Windows Support Forum

No Internet access through both wired and wireless to any network laptop

Q: No Internet access through both wired and wireless to any network laptop

Hi Everyone Im haveing some serious issues with trying to connect my laptop to the internet Im hopeing someone would be abe to find a solution for me below is provided my ipconfig what it said when i tried ipconfig renew and when i pinged the ip address if you need me to post more information im more than happy to I bought a brand new Asus model laptop last month and have been using it perfectly with no interent issuesd at all until about a week ago when all of a sudden it stopped working when I try to connect to a network It says connected and internet access but whenever i try and access the internet through all three browsers i have through steam utorrent even mulitplayer games it just doesnt work Whether its connected wirlessly or directly with the ethernet cable ive tried my home internet neighbours universitys but they all network and wireless No both wired through laptop access to any Internet connect fine just no internet Can someone please be able to help me out also i tried the No Internet access through both wired and wireless to any network laptop winsock fix and also tried rolling back my last wireless update or whatever its called with no fix to the problem PLEASE HELP ME btw it says when im connected connected internet access which is really weird also bluetooth works fine i can connect my wireless headset and listen to music through it Also I just booted and ran Ubuntu off my USB to see No Internet access through both wired and wireless to any network laptop if its a hardware error and Ubuntu ran the internet fine was able to browse the web and everything through ubuntu so its clearly a windows problem When I performed ipconfig Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Dario gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe c c d b e IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap C C E E -DC - -B D-D C A FFF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap C - E- -B EC- E B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap F EF C- E- CC- EE-E B BAADEE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap D DCC - - D -BB -C CF FB C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix C Users Dario gt When I performed ipconfig renew Windows IP Configuration No operation can be performed on Wireless Network Connection while it has its media disconnected No operation can be performed on Bluetooth Network Connection while it has its media disconnected No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media disconnected Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe c c d b e IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap C C E E -DC - -B D-D C A FFF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap C - E- -B EC- E B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap F EF C- E- CC- EE-E B BAADEE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap D DCC - - D -BB -C CF FB C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix C Users Dario gt When I Pinged and C Users Dario gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Dario gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Dario gt nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: No Internet access through both wired and wireless to any network laptop

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: No Internet access through both wired and wireless to any network laptop

Hi, can u try using IP fix!!! if doesn't working try to disable your firewall.

and restart your computer!!! if still not working that's mean something wrong with your OS!!!

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-internet-access-through-both-wired-and-wireless-to-any-network-laptop.165147/
Relevancy 94.17%

I am not using the system download only because the request is concerning another laptop that I have no internet access with I am a first time user of the site and at best a novice with computer lingo but here goes At Internet Solved: or Laptop NO Access Wireless Wired w/ home where I presently am I have a wireless system the I Solved: Laptop w/ NO Wired or Wireless Internet Access can Solved: Laptop w/ NO Wired or Wireless Internet Access either use or I can plug a wired line directly into my laptop s I currently am using the wireless to communicate with the forum using my TOSHIBA Satellite The computer in question is less than years old and is a DELL Inspiron N When I plug the wired connection in it does not see it but it displays that the computer is connected to my wireless but when I try and access the internet through internet explorer I get one of the following messages The remote device or resource won t except the connection Or The Proxy Server is not responding Any and all help will be greatly appreciated Skip nbsp

Relevancy 82.56%

Morning I am currently having a problem with my friend s eMachines laptop At some point a few can't connected internet. to access network, the Laptop wireless weeks ago it stopped connecting to web sites via browser although he Laptop connected to wireless network, can't access the internet. had a strong wireless connection at home He brought it in to work for me to take a look Laptop connected to wireless network, can't access the internet. at I don t have access to the router as it is the company wifi network The problem has to be with the laptop anyway as my personal laptop and ipod touch are both connecting to the wireless network and loading web content with no problems I have tried a few things with no results and I don t mind starting from scratch in case I missed something Below I have posted ipconfig all for his machine connected wirelessly as well as PING for his machine s IP the default gateway the DNS and yahoo IP and domain Below that is the same tests run with the computer connected via cable to the network In addition I have added the same results from my personal netbook which is functioning correctly Any help would be very much appreciated WIRELESS IPCONFIG all for problem machine Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Owner gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Dagobox Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List SSG- Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix SSG- Description Broadcom g Network Adapter Physical Address -C -A -BF- -E Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address fe c a ff febf e Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff Lease Obtained Sunday September A M Lease Expires Monday September A M Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe ffff ffff fffd Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix SSG- Description Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address A- - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe efe Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled WIRELESS PING TESTS ON PROBLEM MACHINE Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Owner gt PING Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Documents and Settings Owner gt PING Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Documents and Settings Owner gt PING Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Documents and Settings Owner gt PING Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Documents and Settings Owner gt PING Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Documents and Settings Owner gt PING yahoo com Ping request could not find host yahoo com Please check the name and try again C Documents and Settings Owner gt PING www yahoo com Ping request could not find host www yahoo com Please check the name and try ag ain IPCONFIG WIRED ON PROBLEM MACHINE Mi... Read more

A:Laptop connected to wireless network, can't access the internet.

Well, I'm confused. Your wireless connection statistics for the "good" and "bad" machine look the same.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-connected-to-wireless-network-cant-access-the-internet.862304/
Relevancy 81.27%

have been using my laptop on my wireless connection for a couple of years All of a sudden I can t access the internet with it My wireless icon in the corner says Wireless Network connection connected and the strength is very good I tried to let the computer obtain the ip address and the dns automatically and have put the numbers in manually Neither has worked The laptop is a Toshiba Satellite running Windows XP The router is a Verizon Wireless Actiontec Ml -WR I ve tried using it right next to the router and it still doesn t work I ve tried rebooting the router with no luck Below is the TSG SysInfo results Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R M processor GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R GM GMS GML Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA Portable PC Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

A:Solved: Laptop says connected to wireless network, but can't access the internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-says-connected-to-wireless-network-but-cant-access-the-internet.1026801/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi everyone,

I managed to add an access point wireless router. I have 5 sales people that like to be able to email to costumer. Now, I can not seems to get those laptops to see the servers? they have access to the internet but I am not sure what I am suppose to do to set them up to see the network.

Is it the setting on the wireless router or because I set it up as access point? as you can already notice I am not too familiar with networking....!
Anyhow I have a Netgear WGT624v3 again I configured it as an access point they can surf the internet just fine.. BUT how can I do so they have access to out wire network??

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks,

AMD2800

Relevancy 80.84%

Hi i am new here My Original post is here - No access to Internet - Limited access for both wired and wireless - Microsoft Answers I have seen most of the threads going un-answered so i feel that i can get help from here Quote My HP Laptop WIndows Professional bit Intel Dual Core Ghz Ram - GB Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Yesterday i was working on my laptop and in background the AVG antivirus client was downloading the files I have Avira installed and had planned to uninstall it after AVG client would be done with toe download Suddenly i faced a blue screen and when i restarted Windows the AVG setup was incomplete i couldnt uninstall it so i did system restore but i was given some kind of bad image sector error i dont remember that exactly but the programs and features now didnt show any AVG installation i have gone through Windows troubleshooting steps and searched a bit on various forums but none helped I face this problem on wired network too the router seems fine as now im connected on my desktop from the same router And i know how to install the drivers and all connection both to Internet wired access wireless access - and for Limited No settings part ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Ok i just formatted the system drive reinstalled Win bit again and still i face the same problem I can access my router with wire and wireless but can't connect to internet I also did router reset just to try in-case if it'd work but it didnt I just accessed wireless internet on another laptop So i am sure we need to do something with the laptop Thanks

A:No access to Internet - Limited access for both wired and wireless

Welcome to SF,

Have you tried connecting your laptop to another Wi-Fi network or hotspot or somebody else's router and do a wired connection?

How about a wired connection to your Modem? What's the outcome?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/185527-no-access-internet-limited-access-both-wired-wireless.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I have 3 computers hooked to my network (1 wireless) all working and have internet services. I have another one with a fresh install of Win 7 Home Premium that I cannot get on the Internet with. I can see all of my computers in windows explorer and can ping all of them but cannot get on the internet with the new one. I have compared all Ipconfigs and they all seem to be about the same. I cannot hookup wired or wireless with the one. Nothing yellowed in the Device Manage except modem that I do not use. Comcast Cable Modem/Router Arris TC862. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Cannot access internet wired or wireless

Have you unplugged for 30 seconds and reset all your devices?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/298922-cannot-access-internet-wired-wireless.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Heres the setup Wired Internet *** Wireless Access through *** or Can't -Wireless Router-Main PC w Wireless Receiver card works great with the Router and a Netgear ProSafe port Ethernet Switch- nd PC the one I'm having problems on has ethernet connection Connects to the Network just fine but IE or Firefox won't display pages-Tried to Install a Wireless Receiver on nd PC and it connects to the Router but says the Internet can't be found-Had a lot of viruses spyware etc Have done thorough cleanup w MalwareBytes a Squared and Norton -Have ran the SmitFraudFix-Used the McAfee and Norton Removal Tools so no trace of those on the System Still have AOL's protection on there HERE'S THE HJT LOG Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet *** Can't Access Internet through Wired or Wireless *** Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon *** Can't Access Internet through Wired or Wireless *** exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system VTtrayp exeC WINDOWS system VTTimer exeC Program Files Digital Media Reader shwiconem exeC Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exeC Program Files Creative Shared Files CAMTRAY EXEC Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMyPrt exeC PROGRA COMMON AOL AOLSPY AOLSP Scheduler exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files a-squared Free a service exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exeC Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exeC Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYSC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter Wireless Network Monitor WLService exeC Program Files Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter Wireless Network Monitor WUSB GC exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http localhost R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local lt local gt R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - HKLM Run VTTrayp VTtrayp exeO - HKLM Run VTTimer VTTimer exeO - HKLM Run SunKistEM C Program Files Digital Media Reader shwiconem exeO - HKLM Run Reminder WINDIR Creator Remind XP exeO - HKLM Run Recguard WINDIR SMINST RECGUARD EXEO - HKLM Run RealTray C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYERO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run Monitor calibrator C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data QW QW i exeO - HKLM Run IPHSend C Program Files Common Files AOL IPHSend IPHSend exeO - HKLM Run HostManager C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exeO - HKLM Run EarthLink Installer quot E Windows access program files EarthLink TotalAccess Setup exe quot SE WindowsO - HKLM Run Creative WebCam Tray C Program Files Creative Shared Files CAMTRAY EXEO - HKLM Run CanonMyPrinter C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMyPrt exe logonO - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeO - HKLM Run AOLDialer C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLDial exeO - HKLM Run AOL Spyware Protection quot C PROGRA COMMON AOL AOLSPY AOLSP Scheduler exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot backgroundO - HKUS S- - - Run DWQueuedReporting quot C PROGRA COMMON MICROS DW dwtrig exe quot -t User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run DWQueuedReporting quot C PROGRA COMMON MICROS DW dwtrig exe quot -t User 'Default user' O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res D Office ... Read more

A:*** Can't Access Internet through Wired or Wireless ***

Fixed the problem...deleted the

"R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = http=localhost:7171
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local;<local>"

stuff from the hjtlog.

The internet still didn't work, but then I found the winsockfix tool and Microsoft's TCP/IP Reset Tool, and ran those...and the internet ran like a charm.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/225209/cant-access-internet-through-wired-or-wireless/
Relevancy 79.98%

I have two PC's that are hard wired into a network using a cross over cable. I do use a wireless router to access the net for a MAC.

I now want to add a laptop PC. If I add a wireless card to one of my PC's will it hook up to the network?

A:Adding a wireless laptop to a wired network.

I'm not sure how the crossover cable enters into the mix, why aren't those machines connected to the router? Since you have a wireless router and you have a MAC connecting through it, you should be able to use it with the laptop as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-a-wireless-laptop-to-a-wired-network.562183/
Relevancy 79.98%

I feel stupid about asking, but is it possible to set up a home network with a PC that is wired to the wireless router and my laptop that is wirelessly connected? I've tried both the "setup home network" and "setup wireless network", and either im a complete friggin idiot or it really doesnt work...
I really need to use the printer thats connected to the wired desktop from my laptop. No problems obtaining internet access wirelessly through laptop.

Desktop: WinXP Home
Laptop: WinXP Home
DSL Modem: Actiontec, Qwest DSL
Router: Linksys WRT54GC
-network authentication type: open
-data encryption type: WEP
-connection type: ESS
Printer sharing and file sharing is turned on on both computers, network group is the same on both, just cant figure out the dang network thing.

A:can I setup network with wired pc and wireless laptop?

Sounds like you've already done the setup that I am going to repeat below anyhow. Maybe you have 3rd party firewall issues to take care of. Tell us where in the following things go badly.

Run the Network Setup wizard (found in Control Panel of XP). Tell it each of your computers connects to the internet via "residential gateway" and that you want to enable file and printer sharing. If it complains about a cable unconnected, tell it to ignore.

Windows XP firewall (if SP2) will be properly configured by the wizard. You must uninstall or properly configure any 3rd party firewalls on each machine. Unique computer names and same workgroup, of course.

The Shared Documents folder is automatically shared. Any other folders or printers you want to share, just right click on them and sharing ... . When sharing a printer, accept the offer to load other drivers if your other PCs have different Operating System(s).

When you first go into My Network Places there will be nothing there. The first time you click on 'View Workgroup computers' will probably result in great disappointment. It takes awhile (20 minutes or so) before all the computers in the workgroup get up-to-date and accurate lists of the other computers. Often you can speed up this process via Search for other computers, and a few computer restarts.

When computers show up in My Network Places, double click on one to see its shares. If that includes a printer, you can right click on the printer to connect to it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-setup-network-with-wired-pc-and-wireless-laptop.468418/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hey guys,
All wireless machines can get wireless internet access, but I cannot get the network functional for file or printer sharing. Here is how it is connected.

DSL modem ---to---Linsys WRT54GS router ---to desktop with windows 2000 (by ethernet cable).

All other machines in the house are wireless and can get full internet access no problem. However, I cannot get them networked to be able to see each other and share files, and I would like to share the printer as well. The other devices are running XP.

Any help or direction you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

wardriod.

A:wireless/wired - internet yes, network no go.

This should help you out or start you in the right direction: http://www.homenethelp.com/web/howto/net-update.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-wired-internet-yes-network-no-go.582653/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi all, thought this is the best place to ask...

Is there a way to plug my computer into my LAN and have access to my home network but avoid using its internet access altogether? So that I can use a separate wireless network for internet?

A:Wireless Internet, Wired Network...

Quote: Originally Posted by dragotron

Hi all, thought this is the best place to ask...

Is there a way to plug my computer into my LAN and have access to my home network but avoid using its internet access altogether? So that I can use a separate wireless network for internet?

You could consider a "Virtual Private Network"?

Cheers!
Robert

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/43585-wireless-internet-wired-network.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi I have an odd problem - Dell Inspiron Laptop Win XP SP and a Dynamode Wireless Router When online using wireless there wireless with websites wired - but Laptop access Router with can some can't & are a few websites that I cannot access via the router But if I connect to the same router with a network cable then I can access those sites Wireless connection - Can connect to Laptop & Router - can't access some websites with wireless but can with wired most sites but one or two fail Laptop & Router - can't access some websites with wireless but can with wired - for example www disktrix com brings up quot Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage quot Choosing Diagnose Connection Problems gives no error Yet plug in the ethernet cable and the same website then works Pinging that site when using wireless gives Cannot Find Host and tracert gives Unable to resolve target system name I am sure there is a broken DNS list when wireless and a different DNS list is used when wired In Network Connections both the Local Area Connection and Wireless Network Connections have the same TCP IP properties - Obtain IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically As far as I can tell IPCONFIG ALL shows the correct addresses of both connections Any ideas I have tried flushing the DNS on both connections but that made no difference What is preventing the Wireless connection from forwarding the DNS request to the router I thought it might be the router but the only other device I can use wirelessly is a mobile phone which connects and brings up the same webpage so that seems to resolve the address ok Thanks in advance if anyone has some clues nbsp

A:Laptop & Router - can't access some websites with wireless but can with wired

ipconfig /all is identical (except for the device's IP address) for wireless and wired, right?

There have been a few cases where this symptom showed up with a particular (usually wireless) adapter and router. All the "solutions" I can remember were to buy a new router or adapter.

You can try updating the adapter's driver; and update the router firmware and then reset it to factory default settings and reconfigure. If you find a new fix for this you will be a trend setter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-router-cant-access-some-websites-with-wireless-but-can-with-wired.894613/
Relevancy 79.55%

I have a Webstar DPC2100 cable modem feeding into a WRT150N router. Up until yesterday it has been working fine wirelessly. This morning there was no connection, even wired. I reinstalled everything, more than once, checked all the settings, nothing appears out of the ordinary. I can connect to the internet directly through the cable modem. When I feed through the router, it all appears functional, the router correctly determines the dynamic IP address, but I have no access. In this configuration, I can still, directly wired through the router, access my MediaSmart home server. Any suggestions?

A:No internet access, wired or wireless, with WRT150N

Replace the WRT150N router

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-internet-access-wired-or-wireless-with-wrt150n.102390/
Relevancy 79.55%

I am the proud owner of a new laptop Yay I have an interesting and confounding problem Plugged in my new laptop acer TZ Window bit Home Premium at home recognized wireless logged on and promptly downloaded MB of updates I also have a gigabit wired network and thought I would use that to watch a movie online No connection over wired network Joined my home workgroup this took several days wirelessly but no connection wired Took my laptop to work and it sees wireless/wired not access internet but Connected and connects to my wireless but no internet connection Plug in the wired and it immediately connects to the network and internet Disabled windows and McAfee firewalls to no avail At home - easy connection Connected but not internet access wireless/wired to wireless and network Nightmare joining home workgroup No wired connectivity At work - plug in wire and connects and sees other computers on the network Sees wireless connects not internet access WTF My other laptops run Linux and have not had anything like this Very frustrating Any ideas nbsp

A:Connected but not internet access wireless/wired

Control panel----Internet options--double click----click connection tab at the top---skip setting and go down to Local area network (LAN) settings-----click the button, LAN settings------
check the box to auto detect settings, then click the OK button.
This should auto configure your providers IP address, and all the other pertinent info for that provider.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connected-but-not-internet-access-wireless-wired.142076/
Relevancy 79.12%

I'm trying to create a network where I can access the printer that is connected to the desktop from the laptop. Both computers have Windows 7, although the laptop has the Home edition. I've read various articles on how to use my wireless router that I use to access the internet from the laptop to create this network but I can't get to make them work.

I would appreciate any ideas and help getting this accomplished. Thanks

A:Trying to network a wired desktop, wireless laptop and printer

Hello,

Both the systems should be in same class Ip, then install network printer into your laptop.

Thanks
Rahman Khan
System Administrator

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trying-to-network-a-wired-desktop-wireless-laptop-and-printer.939625/
Relevancy 79.12%

I did a search and found this thread forums techguy org showthread php t but am still pulling my hair on the seemingly simple task wired router Linksys BEFSR with pc s connected DHCP- all is good wireless router D-link DI- with pc card for laptop my recent reconfig ended up this way from JohnWill s comments Linksys DHCP with scope with users unchanged configured d-link with wired networked with Wireless II Laptop part network? laptop this way dhcp off LAN IP- with same subnet mask WAN settings are untouched and state dynamic ip address straight through cable from uplink port on linksys to LAN port on d-link wireless sometimes the laptop gets an IP from the wired router sometimes not If i switch users win xp sp a forget it - the new users get a private default IP now Wireless Laptop networked with wired network? part II as I type this the laptop Wireless Laptop networked with wired network? part II finally got an IP from the linky but this is Wireless Laptop networked with wired network? part II flaky and sometimes not on boot I also tried connecting LAN to LAN between the routers going nuts- please help filters firewall or crossover cable needed ps- wireless log shows DHCP Discover no response every so often nbsp

Relevancy 79.12%

I'm using a pc with a wireless adapter to surf on a friends wireless network. I have 2 pc at home, connected the a wired network, sharing files. Is it possible to share the wireless internet with the pc thats connected through a ethernet router to the wireless pc? I would like to do this until I get a wireless adpter for the other pc.

Relevancy 78.26%

I have a wired desktop PC HP dx running XP SP connected to a LinkSys Wireless -port router and a laptop Lenovo X running XP SP connected wireless to the same home network x The LinkSys connects by cable to a DSL router for internet access Both PC and laptop get DHCP IPs from the Linksys which I have hard-coded - mapped MAC to IP They are on the same Windows Workgroup quot HOME quot Both Desktop and Laptop have same Windows User Logins My desktop had a virus attack trojan which I removed and re-installed XP SP from HP disks Since then the PC seems to have quot network sharing and discovery issues quot on the network Read a lot of tech-blogs but can t seem to figure out the problem I ll add some more details on Wireless Wired cannot on Home Network ping Desktop Laptop problems and things I have tried - The wired PC CAN ping Wireless Laptop cannot ping Wired Desktop on Home Network the laptop but laptop CANNOT ping PC - Both laptop and PC CAN access the internet - The laptop and PC COULD NOT see each other on Windows Workgroup or see shares This got resolved once I added IPX SPX NetBios Protocol on both the wired and wireless NICs on both PC laptop respectively NOTE Before adding this protocol I double-checked that File-Printer Sharing was Wireless Laptop cannot ping Wired Desktop on Home Network enabled on both NICs Windows Firewall had File-Print Sharing as exclusion I tried everything including disabling firewall on both disabling McAfee scanning on both disabling Firewall on Linksys but nothing worked - The laptop CAN see the NAS Seagate GoFlexHome - connected by cable to LinkSys using Seagate Dashboard software and direct IP The PC CANNOT access the NAS using the Dashboard software but CAN access through direct IP The NAS is named quot goflex home quot which both can discover as goflex home from explorer - The laptop CAN see ITunes Home Share from a NAS but the PC CANNOT see any home shares on the NAS or from the laptop I even added Home Sharing TCP UDP ports as exceptions on the Firewall on the PC but it still doesn t work - Some blog checking the node type on IP addresses given by DHCP The laptop has Node Type quot Hybrid quot and the PC has quot Unknown quot I even went to PC regedit exe and modified the and Change EnableProxy to or instead of that was in the PC as default - I have used SG TCPOptimizer on both laptop and PC to revert to Windows default Any ideas Thanks much in advance nbsp

Relevancy 77.83%

Hi All I've got an older Acer Timeline t running Windows We recently switched from Cox Cable internet to AT amp T U-Verse and I've started noticing that my internet connection will randomly go out when I am connected This occurs whether I am on a wired or wireless connection Specifically I will be browsing the web and randomly when I try to pull up a website I get an error indicating that I cannot connect to that website because I am not connected to the internet When I check the status of my connection in the bottom right corner it will show that I am connected to the internet If I disconnect the ethernet cable Drops Internet Randomly Access Connection Wireless Wired & on or disconnect and reconnect to the wifi network the internet service is restored although it continues to randomly lose connection I initially thought that it was a U-Verse issue so AT amp T came out and replaced the router Unfortunately I still got the random drops I then thought it was a Windows issue so I reformatted by hard drive and reinstalled Windows - still having that issue My wife has an older Macbook and does not have this problem We also do not have this problem with any of the tablets Internet Access Randomly Drops on Wired & Wireless Connection or phones that connect to the network wirelessly I am beyond frustrated and do not know Internet Access Randomly Drops on Wired & Wireless Connection what to do I also don't know if this is a sign that my laptop is at the end of its life which would be unfortunate since I've only owned the laptop for about years my last laptop a Dell is on year and still churning Any suggestions advice would be greatly appreciated

A:Internet Access Randomly Drops on Wired & Wireless Connection

Forgot to mention that I've got an Intel 5100 wifi card and an Atheros ethernet controller.

After further research, it may appear that the wifi disonnection issue is a known issue regarding this wifi card (Intel WiFi Link 5100 AGN problem - disconnecting). Just weird because I only recently had this problem pop up; this also does not explain why my wired connection randomly drops.

I'll play around with the router, driver and the settings some more tonight to see if I can figure out what's wrong.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/241332-internet-access-randomly-drops-wired-wireless-connection.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello all I d really love some assistance with this issue No matter if I have my HP netbook connected to a wired or wireless connection I m stuck on the quot Acquiring network quot prompt I ve followed along in previous threads up until a certain point In the services page DHCP cannot start due to error I tried SFC SCANNOW and the anti virus software on the netbook picked up a trojan that s in this file quot WINDOWS System drivers netbt sys quot My anti virus has quot quarantined quot the virus and it cannot be accessed until the virus software is updated and Laptop or Internet connect cannot to wired wireless can deal with the trojan However I cannot update the software until I can connect to the Internet I m not sure if netbt sys is needed for this I did not see it in the DHCP dependencies list Other than that the SFC SCANNOW option did not find anything else I was thinking I may need to nuke the system and re-install Laptop cannot connect to wired or wireless Internet XP Laptop cannot connect to wired or wireless Internet however this is a netbook and I don t have an XP install CD handy I am however familiar with how to connect the netbook to another computer to use it s CD drive Can anyone think of anything else I can do here I would love to not have to buy an XP install CD Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 76.97%

My method of communicating with the internet is via a wireless connection to a wireless router, etc.

When I connect a debug tool via the wired ethernet connection I lose the my internet connection.

I then have to diagnose the connection where a dialog box pops up to show which connection type, wired, or wireless. I have to select wireless and go from there.

Is there a way to override windows XP to only search for an internet connection via wireless? It is quite a nuiasance to have to go through the reconnect process once I plug the debug tool in...

A:When I connect Wired ethernet device I lose wireless internet access

No. The reverse would be true, and depending on the quality of your equipment and connections you could, but the normal case is what you are experiencing. Anyway to go wired first, then wireless?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/when-i-connect-wired-ethernet-device-i-lose-wireless-internet-access.110900/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi there I would really appreciate any suggestions for this I unable internet same wireless get network at help, a working Please wired time to and Solved: have searched the internet high and low for a solution I am running Windows xp pro I work as a video editor and where I work we have a wired network sharing video between the different computers at gbps This is on a static IP I also want to use the internet while I am working by connecting to our wireless internet with a wireless adapter via DHCP My problem is if the video network is running my wireless internet constantly goes down every minutes I have found an interesting way to get it to work again is to switch http and http through proxy connections on and Solved: Please help, unable to get a wired network and wireless internet working at same time off until it comes back But after a year of doing this every minutes I AM GETTING REALLY TIRED OF IT Is there any way for me to get these networks working happily at the same time I have read about setting up static ip and dhcp at the same time but when I type in ipconfig all my settings say I am already seem to be running a static ip and dhcp with the wireless wouter Or maybe the sheer volume of the video network will always squeeze out the internet while it is running I am reasonably intelligent and computer literate but no expert any help would be greatly appreciated many thanks Here is my ipconfig all Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings avidcapture gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Capture Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO MT Network Connect ion Physical Address - - -AE- - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address fe ff feae Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff Primary WINS Server Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description ASUS USB Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - -F - - -CC Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address fe f ff fe cc Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff Lease Obtained March Lease Expires March Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe f Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address A- - - A Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe efe Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address C -A - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe efe Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Documents and Settings avidcapture gt nbsp

A:Solved: Please help, unable to get a wired network and wireless internet working at same time

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-please-help-unable-to-get-a-wired-network-and-wireless-internet-working-at-same-time.691805/
Relevancy 76.54%

Just woke up yesterday and desktop won't access the internet. It shows a normal connection but neither IE nor Firefox will display a page. ("Page cannot be displayed")

Someone on another site suggested trying "netsh winsock reset" which didn't seem to accomplish anything. What can I do to fix this or figure out my problem?

A:Desktop won't connect to internet (wired) but wireless laptop does

I should add that I have not had any problems with my laptop connecting wirelessly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/desktop-wont-connect-to-internet-wired-but-wireless-laptop-does.108252/
Relevancy 76.11%

my laptop wont connect to a wired or wireless network in my house. its an acer aspire 5741 series. the other laptop that im using to write this connects to the modem with no problems. all mobiles are connecting fine aswell. is my computer broke?

A:no internet access wired and wireless-windows 7 acer aspire 5741 series

can we see an ipconfig /all from the faulty PC
What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, Mcafee , AVG etc

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-internet-access-wired-and-wireless-windows-7-acer-aspire-5741-series.1070079/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi there,

I've got a desktop with a wired connection to a cable broadband modem (with only one connection on it) and I'd like to have my laptop (which has a wireless card) to share that connection only wireless .... if you know what I mean... anyone tell me what I need to do to get that working? is it possible?

cheers,
Mark.

A:Get wireless laptop and wired desktop to share wired cable broadband connection?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/get-wireless-laptop-and-wired-desktop-to-share-wired-cable-broadband-connection.755169/
Relevancy 68.8%

It's an Inspiron 6000, running XP. I plan to use it for a specific purpose, and I just need to be online long enough to download a program, then I don't need to be online any longer to use the program. Thank you for your help.

PS: As to my pc knowledge I'm around a 3.5 out of 10.

Boyd Bilbo

A:Can't access wireless network with Dell laptop.

can you connect with a cable directly to the router ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-access-wireless-network-with-dell-laptop.1168519/
Relevancy 68.37%

I'm usin HP 630 laptop with Win 7 Home Basic OS, and I have trouble connecting to a wireless network, in fact I can connect to a network but I dont have internet access, I'm using TP-LINK (TD-W8901GB (Annex B)) router.
Does anyone know how to fix this?

A:No Internet Access on wireless network

Hi Max123,

You may refresh your wireless profiles stored by deleting all of them, then try again to reconnect to your own SSID make sure to type in the correct network encryption.
An option is to manually add SSID:
How to Connect to Hidden Wireless Networks | 7 Tutorials

Test your connection after. If that didn't help at all please provide an ipconfig /all output.
Click on the Start Menu search box area type cmd, right click on cmd see at the top, and click on Run as Administrator. From the command prompt (black screen), Copy and Paste these ipconfig /all >c:\ipconfig.txt . Please attach the .txt file to be found in your Local Disk 'C' on your next post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/202592-no-internet-access-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi all I m currently running one PC with XP and one sometimes two XP laptops connecting to the internet via an Actiontec R -SU Wireless ADSL Gateway The PC connects via a cable and the internet is working fine on that one The laptops connect via wireless and recently I ve been unable to connect using either of them First problem was quot limited or no connectivity quot -- seems that the router was not assigning an IP address to the laptops So I experimented with one of the laptops and gave it a fixed IP Result XP tells me I have a good wireless connection BUT when I ping the router I get no reply and there s still no internet access The network diagnostic log says that the gateway address cannot be resolved via ARP The curious thing is that access wireless No network internet via I think I No internet access via wireless network fixed this once without really knowing how just fiddled with various router settings and it started working again but now it s broken again My sister thinks this has something to do with her No internet access via wireless network trying to download music from iTunes as this has precipitated the problem twice now -- could there be anything to that I don t see how it could be relevant but if anyone out there knows something I don t please let me know Any advice gratefully received so long as you don t just tell me to try turning the router off an on again Thanks nbsp

A:No internet access via wireless network

Was the "fixed" address in the same subnet range as the pc?

No cables have been moved like the wan cable getting plugged into a switch port?

Can you get into the router to check the wireless dhcp scope?

Is this router yours or supplied by the ISP?

Using wireless encryption?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-internet-access-via-wireless-network.699970/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi everyone network through access wireless No internet I ve read many many threads on not being able to connect to the internet through a wireless network and I have the same error messages but can t fix it I m about to jump out a window on this one But it s probably No internet access through wireless network a simple fix I m somewhat of a beginner on the quot brains quot of computers - hopefully someone can give me the easy answer to this one Just installed a Belkin wireless router Have a Dell Inspiron Vista connected quot hard wired quot to the router downstairs cable modem plugged into router Then upstairs I have an HP Pavilion No internet access through wireless network a c XP Home with wireless USB adapter plugged in After a few teething problems they are both working perfectly I now have my Gateway MT Vista hooked in too and it s working good Here s my problem I have an quot old quot Pavilion c XP Home which hasn t been used for a log time I ve got it all set up again amp seems to be working ok although somewhat slowly Installed the Belkin wireless USB adapter disc everything loaded ok The icon in the toolbar shows that I m connected excellent signal strength however I occasionally the the well-known quot can t find certificate quot error message and can not connect to the internet at all the normal page cannot be displayed quot message Have tried many things including resetting modem unplugging router network connections tabs device manager etc etc - nothing is working So after that long-winded speech can someone get me fixed up Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

Hello, I've been battling this problem for a few months now. On my lenovo x100e laptop with windows 7 I can connect to my wifi network and sometimes go to a website before it says "no internet access" while still being connected to the network. Any other laptop or phone connects and has internet just fine except for mine. Just one day out of the blue this started and I cannot find what's wrong and this is only with my laptop. The strange thing is that my laptop connects just fine with other wifi networks and has internet. What I have tried is re installing my wireless router countless times and also I re formated my laptop and re-installed windows twice. Problem is still re accuring. What could this possibly be?!

A:No internet access on wireless network

My first thought would be DNS name resolution. When the problem occurs, open a browser and type 64.233.169.99 into the address bar and hit enter. If google comes up, then you can be pretty sure that your problem is linked to DNS.
If that is what's happening then perhaps you could hard code a couple public dns server addresses into the properties of IPv4 for your wireless card. Try 8.8.8.8 preferred and 8.8.4.4 alternate and see if that helps.
Also open task manager and under the processes tab, look for something called mdnsresponder.exe, if that is running then it may be causing your issue. If present, post back and we'll explain how to either uninstall or disable it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/112590-no-internet-access-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi all This is probably a really easy one to answer I have got a Fujitsu Siemans Lifebook S Series - running XP let me know if you need more details and where to find I have never had a problem connecting to my wireless router sky netgear and to Wireless access, internet?? but to network, Help! can internet not connect the internet but for some reason all of a sudden I cant get online after i am connected to the network When i plug the cable into the back of the router from my laptop i can get online fine I have managed to connect wirelessly to another network which is unsecured in my area to enable me to write this If you need any details let me know what and how to get them please Many thanks Joe p s - i have seen on other forums that people are asked to run cmd and gather the following info although i am not sure if it will be relevant considering i am currently connected to a different network which isnt my default - anyway info is below Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings joe holden gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name an jholden Primary Dns Suffix parragon com Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Help! Wireless internet access, can connect to network, but not internet?? Enabled Help! Wireless internet access, can connect to network, but not internet?? No DNS Suffix Search List parragon com Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Networ k Connection Physical Address - - - - -C Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained March Lease Expires March Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller Physical Address - - - E- -D C Documents and Settings joe holden gt nbsp

A:Help! Wireless internet access, can connect to network, but not internet??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-wireless-internet-access-can-connect-to-network-but-not-internet.811563/
Relevancy 67.94%

hi there all
I have a wireless home network setup between my laptop and my desktop, the problem i have is that i cannot access my desktop from my laptop, i have no problem accessing my laptop from my desktop(move files, open files, delete files or teansfer files between the two) i just cant seem to figure out where i am going wrong . every time i try to open my hdd on my desktop it says i do not have permission to do so

any help please!!!!!

Relevancy 67.94%

I am trying to add a new network-ready printer Brother MFC- N to my existing wireless network The printer is connected to a LAN port on the back of a wireless router The pre-existing wireless network consists of a Linksys BEFW S wireless router a wired Windows XP Home desktop and a wireless Windows XP Home laptop The network has MAC address filtering and WEP security enabled I wired WEP network with Solved: security wireless printer on network turned off both MAC and WEP security when installing the printer and the wired desktop was able to detect the printer after going through quot add network printer quot I got the printer s MAC address from the printer test page and added that to the router and turned the MAC filtering back on and still ok I was able to detect the printer from the wired desktop and print I then turned on the WEP security Solved: WEP security with wired network printer on wireless network and suddenly the wired desktop no longer detects the printer tried pinging printer s IP address If I turn off WEP the desktop again recognizes the printer I m not sure why WEP is affecting communication between two components that are both wired into the router I haven t even tried to get the wireless laptop to communicate with the printer yet since I can t even get the wired desktop fully working first I don t want to disable WEP security so that is not an option Brother support says Solved: WEP security with wired network printer on wireless network its an issue with the router Is there some setting I need to change on the router Alternatively I think if I got a wireless print server and entered the WEP Solved: WEP security with wired network printer on wireless network key into the print server it would work but then there was no point in getting a network-ready printer in the first place I could have just kept my old non-network printer Any suggestions would be much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 67.94%

Hello I need to start by saying I only have a patchy knowledge of networking I have been involved in the Networking of a museum with a set of quot Show quot computers which display video and for this reason cannot have anti virus installed becuase of the performace hit and also the risk of pop-ups on the videos They do however need to be connected to the internet as some are interactive and allow people to send simple emails and they all need to allow remote support when things go wrong It seems the networking was not thought out very well initially and there is a single wireless router which serves the staff and public on a secured wireless network but wired network a wireless a secure alongside network Creating also serves the quot Show quot machines via a wired connection from one of its ports which then connects to a master switch which serves the show machines Now the wired and wireless is on the same network and everything shares the same IP subnet xxx and this is not a good situation in terms of the securuty of the show machines on the wired network So I need to work out a Creating a secure wired network alongside a wireless network way to totally separate the wireless network which will be very prone to people Creating a secure wired network alongside a wireless network opening viruses in their emails etc Creating a secure wired network alongside a wireless network from the wired network which will be the show machines which wont be touched by anyone I want to achieve this in the simplest and easiest way and have been reading about the possibility of setting up a second wired router behind the current wireless one with a different subnet IP address to which the quot Show quot machines could be connected The WAN port on this second router would connect to a LAN port on the wireless router and thus the show machines could get their internet but separated from the dangerous wireless network Does this sound like a sensible start Will the fact that the wired router and show machines are on a completely different subnet to the wireless router and wireless devices mean that the wired network will be protected Or do I need to do more And is this likely to work Many thanks for any advice Cheers nbsp

A:Creating a secure wired network alongside a wireless network

That's the standard way to protect one set of machines from another, while allowing all to use the same internet access. The reason it works is the NAT layer on the second router--it protects its LAN from the other machines the same way it protects from the big scary internet.

If you are using Windows on the "show" machines try Microsoft Security Essentials. It should not adversely impact performance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/creating-a-secure-wired-network-alongside-a-wireless-network.1021598/
Relevancy 67.94%

I just changed apartments and got a new internet connection through Comcast. When I hook up my cisco linksys wireless router, all the green lights are flashing, but my computer does not recognize the wireless router. When I hook my computer up by cable to the wireless router, I get internet. Same computer, same wireless router as old apartment. Please help - I'm getting pretty desperate and comcast / cisco are no help whatsoever. Thanks!

Relevancy 67.51%

I was trying to go through the other posts but there were so many small nuances between them I just wanted to start fresh I just reformatted a dell latitude d and reinstalled windows xp After this I ve downloaded the necessary drivers only to get to my current predicament where it says I m connected to out wireless network but I cannot access the internet Please help From the previous slides it looked like the first thing to do was run IPCONFIG ALL I ll retype most of this as best I can to get the information up there but sorry since i can t just copy and paste Windows IP configuration Host name Mikes laptop primary dns suffix Node type unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter wireless network connection Connection-specific DNS suffix Description Dell Wireless WLAN mini-PCI Card Physical Address - E- B-D -A - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yess IP Address Subnet Mask default gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease obtained Thursday November PM Lease Expires Thursday November PM I know the internet itself works since I m using my mini-pc to write this email Furthermore this means I have access cannot internet says connected network but Wireless I access the to the internet if i need to DL anything My only restriction is that I can only transfer anything with my USB or external Harddrive Thank you for any help nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

Hello,

I'm having wireless connectivity issues on the network at my home, but not on other networks. Problem started a few weeks ago, until then I'd been using that network with no problems at all.

I will loose connectivity for a few minutes at a time, then increasingly, until cannot access internet at all.

We have tried resetting the modem, it will work for a while, then as soon as more than one person is on the network, the problem begins again.

So, not sure if this is a problem with the modem, or maybe we just don't have enough internet "speed". Or could it possibly be a problem with my computer (tho I have no issues on other networks)?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

A:Wireless Network...keep loosing access to the internet

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If your only email accounts are free (Hotmail, gmail, etc.) try this direct link. If you need help with a screen shot see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 8 or 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Also show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-keep-loosing-access-to-the-internet.1112363/
Relevancy 67.51%

Yesterday i turned on my computer to find out that i couldn't access AOL, it always stopped at Connecting to TCP/IP. I am on a wireless network with another computer which can access AOL. My computer reconizes that there is a wireless network and says that it is connected but i can't access the internet through AOL or internet explorer. They main computer has no problems at all which was what the second computer was like only a few days ago. Also i cant connect to my router settings using 192.168.1.1.

Please if anyone knows what i can do please help

Both computers are on Win XP
I have tried Reinstalling AOL and resetting the router several times.

A:unable to access internet on wireless network

If you check the status of your WLAN you'll probably notice it's sending packets but not recieving them. If you have double and triple checked your network settings and firewall settings then....You may want to try simply restarting the router.... I've noticed some wireless routers (linksys in my case) would not take new wireless clients as willingly as i wanted them to. After kicking everyone off the network for a couple minutes my new wireless client was ready to go.
Give that a shot and if it doesn't work then I guess we are stuck with good ol fashion step by step troubleshooting.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-access-internet-on-wireless-network.27603/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hey guys, I've been searching this forum and other resources for days now with no luck. I'm connected to our apartment's wireless network, but about a week ago I found the infamous yellow triangle and "No Internet Access." I was going along fine for about a month and this came out of nowhere.

I've tried every imaginable ipconfig command that has been suggested, including flushdns, ipreset, all the winsock commands, etc. I've tried resetting everything: modem, router, laptop... I've tried enabling/uninstalling my wireless adapter, changed my TCP/IPv4 settings, used trusted DNS settings, the whole 9 yards. I've renamed my computer, deleted the network profile, deleted my computers profile on the router, booted on safe mode, you get the picture.

I installed Xirrus from a flash drive, and I can post screenshots of any info that may be required, but any help is greatly appreciated!! Very difficult to be limited to an iPhone for all your Internet needs...

A:Wireless Network Connected but No Internet Access

Have you had a look at the router settings to make sure you have access?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/237598-wireless-network-connected-but-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello all I've been having serious difficulty maintaining a stable wireless connection to the university At random intervals my connection will go to limited If I run the Windows troubleshooter it resets the Wi-Fi adapter and displays The default gateway is not available fixed I've tried installing updating drivers for my wireless card resetting TCP IP stacks ipconfig flushdns uninstalling the card and reinstalling it turning my Symantec Endpoint Protection on off disabling IPV I feel like I've exhausted my options Please let me know if you have any suggestions C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Wireless access Internet losing network keeps Ra Primary Dns Suffix Node Wireless network keeps losing Internet access Type Wireless network keeps losing Internet access Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List fordham edu Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Wireless network keeps losing Internet access Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address C- B-FD-CB- F- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix fordham edu Description Intel reg Wireless-N Physical Address C- B-FD-CB- F- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c eb adda Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday September PM Lease Expires Thursday September AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- F- - - - E- -FF-E - B DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - E- -FF-E - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:Wireless network keeps losing Internet access

Seeing as you are connected to a university network, have you checked to see if other devices are having the same issue? It seems like the access point you are connecting onto may not be holding a reliable ARP table. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/549650/wireless-network-keeps-losing-internet-access/
Relevancy 67.51%

I have a Sony Vaio laptop running Windows Home Premium bit Up until days ago I had absolutely no and No on network wireless Internet access w/cable problem using its wifi and or staying connected to the Internet Two days ago however while being on Skype my Internet connection got disconnected unexpectedly With windows Network Diagnostics I sometimes get quot The DNS server isn t responding quot and sometimes quot Local Area Connection Wireless Network Connection doesn t have a valid IP configuration quot OR quot computer is trying to use a DNS server that is incorrect or doesn t exist quot No Internet access on wireless network and w/cable Even with the cable I am not able to connect to the internet so I can t update the network adapter or fix the problem online Looking at the Basic network information and set up connections in Control Panel - Network and Sharing Center I see my laptop sometimes connected sometimes however the line between the laptop and the unidentified network has a yellow triangle on it and I can see the internet with a red X on the connection line between that and the unidentified network When checking the Wireless Network Connection Status it s showing that it s connected activity s showing sent and received bytes but says no Internet access to both IPv and IPv connectivity I read lots of blogs and advice and tried many of those fixes that were recommended some of which were the following shorter versions - unplugging and replugging the power cable to the modem - resetting the wireless router -rolling back driver - obtaining IP address and DNS server address automatically for Internet Protocol V and V -changing the quot Preferred DNS server quot to Later repeated it and changed the quot Preferred DNS server quot to - netsh int ip reset CMD - netsh winsock reset CMD -reset TCP IP -disabling IPv - clearing browser history - system restore to an earlier point on my laptop After each change I restarted the laptop None of the above worked Right now under status it s showing IPv connectivity no Internet access PIv connectivity no network access I ve used this network for a while and this is the first time this problem has occurred Be it network driver issue or a patch of some sort i may need to download until i can connect to the internet I can t fix this problem on my own In the meanwhile no other computer or phone with wifi in the house has any problem connecting to the Internet I took it to a computer technician who said I need to reinstall Windows But none of the many blogs here and elsewhere I read even remotely mention that Is that the only solution Before I m messing up the system even more I wanted to ask the Expert What am I not doing right in fixing this issue Any help is greatly appreciated nbsp

A:No Internet access on wireless network and w/cable

Could you try downloading the driver for your network adapter from a different computer, save it on a usb flash drive, uninstall the driver via device manager on the laptop, restart, then install from USB? It sounds to me like the driver got corrupted. If it was a Windows problem, the system restore point should have fixed it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-internet-access-on-wireless-network-and-w-cable.1011726/
Relevancy 67.51%

I'm using DELL D620 laptop with Win 7 Ultimate OS, and I have trouble connecting to a wireless network, in fact I can connect to a network but I dont have internet access, I'm using TP-LINK (WR 741 ND (Annex B)) router.
Does anyone know how to fix this?
My boardband connection is working on a PC, and laptop, but I cant make wireless internet access on my laptop...
Please anybody Help me...

A:No Internet Access on wireless network (TP Link)

With this laptop, were you able to connect to the internet before using the same router?

What exactly do you mean when you say you can connect to the network?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/203259-no-internet-access-wireless-network-tp-link.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I am using windows 7 and I was able to connect to our home wifi few days ago when all of a sudden I lost my connection when I left my laptop idle for an hour or so. Until now I am not able to connect to access the internet. It shows that I am connected to our wireless network but the little wifi icon is showing a yellow sign with an exclamation point and when I place my pointer on it, it says "Identifying...No Internet access". Can somebody help me on this?

A:Connected to wireless network but no internet access

and welcome to the Forum

Have you restarted the pc?

Lets take a peek at your network environment:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then:

Remove all the stored wireless network profiles and search for the network again.

How to Remove Stored Wireless Network Profiles for XP, Vista, and Windows 7

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found here's how.

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type type the following command: IPCONFIG /ALL

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter. Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB drive, or a CD-R disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

then please Download and run this Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/connected-to-wireless-network-but-no-internet-access-643560.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hey, I have a home wireless network for two XP PC's and one XP laptop. One of the PC's and the laptop both have internet access through my comcast internet and linksys routers, but the other PC wont connect. Ive tried unplugging and re-plugging the routers, and re-booting. I can connect to the network (it says connected with very good signal) but I can't get on the internet.both of my other computers are on the same network but they can connect just fine. I dont know any computer language so please only use 'noob' terms. Thanks so much for the help, it is greatly appreciated!

-MXB-​

A:On my wireless network, all my computers have internet access except for one.

Well, I've experienced something similar, but to fix it you'll have to do some things that aren't too hard...

Try going on to you're router's web based configuration page and change the IP (I'm guessing that the default is 192.168.0.1) to 192.168.0.2

That might not work, and knowing me, I wouldn't bet on it, so, maybe you should try changing channels on your router to avoid any interference. Try changing it to 11, that helped me in other areas I can remember.

Have you gone on the PC and checked the wireless on there? It says its connected you say, so in the task bar should be a little icon meaning Wireless is detected (And hopefully connected)

Try right clicking that, and going to Status, then Properties. There should be a new window that comes up, with a list of things with check boxes. Scroll there, and find something called "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)". Once there, make sure that "Obtain IP Address Automatically" and "Obtain DNS Server Address Automatically" are checked.

I don't know what else to tell you if that doesn't work, other than upgrading firmware of your router, which is fairly easy.

Best of luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/on-my-wireless-network-all-my-computers-have-internet-access-except-for-one.84008/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi As said No Network, Access Wireless But Connected to Internet I am connected to my Wireless Network but have no Internet access Connected to Wireless Network, But No Internet Access So far I have looked through the forums and done the following - unticked the ipv box - pulled any Firewalls down - disabled and re-enabled my network adaptors - tried the ipconfig release and renew - left my IP Address Connected to Wireless Network, But No Internet Access detection to Automatic This is because when I tried looking up my DNS on my desktop it was not in my Ipconfig page so I didn't know what to fill in on my laptop So when I filled in my IP address manually there was no DNS to fill in and this didn't work - disabled Bonjour - tried flushdns - According to the laptop my network adapter drivers are up to date There are two listed Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller and Intel R Wifi Link AGN I have not tried uninstalling these as I am concerned about doing damage to the laptop and I am not sure which I should uninstall My sincere apologies - I am not very good at IT I would really appreciate any help you guys could give I haven't made a screenshot of my ipconfig all yet but my IP address is xxx xx and my subnet mask is The Default Gateway field is empty I know that this means that my laptop isn't receiving the signal from the router but all the other computers in the house are running fine with no problems from the signal I have also restarted the router a few times Any help is greatly appreciated I upgraded from Vista

A:Connected to Wireless Network, But No Internet Access

You may have the MAC address clone problem that everyone seems to be getting.

Try this> 1. Control Panel->device Manage->Network Adapter->Adv.->Network Address, put some values in the text box

Source: How to change a MAC address on Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/55237-connected-wireless-network-but-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hey guys I've read numerous threads and have been trying for the past six hours trying to get my stupid computer to connect to the wireless network I have a Dell Studio XPS laptop wireless card is quot Dell Wireless Wireless-N WlAN Mini-card quot router is cicsco E I don't know that much about computers so i've been relying on what people have suggested doing in former threads I know there is nothing wrong with the router because the other computers in the house both by LAN and wireless can connect to the internet and it runs super fast Mine was working great until says Suddenly No Network Wireless Internet Access suddenly last night it said it was connected but that there was no internet access I did upgrade my computer from Vista to Windows but that was about a month ago and I've had no problems since When I clicked on the diagnostic button to try and let it resolve it itself it pops up saying quot Suddenly Wireless Network says No Internet Access DNS server isn't responding quot This is what I have done Suddenly Wireless Network says No Internet Access already reboot router modem shouldn't be a problem with them since all other computers can access perfectly I tried turning on off my wireless on the laptop and restarting etc when I tried to ipconfig release it says Suddenly Wireless Network says No Internet Access quot no operation can be performed on Local area connection while it has its media disconnected - same goes for when I do ipconfig renew I also tried flushing the DNS by typing ipconfig flushdns it says successfully flushed the DNS resolver Cache but after rebooting nothing's changed I also went to properties for the wireless network under Internet Protocol Version I set it to use a manual IP address IP Subnet mask Default gateway Preferred DNS Alternate DNS server I don't understand how the wireless all of a sudden stopped working Is this some retarded Windows thing This never happened to me before - before especially if I've been doing a lot of downloading I have to unplug the modem and everything is great But now it's just my computer that's not working So strange any clues guys This is getting frustrating I'm about to throw it in the trash and just get a new computer hahaha Thanks for your help

A:Suddenly Wireless Network says No Internet Access

PS. I forgot to mention, when I plug in the ethernet, it connects, but still says no internet access.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/184695-suddenly-wireless-network-says-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Okay I Internet? Access cant Wireless Network\Apps have a really big problem For some reason my applications cannot access the internet except Mozilla and or two others Not Chrome IE iTunes etc I don t know when this started because I just now Wireless Network\Apps cant Access Internet? realized it but Wireless Network\Apps cant Access Internet? Im assuming it has something to do with the network configuration or whatever -- but I looked at the configuration for my wireless network and everything is in order I don t know if its the main connection in Network Connections the broadband one or whatever or what Although Im not really sure that anything in the network is effecting it but assuming that I don t have any viruses that would be preventing internet access to most of my applications SO if anyone could help me figure out whats going on I would VERY much appreciate it Additional Note I have run McAfee BitDefender and ZoneAlarm as well as Malawarebytes to remove anything effecting the system and just upgraded and reinstalled iTunes so none of those things were the cause I also did that registry fix thing I forgot what it was called but it did nothing Thanks Austin Frye nbsp

A:Wireless Network\Apps cant Access Internet?

Hi Austin:
So let's see this:
It will give us the network as your pc see's it.
The pings will tell us whether the dns function is working as it should.
Any recent changes in hardware/software?
Have you tried a system restore point at a date prior to the problem starting ?
From a Johnwill post on the Networking Forum
Try these simple tests.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

NOTE: For the items below surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous IPCONFIG command output! Do NOT type <computer_IP_address> into the command, that won't work. Also, the < and > in the text is to identify the parameters, they are also NOT used in the actual commands.

Do NOT include the <> either, they're just to identify the values for substitution.

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 74.125.45.100

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above. (For Vista/Win7, the IPv4 Address)

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-apps-cant-access-internet.916651/
Relevancy 67.51%

Someone asked me about hooking up there xbox to the internet. Their home is wireless and the xbox is across the room. Is there something I can get that receives the wireless signal from the network then transmits it through the wire plugged into it? Basically, the opposite of a wireless access point. Thanks.

A:Solved: Wireless network - need something that does wireless to wired for xbox

The device you want is called a wireless bridge; e.g., see http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q...r=lang_en&newwindow=1&sa=N&tab=ff&oi=froogler

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-network-need-something-that-does-wireless-to-wired-for-xbox.401547/
Relevancy 67.08%

My computer is a bit Win SP with Pentium Dual Core Ghz and Gb of Ram on a wired network My wife has a Cannot Network from Computer Wired Network Ping a on Wireless similar system using a wireless network She can ping my IP Address but I cannot ping hers We both have full access to the Internet We are using the same workgroup and both computers have file and printer sharing enabled and IPv addresses and DNS server addresses selected automatically The problem appears to be with my computer but I don t know how to solve it Please help Here are my system stats Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU E GHz x Family Model Stepping Cannot Ping Computer on a Wireless Network from Wired Network Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G Express Chipset Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB M Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P G -M LE Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 67.08%

I have two laptops connected to my wireless network and i accidentally blocked by mac address the second laptop. I blocked it in the router settings through Access Control>Block by MAC address. My router is LW310V2.
Now, after i have removed the mac address block the laptop still can't connect to the network. It has installed Windows XP and when i click connect it just shows that it attempts to connect to the network but it doesn't connect.
Any idea why this is happening? I already restarted the laptop and the router couple of times but it still won't connect.

A:Solved: Problem unblocking laptop access to wireless network

make sure that Mac addressing is completely OFF in the router
then remove the wireless profile from the XP PC
and reconnect

How to remove Wireless Profiles - for XP
http://mgmcc.forumotion.net/networking-tutorials-f17/removing-an-existing-wireless-profile-t109.htm
- XP
http://mgmcc.forumotion.net/t109-removing-an-existing-wireless-profile
- delete the preferred networks
start> control panel> network connections> right click on the wireless connection> listed wireless networks tab in the preferred network list click on each one and - remove button

you will then have to enter the wireless security key for any networks you connect to - so make sure you know the correct password , and not using an incorrect password at all

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-problem-unblocking-laptop-access-to-wireless-network.1118398/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have been previously able to connect to our wireless Netgear router without any difficulty However now the only way I can get internet access is by hooking up with a cable directly to the Netgear router My son-in-law was able to get my laptop to connect to his wireless Netgear router when I visited him recently During his investigating of my problem he found out that I had mistakenly checked a box that would allow me to pick up other alternate wireless networks in my area When he unchecked the box it still remains unchecked the problem was cleared up and I could access his wireless signal with no problem Now at my wireless unable Windows Dell network. Laptop to access currently XP home when I try to view quot Wireless Networks Available quot --I get the message that I am quot Connected quot Dell Laptop Windows XP currently unable to access wireless network. --yet at the same time the message states that I am NOT connected I had this same message before when I had a box checked for connecting to other alternate wireless networks in my area Can you please help Thanks proverbialwoman nbsp

Relevancy 67.08%

I ve got a regular desktop pc and a laptop Both are running Windows If both machines are wired file and printer sharing works like expected If the laptop is on the wireless things go sour The machines don t see each other I can t ping the laptop from the desktop or vice versa Strangely enough if I ping the desktop from the laptop by IP address the desktop will reply At that point the desktop will see the Solved: doesn't file wired-wired works, sharing wired-wireless laptop too and sharing file printer amp media works fine But if Solved: wired-wired file sharing works, wired-wireless doesn't the connection is idle for a couple of minutes Solved: wired-wired file sharing works, wired-wireless doesn't they won t see each other anymore I ve tried all kinds of things disabled IPv on both reconfigured file and printer sharing disabled the firewalls on both But none of these changes have had any effect whatsoever I have also tried to give everything the same name SSID workgroup and network name on the desktop but that had no effect either More info - Wired and wireless clients are on the same subnet - The router is a Linksys WRT- N - AP isolation is disabled - uPnP is enabled on the router Does anyone have any clue how to fix this nbsp

Relevancy 67.08%

Good afternoon all,

After trawling Google for solutions I'm not sure what to do.

Brand new comp running Windows 7 and using a wireless network adapter. The network signal is saying I'm connected and that there is internet access, but there is not. I've tried a different browser and nothing. Then an exclamation point pops up saying there is no internet access. I've troubleshooted using Windows and its getting the "DNS server is not responding" error. The internet was fine and then did a Windows update.

I've tried cmd release, flush, renew to no avail. I've changed the DNS address to 208-67-222-222. Uninstalled the wireless adapter, restarted and reinstalled. Unplugged the modem and router and then reconnected.

Sometimes internet access will be restored, but minutes later the DNS server pops up again.

I did a system restore to before the updates as a last ditch effort.

Thank you in advance!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-no-internet-access-dns-server-error.1154604/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi - My net book used to connect me to the internet automatically on my home wireless network. Suddenly it has decided not to. I have successfully input the WEP/WAP key and the netbook says it is connected, but when I try to open Internet explorer, it says- oops! Looks like your internet is down. I have not had any problems on my main PC?

What has happened and how do I fix it?http://b.tsgstatic.com/smilies/confused.gif

Thanks in anticipation

A:Connected to wireless network, but unable to access internet

What's the exact make and model of the wireless router, and what version of Windows are you running?
Let's see this from the machine.
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

I'd like to see this as well.

Download and run this Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework. For machines with no Internet connection, download this NET Framework 3.5 Full Package on another machine and transfer it with removable media to the problem machine.
To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-wireless-network-but-unable-to-access-internet.952457/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi There is a problem with establishing an internet connection between my laptop and any wireless network and hence the internet cannot be accessed Though Short for but Connected Network to to Access Cannot Internet a Wireless While the connection can be established locally between my laptop and the wireless network for a short while before Connected to Wireless Network for a Short While but Cannot Access to Internet the connection is lost locally There is certainly no problem with my current wireless router as there are internet connections between the wireless network and other devices Prior to using the current wireless router I used Linksys WRT G for internet connection until recently when there was no connection between all devices and the Linksys wireless router so I changed my wireless router to the current one However the problem still persists for my laptop I can only get access to internet when my laptop is connected to the router using ethernet cable as well as when my laptop is connected to the main cable modem using the same cable My laptop model is Fujitsu Lifebook S Series and my laptop is running on Windows Vista Service Pack and my current wireless router is Belkin N Wireless N Router Model F K v What I have done so far are that I have ensured that the DNS client and DHCP client service are enabled and that I have used the method of quot release dnsflush and renew quot on the command prompt Below is the ipconfig all description when this laptop is connected to the cable modem using ethernet cable Windows IP Configuration Host Name FujitsuUser-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Juniper Network Connect Virtual Adapter Physical Address -FF-C -B -A - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link Physical Address - -FB- A- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Personal Area Network Physical Address - - -F -A -AB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller Physical Address - - - A-AB- F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe fea ec Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday September PM Lease Expires Saturday September AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -F - C- C- - - - F- - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap C B -AE - - A -ADBC CF Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d c c b cb a c f Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe c b cb a c f Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap EEC BA -F E - D - -C D D Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap A CBA-DC - C-A - A CF A E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled N... Read more

A:Connected to Wireless Network for a Short While but Cannot Access to Internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-wireless-network-for-a-short-while-but-cannot-access-to-internet.1068929/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello!

So I have a Windows HP Pavilion w1907 desktop. My computer says that I am connected to a wireless network. However, I cannot use any programs, like AIM or Mozilla Firefox, iTunes, or any other programs that require internet connection to work. I visited the Network and Sharing Center, which says I'm connected to an unidentified network but not the Internet. How can I fix this asap? Any help will be greatly appreciated! I am so frustrated, to be honest. Thank you in advance!

A:Desktop is connected to a wireless network, but can't access internet?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-is-connected-to-a-wireless-network-but-cant-access-internet.1030647/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi,

I have an HP Pavilion dv6-2088d laptop. I can connect wirelessly to my home network and others (eg Starbucks, friends, etc) however when I try connect to my parents BT Home Hub, I can connect to the network but it shows no internet access.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

A:Windows 7 - Connected to Wireless Network, But No Internet Access

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-connected-to-wireless-network-but-no-internet-access.999777/
Relevancy 67.08%

i just acquired an older laptop for my roommate and i am having some trouble connecting wirelessly to internet first it seemed that the internet access can't Solved: Wireless another network ... connected but wireless card didn t support WSP-PSK so i purchased a new card connect by PCMCIA installed card Solved: Wireless network connected but can't access internet ... another no problems the status shows EXCELLENT connection but i can not get on the internet Thanks in advanced Router D-link Draft N DIR- Wireless Card RA Link Tech b g n Wireless LAN card OS Windows XP Note my HP tx US Solved: Wireless network connected but can't access internet ... another connects no problems Playstation connects no problem iphone connects no problem Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Luis gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name antonio Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Ralink n Wireless LAN Card Physical Address - F- F- -FE- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Tuesday January PM Lease Expires Tuesday January PM Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address - - -EC-CD-CD C Documents and Settings Luis gt nbsp

A:Solved: Wireless network connected but can't access internet ... another

Have you installed a fresh operating system, or are you going to deal with whatever was left on the machine?

You have what appears to be a good connection to a router. Try the following pings (in a Command prompt window).

ping 192.168.0.11 (or whatever your current IP address is)

ping 192.168.0.1

ping 209.191.93.53

ping yahoo.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-network-connected-but-cant-access-internet-another.893557/
Relevancy 67.08%

Good afternoon all,

After trawling Google for solutions I'm not sure what to do.

Brand new comp running Windows 7 and using a wireless network adapter. The network signal is saying I'm connected and that there is internet access, but there is not. I've tried a different browser and nothing. Then an exclamation point pops up saying there is no internet access. I've troubleshooted using Windows and its getting the "DNS server is not responding" error. The internet was fine and then did a Windows update.

I've tried cmd release, flush, renew to no avail. I've changed the DNS address to 208-67-222-222. Uninstalled the wireless adapter, restarted and reinstalled. Unplugged the modem and router and then reconnected.

Sometimes internet access will be restored, but minutes later the DNS server pops up again.

I did a system restore to before the updates as a last ditch effort.

Thank you in advance!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-no-internet-access-dns-server-error.1154605/
Relevancy 67.08%

Ok so where do I begin I have a mini acer laptop I have never had any problems connecting to my internet access to connected to wireless but unable network still wireless networks before until I connected to wireless network but still unable to access internet returned from Jamaica we did use the hotels access anyhow ever since returning a few months ago I can not connect to my home wireless network we did change routers back in connected to wireless network but still unable to access internet Dec and did at that time have problems as well getting it to connect the router is a Linksys E I have tried over and over again to troubleshoot all problems and areas it tells me I m connected but I still can t load any web pages when I checked further I saw that the IP address was different than the ones on my other laptops so I changed those settings by adding the new IP address I have even taken my laptop to other wireless networks away from my home and I have no problems connecting to any of those what could possibly be wrong Could there be a problem because of the other laptops that are also connecting to the same wireless network I noticed on the other laptop that the physical address as well as the IP address are different than the ones I have on mine those computers run Windows I have XP on my acer mini I have researched so much trouble shooting I don t know where else to try the problem is here in the home network system with the old IP address it would give me an error message of limited or no connectivity now that I changed the IP address it says connected but I still can not access the internet the other laptop and my ipad both connect without problems is it because of Windows XP like I said the other one is Windows and my ipad PLEASE HELP nbsp

A:connected to wireless network but still unable to access internet

Set the wireless to 'obtain IP auto' and 'obtain DNS auto.'

Disable encryption on the router and try to connect. If successful you can probably re-enable encryption and reconnect. If unsuccessful ...

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector and show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

IPCONFIG /ALL

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-wireless-network-but-still-unable-to-access-internet.1003838/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi,

My laptop can't connect to my router, everyone else can but mine just wont connect. It has connected to the internet through the router a couple of times but it will only last for a minute or so and then the connection would be lost.

I have a windows XP laptop, my router is a Netgear Wireless-G Router WGR614 v9, and is connected to a modem.

My wireless card detects the connection but it just can't connect to it. When I tried to set up the router using the provided installation CD, it detected said that the modem wasn't being detected.

I appreciate any help I can get on this!

A:Laptop can't connect to wireless router (hard-wired or wireless neither)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-cant-connect-to-wireless-router-hard-wired-or-wireless-neither.897535/
Relevancy 66.65%

I am trying to get internet access from my laptop using a Netcomm NP543 wireless card adaptor. I'm sure it is communicating with the modem router (a Netcomm NB5Plus4W) because I've tried pinging and all is fine, in fact, I can even send Windows Instant Messages between the laptop and my desktop so there is definitely a connection.

The problem is that when I open Internet Explorer I get the following message:

"Forbidden You were denied access because: Access denied by access control list"

The top of the page has "403 Forbidden". Does anyone have any ideas what I can do to solve this?

Thanks - appreciate it.
Poddy

A:Internet Access using Wireless Laptop

you may have a port blocked on router
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316699

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-access-using-wireless-laptop.486156/
Relevancy 66.65%

I have recently purchased an HP Dv series Laptop via Access Laptop New No Wireless Internet and a Sony Vaio laptop THe same issue is on both so I presume that they both require teh same solution At home I have an Intellinet MIMO Turbo G Router which is connected to my computer also Windows bit via a lan cable The Router is secured via a WPA preshared key you need to add the mac address for people to access the internet I want to connect the laptop via wireless internet and I have done so successfuly on XP and Vista before on other laptops This new laptop has Windows bit I put in the mac address and the key and it connects to the Network It says that it is connected but when I go to Wireless Network Connection Status it says that IPv Connectivity No Internet Access IPv connectivity No Internet Access Media State Enabled SSID default On the bottom right hand corner the wireless icon has a yellow triangle over it When I try to troubleshoot it doesnt find anything What can I do to solve this

A:New Laptop No Internet Access via Wireless

typically when that happens it means authentication failed the router will allow you to connect to it but it won't give you network access.

Is the MAC address definitely right in the routers whitelist?
Did you definitely type the WPA key correctly?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/90775-new-laptop-no-internet-access-via-wireless.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi

Recently my Dell laptop's hard drive stopped working so I replaced it with a new one and installed XP and the Dell drivers. The new drive works fine except for wireless internet access, although it will connect if I wire it.

I'm using a Netgear DG824M modem/router at home and have 3 other laptops that are working fine.

I'd really appreciate some help as I work from home.

The laptop is right at hand so I can try any suggested fixes or let you have any system info you need, quickly.

Thanks in advance

Cacker

Relevancy 66.22%

I generally don't have a need to network computers together. In fact if I do network in my home it will be for only one purpose and would prefer to have the network down 99.99% of the time.

I can run the lines needed to connect these two computers but wireless would be easier to get going.

I am just wondering if wireless is secure enough.

If I do connect two computers together I would want to set it up so I have a link on the desktop's where I can connect the network and disconnect it even if it requires me to hire out custom coding.

I guess what I am saying is would want the computers connected about once a week for a few minutes and then break the connection as easy as possible but also securely.

A:Wired vs Wireless network, is wireless safe.

I'm not sure about the others, but i have tried this and its safe.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/186219-wired-vs-wireless-network-wireless-safe.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I have a vexing problem For the past few months occasionally access wireless no work but to internet appears network Solved: when I start up my computer dell vostro running windows xp I ve had to uninstall and reinstall my wireless network driver Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-card before I can connect to the internet This didn t occur w every startup most of the time I could Solved: wireless network appears to work but no internet access startup my computer and the wireless would work fine However just recently I had some malware on my computer and I ran malwarebyte s anti-malware program s quick scan Now I can t connect to the internet at all Every single time I startup my computer the network driver has that yellow exclamation point next to it and under its properties it says quot this device cannot start code quot If I uninstall and reinstall like I normally do the error goes away and it appears that I can connect to the wireless network fine but I cannot access the internet at all If I restart my computer then the network card gives the same error I ran malwarebyte s full scan and it got rid of more malware but still can t connect Any suggestions Here are the logs for the scans FIRST TIME I RAN IT PERFORMING QUICK SCAN Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Database version Windows Service Pack PM mbam-log- - - - - txt Scan type Quick Scan Objects scanned Time elapsed minute s second s Memory Processes Infected Memory Modules Infected Registry Keys Infected Registry Values Infected Registry Data Items Infected Folders Infected Files Infected Memory Processes Infected C WINDOWS system dll exe Trojan Agent - gt Unloaded process successfully C WINDOWS system reader s exe Trojan Agent - gt Unloaded process successfully c WINDOWS ld exe Trojan KoobFace - gt Unloaded process successfully Memory Modules Infected No malicious items detected Registry Keys Infected HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer Browser Helper Objects a - - e c- -a e da Trojan Vundo H - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Winlogon Notify syvtqany Trojan Vundo H - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKEY CLASSES ROOT CLSID a - - e c- -a e da Trojan Vundo H - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer Browser Helper Objects abd - b - cd- acd- a da c Trojan Vundo H - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKEY CLASSES ROOT CLSID abd - b - cd- acd- a da c Trojan Vundo H - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKEY CLASSES ROOT CLSID ec e fd- c - a - d -e b dbdd c Trojan BHO - gt Delete on reboot HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM ControlSet Services hvuqchgs Trojan Vundo H - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services hvuqchgs Trojan Vundo H - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Ext Stats a - - e c- -a e da Trojan Vundo H - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Ext Stats abd - b - cd- acd- a da c Trojan BHO - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE AvScan Malware Trace - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Registry Values Infected HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run reader s Trojan FakeAlert H - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run reader s Trojan FakeAlert H - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run system tool Trojan Agent - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run sysldtray Backdoor Bot - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Network UID Malware Trace - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft W... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-network-appears-to-work-but-no-internet-access.820515/
Relevancy 66.22%

My laptop is running on windows bit and my wireless adapter is intel Intel Centrino Wireless-N The problem is it never connects to wifi its recognizing the signal but the adapter is stuck on identifying acquiring stuck identifying/acquiring. internet. Can't network Wireless on access network I noticed the problem about a month ago Wireless network stuck on identifying/acquiring. Can't access internet. and i have searched everywhere and tried almost everything I have my computer for over a year hence i may not know if what i did installed some softwares changed settings to have this problem I did a system restore but for some reason some restore point are not there im pertaining to the restore point i made they day i bought my computer I tried restoring using the oldest one which is like a week ago the problem was fixed for few days only so i did the restore again and made sure i will not install uninstall any software or changed any settings but it the same problem occurs These are my theories of what i think might be causing the problem I installed and reinstalled the driver but it still didnt work i assume if i downloaded the wrong driver so i search again looking for a different one but it only leads me to the same link and file Im not much of an techy person but i assume our network administrator has purposely blocked my computer for some reason if thats possible so i used my phone as a hotspot and connect to its wifi but still the same problem I saw the Network Controller under Device Manager has the yellow caution sign i tried to update the driver but it says it cant search for the driver On Change Adapter Settings under Control Panel it shows there are wifi adapters one of them is the wifi adapter itself Intel and the other are quot Virtual Miniport quot that are forever has an red x mark I don t know if that has something to do with my problem but should they be on red x mark and what is the purpose of that nbsp

A:Wireless network stuck on identifying/acquiring. Can't access internet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-stuck-on-identifying-acquiring-cant-access-internet.1117126/
Relevancy 66.22%

I've got a wireless network at home.

Call me old fashioned, but I want to supervise my children's internet access.

From the PCs in their rooms, I want my children to be able to access the local network resources (printers, common file areas) but not to be able to beyond the router out to the internet.

If they want to get on the internet they'll have to go down to the family room and use one of the machines there.

How can I set this up?

A:Solved: How to lock out internet access on selected wireless network PCs

Give them a static IP and change their default gateway from the one pointed to your router or ISP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-to-lock-out-internet-access-on-selected-wireless-network-pcs.401166/
Relevancy 66.22%

I ve read several posts here Wireless & not but other internet; networking works wireless from wired Solved: lapto that come close to my issue but don Solved: Wireless networking works but not internet; wired & wireless from other lapto t describe it exactly Yesterday on my personal laptop Dell E running XP SP I got a message box saying something about port forwarding and that I wouldn t be able to get to my website or something like that Unfortunately I didn t pay much attention to the message and dismissed it Now I can t get to the internet using wireless Here are some details Another laptop connects to my wireless network and the internet just fine All was working fine on the Dell until I got that message I ve checked the event log and can t find anything relevant around the time of the message Connecting to the network internet with ethernet cable works fine I m definitely connected to my wireless network because I was able to open shared files on another PC Other likely non-related issues I m having a little problem with the hard drive and will need to run chkdsk Sometimes I get an error regarding the display adapter driver Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Wireless networking works but not internet; wired & wireless from other lapto

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Also show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

IPCONFIG /ALL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-networking-works-but-not-internet-wired-wireless-from-other-lapto.1061271/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello---- I am NOT a computer guru We just bought a new HP Pavilion Model dv us We have a Netgear router--Model WGT Our old desktop is a refurbished PC with Microsoft ME software We upgraded to QWEST DSL last October--- The Pavilion has Vista software on it QWEST has supplied a GT modem I have never been able to connect to the internet with the new notebook the access to internet with a new Network & laptop If I plug the RJ cord into the laptop I can get to the internet however it is NOT with my ISP provider Why is this Do they need to send an activation disk for the laptop with Vista software If I try to go online I get the following message quot Error Remote server not responding The service name field may have an invalid value Contact your ISP Update in connections properties Our son was home with a notebook purchased the netgear router and got his computer set up and working Is each router dedicated to the original user I have tried taliking to HP help desk I called netgear----we re too old to be given tech support Qwest says to call HP I would appreciate any assistance you can give Thanks Greg nbsp

A:Network & access to the internet with a new laptop

"If I plug the RJ59 cord into the laptop ..."

Coax cable??? Is that for TV?

What, if anything, is now accessing the internet? Modem connected to desktop? Or modem to router to desktop?

Is the GT701 just a modem, or a modem/router combo?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-access-to-the-internet-with-a-new-laptop.560055/
Relevancy 65.79%

My computer is a HP Pavilion Notebook with built-in wireless All of a sudden I Internet from access my Unable laptop to Wireless am unable to access the Internet from this laptop A message keeps popping up from McAfee saying quot a bat is infected by zapchast reg and was cleaned Unable to access Internet from my Wireless laptop quot This virus trojan does not show up when I do a scan yet it keeps popping up After resetting the TCP with quot netsh int ip reset c resetlog txt quot I was able to go online for a while then I start getting quot Page cannot be displayed quot again Even after rebooting and unplugging then replugging modem and router Here is my HiJackThis Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at AM Unable to access Internet from my Wireless laptop on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files McAfee com VSO mcvsshld exe C Program Files McAfee com VSO oasclnt exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfTray exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS system AVupdate exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPage Opware exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPage OpAgent exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsftsn exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C WINDOWS system gearsec exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe c program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exe c Recyclers svchost exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfService exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxWatch exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system mqsvc exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C WINDOWS system mqtgsvc exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxMediaDB exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfAgent exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA HPQ Shared HPQTOA EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C Documents and Settings Heart Of Agape My Documents Hearts Of Agape Computer Related Troubleshooting HiJackThis HiJackThis v exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page https login yahoo com config logi ydEpidXV dSF ZEqOZHh fH iU YmNYcnM amp src ym R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf laptop O - BHO no name - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Need Find Bar BHO - D C E -A A- b-BCDB- B EF D - C Program Files Need Find bar bin ND FNBAR DLL O - BHO RXResultTracker Class - FA - - c-A CC- EC DE CA - C Program Files RXToolBar sfcont dll file missing O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E -... Read more

Relevancy 65.79%

I m piggybacking on the wireless connection of the hotel next door to my apt They re fine with that they gave me a username and password to log on Problem is I have to bring my laptop into my bedroom to get the signal and my desktop is in the living room So I bought a ethernet cable and connected it from my laptop in the bedroom to a router which then connects by ethernet cable to the desktop When I do this the LAN connection icon in the taskbar of the Can't Desktop thru Internet, laptop access wireless laptop thinks for awhile and then says quot this has limited or no connectivity quot with a yellow triangle and a black exclamation mark Furthermore when I try to get on to the internet from the desktop it says it can t find the server I set up a local network between the desktop and the laptop and I can see my laptop from my desktop and vice versa in quot My Network Places quot of both computers I can pass files from one to the other and can even print from the laptop through the ethernet cable to the desktop and then to the printer If I go to quot Workgroups quot in quot My Network Places quot I can even see computers from the hotel and my neighbor who also uses the connection from the hotel I would like to be invisible from them however But I am NOT able to access the internet from the desktop through the laptop using the wireless connection from Can't access Internet, Desktop thru wireless laptop the hotel Why nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-access-internet-desktop-thru-wireless-laptop.787655/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello,
I recently purchased a gateway wireless capable laptop. when I first started using it I was able to connect to the internet using my desktop DSL connection (I have an Actiontec DSL modem with wireless gateway) because the laptop was able to detect the connection and use it. I went away for a week on vacation and upon returning home tried to use the laptop again but could not connect to the internet. I ran the wireless network wizard on both computers and established the connection again but now my laptop cannot use it because it says it is a "security enabled wireless network" How do I allow the laptop to access the internet through this connection?

A:using my desktop internet access on my wireless laptop

I'm completely confused about your network. Do you have a wireless ad-hoc network between your PCs and using ICS? Or, more conventionly, using the modem/router combo to connect one PC wirelessly and one via ethernet? Something else?

At any rate, "security enabled wireless network" means that you've encrypted your network with WPA-PSK or WEP. To connect you use the same WPA passphrase or WEP hex key(s) you used on the router.

If you did not yet enable encryption on the router, then you should connect to your network instead of trying to connect to a neighbor's. And after you succeed, enable WPA-PSK encryption (or WEP-128 if that's all you have) to keep others out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-my-desktop-internet-access-on-my-wireless-laptop.488733/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have a laptop with a wireless connection to my neighbor's router I have xp machines and this laptop wired to a hub I want to allow my xp machines internet access via the laptop is this possible My first problem is that I cannot XP access W7 through Want allow Laptop wireless to internet machine access my W machine using XP but I can do the opposite I downloaded and installed the SP for my xp's so I have the discovery mapper add-on I can play my music from my xp and kinda stay happy while this problem persists Nothing I have understood and tried from any post on any blog or help page has done any good except downloading the sp stuff I've been at this for hours now and I find this totally ridiculous Its not worth the trouble New software should be better in every way This is unacceptable No connection made with a wire should ever say Unidentified on it And now a rant Why is backward compatability so damn hard Why can't corporations deal with the fact that not everybody can upgrade all their machines to the new software If this is all about sales just remember how many customers are leaving when you do this They don't come back To Want to allow XP machine internet access through W7 Laptop wireless every software maker If you can't release software that works like logic would dictate lets send it to the bottom of the ocean Im sure you've sold enough crap software to pack the oil well hole shut for good

A:Want to allow XP machine internet access through W7 Laptop wireless

Quote: Originally Posted by merricksdad

I have a laptop with a wireless connection to my neighbor's router. I have 2 xp machines and this laptop wired to a hub. I want to allow my xp machines internet access via the laptop, is this possible?

My first problem is that I cannot access my W7 machine using XP, but I can do the opposite. I downloaded and installed the SP3 for my xp's so I have the discovery mapper add-on. I can play my music from my xp and kinda stay happy while this problem persists.

Nothing I have understood and tried from any post on any blog or help page has done any good except downloading the sp3 stuff. I've been at this for 7 hours now and I find this totally ridiculous. Its not worth the trouble. New software should be better in every way. This is unacceptable. No connection made with a wire should ever say Unidentified on it.

And now a rant:
Why is backward compatability so damn hard?
Why can't corporations deal with the fact that not everybody can upgrade all their machines to the new software?
If this is all about sales, just remember how many customers are leaving when you do this. They don't come back.
(To every software maker) If you can't release software that works like logic would dictate, lets send it to the bottom of the ocean...Im sure you've sold enough crap software to pack the oil well hole shut for good.

I bet you are running "homegroup" it uses IPv6 and on some systems has connectivity issues. On multi OS networks you should be using workgroup which uses IPv4.

To verify that is the problem simply set up a new network connection using workgroup. If it works you can disable IPv6 and kill homegroup.

Let us know if you need help with that

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/98243-want-allow-xp-machine-internet-access-through-w7-laptop-wireless.html
Relevancy 65.79%

i am having wireless router, is there any problem while connectig to internet if i connect my computer to that router via wired and wireless using two NIC card, both are enabled(active), at the same time

Relevancy 65.79%

Hello there,
Can anybody enlighten me please is it at all possible to set up a network between two computers when one is on a wireless connectio and one wired but both connected to net through same router?

Originally i didn't think it was possible and had dissmissed it as an option for my mothers set up but i'm now questioning the logic for dismissing it. Anyway i'm sure someone here has the required knowledge. Thanks a million Max.

Relevancy 65.79%

Hello,

I have a comcast modem connected to a netgear wireless router (wgt624). The wireless router connects to a netgear switch (fs108) which from there goes to the pc's in the house. My wireless network works fine but I cant get a connection through the switch.

The ip address through the switch: 169.254.63.132
The ip address through the wireless router: 192.168.1.4

I know thats bad how do I fix?

A:Wireless network good wired network no go

Well, you isolate what the issue is. It could simply be a defective switch or cable.

Since that switch has auto-MDX, you should be able to simply plug a cable into any port on the switch to the router and connect computers to it on the other ports. It's really that simple. If that's not working, and the same cables work when connecting directly to the router, the switch is dead.

Did you try different ports on the switch? Sometimes, only one port dies, and if it's the port that the router is connected to, you won't get any connections.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-good-wired-network-no-go.834640/
Relevancy 65.79%

I am totally new to networking and have been reading up for a week now and cannot work my issue out I realise this is most likely basic questions but total learning curve is a Network Network and Solved: Wireless Wired testing me out I have just purchased a new PC and the OldPC is still good and works fine so I would like to network even if for short time to move large files over Both PC s run XP Home in SP I have a Speedstream Modem with a Belkin Wireless N Router connected to it and through to new PC with Ethernet Cable I have added a Netgear Wireless G USB Adaptor to OldPC Both are connecting to net and work fine Also purchsed a crossover cable and I tried connecting OldPC to Belkin Solved: Network a Wired and Wireless Network Router and was successful - still got net on old PC so everything seems ok there I have Trend Micro trail version on new PC - at least for a short time and AVG Internet Security on OldPC On the Trend Network page I can only see new PC I can log into Belkin Router and see both PC s Also connected at times are PS and an IPod While I had the crossover connected I could see entries on the Belkin for OldPC However no matter all above the original intent to network the via wireless and or crossover I cannot see either from the other PC When I go to My Network Places and select View Workgroup Computers is says that I do not have access Obviosly I have done something wrong I also suspect it may have something to do with Access Pont but not sure How do I get setup nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

I set up a wireless network on my router some time ago It's called Balmer I can't connect to my wireless network with my Windows laptop any more However if I connect an ethernet cable to the router from that laptop it connects just fine as long as the cable is connected However it identifies the WIRED network as Balmer I change? Wired as has network do same network name wireless - I how would really like this laptop to connect to the Wired network has same name as wireless network - how do I change? wireless Balmer network so I don't have to plug in the ethernet cable I think the problem with the Windows laptop is that it seems to think Balmer is a wired network at the same time as there is an actual WIRELESS network with the same name I wonder if that is confusing the laptop somehow and keeping it from connecting wirelessly If so what do I do about it I've tried deleting the Wired network has same name as wireless network - how do I change? existing wired network connection but it only gives me a Merge option the delete option is greyed out I should mention that my Windows laptop connects wireless to Balmer just fine as does my cell phone Clearly something is messed up in the network settings for the Windows machine alone I'd really appreciate some guidance on how to get the Windows machine connecting to Balmer wirelessly again

A:Wired network has same name as wireless network - how do I change?

When you set up your network did you happen to change the password? My network has the same name whether I connect wired or wireless. That should not be an issue. If you connect Wired, you do not have to enter a password. Disconnect the Ethernet cable and click on your wireless icon, if it says connected, click on it and you should have the option to disconnect. It should show you all connections available to it. Click on your network, click connect and you should be asked for a password. Enter the password and it should connect.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/388056-wired-network-has-same-name-wireless-network-how-do-i-change.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Ok so I have a netopia modem wireless router Its all set up Heres the problem Wired computer directly through ANY of the ethernet ports can access router and each other but cannot access internet Cannot ping outside my LAN but Network Good/Wired Wireless Bad Network can ping every other computer inside Wireless connected computers CAN access internet and all computers within my LAN Tried multiple computers multiple patch cables Thought it might be modem but if it was modem then I wouldnt be able to access other computers on my LAN when wired but I can That s what is wierd No firewalls are set up on computers hardwired I even have RealVNC on one computer that IS hard wired into modem router and I can access it via any other computer so wired network is working Its like HTTP settings to wired ports Wireless Network Good/Wired Network Bad is blocked Any ideas At amp t doesnt know either but they agree its probably not router NOTE I also hooked in a second router from the modem and tried from THOSE ports Still same problem nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

so i've been trying to fix this for the best part of a week now and its finally got the better unidentified network no network wired access of me and i'm resorting to doing the thing no man wants to do and i'm wired unidentified network no network access asking for help My comp just doesnt seem to be able to get a connection through wired unidentified network no network access the ethernet anymore which is considerably faster and more reliable when it does work all i'm getting is unidentified network no network access i have tried running the troubleshooter disabling the wired unidentified network no network access windows firewall and avg but no joy checked the ip is dynamic reset router adapter and pc tried some reset dns catalog command tried ammending the network type and values in the NIC adapter properties none of these worked so i set them all back to what they were before and nothing has made any difference also tried an ip config release and renew but again nothing thanks in advance for your help heres the ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Gumdrops gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Gumdrops-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Edimax EW- PIn Wireless PCI-Express Ad apter Physical Address - F- F-E -CE-AB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a c b bb d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained April Lease Expires April Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- B-A - -BC-AE-C - F-C - A DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address BC-AE-C - F-C - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e cb bec d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- B-A - -BC-AE-C - F-C - A DNS Servers fd d e c a ff fe c NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap A- - -A E- C F D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BFD -AA B- EC -B -A DFB AA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/394078-wired-unidentified-network-no-network-access.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I have a Dell Inspiron 1520 here, that we could not get to connect to the Internet, we'd only get "Local Only" both wired or wireless on any connections. After messing with it for a few hours decided best to just reformat and fix it that way. After a fresh reformat (Vista Home Premium) we get the exact same issue, with a clean install. All other computers connect with no issue, this one doesn't wireless or wired, just "local only"

HELP!

A:Local Access Only on wireless and wired

Ok:You may have bought yourself some more work by the re-format,but first,may we see.
Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Also,regarding the format,if we get this working,it would be a very good idea to go to the Dell site,with the service tag # of your unit,download and install,in this order.For Vista:
Chipset driver
And then,most probably the adapter drivers as well as any other deive that shows error status when you display device manager.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-access-only-on-wireless-and-wired.1015348/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have been trying for access Wireless Vista Can't from XP Wired days to set up a home network I have a laptop which runs Vista and a desktop PC running XP Both are connected to my router but the laptop Can't access Wired XP from Wireless Vista is wireless and the desktop is connected Can't access Wired XP from Wireless Vista through the ethernet port Both are able to access the internet I can ping the machines but I can t access them The connection is showing as follows Laptop Vista Router Internet Desktop XP Switch When I turn off the wireless on my laptop and hard wire it to the router I get the follwing configuration I can now access the files on my desktop PC np Laptop Router Internet Desktop Notice that in the second configuration there is no switch cos both machines are hard wired It seems that when both PC s are either wireless or hard wired they talk to each other fine But when one is wireless and the other is wired I can t make a connection I still can t seem to connect to my laptop from my desktop though and I keep getting an access denied message even though I have set the permissions on both folders to Everyone full nbsp

Relevancy 65.36%

I just got a new dell laptop. When i turn on the computer, it says i am connected to a wireless network,and i have a full signal. however, when i click on internet explorer, nothing comes up-not even a system message, let alone a website. also, on the bottom toolbar, there is an icon of two little computers and it says "a network cable is unplugged". please help. i can't figure out what's wrong. thanks.

A:HELP!! new laptop and wireless network but no working internet!

Click Start, Control Panel then Network Connections. You should have a Wireless connection there. Double click it. Click View Wireless Networks and you should have a wireless network there. If not click refresh network list on the left. If you do have one shown click on advanced settings then wireless settings. Click on Advanced make sure Any Available Network is checked. If more that one wireless network is showing you have to move your Up to the first position. Also do you have Wep Or Wap enabled? If so you would have to enter the key. Also make sure you are close to your wireless router when doing this to rule out a weak signal.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-new-laptop-and-wireless-network-but-no-working-internet.51927/
Relevancy 65.36%

I've spent a few hours trying to connect my laptop to my roadrunner cable through a netgear wireless usb adapter. The desktop is working fine that is directly connected to the modem and router. I spent half an hour on the phone with tech support from netgear and everything they went through with me did not work. They said to contact the laptop support. The netgear adapter software wizard keeps scanning so that when it is on channel 11 it gets a signal for a few moments, then continues to scan through other channels and lose the signal for a minute or two. Any ideas? PLEASE!!!

Relevancy 65.36%

We have 6 laptops and PCs connected via a Netgear wireless/router, all but one laptop is running ok. This laptop is extremely slow when browsing the internet. We have recently installed Kaspersky on all the PCs and none of the other PCs are running slow. Any suggestions?

A:Slow internet on one laptop in wireless network

What download/upload speed are you supposed to be getting? What do you get with Speedtest.net on the problem laptop? If that is with a wireless connection what do you get with an ethernet connection?

Did the perceived speed change when Kaspersky was installed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-internet-on-one-laptop-in-wireless-network.1043005/
Relevancy 65.36%

I have a Gateway laptop running Vista and I can connect to the wireless network but not to the internet. I can't even connect if I plug it directly to the internet. I get the network windows in the bottom right hand corner but no world. What should I do??

David

A:wireless network OK, but no internet on Vista laptop

Hello and welcome. Look at Device manager to ensure network drivers are in fact showing no yellow icons which would indicate driver issues. If that is good. then open up Network Sharing center.. and on left side . have it Diagnose and repair.. post how this goes please

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/295926-wireless-network-ok-but-no-internet-vista-laptop.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I have a Toshiba laptop that was connecting to a neighbor's wireless just fine until yesterday!! Now all I am getting is Local access.

I went and got Time Warner cable internet today. When I plug the ethernet cable directly into my laptop, it works fine. When I try to go onto my wireless router, it says local only.

I have wasted several hours trying to figure this out, plus the expense of getting my own internet, which I am better off having, I can secure my router.

I used this router prior to this with another internet service but I think the router name and security password, etc should stay the same.

I have made changes to my computer, but it doesn't seem to make any difference what I do. Still no wireless!!

Can someone help me before I lose my patience entirely???

A:Wireless network OK, but no internet on Vista laptop

Hello, have you used the router install disk to set up your computer ? When I set my router up , I used an install cd to set it up , do you have one of those to set up the router ?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/296182-wireless-network-ok-but-no-internet-vista-laptop.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi - but wireless connecting internet laptop not network to hope you can laptop connecting to wireless network but not internet help me I have computers - three macs and one dell laptop running windows XP professional on a unsecured wireless nework speedstream modem dlink - router Until weeks ago everything was fine I had some laptop connecting to wireless network but not internet connection problems weeks ago and had to reset the password on the modem which I did with help from my isp I did not reset the password on my router as I didn t have access to it at that time Since then the three macs connect just fine but I have been having problems connecting to the internet with my laptop The network connects but most times I cannot get to the internet Occasionally I am able to connect but then the connection drops again The laptop can connect to the internet using other networks Reading through the posts on this form I have run ipconfig all and done the ping tests I can ping the ip address and the dns servers but pinging and yahoo com gives me a timed out message I haven t been able to find any posts which suggest tests for this result if anyone can give me some help would be much appreciated I m writing this in the morning will not have access to the computer until this evening but am willing to run any and all tests at that time Thanks nbsp

A:laptop connecting to wireless network but not internet

Do the symptoms change if you connect to a wired connection with that machine?

Let's see this using a wired connection to the router.

Try these simple tests.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

NOTE: For the items below in red surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous IPCONFIG command output! Do NOT type <computer_IP_address> into the command, that won't work.

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-connecting-to-wireless-network-but-not-internet.853922/
Relevancy 65.36%

I have a Compaq Presario laptop running Windows Vista with built-in wireless I ran virus spyware scans on a regular basis and rundll Received network now is access cannot and internet, connected Wireless error haven t experienced any major problems with this computer Yesterday I used the computer at an internet cafe and used their unlimited Wifi to do some work After several hours of working smoothly on the Received rundll error and now cannot access internet, Wireless network is connected computer I found that my internet access was disconnected I went through several steps to reconnect by resetting wireless connection and ran a diagnostic The diagnostic results stated that I had a problem with the proxy server connecting to the internet site So I checked my proxy configuration and finally was able to regain connection but was still unable to connect to the internet Through the process of solving this issue it also stated that I had a rundll problem I went to a local Tech support store and they assisted me by running a basic diagnostic test They also could not access the internet via Wifi or connecting directly by cable The result showed that there were no viruses but the test isn t designed to check rundll or reinstall the wireless Can you please tell me if this issue is related to someone hacking my computer Its all too coincidental that I experienced the same issue with my desktop Also I donot go into unfamiliar or unusual websites To get some resolution with this problem and helpful comments regarding this situation would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Received rundll error and now cannot access internet, Wireless network is connected

Please click HERE to download and install HijackThis.

Run it and select Do a system scan and save a logfile from the Main Menu.

The log will be saved in Notepad. Copy and paste the log in your next reply.

IMPORTANT: Do not "Fix" anything

If Windows is denying access to the Hosts file, disable the UAC and run HijackThis again.

Use your working computer to download the program. Save it to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the faulty computer and save the program to your hard drive before installing it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/received-rundll-error-and-now-cannot-access-internet-wireless-network-is-connected.999510/