Windows Support Forum

Trouble connecting to internet (Windows 8)

Q: Trouble connecting to internet (Windows 8)

Hey guys, I was recently in the malware section, because my laptop had some problems and could not connect to the internet. Broni was very awesome and helped me clear my laptop up, but we still couldn't get it to connect to the internet. He advised me to come here for help.

I will link the previous thread, because there are some log files toward the end I think would be much more helpful than me explaining problems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/infected-laptop.206911/page-2#post-1444892

Thank you so much for any help.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Trouble connecting to internet (Windows 8)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Trouble connecting to internet (Windows 8)

Can you try to re-install the WiFi driver?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-connecting-to-internet-windows-8.207500/
Relevancy 9.89%

I have recently somehow disabled my windows key. I have tried going to Microsoft and doing the "Fix it" thing for the registry and it does not work. I have tried this numerous times. Could it possibly be the keyboard I'm using? It use to work however with the same keyboard. I use Avast Anti-Virus, Malwarebytes and iObit system care as my general cleaners. Not sure if any of those have a default setting to disable the button. Thoughts / Suggestions please?!?!

A:How did my Windows key become disabled?

Do you mean Windows is asking you to activate again? What version of Windows are you running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-did-my-windows-key-become-disabled.192522/
Relevancy 9.46%

Power outage due to storm. Came back on without pictures and documents. It's an HP desktop. Would a file recovery program work? I've tried some of the instructions online, but they don't work.

A:Lost pictures on Windows 7 from power outage

Oh mary; I feel your pain. Were the pics within one folder and now they're ALL missing?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-pictures-on-windows-7-from-power-outage.217351/
Relevancy 15.05%

I have a HP Pavilion laptop that was able to connect via wifi, or ethernet, just fine until I recently upgraded it to Windows 10. The problem did not start right away, but could be associated with my security software (bitdefender). The laptop does recognize the router, but when I look into the settings I see that there is no connectivity in the IPv4 or IPv6.

Please let me know if additional info is needed to further diagnose this problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-internet-connection-on-laptop.217570/
Relevancy 9.46%

I sometimes wonder about techs using tools such as Seatools, HDD regenerator etc to diagnose/repair hard drives. Do any of these tools beat Chkdsk in any way?
(besides data recovery tools, I guess those have no match in Windows).

Thank you

A:Do you need more than Windows default tools to check/repair a hard drive?

IMO, always use the tool provided by the vender. At the time you need this tool, you don't need a 3rd party screw-up to 'help you' really mess it up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/do-you-need-more-than-windows-default-tools-to-check-repair-a-hard-drive.217548/
Relevancy 9.89%

I have a Soundblaster Z on my PC that was working fine until I upgraded to Windows 10 today. Now the sound still works but sounds like there is hardly any treble at all. It sounds like singers in songs are singing in a tunnel or something. You can't hardly make out what the vocalist is saying over top of the background music.

Can someone please help me fix this!?!?!?!?!

A:Windows 10 messed up my Soundblaster Z

Not yet maybe. According to Creative's website, drivers for Soundblaster Z will be available in August 2015. It doesn't say exactly when though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-10-messed-up-my-soundblaster-z.217435/
Relevancy 9.46%

Following yesterday's worldwide launch of Windows 10, all three major GPU vendors have released new graphics drivers that support Microsoft's new operating system. If you're upgrading to Windows 10, make sure you download and install these drivers soon after launch. ...

Read more

A:AMD, Nvidia and Intel release new GPU drivers for Windows 10

Is AMD planning to release Windows 10 drivers for RadeonHD234k cards too? Are those machines stuck with Windows 7?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-nvidia-and-intel-release-new-gpu-drivers-for-windows-10.217386/
Relevancy 14.62%

I've been having this problem for only the last week or so where my internet will stop working until I restart my computer, even though it says I am connected and internet is available.

The problem is not with my modem or my router. The internet works fine on every other computer.
I've run multiple antivirus scans on multiple programs. Clean.
Drivers are up to date.

Sometimes it disconnects after five minutes, sometimes forty, sometimes hours.
I'm at a loss. Any ideas?

A:Internet disconnects and won't reconnect until restart

What is this computers make and model? How does it connect to the Internet?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-disconnects-and-wont-reconnect-until-restart.200385/
Relevancy 14.62%

When I try and access the internet through any of the main browsers (I.e. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari) they tell me along the lines of 'unable to access the network' and 'this page can't be displayed' after taking a while attempting to load. I also cannot access it through any of my Windows 8 apps. I know it's not an issue with the home broadband itself and is something to do with my laptop as it is running fine both wirelessly and through using an Ethernet cable on all other devices. I would really appreciate some help with trying to fix this asap as I have spent a lot of time researching this issue and trying most things to resolve it without success, I also need to use the internet for loads of coursework over the summer hols and cannot afford to be taking it to a pricey IT technician. Please helppp

A:My laptop cannot connect to the internet, even though wireless and ethernet are working

Take a look at the file
\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts​there MUST be at least a line reading 127.0.0.1 LOCALHOST
but the question is there anything other than comments in it?
If so, leave the comments and the localhost line and delete everything else.

If you modify the hosts file, then you also need to

ipconfig /flushdns
net stop "dns client"
net start "dns client"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-cannot-connect-to-the-internet-even-though-wireless-and-ethernet-are-working.195158/
Relevancy 24.08%

I recently used a program Autoruns,, and deleted some startup things I shouldn't have.. Since then I cant connect to internet, the troubleshooter for wireless adapter says the Windows wireless service is not running on this computer (WLAN Autoconfig service) and fails to start the service.
I notice on windows task manager there are only about 13 Processes running and there are usually about 20, and on Services there are about 40 running and about 100 or more stopped services. Thanks for the help

Also on startup now I have a pop up on bottom saying, Failed to connect to a windows service. Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents standard users from logging on to the system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond. And the startup and logon time is really long now

A:Windows 7 can't connect to internet through Wifi or ethernet cable

Sounds like you deleted the network drivers, I did this once and ill be honest unless someone here knows a trick, or you have a CD with drivers you are going to have to have a hell of a time unless you know the name of the hardware and download the right driver, thats my guess. best of luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-cant-connect-to-internet-through-wifi-or-ethernet-cable.200026/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hello friends first time long time And essentially I have a dreaded problem with my quot smart TV quot I have one of the Samsung Led Tv to TV not internet router LED connects but s but an older model like a series or The T V has been working fine for the year and a half I ve had it The software updated itself multiple times and nothing ever happened However last night I had to move furniture around and left my modem and my wireless router disconnected for a good or hrs This action apparently LED TV connects to router but not internet reset my wireless router I reset the network and essentially created a new one I connected an XBOXONE laptops tablet and phones and a wireless printer to the network and they all work fine But for some reason the LED does not want to connect to the internet At first it was the apps that didn t connect and essentially the entire machine could not do anything related to the internet So I went online and tried all kinds of tricks which included doing a factory reset but that didn t work Also I tried to manually plug those google DNS numbers of and and no cigar I tried a few cycles where I unplugged the T V and the router and modem for a few minutes and nothing I called my ISP Time Warner Cable who said the problem was with Samsung I contacted Samsung and got no response I contacted the manufacturer of the wireless router Medialink who told me to change the encryption and the WPS settings I played around with the WPA AND WPA and the WPA AND WPA AND THE AES AND THE TKIP AND BOTH AT THE SAME TIME And absolutely nothing works the crooked thing still wont connect to the internet I have read somewhere that for people with comcast routers they needed to get rid of parental settings but my router doesn t have that I tried to disable WPS and that made it worse So I put everything back the way it was I don t know if the issue has anything to do with static vs Dynamic Ips or what I wonder if anyone can give me another tip I may have skipped over Could it be the internal network adapter is damaged all of a sudden and from pure coincidence independent of the reset Is there a way to set all of these things manually I have attached pictures of the whole process so you can see what I mean I can t figure out how to link so http postimg org gallery c tjth i aa nbsp

A:LED TV connects to router but not internet

That's a great set of pictures to illustrate the issue. As yet I've not bought a smart TV and your post has made me less likely to buy one. In your situation I'd try another factory reset for the TV and then set it up with a cable connection to the router. Assuming that goes well revisit wi-fi concentrating on the router settings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/led-tv-connects-to-router-but-not-internet.209188/
Relevancy 14.62%

hi there my wireless through cable work will not My only ethernet internet internet was My internet will only work through ethernet cable not wireless running fine until yesterday when I tried to connect to the internet the message quot windows can t communicate with the device or resource primary dns server quot came up I followed all methods on this website http answers microsoft com en-us w -b d ec fae but none of them worked for me I then returned my laptop to factory settings in the hope it will work but that didnt not work I then realised it works through the ethernet cable but not wireless I ran ipconfig all with my ethernet cable in and this is the result SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME THANKYOU Windows IP Configuration Host Name Nida-TOSH Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL CE Wireless LAN n PC I-E NIC Physical Address D -DF- A-EB- -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d fccc e c eb Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained October Lease Expires October Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -EB- A- A-B - -F -D - -E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address B - -F -D - -EF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap EEB-B - C-AC - CEB F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fb affc eb Pre erred Link-local IPv Address fe affc eb Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap DF D AB- BF- FA - CB -DFA C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:My internet will only work through ethernet cable not wireless

There may be an issue on the ISP side or router side since restoring to defaults didnt help. Or it could be an issue with the network adapter. Or it could be an issue with the firewall.

Try downloading running these tools (download via ethernet, run on wireless): Network Fix-It Tool (right click on the internet bars on the task bar in the bottom right hand side of the screen, and click "troubleshoot network...") and Firewall Fix-It Tool.

Did you install anything on your PC before this happened? Did Windows install any updates?

Try disabling your AntiVirus. That may be the issue. I doubt it though.

Tell me if any of these solutions help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-internet-will-only-work-through-ethernet-cable-not-wireless.197067/
Relevancy 9.46%

The second quarter of 2015 saw the sharpest decline in global PC shipments in close to two years and once again serves as a reminder that last year's brief resurgence was little more than a fluke.

Read more

A:PC shipments continue freefall ahead of Windows 10's arrival

Nobody needs to upgrade every three years now. You can easily hold your hardware for up to 10 years if you really want to.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-shipments-continue-freefall-ahead-of-windows-10s-arrival.216415/
Relevancy 14.19%

Hi guys I ve been researching and trying to days to get this to work with no avail so I decided to post here for some help as doesn't Ethernet connected Wifi work cable. using working when only Internet I see this community is really active We ve got different laptops here and none of them can connect to the wifi anymore it suddenly stopped working for the last whole week We can connect to the internet through ethernet cables though We only use one at a time if ethernet then wireless is disabled and vice versa Here is a copy of the ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name PeterMai-HP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Internet only working when connected using Ethernet cable. Wifi doesn't work Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List moolahd local Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix moolahd local Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address AC- - D- B-ED-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ac a d b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday October PM Lease Expires Tuesday October PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FB- -AC- - D- B-ED-F DNS Servers Primary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom GN b g n x Wi-Fi Ada pter Physical Address -ED-B - D- -FD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f e e b fc f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FB- -AC- - D- B-ED-F DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap optusnet com au Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap moolahd local Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface CE FC E - F - C C- D - D EBEC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DDFAF D- B- -AA A-DBE BA F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface E ED - - A -BB -FB FA F F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes And here is a copy of the route print Interface List ac d b ed f Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller ed b d fd Broadcom GN b g n x Wi-Fi Adapter Software Loopback Interface e Microsoft to Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric O... Read more

A:Internet only working when connected using Ethernet cable. Wifi doesn't work

You have an IP on your LAN, but none on your wifi. Check your router to make sure DHCP for wifi is turned on and you have enough available addresses.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-only-working-when-connected-using-ethernet-cable-wifi-doesnt-work.197081/
Relevancy 9.89%

I can not find any DirectX compatible graphics when I try to play the Sims 2 for the Windows XP. Please Help Me! But I do not have any internet though.

A:Sims 2 on Windows XP

Try this page for help and then let us know what the outcome is.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri?gameName=the-sims-2&itemId=10222&p=r

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sims-2-on-windows-xp.216418/
Relevancy 9.89%

I have previously on a different PC recorded the stereo mix in Audacity, whilst playing a CD and would get the full frequency range of the CD. On my current PC I now get a 20khz cut off, despite changing the settings (the sample rate and bit despth) on the playback and recording devices in Windows and also in Audacity. Does anyone know why this would be, and if there is any way of correcting it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-windows-20khz-cut-off.216409/
Relevancy 9.46%

Okay so for the past several hours I ve gone through the throes of attempting to get my Asus laptop s built-in webcam to work I took a on laptop cannot Windows 7 webcam the built-in Asus detect my look at Device Manager and had found two items titled quot Base System Device quot or something to that effect I don t quite remember and I thought that one of them would be the webcam Well after searching for the mystery items Hardware ID on Google I had Windows 7 cannot detect the built-in webcam on my Asus laptop discovered that these devices were in fact not the webcam Then I had used the quot Add a Device quot option under Devices and Printers in the Control Panel to try and find the webcam After letting it churn for ten minutes it appeared that Windows wasn t even searching anymore and I was staring at a blank window for nothing The only clue I have about the situation is after running DriverEasy it listed quot USB M UVC WebCam quot as a needed update but it also said quot unplugged quot beside the selection and was highlighted in red After attempting to download and install the driver the program had given me some Packard-Bell webcam driver that is most definitely not correct Packard-Bell still exists This had all started however when I made a clean install of Windows I had just spent the last two days scouring the web digging up my lost drivers and programs that had come with the laptop Everything s been successful save for this one element My webcam is lost somewhere in my laptop I just can t get to it If anyone has any ideas as to what s happened and yes I know it s a possibility the wiring is shot and how to fix the issue please give me any tips that you can I ve done everything possible in my power including trying to find the drivers but you obviously can t install drivers for devices that Windows doesn t even detect Oh before I forget my laptop model is Asus x v B if that helps in any way nbsp

A:Windows 7 cannot detect the built-in webcam on my Asus laptop

Was this laptop purchased with Windows 7 as the OS that was installed on it ? Or did it come with Windows Vista and you just wiped it out and put Windows 7 on yourself??

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-cannot-detect-the-built-in-webcam-on-my-asus-laptop.155636/
Relevancy 9.46%

Hi all,
I am new to this forum..
To start, I had just bought an ASUS computer.. wanting to play games like borderlands 1, left for dead 2 etc. But, when I was very trilled waiting to start the games, both of them had blacked screen and forced shutdown my computer every time after the game has been launched!
I had done many researches in the net, changing the registry values in directx11, reinstalling the NVIDIA drivers (halfway black screen upon reinstalling), changing the compatibility to Windows 7, adding missing physxcudart_20 to the games...None of them works..T-T
Any help is greatly appreciated!

A:Unable to install Nvidia driver and also to play games on Windows 8.1

I'd recommend to do the following:

Perform a clean install of Windows

Re-install Nvidia drivers
Download CPU-Z and GPU-Z (or any CPU and GPU monitoring software)
Monitor both while attempting to play games - check for temperature spikes.
Doing the above will help you rule out a lot of potential issues that are causing your problems. The clean windows install will get rid of any OS related issues. You never want to touch the windows registry unless you really have to, especially if you're not very well versed in the way it works. It can cause way more harm than good. With that said, the system crashes were probably due to a bad driver instillation and was causing a BSOD - most modern systems are set to restart / shutdown when this happens. You'll never know it happened unless you changed the configuration to stop the automatic shutdown. It could also be temperature related, if your CPU or GPU overheats, it'll typically trigger a system crash as well and result in the same BSOD sequence.

Let me know how it goes after you've tried what I've mentioned.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-install-nvidia-driver-and-also-to-play-games-on-windows-8-1.213781/
Relevancy 9.89%

I'm trying to connect my PC and my Asus Zenfone 2 with Bluetooth. When I use the "add a device" wizard on Windows 8.1, my mobile phone is detected, but when I try to add it I get: "Windows doesn't have a network profile for this device".

Also, when I try to detect my computer with my mobile phone, it´s not detected.

I'm using a Trust USB 2.0 dongle Bluetooth adapter (the little one you insert on the usb port) that came with a keyboard and mouse Bluetooth set that I used. Could that dongle be designed only for the bluetooth keyboard and mouse set?

A:I cannot connect my phone to my PC (Windows 8.1) with Bluetooth

The Bluetooth device seems fine as it already detected your keyboard and mouse. However, your phone seems not supported with the current Bluetooth device and you might need to take another look.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cannot-connect-my-phone-to-my-pc-windows-8-1-with-bluetooth.215646/
Relevancy 9.46%

Infinity displays are all the rage among notebook buyers these days. Dell's XPS 13 (2015) was an excellent example of what's possible when it launched earlier this year and now, they're bringing the gorgeous screen to its bigger brother. ...

Read more

A:Dell's revised XPS 15 includes gorgeous Infinity display, Windows 10

What's an Infinity screen?... Short answers please, I'm not interested enough to Google it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dells-revised-xps-15-includes-gorgeous-infinity-display-windows-10.213699/
Relevancy 9.46%

Much of the tech press regularly overlooks PCs for wearables, smart homes, and IoT-related topics but, in the real world and to many people, PCs still matter a lot. So, this week's news out of Redmond and Taipei (where the...

Read more

A:Windows 10, Skylake & Thunderbolt 3 bring the most compelling reasons to upgrade in a long while

Sorry.
No matter what others think about W10.
THIS is not a reason for an upgrade, if one has a choice.
Stay away from -remote host,-cloud centered OS.
Take your hardware and host your stuff by yourself.
Do not accept crippled OS (what unfortunaly OS X (since making iCloud a default location for files, belongs to).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-10-skylake-thunderbolt-3-bring-the-most-compelling-reasons-to-upgrade-in-a-long-while.213622/
Relevancy 9.46%

Hi

Thanks for any help in advance..

I own a WD MyBook 4TB hard drive, which I've used on Windows for the past 2 years. I got a macbook last week and hooked the drive into it, some error message came up so I figured it wouldn't work, however when I went to plug it back into my windows machine I got the "USB device not recognised" message, the laptop is windows 8. I then tried it on my fathers windows xp computer and it seemed to think it was a completely new hard drive..

I've done some googling on it but I just wanted to ask here incase I went formatting it by mistake or anything..any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

A:External USB hard drive not recognised on Windows after plugging it into a Mac

Sounds like you made some procedural error, allowing the Mac to alter the partition - - bad choice.

Using Windows tools, examine the partition on that drive - - should show up as
somelabel (dl): size HTFS
Healthy (other qualifiers)​
Try Control Panel ->Admin Tools->Computer Mgmt->Disk Mgmt

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-usb-hard-drive-not-recognised-on-windows-after-plugging-it-into-a-mac.200827/
Relevancy 9.89%

Hi I would appreciate if someone could help me please The problem I have has been going on since about the time I formatted my PC and reinstalled Windows Had issues with BSOD on install because of my graphics card seem to have been slighty dislogded See http www techspot com vb topic html Okey the problem is my mouse keeps freezing up after a while and after moving it or clicking a couple times it works again When this happens I get either a beep or the usb disconnect connect sound depending on which mouse is being used Current using Windows mouse issues freezing 7 Bluetooth Apple Magic Mouse connecting to a generic Windows 7 mouse freezing issues bluetooth dongle this makes a beep when Windows 7 mouse freezing issues it freezes The USB Wireless Logitech Dongle Logitech Mouse I had before this made disconnect connect sound The USB Wired Mouse before the Logitech also made disconnect connect sound I have tried to work around this using several methods but have had no luck Steps taken to try and rectify issue Changed mouse I am on my th mouse now I will not change for another again the mouse is not the problem Tried all the mouses on other computers where they all worked fine I have switched ports on numerous occasions all other device work with no problem keyboard touch screen monitor external hard drive s usb flash I have removed conflicting hardware and ensured only on mouse is plugged in also removed touchscreen cable from monitor I have gone to Device Manager and set USB Root Hub and Power Management tab and unchecked quot Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power quot on all devices I have removed drivers for all other mouse s used previously I have disabled C E as this uses some power saving methods I have check Event Viewer which only has networking errors which all forward to my network drive I have run System File Checker SFC sfc scannow I need to know whether Windows is the issue or whether its the usb ports Can anyone please help me as it is now really bothering me I can t even play Battlefield games Thanks nbsp

A:Windows 7 mouse freezing issues

This is a problem I have not seen before. Try using this guide to find any other mouse drivers that you may not have deleted.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/remove-old-drivers-after-upgrading-to-new-hardware/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-mouse-freezing-issues.164226/
Relevancy 9.46%

Ahead of tomorrow's launch of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Nvidia has released a new GeForce graphics card driver that's Game Ready for the open-world action RPG. The GeForce 352.86 drivers are also WHQL certified, meaning they are stable enough for everyday...

Read more

A:Nvidia releases new GeForce WHQL drivers for The Witcher 3, Windows 10

Mine were updated hours ago, you just can't beat GFE for this sort of thing (or for game display settings optimisation as far as I'm concerned, it works for me).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-releases-new-geforce-whql-drivers-for-the-witcher-3-windows-10.213202/
Relevancy 15.05%

My windows 7 laptop can connect to the internet, but unable to browse.

I can ping www.yahoo.com with zero loss
when I type ipconfig I am seeing my IP address

I have 4 other computers connected to the internet at home here no issues, it is just this one computer.

I have tried multiple browsers. I have tried both wired and wireless I even copied a chrome installer exe from a usb drive to the computer and ran it. When I double clicked the exe it WAS able to download the chrome software and install it, so I am definitely connected to the internet. But if I try and open a website, chrome says ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED.

I.E. and firefox as well, no connection.

Thank you for your help in advance!

A:Can connect but can't browse internet

Update, I am able to browse in safe mode with network... but unable to in normal mode.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-connect-but-cant-browse-internet.212468/
Relevancy 14.62%

Alright I ll make it short but informative I can t connect cable able internet Only via to ethernet to connect to the internet without an ethernet cable I have tried pressing the laptop s quot WiFi quot button but nothing has happened The light didn t even change I have tried Only able to connect to internet via ethernet cable rebooting and going into BIOS to see Only able to connect to internet via ethernet cable if there was on option there nothing I Only able to connect to internet via ethernet cable have tried going into Device Manager and under quot Network Cards quot I got options I believe I had options though now I have only first I tried to deactivate it and the reactivate it but that just made it not work at all and when I got home and got my connection back I tried to update the drivers which is when I noticed I only had because I was at school when all showed up so I didn t have connection to update them but it just said that they were all up to date I have tried using the windows recovering tool to go back before the problem occurred Though I did get an error the first time due to my AVG being up so it couldn t complete but after that I tried doing it again with AVG off but the situation didn t change and I know the problem isn t with the router as the problem occurs with different WiFi s In the beginning it would only say quot can t connect to the internet quot over and over again but now it won t even show the available WiFi networks in the area Any help is much appreciated nbsp

A:Only able to connect to internet via ethernet cable

Any suggestions at all? if you require more information in order to come up with a solution, just tell me what you need an ill try my best to figure it out

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/only-able-to-connect-to-internet-via-ethernet-cable.212310/
Relevancy 14.19%

So basically how the title is.

My internet would drop out/freeze. Router doesn't indicate any change in service. I plug my laptop into the modem, and have prime speeds.

Restart the router. Works for awhile.
Reinstalled the firmware manually on the router.
Set the Channel off of "Auto" and put on various options of 9, 10, 11 to avoid clashes with other networks.

Freezes. Now the router indicates there's no connection. Drag the cord out of modem and test. Prime speeds.

Okay, screw this - I went and bought a new router yesterday because, sure, that Belkin one was 2-3 years old. Set it up with same channel settings, etc.
Same.
Freaking.
Thing.

I have a laptop that runs a VPN (for work) that uses it, plus multiple iphones (3) and ipads (2) an AppleTV and a Samsung smart TV.

Like, help me please here.

A:Internet Drops Out, Consistent Speed with Modem, New Router - no solution

OK, but lets solve on thing at a time 1) ignore the VPN at work and let's get the home router stabilized.
The mobile devices are difficult to diagnose, so 2) stick with the PC for now.

Standard questions:

did you update the ethernet & wifi drivers on the PC?
have you looked to ensure your new router has the latest firmware?
*if* you have a DSL connection to the ISP, do you have the line filters on EVERY device connected to the phone line EXCEPT the line to the modem? *MUST HAVE*
Got to get these right first.

THEN, find the MTU that's right for you AT HOME and set that into the new router:

get a command prompt
ping -l 1500 -f 8.8.8.8
as long as you see Packet needs to be fragmented but DF set., reduce the 1500 by 8 and iterate with the new number
:: record the MTU that works for your ISP at home
The router conf page is accessible using your browser and HTTP://your_router_address/
You need the router password
set the new MTU. Also set a new router password and save the settngs.

The wired connection should be solid at this point.

The wifi should also be better, as long as you avoid other stations with the same channel.
I assume you've see the post re inSSIDER for wifi setup.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-drops-out-consistent-speed-with-modem-new-router-no-solution.212305/
Relevancy 9.46%

I have a Gateway NE56R and ever since I updated to windows 8.1 I cannot use the internet at home even though it says it is connected to WiFi, but it works at other places. Please help asap

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-ne56r-wifi-doesnt-work-at-home-after-windows-8-1-update.212135/
Relevancy 12.47%

I have on same HD-500GB win7 and win xp. I conect another HD-320GB in sata drive. Bios recognize both HD, win 7 too, but win xp recognize only HD-500GB. When I go to disk manager in win xp it's same problem I only see one HD-500GB. Please help me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-recognize-hd-but-windows-xp-cannot.211791/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hello So a description of the issue I ve had this about times now spread out over a couple of months The internet will just completely randomly without apparent trigger stop working completely When I check the router will still have an IP and the quot Internet quot light will still be flashing green indicating active internet connection on the front panel So far this has happened at completely random times - While playing a game LoL the internet just cut out and didn t come back for hours - I came back from a shower and the internet wasn t working anymore similar to other times - I was working on a school document not using any internet at the time Skype was running maybe Steam and it just cut out Et cetera The reason I don t think it s a disruption from the side of my ISP is that sometimes clicking quot Renew Lease quot in the router page seemed to fix it though sometimes it wouldn t work until I d refreshed it multiple times Also the internet light doesn t internet but connected, periodically cuts Router stays out go out on the router and Router stays connected, but internet cuts out periodically usually there isn t even any problem indicated in windows except from the internet just not working I e no yellow exclamation mark in the little internet icon Further information The router is a by this time quite old Netgear Wireless GR v and I have upgraded the firmware to the latest version Also my phone AND tablet will remain connected to the wireless network but without any usable internet connection I have double checked all the cables and connections everything seems to be in working order I live in an apartment building and we all share a big internet connection I have a cable coming in from a central modem so I don t have a specific connection that I can contact an ISP about which also means I have no modem to configure or help me Any advice would be greatly appreciated especially regarding whether or not it could be my router at fault and if a new one could fix it Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Router stays connected, but internet cuts out periodically

This isn't my area of expertise by a long shot but I have had these issues as well with my cable set-up. Sometimes I needed simply to restart my router. I have found at other times I would have to reset the box the cable company installed in our cellar by powering it off for 10 seconds and then on again. Once in awhile I will have to do this to my modem.

Our biggest issue was the splitter. It went bad and since it was outside the house and Comcast's equipment they replaced it for free which restored everything to working order.

I would say though that it is probably time to replace the router. I had a good Linksys G for years but then it would constantly drop connections. I replaced it with my current Netgear and it has served my entire household well.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/router-stays-connected-but-internet-cuts-out-periodically.204922/
Relevancy 14.19%

Hi there,

The laptop I have is an asus P550C, windows 7.

This laptop came pre-installed with Mcafee Antivirus protection for a limited amount of time. Wifi was working perfectly fine although there were occasions where the connection would disconnect by itself. After the free-trial ended, I did not want to buy the packaged they were advertising so I went to my Control Panel and uninstalled Mcafee. This was when the problem started to occur. The internet access icon had a red x and when I went to diagnose the problem, it said that I needed to connect via an ethernet cable. Since then, I have connected it with an ethernet and internet works and I have also installed AVG's free antivirus software.

I have tried to
type: ipconfig /flushdns
type: nbtstat -R
type: netsh int reset all
type: netsh int ip reset
type: netsh winsock reset

But I still cannot connect via wifi. Please help

A:Wifi has stopped working but still able to connect to internet via ethernet cable

C:\Users\jay>ipconfig/all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : jay-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 54-35-30-05-36-68
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : BC-EE-7B-28-57-D7
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::9dfa:dcc6:3d3b:ae86%11(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.20(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : March-27-15 4:14:52 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : March-28-15 4:14:52 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 247262843
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-1A-51-D7-D4-BC-EE-7B-28-57-D7

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter isatap.{A9DA0935-EE1F-4A59-8A97-DDA13A7DFFEA}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:9d38:90d7:2c47:1b6c:9c1d:d26b(Pref
erred)
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::2c47:1b6c:9c1d:d26b%14(Preferred)
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

C:\Users\jay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-has-stopped-working-but-still-able-to-connect-to-internet-via-ethernet-cable.210787/
Relevancy 14.19%

Dear Experts

My Windows 7 laptop connected to internet via my mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 by tethering portable Wi-Fi hotspot.

I am a technician field and I need to connect my laptop via USB port to an Ericsson MiniLink (telecom NE) node to do configuration.

https://mazrilhisham.wordpress.com/2004/01/01/traffic-node/#jp-carousel-241

Whenever I connect the USB cable from the laptop to Ericsson my internet gets dropped, while this didn?t happen to my coworker who is using the same laptop brand as mine.
By the way the Ericsson software that I installed on my laptop create the attached socket called : "Ericsson USBLAN adapter" on my computer's network and that would be used for the USB communication

http://imgur.com/IRNyoIv

Any advice what should I do to avoid this problem
Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop%E2%80%99s-internet-via-tethering-gets-dropped-when-connects-to-ericsson-minilink.210600/
Relevancy 9.46%

Hello I apologize in advance for my almost complete lack of computer knowledge That said my PC was built for me by one of the IT guys at work who has since moved on I can t scare him card Good with Windows 7? graphics compatible up from his last known email addy So I m sort of out there drifting on this stuff trying to find any help I can The PC is connected to the home theater system TV through HDMI About weeks ago and video from the internet stopped producing sound In addition the PC doesn t Good graphics card compatible with Windows 7? play audio dvds anymore And when I click on the samples in the library I can t play them either I m assuming without knowing the graphics card is shot I think it s about four years old I opened up the box pulled out the graphics card I didn t make a note of manufacturer model but my device manager says it s nvidia and the driver is up to date and cleaned it I plugged it back in still no sound I can play youtube videos or stream online content but none of it has sound Does it sound to you guys like I need a new graphics card If so I need a recommendation for a better than average one that is compatible with windows professional something in the range or so Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Good graphics card compatible with Windows 7?

Open up nVidia Control Panel.
Under Display select "Set up Digital Audio".
Verify settings to make sure they are correctly set up to send audio.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-graphics-card-compatible-with-windows-7.210597/
Relevancy 9.46%

A while ago, after accidentally opening the Store app, Windows forced me to restart to install Windows 8.1, which I was unable to weeks before because of driver issues. I didn't need Windows 8.1 yet, so I didn't download it before then.

However, during the installation, it failed (again) due to either my antivirus or the aforementioned driver issues. Upon logging back in, my computer was unable to find any WiFi networks. Seeing as I live in the middle of a densely populated city, this isn't possible. Plugging in an ethernet cord still works, so no issues with that adapter or my home internet. I checked all the drivers for my WiFi adapter, and my Ethernet adapter, and both are up to date and display as working properly. Restarting several times didn't seem to fix this issue, and using system restore didn't seem to work either. I used the Troubleshooting tool, and that didn't give my any helpful advice or answers, so I got nothing.

What can I do to fix this issue?

For reference, I have a Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter, Driver Version 6.30.95.14, and a Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller, Driver Version 2.1.0.7.

A:Unable to connect to WiFi after failed Windows 8.1 update

Never mind, it seems to have resolved itself overnight after I put it to sleep for several hours.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-wifi-after-failed-windows-8-1-update.210268/
Relevancy 9.46%

Hello all!

I wonder if anyone could help me shed some light on the best process for the above subject.

I currently have a Dell Studio XPS 435MT (Vista 64bit) running two HDD's in RAID 0 (as from factory) I need to install Windows 7 64bit and would like to also install it onto the new SSD I have bought (Crucial 128GB) as an upgrade.

Could I simply take the current HDD's out (after backing up essential data) to keep safe as backup plan and add the SSD into slot 0 and install Windows 7?? Then possibly add say a 1tb storage drive to the system later?

One solution someone has sent my way is to clone the two 500gb RAID 0 drives to a single 1tb drive then install Windows 7 onto the new SSD and have both drives on a multiboot? Could this work?

I have seen/heard many versions of how to go about this install but no real evidence of a true way?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Poke13

A:Dell Studio XPS 435MT - Installing SSD and Windows 7 64bit

It takes 3-500GB drives to give you 1.3TB of storage space because of formatting over-head. 2-500GB drives will be considerably less than 1TB. Keep the 2-500's in a single RAID array and set the SSD as a separate partition for Windows 7

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-studio-xps-435mt-installing-ssd-and-windows-7-64bit.199415/
Relevancy 9.89%

Is there a way to connect a displayport monitor to an IBM style PC? Found a new monitor in my brother-in-law estate and was wonder if there is a way to use it. Thanks for any help

A:How can I run a displayPort monitor on a PC using Windows 7

If the monitor and the video card in u'r computer have the same connections, and u have a power cable for it. It should work if it is new as u say. Try it and see. That should not cost anything.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-run-a-displayport-monitor-on-a-pc-using-windows-7.209543/
Relevancy 9.89%

Hi all I have a problem thats been ongoing for months and I just cant get it solved so im hoping you can help The problem is that whenever someone speaks in teamspeak ventrilo skype insertvoiphere my game volume drops to almost nil This volumes game Windows ducking is not a problem tied to any individual app as ive been through all the individual fixes to no avail such as volume control plugin disabled etc And the fact that every single voip program does it leads me to it being a windows option somewhere I have also gone into the sounds gt communication and have that set to do nothing It still happens It is not just with Windows ducking game volumes game either I tried different games and the sounds on every single one duck out when someone talks Also another note it also ducks out when I click to run any program on my pc via admin You know when the box pops up asking you if you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer where you click yes When the box pops up and it goes quot beep beep quot at that exact moment the game volume ducks out note - its only ducking game volumes too it doesnt duck out media player youtube vids or anything like this Please please if anyone can help me solve this issue it would be so appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Windows ducking game volumes

I'm assuming that you are on Windows 7? Go to the sound icon on the bottom-right of the desktop, right click and select playback devices. Right click on your default device (Either speakers or an integrated chip set normally) and select properties. Go to the advanced tab and make sure that the Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device box is un-ticked.. and make sure that the give exclusive mode applications prioirty is un-ticked, then report back to see if it has worked (Don't forgot to apply and OK the changes).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-ducking-game-volumes.192988/
Relevancy 38.7%

I dont know how long its been going on but within a internet provider switch from AT&T to TWC its still been doing this. Every time I reset the router name or password it lets me reconnect to the internet, but when I shut it down and boot it up later or after a couple hours it refuses to connect until I switch the router name or security password.

Its a toshiba running windows 7
The adapter is realtek or something like that which im pretty sure is the cause but nothing seems to fix this issue.
Thanks for any info on this.

A:Laptop Stops connecting to internet randomly

What is the Model number of the Toshiba laptop?
Does your laptop come with an Ethernet port (most do have one)? If so, try connecting directly to your router with an Ethernet Cable and see if the problem continues.
I highly doubt that its a problem with the Router (but it could be). I believe that you may have a problem with the wireless drivers installed. I would suggest:
1. Download the wireless drivers from the Toshiba website
2. Properly Uninstall the wireless drivers
3. Install wireless drivers from the download (step 1).
4. Wait and see if problem still persists. If so, let us know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-stops-connecting-to-internet-randomly.209164/
Relevancy 9.89%

Hi, a friend of mine has dropped off a Mac HD to recover some pictures for him. He supplied the HD and a ProBox HDF-SU2. This I would think to be plug and play but no matter what I do including swapping to known good USB sockets the ext dive is not being seen. Windows is not even offering to install a driver for the ProBox HDF-SU2. Any help gratefully received. TIA

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/probox-hdf-su2-ext-hd-enclosure-not-seen-by-windows-7.209068/
Relevancy 9.89%

Hi guys, I have set up a RAID 0 array using an XFX Revo64 controller card and the Netcell bios setup that cones with it. According to the Netcell bios the array is working but booting into 8.1 I cannot find the drive in explorer and device manager shows the Revo64 as "Generic Mass Storage Controller ".

I am very new to Raid this is the first array I have tried to setup. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Kind regards,
Jay

A:Windows 8.1 cannot find RAID array

Why not use the RAID card as more sata ports and then use windows to make your RAID array? I've never used a controller but im sure that it would work for that purpose.
just go on youtube and find a video on how to setup RAID in windows 8. I know its possible for windows 7 to im pretty sure 8.1 will have it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-8-1-cannot-find-raid-array.208501/
Relevancy 14.19%

My PC with windows 7 is the only computer with issues in the house. Ethernet works perfectly but wifi doesn't even when I don't have the ethernet hooked up. The wifi says it is connected but browsers, steam, and Itunes don't work. I have Bitdefender A/V and already tried uninstalling it, no change. I also uninstalled steam and Itunes with still no change. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for the wireless adapter. I tried looking and I don't recall downloading or installing anything around the time the problem started. Before I try replacing the adapter itself, I was hoping for help here since I saw a very similar problem in another thread.

A:Internet connects but doesnt work on wifi, ethernet works fine

Bump
If there is any more info I can give to help you help me, please let me know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connects-but-doesnt-work-on-wifi-ethernet-works-fine.199827/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hey ya so I'm having pretty much the same problem and I'm not finding anything you guys are talking about. Here's my problem. Like the rest of you I'm having troubles with recording the audio from my computer using the stereo-mix setting in audacity. This occurs only when my usb microphone is plugged in. I understand that it has something to do with changing the inputs or outputs or something I'm just having trouble understanding where those are on my computer. My setup is this. I'm running on a laptop that has windows technical preview. My microphone is directly plugged into my laptop via usb (obviously) and my headset plugged directly into the microphone. If someone could please tell me step by step where to go on the computer and what to do to fix this so that I can have my microphone plugged in and also record my computer that would be great. I know this is over 2 years old but I'm hoping someone sees this and is able to help.

A:Trouble recording audio

I am surprised no one has replied to this yet, but no worries, I will do my best to help solve your problem

So from the sounds of it, you are having troubles with Audacity noticing your Microphone to record audio. Now, I have never used this program before, but from the sounds of it the only thing you are missing is setting your headset/microphone to the default in windows.

Now, I have not used Windows Technical Preview either, but based on how window's has operated since Windows Vista I am going to say it's safe to assume I could point you in the right direction to the very least.

To start, in the bottom right hand corner (Near your time) you have icons. One of them should look like a speaker, right click it and select "Recording Devices" In here you should have the option to make your Microphone the Default device.

Another way to get to this option if it's no longer accessible the way I described is to go to Control Panel, if you have the option in the upper right hand corner of the screen that says "View by:" and change it to large or small icons. There should now be one just called "Sound" in there go to "Recording" at the top.

Now in this window, find out which one is your device, easiest way is to make sure the mic is not muted (a lot of headsets have a mute button on them) and just speak into the mic, you should see the bar fill with a bit of green when you're taking, this indicates it's picking up sound. Set the "Default" to the headset you are using and then close and reopen Audacity (most of the time if the program is open when you change the default, it wont pick up on it)

let me know if any of that worked, didn't work, or you have any trouble finding what I have mentioned.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-recording-audio.208161/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi guys, so my internet has been dropping a lot more recently (I have had this issue for about 4 months now). The odd thing that I cant figure out, is that it only happens on my desktop. Every other computer and phone can connect and doesnt drop wifi like the desktop does. Also, this happens when im wired through an ethernet cord. I have reinstalled network drivers, bought a wireless usb card, tried troubleshooting everything I can that I know how to do. Any other things I could try?

Thanks

A:Internet Drops Randomly

Specs for computer (make and model of computer that is having problems -or- make and model of the hardware)? Also, what wireless router (or modem) are you trying to connect to? What is your Operating System?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-drops-randomly.208315/
Relevancy 15.05%

My laptop (Asus G73J) is connected to my router, however, has limited access. All other wireless devices in the house are able to connected to the router with internet, including another laptop. I have also already contacted my internet provider and my router provider to no avail. I looked at many other threads to see if anyone else has had my problem and as of now everyone who has, was able to fix it in ways that have not worked for me.

I have already put "ipconfig" in my command prompt and found out that I do not have a Default Gateway, in other words this shows up "Default Gatway .....:". Additionally it says that the Tunnel adapters have "Media Disconnected". I have been working on this for about 3 weeks, Please Help.

A:I am connected to the router with no internet

I've had similar intractable problems from time to time where even after reading up and posting for assistance you still remain stuck. Although I don't know the answer things that I'd try are checking to see if there is a firewall and turning it off briefly for purposes of elimination. I'd check to see if there is an updated driver for the wireless card. Have you been into Control Panel, Network and Sharing Centre and tried to set up a new network? Any problems flagged up in Computer, System Properties, Device Manager?

You haven't mentioned whether this is a problem that has arisen after a period of normal operation or whether it has been present from day one. If it worked OK previously as a last resort there's the return to factory condition option but it's a pain and you'd lose everything on the laptop so I'd hold fire on that. Can it connect to the router successfully with an ethernet cable?

Anyway that's a few things to think about if you've not tried them all already.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-am-connected-to-the-router-with-no-internet.208139/
Relevancy 14.62%

I remember some time ago I found a option which made my computer connect itself to the internet but now I cant find it.Help?

A:Have to manually connect to the internet on startup

Make and Model of computer? What Operating System are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/have-to-manually-connect-to-the-internet-on-startup.207918/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hey guys weird problem here The TB internal drive in my PC started slowly dying in December and my brother got me an SSD additional and connecting when laggy hard drives PC sluggish for Christmas I installed it and it works amazing flawlessly and I love it When I attempted to make my old dying drive a secondary hard drive Windows PC laggy and sluggish when connecting additional hard drives recognized it fine despite the SATA connection broken off and I was able to salvage what I wanted from it The speed of the transfer was blazing and I was pretty happy but I noticed Windows getting insanely laggy and sluggish The mouse would stop moving every few inches and the keyboard would stop responding Instead of normal lag such as me typing this sentence nothing happening and then it appearing in full a few seconds later when the lag would catch up it would be a jumble of letters For example if I typed quot wow my computer is going slow right now quot it would come out quot wom mpui gin sright n quot That s a new type of lag for me as my PC has never had issues I assumed this was due to the death of the drive and Windows having problems recognizing it or reading it Sure enough when I disconnected it everything ran smoothly I have an iOmega TB external drive LDHD-UP - don t judge it was on sale that I m not too fond of but I use regularly for storage and backup I usually have it plugged into the back of my PC and this presents a whole other issue which I need another thread for but I ve dealt with it fine and it normally works all right However I found out it s USB compatible and my PC has outlets on the top so I wanted to keep it plugged into there But when I do that I experience that exact same type of lag as before when the internal hard drive was plugged in It s persistent and near-constant but it stops the second I turn off the hard drive I ve disabled antivirus I ve ran disckchecks I ve formatted none of it makes a difference Does anyone know what would be causing this with separate hard drives connected in completely different ways Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:PC laggy and sluggish when connecting additional hard drives

I don't know the answer but will comment about the issue of lag in typing. I have a wireless keyboard and mouse and I know when the batteries need replacing because the keyboard behaves exactly like yours and the mouse stops moving the cursor properly. Maybe your issue's connected with the power being drawn when you have the two drives connected. Don't rush out and upgrade your psu though. I only switch on my usb external hard drive for the occasions I need it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-laggy-and-sluggish-when-connecting-additional-hard-drives.207975/
Relevancy 9.46%

hi guys wish you all a great new year.

im facing a very annoying issue with my laptop, some keys are not working, the left **** and the windows key I just don't know whats happening.

can someone please help mw with that.

thanks in advance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-7537-shift-and-windows-key-not-working.207933/
Relevancy 9.46%

I have done everything I can think of. I have windows 7 64 bit. I have disabled/re-enabled sound cards, uninstalled/reinstalled drivers. I have checked all settings I possibly can think of. My head phones work GREAT and on startup I can hear the sound, but once in windows, no sounds through my speakers.

Any suggestions?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-hear-windows-startup-but-after-that-nothing-headphones-work-though.207890/
Relevancy 14.62%

Toshiba laptop. Internet at the bottom right says there is a connection available, but says the settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network. It has to be plugged in to the modem to access Internet. Speakers do not work. Ports do not work either. I had it in for repair and he thought it might be the motherboard, but he couldn't fix the other one and I got help with Broni on here and it works fine now. I am hoping someone on here can help me fix this one. It has no viruses; it's clean. Thanks!

A:Laptop cannot access the Internet unless it is hooked to the modem

Ok, the modem=>pc config working says networking is at least sane.

To get the modem=>router=>pc to work, the pc should not have ANY configuration data stored in the network adapter settings. Can you find and clear the network adapter for yourself?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-cannot-access-the-internet-unless-it-is-hooked-to-the-modem.207405/
Relevancy 32.68%

Ive got a 2 yr old laptop that my parents bought for me at walmart of all places. I basically just use it for facebook, facebook games, and email. havent had any real issue til now. at first, when it was plugged in it would start up and let me log into windows but would immediately shut down. later it started going through a disk check when I turned it on and would shut off before it was complete. if the power cord was connected it would have a big red x over the power cord logo on the bottom right. I was going to factory reset it but I cannot get that far before it shuts off. bettery is fine and power cord is good. had them both tested. PLEASE HELP!!! IM VERY POOR SND CANNOT TAKE IT TO A REPAIR SHOP!! tyvm

A:Hp laptop w/ windows 7 trouble

It won't stay on long enough to do anything so this doesn't look promising. Have you tried removing the battery and just using the power brick?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-laptop-w-windows-7-trouble.207751/
Relevancy 9.89%

I am trying to set up my Windows Xp computer as a VPN server I have taken the initial steps I get to the Accept Xp setup VPN hanging server Windows incoming connections screen and click okay The computer hangs for about a minute or so and then comes up with the following message Incoming connections depend on Routing and Remote access Windows Xp VPN server setup hanging service which was unable to start For more information check the system event log I presumed I had to go to control panel performance and maintenance Administrative Tools Event viewer I have already made sure that Routing and Remote access are enabled as well as Telephony I could not find Netbios in the services list and don t know where to Windows Xp VPN server setup hanging look for it Also when I try to start Routing and Remote access service manually I get the following message Windows could not start Routing and Remote access on local computer For more information review the System Event Log If this is a non-Microsoft service contact the service vendor and refer to the service specific error code- Can some one give me a step by step walk through of how to resolve this issue so I can connect to that computer from work over the internet nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-vpn-server-setup-hanging.207658/
Relevancy 9.46%

Hello guys,
This is my first thread here, and my english is not that good also, so excuse me for any mistakes
I have my Prestigio PC for a 5 years and there were no problems. But today when I started the PC, a error occured.
On starting screen(American Megatrends GUI) there was written: "Primary IDE Slave: Not Detected" and after a few seconds my screen went black and "reboot and select proper Boot device or insert boot media into selected boot device and press a key" message appeared.
So I thought that I will just need to put my Win 7 CD to the CD-ROM, but then I found out I lost it while we were moving.
My BIOS is also saying that Primary IDE Slave is not detected
Is there any way to solve this problem? Is there any way to boot Win from USB?
Thank you for answers

Have a nice day!

A:Primary IDE Slave Not Detected on Windows 7 Ultimate

Open up the computer, check that the cables are properly 'seated' (pushed in all the way) on the drive and on the motherboard. I know you said it has worked for several years, but for it not to boot with the Primary IDE Slave not connected the only way that makes sense for this to happen is if the optical drive is jumpered to Master and the hard drive itself to Slave. That is a bit unusual. You typically would have your hard drive as Master and the optical as Slave. It doesn't really matter, as evidenced by it working in the past, it just isn't a 'normal' setup.

If the cables are seated properly (power and data), your drive could have failed.. 5 years is a decent lifespan for a hard drive.

You can make a bootable USB for Windows 7, although you can't without a working computer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/primary-ide-slave-not-detected-on-windows-7-ultimate.207604/
Relevancy 14.62%

Is there any way of sharing hard drives/folder over the internet with the client side need to install anything.
I.e use add network location option in my computer
Or a client programme that is user friendly

The server side will need to run on my computer,
looked at FreeNas thats not an option,
Filezilla looks like it the best option server side of things but uses a client programe.

Im happy to run any programmes/OS's in a VM if that were needed.

Thanks in Advance

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sharing-hard-drive-over-internet-without-client-programes.207578/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hey please help my DELL is not connecting to wifi without an ethernet cable it is windows 7 I need help please

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/not-connecting-to-wi-fi.207549/
Relevancy 9.89%

This all started after I reset the router putting in new pass code I m using same name of the old SSID When you click to Windows SSID was to unable connect on the wireless network connection on the name of my SSID on connect it saying Getting information from SSID this sounds like Windows was unable to connect to SSID good thing that windows can see the router and talk to it Type in the network key same thing looks like windows can see the router and talk Windows was unable to connect to SSID to it I type in the network key and OK Than it is saying windows was unable to connect to SSID name I have set up other computers and it can connect but this one computer running windows cannot I have the pass code down on paper and other computers can connect So wrong pass code is not the case The only thing I can think of is is computers using the old profile or my network card may need to be reset When I open networking sharing center and click on manage wireless networks I removed the old profiles in the list But I m not sure if there is still some kind of conflict or the old setting still there some where Well because I m using the same SSID despite the router reset and new pass code I m not sure why I cannot connect unless Windows was unable to connect to SSID the windows thinks I m connecting to the old SSID I tried to restart the computer and no change nbsp

A:Windows was unable to connect to SSID

Force the system to forget that SSD and then reboot.
Now look for it again and enter the passphrase.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-was-unable-to-connect-to-ssid.207365/
Relevancy 15.05%

I have a toshiba laptop right at a year of having it, it will not allow me to get internet connection even though it shows its getting wifi or set up through the router.. Is this a virus or other issue

A:Toshiba Internet won't work

Moving this topic to appropriate forum.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-internet-wont-work.207422/
Relevancy 15.05%

My toshiba will not get on the Internet Google will come up and search but everytime it says Internet error

A:Laptop Internet error

Need specific; try looking in the cmd-> enter eventvwr.msc

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-internet-error.207423/
Relevancy 9.46%

I have a Windows 7 HP desktop system that is connected to the internet via an ethernet cable. The system says it is connected, and a ping confirms it is accessing the internet. BUT, all the browsers say the computer is not connected to the internet (tried Chrome, Firefox and IE). All of the Microsoft network adapters (6to4, ISATAP adapter, ISATAP adapter #2, Teredo Tunneling Adapter) shown under device manager cannot start (Code 10). the Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller is the only network adapter shown as working properly. What do I need to do to fix this? Let me know if there is any other information needed to help me.

A:Windows 7 computer says connect via ethernet and ping confirms but cannot get to any page

Does your router see this computer on the network?
Are you on Private Network or Home Network?
Is the IP address showing 192.168.x.x or is it showing 169.xx.xx.xx?

NIC network card you can do a few things. You can can disable it and re-able it.
Open dos prompt
type: ipconfig /flushdns
type: ipconfig /release
type: ipconfig /renew

Give this a sec or two.

Now under services.msc (use the control panel and type services)
Select view local services
Scroll down for
DHCP Client (right click and stop it) wait then right click and start it
DNS Client (right click and stop it) wait then right click and start it

If none of the above work go into the device manager. under control panel type: device manager. click on device manager

-Network adapters
-Realtek PCI-e this one uninstall the drivers (BUT DO NOT DELETE THEM)

Two options here.
One: Scan computer for new hardware changes
Two: Reboot the PC

Choose Two, because Windows will re-install the drivers and setup network card settings. for you. The Choosing One would do that same but you really want to flush out any prior issues that got you to this point.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-computer-says-connect-via-ethernet-and-ping-confirms-but-cannot-get-to-any-page.207373/
Relevancy 9.03%

I had a new PC so I thought I would do a recovery disk on a separate partition of my parent's disk. Turns out windows wipes out everything regardless of partition when it does that. So now lifelong memories are gone and I'm freaking out! I used EaseUS to make different partitions which were deleted. After I found that the partition I chose stayed the same size but was renamed RECOVERY and it had the recovery data in it. However the rest was "unused" and so I dragged the RECOVERY to make full use of the disk and then I started scanning it deeply with hard drive recovery software. I am now through scanning with my 2nd program now (1st one didn't give me the files I needed) and I'm using RecoverMyFiles. The problem is I'm not really getting back any of the files I had deleted by windows, but I get some stupid windows files which were probably deleted in the recovery process!! PLEASE help me!!! I am desperate. Future hanging in balance thank you.

A:Recovering Lifelong Memories from Windows Recovery-Wiped External Hard Drive

There are quite a few programs you could try, I have had most success with Recuva by Piriform, but recently this program was said to be excellent by a user,
http://www.ylcomputing.com/content/view/350/153/
Obviously it's worthwhile trying both of them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recovering-lifelong-memories-from-windows-recovery-wiped-external-hard-drive.207350/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi,
I am creating a small demo software wherein 4 simple mono-audio speakers need to be connected to my laptop, the main program, written in Java will play audio from one of the speakers depending on the input cue.

How do I go about achieving this? Any tips, hints most appreciated.

TIA!

A:Connecting multiple speakers to my laptop and controlling them individually

First, the laptop audio is not a home sound system and can be easily overloaded with what you are attempting - - don't drive this at high output volumes!

this will show the wiring to get all 4 with output at the same time.

The speakers in parallel like this create a load 4x heavier than just one speaker.
Get 8ohm speakers like these http://www.radioshack.com/8-ohm-mini-speaker/2730092.html
which will reduce the load to only 2x.

The red circles are individual volume controls. Place a toggle switch between the controls and the speakers and you can play 1, 1+2, 1+2+3 or all four.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connecting-multiple-speakers-to-my-laptop-and-controlling-them-individually.207277/
Relevancy 9.89%

Hi I had this problem a DVD-R 7 Won't Windows Vaio read - couple months ago fixed it and am now facing the same problem again I have a Vaio Windows My CD DVD player isn t reading any of my DVD-R cds Whenever I put in a DVD-R cd autoplay comes up and it asks to format the cd I checked these DVDs and they work on other computers They re all burned DVD with files on them Before when this happened I tried many different things I Deleted upper lower filters -- Actually I didn t have upper or lower filters to delete System restored Deleted and updated drivers Finally found a post talking about creating a new key in the regedit NoCDburning After doing this it started working Fast forward three months later my cd dvd player won t read any Vaio Windows 7 - Won't read DVD-R of my DVD-R cds again I did the same things all over again System restored Deleted and updated re-installed drivers Ran Fixit Looked for upper lower filters -- not there Tried looking at the NoCDburning thing again -- deleted and repeated the steps and nothing is happening I don t want to reboot my computer because I already did a month ago and it just takes way too much time for me to reboot everything all over again I cleaned my CD player as well like most of you guys said before I know my drive is still working as it worked before after I fixed it I checked and the last time this happened was in June Since then the only new things I installed updated were CC Cleaner Itunes and some other programs I have Spybot as well Can someone please please please help me I ve been looking for an answer everywhere and I m running into the same answers Thank you nbsp

A:Vaio Windows 7 - Won't read DVD-R

Have you tried a a system file check to see if Windows can sort this issue out?
sfc /scannow (in admin mode.)
Also if you just explore the DVD do you see the list of files on it? Or is the DVD-R not 'seen' by Windows at all?
Or is the error only with the autoplay part? (Windows trying to help you choose a media player from whatever you have installed?)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vaio-windows-7-wont-read-dvd-r.206920/
Relevancy 9.46%

Hello hello After having a problem with my cd dvd drive I rebooted my computer and did a clean install of Windows from my Vista So right now I m running Windows Windows not install (Touch/slider) FN - 7 Clean Keys working I have a VAIO - VGN-CS J Windows looks and feels great so far The only problem is my little sliding touch pad at the top doesn t work I don t know if it s FN keys but on top of my keyboard there s a little sliding touch pad for volume along with a fast forward rewind key I used to be able to slide the volume up from there but now it s not working I looked it up and I know this has to do with my clean install of windows I tried installing a bunch of drivers like everyone said online Sony Shared Libraries Vaio Event Notebook Control Device And a bunch of other drivers that people talked about I don t know what s wrong but it s still not working so I did a system restore to before I installed everything so that I can have a clean slate Can someone please help me fix my volume control slider please Thank you so much nbsp

A:Clean install Windows 7 - FN Keys (Touch/slider) not working

Laptops have extras over and above Windows and if you reinstall the OS or upgrade it you lose these. I've been there and done that with the FZ. It was broken when I bought it and the hard drive had been removed. Fixing the computer was very hard, installing Windows 7 was easy. Afterwards, like yourself I found that the function keys didn't work. Trawling forums and looking for drivers then sorting it out took ages and that was the most challenging part of the whole exercise. Everything necessary was on the Sony support sites but these were not user friendly and I needed to use several Sony sites. Needless to say Sony support were clueless. In the end I got everything functioning but if you can manage with things as they are I'd not bother. One tip, although it might not work with your particular Vaio model is that stuff has to be installed in a particular order otherwise some keys don't work.

That'll teach you to mess with Windows when a cd/dvd plays up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/clean-install-windows-7-fn-keys-touch-slider-not-working.207046/
Relevancy 14.62%

I laptop My wirelessly to will the connect not internet have had my laptop for around a year and it has always connected to the internet both wirelessly and through the cable Suddenly for no apparent reason about a week ago it stopped working All that I had done was turn on my quot Guest Account quot and download Skype It worked for a few minutes after this and then stopped completely- if I hovered over the wireless connection on the bottom right of my screen there is a big red cross and it tells me that there are no wireless networks available in the range We have another laptop which we use from My laptop will not connect wirelessly to the internet the exact same location within the My laptop will not connect wirelessly to the internet house and this connects no problem it also finds another or so wireless networks in the neighbourhood I know that there is not a problem with my router modem as I can connect via my other computer I have not done anything to the laptop except the installation above- I tried uninstalling this and turning off the Guest Account but still no joy I looked at other posts on here and tried some of the things suggested but still no joy I thought I would try to be clever also and think I have actually made this worse so that it is now beyond repair I know with most computer based things uninstalling and reinstalling it can work tried this and have now uninstalled my wireless network cannot now find where it is to reinstall If you are able to give me suggestions to fix this please treat me as a novice as although I know some things about computers I really don t know enough to decipher some of the more technical terms Thanks in advance nbsp

A:My laptop will not connect wirelessly to the internet

bangj001 said:

I have had my laptop for around a year and it has always connected to the internet both wirelessly and through the cable. Suddenly, for no apparent reason, about a week ago it stopped working.

All that I had done was turn on my "Guest Account" and download Skype. It worked for a few minutes after this and then stopped completely- if I hovered over the wireless connection on the bottom right of my screen, there is a big red cross and it tells me that there are no wireless networks available in the range.

We have another laptop which we use from the exact same location within the house and this connects no problem, it also finds another 7 or so wireless networks in the neighbourhood.

I know that there is not a problem with my router/modem as I can connect via my other computer. I have not done anything to the laptop except the installation above- I tried uninstalling this and turning off the Guest Account but still no joy.

I looked at other posts on here and tried some of the things suggested but still no joy.... I thought I would try to be clever also and think I have actually made this worse so that it is now beyond repair!! I know with most computer based things, uninstalling and reinstalling it can work... tried this and have now uninstalled my wireless network...cannot now find where it is to reinstall!

If you are able to give me suggestions to fix this, please treat me as a novice as although I know some things about computers, I really don't know enough to decipher some of the more technical terms! Thanks in advanceClick to expand...

I assume you're using some sort of windows machine. Have you tried a system restore to a previous state when the OS used to work?
if not you should try that first by going to Programs>accesories>system tools> system re-store and select a time from when the laptop used to work fine.

Mm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-will-not-connect-wirelessly-to-the-internet.158976/
Relevancy 9.46%

Hi,
My USB drive is enabled. The USB flash drive or any other storage device is recognized when connected to my laptop. But when I click on the drive in windows explorer, it says access denied. The same works fine in other laptops. I have admistror previlages. There is no local group policy set up on Removable storage access. I have searched multiple forums and tried out various options, but still cant connect to my USB drive. The drivers are successfully installed and are the latest. This happens even when I connect my camera or mobile phone. It shows up as 'Removable Disk' in windows explorer, but cant access it. I have given authorization to the drive as well. Please help.
Dnana

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-flash-drive-is-recognized-but-still-cant-acess-windows-7.207068/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi I have also been experinsing these problems. I am a video game player as well and whenever I try to play on my laptop my internet disconnects. But all my other devices that use wifi work fine. Also there is nothing wrong with my computer because it works fine on other networks such as my schools. I recently moved and am now using a different internet provider ,centerylink. I think I have to change my modem channel but centurylinks website were you change modem settings is a scam. The website does not work and my parents think theres something wrong with my computer and are refusing to change internet service providers. So I am wondering how If I can change modem channels a different way.

Moderator note - This post removed from this thread: http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-keeps-disconnecting-randomly.205710/#post-1439822 to avoid hijacking.

A:Internet disconnects

Hi, You might have another wifi signal very close to your house that is on 'your' channel, it happens.
You can only move your channel to one of three different frequencies, that is the lowest, the middle or the highest one. So say your current channel is 6, there is no point going to 7, it's still too close.
If the 'other' problem wifi channel near you is say '1' then you should try to go to the other end of the range.
You change your WiFi channel in your router, then your laptop will find it.
You don't need a website to do that, it's between your laptop and your router.
You make the changes through any web browser, and the details will probably be on the label of your router.
But this might not the problem, although it's a fairly easy one to 'fix' if it is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-disconnects.206830/
Relevancy 14.62%

The (Tp internet connect to 740n) router link via Unable to router worked fine in the past until recently my ISP had a break in the cable line and repaired it Now I am unable to connect to the internet If Unable to connect to internet via router (Tp link 740n) I connect the ISP s LAN cable directly to PC windows and do the following steps Control panel gt View network stats and tasks Setup a new connection or network gt Connect to the internet gt Next Broadband PPPOE gt Next Type in username password gt Connect Internet works fine This means there is no problem with the internet connection However if I connect the ISP s LAN cable to the quot blue quot port of the router and the short LAN cable to my PC then do the following steps Open http tplinklogin net It shows me router config page Click Quick setup gt Next Select PPPoE gt Next Type in username password gt Next Leave the Wireless Page untouched gt Next Click Reboot Wait till router reboots It does not work the router page shows quot Connecting quot but does not connect at all Here s the router log TL-WR N System Log Time - - s H-Ver WR N v S-Ver Build Rel n L M W PPPoE W M G st day OTHER INFO User clear system log st day PPP NOTICE PPPoE start connecting st day PPP NOTICE Standard authentication st day PPP INFO pppd start st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP ERROR Timeout waiting for PADO packets st day PPP NOTICE Standard authentication st day PPP INFO pppd start st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x de st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x de st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x de st day PPP ERROR Timeout waiting for PADO packets st day PPP NOTICE Standard authentication st day PPP INFO pppd start st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x d st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x d st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x d st day PPP ERROR Timeout waiting for PADO packets st day PPP NOTICE Standard authentication st day PPP INFO pppd start st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x nbsp

A:Unable to connect to internet via router (Tp link 740n)

Please help me

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-internet-via-router-tp-link-740n.206843/
Relevancy 21.5%

I m trying to configure Surround Sound but Realtek doesn t seem to be installing and it s configuring speakers driver 5.1 Realtek Trouble Sound; issues Surround to driving me nuts I have installed the driver provided by Gigabyte for my motherboard Trouble configuring speakers to 5.1 Surround Sound; Realtek driver issues and it s not doing anything It installs asks me to restart the PC but nothing is Trouble configuring speakers to 5.1 Surround Sound; Realtek driver issues there OS is Windows -bit Gigabyte says that my motherboard supports both and Surround Sound so I don t understand why I can t configure my speakers to run it only lets me use Stereo Device manager only shows High Definition Audio Device and Control Panel doesn t show Realtek at all Realtek Audio Manager doesn t appear either it s not in the system tray icons where I would usually find it Even searching for Realtek brings up nothing other than all the drivers I have downloaded to see if they would work Link to motherboard s Realtek driver as provided by Gigabyte http www gigabyte com products product-page aspx pid dl Link to motherboard s specification http www gigabyte com products product-page aspx pid sp Image showing my device manager gt sound http gyazo com ad b bd e ae a Any ideas as to what the problem is I can t seem to find anything audio related in BIOS either nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-configuring-speakers-to-5-1-surround-sound-realtek-driver-issues.206888/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi there!

I recently have come across an issue where my internet randomly disconnects, mostly while on Skype or downloading video games and cannot figure out the issue at all. It usually downloads fine for about 1 minute and then disconnects completely. 0kbps and internet drops on my computer alone.

I'm kinda new to tech forums so if you guys need any information let me know.

A:Internet keeps disconnecting randomly

Hi, I had this problem a few years ago, which was fixed by buying a new USB wireless dongle.
But if you are using wireless connection to the router, try an ethercable instead and see if the same thing happens.
Are you using a laptop? If so it could be faulty wireless 802.11 board.
If you are using a USB wireless adapter, it could that the pc is turning off the power to the USB ports to 'save power', that can be changed if required.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-keeps-disconnecting-randomly.205710/
Relevancy 15.05%

My internet will just crash every minutes to sometimes seconds and the crashing only last about 10 seconds. It really gets annoying. its been happening for a couple months now and I have no idea how to fix it. I'm using cable and it seems to only happen to me in the house my brothers laptop isn't affected by the crashing, if anybody knows how to fix the problem please tell me.
EDIT oh and it happens randomly like say its could crash one day then it wont crash the next day. Or it could crash for one hour and not crash for the next 3 hours.

A:Internet Crashing

I'm using cable and it seems to only happen to me in the house my brothers laptop isn't affected by the crashing,Click to expand...

I guess you are saying that at your house, your Internet connection has problems but your brother's laptop does not.
Crashing(what: your system versus your browser) or Disconnecting?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-crashing.206507/
Relevancy 15.48%

Hello techspot community I m new here and I apologize in advance if I ve done something incorrectly using internet my LAN In short any computer I access via LAN that is connected directly to my router uses up internet data For instance if I watch a movie stored on a computer connected directly to my router though it is being streamed through my LAN my net usage gets eaten up quickly from it This also happens with software such as teamviewer and splashtop even when set to accept LAN exclusively Whats odd is even when I disconnect my modem from my router and watch a movie my router still says data is being passed solely through the internet and a lot of it So I m LAN using my internet almost certain the issue is with the router but not entirely sure what Interesting enough when I access a computer that is connected to my router by wireless from a wireless device there isn t any issues consuming my internet when using the LAN I find this to be a huge problem as on the first of this month I decided to watch some HD movies over my LAN and it used up over gigabytes of data which I confirmed from my ISP I have to pay for that usage even though I wasn t actually using the internet This problem is quite new I m not sure exactly when it started but I haven t had this issue for the first months I owned this router it must have been something I changed in the router options but I haven t yet found what it could be Addition info ASUS RT-N U wireless router ASUS router is bridged from a Hitron modem Win Ult OS What I ve already tried Monitored my internet traffic to conclude the problem Contacted my ISP everyone was confused and no one was able to help Reformatted a single computer connected directly to my router so see if it was software related didn t help Went through router options intensely without success Tried multiple computers directly connected to the router and issue persists with newly connected computers Upgraded my modem to see if that was an issue it wasn t Updated router firmware to the latest didn t help Gone through the network sharing options from OS thoroughly Any suggestions regarding this is much appreciated Though already implied I want to ensure the understanding that even file transfers from one computer to another on my own network is using my internet data for some odd reason nbsp

A:LAN using my internet

The ONLY way I can think of this happening is if you are using some type of media server that you are allowing web access to your library with AND then you are connecting to that service online to view your local media. Like Plex Media Server will allow you to do that if you set it up to, I'm sure there are other softwares that do that as well. But that is not default behavior.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lan-using-my-internet.206003/
Relevancy 14.62%

My internet started to become slow out of no where and I didn't mess with my router/modem or any computer settings so I'm guessing it's a hardware problem. Pages take a while to load, some don't load (Unable to connect to webpage message), or sometimes they won't load completely. I've had this happen 3 times over the past years, even with different routers/modems/ISP's, my internet would be working normally for a few months and then it'd dramatically get slower. I've always thought it was my router causing the problems, potentially screwing up and degrading my modem's performance. It must be that Netgear routers are awful, as that's the only brand of routers I've had over the years.

I'm on my desktop, and have my modem connected to my router. I'm connected to the internet via cable since my desktop doesn't have WiFi.
Got 58mb/s download speed and 12mb/s upload speed on speedtest. Any ideas on how to fix the problem?

Edit: I have the same problem with every browser if you're wondering.

A:Internet suddenly slow and pages not loading completely

Have you tried having your ISP run a line check.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-suddenly-slow-and-pages-not-loading-completely.206046/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hi I'm not a tech-y person so I'm just hoping that someone can help me.

I recently bought a new laptop it's a Lenovo G40
System:

Intel Core i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz 2.40 GHz
RAM: 4.00GB
64-bit Operating System
Windows 8.1 Single Language
I got home, downloaded and installed Firefox for me to use as my default browser. I got to use it for awhile (about 3 hrs) then I tried going on Facebook and it was taking too long to load. Then I tried it on my phone, it loaded faster than on my laptop. I tried searching (on both devices) random stuff on google (e.g. Miley Cyrus) and it took my laptop about 3 mins to load and my phone only took less than a minute to load. I did a speedtest on my laptop and I got 3.4mbps as a result (that's fast enough right?).

I really hope someone could help me with this because I'm currently student and I have a lot of requirements to do and I can't do that without a laptop and internet.

A:Slow internet on laptop but fast on phone

So, all 3 are on WiFi. Can you run a test with either of the laptops connected with an Ethernet cable and let us know the results? I suspect your wireless router has 802.11N, and that your phone supports it but your PCs only support 802.11G. 802.11N and G don't always play nicely together, and no 802.11G implementations is ever going to deliver 49Mbps of application layer throughput.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-internet-on-laptop-but-fast-on-phone.205723/
Relevancy 9.46%

My old hard drive was a sata drive but it failed so I had an old ide 80gb barracuda 7200rpm drive that I wanted to install windows on but when I load the windows installation and goto custom it wont show my drive. My bios detects it its just windows . I tried using diskpart and even formating the drive to ntfs witha complete whip but still no luck .

A:Windows installation can't detect my ide hard drive?

Perhaps the hard drive's jumper setting is incorrect. Are there any other IDE devices connected on the same cable as the HDD?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-installation-cant-detect-my-ide-hard-drive.192208/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hello there,
I have seen that you are knowledgeable regarding pc, and have also seen tht you resolved successfully several threads.

I have a laptop and up to yesterday I could connect to the internet through wifi and cable. But today I cannot.

Here you can see my wifi.txt : https://www.dropbox.com/s/27g7g6xzqb8al1e/myWifi.txt?dl=0
and here my wired: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o5nwfr6nwafoj1a/myWired.txt?dl=0
I uninstalled bitdefender to no avail.
Yesterday I was experimenting with this software: hotspot shield, bot revolt, ghostsurf. I uninstalled it yesterday and internet was working fine after that. I am just mentioning it.
I have win 8.1
I dont have any red in device mgr.

I am looking forward to your answer.
I hope you can help me
Kind regards
nisidotatos

A:Connected to internet, but no access

I'm posting a Win/8 solution solved in a private conversation. After proving that TCP could PING and use NSLOOKUP, it is time to suspect browser settings - - here's the solution:

jobeard said:

IE(9) -> Internet Options
General Tab
set homepage too www.google.com/

Security Tab
[x] enable protected mode

Connections Tab
at the bottom click Lan settings button
[x] Automatic detect settings SHOULD BE ON
[ ] auto script OFF
[ ] use a proxy OFF

Advanced Tab
[x] software rendering instead of GPU
Browsing
[x] disable script debugging (there's 2 of these)
HTTP 1.1
[x] both boxes
International
[x] send IDN names
[x] send UTF-8
Security
[x] check publisher revocation
[x] check certificate
[x] check signatures on downloads
[x] enable Windows Authentication
[x] enable memory protection
[x] use SSL 3.0
[x] use TLS 1.0
[x] use TLS 1.1
[x] use TSL 1.2
[x] warn certificate address mismatch
[x] warn if postClick to expand...

nisidotatos said:

It worked.
it was a problem here:
Connections Tab
at the bottom click Lan settings button
[x] Automatic detect settings SHOULD BE ON
[ ] auto script OFF
[ ] use a proxy OFF

the auto was off, and also a vpn required was on, which I deactivated.
It is working now.
This is great.
I thank you so much.
If you ever come to Greece, give me a call!!!Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connected-to-internet-but-no-access.205805/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hello, I've had this problem for a good while and cant seem to find many answers. What happens is that I will be online and everything is fine untill my wife or daughter decide to get on to one of their devices that use the same wifi (ipad, ipod, phone) and everyone will get disconnected. After 2 or 3 minutes everyone will be able to connect again, for a few minutes at least, then we will get disconnected again. Rinse repeat.

Our router is a Belkin wireless G-plus mimo, Model# f509230-4
Modem is Westell model 6100, e90-610015-06
My wireless router in the bedroom connected to the PC is a linksys wusb6300 (blinks orange light at the time of dissconnect)

Any ideas on how we can stop constantly disconnecting each other would be greatly appreciated.

*just saw I posted this in the wrong place..ugh

Moderator note: Moved.

A:Disconnecting from internet when others use the wifi

Two suggestions:

First, make sure you have the latest firmware for that router

Second, after updating the firmware, access the router config and set the MTU to 1492.

This will stop packet fragmentation and all devices will then be protected from a packet reassembly overflow condition, failing all existing connections.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disconnecting-from-internet-when-others-use-the-wifi.205777/
Relevancy 14.19%

24x7 - Low Power Consumption ? Internet Download Machine

I want to build a System that has LOW POWER Consumption.

Use:

Mostly Downloading Stuffs , Might Host Own Cloud too , Email Clients , IRC Clients , Other Internet Connected Apps

I was thinking of a Kabini System

Athlon 5350 (25 W TDP) & Some AM1 Mother Board

http://products.amd.com/en-us/DesktopAPUDetail.aspx?id=105

Again I was thinking about the Intel G3258 Anniversary edition processor (But it has Much Larger TDP)

It should be A Windows 7 Machine . Not Linux or other what nots !

But I am Here for some Advice. I already told you my requirements.

Advise me - What should I do ?
I only want to buy

Processor + Motherboard + RAM

&

SMPS (PSU) + HDD

I have the rest

A:Hardware Suggestions - 24x7 - Low Power Consumption Internet Connected PC

Hmm; Why is power consumption a hi priority issue - - are you running off a solar powered system or portable generator?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-suggestions-24x7-low-power-consumption-internet-connected-pc.205627/
Relevancy 15.05%

On WiFi bars always but I keep getting disconnected every couple minutes It reconnects a minute later and runs for another mins or every or so minutes five off Internet Shutting so Its an endless process Would appreciate any help Farbar Service Scanner Version - - Ran by Student Internet Shutting off every five minutes or so ATTENTION The logged in user is not administrator on - - at Running from quot C Users Student Downloads quot Microsoft Windows Enterprise Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Internet Services Connection Status Localhost is accessible LAN connected Google IP is accessible Google com is accessible Yahoo com is accessible Windows Firewall Firewall Disabled Policy System Restore SDRSVC Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of SDRSVC service is OK The ImagePath of SDRSVC service is OK The ServiceDll of SDRSVC service is OK VSS Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of VSS service is OK The ImagePath of VSS service is OK System Restore Disabled Policy Action Center Windows Update Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy Windows Defender WinDefend Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of WinDefend service is set to Demand The default start type is Auto The ImagePath of WinDefend service is OK The ServiceDll of WinDefend service is OK Windows Defender Disabled Policy HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows Defender quot DisableAntiSpyware quot DWORD Other Services File Check C Windows System nsisvc dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System drivers nsiproxy sys gt File is digitally signed C Windows System dhcpcore dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System drivers afd sys gt File is digitally signed C Windows System drivers tdx sys gt File is digitally signed C Windows System Drivers tcpip sys gt File is digitally signed C Windows System dnsrslvr dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System mpssvc dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System bfe dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System drivers mpsdrv sys gt File is digitally signed C Windows System SDRSVC dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System vssvc exe gt File is digitally signed C Windows System wscsvc dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System wbem WMIsvc dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System wuaueng dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System qmgr dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System es dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System cryptsvc dll gt File is digitally signed C Program Files Windows Defender MpSvc dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System ipnathlp dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System iphlpsvc dll gt File is digitally signed C Windows System svchost exe gt File is digitally signed C Windows System rpcss dll gt File is digitally signed End of log nbsp

A:Internet Shutting off every five minutes or so

First, if your ISP is over a DSL line, make sure every device connected to the phone wall jack(s) have a filter installed.

Second, get the latest firmware for your Modem && the router installed.

Lastly, on your router, find and set the MTU to 1492 which will stop packet fragmentation.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-shutting-off-every-five-minutes-or-so.205339/
Relevancy 9.46%

Hello...I will start from the begining .

I bought the Acer V5 and tried booting it up...it came with boot-up Linux which means nothing to me so I made a Windows 8 bootable USB and the problems started. First I could'n find the USB and after enabling the Legacy mode it finally found it and booted from it. Turned out the partitions are GPT and as I made the USB MBR it couldn't install so I canceled which I guess was my mistake but there was no other option. After that I created the bootable USB with GPT partition scheme and tried again. Unfortunately this time I got something called GNU GRUB....wth? I googled around and found the commands required for booting - root (hd1,0), then chainloader +1 and finally boot. Then I get the famous The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors with Status: 0xc000000e. Of course tried that couple of more times but still to no avail. I cannot recover or repair as Windows was never really installed, so I don't know what to do....Hopefully someone here would be able to help. Thanks in advance guys.

Petar

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-v5-booting-windows-installing-issues.205294/
Relevancy 14.62%

My internet wont work, ive tried using both crome and IE but both browsers say that I am not connected to the internet despite the fact my computer says that I am connected to the internet. I know its not a network problem because my other devices are connecting fine. Also I tried connecting to the wifi at home and at school and it still does not work. My laptop is a HP ProBook 6390b and I am using windows 7. This problem started occurring after about 4 months disuse of my laptop which I think might be a factor as to why its not working. I have run windows updater and run a scan with my antivirus but still nothing helps. Thank you for any assistance in advance.

A:Internet wont work on laptop

Have you kept up and installed all the Windows 7 updates and are there any yellow (!) in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-wont-work-on-laptop.204944/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hi I m using windows OS and Internet DSL Wifi but Router modem not through connected through using Reliance DSL broadband When I connect to internet directly through modem Internet is accessed but when I use D-Link DIR- Internet connected through DSL modem but not through Wifi Router router Internet connected through DSL modem but not through Wifi Router It shows you are offline and shows limited connectivity Ip configuration through wired connection is as below C Users Hiren s gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix local Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in Link-local IPv Address fe c e b a eb aa IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap reliancebroadband co in Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in IPv Address bed e d bed e d Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address ef fd cc c b Link-local IPv Address fe cc c b Default Gateway When I try to connect with wifi It shows limited connectivity and I can t open login page for ISP Ip config when connected through wifi is below C Users Hiren s gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix local Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in Link-local IPv Address fe c e b a eb aa IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap reliancebroadband co in Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in IPv Address bed e d bed e d Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address ef fd cc c b Link-local IPv Address fe cc c b Default Gateway C Users Hiren s gt nbsp

A:Internet connected through DSL modem but not through Wifi Router

I also tried friend's TP-Link router, with my Cable, Then it connects perfectly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connected-through-dsl-modem-but-not-through-wifi-router.205006/
Relevancy 14.62%

I have spent the last days trying to get my WiFi to connect Connection Ethernet not through Internet but WiFi to the Internet and am ready to throw the computer and all its additional equipment out of the window Amongst a collection of other laptops and a desktop running different systems - Windows XP Vista Windows and Windows - I have an old Acer Aspire running Windows XP Pro SP I use it mainly for midi file work and as a host for Visual Studio which I keep for maintenance of some programs written many years ago but still in use by some of my friends and for which I require frequent searches on the Internet Just recently for no apparent reason the WiFi on this laptop suddenly stopped working I have been using an Edimax EW- Usg wireless adapter Internet Connection through Ethernet but not WiFi which has never given any trouble in the past to connect with my home network through a router modem supplied by my ISP Internet Connection through Ethernet but not WiFi Since every other computer iPhone iPad and Kindle connects to the same network and works perfectly I have to assume that there is no problem with that router Also the problem laptop connects perfectly via the ethernet cable It just won t work on WiFi alone I have checked my wireless connections setup including TCP IP and can find no problem devices in Device manager I have searched for solutions on the internet and tried everything I can find - I have scanned my hard disk with Panda Antivirus have downloaded and run MalwareBytes I have tried changing the router channel I have tried setting the ipconfig values Nothing makes any difference When I attach the wireless adapter there is usually a message telling me the connection has quot limited or no internet access quot At this point ipconfig all shows the default values for the configuration If I try repairing the connection I am told that the process cannot continue for one reason or another though on occasion it connects when I close the message box However the adapter still shows quot acquiring IP Address quot and hangs there Here ipconfig all shows the correct configuration In both situations the only ipaddress I can ping is the host PC - the problem one Every other IP whether in numerical form such as Internet Connection through Ethernet but not WiFi the router or alphabetical form such as google com returns either a quot timeout quot or a quot cannot find quot message and of course I cannot connect to the internet I have tried clearing the ipconfig I ve forgotten the command and followed it with ipconfig renew but that won t work I have repaired winsock using Microsoft s instructions and I have become quot war-weary quot trying to make sense of the whole thing I am trying not to have to re-install Windows XP and the associated updating of all programs so as a last resort I tried probably unsuccessfully to uninstall Edimax In the end after using Add and Remove to clear as much as possible I just deleted the complete folder from Program Files Then I installed the software for an old Belkin Wireless USB Adapter which I had lying around and tried it The outcome was exactly the same The Belkin software has one advantage however - it allows the user to opt to control the adapter through Windows though I still could not make it work I just don t know enough to solve this one Any ideas anyone BarrieC St ckM n nbsp

A:Internet Connection through Ethernet but not WiFi

Have you tried using another adapter? Or tried using the adapter on another computer? Just to rule out if the adapter is bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connection-through-ethernet-but-not-wifi.196216/
Relevancy 9.89%

I an trying ti install a video graphics card, when I plug in to my pci ex slot and plug in the leads the screen does not work, but the computer does, now I see that I have a pnp monitor but the card and a vga adapter on it, I have tried everything possible but cant get to work, anyone any ideas?????????

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-install-nvidia-quadro-nvs-259-on-windows-7.204678/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi I didn't know where to post this
my internet speed been groin crazy
its goes fine then at some point all the speed drop the lights flickers
only in wifi tho
I called my ISP they said it the signals from the wireless phone
called my friend he says its signals from other routers * I live in a building around 16 ap 4 per floor*
both said to connect via either
a lot of my usage is by phone so I use wifi
any one have any solution for it ?

A:Internet speed

Eliminate the possibilities.

Turn off the wifi, connect to router via cable only. Is it still slowing down? If yes, it's something related to wireless. Then continue troubleshooting.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-speed.204286/
Relevancy 14.62%

So my laptop will not connect to the internet only by the ethernet cable. Ive made sure my wifi is on but for some reason everytime I click troubleshooting it will only tell me to try to connect to the ethernet cable. I tried to find different interney connection or try to disconnect to my router but that option does not even show up.

Ive gone through device manager n unstall things like the newtwork adapter of course after I restrted the computer itll reinstall it. Ive tried the options of restarting the router try to turn off the wifi restarting a an d reconnecting. Please help!! Lol

A:My laptop wont connect to the internet

I have a laptop and use wired connection when at home. Laptops typically have an enable/disable key or switch for the wifi - - on my Dell, <fn>F2 toggles wifi on/off.
I normally run with it off and the device manager looks like this

EVEN when F2 has it disabled! Notice, no red/yellow flags because it's just fine.

The system tray (for a wired connection) looks like

and IF I enable wifi, it changes to

*** SO BE SURE your wifi is 'enabled' (that is not the same as the device mgr enbled)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-wont-connect-to-the-internet.204212/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi there, my name in Mark, Over the past few days my whole internet randomly cuts off and goes back on, as if its being hit offline. I have ran through the forums and have checkout out the firewall and even done multiple virus scans and everything is coming up clear. I have a Virgin Media Superhub so its a combination modem and router. I have messed around with a few settings on the router itself. Im really struggling as I contacted my internet provider and they said they have no problem on their end. They also reset my router on a high frequency but I am still having the same issue. After having looked over multiple forums and videos and browsing through google. This issue will not resolve. It seems to occur more often when I try to run online gaming through my xbox one but it has happened a few times when the only thing that is on is my pc. I have a gaming pc and im not sure what other information you guys need. Any help would be amazing and to kick whatevers butt is annoying my internet.!

A:Internet Issues

Log into the router and find the setting MTU. It usually defaults to 1500 but that allows something called packet fragmentation. Change it to 1492 and it will stop that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-issues.204147/
Relevancy 9.89%

Recently I noticed that my laptop speakers aren't working consistently at all. Sometimes I watch youtube, listen to pandora, and everything will work fine. Other times it won't work at all. I've been getting by like this for a week, but now it seems like now the only audio my speakers will play is a notification sound. I still have the computer under warranty, and I can take it into the store and get the speakers fixed. However, I was wondering if there was a way I could skip all the trouble/paperwork of taking it back in? maybe I just clicked something I shouldn't have?
Any tips are hugely appreciated!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-8-laptop-speakers-are-inconsistent.204097/
Relevancy 14.62%

I've been having this problem for the past 3-4 weeks now. I had an old Zyxel router that my broadband provider had given me for free and thought the problem might have been with it. Today I got a new router, an ASUS DSL-N55U and the problem persists.

My internet connection will disconnect (both cable and wireless for all devices) for seemingly no reason. Upon restarting the router, it will connect and be fine for a while until it happens again. Sometimes it stays online a few hours, other times a few minutes. It doesn't seem to be a specific application that disconnects it, as it disconnects when using many different applications and devices. (Although the old router did disconnect when refreshing game server lists, as it flooded the router. The new router doesn't seem to have this problem)

It's been bugging me like crazy, any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

A:Internet Disconnects but Reconnects on Restart

Did your Isp .Run a line check for you. I had this problem about a year ago. Turned out it was my line coming in the house. another thing you can try is uninstalling you av protection. Long enough to see if this makes a differance. I have seen AV software cause problems like this also. That is about all I can think of. I am sure someone else here will be able to assist you to.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-disconnects-but-reconnects-on-restart.203873/
Relevancy 14.62%

I have had an HP laptop for 1 year and it has worked on the internet perfectly fine. My wireless router turned off one day while I was using the internet and after it turned back on my laptop would not connect back to the wireless. I have tried connecting my laptop to hotspot from my phone and tried connecting it to the internet modem with a cord but neither would work. Please Help!

A:HP laptop will no longer connect to the internet

You may need to buy an external WiFi adapter like this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320176

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-laptop-will-no-longer-connect-to-the-internet.203700/
Relevancy 9.89%

I have a Windows 8.1 Laptop and yesterday it said I had no connections.
My computer is wireless but then it went to Ethernet it didn't let me connect to anything either.
I tried looking things up to see how to fix it but it just kept talking about buying cables.

Anyone know whats wrong?

A:How to fix Windows Laptop When it goes from wireless to ethernet

You may try to disable your Ethernet adapter (wired connection) while you're connected via a wireless connection through your wireless adapter.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-fix-windows-laptop-when-it-goes-from-wireless-to-ethernet.203484/
Relevancy 14.62%

Someone help me please cannot access but can cable LAN wifi internet My It s urgent Windows IP Configuration Host Name kent-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description My wifi cannot access internet but LAN cable can Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS Physical Address - -A -AF- - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR WB- NG Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - -CA- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a e b ec Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained June Lease Expires June Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -D - C- - - -CA- - - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap CB C E- EC - E - CD- BE B CDC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap AA FDD -F C - BD - D -CEDB F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:My wifi cannot access internet but LAN cable can

Are there any yellow (!) in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-wifi-cannot-access-internet-but-lan-cable-can.203495/
Relevancy 9.46%

Hi, not great with computers and had a look around at various forums and can't find a solution to my problem.

Essentially, whilst I can view the wireless network connections available, I cannot connect to the wireless connection I want to although all other computers at home can connect.

I think the issue is that I have no IP address on this computer (using Windows XP that has just been reinstalled). The result of ipconfig/release is:
No operation can be performed on Wireless Network Connection 2 while it has its media disconnected.

Sorry if further information is required, will provide whatever is needed. Thanks for any help!

A:Wireless Connection Media Disconnected (Windows XP)

First disconnect any wired connection and THEN attempt the wifi.
Something called DHCP is responsible to give the PC an IP address and also the DNS addresses (regardless of wired or wireless).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-connection-media-disconnected-windows-xp.203103/