Windows Support Forum

Internet access problem

Q: Internet access problem

My laptop run on Windows 7. I was using this laptop on a network of some other organisation to access the internet, now that I have changed to another organisation and I still need to use this laptop to access the internet, the problem is that I am failing to access the internet despite having changed the proxy server settings on Internet options>Connections>LAN settings option to suite that of my new organisation. Please help

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Internet access problem

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Internet access problem

First - if you have a problem asking your new organisation's IT department for help you do, as they say, have a problem unless you can find any special settings from some other user's machine.
Second - you should set the options in Connections as "never dial a connection" and then make sure the LAN settings are set to automatic (top option). That should work under most circumstances unless, as I say above, you need custom settings.
Best of luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-access-problem.166781/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi I have a Dell Inspiron N with Windows I have been using Time problem fine. with Wired internet access works Internet WiFi. Solved: Warner Internet It worked fine until yesterday WiFi stopped working out of the blue When I tried wired connection works pretty well Solved: Internet access problem with WiFi. Wired internet works fine. I do not recall any significant changes to my computer while this happened So now I can connect to the wifi hotspot but it says quot No Internet Connection quot When I connect the LAN wire with the WiFi router internet works The moment I remove it it says No Internet Access although computer is connected to the hotspot and signal is very well The drivers are being shown as up to date in device manager I tried following instructions given here http www wikihow com Repair-Winsock-and-TCP IP This didn t work Problem persists I have been through some threads around here This is the ipconfig output C Users Depp gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Depp-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom Virtual Wireless Adapter Physical Address -F -A -C - C- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description DW Wireless-N WLAN Half-Mini Card Physical Address -F -A -C - C- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c c a e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained February Lease Expires Solved: Internet access problem with WiFi. Wired internet works fine. February Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - D- F-A -BA-DB-D - - E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter CableNet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address Solved: Internet access problem with WiFi. Wired internet works fine. A -BA-DB-D - - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f c d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained February Lease Expires February Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - D- F-A -BA-DB-D - - E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap A B EA- DDD- CED- D- F D D D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap CBBDDF -CCAB- EFF- C - F D D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D B-ACB - - A-EFCE E C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Depp gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Users Depp gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Depp gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Users Depp gt ping www google com Ping request could not find host www google com Please check ... Read more

A:Solved: Internet access problem with WiFi. Wired internet works fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-access-problem-with-wifi-wired-internet-works-fine.1088713/
Relevancy 48.59%

Sorry - this was posted under Windows XP but maybe it Problems Security Uninstall & Access Internet Internet Problem - Norton fits better under security Help - My PC has Windows XP and I have been using Norton Internet Norton Internet Security Problem - Uninstall & Internet Access Problems Security for about months and all has been well Until about the last week Suddenly it appeared as if the program was no longer functioning When launching the program it would indicate that there was an error and that nothing Anti-Virus Firewall Parental Security etc was active After doing some troubleshooting I determined I Norton Internet Security Problem - Uninstall & Internet Access Problems needed to uninstall the program but somehow I can not because I am not considered to be the person authorized to do so - supervisor access required something got corrupted here because I was the supervisor So the final fix is to edit the registry through a download from Symantec s website but I can not access any website that is either secure or requires me to download anything patch etc I simply get a message saying that the page can not be displayed and or the download just hangs Obviously my IE settings have somehow been corrupted but due to NIS being corrupted I can t edit any settings So I m caught in a circle - I can t uninstall the program or download anything to help me do it Any ideas on how I can either get rid of this program or connect fully to the internet Thanks nbsp

A:Norton Internet Security Problem - Uninstall & Internet Access Problems

Can you try a system restore to an earlier date?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/norton-internet-security-problem-uninstall-internet-access-problems.293455/
Relevancy 48.59%

I recently upgraded NIS to and no matter how I configure the Internet access for the program quot Microsoft Printer Spooler Service quot NIS randomly notifies me Problem Security Internet 2005 Symantec Internet Configuration Access via the Symantec Internet Security 2005 Internet Access Configuration Problem pop-up in the lower right corner of the display that quot Rules are automatically configured for the program Microsoft Printer Spooler Service quot In addition this pop-up notification continues to pop up and down for at least a half a dozen times before it Symantec Internet Security 2005 Internet Access Configuration Problem goes away No error messages are involved and no other program is affected It would appear to me that NIS does not recognize when the Microsoft Printer Spooler Program has firewall Internet access rules established Thus since it is a quot safe quot program NIS automatically sets the rules notifies me does not recognize that the rules are set so it sets them again and the cycle is continued over and over again until the Spooler program stops asking for Internet access I guess that the apparent random nature of the occurrence of this cycle is correlated to the Spooler program requesting Internet access I have been communicating with Symantec India but it is like wading through a lake of alligators in order to get at that kernel of truth Any ideas I ll even consider the elimination of the notification function provided it does not affect the error amp risk notification functions nbsp

A:Symantec Internet Security 2005 Internet Access Configuration Problem

wlknaack said:

I recently upgraded NIS 2004 to 2005 and no matter how I configure the Internet access for the program "Microsoft Printer Spooler Service," NIS 2005 randomly notifies me, via the pop-up in the lower right corner of the display, that "Rules are automatically configured for the program: Microsoft Printer Spooler Service." In addition, this pop-up notification continues to pop up and down for at least a half a dozen times before it goes away. No error messages are involved, and no other program is affected.Click to expand...

Did you ever get a fix for this problem? I'm getting it too. Thanks,
Bob

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/symantec-internet-security-2005-internet-access-configuration-problem.22188/
Relevancy 48.16%

Well I'm using the Window Vista Home Professional Edition so I don't know if that has to do with anything but for some reason after I surf the web for a certain amount of time or when I change websites quickly either firefox loses connection to the internet or the computer itself loses connection to the internet When switching back to IE and surfing the web for a while the computer itself seems to not send any signal to the internet I can access AIM but when trying to go online to play a game or surf the web I can't access it The only way to solve this problem is that I restart the computer Though when the computer seems to not be able to connect to the internet it takes the computer an awfully long time to restart including logging off and what not - minutes I have also constantly scanned the computer using AVG Avast or the Windows Security scan accessing with cuts the problem A Internet? randomly after to web., the off Internet Access thingy This also includes defragging the computer and checking the disk scan for and recovery of bad sectors I have posted this before in the infected area and Access to Internet randomly cuts off after accessing the web., A problem with the Internet? since I have checked the infected area in which the person led Access to Internet randomly cuts off after accessing the web., A problem with the Internet? me here I was hoping if there is someone Access to Internet randomly cuts off after accessing the web., A problem with the Internet? who could solve this Thank you and any help would be appreciated

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/264546/access-to-internet-randomly-cuts-off-after-accessing-the-web-a-problem-with-the-internet/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello so I just got a new ISP yesterday and everything seemed to be working fine Internet but browsing Connection Access granted, problem problem: with Solved: until today I haven t made any changes no new updates on security anti-virus programs I have Solved: Internet Connection problem: Access granted, but problem with browsing wireless internet access it says it s connected and the diagnose tool can t identify a problem My main browser is Chrome but I have Internet Explorer and Firefox For all three browsers I can t connect to any websites except for MSN com I have enabled cookies for Chrome deleted the cache and have added that program to my firewall s list of accepted programs and it still won t load pages However programs like Spotify Hulu Desktop VLC Solved: Internet Connection problem: Access granted, but problem with browsing updates etc that need an internet connection work fine also I saved a session in chrome of opened tabs from yesterday and they loaded perfectly fine but if I try and type them in a new window they won t load I have an ethernet cable too but I don t understand how the programs that need an internet connection work ex Spotify radio Skype but my browsers won t I don t know if these programs have anything to do with my browsing problem but I have CCleaner Malwarebytes Anti-Malware MSE Microsoft Security Essentials and I recently removed McAffee For my firewall program I just have Windows Firewall with Advanced Security My system says Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA NWQAA Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled I have also gone to command prompt and did the IPCONFIG ALL here s what my results say Please help if you can Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunn... Read more

A:Solved: Internet Connection problem: Access granted, but problem with browsing

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-connection-problem-access-granted-but-problem-with-browsing.1115911/
Relevancy 45.15%

I need your help I can t seem to connect to the internet with my USB dongle modem on my new laptop usb problem problem Internet access modem via My service provider says that the problem is not a problem with coverage The device is Internet access problem via usb modem problem working properly according to Windows and I can also access the internet on another older laptop that has Windows XP The service provider reckons it is likely to be related to one of four Internet access problem via usb modem problem possibilities Anti-viral software I managed to access the internet once to register my subscription and to download some windows updates or Services on the laptop not being enabled telephony RPC and plug and play The laptop provider recommended that these settings be changed from manual to automatic which I ve done This allowed me to access the internet again but only once allowing to me to download more windows updates I guess this looks like it could be the anti-viral software yes Should I uninstall my anti-viral software or are there other settings in Windows that I change change reconfigure I am not a tech person at all I ve been bounced between my service provider and my laptop manufacturer for a couple of weeks now to try to sort this problem but still no luck So any pointers would be really appreciated Thanks

A:Internet access problem via usb modem problem

Quote: Originally Posted by Piaras

I need your help. I can?t seem to connect to the internet with my USB ?dongle? modem on my new laptop. My service provider says that the problem is not a problem with coverage. The device is working properly, according to Windows 7 and I can also access the internet on another older laptop that has Windows XP. The service provider reckons it is likely to be related to one of four possibilities:
? (1) Anti-viral software (I managed to access the internet once to register my subscription and to download some windows updates)
or
? Services on the laptop not being enabled: (2) telephony, (3) RPC and (4) plug and play. The laptop provider recommended that these settings be changed from manual to automatic, which I?ve done. This allowed me to access the internet again, but only once, allowing to me to download more windows updates.
I guess this looks like it could be the anti-viral software, yes? Should I uninstall my anti-viral software or are there other settings in Windows 7 that I change change/reconfigure? I am not a tech person at all. I?ve been bounced between my service provider and my laptop manufacturer for a couple of weeks now to try to sort this problem, but still no luck. So, any pointers would be really appreciated.
Thanks

Piaras hi and welcome

first, go into device manager (type device manger in search). Go to the network tab and look for your USB dongle. Is it listed? does it have a yellow triangle over it? Are there any other "unknown devices" listed in device manager?

Second, do you have a win 7 dvd from which to do a repair install?

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/99913-internet-access-problem-via-usb-modem-problem.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I am having the same issue! It just started yesterday. My wife said that it did some kind of update and then had to do a restart. When it came back up not internet even though it shows connected. My pc is a gateway all-in-one running Windows 8.1. We have it connected via ethernet cable, but I also tried to connect it wirelessly last evening. No help. I then tried running system restore to an earlier point where I knew it was working, but system restore wouldn't work either (meaning it wouldn't even finish). I am also running AVG and did a full scan, nothing detected. I also tried booting into safe mode and running the system restore but it still didn't work. Thanks for any help you can provide.

A:internet access problem

I started your own thread for you here, as it gets far too confusing to try to help multiple people in one thread.

Uninstall AVG and run the AVG Remover. You can reinstall it if desired after getting your internet access back.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista and 7 and 8.

Start - All Programs - Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt. [For Windows 8: <Windows Logo> + x - Command Prompt(Admin)]

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-access-problem.1129887/
Relevancy 45.15%

I regularly use Windows Update so there were no available updates IE-spyad states it in not compatible with IE Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Lisa on - - at Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore Problem Access Internet -------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Installed Opera - - UTC - RP - Installed Internet Access Problem AVG - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service - - UTC - RP - Post-Dell Automated PC TuneUp -- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis run as Lisa exe ------------------------------------------------ Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Internet Access Problem Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgrssvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Internet Access Problem CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgrssvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files CDBurnerXP NMSAccess exe C Program Files Norton Save and Restore Agent VProSvc exe C Program Files WhiteCanyon SecureClean scwatch exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files Norton Save and Restore Agent NSRTray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS system dlcccoms exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared VAScanner comHost exe C WINDOWS system drwtsn exe C WINDOWS system drwtsn exe C Documents and Settings Lisa Desktop dss exe C PROGRA HIJACK Lisa exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www wctatel net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http us mcafee com root learnmore ue amp lcode en-us R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser NppBho dll O - BHO IE PopUp-Killer - E E F - C - D - D- - C PROGRA Ashampoo ASHAMP PopUp dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS System DLA DLASHX W DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/internet-access-problem-154915.html
Relevancy 45.15%

When I first got my laptop running windows Professional I immediately had the problem of not being able to connect to the wireless internet As there were no Ethernet ports on my laptop I couldn't wire it To fix this problem try following these Pro Access No Problem Internet on Fix 8.1 simple steps Go to desktop mode Right Click on the Windows Icon No Internet Access on 8.1 Pro Problem Fix in the bottom left corner Find quot Device Manager quot and click it Locate quot Network Adapters quot and open that Pick the network driver listed There may be multiple ones so just pick one Open the quot Driver quot tab at the top No Internet Access on 8.1 Pro Problem Fix Click quot Update Driver quot Select quot Browse my computer for driver No Internet Access on 8.1 Pro Problem Fix software quot Click quot Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer quot Select the driver listed and click quot Next quot Once this is done it should say quot Windows has successfully updated your driver software quot If multiple drivers are listed you may have do do these steps to each driver Also try performing a quot clean boot in windows quot You can find the steps to that here- http support microsoft com kb If this doesn't work message me and I'll see what I can do

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/61241-no-internet-access-8-1-pro-problem-fix.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I connect to a router through a switch and I am using a VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter which is intergrated onto my Asus Asrock K VT A motherboard I m using updated drivers for both the adapter and (LAN problem) Can't internet access the motherboard yes I Can't access internet (LAN problem) double-checked The adapter shows up as being quot Connected quot at mbps and it s even sending packets it s not receiving any though Can't access internet (LAN problem) Here s the results from ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Ethernet Adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway I tried setting the subnet mask to but nothing happened and I can t find out how to change the IP to the which I need to connect to my router I tried ipconfig renew but it says something about quot There is no IP to renew quot When this problem first appeared I figured what the hey and reformatted After installing the motherboard and driver adapters I was able to connect to the internet and go about my business of quot Windows Update quot Then about halfway through the connection died This happened more times and then this time I wasn t able to connect at all Any help would be appreciated and if I ve already tried something let me know if I should try it again Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

Good evening,

I lost my Internet connection after using Combofix.

Thank you for your help.

A:Problem to access Internet

ComboFix usage, Questions, Help? - Look hereUnlike what many people think, Combofix is not a fix-all program that's just "run and done". It is a highly specialized tool that should only be used under the supervision of an expert. It's not an "everyday use", clean-all program.If you suspect malware, please post a new topic in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs sub-forum, with a description of the issues you are having and the log file. Please note: the Malware Response team are always overwhelmed, and it could take a few days to get your first reply. Just be patient and don't "bump" your topic by replying to it. You will also likely be scolded for running Combofix without supervision.If you don't suspect malware and just ran Combofix for no good reason, please uninstall it by typing the following into the "Run" box and pressing Enter: combofix /uninstall. In this case, we will try to diagnose your problems here in the Windows XP sub-forum.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/305300/problem-to-access-internet/
Relevancy 45.15%

My notebook gets connected to internet but i am unable to access any search engine or website.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Internet-access-problem/td-p/5823094
Relevancy 45.15%

I have wireless at my home and everything worked perfectly until yesterday afternoon. Internet icon at the task bar shows me that I'm connected to the network, when I do the ping test in cmd, everything works fine, it has a connection to the Internet, when I connect to wireless on my phone it works fine too, at the other computers that I have internet works, just doesn't work at this one computer, I even tried to "host" internet via my phone (portable hotspot and USB tethering), but no results (even on the phone all works perfectly). I guess the problem is somewhere in my computer but can not figure out what it is. Do you happen to have any idea what could cause the problem? I even tried to uninstall drivers for my network adapter, reboot PC and to let it install again, disable all firewalls, flush dns, and again, no results.

A:I can't access internet problem

Firstly, could you please follow this post so that we can see your Network configuration for the computer that is unable to connect to the internet - Network Posting Tips

Many Thanks for your Co-Operation,
Josh!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/296086-i-cant-access-internet-problem.html
Relevancy 45.15%

HelloLately I have been having internet access problem in my computer It started about the same I replaced my faulty GPU computer was turned off for weeks until I got it replaced I am connected to the internet with a modem one computer no network and a dialer configured according to ISP instructions I also applied a registry patch they asked to in a case of the dialer giving error message when its first configured like after windows reinstall Windows Registry Editor Version HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services RasMan Parameters ProhibitIpSec dword I am using Windows XP SP with all windows access problem Internet update high priority updates format and new OS installed a few days ago which did not solve the problem I have updated drivers installed including motherboard chipset and the onboard ethernet controller Internet access problem driver from manufacturers sites The problem details When connected to the internet with the dialer every minutes there is a problem with internet access Looking in Network Connections window the 'Marvell Yukon PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller' line changes from 'Connected' to 'Acquiring network address' There is no internet access at that time until its going back to 'Connected' after about seconds Check the screenshot of Network Connections when the problem happens http img imageshack us img ne connections png - When there is Internet access problem internet access But note the Lease Obtained Expires - Set to expire minutes from when its obtained Sometimes the IP address changes from x - internet access OK to x - no internet access - acquiring network address until IP goes back to x and more rarely to - Yellow exclamation for a minute until IP goes back to x http img imageshack us img ne onnections png - when IP changes to no internet access http img imageshack us img netw onnections png - when IP Internet access problem changes to x no internet access Note I did not check the actual IP address used for internet access its showing when I click on the ISP dialer under Virtual Private Network area Below are the related Event Viewer Warnings Error they happen at the same time that the problem happens Not sure about - ones as they appear at different times but content seems related to internet access so might help you to understand the cause Warning - Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network from the DHCP Server for the Network Card with network address Dxxxxxxx The following error occurred The semaphore timeout period has expired Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address DHCP server Error - Your computer has lost the lease to its IP address x x x on the Network Card with network address Dxxxxxxx Note internet access OK with this IP Warning - Your computer has automatically configured the IP address for the Network Card with network address Dxxxxxxx The IP address being used is x x x Note no internet access with this IP Information - The browser has forced an election on network Device NetBT Tcpip D D E - - B -AF - B B because a master browser was stopped - Not Related Warning - The server was unable to find a free connection times in the last seconds This indicates a spike in network traffic If this is happening frequently you should consider increasing the minimum number of free connections to add headroom To do that modify the MinFreeConnections and MaxFreeConnections for the LanmanServer in the registry Warning - TCP IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts I noticed that the dialer does not disconnect when I get Event Viewer Message see above there is just no internet access for those few seconds Sometimes though there is a yellow exclamation on it then I get Messages and see above in this case the dialer disconnects I have tried to change the network card ethernet cable format and reinstall windows without installing anti virus and without firewall Probl... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/314376/internet-access-problem/
Relevancy 45.15%

When I start my computer normally, I'm connected to the internet, but when I open Firefox, it would take 30 minutes to open a page! I tried to use the browsers Safari and IE, but it has the same problem. The torrent I'm downloading still has the same speed even before this problem and MSN still connects to the internet (though Yahoo! Messenger can't). I just can't seem to surf the net. @[email protected]

Yet when I started my computer in Safe Mode with Networking, I surf the internet just fine. No problems whatsoever.

What's wrong? @[email protected] Is this a virus or something?

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/197837-internet-access-problem.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi i need help my internet browsing is very slow and most of the time it takes forever to open a site i have scan with highjackthis can you please check the log file many thanks i hope to hear a Access Internet Problem positive response Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Access Problem Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system Internet Access Problem lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Broadcom ASFIPMon AsfIpMon exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Workstations MP avp exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaantmon Internet Access Problem exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardianSvc exe C Program Files LogMeIn x RaMaint exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeIn exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C WINDOWS system ICO EXE C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaanotif exe C Program Files Google Google Talk googletalk exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Workstations MP avp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Lexmark ErrorApp LMab err exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C WINDOWS system LMabcoms exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings storage Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http g msn co uk SEENGB SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http g msn co uk SEENGB SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http g msn co uk SEENGB SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Persistence C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe O - HKLM Run PMX Daemon ICO EXE O - HKLM Run IAAnotif quot C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaanotif exe quot O - HKLM Run googletalk C Program Files Google Google Talk googletalk exe a... Read more

Relevancy 45.15%

My laptop is Dell Inspiron 1420.

I setup Windows 7 and use it very well. But I can't connect Internet.

1/ When connect, always "No Internet Access":

2/ Therefore, I can't connect to the Internet:
Firefox:

Internet Explore:

3/ But, Internet Download Manager connect to the Internet and I still download files.

4/ I tried to use TroubleShooting, but don't solve.

Can you help me?

Thanks for helping...

A:Problem: No Internet Access

Hi, is it safe to post those details, especially the phone number ??

Anyway, for your wireless adapter, did u enabled auto IP detection? From just guessing you may have IP issue.

Can you go to command prompt and give us the ipconfig /all details?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/37430-problem-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi - I IP access internet problem need some help here IP internet access problem I have just shifted into a hostel and the internet provider only uses IP internet access via IP phone I have been having unstable internet access ie I usually am unable to log on to the internet at night but usually have no problems logging on in the day Is there such a thing like quot time activated virus quot I talked to the internet provider helpdesk and we have tested that the lan line access has no problem ie my neighbours could access internet with their laptop using my lan cable while I am unable to access the internet even if I use their lan cable It also does not seem to have any problem with the capacity access ie number of users who are logged on to the network The internet provider suspects that there is a problem with the settings I have tried disabling the firewall and anti-virus system but it still does not help I have ran the virus scan and there are no virus on the laptop either Appreciate any advice on potential areas to look out on settings etc as it is becoming like a quot lottery quot feeling everytime I log on to my lapop to see if I can access the inernet Thanks

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/182855-ip-internet-access-problem.html
Relevancy 45.15%

For about three months I have been putting up with a situation that occurs randomly but often Both browsers IE and Firefox work the same Connected thru Cox w cable modem Websites are slow to load at times other times they load at normal high speed and at other times no sites will access internet problem load connection seems dead but status bar is indication that site has been found waiting for response - trying a different unrelated site does the same I can go off and do something else for a while come back and have normal operation without rebooting or otherwise resetting anything I recently added a new laptop and wireless router and much to my distress it suffers from the same malady Digital cable works fine so I know the cable is good and I can disconnect either the hardwired computer or the laptop remove the router and neither computer will work any better internet access problem without the other Both are running Win XP home Seems like a cable modem problem can I check it How Dick nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

Hello I recently switched internet service provider The new company sent me a modem Zylex Model PK Z Here is my problem I only can connect one of my computers at a time say laptop via wireless to the internet The computer remaining plus the DVD player Access Problem Internet which can connect to the wireless also are able to connect to the modem via wireless but do not have internet access I can shut down the laptop and turn the desktop on reset the modem and then I have internet access Internet Access Problem Same with the DVD player model Insignia Does not matter which equipment I need to work on laptop PC or DVD player mostly for Netflix seems like the modem give internet access only one at the time This only after the modem is reset after I start Internet Access Problem the computer I am about to use On the event I have all on at the same time only one has internet access The first one I turn on the remaining show connected to the modem but local only not internet access nbsp

A:Internet Access Problem

Is it in Bridge mode (acting as modem only)? If so, take it out of that mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-access-problem.1141572/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi, I'm having this problem where my computer will connect to the wireless modem but it won't be able to get on the internet. The other computer can connect to the internet just fine however and when it does, my computer is usually able to connect as well but by itself, it won't connect.

What's even stranger is that the internet light on the modem comes on if I use the phone and my computer will be able to connect to the internet...until I hang up the phone. I'm thinking there's something about my computer that won't allow it to give out a signal or something that allows it to connect to the internet but I'm not sure.

I'm using DSL and the laptop I'm having problems with is running Windows 7. Anyone have any ideas as to what the problem is here?

A:No Internet Access problem

Hi:So let's get some preliminary info first:
Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Make and exact model and hardware version of any other network equipment, like a repeater, a booster, hi-gain antenna, etc.
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.
&#8226; If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
&#8226; For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
&#8226; For wireless laptops, have you made SURE the wireless switch is on?
&#8226;
&#8226; Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
&#8226; If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see thisfrom the failing connection)

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands on separate lines, following each one with the Enter key:

PING 74.125.45.100

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-internet-access-problem.915048/
Relevancy 45.15%

I am having problems accessing the internet Internet to Access Problem on my laptop Access to Internet Problem XP operating system There are times when access is not a problem and other times when I cannot get on the net It s not a problem with the ISP since the problem occurs when utilizing two different ISPs When the problem occurs the following is displayed in the Control Panel Security quot The Security Center is currently unavailable because the Security Center service has not started or was stopped Please close this window restart the computer or start the Security Center - service and then open the Security Center again quot The computer will then not turn off and has to be manually turned off I ran the Microsoft Safety Scanner and it found only one threat which it did not remove - Exploit Java CVE- - D ldr I also ran a full scan with Avast and Malwarebytes and not threats were found Problem started about a week ago Please let me know what steps need to be taken to fix Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/461270/access-to-internet-problem/
Relevancy 45.15%

I try to access the internet with Explorer or Firefox and all I get is an hour glass and nothing comes on the screen, not even a message to tell me that I cannot access the internet. I know my connection is good because I have another computer attached to the router and I can gain access from that computer.

A:Internet access problem

Hello and welcome to TSF, I need to know a little bit more about how your computer connects to the internet so that I can help you to resolve this issue.

What kind of computer do you have? Is it a Dell, HP, Ect.? and is it a desktop, or a laptop?

Do you connect wirelessly or is the computer plugged into the router?

Have you made any changes to the computer since it started to experience this problem? Software or hardware?

Which operating system are you running on this computer? XP Home or XP Pro?

Do you know which Service pack you are currently using? SP1,2, or 3?

Have you had this computer connected to your network before?

If you will answer those questions for me we can proceed.

I will monitor this thread throughout the day. If you resolve this problem on your own or with the info I provided please let me know so I can move on to other issues. Also please mark this thread solved using the thread tools option located at the top of this thread and selecting solved from the drop down menu when you are finished with this thread.

Thank you
Patmark

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/internet-access-problem-513788.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I'm in the process of setting up my new PC with Vista premiuim.

I have no problem getting on the internet through IE7. However, after installing several applications (Family Tree Maker 2008) and The Weather Chanel freebie that lets you keep up with local weather, I find that I cannot access the Internet for specifics required by those applications using the links within the application.

I'm sure there must be a problem in my settings somewhere, but after several hours, I'm still stumped

My computer is a Dell XPS 420 with 4GB of Ram. Email and IE7 work perfectly.
I use the AVG Firewall.

Would appreciate any advice.

Joe

Relevancy 45.15%

Recently got a BT hub for wireless internet, and although the hub says everything is running fine, my laptop cannot get internet access. It can connect to the BT hub through wireless ok, but then it doesnt get internet access.

If i look at my network map ( in control panel -> network and internet) it shows that i'm connected to the Hub ok, then the Hub is connected to the 'gateway' ok (?!? dont know what this is ), but then the gateway is not connected to the internet. Ive tried running diagnostics on everything i can, but this doesnt find the problem or says the DNS server isnt responding.

Really frustrating as my brothers laptop, and my dads iPad both connect just fine.

I have Windows 7, and i think a Atheros AR5B93 Wireless network adapter, dont know if that helps

Is there any way to solve this ?

thanks

A:Problem with internet access

May we see:
From a Johnwill post on the Networking Forum
Try these simple tests.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

NOTE: For the items below surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous IPCONFIG command output! Do NOT type <computer_IP_address> into the command, that won't work. Also, the < and > in the text is to identify the parameters, they are also NOT used in the actual commands.

Do NOT include the <> either, they're just to identify the values for substitution.

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 8.8.8.8

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above. (For Vista/Win7, the IPv4 Address)

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-internet-access.1002668/
Relevancy 45.15%

I just got a new ISP and i dont know shit when it comes too networking Heres the problem i Got the whole quot Local Area access please problem another internet Help Connection quot Doesnt have a Valid Ip Configuration I got a Netgear Gs Router I dont know if thats a compatiable enough but yet agian i had it working last week heres my DXdiag info and my IPConfig Info Code ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time Help please another internet access problem of this report Machine name CHIN-PC Operating System Windows Ultimate -bit Build win gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer FOXCONN System Model P A BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU E GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting DPI percent System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name ATI Radeon HD Series Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc Chip type ATI display adapter x DAC type Internal DAC MHz Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model DELL FPW Monitor Id DELA Native Mode x p Hz Output Type DVI Driver Name atiumd dll atidxx dll atiumdag atidxx atiumdva atiumd a cap atitmm dll Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo'd n a WHQL Date Stamp n a Device Identifier D B EE -D D - CF-FB - A C C Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x Driver Strong Name oem inf ATI Mfg NTamd ati mtag R X pci ven amp dev Rank Of Driver E Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C Deinterlace Caps E FF-B - B-BCF -BCB E F Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY E FF-B - B-BCF -BCB E F Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps C C - FB - F - - BF EE D Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive C DAD-CCBC- B- C - CF F A Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive E FF-B - B-BCF -BCB E F Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProc... Read more

A:Help please another internet access problem

Quote: Originally Posted by xxchin619xx

I just got a new ISP and i dont know shit when it comes too networking....Heres the problem... i Got the whole "Local Area Connection 2" Doesnt have a Valid Ip Configuration. I got a Netgear Gs 108 Router..... I dont know if thats a compatiable enough but yet agian i had it working last week. heres my DXdiag info and my IPConfig Info.

Code:
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 6/26/2010, 18:25:07
Machine name: CHIN-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100226-1909)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: FOXCONN
System Model: P45A01
BIOS: BIOS Date: 08/27/08 14:32:29 Ver: 08.00.15
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7400 @ 2.80GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4096MB RAM
Page File: 1566MB used, 6622MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode
------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.
--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x9490)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9490&SUBSYS_20031787&REV_00
Display Memory: 2296 MB
Dedicated Memory: 505 MB
Shared Memory: 1791 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1200 (32 bit) (59Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: DELL 2405FPW
Monitor Id: DELA010
Native Mode: 1920 x 1200(p) (59.950Hz)
Output Type: DVI
Driver Name: atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll
Driver File Version: 8.14.0010.0716 (English)
Driver Version: 8.681.0.0
DDI Version: 10.1
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 11/24/2009 19:50:14, 4683776 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: n/a
WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
Device Identifier: {D7B71EE2-D7D0-11CF-FB76-0900A1C2C535}
Vendor ID: 0x1002
Device ID: 0x9490
SubSys ID: 0x20031787
Revision ID: 0x0000
Driver Strong Name: oem1.inf:ATI.Mfg.NTamd64.6.1:ati2mtag_R7X:8.681.0.0:pci\ven_1002&dev_9490
Rank Of Driver: 00E62001
Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C
Deinterlace Caps: {6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
{6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(I... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/93735-help-please-another-internet-access-problem.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I have three (3) systems behind a linksys router talking through a Motorola cable modem to comcast -- an eMachines PC, Dell Laptop, and HP Laptop. Both have IE and Firefox browsers, and all run the same version of Windows XP. Two, the eMachines PC and Dell laptop, cannot access certain web sites (e.g. blogs.abcnews.com) whereas the HP Laptop can always access those sites the others can't.

At ping level the two can ping abcnews.com, but not blogs.abcnews.com. The HP Laptop can ping both. Even when firewalls are turned off on all machines.

How do I diagnose this?

Well, it appears that it's something on the two machines, since you have one machine connected to the same router, using the same ISP connection, and it works fine.

I'd start by looking at the security applications running on the machines with the issues, perhaps a firewall or some other thing like a virus scanner or spyware detector is blocking it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-access-problem.691976/
Relevancy 45.15%

My brother recently gave me his Access Problem Internet hand-me-down PC w W SE As I tried to cleanup the HDD I installed V-Com System Suite My firewall showed that Windows Explorer Internet Access Problem would try to access the net everytime IE was opened When I blocked access for Windows Explorer thru Internet Access Problem my firewall IE was blocked as well I have run Adaware and Spybot but it hasn t done the job Here s my HJT report Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SE Win x A MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE Internet Access Problem C PROGRAM FILES VCOM SYSTEMSUITE MXTASK EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SPOOL EXE C WINDOWS DESKTOP HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http channels aimtoday com search aimtoolbar jsp R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchAssistant http www websearch com ie aspx tb id tb id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - URLSearchHook no name - C AB F-A - e- C - A E A - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C PROGRAM FILES ADOBE ACROBAT READER ACTIVEX ACROIEHELPER DLL O - BHO CleanMyPC Popup Blocker - A BC B - F - c -A D- E E - no file O - BHO Viewpoint Toolbar BHO - A C -B - EDB- - D C EC - C PROGRAM FILES VIEWPOINT VIEWPOINT TOOLBAR VIEWBARBHO DLL O - BHO MyWay Search Assistant BHO - - - dea- C- ECD AA - no file O - Toolbar CleanMyPC Toolbar - EC - E - - E- E - no file O - Toolbar Viewpoint Toolbar - F AD AA -D - - DAF- D B - C PROGRAM FILES VIEWPOINT VIEWPOINT TOOLBAR VIEWBAR DLL O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - HKLM Run ScanRegistry C WINDOWS scanregw exe autorun O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run Fix-It AV C PROGRA VCOM SYSTEM MEMCHECK EXE O - Startup Adobe Gamma Loader exe lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Startup SystemSuite lnk C Program Files VCOM SystemSuite MXTask exe O - Extra context menu item amp AIM Search - res C PROGRAM FILES AIM TOOLBAR AIMBAR DLL aimsearch htm O - Extra context menu item amp Viewpoint Search - res C PROGRAM FILES VIEWPOINT VIEWPOINT TOOLBAR VIEWBAR DLL CXTSEARCH HTML O - DPF A D -B - D - CC - A AAF WONWebLauncher Class - http www flipside com cab WONWebLauncherControl cab O - DPF B DA - F - - D - F E A ACNPlayer Class - http ACNePlayer cab O - DPF E- FB - D -A - FAEE B CscClnt Class - http www pollg com central cccabs CleverContent cab O - DPF F AD - B - E-B AA- AF B CRegistryDownload Class - http download paltalk com webregtest RegDload CAB O - DPF BCB- D A- D -A B- DA DE RdxIE Class - http software-dl real com e a f a db d b netzip RdxIE cab O - DPF F -B - -A -B BB A C - http a g akamai net pple com mickey us win QuickTimeInstaller exe O - DPF - E - E-A AB- D C ADFDE - http a g akamai net apple com saba us win QuickTimeInstaller exe O - DPF F C - E - B - A -BA D D D Secure Delivery - http www gamespot com KDX download kdx cab O - DPF E D D -A - - FAD- E C - http fdl msn com zone datafiles heartbeat cab O - DPF B BE E -A C- D -A DC- ZoneIntro Class - http zone msn com binFramework v ZIntro cab cab O - DPF - - E - D - A B AF B - http hotsearchbar com toolbar winhot cab O - DPF C AB F-A - E- C - A E A - http toolbar isearch com general Thanks for your help nbsp

My firewall showed that Windows Explorer would try to access the net everytime IE was opened. When I blocked access for Windows Explorer thru my firewall, IE was blocked Click to expand...

if you blocked it . you need to give it access .. in the firewall /antivirus program your using , scroll until you see the IE symbol and give it access =unblock it
hope this helps ...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-access-problem.335252/
Relevancy 45.15%

A friends computer can't go on the internet. The ISP tech support helped me eliminate the common causes. The cable modem is working properly. When I pinged Yahoo.com, It did not find the server, but when I pinged yahoos IP address it worked perfectly. I tried a couple IP address I know and they worked. it is IP names it will not find. anyone know how to fix it?

A:Odd Internet Access Problem

dking63 said:

A friends computer can't go on the internet. The ISP tech support helped me eliminate the common causes. The cable modem is working properly. When I pinged Yahoo.com, It did not find the server, but when I pinged yahoos IP address it worked perfectly. I tried a couple IP address I know and they worked. it is IP names it will not find. anyone know how to fix it?Click to expand...

Hi dking63,

Try this:
Start->Run->cmd->ok
cd ../..
C:\>ipconfig /all

If there are no entries for the DNS servers, that is the reason why when you try and ping yahoo.com it does not work while you can also ping by ip address and it does work - i.e. pinging by ip address verifies that yahoo.com is up and running, and pinging by name, yahoo.com, may verify that either your DNS server is down or not specified.

Your ISP should be able to help you specify the DNS servers if not specified, so write them down to be able to ping them in the future.

-- Tom

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/odd-internet-access-problem.397537/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi I have an HP laptop pavilion dv - us I had windows RC on it - every thing worked fine I just upgraded to windows ultimate RTM The problem I have a router linksys WRT GL and another computer at home I am able to access shared folders on the other computer and visa versa but I cant connect to the internet More over i cant connect to the web interface of the router from Internet access problem my laptop I havent changed any settings in the router my second computer able to access internet and router's web interface without a problem I tried updating all HP drivers that are out on their website - nothing works No proxy is set in my browser I am able to ping Google from my laptop and it works Another interesting points is Windows update downloads and install updates freely I read other threads around here i dont have any itunes apps installed No mdnsresponder exe in task manager Tried to disable ipv - didnt help Tried disabling DNS Client service - didnt help Setting Internet access problem a static ip - didnt help Setting firewall off - didnt help Uninstalled kaspersky antivirus - didnt help I rechecked my dns settings in the router in the ISP and in my laptop ipconfig all They seem to be correct I cant ping them from any of my computers though Any help would be appreciated

Quote: Originally Posted by archmisha

but I cant connect to the internet.

Check for mdnsresponder.exe in task manager. If you have, means Bonjour. Google Bonjour for how to safely uninstall completely from system

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/35033-internet-access-problem.html
Relevancy 45.15%

G'day This is my first post to any forum anywhere ever As you will no doubt realise I am not much of a computer techie I stumbled across this forum whilst looking for help with a web problem I have a Problem Internet Access PC which is connected to the web via NTL Internet Access Problem broadband I have set up a wireless network using a Netgear router The network appears to be working perfectly i e my laptop is Internet Access Problem quot seeing quot the network as well as a few others around my area and I have a good connection with a speed of mbps The only problem is that I cannot access the web I have tried using IE and Firefox and all I get is quot Page Not Found quot IE or quot Try Again quot Firefox I have had the laptop for about months and it has never been connected to the web I am running Windows XP Home Edition I have spoken to a few friends who have checked various settings and they think all the internet options are OK I'd be grateful for any assistance Failing that the laptop is going out of the window

Hi Johnyob

A few assumptions first:
1) Your original NTL broadband setup was for a desktop PC.
2) That original PC connects to the Internet OK.
3) That original NTL broadband setup uses coaxial cable to the NTL box.
4) That original NTL broadband setup uses ethernet cable to the PC.
5) You added and configured your Netgear wireless router yourself.

If any of my assumptions are wrong, let me know & we'll adjust things a bit.

If all the above assumptions are correct, let's make sure the laptop's basic Internet settings are OK, by making a wiredconnection via an ethernet cable.
1) Your Netgear router should have an ethernet cable from it's WAN/Uplink connector to an ethernet port on the NTL cable "modem".
2) Another ethernet cable should run from an ethernet port on the router to the ethernet port on the PC.
3) For trouble-shooting purposes, unplug the ethernet cable from the back of the PC - and instead plug it into an ethernet port on the laptop.
4) Go to Internet Options in the XP Control Panel, and make sure that under the "Connections" tab, the LAN setting has a checkmark in the box before the line "automatically detect".
5) Test for an Internet connection.
6) Should this not work at first, reboot the laptop, and test for a connection again.

Should that work, at least you know the laptop's basic Internet connectivity is possible.

The barrier is likely the wireless setup. It's important to know that the wireless setup of the laptop needs to match that of the router. If your router is configured to use WEP, WPA, or WPA2 encryption to ensure secure communications, your laptop's wireless configuration will need to accomodate those settings. If the router has been setup to filter connections by the MAC address of computers attempting to connect, you'll need to add your laptop's MAC address to the list of allowed addresses [from your laptop's command line, the "ipconfig /all" command (without the quotes) would give you the laptop's MAC address (it will be listed as "Physical Address", and be a set of 6 pairs of alphanumeric characters, separated by dashes NN-NN-NN-NN-NN-NN)]. The laptop will have to choose your network by it's unique network name (broadcast ID) and if secured, the laptop will need to provide the password, pass-phrase, and be set to the same sort of encryption (if any) that the router is setup to use. All these details are usually covered in the manuals for your Netgear router.

Many broadband providers don't officially support troubles with routers, but will often give you enough help to get you started in the right direction - if you give them a call and explain your predicament. They want to keep your business, after all!

Best of luck
. . . Gary

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/internet-access-problem-132585.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I m posting for a Access Internet Problem different user who Internet Access Problem is unable to access the Internet We ve run CWShredder Adaware and Norton Antivirus Some items detected and deleted but still no access Did we miss something By the way I was unable to update HijackThis tonight so I hope this version is still current Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SE Win x A MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C Internet Access Problem WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSTASK EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES SYMANTEC SHARED CCEVTMGR EXE C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM RNAAPP EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM TAPISRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE C WINDOWS Internet Access Problem TASKMON EXE C MOUSE SYSTEM EM EXEC EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SPOOL EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM STIMON EXE C WINDOWS LOADQM EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM QTTASK EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM HPZTSB EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM HPHMON EXE C PROGRAM FILES HEWLETT-PACKARD PHOTOSMART PHOTO IMAGING HPI MONITOR EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES SYMANTEC SHARED CCAPP EXE C MSSYNC EXE C PROGRAM FILES AMERICA ONLINE A WAOL EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM HPHIPM EXE C WINDOWS DESKTOP HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Dell R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchAssistant http www websearch com ie aspx tb id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main CustomizeSearch res C PROGRA TOOLBAR TOOLBAR DLL sa R - URLSearchHook no name - A - E E- -B D- DBE - no file O - BHO no name - CD C CF - B - D -ABED- C - C PROGRA GO ZILLA GOIEHLP DLL file missing O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C PROGRAM FILES ADOBE ACROBAT READER ACTIVEX ACROIEHELPER OCX O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar no name - BB F-A - C -A F- EA EC - no file O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run ScanRegistry c windows scanregw exe autorun O - HKLM Run TaskMonitor c windows taskmon exe O - HKLM Run EM EXEC c mouse system em exec exe O - HKLM Run LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM Run StillImageMonitor C WINDOWS SYSTEM STIMON EXE O - HKLM Run RegisterDropHandler C PROGRA TEXTBR BIN REGIST EXE O - HKLM Run LoadQM loadqm exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task C WINDOWS SYSTEM QTTASK EXE O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS SYSTEM hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run HPHmon C WINDOWS SYSTEM HPHMON EXE O - HKLM Run CXMon quot C Program Files Hewlett-Packard PhotoSmart Photo Imaging Hpi Monitor exe quot O - HKLM Run ccApp quot c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM Run MsSync C MSSYNC EXE O - HKLM Run MsFirewall C MSFIREWALL EXE O - HKLM RunServices LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM RunServices SchedulingAgent mstask exe O - HKLM RunServices RegisterDropHandler C PROGRA TEXTBR BIN REGIST EXE O - HKLM RunServices ccEvtMgr quot c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe quot O - HKLM RunServices ScriptBlocking quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Script Blocking SBServ exe quot -reg O - Extra button AIM HKLM O - Extra button Messenger HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Messenger HKLM O - Extra button Real com HKLM O - Extra button Dell Home HKCU O - Plugin for spop C PROGRA INTERN Plugins NPDocBox dll O - Plugin for pdf C PROGRA INTERN PLUGINS nppdf dll O - DPF C- - D - B F- A A - http downloads mplayer com MplayerAutoInstaller exe O - DPF Serome Web Phone - http www dialpad com applet vscp cab O - DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - Shockwave Flash O... Read more

Relevancy 44.72%

hi....having trouble with wireless internet...access local only...
was working just fine for few months but yesterday it failed...
since yesterday i have 2 laptops, the other one with windows xp and is working fine...accually my problem started when my friend and i used internet at the same time in the same room...don't know if this could be the issue...
when i use network diagnostics it responds....

windows confirmed that 'primary DNS server' is currently online but is not responding to connection attempts at this time...
this ussually means that a firewall is running somewhere between the two computers and is blocking the domain...a remote firewall might be blocking your connection...

or..there is an option to reset the network adapter Wireless network connection-wich I did but it doesn't help...
i tryed config/all
config/renew-does not help
when i try to type letter c in the start search box, it immediatlly restarts internet explorer...
please help...

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/180009-internet-local-access-only-problem-please-help.html
Relevancy 44.72%

My problem started because I couldnít get windows media player to see a disk loaded to burn a CD. I thought it was because of my recent upgrade to 11. So I decided to uninstall 11, by going to the add/ remove in control panel, but it instead it said it would go back to 10. When that was complete, I didnít recognize anything. I tried system restore which didnít work. I also couldnít get online. The computer said I needed to register with Microsoft, which I did, but I still could not get online. There are also some things that I simply canít get to. There are things I canít access in the control panel. My display screen doesnít look the same. If anyone is familiar with how this problem occurred and/or how it can be reversed and how I can get back online, please let me know.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/from-burn-problem-to-internet-access.933551/
Relevancy 44.72%

PLLLLLEEEZZZEEEE help me out I have access Problem internet/trojan help several files that keep requesting internet access but everytime I block access it cause my comp to shut down Problem access internet/trojan help Everytime I run a virus scan more stuff is found Whatever the problem is has caused my comp to slow down to where is can't tell whether its breathing or not and I cannot get access to the internet anymore Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe Problem access internet/trojan help C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Problem access internet/trojan help Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system svehost exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee HackerWatch HWAPI exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcods exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcpromgr exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee redirsvc redirsvc exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe c program files mcafee mpf mc mpfalert exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C DOCUME PEIWEN LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www sina com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO C WINDOWS System ahd jdgh dll - A C - F - D-FF - A C - C WINDOWS System ahd jdgh dll file missing O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar no name - BF - F - - - FE E AA - no file O - HKLM Run Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run SpywareBot C Program Files SpywareBot SpywareBot exe -boot O - HKLM Run Intel system tool C WINDOWS system svehost exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader reader sl exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Synchronizer lnk C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader AdobeCollabSync exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item amp Translate English Word - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmwordtrans html O - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks html O - Extra context menu item Cached Snapshot of Page - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmcache html O - Extra context menu item Similar Pages - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsimilar html O - Extra context menu item Translate Page into English - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmtrans html O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe file missing O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe file ... Read more

A:Problem access internet/trojan help

Hi Maq2000 and welcome to TechSupport!

Use Internet Explorer to download ATF-I get an error when I use Firefox.

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.

This program is for XP and Windows 2000 onlyDouble-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you use Firefox browserClick Firefox at the top and choose:Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click
No at the prompt.
If you use Opera browserClick Opera at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE:If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
For Technical Support, double-click the e-mail address located at the bottom of each menu.

STEP 1.
======
Stop and Disable ServiceGo to Start > Run and type in Services.msc then cllick OK
Click the Extended tab.
Scroll down until you find Boonty Games - BOONTY
Click once on the service to highlight it.
Click Stop
Right-Click on the service.
Click on 'Properties'
Select the 'General' tab
Click the Arrow-down tab on the right-hand side on the 'Start-up Type' box
From the drop-down menu, click on ?Disabled'
Click the 'Apply' tab, then click 'OK'
The service is now stopped and disabled.

Please set your system to show all files; please see here if you're unsure how to do this.
===================
Close all programs leaving only HijackThis running. Place a check against each of the following, making sure you get them all and not any others by mistake:
O2 - BHO: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ahd838jdgh.dll - {A25849C4-93F3-429D-FF34-260A2068897C} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\ahd838jdgh.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Intel system tool] C:\WINDOWS\system32\svehost.exe
O23 - Service: Boonty Games - BOONTY - C:\Program Files\Common Files\BOONTY Shared\Service\Boonty.exe
Click on Fix Checked when finished and exit HijackThis.

Reboot into Safe Mode: please see here if you are not sure how to do this.

Using Windows Explorer, locate the following files/folders, and delete them:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svehost.exe<=file
C:\Program Files\Common Files\BOONTY Shared\<=folder
Exit Explorer, and reboot as normal afterwards.

======
Please download AVG Anti-Spyware from HERE
and save that file to your
desktop.
This is a 30 day trial of the programOnce you have downloaded ewido anti-spyware, locate the icon on the desktop
and double-click it to launch the set up program.
Once the setup is complete you will need run ewido and update the definition files.
On the main screen select the icon "Update"
then select the "Update now" link.
Next select the "Start Update" button,
the update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.
Once the update has completed select the "Scanner" icon at the top of
the screen, then select the "Settings" tab.
Once in the Settings screen click on "Recommended actions" and then
select ""Quarantine".".
Under "Reports"Select "Automatically generate report after every scan"
Un-Select "Only if threats were found
"
Close AVG Anti-Spyware, Do Not run a scan just yet, we will shortly.Reboot your computer into SafeMode. You can do this by restarting
your computer and continually tapping the F8 key until a menu appears.
Use your up arrow key to highlight SafeMode then hit enter.
IMPORTANT: Do not open any other windows or
programs while ewido is scanning, it may interfere with the scanning proccess:
Lauch ewido-anti-spyware by double-clicking the icon on your desktop.
Select the "Scanner" icon at the top and then the "Scan" tab
then click on "Complete System Scan".
AVG Anti-Spyware will now begin the scanning process, be patient this may take a little time.
Once the scan is complete do the foll... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/problem-access-internet-trojan-help-152994.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I recently been having connection issues for the past few weeks. I'll be able to connect to the internet in my household for a few hours and then all of a sudden ill lose connection. I eventually get a yellow warning icon covering my internet bars icon. My internet works fine again once i reset the router and modem, but i will get the same problem again after an hour or 2. I'm starting to think it's a problem with my modem or with my router. I use a Motorola modem and a Lynksys router if that helps. Also it's not just my computer, my xbox doesn't connect online either when this happens. Anybody have any suggestions. It's really annoying having to unplug the router and modem every few hours.

A:Connected but no internet access problem

Hi there, As a network engineer, I can only think of two problems:

Since you mentioned that not only your laptop, but your x-box drops the connection, the problem lies either with the modem, router or your internet service provider.

Now let me explain:
1) It is possible that due to over heating, modems start dropping packets (I have experienced this)
2) you may have trouble with the linksys router.
3) your modem loses connectivity probably because you were disconnected from the ISP.

to narrow down this problem there are a few things that you can do -
wait until the same problem occurs again. Now, go to the command prompt and ping google.com, record the messages,
in the command prompt, ping your router's IP, record the results.

Also, without resetting the router and modem, try using an ethernet cord, do both the ping tests again.
Paste the results here. This will help us identify the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-but-no-internet-access-problem.1020787/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a Dell 8200 with Windows XP and Earthlink on my home computer. I started having problems with the whole system after downloading Firefox browser and then removing it. Internet Explorer seemed to be missing, Windows games were gone, Media Player did not work, etc. Dell Support walked me through a reinstall of Windows, but still having problems. It's very slow, and now can't even get to the internet. Do I need to format the hard disk to get a completely clean slate? Please help!

Relevancy 44.72%

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop Vista running Symantec Endpoint for security My wifi at home comes from my desktop with modem and a Belkin router It s been up and running in this configuration for about a access internet Sudden problem week now And Sudden internet access problem for a couple months I ve been getting this quot Symantec AntiVirus has stopped working and was closed quot This seemed to be there every morning after Symantec ran it s daily check But all indicators were always green for both Symantec and my Windows security Then yesterday morning suddenly I tried to open IE and got quot Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage Sudden internet access problem quot I tried a couple different websites just to be sure my homepage wasn t just down It wasn t I checked my network connection it was good and with a strong signal I tried uninstalling my network card then restarting No joy there Sudden internet access problem either I m on my desktop right now and all is well there Any ideas

A:Sudden internet access problem

Hello, posiible malware infection here. i wll move us to the Am I Infected forum so we can run a scan.First run TFC by OTPlease download TFC by Old Timer and save it to your desktop. alternate download linkSave any unsaved work. TFC will close ALL open programs including your browser! Double-click on TFC.exe to run it. If you are using Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator. Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process and let it run uninterrupted to completion. Important! If TFC prompts you to reboot, please do so immediately. If not prompted, manually reboot the machine anyway to ensure a complete clean.Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (v1.46) and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.If Malwarebytes Anti-Malware results in any error messages, check the Help file's list of error codes within its program folder first. If you do not find any information, please refer to Common Issues, Questions, and their Solutions, Frequently Asked Questions. If the error you are receiving is not in the list, please report it here so the research team can investigate.Some types of malware will target Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and other security tools to keep them from running properly. If that's the case, please refer to the suggestions provided in For those having trouble running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/318023/sudden-internet-access-problem/
Relevancy 44.72%

I havea very unique problem my problem is that I am accessing the Internet through proxy very well on windows Xp O s with service pack We have a complete setup of our own means we have lease line of Mbps and web server mail server and proxy server is installed at the on XP Windows Problem internet access same location So we are getting the internet through proxy server Problem access internet on Windows XP Means I I reporting the problem in my own LAN I am not using the Broadband or any dial up Internet connection Suddenly I am not able to acess the internet on my private ip but if I change my IP to any new IP in the same range like to I suddenly access the internet If I give the same ip to other machine it work fine and I am accessing the Internet For this I check Firewall of windows - it is off pinging the switch managment IP and Default getway but not the Proxy server cable and NIC is ok Scan for Viruses and now no viruses in the Computer please give me the solution I know the problem is in Windows Xp ple tell the problem and solution urgently nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

I have a very unique problem my problem is that I am accessing the Internet through proxy very well We have a complete setup of our own means we have lease line of Mbps and web server mail server and proxy server is installed at the same location So we are getting the internet through proxy server Means I I reporting the problem in my own LAN I am not ueing the Broadband or any dial up Internet connection Suddenly I am not able to acess the internet on my private ip but if I change my IP to new any in the on internet access Windows XP Problem same range like I suddenly access the internet If I give the same ip to Problem access internet on Windows XP other machine it work fien and give me the access to internet For this I check Firewall of windows - it is off pinging the switch managment IP and Default getway but not the Proxy server cable and NIC is ok Scan for Viruses and now no viruses in the Computer please give me the solution I know the problem is in Windows Xp ple tell the problem and solution urgently

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-access-internet-on-windows-xp-314190.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi there
I am using window 7 home primium 64bit on my Asus laptop.
I had connected the internet at 4 am, but I couldn't have connected the Internet from 9 am til now. The wireless network connection shows 'limited access'.
My roommates can access the Internet by their laptops and I'm using my iPod touch to write this now.
I believe there is no problem in Modem or router. It is not about security key issue, too. I was using the Internet even in the early morning.
It is very weird that the Internet doesn't work although I didn't do anything but shut down and turn on my laptop.
I have been searching websites but I couldn't have found the same problem like mine.

Please help me smart guys.

A:Internet limited access problem

This article describes all the netsh wlan commands you can use in Windows 7 or Vista to collect information about your Wireless connection, especially when you are having problem.

Open a command prompt and enter

netsh wlan show all > netshwlan.txt & notepad netshwlan.txt

That will capture all the available information about your wireless connection, direct the output to a file called netshwlan.txt, open Notepad with the contents of that file.

Post the content here if it's not too big, otherwise use the paperclip options (must use the Go Advanced button below the message input area button to access it).

If you redirect the output to a file when things are working then you can do the same when things are not working and compare them to see what, if anything has changed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/131046-internet-limited-access-problem.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Lately ive noticed my internet had been really slow i had called in my internet DNS problem Slow Access, Internet provider to verify if there was anything wrong with their service They had a technician visit my house they performed some changes on their network and configured my router However upon different speed test with different devices at my house they stated that it was one of my Specific Laptops an HP the one that was causing my network to saturate they stated something was wrong with my laptop and that it caused the home network to saturate overall I just couldnt believe it because my laptop is brand new and nothing is running in the background that might slow Slow Internet Access, DNS problem down my internet beside i always clear cookies and cache for the browser But its strange that the other laptops do run ok Im wondering what could be that might be causing the problem Ive also have been encountering the following message when im using my browser with any page it happens often THIS IS MY LAPTOPS TECH SPECS Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Single Language bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU U GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard HP C Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

Thanks guys for your good work. I use a laptop of 64-bit OS, Windows 7 Intel Core i3CPU. I have been using a Wireless Internet connection for some time now, but this morning my computer won't just connect. It shows the icon, and shows me that there's a connection from the Livebox. When I click on it to connect (please note that I have been accessing internet without having to connect every time I switch on the computer), it asks for network security key but when I enter the key it says "Windows was unable to connect to Livebox".

I have tried using the options given by windows but still it doesn't work. Anyone, please help.

Many thanks in advance.

A:Wireless Internet Access problem

I would remove the wireless profiles and try again - Note all existing wireless network password will be lost and have to be re-entered - see below

have you tried a powercycle - see below

have you tried logging into the router and removing the password and see if it will connect with NO password - if so , log in again and put the password back on

------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to remove Wireless Profiles - for Vista and Windows 7
http://mgmcc.forumotion.net/networking-tutorials-f17/removing-an-existing-wireless-profile-t109.htm
- Vista/Windows7:
- delete the wireless profiles
Start> control Panel> classic view> network and sharing center> manage wireless networks

Delete the profiles
you will then have to enter the wireless security key for any networks you connect to - so make sure you know the correct password , and not using an incorrect password at all

How to power cycle

&#8220;power cycle&#8221; process to reboot or reset the modem/router

Switch off all the devices modem, router and computers also unplug their power cables.
Wait at least 1 to 5 minutes,
Plug the power cords back in, but don&#8217;t switch them on.
First turn on the modem and then wait for a few minutes for it to settle and all the lights to become stable.
Next switch on the router (if a seperate device) and then wait for a few minutes for it to settle and all the lights to become stable.
Now turn on your computer, You should now be able to access the Internet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-internet-access-problem.1068145/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi,

We recently got Sky broadband in the house (in Harlow UK)

and I try to connect wirelessly to internet. I get connection to the network, but only local connection. Other times it says limited connectivity, but eitherway, NO internet. I am using my dongle right now to post here. So I have no problems with dongle, or connected to other networks before, but I just cant get full connection right now. I tried diagnose, and the fixes suggested (re setting IP) etc, but still no luck. I use a Dell laptop. Router all I can see is SKY and the access code. Don't know what kind of router it is, if other than Sky...
Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

Phildas

A:Problem getting internet ,only getting local access

Hello Phildas and welcome to the forums

Can you do the following for me please:

IPCONFIG

1. Open the start menu
2. In the search box, type cmd
3. Right click on cmd and select Run as administrator
4. When command prompt opens, type:

ipconfig /all

Note
There's a space between the ipconfig and the /all
Then take a few screenshots of the displayed information and attach them with your next post
Device Manager

1. Open the start menu
2. In the search box, type Device Manager and open it
3. Expand the Network adapters category and you should see an entry along the lines of this:

Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection

4. Right click on it and select Update Driver Software...

Then reboot your computer.

Once you've rebooted run the attached batch file (as an administrator)

Tom

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/290286-problem-getting-internet-only-getting-local-access.html
Relevancy 44.72%

A friend of mine was attached) problem access (HJT Internet having problems getting Internet access problem (HJT attached) IE to work and it would appear that whilst looking for pics of Kylie this morning tut tut he picked up some nasties I have logged onto to his PC remotely and run CWS Spybot amp AdAware which cleared out a raft of crap and now he is able to browse using IE but I would be grateful if someone to look at the HJT attached and let me know if there s anything else that needs to go As for all the Logitech stuff he recently installed a new IR keyboard and mouse and I don t know what s happened there yet to look further so if there s any suggestions on that too it would be appreciated Thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton Personal Firewall NISUM EXE C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities NPROTECT EXE C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C PROGRA Dantz RETROS retrorun exe C PROGRA NORTON SPEEDD nopdb exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Norton Personal Firewall SymProxySvc exe C Program Files Norton Personal Firewall NISSERV EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C WINDOWS system sessmgr exe C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C Program Files Norton Personal Firewall IAMAPP EXE C PROGRA NORTON NORTON navapw exe C Program Files Adaptec Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Common Files Nokia NCLTools NclTray exe C WINDOWS system carpserv exe C Program Files MSN Apps Updater en-gb msnappau exe C PROGRA Maxtor OneTouch Utils OneTouch exe C PROGRA COMMON Nokia Services SERVIC EXE C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files AdStatus Service AdStatKeep exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe C program files BigFix BigFix exe C program files Logitech SetPoint KEM exe C program files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared wkcalrem exe C program files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C Program Files Logitech SetPoint KHALMNPR EXE C program files WinTV Ir exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries HelpCtr exe C WINDOWS system RDSHOST exe C Program Files AdStatus Service AdStatServ exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Documents and Settings AJA My Documents Internet Download HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www sbs co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www tesco net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page bak http www sbs co uk R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title PlusNet Internet Explorer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO ST - EDE -C B - E- - BF AF E - C Program Files MSN Apps ST en-xu stmain dll O - BHO MSNToolBandBHO - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-gb msntb dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyviewer dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-gb msntb dll O -... Read more

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi guys I'm sure this has been covered on loads of threads here but I can't find an exact remedy to this problem I know my way around a PC I'm no expert but this problem has me stumped I use a vodafone mobile internet dongle to access the net on my PC I have my PS connected to my PC via a network cable I can access my PC media from my PS but I can't get access to the internet My PS shows up in the internet 7 access no - problem Windows PS3 network Windows 7 - PS3 no internet access problem and sharing centre but it shows up as an unidentified network and no internet access as you can see below I've changed my firewall settings on the PC changed my network from Home to Work to Public just to see if this would allow the PS to connect to the internet via the network but non of what I've tried has worked On the PS in networking settings I both set everything to auto and done a custom set up i e IP address DNS etc the PS network test finds the IP address and says it has internet access but still I can't connect to the internet By any chance is there any of you guys who could give me a dummies guide to this So I can start from scratch and finally get this working Sorry if I started up a thread on a topic that has been covered Thanks in advance

A:Windows 7 - PS3 no internet access problem

Connect your ps3, go to network & sharing centre, you should see a unidentified network?, which is the ps3.
Now, above that should be your current connection, & to the right of that is "Connections:" followed by blue text.

Click on that blue text, which is your current connection. Now go to properties, then sharing.

Tick both box's, Now for the important part, in between the two box's you just ticked, you need to select
your ps3's Connection.
Which can be seen next to the unidentified network, in blue text.

That fixed my probs, gl

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/169069-windows-7-ps3-no-internet-access-problem.html
Relevancy 44.72%

My boyfriend recently Mail Access Internet Problem installed WindowsXP on his computer Not long after the installation he began having trouble with his Yahoo mail It seems that he can open Yahoo can access his calendar address book travel stocks etc but is unable to enter any mailboxes i e mail sent drafts trash etc He has totally reformatted his drive installed a new modem but still has absolutely no access to his Yahoo mail His e-mail quot does quot work on other computers but not his He uses Prodigy as his ISP and can access his Prodigy mail Prodigy has even given him new access numbers but still Internet Mail Access Problem nothing works Always comes up with cannot find server or dns error Could this be some sort of a security problem Unfortunately he has retired to Mexico so has no quot local quot telephone numbers or computer consultants there to call I m trying to help him figure it out from this end and certainly am no computer expert at the least Thanks in advance for your time and any help you can give nbsp

A:Internet Mail Access Problem

Don't start a new thread on the same topic.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-mail-access-problem.298354/
Relevancy 44.72%

hi, i have three computers, a lap top and 2 desktops, and a wireless router that enables all three of them to have cable internet access. The computer connected to the router is a dell 2.4 gig with 512 ram running windows xp pro. The router is a belkin. The one that is connected to the router, is malfunctioning, while the other two can still access the internet. I know obviously, that the integrity of the connection and of the network itself is intact. The problem therefore seems to be local to the pc connected to the router. I have tried many things but to no avail. One of the things i tried, was to use the netsh utility to reset the tcpip stack as it is not possible(apparently) in windows xp pro to uninstall and reinstall tcpip manually. Any help would be appreciated. thank you very much

A:internet access problem tcp/ip related?

You can try the following from the command line

Netsh Diag Gui

This will open a networking test utility in XP. Scan the computer ad check the reslts. It might give you a clue as to where the break down is happening. If all else fails, bypass the router on this computer ad plug rigt in to the modem. If you ca get online when connected to the modem but not when connected to the router it could be something about this computer that the router don't like.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-access-problem-tcp-ip-related.178145/
Relevancy 44.29%

Just got a Dell Vostro 320. Loaded on my SpeedTouch 121g to access internet but it won't allow access. Any ideas?
שראל - מדינה שבה נוח ומעניין לנסוע עם הילדים. בוא נתחיל עם
צימרים למשפחות
העובדה כי בישראל פולחן הילדים. הצאצאים שלך יהיו שמחים במוזיאון, וכן מסעדה! בנוסף, לילדים יש הרבה דברים מעניינים - מלבד הים, השמש פירות, אשר יחזק את הגוף של הילד. הבעיה היא שאם יש לך שני ילדים, הם כבר גדולים, הם לא שוכנו בחדר הורים - או צריך להזמין חדר גדול, שני חדרי שישפיעו על מחירה. בנוסף, לעתים קרובות בבית מלון עם ילדים צעירים, רק כדי להיות מביך, ואני אומר את זה בתור אמא. אולי יש לרחוץ או יבש, או שבץ מוחי, כמובן את כל השירותים שם, אבל יקר. שוב, האוכל יוצא דופן ... לכן, עבור משפחות עם ילדים שאנו מציעים בתל אביב דירות בירושלים אורח השכרת להשכרה - זה יעלה 20-30 יורו ללילה לאדם, בדירה נוחה ומרווחת עם כל הפינוקים (כך שגם אם &... Read more

A:Dell Vostro 320 Internet access problem

Quote: Originally Posted by marsel martin

Just got a Dell Vostro 320. Loaded on my SpeedTouch 121g to access internet but it won't allow access. Any ideas?

simple go to speed touch and download its driver for the 121g. Install it.

done
Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/85947-dell-vostro-320-internet-access-problem.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi I have a problem with Internet access details below and would really appreciate any suggestions as I am at a loss - IP Networking has always confused me Thanks Baffled Business Analyst Hardware Acer Aspire Broadcom Netlink Gigabit Ethernet Atheros AR B Wireless I also have a VMWare Player installed so that I can run Linux and XP as guest operating systems as and when I need them Problem I m getting No Internet Access on any Network Connection I ve tried wireless to an Orange Livebox and to a Huawei E MobileWiFi- dbc I ve also tried help No Windows please Access - Problem Solved: 7 Internet a physical connection to the Livebox I ve tried Using Ubuntu booted via USB memory stick I have no connection problem with Ubuntu so it must be a Windows problem ipconfig release and ipconfig renew Solved: Windows 7 No Internet Access Problem - please help combination no change deleting all unwanted WiFi Network connections at first this seemed to fix Solved: Windows 7 No Internet Access Problem - please help the problem but it reoccurred days later Ipconfig information Windows IP Configuration Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe a aabe e a IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter VMware Network Adapter VMnet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe c a c a da Autoconfiguration IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter VMware Network Adapter VMnet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe c c fb fa IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap A E B -AEF - F -B -AE AC BAE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap FA - CAC- F -A EA- C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix nbsp

Relevancy 44.29%

I've been running zone alarm pro v6 for a while, but recently had a scheduled update and after that I'm having problem accessing to internet. I'm getting a message "limited or no connectivity", my IP address from the router is not valid. Also I'm not getting a default gateway number. Tried to renew the IP but didn't work. Even with zone alarm down I'm getting the same problem and finally I've unstalled the zone alarm and still no luck. Seems like the new update has modified the registry. I've two other computers both running on lan and wireless with no problem. What could be the problem and the fix for it is my quest now. Please help me here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-zone-alarm-internet-access.462450/
Relevancy 44.29%

Ok I m new to this site so bear with me please I have two Dell laptops I am connecting to a Dell Latitude D os Windows XP with my Dell Inspiron os Windows I can see the latitude in my network and can connect but have no internet access here are my issues st - I do diagnostics on the connection and the Gateway IP ping fails nd - The latitude uses a Verizon Aircard to get to the internet rd - I was on the phone with Dell support for and hrs and they couldn t figure it out th - I had it working at one point but had done access Internet Networking problem... Wireless so many things not sure what made it work th - Do I need a router in order to use the internet connection from the latitude I do have a linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router that I used with a linksys router on the desktop I was using that had no built in wireless card th - Was the Dell guy correct in saying that I cannot go wireless to wireless between laptops th- Do Wireless Networking problem... Internet access I use aquire IP automatically or put the IP Subnet and Default Gateway in manually Gosh this is soooooo frustrating to me Any help would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-networking-problem-internet-access.973879/
Relevancy 44.29%

I am having a problem with my internet connection when - problem access? HJT Iadhide4.dll internet preventing my I perform a normal Windows XP boot Network connection is fine but no connectivity Strangely enough Safemode boot with networking gives me no problem with my internet I pretty sure I need help removing Iadhide dll from my system Tried Spybot Ad-aware CWshredder Norton Antivirus Tried to clear my IE temp files but Iadhide dll will not go away Thinking this may be the problem Any ideas would be appreciated Btw posted this problem earlier with no HJT info and without knowledge of the Iadhide dll presence Unfortunately that posting got me no responses Sorry about posting again but it seems noone was interested in tackling this problem with HJT - Iadhide4.dll problem preventing my internet access? the limited information I was able to supply earlier Am hoping I can drum up some expert interest with the added HJT posting HJT follows Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved HJT - Iadhide4.dll problem preventing my internet access? at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe c Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe c Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files WinPortrait wpctrl exe C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Multimedia Card Reader shwicon k exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C PROGRA MULTI- MMKey exe C Program Files iWare iWare Mouse MOUSE A EXE C WINDOWS LTMSG exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS mHotkey exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files WinPortrait floater exe C Program Files Broderbund Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing minimavis exe C Program Files Updates from HP Program BackWeb- exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB rnathchk exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Master Desktop hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo COMPAN Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - B CA - A - D -A DF- BB - no file O - BHO CNisExtBho Class - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar HP View - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - c Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpdtlk dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Web assistant - B EAC... Read more

Relevancy 44.29%

how to correct internet access problem on Compaq CQ60 notebook laptop using Windows Vista 32 bit. Also having trouble starting BITS although RPC and other dependencies have started and Diagnostic Policy Service has started. Network shows that I have access to local and internet, however, attempt to access internet explorer 9 results with message internet explorer cannot access the webpage. I have tried to access several webpages with no success. When I try to diagnose connection problems, Windows Network Diagnostics returns the message "Windows cannot resolve the problem. Please contact your network administrator or Internet Service provider". Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

A:how to correct internet access problem on laptop

Assuming it is using Wifi through a router, first try powering off the computer for about half a minute which sometimes helps.When you try to connect do you see your own network listed with any neigboring ones?Look in "Control Panel > Network and sharing > Change adapter settings" to see if it your network adapter is enabled. If it says Disable that means it is working because it is a toggle.Also look in Device Manager to see if there are any errors showing under NetworkAdapters.If you need any more assistance give us the details of your networkAlways pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/how-to-correct-internet-access-problem-on-laptop/13992.html
Relevancy 44.29%

hi guys my sister has a pc and a laptop which are both connected to a modem.

The thing is they cannot access the internet at the same time...only 1 of the pc's can.

p.s her internet is adsl but not always on the type you have to log in using a username/password I am guessing a conflict?

any ideas?

A:Solved: shared internet access problem

No surprise there, you need a broadband router to connect more than one machine to most residential ISP accounts.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-shared-internet-access-problem.802101/
Relevancy 44.29%

've spent hours Network Access Problem Internet Help! Unidentified during the last two days reading all sorts of threads trying to fix this problem without any success I would appreciate any feedback from anyone who has had some luck with this I'm trying to access internet through a public wifi network on my laptop Lenovo ThinkPad but I get the quot Unidentified Network No Internet access quot My apartment mate has a Mac and has no problem with the exact same network Operating System Windows bit IPv Connectivity No Internet access IPv Connectivity No network access ipconfig all Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - - E-EE- - C DHCP Enabled YES Autoconfiguration Enabled YES Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description b g n Wireless LAN Mini-PCI Express Adapter II Physical Address - - E-EE- - C DHCP Enabled YES Autoconfiguration Enabled YES Link-Local IPv Address fe ecbc a a e Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask DHCPv IAID DHCP Pv client DUID - - - - -D - F- F- - - E-BB-C -B DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOSover Tcpip Enabled When I try ipconfig renew I get a message saying that no operation can be performed on Wireless Network connection while it has its media disconnected I use McAfee security software Thank you Daria

A:Help! Unidentified Network Internet Access Problem

That might be your issue . McAfee Security

Uninstall the mcafee security

Use Control Panel's Programs and Features

Click on button type Programs and features inside the Search programs and files press the <ENTER> key when you see Programs and features under Programs (1)

After you uninstalled McAfee use MCPR.exe

Download link MCPR.exe

right-click MCPR.exe, and select Run as administrator

When you see the User Account Control dialog box, click Yes.

At the McAfee Software Removal screen, click Next.

At the End User License Agreement (EULA) dialog box, click Next to accept the agreement

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/293236-help-unidentified-network-internet-access-problem.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Our office uses Windows NT on the file server and Windows 98 on the workstations. A modem is connected to our file server and everyone accesses the internet through that. We have been using the internet that way for a few years. However, 2 days ago, out of the blue, the workstations have been unable to get on the internet through Internet Explorer or Outlook. Dial up networking at the file server shows the connection being made to our ISP, but when anyone tries opening Internet Explorer, the hourglass comes up, it takes awhile, then we just get a message that a connection could not be found.

Not too familiar with network setup. Where do we begin to look? Our computer guy is great, but he's not the one who set up our network, and he has limited experience servicing networks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:[Solved] NT network - problem with internet access

From the server if you open IE can it access the Internet?

If so maybe the IP address got changed on the server. On the server, select Start, Run and enter: IPCONFIG

It will display the IP settings. Then go to a Windows 98 PC open IE select, Tools, Internet Options, Connection tab, LAN, and check the Proxy address matches the server's IP address.

Good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-nt-network-problem-with-internet-access.68915/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi there, I have an issue with my network connection icon. It's still down (red cross on it), even If I got internet access, through my cellular phone, or even by ethernet card. I thought it was my virtual adapters (vmnet) which do not have internet connectivity that were in fault, but then I deactivated these cards and I still have this annoying problem.
Any ideas ?
It used to work ...

A:Network icon problem: still down with internet access

wireless still enabled? IEEE still enabled? screen shot your connections screen.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/60818-network-icon-problem-still-down-internet-access.html
Relevancy 44.29%

i try to access one of the weblink using internet explorer but it keep on spinning and show page cannot be display. when i try use firefox no problem at all. my colleague try to logon to my machine she has no problem accessing. i login to my colleague i have no problem accessing as well. So i re-create windows profile and copy all previous old profile to my new profile. however i try to access the weblink starting it was okay. so to ensure the problem go aways i reopen the link 5 time. the 5th time it will show page cannot display. so i clear the temporary internet files and try to access again. the first time it was okay. until the 5th time it hit the same problem again. i have try using without add ons again same problem hits. any advice on this ? could the user temp folder causes it ? should i do a clean up instead ?

A:internet explorer has problem access certain website

I'd recommend cleaning all of your temporary files:

Please run TFC by following this guide here:

How to use Temporary File Cleaner (TFC) | Tech Support Forum

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/internet-explorer-has-problem-access-certain-website-906418.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi All I have a client that's computer - Sony Vaio desktop running Win XP - is apparently suffering from some sort of spyware infestation that has broken his internet access He has a DSL connection and cannot even reach his DSL router by IP address The problem is very similiar to another PC that Icleaned that had been infected w newDotnet I was able to fix the damage done by newDotnet in that case using LSP Fix I ran LSP Fix on this client's PC but it didn't find anything wrong I also ran winsockfix but that didn't correct the problem When he initially suspected he had an infestation he went out and purchased webroot spysweeper He said it Computer Internet Access Problem Client's For found a couple Internet Access Problem For Client's Computer of things and apparently cleaned them I think that whatever spysweeper removed is what's done the Internet Access Problem For Client's Computer damage to his IP stack but am not sure how fix at this point We know his DSL router is good because he is able to wire his laptop to it and connect just fine Any insight into how to fix would be greatly appreciated TIA

A:Internet Access Problem For Client's Computer

Have you tried to delete and reinstall the NIC in the Device Manager? Delete, boot and install when prompted.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/47913/internet-access-problem-for-clients-computer/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have just purchased 4 Devolo dLAN Ethernet Plugs that go into a socket in any room in the house so that I can make full use of my broadband. These thing are suppose to be easy to set up, all you do is plug them in and hey presto, but thats not the case. I am on orange broadband (Wireless) and for some reason this won't work.

When I plug in these adaptor I can't access the default gateway? Really confused about it all.

Thanks in advance.

Concrete

Relevancy 44.29%

So i have this computer that i recently purchased from a company liquidating all their assets I was able to get access xp problem internet [SOLVED] windows to the computer and change all the settings so i am now [SOLVED] windows xp internet access problem the administrator as well as delete all passwords for easier access and use in my situation I plan on using this computer for business purposes and need to hook it up to my work network At the store we have computers currently all for remote access and backup storage This new computer will be replacing one of the remote access servers currently on the network So i hook the computer up like normal route an Ethernet cable from the desktop to the network router hook up power and other standard utilities Then i get onto the computer and made it a work group computer and let it be remotely accessed One problem i can view the INTRAnet but i cannot view the INTERnet The computer is discoverable from other computers on my network and it can view all the files on those other computers but i cannot access the internet which is vital to this computers usage and performance The computer is telling me that it is connected to the internet but when i try to access internet explorer it does not work Now i know that the standard solution to this dilemma would be turn off the firewall restart the router and the computer and see if that works but i did that and it doesn't I really need help with this one it is vital to the business and i need to figure this out quick ANY AND ALL SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR THE HELP

A:[SOLVED] windows xp internet access problem

Hi Steveroche,

Firstly, which Operating System are you running?

Are you able to ping domain names, for example Google If not, are you able to ping external IP addresses for example 8.8.4.4 (This is the google public DNS Server)?

If any of the above is unclear please let me know.

Dave

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-windows-xp-internet-access-problem-543320.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Long story...

If I connect my pc (web server) with a VPN client to an external VPN server, I can view my PC (web server) from the internet.
I seem to need to use the VPN connection to get through my firewall. I cannot configure the firewall as my PC connects via 4G / LTE mobile and their are no options to configure, hence making a tunnel through it, from the inside, to be able to get back in from the outside.

What I really want is a NAS that can run CLIENT VPN (to replace my PC, web server). Maybe a router that can run client vpn + a nas if the first option does not exist. Only then (I think) can I view my home web cam's (wildlife) over the internet.

Some NAS have has VPN, but they only seem to have server vpn, which wont help me.

Any ideas for products or am I missing something???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-to-access-home-network-from-internet.1057292/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a Gateway GT E computer I access the internet through a ethernet cable to my Time Warner cable modem I had not downloaded updated or changed anything on my computer but I now cannot get on the internet I have a laptop from work and can access the internet from that using the access Can't software Internet - Solved: problem? same connection I use for my desktop computer When I turn on my desk top computer the lights on either side of the ethernet cable are flashing my cable modem is flashing but when I try to get online Solved: Can't access Internet - software problem? using AOL or another app it says I am not connected to the internet When I try through Internet Explorer it attempts to connect and then just gives me a blank page with no error message I have reviewed some other posts that seem to be driver problems but when I look at device manager there are two Solved: Can't access Internet - software problem? listing under Network Adapters Net Adapter and Intel R PRO VE Network Solved: Can't access Internet - software problem? Connection Both show they are quot working properly quot I also have McAfee It almost seems as if something is blocking the connection My Windows Firewall is off Any thoughts would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 44.29%

i try to access one of the weblink using internet explorer but it keep on spinning and show page cannot be display. when i try use firefox no problem at all. my colleague try to logon to my machine she has no problem accessing. i login to my colleague i have no problem accessing as well. So i re-create windows profile and copy all previous old profile to my new profile. however i try to access the weblink starting it was okay. so to ensure the problem go aways i reopen the link 5 time. the 5th time it will show page cannot display. so i clear the temporary internet files and try to access again. the first time it was okay. until the 5th time it hit the same problem again. i have try using without add ons again same problem hits. any advice on this ? could the user temp folder causes it ? should i do a clean up instead ?

A:internet explorer has problem access certain website

Hi,
You can try to delete on exit option ?
Open ie,
Use Alt+TO or Gear symbol/ Internet options,
General section check the box to Delete browser history on exit,
Click on the Delete button and Uncheck everything there and Delete.
Close ie and re-open and test again,

You can also try In-Private browsing,
Right click the ie taskbar shortcut and click on the option Start In-Private browsing,
Or Gear symbol/ Safety and In-Private and test,
Cheers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/348928-internet-explorer-has-problem-access-certain-website.html
Relevancy 44.29%

You know I have been having the exact same problem but my PC is connected to my router via a hard wire. And I know it gets connectivity up till the router but not beyond as other computers on the network are able to access files on the PC with the issue. Also I see the icon in the taskbar showing internet going on and off intermittently. For me the issue started after a reset of the router. Mine is a Uwire 231. Spoke to uverse tech support and they said they will send someone over soon. Any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 44.29%

Hello Forum I am currently living in Jeddah Saudi Arabia for months and here everybody access Saudi Internet in problem Arabia uses g- g for Internet access problem in Saudi Arabia internet access as landline connections are low-speed and really expensive I have a plug-in g router for the last months and i am facing the following problem Whenever i am either downloading something or if i am playing online games every min to hours i go offline and by saying that i mean that i don t see the wifi neither with my laptop nor with my mobile However router seems to be working as internet connection and wifi light are still green So i restart the router and actually get min to hours of internet until it goes off again In the case that i don t have any internet activity for example the hours i am working i leave the g open at home and when i get back everything works perfectly which means it was working for hours in a row without disconnecting i can watch a movie or browse for hours without any problem Just when i start exchanging big quantities of data then the problems begin For your information i am using windows and my laptop is pretty new but as i told u when i lose connection on laptop i lose connection on mobile also so laptop feature don t play any important role Keep in mind that my problem is still on even when i use VPN Please share your thoughts because i really need to do something i have a few hours home and playing is something i enjoy but getting disconnected every once in a while is really annoying and devastating some times Thank you very much in advance and i really hope i can find a solution to my problem nbsp

A:Internet access problem in Saudi Arabia

why is there a soccer poll attached to this question? We already have a WC thread here.

thanks,

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-access-problem-in-saudi-arabia.1127668/
Relevancy 44.29%

I've been running zone alarm pro v6 for a while, but recently had a scheduled update and after that I'm having problem accessing to internet. I'm getting a message "limited or no connectivity", my IP address from the router is not valid. Also I'm not getting a default gateway number. Tried to renew the IP but didn't work. Even with zone alarm down I'm getting the same problem and finally I've unstalled the zone alarm and still no luck. Seems like the new update has modified the registry. I've two other computers both running on lan and wireless with no problem. What could be the problem and the fix for it is my quest now. Please help me here.

A:problem with (zone alrm) internet access

Hi and welcome to TSG,
Please do not start more than one thread for the same issue.

Closing duplicate.

Please continue replying in your other thread:

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?t=462380

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-zone-alrm-internet-access.462379/
Relevancy 44.29%

A:Dell Vostro 320 Internet access problem

Hi Legspinner20, Welcome to SF,

You could try this tutorial Internet Troubleshooting Guide

Hope this helps,
Captain

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/57027-dell-vostro-320-internet-access-problem.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I have been going crazy with this problem Setup Westell DSL router modem - gt netgear switch - gt home computers The Westell is setup as the DHCP server My main computer is a W k and it works fine The new computer is a WXP Home-SP DNS Inconsistent Access- Internet Solved: problem? Laptop and it has inconsistent access to Solved: Inconsistent Internet Access- DNS problem? the internet Below is the ipconfig all from the XP-Home and it matches the ipconfig all from the W K except IP Routing Enabled is YES and the IP address or course The XP-Home computer can access and run searches on Google it can access some other sites but not others for example can access Google www cnn com www woot com www podshow com www msn com - cannot access www microsoft com www yahoo com www ebay com This is true for both IE and Mozilla Another example I can go into AdAware and check for updates and get notice of a new update but it will not download - hangs at same for Spybot Note my W K computer can do all of this without any problems I have run adaware amp spybots amp d my updates are a few weeks old HiJackThis all look or reported clean I have run the following winsockfix exe winsockXPfix exe lspfix netsh winsock reset catalog netsh int ip reset log file name I have logfile if interested ipconfig flushdns I have manually removed the winsock and winsock keys from the registry rebooted and reinstalled tcp ip I have tried setting the IP to a fixed static IP with my ISP s DNS address this worked on the W K but made no difference on the XP-Home computer I have checked my HOSTS and LMHOSTS files LMHOSTS is NOT enabled in the WINS tab of advanced properties of TCP IP also Enable Netbios is selected NOT the Default choice I also ran Netdiag and have excerpted part of the log - if you d like the whole thing let me know Thanks for any help and or suggestions John ----------------------------------------------------------------------- XP-Home Windows IP Configuration Host Name Dave Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List myhome westell com Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix myhome westell com Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address -A -D -B -B - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Wednesday November PM Lease Expires Thursday November PM ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Part of Netdiag log Default gateway test Passed PASS - you have at least one reachable gateway NetBT name test Passed No NetBT scope defined WARNING You don t have a single interface with the lt gt WorkStation Service lt gt Messenger Service lt gt WINS names defined Winsock test Passed The number of protocols which have been reported Description MSAFD Tcpip TCP IP Provider Version Max message size Stream Oriented Description MSAFD Tcpip UDP IP Provider Version Max UDP size bytes DNS test Passed Interface C E EF- B- D - BE- A CBD DNS Domain myhome westell com DNS Servers IP Address Expected registration with adapter s DNS Domain Name Hostname Dave myhome westell com Registration with adapter s DNS domain name is disabled ----------------------------------------------------------------------- nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

Hi all,

I'm having problems with windows 7 and am not very comuter literate, so hope you can help me in simple terms!

In fact, my computer has been working fine, connecting to the internet fine etc. Yesterday, windows 7 did some auto-updates, and now despite an active internet connection, neither explorer or firefox will go online, claiming a problem with the proxy server (i don't know what this is....?)

I'm sure there is just some setting that needs to be changed, but any help you can give me to sort this out would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-did-an-update-and-now-i-cant-access-internet-proxy-problem-492783.html
Relevancy 43.86%

hi i'm working on a pc that has been infected internet and windows" access "Validate Unable to problem. and i'm running out of options here here is the history of the problem Unable to access internet and "Validate windows" problem. i got a call from my sister that her pc was acting weird after clicking on a link using quot Facebook quot after browsing around her pc i realized she had some problems but her mcafee antivirus was not finding them Unable to access internet and "Validate windows" problem. so i downloaded and installed malwarebyte's it detected several trojans and viruses but said it cleaned them Unable to access internet and "Validate windows" problem. until i ran malwarebytes i was unable to access the internet successfully i also went into internet options and reset all to default after all this i was able to get back online at the same time i started getting msgs that mcafee was unable to update due to some error and needed to be uninstalled and reinstalled so i uninstalled it and then attempted to download and reinstall this has been unsuccessful i also realized that only one of the two user accounts is able to get online successfully at this point i am being prevented from installing mcafee due to an quot installer error quot after i downloaded the exe install file from another pc to a flash drive i also tried to install adaware and it will not allow me to do that another major problem is that many buttons on certain websites seem to be disabled possibly a javascript issue these are the apps i've run so far - HiJackThis- Malwarebyte's- Stinger- Adaware - Spybot S amp D- AVG- Smitfraud- WinsockXPFixwell i hope this explains everything and i hope someone - anyone can offer some help here is my HJT log - look forward to getting this fixed Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system WgaTray exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC WINDOWS system drivers KodakCCS exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S I F EXEC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Kodak KODAK Software Updater Program backWeb- exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS system wpabaln exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main First Home Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local localhost lt local gt O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBloc... Read more

A:Unable to access internet and "Validate windows" problem.

Hi,The main cause is that you were indeed dealing with an infection (koobface) which spreads via facebook.This one sets a proxyserver and since that infection is already removed, if the proxyserver is still present, it explains why you can't access the internet, download updates etc.* Start HijackThis, close all open windows leaving only HijackThis running. Place a check against each of the following:R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = http=127.0.0.1:9090R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local;localhost;<local>O2 - BHO: Verizon Broadband Toolbar - {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-D0FC-E57AF4D5FA7D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\VERIZO~1\SFP\vzbb.dll (file missing)O3 - Toolbar: Verizon Broadband Toolbar - {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-D0FC-E57AF4D5FA7D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\VERIZO~1\SFP\vzbb.dll (file missing)O3 - Toolbar: McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar - {0EBBBE48-BAD4-4B4C-8E5A-516ABECAE064} - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\SITEAD~1\mcieplg.dll (file missing)O9 - Extra button: PartyGammon.com - {59A861EE-32B3-42cd-8CCA-FC130EDF3A44} - C:\Program Files\PartyGaming\PartyGammon\RunBackGammon.exe (file missing)O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: PartyGammon.com - {59A861EE-32B3-42cd-8CCA-FC130EDF3A44} - C:\Program Files\PartyGaming\PartyGammon\RunBackGammon.exe (file missing)* Click on Fix Checked when finished and exit HijackThis.Make sure your Internet Explorer is closed when you click Fix Checked!If you're still having problems with some programs and updates, then look in the program itself if it has an option where to configure the internet connection settings. If so, then make sure to uncheck to use a proxy server.For your McAfee, you actually already have AVG installed here, so I wouldn't recommend to install another Antivirus on top, because they are not compatible and cause a severe system slowdown.I see McAfee was already removed, but not properly, so I suggest to use the McAfee uninstall tool to remove its leftovers:* Download and run the McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool (MCPR.exe).Running the McAfee Consumer Product Removal tool (MCPR.exe) removes all 2005, 2006, and 2007 versions of McAfee consumer products.McAfee Security CenterMcAfee VirusScanMcAfee Personal Firewall PlusMcAfee Privacy ServiceMcAfee SpamKillerMcAfee Wireless Network SecurityMcAfee SiteAdvisorMcAfee Data Backup McAfee Network Manager McAfee Easy Network McAfee AntiSpywareDownload the removal tool from http://download.mcafee.com/products/licens...atches/MCPR.exeClick Save and save the file to any folder on the computer. Navigate to the folder where the file is saved. Double-click MCPR.exe. Click Run. A Command Line window will be displayed, and then close automatically. Wait for a second Command Line window to be displayed.
Note: Do not double-click MCPR.exe again, you may have to wait up to 1 minute for the next window to appear.
After the second window appears, the program will begin the cleanup. Observe the installation, which could take several minutes. The following message will be displayed in the Command Line window:
The machine must reboot to complete the un-installation. Reboot now? [y.n]
Press Y on the keyboard. Wait for the computer to restart.All McAfee products are now removed from your computer.These McAfee removal instructions can be found at http://ts.mcafeehelp.com/faq3.asp?docid=408302Let me know in your next reply how things are now.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/180507/unable-to-access-internet-and-validate-windows-problem/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi, I really need some help. After a short time on the internet my browser stops. I have tried IE 7 & 8 Firefox with no result. I CAN only access https sites and any other with a different port (example.com:81). I have checked for malware and even reloaded Vista. I have replaced the MS firewall with ZA Pro and still no difference. I have unchecked IPV6 as well. The only way round this is to reboot and that seems to take an age. The pc will reboot in seconds normally, that?s when you haven?t been on the internet.

Please help as this is driving me MAD.

A:I Can only Access HTTPS and Other Ports, Internet Port 80 Problem

Are you using Macafee or Symantec Internet solutions? I would disable your firewall and anti-virus. Reset IE 7 to medium. Try it.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/199798-i-can-only-access-https-other-ports-internet-port-80-problem.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello Yesterday my wireless internet became incredibly unstable and pretty much unusable When I use Windows own diagnostic tool it gives me one of the following errors paraphrased protocols/problem access point internet Missing with Your computer is missing one or more network protocols There is a problem with your network adapter or access point I haven t noticed any pattern to the errors they seem random The Wi-Fi signal is also really low - bears When I try to connect it usually gives me a yellow triangle with Limited connectivity or Missing internet protocols/problem with access point Identifying internet no internet access Sometimes no Wi-Fi s will show up at all I ve tried Resetting the PC fully Using Windows and HP s network diagnostics Updating the wireless adapter Resetting renewing disabling flushing forgot all the terms DNS Disabling IPv Replacing winsock and winsock in the registry Done a netsh command sorry can t remember what it was exactly I can t connect to my school network either Is my network card dying My wired internet works fine My mothers computer iPad and my Xbox all work fine too If there s anything more info or whatever that I can provide which will help I ll gladly do it My first exam is the th and I need to be able to access the internet for that Thx Here s my SysInfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows bit Processor AMD A - APU with AMD Radeon R Graphics AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon TM R Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard CE Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-internet-protocols-problem-with-access-point.1171435/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi all,

I'm having problems with windows 7 and am not very comuter literate, so hope you can help me in simple terms!

In fact, my computer has been working fine, connecting to the internet fine etc. Yesterday, windows 7 did some auto-updates, and now despite an active internet connection, neither explorer or firefox will go online, claiming a problem with the proxy server (i don't know what this is....?)

I'm sure there is just some setting that needs to be changed, but any help you can give me to sort this out would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

A:windows did an update and now i can't access internet - proxy problem?

Try this simple setting
Go to Control Panel-->Network and sharing center-->change adapter setting-->Choose your connection (either wireless or wired) and right click choose properties-->Internet protocol version 4 and choose properties-->choose obtain IP address automatically as well as DNS server address automatically-->OK apply setting

~Tuan

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/93435-windows-did-update-now-i-cant-access-internet-proxy-problem.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi I m hoping someone can help with this I have a PC running Windows XP Pro SP and I problem Unable Windows to services - internet access can t access the internet at all I ve tried different browsers like Firefox amp Chrome with the same result I can t even access the setup page for my DSL modem which is connected via Ethernet cable Device Manager says my network card is working properly and connected Now here s the weird bit some programs CAN access the internet on my computer I have a MagicJack a VOIP telephone jack that connects to my computer via USB so the computer has to be on and Unable to access internet - Windows services problem connected to the internet in order to make calls and it works to make amp take calls just fine I also tried running fss exe and it reports that both Yahoo and Google IP addresses are accessible The part about Windows services actually started or at least I first noticed it with my printer I kept getting errors when trying to print that the print spooler service was not running I had to go into services msc and turn it on manually I ve had to do that several times So I m wondering if Unable to access internet - Windows services problem the problem with the internet is Unable to access internet - Windows services problem also a services issue but I don t know which services to look at I also tried using Driveimage XML to do a backup of my hard drive on an external HDD but the Windows Shadow Services is not running so DIX reports that the backup may be corrupted I tried manually restarting Shadow Services in services msc but it will only run for less than a minute and then stops according to the Processes tab in Windows Task Manager I ve run scans on my computer - I use Avast antivirus and ZoneAlarm firewall I ran a full scan with Avast and it didn t pick up the problem I also got the latest version of Malwarebyte s Anti-Malware on the computer I m using now and transferred it to my computer and ran a full scan it found nothing Last but not least to ensure that this was not a hardware issue I did a clean install of Windows XP on an older GB HDD I have lying around and booted the computer with that drive and I can access the internet just fine My Win XP disk is an OEM disk though so I can t reinstall Windows without completely wiping my hard drive which I d rather not do especially since I m not sure if my backup is any good if the computer is infected I m just backing up the infection too Edited to add System Restore doesn t work either it says I have no restore points Any help you can give would be most appreciated

A:Unable to access internet - Windows services problem

Can you connect to internet in safemode with networking?

Zone alarm firewall is known to cause internet issues.Uninstall it and check

good luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/453547/unable-to-access-internet-windows-services-problem/
Relevancy 43.86%

I have two PCs wired to my Linksys Router access Cable) Internet (LAN, Solved: Router, problem BEFSR PC Solved: Internet access problem (LAN, Router, Cable) - Compaq Presario with Windows Solved: Internet access problem (LAN, Router, Cable) XP media Edition PC - Emachines W with Windows XP Solved: Internet access problem (LAN, Router, Cable) Home I am using PC to post this message because PC is having a connection issue I ran the router setup configure disc in PC and it connected perfectly and I am able to browse the internet from it Obviously I had previously hooked a PS into the router and was able to download content for it But when I got PC and plug it into the router via belkin fastcat cat e patch cable which works fine with PC I can see that the LAN is connected but I have no connectivity of any programs that use the internet Firefox IE Messeger and whatnot Here is the IPCONFIG ALL on PC Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Owner gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Titan Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hot rr com Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hot rr com Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - -CA- - - F Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Wednesday August AM Lease Expires Thursday August A M C Documents and Settings Owner gt nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

I just finished setting up my grandchildren's computer and tried to set one Administrator's account and 3 limited accounts for them to use in order to stop them downloading so much. My problem came when I set it up at their house and learned that using their dial-up Netzero account, they couldn't get online. I could only connect through the Administrator's account. I have always read that one should never use the Administrator's account all the time for safety's sake, so I am assuming I did something wrong. Right now I have all of them set to Administrator again so they can all get online through their own user accounts.

Is there a way to change things so they can get online with limited accounts?

Thanks
Peg

Relevancy 43.86%

Hi guys I recently had some issues with a virus and following the help from a Internet, Connection Remore with Access Problem Manager? virus forum managed to get rid of it However it seemed to cause another problem with my machine Ever since then I haven't been able to connect to the Internet I think that there could be several issues but one in particular that needs fixing This is probably a good Problem with Internet, Remore Access Connection Manager? time to tell you that I've tried system restore with no joy Ok so it seems that my Remore Access Connection Manager will not start When I find it in my Services menu right-click and start I get a message error quot The specified module could not be found quot I am on broadband and am using a usb connection to get online which required me to dial-up each time I connect I think I must have got a Problem with Internet, Remore Access Connection Manager? little crazy in deleting all my bits as my modem software appears to have been damaged too Any help would be very much appreciated

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-with-internet-remore-access-connection-manager-297765.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Okay I have a IBM e-server running Server 2003 SP2 and I rebooted the system after an AVG Server edition update required a reboot. The system booted up fine, My remote offices can connect through terminal services just fine, I can ping websites, I can Ping my ip, dns, etc. But I cannot access the internet from the server through internet explorer. I rebooted the server again and the same problem still persist. I even disabled the web filters in my Linksys RV082 Router. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Could and AVG update caused this?

Relevancy 43.86%

Wow I am officially stumped Maybe someone here can offer internet No problem. tricky access, Unidentified Network, some insight I have a brand new Toshiba Satellite nothing special but it gets the job done I don't have internet at home and go to multiple locations to get wi-fi The one I use the most is a hotel down the street It has the fastest connection speed and it is closest to home For whatever reason the connection no longer works there I've taken the laptop elsewhere and it works fine so it obviously isn't something specific to my laptop Here's where it gets tricky I've also been able to connect to the network at the hotel with my android phone and an old dell laptop I had laying around and it works beautifully so it isn't something with strictly the network That can only mean it has to be something to do with the way the Unidentified Network, No internet access, tricky problem. two are communicating I would assume I've tried deleting some programs apparently both AVG and Bonjour that came with iTunes have caused issues in the past I've set a static IP address to the best of my ability I've refreshed the TCP IP config I've done a winsock reset and more I can't for the life of me figure out why it still can't connect to the internet Any ideas for now I'll add my ipconfig later when I actually go somewhere that I can access the internet to post from that laptop In the meantime suffice it to say that the only thing out of the ordinary is that the Default Gateway is blank Thanks in advance

A:Unidentified Network, No internet access, tricky problem.

You sure the hotel hasn't just blacklisted your MAC address on your laptop? Generally they make free wifi available for guests, so unless you've got some agreement with them beforehand, it could be something that simple (especially if it works everywhere else, and other of your devices still work there). It's not likely going to be client-related, at least from your problem description.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/193081-unidentified-network-no-internet-access-tricky-problem.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Computer Dell Dimension Windows XP Home Service Pack Internet Explorer Firefox This is my old computer mainly used by my husband who pays no attention to warnings update indicators etc so I have no idea when all these problems started He was complaining that he couldn t stay connected to the internet through Internet Explorer it would freeze mid-search and couldn t even get on the internet through Firefox cannot connect to server When I started checking the machine I found multiple disfunctional softwares more details below and I couldn t stay connected to the internet for long enough to access any web sites to check for updates e g Windows Update or run any analysis tools e g Norton I have run the start-up disk check I think this is a NIS feature at least times in the last days Here s what happens when I log onto the computer after disk check has run Popup windows saying quot X software has encountered a problem and must close quot for Windows Genuine Advantage Notification - after reporting the problem popup closes the bottom bar on the desktop turns from Multiple no access "encountered close", internet software problem, must dark blue to whiteAdobe Reader Acrobat ManagerWhile all this is popping up Norton Internet Security runs its initial scan and Multiple software "encountered problem, must close", no internet access seems to complete OK but I cannot open the NIS main page and I cannot run the update feature If NIS has been disfunctional for a Multiple software "encountered problem, must close", no internet access while and not updating Multiple software "encountered problem, must close", no internet access I may have picked up malware and viruses during that time Zone Alarm free appears to still be working Yes I know you re not supposed to use ZA and NIS together but I managed to keep them from killing each other for years and they provide different types of security so I keep them both Norton System Works has stopped working and says I need to uninstall and reinstall but when I hit the quot Uninstall quot button it tries to take me into Internet Explorer which is not connecting to the internet and then the quot NSW has encountered a problem and must close quot popup appears After I ve reported a bunch of these popup messages a popup appears saying quot Dr Watson s something I didn t catch has encountered a problem and must close quot after which the reporting process will not complete for any future popups Internet Explorer also repeatedly gets the quot encountered a problem and must close quot popup restarts itself maybe twice and then freezes My quot home page quot is quot www rr com quot quot My Computer quot does not recognize that a flashdrive is in the slot even though quot Safely Remove Hardware quot sees it Safari also cannot connect to server The quot connected to internet quot icon in the bottom right hand corner of the desktop says I am connected when it is there Right now it has disappeared When I tried to repair my connection it said it couldn t complete the repair because it couldn t renew my IP address I think What have I done so far As stated above rebooted the computer from quot Restart quot and let the disk check run at least times in the last days Run Spybot twice--it found two minor problems and then found nothing Run Malwarebyte s AntiMalware v had to download it on my other computer copy to a CD-RW disk then move it to the Dell and download it off the CD-RW drive found nothing Tried to run some other computer check up programs PC Tune-up System Checkup but they require accessing Internet Explorer and the internet so those attempts failed quot Control Panel quot has also become wonky with icons refusing to load and or freezing with the hour glass symbol showing I think I either have some viruses and or lots of stuff has gotten corrupted Whatever fixes are suggested I will have to access them from my working computer copy them to the CD-RW and transfer them to the Dell... Read more

A:Multiple software "encountered problem, must close", no internet access

Welcome aboard Honestly, with so many issues I'd suggest reinstalling Windows.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/414278/multiple-software-encountered-problem-must-close-no-internet-access/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hey guys no internet Router wireless Solved: access Problem Similar -New Just read Solved: Similar Problem -New wireless Router no internet access the last pages of this thread my prob is similar I got a new Tp-Link wireless router roomate can use it fine but I am having issues I have high signal and connect but no internet access Since the roomate can use it its a prob in my computer Running widows vista Can connect through cable our at other locations via wireless any advice Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - -C - B- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d e f baa c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday August AM Lease Expires Tuesday August AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Address - - -DA-D - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E E FCC - F - E-A A - CA br CD Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B A-C - B - B -BF F br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

Hi Guys I cam accross this problem in a client s house a few days ago It read quot You are connected to the access point but internet can not be found quot After i re-installed the OS for her computer I tried everything from winsock fix Re-installing OS twice Re-installing IE Changing settings around a zillion times I had repaired and ran point, connected found be the but are access internet to You Problem not can Solved! several diagnostics and everything checked out Her other two computers had been set up by her ISP and those worked So after a few look her and there I checked teh router settings and the settings were all ok but it turned out that the router is in deed defective I did not have to replace the router because teh router works but the DNS portion was the problem IP address and DNS Problem Solved! You are connected to the access point, but internet can not be found were set up for automatic I changed DNS from auto to manual and punched in and at the buttom note that my router is netgear I disconnected and re-connected and boom i am now receiviong packets LOL This took me days to figure out for being soemthing so simple I wanted to share because alot of people have been having this problem and there are severall fixes to it Some people had to chnage it all to automatic and it fixed itself but mine was somewhat the oposite nbsp

A:Problem Solved! You are connected to the access point, but internet can not be found

Thanks for the update. We all have those frustrating problems with networks... when the solution is finally apparenty and the fix is quick.
Is there a Tech site for network connections and setups. I have never bothered to look for one, but I sure need one sometimes/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-solved-you-are-connected-to-the-access-point-but-internet-can-not-be-found.108611/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi guys I am trying to connect my laptop to wireless internet via an adsl modem plugged into a linksys speedbooster wireless router I used this same router in my dorm room when I was living on campus and had no problems internet the can found to cannot - be point, problem wireless but I access connect at all accessing the internet but now back at home I cannot get connected to the internet It says that I am connected to the access point but that the Internet I can connect to access point, but the internet cannot be found - wireless problem cannot be found If anyone could I can connect to access point, but the internet cannot be found - wireless problem help me figure this out I would appreciate it so much Here is my ipconfig from the laptop Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Claire gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Larry Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Eth ernet NIC Physical Address - - - -EB-EA Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Wireless-G Notebook Adapter WPC G V Physical Address - -BF-E -C - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Saturday January PM Lease Expires Sunday January PM Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description D-Link DUB-E USB to Fast Ethe rnet Adapter Physical Address - -C - - - A Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Saturday January PM Lease Expires Monday February PM C Documents and Settings Claire gt And this is the ipconfig all of the working PC C Documents and Settings Claire gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Peter Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled Yes WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Eth ernet NIC Physical Address - D- -ED- - B Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dynalink RTA USB Physical Address - -A - - - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Saturday January PM Lease Expires Monday February PM C Documents and Settings Claire gt nbsp

A:I can connect to access point, but the internet cannot be found - wireless problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-can-connect-to-access-point-but-the-internet-cannot-be-found-wireless-problem.536793/
Relevancy 43.43%

Recently had to do a clean install on my OS due to another problem discussed in one of other threads Anyway when upgrading from Windows XP Home Edition to Windows XP Pro earliler this week everything seemed to work fine and all the program icons I had from Windows Access Internet Problem! Pro from XP - to XP Upgrading Edition Home Windows XP Home Upgrading to Windows XP Pro from XP Home Edition - Internet Access Problem! appeared Upgrading to Windows XP Pro from XP Home Edition - Internet Access Problem! on the XP Pro desktop However my Internet Broadband Dial-Up connection dissapeared from Network Connections and I therefore could not connect to the internet even though the ISP BT Broadband - I m based in the UK in case you wonder who BT are icon remained on my desktop and their software appeared in Programs When I contacted my ISP they claimed this is a problem with Windows XP upgrade to Pro and I should contact Microsoft Support Is this true Anyway I ve had to resort to doing a clean install of Windows XP Home again now in order to get back on the internet with my Broadband internet and installing my ISP s USM Modem software all over again It worked but still want to upgrade to XP Pro Any ideas on how this problem can be resovled Don t want to have to do a clean install again and again Also is It this a common problem with upgrading to Windows XP Pro from Windows XP Home as my ISP claim PLEASE HELP nbsp

A:Upgrading to Windows XP Pro from XP Home Edition - Internet Access Problem!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrading-to-windows-xp-pro-from-xp-home-edition-internet-access-problem.319149/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello I regularly burn the midnight oil at my favorite local coffee shop I recently purchased a new laptop which seems to have problems connecting to the wireless public router the coffee shop has for its guests When it works you are immediately taken to a landing page in your browser where you accept the terms of some agreement which gives you free access access to connecting at Problem internet point public wireless to the internet Most of the time however I can't connect and get a yellow exclamation mark over my network icon Problem connecting to internet at wireless public access point or a message that my computer cannot connect to the DNS server The funny thing is that my wireless card detects the network and gets a signal From what I can tell I can always connect after the shop resets its modem If I leave and come back at some future date and the router has not been reset since my last visit I am unable to connect I suspect that the router is not renewing my ip address or is somehow remembering me from my prior visit Oddly no one else around me has this problem Also not sure if it matters but the coffee shop also has a second slower network connection which I am able to access and does not require the use of the above described landing page and agreement I would greatly appreciate any help you can provide It gets very frustrating spending half an hour each evening trying to resolve this issue

A:Problem connecting to internet at wireless public access point

I had one coffee shop where I needed to change my MAC address or needed them to reset their router.

If you live in Austin, I can make a couple of suggestions.

In general, McDonalds is slow and problematic. Some places have a habit of kicking you off after two hours which is here the MAC change will help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/249986-problem-connecting-internet-wireless-public-access-point.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello I regularly burn the midnight oil at my favorite local coffee shop I at to connecting internet access public point wireless Problem recently purchased a new laptop which seems to have problems connecting to the wireless public router the coffee shop has for its guests When it works you are immediately taken to a landing page in your browser where you accept the terms of some agreement which gives you free access to the internet Most of the time however I can t connect and get a yellow exclamation mark over my network icon or a message that my computer cannot connect to the DNS server or something similar The funny thing is that my wireless card detects the network and gets a signal From what I can tell I can always connect after the shop resets its modem If I leave and come back at some future date and Problem connecting to internet at wireless public access point the router has not been reset since my last visit I am unable to connect I suspect that the router is not renewing my ip address or is somehow remembering me from my prior visit which creates a conflict between a prior session and the one I m trying to start Oddly no one else around me has this problem and is able to connect without issue I would Problem connecting to internet at wireless public access point greatly appreciate any help you can provide It gets very frustrating spending half an hour each evening trying to resolve this Problem connecting to internet at wireless public access point issue Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT M Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO LTD QX QX QX QX Antivirus Lavasoft Ad-Aware Disabled nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

Hi radio over Problem access internet rural network Solved: with Everybody Solved: Problem with internet access over rural radio network Its a long time since I visited but once again problems rear their ugly heads I live in rural spain and telephone and internet is via radio network We lost both during a recent storm and the providers Solved: Problem with internet access over rural radio network engineer Solved: Problem with internet access over rural radio network came and re-established telephone coms but said our internet connection was rejected by the modem because we had a virus the radio installation and access modem are owned by the provider Iberbanda We borrowed two laptops which connected Ok So maybe the engineer is correct I have done all the scans etc as you instruct here they are Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Advisor HPAdvisor exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP wireless Assistant WiFiMsg EXE C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe C Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exe C Users dunster Desktop HijackThis exe C Windows system DllHost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en gb amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en gb amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en gb amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en gb amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine IPSBHO DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO AOL Toolbar BHO - C - CB - A -B F - EA C F - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dll O - Toolbar Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - Toolbar AOL Toolbar - DE C F- - A - B-AA ED D - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dll O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C Windows system igfxtray ex... Read more