Windows Support Forum

RAID error?

Q: RAID error?

I've never seen this before. It just popped up a bit ago on my W7 pc.

What does it mean? I hope its nothing bad.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: RAID error?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: RAID error?

I found this in a google search http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware/AMD-RAIDXpert-Warning-Errors/td-p/342708

I've known this pc has RAID on it because everytime it reboots/boots up it shows it. I've had this pc for two years this month & just hoping nothing bad is happening.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-error.207317/
Relevancy 46.87%

First time posting blush Situation I have two hard drives main drive Seagate GB w windows xp and second drive WD TB blank Without backing up the main drive ops i went ahead and enabled RAID on both drives and created a RAID volume KB strip Size TB GB NOTE the RAID volume size is only showing the exact space of the TB excluding the GB drive After realizing that I needed to create a backup image of my main drive to use RAID with an existing drive I m left with the quot Operating System Not Found quot message RAID volume disks deleting to RAID non-RAID issue - restore Question If I Delete RAID Volume which is based on the size from the blank TB drive will both drives become available as non-RAID disks and keep the original data on the GB main drive and be able to run windows again I m using software RAID through Intel Matrix Storage Manager option ROM v I understood that quot Resetting the drives to Non-Raid quot will cause all data on the disk to be lost so this isn t the approach that RAID issue - deleting RAID volume to restore non-RAID disks I ll be taking til I find a solution to backup my data However from reading the quot Delete RAID Volume quot option it listed Deleting a volume will destroy the volume data on the drive s and cause any member disks to become available as non-RAID disks so knowing that the RAID Volume is blank then maybe trying this will be the answer When using the Microsoft Recovery Console in RAID mode attached w both drives logically there isn t any directories files found At the moment I m seeing if I can find any data in the MR Console with RAID disabled and accessing only the main drive Just wondering if Knoppix or Data recovery softwares can backup the data Thanks to anyone taking the time to read my post nbsp

A:RAID issue - deleting RAID volume to restore non-RAID disks

sadly, there's no way to do what you want without an existing backup.

Look at it this way;
A disk has a container ~ the partition.
The partition as a structure ~ the filesystem (eg NTFS, FAT32, RAID).
We put our data into the structure.

When we create backups, we are getting only the data itself (unless you use an image program like Ghost or Acronis where you get all three).

Deleting the RAID will give back the two independent HDs, but also breaks the structure so that the data becomes in accessible.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-issue-deleting-raid-volume-to-restore-non-raid-disks.160717/
Relevancy 44.29%

I m hoping someone here can help I m very new to Raid so you ll have to excuse my ignorance here I m using an HP pavilion p Y with x TB WD Caviar Green s trying to set up a raid array I ve reached the Nvidia raid array setup utility and it appears I have successfully loaded the raid drivers After doing this I inserted my Windows x home premium install disc and it sat on quot Detecting storage devices quot After a few minutes of this I was presented with Raid disks reserved Raid - 1 for no disabled use raid an Error stating quot No disks reserved for raid use raid disabled quot Then shortly after switches to a message stating quot Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key quot I m now unable to reach the Nvidia Raid setup and unable to load the windows disc I m certain the CD drive is good as it works fine in another computer BIOS Mediashield ROM BIOS RPT Copyright C NVIDIA Corp If someone would know what to do from here please share your knowledge Thanks Chris nbsp

A:no disks reserved for raid use Raid disabled - Raid 1

Do you have Windows on the drive now? How did you load the drivers? Drivers won't function without an operating system, so I'm a little confused about exactly what you did.

How did you run the setup utility? Does your machine support hardware RAID or are you using software RAID? Are there RAID settings in BIOS?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-disks-reserved-for-raid-use-raid-disabled-raid-1.1025933/
Relevancy 41.71%

I have a brand new HP m t with vista home premium and RAID x GB hard drive and I keep getting an error message that a drive in RAID Volume is failing please backup immediately RAID error Intel matrix storage manager shows that RAID error errors occurred in either reading or writing to both of the hard drives though shows the RAID volume operating normally Basically the only thing I've done with the computer so far is transfer about GB of music files onto it Disc check in BIOS is normal for both drives as is PC diagnostics for the drives and for the entire system I downloaded Intel Matrix Storage Manager came with but this didn't help About - years ago I know a lot of people were having problems with vista and RAID but those issues were supposedly resolved Anybody else having problems It seems unlikely that my brand new drives are faulty HP support with whom I've now spent several hours on line wants me to quot rebuild quot my raid drives from RAID BIOS but that's not an option on RAID error there The computer appears to be functioning normally Anybody with any thoughts

A:RAID error

now I'm wondering if iTunes is part of the problem - searching the web I see a lot of people have been having problems with iTunes and RAID errors.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/222288-raid-error.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi folks I recently bought a PNY PCI Express Sata II Raid Controller and installed it help.... Error? RAID Please in my HP m n Media Center PC RAID Error? Please help.... I m running Vista Home Premium and am attempting to setup my two GB SATA drives in a RAID configuration I ve got a TB Click to Back Up external drive to back all this data up and also do backups through Mozy I m having a small problem I installed the card and attached the drives to the card I set the jumpers on the card to internal drives only I then proceeded to boot Vista installed on the first NFTS formatted drive which after a quick driver installation read the both drives no problem So with everything backed up I shut down the computer and pressed F to load up my BIOS for the RAID card at the BIOS screen At this screen I m only shown one GB drive I enter the setup page and I m given these different options such as low level format set up RAID Delete RAID Arrays rebuild Array and Concatenation I chose Set Up RAID striped and I get an error message telling me quot not enough free single discs to create raid setup quot Thinking this has to do with formatting I loaded up Vista and deleted the partition info off of my nd drive--it was NFTS also Now it has no formatting on it So basically I ve got two hard drives now that are being read by and usable under Windows one with Windows formatted with NTFS and the other one with nothing But my RAID Bios is telling me that its only reading one drive I searched by motherboard BIOS and found that it s also only reading one drive although I see that the RAID controller is listed under boot devices I changed it to boot first then loaded up my RAID Bios once more only to have it still tell me that there are not enough single discs to create a RAID array This is driving me nuts Do any of you have any idea as to how I might do this or what I need to do Thanks Josh nbsp

Relevancy 41.71%

sir, i was having one degraded drive in raid 1 matrix configuration, i wanted to rebuild it . for this i plug off the power cord and replug the sata cable of degraded hard drive but may be the sata cable for the other hard drive is also disturbed duo to which when i reboot my computer it showed me the main drive failed and other degraded. i checked the cables and tight it again .. i reboot again this time the operating system works properly and giving me the status degraded but i think both of my hard disk are now what should i do to rebuild both of my drives to normal

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-error-please-help.1044384/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hey everyone Earlier today my other computer s RAID- array error? fix How to RAID broke down from How to fix RAID error? what i now think is one of the HDDs failing What happens is that the computer wont start it only searches for the array then after minutes there s a red bit of text saying How to fix RAID error? quot ERROR STRIPE G quot and then I m given options to boot by cd or restart or go into BIOS Should be added that I really dont have a clue about what s really causing the problem but maybe my below method cleans things up Now I m not very interested in trying to salvage the data on it so I thought maybe it s easier to just disable RAID format both HDDs or whichever one of them that s still working and start over completely Now for my questions Is it doable or is there any easier way Regardless from where the original failure originated chances are good that at least one HDD is still working right Could I be making things worse by trying not interested in the data as mentioned I understand retrieving the lost data and restoring the RAID is a fairly complicated procedure especially since i don t even really know what s wrong with it and as I m only on a basic knowledge level when it comes to hardware failure I d like to avoid that I d post specs etc but I was thinking this generally would be an approach that wouldn t need much of that tell me if you want it though Hope there s not too much spelling errors English isn t my native language Thanks Linus nbsp

A:How to fix RAID error?

you are spot on; raid-0 is a nightmare and we try hard to discourage home users from using it.

*IF* you have the original OEM recovery disk, you can use it.

*IF* you have a retail CD, load it and perform a Clean Install

Either way, the installers will find, reformat and install a new OS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-fix-raid-error.148285/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hey,
I am fairly computer literate but I have been baffled by a recent problem with my pc, when I boot up now it says that one of my Hard drives has had an error occured and when I eventually get into XP I have a error messgae reminding me of the same problem...(>see screenshot) I have no idea what is wrong with it and any help would be appreciated as I am evidently not good with RAID.

http://yfrog.com/0n1bmpp

HELP ME!!!

A:RAID error!

The good thing is that the error doesn't prevent you from booting into Windows. Get an external (or internal, it'll be cheaper) drive big enough to hold all your data and backup everything asap. Use XXclone (guide here) or DriveImage.

A raid 0 array means the data is spread equally between 2 physical drives. This increases the reading and writing speeds but if one drive fails physically you'll lose all your data. A raid 1 array is recommended if your motherboard supports it, refer to the motherboard manual to learn more. Raid 1 uses double the space since all the data will be the same on both physical drives but it gives a little speed boost and ensures that any critical data you may have will be safe should one drive fail. No raid array at all is already safer than raid 0.

Once you've backed up your data run the diagnostic utility that corresponds to your drives' brand and model to identify the failing drive so you can replace it if needed. If it's a bad cluster then you can keep using the drive once it's been repaired by the diagnostic program or chkdsk. But if new bad clusters start to appear or if you get a physical failure imminent message you should replace the drive.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/raid-error-358891.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I'm looking at odd little errors on the C: drive of a RAID 0+1 system. (4 HDs).

The odd files ONLY show up in the root of C:

They are always 0K in size.

They are garbaled charcters of 1~3 words, with an ODD "line" or something after it.

Like:
er! (no extention)
gac!

(the ! would be just a small line)

A:RAID or some odd error?

Have you checked the disks with the makers disk utility? have you run chkdsk?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-or-some-odd-error.156172/
Relevancy 41.28%

I have a problem setting up RAID on my motherboard which uses Intel Matrix Storage Manager Option ROM It now thinks my OS disk is a degraded RAID drive I need to know how to reset it as non-RAID without losing all the data I bought a new GB HDD for my PC which already has a GB OS drive C plus an existing GB HDD which I want to error Intel RAID match with the new drive to make a RAID When I told them BIOS the HDDs were RAID then started the aforementioned Intel RAID utility it gave me a huge warning message Intel RAID error which in retrospect I believe said that the RAID was degraded and needed rebuilding I now have the OS HDD reported as quot RAID Intel RAID error Degraded quot I now have the x GB HDDs created as quot RAID quot When I try to boot the PC the Windows startup screen comes up for a few seconds then it reboots I am able to change the BIOS to Standard IDE then it boots OK Therefore the OS HDD still operates fine When I go back to RAID the Intel utility tells me if I reset the OS HDD to Non-RAID I will lose all my data Is that an incorrect warning message Given it is set as quot RAID quot and has all the data intact should it be OK to reset it I do not have time to reinstall the OS and programs I have other HDD I need to connect to that controller I hope I won t have the same problem of the Intel Utility telling me it is part of a degraded RAID The motherboard is an ASUS P WD Premium with an Intel X chipset and ICH R Southbridge nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-raid-error.575255/
Relevancy 41.28%

I have a RAID5 array using four 320GB drives on a Silicon Image SiI 3114 RAID controller. Came into the room tonight to hear a click-of-death emanating from one of the drives. Figure, okay, no problem, we'll swap in another drive and rebuild the RAID... except after shutting down and restarting, one of the other drives now shows up as an 18GB ROM?!?!?!? Needless to say, I now have a broken RAID...

The drives were running a little hot, so I'm hoping after a cool-down, I'll at least get one back long enough to copy some critical stuff off the volume. Anyone have any other ideas? Anyone maybe familiar with this controller and why one drive might be showing up as the wrong type?? Anyone tried Runtime RAID Reconstructor; would it be effective in a situation like this?

A:RAID error... any ideas?

I have never used that controller [I use either promise or highpoint] however this site may have some help for you in getting data off of the single working drive.
http://www.runtime.org/ Download the raid reconsturctor and see if you can access the drive when you connect it to a working system.

FWIW this is why I always tell people that raid of any type is NOT a backup plan. You need to image the array on a regular basis and store the image on a NAS, external, network, etc. Raid5, raid1, or raid01 are hardware redundant only; it does nothing for a virus, malware, corrupted driver install, etc. Every error is mirrored.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-error-any-ideas.976825/
Relevancy 41.28%

am getting sporadic raid 0 error "task 0 timeout" something like that, didn't have time 2 write down the whole thing; when using a uh08ls10 bd-rom that i installed 2 replace a lite-on bd-rom dh403s from hp. is this error because the raid is configured incorrectly now as the drives are different? can i disable raid completely since from what i've read, puget computer founder etc, raid is overrated & not needed for a personal home computer basically; or should i attempt to reconfigure raid to accept the new drive specs? thx

Relevancy 41.28%

Dont know whether this post should go here but i am sure it will get moved if necessary Right here goes I RAID up 0 Error setting have gb harddrive and a raid card and i Error setting up RAID 0 wanted them both set up in RAID and then install windows on them so i configured the harddrives in the raid setup so they are setup as raid and copies the drivers onto a floppy disc for the xp setup So i booted from xp disc pressed F and when it asked me specified where the drivers were I got on to creating the partitions and formatting the disc fine Then when it came to copying files at it tried to copy they raid drivers but kept saying it failed so i skipped them and let it copy the rest of the files from cd it got to the end and Error setting up RAID 0 restarted ready to continue with the setup The windows logo shows for a few seconds then it bluescreens Any suggestions why

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/error-setting-up-raid-0-a-269769.html
Relevancy 41.28%

On start up, once desk top is drawn in, I get - 'RAID volume error window ... backup may still be possible'(I have fully backed up OK)

ran CHKDSK from boot ... apart from one cluster fix - no problems, but still declares Disk error on POST :
PORT 1 Error occurred.

In the Intel Matrix Storage Console (v 8.9) it shows: Port 1 error occurred.
If I 'right click' on Volume 0 it tells me "1 ECC error found'

I selected ‘verify volume data’ , ran it through .. one Block reassigned due to media error – no other faults.
Reboot .. same issue.

I have 2 x 300GB WD disks configure for RAID 0
PC is a Dell 9200 running VISTA

Relevancy 41.28%

Every now and then my computer will freeze for 10-15 minutes.

When it comes back the first thing to happen is a poppup in the bottom right that reads 'Raid Access Error' or something. It usually has no harmful effects that I can notice. the programs are still running, and I can pickup where I left off.

Im running Windows Vista home Premium

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/456950/raid-access-error/
Relevancy 41.28%

I have a couple of Hitachi 80Gb SATA drives setup in a raid 0 configuration and the last few days when I boot up my machine it tells me there is a problem. If I go into the raid software whatever I try to do to sort the problem it won't let me.
If I try to reconfigure the raid it tells me its not possibe, If I try to create a raid it tells me there is not enough physical drives, if I check for conflicts it tells me there are none.
Thinking it may be a suspect drive, I ran Hitachi's own DFT software which found a couple of suspect sectors on one disc but fixed them and the other disc was Ok. I have ran chkdsk /r to sort out any other problems.
I am at a loss as to where to go from here really, has anyone any suggestions?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suspect-raid-0-error.22152/
Relevancy 41.28%

Dozens of failed attempts to install Windows 10, from version 7
Error 0C1900101-0x30018
FIRST_BOOT during SYSPREP

The cause may be the raid system ?
Vostro 4609KDP65JService 20823373927

A:Upgrade error, RAID ?

GiorgioClimb,
Unfortunately, the Vostro 460 has not been certified for the Windows 10 upgrade.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19969909
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello all Having multiple issues on a Sony Vaio laptop model PCG- X L Specs Win Vista RAID 0 others BSOD, Error + bit Home Premium x GB RAM PC X GB Fujitsu HD in RAID array Intel GHM SATA Raid comtroller Intel Core Centrino T GHz Sony Blu-ray player Bluetooth There are user accounts set up Jeff and Star Now BSOD, RAID 0 Error + others on to the problems I can log into user account Star Once the desktop loads there is a task bar error message stating quot A drive in a RAID volume is failing Try to back up immediately quot I ve launched the Intel Matrix Storage Console Listed under RAID hard drives both the Fujitsu drives are listed with a red quot X quot next to the name They are listed as port and port There are no other hard drives on the laptop In device manager portable devices-yellow exclamation for Microsoft WPD FileSystem Volume Driver When I try to log on to account Jeff one of things happen Either I get a BSOD with a reboot and a log file dump OR I get to the Welcome screen and it just hangs The owner of this laptop is worried about losing all the family pics and the songs he downloaded Legally through iTunes All the songs and pics are under user account Jeff which I can t log onto Those files are not shared with other users of the computer I know this is a host of problems and I m not sure if any all of them are related Thanks in advance for any help My st concern is getting the pics music safely copied Robin nbsp

Relevancy 41.28%

Years ago I inherited a Dell XPS-720 running XP that came with an Nvidia Raid system that I really know nothing about. I never do a backup on that computer because I figured that I would be covered by the raid system if anything disastrous occurred. For the past several months now I've been getting an error message during the boot process. It is a flashing red error message for several seconds that reads as follows:

Detecting Arrays
0 DEGRADED NVIDIA MIRROR 698.63G
1 DEGRADED NVIDIA MIRROR 698.63G

I have PDF manual for the raid system, which describes a way for rebuilding the arrays. My questions is - can I do this safely without damaging anything that currently exists on my hard drive?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-raid-error-with-xp.1028272/
Relevancy 41.28%

got a RAID error after i ejected a dvd (verbatim) movie. is this something to be concerned about? everything's fine in device mgr & at first i thought maybe the drive would be missing from "computer" but it's not. does this have anything to do with the fact i made drive E boot 3rd and drive F second with hdd first? thx

A:Solved: RAID error

same error again today after playing a netflix blu ray movie in same drive. is this a bad drive?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-raid-error.884465/
Relevancy 41.28%

THIS IS GONNA GET LENGTHY SO ANYONE THAT KNOWS HOW TO HELP PLEASE KEEP READING I know I haven t posted much in the forums but I ve been lurking around techspot for ages and I know how great it is but now I need help Backround Okay so I have this computer harddrives NForce DFI-Lanparty motherboard really good gpu and an Opteron processor Just a bit of hardware info to get an idea Aside from that of those harddrives I believe of Hitachi brand were set up in RAID I didn t build this computer but it was a built by someone and I got it for an amazing deal from that guy so I didn t get to build my own like I was planning and learn how everything works quite Well ever since my problem occured I ve researched like crazy and I know more but unfortunately I haven t found a solution to my problem The Cause I bought gigs of OCZ ram to match my current gig it installed fine at first Please Error RAID Possible Help If Unformatted - but then in order to work I had to reset the CMOS BIOS and all other setup functions to make it reallocate the new RAM Well stupidly since I bought the computer ages ago forgot about the RAID setup and forgot to reconfigure it and so windows started everything worked then all of a sudden my computer found two new drives I looked unformatted drives and I knew what happened The Problem I tried to reconfigure RAID and repartition it but it wouldn t let me make it accessible because it was now quot unformatted quot or FAT BIG PROBLEM because I was installing the ram so I RAID Unformatted Error - Please Help If Possible could speed up the transfer process of ALL my important files from that drive to my brand new external drive There is about years of important photos on there I am a designer and lost about years of important work all my website data portfolio films I was working on and my entire game that I was designing At first I wanted the photos off and I have a free program called PhotoRec exe that works pretty well minus the fact that RAID Unformatted Error - Please Help If Possible I keep a database of templates that is about templates strong with about images to each template That s ALOT of pictures and the program has only found a few thousand of those and hasn t even reached my photos But it is living proof that I CAN get data off Solutions So far that photo program may work but it will take weeks at this rate and that doesn t solve my gargantuan problem of everything else on that drive I know it might not all be salvageable but I gotta try The RAID is gonna remain unformatted until I figure it out Some say that using a Live CD of linux helped them and so I tried quot Damn Small Linux quot which one forum suggested but when I tried to back out of the CD and find the HD HDA and HDB directories it wouldn t leave what seemed to be the cd s directory if there is another Live CD I should try like Ubuntu and someone could please guide me through it Another thing though I don t have the cash to buy one of these lame recovery programs that work like of the time and spend weeks just scanning the drives Is there any one out there that knows what I can do Please do help Thank you so much If I need to shorten this just tell me nbsp

A:RAID Unformatted Error - Please Help If Possible

there are several file recovery programs out there. Some are better than others. But a large hard drive with thousands of files can take a long time no matter what. Using linux/unix will not work with windows unless you have some sort of unix program that can access windows directories.

In te future always back up important files offline to a secondary storage device, especially when doing drastic changes. Adding ram should not require changes to BIOS. Read the updating ram guide in the guides forum.

When you tried to reconfigure the raid, you wiped out the boot and directory sectors. your data is still there, provided you didn't format or overwrite it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-unformatted-error-please-help-if-possible.78575/
Relevancy 40.85%

Dell with 2 120Gb drives in running XP

I don't know much about RAID but I think it is the Mirror type

Wouldn't boot after 15 Updates apparently. Tried to do a Repair Reinstall, but seem to have a Dell Disc with XP Prof on it and not Home which the sticker says on the computer. Therefore it wouldn't do the repair.

Used a Linux disk to copy over a Restore Point from back in time to the Config folder in System32 - had trouble writing to one disk using this facility

Tried chkdsk /r using another XP setup disk and found no trouble - but which disk is this checking??????

I guess the mirror facility copies the main disk - how do I utilize the RAID facility to mend this darn thing assuming 1 disk might be OK ???

Screenshots attached

A:RAID won't Boot - Error 0x000000FC

It is Intel Raid

Can I revert back to non raid without destroying any data

I have made an image of (what I think is) disk 1

Can't seem to do it with disk 2 as it says it needs to format it when plugged in via usb on another computer (used linux to read directories on it though)

Pressing Cntrl + I brings up the RAID window - not sure what to do next

Can I revert back to non raid using 1 disk without destroying data

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-wont-boot-error-0x000000fc.1110585/
Relevancy 40.85%

I have win xp and I cannot fined where to fix this error code 10 device will not start is there someone that can help me. ::

A:Raid Card (Error Code 10)

Hi and Welcome to TSF

Did you install Windows on this system or was it pre-installed? Were the RAID drivers installed ? What other devices ar installed on your system?

In the Device Manager, remove the device and reboot allowing Windows to redetect it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/raid-card-error-code-10-a-105884.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi, I am new to this forum and all forums in general so hope I am posting this to the correct place.

I am getting a raid 0 error on my PC and am looking at ways to fix this however I do not have a complete Backup and Restore. What I want to know is if I now do a Vista Complete backup and restore (including OS) will it be effective now that I have this raid 0 error, i.e. will I be able to use it and not reintroduce the problem?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/371864/pc-backup-restore-after-raid-0-error/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello I wondered if anyone could help again.

I have a server with 30 X 74GB HDD on raid 5 with 3 LUNS. We had a major problem which has been semi resolved, but there are a few clean up problems. One of which is as follows...

"Event ID 11" The driver detected a controller error on \device\\Harddisk13\DR13

There is no physical or logical device on This port.

This is running Server 2000 with the latest service pack.

Advise would be appreciated...

Thank you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-5-disk13-controller-error.23096/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi,

I am attempting to install the software SATARaid5 from Silicon Image to run a ESata 3124 RAID controller, but at the end of the install, I get;

"An Error occurred while copying file SiWinAcc.sys. Cannot copy file to destination directory. Click Retry to retry the operation or click cancel to"

and the error message cuts off with the "retry" and "cancel" buttons below.

Of course, retry just pops up the same error message, BUT cancel brings up a box that asks, "do you want to continue setup without copying this file? and if you answer Yes, the installer finishes and proclaims success.

If you go check the directory, there the file is, but I am unsure it is uncorrupted, PLUS I cannot get this RAID driver to work properly.

Suggestions?

Dell T5400
16 GB ram
8 x 2.5 Intel Xeon processors
2.5 TB internal drives
5 TB external enclosure
Vista Business 64 bit

Thanks for suggestions.

A:File error setting up RAID

Oh forget it. I finally got the RAID software to load and then it proceeded to flake out and lose drive volumes on format or initialization!

I'd advise everyone to stay away from Silicon Imaging Esata RAID cards; they are not worth the pain in Vista 64!

I am going to write if off as a bad purchase as it will cost me less to toss it in the trash than to try to make it work!

A day and a half down the drain...

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/224435-file-error-setting-up-raid.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I have an ASUS K8V SE Deluxe motherboard and a 500GB SATA hard drive and trying to install Windows XP on it. I have to use a driver for the hard drive during setup like a SCSI or RAID array, so I press F6 at the beginning and get to the point of inserting the floppy and choosing the driver to install. When I select the correct driver for the Promise controller and press enter, another error comes up and I have no clue what to do now. The error says:

File \WinXP\fasttx2k.sys caused an unexpected error (18) at line 2113 in d:\xpsprtm\base\boot\setup\oemdisk.c.

If anyone can help, much is appreciated.

A:Error When Installing RAID Drivers

There is a problem on your XP CD. Is this the disc for this original equipment manufacturer (OEM) computer or are you trying to load a disc from another computer? If the prior, then the disc is looking for specific hardware that this computer does not have (hence the OEM in the error). If this is a new motherboard, you shouldn't have to install SATA drivers anyways, they should be part of the bios.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/error-when-installing-raid-drivers-380578.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I currently have 4*160 GB SATA drives in a Raid 0+1 array, MSI K8N Platinum SLI motherboard with an AMD 3500+ controller. My computer hung up and froze and when it rebooted there was a RAID error. 2 of the drives had errors and the array was degraded. I have been unable to find anything on how to resolve this short of reformatting everything or taking out a drive and replacing it.

Any suggestions? This is the second time this has happened. I thought the RAID 0+1 was supposed to be redundant and prevent these problems.

Thanks for any help.

A:Raid Array - Error and Degraded

As you probably know A RAID 0+1 array can consist of any number of hard disk drive members, as long as there is an even number of disks, minimum of four.

Also though if one disk is degraded no problem but if two disks are degraded you're stuck (minimum of 4 remember). RAID 0+1 allows for one disk failure without the loss of any data. When an array is degraded the data on the array is still available.

I'm not an expert at recovery but my limited knowledge tells me that if two of your drives have errors you will not be able to recover using the RAID 0+1 configuration. Hopefully someone will jump in here with a better background.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-array-error-and-degraded.445246/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi Everyone I recently was asked to look at a server that was giving disk CRC read errors It is setup as a Virtual Machine VM ware server I was instructed to break the raid raid- perform a low-level format - CRC drive error RAID which died? on of the three Sata drives that were in the raid array and then recreate the raid reinstall Windows Server R and the VM ware images The instructions given to me to low-level format the drives should format around any bad sectors on the hard drive I did all of the above and now we still get the CRC error So it seems one of the drives needs to be replaced but I don t really want to have to buy new drives when only one is down CRC error on RAID - which drive died? Can anyone recommend a method or application that will allow me to establish what drive or drives have the problem Will a chkdisk command do it Thanks for any advice I realise whatever I use will take a fair whack of time Hunter nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

Dell with 2 120Gb drives in running XP

I don't know much about RAID but I think it is the Mirror type

Wouldn't boot after 15 Updates apparently. Tried to do a Repair Reinstall, but seem to have a Dell Disc with XP Prof on it and not Home which the sticker says on the computer. Therefore it wouldn't do the repair.

Used a Linux disk to copy over a Restore Point from back in time to the Config folder in System32 - had trouble writing to one disk using this facility

Tried chkdsk /r using another XP setup disk and found no trouble - but which disk is this checking??????

I guess the mirror facility copies the main disk - how do I utilize the RAID facility to mend this darn thing assuming 1 disk might be OK ???

Can't find the XP disks to do a Repair Reinstall.....
(can these be downloaded from the dell website??)

A:RAID won't Boot - Error 0x000000FC

It is Intel Raid

Can I revert back to non raid without destroying any data

I have made an image of (what I think is) disk 1

Can't seem to do it with disk 2 as it says it needs to format it when plugged in via usb on another computer (used linux to read directories on it though)

Pressing Cntrl + I brings up the RAID window - not sure what to do next

Can I revert back to non raid using 1 disk without destroying data

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/raid-wont-boot-error-0x000000fc-730961.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Just a quick backstory before I post the details I am currently living in Florida and won't be back at home Michigan until the end of March I built a computer to record TV shows it's basically just standard hardware motherboard some budget RAM sticks an AMD Radeon video card etc with the Ceton causes error Controller BCCode: RAID 51 bluescreens, InfiniTV tuner as its main component Using a CableCARD from my cable service in Michigan I can record up to shows at once and essentially use this computer as a giant DVR OS-wise it's running Windows Enterprise x with SP Why Enterprise I'm a TechNet member and have one of those Enterprise keys that can be activated times so I figured I'd use it for this Why not right All the TV recording functions are done through Windows RAID Controller causes bluescreens, error BCCode: 51 Media Center Before about a month ago it just had a couple of TB hard drives for storing my recordings But given that I've had this computer for a couple years the hard drives would fill up often and I had to keep moving my recordings to another computer I had an external RAID storage device with about TB of combined storage and stored my stuff on there Until a few months ago when I tried to add another hard RAID Controller causes bluescreens, error BCCode: 51 drive to the array and the entire thing broke on me due to it being RAID Controller causes bluescreens, error BCCode: 51 a really cheap external enclosure After recovering what I could I sold off the drives and got myself a set of TB Western Digital Red drives as those are specially made for RAID storage I figured it makes more sense to just store all of the files to the TV-recording machine as that will ultimately save time in the long run when it comes to moving files around So I got myself a RAID card and some hotswap bays so that my mother can easily swap drives out if they fail since I won't be home most of the time and set it all up However ever since the computer will blue-screen randomly and I can't figure out why The actual RAID hardware works fine It sees all hard drives Windows shows the driver as working properly and I can use the MegaRAID software to manage it I've created a RAID array with TB and can copy data to and from it Using CrystalDiskMark I can confirm that it has pretty normal read and write speeds for an array of that size When it does bluescreen it gives me a quot memory quot error As in the main cause for that particular error is because of the memory So I used both the Windows built-in RAM diagnostic and Memtest x and both of those came back fine with no errors Considering that it never crashed before adding the RAID hardware I would assume it has to do with the RAID card but why The drivers are installed properly and my computer can see the partition fine Here's some more info The most recent bluescreen Actually this one shows as a registry error not memory Code - - dmp PM REGISTRY ERROR x fffff a b ec bdb ntoskrnl exe ntoskrnl exe efc NT Kernel amp System Microsoft Windows Operating System Microsoft Corporation win sp gdr - x ntoskrnl exe efc C Windows Minidump - - dmp Here's one from the time before last that shows MEMORY MANAGEMENT like most of them Code - - dmp AM MEMORY MANAGEMENT x a ntoskrnl exe ntoskrnl exe efc NT Kernel amp System Microsoft Windows Operating System Microsoft Corporation win sp gdr - x ntoskrnl exe efc C Windows Minidump - - dmp If anyone wants the dmp files I'd be happy to upload them Using Nirsoft's tool I can see a ton of the bluescreen history But here's the really weird part I have my computer set to automatically reboot when it bluescreens you know the default in Windows but yet it doesn't My mom tells me that when it crashes there is NOTHING on-screen I've got a monitor hooked up to it so she can read off diagnostics if needed that the light is green meaning there's a signal orange is no signal but totally black My friend suggested that the blue-screen itself crashed is that possible I've never heard ... Read more

A:RAID Controller causes bluescreens, error BCCode: 51

Hi,

Please use this tool to run some diagnostics and then upload it here for us:

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/275856-raid-controller-causes-bluescreens-error-bccode-51-a.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Why when I click get thi error You don`t have any RAID system, but after while the raid system shows?

OS6.build_195_v1.1.9.2.ROW after ud Lenovo Beacon Version 1.7.1013.0, OS6.build_195_v1.1.10.2.ROW, latest OS6.build_195_v1.1.12.2.ROWLenovo IdeaPad s12Ion, Levovo G580, Lenovo B5400.....

A:Lenovo Beacon error You don`t have any RAID system...

I have this problem as well. I have raid 1 with two 3TB disks WD red and have to wait 2-3 minutes after start to disapear the error. Then it works fine. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Beacon-Stick-300-D-J-and/Lenovo-Beacon-error-You-don-t-have-any-RAID-system/td-p/2034789
Relevancy 40.42%

Background Built my PC about a year ago and in the course of debating for against a SSD I ended up wandering down the RAID trail instead I decided to do four GB Seagate SATA drives with arrays LDs One for my OS which I array 1+0 RAID No - ideas error, Offline striped across all drives in a RAID with GBs and a second LD for storage which I set up as a RAID with the remaining capacity GB mirrored I have an on-board raid controller that uses SMART made by AMD Situation Was copying a large iso onto my storage drive from USB I think I was actually extracting an archive from the USB to my storage drive when the whole thing just black screened and powered off like the cable was pulled I swear a couple times and when RAID 1+0 array error, Offline - No ideas I turn it back on it does not load the OS but gives an error such as Boot Device Not Found I turned it off and unplugged it for a few days due to not having time So I turn it back on today and it boots into my OS windows but gives an error from AMD RAID Storage error time stamp basically So I reboot and get into the Raid controller menu and this is what I ve got In Drive Assignments Page Port ID-----------------Drive Model------------------Capabilities------------------Capacity GB ------------------Assignment ST AS SATA G S M A R T Error Extent LD - Extent Free ST AS SATA G S M A R T Health Extent LD - Extent LD - ST AS SATA G S M A R T Health Extent LD - Extent Free ST AS SATA G S M A R T Health Extent LD - Extent Free Then I look in the LD View Menu LD No RAID Mode Drv Capacity GB Status LD Raid Functional LD Raid Off Line I hadn t received any error messages before this happened and it had really been working great I would not do this set up again due to how complicated it is I already have a new SSD to put my OS on and then I would just have a simple RAID for my storage after I get a hardware raid card But anyway what do I do to fix this Sorry I just have no idea and the internet is not giving me any solid resources Thanks for your consideration you guys are always my last line of defense Nate nbsp

A:RAID 1+0 array error, Offline - No ideas

In a word: Nothing.

If you have access to data on that RAID that you need, get if off now, while you can.

1) Tell RAID to remove the Arrary, make drives blank/normal.
2) disable RAID.
3) Reformat drives as regular drives. Since your SSD is your boot/Applications (go ahead and install your APPS... I'm only using about 20GB of space with ALL my apps and Windows 7 - not games). Make Drive #1 = Data, Drive #2 = games.

Optional: Use remaining two drives as Backup (use external cases) or as RAID-1, which still doesn't give you protection against virus.

I'd go with external backup. Less noise, vibration and heat inside the case... and you are not spending $150~250 for a good low-end RAID card - why bother. Those that costs $15~75 are no better, if not worse than onboard controllers. Onboard AMD RAID works pretty good actually. The fault is not the controller, just the general use of RAID-0, especially striped across 4 drives, the added complexity begs for failure. With RAID 0, a simple error which wouldn't effect a normal drive would devastate a RAID 0.

Real RAID controllers costs $300~1500,

When it comes to SSD, do research into those as well. You can spend $95~200 on a 120GB SSD drive... guess which one is crap? As of today, I'd still go with intel for SSD, even if they are not the fastest.

Boot time with an intel SSD 320 or 520 was about 14 seconds after POST with an Intel i5-2500K system. My Q6600 boots in 35 seconds (vs 105 seconds with HD)... my mobo is not optimized for SSD.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-1-0-array-error-offline-no-ideas.1048653/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi, I've just installed one of these:

Eastern Computers - SATA & IDE Green PCI Desktop Driver: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

(Eastern Computers - SATA & IDE Green PCI Desktop Driver Controller Card).

The card installed fine, but when I connect some disks to it I get an error is device manager:
"This device cannot start. (Code 10)". I'm running Windows 7. I've refreshed the driver (windows says it has the latest driver installed). I've also tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling. The driver version is 7.0.9600.6352.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/391327-code-10-error-sata-raid-card.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Windows XP Pro SP - with error Windows RAID SATA drives Pro SP2 XP error with SATA - RAID drives STOP x B Hi there here are my system specs Asus P LD Mobo P Ghz MB x WD GB SATA HDDs GB DDR RAM I am trying to setup the two identical HDDs as a raid set and windows is having problems with it I have done Windows XP Pro SP2 error with SATA - RAID drives the following in order - Set the IDE config to RAID in BIOS - Setup a RAID array using the two HDDs which seems to be working fine - Restart the comp and begin installing windows - Press F to use the asus RAID drivers - Drivers install fine and windows continues to load it s files - The message quot windows is starting quot pops up and then I get a STOP error which freezes my comp Here is the STOP error STOP x B xF D xC x x I looked the error up on the MS website and reached the conclusion that windows isn t liking my HDDs for some reason I have tried only using one of the HDDs in case one is broken with no success I have tried using the latest RAID driver Windows XP Pro SP2 error with SATA - RAID drives from the ASUS website no luck I have updated the BIOS with the latest files no luck I have even tried only using one of the RAM chips in case it was those no luck Its the same error EVERY TIME i ve been at this for a good two days nothing seems to work Any ideas nbsp

A:Windows XP Pro SP2 error with SATA - RAID drives

Have you tried using a different installation CD?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-pro-sp2-error-with-sata-raid-drives.33616/
Relevancy 40.42%

I just ordered all new parts for a new computer with a raid 0. The hard drives are the exact same drive and they are all connected properly. I set up raid within the bios as the motherboard manual says and then when I go to install the drivers for the sata controller it cannot read my drivers. I have tried this with a usb drive and a floppy drive and no luck. If i try and install windows without the drivers i get a blue screen when the xp disc tries to pull up the hard drive information. Can anyone help me with this?

A:Blue screen error when installing Raid 0

Try slipstreaming the drivers on the XP CD : http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...-installation/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-error-when-installing-raid-0-a-327862.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hey, I've recently tried to install a new graphics card into a Dell Dimension 9200 pc. However, after booting up it went straight to the bios saying that there was an error with the raid drive. I have no idea how this has happened and what to do. The error isn't being given, it just says error occured.

I tried putting the old card back in but the same thing has happened. Before i installed i didnt shutdown the pc properly and was wondering if that could have caused the problem?

The harddrive in question is a samsung sp2504c

Cheers.

A:Raid error since installing new graphics card

Before i installed i didnt shutdown the pc properly and was wondering if that could have caused the problem?Click to expand...

Yes, it is never a good idea to do that.
Check to see if you have the Intel Matrix Storage Manager software installed, it should be in the Start> All Programs group, if so launch it, the specific error should be in there, you may have to poke around in the software to find it.

If it is not installed, get it here and install it.

http://support.dell.com/support/dow...typeid=-1&dateid=-1&formatid=-1&fileid=211961

Most likely the error has corrected itself.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-error-since-installing-new-graphics-card.893043/
Relevancy 40.42%

On boot raid screen was saying mirrored drives were both degrading Rebooted and cleared replace utility error. mbr need to raid in in entered nvidia raid utility bare bones to look at drives Both looked good and could not understand warning message Saw the clear cleared mbr in raid utility in error. need to replace mbr and mistakenly thought I was clearing error messages Not too bright from this vantage point right now After much reading now realize what an mbr is and what it was that I pooched In any event have tried windows install disc to create a fix as well as testdisk I have test disk on a flash drive Windows on it's own cannot repair It doesn't even see When the flash drive is attached it sees but it still cannot make the repair It says so It also says to remove any media that has been attached I also followed a repair through the command prompt but that led nowhere and did nothing Is there a way to make this repair I do not have the ability to retrieve my data nor do I have a back up The mirror was supposed to be my back up Any help would surely be appreciated Thanks Bill

A:cleared mbr in raid utility in error. need to replace

Go into the BIOS --> Advanced --> peripheral config --> secondary Sata controller .... is it enabled or disabled?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/282586-cleared-mbr-raid-utility-error-need-replace.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I bought two new SSDs to be 0 Read 10 Windows Error SSD RAID Disk used in a RAID configuration with a Dell under Windows Before the drives I arrived I configured two old HDDs in RAID and installed Windows as a clean install This worked perfectly Once the new SSDs arrived I configured these in RAID and started a clean install Windows correctly identified the disk and the capacity and the install completed without issue When the computer restarts I got a quot A disk read error occurred quot error If I boot from the installation media to a command prompt I can see that the Windows files have been correctly installed to the C drive of RAID 0 SSD Windows 10 Disk Read Error the RAID array I try fixing the MBR but this does not solve the issue I also tried loading the RAID drive during Windows install but this made no difference and if it was the driver causing the issue it would not have worked with my old HDDs If I open diskpart I see that the drive is not marked as boot which it is when I check these details on the old HDDs in RAID Any help will be greatly appreciated Many thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/44705-raid-0-ssd-windows-10-disk-read-error.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I just ordered all new parts for a new computer with a raid 0. The hard drives are the exact same drive and they are all connected properly. I set up raid within the bios as the motherboard manual says and then when I go to install the drivers for the sata controller it cannot read my drivers. I have tried this with a usb drive and a floppy drive and no luck. If i try and install windows without the drivers i get a blue screen when the xp disc tries to pull up the hard drive information. Can anyone help me with this?

A:Blue screen error when installing Raid 0?

Usually the xp setup will not blue screen if it cant find the drivers for the sata controller. It will usually just tell you that is cant fin the hard drive. This would be the time where you make sure that your memory timings are correct. Also, if you cant load the drivers from a floppy, make sure that the drivers are the right ones. Dealing with RAID, sometimes from my experience, it is hard to find boot drivers for windows setup.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-screen-error-when-installing-raid-0.118494/
Relevancy 40.42%

Greetings, i have a RAID 1 array made from two 160gb disks, each on a diferent channel on a SIL 0680 IDE- PCI Card

it has ben working flawlesly until today when i get this error, and im not sure what to do, all seems to be ok and working, but does this means the drive is about to fail /has bad sectors and data integrity is at risk?

in any case, shoudl i just run of the computer replace the disk 0 , with another one, and it should rebuild?

im so confussed sorry, i have big files here, videos that i have to work with, and iom scared to loose them, and too bnig t even try to back up, thank you very muich
error:
04-August-2005 17:04.12 Warning - SCSI Error - Medium Error
Error ocurred on Primary Master device on adapter 0. Primary Master - Key 03 - ASC 00, ASCQ 00 - CDB 28 00 02 13 14 6f 00 00 80 00 - INFO 55 13 14 d3

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-1-error-on-1-drive-how-to-change-and-rebuild.387509/
Relevancy 40.42%

I have just formatted two Seagate gb Sata drives Solved: error messages RAID Sata and am trying to set them up as a RAID array but have run into these problems upon system boot When entering the RAID Solved: RAID Sata error messages setup RAID Utility both drives are there but when I try to select the drives by using Select Disk Drives I get the following error message HDD is not enough When entering the RAID bios TAB the window shows a Critical Status for the RAID array and when trying to duplicate the array is does so for a while and then gives this error message Duplicating error Array is Solved: RAID Sata error messages no functional Both HD s are shown in the failed array I have set up the bios to boot first from the XP disk and also have a floppy drive that I can use to install the RAID drivers for the ASUS P V D-X mother board which has an onboard SATA controller VIA VT SATA RAID Host Controller I don t know if I have a bad controller or maybe I m just missing something obvious any suggestions would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 40.42%

I have an ECS KN1 NForce4 motherboard and an SATA RAID (2 x Western Digital 200GB SATA Drives) setup.

I downloaded the latest NForce drivers and copied the appropriate XP RAID Drivers to a floppy.

I start the XP install, Press F6, select the drivers for the SATA RAID and then press Enter to continue. The install loads some generic SCSI/3rd Party drivers and then says 'Windows is starting...' at the bottom.

Then my computer reboots.

I've tried with both an original XP Pro setup disk and one embedded with SP2. Same thing happens. I've tried with 5.10 Nforce drivers, and with the newest 6.6 drivers. I don't have any other drives attached to my system - just the CDROM as IDE0 Master and the SATA RAID.

I am out of ideas. Got any for me?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-pro-sata-raid-install-error.396032/
Relevancy 40.42%

I have a vista machine with 3 HDD and was just looking thru Intel Matrix Storage Console to learn how it works and kept hitting a button couple of times as nothing was changing and all of a sudden I see that it started creating raid so fearfully restarted windows to find the data on 2nd HDD is all gone, infect I don't see it listed under My Computer. So I've turned off the machine for now. I want to recover the data some how and need your help. I've another machine with windows XP if your suggestion involves connecting the HDD to a different machine for data recovery. Please help!

Thanks
HP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/activated-raid-by-error-lost-data-on-second-hdd.814961/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi there Yesterday my computer was shut down when I returned home nbsp I may have lost power but with as different shows reads RAW, RAID 5 RAW RAID duplicate software Windows drive letter? I am connected to a UPS that Windows software RAID 5 reads as RAW, duplicate RAW RAID shows with different drive letter? should have kept me safe from any surges nbsp Turning the computer on my RAID drive drive letter M is gone and a mysterious new drive has appeared labeled as drive E also showing as a RAW drive In disk management I can see that drive M is its normal size GB nbsp I am using x TB drives nbsp Intel Rapid Storage nbsp Technologhe shows all four drives as healthy and functional nbsp Drive E shows in Disk Management the same as Drive M and I have no idea how it ended up there and what I should do with it nbsp My C drive shows up and works normally where I have my Windows software RAID 5 reads as RAW, duplicate RAW RAID shows with different drive letter? OS and programs installed Not sure where to start but hoping it is just an issue with the MBR nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7a878433-189f-48bd-83e8-6a2f482399e8/windows-software-raid-5-reads-as-raw-duplicate-raw-raid-shows-with-different-drive-letter?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 40.42%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc RAID load RAID<input when on windows to tries driver no with BSOD system type= U CN B BJ Antivirus Norton Internet Security Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled Originally every - mos now every - wks during windows startup I get a blue screen quot A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer quot I disconnect power wait a couple of minutes and restart It restarts normally then I get quot The system BSOD when windows tries to load RAID driver on system with no RAID<input type= has recovered from a serious error - please tell Microsoft quot I send error report Windows error reporting responds quot Download and install driver for RAID controller from Intel website quot I follow the link and download iata env exe but when I try to run it I get quot BSOD when windows tries to load RAID driver on system with no RAID<input type= This computer BSOD when windows tries to load RAID driver on system with no RAID<input type= does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software quot This doesn t surprise me since I do not have a RAID controller on this system My question is - how do I stop Windows from looking for RAID drivers to load at startup There is no RAID controller listed in Device Manager so I can t disable it there This started some months after I upgraded some Intel drivers about yrs ago but I do not know what they were or how to un-upgrade them nbsp

A:BSOD when windows tries to load RAID driver on system with no RAID<input type=

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-when-windows-tries-to-load-raid-driver-on-system-with-no-raid-input-type.1002624/
Relevancy 40.42%

I ordered a 3620 with 2 hard drives configured for RAID 0. It has already shipped. I realize now that I made a mistake and should have ordered the RAID 1 configuration. I realize this will reduce my total drive capacity.
Also, I'm planning on adding a 3rd HDD that I do not wanted to be included in the RAID. Any help on switching RAID levels and adding the 3rd drive would be appreciated. I'm expecting the machine to arrive tomorrow.
Thanks.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19997378
Relevancy 40.42%

Yesterday I woke boot question disk issues RAID Solved: RAID - disappearing - up to find my computer had bluescreened overnight scsiport sys was in the bsod message Solved: RAID boot issues - disappearing disk - RAID question and the stop error code was a --------------- x A KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR Click to consult the online MSDN article A page of kernel data was not found Solved: RAID boot issues - disappearing disk - RAID question in the pagefile and could not be read into memory Solved: RAID boot issues - disappearing disk - RAID question This might be due to incompatible disk or controller drivers firmware or hardware Windows NT Setup Troubleshooting Guide KB NT Recommendations for the current error message are buried down inside this article which isn t necessarily limited to NT Connecting a Hard Disk Drive in Slave Only Mode Leads to System Halt During Resume From Standby KB Win XP SP Windows installed on a slave drive BIOS Manufacturers Should Not Clear the IDE Decode Enable Bit in STM ACPI Method KB Win Win XP Server Vista via http aumha org a stop htm -------------------- The system has preformed fairly flawlessly up to this save for a CPU fan error which I may have caused in testing note to self never detach a system fan while the computer is running JUST to see if the fan readout warning system works and bluescreens a while back because I had both DVD drives set to cable select I rebooted several times and the system did not find a bootable drive - it would just hang at the cursor that displays before the XP splash screen appears Once my raid utility reported my RAID failed I have two Seagate GB RPM drives in RAID and a as a standalone drive I use for backup My board is an ASUS M V FULL SPECS SilverStone Temjim TJ case ASUS M V Socket AM VIA K T ATX Motherboard AMD Athlon X Windsor GHz Zalman Heatsink G SKILL GB x DDR PC SAPPHIRE Radeon X PRO MB -bit GDDR RAID Seagate Barracuda GB RPM SATA Hard Drive x Seagate Barracuda GB RPM SATA Hard Drive x SAMSUNG X DVD R LightScribe Black IDE w Powertek PSU OPTI-UPS Voltage Stabilizer SAMSUNG BW Black in ms DVI Widescreen LCD SAMSUNG NW Black in ms VG XP Pro SP The GB drives are in SATA ports amp and the GB is in the port labeled as RAID there are only available SATA ports The GB array is partitioned into a GB windows parition and a GB storage partition with some unallocated space on the disk Finally it booted to windows and I began to verify my data had been backed up which was not the case I use NovaBackup as an automated solution So I began to manually backup and the BSOD appeared again I rebooted and it once again hung on the cursor before the XP splash Rebooted several times and it finally went back to windows same BSOD after about - minutes Rebooted several times no go I booted to a live ubuntu CD and received error ata port failed to respond along with a slew of other errors I rebooted and it went to linux - no hard disks were found I disconnected the disk drives booted shutdown reconnected and booted again - same error Reseated RAM whynot - same error Long story short - after no less than reboots XP finally booted stably and I backed up my data The system has not had the same issue since yet I would not be surprised if it happens again However Last time I booted the GB disk had disappeared It was not in My Computer or Disk Manager Rebooted and it was available I am just looking for some information and advise on this issue My diagnosis is a failing raid controller on the board or a failing disk I ve listened closely to the drives and there is no audible sign of failure Perhaps I m using the RAID SATA port incorrectly I m looking for a disk utility to verify the integrity of the disks ---- Also I have a question about drives in RAID -- if I were to detach my RAID drives insert new drives and change the raid configuration would it be possible to reinstall the old drives change the raid config back to RAID and boot from the drives or would the RAID need to be rebuilt re... Read more

Relevancy 40.42%

I am running 7 pro 64bit on a ASUS p8p67 deluxe mobo and I copied all data from my 1tb storage D: drive to a backup external and proceded to install raid 5 with 3 single 1tb drives and the raid is up an running. However using Intel Rapid Storage Technology to setup the raid inside windows I had to use the drive letter R: because D: was not available in the list option. When I start some programs, the program is looking for the data on D: drive. Is there any way to change the letter of my raid storage from R: to D:?

Thanks
Jeff

A:RAID 5 switched from single storage to raid 5, lost drive letter

It's possible the cd-rom/dvd drive assigned itself as d: before the new raid was created.
This should be solvable using the windows disk management tool if that's the case.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/192411-raid-5-switched-single-storage-raid-5-lost-drive-letter.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Guys,

Is it possible to use a separate hard disk for your OS and programs with data storage on a RAID Array consisting of two (or more) identical hard disks?

Would the system disk need to be the same size as the disks used for the RAID Array?

Thanks!

Fly'n_Blind!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-can-you-use-a-independent-hd-for-your-system-disk-with-raid-array-for-data.83025/
Relevancy 39.99%

I am getting error messages in Vista Ultimate regarding my RAID array I have hard drives set up RAID I just bought a new mobo so it is a fresh install of Vista I used the drivers from the CD that came with the mobo and everything went well during install I have a GIGABYTE GA-P -DQ I previously had these two drives RAID on an Intel Bad Axe board and they woked flawlessly for a year although under WinXp These error messages pop up from the Intel Matrix Storage program and Vista task bar The message in the taskbar anounces the error and then suggests backing up all data Everything continues to work fine -- I have on ONE occassion received the BSOD but on restart I still had all my data and Vista still worked fine The error says there is a problem with one port port I have the SATA connections in ports and on my mobo I usually set the port to normal and continue working but the error will always persist Obviously I need to fix this as I haven t yet reloaded my data onto the drive in fear that it will just be wiped anyway I thought at first that it happened right after I installed the drivers from the CD that came with the mobo after my Vista install So I downloaded the newest 0 Raid Vista in Drive] Messages [Hard 32 Error version of the Intel Matrix drivers I believe and installed those but the error still occurrs I checked all my connections everything appears to be in order Does anybody know of any issues like this or what the possible problem is Is this an issue with Vista Do I need to delete the array and start from scratch and if so what drivers should I use during the install Can I just switch the cables to ports and or and - [Hard Drive] Raid 0 Error Messages in Vista 32 - in order to see if the ports on the mobo are bad Any recomendations would be great Thanks E B Core Duo GHz MB GIGABYTE GA-P -DQ Motherboard CORSAIR XMS GB DDR PC - - - EVGA GeForce GTX MB [Hard Drive] Raid 0 Error Messages in Vista 32 WD Caviar SE WD KS GB X RAID- SAMSUNG X DVD R DVD Burner Antec TPII- ATX V W Power Supply Antec P Case vista -bit Ultimate nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-raid-0-error-messages-in-vista-32.627371/
Relevancy 39.99%

I have installed Win 8.1 in some different way than normal. I have sysprepped Win 8.1 in VMware and then saved a image using Clonezilla. When I installed/copied this image to a new computer I removed admin account - before that I have created another admin account with another name. I have RAID array which is my D: partition and when I tried to download file using utorrent it gave me - error the disk is unreadable or corrupted. If i try to copy one file in D: it gives also same error with code 0x80070570.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/49540-error-code-0x80070570-when-trying-create-folder-raid.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Greetings I have had some interesting issues with my new build as of late and would appreciate some assistance I put together an AMD x with a gigabyte m ps mobo g of crucial ballistix RAM raid does bootcfg xp recognize hal.dll, error 1, win not install, unrecoverable and Seagate Barracuda gb drives in a RAID mirror array Install went fine and got first post without issue In the subsequent weeks I got occascional reboots without hal.dll, raid 1, bootcfg does not recognize win xp install, unrecoverable error warning and an old-school BSOD that would only stay on the screen for a few secs before continuing the reboot As a result I could only catch quot Kernal Stack Inpage Error quot did not get to see any error numbers It seems that it MAY have been more common while running uTorrent In reading about this error I went looking for a problem with the hal.dll, raid 1, bootcfg does not recognize win xp install, unrecoverable error HDs hal.dll, raid 1, bootcfg does not recognize win xp install, unrecoverable error I tried running chkdsk from the DOS window and from inside windows and on both occasions it froze On a subsequent reboot the OS would not boot and I got an error saying HAL DLL was broken I tried several methods of recovering this file through the recovery console but could not My mobo RAID controller says the RAID array is heathly and the mobo can recognize the drives The quot Seatools quot program from Seagate is odd because it has two display windows and one says quot two devices detected quot and the other says there are no Seagate drives in my rig When I first tried chkdsk from the recovery console I got the dreaded quot one or more unrecoverable errors quot message Since then I have run chkdsk r a couple more times in the recovery console somehow now I do not get that message Now each time it goes to about and then jumps back to before completing When it does complete it lists the total available space as somewhere around the correct amount that should be free However bootcfg cannot find my windows installation Any attempts to expand HAL DLL or access any file or directory results in a quot Access denied quot error I cannot use AllowAllPaths due to it being locked down in security settings that I cannot access In the end I have most all the data on a recent backup and it would not be the end of the world to format and restart but I am not really sure if the HDs have failed or not Is there any way to split the RAID and pull the data off assuming at least one drive is okay Is there any way to fix the file structure to allow me to boot from the array Will writing a new boot sector kill the data as fixmbr warns me Is there any utility in buying another drive installing windows and trying to recover the data Any other thoughts or suggestions Thanks so much dave nbsp

A:hal.dll, raid 1, bootcfg does not recognize win xp install, unrecoverable error

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hal-dll-raid-1-bootcfg-does-not-recognize-win-xp-install-unrecoverable-error.660552/
Relevancy 39.99%

I'm using a new Dell at work (an Optiplex GX280) with Windows XP, and it has recently been popping up with the following error:
"The device driver for the 'SCSI/RAID Host Controller' device is preventing the machine from entering standby. Please close all applications and try again. If the problem persists, you may need to update this driver."

That's the problem.

I've been to the Dell site, but don't see any drivers for SCSI/Raid anywhere on their site (here is where I was looking).

I also opened the Device Manager, and told the SCSI/RAID host controller to update the driver. It looks and looks and looks, but doesn't find anything.

How can I fix this?

Thanks!

Relevancy 39.99%

Hi,
I use a RAID 1 formation of 2 Seagate 2T hard drives. Chkdsk caused errors on drive "O" or the "C" drive so that it is unbootable. I saw the errors being caused and shut it down so the Mirror drive is still OK. What is the correct procedure for recovery here?
1) Does reversing the two drives in terms of their cabeling solve the problem or could the wrong one be copied?
2) Should the "Bad Drive "O" be removed and reformatted and then become the Mirror drive?
3) I assume that I should first make a good backup copy of the mirror drive
4) Any other precautions or suggestioons.
5) Seagate tools says the drive itself is OK
6) Does mirroring go both ways? or only from "O" to "1" drive?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-recover-from-raid-1-drive-0-chkdsk-created-error.858586/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi It's been a while since i've listed anything on this brilliant forum due to the fact that with people like Brink Shawn giving you infomation regarding a problem you've got you suddenly don't have that problem anymore So RAID crcdisk.sys SATA error Ultimate with Vista x64 as this goes against my usual grain in the space of just days I have had crcdisk sys crcdisk.sys error with SATA RAID Vista x64 Ultimate boot errors which have resulted in complete rebuilds - not a happy bunny I can tell you I'm running an ASUS P N -E SLI that's fully flashed to latest BIOS and have happily run it with a Q gig RAM and Vista x Ultimate on SATA RAID for the last months and had no problems whatsoever However on Monday I put the computer to sleep instead of shutting down so just crcdisk.sys error with SATA RAID Vista x64 Ultimate pressed the quot off quot button and went to bed - big mistake Next morning defaults have been loaded at POST it wouldn't boot and going through safe mode showed the dreaded quot crcdisk sys quot stopping place in the boot list so tried and tried to no avail and then spent hours reloading updating and installing right up to SP Woke up this morning switched on and suddenly the POST screen flashes up and it says that defaults have been loaded for some reason and lo and behold we're off again with quot crcdisk sys quot error and once again it's taken another hours to get back to a semblence of order My question is this is there ANY workaround when faced with the crcdisk sys error Bearing in mind I run a SATA RAID set-up so the problem does appear to be the loss or corruption of the Nvidia SATA RAID boot drivers Surely someone must have worked out a way of salvaging their operating system rather than doing a rebuild I have tried repair but that doesn't work even if you wait for hours for it to end its cycle nor does the memory check do anything of value Have searched Google but nothing's come of that so i'm hoping one of you guys with the big crcdisk.sys error with SATA RAID Vista x64 Ultimate brains can sort this out By the way sorry if in wrong topic section Many thanks

A:crcdisk.sys error with SATA RAID Vista x64 Ultimate

Come on Fellas, there must be someone who's got an idea regarding this problem?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/235408-crcdisk-sys-error-sata-raid-vista-x64-ultimate.html
Relevancy 39.99%

After I installed the card (I put in slot 6 on my z820) I booted up the machine and it rebooted itself and upon boot up gave me this error 928-Fatal PCIe error PCIe error detected Slot 6Malformed TLP tried moving the PCIe card (LSI-9280 8e) into slot 1, which I determined was the appropriate slot for the card, as slot 6 is x16 and slot 1 is x8. But when I rebooted I had the same problem. The system rebooted itself and gave the same error. Any thoughts on why this might be and how to proceed? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/928-Fatal-PCIe-error-Malformed-TLP-after-installing-RAID/td-p/5610867
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi I am running windows Vista bit on a Dell Dimension I havent made any changes recently I was just using the computer as per usual and it just froze I had a couple of programs open and I thought it may have just been one of them needing a lot of CPU so I left it and the blue screen flashed up saying quot beginning physical memory dump quot This wasnt on to long and then it restarted the computer When it gets to the Raid screen when its booting up it comes up with the HDD Port & error RAID occured Memory Dump Physical is fine but port has the message quot Error Occured quot I have done F to get to the boot screen and did Hard Disc Diagnostic and both came through as quot Pass quot Dell have a disc with other diagnostic tools however for some unknown reason its not allowing me to boot from the CD its a bootable disc as I have used this a fair few times I set the bios to boot from the CD drive and I also have manually from F boot menu chosen the disc drive however no matter what I try it just freezes and nothing happens I can still get onto windows however im not happy using the computer until this gets fixed I have contacted Dell but am waiting for a response but am expecting Physical Memory Dump & RAID error occured a generic quot please try the diagnostic tool on the CD quot even though I have informed them I cant get to it Since the problem occured I have tried updating the BIOS to see if this helped me boot to the CD drive but Physical Memory Dump & RAID error occured there is still no joy Some advice would be great Cheers nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/physical-memory-dump-raid-error-occured.666954/
Relevancy 39.99%

Good afternoon Having a bad day here trying to figure this out Father s computer is a gateway running XP and Error Intel (raid?) Storage Matrix Manager w Raid Windows will Intel Matrix Storage Manager Error (raid?) no longer boot after he tried to turn it back on from hibernate today The boot goes to Intel Matrix Storage Manager all ok except Port drive name - error occurred Than gives the prompt for Configuration Utility but I don t want to be deleting Raid if I don t have to I dont know what data I would end up losing either Than if you don t click that it goes to the windows didnt load properly menu None work and it will have windows trying to load forever I tried safe mode with prompt and it hangs up everytime at agpCPG sys I tried the gwbasic memory basic and smart tests no errors at all I did not try the extended yet as it will take hours Notes Upon going into Bios it seems I can not even change the boot order I downloaded an XP recovery disk and it won t boot up I can get it to go to Intel Boot Agent than it immediately goes back to the windows didnt load properly menu So far I can only get the gwbasic memory tests to boot up from a CD I tried all the reseeding and unplugging with no luck either Did a lot of research on here with the closest problem being an Itunes related one but they were allowed to still log into windows whereas I can not nor do we even have Itunes on here Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Mike nbsp

Relevancy 39.99%

I received a "critical" message of some sort regarding my RAID mirror array. I have 2 of the exact same type and size drives in the array, purchased on the exact same day, about 2 months ago. No problems until today's boot. No modifications to the array since first configured. The computer uses Windows 7. Any ideas how to investigate or resolve this issue? I am currently running chkdsk.

More details:

Drives are WD Green 1TB SATA (32MB cache)

Mobo is AMD

PSU is 550 Watt Logisys

Each drive has it's own set of "hard drive fans" attached to it

The SATA cables have a metal locking mechanism that securely keeps them connected

A:RAID Mirror Displayed Error Message at Boot

Update: chkdsk just finished and reported that no errors were found on the File System

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/raid-mirror-displayed-error-message-at-boot-457339.html
Relevancy 39.99%

"NVIDIA Boot Agent 201.0462
Copyright (c) 2001-2004 Nvidia corporations
Copyright (c) 1997-2000 intel Corporation
PXE-E61: Media Test Failure, check cable
PXE-M0F: Exiting NVIDIA Boot Agent
DISK BOOT FAILUR, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER

im getting this error message just put the computer together uhm evga 8800 320 mb evga 590 sli mobo amd x2 6000 and a wd 10k sata 150 hd i set the raid up on it and it insert system disk press enter any ideas does raid have to be set up at all even or can i run it just in sata mode or am i missing something shrug

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/do-i-have-to-set-up-raid-on-sata-150-hd-weird-error-message-installing-xp.603961/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi heres the story Was cleaning my tower with Array K8v it, grrrrrr Raid error, i se deluxe deleted air hose to get rid of the dust i must of knocked the sata hardrive lead as I now know the power lead came out As I didnt know this I started it as normal and K8v se deluxe Raid Array error, i deleted it, grrrrrr it came up with error saying sata raid not found or something and had the raid create delete raid etc me being a retard deleted the raid created a new one thinking this would work guess what it didnt I then took the side panel off to find K8v se deluxe Raid Array error, i deleted it, grrrrrr the unplugged power for the top hard drive conneted it started it and same thing about raid array deleted it and auto set up even manullay set up but every time i reboot i get the screen quot Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press key quot Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr a minute cleaning spree what I thought would look after my pc has turned into a nightmare I know a bit about building pc but have no clue with bios and raid stuff I can reboot and enter bios in adavance raid is still selected On the raid menu which tile is VIA tech VT serives sata raid bios ver I have options of create array deleted array select boot array serial number view under create is has auto setup for perfirmance array mode used to be and would like that again select drives block size k start create process etc etc on the main menu screen it shows both hard drives serial ch Master maxtor b m array sata stripe serial ch master maxtor b mo array sata stripe Please help pulling my hair out I have recently reloaded windows xp serivce pack so its a fresh install I havent got alot of data I would lose maybe a few days but would prefer to get it working I havent formatted anything or ran any programs just deleted the array in error Thanks Neil nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

hello everyone I am thinking to renew the whole data in current renew can data how array? RAID question: I raid the in raid array md My environment is raiddev dev md raid-level persistent-superblock chunk-size nr-raid-disks nr-spare-disks device dev hdb RAID question: how can I renew the data in raid array? raid-disk device dev hdd raid-disk this dev md is home so I m not booting from this disk and the other file systems including root and boot are on dev hda What I want to do is to renew the whole data in home Is there any way to do this by switching dev hdd with all new data copied then sync this new data to the other raid disk dev hdb FROM dev hdd the disk just added with new data TO dev hdb currently active raid disk Usually after switching the HDD to new one data in dev hdb is to be copied to dev hdd for recovery But in my case I want to do the opposite I would be so appreciated by all your helps Thank you nbsp

A:RAID question: how can I renew the data in raid array?

I'm not sure what you want to do.. You want to copy something to the /dev/hdd disk (from another computer maybe) and then copy the data from /dev/hdd to the RAID array?

Since you are using RAID1 then it should be fairly simple.
You just simulate disk failure by removing /dev/hdd. You could do this by making the hdd drive hdc instead (jumper it to be the secondary master). Now you mount the "hdc" drive (that really was you hdd) and copy whatever you want to /dev/md0.
Since it's a RAID1 array then all the data that goes to md0 is written to hdb and when the /dev/hdd comes back the RAID is syned onto both disks again.

I'm not sure if that makes any sense to you. Can't be less obscure than your post though

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-question-how-can-i-renew-the-data-in-raid-array.21482/
Relevancy 39.56%

could I add an internal non-raid hard disk drive to my computer and leave my other hard disk drives in a raid configuration ASUS tech support said that I could add optical DVD CD drives to my SATA connections on my mobo is that correct The mobo manual does not indicate that I can so I don t know if I should believe the tech guy or not unless the information is buried deeply and briefly in the manual - I sure can t find it in the manual My IDE controller on the mobo seems to be failing so I want to replace my IDE dvd and cd drives with SATA optical drives DVD Burner Lite - on LH- A H- CD Burner Lite - on LH- R P- Case Silverstone SSTemjinTJ CPU Intel Core Duo E Conroe GHz M shared L Cache LGA Processor CPU Cooler ZALMAN LED configuration? Non Solved: Disk 5 Drive Raid in Raid mm Ball Fax modem Encore ENF Solved: Non Raid Disk Drive in Raid 5 configuration? -ESW-MOPR Motherboard ASUS P B Deluxe LGA Intel P Express ATX Intel Floppy Drive NEC Black MB quot Internal Floppy Drive Model FD H- Power Supply OCZ GameXStream OCZ GXSSLI ATX V W Power Supply - V RAM Corsair total GB x GB -Pin Solved: Non Raid Disk Drive in Raid 5 configuration? DDR SDRAM DDR PC Video Card eGeForce GTX MB Hard Drves Seagate HD G ST K M SATA ST AS Raid configuration nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

I have a computer running XP which was built with a pair of GB hard drives which have met their limit in terms of free space so the user is wanting to upgrade These drives appear to be running in some kind of RAID setup via the motherboards built in RAID feature not a PCI card running this setup This is the first time I ve encountered a RAID setup in a home-based PC One other minor problem I have is this motherboard an Asus ABN-VM only has two SATA ports which are both used so I m going to have to clone to an external drive as an image file and then connect the new single GB drive and clone back drives) clone Need RAID to mirror non-RAID, a single to a HD (two from that image to the new drive However come to think of it I have an adapter that Need to clone a RAID mirror (two drives) to a non-RAID, single HD would allow me to connect the new drive to the PC via USB so scratch that concern I guess I decided to take the plunge and see what Clonezilla would do with the external USB drive I Need to clone a RAID mirror (two drives) to a non-RAID, single HD have and the two GB drives in the PC When the main menu appeared I told it that I wanted to work in device to image mode and then told it to mount all drives It then asked me Need to clone a RAID mirror (two drives) to a non-RAID, single HD to select the drive I wanted to use as the source but it presented both drives as individual drives not a single mirror as I was expecting the motherboard to present it as So don t know what to do from here Perhaps there s another cloning utility out there I could run from within Windows or could boot from a disc that would recognize this array and clone it to a single drive properly Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advanced nbsp

A:Need to clone a RAID mirror (two drives) to a non-RAID, single HD

If the drives are mirrored then imaging one drive should be all you need. If the drives are striped then the two drives are being combined together to make ~160GB drive.

I guess to determine this, what is the capacity of the main 'logical' drive? 80 or 160'ish?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-to-clone-a-raid-mirror-two-drives-to-a-non-raid-single-hd.1021396/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi..thanks for the help...I have XP installed on a non raid drive C: I am trying to install XP on a RAID0 set up.....I have tried to install the raid set up but the puter reboots after a BSOD right when it tries to get to my desktop...is it because of some conflict with another OS on the non raid drive? I tried to disconnect the non raid drive before booting up the raid XP but still..no dice...any ideas?
Thanks
FoxK

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hi-is-it-hard-to-install-a-copy-of-xp-on-a-raid-array-after-its-already-on-non-raid.480467/
Relevancy 39.56%

My mum recently gave her computer to me since she got a netbook and thought that she wasn t getting enough use out of such a computer An error message kept showing up when I powered on the computer apparently this had been showing up for some time It was on the Intel Matrix Storage Manager before Windows started one of the physical disks were listed in red However the computer was still in full working order but I wanted to get rid of the screen that kept coming up so in an attempt to fix it I went into the Matrix Storage Manager s configuration utility and Array Non-Raid :( to Reset now please help and nothing's 0 my Solved: working, Raid not knowing what it would do reset the disk listed in red to Non-Raid Now ever since I ve done that I ve seen nothing except the BIOS all that comes up after Solved: Reset my Raid 0 Array to Non-Raid and now nothing's working, help please :( the Matrix Storage Utility now is a device listing and it says at the bottom DISK BOOT FAILURE INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER I inserted an OS disk and nothing would come up Since then the closest thing I ve had to progress was by going into the BIOS settings and changing the hard disks SATA mode to IDE After setting it to that the Matrix Storage Utility doesn t show up which I thought was a good sign at first but then afterwards the same final screen shows up but the message at the bottom had changed Boot from CD Then after a couple of seconds loading it comes up with Missing Operating System Since I ve had this problem I ve tried discs to try and save my own I first tried a Windows xp installation disc but I still had no reaction after it said Boot from CD and carried on to show Missing Operating System I then went on to try the free operating system Ubuntu on disc that also had the same outcome I had a final try at making a disc with something on called Ultimate Boot CD which was supposed to be able to fix problems like I m having but yet again the same outcome Before it s mentioned I have had my boot priority set for CD first Here is a slideshow of pictures I ve taken of the screens I m getting from the computer Note Start at picture and go in a backwards order down to when I uploaded the pictures they came out in a back to front order I will also post details below talking you throw each picture http img imageshack us slideshow webpl id jpg That s a slideshow of pictures of different screens I ve accessed on the computer The first is the basic default start up screen The second is the screen that shows up next The third and fourth are from the menu that shows up when I press Ctrl I when on the second screen and as you can see it s saying I can t create a raid volume because of No disk space The fifth picture is what comes up after I exit that menu or don t press Ctrl I on the second screen The sixth seventh eighth and nineth pictures display me going into the BIOS and changing the hard disk to IDE note in each picture the options on the menu I have highlighted are the ones I go into which take me to the next screens if this helps The tenth screenshot is what comes up after the Philips screen when the computer s first turned on this is after I ve set the hard disk to IDE The eleventh screenshot is what comes up after that and is a slight change from the fifth Computer specifications Philips Freevents MT Intel Core Duo E GB HDD RAID SATA rpm GB DDR RAM MHz x DVD R RW DL OS Was running Windows Vista Ultimate until this happened Please please help me fix this problem I don t care about what s on the hard drive I had already backed up my mums documents and was still in the process of moving mine on there so mine are still backed up I don t care about the operating system going either I have xp or Ubuntu to go on However I just want the computer back up and running cause my mum s flipping out that I ve mucked it up and I ve been toying around on it and searching all over forums to try and fix it for two days now nothing s worked out nbsp

A:Solved: Reset my Raid 0 Array to Non-Raid and now nothing's working, help please :(

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-reset-my-raid-0-array-to-non-raid-and-now-nothings-working-help-please.917149/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi all My RAID I think I have two equal drives that are mirrored array was causing me a lot of pain It kept freezing up my system and having me to had to rebuild the RAID too often After a number of tests and browsing questions deleted array, have RAID Windows RAID - 7 but I ok info online I've decided that the RAID was the culprit of the freezing and BSODs that came once in a while Before deleting the RAID array I went and RAID - deleted RAID array, Windows 7 ok but I have questions used the Seagate my HDDs iso file and used their diagnostic tool to check the drives I did a long test of one of the HDD Device and it passed I deduced that this was at least a good drive I didn't do a long test for the other HDD Device But with both after a short test both passed I then went into the RAID manager DOS-looking screen before Windows starts and then 'reverted' Device to non-raid Then decided to choose 'delete RAID setup' for the Device All good so far I rebooted and Windows actually started fine This is where I'm at right now as I type this No freezing so far What I wanted to know is how do I find out which HDD Windows is booting off from Is there a command line I can use in command prompt window in DOS mode to find out this info It'd be great to know that I'm not on Device since I haven't done a Seagate diagnostic long test on that one Also I'd ideally want to have the second Device HDD formatted so that I can leave it in my tower and use it as an external HDD with Syncback This is the closest thing I can have to RAID and I'm perfectly happy if I can get that setup since I'm done school and don't do any heavy software and intense workload on my system that I'm risking a lot to lose Is this even possible Windows lists both disk drives in the device manager but only one drive C under 'My Computer' So far no freezing Before when RAID was still on my system I'd be frozen three times by now If anyone has any feedback about this I'd much appreciate it My system stats - Windows Home Premium full retail bit - age of system is approximately months - haven't formatted system since new install - Gigabyte motherboard

A:RAID - deleted RAID array, Windows 7 ok but I have questions

You can do into Disk Management and it will tell you which drive is used for booting. It will say it is active.

I am confused as to one part. You say you want to leave the second drive in your computer, but use it as an external. You can use one as your main drive, and use the other for backup...however a good backup process involves a drive that isn't readily available all the time. That being said, something like SyncToy from Microsoft will allow you to choose folders and on a schedule or manually, copy them to the second drive. I use this on my wife's laptop to keep her photos backed up to our server.

RAID has no place on a desktop system, so you are better off without it. But to get started, just go into Disk Management to see how your drives are configured now. Post a screenshot if need be.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/225503-raid-deleted-raid-array-windows-7-ok-but-i-have-questions.html
Relevancy 39.56%

My Eyes er bleedin_n_my heads a spinnin
Been readin Raid-0 threads n pages for weeks now

The more I read the more confusing it gets!

I have two new WD800JBs, two old Fireball Plus AS 40 gig drives,
and a 5th 20 gig Quantum drive...for...."Disk Management Console Tweaks."

A Gigabyte GA7vaxp mainboard with Onboard Promise, and an old FastTrak100 pci card.

1. Is the Promise card better then the onboard version?

2. Can I create a hardware Raid-0 array as my primary partion;
then go into Disk Management Console and create a 2ndary
Dynamic Disk Array with my old Fireballs?
Perhaps I should just keep my old Fireballs for Storage/Backup and buy another WD800jb (only 80 bucks) for a hardware controlled 3 drive array.........or single ata WD800jb with dynamic disk array.......?

Blah...........bla,bla.........blah, blah blah!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hardware-raid-0-xp-dynamic-disk-raid-0-combo.104351/
Relevancy 39.56%

The computer has been fine for around 2 years, never an issue. About an hour ago I reboot the machine and instead of having my RAID 1 as my C drive, I now have two identical drives, the C drive and the H drive.

How do I get them back to where they belong?

In the BIOS SATA is still set to RAID, and I admit that I didn't do the raid config. I am assuming it was RAID 1 because both drives are still working, just working separately instead of as one.

Any suggestions?

Windows 7 Pro 64bit

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/382296-lost-raid-after-pc-reboot-win7-pro-64bit-raid-1-a.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I keep trying to migrate it using minitool partition wizard but whenever the action has been completed it won't boot from the SSDs windows recovery comes up. Any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/migrate-os-from-3-raid-5-one-failed-hdds-to-2-raid-0-ssds.1166683/
Relevancy 39.56%

i have an MSI 915P/G motherboard with two maxtor 160GB HDD's as a RAID 1 array. my mobo has an onboard RAID controller. the system worked. wanted to reinstall xp, so i performed [email protected] killdisk on my c: partition. now windows doesn't see my RAID array. i installed an additional seagate SATA HD and was able to install XP on it. device manager displays a yellow question mark by my RAID controller, but if i install drivers for the RAID my computer fails to boot and goes to windows 'safe mode or last known good OS' screen. safe mode just keeps rebooting, last known good takes me back to RAID controller driver problems.
any ideas of how to get my data off the d: partition of my maxtor drives would be great.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-load-raid-drivers-therefore-winodows-doesnt-see-raid-214549.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I created a windows system image with the backup and restore utility built into win7. This windows install is on a single hard drive. I built and onboard RAID 0+1 array and used the windows 7 install disk to restore the image on to the new RAID volume. Windows starts to boot up but the screen goes black and reboots. The windows recovery screen appears and asks if I want to run the startup repair or start windows normally. I selected the startup repair. Windows goes through it's paces and tries to repair but fails. It says "NoRootCause" and the problem is likely caused by a recent system change or upgrade. I have the feeling windows needs some kind of RAID drivers or something. The onboard RAID is a P5W DH Deluxe motherboard. Any ideas? Is this even possible to do?

A:Windows 7 System Image - Restore Non-RAID to RAID 0+1

MetalliMyers, welcome to the Seven Forums.

Assuming you built the RAID while still using the single disk this is what worked for me when I was experimenting with RAID,

1. Install drives and configure the array

2. Boot to Windows and install the necessary RAID driver

3. Make a full backup after the drivers are installed

4. Used imaging program (at the time I used Acronis True Home, but should work with any imaging app) to put the backup on the array

5. Disconnected the single drive after imaging just to remove it from causing any problems

6. Started up and it booted to Windows

No promises but it should work. Failing that you are looking at a fresh install of Windows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/123200-windows-7-system-image-restore-non-raid-raid-0-1-a.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Installed a new M4 ssd today and loaded windows on it. Previously i was using 2 raptors in raid 0 for the os and programs. I re raided the 2 raptors and connected them to the jmicron ports and set them up for raid in bios, then created the raid 0 array no prob. Windows doesnt see the array when loaded up and i have the latest rst drivers installed..did this prior to the os install on the ssd. did i do something wrong? using the x58 e760a1 mobo. under device manager, the raid controller has an exclamation mark and no driver installed yet i have the latest rst 10.8.0.1003 installed..

A:Win 7 raid 0 setup / missing raid controller driver

Try loading the JMicron drivers from the motherboard manufacturer. RST is for Intel chipsets.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/198266-win-7-raid-0-setup-missing-raid-controller-driver.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I have a Toshiba L that throws bluescreens I checked the event controller Raid error Sata Toshiba because AMD L675 of bluescreens viewer and the error is Event ID Source amdsata The driver detected a controller error on Device RaidPort I went to analyze the crash with MSDART and Toshiba L675 bluescreens because of AMD Sata Raid controller error there was no dump file present Another interesting thin is that there is also a warning in the event viewer that states that custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded etc etc etc When I try to install the most recent version of the driver found on Toshiba's site it comes back with install errors It fails during the C redist The overall install is a success according to the AMD log but that area fails When I check device manager after install the driver date remains at when it should be When I check event viewer it now gives a disk error The driver detected a controller error on Device harddisk dr The individual that owns the laptop downloads music is it really a controller error or am I dealing with a virus or some kind of malware

A:Toshiba L675 bluescreens because of AMD Sata Raid controller error

Quote:
The individual that owns the laptop downloads music...is it really a controller error or am I dealing with a virus or some kind of malware?

Don't discount either possibility. I've seen too many instances of young people and the music downloading causing problems on mom and dad's computer. File-sharing over the Internet can be a dirty business.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/343999-toshiba-l675-bluescreens-because-amd-sata-raid-controller-error.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Having a problem at boot up where Norton AV shows a message about a program trying to prevent it from starting. After clicking OK, a "Raid Service U.S. English Resources has encountered a problem" mssg comes up. If the Close button is clicked on quick enough, the comp doesn't lock up.

Really don't want to mess with the video card drivers. Have no Audigy drivers either. Installed and set up delayrun.exe to see if the nvraidservice.exe can start up much later than NAV. It worked for the most part but sometimes the error comes back. Does anyone have any ideas on where the delayrun.exe and .ini files should be, if they need to be in the Start or System32 folder?

On the .ini file, it is currently set up as:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvraidservice.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\

Thanks.

A:Solved: Raid Service U.S. English Resources error and Delayrun.exe

Ultimately uninstalled the nvraidservice.exe, now NAV works better.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-raid-service-u-s-english-resources-error-and-delayrun-exe.499840/
Relevancy 39.56%

i am trying to install the raid drivers for windows xp media center. i always get an error 'The file jraid.sys is corrupted.' or 'File \x86\ahcix86.sys is corrupted.' here are the specs for the system.

mobo: msi 770t-c45
processor: amd athlon II regor 2.90 adx2450cgqbox
memory: 1 gig
hdd: WD 320 gig sata

PLS HELP ME!!!! its driving me crazy. trying to setup raid 1

A:Error when installing RAID driver Windows XP Media Center

Are you installing the RAID driver from the MSI motherboard website, or from a provided motherboard driver CD?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-when-installing-raid-driver-windows-xp-media-center.154968/
Relevancy 39.56%

I have a fairly new computer May and recently when I have been logging onto the computer I have been getting a message saying that RAID drive is failing back up immediately I then click on failing Error is drive up RAID Message: help! immediately...Please back 0 the icon that is showing me this message and it goes into the Intel matrix console Upon further investigation i have found that it is specifically Hard drive array member Model ST AS Firmware HP that states the status of it as error occurred I then went into the control panel to back up the computer to my external hard drive But it won't let me because it says that Error Message: RAID 0 drive is failing back up immediately...Please help! the external hard drive is not formatted for NTSC So instead I begin backup up the computer to DVDs On DVD four each disc errors so I quit the backup Now I decide at least I can back up my docs so I get that done successfully to my external hard drive I then decided to try the full computer backup again this time it errors on disc I figure the problem is getting worse so I shut down the computer while I research the problem on my other computer What should I do next Is there any way to back up this data any other way What kinds of things will I lose if I don't get the rest of the computer backed up How do I fix this problem Thanks in advance for all your help Leslie

A:Error Message: RAID 0 drive is failing back up immediately...Please help!

Hi,

First, could you not just change the format of your external drive (Re-format) to NTSC & then use that to complete a full back-up?

You could use something like Norton Ghost or O&O software both of these run from cd to back-up/ create an image of the drive.

http://uk.norton.com/ghost

http://www.oo-software.com/home/en/p...age/index.html

I am not sure if both will bypass the error segments of the drive or if the drive is too damaged already to create an image but it's worth a go before one of them fails completely!

After all once the drive does fail the information in a striped RAID set would be costly to recover (Specialist company).

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/286040-error-message-raid-0-drive-failing-back-up-immediately-please-help.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello I need yout help to understand why i'm not able to install Windows 7 on my Workstation Precision t5400. I receive this error at the end of the installation "windows setup could not configure windows to run on this computer's hardware"
I had configured a RAID 1 Array on that workstation and i suspect that the problem is due to that but i'm not sure. Can someone help how to fix it??

Tanks GIovanni

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19985755
Relevancy 39.56%

hello my giving single new setup keeps RAID crash, after 0x0000000A error HDD with old system with RAID disks crashed now i ve put a single disk in place its in the harware compatibility list hitachi deskstar K C its connected on the SATA connector on the motherboard no matter where i connect the disk or DVD drive on the MB they are never in the first or second IDE slot might this be because the system still expects the RAID volume here DVD is connected on SATA when starting up i get a black screen with blinking cursor no text input possible when starting up with the winXP pro cd it loads for some minutes after RAID crash, new setup with single HDD keeps giving 0x0000000A error and then hits me with the good-old blue screen with an x A error irql not less or equal my best guess after RAID crash, new setup with single HDD keeps giving 0x0000000A error is i have to delete the RAID volume first but in my bios i have no RAID settings and the RAID-setup screen ctrl-I i can t get to before hitting an error its an ASUS P W WS motherboard American Megatrends v bios thanks in advance for looking in mike nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-raid-crash-new-setup-with-single-hdd-keeps-giving-0x0000000a-error.1006472/
Relevancy 39.56%

I've had this controller a few months now working in Raid with Crucial gig without problem Then i acquired OCZ Vector's gig and planned to do the same - its only with these drives in RAID with 640L ultimate 64 0x80070057 bit error Rocket raid-0 with installing on quot Rocket L quot that i have the issue error code x when trying to install Ultimate bit Yet they work fine singly on the Rocket L or using my MotherBoard controllers in Raid Windows install doesn't get past before the error occurs I have tryd booting from error 0x80070057 installing ultimate 64 bit on raid-0 with Rocket 640L my Crucial drives on MB controller with the Vector's as slaves storage on the Rocket L in RAID and they cant be written too or formatted either way Having looked up Sevenforums and OCZ forums to troubleshoot this for the last few days i'm pulling my hair out can't get this to work Have tryd setting Bios to defaults pulling out all my other drives an USB's except my CD DVD drive to error 0x80070057 installing ultimate 64 bit on raid-0 with Rocket 640L boot windows disk have switched ports replaced cables and i'm no closer to solving this Any help would be appreciated as i'm completely baffled by it Operating System Ultimate bit Motherboard Model P X D-E System memory x Gig Tri channel Crosair Dominator GT SSD Model VTR - SAT - G OCZ Vector g Raid controller Rocket L

A:error 0x80070057 installing ultimate 64 bit on raid-0 with Rocket 640L

We see nothing but problems here with RAID, ever since beta. These problems are always resolved by setting SATA controller to AHCI and removing all but the target HD for install.

Is there a specific reason why you need RAID? It really confers no benefits since many users lose everything if they lose a single HD. Better to use a modern imaging suite and real time backup similar to Sync, Backup and Store your Files to the Cloud with Skydrive - Windows 7 Forums.

One thing you can try is to preformat an Active partition using Step 2.2 of SSD - HDD Optimize for Windows Reinstallation which can overcome most install problems.

If the error occurs again, post back the verbatim error message. You can also google it at the same time to read how others have resolved it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/313589-error-0x80070057-installing-ultimate-64-bit-raid-0-rocket-640l.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello Guys,

Please help me to solve this problem.
I have two(2) Western Digital VelociRaptor 150Gb HDDs
I have enabled RAID in BIOS. Connected both drives into GSATA controller 0 (0/1).
I'm trying to install Vista Ultimate 64 bit SP1 from original DVD.
Before copying files window, windows sees both drives as one (286Gb). So RAID-0 seems to be working. Then.
When it gets to "Copying Files (0%)" stage it displays the Error Code 0x80070057.
I have formatted both drives on another computer and have replaced SATA cables. I'm still getting same error.

Please help.

A:Error Code 0x80070057 when installing Ultimate 64bit on RAID-0

Have you tried to brake RAID-0, connect one drive and install?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/231665-error-code-0x80070057-when-installing-ultimate-64bit-raid-0-a.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I'm at a total loss here Recently I decided to jump to a bit Adatpec Raid (0x80300024) on Installing Windows 7 Error 64bit 6405 OS as my main OS on my Corsair SSDs in Raid I had a backup OS running bit on my GB Corsair Installing Windows 7 64bit on Adatpec 6405 Raid Error (0x80300024) When I decided to Installing Windows 7 64bit on Adatpec 6405 Raid Error (0x80300024) take the plunge I booted up on the Windows bit disk yes its completely legit and got to screen to load on the proper drive I had to load the drivers for the Adaptec card twice for some reason but it did see the drives However I received the message that it could not install on those drives giving me the message Error x I tried to load a fresh OS on the single corsair my backup and it failed as well so I rebooted went back in and after changing the Installing Windows 7 64bit on Adatpec 6405 Raid Error (0x80300024) boot order got the single drive running off the internal SATA on the motherboard to load However no matter how many times I try or how many different drivers I use I cannot get windows to load an OS on my Raid on the Adaptec card I even broke the raid and created it again on the Adaptec card and it did nothing Right now the only OS thats in use is my backup corsair I really want dual boot in case I run into any issues but for the life of me I don't know what to try anymore If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it Specs are updated below

A:Installing Windows 7 64bit on Adatpec 6405 Raid Error (0x80300024)

Win7 doesn't much like RAID0 which is not redundant and risks loss of everything if you lose a single HD.

Better to install to one HD and use built-in backup imaging to store an image as well as other backup and files on the other drive. Backup Complete Computer - Create an Image Backup

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/235271-installing-windows-7-64bit-adatpec-6405-raid-error-0x80300024.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hey While on my laptop just now p7805u Message 'Drive FX on Gateway Raid Volume a 0 Error is Failing.' in an error message quot Drive in a Raid Volume is Failing Try to backup data immediately quot pops up When I clicked on the message it brings me to Intel Matrix Storage 'Drive in a Raid 0 Volume is Failing.' Error Message on Gateway FX p7805u Console which shows that one of my Seagate GB hard drives running in Raid Port has a status which says that an error has occurred I ve backed up all the files I want onto external hard drives so that s not an issue The error message then disappeared but after a little while I got the dreaded Blue Screen of Death and the laptop rebooted to the regular start-up screen It said that it was bootable but confirmed that one of the hard drives had an error It gave the option of starting Windows normally or in Safe mode but I chose to let it rest overnight in case overheating had something to do with it The laptop is running Windows bit Ultimate edition SP I also downloaded Seatools as recommended on another forum but it didn t find anything wrong in the couple of tests I ran although the BSOD did 'Drive in a Raid 0 Volume is Failing.' Error Message on Gateway FX p7805u occur directly after a longer Seatools test Any help as to what to do next would be greatly appreciated Thank you in advance nbsp

A:'Drive in a Raid 0 Volume is Failing.' Error Message on Gateway FX p7805u

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/drive-in-a-raid-0-volume-is-failing-error-message-on-gateway-fx-p7805u.1006201/
Relevancy 39.13%

I have PC running Windows and it has had no problems up until recently A few days ago it froze and a family member unplugged the computer from the back he pulled the cord He first tried to press the on off button in the front of the computer but it didnt do anything so thats why he pulled the cord At first I though the HDD had died so I turned on the computer and listened It powered up normally and I can hear and hard Computer drive RAID/Array not error?s? suddenly? detecting feel the disks spinning without making any unusual noises In the BIOS it says that no Primary IDE Master is detected I ve checked the cables and even swapped my SATA cable for another one the HDD still wont detect First screen that comes up Scanning IDE Drives It doesnt detect any so I get the second screen After this I have a couple of options CTRL F Fastbuild Utility or ESC to continue boot If I press nothing I get the message No Hard Disk Drive Computer not detecting hard drive suddenly? RAID/Array error?s? Detected Press F to resume Pressing F gets me During the second screen I held CTRL F and got to a FastBuild utility screen I did a little reading and it seems like this program is used to create edit RAID controllers I only have hard drive in my pc FastBuild Utility Auto Setup View Drive Assignments Define Array Delete Array RebuildArray When I press When I press When I press As you can see the motherboard is clearly detecting the hard drive Otherwise I wouldnt be able to see it in the array settings right I ve never worked with RAID before so I m mostly guessing I dont understand why I cannot seem to boot from it Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 39.13%

I already looked over the disk RAID for reserved use, No RAID disabled. RAID thread about installing and so on but what about repair or fixing a drive My old computer lasted for years before I replaced it So No disk reserved for RAID use, RAID disabled. I don t know a whole a lot about RAID and SATA and only recently got a computer with new technology Before I post the rest of my info here is exactly what happened leading up to this My computer froze and I restarted the computer It ran for a few more minutes and then it froze again Then as it was restarting the cooling fan failed I restarted the computer and it tried to load a few more times but would not completely load the OS and would freeze Then each other time of restarting it had trouble recognizing my DVD-R RW drive and HDD I checked the BIOS and trying disable then enable the No disk reserved for RAID use, RAID disabled. RAID function in the BIOS Tried it with IDE as well I don t know what the other one is something like ACHI or AGHI Also changing the Boot order to DVD-R RW first No disk reserved for RAID use, RAID disabled. then HDD then switching it back to no luck I double checked the connection to the DVD-R RW drive and HDD My computer has a diagnostic function so at start up I ran the diagnostics and my processor and GB of ram is running correctly When I started searching online I found a site where the exact same chain of events happened to someone else Here is the site with the thread Computer froze fan quite working quot RAID disabled quot Here is the link http www pcmech com forum computer ontroller html Here is the first link about someone having the same problem as me Fortunately I have another cooler fan that works and have plugged it in my comp and it runs now also if I let the computer sit the drive is recognizable but will not boot I have an older computer I am using with a usb connector that has a power supply and multiconnector that can have sata ide connected I am using this to hook up my SATA drive to my old computer Fortunately it recognizes the main partition with my data and the HP partition that has the system restore and recovery partition on it I have downloaded the RAID Restore program but I am taking my time with it unfortunately if you use a RAID probe it cost money and the program will only diagnose if it can be restored Again don t know a lot about raid or restoring or repairing it I found another thread on another forum where someone had the same problem and it turned out it was a faulty power connector Here is the link http www techsupportforum com hard eassembly html If it turns out to be the RAID array is there a way I can repair it without using the RAID Restore program a manually way of repairing it Is there a way I can replace some files on the drive to restore the RAID Does windows have a restore disk I can use or has anyone created a disk to restore this problem I had a problem with a computer with XP and someone had taken the recovery part of an XP Install CD an posted how to manually created a way to repair the MBR which I used and the computer booted up Unfortunately PCs come with restore partitions than CDs when buying computers from places like Best Buy Also I searched out the repair features in Windows and they say there is a start up repair function Is there a way to use this on the drive without booting into Windows which I can t do I cut the computer on again and it detected the drive and ran the diagnostic and the hard drive passed the first test but it did not pass the boot test and the computer said to press F at start up Once the computer recognized the drive again I tried the F I guess that is the windows repair but unfortunately was not able to access it nbsp

Relevancy 39.13%

I have tried to find the way to do this, but without success as I cannot see the wood for the trees. Any help or URL would be welcome.

I have a mature W7 system, with so many applications loaded that rebuilding from scratch is just not an option. I have a 300MB Velociraptor wholly given over to the OS and another empty 300MB VR. I want to extend, that may not be the right word, my OS to use both disks in Raid 0.

A:Converting to Raid 0 Windows 7, NOT Hardware Raid 0

sorry, a mistake, duplication

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/226407-converting-raid-0-windows-7-not-hardware-raid-0-a.html
Relevancy 39.13%

hi I want to buy two new HDD for my RAID mirror in desktop to store my data i have onboard RAID ASrock H M but also contemplate to 1 software windows HDD NAS desktop (or for RAID or raid) use the windows raid on other SATa ports in case I want two Raid- size would be TB or so this is to keep data until NAS or desktop HDD for RAID 1 (or windows software raid) i backup or for the backup mirroring gives me some added safety I want Hitachi for the better reliability NAS or desktop HDD for RAID 1 (or windows software raid) I have WD and happy with them but it seems Hitachis is a tad better also want rpm I noticed newegg mainly sells the NAS version of the Deskstar I read all about the -second timeout for NAS drives and how a RAId would drop a normal desktop HDD etc so normally for a desktop i woudl buy the non-NAS version which are barely available On the other hand the RAId on-board and windows may benefit from the NAS version Or am I overthinking this for RAID Is the NAS version slower Price-wise it seems more to depend on where to buy them I don't mind spending or more for the right HDD while i weigh reliability higher than speed Currently I have two GB WD Black Caviar in RAID and a WD green as backup which is terribly slow never buy a green drive My OS w Pro is on a NAS or desktop HDD for RAID 1 (or windows software raid) Samsung SSD So speed is secondary but I do weekly virsuscan of all my data etc and noticed the Green drive takes half a day So i definitely don't want a slow HDD My case has front fans for the HDD What's the advice The more I read about NAS the more my head spins and it seems at some point all HDD will be labelled NAS I know the NAS have less vibration etc but the fact they give up looking for data after seconds unlike desktop drives makes me nervous Edit the reason I don't want a regular NAS is that if my PC fails i want to be able to pull out the HDD and install it in any PC without fuss and get my data Actual RAID is not an option since rebuilding depends on the controller and if that fails my RAID would be gone all i read about NAS is they are not good for backup and expensive compared what i get for a normal PC Here the NAS link here the desktop link The NAS version talks about mio MTBF so i assume it lasts longer since the desktop version doesn't mention MTBF

A:NAS or desktop HDD for RAID 1 (or windows software raid)

Hey there HerrKaLeun!

I can see you're a bit confused about the drives and NAS requirements. But it's a good thing you're looking into details to understand better. Let me see if I can help you clear things a bit.

The NAS environments are very tough. Regular drives used in RAID/NAS systems can get damaged, destroyed and corrupted really fast because they aren't designed with the "defences" that NAS/RAID hard drives have.

NAS/RAID drives are equipped with technology protecting them from the higher temperatures and constant vibrations, gives them 24/7 reliability, they're tested for longer hours to endure in a harsher environment, all to protect the information you store better.

Some NAS/RAID drives are for smaller NAS systems like the WD Red, others are for larger NAS systems like the WD Red Pro and for large enterprise systems like the WD RE. The "smaller system" drives can't handle larger NASes than the ones they're designed for (e.g. 2-4 bay system is a small NAS), but the "larger system" drives can handle small NASes (e.g. 6-8 bay system is a large NAS); in most cases enterprise NAS/RAID drives are the ones with bigger and safer works.

These reasons are why you should consider a specialized drive for NAS and RAID rather than an usual desktop drive.

The MTBF means Mean Time Between Failure, and is typical to be characterized for such NAS/RAID drives, usually in hours which usually sum up at around 1 mil.

Whether you'll choose a WD, HGST or another brand, that's all up to you personal preference, certain requirements and financial ability.

Hope I've helped!

CK_WD

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/357204-nas-desktop-hdd-raid-1-windows-software-raid.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Before I post the rest of my info here is exactly what happened leading up to this My computer froze and I restarted the computer It ran for a few more minutes and then it froze again Then the as it was restarting the cooling fan failed I restarted the computer RAID reserved use, for disk disabled No RAID and it tried to load a few more times but would not completely load the OS and would freeze Then each other No disk reserved for RAID use, RAID disabled time of restarting it had trouble recognizing my DVD-R RW drive and HDD I checked the BIOS and trying disable then enable the RAID function in the BIOS Also changing the Boot order to DVD-R RW first then HDD then switching it back to no luck I double checked the connection to the DVD-R RW drive and HDD My computer has a diagnostic function so at start up I ran the diagnostics and my processor and GB of ram is running correctly When I started searching online I found a site where the exact same chain of events happened to someone else Here is the site with the thread As soon as I post post I will post it Try googling quot Roasted RAID Controller quot - that is the title Here is the link http www pcmech com forum computer ontroller html Here is the first link about someone having the same problem as me Fortunately I have another cooler fan that works and have plugged it in my comp and it runs now also if I let the computer sit the drive is recognizable but will not boot I have an older computer I am using with a usb connector that has a power supply and multiconnector that can have sata ide connected I am using this to hook up my SATA drive to my old computer Fortunately it recognizes the main partition with my data and the HP partition that has the system restore and recovery partition on it I have downloaded the RAID Restore program but I am taking my time with it unfortunately if you use a RAID probe it cost money and the program will only diagnose if it can be restored I found another thread on another forum where someone had the same problem and it turned out it was a faulty power connector Again I ll post the link later Or google quot sata drives not recognized after disassembly reassembly quot and choose the first link In the archive it is number Here is the link http www techsupportforum com hard eassembly html If it turns out to be the RAID array is there a way I can repair it without using the RAID Restore program a manually way of repairing it Is there a way I can replace some files on the drive to restore the RAID Does windows have a restore disk I can use or has anyone created a disk to restore this problem I had a problem with a computer with XP and someone had taken the recovery part of an XP Install CD an posted how to manually created a way to repair the MBR which I used and the computer booted up Unfortunately PCs come with restore partitions than CDs when buying computers from places like Best Buy Also I searched out the repair features in Windows and they say there is a start up repair function Is there a way to use this on the drive without booting into Windows which I can t do nbsp

A:No disk reserved for RAID use, RAID disabled

I waited for the computer to cool, installed the drive, and it recognized it. I immediately ran the diagnostic tests, the HDD passed the first test but not the Boot test. The computer said to restart the computer and press F8 key repeatedly for repair. I will try it again once the computer cools down, the next time I restarted it did not recognize the drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-disk-reserved-for-raid-use-raid-disabled.156245/
Relevancy 39.13%

I had an adaptec 1210SA SATA RAid controller with two 160 Gb. drive mounted in RAID 0. I bought a new controller (Adaptec 2410SA) and I disconnected my two 160 Gb. drive to connect on my new controller. But now it doesn't see my RAID 0. So, I reinstalled my old 1210SA and reconnect my two drive but now it only see a JBOD and windows can't access my drives. I see that I can create a RAID 0 without initialize the two hard drives in the controller BIOS utility, but I'm not sure I could recreate the RAID 0 without loosingall my data (and damn me I should check out before doing the upgrade but I wish it's not too late). Could someone give me a hint how to recover my data? (And sorry for my english I from Montréal, Québec and I speak french). Tank you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/moving-raid-0-to-another-sata-raid-controller.30046/
Relevancy 39.13%

OK, I was using one Vertex 120 as my Windows 7 C: drive and bought another to take advantage of RAID0 performance. Did a system image backup of the C: drive to my 1TB D: drive, installed the 2nd Vertex 120 (both are FW 1.5), enabled RAID in BIOS and created a RAID0 in the Intel RAID launch program. Then did an image restore to the new RAID0 C: drive. And... it won't boot -- hangs about 1 second into the "fireflies" in the boot process. It must be the boot.ini doesn't like the RAID0 config when it was backed up as a AHCI drive. Windows 7 repair fails. How do I gain access to the boot.ini file? Or is it the boot.ini file?

I should add that it does boot from a clean Win7 install, just not the image restore from the single AHCI Vertex.

HELP!!

A:Cannot boot from non-RAID image restored to RAID SSD

You need to get the raid drivers into the o/s you just restored.

The only way I can think of to do that is with Paragon Adaptive restore - select P2P adjust o/s ,select the o/s to adjust, select upload drivers, browse to the .inf - give it a few secs to load , next, Apply, and it's done.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/84776-cannot-boot-non-raid-image-restored-raid-ssd.html