Windows Support Forum

Brand new laptop; faulty wifi process?

Q: Brand new laptop; faulty wifi process?

I got a new laptop recently (this past Sunday) and ever since I turned it on I've had horrible issues with WiFi. It's tothe point where I'm ready to return it to the store and just go without a computer. Keep in mind I'm not very tech savvy, so I might not know what you're talking about.

It's very slow and won't stay connected to the internet. 4/5 times it doesn't load the web page I'm trying to load and after about 5 minutes after powering on it disconnects from my Wi-Fi and refuses to reconnect. The troubleshooter says it's a router issue but resetting the router doesn't do anything at all and no other device in the house is having any issues. I haven't downloaded ANYTHING to it yet. In addition, when it /does/ connect to my Wi-Fi, trying to open any web page brings me to a "you are not connected to the internet" notice.

I have no idea what to do. I need a computer for work but I'm so sick of having problems with them.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Brand new laptop; faulty wifi process?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Brand new laptop; faulty wifi process?

Set up the laptop next to the router where the signal should be strongest. Are you sure that you are connecting to your own wi fi network and router? When you switch on the laptop it will search for in range networks and when you spot your own you are asked to give the password before you can use the internet for the first time. If that's not happening maybe its logging you on to a neighbouring unsecured network (no password set) where the signal is weak. If I click on the wireless icon bottom right in my taskbar it brings up a choice of available networks. My icon looks like a set of steps and so the icon shows how strong the signal is. Check that you are connecting to your own router and see how strong the signal is. You mention other devices that work OK but haven't given any details.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/brand-new-laptop-faulty-wifi-process.207589/
Relevancy 69.23%

Been Laptop Brand new this, to WiFi: Going HP btw using computers since s went out of style but am completely new to this quot wireless stuff quot Have an HP ze series ze wm actually laptop with which I want to go wireless Running XP Home Edition service pack but updating to Has an Intel Celeron or Mobile Pentium running at or GHz I believe Will be accessing a wireless router about feet distant HP Laptop Going WiFi: Brand new to this, btw I am HP Laptop Going WiFi: Brand new to this, btw pretty well convinced the HP has no wireless card installed reasons for my believing this are beneath my signature But the unit does have a PCMCIA card slot So my questions I just buy a quot wireless notebook adapter quot and install it Just out of curiosity why are they called quot adapters quot They are really quot Externally Installed Wifi Cards quot are they not Are there any discernable advantages one brand over the others Cisco-Linksys Belkin NETGEAR Am I going to need an external antenna and if so I d appreciate any suggestions as to brands specs or whatever The HP is about years old should I anticipate any BIOS issues I may have to deal with This computer was given to me so I may have trouble updating the BIOS if that is necessary Will not have access to this site till tomorrow so I won t be able to answer any questions till then Thank you folks Christopher Why I believe my notebook does not have a wifi card installed a the Mini PCI door on the bottom of the laptop has an open quot slot quot meant for a Wifi card I guess and I do not see any antenna connectors in said quot slot quot b I find no Wireless on off button on the front of the unit as shown in the users manual c I ve tried three or four methodologies -- found on the Web -- for determining if a wireless card is installed and they all seem to be indicating there is none d quot Start gt Control Panel gt Network Connections quot shows two monitor icons but says a connection is missing or is disconnected nbsp

A:HP Laptop Going WiFi: Brand new to this, btw

A network card would be under Network Adapters in Device Manager.

The adapter adapts the network card to the PCMIA interface. You may want to go USB instead if you have a port.

All major brands are good. No antenna is needed - it is built into the card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-laptop-going-wifi-brand-new-to-this-btw.990772/
Relevancy 68.8%

I just bought a HP Pavilion dv - nr notebook and wifi connect Brand not laptop will new to it has vista I have verizon dsl at home and that works perfectly fine internet works wirlessly I try to connect my laptop to the wifi i have at work and i get a message saying that Brand new laptop will not connect to wifi windows authentification has timed out I have a bunch of friends there who bring there laptops in and Brand new laptop will not connect to wifi they connect without a problem I also had the router turned off and turned back on and still no change One last thing everyonce in a while the little cpu screen in Brand new laptop will not connect to wifi the lower right hand side will go from having a red circle on it to flashing the bars as if its connected and then it just stops And also the internet light on the laptop is lit and is blue heres the Windows-Diagnostics-Networking Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Networking Date PM Event ID Task Category Level Information Keywords User LOCAL SERVICE Computer BadBoy-PC Description Helper Class L Sec Helper Class Event For complete information about this session see the Wireless Diagnostic Informational Event Helper Class Layer Security Initialize Status Success Result of diagnosis Problem found Root cause Windows cannot connect to quot CrownAcura quot Wireless authentication failed because of a timeout Detailed root cause Layer security key exchange did not generate multicast keys before timeout Repair option View available wireless networks You can then try connecting to quot CrownAcura quot again or try connecting to a different network If you own or set up this network reset your wireless router or access point and try connecting again Information for connection being diagnosed Interface GUID b ce-cd - dd - c - e bc Interface name Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Interface type Native WiFi Profile Discovery connection SSID CrownAcura SSID length Connection mode Infra Security enabled Yes Connection ID Security settings provided by hardware manufacturer IHV No Profile matches network requirements Yes Pre-Association and association status Success Security and Authentication Configured security type Wireless Protected Access with pre-shared keys WPA-PSK Configured Encryption type TKIP Security connect status Fail x Number of security packets received Number of security packets sent X protocol No Key exchange initiated Yes Unicast keys received Yes Multicast keys received No Event Verbosity Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Networking quot Guid quot c e - e - d -bbeb- quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation ActivityID quot BD - D - C - EF - A AB quot gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt BadBoy-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot HelperClassName quot gt L Sec Helper Class lt Data gt lt Data Name quot EventDescription quot gt For complete information about this session see the Wireless Diagnostic Informational Event Helper Class Layer Security Initialize Status Success Result of diagnosis Problem found Root cause Windows cannot connect to quot CrownAcura quot Wireless authentication failed because of a timeout Detailed root cause Layer security key exchange did not generate multicast keys before timeout Repair option View available wireless networks You can then try connecting to quot CrownAcura quot again or try connecting to a different network If you own or set up this network reset your wireless router or access point and try connecting again Information for connection being diagnosed In... Read more

A:Brand new laptop will not connect to wifi

From what I can tell at first look at the errors you are getting, it appears that it may be a security issue. The router you're trying to connect to has a WPA key associated with it. Make sure that when you try to connect, you are using the correct type of WPA and using TKIP as the encryption type. If you're not sure what type of WPA it is using, you can have them (assuming at least one of them is running vista as well) go to the network and sharing center, click on view status next to the network, then click on wireless properties, followed by the security tab and it will show it to you right there. Also make sure you are typing in the WPA key correctly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/brand-new-laptop-will-not-connect-to-wifi.781346/
Relevancy 68.8%

Details...

Brand new Dell Vostro 2420 with 7 Home Premium gets a DHCP address from my Comcast router but I cannot ping the router, DNS/DCHP server or a WAN addresses.
All drivers are up to date. I've uninstalled and reinstalled all network drivers
I've assigned a static IP, no luck
Ran Windows Updates
I disabled Windows firewall
I have MSE for anti-virus, I disabled that as well
System restore isn't an option since the machine is brand new
Booted into Safe Mode, problem exists there as well
Internet access works fine when connected with an Ethernet cable
Wifi adapter is Dell Wireless 1704 802.11b/g/n 2.4 GHz

Time to just reinstall Windows?

A:Brand new laptop (7-HP) wifi gets IP but no LAN/WAN access

Comcast does not supply Routers. They only supply Modems and there is NO WiFi in any Cable Modem. At least that is how it is on my Comcast connection and I supplied my own modem and router.

You need a Real Router with WiFi as what you are doing now is getting a Public IP address from the Modem when the system is Wired to the modem.

So run out and buy a router. While you are out shut the modem down, power it off. When you get back with your WiFi Router connect your PC to it, without connecting it to the modem, and go into the setup system and assign a different Logon password to the main section of the router and then the WiFi section and put in a SSID and password for the WiFi. Once all that is done then connect the router to the modem and power the modem up. The WAN/Internet port of the router will get the Comcast assign Public IP and your PC will get a Private IP address from the routers DHCP server. Whether it is connected by wire or WiFi.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/258226-brand-new-laptop-7-hp-wifi-gets-ip-but-no-lan-wan-access.html
Relevancy 67.94%

This is for my brother's computers so I don't have all the specs but I know enough about computers and earlier operating systems to figure this out but Wifi comes up for the linksys - home network Asks to connect Click connect Says connecting without a password Says it is connected not connected The linksys router is password protected works on the other computers in the house my phone my ipad etc but when I try to hook up the new laptop to that wifi connect it doesn't ask me to Brand ACER connect can't new laptop, wifi?!?!? for the password - not sure why this is I have never had this issue with another computer before so I am guessing it is the newer OS as I am unfamiliar with Windows I have tried quot Forget quot and quot Disconnect quot to no avail it never asks me for the password when I am trying to connect to it And even when it says CONNECTED it is not Any help would be appreciated

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/48864-brand-new-acer-laptop-cant-connect-wifi.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello,

My son recently got a new Samsung ATIV Book 4 laptop and it will continuously go from being "connected" to our wifi, to "limited." It works just fine while plugged in with ethernet cable.

I have tried unplugging and replugging in the router. It works for a while then goes to limited again. I looked this problem up through search engines and someone talked about a static IP address but I don't know our router login/password.

I also saw someone talk about wireless networks in the neighborhood that may be broadcasting on the same channel but there wasn't any info on how to check/change that.

I hope someone can help. There's nothing like getting a brand new toy that won't work right.

TIA,
myjunoli

A:Intermittent WiFi Connection on Brand New Laptop w/ Windows 8

After posting this I searched again and found a video that explained how to change the power management under configure under properties of the wifi connection that was showing limited connection (again). By unchecking the box that allows the computer to turn off the access point, the computer now leaves that function alone. But in order for it to work I needed to restart the computer (I know, an easy step that I totally forgot to do).

But it still doesn't work!!

So frustrating!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/507361/intermittent-wifi-connection-on-brand-new-laptop-w-windows-8/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi I have just put new - Help! Faulty Brand GF4? my Geforce MX pro TV mb DDR into my ABIT KG -RAID motherboard in place of my old ATI AllInWonder which was in last I powered up and windows loaded fine I uninstalled the AllInWonder drivers beforehand I installed the drivers for the graphics card which came in the box and it wanted me to restart after the install This worked fine Then when I went to install GTA III after this restart it crashed and restarted itself as it was installing not part of the install It then crashed and restarted itself as I tried to start Return Faulty GF4? Brand new - Help! to Castle wolfenstein and other games and also when I was just working on it I left it for a while doing nothing and whilest I left it for about an hour nothing happened it didn t crash or restart I have been into the Bios and set evreything to Fail Safe Defaults and the motherboard supports everything on the graphics card as far as I can tell Using the software which came with the CD I turned all the clock and memory speeds down to minimum Why does it keep restarting Using winxp Installed ME on dif disk and has probs with that to - it freezes with a black screen with i s at the top of the screen I have to restart nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

Hi, i have been reformatting my PC for quite sometime and before, it ran and was completed SUCCESSFULLY. But now, when i try to reinstall my OS, it installs quite "well" or so i thought meaning, the OS completed installation with no errors or problems being reported but as i use the FRESHLY formatted PC, it starts to slow down meaning the processor can't seem to handle the same work as it did before, data transfer rate slowed down dramatically, some programs fails to install perfectly, audio not working, startup/shutdown slower, etc., which is totally not the way it used to behave before.

Sys info:
AMD Athlon XII 245 x2 proci
Hitachi 500gb SATA 7200rpm
Kingston 2gb DDR3 ram
hp dvd read/writer SATA

installation media:
copied bootable dvd iso 1yr old

scanned with avg with no threats detected.

Thanks in advance for all who'll help. :-)

A:Windows 7 suspected faulty installation media or process

Replace the AVG crapware, which is recommended by no one here, with Microsoft Security Essentials.

Did you follow closely the steps to get a perfect Clean Reinstall Windows 7 Factory OEM - which are the same for retail? Pay close attention to how drivers are handled in Win7 which is different than XP.

If that doesn't help then work through these Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7
starting with a Clean Boot, hardware tests, logs, Solutions, drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/248238-windows-7-suspected-faulty-installation-media-process.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a Dell laptop. When comparing as new products and not taking into account that Dell wont warranty the product if I use a non-Dell battery, is there a big difference between brand name batteries and so-called generic replacement batteries? I mean, do the generic batteries last just as long as the genuine Dell batteries?

Relevancy 54.18%

Hi I am having some issues with my wifi on my personal laptop and I would need if possible some advice - Base OS Windows - hardware wifi Realtek RTL BE Wireless RTL8723BE hardwar Lenovo Unstable Realtek y50, Potential faulty wifi, LAN n - Driver Latest version was installed before reinstalling my base os - Motherboard wmic baseboard get product Manufacturer version serialnumber gives me LENOVO y - does not make a lot of senses for me but otherwise I just get the serial number and version Problem Description My wifi is very unstable I can connect to the router sometime it works properly some time I don Lenovo y50, Unstable wifi, Potential faulty hardwar Realtek RTL8723BE t internet connection The error i get can be DNS resolution or web site not reachable I get the same problem with different routers Interesting and make investigation very difficult for me is that I almost don t get any events the only events related that I get sometime is WLAN Auto Config Errors EventID Description WLAN Autoconfig detected limit connectivity performing Reset Recover adapter code xC x code xDEADDEED oxEEC really did not like this one as i believed I was being pwned but looks like it is the drivers that return that Code x x Usually it happens once when I reboot and I get informational WLAN auto config entry saying that it went well so I don t think it is the problem From there it changes between working and not working The only other event I get are for example warning because DNS failed but it makes sense to me What I have done - Investigate events - reinstall drivers - flush DNS route tables - search on the internet for similar issue - Reinstall base os I am just done reinstalling and I have the same problem What I think I have a computer science background but windows is not the OS I work with and don't know much about hardware Lack of event does not really help me to investigate I think that my wifi card is dying It is a good computer but it is not the first time i get hardware failure but before buying a new one i would need your advice - Do you think of other investigation that would reveal a software problem - Based on what I said do you think I am right to think about hardware failure for me it would explain why it is not just not working but it is unstable Also for what i have seen this wifi card is shit - Do you have any advice that is the more important as I am not sure if a wifi card can be changed easily if any wifi card can be used if you have any advice for a good one Thank you very much for your answer if you need any other information i will provide them Have a good day

A:Lenovo y50, Unstable wifi, Potential faulty hardwar Realtek RTL8723BE

I did some searching and came across other people having the same issue with that specific model wifi chip. Some of them have gotten it to work by either A: enabling their router's IPV6 or setting the IPV6 to auto, or B: checking that the antenna wire connected to the wifi chip in the computer isn't loose. By no means a guarantee, but worth a shot.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/62613-lenovo-y50-unstable-wifi-potential-faulty-hardwar-realtek-rtl8723be.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Backstory I bought an HP laptop brand new from Best Buy It had a gb hard drive Intel Core i - M processor GB RAM and Windows I made restore discs of the hard drive that came with the computer and then disassembled the work WiFi new HP Brand not does entire laptop to access the hard drive and swapped it out for Brand new HP WiFi does not work a gb SSD I reassembled everything once I successfully used the restore discs to boot using the SSD The good news is my SSD works great My computer takes about seconds to load up The bad news is I cannot Brand new HP WiFi does not work get the Wireless Internet to work for the life of me I have gotten it to connect wirelessly a few times I even got it to connect uninterrupted for a few hours long enough to download my usual virus protection and whatnot Now it will not connect at all Details Airplane mode is off Wi-Fi is on I am on a college campus with campus-wide Wi-Fi Many people around me are actively connected It is not a problem with the router However my Networks show quot No Networks Found quot Maybe out of times I check for wireless networks it will show the school's networks If I try to connect to it it says quot Can not connect to this network quot I don't think that anything I did inside of the laptop physically altered the network adapter The only thing I touched anywhere near there was a motherboard plug for the keyboard which I removed and replaced The problem is I do not know for sure if the WiFi worked flawlessly before I switched out the hard drives because I never intended to use the hard drive that came with the computer I turned on the computer long enough to make restore discs before I took it apart I vaguely remembered seeing a limited connectivity alert but I didn't think anything of it because I was in the midst of making restore discs and had no reason to use the Internet I suspect that it is not an internal issue because I have gotten it to connect successfully since I switched drives Also plugging the laptop in with an Ethernet cord allows me to access the Internet However this is not feasible for when I need to use the laptop away from home I have read multiple threads stating issues with Windows having major Wi-Fi connection issues including those I am describing However all of the things I have done do not seem to be working I've tried allowing HP Support Assistant to recommend a driver I've manually downloaded drivers I've altered the settings to keep my computer from putting my adapter in quot sleep quot mode None of these things have worked I am very frustrated It is my fault that I ripped the computer apart before checking to see if it worked properly but I just didn't think I had a reason to believe that it was going to not work It's a BRAND NEW laptop Now even if I were to switch the original hard drive back into it I don't believe I can return it because opening it technically voids the warranty if I am not mistaken I hope somebody can help me The computer is a paper weight with a nice hard drive in it without Internet I would like to keep Windows on the computer because I am a rare breed who actually likes the interface My last resort is to back up my Windows desktop onto an external hard drive wipe it make a restore discs out of it the same day I did with the original laptop hard drive and use them to install Windows on the SSD and then use the backed up version to restore my desktop to its current state I am nervous about doing this because I don't want to lose any files pictures or documents in the swapping and I don't particularly want Windows in the first place This was recommended to me because Windows is known to have chronic issues with being able to connect to the Internet I definitely would not want to go through all that trouble just to find out that doesn't work either Can anybody help me

A:Brand new HP WiFi does not work

Wireless adapter is Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11bgn WiFi Adapter. I have manually installed two different drivers that have not worked. I can provide file names if that is helpful: sp61304.exe and sp63317.exe ... in addition to the one my computer automatically chose, the one HP Support Assistant recommended, and any rollback versions that were on the list of old drivers my computer would let me roll back to. With the exception of the one time I was able to connect for a 3 hour span of time, I have not been able to connect for longer than 10 minutes... and recently I have not been able to connect at all.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/47218-brand-new-hp-wifi-does-not-work.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi All we have just purchased a AIO 300-23ACL All-in-One PC and after 1 week of operation we have lost all wifi connectivity. I have run the windows 10 troubleshooters and had no luck. I can't see any sort of wireless card in device manager and have tried reinstalling all the wifi drivers from lenovo with no sucess. Is it possible a wifi dongle/modem provided by our ISP has disabled the card? If so any idea on how I can fix this I'm contemplating returning the PC to where I brought it as at the moment its almost useless to me.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-A-B-C-N-S-Flex-Horizon/Brand-New-AIO-300-23ACL-All-in-One-Lost-Wifi/td-p/3355899
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello all I've a problem with my new HP Very Pavilion 15 on new wifi brand weak bj000nh Pavilion -bj nh notebook purchased few days ago The wi-fi connection is too weak if I keep the PC one meter far from router I get only - bars of in the connection properties and if I go just meters and Very weak wifi on brand new Pavilion 15 bj000nh a pair of rooms far I get - bars of and frequent disconnections Also the speed degrades I see and close to the router too is not at maximum Otherwise my old HP s notebook with Windows had never problems in the same position m and keep - bars without disconnections I verified the strength of wi-fi router with Very weak wifi on brand new Pavilion 15 bj000nh cell phone too no problem I already tried all the solutions suggested by the HP support assistant on PC and on the HP support site too but without any results I upgreaded the software of the Broadcom card n IT helped a bit but even with the newest software my laptop has the connectivity problems I cannot believe that a new NB can have a so weak connection I have no other ideas different from an HW fault Thanks for your help Solved View Solution

A:Very weak wifi on brand new Pavilion 15 bj000nh

No wireless card will work well with only a single antenna, and a dual band (2.4 and 5 ghz) will not work at all on one antenna... An antenna lead can be added but it takes almost complete disassembly. I doubt the Service Center would do it. I wish there were something I could tell you. A usb wireless dongle is actually your best option. 15 bucks on amazon.com and you will have good reception at the cost of losing access to one usb port. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Very-weak-wifi-on-brand-new-Pavilion-15-bj000nh/td-p/5599418
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi all I recently purchased a Toshiba Satellite C -A -V running Windows Home Edition I've New Speed, Slow Brand Wifi Impossibly Computer. never really had the fastest internet but its always been alright for what I used it for untill i purchased this computer Suffice it to say the internet is a little below sub par Heres a speedtest My phone My sisters Laptop running windows even my old IBM running Linux all are getting speedtests with Download speeds of at least - Mbps from the same router with at least - Mbps And yet here I am brand new computer in hand with memories of dialup floating through my head I've been on message boards trying to find an answer to this for hours I've changed the Wireless settings to not turn off the Wifi I've checked Toshiba's Website and downloaded the latest WLAN driver I deleted literally every last ounce of bloatware from the computer when I got it so I don't THINK that's an issue There's Impossibly Slow Wifi Speed, Brand New Computer. no torrents or security running either Basicaly I have no idea what to do Now the weird thing is if I turn the computer on and do a speedtest right away I'm getting a fast Ping and a download of Mbps instead of the Any Help or ideas on what to do

A:Impossibly Slow Wifi Speed, Brand New Computer.

Did you try an ethernet cable instead of wireless? If that works normally, read on...

I had a problem like this many years ago, it turned out to be something wrong with the drivers for the network card I was using. To fix it, go into device manager and find the entry for the wireless network adapter (eg "xyz wireless network adapter"). Right click on the adapter and select "remove". Reboot the machine. It should detect the adapter as new hardware and reinstall the drivers for the network hardware. Of course you may need to supply the drivers at this point if they are not available on the machine.

This is somewhat techy and if you are not a level 2 nerd you may want to get a qualified friend to help...

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/30856-impossibly-slow-wifi-speed-brand-new-computer.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I've always thought so highly of HP and as such decided to purchase an HP laptop - nbsp an HP Envy -K ca Notebook nbsp I have had some issues from the start and one in particular is making for a Notebook. on brand HP constantly Envy drops new Wifi rather unpleasant experience nbsp The wifi connection keeps dropping nbsp It drops when the system is put in Wifi drops constantly on brand new HP Envy Notebook. sleep mode when I surf the net and even after a reboot nbsp nbsp I walked through Wifi drops constantly on brand new HP Envy Notebook. the issue and a few others with HP's nbsp nbsp help desk this evening and after hours was met with the same problem nbsp I am now having to reboot the computer and troubleshoot to try and maintain a wifi connection nbsp This is my first experience with an HP Laptop and I'm disappointed nbsp It's unfortunate but I may have to return it nbsp I'll be walking over to Apple for a replacement nbsp If someone from HP can resolve this for once and for all it would be helpful Otherwise I will have no choice but to return the unit nbsp Note nbsp I've noticed that others experience the same issue nbsp I requested that HP's Help Desk install drivers to resolve the issue nbsp If this didn't work after our session this evening then I'm afraid it may be a hardware issue nbsp nbsp Solved View Solution

A:Wifi drops constantly on brand new HP Envy Notebook.

Hello, Thank you for taking time to respond.  It appears that the box was already unchecked.  Good idea though as others may have this checked and can hopefully look into this solution.  I asked tech support in India to download drivers that could rectify the issue.  It appears to have worked. Thank you again.Madison.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-drops-constantly-on-brand-new-HP-Envy-Notebook/td-p/5188991
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello!So I bought the HP Pavilion x360, model number m3-u003xd, a few days ago and it just got shipped to my house. Right out of the box it has not been able to keep a stable WiFi connection to my home router. Sometimes it won't even be able to connect and when it does it constantly fluctuates on strength and after a few minutes it will just disconnect.Please help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/My-brand-new-HP-Pavilion-x360-barely-connects-to-WiFi/td-p/5746597
Relevancy 51.17%

Our computer arrived this week, and we find that when we stream a television show,  it repeatedly drops the wifi connection. Power management is set to high performance, so that's not it. Concerningly, it regularly insists, after losing wifi connection, that it cannot even find our router, and sometimes when it does, it finds it, attempts to connect, and then says, "Can't connect to this wifi." But all the other devices in the house are connecting fine, and all lights on the router are steady-on. Any suggestions? It's currently much easier to watch a show on the old computer than the new, alas.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/Brand-new-Thinkpad-e560-repeatedly-loses-wifi-connection/td-p/3322809
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi guys I have a philips freevents laptop x model It comes with a i core duo processor My Laptop faulty gb ram gig hdd and shared memory intel display adapter My problem started a couple My faulty Laptop of weeks back when i installed MSDN version of Vista ultimate on it day tial I shut down the system My faulty Laptop it was a proper shut down but my laptop wouldnt start next morning Completely dead and none of the keys would work except for the battery charging indicator when connected to the power My faulty Laptop supply I gave it to a local computer shop who fixed it in abot days at a cost of quid But guess what i bring home the comouter and it was working perfectly fine and then i shut down and the process repeated again The service engineer at the shop says he replace a few quot resistors amp capacitors quot which i kinda find hard to believe being a electronics engineer myself albeit a really really bad one and he says the problem was caused by rapid temperature change Well i returned back my comp to the same guy to fix it again and he is supposed to return it back to me again today im wondering what to do next bring home and try another session on Vista or revert back to XP Im not sure if this issue is caused by vista or some kinda fault in my hardware I would like you guys to keep in mind that like most other computer geeks my average session on the comp last atleast to hours Suggestion and input on this matter is highly appreciated Tell me what to do guys yat nbsp

A:My faulty Laptop

I share your doubts about the "resistors and capacitors".

With amost all components being surface mount, bery little on the motherboard is "serviceable" to that extent.

But if it is new, why are you paying for service? Revert to XP and if it still persists send it back under warranty. And don't use cracked software.

Defeating the activation is a breach of the forum rules, so expect the post to be closed at any stage.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-faulty-laptop.569882/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a Benq 8000 that is as dead as a dodo.
The external power supply is fine, and testing pickups for the battery suggests there is power there, but otherwise it's dead.
I have swapped part between it and my old Sony Vaio laptop, well at least parts that are compatible, and everything seems to be working. Clearly I can't swap the mainboard and this has led me to suspect a faulty mainboard.
Trouble is I can't identify it to find a replacement. The middle of the board has the following information:

DA0PM1MB8D1 REV

and on the back

TPT MV-0
94V-0E88441

But I can't find this with a google search or a reference to what the BENQ Joybook 8000 mainboard might be.

Anyone have any ideas?

Relevancy 49.88%

My shift 9 and shift 0 are faulty.Shift plus other keys are fineCan you please help me.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Keys-of-the-laptop-are-faulty/td-p/5763677
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi all, I have just picked up a faulty fujitsu laptop. Amilo Li. model number ms2228
It appently was vista but someone had put windows 7 on it ... so they tell me.
they said it jsut went off one day but think they are telling porkies. anyway....

booted up to just the fujisu screen then went black screen with flashing curser top left of the screen.
I thought it was just the os needed reinstalling. I have tried to reinstall windows 7. the install starts ok & gets as far as 75% or thereabouts. but when it needs to reboot while installing the files, the reboot just starts right back at the beginning. so it seems that whenever i try to boot there is no continuation.
hope i have explained this ok. any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

Relevancy 49.88%

Using a Sony Vaio Laptop, VGN-FE series, running on Windows XP Media Center w/ SP2

I joined to get a little hardware help..
About half the time I use my keyboard, the 'a', 's', 'k', 'b', '.', and '/' key wont operate.

They're not sticking, they just refuse to work. The only thing I can rationalize is a conducting issue, but like I said before: they only work about half the time. Im sure the keyboard doesn't just choose to conduct at times and stop at others.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptops-faulty-keyboard.719003/
Relevancy 49.88%

Using a Sony Vaio Laptop, VGN-FE series, running on Windows XP Media Center w/ SP2

I joined to get a little hardware help..
About half the time I use my keyboard, the 'a', 's', 'k', 'b', '.', and '/' key wont operate.

They're not sticking, they just refuse to work. The only thing I can rationalize is a conducting issue, but like I said before: they only work about half the time. Im sure the keyboard doesn't just choose to conduct at times and stop at others.

Relevancy 49.88%

Hello I am trying to repair a DC Power jack on a toshiba satellite The computer will not take a charge at all even from a new power cord If you wiggle the cord enough my sister says the charge light comes on very briefly once in awhile I have not seen this happen I do notice that the large center pin in the center of the DC Jack is slightly loose and wiggles back and forth Possible from the cord being tripped over I would assume that the pin should be solid and stationary in he Jack I have already disassembled the laptop down to having the motherboard on my desk with full access to the DC Jack What Jack on laptop DC Faulty I would like to ask is whether the solder joints look OK My soldering skills are amateur at best All the solder joints for the DC Jack are yellowish brown I m not sure if this is ok Posted is a picture I d appreciate any feedback i can get as to whether the whole jack should be replaced just resolder some joints or anything else you can tell me Also anyone know a really good soldering tutorial online Thanks alot in advance for the help Faulty DC Jack on laptop nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Hiya,

I have a laptop that the display isn't working. You turn it on and the backlight comes on (at least the screen seems to light up a little) but there is no picture. I've taken it apart and there are no loose connections anywhere. I haven't got anything I can test it with so is there anyway I can check to see if it needs a new LCD/inverter/cables?

Kind regards

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-laptop-display.1017601/
Relevancy 49.45%

This is what happens After a few hours of operation svchost exe crashes Doesn't matter what I'm doing Gaming surfing you name it Faulting module svchost exe version faulting module unknown version faulty address x A few seconds will pass as I accept and my theme will change from the start blue one to the old grey one in a few seconds and then reset to the standard XP one Here's what I know so far When this happens crashes it takes faulty randomly, Svchost.exe no address, faulty module crashes no Windows Audio and a few other services with it which I have to start again using Run services msc I know which instance contains the Windows Audio Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module service so the problem is Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module most likely with one of the services hosted within that particular instance of Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module svchost I'm a bit lost though I don't know what to do because it doesn't give me an address it doesn't tell me which service is messing up so I need some help I have the windows error log and a decent recollection of what has happened since that error started I got a new X-fi sound card a Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Fatal ty Champion The errors coincide with me installing that card but I can't see how that would mess up like this though http img imageshack us my php image errorspx jpg I don't know if I'm totally off the mark here but is it fair to assume that it is only ONE instance of svchost crashing The screenshot above shows the svchost hosting the services that go down after the crash I have a saved version of the program error log Right click on This Computer administrate System tools Log Program I have searched far and wide on the internet and tried all kinds of solutions Others have had this problem and it has been linked with the quot Automatic Updates quot service but that did nothing for me whether deleted the whole Windows Update service and re-registered the DLLs in short even though I replaced the Windows Update service and everything related to it with fresh copies generated by Windows itself Another related problem I found was the same message and the same symptom svchost crashing some time after a bootup There was a hotfix for this but I'm already using Windows XP Pro with Service Pack which contains this update and others addressing such issues And I have zero malware on this computer Am I looking at a faulty product here Damaged ram Lastly I have a copy of my error log containing about months before this error started http www megaupload com d DVZTRVWR Any help appreciated I'm going mad just from not knowing where exactly the problem lies

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/svchost-exe-crashes-randomly-no-faulty-address-no-faulty-module-370951.html
Relevancy 49.02%

My mother-in-law has a laptop that's needing reimaged, which is okay, can do but the screen is broken, only the left hand side of the screen is working. She's been running an external monitor via VGA for the past few months so it's just the screen that's cracked not a faulty graphics card.

Question is, will the external display still work if I reimage the laptop at all or will I have to use the half dead screen to reimage it until I get the graphics drivers reinstalled?

A:Re-image laptop with faulty screen??

Any laptop will work with an external monitor. Drivers won't be an issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/re-image-laptop-with-faulty-screen.997410/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi All, I purchased Acer Aspire V 2 years ago in extended warranty (3 years) from Dicksmith, the laptop had issues that it will switch off automatically on battery after evey 4-5 hours (a bit random) plus the keys of keyboard have comeoff and not working properly. since Discksmith doesnt exists, what options do I have for replacement of the laptop.RegardsZahid

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Dicksmith-warranty-for-faulty-laptop/td-p/435734/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi all,

My laptop has had a 'wobbly' power socket in the back, which has finally given up altogether. I took it to a repair shop who had it for two days and when I got it back they said I would have to keep it plugged in all the time, I couldn't take the cable out as it would happen again. So I have kept it plugged in but its gone again. My hubby opened it up and found out they had just soldered the power connector back in, and it had just weakened and fell off.

So now hubby thinks I have to buy a new motherboard and PSU, is this right or is it something I can get fixed?

Thanks guys,
Tess

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi everyone,

I've had a search through the posts on the forum, and haven't really come up with anything to answer my question. I do apologise if I have missed it though!

Basically, I have installed Win 7 Prof Upgrade (from XP) on my MacBook via Bootcamp. However, this MacBook has developed a fault and is being replaced by Apple, who are sending me a new laptop.

My question: will I be able to reinstall the Win 7 upgrade (once XP is installed again of course) on my new laptop?

I'd appreciate any help or advice, many thanks in advance!

A:Installing Win 7 on a replacement-for-faulty laptop

Quote: Originally Posted by marvelman

Hi everyone,

I've had a search through the posts on the forum, and haven't really come up with anything to answer my question. I do apologise if I have missed it though!

Basically, I have installed Win 7 Prof Upgrade (from XP) on my MacBook via Bootcamp. However, this MacBook has developed a fault and is being replaced by Apple, who are sending me a new laptop.

My question: will I be able to reinstall the Win 7 upgrade (once XP is installed again of course) on my new laptop?

I'd appreciate any help or advice, many thanks in advance!

Probably it's possible, if it's not a OEM version. I have r?install Windows 7 on a new HDD and I was able to reactivate with Winupdate.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/155168-installing-win-7-replacement-faulty-laptop.html
Relevancy 49.02%

So someone I know had me look at a laptop of theirs, an ASUS X54C laptop, which has 2 GB of non-removable RAM built into the motherboard. I used memtest86+ to check it and it immediately came back with all sorts of errors.

From the outside (minus the cover for access to the HD and RAM slots) there does not appear to be any additional RAM installed at all (the slots are empty). So I was wondering, by chance, if you add RAM into one of these slots, does the motherboard stop using the on-board RAM and switch over to the stuff you put into the slot, or does it use both the on-board and "off-board" RAM side by side?

Relevancy 49.02%

I have an old XPS Gen laptop with a Go Ultra video card that is failing with memory errors The card needs to be replaced because it either shows a black screen or lots of artifacts when I boot up into Windows The system will display fine when I boot to safe mode Laptop Video Faulty Card This means that it must be able to support some low Faulty Laptop Video Card level activity Faulty Laptop Video Card OK To get the laptop usable I ve disabled the video card and I can now use it as a word processor browser etc However it is very slow to refresh the screen in this mode I think I need to change the refresh rate Is there any simple driver that I can use for this If I re-enable the device it straight away starts to load the NVidia drivers when I restart and I can t stop it As I recall it used to be possible to use a different driver but I don t know how this is done Any help would be great Thanks nbsp

A:Faulty Laptop Video Card

The low level functions of the video card use a vga vesa driver
that does not activate the hardware accelleration.
The problems you ar e having when the driver loads indicates
bad hardware and not a driver problem.
Being as it is a 6800 go card,it is probably replacable.
It would need to be replaced with the exact same type of card,
but not necessarily the same model.
If you want to try a newer driver,you would need to uninstall the old
one from start/control panel/add remove programs.
Download a driver here.
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-laptop-video-card.780794/
Relevancy 49.02%

I believe drivers? faulty BSOD 116 card or graphics faulty the initial crash was caused by overheating Based on the fact that I have gotten it to work for a short amount of time more on that later Booting up with the drivers for my graphics card enabled causes BSOD to appear but when it is disabled everything is fine I can boot into safe mode and I have already reinstalled windows My motherboard is Asus B M-e and my graphics card is Nvidia EV A GTX How I got it to work for a short amount of time I reinstalled windows and then installed my integrated Ethernet driver After that was out of the way I installed and used driver booster to install the rest of my drivers I then noticed there was a missing driver that the program could not install that was named Simple PCI Controller So I thought I should install that driver using my motherboard's driver installation disk It then worked up until I decided to change the settings in Nvidia Control panel I also do not know how faulty graphics cards behave so it might be my graphics card The game I was playing when this started was Life is Strange if that is needed

A:BSOD 116 faulty graphics card or faulty drivers?

Sorry thought I uploaded this but apparently not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/398657-bsod-116-faulty-graphics-card-faulty-drivers.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,
I recently bought a new, 3rd party power cord for my Toshiba Satellite L300 from eBay.
Recently I've noticed that my battery stops charging earlier and earlier. At first it stopped at 87%, then 83%, then 80% all in one week. I've had the computer for about a year which seems a bit early for it to start degrading so fast, so could it be the power cord?

The Toshiba cord says Model: PA-1750-29, Input: 100-240V~ 50-60Hz 1.5A, Output: 19V[solid line above a dotted line]3.95A
The 3rd party cord says Model: PA-34671ACA, Input: 100-240V~1.5A 50/60Hz, Output: 19V[solid over dotted]3.95A

If the new cord is harmful to my battery, I can just solder its input plug onto the Toshiba charger (that's the only bit that was broken) but I'd rather not risk breaking two power cords if I don't need to.

---------------------------------------
Thanks,
Marlon

Relevancy 49.02%

Sorry card? Solved: Faulty graphics Or motherboard? faulty that this is quite long but I want to give complete details as to the problem rather than just giving a vague problem Nvidia GT card has been overclocked for the last year Original Stable OC Before Solved: Faulty graphics card? Or faulty motherboard? you panic Solved: Faulty graphics card? Or faulty motherboard? it s been stable and temps have been fine lt My motherboard is a Asus P N-E SLI board The computer is dual boot to Vista for general use and XP x for games ONLY XP IS OVERCLOCKED Vista is not overclocked at all Only the GPU is overclocked in the computer Now the problems started when I moved the computer All the games on x crashed unless I underclocked the machine except UT ancient game which garbled the graphics weapon textures on walls etc I found out it was because somehow the card wasn t plugged in properly - so I pushed it back and I was able to play again Since then sometimes the card is alright and other times it isn t The other day I was playing fallout graphics intensive game for around hours without any problems But right now I boot to vista and within a minute it crashes Other times I was programming not even using graphics and the mouse suddenly has a flickering box around it - then the computer crashes When it crashes the screen goes weird colours like its rendered the screen as bit colours rather than bit and shortly after I get a blue screen with it complaining about a graphics DLL At first giving the card a wiggle in the PCI-E slot fixed it Now I ve discovered that when the garbled graphics come up if I physically push the card upwards in the PCI-E slot whilst the PC is still on they go away by this time the computer has crashed amp so I have to reboot anyway It s nothing to do with the drivers I ve reinstalled them on XP and besides the problem happens on both of the OS on the computer Vista seems to be considerably worse though - XP only crashes once in a while whereas Vista seems to be more unstable If you push the card up quickly sometimes Vista quot recovers quot It says quot the display ddriver stopped responding and has recovered quot or something like that You can then use the computer normally If I push the card down when the computer is working fine the computer crashes Any suggestions whether it s the card or the motherboard I removed the card blew dust off it etc put it back into the machine and the problem still happens although it initially solved it I don t want to spend on a new card to find that it s the MB that s the problem I m wondering if the card is fine since it doesn t have an issue with hours of gaming on a good day If it s a lose connection what can I do about it it s fully pushed into the motherboard If you ve read this far thanks nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

My sister dropped my laptop and I am worried I may have a faulty hard drive.

Is there any good tool out there which can thoroughly check my Hard Drive for ANY error at all?

Thanks

A:Dropped my Laptop may have faulty Hard Drive

Use something like SeaTools to check condition of HDD, link to download here

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/148578-dropped-my-laptop-may-have-faulty-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 48.59%

From time to time I look on youtube to find ways to boost the performance of my Laptop and the tactics work temporarily and my Lapotop performance soon returns to its slow sluggish self I bought my Laptop brand new about yrs ago and have microsoft security essentials malwarebytes Mbar spybot as well as in the past other spyware malware protection but performance especially simple desktop tasks and applications run so slow and take time to respond before running I have even had OMG techhelp service for about half a year and they would remotely perform full tune-ups on my laptop that woudl take hours but to Laptop NIC card Very faulty performance/maybe slow no avail I also think my NIC card is faulty I initially thought I need a new router so I purchased a very good one but performance and transmission and throughput speeds are not that much better at Very slow Laptop performance/maybe faulty NIC card all I sometimes go to public places to use public wifi and my internet transmission is still awful and as slow as ever NEED HELP OUT OF IDEAS nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

Hey guys this is quite a long story but I would be very frateful for any help you could give I bought a faulty laptop off my friend assuming that it just needed a fresh Faulty XP greatly Any And help Laptop - - appreciated Vista install off Vista I installed Vista Faulty Laptop - Vista And XP - Any help greatly appreciated and now on bootup i get the error saying a file is missing the file is usually quot winload exe quot but can sometimes be other files which I cant remember the name of Some times Vitsa will load Faulty Laptop - Vista And XP - Any help greatly appreciated up fine and the laptop would be perfect but percent of the time i got this error whichis really boggling me I then tried to do a fresh install of XP during the install I get a blue error screen saying there is something wrong with my hardware and to run fdisk on my hard drive I couldnt do this due to not being able to boot up so I bought a fresh new hard drive trying to fix the problem I installed this HD and started the XP installation again I am still getting the error message and I am stumped on what to try next Does anyone have any ideas or pointers they would be greatly appreciated thank you nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop which I have just discovered has a faulty battery, and although it is plugged into a power socket, won't start up. Any thoughts on how I can get around this?

A:Starting Dell laptop when battery faulty

Remove the battery...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/starting-dell-laptop-when-battery-faulty.202880/
Relevancy 48.59%

I currently have a XPS 12-9Q33 laptop that is not charging. The light at the end of the power adapter is no longer lighting up so it appears to be faulty. I've called Dell to purchase a new adapter but was told that they no longer sell replacements for them and was recommended to buy an adapter from a 3rd party source.
I purchased a replacement with the same voltage and amperage that is supposed to work on a XPS 12. The laptop now powers on but will not charge. The BIOS states that the adapter is unknown and will not allow it to charge.
What can I do now? I find it really frustrating that I cannot get a direct replacement from Dell themselves so I'm stuck with a laptop that is not portable at all since the battery is at 0%

A:XPS 12 Power Adapter Faulty. Cannot charge laptop.

Third party adapters usually do not have required logic circuit to complete the batter charging loop.  It's easy to find genuine, OEM Dell adapters:
www.parts-people.com/index.php

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19987856
Relevancy 48.59%

Hey all The Issue I Have recently purchased a laptop with windows XP preinstalled high-grade drive Faulty DVD on laptop on it has COA key and eveything seemed to be working until i updated the Webcam drivers Suddenly the laptop stopped working and kept getting a BSOD so i re-installed XP and re-instlled the drivers for the laptop but now the DVD drive doesn t work properly When i insert a DVD film into the drive the film will play using Power Cyberlink DVD player but if i try to open the DVD from quot My Computer quot the disc appears to be blank This also happend with DVD Faulty DVD drive on high-grade laptop s where i have backed up data etc Also eveytime i start the laptop up it keeps trying to install two quot Base System Device quot I have tried allowing the laptop to install these devices but each time it tells me the device quot was not installed correctly quot I am confused as to why this is and was just wondering if i had installed the correct drivers for the laptop or not or if perhaps my DVD drive is on t its way out Laptop Specs Hi-Grade Notebook Pentium INtel T Dual Core Gb RAM Gb HDD Windows XP PRO Faulty DVD drive on high-grade laptop SP Model No W S I do have a genuine copy of Windows Home Premium with a COA but im reluctant to install this without a fully working DVD Drive thanks in advance James nbsp

A:Faulty DVD drive on high-grade laptop

I can't find W76S on Hi-Grade's site, so I don't know what extras the laptop has. And their FTP server for driver download appears to be offline. Do you still have the CD/DVD w/ device drivers that came with the laptop? Perhaps try reinstalling the drivers for the webcam, card-reader, etc. from that disc.

The other option is take a look at Device Manager. Look at the properties for those w/ exclamation marks. There should be a Details tab. Select Hardware Ids under Property, and you should get couple things in the Value box. Hopefully, the 1st one will help you identify the make and from there, the right driver. If not, try using the 2nd value.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-dvd-drive-on-high-grade-laptop.168437/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi I bought a new wifi because I thought the old one was fried The old one I had was a linksys cisco and it would not let me log onto the smart connect So I bought a new wifi which is a netgear connected it up the main computer had internet connection but again this one would not log onto thier genie So I call netgear and they tell me I have a bunch of things wrong and they want to sell me something Of course I don't want to buy anything else especially at the prices they were quoting me So with the tutorials between bleeping computer and tweaking com I begin to process the but installed finish online log to wifi can't clean up my computer I sitll can't get the online connection meaning Netgear has you go to routerlogin com or net this gets rerouted or an error page Please I don't know what else to do to get my wifi up and running can you help ty My computer is a Dell inspiron window edition vista home premium service pack bit I am hooked up by cable Thank you ever so much

A:wifi installed but can't log online to finish the process

If I'm not mistaken that computer comes with an optional PCI wifi adapter, did you install it?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/534539/wifi-installed-but-cant-log-online-to-finish-the-process/
Relevancy 48.16%

I ve read through hundreds of posts trying to figure out my issue Unfortunately I ve been unsuccessful Here s the at WiFi office home Company Connects not but at WiFi Solved: Secure to Laptop issue I was given a new laptop for work and it connects fine to our secure wireless network at the office but when I brought it home it will not connect to my wireless network at home When I try to connect to my network at home the wireless manager sits and spins saying quot trying to acquire network address quot I have iPhones eMachine and Macbook connected to my network working fine and dandy However the HP laptop from work simply won t connect unless wired I have tried the following Uninstalled and reinstalled the driver Power Solved: Company Laptop Connects to Secure WiFi at office but not WiFi at home Cycled my Router Power Cycled my entire network WinsockXPFix tool I m completely at a loss here No idea what to do to fix this I m running Windows XP and have a Wire router I appreciate any advice anyone can give me to help solve this annoyance nbsp

A:Solved: Company Laptop Connects to Secure WiFi at office but not WiFi at home

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-company-laptop-connects-to-secure-wifi-at-office-but-not-wifi-at-home.848389/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello fellas i need to connect my dumb Xbox to connect to to modem--->not Solved: live!!! wifi able laptop+wifi xbox360+USB live for it does not play any movies and asks to connect to live that i am unable to do OKey here is the plit- gt i have a usb modem that i connect into my laptop wihch has wifi n all that now i create an adhoc n w first on lapi--the xbox detects and connects but still test connection fails the xbox is unable to connect to the adhoc n w second i Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!! tried creating a adhoc n w on my xbox-- gt lapi connects to that n w but still the test conncetion fails on the xbox I have checked quot Allow users to use this n w quot for my USB modem connection which i use to connect to Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!! the internet In Properties-- gt Sharing But here it asks to select the n w connection out of options Wireless conn Wireless conn Local Area Conn Sometimes it shows only Wileless Conn and LAN i tried every possible combination of all these settings but nothing is working The internet on my laptop works fine I am using Win Home Premium I just need to connect my Xbox to my laptop wirelessely and use the internet connection my laptop is using i tried some manual settings of ip subnet n dns server on my xbox n lapi in this case the xbox connects to the network while connection test but does not connects to laptop HELP guys nbsp

A:Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wifi-laptop-wifi-xbox360-usb-modem-not-able-to-connect-to-live.1032051/
Relevancy 48.16%

Two times in the last week my monitor (a KDS visual sensations CRT) has come on with the image looking like an hourglass (wide at the top and bottom, pinched in the center). This happened imediately upon boot up and both times rebooting has returned the monitor to normal, leaving the computer running does not bring the problem back. Which is more likely, that my monitor is beginning to fail or maybe my graphics card (a saphire, ATI radeon 7000) is failing? Is there some way (other than swaping my monitor out and trying another as this seems so far to be an intermitent problem and may not arise when a new monitor is conected) to check and see which it may be?

Relevancy 48.16%

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop and the audio input in front is damaged....you can sometimes get it to work but often it's impossible. How difficult is it to replace it? I also heard from someone that you might be able to do the sound through USB.....is that correct? What is my best option here?

Thanks!

Relevancy 48.16%

Hi First off I posted in here because my problem mainly had to do with Networking Driver issues before it went into Laptop Freezing Adapter Problems Wireless + (Faulty?) computer freezes and stuff like that so feel free to move this thread if I'm wrong One of my laptops has been facing a driver issue recently and it's driving me crazy it's the laptop I bring for education study purposes this one I'm using to post is a giant and not exactly portable - Alienware Malfunctioning Laptop specs Dell Inspiron Windows -bit GB RAM It all started when the wifi suddenly disappeared from my network center only to discover it having (Faulty?) Wireless Adapter Problems + Laptop Freezing problems in Device Manager exclamation mark After trying to disable and renable it to test it disappeared until several minutes later when it randomly shows itself and it was working for a while until the laptop suddenly decided to freeze on me No crash reports no error messages just couldn't move the mouse or use anything Restarting the laptop randomly brought it back on a few occasions but it would freeze nevertheless after a couple minutes of use System Restore didn't work and every time I tried to quot Scan for hardware changes quot in Device Manager to try and regain the default driver when one of my restarts didn't bring it back it froze over and over After uninstalling the wifi adapter through an external program - Driver Booster however the computer no longer froze and I could use it normally just without wifi which I need I tried installing the latest driver version from the Dell website in order to try and bring it back but it failed at first appearing to only install the Bluetooth suite before a few minutes later again it would randomly show up and bring back the same problems freezing Have I just been trying to fix a faulty wireless adapter card all this time

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/74065-faulty-wireless-adapter-problems-laptop-freezing.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I purchased a new Dell laptop from local computer shop in early May On the day of purchase it was noted by both myself and the store that the unit was slow powering up It was returned the following day with several difficulties which seemingly the store corrected The unit has been used for no more than an hour per day just syncing data from main PC From date of purchase rights Legal laptop - purchase Faulty comments? to the th July there have been periods when the unit was very sluggish but also times when it worked fine On the th July the start-up procedure taking to full desktop was Faulty laptop purchase - Legal rights comments? in excess of three minutes as well as that on closing down despite the screen going black the hard drive continued running and had to be forcibly stopped via holding down the On button This was repeated five times on the sixth attempt it functioned as it should Subsequently the unit was returned to the store on th July due The store tested the laptop and then it was returned to Faulty laptop purchase - Legal rights comments? Dell where it was supposedly repaired I received the unit back on the th July On receipt the unit was found to have exactly the same problem In excess of three minutes to desktop and the hard drive still running after shutdown The start-up and close down procedure Faulty laptop purchase - Legal rights comments? was repeated five times with the same scenario Coincidentally starting correctly at the seventh attempt The item is now back with the store with me stating that I do not want another attempted repair as the unit would seem to have had the problem from day I am to speak with the manager on Monday Comments please

A:Faulty laptop purchase - Legal rights comments?

You can check your rights to a replacement laptop or a refund from the Citizens Advice consumer help line found click here

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/faulty-laptop-purchase-legal-rights-comments-4598027/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi folks I wanted to post the fact that Dell sold me a faulty laptop in July last and I had a complete nightmare gaining a refund nbsp I had to fight for over x Faulty Customer Feedback / Dell Service RE: Laptop days to have my money returned and in the end I requested my Credit Card provider to resolve the matter legally I was also lied to on many occasions by the staff Gian Vishka and Shahank who repeatedly RE: Faulty Dell Laptop / Customer Service Feedback promised me manager call-backs and also that the courier was en-route to collect the faulty item nbsp I was asked to please be patient to allow them to resolve the matter asap which RE: Faulty Dell Laptop / Customer Service Feedback I was and my gesture was completely throwm back in my face on multiple occasions nbsp I am still waiting for the Senior Manager call-back I was promised TEN DAYS ago although now the RE: Faulty Dell Laptop / Customer Service Feedback situation has gone to far for any kind of amicable resolution I shall NEVER purchase from Dell ever again as it is totally criminal of them to retain a customers money nbsp I have probably spent at least x hours on the phone before I managed to make any headway with the situation nbsp I have been a Dell loyal customer since and this would have been the third PC I purchased from them nbsp Therefore it is utterly abysmal for them to treat me or anyone like this I am considering posting a copy of the entire dialogue here as well as other computer forums sales-reviews online as it is quite unbelievable nbsp I only wish I had recorded the phone conversations Yes I was provided with some compensation which I do appreciate however it was the very least you could have done and I still feel that the members of staff involved should have been sacked on the spot for their repeated misconduct Thank you Paul David Seaman UK

A:RE: Faulty Dell Laptop / Customer Service Feedback

Moderators: Please feel free move this post to a more appropriate section of the forum should you see fit.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988749
Relevancy 48.16%

I m not sure whether to system restore or fight to try and issues Slow Faulty, laptop, Audio multiple fix my laptop but here are the problems that I am aware of - Recently the audio turns off randomly USUALLY Slow laptop, Audio Faulty, multiple issues it turns off if I turn up the volume on Slow laptop, Audio Faulty, multiple issues the computer - The laptop has been getting progressively slower over the years - Slow laptop, Audio Faulty, multiple issues The Icon Tray at the bottom near the clock is broken when I click the little arrow to expand it takes about seconds to load and then pops up as a huge white empty box It takes a good few minutes for the box to close if I click on another window and the whole computer freezes up during that time - When I go to quot Folder Options quot and then go to quot View quot the icon for quot Files and Folders quot is a black square and where quot Hidden files and folders quot is there is another black box next to that with the two options listed in caps lock quot NOHIDDEN quot and quot SHOWALL quot Both of which are un-ticked and cannot be ticked I can provide pictures for any of these claims if that helps I m not the best at articulation Over the years I ve tried various methods to fix problems that I just pick up from the internet when others get help I ve never actually sought help that applies directly to me Here are my FRST and Addition logs FRST Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Hero administrator on KAPPELLAJ - - Running from C Users admin Desktop Loaded Profiles Hero Available Profiles Hero amp Administrator Platform Windows Enterprise Service Pack X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved AuthenTec Inc C Program Files Fingerprint Sensor ATService exe Softex Inc C Program Files Softex OmniPass OmniServ exe Wacom Technology Corp C Program Files Tablet ISD ISD TouchService exe Wacom Technology Inc C Program Files Tablet CalibrationAssistant exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System wlanext exe Apple Inc C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Broadcom Corporation C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btwdins exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Skype Toolbars AutoUpdate SkypeC CAutoUpdateSvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Skype Toolbars PNRSvc SkypeC CPNRSvc exe Intel R Corporation C Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exe FUJITSU LIMITED C Program Files Fujitsu FUJ E FUJ E exe O Micro International C Windows System drivers o flash exe C Program Files x Razer Razer Services GSS GameScannerService exe Intel R Corporation C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exe Wacom Technology Corp C Program Files Tablet ISD ISD Tablet exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVCM EXE Microsoft Corporation C Windows System wisptis exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel R Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel R Management Engine Components UNS UNS exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System wisptis exe Wacom Technology Corp C Program Files Tablet ISD ISD TabletUser exe Wacom Technology Corp C Program Files Tablet ISD ISD Tablet exe FUJITSU LIMITED C Program Files Fujitsu SSUtility FJSSDMN exe C Windows snuvcdsm exe Sonix C Windows vsnp uvc exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxpers exe Softex Inc C Program Files Softex OmniPass scureapp exe FUJITSU LIMITED C Program Files F... Read more

A:Slow laptop, Audio Faulty, multiple issues

==================== One Month Created files and folders ========

(If an entry is included in the fixlist, the file/folder will be moved.)

2015-08-28 21:23 - 2015-08-28 21:24 - 00025617 _____ C:\Users\admin\Desktop\FRST.txt
2015-08-28 21:22 - 2015-08-28 21:23 - 00000000 ____D C:\FRST
2015-08-28 21:21 - 2015-08-28 21:21 - 02186752 _____ (Farbar) C:\Users\admin\Desktop\FRST64.exe
2015-08-28 18:52 - 2015-08-28 18:52 - 00001945 _____ C:\Windows\epplauncher.mif
2015-08-28 18:46 - 2015-08-28 18:46 - 00002123 _____ C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Security Essentials.lnk
2015-08-28 18:45 - 2015-08-28 18:46 - 00000000 ____D C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client
2015-08-28 18:45 - 2015-08-28 18:45 - 00000000 ____D C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Security Client
2015-08-24 12:51 - 2015-08-24 12:51 - 00000000 ____D C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\com.playsaurus.heroclicker
2015-08-24 12:49 - 2015-08-24 12:49 - 00000222 _____ C:\Users\admin\Desktop\Clicker Heroes.url
2015-08-24 12:49 - 2015-08-24 12:49 - 00000000 ____D C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Steam
2015-08-24 12:45 - 2015-08-24 12:45 - 00000000 ____D C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Steam
2015-08-24 12:45 - 2015-08-24 12:45 - 00000000 ____D C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\CEF
2015-08-24 12:39 - 2015-08-24 15:39 - 00000000 ____D C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam
2015-08-24 12:39 - 2015-08-24 12:39 - 00000973 _____ C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Steam.lnk
2015-08-24 12:39 - 2015-08-24 12:39 - 00000000 ____D C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Steam
2015-08-20 07:54 - 2015-08-11 02:20 - 25191936 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\system32\mshtml.dll
2015-08-20 07:54 - 2015-08-11 02:14 - 02724864 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\system32\mshtml.tlb
2015-08-20 07:54 - 2015-08-11 01:33 - 02724864 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mshtml.tlb
2015-08-20 07:54 - 2015-08-11 01:20 - 19871232 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mshtml.dll
2015-08-12 03:05 - 2015-07-30 14:13 - 00124624 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\system32\PresentationCFFRasterizerNative_v0300.dll
2015-08-12 03:05 - 2015-07-30 14:13 - 00103120 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\SysWOW64\PresentationCFFRasterizerNative_v0300.dll
2015-08-11 21:32 - 2015-07-21 01:39 - 00389840 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\system32\iedkcs32.dll
2015-08-11 21:32 - 2015-07-21 01:12 - 00342736 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\SysWOW64\iedkcs32.dll
2015-08-11 21:32 - 2015-07-16 21:54 - 00004096 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\system32\ieetwcollectorres.dll
2015-08-11 21:32 - 2015-07-16 21:37 - 00066560 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\system32\iesetup.dll
2015-08-11 21:32 - 2015-07-16 21:36 - 00584192 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\system32\vbscript.dll
2015-08-11 21:32 - 2015-07-16 21:36 - 00417792 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\system32\html.iec
2015-08-11 21:32 - 2015-07-16 21:36 - 00048640 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\system32\ieetwproxystub.dll
2015-08-11 21:32 - 2015-07-16 21:35 - 02885632 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\system32\iertutil.dll
2015-08-11 21:32 - 2015-07-16 21:35 - 00088064 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\system32\MshtmlDac.dll
2015-08-11 21:32 - 2015-07-16 21:27 - 00054784 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\system32\jsproxy.dll
2015-08-11 21:32 - 2015-07-16 21:26 - 05923328 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\system32\jscript9.dll
2015-08-11 21:32 - 2015-07-16 21:26 - 00034304 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\system32\iernonce.dll
2015-08-11 21:32 - 2015-07-16 21:23 - 00615936 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\system32\ieui.dll
2015-08-11 21:32 - 2015-07-16 21:21 - 00816640 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\system32\jscript.dll
2015-08-11 21:32 - 2015-07-16 21:21 - 00814080 _____ (Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\system32\jscript9diag.dll
2015-08-11 21:32 - 2015-07-16 21:21 - 001... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-laptop-audio-faulty-multiple-issues.218655/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi All,

I am new to this forum..few day agai got to know that I can make my Windows 7 Laptop a HotSpot via Virtual WiFi...so I tried to make my laptop hotspot and the same can be detected from my iPhone also...i can connect connect iPhone to my laptop...but i cant access any internet..
i have also tried putting off my firewall but with no use....
can somebody help me out with the same?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-iphone-via-wifi-from-windows-7-virtual-wifi-laptop.971585/
Relevancy 48.16%

guys i have a strange problem with my WiFi lately
yesterday the my laptop lost the connection to my WiFi modem and when i tried to search it my laptop not find any WiFi modem but the other device such as: my smartphone detect it normally. but after that, i tried windows troubleshooting and it found that "you've lost your internet connect" and suggest some way to solve this problem, i followed the instruction and voila, my internet connection appear again but next 4 hours, it's dead again, i went to troubleshooting and it worked fine again.
so guys please help me to solve this annoying problem...
thanks before

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-suddenly-lost-wifi-connection-and-cant-detect-wifi.1108989/
Relevancy 48.16%

from device manager network controller is yellow
this is windows 7 64 bit
dell latitude e6410

tried to install below drivers , all of them did not install need help
Network_Driver_WD35F_WN_5.100.235.12_A37.exe
Network_Driver_3MNPT_WN_15.10.0.10_A06.exe
NIC_DRVR_WIN_R254689.exe

A:wifi icon is red cross, also wifi light on laptop does not show up

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... Select the Network Controller Right click select Property's ...

Then the Details Tab and Post any Info it says there ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/357267-wifi-icon-red-cross-also-wifi-light-laptop-does-not-show-up.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi, My laptop has a very weak wifi detection. Only when the wifi signal is very strong can it detect the wifi. I tried contacting HP regarding the same. They said it could be a loose connection with the wifi antenna. I have been waiting for the custumer service in my area to contact me(like HP promised!!!) for quite a long time now . Now I am in urgent need to get this fixed. I was wondering if an external wifi adapter would solve this issue. Mine is a Windows 10 laptop. Model no: ab030tx (pavilion). If an external adapter works, what would you suggest? (I am confused as a lot of products available in market only convert the laptop to a hotspot) 

A:Weak WiFi detection of laptop: will an external wifi adapter...

Dear Customer, In case if your laptop is under warranty, You may call  HP and will replace the Wireless card.Contact HPhttp://support.hp.com/us-en/checkwarranty However you may still use the External WIFI USB Adapters, I would like to share a document which helps how to choose the required Adapters.http://www.howtogeek.com/243330/how-to-choose-a-usb-wi-fi-adapter-for-your-laptop/ After trying you may search the model of the adapter online with Amazon for price details. Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Weak-WiFi-detection-of-laptop-will-an-external-wifi-adapter/td-p/5852627
Relevancy 48.16%

My motherboard has a freezes wired Network to when switching from wifi process built in wifi card but ofcourse I use wired I use wifi for troubleshooting connections sometimes Network process freezes when switching from wifi to wired When I am done with wifi I disable wifi - about to enable ethernet But the wifi does not disable I click disable a few more times but nothing And I can not enable ethernet - Sometimes it can stop on enabling ethernet with that small loading rectangle screen that will appear for ever The only fix when the network Network process freezes when switching from wifi to wired process hangs is to hard restart I restart the pc from start menu but it stops on the screen quot restarting spinning thing quot - it still spins but spins for ever so I have to press my PC reset button On bootup i have a places to click in a picture for the password when I click the places it is still waiting for more clicks or quot start over quot if i wait long enough it finally realises I have already done the clicks correctly and lets me in

A:Network process freezes when switching from wifi to wired

bump ?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/61114-network-process-freezes-when-switching-wifi-wired.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi
Please can anyone tell me if my keyboard is faulty or not ?
Symptoms is i start the laptop up fine and works web, office etc but then after a few mintues it goes haywire and the mouse goes really erractic fire over the screen and wont stay in one place its like its got the shakes, Any know what my fault is a friend said to me that happened with him and his was faulty keyboard. Anyone any suggestions please ?

A:Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop keyboard problem faulty or not?

Yes, I would say replace the keyboard too

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-1525-laptop-keyboard-problem-faulty-or-not.167933/
Relevancy 47.3%

Wireless connection issue I believe wired works -- haven't tried lately -- but the major problems are wireless ISP XfinityWifi hotspots and or in-house router sharing said hotpot Conn type Cable Router D-Link DIR- AV etc McAfee out of date MSE not genuine anymore thus disabled ipconfig all output included below Xirrus wi-fi inspector Wifi onboard laptop, Dell Wifi & USB nonfunctional Downloaded on my desktop computer USBdrived over to laptop installed run screenshot attached skmk is my in-house network xfinitywifi is a bit too weak but that's not the issue with this laptop Basic issue may well be an OS file corruption issue as Dell laptop, onboard Wifi & USB Wifi nonfunctional Dell support threw up their hands and suggested a clean Win install Install repair hasn't helped Laptop is a Dell Latitude D or thereabouts GB RAM Win Pro SP Onboard NIC is Intel Centrino Ultimate-N AGN driver v from Intel Adapter is enabled but fails to find any networks at all Complete removal redetection reinstall Dell laptop, onboard Wifi & USB Wifi nonfunctional of device makes no difference nor do latest NIC drivers Under Manage Wireless Networks the quot Add quot and quot Adapter properties quot buttons do nothing and under Network and Sharing Center quot Set up a new quot and quot Connect to a network quot are similarly unresponsive I also have a Belkin G USB wifi adapter which works perfectly in other computers but it too finds no networks in the laptop Previously after the onboard NIC went unresponsive I could use the Belkin adapter only in one specific USB port with a specific quot Wireless Network Connection quot name and it would only find one specific SSID skmknet -- which was my home config before wifi went south No new networks worked work I recall running a utility at some point that informed me there were quite a few active networks within range but couldn't give me any information about them Halp ----------------------- Windows IP Configuration Host Name MNV T -LEASE Primary Dns Suffix QUANTUM com Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List QUANTUM com Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Ultimate-N AGN Physical Address - - - E- E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetXtreme xx Gigabit Controller Physical Address D - -E - A- - A DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:Dell laptop, onboard Wifi & USB Wifi nonfunctional

If wireless are enabled then perhaps check services.msc for WLAN AutoConfig (automatic - started). Your repair install should have taken care of this though so not very hopeful.

Edit: also try uninstalling McAfee

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/382132-dell-laptop-onboard-wifi-usb-wifi-nonfunctional.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have issues connecting home specific to my issue and wifi Wifi laptop my Laptop to the Wifi router in my house however there are no issues connecting to other routers You would therefore assume that the issue lies with Wifi issue specific to my laptop and home wifi the router at my house However every other device and laptop connects to the router at my house with no issues at all So it seems to be specific to the combination of my laptop and the router at my house I have been having these issues ever since I downloaded Windows I fixed it initially by downloading an old driver for the Wifi on my laptop This fix lasted for about months but since the latest windows update the issue has come back The issue is intermittent wifi where it shows I Wifi issue specific to my laptop and home wifi am connected to the Wifi but then the internet doesn't work It says quot DNS probe cannot be found quot when running troubleshooter and then it resets the wifi on my laptop This can temporalily fix it sometimes for seconds Sometimes for hours But then the issue comes back Does anyone have any clue what the issue might be or how I might fix it Sometimes when I run the troubleshooter it says that I have missing protocols But then this doesn't happen every time I have tried a variety of fixes that I have read up on Wifi issue specific to my laptop and home wifi in forums but none seem to work permantly One thing I haven't tried is a clean install of windows which is something I am very reluctant to do and also have my doubts as to whether it would actually resolve the issue Many thanks Joe

A:Wifi issue specific to my laptop and home wifi

It all depends on location, location, location. Some Gateways are just garbage. If you are not getting a strong enough signal, get an Access Point. Also you need to make sure that you are not on a congested channel, which is usually Channels 6 & 11 for 2.4 Ghz units.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/44081-wifi-issue-specific-my-laptop-home-wifi.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Although I am connected to our but No 13 ... internet Wifi Wifi on via Folio laptop connection wireless network on the Folio there is no internet connection I can however connect to the internet via Wifi on two other household laptops both of them HP so I believe the problem is with the Folio itself I can also connect to other computers on the network on the Folio but something is preventing it from getting on the internet I can only get the internet via hardwired ethernet connection on the Folio I have tried the following fixes multiple times No internet connection on Folio 13 laptop via Wifi but Wifi ... without success nbsp -Run the Windows troubleshooter for Internet Network It says the connection between your access point router or cable modem and the internet is broken But not on other wifi computers here--works fine -Reboot Reset the modem -Disable Renable the wifi adapter Intel Centrino Wireless N -Update wifi No internet connection on Folio 13 laptop via Wifi but Wifi ... adapter driver it says driver is up to date -Uninstall reinstall wifi adapter-Remove Wifi Network from list of available networks reboot add this network back in-Roll back all No internet connection on Folio 13 laptop via Wifi but Wifi ... Windows updates from the past month-Searched self-help forums for a possible solution nbsp And yes the wifi keyboard light is blue not orange nbsp Can someone help please

A:No internet connection on Folio 13 laptop via Wifi but Wifi ...

Hi A visual reference point... From your description the fault is either with an app or hardware issue.  But if you follow the paths you may actually find the correct resolution. AAND I doubt I can can come up with anything new, but confirmation of the settings from your description, may help me to. So as an administrator, in a Command Prompt window (or copy and paste the whole netfixer.bat) short version... C:\WINDOWS\system32>getmacPhysical Address    Transport Name=================== ============================================48-E2-44-54-66-27   \Device\Tcpip_{F5FF31F1-C343-42B0-B6A9-BD17E49ED64C}B0-5A-DA-DE-84-28   Media disconnected48-E2-44-54-66-28   Media disconnected 1x Wi-FI, 1 x B/Tooth & 1 x Ethernet ----------------------------------------C:\WINDOWS\system32>netsh wlan show interfacesThere is 1 interface on the system:    Name                   : WiFi 2    Description            : Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter    GUID                   : f5ff31f1-c343-42b0-b6a9-bd17e49ed64c    Physical address       : 48:e2:44:54:66:27    State                  : connected    SSID                   : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX    BSSID                  : 10:0d:7f:cf:2b:da    Network type           : Infrastructure    Radio type             : 802.11n    Authentication         : WPA2-Personal    Cipher                 : CCMP    Connection mode        : Auto Connect    Channel                : 11    Receive rate (Mbps)    : 72    Transmit rate (Mbps)   : 72    Signal                 : 87%    Profile                : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-----------------------------------------------------------You can swap interfaces for drivers and settings, if you so choose. ------------------------------------------------------------- :: NetFixer.bat, Copy, Paste & Save As...:: Use a text editor (Notepad). Then edit:: the file, EG-Remove the :: in front of:: ::ipconfig -all >>IP.txt to make a txt:: file called IP.txt to read thru later.:: Run as Administrator for best outcome.@ECHO THIS MAY HELP TO REPAIR / RECTIFY,@ECHO VERY, SIMPLE NETWORK DIFFICULTIES.@ECHO...................................@ECHO THE RESULTS MAY VARY ACCORDING [email protected] YOUR CONFIGURATION AND USER LEVEL.@ECHO A RE-BOOT MUST BE DONE AFTER [email protected] SOME OF THE CHECKS OPTIONED BELOW.@ECHO....................................:[email protected] TYPE IN YOUR PREFERRED MENU [email protected]...................................@ECHO.@ECHO 0 - PING_LO Ping test to [email protected] 1 - PING_MS Ping test to [email protected] 2 - GET_MAC Obtain MAC address(es)@ECHO 3 - GET_IPs Lists all IP [email protected] 4 - IP... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/No-internet-connection-on-Folio-13-laptop-via-Wifi-but-Wifi/td-p/5613506
Relevancy 46.44%

I need the expert opinion of Brand? Best Laptop all the Men and Women in this forum that are savvy with Laptop technology A good friend of mine years ago bought a Compaq Pressario V Laptop that ended up twice in a fried Motherboard despite additional cooling and myself unable to fix it I am under the impression now that Compaq are an absolutely crappy brand so its kind of left a bad taste in my mouth So i have since looked Best Laptop Brand? at Apple Best Laptop Brand? Toshiba Acer Samsung amp Asus Notebooks with varying opinions from guys that seem to not have a clue what they are talking about in some of the stores i am going to and i say this because they seemed confused and not very confident about the information they are giving me or just can t plain answer the questions i give when i go into detail BUT i know on this forum you guys are the ones with great knowledge because i have dealt with you in the past and the information is always spot on Also is it worth bothering with iCore over iCore is Windows really that much of an improvement over Vista or is it on Par with OSX etc Answers to questions like that might be helpful as well although i have already read great things about Windows i just need some clarification My friend is looking at spending anywhere up to AU or less if possible Australian dollars and she is relying on me to come up with the goods information wise since she is a Chinese student and finding it kind of tough right now so any help you guys can give would be great Thanks BTW - She is not a gamer she just loves talking to her friends using the internet watching movies through her computer and watching Chinese drama s online Despite this not being graphically intensive a system with a reasonable GPU would be a good quot future quot investment methinks And please NO Apple is better than Microsoft or Microsoft is better than Apple bias I used to go down that path when i was an Amiga user in the s and it quickly gets no-one nowhere nbsp

A:Best Laptop Brand?

well, its going to be difficult to get an real answer on the Brand -
Compaq and HP are the same company - and I have various HPs and Compaqs machines around friends and family and all work well
I also have Toshiba, Acer and PackardBell and a sony machine

Very few have gone wrong,
I also have Dell in family

So I dont think you will get a definitive answer here on brand , because other people will have had BAD experiance with Dell, Toshiba etc etc also having issues with support - so I suspect on a POLL everyone would have had a bad experience with every manufacturer

No different to car brands really BMW, SAAB, Vauxhall - etc -

Windows 7 is an improvement on Vista - and your unlikely to get a new machine with vista on these days new , and if you did get offered vista I would be very suspect of the seller

and she is relying on me to come up with the goods information Click to expand...

I play that role for family and friends - So I tend to avoid the shop brands (which we have in the UK) and only look at the big names
HP, Compaq, PackardBell, Acer, Toshiba, Sony, and then look for any good deal in the stores, very often theres an endof line , laptops have a very short shelf life, before a new model comes out and often suppliers want to shift stock - I found this on a particular toshiba model - excellent price and high spec and we have three in the family all still working after 2years very heavy use 1- almost daily and used in a work environment
Recently I found a £500 HP laptop , that went for £367 on a manager special as they had two in stock and wanted to get rid of them to make space for new stock...

What does she want to do with the laptop - is she running any special programs that are only available on PCs Windows - that would be where i would look into before deciding on apple - also apples are quite expensive in UK - basic entry price £780 and windows laptops £350

hope some of that helps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/best-laptop-brand.959447/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,
One of my teachers will be purchasing a laptop in a week or two and he wanted to know which one he should get, as far as that goes he wants something in the area of $1000 to $1700..I know what type of processor and stuff I think would be good for him, but what brand(s) would you all recommend? He most likely wont be doing any gaming, he's going to be using it for his collage classes he's taking, so not really super demanding on graphics...just word processing and internet surfing...I think he'd like a nice warranty....

Relevancy 46.44%

I just purchased a new Dell pc (centrino) with XP but it came with lots of programs I don't and will never use.

Also, I've noticed that I have over 60 processes running at any given time. I only use a few basic programs on the pc and I'd just like to know which programs and processes I can get rid of or shut down so that I'm not seeing more than 50% CPU usage and 55+ processes.

Also, I'd be glad to show a list of what files are running, but I dont know how to get an image of it.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

A:Brand New Xp Laptop

Non-windows bloatware - that's what id safe to remove if done properly.

Leave all Windows connected aps alone unless you are expert at what you are doing.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/64034/brand-new-xp-laptop/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello Everyone- I have a brand new laptop running Windows bit I installed Avira Free Version MBAM and SAS onto the laptop from a clean flash drive before connecting the laptop to the internet at all I scanned the flash drive with the files on it multiple time with Bit Defender MBAM SAS Threatfire and have flash disinfector installed on the flash drive and all the scans came up clean I then connected to the internet downloaded Bit Defender Internet Security Trial Version updated all the programs unplugged from the internet and scanned The scans came up clean I put a blank DVD in my DVD drive preparing to create my restore discs and Avira popped up with this infection TR crypt xpack gen It popped up several times I clicked on the quot Deny Access quot option Subsequent scans have shown no infections My question is even though I clicked on quot Deny Access quot does this mean the infection is still quarentined on my computer and is just not being allowed too run or is the infection completely gone I am wondering if I have anything to worry about or if I am clean Thanks in advance for any help you can provide - -

A:Brand New Laptop

Hello,I know you thought you posted a RootRepeal log in your HiJack This topic here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/286981/infected-with-trcryptxpackgen/ but it isn't showing - anywhere. If you add a reply and post the log in the text body, I'll merge it to the original post there.Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/285846/brand-new-laptop/
Relevancy 46.44%

I'm starting to look for my first laptop. I've set a max price of $999 and would be interested in suggestions for the BRAND to look at.

My use is very moderate on my present desktop. After 4 years I've used 11 gig of my 40 gig hard drive, and do not see any need for more than 40 gig on a laptop. I'd prefer 512k rather than the 256k I have now, along with a 17 inch monitor, CD r/w, and probably DVD altho I have no immediate need for one. I do not need any facility for gaming or any need for an ultra high performance CPU or high performance graphics.

Our Sunday paper usually has ads for 6 sources of computers. Any suggestions on the one with the best prices, service and clerks with knowledge?

1. Best Buy
2. Comp USA
3. Circuit City
4. Office Max
5. Office Depot
6. Staples

For quality, reliability, support and 'bang for the buck', what say you?

A:What brand of laptop would you buy?

None of the above, they are list price stores except for closeouts you probably wouldn't want in a laptop.
Best laptops and best priced these days :
www.hpshopping.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-brand-of-laptop-would-you-buy.479529/
Relevancy 46.44%

if anyone can help New Help, Need Brand Laptop below is my hijack this logwhy are people so maliciousIt only took days to get infectedpopup cityLogfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon Need Help, Brand New Laptop exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost Need Help, Brand New Laptop exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System wltrysvc exeC WINDOWS System bcmwltry exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exec program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exec PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exec PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exeC PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfService exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC PROGRA McAfee SPAMKI MSKSrvr exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeC WINDOWS system WLTRAY exeC Program Files McAfee com VSO oasclnt exeC Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYSC PROGRA McAfee SPAMKI MskAgent exec program files mcafee com vso mcvsshld exec progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exeC PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfTray exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exeC Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboTaskBarIcon exeC PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfAgent exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exec progra mcafee com vso mcvsftsn exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC DOCUME Owner LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp def search ie htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp def www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www gateway com g startpage html Ch TB amp M MX R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www gateway com g startpage html Ch TB amp M MX R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www gateway com g sidepanel html Ch TB amp M MX R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp def www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www gateway com g startpage html Ch TB amp M MX R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO McAfee Anti-Phishing Filter - D ED - CFF- - A - EBB AF - c program files mcafee spamkiller mcapfbho dllO - BHO no name - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dllO - BHO no name - a d - f - b- e -bcd e - C WINDOWS system clbdmo dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO CBrowserHelperObject Object - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - c windows system BAE dllO - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar amp RoboForm - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolb... Read more

A:Need Help, Brand New Laptop

Hello timbo222, and welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is Charles and I will be helping you to clean up your computer.Please give me some time to look over your log and I will get back to you as soon as possible.Thanks,Charles

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/58188/need-help-brand-new-laptop/
Relevancy 46.44%

Which brand of laptop do you recommend, and which would you stay away from?

I need a business laptop for QuickBooks, Microsoft RMS & POS, and general business apps.

It has to have Win XP Pro.

My budget: $800. Must be new.

Any thoughts on Lenovo, HP, Dell, Toshiba, and Acer?

Thanks.

Relevancy 46.44%

Picked up a laptop last night for my dad Is there anything in the HJT log that I Brand new laptop can remove Brand new laptop I don t want any resource hogs to be Brand new laptop running in the background Thanks so much Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader reader sl exe C Program Files x Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exe C Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Sony Corporation SmartWi Connection Utility CCP exe C Program Files Sony Corporation SmartWi Connection Utility PowerManager exe C Program Files Sony Corporation SmartWi Connection Utility ThirdPartyAppMgr exe C Program Files Sony Corporation SmartWi Connection Utility UIManager exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Reminder VAIOReminder exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www sony com vaiopeople f R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www sony com vaiopeople f R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run ISBMgr exe quot C Program Files x Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run SmartWiHelper quot C Program Files Sony Corporation SmartWi Connection Utility SmartWiHelper exe quot WindowsStartup O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files x QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User NETWORK SERVICE O - Global Startup Acrobat Assistant lnk C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe O - Global Startup Bluetooth lnk O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Send image to amp Bluetooth Device - C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btsendto ie ctx htm O - Extra context menu item Send page to amp Bluetooth Device - C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btsendto ie htm O - Extra button Send to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra Tools menuitem S amp end to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS Office REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button Send To Bluetooth - CCA CA-C - ef- - C D F - C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software b... Read more

A:Brand new laptop

Can I not remove anything? Seems like there is a lot of stuff on here. What is the deal with the entries that say "(missing file)" at the end of them?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/brand-new-laptop.785430/
Relevancy 46.44%

My son has a brand new laptop I set it all up nicely for him with AVG Zonealarm firewall spy stuff too etc Off he went to uni I visited him last week and he wanted to show me stuff on his computer When the zonealarm popup came on he just clicked on allow Son's New Brand Laptop I was gobsmacked I tried to explain to him not to do this He's been away about a month and uses his computer for all the typical teen stuff Anyway tonight I got a text My computer won't let me log on I called him Apparently he gets to the log on screen and logs on But then he just gets a black screen I thought it sounded pretty horrible I told him to log on in safe mode and see if it Son's Brand New Laptop says at the bottom of the screen log on at the last successful log in or something like that I said if that doesn't Son's Brand New Laptop work he'll have to re format his hard drive Is this correct advice I'm almost as computer illiterate as him

A:Son's Brand New Laptop

It depends on what he gets in Safe Mode - if he can get in, the first thing to try would be updated video drivers. Also, have him look in the Event Viewer (Start...type in "eventvwr.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter) - check in Windows Logs, then in Application and System.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/112254/sons-brand-new-laptop/
Relevancy 46.44%

im looking into buying a laptop for a family member for christmas, he does alot of gaming and downloads alota stuff all the time so im wondering whats a good brand to get i know theres been some bad talk about toshiba, and im not a fan of the sony prices considering i dont think there name makes there 2nd hand parts more expensive... can any1 recommend a good brand or models, im open for opinion and prior experience comments, any help would be great thanks alot...

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi i have a hp probook 4530s. I recently installed a new norton security package upon restart the wifi icon amd every thing to do with wifi has dissapeared. There is a wifi on off button on the keypad area and when i press it, all that seems to happen is the Bluetooth turns on/off i have looked in the network adapters amd nothing is there. Its like wifi option has just got up and left my laptop. I recently upgraded to windows 10 and when i went to the hp support site they dont provide drivers for windows 10 as i was going to try install the drivers for wifi again. Im stumped can anyone help?

A:Wifi / Wifi icon has left my laptop

I remember seeing a post on the HP Forums about this, but just now, I can't find it. From what I remember, this was a known problem with the new Norton security package. You should check the Norton security forums to see about this as they probably have a fix for it.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/41954-wifi-wifi-icon-has-left-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi, I just bought a new laptop to replace my old HP one, and after using it for half an hour I have become incredibly irritated at a gritty whirring noise of what sounds like a processor (it doesn't sound the same as the cooling fan imo), originating from the right side of my laptop underneath the keypad. I am wondering whether this is common for this particular model of laptop or whether I have a fault item. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/My-brand-new-laptop-is-much-louder-than-my-last-HP-laptop/td-p/5739573
Relevancy 46.01%

I bought the laptop last night and its already infected Its a Toshiba and its fairly decent I ve been recieveing recurring IE Beta pop ups even though I v removed Brand Laptop, Infected New Already all my IE files and use FF as my default browser SpySweeper has been run and its helped with earlier problems but no good with these stubborn ones Log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system Brand New Laptop, Already Infected winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ACS exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc Brand New Laptop, Already Infected exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper WRSSSDK exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C Program Files TOSHIBA E-KEY CeEKey exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TouchPad TPTray exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Touch and Launch PadExe exe C WINDOWS system ZoomingHook exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exe C WINDOWS system TPSMain exe C Program Files Toshiba Tvs TvsTray exe C Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSServ exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C mousepad exe C WINDOWS SYSC exe C WINDOWS system TPSBattM exe C WINDOWS sys - exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C WINDOWS system p pnetworking exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Common Files VCClient VCMain exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C Documents and Settings All Users Start Menu Programs Startup wmplayer exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE ONENOTEM EXE C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice BIN C Program Files limewire limewire exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId amp clcid SUB CLCID R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www shoptoshiba ca welcome R - URLSearchHook no name - CFBFAE - A - D - CB- C FD - no file O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run ATIPTA quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe quot O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe O - HKLM Run CeEKEY C Program Files TOSHIBA E-KEY CeEKey exe O - HKLM Run NDSTray exe NDSTray exe O - HKLM Run TPNF C Program Files TOSHIBA TouchPad TP... Read more

Relevancy 46.01%

Hey,

My parents just bought me a gaming laptop ASUS off amazon but i ended up putting on EBay for sell.
After the buyer received, he claimed that this was already used due to there was a update done on it like 5 months ago but I've never used it ever since i got it from my parents as a gift.
And I sent the laptop to him with the manufacturer case and seal both being unbroken in perfect condition.(I have picture as proof)
I've asked some friends and most of them claimed that it was mostly installed during test stage when the os was being install.
Can my laptop still be considered as brand new?

Thanks

A:Can this still be considered as a brand new laptop?

It's still brand new if the original box is sealed and the seal itself is unbroken.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/26593-can-still-considered-brand-new-laptop.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I'm setting up an MSI CR for one of my staff and am having nothing but problems I removed some of the bloatware and installed avast plus a couple other programs and it seemed to be working She had to ship the laptop back to me because it had become unresponsive and she couldn't use it I restored the laptop to factory settings and left it running for a while The HDD LED was constantly on so I checked the performance monitor and disk activity was at The laptop was sluggish I eventually worked out it was the scheduled maintenance running but not doing anything I stopped it and tried installing updates manually but it stays at I ran the update troubleshooter and it said it fixed a problem but it was no better so I emptied the SoftwareDistribution folder I then ran DISM exe Online Cleanup-image Scanhealth which took over hours to complete When it finished I ran DISM exe Online Cleanup-image Restorehealth which finished quite quickly so I checked for new updates and only selected the optional updates hardware drivers which installed no problem I then selected all the recommended updates and nothing happened back to being stuck at I just ran Scanhealth again and it didn't take as long but said quot no corruption detected quot I haven't installed anything except a few updated drivers Any ideas or should I send the laptop back laptop problems new Brand

A:Brand new laptop problems

Personally in cases where you need to identify if it is soft or hardware related problem I like going with safeboot or using a live cd OS and take it from there.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/25769-brand-new-laptop-problems.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello,i recently(2 weeks ago) bought a new laptop:
Asus A52j
Processor: Intel® Core™ i3 Procesor 380M/2.53GHz 2.53GHz/3M
RAM:4GB DDR3 1066 MHz
Hdd:640GB ,5400rpm 5400rpm
GPU:ATI Mobility™ Radeon® HD 6370, 1G DDR3 VRAM

And everything was working fine(a little bit slower than i expected though) until 2 days ago when he started bluescreening....i did everything i could think about,restored the sistem,repaired the system,even did a clean installation of windows,but still no improvement....i am using bluescreenview,here's the screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/Vf6QX.jpg

Does anybody know the solution,and do i need to return the laptop under warranty(i don't know is it software or hardware related,as i know,it's mostly software,and i can't return it for that,cause i bought the os seperatly )

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 46.01%

I bought a new HP laptop at work right now and don t know the exact model number off the top of my head just about year ago and I have been having problems with it Brand from start laptop not right new the since I bought it The first month or so it was working great then it just started acting funny Any time I would click on anything to open it or right click it would just quot hang quot The hour glass would popup and stays like that unusable for minutes or so then the program would open or right click menu display but the next time I clicked anything the same problem would happen I did call HP tech support and after a long conversation the end result was that I Brand new laptop not right from the start just reformatted and used the recovery disks to restore it to factory settings I barley used it for a while then about another few months later the problem started again This time I just formatted and restored the os like I did before but after setup was complete this time the problem started again immediately I called tech support again and they wanted me to pay for a software diagnosis I refused to pay and find it very hard to believe that this is a software driver issue due to the problem happening right after reinstalling windows I have only about weeks left on my warranty The first time I talked to tech support they did not charge me and also told me Brand new laptop not right from the start that if it was determined Brand new laptop not right from the start that this is a hardware problem then they would fix replace it under warranty So I am asking Does anybody know of why this can be happening I don t want to but i can pay the for HP to diagnose my computer and they may quot fix quot it but I am sure that after a few months the problem will come back like it has twice already Then by that time my hardware warranty will be expired and i would be out the plus the costs to fix the hardware What should I do

A:Brand new laptop not right from the start

My first hunch is memory problems
Run memtest for 8 runs
and if problems are shown test each slot with a known good ram
Download memtest86 and test RAM
www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/105647-ram-test-memtest86.html

But even before the test try a clean boot.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/123884-brand-new-laptop-not-right-start.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I just got a brand new laptop And when I say brand new New Brand Laptop? Infection on I don t mean I ve only had it for two days or a week - it s literally brand new Just out of the box It s an Acer Aspire running Win Home Premium I unpacked it ran through the setup process created restore discs downloaded AVG and updated the virus definition files and did a scan It picked up Win Heur virus and Win Heur dropper infections in files all in the c program files x acer games directory Bejewelled Dora s Carnival Adventure Virtual Villagers Plants vs Zombies Diner Dash All are infected This makes no sense to me I haven t installed any software on the system other than Infection on Brand New Laptop? AVG and the only internet activity I ve had is accessing the AVG site Is it possible that Acer has installed infected games on the systems they re shipping Or is AVG glitched up picking up false positives I ve been away from Windows for awhile after having switched to Mac and although I worked with Windows since the days of up to XP I gave up when Vista rolled around and am therefore unfamiliar with the Win OS I m just not sure if I m missing something or what Has anyone here had an out-of-the-box infection before This is just really frustrating

A:Infection on Brand New Laptop?

Welcome aboard Could be false positive.Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop. * Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When completed, a log will open in Notepad. * Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/410779/infection-on-brand-new-laptop/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello! I would like to see the comments and reviews all of you guys can share about gaming laptops, since I'm planning to buy a Laptop for this purpose in the coming months I'll appreciate if you can say which is in your opinion one of the best brands (and not overpriced) for gaming.

I've keep my eye on the Dell XPS but I believe they are so expensive when you really add the customize good stuff to those. I've seen the ASUS have some good models for gaming, HP web site allows you to customize a decent gaming laptop without being so expensive, and there's also Fujitsu which some models include the ATI HD2600 which I believe is pretty good.

Please leave your comments about it. Thanks!

A:Best Brand for Gaming Laptop

Neither of the above brands. Check out www.KillerNoteBooks.com for the best gaming laptops available.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-brand-for-gaming-laptop.86849/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi! My sister has got a brand new Dell Vostro 1015. After unboxing it, I've put the battery in the laptop. Then I pressed the power button, but nothing happened. After that, I've charged it for more than 12 hours. After that, when I press on the power button, nothing happens! Please help us!!!!
PS: None of the lights is lighting!

Relevancy 46.01%

I just purchased a new laptop which is a Toshiba product. I used to have an Asus product which I have since returned. When I signed on to Microsoft account using my new lap top-Toshiba, I saw the asus screen saver appearing on my new Toshiba laptop. This
is annoying. How do I get rid of the asus screen saver on my Toshiba laptop please? My laptop is a Toshiba and NOT an ASUS

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/13e5b059-547a-4a04-88c6-c771624e15a1/update-of-laptop-brand-name?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey All I just bought a brand new ASUS G SW laptop Brand New BSOD Laptop - a couple weeks ago I have a question regarding BSOD s as I Brand New Laptop - BSOD have gotten of them since purchasing it The bluescreens seem to only happen when I close the lid of my laptop and the computer hibernates It says quot POWER DRIVER STATE FAILURE quot F I knew this was driver related but I did some research and found that people have said this is specific to the webcam driver for ASUS laptops I wasn t sure though so I thought I d post my minidump file here since I don t really know what I m looking for in it Also had a friend look at the dump Brand New Laptop - BSOD file and suggested I post it here If someone could take a look at it and help me out I d much appreciate it P S It also might be helpful to know that I m running Windows -bit nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/brand-new-laptop-bsod.997015/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi I recently bought a brand new laptop MSI GT OD Dragon Editon in August and even since I bought it I kept on getting lots of BSOD First I thought I was a driver issue so uninstall my Nvidia Drivers Back to stock drivers Then few days after I got another one so I decided to refresh the computer and days later I got another And this time I new a many 8) in laptop Way BSOD brand too (WIN decided to completely reset the computer formated both my SSD and HDD at first it looked like it fixed the problem but then yesterday I got another one and today also I got another BSOD In total I got like more than BSOD The errors that I kept on getting was quot IQRL NOT EQUAL OR LESS quot Way too many BSOD in a brand new laptop (WIN 8) quot REREFENCE BY POINTER quot quot KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED quot I already did quot sfc scannow quot quot dism online cleanup-image restorehealth quot ran Memtest No errors found run driververifier and none of that seems to fix the problem It came to a point where I might have to exchange the laptop for another one I uploaded my quot SF zip quot so I someone can tell me what's causing it I'd appreciate it

A:Way too many BSOD in a brand new laptop (WIN 8)

It's been my experience that IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is almost always driver related, and therefore could indicate a hardware problem. It's highly unlikely, although not impossible, a laptop vendor rolled out an OOB build that is quite buggy. In that case, there could be a lot of very unhappy customers unpacking brand new shiny laptops that crash right out of the gate. Something tells me this is not the case.

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED is one I've seen with both faulty drivers as well as failing disks. There are a lot of good disk health tools out there. My favorite is WindowSMART 2013; there's also Crystal Disk Info and HD Sentinel. Any of those tools will give you a lot more detail about your disks than UEFI / BIOS disk diagnostics will give. The vendor's own diagnostics will usually only report back pass or fail (the latter will usually include a fault code), whereas WindowSMART, Crystal Disk and HD Sentinel will give more specifics, like bad sectors, read errors, cache corruption, etc.

In the end, I'm thinking you will likely be better off getting a warranty replacement. A brand new machine should not give you that kind of trouble right out of the gate. If you did the factory recovery that typically comes with most new PCs, and the problems persist, it's reasonable to believe there's a piece of malfunctioning hardware.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/32159-way-too-many-bsod-brand-new-laptop-win-8-a.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Bought a HP laptop today, took it out of the box, put in the battery, connected the charger, it wouldn't turn on.
Charger is working because there is an orange-ish light indicating power to the machine.

Removed the battery and used only the charger. The power light was then white, but still no startup.

Removed charger, left the battery removed, and pressed the power button for 30 seconds. Connected everything again, still nothing. Power light is back its orange-ish colour.

Please tell me this is only because the battery is new and uncharged.

A:Brand new HP laptop will not start up

You must not turn on your new laptop until battery is fully charged! ( as told in manual you received )

This takes several hours ( in some cases more that 8 hours )
During that process laptop must not be turned on.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/65411-brand-new-hp-laptop-will-not-start-up.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi everyone Thanks for taking the time As a year Windows user I just am left disgusted and disappointed after finally getting an otherwise great new laptop and discovering that these updates that are all waiting for you once Brand ..please...help... New - Windows - POS Laptop 8.1 you get going do little more than throw your machine into a boot loop from which there is essentially no escape I ve researched this endlessly this morning and no one really has a definitive fix for this I m sure it s one or two specific updates in the pack thinking KB KB that are marring the installation but whatever the case I am unable to boot into safe mode yes I followed all the prompts and did it correctly it simply restarts back into the error message I e safe mode is not responsive to carry Brand New Laptop - POS Windows 8.1 - ..please...help... out any of the procceses stated online and am left with only a factory reset option to once again try my hand It s actually resetting now to Brand New Laptop - POS Windows 8.1 - ..please...help... factory from essentially factory settings and is taking ungodly long I based that previous statement on executing factory resets on many a device over many diff versions of windows over the better part of ten years I have chronic pain in my fingers Brand New Laptop - POS Windows 8.1 - ..please...help... and so I have to stop typing right there since this is on my smartphone and hurts tremendously to do If any good soul out there can assist me please Thank you for reading my querey Danny Machine Lenovo G - OS Purchase date at Best Buy Jan pc works fine otherwise once updates are Dl ed and then system is rebooted the installation freezes with this message We couldn amp t complete the updates Undoing changes Don amp t turn off your computer P S I will absolutely post the fix if I can find one on the forum to help anyone else who freshly buys a new laptop only to basically has the OS bug out and disable the functionality Unreal nbsp

A:Brand New Laptop - POS Windows 8.1 - ..please...help...

Hi Windows Hater, welcome to the TSG Forums....

It is easy to understand your frustration, annoyance and other less printable feelings towards everything computing... I've been there, got many a T-shirt with that logo on it.

There are two things that I can share with you right up front.

1. Lenovo

My experiences with Lenovo has mainly been positive. When I have had a less-than-positive experience, they have immediately and unreservedly "sorted the problem". 1st-line support is rather inexperienced, but once you move on to 2nd-line support the support personnel are knowledgeable and very helpful and respond promptly to email correspondence.

2. W8.1

I have supported Windows OS's since W95 and I can absolutely assure you that W8.1 is the best, most accomplished and most professional OS yet produced by Redmond.

So what should you do to fix your problem...? Contact Lenovo and let them sort it out for you - which they will do. As a customer of theirs, there is absolutely no reason why you should have to sort out a computer that is still under warranty.

T.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/brand-new-laptop-pos-windows-8-1-please-help.1141853/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello

I just got a new laptop (see specs below) because my previous one, which I only had for two years burnt on the motherboard because the fan kept pulling its puddings out and going like the clappers, and overheating.

I only ever use my new one on a flat surface, yet the fan seems to be coming on a lot tonight. I only had the computer a week, and I only use it for surfing websites. My laptop sounds 'busy' in general.

Can anyone explain why the fan keeps coming on all the time pls?

Many thanks

Relevancy 46.01%

I got a laptop 2 days ago and it was working fine until today when I turned it on and went on Google Chrome. After about 5 minutes my computer screen went blue and it said "Your PC has encountered a problem- please wait while the computer restarts" and it has done this about 6 or 7 times though not in a row- I tried using internet explorer but it happened with that too though it seems to occur more frequently with Google Chrome. Also it is slower than it used to be but I don't think I have a virus already plus my stepdad installed Norton on my laptop! It is brand new and my parents will kill me if I ruin it! Please help!

A:My Brand New Laptop Keeps Restarting

win8 comes with windows defender

running 2 a/virus programs can cause problems

disable norton and see if it fixes

check what is listed in the event viewer at the time of the error

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-brand-new-laptop-keeps-restarting.1083475/
Relevancy 46.01%

Here's what I've done I removed now? Laptop, on what installed to my new Brand do SSD my old HDD from my laptop I will be buying Brand new SSD installed on my Laptop, what to do now? a nd caddy and replace the CD DVD drive later I put my SanDisk GB Ultra Plus SSD Installed a Brand new SSD installed on my Laptop, what to do now? clean Windows OS onto Disk Unallocated space I didn't create a partition I finished downloading amp installing Windows Updates What to do now - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - I want to use my old HDD that I replaced with my SSD and use it as storage Programs and Data I want to reduce writes to your SSD because I read that SSD's have limited amount of writes before they start to fail How do I change the location of the System Temp folder Internet Temp folder and all the other folders from saving onto a SSD to a HDD How do I change the USER folder file libraries documents music pictures videos to my HDD Do I move the Program Files and Program Files x to the HDD as well or create a new program files to separate which important programs to install on SSD and hdd

A:Brand new SSD installed on my Laptop, what to do now?

Hello WindowsOP,

Today's SSDs will last just as long if not longer than HDDs.

I would recommend to leave all that on your SSD to maintain performance.

Plus, you risk corrupting Windows and/or your user profile when moving system folders like this if a mistake is made.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/335201-brand-new-ssd-installed-my-laptop-what-do-now.html
Relevancy 46.01%

My brand new HP laptop keeps resetting itself. The most recent occasion caused me to lose work. There is no warning message or updates processing that I can see. There seems to be no consistency in terms of battery level (last time it was at 18%). I bought it less than 3 weeks ago for and rely on it to do work. Should I return it to the shop? I'm very unimpressed with this and need it resolved asap. I have 5 days left to return it to the shop and get a full refund and will not hesitate to do so.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/My-brand-new-hp-laptop-keeps-resetting-itself/td-p/5797776
Relevancy 46.01%

I just purchased a new notebook and when I turned it on there was no sound. Neither the speakers nor the headphone jack works. I tried using the troubleshooter, and it didn't find a problem. Initially, when I tried to select "test" for the speakers in the control panel it gave me an error message and said the device is already in use. After restarting, I am able to test the speakers, but no sound is emitted. During restart the speakers made a chime, so it doesn't seem to be a hardware issue.

A:Brand new laptop has no sound

Hi @KaliG,Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion 17t-g100 Notebook and issues with the sound. Here is an excellent Youtube video on how to fix this issue.Please let me know how this goes.You can say thanks for trying to help by clicking the Thumbs Up below! Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Brand-new-laptop-has-no-sound/td-p/5599964
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello All A friend asked me to take a look at a laptop computer that used to belong to his daughter and see what kind of shape it s in so he could sell it I did an initial startup using the power cable because the battery is dead and probably no good The unit has been pretty well cleaned out of data and seems to be operating normally All the OS needs are updates and some minor configuration changes Anyway my question relates to the brand of the unit It s Solved: Odd Laptop Brand labled quot Notebook Computer quot on the sticker on the back and a square logo on the front that also reads quot NOTEBOOK quot The model is shown as T DC input V A with a bar coded serial number It s Solved: Odd Brand Laptop made in Taiwan It also has the Windows XP Home Edition Midern Solved: Odd Brand Laptop sticker with the OS Product Key My friend asked me to remove the battery so he could try to find a new one There is only one access panel on the back of the unit Removed the single screw and found one RAM slot filled and one RAM slot empty No battery there No manual with the unit so I did a google search for quot Notebook Computer quot you wouldn t believe how many hits I got on THAT but nothing that I could discern related to the unit I then added quot Model T quot to the search and still found nothing relavent Looked on various sites for notebook and laptop batteries and could not find any brand named NOTEBOOK Anybody ever heard of this brand and can lead me to technical info Or even some hints about how to locate the battery There are screws on the back of the unit that appear to hold the face plate keyboard on That is just a guess There are no screws on the front keyboard side Just so everyone has as complete info the unit has a GB IDE HDD a DVD-ROM drive a floppy drive and another drive slot I do not recognize The slot has a dust flap like a floppy drive and is about quot long and about quot high There is a small plastic covered window about quot x quot next to the slot There is also a small wheel control with an arrow above it along with a push lever next to the slot that comes out when pushed then reseats when pushed in again It s possible this unit was purchased in Canada The previous owner lived in northern Idaho and there are statements on the sticker indicating the unit meets Canadian Interferance Causing Equipment Regulations It s also writen in French But then it also says it meets FCC regs too I can take pics in jpg or bmp format and post them if anyone thinks that would be of any value Apologies for the wordy post Just trying to be as complete as possible on this one Raybro nbsp