Windows Support Forum

Stuck at Login screen (in a loop)

Q: Stuck at Login screen (in a loop)

Hi I think I have a Malware infection in my pc xp sp Dell xps model Here's the sequence of events a McAfee scan found a couple files which were then quarentined But suspiciously when the scan Stuck (in screen a at Login loop) was done there were new Internet Explorer sessions open I right-clicked on each IE on the task bar and closed them then rebooted Now I can't get past the login Windows presents the login box I type my username and Stuck at Login screen (in a loop) password my desktop background picture appears then a quot Logging Off quot box appears Stuck at Login screen (in a loop) and I'm back at the log in screen Type username and password quot Logging Off quot back at login screen a terrible loop I've tried booting in Safe Mode plain quot with networking quot and quot with command prompt quot and get the same results - stuck at the login loop I also tried booting to Last Known Good Configuration but got the same results - stuck at login I need to get past this point so I can run diagnostics Thanks in advance for the help

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Stuck at Login screen (in a loop)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 76.54%

Hello friends, I recently got the Gnome desktop environment on the Ubuntu Software Center, and I used the gdm and startx command as said by another forum site. Nothing wrong, they said to logout, tried to login again, goes to a black screen and sends me back to the Ubuntu login screen. Tried again, same result, panicked. Looked up video tutorial on how to fix it, they said to access the control panel via ctrl-alt-f1 or f2, went to a black screen, no text at all, computer runs fine, no crashing. Is there a special way to access the terminal in a System76 computer, I really don't know very confusing? Is there a way to login with the guest session? I use Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf on my laptop. What causes this, I read on Ubuntu forums it's driver issues with Ubuntu and Nvidia, but I have my suspections with the Gnome desktop environment.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/ubuntu-login-black-screen-then-login-screen-loop-for-a-system76-oryx-pro-laptop.55688/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hey there I'm running Windows XP Home Edition on a Dell and I can't log in to any of my accounts Login/Logoff loop stuck PC in When I click the account it shows the quot Loading your preferences quot and PC stuck in Login/Logoff loop everything flashes the desktop background and immediately returns to the login screen with the quot Logging off quot dialogue I've been reading up on solutions all morning including booting in safe mode still can't log in even as admin returning to the last working configuration to no avail and now I've booted from my install disc and ran the recovery console I've tried getting the correct files from the disc but I'm not sure if I've been doing it correctly despite the console saying file was copied I've tried the following from C Windows System quot copy userinit exe wsaupdater exe quot And then I tried running the full line quot copy c windows system userinit exe c windows system wsaupdater exe quot Every time the computer returned quot file copied quot but when I exit and reboot the login logoff still happens I even tried from the D i directory quot expand userinit ex C Windows System quot and quot expand wsaupdater ex C Windows System quot but I was denied access I know that it's possible to connect to the registry from another PC on the same network but when I try that I get an error asking me to make sure I have the right privileges to access the infected PC I'm logged onto an administrative account on this PC so I'm guessing the security issue is from the PC I can't log in to I have tried every solution I've come across but nothing seems to be working Any help would be great I'm guessing this is from a virus but I came home to this mess after my little brother told me he quot messed up the computer quot so I can't offer any information about what was done before this happened Thanks to anyone willing to help me out this is driving me insane

A:PC stuck in Login/Logoff loop

It may be possible to do so using RDP(Remote Desktop Connection). Its located in Start>Programs>Accessories and sometimes Comunication, but you need to know the computers IP Address to use it

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-stuck-in-login-logoff-loop-326891.html
Relevancy 73.96%

OK so the problem started when I was playing a game and it crashed on a loading screen I then could only boot into windows extremely slowly so I knew something was wrong Since then I have booted into safe mode and done a virus check and it found nothing I had then done a start up repair multiple times and for one reason or another the system would then reboot just as the login screen is loading I have recently de fragmented the drive externally and run a slow disk check which found nothing I've launched start up repair again which says it's unable to fix the problem and I can't boot into safe mode because it'll reboot I on stuck loop login just before 7 reboot Windows should also mention I was having problems with Windows 7 stuck on reboot loop just before login the drive a few weeks ago where I was getting different error messages Windows 7 stuck on reboot loop just before login before Windows 7 stuck on reboot loop just before login booting but I managed to sort that out If a solution can't be found it would be safe to say the drive is failing Here is the bsod when I disabled automatic rebooting along with the startup repair error STOP c e Security Accounts Manager initialization failed because of the following error A device attached to the system is not functioning presumably the hard drive Error Status xc Please click ok to shutdown this system and reboot into safe mode check the event log for more detailed information Problem event name startuprepairoffline problem event signature problem event signature problem event signature unknown problem event signature problem event signature autofailover problem event signature problem event signature corruptvolume specs intel dual core msi p neo mobo tb samsung HD gb ram XFX GTS Any help would be seriously appreciated

A:Windows 7 stuck on reboot loop just before login

hi there
can you get into windows to do a disk check ? please read brinks tutorial How to Run Disk Check in Windows 7 >>> Disk Check

another check to do is System File Checker tutorial How to Repair Windows 7 System Files with System File Checker >>> SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/177124-windows-7-stuck-reboot-loop-just-before-login.html
Relevancy 70.52%

running windows 10 version 1607,anyways windows did its regular update thing and when it was done now i cant login. i enter my password and its welcome and then just goes right back to the lock screen. please help. cant find anything relevant online so far. sony vaio pc.

A:cant login after recent windows update, stuck at login screen

Hi ! Did you create a system repair CD or a system recovery drive?? Here are the ways that you can recover. My first choice would be to restore to a time before the update with a restore point! Read this by HTG! How to Create and Use a Recovery Drive or System Repair Disc in Windows 8 or 10 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...covery-options
PS! Using a Recovery Drive or System Repair Disc
A recovery drive will normally not be necessary. If your computer fails to boot several times, Windows 8 or 10 will automatically bring up the advanced startup options, which allows you to troubleshoot and fix it.
If Windows can?t even bring up these tools, you?ll need the recovery drive, system repair disc, or a Windows 8 or 10 installation disc. Insert the recovery media into your computer and restart. Your computer should boot from the recovery media automatically. (If it doesn?t, you may need to change its boot order.)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441980-cant-login-after-recent-windows-update-stuck-login-screen.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Please trust me when I tell you that I have read researched and tried ALL of the options I have seen out there on Geekstogo and those I found here searching these terms I have found LOTS of answers good things to know but none of them successful I thank those that have taken their time to post what they have I have also found lots of dead ends on this issue Loop Solved: Login XP Screen Given that it seems to be a fairly common and as of Jan current issue I am really trying to dig deep to find a solution because I am sure as a Solved: XP Login Screen Loop computer technician that I am going to run into this more and more This is my nd in a month I just ended up formatting the last one --So thank you for any thing you are willing Solved: XP Login Screen Loop to offer regarding this The computer most certianly has or had viruses Hilota sp is one of them I found viruses by hooking up HD Solved: XP Login Screen Loop through USB adpater to another machine and running Vipre scan on it and MWB scans Of course I deleted them but you know how that goes with viruses My removals did not CAUSE the login symptoms because these were the symptoms presented to me with the computer The login loop I cannot get in through safe mode or last known I have tried the userinit exe thing it found it easily on the CD and copied overwrote the one in system No change in symptoms I have run chkdsk r Found and fixed but no change in symptoms What say you oh fellow technicians and computer hobbyists What is the answer to this conundrum I salute thee with The Answer Thank you so much for reviewing and perhaps answering this post I appreciate your time Don in Tucson The Virus Slayer nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

my work machine started acting up yesterday. even though i have it set to log in automatically, the log in screen started appearing suddenly when i boot. the only option is my regular account.

when i click it, the monitor (old crt) clicks off and on, like it's changing resolution. it goes blank for a second, then the login screen comes back up.

it takes some messing about, restarting, and lots of clicking, but eventually it logs in and i can work.

any thoughts? i'm baffled. and i'd rather not spend half the day reinstalling everything...

A:endless loop at login screen

Bad drive? May sound strange but I wouldn't be surprised.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/21440-endless-loop-login-screen.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello! I wonder if someone can help me? I recently installed SUMo updater. Unfortunately, since the last time I installed it, this program now seems to be bundled with spyware. In my haste to install the program I missed unticking relevant box and a program called Relevant Knowledge was installed too. Never mind I thought, I'll just uninstall it with the excellent 'Revo uninstaller', which I did. On rebooting my computer I found that I could not get passed the blue welcome screen. When clicking on my user account, instead of taking me to the desktop, I am returned to the user account page and this goes on in a never ending loop. I have search the web for others who may have overcome similar problems but it appears there are number of solutions and I don't know where to start. Please help?

Relevancy 65.79%

Hi I tried to install a wireless router last weekend and have subsequently caused a fault on my PC which now continually restarts when it reaches PC stuck loop screen logo restart XP at in the XP logo screen Not knowing what to do I Initially I PC stuck in restart loop at XP logo screen tried installing XP again on a different partition the E drive For info my hard drive is divided into three partitions PC stuck in restart loop at XP logo screen - C D amp E This E drive copy of XP boots and loads ok and allows me to access my photos and files but obviously none of the programs on the C drive original XP installation will load from E Having managed to obtain an XP boot disk I then tried using the Windows XP Recovery Console and have successfully run fixboot and fixmbr at the faulty C drive but the problem still remains I d be extremely grateful for any help fixing this problem my PC spec is as follows Maxdata Intel PentiumD Dual Core Intel Pentium D GHz MB DDR Memory GB SATA II Hard Drive RPM Windows XP Home Edition installed SP Thanks in advance for any assistance Mike PC stuck in restart loop at XP logo screen nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-stuck-in-restart-loop-at-xp-logo-screen.1045895/
Relevancy 65.79%

I let my sister borrow my laptop a few days ago. I tried to start it today and it's stuck in a loop, alternating between a black screen and the HP Logo. I asked her if she did anything and she claims to not have done anything to mess with it. I don't know what's going on, but I've tried the hard reset and whatnot and it hasn't worked. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I'd really appreciate some help here.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Stuck-in-an-HP-Logo-and-black-screen-loop/td-p/5707541
Relevancy 65.79%

Good Morning at least it was First time user here I have a Windows Pro desktop that this morning when I tried running anything on it clicking an icon it wouldn blue screen Now Loop - Boot Stuck in t do anything I finally decided that maybe it needed a reboot When I Stuck in Boot Loop - Now blue screen rebooted it started looping throught the boot cycle as it got to a blue screen Stuck in Boot Loop - Now blue screen it would reboot and continue this until I would finally turn pc off I did a google search on Windows XP boot loop and it brought me to a forum post on this website I saw that the person helping the person in need said to F on boot and select quot Disable Automatic Restarts on System Failure quot and give them the error I did this too and got the following error STOP c a Fatal System Error The windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of xc x x The system has been shut down I tried to then boot into Safe mode but it starts the boot loop again I have laptop that I am using now to enter this so I have access to another computer Any help would be greatly apreciated

A:Stuck in Boot Loop - Now blue screen

Try this please. You will need a USB drive.Download http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/unetbootin-xpud-windows-latest.exe & http://noahdfear.net/downloads/bootable/xPUD/xpud-0.9.2.iso to the desktop of your clean computerInsert your USB drivePress Start > My Computer > right click your USB drive > choose Format > Quick formatDouble click the unetbootin-xpud-windows-387.exe that you just downloadedPress Run then OKSelect the DiskImage option then click the browse button located on the right side of the textbox field.Browse to and select the xpud-0.9.2.iso file you downloadedVerify the correct drive letter is selected for your USB device then click OKIt will install a little bootable OS on your USB deviceOnce the files have been written to the device you will be prompted to reboot ~ do not reboot and instead just Exit the UNetbootin interfaceAfter it has completed do not choose to reboot the clean computer simply close the installerNext download http://noahdfear.net/downloads/driver.sh to your USBRemove the USB and insert it in the sick computerBoot the Sick computerPress F12 and choose to boot from the USBFollow the promptsA Welcome to xPUD screen will appearPress FileExpand mntsda1,2...usually corresponds to your HDDsdb1 is likely your USBClick on the folder that represents your USB drive (sdb1 ?)Confirm that you see driver.sh that you downloaded therePress Tool at the topChoose Open TerminalType bash driver.sh -fPress EnterYou will be prompted to input a filename.Type the following:
winlogon.exePress EnterIf succesful, the script will search this file.Repeat the process for this file: explorer.exe.After it has finished a report will be located in the USB drive as filefind.txtPlease note - all text entries are case sensitiveCopy and paste the filefind.txt for my review

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/367887/stuck-in-boot-loop-now-blue-screen/
Relevancy 64.93%

Left my surface pro2 on overnight and woke up to find the above screen with the following optionsTrusted Platform Module(TPM)       [Enabled]Secure boot Control                      [Enabled]Install Default Secure Boot KeyDelete All Secure Boot KeyExit SetupNo matter what I do, when I exit setup, it closes down only to boot to this screen.Any ideas what I can do please

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,158893.0.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi there,
Yesterday I was watching a video on my laptop when a terrible grinding noise, like a disk stuck in a drive, started blasting out and the computer froze. It was a terrible sound so I unplugged the laptop.
Now, when I turn it on I am taken through the start up repair but none of the restore options or diagnostic scans work. I am just brought back here when the laptop resets. If I try to boot in safe mode or via a usb the laptop blue screens.
I can boot asus express cloud but when I try to open the OS from there it blue screens too.
I am looking for a way to get back into my computer. Any help is much appreciated.
I am using an ASUS 64 bit laptop that runs windows 7. If any further information is needed please let me know. Thanks in advance.

A:stuck in blue screen/start up repair loop

It appears like your OS malfunctioned. Try installing another bootable OS immediately the blue screen appears. I recommend a  different version of OS from the one you are using.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/610307/stuck-in-blue-screenstart-up-repair-loop/
Relevancy 64.93%

So recently my PC wouldn't boot into my hard drive and I didn't have a USB lying around so I can clean install it it was hanging and freezing at the bios loading screen and everything I finally was able to boot into System Recovery using F and it started to do the automatically repairing your pc then it was in an Loop Windows Screen [Help] Repair Automatic 8.1 on Stuck infinite loop of a screen where it basically says my BIOS the version then checking memory then [Help] Stuck on Windows 8.1 Automatic Repair Loop Screen CPU It was an infinite loop like I said and now whenever I boot my PC up it's stuck on that screen it freezes right on the spot where it was checking what processor I have I will post my [Help] Stuck on Windows 8.1 Automatic Repair Loop Screen specs considering it's a big help for troubleshooting - not a fan of opening my PC and removing things - Specs - OS - Windows PRO MEMORY - GB BIOS - Phoenix AwardBios v yeah it's quite old CPU - AMD Athlon x Series cores HDD [Help] Stuck on Windows 8.1 Automatic Repair Loop Screen - Maxtor GB I believe don't know the exact model --- I decided to look around on the internet but it's people saying your computer fried and random bull anyway thanks hope I can fix this issue soon sucks too because I just bought WoW I don't care if all the information on the HDD gets wiped I just want my computer to be working again Cheers

A:[Help] Stuck on Windows 8.1 Automatic Repair Loop Screen

To me it sounds like you have a hardware issue or a BIOS issue. Can you get into your BIOS by pressing F2, Del, F9, F10, or F11? (Not sure what it would be for you. It varies between BIOS manufacturers and models). Im going to lean towards hardware and say its a RAM issue. Probably a bad DIMM. If you have access to another computer, download MemTest86 and burn that to a disk and boot from it and let it test your RAM to see if it errors out at all.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/70389-help-stuck-windows-8-1-automatic-repair-loop-screen.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi

My mum is having a nightmare with her computer. She initially had Vista on it then started getting error messages followed by a blue screen, she took it for repair and the guy also put XP and AVG on it. She previously had Norton on. I have been and set up her internet and email etc and as soon as we went on the internet it froze. We got an error message mentionining avgdump.exe shortly followed by a blue screen saying Windows was shutting down to prevent further damage to your computer - unfortunately the screen only stays on for 2 seconds then the computer reboots displays the blue screen again for 2 seconds then shuts down again and so on. I think the error code was 0x80000008e - as I say its not on long enough to check properly. Any ideas as my polite non swearing mother has now started swearing!

Thanks in anticipation

A:Blue Screen and Windows stuck on shut down loop

On boot up press F8 to get to the startup options screen before windows begins to load. Then go to disable automatic restart on system failure and press enter.

Next time you get a BSOD error, the system wont restart automatically, so you can jot down the error codes and any drivers mentioned.

You can also try to boot in safe mode from this menu to see if you still get the error message.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-and-windows-stuck-on-shut-down-loop-415446.html
Relevancy 64.93%

What a mess I feel like a complete idiot because i didn't save a backup outside my boot drive So my computer suddenly started performing very slowly in every aspect I go to task manager to see what's up I click on processes and It has several instances of iexplorer exe running using loop w7 reboot reinstall to after in screen, trying a Stuck blue A LOT of resources I then download hitmanpro to get rid of it I run the scan and it tells me what's on the computer that's bad several trojans some ransomware So when the scan is finished i tell hitmanpro to delete it then it says quot preparing malicious software for removal searching for repair file for something in system that was a dll can't remember the exact name Then it blue screens on me and now it only boots up to gateway recovery service I tell it to reinstall windows and keep my files on a backup Now when i boot it up it says quot Windows could not complete the installation To install Windows on this computer restart the installation quot Now i'm stuck in this loop I cannot afford to lose my files I apologize if this is not enough information I am not the most tech savvy person Let me know if you need any other info

A:Stuck in a reboot loop after blue screen, trying to reinstall w7

Do you want to recover your files and then re install windows ?

Let us know exactly how you want to proceed

Here are some tutorials to look over.

Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

You could try option #2 in this tutorial.

System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/339655-stuck-reboot-loop-after-blue-screen-trying-reinstall-w7.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I remember my password, but for some reason it says it's incorrect. I also cannnot enter Safe Mode properly. Please help

A:I'm stuck at the login screen.

Are you trying to login to safe mode with the account named Administrator?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/im-stuck-at-the-login-screen.483941/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi I've Got Win bit running on my new comp It's a clean installation only games and a Antivirus Bitdefender installed system is up to date Bios and graph card are up to date up since a week or Everything worked fine till yesterday After playing I shutted down my computer but later in the evening I wanted to check something on the internet and he stucked on the logonscreen He's says my PwD is wrong but I'm sure it is not I check if the Keyboard wasn't in an other language but he doesn't tried through the utilman to type my pwd but that doesn't respond neither does the shutdownbutton login on Stuck screen. reboot or hibernate doesn't respond also What didn't work - Hard reboot and reset Stuck on login screen. - Reboot without additionnal drives only mouse and keyboard - Tried the Stuck on login screen. 'utilman workaround' - When i go into safe mode automaticaly he's trying to repair I cant pass through that he finds something on the 'ntoskernel exe' repairs it and reboots - With the Win DvD I can access a cmd prompt but I can't acces my C drive strangly i find my configuration on a 'D' Drive - I haven't a restore Point neither an image Before I reinstall and that would be my very last option because I want to know the cause of it so i can try to solve it do you have any other ideas Config Asus P P D I CPU Radeon HD G skill Falcon II Go SSD GB Corsair TR X G C D Thx for your help

A:Stuck on login screen.

Welcome!

First, just confirm that your caps lock key is off.

You can also try changing your password via this method: User Account Password - Change from WinRE

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/73014-stuck-login-screen.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Two days ago my computer started laggin really bad so I ran a virus scan(we have 5 teenage boys that download games ALOT). In the middle of the scan the computer locks up. I rebooted in safe mode but it will not get past the log in screen. It starts loading....blinks the safe mode black and white screen and then goes to the windows login screen. If you try to log in it says it is "loading your settings" then states "saving your settings" and will not advance past that. When I try to reboot it just does the same thing. It will not let me into the safe mode or out of safe mode. How do I get past this to fix it.....

A:Stuck at login screen

On boot, where you hit F8 to access Safe Mode (Assuming you did and the machine didn't do that for you!) - Hit the F8 key and select "Last Known Good Configuration"

Try that and Post back your results!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stuck-at-login-screen-364003.html
Relevancy 64.5%

hy everyone, i just joined this forum in case you could help me with my problem in windows 7. i had this issue about 2 days ago, had been searching and browsing for solutions but nothing worked. here is may problem :

my windows keeps rolling back to login screen everytime i enter my account. i tried to boot from safe mode using the same account and it worked, activated Administrator account using command prompt (net users administrator \active:yes), went to "msconfig" and choosed selective start up and services. back to normal boot, the problem happened again and again. i logged in using administrator account but some of my program didn't work well (especially the latest CX-One V.9.1 Omron PLC programmer, i got this one way install full version from the distributor)

please help me activate my original account

best regards
boysandra

A:stuck on login screen

Hello boysandra, and welcome to Seven Forums.

You might see if doing a system restore at boot using a restore point (if available) dated before this happened may be able to fix this for you without having to do anything else.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/296978-stuck-login-screen.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hopefully this will be a super easy fix.

I just bought a hp mini 311 netbook. The user login screen shows only one icon for a user account. Even though that account always had the word "locked" under it, it would always open up when clicked on. Now it will not. I've had the computer only about a day now.

So I'm stuck at the login screen. Is there a way to create a new account from this screen? Other thoughts.

Thanks,
Ryan.

A:Stuck at login screen.

Hello Ryan !! Welcome to Seven Forums !!

Follow this link Safe Mode and log on to the Safe Mode there you might find an Administrator account.Login to that account and create a new Administrator. Then reboot the System normally.

Hope this helps,
Captain

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/91782-stuck-login-screen.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Okay, so yesterday I added a login password to the main (and only) user account. This was because while I was in the shower, I had a Adaware scan running and didn't want anyone to mess with the comp. So, the computer was locked at the login screen.

After I got out, I logged back in and removed this password. I also removed the welcome screen option at the Control Panel. For the rest of the day, I did the usual browsing and listening to music. However, when I woke up today, the computer was stuck at the login screen.

... I have no clue what happened and what to do. I tried re-entering the password from yesterday, but to no avail. All of my family members have said nobody has touched the computer.

Is there any way I can override this login screen? Thanks

Relevancy 64.5%

My mother is a JROTC teacher and the Army sent new laptops to all instructors. The laptop keeps locking up and not taking the password they gave us to use. How do I get in to use the laptop?

A:stuck on the login screen

Welcome to TSF

Unfortunately for you, the forum does not assist in bypassing passwords. Please contact the Army for assistance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stuck-on-the-login-screen-502954.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi,
My computer is stuck at the loading screen. The bars keep passing but doesnt go anywhere. The other problem I have is that when i boot in safe mode it gets stuck on \windows\system32\drivers\crcdisk.sys .
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Feature Specification
Processor Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E6300 (dual core) 64-bit processor

* Each core operates at 1.86 GHz
* 1066 MHz front side bus
* Shared 2 MB L2 cache

# Memory Installed: 1024 MB DDR2 (PC4200), 533 MHz memory (two 512 MB modules)

Hard Drive 250 GB, 7200 RPM, Serial ATA II hard drive with 8 MB cache
i only have 1 HDD

A:Windows vista stuck on loading screen loop with bars =(

If you have a Vista install disc, boot with that and run the start up repair.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-stuck-on-loading-screen-loop-with-bars.846063/
Relevancy 64.07%

Folk s I know other people have experienced the same problem as I have and seemed to have solved the problem I have had no such luck I followed the instructions on some of the other mails as best I could I ll set the scene with my Laptop it is a Dell inspiron which had XP loaded on it I then updated it to Vista Ultimate it was running fine until the download took place last week The laptop has a Pentium M processor and mb installed memory That is really as much as I can tell you about the machine The download took place and I was unaware until the next day I have no laptop and nearly a years worth of work has been trapped I switched it back and noticed it had gone into this loop of telling me quot updates were not configured properly reverting changes do not turn off your computer quot and then it will shut down and re-start it self I created the can't blue in stuck get loop, Laptop never past I screen a ending a recovery disk tried to boot from the DVD drive but no luck Still Laptop stuck in a never ending loop, I can't get past the blue screen in the loop and I have no idea what to do next I m really at the end Laptop stuck in a never ending loop, I can't get past the blue screen of my rope as all my course notes are on it and I can t get access to them I now have a lump of plastic and metal that I can no longer use Appreciate any help Thank you Brazz nbsp

A:Laptop stuck in a never ending loop, I can't get past the blue screen

you could try booting into safe mode Tap F8 as it boots
you should get a menu on the screen

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-stuck-in-a-never-ending-loop-i-cant-get-past-the-blue-screen.762754/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hey guys, I am hoping you can help me. Last night I was watching a dvd on my desktop when all of a sudden a blue screen came up with a frowning face and said that "Your computer ran into a problem and needs to restart, its collecting info and will restart." It happened quickly so I didn't see what the error was but now my PC is stuck in a loop where it restarts and loads into an empty blue screen. It stays on that blue screen for a minute or so and then restarts again. I tried going into my BIOS or starting in safe mode but my PC won't go into them. Can I fix this?

A:Windows 10 crashed and now stuck in restart loop with a blue screen

Originally Posted by Vagahan

Hey guys, I am hoping you can help me. Last night I was watching a dvd on my desktop when all of a sudden a blue screen came up with a frowning face and said that "Your computer ran into a problem and needs to restart, its collecting info and will restart." It happened quickly so I didn't see what the error was but now my PC is stuck in a loop where it restarts and loads into an empty blue screen. It stays on that blue screen for a minute or so and then restarts again. I tried going into my BIOS or starting in safe mode but my PC won't go into them. Can I fix this?

if you can create a windows 10 boot USB pen it might help, would need to do from another PC or a friend, make sure you chose the same version use windows media creator to download and install windows 10
to a USB pen, then boot from this and choose repair....option in bottom left of screen after entering language etc.....it also has option to go back to a previous restore point if you have set one....

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/15299-windows-10-crashed-now-stuck-restart-loop-blue-screen.html
Relevancy 63.64%

It loads up normally, my avatar pops up with my name, I insert my password..

'Welcome *blue circle*'
*5-10 minutes later*
Desktop appears.

I have no idea whats causing it though it started after I had to shut-down my computer using the power button.

I've checked Event Viewer and these are the 5 errors that came up while stuck on the Welcome Screen.

-The AVG Free8 E-mail Scanner service hung on starting
-A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the ShellHWDetection service.
-The event logging service encountered an error (res=1117) while initializing logging resources for channel Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-WHEA.
-Unable to initialize the security package Kerberos for server side authentication. The data field contains the error number.
-Audit events have been dropped by the transport. The real time backup file was corrupt due to improper shutdown. (the first error and the cause perhaps?)

any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

A:Stuck on 'Welcome' screen for at least 5 minutes before login.

For starters I would uninstall AVG Free8 .

But download one of the other free AV programs so you can install when you get your machine cleaned up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-on-welcome-screen-for-at-least-5-minutes-before-login.836312/
Relevancy 63.64%

I have tried to help a friend with their laptop. It starts up fine, but once u get to the login screen and click on the user, it says loggin on, then goes to saving settings then logging off. Brings u right back to the login screen.

I have tried safe mode, networking, every thing listed. Nothing. I have even tried to reboot from the start up disk. Won't do it. Keeps going to the login screen. What am I missing? please help. He is working on a Dell Ispirion 9300. XP. thank you

Relevancy 63.64%

Hi.

For several weeks I have been trying to solve a problem on a family members desktop computer.

The scenario is as follows:

User clicks on their profile and their custom background appears. From here, the taskbar and desktop icons do not appear automatically and the user must open task manager and manually launch the process 'explorer.exe' to force the desktop to appear correctly.

The problem occurs with all the profiles on the computer and there is nothing in the event log to suggest that there is a problem.

Could someone help me out?

A:Windows stuck at login screen

Check the Shell value for Winlogon in your registry. Under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
should show:

Shell REG_SZ explorer.exe

Or download this tool: http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/XP_FixLogon.zip
This utility checks for the correct GINA value in the Registry and will allow you to restore it, if its incorrect.

By the way, this is usually a sign of Virus\Malware infection
You are therefore advised to go here, and complete all steps:
Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-stuck-at-login-screen.114251/
Relevancy 63.64%

Sorry to disturb.

May I know what the problem during the time I'm trying to install Windows 7 and it just stuck at the login screen background without any changed after 30 minutes?

I have try to adjust the BIOS to Native IDE, RAID and ACHI. But nothing was changed.

I still could find any solution after I reading some of the thread.

Hopefully I could get any solution here.

A:Stuck during login screen background

Where did you get Win7? If you burned the DVD yourself, burn another at 4x speed using ImgBurn.

Try install from a USB flash stick. Best method is to install UltraISO trial, on File tab open ISO, on Bootable tab write Disk Image, Format, Write.

Unnplug all other HD's and peripherals. Boot DVD, wipe the target HD: SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation

Then choose Custom Install, use Drive Options to partition and format before install.

If further fails, test your RAM using memtest86 CD for 5-6 passes. Then test your HD using maker's diag/repair full CD scan: Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.

Check for latest BIOS version update. If current, reset the CMOS: Clear CMOS - 3 Ways to Clear the CMOS - Reset BIOS

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/131850-stuck-during-login-screen-background.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I ve been running Windows XP SP for Stuck User screen at Login years Stuck at User Login screen Went back to school and I m taking Japanese When I installed activated the Japanese fonts it asked me to restart the computer I did so and now where previously I would go directly to the desktop I am taken to the User Login screen When I click on my name it moves for a moment and says that it s loading my preferences Then the icon snaps back to its original spot and does nothing If I click it again the exact same thing happens If I try to login in safe mode it does the same thing except I also get the administrator login icon Anyone have any idea why this is doing this and or if there s anything I can do short of reinstalling that will help In looking around the internet I have found two instances where someone has had this same problem but no luck on solutions Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Stuck at User Login screen

When you log into the administrator account, does the same thing happen?

Also, do you have any of the following:
-Windows XP CD
-Recovery CD
-Recovery Partition

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-at-user-login-screen.1071722/
Relevancy 63.64%

My brand new Acer Aspire E15 was doing fine, but after a windows update the keyboard stopped working (Error number -19). I could login normally by using the on-screen keyboard. But the keyboard didn't work either when booted into windows, it was very annoying to use the on-screen keyboard all the time, so I wanted to fix the problem, to fix the keyboard error I decided to boot into safe mode. But now my trackpad stopped working too! Which means I can't select the on-screen keyboard at the login screen to type my password, and I can't type my password with the keyboard. I'm stuck at the login screen now, how can I fix this login problem and my keyboard problem? I don't have a recovery CD / USB and I can't make one because I don't have a CD / DVD right now. I'm typing this from my macbook.

A:Stuck at login screen Windows 8.1

Nevermind, I got it working by pressing Alt + F10 on startup and then refreshing the pc.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/68426-stuck-login-screen-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi guys, sometimes I encounter this problem where I'm stuck on the login screen. It has only happened only after periods of inactivity, never at startup. My laptop also never sleeps, as it just turns off the monitor and gets locked. I would type my password and press enter and the loop thing would just keep on looping. I have to turn off the power button to restart it. Can anyone help? Thanks.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/56286-windows-8-1-stuck-login-screen.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I have no idea what is wrong with my computer Here is the problem I am using Windows XP Last night i used Norton Antivirus and did a full system scan it came up with no viruses This morning i turned on my computer used AIM AOL Instant Messanger computer in loop: then restarts!!! My turn and is stuck screen, bluescreen, a on,boot and talked to no one Next I started to play Battlefield offline As I My computer is stuck in a loop: turn on,boot screen, bluescreen, and then restarts!!! am playing the game freezes and simultaniously makes a noise this noise was not a beep it was like internal parts or something I waited and the game started to work again about seconds later the same thing happened it freezing and making the noise but this time it did not start working again it stayed frozen So I hit the restart button on the outside of my computer and as its restarting it brings me to a screen that asks My computer is stuck in a loop: turn on,boot screen, bluescreen, and then restarts!!! me how My computer is stuck in a loop: turn on,boot screen, bluescreen, and then restarts!!! i would like to start the computer safe mode last good known configuration start windows normally etc After I have selected my choice the windows xp loading window comes up for about enough time for the loading bar to scroll across twice For a split second a BLUE SCREEN then comes up and goes away No matter what options I choose safe mode last best known configuration or start windows normally etc it will always try to load go to blue screen and start all over again If anything needs to be clarified plese let me know and i will clarify it Please can someone help me it would be greatly appriciated nbsp

A:My computer is stuck in a loop: turn on,boot screen, bluescreen, and then restarts!!!

The noise you heard may be an indication of an impending hard drive failure.
If you here clicking sounds coming from your hard drive it's about to go.
Hope you had your important data backed up.

The constant boot loop may be fixable. I'm not advocating this fix just pointing it
out to you.
May someone else will come along with another solution.
Read this...look for
Windows XP Logon Screen Does not Appear and the Computer Continuously Restarts (error) !
http://www.winxpfix.com/page18.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-is-stuck-in-a-loop-turn-on-boot-screen-bluescreen-and-then-restarts.262036/
Relevancy 63.64%

When the Dell Inspiron 531 is powered on the splash screen displays and then it goes to auto detect entering power save and then goes into a splash screen- auto detect loop and will not boot into Windows 7. Any suggestions how to solve this?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dell-inspiron-531-stuck-at-the-splash-screen-auto-detect-loop-1150321.html
Relevancy 63.64%

When the Dell Inspiron 531 is powered on the splash screen displays and then it goes to auto detect entering power save and it goes into a splash screen- auto detect loop and will not boot into Windows 7. Any suggestions how to solve this?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19987845
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello My hubby was surfing the internet when it suddenly restarted itself and went to a blue screen of death then it went to the black screen that gave options to boot up in safe mode safe mode with networking safe mode with command prompt last known good configuration and start windows normally No matter which you select it goes to then stuck restarts!!! bluescreen, on,boot loop: turn computer screen, in My a is and windows icon and restarts again going to the blue screen A problem has My computer is stuck in a loop: turn on,boot screen, bluescreen, and then restarts!!! been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer If this is the first time you ve seen this stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Disable or uninstall any anti-virus disk defragmentation or back up utilities Check your hard drive configuration and check for updated drivers Run CHKDS F to check for hard drive corruption and then restart your computer Technical information Stop x x x FC E xc x The only other thing I can do is go to the First Bios set up utility I went to tools and checked the Hard drive it passed all three tests So I know this much its not my hard drive Other then that I can do nothing else with the computer I even tried changing the order of booting but its stuck on hard drive it won t let me choose the other options So I have a feeling that even if I find my Hard reboot cd s it won t work I have a terrible feeling that I am going to have to look for the CD s to perform a hard reboot and loose everything on the computer I don t know what else to do the error gives me numbers no other indication Does anyone know or have ideas as to what this may be and if it warrants that I will have to get another computer My laptop is years old now so in the world of technology its a dinosaur I cross my fingers for any help you guys may be able to give me Thank you in advance I truely appriciate it Ingry nbsp

A:My computer is stuck in a loop: turn on,boot screen, bluescreen, and then restarts!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-is-stuck-in-a-loop-turn-on-boot-screen-bluescreen-and-then-restarts.1006601/
Relevancy 63.21%

Topic pretty much sums it up I cannot boot this laptop in normal safemode last known good all modes screen no - cursor black - white Reboot loop login window, config etc etc Startup repair cannot fix it Chkdsk originally found some errors but did not fix the problem ran multiple times Original problem was a BSOD so I usb'd the hard drive to another pc and checked Reboot loop - all modes - black screen no login window, white cursor for virus's startup programs etc and found nothing peculiar Only problem I noticed is there was no SOFTWARE file in the system config folder at all just the log etc for them but no actual hive So I moved all the Reboot loop - all modes - black screen no login window, white cursor hives to a old folder and copied over the ones from the backup folder april dates also loaded them up to inspect for malicious issues with none found Now the BSOD does not occur anymore but I get the starting windows screen then it goes black then a white cursor appears that is moveable then it instantly dims and about seconds later the cursor freezes and it auto restarts Happens with safe mode last known good configuration disable automatic restart etc explorer exe to is listed as the shell within the registry and it is located in the filesystem I cannot do an inplace upgrade since windows is unbootable and I would like to not format and do a clean install thus looking for assistance if anyone has seen this before This is Win Home Prem x Thanks

A:Reboot loop - all modes - black screen no login window, white cursor

Hi, Did you consider that the issue might be a hardware problem initially?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515058/reboot-loop-all-modes-black-screen-no-login-window-white-cursor/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hey there new here and need some help Here's what happened I Stuck screen, password disappears at login opened internet explorer and typed in a google search and hit enter and it popped up a new instance of iexplorer instead of just searching in the current window as usual Then links I clicked on opened Stuck at login screen, password disappears new windows which is not Stuck at login screen, password disappears the usual setting When I clicked in the middle of text on a web page it would highlight everything Strange little things like that So I clicked start gt Turn Off gt Restart and nothing happened it just went back to the desktop Pushed the Windows key and it wouldn't open the start menu Finally I had to do a hard shut-off I waited a minute and booted the computer back up when it stopped at the login password screen as usual I typed the password and hit the Enter key and it just deleted the password and stayed on the page So I retyped it and clicked with the mouse on the green arrow button with the same result Laptop built in mouse button did the same thing Eventually it just froze entirely and I could not even type in the password box Also the little help icon on this screen would not bring anything up it's like all the keys got remapped to different functions The only recent updates were the automatic Windows updates upon shutdown earlier today and the comp worked fine after booting up after that the first time Any thoughts I'm on a Dell laptop with XP Home Thanks EDIT I hard shut down the comp again and let it sit for about min Booted back up and it's functioning normally I'm still afraid it will happen again though so any input will be appreciated

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stuck-at-login-screen-password-disappears-258719.html
Relevancy 62.78%

dear bleeping computer how are you guys here's my story why i need help so my uncle asked me to repair his very slow acer laptop so i said why not i got it directly got to ssafe mode caus it was very slow downloaded malwarebytes anti-malware ran a scan and it found threads it took long enough to delete maybe threads and then it shut down because keyboard & mouse login screen stuck on the charger didnt get electricity then i restarted in safe mode ran the scan again and found threads between or in numbers it took hours to quarantine them fell asleep and in the morning the safe mode worked fine so i geussed why not go to normal mode when all the threads where removed did that mouse & keyboard stuck on login screen and till now mouse amp keyboard freezes when starting up and seeing the cursor it gets mouse & keyboard stuck on login screen stuck at login where you have to so i cant login or go to explorer to do anything please i need help i dont got any backup cd's orso because he lost everything and its an old pc i'll try to upgrade it to window maybe after it's repaired hope there is help regards Daniel

A:mouse & keyboard stuck on login screen

try an external mouse and keyboard with USB,

if you dont have anything on it that you need backed up or saved, i would create a bootable vista install CD or usb drive and re-install vista using your current productkey/id

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582822/mouse-keyboard-stuck-on-login-screen/
Relevancy 62.78%

My son bought his first laptop (with his own earned money)  1 1/2 years ago.  a few months ago it began running really slow and then eventually wouldn't boot up.  we ended up doing a factory reset.  Fast forward a couple months and we are having the sam issues and now it gets stuck on the login page.  I have ran the sysem extensive test and

I ran the test and everything passes.  Please advice us what we can do next.  sooo disappointed!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Pavilion-getting-stuck-on-welcom-Login-screen/td-p/5616607
Relevancy 62.78%

I had a problem yesterday where I couldn't log in to my account on Windows but my wife's account worked fine I noticed that the computer had poor performance when on her stuck Welcome Windows on alternative fix screen an login after 7 - account I ran MBAM and everything came back clean I tried both accounts in safe mode and had the same behavior Then I remembered that the night before the computer froze Windows 7 stuck on Welcome screen after login - an alternative fix up for about minutes then started working again I decided to restart it that night because I have a memory leak somewhere and I thought that it might have caused the crash Windows 7 stuck on Welcome screen after login - an alternative fix I never logged back in that night after the restart When I tried it the next morning I got the behavior above I went through the steps for this problem to run sfc scannow which always stopped at before I got an error that it couldn't complete I was still having problems with the performance too Everything would go fine for a few minutes then it would be excruciatingly slow for a while I remembered when I had performance issues like this before and it was when my hard drive was going out several years ago My current hard drive is not a year old yet so I didn't think that was happening I decided to run a chkdsk to make sure though While the first chkdsk was clean I decided to schedule the chkdsk r with the GUI not the cmd on startup The scan found that ntuser dat and a couple other files had bad sectors and moved them I left it all night to finish checking free disk space When I tried this morning I was able to login and the performance was back to normal It looks like in my case the ntuser dat was corrupted or affected in some way by the bad sector While this may not always be the case it could be the cause of some of the more difficult to fix instances of this problem

A:Windows 7 stuck on Welcome screen after login - an alternative fix

FWIW:  Programs/files don't "have" bad sectors...they lie on bad sectors, which are part of the hard drive/partition.  If the files are on bad sectors, then Windows may have difficulty reading such and using such files.

The chkdsk /r command is the only tool that I know of which can attempt to move files on bad sectors to good sectors.  It is not necessarily successful at any of these attempts.

Bad sectors increasing on hard drives can be an indicator of a failing/problematical hard drive.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/564866/windows-7-stuck-on-welcome-screen-after-login-an-alternative-fix/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi all I've been using seven bit version for quite a while now 7077 Build login stuck @ screen! on my laptop MSI GX PX - amd turion x ati hd MB GB gigs of ram The first installation did the problem mentioned in the title of the topic after i installed Kerio personal firewall - i didn't know what to do so i just reinstalled windows But now it happened again The comp was running for days i turned it off around am then turned it on at am - for the first time i could login and i even see the taskbar and the background but the icons never showed i couldn't click anything on the taskbar either ctrl alt del did nothing so i had to restart it manually The login screen showed up i entered my password but it never made it to the desktop it just got stuck like that the HDD wasn't spinning or anything Build 7077 stuck @ login screen! - restart - in safe mode it boots up normally so i uninstalled a few recently installed Build 7077 stuck @ login screen! programs mkvtoolnix and alike but after restarting it got stuck at Build 7077 stuck @ login screen! the login screen again Now normally i would just reinstall windows but after two months it has too many programs - lot of time to install them again So i thought i'll ask here for help The notebook has XP as it's main OS seven is installed on a virtual harddrive gigs Thank's for any kind of help in advance

A:Build 7077 stuck @ login screen!

Hi there
I can't give you a reason as to the error but this might work.

Try starting Windows in SAFE MODE as you've done but disable Networking and then shutting down. This should clear out any "Stuck" services. Switch off Firewall and uninstall any AV software whilst in SAFE MODE.

Incidentally while you are logged on in save mode see what starts automatically and stop those you don't need -- there are posts around suggesting what you can stop running automatically.

When you try again in "Normal mode" start DISCONNECTED from any network and switch your wireless card off.

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/7559-build-7077-stuck-login-screen.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello So here's my issue I started my computer and came back to find a BSOD It displayed an error code and mentioned something about a driver error I waited until the loading reached but it didn't restart on its own so i shut the computer down manually by holding the power button on my case Then it booted up but it got stuck on Stuck at before screen spinning login circle the spinning circle of dots Stuck at spinning circle before login screen I have been able to press CTRL ALT DEL while at the spinning circle which bring me to the login screen but without the box to enter my pin however I am able to access the network ease of access and power options I have tried restarting shutting down and holding shift while restarting in an effort to boot with safe mode but none have gotten me farther than the spinning circle I have searched a lot of forums and many have had similar issues to mine but none of the fixes that were suggested got me anywhere Attached are photos of the different screens I'm seeing which hopefully shed some light on the issue I'm having Thanks

A:Stuck at spinning circle before login screen

Hello and welcome to TenForums

How long did you wait for the spinning circles to complete whatever background tasks were going on? Sometimes it can take a long while if the problem happened when Windows was in the middle of an upgrade when it restarted. Next time just go and have a cup of tea and leave it for say 30 mins.

If that does not work you are going to have to boot from a W10 installation media disk or USB and go into advanced startup options to try and refresh windows.

USB Flash Drive - Create to Install Windows 10

Refresh Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/41324-stuck-spinning-circle-before-login-screen.html
Relevancy 62.35%

My HP Pavilion laptop is not completely frozen My touchpad works as do some of the function keys like laptop login screen on stuck HP new brand My Pavilion the is mute and light darken screen plus the up arrow so I can see the background desktop lock screen with pretty picture time date and battery status The problem is the quot Sign in quot and the power restart shut down hibernate etc option thing are quot darkened quot you know that thing the computer does when things are not available when features menu items are not current options It s like my laptop is stuck in shut down but won t actually shut down or restart And as a computer is shutting down you lose features and can t do much if anything with it This has happened a couple times before during updates Both times I unplugged it waited for the power to drain plugged it back in and it started as normal no problem No such luck this time I have heard of similar problems in support forums but most of that was upgrading from to so I doubt they can help me My brand new HP Pavilion laptop is stuck on the login screen I have an HP Pavilion th Gen Intel Core i Processor with Windows Home GB memory Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:My brand new HP Pavilion laptop is stuck on the login screen

holding down the power button for 20 seconds until it switched off worked. it just restarted like normal.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-brand-new-hp-pavilion-laptop-is-stuck-on-the-login-screen.1171219/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello I am having issues with the no Welcome Issues, prompt screen, password Login stuck computer I built for my grandparents http speccy piriform com results BdOHfoWmZDbDeWQUSFD LWv I will turn on the computer reach the user Login Issues, stuck Welcome screen, no password prompt login screen There are users to pick from It usually doesn t matter which I pick Sometimes this issue will occur sometimes it won t There are different variations of the issue I will click on a user to login to but no password prompt will appear just the mouse and the blue flowery looking background is present I will be able to input a password but the desktop fails to load and all that is present is the mouse and the spinning circle with Welcome next to it The only way I get out of either issue is to do a manual shutdown Sometimes I can login without and issue I ve Login Issues, stuck Welcome screen, no password prompt found booting into Safe mode rebooting from safe mode then attempting to login allows me to login but I have no idea Login Issues, stuck Welcome screen, no password prompt whether or not Safe mode has anything to do with it I hope you guys can shed some light on my situation Thank You Update I have ran Memtest for a pass and a half and received no errors I ve also attempted to do a system repair and sfc scannow https www dropbox com s pa zzruxo mk s sfcdetails txt nbsp

A:Login Issues, stuck Welcome screen, no password prompt

Memtest needs to be run for at least 8 passes to be any where near conclusive.

I can see in the Speccy report you only have 4GB or Ram and it is all in the same slot so it will only be running on a single channel, performance should improve if you put another matched RAM stick in the other channel so it will then run as dual channel.

The Speccy report also shows every voltage, including the CMOS battery, as being a long way off from what it should be. I do suspect this is a misreading as the system would be unlikely to run at all if these readings are correct. I would check the reported voltages in the bios and post them back here.

Finally the SFC scan results show a problem with the TVEncDec manifest which is corrupted. The best way to fix this is to run a Repair Install: Windows 7 Repair Install

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/login-issues-stuck-welcome-screen-no-password-prompt.1113958/
Relevancy 62.35%

My HP Pavilion laptop is brand stuck HP new screen is Pavilion laptop My on the login not completely frozen My My brand new HP Pavilion laptop is stuck on the login screen touchpad works as do some of the function keys like My brand new HP Pavilion laptop is stuck on the login screen mute and light darken screen plus the up arrow so I can see the background desktop lock screen with pretty picture time date and battery status nbsp The My brand new HP Pavilion laptop is stuck on the login screen problem is the Sign in and the power restart shut down hibernate etc option thing are darkened you know that thing the computer does when things are not available when features menu items are not current options It's like my laptop is stuck in shut down but won't actually shut down or restart And as a computer is shutting down you lose features and can't do much if anything with it This has happened a couple times before during updates Both times I unplugged it waited for the power to drain plugged it back in and it started as normal no problem No such luck this time nbsp I have heard of similar problems in support forums but most of that was upgrading from to so I doubt they can help me I have an HP Pavilion th Gen Intel Core i Processor with Windows Home GB memory Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/My-brand-new-HP-Pavilion-laptop-is-stuck-on-the-login-screen/td-p/5617883
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi peeps Stuck Help before Windows on 8.1 Gray Screen page login I need some help I've read a lot of posts and not found any for my issue Most are stuck with flickering cursor I don't know exactly what happened so I'll go Windows 8.1 Help Stuck on Gray Screen before login page through what I done leading up to the issue I processed a Windows update I used spybot to remove some spyware which it didn't work so I selected run - msconfig - Windows 8.1 Help Stuck on Gray Screen before login page boot options - safe mode So I could run a new scan on spybot So I rebooted and bios page loaded then the blue Windows icon with the round dotted circle the screen then goes black for seconds All that loads up is a grey screen with narrator options in the bottom left corner and the restart shutdown option in the bottom right corner I've tried all kinds and don't know what to do Its Windows professional I touchscreen all in one I've had it months I don't have the disc to hand the person I purchased it from does have it still Thanks in advance

A:Windows 8.1 Help Stuck on Gray Screen before login page

Anyone help with this? How can i do a recovery.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/55858-windows-8-1-help-stuck-gray-screen-before-login-page.html
Relevancy 62.35%

My PC stuck at the login screen without user password prompt in safe mode.

I've tried the solutions as follows, however, none of them are success :

Use the Windows 10 installation media to log into the "Troubleshoot Mode" and "Startup Repair".

"System Restore" in "Troubleshoot Mode" isn't work for me as Kaspersky IS is installed and it prevents the "System Restore" process.

Use the Windows 10 installation media, to try "Upgrade" the windows. It fails also as Windows 10 already exist.

It's grateful if anyone can help to fix it.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/65391-windows-10-stuck-login-screen-without-password-prompt.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I've had this problem for almost a year and now and I got so fed up and quit using windows I partitioned the drive and installed another OS on it I can boot in safe mode but not normal mode I did not get an install cd with my purchase of the computer so I don't think I can repair it via that route spinning 7 circle Stuck with login screen Windows at I'd like to know what the possible causes are to see if I can repair it on my own Frankly I've had it up to here with Windows and am itching to wipe the drive and install another OS if I don not find a solution to the problem and find one fast Why can't microsoft create some way to repair startup over the net Because obviously this is a very common problem with Windows There are alternatives to windows that are very good out there little things like this push customers away like what is happening to me now I am mad to switch to totally to Ubuntu or some other Linux Distro as Windows 7 Stuck at login screen with circle spinning I found out long ago that they have everything and more that Windows has and most for free I like Windows for the look and feel but this annoying problem is getting to me and this isn't the first time something screwy like this happened to me I recall once with a laptop I had that had on Vista and another time in XP God This is so frustrating I need help and I need it fast my choice of OS is hanging on this here

A:Windows 7 Stuck at login screen with circle spinning

Quote: Originally Posted by kamron

I've had this problem for almost a year and now and I got so fed up and quit using windows. I partitioned the drive and installed another OS on it. I can boot in safe mode but not normal mode.

I did not get an install cd with my purchase of the computer so I don't think I can repair it via that route. I'd like to know what the possible causes are to see if I can repair it on my own. Frankly I've had it up to here with Windows and am itching to wipe the drive and install another OS if I don not find a solution to the problem and find one fast.

Why can't microsoft create some way to repair startup over the net? Because obviously this is a very common problem with Windows 7. There are alternatives to windows that are very good out there, little things like this push customers away (like what is happening to me now), I am mad to switch to totally to Ubuntu or some other Linux Distro as I found out long ago that they have everything and more that Windows has and most for free. I like Windows for the look and feel but this annoying problem is getting to me and this isn't the first time something screwy like this happened to me, I recall once with a laptop I had that had on Vista and another time in XP. God!!! This is so frustrating!!!!

I need help and I need it fast, my choice of OS is hanging on this here!!!

There is no need to switch from Windows 7. Windows 7 is a great os. Anyway, have you tried running system restore? You can run that by going to start then typing system restore. Restore to a time before this started happening.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/223061-windows-7-stuck-login-screen-circle-spinning.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello all.
One of my friend has HP pro book laptop. Until yesterday it boot properly. But now it shows logon screen more than 10 minutes and welcome screen same time. After it boot it painfully slow. Why is that? How do i fix it?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/54236-windows-8-stuck-login-screen-not-finish-boot.html
Relevancy 62.35%

So I have installed windows 10 on my x220. Everything is updateted, I have installed all the drivers, using new UEFI booting and all that - no problems using it EXPECT that +- every second boot i get stuck on login screen. I then have to hard turn off the notebook by holding the power button. Boot again and it boots with no problem at all. I tryied repairing windows instalation by repair media, no success. I am using fingerprint scanner to login.It says "There was an error, please repete the action" while it gets stuck on login screen.Also nothing connected to the notebook.I have made a short video of my problem and added comments of what is happining.Anyone can help, please?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Thinkpad-X220-stuck-at-login-screen-windows-10/td-p/3415881
Relevancy 62.35%

My HP Pavilion laptop is not laptop Pavilion the login My new on is stuck HP brand screen completely frozen My touchpad works as do some of the function keys like mute and light darken screen plus the up arrow so I can see the background desktop lock screen with pretty picture time date and battery status The problem is the quot Sign in quot and the power restart shut down hibernate etc option thing are quot darkened quot you know that thing the computer does when things are not available when features menu items are not current options It's like my laptop is stuck in shut down but won't actually shut down or restart And as a computer is shutting down you lose features and can't do much if anything with it This has happened a couple times before during updates Both times I unplugged it waited for the power to drain plugged it back in and it started as normal no problem No such luck this time I have heard of similar problems in support forums but most of that was upgrading from to so I doubt they can help me I have an HP Pavilion th Gen Intel Core i Processor with Windows Home GB memory Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:My brand new HP Pavilion laptop is stuck on the login screen

What is the actual model of you HP laptop? In the meantime.....try this......power off laptop, unplug AC power cord, then pull out the battery for 5 minutes. After the 5 minutes.....connect the AC power cord and power on " WITH OUT" the battery , now power on and lets see what happens.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/my-brand-new-hp-pavilion-laptop-is-stuck-on-the-login-screen-1119425.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I have followed several similar threads and their fixes for this problem with no result After downloading the Win upgrade my system then said quot loading updates quot Then it restarted with a blue login screen saying quot Welcome Back quot And a box to enter my password The cursor is blinking in the box but neither my mouse or keyboard works I have hard booted several times since the ctrl alt delete does not work I am also not able to access safe mode as none of the quot F quot keys work during boot up I have tried the following Unplugged all USB devices except keyboard does at 10 windows recognize keyboard or stuck screen mouse login not Turning off internet at the router I have a Dell desktop and upgraded from Windows with a Netgear router modem I do NOT have an animated avitar as someone else mentioned in the forum The windows 10 stuck at login screen does not recognize mouse or keyboard only way I can get the system to move is if I power off at the main switch after booting up which goes into bios and disc diagnostics but I don't know enough about computers to know what to do there HELP PLEASE My computer is useless now

A:windows 10 stuck at login screen does not recognize mouse or keyboard

Booted up again and let it run for several hours. I noticed some flashing under the power button like it was processing info, but it stopped after about 20 mins. Still frozen at login page. Help Please!

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/12355-windows-10-stuck-login-screen-does-not-recognize-mouse-keyboard.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I had recently purchased a new laptop from Lenovo, and had decided to change a few setting on the Windows 8.1 host file. After the changes, I flushed my DNS settings, turned off my network settings and rebooted my computer.

To my surprise, as I login Windows 8.1, it keeps reseting to the password screen over and over again.

I do not know what to do from here, as I cannot even log-in to change my settings, or even boot my system in safe mode.

Please help!

Thank you

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/29576-windows-8-1-stuck-login-screen-after-changing-host-file.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Well the title was hopefully discriptive and brief enough to get some skilled help on this one so here is a bit more details I am working on a DELL XPS with Vista Home Premium build its a couple years old Its not mine and I am not entirely familiar with the machine I do know this it can handle vista fine and works well until yeasterday I am told the Login reinstall Vista stuck activate, screen Home, must to at Windows machine came from Dell and was bought just as Dell switched to not offering XP anymore I do not know what updates have been applied Error Details Boots fine to login screen then I get error message quot Windows must be reinstalled to Activate quot I hit close and get droped to Login Vista Home, Windows must reinstall to activate, stuck at Login screen screen I click admin user only user available and Vista Home, Windows must reinstall to activate, stuck at Login screen get Vista Home, Windows must reinstall to activate, stuck at Login screen the message again As an additional error the bottom right of my screen reads This Copy of Windows is not Genuine Windows Vista Build I do have Windows and OS X Snow Leapord disks available if I need to use them but would rather not I do not as yet know if Vista disks are available What I need I need to recover critical buisness files from the computer if at possible before doing a reinstall Attempting a safe mode boot to try and recover files now while I wait for quot hopefully prompt quot response

A:Vista Home, Windows must reinstall to activate, stuck at Login screen

As an update, I am able to login via safe mode and in the process of backing up files.

I still do not know the cause of my errors above and would greatly appriciate some insight.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/273290-vista-home-windows-must-reinstall-activate-stuck-login-screen.html
Relevancy 61.06%

My computer was turning off every time i tried to turn it on I ran my computer in safe mode and tried to restore to before the previous update The computer then attempted to reboot as a process of the system restore As it was Computer a with cursor Black a screen [SOLVED] white on before login? stuck gets turning back on the computer shut down again mid-process After some research i concluded that the problem was that my CPU was overheating I purchased thermal composite and applied it as instructed on the suppliers website I attempted to reboot my computer but after the [SOLVED] Computer gets stuck on a Black screen with a white cursor before login? green-bars loading screen the computer screen became black with the cursor in the middle of the screen I am sure this is due to the sudden shut down during the restoration process I have tried [SOLVED] Computer gets stuck on a Black screen with a white cursor before login? running my computer in safe mode but i get the same result After further research i tried the F advanced boot screen The quot Repair my Computer quot option is not available I built this computer a year ago I [SOLVED] Computer gets stuck on a Black screen with a white cursor before login? believe Windows is corrupted because at the start up loading screen with the small green bars the logo doesnt show on top Please help

A:[SOLVED] Computer gets stuck on a Black screen with a white cursor before login?

do you still have the Vista installation CD?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-computer-gets-stuck-on-a-black-screen-with-a-white-cursor-before-login-498177.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Yesterday I turned on my laptop which came preloaded with Vista and it popped up the black screen that says quot Windows failed to start A recent hardware or screen" in loop "Startup is repair/blue Vista stuck software change might be the cause quot Then it gives me the option to launch the startup repair or boot windows normally If I try to boot Windows normally it just gives a microsecond view of a blue screen then it puts me right back where I started If I try the startup repair it tries running for a minute then it says quot Startup Repair cannot repair this computer automatically quot and gives me the option to send or not send the info to Microsoft This system is used for my business and I m pretty dependent on it Any suggestions for how to proceed on this would be VERY appreciated -tb p s regarding the computer s message about new hardware or software I have not installed anything new on Vista is stuck in "Startup repair/blue screen" loop it for Vista is stuck in "Startup repair/blue screen" loop some time Don t know if that s helpful info or not nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

Hi, I've been a happy user of my Windows 7 for about a year but about a week ago I started getting the problem of windows stucknig after loging in. Sometimes I restart the computer for 20 times and yet it doesn't work and most often the problem is temporary. I can use the Safe Mode, I've cleaned my startup list using RegCleaner, scanned the computer with CCleaner and Ad-aware and I've also done chdsk /f

Sadly, nothing seems to work for me.

A:Windows stuck at the "Welcome" screen after login

For the registry cleaning:Many of us on the forums actually do not recommend automated optimization tools for Windows 7. Windows 7 does a much better job of handling its own optimization than its predecessors did. We especially do not recommend registry cleaning as an "optimization" step because automated registry cleaning causes more harm to the registry than it actually repairs.

In the future, if you need help optimizing Windows 7, please post a thread in Performance & Maintenance - Windows 7 Forums or follow the tutorial enclosed in that forum to Optimize Windows 7.
Hopefully the damage has not already been done by the registry cleaning. I realize you were trying to repair the system, but you may have made the problem worse. The first step I would recommend is to Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup. It sounds like you may have already cleaned up the startup items, but you probably did not disable all non-Microsoft services.
If you need further help after those steps, please upload your msinfo32.nfo file. To get this: Start Menu -> Type msinfo32 into the Search programs and files box -> When it opens, go to File, Save -> Save as msinfo32.nfo and save in a place you will remember -> Let it finish the process of gathering and saving the system info -> Right click the .nfo file, click send to compressed (zipped) folder -> Upload the .zip file here.

Also, please fill in your system specs in your profile and not in a post in this thread: System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/236029-windows-stuck-welcome-screen-after-login.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello, I have encountered a troubling problem with my ASUS Windows 8 Laptop. Every time I turn on the laptop, it says "Preparing Automatic Repair", then goes into complete black, then the Blue Error screen shows up for about 1 second, then restarts and the cycle keep repeating itself. I am unable to boot from a recovery USB drive, so I an unable to get to the Advanced Startup menu. The laptop did not come with a CD.

Any help is appriciated.

A:Windows 8 Automatic Loop/Blue Error Screen Loop

Hi Kenzilla02 & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

Could you please post a photo of the Blue Screen so that we could see if there is anything which can help us in diagnosing the problem. You cannot get into the Safe Mode as well?

Anyways, you would need an installation disc for the repairs and to check what is going on.
Let me know how it goes ^_^
-Pranav

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/60387-windows-8-automatic-loop-blue-error-screen-loop.html
Relevancy 53.32%

So i've owned my computer a dell XPS L502x with a i7 intel core for more than a year now and this week my computer decided it wouldn't boot anymore, I can't even start it in Safe mode or last known good. It loads the beginning part but it started bringing up this "windows is loading files" bar which wasn't there before, then it will get stuck in the login screen with no option to login but i can move the mouse around. Is there anything I can do?

A:W7 stuck in login with no login option

Doesn't pressing the F8 key give you a screen the mentions "Repair your computer"? I would try that.

If you have any kind of bootable Windows media (such as a WinXP Installation disk), boot to Recovery Console and at the DOS prompt type "chkdsk /r". It's possible HD errors are preventing the boot to complete, and running chkdsk may fix those errors.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/w7-stuck-in-login-with-no-login-option-673527.html
Relevancy 52.03%

hey guys, this is my first time posting here adn i hope you can help.
My problem is this : about a week ago a got a message from trendmicro telling me that i should restart my computer now to remove a trojan, so i did so but when it was restarting it got to the login screen and i clicked on my user and it said " loading your personal setting ...." then immedently said " logging off, saving your setting'. it seems to be stuck in a loop and it's been doig this for about a week.

the computer is a windows xp home edition service pac 3.
thanks for any help

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi:I connected a secondary hard drive in my windows 2000
Pro PC, I later removed it and I cannot log back in.
It goes into a login loop: Ctrl+Alt+Del, y type my
password, hit Enter and it gives me back The login screen
again, and again and again....
It might be something with the pagefile sys? The problem
is, I can't log back in even in safe mode.
I even reconected the Hard drive I removed before, but it stills goes into the login loop.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Jnline

Relevancy 52.03%

Hello My platform is Windows XP SP WinNT loop login and my browser is Internet Explorer v I ve just downloaded the most recent MS critical update as suggested on your website I ve been experiencing a login loop trying to purchase games from BigFishGames com Whenever I want to purchase a game I log on to login loop my account but when I click on login loop proceed to checkout it brings me back to the login screen It never lets me through to the check out I ve login loop contacted BigFishGames customer support but they too are stumped They suggested that I adjust the privacy bar to medium and keep the automatic cookie handling active Both of which I ve done but with no success I ve also cleared my temporary files at their suggestion but still to no avail They ve suggested perhaps to use FireFox but I cannot load it on my computer for some reason It simply does not work Any suggestions nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/login-loop.765411/
Relevancy 52.03%

My computer will not even go into safe mode. I can get there but everything I do goes to the same screen which states; Launch Repair or Open Windows normally and not matter which I click it takes me right back to the same screen!!!!! Tried F8 and the supposed Control F11 to no avail. Cant get it to do a factory restore anywhere. Can go and run diagnosics on F12 for the Partition. I was given a Dell XPS Desktop One or One something and no disk. Ugh. This thing doesnt even have a tower. It is all built into the screen. I have Vista if that is any help!! UGH!!

A:Stuck in a Loop!!!

Hi -

What happens when you boot with your Vista DVD?

I think the problem may be hard drive related.

Run HDD diagnostics --> http://www.techsupportforum.com/2828431-post7.html

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/stuck-in-a-loop-518452.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Tonight I pulled my video card and reseated it. Now when I boot up I get the
screen with "safe mode, command prompt, your most recent settings that
worked, etc". It does not matter which option I choose, the computer will
just restart and take me back to the exact same menu of options. I have tried
all the options and I keep coming back to the same place - I am stuck in a
loop. Can anyone tell me how to get past this loop and to my desktop? All
help appreciated.

A:Stuck in a loop

Something might have been knocked loose or is running unstable for whatever reason.

Also whenever there is corruption of windows files (especially in 98) windows tends to crash and reboot.

Did you reseat the card properly? Why did you reseat the card? Did you check all your cables afterword?

Anyway if you can boot in safe mode try doing a selective step by step boot where you choose Y or N to every windows component. Repeatedly hit F8 when you turn on the machine and its about ready to start loading windows. A list will come up do the selective startup so you can choose each component step by step.
hit Y slowly until the unit crashes and pay attention to WHAT you hit Y to just before the crash. On the next reboot repeat what you did EXCEPT on the component that caused the crash hit NO. And you might get into normal windows, my guess is you might have to delete and reinstall you video drivers and possibly other things.

If all else fails you might have to reinstall windows.

Good Luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-in-a-loop.318940/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a gate way dxy4320 desktop pc, i did a system recovery with the discs i made when i bought it, and now its stuck in a reboot loop.. i get error message (Windows cannot complete installation please put windows setup disk in drive and restart your computer) please help..

Relevancy 52.03%

I configured this Windows XP system to log the user on automatically and everything went fine for several days. For some unknown reason, it now comes to the screen where is says logging in and then immediately to logging off without displaying even so much as the desktop background. Then it just loops like that continuously.

Of note is that task scheduler is running and performing its tasks.

Is there a virus or malware going around that might be causing this?

Relevancy 52.03%

I searched around but couldn't see any posts about this...

Basically, after I install windows updates and now after I tried to install SP1 RC1, I get stuck in a "Configuring updates" loop.

I think SP1 contains all previous updates, so I don't care about the seperate windows updates right now. When I installed SP1 everything went fine, then the computer rebooted and arrived at the logon page with a "Configuring updates" message. There it was stuck until it rebooted itself and started again.

I stuck the disk in and repair didn't work so I had to do a system restore which did fix the problem, any ideas whats causing this?
Many Thanks,

A:Stuck in a loop!

You may want to ask or research your question here
http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=1992&SiteID=17

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-in-a-loop.662345/
Relevancy 52.03%

My computer is stuck in a loop. My computer starts and the welcome screen comes up and my desktop shows, for about 10-20 seconds it brings up the background but no icons. It then automatically logs off and it goes back to the account selection screen where you choose which account you want to go on (ex: Administrator, etc). I have started it in Safe Mode, but it still just does the on/off loop.

I'm on a HP Pavilion Windows XP.

A:Stuck in a loop

May be useful, Logon, Logoff Loop - http://thinkinginpixels.com/quick-fixes/fi...onlog-off-loop/.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/294808/stuck-in-a-loop/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello, I have an 2012 acer computer that runs on Windows 7. It has crashed an I believe there is a bug in it. It restarts, then it says windows error recovery and shows launch startup repair or start windows normally. I choose start windows normally, it restarts and goes back to the two options screen. When I choose the startup repair, it checks the system for problems and then has a loading bar and says repairing disk errors and says "to restart immediately click finish" if the repairs were successful windows would restart normally and if not, than it would do it again and it continuously does the repair thing again. Is this a bug, or hardware issue and what can I do to fix this problem.

Fast responses would be great!

A:Stuck in a log in loop

Welcome.

Lets run CHKDSK in the Recovery Environment.

Enter the System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:

Restart the computer.
As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.
Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.
Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
Select your user account an click Next.
Note: In case you can not enter System Recovery Options by using F8 method, you can use Windows installation disc, or make a repair disc. Any Windows installation disc or a repair disc made on another computer can be used.
To make a repair disk on Windows 7 consult: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/2083-system-repair-disc-create.html
To enter System Recovery Options by using Windows installation disc:
Insert the installation disc.
Restart your computer.
If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc. If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check your BIOS settings.
Click Repair your computer.
Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
Select your user account and click Next.
On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:
Startup Repair
System Restore
Windows Complete PC Restore
Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
Command Prompt
Select Command Prompt

Once in the Command Prompt:
Type in the following and press Enter.
bcdedit | find "osdevice"​

Note the osdevice partition letter, then type.

CHKDSK X: /R​

Where X is the osdevice letter, and press Enter
The tool will start to run.

Upon finished, type exit and press Enter. Restart the computer

Let us know if that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-in-a-log-in-loop.1145862/
Relevancy 52.03%

OK, I was having a few software issues. IE wasn't responding, etc... Reloaded IE6. Nothing changed. Reinstalled xp pro over old version. Now when PC starts up, it goes into black screen with options fro safemode, normal mode or last good configuration. No matter which on I select, it reboots and goes back to the black safe mode screen. I tried to boot from floppy or CD, but it doesnt respond and goes to black screen. I cant reformat or anything. Any ideas.
BTW this is my older system. 700mhz AMD 384 ram

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi I m trying to help out a friend They have Windows XP Home but before it boots to the start up screen it freezes and crashes everytime I went through many troubleshooting steps and am stuck in a rut here s what I ve done Tried booting in safe mode that failed as well Seems like the OS is really messed up Tried using a restore cd that includes Windows XP Home But the boot order for the cd rom is last and so it keeps trying to boot windows first instead of starting up the restore disc To fix that I went to the Bios Tried changing the boot order but that was not available to me because they weren t an administrator This is where in loop a stuck it got really complicated There was an adminstrator password set protecting the boot order but they don t know what the password is because they bought it from ebay a long time ago and lost that person s contact information So there is stuck in a loop no way of finding out the admin password from the previous owner So now we re in a jam can t get to Dos can t get to windows can t boot from the cd rom to do anything Any suggestions Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

I recently upgraded my gateway NE56R41u from the upgraded 8.1 to the new windows 10, and it had some issues, windows store would not open, it was slow, and I did not want to go back, going back is never good, lol, so, I was trying to reset it, and found myself in a loop, saying it ran into some trouble, needed to be restarted and that "they" would restart for me, and that is all it will do over and over again, I am able to hit f2 and it takes me to the set up utility, and I do not know what to do from here, halp!!!!

A:i am stuck in a loop!

I have the same problem. It says my computer has a problem and needs to restart. And it does. Then it says the same thing when it restarts and goes on and on and on. Help. I can't use the computer and have done everything I can think of with no results. HELP!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586353/i-am-stuck-in-a-loop/
Relevancy 52.03%

I hope I'm posting this in the right place but anyway I have a HP Pavillion a n Media Center PC It will run fine for a while and then after every - weeks start going into an infinite loop It will go to the Windows loading screen then go to Start computer normally safe mode safe mode with networking If I do safe mode it dumps a bunch of numbers and restarts again Normal mode will loop? PC stuck in gets run chkdsk get to file or some crap and then shut down restart Wash rinse repeat I do not know what is causing this I'm wondering PC gets stuck in loop? if World of Warcraft could be doing it Maybe a graphics card issue I have Nvidia GeForce When I'm playing the game sometimes the entire PC freezes other times I can move the mouse arrow but nothing else But in the end it always results in this infinite loop crap Can someone PC gets stuck in loop? shed some light on this I'm sick of having to do a system restore every - weeks This has been going on for almost a year now and started when I installed the BC WoW expansion coincidental or not I don't know Help I am willing to take whatever steps I can to get to the bottom of this

A:PC gets stuck in loop?

Weird that it happens every three or four weeks. If you haven't tried a fresh install yet of the operating system, then I recommend doing that. Backup all of your files, re-install windows fresh with a full format of the hard-drive, and then see if the problem still persist.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-gets-stuck-in-loop-271111.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi, ive had a couple of problems trying to fix a laptop (advent q200).

I replaced the hard drive (Toshiba mk2555gsx, bought a second hand one from ebay) reformatted, reinstalled windows 7, reactivated windows and installed all programs. It started up fine for a couple of weeks then did not recognise the hard drive and couldn't boot.

So I put the original drive back in and repeated the above, formatting and reinstalling everything. All is fine until the next morning when it often wont start without using the windows repair loop. This is the reason I got the other hard drive in the first place.

Sorry its a bit vague but do I have two faulty hard drives or am I doing something wrong whilst installing windows 7 or could it be something else?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/390286-stuck-loop.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I moved my hard drive from 1 comp to another. After doing that windows wouldnt boot it kept crashing, but it would boot in safe mode fine. I went to msconfig and went to boot.ini then did /safeboot and then i found out that i needed to activate windows because i moved the harddrive. So i was stuck in a loop to where i couldnt get to the desktop any more. So i did the XP home repair install from entering the CD. Now when it finished it wanted to boot windows to finish the repair it is still in safe mode so it wont allow the repair to work unless safe mode is off. Safe mode was turned on from msconfig /safemode so with normal boot safemode is still on. Any idea on what I can do???

A:HD Stuck in Loop Please Help

IF a major component of your old comp is dead, then call MS$ and explain and use your install disk to re-install XP again.

If you don't have a disk, then buy one.

Somewhere here I am missing WHY you moved the drive.

Ya know?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hd-stuck-in-loop-please-help.104859/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi. I'm trying to fix my friends computer. It is a Compaq Presario 6350us. It is running Windows XP. I'm not sure of other specs because I can't get it to boot up. When I start it up the screen flickers a couple times and then goes to a black screen that gives start up options ie safe mode, safe mode with networking etc. No matter which option I choose, it does the same flickering and then back to that screen. It's like its stuck on a continuous loop. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks- Tom

A:Stuck in a loop.

Boot off of the Windows Disc Or download the Recovery Console ISO. Burn it to CD with IMGBurn Boot off of the CD and get to the Recovery Console. Here type chkdsk /R and press enter. The Check Disk utility will try and fix any file errors.
You can also download the ISO image for Seatools, or WD DataLifeGuardin my signature and burn the image to a CD using IMGBurn also in my signature and boot off of the newly created CD and run the Quick and Advanced tests on the HDD to test the integrity of the drive.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stuck-in-a-loop-680566.html
Relevancy 51.6%

My partner has been doing a lot of work for me on her Toshiba satellite laptop as she can type far quicker than I can I have to get a portfolio done for a new job and we have spent about three weeks on it We have just installed a wifi card to it and xp needed to load service pack the computer had not been online for years I also installed AVG Free edition AVG spyware AdAware Spybot Wise disc cleaner and Wise registry cleaner I stupidly didn t do a back up I ran all the programs got rid of some junk Computer was working fine until we switched it off Now when we switch it back on it gets as far as the welcome screen when you click on the account it says loading your personal settings and then immediately says saving your profile Have tried to boot in safe mode but it still happens with both administrator account and other account I have tried to google it and apparently some spyware programs can cause problems with the userinit exe file when it is replaced by wsaupdater exe but I cannot find wsaupdater exe in the system file Toshiba just said use your login loop logout restore disc which has been lost we have disc though and microsoft want to charge me just to ask them if it is possible to sort it out I have used BartPE to look at the drive and hopefully get the data off but it is on the desktop and I can t access it Please anyone help nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Original problem: when trying to login to Windows XP Pro, with only one user it usually booted straight to the desktop. Instead it went to the choose user screen. I picked the user it logged in and then immediately logged back out to the choose user screen. If I choose the user again the process repeats itself.

Went here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic212033.html

for advice and was advised to try repairing the XP installation. That just seemed to make it worse. Now the system simply re-boots after a short period of time never making it to the choose user screen.

Need help before I lose it...

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,

when I rebooted my computer today it went to a login in loop so everytime I try to login in it logs me out and then back to the login in screen.

I have done some looking and found that I need to replace the userinit.exe file so since I cannot get into the system put in the windows cd and went into recover mode.
did the following
copy userinit.exe wsaupdater.exe

then tried it and well it still does not work.
does anyone have any other ideas on what I can try here to fix this issue.

thanks for your time

A:login loop issue

Try this thread: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f10/...ms-197242.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/login-loop-issue-420177.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Here s my dilemma I use Windows Login XP Loop a Toshiba Satellite A Laptop ComputerI recently decided to clean out my computer using some well-known Anti-Virus software including AVG MalwareBytes SuperAntiSpyware Hijack ThisAfter running these I discovered large quantities of unwanted ad spyware on my computer which was removed AVG alone found over Windows XP Login Loop threats in a full scan It could be all the games movies I download from Utorrent gt lt Anyways after all the scans completed AVG asked to reboot my computer to finish the virus removal I accepted But after rebooting the login screen was no longer blue with my only Account showing my picture and password entry but now had a black background and a box displaying Administrator and password login I use my normal password and it accepts it que-ing the Windows login sound It then shows my background for three seconds no desktop items or anything then you hear the log off sound which returns you to the black screen Administrator and password login gt lt What I have tried F at Startup Booting in ALL other modes results in A Blue screen of deathor Login Loop even in safemode I DO NOT have my original recovery discs or Windows XP install disc Am I out of luck here or is there some magical way to save my computers dying self Thanks for reading Edit I apoligize in advance if my post leaves out information or is already a posted issue in another post I m not very computer savvy so cut me some slack por favor

Relevancy 51.6%

my laptop will boot to the login window and then i will have to turn it off because it just keeps rebooting to the login screen. Can anyone help me fix this ?

A:locked in login loop.

evednia said:

my laptop will boot to the login window and then i will have to turn it off because it just keeps rebooting to the login screen. Can anyone help me fix this ?Click to expand...
How long has this been going on? If you've had the problem for a few weeks, have a look at Cookiegal's Sticky Post at the top of the first page of this Board. Does this also happen if you try to log in as Administrator in Safe Mode?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/locked-in-login-loop.908272/
Relevancy 51.6%

I used a program called Your Uninstaller! 7 to remove unwanted and orphaned files from my hard drive and I remember seeing some files called *userinet* that it deleted.
Now when I log in Windows says Starting then the screen goes black and then I get the Logging Out screen.
I can get Windows to start in Safe mode and have tried to repair from the Windows 7 DVD.

A:Windows 7 login log out loop

Does the program have any kind of "Undo" feature?
Have you tried System Restore?
This program is a registry cleaner, among other things, and registry cleaners are infamous for causing this kind of problem.
If you ever manage to get your PC running after the damage done by this program, be sure to uninstall it and swear off any all such programs in the future.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-login-log-out-loop.1031677/
Relevancy 51.6%

Right, I have an XP Media Center 2005 machine that's in an activation loop due to the fact that I've restored a registry backup over the top of a repair installation (long story, don't ask - fact is I now have an (almost) working PC!).

Whenever I boot and log in, it displays a dialog box that says that the activation period is expired etc, and asks me if I want to activate now. When I click on "Yes", it bungs me straight back to the logon screen with the choice of users.

This happens when I'm booted into standard Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking and normal Windows. The copy of XP is completely legal and legit, I just need to activate it, which is slightly frustrating. Any help appreciated.

Cheers
MF

A:XP Activation Login Loop

If this is a legit version of windows and product ID then the next step is to call Microsoft and get them to manually authenticate the OS for you. You might have to do a repair-install for thsi to work right and the legal windows install disk is needed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-activation-login-loop.669222/
Relevancy 51.6%

After the anniversary update, Windows 10 sometimes gets stuck in a login loop.

I enter the correct password or PIN, it loads for a longer-than-usual time, and it returns to the login picture.
I have to restart the PC to login again.

Come on, Windows!

https://malwaretips.com/threads/windows-10-login-loop.62256/
Relevancy 51.6%

i have this login loop problem HELP!!!! loop hell login firstly it does not bring me to the normal welcome screen but the old school login window when i enter my account name and password it logs on with startup tone but logs me straight off again this happen in all modes ie safemode etc i haveloaded the ultimate boot from there i have a few options but i dont know how to use it to repair my problem I assume the cause of this problewm is missing or corrupt files is it or could it be possible to load all the windows files needed to boot xp and put them to a usb pendrive make it bootable to restore these files to wherever they need to go some advise please OR maybe some advice on using this unltimate boot system if anyone knows of it one other thing im happy to reinstall windows but my cd drive only works when windows is fully loged on while booting login loop hell HELP!!!! my computer the cd drive is not recognised by the bios which is weird as it work perfectly when loged on but i was itried loading my full xp disk using another computer from the cd to the usb but it will not lad the operating system i do not know if this can be done or not and if so what am i missing to make this work many thanks

A:login loop hell HELP!!!!

Some manufacturers include a non-destructive recovery, maybe worth looking into that. If not, I'd reinstall the OS.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/login-loop-hell-help-363746.html
Relevancy 51.6%

This may be nothing; but AFTER sucessfully (I think) removing some SPYWARE and MALWARE(and my Anti-Virus detecting and deleting a virus) my XP PRO SP2 Sony Viao Laptop started exhibiting strange behaviour.

I can boot and operate "normally" but when I need to reboot and the Welcome screen with User Ids comes up:

1. HD Light continues flashing
2. After 30 - 60 seconds system reboots on its own
3. If I wait 30 seconds, password protected IDs will not accept correct password.
4 If ANY account Logs in, cycle is broken.
5. Password protected Login must done quickly.

Counting Old (but working) PCs there are 7 in this household and mine (used by the alleged computer expert) is the only one that acts this way.

Would like to fix it but am more concerned with "lurking undetected Trojan"

A:ReBoot Loop Unless U Login

Hi dcloer, welcome to TSF

Please follow the instructions here and post a HJT log here so a security analyst can verify your system is clean. Then post back here and we'll look at some other options if necessary.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/reboot-loop-unless-u-login-107411.html
Relevancy 51.6%

So login Windows loop Pro XP SP3 I was cleaning out my box last night and realized I had extra drives Windows XP Pro SP3 login loop screwed into the case that weren t hooked up I had forgotten what was on them and wanted to find out so I hooked them up with my current boot drive and told bios to boot from my current drive as it turns out one of the drives was my OLD boot drive which had the same drive letter c and drive name as my current drive Windows booted normally and I saw my custom login screen I entered my password and then all hell broke loose It showed the wallpaper I had from the windows install on the old drive but that amp s all it showed Windows just hung there so I shutdown disconnected the additional drives and restarted Windows booted fine however it didn t load my custom login screen It loaded a standard windows login box and had my name in it I entered the password and it said loading personal settings but then immediately logged me out without loading my desktop I tried to login with the admin account and it did the same thing I tried to boot in safe mode and when it asked me to login it did the same thing I don t think windows restore was functioning either Having drives at the same time with the letter c and the same disk name must have corrupted something with my current drive However windows shouldn amp t allow drives to have the same letter so I don amp t know how this could have happened It seemed like it tried to load the profile from my old install on the old drive at least the wallpaper indicated that I have no idea where to even begin Is there any way to fix this issue nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Windows XP home edition.....while attempting to login to my desktop it starts to load then flashes and says its saving settings. I created the (6) disk boot series in an attempt to get to where I can fix the registry, but when I get to disk (3) it says "File SETUPREG.HIV coul not be loaded. The error code is 512." The OS is an upgrade from ME to XP so I cant boot from CD.

A:login logout loop

Have you tried to boot it in safe mode ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/login-logout-loop.434462/