Windows Support Forum

Please Help Urgently!!!! - problem connecting to Internet through wired network?

Q: Please Help Urgently!!!! - problem connecting to Internet through wired network?

Please Help Urgently!!!! - problem connecting to Internet through wired network?
2 computers on our network (7 computers in total) were connecting to internet with no problem until today. We are now unable to connect & have tried the various repair options. They both have different operating systems ( XP Pro & Vista Home Basic) but the same problem. All other computers are connecting fine so I don't think that it is a problem with the router. The only thing that I can think of that has changed was that I was in Network Connections & clicked on the following option at the side of the screen "Removes icons for UPnP devices located on network & closes associated firewall ports" Please help as I only have very basic knowledge and these people desparately need to get back online for work reasons!!!
PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Please Help Urgently!!!! - problem connecting to Internet through wired network?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Please Help Urgently!!!! - problem connecting to Internet through wired network?

Please help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/please-help-urgently-problem-connecting-to-internet-through-wired-network-198242.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello , I am new here and I'm also new to Vista so please bear with me. I recently installed Vista Ultimate x64 and when I tried to set-up my Home Network with Internet i bumped on a "Unidentified Network" message. The network settings and map are like this : Internet -> Broadband Modem -> PC ethernet card 1 ( IPv4 - automatically assigned by DHCP, internet connection shared ) -> PC ethernet card 2 (IPv4 - 192.168.1.1 , no gateway , same DNS as IP ) -> Switch -> My other 2 PCs at home ( IPv4 , 192.168.1.2-3, Gateway: 192.168.1.1 , DNS: 192.168.1.1 ) . This are the settings i was using prior to installing Vista when i was still running Windows XP, and they were working fine. Does anyone knows what am i doing wrong and how can i get rid of the "Unidentified Network" message? Any help would be appreciated.
Also, i am running Windows XP on my other 2 PCs.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/170644-problem-setting-up-wired-home-network-internet.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi,

I want to connect two computers together with a wired RJ45 network cable so that one of the computers can share the other computers' internet.

On the motherboard of the computer which has the internet, there is an:

'SiS 900-Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter'

Is this a built in network card into the motherboard, so I don't need to buy a network card for this computer?

After I have connected both computers with the cable, what happens then? What do I need to configure to get both computers working with each other?

Thanks a lot or your help.

Relevancy 70.52%

I have an alienware x Last night for no reason at all my internet was gone when I came back I checked and my computer isn t even connected to the network I m wired like I said in the title I went into safe connecting My computer to would love some my :X I help (wired) network, isn't mode with networking and still My computer isn't connecting to my (wired) network, I would love some help :X couldn t connect I tried doing a recovery to when my internet was working correctly but it didn t work out I had seen someone suggest doing an ipconfig release on another website so I tried that and got a message saying quot The operation failed as no adapter is in the state permissible for this operation quot My laptop connects just fine to the internet so does my husbands xbox so sadly I know its my computer I m hoping somebody here will be able to maybe suggest what the issue may be It would be great if yall could shoot some suggestions on what to do about this my way If nothing else could someone tell me what exact piece of hardware could be acting up in my computer Thank yall so much ahead of time nbsp

A:My computer isn't connecting to my (wired) network, I would love some help :X

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-isnt-connecting-to-my-wired-network-i-would-love-some-help-x.1102157/
Relevancy 70.52%

I have a wired linksys router that works fine. I'm not using DHCP on it, its setup at 192.168.1.1. My pc which only has a wired NIC, connects with no problems.

I recently bought a tplink wireless router. I changed it so the ip is now 192.168.1.254 (it was 192.168.0.254 originally which meant I couldnt access settings to change from the default password, SSID).

I got the tplink wireless router, so I wouldnt have to be tethered with a wire on my laptop for internet. However, I've wasted time with tech support which I can barely hear or understand. I'd like to get this working, otherwise I'm sending everything back, wireless router and laptop.

I can ping both the linksys and tplink from my laptop with no problems. I can get connected to the tplink wireless router without a problem but I cannot get to the internet. I don't know what to do.

A:Connecting a Wireless Router to Wired Network

What you should have purchased is a dedicated wireless access point rather than another router because getting the configuration correct for a dual router set up can be a real pain. You could have also purchased a router with both wired and wireless access.

Even when set up correctly a dual router network can still be unreliable. The required settings might be different depending on which two routers are being used. If you can get the settings correct it may work though.

The link below explains the settings required to basically turn your wireless router into an access point. Let me know if the settings detailed in the link below work out for you.
Using a Wireless Router as an Access Point Wireless Networking Forum FAQ | DSLReports.com, ISP Information

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/228271-connecting-wireless-router-wired-network.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi

I'm trying to connect a network capable fax/scanner/printer device to my wireless network via an additional wireless accesspoint.

I have WPA-TKIP security on the main wireless router.

I'm having trouble configuring the additional wireless accesspoint. Any advice to do this would be appreciated.

thanks

Relevancy 67.94%

Hi looking for some help here I recently purchased a WD My Net N router connected it int he house and all was working fine Then I restarted my server PC and suddenly I can no longer access the connecting through Problem with network my to Vista PC internet internet on that PC My setup gt gt gt means connected to House Virgin Cable Modem gt gt gt WD My Net Router via Cat My Net Router gt gt gt iMac via Cat and also gt gt gt Pi running XBMC via Cat and also gt gt gt iPhone iPad Kindle via wifi Problem with Vista PC connecting to internet through my network and also gt gt gt a m Cat cable running down the garden to the workshop been working for years and no problem Workshop the m Cat from the WD My Net N connects into a TP-Link TL-WR N router into the WAN socket The TL-WR N gt gt gt My work laptop via Cat and also gt gt gt another laptop via wifi and also gt gt gt my SERVER PC via Cat running Vista So the Server PC I can use to connect to and control both the WD My Net and the TP-Link routers and every other machine in the network can connect to the internet I have the two computers icon in the bottom right of the toolbar but no world symbol so no internet So the Server cannot connnect to the internet Why I did run IPCONFIG ALL for further info from the Server PC and it looks like this Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Fellows Family gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe fa dccc d IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix C Users Fellows Family gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name SVR-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - D- -DA- F- B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe fa dccc d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained June Lease Expires June Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - D- -C - - D- -DA- F- B DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Fellows Family gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name SVR-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TAP-Win Adapter V Physical Address -FF- - E-F - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - D- -DA- F- B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe fa dccc d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained June Lease Expires June Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - D- -C - - D- -DA- F- B DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address... Read more

Relevancy 67.94%

First post I hope this is the correct place to post this question If not please move I just bought a used Acer Aspire One netbook and I am having some issues When I got it the pc needed windows updates done So I did that but I am not sure all the updates worked properly as the machine shut down but never rebooted after finishing updates After I turned it back on I tried to connect to the internet through my wireless router which is working fine for other devices nothing So I tried a wired connection nothing again The wireless wired to Netbook not connecting internet? wireless or is finding my router it is just not hooking up to the internet I tried ipconfig all in the cmd prompt and all it shows is that the media is disconnected Does anyone have any ideas as to what is going on Netbook not connecting to wireless or wired internet? The compute seems to be functioning fine except for the internet Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Thanks All Im running Window I think starter edition nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

Finally fixed a big-time memory issue, but ever since have had difficulty getting a stable internet connection. The system will show the network but rarely connects to it. (Though router is downstairs and through some walls, distance is probably not the cause--same computer/same location used to connect and a laptop sitting right next to it in the same room always connects with 4 or 5 bars.)

Connecting to a D-Link 802.11G router wirelessly.

Attaching IPCONFIG info below.

Thanks in advance for your help!

A:Ongoing problem with connecting to home network/internet

Have you changed the driver for your wireless card? If not perhaps Windows update saw fit to update it for you, and now you have one that is different from when it was working.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/174557-ongoing-problem-connecting-home-network-internet.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I have a home network that uses a DLINK DIR- router All of my devices a mix of wireless and wired except one--a windows xp SP desktop that connecting WinXPSP3 Solved: to computer Wired Internet not stopped working yesterday Some viruses and adware were detected and it has not worked since then What I have done Run AVG Ad-aware and hijackthis to clean up the machine Run netsh WINSOCK reset and netsh int ip reset to try to reset the network Checked Solved: Wired WinXPSP3 computer not connecting to Internet to make sure the wired port was working plugged one of my laptops into it and it was fine Checked the DLINK for any strange settings---no apparent issues The XP machine gets an IP address and can ping the router and other devices on my network It will not ping any public sites although once in a blue moon out of packets is accepted by google I am not forwarding the DNS on the router turned that off based on other troubleshooting sites so I have to manually enter an IP when i was forwarding it resolved the public address but could not connect Any ideas or suggestions Will provide other details if needed nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

So I have two computers an EEE pc running Windows XP and a gaming desktop running Windows I got to school the other day and set up my stuff in my room and tried to get onto the internet using Internet Desktop Network to connecting Problem 7 College Windows my my desktop It failed miserably and I have no idea why and my EEE pc connected in a few seconds and has been running blazing fast I m not sure what you guys need so I ll list a bunch of stuff Desktop Windows bit Home Premium DWA- revE D-Link Wireless Adapter gb AMD Phenom X Processor ATI Radeon HD EEE PC Windows XP Atheros AR gb Intel ATOm CPU N Intel Express Chipset Netbook The wireless manager lists networks logGers unsecured logGers secured and PS-Guest Access unsecured I can connect to either of the two unsecured ones without a hitch and I m done No problems whatsoever Desktop The wireless maanger thing lists - - networks just randomly some switching on and off but mainly I have the same networks avaiable No matter which network I try to connect to I ll either get an immediate message saying quot unable to connect quot and my Windows troubleshooting thing will also immediately say quot unable to find problem quot or it ll try to connect say Problem connecting my Windows 7 Desktop to College Internet Network quot Identifying no internet access quot and maybe seconds later it ll come back with quot Unidentified network no internet access quot On a side note the D-Link Wireless Connection manager lists networks within range on different channels and it won t let me connect to any of them It s super frustrating because my EEE pc has had no trouble at all and I know if I could get the desktop internet running just as well I could do some serious gaming Sometimes the troubleshooting thing won t come back a failure it ll say quot problem with adapter or access point resetting wireless adapter- fixed quot and it ll say the problem is resolved except I m still getting quot unidentified network no internet access quot Also I sometimes get this thing in Troubleshooting that says quot association failed quot for all the networks I m trying to join Things I ve tried Didn t really know what to do I turned off my firewall turned off my anti-virus network shields and such reset my wireless adapter bunches of times and that s about it Let me know if you guys need screenshots of anything or anything else you might need Edit Ran troubleshooting again and it came back with quot The default gateway is not available quot and told me to turn off my adapter for seconds and plug it back in again nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

Hello I just recently bought a TPLINK TD W ND wireless N router I have connected it to the internet and it works fine but the Ethernet speeds are reduced compared to my Netgear DG GU The wireless speeds on the wireless N router are indeed faster and the range is better even though sometimes it loses wireless connection and doesn t connect until it is restarted To solve this problem I decided to try make (wired share to connection routers internet two wireless) to Connecting the Netgear my primary router and connect the PC to that via Ethernet for its superior speeds then connect that routers LAN to the tplinks wan port to share the internet connection wirelessly for its superior wireless capability The problem is the internet connection is not being shared I do no know much about networking but I set the routers to different static addresses within the subnet and turned off DCHP on the tplink router ANY help or different solutions would be welcome P S I find it odd that the TP link has slower Ethernet speeds being a newer modem router then the Connecting two routers to share internet connection (wired to wireless) netgear maybe its a Connecting two routers to share internet connection (wired to wireless) configuration issue because the line speed reads pretty high but the actual speed is no where near nbsp

A:Connecting two routers to share internet connection (wired to wireless)

I find it odd that the TP link has slower Ethernet speedsClick to expand...

My suspicion is a defective router.

When you daisy-chain routers the way you describe the Dhcp server of the second one must be enabled and almost always the routers need to be using different LAN subnets. Since you did not state any desire to protect the wireless devices from the ethernet connected ones I suggest putting everything on one LAN ...

JohnWill's procedure (Aug. 30, 2008) for configuring a secondary router as a switch and, optionally, wireless access point follows.

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together.

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. [You will not need a cross-over cable if one of the "routers" is a computer.] Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-two-routers-to-share-internet-connection-wired-to-wireless.1109116/
Relevancy 64.5%

First, thank you for reading.

I have a NetGear router with a wireless network. I also have a PC and NAS plugged directly to the router. The wired and wireless are on the same subnet. No matter what I do, I cannot get the wireless laptop to be able to ping the wired PC or ping the wired NAS. If I wire the laptop to the router, everything works fine.

I'm convinced there's a firewall on the router preventing access, but for the life of me, I can't find the setting to allow traffic between the wireless and wired network.

Any ideas or thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 64.07%

Hi all sorry for the caps abouve but need to get this sorted asap ok im going to explain the problem and it is a rly strange one as ive tried everything i know of to try and fix it and have got to my wits end trying so im asking for help here ok i have computers in Problem Need Help Internet/networking Urgently With my house Main Computer My Computer upstairs Urgently Need Help With Internet/networking Problem Laptop A Laptop B Ok Main computer is connected to a US Robotics Wireless Router Model Then the other computers are conected via wireless There is no problem with the wireless or the Internet But the only computer that has access to ALL the internet is Laptop B the one im on atm typing this when i say ALL internet i mean ALL websites Online Games MSN etc All the others can access pages like Google Google Videos which requires internet to download and buffer videos so this proves that it is NOT a internet conneciton problem and other random sites such as www gameplay com www purepwnage com www dvd co uk BUT NOT sites like ebay amazon worldofwarcraft com and others So this proves as i said there isnt a problem with the acutal internet or is it the only computer that has FULL access is this laptop FULL meaning can get onto world of warcraft counterstrike msn etc BUT the others cant S its a really werid problem as yesterday it was all working fine as anything but today all the computers apart from this one have lost connectivity to certain sites and the abilty to get onto games msn BUT CAN still get onto google video and buffer videos which requires internet So my question is ANY IDEAS ON WHAT IS GOING ON all computers are windows XP HOME and have all worked on the network internet for ages - years without any problems so its so weird ask any questions if u have them and please HELP ME p nbsp

A:Urgently Need Help With Internet/networking Problem

"can't" means what? Can you ping the sites in question? How about using a better (alternative) browser?

All the sites you cannot access are all using HTTPS maybe?

Could it be that these three machines have been infected with some malware (spreading over your LAN )?

Are you sure you or someone else hasn't been playing around with the router settings? You did change the default password, right?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/urgently-need-help-with-internet-networking-problem.57885/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello I am new to this forum I need some help configuring a network for a future hotspot plan Pardon my verbose as my exact situation needs a lot of description and some explanation Internet W 4G hotspot network mode to Help second serving Internet wired with Solved: I plan to get a Samsung SCH-LC via USCellular for Internet service for both my daily on-site use of my computer and at home for gaming etc Presently we have Wildblue ViaSat satellite Solved: Help with 4G hotspot Internet serving to wired network W second Internet mode Internet connected to a D-Link DGL- Gigabit Ethernet LAN modem Unfortunately satellite Internet has a lot of quot lag quot ping time near ms so it can not be used for multiplayer gaming and there is always a second or more delay when we click on stuff in web browsers Some particular web sites take an excruciating amount of time to load a page especially https and all those sites that require access to multiple sites in order to load and it is getting worse as the pages get more complicated Whats more when I upload things to my company website that I administrate myself it is also excruciatingly slow as our upload speed is much less than download We have a plan that allows for GB mo download and we currently are at used Big files download pretty fast getting almost KB sec but uploads are lt KB sec The US Cellular hotspot offers and GB mo download limits and is the max affordable for me overages are nearly the same price GB anyway It uses the Samsung SCH-LC unit I have network printers a Tivo continuously wired computers one Asus Zenbook W wi-fi that I hook up to the Ethernet when home a NAS for company data backup NOT a Windows Home Server and one quot tablet that currently uses a D-Link DIR- router g n u hooked up to the LAN Ethernet too And of course the satellite Internet modem All these run through the D-Link DGL- and a couple of multi-port dumb switches The question is can I hook up the Samsung SCH-LC behind an Ethernet firewall router my D-Link DGL- along W the Satellite modem so both will supply the Internet connection one at a time I have no problem with turning one or the other off so that only one will supply Internet The thing is I am not sure how to set up a wi-fi receiver behind the D-Link DGL- firewall to supply the entire LAN The D-Link DIR- router is set up to serve as an Internet connection for wilreless not to receive one via wireless to serve the LAN I am not adverse to setting up one computer as an Internet server for it perhaps adding a network card for a second Ethernet port but I just don t know if that s the best plan The topology would change when I didn t have the Samsung hotspot meaning at that point the system would have to get the Internet from the satellite modem If I set up one of my computers to do that then said couputer would have to have the Internet connections manually changed in order to get the Internet from the modem PITA What s more I would have to leave said computer on to get the US Cellular hotspot Eventually I want to cancel the satellite Internet altogether I have mos left on my contract and it will cost the same if I cancel right now and what s more I am unsure if the US Cellular hotspot reception will be good enough in my exact location I am out in the boondocks but the coverage map shows my spot to be quot very good quot with quot good quot just a couple hundred yards away We have problems W trees and the wet leaves and snow in the wintertime as evident by the TV signal reception problems we cannot get cable so I need to test the reception - for many months - before relying on the US Cellular hotspot permanently I use this for my business so reliability is crucial Here is a link to the US Cellular device page http www uscellular com mobile-hotspots index html nbsp

A:Solved: Help with 4G hotspot Internet serving to wired network W second Internet mode

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-with-4g-hotspot-internet-serving-to-wired-network-w-second-internet-mode.1073971/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello All,

I have a link sys router and cable modem, two separate units. I have 3 PCs plugged into the Ethernet ports. One PC says it is connected to the network but there is no Internet Gateway. The other PCs do have this. How do I get the thrid PC to be able to access the internet?

Thanks in advance

RDGM

Relevancy 61.92%

I have been through every forum I can find trying to get this one last machine of mine on the web I can see all the network machines no - but Static Internet Network IP Wired, shared folders etc but can not get on the net It is an XP pro SP It has a wired connection to the same switch the other computers that work are wired to It has a static IP address with the same gateway and DNS as the other machines It also has a good IP address that is not being used by anyone else on the network HELP I m tearing my eyes out with a small salad fork ip sub gateway the DHCP router connected to the switch DNS When I go and loook at the properties of the connection it shows Network but no Internet - Wired, Static IP packets being sent and received but still no internet I can not Ping anything but itself I know it s something small but I am in utter confusion and dismay I have tried the quot netsh winsock reset quot trick I have tried the WinsockxpFix download and even tried a different NIC but to no avail Help I will be dead from confusion soon nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

Hi all, thought this is the best place to ask...

Is there a way to plug my computer into my LAN and have access to my home network but avoid using its internet access altogether? So that I can use a separate wireless network for internet?

A:Wireless Internet, Wired Network...

Quote: Originally Posted by dragotron

Hi all, thought this is the best place to ask...

Is there a way to plug my computer into my LAN and have access to my home network but avoid using its internet access altogether? So that I can use a separate wireless network for internet?

You could consider a "Virtual Private Network"?

Cheers!
Robert

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/43585-wireless-internet-wired-network.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hey guys,
All wireless machines can get wireless internet access, but I cannot get the network functional for file or printer sharing. Here is how it is connected.

DSL modem ---to---Linsys WRT54GS router ---to desktop with windows 2000 (by ethernet cable).

All other machines in the house are wireless and can get full internet access no problem. However, I cannot get them networked to be able to see each other and share files, and I would like to share the printer as well. The other devices are running XP.

Any help or direction you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

wardriod.

A:wireless/wired - internet yes, network no go.

This should help you out or start you in the right direction: http://www.homenethelp.com/web/howto/net-update.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-wired-internet-yes-network-no-go.582653/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi I use two computers one with the Internet connection and the other computer connects to this computer to get its Internet connection as well The connection has been working for a couple of days and now its just messed up and the SP2) on (XP Internet wired won't work network second computer can t get its Internet access though it can connect Internet on wired network won't work (XP SP2) to the network I also don t understand why there is a lease obtained and lease expires part as well Thanks for your help -------------------------------------------------------------------------- this is the settings for the computer with the internet connection -------------------------------------------------------------------------- Windows IP Configuration Host Name k-slue d yebd Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled Yes WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description SiS -Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter Physical Address - - F- -E - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway PPP adapter UK Online Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description WAN PPP SLIP Interface Physical Address - - - - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled ---------------------------------------------------------------- this is for the computer without the internet connection ---------------------------------------------------------------- Windows IP Configuration Host Name r-u dvfevpcg b Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List mshome net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix mshome net Description Marvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - - F- -F - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained February Lease Expires February nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

Win 7 Ultimate 64bit, dual ssd's (120g) in raid. Connected to router, router connected to modem.
When I put curser on network icon it says "no connections available" I checked for drivers and they are fine. Both device (onboard) and drivers are fine. I removed and re-installed drivers, but same. i can connect to internet and surf fine, but some programs i have will not launch simply because i believe it detects first if i am on network or not and since windows cant detect network, these programs wont launch. I have already flashed the bios, re-installed chipset and changed net cable. I also bypassed the router straight to moden. When i try to run win network troubleshooter, it says the same "no network to troubleshoot".
Dont know wat else, any thoughts?

A:Win 7 cannot detect wired network on pc, but internet can be used

Quote: Originally Posted by cornerblue

Win 7 Ultimate 64bit, dual ssd's (120g) in raid. Connected to router, router connected to modem.
When I put curser on network icon it says "no connections available" I checked for drivers and they are fine. Both device (onboard) and drivers are fine. I removed and re-installed drivers, but same. i can connect to internet and surf fine, but some programs i have will not launch simply because i believe it detects first if i am on network or not and since windows cant detect network, these programs wont launch. I have already flashed the bios, re-installed chipset and changed net cable. I also bypassed the router straight to moden. When i try to run win network troubleshooter, it says the same "no network to troubleshoot".
Dont know wat else, any thoughts?

If you can post a screen shot of the ipconfig/all from this machine it would be most helpful.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/255452-win-7-cannot-detect-wired-network-pc-but-internet-can-used.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello So I am working over seas in china for the year I was able to connect to the internet through an ethernet cable for the last few weeks When I first connected I internet...please wired no have Connected but I a to help network was connected to quot Network quot and everything was fine Now however whenever I plug in my ethernet cord I am only able to connect to quot Network quot When I connected to quot Network quot I do not have internet connection It says quot No Network Access quot I ran into this problem a few weeks Connected to a wired network but I have no internet...please help ago and was only able to fix it by doing a factory reset on my computer I really don t want to keep having to do this every Connected to a wired network but I have no internet...please help weeks Does anyone know what is going on I have uninstalled my anti virus and I don t think a firewall is blocking my connection I have tried connecting my ethernet cable in different locations and I get the same result I have a RealTek PCIe Family Controller LAC In my adapter settings menu this is labeled as quot Local Area Connection quot For some reason I also have a quot Local Area Connection quot This is a Intel reg Centrino reg WiMAX Should I have two LACs If you need any more info please let me know Thanks a bunch

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/419561/connected-to-a-wired-network-but-i-have-no-internetplease-help/
Relevancy 61.06%

I have a really strange situation today that started after I had to reboot our UTM device and then switch We have a wired network although our modem router is also wireless if needed We don t use the wireless normally After rebooting the UTM and Switch all computers were turned back on again one by one of the were up and running and on the network and internet straight away One PC connected to the LAN but cannot get internet access Our DHCP server is on the UTM Internet (Win7) Network Wired Computer no has on One device and each computer has it s IP address reserved This computer had reserved and it still has that IP address when I do ipconfig It can access all the files on our NAS and all the printers on the network I ran all the ipconfig commands to One Computer on Wired Network has no Internet (Win7) release renew One Computer on Wired Network has no Internet (Win7) flushdns I reset winsock and rebooted Still no internet I did a print screen off one of the PCs that is working properly and compared it Apart from the MAC address and other PC specific items I could see no difference So I put a wireless dongle on it to see if it would connect the the internet on wireless It worked I had internet but no LAN other than to the wireless router So I thought there must be a problem with the NIC I went to the local PC store and bought a new NIC card and installed it I disabled the old one and connected the network cable to the new one No difference If I enable the NIC card I have LAN but no internet if I enable the wireless dongle I have internet but no LAN I need both I cannot figure out what has changed on this ONE PC that was working fine until today Oh one other thing I tried that didn t work I connected a brand new Ethernet cable directly from the modem router to the PC So this bypassed the UTM device and Switch Still no wired internet nbsp

A:One Computer on Wired Network has no Internet (Win7)

Try these

ping 8.8.8.8
nslookup google.com
ping techspot.com
(1) shows packets going to google's dns
(2) shows you can convert name to ip address
(3) shows access to our site

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/one-computer-on-wired-network-has-no-internet-win7.193364/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi all network connect Internet while local(wired) on to Can't I have a laptop on which the OS installed is Windows XP This laptop is in a local network wired network and Can't connect to local(wired) network while on Internet is also in a wireless network and we Can't connect to local(wired) network while on Internet access Internet with the wirelesss network The problem is that when I access Internet I can t connect to the local network i e when I ping a machine Can't connect to local(wired) network while on Internet which is in the local network the ping does not succeed How can I do to be able to access to local network while surfing on Internet I provide the following details about the local network and the wireless network The machines on the local network are connected by switches and there is a Windows Server window controller on this network My laptop is configured to obtain its Ip adress on the local network by DHCP My laptop is also configured to obtain its Ip adress on the wireless network there is a wireless router by DHCP I can access Internet only by wireless network I can not access it by local network Thanks Thanks you in advance for your answers nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-local-wired-network-while-on-internet.903237/
Relevancy 61.06%

I'm using a pc with a wireless adapter to surf on a friends wireless network. I have 2 pc at home, connected the a wired network, sharing files. Is it possible to share the wireless internet with the pc thats connected through a ethernet router to the wireless pc? I would like to do this until I get a wireless adpter for the other pc.

Relevancy 60.63%

Hi all,

So I have two internet connections.

The wireless is one I share with my roommates and is fast. The wired NIC connects to a router which has slower internet. The reason I connect to the wired router is so my PC can talk to a linux machine, which I use for some data downloading/analysis.

I want to disable internet from the wired connection but keep the ability to talk to other machines on the wired network. I just changed the IPv4 settings and deleted the DNS server information. Is this the best way to do so? I want the wireless to provide internet.

Thanks!

A:Disable internet on wired connection but still see network computers

As long as both your wireless and ethernet adapters remain enabled, that seems like a fine solution. So does it work?

Cheers,

Walker
Windows Outreach Team

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/91805-disable-internet-wired-connection-but-still-see-network-computers.html
Relevancy 60.63%

OBJECTIVE:
Currently running a wireless network but I have 2 desktops downstairs that need WIRED internet. I don't want to have to buy 2 wireless cards to connect both machines to the internet AND network (I also need to transfer larger files since we work with heavy graphics).

SETUP:
Both have Gb network cards installed.
- One is a server, running on windows 2003 server
- The other is a regular desktop running win xp pro sp2
I was thinking of purchasing a wireless access point router or bridge that has about 4 ports (in case I add 2 more machines). Would be great too if I can use this same system to upgrade our bluray player =)

Currently, the cable modem is attached to a belkin wireless pre-n router [F5D8230-4] here's link: http://is.gd/mleI

Can someone help?

Relevancy 60.63%

I was wondering if it's possible to connect to the internet with an iPod Touch wirelessly using a wired network. I was thinking that maybe you could plug something into the usb slot on the pc and then it could send out signals so my iPod touch could connect to the internet wirelessly. Is this possible?

Relevancy 60.63%

Hi Everyone Im haveing some serious issues with trying to connect my laptop to the internet Im hopeing someone would be abe to find a solution for me below is provided my ipconfig what it said when i tried ipconfig renew and when i pinged the ip address if you need me to post more information im more than happy to I bought a brand new Asus model laptop last month and have been using it perfectly with no interent issuesd at all until about a week ago when all of a sudden it stopped working when I try to connect to a network It says connected and internet access but whenever i try and access the internet through all three browsers i have through steam utorrent even mulitplayer games it just doesnt work Whether its connected wirlessly or directly with the ethernet cable ive tried my home internet neighbours universitys but they all network and wireless No both wired through laptop access to any Internet connect fine just no internet Can someone please be able to help me out also i tried the No Internet access through both wired and wireless to any network laptop winsock fix and also tried rolling back my last wireless update or whatever its called with no fix to the problem PLEASE HELP ME btw it says when im connected connected internet access which is really weird also bluetooth works fine i can connect my wireless headset and listen to music through it Also I just booted and ran Ubuntu off my USB to see No Internet access through both wired and wireless to any network laptop if its a hardware error and Ubuntu ran the internet fine was able to browse the web and everything through ubuntu so its clearly a windows problem When I performed ipconfig Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Dario gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe c c d b e IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap C C E E -DC - -B D-D C A FFF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap C - E- -B EC- E B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap F EF C- E- CC- EE-E B BAADEE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap D DCC - - D -BB -C CF FB C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix C Users Dario gt When I performed ipconfig renew Windows IP Configuration No operation can be performed on Wireless Network Connection while it has its media disconnected No operation can be performed on Bluetooth Network Connection while it has its media disconnected No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media disconnected Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe c c d b e IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap C C E E -DC - -B D-D C A FFF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap C - E- -B EC- E B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel ad... Read more

A:No Internet access through both wired and wireless to any network laptop

Hi, can u try using IP fix!!! if doesn't working try to disable your firewall.

and restart your computer!!! if still not working that's mean something wrong with your OS!!!

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-internet-access-through-both-wired-and-wireless-to-any-network-laptop.165147/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi No Unidentified Network; LAN/Wired Connection Area Internet - Local Guys I have been experiencing this issue since days ago year on and was having no problems I am currently using a LAN/Wired Local Area Connection - Unidentified Network; No Internet Dell Studio XPS Windows -bit I am able to connect to the internet via wifi however to no avail with my LAN connection I have tried the basic stuff like changing LAN cables testing connection with other Windows Vista XP laptops and they worked except for mine I have tried methods posted online such as the netsh winsock reset disabling IPv setting static IP for IPv etc However none has worked for me Below is my ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Christopher Koh gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name ChristopherKoh Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List nus edu sg mshome net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix nus edu sg Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - - -F -C - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ed ea c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday September AM Lease Expires Friday September AM Default Gateway fe d c cf f d fe b c b e bf fe e d aa DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -A - F- E- - - -F -C - DNS Servers Primary WINS Server Secondary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix nus edu sg Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -FB- B- -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a b be f a e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday September AM Lease Expires Friday September AM Default Gateway fe e af bf a a fe d a c eafd fe b a c b db fe a d d d b fe d ef ef da c DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -A - F- E- - - -F -C - DNS Servers fe a c cfe a Primary WINS Server Secondary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Connection-specific DNS Suffix Search List mshome net Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e f a b bfa Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe f a b bfa Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap nus edu sg Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix nus edu sg Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Can anyone help me

A:LAN/Wired Local Area Connection - Unidentified Network; No Internet

You should automatically obtain your ip address, dns, and gateway, unless directed otherwise by your isp.
Did you "power down/power up" your cable modem and wireless router?
Check to make sure you have the latest driver for your network card.
Can you ping an ip address? Can you ping the router? Can you connect to the router?
Do you have to contend with a firewall from the National University of Singapore?
Researching more. Let me know about this...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/113193-lan-wired-local-area-connection-unidentified-network-no-internet.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I need help from a person knowledgeable in setting up a Wired Home-Network system I have a Laptop amp Desktop they have Windows XP Home and Windows XP pro operating systems respectively They both have the windows Office program An HP All-on-one printer I wish to share the printer and files between the two computers Verizon DSL is my ISP I have Venison s Westell Versa Link model W modem and have bought a Linksys model BEFSX ver Router I have spent over hours off amp on trying to get the network going to no avail I have on-line with Linksys support for over hour and Network Wired Problem they are unable to help The biggest problem seems to me is that the Modem will never Wired Network Problem recognize the router I ve tried everything I m beginning to think that the modem and router are not compatible but no one seems to know Do I have the wrong equipment My computers both connect to the Internet via Venison s modem no problem at all What equipment do I need to accomplish my objective nbsp

A:Wired Network Problem

Hold on a second, according to Westell, the modem is not just a modem, its also a 4 port router with firewall! That might explain your difficulties. You need to put the Linksys aside, and use the Westell as both the modem and router. There is a port for the DSL Line connection-----and there are 4 Ethernet Ports, a Wireless Antenna conector.

Once you are configured, then you need to follow directions on how to share folders and a printer. It has been discussed many times on this forum . There is one right below your post on this forum.

This might be of use for any questions you have on the Westell.
http://www.westell.com/content/sales/327W.pdf

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wired-network-problem.416432/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi I hope somebody can help me with this Recently today I changed from Wireless to Wired connection Everything was working fine until I was installing drivers on my brother s computer I thought that maybe there was some management software for the card Intel Pro VE I mistakenly went to the Intel site for the drivers and software instead of the Dell site I have a Dell Dimension I installed the drivers and now it says that it is connected but when I try to access the internet it doesn t work I have tried using system restore driver rollback new drivers different settings etc but none work except for when I removed and reinstalled Network problem Wired the network component in Add Remove Programs and then restarted After that my PC showed that skype was connected I tried Messenger Google Talk and IE but they don t connect at all After about mins though Skype was offline and didn t come back online So can anybody suggest something I m thinking maybe something to do with the TCP IP or maybe i m completely off track nbsp

A:Wired Network problem

What does your device manager show in the Ethernet Adapter section? In your local area connections is the only one listed the Ethernet adapter you have? If there are more you may want to disable all the others until you have it working. What is the IPCONFIG /ALL of this PC that isn't working does the Ip scheme match what the routers IP is?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wired-network-problem.438015/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a ethiernet cable that I can connect to my pc and get internet, when I connect that same cable to the wirless router, I can't get internet, what am I doing wrong. The PC I am using connect to other wireless routers on the same network, but this ethiernet cable only work on pc when put in direct

Relevancy 59.77%

Good day everyone i hope you guys can understand my english anyways i am experiencing a problem with my laptop which is samsung u a i am disconnecting to the internet if i am using a wired Wired network problem network but i dont have any problem when it comes to wireless when i tried to troubleshoot it i got Wired network problem these message quot Invalid IP configuration quot but i set it to automatic obtain and quot Cannot found default gateway quot i do the ipconfig all and these is the result Windows IP Configuration Host Name Ram-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address -A -DE-E - - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom n Network Adapter Physical Address - - A- -B - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe Wired network problem GBE Family Controller Physical Address E - - A- - Wired network problem - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe af b e f bd Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday February PM Lease Expires Friday February PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -DD-DB-D -E - - - - - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d c b f fe Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe b f fe Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled PLEASE HELP ME

A:Wired network problem

Hi and welcome to the forums

If you can't connect to a network, there might be a problem with your network adapter. You can try using the Network Adapter troubleshooter to automatically find and fix some common problems.

Open the Network Adapter troubleshooter by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting. Click View all, and then click Network Adapter.

Here are some common reasons for network adapter problems, and related solutions:

The network adapter is disabled.

To enable the adapter:

Open Network Connections by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type adapter, and then, under Network and Sharing Center, click View network connections.

Right-click the network adapter icon, and then click Enable. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

The network adapter needs to be reset.

To reset the adapter:

Open Network Connections by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type adapter, and then, under Network and Sharing Center, click View network connections.

Right-click the network adapter icon, and then click Disable. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Right-click the adapter icon again, and then click Enable. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

The adapter is now reset. Try connecting to the network again, or run the Network troubleshooter to verify that your network adapter is now working correctly.

Open the Network troubleshooter by right-clicking the network icon in the notification area, and then clicking Troubleshoot problems.

The network adapter driver is missing, isn't working, or is out of date.

You must be logged on as an administrator to perform these steps.

If you reset your network adapter and you still can't connect to a network, you might need to update the adapter driver. (Updating the driver can solve the problem of missing or failed drivers, as well as outdated ones.) To update your network adapter driver, follow these steps:

Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then, under System, clicking Device Manager.? If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Double-click Network Adapters, right-click your adapter, and then click Properties.

Click the Driver tab, and then click Update Driver.

If Windows can't find the driver on your computer and you don't have a connection to the Internet, you might need to contact the network adapter manufacturer or your computer manufacturer to get the driver. Check the information that came with your network adapter or your computer to see if you have a disc that contains the drivers.

Once you've updated the driver, try connecting to the network again, or run the Network troubleshooter to verify that the adapter is updated.

Open the Network troubleshooter by right-clicking the network icon in the notification area, and then clicking Troubleshoot problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/278514-wired-network-problem.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi guys,

I recently bought a DLink 905DX from ebay. It came with a power cable (nothing else.)

I'm having trouble getting it all to work.

My setup is like:

NTL modem -> hub (dlink 905DX) > pc1 + pc2

(using straight ethernet cables).

The internet simply does not work (I have yet not tried file sharing but from what I can see thats not going to work either).

I've tried resetting ip address, tried restarting modem + hub but all have failed.

Please advise.

Relevancy 59.34%

Hi there I would really appreciate any suggestions for this I unable internet same wireless get network at help, a working Please wired time to and Solved: have searched the internet high and low for a solution I am running Windows xp pro I work as a video editor and where I work we have a wired network sharing video between the different computers at gbps This is on a static IP I also want to use the internet while I am working by connecting to our wireless internet with a wireless adapter via DHCP My problem is if the video network is running my wireless internet constantly goes down every minutes I have found an interesting way to get it to work again is to switch http and http through proxy connections on and Solved: Please help, unable to get a wired network and wireless internet working at same time off until it comes back But after a year of doing this every minutes I AM GETTING REALLY TIRED OF IT Is there any way for me to get these networks working happily at the same time I have read about setting up static ip and dhcp at the same time but when I type in ipconfig all my settings say I am already seem to be running a static ip and dhcp with the wireless wouter Or maybe the sheer volume of the video network will always squeeze out the internet while it is running I am reasonably intelligent and computer literate but no expert any help would be greatly appreciated many thanks Here is my ipconfig all Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings avidcapture gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Capture Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO MT Network Connect ion Physical Address - - -AE- - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address fe ff feae Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff Primary WINS Server Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description ASUS USB Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - -F - - -CC Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address fe f ff fe cc Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff Lease Obtained March Lease Expires March Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe f Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address A- - - A Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe efe Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address C -A - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe efe Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Documents and Settings avidcapture gt nbsp

A:Solved: Please help, unable to get a wired network and wireless internet working at same time

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-please-help-unable-to-get-a-wired-network-and-wireless-internet-working-at-same-time.691805/
Relevancy 58.91%

Good Afternoon I am running a home network and the computer in question is Win Wired Connection Network Problem - bit Dell desktop connected to the netword via CAT- cable Other wireless computers reside on the network too For the past several days it has been dropping its connection to the Internet sometimes spontaneously and always on reboot When I go to the Network amp Settings page after the connection drop I see attached two Wired Network Connection Problem networks My network Wired Network Connection Problem and a public network so quot multiple networks quot appears on the network map To regain my connection to the Internet I have to go to quot Adapter Settings quot disable the LAN connection and then re-enable it That gets me back to the Internet but doing this several times a day is no fun I tried drect connecting my cable modem to the computer avoiding the router and all that appeared was a Public Network I could not seem to connect to Can anyone offer some insights as to what is going on with my computer and how I can resolve it The only changes to the system in the past week were the MS updates installed automatically Help is appreciated Thanks Doug

A:Wired Network Connection Problem

Hi DougR,

Try to do a Power Cycle.
How to Power Cycle (Restart) your Internet Modem & Router

I'd highly recommend a firmware update of your router if you have not done it yet. You may obtain/download from the manufacturer's site. To install the new firmware, use a wired connection.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/131634-wired-network-connection-problem.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Alright, so ill just get straight to the point. I recently changed from windows vista to A distro of linux called Ubuntu 8.04... i thought i would love it, and it was great but i decided to go back to xp, So about 1hr ago I installed Windows Xp Pro and it all went smoothley. but then when i went to access the internet, it didnt work, and i tried what i know and couldnt fix it, when i connect it to my modem it recognizes that its plugged in(the modem does) and my computer also says tis connected to the modem status is connected, mbps is shown and etc, but i go on the internet and it doesnt work, so if anyone can help or needs questions in order to help plz do ask..

My computer is a Hp Pavillion dv6000 Intel centrino duo

Relevancy 58.91%

I am setting up a home network I have two computers With Network Printer Wired Problem in the same room They are wired I use Verizon DSL My modem is Westell and the router is Linksys The computer that is connected to my printer is a Compaq Presario and has Windows XP SP The Printer is an HP PSC The Printer and Presario is four years old The other computer that I am hooking to my net work is a Acer Wired Network Problem With Printer Aspire It is less than a year old It has Windows Vista They both con- nect good to the internet I can t get the Acer to work with the printer Are all Printer able to work on a network I have tried a lot of thing trying to get the printer going so far no luck One question the Add Printer Wizard ask is Enter the printer server and printer queue name Where Wired Network Problem With Printer do you get this info to do the configuration Thank You nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

Dear all,

i had this issue while configuring the wired network in my laptop:
no way to add IPv4 Alternate config.

The network card is configured with "auto dhcp", i fill up parameters
for my lan network in alternate configuration , save ok it,
nothing saved, when i re-open the dialog all boxes are blanked.
Rebooted and tried several times with no luck, any clue abuot this ?
Maybe relevant : vmware player is/(was, tried uninstalling it) installed in the laptop,

thanks, Roy.

A:Windows 8 pro: odd wired network problem

Are you able to provide a screenshot of where you are entering your IPv4 address stack? Also how are you verifying the address? Please follow this tutorial and upload your ipconfig /all - Network Posting Tips

This can help us determine your problem as well as show you if your static address has been applied

Many Thanks,
Josh!

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/27921-windows-8-pro-odd-wired-network-problem.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello everyone,

I have a wired home network with 3 desktop computers. When one user is playing an on-line game and another user on a different comp tries to join SAME game, it will either boot off the first user or not allow second user to connect. Specs:

Network Cable Router;
Linksys Model NR041 4 port
Second users comp;
P4 2.4B
PC-Chips M960GV MoBo
MSI gForce 6600 128 Vid Card
1.5 Meg Ram
80 Gig hard drive
Specs for Computer user #1 is attached with my sig when I post this request for assistance.

Relevancy 58.91%

I have a cable modem>dlink wired router>GigaFast Ethernet ez800-s switch.I have 6 pc's connected. Surfing the net is all it is used for. Randomly when the pc's are turned on, one will say limited or no connectivity.Refreshing the IP does nothing. Turning off PC and and Modem>Router>switch and turning back on, connection works, but another pc on the system will not connect. I've tried a new router and a new switch to no avail. It all worked fine for 2 years untill 3 months ago. I can't figure out what happened since. Any replies will be greatly appreciated.

A:Wired router network problem

Have you tried using fixed IP addresses for each of the PC's ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wired-router-network-problem.58318/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello all I have read multiple threads on this board in the process of trying to fix this problem and none have been able to resolve it Here wired network Frustrating problem is my issue and all the details Wireless works no problem on this laptop but for some reason wired doesn t this Frustrating wired network problem is my girlfriend s new laptop Here are the things I have checked and know to be working The cable is fine I have tried it on previous computers The router is fine I have swapped ports and every port works with my desktop computer but not with this laptop There are no known problems with the ethernet device according to the device manager the drivers are up to date it is enabled and still wont work when i disable wireless all together I have also tried uninstalling the card completely and reinstalling to no avail The lights on the ethernet port light up and flash as usual orange and green lights Windows troubleshooter doesn t help I m out of ideas on my end I have tried everything I can think of I don t believe the ethernet device is caput because just a few days ago my gf had no problem connecting to her parents network via cable Any help would be much appreciated The laptop is an Acer Aspire running Windows Professional -bit nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

Hello, i have a new ThinkPad L560.This ThinkPad runs with Windows 10 and the latest drivers/os updates are installed. I have now a little problem. 3 - 4 times a day the notebook lost the wired network connection. Has someone a solution?Greetings

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-L-R-and-SL-series/L560-network-wired-problem/td-p/3464791
Relevancy 58.91%

I am using a PC and a laptop I have them connected via a ethernet network cable The problem is I am unable to share my printer in the network I have internet on both PC and laptop I can see the host computer via the laptop and I can see the guest computer via the desktop My printer is hooked up and I can use it on wired PC to problem. Laptop Network the host computer but not the guest Actually the only thing I can share is the internet connection No files printers or anything else The printer is set to share on the host but when I search for it on the guest laptop it is unable to find it I know the cable functions because if I unplug it from the laptop I PC to Laptop wired Network problem. am no longer able to see the other computer and I go back to local access My network icon in my system tray says Currently connected to Network Access local and internet Both systems are running windows Vista Any suggestions on how to correct this issue nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

Hi I have a Dell Inspiron N with Windows I have been using Time problem fine. with Wired internet access works Internet WiFi. Solved: Warner Internet It worked fine until yesterday WiFi stopped working out of the blue When I tried wired connection works pretty well Solved: Internet access problem with WiFi. Wired internet works fine. I do not recall any significant changes to my computer while this happened So now I can connect to the wifi hotspot but it says quot No Internet Connection quot When I connect the LAN wire with the WiFi router internet works The moment I remove it it says No Internet Access although computer is connected to the hotspot and signal is very well The drivers are being shown as up to date in device manager I tried following instructions given here http www wikihow com Repair-Winsock-and-TCP IP This didn t work Problem persists I have been through some threads around here This is the ipconfig output C Users Depp gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Depp-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom Virtual Wireless Adapter Physical Address -F -A -C - C- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description DW Wireless-N WLAN Half-Mini Card Physical Address -F -A -C - C- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c c a e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained February Lease Expires Solved: Internet access problem with WiFi. Wired internet works fine. February Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - D- F-A -BA-DB-D - - E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter CableNet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address Solved: Internet access problem with WiFi. Wired internet works fine. A -BA-DB-D - - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f c d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained February Lease Expires February Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - D- F-A -BA-DB-D - - E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap A B EA- DDD- CED- D- F D D D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap CBBDDF -CCAB- EFF- C - F D D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D B-ACB - - A-EFCE E C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Depp gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Users Depp gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Depp gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Users Depp gt ping www google com Ping request could not find host www google com Please check ... Read more

A:Solved: Internet access problem with WiFi. Wired internet works fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-access-problem-with-wifi-wired-internet-works-fine.1088713/
Relevancy 58.48%

I am having Internet connectivity issues that only affect my computer and only affect it when I'm using a wired connection as opposed to a wireless connection I would just use the wireless except that it's too weak here at my house especially in the room affects Internet wireless not wired but connectivity problem, internet where I'm working and thus it's slow or doesn't work But now it's all I have unless I use another computer From my computer I can access the NAT router's settings page by entering into my browser and I can even reboot the router from it but I cannot access the Internet When I type into a cmd window tracert it works and even when I type in tracert my internet IP it works but typing tracert followed by any other IP fails saying Host Unreachable My point is that it's obviously not the network connection because otherwise Internet connectivity problem, affects wired internet but not wireless I wouldn't be able to access the router from my computer And it's definitely not the DNS or DHCP servers since I can verify that both are working But the icon in the system tray on my computer says quot No internet access quot You might think it's the router or the ISP but when I boot in safe mode the wired Internet connectivity is working and I can access the Internet normally Plus I tried power cycling both the router and the cable modem but that didn't have any Internet connectivity problem, affects wired internet but not wireless affect And like I said only this computer is affected I noticed the trouble began after I installed Nero and restarted my computer Before that I was able to access the Internet normally I need Nero because I'm burning CDs or else I would just uninstall it and see if that corrects the problem Besides I cannot think of any reason why Nero would be having that affect on my computer especially since it is working normally otherwise I have Windows Home Premium -bit and I am accessing the Internet behind a Linksys E Cisco NAT router My wired network adapter is a Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Drivers are up to date Thanks for your attention and let me know if any of you have any ideas on how to fix it I've tried everything that I can think of It's a bummer not having Internet on my computer since I need it for work

A:Internet connectivity problem, affects wired internet but not wireless

Try reinstalling the LAN driver for your mobo or see if there is an updated driver for it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/271951-internet-connectivity-problem-affects-wired-internet-but-not-wireless.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi,
I have a desktop PC that is wired into a wireless router. Also a laptop that has built in wireless. The desktop connects to the internet via an ethernet cable and of course the latop via the wireless. I have tried to set up a network for transferring files etc. Also for printing from the laptop. The printer is connected to the desktop.
Does the desktop have to be wireless to create a network for these possibilities?
I would prefer to keep it wired if possible for speed and security etc.
Any help would be great.

Relevancy 58.48%

For some time I ve been running a home network of PCs and a laptop using a wireless setup All PCs are running XP Pro The configuration was that one PC call it A was connected to the Internet via a USB Sagem ADSL modem and the others B amp C connected wirelessly via that PC I m now moving to a wired system using a NetGear router modem The router has attached to the Internet with no problem and both B and C machines work fine with it However machine A that I used to problem Adapter - Wired Network Wireless originally Wireless to Wired - Network Adapter problem with the modem won t connect So far I ve removed old modem software and disabled uninstalled the USB WAN adapter I ve checked the cable from the PC to the router and that s fine I ve reinstalled the ethernet driver The PC tells me that the ethernet port is fine and working The light on the router indicates the PC is connected They just don t seem to be talking to each other I performed a scan on the network and it shows that the network adapter status as FAILED - by virtue of both the Ethernet Wireless to Wired - Network Adapter problem connection and a quot Instant Wireless USB Adapter quot both coming up as FAILED It seems to be that both are failing in looking at - the default Internet IP address However I ve removed as far as I can see the wireless device and any software reference to it I m guessing that there s some kind of contention going on but I can t see any way of removing the quot Instant Wireless USB Adapter quot in order to test out this theory If anyone can throw any light on this I d be very grateful - it s been two days now Thanks Phil nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

Hello guys,
I'm new to this forum, but I've read your threads before, and it helped me alot.
Well this is the thing. I've installed this LAN card (TF-3239D) in PCI slot of this motherboard (ELITEGROUP 945GCT - M2/1333 v1.0A) and I have one persistent problem, it won't get IP adress from my router. Other PC is getting it without any problems.
Reason why I use PCI slot Ethernet adapter is because one on MB is not responding when i plug cable, but it's recognized by PC and installed as well.
Everything else is working on MB...
When I enter properties of Network connection i get this (it's on the photo i've attached)
Can you help me from step 1, including inserting card ... everything to tiniest idiotic thing, because I'm missing something. Thank you guys in advance !
Adnan

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/393511-tp-link-pci-wired-network-adapter-problem.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I have googled this problem for hours now with still no solution.

gigabyte p67-ud4-b3 motherboard
windows 7 home premium

it was 100% working until something crashed my system and it wouldnt boot up again blablabla. so i reset comos and everything was fine/back to normal, except that my internet wasn't working. there is no network adapter in device manager.

i've tried a system restore, completely re-installing windows 7 + all the drivers that i did before, downloading the lan driver from the gigabyte website for my motherboard, nothing has gotten it to work. i had trouble with this problem the 1st time i installed windows 7, but somehow it fixed its self after 1 re-install. but now no matter how many times i re install it won't work. i'm pretty sure its not a hardware problem because it WAS working b4...but i have no idea how to get it to work again.

any help would be muuuuch appreciated.

A:Network adapter/wired ethernet problem

Welcome silverflurri:

One thing that could be the problem is that when you reset the cmos, did you check the peripherals to see if the internal ethernet port is activated?? some can be turned off and that could be the default, although it would be wierd to do that. Just a thought.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/156156-network-adapter-wired-ethernet-problem.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Windows is refusing to connect to my network trouble shooting tells me quot Ethernet doesn t have a valid IP configuration quot I am using ASUS RT-N U wireless router I am plugged directly into the router I 10 Solved: network problem wired windows have tried Installing drivers IP config commands release and renew I get an error when I try to Solved: windows 10 wired network problem renew quot an error occurred while renewing interface ethernet unable to contact your DHCP server Request has timed out quot I ve tried deselecting IPV in the ethernet setting connecting the LAN directly to the modem provides the same problem I ve tried power cycling and resetting both my router and modem other pc s I have plugged in are connecting just fine a win box and a win laptop here s info from ipconfig all host name X primary Dns suffix node type hybrid IP routing Enabled no Wins Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Ethernet connection-specific DNS Solved: windows 10 wired network problem suffix Description Intel r Ethernet Connection -v Solved: windows 10 wired network problem Physical Address eo- f- -ae- - f DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled YUes Autoconfiguration IPv Address preferred subnet mask Default Gateway NetBios over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel A adapter isatap bunch of numbers amp letters MNedia state Media disconnected connection-specific DNS Suffix Descrption Microsoft ISATAP a Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes UPDATE I have no anti virus installed and have also tried turning off windows firewall nbsp

A:Solved: windows 10 wired network problem

I think I fixed it. After disabling then enabling the network, I turned off my pc, then turned it back on, and I am connected. Simply restarting did not do this. Quite strange, but all works.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-10-wired-network-problem.1153138/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello guys,
I am new here. I am in real need of help. My PC( windows 7 ) has only a wired Ethernet adapter which I connect to my modem. Today when I was using my PC my network went off and a yellow triangle exists in the LAN symbol in the notification bar. I have browsed many sites and forums. But nothing seems to fix the problem.
I have attached a picture of my ip confit as I have no other PC and am using my ipad to post this. I am new so every thing need to be explained. Sorry for my English and thanks in advance.
Thanks,
Bharat goel
P.S My net is fine as I'm using wifi from the same modem.

A:Windows 7 wired network problem (no access)

From the ipconfig it looks like Windows can see the router but isn't picking up a valid IP from it. The 169...IP is just what Windows does when it can't connect to the modem/router.

Have you tried resetting the modem yet? Sometimes just unplugging the modem for a few minutes then letting it boot back up will fix them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/328316-windows-7-wired-network-problem-no-access.html
Relevancy 58.05%

So i'm having an issue connecting my desktop to my home network for file sharing. My Desktop is connected to the internet like so: Desktop ->(Ethernet cable)-> Uverse 2wire router -> Internet.

I have no issues with my internet connection, and in fact I am posting this from my desktop now. Windows Network Diagnostics finds no issues when I run the trouble shooter. and when I try to connect to a home group it refers me to the network issue.

This issue has plagued me for about 6 months now. I have talked to Uverse tech support, and many of my friends who are into computers and have gotten no answers. Computer is running windows 7 SP1 and again the router is the Uverse 2wire router

How can I make my desktop available for network sharing?

Also here is a screenshot of the network map according to this computer

A:Network Sharing Problem. Connecting Desktop to home network

Have you set up a home network? What is the workgroup name? Are there any passwords of any kind? Have you set your shared settings on each PC in the workgroup?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/207840-network-sharing-problem-connecting-desktop-home-network.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi Sorry for the long post - just trying to explain properly Having trouble getting my home network to transfer files from one computer to another Home Wired Solved: Wireless Communicating Problem Network & network consists of Westell DSL Model from Verizon DLink Wireless Router Model DIR no security at the moment Dell XPS Desktop Windows XP Media Center Edition - SP Dell Inspiron Portable Windows XP Professional - SP HP G - CL Notebook PC Windows Home Edition I run Zone Alarm Pro and AVG with Windows Firewall turned OFF on all three computers My desktop is hard wired Solved: Wired & Wireless Network Problem Communicating to the router and the two portable computers connect to the network wirelessly Network name is quot dlink quot I want to share Drive D on the XPS amp both are shared for files and allow users to change on the network The setting is the same for the C Drive on the HP Notebook In quot Network Places quot I can see all computers and all drives on the network on all three computers I can only open the shared folder located on the HP Notebook with the two Dell Computers I cannot open any of the drive letters on any of the computers except for example Drive D will open on the XPS if I am using the XPS and I can open the Drive D on the if I am using the I get this error when trying to open any of the Shared Letter Drives Below is the SysInfo and ipconfig from each of the computers ------------------ This is my Dell XPS desktop Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc YU A CN BP BL Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Windows IP Configuration Host Name xps Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List myhome westell com Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix myhome westell com Description Broadcom NetXtreme xx Gigabit Controller Physical Address - E- F- B- - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Saturday March PM Lease Expires Sunday March PM ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is my Dell Inspiron Portable information Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI MOBILITY RADEON Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc W B R CN C Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Windows IP Configuration Host Name DELL Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List myhome westell com myhome westell com Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix myhome westell com Description Broadcom x Integrated Controller Physical Address - F- F- -BD- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained PM Lease Expires PM Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix myhome westell com Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-PCI Card Physical Address - - -A - - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained PM Lease Expires PM -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is the HP G Portable information Tech Support... Read more

Relevancy 58.05%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R one adding wireless Problem Solved: wired to network CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G Graphics Controller Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB H Total - MB Free - MB I Total - MB Free - MB J Total - MB Free - MB K Total - MB Free - MB L Total - MB Free - MB P Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Intel Corporation D GLVA Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled Hi - this is my first attempt at wireless and it s not going well Existing setup is Speedtouch ADSL router with output - gt small -port Solved: Problem adding wireless network to wired one ethernet hub - gt desktops and various temporary laptop connections The desktops and the router gateway have fixed IP addresses and the laptops just plug in and work - DHCP presumably This has worked for years along with powerline plugs for the laptops Now I want to add a wireless extension instead of the powerline The access point is a TP-LINK TL-WA ND All its lights are showing correctly I have plugged it into the hub with the idea of setting it up via this XP desktop Maybe this is my first mistake The quick-start guide said to connect it to the computer bring up the browser and type in the url Don t think that s a secret which I did but all I got was a blank screen - not so much as a not found So following their troubleshooting tips I went to the Networking Connections on the XP to add the address the instructions said to right-click Local Area Connection or Wireless Connection - sounds so simple - only there was no mention of wireless just LAN or high-speed Internet I tried the wizards - for adding things but there was no mention there of wireless either I pinged that address but it timed out End of narrative Conjectures follow I am running ZoneAlarm Free - a source of trouble in the past Maybe I should have plugged the AP directly into the PC Maybe I need a driver Here I must confess that I must have taken the paper Quick Start Guide out of the package to read it some time ago and it never went back and there may have been a CD as well don t remember I went on to the TP-LINK site and downloaded the manual and the guide but there was no mention of a CD in the guide Help please anyone Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

So im at a complete loss Very strange / problem network to connecting drives network. here I have a windows pro x computer that out of the blue stopped connecting to its network drives I tried a few things like flushing the dns re-registering new IP finally I decided to rejoin it to the domain big mistake The computer couldn't contact the domain controller even though all the info was correct I ended up doing a restore to the week prior updated the NIC drivers and everything seemed to be working The following day it happened again I tried the same few fixes and the solution this time was to uninstall all the hidden devices under the network adapter after a reboot Very strange problem connecting to network drives / network. I got into the drives just fine Now everytime the user shuts his computer down he gets this same problem My boss ran into the same problem on another machine the other day so Im hesitant to restore I would prefer a fix in case this shows up again The computer can get online and use our email through outlook but network resources are all gone The machine can also ping all of the servers but wont connect with xxx xxx xxx xxx IP or servername share even with credentials entered Ive looked all over with no success

A:Very strange problem connecting to network drives / network.

Welcome to Seven Forums,

If it's now happening to another computer, I'd unplug the router and switch(es) for 20 to 30 seconds. Also, check on your computer's Security or Firewall programs installed, make sure that they are up to date and not blocking the ports and network resources. You may try disabling the program(s) temporarily for debugging purpose.

An update will be nice.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/301265-very-strange-problem-connecting-network-drives-network.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hey guys I think I m having what seems like a pretty common problem on here I ll try to keep it brief I have a TOSHIBA laptop that has been connecting to my Netgear WGR V Wireless Adapter Connecting to internet. no network, for well over a year now with no problems Yesterday I connected a second DELL laptop to the same network which has been able to connect and access websites without any issues However since Connecting to network, no internet. then the original Toshiba is able to connect to my network with excellect service but cannot pull up any websites through IE Chrome or Firefox I ve done the basics IE rebooting power to the broadband modem and the router resetting the wireless switch on the laptop and even resetting the router back to defaults I m still unable to pull up any websites despite being connected to the network I ran ipconfig all and got the following Please let me know what I should try or if you need me to provide anything else Thanks in advance Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users xxxxxxx gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name xxxxxxx Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Cisco Systems VPN Adapter Physical Address - - A- C- - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dd e f a b f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Network Con nection Physical Address - -D - E- A- E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday November PM Lease Expires Tuesday November PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL Family PCI-E Fast Etherne t NIC NDIS Physical Address - -D - C- C-AE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E - - - - C FFFD br BF Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e ca f fef Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe ca f fef Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap chn comcast net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap CA ED- - A - D B- D br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap chn comcast net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E - - - - C FFFD br BF Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap CA ED- - A - D B- D br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes ... Read more

Relevancy 57.19%

I have 3 computers on my network one that can connect to the internet. The other 2 cant connect to the internet but when the "host" computer is connected the other 2 can use the connection. What i want is to be able to connect from any of the computers at any given time. All 3 computers have xp pro and my isp is people pc.

A:Connecting to internet over network

Welcome to Techspot !
You do not describe the hardware layout of your network, but it sounds like you need a router .The sharing server in a simple connection share network has to stay on.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connecting-to-internet-over-network.19996/
Relevancy 57.19%

about 7 pcs on the network all using Windows 7 32bit. Switch - Router all wired

They are all connected to the network fine but one of them gets cut off from the internet sometimes and starts back up randomly. I changed to different ports on the switch same issue I didnt have the time to fully check it but Im gonna go back tomorrow my best guess is that its the wire but any other possibilities that may cause this I would like to know before I go if at all possible.

A:PC on Network not connecting to internet

it could be a number of things - once you have isloated the cable - if NOT the cable then
do a few ping tests when connected and when disconnects and see if you still have a connection to the router or even the internet , maybe a dns issue

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

Start> Run {search bar in Vista/W7}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router the next two
Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet , one by name and one by number which checks that the dns is workingClick to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-on-network-not-connecting-to-internet.1048821/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have a friend s win xp computer that they desperately need for a expensive program on it that only runs in win xp I started out thinking it was a winsock internet connecting Network but no problem Network connecting but no internet in win xp but now it is narrowed down to something software is stopping the computer from connecting to the internet The lan adapter and wifi work fine they connect to the network but they do not go out to the internet I don t have a proxy running I did do a reset of the winsock no luck if I do a ping it wont get out to the server and fails I cant use any browser I tried and none work They all say page not displayed I did discover in safe mode I can connect to the internet I can ping google and get on back but At this point I am stuck I am not sure if anyone here in the malware forum can help but I am really hoping to get this computer connecting again without reinstalling windows xp Thank you in advance for your help nbsp

https://malwaretips.com/threads/network-connecting-but-no-internet.63783/
Relevancy 57.19%

can somebody HELP ME!

How would i connect to the internet using a 2003 server?

would this be OK

THE ROUTER CONNECTING TO THE SWITCH USING A CROSSOVER CABLE AND ALL THE PC (INCLUDING THE SERVER) CONNECTED TO THE SWITCH USING A STRAIGH THROUGH CABLE?

Question 2

In the above sanario what ROLE would the server play?
Please HELP ME

A:Connecting to the Internet Via a Network

What's the goal here?

If you want a server on the network that controls all the Internet access, that's one scenario.

If you simply want the server to have Internet access along with the other computers, that's a different scenario. Your suggested configuration works for this scenario.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-to-the-internet-via-a-network.903880/
Relevancy 57.19%

I am guessing this is the right place, earlier this PM the PC disconected from the internet and has been reconnecting and disconnecting since,
I have run through a few things i could think of including drivers (says they are up to date)
I have tried the cable in the laptop and the laptop stayed connected

Additional information its saying in the network infor that the network cable is unplugged (it wasent) so again i plugged it into the laptop and its working fins in fact its connected while i do this update
I dont know if this helps but the 2 lights you get where it`s plugged into the PC keep going off (i know one flashes anyway)

A:PC not connecting to internet or network

Micky a big stick for an AV is not a good idea so please run these at least
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Disk Check < if necessary include the /f and /r in the command line as per Option2
Run these in safe mode and the sfc often best run for two to three runs

if no fix then these

SUPERAntiSpyware | Remove Malware | Remove Spyware - AntiMalware, AntiSpyware, AntiAdware!
Malwarebytes | Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium
AdwCleaner Download
ADW download from bleeping computer delete any rubbish found with the malware scans
(NB If you are running Kaspersky as the main AV then it might need disabling it when trying ADW because it does not like it at times)

To go on have you checked the board joints where the Ethernet cable is attached as I cannot quite make out if you are using cable or wifi It could be what is known as dry joints (have become unsoldered) or bad caps -t ey look bloated or are leaking foul muck see pics - check the whole board where you can and please try and put some sort of SAV on the machine something is better than nothing. See this Free Windows Desktop Software Security List | Gizmo's Freeware < real time ones htough stay clear of AVG,MuckAfee, and Comodo (ok if you don't mind the nagging)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/399148-pc-not-connecting-internet-network.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I have an incredibly frustrating problem and I could really use some help I am a soldier currently stationed in Kabul Afghanistan and I live in a tent I have an Alfa AWUS NHR amp Alfa AWUS H which I use to pick up several networks within about yards from my tent I can regularly see about networks at about Signal Strength Link so I have absolutely no problem getting onto those networks The problem I have is that once I No Connecting HELP!!! Internet! to but Network(s) am on these networks I cannot get onto the Internet Some background info I am running Connecting to Network(s) but No Internet! HELP!!! a Dell XPS with Windows Fully up to date and I was able to get onto several of the networks with no issues up until the th In the afternoon of the th my laptop crashed Seized up no BSoD so I hard reset it When it came back up I could no longer get onto the Internet My initial assumption was that the network was down Router up and running but their link to the net was down DNS Server error etc I also thought that they might have blocked my MAC address for my Alfa so I went to the coffee place that has the network and could not get online with my internal NIC either I then went around the camp to several places and continued to have the same problem on every network I encountered I have no clue what is doing this I regularly scan and clean my computer with Advanced System Optimizer and its various tools One of the first things I tried was a system restore to an image from the th but that didn t fix it either All of my drivers are up to date and working as well Other stuff I tried I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Aflas and my NIC several times I have gone into the command prompt and tried to ipconfig release and ipconfig renew several dozen times and that isn t working either I am basically at a loss I don t know what else to do if I were home I would pull the HDD throw in a clean one and reinstall Windows to check the system from scratch but I really don t want to do that here I have about GB of Steam games installed and if I were to go back to the beginning I would lose all of that but I may go there if I have to I have done everything I can think of Safe Mode and checked everything defragged scanned for viruses checked and cleaned the registry optimized the RAM HELP The attached pic isn t from my computer Can t get online with it to upload one It is indicative of what I see when I try to get onto any network though nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

Hi, this problem has been bothering my family for a couple of days now and we can't seem to fix it. I need it done by friday so if anyone has MSN i'd be glad to talk with you so you can help me there:
Here is a crude drawing of how my internet connection is supposed to look (with the modem and routers) when i am connected properly:

that should work. but it doesnt. now, if I am connected like that it will connect to our network (called, linksys) but once it connects to the network it wont connect to the actual internet.

the way i am connected right now is like this:
directly to the modem. so there is no problem with my ISP or the actual modem itself.

please help me, we are getting a new computer for christmas and we want the internet to work when we unbox it. thanks

Relevancy 57.19%

I've had my Surface Pro for over a year now slow network, wired on WiFi? on Very saving not problem files and I have always had this problem When I connect to the wired network at work using the dock I have full internet access and can read files from my network drive however everything hangs when I try to save a file or create a new file This is the case in any software Word or other software In Word for example I get the 'Saving as ' dialog box with the green bar that appears and Very slow saving files on wired network, problem not on WiFi? stays for - minutes Eventually the file is sometimes saved It doesn't matter when it is a big file or a small file The same problem Very slow saving files on wired network, problem not on WiFi? occurs with the surface Pro dock the USB network adaptor and also an off-brand USB network adaptor I recently upgraded to Windows in the hope this problem would disappear but it remains If I connect to our work network via WiFi I have no such problems and can read and save files with no problem although much slower and only gives me limited access to the network - no printing for example All updates have been installed I've tried uninstalling the ethernet adaptor and reinstalling the latest version with no joy I have a Surface Pro i -bit processor GB RAM I've followed these instructions for a similar problem but also no joy Google Windows Surface Pro Docking Station Very slow saving files on wired network, problem not on WiFi? Network Problem SOLVED Can anyone help Any help gratefully received Patrick

A:Very slow saving files on wired network, problem not on WiFi?

could it be the cable? Or how the network detects your device?
Is wired internet fast for you?
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434925-very-slow-saving-files-wired-network-problem-not-wifi.html
Relevancy 57.19%

hello all i bought a laptop a toshiba satellite l - internet wired problem It has windows And im experiencing a problem with the wired internet Wireless works however sometimes even when it has good reception and connection to the internet i dont wired internet problem have acces to it for a short period of time just this laptop This happends frequently So i thought for gaming i could just plug in the internet cable that belongs in my desktop in my laptop When i do that it says that im connected to an unknown network And wired internet problem that im not allowed on the internet It asks for an username and a password when i try to connect through it But we dont have any of that On all desktops we can use wired internet and on the non-windows laptops we can use wired internet wired internet problem too We just plug it in and we have internet And I googled around trying to find solutions but I have not found anything that worked yet So help would greatly be appreciated as this is very very frustrating

A:wired internet problem

Hello curbo, Welcome to SevenForums.
Have you looked at this page and tried any of the wizards like setup new, or trouble shoot? Good luck to you!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/93264-wired-internet-problem.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a hp pavilion dv7. Its running windows vista it will connect to my wireless network but not the Internet. I have many other wireless devices that connect fine (xbox 360, 2 iPod touchs, and another laptop). It will connect fine at my in-laws and my buddy's house. I don't know if this means anything but I set up the network on the HP. It worked fine hooked up throu an Ethernet cord. I know it's not the modem or router. In my network center it will identify the network and show it's connected but in the manage wireless networks window it says it's connected to an unidentified network. The router is a belkin.

A:Hp pavilion connecting to network but not Internet

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool. Also show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.
Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavilion-connecting-to-network-but-not-internet.1048647/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have XP SP2, Avast Home Edition AV, COMODO Firewall and Lavasoft Lite.

My internet is connecting via the Linksys DSL router using the network card.

From last night onwards the PC stopped getting an IP address from the router, thus no internet. I tried the router no problem, and any other PC connecting the router is working fine.

I tried using dial-up to my ISP it connects but I can't browse.

I tried booting my PC using BART PE bootdisk and it connects to the router and works find.

So the problem is in my XP systems.

I tried complete scan (with the current definitions) using Avast, Stinger and Lavasoft.

Still the problem exists.

Please help me.

Relevancy 56.76%

Hi all I ve read several posts and am certain that this is a minor problem During startup yesterday my hp laptop model dv us burped I restarted and since have been unable to connect to the web It recognizes my home network which uses a Buffalo WHR-HP-G router I m currently using my wife s laptop which is communicating fine Here s some information I ve gotten so far Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved the but not to Connecting internet network, Solved: C Users test gt ping Pinging with bytes of data PING transmit failed error code PING transmit failed error code PING transmit failed error code PING transmit failed error code Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Users test gt ping yahoo com Ping request could not find host yahoo com Please check the name and try again C Users test gt nbtstat -n Local Area Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id No names in cache Wireless Network Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id NetBIOS Local Name Table Name Type Status --------------------------------------------- TEST-PC lt gt UNIQUE Registered WORKGROUP lt gt GROUP Registered WORKGROUP lt E gt GROUP Registered TEST-PC lt gt UNIQUE Registered WORKGROUP lt D gt UNIQUE Registered MSBROWSE lt gt GROUP Registered C Users test gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name test-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Solved: Connecting to network, but not the internet Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom b g WLAN Physical Address - A- - - - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c af d Solved: Connecting to network, but not the internet a d a Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff Solved: Connecting to network, but not the internet fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - - -A - -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap AB - C B- C-B A -C A D br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap AB DC - E - CFF-B - FB B br C A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Thanks in advance for your help nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

Hello,

Interesting issue....if I connect to a WEP encrypted network on this XP Pro laptop internet is no problem. If I connect to an open network, no internet at all... I can get into the router settings but not out to the net. Anyone have any idea?? I'm using the intel proset tool to manage wireless connections. Let me know if you need any further details. Thanks in advance for your help!

Mike

A:No internet when connecting to unsecured network

WHat is the your IP address? can you ping anything that is past the router?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-internet-when-connecting-to-unsecured-network.485005/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi my mothers laptop is having problem connecting to the network on wifi. This is a relatively new problem she hasn't had this problem in the past. The funny thing is sometime I can get it to work but in eventually stops working soon after.

All other devices in the house are fine

When trying to connect to the network I get windows was unable to connect to "the network name " none of the troubleshooting methods suggested work

don't know if it is relevant but every once and a while she gets a message about duplicate ip addresses if this is relevant

Any suggestions ? or any more info I can provide that may help?

Relevancy 56.76%

I have a network with ten computers using comcast

highspeed internet service. All but 1 of my

computer are logging on to the internet. I have a

netgear dual speed stackle hub and Windows 2000

Server and Workstations. Also I want to remove

some of the PC's to install some new one, How

would I get the computer to recognize the network

and the comcast internet service.

Thanks
EGC

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-on-network-not-connecting-to-the-internet.384965/
Relevancy 56.76%

Have my modem connected to a switch and my desktop and laptop connected to the switch. The internet works flawlessly on my desktop with no problems at all. The laptop is connecting to the network but is not connecting to the internet. It tells me " 'Local Area Connection' not a valid ip configuration."

I have tried using the flushDNS script but it doesn't work. It hangs up on ipconfig /renew, gives me an error, and then completes the rest. The error is "unable to connect to your DHCP server"

A:Laptop connecting to network but not internet

Quote: Originally Posted by street1030

Have my modem connected to a switch and my desktop and laptop connected to the switch. The internet works flawlessly on my desktop with no problems at all. The laptop is connecting to the network but is not connecting to the internet. It tells me " 'Local Area Connection' not a valid ip configuration."

I have tried using the flushDNS script but it doesn't work. It hangs up on ipconfig /renew, gives me an error, and then completes the rest. The error is "unable to connect to your DHCP server"

The problem is that you have a modem plugged directly into a switch which isn't how it works.

You need to have a router after the modem in order to obtain DHCP IP's "automatic IP assignments" from the router.

If you need to connect more than one machine you need to either use a router or ICS "internet connection sharing" which has limited use and reliability and requires that you have a PCI network adaptor. In most every case using a router is the best way to go here.

Modem>router>switch>machines plugged into router or switch in order to obtain DHCP IP's from the router.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/247437-laptop-connecting-network-but-not-internet.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a machine running XP Pro with all updates which cotains an important database. Often I access this database at night using logmein. The computer uses a Belkin? wifi dongle which is controlled by Belkin's software. The computer automatically updates itself from Microsoft but sometimes the update will force a restart. When this happens the machine goes offline and stays like that until someone manually logs on to it. Obviously I could get round the problem by disabling automatic updates but is there any other way of making the machine log on to the internet before it reaches the login screen so that I can continue to use it after restart?

A:Connecting to network/internet at startup

It should automatically get online if all services are running.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/306212/connecting-to-networkinternet-at-startup/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi, I recently built a computer myself and decided to connect it to our internet, it connects to the wireless router but it keeps saying identifying the network and has a X between the network and internet. I tryed both wireless and wired.

Do I have to change any setting of the PC or router? (im using a D-link DIR-615 wireless router)

Thanks.

A:PC keeps Identifying network and not connecting to the internet, HELP!

Hi amrit,

Did you check if you're Wireless Network is set to "Obtain an IP address automatically" ?
You can check that by going to: Start > Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Change Adapter Settings > Right Click on "your wireless adapter" > Properties > Internet Protocol Version 4.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/102861-pc-keeps-identifying-network-not-connecting-internet-help.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi,
I've just bought a smart TV but am struggling connecting it to the internet (the TV is probably smarter than me) and was hoping someone could help.

General info: my router is from Orange and is upstairs in my study connected to my PC, my TV is downstairs in my 2nd reception room.

The TV can get no wireless signal because the reception room is like a blackhole and gets no wifi or phone signal.

The TV is too far away from the router to run an Ethernet cable between the 2.

So my question is, how can I connect it?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

A:connecting a smart TV to my internet network???/

The TV is too far away from the router to run an Ethernet cable between the 2.Click to expand...

You can use an ethernet switch (or multiple switches) so that no cable is longer than 100 meters.

Or, sometimes Powerline networking adaptors work great (but sometimes they are problematic or don't work at all).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-a-smart-tv-to-my-internet-network.1107464/
Relevancy 56.76%

Alright here s the deal My house has a network of computers my wife s Vista wireless laptop my own XP wireless lapto the from internet keeps disconnecting Network connecting and and my daughters Vista wreless Network keeps connecting and disconnecting from the internet desktop We have what seem like multiple issies going on at the same time from time to time my internet will just go out I still have the network Network keeps connecting and disconnecting from the internet but no internet the little network icon on the Network keeps connecting and disconnecting from the internet vista systems just shows the computer icon without the little globe It does this for hours at a time randomly maybe a once or twice every weeks Restarting unplugging and replugging the ethernet cord doesn t fix it When this is happening none of the computers on the network can connect to the internet but they can all communicate with each other I can access shared files on all computers I run Cisco s Network Magic on all computers If you don t know the program it monitors the network among other things Every now and then the program will inform me that the connection tot he internet is lost and this is confirmed by the fact that the interent suddenly freezes when this happens the connection is reestablished in a matter of seconds usually about to seconds It therefore seems that the modem is or the router are disconnecting and reconnecting randomly This is been happenig a lot in the past days The speed of the connection varies greatly I go for a few days at high speed and then suddenly it will drop for a few hours usually this is followed by a complete loss of connection after an hour or so In the past days the overall speed has been going up and down more than usual I did some speed tests and the results show download speeds as low as K Finally in the past days I have noticed that the browser status message the one that tells you that a website has been found and the browser is waiting for a response very often is telling me that it is waiting for a response from another server or that the connection tot he server could not be established My ISP is Comcast Cable My modem is a ZOOM purchased at best buy to replace a d-link that I thought was the cause of the problem My router is a D-Link DI- The problems started before I purchased the new modem So this is it any ideas Thanks Mike nbsp

A:Network keeps connecting and disconnecting from the internet

Register at DSLReports and run their Line Quality Tests. It's best to run this test with a direct wired connection to eliminate any wireless issues from the results. It's useful many times to run this test several times, and we'd like to see each of the results. Post the results link from the top of the test display page for each test run here.

The link to post is near the top of the page and looks like:

If you wish to post this result to a forum, please copy/paste this URL
http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2357195 <- sample only, yours will obviously be different!
and your IP will be disguised.

Copy/paste that link here.

Note: You will have to enable PING (ICMP) request response either in your router (if you have one), or in your computer's firewall for direct modem connections. This is very important to get the most important part of the test to run.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-keeps-connecting-and-disconnecting-from-the-internet.798801/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a friend s win xp computer that they desperately need for a expensive program on it that only runs in win xp I thought it was a problem with the winsock in the network part connecting network xp but to not laptop win internet of win xp Through doing some problem solving t is now narrowed down win xp laptop connecting to network but not internet to something else is stopping the computer from connecting to the internet The lan adapter and wifi work fine they connect to the network but they do not go out to the internet I don t have a proxy running I did do a reset of the winsock no luck if I do a ping it wont get out to the server and fails I cant use any browser I tried and none work I did discovered in safe mode I can connect to the internet but At this point I am stuck I am not sure if anyone herecan help but I am really hoping to get this computer connecting again without reinstalling windows xp Thank you in advance for your help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/win-xp-laptop-connecting-to-network-but-not-internet-1160073.html
Relevancy 56.33%

HI there I am currently at a hotel and am using their wired internet connection Everything has been working fine until this weekend when I find that the connection keeps dropping out specifically unable to connect when I plug the network cable into computer on startup have to plug and remove a couple of times till it connects connection drops out every - minutes or so have to either unplug and replug cable or enable disable my network adapter on my laptop a couple of times for it to start up again the connection problem affects random programs but always internet explorer I can be on yahoo messanger and msn messanger and even an online game and they won't be affected when the connection drops and internet explorer goes out however if I log off any of these programs then I will have a problem getting back on until I repeat the connection methods out Internet problem...keeps Wired dropping listed above Additionally some IE pages will continue to function for a while if Wired Internet problem...keeps dropping out I click the links in them just cannot access any new pages sometimes the connection will drop out but it will show that I am still connected in my taskbar at the bottom of my screen The hotel came and said they reset the switch but it didnt help everything else on the computer seems to be working fine wireless also seems to be working too Any help adivice on this will be appreciated Thanks

A:Wired Internet problem...keeps dropping out

try if DNS is still working. Do the following in "command prompt"

Code:
nslookup
Standaardserver: dns.tb.iss.as9143.net
Address: 212.54.40.25
> google.nl
Server: dns.tb.iss.as9143.net
Address: 212.54.40.25
Niet-bindend antwoord:
Naam: google.nl
Addresses: 2a00:1450:4007:802::1018
>
Post output

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/237964-wired-internet-problem-keeps-dropping-out.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a wireless network consisting of 4 computers. The computer that is directly connected to the modem/router is able to be seen and accessed by all other computers on the network. The computer directly connected to the router is the only one that can't connect to the internet. It had worked fine for 2 years and then all of the sudden we have problems. Maybe once a week it will be able to connect. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 56.33%

Hello everyone I have a rather sticky problem which I m hoping can be solved I will try to be as in-depth as possible so forgive me if this is a lot to read I just got Vista network, not but to Internet Windows connecting my new computer a Dell XPS running vista My other computer is a Dell Dimension running XP The Dimension has been and is currently hooked up to the internet via a Toshiba PCX cable modem I have set up a network I think between the two computers and the XPS connects to the dimension but it cannot connect to the internet Several years ago I bought a Netgear wireless G router a WGR version After literally dozens of attempts at getting it working Windows Vista connecting to network, but not Internet I packed away the router and forgot about it until this weekend when my new computer arrived The Windows Vista connecting to network, but not Internet XPS has a wireless receiver built in and I also plugged in a Windows Vista connecting to network, but not Internet wireless receiver card also from Netgear I had alot of trouble getting the router working today and I ultimately had to hook up the router to the new computer just to be able to access it s settings Netgear wireless routers are configured by connecting the router to the computer and going to quot routerlogin net quot in your web browser but this doesn t work on my dimension I also tried typing in the IP address of the router and that didn t work either After hooking it up into the XPS and configuring a network named WORKGROUP I rewired the router to my cable modem and Dimension as instructed in the manual The internet works fine obviously and the router is working correctly However I STILL cannot access the router s setting which is extremely frustrating and even after a day of internet searching I could find no way of attempting to access the router s setting which actually worked for me Getting my router to work went something like this Plug it in correctly to dimension turn on dimension no internet connection wireless light on router not lit Unplug cable modem replug in internet works but no wireless light Reset router using button on back repeat previous steps same results Hook up router to new XPS open internet explorer Hallelujah the address routerlogin net works From here I am expecting to be able to edit the setting of the router and tailor them to the dimension to which it is not currently plugged in and then plug it back in to the dimension and have it working Instead there is no option for this and it only offers the options to automatically set up the networking information or to quit What the heck let s try auto networking It can t find an internet connection because the XPS is hooked up to the router only just to access it s settings Ok two can play at this game Drag entire table with XPS monitor speakers and everything close enough to the cable jack coming out of the wall Hook up cable modem and wireless router into XPS correctly as shown in the manual Open IE on XPS routerlogin net works still Go through auto networking picks up a quot dynamic IP quot internet connection sets up network Wireless light lights up on router Plug cable modem and router back into normal computer drag new computer back to it s spot Turn on normal computer and internet works and wireless light remains lit My XPS is running windows vista When I turn it on it picks up the signal with an excellent signal strength and says that I am connected to an quot unidentified quot network connection I cannot access the internet on my XPS When I go into the networking windows on my dimension all it shows is quot shareddocs quot on this computer The XPS doesn t show up I have no idea where to go or what to do I ve never done the whole networking thing before It shows they are connected on the XPS and not the dimension I ve heard everything from DHCP to WEP encryption and I m not sure what options I need to configure and how Here is my information from the dimension Wireless Network... Read more

Relevancy 56.33%

Hi there,

I'm having trouble connecting a fairly old PC (8 years old) with Microsoft XP to the internet, via a wireless router & a Belkin wireless network card (plugged into a USB port). The Belkin software was installed successfully, and I've located & connected to my wireless router. However, when I open IE it won't connect to the internet. I have no idea whether I need a piece of hardware or software to act as the missing link, or whether indeed it is a question of my PC's compatibility, being so old...

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks

Andy

Relevancy 56.33%

My computer automatically shuts down whenever I try to connect to an internet or network server (wifi, LAN. or wireless data modem). At first it shuts down a few minutes after I connect, but now it's as soon as I TRY to connect (even when wifi is just looking for a signal).

The following message is displayed for literally a fraction of a second (I had to take a video of the screen so I can read the message).
"This system is shutting down. Please save all work in progress and log off. Any unsaved changes will be lost. This shutdown was initiated by IRIS\Iris

Time before shutdown: 00:00:01

IRIS is my computer/administrator name.

I checked my events viewer and it said something about winlogon.exe, by USER32.
Hope you can help!

A:automatic shutdown when connecting to internet/network

Crashing and shutdown problems can be symptomatic of a variety of things to include hardware/software issues, overheating caused by a failed processor fan, bad memory (RAM), failing or underpowered power supply, CPU overheating, motherboard, video card, faulty or unsigned device drivers, CMOS battery going bad, BIOS and firmware problems, dirty hardware components, programs hanging or unresponsive in the background, and even malware.Some rootkits can also trigger BSODs, shutdowns and various stop error/shutdown messages so it would also be wise to perform a scan for this type of malware. Download and scan with Sophos Anti-rootkit, Panda AntiRootkit or AVG Anti-Rootkit.Before performing an ARK scan it is recommended to do the following to ensure more accurate results and avoid common issues that may cause false detections.Disconnect from the Internet or physically unplug you Internet cable connection.Close all open programs, scheduling/updating tasks and background processes that might activate during the scan including the screensaver. Temporarily disable your anti-virus and real-time anti-spyware protection.After starting the scan, do not use the computer until the scan has completed.When finished, re-enable your anti-virus/anti-malware (or reboot) and then you can reconnect to the Internet.Note: Not all hidden components detected by ARKs are malicious. It is normal for a Firewall, some Anti-virus and Anti-malware software (ProcessGuard, Prevx1, AVG AS), sandboxes, virtual machines and Host based Intrusion Prevention Systems (HIPS) to hook into the OS kernal/SSDT in order to protect your system. You should not be alarmed if you see any hidden entries created by these software programs after performing a scan.If you're using Windows 2000/XP, please print out and follow these instructions: "How to use SDFix". When using this tool, you must use the Administrator's account or an account with "Administrative rights"Disconnect from the Internet and temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any real time protection programs before performing a scan.Please be patient as the scan may take up to 20 minutes to complete.When the process is complete, the SDFix report log will open in Notepad and automatically be saved in the SDFix folder as Report.txt.If SDFix is unable to run after rebooting from Safe Mode, run SDFix in either Mode, and type F, then press Enter for it to finish the final stage and produce the report.The SDFix report log (Report.txt) will open in Notepad and automatically be saved in the SDFix folder.Please copy and paste the contents of Report.txt in your next reply.Be sure to re-enable you anti-virus and and other security programs before connecting to the Internet.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/173341/automatic-shutdown-when-connecting-to-internetnetwork/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi. I'm using a Gateway NV54 laptop and the wifi isn't connecting to the home network or internet. The wifi worked before the install, but not after. I have another laptop and the wifi works fine for it.

Recently did a clean install of Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, 64-bit. Installed all drivers. Current wireless driver is Intel Wireless LAN Driver (since the laptop uses Intel Pentium processor).

When I click my home network in the list of connections it asks for the security key. I put in the key and immediately it says "windows was unable to connect to this network." Tried this multiple times. I can connect with ethernet but not wireless.

Tried pressing Xfinity router wireless button to pick up the laptop but it didn't work. Tried logging into Xfinity router from the other computer and manually put the laptop's computer name and mac address into router, restarted router, still can't connect.

Any ideas? Thanks.

A:Wifi for laptop not connecting to network/internet

Hi Kevin ... Welcome to Seven Forums .. Have you any errors in the Device Manager ? ....

Did you Install the Wireless Driver from the Gateway Website ? ...

:Noticed there was 3 Wireless Drivers on the Gateway Website :

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/378272-wifi-laptop-not-connecting-network-internet.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Computer connecting to network but not connecting to internet?

I have a Vaio VGN-FZ140E. And it's connecting to my network (linkys) via router. But not to the Internet.

Computer ----- Network -----X----- Internet

That's how it's like in the Network and Sharing Center lol the X meaning its not connected to the Internet lol. And I tried "identifying the problem" and tried out the suggestions it gave me. None worked.

It's around three years old and I've been having issues with the network button for the past year but I found a way to get by that. It's on and working fine, though sometimes it starts flashing or turns off etc.

There was also a blackout yesterday. It didn't get Internet after the blackout so idk if that had to do with it.

And I also have another laptop. It's working fine.

A:Help. Vaio VGN-FZ140E connecting to Network but not Internet

Hi:I think we will need quite a bit more environmental info before proceeding to the diagnosing/recommendation stage.
Please provide as much info as you can.
The ipconfig /all and pings will be most enlightening.
Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Make and exact model and hardware version of any other network equipment, like a repeater, a booster, hi-gain antenna, etc.
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

&#8226; Have you tried to do a system restore to before the problem occurred?
&#8226; If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
&#8226; For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
&#8226; For wireless laptops, have you made SURE the wireless switch is on?
&#8226; For wired connection issues, have you booted in Safe Mode with Networking to see if that changes the symptoms?
&#8226; Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
&#8226; If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands on separate lines, following each one with the Enter key:

PING 74.125.45.100

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-vaio-vgn-fz140e-connecting-to-network-but-not-internet.924047/
Relevancy 56.33%

My computer is on a home wireless network with 3 other computers, all of the other computers connect to the internet and work.... mine suddenly won't connect anymore. I mouse over the icons in the bottom right and it says "Wireless Network Connection 2: Wireless Connection Unavailable" and the other icon says "Local Area Connection 4: Network Cable Unplugged".

I am lost, please help.

Thanks so much.

A:One computer in network not connecting to internet (others will connect)

Have you setup the SSID properly in the wireless networks tab? Right click and choose View available wireless networks, then choose Change advanced settings. Once in there click on the Wireless networks tab and setup from there. You can also try removing all the security to make sure you can connect that way. Then put things back slowly to see which one (if any) caused the problems.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/one-computer-in-network-not-connecting-to-internet-others-will-connect.35289/
Relevancy 56.33%

I've spent a few hours trying to connect my laptop to my roadrunner cable through a netgear wireless usb adapter. The desktop is working fine that is directly connected to the modem and router. I spent half an hour on the phone with tech support from netgear and everything they went through with me did not work. They said to contact the laptop support. The netgear adapter software wizard keeps scanning so that when it is on channel 11 it gets a signal for a few moments, then continues to scan through other channels and lose the signal for a minute or two. Any ideas? PLEASE!!!

Relevancy 56.33%

When I connected to the wireless through my laptop it worked fine but when I was trying to bridge a connection with the Belkin router it all of a sudden wont allow internet access anymore even - to not internet NETWORK connecting UNIDENTIFIED Belkin when I hardwire the modem to the router and then from the router to the computer Help Please Here is the command prompt Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Amanda gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Murray-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R DC Gigabit Network Connecti on Physical Address -FB-A - D- - DHCP Enabled Belkin not connecting to internet - UNIDENTIFIED NETWORK Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d eb fb a aea fa Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -BC- - A- -FB-A - D- - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap DC F - EA- B-A DE- F br br Media State Media disconnected br Connection-specific DNS Suffix br Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter br Physical Address - - - - - - -E br DHCP Enabled No br Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes br br Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface br br Media State Media disconnected br Connection-specific DNS Suffix br Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface br Physical Address - - - - - - -E br DHCP Enabled No br Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes br br br Its a model F D v It also blinks orange with the light on the front br br BELKIN WONT HELP ME ive called them and they want to charge me a fee for their services to get me connected back to the internet br br I can hardwire directly from the modem to the computer and the internet works fine It s not the modem br br I ve tried resetting unplugging uninstalling then reinstalling everything I can think of Please help br when i try to imput ipconfig renew or ipconfig release it wont assign me a new ip address through the router ive tried automatically imputting the ip address through properties but it still wont connect br br it says my ip address is something when i imput ipconfig in the command prompt whem i wire through the router div class messageTextEndMarker nbsp div blockquote article div div class messageMeta ToggleTriggerAnchor div class privateControls span class item muted span class authorEnd a href members froster class username author dir auto froster a span a href threads belkin-not-connecting-to-internet-unidentified-network title Permalink class datePermalink span class DateTime title Oct at PM Oct span a span div div class publicControls a href threads belkin-not-connecting-to-internet-unidentified-network title Permalink class item muted postNumber hashPermalink OverlayTrigger data-href posts permalink a div div div id likes-post- div div li class message div class messageUserInfo itemscope itemscope itemtype http data-vocabulary org Person div class messageUserBlock div class avatarHolder span class helper span a class avatar Av m data-avatarhtml true img src styles default xenforo avatars avatar m png width height alt a div h class userText Sponsor h span class arrow span span span div div div class messageInfo primaryContent div class messageContent article blockquote class messageText ugc baseHtml ins class adsbygoogle style display inline-block width px height px data-ad-client ca-pub- data-ad-slot ins blockquote article div div li li li id post- class message staff data-author etaf div class messageUserInfo itemscope itemscope itemtype http data-vocabulary org Person div class messageUserBlock div class avatarHolder span class helper span a href members etaf class avatar Av m data-avatarhtml true img src data avatars m jpg width height alt etaf a div h class userText a href members etaf class username dir auto itempro... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-not-connecting-to-internet-unidentified-network.1074755/
Relevancy 56.33%

My personal computer upstairs no longer has internet. It says there is connectivity but no connection to the internet. Obviously my computer with the router is working fine (the one i'm on now). I noticed a windows pop-up that said there was a conflict with IP addresses on the network. It flashed really quick and then went away. Thanks for your time, in advance!!

edit: I've also always had a problem using p2p programs and internet browsers simultaneously. If i'm using one and then i open the other... the internet starts to go really slow. And then it just stops working until i reboot my computer.

Relevancy 56.33%

Hi - but wireless connecting internet laptop not network to hope you can laptop connecting to wireless network but not internet help me I have computers - three macs and one dell laptop running windows XP professional on a unsecured wireless nework speedstream modem dlink - router Until weeks ago everything was fine I had some laptop connecting to wireless network but not internet connection problems weeks ago and had to reset the password on the modem which I did with help from my isp I did not reset the password on my router as I didn t have access to it at that time Since then the three macs connect just fine but I have been having problems connecting to the internet with my laptop The network connects but most times I cannot get to the internet Occasionally I am able to connect but then the connection drops again The laptop can connect to the internet using other networks Reading through the posts on this form I have run ipconfig all and done the ping tests I can ping the ip address and the dns servers but pinging and yahoo com gives me a timed out message I haven t been able to find any posts which suggest tests for this result if anyone can give me some help would be much appreciated I m writing this in the morning will not have access to the computer until this evening but am willing to run any and all tests at that time Thanks nbsp

A:laptop connecting to wireless network but not internet

Do the symptoms change if you connect to a wired connection with that machine?

Let's see this using a wired connection to the router.

Try these simple tests.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

NOTE: For the items below in red surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous IPCONFIG command output! Do NOT type <computer_IP_address> into the command, that won't work.

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-connecting-to-wireless-network-but-not-internet.853922/