Windows Support Forum

Allowing access to home computer from remote computer

Q: Allowing access to home computer from remote computer

I have a wireless router for my home desktop computer and a wireless capable laptop computer. I can access the laptop from my desktop and add or change files on it. I can see the files on my desktop from my laptop, but I can't open or change them. How do I "allow" access from my laptop to my desktop?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Allowing access to home computer from remote computer

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Allowing access to home computer from remote computer

first, UNSHARE whatever is currently being shared on the desktop.

Now find the folder(s) you wish to share, start the sharing setup and be sure to [x]
allow changes / modifications.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/allowing-access-to-home-computer-from-remote-computer.167330/
Relevancy 86.86%

Hello I hope I am posting this question in the correct forum I use a remote desktop to access my work computer from my home computer On my home computer I am using Windows Vista and have Norton Security I am wondering if there is any way for someone from the remote location to enter my home computer while I am using the remote access I ve always wondered this but from remote computer desktop my someone location my home enter access Can was told by a friend that my firewall protection would stop this from happening However I grew suspicious when recently I was trying to rename Can someone enter my home computer from my remote access desktop location a file folder on my home computer but couldn t rename it and got a message saying it was being viewed or was open rather in another program but I checked everything I knew to check and I Can someone enter my home computer from my remote access desktop location did not have it open anywhere else on my computer - I hadn t even accessed that folder until I decided to rename it I don t think I had my remote desktop access open at that time though but I wondered if someone else was viewing the folder - it may be totally unrelated to the remote access thing but you never know so I thought I d find out once and for all if this is even possible regardless of the folder re-naming issue Thank you

A:Can someone enter my home computer from my remote access desktop location

There Isn't any way I am aware of for a standard remote desktop session to give another user access to your computer. However, do you enable the option to give your remote session access to your local drives and printers? That would allow something in your own session to access your home computer's hd from the remote computer. Check and see if you were using that option. Either way I would investigate the locked folder until you can either rename it, or find out what program or service has it in use, just to make sure there isn't something lurking on your machine.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/336511/can-someone-enter-my-home-computer-from-my-remote-access-desktop-location/
Relevancy 85.14%

I have a computer set up at home as a hobby-web server designated quot Server quot running Windows Professional Swedish language version The Server has Norton Internet Security installed Standard port in the firewall is open to allow Remote Desktop connections I cannot connect home Can't access Remote adapter to set internet my Desktop network is Public. computer on when to the Server using Remote Desktop unless When I open Network- and Sharing Center on the Server under View your active networks my internet connection designated quot Network quot by Windows is set to quot Public Network quot I cannot connect to the Server Can't access Remote Desktop on my home computer when internet network adapter is set to Public. I get the error message quot Remote Desktop can't connect to the remote computer for one of these reasons Remote access to the server is not enabled nbsp The remote computer is turned off nbsp The remote computer is not available on the network quot This happens even will all firewalls disabled If I change quot Network quot to quot Home network quot or quot Work quot - then I can connect to the Server using Remote Desktop But if I set my Server's public IP-address network adapter to quot Home network quot isn't my security compromised more than it already is when I'm allowing Remote Desktop I don't want to leave my Internet connection at Home Network because the point of having different settings is because I want to have my internal LAN at a lower security level for network drive access How do I fix this

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4a9a6f4b-1df0-4d19-b82b-697cb871a45d/cant-access-remote-desktop-on-my-home-computer-when-internet-network-adapter-is-set-to-public?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 81.27%

middot nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp computer computer computer and verify your the there identity because difference Desktop of a cannot the between remote or Remote is time remote date the nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Remote Desktop cannot verify the identity of the remote computer because there is a time or date difference between your computer and the remote computer nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp I haI have been accessing one of my windows remotely using RDC For some reasons nbsp I can rsquo t access it any more with this message nbsp quot Remote Desktop cannot verify the identity of the remote computer because there is a time or date difference between your computer and the remote computer Make sure your computer's clock is set to the correct time and then try connecting again If the problem occurs again contact your network administrator or the owner of the remote computer quot I have tried to access this windows from Vista and windows workstation but all get the same error nbsp I have checked the date and time are the same on all computers What could be the problem nbsp Bob Lin MVP MCSE CNE Networking Internet Routing VPN Troubleshooting on http www ChicagoTech net How to Setup Windows Network VPN amp Remote Access on http www howtonetworking com

A:Remote Desktop cannot verify the identity of the remote computer because there is a time or date difference between your computer and the remote computer

Ours was a DNS issue.  Someone put an entry in the wrong firewall.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c1f64836-5606-49b0-82eb-56be7f696520/remote-desktop-cannot-verify-the-identity-of-the-remote-computer-because-there-is-a-time-or-date?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi,

I have a small network at home with a wireless d-link router.

I have 2 PC I want to grant remote access to (192.168.0.100 and 101)

101 is my webserver and currently if I type my IP address all requests go to 101. How would I configure my router or setup up a domain name that would give me a choice of which PC to log into...even if I had to have different port numbers for each PC that would be fine.

Relevancy 78.69%

Hello I m worried that my laptop has been hacked Amongst a Access? Allowing Remote Malware number of other red flags the volume suddenly changes without my input I can only use of internet connections LAN or Wireless Malware Allowing Remote Access? outside my home and the screen very rarely switches to idle mode even when I ve been away all day or asleep Also I used to use online alarm clocks but my last computer would suddenly reboot during the night so I stopped using them for about years The reboot problem stopped immediately and I ve not had one with my current machine until recently when I ve been trying to use the online alarms again The laptop either reboots at night or one of the browsers shuts down It never does this on days that I don t use the alarm P S I ve gone through the malware removal steps but I d already run CCleaner and the registry fix before coming onto Major Geeks nbsp

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/malware-allowing-remote-access.310356/
Relevancy 77.83%

and when I try to use safe mode with networking it wont allow it either If someone could assist also I just downloaded and ran the Rkill programme and here is the print out sporadically allowing despite being internet access Computer connected not if it helps - Rkill by Lawrence Abrams Grinler http www bleepingcomputer com Copyright - BleepingComputer com More Information about Rkill can be found at this link http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html Program started at AM in x mode Windows Version Windows Vista Ultimate Checking for Windows services to stop No malware services found to stop Checking for processes to terminate C Windows SysWOW ezSharedSvcHost exe PID WD-HEUR proccess terminated Checking Registry for malware related settings No issues found in the Registry Resetting EXE COM amp BAT Computer sporadically not allowing internet access despite being connected associations in the Windows Registry Performing miscellaneous checks No issues found Checking Computer sporadically not allowing internet access despite being connected Windows Service Integrity DFSR Missing Service EMDMgmt Missing Service slsvc Missing Service SLUINotify Missing Service FDResPub gt SystemRoot system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation Incorrect ImagePath KtmRm gt SystemRoot System svchost exe -k NetworkServiceAndNoImpersonation Incorrect ImagePath LanmanWorkstation gt SystemRoot System svchost exe -k NetworkService Incorrect ImagePath p pimsvc gt SystemRoot System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet Incorrect ImagePath p psvc gt SystemRoot System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet Incorrect ImagePath PNRPAutoReg gt SystemRoot System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet Incorrect ImagePath PNRPsvc gt SystemRoot System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet Incorrect ImagePath QWAVE gt windir system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation Incorrect ImagePath SCardSvr gt SystemRoot system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation Incorrect ImagePath SSDPSRV gt SystemRoot system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation Incorrect ImagePath TBS gt SystemRoot System svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation Incorrect ImagePath upnphost gt SystemRoot system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation Incorrect ImagePath wcncsvc gt SystemRoot System svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation Incorrect ImagePath WdiServiceHost gt SystemRoot System svchost exe -k LocalService Incorrect ImagePath Dhcp gt SystemRoot system dhcpcore dll Incorrect ServiceDLL Themes gt SystemRoot system themeservice dll Incorrect ServiceDLL Searching for Missing Digital Signatures No issues found

A:Computer sporadically not allowing internet access despite being connected

You abandoned this topic in the past: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/521114/help-neededa-black-command-type-box-keeps-appearing-and-disappearing/
Unless there is some good excuse I won't be wasting my time.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/559658/computer-sporadically-not-allowing-internet-access-despite-being-connected/
Relevancy 77.83%

I have been spending the whole night trying to reconfigure my win desktop to allow me to connect to shared files and print with the printer both of my computers are windows and in a homegroup I have made sure all the correct services are running Windows troubleshooting does not solve the problem as usual I have not printed in allowing to computer printers access files or Homegroup not a while so I decided to go in and try to connect to the printer and the printer is showing as offline I try to install a new printer since homegroup says a new printer was found but this does not work I try to access shared libraries on the computer with the printer and keep getting the error This account is not allowed to access this shared resource I have it set up to allow sharing without passwords and I have shared between these computers before something is messed up and i can't find what it is I tried restarting and going Homegroup computer not allowing access to printers or files through all the homegroup options one by one firewall etc anybody solve this problem recently thanks

A:Homegroup computer not allowing access to printers or files

Navigate here: Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center

It will pop up with your connection and will state your computer name. under that it will say network. click the blue letters which read public or home. In the pop up window, select home. Now type homegroup into your start menu search bar and select it. See if there are any settings in there that will allow you to add printers, files, etc to the list of acceptable things. You may or may not have to do this to both computers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/252962-homegroup-computer-not-allowing-access-printers-files.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi I posted yesterday about a couple of problems now allowing fix I Worried after at risk? access to problem. a Am remote fixed but the other is still unresolved I have a HP laptop and I thought I was getting help from HP Support and I received a phone call from a technician who asked for remote access so he could fix my problem He mentioned a one off fee for the service When I asked he said he would find out how much it was and let me know asap He downloaded a programme to scan my Worried after allowing remote access to fix a problem. Am I at risk? PC and found thousands of problems and told me that things were clashing and causing the problems I had I had to ask twice more about the charge and I was getting suspicious but I still thought I was talking to HP Support He told me how much the fee was and said I had a year's cover and nothing more to pay etc When I said I couldn't Worried after allowing remote access to fix a problem. Am I at risk? pay he said he was unable to help deleted what he'd downloaded and gave me some contact details in case I changed my mind and ended the call I'm now worried in case he has planted anything in my PC and I'm scared to do any internet banking I don't want to change passwords etc in case my PC is vulnerable How can I find out is my PC is safe to use Many thanks Julie I found out the technician was from Technician pc com if that helps

A:Worried after allowing remote access to fix a problem. Am I at risk?

Hello Julie, sorry for the wait. Lets run these and see what they say. Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.Checkmark the following checkboxes:Flush DNSReport IE Proxy SettingsReset IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsReset FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory size.Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run. Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed   Please Download TDSSkillerLaunch it.Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file systemClick on "Scan".Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive) Do not change the default options on scan results.   Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.•Close all open programs and internet browsers.•Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.•Click on Delete.•Confirm each time with Ok.•You will be prompted to restart your computer. A text file will open after the restart.•Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.•You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.>>>>Now I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScanHold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.Click the   button.For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)Click on [url="http://download.eset.com/special/eos/esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe"]esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe[/url] to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.Double click on the  icon on your desktop.Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."Click the Start button.Accept any security warnings from your browser.Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats" Click Advanced settings and select the following:Scan potentially unwanted applicationsScan for potentially unsafe applicationsEnable Anti-Stealth technologyESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.When the scan completes, click List ThreatsClick Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.Click the Back button.Click the Finish button. NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/491605/worried-after-allowing-remote-access-to-fix-a-problem-am-i-at-risk/
Relevancy 76.97%

Networking issue - Win printer XP remote machines is a thread in this forum where I remote access 7 selected folders? Allowing XP Windows to got some help that allowed me to share my printer wired to my Windows machine so Allowing XP remote access to selected Windows 7 folders? that the XP machines in the house could use it The substantive advice from that thread was to go to How to Enable Printer amp File Sharing between Windows and Windows XP Windows for a great tutorial on printer and file sharing between Windows and XP machines Except - a seemingly simple task I'd like to do isn't working On my Windows machine I have a folder with the path name quot D My Documents My Pictures digital digital pictures quot Allowing XP remote access to selected Windows 7 folders? Reasonably self-evidently this folder has my Allowing XP remote access to selected Windows 7 folders? photos from I'd like to put a desktop shortcut on an XP computer in my home network so that double-clicking on the shortcut allows that user to view the contents including subfolders of that path And it's not happening Oddly there's another computer in the house where I have that capability and it does work No idea what I did to cause that to happen - obviously if I did I'd have fixed it The folder in question is shared from the Windows machine The XP machine shows up in its Network and vice versa The XP machine is able to print to a network printer connected to the Windows machine Could someone slowly and patiently tell me step by step what to do to make this happen I've created a shortcut and typed in the above pathname as to what the shortcut was supposed to take me to but I'm being unsuccessful Thanks

A:Allowing XP remote access to selected Windows 7 folders?

Try this: Create a Shortcut to a Folder

1. Double-click the "My Computer" icon from the Desktop.

2. Navigate to the folder which is one level above the folder you would like to create a shortcut for.

3. Right-click the folder which you would like to create the shortcut for.

4. From the menu that appears, select "Create Shortcut".

5. A shortcut will now be created for the folder.

6. Next, click and drag the shortcut from the folder onto the Desktop

Credit for article: Computertim Technologies "How to Article Microsoft Windows"

Note: a google search can be a bit faster than waiting for a reply on a forum.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/134635-allowing-xp-remote-access-selected-windows-7-folders.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I am using DSL and Linksys Router in my home. What is the most secure
method of logging onto my open computer from a remote location? Thanks

A:Remote Login to home computer

SSH or VNC over SSL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remote-login-to-home-computer.412445/
Relevancy 70.52%

help in accessing another computer through internet

A:remote computer access

Whose computer...have they given you permission to attempt such...and why do you want to access it?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/414026/remote-computer-access/
Relevancy 70.52%

someone has remote access to my computer i ran a scan with multiple softwares and it says everything is gone but then i figured out i have poison ivy pretty much i restarted my computer and my desktop turned all black and nothing shows up besides the my documents folder anybody know how to remove this here are the logs to my scan Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer exe C Windows System mobsync exe C Program Files Ventrilo Ventrilo exe C Program Files Safari Safari exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www ask com o R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US someone my has computer to who access remote amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft someone who has remote access to my computer Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Winamp Search Class - BCA FA- someone who has remote access to my computer DBB- a -B - C F B - C Program Files Winamp Toolbar winamptb dll R - URLSearchHook no name - B B - - d -B D- EBB BA F A - C Program Files AskSBar SrchAstt bin A SRCHAS DLL F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe C WINDOWS Config csrss exe O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO HP Print Clips - someone who has remote access to my computer F -DC - -A C- F D C - C Program Files HP Smart Web Printing hpswp framework dll O - BHO Ask Search Assistant BHO - B B - - d -B D- EBB BA F A - C Program Files AskSBar SrchAstt bin A SRCHAS DLL O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser NppBho dll O - BHO Winamp Toolbar Loader - CEE EC- - bc- B - DDC AB C - C Program Files Winamp Toolbar winamptb dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - -F - -B -FBEE C B DF - c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser UIBHO dll O - Toolbar Winamp Toolbar - EBF BA - - c a- B-BB F D DE - C Program Files Winamp Toolbar winamptb dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c hp support hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KbdStub EXE O - HKLM Run OsdMaestro quot C Program Files Hewlett-Packard On-Screen OSD Indicator OSD exe quot O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exe O - HKLM Run CCUTRAYICON FactoryMode O - HKLM Run ccApp quot c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run osCheck quot c Program Fi... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/someone-who-has-remote-access-to-my-computer.745787/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi there thank you in advance for your help Everytime I start my computer iexplore starts up When I run TCPView I see a connection to a milleni com tr IP address this guy is able to start programs on my computer he opened a movie with windows media player He is even able to activate my webcam He deleted a mail map in my hotmail and changed my password luckily I got my account back When I look for details in TCPView it tells me that the process is IEXPLORE EXE located in c Program Files remote my access someone to computer has internet explorer When I open that directory I can only see iexplore exe but no IEXPLORE EXE I can stop the process but everytime I use the internet explorer someone has remote access to my computer it comes back I uninstalled internet explorer and reinstalled it but it s still there At this moment the IP address that I m connected with is I wrote an email to the Turkish internet provider to complain about that customer but they didn t reply Can you please help me to get rid of this problem Regards

A:someone has remote access to my computer

Remove the computers internet connection. Check back here for updates.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/346023/someone-has-remote-access-to-my-computer/
Relevancy 70.52%

I was looking over my sys analyzer log and it looks like the remote access is running. Is someone accessing my computer somehow through my remote access? My computer also always so slow, is idling high and shuts down often because it gets hot. I can never figure out what causes this. If someone could look at the log and give me some advice, I would really appreciate it! I have pasted my computer's info below and also attached a copy of the log to this post. Thank you so much!
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD A8-4500M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 21 Model 16 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3554 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7640G, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 450311 MB, Free - 319587 MB; D: Total - 25488 MB, Free - 3023 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 184B
Antivirus: Webroot SecureAnywhere, Updated and Enabled

A:Possible Remote Access to my computer?

Please provide the exact service that you are referring to. If you are referring to the remote desktop service will in order to connect to your computer the remote client would kick you out and generally you would receive a prompt, so that is not the case. If you fear a third party remote solution, look in Programs and Features and see if any are installed there.
If your computer shuts down because it overheats, make sure the exhaust fan is running, and none of the vents are being blocked. In the end you might need to reseat the cpu with a better grade of thermal paste. Since this is a laptop, unless you know what you are doing, I recommend taking it to a shop.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-remote-access-to-my-computer.1145912/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello and thank you for taking the access I my have someone remote computer! may think to time to look at my possible problem I think I may be hacked based on a few things that have been happening in the last couple weeks or so First I have noticed that things are taking a long time to load now when they were noticeably quicker only a week or so ago my computer doesn t seem right When I shut down now not sure if it s because I exit everything so quickly before I shut down almost every time there is a Waiting I think someone may have remote access to my computer! for program to close before shutdown message I also noted something strange days ago when I left my computer on and went for a walk I was playing an online game and left the game on when I left for my walk I was gone for maybe an hour and when I got back the game was exited completely and windows media player was running No one was in the house and it was locked and the monitor was in power save mode black screen OS is Windows Home Premium edition

A:I think someone may have remote access to my computer!

Nothing is jumping out at me from the log. I think, if anything you have a malware infection and should follow the steps here:Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/343641/i-think-someone-may-have-remote-access-to-my-computer/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi,
I have a laptop at work wired to the network and a laptop at home which I normally connect to the network using a wireless router (Linksys BEFW 11S4 v2). Both are windows XP Pro 2007.

When I try and connect wirelessly to the work computer via Remote Desktop I cannot get a connection. But when I hardwire the home laptop to the router, I can. I'm using Watchgard VPN.

Any ideas would be great!

Relevancy 69.66%

are there any good. free. and secure remote access programs out there?

i want to be able to access my home computer from school.

thanks in advanced!

A:remote computer access programs?

Apparently VNC is a good one, although I couldn't get it to work I found a good one at www.logmein.com. Seems to do the trick pretty well, not sure how secure it is though, but looks professional enough.
If your school is anything like the one I work at, then their proxy will block anything to do with remote access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remote-computer-access-programs.455472/
Relevancy 69.66%

So recently I've noticed my webcam on after being away for the day at work, and interestingly enough, a simple restart turns it off. I do run skype from time to time, but every time i finish a call I make sure it is off. But as of recently I've been coming back from extended leaves to my webcam with the "in use" light on.
I've tried with MWB and my antivirus to find any sort of weird intrusion, and to my surprise, there is nothing so far.
I've turned off remote access as a precautionary action.
So is there a way to guarantee that I am not being watched and that my personal information is not being compromised?
Thanks, Grid.
Wrong Thread, can we please move it to "Security" in its corresponding place?

A:Possible unwanted remote access to my computer.

What is your computer and what is your OS?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/542070/possible-unwanted-remote-access-to-my-computer/
Relevancy 69.66%

I have had about 25 attempts to access my computer through a remote.

I have the addresses here, can someone that knows more thanme tewll me what is going on.

The local address is 66.53.47.183:2714
The remote adresses have included...
81.215.81.237:59086
81.215.81.237:60006
69.40.74.145:4013
69.40.74.145:3756
69.40.74.145:3923
172.183.14.251:2364

It has continued to try and access for the entire time I was writing this post. So I just checked the 'always do this action' box, which is BLOCK.
Can anyone tell me what these addresses are, or where they might be coming from?

I haven't installed anything that I am aware of that would need a computer to access mine.

Just wondering why this is happening all of a sudden, since it hasn't happened this persistantly since I have been online.

A:attempts to access my computer through a remote

What kind of internet connection do you have? What type of firewall do you have? This may simply be a scanner scanning varions IP addresses on the internet; your firewall served its purpose. You may want to think about sticking yourself behind a router (i.e., linksys cable/dsl router or equivalent). That blocks such connection attempts.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/attempts-to-access-my-computer-through-a-remote.271072/
Relevancy 69.66%

When I start my computer (not web browser just computer) I get a message that someone is trying to access your computer over the internet from 192.168.0.1

I looked up the ip address and it is a company in california I never heard of.

Not sure what to do about this?

A:Remote Address Trying To Access My Computer From 192.168.0.1

I'm not clear on the issue.
Who is issuing the message? Windows firewall? Another firewall? AV? Some other anti-malware application?

192.168.0.1 is most likely your very own router or DSL or Cable modem, I doubt that's in California. most likely it's in your home. And at bootup the router is likely giving you your IP address which the computer requests as it boots.

If some other address is pinging you, well, you can reject the pings in the router or in the firewall.
A bit of system description would help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/119748/remote-address-trying-to-access-my-computer-from-19216801/
Relevancy 69.66%

I have a main PC A on which I keep access remote a problem computer software such as libre office MSE amp updates adobe flash set up etc Very often I have to install these software on remote laptops and other PCs I avoid using pendrives because problem access a remote computer of Virus problems Normally to access my computer A from a remote computer or laptop I click on network icon open network and sharing center double click on network and I see my computer name If I double click on it I am prompted to give a user name and password I usually type administrator my password and I access my account problem access a remote computer and the different software that I need from PC A This is how I usually do it However I am working on a laptop where I am following the same procedure but I am getting the message logon failure unknown user name problem access a remote computer or bad password Please note that both the laptop and my computer have windows prof SP and the same administrator password In fact all computers in this office have the same administrator password The problem is persisting even when i have changed the password My friends from other ministries are telling me that they also have this problem with some computers so they use pendrives or cds I would like to know what is the cause of this problem and if there is a solution to this

A:problem access a remote computer

Are they both local based accounts on the PC?

Are they on the same network?

---

Just as an FYI, ESET and Kingston make a flash drive with a built in Antivirus that you can use on any machine without the risk of a virus to your drive:

Secure USB Flash Drives | Kingston

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problem-access-a-remote-computer-952313.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi All, Can anyone explain to me, why....
when i dial- up to my ISP......I sometimes hear
a different ring tone, and i get the response........
The computer you are dialing to is not answering.....Please wait and try again?? this has been happening every so often......I'd like to try
and find out if there's anything i can do?
chuck-HD.

Relevancy 69.66%

A friend of mine is having issues with her computer and without looking at what she is talking about I have no idea what she means I have found a program logmein com that will allow me to access her computer from Remote computer to question! access mine I installed it on my own computer to check it out before I tell her to install it Well Norton popped up downloaded it from logmein s website to tell me worm blocking that it blocked TransScout that apparently was in the exe file I looked that up and it apparently is something Remote access to computer question! hackers use to get control of your computer So now I need to know do I need this TransScout thing for the program to work or is this something bad that was put into the program I am Remote access to computer question! not trying to HACK maliciously I just want to be able to help a friend who is an hour away with her computer I didn t know though if I need this TransScout thing in order to do it though Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 69.66%

I have a user that will be going out of town and I am assuming they will have internet access from their hotel. They will be traveling with a Mac computer and will need to access a windows PC. I don't think they have a firewall. PC Anywhere used to have something, any other ideas?

Relevancy 69.66%

Hi,

The scenario is an office with multiple workstations, 1 ADSL fixed IP connection, domain member workstations peer-to-peer through a switch. The domain server is at a remote location. I want to RDP into a specific workstation. What I've been considering are the following - maybe/hopefully there is a better way.

1) Multihome the target computer so users can RDP direct to it but also be on the LAN. This should be fine but the problem is then how do the other boxes get an internet connection?

2) Install Windows Server on the target box or some other one in the office and use RRAS/VPN to connect.

Thoughts/suggestions appreciated.

A:Remote access to a specific computer on a LAN

Hello,

If you are thinking of having a Windows Server just to do remote access, you'll to configure Remote Desktop Services (previously known as Terminal Services) and buy CALS and can be very pricey.

It might be inexpensive to try business remote programs such as LogMeIn, GoToAssist, etc., more selections here. There's no need for to buy a server and the configuration is pretty simple.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/313806-remote-access-specific-computer-lan.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I remember I saw somewhere that there is a software package or a download that you can install on your computer that would allow a person to access another computer to help that person with a problem.

We need something easy for my mother (in Wisconsin) to be able to command so her son (in Japan) can help her out when she has a problem and be able to access her computer from his thousands of miles away.

Does anyone know what would be an easy package that could be downloaded on both her computer and his so he can access her computer to help her out when she screws things up?

Relevancy 69.66%

Hi guys I have problems after I rebooted my laptop Windows XP home I switch on Symantec firewall and got these messages overtimes quot Remote system is trying to access your computer quot quot svc exe is trying to access internet to access computer system Remote is trying my connection using IE quot and prompt me Remote system is trying to access my computer whether to allow or block even in the start-up of the machine Weird things happened when files and folders Symantec and some programs such as quot netman com quot are shared installed and trying to access internet connection using Firefox or Explorer therefore I googled and downloaded getservices and found out that I have this quot fast user switching compatibility quot running svc exe and a whole list more that are being shared with or without my knowledge and many of these Remote system is trying to access my computer services have to do with Windows NT I ve alot of third party cookies thats pops up from my privacy settings I ll paste hijackthis log here I ll paste getservices log next if you guys need for analyze Thanks guys for your time hope that I get help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system ibmpmsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec Client Firewall ISSVC exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system IPSSVC EXE C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities AcPrfMgrSvc exe C Program Files ThinkPad Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkService exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec Client Firewall SymSPort exe C Program Files Common Files Lenovo tvt reg monitor svc exe C WINDOWS System TPHDEXLG EXE C WINDOWS system TpKmpSVC exe C Program Files Lenovo Rescue and Recovery rrservice exe C Program Files Common Files Lenovo Scheduler tvtsched exe C Program Files Lenovo Rescue and Recovery ADM IUService exe C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities AcSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Lenovo Logger logmon exe C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities SvcGuiHlpr exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Lenovo Client Security Solution cssauth exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C PROGRA ThinkPad UTILIT EzEjMnAp Exe C WINDOWS system TpShocks exe C Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkIcon exe C PROGRA Lenovo PkgMgr HOTKEY TPHKMGR exe C Program Files Lenovo PkgMgr HOTKEY TPONSCR exe C Program Files Lenovo PkgMgr HOTKEY TpScrex exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C PROGRA THINKV PrdCtr LPMGR exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files ThinkVantage AMSG Amsg exe C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopIndex exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Lenovo AwayTask AwaySch EXE C Program Files Common Files Lenovo Scheduler scheduler proxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C P... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remote-system-is-trying-to-access-my-computer.814822/
Relevancy 68.8%

So I met a co worker who pretended to be friends with me I invited him over and let him use the computer while I was away to the gas station I suspect that he did something and gained remote access to my computer I found out about it when I checked my wireless connections on my router and found his name on the network Steve s - Iphone and a couple of unfamiliar connections I then computer my to through network access has remote wireless Someone opened my task manager and ended some tasks I thought were possibly infected When I went back to the wireless status the unfamiliar connections disappeared Then few minutes later my mouse froze and this guy messaged me talking trash I checked the wireless connections and they were back Right now I have my wireless turned off and I think I am safe I use Norton firewall kaspersky internet security and my Someone has remote access to my computer through wireless network virus definitions have always been up to date but I cannot detect anything I also set my options to permit only MAC authenticated computers and changed my wireless WPA WPA key but everytime I turn my wireless on this guy somehow is connected to my network Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Someone has remote access to my computer through wireless network Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C Users rob AppData Roaming Spotify spotify exe C Users rob AppData Roaming Spotify Data SpotifyWebHelper exe C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus Someone has remote access to my computer through wireless network avp exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Razer Synapse RzSynapse exe C Windows SysWOW NOTEPAD EXE C Windows SysWOW NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO IEVkbdBHO - AB -E D - F -A A - FA CCA C - C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus ievkbd dll O - BHO Norton Identity Protection - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Norton Vulnerability Protection - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine IPS IPSBHO DLL O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GR A DLL O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files x Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO l... Read more

Relevancy 68.8%

I've college internet with 20MB per download limit which I feel is very low..On the same network, there are lab computers with unlimited d/l limit(obviously some firewall will prevent access).I want to access lab's internet using SSH tunneling so my PC has unlimited d/l coz i've heard many people have done it in our clg.Also there is something called "squid" on our college's network which prevents access to most sites.Please tell me the steps.

A:access remote computer's internet using putty

I don't think so you can use SSH to share internet connection.....
maybe they are using it as Proxy to overcome any firewall....

Here is tutorial by mushroomHEADBANGERS on how to use it on windows....(Its far more easier on linux)
Part 1 : Bypass ANY Firewall/Hide Traffic - SSH (Part 1 of 2) - YouTube
Part 2 : Bypass ANY Firewall/Hide Traffic - SSH (Part 2 of 2) - YouTube
And (squid/2.7.STABLE9)is a proxy (squid : Optimising Web Delivery) not firewall...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/221014-access-remote-computers-internet-using-putty.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I keep stumbling upon web browsing history that seems impossible since I am not on my computer at that time and no one else has physical access to my computer The web history that shows up is always sites that my boyfriend goes to his facebook his gaming sites his forums etc I asked him how this was possible and he told me that some pages just refresh themselves and it will show up in the browser history I don t know much about computers so I can t tell if that is true A few months ago I stumbled onto a document that was saved to my comp instructing someone on how to remotely access someone elses computer I didn t know what that meant at the time so I didn t suspect a thing Investigating this further I found a lot of settings on my computer changed The remote access box was checked so I unchecked it my firewall has my to my if remote to boyfriend trying figure computer out access was turned off so I turned it back on I looked on into the multiple users thing but only see one username I did a scan to make sure there are no keyloggers installed I used spybot search and destroy trying to figure out if my boyfriend has remote access to my computer for that It found a few toolbar things and seemingly harmless shopping things I also looked into the LAN settings but there was no IP put in to allow access Basically my main question would be how is all of his browser history showing up on my computer in the middle of the night when he isnt here And how can I stop that because it showed up again this morning despite my attempts to block any remote access Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce nForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer EM SM EM PM Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:trying to figure out if my boyfriend has remote access to my computer

Also, is it possible that if I am logged into my boyfriends Google Chrome account on my comp and he is on his own comp that we can see each others browser history? That's the only explanation I can come up with.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trying-to-figure-out-if-my-boyfriend-has-remote-access-to-my-computer.1064927/
Relevancy 68.8%

my problem.. my father needs help often with his computer.. i can do remote access from my pc to hisc ... but i have to go through the steps over the phone with him everytime... which is confusing for him ... how can i gain remote access to his pc anytime he needs it with out having to talk him through everytime.. can this be done through windows remote or should i use something like connect to my pc third party program...
im running vista and he is running win7... but i do have access to windows 7 pc.. and am getting ready to buy a new win 7 machine... please please please help... thanks

A:Solved: remote access to computer anytime

I use the free logmein.com version to connect to some family pc's - it just needs to be up and running for me to get access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-remote-access-to-computer-anytime.957438/
Relevancy 68.8%

I am hiring a personal assistant and am providing her with a tablet.  I need to have remote access to her computer so I can get on it and train her and add things to her computer.  I used to use logmein.  Does anyone have any advice on a good way to go about this?  I prefer free of course.  I would also like to be able to transfer files on her computer.  

A:best free remote computer access program?

Google Remote Desktop - popular where I work, people seem to like it. It's free.

Team Viewer - free for "personal use"

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/629717/best-free-remote-computer-access-program/
Relevancy 68.8%

Only in the last few weeks I have been having weird things happening like receiving unusual amp fake email and not receiving things I normally receive Beginning Oct th I have had trojans been finding TONS of tracking cookies and my security program said something like quot New IP address found quot times and quot Private wireless network Recently computer my to remote discovered access detected between my computer and another computer quot as well quot to Internet quot Before this I have not had even one threat infection warning or anything show since I have owned this computer almost yrs New quot Automatic quot connection for my wireless channel along with the I usually connect to through my condo Several new programs and or add-ons have been installed and even though I lockdown I can't get rid of all of them and they keep re-enabling themselves EVEN IF I'M LOCKEDDOWN AND DO NOT TURN ON OR USE MY COMPUTER Also found different quot people accounts quot connected in Recently discovered remote access to my computer my network places MShome not counting me and in Workgroup This is a home desktop computer using Wifi Condo I do not do ANY social networking or chatting type of thing surfing etc Computer is basically only used for rare email and occasional homework I have done my best to clean this up but does anyone have a clue I also tried to get the dds txt and other logs to you but it won't let me Hope you get the zip Thanks

A:Recently discovered remote access to my computer

Hello CherokeeRose,

What do you mean 'it won't let you'? What happens when you try to run dds.scr?

What program found and removed the 7 trojans you mentioned? What were the names of the trojans? If you have reports that were saved, it would be helpful to see them.

The file you attached in your first post is the gmer.exe executable file, not the report. Did you have any trouble running gmer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/recently-discovered-remote-access-to-my-computer-525666.html
Relevancy 68.8%

My elderly father was taken in by some kind of pop-up ad that claimed he had viruses when he was online He clicked on it and he filled out their form Access I Remote Should Someone What Granted Do Father To Computer; His My so they called him and My Father Granted Someone Remote Access To His Computer; What Should I Do before I m aware of any of this he had granted them remote access to his computer They are a company called Rhombus located supposedly in Texas although they all seem to have Indian accents They got him to agree to pay them over for continued technical support They re supposed to send FedEx to his house today to pick up his check I ve told him I think it s a rip-off That tech support supposedly includes a lifetime subscription to Malwarebytes I also turned off the computer so they can t get remote access without us knowing it and I told him not to touch it until I have a chance to look at it I want to disconnect the computer from the router so they can t stop me from deleting the software they installed that allows remote access They left a shortcut for it on the desktop so it can be easily found but I don t remember the name of the software I m posting from work Thing is I don t really know what else they may have done to the computer It may have files or software that is hidden and I m not sure how to find it I also noticed that our Wifi that I use to access the internet for my own PC laptop and tablets is down so I can t get online I checked and it says I have access to a Wifi network which seems to be a new one that isn t the one we usually use but I still can t get online So I d like some advice on how to clean his PC of whatever he did to it and to re-establish our Wifi and get rid of the one they installed Thanks nbsp

A:My Father Granted Someone Remote Access To His Computer; What Should I Do

Welcome to MajorGeeks!

Sorry, about my first post - I have been up all night.
*Do NOT pay anymore money out on that scam!

jrasicmark said:

I also noticed that our Wifi that I use to access the internet for my own PC, laptop, and tablets is down, so I can't get online.Click to expand...

There is nothing that we can do for you & your Dad without logs to review.

Regretfully,
dr.m

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/my-father-granted-someone-remote-access-to-his-computer-what-should-i-do.304529/
Relevancy 68.8%

I keep getting a message for Norton Internet Security as follows: "A remote system is attemping to access your computer." It pops up about every minute to 5 minutes. What can I do about this.

Linda

Relevancy 68.8%

Hi again Would Norton ever try to conect remotely to my computer About a week ago I was doing about six things on the computer and also was getting yelled at said I to remote computer, it access permitted Norton... was it a by my daughter In the middle of that scene a Norton Internet Security Alert popped up saying that a remote computer was trying to access my computer and it identified the application as Norton something I don t remember if the NIS alert screen had four options Automatically Configure Permit Block I permitted access to a remote computer, it said it was Norton... Customize - having four options is good because the quot Automatically Configure quot means Norton recognizes the application I DIDN T KNOW THAT AT THE TIME If it shows only three options everything but quot Automatically Configure quot it means it doesn t recognize it and I guess that s not so good See here http service symantec com SUPPOR rch other html amp sone nis tasks html amp tpre I just can t rememember if there were three or four selections because I didn t have that information at the time All I saw was quot Norton quot and so I checked quot Permit quot Of course when things settled down I realized I had probably made a big mistake I did scans with Tds and The Cleaner and they said nothing was found But since I let it in would they have found it If you allow something does it somehow become NOT a trojan Also I ve been to the Norton Knowledge Base trying to see if they ever connect remotely to me But I couldn t find anything I guess I thought it was Live Update doing something but now realize that it has never asked me before Yesterday I found a Norton Knowledge Base page that described trojans and some relation to Norton and asking for permission via NIS alert I tried to find it again but I don t know what search terms I used and I just can t find it and am getting frustrated It listed a ton of trojans and how to remove them But I don t know what I might have When I was reading it yesterday it seemed like the only way to find out f I had one was to go into the Registry and look for each one separately - that can t be right There are no new entries on the Internet Access Control list but I don t know if that means anything I don t know what else to do since scans are clean So here I am again I will keep looking for that page so I can give you a link But I m frustrated by how difficult the Knowledge Base is to navigate Thanks for any help nbsp

A:I permitted access to a remote computer, it said it was Norton...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-permitted-access-to-a-remote-computer-it-said-it-was-norton.115345/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi, I have a Mac, but I figure it doesn't matter because my question is about my firewall alert.
I got an alert tonight telling me "The remote computer _____ is trying to access your Word documents. Do you want to allow?
I hit block, then turned my computer off.
Followed by me saying "$%!$" I should have written down the address that was trying to access my files!"

Anyway, I was wondering if there is ANY way in Hell to try and get a Firewall report and retrieve the address.
If anyone can help me, that would be great!!

I've never had this happen before, and thought "Was I on any weird websites?"

I remember looking through Yahoo! Photos of a couple celebrities, and maybe that did it.
Otherwise, nothing new or scandalous.
Thanks guys.
B

A:Remote Computer attempting to access my Word Documents

Without knowing the firewall I doubt if you'll get specific answers (and almost certainly not from me as you're using a Mac) but generically, if your firewall is set to log events (and most are by default) then you should see it in the firewall's log. If you also had it set to create a new rule then it should also be in the rules database.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remote-computer-attempting-to-access-my-word-documents.882447/
Relevancy 67.94%

This is so annoying I have setup have I VNC denying computer, remote reboot R/W FTP access, Need to is full a Windows computer at a remote place and now I can't really access it It has the latest version of TightVNC installed but it only asks for password and then quot gracefully closed the connection quot something like that Filezilla FTP server is installed Need to reboot remote computer, VNC is denying access, I have full R/W FTP and I have full R W access to all drives incl C to this I can connect just fine No-IP service is running on it so I can find it's IP - Can I reboot the computer somehow - Can I restart the TightVNC service somehow - Can I install and run another VNC software - Can I activate a command shell or windows own remote desktop - Can I Need to reboot remote computer, VNC is denying access, I have full R/W FTP run commands with FTP commands - Can I change or remove a Windows system file to make it reboot - Anything Some ports are open such as some FTP amp PASV Need to reboot remote computer, VNC is denying access, I have full R/W FTP ports the VNC port might be open but I disabled secure ftp features since I couldn't make it work Later this week my brother can reboot it manually but at this moment no one is at that place I don't want to shut it down I need it rebooted or TightVNC restarted Or somehow manage to connect to TightVNC never had any trouble with TightVNC before but this was the last time I'm using it I'll say

A:Need to reboot remote computer, VNC is denying access, I have full R/W FTP

1) If you don't have the correct username and password, TightVNC "gracefully closes the connection".

2) FTP doesn't include a "reboot the computer" command.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/need-to-reboot-remote-computer-vnc-is-denying-access-i-have-full-r-w-ftp-777786.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by mike administrator on M - - Running from C Users mxxx DownloadsLoaded Profiles m Available Profiles Platform Windows X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode NormalTutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool on hacker/remote check. a my have Please computer. trojan Might access http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry Might have a hacker/remote access trojan on my computer. Please check. is included in the fixlist the process Might have a hacker/remote access trojan on my computer. Please check. will be closed The file will not be moved C Program Files Hewlett-Packard SimplePass cachesrvr exe Softex Inc C Program Files Hewlett-Packard SimplePass OmniServ exe AMD C Windows System atiesrxx exe Hewlett-Packard Company C Windows System hpservice exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA Might have a hacker/remote access trojan on my computer. Please check. RTKAUDIOSERVICE EXE AVAST Software C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe SUPERAntiSpyware com C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCore exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE a AdaptiveSleepService exe Advanced Micro Devices Inc C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Fuel Fuel Service exe Apple Inc C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe BlueStack Systems Inc C Program Files x BlueStacks HD-LogRotatorService exe BlueStack Systems Inc C Program Files x BlueStacks HD-UpdaterService exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Skype Toolbars AutoUpdate SkypeC CAutoUpdateSvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Skype Toolbars PNRSvc SkypeC CPNRSvc exe Nuance Communications Inc C Program Files x Nuance Dragon Notes Core DACore exe Hewlett-Packard Development Company L P C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP System Event HPWMISVC exe Apple Inc C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe Hewlett-Packard Company C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Support Framework HPSA Service exe Hewlett-Packard Company C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe AMD C Windows System atieclxx exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVBg exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe IvoSoft C Program Files Classic Shell ClassicStartMenu exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard SimplePass opvapp exe Hewlett-Packard C Program Files Hewlett-Packard SimplePass HPSmplPass exe Hewlett-Packard C Program Files Hewlett-Packard SimplePass OPBHOBroker exe Hewlett-Packard C Program Files Hewlett-Packard SimplePass OPBHOBrokerDsktop exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtkNGUI exe Spotify Ltd C Users lt name removed gt AppData Roaming Spotify SpotifyWebHelper exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System GWX GWX exe Skype Technologies S A C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe Microsoft Corporation C Users lt name removed gt AppData Local Microsoft BingSvc BingSvc exe SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe CyberLink C Program Files x CyberLink Power Go CLMLSvc P G exe Hewlett-Packard Development Company L P C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP CoolSense CoolSense exe Hewlett-Packard Company C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP D DriveGuard AccelerometerSt exe AVAST Software C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe Hewlett-Packard Development Company L P C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP System Event HPMSGSVC exe Apple Inc C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe Advanced Micro Devices Inc C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe ATI Technologies Inc C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google... Read more

A:Might have a hacker/remote access trojan on my computer. Please check.

Additional scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (x64) Version:27-01-2016Ran by m (2016-02-06 20:14:27)Running from C:\Users\m\DownloadsWindows 8.1 (X64) (2014-05-16 04:23:28)Boot Mode: Normal==========================================================  ==================== Accounts: ============================= Administrator (S-1-5-21-3296729069-2740364338-1113590800-500 - Administrator - Disabled)Guest (S-1-5-21-3296729069-2740364338-1113590800-501 - Limited - Disabled)HomeGroupUser$ (S-1-5-21-3296729069-2740364338-1113590800-1004 - Limited - Enabled)m (S-1-5-21-3296729069-2740364338-1113590800-1002 - Administrator - Enabled) => C:\Users\m ==================== Security Center ======================== (If an entry is included in the fixlist, it will be removed.) AV: avast! Antivirus (Enabled - Up to date) {17AD7D40-BA12-9C46-7131-94903A54AD8B}AS: avast! Antivirus (Enabled - Up to date) {ACCC9CA4-9C28-93C8-4B81-AFE241D3E736} ==================== Installed Programs ====================== (Only the adware programs with "Hidden" flag could be added to the fixlist to unhide them. The adware programs should be uninstalled manually.) 4 Elements II (x32 Version: 2.2.0.98 - WildTangent) Hidden7-Zip 9.20 (x64 edition) (HKLM\...\{23170F69-40C1-2702-0920-000001000000}) (Version: 9.20.00.0 - Igor Pavlov)Adobe Flash Player 20 NPAPI (HKLM-x32\...\Adobe Flash Player NPAPI) (Version: 20.0.0.286 - Adobe Systems Incorporated)Adobe Shockwave Player 12.0 (HKLM-x32\...\Adobe Shockwave Player) (Version: 12.0.4.144 - Adobe Systems, Inc.)Airport Mania (x32 Version: 2.2.0.95 - WildTangent) HiddenAmazon Kindle (HKU\S-1-5-21-3296729069-2740364338-1113590800-1002\...\Amazon Kindle) (Version:  - Amazon)AMD Catalyst Install Manager (HKLM\...\{301D3AA1-5DCC-FCFD-622E-3C7CBA87C80F}) (Version: 8.0.915.0 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.)Apple Application Support (HKLM-x32\...\{83CAF0DE-8D3B-4C37-A631-2B8F16EC3031}) (Version: 3.1 - Apple Inc.)Apple Mobile Device Support (HKLM\...\{BDD99690-3541-4619-9D2A-3CDDB3E15F9E}) (Version: 8.0.5.6 - Apple Inc.)Apple Software Update (HKLM-x32\...\{789A5B64-9DD9-4BA5-915A-F0FC0A1B7BFE}) (Version: 2.1.3.127 - Apple Inc.)Avast Free Antivirus (HKLM-x32\...\Avast) (Version: 11.1.2253 - AVAST Software)Azkend 2: The World Beneath (x32 Version: 2.2.0.98 - WildTangent) HiddenBejeweled 3 (x32 Version: 2.2.0.98 - WildTangent) HiddenBlueStacks App Player (HKLM-x32\...\BlueStacks App Player) (Version: 0.9.4.4078 - BlueStack Systems, Inc.)BlueStacks Notification Center (HKLM-x32\...\{152E0B21-19D5-4772-9EF8-8E76074B0C0A}) (Version: 0.9.4.4078 - BlueStack Systems, Inc.)Bonjour (HKLM\...\{6E3610B2-430D-4EB0-81E3-2B57E8B9DE8D}) (Version: 3.0.0.10 - Apple Inc.)Bounce Symphony (x32 Version: 2.2.0.97 - WildTangent) HiddenBuild-a-lot (x32 Version: 2.2.0.98 - WildTangent) HiddenClassic Shell (HKLM\...\{840C85B7-D3D6-4143-9AF9-DAE80FD54CFC}) (Version: 4.1.0 - IvoSoft)Cradle Of Egypt Collector's Edition (x32 Version: 2.2.0.110 - WildTangent) HiddenCradle of Rome 2 (x32 Version: 2.2.0.98 - WildTangent) HiddenCurse at Twilight (x32 Version: 3.0.2.32 - WildTangent) HiddenCyberLink LabelPrint (HKLM-x32\...\InstallShield_{C59C179C-668D-49A9-B6EA-0121CCFC1243}) (Version: 2.5.5.6902 - CyberLink Corp.)CyberLink Media Suite 10 (HKLM-x32\...\InstallShield_{1FBF6C24-C1fD-4101-A42B-0C564F9E8E79}) (Version: 10.0.6.3728 - CyberLink Corp.)Cyberlink PhotoDirector (HKLM-x32\...\InstallShield_{39337565-330E-4ab6-A9AE-AC81E0720B10}) (Version: 3.0.4.4824 - CyberLink Corp.)CyberLink Power2Go 8 (HKLM-x32\...\InstallShield_{2A87D48D-3FDF-41fd-97CD-A1E370EFFFE2}) (Version: 8.0.5.3228 - CyberLink Corp.)CyberLink PowerDirector 10 (HKLM-x32\...\InstallShield_{B0B4F6D2-F2AE-451A-9496-6F2F6A897B32}) (Version: 10.0.5.3304 - CyberLink Corp.)CyberLink PowerDVD 12 (HKLM-x32\...\InstallShield_{B46BEA36-0B71-4A4E-AE41-87241643FA0A}) (Version: 12.0.3.3709 - CyberLink Corp.)CyberLink YouCam (HKLM-x32\...\InstallShield_{01FB4998-33... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/604725/might-have-a-hackerremote-access-trojan-on-my-computer-please-check/
Relevancy 67.94%

How can I do a remote access of regedt.exe or regedit32.exe on another machine.

O/S on both PC's Win2K Prof.
What I have done:

Remote machine is on, stuck in a questionable state

On active machine I use the following:

cmd
[ii] In CMD Window => net use \\remote_computer_name\IPC$ /user:administrator *
[iii] Password prompt => admin password entered
[iv] <= connection successful
[v] => regedt.exe --- However this takes me to the registry of the active and not the remote machine.
How do I get to the registry of the remote platform ?

A:Solved: Remote computer access of regedt or regedit32

Help file

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-remote-computer-access-of-regedt-or-regedit32.834474/
Relevancy 67.94%

ok somebody else has access to my computer i have macafee antivirus software and macafee stinger computer access trojan on or keylogger has tsomebody my remote ive also got tsomebody has remote access trojan or keylogger on my computer windows tsomebody has remote access trojan or keylogger on my computer defender free version of malwarebytes and a kaspersky virus removal tool but none of these find the rat when the rat is being used my virus software is turned of along with the firewalls the rat comes and goes but shuts my computer down unenabelig me to run netstat or anything else i could do with soome help if possible detecting it deleting it and more importantly tracing the ip adress of tsomebody has remote access trojan or keylogger on my computer where its coming from if possible thankyou voices come through my speakers cd tray opens etc and computer functions become un useable DDS Ver - - - NTFS x Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by User at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT AV McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Enabled Updated signature-cached-Fri May SP McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Enabled Updated signature-cached-Fri May SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated signature-cached-Fri May FW McAfee Firewall Enabled signature-cached-Fri May Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system Ati evxx exe C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system Ati evxx exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Motorola SMSERIAL sm hlpr exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee Platform mcuicnt exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Mcafee McSvcHost McSvHost exe C Windows system mfevtps exe C ProgramData Skype Toolbars Skype C C Service c c service exe C Program Files Common Files AVG Secure Search vToolbarUpdater ToolbarUpdater exe C Program Files Common Files AVG Secure Search vToolbarUpdater loggingserver exe C Program Files McAfee MSC McAPExe exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee AMCore mcshield exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exe C Windows system rundll exe C Program Files Common Files Mcafee Platform McSvcHost McSvHost exe C Windows System WUDFHost exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows System mobsync exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD saui exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxps www google co uk mStart Page about blank BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper signature-cached-Fri May - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO signature-cached-Fri May - lt orphaned gt BHO Google Toolbar H... Read more

A:tsomebody has remote access trojan or keylogger on my computer

Hello and welcome to BC!I would counsel you to disconnect this PC from the Internet immediately. If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.Though the trojan can be identified and can be killed, because of it's backdoor functionality, your PC is very likely compromised and there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of trojan, the best course of action would be a reformat and reinstall of the OS. Please read these for more information:How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?When Should I Format, How Should I ReinstallWe can still try tp clean this machine but I can't guarantee that it will be 100% secure afterwards. Let me know what you decide to do.regardsmyrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541995/tsomebody-has-remote-access-trojan-or-keylogger-on-my-computer/
Relevancy 67.94%

Got home from work on Friday and discovered someone using my PC via a remote LogMeIn session my LogMeIn account They were searching the filesystem for a keylogging program that I had found and disabled earlier that morning OGB exe - apparenly Ardamax Keylogger I yanked out the network cable and changed all my passwords from a different computer one that I m pretty confident was not compromised I know In hindsight it was pretty stupid of me to leave the computer on and connected after discovering full remote computer... gained Attacker my to access the keylogger Friday morning Anyway I Attacker gained full remote access to my computer... need to know if my system is clean I ve posted DDS txt below and attached two files Attach txt amp ARK txt per the bleepingcomputer prep guide Thanks for the help DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Sam at on - - Microsoft Windows Professional GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Disabled Updated A B -DEE -F A-FBCD-ADB C F SP AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Disabled Updated E A -F D -F D -C D- C DBE F D SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF FW ZoneAlarm Firewall Enabled D DF -CFF -F -D C -FCD DFE D E Running Processes C PROGRA AVG AVG avgchsvx exe C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows System ZoneLabs vsmon exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Flip Video FlipShare FlipShareService exe C Program Files Flip Video FlipShareServer FlipShareServer exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files SonicWALL SonicWALL Global VPN Client SWGVCSvc exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C Program Files Common Files Pure Networks Shared Platform nmsrvc exe C Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection Agent Bin AVGIDSAgent exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Logitech Logitech WebCam Software LWS exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files Elaborate Bytes VirtualCloneDrive VCDDaemon exe C Program Files Common Files Pure Networks Shared Platform nmctxth exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Logitech Logitech Vid Vid exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Users Sam AppData Local AbacastDistributedOnDemand Node AbacastDistributedOnDemand exe C Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection agent bin avgidsmonitor exe C Users Sam AppData Local Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit Update Service IntuitUpdateService exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Windows ... Read more

A:Attacker gained full remote access to my computer...

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/415538 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/415538/attacker-gained-full-remote-access-to-my-computer/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello everyone this is my very first post to any forum ever I am the new IT guy at a small company We had our Win DC DNS DHCP VPN server fail and had to reinstall reconfigure server Now it is back can't ping/access some Solved: Can computer computers! but VPN from connect to remote to being the DC DNS DHCP VPN but we have a few VPN problems Remote users can establish VPN connection through PPTP and can connect to most of the resources on the Solved: Can connect to VPN from remote computer but can't ping/access some computers! network There are a few machines accounting server my workstation computer maybe others that I haven t checked that I can t ping or remote into or access shares on What s up with that Any help THANK YOU need anything else I will oblige PDQ You are all my romodel incoming internet looks like this DSL Solved: Can connect to VPN from remote computer but can't ping/access some computers! modem xx xx -- gt DSL Router xx xx amp x -- gt CiscoPIX x -- gt Default GW x -- gt VPN server x Here is the ipconfig all for my remote workstation connected to the VPN C Documents and Settings Owner gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name home Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List domainname com Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description HP EN D-TX PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter Physical Address - -B - -E -F Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address x Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers xx xx Lease Obtained Tuesday November AM Lease Expires Wednesday November AM PPP adapter Travelmore VPN Connection-specific DNS Suffix domainname com Description WAN PPP SLIP Interface Physical Address - - - - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address x Subnet Mask Default Gateway x same as IP DNS Servers Primary WINS Server Secondary WINS Server nbsp

A:Solved: Can connect to VPN from remote computer but can't ping/access some computers!

Thanks, guess this is a crappy forum. No reason I couldn't at least get a "Need more Info" or maybe a "You won't get a solution for this here". In case anyone else has this problem, the solution is here (I don't want to give this crappy site my solution).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-can-connect-to-vpn-from-remote-computer-but-cant-ping-access-some-computers.962907/
Relevancy 67.51%

i have lost all security controls and lots of things are locked down. seems to be running in the recovery drive. need help removing it. thank you in advance.

A:lost control over computer remote access virus of some type

Hi and welcome to the Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum,I am thcbytes and I am here to help you!I ask that you refrain from running tools other than those I suggest to you while I am cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so I know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Please perform all steps in the order received and do not proceed if you need clarification.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems please stop and tell me about it. When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide you with detailed suggestions for prevention.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Watch this topic. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be advised when I respond to your topic by email.Please try to complete the steps and reply at least every 24 hours. If you find that your delayed just post a quick reply here and let me know!! After 5 days if your topic is not replied I will assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.I would also like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please be courteous and appreciative for the assistance provided!Again I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so. Your computer fix will be based on the current condition of your computer! Any changes might delay my ability to help you.<<<<<<<<<<Lastly if you have not already done so you should consider backing up your important data - pictures, documents, etc... Worse case scenario is need for a wipe and reinstall your operating system to its factory settings. Therefore your precious data will be salvaged. There are both free and paid applications available.Cobian BackupDriveImage XMLCrashPlan<<<<<<<<<<Please download Rkill by Grinler from one of the 4 links below (if one of them does not work try another...) and save it to your desktop:Link 1Link 2Link 3Link 4In order for Rkill to run properly you must disable your anti-malware software. Please refer to this page if you are not sure how.Double-click on Rkill. (If you are using Windows Vista, please right-click on it and select Run As Administrator)Note: You may have to run Rkill a few times before it is successful. You may also have to download Rkill from a different link which will save it as a different file name.A black screen will appear and then disappear. Please do not worry, that is normal. This means that the tool has been successfully executed.An Rkill.log will appear. Please copy and paste the contents in your reply (file also located at c:\rkill.log)Do not reboot your computer after running Rkill as the malware programs will start again. If your computer reboots, run Rkill again before continuing on to the next step.If nothing happens or if the tool does not run, please let me know in your next reply.<<<<<<<<<<Download Farbar Recover Scan Tool for either 32 bit or 64 bit systems and save it to your desktop ---> ImportantIf you are unsure if you have 32 bit or 64 bit simply download and try one. If that doesn't run properly the other one shouldDouble click the iconClick Yes to the disclaimerMake sure the Addition.txt box is checkedClick Scan and allow the program to runClick OK on the Scan complete screen, then OK on the Addition.txt pop up screen2 Notepad documents should now be open on your desktop.Please copy and paste the contents of both in your reply<<<<<<<<<<With your next post please provide:RKill logFRST logAdditions logFurther detailed description of your problemsKind regards,thcbytes

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584535/lost-control-over-computer-remote-access-virus-of-some-type/
Relevancy 66.65%

At home I have cable high speed internet, an access point and 3 computers connected to access point. The access point have a IP address, XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX. The 3 computers have static IP addresses as 192.168.0.30, 31 and 32.
How can I connect to any of these computers (lets say telnet to one of the Linux machine) from out side world?

A:Access a computer behind access point at home from outside world

dbdude said:

How can I connect to any of these computers (lets say telnet to one of the Linux machine) from out side world?Click to expand...

You would need to set up port forwarding on your networking hardware from a specific port number on your public IP address to a specific port number on the Linux machine. Telnet typically uses port #23.

If your cable broadband service uses a dynamic IP address then you will need to subscribe to some dynamic DNS service so that people on the outside can connect to your network using its current public IP address.

EDIT: You need to check your ISP's usage policy to make sure they allow running any type of server on your account. If not permitted, they may block incoming connections on some port numbers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-a-computer-behind-access-point-at-home-from-outside-world.876411/
Relevancy 66.65%

My Aunt allowed a phone scammer who called claiming to sure trying to is remote scammer, computer access allowed make clean Aunt they were Windows support remote access to her Aunt allowed remote access to scammer, trying to make sure computer is clean computer and I'm concerned they may have left something on the computer I have run every type of scan I can think of and they've all come back clean I've cleaned up the registry and I've been trying to diagnose Hijackthis logs as well as trying out your logs here if you see anything out of the ordinary or concerning please let me know I've also attached the most recent hijackthis log file DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by Alice at on - - Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT - AV avast Antivirus Enabled Updated AD D -BA - C - - A AD B SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Spybot - Search and Destroy Enabled Outdated BC DF - CCA- D-A -C CA F A B SP avast Antivirus Enabled Updated ACCC CA - C - C - B -AFE D E Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Windows system hasplms exe C Windows SysWOW svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NVIDIA Update Core NvTmru exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv nvstreamsvc exe C Program Files x VSMSoftware DEmbroidery EmbMachineComms exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NVIDIA Update Core daemonu exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv nvstreamsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system svchost exe -k HPService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows System WUDFHost exe C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDTray exe C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDFSSvc exe C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWSCSvc exe C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDUpdSvc exe C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWelcome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp xfinity comcast net tt mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO HP Print Enhancer C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program F... Read more

A:Aunt allowed remote access to scammer, trying to make sure computer is clean

Hello Ikomasoji,my name is Jo and I will help you with your computer problems.Please follow these guidelines:Logs can take a while to research, so please be patient.Read and follow the instructions in the sequence they are posted.print or copy & save instructions.back up all your private data / important files on another (external) drive before using our tools.Do not install / uninstall any applications, unless otherwise instructed.Use only that tools you have been instructed to use.Copy and Paste the log files inside your post, unless otherwise instructed.Ask for clarification, if you have any questions. Stay with this topic til you get the all clean post.My first language is not english. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.***1. Download Security Check by screen317 from here or here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.Vista / Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.***2. Download OTL to your desktop.Double click on the icon to run it.Vista / Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt.Note: These logs can be located in the OTL folder on your C:\ drive if they fail to open automatically.Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply. You may need two posts to fit them both in.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/530070/aunt-allowed-remote-access-to-scammer-trying-to-make-sure-computer-is-clean/
Relevancy 64.93%

I was just wondering what the best way is to access my home computer through a different computer while I am away from home. My O/S os Windows xp home edition. Any help would be appreciatted. Thanks.

A:Access computer away from home

Try looking at remote access which is a feature of XP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-computer-away-from-home.513267/
Relevancy 64.93%

Is there a program out there that allows me to access my home computer when I am away, so that I can access files on that computer. Or would the best option be to back up everything on my computer to the cloud or dropbox and access the files that way..

Relevancy 64.5%

I previously routinely logged into my daughters computer (running Vista Business X64 behind the firewall at her university's network) via TS Web Access.She upgraded the system to Windows 7 Ultimate to solve a video card issue and now the Remote Desktop login fails.  I can get to the machine through the gateway but it gives the "The username or password in incorrect message" on every attempt.I can have someone log using Remote Desktop from the internal network just fine using the absolute same username/password.I have had her check all of the remote settings multiple times (I have seached this one extensively).  Can anyone suggest what the problem may be and a solution.  Or even a method to diagnose would be helpful.This is a critical issue for me since she is near clueless.

A:The username or password is incorrect when attempting login to remote computer running Windows 7 Ultimate via TS Web Access

I found my own answer to this issue after I got acces to the machine physically and was able to view the security logs for the failed login attempts.  For some reason windows seven required that I use the entire computer name \\computer name\account name\ to get to the machine whereas Vista did not require full name.  Problem solved as long as I use the full name convention for the computer as expectedf behind the ts gateway.  Also don't pass the ts gateway credentials on to the remote computer as this causes it to want to log on with those creditials at the machine.    

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/58ca2919-7ad8-412b-be10-32c6e7661f44/the-username-or-password-is-incorrect-when-attempting-login-to-remote-computer-running-windows-7?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 64.5%

hi there i have a vista based pc and laptop, with a wireless network router netgear wpn24. my laptop is connected wirelessly and cpu is wired to router, my problem is a few days ago i lost the ability to access my shared files on the pc. when i try, the id password window pops up and i never had a password or user id set up before.. i have always had that problem with the pc being able to acess the laptop but never the other way around... plz help i have turned firewall off on both pc and laptop and that didnt help.. i can acess the internet through the router with both computers just not eachother

A:Trying to access my other computer on my home network

Turn off Password protected sharing first.

Click on
Start
Control Panel
Network & Internet
Network & Sharing Center
Password Protected Sharing...Switch to off!

Good luck hope this solves your problem...

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/205087-trying-access-my-other-computer-my-home-network.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi All,

I have a problem with a computer on my home network in a Workgroup. I can make the computer appear using the search function or using the "View Workgroup Computers" under Network Tasks, but when I click on it to try to see the shares, i get an error message:

\\Laptop is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the amdinistrator of the Network.....

Simple File Sharing has been turned on.
All computers are using Windows XP. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
George

A:Can't access computer on home network

Did you run network setup wizard for both computers? If not, then that should be your first step.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-access-computer-on-home-network.54753/
Relevancy 64.5%

My home LAN has my desktop Gigabit connected to a Virgin Media "Superhub2 ac". My laptop is connected to a Netgear Ethernet switch which then connects to the Superhub2 ac.
On startup, both computers can access web pages and the Superhub settings. Sometime later and only with the desktop computer Chrome or Firefox browsers will not open any web pages, or if they do they might take five minutes or so to open any tabbed pages.
Both computers use Windows 10 Home 64 bit. Using Speedtest.net I get 219.07Mbps/12.28Mbps.
I use AVG Internet Protection paid for version but even with this disabled, web pages have the circling arrow and do not open.

An addition point is that my Desktop computer also has Wi-Fi and when the web page problem occurs I can still connect to pages if I use the Wi-Fi.

Can anyone help me solve this?

A:One computer on home LAN keeps losing web access

Originally Posted by Beemer

My home LAN has my desktop Gigabit connected to a Virgin Media "Superhub2 ac". My laptop is connected to a Netgear Ethernet switch which then connects to the Superhub2 ac.
On startup, both computers can access web pages and the Superhub settings. Sometime later and only with the desktop computer Chrome or Firefox browsers will not open any web pages, or if they do they might take five minutes or so to open any tabbed pages.
Both computers use Windows 10 Home 64 bit. Using Speedtest.net I get 219.07Mbps/12.28Mbps.
I use AVG Internet Protection paid for version but even with this disabled, web pages have the circling arrow and do not open.

An addition point is that my Desktop computer also has Wi-Fi and when the web page problem occurs I can still connect to pages if I use the Wi-Fi.

Can anyone help me solve this?

Hi there

Don't know too much about Virgin media but doesn't the box if it's like most cable / fibre systems these days have 4 Ethernet ports on the router box so my question is why do you need the switch. Can't you simply connect the Ethernet directly from both systems.

Sorry if this sounds crazy - perhaps I haven't understood your configuration.

Check also quality of LAN cables --loose or broken plastic things (the connection bits) often get broken and don't make good connection. Also for LAN - this is an area where skimping on cheap cable is false economy.

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/69593-one-computer-home-lan-keeps-losing-web-access.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I am having trouble forwarding ports on my BT Home Hub 2.0, I have setup a VNC server on my desktop machine at home, I have set this up to use port 2020.

On my laptop (on my home LAN) if I open a web browser and type "192.168.1.199:2020" I get the VNC viewer applet in the web browser and can control the PC through this remote interface.

So I login to my BT Home Hub and I manually setup the port forward settings:

Protocol: Any
Port Range: 2020 to 2020
Translate To: 2020
Protocol: Any
Trigger Port: 2020
Accessing my VNC server just isn't working which is really strange because I'm 110% that I've set everything up properlly! Maybe its time to sack off the crappy BT router and get something that actually works... I used to have this setup perfectly in my last house with a different router.
Any ideas?

A:Remote Access through BT Home Hub 2.0

I suggest using the standard ports for VNC, which would be 5900 for the first (or only) screen.

Next, try GoToMyVNC to test if your firewall rules are all good and it can see the VNC server.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remote-access-through-bt-home-hub-2-0.876333/
Relevancy 64.07%

Does home 7 have the ability to access someones computer or do you need 7 professional

A:can you use remote access on home 7

It has the remote desktop client. So you can remote into any computer that has terminal services.

You cannot remote into Home versions of MS operating systems.
Posted via Mobile Device

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-you-use-remote-access-on-home-7.908087/
Relevancy 64.07%

Evening all

Just wanted some advice on remote connecting to my machines on my LAN. I have a desktop running Win 7 Home, a laptop running Win 7 Pro and my media machine running Win 7 Home.

I would really like to access my media machine running Win 7 Home remotely on my LAN from my desktop machine also running Win 7 Home and i wanted to use RDP as it seems straight forward for what i need. I understand that it does not work when trying to remote access from a Home Premium machine to another one which is a real pain! I was wondering as i have full access with RDP on my Laptop running Win 7 Pro could i perhaps copy all the RDP files from the Pro version to my Home Premium version to allow full access to RDP on both my Home Premium machines?

Hope someone can help

Many Thanks

A:Remote access on home LAN

I have great connections with TeamViewer at remote locations & even in the same building over the internet, even when they are on the same network

TeamViewer

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/244847-remote-access-home-lan.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Just reinstalled Win XP on one of my home network computers. I now am denied access to my computer running Win 7, although it has access to the internet connections and can access other network computers. All the other computers (running WinXP) on the network including the Win 7 computer can access the new installed computer.

What could be causing denial of access permission on the new install computer?

Relevancy 63.64%

Hi all,

I would like to access my work computer from my macbook at home.
How can I do that?
Thanks in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/want-to-access-work-computer-from-macbook-at-home.1157098/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello today I discovered a problem with my computer and my home network I have computers networked through my Belkin F d - Wireless G Plus router using a Motorolla Surfboard modem In the past I have had no problem sharing folders and whatnot between the but today when I tried sharing a folder with this computer I was unable to access my MSHOME network The other computers are able to interact with eachother just fine and my computer is even listed in their One access home to computer unable network. workgroup When I try to access the workgroup from the non functional computer I get a message saying quot Mshome is not accessible quot Although I am still able to access the internet on this computer it is a little annoying not being a part of my network Any help or tips would be appreciated Edit Let me just add that in my System menu under the Computer Name tab is says I am a part of the MSHOME network nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

Two computers on the home network Dell computer access home Cannot on network Vista desktop PJ wired to a Belkin router ThinkPad laptop ThinkPad connected wirelessly The desktop PJ can see the laptop ThinkPad and access it s shares On the laptop the desktop name PJ shows up under NETWORK but clicking on the computer name shows quot Windows cannot access PJ quot I have checked the network settings on PJ and the workgroup name and computername are correct The two shared folders on PJ have quot Everyone quot as quot Co-owner quot The desktop PJ is a Dell Inspiron S The router is a Belkin Wireless G Router Model No F D - Internet is via ADSL connection Any help as to why PJ is not accessible would be much appreciated MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by Paul administrator on - - at Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal IE Proxy Settings Proxy is not enabled No Proxy Server is set Hosts content Cannot access Vista computer on home network localhost IP Configuration Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Local Area Connection Connected ---------------------------------- IPv Configuration ---------------------------------- pushd interface ipv reset set global popd End of IPv configuration Windows IP Configuration Host Name pj Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - -E - E- F-D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address Cannot access Vista computer on home network fe c d Cannot access Vista computer on home network cb d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday July PM Lease Expires Tuesday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -CC- - C- - -E - E- F-D DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description isatap Belkin Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e e f fdf Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe e f fdf Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Server resolver opendns com Address Name google com Belkin Address Pinging google com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Server resolver opendns com Address Name yahoo com Belkin Address Pinging yahoo com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Server resolver opendns com Address Name bleepingcomputer com Belkin Address Pinging bleepingcomputer com with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Interface List e e f d Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Software Loopback Interface e isatap Belkin e Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link Persistent Routes None IPv Route Table Active Routes If Metric Network Destination Gateway On-link On-link On-link e e f fdf On-link fe On-link fe On-link ... Read more

A:Cannot access Vista computer on home network

My first thought would be the firewall on the Windows Vista pc is blocking access to it. To turn it off, see this link.I would do this as a test. If it works, turn the firewall back on and we will find exactly which policy/policies are blocking access. If it still doesn't work, we'll look elsewhere.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/460606/cannot-access-vista-computer-on-home-network/
Relevancy 63.64%

Do I need to turn on Network Access Protection for our home computers? Three computers are using the same cellular modem/router - Netgear MBR 1210. They are not networked to each other (which is how we want it). We use Windows 7 Bootcamp on an iMac.

A:Is Network Access Protection necessary on home computer?

No there is no need to, then again if the machines cannot 'talk' to each other it is a moot issue and besides it cannot really be enforced in a Workgroup or Homegroup, unless it is a built in feature of your router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-network-access-protection-necessary-on-home-computer.1147038/
Relevancy 63.21%

I have a user here at work uses a Windows Xp laptop. Right now he is using OWA to view his emails. But how can he be setup to have access to the network to use his public folders and such?
He takes his laptop everywhere goes he would like to have full access to the company network.

Relevancy 63.21%

I have XP Home Edition (SP2) and would like to use the Remote Access feature. However, everything I read suggests it is for XP PROFESSIONAL Ed.

1) Will it work with the Home Edition?

2) I use a router. Is it possible (and realatively easy) to work around the router when accessing from another ISP while I am away on business? I can make VNC work on the three computers I have at home...but can't get any to work remotely if I am on another provider while away from my home.

I would appreciate a response and any suggestions you might have.

A:Remote Access: Will it work on XP HOME Ed???

UltraVNC works with any version of Windows.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remote-access-will-it-work-on-xp-home-ed.457567/
Relevancy 63.21%

I am getting EXTREMELY flustered trying to hook my new laptop, with Vista, to my work computer, which has XP Home (SP2). I think I have tried everything! My work computer has a Novell network on it, and Novell isn't coming out with Vista compatible software until the end of summer, so they say... Due to not being able to get directly into the novell server, I decided to try to work remotely through a VNP or VNC or something of the sort, but nothing seems to be working!!! Can you help me out? Make it easy, I understand a lot, but not if it gets too technical...

A:Remote access help: Vista to XP Home

Well, your work computer doesn't have Remote Desktop, so something like UltraVNC would be my choice. You will have to open port 5900 through the router and/or firewall at work to your work machine's IP address.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remote-access-help-vista-to-xp-home.579072/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi First my setup ISP Comcast Motorola Cable Modem SB WAN ip xxx xxx xxx as reported by Comcast LAN ip Trendnet TEW- network Home access remote BRP Wireless Router wireless not working WAN ip xxx xxx xxx LAN ip - Serves as DHCP server and Home network remote access gateway lt Wired Connections gt Mac Desktop OS X IP Linksys PAP Internet Phone Buffalo WHR-G S Wireless Router IP lt Wired connections gt Desktop Windows XP Linux Mepis lt Wireless connections gt MacBook iBook G Desktop Windows XP Laptop Windows XP Internet connection works fine on all computers What I have problems with is connecting to the Linux web server Specifically I m having trouble getting the devices connected to the Buffalo router to be able to ping each other I ve read some other posts and unerstood that a firewall could be the problem here I can look into that Are there any other common problems that I should check in this area Secondly I want to be able to see my home page on the Linux box remotely from work I set up port forwarding on the Trendnet router for port to Trouble is I get no http reply when I hit either the cable modem s or Trendnet router s WAN IP I can ping both of them successfully and http visualroute visualware com shows both of them ending up at a Comcast location in general area Any ideas as to why this doesn t work Tom nbsp

A:Home network remote access

Failure to ping is almost always a firewall problem, probably about 99.9% of the time if the link works.

Many ISP's block port 80 incoming, that could be the issue here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/home-network-remote-access.690924/
Relevancy 63.21%

I am wondering if there is some way to allow a remote computer access to my home network as if it was local. I have some friends that live out of state and we want to be able to play certain games together and it would be easiest to play with LAN.

I have looked in VPN software, but that is more like creating a secure network within another network. I am wanting my friend's computers to be able to access my network as if it is just another client behind our router. Is this possible?

A:Allow remote access to home network

That is what a VPN is for. It creates a secure tunnel to your network to put his computer on your network. Alot of people use Hamachi to accomplish this task. You could also use Windows built-in VPN server capability.

But if it is just a game then just forward the appropriate ports on your router to your PC and play the game.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/allow-remote-access-to-home-network.841508/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi, I have a friend and her roommate can't stay off her computer.
Is there anyway she can lock it when she is not around?

She needs to keep him off and telling him to stay off it does not work.

Thank you

Relevancy 62.78%

Hello,

We have a laptop from the home access scheme and it runs so slow it's getting unbearable, added to that there is so much spyware on the laptop trying to access the internet this morning was a long and tireing excercise.

Please can somebody help me remove all the junk.

Here is a copy of the log about system details:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, 32 bit
Processor: Celeron(R) Dual-Core CPU T3100 @ 1.90GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2008 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 780 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 137170 MB, Free - 88051 MB;
Motherboard: SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD., R519/R719
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Not Updated

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Phil

Relevancy 62.78%

Hi I have recently reformatted my hard disk and reinstalled windows from scratch Now I'm wanting to make a few tweaks to my system to better help me track computer usage I am trying to eliminate the possibility of quot accidental quot porn being viewed on my computer--AND make sure my quot back door quot is hack proof and no remote access is being used invited or not I would also like a way to view files or logs and see what sites and programs are being run by other users of my computer I'm using AVAST anti-virus and MALWARE BYTES anti malware What windows and DOS Settings to computer home control access internet options commands can I use to make the following changes save deleted files longer and be able to view video image files allow more room for larger file storage so temp files stick around longer keep history from being able to be deleted possible find out if the computer is being launched from DOS mode or Windows Safe mode find out Settings to control home computer internet access when quot private quot or quot incognito quot mode is used find out if file shredder software or other quot privacy quot --aka porn viewing hiding software is installed on my computer Yeah trust issues thanks

A:Settings to control home computer internet access

And yet we meet again... How's it goin'? You might consider Family Safety from Microsoft. It is very effective at blocking "risky" websites and it even reports what has been blocked.But, I still think your best plan of action is to keep a password on your computer's account and not let anybody else use your computer (don't tell anybody your password or leave your computer logged in when it's unattended).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/317572/settings-to-control-home-computer-internet-access/
Relevancy 62.78%

I have two dell desktop computers:

Dell Dimension 2350
Win XP Home SP2
Westell DSL Modem
Broadcom 440X 10/100 integrated controller

Dell Optiplex GX260
Win XP Pro SP2
Connected with network cable
HP EN1207D-TX PCI 10/100 ethernet adaptor

I set-up a home network using the wizard. I can see and access files and printers on both computers(although, it's very slow when opening the GX260 from the 2350) but I can't access the internet on the GX260. The local area connection has "limited or no connectivity" on both machines.

Thanks.

Relevancy 62.78%

Most often when trying to access my domains hosted by godaddy (WordPress or non WordPress) for viewing or editing, the browser (IE 8.0, Firefox or Google Chrome) times out with the "Oops...!" message.  Odd thing is that this only occurs on my WinXP desktop computer and access to all other domains on the net is just fine.  My laptop and all friends around the country are able to access my godaddy domains just fine.  Pings are unobstructed and ftp access is fine.  Problem seems to be only with web browsers.  I can pinpoint when this behavior began and have run Malwarebytes and AVG to scan my hard drive.  Neither succeded in fixing the problem.  I'm baffled?  any ideas?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/488118/little-to-no-access-to-my-godaddy-domains-from-main-home-computer/
Relevancy 62.78%

My facilites manager at work installed vpn access on my acer laptop with Windows Vista Basic He also installed or enabled not sure how that works my remote desktop connection Whenever we test this at work I am able to access my work desktop from my laptop no problem while connected to wired internet I was unable to access the wirless to thru pc to Vpn my at home, unable to access Able wireless remote whatsoever at work using acer Able to access Vpn thru wireless at home, unable to remote to my pc s basic wireless settings Purchased USB Wireless adapter and was finally able to access work wireless Then had no problem connecting to VPN while on work s wireless and no problem remoting in to my desktop When I try this from my wireless connection at home I am able to connect to the VPN however am unable to access my desktop and am unable to ping my desktop as well I have tried turning off firewall tried setting the firewall to allow remote desktop access etc to no avail My work has been unable to help me with this problem as well as my internet provider I also tried connecting my laptop directly to internet at home using ethernet cable am still uable to remote to desktop My computer at work is being left on no screen savers no hibernation windows Have had help by other techs and have done the following Set the port forwarding access on wireless router to allow See attached screen shot labeled port forwarding My work OS is Windows I have no problems accessing remote desktop anywhere OTHER THAN AT HOME Able to access Vpn thru wireless at home, unable to remote to my pc THROUGH MY WIRELESS have a UBEE Info cable modem info ambit broadband DOCSIS Compliant Boot Code Version b Software Version Hardware Version The actual wireless router itself is UBEE model U OC provided through charter cable Trying to give as much info as possible here as I have had several techs try to help me with this problem now to no avail nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/able-to-access-vpn-thru-wireless-at-home-unable-to-remote-to-my-pc.915991/
Relevancy 62.78%

My wife is at a job where it is very abusive and contentious and recently they decided to not renew her contract because she didn't play by insane and illogical rules It is all See Home: History? Work My Can Remote Using From Access a big joke they are offering severance in a hope that she keeps her mouth shut about what's been going on in the organization I no longer want her to be subjected to the stress anxiety and bullying she's faced for almost a year I told her to work via remote access which I assume is a VPN and get away from their craziness I'm concerned that her work could Using Remote Access From Home: Can Work See My History? hack into her system from the remote access and learn of all of the history of our personal network Obviously we have searched about things surrounding this type of workplace influential members of the organization lawyers yada yada yada So what is the most they can track From where can it be tracked--the computer hooked up to the network Could I hide my IP and make it even more difficult to track Etc etc etc Thank you in advance for the crash course in this particular area I really want to get my wife out of there and have her home relaxing and quite possibly drinking her guts out until the severance starts rolling in Thanks cheers

A:Using Remote Access From Home: Can Work See My History?

Your wifes company could not access your local network but they could monitor connections to the company network. I see no reason to use a proxy to hide your IP address and a number why you should not. The problem with using a proxy server is that it attracts attention to the user, that they might have something to hide. The company would not know your IP address but they would know the identity of the logged in user from the login credentials. Seems to me this is the opposite of what you want.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/295810-using-remote-access-home-can-work-see-my-history.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I would like to have remote access to my desktop by my iPad Air2, IOS 9.2.1 & I would like to remote access my sister's laptop running Windows 10 home version. I have wireless connection & she is wired if that makes any difference. The research I have done tells me I need the Pro version at $200 or I need to run a server. I have SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition in my program files that I can run. Will that server allow me to use Remote Desktop? I obviously know nothing about this so please do not be technical in your answers. Do you have any inexpensive suggestions? I would appreciate any help.

A:Remote access for Windows 10 Home Version

Welcome to the forum.

Home editions of Windows (any version) cannot act as a host for Remote Desktop. SQL Server makes no difference.

You will need a third party solution.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/39312-remote-access-windows-10-home-version.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Good Day All Quick question for fellow tech pros at Home Information Access On Xp Remote System bleeping computer forums esp XP Home and Pro Have been able to solve most nearly all and any problems with XP Home and Pro and have referenced and used many posts on this fourm to root cause and solve myriad XP Home and Pro issues Thanks so much for all the tech pros sharing their hard earned expertise on Remote System Information Access On Xp Home this forum Much appreciated This is first time posting and just created user for that purpose to pose a question needing a solution for quite awhile Question Has anyone on this fourm figured out a way to enable remote system information access between XP Home systems or between XP Pro to XP Home systems With XP Pro no problem as long as User name and passwords between systems are synched and set as computer administrators Let s leave firewall issues aside and assume firewall is Remote System Information Access On Xp Home turned off and that all systems are at SP and fully updated Understand how to fully manipulate DCOM WMI and RPC settings etc in registry and have not as yet figured out how to open access to viewing remote system information for XP Home systems If anyone here has resolved this or can provide some targeted info to resolve would be much appreciated Thanks Much and Sincere Regards Skanders

A:Remote System Information Access On Xp Home

Hi .http://windowstipoftheday.blogspot.com/200...assistance.htmlhttp://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/mobility/rdfaq.mspxLogMeIn - Remote Access and Desktop Control Software for your PC - https://secure.logmein.com/home.asp?lang=en ultravnc Remote Support Software, Remote Support tool, Remote Desktop Control, Remote Access Software, PC Remote Control - http://www.uvnc.com/ It all depends on user preferences, IMO.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/170054/remote-system-information-access-on-xp-home/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello I am trying to configure a VPN to connect to my Access Network Home VPN Configuration Remote for to home network so that I can access files on my home computer whilst at the office I have succeeded in being able to access a folder on my home desktop which I added using quot add network location quot on my laptop However while I'm connected through this VPN I am using my home internet connection going in through the router and then back out to the internet So is there a possibility of only using the VPN when I access the files on my home network and use the office internet for browsing etc Is this VPN configuration efficient or are there better ways to get access to files on my home PC remotely VPN Configuration for Remote Access to Home Network Also using this method I believe my router forwards all traffic on the VPN to my main home PC which assigns my laptop an IP Is there anyway that I could just log into the router so that I was just another computer on the home network As is I can only see files on the main home PC but VPN Configuration for Remote Access to Home Network it would be nice as well to have access to my HTPC

A:VPN Configuration for Remote Access to Home Network

You can enable offline files that will sync up docs every time you get back to your home network, but if you have GBs and GBs of file, may not be efficient.

Windows Live Sync
from MS, can sync all of you files and folder between 2 computers free and efficiently. Very awesome for someone who has a PC and laptop.

Dropbox is also another program that can do it.
http://www.getdropbox.com/

I would need to hear more about how you are using the VPN connection and what hardware/method.... if it is just for accessing files, I would use one of the 2 above, preferably Windows Live Sync.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/17836-vpn-configuration-remote-access-home-network.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I have a linksys roughter on myth my computers so they share the internet and i wanded to now how i can control recever computer to this one(thebase computer)
both run on windows xp
if that makes any sense

thanks

Relevancy 62.35%

Hello to all, I am new to this forum so forgive me if I repeat a previous question. A computer I am working on will not allow pop up windows to load. The small jscript type of things. I have tried all I know ( not a buff) like setting internet options in IE. Have made sure java is enabled. But the window will open but will not load. Any ideas greatfuly received.
Don

A:Computer not allowing pop up window

Some would consider that to be a good thing! :D:D

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/computer-not-allowing-pop-up-window-3799.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I have a home network that includes a Win desktop and a Win K desktop My problem is that while I can access the Win computer which happens to be named access computer to in for Password network required Win2K home quot Bill quot from the Win computer which is named quot Pat quot when I try to go in the opposite direction I get a window asking for a password to access the Pat files The window reads quot You must supply a password to make this connection quot Then below that quot Resource Pat IPC quot Then a window for the password If I Password required for access to Win2K computer in home network click quot OK quot with or without a password I get a Microsoft Networking Error window quot The password is incorrect try again quot When I click quot OK quot in that window Windows returns to the Enter Network Password window I cannot modify any settings for IPC on the Pat computer nor can I delete it as far as I can see it is a resource that I do not need for my particular needs Nor have I been able to set any permissions that I can find that will allow access from the Win computer The mystifying part is that the Win K computer happens to Password required for access to Win2K computer in home network be a dual boot computer that has an original Win K installation OS and a replacement Win K OS This was done using Partition Magic and each virtual drive is hidden from the other This came about when the original installation developed a lot of problems with viruses and spyware I finally adopted a solution of re-installing Win K on the computer and during the time I was re-installing programs on the C drive I booted back and forth from one OS to the other This old installation of Win K DOES allow access by the Win computer without any question of a password When I click on the icon for the Win computer in My Network Places the icons for the shared folders on the Win K computer come right up and can be accessed without any difficulty I have searched and searched through the two OS settings to see what might be different but have not been able to find anything As an additional tidbit a Win XP laptop is also connected to the home network With the old OS Win K shared icons come right up without any question or request for password With the new OS Win K a window opens asking for the name of the user before the connection is made and I can enter the name of a user authorized by the Win K computer The connection is then completed without any problem and since I do not require a password for the Win K user I do not have to enter a password from the laptop This Win XP window is in contrast to the window opened by Win which does not allow any identification of user and only asks for a password The network connection MAC address IP address network adapter and its settings are all identical for both setups so my problem obviously is a software one and has nothing to do with hardware connections Both installations of Win K were done from the same CD and both have been updated with the same service packs So I am completely stumped Does anyone have an idea of what is happening nbsp

A:Password required for access to Win2K computer in home network

It sounds like your trying to connect to the administrative share on the 2K machine. Try this.

Right click on the drive in question on the 2K machine and select Sharing... Add a new share and grant access rights to everyone.

Create an account on the 2K machine with the same name/password as is used to logon to the W98 machine. It's not necessary to logon to the 2K machine with this account, it just has to have permission to access the shared files.

This should eliminate the password prompt.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/password-required-for-access-to-win2k-computer-in-home-network.430804/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have been trying to set up a homegroup to share between a desktop and two laptops. After many attempts I got the two laptops to work by removing guest from "deny access to this computer from the network" in the local security settings. Both of the laptops were running windows 7 professional. Unfortunately my desktop is running windows 7 home premium which doesn't have the local security settings option. So my question is can I remove the guest account from "deny access to this computer from the network" in windows 7 home premium through some interesting bit of registry editing or something? I really don't want to upgrade to professional if possible.

A:Deny Access to this Computer from the Network Win7 Home Premium

Quote: Originally Posted by Matthew23

I have been trying to set up a homegroup to share between a desktop and two laptops. After many attempts I got the two laptops to work by removing guest from "deny access to this computer from the network" in the local security settings. Both of the laptops were running windows 7 professional. Unfortunately my desktop is running windows 7 home premium which doesn't have the local security settings option. So my question is can I remove the guest account from "deny access to this computer from the network" in windows 7 home premium through some interesting bit of registry editing or something? I really don't want to upgrade to professional if possible.

You shouldn't need to remove guest from anywhere in order to set up a Homegroup. It appears as if you are working around another problem.

Most Homegroup problems can be solved by going through the Homegroup trouble shooter.

Ultimate Troubleshooting Guide for Windows 7 HomeGroup Connection Issues - Help Desk Geek

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/279091-deny-access-computer-network-win7-home-premium.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello All Here's a question for all you network savvy guys and gals My wife has a home based photography business Her studio is located on our property Currently photography for and home remote business Network access her network consists of her PC a Motorola DSL Modem Router from ATT and an external USB HD She would like to be able to access her photos that are at her studio from home say on a laptop but I am unsure the best method for this She needs to be able to access these images in such a way that she can post-process them in program such as Photoshop at home and then save the image so that it updates that file in her studio when shes completed the post editing So basically it's like being able to edit images in places while keeping the original files and the saved processed images in one central location I don't know if this means NAS something in the cloud or simply remote accessing the PC through Windows Or perhaps some other method Network and remote access for home photography business that I don't know about I consider myself to be decently informed when it comes to computer stuff but I want to Network and remote access for home photography business get this right the first time around so I figured it best to gain insight from those who are more skilled than I before moving forward I would appreciate anyone and everyone's help

A:Network and remote access for home photography business

Welcome to Seven Forums,

A NAS would be a doable option to access, modify and save all the files. I use them at work/home and works well.

A remote access would also do, if she would like to remote control her computer. You may try Team Viewer, the Free version I use this myself for personal stuff.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/220343-network-remote-access-home-photography-business.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I have a basic dell dimension running windows xp home and am using it in my small business network schematic, and I triec linking a 6th pc to it but it is telling me that i have too many remote pc's accessing it now?

How many pc's can access the server running windows xp home, and what if I upgraded to xp Pro???

PLEASE HELP I HAVE LIMITED MYSELF!!!

I can be contacted at : removed by moderator.

Thanks guys!

A:How may remote computers can access a host running xp pro or xp home????

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-may-remote-computers-can-access-a-host-running-xp-pro-or-xp-home.397331/
Relevancy 61.49%

Well I've noticed that my computer has started to get some problems lately decreasing in speed and a lot of program will not open when i start an application here is the log file and please tell me if you see any problems My current anti-virus firewall Computer, Programs Allowing Not Slow is Comodo firewall pro Comodo anti-virus Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Slow Computer, Not Allowing Programs Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Comodo Firewall cmdagent exeC Program Files Comodo common CAVASpy cavasm exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exeC WINDOWS system dlcccoms exec program files comodo comodo antivirus cavumas exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exeC WINDOWS stsystra exeC Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus CMain exeC Program Files Comodo LaunchPad CLPTray exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlccmon exeC Program Files Comodo Firewall cfp exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exeC Program Files Orbitdownloader orbitdm exeC Program Files Orbitdownloader orbitnet exeC Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus Cavaud exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger usnsvc exeC Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exeC Program Files Comodo Firewall cfpsbmit exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO btorbit com - B - B - -B F -F B EFC - C Program Files Orbitdownloader orbitcth dllO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllO - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dllO - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllO - Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dllO - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp stsystra exeO - HKLM Run cnfgCav quot C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus CMain exe quot quot login quot O - HKLM Run Comodo Launch Pad Tray C Program Files Comodo LaunchPad CLPTray exeO - HKLM Run Comodo Firewall quot C Program Files Comodo Firewall CPF exe quot backgroundO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run DLCCCATS rundll C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X DLCCtime dll RunDLLEntry O - HKLM Run dlccmon exe quot C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlccmon exe quot O - HKLM Run COMOD... Read more

Relevancy 61.49%

This is my first question at this forum Thanks in advance for your time My computer locks up randomly and each time it is accompanied with a soft 'click' sound and the fan turns on My mouse and keyboard are rendered inoperable and I have to unplug and reboot Although restarting in Safe Mode with Networking allows me to be online the problem is occurring with greater frequency even in Safe Mode I don't think the problem is temperature-related as it happens when I turn on the computer after hours of it being off I have tried disconnecting freezes, Computer allowing input no the fan before the lockup happens and it still occured I have taken out the fan cleaned it then re-installed Could something be overloading I am something of a computer novice I appreciate any help but if your answer is highly technical I will likely not understand it Thank you very much P S Here is my computer information HP Pavilion a c AMD Athlon x MB and GB NVIDIA SE Edit to add Windows Vista

A:Computer freezes, allowing no input

Hi and welcome to TSF try a clean boot to troubleshoot
Perform a clean startup to determine whether background programs are interfering with your game or program
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-freezes-allowing-no-input-562531.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi all,
I'm currently very puzzle when I am trying to share my internet connection using ISC but it gives me error saying it cannot be enabled because Routing and Remote Access has been enabled on this computer.
I've disabled the services but still failed to share the connection.
any pointer will be much appreciated.
Error message at http://postimg.org/image/sv43fcozj/

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a72ed0ea-ea22-4e8b-815b-6eaf63762647/internet-connection-sharing-ics-cannot-be-enabled-because-routing-and-remote-access-has-been?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 61.49%

There is a remote computer server logging on and and controlling my computer I realized that it has changed around around my files When I go into My computer my profile windows logon is control computer/ has user my Remote of profile & computer server a folder under there along with the drives There is also another folder called Common Files I think THIS Remote computer/ server has control of my computer & user profile remote computer has changed my log on TO BE A dependent on a service that is logged on Its called IANMAN COMPUTER This is a personal home computer and the only one So its not part of a network Commodo firewall REported detected that I was a new netwotk was dected that I was a part of The Hijack this log is pretty uslewss and does not show much I found these lines using Regrun Unhackme Windows Core Components tab in Regrun Unhackme Active Setup items -------------- quot ProgramFiles Outlook Express setup exe quot APP OE CALLER WINTT user install shows this target file in system D PROGRAM FILES OUTLOOK EXPRESS SETUP EXE -------------- -------------- quot ProgramFiles Outlook Express setup exe quot APP WAB CALLER WINTT user install shows this target file in system D PROGRAM FILES OUTLOOK EXPRESS SETUP EXE -------------- -------------- systemRoot system regsvr exe s n i UserInstall SystemRoot system themeui dll shows this target file in system D WINDOWS SYSTEM REGSVR EXE -------------- -------------- systemroot system shmgrate exe OCInstallUserConfigIE points to D WINDOWS SYSTEM SHMGRATE EXE -------------- -------------- systemroot system shmgrate exe OCInstallUserConfigOE points to D WINDOWS SYSTEM SHMGRATE EXE -------------- -------------- D WINDOWS inf unregmp exe ShowWMP shows this target file in system D WINDOWS INF UNREGMP EXE -------------- -------------- D WINDOWS system ie uinit exe -BaseSettings points to D WINDOWS SYSTEM IE UINIT EXE -------------- -------------- D WINDOWS system ieudinit exe points to D WINDOWS SYSTEM IEUDINIT EXE -------------- -------------- RunDLL IEDKCS DLL BrandIE SIGNUP points to or is supposed to be D WINDOWS system IEDKCS DLL -------------- -------------- RunDLL IEDKCS DLL BrandIE SIGNUP points to or is supposed to be D WINDOWS system IEDKCS DLL -------------- -------------- regsve exe s n i U shell dll is supposed to be D WINDOWS system REGSVR EXE -------------- I knew that setup exe for Outlook Express was hijacked somhow but didnt know the extent because when I looked it up on the net it showed as a regular file quot ProgramFiles Outlook Express setup exe quot It showed up on comodo but disappeared really quick I count control or find it nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remote-computer-server-has-control-of-my-computer-user-profile.938580/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have a shared folder on my server.
I copy files from a shared folder from another computer. The files total size is approximately ~120MB.
This takes ~ 30 seconds or so. Ihaven't measured the time. It is a bit slow, but that's not the main problem.
The server gets unresponsive while the files are copied. It looks like it has stopped completely.

Is there a way to lower the priority for the file transfer, on the server, so that remote computers doesn't affect it that much.

There are several (2 to 3) remote computers that will copy files from the server at random times. We do not want the server to "stop" when this happens.

It's not a windows server. It's a win 7 pro x64 (or similar).

A:Copying files from remote computer slows down local computer

Can I set some kind of priority for a shared folder?
The priority should make sure that when other computers read from the shared folder, it should be done with a lower priority.

The remote computers are using a c# program with impersonation when fetching the files.

Do I have to change the whole architecture so that the remote computer connects to a software on the local computer. The software on the local computer could have a lower priority and fetch the files and send them to the remote computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/364400-copying-files-remote-computer-slows-down-local-computer.html
Relevancy 61.49%

If I should not Post this on this forum, feel free to help me and tell me a forum for this.

The other day, I built my first server (Well, not really built it, It was an HP Pavilion XD) I set it up perfectly with Windows Home Server 2011 and when I went to set up remote access, I get this (the attachments)

My router is a Linksys WRT160Nv2. I set up UPnP and did what Microsoft said here for my router: Windows Home Server Router Setup - TechNet Articles - United States (English) - TechNet Wiki

Any help?
P.S. My ISP is Wave Broadband here in Bow, Washington.

A:Remote Access not working on Windows Home Server 2011

Well, the first thing we need to know is, does the server have a static IP address or Dynamic? Normally a server will have a static IP address but sometimes not.

1. Check for a static ip address
2. If not static, change it to a static ip address

Report back what you find and we'll dig a little more.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/46151-remote-access-not-working-windows-home-server-2011-a.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I got a virus in my computer that is not allowing me to install certain tools to try to get it out. I can install malwarebytes and PCtools spyware doctor but when I try to run them after a couple of seconds the programs stop and when I try to run them again it gives me an error indicating that I don't have the permission to run that file. I need help in finding something that will allow me to get rid of this virus.

A:Computer virus not allowing to run malwarebytes, any antivirus.

As no logs have been posted, I am shifting this topic from the specialized HiJack This forum to the Am I Infected forum.==>PLEASE DO NOT NOW POST LOGS<== unless a log is specifically requested.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/260143/computer-virus-not-allowing-to-run-malwarebytes-any-antivirus/
Relevancy 61.06%

I have a backdoor or trojan that I can't seem to identify and remove on my computer The problem is that it seems to be downloading malware and executing Backdoor execution on of allowing my trojans computer and more those other malware onto my computer on a regular basis I know because I often leave my computer alone and suddenly Avira will popup indicating a new trojan asking to be quarantined or SpywareDoctor will identify a new type of malware for example Backdoor Backdoor allowing execution of trojans and more on my computer Agent PBE that was not detected on a day before I was originally infected on September th with Vundo and after experiencing the tons and tons of popups every few minutes I used malwarebytes to remove that problem However although I thought I was clean I'm still getting new trojans every day or so Even just an hour ago Avira identified two new files related to TR Dldr VB hzp Trojan that it had never identified on a previous day Here's my log Thanks for your time Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avguard exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exe C Program Files Sunbelt Software Personal Firewall SbPFLnch exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsAuxs exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsSvc exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C WINDOWS system hphmon exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe C Program Files D-Tools daemon exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard OrderReminder OrderReminder exe C Program Files Google Google Talk googletalk exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLHostManager exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLServiceHost exe C Program Files FinePixViewer QuickDCF exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY ario amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY ario amp pf laptop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY ario amp pf laptop O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO FDMIECookiesBHO Class - CC E F - E - FA- FAA- BF - C Program Files Free Download Manager iefdmcks dll O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run UpdateManager quot C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtr... Read more

A:Backdoor allowing execution of trojans and more on my computer

BUMP, please

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/backdoor-allowing-execution-of-trojans-and-more-on-my-computer-301100.html