Windows Support Forum

Trouble connecting to internet (Windows 8)

Q: Trouble connecting to internet (Windows 8)

Hey guys, I was recently in the malware section, because my laptop had some problems and could not connect to the internet. Broni was very awesome and helped me clear my laptop up, but we still couldn't get it to connect to the internet. He advised me to come here for help.

I will link the previous thread, because there are some log files toward the end I think would be much more helpful than me explaining problems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/infected-laptop.206911/page-2#post-1444892

Thank you so much for any help.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Trouble connecting to internet (Windows 8)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Trouble connecting to internet (Windows 8)

Can you try to re-install the WiFi driver?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-connecting-to-internet-windows-8.207500/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello,

I need assistance please! I have an older computer and I re-installed an old version of Windows XP but now it will not allow me to connect to the Internet. Well, it allows me to connect to one or two sites but not anything else. For ex: Internet Explorer will let me go to bing but when I try pulling up techguy.org it's giving the error that it cannot find the server or DNS error. I'm not sure if I need to go into Internet options and change something under connections?? Thanks for any assistance that can be provided!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-trouble-connecting-to-internet.1168653/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi!
I have used Windows XP all my life, so I'm not too familiar with Windows 7. I already have a Belkin connection setup, and I was wondering how to connect to this local area connection.
I'm sorry if none of what I said makes any sense. I'm not really a computer guy.
Thanks guys!

A:Trouble connecting to Windows 7 internet

Is this a new Windows 7 PC?

Are you connecting by wireless or with a cable?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-connecting-to-windows-7-internet.1116255/
Relevancy 71.38%

I recently reinstalled the windows xp operating system on my sons computer which had been running pretty bad however it doesn't seem to connect to the internet now. I talked with our ISP who assured us it wasn't the modem but he did tell us our current wireless router was blocking Internet connection so I removed it and still no internet connection, I also connected my laptop directly to our modem and it worked just fine but when I connect the desktop directly nothing.,this is my final step before I get too frustrated and give up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Trouble connecting to Internet with windows xp

Hi please follow the instructions here and upload all the info Pre-posting Requirements - for both Wired and Wireless Connectivity Issues
this will give us more to work with

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/trouble-connecting-to-internet-with-windows-xp-988457.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Im using Microsoft XP home edition, and i think service pack 1 im not sure. and service pack Im having problems with connecting to the internet. It shows a connection to microsoft outlook. but it also says there is a network cable unplugged. My ISP says that there is nothing wrong with the connection. And there was a 0% packet loss when i pinged the address. They say its a problem with microsoft. Microsoft says its somthing to do with updating. Can anybody help me clarify this?

Relevancy 70.52%

Hi everybody. I have just done a clean install of window xp onto my velocity micro promagix t1000. But i cant connect to the internet. I am trying to connect it through my linksys router. The computer has a netgear 1394 net adapter in it. According to device manager their is a driver installed for it. I tried this conection with my other laptop and it worked. So I dont think its a problem with the router. I have tried ipconfig /all but nothing comes up except Windows IP Configuration. There are a few other devices that are missing drivers. I am not sure if those are relevant. I am really confused and frustrated. So any help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 70.52%

Hello, bare with me here I don't know much about this stuff but I'll try to give as much info as I can. Today I re-installed a hard drive and OS for my ASUS, Model: U56E. The hard drive is an HGST Travelstar 500GB, 7200RPM and 16 MB/Mo and the Operating System is Windows 7 Home premium 64bit. The problem I'm having is when I try to connect to the internet it will say "Windows did not detect any networking hardware". I looked into it further and found the device manager. Under Other Devices there's a yellow exclamation point next to a few.. the one that I think I need to fix is the Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N + WiMAX 6150. The device status "The drivers for the device are not installed. (Code 28) I hope I gave enough info.

A:Re-installed Windows 7 and having trouble connecting to the internet

Hi Welcome to Seven Forum ... Have you tried connecting by Earthnet ? The Drivers you need are in the Link below .. Once you are connected to the Net run Windows Updates .. Then any Drivers or errors you have Post them back here ...
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download U56E

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/335705-re-installed-windows-7-having-trouble-connecting-internet.html
Relevancy 62.35%

OK I have a DSL modem I use for my internet In the past I had to unplug the ethernet cable coming from the modem to my computer to PS3 Trouble Internet Connecting to use the internet on my pc or unplug it from the pc and into the ps to get online with the ps And that all worked fine but it was a pain to keep switching it So I got an ethernet hub so I plugged the ethernet cable coming from my modem into the hub Then connected both my playstation and my pc to two open ports The PC had no problem immediatley connecting to the internet this way The playstation however would not connect at all I tried following a step by step guide to setting up a wired connection and after I did that it worked for a little while I was able to connect and set up an account with the playstation network and I thought all was fine Then the system was turned off and Trouble Connecting PS3 to Internet back on again and now I am having the same problem no internet connection I tried repeating the process I had before and it didnt work it didnt even let me get to the same screens in the setup as I had before I m extremely frustrated can anyone give me any insight into this problem nbsp Trouble Connecting PS3 to Internet

A:Trouble Connecting PS3 to Internet

If you have a hub, and not a switch, then that in itself will cause issues just on how it functions.

Now is your modem a modem/router combination device? If not then you may be restricted by your DSL provider. Most DSL ISPs FWIK allow only 1 IP address assigned at a time. So if you are using a hub or switch, then only one or the other devices will work and not the other. In this case you would want to get a router instead of the hub if your modem is not a modem/router combo.

Please can you confirm the make and model of your modem and hub.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-connecting-ps3-to-internet.973251/
Relevancy 62.35%

hey so recently my computer can t be connected to the internet for anything after two hours using both wired and wireless connecting the Trouble to internet connections the only way i found to fix this is to restart the computer i ran a troubleshooter and it says that windows can t automatically detect my network s proxy settings i also found that my diagnostic policy service likes to stop working on the hour every hour which seems kind of weird these are the things that i tried ran sfc scannow ran intv reset made sure the proxy settings were unchecked made sure that the services were on automatic and running restarted the diagnostic services and i did another thing where i typed something into command prompt that had quot localnetwork Administrators quot or something like that Trouble connecting to the internet in the code i think my connection stops working when my diagnostic service stops working but it sometimes come back my very last resort would be to touch my registry and or restore the computer to a previous Trouble connecting to the internet time because i would lose some programs nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

Hello! I hope somebody can help me with the Internet connection.
So... I have a Sony with Vista Home Premium and a big problem with my internet connection. When i try to diagnose it says: "Cannot communicate with Primary DNS server(192.168.0.4)."
ipconfig is:
"Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6001]
C:\Users\Alexandra>arp -a
Interface 89.38.196.36 --- 0x8
Internet Address Physical Address Type
89.38.196.255 ff-ff-ff-ff-ff-ff static
224.0.0.22 01-00-5e-00-00-16 static
224.0.0.252 01-00-5e-00-00-fc static
239.192.152.143 01-00-5e-40-98-8f static
239.255.255.250 01-00-5e-7f-ff-fa static
C:\Users\Alexandra>ping 89.38.196.255
Pinging 89.38.196.255 with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Ping statistics for 89.38.196.255:
Packets Sent = 4, Received = 8, Lost = 4 <100% loss> "

I`ve also tried to turn off the firewall but I still cannot connect to the internet.

I would sincerely appreciate any adivice. Thanks!

A:trouble connecting to the internet

Can you connect to the internet using an Ethernet Cabel?

Also Could you please run the Attached File in this Post as administrator

See Network Posting Tips For more Information

Many Thanks,
Josh

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/286181-trouble-connecting-internet.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I just formated my hard drive and reinstalled windows xp. I had a broadband internet connection before I reinstalled, but I cant figure out how to get my internet connection back now.

Relevancy 62.35%

I am in need of some help quick I work at a school and I am supposed to get a computer hooked up to to trouble Connecting internet the internet A majority of our computers are Macs however the one I am working on is a desktop PC All of the computers hook up to the internet using an ethernet cord to the wall In this particular office there is a phone that requires an ethernet connection and there is only one ethernet hookup in the room So I got a switch plugged the switch into the wall and then plugged the ethernet phone into the switch When I went to hook up the desktop to the switch it would not connect to the internet I thought maybe the problem was with the switch so I hooked my mac laptop to the switch and I could Connecting to internet trouble connect to the internet So something with the desktop settings are not letting it connect but I am unsure of what I need to do Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated Sorry I am not currently at the school i believe the operating system is Windows XP nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

Hope I internet Trouble connecting to can get some help here and my problem is not too long and confusing My main router provided by my isp is on the first floor of my house and Trouble connecting to internet I ran a cable up to the third which I then connect to an asus router and in turn is connected to my desktop I have used this set up for the past years or so with no issues When I turned on my desktop yesterday I was not connected to the internet although my other devices were still connected to the wifi Restarted a couple of times and nothing happened Did some googling and use command prompt to do some ipconfig commands and everything was fine Later that day when I turned my desktop back on I had no internet again and this time the same method did not work tried a couple of other solutions I found online as well as resetting and reconfiguring the router again but it did not work either I connected the ethernet cable to an old laptop just to test if it was my desktop problem but I couldn t get a connection as well although it could connect thru wifi I decided to try Trouble connecting to internet connecting my desktop directly to the lan point in the wall which runs from the isp given router and it worked after a restart However since then I have had to restart my computer several times before I get a connection a couple of hours ago my isp sent some one over to check out my problem he suspects it is something to do with my desktop which it probably is as he has no problem when connecting his laptop to it and I have also tested on my mac and a newer laptop without any problems hopefully it isn t difficult to understand and sorry if the post is long thanks in advance nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-connecting-to-internet.216240/
Relevancy 62.35%

My wireless network adapter card isn't working so I've disabled it. I'm currently using D-link through USB. It was working for me for 2 days but then it stopped working. Whenever I try to connect it says

The connection to "My Network Name" was cancelled
This might be due to timeout or user action.

My computer is saying that my network is available and Ethernet works. I did whole bunch of windows updates and installed all of the new software for the d-link. Still doesn't work.

What's weird is that it knows to ask for the wpa2personal encryption key. You type it in and it doesn't work.

Now I'm basically an amateur when it comes to computers so I don't know if I'm just missing something.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/trouble-connecting-to-internet-511650.html
Relevancy 62.35%

So here is the deal I have a PC with Windows XP I m currently using Google Chrome not quite sure on the Connecting Trouble to the Internet version I recently had some infected files One of which was supposedly Mcafee I put my computer in safe mode and ran an alternate virus scanning Trouble Connecting to the Internet program I have Malware several times and deleted all the infected material found For safe measure I also ran Mcafee while still in safe mode The program was still giving me problems however so I opted to just remove it from my computer entirely After restarting my computer to run normally I am unable to connect to the internet The wireless connection will appear up and running perfectly for a moment and then Trouble Connecting to the Internet say that I am out of the range of the router when I m sitting right next to it and begin searching for a new network It will find my network again after a moment and then drop it again This process repeats every minute or so My internet runs off a wireless router and my room mates have no problems connecting to the internet I ve tried connecting through Safari and Internet Explorer but neither are working I followed the help of posters on another site Click on Start -- gt Run -- gt type cmd and click on OK Type this command ipconfig all and press enter Make sure that IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway and DNS Servers are having addresses Click to expand I discovered that the I P Address Subnet Mask and Default Gateway are all without addresses And it has a DHCP Server address but I don t see DNS anywhere Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I m trying to get my computer up and running as quickly as possible so I can use it for work Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Trouble Connecting to the Internet

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2/SP3.

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands, each followed by the Enter key:

Note: Type only the text in bold for the following commands.

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults, type: netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults, type: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-connecting-to-the-internet.950180/
Relevancy 62.35%

Not sure what happened to my internet connection on one of my PC's but now it won't connect and the error message says "the remote device or resource won't accept the connection" then upon further checking it says "The device or resource (Search) is not set up to accept connections on port "The World Wide Web service (HTTP)". Then under detection details Network Diagnostics Log "BEC1E910-EAA2-4923-8B44-B5ABA9BB550D.DIAGNOSE.O.ETL" then in Other Networking Configuration and Logs it reads "NetworkConfiguration.cab"...so what are my options to get my internet connection back? I also did an "Ipconfig/release" then did "Ipconfig/renew" and also a "ping www.yahoo.com" with no errors so I'm at a loss what is the issue.

A:Trouble connecting to internet

Try this simple thing first and we can go from there: power cycle both the modem and router. Unplug the power to both of them for about a minute or so; then plug the modem back in first and let that fully boot; then plug the router back in and let that fully boot. Doing this will "reset" both the modem and router. Post back if this doesnt resolve the problem or mark it solved if it has.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/327578-trouble-connecting-internet.html
Relevancy 62.35%

For about two weeks I have been unable to connect my wireless Lenovo laptop to the Internet. The computer recognizes the three major wireless systems I use and will connect to two of them, but it will not make the conection to the Internet beyond the LAN. At home, it won't even connect to the system. It recognizes the system but won't make the connection, even though the router is working fine. I took the laptop to tech support at one institution, and they ran some tests, even connecting to a line to see what was happening. They were unable to resolve the problem, though they did say it appared that the computer won't recognize the IP address, and gets an error message 169(I think). Does anyone know what I might be able to do? The computer is pretty much worthless without this ability, which it had and which was working just fine till suddenly . . . Thanks!!

A:Trouble connecting to Internet

Which Lenovo model do you have?
You might benefit from signing up with a Thinkpad users group such as

http://stderr.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/thinkpad or search for

Thinkpad forums.

Some of the Lenovos have fairly special ethernet equipment, for which it takes some special experience, or a tech. These people on these forums are all specialized in various Thinkpads.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-connecting-to-internet.94367/
Relevancy 62.35%

G'day mates,

I have a wee bit of a problem, my Onboard LAN wont let me connect to the internet. I have spent many hours diagnosing, and attempting to correct the problem to no avail. However I am fairly sure someone with the correct knowledge will be able to guide my in the proper direction. What I've come down to is that somehow the LAN recognizes the cable being plugged in, I can ping my own IP Address, however I cant ping my gateway, that is to say No gateway is provided. I've tried everything from reinstalling drivers, tried the winxp drivers, checked bios for lan related stuff, and tried connecting directly to the modem instead of going through router.. still nothing. What exactly does the gateway do, how does it work, and Why am I not able to set one up or have it automatically detected?

A:Trouble Connecting to Internet

What router do you have?
(I know more questions)
What Motherboard? Is the lan gigabit? In the bios can you force it to 10/100?

Do you have norton or mcafee internet security, or anyother firewall type of software installed?

When you get to the properties of your lan connection is the IP address a 169.x.x.x number? Post back the answers, and it will be much easier to help

Thanks in Advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/trouble-connecting-to-internet-25822.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello As the title says I am having trouble Connecting Connecting Internet to the Trouble to the internet First I would like to say that I am not Near or in front the the Computer to Immediately Try something Now that s out of the way Its time for a story I know that it s long But I m really stumped on this one and I m trying to get the Simple Questions out of the way An Trouble Connecting to the Internet eldery Friend of mine wanted to get online for the First Time in his life so He asked me quot Would my Computer be strong enough quot I said quot I will have to come over and take a look quot When I got To His house The computer was An Old IBM GL As the one seen Here http compvter it wiki IBM GL The Computer had no Ethernet port So we went out And Got a PCI Ethernet card Plugged in the Card Then the Ethernet wire and For the First Time The IBM was Online Successfully However The Computer Did not have the Processing power to get online So I said quot I ll see what I can do quot Next Day I come back with a replacement Computer A Dell GX As Seen here http desktops productwiki com Trouble Connecting to the Internet dell-gx This Computer Was my Previous Home Theater Computer So Things were Uninstalled etc This Computer Successfully Connected to the Internet at Home Trouble Connecting to the Internet so I assumed no Problems When Everything was Plugged in It was now time to plug in the Ethernet Ethernet was plugged in and Limited Activity So the first Step I tried was to Simply restart the Computer One Reboot Later The same Result Next step Was I reset the Modem Battery was pulled as well Same Result Limited Activity So my next Step was I checked the TCP IP settings Everything was on Automatic So I assumed no Problem there Next Step was I put the PCI Ethernet Car from the Other Computer Into the Dell and see If it made a Difference Drivers for the card were Installed successfully Still the same Result Limited Activity My next step was calling Time Warner cable Talked to them and reset the Modem times and still no change So I suggested a Reformat of the Dell Next Day and One Format Later Come back with the Computer All updates Flash player Java Firefox WMP for Windows Xp were installed Offline Hook up everything and Still the same result No activity PCI Ethernet Card was Removed Next try was calling Time Warner again Tech support could find No problem with The Modem and could Successfully See The Computer Modem was reset again by them Just in case Still Nothing Next thing I tried was Ping the Computer itself Ping was Successful So the Ethernet port was good At this point I had No idea what Could be stopping from getting online I checked the Network Connection Status the IP Address was there It was Something like Submask was there and Nothing else No DNS Server or Default Gateway The Computer is not Connected to anything else but a Modem There was no log in info or CD that came with the Modem So I was Told I m really stuck with this one The Older Computer Connected Just Fine Why not the Newer one Computer Info IBM IBM GL Windows XP Pro SP MHz Pentium MB Ram Computer was used for reading and Typing Documents Nothing More Computer Info Dell Dell GX The Larger Tower Windows XP Home SP Fresh Install GHz Pentium MB Ram Things I have Tired with IBM Computer Install PCI Ethernet Card Plug in Ethernet Cord Connection Successful Things I have Tried With Dell Reset Modem Including pulling the Battery out Reset Computers BIOS to Default Reformatted Computer Installed PCI Ethernet Card Connected Computer successfully to Another Network Called Customer Support Renewed IP Address Times Made sure TCP IP setting were Automatic Tried Connecting to the settings page of the Modem Address Things That I have not Tried New Ethernet Wire Replacement Computer Replacement Modem Using my Network Tester Throwing Computer in a nearby Dumpster Attached to this post is a Picture of How the Home is Setup If you read through all this Props to you nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

ok so this computer has been connecting to the internet on a regular basis as of lately it has showed me that I have limited or no connectivity. it is properly connected I have tested the cable with another machine and it checked out ok and I did all the simple things like turning off the computer then reseting the modem. running windows repair. I discovered that it was not reciving an IP adress. so feeling in over my head I took it down to geek squad for free diagnostics. they said it was probably my ethernet card so i picked one up and replaced it still nothing now they are telling me its a virus.

so I dont know how to put this but HELLLLLLLP

RAM:4 gb
proceser: AMD turion x2

A:i am having trouble connecting to the internet

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (v1.41) and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.-- If Malwarebytes Anti-Malware results in any error messages, please refer to Fixes for common problems and Error Codes. Some issues with errors can be related to malware infection but others are not.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/270508/i-am-having-trouble-connecting-to-the-internet/
Relevancy 62.35%

My boyfriend is having trouble connecting to the router via ethernet cable in our new apartment. It is LAN, and he has a Gateway MX 6958 (uses XP). My laptop (uses Vista 64bit) connects to this router fine, and his connected to the router at the place he just moved out of fine...

We made sure that the TCP/IP settings were set to obtain IP address automatically, and obtain DNS server address automatically (as the instructions in the apartment said to). Also, I disabled his anti-virus software and the windows firewall. I tried renewing the IP address, but it said that it wasn't able to. It does seem to recognize the ethernet cable, but it just shows "Limited or no connectivity" no matter what I try.

I'm not really sure what to do, since it doesn't seem to be a problem with the router, and because it's working fine on my computer...

Thanks for any help :-)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/trouble-connecting-to-internet-325746.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello there I recently installed a new mouse and keyboard on this machine and I suddenly couldn't connect to the internet I did update the microsoft software for the keyboard even though it had already been installed Then all of a sudden it wouldn't let me connect to the internet I have tried numerous searches on spyware but to no avail However when I start in safe mode with networking which is what I am in now that's why I don't have the latest version of hijackthis due to the fact that I cannot download the latest version it seems to work but of course with the limited resources that safe mode gives Hijack this log as follows Sorry have to post in thread due to no attachment options available Thank To Trouble The Connecting Internet. you for any assistance you can give Moderator edit log post move to HJT forum for team review and member help jgweed Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Trouble Connecting To The Internet. Running processes C WINDOWS System smss Trouble Connecting To The Internet. exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Documents and Settings office-world Desktop HijackThis exeR Trouble Connecting To The Internet. - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www msn co ukO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeO - HKLM Run SmcService C PROGRA Sygate SPF smc exe -startguiO - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUPO - HKLM Run LogitechVideoRepair C Program Files Logitech Video ISStart exeO - HKLM Run LogitechVideoTray C Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exeO - HKLM Run MediaFace Integration C Program Files Fellowes MediaFACE SetHook exeO - HKLM Run BluetoothAuthenticationAgent rundll exe bthprops cpl BluetoothAuthenticationAgentO - HKLM Run Google Desktop Search quot C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe quot startupO - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run CTSysVol C Program Files Creative SBLive -Bit External Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe rO - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXEO - HKLM Run ATICCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe quot runtime -DelayO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeO - HKLM Run Sony Ericsson PC Suite quot C Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Application Launcher Application Launcher exe quot startoptionsO - HKLM Run Adobe Photo Downloader quot C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe quot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osbootO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run MSConfig C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe autoO - HKCU Run LDM C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exeO - HKCU Run googletalk quot C Program Files Google Google Talk googletalk exe quot autostartO - HKCU Run RemoteCenter C ... Read more

A:Trouble Connecting To The Internet.

Hi Soilfusion,Sorry for the delay, the forums are very busy. If you still need help, please do the following:Start MSConfig (Start, Run, type in msconfig, OK) and reset it to start normally -- Normal Startup radio button on the General tab. Click OK to close the program.Reboot the computer into Normal Mode. Don't open any programs. Start HijackThis, and run a scan. When finished, save the log to your desktop.Reboot into Safe Mode with Networking, and post the log to a reply here.Dave

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/72756/trouble-connecting-to-the-internet/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello my internet on my desktop recently stopped working so I have come having internet connecting the to trouble here looking for some help I have been looking all day for a solution but have unable to find one Basically earlier today my internet on my desktop stopped working Occasionally it will connect but doesn t stay connected for long I have a WRT G v router My desktop is a wired connection I also have laptop which i m on now and has no problems at all Whenever I click repair my connection it says quot Cannot communicated with Primary having trouble connecting to the internet DNS Server below that is says Network diagnostics pinged the remote host but did not receive a response Also my computer is running Vista I went ahead and did ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Owner gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Owner-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List gowavelength com Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix gowavelength com Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Networking Controller Physical Address - F-C - -C -F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday October PM Lease Expires Sunday October PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e f ff f a d Prefer red Link-local IPv Address fe f ff f a d Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Users Owner gt Any help at all would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

I'm trying to connect to the internet on my home PC with Windows XP. It's a Belkin Wireless Networking Utility 2.1. It has a screen and it's telling me my signal strength is the best, it's secure, but when connecting to the router, it won't connect for some reason. I've been having Belkin for a while now and it was working fine; did a System Restore like 30 minutes ago because MaCatte was on my PC and it was a backdoor trojan. So, I did that and now I still can't connect to my router. Any ideas?

Relevancy 62.35%

Hello everyone,

I must confess that I don't know much about computers. I called Toshiba's help desk this morning and I was told that they could fix the issue for $200. The problem is I'm a student and I don't have that amount of money just lying around. I'm hoping that someone here might be able to troubleshoot for me  if possible.

Basically, here's the problem I'm having:

I rebooted my laptop by reinstalling Windows 7 and now my laptop no longer recognizes any wireless networks (i.e. at home with a password guarded connection or at McDonald's with their free WIFI connection.)  The only option my laptop offers is to connect an Ethernet cable even though my laptop's wireless switch is on.

How do I connect to the internet via a wireless connection?

Thanks!

Justine

A:Trouble Connecting to the Internet

Hi justin

Can you post the message when your computer is unable to connect at home? Please post also the computer model/brand next time.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/488669/trouble-connecting-to-the-internet/
Relevancy 62.35%

I am having trouble connecting to the internet consistently on a Windows Pro machine that uses Qwest to access the internet and a Actiontec DSL Modem I sued a a serial usb cable from the DSL modem to my connecting Trouble to the internet computer When I type in ipconfig it notices the default gateway Sometimes it will connect without a problem Trouble connecting to the internet but most of the time Qwest Care notices that their was an issue connecting to a web page It runs a diagnostic and the majority of the time it says it was able to communicate with a web site www qwest com and a ip address Most of the time I still am not able to view a web site I use IE mainly but installed Firefox today but have yet to view pages in FF I have run ipconfig flushdns then icponfig release then ipconfig renew and still am not able to to web sites The number of bytes sent and received are either in or digit numbers when viewing the status of the connection Any suggestions to make this connection work consistently would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

it states that the problem is "the remote device or resource won't accept the connection"
what am i dealing with?

A:I AM HAVING TROUBLE CONNECTING TO MY INTERNET

First we need a little more info on what you are trying to do. If you are trying to connect wireless or bluetooth. Have you made sure that you hardware is enabled. Some laptops have an on/off wifi button as so do bluetooth. If you have tried all this it could be a bad card or bad driver. Try uninstalling the driver. http://www.petri.co.il/removing-old-drivers-from-vista-and-windows7.htm. Try to download a new driver from another pc. Use a flash drive. Also try a different WIFI card. Hope this helps. Also it could be that a malware changed your connection settings. Open explorer, then go to tools, at the bottom drop down click internet options., click the connections tab, make sure auto config is checked and that the other two boxes bellow are not checked. If the proxy is checked then you probly have a malware infection. Use malwarebytes to check and remove them. The best place to download stuff is download.com

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/357951/i-am-having-trouble-connecting-to-my-internet/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have my router on and PC saying I'm 'connected' but have no connection. Have changed firewall several times and same problem persists. Have to re-start PC [sometimes several times before I get a connection].

I use a D-link 502T [ADSL-2] and I had no problems with it before. There is no firmware updates.

Any ideas?

A:Trouble connecting to Internet

PS: I have even done a clean re-install of windows and still have the same problem This is a solid wired router, not wireless.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-connecting-to-internet.793106/
Relevancy 62.35%

System Dell Optiplex GX Windows XP SP A few days ago we had a storm come through that caused our internet connection to stop working on our desktop The desktop is currently connected to a Linksys WRT G wireless router and that connects to a Motorola SB SurfBoard cable modem All of our laptops are connecting to the internet properly but for some reason the desktop will not connect Do you know what might be causing this or how we could fix it Some additional information I tried setting a static ip address with information matching the laptop that is currently connected to the internet This caused the local area connection to say quot Connected internet Trouble to connecting the Firewalled quot but I was still unable to connect to the internet I also tried setting the LAN to obtain information automatically flushed the dns released the ip address and attempted to renew the ip address but I got the following response Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings default gt ipconfig flushdns Windows IP Configuration Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache C Documents and Settings default gt ipconfig release Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Local Area connection High Trouble connecting to the internet Speed Internet Connection-specific DNS Suffix IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway C Documents and Settings default gt ipconfig renew Windows IP Configuration An error occurred Trouble connecting to the internet while renewing interface Local Area connection High Speed Internet unable to contact your DHCP server Request has timed out C Documents and Settings default gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Playroom Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area connection High Speed Internet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetXtreme xx Gigabit Controller Physical Address -xx-xx-xx-xx-xx Dhcp Enabled Yes Trouble connecting to the internet Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address x xx Subnet Mask Default Gateway I also tried resetting the TCP IP by running the netsh utility at the following website http support microsoft com default b en-us None of the above has worked so any information is appreciated Thanks in advance

A:Trouble connecting to the internet

Windows XP
Open up a command prompt (Start > Run > CMD)
Type the bolded commands in the command prompt window:

Reset TCP/IP Stack: netsh int ip reset reset.log
Reset WINSOCK entries: netsh winsock reset catalog

When finished reboot

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/trouble-connecting-to-the-internet-393086.html
Relevancy 62.35%

And I m SICK of it I ve had this problem since November Back when I got my Actiontec GT WGB router modem It s one of those ones that doubles as a router modem My ISP is Verizon I have McAfee is my anti-virus Every time I try to connect it says quot A connection error has with Having internet to PSP. trouble my the connecting occurred The connection point has timed out quot I use channel Having trouble connecting to the internet with my PSP. have a byte encrypted WEP key Yesterday I found a neighbors connection connected just fine and it had a signal strength of about Why on earth can t I connect to my ONE HUNDRED PERCENT CONNECTION BUT I CAN CONNECT TO A FORTY PERCENT CONNECTION Sorry I ve been really frustrated EVERYTHING can connect to my router EXCEPT my PSP MY PS my parent s computer my smartphone AND my DS can all connect Here s a list of what I ve done Opened ports in my router TCP UDP MAC filtering Turned off firewall quot Power Washed quot my modem Turned off my WEP encryption When I do this and try to connect my PSP my PSP gives me a long message basically saying quot Check your internet s security settings quot Tried to update my Modems firmware today and it wouldn t update so I assume it s fine Before I got this new router I could connect perfectly fine with my old separate router and modem combo Please help me I m at the end of my wits nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

I am running 2 computer from a router. My problem is my main computer connected to the Internet can access all the web pages and open Internet explorer. And my second computer says when I load Internet Explorer says Failed to Load the page. What is weird is the second computer can still connect to the chatting service AOL but cant load any web pages. Why is this happening? Sorry for my last thread about IP changing........

A:Trouble Connecting To Internet*

Are you using a router to share the connection??? Check you internet options.

Select tools from the top of the browser and select internet options. Select the connections tab. Remove any of the Dial up and VPNs that you do not use. The ones you should get rid of are ones that say "broadband connection" and anything that has your ISP's name. THen select LAN settings and uncheck everything.

Mind you this is for a connection through a braodband router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-connecting-to-internet.374612/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi

This is my first post so I hope I am in the right place!!
My sister has just connected to Sky Broadband but is having problems connecting to the internet both via ethernet cable and Wireless on her laptop.
I think that the connection and router are fine as the X box internet connection works fine.
The Laptop is saying that that there is a connection but we cannot access the internet.
I have tried bringing the laptop to my house and it will connect to my router too but we still cannot access the internet.
The Laptop is on Windows Vista.
I have spoken to sky and after forty minutes on the phone doing different things I was mysteriously cut off?!? Can't face another call so I thought I'd ask for your help lol!!
Any help gratefully received!!
Thank you

Terriex

Relevancy 62.35%

I have an older Gateway computer (about 4 years old). Anyway i have Free Wi Fi available at my apartment complex and it worked great for all these years until Windows Vista had to be reinstalled because of some bad spyware in the computer. Anyway now the internet chooses when it wants to connect and I can't even log in to my email or Facebook page, without the Page Cannot Be Displayed page. I even got help over the phone and they told me to uninstall the Wi Fi driver and reinstall it. That doesn't work either. Can anyone out there possibly know what is going on? This is actually my Girlfriend's computer. My Netbook and my BlackBerry even connect just fine to the WI FI network at my apartment.

A:Trouble Connecting to Internet Via Wi-FI

if you click start>connect to, does the router show up there?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/trouble-connecting-to-internet-via-wi-fi-567638.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi! I have trouble connecting to the internet. I recently reinstalled my computer's operating system to windows xp. I have a Pentium 3.06 Toshiba satellite a25-s3072. After installation, I noticed that  is not connected to the internet and there is no audio coming from the speaker. Please can anyone help me. thanks. awaiting your response.

A:trouble connecting to the internet using win xp

First make sure your XP install is updated to SP3. Also update your IE to v8. If you current version of XP is SP1, 1a, or 2 you can install Sp3. If your current version of XP does not have a service pack you will need to download and install SP2 before SP3.

Are there any yellow exclamation marks in Device Manager. If there are then right click each device and select Properties. Under the Details tab select Hardware IDs in the dropdown box. Copy and paste the first line for each device into your next post.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/626746/trouble-connecting-to-the-internet-using-win-xp/
Relevancy 61.49%

i have a question to ask i have a laptop is a pentium 4 windows xp home edition i am tryeing to connect it to my internet but im having trouble doing so i have a broadband connection i plug in the laptop and all it does is have a local connection and i cant get on to the internet or windows live messenger or etc... does any one pleas ehave some advise

A:Having trouble connecting my laptop to the internet

Is it Ethernet?

go into Control Panel, Network Connections, Local Area Connection & Right Click. Choose Properties, Highlight Internet ProtocolTCP/IP and make sure it's set to automatically obtain IP & DNS addresses.

See what it's set at, if it's already at Auto for both, let us know

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-trouble-connecting-my-laptop-to-the-internet.90791/
Relevancy 61.49%

I am really hoping someone can help me wirelessly internet the to trouble connecting out I have tried to solve this problem but can t here it goes I recently just got comcast internet connection at home Last time i didnt have to do anything the people came in and set up everything This time my roomie said he had a router so we refrained from renting one from comcast I set up the router a few days ago it s a belkin wireless g router by the way After set up i was able to connect to the internet wireless on my laptop but that only lasted a night The next day it wouldn t connect I thought it was the router till my roomie was able to connect So i tried the comcast doctor thing to troubleshoot and it said the following messages Troubleshooting Connection DHCP The Network Diganosis and Repair Wizard has determined that a network card is incorrectly configured The card should be able to receive a new network address each time it connects to the Internet Instead it is setup to use a fixed address at all times The Network Diagnosis and Repair Wizard will reconfigure the network cards to use a new network address each time it connects to the Internet Click Next to reconfigure your network devices and verify network connectivity resetting your network address restarting your network adapter I use a laptop xp Troubleshooting got me nowhere and so did researching online so i welcome any advice Thanks guys nbsp

A:trouble connecting to the internet wirelessly

strange, nobody cared enough to reply..or i it that nobody knows?

seriously doubt that

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-connecting-to-the-internet-wirelessly.605284/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have a Sony Laptop PCG 9J5L running Windows XP that is about 6 years old. I restored the laptop to its original settings because it was too slow and bogged down with problems. After restoring I had to search far and wide for a driver for my wireless card (Xircom Creditcard CWE1100). Now I have the driver installed but when I pull up the network connections page I am unable to find connections that I was able to connect to the day before. Any help would be appreciated.
RR

A:Trouble Connecting to Internet After Restoring

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type devmgmt.msc

Please respond to all the following steps.
Under Network adapters, please tell me all the devices listed.
Are there any devices under Network adapters that have a red x displayed?
Also, are there any devices anywhere in the Device Manager display with yellow ? or ! displayed?
Let's see this as well.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-connecting-to-internet-after-restoring.815514/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi I ve starting having trouble connecting to the internet with programs internet to via connecting trouble certain certain programs in the past few days My normal internet connection trouble connecting to internet via certain programs works fine - browsers downloading updating programs such as antivirus or spyware programs and other basic stuff But when it comes to programs such as torrents Battle net or some of my instant messaging programs icq qip miranda I always get the same error after waiting dozens trouble connecting to internet via certain programs of seconds to connect quot unable to establish connection timed out quot etc I don t get trouble connecting to internet via certain programs it Why is my browser be it Mozilla Opera or IE working perfectly but I can t seem to connect to the internet through other means Am I missing something It really came out of the blue One day everything worked and now it doesn t I ve tried searching for viruses and spyware and malware and that sort of stuff but my computer seems to be clean and runs perfectly apart from the connection problem Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this Thank you for any help you can give me

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/259920/trouble-connecting-to-internet-via-certain-programs/
Relevancy 61.49%

hey iam havin problems connecting to the internet it is really starting to piss me off now every time i turn my pc off at the wall then turn it bk on 30mins l8a iam unable to connected to the internet a have tryed using the windows xp help and support but tht is no use . I have the blue yonder broadband internet but i dont use tht since the internet can connected with out installing there software on the cd if anyone nos why my internet is sayin page cannot be displayed plz feel free to post bk thanks

the lights on the modem also dont light up the send and recevie

but the fun thing is after about 15-20mins of tryin to solve the problem the internet just comes on its says something about detecting proox settings

well cacth ya l8a happy gaming!

peace

A:Trouble connecting to the internet on start up

Please try to refrain from swearing in your thread. We all know how mad computers can make you feel. Also, this isnt a chat room, please try spelling your words out, it makes it easier for us to read.

Quote:

every time i turn my pc off at the wall then turn it bk on 30mins l8a iam unable to connected to the internet

Why you are turning the computer off by the wall. The proper way to shut down a computer is via the Start button.

Quote:

the lights on the modem also dont light up the send and recevie

Well right there tells me your modem is not working properly. The lights should be lit reguardless if your on the computer or not.
Check the power connection to the modem. If it is plugged in and you have not power then your modem is your issue.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/trouble-connecting-to-the-internet-on-start-up-94566.html
Relevancy 61.49%

So, I just reinstalled Windows XP on my old computer (a Dell Dimensions 4600) and I'm trying to connect to the internet using a Cable Modem (RCA DCM325). I reinstalled the NIC driver, and Network Connections is telling me that I'm connected (and I have an IP number, etc), but when I open a browser or other program that requires a connection, I get an error saying that I'm not connected.

I'm certain that it isn't the modem, as I'm using the same modem on the computer that I'm using to type this, and it obviously works fine.

I have the feeling that I'm missing something very obvious, but I'm not sure what. :(

Any help would be very much appreciated

A:Trouble connecting to internet after XP reinstall

Hi Honkbag, welcome to TSF..

Is your browser set to work in 'offline mode'? When you click File is there a check next to 'Work offline'? If there is, uncheck it and restart IE to see if that helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/trouble-connecting-to-internet-after-xp-reinstall-241072.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hey

Well my problem is when I have one laptop (Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit) connected to my router everything is fine. But when I connect another laptop (Windows 7 Home Premium 32Bit) to the same router it disconnects the router from my 64Bit laptop. Also if the 32Bit computer switches off its Wireless and uses a Ethernet Cable it works fine for BOTH laptops.

When the PS3 is also connected and the 32Bit laptop is connected to the router the PS3 doesn't connect to the router.

Any Thoughts?

Thanks

A:Trouble connecting to the internet with 2 laptops

This is a great tutorial by Dinesh: Internet Troubleshooting Guide

It pertains mostly to not being able to connect at all, but many components of it should fix your problem, like renewing your ip address, etc. Let mek now how it goes!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/239877-trouble-connecting-internet-2-laptops.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Suddenly this morning, my Internet connection seemed VERY slow. I called the cable company and ran through some procedures such as flushing DNS (or DNC?), resetting the modem, etc., but it still slow. Takes what seems forever to load a Web page. What is the likely issue? (OS is Windows 7)

Relevancy 61.49%

PLEASE HELP I m at my wits end with all this I have an HP Pavillion dv w ith Windows My internet LAN via Trouble connecting AND to Wifi internet was working this morning my laptop died recharged it and turned it back on and internet was not working anymore Trouble connecting to internet via Wifi AND LAN WiFi and connection through Ethernet was not working It s not my router modem since I can connect to the internet WiFi and Ethernet with my phone and another laptop I did a power cycle anyways but nothing I also tried connecting to another WiFi that is within my range and same result I can usually connect to it as my back up and can with other devices as well I am getting a quot Limited access quot with everything I do I Trouble connecting to internet via Wifi AND LAN ran troubleshooter and it said that that quot There might be a problem with the driver for the Wireless Network Connection adapter quot My network adapters are Ralink RT b g WiFi adapter and Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller for Local Area Connection Neither of them have a yellow triangle with a quot quot I even updated these drivers with the latest versions from the manufacturer websites Nothing Restarted my computer Nothing Enabled disabled the connection Nothing I then uninstalled each driver restarted my computer let them re-install and still nothing In Wireless Network Connection Properties quot Internet Protocol Version TCP IPv quot and quot Internet Protocol Version TCP IPv quot are both checked and they both are set to quot Obtain an IP address automatically quot and quot Obtain DNS server address automatically quot In quot Advanced TCP IP Settings quot on the quot IP Settings quot tab it shows quot DHCP Enabled quot Here s my ipconfig all which seems wrong since it s so short C Users Owner gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name TonyHP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Trouble connecting to internet via Wifi AND LAN

I have seen a firewall cause this

also we would need to know what services are running - see below

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, kaspersky or Mcafee or any free security suites like zonealarm, AVG , Webroot etc

do a tcp/ip reset

------------------------------------------------------------------------

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8

For Windows Vista/Windows 7
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on the screen ):​
For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands:

Note: Type only the text in bold and red for the following commands.
Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog and press enter

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log and press enter

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log and press enter
​ReStart (reboot) the machine.

If you receive the message
The requested operation requires elevation.
Then please open the command prompt as administrator - as requested above
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):
​Please note and post back - if you receive the following message :-
Access is Denied

please post back the results in a reply here - its important we know that these commands have worked correctly and not produced any errors
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Details also here
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357
also the link has a Microsoft Fix it , which will do the above for you

Status of Services

We would like to see some status information for each of the services listed below.

To do this goto

Start> Run {search bar in Vista/W7}> type CMD to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

Type the following command
SERVICES.MSC

OR
Control Panel>
Administrative Tools>
Services>

for windows 8
Windows+R keys to open the Run dialog
Type the following command
SERVICES.MSC

then for each of the services listed below - Please post back the following status information;
If the service is set to Started or Stopped
and
If the service is set to Automatic or Manual
COM+ Event System (for WZC issues)
Computer Browser
DHCP Client
DNS Client
Network Connections
Network Location Awareness
Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
Server
TCP/IP Netbios helper
Wireless Zero Configuration (XP wireless configurations only)
WLAN AutoConfig (Windows 7 & Vista wireless configurations only)
Workstation
If any of those services are not started/running,
then right click on the service
then from the menu choose properties and now check the dependencies.

for each dependency entry - Check each of one of the dependencies and see which one is preventing the service from running/starting.

---------
Services - Fabar Service Scanner, free

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-connecting-to-internet-via-wifi-and-lan.1119525/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello A while ago my Sony Vaio which uses Windows stopped connecting to the internet I have had the laptop for just over a year and haven t had any problems since now I live in New Zealand internet Trouble laptop to connecting on my the and am connected to the Telecom network There doesn t seem to be a problem with the modem as other laptops and smart phones can successfully connect The Trouble connecting to the internet on my laptop only problem is if I try and connect my laptop the other computers cannot connect My internet security recently expired so my laptop was unprotected for a while before I downloaded another programme I thought it could be a virus that is causing the problem So if I turn my laptop on it will say that it is fully connected to the internet but if I click on Google Chrome or Internet Explorer it will partially load the page and then after a minute or so it will change to limited access If I try to reconnect it will come up with a message saying that it cannot connect and suggest to trouble shoot of which does not work However if I do not click on a web browser my laptop will successfully connect to spotify and itunes store but as soon as I try to connect to a web browser these other programmes will stop working I have tried connecting with no other devices turned on or connected and my laptop still won t connect I have tried turning the modem on and off and leaving it for a while I have just got back from a weeks holiday and my laptop is the same as it was when I went away I hope this is enough information as I am not very tech savvy so if anyone has any ideas to help me that would be great Thanks nbsp

A:Trouble connecting to the internet on my laptop

Did you uninstall the old "internet security" before installing the new one?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-connecting-to-the-internet-on-my-laptop.1113681/
Relevancy 61.49%

Alright (Wireless) Trouble connecting to internet the guys PLEASE help me out here I'm going insane trying Trouble connecting to the internet (Wireless) to figure this out lol I have a Belkin USB Wireless Adapter F D In Windows I can install the adapter fine And I can get to where my available networks are showing The problem is when I try to connect to my home network it says quot Windows is unable to connect to lt my network gt quot What is frustrating is that I've been able to connect to my home network a few times but it only connects for a couple of minutes and then the connection is gone I've gone to Belkin's website and I have the drivers etc and when I go to Start gt Devices and Printers I can even see the Belkin USB Adapter so I know it's installed right One thing though is it says the after the Belkin USB adapter in the Devices amp Printers Idk if this is anything important Here is my PC info Processor name Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz Processor speed Processor vendor GenuineIntel Processor count cores Processor ID Intel Family Model Stepping RAM size GB DirectX version HDD - Windows partition GB HDD - Largest disk GB Video RAM MB Windows version Windows

A:Trouble connecting to the internet (Wireless)

So wen you connected to your home wireless network, it initially connects and then after a period of time it disconnects and the network disappears altogether?

Can you screenshot these:
1) Network connections. (click on the Change adapter settings on Network and Sharing Centre).
2) Manage Wireless Networks (click on the Manage Wireless Networks on Network and Sharing Centre).
3) ipconfig /all (At command prompt type: ipconfig /all)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/62531-trouble-connecting-internet-wireless.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I've read some cases where some thinkpad laptops would cause some sort of issue with internet connectivity. When connecting, it would crash the internet all together so other devices in my house would not be able to connect, basically like a dos attack. From the other cases I've seen it is due to something called LenovoEMC/discover.exe but I can't find it in the task manager. The only thing that I can think is that it has to do something with my internet provider as this issue does not occur when I was at my friends house (different provider). If the issue is due to something involving my provider what do I say when I call and if not that help pls.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Trouble-connecting-to-internet-wireless/td-p/3389661
Relevancy 61.49%

I have recently acquired a laptop for my son from a relative. I am having trouble connecting to the internet. It will not pick up my wireless network, although it shows lots of other available networks in the area. My sister never had a problem with it before. She used wireless hotspots mainly to connect. Have you any idea what we are doing wrong????

Relevancy 61.49%

My laptop A Samsung NP P C-S AU running windows home premium is not connecting to the modem which is a D-link DSL- B-F For the past few weeks I have been able to fix this by resetting the modem restarting the laptop and I also did a full restore on the laptop as well as completely reset the modem and updated the firmware I ve also tried two different wireless security settings WPA and WPA neither of which have fixed the problem though surprisingly it did work for a few days when changing over to to WPA For the past couple of days the laptop has not been able to connect to the internet apart from a few times where the connection lasted - minutes We have multiple computers and portable devices in the house all of trouble the having to Laptop internet connecting which don t seem to have any issue connecting to the internet so I m not sure what the problem could be Any advice would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

My PC has had trouble connecting for years. It was sporadic at first but seemed to get worse over time and now it will not connect at all. I think someone banged into the antenna on the back a long time ago but I'm not sure if that's the problem. I has a wireless card, not sure if that might have been going bad? I am very computer illiterate and don't want to pay Dell $90 to help me over the phone since it is an older computer (4 yrs) and I don't use it much. Thanks for your time and help!

Relevancy 61.49%

i have the same router and same problem have tried everything i can think of and nothing

Relevancy 61.49%

So I am in Japan with an obviously Japanese ISP I have a DLINK DIR- Router My router worked fine at a previous Japanese apartment I just plugged in the modem connected the router and presto However since I moved and recently got my internet hooked up my router has stopped connecting me to the internet If I plug my computer directly into my modem everything is fine When I plug my router into my modem then try to access the internet either wirelessly or wired through the router through Router Internet to Trouble Connecting I cannot I can connect to the router fine just the internet THROUGH the router is unavailable I have tried power cycling I have tried resetting my wireless router completely to default settings and nothing seems to resolve the issue The only way I can successfully connect to the internet is by directly hooking into the modem Then it is pain-free Some Possibly Useful Information Local Connection WHEN Successfully Connected to the Internet Via Modem ONLY Connection-specific DNS Suffix tcn ne jp Description Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS Physical Address amp BC-AE-C - B- -CB DHCP Enabled Yes IPv Address x x IPv Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Trouble Connecting to Internet through Router Friday Trouble Connecting to Internet through Router November PM Lease Expires Friday November PM IPv Default Gateway IPv DHCP Server IPv DNS Servers IPv WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f da a b ae IPv Default Gateway IPv DNS Server DLINK ROUTER Info when Connected Wirelessly but NO access to internet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address amp - D- - - -E DHCP Enabled Yes IPv Address IPv Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday November PM Lease Expires Saturday November PM IPv Default Gateway IPv DHCP Server IPv DNS Server IPv WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a a a IPv Default Gateway IPv DNS Server My Router is currently WPA protected but even without any security measures still no connection is available I would greatly appreciate ANY forthcoming help in this matter and will provide any additional information to the best of my ability when needed Cheers nbsp

Relevancy 61.06%

I bought a new Acer E1-532 laptop last week, because my HP crashed. This product had good reviews online so I decided to purchase it. However, it has a lot of trouble staying connected to the internet. It doesn't seem to reach very far. I also often have to reset my router from my laptop, because it loses connection. It will often show that my laptop is connected to the router, but the router isn't connected to the internet even though other computers aren't having a problem connecting. I never had this problem with my old laptop. When I look up network adapters I see I have Broadcom NetLink ™ Gigabit Ethernet and Qualcomm Atheros AR956x Wireless Network Adapter. I don't know if these are junk or not, but I've never had a problem with laptops connecting to the internet for 10 years and I can't imagine the technology on this new computer would be any worse. Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/624161/new-acer-aspire-e1-532-has-trouble-connecting-to-the-internet/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello hello I ve just installed windows XP onto my IMac connecting internet needed Trouble (help the ASAP) to as there are some programs that i now require for my graphical design Trouble connecting to the internet (help needed ASAP) work that only work on Windows Unfortunately when i load windows i m unable to join my normal wireless network I haven t used windows in a while so figuring out how to connect has been nothing short of a Trouble connecting to the internet (help needed ASAP) Herculean ordeal I ve followed various troubleshooting guides and all have proved as useless as each other I was told to go control panel - network connections and then to click on quot wireless network connections quot unfortunately no such button exists in the network connections window Is it not possible to use the internet on windows if its on a mac or is there some sort of update or driver i need to get Any help would be greatly appreciated as my graphic design work is suffering immensely from having to constantly shift from windows to OSX just to get on the web Thanks again nbsp

A:Trouble connecting to the internet (help needed ASAP)

You actually provided no useful information to help solve the issue.

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands on separate lines, following each one with the Enter key:

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-connecting-to-the-internet-help-needed-asap.788254/
Relevancy 61.06%

My problem has only just started, dont know why, but when I click on the brower icon in quick launch it sometimes cannot connect, I get an IP address in the status bar together with a search icon? and it just hangs.

If I close the browser and try again eventually it will go in, sometimes straight away, sometimes it can take 5 attempts, once in then all other links work fine and surfing is OK.

Any ideas would be welcome.

Thanks

A:Trouble with Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 Connecting

You could have a browser hijack.

Do you have Ccleaner or some other temp file cleaner, do a clean up of your drive.

What antivirus are you running?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-with-microsoft-internet-explorer-8-connecting.1052054/
Relevancy 61.06%

I've had my computer MSi GT NC since August of last year In the last month I noticed that after turning on my computer sometimes I can only go to the first sites I computer worse has it's Internet, and My trouble the had connecting gotten to went to For example if I turned on my computer went to techsupportforum Google Bing StackOverflow and Spotify I would only be able to go to those websites in particular I could fix this by restarting and it only My computer has had trouble connecting to the Internet, and it's gotten worse happened about once a week so I ignored it for the most part Recently however it's gotten progressively worse even to the point that restarting does not fix it The only way I've found that fixes it is to just leave the computer alone for minutes I'm really confused at what is happening I'm running Windows bit and here's a screenshot of my computer's specs probably not relevant just wanted to post it just in case Also I've tested it out and it's not just the web browser If I open cmd and use ping or ipconfig it doesn't work Here's an example ping one site that did work one that did not and here's an example tracert that did not work If I forgot any important details just let me know Thanks in advance

A:My computer has had trouble connecting to the Internet, and it's gotten worse

moving to Networking Forum for better results.
Can you provide the information in this link in your next post? Pre-posting Requirements - for both Wired and Wireless Connectivity Issues

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/my-computer-has-had-trouble-connecting-to-the-internet-and-its-gotten-worse-689930.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi Alright well my problem is that I have a connection to the internet with connecting to through wirelessly! internet my the Trouble router my desktop using an ethernet cord but i am unable to connection with my laptop using wireless I was able to access it but I think I may have messed with the settings at some point recently The linksys technical support can not help me because my router is just barely over years old What I've done already is reset my router to its default settings But this caused a new problem You know in the network and sharing center it shows you a diagram of your pc - gt your network - gt Intenet Well the connection from my pc to the network is green but the connection from the network to the internet has a red X on it However my desktop is connected to the internet right now None of the diagnosis helped me Also my signal strength is excellent What else can I do -M A punk

A:Trouble connecting to the internet through my router wirelessly!

Did you start with a firmware upgrade of the router? How about disabling all encryption to get it working?

Let's see this for the machine.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f135/trouble-connecting-to-the-internet-through-my-router-wirelessly-270586.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I had to do a destructive system recovery and revert from Windows 7 to Windos XP (Couldnt find Windows 7 disc) Anyways, Now I can't connect to internet at all, my Network Connections window is blank. I think I need some Drivers but I dont know what to install. I'm kind of a computer noob haha. Thanks for any help.

A:Did System Recover, Having Trouble connecting to Internet

After installing XP, did you run all Windows Updates? It's a shame you reformatted the HD, since there was probably a manufacturers Recovery Partition on it, which would have returned your computer to its original state when purchased.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/did-system-recover-having-trouble-connecting-to-internet-634175.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I m not sure if this is connecting to different router/internet computers Trouble via the right place to post this so if Trouble connecting to router/internet via different computers I Trouble connecting to router/internet via different computers m in the wrong subforum please let me know I m having a problem with my Compaq Presaio v I ve just recently switched my routers to my new ISP s own router On my computer when the ethernet cable is connected it does not detect it and therefore I cannot connect to the internet On a different computer it detects it fine and so I m able to access through LAN It may be a software problem I ve repaired my winsock as I ve just recently suffered from a trojan attack and so that rules out the possibility of a corrupted winsock I ve disabled my AVG firewall and have uninstalled Spybot S amp D I am still unable to connect to the computer On the other computer I can connect through a cable when I try to connect via wireless the router s SSID doesn t appear when I m trying to find a network Could someone possibly help me out I ve been driving myself crazy over this nbsp

A:Trouble connecting to router/internet via different computers

Try un-installing AVG (disabling is not ideal, and never works strangely)

Also ethernet connections are not detected as a new device, but if the ethernet cable is connected you should at least get a little green light on the Router, if not try changing the ethernet data cable.

This could also be a disabled Lan connection in your system. Check Network connections that nothing is disabled (usually just right click on it)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-connecting-to-router-internet-via-different-computers.117394/
Relevancy 61.06%

hello guys, im new to the forums, nice to meet you all. but ive came across this problem that i dont know how to fix. before all this happen, my internet connection through another network starts up when i start up my laptop, but ever since i uninstalled a program my connection to the network disapeared. i tried doing "setup a home or small office network" to try and fix it like i usually do, but no icon appears in my tray or in my network connections. i tried asking my brother to help me fix it, he tried doing stuff on his computer, the one i connect from, but he says he doesnt know whats the problem. i need your help please

Relevancy 61.06%

Yoga 3 Pro-1370 Laptop (Lenovo)  Windows 10 64 bit

This is most frustrating.   Since my husband's HP isn't having any issues, it must be my laptop.    I tried to run a diagnostic to see if I need updates, and apparently I am not eligible to do that because my warranty is out of date.   As much as I paid for this laptop, I can't believe I am having problems and can't even run a diagnostic.  Do I need to download the broadband patch in the list?   What is the matter with this computer?  

Moderator comment: Model added to subject for clarity.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-3-Pro-Trouble-connecting-to-internet-wireless/td-p/3442088
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi, i have just bought an odys internet radio and cannot connect to my Belkin ADSL2+ Modem with High-Speed Mode Wireless-G Router.

It finds the router and i type in my WPA password but it will not go any further.

This is not the only problem I am having with my router, which I can only use for accessing the internet etc... but not to network for files or printer.
We have pc using xp which is wired to the router, laptop wireless connection with vista, and nintendo wii connected.

any ideas???

Relevancy 60.2%

I have been using a four-port Linksys router for several years, without issue. Now, we want to add a fifth device to our LAN. Rather than buy a new router, I thought I could just get a cheaper 4-5 port Linksys Switch to extend the number of ports available to the LAN. So, I have the switch plugged into the router, and I have a XP Pro machine plugged into the switch. Basically, the XP Pro machine recognizes that it's been plugged into something, because there's no 'X' over the LAN icon. However, even though it recognizes the LAN connection, it won't connect to the internet.

Anyone have any advice? It would be much appreciated.

A:Trouble connecting to the internet via a linksys switch and router...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-connecting-to-the-internet-via-a-linksys-switch-and-router.590663/
Relevancy 60.2%

I just switched from Clear to CenturyLink DSL internet about a week ago Westel Model modem router and ever since then my work laptop has been having trouble connecting to the internet both wirelessly and through LAN Every other device in my home works absolutely fine and my laptop is able to connect to other wireless networks no problem I am able to connect with my work laptop to my home internet occasionally I am on it now but after a few hours I always get kicked off again I ve figured out that if I remove my new network from my Preferred Networks list and reboot my computer then reconnect to my network I can get on for a few hours But I always get kicked off again and I have to repeat this process When I get kicked off my wireless icon indicates that I am connected to the network with excellent connectivity but I have no internet and no browser pages open I contacted my company s tech support about this and their solution was to send me a brand new computer Great for me since my old one was a dinosaur but this new computer has the exact same issue as my old one I don t want to have to restart my computer every few hours just to get internet Any ideas I am completely baffled but think that there must be some setting on my computer put in place by my company s IT department that does not connecting to laptop work home internet Trouble mesh with this new internet Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel Pentium III Trouble connecting work laptop to home internet Xeon processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ConfigMgr Remote Control Driver Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc GJF Antivirus Symantec Endpoint Protection Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

A:Trouble connecting work laptop to home internet

Hello!

Our DSL escalation team would be happy to take a lot into this. There may be something we can do to get it fixed for you. Send our team an email with the details and we'll get started!

[email protected]

Best regards,
-Doug

@Centurylinkhelp Team

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-connecting-work-laptop-to-home-internet.1040331/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello Today when I turned on my XPS desktop vista home connecting directly into Trouble the router) to Internet (plugged premium it would not connect to the Internet My connections window shows Access local only On my wire router control page it does not show that my XPS is turned on or connected to the router even though it is on and plugged directly into it with an ethernet cable I am attaching a log of Trouble connecting to the Internet (plugged directly into router) my ipconfig all to see if that helps clarify anything any ideas thanks Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Matt gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Matts-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - E- C-CD- -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Networking Controller Physical Address - -E Trouble connecting to the Internet (plugged directly into router) - -F -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f c c e a c Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Trouble connecting to the Internet (plugged directly into router) Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F E-FB C- - D -FF E CB br D Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap DDA - - DCF-B A - E br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F E-FB C- - D -FF E CB br D Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Matt gt nbsp

A:Trouble connecting to the Internet (plugged directly into router)

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista or Windows 7.

Start, All Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands, each followed by the Enter key:

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-connecting-to-the-internet-plugged-directly-into-router.911733/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello!

I recently bought a Tenda W311R Wireless-N Broadband Router so I could set up a Wireless Internet connection for my PS3, while still being able to go online with the computer. I have followed the wizard, but I have yet to connect to the internet using 3 different browsers: IE, Firefox, and the AOL browser. My network connections say I am connected but when I go on with the browser it says that I am unable to connect.

I am using a DSL modem to connect to the internet, a Siemen SpeedStream 4100.
Can someone help this novice out of this jam?

-Thank you!

A:Solved: Having trouble connecting to the internet with new Wireless Router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-having-trouble-connecting-to-the-internet-with-new-wireless-router.894772/
Relevancy 59.77%

As the title describes im trying to use my old router that i had which would work perfectly fine but ever since i got this new fios from verizon i cant seem to get it to work i do everything it tells me to.. ive even been on the phone with d-links tech support and they dont know what to do so if anyone could help i would be grateful

right now i can seem to identify the problem

WAN

Connection Type : DHCP Client
Cable Status : Connected
Network Status : Establishing (please wait...)
Connection Up Time : N/A

Authentication & Security : N/A
IP Address : 0.0.0.0
Subnet Mask : 0.0.0.0
Default Gateway : 0.0.0.0
Primary DNS Server : 0.0.0.0
Secondary DNS Server : 0.0.0.0
Bigpond Server : Disabled

before when i was on comcast the network status was normal and to get that i needed to reset the modem but for fios there is no modem so any input to help me with my problem will help

A:Trouble connecting D-link dgl-4100 router to new fios internet

try unplugging the modem from the router, then reset the modem. once the modem has returned to a working state (you can tell by the indicator LEDs), plug it back in to the router. usually this clears up problems of this nature, but if you miss a setting somewhere it will never work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-connecting-d-link-dgl-4100-router-to-new-fios-internet.60876/
Relevancy 59.77%

It's a gateway laptop, I have Windows XP Professional version 2002 service pack 1

I want to connect it online so I can update it, but when I plug in my Ethernet cable, nothing really happens. On my desktop, my ISP is Optimum Online. I tried installing optimum online on my laptop, but I can't get it connected. It referred my to some driver installations, I installed all of them and it's still not connecting.

If there is anything else needed, please ask.

A:Solved: Having trouble connecting Laptop to the internet using a cable modem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-having-trouble-connecting-laptop-to-the-internet-using-a-cable-modem.628764/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi I have just recently build a new desktop around weeks ago it has been working fine till or days ago My computer will hang at random timings sometimes just while in loading up a game and sometimes - minutes into the game Another issue is that there seem to be some problem with the ethernet connection and to random Hangs at internet Computer timings trouble connecting my computer refuses to connect to the internet Computer Hangs at random timings and trouble connecting to internet on startup unidentified network limited and requires me to plug unplug the ethernet cable from the ethernet port of my computer multiple times before being able to connect I decided to do fresh install of windows to see if it helped but after installing my motherboard drivers while downloading the driver for my graphic card my computer froze again System Windows Home Processor Intel reg Core i - K CPU GHz Ram x GB System Type -bit os minitoolbox log MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by Azenel administrator on - - at Running from C Users Azenel Desktop Microsoft Windows Home X Model MS- A Manufacturer MSI Boot Mode Normal Flush DNS Windows IP Configuration Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache IE Proxy Settings Proxy is not enabled No Proxy Server is set Reset IE Proxy Settings IE Proxy Settings were reset Hosts content IP Configuration Intel reg Ethernet Connection I -V Ethernet Connected ---------------------------------- IPv Configuration ---------------------------------- pushd interface ipv reset set global set interface interface Local Area Connection forwarding enabled advertise enabled nud enabled ignoredefaultroutes disabled set interface interface Ethernet forwarding enabled advertise enabled nud enabled ignoredefaultroutes disabled popd End of IPv configuration Windows IP Configuration Host Name DESKTOP-T M V Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel reg Ethernet Connection I -V Physical Address C-CC- A- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b e a Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - E-CA- -C - C-CC- A- - - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap A CD C-AF - D -BCB -D BAA F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Server UnKnown Address fec ffff Ping request could not find host google com Please check the name and try again Server UnKnown Address fec ffff Ping request could not find host yahoo com Please check the name and try again Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Interface List c cc a Intel reg Ethernet Connection I -V Software Loopback Interface e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link Persistent Routes None IPv Route Table Active Routes If Metric Network Destination Gateway On-link fe On-link fe b e a On-link ff On-link ff On-link Persistent Routes None Winsock entries Catalog C Windows SysWOW napinsp dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Windows SysWOW pnrpnsp dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Windows SysWOW pnrpnsp dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Windows SysWOW NLAapi dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Windows SysWOW mswsock dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Windows SysWOW winrnr dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Windows SysWOW mswsock dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Windows SysWOW mswsock dll Microsoft Corporation Catalog C Windows SysWOW mswsock dll Microsoft Corporation ... Read more

A:Computer Hangs at random timings and trouble connecting to internet

Please wait until the system hangs again.  Then let it recover (or force a recovery) and let's try looking at these 2 sets of reports:1)  Please run this report collecting tool (even though you may not be reporting BSOD's) so we can provide a complete analysis:  http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location.By default it'll be a .zip file located on your DesktopSimply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.If it doesn't work for you, then please try this:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/2)  Please do the following:- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")- right click on the "Administrative Events" heading- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."- save the file as Admin.evtx- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/614101/computer-hangs-at-random-timings-and-trouble-connecting-to-internet/
Relevancy 58.91%

I am a total Windows noob and until recently have only used osx I am running Windows I'm currently using a mobile Trojan:win32/varpes.j!plock removing the internet to Trouble connecting after device for internet Trouble connecting to the internet after removing Trojan:win32/varpes.j!plock I've spent several hours searching for solutions on how to remove this trojan and have done everything suggested on several of the help websites I think it's gone but now I can't connect to the internet In the internet properties and network sharing Trouble connecting to the internet after removing Trojan:win32/varpes.j!plock center my networks are gone When setting up an internet connection I keep Trouble connecting to the internet after removing Trojan:win32/varpes.j!plock getting an Error I've taken all steps from http www geeksgyaan com fix-error- html and other similar sites with similar steps And none of them fixed the problem I did run into a problem on step When I enter netsh int ip reset reset log into the cmd prompt I get this response The following helper DLL cannot be loaded NETIOHLP DLL The following helper DLL cannot be loaded NSHIPSEC DLL The following command was not found int ip reset reset log I found this forum after searching for this error User Jesse eventually found a fix with help from deepfybka using Farbar Recovery Scan Tool I was only able to follow so far as the steps became specific to his scenario That's as much info I can think to provide at the moment Any help would be appreciated -matt

A:Trouble connecting to the internet after removing Trojan:win32/varpes.j!plock

I also recently ran into the problem of losing my internet connection suddenly and receiving the error 651 notice (and am also technically nowhere). In my case the loss of internet connection coincided with the appearance of a message indicating my Windows 7 program may be non-genuine (the implication being contact us to fix it). Also, whilst I lost the internet on my desktop, my son's apple computer which was also hooked into our router wirelessly, did not lose the internet connection.

After a couple of days looking for advice from anywhere/everywhere, my internet provider satisfied me that it was a problem within my computer rather than the router or their service. 2 days ago I logged into the bleeping computer which I have found to be the most helpful site for people like me, and this time I downloaded and ran a program called "rogue killer" (after having ran Malware Bytes) - this program did the longest scan of any program I have previously tried - it found and destroyed 1 only suspicious program. a PUP. That was all it took to remove the problem and restore my internet connection. So if you haven't solved yours yet, you may like to give it a go. Unlike other progams, the Rogue Killer owners made it available on a free trial basis fully functioning.  

This is my first entry on this forum - hoping it may be useful for someone - and a huge thanks to the bleeping computer people who nearly make me believe there may be a santa claus after all.

sankaido

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/601853/trouble-connecting-to-the-internet-after-removing-trojanwin32varpesjplock/
Relevancy 56.76%

A few days ago i decided to upgrade to Windows bit from Windows Home Bit The installation went well with no problems at all the problem began as soon as i tried to get online 7 Comcast Windows With Trouble Connecting I have cable internet with Comcast when I open the hardware manager i see my network card that i had with Vista which it seems to be working fine and an extra item under Other Devices quot Ethernet Controller quot with an exclamation mark on it I upgraded the drivers for the network card the motherboard and still shows as troubled I have disabled it also and when i do that i get another message to plug an ethernet cable which i have made sure plenty Windows 7 Trouble Connecting With Comcast of times that it is Anyone has heard of this problem before I would really appreciate any help that you may have I am enclosing the ss of the device manager and the windows for both items Please feel free to ask any questions and I will try to answer them

A:Windows 7 Trouble Connecting With Comcast

Can you supply the details in step 3, the device you would have checked is the one with the yellow exclamation mark.

Driver selection for your Hardware devices.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/64230-windows-7-trouble-connecting-comcast.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hoping one of the Windows experts out there can help Trying to play music from my Windows Media Player library not Windows Media Center This used to work flawlessly with the same router and my previous PC Windows After launching the having trouble 8 connecting with Windows Xbox 360 System Music Player app on the Xbox the Xbox finds the PC and displays its PC name and the Windows Media Player media Xbox 360 having trouble connecting with Windows 8 library name The Xbox System Music Player app displays Album Artist Genre etc But when you select one the Xbox eventually times out I've checked all the streaming options in Windows Media Player At the Control Panel gt Network and Internet gt Network and Sharing Center gt Media streaming options screen the Xbox 360 having trouble connecting with Windows 8 Xbox icon is displayed with quot Allowed access using default setting quot It gets stranger The same Xbox on the same network -- can find the videos stored on the Windows PC's Windows Media Xbox 360 having trouble connecting with Windows 8 Player and play those without a problem That seems to indicate that there's not a connectivity issue And adding more to the mystery the same Xbox on the same network can find another separate Windows laptop on the network and stream the music from there flawlessly I've seen other people pointing out the inability of the Xbox to stream music from Windows PCs on the Xbox forums There's been some back-and-forth of the reps there but no answers Also called Xbox customer support and they were confused too They suggested using the quot Play To quot feature of Windows Media Player as a workaround Wondering if anyone here can reproduce the issue and possibly suggest an answer Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/23724-xbox-360-having-trouble-connecting-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Have spent hours trying to google and find soultions to getting an XP printer to print via a home network on a Windows 7 PC that has a HP 1022 printer attached via USB. When I started out I could access the XP machine over the network but not vice versa, but can't even see it anymore.

A:Trouble connecting XP PC to Windows 7 PC attached printer

Already install HP 1022 drivers on winxp?

What is ip address of win7 machine? Run IPCONFIG to find it. Most of the time it starts with 192.168

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/266403-trouble-connecting-xp-pc-windows-7-pc-attached-printer.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey guys,

Need help. I'm having trouble getting my Apple Keyboard and Magic Mouse to work on Windows 7. Both devices are connected through Blue Tooth, but they both blink green, meaning they're not paired. Anyone have any ideas?

A:Trouble Connecting Apple Keyboard & Mouse to Windows 7

They're probably not compatible with Windows 7 and therefore won't connect.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/379892-trouble-connecting-apple-keyboard-mouse-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello XP 2000 to Windows Connecting Windows Trouble Machines. I am having a bit of trouble networking my computers I used to have just computers connected via a router dsl modem These are both on windows xp pro It all worked good and still does I then added a windows machine to it and cannot get it to see the other computers It is on the same name quot mshome quot and the other xp machines can see the windows one through my network places but trying to access it gives me win is not accessible You might not have permission to use this network resource Contact the administrator of this Trouble Connecting Windows 2000 to Windows XP Machines. server to find out if you have access permissions The network path was not found I havn t a clue how to fix this I have a vnc server set up on the windows machine as trying to use microsofts remote desktop just didn t work probably due to this too I can connect the the vnc server fine but I just cannot access the server via windows explorer to get files from it I also have put passwords on the xp machines after trying for a long time getting those to see each other a few months back and have tried the windows machine both with and without passwords It is currently on automatic login via TweakUI If anybody can help i would be very very appreciative Thank-you in advance Adam Bailey nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-connecting-windows-2000-to-windows-xp-machines.318640/
Relevancy 54.61%

I ve connected my xbox slim has a built in wireless adapter to my PC running windows with a third party xbox trouble connecting slim 360 center to windows media firewall telus I ve already connected xbox live to my PC and having no problems with that but when connecting trouble connecting xbox 360 slim to windows media center my extender fron m the xbox to trouble connecting xbox 360 slim to windows media center my PC I had to use an ethernet cable When I disconnect the cable I can t get windows media center any more still have xbox live that s connect to the internet but not the media center which would be used to share pictures movies videos and so on I contacted telus support and they aren t much help and I ve turned off the the firewall and windows firewall is already off and still not able to connect the media center I ve checked out the D-Link DVA-G BN modem and the PPnP seems to be there but not really sure what else to do and don t really want to mess with the modem I closed everything except my telus security and then attempted to open media center on my xbox and these were the blocked packets - TELUS security services Firewall Blocked Packets Report AM ProtocolDirectionSource IPS PortDestination IPD PortDate TimeudpIncoming AMudpIncoming AMudpIncoming AMudpIncoming AMudpIncoming AMudpIncoming AMudpIncoming AM nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-connecting-xbox-360-slim-to-windows-media-center.957479/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi I'm Windows not to Xp internet connecting new Windows Xp not connecting to internet here and I'm having a rather large issue with Windows Xp not connecting to internet one of my computers I didn't get the chance to check if this has been asked already so feel free to flame me if you wish I have a Dell Dimemsion E Windows Xp SP Intel Penium ghz gb RAM Nvidia GTS Anyway like every computer coming out in the last couple of years it has an on board Ethernet port The problem is that it doesn't seem to want to connect to the internet It detects it in device manager it detects that the cable is plugged in but it still does not connect I even had an old PCI LAN card lying around and put it in there assuming it was a problem with the on board port and encountered the same problem I have also ruled out it being a problem router cable modem as I have tired it in different locations and encountered the same problem If anymore information is need I would be happy to give and and if this is in the wrong place or has been answered already feel free to yell at me

A:Windows Xp not connecting to internet

first thing i do with these is reset the win sock

start, run, type cmd, type netsh winsock reset

restart the computer see what that does...

you could also try, start, run, type cmd, type ipconfig /all

then post all the details here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-not-connecting-to-internet-277509.html
Relevancy 49.45%

For about 1 week I was connecting to my internet running through my home computer and I know you can setup a new network using a home computer with a Local Internet Connection(so i did that) now I connected 2 of my laptops to that home computer and IT WAS WORKING JUST FINE. Now I turned off my home computer and turned it back on and it won't give me internet connection for my laptops. My home computer does work for the local area connection but not the internet connection I set up. HOW DO I get my laptops to connect back to this internet connection!?!? Thank you,

A:Windows 7 Internet Connecting

I do not understand your network--or what you are trying to do. Please tell us your ISP and the brand and model of your modem and any routers, switches, etc., and how they and your computers are interconnected. In other words, describe your network, and what is not working.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-internet-connecting.971614/
Relevancy 49.45%

I am trying to use a new Macbook Pro with an existing wifi network that has several Windows 7 PCs. The Mac has no problems getting on the wifi network. I can connect to the Mac from my Windows 7 PC to read files on the Mac and transfer files from the PC
to the Mac. But I cannot get the Mac to connect to my Windows 7 PC. I want the Mac to read files on the PC and use the printer that is connected to the PC.
When I try to connect to the PC from the Mac, I get an error message on the Mac saying ?there are no shares available or you are not allowed to access them on the server?.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4f975081-3a8e-43fa-91e2-0831401415e6/trouble-connecting-a-macbook-to-a-windows-7-home-wifi-network-quotno-shares-availableor?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 49.02%

i got one of those stupid update messages and decided to let windows do an update for me.

since then every morning i go to log on and it says i am connected by windowsxp wont connect.

i do a system restore back to the day prior to the update and it works fine.

but since the update...everyday i have to do a restore to get it to work..

how do i fix this...can i "undo" the update.

thank you in advance for taking the time out of your busy schedules to answer my questions...

tom in detroit burbs

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,
I have a computer with Windows XP installed. After a couple of minutes of browsing the internet, the system crashes with the much despised Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD). I havent been able to see, what error shows up in there, as it disappears quickly for the machine to reboot again. The crash occurs only when connected to the internet.
I checked for the Ethernet adapter installed on the machine, which is : RealTek RTL8169/8110 Family Gigabit Ethernet NIC.
I downloaded a fresh driver for the same, and installed the ethernet drivers on the machine again. But got the same BSOD, after say 4 mins of browsing the internet.
I have attached the dmp file, found in C:/Windows/Minidump , for the crash that occured.
Please advice, what is causing the crashes.

A:Windows BSOD after connecting to the Internet

I'm afraid the dumprep is scrambled for me - that could just be my WinZip playing up, of course. Which browser were you using and is it up to date? Was a pop-up blocker in place at the time?

To work around the possibility of a flawed dumprep, can you please go into Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Event Viewer and look for clues in the Applications and System logs for the relevant time when this happened?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-bsod-after-connecting-to-the-internet.970445/
Relevancy 49.02%

We have a new Windows 8 Computer with a new problem.  The apps on the start tiles tell us that they cannot connect to the internet -- no mail, no Windows store, no skydrive.  I have tried running the Microsoft app troubleshooter and even refreshed my PC (big mistake) with no success.  Help please!

A:Windows 8 -- Apps Not Connecting to Internet

As a follow up to this post, I downloaded Fiddler 4 and that fixed the problem on most of my apps.  But not all -- my ESPN app still will not connect to the internet.  And, more annoyingly, the exceptions only work when Fiddler is open -- if I close it, my apps again say they can't connect to the internet.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/486499/windows-8-apps-not-connecting-to-internet/
Relevancy 49.02%

Sir I have one small doubt ie at Windows and Linux About to internet in connecting present I am getting connected to internet using two ways cable broadband connection and internet services provided by mobile G Cable broadband is connected About connecting to internet in Linux and Windows to system through modem and mobile broadband connected to system through USB I want to download large volumes of data so I prefer to keep download at night times and inorder to download successfully without any errors I want to be connected to internet always My cable broadband gets frequently disconnected so is it possible to use internet services provided by mobile and switch back to cable broadband when it is working Is there any tool or software inorder to accomplish the above or can you please provide any script I am using Debian wheezy AMD bit OS I have basic knowledge about Linux so if you suggest anything I can easily follow it and succeed I am using Windows OS as secondary if not possible in Linux atleast suggest any software in Windows Regards Rupesh nbsp

A:About connecting to internet in Linux and Windows

Any switch like that will require you to disconnect form the internet and then re-connect with the different service. Your IP address will also change, so any downloads that you were doing, unless "resume" is supported by both the server and your download method, would then need to be started over again. If "resume" is supported, you would need only to reconnect with your new service and then resume the downloads.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/about-connecting-to-internet-in-linux-and-windows.1102909/
Relevancy 49.02%

When I try to connect to the internet I get: "Full-Search.net/pop/popup7.php
pin=29126. What's going on?

Thanks

MikeP9

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi, guys and gals, I have Win 7 ultimate as a dual boot on my computer along with Wix Xp Pro SP 3, the problem I have is connecting to the internet. I use a Sierra Wireless 595u (Sprint) air card and have no problem whatsoever with Win Xp Pro connecting.

However, with Win 7 Ultimate it is quite a different story. The air card installed fine and I have the connection manager up as usual and I click on connect and it says connecting but then this message appears, "the operation could not be finished because it could not start the Remote Access Connection Manager Service in time." I tried to adjust some of the service areas to start like the remote access connection service but then got something about it couldnt start because of dependencies. I don't have a clue and need some advice, please.

Thank you,

Stephen Aka complearning123

A:Windows 7 problem connecting to the internet..

Hello,

The Dependency of Remote Access Connection Manager is 'Telephony'. Pls. go back to Control Panel=> Admin Tools=> Services and Start Telephony Service.

Test your connection after and an update will be appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-problem-connecting-to-the-internet-485578.html
Relevancy 49.02%

in need of help connecting a xp pc to the internet through windows 7 laptop.i have been playing world of warcraft on my laptop (wind 7) and it has been very laggy and it is down to the graphics. i feel that my pc will be able to run this programe smoothly but the only problem is that it does not have wifi.

Then i remembered i have an ethanet cable so i would be able to use the wifi from my laptop and connect it to my pc. only trubble is i can not find a way to do this.

really need help, it will be much appriciated if any one can spare their time to explain.

A:Need help connecting a xp pc to the internet through windows 7 laptop.

Hi maxrules43 welcome to the forums,

Here is a link that will walk you step by step on how to setup ICS between your two computers and get you going.

Using ICS (Internet Connection Sharing)

This below link is a local tutorial on the forum.
Internet Connection Sharing - Enable[2]=Networking%20Internet

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/246143-need-help-connecting-xp-pc-internet-through-windows-7-laptop.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi to not Windows connecting Vista internet I am using a windows vista Windows Vista not connecting to internet computer It is not connecting to the internet It does connect to the router I have tried changing the DNS server The initial error I get is that it cannot connect to the DNS server The exact message is quot Cannot Communicate with Primary DNS Server quot I m including the command prompt for the ipconfig C gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name DANNYJO-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Linksys Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom g Network Adapter Physical Address - E- C- - -BA DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ce b d e fe Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday June PM Lease Expires Monday June PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F - CA- - B- B BB br CF Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Windows Vista not connecting to internet

Maybe that server is down. Have you checked with your ISP?

You could try an OpenDNS server on your router: https://www.opendns.com/start

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-not-connecting-to-internet.725728/
Relevancy 49.02%

Alright, I just installed Windows xp SP2 on my dell optiplex gx260. Now I loaded everything off the disc for windows. Now the problem is getting the drivers and being able to connect to the internet.Well just being able to connect on to the internet would be nice. Then I could go get my drivers from the DELL website.

I am directly connected to my modem by an ethernet coord. It's a broadband DSL through my cable company(road runner).

Also I was not able to backup my drivers from before, because windows just plain out totally crashed after I used a registry cleaner(lesson learned).

Thanks

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi I internet/Windows 7 ComboFix: connecting to m new here Hello everyone Please forgive me if I m doing something incorrectly I need your help I will provide whatever is necessary to help you help me I appreciate whoever helps in advance I have a windows machine I disabled Norton on my laptop before running combofix because I had somekind of spyware that kept popping up various ComboFix: connecting to internet/Windows 7 boxes on my laptop wanting me to purchase some virussoftware because I was infected After running combofix the spyware seems to be removed however I m not sure since I cannot connectto the internet I ve tried researching the problem and have tried various things to no ComboFix: connecting to internet/Windows 7 avail Can someone help Log is below Thanks very much ComboFix - - - Ryan - x Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - Running from c users Ryan Documents ComboFix exeAV Norton Internet Security Disabled Updated DF - - D- - DC EFD BF FW Norton Internet Security ComboFix: connecting to internet/Windows 7 Disabled BE D -DB F- - AD - F E C FC SP Norton Internet Security Disabled Updated D BEB -B A- E - B -B B SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Other Deletions c program files Search Toolbarc program files Search Toolbar SearchToolbar dllc programdata PCDr Downloads d f-eb - - b - c bf dllc programdata PCDr Downloads d db - a- cdd-a a- f c f dllc users Ryan AppData Roaming Protector-ogci exec users Ryan AppData Roaming Protector-pqkk exec users Ryan AppData Roaming result dbc users Ryan GoToAssistDownloadHelper exe Files Created from - - to - - - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft Windows Defender Definition Updates AA A B- F- C -BA -CDE CDF mpengine dll - - - - -------- d-----w- c users RA Media Server AppData Local temp - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Default AppData Local temp - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Jason Wolterink-LT AppData Local temp - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Dan AppData Local temp - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Dan Wolterink-LT AppData Local temp - - - - -------- d-----w- c windows system config systemprofile AppData Local temp - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Barb Wolterink-LT AppData Local temp - - - - -------- d-----w- C BACKUP - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers rdpwd sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system cryptsvc dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system crypt dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system cryptnet dll - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft Windows Defender Definition Updates A - BEE- -A AC- D A D E mpengine dll - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft Windows Sqm Manifest Sqm bin Find M Report - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wininet dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system mshtml tlb - - - - ----a-w- c windows system win k sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system profsvc dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system rdpwsx dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system rdpcorekmts dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system rdrmemptylst exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows system msi dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system ntkrnlpa exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows system ntoskrnl exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers tcpip sys Reg Loading Points Note empty entries amp legit default entries are not shown REGEDIT HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Internet Explorer URLSearchHooks quot EA - AA - A A- - AF E D F quot quot c program files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll quot - - HKEY CLASSES ROOT clsid ea - aa - a a- - af e d f HKEY CLASSES ROOT yt YTNavAssistPlugin HKEY CLASSES ROOT TypeLib C -EA C- -A -B CB HKEY CLASSES ROOT yt YTNavAssistPlugin HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run quot ehTray exe quot quot c windows ehome ehTray exe quot - - quot ISUSPM quot quot c programdata Macrovision FLEXnet Connect ISUSPM exe quot - - quot Messenger Yahoo quot quot c progra Yahoo MESSEN YahooMessenger exe quot - - quot Weather quot quot c program files AWS WeatherBug Weather exe quot - - HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows Curren... Read more

A:ComboFix: connecting to internet/Windows 7

Hi DanW1967, to Bleeping Computer.My name is Jason and I'll be helping you with your computer problems. You can call me by my screename jntkwx or Jason is fine.Some things to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please do not attach logs or put logs in code boxes (unless explicitly asked to)Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can also help.Do not run anything while running a fix.If you don't understand a step, please ask for clarification before continuing with any future steps.Click on the Watch Topic button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster. If you still can't access the Internet, please download anything asked for to a USB flashdrive and copy/paste it to the desktop of your infected computer. Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.Checkmark the following checkboxes:Flush DNSReport IE Proxy SettingsReset IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsReset FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList DevicesList Users, Partitions and Memory size.List Minidump FilesClick Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run. Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed. Please download Farbar Service Scanner and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:

Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.In your next reply, please include:MiniToolBox logFSS log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/457125/combofix-connecting-to-internetwindows-7/
Relevancy 49.02%

Every time I connect IE automatically opens or windows to a site pr d us and then some other letters and numbers I have healed several viruses connecting windows 3 or opens 4 internet IE with to upon with AVG but there is one that it said was infected embedded object called Small N I ran the Hijack This program and am posting the log as I see that is what everyone else does Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running IE opens with 3 or 4 windows upon connecting to internet processes C WINDOWS System smss exe IE opens with 3 or 4 windows upon connecting to internet C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C windows system hpsysdrv exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard PhotoSmart Photo Imaging Hpi Monitor exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard PhotoSmart HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C PROGRA VISION ONETOU EXE C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C PROGRA HEWLET PHOTOS HPSHAR hpgs wnf exe C WINDOWS wt updater wcmdmgr exe C WINDOWS System veritas exe C PROGRA HPINST plugin bin PCHButton exe C Program Files Netscape Communicator Program AIM aim exe C PROGRA ScanSoft PAPERP PPWebCap exe C WINDOWS System HPHipm exe C Program Files hp center Shadow ShadowBar exe C Program Files hp center Program BackWeb- exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www bonzi com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName N - Netscape user pref quot browser startup homepage quot quot http home netscape com bookmark home html quot C Documents and Settings Owner Application Data Mozilla Profiles default x v slt prefs js N - Netscape user pref quot browser search defaultengine quot quot engine C A CProgram Files CNetscape CNetscape Csearchplugins CSBWeb src quot C Documents and Settings Owner Application Data Mozilla Profiles default x v slt prefs js O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - E D-C B- D -B C- E A - C Program Files Zero Knowledge Freedom FreeBHOR dll O - BHO no name - E -A C- D- DB- F A F - C WINDOWS SYSTEM bcbiuska dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - c Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyviewer dll O - Toolbar amp Zero-Knowledge Freedom - FA B -F - - C - E ED - C Program Files Zero Knowledge Freedom BandObjs dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - Toolbar Adorons Easy Security - F A D- D- D- D -D EF EB CD - C Program Files Enigma Software Group Adorons Easy Security ETB dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXE O - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE NvQTwk NvCplDaemon initialize O - HKLM Run S TRAY S tray exe O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run PS C WINDOWS system ps exe O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb e... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-opens-with-3-or-4-windows-upon-connecting-to-internet.333952/
Relevancy 49.02%

Okay so I got a virus called iexplore.exe not exlpore.exe and I was told the only way to get rid of it was whip the computer and start over. So I did. I started over by installing windows xp and i disk i had with the drivers. It was an intel disk. oh and the compute ri just bought a little while ago and it was a custom computer so i don't know were to do for drivers if that is the problem because I don't think it is brand specific. So anyways I installed windows (which whipped the C drive but not the I (1TB) Drive. And now not only do i think there are 2 windows running, one in the background which I dont know how to check if this is true or not, but I can not connect to the computer to see if I am right. Please let me know what you would do.

A:Installed Windows XP and internet is not connecting.

so to clarify what you have told us you used the windows xp CD and booted to the CD and reformatted your C drive. is your pc booting into the windows xp desktop then? if so ,,,,go to control panel sysem and device manager and let us know if there are yellow exclamation marks by any of the devices if so what are they? and you implied you have a device drivers CD as well correct? if so did you load all the drivers for that motherboard???

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installed-windows-xp-and-internet-is-not-connecting-381142.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I updated my sys to windows 10 one month ago. I had a smooth experience on network accessing but now my system internal apps are not connecting to internet(like windows store, Maps, sports, Food & drink etc). But I can able to browse using browsers(browsers are connecting to internet).

Connection - Wired Connection
Not limited.

I checked DNS settings too but no solution.
Need solution for this problem.
Thanks in Advance

A:Windows 10 apps are not connecting to Internet

Hi, I assume you've tried various things, but I don't know what.. so apologies if these are not new.

Windows 10/apps and software not connecting to internet - General Hardware - Laptop - Dell Community
What To Do When Windows 10 Apps Have No Internet?

Please post the outcome. Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/33768-windows-10-apps-not-connecting-internet.html