Windows Support Forum

Logical disk manager fails (among other things)

Q: Logical disk manager fails (among other things)

recently had an unexplained incident out of the blue - an error msg appeared saying something like quot G drive corrupted run chkdsk quot - i could not access the G drive so i rebooted and chkdsk ran automatically on reboot this machine Logical (among fails other manager disk things) has hard drives one sata one ide with multiple partitions G is my main data partition also it s a well managed machine with AV firewall etc so it booted up again and all seemed fine i could access G drive ok except these are some of the issues i have now cannot connect to the logical disk manager service all the relevant services are set to auto and started so disk management is not available my backup software cannot see any drives dcom error many times in the system log The application-specific permission settings do not Logical disk manager fails (among other things) grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID F D- E C- D - C - EFFB F to the user NT AUTHORITY NETWORK SERVICE SID S- - - This CLSID corresponds to Microsoft WMI Provider Subsystem Secured Host i have worked through the MS fix for Logical disk manager fails (among other things) this without success dcom error many times in the system log The server A F E - CF - D -BF - ED did not register with DCOM within the required timeout in the registry this belongs to Windows Image Aquisition which i do not specifically use and the service Logical disk manager fails (among other things) is turned off anyway if i check the dependencies tab for any service i get the error Interface Class not registered google searches only seem to turn up partially related fixes have run sfc scannow but no change malwarebytes found no badies so a bit sad really just thought someone might have an idea or two nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Logical disk manager fails (among other things)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Logical disk manager fails (among other things)

You need to specify your OS and SP level. I am suggesting you could try system repair. Here is the Vista method. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936212 XP is similar. I am not familiar with the Win7 version.

In the case of XP this wont be very effective unless you actually have the install CD with slipstream SP level as well.

Other possibilities are system restore to before the original error; and/or a deep scan for malware.

Failing all that, a complete system reinstall might be advisable, which is a pain in fundamental anatomical areas.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logical-disk-manager-fails-among-other-things.165217/
Relevancy 82.13%

So, when I view my disk mgt on my new Lenovo Y480, I get the message as seen in Lenovo Disk Mgt picure. When viewing my Intel Rapid Storage Technology (see other 2 pictures), it "appears" everything is working correctly. I have the Y480, model 209387U: IdeaPad Y480 14" Laptop | Shop | Lenovo | (US) . This is supposed to be using 32GB SSD.

Thoughts?

A:Lenovo: Initialize disk before logical disk manager can access it?

Update. I tried to initialize on the old machine that will be going back and received the attached message. Thoughts?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/246917-lenovo-initialize-disk-before-logical-disk-manager-can-access.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi.
I would do a backup here, and switched on my USB to IDE drive on. But what I get is, that it tell me:

"You must initialize a disk before Logical Disk Manger can access it"

The attachment shows what I mean, and I cannot see the drive.
What can I do now ?

A:Initializing a disk before logical disk manager can access it.

I assume you want to backup to disk 1?

I assume it is not initialized. You can't use it if it is not initialized.

So I'd guess from your screenshot that it's asking you to poke "OK".

But maybe I don't understand your problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/145364-initializing-disk-before-logical-disk-manager-can-access.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi,

I have a 1 TB C:/ drive in my Lenovo desktop that is not being recognized by windows 7 prof after rebooting.
I put it in an external drive enclosure and connected to two other systems running windows 7 using USB and got an error "you must initialize a disk before logical disk manager can access it" when checked "Disk management".
I can't initialize the disk as I have lot of personal files/pictures on this disk that I can not effort to lose. I also tried with Ubuntu and this disk has not been identified. Any help appreciated and I also can't spend any money with data recovery labs. I can see the disk was spinning and a green light was blinking but hear a clicking sound with 1 to 3 seconds intervals.

best regards,

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/386137-you-must-initialize-disk-before-logical-disk-manager-can-access.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I just migrated my data to a new computer (xp pro). Every time I boot up I get an error message:

Found New Hardware Wizard
Cannot Install this hardware
There was a problem installing this hardware: Logical Disk Manager

An error occurred during the installation of the device

The class installer has denied the request to install or upgrade this device

OK, I'm not even sure what a logical disk manager is, so I'm not sure how to proceed.

Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logical-disk-manager.365369/
Relevancy 80.84%

hi i have been taering my hair out for days now i have a new logical disk manager hard disk with partitions C amp D and partition still unallocated logical disk manager i originally made the mistake of formatting it as F G H I drives then installing xp pro on F then of course when i made it the master drive and removed the multiboot option from the boot ini it didn t work i have now got it all working with renaming the active volumes repairing the registry as required - now everything works as it should in the process i had to remove partition H I and returned it to quot unallocated quot now that everything is working i wanted to reallocate the remaining disk however when i use the LDM i continue to get an DCOM error message - regardless safe or normal mode do i have to repair reinstall windows including SP or repair the MBR or any thing else any ideas would be really appreciated nudge nbsp

A:logical disk manager

G'day Nudge, wow you certainly are undergoing a quantum leap in learning there.
The geometry of partitions can be very intricate, especially where the thing has been changed after an operating system has been installed.
The problem is not so much caused by removal of a non-associated partition but by trying to format them, especially if it is adjacent to an operating system partition.
Although you may be suggested to persist and proceed as you are I would be inclined to go back and start again, the reason being any potential for overlaps and possibly erroneous MBR kinds of thing.
Consider how you wish to use your drive in what application, and remember that the drive response is slightly better at it's periphery rather than toward the centre.
This has to do with greater linear speed past the heads and better reads, and less head radial movement. (so I am told)
So following this idea you might have a partition firstly for your operating system, then a partition for certain programs or games or whatever and end up with a dump area toward the centre where things that rarely get used can be placed.
There are a lot of clever ideas on this subject but that will give you a bit of an idea and a train of thought. Some people even place swap areas there.
If you are using Xp do a clean boot using NTFS file system as against converting it later.
It is always easiest in the long run to get it right first time rather than try to sort out all the different kinds of problems that may happen. (and do if you are not careful)
The sizes of your partitions also need a fair bit of thought.
I would imagine you are wondering how to format the other partitions, I have not done this with XP and NTFS but someone else here will know.
Cheers, qldit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logical-disk-manager.352055/
Relevancy 79.98%

I've got a laptop thats been giving me all kinds of fits. It's been missing things and losing things left and right. Here's the latest...

When turn on the computer, and it boots up to windows, the new something wizard comes up...and says the following could not finish installation: local disk manager. The class istaller denied your request to install/upgrade this device. Then it says something about not being able to start.

Any ideas??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-the-logical-disk-manager.829786/
Relevancy 79.12%

After installing a Lacie Brand USB hard drive, the server needed a reboot in order to install the drivers. After rebooting, I noticed that I am not able to access the Disk Management Console. Upon further investigation, I found that the Logical Disk Manager services had been disabled and that the Disk Manager Administrative service was missing. How do I restore the Disk Manager Administrative service? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service

HAve you tried to uninstall the USB drive?

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-2000/logical-disk-manager-administrative-service/65778.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi This is a long problem my Disk service starting up..... Manager Logical not sys config is p Logical Disk Manager service not starting up..... - mhz asus p t-m mobo rdram segate-IV barracuda ultra ata gb rpm drive samsung sncmaster s Lg xcdwriter asus x cdrom motorola internal k modem my problem is i had a gb segate rpm drive running with WinME redhat linux and win k no problems here all were primary using Partiton magic and XOSL to boot I changed the hdd to a rpm segate barracuda as above in spec and installed the OS s as before with complete drivers and all the partitons were initial gb winme rimary-fat next gb linux extrimary next mb linux swap next gb logical-fat next gb logical-fat next gb logical- fat next gb logical-ntfs remaning gb win k primary fat i installed xosl to boot from the three primary partitons everything seemed perfect except win k booted very slowly slower than my rpm drive the event manager showed many errors the logical disk manager admin service would nt start manually or automatically thus no disk checking no defrag etc i installed the ultra ata driver software from intel given in my mobo cd and still not working fine- slow bot up i thought rpm drive needs only one primary and remmoved all OS and reinstalled win k Logical Disk Manager service not starting up..... still the same problem do you think my OS files are corrupt i tried every little thing checked the segate site checked mmicrosoft site all other things no avail next problem i installed winXP now the event viewer shows com event does not start the Server service does not start it says some file missing i tried posting the error to microsoft not documented no help all the other depended service on the server don t run sorry this is very long bye vij nbsp

Relevancy 79.12%

I run xp pro with 3 hard drives, all have been working fine. When I wrote os to one of my drives using Eraser to delete
A lot of video files. When I went to format the hard drive in Computer Management(Local), then Disk Manager, I get
A message at the bottom of the box that reads ( unable to connect to logical disk manager server). I keep my virus program
Up to date and ran a virus check to check for errors. I do not want to roll back, but want to get into Disk Manager. This is
Not my C drive. How do I connect to Logical Disk Manager Service?

Relevancy 79.12%

Hi,

Does someone know the equivalent service for the "Logical Disk Manager" service from XP? I'm using Windows 7 ultimate and do not have this service in the list. Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Frank

Relevancy 78.26%

Hi. In my Computer Management application, I get an "Unable to attach to Logical Disk Manager service" error when trying to look at Disk Management.
How can I solve this? The reason why I'm running this program is because I got a new I/O Magic Gigabank, and a drive letter isn't assigned to it when it's plugged in. I/O Magic's solution is to run this Computer Management application, see here
http://www.iomagic.com/FAQs/detail_faq.asp?FAQID=301
but it isn't operating as it should be.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Relevancy 78.26%

I an trying to setup dual boot on my inspiron 1545 with vista home basic installed.

I made space, ran perfect disk and got a desirable shrinkable space. Now when i try to shrink volume from my Disk management utility, i get an error that -

Logical Disk Manager - Access is Denied.

How to fix this and create a new partition?

Is there any other way to create another partition to install Windows 7 without using vista's disk manager, by using 3rd party partition managers ?
Thanks for reading and replying.

A:Logical Disk Manager - Access is denied while shrinking

Quote: Originally Posted by Inspiron15

I an trying to setup dual boot on my inspiron 1545 with vista home basic installed.

I made space, ran perfect disk and got a desirable shrinkable space. Now when i try to shrink volume from my Disk management utility, i get an error that -

Logical Disk Manager - Access is Denied.

How to fix this and create a new partition?

Is there any other way to create another partition to install Windows 7 without using vista's disk manager, by using 3rd party partition managers ?
Thanks for reading and replying.

Are you trying to shrink the OS partition from with in it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/27820-logical-disk-manager-access-denied-while-shrinking.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hello First of all let me give some background info I am dual-booting Windows sp and Ubuntu linux on my pc I have linux on my ide master hd and windows on my ide slave drive I have a cd-rw on ide master and a dvd-rw on ide slave logical on startup manager disk service hanging I am using grub to boot my pc Ok this is the problem If I have my st hd disabled in windows there isn t a problem however if it is enabled the logical disk manager service or it may be the logical disk manager administrative service hangs up and when it finally does finish booting up and logging in I can t use the mmc logical disk manager which depends on the two aforementioned services And not only that but the service exe starts sucking up of my processor bandwidth I suspect that what is happening is that the service looks at the disk doesn t find a partition it can read and flips out because of that What I want to know is how to fix this problem while still having my st hd enabled The reason I want it enabled I logical disk manager service hanging on startup because I do have a rd-party file system file that will allow me to mount and read ext and ext partitions and all my music and such are on my linux home partition formatted with ext I tried enabling the drive and mounting the partition but it wouldn t let me access it so then I disabled the hd and rebooted but that didn t help any I actually had to reinstall logical disk manager service hanging on startup windows but I had just installed it anyway so no big loss I have used the driver before so I know that it works fine at least it did when windows and linux were sharing a hd Here is the specific partition layout if you are interested hda ext boot hda swap hda reiser hda ext home hdb fat windows nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logical-disk-manager-service-hanging-on-startup.315841/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi all,

I am twiddeling with that problem quite a long time, I searched google a lot and tried a lot of things to find a solution:
The problem sounds not so difficult:
Whenever I start the Logical Disk Manager i get the Message "The system cannot find the file specified" in the event log.
How can I find out what file is missing? I checked all files that were given by PrcView.exe in the "Modules" list of svchost.exe -k netsvcs. (quite a lot) they all seem to exist. Could the Error message be inaccurate? Maybe that something different goes wrong (e.g. firewall).

Is there someone who can give me a hint how to proceed? Is there a tool that debugs the start of the service to make a bit clearer where the porblem is.

Thanks in advance.

YRS N_OBI

Relevancy 77.4%

Hi

I've searched on google and through this forum for a couple of hours but can't find something that seems to fit my particular problem.

I have Seagate Freeagent USB drive, which is reported as such in Device manager.

However the drive will not appear with a drive letter.

In disk manager a message reported that the drive was not initialized and when I tried to add a master book record a message appeared

"Logical Disk Manager The system cannot find the file specified"

I know that logical disk manager was a service on XP but in vista64 business, which is what i'm running, I looked in the services and this service is not there. I have plug and play active as is RPC. I've only had vista for a week after building a new computer so I'm unsure of how different the workings are.

Any help someone could give would be much appreciated.

A:USB drive requires initializing but Logical Disk Manager gives an error

Originally Posted by nadmai

Hi

I've searched on google and through this forum for a couple of hours but can't find something that seems to fit my particular problem.

I have Seagate Freeagent USB drive, which is reported as such in Device manager.

However the drive will not appear with a drive letter.

In disk manager a message reported that the drive was not initialized and when I tried to add a master book record a message appeared

"Logical Disk Manager The system cannot find the file specified"

I know that logical disk manager was a service on XP but in vista64 business, which is what i'm running, I looked in the services and this service is not there. I have plug and play active as is RPC. I've only had vista for a week after building a new computer so I'm unsure of how different the workings are.

Any help someone could give would be much appreciated.

Hi nadmai, Welcome to the forum.

You just need to format the drive, In Disk Management right click on the drive and select Format, as you go through the procedure you will be able to give the drive a letter.

I hope this helps

Pooch

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/222721-usb-drive-requires-initializing-but-logical-disk-manager-gives-error.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Today I went to shrink my C: drive so i could install Windows 7 Ultimate on a new disk partiton. I did all the steps in shrinking it, but then i get an error, the error is titled Logical Disk Manager and it says Acess is Denied... I ran ESET's Smart Security and also malwarebytes anti-malware virus scanners and my laptop is clean. But anyone knows whats up?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/241980-access-denied-logical-disk-manager.html
Relevancy 69.23%

To start with i am trying to change the name or label C D E of my drive Reason - I have a portable external drive that i use at uni and home but the computers at uni label it as E drive where as the pc at home labels it as D drive I am unable to rn applications which i install onj this portable drive with the intention of running them anywhere But some apps wont run due to the labelling confusion and i have to install them again via the internet on the portable drive again on the new BIG "logical issue with disk manager" pc So I am trying the change the name of the CD drive at home not uni as the i cant access administrative tools at uni BIG issue with "logical disk manager" and moreover its easier this way which is currently labelled as E so that BIG issue with "logical disk manager" the portable drive can be labelled as E just like the labelling at the uni btw my portable drive is either labelled as D or any other variable depending on whether i have another usb connected or not If so the portable drive gets labbeld differently if connected after the usb but never mind that so i researched online and found that i can change labelling in disk manager source - http www dougknox com tips xp drive letters htm However i cant access the quot logical disk manager quot Error - quot the dependancy service or group failed to start quot Error - unable to connect to disk manager service So i searched again and followed the advice on this thread http www tomshardware co uk forum -drive-manager Specifically the post which states the following quot Logical Disk Manager service depends on Plug and Play service and Remote Procedure Call RPC Make sure that both are set to Automatic and started Open Services Start Run Type services msc Click OK Scroll down to and double click Plug and Play Set startup type to Automatic Click Apply Click the Start button When Plug and Play starts click OK Repeat for Remote Procedure Call RPC Logical Disk Manager Scroll down to and double click Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service Set startup type to Automatic Click Apply Click the Start button When it starts click OK Close Services quot THE PROBLEM See the screenshots below I cant click the start stop etc in quot plug and play quot or quot remote procedure call quot dialog boxes But i can click on the start button in the quot logical disk manager quot dialogue box but when i do i get the error in screenshot quot could not start the logical disk manager service on local computer quot error xc btw - i m on xp sp with vista look HELP please Been asking people for their help for ages now to no avail

A:BIG issue with "logical disk manager"

This may not help you directly, but in the future, when starting disk management, do this instead: start, run, diskmgmt.msc
I'm not sure what Error 193: 0xc1, because the google hits seem to give different causes and different fixes for it. You can try them in turn.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/big-issue-with-logical-disk-manager-299730.html
Relevancy 57.62%

hi

i have win 7 64 bit home in my laptop

i want to create logical disk in disk management but i can't

when i right click unallocated i can just use New simple volume and when i use this

all my hd convert to dynamic disk and my partition change to simple volume

whould you please help me? i won't chnge my hd to dynamic disk.

A:create Logical Disk

You already have 4 Partitions. You have to remove one, then create an Extended Partition and then create Logical Partitions.

I personally would just start over, remove everything from the drive including that recovery partition in the front. It is also better to have the booting partitions (the 100 MB partition) at the front.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/110178-create-logical-disk.html
Relevancy 57.19%

If I have a logical partition and a primary partition and if I format the primary partition then will I loose the data from the logical partition?

A:logical partition on hard disk

Hello 9vaibhavd, welcome to Vista Forums!

I didn't think so, so I just did a little test, I shrunk a primary and created a logical and put a word doc on it, then I formatted the primary and the word doc was still there on the logical.

When in doubt, I have 3 words for you, backup backup backup backup.
oh that's 4 words

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/280025-logical-partition-hard-disk.html
Relevancy 57.19%

The exact error message is "THere was a problem installing hardware Logical Disk Mgr The class installer has denied the request to install or upgrade this device

This only happens when I boot up, I have not installed anything new hardware or software. I get three errors in the event log.

The MSSQL$MICROSOFTBCM service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

The Parallel port driver service failed to start due to the following error:
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

and

WDM Reader driver initialization cannot open reader device: The system cannot find the path specified.

Can't seem to get rid of the errors..

A:Logical Disk Mgr error when booting.

hello & welcome to TSF,

follow thses steps

now what i need to do is go to your (device manager)

now once there you will want to select from the toolbar of the window(veiw) then a drop down menu / from it you will select (show all hidden devices)

now if you see any (red or yellow) quotation marks , make a note of what they

now go to the (event veiwer) this is thru the (administrator tools) in the control panel
here you will find 3 to 4 subcatagories

you will want to check each of them for this is where windows keeps track of all errors
now you will want to make notes of the errors that have been recorded ( you do not have to make notes of double entries just of the dates of their happenings & how many there is)

also

do you have a Windows Xp cd, not the restore cd's that come with some systems, the cd will have the Windows logo & 3D hollowgram/image on it

if you do not maybe you can barrow one from a friend/family member/co-worker as long as it is the same version that is on your system

if you have (Windows XP Home Ed. sp2 ) then the cd will have to be that / if you have a cd with (Windows XP Home Ed. )you will have to sliptream (SP2 ) onto a disk that you create

this also applies to (Windows XP Professsional )

http://www.helpwithwindows.com/Windo...p2-bootcd.html

now if you do have the Windows XP cd with sp2 please follow these steps

--------------------------------------------

performing a (sfc) system file checker

It is a scan that checks the core files & dlls of the (os) operating system and replaces them if they are corrupt or missing with the correct original version

start

#1 then select (run) , then press enter
a window will open
#2 type in ( cmd ) then press enter
another window will open
#3 type in ( sfc )then press enter
another window will open
#4 type in (sfc /scannow ) then press enter ( notice the space between the (sfc & /)

now a scan will start , have your (Windows XP software disk ready ) your pc may ask for this disc when it starts or during the scan( so you must sit with the pc while this scan functions ) , if it does then incert the cd into one of your cd/rom/player's , your pc will then reconnize it and continue , you will then have to minimize the splash screen for the cd to see the scan , when the scan is finished you will need to close the cd and all open windows , then remove the cd

you will then need to do a ( Disk Cleanup ) , then empty the caches & temp files thru the (Internet Options) , then do a defrag

restart your pc

then do a defrag again after the reboot

then get back to us

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/logical-disk-mgr-error-when-booting-221303.html
Relevancy 57.19%

My processor (Intel Core 2 Quad) is only a month old and it has always had the error message on Logical Disk D: < 15% free disk space - I have Vista Home Premium 64 bit software and find this message when I go into Control Panel - Peforrmance Info and Tools - Advanced Tools - Generate Health Report - Hardware Config. - System
- the tech where I bought my computer, printer, monitor, etc. says this is nothing to worry about but I would be happier if it was not there. Any suggestions or should I just ignore this message. Thanks for any help I am strictly a follow the directions/ not much computer smarts user Jean

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/212579-logical-disk-error-hp-pavilion-pcu.html
Relevancy 57.19%

hey everyone, first post here. I usually think of myself as pretty good with computers, done my own wipes and backups, edited the registry, fooled around a lot on here but this has me stumped. I just bought a new internal hardrive (maxtor diamondmax plus 8, 30GB) and attatched it to my computer. The drive wasent showing up in my computer so i headed over to maxtors help files on their website and i found what i was looking for. They tell me to right click my computer/manage/ then disk managment. For some reason my computer comes up with this error "The Logical Disk Managment Administrative Service is disabled, cannot connect". Can you tell me how to fix this? I believe i am logged in as the admin but i may be wrong. thanks for the help

A:Logical Disk Managment Disabled????

What do you have these two things set to?
start > run > services.msc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logical-disk-managment-disabled.343042/
Relevancy 57.19%

I m attempting to use the disk management snap-in to create some more logical drives on my single physical hard drive I ve never had a problem with doing this in the past I already have a primary partition drive C formatted to capacity of GB I have an extended partition at a size of GB As things sit now this extended partition has no logical drives When I attempt to create a - Pro XP Disk Solved: Logical Creation new logical drive in this extended partition I run through the wizard everything seems fine right after clicking quot finish quot I get the following error quot The disk configuration operation did not complete Check the System Event log for more information on the error Verify the status of your storage devices before retrying If that does not solve the problem close the Disk management console then Solved: Logical Disk Creation - XP Pro restart Disk Management or restart the computer quot please excuse any spelling mistakes I made there I checked event log nothing new there I ve restarted MMC restarted the computer problem still occurs For some reason I m thinking that the installation of Norton Systemworks might have something to do with it perhaps a setting it has that is protecting the OS from doing partition format related activities I m stumped Any ideas Thanks Nic nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

Hey there First some info Yesterday logical disk format initialize Windows Can't or in I purchased a Promise FastTrak TX SATA RAID Controller and two Hitachi GB Harddrives Deskstar T K to create a RAID array After installing the RAID Controller in Windows XP I was able to see Can't initialize or format logical disk in Windows two GB harddrives only thing I had to do was to initialize and format both drives in Windows Next I created a RAID array and started Windows In Windows it recognizes the drive as a GB un-initialized drive My motherboard is a MSI KT V MS The Can't initialize or format logical disk in Windows problem The format function is greyed out so I cannot initialize nor format the drive According to the FastTrak TX manual this condition may occur when the Reserve Sector of one Can't initialize or format logical disk in Windows of the drives has become corrupt or bad And removing erasing the reserve sector will remedy any issue related directly to a bad reserve sector To do this you have to delete the logical disk create a new one and quick initialize it That s what I did but the drive still shows up as a GB un-initialized drive which I cannot format Whenever I delete the RAID array Windows shows up two seperate un-initialized drives which I am also unable to format Also tried Hitachi s Drive Fitness Test to format my drive but the program cannot find my RAID controller No word yet from Promise techsupport I hope someone here can help me out Cheers nbsp

A:Can't initialize or format logical disk in Windows

look in bios see if you can enable boot from pci or and other devices
some older bios's don't have a pci boot device setup
you may need this to fix the error

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-initialize-or-format-logical-disk-in-windows.43869/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi all,

I have one 1 HDD with two logical drives. On both I have win7 installed. On the second logical disk I have MBR and old windows which I do not need in the future. Now I need to move MBR to the first logical disk. Please help me?

A:How to move MBR between logical disks in one physical disk?

As Windows can not boot with only Logical drives.
Can you post a screen shot of Disk management?
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...en-forums.html
Screenshot tools.
A Preferred Method of Uploading/Posting Screen Shots
How to Use the Snipping Tool in Vista - Vista Forums
Snipping Tool - Windows 7 features - Microsoft Windows
Use Snipping Tool to capture screen shots
Screenshot with Paint
Screenshot and Upload using MWSnap
fscapture free download

Use Snipping Tool to capture screen shots

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/187999-how-move-mbr-between-logical-disks-one-physical-disk.html
Relevancy 56.33%

My Factory Image D has only 1.52 GB free space, of 12.9 GB. I have an HP Pavilion with Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit.

What can I do, when I go to D I get the Warning message:
"This area of your hard drive
(or partition) contains files used
for your PC Recovery.

Do not delete or alter these files.

Any change to this partition could
prevent any recovery later."

I wil appreciate any help.
marita1

**I also want to wholeheartedly thank the posting that helped me last Saturday when I couldn't login, the step by step instructions/information were GREAT!

A:Logical disk D low amount free space

I am afraid that I do not fully understand your question. That D partition should not be touched. If you have a problem with your computer, there are keys (usually f keys) that you push during boot up, to restore to factory specs. It should be used only in dire circumstances.

I began by saying I did not quite understand. If you care to elaborate further, maybe I can give further assistance.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/266442-logical-disk-d-low-amount-free-space.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I Have seperate Disks installed Disk Active primary C GB with Win XP PRO GB Free Space Disk Logical D GB contains All my Data there is XP Win Partition to Logical Pro Moving Primary Disk GB Free Space Disk Terabyte split into Logical Drives GB each One for Images and the other for Backups Thus I have plenty of room to move the contents of Disk containing my data to one of these drives I would like to change the Active Primary Disk C GB to the Logical Disk D GB I have Acronis Direct Disk and know how to increase or reduce the partitions and create Unallocated space and then move data from one to another What I am afraid of is moving the Active Primary Partition C to the larger disk and losing the ability to boot to it What must I do to make the Logical drive Disk into the new Primary Active Drive Is this possible without corrupting it Do I first have to change the order of the disks from Master to Slave on the disks Which of these things do I need to do and in what order My purpose is to have a larger Active Primary Drive in preparation for a Win Pro install in the near future with the Xp Mode also installed Please help Thanking you Jugk Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Win XP Pro Moving Primary Partition to Logical Disk XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Radeon X Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB L Total Win XP Pro Moving Primary Partition to Logical Disk - MB Free - MB Motherboard Intel Corporation DG WH Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled I Have seperate Disks installed Disk Active primary C GB with XP PRO Disk Logical D GB All my Data Disk Terabyte split into Logical Drives GB each One for Images and the other for Backups nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

HI im just new here I want to ask someone who can help me out with regards to hard disk partitioning I have a gb seagate HDD and its my first time to do partitioning thru Hard to Logical delete? is Disk safe partition the help from the net I managed to do a partition and name it as B Backup files used gb set as primary my C which Hard Disk Logical partition is safe to delete? installed a windows on it uses gb of gb and i created another one E as vista gb of gb which currently empty I intend to install a vista here on E but it is currently set to logical drive Is it safe to delete this drive when i try deleting it i had Hard Disk Logical partition is safe to delete? this prompt message THIS IS AN EXTENDED PARTITION THE PARTITION WILL BE INACCESSIBLE IF YOU DELETE IT ARE Hard Disk Logical partition is safe to delete? YOU SURE YOU WANT TO DELETE IT what's gonna happen if i continue to it I want to creat a dual boot using a single HDD i want to start again and create a new partition as primary partition Please help

A:Hard Disk Logical partition is safe to delete?

The reason you get this message is the limitation of 4 primary partitions per volume. The extended partition allows you to create many more partitions. If, however, you create 4 primary partitions, you are stuck with that maximum of 4.
You can delete this extended partition, just make sure you do not paint yourself into a corner creating 4 primaries (unless 4 is all you want).

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/67778-hard-disk-logical-partition-safe-delete.html
Relevancy 55.9%

While attempting to format a USB drive in DiskPart (using the 'cmd' function) , I accidently deleted my Backup Drive "D".

How do I Recover the 2 TB drive with all my backups on it.

Since the episode my system has NOT been switched OFF or rebooted.
However I have exited from the CMD prompt.

Notwithstanding, the LIST DISK cmd within DiskPart still recognizes the Drive as Drive 1. ,
yet under the "VOLUME" command it is not recognized (only Drive "0" or my C drive).
Also within Diskmgmt.msc while being identified, I am unable to assign it as active as the system states that it is being "cleaned" ??

Your assistance is anxiously sought

Regards - Marburg

A:How to Recover Logical Disk after Deleting in DiskPart Win7

Should I not be able to recover the Disk Drive using Diskpart or some such WIN product,

What steps do I need to go through to have Win7 recognize the Drive and nominate it as my backup device, assuming I delete all data from it and run Ghost for both backups to re establish their integrity ? ?

If I have to take this recovery path then I accept the fact that I've probably lost all my backup's and restore points.

HELP Please

Marburg

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/339691-how-recover-logical-disk-after-deleting-diskpart-win7.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello everyone,

A friend of mine bought a 3TB Seagate SATA drive off eBay about a week ago. He has been having trouble with it since. He said at first the disk showed up in disk management but after a while stopped showing up all together. It wont show up in the BIOS, device manager, etc. His brother took it to the IT faculty at school and they said that it was marked as a server/RAID drive but didnt know how to change this or reset it.

Should this effect whether the disk is seen by the BIOS/Disk Management?
Is there any way to fix this or is this disk shot?

He contacted the seller on eBay and has yet to hear back.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/40548-disk-manager-device-manager-bios-unable-see-disk.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I encountered a problem where i could not see the Logical Extension of my formated HDD, i looked on the net with no result so using my hands + 2 cans of Cola i got the the bottom
Problem: If u CAN NOT see the ( D,E,F, ) whatever it was in XP before you re-installed to Windows 7,

Problem : Logical Extension (partition) Not showing

Solution:
=Start button ( the round thingie now)
=Right click on "Computer" - Manage (yes allow if are not admin)
=The second from bottom to the left is "Disk Management" - click it
=Find the "Missing Partiton" and right click it
=Change Drive letter and paths
=Add - Assign the Following Drive Letter ( select a letter you like)
and Restart
=Problem solved

= If not contact Microsoft, it worked for me =

A:Logical Extension (partition) Not showing Hard Disk touble

welcome Jagkondr to the forums
yeah this was already made in a tutorial
Hard Disk Partition Letter Missing in Windows 7 - Fix

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/4124-logical-extension-partition-not-showing-hard-disk-touble.html
Relevancy 55.04%

hi, im having some trouble installing linux mint in my laptop. i followed some of your guides saying how to create a new partition, but its not working. i already made 100 gb of unallocated space, i click on new simple volume and go through the process, but at the end i get a warning thing for making something dynamic, the other thread said never to click yes, or else all the OS's will stop working, so i wont click that, but after i click no, nothing happens. so im wondering, how can i create a partition for linux? i want to be able to plug my flash drive(4gb) and run linux from there. it already runs a graphical interfase thing but it makes me install linux, so i need to create a partition for the linux part of my laptop to be. can anyone please help?

A:unallocated disk space wont become logical, need to install linux

Post a snip of the disk management window here.

Though it does appear you're trying to create more than the max no. of partitions allowed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/188500-unallocated-disk-space-wont-become-logical-need-install-linux.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Can this be done?

EASUS won't let me.

My C: drive is running out of space, so I took 7 gigs from my D: drive and now it is unallocated.

How can I merge it with the primary partition?
It only lets me merge it with the drive I took it away from.

Many thanks.
Tom

A:Merging unallocated space removed from logical to primary disk

If it's really on a different (physical) drive you cannot do any such thing.

If it's on the same drive and the unallocated space is contiguous with the partition there should be no problem resizing the partition. But, your thread title indicated that the unallocated space is in a logical partition, and you can't extract it from the logical partition.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/merging-unallocated-space-removed-from-logical-to-primary-disk.967507/
Relevancy 55.04%

Three or four months ago I put together a new system with these specs Intel Core i - Ghz CpuAsus address was disk at logical block Operation xxxxx IO The retried? x for Sabertooth X Socket Corsair CMT GX M X C Dominator GB Memory KitOCZ ZX Watt PSUAsus GTX Video Card - The IO Operation at logical block address xxxxx for disk x was retried? GB Western Digital Black Edition Hard DrivesCorsair H i Closed Loop CPU CoolerPioneer The IO Operation at logical block address xxxxx for disk x was retried? DVD BurnerPatriot XT GB Flash Drive Installed for ReadyBoost Not long after I started using it I started seeing sluggish performance and on many operations the spinning cursor basically waiting for seconds before I could continue Looking at the system log I'm seeing hundred of messages quot The IO Operation at logical block address xxxxx for disk x was retried quot and disk x can be any storage device in the system i e either my main boot drive or my data drive a USB attached hard drive or my ReadyBoost Flash drive I've seen other Windows users posting about this problem in various forums and some people have had success fixing it through either an Intel chipset driver update a bios update or one person switched his SATA controller from AHCI to ATA although I don't know that would fix these errors on USB attached storage Some people seem to think that there's either a problem with the Windows storage subsystem or some kind of compatibility issue with bios or SATA controller drivers At the moment I'm using the latest bios available for the Sabertooth x version dated and the latest Intel chipset drivers Is there any more information available on this problem or idea's to correct it - Chris

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f90c5541-74b1-4c26-a8d8-0b26b33e2973/the-io-operation-at-logical-block-address-xxxxx-for-disk-x-was-retried?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi there!

I've been trying for the past hours to delete two logical drives so as to obtain some unallocated space that I could (in theory) transform into two new and shinny primary drives, on which I wish to reinstall XP, one as my main partition, the other to try out new programs.

Of course, things didn't work out that way!

So, now I'm stuck with my system on a logical drive (C {Boot},

some free space which I can only turn into a new logical drive

and my data on another primary partition without Windows on it, but still saying (E {System}

Whenever I try using Fdisk from a floppy to create new partitions, they always show-up as logical drives...

Any ideas? The worst thing is that I've done this many times in the past and can't figure out what I'm missing today!

Thanks,

Eric

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-create-new-primary-partitions-only-logical-drives-fdisk-or-xp-disk-mngmt.331221/
Relevancy 54.61%

My nt server is having multiple logical partitions,and all are formatted in NTFS.One of the partition is showing incorrect free space,i mean if i add the size of the files on that partition manually,the occupied space is much less than its showing in the disk properties window.There is no space used in this partition for paging also.

A:NTFS Logical partition showing incorrect free disk space

1) This link will give you part of the answer

how far off are you?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ntfs-logical-partition-showing-incorrect-free-disk-space.108639/
Relevancy 52.89%

I had a 6.4GB Samsung hard disk that I wanted to backup, as it contained some information I needed.
Model name: SV0644A
I was using USB-PATA interface.
When the disk was making my computer stuck, I switched it off, then turned it back on, just to hear that loud screeching noise of death.
I turned it off, then turned it back on, and the noise was gone...for a second.
Then the disk failed to recognize, then the scratching noise, then disk powered itself off.
I am quite sure that there's something wrong with the head inside the disk, but it is strange.
When the scratching noise can be heard, the disk would be recognized, then it would power off. When it's not, it would just refuse to work.
Since I couldn't find user manual for this hard disk, I need your help.

A:Loud scratching noise from disk, then disk fails to read

That does not sound good at all. Have you run windows check disk? If it is your disk it will let you know. Other than that you might have some viruses on there.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/loud-scratching-noise-from-disk-then-disk-fails-to-read.29368/
Relevancy 51.6%

I recently downloaded a nero program and now have a trojan horse on my computer which AVG picks up and says it will send to the vault but the next time I turn my computer on task ups ie other things and no pop manager, I get the same treat alert AVG says that no task manager, ie pop ups and other things this is the file name C Program Files spoolsvt exe My computer cannot find this file if I search for it to delete The problems that I have noticed are that the task manager doesnt work multiple very annoying IE pop ups advertising gaming mobile phone etc sites IE non responsive program pop ups If possible I would like to keep nero but if need be am happy to ditch Thanks for your help Oh and if you see anything else in there that I need to get rid of I would be happy to do that to DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Kylie at on Thu Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Intel AMT atchk exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Intel AMT atchksrv exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Pinnacle Shared Files Programs USBTip USBTip exe C Program Files Windows Live Family Safety fsssvc exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements apdproxy exe C Program Files Windows Live Family Safety fsui exe C WINDOWS system jwt exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro dpupdchk exe C Program Files Intel AMT LMS exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C Program Files Rockstar Games Rockstar Games Social Club RGSC exe C Program Files Pinnacle MediaServer Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL PINNACLESYS Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe C Program Files Common Files Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Pinnacle Shared Files Programs MediaServer PMSHost exe C WINDOWS system IoctlSvc exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Intel AMT UNS exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NMIndexingService exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar wltuser exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exe C Documents and Settings Kylie Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE GU P CUR dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp ninemsn com au uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO Windows Live Family Safety Browser Helper Class f ed cd- - a - f -d f d ac - c program files windows live family safety fssbho dl... Read more

A:no task manager, ie pop ups and other things

Hi,

Sorry for delayed response. Forums have been really busy. If you still need help with this post a fresh dds log, please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/210519/no-task-manager-ie-pop-ups-and-other-things/
Relevancy 51.6%

I wish to divide my single 500GB  C drive into two parts so that I can keep XP on one and put Windows 7 on the other. (How can I boot into the choice? -possible?)

Also on another computer I wish to shrink the D partition (of backup stuff) releasing 7 GB to merge into the C partition. Now I can do the shrinking but that puts the 7 GB into another partition to the right of D which cannot be merged with C as it is not contiguous which seems to be the case with the managers I've tried - Easeus, PartitionMagic.

Perhaps these operations are impossible?

Thanks for advice.

A:I need a partition manager to do these things.....

First, you need to find out if your hardware is compatible with Windows 7 if you haven't done that.
Download Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor from Official Microsoft Download Center

For excellent advice on how to dual boot XP and 7 or just replace XP with 7,  here are two links:
How to Move On After Windows XP Without Giving Up Your PC
How to Dual Boot Windows 7 with XP or Vista

On the second computer, move the files from D to another drive...either flash or hdd or DVD(s).
Use one of the programs you have to delete the D partition after moving the files.

Before attempting to shrink the new enlarged Windows XP installed partition, be sure to defragment the drive first.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/530031/i-need-a-partition-manager-to-do-these-things/
Relevancy 51.6%

help! i have loads of things (duplicate) in my task manager....what can i do to fix this?
thx in advance

A:too many things in my task manager!

Some items will be duplicates, this is normal.

Use this site to look up the task manager process name to see what they are, use the alphabet at the top to narrow the search for the process.
http://searchtasks.answersthatwork.com/tasklist.php?Letter=S

Be very careful of the spellings,
example:

svchost.exe this is an OK process

scvhost.exe this is most likely malware masquerading a a legitimate windows process
once you have an idea of what process are running, you can start to compile a list of processes (programs) you would like to take out of start up. Windows processes should not be removed.

Use msconfig to do this
http://netsquirrel.com/msconfig/msconfig_xp.html

If you have malware or viruses running as processes, that is a whole other story
Go to this board, read the first "Sticky" at the top very carefully, then post your log on the Hijack board for expert help.

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-xp/54-malware...jackthis-logs/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/too-many-things-in-my-task-manager.877830/
Relevancy 51.6%

Two of my USB external Hard drives a Fantom GB and a Western Digital My Book GB cannot be seen in My Computer I can see them Computer Manager External & Manager drives Device but in show not Disk in Device Manager and that says that they are working properly and the drivers are up to Date In Disk Manager the external drives had a black bar unlike the other drives which had blue bars The external disks had a number assigned to them but no letter I have tried diskpart in the command prompt was able to External drives show in Device Manager & Disk Manager but not Computer assign a letter then had to format the drives and they did show up in My computer as valid empty external hard drives with the correct amount of space on them But when I tried to recover the backed up data for one of the disks less than a External drives show in Device Manager & Disk Manager but not Computer third of the capacity of either drive they went back to not being recognized by My Computer ans in disk manager had a black line with no letter again I just went through that process again got both drives back and tried to recover the backed up files to my Fantom drive and lost the Fantom drive once again I am attaching screen shots of my current My Computer Computer in Device Manager and Disk Manager In Device Manager you can see the Fantom The My Book is the WD AAV In Disk Manager the My Book shows healthy External drives show in Device Manager & Disk Manager but not Computer with Disk and the letter L The Fantom is Disk with no letter and a black bar In My computer the My Book is there but not the Fantom Any ideas for this I am about to just recover my computer to factory setup and start new I have saved all my important files and mail to the newer Toshiba Canvio Thanks in advance Dick

A:External drives show in Device Manager & Disk Manager but not Computer

Hi Dick1030,

Welcome to Seven Forums.

Please do as follows:

1. It is unusual for the System Reserved Partition to have a drive letter. Please remove the drive letter.

2. Please remove (always Safely Remove) all the external drives including any card reader and do a drive cleanup as indicated here. http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/298744-usb-thumb-drives-not-recognised-not-drive-letter.html#post2477076 It will clean your system of all non-present devices and you will be starting with a clean slate.(Incidentally this can resolve many drive letter assignment confusion of Windows OS, as you can see in the referenced thread.)

3. After you reboot on completion of the drive cleanup, plugin only your WD My Book and the Fantom drive. As you plug-in the driver for each device will be installed ab-initio. You can watch it.

4. Now take a screenshot of the Disk Management and post. While taking the screenshot, click on "Show/Hide Console Tree” and “Show/Hide Action Pane” buttons on the toolbar on top to hide those and also pull up the center partition line up as much as possible so that we get a clear and full view.

5. Also tell us whether you are sure that you had formatted the Fantom drive and it contains data and whether you want to recover the data..

(Your statements and the screenshots are so confusing - atleast to me - it is necessary that you do the above and restate the problem.)

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/302717-external-drives-show-device-manager-disk-manager-but-not-computer.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Yesterday, I started a download and kept the pc on with my Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex External HDD 1TB plugged in. After I woke up I realized that there was a power cut and the computer went off unexpectadly (I had no UPS or any backup system).And, I found that my Ext HDD was not seen in my computer anymore (It was working perfectly until before I went to bed).
In device manager, under 'Disks' it shows 'GoFlex Hard Disk', but in BIOS or Disk Manager there is no sign of this HDD.

I really need the data in the HDD badly. Please help me recover it.
P.S. I read somewhere that keeping the HDD in freezer might help and give a little more time. Is that true? Worth the risk?

A:External HDD gets detected in Device Manager but not Disk Manager or seen in 'My Computer'

Power outage probably killed something in the enclosure or its PSU. The drive in the enclosure is probably fine. I would remove the drive from the enclosure and put it in a dock or install it in a desktop computer before considering freezing it. Freezing is usually reserved for click of death drives, and a last ditch effort.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hdd-gets-detected-in-device-manager-but-not-disk-manager-or-seen-in-my-computer.201343/
Relevancy 50.74%

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista to manager? things task in many running SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows OEM Mon exe C Program Files Dell Dell Webcam Manager DellWMgr exe C Program Files Common Files to many things running in task manager? Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Belkin Router Setup and Monitor BelkinRouterMonitor exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Belkin Router Setup and Monitor to many things running in task manager? BelkinSetup exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil e ActiveX exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Users Mike AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Content IE K UAC HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http to many things running in task manager? go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId amp homepage http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - b - - e-b b-ca bd ca - no file R - URLSearchHook no name - d -f cc- f - a- f a f - no file O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - Toolbar Mp Tube Toolbar - C -E A - c -BFFB-E C E - quot C Program Files Mp Tube Toolbar mp tubetb dll quot file missing O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run OEM Mon exe C Windows OEM Mon exe O - HKLM Run DELL Webcam Manager quot C Program Files Dell Dell Webcam Manager DellWMgr exe quot s O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run MSC quot C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe quot -hide -runkey O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run OEM Cfg exe OEM Cfg exe O - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp ProgramFiles SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM sttray exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NVHotkey rundll exe C Windows system nvHotkey dll Start O - HKLM Run InstaLAN quot C Program Files Belkin Router Setup and Monitor BelkinRouterMonitor exe quot startup O - HKCU Run Sidebar C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe autoRun O - HKCU Run ehTray exe C Windows ehome ehTray exe O - Startup OneNote Screen Clipper and Launcher lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Send to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra Tools menuitem S amp end to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Offi... Read more

A:to many things running in task manager?

You've submitted this same HiJackThis log in someone else's thread in the "Windows XP" section.

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-xp/1029450-too-many-processes-running.html

---------------------------------------------------------------

Unless you suspect your computer is infected and needs the assistance of a trained gold/blue shield member, you need to start a thread in the "Windows Vista" section.

Besides submitting a HiJackThis log, you need to advise what problem(s) you're having.

----------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/to-many-things-running-in-task-manager.1032767/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello. I just have seen few suspicious things in my task manager and they cannot be terminated. First one is PING.EXE - TCP/IP Ping Command (They are running 2) I know that is pings internet and could make to work slower for internet, it cannot be terminated, because it instantly runs again. Sometimes it exiting and launching himself. And second is RUNDLL~1.EXE - Win32 Installer It also same as PING.EXE, cannot be terminated (Also running 2).

How i can disable that two applications that it never launches again in my computer?

Sorry for my bad English. :/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/few-suspicious-things-in-task-manager.1050617/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi there I need some help determining what's all these things running in the background of my pc and many Too running my task in manager. things how to get rid of them I have about things under processes in Too many things running in my task manager. my task manager and I only have Firefox VLC and another folder open I also have AVG and Rainmeter running so that's there too but is just too much It might be virus and what not but it hasn't affected my speed in anyway but I believe it's Too many things running in my task manager. eating my memory like hell I have gb of RAM and everything runs smoothly However I use music softwares like Fruity Loops and I find Too many things running in my task manager. it clipping even with not many libraries loaded With my Firefox open and one sound library loaded there was clipping which means not enough RAM I thought I better do something about it before it gets worse but I don't know what to do Is there anything that can help identify and clear some of this stuff like CCleaner

A:Too many things running in my task manager.

50 processes on XP is not unreasonable. Many systems have more than that and have no issues at all. The number of processes in itself has very little relationship with performance. If you suspect memory problems you should post a screenshot of Task Manager - Performance tab. Looking at the running processes at this time is premature.

Do not, I repeat, do not run a registry cleaner. These tend to cause more problems than they solve and should generally be avoided.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/too-many-things-running-in-my-task-manager-685660.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I went onto my Windows task Manager on Windows xp and googled everything that was showen, a few things that I googled came back as couild be a virus. explorer.exe, winlogin.exe,csrss.exe, and Isass.exe. Now how do I find out if these are virues or part of the programs on my computer?

A:Looked At Task Manager And Not Sure About A Few Things That Were On It

Explorer.exe, winlogin.exe and csrss.exe are all legitimate parts of your operating system and indeed are required for your computer to function adequately. Are you sure the other file was Isass.exe?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/148726/looked-at-task-manager-and-not-sure-about-a-few-things-that-were-on-it/
Relevancy 50.74%

I only see the columns Task and Status when I open Task Manager. I am also missing the red X close icon.

How do I make it complete?

A:Task Manager-missing things?

Double click on the window frame.

Task Manager - Small Footprint Mode - Vista Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/86398-task-manager-missing-things.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I started researching why my sound and video was acting chattery and came upon this site that talked about to much running in my task manager I opened my task manager and copied and pasted it here My system has been acting buggy and bogged down Could I have a virus or something Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows OEM Mon exe C Program Files Dell Dell Webcam Manager DellWMgr exe things running to task manager? in many C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C to many things running in task manager? Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces to many things running in task manager? exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Belkin Router Setup and Monitor BelkinRouterMonitor exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Belkin Router Setup and Monitor BelkinSetup exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil e ActiveX exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Users Mike AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Content IE K UAC HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink Link LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - b - - e-b b-ca bd ca - no file R - URLSearchHook no name - d -f cc- f - a- f a f - no file O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - Toolbar Mp Tube Toolbar - C -E A - c -BFFB-E C E - quot C Program Files Mp Tube Toolbar mp tubetb dll quot file missing O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run OEM Mon exe C Windows OEM Mon exe O - HKLM Run DELL Webcam Manager quot C Program Files Dell Dell Webcam Manager DellWMgr exe quot s O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run MSC quot C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe quot -hide -runkey O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run OEM Cfg exe OEM Cfg exe O - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp ProgramFiles SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM sttray exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NVHotkey rundll exe C Windows system nvHotkey dll Start O - HKLM Run InstaLAN quot C Program Files Belkin Router Setup and Monitor BelkinRouterMonitor exe quot startup O - HKCU Run Sidebar C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe autoRun O - HKCU Run ehTray exe C Windows ehome ehTray exe O - Startup OneNote Screen Clipper and Launcher lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Off... Read more

Relevancy 50.31%

Hi, 3 weeks ago, I disabled some programs from startup using "msconfig" It worked fine until yesterday. Now lots of "exe" files run in the startup from the programs I have. I checked "msconfig" again, but they are not there.

-I use Norton Internet Security
-TuneUp Utilities 2012

That's a picture from my task manager, my system is Turkish, but you will understand the situation. When I try to close a running process, some of them closes, then opens again.

My Task Manager:

And this is the rest of the screen:

P.S: I am new in this forum, the section of the thread can be wrong, but I thought there might be a virus.

A:Strange Things Happen In My Task Manager

Hello and welcome to TSF.

No malware applications in the Task Manager list. If you suspect your system is infected, we want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

a link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined below.

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/strange-things-happen-in-my-task-manager-616675.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Ok, first of all i am running windows xp, SP2, ive got about 100 things running in my task manager (under processes). Some of which i know what they are and am not concerned with, but some are questionable, then ones im concerned with are, CSRSS.exe (which is in the C:/windows/system32 folder, CFTMON.exe (which is in the same folder), FireDaemon.exe, GcasDTserv.exe (i have Gcasserv.exe running as well but that tasklist website says its for microsoft antispyware), Lmonitor.exe, Mysqld-nt.exe, PLNRnote.exe, rundll32.exe (which i read is not supposed to run in windows xp), uwdf.exe, and winsecure.exe.
maybe im worried about nothing, but if anyone has any input that would kick ***, thanks!

Relevancy 50.31%

As I was playing a game my speakers stopped and minimized, then my Realtek HD Audio Manager says that my headset is plugged in, I looked to see if it was, it wasn't...and now my sound is muted, I rebooted the computer and there was no change, I closed Realtek Audio Manager down and started it back up and still no change! So does anyone know how why its saying my headset is plugged in when its NOT and how to get rid of it?

Sincerely, InuYasha194

A:Realtek HD Audio Manager's is reading things

And just now as I type it stopped reading the imaginary headset...is this a virus or is my pc going on an internal-spaz-attack?

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/202128-realtek-hd-audio-managers-reading-things.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi guys, I was just wondering if a professional here can tell me if two searchprotocolhost.exe is normal or if I have a virus, and if trustedinstaller.exe should be running everytime I turn off windows services/features and such.

A:Query about strange things in task manager.

It's a standard part of Windows 7.  Not to worry.  

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/537741/query-about-strange-things-in-task-manager/
Relevancy 50.31%

I've scoured the net to try to solve this. It's a very simple inquiry with a very definitive answer (i.e. this is solved when I can make extended/logical partitions in disk management).

When I select unallocated space in disk maagement All I get is "New Simple Volume" option.

how do I create an extended partition and then logicals on it? I can do this ever so easily in gparted and may resort to that but a bit infuriated at how clunky this seems in disk management.

A:Logical Partitioning in Disk Management Only "Simple Volume"???

Windows disk management is very basic in that you have to create three primary partitions first before creating the fourth, which will be an extended partition that will then let you create logical partitions within it.

You may want to create a Partition Wizard bootable disc, which is far more flexible than Windows 7's disk management utility.

Partition Wizard : Use the Bootable CD

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/188116-logical-partitioning-disk-management-only-simple-volume.html
Relevancy 49.88%

hello everybody i have a problem a problem with my laptop its a acer corei home premium bit recently i was deleting some files from fails Boot manager my documents i dont know if i have included to delete some the default program files to run the windows normally then one morning when i turned on my laptop boot manager windows with blue stripe above and gray body with options that i dont even know what it means when i try to open one of the options Boot manager fails i hear a very sharp sound that goes on with the beat of the hard disk start-up manager comes out but after repairing boot manager window still shows everytime i turn-on my laptop i do further research on the internet and try system recovery tools on my disk i tried one-by-one including commands such as bootrec exe FixMbr bootrec exe FixBoot and so-on but everytime i turned it on the same problems exist i also have tried sfc scannow problems still exist it seems the only problem of my laptop Boot manager fails is the START-UP because honestly theres an option of 'start windows normally quot and my pc works fine Boot manager fails after that but again when i turn it off and turn it on again the same problem display i also tried restore options for so many times tried all those tools for so many times but still my start-up problems still exist it seems my laptop is loop into different events that i m doing with it honestly i registered here because i believe that this is a group of experts and techie people including administrators im a commerce student and my knowledge with these kind of problems are limited if anyone read this I BADLY NEED UR HELP i already dont know what to do anymore i dont want ending up reformatting my laptop HELP

A:Boot manager fails

Quote:
boot manager windows with blue stripe above and gray body with 3 options that i dont even know what it means

one option is name "start windows normally".. what are the other 2 options?

If you select "start windows normally" all is fine (expect the 3 options all the time if booting)?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/261511-boot-manager-fails.html
Relevancy 49.88%

So i downloaded limewire pro like and idiot off of the normal lime wire and now my computer is gone completely hay wire the clock switched to hour time and says virus alert next to it any help would be greatly disabled among others) manager, things Lots of regedit, (task apperciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at VIRUS ALERT on Lots of things disabled (task manager, regedit, among others) Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Safe mode Lots of things disabled (task manager, regedit, among others) with network support Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system Restore rstrui exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http softwarereferral com jump php MjI Ojg amp lid R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO QXK Olive - BBF - B - B-A D -B A - C WINDOWS nkefbltdvts dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar dkwqgnbe - DC F F-D BA- CE - CDB- ABF E - C DOCUME Holey LOCALS Temp ac zt dkwqgnbe dll file missing O - HKLM Run hpWirelessAssistant C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe O - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe quot -startup O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut CHDAudPropShortcut exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run lphc ftj epbw C WINDOWS system lphc ftj epbw exe O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background O - HKCU Run updateMgr C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader AdobeUpdateManager exe AcRdB -reboot O - HKCU Run C Documents and Settings Holey Application Data Adobe Player exe O - HKCU Run svchost C DOCUME Holey LOCALS Temp IXP TMP svchost exe O - HKUS S- - - Run MySpaceIM C Program Files MySpace IM MySpaceIM exe User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run MySpaceIM C Program Files MySpace IM MySpaceIM exe User 'Default user' O - DEFAULT User Startup Vongo Tray lnk C Program Files Vongo Tray exe User 'Default user' O - Global Startup HP Photosmart Premier Fast Start lnk C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqthb exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Works Calendar Reminders lnk O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Restrictions present O - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies System DisableRegedit O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program ... Read more

A:Lots of things disabled (task manager, regedit, among others)

Is this the same computer that you have requested help with in your other thread ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...shutdowns.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/lots-of-things-disabled-task-manager-regedit-among-others-298951.html
Relevancy 49.88%

a Problem with Adding the ram it is i added the Ram i Install windows service PACK on Windows task manager it shows me i have MB RAM ON SYSTEM INFO i see GB Ram what i use Windows vista Home Premium x Bit Also i will explain a bit for first i had GB ram on my pc when i bought it than i bought pack's of GB Ram and added them then something was installing when windows was starting then i installed the service pack and it shows me i have GB ram but on task manager i have only the problem its why it shows me isnt it possible to have gb or higher Other Question i have tried to change my Windows reinstall info [HELP] Manager Task things system on different Ram and on shows etc to windows vista ultimate bit but when i put the cd to boot it i wait a bit some noize comes from CD and then all starting normal quot yes i changed the bios to boot first from CD'' I Burned DVD's CD's [HELP] Ram shows different things on system info and on Task Manager to make it work but nothing if possible Friends help me how to reinstall my Windows or fix my problem or tell me what's better to do ScreenShots Sure System Info Task Manager Thank you Alot for Reading And [HELP] Ram shows different things on system info and on Task Manager sorry for The German Deutsch Language on ScreenShots With much regards Stephan Kalanidis -------------

A:[HELP] Ram shows different things on system info and on Task Manager

i have the same problem
i press to boot with Esc the DVD/CD
and NOTHING !

help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/help-ram-shows-different-things-on-system-info-and-on-task-manager-377248.html
Relevancy 49.88%

hey guys I things and couple other a problems manager regedit/task just suddenly got a regedit/task manager problems and a couple other things lot of viruses or something I'm not sure where they came from I was playing an offline game and suddenly started getting a whole lot of Spybot S amp D prompts Shortly afterwards I began getting popups that would popup every minutes or so whether I had IE or Firefox open or not regedit/task manager problems and a couple other things These were the lovely popups with the hyphen in the URL www wild-savings com muon html www prem-iumcerficate com muon html www coup-ons com muon html www savi-ngs com muon html etc I remember getting this at one point in time before and can't really remember what I did to get rid of it I still have ewido and others from the last time I got it so I ran them ewido spybot adaware ccleaner smitremfix Spybot found a lot of stuff as well as adaware After fixing everything in both programs running ewido in safe mode regedit/task manager problems and a couple other things and fixing those problems I still get the popups SmitRem didn't work either So after all this I start googling my problems I found a thread on this board that didn't help and I find a couple sites that talk about opening regedit and or task manager to fix these problems Well I go to run regedit and it won't open and says that it is quot being used by another program quot Ctrl alt del doesn't bring up task manager either Any time I try to run anything to try to fix this reg files that are supposed to fix stuff etc it says it is in use by another program I found Kitty Korner or whatever that has the thing to fix task manager and that reg file also says that it is being used What the ever-living crap is going on and how can I stop it List of stuff I've run SmitRem didn't do anything Spybot S amp D found a lot of stuff and quot fixed quot it all Ad-Aware found a lot of stuff and quot fixed quot it all l mfix did nothing Hijackthis I put a check by and it said it couldn't fix it Ewido found a couple things including l m and fixed them all Ccleaner cleaned files CWShredder didn't find anything Here's my HJT log if anybody could have any idea of what I can do Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA EXE C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS System devldr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Creative SB Live PlayCenter CTNMRUN EXE H ActiveSync WCESCOMM EXE H Spyware Stuff Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe H PeerGuardian pg exe H Stardock OBJECT WindowFX wfxload exe C Documents and Settings All Users Start Menu Programs Startup msconfig exe C Documents and Settings All Users Start Menu Programs Startup taskmgr exe H ScanSoft Naturally Speaking Program natspeak exe h ActiveSync WCESMgr exe H Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Timmy Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM RunServices p p networking p pnetworking exe O - HKCU Run NOMAD Detector quot C Program Files Creative SB Live PlayCenter CTNMRUN EXE quot O - HKCU Run H PC Connection Agent quot H ActiveSync WCESCOMM EXE quot O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer H Spyware Stuff Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - HKCU Run PeerGuardian H PeerGuardian pg exe O - HKCU Run WindowFX H Stardock OBJECT WindowFX wfxload exe O - HKCU Run ccleaner quot H Spyware Stuff CCleaner ccleaner exe quot AUTO O - Startup Dragon NaturallySpeaking lnk H ScanSoft Naturally Speaking Program natspeak exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk H Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Global... Read more

A:regedit/task manager problems and a couple other things

Hi and welcome to TSF.

I am currently reviewing your log. Please note that this is under the supervision of an expert analyst, and I will be back with a fix for your problem as soon as possible.

You may wish to Subscribe to this thread (Thread Tools) so that you are notified when you receive a reply.

Please be patient with me during this time.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/regedit-task-manager-problems-and-a-couple-other-things-103741.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a customer s computer here from Wizard) Disk Ontrack Disk files (Seagate partition Manager Recovering that has two hard disks a GB and a GB The GB is the boot drive and has been set up with Ontrack Disk Manager part of Seagate Disk Wizard both drives are Seagate drives the GB is regular NTFS The machine originally ran WinME but has been upgraded to XP The problem is that Disk Manager comes up with an error on startup saying it can t find Recovering files from Ontrack Disk Manager (Seagate Disk Wizard) partition the operating system I Recovering files from Ontrack Disk Manager (Seagate Disk Wizard) partition can t get into the GB drive to find out what s happened it doesn t show up as a readable partition when I boot off a floppy or plug the drive into another machine Partition Magic reads it as a quot Disk Manager quot partition When I boot off the XP setup CD it doesn t see any partitions on the drive The most I ve been able to do is run EasyRecovery over the drive using the RAW partition type i e it doesn t find any files as FAT or NTFS which allows me to extract all the files but without the filenames or directories Spinrite seemed to find a bad sector when I did a level recovery Seatools found Recovering files from Ontrack Disk Manager (Seagate Disk Wizard) partition no errors on the drive Does anyone know how you can copy files off a drive that has been set up with Ontrack Disk Manager I installed ODM on a workshop computer but it doesn t seem to have any feature that lets me convert the drive to a regular partition format or extract files from it nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recovering-files-from-ontrack-disk-manager-seagate-disk-wizard-partition.334030/
Relevancy 49.45%

I had a virus on my laptop which manager fails task win98 in I have managed to remove My problem is now task manager does no work therefor can not use the laptop Here is my log file from the laptop Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows task manager fails in win98 SE Win x A MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE F HIJACK HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www organicsmart co uk R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer O - BHO McBrwHelper Class - B AA -DAF - -BD D- F BCB E - C PROGRAM FILES MCAFEE COM MPS MCBRHLPR DLL O - BHO McAfee PopupKiller - EC F-E - cae- B B-B C A - C PROGRAM FILES MCAFEE COM MPS POPUPKILLER DLL O - BHO BAHelper Class - A FDD -A - - - ED E DBBB - C PROGRAM FILES SIDEFIND SFBHO DLL O - Toolbar msdxmLC dll email protected amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - C PROGRAM FILES MCAFEE COM VSO MCVSSHL DLL O - Toolbar YourSiteBar - D C- EFE- f a-AA - A F - C PROGRAM FILES YOURSITEBAR YSB DLL O - HKLM Run MPFExe C PROGRA MCAFEE COM PERSON MPFTRAY EXE O - HKLM Run McRegWiz C PROGRA MCAFEE COM AGENT MCREGWIZ EXE autorun O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe C PROGRA MCAFEE COM AGENT mcagent exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA MCAFEE COM AGENT MCUPDATE EXE O - HKLM Run IST Service ISTsvc istsvc exe O - HKLM Run FoRaHba C PLETFDN EXE O - HKLM Run AntiSpyware C PROGRAM FILES MCAFEE MCAFEE ANTISPYWARE MssCli exe O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot C PROGRA MCAFEE COM VSO MCMNHDLR EXE quot checktask O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online quot C PROGRA MCAFEE COM VSO mcvsshld exe quot O - HKLM Run MPSExe C PROGRA MCAFEE COM MPS mscifapp exe embedding O - HKLM Run MSKServerExe C Program Files McAfee SpamKiller MSKSrvr exe O - HKLM Run MSKAGENTEXE C PROGRA MCAFEE SPAMKI MSKAGENT EXE O - HKLM Run MSKDetectorExe C PROGRA MCAFEE SPAMKI MSKDETCT EXE startup O - HKLM Run TaskMonitor C WINDOWS taskmon exe O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run IrMon IrMon exe O - HKLM Run PowerQuest Startup Utility C Program Files PowerQuest PartitionMagic UTILITY MMOVER PQINIT EXE O - HKLM Run mdac runonce C WINDOWS SYSTEM runonce exe O - HKLM Run autoclk autoclk exe O - HKLM Run adiras adiras exe O - HKLM Run ICcontrol C WINDOWS iccontrol exe O - HKLM RunServices McVsRte C PROGRA MCAFEE COM VSO mcvsrte exe embedding O - HKLM RunServices LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKCU Run McAfee QuickClean Imonitor C Program Files McAfee McAfee QuickClean Plguni exe START O - HKCU Run Windows installer C winstall exe O - Startup AOL Tray Icon lnk E AOL aoltray exe O - Startup DSLMON lnk C Program Files SAGEM SAGEM email protected - dslmon exe O - Extra button Related - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - C WINDOWS web related htm O - Extra Tools menuitem Show amp Related Links - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - C WINDOWS web related htm O - Extra button no name - CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE - no file O - Extra button SideFind - E -DEB - -A -B F EC B - C PROGRAM FILES SIDEFIND SIDEFIND DLL O - Plugin for mid C PROGRA INTERN PLUGINS npqtplugin dll O - Plugin for wav C PROGRA INTERN PLUGINS npqtplugin dll O - Trusted Zone asdbiz biz O - Trusted Zone slotchbar com O - Trusted Zone asdbiz biz HKLM O - Trusted Zone slotchbar com HKLM O - Trusted IP range O - Trusted IP range HKLM O - DPF D DB D - EC - A -BD - E E BB - http ak imgfarm com images nocache funwebproducts ei- CursorManiaFWBInitialSetup - cab O - DPF ADVFN v - http www advfn com p php pid loadercab O - DPF F C BA- F- C -B E -ECFD EED Installer Class - http www ysbweb com ist softwares v ysb website cab O - HKLM System CCS Services VxD MSTCP Domain WORK O - SSODL Web Event Logger - EFFAAFF-EA A- A A-CBCD-F D - C WINDOWS SYSTEM Kpkjdoql dll file missing O - SSODL DDE - F FB-F C- - F -FD C C - C WINDOWS S... Read more

Relevancy 49.45%

I have both right and left clicked on the Task Manager icon, and it will not come up. Ctrl+Alt+Delete does not bring it up. I did a System Restore to 24-hours back, but it did not help. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Task Manager fails to come up in Vista

Hello and Welcome to TSF,

Did you try right clicking on the taskbar itself and choosing task manager?
What happens when you do that?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/task-manager-fails-to-come-up-in-vista-424929.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Is there any other way to end a process in windows other than using the task manager?

A:Task Manager fails to end process

Do you have windows XP pro or home?

How come you only have SP1 installed? was inst SP2 installed?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/task-manager-fails-to-end-process-322397.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi, My Seagate 2TB external hard disk is not getting detected by my PC, doesn't show in 'Safely remove hardware' option.

However, based on one old thread, I installed Partition Recovery Wizard and this is how the scan looks. Please help.

A:External Hard Disk not detected, visible in Disk Manager

Please find the screenshot of disk management

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/399017-external-hard-disk-not-detected-visible-disk-manager.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Running a freshly done re-install of win bit I'm working leaving Disk big too manager Using to partition win7 disk... shrink on bringing the newly installed machine up to speed and want to do it like the old OS that lasted yrs was done That is I broke the main OS disk into pieces so three total since the OS takes a tiny mb partition I guessed a good size would be GB for the OS yrs ago It turned out to be a bit close by the end of its career and was only GB shy of GB So this time Using win7 Disk manager to shrink disk... leaving partition too big I thought I'd give it another GB making it around GB So cutting to the chase Using the OS tools it appears the disk manager wants to keep around Using win7 Disk manager to shrink disk... leaving partition too big for the OS I cannot see why this would be the case I have some screen grabs at the end showing the shrink dialog and snap of the properties of the disk And know too that I have Tested and De-fragmented this disc and it has been freshly reformatted too All not long before starting work to shrink it The dialog see image below shows Sz taken direct from the tool Conversions from Convert gigabyte to megabyte - Conversion of Measurement Units size before shrink - GB Shrinkable amount - GB Total size after shrinking - GB GB seems a bit hefty for the OS partition given the fact that it topped out at less than GB after yrs of use I'd really like to pare that down but a little hesitant to get after it with Partition Wizard or the like So I'm asking if I should heed this greedy estimate or go ahead and shrink it down to GB booting off Partition Wizard As you see from the image of disk properties there is about GB on there now my estimate of GB gives it room to grow by a of factor

A:Using win7 Disk manager to shrink disk... leaving partition too big

I'd think only you can decide how much additional space you need, both for application programs you plan to install eventually as well as for any data those programs may manage, not to mention other documents and files you currently have or plan to have in the future.

I myself have three internal hard drives in my "small" machine, divided into partitions C-M. This structure has evolved for many years, and I know exactly the type of data I put on each partition. C is obviously primarily for Windows and programs, along with miscellaneous "data" that's kind of generic. Any other data that is significant in size or numbers (e.g. multi-media audio/video/pictures) go elsewhere, as does important "work related" data. I've never bothered to try and move "\My Documents" off of C, I simply SAVE data to other partitions when given the opportunity.

Anyway, I agree with you that a "minimalist C" in the real world doesn't need to be much larger than probably 75-100GB tops, assuming you have someplace else (like a second partition) to store your REAL (or really large/numerous) DATA files, and assuming you're conscientious about SAVE'ing your data to those other partitions rather than just letting the target location default to say "downloads" or "\My Documents", etc.

Here's my "small machine" setup. Note that I'm only using about 64GB of my C-partition, of which the Windows 7 Pro x64 folder itself is 29GB, and Program Files (x86 and x64) take up another 13GB. Another 7GB for PAGEFIL and HIBERFIL and 4GB for "restore points", and that means I only have about 11GB actually being used on C for data and other assorted folders/files.

And that's because all of my "real data" is NOT SAVED ON C.

Of course I have a well-planned daily/weekly/monthly backup regimen in place (for both "system image" and "data"), to an external 2TB USB 3.0 drive. Cannot afford to lose ANYTHING, and don't want to spend more than 5-30 minutes recovering from a lost/deleted file or a system integrity disaster.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/323827-using-win7-disk-manager-shrink-disk-leaving-partition-too-big.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have two hard disks, one Seagate 120 GB one and another Maxtor d540x-4d
5400 rpm 40 GB UATA/100 drive. My problem is that the maxtor drive used to
work fine, but recently, it is recognized by BIOS and Device Manager in
Windows, but it is not shown by either the logical disk manager in disk
management or My computer. What is the problem? Any remedies? THanking you

A:Hard Disk recognized by bios, but not by My computer/Disk Manager

You need to partition and format a drive to see it as a drive letter in Windows.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-disk-recognized-by-bios-but-not-by-my-computer-disk-manager.22019/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi, My Seagate 2TB external hard disk is not getting detected by my PC, doesn't show in 'Safely remove hardware' option.

However, based on one old thread, I installed Partition Recovery Wizard and this is how the scan looks. Please help.

A:External Hard Disk not detected, visible in Disk Manager

Please find the screenshot of disk management

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/399017-external-hard-disk-not-detected-visible-disk-manager.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Windows I have two TB Seagate HDDs that are a mirrored pair on a Marvell Raid Card nbsp Each HDD is TB I use this as a back up drive nbsp The Drive Seagate Disk - Manager) Invalid under (Disk 3TB 1 drive is partitioned into parts nbsp I believe I used MBR formatting but it may have been GUID nbsp It has been working as I have backed up around TB already wit no problem The drive is now invalid nbsp It shows up under the Marvell boot software with no errors The only thing I know that could have affected this HDD is that I unplugged an external hard drive from the USB nbsp the screen was not 3TB Seagate Drive - Invalid (Disk 1 under Disk Manager) on so I did not see anything nbsp The other thing was that the computer was rebooted by someone else and it may have been a hard boot nbsp before I noticed the problem If I am looking at the correct HDD with the program HxD i am not sure how to distinguish one hard drive from another on the program the side column in the hexadecimal listing has a note on line that says quot Invalid partition table Error loading operating system Missing operating system quot nbsp This does not seem like an error that should appear on a hard drive that is not the boot drive so I am not sure if I am looking at nbsp the correct drives What nbsp can I do

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1d3b8e58-d0e7-4863-9b2e-5ccc39b063f8/3tb-seagate-drive-invalid-disk-1-under-disk-manager?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi!!

I have a SATA Hard Disk, it was working ok then I stopped using the computer for about 3 months and when I turned it back on the Hard Disk is not showing in the BIOS or in the Disk Manager, what could have happend and is there ANY way it can be fixed?

Thanks!!

A:Hard Disk not showing in BIOS or Disk Manager

Did you reset CMOS? check in BIOS what method your HDD is using.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/323151-hard-disk-not-showing-bios-disk-manager.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I'm not sure how I ended up like this, but using Computer Manager > Disk Manager, I ended up with my disk 0 as follows:

System Reserved
85MB NFTS
Healthy (System, Active, Primary partition)

16MB
Unallocated

System (C)
139.64 GB NTFS
Healthy (Boot, Page File, Crash Dump, Primary Partition)

In addition, I have four other hard disks, and they are correctly formatted and partitioned (one partition each -- which is what I want with disk 0).

Objective: reclaim the unallocated 16MB and add it to the healthy section; likewise, reclame the "System Reserved" and also add it to the healthy section.

I'm rebuilding the system and don't have much software, so I could reload Windows 7 (Professional), but I'd rather avoid reloading those 100 fixes!

What should I do?

A:Using Disk Manager, need to unshrink and reclaim Disk 0 space

Just extend System Reserved into the 16mb space which was shrunk from it: Partition or Volume - Extend.

The rest looks correct although it would be best to see a screenshot of your maximized Disk Mgmt map with listings.

Make sure none other than SysReserved are marked Active.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/212809-using-disk-manager-need-unshrink-reclaim-disk-0-space.html
Relevancy 49.02%

So, apparently Microsoft distributes it's DreamSpark downloads through a piece of software made in 1999.

Here is the link for your convinience:
https://static.onthehub.com/producti...?3.23.5180.220

I traced the problem back to the fact that Secure Download Manager relies on Internet Explorer which in my case has an outdated version of javascript for the download page.
I suspect that the script stops at .trim() which requires javascript 1.8 according to this page, but IE 8 only has version 1.5.

I tried updating to IE 11 but it requires some updates that I found very problematic to install.

Is there any way around this?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/383327-secure-download-manager-fails-run-javascript-ie-8-a.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi nbsp For about times in the goes into manager fails and and start boot Keep windows to s... last few weeks nbsp windows fails to start and goes into windows Keep fails to start and goes into windows boot manager and s... boot manager and status xc nbsp I have a TB HDD and i have cloned this to a SSD and have been using the SSD At first i noticed windows was doing a lot of repairs when it boots up and then i got the xc error I tried to use the HP recovery disks and these would not work I could not nbsp get any boot cd work I did go into the BIOS and change the boot order I could not boot into any recovery mode by pressing f when i tried the pc just went back to the same error window nbsp I then had to use the HDD to then clone to the SSD again and this worked until i got the same error again I then had the same issues and cloned from the SSD again nbsp It happened again but this time i could boot into HP recovery but it could not go any further becuase it says windows recovery is already running I tried this several times but no joy I then put in the HDD and got a blue screen of death So i have now had to do a fresh install but the system seems rather slow nbsp I am going to run some system checks on the hardware and see how that goes but any other help would be great nbsp Cheers

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Keep-fails-to-start-and-goes-into-windows-boot-manager-and/td-p/5813568
Relevancy 49.02%

Topic title explains it all, for some reason, explorer.exe fails to start even when I try to do it through task manager. An error just pops up saying, "explorer.exe - Unable To Locate Component 'This application has failed to start because (square symbol).dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.'"

This is all after I used windows update (this is a fairly old/backup computer, other good one is in for repairs). I was on the "Windows SP2" update, it kinda failed to do anything towards the end, and it canceled. Related?

A:Explorer.exe fails to start even through task manager

I've never known SP2 to cancel itself...no error message?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/232756/explorerexe-fails-to-start-even-through-task-manager/
Relevancy 49.02%

I try to install HP client security manager 8.3.18.2044 Rev.A, but during the installation it will first try to remove 8.3.17.2042 Rev.ADuring the removing of old version I got Error 1722 with Action UnregChrome.F3E0AACB...... and command regsvr32 /u /s npChromeDPAgemt.dllAfter this error it is doing a rollback, but it looks like that this isn't perfect, because now also the old software version is broken and during reboot it takes long time to find out that is no longer working at entering login data. I try it several times but everytime with the same result.How can I now uninstall HP client security manager 8.3.17.2042 Rev.A, so that I can install version 8.3.18.2044 Rev.A

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Uninstall-HP-client-security-manager-fails/td-p/5682036
Relevancy 49.02%

After installing the latest nvidia driver for the gtx580 I get the message,,,windows desktop manager had stopped working. It happens every boot. After searching the net...I reverted to an aero theme,,,same problem,,reinstalled the latest driver again, same problem, run sfc /scannow, no reported issues, but same problem. Checked under services and it is set for automatic setting. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

A:Windows desktop manager fails at EVERY boot

Can you System Restore to before you installed the driver?

Establish a Clean boot disabling the unneeded Nvidia bloatware and everything else in msconfig>Startup and >Services (after Hiding all MS Services) besides AV, any synch, stickies or Gadgets. The rest are freeloaders.

Work through the other Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/306759-windows-desktop-manager-fails-every-boot.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a Dell photo 926 printer which fails to launch the Memory Card Manager. I put the SDHC Card into the slot and nothing happens. I went to Activate Memory Card Manager and received the following error message:

Failed to locate supported file types or there are no photos on this device.

There are photos on the device as the device is my friends and she was able to view them on her laptop. Although she did say that when she tried to upload them only a picture came up.

I really need to upload the pictures as they are from our surprise 50th anniversary party. Please help.

A:Memory Card Manager Fails to launch

Thank you a lot i can belive you if you want to know more click here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-card-manager-fails-to-launch.865908/
Relevancy 48.59%

From what I have seen in related items I believe I need to leave a HiJack This log I ll do that in a moment Let me start with the chronolgical order of events since the issues began Loaded Kodak EasyShare for new camera The SD card seemed corrupted I had a very difficult time salvaging any pictures Since then when we log in we get a quot Windows - No Disk quot error at least six times Today when I arrived at home there were the following issues which didn t seem to resolve with standard measures Yahoo Toolbar appears to uninstall but comes back later I load the new quot Macromedia Flash Player quot but it never seems to work even thought is shows as being completely loaded I found out my wife kids loaded some old educational software onto the computer today Any ideas I m an intermediate with computers enough to help and other Windows - things.... Disk...among No understand what is going on not bright enough to figure it out on my own Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass Windows - No Disk...among other things.... exe C WINDOWS system Windows - No Disk...among other things.... svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Digital Media Reader shwiconem exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee HackerWatch HWAPI exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS zHotkey exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mclogsrv exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcupdmgr exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS ALCWZRD EXE C Program Files Support com bin tgcmd exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S I G EXE C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Picasa PicasaMediaDetector exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C Program Files Microsoft Money System reminder exe c program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Consumer Input Rewarded with MyPoints Consumer Input ConsumerInputRewardedwithMyPoints ConsumerInput exe C Program Files Consumer Input Rewarded with MyPoints Consumer Input ConsumerInputRewardedwithMyPoints ConsumerInputUa exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcods exe C Program Files BigFix BigFix exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcpromgr exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee redirsvc redirsvc exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice BIN C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mctskshd exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcusrmgr exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYS C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper WRSSSDK exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Documents and Settings Owner Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE G IFG N hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www gatewaybiz com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www gatewaybiz com O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - c PROGRA mcafee VIRUSS scriptsn dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - HKLM Run SunKistEM C Program Files... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-no-disk-among-other-things.510161/
Relevancy 48.16%

...It won't integrate with my latest version of Opera

I am a new Opera user (got bored of FF and IE) and I am trying to make a sense
-How can I move my passwords from FF to Opera?
-How can I make my FDM understand to Intergrate with Opera?

Thank you!!!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/203168/opera-intergrate-with-free-download-manager-fails/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I tryed to make a system back up but it keeps failing with error code x windows cant find a backup devise went into disk manager and found that my external hard drive that I had plugged in to make the backup on was present and working fine the strange thing was that i couldnt see my internal hard drive I did the command promt quot devmgr show nonpresent devices quot hard in my disk disk Cant manager find this enabled me to see the disk in devise maneger but windows was telling me that the disk was not connected to the system system restore wont work and like a fool i deleated my previous backup image to make room for the new one I also tryed startup repair and this failed to find any errors I should point out though that windows explorer shows my internal hard drive which is the drive my OS is running from but disk manager refuses to show it and i dont get a quot show hidden devices quot in the view tab either I also have XP installed on a different partition to run some old stuff i like to use and the disk manager in xp is also hiding my hard drive any ideas

A:Cant find my hard disk in disk manager

How much space do you have and have free on the back up partition?
Did it ever work?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/284577-cant-find-my-hard-disk-disk-manager.html
Relevancy 47.73%

My Local Disk shows the following:
ADSServer
ADSService
ADSClient
AluriaCacheFile

And My Network Places Shows:
PowerBills on www.weatherization.org

While I was doing defrag virus scanner said two trojans and found and have been deleted they are:

W32/Trojan.MQN
DCS.EXE

and

W32/Trojan.MQN
A0001588.EXE

Please advise me on what to do with the stuff found on my local disk and my network place, if they are dangerous. Thanks in advance

A:Things found on Local Disk C:

Hi,

You may even have more infections than you found. Therefore, I recommend you follow Microbell's five step program and post a log in the HiJackThis area. Here is the link with instructions:

MicroBell?s 5 step process

http://www.techsupportforum.com/showthread.php?t=15968

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/things-found-on-local-disk-c-131864.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello all I m new to the forums and having a problem If anyone has anything helpful to suggest I would be most appreciative For several months now my home computer has been running on quot are things disk weird space 0 - low disk space quot It would cause things to slow down or web pages to not load properly We would free up space by removing 0 disk space - things are weird programs or files and 0 disk space - things are weird within a 0 disk space - things are weird matter of hours it would all be full again Eventually we got to the point of having disk space I have once again freed up space by deleting programs and files that we did not need and that space has gradually been eaten up by something Now we are at a point where if we are online lets say Facebook just for example we can look at messages we have write a new message but when you try to submit said message the computer doesn t even act like you ve clicked anything at all We can t send e-mails send messages delete emails or messages as a matter of fact as I write this I am unsure that I will be able to submit it I am also having trouble searching for things using quot search quot on my computer The window opens as a blank window When I try to open quot help amp support quot it doesn t even attempt to open it This computer is a Sony Vaio Our internet connection is DSL We are running Windows XP Home I have continuously run clean disk and deleted browsing history in IE IE by the way Please help I really don t know what to do about this and my husbands job relies on this computer working Let me know if you need any more info Thanks Kayla nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

About weeks ago my disk defragmenter quit working Shortly after I started having problems with IE documents Word the program menu in the start menu system restore McAfee now disk working and not things other defrag Security Center basically every program I use I did F and ran a hardware diagnostic and no problems with hardware I and most everyone I know or their computer literate friends thought I picked up malware I've been working with Pancake on the HiJackThis forum and he doesn't think I have malware to see the thread disk defrag not working and other things now http www techsupportforum com secu ml post I don't know what to do I need my computer to work and sometimes it doesn't even want to boot up and is slow I also ran a CHKDSK today and it didn t find any problems I have a Dell disk defrag not working and other things now refurbished Dimension E many of the programs loaded I ve never used I have dial-up and use a free ISP I'm using WinXP media service pack GB RAM dial-up NTFS files and am in the US Also my desktop icons disappear and my favorite icons keep changing I'm not sure what other information you need or if this is the right place to post I was wondering if anyone can help me fix whatever is causing all these problems I d be most grateful

A:disk defrag not working and other things now

The problem has been fixed. It seems it was malware afterall. Although, I'm still having problems with some files and would appreciate any help fixing them.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/disk-defrag-not-working-and-other-things-now-194799.html
Relevancy 47.3%

HIJACK THIS FILE Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes c Program Files x Hewlett-Packard TouchSmart Media Kernel CLML CLMLSvc exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files AVG not with install Manager access fails no and Task message denied opening x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp clipbook exe C Windows SysWOW notepad exe C Windows SysWOW notepad exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C PROGRA Java jre bin jp launcher exe C Program Files x Java jre bin java exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com HPNOT R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http g msn com HPNOT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com HPNOT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main AVG install fails and Task Manager not opening with no access denied message Search Page http go microsoft com AVG install fails and Task Manager not opening with no access denied message fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http g msn com HPNOT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - EA- A- b-ADF - D E CC - no file F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO StumbleUpon Launcher - B F -A B- b -BBAC- EBEBBB - C Program Files x AVG install fails and Task Manager not opening with no access denied message StumbleUpon StumbleUponIEBar dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgssie dll file missing O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files x Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dll O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MICROS Office URLREDIR DLL O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO HP Smart BHO Class - FFFFFFFF-CF E- F B-BDC - E E A - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp BHO dll O - Toolbar StumbleUpon Toolbar - EB C- E - AB- -B BA BDC - C Program Files x StumbleUpon StumbleUponIEBar dll O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User NETWORK SERVICE O - DEFAULT User Startup Best Buy Software Installer lnk C Program Files Best Buy Software Installer Best Buy Software Installer exe User Default user O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra context ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/avg-install-fails-and-task-manager-not-opening-with-no-access-denied-message.986185/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have Windows XP with Service pack My C drive was very full I tried to run the Disk Defragmenter but it told me I didn t have enough free space So I ran disk cleanup never having used it before and after it ran it s initial thing telling me how much space I could free up I told it to compress old files I think I had other things checked too but don t remember what they were It said it was compressing old files but it was taking forever so I stopped it because I had to look something up on the computer and leave When I stopped it I discovered I couldn t find Internet Explorer The quick launch button was gone the shortcut was gone from the desktop and it was no longer listed on the start menu under all programs I was able to search for it and find it somewhere and open it and eventually create a short cut on Cleanup Solved: Made Things Disappear Disk the desktop I did a search on the internet to see if other people had this problem and I found someone else had the same thing happen and also had the calculator and free cell disappear So I checked and my calculator is also missing from Solved: Disk Cleanup Made Things Disappear accesssories And all my games are gone except for the links to the yahoo ones so no free cell solitaire spider solitaire pinball etc - they are all missing from the games list There may be other things missing too but those are the ones I ve discovered so far Don t know what to do Is there a way to fix this or should I try system restore I ve never used that before and don t know how to do it Any help greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi I need to create a batch file that install a rd party camera driver for PCI device When I install the driver in device through device manager I can do it successfully However when I try to the same I get the message 'devcon failed' with no further elaboration I provided following commands but none of them works devcon install quot C Program Files x Molecular Imaging MI Application Drivers pixci win x epixxcw inf quot nbsp quot PCI VEN A amp DEV EB amp CC FF quot or after installing through device manager devcon update quot C Program Files x Molecular Imaging MI is manager devcon even though installation through fails device install/update/remove successful Application Drivers pixci win x epixxcw inf quot nbsp quot PCI VEN A amp DEV EB amp CC devcon install/update/remove fails even though installation through device manager is successful FF quot or devcon remove nbsp quot PCI VEN A amp DEV EB amp CC FF quot However 'devcon find quot PCI VEN A amp DEV EB amp CC FF quot ' runs fine and return the message that 'one matching device found' Similarly nbsp 'devcon dp add quot C Program Files x MolecularImaging MI Application Drivers pixci win x epixxcw inf quot ' runs fine and the message I get in return is c windows system inf oem inf addd After that I also tried install update with nbsp 'c windows system inf oem inf' driver but it still fails nbsp Is there any way I could see the elaborated message about failure or I could know whats wrong with my execution of devcon Thanks Divya

A:devcon install/update/remove fails even though installation through device manager is successful

Hi,
I am afraid there seems to be no such function available for DevCon.exe to display the error messages here. In fact, The parameters in a DevCon command must appear in the order shown in the syntax. If parameters are not in order, DevCon ignores them, but
does not display a syntax error. Instead, it processes the command with the remaining parameters.

We can use the following commands  in a Command Prompt window:
DevCon help or DevCon help command.
To get the helpful information regarding the command syntax.
More information, please see:
Device Console (DevCon.exe) Commands
Best regards

Michael Shao
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2b0ac7ff-54d4-454a-a3d5-5fcf10aa6a10/devcon-installupdateremove-fails-even-though-installation-through-device-manager-is-successful?forum=w7itproappcompat
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi,

On Windows 8. 1, I had no issues with this speaker. It's a JBL Charge. After upgrading to 10 it worked fine until a reboot when it failed to connect (it pairs, but won't connect, and the speaker doesn't appear as an audio-out option in Sound settings).

The Bluetooth wizard in PC Settings says "Driver error" next to the speaker icon.

Poking around in device manager, I see this error:

"This device cannot start. (Code 10)
{Conflicting Address Range}
The specified address range conflicts with the address space."

The only references I find to this error online are for different (and quite old) version of windows, and seem unrelated to Bluetooth.

I can't even look at the "resources" tab for help because it appears to have vanished in Windows 10!

Is anyone else experiencing this?

A:Bluetooth speaker driver install fails, device manager error code 10

Did you find a solution? I'm having same problem.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/10186-bluetooth-speaker-driver-install-fails-device-manager-error-code-10-a.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi!

After using my computer in the current configuration for two years now I suddenly get the following error message and the comp. will not boot : Primary master disk fails. It happened after a crash of my TNT 2 driver related to OpenGL while starting medal of honour.

Hardware: Maxtor 30Gb DiamondMax.
MB Asus P3v4x: via 4-1 version 4.27
CPU PIII 800 EB
Win XP pro
VGA: Viper 770 TNT 2.

I have tried all i could think of:

HDD scan with CHKDSK and MAXTOR tool: no errors found.
Virusscan (bootsector): no virus.
Full format and repartitioning (was needed anyway).
Rewrite bootsector: FDISK /mbr
Reflash BIOS to 1005.
Cabling and jumpers are fine!
Still the same message!!

The odd thing is that my drive will work properly on another comp. and another HDD works ok on my computer!!!

How can there be a conflict while the same configuration worked for 2 years now??

Can anyone help me?

Regards Tom from Amsterdam.

A:Primary Master disk Fails!!

If it works on another machine, it could be a problem with your motherboard, try swapping ide 0 and ide 1 and see if the disk works on the other channel, if it does its your motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/primary-master-disk-fails.79415/
Relevancy 46.44%

Earlier this year I purchased a Gateway FX P fx and have had no issues other than one minor thing the DVD drive Optiarc DVD RS AD A ATA Device doesn t always work properly sometimes I have to reboot my comp to disk drive recognize fails DVD to RW get it to recognize a new disk I never have any problems if I insert the disk then reboot But if I try to DVD RW drive fails to recognize disk put another disk in My Compute will lock up and stop responding Sometimes disabling the device then enabling it will solve the problem but not always In most cases I have to reboot entirely at first this was just a minor annoyance but now it has grown to be a pain as I play more and more games and reboot on a multi disk game resets the installer Kind of a major pain I have talked with gateway tech support and they seem to know something I dont as they use remote access of some kind to take control of my comp and solve the problem but what they do is only temporary but at least they know how to do it with out rebooting and they wont tell me what they do I ve ask many times but I do know they have me open device manager before they start so Im guessing it has something to do with that I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drive and this doesn t help As far as drivers go I dont even know where to begin to look but device manager cant find any updates on its own so I would assume I m doing ok in that department Any help you good people can give me would be greatly appreciated Thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-rw-drive-fails-to-recognize-disk.747825/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi I have HD s on my computer primary master amp primary slave Master is Maxtor Primary Hard fails disk amp slave is a Samsung HD it has been working fine for over a year now days back while booting I got the message quot primary hard drive fails quot I checked the BIOS settings amp found that it had lost the settings for my master HD I rebooted again and it booted fine amp the master HD settings in BIOS came back I thought Primary Hard disk fails that probably my CMOS battery was dying so I replaced it The same symptoms have come back after that The system keeps loosing the primary HD settings in the BIOS it has never lost the settings on the slave drive ever sometimes it will recognize the master drive but still fail to boot giving a error quot boot disk failure quot if I turn it off for a while and power it back up the system will boot up properly sometimes amp at other times it refuses to boot I am not sure where the problem is since it has been working for yrs now Is my HD failing it is only yr old But since it boots up sometimes I tend Primary Hard disk fails to think otherwise Something wrong in the MB Any suggestions are welcome Thanks Bhidu nbsp

A:Primary Hard disk fails

Make sure that Hard drive connections (cable and power) are tight. You can download a hard drive diagnostic program from the Maxtor web site and run it, although an intermittent problem might not show up. It sounds like your hard drive is failing and you should make sure that you have backed up all important data before it goes completely.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/primary-hard-disk-fails.265873/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello I have sent already a message to maxtor but I get not the right answers Does primary master fails disk somebody know what the message quot Primary master disk fails quot means This message comes after the BIOS check If I connect primary master disk fails the disc on the Secondary IDE I get the message quot Secondary master disk fails quot I this situation I can achieve the disc Put files on it But I want to use this disk as bootable disk I think it has something to do with MBR or the partition table but what And is it possible to repair Does have anybody experience with this Repair the MBR or repair partition table or install new firmware on the disk I have already done a lot of things like Format by installing XP as well the files are copied to disk Change cable Put the disk in another computer Low level Format tool from maxtor What I want to know is simple is this disk lost can drop it in the garbage collector or does somebody know a tool with which I can repair the disk With regards Nico nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

I keep getting this error: Command [0x0000040002003000000000002400026000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000024000260] on physical disk 1 failed. Sense key=0x%4, ASC=0x%5, ASCQ=0x%6 when doing Macrim backups to a 3Tb disk.

This is the second 3Tb disk the error happens on. I ran WD diagnostics and chkdsk on the first disk and WD couldn't figure it out so I RMA'd it. Now this is the second disk and it's happening again. On both disks, the first backup always ran to completion with no errors. Anything else crashed with the 'command' error (also happened when I would copy a folder to the disk after the first backup).

I could see maybe a problem with a disk, but two in a row? And always after a first backup? Even after a first copy?

Let me say that Macrim (and Windows 10) backup works fine on a 2Tb disk.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/57071-command-fails-physical-disk.html
Relevancy 46.44%

hi everyone i went to have a look at my disks in the management console but it will not open has anyone any ideas please?? or had the same bother??

A:disk management fails to open

Make sure the "Virtual Disk" service is running and set its startup type to automatic or manual.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/117174-disk-management-fails-open.html