Windows Support Forum

DDR4, Build now or wait till Summer?

Q: DDR4, Build now or wait till Summer?

I have a good system. I am likely to give it to my daughter and build a new one. I have read a few reviews of some new Motherboards and processors taking advantage of the new DDR4.

Does anyone have any insight on if its prudent to build in spring or perhaps wait>?

I can wait as my system is still very good. I just like fiddling with new stuff and builds.

Also will Windows 10 be available for builds by this time or again is this a wait and see?

Thanks much!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: DDR4, Build now or wait till Summer?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: DDR4, Build now or wait till Summer?

You can install the preview version of 10 (beta work-in-progress). DDR4 more expensive than DDR3 but of course if you plan on buying CPU to take advantage of DDR4 speed would be the way to go for now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ddr4-build-now-or-wait-till-summer.207710/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hey Guys,
I've recently began to feel my cards performance start to die down in modern games. I'm currently a running pair of OC'd HD 6950's. While, the cards are still good and maintain decent FPS in most games. I am starting to dip below desired FPS when running max settings in new games. So, my question to you guys is: Should I buy now or wait for the next generation which seems to be right around the corner.

If I were to buy now, I would be looking at either a pair of GTX 670's or HD 7950's.
My Gaming resolution: 1920x1080p
Games: FC3,Hitman Absolution, AC3, Rift and Sleeping Dogs.

All suggestions are appreciated!

A:GPU upgrade - buy now or wait till next generation?

I wouldn't classify Q2 13 as right around the corner... and that's just AMD. I doubt we'll see anything from Nvidia until the second half of 2013, the 680 was only released in March this year. If it's the case that AMD are again earlier to the party with no competition from Nvidia we'll probably see the same sky high pricing as the 7970 ($550/£420). Considering how great value the 7950's are right now, I'd say go for a pair of those.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gpu-upgrade-buy-now-or-wait-till-next-generation.188024/
Relevancy 75.25%

I got some virus spyware problem the other day and the only way to stop a pop-up was to hold the power button down and shut down when i rebooted blue screen and error code about unmountable boot volume finally got the XP disc and booted from CD ran diagnostics and got error code - ran some sound like now, I till an wait you me idiot know If fixboot program and not it boots fine except for a page file error that I can t seem to fix called dell and If I sound like an idiot now, wait till you know me they sent me a refurbished drive with no instruction on how to install it Questions how do I fix Page File error I tried setting it in the performance tab but that doesn t seem to work what are If I sound like an idiot now, wait till you know me those error codes I have backed everything up on current hard drive that I need so should I continue to use this drive untill it fails or install new one Should I use the refurbished drive or go buy a new one I have backed everything up on current hard drive that I need so should I continue to use this drive untill it fails or install new one nbsp

Relevancy 73.96%

My pc is 5 years old so im doing a total upgarde along the lines of the this sites "build a core duo 2 amd gaming pc for under $1000" guide. The graphics card it reccommends is the Radeon X1950 Pro and states how its slightly better than its NVidia counterpart and from other reviews it looks like the best value card for that price. Now though ive heard about Nvidia releasing some mid range cards next week. Does anybody know if they will fall in the same price range as the Radeon x1950 pro and have there been any pre release trials etc? IF there is a noticeable improvement in performance my budget may stretch 50 -60$ or so.

any views??!!?!

A:Radeon X1950 Pro or wait till april 17th

Pricing hasn't been confirmed yet. But I've got a gut feeling it would be a good thing to wait for these new cards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-x1950-pro-or-wait-till-april-17th.74997/
Relevancy 73.1%

Aways rite after booting up till and "Please sys it closes icon Windows' opens Wait" freezes and at some other time both for no known reason the Windows icon pops up saying please wait - while that warning is on the screen the whole screen Background Icons everything turns to shades of gray or a Black and White video set-up Can anyone tell me why and what can i Windows' "Please Wait" icon opens and sys freezes till it closes do to fix it Thanking you inadance for your kind assistance I have three versions of System Information but for the purpose of this quesion I am pasting the Video portion Monitor exe Process ID User Samuel W Velsor IV Domain VELSOR-LAPTOP Path C Program Files IObit Advanced SystemCare Monitor exe Memory Usage MB Peak Memory Usage MB Graphics Monitor Name Plug and Play Monitor on Intel GM GME Graphics Controller Current Resolution x pixels Work Resolution x pixels State Disabled Output devices support Multiple displays Disabled Monitor Width Monitor Height Monitor BPP bits per pixel Monitor Frequency Hz Device DISPLAY Monitor Intel GM GME Graphics Controller Device ID - Revision Subvendor Dell Current Performance Level Level Current Performance Level Level Driver version Count of performance levels Level Count of performance levels Level Intel GM GME Graphics Controller Device ID - Revision Subvendor Dell Current Performance Level Level Current Performance Level Level Driver version Count of performance levels Level Count of performance levels Level

A:Windows' "Please Wait" icon opens and sys freezes till it closes

Hi SWV !

Can you post a little information regarding the computer model and what issues or changes that could have led to the problem? Have you tried running it in safemode if the problem persist?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/495522/windows-please-wait-icon-opens-and-sys-freezes-till-it-closes/
Relevancy 73.1%

Thx for reading my post. I did try and search for my problem but the thread was closed.

Nevertheless, I tried installing a graphing software program called Ti Interactive. I first tried a free version on line but while going thru the installation process, it got stuck on "Please wait till the installer determines your disk space requirements".

So then I ended up buying the program b/c I thought the error was because it was a free version on-line. After inserting the CD and following the standard installation process, it again got stuck on same screen. I even left it overnight hoping that maybe it takes a while to figure out the disk space requirements.

A Microsoft Tech person wanted $249 to solve my problem. I'm hoping I can do it with your help.

Using Windows 7.

A:Please wait till the installer determines your disk space requirements

Ti Interactive is not compatible with any OS above Windows XP.

Your only chance is to run XP mode: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows7/install-and-use-windows-xp-mode-in-windows-7 But you need to have Windows 7 Ultimate, Professional or Enterprise.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-wait-till-the-installer-determines-your-disk-space-requirements.1127367/
Relevancy 73.1%

I have a Dell laserjet

I got a warning saying one of the inks was low
With inkjet, I know you're not supposed to continue printing - the print head will go

Is it a similar thing with laserjets?

Thanks
OM

A:Laserjet ink warning - replace straight away or wait till it stops?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laserjet-ink-warning-replace-straight-away-or-wait-till-it-stops.1148601/
Relevancy 61.06%

I am building a new PC When is what wait? Build or now I am trying to determine now Why not Build now or wait? build with the VIA now Over at the Abit forums I was advised to build on the Via chipset I read where the VIA was an Athlons dream come true Confusing to say the least So for now I wait amp study the SIS amp nVida Chip Sets in an ABIT or GigaByte MOBO Looking for a new VIA just around the corner Not so simple as I am finding out My questions are simple Should I build now on the VIA or wait for the nVida or SIS to come on out in more offerings Watch for VIA to come out with something realy good in the next month or two Am I dreaming The lines are not as clear as they once were So I need a little advice Not on MOBO brands I like the I have used before This advice has to be on the thing on every builders mind today Should I go for the Chip Sets out now or wait for a while I know where to buy amp who can be trusted I am having a time pinning any Tech down as to If you were to build now what Abit or GigaByte MoBo would you use Thanks for your Time amp expert answers as always Merry Christmas one amp all NightHawk nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

Hi..I was thinking of building a PC with an Opteron 175 (OC it) and a X1900xtx...is this a good idea or should I wait a few months for the Conroe ??....thoughts ?? any input is appreciated

A:Better to build a PC now or wait a few months ??

I was faced with the same problem when I built my system back in July '05. If you wait for Conroe to come out, something newer/better/faster will soon follow Conroe. There is always something 'better' in the works. If you have the time, budget, willingness to do it now, go for it. If you feel like waiting awhile, that's totally acceptable too, but remember, no computer is future proof.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/better-to-build-a-pc-now-or-wait-a-few-months.448486/
Relevancy 59.77%

I want to install Windows 7, but we don't even know for sure when the RTM is going to be released/leaked.

A:Shall I install build 7100 now or wait for the RTM?

If you have the time, go ahead and install it. Backup your data first. Or find one of the more recent leaked builds to more stability and performance. I would recommend not waiting for RTM to leak. Besides with the leaked builds you get to use near-RTM OS until next year FREE!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/15804-shall-i-install-build-7100-now-wait-rtm.html
Relevancy 58.91%

This place looks fairly active so I thought I d try it out and I hope everyone can help me out I ve been planning to buy a new gaming PC -- series? I for build should PC gaming 600 First wait Nvidia for years and now I m finally ready to start buying parts Here is what I was planning on buying Tower HAF CPU Intel i k HD graphics MOBO LGA Z USB type motherboard really don t know which one to get RAM x GB preferably with a heatspreader on don t know what to get DVD Standard dvd burner don t know which one to get Powersupply plus bronze gold certified and has enough wattage for SLI in the future HDD TB RPM don t have a specific one in mind OS Windows GPU Now the thing is with the series around the corner I m wondering if I should hold off my build and wait for it I m willing to wait and just buy my tower DVD HDD and OS while I wait because these don t really require any special compatability Otherwise I was looking at a GeForce GTX Then when the series comes out I will First gaming PC build -- should I wait for Nvidia 600 series? figure out what MOBO RAM CPU PSU etc I will need for them although I m sure the i k will suffice nbsp

A:First gaming PC build -- should I wait for Nvidia 600 series?

As you have already found ou, there will always be another "best" or another want... Get it now... Build it now, then use what you learn to design a better one, and sell this build to a friend. Don't wait... or you will wait for a new SSD... or a new Windows 8, or a new Super Duper...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-gaming-pc-build-should-i-wait-for-nvidia-600-series.177295/
Relevancy 48.59%

HELP!
My laptop sat unactive for a week (or so) and lost battery power. Now when turning it on (after plugging in and charging battery) I can not get beyond the please wait screen. I have tried booting in safe mode and have tried last known good configuration. Still same result. It will go to Please Wait....the circle will turn.....it will flash black screen (like it is attempting to boot maybe) and then back to Please Wait.

My last resort is to try the factory recovery disks, but I am looking into other options so as not to lose pictures that may not be backed up.

A:please wait....flash black....please wait

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Do you have the Windows Vista CD?

If so boot from your Windows Vista CD and launch Startup Repair.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/please-wait-flash-black-please-wait-671158.html
Relevancy 46.87%
Q: DDR4

I have the following questions

1-when will ddr4 memory released?
2-what will be the frequency?
3-what will be its cost?

A:DDR4

Quote: Originally Posted by manjunath

I have the following questions

1-when will ddr4 memory released?
2-what will be the frequency?
3-what will be its cost?

1- We don't know
2- We don't know even more
3- We don't know even even more

As far as I know, DDR4 is FAR from sight. Go and buy DDR3, don't wait for DDR4.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/81719-ddr4.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Just purchased a Dell Inspiron 17 5765. Specs for the laptop said it had 16GB DDR4 2400 MHz.
But the system shows the DDR4 as only 1200MHz. Is this something I should be concerned about?
Thanks.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994592
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello guys For a few months i am trying to chose a new laptop t o replace my old one I was stuck between the Asus N vz Laptop Model ASUS N VZ-S Processor nd Generation Intel Core i - QM Ivy Bridge CPU Speed DDR4 DDR3 or GHz Turbo Boost up to GHz MB Cache Screen Size inch Display x Full HD LED Backlit Memory GB RAM Graphics DDR3 or DDR4 Discrete NVIDIA GT M GPU with GB Memory and NVIDIA Optimus Technology Hard Drive TB Bang amp Olufsen Ice Power Audio System Connectivity USB x HDMI x VGA x Ethernet x Wi-Fi b g n x Bluetooth x DDR3 or DDR4 Multi Card Reader x or the Asus Zenbook U vz CPU Intel Core W Standard Voltage QC i - QM i - QM Operating System Windows Windows Pro Graphics NVIDIA GT M Z-height mm at the front mm at the rear Main DDR3 or DDR4 Memory DDR MHz GB on board Screen nits FHD IPS x Instant on Always resume in seconds USB charger Y I O port x mini VGA port x USB port x HDMI p support x audio jack combo x SD card reader x subwoofer jack x RJ USB Port SSD Generation Up to SATAIII GB SSD support RAID technology BT Bluetooth Battery W hrs Mic Array microphone Keyboard illuminated chiclet keyboard Camera HD p CMOS module Audio Built-in B amp O ICEpower audio system with external subwoofer Now the idea is that the n vz i can't find it anymore the u vz is a bit pricy and the most importent thing DDR is on the way So should i wait for the ddr or should i buy one of the laptops I am mainly using photo editing software such as CS and with loads of plugins Any advices and recommendations are more than welcomed

A:DDR3 or DDR4

They are Both DDR3 and the Bottom one the more Expensive has a SSD but they both do about the same

Just the one with 1tb will just be slower but ultimatly perform the same but if you want to be snappy and on the move the choice would be the 1200 dollar one or you can get the 800 dollar one and replace the 1TB HD for a SSD and use the one TB as a back up and put it in a enclosure

but at that point the cost would be around the same but if you have the money get the 512gb SSD and buy a back up Drive and your set

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/276506-ddr3-ddr4.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi, need advice on best DDR4 RAM to be used with either Asus Z170-A or Z170-Deluxe mobo. Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/pc-custom-builds-overclocking/26342-best-ddr4-ram-z170.html
Relevancy 46.44%

My yoga 710 supposedly has ddr4 ram.  Yet when I test it I get speeds about one half of my dell which also has ddr4.  The yoga gets about 1300mb/sec.  The dell gets about 2500mb/sec.  what should I expect and there are any settings I can change that effect memory speed?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-710-15-quot-DDR4-RAM/td-p/3387071
Relevancy 46.01%

I need some information about DDR4 memory.
Memory channel - dual. Does that mean it's better to buy 2x 4GB for better performance, or I can buy 1x 8GB and it will be the same quality,performance and etc.?

A:DDR4 channels question

2 sticks 4GB of ram:

- Will allow you to do Dual Channel, even though the gains for dual channel are not that impressive.
- Can upgrade to a maximum of 16 GB (4x4), which is plenty for regular usage.

1 stick of ram:

- You will be able to upgrade to 16 GB if you add an extra one, and 32 if you fill the four slots. although I would recommend memory packs, not different batches of ram.
- You don't have dual channel
Personally, I would do 2 x 4GB, 2 x 8 or 4 x 4GB, but that's just me. All ram slots filled looks better if you care about that.

http://www.tenforums.com/pc-custom-builds-overclocking/40143-ddr4-channels-question.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi people,

About 8 years ago I built the current Core2Duo based PC I am using and it has lasted pretty amazingly considering, with only minor upgrades to RAM and GPU.

I am looking to do a new build with future proofing in mind. My question is not so much whether to move to a DDR4 compatible MB (X99 looking at you), but whether or not to do it now or wait a few months for the tech to settle down.

My PC is by no means falling apart, but I am loathe to spend any more money on it really. At max I could probably wait 6 months but ideally I'd only hold out until after Christmas.

What are peoples thoughts on the current range of X99 / DDR4 compatible MBs? I have been out of the loop for a while with these things...

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi all,
I have the following RAM: Vengeance? LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2400MHz C14 Memory Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2A2400C14) in my system with the XMP profile active.

I've Overclocked these to 2800Mhz with the following timings: 14-15-15-28 1T @ 1.25v
All is stable but would like to know if these setting are OK to run all the time?
Cheers
worf105

http://www.tenforums.com/pc-custom-builds-overclocking/66380-corsair-lpx-ddr4-oc-settings.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey ,I have a E5-575-54A6 i5 6gb ddr 4 2133 mhz pc 17000,Now i have try to upgrade the 6 gb to 8 gb with the c Crucial 8GB DDR4-2133 SODIMM CT8G4SFD8213 Brand: CrucialForm Factor: SODIMMTotal Capacity: 8GBSpecs: DDR4 PC4-17000 ? CL=15 ? Dual Ranked ? x8 based ? Unbuffered ? NON-ECC ? DDR4-2133 ? 1.2V ? 1024Meg x 64 ?But when i boot nothing happens when i plug the old ddr4 ram its working .what can be wrong .i have retuernd to the store ,i have a new one same thing , 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/DDR4-8-doesn-t-work/td-p/450843
Relevancy 46.01%

When is DDR4 likely to float up into the market? I'm needing to build a PC with the fastest working memory possible while still remaining 100% stable while running 24/7/365.

If it's going to be over 3 months, what would be my best option for the absolute fastest RAM on the market by that time? I plan to air cool, but will throw a big fan on top of the RAM modules for added stability.

A:DDR4 coming? Or what is fastest RAM I can get?

It's a bit early to tell whether a DDR4 will hit this year. But of course, there're plenty of powerful RAM to choose from. I prefer both Corsair or G.Skill, because they have gaming potential. And some of the features are probably good overclocking, and longevity.

As far as I'm concerned, Samsung has manufactured a DDR4 module already, maybe last year.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ddr4-coming-or-what-is-fastest-ram-i-can-get.185378/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey there, I know Thinkpad E460 comes with DDR3L SDRAM 1600Mhz modules, but would be possible to replace them with some DDR4 soDIMM, such as these ones https://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Technology-HyperX-HX421S13IBK2-16/dp/B014R8JRRW ? Thanks in advance for your help

A:E460 DDR4 Ram compatibility?

DDR3 and DDR4 memory sticks are physically different.  You cannot change

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/E460-DDR4-Ram-compatibility/td-p/3371603
Relevancy 46.01%

Is the newest HP ENvy 17, with the 6th generation Intel i7 processor, product # M9X68AV_1, compatible with DDR4 RAM?

A:HP Envy 17T DDR4 Memory

Hi, It use the following RAM's 8GB DDR3L - 1 DIMM12GB DDR3L - 2 DIMM16GB DDR3 - 2 DIMM means supports 1.35V and 1.5V RAM sticks. DDR4 RAM uses 1.2V. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Envy-17T-DDR4-Memory/td-p/5289025
Relevancy 46.01%

hey long time guys, like 2 weeks haha

but ya to the point, what the the differences and simalerities between DDR3 and DDR4

A:Difference between DDR3 DDR4

you can find plenty of information on this on wikipedia - DDR3

and DDR4 doesn't even exist yet so you'd be looking at GDDR4 which is for graphics cards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/difference-between-ddr3-ddr4.93030/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi all, Summer has *finally* begun in the UK, but Im wandering if the new room temps are responsible for my ati card and HD heating up. i only noticed it yesterday, the laptop had been on for about 30mins, and the ATI card (under my right palm) was absolutly boiling!! i know summer temps affect pc cpu temps, so is this the same for laptops??

right now its 28C in the UK, and both my ati card and hd pretty darn hot, although not uncomfortable to touch. im using an FSC A1667G and Powerplay, an ATI underclocking tool, is on.

Also, is the method for adding thermal paste to laptops the same as doing so for pcs??

A:Laptop too hot 'cos of Summer??

I would try a Notebook Cooler...
http://www.ecost.com/ecost/ecsplash/shop/detail~dpno~249446.asp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-too-hot-cos-of-summer.52008/
Relevancy 45.58%

I ve summer??? out in R300 ATI the been seeing this on a few sites and ATI R300 out in the summer??? was wondering what some of you guys thought of it By Fuad Abazovic BST http www theinquirer net htm A FEW DAYS BACK we talked about what we knew about R and now it seems our Chinese friends have a few more details to show the world The site agrees with us that R is intended to compete with the next Nvidia part NV but have added some interesting notes about the spec of the card The site reckons the card will be produced using micron technology which is realistic since you cannot get volumes of micron process quite yet but as soon as TSMC and UMC get going on this process the R will shift to this for faster chipolatos PC Pop claims that the frequency will ATI R300 out in the summer??? be MHz and as I previously reported R will have the same frequency so this looks quite realistic with R technology as well With technology ATI will be able to have MHz chips but I would guess that this will be kept for its annual spring refresh As I said there will be eight rendering pipelines and it is still unclear how many texture units chip will support -- two or four The memory should run at MHz and for this you will need nanosecond memory which is not yet available The ns memory should be available in less than a month so ns should be available in the next quarter or so when this card starts to become more reality than chimera The chip will be able to address MB of memory As for DirectX support the PC Poppers said as we did that the card will have support for DirectX but not clarifying whether it supports DX or The site claimes the chip will have two Truform units but this does not make any sense to me Truform should not be relevant in most future games As for memory optimisation ATI will have improved HyperZ and they claim GB s bandwidth The chip is not taped out yet but it should be pretty soon now and introduced this summer Click to expand And from www warp search com Posted by Rancho Monday April CEST Specifications Radeon AGP x x MB of DDR-SDRAM MHz Maximum bandwidth of GB s thanks also to the adoption of Hyper-Z ATI Rage Theater chip for MPEG decoding Mhz RAMDAC for maximum resolutions of x Hz Specifications R GPU Core m process clocked at MHz million transistors integrated Max Memory MB DDR-SDRAM rendering pipelines with texture units Fillrate MPixels s MTextures s million triangles s Full support for DirectX PixelShader displacement mapping Oh really Hyper-Z TruForm units for the rendering of surfaces of D objects Pixel Tapestry SmartShader units each equipped with Vertex and PixelShader unit Charisma Engine SmoothVision FSAA with moderate loss of performance also running at high resolutions Click to expand Just pretty promising to me but I m sure Nvidia has something up their sleeve to match this offering from our friends over at ATI nbsp

A:ATI R300 out in the summer???

The successor to the Geforce 4 will be out in the fall..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-r300-out-in-the-summer.1037/
Relevancy 45.58%

So the last virus problem I had was a year ago Since then I've been even more careful at what I download However on my last windows I had the system on a normal HDD and since then I've made an in-place update to windows from windows and moved the partition to an SSD No major problems but I want to make sure the performance is top notch Also a few fixes carried over from windows the most noticeable is the two explorer instances I have two explorer processes in the task manager and also related to explorer exe is related the fact that when I wake the pc up from sleep if I had any windows open they freeze together with the Summer cleaning whole Summer cleaning explorer process and I have to restart the process manually Also most times I open a file explorer window it refreshes this is an excruciating problem when using open file location to select a file only to have the folder refresh and I have to find the file again If possible I'd like to refrain from clean installing windows Also i'd like to clean the users from the registry to only have WIlliam and any system dependant account Logs FRST - nbsp FRST txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads FRST Addition - nbsp Addition txt nbsp nbsp KB Summer cleaning nbsp nbsp downloads EDIT I forgot to add I use Nvidia DSR and checked all the resolutions however if I go with it over a certain resolution the keyboard lags as hell input is received after a minute I tried clean reinstall nvidia drivers or times at different ocasions but no luck

A:Summer cleaning

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Remove these programs in bold via the Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Applet.Driver Booster 3.2 (HKLM-x32\...\Driver Booster_is1) (Version: 3.2 - IObit)KMSpico (HKLM\...\{8B29D47F-92E2-4C20-9EE0-F710991F5D7C}_is1) (Version: - )Lightshot-5.3.0.0 (HKLM-x32\...\{30A5B3C9-2084-4063-A32A-628A98DE512B}_is1) (Version: 5.3.0.0 - Skillbrains)Popcorn Time (HKLM-x32\...\Popcorn Time_is1) (Version: 5.4.7.0 - Popcorn Time)Java 8 Update 91 (64-bit) (HKLM\...\{26A24AE4-039D-4CA4-87B4-2F86418091F0}) (Version: 8.0.910.14 - Oracle Corporation)Java SE Development Kit 8 Update 45 (64-bit) (HKLM\...\{64A3A4F4-B792-11D6-A78A-00B0D0180450}) (Version: 8.0.450.15 - Oracle Corporation)Java SE Development Kit 8 Update 66 (64-bit) (HKLM\...\{64A3A4F4-B792-11D6-A78A-00B0D0180660}) (Version: 8.0.660.18 - Oracle Corporation)===Press the windows key + r on your keyboard at the same time. This will open the RUN BOX.Type Notepad and and click the OK key.Please copy the entire contents of the code box below to the a new file. start
CreateRestorePoint:
EmptyTemp:
CloseProcesses:

(Popcorn Time) C:\Program Files (x86)\Popcorn Time\Updater.exe
(Skillbrains) C:\Program Files (x86)\Skillbrains\lightshot\5.3.0.0\Lightshot.exe
HKLM-x32\...\Run: [Lightshot] => C:\Program Files (x86)\Skillbrains\lightshot\Lightshot.exe [226560 2014-11-18] ()
HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\SystemRestore: [DisableSR/DisableConfig] <===== ATTENTION
ShellExecuteHooks-x32: - {B5A7F190-DDA6-4420-B3BA-52453494E6CD} - No File [ ]
ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers-x32: ["DropboxExt1"] -> {FB314ED9-A251-47B7-93E1-CDD82E34AF8B} => No File
ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers-x32: ["DropboxExt2"] -> {FB314EDA-A251-47B7-93E1-CDD82E34AF8B} => No File
ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers-x32: ["DropboxExt3"] -> {FB314EDD-A251-47B7-93E1-CDD82E34AF8B} => No File
ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers-x32: ["DropboxExt4"] -> {FB314EDE-A251-47B7-93E1-CDD82E34AF8B} => No File
ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers-x32: ["DropboxExt5"] -> {FB314EDB-A251-47B7-93E1-CDD82E34AF8B} => No File
ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers-x32: ["DropboxExt6"] -> {FB314EDF-A251-47B7-93E1-CDD82E34AF8B} => No File
ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers-x32: ["DropboxExt7"] -> {FB314EDC-A251-47B7-93E1-CDD82E34AF8B} => No File
ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers-x32: ["DropboxExt8"] -> {FB314EE0-A251-47B7-93E1-CDD82E34AF8B} => No File
ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers-x32: [Groove Explorer Icon Overlay 1 (GFS Unread Stub)] -> {99FD978C-D287-4F50-827F-B2C658EDA8E7} => No File
ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers-x32: [Groove Explorer Icon Overlay 2 (GFS Stub)] -> {AB5C5600-7E6E-4B06-9197-9ECEF74D31CC} => No File
ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers-x32: [Groove Explorer Icon Overlay 2.5 (GFS Unread Folder)] -> {920E6DB1-9907-4370-B3A0-BAFC03D81399} => No File
ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers-x32: [Groove Explorer Icon Overlay 3 (GFS Folder)] -> {16F3DD56-1AF5-4347-846D-7C10C4192619} => No File
ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers-x32: [Groove Explorer Icon Overlay 4 (GFS Unread Mark)] -> {2916C86E-86A6-43FE-8112-43ABE6BF8DCC} => No File
Startup: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Deluge.lnk [2015-08-13]
ShortcutTarget: Deluge.lnk -> F:\Program Files (x86)\Deluge\deluge.exe (No File)
HKU\S-1-5-21-2374710267-329911287-271095899-1000\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer: Restriction <======= ATTENTION
BHO-x32: No Name -> {72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E} -> No File
FF NewTab: chrome://fvd.speeddial/content/fvd_about_blank.html
FF Homepage: chrome://fvd.speeddial/content/fvd_about_blank.html
FF Extension: Speed Dial [FVD] - New Tab Page, Sync... - C:\Users\Wi... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/613157/summer-cleaning/
Relevancy 45.58%

Just making sure my computer is in tip top shape I am hoping no one will find anything on this hijack this log IF you do I thanks for your help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS SYSTEM winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Cleaning Summer Of End svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdnagent exeC Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched End Of Summer Cleaning exeC Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avguard exeF AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeC Program Files Firebird Firebird bin fbguard exeC WINDOWS End Of Summer Cleaning system inetsrv inetinfo exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC WINDOWS system mgabg exeC WINDOWS System snmp exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system Tablet exeC Program Files Common Files Softwin BitDefender Communicator xcommsvr exeC Program Files Firebird Firebird bin fbserver exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Common Files Softwin BitDefender Scan Server bdss exeC Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeF Registry Mechanic Registry Mechanic RegMech exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeF iTunes iTunes exeC Program Files AIM aim exeC Documents and Settings Lauren Marie My Documents Unzipped hijackthis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blankR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page c WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr System panels blank htmR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page c WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr System panels blank htmF - REG system ini UserInit userinit exeO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run BDMCon quot C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdmcon exe quot O - HKLM Run BDNewsAgent quot c program files softwin bitdefender bdnagent exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hideO - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot backgroundO - HKUS S- - - RunOnce RunNarrator Narrator exe User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT RunOnce RunNarrator Narrator exe User 'Default user' O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dllO - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exeO - DPF Yahoo Pool - http download games yahoo com games clients y potd x cabO - DPF B CFB- - -A -C A C Checkers Class - http messenger zone msn com binary msgrchkr cab cabO - DPF BC - ABC- F -A - FC A F C A X Control - http www albatross com cabs A X ocxO - DPF E -C - C - D E-FB CD A D ZoneUpwords Object - http messenger zone msn com binary Upwords cab cabO - DPF CC - EF- DFA- C - FFA DF E Musicnotes Viewer - http www musicnotes com download mnviewer cabO - DPF B - E - EA - B - F A BC MessengerStatsClient Class - http messenger zone msn com binary Messe nt cab cabO - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink linkid O - DPF D - A - D - E- C DA A E AimSp Class - http rimmel ai-media com save makeover cabO - DPF A DC -C B - -B BA-E B D D CPlayFirstDDSonicControl Object - http www shockwav... Read more

A:End Of Summer Cleaning

Hi Lauren_Marie, You have no malware but we can do some clean up. Your Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system. Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update. Updating Java: Download the latest version of? Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 2. Scroll down to where it says "Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 2". Click the "Download" button to the right. Check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement". The page will refresh. Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation, Multi-language? jre-6-windows-i586.exe and save to your desktop. Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser. Go to Start > Control Panel double-click on Add/Remove programs and remove all older versions of Java.
Examples of older versions in Add or Remove Programs:
Java 2 Runtime Environment, SE v1.4.2
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 6 Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name. Click the Remove or Change/Remove button. Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions. Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed. Then from your desktop double-click on jre-6u2-windows-i586-p.exe to install the newest version.We need to disable your Windows Defender Real-time Protection as it may interfere with the fixes that we need to make. Open Windows Defender. Click on Tools, General Settings. Scroll down and uncheck Turn on real-time protection (recommended). After you uncheck this, click on the Save button and close Windows Defender.After all of the fixes are complete it is very important that you enable Real-time Protection again.Download CCleaner and install it. (default location is best). Do not download the Beta version 2.0. Do not run it yet! CCleaner Tutorial*******************************************Select the following with HijackThis. With all windows (including this one!) closed (close browser/explorer windows), please select "fix." O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_08\bin\ssv.dllO2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)This is an optinal fix. The following is not necessarily spyware/malware, but I suggest you place a check mark next to the following entry, as this program may be taking up system resources.O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] \"C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\jusched.exe\" (Description: Sun Java update scheduler. Checks for updates. Not necessary. Removing this entry will free up a small amount of system resources.)O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime(Description: Apple's QuickTime Tray Icon which enables you to start QuickTime from the System Tray (from version 5 onward). Given the extremely simple functionality of this Tray icon, it is in our view an unreasonable resource hog - it has been measured to use as much as 1.5Mb of memory at times in earlier versions, and in version 7 it uses as much as 3.4Mb of memory on our test systems. Yet, on Windows PCs hardly anyone starts QuickTime manually, whether from the System Tray or otherwise - what usually happens is that the end-user opens a QuickTime movie file or email attachment and Windows then automatically opens QuickTime to enable the end-user to view the movie or video. There is therefore almost never a need for the end-user to start QuickTime manually from the System Tray. )********************************************NOTE* CCleaner deletes EVERYTHING out of temp/temporary folders and does not make backups. Let's empty the temp files: Run CCleaner. CAUTION: Please do NOT use the Issues button. This is a built-in registry cleaner. If you don't k... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/107980/end-of-summer-cleaning/
Relevancy 45.58%

Microsoft Changes Course: New Standalone IE for XP Planned

After claiming for months it would not issue a new version of its Internet Explorer browser until it shipped Longhorn, Microsoft decides to deliver an IE 7.0.

In a complete about-face, Microsoft has decided to deliver a new, standalone version of its Internet Explorer browser in order to stem potential customer defections due to security and feature concerns.

Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates announced at the RSA Conference in San Francisco on Tuesday that Microsoft will deliver Internet Explorer (IE) 7.0 for Windows XP Service Pack 2 customers. The 7.0 release, which will go to beta this summer, will add new anti-phishing, anti-spyware and anti-virus safeguards, according to company officials. Microsoft officials did not offer a target release date for the final IE 7.0.

A:New IE7.0 to be deliver this summer, maybe

and everybody hold their breath waiting for it.
when has microsoft ever got anything out on time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-ie7-0-to-be-deliver-this-summer-maybe.343136/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello and thanks for looking at my problem,

Firstly I have no experience in this area so any and all help is greatly appreciated!

I have acquired a computer because it wont function properly,the power light flickers on then off constantly. I managed to get it to charge the battery and constantly supply power to find out the login screen passes (keyboard and mouse both working) uninterrupted but once it boots into the xp interface the mouse still functions but seems to have no purpose as icons and the start menu freeze.

I have loaded it through safe mode only to encounter a new hardware wizard before running out of patience and ideas.

Can anyone provide any ideas or insight?

It's a hp pavilion zd8000 running XP - service pack 2.

A:My summer project

If the computer will boot into Safe Mode and run without any issues, then you most likely have some corrupt files or drivers. You can check the Event Viewer to see if Windows is logging any errors.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-summer-project-380199.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Well this is my first thread and hopefully my last (concearning the health of my PC).

But recently the area i live in has hit a heat wave and i dont think my PC is enjoying it very much. When i am just brousing the net or listening to music it is fine but when i go to play any games that demand a little more resources from the PC i Get a horrible "buzzing" noise from the fans within my PC.

What i figure is that the fans are speeding up to help keep the PC cool but i have a faulty fan in there which is making a bad noise when it goes above a certain RPM or that (as i have basically no cable managment) there is a cable resting against the fan causing this noise.

Any suggestions, help or experiences you could share with me about that would be greatly apprecieated.

Cheers

-Adas

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi, I bought HP AU116TX from HP and it came with 4GB RAM. I want to upgrade my Ram and i believe one ram slot is free and i thought of upgrading 8GB Ram in that slot but there comes a big question. Which one to go for? I did a lot of research and crucial is out of option sicnce they support only HP-Compaq series. Corsair Vengenace is an option but im not sure if i can go with it and im not sure whats Max MHZ Ram my Laptop supports. CAN any one help me out.  ALso i couldnt find Vengenace with 2133 MHZ. Internet searches list only 2400 MHZ.

A:Best 8GB DDR4 Ram Module at 2133 MHZ for HP AU116TX

Your Manual: Manual See p. 35. It actually has 2 slots so if you want to upgrade to 8 gigs you only need another 4 gig module. You are definitely better off with 2 identical modules because of the "dual channel" thing and 8 gigs in dual channel is generally better than 12 in single channel as you get with mismatched modules. It will accept DDR4-2400 modules but downclock them to 2133.  Two SODIMM slots - customer non-accessible/non-upgradeable DDR4-2133 Dual Channel Support (DDR4-2400 bridge to DDR4?2133) Supports up to 16GB max system memory 4 GB 2133 MHz 1.2v DDR4 shared 820569-0058 GB 2133 MHz 1.2v DDR4 shared 820570-005 https://www.amazon.com/Crucial-Single-PC4-17000-SODIMM-260-Pin/dp/B015HQ9SI6/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=... The above link lets you pick either a 4 gig or 8 gig module. Technically this is only supposed to be done by an HP authorized tech, by the way.  If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Best-8GB-DDR4-Ram-Module-at-2133-MHZ-for-HP-AU116TX/td-p/5799409
Relevancy 45.15%

We've been collecting data on memory bandwidth for some time now - of course we have - but one of the big questions hanging over Skylake is what the DDR4 support really brings to the table. It's also worth comparing...

Read more

A:DDR3 vs. DDR4: Raw bandwidth by the numbers

It'll be a while before I step up to DDR4, by then things will have got even better.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ddr3-vs-ddr4-raw-bandwidth-by-the-numbers.219422/
Relevancy 45.15%
Relevancy 45.15%

Most computer technologies only last a short time before they are replaced by something new, but DDR RAM is one of the few that tends to last a while before being replaced. The original DDR SDRAM was launched in 2000...

Read more

A:Tech Primer: What you need to know about DDR4 memory

Maybe laptops will adopt DDR4 the fastest.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tech-primer-what-you-need-to-know-about-ddr4-memory.206820/
Relevancy 45.15%

The popular memory test program MemTest86 6.0 support introduces DDR4 RAM MemTest has been updated to version yesterday The new version introduces several new features and many changes of which the most important one is support for DDR RAM Support includes DDR RAM hardware as well as retrieval and reporting of DDR -specific details The new version of MemTest works like the old in many regards It is still provided as a standalone disk image that MemTest86 6.0 introduces DDR4 RAM support you need to copy to CD DVD USB Flash drive or other removable media that you can boot the computer from It displays an MemTest86 6.0 introduces DDR4 RAM support options screen during boot that you can use to run various MemTest86 6.0 introduces DDR4 RAM support memory related tests All versions of Memtest and later support dual-booting which refers to booting a version of the program compatible with UEFI or BIOS If you have downloaded the latest ISO image of the memory test program and run it on a machine not supporting UEFI you will notice that MemTest is offered as an option instead of the more recent MemTest that was released yesterday Both versions will run a test automatically on start automatically You can open the start menu in version which displays various information about the computer and test configuration options From here it is also possible to configure and run the new RAM Benchmark option with options to write the data to a file only if writable space is available Another new feature is the so-called Hammer Test which you find listed in the test selection menu It has been specifically designed to detect disturbance errors caused by charge leaking Several existing features of the application have received enhancements The top limit has been increased for CPUs to RAM modules to and memory controllers and support for various new technologies has been added as well You can download the latest version of MemTest from the official website It is available for Windows Linux and Mac systems It is free for personal use only a pro version is provided for businesses http www memtest com index html Source nbsp

https://malwaretips.com/threads/memtest86-6-0-introduces-ddr4-ram-support.42351/
Relevancy 45.15%

So I am wondering which mobo is the best I need quite a bit of USB slots I am wanting a good mobo for gaming SLI and also Asethetics and performance https www asus com Motherboards Z MING overview https www asus com Motherboards Z -A overview https www asus com Motherboards MA HERO overview I am a noob and have no idea what makes a good Mobo My build is (Choosing DDR4) mobo Help a Motherboard white I have white case and blue ram and white CPU cooler But since its black I think It will look dope My Motherboard Help (Choosing a mobo DDR4) case Noctis Basically I want it to beat my friends Mobo Amazon com MSI Computer Motherboard Help (Choosing a mobo DDR4) ATX DDR Motherboard Z A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM EDITION Computers amp Accessories was looking at this Amazon com ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII EXTREME ASSEMBLY EATX DDR LGA Motherboards Computers amp Accessories I don't care if u recommend me any brand aslong as its not MSI I wanted a mobo like his but I just cannot find one To make him jellay

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/128381-motherboard-help-choosing-mobo-ddr4.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,GotT440Machine type model20B6005BUS   Is it support DDR4 8GB MEMORY? Thanks...

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:T440 Is it support DDR4 8GB MEMORY?

From http://psref.lenovo.com/syspool%5CSys/PDF/ThinkPad/ThinkPad%20T440/ThinkPad_T440_Platform_Specificat...

8GB or 12GB* max7 / PC3-12800 1600MHz DDR3L, non-parity,dual-channel capable*, 4GB memory soldered to systemboard on selected models,one 204-pin SO-DIMM socket (*for the models with 4GB on-board memory)

Definitely NOT DDR4.  DDR3L (low voltage).

Z.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T440-Is-it-support-DDR4-8GB-MEMORY/td-p/3313224
Relevancy 45.15%

I just got a new motherboard, cpu, ram and ssd, my ram is DDR4 2133mhz it's a single 8gb stick, my mobo is ga-z170-gaming k3, I expeted speccy and cpu-z to show 2133mhz but they show it's working @1066Mhz altho in bios it says it's clocked at 2133mhz, is it supposed to be like that or is something setup wrong?

A:DDR4 RAM not working on highest possible speed?

Yes....by default, the RAM is/should be at 1333mhz. You then have to go into the BIOS and change it (frequency) to 2133mhz or use the XMP setting.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/66631-ddr4-ram-not-working-highest-possible-speed.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Dear Toshiba users, dear forum members,

i need some help on my research on this laptop:

Toshiba Satellite Pro A30t-C-111

I probably want to get one but I'm still unclear on some upgrade possibilities
Can I upgrade it to 16GB DDR4 2133 Mhz RAM with 1,20 Volts ?There is an unoccupied M.2 slot. Does it take a M.2 2242 SSD and could it boot from that drive?How thick is the DVD drive? What size ODD caddy (for adding another harddrive) to buy? 9mm or 9,5mm?Can I open and clean or upgrade the computer without losing warranty?
Thanks for your time and help,
Chris

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?92352-Toshiba-Satellite-Pro-A30t-C-111-DDR4-RAM-and-M2-SSD
Relevancy 45.15%

At the moment here in Cali where I live day temperatures rise to about degrees outside Inside the house it also gets warm Lately I have been watching my stock Ati Radeon XT because im always scared that it will melt under the combination of the room temperature and the actual GPU temperature it gets at max load At the moment my GPU hits c full load while running games Is this safe for the gpu to be this hot This page from the ATI forums about the X X s stated that the cards can run from the pc summer? about Confident lasting either - c Here is the site http forums guru d com showthread php t This site has given me a little trust that my gpu Confident about pc lasting the summer? will last each and every summer but I would like to get information from you guys about Confident about pc lasting the summer? the safe temp situation Here are my specs if it can further help AMD Athlon XP Asus A N sli deluxe ATI Radeon X XT gb WD HDD x gb Corsair XMS mem chips Creative Fatality Pro Soundcard Antec Smartpower PSU watter w v on the v rail rear mm exhaust fan mm side intake fan and x mm intake front fans So is my card normal at c full load This is the temp w o using ATI Tuner although I do have it and have used the temp control before but resetted it since I dont want the fan to be overused at speed Please guys make me feel comfortable w information nbsp

A:Confident about pc lasting the summer?

It will be fine.

I live in Az..Today it was 108, and we use a swamp cooler.

I'm running a 1900xt..its hot..but they can withstand high temps.Just give your comp rests every now and then..and don't load it to much.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/confident-about-pc-lasting-the-summer.81006/
Relevancy 45.15%

We all know how temperatures can affect system performance specially if you Over Clock but this is another subject I find myself living a few degrees north of the Equator in the island if Puerto Rico Temperarures here are generally tolerable thru out the year But summer time can be really hot This Keeping Cool Summer So here are some tips to keep your system cool specially Keeping Cool This Summer in summer time For the following If you dont know much about Computer hardware Its recommended to get someone who knows to do the job or to help you Clean the clutter around your pc let it breathe Clean out the vents Get a paint brush or tooth brush and clean the dust Time to open the case Take the case fans Keeping Cool This Summer out and clean them Clean the CPU fan And heat sink when ready to install back in place clean out the old thermal grease and apply a new coat of high grade thermal compound you will get better heat transfer spending a few pennies xtra than buying the cheap stuff Take everything out of the case and clean it Clean the case completly get rid of them dead roaches and cob webs Take your time when reasembling This is a very important step When assembling take the time to reorganize your wiring to improve air flow Tuck away unsused PSupply cables Use some elctrical tape or plastic ties to pick up dangling cables If using IDE pin cables try to fold them neatly there are pre-folded IDE cables for sale Do this and your system will look better and further more will stay cooler by improving air flow Check your fans make sure that they all work Including the one inside the Power Supply If this fan is not working is time to get a new power supply unit DO NOT attemp to replace this fan Nor to open the Power Supply May result In DEATH As high voltage residual charge is left in the unit even when unplugged Spend a few buck in some good fans if you are not satisfied with your temps Use For example Everest to monitor system temps I replaced all stock fans from my system to higher grade ones Including Video card fans There is total drop of degrees f in idle and a degrees f while playing games Nornal v-card temps were f idle f running Now f idle f running CPU normal f idle f on full load Now f Idle f on load Ambient temps F now f A chipset Fan is also welcome And if you are still not satified you can do the following Move your PC to an air condioned room Use an external fan to blow on your PC Invest in water cooling this works wonders if you have around to invest There in another device in the market dont know the name of it but it is said to work like an internal air conditioner for the CPU an other periferals The cost is around Move to the North pole I heard is quite chilly there One may think your PC will stay cool enough the whole year To finalize do this your system will thank you will run smother when cooler And you will be extending the life of your system

A:Keeping Cool This Summer

Some good tips there. My computer's been feeling the heat quite a bit, and I'm only in north west England.

I found that blowing an external fan on the PC doesn't make much of a difference in this weather as you're still just blowing the same temperature air on to it from your room. All it's doing is shifting the air off your stuff quicker.

Air conditioners or air coolers (water/ice based) are the best thing to use if you can afford them. My room's on the top floor of the house, and from 3pm onwards the sun shines directly in to my window, so it does get quite toasty up here, but if I keep my door open and have a fan next to it with a window open, it helps keep the room a bit cooler as it blows in cooler air from downstairs.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/235417-keeping-cool-summer.html
Relevancy 45.15%

We all know how temperatures can affect system performance specially if you Over Clock but this is Cool This Keeping Summer another subject I find myself living a few degrees north of the Equator in the island if Puerto Rico Temperarures here are generally tolerable thru out the year But summer time can be really hot So here are some tips to keep your system cool specially in Keeping Cool This Summer summer time For the following If you dont know much about Computer hardware Its recommended to get someone who knows to do the job or to help you Clean the clutter around your pc let it breathe Clean out the vents Get a paint brush or tooth brush and clean the dust Time to open the case Take the case fans out and clean them Clean the CPU fan And heat sink when ready to install back in place clean out the old thermal grease and apply a new coat of high grade thermal compound you will get better heat transfer spending a few pennies xtra than buying the cheap stuff Take everything out of the case and clean it Clean the case completly get rid of them dead roaches and cob webs Take your time when reasembling This is a very important step When assembling take the time to reorganize your wiring to improve air flow Tuck away unsused PSupply cables Use some elctrical tape or plastic ties to pick up dangling cables If using IDE pin cables try to fold them neatly there are pre-folded IDE cables for sale Do this and your system will look better and further more will stay cooler by improving air flow Check your fans make sure that they all work Including the one inside the Power Supply If this fan is not working is time to get a new power supply unit DO NOT attemp to replace this fan Nor to open the Power Supply May result In DEATH As high voltage residual charge is left in the unit even when unplugged Spend a few buck in some good fans if you are not satisfied with your temps Use For example Everest to monitor system temps I replaced all stock fans from my system to higher grade ones Including Video card fans There is total drop of degrees f in idle and a degrees f while playing games Nornal v-card temps were f idle f running Now f idle f running CPU normal f idle f on full load Now f Idle f on load Ambient temps F now f A chipset Fan is also welcome And if you are still not satified you can do the following Move your PC to an air condioned room Use an external fan to blow on your PC Invest in water cooling this works wonders if you have around to invest There in another device in the market dont know the name of it but it is said to work like an internal air conditioner for the CPU an other periferals The cost is around Move to the North pole I heard is quite chilly there One may think your PC will stay cool enough the whole year To finalize do this your system will thank you will run smother when cooler And you will be extending the life of your system

A:Keeping Cool This Summer

Some good tips there. My computer's been feeling the heat quite a bit, and I'm only in north west England.

I found that blowing an external fan on the PC doesn't make much of a difference in this weather as you're still just blowing the same temperature air on to it from your room. All it's doing is shifting the air off your stuff quicker.

Air conditioners or air coolers (water/ice based) are the best thing to use if you can afford them. My room's on the top floor of the house, and from 3pm onwards the sun shines directly in to my window, so it does get quite toasty up here, but if I keep my door open and have a fan next to it with a window open, it helps keep the room a bit cooler as it blows in cooler air from downstairs.

http://www.vistax64.com/overclocking-cooling/235417-keeping-cool-summer.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I have used Chrome for about a year or so. In Chrome I had the link to Outlook and was able to access both email addresses I needed. One is for home and the other work. But Outlook stopped that. Now I have to sign out of one and sign into the other making it much more of a hassle since I go back and forth often.
Funny thing is I have an address I made recently at gmail and that shows in outlook. Very confusing. MSN said they stopped this option for the setup in Outlook because of security. But why does Gmail show ?

A:Outlook changed this summer now what can I do?

Outlook.com support is here,
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/mail-email/frequently-asked-questions-for-outlookcom/806676a2-ec0b-4fb9-bdfe-fc23c5596738

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/300661-outlook-changed-summer-now-what-can-i-do.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Usually my CPU runs at 48 degree Celcius. Now, during these 20+ degree C summer days we've been having lately, it's running at 51.

Is this normal? Help set a paranoid guy at ease.

Also, I'm not 100% sure, but I think my tem reads about 10 degrees hotter than it really is, but for arguments sake, let's just sya it is 51.

BTW, my main concern is for the benefit of running Soldier of Fortune II without a crash, as too much heat makes it crash. It will run at about 53-55 degrees during gameplay if the idle temperature is 51.

Relevancy 45.15%

hi there thanks for your time pc is running a little slow so figured time for a cleansing heres my log Logfile Summer hijack Cleaning~ log of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe Summer Cleaning~ hijack log C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe F Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO EWPBrowseObject Class - F E- - E - AAF- BC A A BE - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint EWPBrowseLoader dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar Easy-WebPrint - C -E D- c -AA D- AC BABA C - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Toolband dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run CanonMyPrinter quot C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMyPrt exe quot logon O - HKLM Run SSBkgdUpdate quot C Program Files Common Files Scansoft Shared SSBkgdUpdate SSBkgdupdate exe quot -Embedding -boot O - HKLM Run OpwareSE quot C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe quot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run AnyDVD quot C Program Files SlySoft AnyDVD AnyDVD exe quot O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot -quiet O - HKCU Run swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe O - Global Startup Logitech SetPoint lnk O - Extra context menu item amp Yahoo Search - file C Program Files Yahoo Common ycsrch htm O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Yahoo amp Dictionary - file C Program Files Yahoo Common ycdict htm O - Extra context menu item Yahoo amp Maps - file C Program Files Yahoo Common ycmap htm O - Extra context menu item Yahoo amp SMS - file C Program Files Yahoo Common ycsms htm O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre ... Read more

A:Summer Cleaning~ hijack log

Looks clean. The Startup list could be trimmed down though

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/summer-cleaning-hijack-log.596560/
Relevancy 45.15%

Yikes - I do like to take things a little slower in Solved: Down Slowing for Summer the dog dayz of summer but this has finally got ridiculus Any ideas Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C Solved: Slowing Down for Summer WINDOWS system winlogon Solved: Slowing Down for Summer exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS System CTSvcCDA EXE C Program Files ewido anti-malware ewidoctrl exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C Program Files McAfee MSK MskSrver exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Pure Networks Shared Platform nmsrvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan McShield exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C Program Files Common Files Dell EUSW Support exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe C Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C Program Files Creative SBAudigy DVDAudio CTDVDDet EXE C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C Program Files Dell Support Alert bin NotifyAlert exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Pure Networks Shared Platform nmctxth exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Creative Shared Files Media Sniffer MtdAcq EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - FD D- B- FC- - AE - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dll O - BHO no name - B DE- C - BF-B B- B F A E - C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyside dll O - BHO McAntiPhishingBHO - C E- F E- D C- F-F BD D CF - c PROGRA mcafee msk mcapbho dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan scriptsn dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor - BF - F - - - FE E AA - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run ATIModeChange Ati mdxx exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run DwlClient C Program Files Common Files Del... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-slowing-down-for-summer.739542/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello, California is currently going through a heatwave with temps of up to 90-100 degrees. Because of this, my comp has been getting hot lately. My Athlon XP 2800+ Processer reached a temp of 62 degrees from the normal 56 degrees, both HDDs reached 54 degrees and my motherboard temp went up to 45. Are these temps safe? or should I just shut off my comp until I can buy better cooling equippment?

A:Summer computer temps.

Well that's normal here and the temps out side are messured in fahrenheit, were as computer temps are messured in celsius.

So you computer is at 63 C were as in fahernheit it's at 143 dregres. That is very close to frying. Clean out all the dust inside the case with some compresed air in can.

Another great thing to do is not use the computer around noon.

go out side and swim, it's what I do like everyone else in Cali

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/summer-computer-temps.51523/
Relevancy 44.72%

Will the Envy 15 as020nr work with 16GB memory modules?  In particular, will the Viper module from Patriot work (16GB 2166 1.2V DDR4)?  The biggest the manual lists is 8Gb (2133 1.2V DDR4). (P/N 820448-858) 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/envy-15-memory-upgrade-ddr4-2133/td-p/5733832
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a Pavilion 15-AK007TX laptop. Is it possible to replace the existing DDR3L RAM with a DDR4 ram?

A:Is it possible to install a DDR4 Stick in pavilion 15-AK007T...

Hi, No, it won't fit physicacally and if fitted won't work. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Is-it-possible-to-install-a-DDR4-Stick-in-pavilion-15/td-p/5684917
Relevancy 44.29%

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20050215-4617.html

Jillian

Relevancy 44.29%

I know that a few more GeForce 8000 series graphics cards were recently released. Does anyone know where I can find more information on future cards from both ATI and nVidia for this summer. I know that price cuts are often planned ahead of time also, such as recent price cuts for AMD processors as well as Intel's E4300 processor.

I am looking for any information, either regarding product releases or price cuts, as I am planning to build a new system. Thanks for reading and posting.

A:video card market for this summer

Hi,

ATI will soon be releaseing thier first DX10 offering next month (May 07). Take a look at this chart and scroll dwn to the R600 Series section, those will be the new ATI cards coming out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_ATI_Graphics_Processing_Units

Nvidia just released thier 8600 and 8500 cards to add to their DX10 GeForce 8 Series.. also, supposedly in the next few months (summer maybe?) Nvidia will be releaseing thier 8900 series cards. Here is a listing of all of Nvidia Series Cards, the newer ones are under the GeForce 8 Series section.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_NVIDIA_Graphics_Processing_Units

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-card-market-for-this-summer.565942/
Relevancy 44.29%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files TGTSoft StyleXP StyleXPService exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exec Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC Program Files ewido anti-malware ewidoctrl exec Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC WINDOWS System nvsvc exeC Program Files Softex OmniPass Omniserv exeC Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exeC Program Files Softex OmniPass OPXPApp exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files AIM aim exeC Program Files InterVideo Common Bin WinCinemaMgr exeC Program Files BitTorrent bittorrent exeC HJT HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page bak http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Toolbar Popup Blocker - A AE-CDEF- D -BA -A D - c windows TOOLBA DLLO - Toolbar Startup/summer Errors Cleaning..thanks On amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocxO - HKLM Run Errors On Startup/summer Cleaning..thanks QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odlO - Startup BitTorrent lnk C Program Files BitTorrent bittorrent exeO Errors On Startup/summer Cleaning..thanks - Global Startup InterVideo WinCinema Manager lnk C Program Files InterVideo Common Bin WinCinemaMgr exeO - Global Startup Quicken Scheduled Updates lnk C Program Files Quicken bagent exeO - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console Errors On Startup/summer Cleaning..thanks - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dllO - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exeO - Extra button PartyCasino com - B B -A - c - F C-F A C FCC D - C Program Files PartyGaming PartyCasino RunCasino exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem PartyCasino com - B B -A - c - F C-F A C FCC D - C Program Files PartyGaming PartyCasino RunCasino exeO - Extra button PartyPoker com - B FE D - AA - F - C B- A F E - C Program Files PartyGaming PartyPoker RunApp exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem PartyPoker com - B FE D - AA - F - C B- A F E - C Program Files PartyGaming PartyPoker RunApp exeO - Extra button no name - D C -E F - bb -BCB -DB F BFBB F - C Program Files SafeGuard Popup Blocker Pro PBOptions exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Popup Blocker Options - D C -E F - bb -BCB -DB F BFBB F - C Program Files SafeGuard Popup Blocker Pro PBOptions exeO - Extra button MoneySide - E F - C A- -A E -A DEA A - C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyside dllO - DPF A C - - D -BF - A CCE B TTestGenXInstallObject - http www mathxl com wizmodules testgen i GenXInstall cabO - DPF FE - - E-AFAD-DEB EDE PearsonAsstX Control - http www mathxl com applets PearsonInstallAsst cabO - DPF A A - DA - DAF-B - F E E ActiveScan Installer Class - http www pandasoftware com activescan as asinst cabO - DPF C DD - E - AE -BD - B DeltaCVX Control - http www mathxl com applets DeltaCVX cabO - Winlogon Notify cfgmngr - C WINDOWS system cfgmngr dllO - Winlogon Notify igfxcui - C WINDOWS SYSTEM igfxsrvc dllO - Winlogon Notify OPXPGina - C Program Files Softex OmniPass opxpgina dllO - Winlogon Notify WOW - C WINDOWS system tvxVfWCodec dllO - Service NET Framework Service NET Connection Service - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS svchost exe file missing O - Service Symantec Event Manager ccEvtMgr - Symantec Corporation - c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeO - Service Symantec Password Validation Service ccPwdSvc - Syman... Read more

A:Errors On Startup/summer Cleaning..thanks

Hi,

The forums are really busy, that explains why logs get behind. If you still need some help, please start with posting a new hijackthislog in this thread. Don't start with a new thread.
Then I'll take a look.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/53508/errors-on-startupsummer-cleaningthanks/
Relevancy 44.29%

Avast General settings

Enable reputation services
Enable CyberCapture
Always block suspicious files

Enable Hardened mode
Moderate

Scan for potentially unwanted programs (PUPs)
Avast Sandbox settings

Save trusted downloaded files outside the sandbox
Allow all virtualised applications to access the internet
Virtualised folders
Downloads

Avast (Not Installed) Components

Mail Shield
Secure DNS
Antispam
SafeZone Browser
Security browser extension
SafePrice browser extension
SecureLine VPN
Cleanup

A:Spawn's Security until Summer 2018

Nice setup.Use a backup solution like O&O AutoBackup/O&O DiskImage Professional.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/spawns-security-until-summer-2018.64736/
Relevancy 44.29%

Could someone please look at this start-up list from hiJack this.
When I click on certain items in web pages everthing stops, except for the mouse pointer, repeated right clicks on the taskbar will bring up an empty box and sometimes it just starts to work again, same with task manager, clicking on the running process makes it start again other times I have to end it. This problem also happens offline but not as much.

Relevancy 44.29%

When Microsoft pulled the fantastic messaging everywhere feature from the anniversary update, it was promised that a SMS relay feature would be integrated into the skype preview app "this summer". Well, summer is now over, any update on where the SMS integration into skype is at?

A:Summer is over, where is 'messaging everywhere' in skype preview?

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question When Microsoft pulled the fantastic messaging everywhere feature from the anniversary update, it was promised that a SMS relay feature would be integrated into the skype preview app "this summer". Well, summer is now over, any update on where the SMS integration into skype is at? so far nothing has shown up yet
Did they mention which summer? Could be New Zealand summer

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438412-summer-over-where-messaging-everywhere-skype-preview.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I am planning to upgrade the RAM in my Inspiron 7368 2-in-1. Today it is 2x4gb DDR4 and I wanted to make it 2x16gb DDR4 - is it possible?
Thanks!

A:What's the limit of RAM that I can upgrade in a Inspiron 7368 2-in-1 2x4gb DDR4?

16 G max is the official limit - 2X8.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993272
Relevancy 44.29%

Anybody knows which DDR4 memory modules work with this model? I tried 2x16gb 2400Mhz modules and they didn't work. Any experience?

A:RAM memory DDR4 compatible modules for pavilion 17- ab000nv

Hi, No, they won't physically fit. Even if fitted, they won't run that speed. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/RAM-memory-DDR4-compatible-modules-for-pavilion-17-ab000nv/td-p/5767547
Relevancy 44.29%

I dont get why there are DDR, DDR2, DDR3, DDR4 (I think it goes to 4).

Like they all go in PCI-Xpress 16x slots. Will all of them work with a PCI-express 16x slot?
Wouldnt it be best to get the fastest DDR RAM? Or do you want it to match your PC?

IE: I use PC3200 400mhz ddr ram for my pc, would my video card wanna be just ddr?

A:Video Cards, ddr, ddr2, ddr3, ddr4? Does something matter here?

Well the memory on the card has nothing to do with the memory on the computer. the memory on the card act like the memeory on the computer. It will store thing there for faster access. So the faster the memory faster the resaults.
It just like regular memory but geared toward video cards. It just different speed of memory

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-cards-ddr-ddr2-ddr3-ddr4-does-something-matter-here.524519/
Relevancy 43.86%

Summer time won't start on 27th of March in Turkey however the system says that it will start it on that day.
Summer time start for Turkey is on 28th March.

Source: Turkey Starts DST One Day Later Due to Exam

A:Summer time update issue for Turkey

This is a one time only decision, as told in http://www.timeanddate.com/news/time...dst-2011.html:

Quote:
Nationwide Exam Pushes DST Start Date

The Transition to Higher Education Examination (YGS) is a nationwide exam that is scheduled to take place on Sunday, March 27, 2011. It is the first-round exam that determines the students? chances of being accepted into a university program.

Turkish educators objected to the DST start date because 1.5 million students will take the nationwide exam on that day. They feared that switching to DST on the same day as the exam might cause unnecessary stress for students.

Thus, the Cabinet decided to move daylight saving time to Monday, March 28 which is one day later than originally scheduled.

Basically, you have two options. First, just forget it and let your computer have wrong time for 24 hours. In my opinion, this would not be so big deal.

Second option is to disable time synchronization and summer time adjustment today, and re-enable them on Monday.

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/152996-summer-time-update-issue-turkey.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I find that removing the side panel of the case allows my CPU to run cooler by 5'C. From 52'C Idle down to 47'C.

Is it possible that extra cooling or better fans than existing will keep it that low with side panel attached? :blush:

A:Summer Weather = Increased Ambient Temps

Yes.

Better room cooling will also keep those temps down. I ran an extra duct from my central AC unit to the room. This room is now as cool as the rest of the house and my temps are pretty consistant.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/summer-weather-increased-ambient-temps.2099/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,I dont know if this belongs here but in the windows community they told my to reinstall windows...After the big update in th summer I cant see a photo in the lock screen, only a color.Any one else know the problem and can help? Lenovo z40-70 windows 10 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/No-photo-on-lock-screen-since-summer-update/td-p/3484138
Relevancy 43.86%

Symantec identifies Dirtiest Web Sites of Summer Symantec is out with its quot Dirtiest Web Sites of Summer quot which it s calling quot the worst of the worst quot when it comes to malware threats That means that more than half the sites cover a wide range of other categories including legal services catering figure skating and electronics shopping according to the report On average sites on the dirtiest list have threats per site but of the sites have in excess of threats One site that appears to offer restaurant catering services has computer threats One method for infection is quot drive by downloads quot which can exploit a vulnerability in your browser or operating system by quot leveraging little security holes quot and injecting code into your machine simply by Sites Symantec Summer' of Web 'Dirtiest identifies virtue of your visiting the site Another route to Symantec identifies 'Dirtiest Web Sites of Summer' infections is social engineering where someone tricks a user into installing a malicious application that Symantec identifies 'Dirtiest Web Sites of Summer' can masquerade as a plug-in to play media or even a fake security program that claims to help you find Symantec identifies 'Dirtiest Web Sites of Summer' and remove malware Instead it installs malware on your machine Click to expand -- Tom nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/symantec-identifies-dirtiest-web-sites-of-summer.853940/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello I would like to know is if you were using the laptop while it is placed in the bedroom and the room was very warm(maybe above the average room temperature by 10-20C) because of Hot weather and windows are closed/doors plus not gaming but just watching videos.

I'm a bit worried about using the laptop during summer since it is roasting and my question is Could this damage the laptop or the components or the battery? I don't know about room temperature but I'm sure summer heat will cause it to rise.

A:Can hot summer weather temperature damage the laptop?

Quote:
because of Hot weather and windows are closed/doors

Why ? - open some windows it will help cool the place (unless your using air-con). A laptop cooler will help

(eg)

Also make sure your Laptop air intakes and fans are clean.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/296781-can-hot-summer-weather-temperature-damage-laptop.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Microsoft last week outlined the timetable it will use to drop browser support for sites that secure traffic with SHA-1 certificates, part of an Internet-wide plan to rid the Internet of the weaker encryption... both Internet Explorer (IE) and Edge will stop displaying a lock icon for sites that reply on a SHA-1 certificate...
Microsoft's IE and Edge won't actually block sites signed with a SHA-1 certificate until Feb. 14, 2017, that month's Patch Tuesday.
www.computerworld.com/.../microsoft-to-begin-sha-1-crypto-shutoff-with-windows-10s-summer-upgrade.html

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/virus-spyware/f/3522/t/19780822
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,I dont know if this belongs here but in the windows community they told my to reinstall windows...After the big update in th summer I cant see a photo in the lock screen, only a color.Any one else know the problem and can help?  

A:No photo on lock screen since summer update

You don't state which laptop or operating system but if it's Windows 10 try this:

"lock screen" in the tool bar search box.  Click on "lock screen settings".  See if "show lock screen background picture on the sign-on screen" is ON.

Z.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/No-photo-on-lock-screen-since-summer-update/td-p/3479674
Relevancy 43.86%

I want to upgrade my new Pavilion 24-b037c to 16GB of RAM by adding another 8GB RAM module. Can anyone tell me the exact Samsung Part Number that matches the factory-installed 8GB DDR4-2133 RAM module? Thanks! Memory upgrade information from HP Product Specifications for Pavilion 24-b037c? ? Dual channel memory architecture? Two DDR4 SODIMM (260-pin) sockets? Supports up to PC4-17000 (DDR4-2133)? Supports 2 GB, 4 GB, and 8 GB DDR4 SODIMMs

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Samsung-Part-Number-For-8GB-DDR4-2133-RAM-upgrade-for/td-p/5753309
Relevancy 43.86%
Relevancy 43.86%

Corsair has unveiled the world's first available 128GB DDR4 unbuffered memory kits. Aimed squarely at content creators running memory-hungry applications, the three new kits are available in Corsair's Dominator Platinum Series and Vengeance LPX and lines.

Read more

A:Corsair launches 128GB DDR4 kits starting at $1755

This is how I felt while reading this... and then when I saw the price.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-launches-128gb-ddr4-kits-starting-at-1755.213139/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi all,

I'm thinking of rigging an off-site backup of sorts, with putting an old computer in my shed. It's protected from the elements as far as rain or snow, but obviously it's not heated or air-conditioned. What I'm wondering, is would this be safe? Would components be susceptible to freezing in the winter or overheating in the summer?

If so, do you know of any insulated cases or any other way to safely have a computer in a room that doesn't either have A/C or heat?

Thanks!

A:Can a computer withstand winter/summer extreme temperatures?

How cold are your winters? The computer can heat itself in the winter as long as it's in a box or some other small space (unless you live upwards of the arctic circle or sth). Any cardboard box ought to do. You can even rig it to run at 100% CPU to put out more heat

Now, summer heat is a bigger problem. How hot does it get in your shed?

In addition to temperatures, you have to consider humidity too. Again, this depends on your climate and how the shed is built.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-a-computer-withstand-winter-summer-extreme-temperatures.97160/
Relevancy 43.43%

I can't figure out the file or files involved here I have kept this thing from proliferating by using on a daily basis some of the tools that are commonly used by the individuals that frequent this forum I had two backups of my system on two separate usb drives but one was infected and the other became infected during Possible early problem since rootkit summer Persistent installed. an installation attempt I believe this to be an NSA unix rootkit but I could be wrong It seems to be reintroduced by my ISP as I have reinstalled several times after nuking the hard drives This is very serious If I can't figure a way around it as I have myriad years of experience with MS OSes and programming I have taken the liberty of posting a combofix log as an attachment This was created using the best practice methodolgy My expertise does not lie in viruses malware or the like I hope someone that has such expertise can aid me in ridding my system of this nonsense I would be very thankful for any such help I was so sure that it was NSA related that I allowed banking info to be collected by the Possible rootkit installed. Persistent problem since early summer malware Nothing has been stolen from that particular account They may be trying to steal source code from me but this will never happen as I have a state of the art laptop that never goes on the Internet that contains such code These days you have to have two computers one for surfing and one for work related activities that NEVER sees the Web This is not definitive proof of what I theorize but it is a strong indication of such parasites being on my system See attached combofix log below ComboFix - - - Douglas J Balsillie - x Microsoft Windows Professional GMT - Running from c downloads ComboFix exe AV Microsoft Security Essentials Disabled Updated B ECF CD- - -DBA -AA C ACFB A SP Microsoft Security Essentials Disabled Updated C D - B - D-E - BD BB B SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Files Created from - - to - - - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Public AppData Local temp - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Douglas J Balsillie AppData Local temp - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Default AppData Local temp - - - - -------- d-----w- c programdata RogueKiller - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft Microsoft Antimalware Definition Updates E E A - DE - F - DBF- D AA F mpengine dll - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft Microsoft Antimalware Definition Updates Backup mpengine dll - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Douglas J Balsillie AppData Local VirtualStore - - - - -------- d-----w- c windows system catroot - - - - -------- d-----w- C RegBackup - - - - ----a-w- c windows system iedkcs dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers afd sys - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft Microsoft Antimalware Definition Updates A BA B- - B -A E- A DA EB gapaengine dll - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Windows Firewall Control - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x Common Files Adobe AIR - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Douglas J Balsillie AppData Roaming ATI - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Mozilla Firefox - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Winlister-x - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x Autoruns - - - - -------- d-----w- c windows SysWow Adobe - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files File Shredder - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Ofview-x - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files paint net - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Douglas J Balsillie AppData Local paint net Find M Report - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers TrueSight sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system MRT exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow FlashPlayerApp exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow FlashPlayerCPLApp cpl - - - - ----a-w- c windows apppatch acwow dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows PAExec exe - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft VisualStudio ResourceCache dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow mfc dat - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers tmco... Read more

A:Possible rootkit installed. Persistent problem since early summer

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/596359 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new FRST log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download FRST by Farbar from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.FRST Download LinkWhen you go to the above page, there will be 32-bit and 64-bit downloads available. Please click on the appropriate one for your version of Windows. If you are unsure as to whether your Windows is 32-bit or 64-bit, please see this tutorial.Double click on the FRST icon and allow it to run. Agree to the usage agreement and FRST will open. Do not make any changes and click on the Scan button. Notepad will open with the results. Post the new logs as explained in the prep guide. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/596359/possible-rootkit-installed-persistent-problem-since-early-summer/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi there We all know W will be released early in the new year While the pressure on to get people to move from XP to W prompted Ms to offer FREE upgrades for people who bought XP for a few months before W was finally released - there isn't such a problem with W gt W So do you summer from late PC's offer free new buyers upgrades Will for of Ms think Ms's largesse in allowing Free upgrades for people who buy the older OS in the short period before the newer one is released will continue Free upgrades or will they make people pay the Full upgrade price if they want the upgrade I'm sure the PC manufacturers Will Ms offer free upgrades for buyers of new PC's from late summer will attempt to get MS to provide free upgrades since this could stall the market quite severely for a few months and around XMAS time too While sceptics weren't sure of W initially -- more and more people are actually quite liking it --although they do need to look at it more than once before they start getting to like it Cheers jimbo

A:Will Ms offer free upgrades for buyers of new PC's from late summer

Originally Posted by jimbo45

Hi there
We all know W8 will be released early in the new year.

No we dont!!! if it ain't publicly released in time for the xmas market then it will flop, atm it's following pretty much the same path as Windows 7 which means it should RTM in July/August and release to public October/November.

There is no way MSFT will miss the xmas market.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/6010-will-ms-offer-free-upgrades-buyers-new-pcs-late-summer.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Does anyone know of a DSL or broadband service that you can half the time in the North (Des Moines in this specific question) and South (Naples) for the other six months?

Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dsl-broadband-for-snowbirds-north-in-summer-south-in-winter.582934/
Relevancy 43.43%

Easy Tips on Cyber Security and Use of Social Media This Summer Summer is in swing This is the time of the year when the majority of employees take time off work due to child-care with schools being closed and wanting to & Summer on This Cyber Media Using Tips Security Social spending time recharging their batteries Social Tips on Cyber Security & Using Social Media This Summer media and cyber security play a big role in the summer On Tips on Cyber Security & Using Social Media This Summer a daily basis and particularly when we travel we are all guilty of sharing personal Tips on Cyber Security & Using Social Media This Summer photographs pictures of our families and kids on our social media accounts With publicly showing our meals out or just picnics in the park everybody can see where we go how long for and when we are back home Cyber security is an issue that is becoming predominant both in our business and home life That s why we all need to educate ourselves in looking after our own online privacy in order to reduce potential risks such as burglaries for example Our public Twitter accounts can be merciless if a savvy criminal is planning to act Advertising your vacation plans on social media seems like a sharing-fun thing to do however digital footprints are all clues available to anyone who is trying to find out about us We re all guilty of Googling our names so yes potential criminals can track down your address this way They can track you down by checking your other social media accounts for clues They can easily identify where you live Did you know that insurance claims may not be granted if you have a public display of your whereabouts on social media splashed all over the internet This may result in a claim that cannot be validated So here are just a few easy tips to share for a safer summer Be cautious what posts and images you share on social media Who can see your posts Do you know your settings Spend some time checking how safe your Twitter account is as well as Facebook Here are some guides Click here for information on how to secure your Twitter account and here for tips on how to secure your Facebook account The beautiful holiday scenery pictures posted on a daily basis can only contribute to an easy burglary if any savvy criminal out there is ready to act If you still fancy sharing the pictures of your idyllic vacation with friends and family what about posting a whole album together with notes about the holiday once you are back home by Nada Giuffrida July nbsp

https://malwaretips.com/threads/tips-on-cyber-security-using-social-media-this-summer.61848/
Relevancy 43.43%

I ran a Farbar scan but I don't know what to do with those logs or how to use farbar to remove the malware I ran MBAM and it didnt show anything but I only did a basic search so I'll do a complete and provide the results in the meantime I ran Network Monitor and saved a couple of captures and print screens of command prompt's netstat command Is it worth attzching them Because there's a chance all this is from one or two I've give All they viruses and by my been Malsquito's bitten summer machine scripters with some contributing red bull shop-runners Any help is appreciated thanks This is the farbar infi scriopt All summer I've been bitten by Malsquito's and they give my machine viruses Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Harrison administrator on HARRISON-HP - - Running from C Users Harrison Desktop Loaded Profiles Harrison Available Profiles Harrison Platform Windows Home Premium Service Pack X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser IE Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files x AVG AVG avgrsa exe AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files x AVG AVG avgcsrva exe IBM Corp C Program Files x Trusteer Rapport bin RapportMgmtService exe AMD C Windows System atiesrxx exe AMD C Windows System atieclxx exe Avira Operations GmbH amp Co KG C Program Files x Avira Antivirus sched exe Andrea Electronics Corporation C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA AERTSr exe Advanced Micro Devices Inc C Program Files ATI Technologies All summer I've been bitten by Malsquito's and they give my machine viruses ATI ACE Fuel Fuel Service exe Avira Operations GmbH amp Co KG C Program Files x Avira Antivirus avguard exe AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files x AVG AVG avgidsagent exe AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files x AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Microsoft BingBar SeaPort EXE EasyBits Software AS C Windows SysWOW ezSharedSvcHost exe Hewlett-Packard Company C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Client Services HPClientServices exe Hewlett-Packard Development Company L P C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch HPWMISVC exe Realsil Microelectronics Inc C Program Files x Realtek Realtek PCIE Card Reader RIconMan exe Malwarebytes C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe Malwarebytes C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVCM EXE Avira Operations GmbH amp Co KG C Program Files x Avira Launcher Avira ServiceHost exe AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files x AVG AVG avgnsa exe AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files x AVG AVG avgemca exe WIBU-SYSTEMS AG C Program Files x CodeMeter Runtime bin CodeMeter exe Avira Operations GmbH amp Co KG C Program Files x Avira Antivirus avshadow exe Hewlett-Packard Company C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Support Solutions HPSupportSolutionsFrameworkService exe Malwarebytes C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtkNGUI exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe Spotify Ltd C Users Harrison AppData Roaming Spotify SpotifyWebHelper exe IBM Corp C Program Files x Trusteer Rapport bin RapportService exe WIBU-SYSTEMS AG C Program Files x CodeMeter Runtime bin CodeMeterCC exe AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files x AVG AVG avgui exe Avira Operations GmbH amp Co KG C Program Files x Avira Antivirus avgnt exe Avira Operations GmbH amp Co KG C Program Files x Avira Launcher Avira Systray exe Disc Soft Ltd C Program Files DAEMON Tools Lite D... Read more

A:All summer I've been bitten by Malsquito's and they give my machine viruses

Also! attached are some recent CMD netstat traffic, bye

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/625618/all-summer-ive-been-bitten-by-malsquitos-and-they-give-my-machine-viruses/
Relevancy 43%

Quote:

At a private event for press and analysts on Thursday, Microsoft revealed more details about its Windows 10 launch plans.

Thursday's announcement, held in conjunction with the Build developers' conference in San Francisco, didn't include an actual date. Microsoft execs continue to commit only to a launch "this summer." If the report from an overly talkative hardware partner is accurate, though, that milestone will be in late July.

Joe Belfiore, Corporate Vice President of Microsoft's Operating Systems Group, confirmed what most Microsoft watchers had previously suspected: The summer launch will be only for the client version of Windows 10, on x86-based PCs and tablets. The Windows 10 releases for phones, small tablets, Xbox, and Hololens will follow at unspecified later dates, probably this year.

Windows 10's summer launch date is first step in a slow roll-out | ZDNet

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/windows-10s-summer-launch-date-is-first-step-in-a-slow-roll-out-990417.html
Relevancy 42.57%

quot On a day to day basis a lot of people who aren't diagnosed with a specific illness may not swtor credit buy know the importance of protecting yourself against these pollutants Insult to your airways on a repeated basis can summer swtor cheap rewared and 4X points gift: 9% Catch off swtor2credits lead to dire consequences quot said Rizzo section chief of pulmonary critical care medicine at Christiana Care Health System in Wilmington Del Hi fans of Star Wars The Old Republic since Swtor Chapter has been released for days are you looking forward to something new If it is this news is for you Learn about the future of the game and Catch swtor2credits summer gift: 4X rewared points and 9% off cheap swtor have a preview for the next expansion Knights of the Eternal Throne Hello players in SWTOR Swtor credits Summer Fun X reward points and discount code FUN for Catch swtor2credits summer gift: 4X rewared points and 9% off cheap swtor swtor credits from Aug to Aug After decades of solar physics research the advanced instrumentation aboard the SDO will answer many mysteries about our nearest star and will no doubt uncover new questions Already solar physicists are examining whether long standing solar theories are holding true and the SDO's sheer power will help scientists protect the Earth against potentially paralyzing space weather About million of the million plan would be financed through bonds mainly federal stimulus bonds according to the plan Another million would be financed through cash contributions including about million in profits combined profits for the Tournament of Roses a long time tenant and the Rose Bowl Operating Co the agency created by the city to manage the stadium from the Bowl Championship Series BCS title game quot We're selling an overwhelming flood of it quot says Richie Gerber co owner of Bread of Life Natural Foods in Fort Lauderdale and the new Bread of Life Natural Food Market and Deli in Plantation quot Ever since L tryptophan was taken off the market several years ago there has been a void in the natural sleep product area quot That's when Frampton watching with his sister and a friend as they drove by the store on Washington Boulevard intervened He gunned his car's engine raced into the lot and leapt out I look forward to working with her and watching her develop our program into a competitive NCAA Division II basketball program quot For Sword this will be her first collegiate head coaching position and she becomes the Arrows fourth coach in program history She has served as an assistant coach at all three levels of the NCAA Division I II and III following a successful playing career at the Division I level at Cleveland State quot I want to build a program that mirrors the mission and values that are the foundation of Ursuline College quot Sword said This time of year we mark the terrifying moments of struggle in the jaws of the ocean's top predator We recall the ordeals of surgery and rehabilitation And the crisis will eventually provoke political conflict albeit not on the scale of a world war but violent all the same 'There will be blood'Canada's banks are finally getting some respect Derided for years as meek and mild while banks around the world expanded wildly suddenly the reputation of Canada's big lenders as prudent and sometimes downright boring has become an asset instead of a liability President Barack Obama has heaped praise on the management of this country's financial system Jan Photo Credit Photo by Paul Mazza quot The format is the same but the only difference is that we have divided the show into three parts We will have to episodes but it will be divided into parts An estimated percent of liver cancer cases in Latino study participants and percent of cases in Hawaiians were attributed to diabetes Among blacks and Japanese Americans the researchers estimated percent and percent of cases respectively were attributed to diabetes Using swtor credits member's day code MEMBER for of... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ced3bf71-1144-4e1b-95df-13bbbbb5c5b0/catch-swtor2credits-summer-gift-4x-rewared-points-and-9-off-cheap-swtor?forum=TechnetSandboxForum
Relevancy 42.14%

Got an alienware 17 r2 2015 edition, tried to upgrade from 8 gigs to 16, ram is good cause it came from my alienware 14, so it works but it WON'T work in my new 17... I cant seem to find the for SURE ram specs anywhere...   Ive seen conflicting pages with ddr3 ddr3L, and ddr4.... Which do I NEED FOR SURE?

A:Question for support: alienware 17R2, 2015 edition, whats the RAM TYPE? ddr3?ddr3L? Or ddr4?

Needs DDR3L.
www.crucial.com/.../alienware-17-r2

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19996544
Relevancy 41.71%

US $51.40 /piece

Specifics

Women

Decoration

Pockets

Clothing Length

Regular

Pattern Type

Print

Sleeve Style

Regular

Brand Name

OEM

Style

Fashion

Fabric Type

Broadcloth

Material

Silk

Collar

V-Neck

Sleeve Length

Full

Model Number

JJG16503MAR4

Color Style

Natural Color

To Buy Or See Another Product Click On This Link

http://goo.gl/qAFVA8

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/610924/big-size-100-silk-2016-spring-summer-new-arrival-casual-style-women-office/
Relevancy 41.71%

US $54.00 /piece

Specifics

Women

Decoration

Embroidery

Clothing Length

Long

Pattern Type

Floral

Sleeve Style

lantern Sleeve

Brand Name

brand

Style

Casual

Fabric Type

Broadcloth

Material

Cotton,Polyester

Collar

Stand

Sleeve Length

Three Quarter

Popular Elements

Splice, Rivet, Embroidery

Sleeve Type

Lantern Sleeve

Type Version

Loose Type

To Buy Or See Another Product Click On This Link

http://goo.gl/qAFVA8

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/610920/2016-spring-summer-long-lantern-sleeve-casual-three-quarter-low-stand-embroidery/
Relevancy 41.28%

can someone tell me how do i get rid of click till u win and keep it away.

A:click till u win

Please do this:

First create a permanent folder somewhere like in My Documents and name it Hijack This.

Now Click here to download Hijack This. Download it and click "Save". Save it to the Hijack This folder you just created.

Click on Hijackthis.exe to launch the peogram.

Click the "Scan" button when the scan is finished the scan button will become "Save Log" click that and save the log.

Go to where you saved the log and click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" then Paste the log back here in a reply.

DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required. Someone here will be glad to advise you on what to fix.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/click-till-u-win.242796/
Relevancy 41.28%

does anybody know how i can get rid of "click till u win" adware

A:click till u win never goes away

have you run any spyware or antvirus programs?

you may have a virus or spyware:-

This is a long list - so PLEASE TAKE ONE STEP AT A TIME:-

A lot of the advice below is found in the following threads -
you may want to have a read here
http://forums.techguy.org/t157045.html
http://forums.techguy.org/t178092.html
http://forums.techguy.org/t204050.html
http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/
FIRST:-

run a virus scan with your own scanner - first make sure your scanner

is fully up-to-date with the latest definitions
or you can Run an online scan from here
http://housecall.antivirus.com/pc_housecall
http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/com/activescan_principal.htm
see here http://forums.techguy.org/t110854.html for other online

scanners

System Restore:-
Remember to turn off system restore in WinME and XP

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/d4578f66d8f00a0188256d4e00

6aaa94/5766df37140aed3b8825696500726d13?OpenDocument&src=bar_sch_nam

SAFEMODE:-
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/20010524094204

06?OpenDocument&src=sec_doc_nam
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=315222

ONCE ALL CLEAR:

SECOUND:-

SPYWARE - note the spyware tools websites often come under attack

(hence more than 1 location)

CWShedder:
it may be worth running CWShredder first -
download from these sites
http://tinyurl.com/mn7e
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4086.html
http://209.133.47.200/~merijn/downloads.html
http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/cwshredder.zip

Run the program and let it do it's thing. Make sure to click on "Fix"

and not scan only.
Reboot:

Now RUN

AD-AWARE:
download, update and run ad-aware
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
http://www.networkingfiles.com/Cookie/adaware.htm
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/

Before you scan with AdAware, check for updates of the reference file

by clicking on "Check for updates now", connect.

Make sure the following settings are made and on -------ON=GREEN

From main window :Click Start then Activate in-depth scan (recommended)

Click Use Custom Scanning Options' then click Customize' and have these

options selected: Under Drives and Folders put a check by Scan Within

Archives and below that under Memory and Registry put a check by all

the options there.

Now click on the Tweak button in that same window. Under Scanning

engine select: Unload recognized processes during scanning and under

Cleaning Engine select: Let windows remove files in use at next reboot

Click proceed to save your settings.

Now to scan just click the Next button.

When the scan is finished mark everything for removal and get rid of

it.(Right-click the window and choose select all from the drop down

menu and click Next)

Restart your computer.
NOW RUN

SPYBOT:

Make sure its Version 1.3, if you have been using 1.2 you can install

right over it. If you downloaded and used 1.3 beta it is suggested you

remove it and reboot prior to installing.

download, update and run spybot
http://spybot.safer-networking.de/
http://tomcoyote.org/SPYBOThttp://www.download.com/3000-8022-10122137.h

tml
http://www.spybot.us/spybotsd13.exe
http://www.safer-networking.org/

Make sure to check for updates prior to running the scan.
Click on "Search For updates" when prompted.
Scan, click on fix problems.
Reboot:
then once thats all clean, post a HJT log to be sure:-
NOW RUN

HIJACK THIS:

download and copy hijackthis to its own folder, it makes backups so

keeping seperate can be useful - run hijackthis
http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/
http://209.133.47.200/~merijn/downloads.html

Close all open windows and open Hijack This. Click “Scan”. When the

scan is finished (it only takes a second), the scan button will change

to “Save Log”.
Click on “Save Log” and then save it to NotePad.
Click on “Edit” – “Select all” – “copy” and then “paste?... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/click-till-u-win-never-goes-away.246318/
Relevancy 41.28%

where are my data folders on windows 7100 LOL

Its gonna go kaboom in 17 hrs !!

help please!!

A:HELP ME !! 17 hrs till Doomsday LOL

... look in the vista forums?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/67508-help-me-17-hrs-till-doomsday-lol.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Can somebody help a friend of mine PLEASE?
She has this problem: Win xp
Turn on computer, starts booting, but before anything happens, it goes to the black screen where you have the choices to boot, when the "START WINDOWS NORMALLY" is chosen, it always starts booting upto the windows sp logo, and suddenly a blue screen shows very fast, not giving any time to see what it says, then gets back to the black screen choices, when the "SAFE MODE" is chosen, in the same black window it starts showing, first:
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)windows/system32/ntoskrnl.exe

then after a minute it starts showing a lot of this same lines but with different end after system32/
like checking all the drivers or hardware

Relevancy 40.85%

So Upgrade? Long How Till yeah I bought my PC not too long ago so it s fairly up to date however I have a question to u more experenced-hardcore-hardware-PC guys out How Long Till Upgrade? there How long do I got left till I have to upgrade my machine in order to get some dope performance in the upcomin games So far I got no problems I can run Half Life wid the highests settings and anti-aliasing x Doom wid ultra high settings but widout anit aliasing and few other games such as Far Cry Also got the newly released Battlefield and can run it on highest settings but widout anti-aliasing I can run it wid x on still fairly smooth but not as smooth as I would want it to be What would I have to do to run it with anti-aliasing Also what and when would I have to change in order to run upcoming games How Long Till Upgrade? such as Quake Prey F E A R etc smoothly wid high if not the highest settings My specs r Intel Desktop D GBF Intel P GHz MB DDR ATI Radeon MB GB HD or RPM Windows XP Pro nbsp

A:How Long Till Upgrade?

Thats a nice rig

Though, it may be said:
"All hardware is obsolete at point of sale." puke:

At the rate technology runs, such as, the new to be
release 64 bit stuff, dual/quad core, pci express, sli and on and on. :hotouch:
All of which require a start from scratch to build.
I tend to stay about a year out from new stuff, even games at times.

I can ill afford to replace systems to keep pace with rate of Industry. :knock:
Maybe like my self, use the forum here to make the best of what you
have by:
tweaking
optimizing
streamlining
and even the odd OC'ing
tends to stretch the $$'s alittle more or longer. Rate of upgrade is
intirely up to you and your wallet (mines thin at the moment). :haha:
BtW
Welcome to TechSpot!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-long-till-upgrade.28627/
Relevancy 40.85%

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Popups I Am Till Sick Please Help Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS sm hlpr exeC WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXEC PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files HP Wireless Multimedia Keyboard and Mouse KMaestro exeC Program Files Common Files AOL Popups Till I Am Sick Please Help ACS AOLAcsd exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exeC Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exeC Program Files QuickTime Popups Till I Am Sick Please Help qttask exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program BackWeb- exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOlDial exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Antivirus Antvrs exeC Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exeC Program Files Google Google Updater GoogleUpdater exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files ArcSoft PhotoImpression PI Monitor exec program files common files aol ee services antiSpywareApp ver AOLSP Scheduler exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exec program files common files aol ee aolsoftware exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Documents and Settings Chris Desktop HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http centurytel myway comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by CenturyTelR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhostO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - Toolbar AOL Toolbar - D A-C B- -B B-B B E D C - C Program Files AOL Toolbar toolbar dllO - Toolbar Easy-WebPrint - C -E D- c -AA D- AC BABA C - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Toolband dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run SMSERIAL sm hlpr exeO - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXEO - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeO - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeO - HKLM Run BtcMaestro quot C Program Files HP Wireless Multimedia Keyboard and Mouse KMaestro exe quot O - HKLM Run HostManager C Program Files Common... Read more

A:Popups Till I Am Sick Please Help

Hi,* Please visit this webpage for instructions for downloading and running ComboFix:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofixThis includes installing the Windows XP Recovery Console in case you have not installed it yet.Post the log from ComboFix when you've accomplished that, along with a new HijackThis log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/148403/popups-till-i-am-sick-please-help/
Relevancy 40.85%

I have a computer that I built restart Slowing till down with my husband Everything has been fine for a year now Recently though the computer will slow down I have to restart it to get it to speed back up I have tried crapcleaner and malwarebytes I have ran both of Slowing down till restart them I have norton and it does not pick up anything when I scan I have scanned Slowing down till restart so many times The longer I run the computer the Slowing down till restart slower it gets i will go to task manager and it will say that the following are taking up computer usage wmpnetwk exe and Idle system processes As well on random pages I will get a script error I know it could be on random pages But I am getting on your site just about any site I go to I am using firefox because in case that matters Recently I got a program called deamon tools lite I was told that it would help me with my scratched disk that I was trying to use But it did not help me with my disk It was an emulator so i had it removed even thought my brother swears it can run my disks I keep telling him that it can not At least I do not think that is what an emulator does I told him it makes programs think that I have the disk Which is not what I want lt I think im right Or does it help run damaged disks gt anyway So Then I removed the dtt tool bar today thinking it might be the problem I did not know it was still on there But I am still getting slowed down and the script text message nbsp

A:Slowing down till restart

Try one of three things

NOTE: If you have an XBox 360, you won't be able to share media with "it".

1. In Windows Media Player turn off media sharing
In the library tab RIGHT-click on it > click "Media Sharing" un-click the media sharing tab and click "OK"

2. Turn off the "WMPnetwk.exe" service
Under the "RUN" command in the Start Menu type "services.msc"
Scroll down to "Windows Media Player Network Sharing"
Double-click and under "Startup" type, set to "Disabled"

3. Uninstall Windows Media Player 11 or 12 and download a previous version
Really, if after 11 versions it still doesn't work right then its probably not going to ever! LOL

Good luck...!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slowing-down-till-restart.897840/
Relevancy 40.85%

I purchased Windows 7 from Ebay, installed and activated with the product key provided. Now after 70 + days, it says inactive product key. I went online, and followed all their phone prompts, and they said invalid product key. I held on to see if I could get to a tech, but it disconnected.

Is there a way to go into the registry and enter it there? Why could I activate initially without any problems.

Thanks,
Bob

A:Invalid key was good from 4/23 till 7/710

Welcome to the forum,

Have a look at this,

Blocked Keys (Was EBAY Keys)

(Thanks for the link Capt.)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/96465-invalid-key-good-4-23-till-7-710-a.html