Windows Support Forum

Lost pictures on Windows 7 from power outage

Q: Lost pictures on Windows 7 from power outage

Power outage due to storm. Came back on without pictures and documents. It's an HP desktop. Would a file recovery program work? I've tried some of the instructions online, but they don't work.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Lost pictures on Windows 7 from power outage

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Lost pictures on Windows 7 from power outage

Oh mary; I feel your pain. Were the pics within one folder and now they're ALL missing?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-pictures-on-windows-7-from-power-outage.217351/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hey, we had a huge storm two nights ago, and the power went out and everything. Today my friend calls me and says that she has lost all of her data, ever since the power outage

-her emails
-photos
-certain text files

is there any way she can get this back, and why would it happen?

A:Data lost after power outage!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gattomak

Hey, we had a huge storm two nights ago, and the power went out and everything. Today my friend calls me and says that she has lost all of her data, ever since the power outage

-her emails
-photos
-certain text files

is there any way she can get this back, and why would it happen?

Did she try to use system restore ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/data-lost-after-power-outage-141615.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi I recently suffered a power failure whilst my PC was in the process of shutting down it was at the point where it says on screen 'Windows is saving your settings' Afterwards I was unable to reboot the computer I had to boot from the Win XP CD I used the recovery console to run a chkdsk r which found and repaired some files I also used fixboot I don t know why I found something on the internet that said it might be a good idea Incidentally I don t profess to understand any of these actions Anyway the PC then booted up OK Except for the Outage after Files - please! Help Lost Power fact that I lost all of Lost Files after Power Outage - Help please! my e-mail settings and folders All my contacts and existing e-mail messages have gone The computer had me set up Outlook as though it had not been used previously I have also lost every desktop folder that i had created and had held many important files Some backed up some not All the software that was previously installed appears to be OK I have not undertaken any reformatting procedures or reinstalled Win XP I would be grateful if anybody could offer any advice that may assist in my retrieving any or all of the lost data Thanks Mark Adams Cheshire

A:Lost Files after Power Outage - Help please!

Your email data will only be recoverable if you have created backups. Outlook allows you to export all of your folders and contact information, which you can then use to restore.

Anything saved to the desktop, can be found in: C:\Documents and Settings\"username"\Desktop ...although, if your desktop is now empty, this folder is also likely empty. In which case the only files still retrievable will only be those you have saved elsewhere.

After saying all of that, try running System Restore, and go back to a save point before the problem occurred.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-files-after-power-outage-help-please-415319.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello everyone I've had Windows Evaluation copy Build x edition installed for a while now and it has worked great--I really like it However this morning I had a quick second power outage and when I booted my PC the desktop no longer worked All of the icons I had on desktop are gone the only thing that is there is my background picture I cannot Functionality Power Outage Desktop Lost in left-click drag on desktop but I can right-click on desktop like usual and the normal shortcuts menu appears Desktop Functionality Lost in Power Outage as normal If I try to add anything to desktop nothing shows up though it's there if I browse to Desktop through Windows Explorer though It's acting almost acting Desktop Functionality Lost in Power Outage as if I had closed down explorer Desktop Functionality Lost in Power Outage exe except the bottom task tray bar is still there and it works just fine Anybody have any ideas on how to get my desktop working again I can create another user account and the desktop works great on there but I had my account customized quite a bit so I'd hate to have to set everything in a new account

A:Desktop Functionality Lost in Power Outage

Hi Nealinky, welcome to the forums.

You may need try a Repair Install and see if that helps restore your desktop.

Hope this helps

Added: Failing that a system restore might help

Jeff

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/11478-desktop-functionality-lost-power-outage.html
Relevancy 77.83%

There was a power outage approx 10 minutes ago while I was working on a file at the time (an .RTF file). When the computer rebooted, the data in the file (which had already been saved) was completely gone. Is there any way to get that data back?

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/383618-file-data-lost-during-power-outage-any-way-get-back.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Everything was fine until the power went out But now the computer does not network Power card? lost my Solved: outage see my WAN MINIPort card I can see it listed in hardware devices only if I tell it to Solved: Power outage lost my network card? show old legacy items that are supposedly not there anymore but I sure did not take Solved: Power outage lost my network card? it out I am not sure if I should uninstall and try to reinstall entirely or what No I do not have another Solved: Power outage lost my network card? computer to download drivers although the drivers are should be still on the hard drive I suppose it is possible that some power spike fried the card even though the computer is plugged into a surge protector but I sure am hoping it is just some setting s that got scrambled I get some error message pretty sure that is the number when I tell Windows to connect this broadband connection in my View Network Connections screen that is basically telling me it can not see the network card The card is still in there how can I get it to stop hiding from Windows XP Media Edition - yes I know bleh The card shows up fine in the hardward device list still Please help I am a World of Warcraft addict and really need to continue getting my fix nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

I have a home built system with an ASUS P b Motherboard Gig Seagate Hard drive as main drive with Western Digital boot outage after Windows XP won't power Gig backup drive Came home after a power outage and could not get computer to boot past the post test By changing the Windows XP won't boot after power outage boot sequence to boot from the backup drive I was able to boot to windows and ran check disk on main drive as well as all the Seagate diagnostics from the Seagate web site All tests show nothing wrong with the drive I am able to view the drive contents in windows explorer and copy files from it to the backup drive I have tried using an XP boot disk but get an error message saying system hal dll missing or corrupt I tried copying the hal dll from my good drive to the bad one but still get the same error When I try booting from the Windows XP disk to do a repair install I also get error message saying the file system is too corrupt and the disk must be reformatted I have reached the conclusion that my answer is to buy a new hard drive do a clean install of Windows and transfer as much data as I need from the problem drive At that point I can reformat the bad drive Not looking forward to this as it will take a lot of time to reinstall everything so I m just wondering if anyone has any other ideas to try It seems strange that the drive checks out OK and I m able to view it in Explorer Any and all ideas would be most appreciated nbsp

A:Windows XP won't boot after power outage

if you use ntfs your file system would be able to find the file's fragments,m try a 3rd party software.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-wont-boot-after-power-outage.19853/
Relevancy 66.65%

My Windows 7;not activated and not genuine,build 7601,Home Edition got shocked at midnight because of power outage.The cause?My lamp fell down onto the laptop and the power went out,(and so it goes on)in the morning,when I woke up,the laptop did not want
to let me in the System.Tried to reboot and press F8,rebooted,repaired the laptop and replaced the motherboard,didn't wanna work.The screen is right black.  

In the meantime,I went to ''Adverta'',the experts of the Windows 7.They did not know what was it.When I started it up,it only showed my ''home'' username.Now it is a black phone-charger machine with a black screen.My question is:How do I fix it?Windows XP
is my only left one.AND IT'S SLOW.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4c35df7f-113b-4a21-9eeb-319fc0d835ba/power-outage-problem-with-windows-7?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 66.65%

Windows XP will not load after a power outage. It just goes to the XP loading screen and keeps on spinning. What do I do?

Relevancy 66.65%

Some electrical men were working outside the other day when they suddenly turned off our power. The computer was on and fully booted when this happened. Now when I turn it on, it asks if I want to start it in safe mode or revert the settings, etc. Whichever option I choose (I tried them all), windows starts to boot, but then before it's finished, the computer restarts and does the same thing over again. Sometimes it asked me to insert a boot disk...the only disk that came with my harddrive is a floppy (my computer was built by a friend and has a soltek harddrive and no floppy drive). What happened and what can I do to fix it? Please remember that I'm no computer expert (I know a little bit, but not much). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Crystal

A:I Had A Power Outage The Day And Now Windows Won't Boot.

you might try this, as soon as you start your computer ,tap F8 repeatedlyif you get a screen that gives you options , choose "command prompt only"or how ever they worded it for yours . at the prompt type scanreg/fixand hit enter, after it finishes completely you can either do the same withtyping scandisk or turn it off and see if it starts first if not restart F8 and do the scandisk then.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/53340/i-had-a-power-outage-the-day-and-now-windows-wont-boot/
Relevancy 66.65%

While Windows was shutting down the computer, the power outage happened....

Precisely, when the screen shows "Shutting down" message....

After power outage was over, I power my computer on again but it didn't detect the improper shutdown....

My questions:
(1) What was Windows doing in that phase?
(2) Will my HDD become corrupt because improper shutdown had happened in that phase? Could NTFS handle this kind of situation?

Thanks before and forgive my English if there are some mistakes....

A:Power outage during Windows Shutdown

Does the system boot into Windows correctly?

If so...then run the chkdsk /r command.  Running the chkdsk /r command after any unexpected shutdown helps to overcome any potential problems which may relate to the improper shutdown.

Chkdsk From Command Prompt, Win 7 - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/496613/contextmenu-is-causing-explorerexe-to-crash/?p=3067880 .  There is no need to put the C: in that command, when run, the chkdsk /r runs on the Windows partition by default.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/580145/power-outage-during-windows-shutdown/
Relevancy 66.65%

Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code N A hr xc f Windows Product Key - - QWT -HCQXJ- YQTR Windows Product Key Hash PVjSC x njvqunmbCY lOD rYDo Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM SLP Windows OS version ID B D C- A - genuine NOT Power outage windows - F - D D EA E A Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Home Premium Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status Blocked VLK Power outage windows NOT genuine Microsoft Office Enterprise - Blocked VLK OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF Power outage windows NOT genuine - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt File Mismatch C Windows system systemcpl dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system user dll Hr x b Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt B D C- A - - F - D D EA E A lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - - YQTR lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt GA- LMT-USB lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt Award Software International Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt F lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt F lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Central Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Product GUID quot - - - - FF CE quot gt lt LegitResult gt lt LegitResult gt lt Name gt Microsoft Office Enterprise lt Name gt lt Ver gt lt Ver gt lt Val gt ACD E lt Val gt lt Hash gt fFic JgCreGGRxyF uMWB R Jcg lt Hash gt lt Pid gt - - - lt Pid gt lt PidType gt lt PidType gt lt Product gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot A quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot B quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot A quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot BA quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt Input Error Can not find script file quot C Windows system slmgr vbs quot Windows Activation Technologies-- gt HrOffline x HrOnline N ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/401040-power-outage-windows-not-genuine.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I've seen people post similar issues but no real idea what the actual problem is that's causing it This happened about a month ago when the power went out and I couldn't find a way around it so I outage Windows power boot won't after had to format and start Windows won't boot after power outage all over again The Power went out and now Windows won't boot again When I try Windows won't boot after power outage to boot it I get the blue screen message Your PC needs to be repaired The boot configuration data file is missing some required information File Boot BCD error code xc It then says I need to use my windows media to repair it So I put in the USB and attempt the repair which it says it can't do It also won't refresh or reset Seems to again be leaving Windows won't boot after power outage me with the only option of formatting I can't keep doing this each time the power goes out Is there a reason this will keep happening It never used to happen with a power outage before with the same Windows installed only difference I can think of was that I am using a SSD now to run Windows and before that it didn't happen Is it possible that now when I install Windows it isn't installing it properly and is instead installing it without whatever this bit of data is that is needed in case of unexpected shut downs It's a legit copy of Windows that I got with the PC when I bought it so I would assume there shouldn't be any problems when you install it

A:Windows won't boot after power outage

In addition to this.. I tried to format and now it won't even let me do that. I get an error stating "Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration, installation cannot proceed"

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/595579/windows-wont-boot-after-power-outage/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello,
My Mom's Dell desktop computer with Windows 10 installed won't boot after a power outage. When turned on it goes to the Dell logo screen and says "Diagnosing your PC" then it goes to an "Automatic Repair" screen that says "restart" and "advanced options"  choosing "restart" just starts the whole diagnosing your computer process again. and nothing she tried in the "advanced options" menu worked either. No matter what we try we're back to square one. She doesn't have any discs or a USB for repair at this time. I don't think anything was backed up either, but at this point she just wants to be able to use her computer again so saving her files would be nice but it's not necessary if we have to reinstall the OS. I was just hoping I could get step by step instructions on what to do and how to help her?
I hope I gave enough information. Thanks for your time!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/607457/windows-wont-boot-after-power-outage/
Relevancy 66.22%

I had posted all this several days ago but for some reason my thread vanished Below is the compilation of two posts I made to the original thread recording the problem and what I've tried to do to resolve it power Windows hangs after Welcome outage 7 screen (again) on This is what I posted on September th Having a tough time with my Windows Pro computer Last night we had a five second power outage while I was watching a DVD on my PC Windows 7 hangs on Welcome screen after power outage (again) When the power came back on and I tried to book I got a message telling me to use my recovery disc to repair my computer I tried booting normally and only got as far as the black quot Starting Windows quot screen The Windows moving icon never showed up Next I found and booted from the disc On the System Windows 7 hangs on Welcome screen after power outage (again) Recovery Options screen there was nothing listed under Operating System I selected quot Use System Recovery tools quot anyway and then quot Start Windows 7 hangs on Welcome screen after power outage (again) Up repair quot After running this once I rebooted normally and got a login screen I logged in and the system hung on the Welcome screen As it was quite late and I was tired I went to bed thinking that it would probably load the OS slowly but it would load and I'd deal with it in the morning When I woke up the next day and checked the computer was still hung on the Welcome screen I restarted the computer and attempted to login in Safe Mode but after the login screen it still hung on the Welcome screen At this point I had to go to work so I shut down the machine When I got home I restarted the PC and pressed F and tried to boot into Last Known Good Configuration I got to the login screen selected my name but this time not even an enter password field was presented I shut off the computer and kept reading through the various forums I'd been looking at in search of a solution Next I tried rebooting from the recovery disc and selecting the command line option Then I tried this DISKPART LIST DISK SELECT DISK LIST PARTITION SELECT PARTITION ACTIVE EXIT There were partitions OEM and Primary and I selected primary Then I tried system repair again which ran just slightly longer Looking at the Startup Repair Diagnosis and repair details under quot Root cause found quot it says The partition tables does not have a valid System Partition Repair action Partition table repair Result Completed successfully Error code x Time taken ms Just for giggles I tried restarting Windows normally I got to where I could select myself as a user but again not even a password field I'm at a loss to know what to do I really need to get back into this machine as I'm in the middle of an important project and I need the data on the PC to work with Now this is what I said earlier today I started the PC first thing this morning I figured I'd quickly throw in the DVD to do an in place reinstall But a screen came up that said it couldn't find disk and offering me several options including pressing F for testing and I did A pre-boot systems assessment ran and my CD-ROM Video Card and a bunch of CPU memory tests all passed but then the test abruptly stopped with a message saying that it couldn't find a diagnostic partition I'm assuming that means it couldn't find the OEM partition on my hard drive although the DST Hard Drive short test passed I'm thinking just a guess that this is more of a hardware problem than a software problem but if that's the case my computer may not be recoverable at least not without professional help Let me know if you have any more ideas Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/381716-windows-7-hangs-welcome-screen-after-power-outage-again.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi everyone

I ran into something today I never seen before. I setup and sold a computer that I upgraded from vista to windows 7 by running upgrade option inside vista home premium to 7 home premium. Everything was working fine for 6 months. The customer brought it in my shop today and said the power went out and when they booted it back up it said winload.exe was missing or corrupt. I looked over the hard drive and everything on it is windows vista files and none of the user files are there and nothing that looks as 7 was ever installed. It's like it totally erased the windows 7 upgrade. Am I screwed and are the files lost?

A:Windows 7 upgrade missing after power outage

Most probably you did not removed the OEM version in the computer.
So it was re-install to OEM version.

Just use the original Windows 7 to re-install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/400469-windows-7-upgrade-missing-after-power-outage.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Sorry to launch into a request for help without even a proper introduction but after searching for almost a day online unsuccessfully for a solution I thought asking a direct question would yield more relevant results Any assistance will screen Windows Welcome hangs 7 on outage power after be greatly appreciated Having a tough time with my Windows Pro computer Last night we had a five second power outage while I was watching a DVD on my PC When the power came back on and I Windows 7 hangs on Welcome screen after power outage tried to boot I got a message telling me to use my recovery disc to repair my computer I took the DVD out and then I tried booting normally but only got as far as the black quot Starting Windows quot screen The Windows moving icon never showed up Next I found and booted from the recovery disc On the System Recovery Options screen there was nothing listed under Operating System I selected quot Use System Recovery tools quot anyway and then quot Start Up repair Windows 7 hangs on Welcome screen after power outage quot After running this once I Windows 7 hangs on Welcome screen after power outage rebooted normally and got a login screen I logged in and the system hung on the Welcome screen As it was quite late and I was tired I went to bed thinking that it would probably load the OS slowly but it would load and I'd deal with it in the morning When I woke up this morning and checked the computer was still hung on the Welcome screen I restarted the computer and attempted to login to Safe Mode but after the login screen it still hung on the Welcome screen At this point I had to go to work so I shut down the machine When I got home I restarted the PC pressed F and tried to boot into Last Known Good Configuration I got to the login screen selected my name but this time not even an enter password field was presented I shut off the computer and kept reading through the various forums including this one I'd been looking at in search of a solution Next I tried rebooting from the recovery disc and selecting the command line option Then I tried this DISKPART LIST DISK SELECT DISK LIST PARTITION SELECT PARTITION ACTIVE EXIT There were partitions OEM and Primary and I selected primary Then I tried system repair again which ran just slightly longer Looking at the Startup Repair Diagnosis and repair details under quot Root cause found quot it says The partition tables does not have a valid System Partition Repair action Partition table repair Result Completed successfully Error code x Time taken ms Just for giggles I tried restarting Windows normally I got to where I could select myself as a user but again not even a password field I'm at a loss to know what to do I really need to get back into this machine as I'm in the middle of an important project and I need the data on the PC to work with As I said above I'd appreciate any suggestions you have to make Thanks -Trip

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/381595-windows-7-hangs-welcome-screen-after-power-outage.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I'm freezing power consistently outage Windows after not sure if this is Windows or a hardware issue A little while back there was a power outage in the area and my PC shut off It was connected to a surge protector but the surge protector did not trip Everything else which was plugged into the power strip is working fine When I booted up the PC everything started normal albeit a bit slow As soon as the PC has booted up however it starts moving sluggishly until windows eventually freezes The computer will freeze after accessing firefox the start menu or task manager Windows consistently freezing after power outage I haven't tried many other programs but I'm confident just about Windows consistently freezing after power outage anything that runs through windows is freezing Again I'm not sure if windows is the problem but it seems correlated I am running Windows I have tried running a system restore before booting up but the restore always fails at the very end When I press CTRL ALT DEL in an attempt to access the task manager the screen goes black and the cursor turns to a wheel After several minutes the wheel will stop and a prompt will appear stating quot The logon process was unable to display security and logon options when CTRL ALT DELETE was pressed If the operating system does not respond press ESC or restart the computer by using the power switch quot I opened up my tower to see if any hardware was visibly damaged but everything looks normal at least visually Any idea what could be causing the issue here

A:Windows consistently freezing after power outage

Hi do you have a install or recovery disc to attempt a repair ? do you have a recovery partition ? what is the make and model of the computer

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-consistently-freezing-after-power-outage-634332.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hey all

Today I experienced a power outage while windows was installing an update.
Now whenever I try to start up my computer it gets to the Windows logo, a BSOD flashes for a split second, and the system restarts.
Booting in safe mode also gives the same problem.

System restore cannot find my C:/ partition with my operating system, what seems quite weird since I first tried with the system restore on my hdd before using the one on the Windows disk. I tried a startup repair, but without any success. The logs show it performed a chkdsk so that will not work either.

I tried accessing my C partion through a couple live CDs but it doesnt seem readable.

What options do I have left to recover my system?

Thanks in advance
bvw6

A:Windows will not start after power outage during update

Try Option 2 in this tutorial. System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/315086-windows-will-not-start-after-power-outage-during-update.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello My apartment building suffered a complete power outage days ago while I was using it The power resumed hours later But I haven't been able to Windows Cannot Vista - HELP! outage power after up boot log on since Normally I turn on my PC and about seconds later a window appears asking for my password After entering it the PC proceeds to my desktop Now when I turn on the PC it leads me to a blue screen with a mouse cursor at the center which I can move but there's nothing at all Cannot boot up Windows Vista after power outage - HELP! to click on When I tap F during the boot process and choose any option from the Advanced Boot Options window I still can't start my computer Cannot boot up Windows Vista after power outage - HELP! normally Here are the Advanced Cannot boot up Windows Vista after power outage - HELP! Boot Options I tried after consulting with my slightly more PC-savvy brother Repair Your Computer - After I see my usual black screen with the words Microsoft Corporation appearing under green bars that scroll from left to right for about seconds a blue screen appears with the mouse cursor at the center which I can move but there's nothing at all to click on Safe Mode - While the PC displays several boot files from top to bottom it pauses on Loaded windows system drivers disk sys for about seconds then proceeds to a black screen with the words Safe Mode in all corners and the mouse cursor at the center which I can move but there's nothing at all to click on Safe Mode with Networking - see 'Safe Mode' above Safe Mode with Command Prompt - see 'Safe Mode' above Last Known Good Configuration advanced - see 'Repair Your Computer' above Start Windows Normally - see 'Repair Your Computer' above Debugging Mode - see 'Repair Your Computer' above I downloaded a Linux-based recovery DVD GB iso file at knopper net which allowed me to access important files which I copied from the desktop to an external hard drive My brother's Windows XP PC has a recovery disk but my Windows Vista PC didn't come with one I saw a few paid versions but looked for free resources due to cost and delivery time I cannot tell if I have the -bit or the -bit version of Windows Vista so I downloaded both versions of an open source boot repair at sourceforge net which I burned to DVDs After running the boot repair program using both DVDs the diagnostic results were uploaded online to ubuntu com for review and technical analysis Here are the links http paste ubuntu com http paste ubuntu com http paste ubuntu com The last report ended with the words Boot successfully repaired nbsp You can now reboot your computer But I still encounter a blank screen black or blue when I try to log on to my PC Here's my detailed PC info if it's useful Compaq Presario SR NX Desktop PC serial number personal information removed product number GC AA Warranty end date October as per Compaq HP com http support hp com us-en product Compaq-Presario-SR -Desktop-PC-series Thank you for any help you can provide

A:Cannot boot up Windows Vista after power outage - HELP!

Greetings, Your system is 32 bit if this is your PC. Let's start with what is working: You have power, You have USB (mouse and keyboard function), You have video, and You were able to retrieve files from the HDD. The processor, RAM, and HDD may be okay. I would say you probably have a corrupted MBR and system files caused by the abrupt shutdown due to loss of power. I would start by trying an operating system installation. I would reset the BIOS to defaults before reinstalling the operating system. You would need a Vista install or repair disc in order to attempt a repair. You cannot download Win Vista from Digital River anymore. Restore Disks has a recovery kit for the PC I have linked to. Big disclaimer, there is no guarantee this will work. But you have to start somewhere. Cheers!  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Cannot-boot-up-Windows-Vista-after-power-outage-HELP/td-p/5598475
Relevancy 66.22%

The local PUD is killing me outage won't [SOLVED] Windows after 7 power start Or more accurately my HP Pavilion Slimline s - with an AAHD -HY Holly motherboard AMD A processor GB RAM and TB hard drive I have a dual-boot system with Windows Home Premium SP -bit on one partition and Ubuntu on the other My wife is the [SOLVED] Windows 7 won't start after power outage main user of the HP and as she was out of town for a few days the machine was sitting idle running Windows when the power went out for about a second and then came back on The machine re-booted into Ubuntu by default so I didn't notice anything wrong until I needed to use Windows [SOLVED] Windows 7 won't start after power outage on it this morning When I restarted in Windows I got the Windows splash screen and [SOLVED] Windows 7 won't start after power outage that's as far as it went The hard drive light stayed on for about minutes with nothing else happening so I shut the computer down with the power button When I restarted it again I was presented with the option to run start-up repair The end result of that was the message that Windows could not automatically repair the problem I have discovered that I can boot into Windows Safe Mode I'm not sure if that will help The only alternative I can see is wiping the entire drive and restoring Windows to the original factory configuration followed by re-partitioning and re-installing Linux etc Any less drastic solutions will be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance for any suggestions

A:[SOLVED] Windows 7 won't start after power outage

Hi, in safe mode select "last known good", let us know how you get on.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-windows-7-wont-start-after-power-outage-1000137.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Alright yesterday we had a series of power failures during which my computer was on This happened three times and this morning when I got it back Iam now recieving a Windows Error Recovery screen on startup and the computer keeps restarting over and over I tried all options includeing the safe modes Windows Outage Power :( Startup Help - Failure after but nothing works A blue screen flashes before restarting breiefly that says quot stop c unable to locate component quot I have attempted to use the Vista CD to reinstall the OS but when I go to Windows Startup Failure after Power Outage - Help :( do so it claims that both of my drives are unable to be installed on I have two drives and when I checked the BIOs only one is now appearing the one with my OS isn t being detected by BIOs Also in Vista CD Reinstall Screen when it asks me to choose my drive it s claiming that it detects the first drive with OS but I can t reinstall on it or reformat It now also claims that the drive is unallocated and I can t format Windows Startup Failure after Power Outage - Help :( it I m rather confused to say the least and I m not sure as to what I should do Any help would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 66.22%

I am having issues with my sons computer I'm not sure of exact specs but its a quad 7 after Startup Outage Problem Windows Power core ATI gigabyte motherboard running win home premium GB ram TB hard drive We suffered a power outage the other night while he was on the internet and that's when the problems started On startup he has a choice of users lets call them and User which won't load past the welcome screen is the one he usually uses I have tried startup repair but it says nothing is wrong User will load and he can access the files on user but everything is super slow eg it takes just over mins for the computer to realize I have inserted the wireless internet stick into it Norton Premier wont complete a scan it gets stuck around items scanned so the computer is not protected Any ideas if its a windows or hardware problem and what I might be able to do about it

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/windows-7-startup-problem-after-power-outage-4605969/
Relevancy 66.22%

I run windows on a laptop Asus G SX w an SSD and i forgot to connect it to the battery when i took a nap Lately my battery is not in perfect state and when this happens reconnecting the plug won't let me resume system i have to restart windows and get the message that windows improperly shut down etc etc So usually everything good but this time firefox took a huuuge time to open min or more however chrome instantly opens I was thinking it 7 Certain Windows outage after power slow applications was cache memory firefox problem so i clean them but still no difference Also i run my computer w user Certain Windows 7 applications slow after power outage and admin and the UAC dialog when prompted to open an application take huge time same time for firefox to open After those things are open the computer runs smoothly but it messed up some applications Like PostgreSQL won't start Also i couldn't access st Windows Safe Mode pressing F after first few restarts After doing a shutdown and leaving the computer off for a few seconds now i can access it I also run the chkdsk utility and windows made small corrections here is the log Checking file system on C The type of the file system is NTFS A disk check has been scheduled Windows will now check the disk CHKDSK is verifying files stage of Attribute record of type x and instance tag x is cross linked starting at x d for possibly x clusters Some clusters occupied by attribute of type x and instance tag x in file x fb d is already in use Deleting corrupt attribute record quot quot from file record segment Attribute record of type x and instance tag x is cross linked starting at x d for possibly x clusters Some clusters occupied by attribute of type x and instance tag x in file x is already in use Deleting corrupt attribute record quot quot from file record segment Attribute record of type x and instance tag x is cross linked starting at x e c for possibly x clusters Some clusters occupied by attribute of type x and instance tag x in file x a is already in use Deleting corrupt attribute record quot quot from file record segment file records processed File verification completed large file records processed bad file records processed EA records processed reparse records processed CHKDSK is verifying indexes stage of Index entry US D BLF of index I in file x points to unused file x a Deleting index entry US D BLF in index I of file Index entry US C REG of index I in file x points to unused file x b Deleting index entry US C REG in index I of file Index entry USC D REG of index I in file x points to unused file x c Deleting index entry USC D REG in index I of file index entries processed Index verification completed unindexed files scanned unindexed files recovered CHKDSK is verifying security descriptors stage of Inserting an index entry with Id into index SDH of file Inserting an index entry with Id into index SDH of file Repairing the security file record segment file SDs SIDs processed Cleaning up unused index entries from index SII of file Cleaning up unused index entries from index SDH of file Cleaning up unused security descriptors Security descriptor verification completed Inserting data attribute into file Inserting data attribute into file Inserting data attribute into file data files processed CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal USN bytes processed Usn Journal verification completed CHKDSK discovered free space marked as allocated in the master file table MFT bitmap CHKDSK discovered free space marked as allocated in the volume bitmap Windows has made corrections to the file system KB total disk space KB in files KB in indexes KB in bad sectors KB in use by the system KB occupied by the log file KB available on disk bytes in each allocation unit total allocation units on disk allocation units available on disk Internal Info b dd B r c l Windows has finished checking your disk Please wait while your computer restarts So resuming the Info - Boot is super fast as usual SSD - Certain applicati... Read more

A:Certain Windows 7 applications slow after power outage

re run the chkdsk command with a /R to attempt to scan for bad sectors, if you have bad sectors i suggest you change your harddisk.

Regards.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/262451-certain-windows-7-applications-slow-after-power-outage.html
Relevancy 66.22%

After a power-outage (I believe the power-outage happened during start-up), when I try to start up windows, I come to a black screen that tells me there has been a problem and gives me a number of options (Safe mode, start windows normally, etc.). I've tried all of these options, but it says "Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: \windows\system32\config\system." I can not get windows to start up.

I'm computer illiterate, but any help would be appreciated.

A:Windows Start-Up Problem (Power-Outage)

System manufacturer and model, please?

You probably need to run the chkdsk /r command on your system partition.

What typically may occur during a power outage, surge, etc...results in key files becoming damaged. The chkdsk /r command may be able to overcome such, if that's the problem.

Do you have a MS XP install CD?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/343542/windows-start-up-problem-power-outage/
Relevancy 66.22%

While surfing last night my system crashed. When it came bak on files were missing.I when to windows update site,after system scan windows uninstalled programing and began rewriting files.After 4 hours it was almost finished when my wife started vaccum and blew power.
Now system will reboot, but windows will not start because it did not generate name for Hal or system path.
I am not a tech,guy so I do not know if I can do any complicated fixes.Should I just throw out computer and quit?

Relevancy 65.36%

So weeks ago I had a power outage This made my computer not connect to the Internet but not the one in the living room Since the i have been doing a lot of Google in to try to find a solution - all of which failed I have tried most of the command prompt inputs including ipconfigs can't Linux will outage, connect internet power Windows to after winsock and a few others So after a week or so I had the bright idea to boot up Lunix on my pc The os which is on my flash drive could connect to the Internet I did remember finding a guy who posted the same problem before but I couldn t find it again So I m sorry that this is a other quot can t connect Windows can't connect to internet after power outage, Linux will to the internet quot but add help is much appreciated Thing to know -ISP Verizon -OS Windows Vista -Modem Westell Modell F F -Router Linksys NH v The files myTcp txt and myTcp txt are the results of ipconfig all The first one was when the computer was directly hooked Windows can't connect to internet after power outage, Linux will upto the modem The second is when the computer was hooked up to the router nbsp

Relevancy 65.36%

Whenever my windows xp desktop froze up, I would turn it off by turning off my surge protector. When I turned the computer back on it would either load normally or do a check disk. I assumed all computers were set to do that until my xp wouldn't boot anymore and I had to do some research.

So far my Windows 8 has not froze up on me. What is the right thing to do if it does freeze up? Should I turn it off using my surge protector switch or press the power button till it goes off? I have tried to find the settings for unexpected power loss and I can't find them.

A:How does Windows 8 desktop handle unexpected power outage?

These settings would most likely be in your bios, it should say something like power on, stay off. If you don't know how to access your bios please let me know the model of your PC and I should be able to help. What to do if your computer freezes up, use the power button, and only if you can not access the task manager or power options via Control-Alt-Delete.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/478788/how-does-windows-8-desktop-handle-unexpected-power-outage/
Relevancy 64.07%

Ok Yesterday afternoon there was a power outage When the power came Resulting Windows Outage cannot Power in Please help! start. Error. Screen Blue back on an hour later I turned my PC which was on back on PC is Dell Dimension The screen started up and then went to a screen that says quot We apologize but Windows did not start successfully quot and says something about hardware or software changes there were none or power failure etc A blue screen error would flash Power Outage Resulting in Blue Screen Error. Windows cannot start. Please help! up quickly then disappear as the system began to restart again and again I took a digital photo of the blue screen which said UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME Tech info Stop x ED X CE XC x X I tried to use the DELL Troubleshooting for Windows and search the error codes and from what I have come up with my hard drive is dead I also restarted hit Ctrl alt D to run an IDE Diagnostic test which resulted in Primary IDE Drive name of drive Fail return code Drive No IDE Device Secondary IDE Drive Samsung DVD Rom SD Diagnostics not supported Drive CD R RW Drive - Diagnostics not supported Test Complete Press Enter to Reboot So now I don't know what to do The computer was bought from Dell in My computer saavy ex I believe upgraded the drives and CD roms Power Outage Resulting in Blue Screen Error. Windows cannot start. Please help! shortly after we got it I don't have the Windows CDs because Windows was installed Power Outage Resulting in Blue Screen Error. Windows cannot start. Please help! on the system so I can't run the CD to see about doing whatever that could do My issue is that I have a TON of personal files I was quot meaning quot to back up as well as programs that came w the computer and I don't have installation discs for Can I get the info off this drive and back it up Can this be fixed Please help I am quite confused and upset about losing my data It's not the end of the world but it also makes me sad that I didn't back up since it's like gigs of info Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/power-outage-resulting-in-blue-screen-error-windows-cannot-start-please-help-215714.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello!I have a K320 model that is completely dead after a power outage at home. The unit will not show any inidcation of power now. I went and bought a new power supply and installed, but still I get absolutly nothing. I had 3 wires that wwere connected to the front panel to the old power supply, but the replacement supplyI purchased doesnt have this connector. I believe it was for the LED's on the front panel, which at this point do not matter.I am not sure if there is an issue with the power siwtch/board, or an issue with my motherboard....or if those 3 wires are critical?Any suggestions??Thank you!!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/K320-wont-power-up-after-power-outage/td-p/3348414
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi,
I wonder if somebody familiar with 'Windows Pictures' can help me find my lost photos.

From a recent trip to India I had two memory cards of photos, which because they had the same number series( i e DSC 1 - n), I loaded into separate folders in Windows Picture. Wanting to merge them into one folder and therefore trying to eliminate the clashing number series, and not knowing what I was doing, I found properties when I right clicked one of the folders and then clicked hide. The folder immediately emptied and I haven't been able to recover them!

I am hoping the photo files are there somewhere. When I right click and select properties on this folder it shows a file size of 1.13gb in a location which is the folder from where they have disappeared.
Can anybody help?

Dave M

A:Windows Pictures - lost my photos!

Try Tools,Folder Option,View, Show hidden files in your Picture Folder

http://www.vistax64.com/software/295480-windows-pictures-lost-my-photos.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Was having problems with virtual memory and computer coming to a complete stop due to downloading a Norton upgrade. My computer tech suggested backing up everything on my computer and reloading Windows XP Home Edition. He backed up what he thought was everything on my computer that was under my user name and reloaded my computer but my pictures in my Kodak pictures file were not under my user name; therefore, all of my pictures are gone. The tech has now transferred everything on my computer over to his computer and is now trying to find the pictures. Anyone have any suggestions on how to retrieve the pictures? Has anyone ever had to send the computer to a lab to get info retrieved and how much does it cost? Thanks for your help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-have-lost-all-my-pictures-in-my-kodak-pictures-file.682192/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hoping someone can help. My printer/scanner/copier Brother DCP J-315W was on when the power went off during the recent Sydney storms. The printer is about 3 years old and connects wirelessly to the PC. The power went out at 12.30 am so I just went to bed and when I woke up everything was back on except the printer which has no power. I have tried pulling the plug out of the machine and waiting 15 seconds, and trying to reboot the pc, modem and printer together but had no success.
It seems dead. Do I need another printer or is there a solution?

A:Printer won't power on after power outage

No surge protection? Power outages from storms can cause no damage or high damage to electrical/electronic circuits. There may be a blown fuse inside, but it sounds like it is time to buy a new printer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printer-wont-power-on-after-power-outage.212659/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello I have a computer I picked up from Fry s that has a K FSB motherboard GB not will after K7 power motherboard outage power up of memory and K7 motherboard will not power up after power outage an AMD Athlon processor This is the second motherboard I have put in this thing as the first one suffered the same malady that I need help with The motherboard is a Model M ATX style The other night we had a power outage for about hours All my computers were powered down except one I powered all of them back up and they worked as per normal except the one K7 motherboard will not power up after power outage I reference above This one was off during the outage Now it will not power back on The same thing happened with its predecessor board which is why I replaced it Am I missing something Is there some sort of magical reset that I can t find Why would this computer be the only one with a dead motherboard after the power was back on Is there a flaw in its design What brand should I go with if this thing is junk Any help would be appreciated Thanks Steve nbsp

A:K7 motherboard will not power up after power outage

Steve1 said:

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Steve1Click to expand...

Hi I have a PC that does the same thing, I think its the PSU, if I remove the mains cable for about 2 minutes, then replace it, the thing powers on OK, I really must get round to sorting it out soon...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/k7-motherboard-will-not-power-up-after-power-outage.58435/
Relevancy 58.48%

My trouble is that I gave my older computer to one of my granddaughters yesterday and had it all up and running for her had a wireless card put in and she was off and running. Today she called and told me that a fuse blew and now it will not boot up only showed a blue screen saying(Do to power outage your computer is not starting up). She is so upset and I,m at a lost as to how to solve this. Any help would be welcomed
Simbadone

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-outage.730486/
Relevancy 58.48%

Woke up today and realized that the power had went out. Went to start up the computer and it took me to the screen where I can choose to A) Start in "Safe Mode"
B) Start Normally
C) Start with last known working config

I tired all of the choices and everytime the "Windows XP loading" page came up right before it usually goes to where I can log in. Right before it would hit the "Log In" page it shows the blue screen of death for a second and then kicks me right back to the screen with the start up options. Its a cirlce I can't get out of, PLEASE HELP.

Relevancy 58.48%

I had a storm blow over overnight and the power went out at least once I awoke to my computer Power outage powered on with a black screen Unresponsive I shut it off waited the Power outage obligatory seconds and started it up again Windows began loading but when it would normally take me to the login screen a brief blue screen of sorts came up with a face and the system rebooted itself This time it said something like Preparing Automatic Repairs on the windows loading screen It did that for a while rebooted and took me back to that error screen I allowed it to do this multiple times and was never able to boot into windows I fear there has been some hardware damage yes I know get a UPS I put my windows DVD in and managed to get it to load from the disc I tried a couple of the repair options couldn't tell you which but they just sat at the screen for a long time seemingly doing nothing I knew I wouldn't be able to retrieve my files most likely but my last backup was beginning of October so not a huge loss so I just went ahead and tried a fresh install of windows Again it sat there seemingly doing nothing but I let it be and eventually after many of those long waits after selecting the options I wanted it managed to install win Win loaded up fine and I began the long and excrutiating task of installing the windows updates This too has given me problems downloads failing installations failing and where I'm at now it is in some kind of loop where it tries to restart to install the updates fails reverts the changes restarts fails etc etc Now I can go the route of troubleshooting to determine what parts were damaged ugh take it to a shop ugh buy a new hard drive and swap out the old one and see how it goes meh or bite the bullet and buy a whole new rig maybe a bit extreme Any suggestions

A:Power outage

I encountered a similar failure but was not induced by a power fault.  The interface chip/buffer for the SATA drive has failed and is intermittently  writing garbage.  This is a MOBO failure.  A new drive won't solve the fault but is the only way to proceed to a resolution.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/595554/power-outage/
Relevancy 58.48%

How does a power surge affect a computer? I have my computer plugged in to the surge protecter along with the printer, speakers and monitor. The surge protecter was working properly as always but my computer will not turn on. Everything else plugged in is working. Any advice to a novice? My son built the computer a couple of years ago and is going to go over it to see what damage there is. Is there any hope the motherboard is okay and the hard drive?

A:Power outage!!

Try resetting the power strip (there should be a button on it somewhere). And, moving the computer plug into another outlet.

If your computer will not turn on, it could be a number of things: power supply, motherboard, processor, etc.

You could open up the case and see if there's a funny smell to find out if something really did burn out. If no smell, then look at the motherboard, there should be a battery there. You could reset the CMOS by taking out the battery (and on some motherboards, moving a pin on the board).

To find out how to reset the CMOS, take a look somewhere on the motherboard as to ID the make and model of it.

Make sure you're grounded to prevent static damage to your computer parts.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-outage.234646/
Relevancy 58.05%

recently i had some pictures and stored on a E drive usb memory stick. I was viewing them on my laptop recently. However i have unfortuantly lost the memory stick! and it will be hard to get thoses photos back ( long story). my question is if i have been viewing a picture on the windows picture fax viewer from e drive not saved it to the c drive atall...is it in any way remembered on the the c drive so i can reteve it. In a temp folder, indexing service dat or anywhere elese?, are they retrevable at all without the e drive?

Relevancy 57.62%

I have a friend that has a PC with xp Pro. He wants to have the computer automatically startup after a power outage. This PC will be located at a remote location where no humans will be around to start it up. I read somewhere there is something in the BIOS to do this???

A:xp Pro startup after power outage

Hi Grant_N7AS, and welcome to TSG.

Yes, the BIOS on some computers has a power management setting that determines what happens if external power is removed while running and then re-applied. One of the options would be to automatically power up.

FYI, there is no guarantee that Windows will boot up normally if the the power is randomly removed from the computer.You could have hard disk corruption if the power is removed while the computer was writing data to the drive. You may want to consider using a suitably sized uninterpretable power supply (UPS) with communications capability to the computer. The UPS would allow the computer to operate through momentary outages. During a longer outage, the UPS would signal the computer to go into hibernation mode and then resume operation where it left off when power is restored. FWiW, Windows XP may have hibernation problems on some computer and require some troubleshooting.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-pro-startup-after-power-outage.1011337/
Relevancy 57.62%

I see many people have had this problem. I have tried removing the battery, booting in all modes available, restoring factory defaults. Nothing worked!
I did run the self test. It shows drive failure.

Unfortunately, I did not receive the XP disc when I purchased the computer.

Any suggestions?

A:XP will not boot after power outage

OPP'S I posted this same problem on 11/11/11 and could not find it. Well, I did not realize I posted it in the hard drive forum. I intended to post in this forum.
Which forum should I proceed with? Sorry..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-will-not-boot-after-power-outage-612469.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a linksys E1000 router. I recently had a power outage and now the router wont do anything. The lights 1-4 and the internet light blink, but the power and connection lights stay off. Ive tried doing hard resets etc. I called the cisco support and they told me that that combination of lights indicates the router is dead. This has happened about 5x now, and each time the same lights blinked, but eventually for some reason or other the router eventually started working.

Is the router dead? Is there a reason that the router is the only thing that has issues when there is a power outage? The modem and everything else plugged into the surge protector work fine. Is there any kind of router that is less sensitive to power outages?

Relevancy 57.62%

I have been doing a lot of research on SSD. I already found a few places to ensure I make my transition proper turning off hibernation, know to change my temp drive, disable indexing, etc. However, the one thing I am not sure of involves the fact my computer has been known to... freeze... from time to time. I wanted to know if I install, and end up having my computer freeze on me, what possible issues this would have on my SSD. I have researched a lot, however, really did not get any answer to this question.

Relevancy 57.62%

BSODs after a power outage A pretty common problem with most people I can't seem to find the problem Most of the finds I find on google aren't the same as mine I've Power BSODs Outage After tried many things Last Known Config VGA Mode Safe Mode But I can't really get into Safe Mode since it always shows quot Cannot display this video mode quot Can't seem to find out how to fix that either But back to the main problem After this power outage that happened around my area my startups have been consisting of a BSOD I have Windows XP with GB of RAM and ghz Intel Dual Core The BSOD happens usually after it says quot Loading BSODs After Power Outage your personal settings quot It says STOP x E xC x DFB xAB x Beginning dump of physical memory Physical memory dump complete Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance Sometimes it BSODs After Power Outage gets onto the desktop but that lasts only for about seconds until the BSOD the same as before comes up I've also wanted to try the Recovery Console on the Windows XP disc but whenever it gets to quot Setup is Starting Windows quot after I boot the CD it shows a BSOD STOP x B xF D xC x x Any suggestions on what I should do

A:BSODs After Power Outage

Since it was due to a power outage, try clearing the CMOS and see if that helps. Some times with a power outage, the bios becomes corrupt from not being able to save things before the shutdown and that takes you back to the basic factory specifications.

If that doesn't fix you up, then one of the Microsoft guys/gals might want to analyze your stop error for you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/bsods-after-power-outage-340322.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello With the hurricane rolling through we experienced a few outtages last night and i forgot to shut my Power up start Can't Outage computer down before that happened And now due to that i am experiencing issues with Power Outage Can't start up getting to my desktop screen Let me explain into detail When the computer starts up it goes into windows recovery giving me two option quot Start windows recovory quot and start windows normally I have tried starting windows normally but all that seems to happen is that the computer turns off and puts me back to the two options So i tried the first one and that brings me into a menu saying select a driver which non appear so i just skip it and than brings me to options i believe before i go any farther this is all coming from the top of my head as i am not starting at my computer writing this Anyways the first option gives me the chance to do a automatic repair but they do not seem to find any issue or unable to fix the problem tell me to restart but nothing changes and i am just repeating steps over and over the other options are faint in memory command prompt is there and a few others but they are to no help I am hoping someone can address this issue as i have work on the computer thank you nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

I posted this in the XP forum, but I think it's probably a hardware problem.

Today my power went out and after it came back on and my boyfriend went to boot up his computer, Windows wouldn't load. After the first few startup screens, it goes black and freezes up.

When we put in the Windows installation disk to try and reinstall, it gets stuck at the "Setup is starting Windows" blue screen and won't go any further. The computer will not start in safe mode, either.

It did start up once normally in the midst of all this, but nothing was done differently before or after that time in restarting and it hasn't restarted normally since.

Any words of advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 57.62%

Hey guys I have a problem that I don't think will be very hard to fix but I need a little help There was a thunderstorm in my area today My computer's plugged into a surge protector but the outlets in this house aren't grounded I safely removed the flash drive and card reader I had plugged in and figured it would be safe for me to extract the archive I'd just transfered to the hard drive before shutting down Bad call While -zip's doing its thing the lights in the room briefly flickered off and on and the Following XP start won't power outage, a CRT monitor went dark I looked at the PC and saw its power light was still on so I turned the monitor off and then back on but the screen remained Following a power outage, XP won't start black I then forced a shutdown by holding the PC's power button Restarting I saw it wasn't the monitor that was the problem This message came up We apologize for the inconvenience but Windows did not start successfully A recent hardware or software change might have caused this If your computer stopped responding restarted unexpectedly or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders choose Last Known Good Configuration to revert to the most recent settings that worked If a previous startup attempt was interrupted due to a power failure or because the Power or Reset button was pressed or if you aren't sure what caused the problem choose Start Windows Normally Safe Mode Safe Mode with Networking Safe Mode with Command Prompt Last Known Good Configuration your most recent settings that worked Start Windows Normally I selected the last of those choices The Windows XP loading screen appeared but after several seconds the computer restarted and I ended up back at above screen This happened again when I choose Last Known Good Configuration I ran through the Safe Mode selections as well with almost the same result only instead of the XP loading screen a list of drivers was displayed as they loaded before the system restarted This computer's running XP with Service Pack I think and I have the Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Operating System Disc it came with If I press F while the machine's booting I'll be taken to a prompt to insert that disc but it doesn't seem to give me any options besides a factory restore something I obviously don't want to do without backing up everything first But I'm thinking the problem is just that a driver or other system file was corrupted I'm not sure how to go about identifying and replacing a corupt driver when I can't start Windows though I'm looking around for info along those lines but I appreciate any help or other suggestions

A:Following a power outage, XP won't start

You are probably blue screening. Right after the BIOS press the F8 key. It should take you to the advanced menu. Choose disable restart on system failure or something like that. Write down what the blue screen says and post it in your next reply.

And BTW, you should be doing daily backups of your data to a second physical disk or the cloud.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/500628/following-a-power-outage-xp-wont-start/
Relevancy 57.62%

My computer won't reboot since the power outage due to recent storm here in Ohio. I've tried everything Help?

A:power outage problem

Quote:

I've tried everything

You didn't give us a lot of information, so we can only give you a limited answer. The power outage might have taken out your computer. What did you try?
Is the computer a laptop or desktop? Does the computer turn on? As in do the lights and fans come on? Do you get anything on the screen? Do you get the computer logo on the screen or is it black. If you get the logo, does it start to boot Windows? How far does it get.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/power-outage-problem-653359.html
Relevancy 57.62%

It should be possible to move a UPS during a power outage shouldn't it? I'm just wondering if i could have it plugged into my comp and then move it to the cable modem/voip adapter after the power goes out (after shutting down the comp of course). That shouldnt be a problem should it?

Relevancy 57.62%

Today we had a brief -second power outage The computer is plugged into a pretty decent surge protector but it is not booting Windows now I have XP SP The computer will boot through the BIOS screens and then I get the quot your computer shut down unexpectedly would you like to start in Safe Mode - won't Power outage XP boot now Last Known Good Configuration etc quot menu If I choose quot Start Normally quot or quot Last Known Good Configuration quot the computer will show me the Power outage - XP won't boot now XP splash screen with the little blue status Power outage - XP won't boot now bar moving along Once that finishes and it goes to where you would usually see the welcome screen you just see black If I choose to boot in safe mode it boots up and will go into the welcome screen where I can login to XP Once inside I see all of my desktop icons and programs etc If I try to use my external HD to copy some not-yet-backed-up files I get an error saying quot H is not accessible The request could not be performed because of an I O device error quot There's nothing too terribly important on the computer but a lot of stuff that would be a pain to lose I'd have to re-rip a bunch of CDs and download a bunch of apps etc I tried a system restore to an earlier restore point but it didn't fix the problem although it did say quot restore successful quot once I got back into Safe Mode again Does anyone know of any ideas It's odd that it will boot into safe mode with no problems but not into regular mode Thanks for any assistance

A:Power outage - XP won't boot now

Unit Twentyfive hello and welcome to TSF. See if this will help http://www.techsupportforum.com/f10/...rt-223275.html.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/power-outage-xp-wont-boot-now-299660.html
Relevancy 57.62%

My computer is plugged into surge protectors and while it was on my foot hit the swith on the protectors and my computer and monitor both went along with all else. vista started slower and said it didnt shut down correctly. It seems fine now but could damage have been done?

A:power outage mistake

Hi GreatNate,

Sure it could. I would recommend downloading and running TuneUp Utilities 2009 to find any errors in the registry and critical files... and the HDD too.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/236887-power-outage-mistake.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Having issues after a power outage. booted up the pc and got an error message that vista would not boot went through repair and restore. now running but cannot access the internet and get the 169.x.x.x ip. tried releasing it, manually setting the ip rebooted every thing tried new nics cables everything still the same problem. The other computers work though and can connect. mine is broke no ping nothing any advice??????

On a UPS...
tried
netsh winsock reset
netsh int ip reset
Reset switch and modem
Direct connect to modem
Still Nothing

A:no ip conectivity after power outage

hi there are a few routes here you may not have tried yet http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...1092240AAMXVeL

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-ip-conectivity-after-power-outage-340302.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello I have been trying to sort out my computer for about a week now My husband turned on my computer a few hours prior to the arrival of Hurricane Sandy and forgot to shut it down We lost power and it was not shut down properly I get a BSOD when Windows loads and gets to the login portion of start up I can't catch completely what it says but it says Driver IRQL Not Less and Equal Or something along those lines Towards the bottom it references quot ndis sys quot To get it to boot correctly I have to run in Safe Mode and do a System Restore to a previous restore power BSOD outage following point It then boots normally when restored but if I shut it down again I get the BSOD and have to start all over I went through all of my drivers and updated made sure all were updated The only BSOD following power outage one that I did not update was for the Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter The update came back as unsigned So I disabled the Miniport Adapter I haven't rebooted to see if this fixed the problem because I am scared of having to start all over I thought coming here to work with those smarted than myself before my BSOD following power outage next reboot to see if someone would be willing to help would be BSOD following power outage a better solution When I boot off my Repair Disc and use StartUp Repair it says quot Start up repair could not detect a problem If you have recently attached a device to this computer such as a camera or portable music player remove it and restart your computer If you continue to see this message contact your system admin or computer manufacturer for assistance quot I have a Dell Studio XPS and have not contacted Dell since my service warranty has run out I would have to pay them by the minute and I know they will spend a ridiculous amount of time going through a scripted process I just can t figure out this issue At first I thought it was perhaps malware I found something called MyscrapNook Mywebsearch on my system I have removed it and my scans are coming up clean I tried making a restore point after the clean but the restore point won't work I end up having to restore to a previous point and then the files are restored Also when I get everything clean Windows apparently updates and then the updates won't install correctly In my update log Windows did DL auto updates on the morning we lost power and the system wasn't shut down correctly so I wonder if this is also contributing to the problem I used the SF Diagnostic Tool but only very old dmp files are showing up Not the new crashes I checked to make sure the system was configured as per the instructions here to save the dmp files and it is configured like the tutorial THANK YOU so much for taking the time to read this I know it is long I appreciate any help and guidance you would be able to give me

A:BSOD following power outage

Welcome aboard.

The zip you updated contains Dumps ages old, and from those no meaningful inferences can be drawn.
Attachment 241757

Anyway, I may suggest you one thing.

As per Carrona.org, STOP 0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Usual causes: Kernel mode driver, System Service, BIOS, Windows, Virus scanner, Backup tool, compatibility

McAfee is the most widely known cause of Stop 0xA, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.
Uninstall McAfee Using McAfee Removal Tool.
Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.

Download and install those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one.

Update these drivers:
DW1525 (802.11n) WLAN PCIe Card: From http://www.atheros.cz/
Broadcom NetLink (TM) Gigabit Ethernet: From http://www.broadcom.com/support/ethe...oaddrivers.php
NVIDIA GeForce 310: From http://www.nvidia.in/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-in
Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/264811-bsod-following-power-outage.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Dell 2550 with XP Home SP3.
Worked fine until power outage. Now it will boot past splash screen, but gives error message offering several options: SAFE, SAFE with COMMAND, LAST WORKING...etc. None actually loads WINDOWS. The best option is SAFE with COMMAND, but that only loads dozens of .sys files and then stalls.

Can read BIOS, changed boot sequence to boot from CD

CD player works, and when XP INSTALL disc runs, I get "WINDOWS SETUP", and at the bottom of the bluescreen, I see dozens of WINDOWS files loading, but this too locks up and nothing happens.

Stumbled upon a DELL diagnostic option and ran all the tests( took about an hour) and I got one error message:

Error Code 3B00:0788
Bootstrap checksum: expected 009Fh
returned 001Ah

Since I have no idea what that means, I am hoping someone here does.

Thanks

George

A:XP will not load after power outage

Hi .

In my limited experience...checksum errors are generated only when my CMOS battery is running down and needs to be replaced. But generally they indicate a problem in the BIOS, IMO. But that's on PCs, not servers.

The Dell Poweredge 2550 is a server, which (IMO) makes it unlike a PC.

I would not necessarily assume a CMOS battery is bad, I would suspect the BIOS itself may be adversely impacted by the power outage.

Have you tried resetting default settings? Are the CMOS settings accurate in the BIOS?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/200879/xp-will-not-load-after-power-outage/
Relevancy 57.62%

Several weeks ago, we had a blackout. When I rebooted my PC, everything was slow. Programs, internet, everything. Looked all over the web for a solution but found nothing. Wound up reinstalling Windows, and the PC was running like new again. Two days after the reinstall, we had another blackout, and I'm right back to where I was before. I've scanned for spyware, defragged the drive. I'm a novice, so I'm not really sure what else can be checked. I'm in no mood to do another reinstall, so any help would be great!

Relevancy 57.62%

After a power outage my usb keyboard stopped working but my other devices are i don't know what to do.

A:Usb keyboard power outage

try the keyboard on a computer that didnt get struck like a laptop. if it still doesnt work I would just replace it. you can get a nice Logitech keyboard from Walmart for around 12 bucks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-keyboard-power-outage.1103024/
Relevancy 57.62%

Today my power went out and after it came back on and my boyfriend went to boot up his computer, Windows wouldn't load. After the first few startup screens, it goes black and freezes up.

When we put in the Windows installation disk to try and reinstall, it gets stuck at the "Setup is starting Windows" blue screen and won't go any further. The computer will not start in safe mode, either.

It did start up once normally in the midst of all this, but nothing was done differently before or after that time in restarting and it hasn't restarted normally since.

Any words of advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

A:Power Outage... can't boot

See: http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

This article has helped many persons.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-outage-cant-boot.431578/
Relevancy 57.62%

My PC isn't rebooting after a power outage. When I power up it displays details of the graphics card, then hangs on the motherboard splash screen (it's an Abit AB9 Pro). I'm unable to get to the setup menu using the Del key, or to the POST using the tab key.

Is the mobo trashed??

A:Not rebooting after power outage

Hey,

There's two things that could of happened here, the first one could be an issue with your motherboard (probably not repairable either) or you may have an issue with the power supply itself and this is probably the more likely scenario.

If you have another PSU to try then please do - post back any findings.

Nick.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-rebooting-after-power-outage.618621/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi A couple days ago there was a power outage in my area and unfortunately up my outage messed Power PC my computer was on during the time So the next day I turn on my computer and I got floppy disk failure error which I fixed I also noticed that the date was set back to January so I changed it back to the current date The next day I got a message saying my Windows XP trial period was up I use trial XP and reformat every days which Power outage messed up my PC it wasn t supposed to be Since I reformat constantly this was no big deal So I reformatted my computer and soon realized that my problem was much bigger than what I thought it was First of all I noticed that the quot stand-by quot option is no longer available when I turn off the computer Second some websites will not load such as nvidia com which I need to get my video card drivers My connection speed also seems a lot slower than usual I tried changing my MTU settings and I am now able to access nvidia com but the download links won t load I m not too computer savvy and something like this has never happened to me before so I m at a complete loss of what to do Any help will be appreciated As far as my hardware is concerned I m running Intel Core Duo E EVGA nForce i SLI motherboard gigs Corsair ram EVGA GTX Antec SG w PSU Thanks again nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

I had a 2 second power outage today and since have not been able to boot my pc. I am given the "windows did not start successfully" screen and then I am prompted to choose safe mode, safe with networking,...ect. I have tried all options for restarting and get the same result with each. Once selecting I see the windows xp screen for about 1 second then it flashes blue and starts over. I am able to enter bios menus on the motherboard however. My system is home built MSI motherboard, 4 gb ram, and running xp. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much. Kirk

Relevancy 57.62%

I've been hesitant about asking this but since it "almost" just happened to me, what should one do if there is a power outage while defragging?
I had literally just got done defragging my W7 & had started surfing the web when the monitor went black & off as did my TV. Now if that would of happened during a defrag, would it mess up anything?
I've since restarted the W7 & turned my tv on, but still curious, thank you.

A:Power outage during defragging

D I S A S T E R !!!

A laptop will survive due to the battery (assuming you can run with it - - sometimes it's dead and SOL),
but a desktop will likely get corrupted.

I you live where there are frequent brown-outs (aka power outages), by all means get a UPS.

a) always run CHKDSK C: /F /R first
b) never run defrag and then go shopping (ie leave it unattended)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-outage-during-defragging.201824/
Relevancy 57.62%

This has been going of for a while Apart from being close to the power outage not = genuine most expensive electricity in the world our area also has extremely unreliable power out of times when the power goes out for - seconds the computers will reboot When they come back up I get the black screen and the quot power outage = not genuine victim of counterfeiting quot and quot This copy of windows is not genuine quot messages Occasionaly - reboots will fix it but most of the time it doesn't Sometimes Windows will also complain that the update server cannot be contacted It happens on my Windows and WIndows R systems The keys are legit - they are from my technet subscription and purchased full retail copies I have to re-activate the software repeatedly Whilst that always works so far at least until Micro oft decide I have activated too many times but it's a pain in the butt Short of buying UPSs anyone have any ideas how to stop it thanks Tanya

A:power outage = not genuine

Please follow this tutorial and post an MGADiag report - then we can see what the problem is.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/234159-windows-genuine-activation-issue-posting-instructions.html

Please also state the Version and Edition of Windows quoted on your COA sticker (if you have one) on the case of your machine (or inside the battery compartment), but do NOT quote the Key on the sticker!
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/howtotell/Hardware.aspx

(since you're using MSDN keys, you can ignore the last <g>)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/246008-power-outage-not-genuine.html
Relevancy 57.62%

If posting a question so soon after joining this forum is a no-no, I apologize.

heres my problem. My home DeskTop...built by a tech guy we used to know, is constantly trying to restart itself. We had a power outage and now the computer starts up, get to a certain stage where it aploogizes for the inconvience and gives me the option to restart in safe mode, safe mode with networking, etc....or start normally. I have tried every option. It trys to start windows and then gets back to saying the same message.

I have XP service pack 2 on the PC.....anyone heard of this before. I'd re-install windows but my kids have there homework on it and I don't want to lose every we have on it if there is a way to fix it

thanks in advace for any help offered

A:Power Outage and XP won't restart

Try to clear the CMOS by either removing the battery or the jumper method for about ten or fifteen minutes. See if that helps. Some times with a power outage, it corrupts the bios setting because it did not have a chance to save before it was shut down by the loss of power.

Don't forget to unplug the computer and ground yourself before working in that case.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/power-outage-and-xp-wont-restart-223275.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I had left my computer on after leaving for school in the morning and there was a power outage for about an hour. When i returned home my computer was turned off. ( the screen was still on but black screen)And now my computer will not turn on at all? Someone told me that my hard drive fried, but I am not exactly sure. Any help will be appreciated

A:Power outage problem

If you don't have your pc connected to the mains via a surge protector that may be the case, but don't quote me on that. You can check by installing the Hard Drive in another computer possibly.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/power-outage-problem-292791.html
Relevancy 57.62%

After a power outage my speakers weren't working. I tested my speakers on another device and they were working. I then used system restore and my speakers are working again. Does anyone have an idea what happened? I should add that while my computer is protected with a power surge outlet my speakers are not.

Thanks.

A:Power Outage/Speakers Out

It would be my guess a driver problem, which was corrected by System Restore. I can tell you this, System Restore only helps with software problems; the problem was not with the speaker.
A surge protector protects if the power comes on unexpectedly, or surges, it does nothing when power goes off (your need an Uninterrupted Power Supply (a surge protector, with battery back up) like I have. Your driver became corrupted and the Restore made it good again.
To check to see if other problems happened in the OS, read this tutorial
System Files - SFC Command

We had power out, too, in CT., from the Storm. New storm due about 9/11

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/292344-power-outage-speakers-out.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello,

I am trying to solve a problem for someone who has given me the following description of the situation:

They left for 2 weeks, where there was a power surge or power out. When they came back their computer was acting funny.

They get a few errors on bootup (I have not seen the computer yet so I dont know which ones). These are the kind that show on the desktop after the system loads. They click on a link in thier favorites and it takes them to an older version of that site. When ever they try to do something online it will ask if they want to dial in a connection.

This translates to me that they don't have a working broadband connection. Any help on troubleshooting this matter?

Thanks,

-Yportne

A:Power Outage or Spyware

Quote:

This translates to me that they don't have a working broadband connection. Any help on troubleshooting this matter?

Not necessarily; they could have gotten a dialer- a program that racks up telephone bills to the profit of the creator and the telco, usually one overseas.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/power-outage-or-spyware-112538.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Long story short - My computer is ridiculously laggy and I only have partial mouse control after a power outage It was in as good condition Power After Problems Outage as it s ever been before the power outage - I have had power outages in the past and had absolutely no problems getting my computer back on - My computer currently takes - times longer than it usually did to logon to normal mode - I believe that this is a problem with the software not the hardware since safe mode works If anyone can help me out I would Problems After Power Outage really appreciate it What I can tell you about my system - Under quot Device Manager quot gt Mice and other pointing devices all it says is HID-compliant mouse Same with keyboard but there are two Problems After Power Outage HID keyboard devices It says this even with hidden devices shown - I cleared everything under Human Interface Devices as well letting my computer reinstall anything that was actually important - My bandwidth monitor still works Longer story if anyone has the time Backstory I was playing a game on my desktop computer and all of the sudden the power fluctuated on the entire street As you all know even a small fluctuation will make a computer shut down entirely Then I try to start up my computer it doesn t work There are some problems such as it being pretty laggy and my mouse is -kind of- working - It s laggy to the point of being unusable - My keyboard works pretty well - I m unable to see the cursor but it still works I can make the drag-boxes and actually see the boxes as well as double click on some things - I forget but I believe nothing really worked Then I do what is most obvious I try and restart the computer - I ve had the cursor unseeable before This time the computer takes FOREVER to turn on so long in fact that I pull the power plug and turn it back on - this time with all usb ports not in use except my mouse and keyboard I get into windows but I encounter the same problem that I had the first time The next time I try and restart it I make a mistake and hit quot start windows with the same settings that last worked quot - which turns on EVERY SINGLE startup program I regularly these programs out so I only real start my computer with my bandwidth monitor I have some problems but eventually turn windows on in safe mode and turn off all the startup programs My current situation - When I try to run window normally my keyboard works but every other aspect of my computer is broken I can t open a browser I can t open My Computer and it takes about - times longer to turn on my computer The wait time comes from quot dark screen quot times not windows loading screen or what have you - Everything works in safe mode I m running antivirus stuff tonight and registry checks with CCleaner and malwarebytes but I highly doubt that to be the problem I switched stuff around USB ports but absolutely nothing is working Since safe mode works I have deduced that the hardware works and it s just a problem with the software This is where I hope some of you come in nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

Yesterday there was a power outage, now my computer is extremly slow takes about 10 min to boot and 15 to start an application. I have ran CHKDSK and it says it says the hdd is "felfri" direct translation = flawless. I have also tried restoring the system to the day before but that didn't work either. This have happened before It works fine after formating it. But enough is enough I wanna know what the problem is so this doesn't happen next time.

i would appreciate some help

thanks

A:Computer after power outage

Chances are part of your OS is corrupted (chkdsk does not look at that), since a full format has fixed the issue in the past, I would suggest a repair installation of XP should do the trick, I might also suggest you look into a UPS (uninterruptible power supply) to prevent this from happening again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-after-power-outage-302239.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi everyone I was installing the Win Home Premium Bit upgrade today when the Win Outage 7 Power During Upgrade power went out during the expanding files stage of the installation Turning the computer on now it recognised the install was not complete but threw up an error message saying the rollback could not be completed I tried rebooting and it now comes up with command prompt in front of the Win installation background not sure if the background is the standard Win desktop or still the background for the install program I searched these forums and it mentioned starting in safe mode etc but my current problem which happens on occasion pre trying the upgrade is that I can't use the keyboard after the BIOS screen is gone This means I can't choose to boot from CD Power Outage During Win 7 Upgrade since it needs me to push any key to get going and I can't choose between the Win and Win Rollback options when booting the OS I've tried using a PS connection on the keyboard but I get nothing I would appreciate someone either explaining to me how I can run a repair through command prompt or knows of a fix for getting my keyboard to work I'm a complete novice at CMD so any explanation would have to be pretty thorough Appreciate you guys taking the time to help me out Eric

A:Power Outage During Win 7 Upgrade

try running D:setup with DVD in drive (replace D: with your DVD drive)

If this won't complete, try running

DISKPART
LIST DISK
DETAIL VOLUME

Post back what it reports

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/59345-power-outage-during-win-7-upgrade.html
Relevancy 57.62%

i dont know where to post this but.. my power went out and my computer still turns on but i cant see anything out of my monitor... i tryed diff monitors i dont know if something burnt out or what can someone help me!!!!!!!!(Moderator edit: revised Topic Title and Description to better describe the problem. jgweed)

A:Problem After Power Outage!

If you have a power strip check the breaker button to see if it has been tripped.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/98130/problem-after-power-outage/
Relevancy 57.62%

For starters I know next to nothing about computers so please be really really really remedial with any responses and patient with me Thanks in advance to any helpers outage 0.0.0.0 power after IP Address out there About six weeks ago we lost out electricity for about minutes It went off suddenly came back on suddenly Our old desktop running on Windows XP was on when power went out I turned it back on after the power returned I tried to get online IP Address 0.0.0.0 after power outage to check my email and couldn t get IP Address 0.0.0.0 after power outage online I checked the connections things seemed fine I check on our laptops an old iBook G and a newish MacBook and both were and still are able to connect wireless connection though a Netgear router The desktop is plugged into the router then into the modem I believe whatever the arrangement it was working fine until the power outage Anyway after hours of frustrating internet searches trying to get things back in order I m at a complete loss The IP address and subnet mask say and the address type reads quot Invalid IP Address IP Address 0.0.0.0 after power outage quot I tried to repair the connection No dice The connection itself reads quot Acquiring network address quot What I ve done I ve disabled the firewall I did some command prompts such as netsh winsock reset catalog and perhaps others today is the first day i ve messed with it in weeks and rebooted the computer after them I did this command prompt ipconfig all After the ipconfig all prompt it read Windows IP Configuration Host Name YOUR-E F E Primary Dns Suffix Node type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled Yes WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Cisco Systems VPN Adapter Physical Address - - A- C- - Dchp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway I did more digging around and figured out I could make it auto assign an IP I went to my connection and went to the properties menu down to the Internet Protocol TCP IP option and set it to obtain the IP address and DNS server automatically The connection said connected but I could not get online The other computers hooked up wirelessly could still get online Running ipconfig all again after I did the auto assign thing I got this Windows IP Configuration Host Name YOUR-E F E Primary Dns Suffix IP Routing Enabled Yes WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Cisco Systems VPN Adapter Physical Address - - A- C- - Dchp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway I restarted the computer and everything IP and subnet mask etc went back to again I m so stinking frustrated We need this PC to work -- to get online and we can t figure out what happened and why our other computers work through the router connection

A:IP Address 0.0.0.0 after power outage

It could be the modem went out when the power came back on. Have you called your ISP?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/230938/ip-address-0000-after-power-outage/
Relevancy 57.62%

I think the solution to my problem ended up being a short but I do not know This situation occurred on a Monday afternoon Tuesday evening the computer died I removed the power cable and inserted it the next morning attempted to turn it on and it did boot up Wednesday night installed an eSATA cable onto the SATA port onto my motherboard and tried the new eSATA drive today Thursday I noticed that when I booted up today that I had Internet on my computer The idea that power after outage LAN Connection No the power outage might have shorted something out does not make sense as I'd seen on another No LAN Connection after power outage thread one user different forum had a multi-boot system on their computer Windows had the same problem as I had while their Linux box did not There's an old saying from a skit my brother did in Boy Scouts quot I guess all it took was the right jerk quot Maybe I the jerk jerked something and made a connection while installing the eSATA cable Thank you all for your assistance For now I can comfortably breath and wait for Ivy Bridge to be released I had a power outage today which lasted for a minute My computer shut off as a result Then I left for work and when I came back my computer had been turned on which I thought was very odd I'm noticing the following behavior LAN Connection is Limited Computer is running slow My IP address went from to something like last two numbers were different indicating being on a different network I do have VirtualBox I've tried uninstalling it and my computer stalls upon prepairing for uninstallation I've tried Windows repair and system restore No luck I did both with requiring reboot and without the installation disc When trying to run system restore inside Windows without disc it stalls I've power cycled my router No change My wireless clients work fine The computer having a problem is wired to the router I've tried changing the port on the back of the router No luck My Desktop has both wired and wireless but I always connect wired I disabled my wireless disabled then enabled my LAN and also tried a diagnosis which couldn't find the problem Please help Thanks Edit I made sure that both IPv IPv settings were set to Automatic I just went ahead and tried reassigning an actual IP under IPv and when applying the action my computer froze That is the circle kept going Edit I've tried a few other things and no luck All of these froze Deleting nForce driver Reinstalling nForce driver PC Tools Registry Mechanic Also tried Malwarebytes No errors on the quickscan The full scan did not complete it froze I also was attempting to insert the Win disc select repair and installing the nForce driver from there No luck it said something about the file not being in the correct format I tried with both the exe and the setup program extracted from the exe I think I'm convinced that I've wasted more time on this than it takes to reinstall everything but I don't want to do this as I'd like to know if there's a way to fix this if it happens again I also tried running a batch file I found on another thread flush register dns release renew IP Please help

A:No LAN Connection after power outage

Hello,

Can you do an ipconfig and show the results please.

Have you tried assigning a static IP address?
Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/217918-no-lan-connection-after-power-outage.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Win7,HP Pavilion6000,64-bit. After 10-second power outage, monitor came back on showing a window indicating Malwarebytes and Norton360 were turned off; no Internet access. I turned the computer off and restarted, the Internet came back but Malwarebytes and Norton still showed as turned off. I did a system restore back to yesterday, May 10. After rebooting, Malwarebytes was back on but not Norton. Then, Control Panel/System and Security/Virus Protection/Turn on Now/(click)Yes I trust the publisher and want to run this program(click)..........nothing happened. Clicked Norton360 desktop icon....spinning, then nothing. I don't trust the Net without Norton, so can you help me get it turned back ON? Thank you, Elaine

A:Norton 360 off after power outage

Try re-installing it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/norton-360-off-after-power-outage.1052913/
Relevancy 57.62%

The power went out on Power pain outage My Windows XP system No big deal right Well then I restart the computer and while it is booting the power goes out again When I turn on the computer Power outage pain I get a blue screen with the Following unmountable boot volume and some hex numbers I look up the error and I follow the directions boot from a CD run CHKDSK R that ran and I tried rebooting no dice No problem the directions I found said to run Power outage pain FIXBOOT so I did Reboot Now there is a new message NTLDR is missing press any key to restart I look for this error and I found more directions copy NTLDR and NTDETECT COM from the boot CD to c I did that and it still won t boot from the hard drive What should I do now Have I totally ruined my system Is there a way to recover my data I have lots and lots of data on that computer and the computer is my livelihood Help me please nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

Two nights in a row for unknown reasons the building experienced a power outage. Both times I woke up & had to restart my pc & got the multi-option screen with "Start pc Normally" which I did & it booted up normally.
Tonight, I'm playing it safe & shutting it down. Is there anything else I need to do so I know no damage was done? Hopefully none,thanks.

A:Power outage shut down PC

Shutting down your PC at the end of the day is a very safe thing to do.This way when power outage do happen. You do not have the computer shutting down the wrong way. I for one never leave mine on all night. I shut it down at the end of the day. As for damage from the last two nights when the power shut off . I doubt you have any if the computer is booting up and running fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-outage-shut-down-pc.194355/
Relevancy 57.62%

I was working on the computer a few weeks back when we had a power outage, and ever since then, everything has been opening slowly and responding slowly, like when I type in a url it takes several attempts of hitting enter to process. Would there be anyway to fix this? I can give more info if needed.....thanks

Dan

A:problems after power outage

did u have an antivirus check? recover console with xp cd?

try run>chkdsk /r

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problems-after-power-outage-200986.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I always use a battery backup. The battery in my CyberPower 1200AVR died & before a new one arrived we had a power outage. Now my PC won't recognize my SSD which has my Windows 7 operating system on it. I need help desperately. THANKS!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/380487-ssd-not-recognized-after-power-outage.html
Relevancy 57.62%

My laptop computer was on during a power outage. After I reboot, the computer works but at an unbelievable slow speed. Everything it does will take more than 100 times longer. I reformat the hard drive (curiously, that happened in normal speed) and tried to re-install Win2000. I observed that during the first phase of installation, it progressed in normal speed. However, right after the window started, it began to crawl. I assumed that it has something to do with the way the win2000 preforms certain I/O function that is different than let's say DOS. Any idea what happened to me and how to fix it?

A:Slow PC after power outage

I'd start by resetting the BIOS to factory defaults, it sounds like something is scrambled there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-pc-after-power-outage.169469/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have an old Dell XPS with a trinitron monitor running on XP. Had a power outage and now my monitor is not working properly. Double images and fading out. Can anyone tell me if this is the monitor or could it be software (drivers)? I plan to pick up a 2nd hand monitor in the meantime. Overall the computer is running fine. I have a minimal surge protector.

A:Monitor & power outage

Try leaving the monitor unplugged completely for an hour or two, that may help possibly. If not then its had it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-power-outage.58012/
Relevancy 57.62%

The weirdest thing happened. I'd tried to install the Verizon DSL software but was having problems. After speaking with Tech Support(?) they remoted into my Desktop to see what I meant. Immediately after that I've lost all the files in My Documents, My Pictures, all my bookmarks and preferences for Opera,etc. I don't believe they've been deleted, just lost. I found these two entries into the registry through Spybot S&D:

8/27/2006 4:51:27 PM Allowed value "RemVZDSLFolders" (new data: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd /c rmdir /q /s """) added in System Startup user entry!

8/27/2006 4:51:31 PM Allowed value "RemVZDSLFiles" (new data: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd /c del /f /q /s """) added in System Startup global entry!

Now I can't even find C:\\WINDOWS\system32\cmd?? What happened? Can I recover??

Any help would be appreciated.

A:Lost My Document, Pictures, WINDOWS CMD after verizon install

If this happened after a remote connection with Verizon tech support I would call them back and have them fix it. They caused it they fix it. This is the best way and it is something that has probably happed in the past so they will know how to fix it, if you are unsuccessful with whatever agent you get ask for a supervisor and have them have a higher tech acall you back

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-my-document-pictures-windows-cmd-after-verizon-install.496167/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi all,

I went to work this morning at 8am and my desktop computer was on.

When I came home, the computer was off. When I press the on button, nothing happens.

I called the electric company and found out there was an outage in my area from 9:44 to 9:47.

They advised me to turn off all the breakers and then turn them back on after a couple of minutes.

But, the computer still will not turn on.

Any ideas on what to do? :/

Thank you in advance!

Relevancy 57.19%

My internet was working fine until we had a power outage last week. When I booted back up after the power outage my internet (both Mozilla and IE) wouldn't connect. I unplugged the router and reset it. When I click on network connections it says I am connected and I can see the blinking orange light in the back of my computer where the ethernet cable is and it shows that it is receiving data. I think something might of happened with the settings on my computer. Has anybody seen this before?

A:My internet will not work after a power outage

Hello mumbles1014,

here are some steps

start
then select ( run
then type in ( cmd
press enter
then type in ( ipconfig /flushdns ( notice the space between ipconfig & /
press enter
then type in ( ipconfig /release ( ^^ ^^^^^ ^^^^^ ^^
press enter
then type in ( ipconfig /renew ( ^^ ^^^^^ ^^^^^ ^^
press enter

then reboot

start
then select (run
then type in (netsh winsock reset
press enter
now reboot your system

providing that the (os) is installed on the c drive /you drive letter may be differnt

then reboot

check your connection

let me know how it works

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-internet-will-not-work-after-a-power-outage-393608.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Two days ago I was very pleased with this forum in helping me resolve a BSOD issue Unfortunately that night there was a power outage I've never had issues with power outages until now My computer is plugged into a surge protector I can't boot from either of my HDDs I go into BIOS and check the boot order nothing is Outage after boot Power Cannot HDDs from wrong When F ing to choose what to boot I choose Hard disk and Cannot boot from HDDs after Power Outage it recognizes both my Seagate and Western Digital Hard drives So I'm not sure it's a hardware issue I put in my Windows CD to try to repair it It boots up fine However when I choose to repair windows it doesn't recognize the windows partition on my WD drive Windows says if it doesn't recognize the drive with windows then press the drivers button to install drivers for your Hard drive I click it and I can see my other Seagate drive and all its files along with any other plugged in drives except my WD gb drive with windows Install drivers for my HD That's where I get lost I've never needed drivers for it or was there a CD Am I misunderstanding what it means Is everything on that drive erased Can a power outage do that Please any help would be amazing Is there anyway to check if the data is corrupted Like if it not gone If I were to just get another HD or SSD and install windows on it could I still use my gb for storage

A:Cannot boot from HDDs after Power Outage

Quote: Originally Posted by Sirus804

Two days ago I was very pleased with this forum in helping me resolve a BSOD issue. Unfortunately, that night there was a power outage. I've never had issues with power outages until now. My computer is plugged into a surge protector. I can't boot from either of my HDDs. I go into BIOS and check the boot order, nothing is wrong. When F12ing to choose what to boot, I choose Hard disk and it recognizes both my Seagate and Western Digital Hard drives. So, I'm not sure it's a hardware issue.

I put in my Windows 7 CD to try to repair it. It boots up fine. However when I choose to repair windows it doesn't recognize the windows 7 partition on my WD640 drive. Windows says if it doesn't recognize the drive with windows 7, then press the drivers button to install drivers for your Hard drive. I click it and I can see my other Seagate drive and all its files along with any other plugged in drives except my WD640gb drive with windows. Install drivers for my HD? That's where I get lost. I've never needed drivers for it.. or was there a CD. Am I misunderstanding what it means? Is everything on that drive erased? Can a power outage do that? Please, any help would be amazing.

Is there anyway to check if the data is corrupted? Like if it not gone. If I were to just get another HD or SSD and install windows on it, could I still use my 640 gb for storage?

The first thing I would do is run Checkdisk. How to use CHKDSK (Check Disk) - Windows 7 Let us know how that comes out.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/131623-cannot-boot-hdds-after-power-outage.html
Relevancy 57.19%

About a month ago, the power went out in the neighborhood. When the power came back on, my computer was really messed up; freezes, blue screens, etc. After an hour or two, I found that one of my memory sticks was damaged. I was finally able to boot into windows and work for a little while. Problem is I still get the blue screens randomly and much too frequently (essentially each session I use the computer, I get at least 1 BSOD). I had windows 7 installed for a full year with virtually no problems on this system.

I have done a clean reinstall of the full retail version of windows 7 x64 professional.
Abit kn9s motherboard
Athlon 64 x2 4200

Thank you in advance for all your help!

A:BSOD Crashes after power outage

Quote: Originally Posted by dgrec3

About a month ago, the power went out in the neighborhood. When the power came back on, my computer was really messed up; freezes, blue screens, etc. After an hour or two, I found that one of my memory sticks was damaged. I was finally able to boot into windows and work for a little while. Problem is I still get the blue screens randomly and much too frequently (essentially each session I use the computer, I get at least 1 BSOD). I had windows 7 installed for a full year with virtually no problems on this system.

I have done a clean reinstall of the full retail version of windows 7 x64 professional.
Abit kn9s motherboard
Athlon 64 x2 4200

Thank you in advance for all your help!

Your causes are all over the map so like you I suspect hardware. I do notice that many of them refer to video driver/card/power.

I would run memtest, sfc /scannow, and replace your video driver as described below

Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.
Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot. Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

When upgrading your graphic driver you MUST remove all traces of the current driver. In order to do that we recommend using Guru3D - Driver Sweeper

When it is removed then download and install the fresh copy.

Let us know if you need help
ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/141426-bsod-crashes-after-power-outage.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi all We had a power outage over night and i leave my pc running all the time When booting up this morning i was faced with the error quot windows did not shut down properly quot or something close to that when i selected quot start windows normally quot it Outage error now Power messages proceeded to perform disc error checking appeared to be a lot of corrupt files took a little while to complete and windows booted fine and i logged into Power Outage now error messages my desk only to find the specified error message quot C Windows system ODBC dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error Try reinstalling the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the Power Outage now error messages software vendor for support quot In the frame of the error window is says quot iTunes exe - Bad Image quot System had been running flawless until the power outage and i do restart my pc frequently i have Kaspersky Anti-Virus and it is Windows bit version Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Mike

A:Power Outage now error messages

First and easiest thing would be to run a secure file check to ensure the windows core files are okay.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/168607-power-outage-now-error-messages.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi there I just got this problem days ago While on turn Computer after causes? not outage, can power I was working the elecricity Computer can not turn on after power outage, causes? went down in my neighborhood At that time my computer was on downloading movies When I get back I waited a bit until the electricity s back then when its back I tried to turn on my computer but it did not work I checked the power cable if it loose or checking the power bar if its malfunctioning bit everything was fine Since other electronics that s connected with my power bar worked properly except my computer So I open my computer and looked inside I did not smell any burn which I m afraid Reattaching cable try to turned it on again not working Then i see there s a switch at the back of my computer and I tried to pressed it and I noticed a small lights near the motherboard turned green Then I turn on my computer again still no power Then I pressed the switch again at the back and the lights went off After thinking a while I concluded that it is the power supply problem So since i have a warantee from X company I just brought it to their store and see what they could do days later I m kinda pissed off because they did not call me since I m thinking it s just a matter of replacing power supply If i Have one or it s free I wouldnt have brought my computer there since I could just replace it by myself So I came back to the store asking about my computer s status To my surprise they said the power supply it s fine it s a problem with my hard drive I asked how was it possible since I can not turn my computer and if it s hard drive shouldn t it at least turned or send me to the BIOS then this guy said quot Oh the hard drive caused a small circuit and then shut off the power supply quot then they mentioned we can replace your hard drive with inly And I asked quot How aboutm y warantee quot then this guy s surprised and said quot Oh you ve got the warrantee so I will replace it by tomorrow for no fee quot From here I kept thinking is it true that hard drive can cause the computer to not able to be turned on I studied Computer Science but I haven t heard about this case before or I haven t learned deep enough I m afraid that I got scammed because the price of hard drive is higher than power supply and they probably want me to pay for hard drive and new OS since everything will got wiped out according to the techie guy Thanks waiting for reply and sorry for the wall of text nbsp

A:Computer can not turn on after power outage, causes?

light86 said:

Hi there, I just got this problem 4 days ago.
While I was working the elecricity went down in my neighborhood. At that time my computer was on (downloading movies). When I get back I waited a bit until the electricity's back, then when its back I tried to turn on my computer, but it did not work.
I checked the power cable if it loose, or checking the power bar if its malfunctioning, bit everything was fine. Since other electronics that's connected with my power bar worked properly except my computer.

So I open my computer and looked inside. I did not smell any burn which I'm afraid. Reattaching cable, try to turned it on again, not working. Then i see there's a switch
at the back of my computer, and I tried to pressed it and I noticed a small lights near the motherboard turned green. Then I turn on my computer again, still no power. Then I pressed the switch again at the back and the lights went off.

After thinking a while I concluded that it is the power supply problem. So since i have a warantee from X company I just brought it to their store and see what they could do.

3 days later I'm kinda pissed off because they did not call me since I'm thinking it's just a matter of replacing power supply. If i Have one or it's free I wouldnt have brought my computer there since I could just replace it by myself. So I came back to the store asking about my computer's status.

To my surprise they said the power supply it's fine, it's a problem with my hard drive. I asked how was it possible since I can not turn my computer and if it's hard drive shouldn't it at least turned or send me to the BIOS? then this guy said. "Oh, the hard drive caused a small circuit and then shut off the power supply". then they mentioned we can replace your hard drive with inly $75. And I asked "How aboutm y warantee?" then this guy's surprised and said "Oh you've got the warrantee, so I will replace it by tomorrow for no fee". From here I kept thinking, is it true that hard drive can cause the computer to not able to be turned on? I studied Computer Science but I haven't heard about this case before or I haven't learned deep enough.
I'm afraid that I got scammed because the price of hard drive is higher than power supply and they probably want me to pay for hard drive and new OS since everything will got wiped out according to the techie guy.

Thanks, waiting for reply and sorry for the wall of text Click to expand...

Sounds like there was quite a bit of 'talking', which is fine, but I like to see stuff. Tell them to SHOW you. Words can pass the fertilizer test, but SHOW ME cuts through a lot of BS...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-can-not-turn-on-after-power-outage-causes.941929/
Relevancy 57.19%

Yesterday the power flickered off for a second when I was Computer outage up power after locking on the computer Soon after that my computer began to lock up once I was using programs like IE or Outlook When this happens the page hangs there and sometimes goes to black screen Ctrl Computer locking up after power outage Alt Delete does not respond Only way to get out of it is reboot It runs fine for about minutes before locking up Normally once I try and run Outlook at same time as browser It had been working fine after I switched to Safari but eventually still locked up I started by making sure it wasn't a virus and ran Ad Aware Spybot and then installed Norton Nothing of significance was found Windows Defender is also clear I forgot where but Vista says system is operating normally I checked some forums and ran ChkDsk There were a few bad sectors which were repaired I'm running fine now in Safe mode with Networking I have a Gateway DX -UB A running Vista Bit I'd be happy to provide any other details that anyone might need to troubleshoot Thanks Dan

A:Computer locking up after power outage

what are you running
video card
cpu
m/board
ram
power supply
brand
model
wattage

check the listings in the bios for voltages and temperatures and post them

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/computer-locking-up-after-power-outage-518615.html
Relevancy 57.19%

We recently had a power outage in town and a guy bought me his computer Acer desktop Windows because computer down outage after power shutting it was freezing up all the time I ran a chkdisk did a startup repair ran sfc and used system restore It's working a lot better but it randomly shuts down One time on the Internet and another time I was trying to defrag computer shutting down after power outage The following is the event viewer notice for the problem Log Name Application Source Microsoft-Windows-WMI Date AM Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer Kevin-PC Description Event filter with query quot SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA quot Win Processor quot AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt quot could not computer shutting down after power outage be reactivated in namespace quot root CIMV quot because of error x Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-WMI quot Guid quot edeee - afe- -b -d c b b f quot EventSourceName quot WinMgmt quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Kevin-PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt root CIMV lt Data gt lt Data gt SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA quot Win Processor quot AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage amp gt lt Data gt lt Data gt x lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt I did some research and found similar issues reported by others except they don't mention the system restarting Still I downloaded a Microsoft fixit Any other suggestions on what might of went wrong

A:computer shutting down after power outage

Is it restarting or shutting down?

Did you clean the heatsinks/fans and possible dust inside the case?
Get HWInfo or similar software to keep track of temps.

Restarting issue can be the GPU. Is it possible to test in Safe Mode, and then Safe Mode with Networking?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/375729-computer-shutting-down-after-power-outage.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Woke up this morning and turned on the machine, right after getting to the desktop the power at my place momentarily dropped and my pc rebooted. Now it get to a screen saying normal startup or startup repair options to select. I'm running x64 ult in a UEFI RAID 0 setup on two ssds. I dont have the same disk for my current os load but I did find one from a couple years ago but I'm not sure how to go about this repair. Tried sfc /scannow but it just says incompatible partition. Do I need to boot up with the UEFI cdrom?

I tried doing the UEFI cdrom but it says "this version of system recovery options is not compatible with the version of Windows you're trying to repair"

A:PC won't boot without BSOD after power outage.

We see nothing but problems with RAID here since Win7 release, then with UEFI it complicates it even more.

You do have SP1 installed correct? If so then try the latest Win7 installer provided in Steps 1 with tool to burn or write to disk or flash stick in Step 2 of Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7.

Report back results of running Startup Repair. It should offer to automate System Restore but if not run it manually from System Recovery Options.

I'd also consider reinstalling to a single HD following the steps in tutorial above to assure a perfect install, with added steps here for UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/310424-pc-wont-boot-without-bsod-after-power-outage.html
Relevancy 57.19%

We had a power outage in my building, and my pc was on at the time, so it shut off when the power was cut, then the power came back on about an hour later and my pc also turned on by itself, however about 2-3 seconds after turning on it just keeps restarting, my led fans turn on, and then they turn off for half a second and turn back on again, its like the power is cut for half a sec then restored, is my PSU gone? any help is appreciated.

PSU: VANTEC VAN-400B 500Watt

Relevancy 57.19%

my computer wont boot anymore after a power outage in my house, it just stays on the motherboard logo boot screen and doesnt do anything else, my computer is custom built...any help?? btw if i posted in the wrong section please move it to the right one....