Windows Support Forum

Malware or hardware fault?

Q: Malware or hardware fault?

OK the C key on my keyboard seems to have developed a life of its own Sometimes it won't work at all sometimes when typing it repeats amp repeats the only way to stop it is to hit ctrl amp alt at the same time This only happens with the C key If there isn t a text window open then two of the icons on the desktop flash repeatedly one is pdf file one is a powerpoint file Again only way to stop it fault? Malware hardware or seems to be ctrl amp alt at the same Malware or hardware fault? time scanned with Avira nothing shows same with malwarebytes I use both of these regularly DDS wouldn't execute on my laptop I just get a DOS window opening that Malware or hardware fault? reminds me to turn off script blockers what are they tells me it's non invasive won't take longer than minutes and that a log will be produced but then that window disappears and nothing else happens The GMER log seemed togo ok and Malware or hardware fault? is zipped amp attached Did all the above with AV etc disabled

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Malware or hardware fault?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 22.79%

Corsair is well known for its PC components spanning a range of categories -- from memory to cases, power supplies, cooling and more. But this year it's trying something new with Bulldog, a barebones, console-like Mini-ITX box that's designed for...

Read more

A:Corsair goes for the living room with Bulldog PC kit, supports liquid cooling and high-end hardware

The case looks downright awful too me. I wouldn't have that thing displayed in my lounge.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-goes-for-the-living-room-with-bulldog-pc-kit-supports-liquid-cooling-and-high-end-hardware.213594/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi guys, while playing DOTA 2 (on lowest settings), I am experiencing the problem that my FPS is down to 30 almost all of the time. This started about a month ago and is really annoying to me, which is why I decided to updgrade my hardware in order to fix this problem. Now I am facing the problem though that I have no idea which parts of my hardware cause the low performance and thus need to be exchanged, some help would be very much appreciated.

I have the Medion Erazer X6817 with the following hardware:

CPU: Intel Core i7-2670QM @ 2.20 GHz
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M
RAM: 4GB DDR3

Some Additional Facts:

I use a LG 24MPHQ Monitor to display the game at 1920x1080 resolution
When playing RAM usage is constantly at about 3,2 GB, CPU Usage pending between 15 and 45
So what part of my notebook do I have to upgrade to improve my FPS?

A:Hardware Upgrade to fix low FPS?

If you can upgrade your RAM to 8 gigs that might help; it seems to be the sweet spot for gaming. Otherwise Dota 2 is not that demanding on hardware.

As one who is experiencing League of Legends disconnects I have found through the help of jobeard and Rage_3K_Moiz that it probably has to do with my internet connection. Here are 2 that I ran (both are safe) to check for Packet Loss:

http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/
http://www.dslreports.com/pingtest

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-upgrade-to-fix-low-fps.208832/
Relevancy 22.79%

Nvidia's G-Sync technology is currently available on a handful of displays but the cost of entry isn't cheap. That's because the current crop of monitors require custom hardware to work their gaming magic - a requirement that soon won't be...

Read more

A:Nvidia G-Sync technology is coming to laptops, no custom hardware required

LOL the G-Sync module was only ever used to verify 100% that someone was using a Nvidia GPU. What a bunch of crooks...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-g-sync-technology-is-coming-to-laptops-no-custom-hardware-required.208532/
Relevancy 23.65%

Updated my hardware drivers including the wireless adapter, and something must have gotten changed as I can not connect to wifi anymore on HP Notebook G72-253NR with Windows 7.

Flushed winsock, released/renewed ipconfig and deleted/reinstalled adapter. Can meanwhile connect thru Ethernet cable again but not wifi. Finds my wifi network (previously didn't) but can't connect, don't have tcp/ip addresses in LAC or wireless properties, automatically obtain is enabled. IPv4/6 enabled in both also.

Getting message of "HOST Process was prevented from changing settings of ZoneAlarm by modifying registry key HKCS/Services/VSDATANT? at initial startup.

"COM surrogate was prevented from changing settings of ZoneAlarm by modifying registry key HKCS/services/vsdatant" whenever I simply access/exit ip protocol settings.

How can I fix this? My brain is fried after several DAYS of trying to fix my friends computer... Please someone help!

A:Can't connect to wifi after hardware driver update

Call your ISP they will walk you through it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-wifi-after-hardware-driver-update.206983/
Relevancy 24.51%

This is my current setup and am wondering if there's anything that can be improved.
primary hard drive 210GB Samsung SSD
secondary hard drive 931 GB Western Digital
8 GB DDR 3 dual channel memory
2TB Western Digital Passport external hard drive
Intel i5 2500K processor (not overclocked)
After running Winaero WEI tool I was supprised to see my primary hard drive is the bottle neck as it's SSD. Is there a way I can tell that SSD is primary, and not the old hard drive?

I run Windows 8.1 as main computer, then with VMware I run Windows 7 from secondary hard drive (all of its files are on secondary hard drive).

I noticed with the VM running some programs take a while to load the first time. For example Maple and Photoshop take 10 seconds, but if they are closed and open again then they take 2 seconds to open. Also with the VM and Firefox running 75% of memory is used. Does this mean I need more RAM?

A:Best setup with hardware

All that means is drive as far as windows is concerned is slower than the graphics card, memory ,and processor is. that means nothing. u'r computer is fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-setup-with-hardware.206940/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi all Apologies in advance for such a long post I headaches + installation = hardware New Win7 don t know if I just have a corrupt New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches Windows Ultimate installation or what but this all started three weeks ago or so after installing new hardware specifically New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches motherboard Asus A M-A New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches processor AMD A K and RAM Kingston HyperX GB DDR Since I had the extra RAM slot I also put in one of the Aeneon XTune GB DDR I have from before the upgrade The sticker on it says it s but it shows up in BIOS POST as Since then I ve had the following problems Internet Unable to establish any connection at all when using the ethernet cable plugged into my Cisco Linksys EA Router I can connect wirelessly but that connection is lousy and I m not sure why especially since the router is only about feet from the computer To be fair the lousy wireless connection is something I was dealing with since before the hardware upgrade Windows reinstall which is why I finally gave up and bought a ethernet cable the computer used to be in a different room though on the same floor of the house The problem with being unable to get any type of connection when plugged in started after reinstalling Windows and then doing something like updates and then moving the PC to the new spot I made a point of moving the tower myself just so that I could be sure nothing happened to it so I know there was no physical damage done because of dropping or otherwise banging it around at all I ve checked the ethernet cable that runs from the modem to the router as well as the one and neither of them appear to be damaged at all I ve also tried plugging the one into all of the ports on the back of the router in the event that one of them just bit the dust somehow but nothing changed Any thoughts on how I can either get my wired connection working again or what might be making the wireless connection so horrible For clarification on quot horrible quot I m not talking dial-up speeds but some sites either load slowly or not at all sites that load up just fine on every other device in the house - specifically cell phones and iPod an Xbox a Wii and a laptop My connection to Battle net for playing WoW Starcraft II Diablo III is also pretty lag-tastic My NIC is an onboard Realtek GR PCIe Gigabit LAN controller according to the motherboard manual In terms of anything that may be interfering with the wireless signal there s a metal support post and a metal I-beam a few feet from where the router currently sits though it was previously or so feet from both Other than being in close proximity to those the room is wide open I was told that water can interfere with a wireless signal and we do have a lot of ground water under around the house can anyone verify whether ground water can degrade the signal so much over such a relatively small space Hard drive partition issues Until the upgrade when the computer just wouldn t boot presumably because Windows couldn t handle dealing with such big hardware changes all at once I had Windows installed on a partition on a TB Western Digital drive Since I had to reinstall anyway I installed Windows to a partition on a smaller but faster TB Seagate drive Up until this afternoon when I installed Seagate Discwizard one of the partitions on the big drive was inaccessible showing up in disk management and a couple of rd-party hard drive utility partitioning programs as simply quot unallocated space quot Since this afternoon though that partition is now showing up as a completely separate hard drive in disk management AND as quot unallocated space quot on the drive it s actually a part of I m a little leery of just leaving things as they are and using that partition since it s showing up different ways Discwizard only shows that partition as a separate drive there is no quot unallocated space quot showing on the TB drive Is this something I sh... Read more

A:New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches

Update: Wired connection issue is fixed. I have to (sheepishly) admit that I completely forgot to install the router via the CD that came with it. The lousy wireless performance is still a problem, though, as well as the hard drive/partition issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-hardware-win7-installation-headaches.206345/
Relevancy 23.65%

There use to be an official site where one could buy the Alpha Shield but I can't find it anymore. Does anyone know what became of this product or if it's useful? I've only heard good things about it.

A:Whatever happened to the Alpha Shield hardware firewall?

Jskid, I just ran across your question (on Oct.28, 2014!) I bought one in 2004...it worked well until three years later when we moved to the Niagara Peninsula, at which time the unit simply cut all access to the Net. A tech tried it, and said "Toss it." A rather expensive lesson.
Brian, sadder/poorer/wiser.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whatever-happened-to-the-alpha-shield-hardware-firewall.166371/
Relevancy 23.22%

24x7 - Low Power Consumption ? Internet Download Machine

I want to build a System that has LOW POWER Consumption.

Use:

Mostly Downloading Stuffs , Might Host Own Cloud too , Email Clients , IRC Clients , Other Internet Connected Apps

I was thinking of a Kabini System

Athlon 5350 (25 W TDP) & Some AM1 Mother Board

http://products.amd.com/en-us/DesktopAPUDetail.aspx?id=105

Again I was thinking about the Intel G3258 Anniversary edition processor (But it has Much Larger TDP)

It should be A Windows 7 Machine . Not Linux or other what nots !

But I am Here for some Advice. I already told you my requirements.

Advise me - What should I do ?
I only want to buy

Processor + Motherboard + RAM

&

SMPS (PSU) + HDD

I have the rest

A:Hardware Suggestions - 24x7 - Low Power Consumption Internet Connected PC

Hmm; Why is power consumption a hi priority issue - - are you running off a solar powered system or portable generator?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-suggestions-24x7-low-power-consumption-internet-connected-pc.205627/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi new to the forum and newbie-level in knowledge with handling for Safety and art junk in storing hardware hardware So sorry for how my questions sound Also I didn t know where else to put this I d just found out that computers have toxic parts and am just wondering I have some old laptops and parts Safety in storing and handling hardware for junk art flash drives hard drives etc Are the levels of these metals in a few - flash drives laptops and hard drives high enough to be Safety in storing and handling hardware for junk art considered toxic Anything else I should watch out for I want to store a bunch of old computers laptops flash drives and hard drives from old laptops until I get the time to sort them out to resell them but I live in the tropics and don t know how to store them properly Should I be worried about heat And I held and will hold internal parts the internal hard drives taken out of old laptops barehanded--is Safety in storing and handling hardware for junk art that okay Or it s not dangerous unless they re broken up Is there a difference between internal hard drives and the internal parts of flash drives I admit I m also thinking of making money off of the laptops flash drives and parts by uh trying art I admit I m not an artist but I m thinking of taking that up as a hobby and yes additional income source in case the reselling doesn t work I know of someone who does something related with internal parts of old computers we re not close so I got the idea there Is this idea viable for me And if it can be done anything I have to watch out for Any precautions I have to take Can I for instance paint on or glue them will the paint or glue affect anything Which parts--the green board the black chips anything else my amateur mind hasn t picked up Drill holes or cut them anything--green board black chips etc via scissors knife to make a picture frame Christmas tree decor or a keychain If I make a keychain for instance will I have to watch what kind of material for the hook I should pick out Is it dangerous if I use a hammer to dismantle a flash drive I don t know how else to pry open the casing Can I do all of this barehanded About heat my only storage option is prone to getting hot I admit I am more worried about say the metal getting hot enough to release fumes and the like than about whether the parts get too damaged to work properly Would heat do that nbsp

A:Safety in storing and handling hardware for junk art

I've never heard of this problem, but I suppose if lead-based solder was used, it could give off fumes. I'm not an expert in the field, but I have all kinds of old hardware parts that I've stored, dismantled, used, handled, melted, painted, what have you... never had any issues. Battery packs from laptops might be of concern though. They can fail and vent, resulting in fire or leakage of bad juju. Best toss them or store them properly (this you would have to research).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/safety-in-storing-and-handling-hardware-for-junk-art.201627/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello folks. I'm from Brazil. I would like to know if there is a good place to buy Computer parts and Gaming Laptop in Toronto. I'm going to Toronto soon and I'll study English at King George International College (150 Eglinton E. Toronto, ON M4P 1E8). Is there a Computer Store near from KGIC?

Thanks.

A:Where can I buy hardware in Toronto?

You can order parts from Newegg.ca or Amazon.ca and send them to your dorm room. As for hardware stores, I think a store called Frys is big in Canada.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/where-can-i-buy-hardware-in-toronto.192343/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hello

When I play Diablo 3 I get some fps drops , usually at the same places. usually im around 130 FPS but can go down to 50 or even 25 sometimes when its bad. its not unplayable but its no fun at all.

The places are demanding I guess, there is a lot of **** on the screen and action all around.

My current setup :

Nvidia 780Ti HOF , goes to around 60C during load
i5 4570 goes to around 65 during load
8 GB ram,

Im assuming the 780Ti should be able to handle Diablo 3 even when its demanding?

I used an AMD r9 290 earlier and got the same issue at the same places.

Before I changed card from the 290 to 780Ti I formated my computer and installed Windows 8 Pro.

So it shouldnt be any software causing this,

Am I doing something wrong here?

Is it perhaps my CPU?

What can I do?

if you want to I can record the actual gameplay and show you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fps-drop-when-playing-diablo-3-something-wrong-with-my-hardware.201463/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi, I want to know if Motherboard GIGABYTE Z87X-UD3H is suitable with the GPU unit GIGABYTE GV-N65TOC 1GI ??
how to know if that GPU unit will use what kind of PCI port??

thanks guys.

A:Help to match the hardware

Yes it will work fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-to-match-the-hardware.201306/
Relevancy 24.51%

I am building a new system for editing/rendering and have two options currently - any comments, critiques are welcome
option 1
core i7 4770 3.4GHZ quad core processor
MSI Motherboard with 4 memory slots, USB 3.0 and all of the goodies
32 GB of corsaire 1600 RAM
120GB solid state hard drive
3TB mechanical hard drive
2GB dedicated graphics card XFX R7-260x
Noctua CPU cooler with 2 fans

or Option 2
CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler:Noctua NH-U14S 55.0 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 660 2GB Video Card
Case: NZXT Phantom 530 CA-PH530-B1 Black ATX Full Tower Case
Case Fan: Noctua NF-F12 PWM 55.0 CFM 120mm Fan X4
Case Fan: Noctua NF-A15 PWM 140mm Fan
Case Fan: Noctua NF-A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140mm Fan
Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer

A:Please critique my hardware

jeff young said:

I am building a new system for editing/rendering and have two options currently - any comments, critiques are welcome
option 1
core i7 4770 3.4GHZ quad core processor
MSI Motherboard with 4 memory slots, USB 3.0 and all of the goodies
32 GB of corsaire 1600 RAM
120GB solid state hard drive
3TB mechanical hard drive
2GB dedicated graphics card XFX R7-260x
Noctua CPU cooler with 2 fans

or Option 2
CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler:Noctua NH-U14S 55.0 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 660 2GB Video Card
Case: NZXT Phantom 530 CA-PH530-B1 Black ATX Full Tower Case
Case Fan: Noctua NF-F12 PWM 55.0 CFM 120mm Fan X4
Case Fan: Noctua NF-A15 PWM 140mm Fan
Case Fan: Noctua NF-A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140mm Fan
Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD WriterClick to expand...

Well your first option does not have much information on it so based off the two sets of specs alone I would say go with your second option since your mostly doing editing.

However, what program are you useing for video editing might I ask? If you are using Adobe, I would definitly go with an AMD card since Adobe likes OpenCL and AMD cards are better at OpenCL than Nvidia.

I would say your selections for the second are quite nice, just swap the 660 for something like this and you will be good if your using Adobe.

Also, I would jump your PSU up to a 600 watt if your going with this setup. 500 Would be to close to the bare minimum and for last-ability I would go with a 600 or 650 watt minimum to keep the system open for overclocking and to insure overworking the PSU is not an issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-critique-my-hardware.200093/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello there Didnt know where to post it so I made it under quot Device Drivers quot Anyway I want help for building my own gaming PC I m going to give full specs and I also add picture of the case end of this post So the first thing is how big should be my power supply I know that my CPU should take something about W GPU should take around W Speakers around W I dont know how much will take power the Monitors though but I have in mind FHD or something like that Also can somone make clear to me the diffrence between HDD and SSD If I buy HDD then should I necessarily need SSD If I do then how much SSD should I get Ive seen some PC s on sale which has like TB HDD and GB SSD others have GB SSD Specs GB CRUCIAL RAM MB AMD A SFM MATX A M-E MSI MOTHERBOARD AMD R x GPU AMD Athlon II x Quad core GHz CPU Sharkoon T Value Green CASE Now about the GPU should I take the GB or GB The Hardware questions money difference is few bucks Also which company made GPU should I take MSI SAPPHIRE GIGABYTE XFX POWERCOLOR Some of these are called OC-edition toxic-edition boost-edition BF and so on GIGABYTE GV-R XOC- GD-GA Radeon R X Sharkoon T Value Green Hardware questions THANKS nbsp

A:Hardware questions

Matis said:

Hello there

Didnt know where to post it so I made it under "Device Drivers".

Anyway, I want help for building my own gaming PC. I'm going to give full specs and I also add picture of the case end of this post.
THANKSClick to expand...

Hi Matis.
Welcome! And... a couple of pointers...

1) Questions about Builds should go in THIS Forum. Be sure to read the stickies at the top first.
Mailpup (Or another mod) may notice and move your inquiry for you.

2) You generally should post the same question only once and only in one place. Otherwise some of the mods and others tend to get a bit cranky.

3a) You might post an intro, here. Ravisunny2 has taken up the mantle of welcoming newcomers, and offering some helpful links on how to get the most of your Techspot Experience. This is something I used to do, and Kimsland before me. Ravisunny2's post is basically the same as I was welcomed with and which I used to welcome others.

3b) Right now, on this topic, just be a bit patient, and hope that Mailpup notices, and moves your post. Likely will happen within a few days.

4) THEN One or more of those experienced with your particular questions will chime in after it is moved. I have done some recent builds, but I do tend to overbuild. Others will be more inclined to help you squeeze the most bang for the buck. You might review the stickies I mentioned above, and be ready to answer those questions.

I am not going to cross post this answer to your other/duplicate post.
Enjoy your time with us!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-questions.199304/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello guys,

I'm a computer software engineer and have some good skills on that area of computer world. But my knowledge about the hardware of the computer is poor. I guess best thing for start to be familiar with hardware is to knowing the CPUs and Graphic cards and like those. I'd like to entrust it to you to suggest me a good reference (such as a free ebook) for being familiar with computer hardware

A:How to become a computer hardware expert/technician?

If you want to become accustomed to the terms and such, I recommend you visit our forum often and check out some of our responses to hardware questions . Here are some good books: One, Two, three.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-become-a-computer-hardware-expert-technician.198211/
Relevancy 24.08%

Well, many of you may already be aware of this, but intel has built a backdoor into every vpro processor since ivy bridge and the possibilities can be both useful(fixing tech problems remotely)and sickening(feds framing you with files of incrimination by adding them to your hard drive while off)or maybe(a hacker takes over your computer) and of course industrial sabotage . If you care for personal privacy then you might want to read up. http://www.prisonplanet.com/secret-3g-intel-chip-gives-snoops-backdoor-pc-access.html ​

A:Intel hardware backdoor

Does this only apply to the vpro enterprise processors?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-hardware-backdoor.196671/
Relevancy 24.51%

Watercooling kit Hardware Help CPU Hey guys evening morning afternoon So I have ordered up k asus hero vengeance pro x GB and Corsair ax and are in need of a WC components for the CPU cooling thermal paste suggestions and whether CLU is worth it tips id appreciate as well So far for the Waterblock I am sticking with XSPC Raystorm which il (CPU) kit Watercooling hardware help get red leds for at some later stage For RAD I need a slim for Cosmos top In terms of a reservoir I am going with a cylinder type something along the lines of this When it comes to tubing black and no restrictions on flex or thickness as long as it all fits within the other components of course Rest of the parts such as the pumps and fittings I have no idea about If you guys could recommend me some rads pumps fittings and anything else I might need id greatly appreciate that Iv never WCooled before and with k getting Watercooling kit hardware help (CPU) rather hot for Ghz id love to get into WCling ASAP My price range is under the cheaper the better but best Watercooling kit hardware help (CPU) possible Watercooling kit hardware help (CPU) temps for a good price Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Watercooling kit hardware help (CPU)

Send a pm to red1776. His setup is more extensive than my own. I'll probably only be chiming on every so often as while I have built my own WC'ing system I haven't built many

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/watercooling-kit-hardware-help-cpu.194730/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hello, I'm David, and I am having problems with packet loss. I usually use internet to watch videos, play some games and what not, but recently I started experiencing lags. I googled it up, and then tried to see if my pc had packet loss (pinged google.com -t). I had a 6% packet loss. Then I tried it on my other pc (it is connected to the same router and is half a meter away from other one). It had 0% packed loss. Then I remembered that recently I downloaded some programs and stuff on the pc with the packet loss. Could it be the cause of my packet loss? Thank you to all who at least read my delema.

A:Internet packed loss. (Could it be a programs fault?)

What Router brand and model are you using?
Are you connected wired or wireless?
Are you connected 100mbps or 1.0 Gbps.
Have you upgraded the firmware on the router lately?
Also have you upgraded the drivers on the PCs network cards?
Have you ever power cycled the power on the router or modem?
Any switches connected to the router? If so, try a different port.
Have you tried a different port on the router?

Packet loss in a router means the router started degrading on the ports side.
Device could be overheating or just have duff ports (bad)
In your case you can also.

1. Backup config settings in the Router
2. Do a Factory Reset will wipe all prior settings out
3. Restore Backup config settings in the Router

If all was tried you should consider replacing the router only as option though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-packed-loss-could-it-be-a-programs-fault.194386/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi,

I am running XP SP 2 on Intel Motherboard DH55TC, Core i5 CPU. UAA High Definition Audio class driver is resulting in high hardware interrupts that uses upto 10 to 12% of CPU. The interrupts goes away if I uninstall UAA Bus driver through Device Manager. But this also disables RealTek audio driver which means I hear sound no more.

I tried updating the UAA driver to Version 1.0a but still the hardware interrupts wont go away. Please help how to fix this issue.

A:Microsoft UAA bus driver for High Definition Audio is causing high hardware interrupt

Download the Realtek drivers here Realtek drivers, you want the third one down, Windows 2000, Windows XP/2003(32/64 bits) Driver only (Executable file)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-uaa-bus-driver-for-high-definition-audio-is-causing-high-hardware-interrupt.152928/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hey,
I have a Zotac GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition graphics card. I have been trying to install my graphics card for quite some time now :/ When I open the installation driver, it says "nvidia graphics driver could not find compatible hardware". I cannot find my graphics card in the device manager. The only graphics card I can find is the inbuilt Intel graphics. Can someone help me install my driver? Thanks!

A:Nvidia graphics driver could not find compatible hardware

Should I uninstall my Intel driver?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-graphics-driver-could-not-find-compatible-hardware.192314/
Relevancy 24.08%

I think its the program that started up automatically one day shortly after I got this W7 on 12/23/12. Like most pop ups, I quickly X'd out of it not knowing what it was.
The second time it happened, I let it go & it showed 100% ok. I think that was in January & I haven't seen it pop up since but if it has & it finished & disappeared on its own,ok.
Anyhow, I think I relocated it manually & Alerts was blinking. I clicked on it & saw this.

I think the Freedom Scientific Mirror thing is the program the original owner asked me for & I asked in here. I can't fing the thread thou.
The "Unknown Device" is just that, unknown.
Any suggestions? Or just leave it alone?

A:Hardware diagnostics tools

You might what to uninstall the Freedom Scientific Mirror display Driver, If it applies to nothing you are using, This may or may not take care of the unknown device problem at the same time. As far as the HP hardware diagnostic program. This is just a software tool Hp installs in there software to alert you of problems. Have it in my computer to. Have never really used it though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-diagnostics-tools.190725/
Relevancy 18.49%

I m having a weird problem with my router malware? Do or get viruses routers Its an SMC Do routers get viruses or malware? SMCWGBR mbs Gigabit switch model Works perfectly except several times a week when I m on ebay the pages will start showing up in Chinese I get directed to ebay cn or I get Forbidden It lasts for about minutes and then goes back to normal This only happens with ebay I called them about it and they knew nothing but a web search shows this is a very common problem on the east coast with people using Verizon I m on the west coast using Centurylink It also happened when I had Cox I tried returning the router to factory defaults and upgrading firmware but that didn t help I ve taken my desktop off the SMC and connected it to a Netgear and the problem went away on the desktop but still happened on my laptop so I m sure its just the router I ve run virus malware and rootkit scanners on all PC s and they come up clean I hate to get rid of this router it runs every internet enabled device in the house like a champ but I run a business on ebay and its caused some major problems lately Would flashing it with Tomato or something like that help Thanks for the help nbsp

A:Do routers get viruses or malware?

vegasgmc said:

This only happens with ebay. I called them about it and they knew nothing but a web search shows this is a very common problem on the east coast with people using Verizon.Click to expand...

Then its not an issue with you specifically.

Take this as I'm thinking out loud as I don't know for sure. The virus would need to overwrite the router's firmware and be specific to each model they infect. A BIOS or Firmware virus would be a non-productive effort in creating them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/do-routers-get-viruses-or-malware.187765/
Relevancy 24.51%

So my current pc is socket 478 im planning to upgrade to a socket 1155 I was wondering will the hard drive ect work from the 478 to the 1155 socket

to know I still have until like what next june to build this pc should I still buy an Ivy or go for a haswell even tho im on a 700 euro budget which you can cut 200 Euros alrdy from the radeon 7850 or maybe the next series? if there will be

A:Motherboard + PC hardware

Tbh I built a pc from a famous electronics shop
Note it was Just a Mix and Match to see how much the whole system would cost me and it seems that it would fit my budget
were I live and an intel i5-3570k with full manufacturing case optical drive/sound card/hard drive/motherboard/ costed me about 625 euros with vat

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-pc-hardware.187586/
Relevancy 24.08%

Doing custom build for trial of Linux distros having kernels 2.4.31 to 2.6.29. I will be using AMD processor, and three mobile-rack dedicated hard disk drives (500 to 750GB each). Prefer Nvidia graphics card, if possible (but it must not be 'HDCP-compliant' or 'HDCP-ready'). No Intel or Sony products. Price is not a consideration. Other than these provisos, I'm open to any specific hardware recommendations or general guidance, in choosing components best suited to this build.

A:Hardware suggestions sought

Good luck with that graphics card ... ? :S

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-suggestions-sought.186630/
Relevancy 20.64%

I have been doing research on purchasing 4-bay+ external RAID enclosure for myself. I have done research on software vs. hardware raids for this system, but one question still eludes me; so I am going to ask it here directly.

If I buy software RAID enclosure I will have to use some included software to set-up my raid. So, if I take my enclosure to another PC and plug it in (let's say eSATA) I will not be able to read the data, correct? If I get true hardware raid, the raid set up will be on the build in controller so I will be able to take the enclosure from computer to computer, right?

And since TS has new poll feature lets try it out...

A:Hardware vs. software RAID on 4-bay+ RAID enclosure

Regardless of whether you use software or hardware RAID, the enclosure will work whatever you plug it into. The only thing that might not work is connecting an individual disk (used as part of the array) into a device. It all depends on whether the device in question can read the controller used for the RAID set up.

For example, I ran with RAID 1 for two 2TB hard drives in my PC, but I can connect one of them to the same device as a non-RAID disk -- which I successfully did when the RAID broke down for an unexplained reason.

However, it is unlikely to work in a computer, and you should approach it as not working at all in anything but the RAID enclosure. It's also worth pointing out that splitting RAID disks in such a way could corrupt the data. Given that pretty much every decent RAID enclosure worth its salt will include gigabit ethernet at the size you're looking for, availability shouldn't be an issue across your LAN.

Hardware-based RAID arrays are also more reliable in operation, and have the extra benefit of being recoverable in a controller failure by replacing it with the same version as before. Software RAID's are less reliable, slower performing and in the event of a controller failure can be difficult to bring back online.

Basically, when it comes to RAID arrays, don't skimp on cost. The better the quality/controllers the more reliable and better performing it will be.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-vs-software-raid-on-4-bay-raid-enclosure.185358/
Relevancy 24.08%

Ok so as stated above I am new to this. I have installed memory before but that is it. I am planning on buying a new graphics card for my computer. Because I hear a integrated graphics card is not so good. But I am unsure what I am able to install! Please help me out.

My model copmuter from the manufacturers website
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c03135882#N66

A:Newcomer to installing hardware

Integrated graphics...good or bad...depends on what you plan on doing. If you can post your budget, games/software you plan on running then I'm sure someone will be able to find what you need.

I see that your computer has a 300W PSU, depends on the graphics card, you might need to upgrade that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/newcomer-to-installing-hardware.184563/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello helpful people of TechSpot I m creating this thread because my graphics card is reoccurring problem This problem occurs on multiple occasions I am sure loading a game Civilization V Starcraft is causing this to occur but in the past I think Video error hardware running multiple applications web browser music application games has also had the same effect This error isn t constant I have had multiple occasions where I can load multiple apps or a game as mentioned and have no video hardware error at all The only other thing I can report is before I installed my new graphics cards see specs below I had another card that I swapped out The software is still installed but I figure that doesn t effect my current graphics card I have installed the software for my new graphics card using the CD software but I fear something may have gone awry My specs are Graphics Card ASUS HD -DC TG- GD -V Radeon HD GHz Edition Motherboard ASRock Z Extreme Gen LGA Intel Z Processor Intel Core i - Sandy Bridge GHz Here is a log of my most recent hardware error Source Windows Summary Video hardware error Date PM Description A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly Problem signature Problem Event Name LiveKernelEvent OS Version Locale ID Files that help describe the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml WERInternalMetadata xml Extra information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA Video hardware error BDF E BCP FFFFF C BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Video hardware error Product I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what I should do to fix this reoccurring problem In addition a less significant question Am I able to uninstall past video card software I am wondering this because I have gotten rid of my older graphics card as mentioned above and I would like to uninstall the software because I no longer need it Thanks a ton nbsp

A:Video hardware error

Are you saying you left the software for the other Video card install.. This would mean the drivers to. If this is the case. and I am understanding you right. If so this may very well be your problem. I would uninstall the software for the old video cards software and drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-hardware-error.184185/
Relevancy 23.65%

I have got fx 8150 processor and hd 6670 gpu but still can't run high end games like ME3 and crysis2....even deus ex human revolution stooped running after 6th level!!.......when I checked the requirements my configuration was more than suffice!...plaese any suggestions??....should I call up the manufacturer as its only a month old?

A:Got latest hardware but still can't play high end games like ME3 or Crysis 2

The 6670 is really a weak card for a game like Crysis 2... though it should fare a bit better with ME3. I think DEHR falls somewhere in the middle. Your GPU is your likely bottleneck on that system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/got-latest-hardware-but-still-cant-play-high-end-games-like-me3-or-crysis-2.183324/
Relevancy 24.94%

hello, I am looking for some help with a few questions.

my first question is: my mother board is a IPIBL-LB (Benicia), I am using a geforce 8400gts, and I have a 300 watt psu. does anyone see a problem with this? I am not meaning to joke or anything, I recently took a look at the power requirements of the graphics card and saw that I come 50 watts short. any help would be great.

the second question I have is: with the aforementioned motherboard I am looking to run a geforce gtx 285. are these compatible??? if so could anyone recommend an adequate psu that would give enough juice

any help would be great, please forgiveme as I am not tech savvy.

thanks, fghrt

A:Help with PC hardware

It might be okay, but it depends on the amperage available on the 12v rails more than the wattage really. If it runs okay, then you could continue to use it, but I would personally recommend you consider an upgrade.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-pc-hardware.183068/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi I purchased my computer a few months ago and have upgrades it twice hardware, FPS Good low with a new video card and power supply everything runs amazing Skyrim Battlefield Max Payne L A Noire Rage Witcher Mass Effect Crysis Civ Arkham City and more ALL FPS at a beautiful x yet darkness Good hardware, low FPS warhammer space marine Deus ex human revolution and saints row the third all hover at about fps no matter the settings just really frustrating that my gaming pc I have al least into already cant run a few less hardware intensive games I have all current drivers installed so I m literally at wits end here Here are my specs Mainboard Gigabyte M MT-S Chipset Family h Processor HyperTransport Configuration Processor AMD FX MHz Physical Memory MB x DDR -SDRAM Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti Hard Disk Seagate ST DM - BC SCSI Disk Device GB DVD-Rom Drive ATAPI iHAS B DVD-Rom Drive JKHSL TMNKLM XAZ Monitor Type E VL - inches Network Card NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Operating System Windows Home Premium Home Edition Media Center Service Pack -bit DirectX Version Windows Performance Index on Power Supply Thermaltake w Black Widow nbsp

A:Good hardware, low FPS

Please can anyone help? I don't mind spending the money to upgrade my hard drive if that's the problem, 500GB isn't enough for me anyway cause I'm thinking it's a memory problem but I don't know for sure, can't find much info on this.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-hardware-low-fps.182661/
Relevancy 21.07%

Pls anyone who can advise me on how to fix this minor issue.. So I had a windows welcome tune whenever I on my PC.. but after a few minutes, there are no sounds when I watch online or some movies on my pc.. and when I click the audio icon on taskbar, it states that there are no active audio mixers.. So I just go to services.msc and windows audio then start it, then everything's fine.. not until I restart my PC.. it is set to Automatic but it just stops on its own after every restart.. I thought of having a system restore but afraid of what might happen.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/there-are-no-active-audio-mixers-error-despite-having-a-functional-hardware.182911/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hey guys, im building my new computer and im wondering what is the best 120gb and 60gb ssd today, i look in the ocz vertex 3 and i liked him.What u think?And what u think is the best 500gb hdd sata 6gb

A:New storage hardware

OCZ makes some really great SSDs. I just installed a OCZ RevoDrive PCIe SSD, it friggin' screams!! http://www.ocztechnology.com/ocz-revodrive-x2-pci-express-ssd.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-storage-hardware.180515/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi im buying a new mobo , a x79 prob a saberthooth or a rampage formula, I want to know if either of this mobos have wireless or I need to buy a wireless card? if I need to buy do u recomend some?
thx for the help

A:Wireless hardware

I, personally, wouldn't buy a motherboard with built-in wireless. Prefer to have a separate card for upgrade purposes. To answer your question on recommended card, depends on what router you have - G, N, dual-band? If dual band, 300+300, 300+450 or 450+450?

I, typically, trust Linksys hardware, but lately had some good luck with Netgear USB network adapters.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-hardware.180534/
Relevancy 24.08%

hey guys i just want to know if i buy a USA mobo and a Korean GPU they will work as they supose to?

A:Different countries, same hardware compatibility?

Of course. As long as the GPU understands english. LOL. Just kidding.
Hardware doesn't understand human speech of any form.
So, yes, they will work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/different-countries-same-hardware-compatibility.180350/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello friends My sparable savings now sum up to and it s about time I need an upgrade I know this is a really tight budget but it s the best I Hardware RAM GPU upgrade needed for or opinion could muster up for this seemingly urgent upgrade My Current Rig Only parts concerning upgrade are mentioned ASRock N -S AM AM Socket DDR - MHz GB Max Dual Channel Nvidia GeForce Integrated Graphics nForce a PCI-e x Support Single Slot Here s a link for more details www asrock com mb overview asp model n -s AMD Sempron GHz x Single Core nm Max OC GHz x KB L Cache MB L Cache Here s a link for more details http products amd com pages Deskt amp f amp f amp f amp f amp f amp f amp f amp f amp f amp f Kingmax Semiconductor DDR - MHz GB occupies one slot Western Digital Caviar Blue GB SATAII My Usage Moderate gaming Counter-Strike Source Halo Fable Transformers Mortal Combat V etc I ll get Crysis and BF soon Compression decompression hash tables etc Immediate Plans To install Windows Ultimate -bit I have already prepare all the necessary drivers and programs I just need to make sure all my games are working perfectly stable and Hardware upgrade opinion needed for RAM or GPU equally fast if not a bit superior to -bit I dont t want to end up downloading the -bit versions for all if any of the games and I doubt they will be available anyway The Dilemma As you may have already noticed I have a very entry level rig for my usage In the pursuit of performance I stumbled upon overclocking but I m afraid I have hit the hypothetical quot wall quot I realize that whatever I do and upgrade was imminent So after saving up for a long time I now have just enough money for either a RAM or a GPU I may loosen up the budget a bit if the deal is satisfying enough But the dilemma is which is the more worthy and possibly quot future-safe quot by my position investment that I should make Replacing the mobo is out of the question because that ll mean I ll have to replace qiute a few things The Candidates RAM Most likely A twin of my current Kingmax Semiconductor DDR MHz GB will occupy the second slot on the mobo GPU A little less likely i Radeon HD ii Radeon HD iii Radeon HD iv Radeon HD v Any Nvidia below Any one of these the most affordable one will take over the responsibility from the soon-to-retire Nvidia GeForce CPU least likely Either an Athlon II of Phenom II Let s see After years maybe Haha SSD The price tags made me giddy Sometime later maybe Motherboard Out of the question Years later Or until it s fried Summary Will upgrading RAM give a better performance boost for -bit or should I go for GPU I ll upgrade my CPU later most likely on an exchange offer Reduce Reuse Recycle I ll need an SSD in some time so maybe I ll get it before the CPU Any major upgrades Mobo CPU will be done no sooner than years from the time of writing this thread Thank you in advance for your time and effort Any help is truly appreciated Marnomancer nbsp

A:Hardware upgrade opinion needed for RAM or GPU

Looking at your current rig, you definitely need the best DX11 video card you can afford to ditch the on-board video. You could probably get by with 4GB of RAM for the 64-bit OS

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-upgrade-opinion-needed-for-ram-or-gpu.178047/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi Guyz,
I have Toshiba Satellite C660-195 with Celeron Dual Core CPU T3500 @ 2.1 Ghz and 4GB ram. I want to upgrade my CPU for a better speed and performance (not videos and games!! ) because usually i have to run many virtual machines and heavy softwares. Are there any suggestions? would it be compatible with Corei 7 or something ? Is this possible anywayz?

A:Toshiba Satellite hardware upgrade

Most likely not, and it certainly won't work with the new generation (i5/i7) CPUs. If you're running VMs all the time I'd recommend replacing it with a laptop that has a 4 core, 4 thread (8 in total) CPU with lots of RAM (6GB+).

You current CPU is far from ideal for running VMs, given its lower performance characteristics.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-hardware-upgrade.177064/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi guys,
I got an intel HD Graphics 3000 and there are a lot of games i cant play with it. So i have an utility cd that has nVidia GeForce GT 525M. But when i try to install it, it says Compatible graphics hardwares not found. What must i do? should i uninstall the intel Graphics 3000 first?
Please help...I would be really grateful.

A:Compatible graphics hardware not found

This might sound like a silly question but have you installed the GeForce GT525M card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compatible-graphics-hardware-not-found.176808/
Relevancy 24.08%

I checked my computer specs these are the things that I saw ASUS P VD -VM SE mobo W A PSU lt - I think Processor ideas on any card Help (I my hardware) don't with have graphics Intel R Pentium R D CPU GHz CPUs Memory MB RAM lt -- I only have mb of ddr ram atm I dont have any gfx card I use the built-in one Im thinking of upgrading my pc by buying a gb ram and a gfx card to let me play my games The game I want to play is quot Heroes of Newerth quot quot SkyRim quot Call Of Duty games I dont care if i could only play in medium resolution as long as is smooth and nver gets lag I would like to know what video cards are compatible with my mobo please explain it to me thoroughly so I could understand I dont have that much money so a average card will do Another thing If I were to Help with my graphics card (I don't have any ideas on hardware) change my Help with my graphics card (I don't have any ideas on hardware) mobo and processor Help with my graphics card (I don't have any ideas on hardware) can I also use the RAM and gfx card that I bought How is that possible Are motherboards have similar sizes because I think my casing will be a problem HELP pls nbsp

A:Help with my graphics card (I don't have any ideas on hardware)

I think you're going to be bottlenecked by your CPU, RAM and PSU. If you bought 4GB of RAM (which is very cheap nowadays), a decent 500W PSU and a Radeon 6770 I think you can game on medium settings for those games.

Your mobo has a PCI-E x16 slot so all modern graphics cards will be compatible. However check to see how much space is in your case because some graphics cards are very long.

If you decide to upgrade your CPU, you will need to change the motherboard and RAM unless you get a Core 2 Duo/Quad processor, in which case you can use your existing mobo and RAM. Graphics cards are compatible either way.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-my-graphics-card-i-dont-have-any-ideas-on-hardware.176008/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi, my gateway laptop has recently starting to get 8 beeps. The pattern for these beeps are 2 beeps, 2 beeps, 2 beeps, 2 beeps. Some googling points to a possible hardware or bios issue. The problem is i cannot find a solution and i cannot send my laptop to gateway because i need this laptop for school. Any help at all will be greatly appreciated.

A:Gateway 8 beeps BIOS/hardware problem?

Beep Codes
As you suspect, not good news to have a beep notice of failure? but you have to talk to Gateway tech support, if you can find them. Often it is a partial system board failure caused by overheating or curling of the board. This may or may not be helpful here. We have well over 277 beep codes in the our tech lab database.

As you probably know, every time a computer is switched on it performs a short diagnostic routine known as the POST, or Power On Self Test. The POST is a small program contained in the BIOS. It checks that basic hardware is present and performs a rudimentary memory test. The POST announces the results of its routine both audibly (a series of beeps on the PC speaker) and visually (displaying a brief summary or codes on the screen).

The audible method is essential since a fault may exist with the graphics card or monitor. If all is well, the computer typically emits a single beep and carries on booting. The number and duration of the beeps is intended as a coded message and understanding them will allow you to diagnose any problems the computer may have.

The codes vary according to the manufacturer of the BIOS and the build year of the computer.. Here are some of the more common codes for two beeps we have on our list. Unfortunately, not of them are specifically listed for a Gateway laptop.: To save space they are grouped together. Remember it all depends on the BIOS and the build. Each line is a separate code, and may be from any manufacturer... I give them here as examples.

two short Parity circuit failure
two short Any non-fatal error
two short = Configuration Error (displayed on screen)
repeating two short Power Supply or System Board failure
continuous twos Supply or System Board / Keyboard stuck
one long, one short System Board failure that is preventing full normal operation
one, two, two DMA Initialization failure
one, two, three DMA Page Register Read/Write failure
two (followed by various combinations)
(First 64K RAM Chip/Data Line failure (combinations
indicate which bit)
two or four Unexpected Interrupt in Protected Mode
(tone) one, one or two System Board

For even more beep codes, take a look HERE.

Good luck.

You might want to have a first class tech take a look...

If it is a Gateway M6750 model, it could mean the motherboard is going, and it will go soon.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-8-beeps-bios-hardware-problem.175957/
Relevancy 23.65%

ok i have a asus netbook and i took out the hard drive and replaced it with a dell hard drive now it thinks it a dell and a asus is there any way to wipe it then load only asus hardware????

A:How to wipe a hard drive then load different hardware

Buy a USB hard drive external enclosure matching either SATA or PATA drives and format the Dell drive on another computer. Then install the freshly formatted drive in the Netbook. How are you going to re-load the operating system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-wipe-a-hard-drive-then-load-different-hardware.175482/
Relevancy 24.08%

I recently purchased and installed an AMD Radeon HD as well as a new -watt power supply Ever since installation my computer has had troublesome times connecting via ethernet It should be noted that I switched to AMD from an Nvidia GPU which is the stock card for my system At first I received the error message quot Windows was unable to automatically detect this networks proxy settings quot IPv was receiving an internet connection but IPv wasn t I thought it might have been an ISP issue with the university I attend but now the LAN adapter is completely unable to recognize a plugged in ethernet cable It s not a problem with the cable or ISP because other computers are able to connect using the same port and cable Even the little green light that flashes around the ethernet port on the back of my computer has stopped flashing I with installations Problem LAN hardware network after downloaded the most updated driver for Problem with LAN network after hardware installations my network controller Intel V- and used some of the newer features to test my LAN device out The hardware and cable tests returned a success but my connection failed There was also another device called quot PCI Simple Communications Controller quot without any installed driver to run it But most online results said this was a minor issue EDIT The missing quot PCI Simple Communications Controller quot turned out to be Problem with LAN network after hardware installations a Systems device called quot Intel Management Engine Interface quot I found the correct Problem with LAN network after hardware installations driver for the device by looking up its vendor device codes on pciexpress com then manually installed the driver Doesn t seem to help out the internet however Maybe its one of many firmware problems involved with the ethernet controller This is all extremely confusing to me How can the LAN device pass all of its functionality tests recognize when there is and isn t an ethernet plugged in but still remain disconnected and completely non-responsive My guess is my computer has a major issue with the university s local network or that there s an extremely subtle cable port malfunction nbsp

A:Problem with LAN network after hardware installations

What do you have on-board NIC? If you have it then get a good PCI-E 10/100/1000 Card. Which is the better route.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-lan-network-after-hardware-installations.174224/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hey everyone im brand new to this building your own gaming computer thing but i think i got most of it down with the help of youtube instructional videos lol Anyway this is my hardware so far please tell me its all compatible thanks C - Corsair CWCH Hydro H CPU Liquid Cooler - mm Fan LGA LGA LGA LGA LGA AM AM my compatible? computer hardware building, is to New lbs In Stock Details List Price Instant Savings Price - A - ASUS P P PRO REV Intel P Motherboard - ATX Socket H LGA Intel P Express MHz DDR O C SATA Gb s RAID Gigabit LAN -CH Audio USB SLI CrossFireX Bluetooth lbs In Stock Details S - Samsung HN-M MBB Spinpoint M quot Internal New to computer building, is my hardware compatible? Hard Drive - TB SATA G MB RPM lbs In Stock Details M - Sabrent EC-UEIS Hard Drive Enclosure - quot IDE SATA to USB eSATA lbs In Stock Details S - Samsung New to computer building, is my hardware compatible? T A quot Class Widescreen LED Backlit HDTV Monitor - x Mega Dynamic ms HDMI VGA USB HDTV Tuner Energy Star lbs In Stock Details S - Masscool STARS- Silver Color Thermal Grease lbs In Stock Details C - Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal ty Champ PCIe Sound Card SB lbs In Stock Details List Price Instant Savings Price - E - EVGA -P - -AR GeForce GTX SuperClocked Video Card - MB GDDR PCI-Express Dual DVI Mini HDMI SLI DirectX lbs In Stock Details Mail-in Rebate C - Cooler Master RC- -KKN -GP HAF Advance Full Tower Case - ATX Black SuperSpeed USB lbs In Stock Details List Price Instant Savings Price - U - Ultra U - X Gold Edition Modular Power Supply - W ATX Plus Gold mm Fan SLI Ready CrossFire Technology Active PFC Vibration Dampener Included Lifetime Warranty w Registration lbs In Stock Details List Price Instant Savings Price - A - NZXT Sentry LX LCD Fan Controller lbs In Stock Details A - Asus DRW- B ST BLK G AS Internal x CD DVD Drive - DVD R x DVD RW x DVD-RW x DVD R DL x DVD-RAM x CD-R x CD-RW x SATA MB Black lbs In Stock Details List Price Instant Savings Price - M - Microsoft Windows Home Premium BIT Operating System Software - OEM DVD English lbs In Stock Details Mail-in Rebate C - Corsair CMZ GX M A C Vengeance GB PC DDR RAM - MHz x MB Non-ECC Unbuffered lbs In Stock Details List Price Instant Savings Price - I - K Intel Core i - K BX I K Unlocked Processor - Quad Core MB L Cache MB L Cache GHz GHz Max Turbo Socket H LGA W Fan Retail lbs In Stock Details nbsp

A:New to computer building, is my hardware compatible?

You shouldn't need to buy thermal grease as the Corsair CPU cooler comes with some high quality brand already applied. Personally I've not bought a sound card for the last 3 or so PCs that I've built for myself. When using headphones I've found that the onboard sound solutions (usually from Realtek) have been good enough for my gaming needs. I'd personally sink the money for that into an IPS or MVA monitor rather than a "HDTV". Perhaps a Dell Ultrasharp ( http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...e_bnrank=1&baynote_irrank=0&~ck=baynoteSearch ).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-to-computer-building-is-my-hardware-compatible.174034/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hello tech forums My friends computer has been having a very odd issue regarding cpu usage I noticed it when trying to play DC universe online and noticed big fps issues in character creation all settings being turned down After that I monitored resources to see if anything is amiss and soon enough I saw my cpu usage randomnly spiking Also it easily hits and is probably trying to use more when DC Universe is on The other odd thing I saw was that the cpu usually operated at a higher frequency than actually being used in resource manager I have uninstalled Startup toolbar updater thinking it was using too. reason. Already for no malware overused CPU free tested being too much resources and have used the malware tech support to see if it was a infestation of any kind No dice all scans came up relatively CPU being overused for no reason. Already tested malware free too. clean My only other thought is that it might be DMA being reverted to PIO or some software issue This is my last shot before I reformat this frigging labtop gt lt Only thing stopping me is the possibility that it might be hardware though I can t imagine why On another note maybe the cpu is just messed up Whenever it spikes i don t see a reason why nbsp

A:CPU being overused for no reason. Already tested malware free too.

Okay some new observations. With a room temp of 12 C my CPU idles at 45 C. Mobo is seeing 25 C during this. Also just watching the CPU usage through speed fan for a couple of hours I noticed that it likes to dance between 2% - 5% constantly. Occasionally spike to 30% or 50%. Also, it can't hand DC universe at all. Through CPU-Z The processor seems to be acting normal. It runs at half power when it's not being used much and jumps to normal speed. That might explain a little bit of spikage, but it's performance overall doesn't make sense. It shouldn't be jumping so high when I start DC online.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-being-overused-for-no-reason-already-tested-malware-free-too.173267/
Relevancy 23.65%

i have 2 graphics card gtx 560 ti for my pc, 1 is working fine the other i believe is faulty hardware, i first noticed when windows display an error (see attachment) so i decided to test each one of them, the 1st one worked no issue - the 2nd one with the assume problem, the fan spins but that's all it does, i dont see my monitor screen turn on, boot screen nothing, my pc is running but the graphics card is doing nothing.

any1 can help me on this?

specs:

mob: GA Z68XUD5B3
2 msi GTX 560 Ti Hawk
intel i5 2500K
8 gb of ram
windows 7 64bit

A:Graphics card issue -- faulty hardware?

by that picture it looks like the drivers haven't installed properly, even though they are the same card you still need to put both CD's in when you install it, go back to device manager and update drivers by pointing it to the CD for that card

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-issue-faulty-hardware.172172/
Relevancy 23.65%

Well my friend has been wanting to play a game with us for a while but she can not play it since her current video card's shader models are 1.0 and the game she wants to play is 2.0. I believe she has an agp slot, not sure if its 4x or 8x. I was looking on Newegg for a card but couldn't really decide what to get her. She usually plays Maplestory, Gunz or League of Legends. What would be the best mid-range card I could get in terms of balanced performance and price?
Thanks!

A:Wanting to upgrade friend's video hardware

i would get her one of these.

SPARKLE GeForce 6200 for $39.99
or
VisionTek Radeon HD 3450 for $64.99
or
HIS Radeon HD 4350 for $74.99.

Of course theRadeon HD 3450 and Radeon HD 4350 are way faster than the GeForce 6200.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wanting-to-upgrade-friends-video-hardware.171887/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi guys

My pc has recently been giving me problems, like it froze sometime ago while I was playing games, it displayed that blue screen with a lot of error codes and then just reboot. So now when I try to format the OS partition and install a fresh copy of windows, it always gives me an error saying that windows cannot format the drive, so please guys I realy need help all of my information is on the other partition, so please any help would be appreciated, adn if possible suggestions to fix the problem will be very much appreciated.

Thanx in advance.

A:Possible hardware failure

First, slave your harddrive to another system and you will be able to access your information which you can then burn to a DVD.

Second, while it it is slaved run a harddrive diagnostics on said harddrive,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/possible-hardware-failure.170730/
Relevancy 29.24%

There is a laptop I want to purchase which is described to have an "intermittent graphics fault" where the screen turns green.
I have read that this is definitely a hardware error, some pointing out the video cable as being loose.
I was wondering if you guys are familiar with this problem and what is required to fix it.

Thanks in advance.

A:Laptop screen turns green; intermittent graphics fault

Honestly, I would avoid any laptop that has that issue because you don't know what is causing it and if you have to replace the screen the cost is often more than what you would pay for a new system.

Can you link us to this laptop or give us more details about this unit?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-screen-turns-green-intermittent-graphics-fault.170726/
Relevancy 23.65%

My computer still starts up making the same sounds and lights and such as usual, but there is no longer any signal to my monitor, mouse, keyboard, or speakers. I discovered this upon trying to wake it from sleep mode, the computer woke up, but no lights turned on on the keyboard, no sound came out of the speakers, and my monitor said no signal.

This happened once before, and we took it to a local repair place. They hooked it up to their monitor and keyboard and it worked fine. I've tested my monitor on another computer and it works just fine, as well as the rest of the hardware. Last time they said something had likely unseated itself, and the ride in the car had reseated it. What should I try?

A:My computer is no longer sending signals to any of my external hardware

Take it back to the local repair place... Have them check it once more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-is-no-longer-sending-signals-to-any-of-my-external-hardware.169961/
Relevancy 24.08%

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate and every time I try to play a game I get a pop up window...image attached.
How do I turn it on like the pop up window says to do?
Would appreciate an answer in layman's terms....I not a computer geek.
Thanks guy's

A:How do I turn on hardware acceleration?

What graphics card are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-turn-on-hardware-acceleration.169761/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have a Dell Optiplex 170l and I want to change out the hard drive to a 500G drive and add 2-1GB memory. Thoughts, I have been given the hard drive and would only have to purchase the memory.

A:Adding hardware

What is your question exactly?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-hardware.169020/
Relevancy 24.08%

Two months ago I posted on another thread that my son will be entering community college this fall yeah I m old and will be pursuing an A A degree in please: configuration for Hardware input laptop Your Digital Design and then Your input please: Hardware configuration for laptop move on to a year institution At the time I was researching and I am still researching but further along The core courses he will be doing are Color amp D Design Graphic Design Art with Computers Web Graphics Animation and Web Page Design plus other art classes In addition he will be doing the standard Word docs surfing the net term papers etc I also know he must be able to run Adobe Flash CS and there will be animation software involved but I have not been able to find out anything else -- I ve tried The central parameters I ve tentively settled on for a laptop configuration are quot display no less than x and if I can in Matte either a Nvidia M or M video card this will be an Optimus laptop gigs of RAM i QM processor this is a quad core a GB harddrive rpm and Windows Anyway what I would like to know from you guys is this In light of his course work is this quot overkill quot Would the M suffice Onboard graphics will work in some case but a Intel s latest is meh and b Nobody is offering the AMD Fusion with it s substantially better onboard graphics except HP in their dv z series and I refuse to ever purchase another HP laptop ever again Input suggestions please Thanks nbsp

A:Your input please: Hardware configuration for laptop

What is your budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/your-input-please-hardware-configuration-for-laptop.168777/
Relevancy 24.08%

*update* Guess I don't need a capture card at all. Just software?
Not sure if this belongs in Other or Gaming. Sorry up front for that. I was curious if anyone knew what type of hardware and software is required for a PC to run a livestream on sites like Justin.tv/Livesteam.com/Youtube etc. Anything besides a "Capture card?" Is there a certain amount of recommended internet connection before even attempting to do it?

Any information on this would be great. Thanks in advance.

A:Hardware needed to Livestream?

If i am reading this right and you just want good streaming with sites like YouTube. Then all you really need is a good internet connection. Any High-Speed internet connection should run videos just fine buffer free.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-needed-to-livestream.168302/
Relevancy 24.08%

When I try to play any games on my Dell Laptop [windows 7 ] I get a pop up window that says:[ attached image ].
How do I correct this.
Thank you fellas

A:Hardware acceleration problem

try updating your video card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-acceleration-problem.167356/
Relevancy 24.08%

Can anyone who has hands on experience with PC diagnostics software and/or hardware recommend any particular software or hardware testers.

How good is AIDA64, a review I read on this looks quite impressive.

There are many motherboard and general hardware testers on ebay, are there any that stand out as being particularly reliable that will also work on laptops..

I am also interested in finding good data retrieval software for recovering data from faulty and/or corrupt hard drives. Are there any that perform better than Stella Phoenix.

I repair a few PC's a month and it would be very useful to have some equipment that can confirm the health of mobo's and CPU's without having to diagnose by a process of elimination.

I don't have the finance to experiment with the various testers that are available.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

A:PC diagnostics software/hardware

This type of Computer testing hardware and software is not really necessary or even useful to an experienced computer tech. The motherboard testers are only as good as the tech is. A shorted data bus will give false results at best. The useful tools include a spare power supply, an inexpensive power supply tester, spare memory, a spare IDE and SATA Desktop hard drive (and notebook drives) and a good true RMS multimeter... and that's it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-diagnostics-software-hardware.165470/
Relevancy 24.51%

I am using a 550w PSU, Cheap-o, but good. I think its called RSG series or something like that. Anyways, i am using XFX 5750, Q6600, 2 internal HDD's, One is Seagate 500GB and the other one is WD 500GB and i also have an external HDD by WD 500GB which is hook up to my USB 3.0 PCIE card, and i have a keyboard and mouse and using a Logitech Dual Controller.

Was wondering , can my PSU handle this? Am i ok?
Everything seems to be working good, temps are good on every device.

I have 4 fans in my computer btw.

A:Curious about my hardware

Everything seems OK so far. You should try to run a demanding game (if you have any) - if the PC begins to stutter during gameplay, then possibly this configuration is a bit too much.

You mentioned that the PSU was a cheap-o;
You should be cautious then. The power-coefficient rating might be the peak power rating, a "cheap" trick by some PSU manufacturers (displaying the peak power rating instead of the ordinary power rating).

So I wouldn't worry, I'd go 'gunz blazing'.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/curious-about-my-hardware.164879/
Relevancy 24.51%

Yes I have posted on this before but am adding these Sandra reports to see if my hardware is ok! Recently my battery had died after having been in a light drizzle with my laptop in my backpack no water seemed heavily in the backpack but it was moist! I am checking to see if all hardware is ok and not possibly contaminated with water damage. I may take it later to be inspected by a repair shop! I am mostly worried about the condition of the mother board and hard drive! Hard drive seems ok, but I get message 10008 replace hard disk when doing a diagnostic from bios but HD tune and all other software diagnostics from windows read that its in perfect health and normal!

A:Hardware check up

Don't worry about these test results if the laptop seem to be running okay. Water can corrode many parts inside a laptop, and the residue can become conductive, but as I said, if it is working, it should be okay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-check-up.164323/
Relevancy 24.51%

I need to check the current Hardware to see if any hardware on my laptop has any damage to it can anyone recommend some good freeware for this checkup I had recently run into rain problem Hardware freeware with my laptop in my back pack and want to run a full diagnostic to make sure all hardware components are working I want to know if something is not showing up visually to me that might be broken so I can get it replaced Would I know if some circuits on the mother board were fried any help in this check up is much appreciated The back pack was closed it was a light drizzle I ask because afterward my battery appears to have died A lot people say I can only tell hardware damage by opening my laptop unfortunately I find it hard to get to mother board on this one and find it only easy to get to memory and Hard drive nbsp

A:Hardware freeware

I can recommend the following freeware...
Everest Home Edition. (http://www.lavalys.com/)
HWInfo (http://www.hwinfo.com/)

For a quickcheck of drive health, I really like
CrystalDiskInfo (http://crystalmark.info/software/CrystalDiskInfo/index-e.html)

Last I checked, all were available here also.
Hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-freeware.163975/
Relevancy 24.08%

hey guys, i am new to this site and i dont know whether this is the right place to post this but i need help,
my laptop is great at the moment but i want more out of it.
it is a acer aspire 5532
it has AMD Athlon TM 64 processor TF-20 (1.6GHz)
ATi Radeon TM HD 3200 Graphics up to 1408MB hypermemory TM
3gb memory
acer nplify TM 802.11b/g/n

i was wondering if i can upgrade my processor and get more out of my laptop and looking to upgrade my graphics card

any help would be appreciated..

thanks scotty

A:Help with upgrading hardware and other things

You cannot upgrade anything in that laptop save the RAM. The CPU maybe, if you can find one on eBay, but it is difficult to perform the upgrade. You cannot upgrade the GPU at all.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-upgrading-hardware-and-other-things.162927/
Relevancy 22.79%

Replaced failed HDD in laptop, need to load Windows 7 using the System Image DVD's.

Can this be done?

If so, what are the steps?
Is special hardware needed?
Do I need to format hard drive first?

I have already tried by using the "Repair Disk" created along with the "System image" disks, it's apparently not as simple as just following the prompts.

Thanks.

A:Steps/hardware needed? Replaced hard drive, load Win 7 w/ sys image DVD

This should help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/675-system-image-recovery.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/steps-hardware-needed-replaced-hard-drive-load-win-7-w-sys-image-dvd.162441/
Relevancy 24.51%

img263.imageshack.us/img263/9316/25022011094.jpg

Since I am new, I am not available to post an image or link here. Please refer to the address above for screenshot of my CPU problem. Thanks in advance.

Does anyone know what's wrong with my CPU for such screen to appear?
I try several ways but I still can't find the solution and what's wrong with this.
I had format the computer for several times, I think the OS is definitely fine and it's hardware problem. I am seeking for help here.

Sometime the CPU work really well..
When I start my CPU, there is 10% I can run the startup smoothly and 90% the screen appears and just stop running.
One more case,if the computer run smoothly, there is possibility that the computer will restart by itself and then bluescreen happened.

Hope for suggestion and solution here.
Thanks a lot for helping ^.^

A:Some problem with hardware

Try tapping the F8 key as soon as you switch on and then select safe mode.

If this fails to go into safe mode try removing one of your memory sticks, if no better swap the stick to another one. If it boots OK with only one stick fitted you have found the problem.

Do you have a graphics card, if so remove the card and clean the contacts with a soft pencil rubber (up and down not from side to side) refit the card and boot up to see if there is any improvement.

If that fails and you also have onboard graphics connect the monitor to that and boot up.

Please give the details of your system, name and model number, and the version of your operating system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/some-problem-with-hardware.161692/
Relevancy 21.07%

When I boot up my computer the USB "remove hardware" icon loads in the tray, even though there isn't a devise plug in the USB port. I'm usually able to get rid of the USB icon by going thru the procedure as if there was something plugged in.
I believe this started months ago when I was having problems with a MP3 player.
The USB port still works fine, as I use it for my camera and memory stick all the time.
Any ideas on how to remedy this problem?
Thanks for your help.

A:USB "Remove Hardware Icon" loads when I boot up

What happends when you click the remove hardware icon? Does it bring up any devices at all?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-remove-hardware-icon-loads-when-i-boot-up.161540/
Relevancy 24.08%

Do you think it's best to go after 3d monitors now, or wait a couple years to when they start releasing the "beyond hd" (2560x1600) 3d TV's/monitors, which I'm sure will take a while. Also what is the best current way to view 3d using either Nvidia's 3d vision or AMD's hd3d.

A:Quick question about 3D hardware

Guess no one wants to reply, oh well, just delete or close this topic then.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/quick-question-about-3d-hardware.161276/
Relevancy 23.65%

Okay here goes I have no sound on a system I ve built It has a biostar mobo with an onboard Realtek for VIA Audio Controller The OS is Windows XP SP with everything updated I have installed all the proper drivers shows Windows, hardware and No despite what dxdiag, test sound... directly from either Biostar or No sound... despite what Windows, dxdiag, and hardware test shows Realtek Whether I use simple headphones or simple stereo amplified computer speakers I have no sound No sound... despite what Windows, dxdiag, and hardware test shows The Windows hardware test the one where you read into the microphone and it shows both the record and playback levels shows great level in each but I have no sound despite what Windows says I ve installed all Chipset No sound... despite what Windows, dxdiag, and hardware test shows drivers as well directly from Biostar I ve run a dxdiag and this is the error code it is showing - quot DirectSound test results Failure at step User verification of software HRESULT x error code dxdiag also noted that the the ALCXWDM SYS is not digitally signed by WHQL the Windows Hardware Quality Lab but I have never had that be an issue Many drivers are not signed Anybody have any idea I ve built dozens of systems over the years repaired many more and I have never dealt with this nbsp

A:No sound... despite what Windows, dxdiag, and hardware test shows

Based on all you say, my best guess is it's a hardware issue as all the drivers/software/Windows seems to think everything is fine. (maybe the audio jacks are broken or not connecting to mobo? idk... just guesses)

I've run a dxdiag and this is the error code it is showing - "DirectSound test results: Failure at step 19 (User verification of software): HRESULT = 0x00000000 (error code)Click to expand...

That result happens when you ran the DirectSound test and you told Dxdiag you couldn't hear anything (i.e. user verification is what failed)

dxdiag also noted that the the ALCXWDM.SYS is not digitally signed by WHQL (the Windows Hardware Quality Lab), but I have never had that be an issue. Many drivers are not signed.Click to expand...

Agree, that's not the issue

The Windows hardware test (the one where you read into the microphone and it shows both the record and playback levels shows great level in each, but I have no sound, despite what Windows says.Click to expand...

As far as windows is concerned, it thinks your sound is fine (again, makes me think is purely hardware is my guess)

/* EDIT */
One other thought (tho don't know if applies) but under Ctl Panel->Sound, i think under Audio tab(?), check that the default playback device is set correctly (in case it lists more then one playback device)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-despite-what-windows-dxdiag-and-hardware-test-shows.159815/
Relevancy 23.22%

How does the hard drive communicate with the red led light? I think i just have a bad bulb because there are no indications that the hard drive is failing. chdsk found no problems Don't' tell me to flash my bios or any other nonsense. Only reply if you know what ur taking about. So don't waste my time

A:Hard drive light solid red. There are no indications of a hardware malfunction

have you tried turning the hdd led connector plug around on the motherboard its proberbly got the plus and minus on the wrong pins which is making the LED solid and not flash

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-light-solid-red-there-are-no-indications-of-a-hardware-malfunction.153327/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have been researching and planning for quite some time now and everything is finally coming together but I have come across a few elements the likes of which might be too specific for guides I was hoping to first from a builder Hardware questions time find some answers here on Techspot forums So here we go- First off deals with case fans and headers My Asrock X Extreme motherboard has one -pin chassis fan header available while my Cooler Master Haf- case has a whopping case fans My question is without buying Y splitters is there a way to attach all the fans to the motherboard I would really like to have the speed control given to the motherboard so the fans don t have to run all the time My second also has Hardware questions from a first time builder to do with the fans I have plugged all four fans into molex connectors from my PSU and plugged it into the wall When I hit the switch on the back they do not activate Is this a problem I have not received the CPU yet so have not had first post to bios yet but logically I d think the fans should act separate when not plugged into the mobo This brings me to the third While I am sure I know the answer does the motherboard require a CPU to run bios Quite specifically to my motherboard Asrock X Extreme I would like to know if red LEDs on the power reset amp reset CMOS is normal or if it designates a problem I apologize for any seemingly obvious mistakes I am making and greatly appreciate any help nbsp

A:Hardware questions from a first time builder

Just use three splitters.

The fans aren't going to turn on when the switch on the back of the PSU is on. Otherwise they would always be on until you turn off the back switch.

Yes, the motherboard requires the CPU with it's heatsink/fan to run the BIOS. It also needs onboard graphics or separate graphics connected and one RAM module to post.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-questions-from-a-first-time-builder.158920/
Relevancy 24.08%

i need help my desktop worked the sound perfectly until today i saw a yellow mark next to multimedia audio controller.how can i fix it.i dont have sound on my computer.PLZ HELP

A:How do I deal with multimedia audio hardware

Best first thing to try
1) Look in Add/Remove Programs to see if audio driver is listed and uninstall it from there
2) Then go to the support site for your computer system or motherboard provider (e.g. Dell, HP, Foxconn) and download the latest audio driver for your computer model. Reinstall it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-deal-with-multimedia-audio-hardware.158431/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hey guys My name is Joey This is the first computer i some what built myself Lemme start with the specs ASUS Essentio CG -BP GB Serial ATA hard drive NVIDIA GeForce GT GB DDR PCI Express x graphics card Intel Core Quad Q GHz GB DDR The above specs are stock Ok so here is my story small and hardware spikes Startup adding new freezing after lag about weeks ago i installed a Asus GTX top video card and every thing ran fine but when i played a game called batman arkham asylum Startup freezing and small lag spikes after adding new hardware I would some times get a blue screen saying some thing about my hardware So i talked to a few friends and they suggested that it may be my power supply stock my pc comes with a w and my video card calls for w so hey it might be possible Sooo i ordered a corsair w power supply and i also ordered a arctic cooling heat sink and fan i figured there may have been a slight chance it was over heating Ok so great i installed both the power supply and the heatsink i added new arctic silver compound to my processor every thing went great First start up went great played batman for about a hour no blue screen I was very happy but at times i noticed i would lag when ever i opened a door odd i know but i could swear it never happened before and so about days ago out of the blue my computer is giving me problems starting up freezing at random point in the start up and even occasionally just idol at my desktop So i figured some how i got a virus downloading some thing so i just reformatted to windows vista ultimate x same OS i have all ways used and i am still getting the same problem I am just learning how to build computers and diagnose problems etc Some ones mentioned in previous threads to check your bios who was having a freezing problem I don t exactly know how to do that I did double check and my hard drive is plugged in properly and every thing please any input is great appreciated nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/startup-freezing-and-small-lag-spikes-after-adding-new-hardware.157392/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi,

I have finally decided to get a new PC. I have spent half a day looking all the components up. I am set with 1090T, so please do not recommend i7 for me. 1090T gives me the best bang for the buck by a long shot of any Intel chip.

I am also planning on getting another 470 later down the line, when the games would barely run on singe GPU (so about a year , so that is why I have 1KW+ PSU. Is it an overkill?

What do you think? Will it work? Would you swap anything and if so why? Any better prices anywhere? Look in attached PDF...

Thanks

A:Building a new PC - check my hardware?

1070T gives me the best bang for the buck by a long shot of any Intel chip.Click to expand...

Well firstly, you said 1090T before, and secondly, with the new price cut to $180, the 1055 has better price/performance.
In the future, do NOT use attachments, they will not be looked at; you even have your zip code there.
For everyone else, PDF appears safe to me.

Harddrive?
Ok, you can't SLI with the latest AMD boards, not only that, but I'd recommend the 6850 or 6870 over the 470 anyway. Also, you really should be using an 890GX for CF.
GIGABYTE GA-890GPA-UD3H AM3 AMD 890GX HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply

I have NO idea how you got that RAM to $240, but this is better.
OCZ Reaper 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model OCZ3RPR1600C6LV4GK

BTW, note that Sandforce is planning to release their new line of memory controllers pretty soon, they're supposed to just about double current speeds. Remember that you can always just throw in an SSD later.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-new-pc-check-my-hardware.156399/
Relevancy 24.08%

i need help!! I had no problems getting pictures from my memory card from camera..now when i put the card in it says 'safely remove hardware' and my pictures are no where to be found. i have done everything i could to try and fix it and i cannot. what did i do and can i fix it??? apparently i need step-by-step instructions. very frustrating!

A:Help! Safely remove hardware

We need to know the make and model of the camera your using. Can you still view the pictures on the camera? Have you changed anything that could have caused this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-safely-remove-hardware.156185/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello Everyone, I'm new to this forum so please forgive me if this post is in the wrong threads.

Anyway, I'm looking to do some gaming, not really high graphic demanding games but decent. Id like for some good advice on hardware upgrades, Ive listed my system specs below. I think i need a new graphics card ,but im not sure seeing as Ive never play a game on this computer.

Motherboard: ASUStek Model:Salmon Chipset: HPSIS760 Anthlon 64
Processor: AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3000+
Graphics Card: SIS 760
RAM:1.2GB

Let me know if any other information is needed to make the suggestions.

A:Computer hardware suggestions for gaming

Assuming your PC has a PCI-Express slot you could upgrade the graphics but you may also need to upgrade your power supply and your CPU is pretty low end so you want to find a video card that would match the CPU.

What's your budget for upgrades? What games do you want to play?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-hardware-suggestions-for-gaming.155124/
Relevancy 23.65%

hello i m very new to this site but i have been working with computers for some time i recently started doing little jobs on the side and well now i ve run into something that is just mind boggling some guy gave me his gateway nv laptop with windows home premium and he wanted to know if his smashed headphone jack could be repaired and i decided to take a look i have opened up many laptops before and have never had a problem HOWEVER i saw that the jack was beyond anything i could repair unless replace which he did not want so i put failure major hardware Gateway laptop it back together the guy turns his laptop on and his left click Gateway laptop major hardware failure on his touch pad wasn t working immediately i assumed that maybe i had not lodged the ribbon in correctly so i opened it back up and all seemed to be fine still it did not work so i said quot hey leave this with me over night and i ll have it taken care of quot so after much research and even re-installing windows the touchpad does not work at all anymore and now the battery won t charge and it s all just this horrible nightmare now his laptop will work when plugged in and NO BATTERY if the battery is in then it s a no go but with the battery out it will turn on but not load up windows however it will stay running in the bios WTF i m really stressing out here and the owner of the laptop is furious someone please help me nbsp

A:Gateway laptop major hardware failure

I know that you said you have worked with computers for a long time but I still have to ask if you took all the necessary electrostatic discharge precautions. Did you ground all your tools and wear an anti-static wrist band? if not, that could be the source of your problems, and if so, you're in big trouble.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-laptop-major-hardware-failure.153521/
Relevancy 24.08%

Im in the market to buy a new laptop. I want to make sure my graphics card has the Hardware Transform and Lighting on it. How do I find out? Im looking at a laptop with an AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 420 and I cannot find any information on weather this card has HW T&L. Can anyone help?

A:Hardware transform and lighting

Hardware transform and lighting is something that has been around for ages. This is just a guess, but I don't think you could find a current graphics solution that doesn't have it.

I'm guessing that you want to know this in conjunction with the ability to game with the machine...? Or perhaps Photoshop? In either case you will likely be disappointed with the onboard video, hardware T & L or not.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-transform-and-lighting.152559/
Relevancy 18.06%

I've been getting signals coming through randomly, but I think it's some kind of malware. Does anybody have clue?

A:Ok, unwanted signal... I think it's some kind of malware that's installed. Anybody?

If you could give a little more specific information it would be helpful.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ok-unwanted-signal-i-think-its-some-kind-of-malware-thats-installed-anybody.151295/
Relevancy 18.06%

for some reason i am having sound issues inside games like team fortress wich are related to having set speaker settings to surround sound when using stero speakers im using head phones windows XP I try to change the settings to headphones but the problem persists here is what happens when i change the setting in lt windows gt control panel gt sound from to headphones then return to the menu it has change back from maybe settings, malware? will change audio OS not headphones to this problem started about days ago all i want is stereo sound I also suspect that the IDT audio OS will not change audio settings, maybe malware? program which is not starting on startup anymore may also be a problem but i can still run it from control panel its also possible that some options in the IDT program like quot headphone virtualization support quot which i cant remember if i changed recently are the problem I know very little about audio software i cant hear windows sounds either right now but i can hear most of a Cd i have in the Cd rom but it cuts out a bit just rebooted and there is not Audio at all windows can no longer see any audio devices on device manager MICROSOFT WINMM wdm audioo compatibility Driver is quot not working properly quot quot A driver service for this device has been disabled An alternate driver may be providing this functionality Code Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device quot did a system restore i have sound but not system sound will do the normal maintence and check back here to see if anyone has any suggestions nbsp

A:OS will not change audio settings, maybe malware?

See if this helps Reference Guides to Help Setup and Troubleshoot Windows Audio and Sound Cards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/os-will-not-change-audio-settings-maybe-malware.152368/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi everyone, this is absolutely a hardware problem, my mouse is having some issues with its cords.
Every once in a while it stops working for a few seconds because the way the cords were moved they no longer have a contact with the board (see photos).

I hope you guys can help me and tell how I should proceed to fix the cords and keep them in contact with the board.

I can provide more photos and information if you guys need.

Cords' close-up.

Cords' back view

Whole thing's view

Thank you,
Gustav.

A:Mouse hardware cord problems (photos)

unless you're familiar with soldering then the easiest solution is to just buy a new mouse...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-hardware-cord-problems-photos.152197/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi Guys

Newbie here so any help at all is appreciated.

I have two pcs at home an old one and a really old one. My old one has packed in, as in the power button has gone. I want to transfer the enitre guts of it ie hardrive processors the works and replace the stuff in my really old pc.

Can this be done?

Kind Regards
Craig

A:Complete hardware transfer

Do you mean just transfer the components of one computer to the case of the old one? This can be done fairly easily, as long as the second case is as least the size of the original one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/complete-hardware-transfer.150617/
Relevancy 23.22%

i lately changed my hard drive, dvd burner and memory in a dell 3000 but have not been able to install the windows. the diagnostic light d is yellow.help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-3000-diagnostic-light-is-yellow-after-hardware-upgrade.150339/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi guys,

To start off, im not an IT expert & thats why im here

I've got this problem since I came back from studying abroad for 2 months (PC is not turned on at all)

To make it easy for you guys to read I'm gonna make it brief:

Issue:

- sudden power turn off problem[*POOF*] .
- After few attempts of power on and off, PC starts to give 1 long beep and 1 short beep (indicates possible MoBo Error) also monitor has no signal

I don't have any extra PSU or MoBo to test which hard drive is giving me this kind of problem,

So please guys, any kind of help is greatly appreciated

Thank you

A:Need help figuring out the faulty hardware

Go elsewhere on this TechSpot site, to find the excellent and nearly complete Beep Code list from member Tipstir. It can be very helpful.

You could have any one of a number of issues, but you didn't tell us the brand, model, age, and configuration...
It could be hard drive failure, video graphics card, cpu clamp has broken or come loose, memory module failure, power supply damaged or blown on one channel, one of the PCI card slots can cause this, even it not used... such as a eefective modem, cable or socket has failed due to heat shrinkage or poor construction.
You will likely get a lot of suggestions and guesses if you tell us more about your system.
Also tell us if you have the restore disks for windows, and the drivers to do a new install if necessary... as well as whether you have your important files backed up.
Good luck in dealing with all the ideas you are sent by TechSpot members

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-figuring-out-the-faulty-hardware.149902/
Relevancy 24.08%

I've just bought a VIA PCI IEEE 1394 Adapter (Firewire). I removed the old modem that came with the motherboard from the pci slot and inserted the new firewire adapter into its place. I made sure it was pushed firmly into the slot.

When i connected everything back up and started the computer, nothing happened. i waited a bit and still nothing. Any suggestions or explanations as to why windows won't detect my new hardware?

i have attached a dxdiag file with this post in case anyone needs to know my specs.

Thanks.
Enda

A:My system doesn't recognize new hardware

The new hardware could be defective but try going into the Add and Remove Programs in the Control Panel and uninstall any drivers or programs associated with the old modem and restart the PC. The DXDiag shows it thinks you still have the modem installed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-system-doesnt-recognize-new-hardware.148889/
Relevancy 23.22%

Every now and then I get an error, "The device 'Generic volume' cannot be stopped because a program is still accessing it", after trying to safetly remove my USB device.

No matter what I do I can not get it to say Device is ok to be Safetly Remove (or what ever it is)... - I mean I close everything that I can think of; I have tried to close a few program under the "Processes" tab of the windows task manager however some of these unsure if I she End Process so when unsure I do not. Is there anyway of knowing what these programs are?

Back to the USB device isue - will shutting off computer be good enough to unplug the USB drive? As there is always a little power in the computer on shut down.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated - thanks,
David

A:Questions on: safely remove hardware and Windows task manager

Look in the bottom toolbar for a tiny icon that has a green arrow pointing down to the left, and a grey image of a USB flash drive just below it.
Right click on that tiny arrow-grey box set. You will get the box "Safely Remove Hardware"
Click on that choice, and wait until you get the message on your screen that it is safe to remove the USB flash device.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/questions-on-safely-remove-hardware-and-windows-task-manager.148988/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi, I am wondering what would be best to salvage in a pc and how much it would go for.

A:Best hardware to salvage?

first you have to put what parts you have generally psu cpu and graphics card maybe even ram case motherboard...ram you can salvage everything

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-hardware-to-salvage.148786/
Relevancy 24.08%

how to set 3d hardware acceleration to full??

A:How to set 3d hardware acceleration to full?

Are you talking about Hardware Acceleration setting in the display properties?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-set-3d-hardware-acceleration-to-full.148746/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have tried everything but everytime I boot up my computer I get this hardware configuration error any suggestions on what I should or can do?

A:Hardware configuration error

What operating system do you use, and what is the brand and model, or configuration of your computer. What tasks are you running when you get the hardware configuration error... or does it even boot.
Tell us as much as you can, so we can imagine what you are up against.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-configuration-error.147743/
Relevancy 24.08%

I tried the 'Safely Remove Hardware' but it ells me
"Windows can?t stop your Generic volume device because it is in use..."

I even made sure nothing was copied in the clipboard as I find this is usually the case but this time its not.

David

PS I am running vista

A:When 'Safely Remove Hardware' does now work - what now?

usually, you have a window open on one of the directories of the device.

Close all programs
Close all explorer windows

try the Safely Remove Hardware again

if it fails, do it still once more - - sometimes TWICE is require - - hey, it's windows

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/when-safely-remove-hardware-does-now-work-what-now.146715/
Relevancy 24.08%

This is something I struggle with every time I do a reformat on a strange machine If I m not able to write down the what hardware is in the machine I have a hell of a time determining which drivers I need Of course for some you can unknown after reformat? Determining hardware do a physical inspection and the product name is printed Determining unknown hardware after reformat? right on the side but with my killers are integrated video cards and network controls For example I just had to do a reformat of our Dell Vostro at work I wasn t able to write down what the network controller was or the graphics card are before hand Luckily there was only a few options for the network control listed on the dell site and I was able to get the right one on the first try But there are different cards and drivers listed on the dell site for the graphics cards gt lt So does anyone have a reliable way of determining which graphics card is running with integrated graphics cards Not just for this case but in general Thanks nbsp

A:Determining unknown hardware after reformat?

A method I used to use a long time ago was to open Device Manager and select the device

then go into Properties of that device and Details and select Hardware IDs

and then google pertinent parts of the IDs
In this case I'd google VEN_1002&DEV_9442 - but sometimes you have to search for different portions of the strings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/determining-unknown-hardware-after-reformat.146154/
Relevancy 22.79%

i just bought an nvidia Ge force 9400 gt and tried installing the drivers and i get an error message that says
(the nvidia setup program has detected that one or more Microsoft hardware installation wizards are active. do you want to continue with setup? click yes to minimize setup until you complete or cancel the other installation wizard(s). click no to exit setup.)
the installation wizard is trying to automatically install the hardware but if i go into control panel/administrative tools/plug and play and disable plug and play like i was told, the program says that there is no available graphics adapter but the original error message telling me other installation programs are running is gone. how am i supposed to install these drivers if windows is trying to install them with another program? How can i disable hardware install wizard so that it doesnt disable the graphics adapter PLEASE HELP!

A:Windows hardware installation manager overrides my Nvidia Geforce 9400 GT install

Follow these steps to install your new graphics card:

1. Download the latest drivers for your card. Clean all old video drivers from your system. You may use Driver Sweeper if you wish.
2. Shut your PC down and put the new GPU in the motherboard slot.
3. Start up the system and change your primary graphics adapter in BIOS to PCI-E (assuming you have a PCI-E card) or PCI / AGP.
4. After logging in to Windows just close the Hardware Installation Wizard when it comes up. Double click on the drivers you downloaded and it should be installed without any issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-hardware-installation-manager-overrides-my-nvidia-geforce-9400-gt-install.145908/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hey there everyone! I'm pretty new to this forum but i really need your help.

Earlier today i experience 2 different BSOD erros at different times, and for no apparent reason.

I'm not sure what the reason is for either of them since i just reformatted earlier today. I have the dump file for each of the BSODs. It is attached.

Could anyone possibly tell me what the problem could be? Thanks in advance

A:BSODs - (driver is mismanaging system PTEs, page fault in non-paged area)

nothing attached.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsods-driver-is-mismanaging-system-ptes-page-fault-in-non-paged-area.144785/
Relevancy 24.08%

hi everyone i am building myself a computer and i have all my hardware and everything already on the way i made the silly for cpu my hardware? case my work Will mistake and did not make sure everything would fit into my case Could you guys please take a look at my setup and let me know if everything should fit nicely with the least amount of budging stuff together Will my cpu case work for my hardware? thank you very much CASE http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E My Hardware http www newegg Will my cpu case work for my hardware? com Product Product aspx Item N E http www Will my cpu case work for my hardware? newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E i know that looking at this stuff will take awhile but i will really appreciate it thank you nbsp

A:Will my cpu case work for my hardware?

The Antec 900 is a fantastic case. All should work fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-my-cpu-case-work-for-my-hardware.144325/
Relevancy 24.08%

How do i turn down hardware acceleration on Vista or Windows 7?

A:Sound Hardware Acceleration

i searched this a few months ago and what I found was that you only are given the option if you card and its software are capable of doing it. if you can do it, click troubleshoot tab of the advanced display settings. it will be grayed out if you cant do it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-hardware-acceleration.144297/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hey everyone Im at a loss here and I am about to throw my PC off my balcony I have an asus P N -E SLI motherboard and I was upgrading my Nvidia issues after adding Vcore new hardware GT To an ATI HD I also installed a Corsair H liquid cooling system for My E Core Duo processor Needless to say everything was working before the hardware upgrade After installing the video card and H My Vcore issues after adding new hardware system posts and gives me a hardware monitor abnormal error message When i enter my Bios I was getting Vcore issues after adding new hardware errors with my voltage my V was showing and my Vcore was to high and was at I installed a new power supply watt modular zalman PSU to replace my watt corsair to see if that would fix my problem Now my V is fine but I am still getting for my Vcore settings My processor has NOT been overclocked everything is stock settings in the bios and my CPU will just over heat itself even sitting in the bios I replaced the liquid cooler back to my stock heatsink and installed my old video card I am still getting the same vcore rating I have reseated the processor reset my cmos and even updated my bios This is really driving me crazy I have a feeling my processor or my motherboard or both have become defective during this hardware upgrade and I have no idea why that could have happened With the liquid cooling my CPU was staying cool but the Vcore was just way too high and was really screwing with the system Would not load windows wouldn t even let me reinstall windows bit Any suggestions would be great but it looks like IM going to need to pick up a new board new processor and new memory for an i setup I planned on getting those parts anyways just it wont be for a month or two and would like to have my PC working until then I forgot to include that I have even tried manually setting the Vcore to and it will still post and show that its Please HELP nbsp

A:Vcore issues after adding new hardware

hi,
you check with SpeedFan and send the temperature.
ATI HD5850 is better, you resetting the graphics card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vcore-issues-after-adding-new-hardware.143740/