Windows Support Forum

I can't access secure websites

Q: I can't access secure websites

Whenever I try to access any site that has https I get 'Cannot find server or DNS error'. I've tried turning the firewall off, adding port 443 to it, turning pop up blockers off, running ad aware and spybot s&d, deleting cookies, TIF files, and clearing history with no luck. There have been 2 secure sites which I could access through https (bestbuy.com and amazon.com), but no others. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: I can't access secure websites

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: I can't access secure websites

Welcome to TSF,

Have you tried to add these sites to the exemption lists in the Firewall and IE Security?

Do you have a pop-up blocker switched on? If so, try turning it off whilst you gain access to the sites.

I used to have trouble with my Internet Banking sites until I did both of these things.

Try them and see what happens.

Post back with your results.

Kind Regards,

Dave T.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/i-cant-access-secure-websites-99728.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I cannot login to my credit union however I can login to my credit card and email. I have tried both Internet Explorer and Google chrome. I contacted my credit union and they are not having any problems with their system and they do not show that I have been trying to login so I have not been locked out. I have googled this question and tried suggestions that I feel comfortable with such as deleting history & cache, disabling pop-ups, and adding trusted website. I'm computer retard but follow directions well so please be specific. If I have not given enough information, I apologize but being computer retarded prevents me from know what information is important. I have a Dell laptop running Windows 7. This is the error I get,

"We are temporarily experiencing technical difficulties; try again later. If the problem persists contact us. (error code: 21090)"

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/495890/cannot-access-online-banking-website-but-can-access-other-secure-websites/
Relevancy 73.53%

I've found several posts on this subject, but the thread was closed to comment.
I tried the dll installs that were meticulously typed into the posts, but it did not
fix the problem. (I had an error in one of them, so perhaps it was this
that prevented access to secure websites-- email, etc.)

soooooooo..............
I reinstalled Windows SP3 updates and it fixed the problem.

I've found it useful to have a saved copy of SP1, SP2, SP3 on a memory stick
if ever I need to reinstall XP or if files become corrupted.

A:Can't access secure websites

Congratulations.

Things like this can be very aggravating.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-access-secure-websites.142494/
Relevancy 73.53%

This has only been a problem for a few days...
When I try to pay for things via paypal, or other secure pay sites (have tried several) the secure pay page won't load - it just seems to take ages to load and then doesn't, leaving me with a blank screen, which says 'done' at the bottom.

The same thing happening on the other computer upstairs - perhaps this is more of a router/cable problem?

Been helped before by you guys, so hoping this can help resolve the problem, thanks!

milajayne

A:can't access 'secure pay' websites.

please do this

Click Here to download IEdll.zip. Save it to your desktop.
Right click on IEdll.zip click on Extract all.
Go to the extracted files and double click on IEdll.bat
Follow the prompts.
It will tell you when it is done.
When finished please restart your computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/cant-access-secure-pay-websites-253514.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi guys, Wondering if someone can help.

Recently i have been struggling to access my hotmail account, e.g when i got to www.hotmail.com it says the page cannot be found. I thought this problem was specific for this site but on further investigation, it looks like i get the same message for all https:// sites via Internet explorer version 7.

I have done all a couple of the usual things to try and solve this problem i.e:

Deleted all temp internet files / cookies
Enabled all SSL and TLS settings on the secuirty tab
checked the cipher strength is 128 bit
Cleared the SSL state
Diasabled all firewalls inc windows

I can access all other sites (http://) with no problem. I also have a laptop on the same network that has no problems accessing https://.

Can anyone help?

A:Cannot access secure (SSL) websites

Try the VeriSign Browser Test and tell us what it determines.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-access-secure-ssl-websites.642706/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hello Please help me correct my problem Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files McAfee McAfee Privacy Service GUARDDOG EXEC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files McAfee McAfee Privacy Service GUARDDOG EXEC WINDOWS System Ati evxx exec PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exeC PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MPFSERVICE exeC PROGRA McAfee SPAMKI MSKSrvr exec PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exec progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exec program files mcafee com agent mcagent exeC WINDOWS System atiptaxx exeC or MSN Cannot secure access websites PROGRA EzButton CPATR EXEC Program Files Apoint K Apoint exeC Program Files TOSHIBA E-KEY CeEKey exeC WINDOWS System CePMTray exeC Program Files TOSHIBA TouchPadNF TPTray exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC PROGRA McAfee SPAMKI MskAgent exeC Program Files McAfee McAfee Shared Components Guardian CMGrdian exeC PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfTray exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files Apoint K Apntex exeC WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W Cannot access secure websites or MSN X E FATI EA EXEC Program Cannot access secure websites or MSN Files Messenger msmsgs exeC PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfAgent exec PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS netje exeC Program Files Cannot access secure websites or MSN Internet Explorer iexplore exec progra mcafee com vso mcvsftsn exeC toshiba ivp ism ivpsvmgr exeC Hijackthis HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL res C WINDOWS system oezcs dll sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar res C WINDOWS system oezcs dll sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page res C WINDOWS system oezcs dll sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant res C WINDOWS system oezcs dll sp html R - Default URLSearchHook is missingO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocxO - BHO no name - C CD-B - ABD- -A E EA - C WINDOWS wingi dllO - BHO McAfee Privacy Service Helper Object - cc b ee - - d - a - b d c b - C Program Files McAfee McAfee Privacy Service GDIEHELP DLLO - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dllO - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocxO - HKLM Run ATIModeChange Ati mdxx exeO - HKLM Run AtiPTA atiptaxx exeO - HKLM Run SoundFusion RunDll cwaprops cpl CrystalControlWndO - HKLM Run CPATR C PROGRA EzButton CPATR EXEO - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exeO - HKLM Run CeEKey exe C Program Files TOSHIBA E-KEY CeEKey exeO - HKLM Run CeEPOWER C WINDOWS System CePMTray exeO - HKLM Run TPNF C Program Files TOSHIBA TouchPadNF TPTray exeO - HKLM Run Pinger c toshiba ivp ism pinger exe runO - HKLM Run TSysSMon c toshiba sysstability tsyssmon exe detectO - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA mcafee com agent McUpdate exeO - HKLM Run MSKAGENTEXE C PROGRA McAfee SPAMKI MskAgent exeO - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe quot checktaskO - HKLM Run McAfee Guardian C Program Files McAfee McAfee Shared Components Guardian CMGrdian exe SUO - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exeO - HKLM Run VirusScan Online quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe quot O - HKLM Run MSKDetectorExe C PROGRA McAfee SPAMKI MSKDetct exe startupO - HKLM Run MPFTray C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfTray exeO - HKLM ... Read more

A:Cannot access secure websites or MSN

Welcome marinewife to Bleeping Computer.Please read this post completely, it may make it easier for you if you copy and paste this post to a new text document or print it for reference later.***This will likely be a few step process in removing the malware that has infected your system. I encourage you to stick with it and follow my directions as closely as possible so as to avoid complicating the problem further.You have a CoolWebSearch infection. First we will need to download a few tools that will help us in the removal of your problem.***Download about:buster by RubbeRDuckY.Download CWShredder.Download CleanUp! here or here.Save all of these files somewhere you will remember like to the Desktop.***Download HosterUnzip it to a convenient place and open the program.Choose "Restore Original Hosts" and press "OK". Close the program.***Run the CleanUp! installer. You dont need to do anything with it right now.***Update About:BusterUnzip the contents of AboutBuster.zip and an AboutBuster directory will be created.Navigate to the AboutBuster directory and double-click on AboutBuster.exe.Click "OK" at the prompt with instructions.Click "Update" and then "Check For Update" to begin the update process.If any updates exist please download them by clicking "Download Update" then click the X to close that window.Now close About:Buster***Update CWShredderOpen CWShredder and click I AGREEClick Check For UpdateClose CWShredder***Boot into Safe Mode:Restart your computer and as soon as it starts booting up again continuously tap F8. A menu should come up where you will be given the option to enter Safe Mode.***Please run About:Buster:Click Start and then OK to allow AboutBuster to scan for Alternate Data Streams.Click Yes to allow it to shutdown explorer.exe.It will begin to check your computer for malicious files. If it asks if you would like to do a second pass, allow it to do so.When it has finished, click Save Log. Make sure you save it as I may need a copy of it later.Reboot your computer into safe mode againRun about:buster again following the same instructions as above, this time without the restart at the end.***Run CWShredder. Click I Agree, then Fix and then Next, let it fix everything it asks about. ***Double click the file cleanup.Go to optionSelect ?custom?Put a check to:* Cookies* Prefetch* Temp* All users.Press 'cleanup!'Once it's done, press Close.Let the system reboot.***Please run an on-line virus scan at Kaspersky OnLine Scan or if that doesnt work, you can use TrendMicro or BitDefender. (Please post the results of the scan(s) in your next reply)After all that, please post back with how things went as well as the logs requested and a new HiJackThis log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/21771/cannot-access-secure-websites-or-msn/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi all I m experiencing a problem where certain sites are being blocked by something on websites in certain/secure browsers Access all blocked to my PC This Access to certain/secure websites blocked in all browsers happens to the same sites in both IE and Firefox I ve tried disabling all windows firewall and PC-cillin software I also ran through some suggestions which you can see in the thread in Web amp Email link below A guy there suggested I try this forum as it appears to be a security issue http forums techguy org web-email -odd-content-filter-firewall-issue- html For an example of the problem I can get access to http hub ebay co uk buy just fine But I cannot access www ebay co uk Similarly I can t access sites like online banking expedia etc There s a hijackthis log below if that helps I ve also run Ewido across the system to wipe out spyware of which there were a few bits Cheers Gav Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C Program Files NETGEAR WG v WinDomainlogon exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PcCtlCom exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PcScnSrv exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN Tmntsrv exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN TmPfw exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN tmproxy exe C Program Files NETGEAR WG v WinDomainlogon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C WINDOWS ALCMTR EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files TomTom HOME TomTomHOME exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN pccguide exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Cloudmark SpamNet OE snoe exe C Program Files NETGEAR WG v wlancfg exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice BIN C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PCCMAIN EXE C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PccVScan exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Personal folders Downloads HiJackThis v exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run TomTomHOME exe quot C Program Files TomTom HOME TomTomHOME exe quot -s O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run P P Networking C WINDOWS system P P Networking P P Networking exe AUTOSTART O - HKLM Run pccguide exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN pccguide exe O - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User Default user O - Startup OpenOffice org lnk C Program Files OpenOffice org program quickstart exe O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-to-certain-secure-websites-blocked-in-all-browsers.572834/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hey guys,

I am new here - hello.

I am desperately trying to sort out a problem I have with my computer and I really hope that somebody here will be able to help me.

I am a AOL user, using McAfee for my firewall and have a wireless router.

For some reason I am not able to access secured websites (e.g. Paypal, I-tunes, etc). As soon as I type in my password, the system just ignores it and nothing happens. It used to work before, but 2 weeks ago it started on a gfew websites and now it's getting worse.

I have already cleared all my cache, history, etc and disconnected my Firewall, but nothing seems to help.

Is somebody able to help me - it's much appreciated!!!

Thanks, Martin

A:Can not access Secure websites (AOL / McAffee / Wirless Router)

Have you seen this checklist?http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/41067/cant-access-secure-sites/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/289317/can-not-access-secure-websites-aol-mcaffee-wirless-router/
Relevancy 70.52%

I websites! Buffer to Overrun Unable secure access detected, m unable to access any secure websites Buffer Overrun detected Explorer exe The message states that a buffer overrun has been detected which Buffer Overrun detected, Unable to access secure websites! has corrupted the program s internal state The program cannot safely continue execution and must now be terminated Here are the HijackThis Logs - Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files VPNremote for Windows XP AvVpnService exe C WINDOWS system enstart exe C PROGRA NETWOR MCAFEE FireSvc exe C WINDOWS system Hummingbird Connectivity Inetd inetd exe C WINDOWS system QosServM exe C WINDOWS system Hummingbird Connectivity Jconfig jconfigdNT exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework FrameworkService exe C WINDOWS system Hummingbird Connectivity Jconfig hjavaw exe C Program Files Java jre bin javaw exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise VsTskMgr exe C Program Files Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe C WINDOWS system IoctlSvc exe C WINDOWS system CCM CLICOMP RemCtrl Wuser exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Common Files Network Associates TalkBack TBMon exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C PROGRA NETWOR MCAFEE Firetray exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise SHSTAT EXE C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Communicator Communicator exe C Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NMIndexingService exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Spark Spark exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http enterpriseportal avaya com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http enterpriseportal avaya com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer nj proxy avaya com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost dr avaya com dal avaya com itss avaya com O - HKLM Run BluetoothAuthenticationAgent rundll exe bthprops cpl BluetoothAuthenticationAgent O - HKLM Run Network Associates Error Reporting Service quot C Program Files Common Files Network Associates TalkBack TBMon exe quot O - HKLM Run ConfigMM quot C Program Files Avaya Modular Messaging Client configMM vbs quot O - HKLM Run Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp stsystra exe O - HKLM Run igfxtray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run igfxpers C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run DLA C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE O - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE ISUSPM exe -startup O - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -start O - HKLM Run McAfeeFireTray C PROGRA NETWOR MCAFEE Firetray exe O - HKLM Run ATA C Program Files Avaya ATA ATALauncher exe O - HKLM Run McAfeeUpdaterUI quot C Program Files McAfee Common Framework UdaterUI exe quot StartedFromRunKey O - HKLM Run Sh... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/buffer-overrun-detected-unable-to-access-secure-websites.715134/
Relevancy 70.52%

I reformatted to factory image & am now unable to connect to all websites. It seems primarily https but sometimes http, for instance Google.
Win 7 Home Premium, IE 8.
I have tried various things found online without success. I understand my browser is outdated but can not upgrade it.
Windows Update runs forever -- as long as a day -- but never completes. It did initially report 62 updates and Windows Update is listed as a recent installed update, along with one other article.
Please advise. Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/629602/secure-websites-cannot-access-webpage-diagnose-connection-problems/
Relevancy 64.93%

Let me start by saying (https) websites previously no longer secure secure that lately my bank website Norton Safesearch previously secure (https) websites no longer secure and even your website appear to have replaced their secure certificates with outdated or insufficient security Usually in these cases the https in the address bar is crossed out or has a yellow triangle If you click on that triangle or crossed out space previously secure (https) websites no longer secure you will see a grey box that says your connection to this site is not private My connection is a private home network as opposed to public It used to say you have not visited this site before today but that phrase is no longer there Of course I've gone to these sites before In the grey box there is a tab titled 'connections' Click on that and it says ' The identity of this website has not been verified' and ' Your connection to www xxxxxxx com is not encrypted' These sites normally have the green bar in the address bar indicating a secure connection Clicking on the green bar will give you the same grey box only this time it says Your connection to this site is private and it will tell you 'the identity of this site has been verified by name of certificate Valid Certificate Transparency supplied by the server' It will say 'your connection is encrypted using an obsolete cipher suite or encrypted using a modern cipher suite Both are followed by specific connection and encryption information i e TLS Now let me get to the brass tacks I have been to bleepingcomputer com at least times trying to get the right information to the right people Can I please talk to someone who knows what a man in the middle vulnerability is Because it seems no one knows what it is except some people on computerworld com and some other tech sites and forums And me I've been reading about this for several months but have been having problems for about years No one seems to know what's wrong with my computer The answer seems to be nothing I've seen local computer repair shops who all claim I am cured I've reset and refreshed several times I've gone through the battery of scans and cleaners and repairs with your techs never really understanding what all those logs are telling us last month I worked for weeks with a tech on your site had long logs and reports and was told to do more scans etc Things got better for - days before this security issue began again along with several other recurring problems-now these same scans are generating very short nondescript logs reports if any I have sent many screen shots of strange activity I don't really know if anyone looked at them Let's stop here and see where this takes us rather than me writing a book on the subject of my computer woes needlessly I would like to refer you to this website article that I read the most information like mine that I have seen except my problems did not start out with the programs these did I've never heard of these So ask as many questions as you like I'll give you whatever information I have I'm soooo tired of this http www computerworld com article secure-advertising-tool-privdog-compromises-https-security html

A:previously secure (https) websites no longer secure

how are you mrb5162 i have readed you history and symptoms i am not such a good one but if you want it then maybe i can help you
do you really having those symptoms about 2years? i guess it is very painful for everyone 
first i want to know about few points

1. which windows version/bits/patch number do you use at this time

2. which browser name/version do you using at that you having problems

3. do you have ever formatted system and reinstalled windows at once?

4. if you have formatted system and then same problem persisting after reinstall windows?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/589991/previously-secure-https-websites-no-longer-secure/
Relevancy 56.33%

I m running Windows XP and use Panda websites secure no Platnum for firewall and anti virus For no secure websites several months I ve been locked out of secure websites- the page cannot be displayed experience an error message regarding SPORDER DLL at start up and the firewall says it has an no secure websites error I downloaded Spy bot search and destroy but it did not fix the problem I ve spoken with Dell s and AOL s tech support- they didn t solve this Panda no secure websites s tech support said the SPODER DLL error is from their program We downloaded sporder dll from a website but nothing changed Then Panda said to call Symantec to get the shipped with version this laptop came with a trial- I thought I had deleted it off uninstall Panda then re-install I also tried to run Ad-Aware but the Paanda guy said not to because it can lock up my computer Help please This seemed very similar to Paul s problem but couldn t quite figure out what to do Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

Hi This is my first post - hope I m posting in the correct forum I have a huge problem For some unknown reason I can t get into secure sites on my home computer Last week I could now I can can't log into Help websites! secure - t As far as I know nothing has changed between now and then If anyone has ANY advice I would greatly appreciate it Not being able to bank online is making me a little crazy I have looked at several discussions here on this topic Here s what I ve tried so far and none of it has worked Disabled Firewall Disabled Norton Made sure time and date are correct Made sure it has a cipher Help - can't log into secure websites! strength Made sure SSL amp SS are checked in my advanced options Made sure my security is at medium At my bank s recommendation I also disabled my pop-up blocker accepted their cookies and downloaded the IE service pack Nothing I am getting a little frusterated to say the least Somewhere on these boards I read this quot Try this - with all browser windows closed Go to Start- gt Run and copy and paste each of the following hitting ok after each quot regsvr softpub dll regsvr wintrust dll regsvr initpki dll regsvr dssenh dll regsvr rsaenh dll regsvr gpkcsp dll regsvr sccbase dll regsvr slbcsp dll regsvr cryptdlg dll When I did this the ones w stars next to them failed I have no idea what any of that stuff means so I don Help - can't log into secure websites! t know if that could be what s causing the problem Oh and yes I ran a virus scan Anyone Please I am feeling a little desperate lol Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

I'm not sure where to put this question, because it's internet, not browser based. No matter what browser I use, I can't seem to be able to get on to secure web pages. Now, after I cleaned up my pc, my system 32 folder disappeared, and i thought that that was the issue. but i got it back using attrib -a -h -r -s c:\windows\system32, but the secure websites still won't load. I need to access them! please help!

A:secure websites?

Double post http://www.techsupportforum.com/f137...es-128936.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/secure-websites-128935.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I noticed yesterday that I could no longer access secure websites with my computer. I'm not sure where to start looking for the problem. I tried accessing the secure site from another computer connected to the same router and WAS able to. I tried connecting to the site with both browsers (Firefox, which I use most of the time, and IE) and could not access the site. So it seems that the problem is specific to my one computer but not specific to any browser.

As an example I cannot access https://onlinebanking.mantbank.com or login to www.discovercard.com.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Relevancy 55.47%

This just started happening out of the blue. I go to a website, for example my bank. It comes up no problem. I enter log in info, press log on, and it sits for about five minutes searching for secure site, then I get the "can't bring up this site" page, or it just stops. Happens every time I try to log on to one of my secure sites. What's up?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-bring-up-secure-websites.600551/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi I have a windows machine here that is having trouble connecting secure to login websites. Can't to secure protocols I have Can't login to secure websites. tested https in IE and FF as well as trying to connect with putty to my ssh server Both failed every time The system is running Windows Vista SP It is a HP DV - nr Notebook I have tried mail yahoo com gmail com Microsoft's secure websites and a few others that require going through a https connection I've tried disabling the windows firewall and that failed I've tried connecting to two separate networks that was a no go I have been googling around for solutions including making sure that the ssl and ssl are ticked in IE I have verified that the sure protocols are enabled in firefox and they are still unable to connect I've even temperarly opened port in the windows firewall but didn't succeed I'm sure there are other options but I've pretty much ruled out the possibility of a problem on the routers modems and isps Tonight I'll try connecting via a wire to see if the wireless is at fault I can successfully connect to them through a web proxy or by using a VM but that requires too much overhead in order to connect This is my mom's laptop and she needs it to pay bills and such Currently she has to resort to other machines to get the job done VMs are a whole nother world to her Please help me thanks

A:Can't login to secure websites.

2 days past and no one can provide some assistance? What more do you need?

More information can be found here: Can't login to secure websites

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/233939-cant-login-secure-websites.html
Relevancy 55.47%

This problem has been a thorn for several weeks and I'm hoping someone can help. I cannot connect to any secured websites with IE 7 or IE 6. All it does is time out. Here is some info about my PC and what I have done already....to no avail

Browser: IE 6 now (but did have IE 7 and changed back to IE6)

Disabling the add-ons did not help nor does clearing all internet options back to default. I have tried Microsoft's KB 813444 and this did not work either. (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813444). Also, have re-registered the .dll files and this did not help. Also, tried to place a secured website in Trusted Sites and this did not help either.

Can someone please help me solve this? Thanks in advance!

A:Cannot connect to secure websites with IE7 or IE6

Hello and welcome to TSF

Click Start => Run, copy and paste this command into the run box regsvr32 softpub.dll and press Enter.

Now repeat the steps for the rest of these:

regsvr32 softpub.dll
regsvr32 wintrust.dll
regsvr32 initpki.dll
regsvr32 dssenh.dll
regsvr32 rsaenh.dll
regsvr32 gpkcsp.dll
regsvr32 sccbase.dll
regsvr32 slbcsp.dll
regsvr32 cryptdlg.dll

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/cannot-connect-to-secure-websites-with-ie7-or-ie6-207847.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi i cannot acess any secure sites other than ladbrokes com i have trouble loading www ebay com or any of the foreign extensions e g ebay es ebay de ebay co uk and paypal com also i cannot book flights on my pc anymore although i used to be able Help Cannot Acess Websites Please Secure to do all of the above for years it is not a firewall on my service provider which is telefonica in spain as i have friends who are with them and they have no problem accessing these sites i have scanned for viruses with about different antivirus programs and also for malware spyware and all other parasites to which every program has reported my computer to be clean Also tryed most obvious things like for example cleaning out the cache temporary internet files etc even the hosts file which has nothing listed if anyone has any info that leads to fixing my problem i will be very appreciative Thanks in Advance Martin

A:Please Help Cannot Acess Secure Websites

Hello and welcome to TSF

Do you get this problem in Firefox?

Just encase what is your firewall?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/please-help-cannot-acess-secure-websites-178207.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have seen this before with XP where XP won't allow the user to log into secure websites like banks etc. The user gets a "page unavailable" error on secure websites while he is able to load typical non-secure websites.

He has done the obvious: cleaned out his cookies and lowered his security settings on Windows XP Professional all to no avail.

Anybody have any suggestions for him.

Regards,

LettuceChat

A:Can't log into Secure Websites like Banks etc.

Follow this link buddy ..
http://www.jsifaq.com/SUBM/tip6300/rh6349.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-log-into-secure-websites-like-banks-etc.248486/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello guys and gals. I am running windows vista with a wireless connection to the internet.
I am unable to surf the web, but surprisingly enough I am able to view secure web sites only. Running IE to access the web. I am at quite a loss here. I have tried disabling firewalls and the like and still no internet. What is strange is that the computer shows that I am fully connected to the internet. Signal strength is good. I am at my wits end and would appreciate any help or course of actions the users here would like me to follow. I do plan on telling everyone that helped if it worked or not, so others can come here and find a solution. I am sure there are many others who a very frustrated with this problem also.

Is there a winsock reset for windows vista? Would that work?

A:IE will only connect to secure websites.

NETSH WINSOCK RESET

I'd be surprised if that helped though, seeing as how Winsock settings don't by default differentiate between HTTP and HTTPS connections.

There is a tutorial here on how to perform an IE reset. You may have picked up an IE add-on which is interfering with non-SSL operation.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/223043-ie-will-only-connect-secure-websites.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I'm not sure if this is an IE problem, but for the past several months I am unable to stay on a secure website after entering my password. I have IE6, I've tried IE7 and the same thing happens. I'm able to initially access a secure website but when I click on another page within that website, I'm asked to enter my password. This only happens with IE, not Firefox. So I've only been using Firefox, but I'd like to find out what's going on with IE so I can use it again. I've adjusted my security settings. I don't know what else to do. I'd appreciate any input. Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/keep-getting-kicked-off-secure-websites-348257.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello.

I am working on my parents computer This message continues to plague whenever we try to log in to turbotax or ebay.

A pop up asking to run microsoft silverlight configurator

The problem is you cannot click on allow or not allow the only way to do anything is to use task manager to close the program because you can't even ' x ' out of it.

I tried installing all optional and recomended updates.

I tried ' reset internet explorer to defaults'

I tried temporarily disabling ad aware and MSE

I tried running sfc /scannow which provided a clean bill of health

I am at a loss on this and any help is appreciated.

Here is a screenshot
http://i.imgur.com/Kx9yi7M.png

A:Unable to log in to secure websites

Uninstall/reinstall Silverlight.
Also, TurboTax is having lots of on-line problems now. You may wish to Google this.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/566999/unable-to-log-in-to-secure-websites/
Relevancy 55.47%

I've been trying to help my sister with her me let get IE to wont websites secure laptop She can connect to the internet and view websites but when she tries to go to secure pages Email Bank Amazon checkout page it says the page doesn't exist Like any decent human being I told her to just use Firefox but that wont let her go to any pages That just tells IE wont let me get to secure websites me that something is wrong outside of IE Here's what I IE wont let me get to secure websites have done to try and fix the problem Lower security restrictions in IE -- no effect Dissable Norton other firewalls but found it wasn't even running Anti virus is running though no other firewall that I could find Connect through my Wifi instead of her's --no effect Connect directly through Ethernet connection -- no effect In the mean-time I suggested she should download updates from Microsoft The battery went dead so I didn't get a chance to do much else I'm completely at a loss as to why she cannot connect to secure pages with IE an none at all with Firefox Firefox always fixes my browsing woes She says it happened a few weeks ago without her changing installing anything Next chance I get I'll run an anti-spyware program I would love any suggestions you can give me

A:IE wont let me get to secure websites

You're on the right track with the antispyware scans. Try these:
Please download Ad-aware at http://www.lavasoftusa.com/ and install it if you don't have it already. Make sure it's the newest version and check for any updates before running it. Also go to http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/...2cleaner.shtml to download the plug-in for fixing VX2 variants. To run this tool, go into Ad-aware->Add-ons and select VX2 Cleaner. Then click Run Tool and OK to start it. If it's clean, it will say Status System Clean. Otherwise, you will have to click on the Clean button to remove the VX2 infection. Also make sure to customize the settings in Ad-aware at http://www.greyknight17.com/spyware.htm#adaware for better scan results. Run the scan and fix everything that it finds.

--------

Download and install Spybot S&D http://security.kolla.de/. Run Spybot and click on the 'Search for Updates' button. Install any updates that are available.

Now click Mode menu and choose 'Advanced Mode'. Next click on Immunize to your left. Click the Immunize button (green cross) on top to Immunize your computer - you should do this each time there is an update. Now go to Tools->Resident. Make sure you enable TeaTimer after we are done. Do NOT enable Spybot TeaTimer Resident protection at this time. What this will do is monitor any system/registry changes and will ask you for permission to change any of these settings. It may also hinder our fix at this point. You may enable it after the fix is complete.

Now click on the 'Spybot-S&D' option on the top left to go back to the main screen. Next click on the 'Check for Problems' button. Let it run the scan. If it finds something, check all those in RED and hit the 'Fix Selected Problems' button. Exit Spybot. If you keep getting the DSO Exploit entries, even after you updated Windows and fixed them, then download the Spybot DSO Exploit Fix http://majorgeeks.com/download4392.html and install it over the current Spybot installation.

--------

Download CleanUp! http://cleanup.stevengould.org/ (Alternate Link if main link don't work - http://www.greyknight17.com/spy/CleanUp.exe ) and install it. CleanUp! deletes EVERYTHING out of your temp/temporary folders, it does not make backups. If you have any documents or programs that are saved in any Temporary Folders, please make a backup of these before running CleanUp!. Run CleanUp! and click on the Options button. Uncheck 'Scan local drives for temporary files'. Also uncheck those two Newsgroup entries if you don't want to delete them. Click OK and then click on the CleanUp! button. Let it run. After it's done, choose Yes to logoff.

--------

Let's see if these help. If not, we'll move to a Hijackthis Log and see if there are any nasties still lurking.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/ie-wont-let-me-get-to-secure-websites-82248.html
Relevancy 55.47%

When trying to connect to a password limited program for the first time, response is:

This server is requesting that your userame and password be sent in an unsecure manner.

Using Window 7- 64 Bit with IE8. In internet tools I've turned off Internet Option: Enable Protected Mode.

Suggestions?

A:Secure Connection to websites

Does it allow you to proceed with entering username or password? Or does this stop further interaction with the site?

Protected Mode has nothing to do with this, turn it back on, it might save you someday.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/secure-connection-to-websites.940474/
Relevancy 55.47%

I first had this in http forums techguy org t html Had a similar problem back in http forums techguy org t html looked to see how it was resolved to log secure HJT in Can't websites provided but the only Can't log in to secure websites HJT provided thing showing in my hosts file is pop norton antivirus Added by Norton AntiVirus for e-Mail scanning pop spa norton antivirus Can't log in to secure websites HJT provided Added by Norton AntiVirus for e-Mail scanning I cannot log into PayPal hotmail secure sites where I purchase items on-line I still think it s NIV problem - it started after the update I ve updated again but it still didn t help Removed all temp fils tonight cookies temp internet cache etc no help I would like to uninstall NIV but it won t let me I also have Norton Internet Security and it won t let me uninstall - I must be a supervisor to run anything on it I m the only one who uses this computer and don t remember having to be a quot supervisor quot I couple months back I disabled NIS because it updated and I had problems - didn t have to be a quot supervisor quot then I would like to remove it becuase I have Norton SystemWorks and would like to install it as my NIV subscription ends on the July th I wouldn t think I d need the earthlink stuff - don t use earthlink as an isp Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SE Win x A MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM RNAAPP EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM TAPISRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM ATICWD EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM ATITASK EXE C PROGRAM FILES EASY KEYBOARD EASYKEY EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM STIMON EXE C PROGRAM FILES NORTON ANTIVIRUS NAVAPW EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES REAL UPDATE OB EVNTSVC EXE C PROGRAM FILES SIBER SYSTEMS AI ROBOFORM ROBOTASKBARICON EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXE C PROGRAM FILES INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXE C WINDOWS DESKTOP HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http start earthlink net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www earthlink net partner more msie button search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www earthlink net partner more msie button search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www earthlink net partner more msie button search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www ebay com O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO no name - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboForm dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp RoboForm - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboForm dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - HKLM Run ScanRegistry c windows scanregw exe autorun O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM Run AtiCwd Aticwd exe O - HKLM Run AtiKey Atitask exe O - HKLM Run SoundFusion RunDll cwcprops cpl CrystalControlWnd O - HKLM Run Easykey C Program Files Easy Keyboard Easykey exe O - HKLM Run StillImageMonitor C WINDOWS SYSTEM STIMON EXE O - HKLM Run NAV Agent c PROGRA NORTON NAVAPW EXE O - HKLM Run TkBellExe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB evntsvc exe -osboot O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMON EXE O - HKLM RunServices LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKCU Run RoboForm quot C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboTaskBarIcon exe quot O - Extra context menu item Fill Forms amp - file C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboFormComFillForms ... Read more

Relevancy 55.47%

Hello,

I have been searching the forums for the last few days and none of the solutions would fix my problem. My connection to the internet works fine, but when I try to log in to a secure site, it won't let me. No updates can be completed or anything.

I have tried emptying my cookies, resetting winsock (I think thats what it's called), reinstalling internet explorer and firefoox, as well as looking for any updates for AVG antivirus. I have checked my firewall settings, but to no avail.

Any help would be welcome.

A:Cannot Connect to Secure Websites

In Internet Explorer, try going to Tools>Internet Options>Security and set the security level to Medium, and see if that fixes the problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-connect-to-secure-websites-286498.html
Relevancy 55.47%

So I do not secure to websites won't connect some IE7 actually know IE7 won't connect to some secure websites how long I've had this issue I recently tried to log into yahoo messenger and couldn't I hit troubleshoot and it said because Internet Explorer couldn't make a secure connection to the yahoo login page Well great yahoo's entire messaging client is based off a very buggy browser Though as far as I could remember I would have to try to login twice or thrice until it finally would let me in early signs IE wasn't going to work anymore I wipe the dust off IE on my WIN XP machine and try to go to login yahoo com It says the page can't be displayed as if I'm not even connected to the internet So I immediately thought it was some kind of SSL problem but a lot of websites use TLS now I don't know too much about this stuff I think IE on WIN XP doesn't support anything past TLS but it supports SSL and I tried a few other websites including google While I can log into a google account by going to google com and hitting sign in I can't access gmail at all I just get a page can't be displayed also I then tried hotmail outlook and it connected and worked fine download microsoft com doesn't load It really seems to be hit or IE7 won't connect to some secure websites miss whether a secure website will connect or IE7 won't connect to some secure websites not When connected successful to a secure website I can check the certificate info normally and everything I don't get any SSL errors at all Either a page will load or won't load I'm trying to figure out if this means I have some kind of virus or websites are just uses different security technologies that IE on WIN XP doesn't support I read that certain things like SNI are available on IE for Vista and above but not XP I tried using IE on a VISTA computer and that worked fine but I also noticed the cipher strength in the about section is bit for IE on Vista while IE on my WIN XP machine is bit I don't know if this makes a difference I've tried disabling antivirus firewall restarting modem router clearing ssl slate using ccleaner to empty all temporary files and also re-registering dlls that pertain to this stuff I've done scans with spybot malwarebytes kaspersky panda and they've found nothing I've disabled all plugins in IE too My hijackthis came out clean hasn't changed for the last few years I'm not a complete noob at PC security I am just puzzled by this issue ipconfig looks good I even did a disk scan and no errors were found I also checked event viewer and nothing was out of the ordinary I tried my earliest system restore point and it fixed nothing either To be honest I don't know how I would even get a virus because I pretty much have my browsers on lock down I keep java acrobat reader and flash disabled unless on a legit website like youtube I even disable javascript when internet surfing Now something else I tried was using a website that takes screenshots of webpages using different browser versions I tried going to the trouble sites using IE and they worked but it doesn't make clear if it was IE on XP or VISTA and from what I gather on the internet it's entirely different on each OS I then tried using IE which is XP only and the one I tried before I got kicked off for too many browser screenshot attempts gave the same display error in another language anyway Now just to be clear my other browsers still work flawlessly I was going to try to install IE but it seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth as Microsoft pushes all their new OS and IE and I don't trust rd parties when it comes to system components I went to the yahoo messenger page and it still says it's compatible with Windows XP I wonder if this is some kind of practical joke So I guess my question is if this is behavior of some deeply-rooted virus or if major sites just won't accept connections from old insecure browsers which I really don't understand why that would be Isn't it the client's... Read more

A:IE7 won't connect to some secure websites

You access the Yahoo Messenger through Yahoo email.
According to Yahoo, you should be able to access Messenger using IE 8 or later. Of course, other browsers such as Firefox, Safari and Google Chrome
allow access, too.

More info: Yahoo Messenger - Chat, Instant message, SMS, Video Call, PC Calls

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/572896/ie7-wont-connect-to-some-secure-websites/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have been accessing the internet via a wireless connection. I could access secure websites such as email and bank websites. Over the weekend I secured the internet connection, and now I can not access those sites. Please let me know of some things I need to check to figure out this problem. Thanks in advance.

A:problem with secure websites

Check in safe mode if it works then, Configure the firewall if you have installed like Norton ot MCaffee...make sure the security level is set to mediam and not High...this will resolve the issue.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-with-secure-websites-82404.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Washington Mutual and InCharge org are two of the web sites that keep logging me out InCharge will log me in then after about or seconds it goes back to the log in sceen as if I was never logged in Washington Mutual will let me log in but if I try to view a different screen while logged in it takes me back to the log in logging me websites Secure keep out screen same as above I also use West Suburban Banks web site and it works just fine The Windows update problem I have been working on with Microsoft with no progress I only seem to have a problem with that one update KB All other updates seem to be installing fine The update error code says unknown error DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Mom at on Tue Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System Secure websites keep logging me out svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system SLsvc Secure websites keep logging me out exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Google Common Secure websites keep logging me out Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaantmon exe C Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamS exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows vVX exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Motorola SMSERIAL sm hlpr exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Verizon Wireless V CAST Music Manager MEMonitor exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe c program files windows defender MpCmdRun exe C Windows System svchost exe -k swprv C Windows servicing TrustedInstaller exe C Users Mom Desktop dds scr C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com mStart Page hxxp www yahoo com mDefault Page URL hxxp www yahoo com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt local mSearchAssistant hxxp www gateway com g sidepanel html Ch Retail amp Br GTW amp Loc ENG US amp Sys PTB amp M MT BHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No File BHO NoExplorer - No File BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Skype add-on mastermind bf b-c d - d - a -a f ba c - c program files skype toolbars internet explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Google Toolbar N... Read more

A:Secure websites keep logging me out

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/210117/secure-websites-keep-logging-me-out/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey everyone... Problem with computer. Recently re-loaded, used by my girlfriend. It will not allow her to log into MSN Messenger, nor facebook or her hotmail e-mail. Many websites either will not load, or have very slow load times. Her computer itself seems to be running near 100% performance all the time, even if it's not doing anything.

I ran spybot, and trend micro house call. They removed a few low level security risks, but haven't resolved the issue.

Any ideas? Any other information I should be providing? It may not be a security issue at all, but I can't seem to resolve it.

I've tried turning off the window's firewall, dropping security settings, etc. Nothing is working.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh...

Cheers,
Mikey

A:Cannot log into MSN, secure websites like hotmail, facebook...

bump?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-log-into-msn-secure-websites-like-hotmail-facebook.676734/
Relevancy 55.04%

As of this morning certain sites have been asking me for information that isn t appropriate when I log in Bank of America redirects me from the front page to this page https sitekey bankofamerica com sas signon do once I enter in my username and won t let me continue to my accounts Websites inappropriate for information asking "Secure" It hasn t even shown me my sitekey From Capital One it sends me to this page in a FRAME no less that also asks for my pin The bottom of the screen notes that the page contains unauthorized content I ve run Malwarebytes and Spybot and removed everything they said was infected I ve restarted after that and still its asking me for that information In both Firefox AND IE On my other computer it s taken me right to the proper page without a problem without asking me to enter my pin I haven t downloaded "Secure" Websites asking for inappropriate information anything or opened any infected file that I know of and after exhausting all of my virus scan software I m at a loss What s going on I want my computer to be secure

A:"Secure" Websites asking for inappropriate information

Hi, could you post a log file from Malwarebytes Anti-Malware? They can be found in the "Logs" tab of the program.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/297515/secure-websites-asking-for-inappropriate-information/
Relevancy 55.04%

My son s Secure Logins To Websites Fail computer is running WIN XP Home SP He is having a problem logging into AIM Comcast net and the email servers at comcast The problem occurs with both IE and Firefox When you try to log into comcast net with Firefox you get a message saying that the server is taking too long to respond IE gives a dns error page It seems to be any site needing https access Also WGA is claiming that the hardware has changed substantially and we need to re-activate Windows And of course it fails The only hardware that has been changed in the past year Logins To Secure Websites Fail is the keyboard and mouse My first assumption was some kind of infection So I checked that AVG was up-to-date and have done a scan recently It had found some variants of Zlob and quarantined them I deleted them from the quarantine area I then Logins To Secure Websites Fail run Registry Logins To Secure Websites Fail Mechanic and it found a variety of problems and fixed them Spybot and Adware both run clean Any help will be appreciated

A:Logins To Secure Websites Fail

Are you running your scans in safe mode?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/107062/logins-to-secure-websites-fail/
Relevancy 55.04%

As of this morning certain sites have been asking me for information that isn t appropriate when I log in Bank of America redirects me from the front page to hxxp i tinypic com xbxx jpg this page https sitekey bankofamerica com sas signon do once I enter in my username and won t let me continue to my accounts It hasn t even shown me my sitekey From Capital One "Secure" Websites asking inappropriate for information it sends me to hxxp i tinypic com mxv jpg this page in a FRAME no less that also asks for my pin The bottom of the screen notes that the page contains unauthorized content I ve run Malwarebytes and Spybot and removed everything they said "Secure" Websites asking for inappropriate information was infected I ve restarted after that and still its asking me for that information In both Firefox AND IE On my other computer it s taken me right to the proper page without a problem without asking me to enter my pin I haven t downloaded anything or opened any infected file that I know of and after exhausting all of my virus scan software I m at a loss What s going on I want my computer to be secure Tell me about it I d like to keep the money myself thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Network Associates Common Framework FrameworkService exeC Program Files Network Associates VirusScan VsTskMgr exeC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeC Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindServiceAE exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Toshiba TOSHIBA Applet TAPPSRV exeC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exeC Program Files Network Associates VirusScan SHSTAT EXEC Program Files Network Associates Common Framework UpdaterUI exeC Program Files TOSHIBA Tvs TvsTray exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP Toshiba exeC WINDOWS system TPSMain exeC Program Files Toshiba Toshiba Applet thotkey exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS system TPSBattM exeC WINDOWS system RAMASST exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC WINDOWS system msiexec exeC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeC Program Files TrendMicro HiJackThis HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Pro... Read more

A:"Secure" Websites asking for inappropriate information

Hello sherlockellyWelcome to BleepingComputer ==========================Download OTL to your desktop.Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.Under the Standard Registry box change it to All.Under Custom scan's and fixes section paste in the below in bold%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.* /md5starteventlog.dllscecli.dllnetlogon.dllcngaudit.dllsceclt.dllntelogon.dlllogevent.dlliaStor.sysnvstor.sysatapi.sysIdeChnDr.sysviasraid.sysAGP440.sysvaxscsi.sysnvatabus.sysviamraid.sysnvata.sysnvgts.sysiastorv.sysViPrt.syseNetHook.dllahcix86.sysKR10N.sysnvstor32.sysahcix86s.sysnvrd32.sys /md5stop%systemroot%\*. /mp /s%systemroot%\System32\config\*.savCREATERESTOREPOINT%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfilesCheck the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply.====================Download the following GMER Rootkit Scanner from HereDownload the randomly named EXE file to your Desktop. Remember what its name is since it is randomly named.Double click on the new random named exe file you downloaded and run it. If prompted about the Security Warning and Unknown Publisher go ahead and click on RunIt may take a minute to load and become available.If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run a full scan...click on NO, then use the following settings for a more complete scan..In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Ensure the following are UNCHECKEDSectionsIAT/EATDrives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically only C:\ should be checked)Show All (don't miss this one)Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.Once done click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "ark.txt" or it will save as a .log file which cannot be uploaded to your post.Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop**Caution** Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entriesClick OK and quit the GMER program.Note: On Firefox you need to go to Tools/Options/Main then under the Downloads section, click on Always ask me where to save files so that you can choose the name and where to save to, in this case your Desktop.Post that log in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/297518/secure-websites-asking-for-inappropriate-information/
Relevancy 55.04%

Could someone please take a look at mt HijackThis log file Thanks Logfile into problem? Can't Malware websites. log secure of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services Can't log into secure websites. Malware problem? exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC program files bmccm tuner Tuner exeC Program Files McAfee Host Intrusion Prevention FireSvc exeC Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exeC Program Files Common Files DHI MikeZero LicSvcLoc exeC Program Files McAfee Common Can't log into secure websites. Malware problem? Framework FrameworkService exeC Program Files Network Associates VirusScan Mcshield exeC Program Files Network Associates VirusScan VsTskMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC Program Files Common Files SafeNet Sentinel Sentinel Keys Server sntlkeyssrvr exeC Program Files Common Files SafeNet Sentinel Can't log into secure websites. Malware problem? Sentinel Protection Server WinNT spnsrvnt exeC WINDOWS System snmp exeC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Citrix ICA Client ssonsvr exeC Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files McAfee Common Framework UpdaterUI exeC Program Files Toshiba Toshiba Applet thotkey exeC Program Files Apoint K Apoint exeC Program Files TOSHIBA DualPointUtility TEDTray exeC Program Files Toshiba Toshiba Applet tpwrsave exeC Program Files Toshiba Toshiba Applet TMEPROP exeC Program Files Network Associates VirusScan SHSTAT EXEC Program Files Common Files Network Associates TalkBack TBMon exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files ZANTAZ EAS Client OfflineFileSyn exeC WINDOWS system bgsmsnd exeC Program Files Apoint K Apntex exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATICAP EXEC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files DME DmeTray exeC Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exeC Program Files McAfee Host Intrusion Prevention FireTray exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXEC Program Files Citrix ICA Client pnagent exeC Program Files Sony Sony Picture Utility VolumeWatcher SPUVolumeWatcher exeD Documents and Settings westn Local Settings Temp wzfc HijackThis exeC WINDOWS system taskmgr exeC Program Files Huawei technologies Mobile Connect Mobile Connect exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC program files bmccm tuner lib jre bin java exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http hydroinsite R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http hydroinsite system top asp page F mp title SearchR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http hydroinsite R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http hydroinsite R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http hydroinsite R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Hydro TasmaniaO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEH... Read more

A:Can't log into secure websites. Malware problem?

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results, click no to the Optional_ScanFollow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. You can find information on A/V control HEREOrange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/214259/cant-log-into-secure-websites-malware-problem/
Relevancy 55.04%

I cannot login Secure to Yahoo MSN Paypal or anyother secure sites thisis a serious problem and now i keep getting fake prompts from a questionable quot msn quot trying to get me to download an update new version of a program I didnt even have in the first place heres hijack this log can anyone help Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system THIS any secure websites-HIJACK display Cant LOG lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files AVPersonal AVGUARD Cant display any secure websites-HIJACK THIS LOG EXE C Program Cant display any secure websites-HIJACK THIS LOG Files AVPersonal AVWUPSRV EXE C WINDOWS runservice exe C WINDOWS Cant display any secure websites-HIJACK THIS LOG System svchost exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS System mqsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System mqtgsvc exe C Program Files Browser Mouse Browser Mouse lwbwheel exe C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbabmgr exe C Program Files AVPersonal AVGNT EXE C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbabmon exe C Program Files NetZero exec exe C Program Files NetZero exec exe C Program Files NetZero qsacc x exec exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http my netzero net s search r minisearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http my netzero net s search r minisearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http my netzero net s search r minisearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http my netzero net s search r minisearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http my netzero net s search r minisearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http my netzero net s search r minisearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http R - URLSearchHook URLSearchHook Class - D CDBF- AF - AA- -BD D DA C B - C Program Files NZSearch SearchEnh dll O - BHO no name - EF -D A - AD-A -E CF - C Program Files NetZero qsacc X IEBHO dll O - BHO no name - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar ZeroBar - F C - FB - FE-BA - E DDE - C Program Files NetZero Toolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run LWBMOUSE C Program Files Browser Mouse Browser Mouse lwbwheel exe O - HKLM Run Lexmark X Series quot C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbabmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run Ad-aware quot C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-aware Ad-aware exe quot c O - HKLM Run MsmqIntCert regsvr s mqrt dll O - HKLM Run AVGCtrl C Program Files AVPersonal AVGNT EXE min O - HKCU Run spc w quot C Program Files nzsearch hcm exe quot -w O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item Backward amp Links - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks html O - Extra context menu item Cac amp hed Snapshot of Page - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmcache html O - Extra context menu item Display All Images with Full Quality - res C Program Files NetZero qsacc appres dll O - Extra context menu item Display Image with Full Quality - res C Program Files NetZero qsacc appres dll O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Si amp milar Pages - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsimilar html O - Extra context menu item Translate into English - res c pro... Read more

A:Cant display any secure websites-HIJACK THIS LOG

If you can't display any secure web sites try this, click start>run>type in the open box
regsvr32 softpub.dll >click o.k. on the next screen, which shouls say it suceeded. If that doesn't work you can always try to turn off your firewall. Also check your cipher strength under help> about internet explorer, should be 128 bit. As for the highjack this log, someone else will have to take on that task, I'm only a novice.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-display-any-secure-websites-hijack-this-log.232971/
Relevancy 55.04%

Recently I found myself unable to go to secure websites. I can use IE but I cant load secure sites only simple ones. I think the error was following page not found or something of the sort telling me the loading failed. I am not sure if it has to do with some settings that must be fixed or if something was installed that made the net get messed up. I dont have an AV and I am fairly sure I do not have a firewall (I may be wrong), I am running windows Xp pro. I appreciate the help in advance.

A:Unable to go to secure websites, cant use P2P programs

Try everything on this website. Come back and tell us the results.
http://www.duxcw.com/faq/win/xp/secure.htm

One of the solutions usually fixes the problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-go-to-secure-websites-cant-use-p2p-programs-99578.html
Relevancy 55.04%

For the past two days I have been unable to login at secure sites https I have two other computers running off my router and they are experiencing no difficulties I have tried using the following browsers with no luck IE FireFox Opera Google Chrome and K-Meleon Depending to login Unable secure at websites on the browser the Unable to login at secure websites error is displayed as quot Internet Explorer Unable to login at secure websites cannot display the webpage quot Unable to login at secure websites quot web page not available quot quot network timeout quot etc The problem seemed to occur just after I updated from IE to IE but I'm not certain about that My Thunderbird email client is able to access secured email sites such as Hotmail My MS Money Plus cannot login at login live com My anti-virus is AVG Anti-virus Free Edition and with it I have done two complete scans of my computer with nothing adverse found I am using Windows Firewall and have tried logging in with the firewall disabled I have used Windows System Restore to go back to Feb and Feb when I was not having any problems no improvement I have tried running in Safe Mode with Networking no improvement I have run sfc scannow and have a MB CBS log file and a MB CBS persist log file I don't know what to look for in either log file The message on the screen when that program completed was quot Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them quot From past experience it will take me - hours to locate and reinstall all the third party software I have installed so I would very much like to solve this problem without wiping out my applications I purchased this computer from HP with Vista pre-installed and a recovery partition no MS media provided I have spent several hours with HP support in India and it was pretty much time wasted I access the internet via cable modem from Oceanic Time-Warner I'll be very greatful for any assistance and would be glad to send the log files to anyone who can get anything out of them NEW INFORMATION After the SFC run I ran chkdsk At that point I was able to login at secure website Hotmail com once When I tried it a second and subsequent times the error returned I have tried the SFC then chkdsk procedure again After that I was still unable to login at any secure site However the SBS log file is dramatically smaller now It is KB and the other two files produced on the first run are no longer created

A:Unable to login at secure websites

Try turning off "Protected Mode" I could not get into my Mastercard or Ebay and with this turned off can access both of them

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/210967-unable-login-secure-websites.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Greetings I am at wits end I have tried everything in this thread and many others to no avail On or around Feb th or th I noticed some trouble brewing I have machines laptops running XP Pro and desktop running XP Home that simply will not connect to https sites Cannot IE6 with IE7 websites secure or connect [SOLVED] to and wont connect to some others I get the BS diagnostic summary telling me it can not connect to http https and ftp I am using the standard XP firewall I [SOLVED] Cannot connect to secure websites with IE7 or IE6 have reset anything and everything run registry cleaners re-registered all of the dll's and have even tried re-installing IE was using IE SpyBot Ad-aware personal CCleaner McAfee Enterprise etc can find nothing wrong I have Bellsouth now ATT fiber optic DSL no modem needed I am using a Linksys Wireless G router with Wireless N cards and can't find anything wrong I cannot even update my McAfee or navigate to any Microsoft sites I can still get to eBay though LOL What is going on here My work machine is fine runs the same sort of stuff although through a T I have not ried it at home where the other are for fears of something happening to it I have SSL and checked I have thouroughly cleaned out the temp int files cookies and even went as far as to clean out the prefetch just in case What is happening to my gear Any help you guys can provide would be most appreciated Thanks All Yuppie

A:[SOLVED] Cannot connect to secure websites with IE7 or IE6

Hello and welcome to TSF

Try this:

http://www.duxcw.com/faq/win/xp/secure.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/solved-cannot-connect-to-secure-websites-with-ie7-or-ie6-226946.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey, I deleted Norton Anti-Virus a week ago, and now, I am not able to go to any secure websites. For example, I cannot go check me email on mail.yahoo.com. Whenever I log on to those sites, it gives me the "page cannot be displayed page." How do i fix this problem?

A:Can't open Secure websites because of Norton

Hi usckk...did you remove all Norton/Symantec products from your PC?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-open-secure-websites-because-of-norton-117990.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello- First off this question applies to Internet Explorer Opera and Netscape web browsers I have had the same Windows XP PC for about years and have had my Inspiron laptop for However they both have started to have trouble displaying Secure websites in the past two days This is generic for all three web browsers that I previously mentioned The sites in general that secure to open Unable websites... I've had trouble with are the log-ins on PayPal com eBay com and webkinz com my sister's It will eventually show the page and allow me to Unable to open secure websites... log-in but takes about minutes to load as Unable to open secure websites... opposed to the usual seconds And then when I try to log-in it usually takes Unable to open secure websites... too long minutes that I just have to give up However rarely usually in the morning right when the computer has been turned on the sites will work fine I've been browsing the internet for the past two hours looking for ways to fix this issue I've entered in all the commands under the Run button I've deleted the complete browser cache and cookies and I don't suspect this to be a firewall issue since my laptop has McAfee and my PC has Norton Any ideas what might be up with the system Could it be an issue with the router which I've had for two years and it has worked fine I might add that sites like Hotmail and Key Bank still work fine Please let me know if you can help Simon

A:Unable to open secure websites...

Hello and welcoem to TSF
Click Here to download IEdll.zip. Save it to your desktop.
Right click on IEdll.zip click on Extract all.
Go to the extracted files and double click on IEdll.bat
Follow the prompts.
It will tell you when it is done.
When finished please restart your computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/unable-to-open-secure-websites-231491.html
Relevancy 55.04%

So ive been having this problem for about a week now.

I cannot connect to google websites, facebook, email websites. Ive come to the conclusion that its only secure websites as websites like reddit and msn.com work.

Ive tried alot of solutions that have worked for other people from around the web and so far nothing has worked.

These problems happen in IE and Chrome but NOT Firefox.

I dont have an AntiVirus or a Firewall installed, windows firewall is disabled.

Ive Tried:
Checking Use SSL 2.0/3.0
Clearing SSL State
Restarting Computer
Uninstalling browsers
Clearing temporary internet files
Disabling protected mode (Internet Options)
Among various other solutions ive seen around

So does anyone have any idea of what it could be?

A:Cant connect to Secure/HTTPS websites

Hello mouse now I don't know your reason for not having any AV on board there are plenty of free ones and my philosophy is having one is way better than none at all. I run Kaspersky paid for with add on - on call scanners.

Personally if I were you I would at least run these

http://www.superantispyware.com/

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

download from bleeping computer ? delete any rubbishthese find.

If you feel inclined to have an AV on board take a look at this list
Probably the Best Free Security List in the World - Part I - Page 2

page 2 and I would at least have Windows defender running as well as the firewall - call it paranoia if you will but there are plenty of idiots out there who can and will take advantage of you.
The SueprAntiSpyware I linked is good at rooting out site that keep tabs on you for example.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/349006-cant-connect-secure-https-websites.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I just did a fresh reinstall of Windows XP and when I try to open a https:// url it loads for a really long time, then displays "Internet explorer cannot display the webpage".
I have tried several solutions found in Google, including, but not limited to this, this and this.
Since it's a fresh installation I don't see a point in using system restore. I run IE 8.0.6001.18702.
I have installed all the dirvers I can think of and scanned for missing drivers via SlimDrivers.

Relevancy 54.18%

I use HTTPS Everywhere in conjunction with HTTPS Finder addons and love them. I also connect to ths website with HTTPS but I don't get the colored secure indicator. I assume parts of this website are not secure which is the reasons why. Is there a way to only connect to this forum with full HTTPS?

basically, can I stop getting the "partially encrypted" message in some way? This would apply to Sevenforums and any other website that I only get partial encryption.

A:Can you tell Firefox to only load the secure parts of websites?

You will never get this site fully encrypted and working correctly due to us serving different resources from different domains to speed up page loading.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/208898-can-you-tell-firefox-only-load-secure-parts-websites.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello all I am new here but have searched around but have only found old threads concerning my problem I cannot access any microsoft websites or anti virus websites Any Cannot websites. or access websites any virus anti Microsoft help would be appreciated I have gone through download com to use hijackthis I just re-installed my operating system tonight Cannot access Microsoft websites or any anti virus websites. which is windows xp here is my log file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system IFXSPMGT exe C WINDOWS system IFXTCS exe C Program Files Broadcom Security Platform Software PSDsrvc EXE C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files Broadcom Security Platform Software SpTNA exe C Program Files Broadcom Security Platform Cannot access Microsoft websites or any anti virus websites. Software PSDrt EXE C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Apoint HidFind exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C WINDOWS system IfxUAGUI exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox Cannot access Microsoft websites or any anti virus websites. exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe O - Toolbar no name - D C F- A- -A AD- D - no file O - HKLM Run IntelZeroConfig quot C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe quot O - HKLM Run IntelWireless quot C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe quot tf Intel PROSet Wireless O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe O - HKLM Run IfxSecurePlatformIndication C Program Files Broadcom Security Platform Software SpTNA exe O - HKLM Run PSDruntime C Program Files Broadcom Security Platform Software PSDrt EXE O - HKLM Run igfxtray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run igfxpers C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM RunOnce Uninstall Adobe Download Manager quot C WINDOWS system rundll exe quot quot C Program Files NOS bin getPlus Helper dll quot Uninstall IE E F- F- fb - -AC BF A Get noarp O - HKCU Run uTorrent quot C Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exe quot O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Winlogon Notify PSDNtfy - C Program Files Broadcom Security Platform Software PSDNtfy dll O - Service Intel R PROSet Wireless Event Log EvtEng - Intel Corporation - C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe O - Service Security Platform Management Service IFXSpMgtSrv - Infineon Technologies AG - C WINDOWS system IFXSPMGT exe O - Service Trusted Platform Core Service IFXTCS - Infineon Technologies AG - C WINDOWS system IFXTCS exe O - Service Personal Secure Drive Service PersonalSecureDriveService - Broadcom - C Program Files Broadcom Security Platform Software PSDsrvc EXE O - Service Intel R PROSet Wireless Registry Service RegSrvc - Intel Corporation - C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe O - Service Intel R PROSet Wireless Service S Ev... Read more

Relevancy 54.18%

hi please help i cannot access any microsoft related websites or any antivirus websites but all others that i am aware of work fine I have a macbook but have a dual boot and use my windows xp on the computer quite often i have no current antivirus on the pc but wanted to install mcafee but i cannot access the site i have run spybot and also adaware but nothing found please help ive run hijack this and here is a copy of the log file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C infected??? microsoft an antivirus websites i websites... access or cant WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService cant access microsoft websites or antivirus websites... an i infected??? exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe cant access microsoft websites or antivirus websites... an i infected??? C WINDOWS system AppleOSSMgr exe C WINDOWS system AppleTimeSrv exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program cant access microsoft websites or antivirus websites... an i infected??? Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Motorola MotoConnectService MotoConnectService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files RealVNC VNC WinVNC exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system IRW exe C Program Files Boot Camp KbdMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Nokia Nokia PC Suite PCSuite exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files PC Connectivity Solution ServiceLayer exe C Program Files PC Connectivity Solution Transports NclUSBSrv exe C Program Files PC Connectivity Solution Transports NclRSSrv exe C Program Files PC Connectivity Solution Transports NclMSBTSrv exe C Program Files Motorola MotoConnectService MotoConnect exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co nz O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Persistence C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run BluetoothAuthenticationAgent rundll exe bthprops cpl BluetoothAuthenticationAgent O - HKLM Run IRW C WINDOWS system IRW exe O - HKLM Run Apple KbdMgr C Program Files Boot Camp KbdMgr exe O - HKLM Run WinampAgent quot C Program Files Winamp winampa exe quot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKCU Run PcSync C Program Files Nokia Nokia PC Suite PcSync exe NoDialog O - HKCU Run PC Suite Tray quot C Program Files Nokia Nokia PC Suite PCSuite exe quot -onlytray O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra butt... Read more

A:cant access microsoft websites or antivirus websites... an i infected???

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.

Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:
Download DDS and save it to your desktop

Link1
Link2
Link3

Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.

Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear:
DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?""just click on Cancel, then Accept".information and logs:In your next post I need the following

.logs from DDSlog from RKUnHookerlet me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/419047/cant-access-microsoft-websites-or-antivirus-websites-an-i-infected/
Relevancy 53.75%

Quote:

Mozilla is planning to gradually favor HTTPS (HTTP Secure) connections over non-secure HTTP connections by making some new features on its browser available only to secured sites.

The browser developer decided after a discussion on its community mailing list that it will set a date after which all new features will be available only to secure websites, wrote Firefox security lead Richard Barnes in a blog post. Mozilla also plans to gradually phase out access to browser features for non-secure websites, particularly features that could present risks to users' security and privacy, he added.

Mozilla may offer new browser features only on secure websites | InfoWorld

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/mozilla-may-offer-new-browser-features-only-on-secure-websites-991065.html
Relevancy 53.75%

My daughter has been having BIG issues with her computer I m in the hospital with my son LOTS of time on my hands so I ve been messing around with it I did remove some nasty bugs but now I can t sign on to ebay and another secure site I ve downloaded a few security things wiped off Norton I think and now I d better secure daughters on etc computer, Messed to sign up websites, can't HELP! get help before I really mess up her computer She uses it for college and she s a very high achiever so I d be in big trouble I did figure out how to use the highjack thing so here is the log before I wiped off the Norton and Symantec items I am extremely appreciative of any help HELP! Messed up daughters computer, can't sign on to secure websites, etc you can give me Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v HELP! Messed up daughters computer, can't sign on to secure websites, etc SP Running processes C HELP! Messed up daughters computer, can't sign on to secure websites, etc WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor sdhelp exe C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exe C Program Files Dell Support DSAgnt exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor swdoctor exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Free avgcc exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NSMdtr exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader AcroRd exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navw exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navw exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navw exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www colorado edu chemistry chem R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO PCTools Site Guard - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdsg dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO CNisExtBho Class - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - BHO Google Toolb... Read more

A:HELP! Messed up daughters computer, can't sign on to secure websites, etc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-messed-up-daughters-computer-cant-sign-on-to-secure-websites-etc.455798/
Relevancy 53.75%

I am having a problem sigining into MSN Messenger. Its says the firewall or proxy settings are stopping any communication, but i have checked both and they are not causing the problem. I have tried all af the regsvr32 dll things in the run command but these dont seem to work.

I remember someone telling me to use something like:

"netsh int ip" or something like that in command prompt.

Can anyone suggest anything at all!?

Many Thanks

Tom

A:Problems sigining into MSN and secure websites e.g. Online Banking

You are referring to "How to reset Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) in Windows XP"

You might want to look this over first
Internet Explorer Cannot Connect to Secure Sites

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problems-sigining-into-msn-and-secure-websites-e-g-online-banking-138687.html
Relevancy 53.32%

‘We find that cookie-related vulnerabilities are present in important sites (such as Google and Bank of America), and can be made worse by the implementation weaknesses we discovered in major web browsers (such as Chrome, Firefox, and Safari). Our successful attacks have included privacy violation, online victimization, and even financial loss and account hijacking. We also discuss mitigation strategies such as HSTS, possible browser changes, and present a proof-of-concept browser extension to provide better cookie isolation between HTTP and HTTPS, and between related domains.’

Article

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/591724/cookies-can-render-secure-websites-vulnerable-in-all-modern-browsers/
Relevancy 53.32%

This wont load any websites Cannot xp spybot many update win and spyware Secure has been a huge problem only reason I put my external back on is because is has my win xp Cannot load any Secure websites many spyware and spybot wont update ethernet drivers but i can copy those to disc if I cant get rid of this I run AVG antivirus Here is my hijack this log AVG found trojans first time nd scan rd and th still runnin th all on external hard drive Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS Surround Mixer CTSysVol exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exeC Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS DVDAudio CTDVDDET EXEC WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXEC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static ccc exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files AVG AVG avgui exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dllO - BHO AVG Security Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - C PROGRA AVG AVG AVGTOO DLLO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - Toolbar AVG Security Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - C PROGRA AVG AVG AVGTOO DLLO - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeO - HKLM Run StartCCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe quot MSRunO - HKLM Run CTSysVol C Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe rO - HKLM Run CTDVDDET quot C Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS DVDAudio CTDVDDET EXE quot O - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXEO - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXEO - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeO - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeO - HKLM Run UpdateManager quot C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe quot rO - HKLM Run AnyDVD quot C Program Files SlySoft AnyDVD AnyDVD exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKUS S- - - RunOnce nltide regsvr s n i U shell User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce nltide regsvr s n i U shell User 'NETWORK SER... Read more

A:win xp Cannot load any Secure websites many spyware and spybot wont update

Hi hades6093,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please give me a little time to go through your log and I will also let you know that I am a trainee so each stage of the fix will need to be checked by an expert coach before I post so there may be a slight delay. Don't worry I won't abandon you. Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already, and wait for me to get back to you.
Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.
Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 2 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day then I will close the topic.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/228748/win-xp-cannot-load-any-secure-websites-many-spyware-and-spybot-wont-update/
Relevancy 53.32%

Google showed the official F-secure website as the first result, the download link there is broken. doesn't work despite trying dozens of times. Softpedia's link is no different. and even the one listed here on bleepingcomputer leads to a broken link without any kind of download. Can someone provide a working link?

A:F-secure removal tool broken link on all download websites

I think something is wrong with your browser - the link on BC works for me.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576834/f-secure-removal-tool-broken-link-on-all-download-websites/
Relevancy 52.89%

Ive had this problem before and I know its no good Last time however I had to format my whole computer because I didnt have any time to take it off and my internet providor websites Microsoft websites/antivirus access cannot I forced me to format my computer or not get the internet If it happens again they ll cut my internet permanently So to my Problem Whenever I try to access Microsoft of a antivirus website AVG norton malwarebytes org etc I get a a quot the page cannot be viewed quot message It was working this afternoon when I was trying to download IE onto my computer when it said I need to install SP for XP and install all these automatic updates I cannot access Microsoft websites/antivirus websites I however cancelled this an hour later because it was taking very long and I had time constraints and I tried a few I cannot access Microsoft websites/antivirus websites hours later and it didnt work Im running XP with SP and I have MBAM on my computer and also AVG but I dont think its working properly i e I cannot access Microsoft websites/antivirus websites it doesnt come up on the system tray Any help is greatly appreciated

A:I cannot access Microsoft websites/antivirus websites

I have the same problem. Any luck?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/209931/i-cannot-access-microsoft-websitesantivirus-websites/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi reach/access websites, Cannot websites timeout I hope I have posted this in the right forum apologies if I haven't Here is the problem I'm having I bought a HP ENVY t just over a month Cannot reach/access websites, websites timeout ago For the first week days everything was fine I have a good internet connection with TWC and the wireless modem router I got was perfect Then I started to notice that I could not access some of my usual websites I would type in the Cannot reach/access websites, websites timeout URL press enter then wait and wait as opposed to just a day or so previously when I reached tte site instantly Some of the sites would eventually after a minute or so some longer appear but then not completely the graphics pictures were missing links on the side of Cannot reach/access websites, websites timeout the pages were not there Initially I had thought that it was a problem with my internet connection so I called TWC They checked at their end and then checked the modem router and pronounced that there was no problem with the internet connection And sure enough when I tried to download files from the office I had no problems at all I could access the servers and download large files without a problem as fast as I did before the problem started I then called TP-Link My Modem router is a TP-Link Archer CR I thought that there might be some kind of intermittent problem They too checked everything with the modem had me run some tests and while the modem worked perfectly I still could not access an ever increasing number of websites Just on a hunch I went online with my Samsung tablet and I had absolutely no problems at all I was able to surf watch youtube videos download files from the office and generally stay online without any slowing down the entire evening Here is a list of some of the sites I cannot reach when using the Envy-t Windows bbc combbc co ukmicrosoft com nbsp nbsp nbsp google com nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp In fact I can't reach any google related sitesyoutube comgmail com nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp I can't get access to my email except via my cell phone or tabletyahoo commsn comespn comabc commsnbc comzdf de nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp German news siteard de nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp German news siteHP com nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp I'm using my travel laptop to type this uppresto fmlast fmfacebook complayer fmOver different web story and poetry sitesrugby comIPL Indian premier league cricket websitewikipedia comAndroid store sitessamsung comwindows forum sitesTED comTEDX comudemy comkhan academyrosettastone comspace comskymap comnasa govesa orgquora compocket comonedrive comdropbox commediafire com nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp cloud service like dropboxopensubtities orgallsubs orgsubtitlecube comthefreedictionary comThe list goes on and on One of the first things I did when I got the laptop and had internet access was to download Zone Alarm I installed it after first getting rid of McAffee I have been using ZA for almost years and it has served me well and never caused a problem I have tired to access some of the above named sites and others after first switching OFF ZA but there was no difference Access to those sites was just as bad without ZA as with I am at my wits end I can't think of anything I might have installed that would cause this kind of problem I use Firefox and Chrome and with Zone Alarm covering the three bases - firewall anti-virus anti-malware - I don't use any other security software I switched off MS firewall just before installing ZA on the second day nbsp I have been using my travel laptop for the last couple of months while travelling but now that I'm back I want to get this problem fixed Thanks for your help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Cannot-reach-access-websites-websites-timeout/td-p/5621417
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi I have a problem accessing some secure sites requiring a username password like hotmail msn facebook amp ebay This problem occurs across all browsers IE Firefox and Safari I can browse other webpages fine I can access these websites using my laptop windows XP using the same wireless connection but they don't work when using my PC windows accessing (hotmail, all facebook) browsers HELP! secure websites across ebay, Problem vista I've had my PC for about a year now and it's the first time i've encountered such a problem I've looked up this problem everywhere and tried almost everything but HELP! Problem accessing secure websites (hotmail, ebay, facebook) across all browsers haven't been able to resolve it I've tried resetting changing my internet security settings turning off my firewall scanned my computer with a number of HELP! Problem accessing secure websites (hotmail, ebay, facebook) across all browsers spyware removal programs PLEASE HELP ------------------------------------------------------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows SYSTEM WISPTIS EXE C Program Files Common Files microsoft shared ink TabTip exe C Windows system WTablet TabUserW exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpWareSE exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files PowerISO PWRISOVM EXE C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMYPRT EXE C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Google Quick Search Box qsb exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Registry Mechanic RMTray exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink InputPersonalization exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows System notepad exe C Windows system NOTEPAD EXE C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Users Kingsley Desktop HiJackThis v exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www philips com pc R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www philips com pc R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF... Read more

A:HELP! Problem accessing secure websites (hotmail, ebay, facebook) across all browsers

Hello, powercosmic
Welcome to TSF

My name is Billy O'Neal and I will be helping you. (Billy or Bill is fine, if you like.)
Please give me some time to look over your computer's log(s).
Please take note of the following:In the meantime, please refrain from making any changes to your computer.
Also, even if things appear to be running better, there is no guarantee that everything is finished. Please continue to check this forum post in order to ensure we get your system completely clean. We do not want to clean you part-way up, only to have the system re-infect itself. :)
If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing. I would much rather clarify instructions or explain them differently than have something important broken.
Finally, please reply using the button in the lower left hand corner of your screen.
Old topics are closed after 3 days with no reply, and working topics are closed after 5 days. If for any reason you cannot complete instructions within that time, that's fine, just put a post here so that I know you're still here. We get a lot of people who simply leave, and if there is no contact for that amount of time I will have to assume you have "vanished" .

We need to create an OTViewIt ReportPlease download OTViewIt by OldTimer.
Save it to your desktop.
Double click on the icon on your desktop.
Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.
Push the button.
Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTViewIt.txt <-- Will be opened
Extra.txt <-- Will be minimized

We need to scan for rootkits with GMERPlease download gmer.zip and save to your desktop.alternate download site 1
alternate download site 2

Unzip/extract the file to its own folder. (Click here for information on how to do this if not sure. Win 2000 users click here.)
When you have done this, disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.
Note: There is a small chance this application may crash your computer so save any work you have open.
Double-click on Gmer.exe to start the program.
Allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.
If it gives you a warning at program start about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run a scan...click NO.
Click on "Settings", then check the first five settings:System Protection and Tracing
Processes
Save created processes to the log
Drivers
Save loaded drivers to the log

You will be prompted to restart your computer. Please do so.
Run Gmer again and click on the Rootkit tab.
Look at the right hand side (under Files) and uncheck all drives with the exception of your C drive.
Make sure all other boxes on the right of the screen are checked, EXCEPT for "Show All".
Important! Please do not select the "Show all" checkbox during the scan.
Click on the "Scan" and wait for the scan to finish.Note: Before scanning, make sure all other running programs are closed and no other actions like a scheduled antivirus scan will occur while this scan completes. Also do not use your computer during the scan.

When completed, click on the Copy button and right-click on your Desktop, choose "New" > Text document. Once the file is created, open it and right-click again and choose Paste or Ctrl+V. Save the file as gmer.txt and copy the information in your next reply.
Note: If you have any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode

In your next reply, please include the following:OTViewIt.txt
Extra.txt
GMER's Log

Billy3

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/help-problem-accessing-secure-websites-hotmail-ebay-facebook-across-all-browsers-295215.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi, I have a problem accessing some secure sites requiring a username/ password like hotmail, msn, facebook & ebay. This problem occurs across all browsers: IE7 Firefox and Safari. I can browse other webpages fine.

I can access these websites using my laptop (windows XP) using the same wireless connection but they don't work when using my PC (windows vista).

I've had my PC for about a year now and it's the first time i've encountered such a problem.

I've looked up this problem everywhere and tried almost everything but haven't been able to resolve it. I've tried resetting/ changing my internet security settings, turning off my firewall, scanned my computer with a number of spyware removal programs.

tried pretty much everything on here:
http://www.vistax64.com/network-inte...ure-sites.html

*How do you ensure that TCP Port 443 is enabled in your firewall????

PLEASE HELP!!!

A:HELP! Problem accessing secure websites (hotmail, ebay, facebook) across all browsers

Hi. . .

Nice link - I am a member at that site, but please disregard the "solutions" found therein.

Please run a Vista System Health report in HTML format:
START | type cmd.exe into the start search box | right-click on cmd.exe | select Run as Administrator | the black cmd prompt (DOS) screen will appear - type the following:

Code:
perfmon /report
It will take about a minute to run... then save it as an HTML file - you will see the default HTML file extension when you go to save it.

Please zip it up and attach to your next post.

What anti-virus are you running and do you have a 3rd party firewall? Do you use the Windows Firewall?

In the interim, do this as a test:
START | type Internet into the start search box | look up top under Programs and select Internet Explorer (no add-ons).

Can you reach those sites now?

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/help-problem-accessing-secure-websites-hotmail-ebay-facebook-across-all-browsers-295213.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Win XP Service Pack First symptom was that the access blocked secure but Internet access sites can desktop icon to go to IE resulted in quot Cannot find server quot Started to open IE from the program list until that no longer worked Internet access blocked but can access secure sites days IE is getting online I can ping sites and my anti virus updates etc but IE will Internet access blocked but can access secure sites not open any web sites - except secure ones Hopefully the solution is in the log file to follow Thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Internet access blocked but can access secure sites MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS acsd exe C WINDOWS twain SiPix SCBlink Srvany exe C WINDOWS System drivers CDAC BA EXE C WINDOWS twain SiPix SCBlink USBPNP exe C Program Files Common Files Command Software dvpapi exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA NORTON navapw exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C Program Files Dell Support Alert bin DAMon exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files NuCam CamCheck CamCheck exe C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files ANI ANIWZCS Service WZCSLDR exe C Program Files eBay eBay Toolbar eBayTBDaemon exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe C Program Files Zero Knowledge Freedom Freedom exe C Program Files Dell Computer Dell Image Expert IXApplet exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared wkcalrem exe c Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe D HijackThis exe C Program Files HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dellnet com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO eBay Toolbar Helper - D E - A E- DFB- E-AAB F BD - C Program Files eBay eBay Toolbar eBayTB dll O - BHO Pop-Up Blocker BHO - C EA -E A - E -A -D B C A - C Program Files Zero Knowledge Freedom pkR dll O - BHO Form Filler BHO - E D-C B- D -B C- E A - C Program Files Zero Knowledge Freedom FreeBHOR dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar eBay Toolbar - AD -F A- D-BD -B CC DF CE - C Program Files eBay eBay Toolbar eBayTB dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE NvQTwk NvCplDaemon initialize O - HKLM Run NAV Agent C PROGRA NORTON navapw exe O - HKLM Run AdaptecDirectCD quot C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe quot O - HKLM Run Dell Alert C Program Files Dell Support Alert bin DAMon exe O - HKLM Run RealTray C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run CamCheck C Program Files NuCam CamCheck CamCheck exe O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run ANIWZCS Service C Program Files ANI ANIWZCS Service WZCSLDR exe O - HKLM Run eBayToolbar C Program Files eBay eBay Toolbar eBayTBDaemon exe O - HKLM Run Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon c Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe O - HKLM Run Freedom C Program Files Zero Knowledge Freedom Freedom exe O - HKLM RunOnce RealPlayer update C Program Files America Online a Jiti Real codec upd ... Read more

A:Internet access blocked but can access secure sites

oops posted two logs- sorry . great first post

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/internet-access-blocked-but-can-access-secure-sites-69117.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have checked out several forums on the Internet about this problem but don t seem to get the help I need to solve it I cannot view websites like- -http msjasztalsfourthgrade site shutterfly com Web album for my classroom Tells me the website doesn t exist and gives me a list of alternative websites to visit -Every once in a while but not every time- http www hotmail com to access my in Stressful viewing issue websites "secure" webmail -Walgreens com photo upload section Gives me a blank page- http photo walgreens com THIS IS A HUGE PROBLEM -http www sitemeter Stressful issue in viewing "secure" websites com a stats amp s s msjasztal This is a site tracker for my classroom website tells me the website doesn t exist These websites work on the other computer in the house so I know it s my computer I especially have come to realize that other people have had this problem It Stressful issue in viewing "secure" websites happened suddenly a few days ago- though I have made some positive changes to my computer in the past day also where I cleared history cookies and temporary internet files as well as cleaned up some folders things like photo folders in My Documents To my knowledge nothing changed with the security of my computer though I presume that is what could have happened I honestly don t want to go back to that time and date as I don t want to undo the good things I have done to my computer since I am at wit s end with this I have IE and Windows XP I have been into the Tools menu several times trying to follow the instructions of others to solve this problem I looked at my settings for websites and have checked SSL TLS I also read somewhere to UNcheck TLS so I did that at one time also For the record I don t even know what those are so I don t even know what I am checking and unchecking I read in several forums that this problem can be fixed I just have no idea where to begin troubleshooting this issue I did not update my Windows Explorer lately and have had no problems previously with IE I have had it since December So for a year and a half I have been using the same web browser Should I update my web browser Should I go back into the tools folder to fix something in there Is there an update I need to install to fix this issue Remember it is not all websites but just secure ones Apparently my mom had this problem when she updated from IE to IE However I didn t do this I already had IE nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

I have checked viewing Stressful "secure" issue websites in out several forums on the Internet about this problem but don't seem to get the help I need to solve it I cannot view websites like- -http Stressful issue in viewing "secure" websites msjasztalsfourthgrade site shutterfly com Web album for my classroom Tells me the website doesn't exist and gives me a list of alternative websites to visit -Every once in a while but not every time- http www hotmail com to access my webmail -Walgreens com photo upload section Gives me a blank page- http photo Stressful issue in viewing "secure" websites walgreens com THIS IS A HUGE PROBLEM -http www sitemeter com a stats amp s s msjasztal This is a site tracker for my classroom website tells me the website doesn't exist These websites work on the other computer in the house so I know it's my computer I especially have come to realize that other people have had this problem It happened suddenly a few days ago- though I have made some positive changes to my computer in the past day also where I cleared history cookies and temporary internet files as well as cleaned up some folders things like photo folders in My Documents To my knowledge nothing changed with the security of my computer though I presume that is what could have happened I honestly don't want to go back to that time and date as I don't want to undo the good things I have done to my computer since I am at wit's end with this I have IE and Windows XP I have been into the Tools menu several times trying to follow the instructions of others to solve this problem I looked at my settings for websites and have checked SSL TLS I also read somewhere to UNcheck TLS so I did that at one time also For the record I don't even know what those are so I don't even know what I am checking and unchecking I read in several forums that this problem can be fixed I just have no idea where to begin troubleshooting this issue I did not update my Windows Explorer lately and have had no problems previously with IE I have had it since December So for a year and a half I have been using the same web browser Should I update my web browser Should I go back into the tools folder to fix something in there Is there an update I need to install to fix this issue Remember it is not all websites but just secure ones Apparently my mom had this problem when she updated from IE to IE However I didn't do this I already had IE

A:Stressful issue in viewing "secure" websites

Oh, go to this website, also...
http://www.teachingvision.org/

Look at the right side of my website under where the date is posted. I cannot view the blue box that usually comes up. It has tips for parents and is updated through the Parent Institute daily. It's coming up as a box with an X in the top right hand corner.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stressful-issue-in-viewing-secure-websites-268780.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I recently have not had the ability to access anything secure aol mail campus email AIM etc I really need to clear up this problem I have seen similar posts and therefore have gotten hijackthis to try and shed some light on the problem The results of the scan are as help, Please secure Cannot anything access follows Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Please help, Cannot access anything secure System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBPoll exe C WINDOWS system sstray exe C WINDOWS system LxrJD s exe C WINDOWS zHotkey exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxbrbmgr exe C PROGRA LEXMAR LXBRKsk exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxbrbmon exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXE C Program Files Spyware Doctor swdoctor exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxbrcmon exe C Program Files Webroot Washer wwDisp exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor sdhelp exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBTray exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXE C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Kyle Raysor My Documents Media My Music spooph HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www wesley edu R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer N - Netscape user pref quot browser startup homepage quot quot http home netscape com quot C Documents and Settings Kyle Raysor Application Data Mozilla Profiles default lpgnwzoq slt prefs js N - Netscape user pref quot browser search defaultengine quot quot http www google com quot C Documents and Settings Kyle Raysor Application Data Mozilla Profiles default lpgnwzoq slt prefs js O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Norton Internet Security - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - BHO NAV Helper - A F D D-E - D -B A - BB FDD - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton Internet Security - B EAC - D - b e- B -A C A A - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlo... Read more

A:Please help, Cannot access anything secure

Closing thread.

Please continue here:

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?t=518127

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-cannot-access-anything-secure.516015/
Relevancy 47.73%

I am getting Internet Explorer errors (The page cannot be displayed; Cannot find server or DNA error) when I try to get to any non-secure website. I have no problems getting to secure websites.
- This problem started suddenly a couple weeks ago.
- I am using Windows XP
- I am using IE 6.0 and have installed Service Pack 2 some time ago
- I have run ping and got a response
- I use AOL with no problems
- I can get my mail with Outlook Express
- I have disabled Norton Internet Security and still had the problem
- I have run Spysweeper and found nothing.
- I have run System Restore but I still have the problem

I would greatly appreciate some ideas on what I can try to fix this. My search in this forum didn't seem to give me anything I could try.

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-find-server-on-non-secure-websites-only.417720/
Relevancy 47.3%

I am unable to enter any secure web page Can you see any thing here that may cause this kind of problem Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe secure pages can't access C F FServer exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared wkcalrem exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Internet can't access secure pages Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security NISUM EXE C hijacked HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http rd yahoo com customize sbcyd search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http rd yahoo com customize sbcyd www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http rd yahoo com customize sbcyd hoo sbc com dsl R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http rd yahoo com customize sbcyd hoo sbc com dsl R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http rd yahoo com customize sbcyd search ie html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http rd yahoo com customize sbcyd www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http rd yahoo com customize sbcyd hoo sbc com dsl R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http rd yahoo com customize sbcyd www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Common ycomp dll O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Common ycomp dll O - Toolbar FDA Bar - C C- C - A - BDA- DD A FF - C Program Files Free Downloads Accelerator fdabar dll O - HKLM Run ccApp C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run IPInSightMonitor quot C Program Files SBC Yahoo Connection Manager IP InSight IPMon exe quot O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run SpySweeper C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe O - Global Startup Falcon Server lnk C F FServer exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Global Startup Microsoft Works Calendar Reminders lnk O - Global Startup Symantec Fax Starter Edition Port lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OLFSNT EXE O - Extra context menu item Download with Free Downloads Accelerator - C Program Files Free Downloads Accelerator fdaie htm O - Extra context menu item Yahoo Dictionary - file C Program Files Yahoo Common ycdict htm O - Extra context menu item Yahoo Search - file C Program Files Yahoo Common ycsrch htm O - Extra context menu item Yahoo Thesaurus - file C Program Files Yahoo Common ycthes htm O - Extra button Yahoo Login HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Yahoo Login HKLM O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - DPF FDEC -A - FE-BF -D FD DAE UCSearch ucUCSearch - http www armbender com UCSearch CAB O - DPF - F - BB - D -FA ... Read more

A:can't access secure pages

C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\NISUM.EXE

Norton Internet Security can cause it if the "Privacy" feature is enabled.

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58963&highlight=norton+internet+security

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-access-secure-pages.194597/
Relevancy 47.3%

Last week my DSL would not access certain sites For example I could come to the TSG forum but I could not access the page to write or post a message This problem with Access Sites Cannot DSL Secure corrected itself after switching Cannot Access Secure Sites with DSL from IE to Firefox but I think that is coincidence Today I tried to access secure sites https and I cannot access them I tried my online banking account and ebay Sometimes it just times out but once ebay returned with a screen saying something was preventing cookies from being downloaded The big problem is that it is not a browser problem or a security problem All three browsers don t work IE Mozilla Firefox I set all the setting right SSL s allow cookies firewall amp virus scan off Here is the kicker when I access the net via dialup I can get everywhere I have access to secure sites without hesistation Does anyone have a clue My gut says its a virus What else could it be that prevents the DSL from working and not the dialup nbsp

A:Cannot Access Secure Sites with DSL

Without finding anything exciting over the web, I bit the bullet and reinstalled windows XP from scratch. My logic was it was either a virus or a problem with the network card or router.

After the reinstall, I noticed a virus which was infecting my system. The little bugger is called HWCLOCK.exe. Not only did it immediately reinfect (I had tried to keep a few files) it also took out my HJT right after I ran it. I reformatted both HDD's and reinstalled. Everything is working okay for now. I'll keep everyone updated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-access-secure-sites-with-dsl.366934/
Relevancy 47.3%

hi, not sure if this is a windows 7 problem or not, i have changed to windows 7 last week and yesterday noticed that i cant seem to access any secure sites, eg barclays log in page and tesco/asda payment page, (https pages). get the same problem on chrome, firefox and ie. My wife says she has used the computer to access bank account but i cant think of anything that may have changed since then.
can ayone help.please
just noticed i can access gmail which is a secure site.

A:cant access secure sites

Make sure you have the correct date and time on your computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-access-secure-sites.993860/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have tried relentlessly to access the following secure website: https://stars.global.lmco.com.
I have tried to access it through IE 8, Firefox, GoogleChrome browsers with the same, similar messages. IE says "Internet Explorer cannot display webpage." I have tried this on three different computers at home, with the same results. I have deleted cookies and browsing history on all computers, I've made sure the through Internet Options, that TSL and SSL (all versions) are checked, I've rebooted all computers. When I do the nslookup stars.global.lmco.com, it says that is cannot find an address for it. I can access this URL from PCs at work just fine, so I know the webpage is fine. I found some website the discussed changing the MAC address, but my husband was reluctant to do that. I'm at a complete loss and completely frustrated, hoping your smart folks can help! Thanks very much!

A:Cannot Access Secure WebSite

Your site is not opening for anybody. Make sure you have the correct address.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-access-secure-website.964257/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi,

Some months ago I receive wonderful help from this site (rootkit infection). One of the suggestions was to install Hostsman and it was OK until it blocked some sites we used a lot (as Meebo and ESPN fantasy). We edited exclusions and that seemed to work for a little time. The sites were blocked again and excluding them in Hostsman did not help at all.
I found a post recommending to add manual deletion of some files after uninstalling Hostsman in the usual way (http://oldforum.abelhadigital.com/ar/t145.htm). but it did not work. Those sites are still blocked. I ran the software the post recommended to clean the registry, but it found thousands of invalid entries and I did not trust it to clean the registry.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/366739/cannot-access-secure-sites/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi all,
I have a friend who had a dial up connection. He recently switch to Broad Band. Once he swithc to Broad Band, he was not able to acces any websites that use secure sites. I took his computer and looked at it at home. I also have broadband and hes computer had no problems using my connection. I could connect to any site I chose. I took his computer back to his house and he still has the same problem. I have no clue what could be wrong. Any ideas? Can it be the Broad Band modem? Any clues or ideas would be greatly appreciated. By the way, he uses firefox as his browser. Neither firefox nor IE will work on secure sites. Pc specs are p4 1.6 Ghz 256 memory XP Professional SP2. Thank you in advance

Relevancy 47.3%

I recently got a new computer which runs XP and I can't access secure sites over sites secure XP with access Can't the net I've done a search and loads of people apparently have this Can't access secure sites with XP problem I've tried so many solutions that have been mentioned - playing about with internet settings system restore updating dll files and everything that is mentioned on the microsoft support site and then some and nothing works A lot of people seem to have this problem associated with Can't access secure sites with XP norton antivirus which I did install but have since uninstalled and still no access to secure sites I'm at my wits end and wondered if anyone here could help because a lot of people don't seem to be able to solve this problem at all from what I've read This problem occurs with both IE and firefox I'm running service pack as far as I'm aware which form what I've read could have something to do with the problem I don't know if the best thing is just to reformat because its a bit drastic and others who have tried that say it did no good Please please help me if you can Surely it can't be unfixable I have a hijack this log if thats any help Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI SAgent exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Softwin BitDefender Communicator xcommsvr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system RunDll exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdoesrv exe C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdnagent exe C PROGRA TWINTO mouseElf exe C PROGRA TWINTO mHotkey exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S IC EXE C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Nikon PictureProject NkbMonitor exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware GIANTAntiSpywareMain exe C Program Files Common Files Softwin BitDefender Scan Server bdss exe C Program Files Softwin BitDefender vsserv exe c program files softwin bitdefender bdmcon exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www gocyberlink com registrat Brown amp Lang Enu O - HKLM Run Cmaudio RunDll cmicnfg cpl CMICtrlWnd O - HKLM Run gcasServ quot C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run BDMCon C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdmcon exe O - HKLM Run BDOESRV C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdoesrv exe O - HKLM Run BDNewsAgent quot c program files softwin bitdefender bdnagent exe quot O - HKLM Run mouseElf C PROGRA TWINTO mouseElf exe O - HKLM Run mHotKey C PROGRA TWINTO mHotkey exe O - HKLM Run EPSON Stylus C Series C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S IC EXE P quot EPSON Stylus C Series quot O quot USB quot M quot Stylus C quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - Global Startup NkbMonitor exe lnk C Program Files Nikon PictureProject NkbMonitor exe O - Global Startup Ulead Photo Express Calendar Checker For My Custom Edition lnk C Program Files Ulead Systems Ulead Photo Express My Custom Edition CalCheck exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PRO... Read more

A:Can't access secure sites with XP

Well it wouldn't be your isp...it probably has something to do with your security settings, or norton...

1.) Tools > Internet Options > Advanced (scroll down) > make sure "Use SSL 2.0" and "Use SSL 3.0" are both checked.

2. ) Use rnav2003.exe to make sure norton is uninstalled.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-access-secure-sites-with-xp-70245.html
Relevancy 47.3%

hi, im having a very frustrating problem, Everytime i try to buy something from newegg or any other site, I Cannot enter their secure server, instead it just says waiting Secure.newegg.com.

Is there any way i have to configure my router? because no matter what sight i try to buy stuff on, when i enter their secure server i cannot get in it, therefore it wont load the page. I have my windows firewall off, and i deleted all cookies. im guessing its my router preventing me from accessing the secure server? sometimes routers are the ghey.

Any insight or guidance would be great, whenever the link is changed to HTTPS which is the Secure server of that site, i cant access it.

A:Cant Access Secure Servers please help

I doubt that it is the router, but the easy way for you to check that is by connecting your computer directly to the modem.

I more suspect you're lacking an encryption protocol, such as the SSL3.0 or TLS1.0 that I use on Firefox and have had no problems buying bargains.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-access-secure-servers-please-help.628599/
Relevancy 47.3%

Having trouble accessing secure websites....No antivirus or firewalls on this machine, XP SP1..I have reset all internet options(security,,privacy,,etc) back to default settings,made sure cookies are accepted, cleared ssl and auto complete password info, tried creating new user profile,,cleared cache,,deleted cookies,,cleared history,,added secure site to trusted sites,,made sure it wasnt listed in restricted,,shut down all non essential programs and services through msconfig,re-registered .dll files. The only thing I can think of to try at this point is uninstall/reinstall IE....If anyone has any info on this issue I would really appreciate some tips before I have to reinstall IE.

Relevancy 47.3%

I've spent the last couple of hours utterly confused as Sites Secure Access 2 Vol. Can't to why my computer just suddenly stopped working like it should I like the other topic Can't Access Secure Sites Vol. 2 similar to mine cannot access any Secure websites such as hotmail paypal my College website my page on Ebay ect I've tried reinstalling the browsers this happens both on Firefox and IE reinstalling my BIOS installed and used winsockxpfix and pretty much Can't Access Secure Sites Vol. 2 everything but throw the computer out the window I've searched high and low on Google without any luck From what I can tell from the last topic I have an identical issue as Can't Access Secure Sites Vol. 2 celloz and divingbuddy only their solutions aren't working for me It isn't my router as my roommate uses the same one without any issues Please help I'm dying Edit Just a few more helpful insights I am using XP SP this is my error Data Transfer Interrupted The connection to com was interrupted while the page was loading The browser connected successfully but the connection was interrupted while transferring information Please try again Are you unable to browse other sites Check the computer's network connection Still having trouble Consult your network administrator or Internet provider for assistance

A:Can't Access Secure Sites Vol. 2

I'm getting this exact message too... can anyone help?
I've tried everything in all the previous topics!

Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/204667/cant-access-secure-sites-vol-2/
Relevancy 47.3%

Here is a small tutorial based upon secure sites and their complications Internet Explorer Cannot Connect to Secure Web Sites --- There are a number of possible causes which in turn have suggested fixes You can test your ability to connect Sites Can't Secure Access to SSL Can't Access Secure Sites sites using these SSL tests Microsoft or EbayIf you get the quot page cannot be displayed quot then I'm afraid you can't access SSL sites An example of this picture can be found here Here are the steps that you should try to fix your quot secure sites problem quot Verify that Internet Explorer Is Using -Bit Encryption In Internet Explorer on the Help menu click About Internet Explorer The level of encryption on your computer appears next to the words Cipher Strength Verify that the Cipher Strength value appears as -bit If the Cipher Can't Access Secure Sites Strength is anything less then -bit download the quot Explorer Internet High Encryption Pack quot to your computer's hard disk and then install it Delete Temporary Internet Files There's also a possibility of some corrupted files in your Temporary Internet Files TIF storage You should clear these In Internet Explorer on the Tools menu click Internet Options and select the General tab Under Temporary Internet files click Delete Files and click OK when you are prompted to confirm the deletionConfigure Security settings for the Trusted sites zone in Internet Explorer In Internet Explorer on the Tools menu click Internet Options and select the Security tab Select Trusted sites and then click Default Level Add the secure Web site you are trying to access to the Trusted sites zone To do so click Sites type the address URL of the site in the Add this Web site to the zone box Click Add click OK and then click ApplyClear the Secure Sockets Layer SSL slate and AutoComplete history In Internet Explorer on the Tools menu click Internet Options and select the Content tab Under Certificates click Clear SSL State Click OK when you receive the message that the SSL cache was successfully cleared Under Personal information click AutoComplete Under Clear AutoComplete history click Clear Forms Click OK when you are prompted to confirm the operation Verify that Internet Explorer is configured to use SSL and SSL In Internet Explorer click on the Tools menu click Internet Options and select the Advanced tab In the Settings box under the Security header click to select the Use SSL and Use SSL check boxes if they are not already selected and then click OKVerify that the Date and Time Settings on Your Computer Are Correct Because SSL certificates have an expiration date if the date on your computer isn't correct it may prevent you from connecting to secure sites To verify that your computer is configured with the correct date and time settings Click Start gt click Control Panel Click Date Time Language and Regional Options and then click Date and Time Select the Date amp Time tab Check to make sure that the date and time settings are configured to use the current date and time and then click OKCheck the file integrity of the IE and Outlook Click Start gt Run gt quot sfc scannow quot without quotes It might ask for the Windows CD to upload the corrupted files Click Start gt Run gt regsvr softpub dll without quotes and wait for the OK message then try again Here are some Microsoft Knowledge Base articles dealing with this problem that you may like to look at if you aren't able to solve the problem Just Google the error number and you should find some additional info on it - Cipher Strength Appears as -Bit in Internet Explorer - Error Message When You Try to Connect to Secure Site Client Certificate Has Expired or Is Not Yet Valid - quot The Page Cannot Be Displayed quot Error Message When You Try to View Web Page on a Secure Web Site - Page Cannot Be Displayed Error During SSL Server Session Timeout - Internet Explorer Connectivity and Certificate Display Issues - You Cannot Access Your MSN E-ma... Read more

A:Can't Access Secure Sites

d-trojanator~
i was surprised to see my problem in one of the first forums i chose. i have had this problem for several months now, and i tried all the suggestions on your post, however none of them worked. having my computer at home is almost pointless without this ability. do you have any more suggestions? my dsl provider once told me that there was a bug that caused this. i have ran all my virus software, my firewall is off (other than windows) i have spybot and have ran it, everything is coming up with nothing...i don't know what else to do. i even did a system restore all the way back to october. please help!!
any help you can give will be greatly appreciated!!
thanks
amanda

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/41067/cant-access-secure-sites/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi All,

I have suddenly lost access to any of my secure sites. For example I can get on to the HMRC site but when I want to log in to pay online VAT I'm blocked. Same for bank accounts etc.

IE diagnostics says ' Windows cannot connect to internet using HTTP, HTTPS or FTP. This probably caused by firewall settings on this computer. Check if firewall settings for this HTTP port (443) and FTP port (21).

Can anyone xplain how a do this in a simple way for a newbie.

Relevancy 47.3%

I have been plagued with this problem for quite some time and on multiple computers at my work. I'm pretty sure its a virus that only allows access to secure website like owa and will give a page cannot be displayed message for any normal ones. The funny thing is that it only affects a certain profile on the machine and if I just delete the profile and create a new it works fine. I believe we have seen this problem on 5+ machines at different sites which have no connection to each other other than email through owa. I haven't seen any correlation between the affected computers and our anti-virus, Kaspersky, doesn't pick it up. I just want to know if anyone else has seen this and if they have suggestions for blocking it because even though it is easy to fix it is still annoying. Thank you in advance!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-only-access-secure-sites.969869/
Relevancy 47.3%

My computer access secure Can't sites only works fine and has no other problems but when I try and view https sites I get an error message reading quot Internet Can't access secure sites only Explorer cannot display the webpage quot in IE and using Firefox and Chrome yields similar results Also The attachment manager isn t working properly when I click on it nothing happens The message in the IE tray at the bottom reads quot Error on page quot So I have it I just can t attach the DDS attach txt file Thank you so much for your help and let me know what I can do to assist you Matt Schaab System info Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard LENOVO LENOVO Antivirus Norton Internet Security Updated No On-Demand Scanner Enabled Hijack this scan results Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system acs exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security ISSVC exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkService exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon Can't access secure sites only exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system cba pds exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Can't access secure sites only Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared wkcalrem exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C WINDOWS STK N STK NM exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Documents and Settings Matt Local Settings Application Data Autobahn mlb-nexdef-autobahn exe C Program Files ZyXEL M- M- exe C PROGRA Symantec SYMANT NSCTOP EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe c program files lenovo system update suservice exe C Program Files Common Files Lenovo tvt reg monitor svc exe C Program Files Lenovo Rescue and Recovery rrservice exe C Program Files Common Files Lenovo Scheduler tvtsched exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Common Files Lenovo Logger logmon exe c WINDOWS system ZuneBusEnum exe C WINDOWS system ams ii hndlrsvc exe C WINDOWS system MsgSys EXE C WINDOWS system ams ii iao exe C WINDOWS system cba xfr exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Documents and Settings Matt Desktop HijackThis exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Matt Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE YYZDZAJI HijackThis exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AUpdate exe C PROGRA Symantec LIVEUP LUCOMS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http search babylon com home AF R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www lenovo com welcome desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe C Documents and Settin... Read more

A:Can't access secure sites only

Delete any existing version of ComboFix you have sitting on your desktop
Please read and follow all these instructions very carefully​ Do not edit or remove any information or user names etc, otherwise we cannot fix the problem. If you insist on editing out anything then I will close the topic & refuse to offer any help.

Download ComboFix from Here or Hereto your Desktop.
As you download it rename it to username123.exe
**Note: It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop and run from the desktop and not any other folder on your computer**
--------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.
Very Important! Temporarily disable your anti-virus and anti-malware real-time protection and any script blocking components of them or your firewall before performing a scan. They can interfere with ComboFix or remove some of its embedded files which may cause "unpredictable results" or stop combofix running at all
Click on THIS LINK to see instructions on how to temporarily disable many security programs while running combofix. The list does not cover every program. If yours is not listed and you don't know how to disable it, please ask.
Remember to re enable the protection again after combofix has finished
--------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Close any open browsers and any other programs you might have running
Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.​If you are using windows XP It might display a pop up saying that "Recovery console is not installed, do you want to install?"
Please select yes & let it download the files it needs to do this. Once the recovery console is installed Combofix will then offer to scan for malware. Select continue or yes.
When finished, it will produce a report for you.
Please post the "C:\ComboFix.txt" for further review
****Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall or freeze ****

Note: ComboFix may reset a number of Internet Explorer's settings, including making it the default browser.
Note: Combofix prevents autorun of ALL CDs, floppies and USB devices to assist with malware removal & increase security. If this is an issue or makes it difficult for you -- please tell us when you reply. Read HERE why we disable autoruns

Please do not install any new programs or update anything (always allow your antivirus/antispyware to update) unless told to do so while we are fixing your problem. If combofix alerts to a new version and offers to update, please let it. It is essential we always use the latest version.

Please tell us if it has cured the problems or if there are any outstanding issues

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-access-secure-sites-only.988150/
Relevancy 47.3%

Vista Home Premium cannot access secure sites (https). Further testing shows IE7 Cipher Strength as 0-bits, but needs to be 128 or 256-bits.

How do I fix?

A:Cannot access secure sites

Ummm, my Vista Ultimate has IE 32bit and IE 64bit, and both are 256bit cipher standard:

I checked my parents computer running Vista Home Premium and the 32bit version of IE in there is also 256bit.

Have you tried Internet Explorer - Reset

Also, I would ***highly*** recommend a virus and malware scan of your system.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/166443-cannot-access-secure-sites.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I am unable to access my secure sites although all the connections seem to be ok. The ssl and tls protocols are enabled. Since I do all my banking on line, this is a real problem for me. Any suggestions??

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/access-to-secure-site-152883.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello, a friend is having a problem since a few days. He can only access his banking site (https) but cannot access any other sites. Windows mail works. He can access the internet through another computer that uses xp, but I'm not sure if the problem is related to Vista. I tried several things but without succes : disabling the firewal, disabling Norton antivirus, installing Firefox

Does anyone had the same problem recently and resolved it ? Does someone have any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/207299-can-only-access-secure-sites.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Vista Home Premium cannot access https sites with IE but can with Firefox, so it isn't a firewall port problem.
IE says Cipher Strength is 0-bits and should be 128-bits. How do I change?

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/features/details/IE7security.mspx

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-access-secure-sites.106559/
Relevancy 47.3%

I can only access secure sites. Any suggestions?

A:Can only access secure sites

helloa nd welcome to tsf

please do this

click Start => Run an copy and paste this command into the run box:

notepad %windir%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

press OK.

a notepad file should pop up copy and paste everything in the notepad file back into this thread.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/can-only-access-secure-sites-230194.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Two computers out of about 35 in our company can not access secure web sites. Non secure sites are no problem, but when I try to go to a secure site I get the page can not be displayed message. Ran Adaware and AVG, both clean. Checked Advanced settings in Tools>Internet Options everything looks good. Any suggestions?

A:Can't access secure web sites

did you try setting to defaults in internet options under advanced tab ? ( just to make sure they are all ok. ) Also try an online scan. Try one of the links below. I would suggest panda in this case.

regards.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/cant-access-secure-web-sites-66679.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I get an error message when trying to access secure sites can t access page I ran hijack this and got this O - Extra button can't access sites secure PartyPoker com - B FE D - AA - F - C B- A F E - C Program Files PartyPoker PartyPoker exe file missing O - Extra Tools menuitem PartyPoker com - B FE D - AA - F - C B- A F E - C Program Files PartyPoker PartyPoker exe file missing O - can't access secure sites Extra button Related - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - C WINDOWS web related htm O - Extra Tools menuitem Show amp Related Links - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - C WINDOWS web related htm O - Extra button Real com - CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE - C WINDOWS System Shdocvw dll O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger MSMSGS EXE O - Extra can't access secure sites Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger MSMSGS EXE O - DPF - - - - - ms-its mhtml file C foo mht http bin wordsx cc fQX x uM - QnZiyAZ chm on-line exe O - DPF B CD - E - D - - A C Yahoo Audio Conferencing - http can't access secure sites us chat yimg com us yimg com i chat applet v yacscom cab O - DPF B E B- D - C C- - FD F D InstallShield Setup Player K - https www opinionsquare com Config setup exe O - DPF F EECCE-E - D - - D F LPViewer Class - http www mgisoft com ActiveX LPControl cab O - DPF A CF B-EC A- D-A D- DC B AB B QDiagAOLCCUpdateObj Class - http aolcc aol com computercheckup qdiagcc cab O - DPF E BD F- B D- E-DEFA-EB B D FA D - http lovefreegames aavalue com LFG Bundle lovefreegames live cab O - DPF ED DDF - - BBE- - A EDB D A - http download av aol com molbin shared mcinsctl en-us mcinsctl cab O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http v windowsupdate microsoft c ls en x client wuweb site cab O - DPF E F- D - A - DD -E EEEC Symantec RuFSI Utility Class - http security symantec com sscv SharedContent common bin cabsa cab O - DPF D E C -BD A- D - A - A D Yahoo Audio UI - http chat yahoo com cab yacsui cab O - DPF F F- EB - BD - FDC- F A F A Microsoft RDP Client Control redist - http www taxsimple com TSWeb msrdp cab O - DPF B FB- A B- - AF - E F C cpbrkpie Control - http a g akamai net ftp coupons com v cpbrkpie cab O - DPF B E - ECB- DA- C A- F A FF MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class - http messenger msn com download MsnMessengerSetupDownloader cab O - DPF B E -F F - D -A CE- B FB D D CDToolCtrl Class - http free aol com tryaolfree cdt aolcdt cab O - DPF BCC FF - D - -A E-C E ADA - http download av aol com molbin shared mcgdmgr en-us mcgdmgr cab O - DPF FA A FA-CA B- D - - B EA - file D games WebDriverFullInstall exe O - Service AOL Connectivity Service AOL ACS - America Online - C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe O - Service AOL TopSpeed Monitor AOL TopSpeedMonitor - America Online Inc - C Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exe O - Service AOL Spyware Protection Service AOLService - Unknown owner - C Program Files Common Files AOL AOL Spyware Protection aolserv exe O - Service Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service navapsvc - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe O - Service Norton Internet Security Service NISSERV - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Norton Internet Security NISSERV EXE O - Service Norton Internet Security Accounts Manager NISUM - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Norton Internet Security NISUM EXE O - Service ScriptBlocking Service SBService - Symantec Corporation - C PROGRA COMMON SYMANT SCRIPT SBServ exe O - Service Symantec Network Drivers Service SNDSrvc - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe O - Service Norton Internet Security Proxy Service SymProxySvc - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Norton Internet Security SymProxySvc exe O - Service SymWMI Service SymWSC - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe Any ideas I am out of em and this is annoying me nbsp

A:can't access secure sites

first of all of do you have a router also try this test for me open a cmd windows start run type cmd then type ping and the site you cant acess tell me if you get any replied also do you have any software firewall ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-access-secure-sites.341658/
Relevancy 47.3%

Whenever I attempt to connect to a secure site or any site requiring a password using Netscape 6.2, I get a "The connection was refused when attempting to contact (site name).
The same thing apparently happens when attempting to access such sites w/ my I.E. browser also, except I get the "page cannot be displayed" page.
I have checked the versions of both browsers & they both say they support 128 bit encryption.

Relevancy 47.3%

I have Windows XP and my computer won't allow me on secure websites. It will allow me to browse the internet but it wont let me on anything that requires me to sign in, such as my emails, bank accounts, or social networks like Facebook. I have tried everything, I ran Malawarebytes and Adaware. I found a forum that was talking about a similar situation and someone suggested MouseMatrix which it allowed me to get on those sites through that? It's like something is blocking me from getting on theses sites.

I have about gave up and was going to take it to get it repaired? But, I feel like it may be something simple...I hope so anyways.

Thanks, April

A:can't access secure sites...HELP!

You didn't say which web-browser it's happening with (no longer can we safely assume it's Internet Explorer now that it has at least one popular rival). Anyhow, the link below will take you to a page that suggests things to try if you are an IE user.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic41067.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-access-secure-sites-help-536479.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi,

I am running windows 10 with latest updates installed.

I've had it since launch and RDP has been working flawlessly.

I recently installed F-Secure to try and decided to uninstall it as I wasn't keen on it. Since then, my RDP hasn't worked at all.

Nothing has changed from my perspective in terms of RDP settings, firewall rules and ports being used, I just can't get a connection to the remote computer at all. That's from LAN and WAN connections.

I've double checked router port rules and windows firewall rules and all are as they were.

I've tried to even connect by turning off the windows firewall, and I still get the same error.

Any ideas from anyone?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/69232-no-rdp-access-after-f-secure-uninstall.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a dell w/xphome. I have a norton/symantec anti virus good until 6/2007. I have bellsouthdsl. Bell service told me it was a "firewall problem". I have been unable to get help from norton. For example, I can go to www.aa.com but when I put dates and flights in & "select", I cannot go to what I think is a "secure" site.

I have seen this issue in the past where Norton was the culprit. Disable the program to see if it has any effect. In some situations removing Norton completely was the only solution. Below is a list of other things you may want to try.

Check Firewall/Network Configuration. Make sure that the SSL port (port 443) is open on your network/firewall. This includes software firewalls as well as any hardware firewalls such as a router.
Check your System Cryptogrophy settings:

Control Pannel > Administrative tools > Local Security Settings. Open up Local Policies > Security Options > Verify that "System Cryptogrophy: Use FIPS compliant algorythms for encryption" is set to disabled.

Even though XP should come standard with the correct encryption pack, verify that Internet Explorer Is Using 128-Bit Encryption:

In Internet Explorer, on the Help menu, click About Internet Explorer. The level of encryption on your computer appears next to the words Cipher Strength. Verify that the Cipher Strength value appears as 128-bit. If the Cipher Strength is anything less then 128-bit, download the "Explorer Internet High Encryption Pack" from Microsoft

Delete Temporary Internet Files

There's also a possibility of some corrupted files in your Temporary Internet Files (TIF) storage. You should clear these. In Internet Explorer, on the Tools menu, click Internet Options, and select the General tab. Under Temporary Internet files, click Delete Files, and click OK when you are prompted to confirm the deletion

Configure Security settings for the Trusted sites zone in Internet Explorer:

In Internet Explorer, on the Tools menu, click Internet Options, and select the Security tab. Select Trusted sites, and then click Default Level. Add the secure Web site you are trying to access to the Trusted sites zone. To do so, click Sites, type the address (URL) of the site in the Add this Web site to the zone box. Click Add, click OK, and then click Apply

Clear the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) slate and AutoComplete history:

In Internet Explorer, on the Tools menu, click Internet Options, and select the Content tab. Under Certificates, click Clear SSL State. Click OK when you receive the message that the SSL cache was successfully cleared. Under Personal information, click AutoComplete. Under Clear AutoComplete history, click Clear Forms. Click OK when you are prompted to confirm the operation.

Verify that Internet Explorer is configured to use SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0

In Internet Explorer, click on the Tools menu, click Internet Options, and select the Advanced tab. In the Settings box, under the Security header, click to select the Use SSL 2.0 and Use SSL 3.0 check boxes (if they are not already selected), and then click OK

Verify that the Date and Time Settings on Your Computer Are Correct:

If the date on your computer isn't correct, it may prevent you from connecting to secure sites since SSL certificates have an expiration date. To verify that your computer is configured with the correct date and time settings Click Start > click Control Panel > Click Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options, and then click Date and Time, Select the Date & Time tab. Check to make sure that the date and time settings are configured to use the current date and time, and then click OK
Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-access-secure-sites.532612/
Relevancy 47.3%

using ie5 and winxp sp0...cant update b/c updater uses secure connection. with all security settings on minimum and firewall off and all secure connections on advanced tab in ie5 checked, i still cant get a secure connection (paypal, school accnts, etc). anyone got any ideas?

A:!access to secure connections

If you are using IE5 with XP that may be the problem. It may be possible but I have not heard of anyone successfully installing IE5 on XP.

Anyway, try this page, http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813444

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/access-to-secure-connections-7232.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi,

Iím a complete amateur when it comes to Exchange, but I did manage to set up OWA.
Iím not sure if itís even been set up correctly. Iíve looked for online help, but the stuff Iíve found is quite confusing.

My question is about security.
We DO have a firewall, BUT Iíve had to open a port, or forward a port (whatever that means)

What Iíd like to know is; how secure is OWA?
Should I be worried about using OWA out of the office?

Thanks for you info.

BEN

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-secure-is-outlook-web-access-owa.147322/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi all, so im having issue connecting to secure sites or using software that uses secure connections

I have tried all the fixes in the stickied topic, none of which have workeed or solved my issue.

I have uninstalled my antivirus, and am now out of ideas to try.

Im using windows 7 ultimate x64, and this problem does not apply when using Firefox

I was wondering if there were any other things i could attempt to do other than the ones posted in the stickied topic (I have already tried those)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/556653/cant-access-secure-sites/
Relevancy 47.3%

I can surf, search, etc. but cant access any site that is password protected (MSNHotmail, my bank, etc). I have looked around a bit online for help and have tried a few things in TOOLS, INTERNET OPTIONS, SECURITY SETTINGS. However, I really am unsure about what I am doing and dont want to further break my system. Is this fixable? How did this happen? Can anyone please help me? I have XP, I have McAfee (if that helps).
Thanks!

A:Cant access secure sites! Help me!

I had a similar problem, but it only involved one bank account. I spent hours with the bank's tech support before they finally gave up. I don't know why, but IE has problems accessing secure sites. The bank said they are having many people with problems after installing SP2 for XP.

Anyway, I downloaded and used Firefox (Mozilla's new browser) and had no problem connecting to the secure account IE couldn't access. http://www.spreadfirefox.com/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-access-secure-sites-help-me-39652.html
Relevancy 47.3%

hey iam unable to access any secure Secure Can't Sites Access sites off my computer eg Hotmail Other computers on my wireless home network can I have deleted my antivirus program Mcafee which was my firewall and windows firewall is off I have checked all my internet browser settings and everything seems fine I plugged my modem directly into my laptop and i could accesss the sites but wireless through the router i cant and other laptops using the network can access secure sites Router is a Dlink Di I have done a port check and have discovered port is closed I turned Can't Access Secure Sites on windows firewall and added port to the exceptions list as well as i did a port forward on my router and nothing I tried using netstat and it didnt list the port at all I also tryed reregistering the dll's all came up successfull but still couldnt Can't Access Secure Sites access any secure sites I tried winsock xp as well but didnt work Iam using firefox but still occassionally use internet explorer Any help would be great Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-access-secure-sites-234202.html