Windows Support Forum

[SOLVED] Opera 9.52: Speed Dial Issue

Q: [SOLVED] Opera 9.52: Speed Dial Issue

The thumbnails on my Speed Dial are all scrambled, some appear more than once, and others don't appear at all.

I am using Opera 9.52 build 10108. I am using a skin of my own design because I found the default of Opera 9.x too hard to read. I am currently running the Java Runtime Environment v 1.6.

Does anyone know what is causing this problem?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: [SOLVED] Opera 9.52: Speed Dial Issue

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: [SOLVED] Opera 9.52: Speed Dial Issue

Hi,

You wouldn't be able to post a screenshot for me to talk a look at. I have to apologies, I have never used Opera so I am not very familiar with it. If you need help posting screenshots follow this link.

Cheers!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/solved-opera-9-52-speed-dial-issue-305985.html
Relevancy 95.89%

I tried to change my speed dial options and it has disappeared. If I try to oen a new tab where the speed dial used to be, I get a blank page.

I've downloaded the latest Opera again and it hasn't helped. I'm using Vista Home Premium. Can you offer me help for this, please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-speed-dial-on-opera.942557/
Relevancy 85.14%

I have speed dial set as my start page I've got sites on Speed Dial I don't use custom pics although I do use a custom skin Every now and then when opening Opera it 'freezes' at the Speed Dial tab for - secs Dial speed 11.62 Opera slow + before displaying all tabs windows When it 'freezes' Opera 11.62 + slow speed Dial all tiles are the symbol and are blank Once it 'unfreezes' all is normal It seems to happen sporadically upon a new start Once the browser is open the Opera 11.62 + slow speed Dial issue does not reoccur It's been going on for the last weeks to a month - same version same skin Basically one day it just started happening without any changes to the browser Prior to this it loaded instantly of the time I've cleared cookies cache the normal way and it's still happening I've culled a few sites from speed dial without a positive result Any ideas fellow Opera users what could be the cause of this sudden sporadic Speed Dial freeze

A:Opera 11.62 + slow speed Dial

I haven't experienced it myself, but perhaps the issue is with the image that Opera must call to display, or the autoreload feature. Both these attributes are set by the webpage. Have you added any sites recently that might be the cause? If the problem happens regularly enough, you could remove any new sites one at a time. It could be an issue with an older entry as well. Do you have the entries set to reload? A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/228003-opera-11-62-slow-speed-dial.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hello, I am running Opera version 11.50 which is acting flaky and crashing, all I want to do is to save my bookmarks and speed dial page and re-install Opera, but after checking for a method in Google I am just met with a wall of waffle, I don't want to plan the next mission to the moon, I just want to do what is probably a pretty simple thing, can any of you knowledgeable people give me a plain and simple explanation of how to do this, if so, many thanks!

A:Opera, how do I save bookmarks and speed dial?

Take a look here for saving bookmarks: Importing and Exporting your Bookmarks with Opera Web BrowserAs for speed dial, I've never done it. But here is an explanation thats better than I could do.http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070520170719AAEfPV9Alternatively you can save and export your Opera profile which copies everything.Take a look here: How to Migrate Opera Settings

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/414357/opera-how-do-i-save-bookmarks-and-speed-dial/
Relevancy 84.28%

Size does matter and I think they are too large. I seem to recall that Opera Speed dial has a 'switch' to reduce the icons to small but had a good look through settings etc and cannot find it.

I have binned Chrome for the dozenth time, it would not play sound in you tube and cutting and pasting included background. Someone in here recommended Opera so I am going to stick with it.

A:Opera Speed Dial Icon Sizes

This may help:

How to customize Opera speed dial page [Guide] | Reviews, news, tips, and tricks | dotTechdotTech

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/50776-opera-speed-dial-icon-sizes.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hello, my dear people of the interwebs.

I've just created some semi-decent custom thumbnails for my speed dial websites, and now I would like to take the speed dial site one step closer to a 'perfect' look, in my opinion. So, as described in red, is there any way to get the grey area in the speed dial button to be a self set colour, or even more preferably, a 'null' colour so the thumbnail 'hovers' on the background image? I don't mind the Xs or the speed dial numbers, but I won't miss them either if it's easier to rid of them too in the process.

Any advice and links to tutorials would be very much appreciated! Thank you all in advance.

A:'Pro' Opera customisers AHOY (speed dial 'trouble')

Bumpity bump, this can't be all that tricky.

I hope

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pro-opera-customisers-ahoy-speed-dial-trouble.908125/
Relevancy 64.5%

In my room i have a high speed broadband connection and it works fine when i am using the internet alone. In my fathers room he has decided to keep using his dial up connection. When my father connects to the internet (dial-up) it works fine, the second i turn on my router it immediately reduces his dial-up speed immensely.

Could someone tell me why this happens and what i could do to make both connections preform normally?

Thankyou

Relevancy 64.07%

Hi,

Been awhile since I posted here because my computer has been running fine......until now. For the past couple of weeks it has been running slow. Not all the time, just once or twice a week. I have tried everything I can think of, CC Cleaner, Defragged, Spybot, ect. Virius protection is up to date. I have high speed internet service but the way it is running it reminds me of dial up. I did test my internet service using there speed test and the download came in at 3.50 and the upload was 0.83. I know these are slow, usually around 6 and 1.10 My computer is a Dell 4700. Is there a way to tell if it is my computer or the internet service? Thanks,

Danboy

Relevancy 64.07%

Hello I recently up Solved: internet HJT dial Log, speed at running discovered gator on my computer and figured that was the reason why my cable connection was running at dial up speed Unfortunately after deleting it my connection still hasn t improved Here is my log any help would be much appreciated Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C Program Files Creative SBAudigy DVDAudio CTDVDDet EXE C WINDOWS System CTHELPER EXE E PROGRA Logitech MOUSEW SYSTEM EM EXEC EXE C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Keyboard type exe E Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe E PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C WINDOWS System RUNDLL EXE E Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C WINDOWS Solved: HJT Log, internet running at dial up speed System ctfmon exe C Program Files Creative Shared Files Media Sniffer MtdAcq EXE E PROGRAM FILES FRAPS FRAPS EXE C Program Files Palm HOTSYNC EXE e PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe e PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Darryl Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www tzmbambqqyrnbftfxfus us ynOg DI pXiwRjq H html O - BHO HelperObject Class - C D-C - C - -FCE AD C - E Program Files TechSmith SnagIt SnagItBHO dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - Toolbar SnagIt - FF E -ABDE- EB-B E-D AAB CABE - E Program Files TechSmith SnagIt SnagItIEAddin dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run CTSysVol C Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe O - HKLM Run CTDVDDet C Program Files Creative SBAudigy DVDAudio CTDVDDet EXE O - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXE O - HKLM Run CTStartup quot C Program Files Creative Splash Screen CTEaxSpl EXE quot run O - HKLM Run EM EXEC E PROGRA Logitech MOUSEW SYSTEM EM EXEC EXE O - HKLM Run Logitech Utility Logi MwX Exe O - HKLM Run IntelliType quot C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Keyboard type exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run vznnesiqwx C WINDOWS System tgzfikiv exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC e PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client e Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MtdAcq C Program Files Creative Shared Files Media Sniffer MtdAcq EXE s O - HKCU Run Fraps E PROGRAM FILES FRAPS FRAPS EXE O - Startup HotSync Manager lnk C Program Files Palm HOTSYNC EXE O - Global Startup Logitech Desktop Messenger lnk E Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LDMConf exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk E Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res E PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C WINDOWS System msjava dll O - Extra... Read more

Relevancy 63.21%

Ive got a new NETGEAR WG511 Wireless PCMCIA Card 54Mbps,
WinXP Home SP2
A Wireless Network using NETGEAR Router...

I have it up and running...BUT

when connected it shows speed of around 36/48Mbps (even if right next to router)
Iam using the laptop in same room 5ft away and when i open firefox it slows down to 11mb

Whilst this wud be ok for speed it seems that its not...My internet is 2Mb and 0.5Mb after 6pm
but with this wireless card its just a little faster than dial up (70-90kbps)

what can this be? ive enabled most internet related services..?

thanks

A:Solved: NETGEAR WG511 is slow (dial-up speed)

Hi,

I maybe misunderstanding but if your ISP limits you to a 512K connection after 6pm 70-90Kbps is slightly faster than you should be getting.

The connection speed to your router won't matter (unless it drops below the ISP connection speed).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-netgear-wg511-is-slow-dial-up-speed.596524/
Relevancy 59.34%

For some reason, when I try to connect to my dial-up Internet account with my modem, I get a message that says "777 - Could Be Modem". Does anyone have an idea on how this can be fixed? Is it just a driver problem?

A:Solved: Dial-Up Modem Issue

Is this the error you get? "Error 777 - The connection attempt failed because the modem (or other connecting device) on the remote computer is out of order."

First thing I'd do is go into your modem properties in control panel and click on the diagnostic tab. In XP it's Control Panel --> Phone and Modem Options. Select the modem you are using and click on the properties button. In the next window click on the diagnostic tab and run the modem query. If it says that it can't communicate with the modem then you may need to reinstall your modem drivers.

Something else that might help is remembering the last time that your modem did work correctly and thinking about anything that may have changed on your system (ie. installed programs, new hardware..), or if there had been any electrical storms or power outages recently that may have damaged your modem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dial-up-modem-issue.410294/
Relevancy 58.91%

I use Opera 9.26 on Windows Vista 64bit and have had an issue viewing videos with the media player plug-in.

Following this guide, placing some files into the plugin folder in opera install directory solved my issue of media player not playing in my Opera browser.

How to install windows media player (WMP11) plug-in for opera - Welcome to Homepage of Operafan2006 - by PM

A:Opera browser and media player 11, solution to issue solved

thx dude.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/137437-opera-browser-media-player-11-solution-issue-solved.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Is there a line to add to the modem string to speed up hooking to the internet, I remember there was a minor change that helped when I was using 95 and hope there is something for XP.

Phil

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/158208/speed-up-dial-up-hookup-not-net-speed/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have Compaq Presario with Windows xp and use Dial Up service while in AZ.
This may be a software problem, ???

Sometimes I dial up and the speed is 21.4 kbps so I redial again.

Sometimes I dial up and the speed is 41.2 kbps

Usually I dial up and the speed is 42.6 kbps (fastest I ever get)

Question- Should I redial when I get 41.2 kbps or does the 1.4 kbps make that much difference?

A:dial up speed

i used to get different speeds between 33k and 45K when I was on dialup and sometimes you would redial and it would get worse
i would not bother about 1.4k 3% nots going to make to much difference unless you are down loading 100s of megs
and I would not expect the accuracy to be that great anyway

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dial-up-speed.767244/
Relevancy 55.04%

Can anyone tell me how I can optimize my dial up connection? I have windows xp home edition, using a localnet account, and my average dial up speed right now is 26 kbs. Anything would help.

Relevancy 55.04%

Probably not, but is there a way to speed up my dial up service. It is 42.6 Kbps.

Relevancy 55.04%

I heard there was an accelerator or way of maximizing dialup..logs in at 45kps..can't get a radio download..still in trial status. This is earthlink. Would have dropped them or improved what they offer by now, but I can't get their tech support in the four hours I allot to resolve this stuff. I know, i know, I was warned..but now I think I'm stuck. Thanx team!

A:Speed up for Dial-up?

There are two options I would recommend:

1) Use something like Naviscope to increase browser speed, and Star Downloader to increase download speed (they do not actually increase speed per se; but certainly optimize your surfing to a significant difference).

2) Sign up to a commercial web based acceleration service. This one costs, but apparently it works quite well. One of the more common services is Propel. They basically compress data through your line so it is faster to download.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/speed-up-for-dial-up-181689.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Have dial up through earthlink that is only about 27Kb/s speed. They gave me other phone numbers but got the same results. Then said it could be wiring in my house. It was built in 1986. Modem is 56k. Is there a way to check this for the layman and could it be in the wiring from the box away from house rather than in the house itself?

A:Speed up dial up?

Treat yourself and get rid of dial up unless you are in a location you cant upgrade

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speed-up-dial-up.889074/
Relevancy 55.04%

Ive been using the same IP for over five years and have no problems until last two weeks If I could afford Highspeed I would have switched along time ago When I connect to the internet I m doing good if I stay connect for more then an hour I will start out with a kbps until I have to the Dial-up speed never reconnect Then it will drop to kbps and if I try to reconnect to try and up the Dial-up never the speed speed it will then go to about kbps At this speed nothing works I then shut off my pc as to prevent putting my foot through it About an hour later I will start up and the samething happens Thinking that it s a modem problem I talk to Dell and they said that as long as I can connect to the internet the mpdem is working fine They told me to contact my IP After talking to my IP we deleted my connection and then reinstalled Dial-up never the speed the connection and still I get the same problem They said that I should talk to my phone company for the problem is with my landline I called my phone carrirer and they had know repairs being made in my area and as long as my get a dial tone there is nothing wrong with the system So who do I believe And can I solve this problem

A:Dial-up never the speed

I had that same problem back when I used dialup. The modem would work okay for a while and then just start creeping until it was useless. I thought it was everything but the modem. Guess what... it was the modem. I put a new 56k in it and realized I had forgotten just how fast it used to be. Just because it connects doesn't mean something on the modem card isn't overheating or changing value. I recommend trying a new one. It worked for me.

But before you rush out to the store, pick up the phone and push a button to kill the dial tone and listen. Is it quiet with no buzz or crackling? Sometimes a cordless phone charger/pwr supply can induce a buzz that will trash your data stream. So can an old flourescent light fixture. If you hear any kind of noise, unplug all the other phones in the house (and their power supplies if they have them) and try again with an old cord phone. Then you can go outside to the box, open it and unplug the line to the house, then plug a phone into the test jack. Push a button to kill the dial tone. Is it quiet there? If it is, then the feed from their end is good. If it sounds clear, it's usually good enough for data... unless you're deaf.
Water in your phone box outside will corrode the wires and cause static and crackling. That's worth a check.

Now I'm running broadband, but I did have to eliminate some other monthly bills to squeeze it in, so I know where you're coming from.

Let us know how it works out. Maybe the store will agree to take the modem back If it turns out not to be the problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/211193/dial-up-never-the-speed/
Relevancy 55.04%

i had to change from 1 dialup isp to another because the 1st discontinued its dialup service. the original dialup isp consistently ran at 50.6 Kbps. now the new 1 only runs at 28.6Kbps at its best. is there any way i can increase the kbps speed for the new dialup. it seems rather slow. any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 54.18%

Hi I am not sure what is wrong with my browser or whether any of this is caused by a virus My internet was working fine yesterday downloading at about KB s but now everything is downloading at less than KB s This all happened when I suddenly lost the dsl connection and upon reconnect everything I download is Download Slow Chrome/IE/Firefox/Opera on speed extremely slow I have tried resetting the modem and Slow Download speed on Chrome/IE/Firefox/Opera setting up a new network connection but still the same result I have scanned the computer using MBAM Superantispyware Avast and Avira but all have shown up negative for viruses My DSL provider performed a line test and said the line was fully operating and functional I was able to confirm that because when I downloaded a file via utorrent it reached speeds in excess of KB s I also tried downloading links via orbit downloader and it too reaches speeds beyond KB s However whenever I try downloading anything Slow Download speed on Chrome/IE/Firefox/Opera using Chrome Firefox Opera and IE directly it downloads at KB s or less like it is Slow Download speed on Chrome/IE/Firefox/Opera either being blocked or filtered through something and the speed continually decreases little by little I have also disabled the Avira antivirus webguard but it didn t change I am running Windows Vista Home Edition and this problem occurs in Chrome IE Firefox and Opera I also can t find any programs running in the background that may be slowing the connection Also my dsl is connected directly from the phone line jack to the modem and straight to the laptop and there is no router PLEASE HELP I have no idea what to do Thank you for the assistance Your help is greatly appreciated Best regards JTL

A:Slow Download speed on Chrome/IE/Firefox/Opera

You have 2 antivirus installed and running. Have you thought about the modem replacement. The speed bandwith you are having is way below for any ISP plan subscription. What is your current subscribed connection speed? Have you tried other computers connecting via your modem?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/432274/slow-download-speed-on-chromeiefirefoxopera/
Relevancy 54.18%

hello,

Dial up speed going down dko po alam kong nanyyari e2. nung una e ok naman 54.6kbps ung speed, e nung nagtagal pababa ng pabba na speed nya.. may 32, 23, at 7 pinaka mababang speed nya...

try ko best ko to troubleshoot, ok nman modem ko.. try ko rin mag internet optimizer(application po un) tapos restart pero ganun pa rin... try fully scan baka may virus o other computer bugs pero wla naman bugs..

Sa ISP(BLAST) Ba e2?

Need help

PS.
PAki move po kung maling portion ng furom ko na post

A:Help! Bout Dial Up Speed Going Down....

Pardon me, but can you please translate into a form of standard English? I am sorry, but I can only understand the barest gist of what you have written:

Your dial-up speed has decreased

You have been doing some kind of trouble-shooting

You need assistance

It would also help if you provided some additional details:

What is your operating system?
What you may have been doing when the slow down occurs?
Is the slow down consistent or erratic?

Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/68584/help-bout-dial-up-speed-going-down/
Relevancy 54.18%

First off...not everyone needs or can afford higher speed access. I need help with solving the dial up issue. My dial-up has always been about 46, overnight it suddenly is about 19.6. Nothing has been changed on my side. What could cause this and what can I do? I tried unplugging phones in the house...no change. There is an even weird-er noise while it is connecting, like there is an extra "buzz" noise in there.

Relevancy 54.18%

I am a dial up user and am having problems with dialup speeds. I have a PC with XP and it gets 40-44 kbps. I have a PC with Ultimate Vista x64 and my dial up connection speed is at 26.4 kbps. Why is there a difference and how can I make my Vista PC connection faster. Both PCs use same line. Both PC's use internal modem card. Any help on this would be appreciated

My Vista PC has a internal modem card and I have installed the proper driver for x64. Card type is:

Zoom 56k v.92 PCI soft modem card

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/210611-dial-up-speed-vs-os-systems.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I want to implement the speed dial feature in chrome like opera.How?I don't like bookmarks.

A:speed dial in chrome

Speed Dial - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...pgbbjdpbbkikmi
Speed Dial 2 - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...cgidhclcccjcik

If neither of these are what you're looking for, type 'speed dial chrome' into google.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/speed-dial-in-chrome-649046.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi experts

I tried some comments of people and I did use some software but none was realy usefull. My speed is with dial up is something like 30to 33 and download is 2,5Kb/s .
Please if anybody with experience (I mean did prove it) and did increase speed of internet and download , Please inform me .

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 54.18%

Recently had the phoneline fixed after lots of probs connecting,,bad speeds,dropping connections etc.
Prior to the repair the best the modem ever reported was 46667(and frequently less! always varying)
Now its really stable and connects at 48000 every time,which leads me to think that theres some sort of internal "throttling" going on, I read somewhere about 56k modems not being allowed to connect at higher than ??? speed,is there anything other than the "connect at" dropbox in modem properties to tweak? Tried that at 57600 and 115 xxx but makes no odds.
This applies to 2 pcs which share a line(usually networked together but both are wired to line incase others shutdown etc etc)
Maybe a question for software section,thought I'd try here first tho!

Relevancy 54.18%

I am using Speed dial extension on firefox. There was a lightning storm in my area. I have UPS backup on my machine. so when the power tripped the battery kicked in. I usually unplug my monitor so when i plug it back so that i can shut the PC down. Then the computer shut itself down (perhaps because the monitor did a slight shock on the UPS causing it to protect itself) When the power goes up, and booted the PC i noticed that some of my extensions behave as if they were newly installed, and my settings of speed dial are gone (My website shortcuts) and my download history on DownThemAll.

Everything else is fine. what could have happened that resulted a loss of data.

thanks!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/lost-speed-dial-on-ff-392544.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a 56K modem (Phoebe 56K ISA) on a dial up line. My connection is usually 26,400, rarely 28,800 bps. My neighbors always connect at 44 or 46kbs. Verizon says they only provide a voice grade line and 26kbs in all I can expect. However one neighbor is further from the central office than I and connect speed is 46kbs. I have tested my modem on a test web page and my indicated speed (windows) matches test.

Why can I not connect at the higher speed? Could it be my modem is defective? If so, how can I check this?

Thanks. Carl W

Relevancy 54.18%

Chrome Speed-dial has an option in Edit menu to use Dial Image URL. But what I'd like to do is use images from my HD. At the moment all I can figure to use my own custom made image is to upload it to my web site and paste the URL.

Seems like there should be a way to get it to load off the HD. Anyone know a trick without running a local web server?

A:use Image from HD as a Speed-dial?

I found I didn't need it after switching to Speed-dial 2. The default images are larger and they don't shrink because you resize the browser window. The title is inside the thumbnail area so the space between dials isn't used up by the Title. Other than that it's quite familiar.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/295129-use-image-hd-speed-dial.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hiii..
I am using my BSNL phone for connecting to internet via dial-up connection.But whenever i connect it gives me some time 21kps or 31 or 24 like that diffirent at diffirent time.I speed is so slow to do any thing.The page will take much time to open for a normat site.
Plz..help me out to boost up my speed.
Thank u!!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dial-up-connection-speed-398004.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Flippin Speed dial history comes up every time i open my phone option. How do I stop this?

A:How do I remove speed dial from my phone?

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question Flippin Speed dial history comes up every time i open my phone option. How do I stop this? Phone tile -> Swipe right you can set the speed dial.
To move history press ellipsis -> select calls -> again press ellipsis -> select all -> delete.
​You cant turn off history.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/345649-how-do-i-remove-speed-dial-my-phone.html
Relevancy 53.75%

hi there 

I am using windows7 and it happens in chrome, but not in firefox. what I get is a load of links on certain words, on webpages that I visit. Which when clicked brings me to an ad site that pops up. Sometimes when I visit a site it will have ads on the site, by Speed Dial, that should no be there.

I have run SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition and it did find and remove stuff, but the issue still exists.

Can anyone help?   

A:Infected - Ads by Speed Dial - ads and links appear

What you describe is most likely "In-text" advertising. Contextual advertising is commonly used to promote business and generate revenue. Most companies have an Opt-Out procedure. There are also software (Adware) programs and browser extensions, add-ons/plug-ins which can be installed and used to display in-text advertisements. They are typically classified as Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs). You may want to read this topic which explains this type of advertising and the most common ways to remove it.About In-text advertising: In-Text Ads - Text Enhanced Ads

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/556614/infected-ads-by-speed-dial-ads-and-links-appear/
Relevancy 53.75%

Chrome Speed-dial has an option in Edit menu to use Dial Image URL. But what I'd like to do is use images from my HD. At the moment all I can figure to use my own custom made image is to upload it to my web site and paste the URL.

Seems like there should be a way to get it to load off the HD. Anyone know a trick without running a local web server?

A:chrome speed-dial use image from HD?

I found I didn't need it after switching to Speed-dial 2. The default images are larger and they don't shrink because you resize the browser window. The title is inside the thumbnail area so the space between dials isn't used up by the Title. Other than that it's quite familiar.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/214776-chrome-speed-dial-use-image-hd.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I really like the new MS Edge. Always did since it's fast and smooth, but the lack of Adblock and SpeedDial always put me off.
Now they added extension support and there's actually Adblock available. But, is there any way to get a bit more customized SpeedDial? Like FVD for Chrome which I'm currently using.

https://hardforum.com/threads/speed-dial-with-microsoft-edge.1907631/
Relevancy 53.75%

I downloaded speed dial on my new system, which is running vista. However, when I click on the tab to open a new tab it does not bring up the speed dial page. I have it set to open in new tab and new window, but just brings up a yahoo search powered by avg page.

Don't have this problem on my other system, but its running xp.

Thank you

A:Firefox addon speed dial

If you're experiencing troubles with any Add-ons, I'd suggest reinstalling them or at least disabling then re-enabling them.

Have you touched and or edited the speed dial's settings?

Is it current with your version (meaning you have Firefox 3.5.3 and Speed Dial 0.9.1)?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/firefox-addon-speed-dial-418486.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello again.

Can anyone tell me if there is anyway to speed up an internet connection. I am on a slow dial up connection and since I live out in the Boonies it is the only way that I can connect unless I want to pay $100.00 dollars a month for Satellite. I can currently connect at a Blazing 26,400 Kbps. and I was just wondering if there was any software or maybe something that I can talk to the Phone company about anything that might help me get a little faster. I know that I am asking for a miracle but I thought if anyone on this planet would know it would be the Men and Women at Tech Spot. Like they say a little Flattery goes a long way . Thank you for your time a effort.

Greg

- Thread moved to proper forum
Didou

A:ANy Ideas on how to speed up a Dial Up Connection

you can look for a program called Cablenut(don't let the name fool you, it works for all types of connections) It will help you to set your internet settings such as the TCP/IP, RWIN, etc to the best values for your connection type, this might improve your speed a bit, but mostly it will improve your throughput to get the most out of the connection you have.
You probably get that slow of a speed because you are "in the boonies". You likely have many phone switches between you and your ISP and may also have line noise(this would likely also cause frequently dropped connections) I'd recommend you test the line and run Cablenut, not much more you can do for dialup.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-ideas-on-how-to-speed-up-a-dial-up-connection.15316/
Relevancy 53.75%

Somewhere, I thought that I saw an option to save an image to use as wallpaper on FF's Speed Dial window, but if I did, it is lost to me now. I like FF's Speed Dial quite well, except that the white background is to glaring for me. Is it possible to change this?

A:Firefox Speed Dial Wallpaper

Guess it depends on the extension you use for Speed dial its easy to do in Fox Tab but I'm not that impressed with Fox Tab too gimmicky & has a couple of bugs. Firefox is not my main browser guess I'm looking for a Speed Dial like Opera's.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/153536-firefox-speed-dial-wallpaper.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi everybody, I have been cruising along on my dial up (faster connections not available where I live) connection for months at a consistent 48 kbps to 50.6 kbps on my new machine. Get up one morning and now I am lucky if I can connect at speeds greater than 32.4 kbps. Went back to an artichle I found in SmartComputing (which got me to the 50.6 kbps) and changed the settings.
Well that did not work so I installed a brand new Us Robotisc modem and that connects even slower. However it is a difficult modem to set up.
Deleted the modem (agere V90-92 voice/fax/data) and reinstalled which did nothing.
I then removed the modem and installed it on my W2K Pro machine and it is back to 50.6 kbps. So no I have an XP PRo SP2 machine that crawls on an already slow medium for internet surfing.
Any help I can get would be extremely appreciated)

A:Dial up Speed Drops by 40% overnight

Please keep the problem to one thread only, or else it'll confuse the people trying to help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dial-up-speed-drops-by-40-overnight-181008.html
Relevancy 53.75%

ESET NOD is performed and nothing Dial-up Connection Became Speed. Below Internet was found Spydoctor is performed and found Rootkit agentBackdoor brifose YW Spydoctor cleaned the files but still internet connection is still slow I don't know if there are still lurking on my PC Maybe spydoctor didn't see it Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Leo on - - Computer is in Normal Mode ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- System Restore --------------------------------------------------------------Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Internet Connection Became Below Dial-up Speed. Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Restore Operation - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint-- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - System CheckpointBacked up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis run as Leo exe -------------------------------------------------logfile has no content running clone -- HijackThis Clone ------------------------------------------------------------Emulating logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at - - Platform Windows XP Service Pack MSIE Internet Explorer Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS system smss exeC WINDOWS system csrss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security egui exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exeC Program Files Yahoo Messenger Ymsgr tray exeC Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security ekrn exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsAuxs exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsSvc exeC WINDOWS system alg exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsGui exeC WINDOWS pchealth helpctr binaries msconfig exeC WINDOWS pchealth helpctr binaries HelpCtr exeC WINDOWS pchealth helpctr binaries HelpSvc exeC Documents and Settings Leo Desktop dss exeC WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer socks R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dllO - BHO HP Print Clips - F -DC - -A C- F D C - C Program Files HP Smart Web Printing hpswp framework dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run egui quot C Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security egui exe quot hide waitserviceO - HKLM Run ISTray quot C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exe quot O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager quot C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YAHOOM EXE quot -quietO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA ... Read more

A:Internet Connection Became Below Dial-up Speed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KASPERSKY ONLINE SCANNER REPORT
Tuesday, April 22, 2008 1:19:37 PM
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Kaspersky Online Scanner version: 5.0.98.0
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database last update: 22/04/2008
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database records: 720686

Scan Settings:
Scan using the following antivirus database: extended
Scan Archives: true
Scan Mail Bases: true

Scan Target - Critical Areas:
C:\WINDOWS
C:\DOCUME~1\Leo\LOCALS~1\Temp\

Scan Statistics:
Total number of scanned objects: 11501
Number of viruses found: 1
Number of infected objects: 3
Number of suspicious objects: 0
Duration of the scan process: 00:07:37

Infected Object Name / Virus Name / Last Action
C:\WINDOWS\Debug\PASSWD.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SchedLgU.Txt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot2\edb.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot2\edbtmp.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot2\tmp.edb Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\AppEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SecEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SysEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\h323log.txt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Sys\scvhost.006 Infected: not-a-virus:Monitor.Win32.Ardamax.24 skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Sys\scvhost.007 Infected: not-a-virus:Monitor.Win32.Ardamax.24 skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Sys\scvhost.exe Infected: not-a-virus:Monitor.Win32.Ardamax.24 skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\INDEX.BTR Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\INDEX.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING.VER Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING1.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING2.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\OBJECTS.DATA Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\OBJECTS.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\DOCUME~1\Leo\LOCALS~1\Temp\Perflib_Perfdata_2c4.dat Object is locked skipped

Scan process completed.

KASPERSKY ONLINE SCANNER REPORT
Tuesday, April 22, 2008 1:20:42 PM
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Kaspersky Online Scanner version: 5.0.98.0
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database last update: 22/04/2008
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database r... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/143097/internet-connection-became-below-dial-up-speed/
Relevancy 52.89%

I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this...

The office has a Canon LaserClass 5000 Fax/Copier/etc...
They have misplaced the manual. We need to edit a speed dial entry. Anyone know the procedure for this?

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/canon-laserclass-5000-speed-dial.172407/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello, hopefully someone can help me with this. I was doing work on a customer's pc, and they have dialup. I brought the pc to my house and I have high speed, and hooked up the ethernet cable to the nic card, and it connected seemingly. But when I go to open IE, the stupid dial up connection always comes up, and it says that I am not connected.

This is all on XP by the way. How do you get the computer to look at the nic for internet connectivity? I tried looking everywhere. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

marcg

A:Dial up connection keeps opening when I have High Speed??

You have your Internet Options set to auto-dial.
Goto Tools> Internet Options > Click on the |Connections| tab. Under the: Dial-up and Virtual Private Network settings box, select one of the items listed and and either remove it, or select the radio button: Never dial a connection

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dial-up-connection-keeps-opening-when-i-have-high-speed.416066/
Relevancy 52.89%

I currently have a network at home which i am on high speed internet. I am currently from Pennsylvania ... say i was in Flordia and i want to dial up to my internal network in Pennsylvania threw my modem on my laptop. I understand that i need a phone line connection at my house in Pennsylvania, however what do i need to do to hook the phone line for dial up access to my internal network to get internet access. I know this is an old technology and security level is bad depending on what i get but it's just something i would like to do.

Dave

Relevancy 52.89%

I only use the controls on the printer due to many problems that Lexmark could not solve. I want to delete or edit a speed dial number. The manual does not discuss deleting nor editing but only how to insert a phone number.
How would I delete or edit using only the printer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lexmark-7100-speed-dial-problem.830456/
Relevancy 52.89%

I really like what Feedly does but want to use IE but haven't found it's equivalent.

I primarily use Chrome only because IE doesn't have Speed Dial which I use all of the time...and no, the exceedingly crappy IE "Most Popular Sites" is not even close to being the same.

Any hope here for IE or is MS going to keep us using Chrome?

A:Does IE Have It's Version of Feedly or a Real Speed Dial?

Although slightly different to Feedly/Google Reader, Internet Explorer has RSS feeds built in. You can find more info in the following tutorial:
RSS Feed - Subscribe or Unsubscribe - Windows 7 Help Forums

Depending on how you have IE setup, you may find that the RSS feed icon is hidden. Personally, I think Microsoft should make it visible in the address bar all the time, but as they don't you may need to right click on the blank area at the top of the Internet Explorer window, and tick 'Command Bar' to make it visible. You can untick 'Command Bar' again afterwards to hide it again.

As an example, here's the main Eight Forums RSS feed:
http://www.eightforums.com/external.php?type=RSS2

As for Speed Dial, I've just had a look and I guess Favourites is the closest. Speed Dial looks quite cool though and I've often wondered why Microsoft never introduced something like Speed Dial to make it easy for people to have their own customisable browser start/home page that was stored locally. Although, if it's just a homepage with a Google Search box and a few shortcuts to your main websites that you want, you could always download the attached txt file below, open it in Notepad, save it as something like start.html and then make it your browser homepage. To change the links/text to your own, edit them directly in Notepad and then resave it.

Start.txt

This is what it will look like:

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/25618-does-ie-have-its-version-feedly-real-speed-dial.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello

My connection is really slow, im getting 1 KB per second, and like, thats a lot slower than dial up. Can someone help me? PC specs in profile. Networking card onboard. Using SBC Yahoo! DSL

Thank you

sw123

A:Why is my High speed connection going slower than dial up

Where are you getting that 1KB/s from? Surely you won't get full speed while downloading from a Warez site in China

Try a speed test from www.dslreports.com (under Tools).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-is-my-high-speed-connection-going-slower-than-dial-up.62666/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,

I've recently installed a 3Com 3CCM556 PC Card modem in my laptop (to support v.90) and although Windows XP detected and installed it without difficulty, it reports the connection speed as 115.2kbps.

I realise this is the port speed not the line speed, but without a different XP driver is there any way to see the real speed of the modem or, indeed, fix this issue?

Any replies appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/winxp-dial-up-networking-line-speed.365443/
Relevancy 52.89%

hi there I am using windows and it happens in chrome but not in firefox what I get is a load of links on certain words on webpages that I visit Which when clicked brings me to an ad site that pops up Sometimes when I visit any website it will have ads on the site by Speed Dial that should no be there I have run SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition and it did find and remove stuff but the issue still exists Can anyone help DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by KS at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT AV ZoneAlarm - Infected Speed Ads appear by ads/popups/links - Dial Antivirus Enabled Updated DE A B- EDD- A - -FF D D AV AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Enabled Updated E C - B - FA - AB - E CB ECD SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP ZoneAlarm Anti-Spyware Enabled Updated BBF-B E - - D -C FE D D SP AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Enabled Updated B F C - - E- - BB D Infected - Ads by Speed Dial - ads/popups/links appear A FW ZoneAlarm Firewall Enabled E B E-D B - F - E- B Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system Infected - Ads by Speed Dial - ads/popups/links appear svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files x CheckPoint ZoneAlarm vsmon exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgidsagent exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btwdins exe C Program Files x Skype Toolbars AutoUpdate SkypeC CAutoUpdateSvc exe C Program Files x Skype Toolbars PNRSvc SkypeC CPNRSvc exe C Program Files x Launch Manager dsiwmis exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgnsa exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgemca exe C Program Files Gateway Gateway Power Management ePowerSvc exe C Program Files x Gateway Registration GREGsvc exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe C Program Files x NewTech Infosystems Gateway MyBackup IScheduleSvc exe C Program Files x RealNetworks RealDownloader rndlresolversvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files x TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgrsa exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgcsrva exe C Program Files Gateway Gateway Updater UpdaterService exe C Program Files x Common Files AVG Secure Search vToolbarUpdater ToolbarUpdater exe C Program Files x CheckPoint ZoneAlarm ZAPrivacyService exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorDataMgrSvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files x TeamViewer Version TeamViewer exe C Program Files x TeamViewer Version tv w exe C Program Files x TeamViewer Version tv x exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Program Files Gateway Gateway Power Management ePowerTray exe C Program Files x Remote PC Server Remote PC Server exe C Program Files x PureVPN purevpn exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe C Program Files x NewTech Infosystems Gateway MyBackup BackupManagerTray exe C Program Files x Launch Manager LManager exe C Program Files x CheckPoint ZoneAlarm zatray exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x AVG AVG avgui exe C Program Files Gateway Gateway Power Mana... Read more

A:Infected - Ads by Speed Dial - ads/popups/links appear

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/556762 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/556762/infected-ads-by-speed-dial-adspopupslinks-appear/
Relevancy 52.89%

I live in an area where DSL is not available, so I'm using a dial up connection (AOL 9.0) Our old computer (Dell Dimension 4100, Win ME) would get anywhere from 50 to 53.3K speed and when it wasn't locking up had reasonable internet speed. We recently purchased a new computer (E machines C2825) and the speed rarely reaches over 35K using the same access numbers. It has XP home. Is there a way to get the speed up? Even though it is a 56K modem, is there something that would limit the speed, and if so can I change it? Or should I return the E-machines while it's still under warranty and quit while I'm not so far behind?

A:Slow dial up speed on brand new computer

Is this the exact same phone connection that you used before?

A lot of things can affect the speed, but few have much to do with the computer or modem themselves.

The phone connections must be in excellent condidion since even a small problem with a bad connection or corrosion can make a lot of difference to a dialup connection.

When I first moved into "this old house", 35 was all I could get. But unscrewing all the phone connections and cleaning to bare copper, from the computer to the box outside gave me solid 53.3 connections after that. Even the connections on the modem itself and the wire going in can be cleaned with a Q-Tip and alcohol.

In the Control Panel under modem settings, some say speed can be achieved by turning off flow control (hardly a problem with new computers---old ones sometimes couldn't keep up) and be sure compression is enabled.

Check that all your modem speed settings are at or above its capacity, and look for the newest driver you can find.

If you like the computer and it works well, I certainly wouldn't consider returning it for this alone. New modems can be gotten for $10.

The number of other devices connected to the same phone line should also be limited. The more answering machines, extensions, caller ID's on the line, the slower it will be.

And limit the length of phone cords. If you have 20 feet of rolled up phone wire behind the computer, get a shorter wire .

That's all I can think of at the moment. Others may have more to offer.

Good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-dial-up-speed-on-brand-new-computer.233333/
Relevancy 52.46%

Quote:
Sugestron Speed Dial allows you to access the 8 websites you have most visited recently right from a new tab page.

Features:
Automatically filled based on your navigation

Open one of the websites using Ctrl + [number of slot position] shortcut.

Websites can be fixed to a position using the green pin button in the speed dial interface, or by clicking with your mouse right button when visiting a website and choosing "Add to speed dial..." to select a slot where it should be fixed.

Remove a website from speed dial by clicking the red button.

Developer Comments

This add-on won't work correctly if you are using any other add-on that uses the new tab page.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...on-speed-dial/

A Guy

A:Google Chrome style speed dial for Firefox

I currently have Foxtab and forget about using it all the time - I just use my bookmark bar for the most part

does this have any functions that improve on foxtabs offerings?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/139515-google-chrome-style-speed-dial-firefox.html
Relevancy 52.03%

These all pop up in new tabs when I try to go on chrome. Now I am unable to even connect to the Internet for the past four months. I'm thinking my child brought something to my PC when he downloaded a video game.
I had followed some antivirus sites (malwarebytes anti malware) and possibly another. I tried to be careful about what I downloaded, but who can keep up with the sinister fakers?
Anyway, I also use Firefox and have opera on my PC too. At first I could at least connect to my internet , but now it only allows "limited" which doesn't let me browse at all. AT&T said they couldn't find out why it's limited and told me to take it in. Ugh!!
Any ideas??
Thanks in advance.

A:Speed dial, safe homepage,helperbar, vosteran, startpage

In case you didn't see the first line, it said spew dial, safe homepage,helperbar, vosteran, and startpage ALL pop up in new tabs when I use google.
Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/574998/speed-dial-safe-homepagehelperbar-vosteran-startpage/
Relevancy 52.03%

My single-user Windows Home PC is running both IE latest version and Chrome latest version I've always used IE as the default browser but decided to change it A couple of weeks ago I set Chrome as default and pretty soon after my Speed Dial was completely inaccessible as in quot Page not found causes Setting IE11 Chrome over 2 default fail. to Dial Help? as Speed quot I started mining my Acronis True Image backup for files that I thought may contain all the data but after several tries I stopped for fear of hosing the whole system My Speed Dial has a lot of groups and Setting Chrome as default over IE11 causes Speed Dial 2 to fail. Help? bookmarks so I finally gave up and restored my most recent Acronis backup It worked marvelously Whew At least I know for sure my backups are good So today I again set Chrome to the default browser Kaboom I restored yesterday's Acronis backup and am back to square one Any ideas what might be happening I really would like for Chrome to be Setting Chrome as default over IE11 causes Speed Dial 2 to fail. Help? my default browser but rebuilding Speed Dial is something I really don't want to do I'd appreciate any ideas I hope I've given all the information necessary to think about this Thanks Rusty

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/387750-setting-chrome-default-over-ie11-causes-speed-dial-2-fail-help.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I got a issue with my opera browser which i just installed last night as im trying to see my website from every browser i can think of to make sure things are good all across the board... i get image load issues on the page im working out a scrolling text on but the weird thing is if i close out the browser and reopen it it will load, then if i reload the page it usually doesnt finish loading and times out...

http://www.freewebs.com/fallingrain11/test2.htm

here is the page its happening on, i heard theres been issues with opera loading images and stuff so any opinions or knowledge on this issue would be greatly appreciated as im not to familiar with opera and its issues...

Relevancy 49.88%

I've been running w7 as a work machine for a month or two now, currently on 7100.

I have XP dual booted. I have Opera on both. Opera installed last year on XP and a month ago on W7

The bizarre problem, I copied over some profile stuff for opera to the w7 install.

I booted into XP loaded up opera and all my settings were nowhere to be found, digged around a little and found that Opera was calling for the settings from W7! c:\users\roaming\appdata blah blah blah.

Since that doesn't exist on my XP install, it created it's own folder there. I uninstalled opera, reinstalled and the default location to find the user data is mimicking a user directy from W7? wtf is this about.

The XP and W7 are on entirely different hard drives, I fresh installed W7 off a usb disk. XP is 32 bit W7 is 64 bit.

Relevancy 49.45%

I've installed Windows 7 a few days ago and everything seemed to be okay, till yesterday. I have a dial up connection and all of a sudden it just froze. I tried reconnecting and it did, but after establishing connection it just freezes, immediately. I tried changing provider, creating a new connection; I even installed a different modem! Nothing seems to help.

I thought it was because of something going on my phone line, but it works properly on Windows XP, just like right now.

Well, that's it, whevener I try it on Windows 7 it does connect but I can't surf and when I check its status I see the received data just froze right after reaching connection.

If someone can help...

A:Dial up issue

First, I am sorry your still using dial-up!

Who is your ISP?

What brand is your PC/Model or if custom built brand/model number of your 56k dial-up modem?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/108015-dial-up-issue.html
Relevancy 49.45%

i am stumped on something here that i should know but just wanted to get your guys info on ... i am working on a xp box that needs dial up access ... so i installed a modem with the right driver for it and when i go threw "inetwiz" it finishes up ...so then i go to internet and when i tries to dial up ...i dont hear ANY noise or dial tone at all ..and in 6 seconds it says cannot establish connection. the phone wire is pluged in ...anyideas?

A:dial up issue

Did you reboot after installing the modem? Does it look OK in Device Manager and respond when tested?

Try removing the connection from Network Connections, rebooting, checking the modem in DM, and then re-creating the connection in Network Connections if all looks OK.

Any startups for services changed from their defaults?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dial-up-issue.296675/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have four computers that are connected at any given time to the home network. I believe have two issues here.

The first, all of the computers connect and surf the Internet at very slow speeds. Sometimes it seems like I'm back on Dial-up. My MacBook (which is my main computer I work from) connects to the Internet with an Ethernet cable directly into the DSL box. Even if I turn the other three computers off in the office I still run slow on the Internet. Any thoughts on how to improve this? My DSL provider says its an issue with our setup. Great thanks for the help!

Second, my Mac overall seems to be running very slow. I have over 14GB of available space so I would not think that the computer is in overload.

Any support would be greatly appreciated.

A:Moving at turtle speed - Internal Network issue or DSL issue?

If you have more than one computer, and all exhibit the same symptoms, it's hard to believe they're all bad.
Pick one that doesn't exhibit any other issues and do this:

Register at DSLReports and run their Line Quality Tests. It's best to run this test with a direct wired connection to eliminate any wireless issues from the results. It's useful many times to run this test several times, and we'd like to see each of the results. Post the results link from the top of the test display page for each test run here.

The link to post is near the top of the page and looks like:

If you wish to post this result to a forum, please copy/paste this URL
http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2357195 <- sample only, yours will obviously be different!
and your IP will be disguised.

Copy/paste that link here.

Note: You will have to enable PING (ICMP) request response either in your router (if you have one), or in your computer's firewall for direct modem connections. This is very important to get the most important part of the test to run.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moving-at-turtle-speed-internal-network-issue-or-dsl-issue.773177/
Relevancy 48.16%

I've been working with XP for a loooong time (beta versions), and this is the first time I've seen this problem.

In an existing Dial-up connection, you normall can select the device in the properties using the Connect using drop down.

The drop down is gone, and you can not select anything. The modem listed says it was removed (was never there), and it will not let you select the working modem on COM3.

I've done the typically spyware/virus removal, nothing found of any major consequence.

I've removed the dial-up connections, I've removed the telephony key and completed a repair install, and this problem persists. Anyone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/really-weird-dial-up-networking-issue.406683/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi everyone After installing Win dial Install boot - Issue ULT and several times I have exsosted all ideas Hope someone can suggest Install Issue - dial boot how to resolve this - I am able to install either or version as a first OS but when trying to install it as a second OS on the SEPARATE PARTITION OF THE SAME SATA HD it fails once the install starts at app min to complete the install Tried it several times and it always fails - XP Pro fails to install as either first or second OS can not install it at all It gives me blue screen When working with one OS only either Win or ULT all drivers install with no issues and system is stable so I assume my issues are not hardware related Here is hardware config - AMD core T - SATA WD TB hard drive - Western Digitac Caviar Black WD FAEX TB - Sapphire HD Varor X video card - x GB of Kingston RAM -Asus M A GTD Pro USB motherboard -CoolMaster UAF case with W power supply GTX

A:Install Issue - dial boot

Are you booting the XP or Win7 installer to install to the second partition? Clean Install Windows 7

Use the installer tools to delete any existing target partition already created and create a new one using the installer, then format before clicking Next to try install.

If you have a second HD it is always best to dual boot via the BIOS, by unplugging the first HD during install to another HD then using BIOS Boot menu key to boot either when you plug back in.

Is there an exact error message with XP install failure? The issue with XPired on newer hardware is likely a need for SATA controller driver to be inserted at F6 prompt during file-loading phase. If you don't have a floppy to do this, you have to slipstream in the driver: SATA Drivers - Slipstream into Windows XP CD

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/133449-install-issue-dial-boot.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello I recently formatted then installed vista home basic bit on my Mom's computer as well as a supposedly vista compatible modem No software has been loaded on except for necessary drivers and MSoffice no virus protection or other firewalls I am able to connect to the university modem pool but I am unable to get on to the internet I have the yellow exclamation mark triangle for limited connectivity I tried pinging some websites but they could not be found I can only ping the limited connectivity issue 56k dial-up server I have connected to and I've installed all the latest drivers by copying them from another computer via CD The only thing I have been unable to do was install SP perhaps because I was not doing it through automatic update Loading it from a CD caused my computer to start hanging during the boot up so I had to do a restore Oh and also I haven't authenticated vista yet cause i wanted to do it over the internet Some of the things I've tried Unchecking the IPv from the 56k dial-up limited connectivity issue networking tab Disabling windows firewall and defender Attempting to use manually assigned IP Here's ipconfig Windows IP Configuration PPP adapter Modem Pool Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe efe Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Temporary IPv Address ca ec b ca ec b Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Here's the specs Vista bit home basic Nexxtech K PCI modem V ABIT MB KX R AMD 56k dial-up limited connectivity issue gigs kingston RAM 56k dial-up limited connectivity issue gig WDC HD Any help would greatly appreciated My mom really can't afford to not have her modem working any more Thanks jro

A:56k dial-up limited connectivity issue

Reinstalling vista seems to have fixed things for now...

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/158028-56k-dial-up-limited-connectivity-issue.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I m trying to fix a computer for a friend of mine and the problem it is having does not make access can't Networking and Dial issue pages web Up any sense to me whatsoever First here s a few specs from their computer Acer desktop computer Windows XP Home Edition MB RAM They use dial-up using an AOL account What has happened is that they can dial up and connect to AOL and even read their mail But when they attempt to go Dial Up Networking issue and can't access web pages to any web page either through AOL or using IE they get the Action Canceled This Page Cannot Be Displayed error messages from Dial Up Networking issue and can't access web pages not being able to access the internet Also when the computer is dialing to AOL it only connects with the rd dial-up number even if the st phone number is the same as the rd The first two dialings connect I can hear the modem connecting and then it fails during the Negotiating Network step of AOL But the rd time goes through So they can access the internet to read their email but that s it Programs can t access updates I installed Ad-Aware and tried to get the update and it couldn t get it though I ran and cleared some junk off with the recent download I obtained before I went there And I couldn t even run SpyBot because it won t run without obtaining an update which I couldn t get Here is the Hijack This log for the system Maybe something in here is causing the problem and fixing it my solve the issue ----------------------- Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C WINDOWS System pctspk exe C WINDOWS System sistray EXE C WINDOWS System khooker exe C WINDOWS System LXSUPMON EXE C WINDOWS SOINTGR EXE C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S I F EXE C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files AOL Companion companion exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files America Online aoltray exe C Tech Support HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http windowsupdate microsoft com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride http localhost O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO Viewpoint Toolbar BHO - A C -B - EDB- - D C EC - C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Toolbar ViewBarBHO dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS system msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run Cmaudio RunDll cmicnfg cpl CMICtrlWnd O - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run PCTVOICE pctspk exe O - HKLM Run SiS Tray C WINDOWS System sistray EXE O - HKLM Run SiS KHooker C WINDOWS System khooker exe O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS System NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run PrinTray C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X printray exe O - HKLM Run LXSUPMON C WINDOWS System LXSUPMON EXE RUN O - HKLM Run SO Integrator Pass Two C WINDOWS SOINTGR EXE O - HKLM Run EPSON Stylus Photo R Series C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S I F EXE P quot EPSON Stylus Photo R Series quot O quot USB quot M quot Stylus Photo R quot O - HKLM Run ViewMgr C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run UserFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -u O - HKLM Run RealTray C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER O... Read more

Relevancy 47.3%

Hello I was instructed by one of the Administrators to repost this post here which was from my - Prob Opera from Original to IE Post - Blue & issue Signature re: Repost Screen original thread seeking help Hello Boopme still seeing some stuff Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode a BCP DE BCP BCP BCP C Repost from Original Post - re: Blue Screen Prob Signature - & IE to Opera issue ABA OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Michael AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml --------------------- ALSO While already logged into gmail in Opera the screen changes to the following link asking me to log in It's noticeable to me that the login username is smart passive which is an old start up page I had set in Internet Explorer which I basically never Repost from Original Post - re: Blue Screen Prob Signature - & IE to Opera issue use I also just opened IE and there's some strange small link opening automatically as the home page which contains linkid and before I can read it reverts to one that contains ocid which appears to be a reference to an id in my geography OC gt Ocean City Here's the link that gmail switches to in Opera https accounts google com ServiceLogin service mail amp passive true amp rm false amp continue https mail google com mail pli D amp scc amp ltmpl default amp ltmplcache amp emr inbox

A:Repost from Original Post - re: Blue Screen Prob Signature - & IE to Opera issue

Hi, let's see what we can see .

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/559060/repost-from-original-post-re-blue-screen-prob-signature-ie-to-opera-issue/
Relevancy 47.3%

yr old lady who cannot afford high speed connection Needs dial-up to communicate for medical amp therapy care Decent but old Gateway Ghz Gateway S WXPH cannot connect because dial-up number cannot be greys up out dial on tech Older issue - Modem entered All other systems work Modem detects works in other machines Gateway does not work on any phone line at any house but modem works in other Gateway All other devices work well When access Control panel- gt Internet properties- gt Connections- gt Setup- gt Connection wizard- gt Connect to Internet- gt Setup connection manually or use disk quot connect using modem quot is greyed out so cannot enter telephone number Modem tests fine in device manager All other choices show quot working properly quot Ethernet works fine but she cannot afford any high speed connection Diagnostics report every aspect working well All systems tested in another Gateway where they work well Telephony shows up as manual in Services local in Console Older tech issue - Modem greys out on dial up Root and no errors or warning elsewere in console root It is Older tech issue - Modem greys out on dial up a motherboard issue we presume because replacing with a variety of modems makes no difference What am I missing It has been so long since I connected somebody to dial-up that I could have made basic error I do not recall ever seeing this problem We are doing the work gratis as she is unable to pay or buy another system It appears we will buy her motherboard unless somebody wiser and more experienced has some good guesses nbsp

A:Older tech issue - Modem greys out on dial up

Have to tried reinstalling/repairing Windows on this Gateway?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/older-tech-issue-modem-greys-out-on-dial-up.131462/
Relevancy 46.44%

I am using Opera version 30.Also the 2nd Tab goes to - http://www.oursurfing.com , but I can not find this anywhere in my Opera settings , please help

A:why does my Opera Browser open 2 Tabs when I start opera ?

You might be intruded with ads or somewhat. Try checking the extensions.Refer here to check your extensions http://help.opera.com/Mac/11.60/en/...If you notice any unwanted extensions, remove them. Try if that fixes opera. if not, then try to reset opera.On Windows, Press Windows Key + R (or use the start menu / start screen search for 7 or 8) and type in: %appdata%Find the folder OPERA. Delete that. (make sure opera is not running before deleting that folder).Hope that helps.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/why-does-my-opera-browser-open-2-tabs-when-i-start-opera-/1924.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Ok so my week old laptop as suddenly became really slow and CPU usage says but when I look most are with or so things with about - so I dunno what is happening Although if I system restore from before Issue Sound Issue Speed and all the Vista service pack updates happened then it is quite a bit Speed Issue and Sound Issue better though still sometimes laggy Also my sound is sometimes messed up and all fuzzy I dunno if this is linked to the speed issue or not All the specs etc Summary Product Name Aspire G Operating System Microsoft Windows Vista amp Home Premium Service Pack Processor AMD Turion tm X Dual-Core Mobile RM- System Memory MB Hard Drive WDC WD BEVT- ZCT SCSI Disk Device GB CD DVD Drive Slimtype BD E DS E S SCSI CdRom Device Video NVIDIA GeForce M GF MG GF MGS NVIDIA GeForce M GF MGS GF MG Audio Realtek High Definition Audio NVIDIA High Definition Audio Network Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet Atheros AR X Wireless Network Adapter HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP UUID A E A EDE B BA E Serial Number LXARG X DD BIOS Version v Battery mAh LI-ION Processor Processor AMD Turion tm X Dual-Core Mobile RM- Cores L Cache Data Cache KB x Execution Trace Cache KB x L Cache KB x Multimedia Video Device Device Name NVIDIA GeForce M GF MG GF MGS Total Available Graphics Memory MB Dedicated Video Memory MB Device Name NVIDIA GeForce M GF MGS GF MG Total Available Graphics Memory MB Dedicated Video Memory MB Audio Device Realtek High Definition Audio NVIDIA High Definition Audio Webcam Device Device Name Acer Crystal Eye webcam Driver Version Memory Current Memory Size MB Memory Type DDR Slot Installed Size MB Slot Installed Size MB nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

You saw the title This is in regards to the latest Opera no Doubt As the title goes quot Could Opera Unite be a botmaster's best friend Opera has added a lot of cool new features to its upcoming Opera browser and one Opera! stopped ..... I Glad be Unite Opera using Could of them is almost sure to catch the eye of cyber criminals It's called Opera Unite and while Opera promotes it Glad I stopped using Opera! Could Opera Unite be ..... as an exciting new platform for next-generation Web development some security experts say it could become the botmaster's best friend Opera Unite lets anyone run a Web server from their desktop The browser connects to an Opera proxy server which then allows the browser to serve content to the rest of Glad I stopped using Opera! Could Opera Unite be ..... the Internet This simplifies things for home users who want to host their own Web pages with Opera's architecture they don't have to configure firewalls or worry about their Internet service providers blocking Web server traffic But it also makes a precious resource more readily available to the bad guys In recent years hacked Web sites have become the fastest-growing way for criminals to spread their malicious software They have developed automated Web-hacking code such as the recently reported Gumblar program that can quickly hack into tens of thousands of Web pages in just a short period of time With Opera Unite they may suddenly have a whole new crop of computers to attack Unite was just introduced as part of the Opera beta this month but it's only a matter of time until the criminals start playing with it according to Don Jackson a researcher with SecureWorks quot Bad guys always need Web servers quot he said quot Anything that runs a Web server is prone to attack quot But because Opera Unite runs on the desktop it may be easier to hack than most Web servers quot In this case it's a little worse because instead of a machine that's managed in a data center you may have someone on a machine in a hotel network that has no firewall on it quot Jackson said Opera attack code is already included in the majority of browser attack tools that Jackson has studied With Unite he expects the hackers who write browser attack software to pay even more attention to Opera quot I think there will be a push to keep your exploit kit in marketable condition by developing exploits for Opera quot he said Opera says it will monitor sites for malicious or inappropriate content but Jackson says it will prove extremely difficult to police content that's being served by smart hackers They may for example send Opera sanitized versions of their Web pages and reserve the malicious stuff for all other visitors quot Page continues on this at Could Opera Unite be a botmaster's best friend - Network World Just what we needed to hear While MS has been working to see IE far more secure then it's predacessors like IE being a magnet for every trojan out there one of the more popular alternatives isn't doing so well One has to wonder how Chrome and FireFox will do knowing that FF has also been vulnerable to malwares being a popular browser there

A:Glad I stopped using Opera! Could Opera Unite be .....

I admit that I've yet to play with Unite, but it isn't turned on by default, no?

Of course there are security implications with running a glorified mini web server from your home connection, but your title makes it sound as if Opera users were more vulnerable and should move away from Opera because of this new option.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/13994-glad-i-stopped-using-opera-could-opera-unite.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Just noticed in the latest snapshot Opera 11.01 build 1179 the opera:config help tooltips are back. I think the last time they worked was back with Opera 9.

Its great news if you like to play around with the settings.

Opera Portable for Mac (USB) Opera Desktop Team - Desktop Team

A:Opera 11 opera:config help tips are now functional again.

is this last version available for update or is it in beta stage?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/140291-opera-11-opera-config-help-tips-now-functional-again.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Does any one has figured it out? I have trying since long time. Even xmarks is not available. So any solution to import and sync bookmarks to and from opera 23.

A:How to Import Bookmarks to Opera 23. Is it safe to use Opera 12 ?

Bro There is no way to import bookmarks as the bookmarker importer on the opera is still under development.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/how-to-import-bookmarks-to-opera-23-is-it-safe-to-use-opera-12.30857/
Relevancy 45.58%

Check it out at https mail opera com Once you sign up Opera Mail Opera beta My Launches for an account you can log in from any browser Using it Opera Launches My Opera Mail beta with Opera it integrates with the Mail Panel amp you get notifications of new mail Quote Welcome to My Opera Mail beta By Espen Andr verdahl Thursday April beta my opera mail From today all My Opera accounts also have an myopera com e-mail address You can try out our new mail service at https mail opera com Log in with the same user name and password you use for My Opera Opera Link or Opera Unite Our goal is to make a fast and friendly mail service that is efficient and easy to use on any device whether you prefer to access your e-mail from Opera Mini on a mobile phone a tablet with touch interface or a desktop computer You can also access My Opera Mail from the messages icon on My Opera This is the first public release beta of the service You can expect features to be refined and new ones to be added both during and after the beta period Make sure you follow the My Opera Mail team blog for more updates Joining My Opera also lets you take advantage of the fantastic free Blogs they host mine is at Stephen Turrell - Steves Snaps amp was very easy to set up

A:Opera Launches My Opera Mail beta

Great! I used to find Opera mail to be very confusing. This seems to be easy enough to understand, gonna test it!

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/155779-opera-launches-my-opera-mail-beta.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Why do some pages for extensions for the Opera browser not load with Opera, unless I mask it as Firefox? With Firefox, there is no problem. With Opera sending a user-agent as itself, I get a 404 error.

These are 2 pages where that happened:
https://addons.opera.com/en/addons/e...ls/noredirect/
https://addons.opera.com/en/addons/e...nkredirector5/

A:Opera pages not liking Opera browser?

No problem here. Could be Mac related.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/opera-pages-not-liking-opera-browser-631651.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi I have this very annoying problem [SOLVED] speed Upload slow High Very Very Download speed, and I'm really out of hopes I don't know what to do anymore I'll make a summary of [SOLVED] Very slow Download speed, Very High Upload speed the problem and will be as concise as possible So I have this Dell Inspiron N laptop with a broadband connection direct cable no router and weeks ago I reinstalled my Windows Everything went well until weeks ago when the internet speed went down dial-up like Pages won't load and if they do they load just partially I called my ISP and they said they had no problem I couldn't find any solution so I thought maybe some sort of virus or spyware is doing this so I formated the whole hard-disk and did a clean install of Windows Unfortunatelly nothing changed the download speed is the same Here is a speedtest net evaluation http www speedtest net result png Drivers are up to date no windows firewall no antivirus and no windows update The ISP support guy told me to deactivate IPv and IPv from Local Area Connection but nothing changed I did a TCP IP reset which raised my down speed to almost Mb but after a few minutes it went back to quot dial-up quot With the down speed being the same Speedtest sometimes shows me upload speed in between - Mb which is unbelievable I will make a ss next time I see this And the very weird thing is that I have another netbook pretty weak config Intel Atom CPU GB RAM and with the same cable it has normal speed the kind of speed I had on this Dell too Another weird thing is that the wireless connections work just fine and I've been to a friend of mine and used his broadband cable and it worked like a charm I would be very gratefull if someone could help me because I am really out of ideas and I used to consider myself an at least intermediate PC user Nou I'm feeling like a newbie Thank you Regards Alex

A:[SOLVED] Very slow Download speed, Very High Upload speed

Hi, and welcome to TSF.

Lets first try this:

Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
Now click on Network and Internet and in this window click Internet options.
Now click on the connections tab and select the button to never dial a connection.
Now click Apply and click OK.

Try if this works

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-very-slow-download-speed-very-high-upload-speed-673369.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi guys I hope you can help on this issue I ve been having with my internet connection I don t know what to do I resently formatted my harddrive because my internet all of a sudden started being very slow but after the format it s still the same issue Now I ve is Solved: fine... download Slow speed, speed upload tried plugging the connection line into my laptop and there there s no problem I am gettin a slower download than upload I have a mb download upload speed LAN connection I ran a speed test on the same connection and on my stationary it shows like kbs download and like kbs upload while on my laptop it shows like Mbs download and kbs upload so what s the problem So far I ve found out that it has nothing to do with the internet connection line or my NIC I tried a brand new one and it was the same issue it s not spyware or malware it s not fragmented and under internet connections it says that I m connected on a Mb network card and there are no problems with any of the devices However I can see that Solved: Slow download speed, upload speed is fine... if I open the job list the download connection is very unstable going from up to kb for a breif moment then falls to a halt at kb and moreover it says that I m not using any percent of the network I m on windows and haven t had any problems before this the rest of Solved: Slow download speed, upload speed is fine... the system works just fine but not the internet If I try and download something it won t get higher than like kb and then may stop altogether additional info Windows bit Asus M A AMD DDR Phenom II AMD Athlon AMD Phenom II x black Ghz W Mushkin DDR PC - GB CL kit SP Seagate Barracuda GB MB nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi all,
I want to connect my VCR to the computer to transfer old home movies to DVD.
The Analog to DV device requires a 1 GHz processor. Mine is 498 MHz.

Regarding the speed, will the device work only slowly or not at all?

Thanks!

A:Solved: Video capture device speed vs. processor speed

It is not a matter of slow or not at all. It is most likely a matter of dropped frames. If you have a cheaper video capture card [one without hardware decoding] it will probably work however you will not like the result.

Video editing / encoding is cpu intensive. I would hate to think how long it would take to encode the video file after you capture it [with that cpu]

To give you some idea, it takes me about 15 min to encode approx 1hr of video with an intel dual core cpu. With yours it will be hours.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-video-capture-device-speed-vs-processor-speed.603223/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi....

Thought if anything, I probably wouldnt be able to connect- go and figure - I can connect, just cant hear the darn thing connect nor a dial tone, but I'm definately connecting @ 50.7kbps....speaker selctor is switched-on in both modem and audio stages-what do i need to do to get the modem (analog/dial-up) to become audible?

Many thanks in advance
webz

A:analog dial-up modem works super, but I can't hear the bloody thing dial-up!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/analog-dial-up-modem-works-super-but-i-cant-hear-the-bloody-thing-dial-up.230160/
Relevancy 44.29%

I m looking for a software program script to automatically dial redial dial up differrent dial-up network connections Overview My ISP has dial up numbers and I would like to find a program script that would automatically dial-up an Internet connection I have for my ISP and keep hanging up amp redialing my ISP until it reaches a preset speed for Network & redial, Software/Script Connections dial-up Automatically Need to dial or? example at least K- Then Need Software/Script or? to Automatically dial & redial, dial-up Network Connections if it can t make connection on that line at a predetermined speed I selected it would hang-up and automatically dial the next of the ISP s I have for the same ISP or a Need Software/Script or? to Automatically dial & redial, dial-up Network Connections different ISP and keep doing that with all phone numbers one after the other of course I would want it to do that over and over automatically until it finally reached a connection speed I preset for example K That way when I wake up I could start the program and let it run for an hour or however long it takes while I get ready until it was able to connect at target speed I preselected which could take a long while on my voice grade line The phone lines are lousy around here so I DESPERATELY need something like this Does anyone know of any software program or any way to jimmy-rig something fairly easily to do that the point of all this is to get as good of a dial up speed as I can get where I live on my voice grade phone lines here because there is NO Cable DSL where I live Thanks For Reading This and any help would be GREATLY appreciated I m not a Techie so I have no idea of how this could even be accomplished do you nbsp

A:Need Software/Script or? to Automatically dial & redial, dial-up Network Connections

Southquail
Welcome to TSG!

Please do not create multiple threads for for same question. It causes confusion and mistakes to happen. If you are not getting a response in a particular forum then click the report button and have the Moderators move it for you to another forum. You can also bump you question to the top of the stack by posting again to your thread.

Closing this duplicate.

Use this thread.
http://forums.techguy.org/showthrea...threadid=118556

Dave

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-software-script-or-to-automatically-dial-redial-dial-up-network-connections.118557/
Relevancy 44.29%

I m & Need to Network or? redial, Software/Script Automatically dial Connections dial-up looking for a software program script to automatically dial redial dial up differrent dial-up network connections Overview My ISP has dial up numbers and I would like to find a program script that would automatically dial-up an Internet connection I have for my ISP and keep hanging up amp redialing my ISP until it reaches a preset speed for example at least K- Then if it can t make connection on that line at a predetermined speed I selected it would hang-up and automatically dial the next of the ISP s I have for the same ISP or a different ISP and keep doing that with all phone numbers one after the other of course I would want it to do that Need Software/Script or? to Automatically dial & redial, dial-up Network Connections over and over automatically until it finally reached a connection speed Need Software/Script or? to Automatically dial & redial, dial-up Network Connections I preset for example K That way when I wake up I could start the program and let it run for an hour or however long it takes while I get ready until it was able to connect at target speed I preselected which could take a long while on my voice grade line The phone lines are lousy around here so I DESPERATELY need something like this Does anyone know of any software program or any way to jimmy-rig something fairly easily to do that the point of all this is to get as good of a dial up speed as I can get where I live on my voice grade phone lines here because there is NO Cable DSL where I live Thanks For Reading This and any help would be GREATLY appreciated I m not a Techie so I have no idea of how this could even be accomplished do you nbsp

A:Need Software/Script or? to Automatically dial & redial, dial-up Network Connections

southquail,
Dial up networks are a strange breed. But connection speeds aren't what you're looking for. In fact, you want to know what bandwidth you have. I've seen 28k connection with a good solid bandwidth. Check your numbers and find the one that gives you the best return. I don't know of any automated scripts like that, but some programmers here might be able to help. Keep in mind, that when you hit a jump station your connection drops, and your overall connection speed is decided by the weakest link between you and your telephone number you're calling. So changing numbers changes the direction of your signal. I hope a programmer jumps in and has an automated solution for you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-software-script-or-to-automatically-dial-redial-dial-up-network-connections.118556/
Relevancy 43.86%

We have dial up it's only running 31.2, is there a way to speed it up?

New Dell Deminsion 3000
Windowsxp

Relevancy 43.86%

Anyone else install Opera 10.5 and get redirected to Opera's home page altering them that they are NOT using Opera 10.5?

Also, I haven't noticed it with Flock, Firefox or Dragon but Opera lists itself as an exception under Windows Firewall. Is that normal?

Relevancy 43.86%

The Alpha version of Opera 11.5 aka Swordfish which installs as Opera Next is now available from The Opera Desktop Team.

~Maxx~

A:Opera 11.5 Alpha aka Swordfish aka Opera Next

Nice! Opera's alphas are always very usable.

One thing I noticed is that they finally reduced the lag of flash player inside their browser.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/160972-opera-11-5-alpha-aka-swordfish-aka-opera-next.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi, I have been wondering what is the difference in regular opera, and opera next?

A:What is the difference in Opera Browser and Opera Next?

Originally Posted by Jcwisgod

Hi, I have been wondering what is the difference in regular opera, and opera next?

Opera Next is a beta pre-release.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/33399-what-difference-opera-browser-opera-next.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi, running windows 8.1 and i use 3 browsers, my main (default) is Opera, the issues i have are opera is set as default browser in opera settings, but for instance when checking emails say overclockers uk i see something catches my eye, i click it and link opens in opera, not in win 8.1, it pops a box up asking how do you want to open this type of link, firefox, google chrome or look for app in dam app store
http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/t..._19_58_883.jpg

i go to setup default programs to set associations and guess what, opera is not in the list
http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/t..._20_48_995.jpg
all help well appreciated

pc setup
window 8.1 pro n x64
i7 4770k
msi z87-gd65 gaming mobo
8 gig 2x4 xtreem lv 2133 xmp
msi gtx 770 gaming
ssd's n so on

A:Opera browser set as default issue - not listed in default

It is in mine:

I have Opera set as default in all 3 settings.

Perhaps reinstall Opera ?

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/42247-opera-browser-set-default-issue-not-listed-default.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi, i am using a zoom modem. i am connected but the speed is slow. on checking the router status it is showing the downstream speed as 1728 and upstream as 448, but when i run a online speed test it gives a speed of 130kb/s and upload as 377Kb/s.On the router by gateway is showing as 217.47.151.193 and the ip is showing as

On CMD the gateway is 10.0.0.2 and the same ip.

Please suggest what i need to do to get the same speed that is showing on router status.

A:speed issue

hi the problem is resolved it was the problem with the modem i bought a new linksys modem and now i am geting the same spped as showing on the router status, but will any one suggest what may be the issue with the zoom modem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speed-issue.804691/
Relevancy 43.43%

Just got an EVGA GTX570 Superclocked GFX card. Card works like a dream! One thing though. EVGA Precision will now only let me take the fan speed up to 85%. Can anyone tell me why or how to fix the issue? I have completly uninstalled the drivers and then reinstalled them but i can still only acheve 85% fan speed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fan-speed-issue.161308/
Relevancy 43.43%

HP DL145
2.32ghz x2
2gb RAM
Win7 x64

I am having a strange issue. My wired download speed is .80/mbps while my upload is 8.5/mbps. The connection is FIOS 35/35 and I am having zero issues with any other cpu on the network wired or wireless.

This is a new machine with a fresh install on it. The only 'third party' app is Chrome.

Network setup is follows:
Verizon FIOS ont box > Cisco E1000 Router > Linksys 24port 10/100 switch

This box is plugged into the switch at the end of the chain. I have swapped cables and have tested different machines. Everything else is working fine but not this machine.

Any tips?

A:Speed Issue

Is that the speed that you are seeing when you download a file or is it through a speed test?

Also, if that is the speed while downloading a file but your speed test is fine; Does the download start high then drop down?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/181580-speed-issue.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Ran into a bit of a snafu wondering if some kind soul s might take pity and offer a hand I ve had this computer home built for a few years and never had any problems with it I turned on the computer yesterday and the BIOS is showing the incorrect CPU it shows Athlon XP I can t remember what it used to say I think but I m not Windows XP is showing my speed as Ghz which is Mhz less than it Speed Issue CPU used to show as it used to show xGhz I don t know exactly what my CPU is so I don t know what to look for when changing my CPU Speed Issue FSB multiplier and such I used CPU-Z hoping it would give me some clue but it is also telling me I have as an AMD Athlon XP Barton Currently my multipler is set at and my bus speed is Can anyone help me locate my missing Mhz Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-speed-issue.801691/
Relevancy 43.43%

I am taking a class at my school, and they lent us these older Dell laptops that run at 1.3ghz, have 800mhz fsb, and contain 256mb ddr ram (loaded up bios on the computer to see). What I can't figure out is the fact that whenever I log on using the schools user name, the computer takes a good 30 seconds logging on, and starts out with 100% usage of the cpu, although only has 22 processes. I end around six or seven of them, although the computer speeds up, it is still slow. It could probably use a good defragmenting, though it wouldn't slow down that much, right? Also, the computers are very restricted. I know some bugs with Xp that can remove the administators password, but I won't touch these computers further than I have.

A:Speed issue

Hi cfitzarl,

I don't know if there are 1.3 GHZ CPU's with a 800MHZ FSB. I think those 800MHZ FSB CPU's are Northwood's C (A or B, donīt know ), and Prescotts.
There are 1.3GHZ P4's, with 400MHZ FSB, some P3's with 133FSB, etc.

Regarding the machine, I'd defragment it, but it would take a while. I don't think that you have time to do it.
Also, it could have viruses, and crap like that.

Anyways, 1.3 GHZ is a little slow for windows XP, so don't expect miracles, especially if they have a normal coppermine Celeron CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/speed-issue.58547/
Relevancy 43.43%

I just got 16GB of Corsair Dominator 1866Mhz ram. The computer has automatically set the speed to 1333Mhz. I went into the BIOS [I think it was the Bios] and there was no option to change the Ram speed. ProcessorAMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics Video CardNVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 RAM6.0 GB Operating SystemMicrosoft Windows 10 (build 10586), 64-bit  HP Pavilion p7-1414 Desktop PC

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Ram-speed-Issue/td-p/5713029
Relevancy 43.43%

I recently added memory to my Gateway FX 7026 quad core. After I was done with the process, during the post process an error flashed across (too quick to capture unfortunately), but it had to do with a Microsoft Handler of some sort. The net result is that my cpu cooling fan is running constantly at top speed now. I have had the system for 6 months and it has never run like this before.

Any ideas?

A:Fan Speed Issue

Hello Erekosa, welcome to Vista forums!

Seeing that you're having issues with new RAM installed and 'handler' issues; it may be that the 'new' RAM is bad! (it happens)

The best option would be to burn Memtesr86 to a CD and test each stick individually for at least one full pass.

Keep us informed!

Later Ted

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/190019-fan-speed-issue.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a dell demension 3000 ( i know nothing special) The original specs were a 512mb ram and a 2.8ghz p4 and i have upgraded it to 2gb of ram and a ati radeon X1550 256mb graphics card. I just reformatted from xp home to xp pro and i have noticed a sever slow down in the computer before battlefield 2 maps would load within 2 to 3 mins and ran smooth now they take close to 5 and are jitterey in the game and simple task on the computer are all jittery and slow to what could be causeing this. is it xp pro or something else. I have ran virus scan and several disk defrag waht could be wrong.

A:Speed issue

Does that computer come with onboard graphics? And if so did you disable it in the BIOS and or uninstall it in device manager? Was the Pro installed fresh? Have you tried uninstalling then reinstalling the GPU drivers? In the BIOS you'll find a setting that says Init Display First. If you switched from onboard to a graphics card that need to be changed from PCI to AGP or PCI express depending on the systems configuration. The other thing is when the graphics become jerky like that it is often either a GPU unable to handle the applications graphics (like an old card trying to play a new game), or it's a GPU heat issue, but with the heat thing you would probably be getting artifacts (patchy areas that aren't rendering properly) as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/speed-issue.116287/
Relevancy 43.43%

as subject say my internet connection on this computer is only getting half of the speed I should be getting. this has been tested with three different connections, two wifi and the LAN.

Download speeds are slow as well. I have a 20mbps down and 1mbps up. I can achieve about 10mpbs down and 500kbps up.

All other computers on the network are running win 7 pro x86 and have full speed.

Any idea's?

A:speed issue with Win 7 pro x64

Quote: Originally Posted by pctechdude

as subject say my internet connection on this computer is only getting half of the speed I should be getting. this has been tested with three different connections, two wifi and the LAN.

Download speeds are slow as well. I have a 20mbps down and 1mbps up. I can achieve about 10mpbs down and 500kbps up.

All other computers on the network are running win 7 pro x86 and have full speed.

Any idea's?

Could be a bad network driver, configuration issue, bad cable, conflict with another device on wifi, dns, etc

Can you go to start>search>type cmd>right click and run as admin>ipconfig /all

Take a screenshot and upload it to us.

Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/139915-speed-issue-win-7-pro-x64.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello, I have bought this laptop, in the product specification it tells me the ram speed should be ddr3 1600 MhzI have downloaded bios updates, and now the HP Support assistent tells me my ram speed is only 800 Mhz??I went inside bios but it doesn't give me options to change ram speed. 800 Mhz is slow. is there a way to change itback to 1600 or at least 1333 Mhz? Regards

A:Ram Speed Issue

@ginoversace?, welcome to the forum. Your RAM is Double Data Rate (DDR).  Therefore, if you take 800 MHz x 2 you have 1600 MHz. Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Ram-Speed-Issue/td-p/5778237