Windows Support Forum

Malware freezes Notebook (posting from other notebook)

Q: Malware freezes Notebook (posting from other notebook)

My own notebook (Asus EEE PC S101), running Windows XP service pack 3) was twice redirected to an unknown website when I wanted to visit the Guardian newspaper website. I was using IE version 8. Then the notebook froze. When this happened, I had to switch it off without using Cleanup, which I have used safely for a long time. When I had switched it on again, I used Firefox to go to the Techsupport Forum. I followed the instructions to download dds.scr and began running it. Then the notebook froze again. It still tells me "Two logs shall be created on your desktop" Now the cursor does not move any more either. I write this from another notebook, but I cannot create a logfile,m as everything is frozen on my own notebook. Help, please,

Bienh

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Malware freezes Notebook (posting from other notebook)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Malware freezes Notebook (posting from other notebook)

Hi and Welcome!!

My name is Jeff. I would be more than happy to take a look at your malware results logs and help you with solving any malware problems you might have. Logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and know that I am working hard to get you a clean and functional system back in your hands. I'd be grateful if you would note the following:
The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
If you happen to have a flash drive/thumb drive please have that ready in the event that we need to use it.
Please be sure to subscribe to the topic if you have not already done so.
IMPORTANT NOTE : Please do not delete, download or install anything unless instructed to do so.
DO NOT use any TOOLS such as Combofix or HijackThis fixes without supervision. Doing so could make your system inoperable and could require a full reinstall of your operating system and losing all your programs and data.

Having said that.... Let's get going!!
----------

Are you able to boot to Safe Mode at all? If you are, try to run DDS from there and when the logs are made please post them.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/malware-freezes-notebook-posting-from-other-notebook-691915.html
Relevancy 76.54%

A problem has recently developed with my Envy notebook nbsp nbsp About weeks ago my entire wireless network began slowing down when on it nbsp nbsp Noticeable on all devices nbsp nbsp nbsp When my provider came out checked and tweaked some issues it appeared to be ok nbsp nbsp I went on with my daughers HP laptop and was drawing - mbps all over the house nbsp When I reconnected mine to the system I was only pulling up and down nbsp nbsp It doesn't start right dow... sucks 7260 - ENVY w/intel Notebook notebook - m7-k111dx away but after a few minutes nbsp nbsp So I put my duaghers right next ot mine and low and behold when I ran her's it pulled - also nbsp nbsp So I turned my wi-fi off and hers' popped right back up nbsp nbsp I have also tried this with an old XP mini my i-pads etc nbsp nbsp As soon as mine gets on the network the speed crashes nbsp nbsp nbsp This also happens with no one else home and no other devies conncted nbsp I have downloaded the latest up to date Intel driver for this network adapter and it hasn't changed anything nbsp Any ideas ENVY Notebook - m7-k111dx w/intel 7260 - notebook sucks dow...

A:ENVY Notebook - m7-k111dx w/intel 7260 - notebook sucks dow...

Bill_Ving Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about wireless networking poor performance and wanted to help. My immediate guess is that you might have mixed-mode networking going on.  This happens when you have two different PCs networking in two different modes -- one using "G", the other using "N".  The wireless router (or access point) can optimize performance for either mode, but not for both.  So, the "G" mode drags down the performance of the "N" mode PC, but even worse, with the router set for mixed modes, it performs more slowly than with either PC connected by itself.Here are some other troubleshooting steps you can try: HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8) | HP® Customer SupportGood Luck========================================================================I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.---------------------------------------------------------------Please click "Accept As Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.Please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on the left of the Reply button to say thanks fopr my help.========================================================================

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/ENVY-Notebook-m7-k111dx-w-intel-7260-notebook-sucks-down/td-p/5591130
Relevancy 76.11%

I made a Google notebook to keep the minutes of a meeting my business partners and I held last weekend. I made them all collaborators on the notebook so they could all make any changes or annotations they felt necessary. However, when they go to access this notebook they are prompted for a password.

There is nowhere (at least that I can find) to even choose to password protect the notebook let alone change the password. I'm pretty confused as to what password the notebook could be. The only thing I can think of is that it's asking for the password to my gmail account, which I don't really want to be handing out. Any ideas on this one gang?

Stink

A:Why do Google notebook collaborators need a password to access the notebook?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-do-google-notebook-collaborators-need-a-password-to-access-the-notebook.691569/
Relevancy 76.11%

The hinge on my much-loved Notebook has become 'loose'. Can I find repair help locally? Baltimore,  MD area. What is the correct term(s) to use to describe the problem? 

A:TouchSmart Notebook TV notebook swivel hinge repair?

https://www.google.co.in/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=hp%20service%20center... You can tell them that the hinges are loose 

Regards;SmileyI am an HP employeePlease click the White Kudos star to say thanks for helping.Please mark Accept As Solution if my help has solved your problem.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/TouchSmart-Notebook-TV-notebook-swivel-hinge-repair/td-p/5629497
Relevancy 74.82%

Now i'm not sure if i should have posted this here Freezes Notebook DVD My or DVD Freezes My Notebook in the hardware section - i'm hoping it's an XP Software problem and not a hardware problem I have a Sony Vaio DVD Freezes My Notebook Notebook - K series - PCG-K It's about - months old and almost everything works fine - everything except the DVD CD Combo Drive actually I hadn't tried playing a DVD until a few weeks ago - so i didn't know about the problem I've been on the Sony Tech Support thing with a few people and they all sound like robots who just repeat the same thing over and over and it doesn't help Basically what happens is when i put a DVD in the drive it reads the DVD for about - seconds then completely freezes my computer It just sits there forever until i restart However when i go to eject the DVD it also restarts the computer - i get no error messages once i got a blue screen for a second before the reboot but i haven't since - and it was too quick to read I reinstalled the drivers and installed the latest firmware update It didn't help I disabled the feature to automatically restart windows on an error - but it didn't help me get an error message The last suggestion was to do a restore - which i will try if i have to but i'd prefer not to i have no problems with CD discs only DVD's The keyboard and mouse are totally unresponsive As i said i've updated the software but it hasn't helped in the Device Manager the info for the drive says QSI CDRW DVD SBW C i don't know if that info will help but does anyone have suggestions i'm really hoping it's a software thing - not a hardware thing as i don't want to have to send the computer in for repair It is under warranty but i don't want to have to be without a computer for however long it takes Anyone have ideas on what to try how to tell if it is hardware or software

A:DVD Freezes My Notebook

This is more to try and track it down a little further...
Is it a movie DVD or Data?

Just in case its the autostart that is causing the problem:
press and hold shift while inserting the DVD (hold shift for quite a few seconds until DVD has been recognised within the system)
If at this stage, everything is OK, open up explorer and see if you can browse the DVD.
If still OK, try the eject.

As I say, this is more to try and track the problem down a little further.

Cheers,
Tee
www.ictresults.com

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dvd-freezes-my-notebook-45448.html
Relevancy 74.39%

We've got a desktop hooked into a linksys B router, and a notebook that accesses the internet wirelessly thru that router. lately we havent been able to get a decent connection with the notebook, and if we've gotten any at all, it gets dropped soon. is the desktop getting the majority of the bandwidth, which is eliminating the notebook from getting enough? if so, is there anyway to limit the amount that the desktop is getting?

A:Two computers, desktop and notebook, notebook not getting int. connection

What changed from when it was working to now?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/two-computers-desktop-and-notebook-notebook-not-getting-int-connection.398157/
Relevancy 74.39%

My wife has a two-year-old Samsung notebook. Recently when she unplugged it the machine cut off, even though the battery said 79% charged (it wouldn't charge any further). I figured that the battery was bad so I bought another one from Amazon.

This one charges to 100% percent and does exactly the same thing. I'm perplexed but think there's something going on with the motherboard that won't let it use battery juice, even if Windows 8.1 says it's 100% charged.

I've tried the hold the power button down for 1 min with the battery out trick to no avail.

Any ideas? I'm stumped and think I might need to get her another notebook.

Thanks, Robert

Relevancy 74.39%

New here and so I hope that I am posting in the correct place My new notebook an M -MX was in the warranty depot as we thought it had a dvd burning problem however that was not the case it was the media Anyway before it was sent into the toshiba warranty depot the level tech phone support said to get the computer to be like it was when I unboxed it days earlier new and old with now notebook ghost problems?? notebook Ghosted this was last month And so to my frustration all of my programs were removed however before doing this the software techie at the office Ghosted it to my Western Digital Storage Unit and then sent it off to the Warranty Depot While it was in the shop I used my yr old toshiba satellite which I am now typing on at this moment I was finally able to get the software tech from the office to reGhost my new toshiba new notebook Ghosted with old notebook ghost and now problems?? M on this past Saturday and left it with him for a couple of hrs and then returned to pick it up as there was not much in the way of programs on it and so it wouldn t take long to Ghost the Images back Well in my Western Digital Storage unit are Ghosts of this year old satellite that I am presently using After the techie new notebook Ghosted with old notebook ghost and now problems?? got my Restore Disk installed and tried to reGhost the image onto the New M it crashed He was using the wrong Ghost he new notebook Ghosted with old notebook ghost and now problems?? was using the one that was from this unit I was not happy especially after he claimed that he now had it Ghosted with the proper Image and I tried it out and it was very sloooooow to Boot He said it was my Norton I keep a log and had brought it with me and showed him how long the Boots took before it was sent off to the Warranty Depot with all the few programs that I had installed on it He had been doing other work and coming back to my unit while it was Ghosting and when it was finished I also asked him to plug in my gig SanDisk flashdrive and he went into My Computer and clicked on the drive and it simply hung there with the Timer showing Needless to say I am not happy and am wondering if the fact that he Ghosted the wrong image from my year old Satellite on it could have done any damage He said he would call me this AM and hasn t so I left a message with him I used my USB SanDisk before and there were no problems now he is trying to tell me that this drive has a peculiar install program that can cause problems I googled for it and found nothing I talked to the computer retailer a small outlet that I frequent and they indicated that it is simply plug and play Why the tech mentioned a problematic install program is beyond me as all i was trying to do was read the contents Is there a possibility that this notebook has been damaged by trying to Ghost this satellite to it He did do a full disc system restore the second time he did the Ghost Imaging however the computer is acting SlOOOOOOOOw to boot the SanDisk simply hangs there with the timer showing I would appreciate any comments as I am frustrated as to what is going on here I mean I would assume a techie would label the Ghost image with a name so that he knew which computer it belongs to Thankyou for your time nbsp

A:new notebook Ghosted with old notebook ghost and now problems??

Something you might want to try (it's a pita) is a repair of windows - this may fix some of the slowness issues you're seeing. The install program he's talking about is probably the U3 component of many larger USB pen drives. I think it's on most of Sandisk's newer large drives. A repair of windows might also take care of this. I seriously doubt that putting the wrong image on the machine and then putting another image on could do any damage to the machine itself - the folks here at my job do it all the time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-notebook-ghosted-with-old-notebook-ghost-and-now-problems.59864/
Relevancy 73.96%

My notebook running Windows Vista Home Premium has started to freeze up and act strangely I m a novice to intermediate computer user so I ve got some questions I connect to the internet on this system via a wireless router in another room Signal strength is excellent In Notebook Vista Freezes the past I ve had a problem with the wireless connection locking Vista Notebook Freezes up The connection would stop responding and there would be an exclamation triangle icon over the network icon on the system tray by the clock I would have to reboot the computer at which time I would get a blue Vista Notebook Freezes screen with the title DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE collecting information for crash dump Recently this behavior has stopped and is now replaced Vista Notebook Freezes by the whole system freezing Pressing control alt delete to try to bring up the task manager has no effect because the hard drive activity light is lit solidly and I m supposing windows is too overloaded to accept a new task I ve also noticed that if I stay off line then the system will act normally but if I use a browser or check e-mail with my Thunderbird install then the lockup process begins There s not a lot of RAM on this system GB of Ram At times during these lockups I have managed to bring the task manager up and it shows about - of Physical Memory being used with processes up and running The fist thing I suspected was the Hard Drive going out so between lock ups I have downloaded and installed Ashampoos HDD Control a hard drive diagnostic program It reports that the primary hard drive there s also a USB external hard drive connected for storage and backups is at health with a few minor problems and performance is at So I m guessing I can rule out the hard drive Then I suspected a bad windows update so I rolled the system back one week using System Restore It seemed to improve stability somewhat but it continued to lock up I tried using the Windows CheckDisk Utility to scan for errors and attempt recovery of bad sectors but it froze before it could complete I had to press the power button on the computer to exit and reboot Then I downloaded and installed the Uniblue Driver Scanner driver update program Without paying for the program it will only give you a report of needed driver updates It reports that I have four very out of date drivers Realtek PCIe GBE family controller network adapter Realtek USB card reader universal serial bus controller Sigma Tel High Definition Audio Codec sound-video-game controllers and Agree Systems HDA Modem I tried updating these drivers from the Windows Device Manager but all I got was a statement saying my drivers were already up to date In the case of the Realtek Network Adapter I tried going to the Realtek Website to look for a driver update but either what I need isn t present of I don t understand what I m looking at I keep the notebook up to date with Windows Updates except for the above mentioned roll back using system restore I scan on an almost daily basis using Avast anti virus Super Anti Spyware program and recently ran Iobit s Advanced System Care COMPUTER SPECS Gateway P- Windows Vista Home Premium SP Pentium Dual PCU T Ghz GB RAM Any ideas on how to proceed Any ideas on updating the out of date drivers manually In spite of the hard drive diagnostic program s report could it be the hard drive going out Not enough RAM I have the original Windows Install CD would re-installing the operating system help Thanks for any ideas or input nbsp

A:Vista Notebook Freezes

I hate to post such a short response to such a long informative first post but, it very much sounds to me like your HDD is failing, but its hard to tell for sure. Running a diagnostic test on a HDD in windows is not the most accurate way to test it.

What I would do is test the ram with memtest. Let it run and pass 5 times or more before concluding it has passed the test.

http://www.memtest.org/download/4.10/memtest86+-4.10.iso.zip
And if possible, I would run DFT on the HDD.
http://www.hitachigst.com/hdd/support/downloads/dft32_v416_b00.iso

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-notebook-freezes.976587/
Relevancy 73.96%

HP 9608 notebook freezes at Microsoft screen about 1 in 10 boots. Did memory diagnostics & hard drive self test - both ok, and reseated RAM. Still getting freezes. New hard drive installed 1 mo ago so Vista reloaded then - did not fix. What next?

A:HP notebook freezes on boot up

hi try running sfc/scnw and chkdsk and try to fix any files that may be causing a problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-notebook-freezes-on-boot-up.807542/
Relevancy 73.1%

For the past week now my notebook has been freezing when I in idle! with Notebook Vista freezes leave it idle I ve turned off screen saver power settings set the hard disk to never shut off reinstalled my nvidia display drivers and cleaned out some of my registry junk with the help of an HP tech I ve done a memory diagnostic I ve run ad-aware and it came back fine I ve flashed the bios and I also did selective start up where pretty much only microsoft items will start at startup and everything else is off When the pc goes into idle now I can wake it up but eventually the screen Notebook with Vista freezes in idle! will freeze and I have to hard boot it I m pretty sure this is a software issue because I don t have this problem at all in safe mode Before all these changes if I kept it busy and didn t leave it go into idle it wouldn t freeze for hours but then eventually it would Now it just does that I can wake it out of idle now but it still just messes up later Specs Hp Pavilion customizable Notebook Gigs of Ram Nvidia M GS Intel pentium dual-core processor Windows Vista bit nbsp

A:Notebook with Vista freezes in idle!

I believe that might be one of the Nvidia GPUs that has had heat issues, but can't determine it for sure. The problem may be that there is signficant heat even when in idle.

If clean booting provided no clues -- but the problem did not appear in safe mode -- try VGA mode from your F8 boot menu.

If it doesn't happen in standard VGA mode you can be almost sure this is a graphics processor issue.

It may be the hardware going bad not able to tolerate the heat build up even in idle.

http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=2203&tag=rbxccnbzd1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook-with-vista-freezes-in-idle.802272/
Relevancy 73.1%

I've been working on fixing this notebook for 2 weeks now.  Finally i just went and got a new hard drive, and after installing a downloaded iso windows7, it installed fine and worked great.....until I tried to shut it down.  Then it froze where it says: "Shutting down".  Thinking it was a first-time fluke, I powered off, then restarted it.  It worked fine again until getting to the same point in "Shutting down" where it froze as before.

Any suggestions?

A:fujitsu notebook freezes on shutdown

Hi

Many shutdown hangs can be attributed to a driver issue. Since you have performed a fresh installation of Windows from a downloaded ISO, have you installed device drivers for your system?

Before going on the web, make sure you have an Anti-Virus solution installed and configured.

Visit: http://www.fujitsu.com/global/  Choose support > support and downloads > select your country/region > notebook. Enter your serial, configuration, or model number to find drivers for your system.

Of course, visit the Windows Update Site and obtain the necessary updates for your Windows installation.

Best of luck and Please keep BC posted!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/559980/fujitsu-notebook-freezes-on-shutdown/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hey. I've some trouble with my notebook, here are details:

Notebook: ASUS Eee PC 1001PX.
I used to think that the problem was with its hdd, but it's not. I've reinstalled OS through PC and it still doesn't work. On PC hdd works btw.
Then I realized that the problem can be related with bios and I can download new BIOS and reset it, but that option was wrong. He simply stood at this stage.
And the last one, what do I want to do is just use 2 items (which I don't have) mean hot air gun for dismantling its bios, then insert it into programmer and firmware it through PC. What do you think, the game worth the candle?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook-just-freezes-on-boot-process.1170401/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi
I opened my laptop this morning and began to use however around 5 minutes in the mouse froze, however this was not the typical freeze behavior as when i left click and hold i can still move it as if highlighting text but if i release the mouse is immovable, I have checked the drivers for the mouse and display adapters but these are both up to date.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?94784-Touchpad-freezes-while-using-the-Satellite-A-notebook
Relevancy 73.1%

My notebook freezes and then I have to shut down by holding power button and when I disabled the amd graphic driver from device manager then it stops freezing. Kindly help me with this issue I will be highly obliged.

A:My notebook freezes due to Graphic Card

Tap F2 as you power up to enter diagnostics. There should be a video card test and you need to run it to see if we have a hardware issue or maybe a driver issue. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/My-notebook-freezes-due-to-Graphic-Card/td-p/5833126
Relevancy 73.1%

Windows XP media center edition serv pack Acer aspire notebook wireless AMD Turion x ATI radion express GB DDRw Ram Computer will always load the desktop background picture somtimes it freezes here with the mouse stuck on the center of the screen and no On Notebook Everytime Startup Freezes icons sometimes mouse will work until about seconds after icons load and then becomes absolutly impossibel to use sometimes icons show up but mouse is stuck in the middle of the screen No key comands or mouse buttons ever do anything including alt control delete at this point I am always left with holding the power button until Notebook Freezes On Startup Everytime the computer restarts there have been to times where this doesn t even work and i have to remove the Notebook Freezes On Startup Everytime battery in safe mode i have tried system restore Norton antivirus scan chckdsk system restore diagnostic setup none have shown any problems or helped at all any ideas this is my first post though this site is quicky becomming a common destination this place rocks

A:Notebook Freezes On Startup Everytime

Hello Sixth_Rule. Welcome to Bleeping Computer.This doesn't look all that bright . Do you have your XP disks still? If so they will be useful should we need to do a repair install.To help us diagnose the problem, please look in your Event Viewer for any errors and copy them back here.If you can still transfer files to that computer, you can do this to dump all the warnings and errors in your event logs.Download dumpel.exe by Microsoft and save it to your desktop.Copy the following into a notepad. Do not copy the word "Code"[email protected] OFF
ECHO Please wait.
ECHO Logs Dumped at Date:%date% Time:%time%>EventLogDump.txt
dumpel -l system -c -format tdTISus >systemlogdumptemp.txt
find /v ",4," systemlogdumptemp.txt>>EventLogDump.txt
del systemlogdumptemp.txt
dumpel -l application -c -format tdTISus>applogdumptemp.txt
find /v ",4," applogdumptemp.txt>>EventLogDump.txt
del applogdumptemp.txt
del dumpel.exe
start EventLogDump.txt
del %0Click File, then Save As... .Click Desktop on the left.Under the Save as type dropdown, select All Files.In the box File Name, input logdump.bat.Hit OK.Double click logdump.bat. The script should take only a moment to run. When it is finished, a text file named EventLogDump.txt (saved on your desktop) will open. Reply back with EventLogDump.txt copied into your post (or attached since it can be quite large).With Regards,The Panda

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/154653/notebook-freezes-on-startup-everytime/
Relevancy 73.1%

a I am getting the foll error when I tryto login to a website This problem has started since Monday and I had no problems earlier Others in my company also login to the same site and they dont have this error msg popping up QUOTE Authorization Required This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document you requested Either you supplied the wrong credentials e g bad password or your browser does ; 2 freezes : b)Notebook a)IE error PROBLEMS not understand how to supply the credentials required UNQUOTE b Whenever I use dial-up to access the net my Compaq Presario us freezes for about minutes or so and then becomes ok During these mins I am not able to open any new files or any 2 PROBLEMS : a)IE error ; b)Notebook freezes browser window or download mails etc though I am able to continue working on opened files but cannot save them After - mins the notebooks unfreezes and then its all ok My A-V is avast and I run ad-aware too both of which are up-to-date Please advise solutions Thanks Swati nbsp

A:2 PROBLEMS : a)IE error ; b)Notebook freezes

Swati said:

a). I am getting the foll. error when I tryto login to a website. This problem has started since Monday and I had no problems earlier. Others in my company also login to the same site and they dont have this error msg popping up.

Authorization Required

This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document you requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g. bad password), or your browser does not understand how to supply the credentials required.
UNQUOTE

b). Whenever I use dial-up to access the net, my Compaq Presario 2596us freezes for about 10 minutes or so and then becomes ok. During these 10 mins. I am not able to open any new files or any browser window or download mails etc. though I am able to continue working on opened files but cannot save them .
After 10-15 mins. the notebooks unfreezes and then its all ok.

My A-V is avast and I run ad-aware too both of which are up-to-date.

Please advise solutions ! Thanks
SwatiClick to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-problems-a-ie-error-b-notebook-freezes.308709/
Relevancy 73.1%

I've got a Gateway Solo 1200 running XP SP2. When I instert the Linxsys Wireless-B notebook adapter, the system freezes. If the card is removed the system windows wakes back up and everthing is fine. It will post fine with the card installed, but XP won't start. Other PC cards have been tried,with the same results.

A:Notebook freezes when PC card inserted.

Are you sure you are putting the cards in the right slot?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook-freezes-when-pc-card-inserted.299643/
Relevancy 73.1%

The cursor freezes without rhyme or reason while using the touchpad. Sometimes it freezes and right beneath the frozen cursor there's a tiny rectangular box with an arrow at each end - sometimes there's just a frozen cursor with no small box. The keyboard continues to work while the cursor is frozen. The notebook is running Vista Home Premium with 1 Gig of RAM. Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cursor-freezes-on-toshiba-notebook.732654/
Relevancy 72.24%

I Notebook Freezes Vista Connnection WiFi m only an intermediate computer user with Vista Notebook WiFi Connnection Freezes no Vista Notebook WiFi Connnection Freezes formal training so will need some help with this I m having a problem with the wi fi connection on a notebook running Vista Home Premium I can connect with no problem to my network the connection reads connected but after about an hour the connection stops working The browser is still open but navigation stops At this point I access the quot connect to quot network off of the start menu and now it reads connected with limited access At this point trying to disconnect has no effect I then have to reboot the computer which takes about minutes It sits on the shutdown screen for almost all that time When setting up the connection I called tech suppt They did not have me install any kind of software but instead had me type in an IP address and all settings were done from that web page SPECS Router is a Belkin G wireless router connecting through a high speed modem from the local cable company Operating system Win Vista Home Premium wireless radio type G Security type Wpa Psk Encryption type Tkip Vista is up to date with all the latest updates I check daily including SP I ve researched the issue somewhat and have found references on the web to this problem including a hotfix available through the Microsoft Support site for connections through a quot bridge quot Being intermediate I don t know what they re referring to Any Ideas Thanks for your help nbsp

A:Vista Notebook WiFi Connnection Freezes

Make sure you have the latest driver for the wireless adapter. If it is an integrated adapter the driver should come from your PC manufacturer's web site.

If you already have the latest driver use Device Manager to uninstall it; reboot and let Windows find the adapter and reinstall the driver.

Also try these repairs.

(From a JohnWill post)

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista.

Start, Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-notebook-wifi-connnection-freezes.821250/
Relevancy 72.24%

Computer freezes without warning. Have: Installed all windows and hp updatesRun Malware and Virus protection Have NOT:Installed any suspicious software or any software with which I am not familiar

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Envy-15-Notebook-freezes-arbitrarily-without-warning/td-p/5662198
Relevancy 72.24%

Can anyone help?

For the past month or so every time I am in the middle of doing something - usually on the Internet - the cursor stops moving and nothing happens when I press the Winkey or CTRL+ALT+DELETE.

I've done several system scans but found nothing. The mouse is built in and not a USB mouse and I am using Vista Home Premium on a Del Inspiron 6400.

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

ocset

A:Mouse freezes - having to switch off notebook regularly

Welcome,

Can be memory or other causes. Fill out your system specs and I will try to help.

While you get the information that I need, you can download this. You may want to run it overnight, because it needs several runs to be accurate.
http://www.memtest86.com/

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/279411-mouse-freezes-having-switch-off-notebook-regularly.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I am a former tech-specialist A certified and the whole yards - I buy a new laptop every - years nbsp HP's used to have a bad rep for the way they were assembled and that they ran hot Things changed or so I thought My ASUS screen died recently and I had to buy something fast nbsp Was looking for the fasted computer w the biggest hard-drive for under dollars Got this computer- did NOT want a tablet w a keyboard swiping creates a dirty screen and I do a lot of work w photos nbsp This machine constantly freezes and says - even though FREEZES!! Notebook AND PC Pavilion NEW 15-n211dx HP BRAND it has gigs free - that it BRAND NEW AND FREEZES!! HP Pavilion 15-n211dx Notebook PC is using of the hard drive - I've uninstalled a lot of the crap that comes with it and even changed to a lesser version of my own antivirus to try to give it more energy This computer is a piece of crap I am about to launch a review-a-thon and post reviews whereever I can warning people NOT TO BUY Oh and I checked with the place I bought it four weeks later and they are no longer selling it nbsp READ REVIEWS BEFORE BUYING nbsp Don't rely on specs rely on users who have come before you

A:BRAND NEW AND FREEZES!! HP Pavilion 15-n211dx Notebook PC

Hello jjoakim,Welcome to the HP Forums!I'm sorry to hear about the frustrating experience. Luckily, with your notebook being so new, it is probably still covered under warranty. If there are hardware issues, your manufacturer's warranty should cover any required servicing.The specs show that you should have received a 750GB hard drive. Can you confirm this? I have included the document 'How To Access Disk Management in Windows 8 & 8.1'. As the drive is most likely partitioned, you will want to use Disk Management to assess the full size.Do you get the error message regarding the hard drive is completely full, while you are working with your photos? The reason that I do ask, is it does sound like an out of control swap file could cause this error.If there is a problem with the hard drive, use this method 'Testing a Hard Disk from the BIOS' to test your hard drive. If for some reason it does come back with a failure, please let me know the exact failure code.I have also included a few standard troubleshooting documents for you to go through, to ensure all the basics have been done.'Computer Locks Up or Freezes in Windows 8''Improving System Performance without Adding Memory (Windows 8)''Windows 8 keeps slows down to 100% disk usage and hangs.'.Looking forward to working with you.

I worked on behalf of HP

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/BRAND-NEW-AND-FREEZES-HP-Pavilion-15-n211dx-Notebook-PC/td-p/3718730
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello there I bought a brandnew notebook last week It was a display model therefore windows and the main features were pre-installed already windows xp norton antivirus etc There seem to be a lot of processes running even if no application is open and I have no idea whether they are important or not I have installed a shut &/ down or doesn't new properly notebook freezes few programs myself adaware spybot acrobat reader office but some of it was on the machine already The software I knew I was not going to use I de-installed already windows money works etc however there is still a lot running The laptop seems to freeze a lot and doesn't shut down properly sometimes I ran all the suggested steps spybot adaware shredder in safe mode virus scan online panda and trend house call Nothing came up After the first day I had detected dumprep and deleted it maybe it is still hidden somewhere I was wondering whether the HJT log shows anything and whether you guys could advise me on things I can should delete Thanks a lot enzet - Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security ISSVC new notebook freezes &/ or doesn't shut down properly exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Executive Software Diskeeper DkService exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Alcatel SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS VM STI EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files HiJackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar new notebook freezes &/ or doesn't shut down properly http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY ario amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY ario amp pf laptop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext quot C Program Files Outlook Express msimn exe quot O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT new notebook freezes &/ or doesn't shut down properly SDHelper dll O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus... Read more

A:new notebook freezes &/ or doesn't shut down properly

I don't see any malware in your log. If this system is brand new, before you go tweaking it too much, you should consider going back to the source. Freezing and shutdown/boot issues should not be occurring on a new system.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/new-notebook-freezes-and-or-doesnt-shut-down-properly-85066.html
Relevancy 72.24%

When I am typing the letters just stop, like it freezes up, I can't backspace, delete or go forward when this happens.  It happens alot on facebook and email

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/the-screen-freezes-when-typing-in-notebook-laptop/td-p/5851778
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello I m working on a friend s notebook It was brought to my attention because it was so slow they couldn t do anything with click all one time with Notebook the freezes simple it And it usually is THAT slow Because there was no anti-virus program running and because I couldn t seem to do anything with it I re-installed the Windows OS through the recovery program It still is as slow as it was before Right now I have it working better only because I have disabled everything in the startup and only have microsoft services running through msconfig Another problem Notebook freezes with one simple click all the time is that it will no longer update windows I had installed Panda Cloud Antivirus thinking it would be best because my understanding is it is low on Notebook freezes with one simple click all the time system resource usage That won t run now either I have uninstalled it in case it s causing issues The system has no antivirus right now I have tried so many things I wouldn t know where to begin to explain The usual things are not helping I am self taught and usually can sort things out enough to get things going again but not with this one There are thousands of error messages and what nots in the event log I m really hoping you can help me sort this machine out And I m hoping to learn a little in the process I wouldn t mind learning a ton more about fixing computers too Is there a course tutorial etc that you would recommend Computer Specs HP Compaq Mini CQ - Intel Atom CPU N GHz GHz There are of these listed in device manager -bit OS Windows Starter GB Ram GB hard drive IDT High Def Audio CODEC Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Broadcom b g n Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Thanks ninjeera

A:Notebook freezes with one simple click all the time

Hello -First install an Antivirus program ASAP - Also make sure Windows Firewall is activated -It is really dangerous to go online without an antivirus. Without one, you are extremely likely to get infected. I can't tell you which one is the best because determining that is generally not feasible; however, I can give you my strong recommendations for programs that I have tested and that I trust. All of the following are excellent free (not free trials of) antiviruses. Be sure to only install one.Microsoft Security Essentials (what I currently use)Avira AntiViravast!AVGThis can be added to with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free and SuperantiSpyware Free or in paid/active versions -Be sure to UPDATE and Run Quick scans with Malwarebytes and SuperantiSpyware every few days, starting now -Others may have more advice for you soon, so please stay tuned - - -Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/473280/notebook-freezes-with-one-simple-click-all-the-time/
Relevancy 72.24%

I just reinstalled Windows today, and I downloaded the drivers for my wireless PCMCIA card (a Trendnet TEW-441PC) on another PC and used the disk mode feature of my iPod to transfer the drivers to my notebook.

I then installed the drivers and utility as per the instructions on Trendnet's site (I am a fairly advanced user but used the instructions just to be safe). I restarted the computer as the installation instructed.

Upon restarting my PC and inserting the card, I begin to run through Windows' New Hardware Found process, and upon trying to copy the first file, the installation freezes.

I tried a repair of my Windows install, to no avail.

I also noticed that if the card is plugged in during boot, Windows will freeze on the XP boot screen.

Any ideas?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wireless-pcmcia-card-freezes-notebook-195267.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I just reinstalled Windows today, and I downloaded the drivers for my wireless PCMCIA card (a Trendnet TEW-441PC) on another PC and used the disk mode feature of my iPod to transfer the drivers to my notebook.

I then installed the drivers and utility as per the instructions on Trendnet's site (I am a fairly advanced user but used the instructions just to be safe). I restarted the computer as the installation instructed.

Upon restarting my PC and inserting the card, I begin to run through Windows' New Hardware Found process, and upon trying to copy the first file, the installation freezes.

I tried a repair of my Windows install, to no avail.

I also noticed that if the card is plugged in during boot, Windows will freeze on the XP boot screen.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 71.38%

yesterday i decided i had too many apps on my laptop to uninstall cleanly so i backed up the files i wanted and did a clean install of vista Vista notebook Asus on S96J randomly freezes business bit ever since i did that my computer has been randomly freezing for no apparent reason i can see no pattern in when it freezes or what im doing at the time it seems completely random but the worst part is after it freezes and i use the power button to manually shut the computer down the display wont work for a period of time for example if the computer freezes and i have to manually shut it off when i attempt to reboot the machine i can hear the hard drive working and the fans running but no image comes up on screen unless i wait Vista freezes randomly on Asus S96J notebook a little while to power the computer back up initially i thought that it might be a problem with the display driver so i updated to the latest ati driver Vista freezes randomly on Asus S96J notebook for the card x mobility but i dont think that the driver problem will explain why the display doesnt even work in the BIOS after i have to manually shut down the computer i am just super frustraited with this and about ready to chuck my notebook out the window so if there is anything anyone knows that i dont please let me know PS all drivers are up to date as far as i can find the specs are Asus s j C D T Ghz Gb ddr x mobility

A:Vista freezes randomly on Asus S96J notebook

I actually just started having the samee exact problem as you. The only way I will get the display back is if I either unplug the power adapter and take out the battery then put it back in, or if I wait about half an hour until it restarts many times. I also have another problem when I finally do see the display and log on. Every day or two my display turns all colorful and freezes. That's when i have to do a hard reset and then boom, no display again. If anyone has a solution please help me out here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-freezes-randomly-on-asus-s96j-notebook-335717.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi everyone Bought a new laptop almost a year ago i was never able to find the cause of the crashes Here some specs - Intel i - U CPU - Asus K CB motherboard - NVIDIA GeForce GT m Dedicated GPU - Intel HD Graphics Integrated GPU - gb Ram single stick - Windows had the same problem with win On every game i play i get random freezes random crashes random BSODs some games do crash more frequently than others i've tried older drivers i've also formatted my pc but the problem Asus Gaming, Notebook while A56CB BSOD/Crashes/Freezes is still there Im not using any antivirus windows defender is enough for me What gets on my nerves the most is that even on old BSOD/Crashes/Freezes while Gaming, Asus Notebook A56CB games like quake live do crashand sometime it also gives me BSODs the fps are constant and quite high but i randomly get freezes about - second long another example im playing SMITE i get - fps but the game crashes every - mins this game rarely gives me BSODs when im lucky the game wont crash for - min but its very rare the gpu can reach - C With quot crash quot i mean black screen with a window saying quot Game exe has stopped working quot there are other odds things happening on this notebook for example i cant access to the bios while booting i can only access to it once i log to my windows account another strange thing is when i left click any file sometime it takes - seconds to get the quot open open with copy paste cut etc window opened quot I've also noticed that sometime while gaming my disk usage get to for an istant and when that happens i get a lag spike freeze you guys are my last hope if there is no way to find the source of my problems ill build a desktop and than ill keep sending the notebook to warranty until they fix it i've still got year of warranty i've also sent it once already but they only changed the hard disk and it didnt solve the problem too Sorry for my poor english hope it is understandable

A:BSOD/Crashes/Freezes while Gaming, Asus Notebook A56CB

please someone... D:

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/47759-bsod-crashes-freezes-while-gaming-asus-notebook-a56cb.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Notebook running Windows 7 only Boots and freezes in Boot Manager. Got into Edit Boot Manager but could not navigate. The Enter, ESC, Function, arrow keys do not respond. Tried removing battery - power button - restart, fix dosen't work. Hard disk/Fan/driver check ok. Restart with F8-safe mode does not respond; with F10-Bios (InsydeH20 Setup Utility Rev 3.5) gives continuous beep and navigation keys do not respond. Have to turn off notebook power to end beeping. Kindly assist. Stuck in Boot Manager

A:Notebook starts freezes in Boot Manager. No response from F, etc Keys

Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/241765-notebook-starts-freezes-boot-manager-no-response-f-etc-keys.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I am lost For a while now my notebook hasn't been running just right I am on dial up so I am especially sensitive to my notebook running slower Troubled Notebook Malware? than normal I noticed that it was slowly getting slower and slower Bogged down feeling I had McAfee and ran it regularly Old version of Ad-Aware SE and ran it regularly too For the last couple months suddenly I get security boxes that open up Troubled Notebook Malware? all the time I mean every time I am on this thing They pop up when I go to ebay They pop up on another forum when I get a pop up to show that I have Troubled Notebook Malware? a pm Just not running right anymore How can I fix it Any ideas Here is what the pop up says Quote Security Warning The current Web page is trying to open a site in your Trusted sites list Do you want to allow this Current site ad yieldmanager com Trusted site C WINDOWS system xpsp res dll yes to allow no to deny Warning allowing this can expose your computer to security risks If you don't trust the current Web page choose no I did download and run Look Me-Destroyer and that made it run a little faster but still have the pop up security messages Also my McAfee disappeared from my computer Poof I read that I needed to remove Ad-Aware before I tried any of the quot fixes quot and I get a pop up that says quot Could not open INSTALL LOG file quot Not sure how those things happened I also downloaded Hijack This and this is the log file from running it Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mm tray exe C Program Files Corel Corel Photo Album MediaDetect exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA MUSICM MUSICM MMDiag exe C Program Files CyberLink PCM Everio EverioService exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH Musicmatch Jukebox mim exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C Program Files CASIO Photo Loader Plauto exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO McAfee Phishing Filter - B A- - A -B -BE AFE AB - c PROGRA mcafee msk mskapbho dll file missing O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Progra... Read more

A:Troubled Notebook Malware?

Any ideas on what direction for me to look in at all?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/troubled-notebook-malware-293561.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hey there It seems my Gateway notebook runnig Windows XP Media Edition is chock full of malware that Norton AV doesn't seem to know exists Can one of you guys help me Incident Status Location Adware adware xupiter Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Owner Peter Favorites Cool Stuff help of notebook ridding Need malware. Adware adware cws Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Owner Peter Favorites Health Spyware Cookie RealMedia Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Owner Peter Cookies owner realmedia txt Spyware Cookie o Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Owner Need help ridding notebook of malware. Peter Cookies owner o txt Spyware Cookie search Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Owner Peter Cookies owner search txt Spyware Cookie YieldManager Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Owner Peter Cookies owner ad yieldmanager txt Spyware Cookie Adrevolver Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Owner Peter Cookies owner adrevolver txt Spyware Cookie AdDynamix Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Owner Peter Cookies owner ads addynamix txt Spyware Cookie Need help ridding notebook of malware. PointRoll Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Owner Peter Cookies owner ads pointroll txt Spyware Cookie Advertising Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Owner Peter Cookies owner advertising txt Spyware Cookie Apmebf Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Owner Peter Cookies owner apmebf txt Spyware Cookie Atlas DMT Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Owner Peter Cookies owner atdmt txt Spyware Cookie Atwola Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Owner Peter Cookies owner atwola txt Spyware Cookie Bfast Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Owner Peter Cookies owner bfast txt Spyware Cookie Bilbo counted Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Owner Peter Cookies owner bilbo counted txt Spyware Cookie Bluestreak Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Owner Peter Cookies owner bluestreak txt Spyware Cookie Serving-sys Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Owner Peter Cookies owner bs serving-sys txt Spyware Cookie BurstNet Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Owner Peter Cookies owner burstnet txt Spyware Cookie Casalemedia Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Owner Peter Cookies owner casalemedia txt Spyware Cookie Bridgetrack Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Owner Peter Cookies owner citi bridgetrack txt Spyware Cookie Clickbank Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Owner Peter Cookies owner clickbank txt Spyware Cookie Hitslink Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Owner Peter Cookies owner counter hitslink txt Spyware Cookie i Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Owner Peter Cookies owner ct i txt Spyware Cookie Doubleclick Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Owner Peter Cookies owner doubleclick txt Spyware Cookie Hitbox Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Owner Peter Cookies owner ehg-dig hitbox txt Spyware Cookie FastClick Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Owner Peter Cookies owner fastclick txt Spyware Cookie Go Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Owner Peter Cookies owner go txt Spyware Cookie Screensavers Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Owner Peter Cookies owner i screensavers txt Spyware Cookie Linksynergy Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Owner Peter Cookies owner linksynergy txt Spyware Cookie Adrevolver Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Owner Peter Cookies owner media adrevolver txt Spyware Cookie Mediaplex Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Owner Peter Cookies owner mediaplex txt Spyware Cookie Overture Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Owner Peter Cookies owner overture txt Spyware Cookie Overture Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Owner Peter Cookies owner perf overture txt Spyware Cookie Hitbox Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Owner Peter Cookies owner phg hitbox txt Spyware Cookie QkSrv Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Owner Peter Cookies owner qksrv txt Spyware ... Read more

A:Need help ridding notebook of malware.

Please download the OTMoveIt by OldTimer

Save it to your desktop.

Please double-click OTMoveIt.exe to run it

Copy the file paths below to the clipboard by highlighting ALL of them and pressing CTRL + C (or, after highlighting, right-click and choose copy):

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.Peter\Favorites\Cool Stuff
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.Peter\Favorites\Health

Return to OTMoveIt, right click on the "Paste List of Files/Folders to be moved" window and choose Paste.

Click the red Moveit! button.

Close OTMoveIt

If a file or folder cannot be moved immediately you may be asked to reboot the machine to finish the move process. If you are asked to reboot the machine choose Yes.

================================

Download and scan with CCleaner
1. Starting with v1.27.260, CCleaner installs the Yahoo Toolbar as an option which IS checkmarked by default during the installation. IF you do NOT want it, REMOVE the checkmark when provided with the option OR download the toolbar-free Basic or Slim versions instead of the Standard Build.

2. Before first use, select Options > Advanced and UNCHECK "Only delete files in Windows Temp folder older than 48 hours"

3. Then select the items you wish to clean up.

In the Windows Tab:
? Clean all entries in the "Internet Explorer" section except Cookies.
? Clean all the entries in the "Windows Explorer" section.
? Clean all entries in the "System" section.
? Clean all entries in the "Advanced" section.
? Clean any others that you choose.

In the Applications Tab:
? Clean all except cookies in the Firefox/Mozilla section if you use it.
? Clean all in the Opera section if you use it.
? Clean Sun Java in the Internet Section.
? Clean any others that you choose.

4. Click the "Run Cleaner" button.
5. A pop up box will appear advising this process will permanently delete files from your system.
6. Click "OK" and it will scan and clean your system.
7. Click "exit" when done.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/need-help-ridding-notebook-of-malware-184537.html
Relevancy 70.09%

A young lady received a notebook HP Pavilion dv as a quot gift quot from her uncle Unfortunately it malware. a besieged notebook came HP gift, as with but was terribly infected with Internet Security plus other trojans identified after I got the unit Hell of a nice uncle I got a boot first try to ascertain the issues Could do nothing else inside Windows Then it couldn't boot after I worked on it The malware took out the keyboard drivers can't sign in In my efforts to clean this pc I invoked M S SSS Bit Defender amp Kaspersky offline cd's in that order They all found infections and cleaned them deletions I was hoping to get the machine operating well enough to run Belarc to get the license key and do a clean install of Ultimate the existing OS I need ideas to try to get the keyboard back or to run Belarc offline outside of Windows or some way to divine the key offline I am assured by the girl that the OS is legal Her uncle is just a computer fool He gave up on the pc HP notebook came as a gift, but besieged with malware. when he could'nt run anything amp passed it off to her quot If you can get it fixed you can have it quot were his parting shots Of course he doesn't know where the documentation is for W He got it upgraded somwhere from Vista There is a COA key underneath

A:HP notebook came as a gift, but besieged with malware.

You cannot audit the Product Key offline as it's heavily encrypted. You'll have to follow your plan to get it running well enough to audit the Product Key to see if it will work or if some kind of bootleg is on it. In fact before reinstalling I'd uninstall the key and reinstall it using the Change Key link to see if it activates - if not it's likely cracked and needs the HD wiped and native Vista reinstalled unless she wants to buy a legal copy.

To know you've tried everything to get it started, follow these steps for when Windows 7 fails to boot .

If it won't start post back results to see if there are other ideas. If not he'll need to come up with the Product Key or buy a new copy, lest you'll need to install the licensed copy of Vista to get her up and running. It's really not that bad, especially if it's a gift.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/219294-hp-notebook-came-gift-but-besieged-malware.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Friends notebook is bad slow Need help here It could use more memory at meg and i am getting gig for her but it is bad slow Scanned with Superantispyware once and didnt find anything Ran combofix once from safe mode Didnt see an disk errors in the event log or anything Here is the hjt Logfile - crawling Solved: Notebook malware? of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe Solved: Notebook crawling - malware? C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Solved: Notebook crawling - malware? Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C PROGRA HEWLET HPSHAR hpgs wnf exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe C PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C PROGRA hpq Shared HPQTOA EXE C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqimzone exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast setup avast setup C Documents and Settings Tay Desktop Ken HiJackThis v exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run ATIPTA quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run QPService quot C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe quot O - HKLM Run eabconfg cpl C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe Start O - HKLM Run Cpqset C Program Files HPQ Default Settings cpqset exe O - HKLM Run RecGuard C Windows SMINST RecGuard exe O - HKLM Run Reminder C Windows CREATOR Remind XP exe O - HKLM Run hpWirelessAssi... Read more

A:Solved: Notebook crawling - malware?

Do you have the results from Combofix? The Hijack log looks okay.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-notebook-crawling-malware.678321/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi possible malware attack notebook very slow with funny noise constantly get attack....notebook possible slow malware very this errorhttp farm static flickr com dc acab o jpgsurfing the internet is also slowa few weeks ago Malwarebytes found Vundo but unsure possible malware attack....notebook very slow if it has been removedDDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Adelene at on Wed Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF FW ZoneAlarm Firewall enabled BDA - B - F - -F FCFF F B Running Processes C possible malware attack....notebook very slow WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroupC Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exeC Program Files Intel WiFi bin S EvMon exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exesvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exesvchost exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC WINDOWS system s hotkey exeC WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon iFrmewrk exeC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEC Program Files Common Files Nokia MPlatform NokiaMServer exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files mozilla firefox firefox exeC WINDOWS system wbem unsecapp exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office EXCEL EXEC Documents and Settings Adelene Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page https www google com accounts ServiceLogi mp ltmplcache uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf uDefault Search URL hxxp www google com ieuSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ieuSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q suURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - uURLSearchHooks AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dllmURLSearchHooks AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dllBHO AutorunsDisabled - No FileBHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dllBHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No FileBHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dllBHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dllBHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper ae cd -e - f- - ee - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllTB AVG Security Toolbar ccc a -b ca- -b a - f dd - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dllTB Adobe PDF -d c - - fa - e eaac - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllTB Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - TB A A -BACC- D - - A E E - No FileuRun Google Update quot c documents and settings adelene local settings application data google update GoogleUpdate exe quot cuRun NBJ quot c program files ahead nero backitup NBJ exe quot uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exemRun SynTPEnh c program files synaptics syntp SynTPEnh exemRun S Hotkey s hotkey exemRun AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exemRun ZoneAlarm Client quot c program files zone labs zonealarm zlclient exe quot mRun IntelWireless quot c program files common files intel wirelesscommon iFrmewrk exe quot tf Intel Wireless TraymRun High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut HDAShCut exemRun RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXEmRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime qttask exe quot -atboottimemRun NokiaMServer c program files common files nokia mplatform NokiaMServer watchfiles startupStartupF... Read more

A:possible malware attack....notebook very slow

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER logElle

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/304609/possible-malware-attacknotebook-very-slow/
Relevancy 70.09%

my computer has been effected by malware with popups every time I start Internet explorer Here are the scans as asked to do DDS Version - NTFSx Run by asad at on Fri Microsoft by Notebook effected malware/popups Windows XP Professional GMT - Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C Notebook effected by malware/popups WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C WINDOWS System GEARSec exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc Notebook effected by malware/popups exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C Program Files McAfee MSK MskSrver exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Athan Athan exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Citi Virtual Account Numbers CitiVAN exe C Program Files Maxtor OneTouch Status maxmenumgr exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files PowerISO PWRISOVM EXE C WINDOWS system rundll exe C PROGRA MI AA wcescomm exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings asad Desktop dds scr Psuedo HJT Report uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore BHO EDF - CF - -BC F- BE C - c windows system BhoCitUS dll BHO a a - - d- - b c cc - c windows system wztjiz dll BHO D CB -C CD- c f-BFDC- B AFBDC C - c windows system jkkIcbxW dll BHO BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO F EBE - ABF- C - D -BAC CA - c windows system gebCSiiH dll TB C C E -A - CD-B - D - c windows system winid dll TB C C E -A - CD-B - D - c windows system winid dll uRun H PC Connection Agent quot c progra mi aa wcescomm exe quot uRun DellSupportCenter quot c program files dell support center bin sprtcmd exe quot P DellSupportCenter uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun prunnet quot c windows system prunnet exe quot mRun ehTray c windows ehome ehtray exe mRun igfxtray c windows system igfxtray exe mRun igfxhkcmd c windows system hkcmd exe mRun igfxpers c windows system igfxpers exe mRun Broadcom Wireless Manager UI c windows system WLTRAY exe mRun SigmatelSysTrayApp stsystra exe mRun SynTPEnh c program files synaptics syntp SynTPEnh exe mRun DVDLauncher quot c program files cyberlink powerdvd DVDLauncher exe quot mRun ISUSPM Startup quot c program files common files installshield updateservice isuspm exe quot -startup mRun ISUSScheduler quot c program files common files installshield updateservice issch exe quot -start mRun ccApp quot c program files common files symantec shared ccApp exe quot mRun TkBellExe quot c program files common files real update ob realsched exe quot -osboot mRun Ath... Read more

A:Notebook effected by malware/popups

Hi,

I've noticed that you're a frequent poster here at our hijackthis room.

You have been helped four times already, three of which was within this year.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...ealert-aq.html
http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...irtumonde.html
http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...de-trojan.html
http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...htepo-com.html

As stated here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

Quote:

Also be advised:

It is not our intent to repeatedly remove malware from the same member's machines.

The intent of this free service performed by volunteers is to help remove malware from your machine, educate you on how it may have happened, and how to prevent that from happening again. To this end, we provide links to articles and tools which should make your visit to the HijackThis Log Help section of TSF a one time event. Please do enjoy the rest of Tech Support Forum as many times as you like!!

We only intend for you to post once and learn how to protect your machine after that. I'm sorry but we gave you 3 more chances, which is too many already.

Thank you for understanding. I shall close this thread now.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/notebook-effected-by-malware-popups-317725.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi my friend has a small notebook a Freedom Zoostorm I have installed Avast free edition and scanned the device removing over infections also I am currently doing a Malwarebytes Scan I have done a HJT Ruined Notebook few steps with with HJT a already Malware, took log Small scan and here is the log file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files iS Anti-Spyware SZServer exe Small Notebook Ruined with Malware, took a few steps already with HJT log C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Mobile Broadband Connect BecHelperService exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C WINDOWS Small Notebook Ruined with Malware, took a few steps already with HJT log Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files PC Tools sMonitor StartManSvc exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files SiteRanker SiteRankTray exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast avastUI exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Mobile Broadband Connect Wilog exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http toolbar inbox com search dispatcher aspx tp aus amp qkw s amp tbid tb id amp language R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http search live com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www inbox com homepage aspx tbid amp lng en R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - URLSearchHook no name - D D D - F D- C-B C -E F B - no file O - BHO no name - BF C -B DE- BD-BF - AD CAB B - C PROGRA SITERA SiteRank dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dll O - BHO AppGraffiti - F A - E - D B- - B EA C EF - C PROGRA APPGRA APPGRA DLL O - BHO avast WebRep - E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast aswWebRepIE dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO STOPzilla Browser Helper Object - E F - - D - F B- D B D - C Program Files STOPzilla SZIEBHO dll O - Toolbar no name - CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - no file O - Toolbar avast WebRep - E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast aswWebRepIE dll O - HKLM Run SiteRanker quot C Program Files SiteRanker SiteRankTray exe quot O - HKLM Run PCPowerSpeed quot C Program Files PCPowerSpeed PCPowerTray exe quot startup O - HKLM Run avast quot C Program Files AVAST Software Avast avastUI exe quot nogui O - HKLM Run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware quot C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malwar... Read more

A:Small Notebook Ruined with Malware, took a few steps already with HJT log

Herres my latest Mbam log file but I didnt get to do a full system scan because I didnt have the time....

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.51.2.1300
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 7995

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

21/10/2011 23:35:02
mbam-log-2011-10-21 (23-35-02).txt

Scan type: Full scan (C:\|G:\|)
Objects scanned: 94486
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 8 minute(s), 13 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 54

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
c:\documents and settings\kerian.kerians\local settings\Temp\254984.uninstall\uninstall.exe (Adware.InstallCore) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\documents and settings\kerian.kerians\local settings\Temp\282781.uninstall\uninstall.exe (Adware.InstallCore) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\system volume information\_restore{67ef5aac-054f-4247-b256-997f50a41534}\RP165\A0299204.dll (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\system volume information\_restore{67ef5aac-054f-4247-b256-997f50a41534}\RP170\A0303719.dll (PUP.FunWebProducts) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\system volume information\_restore{67ef5aac-054f-4247-b256-997f50a41534}\RP146\A0293621.exe (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\system volume information\_restore{67ef5aac-054f-4247-b256-997f50a41534}\RP146\A0293623.DLL (PUP.FunWebProducts) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\system volume information\_restore{67ef5aac-054f-4247-b256-997f50a41534}\RP146\A0293624.DLL (PUP.FunWebProducts) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\system volume information\_restore{67ef5aac-054f-4247-b256-997f50a41534}\RP146\A0293625.DLL (PUP.FunWebProducts) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\system volume information\_restore{67ef5aac-054f-4247-b256-997f50a41534}\RP147\A0294262.exe (Adware.InstallCore) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\system volume information\_restore{67ef5aac-054f-4247-b256-997f50a41534}\RP147\A0294266.exe (Adware.InstallCore) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\system volume information\_restore{67ef5aac-054f-4247-b256-997f50a41534}\RP148\A0294272.dll (Adware.FreezeFrog) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\system volume information\_restore{67ef5aac-054f-4247-b256-997f50a41534}\RP149\A0294367.scr (PUP.FunWebProducts) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\system volume information\_restore{67ef5aac-054f-4247-b256-997f50a41534}\RP149\A0294370.DLL (PUP.FunWebProducts) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\system volume information\_restore{67ef5aac-054f-4247-b256-997f50a41534}\RP149\A0294371.DLL (PUP.FunWebProducts) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\system volume information\_restore{67ef5aac-054f-4247-b256-997f50a41534}\RP149\A0294372.DLL (PUP.FunWebProducts) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\system volume information\_restore{67ef5aac-054f-4247-b256-997f50a41534}\RP149\A0294373.DLL (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\system volume information\_restore{67ef5aac-054f-4247-b256-997f50a41534}\RP149\A0294374.DLL (PUP.FunWebProducts) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\system volume information\_restore{67ef5aac-054f-4247-b256-997f50a41534}\RP149\A0294375.DLL (PUP.FunWebProducts) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\system volume information\_restore{67ef5aac-054f-4247-b256-997f50a41534}\RP149\A0294376.DLL (PUP.FunWebProducts) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\syst... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/small-notebook-ruined-with-malware-took-a-few-steps-already-with-hjt-log.1023353/
Relevancy 60.2%

I recently reinstalled the windows 10 upgrade on my laptop and now if is frozen on the HP screen before the welcome screen and I cannot get it to go past that point, I have tried a hard reboot and that didn't work and now I am reinstalling Windows 8.1 just so i can use my laptop, can anyone tell me how to reinstall windows 10 upgrade without it freezing on the HP screen.

A:notebook freezes on the HP screen before the welcome screen ...

You will definitely have to get past the freezing HP screen to be able to install the operating system. The freezing on the welcome screen could be a failing memory module or a failing hard disk. Is your notebook still in warranty?Check your warranty status Here.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/notebook-freezes-on-the-HP-screen-before-the-welcome-screen/td-p/5748135
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello, Recently when go to my documents,or downloads the icons wont load for atleast 10 seconds. i'm wondering how i can resolve this issue and would love to hear some information that would help out.The notebook is only 2 months old and is not slow at all so that is why i thought it should be a diffrent issue then it being slow..Thanks in advance for your help,Mark Jetten like so: 

A:HP notebook

Dear Customer, Please go through the below links, check it that helps:http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04770630http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03340676     For any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-notebook/td-p/5830696
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a two and a half year old Compaq notebook maxed out at 2GB Ram that came with Vista. As soon as it was out of warranty, I wiped the hard drive and installed XP Pro. I've run W7 Upgrade Advisor and it says W7 will run on my machine. My question is does it matter which version (Home Premium, Professional, Ultimate) and which bit (32/64) to get the fastest system? Most of what I use it for is the internet and email. Maybe some video. Not a heavy duty user.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
==========================

New info 18 Dec:

One thing I forgot to mention is that as a student I can upgrade to W7 Professional for $65 or I can get W7 Home Premium for $125 from Costco. Any suggestions?

Thanks for all the replies so far.

A:How well will W7 run on my notebook

If your planning to use it only for internet, mail, videos and other normal tasks, you'll be good to go with Home Premium.
And 32bit or 64bit? Well, i think the below article will answer your questions-
Windows 7 32-bit vs 64-bit

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/131732-how-well-will-w7-run-my-notebook.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I'm looking for the best notebook to buy. I need it to be able to hook up to a tv so I can do powerpoint presentations. Any suggestions?

A:Best Notebook

Hi Lola,

I would suggest a Sony Vaio.

Depends on how much you wanna spend.

There are several that are cheaper
that can probably work just fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/best-notebook.73077/
Relevancy 53.32%

I want to use my old notebook computer to get online. It is an IBM thinkpad maybe 2001 or 2002 with Windows XP. I had a wireless card put in it at a computer shop and then the Comcast guy came out to set up the broadband. He couldnt connect the modem to the computer because the computer did not have an ethernet port. So I got a "usb ethernet dongle" to connect it. I still cant even get the Comcast software to install. Any ideas?? I also tried to set up a Linksys router and get online that way but it says it cannot find a connection. And something said it could not find a "network adapter" but isnt that in the wireless card?? I am an ***** and over my head....any suggestions??

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-help-me-set-up-old-notebook.102018/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a simple set-up and I know there s a simple answer but I can t find it anywhere and I don t want to go to Future Shop looking totally ignorant so I plan to buy a D-Link WBR- wireless router to replace my wired D-Link router I have What Help I PS3 1 Notebook, do Need? Please-1 a Toshiba Satellite Help Please-1 Notebook, 1 PS3 What do I Need? A -VA notebook Help Please-1 Notebook, 1 PS3 What do I Need? which has built-in wireless which I want to use wireless I have a Playstation which I ll wire direct to the router because it s close anyways I have a cable modem Question s is don t laugh is there anything else I need When I run the Help Please-1 Notebook, 1 PS3 What do I Need? setup wizard through the laptop I need to be wired to the modem set up the router set up the network and then disconnect the cable from the laptop and then I m wireless My wife has put the thought into my head that I ll need a main computer wired to the router which would be used by anything wireless to access the network I hope I ve made my situation clear any help would be much appreciated nbsp

A:Help Please-1 Notebook, 1 PS3 What do I Need?

The wireless router is all you need. You are correct that the only time you need to have a computer connected by ethernet is when configuring the router or upgrading its firmware.

Unless you plan to buy a matching D-Link Rangemax wireless adapter you will be using only standard 802.11g 54Mbps; so consider saving money by buying a standard router without "turbo," "108Mbps" or any other extras. The WBR-2310 Rangemax MAY give you somewhat better range, but don't count on it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-please-1-notebook-1-ps3-what-do-i-need.619345/
Relevancy 53.32%

MSI Classic CX X i Core i - M Processor Intel Core i - M GHz M Cache with TurboBoost up to GHz Chipset Mobile Intel HM Express Chipset Memory GB DDR Hard Disk Drive GB Optical Disk Drive DVD SuperMulti Drive Graphics AMD Radeon is Better Which Notebook? HD with GB DDR VRAM Network b g n Operating System DOS Physical Dimension L X D X H mm Weight Approximate Kg Display quot x HD Webcam Integrated WebCam Audio High Quality Speakers Battery -cell Battery Ports x USB x HDMI x VGA x Express Card Slot Microphone-in Microphone-out Multi-in-One Card Reader DC-in Features Intel Core i Processor Classic Cross-Hatch Design wide screen display LED power-saving backlight technology HDMI High-Definition Multimedia Interface Output MSI Exclusive ECO Engine Power Management System Exclusive GPU Boost Technology OR Asus Versatile Performance K DY-VX Processor AMD Phenom II X Dual Core N GHz M L Cache Chipset AMD RX M SB Which is Better Notebook? M Memory GB DDR Mhz SDRAM Hard Disk Drive GB Which is Better Notebook? Optical Disk Drive DVD SuperMulti Drive Graphics AMD Radeon HD M with GB DDR VRAM Network Integrated or b g Built-in Bluetooth V EDR Optional Base T Operating System None Physical Dimension x x cm WxDxH Weight Approx Which is Better Notebook? kg with cell battery Display quot HD x LED backlit Webcam Mega Pixel web camera Audio Built-in Speakers And Microphone Altec Lansing Speakers Battery Cells mAh Whrs Ports x Microphone-in jack x VGA port Mini D-sub -pin for external monitor x USB port s x RJ LAN Jack for LAN insert x HDMI Features Black Brown tone Experience enhanced multitasking and mobile computing capabilities with the new AMD processors ASUS Power Gear automatically adjusts fan speeds for quiet computing and prolonged battery life A Palm Proof technology-equipped touchpad distinguishes between the contact surfaces of the palm and fingers to prevent inadvertent cursor movements during typing They Have the same price but I cannot decide which would be worth the price Any suggestion or comments nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-is-better-notebook.1029034/
Relevancy 53.32%

I literally just finished setting up this computer and the keyboard freezes about every 10th key strock, i typed pretty fast and this is driving me insane. it is slowing me down for about 5 seconds every  10 strock. i have a lot of homework to do and now am stuck with this issue that i do not know how to solve

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/notebook/td-p/5636526
Relevancy 53.32%

So, I tried resetting my Laptop, but then it said there was an error, now the computer just shows the Hp logo and then shuts down, then turns on and does it again (it's kind of like a loop of it) and now I can't boot up my computer.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Notebook-On-and-Off/td-p/5707062
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi there, My note book won't load untill i press any key. i want to fix this problem but don't know how. can any one help me.

Relevancy 53.32%

My HP Pavilion dv9300 series laptop's display is shot. I think it's the motherboard that is creating the problem. The only way to get a display to show up is using an external monitor and disabling the NVIDIA graphic drivers. From what I've read, the MB is overworking the graphics card, causing it to overheat and fry. There was a recall for a number of notebooks that had this problem, but mine did not have the proper product number so HP will not fix it (without making me pay $425). Is anyone out there familiar with this issue and if so, what would be the best (cheapest and most effective) way to resolve it? Thank you!

HP Pavilion dv9334us, Intel Core 2 Duo, NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600, running Vista 32-bit.

Relevancy 53.32%

How can I find the value of an old notebook computer?

I am specifically trying to get the value of a used, excellent condition Compaq Presario V3019US notebook with no modifications.

Relevancy 53.32%

01/18/2007

I am looking for a good durable notebook computer. I need one that is light weight, and will work well as a wireless network. I have a gateway desk top I purchased new in 2003 but I am totally in the dark in reference to buying a notebook. I want the newest version of windows software on it, and to be able to access the internet. This computer will be used for college mostly.

Thank you for any advice you can give me on making the best purchase.

Sheri

A:Notebook

Welcome to Techspot!!

What kind of money are you looking at spending? In my experience, I would stay away from Toshiba's. They tend to have keyboard and overheating problems. Depending on your budget of course....I would look at an IBM Thinkpad maybe.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/notebook.67986/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi everyone,

Has anybody experienced this? On boot-up, I get the error 3F0. A hard drive test passes, and I've tried other HD's. I have tried changing the BIOS to Legacy, but it will not boot from a memory stick which I've made bootable, nor will it boot from the dvd drive. I can hear the dvd spinning, and can hear it trying to read it, but I get a flashing cursor on a black screen. I've come to the conclusion that it's the motherboard (DA0U93MB6D2 REV D PN 732080-001 ). Any suggestions? Thank you in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-15-notebook-3f0.1164109/
Relevancy 53.32%

My son has a dv9819wm notebook and it started having lines running across the screen and you could not see to do anything but would have to turn off and restart. I read on the HP site that the Bios and the video driver needs to be updated so I was going to do that but now, it will start booting up and you can see fine, but then the screen goes blank before you can get logged in to do anything. Then it shuts down. Please help.
Thanks!

A:HP notebook

At what point does the screen go blank? Are there lines on the screen even when it's booting up, or was that only previously, before it started going blank? And it shuts down EVERY time, on it's own?

Check if you can see anything on the screen when you hold it close to a light - look very close for even the faintest image.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-notebook.889343/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have recemty purchesed HP15AF008AX Note book i have installed windows 10 in it what are things to do after installin windows 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/New-Notebook/td-p/5714613
Relevancy 53.32%

This will probably be really easy to answer for someone familiar with hooking computers up to TVs, I just have no idea how to search for answers on the internet because I'm not sure what I should search for.

Anyway, my new notebook doesn't have an s-video port, which annoys me. It does have the standard monitor port, though. I'm wondering if there's any way to hook the notebook up to a TV, such as some kind of converter or whatnot. Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Notebook to TV

Hello!

I can really help you if you give me the graphics card specs.
Please reply so I can help!

Bye!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook-to-tv.627225/
Relevancy 53.32%

Link to previous http www techsupportforum com secu ten-worse html CatByte Does it have the Recovery Console installed If so are you able to boot to the Recovery Console Not as far as I'm aware How can I check this Do you have access to an installation disk Nope also it lacks a disk-drive What OS is the laptop in question Windows XP Can it boot from Notebook Won't Log Lap In a USB stick From my knowledge yes when did the logon logoff loop start Notebook Lap Won't Log In Late January following a powerful virus scan that had left the notebook laptop with Sdra exe trojan what files were deleted prior to this starting do you recall the names of those files No I was not with the user who was using my laptop at the time what programs have you run or did your AV remove some bad files The AV program last ran was 'Spybot Search amp Destroy' Edit it doesn't log in on any mode safe-modes last working settings Notebook Lap Won't Log In

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/notebook-lap-wont-log-in-460289.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Please help before I throw tnhis thing out the window.Everytime I get near the keyboard or even close to it, it driftes.   Have tried to find out how to adjust the senitivity without success.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-Notebook/td-p/5754929
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a dell inspiron 4000 notebook that has no CD Rom drive and no floppy drive, I plan to buy a external CD Rom to use with ny notebook but some question arise, (1) if I format my hardrive and install a new OS before the OS is install would the computer recognized my external CD Rom? (2) If I can't use my CD Rom then would it better to buy an hard drive adapter to hook it up to my desktop PC and format the notebook hard drive and install the OS from that machine( ONLY THE OS NOT THE DRIVER FOR ANY EQUIPMENT)

A:CD Rom for notebook

1. Since the external cd rom device would probably be a parallel port or USB kind, the computer will not see it before you install the OS
2.No . Hooking up the laptop hdd and formated, it's ok no problem there, but once you install the OS on it , the OS will try to install the drivers for whatever the hardware is inside the PC. For instance , let's say that the laptop has a Intel chipset , and the desktop has a VIA chipset, well the OS will try to install the drivers for the VIA and you need the Intel ones..
Best you can do is to make sure that the cd rom driver that you will buy cames with DOS drivers . Then format the hard drive on the laptop ( using the desktop machine ) and install the cd rom DOS drivers on it. Then hook up the hard drive back to the laptop and connect the cd rom drive. Boot up and you should have access to the cd rom drive at that point.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-rom-for-notebook.80270/
Relevancy 53.32%

I on My to Run Get DDS Can't Notebook have a VAIO VGN-NW G notebook running Windows Professional -bit It has an Intel Can't Get DDS to Run on My Notebook Core Duo T GHz processor with a Mobile Intel GM Express chipset It has GB x GB DDR SDRAM Can't Get DDS to Run on My Notebook I am running ESET NOD Antivirus version and Ad-Aware Pro Security version on my notebook Per the Bleeping Can't Get DDS to Run on My Notebook Computer recommendation in the Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help document I have recently enabled the Windows Firewall on my PC Prior to that I wasn't utilizing a firewall Also per the Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help document I have downloaded DDS Unfortunately I am unable to run it When I try to run the program I keep getting the message View Downloads - Windows Internet Explorer The program's publisher couldn't be verified Are you sure you want to run the program When I click Run again it loops back to the beginning and all of the above repeats What in the world is going on with my PC and what is Windows doing I am logged in as an administrator for my PC and the DDS program is not read-only When I check the Security tab of the file Properties my login has full control for the file I think at one point I was able to select Unlock from the Properties Tab but can no longer find that option when I go back into the file Properties When I saw that option the message said something about the file coming from another computer

A:Can't Get DDS to Run on My Notebook

Please read This Topic on what to disable and the methods to use -
These are the 3 versions of DDS that you can use.
Please do not post these back here, and if you are not able to create a log, just post your topic with a description of your problems -
DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pif

Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control HERE

Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/516545/cant-get-dds-to-run-on-my-notebook/
Relevancy 53.32%

I am really having a hard time finding the actual model DV notebook I have do Dv7 How notebook I I which tell have? The tag on the bottom only says DV and there are so many additional numbers ie Dv - etc when u try to look up drivers I How do I tell which Dv7 notebook I have? am having a really hard time getting my Blue Ray drive to play any Blue Ray discs and need to find whatever drivers make it work after upgrading to Windows bit Any help would be appreciated because it is really frustrating I've tried every driver I can find from HP and Cyberlink and nothing lets me play all my discs Mainly anything newer than years ago won't play at all The drive is spinning it and the drive shows a Blue ray in the description but it says Load disc and doesn't do anything from there It worked perfectly until i went to Win I even tried the Vista drivers in the Recovery console but still won't work nbsp Thank you for any help

A:How do I tell which Dv7 notebook I have?

Instructions for finding your HP P/N are here. This will help us locate resources, drivers, and identify correct parts for your specific model.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/How-do-I-tell-which-Dv7-notebook-I-have/td-p/1970953
Relevancy 53.32%

Please bear with me as this will be a bit long I have a question about overclocking OC Notebook a question about putting a new CPU and a question related to the two previous ones I have a Dell Vostro notebook with the following specs - -CPU Intel Core Duo T Ghz quot FSB Mhz quot MB L Cache W -IGP Intel X Mhz - GB DDR Mhz I want to OC the notebook My temps right now are C I think these are good I can decrease temps further by up to C by using thermal paste I can implement some cooling mods specially that I don t use my laptop very much Notebook OC as a portable device I will even use it as a file computing server Notebook OC soon so I will be able to implement even better cooling So yeah my notebook has the capacity for some overclocking can you help me do it I have some questions - A Will modding the bios definitely lead to ability to OC B Will FSB modding or Volt modding etc by insulation a pin or connecting two pins succeed in my notebook C setFSB and all these don t work for my notebook so no need to suggest them my PLL probably will never be supported Also I may buy a better CPU what will happen if I put a CPU with FSB Also will a CPU with unlocked multiplier yet without OC support at BIOS help in OCing Thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook-oc.985135/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello everybody i really need some help theres a software issue thats causing my comptuer to crash regulary So heres the problem i bought an external soundcard from startech months ago and it seems to make my pc crash and get a blue screen error I am using the sound card to capture voices through my hauupage pvr through my capture software playing on xbox one i done chatted with startech and they said they cant figure out the problem i had them sent me a replacement card it still gives hp 15 pc notebook me the blue screen errors i have took pics to show you what it looks like I tried to chat with hp support about the issue it seems they refuse to help me on this Can some out there please tell me how to fix this issue I had to do regualar updates on my pc but thats normal My connection is wifi also i will show a pic of the hauppauge capture setup as you can see in the capture card the external sound card is connected microphone usb via Can someone please help me hp 15 notebook pc on this issue i am stressing over this problem thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/hp-15-notebook-pc/td-p/5766675
Relevancy 53.32%

i am using notebook with the windows vista home basic running on it Recently i found out my notebook is very lag and when i click the refresh button i took very long time So i check with the windows task manager undet the Notebook Very My Lag physical memory the free memory just below while my notebook come with gig of RAM PLZ HELP here My Notebook Very Lag is my HJLthx in advance Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Sigmatel C-Major Audio WDM sttray exeC Windows WindowsMobile wmdc exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exeC Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exeC Program Files SetPoint SetPoint exec Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BtStackServer exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exeC Windows system Taskmgr exeC Program Files NetSoft P POver P POver exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Users CHEE SENG Desktop HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www ap dell com content default as l en amp s genR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO Thunder AtOnce - AEC- FD - fd- C -E D C - C Program Files Thunder ComDlls TDAtOnce Now dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO BitComet ClickCapture - F E - A- B A-BCAF- B BFDFEA - C Program Files BitComet tools BitCometBHO dllO - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLLO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - c Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO ThunderBHO - D FEB- - - - DD C - C Program Files Thunder ComDlls xunleiBHO Now dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hideO - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeO - HKLM Run OEM Mon exe C Windows OEM Mon exeO - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp ProgramFiles SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM sttray exeO - HKLM Run NvSvc RUNDLL EXE C Windows system nvsvc dll nvsvcStartO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run NVHotkey rundll exe C Windows system nvHotkey dll StartO - HKLM Run Windows Mobile Device Center windir WindowsMobile wmdc exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot c Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run DELL Webcam Manager quot C Program Files Dell Dell Webcam Manager DellWMgr exe quot sO - HKLM Run Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer quot C Program Files Common Files Logitech khalshared KHALMNPR EXE quot O - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -startO - HKLM Run PCMService quot C Program Files Dell MediaDirect PCMService exe quot O - HKLM Run dscactivate quot C Program Files De... Read more

A:My Notebook Very Lag

Hello there and welcome to BleepingComputer. My name is Charles and I will be dealing with your log today. As you can probably see our HijackThis Team is incredibly busy at the moment, but I apologise for the delay you have experienced. If you are still having problems please post a brand new HijackThis log as a reply to this topic. Before posting the log, please make sure you follow all the steps found in this topic:Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A HijackThis LogThanks,Charles

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/137167/my-notebook-very-lag/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello. I have a notebook "HP Pavilion Zx5003EA " and it's been a while I don't use it. Now I tried to turn on and won't turn on anymore. I checked and the power supply is working. What can be?

A:notebook

It is very, very old, like 15 years. You might try removing the battery. It can be so dead it keep the laptop from powering up. Otherwise it would be hard to get repair parts and it is not really worth much. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/notebook/td-p/5629613
Relevancy 53.32%

ok i have 2 armadas 1 is dead the other one woks but my screen is very dim the bright and contrast are on high how would i go about replaceing the the dim screen with the good screen they are both armada 7400. please help if you can

techngeek

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook.686508/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello, i would like to pose this problem to the experienced here on the forums.

we have been given an HP530 pre-installed with "windows vista basic". the user despises vista and has asked us to downgrade it to his favourite operating system "windows xp home". before i started i created the recovery disks of the vista installation. i have installed and fully updated windows xp home and all drivers have been installed except for one. the dial-up modem. unfortunatly that is the one driver that is going to be used by the user of the laptop. when i try install the driver "sp36087.exe" which i get from the hp site i get this error message: "driver installation failed: could not find the modem device for this driver". i tried pionting windows to the location that the hp drivers extracts to but still no joy.

any help will be appreciated.

Relevancy 53.32%

I m going to be buying a Notebook pls. help notebook computer I m trying to decide between two right now One is an alienware m I customized it to be Core Duo T gb ddr mhz ram gb hdd dvd burner MB NVidia GeForce Go This one costs about The other is an ASUS F Jm I customized this one to be a core duo T gb ddr ram gb hdd dvd burner MB NVidia GeForce Notebook help pls. Go for about So should I go with the top for better processor but lower video or should I go for the bottom with the lower processor and higher video I would really like to get one with both the mb video and the core duo processor but I can t seem to find one and I m sure if I do it ll be too expensive is about my limit I would really appreciate any input you guys can give me thanks again guys Tim nbsp

A:Notebook help pls.

what type of games are you planning to play?
what's the main use of this laptop?
videos/movies?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/notebook-help-pls.58789/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello I bought a new HP Notebook with windows 10 a few days ago at it was running fine untill yesterday when it updated and now it running incredibly slow and draining the battery quickly. Please could someone help? Thanks

A:New Notebook

Bobmin Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about problems with your new HP PC and wanted to help.You should not be having problems with a PC this new.While this PC is still under warranty, you should contact HP Customer Support directly to have them put you in touch with HP Technical Support to see what they can do about diagnosing and repairing your machine remotely.I did this recently and the HP Tech was able to remotely access my PC from the Internet and do the needed repairs.If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.htmlNOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!If you have trouble finding a phone number, then try: 1 (800) 474-6836 Good Luck

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/New-Notebook/td-p/5777388
Relevancy 53.32%

If my notebook has both wireless network adapter and wired NIC, and both of them are connected to an Access Point and plugged with a RJ-45 network cable(both AP and network cable is linked to a router which has Internet connection), when I use the network connection such as web browsing, which NIC actually used by the computer to go out ?

And, will it slow down the connection if I do so ? Or should I disable the wireless interface when I'm plugged with a network cable ?

Any recommended website to refer?

Relevancy 53.32%

I have an old spare SONY Notebook with a 800 MHz processor and only 128 MB or RAM. The hard drive got reformatted and everything was wiped off the drive. (It's a long story.) That was no biggie, since there wasn't anything there worth saving. I've re-installed DOS and would like to install Windows 98, but the program disk for 98 is a CD. I cannot get the CD drive on my SONY to operate. All I can load are floppy disks at this time.

Can anyone tell me how to get the CD drive to operate?

A:Old Notebook needs help

Try moving to the hardware thread rather than Business Apps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/old-notebook-needs-help.660917/
Relevancy 53.32%

I am having trouble using my touchpad. Somehow I get into a mode where I can move the cursor and it highlights stuff, but i can't "enter" i'm sure i just fatfingered something, i just can't figure out what....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-used-to-notebook.1156636/
Relevancy 53.32%

Running a s-video out (one end s-video, other end yellow video) to a vcr. Distorted screen. Guessing the refresh rate is wrong. Not sure how to change refresh rate on a notebook or to change it to how many hz.

Relevancy 53.32%

Hi! I would buy a note book, but I don't know which one.
I should use it for webdesign.

Which one could you suggest me?

tom899

A:Which new notebook?

How much is your budget? I don't think you need any super-fast one for webdesign.. So... Something like this would be great: http://www.dell.com/content/product...&cs=19&~oid=us~en~29~laptop_studio_15_anav3~~

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-new-notebook.757820/
Relevancy 53.32%

olá, tenho um notebook HP pavilion dm3-1035b e o mesmo esta pedindo uma senha do administrador do nada, vocês poderia me ajudar? obrigado.

A:notebook

Hi, If this is a power on password - at the password screen, hit enter 3 times and you should receive a 'halt code' - post back with this code. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/notebook/td-p/5613481
Relevancy 53.32%

so my screen is registering a counstant touch feedback on the right center on the screen. i dont use this laptop as a tablet, and i never will. its only used as a laptop for me. ive searched high and low in the settings, but i cant find any way to completely deactivate touch feedback on the screen. i know it isnt the touchpad because i see the gray circle on the screen that would betray screen touches. how do i deactivate the touch screen? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-15-Notebook/td-p/5795384
Relevancy 53.32%

hi there...anyone here can help me for find the drivers for Toshiba Satellite A215-S4697.

i've checked at the toshiba site..but I cannot find it >.<

i use windows Vista Ultimate 64 Bit..help me please >.<

A:Need Help with my Notebook

Originally Posted by cured

hi there...anyone here can help me for find the drivers for Toshiba Satellite A215-S4697.

i've checked at the toshiba site..but I cannot find it >.<

i use windows Vista Ultimate 64 Bit..help me please >.<

Hi cured,

I see what you mean, contacting Toshiba for help would be a good idea
Failing this, many drivers are used on more than one version of Laptop. Use a program such as Everest or PC Wizard which will tell you what hardware you have and then go to the Toshiba site and see if for example the A210 has the drivers that you need then download them and try an install.

Or you can go directly to the manufacturer eg. Nvidia, Realtek and download the needed drivers this way.

I hope this helps

Pooch

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/198261-need-help-my-notebook.html
Relevancy 53.32%

My dell notebook crashed!!! When i turn it on all i get is the dell screen, followed by a black screen!!! Someone Please help because Dell sucks at customer service!!!!! What should i do?

A:My Notebook

Try tapping f8 as soon as you power on the computer.

What happens?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/64608/my-notebook/
Relevancy 53.32%

Guys I am looking for a new notebook, and I have general idea of what I want, but I am unable to find anything comparable so far (in reasonable price range, I.e. about 1,500$). Here are the specs which I've in mind:

i7 47xx Processor
8GB RAM (or higher)
GT760M (or similar range GPU)
SSD Boot drive + 1 TB HDD
15.x 1080p display
Windows 8.x64

I have no preference for any brand, although, in last few years I've bought HP notebooks, generally because I have good connections there in case there is some issues

A:A New Notebook

Specify dual or quad core CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-new-notebook.202094/
Relevancy 53.32%

My Viao notebook hard drive won't turn. What should I do?
Jerry

A:Notebook HD

get into your machine's BIOS and see if there is a hard drive identified.

if not, set it to auto-select, see what goes on.

failing that, circumstances look dire...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook-hd.245291/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi! A friend of mine is entering nursing school and couldn't believe the price of textbooks. He found that he can get the books in pdf form at a considerably lower price. I told him he could use a laptop or notebook. However, he doesn't want to buy a laptop or a notebook to use in class. He'll be taking notes in class, as well as following in the pdf textbook. Will something like a kindle have a keyboard and that capability? Is there anything else he could use besides a laptop or notebook? Any and all responses will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Relevancy 53.32%

Hi I have a problem with my uncle s notebook First of all the notebook specs -Vista Ultimate bits notebook HP pavillion dv Core duo t Ghz Gb RAM Nvidia M GS Geforce He used the pre-installed vista home premium that came with the notebook And he got a problem The navigator wouldn t just open Youtube some images would only load and when Notebook! with Help HP the image loaded a error appeared instead of the full image The image cannot be loaded because it contains errors He thought that the problem would be in his version of Adobe Flash so he tried to install the new version and then when he was in the site of adobe they said that his OS was not supported So he upgraded to vista ultimate and the problem still persists I tried to install a clean version of the Ultimate but the Boot Menu is not working I press f than he waits like seconds and then it boots windows vista And there is also the problem that the disc is not being recognized In another computer the disc is recognized OBS The disc is lightscribe the computer reads lightscribe Help with HP Notebook! OBS Many people have the same problem Well i think that is all If i said something wrong please quote Thanks for your patience Alex

A:Help with HP Notebook!

Originally Posted by AlexRD

So he upgraded to vista ultimate and the problem still persists.
I tried to install a clean version of the Ultimate, but the Boot Menu is not working,
I press f12, than he waits like 30 seconds, and then it boots windows vista.
And there is also the problem that the disc is not being recognized.

If you are having optical reading problem in your clean installation attempt, you can always wipe out your HDD then install Vista. Of course, I am assuming you have backed up all important data.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/197772-help-hp-notebook.html
Relevancy 53.32%

hi guys and gals I have been reading and researching for for AV new notebook what a couple what AV for new notebook days figured I'd start a thread I have a lovely new HP Envy notebook it came with McAfee a super smart friend said get rid of it use Security Essentials what AV for new notebook Windows Defender ok I did next thing I know I'm resetting my notebook back to factory settings with HP support because I got adware it had installed programs on my computer clean your reg shopop I discovered I had troubles when I could not log into forum websites the computer would freeze what fun with the help of people on the sevenforums I have been using AVG free and spyware blaster and WOT on my other computers and doing good would anyone please reply and suggest to me what I should do to protect this computer I have read pros and cons about AVG Avast Bitdefender and Kaspersky I guess I've kinda narrowed it down to them I don't care if I have to spend some money for an AV I just never have in the past but if its worth the money I'll do it thank you peace Chas

A:what AV for new notebook

You can set it up the same as your other 'puters.

I would add Malwarebytes and Superantispyware also, I hope you have these on the others also.

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/40299-what-av-new-notebook.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello Upon opening my computer and logging in it takes about - mins for eveything to load up However this doesn't happen all the time sometimes it's normal and loads up in about minute The thing that is consistent now is my wireless that keeps freezing The icon on the bottom right (Followed very Startup this time) wireless + instructions freezes SLOW posting does not appear as usual I got around this by re-loading the Atheros driver and now I can log onto the internet If I Startup very SLOW + wireless freezes (Followed posting instructions this time) go to Start gt Connect to gt the menu freezes and so does the bottom of my computer including the task menu bar So much so if I minimize Startup very SLOW + wireless freezes (Followed posting instructions this time) anything I can't get to them unless I press Cntrl Alt Del and Switch To that specific folder I'm not sure if Startup very SLOW + wireless freezes (Followed posting instructions this time) it's a virus or malware my Norton antivirus is updated but it doesn't find anything I ran a scan using an online scanner through Microsoft but it didn't find anything either Attached are the two zip files Here is my DDS log DDS Ver - - - FAT x Run by GH at on Sat Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch SVCHOST EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs SVCHOST EXE SVCHOST EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system acs exe SVCHOST EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Norton Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ SVCHOST EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Norton Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Acer Empowering Technology eRecovery eRAgent exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro type exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Brownie BrstsWnd exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files Atheros ACU exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Brownie brpjp a exe C DOCUME GUSTAV HEB LOCALS Temp RtkBtMnt exe C Acer Empowering Technology Acer Empowering Framework Launcher exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiapsrv exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE MSACCESS EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings G T H Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp search yahoo com search p searchTerms amp ei utf- amp fr b ie uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uSearchURL Default hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults su http www yahoo com BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO HP Print Enhancer c e- - -bf - c - c program files hp digital imaging smart web printing hpswp printenhancer dll BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO Symantec NCO BHO adb e- aff- - aa - dac dfa - c program files norton engine coIEPlg dll BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention d ec - aae- -aeee-f f c - c program files norton engine IPSBHO DLL BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib d... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/startup-very-slow-wireless-freezes-followed-posting-instructions-this-time-473560.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have not been able to get my USB flash drives to workMy mouse works so I assume that my bluetooth is workingAnd my tiny fix me stick usb drive works so 3 notebook Re: hp 15 pavilion Usb I assume it would be a USB drive I have installed all HP updates Re: hp pavilion 15 notebook Usb 3 including the recent UEFI where Re: hp pavilion 15 notebook Usb 3 I dont see the option to boot from a USB flash drive well anyways it does not do it anyways not is the drive recognized I have checked every USB driver for updated drivers uninstalled and reinstalled drivers checked HP Windows update and nbsp the original manufacturer for updated driversI have checked the power on the hub as recommended on one HP article and did get a devmgr xml missing error out of thatI ran sfc scannow assume the slash is in there my keyboard has went french on meBy the way my friend as the identical model of computer and all the same identical problems and missing files are happening on her computerThe only difference is that I am in the insiders program and her computer is on the regular Windows build which we have not had problems with till this and I am beginning to wonder whether it has to do with the UEFI recent updates question mark nbsp nbsp

A:Re: hp pavilion 15 notebook Usb 3

Hi, It is great to upgrade system to Windows 10, but in the same time, series of issues occur, like the USB device issue. After upgrading the system to Windows 10, you find that your USB device cannot connect to your PC. You may need to plug your external devices like MP3, pen drive, printer, etc. to your computer through the USB ports. So it is very inconvenient that the USB ports don?t work properly. Solutions below may help you fix the USB port issue. Since your USB device works properly before you upgrade the system, the problem most probably is not caused by the USB device. But you can also plug the USB device to another computer. If it unfortunately doesn?t work, you can consider replacing the device. Following are the solutions to figure out the problem. Solution 1: Check if the problem is caused by power supply issue 1. Unplug the power supply and charger plug from your PC.2. Restart your PC. Connect your USB device to the PC again. Then you can plug the power supply.Solution 2:The Power Management would also be the cause of the USB problems. Windows is set to shut down your USB controller to save power by default, sometimes it won?t be able to power it back up. So try following steps to prevent Windows from ?managing? power to your USB controller or the devices.1. Open Device Manager.2. Expand the Universal Serial Bus controllers branch.3. Double-click the USB Root Hub device, and click the Power Management tab. (if there?s more than one USB Root Hub device, repeat these steps for each one.)4. Turn off the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power option, and clickOK button. Solution 3: Go to Device Manager to check for the driver statusThe problem most probably is caused by driver issues. Drivers may not be updated to work with Windows 10. If that?s the case, you can resolve the problem by updating the drivers. 1. In Device Manager, expand Other devices and Universal Serial Bus controllers.2. If you see drivers with yellow mark under these two categories. You need to update the drivers. You can update the drivers manually.Alternatively, you can use a driver update tool to help update drivers automatically. Driver Easy is one of driver update tools online. After you install Driver Easy, use it to scan your computer to detect all problem drivers. If there is problem with the USB driver, Driver Easy will detect it and recommend the new driver. With Driver Easy, the USB issue can be resolved easily. Driver Easy has Free version and Paid version. You can use the Free version to download new drivers, but you are required to use the downloaded driver files to install the drivers manually step by step. And the download speed is limited. To save more time, you can use the Paid version. With Paid version, all drivers will be updated automatically. More over, you can enjoy free technical support guarantee. If you use the Paid version to try resolving the problem but the problem persists, you can contact us for further assistance. Paid version offers 30-day money back guarantee. You can ask for a full refund if you want within the guarantee period.If the problem cannot be resolved, the USB ports might be damaged. You may need to replace the damaged ports. If the solutions above do not work for you, you can take your PC to the repair store to have it fixed, as the problem might be caused by hardware issues.

Although I work for HP Inc -The views and opinions I post here are of my own.If my post helped you out, give me the Thumbs up, i deserve #HPExpertDay

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Re-hp-pavilion-15-notebook-Usb-3/td-p/5620675
Relevancy 52.89%

Dears, I have HP G62-b53SE Notebook PC. After formatting and having Win 7 64 bit, have problem with VGA difinition. Its showing "Standard VGA Graphics adapter". There is sticker on my laptop ATI RADEON. I tries in this website but it is the same. My VGA hardware id is: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_68E0&SUBSYS_143D103C&REV_00PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_68E0&SUBSYS_143D103CPCI\VEN_1002&DEV_68E0&CC_030000PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_68E0&CC_0300Please solution. Best Regards,

Relevancy 52.89%

I cleared all the files from my laptop and now when i start it up it says "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation." When i click OK and it restarts to do the install the same message comes up and i cannot do anything else besides keep clicking OK. What exactly do i do about this?

A:HP 2000 Notebook PC

kfull Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about installing Windows and wanted to help -- but need more information. First off, WHY are you trying to install Windows? If this is because you are trying to reset the laptop due to problems, we need to know that. Second, what version of Windows are you trying to install? Third, please follow these instructions for providing the detailed product number of your laptop:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0001We can proceed once you provide the information.Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-2000-Notebook-PC/td-p/5821076
Relevancy 52.89%

My PC is soooooo very slow it takes me at least 30 mins. To try to logo to my email or proform any function on this computer. I ready to just give up. Yes, my virus software is up to date. the PC is aHp 2000Notebook PC Vosion AMD 

A:HP 2000 Notebook PC

Hi, Try to run a diagnostic test Turn your computer offthen turn it back on and keep on tapping on ESCLook for Diagnostics F2Look for component test, Hard drive test, then click quick check then run once. It will then check your computer's hard drive.After the test it should give you a result if the hard drive pass or fail with a failure id number If the computer pass. Try running malwarebytes to your computer (I know that the antivirus of your computer is updated but we wanted to check if there are virus infection present) Try downloading bios update. Please refer here on how to install the bios update http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/randomly-shuts-down/m-p/5603375... Note: Please disable your computer's log in password just to make sure you won't encounter any locked up issues after bios update by going to  RUN then type netplwiz then uncheck the box click apply then enter your password and re enter it (Just dont mind the user)

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/HP-2000-Notebook-PC/td-p/5618738
Relevancy 52.89%

When I made the other topic about my notebook s hard drive space a couple weeks ago I mentioned that I had tried System Restore a few times to fix another Notebook freezing long-running issue I have had with this computer It tends to freeze once in a while seemingly out of nowhere It hadn t happened in a long time since the time I talked about the other issue I figured running programs such as SUPERAntiSpyware helped But now it just froze on me again about minutes ago I was listening to music loading a page and everything froze I couldn t move the mouse the sound shut off everything I had to reboot It s a nuisance and one which I wish would not happen The fan is still running and the notebook itself does not get too hot just naturally warm on the side where the fan is The fact that it is the height Notebook freezing of summer here must not help Notebook freezing nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook-freezing.601087/
Relevancy 52.89%

can i up my ram from 2gb to 4gb in my hp notebook 15-r113ne

A:can i up my ram from 2gb to 4gb in my hp notebook 15-r113ne

Hi, Yes. Your machine uses Intel Celeron N2840 with Intel HD Graphics (2.16 GHz, 1 MB cache, 2 cores) as shown:      http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-15-Notebook-PC-series/7234951/model/7467895/document/c0447242... therefore it only has 1 RAM slot which supports up to 8GB   1 slot: Support (DDR3L-1600 downgraded to DDR3-1066)(Bay Trail processors) The following manual will help you to buy right RAM and how to replace RAM:       http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04409502.pdf Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/can-i-up-my-ram-from-2gb-to-4gb-in-my-hp-notebook-15-r113ne/td-p/5819777
Relevancy 52.89%

Anybody got any suggestions as to how I can speed up my new notebook? It has a memory of 502MB and Vista. I heard adding memory DOES NOT speed it up.

A:Notebook very slow

You would at least have to tell us something about the notebook (make and model would help) and also what Vista version you have.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook-very-slow.595497/
Relevancy 52.89%

st a hello to everyone today I have questions for everyone Recently the main display on my M Display notebook E Gateway notebook blanked out When I start it everything fires up and works cooling fan indicator lights hard drive but the main display stays blank When I press the Function F keys to switch display modes the second display mode shows and is notebook Display lit but the text on the choose which mode to start windows screen is scrambled and the windows XP loading logo is also scrambled and it stops just before the log in screen just leaving a black background the display is still lit I had the motherboard changed early last year before summer to replace a broken sound card headphone jack about a year and a half from today i wonder if anyone could offer some incite to this dilemma this one has really stumped me Also i would like to ask a small side question if anyone has recently dealt with MPC Tech Support it seems like every time I call them to get this problem fixed all i Get is this phone message telling me about the MPC takeover of some gateway warranty s I wait for practically an hour and still nothing but a phone message ive also E-mailed them and still no reply Has anyone else been able to talk with someone from MPC Tech support and could anyone possibly know the names of any computer Technician companies in the phoenix Tempe Mesa Arizona Area that i Could possibly find that does Gateway contracts and or on-site tech support for gateway I got this notebook from my College So i Know I cant take it back to them and its a Gateway legacy so only MPC will deal with my warranty I thank you for any advice you may offer nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook-display.775170/