Windows Support Forum

Almost got my old scanner working w/Win7 64bit

Q: Almost got my old scanner working w/Win7 64bit

SO close Help me get this ball across the goal line I have a old quot Microtek ScanMaker E quot scsi flatbed scanner that originally came with an ISA scsi interface to give you some idea of how old it is I connected it to my PC using a equally ancient Tekram F pci SCSI card c 64bit my got scanner Almost w/Win7 old working that I ve been using with bit WinXP Pro for years The scanner has an - quot x quot scanning bed dpi and bit color reproduction It works great and I see no reason to spend a few hundred dollars to replace it just for Win compatibility so I m trying to get it to work with the bit Almost got my old scanner working w/Win7 64bit version of Windows To complicate things the company that made my SCSI card Tekram went out of business years ago so the bit XP driver was the last they made But after MUCH Googling I found a bit Win compatible driver for another card using the same chipset and low amp behold Windows recognized it It then quot detected quot my scanner for the first time but didn t have a driver Again after much searching I found a Vista bit version of Microtek s quot ScanWizard quot scanner software with bit driver and now bit Windows detects my scanner Yeah But when I try to access the scanner I get an error telling me I quot must install Color Matching System first quot for the scanner to work I don t remember any such software being needed to use the scanner with XP and there is no such program in the ScanWizard software I just installed searching online suggests I will also need to run an quot ICC Color Profiler quot Anyone have any ideas So close yet so far I love doing things I was told were quot impossible quot Help nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Almost got my old scanner working w/Win7 64bit

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Almost got my old scanner working w/Win7 64bit

That Microtek ScanMaker E3 scsi flatbed scanner ... didn't even work well with Windows XP... and the cost in time and components to attempt to make it work are much higher than a decent Canon or Epson scanner which can be had fof $40... Less if used...

On what system are you runny SCSI ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/almost-got-my-old-scanner-working-w-win7-64bit.157055/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello,

I just installed a new version of windows 7 64bit Ultimate. I am currently having an issue with obtaining a IP address using DHCP. I can connect using a Fixed IP address. Windows defaults to 169.X.X.X address and subnet mask of 255.255.0.0.

Any Ideas Of what could be the issue.

Machine has all latest patches and is fully registered licience

Thanks

A:DHCP - WIN7 64Bit - Not Working

Have you tried Control Panel, Windows Firewall, Troubleshooting my network while using DHCP?

Is DHCP Client started in Services?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/180694-dhcp-win7-64bit-not-working.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Whenever an autoplay window opens up it closes right out, i can not even get the autplay configuration menu to stay open under control panel.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win7-64bit-autoplay-not-working-properly.970486/
Relevancy 65.36%

My mom gave me her old printer since she got a new one and I want to see if I can use it on my computer that I recently installed Windows bit on It s a HP Photosmart I looked on the HP site for drivers but it seems there aren t any to download seeing as Win has a printer driver download thing built in So I looked for a driver specifically made for Photosmart but there aren t any When I looked for it on the web apparently there is an alternate I can use Deskjet which I installed from the quot Add a printer quot menu in the Devices and Printers window It detected my printer but it doesn t print When I try printing something I get errors So I came here to see what I could do to fix this I m not sure what the problem is Could I be using the incorrect drivers Or is it old to get Win7 on printer 64bit Trying working Solved: something else nbsp

Relevancy 65.36%

Recently I learned of the free upgrade to windows I was supposed to click on an icon in the task bar that did not appear I was instructed to check to update 64bit Windows working. not Win7 see if my Window updates were up to date I went to windows update and it did not function I followed the update steps listed in the post and had the following results Ran SURT it successfully completed ran sfc scannow as Admin got the following error 'Windows Windows update not working. Win7 64bit Resource protection could not perform the requested operation Tried windows update got error CBS Folder zipped is MB and will not upload Is there something in the folder that is needed specifically There are some Windows update not working. Win7 64bit big cab files Windows update not working. Win7 64bit in there I've zipped and attached the CBS log file Any assistance would be greatly appreciated I don't know when update stopped working as I haven't checked it in sometime Perhaps two months The update history shows updates to MSIE and not much else I have used CCleaner to clean my registry regularly but never saw any bad effects

A:Windows update not working. Win7 64bit

It looks to me like you have registry corruption.
I need to have a look at your COMPONENTS registry hive

Please copy the C:\Windows\System32\config\COMPONENTS file (no extension) to your desktop and then compress it - upload the compressed file to your favoured fileshare site (preferably Dropbox or OneDrive) and post a link.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/376535-windows-update-not-working-win7-64bit.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello Hopefully someone here could shed some light on this problem that have been messing with my mind since and S505 working Win7 not Printer 64bit Lexmark yesterday when I bought this printer I have e-mailed Lexmark support but honestly don t expect that much from it So I have this S all in one device I connect it Lexmark S505 Printer and Win7 64bit not working with USB NOT Wifi Note that it works fine when connected with USB in my Laptop which uses Vista bit The software and driver installation seems to go as it should and windows says the printer is ready to use When I try to print something Tried Paint Wordpad Mozilla Notepad the document shows up in the printing monitoring window but nothing happens it just gets stuck there If I try to cancel it it changes Lexmark S505 Printer and Win7 64bit not working status to cancelling but doesn t go away I get the error quot Communication not available the printer cannot communicate with the computer quot This also happens when I try to update the firmware Sometimes the firmware installer doesn t even find the printer although it shows up as ready to use in device manager Here s the weird thing though I have actually managed to print a few documents at what seems to be random occasions Then it just stops working again The printer itself works fine aswell when copying or printing the test page Here s Lexmark S505 Printer and Win7 64bit not working what I ve tried so far - Installing software and drivers from the CD that came with the printer - Installing software and drivers downloaded from Lexmark support - Not installing anything all previous lexmark installs deleted before and just plugging in the printer and let Windows download everything - Tested the USB cable in another printer works fine - Tried different USB ports which work with mouse amp keyboard - Dozens of different combinations of restarting computer and plugging unplugging the USB and power cables to the printer - Updated mobo chipset drivers etc I m going to add this because I struggled with another USB device a couple of weeks ago which I never got to work Might give someone an idea of what s wrong on my desktop I have a mobile Huawei E G device which also works fine on my laptop but I was never able to get it to work on my desktop Same thing here the computer recognized it and installed software and drivers but apparently wasn t able to communicate with the device because it never found any network Any pointers ideas whatever that could help me solve this is incredibly appreciated I m starting to get pretty frustrated nbsp

Relevancy 64.07%

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: DllHost.exe
Application Version: 6.1.7600.16385
Application Timestamp: 4a5bc6b7
Fault Module Name: RPCRT4.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17514
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ce7ba59
Exception Code: c0020043
Exception Offset: 0005cd99
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: fc2f
Additional Information 2: fc2f9cdd5d50de0305d154c272092cf2
Additional Information 3: df63
Additional Information 4: df63437e241613f141e08ab0b791f7a1
Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows
If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

A:Com Surrogate Stopped Working. Win7 Home Premium 64bit

This might help to understand things.

What does the COM Surrogate do and why does it always stop working? - The Old New Thing - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

I would start with sfc /scannow following the instruction.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/276304-com-surrogate-stopped-working-win7-home-premium-64bit.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi every one,

i have this machine which is causing too much headache for me,

this machine was having Windows XP 64 Bit,
and it had a lot of BSOD crashes, then i just decided that it's the time to make the move to Windows 7 for this high performance machine, since i was not able to upgrade to Windows 7 because of some applications just working on Windows XP 64 Bit, but now there is a copy of it,

Any way i'm still having those BSOD crashes,
I have replaced the SSD 500GB hard drive with another regular hard drive with no results,
tried to remove and install nVidia Driver,
tried to install a different version of that driver with no results,
tried to remove McAfee AV and installed Kaspersky Internet security 2013 also no result,

now i have grabbed all the data using SF Tool, and i really hope that u can help me with that issue.

thank you

A:BSOD Winxp 64bit, Win7 Pro 64bit many error codes

- you have Bugcheck 116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR
you may want to read this first STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

Code:
BugCheck 116, {fffffa800acaf010, fffff8800592c134, ffffffffc000009a, 4}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+8e4134 )
You can either try updating your NVIDIA drivers, or roll back to the most stable release (preferably WHQL'd)

- Uninstall your KIS 2013 as it's causing BSOD

Code:
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff88003594fa9, fffff88004409740, 0}

Probably caused by : klif.sys ( klif+95fa9 )

Followup: MachineOwner
klif.sys - Driver Reference Table
you can use the tools here Uninstallers (removal tools) for common antivirus software - ESET Knowledgebase

-

Code:
fffff880`038cba08 fffff880`04546802Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\klim6.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for klim6.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for klim6.sys
klim6+0x2802
This is part of KIS 2013, and apparently messing with your TCP/IP connections, which is in conjuction to:

Code:
fffff880`038cb9d8 fffff880`05b4784fUnable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\yk62x64.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for yk62x64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for yk62x64.sys
yk62x64+0x1884f
Marvell Yukon networking
after uninstalling KIS, update that driver Marvell - Support

- I see your MSINFO file is empty. can you reattach it again?

- If you overclock, return to your original settings
Overclock can cause many case of hardware problem from overheating and such

Code:
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 975 @ 3.33GHz"
MaxSpeed: 3330
CurrentSpeed: 3450

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/289925-bsod-winxp-64bit-win7-pro-64bit-many-error-codes.html
Relevancy 57.19%

how transfer data from win7 64bit to win xp 64bit?
I searched on google but not found anything, no software. I also tried WET 7xp-64bit but not working.

A:how transfer data from win7 64bit to win xp 64bit?

As you are moving the data in the reverse order to most people I am doubtful whether you will find specific software so I would connect the two computers by Team Viewer and use the file transfer facility.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/308202-how-transfer-data-win7-64bit-win-xp-64bit.html
Relevancy 57.19%

The two Win7 laptops see each other but, when I try to Homegroup with the Vista laptop I get an error "The RPC server is Unavailable"..did a search on here as well as the net and couldnt find any surefire solution or one thats understandable

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/290774-networking-2-win7-64bit-one-vista-64bit.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I have two 500 GB HDDs, and I installed Windows 7 64bit on one, and 32 bit on the other. When im in my 64 bit OS, I can't access my 32 bit HDD. When im in the 32 bit OS I CAN access the 64bit HDD.
From 32 bit I can access
32bit HDD
64bit HDD

From 64 bit OS i can access
64bit HDD
Why is this?

Relevancy 56.33%

I just bought a ThinkPad T400, and 8GB DDR3 upgrade kit. After first log on, I realized the Windows 7 is 32bit. How can I upgrade to Ultimate x64 instead?

Thanks for your help.

A:Win7 32bit Home Premium to Win7 64bit Ultimate: Possible without Clean

I think you have to Wipe and reinstall. You can't go from 32bit to 64bit over the top of the 32bit.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/256051-win7-32bit-home-premium-win7-64bit-ultimate-possible-without-clean.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey,

I purchased the Win 7 Pro Upgrade 32bit via digitalriver, but I've been doing some reseach and probably should have selected the 64bit version.

- Any ideas how I can get the 64bit version?

- For those who ordered the 32bit back-up disc kit for the extra $15 and have received it, does it come with both 32bit & 64bit?

- I've already installed and activated the 32bit version, but when I go to install the 64bit version, will I need to / is there a way to deactivate my initial 32bit install or will this not matter?

Thanks for your advice.

A:Reinstall Win7 32bit to Win7 64bit /backup disc content

Camo15, Welcome to SevenForums
The first two questions call Digital River about a refund and reorder. Have heard that some have had success with that. No need to un activate however if you decide to try to use that Key again then you will have to call MS and talk to them to make it work on another pc if that is your intent. Good luck to you and enjoy!

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/33203-reinstall-win7-32bit-win7-64bit-backup-disc-content.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Just wondering if it would be possible to backup a Win7 32bit system, install a Win7 64bit system then restore the 32bit to the 64bit system?

Simon

A:Macrium Reflect: Restore Win7 32bit to Win7 64bit?

NO -- a clean install is required to move from one to the other. IF you restore an MR backup over an install, it replaces the entire contents of the partition. So basically, you would be going back to the version that you saved to backup.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/174638-macrium-reflect-restore-win7-32bit-win7-64bit.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a new Toshiba Laptop Win bit CORE i I would 32bit Win7 hdd Cannot desktop read 64bit laptop on new from old Win7 like to run via usb and old hdd from my desktop which was bit Win I have the old hard drive in a SATA enclosure and running it via USB to my laptop When I attempt to either copy or read the old hard drive I get a write protect error Cannot read hdd from old desktop Win7 32bit on new laptop Win7 64bit I have tried the MS registry changes to remove quot write protection quot but the registry entry they call for is non existent in my laptop registry My last post on this was annotated as solved but my explanation was weak I do not want to run this drive as a permanent addition to my system I just need to copy some files from the old drive to the new one If I attempt to use Control Panel Disk Management it tells me the old drive is not quot initialized quot Both options to initialize don't work Cannot read hdd from old desktop Win7 32bit on new laptop Win7 64bit Please help I have some very important medical records that must be copied from old hdd to new

A:Cannot read hdd from old desktop Win7 32bit on new laptop Win7 64bit

Have you tried connecting the old hard drive to the old computer using the SATA connection then connecting your laptop to your network before copying the files over?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/232048-cannot-read-hdd-old-desktop-win7-32bit-new-laptop-win7-64bit.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi all Hope all is well I just purchased a Toshiba Satellite P -S laptop with Windows Home Premium -bit SP already installed and would like to upgrade it Windows Ultimate I had already purchased a retail version for Win Ultimate before the full version not the upgrade and would like to use this for the upgrade I looked around the forums for some Home Upgrade Win7 64bit Ultimate Win7 Premium from to advice and found some very useful Upgrade from Win7 Home Premium 64bit to Win7 Ultimate stuff but I would appreciate if someone could help with Upgrade from Win7 Home Premium 64bit to Win7 Ultimate the following My apologies if the answers were posted already Must have missed them I read about the Windows Anytime Upgrade feature Will AU work with the full Win Ultimate retail key or does it specifically work with an upgrade key If I use the AU and it is successful will the new Win Ultimate key be converted to an OEM version as well The full-version retail key I have gives me the right to install this to computers I do not want to lose this right since I may use it for different computers in the future Is it better to go for AU or a clean install of Win Since I just purchased the laptop I have no personal data or programs installed so I do not have to worry about losing data However Toshiba has certain software installed with the laptop My understanding of a clean install is that everything will be wiped clean and then necessary software e g drivers etc need to be installed again On the other hand once I upgrade to Ultimate perhaps some of this software will become obsolete I am leaning towards AU since it looks less of an hassle and I am not that tech savvy but I read that a clean install may increase performance by getting rid of the 'bloatware' Any advice on this would be appreciated Thank you in advance

A:Upgrade from Win7 Home Premium 64bit to Win7 Ultimate

What`s the need for the upgrade ? Save your Retail Ultimate for another build. But someone will be along to answer your question.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/254962-upgrade-win7-home-premium-64bit-win7-ultimate.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi folks I have searched through the various threads that deal with this a Boot second on 32bit Dual SSD and 64bit drive Win7 Win7 topic but have not seen anything that deals with this specifically I have a custom built computer I put together last Dual Boot Win7 32bit and Win7 64bit on a second SSD drive year I installed Win bit at the time because I didn't want to bite the bullet and reinstall everything That time has now arrived My computer has i Core GHz GB Ram TB HDD Win bit installed GB HDD I purchased an OEM DVD of Windows Home Premium bit and an Intel GB SSD drive I want to install the SSD drive on the computer and install Win bit OS as a DUAL BOOT This way I will be able to choose to migrate my applications Dual Boot Win7 32bit and Win7 64bit on a second SSD drive at my own pace As I install a bit version of my Photoshop CS for example I will delete it in the bit OS once I have all my settings brushes etc moved over Should I Install the SSD Dual Boot Win7 32bit and Win7 64bit on a second SSD drive and get it recognized by the BIOS and the bit OS Boot from the DVD of the bit OS and choose the SSD as the location of the installation Reboot the computer after installation complete and at that point I should get the dual boot screen The above is how I understand the process based on some tutorials I've seen for dual booting XP and Vista Does this work for Win and Win

A:Dual Boot Win7 32bit and Win7 64bit on a second SSD drive

Easy - install the SSD and disconnect all the HDDs. Then install Win7 on the SSD and make the SSD second in the boot sequence (first should be the CD/DVD reader). Then reconnect the HDDs.

When you want to boot from your 32bit system, temporarily change the boot sequence (usually via F12 at power-on).

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/290814-dual-boot-win7-32bit-win7-64bit-second-ssd-drive.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello I have purchased and downloaded both bit and bit Windows Professional no CDs or media here only download version I sucessfully upgraded from Vista to Win Then I upgrade (32bit) error Win7 Win7 (64bit) to install upgraded my hard disk Gb GB and RAM GB to to GB Now I would like to go from Win bit to bit When I try and run the Win -P-retail-en-us x exe file it upacks the box then stops with this error quot We are unable to create or save files in the folder in which this application was downloaded Please check the folder properties to make sure that you have security permission on the folder to write flies and that that folder is not read only quot I am the System Admin and I have full rights and have moved the exe and the setup box files to My Documentsand I have modified the directory properties attributes but I still get the same error over and over I searched the posts and some people stated one needs a clean install others say you can upgrade from any version so I am trying the upgrade here especially since the upgrade from Vista to Win was smooth and did require all the extra work of a reinstall Can someone help me here Thanks

A:Win7 (32bit) to Win7 (64bit) upgrade install error

I believe to go from 32-bit to 64-bit, you will have to boot off the DVD. The installer is a 64 bit application that won't run under 32-bit. Find instructions to create a DVD if you don't already have it.

Good luck!

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/36858-win7-32bit-win7-64bit-upgrade-install-error.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I am working on 32bit 64bit Win7 Installing machine? Win7 on a Dell Studio running Win Home Premium I need to run a piece of hardware Tascam US that is incompatiable with the bit OS My plan is to partition the drive and install Win bit on the new partition so I can run the mentioned hardware I ve done this on another machine Dual Boot XP and Win and ran into a problems with the bootloader I learned to install older OS FIRST because of that I m wondering if installing Win bit on a current Win bit machine will cause a similar problem with bootloaders I d rather not have to mess with the Installing Win7 32bit on Win7 64bit machine? bootloaders but I really need to run this hardware And since this is a Dell with touchscreen and most IMPORTANTLY a friend s computer I want to be sure I m not going to cause issues I can t fix So again will installing Win bit on a new partition of a Win bit machine cause problems with the bootloader or any other foreseeable problems Thanks a bunch

A:Installing Win7 32bit on Win7 64bit machine?

http://tascam.com/content/downloads/products/311/US-122_Win_driver_3_40_notes_E.pdf

This says that the drivers work with 64-bit Vista. Have you tried using the Vista driver?

Driver: http://tascam.com/content/downloads/products/311/US122_Win_3.40f.zip

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/441033/installing-win7-32bit-on-win7-64bit-machine/
Relevancy 55.9%

OEM SSD Win7 64 bit on C: I installed a new SSD with Win7 64bit to use as a test drive, but I can't boot to it. I can see the new SSD drive when I am in C:. It is labeled as E: I never gave it a drive letter. Does Win7 issue drive letter sutomatically? When I go into the BIOS at boot up I can't see it. I can boot to it if I remove the power to the C: so it can only boot to the new SSD.

A:Dual Boot issues.. Win7 64 bit & Win7 64bit

Post a snapshot of a full screen Disk Management:

To open Disk Management, press Windows key+r, type diskmgmt.msc and press Enter or click GO. Make it full screen.

See here: How to Use the Snipping Tool in Vista - Vista Forums (says it's for Vista but also works with Win 7).

Once you have the image saved, click on the Paperclip Icon next to the Smiley Icon.
In the Manage Attachments window, click Browse and navigate to where you saved the image and select it.
Click the Upload button.
Close the Manage Attachments window.
Click on the Paperclip Icon again and select the image you uploaded. It will be placed in your post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/263522-dual-boot-issues-win7-64-bit-win7-64bit.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi,
I'm presently running Win7 Pro 32bit on an Intel Core2Duo 2.4Ghz 775 socket.

I've just purchased a i5 760 processor, an Intel H55 chipset Mobo, and 8GB of ram.

My copy of Win7 Pro 32bit was acquired through the college I was attending.
I have the installation disk and the license number.

When I reinstall Win7 Pro on my new set up, what do I need to do to make it a 64bit install?

I plan to use to the same installation disk and license number.

thanks
Mitch

A:upgrade from win7 pro 32bit to win7 pro 64bit with same licence

You will need the 64-bit DVD for a clean install
Clean Install Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/133709-upgrade-win7-pro-32bit-win7-pro-64bit-same-licence.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I am looking at getting new CPU and don't know which way to go.
Windows7 64x or windows7 32x. My Notebook is Win7 32 can I network together with no problems (well almost no problems)

A:Network 64bit win7 to a 32bit win7

they will network just fine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/79052-network-64bit-win7-32bit-win7.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I am trying to upgrade from Win bit to Win bit A tech instalked a new HDD for me and put Win bit on it I have another drive that has Win bit on it that I would like to put Win bit on I have the new bit Win7 win7 from upgrade 64bit 32bit to cd and can read directions I just have no directions to tell me how to do it The HDD I want to install on has been formatted Win bit however there is nothing on it of value now so I am ready to do this thing I have read the directions on how to do a clean install but have no way to know if this would be classed as a clean install I may not be the brightest bulb upgrade from win7 32bit to Win7 64bit on the tree but I am very careful It's been a few years since I've had the hood up on a computer but I do know my way around inside even know what some of those things are in upgrade from win7 32bit to Win7 64bit there If there is some one out there that can set me on the right road to do this thing I will certainly appreciate it Thanks DonS

A:upgrade from win7 32bit to Win7 64bit

Hello Don, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Is this going to be installed in another computer, or are you having both hard drives in your current computer to dual boot?

Do you have separate product key number for the second installation?

If it's going to be installed on a separate computer and you have a second key to activate with, then yeah you could do a clean install with it like in the tutorial below.

Clean Install Windows 7

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/327289-upgrade-win7-32bit-win7-64bit.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi Just got 64bit 64bit 2010 for add-in MS Office not working MathType into the flavour of windows for a couple of days and I'm lovin' it Now I installed Microsoft Office Professional Plus bit on my system Then I tried to use the Mathtype plugin a but I cannot make it to work What I've done so far Installed MS Office Professional Plus bit successfully Installed Mathtype a successfully Copied the following files in C Program Files Microsoft Office Office STARTUP C Program Files Math Type MathPage MathPage wll C Program MathType add-in not working for 64bit MS Office 2010 64bit Files Math Type Office Support MathType Commands For Word dotm C Program Files Math Type Office Support WordCmds dot What is the error I am getting When I open MS Word there is a macro warning as usual and when I quot Enable Content quot the following error screen pops up When I press quot OK quot I get the following error screen The quot Help quot button shows me the following windows help Is it possible to integrate the add-in to the MS Office

A:MathType add-in not working for 64bit MS Office 2010 64bit

We at Design Science are working on 64-bit office compatibility for MathType. However, the current version is not recommended for use with Office 2010. More importantly, Microsoft doesn't even recommend installing 64-bit Office, even on 64-bit Windows, unless you really, really need it. See 64-bit editions of Office 2010.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/97666-mathtype-add-not-working-64bit-ms-office-2010-64bit.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I first had windows vista 64 bit that came pre installed on my gateway laptop I got in june. My college (Arkansas State University) put the 32 bit windows 7 enterprise on the school website for anyone who wanted to install it. Well I went to install it and it said it couldn't go from a 64 bit to 32 bit but my roomate told me to pick the custom install option and then it worked. Now I saw that they have the 64 bit version able to be installed. Would there be any reason why I should upgrade to the 64 bit version or would it just be pointless? Thanks!

A:Win7-32bit to Win7-64Bit

Quote: Originally Posted by Matt101905

I first had windows vista 64 bit that came pre installed on my gateway laptop I got in june. My college (Arkansas State University) put the 32 bit windows 7 enterprise on the school website for anyone who wanted to install it. Well I went to install it and it said it couldn't go from a 64 bit to 32 bit but my roomate told me to pick the custom install option and then it worked. Now I saw that they have the 64 bit version able to be installed. Would there be any reason why I should upgrade to the 64 bit version or would it just be pointless? Thanks!

matt if you have less that 4 gigs of ram pointless. It depends more on what you do with your computer than anything else

Ken J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/48560-win7-32bit-win7-64bit.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a Dell Laptop 1525 Inspiron. I upgraded from Vista about 6mos age. It was 32 bit. Now i have upgraded the Celeron 32 bit
processor to a dual core 64 bit Intel processor. The machine runs fine except I am unable to upgrade win 7 to 64 Bit. I try to
boot up and use the upgrade option and it tells me i must start win7 normally and then run upgrade option. that fails too. Anyone
got any ideas hoe to make the change?

Thanks in Advance

A:Win7 32bit to Win7 64bit

You can't upgrade a 32-bit installation to a 64-bit installation in the sense you're talking about. A clean install is needed.Back up your personal files and choose the Custom option during installation.http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/32-bit-and-64-bit-Windows-frequently-asked-questions

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/442297/win7-32bit-to-win7-64bit/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello all,

I upgraded my system to Windows 7 32bit (from Vista) back when there was the student discount. And am regretting it now since i work in Photoshop all the time and need more RAM to suppose the work i do. So i'm looking to upgrade my system to the 64bit equivalent of what i already have (Home Premium).
I understand you can't use the Windows Anytime Upgrade for a 32bit to 64 bit upgrade. I also understand you need to do a clean install, which is no problem.

So what my question is, is what product should i buy exactly? Can i get away with an upgrade only? Or do i have to buy the full product?
I still have my Vista CD, so i could re-install the 64bit version of that, then buy the Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit upgrade?
Or is there a simpler way?

Cheers.

A:Win7 HP 32bit - Win7 HP 64bit

Welcome!

You can buy the Upgrade key because you have a previous OS already (Windows 7 32-bit).

You don't need to do anything with Vista, however. You can do a clean install with the upgrade copy. Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version

Hope this helps,
~JK

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/68191-win7-hp-32bit-win7-hp-64bit.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello!

I am currently using Windows 7 Home Basic 32bit. I acquired Windows 7 Professional 64bit through MSDNAA and was wondering about how the OS change will go.

What I'm worried about are my files. I currently have about 200gb worth of data on my drive and I have no extra harddrives to make backups.

Because I'm going from 32bit to 64bit, I read that a clean install is required for this type of change. My question is, will my files be placed in a "windows.old" folder? Or will I be required to buy an external drive and transfer them all in order to keep them?

Are there any other things that I must keep in mind?

Thank you in advance for any help and responses!

A:Win7 32bit to Win7 64bit

If you're doing a clean install then you will lose all data. I would highly reccomend an external HD to back up your files

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/135230-win7-32bit-win7-64bit.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi

My Canon LiDE 600F scanner is failing to install on Windows 7 (64bit) (version 6.1 build 7600).

This scanner works fine on WindowsXP, however.

I spoke Canon about this and they obviously get this complaint all the time and they say that their drivers (which they have failed to up date ) work "just fine" and that it is a problem with Windows 7 itself and that I need to speak to Microsoft (!)

Driver: ScanGear CS version 12.12 (released on: 13-07-2007)
Download filename: lide600fvst641212ea16.exe
CanoScan LiDE 600F

Well we all know how hard it is to get technical support out of Microsoft directly...

What should I do phone microsoft? Or is there a special forum that they support?

Please advise.
John
John Smith

A:Canon LiDE 600F scanner fails to install on Windows 7 64bit

Hi shiphen , copy over the " Twain32.dll" from xp and download and install the canon toolbox drivers Canon U.S.A. : Support & Drivers : CanoScan LiDE 600F

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/103212-canon-lide-600f-scanner-fails-install-windows-7-64bit.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I want to install windows 7 ultimate 64bit on a other parition as dual dual boot or reinstall. I have a very important file about 237gb in my 2 tb hard disk. I dont have a another pc or hard disk. I have backed up my files in the created partion in my pc. I want to go from win 7 32 bit to work with 64 bit apps. Pls help. I dont want to delete data. I have 5 part in hard disk.Local Disk, Data Volume(Precious), Songs Volume, Backup volume. Unused New volume(100gb). How to install win 7 64bit volume. Help. Pls

A:How to Install Win7 64bit on Win7 32bit using Custom install,No Format

Install the 64 bit to your new volume 100 gb . You need to be careful to point the instakller at the new volume 100gb.

Instructions are here: Clean Install Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/396712-how-install-win7-64bit-win7-32bit-using-custom-install-no-format.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Is it possible to upgrade in place from win7 32bit to win7 64bit.

Is it better to do a clean new 64bit install?

thank-you!

A:upgrade win7 32bit to win7 64bit "in place" ?

A fresh install is your only option

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/32850-upgrade-win7-32bit-win7-64bit-place.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I'm looking for a good quality scanner to scan hundreds of old pictures.
I have seen many but wanted to see what you guys could suggest that works well with Win7 32 bit and using USB.

Thanks

A:What scanner are you using with Win7?

Some one earlier mentioned an Epson All In One that would take a batch scan and straighten and separate each photo into it's own file. Otherwise, photoshop will also do that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/134147-what-scanner-you-using-win7.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi, I just built a new rig for my sister, system specs are in my profile.

More than not it runs great, but at random it will BSOD followed by more until you do a complete shutdown.

A few days ago alot of data was corrupted after a BSOD, so it has a fresh install with the latest drivers.

If anyone could help it'd be greatly appreciated.

A:Win7 Pro 64bit

Quote: Originally Posted by Brodix

Hi, I just built a new rig for my sister, system specs are in my profile.

More than not it runs great, but at random it will BSOD followed by more until you do a complete shutdown.

A few days ago alot of data was corrupted after a BSOD, so it has a fresh install with the latest drivers.

If anyone could help it'd be greatly appreciated.

Usual causes: Disk corruption, insufficient physical memory, Device driver, Indexing, Resident antivirus, backup, defrag programs, Disk/Drive failing/failure

I would deal with these first
Memory-- download memtestx86 and run it for at least 5 passes.

System files- run a system file check
(type cmd in search>right click and run as admin>sfc /scannow)
Let us know these results.

If that doesnt fix it we will get more aggressive

Let us know if you need help

Ken.

Code:
050210-21824-01.dmp 5/2/2010 5:19:40 PM NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM 0x00000024 00000000`001904fb fffff880`08370358 fffff880`0836fbc0 fffff800`02cdb805 Ntfs.sys Ntfs.sys+213d8 x64 C:\Users\K\Desktop\New folder (3)\050210-21824-01.dmp 4 15 7600
050210-22916-01.dmp 5/2/2010 5:09:16 PM NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM 0x00000024 00000000`001904fb fffff880`081f65e8 fffff880`081f5e50 fffff800`02daa90d Ntfs.sys Ntfs.sys+213d8 x64 C:\Users\K\Desktop\New folder (3)\050210-22916-01.dmp 4 15 7600
050110-23368-01.dmp 5/1/2010 7:09:08 PM SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x0000003b 00000000`c0000005 fffff800`02df5f8c fffff880`025a2ef0 00000000`00000000 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+70600 x64 C:\Users\K\Desktop\New folder (3)\050110-23368-01.dmp 4 15 7600
050110-23462-01.dmp 5/1/2010 7:11:18 PM SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x0000003b 00000000`c0000005 fffff800`02f997ff fffff880`0715a750 00000000`00000000 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+70600 x64 C:\Users\K\Desktop\New folder (3)\050110-23462-01.dmp 4 15 7600
050210-22089-01.dmp 5/2/2010 5:34:52 PM SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x0000003b 00000000`c0000005 fffff960`002f95db fffff880`06c2c1e0 00000000`00000000 win32k.sys win32k.sys+2095db x64 C:\Users\K\Desktop\New folder (3)\050210-22089-01.dmp 4 15 7600
050210-22167-01.dmp 5/2/2010 5:15:50 PM SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x0000003b 00000000`c0000005 fffff800`02cc7497 fffff880`08048080 00000000`00000000 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+70600 x64 C:\Users\K\Desktop\New folder (3)\050210-22167-01.dmp 4 15 7600
050210-22994-01.dmp 5/2/2010 5:03:54 PM SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x0000003b 00000000`c0000005 fffff800`02def0bf fffff880`08273020 00000000`00000000 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+70600 x64 C:\Users\K\Desktop\New folder (3)\050210-22994-01.dmp 4 15 7600

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/82351-win7-pro-64bit.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi Guys,

I need to be able to run IE7 in either 32 or 64 bit.

Is there a way?

Would it require the Use of virtual PC?

And if so Where may I learn of how to setup and run Virtual PC ?

Thank you!

A:I need to be abe to Run IE7 How May I on 64bit Win7?

Why do you need IE7 specifically?

You cant install it on win7 natively but virtually you could.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/17930-i-need-abe-run-ie7-how-may-i-64bit-win7.html
Relevancy 49.88%

So.... I'm very impressed with Windows 7 RC, but I have one inexplicable problem: my Canoscan D1250U2F scanner won't install. The peculiar thing is that it installed and ran with the Beta, but now the RC simply will not even acknowledge that the scanner is there. The system gives me a sound tone when I remove the cable and plug it back in, but no message box comes up. I have plenty of alternatives for scanner drivers, etc. but you can't install a USB scanner if the system can't see it. Again, it worked with the BETA!?

Any suggestions welcomed!

A:Scanner Problems with Win7 RC

So bizarre! I changed the scanner to a different USB port, and the system saw it! Fooled around a bit... and I got it running! KUDOS to Windows 7!
I am now running everything I had on XP, including some legacy apps like Omnipage Pro Version 9 ( for some reason, it took 10 minutes to start running the setup program???) and the built in voice recognition is almost as good as Dragon Speaking. I AM IMPRESSED!

Thanks, Microsoft!

Jim Dodds

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/13412-scanner-problems-win7-rc.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,

My win7 64bit keeps crashing. I have problem opening up crash dump file, which gives "ntoskrnl.exe" errors. Can anyone figure out what minidump file pointing to?

Bitlocker is turned off, and if it's the problem of PCIIDEX.SYS (PCI IDE Bus Driver Extension), how can I update it? Thanks!

My PC:
Intel Core2Duo E6400
ASUS P5E
Nvidia 8600GTS
Seagate 7200.12 SATA 500GB

A:BSOD Win7 64bit , Help!

Do u have any other minidumps, didn't see much from the one u post

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.12.0002.633 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\TUANTR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$DI00.190\061210-15600-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available
Symbol search path is: SRV*e:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (2 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16539.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`0404c000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`04289e50
Debug session time: Sat Jun 12 15:17:01.545 2010 (UTC - 7:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:42:53.808
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *
Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.
BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff80004107a83, 0, 45b292a6}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiDpcInterrupt+173 )
---------
1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1e)
This is a very common bugcheck. Usually the exception address pinpoints
the driver/function that caused the problem. Always note this address
as well as the link date of the driver/image that contains this address.
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffffffc0000005, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: fffff80004107a83, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Parameter 0 of the exception
Arg4: 0000000045b292a6, Parameter 1 of the exception
Debugging Details:
------------------

EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.
FAULTING_IP:
nt!KiDpcInterrupt+173
fffff800`04107a83 4c8b4dd0 mov r9,qword ptr [rbp-30h]
EXCEPTION_PARAMETER1: 0000000000000000
EXCEPTION_PARAMETER2: 0000000045b292a6
READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800042f40e0
0000000045b292a6
ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1E_c0000005
CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: StarEdit.exe
CURRENT_IRQL: 0
EXCEPTION_RECORD: fffff8800a9389e8 -- (.exr 0xfffff8800a9389e8)
ExceptionAddress: fffff80004107a83 (nt!KiDpcInterrupt+0x0000000000000173)
ExceptionCode: c0000005 (Access violation)
ExceptionFlags: 00000000
NumberParameters: 2
Parameter[0]: 0000000000000000
Parameter[1]: 0000000045b292a6
Attempt to read from address 0000000045b292a6
TRAP_FRAME: fffff8800a938a90 -- (.trap 0xfffff8800a938a90)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=000000007efdb000 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=fffffa8004cf7720
rdx=0000000000000000 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff80004107a83 rsp=fffff8800a938c20 rbp=fffff8800a938ca0
r8=fffffa8005afd9a8 r9=00000000... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/91008-bsod-win7-64bit-help.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,

I'd like to know if it's possible to read the contents of a dll file on a Win7 64 bit installation?

Thanks.

A:How can I read a dll in Win7 64bit?

Yes, it is possible to read the contents of a dll file with the appropriate software. But why do you wish to do this? DLL's contain binary data that has no meaning except to an advanced programmer. To anyone else it would be a series of meaningless numbers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-can-i-read-a-dll-in-win7-64bit-550166.html
Relevancy 49.45%

hi,
i am building a new intel i5 based system.
problem: system will freeze after a couple of minutes

i can "force" the freeze simply by going to the motherboard driver page (of all places) and scroll down a bit... bam

going thru the event manager i get nothing that can help.
the only errors are win7 complaining after the sudden forced reboot....

i run mem86 and hd diagnostics and cpu strees test in dos and found nothing.
what is the best way to attack this problem?

A:freezeing win7 64bit

We don't have much to go on. Right off the top of my head, I suggest that you check your graphics card and sound card drivers. You may have to experiment with the drivers to get the right ones.

Please fill out your system information. Go to your User CP at the top of the page, look in the left column and click on Edit system specs. Filling in your specs will help us help you.

You can make this easier by downloading Speccy.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/93674-freezeing-win7-64bit.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello I recently bought a new computer and installed windows proffesional i think And i get randomly BSOP and onetime my computer freezed Very annoying I did a memtest for a pretty long time and it said quot no errors quot I'm dont know how to check if all my drivers are good or even if i have all i need So hopefully thats the problem if someone pls could tell me how to check this Here is the stuff i bought and build together AMD Phenom II win7 BSOP 64bit X BSOP win7 64bit Black Edition Quad Core Ghz AM MB W Boxed ASUS M A GTD PRO USB Socket-AM ATX AMD GX SB DDR xPCIe x VGA DV Corsair Dominator DHX DDR MHz GB Kit w x GB XMS modules CL - - BSOP win7 64bit - for AMD Phe Gainward GeForce GTX GB PhysX CUDA PCI-Express quot Golden Sample - GS quot GDDR xDVI I'm not sure what power supply i got but it is w and im pretty sure its corsair relativly cheap dvdburner and stuff like that i already had What else can i do dumpfiles are attached but i havent looked at them cause i dont know how

A:BSOP win7 64bit

Hello and Welcome !

You have excluded few files from the folder. Please add them and attach it back.

Seems like one of the cause for the crash is AtiPcie.sys i would recommend to uninstall your Display Drivers completely and reinstall from a fresh download. If that didn't fix it go to C:\Windows\Drivers and rename AtiPcie.sys to AtiPcie.old and reboot the System and see if that makes any difference

Mostly probably it could be a Hardware issue because of the different types of crashes your having. Follow this link and Run a Memory, Hard drive and Display Device Diagnostic Hardware Diagnostic !! ? Captain Debugger

Bugcheck:

Code:
RQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If a kernel debugger is available get the stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffffffffffff8c, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000000, bitfield :
bit 0 : value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
bit 3 : value 0 = not an execute operation, 1 = execute operation (only on chips which support this level of status)
Arg4: fffff800031a7f91, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------
READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800032f80e0
ffffffffffffff8c

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

FAULTING_IP:
nt!PpmCheckRecordAllUtility+251
fffff800`031a7f91 03418b add eax,dword ptr [rcx-75h]

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA

PROCESS_NAME: System

TRAP_FRAME: fffff80000b9c2f0 -- (.trap 0xfffff80000b9c2f0)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=0000000000000001 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=0000000000000001
rdx=0000000000000001 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff800031a7f91 rsp=fffff80000b9c480 rbp=0000000000000001
r8=0000000000000001 r9=fffff80000b9c4b0 r10=0000000000000000
r11=3333333333333333 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz na pe nc
nt!PpmCheckRecordAllUtility+0x251:
fffff800`031a7f91 03418b add eax,dword ptr [rcx-75h] ds:0d61:ffffffff`ffffff8c=????????
Resetting default scope

MISALIGNED_IP:
nt!PpmCheckRecordAllUtility+251
fffff800`031a7f91 03418b add eax,dword ptr [rcx-75h]

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff800030bfca9 to fffff800030c0740

STACK_TEXT:
fffff800`00b9c1a8 fffff800`030bfca9 : 00000000`0000000a ffffffff`ffffff8c 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff800`00b9c1b0 fffff800`030be920 : 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 : nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x69
fffff800`00b9c2f0 fffff800`031a7f91 : fffff800`00000064 00000000`00000000 00000003`dd31a2a3 00000003`a6b36446 : nt!KiPageFault+0x260
fffff800`00b9c480 fffff800`031792bc : fffffa80`00000003 fffff800`00000000 fffff800`00000003 fffff800`00b9c600 : nt!PpmCheckRecordAllUtility+0x251
fffff800`00b9c510 fffff800`031a9890 : 00000000`0032d575 fffff800`00b9c600 00000000`00000001 fffff800`030ca27a : nt!PpmCheckRun+0x8c
fffff800`00b9c540 fffff800`030cc29e : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`00000000 00000000`403c1288 00000000`0000000d : nt!PpmCheckStart+0x40
fffff800`00b9c570 fffff800`030cbdd6 : fffff800`03262290 00000000`0004df3a 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiProcessTimerDpcTable+0x66
fffff800`00b9c5e0 fffff800`030cc4be : 0000000b`98e23433 fffff800`00b9cc58 00000000`0004df3a fffff800`0323d9c8 : nt!KiProcessExpiredTimerList+0xc6
fffff800`00b9cc30 fffff800`030cbcb7 : 00000003`dd3195c1 00000003`0004df3a 00000003`dd319598 00000000`0000003a : nt!KiTimerExpiration+0x1be
fffff800`00b9ccd0 fffff800`030c8eea : fffff800`0323ae80 fffff800`03248c40 00000000`00000000 fffff880`00e054c0 : nt!KiRetireDpcList+0x277
fffff800`00b9cd80 00000000`00000000 : fffff800`00b9d000 ff... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/126794-bsop-win7-64bit.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,

My Windows 7 64bit keeps crashing. I have problem opening up crash dump file, which gives "ntoskrnl.exe" errors. Can anyone figure out what minidump file pointing to?

Bitlocker is turned off, and if it's the problem of PCIIDEX.SYS (PCI IDE Bus Driver Extension), how can I update it? Thanks!

My PC:
Intel Core2Duo E6400
ASUS P5E
Nvidia 8600GTS
Seagate 7200.12 SATA 500GB

A:BSOD Win7 64bit , Help!

I suspect the issue is caused by the notorious 2005 version of the ASACPI.sys driver.

Please read this post for instructions on updating it: http://www.sevenforums.com/787431-post2.html

If problems persist, please enable driver verifier: Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Drivers

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY
Code:

Debug session time: Wed May 26 20:26:36.922 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:54:54.185
BugCheck 3B, {c000001d, fffff8000418318d, fffff8800b026fd0, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!AlpcpDispatchReplyToWaitingThread+18d )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B
PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Debug session time: Fri Jun 25 18:01:06.537 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 4:52:47.800
BugCheck A, {fffffffffdf9bc06, c, 0, fffff80004105305}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KeFlushTb+d5 )
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Debug session time: Fri Jun 18 21:19:53.820 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 6:08:15.800
BugCheck D1, {fffff8000510bfc8, 2, 8, fffff8000510bfc8}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiPageFault+260 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xD1
Debug session time: Thu Jun 17 07:56:26.069 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:02.332
BugCheck 1A, {3452, 7fefdcfc000, fffff70001080ba8, 4000014f006000}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+33a23 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_3452
PROCESS_NAME: wermgr.exe
Debug session time: Sat Jun 12 18:17:01.545 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:42:53.808
BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff80004107a83, 0, 45b292a6}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiDpcInterrupt+173 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1E_c0000005
PROCESS_NAME: StarEdit.exe
Debug session time: Mon Jun 7 14:40:32.680 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:26:47.943
BugCheck A, {46a8085d0, 2, 1, fffff800040c0085}
Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VidSchiAdjustWorkerThreadPriority+19e )
PROCESS_NAME: dwm.exe
Debug session time: Thu Jun 3 21:53:09.537 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 12:38:45.800
BugCheck 50, {ffffffffffffff84, 1, fffff80004186415, 0}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiQueuePageAccessLog+5 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50
Debug session time: Wed Jun 2 15:56:52.867 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:10:57.130
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff800040808a9, fffff8800ad5e1e0, 0}
Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!GetQueueStatus+e )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B
PROCESS_NAME: chrome.exe
Debug session time: Tue Jun 1 14:57:18.225 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:52:20.350
BugCheck A, {fffff50009fd4fa8, 2, 1, fffff8000400e42c}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for fvevol.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for fvevol.sys
Probably caused by : PCIIDEX.SYS ( PCIIDEX!BmSetup+6b )
PROCESS_NAME: ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/93721-bsod-win7-64bit-help.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have subscribed to a poll-thread 64bit I Can Win7? install Windows Bit Versus Bit Of views only have voted so is hardly a survey only those who are fans maybe of x bit Using Alexander Nolan's quot SysSpec quot I think my Toshiba laptop might be suited to x bit Toshiba Satellite C OS Can I install 64bit Win7? Windows Home Premium Edition Service Pack Build OEM factory installed Total Memory GB Usable GB CPU Info Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Motherboard TOSHIBA Portable PC BIOS InsydeH O Version SM BIOS Hard drive TOSHIBA MK GSX GB Display Adapters NVIDIA GeForce M NVIDIA GeForce M RDPDD Chained DD RDP Encoder Sound Card NVIDIA High Definition Audio NVIDIA High Definition Audio Conexant SmartAudio HD NVIDIA High Definition Audio NVIDIA High Definition Audio Mirror Driver RDP Reflector Display Driver Video Card NVIDIA GeForce M From posts in the poll I suspect I can upgrade from x OS to x OS maybe I am currently downgrading a Dell laptop from Win x bit to Win x If my Toshiba specs are designed for -bit would upgrading clean install current Win -bit to -bit improve performance Business use only no gamers web browsing email downloads printing x each week I would appreciate any feedback

A:Can I install 64bit Win7?

Hello Russell,

Yes, your i5-2410M CPU supports 64-bit.

If you like, you will be able to do a clean install of 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium using the same product key.

As for performance, I don't think you'll notice any or much difference for how you use your PC.

Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/307446-can-i-install-64bit-win7.html
Relevancy 49.45%

So I Plugged My Normal setup Logitech X- Mic plugged in keyboard and Headset plugged into the Logitech Control So at first Win7 Ventrilo-64bit + people couldn t hear me on Ventrilo and stuff so i had to play with all setting available on Win Messy stuff And finally put my mic on Boost db So the quality isn t really there and when i play css it sounds pretty horrible And now new problem I m playing Heroes Of Newerth and as soon as I get on the game people on Vent can t hear me anymore if I want to talk i have to alt tab out of the game say what I have to say then comeback on the Win7 + Ventrilo-64bit game which sucks I tried running both programs on administrator mode which didn t worked I tried to play on windowed Win7 + Ventrilo-64bit mode which didn t worked either I Have Win bit Onboard Win7 + Ventrilo-64bit sound card Razer Lycosa which I plug my mic in Razer Deathadder PTT button is set on Mouse My headset sound is plugged in the Logitech X- Control thingie And I have a Steelseries H V What is wrong with Win It doesn t recognize my headset it says not-plugged and my webcam mic is reacting better than my headset mic even if it s at m i clap my hand and my webcam mic level goes higher than my headset mic nbsp

A:Win7 + Ventrilo-64bit

Your post is a bit difficult to read.

Is the problem with the quality of the headset? Does it work on another computer? What if you connect it directly to the computer and not through the Logitech remote?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win7-ventrilo-64bit.895658/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi All
I have purchased 8gb of ram upgrade to help speed up my home video work. I am currently running Win7 Home Premium in 32bit mode. I have read that 64bit handles larger ram over 4gb better.

It appears from what I have read that if I install 64bit from my existing disk it will do a clean start and wipe out all the existing installation. I want to avoid doing that a back up never seems to catch everthing and it can be a real pain setting it all up again.

SO if I purchase Win Ultimate Upgrade can I install it using the 64bit option without wiping out all my files?

OR is there any other way of doing it?

Thanks for any advise offered.

A:Win7 32bit to 64bit

Quote: Originally Posted by Ken Davison

Hi All
I have purchased 8gb of ram upgrade to help speed up my home video work. I am currently running Win7 Home Premium in 32bit mode. I have read that 64bit handles larger ram over 4gb better.

It appears from what I have read that if I install 64bit from my existing disk it will do a clean start and wipe out all the existing installation. I want to avoid doing that a back up never seems to catch everthing and it can be a real pain setting it all up again.

SO if I purchase Win Ultimate Upgrade can I install it using the 64bit option without wiping out all my files?

OR is there any other way of doing it?

Thanks for any advise offered.

No. When you go from 32bit to 64 you must do a clean install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/181241-win7-32bit-64bit.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi im trying to update OS on my S2 so downloaded Samsung Kies, but i cant get it to open whenever i click to open it takes a while but finally appears on taskbar but when i click to maximize it doesnt open but when you minimize something like
chrome it doesnt close properly(will attach a picture). I have tried many solutions like delete disktrayagent, run as administrator, run in compatibly mode, diagnostic start and none of this works, any idea? Thanks

A:Kies Win7 64bit

Moved thread to Smart Devices forum for better results

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f325/kies-win7-64bit-636454.html
Relevancy 49.45%

The pc is definitely backleveled since I had to restore. It has all updates up to 7/12. While I have had any problems with updates (so far) I thought that it might be wise to install the SURT. My only concern is whether that would create problems with updates since I am so far behind.

thanks

(I could not find an answer for this question which may well be a dumb question.)

A:SURT WIN7 64bit

It only corrects any problems it finds - it doesn't install anything new.

Unless you're seeing problems with updating or the like, then there should be no need to run the tool.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/281936-surt-win7-64bit.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey guys, I need to migrate Win7 64bit from one SSD to another SSD, but the original drive has MBR and I want GPT on the destination drive.
Anybody knows a free or with trial period utility that can do this?
I don't care about data on destination drive (its new). I have acronis true image HD 2015 license from crucial, but its very limited in functionality (several functions are locked, e.g. "Acronis universal restore" not available).
Thank you.

A:need to migrate Win7 64bit from one SSD to another SSD

You haven't mentioned if you have a Laptop or Desktop. To use GPT your BIOS MUST be UEFI.
I never done it before, so I don't guarantee it will work. Try this:
Detach all other HDD and SSD and leave only the new SSD.
On BIOS set:
- SATA=AHCI (Or RAID if you have a RAID array)
- OS=Other
- Storage Boot and PCI device to UEFI only
- XHCI Hand off to disabled
- Fast boot to disable

- Boot your Win 7 installation on UEFI mode (important), go to install, custom, advanced, delete all partitions, create a new one (Win will create 3 partitions) and ABORT (don't proceed). You have created a GPT disk with 3 partitions. One UEFI -100M FAT32, one MSR - 120M raw and one large NTFS partition.
Now you have to copy your C: drive to the new disk on the large partition.
To do so you can do an image of C: drive and restore it to the new drive.
Once restored, detach all other HDD and SSD and leave only the new SSD.
Boot your Win 7 installation on UEFI mode (important), and launch start up repair.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/400109-need-migrate-win7-64bit-one-ssd-another-ssd.html
Relevancy 49.45%

i'm getting the error while trying to update to service pack1:
ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND(0x8007007e)

tried to download the SP1 and then install it, the same error.
as suggested by MS tried with my Kaspersky off with no luck, too.
Disconnected all cameras and printers - the same error...

could you please advice of any other solution to this problem.

A:Win7 64bit SP1 not installing

To be clear here, did you manually download the standalone, full Service Pack 1 and save it or was SP1 downloaded via Windows Update ?

Have you tried to run the System File Checker ? - How to Repair Windows 7 System Files with System File Checker

Have you run the System Update Readiness Tool (CheckSUR) for Windows 7 x64 yet ?
If yes, then please zip up and attach one of the logs that it created when it ran.
They are located at and named

Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log
Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.persist.log

If not, then please click the above link, download, and save it.
When the download completes close all open programs and web browsers.

With the system connected to the internet ( so that cab files can be downloaded ) run CheckSUR, and restart if prompted to.

CheckSUR may not be able to resolve this specific return code, 0x8007007E. The issue is most likely related to either Kaspersky or a missing/corrupted system file.

Let's see what one of the logs looks like first before someone recommends a Repair or Clean installation of Win 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/170599-win7-64bit-sp1-not-installing.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi friends,

I need urgent help. I got a new pc recently, i have attached all the details of my PC. Recently i got a bsod i its dump files are [050310-14102-01 and 050310-15631-01]. I have attached bsod minidump files aswell.Kindly help me out in resolving it. Its really annoying. Thanks in advance.

A:BSOD on win7 64Bit

Quote: Originally Posted by innovat0r

Hi friends,

I need urgent help. I got a new pc recently, i have attached all the details of my PC. Recently i got a bsod i its dump files are [050310-14102-01 and 050310-15631-01]. I have attached bsod minidump files aswell.Kindly help me out in resolving it. Its really annoying. Thanks in advance.

Alright. Bear with me as I have a couple questions for you and a few things you can try.

Have you installed any new hardware recently? If so what was it?

What are you doing at the time this occurs?

A couple things I would consider doing first is running Chkdsk /R in a command prompt, Running MemTest86+ for 5-10 passses and if you have any negative results from either, let me know.

Also, update your graphics card, lan, wireless, and audio drivers to their latest stable versions and report back if that has had any success or failures as well.

Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/82454-bsod-win7-64bit.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi all,

I?ve been reading a lot of the other threads with great interest and I hope you can help me too.

I have installed win7 64bit on a clean install.
Bios is updated - and as far as I can tell my drivers are updated (I think).

I?m getting a lot of BSOD and they happen at all times ? so I don?t think it?s heat related. Also I ran a memtest86+ 4.0 without any errors.

My system is:
Core i7 920 2.66GHz
Asus P6T, iX58
12 GB ram (2 x DDR3-1333 3x2GB CL9)
Radeon HD4670 1GB

Hope you can help me

Thanks
Martin

A:win7 64bit bsod

Hi. It's your firewire driver causing issues.

Right click the 1394 driver in the device manager. Update driver software. Browse my computer. Let me pick.

Then choose the one with Legacy in it's name. Install that. Issue resolved and you are good as new. (I run this driver myself for 1394.)

Enjoy.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/43173-win7-64bit-bsod.html
Relevancy 49.45%

So been working on a friends Hp Laptop.

Had some kind of spyware that was hijacking the browser and intermittent BSOD's . She didnt have anything on it that had to be saved.. So I just used the recovery partition to reformat it. Well the issue was still happening.. Thought maybe i choose the light reformat or whatever. So i made 100% it was the full reformat . And alas its still happening.

Soooo popped in a Windows 7 Install DVD and well it starts up and gets a little ways and it BSOD's every time.

Ran the hp system diagnostics and its saying everything is fine. So im kind of clueless as to what to do next.

Is it even possible for the virus to be say hiding on one of the other 3 partitions the HD has? Theres the System Partition,The main windows one,recovery and hp tools.

So any suggestions would be helpfull

Thanks

Relevancy 49.45%

Clean install win home prem CPU usage is at a constant - bit runs smooth but I needed bit for all g of my ram Everything I do is so slow windows is unusable in this condition - Win7 unusable help 64bit All processes services are normal - I've not did anything to it other than clean install USB drive won't even reconize in bit when it does Win7 64bit unusable - help in This happens from boot it's slow as soon as windows starts to load Im just idle on the desktop with task manager open with CPU - all non Microsoft services turned off or on makes no difference Here is what I am running Win7 64bit unusable - help x Thermaltake VF SWA Silver Aluminum MicroATX Desktop Computer Case x GIGABYTE GA-G M-DS R LGA Intel G Micro ATX Intel Motherboard x EVGA G-P - -KR GeForce GTX Ti Fermi FPB GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card x CORSAIR HX Series CMPSU- HX W ATX V v and EPS V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Compatible with Core i Power Supply x Intel Core Duo E Conroe GHz LGA W Dual-Core Processor BX E x G SKILL GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBPQ x SAMSUNG SpinPoint T Series HD LJ GB RPM SATA Gb s quot Hard Drive -Bare Drive x LITE-ON X DVD R DVD Burner with LightScribe Black SATA Model LH- A L- LightScribe Support - OEM x Thermaltake CL-P Blue orb II CPU Cooler for LGA amp K

A:Win7 64bit unusable - help

Hello, eckostate first of all can you make a picture of Proces Explorer: Process Explorer To see wich proces is using 100% cpu

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/201330-win7-64bit-unusable-help.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a problem where windows just restarts, even if I am not doing anything. I have tried keeping drivers default and updating them to last version.

I have also done a memory test and it did not detect any problems.

Could someone please look at my dump and advice.

A:Win7 64bit reboots.

I added another dump file.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/49726-win7-64bit-reboots.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi I tried to uninstall IE several months ago because I was told it was conflicting on IE9 64bit Can Win7 not re-install w Firefox After I uninstalled it through Can not re-install IE9 on Win7 64bit control panel the folder and its contents were still on the hard drive I manually deleted everything but the IEproxy dll I could not remove this because it was in use by windows explorer Now I want to re-install IE The install starts but then I get the message that some files were in use by WE restart the CPU to use IE After restart all that is in the IE folder is the EIproxy dll and a folder called SignUp In that folder is a Can not re-install IE9 on Win7 64bit couple of Icons and nothing else I have tried installing in safe mode I can not do a restore because I have no idea when the first change was made and I have installed far to many programs to turn back now I have tried FixIt which does not help Is there a way to disable the IEproxy so that the IE install can proceed Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated Thanks Russ

A:Can not re-install IE9 on Win7 64bit

Hello Russ and welcome to Seven Forums.

It's possible that by manually deleting files from Windows 7 some system files may have become damaged or corrupt and are now preventing the installation of IE9. Try running a system file checker scan from an elevated command prompt (option two.) If problems are found, run the scan 3 times and reboot the computer after each scan.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

If there are no integrity violations you should be able to proceed with the IE9 installation. The suggested install method (including prerequisites) is outlined here:

How do I install or uninstall Internet Explorer 9?

If IE9 still won't install you may want to review these troubleshooting steps:

Troubleshoot problems when you cannot install Internet Explorer 9

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/275529-can-not-re-install-ie9-win7-64bit.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hia all.. Since one and a half week i've gotten an new processor (i7 870 1156socket), all my hardware (6gb ram 1TB harddrive 1GB motherboard etc) are compatible with the processor..

Yet if i wish to play World of Warcraft or call of duty 4 it screenfreezes randomly, then my whole schreen suddenly turns into a Orange Green or Gray form.. And if im lucky it restores itself the first few times.. But eventually it screenfreezes gives a orange collour and gives an BSOD after it ..

GFX card = at asus radeon 5770HD

I've been to the store LOADS of times already with this problem.. they updates the pc bios.. gfx bios.. didnt help

edit : long story @ bluescreen and this error at the bottom of it:

*** atikmpag.sys - adress FFFFF8800449A2CC base at FFFFF88004493000, Datestamp ***

I really want to get rid of these crashes.. So thats why i registed here pretty much...

A:Win7 64bit WoW BSOD's

It could be overheating, check the GPU temps

Reinstall your GPU drivers
ATI Radeon

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/141380-win7-64bit-wow-bsods.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello
I have had a recurring BSOD problem since I built this machine.
It is very odd as it will occur 1 or 2 times every 3-6 days then it will be fine!
Normally it is Memory Management but it sometimes other things like Bad Pool Header
Seems that every pc I build has a little "quirk" like this and im a bit fed up with it

Anyhow, I have uploaded the last 2 dmp files that I cant read.
Could someone please have a look and tell me what they think could be my problem?
I have all my drivers up to date as far as I know.
My system is:
I7 950
Gigabyte ga58-ud5 Rev 2
6gb of OCZ platinum ram (triple channel)
GTX480
OCZ ssd
SB xfi

Cheers
Chris

A:BSOD win7 64bit - can someone tell me why?

1. Do you have any overclocking of your processor or RAM?
2. How old is the system?

I want to lean towards faulting memory modules.

I suggest running Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool. Download it, burn it to a CD, boot from it, and run it overnight AT LEAST. Each pass will take a couple hours. Report back if you have any errors reported.

If that doesn't work, try running the machine with only 1 stick at a time for a few days each and see if you have issues. If they work fine separately, try using two sticks. Also try different slots, if your board allows it.

Also: You say you had this problem since you built the machine. Did it start from day 1?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/139538-bsod-win7-64bit-can-someone-tell-me-why.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello ladies and gentlemen I recently started having lots of bluescreens that seem to appear randomly I tried some things but still don't know the reason therefore I need your help As I on Bluescreens Many Win7 64bit stated there is no apparent cause of the bluescreens seeing that they appeared while watching a video stream youtube com Many Bluescreens on Win7 64bit and own d tv playing a game or just anything I can think of First of all my system AMD Phenom II X T Processor GHz GB DDR PC- RAM x GB AMD Radeon HD MB Gigabyte GA- GMA-UD H AMD G Mainboard I first thought it might be a driver problem so I updated them with no effect Then I suspected my RAM and ran memtest over night and it indeed revealed some errors I have included photos with the results Yet I'm not sure if it really is the RAM so I wanted to ask if you guys could confirm it or deny and find the real cause I also included a photo of my last blue screen stating that dxgkrnl sys was involved perhaps pointing to video card issues Lastly I included the recent memory dump files from c windows minidump Here is the link to the bluescreen and memtest photos as well as the dmp files File-Upload net - BlueScreen zip Thx in advance Topologe

A:Many Bluescreens on Win7 64bit

Hello,

Judging from your Memtest86 results, you have either bad RAM or a bad motherboard. Try taking out all but one stick and running Memtest on just that. Repeat for all the other sticks, and see if you can pick out which one(s) are bad.

...Summary of the dumps:

Code:

Built by: 7601.17592.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.110408-1631
Debug session time: Sat Jul 2 13:58:36.928 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 3:26:12.036
*** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. Defaulted to export symbols for win32k.sys -
Probably caused by : dxgkrnl.sys ( dxgkrnl!DXGCONTEXT::SubmitPresent+b46 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50
PROCESS_NAME: opera.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x50_dxgkrnl!DXGCONTEXT::SubmitPresent+b46
BiosReleaseDate = 09/30/2010
SystemProductName = GA-880GMA-UD2H
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Built by: 7601.17592.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.110408-1631
Debug session time: Thu Jun 30 13:49:36.693 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:30:17.802
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KeEnumerateKernelStackSegments+28 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7E
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: NULL_CLASS_PTR_DEREFERENCE
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x7E_nt!KeEnumerateKernelStackSegments+28
BiosReleaseDate = 09/30/2010
SystemProductName = GA-880GMA-UD2H
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/many-bluescreens-on-win7-64bit-584537.html
Relevancy 49.45%

if install win7 64bit on one hdd and win7 32bit on a diferent hdd but in the same computer can i indervidualy boot from either and will my product key
work for both so i can update both indervidualy .

A:win7 32bit and 64bit

I'm sorry but no, each install requires a separate license (product key).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/win7-32bit-and-64bit-661225.html
Relevancy 49.45%

can i run win7 64bit ?

A:Solved: can i run win7 64bit ?

hi this is ms bare minimum spec

Microsoft's official requirements for Windows 7 are:

1GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
1 GB RAM (32-bit)/2 GB RAM (64-bit)
16 GB available disk space (32-bit)/20 GB (64-bit)
DirectX 9 graphics processor with WDDM (Windows Display Driver Model) 1.0 or higher driver
they also released this http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...FamilyID=3302a865-b32e-42cb-b198-238a9939823a to check for update readiness

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-can-i-run-win7-64bit.861848/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,

Getting BSOD randomly, no pattern seems to be occuring. Could someone please have a look at the dmp?

Its attached. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If its any help I got two units of the same spec and one is running perfectly and the problem machine has this BSOD problem.

Thank you very much in advance

AJ

A:Win7 64bit BSOD

Welcome!

What anti-virus are you using? If you are using AVG, remove it, and install Microsoft Security Essentials instead.

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 AMD64
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Jonathan\Desktop\021510-21637-01\021510-21637-01.dmp]

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02a4a000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02c87e50
Debug session time: Mon Feb 15 02:52:38.094 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:10:04.219
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 1A, {5003, fffff780c0000000, 439b, 696400128736}

Unable to load image \??\C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG9\Identity Protection\Agent\Driver\Platform_WIN764\AVGIDSFilter.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for AVGIDSFilter.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for AVGIDSFilter.sys
Probably caused by : AVGIDSFilter.sys ( AVGIDSFilter+1406 )

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/63842-win7-64bit-bsod.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello I've a win7 64 bit, but my hp 840 printer doesn't work and I'm not able to find te right drivers. Does anybody help me? Thanks!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/401076-driver-hp-840-win7-64bit.html
Relevancy 49.45%

OS - Windows bit What was original installed OS on system july Is the OS an OEM versionor full retail version RETAIL Age of system hardware month old Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS month haven't reinstalled I been having an issue with random BSOD on my pc I've had - BSOD in the past weeks and most seem to occur when the pc is idle The PC was overclocked but I put it back to stock and still have the same issue I've updated on BSOD 64BIT WIN7 all the drivers and bios Memtest did passes w o errors Doesn't seem to be a cooling issue PC idles at about degrees and peaks about I really don't know what else to check BSOD on WIN7 64BIT at this point and hopefully someone can point me in BSOD on WIN7 64BIT the right direction thanks for the help Here are my specs CPU i - k MB MSI P A-G RAM x GB G SKILL Ripjaws Series Model F - CL D- GBRL GPU MSI N GTX-TI Twin Frozr II OC PS Antec NEO ECO C W BSOD on WIN7 64BIT HD WD BLACK TB RPM addtional hardware Ceton InfiniTV Quad-tuner Card Hauppauge tuner card

A:BSOD on WIN7 64BIT

Nice work! You've done a lot of our work for us!

I'm not familiar with Ceton tuner cards - but have had issues with Hauppage cards in the past. Are you certain that the card is Win7 compatible and that you have installed Win7 drivers for it?

The perfmon report shows that the Hauppage WinTV device is disabled. If you're not using it, please enable it and then uninstall all drivers/software for it. Then physically remove the device from the system (you can reinstall it after we're done troubleshooting if you want to).

The perfmon report shows that Windows Update is disabled. Please enable it and ensure that you have all Windows Updates (to include Service Pack 1). I'll get more info on this when I look at the systeminfo report.

The system info report shows only 34 Windows Updates and no Service Pack 1 installation. So please do the following in this order:
- enable automatic Windows Updates
- visit the PC Manufacturer's website and update ALL drivers on your system.
- visit Windows Update and get all available updates
- visit WIndows Update and get Service Pack 1 (usually under "Important Updates")
- visit Windows Update and get any remaining updates.

MSINFO32 shows 6 BSOD events with no particular pattern (including at STOP 0x124 error). This is usually indicative of a hardware problem, but can also point to compatibility issues, malware problems, or low-level hardware driver problems (I wonder about the Hauppage device because of this).

MSI Afterburner is a known cause of BSOD's in Win7 systems. Please uninstall it immediately. Please suspect any overclocking programs that you may install as a high percentage of them can cause BSOD's on Win7 systems.

Finally, there's 2 suspicious unknown drivers that are launching from suspicious locations on your system. I have to suspect that they are viruses and recommend that you start with these free diagnostics:

Quote:

I suggest starting all troubleshooting with the following diagnostic tests. They'll save you a lot of time and heartache if there is a hardware failure, and you'll have the disks on hand in case you need them in the future:

Quote:

H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
Memory Diagnostics (read the details at the link)
HD Diagnostic (read the details at the link) - Test ALL of the hard drives.
If you find hardware issues, here's a link to the hardware forums: Hardware Support - Tech Support Forum

Also, please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: Free Online AntiMalware Resources (read the details at the link)
There are also free, bootable antivirus disks at this link: Free Online AntiMalware Resources
If you find malware, here's a link on how to post in the Security Center: NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

OLDER DRIVERS PRESENT IN THE DUMP FILES
- Create a System Restore Point prior to doing any of this. DO NOT mess with the drivers themselves - leave the Windows\System32\drivers directory alone unless we specifically direct you to it!
- Please update these drivers from the device manufacturer's website - or uninstall them from your system. Reference links are included below.
- DO NOT use Windows Update or the Update Drivers function of Device Manager.
- Please feel free to post back about any drivers that you are having difficulty locating.
- Windows Update exceptions may be noted below for Windows drivers:

Quote:

Code:

amdxata.sys Tue May 19 13:56:59 2009 (4A12F2EB)
speedfan.sys Fri Mar 18 12:08:46 2011 (4D83838E)
hcw18bda.sys Tue Aug 31 09:48:24 2010 (4C7D0828)
HECIx64.sys Tue Oct 19 19:33:43 2010 (4CBE2AD7)
nusb3hub.sys Thu Dec 09 23:50:35 2010 (4D01B19B)
nvhda64v.sys Thu Nov 11 18:1... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-on-win7-64bit-593700.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,

My BSODs continue. Starting to wonder if it could be a motherboard issue. Have been running many memory tests and none reports issues with the memory.

All components are less than 5 months old. I have re-installed Windows from scratch several times and I dont have a antivirus software installed. I have replaced the OS disk with a completely new one, since I thought at some point it was related to the hard drive.

Please, any help would be really appreciated!

Regards
Wilhelm

A:Win7-64bit BSODs

Hello,

Please run driver verifier: Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

Run Prime95 as well; all three tests: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...t-prime95.html

...Summary of the dumps:

Code:

Built by: 7600.16695.amd64fre.win7_gdr.101026-1503
Debug session time: Sun Feb 20 07:02:04.652 2011 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:02:29.603
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiAgeWorkingSet+1c2 )
PROCESS_NAME: LogonUI.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xA_nt!MiAgeWorkingSet+1c2
SystemProductName = X58A-UD3R

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/145793-win7-64bit-bsods.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,

I've encountered many BSOD's within the past two months. There are multiple user accounts on my PC, 2 admin accounts and 4 standard user accounts.

Most occur when browsing the internet using Chrome/Firefox and sometimes when watching HD Youtube content or videos via VLC

Basic System Information:
? Windows 7 Home Premium SP1
? x64
? XP was originally installed
? XP Partition deleted, Win7 installed (Full Retail Version)
? System Date: November 2009

? Intel Quad Core Q9550
? ATI XFX 4890
? Asus P5QL Pro
? PowerCool 650w (upgrade from Coolermaster 500w)

A:Various BSOD on Win7 64bit

Hi bauer24. Did the BSOD begin occuring when you changed OS?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/various-bsod-on-win7-64bit-562477.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello,
           I run win7 64bit, with iTunes (latest version).  when i connect my ipod classic,  then open computer, it shows removable disk E.    i looked in device manager and it shows apple ipod working correctly.  also in iTunes it shows ipod.   I have uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes. I cant reset the ipod as i need it because it has all my songs on it. My old XP computer crashed with everything on it, sorry to say  no backup. Any help will be much appreciated,  
 Thanks in advance.
                                                     Regards gunner

A:win7 64bit and iTunes

So, what is the problem?  From what you've written the iPod is recognized by the computer and iTunes.  However, the issue are having is unclear.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/532081/win7-64bit-and-itunes/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,

I have been experiencing various BSOD crashes lately and have finally decided to look into what's going on. I cannot pinpoint exact symptoms as they have all been different e.g. browsing in Firefox and chrome, watching video in QuickTime,etc.

The BSOD error messages have also varied and I have attached the dump files for analysis. I will run a memory test this evening after I finish working for the day.

Any help would be great

Regards Dave

A:Win7 64bit BSOD

Quote: Originally Posted by davebeck

Hi,

I have been experiencing various BSOD crashes lately and have finally decided to look into what's going on. I cannot pinpoint exact symptoms as they have all been different e.g. browsing in Firefox and chrome, watching video in QuickTime,etc.

The BSOD error messages have also varied and I have attached the dump files for analysis. I will run a memory test this evening after I finish working for the day.

Any help would be great

Regards Dave

Dave Hi and welcome

Yep just a few BSOD's eh. well did a quick analysis and it seems most of the chreashes are caused by memory. A couple were caused by the dierectx driver (which still could be a memory issue) that being said I would

download memtestx86 and run it for at least 5 passes. yes its a long time. you need to so that you can tell if it is a memory issue or a heat issue

I would also run a system file check. type cmd in search>right click and run as admin>sfc /scannow

If you are overclocking stop

let us know the results

Ken J+

Code:
111309-20779-01.dmp 11/13/2009 12:21:42 PM BAD_POOL_HEADER 0x00000019 00000000`00000020 fffffa80`08615410 fffffa80`08615460 00000000`04050016 hal.dll hal.dll+2bc60
111809-22230-01.dmp 11/18/2009 12:34:12 PM BAD_POOL_HEADER 0x00000019 00000000`00000020 fffffa80`09615dc0 fffffa80`09615e60 00000000`040a0000 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+71f00
110409-27502-01.dmp 11/4/2009 8:12:46 PM IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x0000000a ffffffff`ffffffd8 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 fffff800`02cc622b ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+71f00
121109-24070-01.dmp 12/11/2009 10:42:46 AM IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x0000000a 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000001 fffff800`02c94bf0 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+71f00
010410-19890-01.dmp 1/4/2010 12:09:36 PM KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 0x0000001e 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+71ed0
120809-19718-01.dmp 12/8/2009 8:25:34 PM KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 0x0000001e ffffffff`c0000005 fffff880`07f65d10 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 hal.dll hal.dll+4a56
112909-20560-01.dmp 11/29/2009 8:28:06 PM MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 0x0000001a 00000000`00003452 00000000`06a6a000 fffff700`01110570 00000000`00000000 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+71f00
122409-20607-01.dmp 12/24/2009 10:55:18 AM MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 0x0000001a 00000000`00041284 00000000`2148a001 00000000`0000f129 fffff700`01080000 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+71f00
120509-20576-01.dmp 12/5/2009 3:55:36 PM PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 0x00000050 fffffa7f`9582fc53 00000000`00000001 fffff880`04a38101 00000000`00000007 dxgkrnl.sys dxgkrnl.sys+16e6
010410-20139-01.dmp 1/4/2010 11:47:52 AM SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x0000003b 00000000`c0000005 fffff960`00102ba2 fffff880`02a120c0 00000000`00000000 win32k.sys win32k.sys+c2ba2
120409-21106-01.dmp 12/4/2009 1:51:00 PM SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x0000003b 00000000`c0000005 fffff960`000f65a9 fffff880`0a971f40 00000000`00000000 win32k.sys win32k.sys+465a9
122009-20545-01.dmp 12/20/2009 6:14:22 PM SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x0000003b 00000000`c0000005 fffff880`053daa65 fffff880`0a0f2890 00000000`00000000 dxgmms1.sys dxgmms1.sys+2da65
121409-21793-01.dmp 12/14/2009 5:36:52 PM SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 0x1000007e ffffffff`c0000005 fffff800`02d8e8aa fffff880`035e7838 fffff880`035e7090 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.e... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/52378-win7-64bit-bsod.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have been lately getting BSODs. They happen usually when I open the computer for first time in a day. The computer can stay on for like 3 hours when I have got like 5 crashes. System specs are in my profile and dumps are attached on my post. I couldnt run the perfmon /report. My W7 is full retail and is the original OS on the system. The age of my computer is like 2yrs and the OS is the same age.

Edit:Because of the crashes I ran Memtest86+ on my old memory (same as my new but 4GB) and it gave about a million errors. I bought new memory and the computer still gets BSODs.

Edit2: Attached 1 dump file, going to attach more some time

Edit3: Added more dump files

A:Win7 64bit BSOD very often

No dmps in upload try this method

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/216238-win7-64bit-bsod-very-often.html
Relevancy 49.45%

hi

i have 4G memory on Windows 7 64bit
why i only see 3.24G ?
what i can do ?

thank's in advance

A:why i see only 3.24G memory in Win7-64bit

Look in the BIOS for something akin to "Memory Remapping".
The hardware must also be able to address beyond 4 GB, as well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/115739-why-i-see-only-3-24g-memory-win7-64bit.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi everyone I'm new to these forums and honestly just would like a problem/question answered.

I installed windows 7 home premium 64bit today and I had an extra 2gigs of ram laying around that I could not use with xp. I have 4gigs (2, 2gig sticks) already installed and I wanted install the other 2gigs (2, 1gig sticks). "2"1" "2"1" they
both are the same brand and type ocz ddr2 2.1v however the timings are 4-4-4 on the 1gig sticks and 4-4-5 on the 2gig sticks not sure if that matters

When I put the extra ram in win7 doesn't boot and stops right before the verifying DMI pool data

I have a gigabyte GA-ep35-ds3l motherboard

A:Win7 64bit more than 4gigs of ram?

Quote: Originally Posted by Esula

Hi everyone I'm new to these forums and honestly just would like a problem/question answered.

I installed windows 7 home premium 64bit today and I had an extra 2gigs of ram laying around that I could not use with xp. I have 4gigs (2, 2gig sticks) already installed and I wanted install the other 2gigs (2, 1gig sticks). "2"1" "2"1" they
both are the same brand and type ocz ddr2 2.1v however the timings are 4-4-4 on the 1gig sticks and 4-4-5 on the 2gig sticks not sure if that matters

When I put the extra ram in win7 doesn't boot and stops right before the verifying DMI pool data

I have a gigabyte GA-ep35-ds3l motherboard

Relax the timing to JEDEC defaults, which should be 5-5-5-18 IIRC. Try standard 1.8V or even 1.85V and see if that helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/95869-win7-64bit-more-than-4gigs-ram.html
Relevancy 49.45%

hi

i'm having a bsod and high memory usage i have one yesterday and other in 18 january canyou plase provide me some more info about it what is causing the BSOD in event logger i have kernel-power event 41 category 63 see in attach dmpo files could someone read it for me...and tell me the reason

A:getting BSOD win7 64bit

Quote: Originally Posted by Hugo Luiten

hi

i'm having a bsod and high memory usage i have one yesterday and other in 18 january canyou plase provide me some more info about it what is causing the BSOD in event logger i have kernel-power event 41 category 63 see in attach dmpo files could someone read it for me...and tell me the reason

The newest crash was caused by dot4.sys which I believe is a printer driver. I would remove it to test.

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\K\Desktop\Minidump\033011-41496-01.dmp]

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\Symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols;srv*e:\symbols
*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (8 procs) Free x64
Built by: 7601.17514.amd64fre.win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`03067000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`032ace90
Debug session time: Wed Mar 30 16:38:22.783 2011 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 7:10:33.814
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff880057ad23f, fffff88013f36f40, 0}

Probably caused by : Dot4.sys ( Dot4!GetChannelFromHandle+f7 )

---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
An exception happened while executing a system service routine.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the bugcheck
Arg2: fffff880057ad23f, Address of the exception record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg3: fffff88013f36f40, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero.

Debugging Details:
------------------
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

FAULTING_IP:
Dot4!GetChannelFromHandle+f7
fffff880`057ad23f 44384903 cmp byte ptr [rcx+3],r9b

CONTEXT: fffff88013f36f40 -- (.cxr 0xfffff88013f36f40)
rax=fffffa800a1aacc0 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=0000000000000000
rdx=0000000000000002 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000003
rip=fffff880057ad23f rsp=fffff88013f37920 rbp=0000000000000000
r8=fffff88013f379a0 r9=0000000000000000 r10=00000000003a201e
r11=0000000000000000 r12=fffff88013f37a18 r13=fffffa800acfde40
r14=fffffa800bc1e660 r15=fffffa8007a302f0
iopl=0 nv up ei ng nz na po nc
cs=0010 ss=0018 ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00010286
Dot4!GetChannelFromHandle+0xf7:
fffff880`057ad23f 44384903 cmp byte ptr [rcx+3],r9b ds:002b:00000000`00000003=??
Resetting default scope

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRI... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/154224-getting-bsod-win7-64bit.html
Relevancy 49.45%

whats with the OEM version? It's apparently for system builder who make then sell the pc.

So, will i be able to use it and keep the pc for personal use?

A:Building pc with win7 64bit OEM

Prior to win7, the system builder EULA used to say its meant for assemblers and manufacturers and not for the end user UNLESS the end user actually assembles his own rig. But in win7, that crucial part has been removed and now as per the EULA, the system builder license can only be used on a PC meant for resale. So technically it does appear you would be breachibg the EULA by installing it for personal use.

However, let me state at the risk of annoying some people that here again there is a gap between idea and practice. System builder copies are freely available at respected stores, if MS didnt want them to be there, they wouldnt be there. MS doesnt care whether you are an assembler or not provided you buy a genuine copy and install it on a single computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/129876-building-pc-win7-64bit-oem.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi guys i've had this problem for a while now and haven't been able to find a solution and wondering if anyone can help.

my motherboard is a ga-p55-ud3 and i was told to upgrade the bios but the current one for my motherboard is beta and i'm a bit weary.

i had a friend build his new pc yesterday with exact same specs basically and his one is fine but i don't know where mine went wrong.

and the processor saying 2.67GHz and then 2.79GHz is that normal?
thanks for any help, much appreciated.

A:4gb RAM. 2gb Usable. Win7 64bit.

Do you happen to have OCZ Dimms?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/57673-4gb-ram-2gb-usable-win7-64bit.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello and welcome everyone This is my first topic post in this forum I seek help how to remove PUP BitCoinMiner The virus keep restoring after being deleted by Malwarebytes Anti-Malware My computer works a bit slower than usually Win7/64bit PUP.BitCoinMiner but its performance did not degrade much I PUP.BitCoinMiner Win7/64bit am more concern about security If that helps recently I used a doggy software i e cracked version of an analytics software Please help Thanks in advance DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Beavis at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT AV ESET Smart Security Enabled Updated DEAFED- - B- A - CA CD SP ESET Smart Security Enabled Updated CCBF E -A - FC - F - A C SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF FW ESET Personal firewall Enabled FE EC -CB - - EFE- E BAA Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows system PUP.BitCoinMiner Win7/64bit atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf amd neutral cbec a d cf STacSV exe C Windows system atieclxx exe C Program Files Dell DellDock DockLogin exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files Dell DW WLAN Card WLTRYSVC EXE C Windows system WLANExt exe C Program Files Dell DW WLAN Card bcmwltry exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf amd neutral cbec a d cf AESTSr exe C Program Files x Autodesk Content Service Connect Service ContentService exe C Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security x ekrn exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x STMicroelectronics Accelerometer InstallFilterService exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LPDService C Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe C Program Files x HTC Internet Pass-Through PassThruSvr exe c Program Files Common Files Protexis License Service PsiService exe C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Program Files x TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exe C Program Files x Common Files VMware USB vmware-usbarbitrator exe C Windows SysWOW vmnat exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe C Program Files Dell DW WLAN Card WLTRAY EXE C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files x STMicroelectronics Accelerometer FF Protection exe C Windows WindowsMobile wmdc exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Program Files x Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security egui exe C Program Files x SugarSync SugarSync exe C Program Files x VMware VMware Player hqtray exe C Program Files x HTC HTC Sync htcUPCTLoader exe C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files x Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAANTMon exe C Program Files x VMware VMware Player vmware-authd exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows SysWOW winvnc exe C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Windows SysWOW vmnetdhcp exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Users Beavis Local Settings Apps F lux flux exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system svchost... Read more

A:PUP.BitCoinMiner Win7/64bit

Hi there,my name is Marius and I will assist you with your malware related problems.Before we move on, please read the following points carefully. First, read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding. Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one. If you have any problems while following my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem. Do not run any other scans without instruction or add/remove software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me. Post all logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts. If I don't hear from you within 3 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed. Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean. My first language is not english. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.   Scan with DDSDownload DDS and save it to your desktop from here or here orhere.Disable any script blocker, and then double click dds.scr to run the tool.When done, DDS will open two (2) logsDDS.txt: save to your desktop then post its contents in your topicAttach.txt: save to your desktop then attach it to your next reply   Scan with aswMBRPlease download aswMBR ( 4.5MB ) to your desktop.Double click the aswMBR.exe icon, and click Run.There will be a short delay before the next dialog box comes up. Please just wait a minute or two.When asked if you'd like to "download the latest Avast! virus definitions", click Yes.Typically this is about a 100MB download so depending on your connection speed it can take a short while to download and become ready.Click the Scan button to start the scan once the update has finished downloadingOn completion of the scan, click the save log button, save it to your desktop, then copy and paste it in your next reply.Note: There will also be a file on your desktop named MBR.dat do not delete this for now. It is an actual backup of the MBR (master boot record).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/508401/pupbitcoinminer-win764bit/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a Google redirect bug I have been trying to get rid of for a couple weeks. I have gone through a lot of how to's without any luck. Kaperski TDSSkiller doesnt find anything. I tried to run the DDS.scr and it only output a bunch of strange characters, so I have no info to post yet untill I figure out something other then DDS. I have run MalwareBytes and SuperAntiSpyware in Safe mode without luck. Any advice would be great, this is making me crazy !

TIA
Mike

A:Redirect Bug on Win7 64bit

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.

Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:
Download DDS and save it to your desktop

Link1
Link2
Link3

Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.

Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear:
DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?""just click on Cancel, then Accept".information and logs:In your next post I need the following

.logs from DDSlog from RKUnHookerlet me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/403235/redirect-bug-on-win7-64bit/
Relevancy 49.45%

hi

i have 4G memory on Windows 7 64bit
why i only see 3.24G ?
what i can do ?

thank's in advance

A:why i see only 3.24G memory in Win7-64bit

From task manager, you can access the resource monitor. There you can see where all your memory is allocated. Likely it is due to Hardware Reserved memory.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/115738-why-i-see-only-3-24g-memory-win7-64bit.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello, 

Can you help me figure out why my PC is running super slow and sluggish?

Thank you!

A:win7 64bit SLOW

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post. 
Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603968/win7-64bit-slow/
Relevancy 49.45%

I am building a new system using a Phenom II X3 720BE. I plan to install Windows 7RC 64 bit and 8GB of DDR3 1333 RAM (4x2GB). After ordering the parts I discovered the following information on the OCZ support forums (http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50927):

"4 memory modules when run with a Phenom II CPU are only supported at 800 MHz. Size does not matter. 4x512, 4x1GB, or 4x2GB ram modules will be run at a max speed of 800 MHz."

From both a performance and usability standpoint, will it be better to run only 4GB of RAM (2x2GB) at the the higher speed, or all 8GB of RAM (4x2GB) at the 800 speed?

A:Win7 64bit - Should I run 4GB @ 1333 or 8GB @ 800?

6 GB at 1333 Mhz

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/9934-win7-64bit-should-i-run-4gb-1333-8gb-800-a.html
Relevancy 49.45%

ok heres all the things i use to protect my win7 64bit pc : (all are free by the way)

-sandboxie
-firefox with web of trust
-Privatefirewall 7
-Avast!5.0 Free Editon
-ThreatFire
-Malwarebytes -free version
-and i suppose Advance System Care 3.5 Counts. the free version.

what do i need to alter? i cant afford another laptop so i need this one to be really protected.

A:Win7 64bit Protection

Sandboxie - very useful for trying out unknown programsFirefox - best browser out there...also consider the NoScript addonPrivatefirewall 7 - never heard of itAvast! - best free AV out there (in my opinion)Threatfire - you shouldn't be running two active protection anti-viruses at once. If Avast's shields are on, Threatfire's should be turned off (and vice-versa).MBAM - excellentAdvance System Care - BAD IDEA, and here's why: Bleeping Computer DOES NOT recommend the use of registry cleaners/optimizers for several reasons:? Registry cleaners are extremely powerful applications that can damage the registry by using aggressive cleaning routines and cause your computer to become unbootable.The Windows registry is a central repository (database) for storing configuration data, user settings and machine-dependent settings, and options for the operating system. It contains information and settings for all hardware, software, users, and preferences. Whenever a user makes changes to settings, file associations, system policies, or installed software, the changes are reflected and stored in this repository. The registry is a crucial component because it is where Windows "remembers" all this information, how it works together, how Windows boots the system and what files it uses when it does. The registry is also a vulnerable subsystem, in that relatively small changes done incorrectly can render the system inoperable. For a more detailed explanation, read Understanding The Registry.? Not all registry cleaners are created equal. There are a number of them available but they do not all work entirely the same way. Each vendor uses different criteria as to what constitutes a "bad entry". One cleaner may find entries on your system that will not cause problems when removed, another may not find the same entries, and still another may want to remove entries required for a program to work.? Not all registry cleaners create a backup of the registry before making changes. If the changes prevent the system from booting up, then there is no backup available to restore it in order to regain functionality. A backup of the registry is essential BEFORE making any changes to the registry.? Improperly removing registry entries can hamper malware disinfection and make the removal process more difficult if your computer becomes infected. For example, removing malware related registry entries before the infection is properly identified can contribute to system instability and even make the malware undetectable to removal tools.? The usefulness of cleaning the registry is highly overrated and can be dangerous. In most cases, using a cleaner to remove obsolete, invalid, and erroneous entries does not affect system performance but it can result in "unpredictable results". Unless you have a particular problem that requires a registry edit to correct it, I would suggest you leave the registry alone. Using registry cleaning tools unnecessarily or incorrectly could lead to disastrous effects on your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again. For routine use, the benefits to your computer are negligible while the potential risks are great.Ed Bott's Webog: Why I don?t use registry cleanersDo I need a Registry Cleaner?As I've said many times, registry cleaners, tune-up programs, and so-called "optimizers" are the current snake-oil of the internet. There are countless free programs like this and apparently some paid ones, as well.Do not be deceived. They promise performance you can only dream about....but only deliver a computer that is worse off than it was to begin with.Uninstall it using Revo Uninstaller.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/314483/win7-64bit-protection/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey Guys,

So I know this topic has been posted before....and I've been doing some searching so I've already tried a few things:

1. Shrew VPN (Did NOT work, gave me a BSOD when I installed.)

2. Virtual XP (Does not work with my Core 2 Duo processor, damn Intel for not making every processor they made recently support this feature.)

3. VMWare (would really want to avoid this option.)
Is there anyone out there who possibly needs to use Cisco VPN that has gotten it to WORK in Windows 7 64-bit?

Any opinions / advice / thoughts, you guys have, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
--Asif

A:Cisco VPN in Win7 64bit

Am I stick with VMWare or is there anymore options for me?

Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/37709-cisco-vpn-win7-64bit.html
Relevancy 49.45%

How do you read these things. I found a utility, but its not completely compatible with Win7 64bit. Computer was running great then I started getting blue screen memory dumps. I can find the dump file, but not the xml file ...

dump file attached. Link to a utility and/or a how to would be greatly appreciated.

A:Win7 Pro 64Bit - memdump

Link to a how-to: WinDbg Analysis Report

Unfortunately, the Windows Debugging Tools aren't able to access symbols for your operating system files (in particular Win32k.sys) from the Microsoft Symbol Server - so that makes debugging them difficult if not impossible.

Please do the following (this will not affect the analysis of the current files - but it may help later files that are acquired):
- activate/validate the Windows installation at Genuine Microsoft Software
- run sfc.exe /scannow to replace any problem files
- open a support incident with Microsoft to see if they can fix the missing symbols issue ( Support for Windows 7 technical problems and troubleshooting )
- If that doesn't fix it, then wipe the hard drive and reinstall Windows
- don't use "leaked"/torrent builds (if this is the case we may never find a fix)

So, let's try some old-fashioned detective work.....

First, please provide this info: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

Please update your ASACPI.sys file immediately. The 2005 version (which you have) is a known cause of BSOD's.
Go to this page: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support- download_item_mkt
Enter your OS in the dropdown box
Scroll down to the Utilities section and download/install the "ATK0110 driver for WindowsXP/Vista/Win7 32&64-bit " - it's the 15th item down in the Utilities section

Here's more info on the specific error that you're getting: BSOD Index

So, let's start with this set of free tests:

Quote:
H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
Memory Diagnostics (read the details at the link)
HD Diagnostic (read the details at the link)

Also, please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: Free Online AntiMalware Scanners (read the details at the link)

OLDER DRIVERS PRESENT IN THE DUMP FILES
- Please update these drivers from the device manufacturer's website - or uninstall/remove them from your system. Reference links are included below.
- DO NOT use Windows Update or the Update Drivers function of Device Manager.
- Please feel free to post back about any drivers that you are having difficulty locating.
- Windows Update exceptions may be noted below for Windows drivers:

Quote:

Code:

vmbus.sys Sat Nov 20 04:57:29 2010 (4CE79B89)
winhv.sys Sat Nov 20 04:20:02 2010 (4CE792C2)
amdxata.sys Fri Mar 19 12:18:18 2010 (4BA3A3CA)
mfehidk.sys Wed Oct 06 15:55:49 2010 (4CACD445)
mfewfpk.sys Wed Oct 06 15:56:04 2010 (4CACD454)
athurx.sys Mon Jan 04 22:23:16 2010 (4B42B0A4) - Atheros AR9271 Wireless Network Adapter
mfenlfk.sys Wed Oct 06 15:56:13 2010 (4CACD45D)
mfeavfk.sys Wed Oct 06 15:56:49 2010 (4CACD481)
ASACPI.sys Sun Mar 27 22:30:36 2005 (42476C4C)
GEARAspiWDM.sys Mon May 18 08:17:04 2009 (4A1151C0)
mfefirek.sys Wed Oct 06 15:59:47 2010 (4CACD533)
cfwids.sys Wed Oct 06 16:00:36 2010 (4CACD564)
mfeapfk.sys Wed Oct 06 15:56:26 2010 (4CACD46A)

http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#vmbus.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#winhv.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#amdxata.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#mfehidk.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#mfewfpk.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#mfenlfk.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#mfeavfk.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#ASACPI.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#GEARAspiWDM.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#mfefirek.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#cfwids.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#mfeapfk.sys

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Built by: 7601.17514.amd64fre.win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850
Debug session time: Sat Apr 9 04:08:45.595 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 1 days 5:50:00.000
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.s... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/156129-win7-pro-64bit-memdump.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I had 32bit xp in my system. I did a full wipe and tried to install 64bit 7. It would not let me so I had to do the 32bit win7. Did I do somthing wrong? Could I have used the 64bit disk? I really would like 64bit. What would I have to do?

ASUS M3A78-T
Phenom II x4 940 3.0ghz.

A:32bit xp to 64bit win7?

Quote: Originally Posted by Stevo

I had 32bit xp in my system. I did a full wipe and tried to install 64bit 7. It would not let me so I had to do the 32bit win7. Did I do somthing wrong? Could I have used the 64bit disk? I really would like 64bit. What would I have to do?

ASUS M3A78-T
Phenom II x4 940 3.0ghz.

The first step would be to see if your computer has the specs for 64 bit. Go to Microsoft.com and use the Windows Upgrade Advisor. If you do have the required specs, you should be able to install.

If you can install, wipe clean, do not give your key, when asked, just continue with the process. After installation use it for a while, if satisfied install programs. After you know that you are good, supply your key number. At this point make a system image and put it in a safe place. You will be set, now. If a problem ever occurs you can use the system image to get up and going again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/45876-32bit-xp-64bit-win7.html
Relevancy 49.45%

This maybe a stupid question, but since I have only ever had 32 bit operating systems I don't know - right now I have Windows7 32 bit and have some older stuff like a digital storage oscilliscope and some other things working just fine with it - would that stuff work on a 64 bit Win7 system - would they install ok?

A:Win7 64bit Question

Quote: Originally Posted by ratronic

This maybe a stupid question, but since I have only ever had 32 bit operating systems I don't know - right now I have Windows7 32 bit and have some older stuff like a digital storage oscilliscope and some other things working just fine with it - would that stuff work on a 64 bit Win7 system - would they install ok?

Hi and welcome

Nope they wouldnt. In win 7 32bit ist can handle some older (16 bit apps) but in win 7 64bit it can onky handle some older (32bit apps) There is another option if your machine is able to. In win 7 there is "XP mode", basically a virtaul XP machine. Comes in very usefull if you use older apps. You can find out if your machine can do both 64bit and virtual xp mode by running a third party app called secura. you can find it for free at GRC.com/secura.

Let us know if you need help with any of this

Good luck Mate

Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/39156-win7-64bit-question.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I own a Canon 5000F Scanner it's a great scanner but for the past (2) years all I have is problems, mostly delayed loading times. After installing Windows7 x32 the scanner griefs grew I've had to stop and restart WIA and sometimes completely stop WIA otherwise the scanner continues to scan. The scanner only has 32-bit drivers, I'm hoping there is a work around to this problem and also a way again thought a work around I could get this scanner to work on x64 OS ?

A:Scanner Woes with Win7 & Drivers

To be honest, as cheap as scanners are, I would replace it and avoid the aggravation ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/105390-scanner-woes-win7-drivers.html
Relevancy 49.02%

A twain-based USB scanner Plustek OpticPro 1248U works well under Win7. Yet I cannot install the drivers under Win8.

The drivers are not signed, so I rebooted the computer with requirement for driver signature disabled. When running the installer of the software, there is no prompt on whether to install driver or not, it just does not get installed.

When installing the driver from the context menu of the .inf file, there is a prompt whether I want to install an unsigned driver, I agree, but nothing happens.

The drivers are 32-bit, the system is 64-bit. Any suggestions?

A:Scanner works under Win7 but not Win8

I would get the 64 bit drivers for that scanner.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/64950-scanner-works-under-win7-but-not-win8.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I had to buy laptop because my desktop with winxp died. Now how do I get the scanner to work?
thanks, Frank
................................................................................
here is my system log:
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU P6200 @ 2.13GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1844 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 730 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 260242 MB, Free - 221308 MB; D: Total - 29690 MB, Free - 28508 MB;
Motherboard: LENOVO, MoutCook, Not Applicable, WB01561071
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 49.02%

I had to buy laptop because my desktop with winxp died. Now how do I get the scanner to work with win7? I am not too good with complicated fixes. Has anyone had luck? I need to scan medical records.
The scanner is a Canon Lide 55. thanks, Frank

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1win7, scanner
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU P6200 @ 2.13GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1844 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 730 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 260242 MB, Free - 222580 MB; D: Total - 29690 MB, Free - 28507 MB;
Motherboard: LENOVO, MoutCook, Not Applicable, WB01561071
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 49.02%

I just got a system running Win7 Ultimate and I hooked up my brother MFC 9700 multifunction printer; it does basic printing, but the front panel buttons to trigger a scan don't work.

I tried installing the virtual machine, running the install disk from within XP, no luck.

I shut down the virtual machine, then tried running "Windows fax and scan", it sees the device, opens up the "new scan" window - then gives me the error message "An error occurred while setting scanner properties. If another program is scanning, please wait for it to complete and try again."

Canon LIDE 30 showed similar problems.

Any suggestions?

(I had reloaded MODI and MS Photo Editor earlier, could that be creating a problem?)

Thanks for any suggestions.

A:Printer and scanner problem in Win7

Did you install the software/drivers?
http://welcome.solutions.brother.co...p.html?reg=us&c=us_ot&lang=en&prod=mfc9700_us

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-and-scanner-problem-in-win7.1042646/
Relevancy 48.59%

VAIO NB is infected. I find a post on internet and follow the instruction: Run HJT to fix possible problem. Then run Combofix (according a post on internet) and after it's done I reboot NB. But Win7 can't start no matter what mode I run. It will always hangs there. I follow another post of this section (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic325342.html) to run OTLPE Network to run scan and the output OTL.txt file is as attached. I don't know what to do next? Can any expert help me out?

A:Can't Boot Win7 64bit after using Combofix

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/439050 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/439050/cant-boot-win7-64bit-after-using-combofix/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello I have a huge problem Yesterday my son was playing some games and the laptop rebooted itself and from that point on I can t do anything with it I infected Win7 64bit Laptop - somehow Win7 - 64bit Laptop infected managed to run a scan with MSE and it showed me that my laptop is infected with DOS Alureon A however when I click to Win7 - 64bit Laptop infected remove it it says it did but the problem is still there and additional scans show it s still there I can Win7 - 64bit Laptop infected t run any other anti virus program ad-aware malwarebytes to help me remove it Moreover I can t run ANY exe files on that laptop except for MSE and somehow Hitman Pro I managed to scan the laptop with HitMan and I got this Master Boot Record Sector Rootkit Rootkit MBR Pihar D Boot Image Engine A Trojan Tdlphaze Rootkit Win Pihar IK Win Bootkit From what I managed to find I know that Alureon rewrote my MBR I ve tried Safe Mode Safe Mode with Networking and nothing helps For the life of me I can t run any exe files I even tried to rename them and changing them to com but still NOTHING Can t even use Win Recovery Disc It does not load I m just lost All info I found involves installing some programs which are not an option to me can t run them Please help Any help will be very appreciated Please forgive me if I posted in the wrong section first time posting Konrad

A:Win7 - 64bit Laptop infected

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.Scan with exeHelper:Please download exeHelper to your desktop.Double-click on exeHelper.com to run the fix.A black window should pop up, press any key to close once the fix is completed.Post the contents of exehelperlog.txt (Will be created in the directory where you ran exeHelper.com, and should open at the end of the scan)Note: If the window shows a message that says "Error deleting file", please re-run the program before posting a log - and post the two logs together (they will both be in the one file).DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.

Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:
Download DDS and save it to your desktop

Link1
Link2
Link3

Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.

Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear:
DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyinformation and logs:In your next post I need the following

.logs from DDSlet me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/441343/win7-64bit-laptop-infected/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi Guys I am going out of mind here with BSOD and I have gone as far as I can alone I have decent computer skills The system which i recently built either locks-up or restarts then showing unexpected shutdown message periodically This does not seem to occur for any particular reason however on more than a couple of occasions it has been during file movements BSOD Win7 Unexplained Ult 64bit but Unexplained BSOD Win7 Ult 64bit other times i am moving larger files and nothing happens so I ruled this out I know it is best to be specific about what you are doing when the bsod occurs however it has happens with no obvious pattern The Specs are OS Win Bit MB Unexplained BSOD Win7 Ult 64bit GA P A UD R CPU Core i RAM Kingston Unexplained BSOD Win7 Ult 64bit Gen gb mhz GPU Asus nVidia GT HD tg Seagate Drives in raid config and Samsung gb PS Antec eath watts CASE Antec Sonata III cooling two mm fans and one cpu fan no overclocking no tweaking no mods I have attached the mini dump file i tried reading it but I could not follow it the dump file is just mb even when rar'd so I could not attach it I have stress tested all hardware everest burn it in memtest seagate tools prime done clean installs replaced the motherboard with an identical unit changed out harddrives power supplies but still this bsod comes back ALso the BSOD may come during a stress test and it may with equal consitency not appear then I have downloaded the latest drivers and program updates and still BSOD comes back The only time I am free of it is when I install from my bit ultimate disk Any ideas If there is some details that I have forgotten to mentioned and need sorry just let me know THANKS I am slowly going crazy with this

A:Unexplained BSOD Win7 Ult 64bit

Your .dmp file points to your gfx driver nvlddmkm.sys as the cause of your crash.. remove your nvidia driver, download the latest from Nvidias' site and reinstall...Hope this helps..

Attachment 63246

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/73904-unexplained-bsod-win7-ult-64bit.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 720 @ 1.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 30 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 8182 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 230M, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 289544 MB, Free - 107240 MB; D: Total - 15395 MB, Free - 2535 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 363C
Antivirus: Kaspersky Internet Security, Updated and Enable

System Boots up like a charm... and was shutting down in less than a minute.. then all of a sudden without any new software installations it hangs on some program/task shutting down.. I ran a Virus scan and came up with nothing.. I think it may have a been a Windows update.. but who knows... I know there is a command you can run to trace what Windows is stuck on during shutdown.. again it boots just fine..

Thanks for the help~

TuckerMax

A:Win7 64bit 5-7min Shutdown

Good morning. It sounds as if you have a very large, or very corrupted, service running in the background. Please follow these steps to help us help you:
1) While holding the Windows key, press R.
2) In the Run dialog box, type msconfig.
3) Click on the Services tab.
4) Check the box entitled Hide All Microsoft Services.
5) Please compose a list of the services that are checked after you hide all of the Microsoft services. Please post your results in this thread via a reply.
Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win7-64bit-5-7min-shutdown.1080545/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,

I think it's a 64bit codec problem.
I tried installing essentials codecs and K-lite codecs but no audio yet, neither with wmp nor vlc

A:No sound from mov files with win7 64bit

Have you tried this codec pack?

CCCP - Combined Community Codec Pack

Works for everything I've tried, except RM and RMVB (realmedia) files which i play by adding on this codec pack:-

Free-Codecs.com :: Download Real Alternative Lite 2.0.2 : Real Alternative Lite will allow you to play RealMedia files without having to install RealPlayer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/240799-no-sound-mov-files-win7-64bit.html