Windows Support Forum

Can't get to BIOS

Q: Can't get to BIOS

Hi there! I am new here and I need some help regarding a new desktop I just bought.
MOBO is Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P and GPU ASUS R7 260X connected with HDMI on TV.
I set up the desktop with win7x64 ultimate.
Problem is when the pc boots and I repeatedly press DEL button to get on the BIOS settings and I see nothing but BLACK on the screen and the mouse cursor which it can controlled through the mouse, though it boots up normally on windows. Any help?

note: I installed all drivers after I installed win on both MOBO and GPU

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Can't get to BIOS

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Can't get to BIOS

Are you using a USB keyboard? See if you can find a PS/2 keyboard and try that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-to-bios.207268/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hello to the BleepingComputer community First of all I m sorry I haven t finished some of the steps from the Preparation Guide It s because these steps require a reboot e g Step Disable your CD Emulation Software - DeFogger will ask me to reboot the machine and I have a bad feeling about the question if it is safe to reboot in my situation I m not sure if I have a type of malware dozen threat of - by folders, Unknown BIOS.sys - BS_Flash.sys, "Bios m... BIOS AVG a and virus/rootkit? Update\Award" which is ready to infect the BIOS - if it is so then it could infect it much easier during the reboot process - If BIOS virus/rootkit? - Unknown threat by AVG - "Bios Update\Award" folders, BS_Flash.sys, BIOS.sys and a dozen of m... there is a good way to find out what is the problem and fix the BIOS threat part if it really is present without rebooting shutting down this PC or at least without booting from this hard drive which I feel is probably infected then please tell me what should I do - If you know a place forum where I can get a specialized help for this seemingly BIOS-malware related situation please tell me where I could go - If there is no way to move forward I ll go ahead and risk the reboot and follow the other steps steps to in the Preparation Guide no problem I kindly ask you to please read below the details of the problem as it occured to me and the things I have tried so far The PC is AMD Athlon X Dual Core BE- GHz Motherboard Biostar TA G AM with AWARD BIOS GB RAM GB SATA HDD and an ASUS EAH card added a few years ago It s with WinXP SP AVG Free standard Windows Firewall and it s behind a router I can t recall exactly but I think on - - evening I ve left this PC with at least one account logged-in with many programs running online locked fast user switching screen and then found the em class 'bbc' PC non-responsive em in the morning so I had to power off it - it was frozen What I remember well is - on - - when I ve turned on this PC for the first time and logged-in with my account member of Administrators group While it was still finishing loading the taskbar icons etc I hit Win L fast user switching is enabled and logged-in to another account member of Users group Right then a bunch of previously unseen quot AVG Identity protection - threat detected quot messages started to appear C Windows system drivers - atkkbnt sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot Then another message showed up C Windows system drivers - amdtools sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers or was it C Windows system don t recall exactly - bufadpt sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Program Files BIOS Update BIOS Update Award - BS Flash sys threat name Unknown I doubt I have ever seen this folder before on this PC I clicked quot move to vault quot C Games ad binaries system aken sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - BIOS sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - BS I cIo sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - IOMap sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers or was it C Windows system don t recall exactly - ati sgag exe threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - EIO XP sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot Then AVG asked to reboot to finish the removal I ve let it to go rebooting but I ve paused the BIOS post screen and switched the PC off so I could research about what should I do next I was suspecting that booting process could infect the BIOS and or MBR After researching online with the keywords from these messages I was still puzzled While searching about if rebooting is risky if you suspect having a BIOS virus especially AWARD BIOS virus I ve even found out that it s possible to infect multiple PCs BIOSes... Read more

A:BIOS virus/rootkit? - Unknown threat by AVG - "Bios Update\Award" folders, BS_Flash.sys, BIOS.sys and a dozen of m...

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. Click the Watch This Topic button at the top on the right.

Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/471088/bios-virusrootkit-unknown-threat-by-avg-bios-updateaward-folders-bs-flashsys-biossys-and-a-dozen-of-mostly-sys-files-appear-on-boot/
Relevancy 31.39%

I have a Dell Latitude D630. It has an admin password for the bios. Nothing is locked except for the settings. I can't change any of the settings in the bios. It lets me boot to windows just fine though. My question is, since I don't know that admin password for the bios, if I upgrade the bios firmware, will the admin password be deleted? Since I'm flashing the bios, I would think that all the settings will be lost. Is that the case?

A:Will upgrading the bios firmware on a Latitude D630 delete the bios admin password?

What?

Didn't you reply here, and say it worked (after the unusual 9th try ) http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic109612-109.html#post747024

Awfully strange!

A bios update can't remove passwords. As You Must Know

Oh and thanks for the extended long Title. I'm thinking this Topic of yours would be best removed? What do you think?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-upgrading-the-bios-firmware-on-a-latitude-d630-delete-the-bios-admin-password.138281/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hello

My last BIOS update has failed and now my laptop Satellite PrU400 PSU45E is out of order.
I want to use the Crisis Recovery Disk with an USB floppy drive but I don't know the key combination to run the boot-block.
Is anybody can help me?

Best regards

A:Satellite Pro U400 BIOS update failed - What is BIOS Boot-block access

Hi

I wondering what Crisis Recovery Disk do you have ?:|
In my experience the special disk is needed which is available only for ASP technician.
Therefore it?s necessary to contact the ASP in your country in order to reflash the BIOS.

In my opinion you shouldn?t not try any ?Crisis Recovery disks? which you fond in the net? this can lead to mobo damage?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?46578-Satellite-Pro-U400-BIOS-update-failed-What-is-BIOS-Boot-block-access
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi.

My Sat M30 laptop start with an bios error. The error says "Resource conflict, edit bios setting or boot" If select "boot" computer hangs before windows completely starts. I remove the wi-fi and the modem module and the same error appears. I can't upgrade the bios because the windows don't start. The bios version is 1.7. The laptop is UK version. If select "edit bios", bios start but I can't find any resource management.

Thanks

(sorry for my english, I am from Spain)

A:Satellite Pro M30 Bios error Resource conflict - Edit bios setting or boot

Hi

I think the error ?edit bios setting? means that you should access the BIOS and should set the BIOS back to the default settings.

Please do this, save the settings and try to boot up!

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?36316-Satellite-Pro-M30-Bios-error-Resource-conflict-Edit-bios-setting-or-boot
Relevancy 31.39%

Hello,
When I press Restore Settings button in BIOS setting (through F2 when Dell logo is displayed at booting) then the dialog with two options is shown:

BIOS Defaults
Factory Settings

What is the difference about these two options (BIOS Defaults vs. Factory Settings) please?
Thank you.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19984839
Relevancy 31.39%

I had a strange set of circumstances today I was trying to update my memory from to g My system would not boot with the new memory and the bios gave beeps After removing the new memory the system would boot to XP but I had no video I powered down and powered back up I now had video but the system would hang In Safe Mode it would hang after the following entry system config system Note I never observed any windows error messages just the hang I used the Recovery Console from an XP CD and did a chkdsk r and chdsk f I also ran fixboot None of these solved the problem I then ran fixmbr Recovery Console displayed some kind of caution message that I had a quot invalid BIOS to after unable Setup BIOS running enter Hang, FIXMBR quot or something MBR and that it might prevent me from access partitions or something Well I ran fixmbr anyway since i was out if ideas Now when I try to boot it is freezing during the post process When I hit F to enter the BIOS setup BIOS Hang, unable to enter BIOS Setup after running FIXMBR it says quot entering setup quot but it never does It seems to be hanging right after the drive detect process Note I have one standard IDE BIOS Hang, unable to enter BIOS Setup after running FIXMBR drive copy and SATA drives Windows XP is installed on one of the SATA drives Any ideas Let me know if you need any more info

A:BIOS Hang, unable to enter BIOS Setup after running FIXMBR

This sounds more like a BIOS = hardware issue. Since you have been inside the case it is possible something got nudged loose. Re-seat your memory and video card if it is an add-on.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/273065/bios-hang-unable-to-enter-bios-setup-after-running-fixmbr/
Relevancy 31.39%

Im working on a Toshiba Laptop A - Model PSAA U- FH K that froze while trying to flash the BIOS so I didnt know what won't A105: Failed access now BIOS & BIOS Toshiba flash; boot no else to do but shut it off Now when Toshiba A105: Failed BIOS flash; now no BIOS access & won't boot I Toshiba A105: Failed BIOS flash; now no BIOS access & won't boot try to boot it up it gets stuck in the same place it did during the flashing on the Toshiba splash screen with the status bar at the bottom showing about complete I cant get into the BIOS and cant boot into Windows Other options available on this screen are Press F for System Settings and F for Boot Menu Pressing F results in a beep and the status bar changing to quot Please Wait quot but nothing else happens no matter how long I wait Pressing F doesnt do anything Pressing ESC takes me to a screen that shows the typical system info -- Phoenix Technologies Version Intel Calistoga CRB T A Reference BIOS VERSION MAK looks like its running POST and recognizes CPU Cores No TPM or TPM has a problem and system RAM and stops there What is my best course of action - shorting out the CMOS battery I ve tried this on the solder pads marked C with no laptop battery with and without the wi-fi ram and hdd installed Im either doing it wrong or its just not working - trying to reflash BIOS chip I tried this turned the laptop on and held down the c key to boot from cd but still got stuck at the same place - replacing the BIOS chip - something else Any guidance or information you can provide would be greatly appreciated Please feel free to let me know if you need any additional info from me Thanks so much in advance NorCalGirl Toshiba Laptop A - Model PSAA U- FH K Windows MCE SP I believe -bit GB RAM nbsp

A:Toshiba A105: Failed BIOS flash; now no BIOS access & won't boot

Im trying to figure out why I've had no replies yet.

Have I asked a stupidly easy question that everyone is rolling their eyes to and cant bear to tell me the answer? Or have I stumped everyone?

I have a hard time believing this is a stumper. I've found the same question posted elsewhere on the net and shorting the CMOS seemed to help. That or removing the battery altogether (its soldered to the board), but I dont think Im doing it right. Can someone give me directions on that?

or is this just a lost cause? :-/

Thanks in advance

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-a105-failed-bios-flash-now-no-bios-access-wont-boot.152342/
Relevancy 31.39%

When I turn on my computer yestereday it loaded the post screen briefly than went directly into BIOS setup When I exit the bios setup the screen goes black flickers than goes back into BIOS setup BIOS recognized hard To exiting Directly Bios Boots setup, back Bios cycles to drives and cd roms and boot sequence was correct Boots Directly To Bios setup, exiting cycles back to Bios I decided to deal with it tomorrow or today When i turned it on today it booted to my nd harddrive which also has an OS Boots Directly To Bios setup, exiting cycles back to Bios installed went into bios booted from my main harddrive and the computer worked fine for about min I was browsing the web and microsoft outlook kept Boots Directly To Bios setup, exiting cycles back to Bios trying to open eventually everytime i closed it pop right back up couldnt access taskmanager keyboard couldnt type however i could manuever with the arrow keys Powered down and when i rebooted had the same problem as before wont get past bios setup I have tried reseting the CMOS jumpers but that didnt have any affect tried booting with soley each hard drive separately cd rom and with each stick of memory All running into the same issue Any ideas Specifications ---------------------------------------------------------------- Home built Windows XP Pro SP ASRock K N M Micro ATX motherboard AMD Athlon X WINTEC AMPO GB x GB DDR PC XFX Geforce GT MB TB Samsung HD GB Western Digital HD Liteon DVDRW Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer Antec TruePower Trio Watt nbsp

A:Boots Directly To Bios setup, exiting cycles back to Bios

Have you tried another keyboard?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/boots-directly-to-bios-setup-exiting-cycles-back-to-bios.926821/
Relevancy 31.39%

The computer wont start.   After pressing "ON" one can hear a vibration sound, it turns on an orange LED.   Stays black for two  minutes; then screen does light to a dim night-blue color.     This is for a Split x2 13-g110dx (windows 10 64bit). Already tried:  hard reset and going to BIOS (Windows button + "B"). Also tried booting from  a USB drive.   It did not work (see screen below). Any suggestion(s) of how it can still be revived ("do it myself")? Thank you.                                       Screen message  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/System-BIOS-recovery-failed-Unable-to-open-BIOS-Signature/td-p/5776048
Relevancy 31.39%

My laptop has no problem before. Recently I try to install Windows XP. First attempt fail, so I change SATA at BIOS from AHCI to Compatible, success. However the partition that I want to install*Windows XP to is not available.*

So just to test I choose my Windows 7 partition. Since it want to format the partition, I cancel the installation. After restarting windows, it stuck at bios. I restart again and change SAT to AHCI. Restart, still stuck at bios. This time I cannot enter BIOS, recovery or change boot media. Assuming the boot sector has corrupt, will reseating the cmos battery will fix this *problem. Please help. Thanks in advance.*

A:Windows 7 Stuck At BIOS Cannot Enter BIOS or Change Boot Media

Somehow with guidance from Lenovo Community, I solved the problem.

For future reference:
1. Take out HDD, battery, plug off ac power.
2. Restart, change SATA Controller in BIOS to compatible, restart.
3. Check whether the SATA Controller is Compatible or AHCI. If Compatible, force shutdown laptop.
4. Put back HDD, boot with Windows 7 Recovery CD or Installation Disc.
5. Choose Autostartup Repair.
6. Restart.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/296679-windows-7-stuck-bios-cannot-enter-bios-change-boot-media.html
Relevancy 31.39%

Hello , I have a Dell Inspiron 530 running Windows Vista Home. I am trying to access the system BIOS and it has a red password log in screen. I tried to guess and enter several log in passwords including  the word DELL and none of them worked. I didn't want to enter too many wrong passwords because I didn't know if the system would lock me out. Can anyone help me by pass the BIOS log in password or some how disable it ? Thank You in advance.

A:Dell Inspiron 530 BIOS is locked with password requesting help to unlock BIOS

Hi WILSPEAK,
Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.
Request you to contact Dell team for the BIOS password either via DellTechCenter in Facebook or @DellCaresPRO on Twitter and they will be able to provide you a BIOS password once the ownership of the system is confirmed.
Do reach back for any query.
Regards,DELL-Akshatha MSocial Media and Community Professional#IWork4Dell

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19682558
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi, Thanx to shuttles indescript site I have killed my AI61 motherboard, I thought I was getting an executable zip which was actually the flash program + rom and after opening BEEEEEP

Anyway I have a eeprom burner and this eeprom sst39sf020 is right in the list.

Can anyone email me the bios .bin file for this motherboard? (not the file from shuttles site but the old bios file ai61s017.bin so I can flash it using my eeprom burner)

Or at least tell me how to extract the .rom from the exe file shuttle sends

If I get the rom file I will be able to revive this nifty old 750!

PS it appears that shuttle quite sending *.bin bios updates a while ago but if anyone can find ai61s017.bin I would be gratefull

Thanx
Ryan

A:(solved) Shuttle AI61 messed up bios, where do I find a bios bin file?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-shuttle-ai61-messed-up-bios-where-do-i-find-a-bios-bin-file.186055/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hello everyone I ama new user and i am coming up with this post as I couldn t find any kind of solution update BIOS B590 failure! Lenovo BIOS FLASH! Black... for my problem Recently I decided to do a reinstallation of my operating system which also previously was Windows Ultimate x The installation went as usual and after finishing it I went on to install all the latest drivers from the Lenovo site for my product When getting close to installing almost all the drivers i ve needed i Lenovo B590 BIOS update failure! BIOS FLASH! Black... stumbled upon a new version of the BIOS amnd the drivers and sfotware recommended for my laptop by the producer So i proceeded to install the upgrade restarted the computer when it prompted me to do so but after the so-called restart the laptop did not boot up as usual At first it was telling me to not do anything as the BIOS is being flashed and then it was telling me something about some sort of image processing things that i did not understand at the time i have never encountered anything like that After that my screen turned black I have not done anything for a few couple of minutes as i thought it was supposed to be like that but then i just force shut it down and unplugged the AC adapter When trying to boot it all up again the only thing i got was a black screen and nothing else After doing a little bit of research it appears that somehowm i ve managed to corrupt the bios on my laptop or something and nothing else would work at this point I tried to remove the BIOS battery and the ram and then put them all back tryed resetting the bios by taking out the battery but nothing would work I would be really thankful if anyone would be kind enough to point me one way or another as i do not know what to do at all nbsp Around the webz i found some way of creating a bootable usb flash drive where i would put a compatible version of BIOS from the site and then install it onto the laptop but i do not quite know how to do that properly either as the software they are pointing me to wincrisis is not working by any means

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-B590-BIOS-update-failure-BIOS-FLASH-Black-screen-after/td-p/3392941
Relevancy 31.39%

Hello,

I have problems with entering the BIOS and boot. My device requests a password, what can you do? Toshiba service centers in our city is not present. All I could do - press control, tab, control, enter, and the machine gave me PC Serial

Sorry for my English, I used Google translator.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?92875-BIOS-amp-boot-issue-Portege-Z930-requests-BIOS-password
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi Guys I restored an image created with Macrium Reflect on my wife's computer Custom build with Asus P Z -V LX mother board and everything went fine until rebooting when i got to the quot Please press DEL BIOS access UEFI Cannot Bios, to settings or F2 DEL enter press Please or F to enter UEFI BIOS settings quot then everything stopped I have tried F DEL F F just about Cannot access Bios, Please press DEL or F2 to enter UEFI BIOS settings all the F combinations and nothing works I have two SSD drives one with Win Pro and one with Win Pro not connected at the same time and neither of them will boot up I have tried changing the jumper pins from and to and for sec to clear the RTC Ram in CMOS then returned then to and and tried rebooting no change so i removed the battery and repeated the jumper pin swap then reinstalled the battery and still no change cannot get passed press DEL or F to access the BIOS settings I even downloaded the latest BIOS and updater as shown and put them on a USB flash drive together and tried the Macrium Rescue disk and still nothing happened and it will not open the BIOS maybe i got it all wrong I was hoping someone here might know how to put it right i am out of idea's and any help would be greatly appreciated System Specs Intel Core i K Ivy Bridge GHz MB Motherboard Asus P Z -V LX LGA ATX Motherboard Memory G Cannot access Bios, Please press DEL or F2 to enter UEFI BIOS settings Skill GB Kit x GB DDR Ripjaws X C MHz Samsung Series GB quot mm SSD SATA x Win and Win Storage Drive Western Digital Caviar Black WD FAEX quot TB MB RPM Graphics Card Leadtek Quadro MB DVI DP Optical Drive LG CH LS x Black SATA Blu-Ray Combo Drive Retail Pack Card Reader Shintaro in quot Sound Card Integrated Gigabyte GZ-X Black Mid Tower Case - Cannot access Bios, Please press DEL or F2 to enter UEFI BIOS settings W PSU Power Supply XFX Core Edition Operating System Microsoft Windows Professional OEM Bit Anti Virus Trend Micro Maximum Security Keyboard amp Mouse Microsoft Wireless Desktop Monitor Asus VE H quot Full HD WS MS LED Thanks Guys

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/393901-cannot-access-bios-please-press-del-f2-enter-uefi-bios-settings.html
Relevancy 31.39%

Performed a bios update on my dj/music laptop, after restart the screen remained black with wifi light remaining orange and the caps lock blinking twice every so often. Ive tried downloading the bios recovery and throwing it on a usb, under the hp tools and all that jazz. But upon doing the procedure after the power and windows-B the flash drive lights up and flickers then stops and caps lock starts blinking twice again. Im in dire need to fix this cause i have a festival in 3 weeks. Any input or guide to fixing this would be greatly appreciated.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Envy-15t-j100-bios-corruption-after-recommended-hp-bios/td-p/5705699
Relevancy 31.39%

BIOS problem occured when I upgraded graphicscard, see my other thread.
Computer/soundcard boot problems after upgrading graphicscard GTX 960

I started this thread because it is a bios problem.

I downloaded the driver 2.09 from manufacturers website (medion)
motherboard MS- 7728
when i try to flash it says
"ROM file does not match existing BIOS size"

someone knows how to solve this?

A:Flashing BIOS - ROM file does not match existing BIOS size

Kevin someone in the other thread asked what size PSU you have now I am not sure what you have hooked up but one way you can check what size PSU you need (for starters) because what you have looks to be a tad on the small size at 450W - eXtreme Power Supply Calculator - The only power supply calculator trusted by PSU manufacturers and computer enthusiasts

Just enter in as much as you can and the readout should give you roughly what size you need with some margin of error. Now if the result is close to the 450W PSU you have?? then under heavy load it might well be trying to draw more than what is available. Remember the stated output is the ideal and in reality some power is lost with the internal workings of the PSU circuitry/s.
Personally I use a PSU that has at least 25% more than I possibly need and just because it says for example 650W on the label doesn't mean that it is producing 650W continuously the device only puts out what is being asked of it. That is to say if your machine's components are idling at a draw of 200W then that is all a 650W PSU will put out - it is sort of working on a linear scale for want of a better way of putting it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/369956-flashing-bios-rom-file-does-not-match-existing-bios-size.html
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi everyone, I tried getting to the advanced Bios setup under Bios menu but couldnt find it. The Bios version of my Pc is insyde F.1B. please what can i do ?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Inability-to-Access-Advanced-BIOS-Setup-on-my-bios-menu/td-p/5841012
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi There,

I just built a desktop with a sabertooth x79 motherboard, and am running Windows 8.1 pro 64-bit. When I click the UEFI BIOS Firmware live tile via the change PC settings>update and recovery>recovery>etc. my computer reboots normally to Windows and will not open BIOS. I have tried accessing it using the delete and f2 keys, but this does nothing either.

Any ideas? I am up to date in terms of my BIOS, and am definitely running UEFI and not legacy.

Thank you so much.

A:UEFI BIOS firmware restart doesn't boot to BIOS

Motherboards - SABERTOOTH X79

Originally Posted by ASUS

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/37128-uefi-bios-firmware-restart-doesnt-boot-bios.html
Relevancy 31.39%

I have posted a few questions regarding getting samsung 950 pro (NVME M.2 ssd) to be recognized quickly on boot by ENVY 750-170SE cto rom family id #2b4b and it hasn't been resolved.  I am pretty sure that HP will need to create a newer bios than the a.08 version that i have or the lower versioned number a.07 which is available from HP's website (even though it has a newer date than a.08 (this is really strange))  -  How do i go about getting HP to release a beta or final bios that shortens my boot time by 3 minutes?  Am i posting in the wrong area, if so where do i post?  I am not alone with this problem.  see SpearfishX post #21 - and i am unable to post in this forum, it needs to be reopened and addressed - http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Envy-750se-capable-of-M-2-NVMe-u...

A:Bios Upgrade on HP Envy 750-170se CTO bios family 2b4b

@FrozenGamer? If your PC takes 3 minutes to boot in a factory condition then you should contact HP support. If your PC is less than 21 days old then quickly return it.  Without any modifications, your PC should be booting up in less than 30 seconds. I haven't seen any official HP posted information that supports NVMe m.2 SSDs.  Run the HP Support Assistant and see if it picks up a later BIOS update. HP's support number is 800-474-6836 or 800-HPINVENT or online here.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Bios-Upgrade-on-HP-Envy-750-170se-CTO-bios-family-2b4b/td-p/5585600
Relevancy 31.39%

When you go to the following link nbsp http support lenovo com us en downloads ds nbsp and scroll about of the way down the webpage it says that there is a v version of the BIOS as shown below and it also says that v is the current version of the BIOS however there is no link versi... version and BIOS incorrect missing BIOS W520 to download v of W520 BIOS version missing and incorrect BIOS versi... the BIOS or the accompanying readme txt file like there is say for v of the BIOS - see below nbsp Package UEFI BIOS nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp ECP nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Release nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp BET WW AHT WW nbsp nbsp nbsp Current Release nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp BET WW nbsp AHT WW nbsp nbsp buj us exe nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp buj us txt nbsp Also at the very top of the same webpage it says that v is the current version of the BIOS NOT v nbsp If you look at the Readme txt file it indicates that there was indeed a v of the BIOS released however version of the BIOS is not posted any where on the webpage nbsp Based on the other file name conventions it appears that the file names for the v of the BIOS would be ' buj us exe' and ' buj us txt' nbsp If you download the the alleged v of the BIOS at the top of the webpage and run the setup program it says that it will install v of the BIOS nbsp Also if you go to the following link for W driver and BIOS downloads nbsp http support lenovo com us en products laptops-and-netbooks thinkpad-w-series-laptops thinkpad-w nbsp and you select BIOS UEFI from the pull down menu and download the fourth link down i e v of the Windows version of the BIOS update and run the exe file it ALSO says v when you run the executable - see attached screen capture nbsp Lenovo can you please straighten all of these different problems out nbsp It is important that these BIOS update downloads and accompanying readme and version information are correct and accurate v download indicates v of bios png KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/W520-BIOS-version-missing-and-incorrect-BIOS-version-displayed/td-p/3347409
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi,

I have a old Tecra 9100 with years of good service, and this is my first problem, but is a great one, after a forced reboot the screen shows a BIOS block 1 damaged message. I have tried to repair the BIOS upgrading to the last version I have found, the 1.6 one, but its a Windows version (to upgrade from a running Toshiba computer I think) and when I try to run it in another computer to generate a FDD and upgrade BIOS, I cant, beacuse a Toshiba common modules message.

Its there any BIOS diskette image-archive I can dowload to perform the BIOS upgrade in the BIOS?

Thanks in advance.

A:Tecra 9100 - BIOS block 1 damaged and how to update BIOS?

Hello

All you can find is stuff on Toshiba support page. I don't know where you live but try to contact nearest Toshiba authorized service provider.
They have access to Toshiba database and they can obtain all this for you. Make a call and ask for help. I am pretty sure they will help you to solve this BIOS issue.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?46581-Tecra-9100-BIOS-block-1-damaged-and-how-to-update-BIOS
Relevancy 31.39%

Good evening!
A week ago I reinstalled Windows 7 in EFI mode on my laptop, and now I've got this problem: whenever I turn on my computer after a shutdown, the BIOS says "System Resuming" instead of "Press F2 to enter settings". This makes impossible for me to access BIOS settings. Previously, my BIOS used to say "System Resuming" only after a hibernation. The weird fact is that - as far as I remember - this thing started happening only after a few days.
Can you help me?
Thanks in advance :-)

A:I can't access BIOS settings because BIOS assumes Windows is resuming

Try doing a shutdown command from a CMD window, or Start button / Run
The command is shutdown /s

See if entering the command manually makes a difference in how it starts up

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/343868-i-cant-access-bios-settings-because-bios-assumes-windows-resuming.html
Relevancy 31.39%

Dear all nbsp Since the beginning I got troubles with charging - plugged in not charging The easiest solution was just remove the battery but not for HP Omen I removed battery and destroyed the rubber on the bottom nbsp I had to open the laptop because one morning I got the massegae that my laptop is overheated and fan does not work properly Both fans works only during the lounch when windows works only one fan was in operations second one never starts again Looking for the solution in the internet I have found that this can be because of BIOS is not updated nbsp update vers... works Fan like helicopter-BIOS BIOS is a blocked I pushed F checked the the system everything is fine and then I installed only one version Fan works like a helicopter-BIOS update is blocked BIOS vers... which I have found there No massages regarding overheating any more both Fans are working full power and very very loud Temperature of processors is C In my room C nbsp nbsp I followed all instructions but got massege BIOS update is blocked I downloaded the most previous version again BIOS update is blocked Current version of bios is BIOS version F Sep nbsp Can it be solved somehow nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

A:Fan works like a helicopter-BIOS update is blocked BIOS vers...

@YuraL? To better help you we would need the exact model number or product number of your laptop/desktop??? http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c00033108 REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Fan-works-like-a-helicopter-BIOS-update-is-blocked-BIOS/td-p/5829795
Relevancy 31.39%

Computer won't boot after bios upgrade Quick history- computer was working but was dropped damaging hdd- verified hdd damage by removing it and connecting it to another computer- verified computer hardware still good by booting and using it from ubuntu live cd- purchased SSD- changed Bios HDD support to Legacy mode so I could install w - installed w bit professional- install went great computer booted in windows no lan or wifi yet missing drivers- downloaded drivers and bios update from HP site for my exact machine to USB stick using different machine- installed audio driver- installed bios update did not tamper with machine at all during BIOS update followed instructions exactly- after bios update nbsp s w said bios flash was complete computer just hung for min's- repowered machine only get black screen- holding down F while powering up gets white F BIOS Setup Options text in lower left corner of screen nothing else happens I tried holding the windows bios boot after upgrade bios or no Black menu screen and B key before powering then for a minute after powering several times nothing happened http support hp com us-en document c I repeated that procedure half a dozen times with and without a USB with the BIOS update software on it in a USB slot no difference nbsp nbsp Does my model support this key combination to load deffault BIOS settings nbsp Do I have any other options to unbrick my machine Any Black screen no boot or bios menu after bios upgrade advice is appreciated Mike

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Black-screen-no-boot-or-bios-menu-after-bios-upgrade/td-p/5635572
Relevancy 31.39%

Computer failed during upgrade of bios. I have followed all the steps to recover bios: taken out battery, pressed windows + B + power, restore screen appears. Computer goes thru bios restore process and verification. When it gets to the 'count down to windows start up' and 'continue to restart button', the computer freezes and does not restart. I have pressed the continue button, nothing. I have let the count down continue and it stops at 1 then nothing.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Bios-Upgrade-failure-rebooted-bios-no-continue-to-startup/td-p/5763869
Relevancy 31.39%

AMD Dual Core processors - updating BIOS?

how do you do this?

thanks a lot

A:AMD Dual Core processors - updating BIOS/flashing BIOS?

Flash a BIOS?
You need to download the update from the motherboard manufacturer. Then follow the directions in the readme file that usually comes with it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-dual-core-processors-updating-bios-flashing-bios.43233/
Relevancy 31.39%

Dear all, I'm trying to automate the bios settings with the latest HP Bios Configuration Utility using SCCM 2012.When the task is rebooting the system, I get this message."The following configuration change has been requested"How do I automate to accept this up front? Kind regardsDries

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Bios-Configuration-Utility-Accept-the-BIOS-System/td-p/5782164
Relevancy 31.39%

Hello all, this is my first time posting here so please forgive any mistakes/oversights. I've just updated my Samsung laptop's system BIOS via their software update program, and my Nvidia GPU (GT 650m DDR3) no longer seems to work. The Nvidia control panel is still there, and it still gives me the option to select which programs use the GPU, but there is no GPU actitivity showing up. Also,I've tried playing Skyrim (which auto-detects the PC's graphics cards) , and the game no longer seems to detect the Nvidia GPU (just the Intel integrated graphics).

My laptop model is NP550PC7, with 6 gig of ram, and an i7 quad core CPU, and the OS is Window 7 Home Premium 64bit.

I've tried looking in the BIOS but I can't seem to find anything related to the GPU or display options. Any help or avice is much appreciated.

A:Problems with Nvidia gpu post BIOS system BIOS update.

Hi,

Have you updated your GPU with the latest drivers?

http://www.geforce.co.uk/drivers

Please navigate to:

Start> Control panel> Swith to icon view> device manager.
Look under "Display Adapters"

Is the Nvidia GPU listed there? If so are there any yellow symbols etc?

Cheers

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/290427-problems-nvidia-gpu-post-bios-system-bios-update.html
Relevancy 31.39%

I tried to booting the computer Block error checksun BIOS BIOS Boot Award and received the Award Boot Block Bios and BIOS checksun error BIOS checksun error Award Boot Block BIOS It detects the cdrom but I don t have the CD Where can I get the cd like where to download it HP Media Center Windows XP SP Motherboard ASUS P LP-LE LimeStone Pentium D I don t remember the rest I found the site for the motherboard http h www hp com ewfrf wc cc us amp product amp dlc en amp docname c Backgorund I was having some probelms which the computer wouldn t start at all and a really loud sound the fan made so I called my insurance and they came and change the mother board twice and added a new cooling fan and power supply All this took two months for waiting for the parts and making an appoinment with the tech After replacing the motherboard twice the tech told me I m gonna order new harddrive I don t think is the motherboard or the fan Before leaving he suggested me to call me inusrance and tell them that you want a new computer cause its been more than two months and there has been four calls already So I called the insurance and got a new computer and kept the old one A week after receiving my new computer I took the old one for repair but at didn t at the end after they told me how much it would cost me to get it fix Now I m deciding to do it myself but I boot the computer and received something about Award Boot Block Bios I remember the tech putting a cd to the computer when he tried booting it up Where can I get a copy of the cd or is there a site to download it from Before I installing a new harddrive and XP Vista if i can i need the cd nbsp

Relevancy 31.39%

So recently I purchased a Galaxy GTX MB video card I was previously using a BFG Tech GTX When I first installed the GPU I was on an ASUS P B Deluxe WiFI Edition motherboard I am now on an ASRock P time) up Bios (slowing Mobo boot up GPU showing BIOS before Extreme motherboard I mention the old mobo because the problem has been the same regardless So I link the issue to the GPU Anywho the new Galaxy card on boot displays it's own Bios information before the mobo Bios page shows up It's actually the first thing I see on my monitor It just simply displays Galaxy Bios version etc etc etc It doesn't last for more than - seconds but I personally feel it's an unnecessary delay Especially since I'm so adamant about computer efficiency and I try to get my boot up times as fast as possible Just a personal hobby I enjoy So I was curious if there is a way to disable this initial Bios screen I did many google searches and couldn't find the problem to a a perfect description Some people did mention that it has GPU Bios showing up before Mobo BIOS (slowing boot up time) to do with a motherboard conflict but that's why I mentioned bother motherboards One was old and the one I'm on now is brand new I've never purchased a Galaxy card until now so I'm curious if it's unique to their brand I've never updated Bios on a video card before and I'm not sure if it'd cure the problem either Anyone familiar with this situation Thank you Edit I'll take a picture of the Bios screen and post it quick I just thought about doing it but I typed this entire message and I can't do that unless I restart

A:GPU Bios showing up before Mobo BIOS (slowing boot up time)

It will still have to do it's thing...even if you manage to make it disappear....I have had systems in the past that has done that same thing...if speed is what your after a SSD will do more for that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/165700-gpu-bios-showing-up-before-mobo-bios-slowing-boot-up-time.html
Relevancy 30.96%

So a few days ago I had the smart idea to update my Bios I had brought up System Information and saw I BIOS BIOS, menu bring at Restarts up Computer often can't even hadn't updated the Bios since it's an older computer so I downloaded the Bios and ran the windows installer Everyone seemed to run fine But afterwards the computer would restart at the Bios screen multiple times Given enough time it would sometimes get past the Bios screen and load Windows I tried pressing F to bring up the Bios menu but it would restart before the menu popped up After probably - resets I could bring Computer Restarts at BIOS, often can't even bring up BIOS menu up the Bios menu I tried using an USB with the Bios on it to install it again but it didn't fix anything I've heard of different things like pulling out and putting back in reseating the CMOS battery to reset the Bios to the original version I haven't tried that yet because I wanted to see if there were any other options Thank you for your time

A:Computer Restarts at BIOS, often can't even bring up BIOS menu

I am not aware that reseating the CMOS battery will cause the BIOS to revert to the original version.  Nevertheless, have you tried re-flashing the 2013 version again?  If that doesn't solve the problem, maybe you could try flashing the 2011 version?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/612668/computer-restarts-at-bios-often-cant-even-bring-up-bios-menu/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hi,My Lenovo laptop K2450 wont boot up and always in blackscreen (no boot, no bios, no lenovo logo or anything just blackscreen) when im turn on the power, this happen after im changing some config in BIOS (but tottally forgot what changed). Everything work fine except fan is off after 3 second. Already tried to reset BIOS but nothing happen, then my technician say that my BIOS is corrupt and i need back up for that. Anyone here got BIOS backup for Lenovo K2450? thanks for help.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-C-E-K-M-N-and-V-Series/BIOS-Corrupt-Need-BIOS-Backup-for-Lenovo-K2450/td-p/3358115
Relevancy 30.96%

I have a hp probook 4330s ,Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit , i3 2310m , 4gb ddr3 ram , 250gb sata 2 hdd and intel hd 3000 with 64mb dedicated video memory. So i wanted to increase that memory to 256 or 512mb and i went to BIOS and in BIOS  i couldnt find the advanced tab , so if i may ask how do i increase my video memory or enter the advanced bios tab where i can do it .Advanced bios tab is not priority my priority is to increase my Intel HD 3000 vram to 256 or 510mb if possible, but i thing it is by loocking to some YouTube videos bun non of them could help me so please let me know if anyone knows how to increase my vram , thanks. Sory for bad english i am from Serbia Have a nice day !

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/ADVANCED-BIOS-TAB-Increasing-Vram-in-locked-bios/td-p/5848377
Relevancy 30.96%

Hello, guys...
Is there such program which decodes or reset the bios password of a Laptop
My laptop in an old Acer Aspire 4715z

I've tried removing the CMOS
But found no jumper. I was suprised that after resetting the CMOS only the Date and Time reset.

I'll be waiting for your replies..
Thanks.

A:BIOS Decoder or BIOS password reset tool

I am sorry, but we cannot help youPer forum rulesNo subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/284022/bios-decoder-or-bios-password-reset-tool/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hi,trying to change BIOS language using HP Bios Configuration Utility but get Error code 6 - Access Denied (failed due to BIOS permissions).BIOS version is THI vA0.08.I can read (get) successfully but cannot change any setting...tried to change other settings unsuccessfully.What am I missing? Do I need to set a password first?

A:Can't change bios language - HP BIOS Configuration Utility -...

I should have mentioned...language is currently Dutch and I would like to set it to English. I removed the * and placed in front of English...essentially following instructions in the manual so that is not the issue.thanks in advance for your help ?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Can-t-change-bios-language-HP-BIOS-Configuration-Utility-HP/td-p/5728355
Relevancy 30.96%

Hi I am running a home-constructed PC started out life as a Dell but i had to Can't even problem? bios get Not boot Detected, INTO bios Mouse on replace the Mouse Not Detected, bios problem? Can't even get INTO bios on boot motherboard and - well one thing led to another Asus A N-E running NVidia nForce with AMD processor Windows XP professional Zone Alarm security suite It s been working fine for a couple of years with the odd hiccup but i transferred to Zone Alarm from McAfee about four months ago and upgraded to IE - security and fire walls seem to be a big part of the problems i ve had in the past so i thought i d mention it last week i had the quot application error with winlogon exe quot error on log on and I couldn t boot at all I did a repair install from the XP disk which Mostly worked but now I have no mouse I am having to tab through the browswer fields to even post this message which is incredibly frustrating Odd symptoms IE has rolled back to version I guess that might be a function of the repair install In the device manager there is NO quot mouse and other pointing devices quot entry let alone any mouse recorded under it In the control panel the mouse hardware properties are completely blank no way of updating driver or getting more inform ation - selecting the buttons does nothing In Regedit the particular registry key that Microsoft says I should be looking for at http support microsoft com kb which is HKEY LOCAL MACHINE System CurrentControlSet Services Class Mouse doesn t even exist in the registry So I am thinking there s something at the BIOS level that s wrong m eaning windows doesn t even know to look for the mouse but most weirdly of all when I reboot at hit quot del quot to enter the set up screen it won t let me - it just continues to load windows I have a bad feeling that there could be a virus involved with this - to access my work computer system remotely I have to switch off Zone Alarm and I wonder whether something got under the radar When I try to update Zone Alarm s virus scanner it won t let me Any thoughts gratefully appreciated Cheers Electric Ray nbsp

A:Mouse Not Detected, bios problem? Can't even get INTO bios on boot

Most likely a bad mouse, or a bent mouse pin, or you are using one of those wireless mouse units, or a cheap usb mouse.

Mouse detection problems are exceedingly rare except for the above... never heard of a mouse being affected by a virus.

Uninstall Zone Alarm if you are using Internet Explorer 7.0 because you will always have problems otherwise.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-not-detected-bios-problem-cant-even-get-into-bios-on-boot.72457/
Relevancy 30.96%

HP software said there was a bios update and it ran through this one screen said it recommended backing up the bios in case of corruption and it created a partition. Computer will now not boot and as its new I dont have a recovery disk. How is it that an automatic HP update can kill the computer. Anyone know if removing the partition will solve it or if /i have likely lost everything on the C drive. Any help appreciated thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Desktop-has-done-a-HP-bios-update-creating-a-bios-recovery/td-p/5847609
Relevancy 30.96%

Okay, so I got the laptop from my aunt and she gave it to me broken, not booting up. So I wanna upgrade/downgrade the BIOS and probably will help with the issue. It booted yesterday, but it didn't today. I followed the instructions in this document at Recovering the notebook BIOS using an external device. I currently have a blank non-bootable USB, and whenever I extract the BIOS there, I get "Error IHIS! not support current BIOS" followed with "BIOS did not support InsydeFlash"  May anyone please help me to finally fix this devil. Any help would be appreciated.    And yes, It is on Windows 10 Pro 32 bit. I did a fresh clean install of it yesterday.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/BIOS-Problem-quot-IHISI-not-support-current-BIOS-quot/td-p/5612910
Relevancy 30.96%

Got a bit of a problem with my housemates pc A friend gave bios. in System failing bios. freezes Occasionally before him some extra RAM i checked it out and it was crucial mb pc System failing before bios. Occasionally freezes in bios. CL and although it didn t match his exsisting RAM it seemed to me that his mobo would only run the FSB at mhz anyway so i went ahead and fitted it It worked fine I then noticed his system temp was running a little high - degrees so i took his heatsink off and cleaned the dust and refitted it with some new thermal compound I added too much and the temp went up To nearly degrees I shut it dwon as i didn t want the cpu to pop cleaned it off reapplied less compound and figured this would work fine Now we have the problem Most of the time Power on and nothing happens No bios no beeps Occasionally Power on i jump into the bios the temp looks fine - degrees and then it freezes right there in the bios after about seconds to a minute This sounds like a heat issue but the last temp reading before freeze is degrees I ve double and triple checked that the heatsink is on properly and thats fine I followed the official guide on how much compound to use a blob the size of an uncooked short grain of rice ----------------------- Here is the info on his system Abit SG- mobo Pentium ghz SL PM http processorfinder intel com Details aspx sSpec SL PM mb elixir DDR- hz-PC CL RAM Barracuda gb rpm HDD Windows Pro SP nbsp

Relevancy 30.96%

Dear All I have a question regarding BIOS upgrades as well as downgrades First about downgrading BIOS is it a safe thing to do If not then what makes it not safe I have Dell Inspiron M with the latest BIOS A Not happy with this one due to high pitch sounds coming from of upgrade down know BIOS Is safe? do downgrading if How of BIOS successful is or you the top right hand corner of the laptop It s been suggested that I downgrade only a couple of revisions back namely to either A or A However Ive been getting conflicting reports about the Is downgrading of BIOS safe? How do you know if down or upgrade of BIOS is successful safety of downgrading from Dell Tech Support Some say that it s not done at all others say that as long as it s only to downgrade back to a couple of previous versions then risks are not as high as going all the way back to a really early version such as A etc The risks I m told is in the performance Is downgrading of BIOS safe? How do you know if down or upgrade of BIOS is successful of hard disks Apparently if you downgrade to a really early version such as A then problems will arise though I m not sure what the exact problems are Moreover there are those who say that there is no procedure for downgrading Is downgrading of BIOS safe? How do you know if down or upgrade of BIOS is successful and that it is never suggested to anyone to downgrade their BIOS The notion that it becomes riskier as you downgrade back to a really early version of BIOS such as A baffles me because in my case prior to doing any kind of updating for BIOS on my laptop I had version A and have not had any kind of improvements enhancements done to my computer whatsoever in other words my computer is the same as when I got it last year in terms of hardware In terms of software I have not changed my OS of Windows XP home edition with SP I only added iTunes Firefox Thunderbird plus software for a corded keyboard Therefore the claim that reverting to a really early version of BIOS such as A would pose a greater risk than reverting back to A or A does not make sense for my computer worked fine with A and I have not changed any of my hardware My reason for upgrading is because Dell Support software popped up in the bottom right hand corner saying I needed to upgrade my BIOS to A so I did that then discovered after that there was a critical update of A which I installed as well and which I have currently Another question I have is this how do you know for sure that an upgrade or downgrade was successful Although I have yet to do any downgrading when I updated my BIOS to A then to A the download for these two files went fine I did not get any error messages Even after I flashed the BIOS with A and A I got a message saying that the update was successful However is it possible that even with a message saying that an update was successful that there may be some glitch and that the BIOS was NOT updated properly I ask such a question because ever since upgrading to A I ve been getting a high pitched sound from the top right hand corner of my laptop The noise is not consistent in a sense that it was always present just after updating to A but now it is only present when I first power the computer on after it s been shut off completely and when I put into Standby then come out of it the noise always disappears Thank you for your time and any help you can provide me with Sincerely Lavender PS I would also like to add that with all the Tech Support I spoke to at Dell except for one guy they were all very hesitant if not down right against downgrading What makes downgrading so dangerous risky As I understand it upgrading or downgrading BIOS is about erasing the previous version of BIOS and installing another version If that is the case then the process for downgrading and upgrading would be the same for flash BIOS would it not If so why is upgrading OK to do but downgrading is something not done and is considered quot forced quot Isn t upgrading quot forced... Read more

A:Is downgrading of BIOS safe? How do you know if down or upgrade of BIOS is successful

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-downgrading-of-bios-safe-how-do-you-know-if-down-or-upgrade-of-bios-is-successful.597666/
Relevancy 30.96%

Just a thought......
Currently we build around 80,000 pc's a year here, with a fairly low attach rate of Nvidia Cards (Geforce G210, Quadro 600 and Quadro 2000D). I was just speaking to one of my Taiwanese colleagues who said their new G210 VGA Cards with a UEFI Bios will not work on Windows 7 Machines/Mainboards with a Legacy Bios, and vv, Older G210 cards that we currently have a Legacy VGA Bios won't work on Windows 8 Machines/Mainboards with UEFI Bios.

Is this right ? or am i being a bit stupid..... ?

A:VGA Bios & Mainboard Bios Interaction Win7 vs Win8

Um, I'm not sure I follow but my Asus M4N68T-M V2 ?ATX Motherboard and NVIDIA Geforce GT 220 PCIe Video card both work just fine with Windows 8. Neither one has a UEFI BIOS. I have to admit to having little to no experience with UEFI. I wasn't aware that a Video card had to have or even had a UEFI BIOS.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/10119-vga-bios-mainboard-bios-interaction-win7-vs-win8.html
Relevancy 30.96%

we are trying to do a rather off-the-wall thing. the big picture: we have classified data that we want to encrypt on all writable partitions on our hard drive(s). we need to store the encryption/decryption "keys" - two redundant 32 byte entries - for this data external to these drives. one place we thought of was in bios. these keys will be used for every read/write from/to the hard drives, so we would like them be be accessible in the lower part of ram like all other bios data is after bootup (if possible). the keys may need to be changed sometimes at boot-up by a third party application and NOT by entering the standard bios menus, which may be the trickiest part. is any of this at all possible?
thanks!
t.

A:How does one write to (and read from) bios without using typical bios menus?

Sure it is, but why do it the hard way? (You would have to rewrite the operating system kernel/drivers to do this unless you are using DOS or something)

There are industry standard solutions like TPM chips on motherboards, smart cards, security tokens, pinpads, hardware hard drive encryption devices..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-does-one-write-to-and-read-from-bios-without-using-typical-bios-menus.94744/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hello:

This is my first post here, so hi to everyone.
I just got an ASUS X401a Notebook and I want to use a flash drive to boot from Linux.
I need to change the sequence in the BIOS so that the flash drive is first choice to boot from.
I have no problem accessing the BIOS utility, but it allows me to alter only some settings. Those in blue colored font I can change those in black font I cannot. What drive to boot from first is in black and not adjustable.
I used command line to work as admin and I also set up a password for admin in the BIOS to access the BIOS utility, but still no go; some things are allowed to be changed some aren't.

Any help is appreciated.

A:BIOS: Can access BIOS utility, but cannot change settings.

Is it asking for a password or something?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/250502-bios-can-access-bios-utility-but-cannot-change-settings.html
Relevancy 30.96%

I have ibm thinkpad R51 2887 nq2 series . My system has been crashed as it is not starting.The whole system gets hang after showing the first ibm screen. The bios utility setup is not getting opened through access ibm button . In safe mode it shows that system BIOS and video BIOS is not working and it has been shadowed.sometimes the system gets started ,but after one minute ,it stucks and the whole system paused and nothing happens.It may be the virus attack on BIOS and it also changes the time and date configuration of BIOS. so what should i do .And how i can install BIOS driver to the system.

A:Solved: system BIOS and video BIOS shadowed

Did you mark this "Solved"?

It sounds like you need a new CMOS battery.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-system-bios-and-video-bios-shadowed.741271/
Relevancy 30.96%

DISCLAIMER Spelling and grammar impaired I think i spelled that right Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s installed memory GB GB usable lt --dont ask X ddr system type -bit operating System OS Version Service Pack Build System Manufacturer Gateway lt ---might be the issue System Model FX System Type X -based PC Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot motherboard intel corp DG SXG chipset p g g SMBIOS Version BIOS intel corp bios bios i installed... wrong 1283, error think. DPP J A lt --- issue this bios seems to be for the DG bu but even worst it is for vista xp http downloadmirror intel com eng DG BU SpecUpdate pdf video card bfg tech GeForce gts not that it matters i have it overclocked to core shader memory Usually it maintains a temp of in idle - in game max setting but at time of error it was factory set yes i know that is a bit on the hot side ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Two weeks ago i could run Skyrim game only using it as a base for performance diff on full detail with a good number of mods Not any issues aside from moments of lag from graphics jump FPS i moved the computer into a different room There was no dropping or banging around of unit On reboot i get the blue screen of death this is the actual screen shot i took http i photobucket com albums e intellectualjoke get-attachmentaspx jpg I reboot and first off i get quot quot the AA number has not been programmed on the system press the enter key to continue quot actual failed picture of error ignore flash you get the idea also ignore the nastyness of the monitor my computer bios error 1283, wrong bios installed... i think. wasnt working so roomie wanted to swap till it was fixed i dont even want to bios error 1283, wrong bios installed... i think. think about what is on it http i photobucket com albums e intellectualjoke - - - - jpg After hitting enter it goes through bios these are not my start up or bios but what it should look like more or less First http i photobucket com albums e intellectualjoke images jpg Then to http i photobucket com albums e intellectualjoke photo- jpg Then the normal windows boot screen It then starts loading windows and freezes up The freeze is quick and followed by a flash of the blue screen of death says same thing as the previously linked blue screen then reboots Rinse and repeat I tried as many things as my patients could handle to save that installation of windows but alas prompt functions are limited In fact i think it was in the quot trying to save windows quot phase that i caused my issues I navigated to my c cabs file and re-installed what i thought was the proper bios i have no idea why an improper copy would be there specially considering it was the only one in there It installed but still no boot-up so i navigated to my partition and reformatted Reformat went without a hitch windows started up great and i don t notice much performance issue within the actual UI well that are visually noticeable anyways But on first boot the AA error was still there and now i had a different bios load screen not mine but is exactly like my new bios screen http i photobucket com albums e intellectualjoke Intel-DP LT-bios- jpg Certain things wont load -PCI simple communications controller -Different types of USB devices I have video of all this but i can not upload them due to a MTP USB Device driver issue it loads it updates but will NOT recognize the hardware prior to issues everything was plug and play Games CTD with no error message not that skyrim is the most stable but all my games CTD the duration of time till CTD differs even within the same game same save spot I know it isn t my video card running out of memory or overheating because i monitor everything in game with with EVGA Precision This is my first forum post asking for help ever Usually Google is all i need I let others swallow their pride and look like chromos... Read more

A:bios error 1283, wrong bios installed... i think.

It would either need to boot far enough to load the new BIOS via floppy/USB, or the BIOS chip would need to be removed and flashed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-error-1283-wrong-bios-installed-i-think.1036872/
Relevancy 30.96%

I errantly switched the BIOS setting from Raid-AHCI to IEDI while attempting to allow my system to recognize a newly installed SSD nbsp The plan was to clone my HDD to the SSD as the boot Won't BIOS to from and No Boot Acc... RAID-AHCI IDE BIOS Change drive but it wasn't seen in windows nbsp Initially was able to see it in the BIOS settings nbsp Long story short I switched from Raid-AHCI to IEDI and have not been able to boot the PC BIOS Change from RAID-AHCI to IDE Won't Boot and No BIOS Acc... since nbsp On boot the pc turns on and the fans for the power supply and NVIDIA cards spin but there is nothing visual taking place on the monitor It's BIOS Change from RAID-AHCI to IDE Won't Boot and No BIOS Acc... as if the devices are getting power but the motherboard doesn't know they are there nbsp Tried clearing the CMOS unplugged took out CMOS battery held reset button and that didn't seem to make a difference nbsp There is supposed to be a recovery jumper on the MB E but the pins seem to be missing on my motherboard so that's not an option nbsp I'm pretty sure that BIOS Change from RAID-AHCI to IDE Won't Boot and No BIOS Acc... if I can get the MB back to Raid-AHCI mode it should respond for me again nbsp Unfortunately without access to the BIOS on boot I have no idea how to do that nbsp Any and all suggestions are welcome nbsp Thanks in advance

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/BIOS-Change-from-RAID-AHCI-to-IDE-Won-t-Boot-and-No-BIOS/td-p/5566239
Relevancy 30.96%

I have a HP 2760P and I'm running Windows 7 64bit,I did a clean install since I replaced the harddisk, I installed HP Protect Tools. Problem:Most of the BIOS settings are grayed out, I can't change anything. Do I need to login to the BIOS as Administrator or so? When I enter the BIOS I get asked to login.I can only login with my Domain-Account, I can't enter another account name.I therefore login and see the bios-settings.However most settings are grayed out."Set Administrator Password" is also grayed out. How can I enable the BIOS-settings?Do I need to Login into the BIOS as an Administrator? How can I do that, during entering the BIOS it only let's me login as my regular domain-account or how can I even set an Administrator-Password? Thanks and best regards 

A:BIOS settings grayed out, Login To BIOS as Administrator?

leonardlin wrote:I have a HP 2760P and I'm running Windows 7 64bit,I did a clean install since I replaced the harddisk, I installed HP Protect Tools. Problem:Most of the BIOS settings are grayed out, I can't change anything. Do I need to login to the BIOS as Administrator or so? When I enter the BIOS I get asked to login.I can only login with my Domain-Account, I can't enter another account name.I therefore login and see the bios-settings.However most settings are grayed out."Set Administrator Password" is also grayed out. How can I enable the BIOS-settings?Do I need to Login into the BIOS as an Administrator? How can I do that, during entering the BIOS it only let's me login as my regular domain-account or how can I even set an Administrator-Password? Thanks and best regards What I have found is that this situation arose for me when I logged in to the BIOS as a regular user after installing HP ProtectTools and enabling Pre-boot authentication.  I needed to log in as an admin user. However, in my case, I had yet to set up an administrative password for the BIOS prior to setting up HP ProtectTools.  What I needed to do was the following set of steps: 1.  When the system reboots, it SHOULD give you the option to log in to the BIOS as a guest or registered user.  Log in as GUEST into the BIOS instead of a registered user (wierd, but it works).2.  Go to BIOS Security settings and create a BIOS admin password.3.  You should then be able to edit additional settings, although you may need to log out and then log in as guest and type your new BIOS admin password. Hope this helps! Best Regards,Eric 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/BIOS-settings-grayed-out-Login-To-BIOS-as-Administrator/td-p/1060073
Relevancy 30.96%

Hi I've got Restart after changes after replacing time Bios every Clock Bios even an Acer Model As Laptop with an i M processor and GB of good Ram I'm running Win Pro Bit It's only about months old and this started about a month ago I have no other problems IE Blue Screens or Lockups or anything just the Bios clock changes to a random date and time after every restart I replaced the Bios battery twice and it only effects the chore of having to reset the time in Windows every time I boot I'm going to send it to Acer to be repaired within a week or two but maybe it's not a bad timing mechanism in the motherboard and one of you people have a correct solution to it Which will save me the trouble of sending it in for a motherboard replacement I do have Bios Clock time changes after every Restart even after replacing Bios all the drivers and bios updates installed Oh yes I've ran about different virus Etc Malware scans with several different products and they all come back clean I ran System File Checker SFC scannow from the command prompt several times that also comes back OK Thanks Earthmanx

A:Bios Clock time changes after every Restart even after replacing Bios

Quote: Originally Posted by Earthmanx

...just the Bios clock changes to a random date and time after every restart.

If this is the case then Windows wouldn't change it, though malware might I suppose (and you have checked for this).

Can you otherwise make changes to your BIOS settings that "stick"? If yes, then return/repair is all I can think of. If NONE of your BIOS changes survived reboot though, then I might consider whether that laptop left the factory with its "reset CMOS" jumper in the "reset" position. Dunno if laptops have these, but most desktop mobos do of course.

Oops you said "started a month ago" so my "left the factory jumpered wrong" would not apply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/182613-bios-clock-time-changes-after-every-restart-even-after-replacing-bios.html
Relevancy 30.96%

I have the Dell Inspiron desktop with bit Vista and attempted to update the Dell NOT Vista DO Bit Inspiron BIOS 64 v1.0.7 518 UPGRADE BIOS BIOS to version last evening nbsp I closed all open programs disabled anti-virus and ran the BIOS update as administrator nbsp The update began and asked if I would like to update from version to and I clicked on the update button nbsp The BIOS flash began by deleting the previous BIOS and then attempted to install the new BIOS but produced nbsp an error message similar to quot error writing BIOS to block quot an the only option was to cancel the update nbsp I knew I did not have any BIOS installed at that point but my computer was still operating so I made an additional attempt to re-download the BIOS and re-install it nbsp No good it would not Dell Inspiron 518 BIOS v1.0.7 64 Bit Vista DO NOT UPGRADE BIOS even run now nbsp There was no turning back and no way to reinstall either the previous BIOS or the new one nbsp Eventually I tried to restart the computer and it would not start nbsp Dell is sending a tech next week to replace the motherboard on this otherwise great computer that is only about two months old DO NOT Dell Inspiron 518 BIOS v1.0.7 64 Bit Vista DO NOT UPGRADE BIOS upgrade the BIOS on a Inspiron with Bit Vista to version nbsp The upgrade does not work and will kill your motherboard Art

A:Dell Inspiron 518 BIOS v1.0.7 64 Bit Vista DO NOT UPGRADE BIOS

No it happened to me too.  Dell is replacing the motherboard under warranty but I was told somewhat firmly not to update the BIOS unless advised by a technican.  In my defense the BIOS update was listed as "recommended" under the download section for this unit on the Dell support website.
I would recommend to avoid two phone calls (over 40 minutes each) to tech support and several days waiting for a new motherboard, not to update the BIOS at this time.
Thankfully it is being covered under warranty.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19264970
Relevancy 30.96%

I have a five-month old HP Compaq Presario Laptop, which has been working fairly decently (I've had a few virus scares, and my Norton quarrentined something a twenty days ago). On HP's advice, I just updated the BIOS on my laptop. It's currently stuck at Verifying New Bios Image, and it's at 100% - It's been stuck that way for a half-hour plus. Any advice? What should I do?

A:HP BIOS Update Stuck at "Verifying New Bios Image 100%"

You have no choice but to force a reboot and keep your fingers crossed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/374403/hp-bios-update-stuck-at-verifying-new-bios-image-100/
Relevancy 30.96%

I updated the bios after I had notified from Toshiba about the Bios v3.50. The process was done by the Toshiba Utility software, and after the reboot there is "Password =" on a blank screen and it not recognise my BIOS password, writing "Not certified".

I have also tried the HDD password but no luck.

What can I do now?

A:Satellite Z30-A-12R BIOS password not recognised after BIOS upgrade

Hi

Before trying to update the BIOS, all passwords should be removed!
BIOS password can be removed by authorized service provider available in your country.

But the unknown HDD password cannot be removed anymore.
In such case the HDD isn?t accessible and cannot be used.

Sorry mate but in my opinion you have only one chance to get the BIOS password removed; you need the ASP assistance.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?77914-Satellite-Z30-A-12R-BIOS-password-not-recognised-after-BIOS-upgrade
Relevancy 30.96%

I recently took a BIOS update and I later on found out that it has messed up my Notebook. File transfer speed has been riduculously slow, games and movies stutter occasionaly. Everything has changed and it does not look good. Product Info: Model: Pavilion AB522TXOS: Windows 10 64-bit ( updated to the very last) RAM: 8 GBProcessor: i5-6200U

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Downgrade a BIOS update or Optimising BIOS settings

Hey @Rahul_mk,  I would like to welcome you to the HP Support Community. If my reply resolves your issue or answer your question(s),  please let others know this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button. I understand that you did a BIOS upgrade but it did not take well to your HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab522tx. You mentioned that your Notebook is now slow and games and movies are stuttering.  Many HP Notebooks have an HP BIOS Restore tool that may recover the BIOS from an earlier version and restore basic functionality. Please follow the documentation to do a BIOS reset.  Have you tried to perform a hard reset?Which BIOS version did  you upgrade to? You said that Windows 10 is up to date.Have you tried using the HP Support Assistant for updates also?  You can try following the below steps to reload the factory installed BIOS Setup Settings:In the BIOS Setup utility, select the Exit tab.Select Load Setup Defaults.Select Save Changes and Exit (pressing F5 and the Enter key will also load the Setup Defaults).Press Esc and then Enter to exit Setup.If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with any information you think may help me find a resolution for you. Please also let me know if the BIOS reset works. If you would like to show you appreciation for my efforts today, please take a second to click the Thumbs Up button below. I am glad that you joined in!  Have a great day! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Downgrade-a-BIOS-update-or-Optimising-BIOS-settings/td-p/5692324
Relevancy 30.96%

hi there, i am fixing a friends old computer and the hdd was stuffed so i got a new maxtor diamondmax 9 for it. although once installing it i found out that it would only run in udma2 mode (checked it in another computer and it ran at full udma6)
so i suspect that the current bios cannot support udma5 or 6, so i am looking for a bios upgrade for it.
the bios string is 6A69RPRDC-00, the number on the actual motherboard is 35-C960-00-05
thanks for any help, i am really hoping i can make this board work at udma5 at least and not have to settle for udma2.
thanks again
-Moltenz

ps. i just found this
AM-960
04/19/2001-i815-ITE87X2-6A69RPRDC-00 ITE87X2 + Winbond-W39A
at http://www.plasma-online.de/english/identify/serial/mainboard/mb_aristo.html
if that is any help.

A:help with updating bios. cannot find bios upgrade - 6A69RPRDC-00

WOW..............

Old Machines.....(just like me... but can still perform to the max lol)

I your Bios has the option of udma up to 6 then generally the bios supports the Mode! and your problem is that the HDD does not support the mode (cant remember if you said it does).

You are probably using wrong criteria for bios upgrade search.
Try WWW.driverguide,com

You Need the MB's Manufacturers Name or at least the MB Chipset and bios Manufacturers Name as well. go to the Computers muanufacturers website (you probably done that already) and search model.

otherwise Download a System info utility from Tech Spot, I use SiSoft Sandra or AIDA32.. (sandra might cause bluescreen on older machines).. Aida problably will have link direct to bios update site. hope this was of some help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-updating-bios-cannot-find-bios-upgrade-6a69rprdc-00.42513/
Relevancy 30.96%

Made the huge mistake of updating BIOS Had small MOBO usb prob and for some reason thought a BIOS update would do something Wasn t too worried because Gigabyte touts Dual BIOS pretty strong Anyway tried updating BIOS then system would not boot so the Backup BIOS didn t kick in btw the MOBO is a Gigabyte GA-K N Pro So I copied the backup bios to a floppy and used the floppy to fix the problem - xp now freezes tried bios to - BIOS boots but update main bios OK now computer would boot but would freeze up after the desktop icons appear Actually would sometimes work for a few minutes but always froze up Boots OK to safe mode even to the point of getting online so I downloaded the old bios from Gigabyte put them on floppy and used that to update the main bios Same result Also did a system restore from XP Pro Safe Mode because XP wrongly states that this can be undone didn t find out that System Restore done from safe mode cannot be undone until I tried to undo My tech support ABS Computer they rule thinks that the BIOS is now fine that some windows files are corrupt and a re-install will fix problem and mobo is probably fine as well I ll buy that anyone have any miracle suggestions before i re-install Is a repair install worth BIOS problem - tried to update bios - now xp boots but freezes a shot Really not looking forward to re-installing all my software and putting all my data back where it belongs to get my email hist bookmarks etc back thanks - I will now write the following times LEAVE THE BIOS ALONE even with Dual BIOS nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-problem-tried-to-update-bios-now-xp-boots-but-freezes.541656/
Relevancy 30.96%

My harddrive recently failed and it cannot be recovered. However, now that the harddrive has failed, I can't put any harddrive or ssd in there even if they have working OS' installed. I even tried various OS' with bootable USB's. Freedos is the only OS that seems to run via USB.  I went through the hp support video: "How to update BIOS when windows does not run" but don't have the "Firmware Patching" option is not available as my update utility version is 3.3.7 rather than the 5.something version featured in the video. The exe provided(SP52604.exe) is... well and EXE! I need an iso or bin or something for freedos 1.0 to run it. I have tried using Freedos 1.1 which should run exe's however, I cannot find a bootable image of freedos 1.1 to put on usb.  What else can I do to flash the bios? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Hp-G72-Bios-Corrupt-Failure-Flashing-Bios-with-SP52604-exe/td-p/5806844
Relevancy 30.53%

Hey guys first post here I have Bios or a through without the Bios Flashing Windows, previous a computer here that has a quot Flashing a Bios without Windows, or through the previous Bios BIOS Rom Checksum Error quot upon boot up The computer doesn t post and I can t get in the bios It does nothing but give me a black screen with that error and then the following line occasionally says Detecting IDE Atapi Device I have read around and think I need a new bios since the old one got cleared or corrupted in a CMOS Clr My question is how do I flash a new bios without windows or through the old bios I have tried using drdflash to make a boot disk with AWDFlash and my new bios version on it I have an external floppy plugged in through USB that didn t seem to do anything I also tried an old floppy I had lying around that I plugged into the IDE that didn t seem to do anything Did I do the boot disk wrong Is that not my problem Am I going about it completely wrong It s an Asus Striker motherboard Q Chip running Windows if any of that helps Thanks guys I look forward to your replies nbsp

A:Flashing a Bios without Windows, or through the previous Bios

read:http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic75555.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/flashing-a-bios-without-windows-or-through-the-previous-bios.107274/
Relevancy 30.53%

I was running running an installation that edited the bios, while it was in progress I had a power cut and now when I switch the computer on, the monitor just says no signal. I am running Windows 7, is there anyway I can fix this? Really can't afford to replace the motherboard but might have to :/ thanks in advance.

A:Power Cut While Editing Bios Now Won't Boot Bios

running an installation that edited the bios

Can you explain what was editing the bios?

Which motherboard is this? There may be a jumper that will reset the BIOS back to defaults.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/power-cut-while-editing-bios-now-wont-boot-bios-621768.html
Relevancy 30.53%

i have a computer i got from my aunt, when the computer starts up, at the top of the screen it says award modular BIOS v4.51PG

at the bottom it says: 08/21/1998-ALADDIN5-2A5KKB0DC-00

i want to know if there is an update for the bios, because i want to use a Maxtor 80GB hard drive.

Relevancy 30.53%

Hello nbsp i have a really annoying problem Everytime i start my laptop it wont boot up The capslock button is blinking twice so i guess the bios is damaged nbsp First i checked if there is a update for my bios on you driver software download page but there isnt So afterward i tried bios enter Recovery, Bios cant menu to recover and reinstall my bios but i cant even enter the bios update menu In the bios recovery manual http support hp com us-en document c it says With the computer off press Bios Recovery, cant enter bios menu and hold the Windows logo key and the B key at the same time Still pressing those keys press and hold down the Power button on the computer for to seconds and then release the Power button but continue to hold the Windows and B keys until the BIOS update screen is displayed or until you hear a beeping sound usually beeps But this isnt working It only blinks twice continiously but wont boot nbsp Can anyone help me I cant find further information regarding this issue nbsp I start to get really really annoyed by the problem because sometimes it takes up to - times to get the laptop running nbsp Best Regards nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Bios-Recovery-cant-enter-bios-menu/td-p/5607764
Relevancy 30.53%

lenovo 7360  link bios http://support.lenovo.com/hu/hu/products/Desktops-and-all-in-ones/ThinkCentre-M-Series-desktops/Thin...

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/how-can-DOS-Flash-BIOS-utility-my-uefi-bios-for-USB-install/td-p/3425944
Relevancy 30.53%

I have a VN7-572G. The presented BIOS settings are sort of lackluster for a gaming laptop and I know what I'm doing enough to tinker with more advanced settings. I've examined the BIOS for this laptop and there are a ton of locked-away settings. Unfortunately, there is some sort of BIOS security implemented that prevents me from just flashing a modified BIOS onto this laptop. Is there perhaps some sort of way to officially access more advanced settings or any way of requesting one from Acer?

A:Advanced BIOS Settings and/or Unlocked BIOS? (VN7-...

Hi, Short answer, NO. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Advanced-BIOS-Settings-and-or-Unlocked-BIOS-VN7-572G/td-p/448010
Relevancy 30.53%

How to remove BIOS password on Toshiba Satellite Pro M30

Message was edited by: Admin

A:How to remove BIOS password bios on Satellite Pro M30

I'm afraid to tell you, but for this, you have to contact local ASP.
Because it is not that easy or possible the way you would do this on deskopt PCs.

This is why you have to take your machine to ASP. The guys there can remove the password.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?34490-How-to-remove-BIOS-password-bios-on-Satellite-Pro-M30
Relevancy 30.53%

Does any1 have the download for this bios? cauz i dont have it and i need it to fix the pc

BIOS Type: Award Modular BIOS v6.0
BIOS ID: 10/28/2002-I845PE/ICH4/IT8708-P4PE
BIOS Date: 20021028
BIOS Vendor: Award Software, Inc.
BIOS Version: ASUS P4PE ACPI BIOS Revision 1002
BIOS Size: 524288
Chipset: Intel 2560 rev 2
OEM Sign-on: ASUS P4PE ACPI BIOS Revision 1002
Motherboard Model: System Name
System Name: Chassis Manufacture
System Model: Chassis Version
Base Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer INC.
Base Product: P4PE

A:Award Modular Bios V6.0 Bios Download

Custom built PC? Post the full model number and revision (rev) of the Motherboard, it will be printed on the motherboard.

If it is a Store bought PC, what make and model is it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/award-modular-bios-v6-0-bios-download.903519/
Relevancy 30.53%

I am trying to change the boot device so I can install a clean version of Windows 10, but the bios resolution is off. On my screen I am only able to see the top half or so of the bios. My motherboard is an Asus P8Z68-V LE. Does anyone have any ideas?

A:Bios resolution messed up; can't navigate bios

If you have a PCI video card try removing it and using the onboard.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586861/bios-resolution-messed-up;-cant-navigate-bios/
Relevancy 30.53%

I have a Lenonvo H50-55 desktop with an AMD A10-7800 APU (3.5GHz), 12GB RAM, 2 HDD's, and an Nvidia GTX 750 video card, running Windows10 Home x64. My current BIOS  version is IRKT54AUS, and the latest available version on Lenovo's update page for my machine is IRKT57AUS. When I try to flash my BIOS from the downloaded update file, I get the error message in the subject. I am starting everything with Admin privileges, but that makes no difference. If it's a Lenovo machine with stock BIOS, why am I getting an "unknown vendor" message? Inquiring minds want to know  TIA!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/quot-Unknown-BIOS-vendor-quot-when-trying-to-update-BIOS/td-p/3364947
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi, I saw the new BIOS version 1.25 dated ?14?.?09?.?2016 appearing on Lenovos support site. I did not check the version I was having on my system before downloading the "new BIOS", so I started the installer and the tool told me I already have this BIOS version. msinfo32.exe tells me I am having BIOS 1.25 dated 13.07.2016. So apparently the BIOS was released already some time ago and I already flashed it to 1.25. So whats the point of re-releasing the 1.25? If there are any changes of todays version compared to the 1.25 released some time ago, is it worth flashing? If yes, how can I do this if the tool tells me I am already having the latest version and it does not let me override my BIOS? Thanks and best regards,Martin

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T450s-recent-BIOS-update-1-25-is-an-old-BIOS-version-released/td-p/3431576
Relevancy 30.53%

Hello As is often the case I left my computer on overnight a couple of nights ago When I woke up there was no response Nothing was coming to the monitor and although the system and cpu fans were still on the HDDs were not receving power Now I ve taken the case of and dug around I can report the following symptoms The obvious one is that the PCs crappy speaker is making a constant medium pitch buzzing noise when the system is powered on This is NOT a beep MOBO? Bios Bios Not or reaching Ami screen even from the ami bios suggesting an error code and even if it was a wierd low beep ami bios a continuous beep isn t part of the ami bios error selection http www bioscentral com beepcodes amibeep htm Indeed I had to hunt around a bit before I realised that the sound was even coming from the speaker at all System fan and cpu fan still come on Nothing to monitor and HDDs don t fire up Likewise no power to optical drives e g pressing open close does nothing I ve tried reseating everything I ve also tried taking away all extraneous hardware soundcard and tv card I ve dedusted and am confident it s not a heat problem I never get heat problems thanks to my trusty zalman The system is self built Ami Bios or MOBO? Not even reaching Bios screen and years old MOBO battery is about a year old but in any case - this is interesting - taking the battery out and turning on the pc still gets the medium buzzing sound which I gather also means I ve cleared the bios Indeed I removed the CPU itself and the system fires up for a second and then closes down again But even then the buzzing comes on indicating that it s very early on in the process The power supply is about years old and is an antec w I just can t work out what s going on and I m not really even sure what the buzzing has to to with it although the fact that it coincides in time with the problem in general means that it surely is related nbsp

A:Ami Bios or MOBO? Not even reaching Bios screen

Consider the PSU may have failed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ami-bios-or-mobo-not-even-reaching-bios-screen.711089/
Relevancy 30.53%

Im starting this thread so that for all who have unlocked their bios for wirelesscard whitelist removal or what ever, using the link on techInferno using svl7 mod can have a guide as to what settings can be used to improve the performance of their y510p and what settings to stay away from.  For those who have difficulties in retrieving the files from techInfernos website can pm me. Any and all suggestions and requests are welcome. Happy modding.

A:Y510p Bios mod, Best unlocked bios settings.

I would do this, but after paying 1000 for this laptop, that risk of bricking the bios..

Lenovo y510p - Intel Quad-core 4th gen i7-4700MQ @3.40Ghz - 16GB RAM - 1TB HDD 8GB SSD - 1080p FHD - Nvidia 755m SLI

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y510p-Bios-mod-Best-unlocked-bios-settings/td-p/1689193
Relevancy 30.53%

I couldn t find a BIOS category so I figured HDD: BIOS BIOS doesn't Virus? detect this forum BIOS doesn't detect HDD: BIOS Virus? was the closest fit with my problem In a nutshell my Dell Dimension BIOS is BIOS doesn't detect HDD: BIOS Virus? claiming my drive that has been working without incident for a year is suddenly quot not installed quot I ve been using a Dell Dimension P GHz for a couple of years without problems One of my other computers randomly decided to stop working another story altogether so I used the Dell to BIOS doesn't detect HDD: BIOS Virus? do analysis on the drive Since it was a SeaGate hard drive I used SeaGate s online scanner to scan it for errors because I suspected it was faulty I also did some virus scans I restarted a little while later and the Dell computer would get stuck on the Dell post screen It wouldn t even go into BIOS after I hit DEL it would freeze So I flashed the BIOS A from Dell s website after reading some threads stating that maybe I had screwed up the BIOS I was really confused as to why things were messed up I still had the same issue where it would get permanently stuck after the memory testing on the post screen and wouldn t let me access the BIOS I did some more reading and read that hardware components could be messing up the computer load process It turns out my CD-Rom drive was faulty or something so when I removed it BIOS was accessible However now I faced a new problem BIOS doesn t recognize the original drive that was in the Dell which is connected to a PCI slot via a Promise Ultra TX ATA controller card So Windows won t load because my computer doesn t think there s a drive installed The Dell tries to load PXE and other networking stuff but of course fails Oddly the screen following the ATA card detection process after post and BIOS loading the computer lists all the IDE devices and properly identifies HDD- as a Maxtor mb drive which it is The Dell BIOS is pretty limited in customization In the past it has always successfully detected installed hardware Under IDE Configuration my other CD-ROM is listed the one that isn t faulty but under HDD- it says quot not installed quot I chose auto-detect I tried the drive in question on another computer on the IDE motherboard slot not through a controller card and it is recognized just fine I can t use this drive directly on the Dell s motherboard IDE slot because it s an old computer and I will get data corruption since the drive is larger than GB I figured that issue out long ago I updated the BIOS with the ATA controller card BIOS upgrade file from Promise s website The jumper settings are set to Master I ve swapped IDE cables PCI slots and power cables Ooops while I was tying this I restarted the computer after switching PCI slots for the ATA controller card and now when I restart I get a black screen that says quot Invalid Boot Diskette Insert BOOT diskette in A quot There is no disk in the floppy drive Could I have a BIOS virus Does something like that exist Could that be why the drive on the other computer failed and then the CD-Rom drive on the Dell and now this error Thanks for any help and I apologize if this is rather long-winded nbsp

A:BIOS doesn't detect HDD: BIOS Virus?

Promise Ultra TX2 ATA controller card sounds faulty to me.
Try moving it to another PCI slot
Try CS instead of Master (even though it has worked on Master before)
Try resetting the bios jumper
Try dispersing all voltage to the M/b by holding the power button in for 30 secs whilst the power cable is out
Lastly test with another ATA controller card

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-doesnt-detect-hdd-bios-virus.101780/
Relevancy 30.53%

My screen is frozen on 'Information' when in BIOS. The arrow keys are not responding when in BIOS due to this freeze. Function key and F1 F2 etc not responding. I need to access something in BIOSwas attempting to look at something with BIOS. I switched it off and on, same issue persisting. It was my first attempt at accessing the BIOS. Windows 8.1 is working normally though, just the BIOS frozen. I had to switch off the laptop and power up again to access windows.  Thank you in advance. B50 lenovoBIOS version 9dcn79ww(v2.00)

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/BIOS-screen-is-frozen-stuck-in-BIOS/td-p/3325279
Relevancy 30.53%

Hello,

Please, help download bios from Toshiba bios archive for my Satellite C70-C (ModelNo: PSCSAE):

I will be grateful for any help you can provide.

1.0-USB
http://support.toshiba-tro.de/tedd-f...0513110619.zip
1.0-WIN
http://support.toshiba-tro.de/tedd-f...0513105921.zip
1.0-ISO
http://support.toshiba-tro.de/tedd-f...0513110317.zip
5.0-ISO
http://support.toshiba-tro.de/tedd-f...0723120225.zip
5.0-USB
http://support.toshiba-tro.de/tedd-f...0723120427.zip

And for Satellite C70-C (ModelNo: PSCSNE)
1.20-USB
http://support.toshiba-tro.de/tedd-f...1106113944.zip
1.20-ISO
http://support.toshiba-tro.de/tedd-f...1106113735.zip
1.30-USB
http://support.toshiba-tro.de/tedd-f...0105093703.zip
1.30-ISO
http://support.toshiba-tro.de/tedd-f...0105093511.zip
1.40-USB
http://support.toshiba-tro.de/tedd-f...0208153606.zip
1.40-ISO
http://support.toshiba-tro.de/tedd-f...0208153401.zip

I will be grateful for any help you can provide.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?93281-Help-download-bios-from-toshiba-bios-archive
Relevancy 30.53%

My screen is frozen on 'Information' when in BIOS. The arrow keys are not responding when in BIOS due to this freeze. Function key and F1 F2 etc not responding. I need to access something in BIOSwas attempting to look at something with BIOS. I switched it off and on, same issue persisting. It was my first attempt at accessing the BIOS.

Windows 8.1 is working normally though, just the BIOS frozen. I had to switch off the laptop and power up again to access windows.  Thank you in advance.

B50 lenovo
BIOS version 9dcn79ww(v2.00)

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/B50-BIOS-screen-is-frozen-stuck-in-BIOS/td-p/3325279
Relevancy 30.53%

OK soo i have my Phenom 9600BE on a XFX 750a with 4 gigs OCZ sli 800mhz
when i clear bios it boots right up, if i save bios the exact same as cleared it doesnt run doesnt even make it to bios and sticks with SP on the mobo error thing
also i cracked off a corner peice of the cpu slot removing my old CPU..still runs and detects fine.. doesnt over heat.. when ever i reset bios and use the HDD selection boot thing it gets to windows detected all 4 cores and now im just confused im using bios 1.4 since 1.5 disables sli and just adds support for Phenom II cpus..Any ideas anyone?

A:Clear Bios Works Set Bios dont

and about that cracked plastic ( i dont know how lol) but it just came right off with the CPU im guessing overheat cool overheat weakened it maybe?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/clear-bios-works-set-bios-dont.134296/
Relevancy 30.53%

On my laptop installed older version of Bios driver is this effect on battery backup of my laptop

A:i want information about BIOS DRIVE is old version of BIOS ...

bhaveshkumar143 Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about an apparent battery problem and wanted to help -- but need more information. Without the specific model number of your laptop, we can provide no detailed help: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0001 The number you entered, ay 006tx, yields no results on the HP site.We can proceed once you provide the information.Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/i-want-information-about-BIOS-DRIVE-is-old-version-of-BIOS/td-p/5824930
Relevancy 29.24%

once the update started it rained go maybe 15 seconds and just shut my computer off entertainment a bloatware screen say that the software ran in to an error and it would restart itself. I let the computer along for over an hour and finally restarted the system muse us in the power button.  once I went to restart the system I only got a blackberry screen my computer is out of warranty and your dell bios update killed my motherboard I called dell they told me in not so many words my motherboard was Fried and they would not replace it.  If I gave some on software I wrote and they installed it and it had no warning it would fry the I computer thatbwould be data to someone's personal property... DELL is this how you value your customers?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19988802
Relevancy 29.24%

once the update started it rained go maybe 15 seconds and just shut my computer off entertainment a bloatware screen say that the software ran in to an error and it would restart itself. I let the computer along for over an hour and finally restarted the system muse us in the power button.  once I went to restart the system I only got a blackberry screen my computer is out of warranty and your dell bios update killed my motherboard I called dell they told me in not so many words my motherboard was Fried and they would not replace it.  If I gave some on software I wrote and they installed it and it had no warning it would fry the I computer thatbwould be data to someone's personal property... DELL is this how you value your customers?

A:got the windows 10 free upgrade and used the dell diagnostics tool to upgrade driver and bios everything worked fine until the update of the bios!!!!

I called dell they told me in not so many words my motherboard was Fried and they would not replace it.

Dell just saying it's a "possibility" the motherboard might need to be replace. No one can tell you that motherboard is definite "Fried" without first looking at the system.
What is the system model number and version of windows before upgrading to windows 10? Example: Dell Inspiron 3543, windows 10
You're able to boot into BIOS(F2 key) and diagnostic (F12 key) ?
1. Power off computer
2. Power on computer, quickly start tapping F2 key ( BIOS) or F12 key( BIOS) continuously

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988802
Relevancy 29.24%

Model: HP EliteBook 2560pOriginal OS: Windows 7Current OS: Windows 7 64 bit Problem:I tried to update the BIOS using this file:http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5071202&swItemId=ob_167641_1&swEnvOid=405...Released:3 Jun 2016Version F.62 Rev.A After performing BIOS update with sp76188.exe (7.7 MB) the system won't boot. No power problems occurred during the procedure. I have tried creating recovery USB Key, power up pressing Win+b, but the only effect is Caps Lock blinking and CPU fan working. Solutions for Phoenix BIOS won't work, because it isn't Phoenix BIOS, am I right? Do you have any ideas how to fix this? Best regards,macio232 

A:BIOS corruption after BIOS update

Hello, please use the link below to download the link for latest drivers  http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=5071202&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4060 Please be advised there may be chances you will loose complete data while bios recovery  please download the bios file on empty USB Stick and create USB recovery by running that file from the USB drive then follow the instructions as below: with the USB recovery media inserted on the unit  Turn off the computer.Plug the notebook into a power source using the power adapter.Press and hold the Windows key and the B key at the same time while the computer is off.Still pressing the Windows and B keys, press and hold down the Powerbutton on the notebook for 1 second, and then release the Powerbutton and the keys.  

I'm an HP Employee.The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.Click on Thumbs up if my post helped you.Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking an answer ?Accept as Solution? if it solves your problem.Regards,Vijay

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/BIOS-corruption-after-BIOS-update/td-p/5781678
Relevancy 29.24%

Now I don't want to shut down or restart my computer because I fear it won't boot up. This is awful. Is there anything I can do to restore my BIOS whilst my computer still works?

A:Just used @BIOS to update my BIOS, it failed at 50%

Argh is there ANYTHING I can do? I'm going to have to leave my computer on permanently otherwise.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/202867-just-used-bios-update-my-bios-failed-50-a.html
Relevancy 29.24%

i updated my bios and the fan is now very loud on it for some reason im not sure why here s my belarc advisor list if anyone can help me get the fan back to normal that would be very helpful Windows XP Professional Service fan updating after very BIOS loud bios HELP!!!!!! Pack build Packard Bell NEC SPIRIT Enclosure Type Desktop Processor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz Intel Pentium kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache Board Packard Bell NEC Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Phoenix Technologies LTD PG Drives Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space COMBO IDE CO CD-ROM drive SCSIVAX DVD CD-ROM SCSI CdRom Device Apple iPod USB Device Hard drive -- drive ST A Hard drive GB -- drive rev SMART Status Healthy Megabytes Installed Memory Slot A has MB Slot A is Empty Local Drive Volumes c NTFS on drive GB GB free Network Drives None detected Users mouse over user name for details Printers BIOS HELP!!!!!! fan very loud after updating bios local user accounts last logon ashley PM admin local system accounts Administrator never admin Guest never HelpAssistant never SUPPORT a never Marks a disabled account Marks a locked account None detected Controllers Display Primary IDE Channel Controller Secondary IDE Channel Controller SiS PCI IDE Controller None detected Bus Adapters Multimedia VAX S SCSI Controller SiS PCI to USB Open Host Controller x SiS PCI to USB Enhanced Host Controller None detected Communications Other Devices Agere Systems PCI Soft Modem nbsp

Relevancy 29.24%

I have a PC with an HP motherboard P5LP-LE, HP bios and on-board Intel video. I can't do anything with this bios as it is locked to an HP set-up. I would like to wipe out the HP and flash it with a bios that I could work with - adding a new CPU and load up XP or vista.
I'm not sure what's involved in doing this, so would appreciate any help I can get. Is this doable and what bios would I use to do so?

Relevancy 29.24%

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a site with an archive of old BIOS' ?

I need an earlier BIOS for a Gigabyte GA-7ZX-H.

I've flashed it to the latest and i'm getting FPN_LIST_CORRUPT and BAD_POOL_HEADER all over the place yet the PC has been solid as a rock for years (prior to flashing).

Gigabytes site dont have the old one i'm looking for (F1) only F4.

Cheers

A:BIOS Archive website?... need an old GA-7ZX-H BIOS

Try here: http://www.wimsbios.com/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-archive-website-need-an-old-ga-7zx-h-bios.28005/
Relevancy 29.24%

After upgrading to W10 I also uppgraded the bios.  Booting is successfull but the "ESC"-option to enter Bios does not appear.  Tapping ESC or F10 has no effect. The booting proceeds and W starts. If however I press either one of them continously after power on the unit starts beeping and has to be shut off. I have emptied the CMOS by removing the RTC battery and pressing the power button for 30 secs.  With and without the main battery inserted. No change. Any suggestions anyone?  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/No-Bios-access-after-w10-and-bios-upgrades/td-p/5706783
Relevancy 29.24%

Aspire TC-605 BIOS, present BIOS is P11-A2. To which BIOS should I update to?  Several BIOS are listed but I don't know which one to upgrade to.

Relevancy 29.24%

I built a computer about years ago and I ve gotten great use out of it up until now Not too long BIOS problem/BIOS reprogramming ago I started having this problem where the computer would randomly turn off and would start making a siren sound from the inside presumably the motherboard and would BIOS problem/BIOS reprogramming not stop until I cut BIOS problem/BIOS reprogramming the power from the box I got fed up with this always happening so I flashed my bios--in the past this has worked well with any problems that I have had Unfortunately after the bios flash the computer won t work Everything powers on all the fans work but no video signal goes to the monitor it doesn t post no beep nothing I m fairly sure that its the BIOS but since nothing works I have no way of updating or reverting the bios I ve removed all the peripherals but the ram and cpu I ve cleared the cmos removed the battery still nothing I ve tried everything I know I was wondering if any of you guys could suggest something to do Any way that I can repogram the bios chip Specs AMD Athlon Abit NF Motherboard GB PC Geil RAM GeForce FX plus thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 29.24%

How do i access the basic Bios on ABIT like ASUS for example; ABIT does not have basic BIOS that concerns AGP, ABIT only lets me change advance bios and DRAM. Is it possible to change basic bios such as AGP Aperture size, AGP MASTER 1W/S READ/WRITE, AGP 8x/4x mode etc........
or can it not be done ?????

A:BIOS on ABIT: Where is the BASIC BIOS ????

I have no problems with that on my Abit KT7A. You might want to go to Abit's website and download the manual for your motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-on-abit-where-is-the-basic-bios.412656/
Relevancy 29.24%

I have an Acer Aspire z laptop And I was just wondering if I can change my bios ID if this even exists or to change my bios string But I am not so sure on how to do this Because I have an Insyde bios unfortunetly And my bios is very limited in bios change on to string how to I id bios would like know or my settings which has no quot Power quot tab and no quot Advanced quot tab And I am very upset about this But I really want these Power and Advanced tabs to show up in my Insyde bios So please help I would like to know on how to change my bios string or bios id me out here I am asking you Because I was thinking of like I would like to know on how to change my bios string or bios id downloading another Insyde bios from like an Acer Aspire z model laptop or an HP laptop Insyde bios but I do not know I would like to know on how to change my bios string or bios id if that is possible So any kind of help will be greatly appreciated That is all I want from you So please get back to me as soon as you can on this I would really like my Insyde bios to have a Power and Advanced tab a lot And also just let me know if I can change my bios ID and or my bios string so I can upgrade to a different bios for Insyde I have a Insyde bios chip so any bios should work But it has to match with my Pentium dual-core processor I am assuming Which is what I have So please get back to me soon with answers Thank you very much

A:I would like to know on how to change my bios string or bios id

Please do not create multiple threads for the same issue.
Stick to your other thread:
http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/i-would-like-to-know-on-how-to-change-my-bios-string-689857.html

Thread closed

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/i-would-like-to-know-on-how-to-change-my-bios-string-or-bios-id-690685.html
Relevancy 29.24%

How do I reset the BIOS or update the BIOS and how can I make the USB drive boot in boot menu? I have been contacting Microsoft multiple times and they need this info to fix my problem.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/How-do-I-reset-the-BIOS-or-update-the-BIOS-and-how-can-I/td-p/5813424
Relevancy 29.24%

Hello there 2.1 none? 1.0, RAM-errors, BIOS -> (BSODs) BIOS I ve been (BSODs) BIOS 1.0, RAM-errors, BIOS 2.1 -> none? having unpredictable BSOD s ever since I built this computer They aren t very frequent but since I ve had two over days I want to track this problem down System specifications CPU Intel Core Quad Motherboard Gigabyte EP C-DS R RAM Corsair Dominator PC x Harddrive Seagate Barracuda gb GFX XFX GT PSU Corsair W The initial problem started just after I ran the computer I had a BSOD so I can Memtest to check for errors I got heaps of them so (BSODs) BIOS 1.0, RAM-errors, BIOS 2.1 -> none? I updated the BIOS and to my great surprise all the errors seeemed to have disappeared Afterwards I ran my computer and had few BSOD s a month Just yesterday I realized my RAM were running V so I bumped them to V as recommended but I got another BSOD today which was only shown for second and the computer restarted compared to my usual ones being constant Code BugCheck F bab d Probably caused by Unknown Image ANALYSIS INCONCLUSIVE Old ones being Code BugCheck E c bfc f b bec b e Probably caused by nv disp dll nv disp c Code BugCheck E c e d a fca Probably caused by ntkrpamp exe nt NtQueryPerformanceCounter Code BugCheck E c b fb e Probably caused by nv disp dll nv disp c ab Now some of them point at the Nvidia driver After the first Nvidia BSOD I cleaned my drivers completely even Driver Cleaner Pro and updated to the newest drivers so I don t think it s a faulty driver problem It s very easy to conclude that it can be the GFX RAM motherboard CPU or PSU but seeing I can t afford to replace all this I need to find the exact culprit Thanks in advance - help is much appreciated nbsp

A:(BSODs) BIOS 1.0, RAM-errors, BIOS 2.1 -> none?

Update: Just today I noticed a faint "clicking" sound I believe is coming from the harddrive. It's probably just the usual sound of the harddrive, but it must've become louder since I can hear it.
Might a faulty harddrive be a part of it?

EDIT: For some reason this was only noticeable during the first 20-30 minutes of system uptime.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsods-bios-1-0-ram-errors-bios-2-1-none.114989/