Windows Support Forum

Mouse stops working at random

Q: Mouse stops working at random

Not stops working random at Mouse sure if this is the right place for this but if not please point me in the right direction While using my work computer the mouse will randomly freeze on the screen as if the driver was uninstalled I reboot and everything is fine and works again I ve tried multiple mice that work fine on my personal laptop I tried to uninstall the through the device manager and reinstalling and still continues to freeze up I Mouse stops working at random feel like its a driver issue but I m not completely sure When it would freeze in the beginning I would just move it to a different usb that its never been plugged into and it d install the driver and the mouse would unfreeze However I ve now used every usb slot and that doesn t work anymore if I switch spots it stays frozen When I got the machine it would happen maybe once or twice a day Then it went to maybe once every couple days Now so far today I ve had to reboot times due to this issue this is really causing me issues because its slowing my development time down considering I have to reboot every minutes I asked someone in the office about this and they said they remember this happening with our former employee that used this machine and it was reformatted after that Which means its a hardware issue but this isn t confirmed I d like to make sure that s the issue before I have to have a new PC shipped Any help would be appreciated let me know if you need some sort of logs or whatever you may need Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Mouse stops working at random

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Mouse stops working at random

Download and run free Superantispyware and tell us what it finds

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-stops-working-at-random.166916/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hey my friend's laptop compaq Presario is being very buggy On the occasional successful boot either the keyboard or the mouse wont work generally working keyboard mouse stops Random or included HJT - one or the other One time the keyboard didn't work Random keyboard or mouse stops working - HJT included and we couldn't log in so we hibernated and unhibernated and bam the keyboard started working I ran the online activescan and it detected threats but only cleaned up the tracking cookies about ish of them Is there another scanner somebody would recommend that would find the rest of the threats and delete them Before running activescan I ran spybot S amp D and it only found about tracking cookies Please help HJT Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis Random keyboard or mouse stops working - HJT included v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C Random keyboard or mouse stops working - HJT included WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Sprint Sierra Wireless Sprint PCS Connection Manager SPCSUtilityService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files HPQ shared hpqwmi exe C Program Files Sprint Sierra Wireless Sprint PCS Connection Manager SPCSCM exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY ario amp pf laptop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY ario amp pf laptop O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run Cpqset C Program Files HPQ Default Settings cpqset exe O - HKLM Run eabconfg cpl C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe Start O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run hpWirelessAssistant C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Photo Downloader quot C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe quot O - Startup DING lnk C Program Files Southwest Airlines Ding Ding exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Global Startup Post-it Software Notes Lite lnk C Program Files M PSNLite PsnLite exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - r... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/random-keyboard-or-mouse-stops-working-hjt-included-265143.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello!
I'm using my laptop in a desktop mode. but some days when i start up the computer the mouse is on (Sees the red optical light.)
But the cursor dont move when i move the mouse. when i drag the cable out and in again the ligh wont turn on. i change usb port and it works. 1-3 days later the same thing happends and i change to the previous one.

And if i put anything else in the port that stops working it wont recognize. its like it temporarely dies.
Is this becouse of the ports is 3.0 and the mouse is 2.0?
Have 3 usb ports, 1: Keyboard 2-3, Mouse.
Mouse: Logitech Gaming mouse g400.

A:My mouse Usb port stops working. but starts working again after a day.

I sort of have nearly them same problem only on my work pc. It seems to me if you leave it in for about 5 minutes it starts to work again See if leaving it in works.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/285978-my-mouse-usb-port-stops-working-but-starts-working-again-after-day.html
Relevancy 66.65%

hello all,

I have a weird problem these days. I am using an HP Pavilion laptop running win 7.

My mouse was working fine until I connected my ipod nano gen 2. When I did that it continued to glow red, but did not work. restarted - nothing. restarted disconecting everything except the mouse - again nothing.

Then I connected another mouse and it worked fine. Until I connected the ipod again. Disconnected the ipod, restarted - the same story repeated itself. When I connect it to a different USB port though it flickered red a few times and then it stoped completely.

Windows said "usb device not recognized".

When I connect it back to the usb port it was connected previously, even before the ipod was connected, it again glows red, but does not work. Windows is silent :) ...

Please advise if anyone knows how to fix this.

Thanks

A:mouse stops working

Ir sounds like Windows does not like the iPod.

What happens if you connect the iPod to another system?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/mouse-stops-working-478899.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I have a HP probook s Windows and a Genius Traveler mouse It stops working - it connected and disconnected for a few Mouse stops working minutes itself before but now it only can work if I press and hold down the USB I thought Mouse stops working that the USB port is damaged but headphones and USB flash drives work Mouse stops working I tried another mouse a cheap quot toy quot one and it worked for a short time but now when I connect it to the computer it says quot Device malfunctioned quot and it won t work It started working NOW but it will happen again of course Also the touchpad works sometimes sometimes not Happens itself I don t do anything So what do I do I had a good mouse before this one and it stopped working like that - I replaced it because I thought it was the mouse but now it s the same thing with this one too So what can I do about it I tried reinstalling the touchpad driver but it did not help so I suppose that it wouldn t help for the mouse either Do you think it could I don t know So nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

evry now and then(5 times today) the tap on the touch pad (ive got a laptop) stopps working. the scroll and normal mouse movment carrys on working fine. the left mouse button(under the pad) doesnt work very well either so when i have to navigate with that i have to press it quite a few times to get it to click. the tap starts working again when i go into mouse settings and turn tapping off then on again and then its fine again.
im runing vista home premium and want this annoying problem solved. any ideas? thanks in advance

Relevancy 66.65%

So, here's the deal. I have a laptop with 4 USB ports. 2 of them work reliably, the other two sometimes work, sometimes don't. I have just upgraded from Vista to Win 7 and I bought a new USB mouse. It's an Adesso iMouse T1. I love it, but, it only works intermittently. Sometimes when I turn the computer on, it recognizes that there is, indeed, a USB mouse installed, then, all the sudden, it stops working and the computer says the device is unplugged when I haven't changed a thing about it. The USB port is working just fine because other USB devices plugged in are recognized. Can someone shed some light on my problem? I'd appreciate it!

Relevancy 66.65%

After I detach the screen and put it back on, the touchpad stops working. The only way to make it work again is to restart my computer with the touch screen. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Mouse-stops-working/td-p/5816870
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello, I'm running Windows 7 on my laptop.
After a long-while my USB mouse just stops working, and Windows does not recognize it in the device manager.
When I try to re-install the driver it says that that the "Unknown Device" is the most up 2 date driver. Replugging the device doesn't work either.
After restarting Windows, it goes back normal and works fine.
I really don't understand where this problem comes from.

My USB mouse model is "Microsoft Arc Mouse (IntelliPoint")

Thanks for any help.

Relevancy 66.65%

Any suggestions would be gratefully received:

My mouse left click button became faulty the other day so replaced it with a spare Sony USB mouse that I have on another computer, it installed the drivers, then froze (the mouse not the PC) and wouldn't work. I then bought a new Logitech M115, plugged that it it installed the drivers and it will work for 15mins or so then it freezes and won't work. Both these two mice work on another PC and another laptop. The old broken mouse still works OK.

- I've scanned for viruses/malware/etc with AVG, Malwarebytes, Super Anti-Spyware and Spybot and nothing found.
- I unstalled the mouse drivers in the hardware device manager and reinstalled each working mouse.
- I've tried plugging them in to different USB ports
- I've checked my device drivers and OS are up to date

PC:
Vista64bit HP

Thanks
Katie

A:Mouse Stops Working

Please post the information asked for in this post: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions
I understand that you're not having BSOD's, but the reports will help us out.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/283847-mouse-stops-working.html
Relevancy 65.79%

My usb mouse after a couple of random minutes stops working but ther red light is still on, the only fix seems to be restarting the computer, here is a list of things that I ave tried when the problem happens:

-unplug and plug it again
-tried another usb port
-update drivers in the device manager
-uninstall the drivers in the device manager

The only fix really seems to be restarting but i don't want be restarting a game evry 5 or 10 minutes

A:US B mouse stops working red light is still on

Is that wireless mouse? wireless USB mouse requires new batteries from time to time..

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/284456-us-b-mouse-stops-working-red-light-still.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Does anyone know why my optical mouse stops working? It stops very often and I have to reboot the machine to get it to work again. I am using XP Home

Relevancy 65.79%

Hi I own a month old hp laptop with vista and stops working... mouse Wireless I used a targus wireless mouse AMW and everything worked fine Until tonight Here s the scenario I m running software X on my computer and suddenly everything crashes blue screen It wasn t the first time it happened with this software it doesn t work perfectly with vista and I know it s just a quot safety restart quot like my windows help assistant pop-up says I Wireless mouse stops working... let my laptop reboot and I click quot start windows normally quot as usuall Everything works fine so I open msn Wireless mouse stops working... messenger and TADAH my mouse stops working I first thought my mouse needed to be pluged to recharge so I plugged it in Nothing works So I disconect reconnect my signal receiver and a pop-up window tells me my computer can t find the drivers for my quot unidentified device quot I go on the Targus website to find out there aren t any drivers for that kind of mouse So I reboot and still nothing works I also tried to push the reset buttons on the back of the receiver and the mouse The light on the receiver blinks waiting for the mouse signal and it stops blinking when I push the button under the mouse which is normal so I guess it s not a communication problem between the mouse and the receiver My computer is plugged in my mouse too I tried all my usb ports ans still nothing works I am desperate Please help me lol nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

Today i just got a mouse that had a in the past that i had the same issue but i don't remember how to resolve it, whenever i try to watch a video or games the mouse and keyboard while i have my headset connected but (the M&K)stops working. i tried un ticking the "allow the computer to shut down this device to save power" in my usb's and devices and the mouse and keyboard only works when i disconnect the headset

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/my-mouse-keyboard-stops-working-4605161/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have a Logitech optical, wireless mouse that ceases to work after 5 miutes or so after I boot the computer. Here is what I have tried. One: if I start if safe mode, the problem doesn't exist and I can use the mouse for extended times. Two; I went on the Logitech web page and tried downloading the driver. A notice came up that I have a more recent copy of the driver. That is surely a funny response. Three, I tried a USB mouse and it failed to work when the optical mouse wasn't working. Four; I tried the wireless mose from my laptop and it exhibited the sam problem. I suspect it may an O/S problem. Any suggestions?

A:Optical mouse stops working

Retiredbill, sounds like you have a conflict. Try using CCleaner and clean your registry.

Note
Back a back up of it when it prompts you

CCleaner

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/286906-optical-mouse-stops-working.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello I just got this laptop literally yesterday I'm already experiencing problems working My no stops matter I do! what mouse with it But I don't want to start calling My mouse stops working no matter what I do! up the manufacture or anything just yet Because I was doing a little bit of researching and it seems people have similar problems like mine but idk if it's exactly the same Basically my computer will sound like its loading or something And then the mouse won't work it won't move or anything The programs behind it are acting fine but the mouse is just frozen And it lasts for about - secs And then it works again But you can see that that can be a problem when gaming and doing important things I checked and all the drivers are installed and up to date I'm not sure what else to do some people said that toshiba or windows is supposed to be working on it But that's a little ridiculous considering I just booted this up yesterday and everything seemed ok I'd also like to mention that the touchpad is really slow as well And I haven't done anything to my computer that would slow it down or whatever I've checked the settings and my mouse is indeed on and not disabled by accident or anything I have a toshiba satellite C laptop And it's my first time with windows but the side bar keeps getting in the way as well and Im wondering if thats also contributing to my mouse I'm also using the touch pad not an external or USB mouse If anyone can clear this issue up for me I would eternally grateful

A:My mouse stops working no matter what I do!

Possible bad USB mouse. What is the manufacturer of this USB mouse?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/46722-my-mouse-stops-working-no-matter-what-i-do.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I recently bought the HP X3500 wireless mouse and I am having a little problem with it. After 1 second of inactivity, the mouse stops working. I have to click a button or scroll the wheel to make it work again. I am using Windows 10 64-bit.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Mouse-stops-working-after-1-second-of-inactivity/td-p/5603543
Relevancy 65.79%

Hey,

I have an IBM R52, lately I've been having this really annoying problem!

The keyboard and touchpad stop working - right now the keyboard is still working but the touchpad is unresponsive. Suspending the system gets the keyboard working occasionally (this is faster than restarting), however its usually necessary to restart the computer.

I can work around the mouse by plugging a USB mouse in, but I dont have another keyboard.

Any advice? Im thinking perhaps a driver reinstall or theres a conflict somewhere?

Thanks

A:Keyboard and mouse stops working on IBM R52

Please only ask your question once, asking the same question on different parts of the forum is not allowed, closing this one, your thread in laptop support is open

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/keyboard-and-mouse-stops-working-on-ibm-r52-184412.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hey guys this stops working mouse (linux) all began with a virus on my computer which then crashed my hard drive so i went to best buy got a new hard drive and installed windows xp professional back onto my computer and as soon as it was done downloading i noticed that my keyboard wasent working so i had an extremely hard time trying mouse stops working (linux) to login for the first time which i finally did after this everything was working fine and i decided that i wanted to install ubuntu linux which i successfully did and after playing around on it for the first minutes mouse stops working (linux) or so the mouse just stops working and sometimes the keyboard does the same thing anyways please please help me solve this problem i dont know what els to do THANKS MATT oh there is one more thing when im on youtube or on the internet the mouse stops mouse stops working (linux) working alot faster than when im not on the internet THANKS GUYS nbsp

A:mouse stops working (linux)

I dealt with a problem where the same thing kept happening to a hard drive on Win Pro. Turns out in the end it was a loose connect on the main board somewhere. Only worked this out by taking the whole thing apart, cleaning it and putting it all back together again.

As it is happening across to OS's it doesn't sound like a software issue. I would give the above a try and perhaps try new mouse/keyboard.

Internet may be coincidence or puts the motherboard in a certain amount of stress around a port area? Guesswork there I am afraid.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-stops-working-linux.989015/
Relevancy 65.79%

For the past few weeks, my mouse randomly stops working whether it be 5 minutes into turning on my computer or an hour or so. The only fix is to restart my computer and it'll start working again until it freezes. I thought it was a mouse problem so I tried replacing my mouse but it did the same thing. Next I tried deleting and reinstalling the drivers of the mouse and it still didn't work. I even tried to update the drivers but nothing seems to work. I feel somewhat at a loss and I feel like just getting a new computer altogether but money is an issue..Does anyone have any help or advice for this issue? Thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/566187/mouse-randomly-stops-working/
Relevancy 65.79%

I recently had a deathadder chroma which broke and I thought it was no big deal, I went out and bought a rival 300 steelseries mouse the day after but whenever I try to watch videos, streams, or do too many things at once the mouse willl not move on the screen and I have to close the tab for the video. It also stops when I receive steam messages etc, I really don't know what to do I thought it might have been the USB port's power management but I disabled selective suspending for the ports and it still did it. Any ideas?

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/129278-mouse-stops-working-when-doing-too-many-things-once.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Any assistance with this one would be appreciated as I am out of ideas...

My wife's laptop, a Packard Bell Easynote, has developed a problem whereby the wired mouse stops working after about 15 minutes use. Changing USB sockets does not help, and only a full restart starts the mouse again for about 15 minutes. This is the case for two mice, one a Dell mouse and the other a Lenovo one.

The computer beeps when a mouse is connected/disconnected to/from any USB port while the mouse is not responding suggesting that they are still powered, and I have attempted to fix by updating the drivers with no change.

This was also happening with Windows 7 and has transferred with the upgrade to Win 10?

System specs are - Easynote TS, Intel core i5, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD using Intel HD graphics 3000

Help!!!

A:Mouse stops working after 15 minutes

I have yet to see whether this has fixed it, but I just switched the 'selective USB suspend' to disabled and then changed the power settings to 'never' for the sleep and power off options in the power control panel when power is connected - time will tell.....

One thing I forgot to mention above, the trackpad continues to work when the mouse disables itself, but my wife prefers to use the mouse, otherwise the fix would be to use the trackpad...

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/48077-mouse-stops-working-after-15-minutes.html
Relevancy 65.79%

For about weeks now my mouse has been freezing PSU failure stops working, Mouse possible and then coming back every now and then Today the mouse laser keeps flickering on and off and the mouse keeps freezing and then comes back a second later Now it Mouse stops working, possible PSU failure just comes back once and then dies completely sometimes with the laser still on and the laser off I have tried this same mouse on a different computer used it for about an hour and it still works as usual I then used the mouse from that computer and plugged it into this computer and it does the same thing I have tried doing the uninstall thing in Device Manager also the Disable-Enable thing I am currently blaming it on the PSU because I have tried to plug it into other Mouse stops working, possible PSU failure USB inputs and it still isn t working I think it has finally failed because I replaced my Video Card last year and the card was rated at w while my PSU has only a w Output Everything else still work the keyboard monitor headphones printer just the mouse s don t work I want your opinion if it is the PSU or some other component Thanks for reading and I hope to hear your replies nbsp

A:Mouse stops working, possible PSU failure

I imagine it's worth a try anyway. Plus if you say your Graphics Card requires 350 and you only have a 300, then I would suggest one anyway to be fair.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-stops-working-possible-psu-failure.1000125/
Relevancy 65.79%

The computer that is having problems is running Windows XP Service Pack The first problem I had was when my wallpaper was changed to large text that read quot YOUR SYSTEM IS INFECTED System has been stopped due to a serious malfunction Spyware activity has been detected It is recommended to use spyware Crash! Mouse Working Stops removal tools to prevent data loss Do not use the computer before all spyware removed quot So I did a virus scan and that fixed my wallpaper but not everything was fixed Then I did a system restore Now when I log into my administrator windows account three pop ups appear The first says bit MS-DOS SubsystemC WINDOWS system logon exe C PROGRA Symantec S EVNT DLL An installable Virtual Device Driver failed DLL initialization Choose Close to terminate the application The second saysC WINDOWS system logon exe this is the title of the window and there is an empty black window The third saysHP Mouse Stops Working Crash! PrecisionScan Pro SetupThis program updates your HP Scanning Software You may see a message about Digital Signature Not Found You must click Yes for the update to install correctly Also in firefox when I have a window open sometimes the window randomly changes from an active window to an inactive window I mean the title bar changes from blue to greyish blue even though I don t click or type anything Also When I used the msconfig to try to stop some unnecessary services a pop up pops up that says System Configuration An Access Denied error was returned while attempting to Mouse Stops Working Crash! change a service You may need to log on using an Administrator account to make the specified changes After about minutes after I start using the computer the mouse and keyboard both stop responding and I have to restart the computer I am posting this on a different computer and I saved a Hijack this log on a flash drive Also the computer with the problem always crashes when booting in safemode Here is the HIjack log Thankyou I hope you can help solve some of my computer s problems Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system savedump exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System appdrvrem exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system userinit exe C WINDOWS Explorer exe C WINDOWS system ntvdm exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system dumprep exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system hphmon exe C sj hpupdate exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools Lite daemon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system dwwin exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe logon exe O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run HPHmon C WINDOWS system hphmon exe O - HKLM R... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-stops-working-crash.858563/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi there I have picked up my stops working sound mouse and a problem Started bout a month ago my mouse functions back and forward and sound movies mp mkv games stops working after awhile In videos it will display but no sound and with music winamp will give me the error my sound and mouse stops working quot bad direct sound driver please install proper drivers or select another device in configuration error code quot but it shows the sound is working properly at the device manager the clicking my sound and mouse stops working sound is there when open folders and the restart sound and the only way to resolve this is to restart But after bout min it starts over again I have Formated in this month and the problem is still there i am using bitdefender internet security and its showing that i have no viruses Could this be a hardware issue or software issue or a virus If someone can help will be much appreciated My system win xp sp cpu - e mobo - gigabyte ep -ud p sound - onboard VGA - HD gb HDD - x tb sata HDD - gb IDE mouse - cybersnipa stinger keyboard - merc stealth PSU - raidmax w

A:my sound and mouse stops working

LOL so i guess im screwed!!! :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-sound-and-mouse-stops-working-426376.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I have Lenovo Idaepad 100. The mouse has suddenly stopped working. On my friends Toshiba laptop you just have to press the Fn button and it starts again. Doesn't seem to work on my laptop.

Mod's Edit: Additional information added to Subject line for clarity of issue and moved to the proper forum.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Ideapad-100-Mouse-stops-working/td-p/3415554
Relevancy 65.79%

I have a Lenovo x130 with 3 USB ports on it. My USB mouse will work but inconsistently. I swapped with another and had the same issue after some time. Touchpad works fine. Also, all 3 ports will recognize my flash drive. Anyways I went into device manager and devices and printers and found no conflicts. Went ahead and checked for driver updates. Check bios to confirm USB ports were on. I would venture to say this May be a chipset/USB driver issue? Does anyone have any suggestions?

A:USB mouse randomly stops working

I had a similar problem....I use Firefox, and found that one of the add ons wasn't playing nice with the others....i disabled all of them and reintroduced them one at a time. The 'Logitech smooth scrolling" was the culprit in my case.
If this had not worked, I would have reset the browser.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/reset-firefox-easily-fix-most-problems

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/3296214?hl=en

This will at least eliminate the possibility.
Watch your 'hard drive light'....is there hard drive activity occurring when the mouse stops moving?   this would indicate some service/process working somewhere that is taking the focus away from your mouse.

Hope this helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/532127/usb-mouse-randomly-stops-working/
Relevancy 65.79%

I was upgrading my avast free antivirus to pro antivirus then it asked for a restart when i restarted it the mouse and keyboard stops working. please help!!

A:Mouse and keyboard stops working

do a system restore to the day before the upgrade. this should let you regain control. make a new restore point after doing so and then try the upgrade again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/319510-mouse-keyboard-stops-working.html
Relevancy 65.79%

My HP computer running Windows 7 uses a USB HP mouse that suddenly stopped working. It lights up but won't work. It is a P/N: 5185-2415 REV.A

No error came up when it stopped working it just can't be moved.
I can't left/right click.
It won't install the device when plugged in.
I have tried restarting the computer.

My computer is a Hewlett-Packard Company model p6234f with a Pentium(r) Dual-Core CPU E5400 @ 2.70GHz 2.70GHz with 6 gb of ram using a 64 bit operating system.

A:USB HP Mouse suddenly stops working?

Try a different mouse. That one might have failed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/usb-hp-mouse-suddenly-stops-working-648365.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello I m having some wireless mouse problems I have an old normal microsoft mouse with wire and all works perfect and has for years But I thought I d update when Stops Working Wireless Mouse I got a new laptop dell Wireless Mouse Stops Working inspirion So I started with the old microsoft mouse works fine After a while I get a wireless mouse of some no-name brand It worked fine for a few hours then the mouse pointer slowed down almost like it was stuck and then stopped working I changed batteries I klicked that little search button on the mouse changed USB ports and at most I d get it to work for an hour then it d stop and not work So I thought it was something wrong with the mouse I bought another one again no-name brand Exactly the same problem Works for minutes to a couple of hours then stops I tried uninstalling the drivers for the microsoft mouse but that didn t help I run windows Actually the first mouse isn t a no-name brand it s a genius mouse but it didn t come with any drivers or anything Any ideas would be much appreciated I really want a wirless mouse nbsp

A:Wireless Mouse Stops Working

Hi Jarlhen,

Wireless mouses usually works without drivers. It would be a good idea to try those mice with another computer. If they work, it might be a driver issue.

If they don't work, invest a little more and buy a better mouse (maybe Logitech or Microsoft). Then you don't have to change batteries every day

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-mouse-stops-working.931971/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi guys,everyday when I open my laptop my USB mouse works for a few mins then suddenly stops workingCan anyone please tell me how to fix this?

A:Mouse suddenly stops working!!!!!

Hi there ... Does the Mouse work in a different port or another Computer ? Have you tried other Devices in your USB ports do they work .. Also what is the Model Number of your Laptop .. And what antivirus are you using ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/333806-mouse-suddenly-stops-working.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I have a Microsoft Trackball USB mouse that I've been using on my new laptop for about 2 months with no problems.  All of a sudden yesterday, the mouse just shuts off.  I have to unplug it & plug it back it to get it working again.  Sometimes
it will keep working for hours sometimes it will shut off in seconds.  I've uninstalled the mouse & HID drivers & re-installed them but the problem still persists.  I've also tried different USB ports & it still does the same thing.  Anybody
know why my mouse all of a sudden has gone crazy??

Thanks in advance,
Jodi

A:Trackball Mouse just stops working

Hi,
It should be a hardware issue, but not related to Windows 7.
I think you may check if your battery in the mouse still have enough power.
You may access the following website to see if there is any help.
Mice Solution Center
If the above suggestions do not work, please contact technical support and check hardware issues.
Microsoft Contact Us Please remember to click ?Mark as Answer? on the post that helps you, and to click ?Unmark as Answer? if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/85a53265-4123-45f6-9a0d-e6e3baf2f03e/trackball-mouse-just-stops-working?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 65.36%

Toshiba Satellite A35-S159. XP Home with all Service Packs and Upgrades. Very careful about virus, spam, defrag, etc. Sometimes mouse quits working by not allowing clicks, sometimes cursor lags, sometimes its in taskbar or desktop only, sometimes both. Per Task Manager, it's unrelated to CPU usage.

Any ideas appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-stops-working-in-taskbar-desktop-or-both.1006321/
Relevancy 65.36%

a few weeks ago my mousepad stopped working so i got a wireless mouse out and started to use that. well my finger hit the mousepad a few minutes later and it started to work. it always happens when i turn my computer on and after a few minutes itll happen. even right now it wasnt working until i tried it again and it worked perfectly. can anyone help?

A:mouse on laptop stops working randomly

See if updated drivers available for your mousepad.

Mousepad may need replacement.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/mouse-on-laptop-stops-working-randomly-524944.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello I am experiencing some problems not with the actual mouse but with the system or something This error recently started occurring where the mouse will not Mouse randomly working/responding. stops allow me to close out of windows or click Mouse randomly stops working/responding. inside of them Generally this starts occurring when I start playing World of Warcraft but it's not limited to this only It's happened when I wasn't playing or when I am just chatting on Skype or even not at the computer It's not a virus or anything malicious as I'm pretty competent with that sort of thing but I cannot figure this issue out I've also checked the sleep and power options both are fine It just stops working for - seconds and I have to Mouse randomly stops working/responding. ctrl alt delete to fix the issue momentarily My computer is a Windows X -bit OS Asus Notebook G Series The mouse is a Razer DeathAdder DPI EDIT The touch pad also will not work during this quot phase quot of unresponsiveness from the mouse When I say it will not work I mean that it will not click as well but it will move responsively as the mouse will Thank you

A:Mouse randomly stops working/responding.

Welcome
Go to device manager check mouse drivers
Make a full anti virus scan
Download and make a full and updated scan with malwarebytes
Test with a clean boot.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
Go back to good times with system restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/149610-mouse-randomly-stops-working-responding.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I recently installed a Logitech mouse. It works fine until I reboot and then the scrolling wheel stops working. I have to go into the mouse settings in order to turn it back on. It's an MX510.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-mouse-stops-working-after-reboot.630034/
Relevancy 65.36%

At any given time, the mouse stops working and the light goes out.

Nothing on the keyboard functions.

Turn it off and restart it, everything works fine.

This computer is brand new and the store that sold it to me had no answers.

A:New Lenovo H50 - Mouse and Keyboard Stops Working

Open the Device Manager and scroll down to Universal Serial Bus controllers.

Double click/tap on Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Detection Driver (USB).

Click/tap on the Driver tab.

Uninstall the Driver and restart the computer.  When the computer is restarted a new driver will be installed.

Let us know if this resolves the problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/595941/new-lenovo-h50-mouse-and-keyboard-stops-working/
Relevancy 65.36%

Ok so, Heres the issue, I bought my HP ENVY x360 from Best Buy a few days ago, What ive been noticing is when i push any key on my keyboard, even numbers, or when im typing, the mouse will just freeze while im typing until about 3 seconds later, Something is delayed and im wondering if theres a feature that needs to be fixed, or if i need to take the computer back. Any tips and suggestions would be so helpful, thanks!  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/mouse-stops-working-for-3-seconds-when-any-key-is-pushed-on/td-p/5682867
Relevancy 65.36%

Hey all.

I'm running Vista on a Dell Inspiron 1720 with a logitech vista certified USB mouse. Runs great, until I plug something else into one of the USB ports. Anything else. Any port. Then it stops working.

I can get it working again by unplugging the mouse, waiting a while, and plugging it back in, but that's really annoying. This happens no matter which port the mouse was plugged into initially.

Is there anything I can do to get it to stop doing that?

A:Logitech Mouse stops working when something is plugged into USB

I had the same problem when I plugged it into a USB hub... Weird.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-mouse-stops-working-when-something-is-plugged-into-usb.764471/
Relevancy 65.36%

It seems that I have another novel problem to add to the pile of novel problems I have been experiencing Recently probably no more than two weeks ago I in Stops Game Mouse Intermittently Working started to experience an issue where a game would stutter briefly and I would loose mouse control for a few seconds When the stutter would first begin I would hear Win make it characteristic 'da-dung' sound the one you would get when a notification pops up For the next or seconds I would loose mouse control but the keyboard would still function as normal The game Mouse Intermittently Stops Working in Game would again stutter and mouse control Mouse Intermittently Stops Working in Game would be restored Thinking that I was overdue for a reformat I did so However this has clearly not made a difference This only happens ingame Any help would be greatly appreciated my clan is preparing for DGL and this could not have happened at a worse time System Specs Ultimate K Ghz EVGA GTX HD GB Asrock Extreme Gen Z Razer Copperhead Logitech G

A:Mouse Intermittently Stops Working in Game

Quote:

Originally Posted by R0gueHunt3R

When the stutter would first begin, I would hear Win7 make it characteristic 'da-dung' sound; the one you would get when a notification pops up.

More specifically, it is the sound 7 makes when it notifies you that a driver has been installed. Is it possible that 7 keeps re-installing HID-compliant mouse driver? It would explain the stuttering...

Also, I just experience the phenomenon while in a desktop environment - I had just closed several programs - so it is no longer exclusive to games.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/mouse-intermittently-stops-working-in-game-678670.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I have a dell inspiron 620 and for some reason recently my mouse has been acting up. I've tried the mouse on a different computer and it works fine. I've swapped it out with 3 other ones. They all acted the same way. It's not the OS either as it's happening on both Ubuntu and Windows 7. The USB ports work fine with all other hardware so I'm stumped as to what could be causing this. Any ideas?

A:Mouse behaves erratically and then stops working.

try reinstalling the drivers. it sounds like a driver issue

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-behaves-erratically-and-then-stops-working.1101655/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hey,

Having a very annoying problem, sometimes my mouse on the laptop just stops working at random.

I don't know why it stops or what makes it come back.

Using an external mouse works no problem, its just the laptops built in mouse.
I can still right and left click but I cant move it.

Hope someone can help

Thanks

A:Touch keypad / mouse stops working randomly

What do you see in device manager?? Right click on touch pad-uninstall- restart PC!
If that doesn't help, go to your manufacture and down load the driver for your touch pad.
Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows - Windows Help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/touch-keypad-mouse-stops-working-randomly-984225.html
Relevancy 64.5%

When I'm working in Internet Explorer, the right mouse button will randomly stop working. Also, when this happens, new windows that open automatically from the webpage or new tabs in the window do not load anything at all. Only IE suffers from this malady--all other programs function as they should.

The only fix I have found for this is to perform a system restore. This fixes the problem temporarily, but after repeated use, IE does the same thing over again.

I've restored my system dozens of times now, with no end in sight. Possible solutions?

A:Internet Explorer: Right mouse button stops working

What toolbars / ActiveX add-ons are you using in IE?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/161822-internet-explorer-right-mouse-button-stops-working.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I have a Logitech M Bluetooth mouse which I'm using with my Dell M laptop running Windows Ultimate SP Yesterday the mouse abruptly stopped working which I discovered was because I had bumped the switch that turns off the Bluetooth transmitter Once I realized that working, not mouse abruptly reconnect will stops Bluetooth and turned the transmitter back on the mouse will no longer connect to the laptop I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling what I believe are the Bluetooth mouse abruptly stops working, will not reconnect relevant drivers to no avail The laptop detects the mouse and then presents me with three options Enter a security code find out what the built-in security code is or pair Bluetooth mouse abruptly stops working, will not reconnect without a code I choose the latter and the mouse then shows up in the list of Bluetooth devices However the mouse does not actually work and after a few seconds the mouse disappears from the list In the Event Viewer log I see Bluetooth mouse abruptly stops working, will not reconnect quot Event BTHUSB quot with the following comment The mutual authentication between the local Bluetooth adapter and a device with Bluetooth adapter address f b f failed Hunting around for possible solutions I found support microsoft com kb That seems a little extreme and I am not completely sure whether it is even relevant So I am hoping that someone with more Bluetooth experience than I might be able to tell me how to troubleshoot this problem with a lighter touch

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/bluetooth-mouse-abruptly-stops-working-will-not-reconnect-885305.html
Relevancy 64.5%

When I'm working in Internet Explorer, the right mouse button will randomly stop working. Also, when this happens, new windows that open automatically from the webpage or new tabs in the window do not load anything at all. Only IE suffers from this malady--all other programs function as they should.

The only fix I have found for this is to perform a system restore. This fixes the problem temporarily, but after repeated use, IE does the same thing over again.

I've restored my system dozens of times now, with no end in sight. Possible solutions?

A:Internet Explorer: Right mouse button stops working

First thing to do: Open regedit (Click Start, type in the search bar: regedit and press Enter)
Once in regedit, click once on Computer then edit/search and search for the following words:
1/ restriction
2/ nobrowsercontextmenu
3/ nobrowseroptions

If you have some occurences of the above words, locate the key and copy the path to that key, then post them.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/161825-internet-explorer-right-mouse-button-stops-working.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi Guys I working stops randomly and keyboard Mouse Restarts, PC have recently assembled a pc My system Intel Processor i GHZ I bought this one new with months warranty remaining Mother board Asus h m-K Its also new with months warranty remaining Ram DDR GB Used Power supply W Used After a few days use the Pc used to restart after to hours of working and then everything go again to normal for another hours PC Restarts, Mouse and keyboard stops working randomly I also got the blue screen error of windows a few times I figured out that the fan speed of CPU was at normal I changed it to turbo level after that the restarting stopped for a few days but recently it started again randomly now there is no trend it happens randomly Lately my mouse and keyboard start freezing with numlock light and the laser light of mouse turning off I plugged them out to a PC Restarts, Mouse and keyboard stops working randomly different usb ports but off no use I have to force restart the pc to make it Normal functioning again I am using Windows bit I have changed PC Restarts, Mouse and keyboard stops working randomly the windows many time but off no use Can anyone tell me what is likely to be the problem I think there is a problem with the supply or the motherboard but dont know how to check it Thanks in Advance

A:PC Restarts, Mouse and keyboard stops working randomly

Chek the south bridge temps bro. the only way is to touch the heatsnk when the computer is in runing state .

Dont touch with nude feet on floor

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/342546-pc-restarts-mouse-keyboard-stops-working-randomly.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Sorry for grammar writing on on screen keyboard For working mouse lights flickering, stops keyboard a few days now my keyboard will randomly stop working and the key lights would go crazy blinking a times After some time the mouse will also stop working but so far its good since i unpluged the keyboard Also whenever i move the mouse the lights would start blinking weird I keyboard lights flickering, mouse stops working had the same problem a few months ago but it went away after i started using a different set of mouse keyboard This pc is like years old and could it be that the mobo is dying or the slots are dying ' If i am playing a game my character will move on its own also when i move the key cable it will start working again for a few seconds Tried inserting a different board when it stops working but it does not help plz help cpu Intel Pentium Dual CPu E Ghz Gb ram gtx ti Psu Seasonic W Bronze Win bit Socket Mobo GCM-S L GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket - GA- GCM-S L rev

A:keyboard lights flickering, mouse stops working

Does this do the same thing with the mouse and keyboard plugged into another machine? Have you tried a different mouse and keyboard on your machine?

Have you tried updating the Chipset drivers from the manufacture website of your motherboard?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/keyboard-lights-flickering-mouse-stops-working-791698.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi
So I have a little problem with my mouse and keyboard. It stops working at the login screen. The same thing happens when I try to log on safe mode, etc.

Anyone got any ideas how I can fix this?

A:Mouse and Keybored stops working at login screen

Are you able to log in to W7 at all?
Hi Welcome to Seven Forums.
To help all of us would you please add your systems specs? Here's how: System Info - See Your System Specs
Under System Manufacturer/Model Number add desktop or laptop and whether self built.

You can easily copy/paste from within the app, no install required.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/240882-mouse-keybored-stops-working-login-screen.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hey folks This is very frustrating and I am at my wits end I have tried different wireless mice and two wireless keyboards with nearly no success Hardware tried HP Wireless mouse Returned to store Logitech mk mouse keyboard combo Logitech m "sticky" mouse mouse/keybd working. sometimes stops two different ones iHome Mouse works best actually Logitech v wireless mouse very old Microsoft wireless mouse and keyboard With all of the mice I experience issues where the pointer disappears or seems stuck on elements on the screen for example the pointer seems to get stuck on the edges of windows Pointer motion is erratic at best With the mk and m mice the pointer does not stay in one place long enough along with the windows scroll up or down a line or two which leaves me with mouse/keybd stops working. mouse sometimes "sticky" the pointing device version of quot whack-a-mole quot attempting to click on something The v is a very old mouse and while it works is resolution is fairly low With the microsoft mouse it sometimes stops working and needs to be reset The keyboard does the same and needs batteries removed mouse/keybd stops working. mouse sometimes "sticky" and replaced Sometimes that doesnt work and I need to reboot With the keyboard on the mk combo some keys don't work consistently and sometimes no keys work Cycling power fixes the no keys issues moving the keyboard away from the computer fixes the keys that don't work consistently otherwise This issue has persisted with windows and with two different motherboards At no point has the wireless transceiver and device been more than feet apart and usually within For logitech I have updated to the latest setpoint and used the devices without setpoint The v while recognized by setpoint doesn't work with it at all making the pointer motion completely random I have used different unifying transceivers for the logitech devices and none of those work any differently Outside of setpoint for the logitech devices there are no drivers specific to the others I have made sure windows is updated Used every usb port on the computer and even used a different with usb ports I use a lot of usb devices at random to communicate with my cell phone usb flash drives and two guitar interfaces line ux and fender mini-mustang All of the other devices seem to work without issue What I need is either ideas to further diagnose the problems or failing that known reliable wireless mice and keyboards that are neither MS Logitech or HP I have tried contacting each company regarding these problems Microsoft was unreachable through a complex phone tree Logitech doesnt always answer the phone in the number of rings my telco gives to place a call and HP kept transferring me to the correct department and I gave up after transfers Any help at all ideas tips pointers anything would be appreciated

A:mouse/keybd stops working. mouse sometimes "sticky"

Hi jenny4, welcome ...

You obviously sound like you're no newbie to computers so forgive me for asking this but have you checked for Malware lately?

Needless to say, the fact that some mice work better than others is strange.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/43527-mouse-keybd-stops-working-mouse-sometimes-sticky.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello all Here is my problem I am running a USB mouse on my notebook I want to preface this by saying I have had this notebook for about years and never had a problem however I just got my computer back about a week ago The video card motherboard took a crap and had to be replaced Now when I am working my mouse will stop working whenever the computer goes into stand by and other times I will just be working on the computer Plug And Working Stops To Usb Have Mouse Resume Back To Unplug In and the mouse will inexplicable stop working and be completely unresponsive This is an optical mouse and the light is still on so it seems to be getting power Also a few times it stopped working I would Usb Mouse Stops Working Have To Unplug And Plug Back In To Resume click a few buttons and move it a bit and it will start working again in about seconds after it completes all Usb Mouse Stops Working Have To Unplug And Plug Back In To Resume the clicks and movements I had made but for the most part when it stops working it just stops and I must unplug it from the usb port and plug it back in to get it to work again at least for a few minutes until it stops working again This problem does not seem to be happening to any of my other USB devices as I do alot of video editing and have an external USB hard drive hooked up all the time and have not had any problems since getting my computer back Also just as a note I have tried other usb drives on the computer but seems to just be this mouse that won t work right I have plugged in this mouse to my desktop and it does not freeze on my desktop What could be causing this My system specs are HP ZD us Notebook Computer P ghz ht processor gb ram gb internal HD DVD RW drive Nvidia FX GO Video card mb I don t have the info on the motherboard since it is new in widescreen monitor nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

Hi every one , I heard this is the  best forum for help , so I registered
I know sometimes you can only articulate things by phone , but  I hope you can help me out
sometimes when I click a shortcut  link on desktop -
my  mouse stops working sometimes when I click a shortcut  link on desktop - and I hate to have to restart my computer every time just  to get the mouse to work again ..
What happens is that little round blue circle comes on desktop , like its try to bring up that web site from I.E.
but it just keeps circling and a side effect is I can't do anything with the mouse - Unless I restart
Is there any keyboard combination or anything at all I can do without having to restart my computer to get the mouse to work

A:sometimes when I click a shortcut link on desktop - mouse stops working

Did you try a replacement mouse?

Did you try removing the mouse drivers, using Device Manager...then rebooting the system (drivers reinstall automatically)?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/490439/sometimes-when-i-click-a-shortcut-link-on-desktop-mouse-stops-working/
Relevancy 63.64%

Its a Logitech wireless optical mouse I ve pushed the reset button on the bottom tried restarting my computer and tried mouse...left working Logitech button wireless stops using the troubleshooting feature that came with the mouse itself Starting today the left button stopped working The right button works fine The batteries are new The scroll wheel works fine The pointer works fine I tried it again and suddenly it Logitech wireless mouse...left button stops working was working then the next time I went to click on something it stopped again I just got it for christmas what could be wrong The only thing I can possibly think of is that my month old had it in his hand last week banging on the keyboard with it Maybe he broke it a little bit and thats why its giving me trouble now Unless anyone knows what I can do to try and get it working then I think i ll have to buy a new one So help me if you can If not no worries I still have the mouse that came with my computer and I can get along with that until i get a new one nbsp

A:Logitech wireless mouse...left button stops working

I suspect you'll be buying a new one. It's probably the switch in the mouse, I've had those switches go on mice a number of times. Let's see, I've had 4-5 of them go in 50,000 posts, so you were due for a failure with 16,000!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-wireless-mouse-left-button-stops-working.569459/
Relevancy 63.64%

I got the new Shogun Bros Ballista MK- gaming mouse today and I went to plug it in to my machine and it will not work In the manual it says that this mouse will work with a basic driver and does not require the software to make it work Here are the details of what I tried Custom Built rig with Windows x - Uninstalled old mouse software before plugging in the MK- Bros Unknown Mouse, Stops Shogun Working Driver, - Unplugged old mouse before plugging in the MK- - Tried different USB port even tried a USB port nothing works - Restarted Many Times - Device Manager showing the exact model of mouse but listed in Unknown Other Devices and a description saying no driver installed - Plugged mouse into another Windows x laptop works perfectly - Plugged mouse into MacBookPro works flawlessly - Tried to install generic mouse driver for it wouldn't accept it - Removed the USB Root Hub in Device Manager and that made all of my USB devices quit working obviously but then they wouldn't come back at all no matter what had to do next step - Rolled system Shogun Bros Mouse, Unknown Driver, Stops Working back to earlier time before I installed the software and IT WORKED But only until Windows detected the new mouse Shogun Bros Mouse, Unknown Driver, Stops Working and attempted to install a new driver then it just stopped working - Ran DriverEasy and updated every driver for my system including Chipset USB Root Hub etc - Ran CCleaner and removed irrelevant Registry settings - Rebooted and it WORKED Until Windows saw the new device and once again tried to install a driver It prompted me to reboot and upon reboot the mouse stopped working again - Booted this computer into Ubuntu and it works just fine so I know for a fact it is something with Windows because Ubuntu is using the same hardware What in the heck could be causing this I am really getting frustrated on this and no matter what I try I cannot get this to work I have Googled this to absolutely no avail everything on Google is a review about how AWESOME this COOL mouse is nothing about people having problems with it I am afraid that I might have to reinstall Windows completely is that the case Please help me

A:Shogun Bros Mouse, Unknown Driver, Stops Working

So you say this is a custom build, I'm assuming your mobo came with a CD that includes the drivers necessary. Install the mouse drivers from the motherboard CD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/297473-shogun-bros-mouse-unknown-driver-stops-working.html
Relevancy 63.64%

This mouse randomly stops working. When I click on "Show Bluetooth Devices" with my touchpad it immediately starts working again.
My laptop is always plugged in.
Sometimes I can be idle for a really long time and it still works. Other times it seems to stop while using it.
Sometimes it does it often, every few minutes, and other times it doesn't do it for quite some time.
System
Bluetooth: Qualcomm Atheros AR3012 Bluetooth 4.0 HS
Driver: 8.0.1.305 (up to date)
Bluetooth Settings/Options
[x] Allow Bluetooth devices to find this PC
[x] Alert me when a new Bluetooth device wants to connect
[x] Show the Bluetooth icon in notification area
Device Manager
Bluetooth properties in the Device Manager is just a blank window, there are no options.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/51192-sculpt-comfort-mouse-bluetooth-randomly-stops-working.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hey everyone I have an old Compaq Presario that freezes up after a while And by freezing up I mean that sometimes while surfing the net or running Media Player everything stops responding mouse keyboard internet connection - everything I have to actually press the power button and restart the system that way Twice out of the s of times the computer has done this I recieved quot System Has Recovered From A Serious Error quot message and after the report is done and sent the help site that comes up from windows says quot Problem Caused By Device Driver quot but then states that MS can t give me any help with the problem There seems to be something wrong here obviously and I ve checked the Device Manager for the yellow exclamation and have none The system goes like this Compag Presario AMD Athlon Mhz GB PC Mhz RAM Windows XP Home W PSU nVidia GeForce MX MB can anyone help out p s also yesterday while trying to search on yahoo my cursor would move from one spot times working at stops Computer random to another on the search box and then type in random parts of searches I had done earlier that day Any idea Computer stops working at random times as to what s going on here to nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

Hey guys looking for some help. I have a Acer ES1 laptop running Windows 10. The problem i'm having is the 2 finger scroll stops working at random on sites like Youtube, etc. I am using the ELAN driver.

Any ideas how i can fix this. I am terrible with computers so if you don't mind dumbing it down for me, thanks alot

A:2 Finger scroll stops working at random

Hi,
Go to Settings, Devices, select Mouse&Touchpad, scroll down to Additional Mouse Options, go to Elan tab, highlight the Elan smartpad and click Options, try switching to reverse scroll and other options to get the right settings which could work for you, I have attached my settings for comparing but you may have to try different options.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/62988-2-finger-scroll-stops-working-random.html
Relevancy 63.64%

At no particular interval the wifi in my laptop turns off. I found that if I go into device manager disable and then re-enable it, it fixes it, but I end up doing this every other day and it really annoys me. Since I first noticed the problem, I have reinstalled windows ( for various other reasons ) multiple times, but the problem still exists. Is it a hard ware problem?

A:Wireless stops working on random days

Have you tried plugging into a different slot?, you sure your drivers are up to date? and what is the model number?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/121579-wireless-stops-working-random-days.html
Relevancy 63.21%

My wired mouse randomly stops working while using a virtual machine in a thumb drive. It doesn't  happen everyday only once a week or so sometimes less.

I have to reboot my pc back into the thumb drive to get it to work again. I am not able to swap it out for a different mouse while in the VM.

I have changed out the mouse 4 times with different brands mainly for Logitech brand and tried all the other USB ports and still have the same problem.

It happened in Windows 7 and Windows 10 while using the VM thumb drive and has been going on for a couple of years now.
It works fine when using my personal desktop.

Any idea what could be causing this? Are all the USB ports connected together or do they run separate from one another? 

I hope you can resolve my issue.

Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b787f3e2-0946-4752-8ecb-57e58088c669/mouse-randomly-stops-working-while-using-a-virtual-machine-in-a-thumb-drive?forum=w7itprovirt
Relevancy 63.21%

I got my computer 2 years ago, within those 2 years my mouse wheel was working fine, but my computer got damaged and I switch my vista to windows 7 (Still using the same computer) and now my mouse wheel just stopped scrolling, I can still click it and drag up and down thought, but i can't scroll.

Can someone help me?

A:Mouse Scroll Wheel stops working after installing Windows 7 Driver

Hello WaterBottle and welcome to Seven Forums.

If you have access to another machine you could try plugging your mouse in and see if it works. If it doesn't the mouse might need replacing.

You could also make sure your mouse has the latest driver. (Although these instructions were originally written for Vista they will also work for Windows 7.)

Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/206823-mouse-scroll-wheel-stops-working-after-installing-windows-7-driver.html
Relevancy 62.78%

hi there i recently got conected to the internet so i reinstalled xp the problem im having is sound seems to after of amount random stops Sound working time stop working after a random amount of time its only noticible after restarting or opening a new program the sound dosent stop while a program is open if im watching a avi file i would have to keep he player open and use file gt open to pleay the next file but i restart the player or say start a game the sound stops after inspection xp says i dont ahve a sound device installed then after reboot it says i do have a sound device it dosent seem to be any sepcific program that loses sound iv lost sound after divx player using ie firefox antivirus if run after - of pc being on and after any game my only thoughts would be if its a virus or a reinstall sound codec problem if you have any ideas on the subject i would love to hear them any help would be apreciated Sound stops working after random amount of time nbsp

A:Sound stops working after random amount of time

I dont know how to fix it but iam haveing the same kind of problem when i try to listing to music is says wave problem or sound card problem do you know of anything??

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-stops-working-after-random-amount-of-time.26585/
Relevancy 62.78%

Past 5 weeks or so my internet connection has been having issues. Internet stops working for everything on the network. My computer (windows 7) doesn't usually say the internet is having issues during the disconnects, it says the network still has a connection to the internet, but loading a webpage in chrome gives me a DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET error. When i'm in a skype call while my internet does this, the call quality remains normal, but people in the call can't hear me, or my voice is excessively distorted. This lasts for 20-30 seconds till i drop from the call. In skype's call details it says i have BW_CRITICAL under my problems. My send packet loss also raises from 0%/0% to ~55%/360%. Just want an answer to why my internet is disconnected and how to resolve it. :/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-stops-working-at-seemingly-random-times.1155422/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased the Acer Aspire 5755G laptop for gaming purposes, for the first couple of days it worked just fine but now I'm witnessing random freezes which cause my system to crash for a moment and when it happens, I'm hearing a weird (terminator?) sound from the speakers. I overclock my GPU when I play games but I'm sure it isn't a GPU problem since this happened before I even started overclocking the GPU. I'm not sure but I think that the CPU is the main cause of my system crashing.

Specs:

Intel i5 2430M CPU (with Turbo boost)
nVidia Geforce GT 540M
8GB DDR3 1333 MHZ RAM
750 GB 5400 RPM TOSHIBA HDD
Windows 7 Home Premium x64

Hope you guys can help me out with this annoying problem

Thx!

Relevancy 62.78%

Okay this is a very odd problem What happens exactly is that at what seems a random point of of stops period working time at random Sound time usually long after the computer s Sound stops working at random period of time been turned on though a very loud buzzing and static-y sound will start playing from my speakers or headphones if they re plugged in This goes on for about seconds and then all audio cuts Oddly enough if I even try to play a sound say I press Play on a song in Winamp it won t even play the song at all almost as though it knows the sound won t work If I let a video play there s a big lag time before it starts and then it plays but without sound If I wait long enough usually about minutes the sound comes back I at first thought it might be my speakers considering they re almost years old but when I noticed this would happen to my headphones too I figured it was the sound card My sound card is a Creative SB X-Fi Any other information that you need please just tell me I hope this problem isn t as odd and uncommon as I think it is P All help is greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Sound stops working at random period of time

What are your complete system specs? Have you tried updating the sound card drivers directly from Creative's support site?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-stops-working-at-random-period-of-time.122224/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi I hope you are well and thank you in advance for your help My dad said his computers touch pad stopped working We are running working after not window a but trojan found it's by update stops mouse histo eset, in win bit with eset trojan found by eset, mouse stops working after a window update but it's not in histo smart security First the mouse wasn t working I manually uninstall and after a restart it works Then once logged in a message pops up saying windows has just updated and my option to restart now or later If I do now the mouse will not work If I don t do anything the eset picked up the following Does this mean techguy is trying to give me a virus See below AM HTTP filter archive http ad doubleclick net adj tmn techguyorg sz x ord HTML ScrInject B Gen virus connection terminated - quarantined TERRY Durham House Toshiba Threat was detected upon access to web by the application C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Everytime this computer starts I have a window asking what program do I want to use to open a file This file opened in notepad simply shows my lan wireless connection and details so I m not sure why this is happening In addition as of the past months this computer cas n no longer print I have the house wired and wireless I can see the printer in the printers but even when I go to run and connect to the computer that has the printer the response in cmd is that it cannot connect or find ping the device or ip address I give it I get the ip from my laptop but it again cannot connect only from this machine but the other at the house are fine So I m not sure what s happened to this machine but the printer won t work the mouse stops working apparently after a windows update but I cannot find any windows updates in history except for not last night or today as when this problem started I ve posted the hijackthis and dds log below Thanks for your help hopefully we can clean this and get it up and running and printing Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrotray exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x Brother ControlCenter brccMCtl exe C Program Files x Common Files microsoft shared virtualization handler cvh exe C Program Files x Common Files microsoft shared virtualization handler OfficeVirt exe C Users Durham House Toshiba Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Windows Live Messenger Companion Helper - FDDE B- F- -AB F- CBEFF - C Program Files x Windows Live Companion companioncore dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX Ac... Read more

A:trojan found by eset, mouse stops working after a window update but it's not in histo

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trojan-found-by-eset-mouse-stops-working-after-a-window-update-but-its-not-in-histo.1038900/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi I have a feeling this may be a driver error but I dont know A friend gave me a computer Os Vista x OEM I think Hardware age Age of installation not sure its my friends Might not have been reinstalled before CPU Athlon x Video Card Onboard Graphics Mobo Inspiron mobo PSU Bestec ATX P WB W System Manufacturer DELL Model No Inspiron It works perfectly fine apart from when I connect to the internet through mobile broadband Huawei E Once it connects internet explorer launches As soon as I begin using IE the computer freezes mouse will not move keyboard will not work then after mins it blue screens stop code is x I have tried to exit IE and use firefox instead this works much better but it still bluescreens just less frequently My friend brought it to a local shop who told him the usb header on the mobo is the problem and needs a new mobo and qouted him repair However I dont think this is the problem as when broadband freezes, using working mouse keyboard mobile computer stops BSOD + no other usb device gives any trouble at all And the mobile brodband dongle only crashes once it connects and the browser is launched I ran Norton antivirus super anti spyware malwarebytes antimalware BSOD when using mobile broadband computer freezes, mouse + keyboard stops working and RU Botted All I picked up was a few malwares I also ran full system diagnostic test with no problems list of installed software incase there are known issues with them Norton Antivirus Easus Partition manager thunderbird microsoft works ccleaner I dont know if any are recently installed or not Any help would be very much appreciated as I really dont know what to do with this David btw in the perfmon disk D is an extrernal Hard drive that was connected at the time so its not a problem

A:BSOD when using mobile broadband computer freezes, mouse + keyboard stops working

Okay, I ran the driver verifier

When I restarted the computer, I get the blue screen and it will not turn on
The stop error is 0x7E this time I think

I booted into safe mode and restored, then ran "verifier /query" in cmd
which returned: "No driver are acurrently verified"

I have attached the new dump file below

It must be a driver problem, what do you guys think?

Hopefully You can help me out guys

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-when-using-mobile-broadband-computer-freezes-mouse-keyboard-stops-working-595401.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi In my new HP laptop with fresh windows sometimes when I'm using sound eg listening music in media player and using skype ou browser sometimes the sound stops Checking in event viewer I found appcrash event logs The sound drivers is times Sound working (Audiodg.exe appcrash) random stops updated and windows too I downgraded the audio Sound stops working random times (Audiodg.exe appcrash) drivers too but problem persists Nome do Log Application Fonte Application Error Data Identifica o do Evento Categoria da Tarefa N vel Erro Palavras-chave Cl ssico Usu rio N D Computador computer name Descri o Nome do aplicativo com Sound stops working random times (Audiodg.exe appcrash) falha AUDIODG EXE vers o carimbo de data hora x b Nome do m dulo com falha ntdll dll vers o carimbo de data hora x f C digo de exce o xc Deslocamento da falha x f d ID do processo com falha x c Hora de in cio do aplicativo com falha x cf f f f d Caminho do aplicativo com falha C Windows system AUDIODG EXE Caminho do m dulo com falha C Windows SYSTEM ntdll dll ID do Relat rio dd ba f - b b- e -be - c fdfac Nome completo do pacote com falha ID do aplicativo relativo ao pacote com falha XML de Evento lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Application Error quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt computer name lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt AUDIODG EXE lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt b lt Data gt lt Data gt ntdll dll lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt f lt Data gt lt Data gt c lt Data gt lt Data gt f d lt Data gt lt Data gt c lt Data gt lt Data gt cf f f f d lt Data gt lt Data gt C Windows system AUDIODG EXE lt Data gt lt Data gt C Windows SYSTEM ntdll dll lt Data gt lt Data gt dd ba f - b b- e -be - c fdfac lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Nome do Log Application Fonte Windows Error Reporting Data Identifica o do Evento Categoria da Tarefa Nenhum N vel Informa es Palavras-chave Cl ssico Usu rio N D Computador computer name Descri o Falha no bucket tipo Nome do Evento APPCRASH Resposta N o dispon vel ID do CAB Assinatura do problema P AUDIODG EXE P P b P ntdll dll P P f P c P f d P P Arquivos anexados C Windows ServiceProfiles LocalService AppData Local WERDE tmp WERInternalMetadata xml C Windows ServiceProfiles LocalService AppData Local WERDF tmp secure hdmp C Windows ServiceProfiles LocalService AppData Local WERE F tmp secure dmp Esses arquivos podem estar dispon veis em C ProgramData Microsoft Windows WER ReportQueue AppCrash AUDIODG EXE d e c d e da c e a c ba cab bb e a S mbolo da an lise Verificando novamente solu o ID do Relat rio dd ba f - b b- e -be - c fdfac Status do Relat rio Bucket com hash XML de Evento lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Windows Error Reporting quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt computer name lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt APPCRASH lt Data gt lt Data gt N o dispon vel lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt AUDIODG EXE lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt b lt Data gt lt Data gt ntdll dll lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt f lt Data gt lt Data gt c lt Data gt lt Data gt f d lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt C Windows ServiceProfiles LocalService AppData Local WERDE tmp WERIntern... Read more

A:Sound stops working random times (Audiodg.exe appcrash)

I'm a computer enthusiast since a kid in the early 80s, and I often help a lot on forums, and the number of times that downgrading anything has been a good thing to do is probably less than 3 or 4 (besides going back to 7 lol - kidding - 8 is same stability). It's so common to see that advice, so I don't blame you.

It's probably antivirus or some driver issue.

If you run the tool in Brink's thread then post the results here, we'll get it good.

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/39497-sound-stops-working-random-times-audiodg-exe-appcrash.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello I have as I see it a very unique problem with Sound of Card (Driver?) time amount random working stops after my computer I turn my computer on and sound works I can turn on winamp play music etc But after random amount of time my sound driver just disappears when go to Control Panel and Sound and Audio Devices it says I have no driver sound Sound Card (Driver?) stops working after random amount of time card Funny thing is when I open winamp at the beginning when it works it continues to play music even when it already says I have no sound I can even add more stuff to winamp but ONCE I turn it off It wont open again because I have no sound drivers The amount of time before this happens varies once it was hour and a half but not it was only minutes Of course Im still listening to music because I havent turned off winamp yet although any other program I start after the malfunction sound wont work with it I tried to reinstall my drivers but I couldnt find a way how to remove everything from Device manager under quot Sound Audio and Gaming Devices quot but nothing changed When I removed what I could windows found it as new hardware but didnt want to install new drivers since quot the latest possible version is installed quot Sound of course wasnt working until I installed drivers I downloaded from the net but then it just returned to where it is now Also right now device manager tells me everything runs ok but quot Sound quot in Control Panel says I have no drivers I have no idea what this is and I want to use system reinstall as last resort so please could anyone help me here or give any ideas Either how to really remove sound drivers so I can put brand new ones in or anything else that would come on your mind I am using Win XP with i guess SP on an ASUS F T laptop my sound card is onboard Realtek HD the system runs for year and a half without formatting I would really appreciate any help possible and I thank you forwardly ne gen nbsp

A:Sound Card (Driver?) stops working after random amount of time

You may be infected with a virus or other malware. What protection are you running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-card-driver-stops-working-after-random-amount-of-time.125201/
Relevancy 58.05%

My pc specs IBuyPower computer custom built Windows working Internet THEN stops explore windows working, stops home premium bit Amd fx core processor Graphics Amd Radeon Hd xlr edition gb ram tb hdd AsRock motherboard Antivirus Panda cloud and Avast antivirus THE PROBLEM My usual browser is google chrome but lately exactly a week ago the Internet stopped working after a while NOTE PREVIOUS POSTS HAVEN T WORKED NOR FIXED MY PROBLEM PLEASE KEEP READING The Internet service stops working as if someone just unpluged my ethernet cable And minutes or seconds after that my windows explorer stops working taskbar and the entire system stops working I can still change windows with the keyboard shortcut but nothing else from there The ohly way my Internet and pc works fine is by safe mode with networking SOLVING THE PROBLEM I already tried to search for viruses Internet stops working, THEN windows explore stops working or malware by cmd with the quot -r -h -s quot and the quot scannow quot methods but nothing Already searched for viruses with boith of my antiviruses panda Internet stops working, THEN windows explore stops working and avast I have no saved point to reboot my system to a past saved poiht the last saved point is the same day that my pc stopped working SPECULATIONS OF THE PROBLEM Long ago I disconnected the side panel from the pc box which includes a fan and lately my pc temp have raised up to when before it was around the s or s The days this problem started I wasn t home and a blackout happened while my pc was still on nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

Hello everyone,

For the second time within the past two weeks I've had quite an annoying problem regarding my left mouse button on my synaptics pointing device, all of a sudden the left mouse button will stop working. The right mouse button and the rest of the touchpad will work apart from being able to click the LMB function. I've had this happen once before quite a few months ago but thought nothing of it at the time. This occurs for around half a minute to sometimes a minute before returning to normal and being able to use the LMB. I am using a Lenovo Z580 if that is any help to anyone.

I have tried searching around the internet for any information regarding this problem but I have not been able to find any solution or information connected to my issue.

Thank you in advance!

A:Left Mouse Button - Stops working from time to time.

Hello LO mate when you click the button do you hear an audible click from inside the mouse it could be something as simple as a stuck micro switch.

Also if it is a wired one check the USB contacts too - in the plug and socket. You can clean them gently with a strip (about 5 mm with the corners rounded off) of old credit card with some lint free cloth around the end of it moistened very lightly with some alcohol

By the way just how old is the mouse?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/279066-left-mouse-button-stops-working-time-time.html
Relevancy 57.19%

My USB keyboard and USB mouse stop working at the same time at random times.

The only working workaround for now is to plug them to another free USB ports.
Checked event logs ...

Attached is the export from Event log UserPnp events are the only that appear during this issue.
(zipped file)

A:USB Keyboard and mouse stop working at the same time at random times

Hi sekac, Welcome to Seven forums.

Try to update the drivers of the keyboard and mouse. Plug in different keyboard and mouse and check if the issue still persist. And when you say they hang, does the PC hangs as well?

To be on safer side. Run a memtest. Here's how. RAM - Test with Memtest86+

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/318253-usb-keyboard-mouse-stop-working-same-time-random-times.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I recently started getting very annoying problem. Firefox or other program stops responding and alt+ctrl+del stops working at the same time so I have to reboot. It happens quite often.

What I did already:
*Maybe virus? Full boot time system scan with Avast anti-virus. Nothing found.
*Oh well reinstall windows again... Yes, I did that too. Still same problem BUT ONLY after small break like two days or so.
And most confusing thing is that full screen programs like games do not seem to stop responding. Still, they BSOD like after few hours, but I do not think it is related. Like heavy load or something.

My system details hopefully in my forum profile, at least filled them recently.

So any other ideas how I can fix that?

A:Program stops responding and alt+ctrl+del stops working

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
Please post this info
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

Browsers well you might switch off gpu acceleration might help
What other programs are crashing or freezing it's usually a driver issue or Avast up to it's old tricks
Uninstall properly Avast and switch to Panda.
https://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility

If you're oc'ing your gpu or anything else restore to default.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/384131-program-stops-responding-alt-ctrl-del-stops-working.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello,

All of a sudden, I've begun having strange mouse lag in short bursts (maybe once a second), sometimes followed by a beep.

After digging around, I found someone's solution (Keyboard / Mouse lag constant beeping Windows 7 and 8 Fix!! ~ EvonsDesigns) and tried changing the settings but nothing worked.

However, I noticed something strange: the mouse lag stops completely when I open the "make the mouse easier to use" setting page, but as soon as I exit out of that page, no matter how I changed the settings, it comes right back?

How can I stop this? It's obviously not a hardware issue.

A:Mouse lag which stops when I'm in the mouse accessability settings

bump

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/29795-mouse-lag-stops-when-im-mouse-accessability-settings.html
Relevancy 49.88%

My mouse is acting weird, quite frequently it just stops working and to make it work i have to plugg it in and out. i got an logitech mx500 and i don't think it's the driver.
My Keyboard is also having problems, stoping at random wich led me to belive it was a usb problem (both are connected in the usb). but i don't know how to solve it.
I just got a new computer with windows xp pro, and USB 2.0. i run sp2 and my keyboard and mouse were bought seperatly with 2 different drivers.

ty for you time

A:Mouse stops

Time to try the PS/2 connections, unless of course you got a Dell without them!
USB is controlled by the CPU, so gets a lot more interference from other programs that are running, incl. Windoze itself.
Try running the mouse with the Windows built-in driver, it's quite good. Who needs all those Logitech functions anyway?
I have the MX700 on PS/2 with XP-Pro standard drivers. Works like a charm.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-stops.47838/
Relevancy 49.88%

For no apparent reason the mouse stops. When I click on an object the is no response and the keyboard at the same time stops?.I have wait a few moments 5-30 seconds it will start again..l.there is no warning that it going happen?.went to Dell and download drivers no go one that. Every now and then when I click I get an hour glass, not to often on that?.my wife who just got the new upgrade and it seems to do that(cheap mouse} my unit is a MS and I had no problem until the upgrade.
Has any body else had the same problem???

A:My mouse stops

Have you tried any other mouse both a wireless and a wired one to see if it makes any difference. Also just in case if it's wireless have you tried to replace the batteries which can be easy to overlook

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/63577-my-mouse-stops.html
Relevancy 49.88%

ok starting today my mouse just stops moving. It makes a noise like windows is detecting a new device, it stops working, then the sound plays again and it starts working. It seems to happend at random times too. I've changed the USB slot around. I got SP2 thinking it might do something, doens't cahnge anything. I have the newest driver too, so i dunno whats wrong.

BTW, my mouse is an optical Microsoft Blue.

A:Mouse stops

Try the mouse on another computer if possible. That should narrow the problem down.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mouse-stops-14279.html
Relevancy 49.45%

So recently the sound on my desktop and my laptop has stopped working For seemingly no reason I really don't understand it I first noticed it with my desktop The sound just randomly stopped Sound Randomly Desktop and on Laptop Stops Working Working and working But not entirely It's really strange Sound on Laptop and Desktop Randomly Stops Working and Working and complicated what's been happening so bare with me while I try to explain it as best I can PC First time sound stopped working on PC Restarted computer sound came back no issues Second time I woke up to find VLC frozen Sound wasn't working I restarted VLC No sound Found out that there was no sound on the computer at all When I'd try to increase the volume on VLC it would only change within an interval of ten percent So it was at percent initially Would not let me go below but not above Sound didn't work anyway Restarted sound returned VLC working fine Third time I was playing Dragon Age Inquisition Sound worked fine using my headset Turtle Beach Went to speakers to lay down and watch some shows on VLC No sound on speakers Switched to Turtle Beach again sound returned Restarted VLC now suddenly no sound on VLC OR speakers Had to restart computer no issues after restart Laptop First time sound stopped working used the quot disable audio and reenable audio driver quot didn't solve anything Restarted sound came back Sound stopped working again same day restarted sound came back The next time I restarted the audio driver Realtek and then I shut down Explorer and then restarted explorer via the task manager Audio started working again Did same steps today sound not working Will have to of course restart my laptop One thing I noticed If there is something currently playing the sound won't go out for it even if sound goes out elsewhere So I had VLC running constantly and I could hear the sound from VLC while suddenly the sounds from everything else on the computer stopped working However once I restarted VLC sound stopped Only until restarting the computer or waiting for it to work again does the sound come back Other Info I find it weird that this is something happening to both my desktop and laptop at the same time I did a malware bytes sweep of my desktop found nothing Drivers are up-to-date My desktop is custom built I can't remember the MOBO right now but it's only a couple years old The laptop is about or years old at this point The computer seems to recognize that speakers are hooked up but when I would try and do tests it would say it cant' do sound tests So it HAS to be a driver problem it seems and not a MOBO issue Especially since my desktop the sound comes via USB

A:Sound on Laptop and Desktop Randomly Stops Working and Working

Update: I'm not at home to test my PC, but I think I discovered the issue. It seems to possibly be a glitch or something with flash player.

After watching an episode of Daily Show on Hulu, I went back to Tumblr and saw that a video didn't have sound, and then all sound on my computer was suddenly gone. I then tried something out, and shut down flashplayer. That temporarily brought sound back.

But it quickly went away.

Then I shut down Firefox and flash player entirely, and sound comes back even when Flash Player comes up.

What could cause this?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/355109-sound-laptop-desktop-randomly-stops-working-working.html
Relevancy 49.02%

My problem is the mouse won't move to a precise location (such as trying to close a window). It's only momentary, but irritating. If I need to move it to the left or right horizintally, it won't budge until the program I'm in stops whatever it's doing. I suspect a resource conflict? Just cleaned mouse. Have win98, AMD 750, 128 Meg. Maybe I need a new mouse. It's about 2 years old.

Marianne

Relevancy 49.02%

hi everyone

sometimes when I scroll down with my mouse it stops scrolling, if I press esc. button or the down arrow it starts to scroll.
I am using an external mouse, but it happens with the mouse on the keyboard and if I try with another mouse
it does the same thing.

Can anyone help with this problem

Regards Calmat

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/65231-mouse-stops-scrolling.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello.
My pc is troubling me.
It slows down, mouse pointer is stuck in its position for a while but it seems to be moving as i move the device because of the rollover effect as it pass by in its apparent location.task manager shows 50% activity in one of the processors.
i am using photoshop, ms office softwares, picassa, acdsee.
i have not installed any software, added any device or driver, modify any setting.i dont have internet in my pc either.
it just started to behave that way.
please help. any instructions on how to fix this problem will be highly appreciated.
thanks!

A:Help, pc slows mouse stops

did you overclock your system?

were you ever on the internet?

what antivirus do you have?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-pc-slows-mouse-stops-322181.html
Relevancy 49.02%

If I try and make a selection using the mouse it stops selection Mouse works for up to Mouse selection stops about seconds and then it is as if I had released the mouse button I have stopped every application running but it still stops after a short period I use Photoshop a lot and it is very frustrating Initially I thought it was a Photoshop problem but now I notice if I try and select a part of a Word document the selection stops after a short period making it impossible to select an area of text I suspect there is a programme running in the background which interrupts the mouse programme I have looked in 'Procexp' to see what is running but it is difficult to catch an offending programme I have also used 'what's my computer doing ' while selecting an area of the desktop The two programmes running at the time it stops are 'explorer' and 'avgui exe' I can suspend explorer but can no longer select an area and I cannot suspend avgui exe I have updated the Logitech software but no difference I have deleted the Logitech software and relied on the basic Win HID mouse software Same problem I am getting really frustrated HELP

A:Mouse selection stops

Not a lot of information to go on so could you answer the following please?

Are you on a laptop or desktop?
Do you have any other input device like a tablet or drawing pad that could be conflicting?
Does the mouse need a new battery or a recharge?
Is it a wireless mouse and are you getting interference from some other device?

Just a few thoughts to start troubleshooting...

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/43510-mouse-selection-stops.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a Microsoft Wheel mouse optical. After using for a short time it just freezes, sumtimes i hear the dissconnect beep but sumtimes i dont. I wonder if this is a driver problem, i dl'ed the microsoft mouse thing and that didnt seem to help. I really need help cause i cant play my games without a working mouse . Im running win xp pro and can comnnect the mouse via usb or ps2, i dont care whihc i have to use to get it workin.

Relevancy 49.02%

hi my mouse is on a mad one pretty much everytime i use my computer, when i open a program or just when windows is starting up the pointer will just stop but its moving in the background cos when i push to where the start button is, it highlights indicating the mouse is overhead. i changed the settings so when i press Ctrl a ring pops up showing where the pointer should be but its doing my head in now so if anyone has any ideas it would be much appreciated

A:Mouse Pointer Just Stops

Most likely a video driver or a mouse driver issue - try updating them to see if that fixes it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/73337/mouse-pointer-just-stops/
Relevancy 49.02%

i have a microsoft optical usb mouse and up until about 2 days ago it had been working perfectly. Now it stops responding for some unknown reason.

ive tried unplugging it and then plugging it back in but this doesnt always work and more often than not after plugging the mouse back into the usb plug the base of the mouse doesnt light up.

Has anyone else struck this problem? or know how to fix it?

Thanks,

edit: btw im using windows xp pro if that helps.

A:mouse stops responding

First of all, are you plugging directly to the machine or to a hub? I've seen some issues with hubs and some devices not always recognizing properly.....intermittent life yours. Also, have you tried a different USB port on the machine? As well, have you tried another USB mouse to see if it reacts in similiar fashion?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-stops-responding.13491/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a problem with my HP pavilion A WB computer s mouse A few months after I got it the mouse would just stop responding Everything else would be okay there was no spyware I had firewall antivirus support and nothing else would freeze The keyboard would work and Stops Everything -- Else Okay Responding Mouse the mouse actually works if you press the right click button to pull up a menu on the Mouse Stops Responding -- Everything Else Okay desktop It s just stuck in the center of my screen and will not move It s a standard -button mouse with a scroll wheel a ball and a Mouse Stops Responding -- Everything Else Okay cord I cleaned the ball gently the wheels inside the core that the ball Mouse Stops Responding -- Everything Else Okay moves and even tried manually moving them to see if the mouse would respond It didn t I tried purchasing a new mouse that plugged into the same PS- port not USB that was a laser optical wireless It was fine at first but the same problem cropped up only a few hours or a day or so later I just uninstalled the optical mouse returned to the mouse the HP computer came with and uninstalled the mouse drivers for it then rebooted It reinstalled the drivers for me but still the same problem What can I do to fix this I m going to go purchase a new mouse tomorrow and hope this works but I really don t understand what s causing the problem

A:Mouse Stops Responding -- Everything Else Okay

Have you checked the Event Viewer for errors related to the mouse, or any hardware or application?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/61568/mouse-stops-responding-everything-else-okay/
Relevancy 49.02%

Ok, this problem just happened now and i dont know why but once in a while, the mouse just suddenly stops responding. The light in the mouse appears but it wont respond!! Right now it works but it might happen again. Please help. thanks

A:Mouse suddenly stops...

Mouse problem

If you have wireless mouse, check the batteries are good.
If you have a wired mouse, can you try a different one, to test if the wire has broken inside the lead ? If you use a mouse mat, try using a different one with a white colour surface, (not a colour picture on it).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-suddenly-stops.153463/
Relevancy 49.02%

hello , my mouse pointer just freezes wen i boot into win xp . but it works fine on win 7 (i hav a dual boot between xp and 7 ) . I have tried reinstalling drivers , updating , last known good configuration nd just everything . still it does not work on xp but works fine on win 7. mine is a PS/2 optical mouse (wired not wireless) . even if i right clicking the desktop position wer it stands freezed , nothing happens , plz help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-stops-workin-in-only-one-os.843078/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey guys, i'm stumped.

Laptop Info:
Toshiba Satellite L75D-A7283
Windows 8.1

Track pad doesn't work. All started randomly one day when I started the laptop up. Just didn't work. Now the keyboard will stop  working after about 10 minutes.
Things I've tried:
FN Key  + F5 (enable/disable trackpad)
Double tapping the top left corner of track pad.
Uninstalled all trackpad drivers, restarted, let windows install drivers.
Uninstalled all trackpad drivers, restarted, installed Toshiba Drivers
Checked BIOS for disabled Trackpad.
Lastly, reinstalled windows 8.

I got nothing. I'm stuck.
Any suggestions?

Picture of error; http://i.imgur.com/jTMau9y.png

A:Laptop trackpad not working. Keyboard stops working.

Ruhhh rohhhh. No one has any ideas?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541993/laptop-trackpad-not-working-keyboard-stops-working/
Relevancy 48.59%

For quite awhile I've been encountering a mouse pointer problem on my PC Windows and its driving me nuts because it never happened while I was on Windows The cursor occassionally or randomly stops moving when I Mouse stops pointer randomly move the mouse consistently Demonstration http i imgur com Mouse pointer randomly stops kbZJx gifv In the demonstration I moved my mouse consistently towards right but cursor stops moving at few instances while my mouse is still moving To put this into what it feels like it feels like something is pulling or stopping the cursor randomly if cursor is stuck it won't move if I move the mouse less than mm in all directions but it will move if I move the mouse greater than mm in all directions Sometimes it happens more often and sometimes it happens less My mouse is Logitech G I believe my Mouse pointer randomly stops mouse has no problem because I tried it with my laptop Same OS and Mouse driver and it worked perfectly fine My mouse driver don't need update HID-compliant mouse My GPU driver don't need update NVIDIA I don't have Logitech Gaming Software installed I tried different USB ports or and it makes no difference The problem still happens in safe mode Reinstalling Windows shall be my last resort Any suggestions

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/50781-mouse-pointer-randomly-stops.html
Relevancy 48.59%

First let me say that my Win installation is working perfectly - except for one minor problem I am currently booting Win 7 stops Microsoft mouse using a Logitech wired keyboard together with a Microsoft quot Natural quot wireless laser mouse I prefer to use a Microsoft wireless Microsoft mouse stops Win 7 booting laser mouse and this is where the problem starts If I connect this mouse while Microsoft mouse stops Win 7 booting Win is running it installs the drivers and works perfectly When I reboot the system gets through all it's POST checks then goes to quot Starting Windows quot and freezes The only solution is to change the mouse to any other I've borrowed several to try and Windows boots as normal All the correct Microsoft drivers are loaded The problem mouse works on other computers just not mine Please don't get me wrong this is not a life threatening matter and if I can't find an answer I won't exactly be heart broken I'm just curious is all Any replies will be gratefully acknowledged

A:Microsoft mouse stops Win 7 booting

Have you tried uninstalling all the drivers you downloaded and removing all the drivers in Device Manager?

Maybe the generic drivers will work better.

Hope this helps,
~JK

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/58728-microsoft-mouse-stops-win-7-booting.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I recently got a new Asus F FS laptop with Vista Home Premium Bit installed on it and it has worked flawlessly for about a week now But now I get this problem randomly When Im doing just about anything my mouse becomes unable to click anything Windows will still recognize where it is on the screen Showing hidden task bar highlighting objects etc but whenever I try to right click the window Im clicking on goes gray Its as if I m clicking a transparent window that stops me from clicking but objects under stops click. able Mouse being (Vista) to it are still being highlighted I found that when I started my laptop with my wired mouse plugged in the mouse wouldn t move for neither my touch pad nor the mouse But when I start it up with the mouse unplugged the touch pad would work fine If I plugged in the mouse It would also work fine but it would later cut out anywhere from seconds to hours I have seem to remedy it somehow When I Ctrl Alt Del I am able to click task manager and start it up but then it just happen later on Its incredibly annoying having to stop everything and try and fix my mouse at random times Thanks for reading Ive gotten help here before I know you guys know your stuff Keep up the good work nbsp

A:(Vista) Mouse stops being able to click.

It just happened twice just now right after I posted. It seems in firefox, that my mouse will go to the round scroll-er and start scrolling like crazy whenever I drag my mouse across the screen.

Just my luck, the asus drivers don't work on windows 7, yet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-mouse-stops-being-able-to-click.863104/
Relevancy 48.59%

I built a computer installed Vista Ultimate specs below Hardware has worked fine for two weeks Two days ago I got the blue screen of death restarted the computer and the mouse stopped working I was using a wireless mouse keyboard set made by Microsoft I changed the batteries restarted the computer still didn't work I tested another wireless mouse that I own that didn't work Tried a USB wired mouse that didn't work Anyone had any 64-bit Vista Mouse Stops functioning in problems like this Needless to say this is very frustrating as my computer is sitting idle useless at the moment -ASUS P Mouse Stops functioning in Vista 64-bit N -E SLI Plus LGA NVIDIA nForce i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard -PNY Mouse Stops functioning in Vista 64-bit VCG GXPB GeForce GT MB GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Video Card -SAMSUNG SpinPoint T Series HD LJ GB RPM SATA Gb s Hard Drive -Intel Core Duo E Conroe GHz LGA Processor Model BX E -Patriot eXtreme Performance GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model PDC G ELK

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/mouse-stops-functioning-in-vista-64-bit-170206.html