failed SMART After a few weeks eventually the entire system crashed and would not boot on any of my drives I managed to get it boot on a CD and reformatted the SSD drive that the operating system was on I replaced the supposedly failing drives and things were looking good But it wasn t more then a week or two when it started freezing randomly again sometimes in the middle of activities sometimes when it was just left on And again saying the now brand new drive was failing though from everything I can tell it is not when I run disk checks from booting from a boot CD I m not expert so I have really am at a loss as to what to check I can t afford to keep replacing my hard drives and like I said it doesn t even seem to be actually true if I disconnect then reconnect the drive it seems to come up fine My suspicion is that either the SSD drive that the OS is on is causing the trouble or else its my motherboard Honestly I have no proof of either but I am pretty much out of my depth here Here is the general specs on my system Mother board ASUS P Z -V LK LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS CPU Intel Core i - Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics RAM CORSAIR Vengeance GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR Desktop Memory Model CMZ GX M X C SSD OCZ Vertex VTX - SAT - G quot GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD Video Card EVGA GeForce GS GB DDR PCI Express DVI HDMI VGA l have severaI other hard drives internal and external attached most of them don t seem to have any trouble the one that consistently fails is always label E even when I change the physical drive out not sure if that means anything or not Any help would be much appreciated not sure where to even start honestly Let me know if I need to make anything more clearly Lucas nbsp

A:Hard drive crashes caused by motherboard?

they have bad sectors and failed SMART.Click to expand...

S.M.A.R.T. is enabled in the HD firmware. Failures at that level are purely hardware related. Such failures create bad sectors.

Q.E.D.:- the drive is just cr*p.

IMO, the motherboard could never create a HD failure - - while software can do so as well as bad user procedures
(eg sharing r/w a folded and two or more users opening the same file at the same time).
Bad disk drivers would easily be a contributor too.
Relevancy 25.8%

AMD FX 4100

MSI 7770

I've built computers plenty but MOBO's have always thrown me off. As long as the CPU fits on the MOBO and you have enough RAM slots and the correct Vid Card slot... why pay $200 for a MOBO when you can get it all to run on a $50 MOBO? Just for expansion in the future? Quadrupling your price for a possibility of expanding isn't in my budget so what are your thoughts on a MOBO for these 2? I heard on you need a 9 series MOBO to handle the FX4100. Side note, I bought a 550W PSU

A:Have a CPU and video card - thoughts on mobo?

Well, price sometimes matters if you are an enthusiast. For example, some ASUS motherboards on the Z77 side go for like $400 bucks because they have better on board audio, and have the option to liquid cool the board (plus there are better passive heatsinks for improved cooling). These are just 2 examples of what your money will get. Also, higher end boards may have more SATA 6GB/s ports. I would recommend getting a $100 motherboard from Amazon or Newegg. Tiger direct is overpriced. I would put your money saved from the motherboard to getting a 650Ti. It will get you ~25% better performance over the 7770.
Relevancy 26.23%

Would this: Radeon HD 7750 1GB GDDR5
be a worthwhile video upgrade for my ancient PC or a waste of money?

Mainboard : Gigabyte GA-M61VME-S2, Rev.2.0
Chipset : nVidia GeForce 6100V
Processor : AMD Athlon 64 X2 5400+ @ 2800 MHz
Physical Memory : 4096 MB (2 x 2048 DDR2-SDRAM )
Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
Hard Disk : Seagate ST380815AS (80GB)
DVD-Rom Drive : Toshiba-Samsung CDDVDW SH-S203N
Monitor Type : Asus ASUS VH198 - 19 inches
Network Card :NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller #3
Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.01.2600 Service Pack 3 (32-bit)
DirectX : Version 9.0c (May 2010)
Thank you all

A:Would the Radeon HD 7750 be a worthwhile upgrade?

Hal24 said:

Would this: Radeon HD 7750 1GB GDDR5
be a worthwhile video upgrade for my ancient PC or a waste of money?

Mainboard : Gigabyte GA-M61VME-S2, Rev.2.0
Chipset : nVidia GeForce 6100V
Processor : AMD Athlon 64 X2 5400+ @ 2800 MHz
Physical Memory : 4096 MB (2 x 2048 DDR2-SDRAM )
Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
Hard Disk : Seagate ST380815AS (80GB)
DVD-Rom Drive : Toshiba-Samsung CDDVDW SH-S203N
Monitor Type : Asus ASUS VH198 - 19 inches
Network Card :NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller #3
Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.01.2600 Service Pack 3 (32-bit)
DirectX : Version 9.0c (May 2010)
Thank you all

It is not a worthy upgrade since the X2 will bottleneck it greatly.
Relevancy 25.8%

Guys,I m planning to buy a new cpu.Just come to know that very soon this series will release.I have budget about 255$ for gpu.can u tell me when will it release?so I can afford more powerful gpu with this money.

A:When will the Radeon 8000 or GeForce 700 series be released?

Well, I wouldn't expect to see any HD 8XXX series card this year. However, I'm not so sure about Nvidia.
Relevancy 26.23%

So I bought a Xeon CPU Intel Xeon E - V to put on a Asrock Mobo ASRock Z Pro The CPU desktop a mobo on Xeon idea was the Xeon CPU is less expensive and doesn t have the built in graphics that the i s do Since I had planned to use a discreet graphics card I figured this was Xeon CPU on a desktop mobo a good plan So I looked up the Mobo on Asrock s site and it said the Xeon CPU is compatible So I ordered it Got in the other day and I could not get it to boot with the Xeon CPU Computer would beep times very quickly Looked up the beep code - says quot Processor Error quot After spending about a day screwing with it calling custom PC shops around town and looking online I didn t have an answer Other people seem to have done this succesfully but not me I guess I finally said screw it and picked up an i locally I had to get this computer running to get work done Computer runs fine with the i CPU So now I have this Xeon CPU sitting in its little box and I would like to find a desktop Mobo to put it on and use it to replace one of the other old computers we have around here Does anyone know of a board that is confirmed to work with a Intel Xeon E - V Or am I just completely off my rocker Thanks nbsp

A:Xeon CPU on a desktop mobo

Your MOBO may have just needed a BIOS update.
Relevancy 25.8%

I was playing Dard siders Suddenly I got a call in my mobile So I left the game running w o pausing and attended the call Suddenly I saw my monitor screen went off I checked the power connections VGA cable connection b w the monitor amp the CPU They were all fine I just can t see anything in the monitor The monitor 7750 HD fan display working & 1GB) (Powercolor Radeon No stopped LED is showing the status of quot no I p quot LED going on amp off I got confused and tried forced shutdown amp restarted the machine Everything is perfectly normal Even the beep sound from CPU But still there is no No display & fan stopped working (Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB) display I was wondering whether the problem could be with the graphics card And later I confirmed it I found it lying dead inside the cabinet The fan is not running Hence I changed the VGA cable from the GPU port to Motherboard VGA port I saw the machine is ready for login in the monitor screen Therefore I decided that there is no issues any other components inside the cabinet I still had a doubt in the PCI slot of the motherboard Hence I swapped the GPU with another standy GPU ati radeon hd which I was using before I got the display from this card too Finally I concluded that the problem is with GPU only I was shocked since I bought this card for - INR last month No display & fan stopped working (Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB) only Even I changed My PSU which provides Watts added GB of additional RAM amp a additonal CPU fan I still dont understand what has caused this failure I removed the card to see any H W faults But there is nothing in No display & fan stopped working (Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB) the card It still looks good When I reseat the card amp turn the power on The fan starts to rotate amp stops immediately spins less than quarter of sec Can anybody suggest any troubleshooting which can be done from my side Or please explain what has happened nbsp

A:No display & fan stopped working (Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB)

Could not really tell you why the card went bad, But they do sometimes. If you have a warranty on it . I would send it back for a replacement. Seeing as it not your main board . All your other video graphics work.
Relevancy 26.66%

Okay guys I just built myself an computer X) First time took 20-25min to assemble Lol! anyways back to topic! I have an asus deluxe KV8 mobo it only has an AGP x8 slot im only running a 128mb ati radeon 9600XT any know of some good gpu's that I can play like fallout NV, Dayz, arma II, tf2, the cod's like bo2 and mw's,

A:Looking for AGP GPU to upgrade from Radeon 9600XT

The best agp slot card I know of is the amd 4670 1gb but it is hard to find and cost a lot.
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello guys, my processor is intel core i7 3930K, I am not sure which graphics card should I choose and what is the difference ?? pls help me

A:Which Radeon HD 7970 to buy?

Not a big difference. Without looking at the exact models, there's nothing to say but pick the cheapest one.
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello to all, my PC is old and not good I know, but I want to buy better video card and I need your help because I don't know much about computers. I want to buy Radeon HD 7750.
I have:
Motherboard: Gygabyte GA-945GCM-S2L
CPU: DualCore Intel Pentium D 940, 3200MHz
PSU total output is 400w max

So can my PC handle Radeon HD 7750 or I should buy a new one?

A:Can my computer handle the Radeon HD 7750?

Being one of the Lowest Card in midrange the 7750 and having a Dual core intel pentium D 940 it should be able to run perfectly even though ur motherboard only supports pci-e
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi guys had a quick question concerning my current build for my PC Here how it looks so far Motherboard ASUS M A X EVO AM AMD X SATA Gb s USB ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS Video Card SAPPHIRE - L Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card Ram X G SKILL Ripjaws X Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBXL Processor AMD FX- Zambezi GHz Socket AM W Eight-Core Desktop Processor FD FRGUBOX SSD Kingston Hyper GB Hard Drive Seagate Barracuda TB DVD Drive ASUS DVD Burner Black SATA Model DRW- B ST BLK G AS Power Supply CORSAIR CX Series CX W ATX V EPS V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply Case NZXT Crafted Series Phantom Black Green Trim Steel Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case Also plan on running Windows bit As for my question I read some odd reviews concerning the motherboard and larger amounts of RAM I looked and found that the RAM I planned on putting in was not on the QVL list Does this mean that if it is not on this list it will not be recognized by the motherboard Or is the RAM not Ok QVL? use RAM on to mobo's I have selected ok to use This is also my first PC I plan on building so any advice on the components would be very helpful Thanks nbsp

A:Ok to use RAM not on mobo's QVL?

The i5 3570K is only $25 more than the FX-8150 and a comparable Z77 motherboard isn't too much more either. At those prices there's not really any reason to go for the FX-8150 which is slower and uses a lot more power.

Regarding the SSD I'd go for a Crucial m4 over the Sandforce based Kingston for the same price.
Relevancy 26.23%

I recently bought a new graphics card, a monitor and a 600w power supply to support the graphics card. I also reformatted after installing everything, wanting my computer to be in the best shape possible. It works fine, managed to connect the DVI and get the screen working. However, after I downloaded the drivers for the graphics card and restarted, I was getting visual artifacts everywhere, and my screen was randomly going from blue to normal.
After uninstalling the drivers, everything was fine again. I tried the newest drivers, and the oldest. Still have the problem. The card doesn't show up in device manager or dxdiag, it only shows Standard VGA graphics adapter. I've tried plenty of things, but nothing works. Please help

A:XFX Radeon HD 7950/screen problems

So you have no video driver loaded other the default one and you're getting artifacts. It may be time to return that card.
Relevancy 25.8%

Will a Radeon 7770 Make Magicz its the overclocked version obviously 1gb ddr5 resoltuion 1366x868 or w/e the standards are lol will it be able to run battlefield on high/ulti

cpu I3 2120

A:Radeon HD 7770 in Battlefield on high/ultimate?

Well, at that resolution the 7770 would perform alright at medium/high settings, but don't go expecting any ultra maxed out settings
Relevancy 29.67%

So I am thinking about upgrading my cpu and switching over to intel but I cant really come up with any good reasons to buy a new cpu and motherboard other than my cpu is outdated and I would like to be able to record lets plays and gameplay. Are there any other pros to buying a new cpu? Like would the performance of my machine increase substantially or something?
P.S I was going to go with a:
Intel i5-3570k
ASRock Z77 Extreme3 ATX LGA1155

pc current specs:
AMD FX-6100-six core processor
16 gb 1033 mhz ram
XFX Radeon 6950
ASUS M5A97 motherboard
windows 7 ultimate

A:I am thinking about upgrading my CPU and switching over to Intel but...

Depends on what you're doing - if you do a lot of video encoding or CPU heavy tasks then it might be a worthwhile upgrade but if not then either upgrade your GPU if your main focus is gaming or SSD if you just want a more responsive machine for general use.

Unless your current CPU is frequently running at 100% there's no real reason to spend so much on an upgrade to a 3570K especially as Intel's next gen Haswell processors are coming out in a few months.
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello I have spent the last month upgrading my computer first was the ram then the video card and power supply a couple extra fans and last I now want to upgrade my my CPU can I in stick What mobo? CPU I honestly am having a heck of a time figuring out what cpu will work What CPU can I stick in my mobo? for my What CPU can I stick in my mobo? board I would like to get the best cpu I can around the dollar range Although for my mother board I don t believe there are a lot of options I know I could get a new mobo but I would rather just max out the one I have If any one can help It would be much appreciated My nerd skills are spent and now I ll need the advice of experts Here is my system break down Microsoft Windows Home Premium -bit SP AMD A - Llano nm Technology GB DDR MHz - - - Acer Aspire M G P The video card isnt pluged in yet but will be a SAPPHIRE Radeon HD OC GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x currently the video card is an integrated W LCD TV x Hz AMD Radeon HD D Acer Incorporated ALI any other info please just ask and again thankyou for any help you can provide nbsp

A:What CPU can I stick in my mobo?

An A8-3870k is the best you're going to get without upgrading your mobo.
Relevancy 26.23%

Recently this has come to light during my own research into mobile GPUs that are currently available on the market as I ve been considering replacing my aged i - M laptop with M GPU I had switching technology mobile graphics AMD problems... has "Enduro" even placed an order and paid for a machine but after reading much about the issue none of it from AMD themselves other than quot For those with M - Enduro issues are also being investigated quot by http twitter com CatalystCreator back on the th of August I cancelled before the unit was completed and shipped This is mostly a problem for Clevo EM EM based laptops which AMD mobile graphics switching "Enduro" technology has problems... have no way of bypassing the Enduro graphics switching unlike Alienware products which have a hardware switch Basically there is something very wrong with this immature technology Users are finding under utilisation of their cards for example Battlefield person multiplayer AMD mobile graphics switching "Enduro" technology has problems... fps dips with AMD mobile graphics switching "Enduro" technology has problems... lower recorded GPU utilisation when it should be going flat out Even worse is when the graphical settings are lowered to try and allow for more fps to be pumped out by the GPU the situation does not improve It is as if the Enduro tech is deciding that the lower workload required at lower resolution or graphical settings means it can lower utilisation further This means that someone with FPS issues at Ultra settings can drop to Medium settings and not see any improvement in output Threads about this http www rage d com board showthread php t http forums guru d com showthread php t http hardforum com archive index php t- html And many others Facebook awareness page https www facebook com Amd mEnduroUtilizationAwareness ref ts Many owners of systems with M graphics cards are now concerned with AMD s reluctance to comment on the problems that they are just going to try and sweep it under the carpet and move on to the next generation of GPU with the next generation of Enduro perhaps one that works No one is exactly sure if the problem is even something that can be overcome with a software driver or whether it is a hardware issue that the Clevo based laptops are stuck with nbsp

A:AMD mobile graphics switching "Enduro" technology has problems...

The silence from AMD on this is deafening. I honestly can't in good conscience recommend anything AMD related unless they get this situation fixed. The fact that they have tried to silence other manufacturers on forums says a lot. I would feel much better if they were just open about it and said what they are doing to fix the problem.
Relevancy 25.8%

I have an old Packard Bell iXtreme x5620UK and I am looking to put a new graphics card into it to be able to play the newest games on a more than 5fps rate (lol) and I want to buy an AMD Radeon 7850 HD graphics card, firstly this requires a 500w PSU and I have a 250 so I already bought a new one, it should soon be delivered, but anyway, can you guys please check the picture I put in, and tell me what slots those are, because it requires PCI-E 3.0 and I'm not too sure if I have it, and tell me please if I will be able to fit in it
Have a nice day \\m//

A:Radeon HD 7850: will my computer hold it and will it work?

Yeah you have a PCI-E slot (red one) on your mobo so it's compatible. Only question now is if your case is big enough to accommodate the card. Measure the length from the backplate of the red PCI-E slot to the hard drive or whatever is the nearest obstacle and compare it to the length of the card you're planning to buy.

What PSU did you get btw?