Windows Support Forum

Data recovery

Q: Data recovery

1st time it s detect i strat recovering my files using recover my files ver.4.0 regeserd it shows all images what iwant but after an hour it become hang when i restart my pc to connect it again it no detecting & hard is no spinng also
my hard disk is not spinning i want to recover my image help me our
samsung 40 gbhard disk
plz help me out

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Data recovery

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Data recovery

Welcome to Techspot!

Seriously, I had a little too much coffee today, so don't take serious about #1 and 2, since I could be able to help ya out with my similar experience.

The few other options you could considers:

1. Gripes, cries, bawl all you wants over a 40 gig hard drive. When you're done, consider your lesson learned about backing up your datas to external hard drive, or using the compact discs/media cards in timely basis. Now when you learned your lesson, buy the new drive and moves on.

2. Considers the expensive option by establishing the communication with the data recovery experts in company, and expect your wallet prepping for the long flights with your credit cards. You should expects a few digits of hundred, or probably thousands to recover a part of your valuable datas.

3. Considers the cheaper option by ordering a same I/O board for your hard drive, it's very good chance that one part of your logic board blew after surpassing the hours of operation. It should set you back about 50 bucks or less, and the reliable source to find it is at ebay.
You can type your information of your hard drive here, and I can help you to find the appropriate logic board to give your hard drive another try to recover your datas.

Also, If you have camera and know how to use Marco setting, this would be very helpful to support your thread

First thing to do is to list your spec, by looking at this similar label, you will need to type Model; and numbers/letters under the three barcodes. Take a look at this picture for reference.

The next thing is to find the logic board matching to your hard drive. Look for the white label on the bar of IDE plug bottom, it need to match with your HDD label revisions, and the final thing is to match your chip with your old/broken logic chip. Take a look at here.

Good luck man and looking forward to help ya out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-recovery.165768/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have problems mine is recovering data from a DVD-R amp a friend is looking for my help in recovering data from a quot corrupted quot Flash Drive I was burning data on a DVD-R multiple sessions disk when my Burner crapped out while using Nero I now have a new Burner amp when I go back into this disk I can only read data from my st session when I compare the s from Nero s disk info tool however it also shows that session is still open but I cannot read anything from sessions amp Looking around I spotted CD Recovery Tool Box Free is there anything more recent and or better that would let me try to recover the data on this disk The data in session is still on my HD but I would like to be able to recover the data in the other sessions worst DVD-R data recovery data Flash & Drive recovery possible case even just the file names would be a DVD-R data recovery & Flash Drive data recovery small plus Now for the Flash Drive It is a Lexar Gig DVD-R data recovery & Flash Drive data recovery amp what supposedly happened is that Peter lent it to a fellow employee so he could extract some data probably a mistake When he got it back a few minutes later amp tried to use it all he got was a message that it was corrupted As it has all of his product codes phone numbers amp personal sales data for the last year he is really desperate to try amp recover DVD-R data recovery & Flash Drive data recovery the data He does not have a computer of his own so he has no backup another bad idea He has gotten a new Flash Drive a Sony Gig but I have told him that he better go out amp get a nd one to use as a backup As I know basically nothing about Flash Drives is there a program out there that maybe can recover his data Any and all help along with a few words of advice would be greatly appreciated Oh yes I have computers one running on Windows so I can run my old DOS programs amp HD so I guess that dates me amp the other on XP Pro which from what I have read may be an advantage in recovery Happy Skies Chris nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-r-data-recovery-flash-drive-data-recovery.137570/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi everyone My external USb Wd mybook box has tb Seagate Sata and i use original Wd disc as W installed in My PC Case as sata II Today my old problem appears again as Corrupted disc I recovery external Data data but problem, space. Can reach no corrupted have Get Data Back NTFS and i used before plenty of times for recovery loss data or unwanted deletions but This time im stuck Becouse the disk i try to recover includes gb about used disk space only audio files only gb about empty space Thats too big for me to recover to other disks i don't have enough spaces that my other disks can handle I have about gb FREE disk space in several disks or partitions include My thinkpad SL Notebook Data recovery problem, Can reach corrupted data but no external space. --------- So my question is wit keeping my lost data in corrupted disk first can i take them slowly to this gb spaces i know i can and after create somehow emty space deleting those recovered gb on corrupted disk and use that empty space for more recovery Or smilar solutions Becouse DISC PRICES IS HEAVY nowadays and really i'm out of budget with buying some equipments upgrades ---------- IS THERE Data recovery problem, Can reach corrupted data but no external space. ANY PRACTICALLY POSSIBLE SOLUTION even can take very long time Like creating slowly slowly some extra spaces don't know how I know i look silly in Data recovery problem, Can reach corrupted data but no external space. situation becouse i know u should never write to same disc if you dont want to say goodbye to your files E-how happened not necessary to read these part according my experiences Thats the mistakes DOn't do those at the same time After Letting my Share program DC took big share space on that disk today -there were people downloading from my disk and don't know why i did that -i used heavly that disk to tag amp rename my music -Also let windows seven index -and also let my dc indexes my share I did these things at the same time disks was working My Downloads were happening another disk but it didnt help there were no any problems im just suspicious about some virus worked on this corruption but i don't have enough clue to say that Seems overload processes made this corruption Also one more mistake i made even i know shouldnt that there was a single folder with about gb value in my musics as jukebox folder Also don't do that normally i allow for download and upload only single disk for example gb Anyway somehow after restarting my OS i suddenly see half of my data was gone from TB disk and stupidly unlike other times while using get data back i tried to write a little amount from lost data to free space on same disc then immediately i gave up but this time disk become unstable Completly corrupted after restart my restart reasons are immediate quit for suspicious virus etc with using removal batch files becouse i SO as classic sorry to take ur time and PLEASE Help

A:Data recovery problem, Can reach corrupted data but no external space.

Hi,

Before you write more data or attempt to read data from the drive through Windows, I would suggest using a Live CD like SysRescueCD to boot from and access the HDD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/213342-data-recovery-problem-can-reach-corrupted-data-but-no-external-space.html
Relevancy 52.03%

hi i have a scSi disk GB i [Hard header sql recovery] data Drive / extractors data lost information from it and tried to recover with other recovery softwares to no avail finally i got winhex amp got the professional licence i can now data extractors / sql header [Hard Drive data recovery] be able to see all the information on the whole NTFS partition but the problem is that i data extractors / sql header [Hard Drive data recovery] can t be able to recover it when ever i open the logical drive i can see all the information and most of the information is stack up in a quot free space quot which is around gb which i can be able to see has all the information that i need i have tried to recover the free space but its only copied to the location that i specify and no recoveries are made recovering the files by type name has bore no fruits a freind told me i have to curve out that area and use data extractors to get the information out of that area freee space the information in that drive are sql data bases and zip files whats the header for sql what techniques do i use to curve out that space and be abele to extract the information for i can even read the information in text format which are the data extractors available in the market kindly assist its quite urgent i get this information out nbsp

A:data extractors / sql header [Hard Drive data recovery]

I don't know where this thread properly belongs -- but I suspect the question may be too esoteric for most here.

Since it involves data recovery from a hard drive I'm going to move it to Hardware, I think "all other software" is not likely to have anyone with this type of experience.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-extractors-sql-header-hard-drive-data-recovery.438131/
Relevancy 52.03%

Minitool Power Data Recovery or Runtime Get Data Back, which
one would you choose or which one did you choose? I want to purchase a serious data recovery program for personal business use.

A:Minitool Power Data Recovery or Runtime Get Data Back, which

you can try the trial of both products which give you a taste of what the programme is like  

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573327/minitool-power-data-recovery-or-runtime-get-data-back-which/
Relevancy 52.03%

Minitool Power Data Recovery or Runtime Get Data Back, which
one would you choose or which one did you choose? I want to purchase a serious data recovery program for personal business use.

A:Minitool Power Data Recovery or Runtime Get Data Back, which

Hi

Both are good programs and i would recommend purchasing both ( if you can afford ). Both has it's own pros and cons.
"GetDataBack" is good at virtual reconstruction of damage/unrecognizable file systems but i personally found it weak at recovering image files. It recovers images but most of them seems to be corrupted in my testings. Also you need to purchase seperate versions for FAT and NTFS ( GetDataBack simple is garbage ).

On the other hand, "Power data Recovery" works with both FAT and NTFS and it is better at recovering image files. Another proven tools is "R-Studio" which has quiet good reputation among DR professionals. It's user interface is not newbie friendly but has lot's of options which no other tools offers.

Data Recovery from an External Disk with a Damaged File System

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/367221-minitool-power-data-recovery-runtime-get-data-back.html
Relevancy 51.6%

i have lost my tally recovery data wheni pasted from pendrive tally data to computer tally.it was replaced

A:tally recovery data how i recover my replace data from my pc

Recover your data in Tally - Some Tips & Tricks to Recover Tally Datahttp://www.apnitally.com/2006/09/re...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/tally-recovery-data-how-i-recover-my-replace-data-from-my-pc/2147.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I booted up my Win 7 computer today and ChkDsk said my Ex HDD may have been corrupted and proceeded to delete some files. Those were some very important files - how can I get them back? (Video and Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 files)

I prefer free methods on this - I know I can buy software to do this, but I currently don't have the money. Or a very cheap method, if nothing else.

It's ironic that today was the day I was going to back up this drive.

Please help!

A:External HDD data recovery - Chkdsk erased some data!!

"How To Recover CHK Files Created by CHKDSK and SCANDISK ? Raymond.CC Blog"
How To Recover CHK Files Created by CHKDSK and SCANDISK

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/22300-external-hdd-data-recovery-chkdsk-erased-some-data.html
Relevancy 51.17%

BTW if this is in the wrong forum then please tell me and then move as appropriate Thanks Yesterday I was trying to put my Packard Bell iMedia running Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack to sleep and I got a blue screen with the following error codes STOP x x x C A xC x Following that I could not boot in any mode further than the Microsoft Windows XP loading screen at which point the same blue screen was displayed Today I decided to go ahead with a Packard Bell Partial Recovery which allows you to retain your data At first the System Restore on the first screen and Partial Recovery on the second screen options were greyed out and then Bell recovery Data following Packard partial recovery System Restore randomly became available so I tried that got an error message clicked quot OK quot the first time and closed it the second time and both times it restarted Then Partial Recovery was suddenly available So I went ahead with that and when it came to the screen where it asked me what user I wanted to retain the only option was quot No Profile quot Thinking that my data would still be in the place the instructions said it would be C documents and settings Chosen user name I went ahead with quot No Profile quot The recovery ran and the computer restarted and Windows started up again as if it was the first time I'd ran the computer So I created the two user accounts that had previously existed and then logged in with mine Among other messages due to the computer thinking it was new again a Data recovery following Packard Bell partial recovery Packard Bell window came up telling me that Data recovery following Packard Bell partial recovery the recovery had succeeded and my data was in quot C documents and settings Chosen user name quot It wasn't there And it's not there for the other account for Default User for All Users or for Shared Documents There is however about GB of the hard drive being used up by something and I don't know what So after all that I really have two questions Is my data still on the computer Data recovery following Packard Bell partial recovery If so can I recover it I'm on an old Compaq with Windows ME right now BTW I was able to hook it up to my monitor and get an internet connection It's just as well I had it

A:Data recovery following Packard Bell partial recovery

clarification - does your documents and settings folder only shows your new accounts?

do you have two window folders? Try a windows search for your old profile folder and see what it comes up with.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/data-recovery-following-packard-bell-partial-recovery-205468.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a 300gb Maxtor Drive partitioned into 4 drives...the OS on the hd was Windows Vista...While i was reinstalling XP i accidently formatted the whole drive because it didnt show the rest of the partitions on the screen...by the time i realized what i just did it was already 5% formatted...so i decided to stop it by turning off my computer...

i was wondering if the data (music, files, pictures, etc etc) is still recoverable...if so, what are the necessary steps that i should take to recover it...my friend sent me OnTrack 6.3 EasyRecovery Pro and i went out and bought Search and Recover 4...should i do a clean format on the drive and then run a data recovery software or should i run the software with the drive being 5% formatted...

if someone can lead me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it...thanks

pete

A:Data Recovery Lost Data from format

Please do not post duplicates. With patience, you should get a reply to your post within 24 hours.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-lost-data-from-format.594610/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi I have been using a Kingston gb data traveler to store work however as I was saving my word document to go home Word crashed and restarted itself it did not however bring up any autorecover options I therefore thought everything was ok and pulled out the USB When I tried to plug this in again it says USB device not recognized This device may have malfunctioned etc It then proceeds to install the USB as an unknown recovery? unrecognised Traveller USB - data Data device and appear like this in the device manager I desperately need to recover this data I was designing a Data Traveller USB unrecognised - data recovery? website and had pages of text on the USB stick What I ve Tried Plugging the USB in another machine This bought up exactly the same error Downloading a Data Doctor Recovery Pen Data Traveller USB unrecognised - data recovery? Drive tool This however did not recognise a USB as being in the system and thus did not work Is there anything I can do to rescue this data P s I use Vista -bit Business nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-traveller-usb-unrecognised-data-recovery.739439/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a 300gb Maxtor Drive partitioned into 4 drives...the OS on the hd was Windows Vista...While i was reinstalling XP i accidently formatted the whole drive because it didnt show the rest of the partitions on the screen...by the time i realized what i just did it was already 5% formatted...so i decided to stop it by turning off my computer...

i was wondering if the data (music, files, pictures, etc etc) is still recoverable...if so, what are the necessary steps that i should take to recover it...my friend sent me OnTrack 6.3 EasyRecovery Pro and i went out and bought Search and Recover 4...should i do a clean format on the drive and then run a data recovery software or should i run the software with the drive being 5% formatted...

if someone can lead me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it...thanks

pete

Closing duplicate, please reply here:

http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/594609-data-recovery-lost-data-format.html

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-lost-data-from-format.594612/
Relevancy 50.74%

pete

Don't know of any freeware ...
But I know someone who has recovered all of his data from a formatted drive using ..
http://www.runtime.org/

I know he tried some others ... but this one worked.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-lost-data-from-format.594609/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hiya I managed to lose one of my HDD s with all my multimedia on it and have been trying unsuccessfully Pc Data File Recovery Inspector Recovery With to regain it with PCINSPECTOR The Data Recovery With Pc Inspector File Recovery HDD ISNT where my windows is installed and has become corrupted something happened with the partition and it went kablooey The problem i seem to be having with PCINSPECTOR is that it comes up with for example quot Cluster MP quot and it doesn t work Is it something wrong with how im using PCI or something like that I scan for drives Choose quot NONAME on FIXED DISK quot scan for logical drives and withing the first ten seconds it comes up with two partitions Choosing the second one i get these files and the first one nothing Scanning them for FAT So basically am i using quot PCI FR quot properly am i doing something wrong and or is there a cheap better alternative with results Patch Sorry guys bt i managed to fix this with the use of a different program Awesome program I m gonna plug it now quot R Studio quot well worth the investment My Multimedia was worth the odd

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/152008/data-recovery-with-pc-inspector-file-recovery/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi all, i am requesting some technical assitance in solving this issue.

i have a hard disk that has been recently affected by [email protected] virus and all the .doc and xls files have been reduced to 1kb irispective of their initial sizes and when you open the files you get this error; DATA Error [47 0F 94 93 F4 K5]

I would like to recover the affected files to their original state, i have searched the internet over and no one seems to have the solution documented

currently i am trying to download QuickView Plus (Version 8), i have tried all aplications i can come across, including recover my files, winhex, get data back for ntfs, and r-studio.

i am honestly intrested in documenting the solution to this problem, and am intrested in suggestins on the best way to approach this

looking forward to your favourable reply.

regards

A:DATA Error [47 0F 94 93 F4 K5] Data Recovery

You will most likely need to restore those files from a backup. But don't do anything until you've made sure the virus is gone. Don't want to reinfect the files.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-error-47-0f-94-93-f4-k5-data-recovery.504545/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,

I have a larged data drive that failed a disk check. It stalls when starting stage two (I belive that is the verification of indexing). I have been able to back-up all of the folders except for a large folder of raw video. The PC locks up when I attempt to access/copy this folder (it appears to be part of the problem). I want to make an attempt to recover this data before reformatting the drive.

The check disk fails both at start up or if I run from the desktop both in regular and safe mode. Does anyone have tips for recoverying this data?

A:Data Recovery of data drive

You could try using a 98 boot disk and then run ntfsdos from there to access the ntfs partitions. Then try an xcopy of that file to another drive.

Another method could be to use Winrar to create a multipart archive and store it on another drive. This might chunk it up enuff.

Or boot to recovery console from the CD and then run chkdsk /r which marks any sectors that are corrupt as bad so they will not be used again, even after format. All take some time, but they are readily availalble fixes.

Alternatively, you could create an image of the drive and save that somewhere else, then run your drive manufacturers disk utility to check integrity of the disk.

Hope this helps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-of-data-drive.370254/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,
I?m looking for a Data Recovery company [not a Data Software company] to recover data on my drive that will not spin. Want to spend less than $1000. Please advise.

Thanks,
Joe

A:Recommend Data Recovery Company not Data Software Company

Best Data Recovery Company

I have visited many data recovery websites and evaluated their product.

But my experience with one data recovery is almost excellent.

Nucleus Data Recovery, the leading data recovery company having biggest range of professional data recovery software.

Their support is also excellent you drop a email for any help they will respond within 5 minutes.

To recover your data try Kernel Recovery for FAT+NTFS.

The DEMO allows you to preview the recoverable contents and you can check whether the file is recovered correctly or not by double clicking on it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommend-data-recovery-company-not-data-software-company.28462/
Relevancy 44.72%

a while ago one of my 80gig hdd i thought died. it was being detected in dos but it was giving me a parametre incorrect error when i tried to get into it in windows. i took it out and there it sat. i now just got a 120 gig hdd, which works fine. so i cloned the 80gig disk to this new one, and when i try to access it through windows im getting the parameter error again. does anyone know any software that will fix this so i can recover all my data? surely if the data is readable through ghost i can get to it some way..

ive tried norton disk doctor but that is absolutely useless.. cant even scan the drive.

any help appreciated. thanks!

A:HDD data recovery?

What version of Window? If it is a XP or Win2k you can try to repair it using the installation CD. A new installation should get rid of the problem too.

In cloning you get byte to byte transfer and you should be surprised if it does produce the identical error message.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hdd-data-recovery.263368/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi,

Could someone please help me with my problem? I'm using Windows XP. I couldn't get it to load Windows it just kept going around and around to the start up process. I tried starting in Safe Mode and it wouldn't. My teenage son got an XP disk from one of his friends and I thought he was going to just boot it, but he reinstalled Windows XP and now all my stuff is gone. (I know I should be backing up to disks, BUT...)

Is there any possible chance I can get all my files back, or are they lost forever.

Hope you can help.

Thankyou.

Liz D

Relevancy 44.72%

I have recovered one of my friend's external hard disk using 7 data recovery software(v3.0) (google it you will find). I have selected that drive,scanned it and recovered the files. My question is that was there any possibilities that the software might recovered some files from my internal drive(which I have not selected) simultaneously?

A:7 data recovery

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

You mean your personal drive?

Chances are low, but always a possibility. If you told it to recover a certain drive/partition, then it should just recover that drive.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/7-data-recovery-1011778.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Ok I was going to bring a drive that had the circuit board fried back to the store for a replacement and I was just wondering if I could just switch the circuitboards between the old drive and the new one and get my data back. They are both the exact same model.

Relevancy 44.72%

I have ten text files on a cd - if I go to my computer it shows that the data is there but will not show the folders - I have tried to go to disk repair and it gives me the message that windows cannot access the disk - is there a good free data recovery software out there to help me find these files?

A:cd data recovery

Hello Milam, and welcome to Vista Forums.

You might see if Recuva may be able to rescover the files for you.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/software/222783-cd-data-recovery.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Apologies if I m not posting correctly or in the right place I have follwoed all the steps on the Remove Data Recovery Uninstall Guide - twice actually because once I rebooted after not understanding the instructions fully and had to start again - S.M.A.R.T. Data Recovery but I still have the Data recovery program and shortcut showing up on my desktop and listed in my program files Of course trying to uninstall only activates the hide and messages Even in safe mode with networking I have not been able to get my computer to go online and I moved S.M.A.R.T. Data Recovery the RKill Download exe and the unhide exe to the corrupted computer via a stick I also pout the Malwarebyte s software onto the desktop this way and when I started it it said that the version I had was days old and that I could get an updated version which I thought might address the problem but havn t been able to figure out how to update when I can t get online It s taken me since Sunday to get this far and as I need my computer to work I am slowly lossing the will to live here Any help or further guidence would be most appreciated I saw manual remove instructions somewhere but didn t know the source and was therefore afraid to try I also tried to follow the Preparation Guide For Use Before Usig malware Removal Tools and REquesting Help Topic but got confused Sorry

A:S.M.A.R.T. Data Recovery

Hello and Welcome to Bleeping Computer!!My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I have put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of usPlease do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster. NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of hartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer. NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.DeFogger:Please download DeFogger to your desktop.

Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Security CheckDownload Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:
Download DDS and save it to your desktop

Link1
Link2
Link3

Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.

Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear:
DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyinformation and logs:In your next post I need the following

.logs from DDSlet me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/454720/smart-data-recovery/
Relevancy 44.72%

Ok, so I did something really stupid. While trying to partition my new SATA drive with FDISK, I didn't recognize the partitions on my backup drive and deleted 2 of them. Most of the data I had backed up to DVD's but I lost alot of my programs that I install on my pcs.

All of my music is still there on the partition that I didn't delete... but is there a way to get the data from the deleted partitions? I didn't format them.

I'm not opposed to buying software to recover the data as long as it's under $100... the data isn't that important, but it was very useful.

I should add that it was on an NTFS partition

A:HD Data recovery?

i'd run a google search to find yourself something. just be careful with what you're doing, as with all downloaded software. your software should come from a trusted and established source, or you could be in for a world of hurt.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hd-data-recovery.31014/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello I'm Recovery Help w/ Data looking for any help tips that you're willing to give as I've gotten outside the scope of my tech knowledge I have an old Dell XPS desktop that I Help w/ Data Recovery had previously upgraded to Windows that will not boot up Help w/ Data Recovery on me anymore I had almost everything backed up to cloud storage with the exception of a couple folders of pictures Help w/ Data Recovery that my wife had very recently put on there because she did not save them to the cloud nor did I back them up before the PC went kaput The PC had two GB hard drives that I have removed I borrowed a Thermaltake BlackX hard drive dock from a friend and connected it to my laptop which runs Windows Here is my dilemma All I want to do is get those couple folders of pictures and move them to my laptop but I don't know which of the two hard drives was being used on the PC -When I put one of them in the hard drive dock nothing happens but when I go to Disk Management it pops up saying it needs to be initialized using either MBR or GPT method -When I put the other one in it adds E as a drive on my laptop and pops up saying the drive needs to be formatted It shows this drive in Disk Management also and says it has a RAW file system How do I know which drive has my PC data on it and how can I retrieve it Thanks in advance

A:Help w/ Data Recovery

FWIW, reference materials: 

RAW Volume (Quietman) - http://www.theeldergeek.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36698

CHKDSK error message - The type of the file system is RAW - http://www.z-a-recovery.com/art-raw-filesystem.htm

What is RAW file system - http://www.raw-file-system.com/

External Drive Suddenly RAW Repair Guide - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic471852.html

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501479/help-w-data-recovery/
Relevancy 44.72%

Dear all Last night my friend accidentally deleted everything in the folder My Documents from my laptop and emptied the recycle bin afterward help recovery--please Data I Data recovery--please help am Data recovery--please help trying not to panic and trying to find out what is the best way to recover the data My friend said that there is one last step needed to completely wipe out the information and that he did not do that If you have any suggestions for me I would be eternally grateful Here is more detailed information from my friend about what happened I think the disk is FAT but it could be NTFS The OS is WinXP-Pro The Drive is a Hitachi DK CA- gb The files we care about are only DOC XLS JPG JPEG GIF BMP CSV TXT I sold my own laptop computer to someone a few months ago then last evening I discovered that I d left just over half a gigabyte files of my own old files on the system so I deleted the folder and zapped it from the recycle bin It turned out that the buyer had been storing new files she cared about there instead of the Windows Default C Documents and Settings a My Documents FixIt was not able to locate or recover any files that she cared about or for that matter any of the files in the entire directory tree that I d zapped which was C My Documents FixIt found pointers to thousands of deleted dll and other system files but all that could be recovered that we cared about was a few lnk files which may be worthless or may point to where files we care about might reside C Documents and Settings a Recent Thank you so much Sincerely --Elina Niemela elina stanfordalumni org Portland OR nbsp

A:Data recovery--please help

Look at this:
http://www.officerecovery.com/freeundelete/

Be very careful with the PC you deleted that folder on! Anything else that you install on that PC will OVERWRITE links to your 'deleted' files!
Best way would be to take the laptop-harddisk out, put it in a normal PC and do the recovery from that other PC.
For a laptop harddisk, you need to get a 2.5"-3.5" adapter first, so it will fit in a normal PC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-recovery-please-help.33260/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi i just burned a few games to disk (700meg) it all looked fine so i deleted the games from the recycle bin, then on rechecking the disk i have discovered that the disk now has 7 songs on it each at 44kb although the disk properties say it has 700meg on it so they are there somewhere is there anyway to get the files back either from the recycle bin or the disk ihave win98se thanks in advance ps i only deleted them 5 mins ago and i have not done anything else yet if that helps?

Relevancy 44.72%

Hello there people, any ideas on the best Data Recovery Software, hopefully easy to use  also, is there any software around that the equivilant of VLC for Photos, I mean software that'll open anything

A:Data Recovery

IMO...the "best" data recovery software I have used...is a paid version of Get Data Back - NTFS.  But...I have a small sample size, since I've only had to use such software less than 5 times in my 19 years of playing with computers.  So..."best" really doesn't mean much when you are speaking to me...whatever works for a given user is often considered "the best" by said member.  It's probably NOT the best, since "the best" recovery would probably be done by a professional entity and would cost more than most of us are willing to spend.

But I can suggest a number of options.

The following was contributed by a fellow Staff member and may be helpful:  Data Recovery Flowchart - Online Repair Service at FixIt.Litten.com - http://fixit.litten.com/datarecoveryflowchart.htm#flow6.

Info:
  Ddrescue - GNU Project - Free Software Foundation (FSF) - http://www.gnu.org/software/ddrescue/ddrescue.html
  TestDisk - Recoveery Software - http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk
  Testdisk Instructions - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic377698.html/page__st__15
  TestDisk Step By Step - CGSecurity - http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk_Step_By_Step

Other members of the forums have shared their successes in the forums using the following alternatives::
Data Recovery , GParted, AA - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic474881.html
Data Recovery Using Puppy Linux, Brooks - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/489067/dual-boot-system-bluescreens-1-of-my-startup-choices/
Parted Magic Iso Use - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic463745.html
PartedMagic File Recovery Move - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic479864.html
PartedMagic - http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/73085.html
Partition Find and Mount — free partition recovery software - http://findandmount.com/
Recuva - Undelete, Unerase, File and Disk Recovery - Free Download - http://www.piriform.com/recuva

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588812/data-recovery/
Relevancy 44.72%

I just formatted a HD and i forgot to save the pictures and docs. I know there are programs out that i could use to recover these files but im not sure what is good and what will help since i already formatted the HD. Can someone please help.

Hi,
Here are some I've seen suggested here at TSG;

1) Recover Files
2) Recuva
3) Restoration
4) Free Undelete (NTFS only)
5) Softperfect File Recovery
6) ADRC Data Recovery Tools
7) Undelete Plus
8) Data Recovery
9) PCI File Recovery
10) DriveRescue
11) Ultimate Data Recovery
12) Disk Investigator

Commercial:

Paragon Mount Everything (Mounts any file system, CD/DVD burning, File Manager, Partitioner)
GetDataBack (For FAT or NTFS)
Ontrack EasyRecovery Pro
File Scavenger
Recover My Files
RecoverPlus Pro
Zero Assumption Recovery
[email protected] File Recovery
Final Recovery
Recover4All Professional
Easeus Data Recovery Wizard
NTFS Recovery

Richard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery.719085/
Relevancy 44.72%

Help! I just installed XP and stupidly I forgot to unplug my external hard drive. I have a ton of data on it but can't access it. Is there a free partition utility out there, or some other way that I can get to this data?

Thanks,
Alan

A:Data recovery

The new OS no longer sees the external HD? Or installing the OS messed it up somehow? Try another USB port. Or you might try hooking it up as a slave drive to get to the data. Have you tried it on another computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery.364603/
Relevancy 44.72%

My father's boot partition got badly corrupted to the point where xp pro won't run. He bought a new hard drive and dosn't know what program to use to recover/ repair the data. He wants to use a program via the new drive to read and move the data (not including windows since obviously its not needed) to said new drive. So we we're wondering if any of you know of a program that can do this on ntfs drives (If that matters at all). It dosn't matter if it costs money. Hes willing to pay for it. Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 44.72%

Hello everyone,

I am wondering what tools I would need to take apart a HDD, pull out the actual "disks" the data is wrriten on, and then place those disks into something that can read them? I know professional shops can do this, but I never understood what kind of equipment they used. Does anyone have any links to any of this kind of hardware?

Relevancy 44.72%

I was having problems with my PC wouldn t boot up properly So I went to install XP on a nd hard drive so I could backup what I needed from my main hard drive By accident it formatted my main drive I think It formatted like gb of a gb hard drive in like secs- I stopped it as soon as I could The main question is Anyone? - Recovery Data is there anyway of recovering any data from that drive I don t need to recover everything but would like to recover mp s if possible but more importantly my uni work Data Recovery - Anyone? and photos If it s possible please could you point me in the direction of software that I should be using and what I should do to avoid losing the data forever If anyone offers this service then drop me an email and we ll sort out a deal Also is Data Recovery - Anyone? it possible to recover photos deleted from a SD card I had some holiday snaps on there which I copied on to my PC then deleted off the card If there was anyway I could retrieve those files please let me know Any help will be appreciated nbsp

A:Data Recovery - Anyone?

i would edit your post and remove the email address from the post - otherwise you will get lots of spam

this may help - i have only used on a CF card to recover images and it worked great

http://www.z-a-recovery.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-anyone.402326/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi,

Let us imagine one of the worst senarios: A computer's mainboard crashes (There is no substitute), the computer is windows xp and is password protected. How can I save my data?

Your help is highly appreciated

Just slave the crashed computers hard drive to a working computer. I've done it many times. All of the data will be right there for you to save. No password will be needed. If the crashed computer was running raid0 then I don't think this still applies.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/data-recovery-164314.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi everyone.
I recently bought a new computer. I took a 80gb hard drive from the old computer and installed it onto the new one. However when I open this hard drive up in my computer it only sees 32gb (free space). All of my files from the old computer are not showing (48gb worth). How do I get the new computer to "see" or recover the 48gb of files?

thanks

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi all..

Does anyone know of any software that'll perform a data recovery on DDS tapes? I have recently perfomed a 2k backup on a DDS3 tape and after adding an additional fileset to the tape, the original became unreadable. After advice on this "common" error i removed both fileset names (was told that these would be discovered again) now all the data is invisible!!!

HELP!!

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi,

Just wondering if you guys could give me advice please.

Ironically my backup hard drive appears to have given up the ghost & i was wondering if retrieving my date is possible.
It is actually a network drive, Iomega 1tb, it became undiscovered so i removed the Seagate Barracuda from it's case & tried it in a sata drive dock. It runs quietly and sounds like it is spinning but doesn't show in my computer.
It shows as disk 6 in disk management as well as online & healthy but will not initialize, so no drive letter.

Am i wasting my time?
Thanks in advance.

See if a linux live cd can pick it up.

screenshots

downloads

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/288915-data-recovery.html
Relevancy 44.72%

The problem I have is this I had Western Digital GB hard drives in RAID configuration and HD failed but the system still booted up I didn't notice for a few days that HD had failed because what seems to have happened is the RAID took my backup DATA drive drive a GB drive NOT built into the initial RAID Help Data Recovery and built that drive into the failed Data Recovery Help array So now we have Drive the GB drive and drive the GB drive in the RAID and drive completely failed Problem is Drive was not in any RAID but was a stand alone DATA disk a GB drive with all my personal Data on it I had GB of data on this stand alone drive Now I took out drive and viewed it from another computer and it's showing as a GB drive and the data showing is identical to drive the GB i e program files windows etc but I don't see any of my Data Question is what can I do to retrieve my GB of data I ran data recovery software but the only thing I'm finding is a GB System Volume Information file in poor condition Can I try to recover that if so will that bring back the original state of my drive The original state was the drive showed as GB and had GB of data whereas now it shows as GB with a mirror of drive Need help please

A:Data Recovery Help

FYI : MSI K9N4 Sli Motherboard

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/67021-data-recovery-help.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I had a bunch of photos on my computer, I decided to store them all on my external hard drive, once they were moved I deleted them from my computer. This was about a month ago. Since then the external crashed and is now unreadable, is there any way to recover the data from my computer, any really good software that works well and is relatively inexpensive if not free, I don't exactly have the money to repair the external.

thanks

A:data recovery

Download and try out the following. I have always had good luck with this program. But I have never went after anything a month after. Give it a try.

PC INSPECTOR™ File Recovery 4.x is a data recovery program that supports the FAT 12/16/32 and NTFS file systems.

The current version 4.x replaces the previous version 3.x, which is now over 6 years old.

Features in PC INSPECTOR™ File Recovery 4.x
• Finds partitions automatically, even if the boot sector or FAT has been erased or damaged
• Recovers files with the original time and date stamp
• Supports the saving of recovered files on network drives
• Recovers files, even when a header entry is no longer available. Competition products cannot recover such files.

http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/uk/welcome.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery.668104/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi all,

So my laptop died [I do know a dead one when I see one] during a writing session. Totally dead. 2 uninterrupted hours of stream-of-consciousness with background saves every 5 minutes so I guessed I lost 5 minutes worth, max.

How wrong am I? My problem is that the old days seem to be gone - I take the drive out, put it into other machines/external boxes and try ALL my old tricks.

No data. Zip.

All help/suggestions greatly appreciated.

Spinrite? Does the hard drive spin up at all?

Pro and Con arguments ref. condensation (internal) and putting it in a fridge/freezer. I suppose with progressive temperature reduction and dessicants you could reduce the risk and gain the chance of some recovery.

It all depends on the value of the data vs the effort (and expense with commercial data recovery) you wish to expend.

Somewhat disconcerting that both the laptop and drive are dead- suggests significant power problem.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/36310-data-recovery.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I accidentally deleted a folder I didn't want to delete. I was wondering if there is a way to recover the files. I haven't done much to overwrite them in the computer's memory (at least I don't think so,) I don't know much about data recovery at all, I've just heard it's possible. Thanks for any help!!

A:Data Recovery?

Have you checked the recycle bin for the folder?

Try here fo PC Inspector

http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/UK/welcome.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery.469879/
Relevancy 44.72%

My external hard drive just died...it wont let access any of the folders. When I try to click the drive it says that it is not formatted. It's a 320 gb hd, but it says there is 0 gb. I was trying to use Photorec to get the files back but it was changing the file names of everything. Is there anything that will reconstruct the hard drive to the way it was?

A:Data Recovery Help!!!

It's possible the HD is OK and the circuits in the case have died.
Get a USB/IDE/SATA adapter, remove the drive from the case and see if it works.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2329300&sku=M501-1220

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-help.713725/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi Dears,
I am searching for any professional training center who offers Data recovery specialization course and also hard disk repairing course,

Please let me know the training centers in Asia only

A:Data Recovery Course

You do find numerous IT courses online which you can enrol onto and get trained while in the comfort of your home.

This reputable firm is also based in India (so you might want to do on-site training instead of online)
http://www.hdrconline.com/

This is another online firm based in the USA
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/data_recovery_online.html

Hope this helps and good luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-course.852755/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello I have a MAC and when I turn it on it makes a noise like zzzzzzzzzzzz tac zzzzzzzzzzz tac. And then I can see my files but not open any of them. Any idea what the problem may be? Thanks in advance.

Sounds like the hard drive is making this noise. Common with a crashed drive that is attempting to read a sector ( portion of the hard drive where data is stored ) and unable to read it and it retries over and over again and is like a record player that has a scratched record where the needle skips back to the prior track etc.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,148008.0.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I always thought that the best way to secure files is to put it on a CD or DVD because it would be there safely for a lifetime, keeping in mind that you should protect it from scratches or any form of physical damage to the CD. Just this morning I came across with an article saying that older CDs or DVDs will eventually have reading problems until the files are completely unrecoverable.It did not totally changed my way of thinking but somehow put a doubt on it. If this is true then we should recover the files on those media (CD/DVD) and transfer it into a new one. The same article also gave an overview on a couple of software to aid in recovery.Here's the link to that article:http://www.ghacks.net/2010/09/20/cd-dvd-data-recovery-software-overview/I hope that you would find this helpful.

A:CD DVD Data Recovery

Real-life (not accelerated aging) tests have revealed that some CD-Rs degrade quickly even if stored normally. The quality of a CD-R disc has a large and direct influence on longevity?low quality discs should not be expected to last very long. According to research conducted by J. Perdereau, CD-Rs are expected to have an average life expectancy of 10 years.Branding isn't a reliable guide to quality, because many brands (major as well as no name) do not manufacture their own discs. Instead they are sourced from different manufacturers of varying quality. For best results, the actual manufacturer and material components of each batch of discs should be verified.An example of a CD-R burned in 2000 showing dye degradation in 2008. Part of the data on it has been lost.Burned CD-Rs suffer from material degradation, just like most writable media. CD-R media have an internal layer of dye used to store data. In a CD-RW disc, the recording layer is made of an alloy of silver and other metals?indium, antimony, and tellurium. In CD-R media, the dye itself can degrade, causing data to become unreadable.As well as degradation of the dye, failure of a CD-R can be due to the reflective surface. While silver is less expensive and more widely used, it is more prone to oxidation resulting in a non-reflecting surface. Gold on the other hand, although more expensive and no longer widely used, is an inactive material, so gold-based CD-Rs do not suffer from this problem. - WikiSo as long you use "good quality" media, you're set for around 10 years.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/417686/cd-dvd-data-recovery/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi All

Dont know if this thread is in the right forum but here goes ...

What is wrong with my HDD? It displays all the files and folders on the drive but only some files have filesizes and the rest of the files haves filesizes that are equal to zero.
I can copy files to the drive and read files from the drive. The HDD is NTFS done through windows.

I think my HDD is ... BROKEN but I cannot say die! To many valuable files on the drive as you all can imagine.

How do I fix or recover the files?

Thanks in advance

Do you mean the data recovery software shows this, or Windows shows this?

Anyway please try this:

Manual steps to run Chkdsk from My Computer or Windows Explorer

Open My Computer, and then right-click the hard disk that you want to check.
Click Properties, and then click Tools.
Under Error-checking, click Check Now. A dialog box that shows the Check disk options is displayed
Use one of the following procedures:

? To run Chkdsk in read-only mode, click Start.
? To repair errors without scanning the volume for bad sectors, select the Automatically fix file system errors check box, and then click Start. (tick)
? To repair errors, locate bad sectors, and recover readable information, select the Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors check box.

Note If one or more of the files on the hard disk are open, you will receive the following message:

The disk check could not be performed because the disk check utility needs exclusive access to some Windows files on the disk. These files can be accessed by restarting Windows. Do you want to schedule the disk check to occur the next time you restart the computer?Click to expand...

Click Yes to schedule the disk check, and then restart your computer to start the disk check.

Wait until Chkdsk finishes Checking / Repairing any faults
Windows will then either restart your computer or continue loading Normally.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-recovery.99347/
Relevancy 44.72%

unsure if this is in the rite place but lets go , im trying so sort out a lap top , (hp) what happened was the thing was partially formatted about 3% i think now it was running vista and all i need to do is recover some photos then i can reinstall , any idea as to the best way to do this ? thanks in advance .

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/data-recovery-306071.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I ran chkdsk on an external and immedaitely afterwards my 'Music' and 'Bookmarks' folder dissapeared. Is there anyway to recover those folders... using xp or cmd prompt or third-party software?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery.450682/
Relevancy 44.72%

so this drive which has data on it will not run. I have a bytecc usb 2.0 drive mate

that I plugged the drive into and I would not spin up.

now oddly, the bytecc usb 2.0 drive mate used to have a red light indicating power and a green light indicating connection. now the red light does not work, however I tried another drive and it spins and was recognized by the bytecc usb 2.0 drive mate.

so... assuming its only the LED red light that burnt out on the bytecc usb 2.0 drive mate then I assume its the drive motor itself.

SO...

can I open the drive,

take out the disk and put that disk in another drive which I know works in order to read the info on the dead disk? will that work or am I going to encounter more problems?

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi all,

So my laptop died [I do know a dead one when I see one] during a writing session. Totally dead. 2 uninterrupted hours of stream-of-consciousness with background saves every 5 minutes so I guessed I lost 5 minutes worth, max.

How wrong am I? My problem is that the old days seem to be gone - I take the drive out, put it into other machines/external boxes and try ALL my old tricks.

No data. Zip.

All help/suggestions greatly appreciated.

Spinrite? Does the hard drive spin up at all?

Pro and Con arguments ref. condensation (internal) and putting it in a fridge/freezer. I suppose with progressive temperature reduction and dessicants you could reduce the risk and gain the chance of some recovery.

It all depends on the value of the data vs the effort (and expense with commercial data recovery) you wish to expend.

Somewhat disconcerting that both the laptop and drive are dead- suggests significant power problem.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/36310-data-recovery.html
Relevancy 44.72%

hi

i last night deleted a load of digital pictures by accident and need a recovery program to get them back

are there any FREE data recovery programs about that DO NOT have limitations on file size etc...

i have windows XP on NTFS file system

thx

lee

Relevancy 44.72%

I have been backing up my data onto mostly DVD-Rs for storage and reuse, but with some things that need updating, I have been using either CD-RWs or DVD-RWs. My hard drive actually died on me, and I had to do a reformat, and now, of course, all of the RWs aren't readable.

Are there any ways of possibly recovering that stored data from the disc onto the hard drive?

Running XP Pro SP 2, with 1GB Ram and 1.6 GHz AMD, and a TSSTCorp CDDVDW

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi
yesterday I copied my old data from directly hard disc to hard disc via a PC. and one hard disc contain windows 8 and other has window 8.1
And when i disconnect my old hard disc (that contain windows 8). and new hard disc( that contain windows 8.1) booted in my laptop. And I saw my data that was copied by my. But when i clicked on that folder
The error message appears.
That E:\New folder refers to location that is not available and all the folders ( that are previously copied from hard disc) are suddenly disappeared. But hard disc space is still full of these files. and now when I am deleting that folder (in which I copied my data) Then the error received with this code
0x80070570and says that file director is corrupt or unreadable.
so plz solve my this problem
thanks in advance

A:Please Help Me about My Data Recovery

how did you copy the file over to 8.1 ??

place you 8 hdd in an external usb adapter and copy the files over, while your pc is already booted into win 8.1

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/66893-please-help-me-about-my-data-recovery.html
Relevancy 44.72%

about a year ago i backed up all my family pictures onto a CD using Nero Burning ROM. As i remember it an error came up just as the disc was finishing (ive had this happen a few times over the years of using Nero Burning ROM and never thought anything of it; the data/music etc. that i put on the disc was always fine).
However, i recently had a hard drive fail and ive lost all my family pictures and when i try to get them from the backup disc my entire computer freezes until i eject the CD. i can open explorer and see the folders on the disc (e.g. Mum + Dad, Holiday 1995) but its only when i click on them to view the pictures inside that the computer freezes.

Is there anyway i can get my incredibly important (to me personally) back??

A:Data Recovery From A CD?

ive never used xcopy before...ive found some online instructions for it but how long should it take? its a full CD of pictures so 700MB

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-recovery-from-a-cd.101675/
Relevancy 44.72%

Any suggestions on a good data recovery program?
Multiple file systems, fixes/repairs FAT's, scan HD and recovers data...ect....

We occasionally need to do this, but for the life of me I cant recall the program we use to use, so will simply find a new one

http://www.z-a-recovery.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery.444179/
Relevancy 44.72%

Sorry this is kind of long but necessary to say to provide the circumstances in order to properly come to a course of action for data recovery My aunt s PC locked up crashed and when she booted it up right after it and I m told by her it failed to boot into windows She basically is recovery Data please help a novice user so anything outside of Data recovery help please apps doing what they are supposed to do she knows nothing It gave her the option to recover and I m assuming it was Data recovery help please the only option but she couldn t provide me enough detail to determine what occurred during boot up She chose the recovery option and it began and warned her all personal data would be lost She canceled the process but she doesn t know for sure if she did after that warning She called me and the only option I could think of was to take the HD out and try and do a backup and then do recovery Though because she bought it from best buy it was recommended to her to try geek squad as they can fix whatever it was that happened They were going to charge her what I would have to do the back up and fresh install of the OS But apparently they have custom tools they use that make the process better The geek squad tech came to her house and their tools failed and he looked at the HD and told her that all the data was gone So it appears she cancelled the system recovery after it began it s process His recommendation was to have someone recover the data from the HD before doing anything else with it This is where I come in I want to check with ya ll on the best course of action I use recova by piriform to recover files I ve deleted or overwritten but I ve never tried from a HD that was erased or even potentially had the partition deleted The geek squad tech is going to come back out to her house sat oct st He will be setting up an automated backup unit and installing the OS from a disc being provided by HP to install it again He is also putting in a new HD of larger capacity I assume as the old one is only GB And he will copy all of the personal files we are able to recover from the HD for her as well So it is best that if we can recover anything to have it by then I m concerned by the price they are charging for the labor to install the hardware and the OS but I don t think there is much choice Even at my discounted labor rates it wouldn t be too much cheaper Basically I told her to try and get them to waive the OS install fee and just charge for the others As they were going to do the install basically for free in the system recovery process they were only going to charge her to do before Anyways thank you for reading this and in advance for helping me find the best solution nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

I accidentally plugged my external HD to the wrong power supply I have very similar ones next to each other in my work area Now the correct power cord won t power the Recovery Data HD I realized there was a problem when I looked over at the HD and saw the red and green lights on steady and then they went out After looking at Call Data Recovery For Help G TechTV show I see there are different types of HD failure soft and hard So I m trying to determine which mine is I have put it in another external case The HD powers up and the HD gets hot I can here it quot running quot but the drive is not being recognized in My Computer nor is there any quot activity quot light blinking showing something is going on I can quot add quot it using Add Hardware and then quot remove quot using the Safely Remove Hardware function When I go into Device Manager and click on the drive Data Recovery which is showing up with an incorrect name and go to the Volume tab and click on quot Populate quot it shows as Unreadable Please tell me the data is still there and can somehow be accessed Any ideas nbsp

Professional data recovery is your only option and it wont be cheap!!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-recovery.64251/
Relevancy 44.72%

My 30 GB drive started making a clanking noise last night and today finally lost the will to live I wanted to know if there was any way to retrieve the data that was on there? When it was connected and I switched my PC on, after the clanking noise the message on the screen said that there were no hard drives at all even though the drive was the slave. I installed a new drive and windows booted fine but I would still like to get some of the stuff that was on the broken drive.

Cheers.

Si

You could try the freezer trick I first learned from Mr.G I believe.
Put the drive in a plastic bag trying to get as much air as possible out of it, then place it in the freezer. Let it get good and cold and then rush it to your comp, connect it and recover what you can from it. Remembering this is the last time it will ever work.

Other than that I'd say if you really wanted to put the effort in you could disassemble it and play with things, but you probably will muck it up even worse, but hey its alread dead :dead: .

You could also since its dead beat on it a bit (softly at first) and see if you can knock some sense into it. heh. But really the freezer trick I have heard can work, and I'm sure there are some others, just wait before you try something for someone elses response. I'd hate to be the one to offer you a suggestion you take and it completely kills the drive when someone else has a suggestion that will save it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-recovery.1913/
Relevancy 44.72%

hi guys please I need to know whats is the latest data recovery solution other than RAID
thanks in advance!

Relevancy 44.72%

Hello I'm looking for any help tips that you're willing to give as I've gotten outside the scope Data Recovery of my tech knowledge I have an old Dell XPS desktop that I had previously upgraded to Windows that Data Recovery will not boot up on me anymore I had almost everything backed up to cloud storage with the exception of a couple folders of pictures that my wife had very recently put on there because she did not save them to the cloud nor did I back them up before the PC went kaput The PC had two GB hard drives that I have removed I borrowed a Thermaltake BlackX hard drive dock from a friend and connected it to my laptop which runs Windows Here is my dilemma All I want to do is get those couple folders of pictures and move them to my laptop but I don't know which of the two hard drives was being used on the PC -When I put one of them in the hard drive dock nothing happens but when I go to Disk Management it pops up saying it needs to be initialized using either MBR or GPT method -When I put the other one in it adds E as a drive on my laptop and pops up saying the drive needs to be formatted It shows this drive in Disk Management also and says it has a RAW file system How do I know which drive has my PC data on it and how can I retrieve it Thanks in advance

when this computer worked did it have two drives? Like a c:\ and d:\ as well as maybe a cd/dvd drive e:\  or did it only have one drive? Like a c:\ drive where your files where and then a d:\ drive for the cd/dvd drive?

A higher level question would be do you know if this was a raid setup before?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/502092/data-recovery/
Relevancy 44.72%

Who has the best? The pricing seems to vary, why the big difference?

Relevancy 44.72%

Hello,

Does anyone  know how i would recover a microsoft word document that was not saved when microsoft word crashed ?

i use Win 7 and Word 2010

Many Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/621913/about-data-recovery/
Relevancy 44.72%

I had an old computer that ran into some issues a year ago and it stopped booting into windows It had two hard-drives both of which were running smoothly Today I used an IDE to USB adapter and pulled data off of one of the drives When I tried the second drive it came up as unallocated and it Recovery Data Help wasn t initialized in the disk management Data Recovery Help screen When I click to initialize it nothing Data Recovery Help happens So I loaded up Partition Table Doctor and attempted to rebuild the partition table This worked and I was able to see a correct root file system Upon restarting my computer I found that the drive still wasn t appearing in My Computer So I loaded up Partition Table Doctor again Data Recovery Help and it still showed the correct root file system I ran a check and it said to run fixboot This resulted in a screen saying it was unable to fix the boot sector of the disk Any ideas I also ran recovery wizard and none of the partitions found in that seemed to match what the partition table doctor put together for a root file nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-help.874588/
Relevancy 44.72%

Im just needing a link to the place to order a recovery disk or hopefully to download  link for a USB boot download.

Model:  Dv7-4285dx 
prod#: XZ029UA#ABA
SerialL#: (removed content)

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Recovery-Data-dV7/td-p/5796082
Relevancy 44.72%

My power supply on my old comp died, so it was time to upgrade computers, I went from running windows XP to windows 7 now. I saved my old "previously upgraded" 320g wd internal drive to recover the data to my new machine. I got an external drive enclosure, installed everything but windows is telling me I dont have "access" to the drive. Any help? When I go into disk management, it sees the drive but it's not initialized, nor will it let me initialize it when I try.

Thanks

Is that external connected via a controller card? Is the driver for that controller installed?

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/153970-data-recovery.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I need advice in a decent data recovery program (willing to buy) that will recover info off a formated machine that used to run Server 2000 that now runs XP

dont know what else kind of info there is, let me know if you need more

Hi Daredeval you could try getdata back by runtime.

Or you can try free programs this website should help guide you through:

http://www.datarecoveryadvice.org/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery.728601/
Relevancy 44.72%

A friend of mine just crashed his computer...and lost everything... what can be the best way to get the old data back??

Relevancy 44.72%

I tried Recuva, PCI, Pandora, regained some lost files but mostly clusters and unreadble files in some gibberish. I'm only interested in Microsoft word files I created, no pics or anything else. Thanks

You might try...

Partition Find and Mount ? free partition recovery software - http://findandmount.com/

Easeus Data Recovery, http://www.ptdd.com/

GetDataBack - Data Recovery Software - http://runtime.org/data-recovery-software.htm

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/361669/data-recovery/
Relevancy 44.72%

I just used O&O's Disk Recovery 6, trying to reover from files from a drive that I had repartitioned. It works modestly well, as far as actually recovering the files, once you sort through all of the possible files that it finds, but like in the case at hand, there are over 300,000 files, and the version that I use only lets me recover 1000 at a time. I know that they have a newer version without this limit, but even so it would still require endless rummaging to find exactly what you want, because it scans the entire drive, without letting one set a search zone, and it labels all of the files with it own numbering system, rather than the files original identity.

This makes me wonder if there is a recovery program available that would be easier to use?

Try Zero Assumption Recovery (ZAR). I have it on one of my XP machines. It's not free (except the photo recovery) but you can use it is as a trial and test. It used to have a three or four folder trial limit but I think that has been increased. Give it try. The link below is to the tutorials page of ZAR. It shows what's available.

Tutorials - using ZAR data recovery

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/204208-data-recovery.html
Relevancy 44.72%

My son had a "missing init.exe error" and tried to solve the problem. The last thing he did was start the destructive recovery process. He did not have the recovery disks and only got as far as backing up the files. This missining init.exe did not let him get through xp start up and I need to get his data off this disk. What is the best way to dod this? Thanks for your help! gogoavgirl

A:data recovery help

Hi gogoagirl, Welcome to TSF!

You have not mentioned whether the problem is with a desktop PC or a laptop; so for the moment we will guess that it is a desktop PC.
The best way to recover data from a suspect 'dead' or corrupt HDD is to 'slave' it inside another PC.
To do this, you will need to physically remove the HDD; change the jumper pins to 'Slave'; install it in the other PC, and you should then be able to access the data.
One piece of advice:...DO NOT attempt to transfer any of the Operating System (Windows?) files.
Once you have retrieved the data thats needed, replace the HDD back into its own PC and format it and prepare it for a reinstallation of Windows?.
What Brand of computer is this?...Different manufacturers have different methods for carrying out a format/installation..please advise us so that we can assist you further.

Kind Regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/data-recovery-help-278906.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Had Trouble retrieving data from a hard drive that crashed kept getting access denied message due to my documents having a password on it but following Kimsland advice(below) data recovered Phew thought i lost all my photos
Thanks a million

Xp pro on crashed drive
Xp Home on system i put drive into

Thanks to Techspot For This Great Site Also
Cheers Herb

Security Permission issue http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/security/permissions.mspx

Right click the folder you want to open and choose Properties>Security. Make sure their is a group named "Everyone". If not click Add>Advanced>"Find Now" and choose everyone. Click OK and you should no longer get those nasty Access Denied messages. (refer to the above link to allow specifically your user account to access the old Hard Drive folders)

Note: in Windows Xp Home, the "Security" menu will not show. Just start your computer in Safe Mode (continuously press F8 function key on computer Startup then select Safe Mode)
Also confirm that you are running an Administrator privlidged account. (Check Users in Control Panel)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-recovery.105684/
Relevancy 44.72%

PLEASE NOTE I know for a fact that this is not a hardware problem because i put a bunch of random huge files on the drive and filled it up when I bought it and ran a bunch of disk checking utilities this drive was purchased at best buy brand new PLEASE NOTE I was downloading some more stuff onto my week old gig hard drive and something terrible happened First thing that happened was windows telling me that i couldnt access a folder on data Help ;( recovery with the drive One of my files got corrupted when I was downloading something earlier so i figured that was the problem and I deleted it and emptied it from the Help with data recovery ;( recycle bin That didn t solve the problem so I closed all my programs and rebooted the computer and when I got back into xp I clicked on the drive and it told me that quot this disk is not formatted would you like to format it now quot This could possibly be because I had downloaded more stuff than my drive then it could hold but it didn t tell me Please help me I spent days copying my cds to this drive and encoding them into mp s and the remainder of the time loading other stuff that was on cds nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

I have a problem. I have to add computers to a domain at work that are currently part of a workgroup. My first computer went well. When I did the second PC I may have copied the new profile into the old one instead of the other way around. Now I can not find any data that used to be in the my documents folder from the old profile. Is there a way to recover lost data? Since I didn't technically delete the old profile I was hoping it was still on the hard drive somewhere. Thanks.

You could try using a program like: http://www.officerecovery.com/freeundelete/

Which is free undelete, because of the way windows "deletes" files even when having deleted you can recover the files, If you over-wrote the profiles etc, then this may/may not be possible but give it a go and post back with your results...

Cheers,
Jamey

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/data-recovery-251093.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Is there any freeware data recovery software out there?

Thanks

BD

Here's one that was recommended on TSG.
Here's another that mobo has suggested for recovering deleted photo's.
If this just happened D\L these two programs and stop using your computer, the more activity the greater the chance that your deleted files will be over written.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery.267758/
Relevancy 44.72%

I recently was done wrong by a pawn shop and they ended up deleting 98% of my files except of my ex-gf. Anyway, I'm not the most tech savy but I did research and found Miniool Power Data Recovery. After purchasing, I realized it said something of the sort that if I try to recover from the same drive I lost files from onto the same one It will ultimately be a fail.

Is there another way around this? Do I have to buy a external hard drive? I'm in desperate quick need of help.

Thanks

A:Data recovery help

Its always recommended not to restore to the file drive as it could cause conflicts or override itself.

So I would as you already mentioned buy an external drive or even a USB drive large enough to hold your recovered data.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f50/data-recovery-help-277364/
Relevancy 44.72%

Well it all started when I tried installing an old CD drive onto my system. I then got the error message "missing or corrupt hal.dll file". One thing led to another and what I thought was a REPAIR install of Windows XP, actually erased my whole hard drive leaving only a partially completed Windows subdirectory.

I plugged the hard drive into another computer as a secondary drive and all it's showing is just that Windows subdirectory. I've tried a data recovery program, but it is not showing anything on the hard drive.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
My life is on this hard drive and I haven't done any recent backups (including an important project I've been working on)

Thanks,
Leee

A:Data Recovery Help!!!!

Quick Shot.....

Only can give links to software recovery.

[email protected] UNERASER
http://www.uneraser.com/
System Mechanic Pro
(Has a recovery software included in the package, Works pretty good
from "my experience" with it.}
http://www.iolo.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-help.488797/
Relevancy 44.72%

how we recover the data who is deleted with virus with the help of commond promp or give the suitable answer which is easily to understand

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/recovery-of-data-412141.html
Relevancy 44.72%

i have posted here before as mom2techsupport but lost my password. so, hello everybody --and i have a question--

i hope someone can help here--i am attempting to recover some pictures of a harddrive. it's a situation i have never run into before and i am completely lost--

drive spins, can hear it.

windows and linux both see a drive, but don't see anything in it. couldn't select repair disk.

the most information i got was from active boot. the drive is 20gigs but was formatted into five partitions. one is 90mb, three are 1 gig each.

and now the weird part--that first partition is formatted in fat12.

any ideas?

for the record, i don't care about the drive itself, my hope is to retrieve pictures for the family that owned it.

Here's a few different tools to try to attempt partition repair and/or partiition data recovery. People have reported good results when using the tools but the result (and certainly quaility of the result) may vary by situation.

Gparted and TestDisk (freeware)
Partition Doctor (free to try, see what it finds, subscription required to apply any fixes
Active File Recovery (free to try, free version limits recovery to files 64KB or less.

For paid software tools, i'd say i've seen more feedback on Partition Doctor. It also appears it knows hot to try and "fix" things in a number of different ways

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-recovery.120610/
Relevancy 44.72%

I recently had to have my HD replaced and i need to recover the data from the old HD, mainly Photos. I was told that the HD had an electrical failure as opposed to a mechanical one if this helps..any suggestions on where i can send the HD to get the data recovered would be great..

Relevancy 44.72%

hi guys please I need to know whats is the latest data recovery solution other than RAID
thanks in advance!

please do not duplicate posts here
continue on this thread
http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/1131067-data-recovery.html

closing post

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery.1131066/
Relevancy 44.72%

My friend accidently erased my dvd+rw disk which had some of my files.
he says he used the quick erase option in Nero7 and i could recover the data using any recovery software.

I tried using Isobuster but it is not freeware and hence it only shows me the files,but cant recover them.so is there any good freeware recovery software i can use, since i dont wanna purchase isobuster for just a single file.

A:dvd data recovery

I know the feeling
I would charge half that local
try this link cd recovery
something there may help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-data-recovery.49858/
Relevancy 44.72%

I find out that my pc had rebooted after an automatic windows update and couldn't load Data recovery windows xp because of a disc error so i tried rebooting a number of times but couldn't get xp to load then i did the stupidest thing ever i have an hp pavillion and there's an option during startup called f system recovery which i assumed would work in the same Data recovery way that windows system restore does i e roll back computer settings to an earlier time like or hrs ago the warning said that i would have to re-install programmes but any data i had created would not be lost so i thought okay this sounds alright and went ahead with it minutes later the process was complete but when i re-booted i still couldn't get windows xp to load instead now i see warnings - - pri master hard S M A R T status bad backup and replace - ntldr is compressed press ctrl alt del to restart i tried re-installing windows xp but i received an error that - c drive is corrupt installation cannot be completed after googling what those errors mean i saw some fixes for the corrupt drives so i'm not as worried about that what i AM freaking out about is the hp f system recovery that i so stupidly went through with - because apparently it restores factory settings and wipes your documents clean Pls help how coud i recover my lost data

plug your disk into another computer with windows as a slave drive and drag across your current files..format your drive and reinstall windows and put it back on :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/data-recovery-254511.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi!

I have a problem with my HDD...
While I was trying to install a program the drive blocked and from this time needs to be formated.

I took this drive intoo another PC thinking that i could recover my data through another system but the same attitude from the disk apeared ....
The disk can be seen on my computer screen as a second drive but Cant open ....says that is not formated and needs to be formated.

Only format.

Does anybody know how i can recover the data?

A:HDD data recovery.

Try mounting it from a linux live cd, or use recovery software like GetDataBack or recover4all.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-data-recovery.20409/
Relevancy 44.72%

Things aren't progressing well with my dead hard drive, so I wondered if - worst case - anyone has data recovery places that they'd recommend, preferably in New York City.

:dead:

A:Data recovery in NYC?

The average cost really begins at $450 despite their "free estimates" or $279 flat fee claims. Is your damage at that value? If the plates are cracked or the magnetic material peeled off, or the bearings welded together, it still costs you $450 for no data rescued.
We recommend a place in Ontario, Canada as they best you can find.
Have you tried installing the drive in a USB enclosure that has its own power supply to see what you can see, or if the drive turns?

Some of these may not still be in business. Some data here is from my two-year old book, but these were good when last used.

Here are some we have used with good results when our clients needed a rush job for payroll or taxes or whatever.
Hard Drive Recovery; Free Evaluation, Fees start at $279, 877-840-3282
www.acsdatarecovery.com

Data Recovery/Repair, NYC; Fast www.AmnetDataSolutions.com
New York, NY

Hard Drive Recovery Experts; RAID, NAS, SAN server recovery. 888-567-8328
www.OntrackDataRecovery.com. Been in the business for at least 24 years; I think they are tied into the Ontario, Canada firm

Data Recovery New York; (212) 661-1145. Free consultation
www.ComputerAdvisorsNY.com

Hard Disk Data Recovery; Experienced, Reliable; www.MilesTechnologies.com/Recovery
New York, NY

Recover Data Quickly
www.DriveCrash.com $279 Data Recovery Flat Rate.
Has "Class 100" clean-room; corporate work as well.
www.aerodr.com

New York computer repairs; data recovery consultat free (212) 361-9981
www.BnyTech.com

Drive Recovery of New York; www.WeRecoverData.com/New-York/NY Hard Drives, RAID, Disk, Server; Free Est 212-594-5946

Data Recovery Service
www.DataRecoveryLabs.com No Recovery No Fee - All work done on site - 866-340-0111

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-recovery-in-nyc.107720/
Relevancy 44.72%

Im not sure if this really belongs here, but any way..

I had to format a computer, and installed Windows again...but first I had to copy the files over..well, I overlooked the desktop and didnt copy those files..

Is there any software out there that will recover these files even after a format has been done? Im willing to pay, but Im not willing to pay to send it to a company to do it. I've tried with Smart File Recovery, but they put each file as 1,492kb. I really need to get these excel and word docs back. They are the courts lol.

Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

Here's a FREE one you can try, called RESTORATION

I never tried it on a reformatted drive but it worth a try. Let me know the out come.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery.486063/
Relevancy 44.72%

Someone did a re-installation of his Operating System of the C: drive using his computer's 'Acer hidden recovery partition' (the alt+f10 procedure). Then he chose 'do not back up personal data (this will wipe the entire C: drive)' during the recovery process and his system was 're-installed'. All of his personal data was in that C: drive.

Does an Acer hidden partition recovery install zero-format the disk?

Serious issue: He didn't backup his data. His data is now lost, supposedly. Would it be possible at all for me to recover all of his 'my documents' data (important financial data, years of family pictures, ..)? The data is crucial.

I called up Acer (some low level helpdesk support girl answered) and they said "no it's not possible". I don't believe them. Would it be possible to recover his data with data recovery software?

His computer: Acer AZ5610

Windows 7 Home Premium

Relevancy 44.72%

I have a 4.7GB DVD with a large Microsoft Word document on it. It was written with Roxio Easy CD/DVD Creator 6. My Toshiba Satellite laptop will not load the document back onto my laptop. By checking "properties" it recognizes the disk is full. I tried on several computers, same thing. I can't remember what site it was but read a thing of others with the same problem which was resolved by a driver. I need to find the driver or a program to recover the data and photos of other dvd discs.

Mahalo,
Henry

Relevancy 44.72%

I have a Vaio laptop Recently it started acting up so we decided to do the Data Recovery Vaio recovery wizard to restore the system Unfortunately we forgot about the huge cache of pictures we had on there Since we remembered this we have turned it on only twice Any suggestions as to a Data Recovery software or service we can use to recover the files I ve tried EasyRecovery Professional as we have access to a full version of it but the only thing that worked is the RAW recovery taking almost hours and producing over gigs of pictures though we only had about gigs of pictures the rest are MPEGs and MOVs that have become decompressed into a ton of pictures I ve tried sifting through them but a lot are incomplete extractions A picture would appear in the preview but when you tried to open it it would be corrupt SO any software or services within a reasonable price range that does data recovery and digital photo recovery nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

HI

I have a corrupt sata 2 hard drive. The seagate disk that comes with the HD was used to check the HD and it shows that the HD is fine. We suspect that power fluctuation may have corrupted the OS XP Pro. We are trying to recover the data from my HD so we can reload the OS and was wondering if anyone knows of any software that can be used to recover the data. We took the HD and put it on another computer and it shows up with the whole partition as free. Would appreciate any help and thanks...doc

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi all, I had a family video on cd-rom that I have played on my computer, somehow the cd-rom smashed in about 10 different places, is their anyway possible to recover the video from HD? As far far as im aware all information viewed is stored somewhere for recovery... not sure if this is the case for videos that has been played or just stuff that has been saved, it was the only copy and very important sentimental video, fingers crossed.

Any help really appreciated, thankyou.

A:Data Recovery.

If the video was only on CD ROM media, and the media is no longer good, sorry to say but no, the video is gone.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/data-recovery-141398.html
Relevancy 44.72%

i had a problem with xp so i tried repairing it which didn't work, so i reinstalled it on the same drive, so now i have 2 copies of it one cprrupted & one working well, but is there anyway i can get my data back ? i had important files in my documents & stuff ...

When you startup through the boot menu, or when you select the corrupted install as your operating system, does it give you the same error/message every time?

EDIT: Also, what is the *exact* message?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/data-recovery-251133.html