Windows Support Forum

How To Connect My 3rd Party Modem To My New Provider's Service?

Q: How To Connect My 3rd Party Modem To My New Provider's Service?

About or months ago I switched to a new internet provider whom also sent me a new modem Problem is is that To My Party Modem How 3rd To Connect Provider's New My Service? this new modem prevents my burglar alarm s dial out alert system from contacting my nominated phone numbers during an activation test If I turn off the modem there is no problem the alarm works perfectly This would be fine except that my brother in law lives next door and uses my internet connection so it is inconvenient if I m away and have to switch the modem off to have the alarm fully functional Prior to the provider change over I was using a rd party TP-Link TD-W ND modem with my prior service provider This modem caused no problems at all with the function of the burglar alarm when left on Therefore I would like to use the TP-Link modem again but I can t get it to work on the new service From memory the modem that was supplied by the new provider was basically plug and play and all I did was just cable it in and there was no keyboard work required This is why I don t know why the TP modem doesn t work since I didn t change anything Evidently there are some How To Connect My 3rd Party Modem To My New Provider's Service? configurations that do need altering but I haven t got a clue Any help or ideas Tom nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: How To Connect My 3rd Party Modem To My New Provider's Service?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: How To Connect My 3rd Party Modem To My New Provider's Service?

Hello there, You need to apply the appropriate ADSL and network settings on the modem so it can connect to your new provider's network. The ISP support should provide those. Hope you get it up and running soon.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-connect-my-3rd-party-modem-to-my-new-providers-service.207609/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hello, I tried turnong it on in services and get an error code 1079. Can anyone help me?

A:The HomeGroup Provider service depends on the Function Discovery Provider Host

Hello kosikfl and Welcome -From Windows 7 forum -I was going to write the directions, but if you scroll down a bit, there is a pictured detail of how to fix this.The HomeGroup Provider service depends on the Function Discovery Provider Host I hope that this is your version of the problem. Thank You -EDITED to correct link -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/497074/the-homegroup-provider-service-depends-on-the-function-discovery-provider-host/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi,

I want to use the IPTV technology to transmit some channels. Therefore I consider to become full service provider. For my purpose I see possibilities in the market.

However I am not computer engineer, so, it is quite difficult to make some more progress

Can someone suggest me something about this, maybe there are companies that can help a lot, like selling a complete servers for service providers.

Second question is can I transmit by using servers about 5Mbps to downloaders ( the users should not notice it too much in the sense they should have enough bandwidth for other things , e.g. when someone has 30 Mbps for downloading) .

A:Service Provider

You want to look at companies that sell dedicated servers. Basically, you rent the server, put whatever applications you want on it, and they provide the data center and Tier I Internet connection. Optionally, you can go with a colocation provider. It's very similar, except you provide the servers, which you put in a partial rack (meaning you're buying rackmount servers) or cage at their data center. This does require you to be close to the data center, since they won't touch your servers for any reason unless you pay them (it's know as "remote hands"), and then only to reset, power cycle, or plug/unplug something. If you rent a server, it data center could be located anywhere in the world since you will only access it remotely.

The big cost is going to be bandwidth. IPTV is a very bandwidth-intensive service, and in either case, you pay for every data packet received or transmitted from the server. The total bandwidth required is equal the number of concurrent downloaders. If ten people are downloading at 5Mbps, you are feeding 50Mbps. If a hundred people are downloading at 5Mbps, you are feeding at 500Mbps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/service-provider.1076105/
Relevancy 59.77%

well this is my first time on the forum so im not sure this is the right section (hopefully it is), well I just want to ask a question, what is a service provider ive allready checked this on wikipedia but i dont think i really understood the information.

As i mentioned at the start im not sure if this is the right section but unless it is about the Internet (which i think it does) thanks in advance..

Relevancy 59.77%

many times i have refomatted my comp. and reinstalled a dialup modem's drivers,etc.

today,dsl is now active for my phone,however i am having diffulty installing the dsl modem/drivers. the instructions are telling me the driver is on the provided ModemCD Disk. again,many times i have installed drivers for a dialup modem,there seems to something i dont comprehend with a dsl
thanks,and i will not be able to reply toreplies til tommorrow.
( the modem is brand new)
(i am using version as a dsl provider,dsl supplied modem)

Relevancy 59.34%

After a storm a couple of days ago, we lost all internet service. I contacted my ISP (over and over...) and have been told that their remote checks reveal that we ARE geting service.

All the lights on the cable modem are on. The operator was able to 'refresh' it remotely.

We have tried connecting two different laptops directly to the modem (bypassing the WIFI) with an ethernet cable, and neither was able to access the internet. We have tried with 5 wireless devices (after reconnecting the wireless router) and cannot access the internet; however, the wireless network DOES show up.

A windows 8 diagnostic indicated that the computer was getting no IP address.

The ISP is adamant that this is OUR problem. I will be happy to provide more details, but I am not a techie and don't know where to start. Can anyone please help?? My thought is that the modem is not working properly...

Thanks!

A:I have No Internet Service though my Provider says I do

Sure does sound like a modem problem. 

Have you tried a long power cycle (unplug the modem for 30 minutes, then plug it back in) or a hard reset (see the modem manual)?  Do you own the modem or is it provided by the ISP?  If the ISP owns the modem, then insist they replace it. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/502190/i-have-no-internet-service-though-my-provider-says-i-do/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi , my problem is , my Network get " Layered service provider not configured properly " when I diagnostic and repair the Network .
How it happens : Everytime on my school website , when i try to send a attach file to my teacher using a message system on the website , it hang , connection down and I diagnostic , " Layered service provider not configured properly " . So whats happening to the LSP?

* What is the LSP ( Layered Service Provider ) anyway?

A:Layerd Service Provider

You might try LSP Fix.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/304979/layerd-service-provider/
Relevancy 59.34%

I know I have heard of small companies that resell Internet access via antenna's. I would think they have T-1 connected and broadcast to users that have a compatible antennae and some proper code to allow access.

Do any of you know what this technology is called?

I have a friend who cannot get anything high speed, but does have neighbors to share the cost.

Thnks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-service-provider-me.664645/
Relevancy 58.48%

HI There, wish you all a merry Xmas and a prosperous new year

Just a couple of quick questions on networking and service provider related, if any one can help many thanks

1 What is attenuation and the cause for it??
2 What is latency and the cause for it??
3 What has to be done if the wireless connection is intermittent , but the same works fine on ethernet.
4 What has to be done if the wireless connection is slow, but the same works fine on ethernet.
5 I have a modem and i get a connected ip address which is a public ip , but when i ping the web site or ip address of web site things are not happening, what should be done ??
6 What is Bandwidth??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/networking-and-service-provider-related.529364/
Relevancy 58.48%

How do I set my computer for Internet service after reinstalling windows xp professional 2002?
I contacted my local service provider who told me to contact Microsoft support who in-turn told me to go online on a different computer and type my problem in search and this how I came to this site.
Below is my computer info I need internet provider service.
microsoft windows xp professional 5.1.2600.2180 "[xpsp-sp2-rtm.040803-2458]" . 2002 service pack 2 build 2600 . dell intel pentium 4 CPU 2.26GHz, 256 MB of Ram . 76487-0156105126-22226 . X86-based PC .
Thanks

Relevancy 58.48%

Slaving my HD to another PC and using PC-cillin Internet Security 2007, I just found I had 7 files infected by 4 viruses, all of which were successfully quarantined. Now and for the last few weeks I've been losing my Internet connection after 10 or 15 minutes with IE7 messages like "Windows has discovered a problem with the following layered service provider (LSP): MS Netbios. Would you like Windows to remove this LSP?" After removing it and rebooting, the same or a host of similar connection problems eventually occur all over again. I've attached my HJT file, and hope someone can shed some light on this for me. Thank you in advance.

A:Disconnection by Layered Service provider(?)

I just found 7 files infected by 4 viruses (with my HD slaved to another PC and using PC-cillin Internet Security 2007), all of which were successfully quarantined. But I'm continually losing Internet connection after 10 or 15 minutes with IE7 messages like "Windows has discovered a problem with the following layered service provider (LSP): MS Netbios. Would you like Windows to remove this LSP?" After removing it and rebooting, the same or a host of similar connection problems eventually occur all over again. I've attached my HJT file, and hope someone can shed some light on this for me. Thank you in advance.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.0 (BETA)
Scan saved at 1:53:05 PM, on 4/23/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security 2007\pccguide.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.2.1128.5462\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\Program Files\Diskeeper Corporation\Diskeeper\DkService.exe
C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\PcCtlCom.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\Tmntsrv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\TmPfw.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\tmproxy.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\PcScnSrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\RealOneMessageCenter.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\WINWORD.EXE
C:\Program Files\HJT\Analyzev2.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/yco...search/ie.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/yco.../www.yahoo.com
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntos.exe,
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn1\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar3.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn1\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar3.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundM... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/disconnection-by-layered-service-provider-152543.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi All,
Can somebody please advise why Limelight Networks would be continuously uploading data to my PC?
So far, the company has used nearly 2 Gb of my bandwidth, and there doesn't appear to be anything to show for it.
This has only been occuring since my update to Windows 10 from Win 7 Ultimate.
Thanks.

A:Ongoing upload from a service provider to my PC

You might want to;
1. Go to settings
2. Go to update and security
3. Go to advanced options
4.Go to choose how updates are delivered
5. Shut off updates from more than one place
6. Make sure only PCs on my local network is checked and not PCs on the internet

This should help you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585218/ongoing-upload-from-a-service-provider-to-my-pc/
Relevancy 58.05%

I purchased this All in one new, i asked the computer shop to increase RAM from factory supplied 8GB to the max possible 16GB. They tell me if they open the computer up and break the seal the warranty is null and void. Is this the case or not, i dont see the point in buying a computer and not being able to increase RAM until the warranty period ends, why make a 16GB if i can only have 8GB.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Does-increasing-RAM-by-approved-Service-Provider-resind-HP/td-p/5617978
Relevancy 58.05%

Suddenlink Internet Usage Notice From nomail suddenlink net You may not know this sender Mark as safe Mark as junk Sent Sun AM Jun Dear Customer In the last monthly cycle your Internet account used GB That s well above the typical monthly usage of up to GB This situation could mean several things For instance a virus or quot spyware quot application might have infected your computer and started generating high levels of Internet traffic or someone else might be using your Internet connection without your knowledge To help guard against those issues please consider the following steps If you have a wireless router you may have unauthorized users logging onto your account Ensure that your router is encrypted or password-protected from service recently provider my this I email received by visiting the Web site of your router's manufacturer Viruses and spyware applications can without your knowledge generate excessive Internet traffic Install I recently received this email from my service provider and regularly update your computer s security software to minimize the risk of your Internet connection being used by an outside party for unauthorized purposes Suddenlink I recently received this email from my service provider offers a free security package for qualifying customers To learn more visit http www suddenlink com netsafety mcafee html Install software to limit or eliminate the volume of spam you receive Check with other members of your household regarding their Internet activities For instance someone in your home might leave a streaming music player running while they re away doing other things During that time your account is using bandwidth without anyone benefiting from it If you ve shared your Suddenlink Internet user ID and password with someone you suspect is causing you to exceed the typical usage range consider changing your password Some popular peer-to-peer file-sharing programs e g Bit Torrent Shareaza etc will upload shared files by default to others as fast as your connection allows This activity is often invisible to you but it can result in significant usage Check your file-sharing program preferences to make sure the upstream Internet is limited accordingly Make sure if you use a news reader e g Usenet that it is not set to automatically download message bodies for groups to which you subscribe Otherwise you may download a significant volume of material that is of no interest to you If you wish to monitor your usage we have set up a convenient way for you to do so If you haven t already done so register your account at www suddenlink net when finished click the link for My Internet Usage Summary If you re already registered at suddenlink net log on go to quot My Account quot and then click the link for quot My Internet Usage Summary quot Once there you ll be able to see how many GB you ve used at any point in a given monthly cycle and compare that usage to the typical usage for your package More information is available at http www suddenlink com usage faq Thank you for taking time to review this letter and for being our customer Suddenlink Management Since I use the same this month as the last ten I am not sure waht is going on i did the scans andhere they are eeep they are gone got to do again but anyway when i went to suddenlink to find thier supposed free virus scanner couldnt find it and dont want to download from just any site dont trust many DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Jashiree at on Tue Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup... Read more

A:I recently received this email from my service provider

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

Your Windows Vista's User Account Control UAC has been disabled. Sometimes, malware disables it, sometimes the end user does.

Please read this

Before you go any further, protect this system and re-enable that feature. Click Start>Control Panel>User Accounts and turn it back on.

Please explain why this computer has no antivirus program installed and running. This is an open invitation for infection.

It can take as little as eight seconds to infect an unprotected computer.

Please keep this computer offline except when downloading tools and posting in the forum until we get one installed.

It appears you didn't attach Attach.txt and the gmer log to your last reply.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post/attach the logs in your next reply.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/i-recently-received-this-email-from-my-service-provider-492123.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I have a few customers with the error.....The Windows Cryptographic Service Provider reported an error:  The security token does not have storage space available for an additional container.  Error Code: 2148073507
I have this issue pop up with Adobe, IBM Viewer, or even emails...I am an admin but I am not sure why this works this way with her.  She is able to work around by going to another computer but I really need to get her and two other computers fully up
and running.  All the programs are updated. 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ea2112a5-8da5-4821-897a-c805c04599d5/windows-cryptopgraphic-service-provider-error?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi We are in the process of developing a Cryptographic Service Provider CSP and a Key Storage Provider KSP which are implemented as Dynamic-link libraries dll The final product needs to be digitally signed in order for Windows to accept and use our implementations I read on MSDN that developers used to send an email to cspsign microsoft com and request that Microsoft do the signing I sent an email to them requesting more information about the process but haven't to a Provider How Service (CSP) sign Cryptographic digitally received any feedback in about three months I figured an alternative would be to buy a quot Code Signing certificate for Microsoft Authenticode quot from a trusted CA such as Symantec and use that to sign the appropriate files ourselves Would this be possible I am just not sure whether it is permitted that security products such as CSPs and KSPs can be signed by the developers themselves and whether Microsoft wants to look at the implementations first Can anyone shed some light on this

A:How to digitally sign a Cryptographic Service Provider (CSP)

A search seems to indicate that email address is still correct. There is also indications you must download a Cryptographic Provider Development Kit

Cryptographic Service Providers (Windows)

Hopefully someone with hands on experience will also respond.

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/303485-how-digitally-sign-cryptographic-service-provider-csp.html
Relevancy 58.05%

my internet connection keeps going off and I have phoned my service provider to trouble shoot but it keeps on happening intermittantly. I have restarted my computer and then it goes back online.

A:My internet connection keeps going off and I have phoned my service provider

We need a bit more information.

Is it wireless or do you connect with a cable to your router.

What version of windows are you using.

Is this a laptop or desktop with a built in wireless card or are you using a dongle.

Please provide the make and model of the PC.

Apart from that you have started this thread in the section for introducing yourself, it should be in Storage and Networking.

You may get moved but help will continue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-internet-connection-keeps-going-off-and-i-have-phoned-my-service-provider.166632/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello,

I read on http://www.file.net/prozess/wmiprvse.exe.html that my file size of wmiprvse.exe of 372.736 Bytes equals
one of the sizes under the section Viren mit gleichem Dateinamen which translates to english Viruses with same filename...

I scanned my system with malwarebytes anti malware and I have avast free antivirus on my pc. Please someone can help me?

A:wmi provider host service WmiPrvSE.exe constantly using 3 to 25 p. of my cpu

Hello michael4321, and welcome to Bleeping Computer!!

I read on http://www.file.net/prozess/wmiprvse.exe.html that my file size of wmiprvse.exe of 372.736 Bytes equals
one of the sizes under the section Viren mit gleichem Dateinamen which translates to english Viruses with same filename...

A couple of things here: I don't find file.net to be the best source of technical information because it's not always accurate. More importantly, I don't see the filesize of 372736 anywhere on that page! Where exactly do you see that number?

It's common for that service to spike CPU usage sometimes, and 3%-25% is not a problem if it comes back down again. If it's 25% all the time, then I would start to worry.

But there's an easy way we can quickly get several opinions on that file:
Go to VirusTotal.com
Click the "Choose File" button.
Navigate to the file WmiPrvSE.exe and click Open.
Click the "Scan It" button (***Note: If it says this file has already been scanned, please click "Reanalyze").
When it is finished scanning please provide a link to the results page in your next reply.
==========
Also...

I scanned my system with malwarebytes anti malware
Was anything detected?? If so, please copy and paste the logfile into your next reply. If you don't know where to find it, let me know!

==========

Depending on the VirusTotal results, we'll go from there.

Do you have any other problems with your computer?

bloopie

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/599784/wmi-provider-host-service-wmiprvseexe-constantly-using-3-to-25-p-of-my-cpu/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello I recently received an email from my service provider that they suspect malware on a computer here in my home Here s just a paragraph from the email quot You are receiving this email as Cogeco has received reports of atypical traffic from your system which is indicative of malware ie a virus or trojan It is most likely that your system has been compromised with malware that is allowing a remote entity to utilize your system resources quot Fearing the worst I started googling Malware Provider on Suspects Service Laptop(s) my and came across your site As gathering this information takes time I am posting this thread for one of machines I need checked I followed the quot Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help quot and am attaching all the log files generated along with the hijack this report I don t know exactly what I m looking for so your help would most be appreciated I will post the nd computer in Service Provider Suspects Malware on my Laptop(s) a different thread as I have to wait for someone to come home this evening to gain access to it Thanking Service Provider Suspects Malware on my Laptop(s) You in advance Dan

A:Service Provider Suspects Malware on my Laptop(s)

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new DDS log (don't forget attach.txt)Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/428486/service-provider-suspects-malware-on-my-laptops/
Relevancy 58.05%

Dear all I have several servers running Everytime automatically Utilizing provider service backup when our ISP goes down our whole company come to almost a halt We do have a back up ISP that we didn t utilize because of configurations problem By the time we finish configuring to use our backup ISP all work that are not save on the server would have already been lost And yes some of our server are off site as we have many branches I want to use our Utilizing backup service provider automatically primary ISP whenever possible unless it is down or when signals drop frequently I have heard about load balancing device I believe it is a router with load balancing capabilities If so I have another problem We have multiple email server and web server that are serving different purposes The router would have to be able to support VPN to multiple locations able to support multiple servers and servers providing same service on the same port number Does anyone know of any solutions Here is a summary of requirements - Able to support VPN to multiple locations - Able to support VPN to Utilizing backup service provider automatically netopia router from history the company has problem using ciisco router to connect to a remote site because the remote site is using netopia Unsure what the actual problem was as I wasn t employed at the time - Able to support multiple server running same application and same port number eg two apache webserver on port and two email server on port and - Able to load balance when primary fails to provide consistent stable service Please help and thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

Not sure if this is the right place or even possible but here goes.

I visit a forum and on the forum next to any post you make it also shows part of your service provider e.g. ---.zone4.bethere.co.uk or ---.hsd1.or.comcast.net. my question is is there a way to stop this or make it display something else?

I ask because my service provider is very specfic and i don't want people who use the site to know my provider (for reason i dont want to go into lol this sounds liek a weird thing its nothing dodgy or weird i promise!)

anyway is there a way to not have it displayed (there is no option on the forums) or have it show something different.

A:stop a website displaying my service provider?

That's apparently a forum thing for that specific forum. They obviously query the available information for your ISP and display it for some reason. There may be a configuration in your account options to hide it, have you checked? Are you SURE that it's publicly displayed? It might just be visible to you and perhaps board administration.

If you post a link to one of your posts, we can tell you if a guest can also see it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stop-a-website-displaying-my-service-provider.753882/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi there changing Service provider login number i have a friends computer that keeps changing the login number to conect to Service provider login number changing the internet when he goes to conect to the net a diferent number is isn the Service provider login number changing dial up box to what is supose to be there i have been working on systems for about to Service provider login number changing years as a hobby but dont know all the answers i have changed his number back to what it is supose to be but when i go to log in it disconects and comes up with will redial in secs then that screen dissapears when i click on it again to log in there is a totaly different number in there like and even this number changes the normal login number is i have tryed nod hijack this spybot search and destroy and trend micros homecall to see if i can get rid of what ever is causing this i know it is some kind of bug or trojan but i cant seem to get ride of it Can anyone help with a program that might detect where the problem is I have even deleted his conection and created a new one and it works the first time but then when i go to log in the second time it is back up with those numbers again nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

Hello,

Can you provide me with any suggestions for assistance in establishing the choice of a small to medium business network provider? Are there any websites with network self-assessment questionnaires or other information regarding this topic? I've found a couple of small articles but am seeking more information.

The company I work for wants to make the switch from their current provider to a new provider and unfortunately the individual who would normally administer this process is not present to do so. Therefore a number of us are working together to make the decision.

I have the current service provider contract to work from so that is a great help.

If you can provide any input, please advise.

thank you for your expertise

Relevancy 58.05%

Hello,

I recently received a new wireless modem/router from my provider in Germany (I am an expat). My Vpn no longer works really, very slow which leads me to believe, (as well as picking up on a few things online) that "Telekom" provider has done something somehow to block or seriously slow down VPNs.
I have no idea what they have done and am hoping there is some kind of work around?

Any advice welcome.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-service-provider-issue-and-vpn-germany.1150874/
Relevancy 58.05%

I ve had frontiernet DSL for about a year now My setup is a ISP-provided Speedstream DSL modem router it s a router but it only has one port connected to twisted-pair phone line filters in place on WAN side then connected via ethernet cable to a Netgear wireless router -port switch The problem I m having is that I have two routers and the complex port-forwarding that requires Sooo I tried simplifying matters by purchasing a Netgear ADSL modem portswitch wireless router firewall everything I want to reduce my setup down to POPL-filter-Netgear-LAN BUT just as I was about to hook everything up I called Frontier to ask if I needed to modem DSl w/frontiernet? work third-party Will update them on the new MAC address for the new modem That s when the tech at Frontier told me it wouldn t work According to him they have Speedstream put some sort of proprietary programming put on their modems before they leave the factory and modems without this programming won t work on their network I m ready to roll but should I even try it Is what he s saying a load of BS Or am I out of luck Thanks Will nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

I have had lots of trouble with my Vista freezing amp just generally being a mess--shutting down amp starting slow--really operating slow on the net So lately I have been trying to speed it up amp correct problems I've finally gotten it running much much faster amp I am using Firefox as my browser--which I've optimized so its slick as a whistle--way faster I previously posted about the application error w Winword Here is another error I don't know what to do with I must confess to what I did at this point--I didn't want Windows Defender on my system so I deleted it using add remove programs amp I also went in amp manually deleted some files to try to get it completely uninstalled So if you look at this computer's list of installed programs in Windows you Control Log Event Provider Error--service Manager won't see it listed But I am getting these error messages 's amp --Here are of them see below Is there anything I need Error--service Control Manager Event Log Provider to do with this which Error--service Control Manager Event Log Provider will tweek the system amp make it operate any faster perform better Error--service Control Manager Event Log Provider Can I make it stop getting freaked out because it thinks something is wrong Is changing the registry the only way to stop this Thanks again Log Name SystemSource Service Control ManagerDate AMEvent ID Task Category NoneLevel ErrorKeywords ClassicUser N AComputer User-PCDescription The Remote Access Connection Manager service depends on the Telephony service which failed to start because of the following error The service cannot be started either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Service Control Manager quot Guid quot D -A D - - E E- D F quot EventSourceName quot Service Control Manager quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt User-PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt Remote Access Connection Manager lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt Telephony lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Log Name SystemSource Service Control ManagerDate AMEvent ID Task Category NoneLevel ErrorKeywords ClassicUser N AComputer User-PCDescription The mrtRate service failed to start due to the following error The system cannot find the file specified Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Service Control Manager quot Guid quot D -A D - - E E- D F quot EventSourceName quot Service Control Manager quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt User-PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt mrtRate lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt

A:Error--service Control Manager Event Log Provider

If a service tries to start, and is unable to start for any reason, it'll give it several tries before giving up. This will cause a little bit of slowdown on the system - but it shouldn't be enough of a slowdown for you to notice it.Not every error in the Event Viewer is serious enough to warrant an investigation. For example, HP systems will usually spit out an error about the parallel printer port (LPT1) - even though there aren't any hardware parallel ports installed on the system. This is, IMO, because the BIOS contains code referencing this feature even though the hardware doesn't exist.Deleting/uninstalling of Windows components from the Programs and Features applet in Control Panel is safe. Once you venture outside of that area, the chances of hosing your system grow drastically. My first suggestion is that you don't delete things without creating a backup of them (and a description of where they're located). My next suggestion is to do things one step at a time. That way you'll be able to assess the impact of a change before moving on to the next change.The key to researching an Event Viewer error is comparing it to the other entries in the Event log (Information and Warning). Then a search for similar errors with Google, and a careful analysis of exactly what the message says.In your examples, the first error is that the Remote Access Connection Manager service couldn't start because the Telephony service couldn't start. Here's a description of the Telephony service: http://www.blackviper.com/WinVista/Services/Telephony.htmAnd here's one of the Remote Access Connection Manager service: http://www.blackviper.com/WinVista/Service...ion_Manager.htmSo, the first thing to figure out is if you need the Remote Access Connection Manager service (also investigate the Dependencies because they will impact your decision about needing the service). If you do, then you've gotta enable the Telephony service. If you don't, then you can set it to Manual (much safer than disabling it) to see if it works well without the service. If you set the service to Manual and you don't need it - then it won't launch and you won't get the error message in the Event Viewer. If it does launch, despite being set at Manual, then some program is telling you that you need it.As for the second error, the MRT Rate service is commonly associated with the automatic update function in Quicken/QuickBooks. Do you have that installed on your system? If so, try disabling the automatic update to see if that stops the errors.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/159693/error-service-control-manager-event-log-provider/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello All I share an internet connection with other people We currently have Rogers Ultimate - Mbs up Mbs down We use Rogers built in wireless modem all in one Some people are wireless others wired When there is no one on the network other than me I can get speeds of Mbs speedtest net But when more people connect it can drop to as low as - Mbs with no P P streams downloads running on their computer I have a feeling that it could be an issue with the router Is there a possibility that by Internet provider? router? Issue Bandwidth service - them just being connected to the network our bandwidth Internet Bandwidth Issue - router? service provider? speeds drop Does it matter the type of router we use When people do use P P streams etc will it use up all the bandwidth it possibly can or only what it needs I am wondering because it feels like that when I run my P P clients my internet is the same weather its Mbs or Mbs Thanks for all the help nbsp

A:Internet Bandwidth Issue - router? service provider?

No, just being connected would not cause this, unless these people have viruses. P2P is a problem because most ISPs monitor it, and the ISP itself might be cutting you down for participating. But in general Im thinking either someone is hiding something, someone has a virus, or your ISP has caught on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-bandwidth-issue-router-service-provider.1021983/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi Everyone.
Here are the files from the 2nd computer. If someone can check to see if there is malware in these files I would most appreciate it.
This is a 2nd part of a post and the first computer is in another post.
Regards,
Dan.

A:2nd Computer - Service Provider Suspects Malware on my Laptop(s)

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/428535 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/428535/2nd-computer-service-provider-suspects-malware-on-my-laptops/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello guys, My laptop exceeds the warranty long time, recently the cooling fan stops working, therefore i can not get it started.Just wondering do we have the contact of authorized service provider in downtown toronto? Id love to bring in my laptop get the cooling fun fixed!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Contact-of-authorized-service-provider-in-downtown-toronto/td-p/5619841
Relevancy 57.19%

I ve been looking for a different cell plan I heard Kim Komando recommend to someone that they buy a used cell phone from www recellular Cell With Choice Provider Activate Phone Then My Service Can Of It & Buy I A A com I went to that site amp found some phones Can I Buy A Cell Phone & Then Activate It With A Service Provider Of My Choice that I might want But when I checked into service providers they told me that if I buy a phone from anyone but them it may not fully function on their service They said that an unlocked phone or even a brand new phone from an electronics store would have the same problem I spoke to someone at Recellular They told me that their customers haven t had a problem with using phones bought from them So I m wondering is this just a bluff from the service providers to get me to buy their phones or would I really get stuck with a crippled phone if I bought it from someone other than the service provider Even if the phone would work could the provider somehow provide me with crippled service amp tell me that it s the phone s fault so that I buy one from them Am I basically at the service provider s mercy or is there a way that I can purchase a phone somewhere else and be confident that it will work when I activate it with the service provider Thanks nbsp

A:Can I Buy A Cell Phone & Then Activate It With A Service Provider Of My Choice

Hi, the answer to your question depends on which phone you buy and which service provider you want to sign up with. Some phones will be fully compatible with multiple service providers, but others may not. AT&T and Verizon, for example, use completely different network types, so a phone that was made for AT&T won't work at all on Verizon's CMDA network.

Your best bet is to contact the manufacturer of the phone you're interested in and see if they can give you a definitive answer for that phone. If not, if you can at least find out which company's network that phone was set up for, you'll have an idea of which networks it should and shouldn't work with.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-buy-a-cell-phone-then-activate-it-with-a-service-provider-of-my-choice.975065/
Relevancy 57.19%

Just for basic home user use. Switching isp's, and for some ungodly reason new isp does not have an email service.

Looking for something other than ms or google based.

Any thoughts welcome.

Thanks.

A:Need a free, third party smtp service.

yahoo.com, gmail.com, me.com (icloud.com) all use imap based email services. The imap server settings for yahoo is: incoming: imap.mail.yahoo.com, outgoing: smtp.mail.yahoo.com. Security SSL for both Send & Receive, ports: (send) 993, (rcv) 465.

If you go with @me.com, use the iCloud control panel, and it will set up Outlook if you have it. If you do not plan on using Outlook desktop install, but something else, the settings are: incoming: po2-imap.mail.me.com, outgoing: p02-smtp.mail.me.com. Security SSL, port 993 for incoming. Security TLS, port 587 for outgoing.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/42017-need-free-third-party-smtp-service.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Looking for some help in finding what the issue is. I found many tools to run already (which I probably shouldn't have but...). Anyone with a solution would be greatly appreciated. I hope to learn along with what I'm being told to keep the system clean and eventually be able to help others. I have recent logs but won't post or will rerun them until/as requested. I also have kept track of what I've done up to this point in a text file if that'll help. Thanks in advance...

A:Computer generating so much SPAM that service provider requested unplugging it

Hello, and to the Malware Removal forum! My online alias is Blade Zephon, or Blade for short, and I will be assisting you with your malware issues!If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Watch Topic. By clicking this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification and then clicking on Proceed you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.Before we begin cleaning your machine, I'd like to lay out some guidelines for us to follow while we are working together.I will be assisting you with your malware issues. This may or may not resolve other problems you are having with your computer. If you are still having problems after your machine has been determined clean, I will be glad to direct you to the proper forum for assistance.Even if things appear better, that does not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions until I give you the all clean. Absence of symptoms does not mean that all the malware has been removed. If a piece of the infection is left, it can regenerate and reinfect your machine. Attention to detail is important! Since I cannot see or directly interact with your computer I am dependent on you to "be my eyes" and provide as much information as you can regarding the current state of your computer.I ask that you please refrain from running tools other than those I suggest to you while I am cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so I know what is going on with the machine at any time. If you act independently it will cause changes to your system that I will not be aware of, which will make the process of cleaning the machine a much slower and more difficult process. Additionally, some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Please perform all steps in the order received. If you are unsure or confused about any instructions I give you, you should ask me to clarify before doing anything. Additionally, if you run into any problems while carrying out instructions, you should STOP and reply back here explaining what happened.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed. If you need additional time, that is perfectly alright; you just need to let us know beforehand. Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:Location 1Location 2Save it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.Under the "Custom Scans/Fixes" section paste in the below in bold

netsvc
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
/md5start
eventlog.dll
scecli.dll
netlogon.dll
cngaudit.dll
sceclt.dll
ntelogon.dll
logevent.dll
iaStor.sys
nvstor.sys
atapi.sys
IdeChnDr.sys
viasraid.sys
AGP440.sys
vaxscsi.sys
nvatabus.sys
viamraid.sys
nvata.sys
nvgts.sys
iastorv.sys
ViPrt.sys
eNetHook.dll
ahcix86.sys
KR10N.sys
nvstor32.sys
ahcix86s.sys
nvrd32.sys
symmpi.sys
adp3132.sys
mv61xx.sys
/md5stop
%systemroot%\*. /mp /s
CREATERESTOREPOINT
%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav
Push the button.When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and paste them into the body of your next reply.***************************************************Please download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this m... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/408534/computer-generating-so-much-spam-that-service-provider-requested-unplugging-it/
Relevancy 56.76%

I am desperate for some and type service best wireless of is dongle Unsure internet. for usb provider what help regarding internet connectivity I am a full time student and take courses online I just moved to Oklahoma from Phoenix Arizona In Phoenix EVERYTHING was easily accessed but now I am living in a very very very small town in Oklahoma at my grandma s house where nothing exists I brought my laptop with me on the move which is a Unsure of what provider and service is best for wireless usb dongle type internet. Toshiba Satellite with Windows Of course i have wifi capabalities within my laptop but there is absolutely no quot unlocked quot signals here for me to connect thru Grandma s tower computer is absolutely in the dark ages with its dial up AOL connection gag me I am trying to determine the best choice to make to get me some internet connectivity I am unsure of the best route where speed is concerned and also price I have contacted different hi-speed dsl type companies and none are available in this desolate twilight zone spot where her house is located the only provider of hi speed internet available here is a company called WILD BLUE and that would be to install and per month added to her satellite tv bill which grandma is really dragging her feet on calling and getting this service added I THINK that if she called and setup this wild blue account i would be able to hook up this netgear wireless-G router WGR v to her crappy tower to send out a wifi signal that my laptop could connect thru still this process just really annoys me and her taking so long to do anything is even more aggravating than the crappy dial up aol connection that she has lol so i have been thinking the best route would be to purchase some kind of a wireless usb dongle type of thing and pay monthly on that so it can just hook up to my laptop and i would have internet with good speed that way i think this is the best route for me to take however i am UNSURE OF WHAT PROVIDER AND SERVICE IS BEST FOR WIRELESS USB DONGLE TYPE INTERNET PLEASE HELP - any suggestions would be so very helpful thanks nbsp

A:Unsure of what provider and service is best for wireless usb dongle type internet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unsure-of-what-provider-and-service-is-best-for-wireless-usb-dongle-type-internet.1011226/
Relevancy 56.76%

Feeling really frustrated right now. We changed internet providers and I can not connect to the internet through them. The service man told me it is an issue with my computer not them since everyone else in the house can access the network then left. I can still connect through my old network. I disabled firewalls and antivirus and still no connection. I'm not a savvy computer person and I don't want to just go changing things and totally screw things up. We even called the new provide and they walked us through a few (what they thought would be fixes) but nothing changed.. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

A:New provider -unable to connect with them

not them since everyone else in the house can access the network then left. I can still connect through my old networkClick to expand...

can you provide more info
1) Can anyone else in the house use the system OK NOW ( dont understand the "then left")
2) What is the old network - have you got two broadband services?

can we have details of the way its setup and some make and models of modems / routers ?

post an ipconfig /all from the non-connecting PC
and an ipconfig /all from a working PC _ make sure we know which is which

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the information above those entries

For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/open-an-elevated-command-prompt-in-windows-8/
Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-provider-unable-to-connect-with-them.1146774/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi, I was wondering if someone can tell me the simplest way to add a 3rd party software as a windows service. The intention is to make the program runs before somebody logs in into Windows. Thanks.

A:Adding a 3rd party software as windows service

So you want to run a program before the user logs on to windows?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/37528-adding-3rd-party-software-windows-service.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hiya

This patch resolves problems that were found in the Exchange 2000 Information Store Service Provider since SP3 was released. See "More Information" for a list of the fixes that are included in this patch.

System Requirements

Exchange 2000 SP3 already installed.

Operating System - Windows 2000

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=44811&area=search&ordinal=1

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/exchange-2000-information-store-service-provider-patch-6332-0-oct-31.102178/
Relevancy 55.9%

This post is via my dialup connection. Today I had broadband installed and it works fine on 2 other XP home systems connected to it. However, The reason I'm posting here is I believe it's a Windows issue on this machine (which is my main PC I use daily). Windows is not requesting an IP address from my router (per my broadband installer). We tried it directly connected via cable and with a wireless adapter to the router with the same results.

I don't have a clue what to provide to you guys. Please help. . .

Thanks,
Jim

Relevancy 55.47%

For a few days I have not been able service malware bank provider by Java claims it's caused - problem internet to login to my bank account The Java based login Java problem - internet bank service provider claims it's caused by malware just Java problem - internet bank service provider claims it's caused by malware stops displays an error message BID- and tells me to contact the Java problem - internet bank service provider claims it's caused by malware internet bank service provider After trying to uninstall and reinstall Java according to their instructions still no success Their conclusion is then that there must be some malware on my computer for which they cannot help me The problem appears in both Internet explorer and Google Chrome Please find pasted below and attached the logs from HijackThis and DDS I m very thankful if anyone can help me resolve this issue Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x EgisTec MyWinLocker x mwlDaemon exe C Windows PLFSetI exe C Program Files x Orange MailNotifier MailNotifier exe C Users Steve AppData Roaming Orange OrangeInside one OrangeInside exe C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files x Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files x Astrill astrill exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe C Program Files x EgisTec IPS PmmUpdate exe C Program Files x Serveur Media twonkymediaserverconfig exe C Program Files x NewTech Infosystems Acer Backup Manager BackupManagerTray exe C Program Files x Launch Manager LManager exe C Program Files x Canon Canon IJ Network Scan Utility CNMNSUT exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x EgisTec IPS EgisUpdate exe C Program Files x Windows Live Mail wlmail exe C Program Files x Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows SysWOW rundll exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Steve Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar Preserve R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http acer msn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http acer msn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Canon Easy-WebPrint EX BHO - D AD-BFFF- F -BF B-A C FED - C Program Files x Canon Easy-WebPrint EX ewpexbho dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO P loggingshjelp for Windows Live ID - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Windows Live Messenger Companion Helper - FDDE B- F- -AB F- CBEFF - C Program Files x Windows Live Companion companioncore dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-C... Read more

A:Java problem - internet bank service provider claims it's caused by malware

bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/java-problem-internet-bank-service-provider-claims-its-caused-by-malware.1049335/
Relevancy 55.47%

I cannot connect to the internet. Network Diagnostics says "Windows has detected a problem with the Winsock provider catalog on this computer. This catalog allows programs to communicate with this computer across the network...."The computer was running ok, but I ran a full scan with Avast Free Antivirus. It found and removed the following problem - Win32:Alureon-FZ, file name C:\Windows\system32\drivers\ipsec.sys.The Network Diagnostics asks "Would you like Windows to reset the catalog to the default configuration? I have clicked yes, restarted, and the problem is not fixed.I have Windows XP home edition, SP3. I don't know what other information you would need but please ask and I'll do my best to provide it.Thanks in advance, MikeEDIT: Moved from XP to Am I Infected forum ~ Hamluis.

A:Winsock provider catalog/can't connect to internet

Can anyone help me? Going on day 3 with no internet and no clue as to why.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/328250/winsock-provider-catalogcant-connect-to-internet/
Relevancy 55.04%

I am going to have a LAN party with about 3 other people. I am wondering what I need for equipment and how to go about creating a Ethernet LAN so we can play together. We want to play P2P, not over the Internet.

Relevancy 54.61%

I recently ran a system restore on my computer after having some nasty virus or spyware placed on my machine I'm currently NOT Winsock Provider ABLE TO Error INTERNET - CONNECT TO Catalog running IE and after completing the system restore I was not able to connect to the internet The diagnostic says that there is a Winsock Catalog Provider Error and below is the full diagnostic report Can anyone out there help me Last diagnostic run time WinSock Diagnostic WinSock status info All base service provider entries are present in the Winsock catalog info The Winsock Service provider chains are valid error Provider entry MSAFD Tcpip TCP IP could not perform simple loopback communication Error error Provider entry MSAFD Tcpip UDP IP could not perform simple loopback communication Error Winsock Catalog Provider Error - NOT ABLE TO CONNECT TO INTERNET - error Provider entry RSVP UDP Service Provider could not perform simple loopback communication Error - error Provider entry RSVP TCP Service Provider could not perform simple loopback communication Error error A connectivity problem exists with an installed LSP action Automated repair Reset WinSock catalog action Successfully executed netsh winsock reset catalog info System restart required info System restart required Network Adapter Diagnostic Network location detection info Using home Internet connection Network adapter identification info Network connection Name Local Area Connection Device Intel R PRO VE Network Connection MediaType LAN SubMediaType LAN info Ethernet connection selected Network adapter status info Network connection status Connected HTTP HTTPS FTP Diagnostic HTTP HTTPS FTP connectivity warn FTP Passive Error connecting to ftp microsoft com A connection with the server could not be established warn FTP Active Error connecting to ftp microsoft com A connection with the server could not be established warn HTTPS Error connecting to www microsoft com A connection with the server could not be established warn HTTP Error connecting to www microsoft com A connection with the server could not be established warn HTTP Error connecting to www hotmail com A connection with the server could not be established warn HTTPS Error connecting to www passport net A connection with the server could not be established error Could not make an HTTP connection error Could not make an HTTPS connection error Could not make an FTP connection

A:Winsock Catalog Provider Error - NOT ABLE TO CONNECT TO INTERNET

Try uninstalling IE7, and then reinstall it.

If this doesn't fix the problem - please visit the HiJackThis Help forum as their may be malware still present.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/winsock-catalog-provider-error-not-able-to-connect-to-internet-181004.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I'm getting the Internet/winsock Catalog Problem To Connect Provider Cannot same problems as a previous user on this forum TDon - http www bleepingcomputer com forums lof p t html from about a year or so ago I got hit by a trojan about a week before Xmas - something like Antivirus Live Antivirus Online although I cant remember its full name now I downloaded Malwarebytes Anti Malware and successfully Cannot Connect To Internet/winsock Provider Catalog Problem removed the problem Or thought I had All has been fine until today I'm now getting connection errors to the internet with the PC I'm connecting to the net using my works laptop to write this thread The error message I keep getting is quot Cannot Connect to Internet Winsock Provider Catalog Problem quot I've read TDon's thread and Cannot Connect To Internet/winsock Provider Catalog Problem gone through the guide for removal of whatever 'nasty' is still sitting on my machine I've run the DDS scr program log below and saved the attachment attached However when I got to the Rootrepeal stage of the process each time I tried running it it froze my machine It simply locked up the cursor and I had to hit the power button to reboot it Any clues for what I could try next DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by andrew at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Running Processes Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google co uk ig hl en amp source iglkuInternet Settings ProxyServer http uInternet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt uURLSearchHooks SearchSettings Class e e- - f - dab-fcdd b e d - c program files search settings kb SearchSettings dllBHO SnagIt Toolbar Loader c d-c - c - -fce ad c - c program files techsmith snagit SnagItBHO dllBHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO Skype add-on mastermind bf b-c d - d - a -a f ba c - c program files skype toolbars internet explorer SkypeIEPlugin dllBHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dllBHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dllBHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper ae cd -e - f- - ee - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllBHO Ask Toolbar d c f- a- -a ad- d - c program files ask com GenericAskToolbar dllBHO SearchSettings Class e e- - f - dab-fcdd b e d - c program files search settings kb SearchSettings dllBHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllTB Adobe PDF -d c - - fa - e eaac - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllTB SnagIt ff e -abde- eb-b e-d aab cabe - c program files techsmith snagit SnagItIEAddin dllTB Ask Toolbar d c f- a- -a ad- d - c program files ask com GenericAskToolbar dllTB E C F -A A- F C- FEC-FD DC A F - No FileTB FF E -ABDE- EB-B E-D AAB CABE - No FileEB Adobe PDF ec be- - c -a -beb d a b - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllEB - a - b-a - c a a - No FileuRun CTFMON EXE c windows system ctfmon exeuRun BitTorrent DNA quot c program files dna btdna exe quot uRun EA Core quot c program files electronic arts eadm Core exe quot -silentuRun AutoStartNPSAgent c program files samsung samsung new pc studio NPSAgent exemRun Acrobat Assistant quot c program files adobe acrobat distillr Acrotray exe quot mRun lt NO NAME gt mRun SearchSettings c program files search settings SearchSettings exemRun LogitechQuickCamRibbon quot c program files logitech quickcam Quickcam exe quot hidemRun HP Software Update c program files hp hp software update HPWuSchd exemRun SMSTray c program files samsung samsung media studio SMSTray exemRun MAAgent c program files markany contentsafer MAAgent exemRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime qttask exe quot -atboottimemRun NPSStartup mRun iTunesHelper quot c program files itunes iTunesHelper exe quot mRun MaxMenuMgr quot c program files seagate seagatemanag... Read more

A:Cannot Connect To Internet/winsock Provider Catalog Problem

Hi Ffish,Welcome to BC HijackThis forum. I am farbar. I am going to assist you with your problem.Please refrain from making any changes to your system (scanning or running other tools, updating Windows, installing applications, removing files, etc.) from now on as it might interfere with our fixes. Please let me know in your next reply if you agree with this.Open your Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.First update it, to do that under the Update tab press "Check for Updates".Under Scanner tab select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy&Paste the MBAM log.Extra Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediately.

Please run Notepad (start > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad) and copy and paste the text in the code box into a new file:
Reg delete "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" /v ProxyEnable /f
proxycfg -d
Go to the File menu at the top of the Notepad and select Save as.Select Save in: desktopFill in File name: dirlook.batSave as type: All file types (*.*)Click save.Close the Notepad.Locate and double-click dirlook.bat on the desktop.A window flashes. It is normal.Now open Internet Explorer and check the connection. Reboot and check the internet connection once more and tell me what you get both times.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/283680/cannot-connect-to-internetwinsock-provider-catalog-problem/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi everyone We recently switched from cable internet to Verizon DSL after to provider unable laptops wireless of connect two one change to in since my roommate moved out and took his equipment with him I set up the wireless router last week and got my laptop to work on the one of two laptops unable to connect to wireless after change in provider wireless connection Now I am unable to get my boyfriend s computer to connect to it when it never had this issue before with the previous wireless The first day I had it set up it said it connected with an quot excellent quot connection strength but then the status was unable to connect I was on the phone with the Verizon guy who after doing a screen share said it was my one of two laptops unable to connect to wireless after change in provider IP one of two laptops unable to connect to wireless after change in provider address and that he couldn t help since it was an issue with my computer and not with the Verizon So I tried resetting my IP through the CMD with no luck Now it doesn t even let me connect to the wireless at all I ve tried both the Intel PROSet Wireless and the Microsoft client to connect this is running Windows XP and when I click repair on the Microsoft client it tells me it couldn t be corrected because it could not renew the IP address The firewall is currently off and I removed the defunct McAfee that was never renewed anyway The ipconfig network txt is as follows Windows IP Configuration Host Name devL Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Broadcom x Integrated Controller Physical Address - - -E - E-FE Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Thursday February PM Lease Expires Thursday February PM Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel R PRO Wireless BG Network Connection Physical Address - -CE- - - Please let me know if you need any more info and thank you in advance for your help -Anna nbsp

A:one of two laptops unable to connect to wireless after change in provider

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/one-of-two-laptops-unable-to-connect-to-wireless-after-change-in-provider.1090523/
Relevancy 54.61%

Any help that anyone can provide me would be very much appreciated I came across Connect To Cannot Internet/Winsock Problem Provider Catalog this site and joined today because I am having problems with my laptop My Google search directed me to this thread initially http www bleepingcomputer com forums t cannot-connect-to-internetwinsock-provider-catalog-problem I am getting very similar error messages that the original poster was getting I always use Firefox but having been unable to work out what was wrong I ran IE and then the Network Diagnostics for Windows XP which led me to the error message Windows has detected a problem with the Winsock Provider Catalog on this computer Would you like to reset the catalog to the default configuration Naturally I tried doing that and rebooting but to no avail Today I followed the advice in Post and Post of the thread that I mentioned above and initially this seemed to work Then a few hours later the problem is back just as before I don't see any obvious problem and therefore no way to fix it The lack of internet connectivity comes and goes - sometime it works no problem for half Cannot Connect To Internet/Winsock Provider Catalog Problem an hour then other times it just refuses to load anything when you click on it I think that pretty much covers it Like I said any help or advice would be much appreciated DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Bob at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Cannot Connect To Internet/Winsock Provider Catalog Problem Home Edition GMT AV McAfee VirusScan On-access scanning enabled Updated B EE - - CDE-A A-DD BA FAD FW McAfee Personal Firewall enabled B - C F- -BDA - CA DA E Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportMgmtService exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exesvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exesvchost exeC Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exeC PROGRA AVG AVGLS avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Canon IJPLM IJPLMSVC EXEC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC WINDOWS runservice exec PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcsacore exeC PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exec program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exec PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exeC Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exeC Program Files McAfee MSK MskSrver exeC PROGRA AVG AVGLS avgnsx exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeC Program Files O bin sprtsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Sony VAIO Event Service VESMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VCSW VCSW exec PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exeC WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEC PROGRA AVG AVGLS avgtray exeC Program Files McAfee MBK McAfeeDataBackup exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exeC Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportService exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilterC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exeC Documents and Settings Bob My Documents My Received Files dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www bbc co uk sportuSearch Page hxxp www google comuSearch Bar hxxp www yahoo com search ie htmluSearchURL Default hxxp www google com keyword smSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ieuURLSearchHooks McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar ebbbe -bad - b c- e a- abecae - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dllBHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO McAfee Phishing Filter b a- - a -b -be afe ab - c progra mcafee msk mskapbho dllBHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer c e -b - bc - -... Read more

A:Cannot Connect To Internet/Winsock Provider Catalog Problem

Hello,My name is Syler and I will be helping you to solve your Malware issues. If you have since resolved your issues I would appreciate if youwould let me no so I can close this topic, if you still need help please let me no what issues you are still having, in your next reply.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up.Download random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from here and save it to your desktop.Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized)Please download GMER from one of the following locations, and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zip MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs, as this process may crash your computer.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security program drivers will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double click on Gmer to run it.Allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.You may see a rootkit warning window, If you do, click No.Untick the following boxes on the right side of the Gmer screen.SectionsIAT/EATFilesShow AllClick on and wait for the scan to finish.If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.Push and save the logfile to your desktop.Copy and Paste the contents of that file in your next post.Then please post back here with the following: log.txt info.txt Gmer logThanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/292028/cannot-connect-to-internetwinsock-provider-catalog-problem/
Relevancy 54.61%

The problem I have began when a quot ConHook B trojan attempted to install on my machine but it supposedly was successfully removed at the time according to the Windows Defender history log To Internet/winsock Problem Cannot Catalog Connect Provider AVG Anti-virus Ad-aware Spybot and Windows Defender scans all report no problems I Cannot Connect To Internet/winsock Provider Catalog Problem have run Registry Mechanic to clean the registry However the problem remains that I cannot connect to the internet I first get a message that Cannot Connect To Internet/winsock Provider Catalog Problem I am offline and then when I try to connect again I get this message quot Windows has detected a problem with the Winsock Provider Catalog on this computer Would you like to reset the catalog to the default configuration quot If I click yes and restart the computer it does not change anything If I click the quot View last diagnostic run quot I get the following information WinSock Diagnostic WinSock status info All base service provider entries are present in the Winsock catalog info The Winsock Service provider chains are valid error Provider Cannot Connect To Internet/winsock Provider Catalog Problem entry MSAFD Tcpip TCP IP could not perform simple loopback communication Error error Provider entry MSAFD Tcpip UDP IP could not perform simple loopback communication Error error A connectivity problem exists with an installed LSP info The user didn't approve the proposed automated repair attempt Reset WinSock catalog info Redirecting user to support call Network Adapter Diagnostic Network location detection info Using home Internet connection Network adapter identification info Network connection Name Local Area Connection Device SiS -Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter MediaType LAN SubMediaType LAN info Ethernet connection selected Network adapter status info Network connection status Connected HTTP HTTPS FTP Diagnostic HTTP HTTPS FTP connectivity warn HTTPS Error connecting to www microsoft com The server name or address could not be resolved warn FTP Passive Error connecting to ftp microsoft com The server name or address could not be resolved warn HTTP Error connecting to www microsoft com The server name or address could not be resolved warn HTTPS Error connecting to www passport net The server name or address could not be resolved warn FTP Active Error connecting to ftp microsoft com The server name or address could not be resolved warn HTTP Error connecting to www hotmail com The server name or address could not be resolved error Could not make an HTTP connection error Could not make an HTTPS connection error Could not make an FTP connection Also I have found that my Windows XP firewall is not connected it was before I cannot start it in the services menu when I right click on quot Windows Firewall Internet Connection Sharing quot and press start I get the following message quot Could not start Windows Firewall Internet Connection Sharing on Local Computer Error The specified driver is invalid quot I tried to re-install the firewall according to these instructions from a microsoft kb article Method Call the quot Setup API InstallHinfSection quot function to install Windows Firewall To install Windows Firewall follow these steps Click Start click Run type cmd and then click OK At the command prompt type the following command line and then press ENTER Rundll setupapi InstallHinfSection Ndi-Steelhead windir inf netrass inf Restart Windows Click Start click Run type cmd and then click OK At the command prompt type the following command and then press ENTER Netsh firewall reset Click Start click Run type firewall cpl and then press ENTER In the Windows Firewall dialog box click On recommended and then click OK It did not help I have read several Microsoft Knowledge Base articles and tried many of the things they suggested I have reloaded IE default settings and cleared temporary files and restricted sites and trusted sites I have deleted the Win... Read more

A:Cannot Connect To Internet/winsock Provider Catalog Problem

Information here might help youhttp://windowsxp.mvps.org/winsock.htmMarkForgot to add: Welcome to BC

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/126526/cannot-connect-to-internetwinsock-provider-catalog-problem/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello I have been having some problems using third party apps on my computer The problem came out of no where I was using my pc the night before and everything worked fine and I put it to sleep for the night The next day after work I get it out of sleep mode and no third party app can connect to the internet I m connected to the connect Third internet apps to can't party internet but all my apps such as Steam Origin and even like adobe update can t connect The only apps that can connect are Third party apps can't connect to internet IE and Firefox I have no fire wall at the moment Running windows I opened the ports on my router that the apps need I reinstalled the apps restarted my computer reset my router system restored to a Third party apps can't connect to internet time when everything worked I m all out ideas and am hoping someone here can help me I was thinking about reformatting as a last resort but I really Third party apps can't connect to internet don t wanna go through the hassle right now I don t know if my ISP Verizon is blocking any port thats no http or what If you need anymore information I ll get back to you asap Thanks for your time nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

Hi, I have a problem that I don't know how to fix.

I've just re-formatted a computer and installed
Win2k, no firewall (atm), Firefox, adaware, and spybot on
an old PII machine. The problem I have is while IE will
connect to the net, Firefox and the update managers
on adaware and spybot will not. I am connecting to the
internet through the default window's dial-up to Earthlink.
Any ideas what I should do to fix this?

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 54.18%

Hi, guys.

I am running windows vista which I am starting to loath. Anyway None of my programs avira antivirus, weather defender, or news can connect or update. I have done the following:

. turn off windows firewall
. added exceptions to ^^^
. uninstall zone alarm
. turn of avira antivirus
. uninstall norton
. uninstall symantec
. restart pc

still will not working. I can browse using mozilla or ie and download anything. It's just that the non microsoft programs will not work. any help is appreciated.

A:3rd party programs can not connect to internet

Update:
I tried to update windows defender and get the following error:
program cant check for definition updates
error found: 0x080070422

also went into Network and Sharing Center and changed setting to private. still doesn't work.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/3rd-party-programs-can-not-connect-to-internet-439551.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I hope that XBox question is ok here if not would someone be able to please point me is best direction A few months ago son got XBox and plays on line with a few friends through joining what I think is called a Party on XBox Live However the person he wanted to join with he cannot and that person cannot join with him They both can join the other friends at same time I have done several nights of research and best solution suggested at this point is maybe a NAT issue or Port forwarding Setup for us ISP Australin Optus with Dynamic IP Modem Spreedstream with NAPT set with port forwarded To Belkin F D - v Router No port forwarding set at present but did try both and but not sure about the IP setting Cannot to connect a Live - party XBox particular due to dynamic IP XBox usually connects wirelessly and seems to be no issues with on-line play other than the friend We have a cable that we have connected directly to the Belkin Router and this made no difference We bypassed the Belkin Router last night and he was able to connect to the previously un-connectable friend This suggests to me that it may be one of our router settings Some places on Net suggest it XBox Live - Cannot connect to a particular party may be too high security on NAT but I cannot see any particular settings on the Router for NAT but it does say it s enabled The XBox test for Network does not indicate any issues when you run it I did think about trying to set some IP s for internal machines but have no idea how it s done We have PC s connected wired and either Wireless or wired depending what the boys are doing Both PC s run XP with all service packs Also an Ipod can connect This is of course in addition to the XBox Assistance greatfully accepted Cheers nbsp

A:XBox Live - Cannot connect to a particular party

Bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xbox-live-cannot-connect-to-a-particular-party.872695/
Relevancy 53.75%

My Motorola SBG901 Modem/Router combo has stopped connecting to the internet. I have done all the troubleshooting with Comcast and with Motorola and it is out of warranty, so I will have to purchase a new one.

In the mean time, I wanted to use it only as a wireless router connected to my Scientific Atlanta DPC2100R2 modem. Is there any way to do this? Is there a way to disable the modem in the SBG901?

Simply connecting with the ethernet cords has not worked. I connected the DPC2100 to the SBG901 via ethernet cord. My computer was able to pick up a wireless connection but there is no cable connection. I am using Windows 7.

Thanks!

A:(Comcast) Connect Modem To Wireless Router/Modem Combo!

Is there any way to do this? Is there a way to disable the modem in the SBG901?Click to expand...

Perhaps a really skilled electronics engineer or technician could take it apart, separate the modem from the router portion and add an ethernet WAN port.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/comcast-connect-modem-to-wireless-router-modem-combo.1014057/
Relevancy 53.75%

Just moved in and brought my ADSL wifi modem Belkin F1PI241EGau with me, but over here there is cable and the provider supplied me with their modem motorola Surfboard SB5101E. I would like to connect these two to use the wifi. Would that be possible?

Thank you

A:Can i connect my adsl2/2+ wifi modem/router to cable modem?

Not really. The ADSL router doesn't have the correct WAN interface. You need a standard router with an Ethernet WAN connection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-connect-my-adsl2-2-wifi-modem-router-to-cable-modem.820259/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello and thanks in advance Starting yesterday when I try to launch most third party programs Google chrome Skype Evernote Jing and others that connect to the internet they will not start and cause windows to say that it has encountered a problem I have attachd the image of the screen shot Anyways I know this started happening on Tuesday morning because when I view the event log any time I try to start an application an error gets thrown I have tried downloading malwarebytes however after I install it it will not connect to the internet to download the latest updates It throws an error So it seems that I can only use Microsoft programs although dropbox connect will programs default internet start seems It party by to that that the not third symantec endpoint It seems that third party programs that connect to the internet by default will not start protection and tweetdeck seem to work to access the internet but that may not be the cause at all I tried uninstalling the programs and reinstalling them but that didn t work either My helpdesk is saying nothing is wrong with my computer because the apps that are throwing the error are not supported which is a bit ridiculous because they are just the ones that are pointing out the problem Here is the output from my Hijackthis log and from my eyes I cannot see what is really wrong with my pc I can install lookinmypc to see everything installed and print out that log if you want as well Anways any help that can be given would be greatly appreciated I ran a full virus scan with symatec endpoint protection and it returned one tracking cookie that it deleted When I ran malwarebytes that my corp gave me it found three things that it automatically deleted I have downloaded another version of malwarebytes from the internet and that seemed to be able to download the latest updates and is running a quick scan now Also here is my Hijackthis log it is also in the attachments QUOTELogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system ibmpmsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Smc exeC Program Files Intel WiFi bin S EvMon exeC Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection SNAC EXEC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Iron Mountain Connected BackupPC AgentService exeC WINDOWS system BEDevCtl exeC WINDOWS system BEFCSvcn exeC Program Files Marimba Castanet Tuner Tuner exeC Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exeC Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exeC WINDOWS system SGN MasterServicen exeC Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Rtvscan exeC Program Files Timbuktu Pro tb launch exeC WINDOWS System TPHDEXLG exeC Program Files UPHClean uphclean exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection SmcGui exeC WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC WINDOWS system igfxtray exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeC WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY TPOSDSVC exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC WINDOWS system TpShocks exeC Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY TPONSCR exeC Program Files Utimaco SafeGuard Enterprise Client SGNMaster exeC Program Files Lenovo Zoom TpScrex exeC Program Files Iron Mountain Connected BackupPC Agent exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Documents and Settings ncarrierlocal Application Data Dropbox bin Dropbox exeC Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client vpngui exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXEC WINDOWS system msiexec exeC Documents and Settings ncarrier... Read more

A:It seems that third party programs that connect to the internet by default will not start

I had two viruses that were picked up today by the Symantec End Point Protection program and were quarantined. They were backdoor.trojans named esenperf.dll. Topic Closed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/348967/it-seems-that-third-party-programs-that-connect-to-the-internet-by-default-will-not-start/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello Guys,

I wanna Know That I hab a nokia siemens SL2_141 modem which is not in use...beacause I dont have anymore BSNL connection. Now I am using A Wireless Modem of MTS. Recently I have Buyed New Phone I wanna Use wifi...
So ,Wanna Know From You Guys...

HOw Can I connect Internet of my Wireless Modem to The Wifi of nokia siemens SL2_141 Modem.I have Attached A photo So that U ppl Understand properly..

Pls, Help me out with this Problem
OS-Window 7 (32bit)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

A:Connect a Wireless Modem to ADSL modem for Wifi

The "nokia siemens SL2_141" is a modem/wireless router combo; I assume that "A Wireless Modem of MTS" is also a modem/wireless router combo.

If my assumption is correct you can use the Nokia as an ethernet switch and wireless access point ...

JohnWill's procedure (Aug. 30, 2008) for configuring a secondary router as a switch and, optionally, wireless access point follows.

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together.

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. [You will not need a cross-over cable if one of the "routers" is a computer.] Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connect-a-wireless-modem-to-adsl-modem-for-wifi.1085317/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hope this isn't confusing but, my internet provider (my cable company) came in to set up a wireless modem/router when we upped our internet speed today. We have three desktop computers which are hard wired to our existing Linksys router which we have been using previously. Would it be in our best interest to turn off the wireless function of that router (it's hooked up to the new modem/wireless router so the hardwired computers can function since the new unit has no ports to plug in the desktop computers into). Our wireless devices are all 'connected' to the new modem/router (using its passphrase and SSID). Can the wireless capabilities of each interfere with each other? They are sitting right next to each other.

A:Solved: Internet provider wireless modem/router and my hard wired router

It's confusing to me, but can make two comments ...

a. If you are not using the wireless network of a router it's best to disable or turn off the wireless--saves electricity and should extend the life of the router.

b. Two wireless networks whose channel numbers are less than five from each other can interfere. In North America if possible use channels 1, 6 and 11 to guarantee non interference.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-provider-wireless-modem-router-and-my-hard-wired-router.1122336/
Relevancy 52.03%

I logged on to my computer as an administrator and my desktop didnt display for about 4 minutes. There was only a black screen with the white mouse arrow on it. When the desktop had loaded a Windows notification
bubble popped up saying:

"Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification
Service service. This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the
system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond."

I don't believe that I have installed any software etc. recently that could have caused this problem to occur. It just randomly happened one day. In sync with this error I am unable to connect to the internet using my 3 mobile modem and my laptop isn't recognising any wireless signals bringing up the message:

"The dependency service or group failed to start"

My laptop is a Philips freevents 12NB5800 which uses vista.

A:[B]Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service[/B]

try loggin in as an admin and viewing hte error log like it said

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/b-windows-could-not-connect-to-the-system-event-notification-service-service-b-277883.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I am using windows 95 and trying to use Xbloc's X-Cleaner Freeware Edition
for cleaning. However after I did the cleaning internet won't work any more, including surfing and email checking, the website won't find me solution on how to undo or revert to the previous state. Later I found on http://oldfiles.streamlinetrial.co.uk/lightspeed/lightspeed95.html that I should not check "Layered Service Provider" settings when using the freeware, but it is too late anyway. does anyone can help me to find solutions? Thank you very much! it is painful without internet
Paul

A:"Layered Service Provider" settings

This came from x-block.com support page,as it says try re-moving IE Then re-loading it

http://www.xblock.com/tt/index.php?...rusPublicGUI=d3b38aee83720917b5c9c9573859240f
Problem
I ran X-Cleaner product on my computer and when it finished, I can no longer access the Internet with IE.
Solution
When cleaning:
X-Cleaner does not change your IE settings.
This might be a configuration problem on your machine. Try reinstalling Internet Explorer.

When removing spyware, it is always possible that some ill-behaving malware disrupted your LSP configuration. In the main interfacem, check the option "Verify LSP stack". This should be able to repair any damage.
gjw.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/layered-service-provider-settings.310009/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi I have an acer aspire windows vista bit operating system I recently got a new modem router it s apparently in from rogers and I cannot connect to connect cannot modem. connect I internet can only using to connection' new 'local the internet When I attempt to connect i can only connect to the quot local quot connection Everyone else in my family can connect via wireless and I can only connect if i use an ethernet cable which is directly connected to my laptop When i typed in ipconfig all on the command prompt cannot connect to internet using new modem. I can only connect 'local connection' this is what pops up Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Alice Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List vlan phub net cable rogers com Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix vlan phub net cable rogers com Description Broadcom NetLink TM Fast Ethernet Physical Address - B- - - B- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv cannot connect to internet using new modem. I can only connect 'local connection' Address fe e d be Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained January- - PM Lease Expires January- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - C- - - - E- C- F-C - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix vlan phub net cable rogers com Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - E- C- F-C - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f a f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained January- - PM Lease Expires January- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - C- - - - E- C- F-C - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix vlan phub net cable rogers com Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Windows system gt I am grateful for anyone who can provide me with some insight on how to solve this problem thanks in advance for anyone who replies ps If there is nothing I can do and its a problem with my old laptop friend told me its too old please tell me so I can look for a new laptop nbsp

A:cannot connect to internet using new modem. I can only connect 'local connection'

Atheros AR5007EG Click to expand...

this is a problem adapter on vista whenever a change is made

Have a read through the following - the most common fix is the driver update - from the manufacturers website or from the atheros website

Atheros Wireless Adapter - AR5007EG & AR5007

Over the last couple of years we have been seeing a lot of problems with the above adapters, mainly concerning WPA and WPA2 encryption and mainly on windows Vista.
We have seen just a couple of issues on other windows operating system, windows XP and windows 7.

Windows XP:- A driver update has resolved the issue
Windows 7 :- No conclusive results for a fix

The wireless adapter gets an IP configuration, and shows as connected, but communication is non-existent or sporadic.

Log into the Router and disable the wireless security and see if you are now able to connect to the internet and surf OK.
Please post back a reply here, and let us know if that works or does not work.
If you post back the make and exact model of the router - we can advise how to disable the wireless security

The majority of fixes are via installing a new driver from either the Manufacturers website and if that does not resolve the issue then from the atheros web site - see item (3)

Here are a number of possible solutions

--- 1) In Device Manager right click on the wireless adapter and "update driver."

--- 2) Download and install the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site support section,

If you post a reply here with the Make and EXACT model of your PC, along with the windows version you are running. we will see if we can find a link to the driver and will post a reply with the link here.

--- 3) The majority of members, have now used the drivers from the atheros driver site, which has resolved the issue.
- see below for direct links for windows vista and the link for all Atheros adapters and supported operating systems

--- 4) On one occasion re-setting the router back to factory default and re-configuring the router settings has resolved the issue
AR5007
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007 and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started
AR5007EG
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007EG and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started
Drivers for the other windows operating system
http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-drivers.php
You need to look down the page for your particular adapter model and then look across the columns to find your windows version.
Now click on the blue tick mark in the column under your windows version.
This will open another page for that particular adapter and that windows version.

Now click on the download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

Assuming that after all the above the wireless still does not connect to the internet, all I can suggest is to use wireless security of WEP or to get an external USB wireless card.

Please post a reply here , and keep us informed of the situation and how you finally resolved the issue.

To install the driver you will need to do the following

Extract the downloaded zip file into a folder on the PC
then

For Vista;
> Start Globe
> Control Panel
> System and maintenance
> Scroll down to Device manager
> network adaptors, click on the + >
> Right click on the AR5007(EG) Adapter
> click on Update Driver Software...
> click on Brow... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-to-internet-using-new-modem-i-can-only-connect-local-connection.1084927/
Relevancy 50.31%

I recently updated my high speed internet with a Rogers high speed wi-fi modem. Initially I could log into the wi-fi network but after changing the wi-fi modem password I cannot login using wi-fi......my laptop still recognises the old modem password and I cannot input the new password. How do I change the password connection.....it does not ask to change it when I try to connect.

A:I cannot connect to wi-fi modem after changing wi-fi modem ...

Hi @rufus007, Welcome to HP Forums! I understand that you need to update the WiFi password on your laptop. I want to help. Please follow the steps below:Right-click the WiFi symbol in the system tray and select Open Network and Sharing Center.Click Change adapter settings.Right-click the WiFi adapter. ...In the WiFi Status dialog, click Wireless Properties.Click the Security tab and then check Show characters.Update the password, and save the settings. Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".  To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!    If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. Thanks. Regards,

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/I-cannot-connect-to-wi-fi-modem-after-changing-wi-fi-modem/td-p/5601844
Relevancy 50.31%

Able to connect wirelessly to internet through DSL modem fine. Desktop that connects to DSL modem via ethernet cable has lost its connection - had been working just fine (have not changed any physical connection since network connection dropped). Cannot ipconfig as no connection to modem. Light just blinks where plugged into modem. Happened once before and it was some controller or other than needed to be reinstalled, however, nothing on the device manager is currently showing red. Have tried deleting and reinstalling for the network connections on desktop to no avail. Any ideas? (compaq presario sr1475cl running xp sp2) Thanks in advance

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi All I have Laptop Toshiba Satellite L windows I used cable DSL Solved: back cable modem modem-now interne Cable can't laptop to my connect to to modem Motorola SURFboard SBG and it was working fine Then I changed my ISP to Century Link and used their DSL modem and still everything worked just fine Now I moved to another city and used same cable modem SBG Solved: Cable modem to DSL back to cable modem-now my laptop can't connect to interne and Solved: Cable modem to DSL back to cable modem-now my laptop can't connect to interne connected my business PC thru ethernet and it is working fine The problem is with my laptop which I tried to connect wirelessly but coudn t so I tried to connect it thru ethernet but it does not even recognizes it Funny thing is my hard wired computer has picked up same network name thru modem and is working fine both thru ethernet and wifi this computer I am using first time with this modem My laptop find available networks and when I select my network with password some time it Solved: Cable modem to DSL back to cable modem-now my laptop can't connect to interne says connected with limited access and some time quot windows was unable to connect quot message I tried most of the solutions by calling Suddenlink and Motorola but no luck I am wordering if it has to do anything with centurylink s DSL modem being used on this laptop before and somehow blocking cable modem Any help nbsp

A:Solved: Cable modem to DSL back to cable modem-now my laptop can't connect to interne

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cable-modem-to-dsl-back-to-cable-modem-now-my-laptop-cant-connect-to-interne.1072716/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi there. Got a Conexant USB modem CX93010 ACF. Yesterday, after the upgrade to Win 10, I was able to receive faxes, but there is no log being kept, no faxes saved as it was with Win 8.1. It just prints them out. Today it does no longer receive them. Sending has not been possible. When I go into the configuration for Windows Fax and Scan, Fax settings detects the modem and shows its name. But fax accounts tells me I need to connect to a Fax. That's fine, but it just shows fax modem, and it is grayed out. So I cannot change or edit anything there. So far I have stopped fax service in windows and restarted it; I have uninstalled the modem and reinstalled it in device manager. No changes. What else can I do?

A:fax modem and fax service

I have the same problem with a US Robotics PCI Fax (internal) modem, where the name of the fax modem shows up, but the option to use it is grayed out and I cannot get WFS to send a fax. The modem works fine for making calls. Did you ever find a solution?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/12643-fax-modem-fax-service.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi,
I can't seem to connect my laptop using my ethernet cable, but I'm able to connect it to the Internet using my wireless connection. Whenever I plug in the cable, my computer tells me that the LAN connection is connected, but I can't open a web page. I tried connecting the cable onto another laptop and it worked, so I don't know what's up with the LAN connection on mine.

Command Prompt Message after ipconfig /all:

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.101
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, February 20, 2011 8:34:53 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, February 20, 2011 11:34:53 PM

Relevancy 46.44%

I have a Westell modem with a direct Ethernet connection to my laptop and Verizon DSL service Everything was working perfectly until the other day when during a thunderstorm the modem started losing sync I really don My Computer Modem, it Verizon Is DSL Service, or Westell t think the storm had anything to do with it but thought I should mention it anyway After awhile the sync was restored All four LED s on the modem are now solid red indicating Is it My Verizon DSL Service, Westell Modem, or Computer that I have power DSL and both an Internet and Is it My Verizon DSL Service, Westell Modem, or Computer Ethernet connection Only problem Nothing works When I bring up the Verizon control pad it tells me I m offline It doesn t even appear to be checking because when I close and reopen it immediately restates that I m offline No quot checking connection quot message What is also strange is that when I type the modem s IP address into the browser it doesn t bring up the control page It s really as if I don t have any connection at all Is it likely that I have a malfunctioning modem even thought the LED s indicate that it s fine Or is the problem in the computer settings that have somehow gotten changed I did have a malicious script that was misdirecting the links in Google but that was fixed by SpySweeper I just did complete Norton and SpySweeper scans BUT I have SpySweeper turned off completely and Norton auto-protect is disabled BTW my dialup service also have Worldnet works just fine Could some kind soul please advise as to what might be the problem Obviously I m trying to avoid a call to Verizon because I have a heart condition Thanks very much Frank nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

I built a new system using an MSI K A mobo and installed Vista Ultimate successfully on that system I then began installing the drivers and utilities from the CD that came with my mobo Everything went well until I installed some of the utilities on the CD and then I receive a BSOD when I login normally service Uninstalling a after safe BSOD in modem to Vista Uninstalling a service in safe modem after BSOD Once the reboot occurs I can succesfully login to Vista in safe mode I then uninstalled all of the drivers which were originally on the CD but the BSOD still occurs in normal mode Unfortunately I can not uninstall Uninstalling a service in safe modem after BSOD all of the utilities in safe mode because two of them are Vista services and when I login in safe mode and attempt to uninstall the utilities I am given the message that quot The Windows Installer Service quot can not be accessed or quot The Windows Installer Service is not accessible in safe mode quot What good is safe mode if one can not get rid of whatever appears to be causing a BSOD lt g gt Does anybody know of a way around this problem so I can get rid of the utility which appears to be causing my BSOD

A:Uninstalling a service in safe modem after BSOD

found this , info on starting installer in safemode , maybe worth a shot

Windows Installer & Safe Mode | Symantec Connect

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/228609-uninstalling-service-safe-modem-after-bsod.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey everyone. My modem was making modem noise perfectly fine and like normal before I installed Service Pack 2. Unfortunately, after installing Service Pack 2, my modem is now muted and makes no noise whatsoever. How can I unmute my modem so I can hear it when it connects to the Internet again? I am using Juno Platinum and I know that Juno mutes the modem by default but I checked that setting and it is not set to mute my modem in Juno. Device Manager says that my modem is a:

U.S. Robotics 56k Voice Host Int

Also, Device Manager says, "This device is working properly." I only noticed this problem after installing Service Pack 2 for my Windows XP Professional computer. Someone please help me!

Relevancy 46.01%

ok im not to knowlegable about all of this so any help appreciated i am going to try and help a friend to connect to the internet for the first time she is awaiting her ISP to have her line ready etc never used for broadband before she has bought a new laptop wifi enabled with vista compatability issues which i have tested on my wireless network at home and works fine asking me to get her a router so as i like mine and her laptop connected very well wirelesly to mine i was thinking of getting her the same netgear rangemax ADSL modem wireless router DG PN i found it simple enough laptop broadband new connecting a modem/router new new service to a and to connect the above modem router with ethernet cable to my desktop on an already established broadband connection not so sure how to do all parts from new and just out of the box Broadband on her line new and never used tested laptop that will not have been tested connected to her ISP and router just out of the box would appreciate some direction and will vista work ok with the above named connecting a new modem/router and new laptop to a new broadband service router i am connecting a new modem/router and new laptop to a new broadband service thinking that i cofigure the laptop and router through a wired connection first and once all connected and working cant i just remove the wires the router will not be connected to any other pc or device will this all work ok setting up together for the first time its putting all three together for the first time at the same time that worrys me a little thanks for your patience and help nbsp

A:connecting a new modem/router and new laptop to a new broadband service

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-a-new-modem-router-and-new-laptop-to-a-new-broadband-service.665469/
Relevancy 45.58%

For those who may have forgotten me, my situation reviewed:
*Dell Inspiron Laptop with WinXP
*Verizon DSL Service
*Westell 6100 Modem
*Modem and DSL connection fine with second computer (I'm on it now.)
*No ability to connect with internal NIC.
*PCMCIA NIC tried, still no connect.
*ipconfig/all shows all zeros for IP address.
*Stack reset done.
*Manual IP addressing attempted.
(I'd be happy to repost another ipconfig/all if you'd like.)

Is there *anything* else that anyone can think of before I reinstall windows *and*
why should a Win XP reinstall fix this problem???

I have never done a reinstall. I plan to do a complete backup before reinstalling.
Any other precautions?

Will I then have to reinstall all my programs???????

Sorry to return like a bad penny here, but I am avoiding a reinstall at all cost.

Thank you again.
Frank

A:Verizon DSL Service, Modem or Computer: Final Questions Before Reinstall of XP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/verizon-dsl-service-modem-or-computer-final-questions-before-reinstall-of-xp.578359/
Relevancy 45.58%

Just bought a new customized HP desktop I do a lot of faxing through my computer and my last notebook had a fax modem built in HP tells me I ll need an external fax modem which plugs into the USB port if I want to fax with the new machine Then the RJ of the phone line coming from the SAME cable as my internet and television goes into the USB fax modem Why If my internet and television and my phone are all from the same cable company cable why can t software do through Solved: need a modem I cable why I've so service company dial-up my phone in my computer dial the fax number through the internet cable plugged into my computer I don t want to fax through some internet company I have to pay I want to scan documents using my scanner then fax them out using the Windows fax application I currently use XP but the new machine will have Vista HP also tells me internal fax modem cards are a thing of the past replaced by the USB modem True nbsp

A:Solved: I've phone service through my cable company so why do I need a dial-up modem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-ive-phone-service-through-my-cable-company-so-why-do-i-need-a-dial-up-modem.821268/
Relevancy 45.58%

just got new computer with vista. I dont seem able to get an internet connection using my existing speedtouch 330 broadband modem. Is there something i need to do differently? Someone told me i need a router but as i only have the one computer why is this necessary? I thought routres were only for connecting many compters to the one line wirelessly?

maybe i should get someone to scrub the vista & reinstall xp? (or maybe even '98 as i thought that the easiest system to work!)

A:cant connect with modem?

Disconnect the power to your modem.

Turn of the PC.

wait 30 seconds.

Plug the modem in.

Wait for the modem to synch with your ISP.

Turn the PC on.

Vista will usually detect DHCP settings and find a valid IP if you do things in this order.

If not call your service provider, they can get you online or tell you what you need.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-with-modem.652982/
Relevancy 45.58%

I am unable to dialup to the internet. The computer opens the port, tries to dial then displays the error message:
"Disconnected... Error 628: The connection was terminated by the remote computer before it could be completed".

I have checked in Modem properties and the modem diagnostic query is successful with no errors reported. There are no exclamation marks in Hardware Device Manager and everything is reported as enabled and working.

The log file in Modem properties reports:
"Opening the modem device failed with error 00000020".

I am at a loss as to what to do now. I don't have access to the modem drivers so am hesitant to remove the modem from Device Manager and reinstall it because the drivers on the web are older and sound a bit flaky.

Running Windows XP Home and the modem is a HSP56 MR by PCtel.

Any ideas please?

A:Modem will not connect

Has it ever worked?

Any noise on your phone lines? And are you dialing the right number, with area code if needed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/modem-will-not-connect.274415/
Relevancy 45.58%

i need your help....i have a problem with the connection of my LAN it cannot be detect, i already check cable wires connection it oks...ip add ok ....
my motherboard super x7sba..my OS windows 7 ultimate thanks

Relevancy 45.58%

The primary modem is a WRT600N and the secondary bridged modem is a E3000.

I tried connecting to the E3000, as I have done in the past, by using an Ethernet connection between it and my laptop. Each of these modems has a different password, yet when I use the Linksys standard 192.168.1.1 at the laptop, the WRT600N log-on appears and I cannot get to the E3000 at all.

I tried turning off the WRT600N and used a neighbor's WiFi, to bypass the WRT600N, up pops the neighbor's modem name requesting a password.

I cannot ping it either, but I am able to ping other network units from my desktop.

I need to make some security mode changes, yet I do not know what else to do to get inside the E3000.

A:Cannot connect to Modem

Are you trying to get to your modem or to those routers? The WRT600N and the Linksys E3000 are routers.

It sounds like the subnet and/or IP address of the router has been changed. I would take the E3000 and connect it directly to your computer via ethernet cable and configure it. If DHCP has been turned off on the E3000, do a hard reset - that will set the Linksys back to the default 192.168.1.1.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/242101-cannot-connect-modem.html
Relevancy 45.58%

gdya, have conected my ADSL modem to my pc, and it wont work, i spoke to bigpond staff, went through a heap of trouble shooting and they've told me i need a driver, i just dont know which driver im in need of, and cant find anything realy

so my computer is (i think) an AMD Athlon 64, if that makes any sense. please help, cheers!

Relevancy 45.58%

Hello to all I have had the same setup ISP and laptop for the past years and I haven t had a problem with my router I have a linksys WRTG V router I noticed that my connection was unsecured so I took advice from a random thread on google and now I am unable to connect to my router I went into the linksys router via http and went to wireless gt wireless security gt security mode WEP gt and modem. Can't connect through then entered a passphrase and generated keys Please note that I can connect to the internet directly through my modem Also someone else in my house has a laptop and can connect to the router wireless It says the signal strength is excellent and I should be able to connect but I cannot As you can tell I meant to say I cannot connect to my router sorry for the confusion Here is a screen shot of my info Any help would be great Thank you Marcus nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

I installed a new modem in a 98 machine, bu it automatically defaults to com4, IRQ 11. I have changed this in the device manager to com2, IRQ3, but it still shows up on com4. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 45.58%

And yet another stumper. This computer is an HP Pavilion 6630, Win98se, 256 MB ram, and belongs to my Mother.
The modem has stopped connecting, and sounds quite odd when it attempts to make a connection. This started with the modem only being able to connect at maybe 19200 (if she was lucky), then after a re-format, it has completely quit connecting.
Assuming the modem had died, I went out and bought her a new modem. Installed it, and am having the same problem with it. I have moved this modem through all 3 pci slots on the board with the exact same results..it will not connect today at anything over 14400. Any thoughts on this one?? MOBO dying, maybe?
I have checked all of the settings, and they are correct.
JustMe2

A:Modem won't connect...

Just a question...

The new modem is connecting, but at a less than desired speed, correct ?

If so can you go to the manufacture's site and download the most recent drivers for the modem ?

If that doesn't work, there are several things that can affect the connection speed...

1) Noise in the phone lines.
2) Bad cable from the wall jack to the PC.
3) The modem may need a Init. string (as as in my case, when I was on dial up )...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/modem-wont-connect.108919/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello I hope this is in the right section I recently installed a pc monitoring program that monitors certain areas of my pc Every now and then it goes off It warns me that a new text file from my modem is being written to my c windows folder Here Is Trying My Connect? Modem To is the modem log - Is My Modem Trying To Connect? - - File C WINDOWS system tapisrv dll Version - - - File C WINDOWS system unimdm tsp Version - - - File C WINDOWS system unimdmat dll Version - - - File C WINDOWS system uniplat dll Version - - - File Is My Modem Trying To Connect? C WINDOWS Is My Modem Trying To Connect? system drivers modem sys Version - - - File C WINDOWS system modemui dll Version - - - File C WINDOWS system mdminst dll Version - - - Modem type SoftK Data Fax Voice CARP - - - Modem inf path oem inf - - - Modem inf section Modem - - - Matching hardware ID pci ven f amp dev f amp subsys f - - - N ctsfl rtsctl - - - Initializing modem - - - DSR is low while initializing the modem Verify modem is turned on - - - Send AT lt cr gt - - - Recv lt cr gt lt lf gt OK lt cr gt lt lf gt - - - Interpreted response OK - - - Send AT amp FE V S amp C amp D MR DR ER W lt cr gt - - - Recv lt cr gt lt lf gt OK lt cr gt lt lf gt - - - Interpreted response OK - - - Send ATS M ES DS IFC X lt cr gt - - - Recv lt cr gt lt lf gt OK lt cr gt lt lf gt - - - Interpreted response OK - - - Waiting for a call - - - Send ATS lt cr gt - - - Recv lt cr gt lt lf gt OK lt cr gt lt lf gt - - - Interpreted response OKI now use DSL so the modem isn t even connected It looks like my modem is trying to turn on I have scanned my system with antivirus antirootkit and hijack this Everything is negative I ve looked at my firewall for any open ports or connections Nothing there either Should I be concerned about this How can I disable it temporally it so it doesn t do this and determine what program is telling the modem to do this thanks quot quot

A:Is My Modem Trying To Connect?

Welcome to BC
It would help to know what PC monitoring program you are using. Without knowing, the log is pretty much useless and we can only guess
Mark

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/123062/is-my-modem-trying-to-connect/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi

I am trying to connect to the internet by a dial-up connection. It dials and check for the username and password which are okay, Then it receive an Error 670 about "The connection can not establish the remote computer.....".

I phoned the service provider and they say that its the computer and that you should change the modem. I try three different modem and all the same error message

Do anyone have any solution? Should I reinstall Windows

A:Modem won't connect

Sounds like a really bad ISP. My old dialup ISP talked me (step-by-step) through setup and troubleshooting.

RANT-ON
You may be dealing with the typical (useless) Help Desk, manned by a barley technical literate person, that can only read the "TelePrompter." If the question & answer are not on the prompter, they are incapable of doing anything else.
RANT-OFF

Try going through the support for your modem.

In Device Manager, is your Modem listed by brand and model? Does it have the very latest drivers? Go to the manufacturer's site and see, especially considering you do not know how long the modem was on the store's stock before you bought it so the drivers on the CD could be old.

You should be able to run a modem setup from the Device Manager, Modem Properties dialog. Then you MAY have a Modem Setup Utility that installed from the modem's CD. My backup USR Modem (I have DSL) has a setup utility. This is where your modem's Tech Support may be of help, if they are not using the same idiot as your ISP.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/modem-wont-connect-299630.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I need a suggestion for what to try next with some modem problems I am having with a brand new computer I bought. I tried to register with Microsoft's MSN after buying the computer, but the new computer's modem couldn't make a connection. You could hear the modem squealing, but it wouldn't connect. I took it to Best Buy and they were able to make a connection the first time. Of course when I took it back home, it wouldn't connect. I even tried making a Dial Up Networking connection to another MSN number locally. That leads me to believe it is related to my phone line. My PC is connected directly to the phone jack on the wall. I tried connecting a phone to the line and the phone works fine. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 45.58%

I am attempting to connect a US Robotics 56k Faxmodem v4.11.2 to a custom piece of hardware that contains a V.32 bis modem (14.4k max). It seems to only connect at 1200bps.

Is there a way to force the 56k modem to run V.32 as its default? The manual and USR web site are not much help.

A:Want 56k modem to connect at 14.4k

I believe that your phone service has a lot to do with the speed of your modem. Our daughter used to live in the country, at the end of the phone line, and her computer REALLY WAS SLOW....
vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/want-56k-modem-to-connect-at-14-4k.728945/
Relevancy 45.58%

I am logging this for a girlfriend because she is unable to get on the net She has an error Message that says The modem is being used by another dialup networking connection or program I took my friend through this series of tests http www gis net sotis a html All of the tests past except the bottom one where it says If the modem does respond to the ATI commands then there is most likely a problem in the phone line or the way the phone line is connected the Modem and Com port Won't The Net! Connect To Modem are OK With both Windows and you can get a specious error message occasionally when the modem is attempting to detect the dial tone Sometimes when it can t detect the dial tone it thinks that another program is using the modem and gives error If the modem does not respond to the ATI commands and either says port already open cannot open port or there is no response from the modem then the modem needs to be reinstalled preferably on a different Com Port What happens with my friends modem is that the ATI s have zeros in them except ATI and it says quot no connection quot Does the modem need to be Modem Won't Connect To The Net! reinstalled If so how do we do that Here is some more information My friend had a webdialer thing some type of porn dialer attack her system and they were able to get rid of it using hijack this They only took of the webdialer and left everything else The webdialer attacked the modem and now the modem is not working in that port We are not sure how to reconfigure it or how to reinstall the modem Here is that log file after removing the porn thing but the problem with the modem started happening when this webdialer thing hijacked the computer Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Gold Win x MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSTASK EXE C PROGRAM FILES MCAFEE MCAFEE OFFICE MCAFEE VIRUSSCAN VSHWIN EXE C PROGRAM FILES MCAFEE GUARD DOG GUARDDOG EXE C PROGRAM FILES MCAFEE MCAFEE OFFICE MCAFEE VIRUSSCAN WEBSCANX EXE c windows SYSTEM KB KB EXE C PROGRAM FILES MCAFEE MCAFEE OFFICE MCAFEE VIRUSSCAN VSSTAT EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM TAPISRV EXE C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C Program Files HP OfficeJet Series register remind exe C WINDOWS TASKMON EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES REAL PLAYER REALPLAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES MCAFEE MCAFEE OFFICE MCAFEE VIRUSSCAN AVCONSOL EXE C PROGRAM FILES MCAFEE MCAFEE SHARED COMPONENTS GUARDIAN CMGRDIAN EXE C PROGRAM FILES CYBERMEDIA CMAGENT EXE C PROGRAM FILES DIAMOND INCONTROL TOOLS DMHKEY EXE C PROGRAM FILES HP OFFICEJET SERIES BIN HPOSTR EXE C PROGRAM FILES WEBSHOTS WEBSHOTSTRAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES MCAFEE MCAFEE OFFICE OIL CHANGE SCHEDAPP EXE C PROGRAM FILES MCAFEE MCAFEE SHARED COMPONENTS CRASH PROTECTOR CRASHMON EXE C PROGRAM FILES MCAFEE MCAFEE SHARED COMPONENTS CRASH PROTECTOR FACPRMON EXE C PROGRAM FILES MCAFEE MCAFEE OFFICE FIRST AID FAMONHKW EXE C PROGRAM FILES MCAFEE MCAFEE OFFICE FIRST AID RESMON EXE C PROGRAM FILES MCAFEE MCAFEE OFFICE FIRST AID FADSKMON EXE C PROGRAM FILES MCAFEE MCAFEE OFFICE FIRST AID FASMTMON EXE C PROGRAM FILES HP OFFICEJET SERIES BIN HPOVDX EXE C PROGRAM FILES MCAFEE MCAFEE SHARED COMPONENTS CRASH PROTECTOR CMCP EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM HPOHID EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM RNAAPP EXE A HIJACKTHIS V DO NOT LET OTHER PEOPLE USE THIS PROGRAM EXE F - win ini load c progra hpoffi register remind exe N - Netscape user pref quot browser startup homepage quot quot http cgi ebay com aw-cgi ebayISAPI dll MyEbayItemsBiddingOn amp userid BLEEP amp pa ss h WGXWDRqtaPEcHx k g amp first N amp sellerSort amp bi dderSort amp watchSort amp dayssince amp p amp p amp p amp p amp p amp ssPageName MerchMax quot C WINDOWS Application Data Mozilla Profiles default vzqrucp slt prefs j s N - Netscape user pref quot browser search defaultengine quot quot engine C A CPROGRAM FILES CNETSCAPE CNETSCAPE Csea rchplugins CSBWeb ... Read more

Relevancy 45.58%

I've been living with my daughter and have had 2 computers on a home networking system using DSL. I am moving to my own place and will only have the one computer. Do I just need the modem that came with the setup or will I need the modem AND the router?
Thank you,
Barbara

Relevancy 45.58%

Man, I hope someone can help.

I was able to connect just fine one day, then then I came back from over the weekend I could not connect to any websites. On the modem itself, the DSL connection and the Ethernet connection were working, but the internet light was out. the modem is an ActionTec GT701. I tried everything with the modem, even buying a new one. Nothing. The various tech supports cented in India I was routed to didn't help either. I could sucessfully ping the ISP with the command prompt, so the computer was getting through that way, but when I try IE, I get the "Internet Explorer Cannot Display this Webpage"

I uninstalled the old Qwest software and used the new instal CD with the new modem, and it still woldn't work. Same error message. Is it a problem with IE? XP? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

A:Can't connect to my DSL modem.

Sounds like a DNS issue, can you ping bbc.co.uk from cmd?

or does it just let you ping ip addresses? i.e ping 82.34.153.65.

let me know (btw the 82.34.x.x is random, it might not work lol)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-connect-to-my-dsl-modem-250921.html
Relevancy 45.58%

hi i have a windows vista laptop connected wirelessly to broadband recently had to reboot my windows xp which was connected to router by ethernet cable now i cant get the xp back working using a belkin router can someone run me through what to do also i dont have any software cd for belkin do i need this?

A:how do i connect to modem

You can go here and get the drivers for it.
http://en-us-support.belkin.com/app/...ist/q/routers/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-do-i-connect-to-modem-438715.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi, Ihave a modem, TP3810 (the setup is Conexant). I've used it for about 3 years, but a few days ago it stopped connecting unless I dial something on my phone then leave it off the hook. If I hang up it disconnects. I've checked the settings, which have not altered. It's not a computer problem, as I'm sure you all know, an ADSL modem connects as soon as it is switched on,(or used to!) When I listen to the phone it sounds just like the old dialup days. If I make a proper phone call I can hear the noise in the background. Sure would appreciate some help. I could reset the modem but am reluctant to do so in case I lose it completely.
RR

A:Modem failing to connect

I'm a little confused from your post and can't find any google hits to TP3810 that relate to a modem. I'm going to assume that it is an ADSL modem, in which case it sounds like you're missing a microfilter or it is malfunctioning/broken. When an ADSL modem connects you should not be able to hear anything over the phone line because the microfilter separates voice and data transmission. Check that your modem is connected to the phone line through the correct socket on a microfilter and the same for any phones, faxes etc. that you have.

Don't be afraid to reset the modem by cycling the power on/off or pressing any factory reset buttons; if that breaks it then it was on the way out anyway. Just make sure that you have a record of your login details for your ISP so that you can restore them after resetting.

Slainte

midders

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/modem-failing-to-connect.871900/
Relevancy 44.72%

Problem Modem will not connect to the Internet Background In Dec I had problem connecting to the Internet It was extremely slow Suddenly one day my K Sporster Modem began connecting to the internet at to baud After several call to my ISP I was told my modem software need to be updated Instead I purchased and installed an internal US Robotics V V PCIfax modem for windows The problem did not go away Again I called tech support at my ISP Again they tried to tell me it was my modem Finally got Internet not will Modem to connect someone who was able to trouble shoot I Modem will not connect to Internet was given a string of extra initialization commands which were AT PIG PMH PQC This worked for a while In April this year I think my ISP changed servers the problem occurred again I called and was given a new string of extra initialization commands which was AT PIG PMH Again Modem will not connect to Internet the slowness returned this time I was given the extra initialization command mvs AT amp T my ISP did not have V service at this time Slowness problem went away Now the problem returned worse than ever connecting at to baud I again called Tech Support at AT amp T which is now in India They could not correct the problem They have told me There is nothing they could do My problem is my modem software need to be updated Being totally frustrated I on my own tried the previous extra initialization commands I was previously given They did not work Now I can not even connect to the Internet When I try the modem starts dialing but it never gets connected I could sure use some help Did I mess myself up when trying the extra initialization commands I have run diagnostics on the modem The modem is not defective I have physically removed the modem and rebooted the machine x in succession thinking that might flush the plug amp play memory I have changed the slot the modem in installed in None of this has corrected the problem Do I need to reset all defaults for the modem In the OS How do you do this What will happen if I use add amp remove program feature in the control panel to delete the modem amp software Can this be done or will I mess something else up My machine is a Dell Optiplen PIII The OS is Windows professional with service pack installed I have Norton Antivirus and McAfee firewall installed both NAV amp McAfee have been installed since September of and were running fine Does any one have an answer Would appreciate hearing from you Thanks Patton nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

My wife's job requires she log her time at the job via one of the old telxons. They have a modem in them and require a phone line to connect. I would like to get rid of my old phone line and use our cell phone. I need to know how to connect that TELXON modem to out cell phone to allow her to send her time in the the company American Greeting Card.

Kind regards,
R. Michael Frank

Relevancy 44.72%

My TP Link TD-W8951ND refuses to connect with my note2. I have tried resetting the TP Link both hard and soft but the same problem prevails. It was connecting fine prior to me updating to the latest firmware for TPLink. Point is the Note2 connect just fine with my spare Belkin router. While with the TPLink it never goes beyong Obtaining IP Address, which it never does then tells me weak network signal.
Please help and thank you in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/modem-router-connect-help.1082978/
Relevancy 44.72%

I had to reinstall XP and now modem won't work. It is an internal Conexant. Ran Dell utility which says it is working and interacting with windows. When I try to log to AOL I get as far as talking to network but doesn't connect. It dials the AOL number.
I am not sure how I should have the Network connection set up...maybe I have something wrong there.
Also...Norton gives me an error on startup telling me my network connection is not correct.
PLEASE HELP ME. I have been trying to fix this for 12 straight hours. I'm a novice and I'm at my wits end. I'm about ready to throw PC away and buy a new one. (BTW...I'm typing this from my 6 year old stand-by)

Relevancy 44.72%

My new pc doesn't have a PCI slot to accommodate my old Fax-Modem. I certainly don't use the modem, but it can be handy to Fax sometimes.
I thought there might be a way to connect it to my new pc via USB?
Or any other way for that matter.
Any info on this will be greatly appreciated.
DPC

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/50321-how-connect-internal-fax-modem-pc-via-usb.html