Windows Support Forum

Manage Add-ons window appears spontaneously

Q: Manage Add-ons window appears spontaneously

I've had a spot of bother with something that tried to hijack my Internet Explorer It installed an unwanted search page as my home page easily fixed but slightly more curiously it somehow managed to engineer it so that every time I opened a new tab it displayed my new tab window only briefly before flicking to this unwanted search page I think it was something line SearchQu com I finally managed to fix that problem by expunging every reference to the unwanted site window spontaneously appears Add-ons Manage from my system registry Manage Add-ons window appears spontaneously Now everything is back to normal other than one slightly annoying detail Every time I start Internet Explorer after a few seconds delay it spontaneously shows the quot Manage Add-ons quot window If I click close it goes away and everything is fine until the next time I start IE when manage add-ons appears again It's getting quite annoying Until today I Manage Add-ons window appears spontaneously was running IE version I just upgraded to vn to see if the problem would go away but it didn't I still get quot Manage Add-ons quot appearing when I start IE Any bright ideas why this is happening and how I can prevent it

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Manage Add-ons window appears spontaneously

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Manage Add-ons window appears spontaneously

Hello and welcome to TSF

I would recommend that you go here; read and follow the instructions very carefully; then, post all the requested logs and information; as instructed, to here. (Just click on the coloured links.)

Once done, please be patient, as the Security Team Analysts are usually very busy; one of them will answer your request as soon as they can.
Good luck

Please also remember DO NOT post your logs in this thread, please start a new thread here. (Just click on the coloured link.) and post the logs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/manage-add-ons-window-appears-spontaneously-574623.html
Relevancy 21.93%

Neither my keyboard or mouse are working on any of the 7 USB ports on my computer. My mouse was initially working, but I read somewhere if you delete the keyboard drivers you can reinstall them and it will work again. BUT when I was doing that I stupidly uninstalled my mouse driver so now NOTHING works. I can't try if it works in safe mode because my keyboard doesn't respond when I hit f12 during boot up.

When I plug in the mouse or keyboard, I get a window that pops up asking if I want to install the hardware, but it's impossible for me to do anything because my mouse and keyboard don't work! If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate the help. Thanks!

A:My Dell Demension e510's (Window's XP) keyboard and mouse don't work

First I would try to find a different working keyboard because you should at less be able to boot into safe mode because the drivers don't even load until windows start loading.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dell-demension-e510s-windows-xp-keyboard-and-mouse-dont-work.211116/
Relevancy 22.36%

So basicly the title says it I have my cooler master case w o the side window and ive been wanting to add some more fans to it I was wondering how much would if benefit if I added more side fans mm as in cooler temperatures for my pc mainly I want to add these to the case will I benefit from them at all http www coolermaster com product Detail cooling case-fan sickleflow-x-non-led html or with the led probably and another question I have my cpu which is oced to and the temps arent that hot as I never rly go that intesive unless im playing cpu bound games like gw in the heavy parts on wvw I was wondering if there was a good air cooler for my intel i - k it currently runs on but I w/o window Cooler Master 431 Side Cooling wish Cooler Master 431 w/o Side window Cooling to push it abit more could u list some good air coolers on the euro margin the hyper evo is in my mind but will it be enough nbsp

A:Cooler Master 431 w/o Side window Cooling

That is a good cooler, but I personally like at your budget range the Thermaltake CLP0575 Frio http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835106178

But either will do you fine for 4.0ghz on a 3570k

As for more airflow, adding more fans can help, but make sure to just focus on having a good overall flow through the case which will be a huge benefit in general.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cooler-master-431-w-o-side-window-cooling.192814/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi everyone,

Just curious if anyone knows of a good mod guide, or has even done a 500R window mod. I mean replacing the mesh and putting in a window. If you could guide me towards something decent I would appreciate that.

baN

A:Corsair 500R side panel window mod

http://www.overclock.net/t/1359085/case-mod-build-log-corsair-500r-side-panel-window-mod
Overclock.net is great for hardware mods.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-500r-side-panel-window-mod.190190/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi there I m not sure if this belongs in THIS section but do let me know if I posted at the wrong page Basically I wanted to ask more about bandwidth management I ve got this router at the moment http reviews cnet com routers asus-rt-n u-dark - - html I m only talking about the WIRED part router? How bandwidth to manage on So basically it has port in for the modem and ports out to all the pcs that ll be using a wired connection How to manage bandwidth on router? I ve got a total of Mbps download and a Mbps upload How do I set it to custom Like for example Port Out A can only download a max of Mbps and Mbps upload Port How to manage bandwidth on router? Out B can only download a max of Mbps and Mbps upload Port Out C can only download a max of Mbps and Mbps upload Port Out D can only download a max of Mbps and Mbps upload Or forget about the upload The upload can be shared but NOT the download Is it possible I went to the software management of the router itself but it didn t give me such configuration option nbsp

A:How to manage bandwidth on router?

You can use the traffic manager feature on this router model, you can access it through the web management panel (default'd to 192.168.1.1)

~Alex

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-manage-bandwidth-on-router.185430/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hell o folks I m new to this site but liked the help that people were getting here so I joined the forum I have a windows trailing problem with some flashing white screen When I size down a window to move it across the screen it has a string of windows following it anywhere from to then they clear up after coming to a stop Some times trailing Window I get a flashing white screen while moving the window I have replaced the drivers and Window trailing even downloaded the ones from this site but still have the problem I have had the graphics card Window trailing replaced along with the monitor The laptop is only about yrs old I have worked with the Dell tech support but the problem still exist Following are my laptop specs Studio Windows Bit Q Ghz gig hard drive gig Ram ATI Radeon HD DirectX A I can still work in the computer but it s annoying to have the screen flash at times and have the windows leave a trail of itself while moving them around Thanks for your time Dan nbsp

A:Window trailing

If you have a valid windows key and disk I would recommend putting a fresh install of windows on it. Should clear everything up. Sounds like something is using a lot of your memory ie. spyware.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/window-trailing.178263/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi I searched the internet using google and came across a post from on this forum which discussed the problem I am having although it didn t seem to have a conclusion the assistance given was very good I have a fujitsu-siemens scaleo unrecoverable Windows problems to volume appears XP The more or contain one t desktop which from the posts I have read seems like my hard drive is on it s last legs Which is ok because I recently bought a seagate external hard drive so that I could backup and copy all the files from my pc which I had been using mainly for storage as I have a laptop I had an idea that as the make of the pc is not all that good I may start to have problems and was trying to pre-empt unfortunately it seems the pc has beaten me to it and started to die before I could get all the files off the hard drive onto the seagate I got to m in the folders and am really desperate to recover the rest of the files especially one of photos Sorry to be so long winded but thought the more information I can give to my situation the better it is I have rebooted from the cd and the The volume appears to contain one or more unrecoverable problems Windows XP windows xp disk which did not complete I have done a chkdsk r whcih came up with this message I rebooted with the windows disk in and started the process again and got the message the following list shows the exiasting partitions etc etc Unknow Disk there is no disk in this drive Options given ENTER Install D Delete Partition F Quit I haven t gone any further as I didn t want to possibly jeopardise retriving my files What can I do All help greatly The volume appears to contain one or more unrecoverable problems Windows XP appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

A:The volume appears to contain one or more unrecoverable problems Windows XP

If it is within your budget, buy an external hard drive enclosure which operates with a USB or Firewire cable (depending on what you can use). They are available at many online stores such as Directron, NewEgg, Frys, and on eBay...
Do NOTHING more with your computer. Remove the hard drive now. When you get the external enclosure, insert your failing hard drive, then plug the "enclosed" hard drive into your new or restored computer, where you often locate the needed files and folders and drag them across,. This does not work everytime, but most of the time, the hard drive will not boot because of damage to the outer edge of the disks, but you can still see the data on the drive when it is on a USB connection.
Once you find you can access the old hard drive via a USB connection, do NOT turn it off or disconnect until you have rescued and verified all the data and images.
You may find that it works slowly and takes a lot of time, but it is surprising how often this will work to rescue stuff that is important to you.
If an external enlosure is not available to you, you may be able to insert the drive into another coputer as a slave, with changes to the jumper, and find them that way.
This works because the old drive no longer has to boot. It is not fool proof, but the only other method is to have a rescue company recover the data... it usually costs a lot of money... starting at $55 to test, and as much as $500 to retrieve the files.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-volume-appears-to-contain-one-or-more-unrecoverable-problems-windows-xp.174242/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi,

Not sure if this the right forum, but here goes. This has just started happening. Whichever window I have open, once I close the window I have the imprint of the window on the next window I open or on the desktop if no window is open. There are also vertical lines down the screen like you get on a TV set that are very pronounced. I have an ATI Radeon 4800HD series card running the lates drivers on a WINXP Pro system. I've tried going through all the setting but still can't get this to disappear. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Verity25

A:Background shadows from previous open window

its either the graphics card or monitor that is slowly dieing, but from the windows staying open issue i would put my money on the GPU being the issue, do you have onboard graphics on your motherboard? if so take out the graphics card and plug the monitor into the motherboard one

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/background-shadows-from-previous-open-window.172107/
Relevancy 30.1%

hey ive been having a problem with my external hdd which im now trying to run as BIOS? HDD appears that's now in only External internal an internal one basically yesterday it was working fine as an external then i started to get quot delayed write failure quot or somethign like that and couldn t save E file and everytime it did this more files would disappear from the hd I tried to run a diskcheck on it and it crashed half way through when i restarted the pc the hd was no longer appearing and every now and then if i External HDD that's now internal only appears in BIOS? restarted it i could get it to show up in my computer but the hd was completly empty and also whoing it was now RAW Someone suggested mounting it internally which i did and as soon i startedu up great my xp recognized it and installed it and i thought it was going to work then the delayed write failure hting popped up again and boom gone External HDD that's now internal only appears in BIOS? from my computer and since then its being recognized in bios as a slave driver but cant be found in device manager disk management or by any programs like test disk nothing only in bios is there anythign that can be done as i have like years of recorded music over time built up on it the hdd aint that old but i transferred at some point from pc to it thanks nbsp

A:External HDD that's now internal only appears in BIOS?

anyone got any ideas even if its long shots im willing to try just about anything

thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hdd-thats-now-internal-only-appears-in-bios.166537/
Relevancy 22.36%

I have Dell inspiron 535s it was running well at 800mhz with 2gb of ram(1
+1) .when I installed 4gb ddr2 800 mhz (2+2)it ran at 667 mhz and window showed 3.25gb usable Ram.There is no way I can correct it from BIOS as I didn't find any option of memory remapping or overclocking it.Is there any way I could raise the speed of my Ram and also Raise it to 4gb usable???By the way I am running win7 ultimate.

A:Window detects 3.25GB RAM when I installed 4GB

First, your system only showing usable memory at 3.25GB is perfectly correct. You cannot do anything about that unless you use 64bit windows.

I suspect that the new memory you have fitted has a higher voltage rating and is therefore running at a lower clock speed. Check the voltage rating on the manufacturer's site and then make the adjustment in the Bios.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/window-detects-3-25gb-ram-when-i-installed-4gb.166367/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hey Guys,

my motherboard is an ASUS P8H67-M PRO i built my computer a few days ago and haven't really had any major problems but i noticed today when i turn my computer on there is a little message the top left hand corner of the screen i can really make it all out as it is gone in an instant but what i can make out is
"No Devices"

Does anyone know how to fix this? it doesnt make sense as my drives work fine and they are recognised inside the bios. The only issue i have had is i cam to install linux today and i received an error message saying CD/DVD + USB devices not found and i cant help thinking they are linked.

Thanks in advance

A:"No Devices" message appears before BIOS loads

Did you install the chipset drivers?

Are there any devices in Device Manager with a yellow ? or triangle next to it.

What version of windows are you running.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-devices-message-appears-before-bios-loads.161876/
Relevancy 22.36%

I have looked everywhere for a solution for this problem I have I ve even gone to other forums to ask around and no one knows anything about this issue or how to fix it My system is an HP Sound works one with time window a at Pavillion Sound works with one window at a time dv notebook Intel R core TM Duo PC p GHz As far as my sound goes I have IDT High Definition Audio Codec NVIDIA High Definetion Audio Here s my issue My sound works when I have one browser open at a time I can watch netflix hulu youtube anything that has sound For only the first browser I have open However when I have multiple browsers open the sound won t work on the nd one Here are a few examples I used to play World of Warcraft If I logged on ventrilo and then WoW I would have sound for vent only If I logged onto WoW first and then vent my vent would have no sound I currently play league of legends The interface is in one browser and when a game starts it opens in a separate window Most of the time I have no sound when I am playing League I ve done almost everything I can think of to try to get sound to work I ve worked with computers for years and I am currently working on my A This seriously has me stumped Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Sound works with one window at a time

Which version of Windows are you running? and what Service Pack level? Are you current with all Windows Updates?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-works-with-one-window-at-a-time.161186/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hey there Mildly tech savvy Metrologist stuck trying to reformat my laptop I don t know the specifics of my motherboard or any other hardware i have in my laptop for that matter yea its one of those guys But i do know that i am trying to wipe XP off of my laptop and play around with other OS capabilities Here is where i run into a problem I originally tried erasing it through Linux it being my C drive hell just accessing it through Linux but to no avail The next step was to download and create a dos boot CD That worked but Murphy is an and it seems that i can only see the drive that the boot disk is on so my CD I am assuming my hard my a computer out window Dos boot drive is a format DOS can not read which leaves me stuck wondering Dos boot my computer out a window how i go about the task of brutally murdering my windows software Thank you for your time and patience Paintertexas nbsp

A:Dos boot my computer out a window

Be sure you are booting to the CD, almost any CD with an operating system on it, or a format program.

Once you reach that CD, you should find you can remove the partition or format the partition, unless your optical drive has gone bad.

Or go on line and search for one of the free partition managers to remove the partition,

Then use your operating system Cd to create a new partition, then format the partition.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dos-boot-my-computer-out-a-window.151425/
Relevancy 29.67%

so i have an Advent Laptop for about 5 months now. 2 days ago all of a sudden my L button on my keyboard stopped working. When i press it a j appears. PLEASE HELP,

ps the way i am using a L now is because im pasting it every time i need it

A:Annoying keyboard problem, when I press L, J appears

Replace the keyboard under warranty... or first place the computer upside down and blow out the lint, fiber, and dust out with a canned air such as Dust Off or other that is designed to clean computers... as a first step.
Do not clean with untreated compressed air.
This can be the first sign of a greater problem... so talk to the people were you obtained it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/annoying-keyboard-problem-when-i-press-l-j-appears.147768/
Relevancy 26.66%

I installed a hard drive into my pc to access stored movies. The drive appears in explorer but when trying to open drive I get the message please insert disk media into storage device. Any tricks on how to get to the files.
Thanks

A:Can't access harddrive "insert disk message appears"

wostone said:

I installed a hard drive into my pc to access stored movies. The drive appears in explorer but when trying to open drive I get the message please insert disk media into storage device. Any tricks on how to get to the files.
ThanksClick to expand...

You might have auto-run worm on the system. Does it appear on C also? When last you scan your system for malware/spyware/adware/worms/viruses/trojans?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-access-harddrive-insert-disk-message-appears.132487/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi everyone The other day I was uploading some pictures from my digital camera to my laptop All of a sudden the computer just shut off When I attempted to restart it it Problem unrecoverable have Hard to (Volume Drive appears problems) Serious would keep shutting off and restarting I kept getting the screen when it asks you if you would like to start in Safe Mode or with the Last Good Configuration or Normally I ve had the same problem with another computer of mine so I booted the system from my OS CD I ran a CHKDSK and a message came up that said The volume appears to contain one or Serious Hard Drive Problem (Volume appears to have unrecoverable problems) more unrecoverable problems When I looked it up online I saw a lot of websites that said the hard drive was probably dying So I went to Best Buy and bought myself a Rocketfish Hard Drive Enclosure in the hopes that I could recover files to the desktop computer that I have as I have done twice before When I finally got it all set up I couldn t access the drive E I went to My Computer and then when I clicked on my E Drive I got the message E is not accessible Incorrect function And when I try to right click on the drive nothing happens I even tried to search through the drive but I got the Incorrect function message again I m really desperate now and I m willing to do just about anything now to recover at least some of the files I don t care if I can never use the hard drive again but I just want to get the pictures that I had on the computer Is there any way I can go about doing this Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Serious Hard Drive Problem (Volume appears to have unrecoverable problems)

1) Does this enclosure come with its own AC adapter? Make sure its connected powered on

2) Interestingly enough see this link about check the cable jumpers as well

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/serious-hard-drive-problem-volume-appears-to-have-unrecoverable-problems.126555/
Relevancy 22.36%

ok so ive googled yahood asked jeeves then strangled him from my frustration a also tried the nvidia forums but (video out it card) window the to About throw no avail at least here people actually look at your problem About to throw it out the window (video card) using a Nvidia Geforce GFX Im trying to set About to throw it out the window (video card) it up so i can watch movies from my computer on my tv Id prefer rather than a multi-display to have a cloned display cant happen either way yet So while trying to get the full view on my tv start bar and such i can only get the upper left corner so i wait it out and it reverts back to my monitor where i can see everything I tried adjusting the resolution for my tvs settings but still the same area shows up My tv is not a flat panel or hd it is however a quot im guessing sony projection tv im trying to run s-video from my pc into Any ideas or should i do as the title says Thanksss i dunno wtf i did but i also managed to get a blue screen of About to throw it out the window (video card) doom when i restarted with and without svideo plugged in so atm im using onboard nbsp

A:About to throw it out the window (video card)

Can you provide a little more info on your complete system specs? Nvidias NVIEW software may be needed to properly configure this card for dual displays. 1024x768 is the maximum TV resolution

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/about-to-throw-it-out-the-window-video-card.122997/
Relevancy 19.35%

Yup, it's that crazy Moose again.

And this time I'm trying to figure out the best way to make a plexiglass window for the left side of my case. It's an eMachines T3958.

And no I will not use a chainsaw, as I'm sure some will recommend!

Was wondering if there's anybody who already has done this, and if they'd offer some pointers about what and WHAT NOT to do. Best kind of plexi?

I don't wanna just start cutting away with some tin snips, then hope I come out with something that looks good.

LED fans are like $4 from newegg. I'd like to mount one of those someplace too!

Or maybe four? lol

A:Best way to make a "window" for case?

Have you thought about a razor box cutter? Or even a glass cutter.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-way-to-make-a-window-for-case.120448/
Relevancy 29.24%

my laptops starts fine,works fine but when i turn off my laptop or hibernate it,it doesnt turn off completey.....after the message of "windows is shutting down" a black screen appears and the laptop remains on even if i leave it like that for the whole night....ihave to pull the battery out or turn off the laptop by pressing its starting button. please help

A:Laptop doesnt turn off completely, Black Screen appears

This could be caused by a corrupt or failing hard drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-doesnt-turn-off-completely-black-screen-appears.117231/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi I was foolish enough to try to use NVidia NTune It did not run too far into the program before the screen froze up My comp s b in my sig Asus a n-sli deluxe AMD Win XP bit When I yank the plug then restart the comp gets as far as having the desktop appear cursor moves but it is hourglass still the time gets filled in at the recover NTune. Freeze Help from XP appears soon me after lower right corner the quot start quot button gets filled in at the lower left then in another second eveything freezez Help me recover from NTune. Freeze soon after XP appears locks up Task list will not come up Nothing will happen The only variation is that some times the screen will get messed up diagonal lines of blues as if writing my desktop to the screen got distorted How do I recover I got into BIOS and set everything to quot auto quot to undo the effects of NTune Made no difference I went Help me recover from NTune. Freeze soon after XP appears back to NTune site and read s t about having recent BIOS so I have successfully updated BIOS to bin thx to those who gave me input on that posting Still no difference in this freezing pattern What should I do Oh BTW yes I tried that little square called quot search quot but found nothing abt how to get out of this nbsp

A:Help me recover from NTune. Freeze soon after XP appears

Try a system restore

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-me-recover-from-ntune-freeze-soon-after-xp-appears.111370/
Relevancy 29.67%

Ok so last week I got some trouble with my router (d-link)
I reset it to the defaults then went to 192.168.1.1

Got in and put in my username pw and the rest!
Got my internet back and everything was fine!

Next day I wake up and try to access internet. wouldn't load.
Checked my settings, they'd been reset again.
This has happened in a loop every day.

The settings I input only last a day or reset whenever I turn my router off at night.
I've tried inputting the settings in Firefox, as safari doesn't log me in.
I tried Opera too!!

A:My Router appears to reset it's settings daily

No they must be in the router (ie it's not dial-up)

Did you select :"Save settings to router, and restart router" (wording may be different, but about right)

The Router will then Save all your modifications and restart (Actually I think it's "Save All" syntax)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-router-appears-to-reset-its-settings-daily.109426/
Relevancy 36.12%

hi

ive been mucking around with setting trying to get my headset to work properly now all the sounds are comming out with an affect and i cant seem to be able to fix it

when i click the play button in the audio I/O it goes to orginal setting but as soon as the demo finshes it goes back to this different effect.

can any 1 help me plz
is their a way i can restore ti to default settings

more details on driver:
audio driver version: 5.10.0.5391
direct X version: DirectX 9.0c
audio controller: HD audio
audio codec: ALC883

A:Hd Audio Manage Problems

Ok so you gave details of your audio driver, now how about giving details on your entire system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hd-audio-manage-problems.105882/
Relevancy 21.93%

I downloaded a couple of arcade game demos from Kraisoft very good actually but the problem is that they only appear in a smallish box in the middle of my screen There are no options in the game menu to go to full screen mode I sent an e-mail to Kraisoft about it and they sent me back a brief reply saying quot The problem with the games running not in full-screen mode is typically caused by multi-monitor out settings of video card You may need to open display properties choose quot Advanced quot in Attributes tab and adjust monitor out settings to turn multi-monitor out of quot What does that mean I went to Display Settings Advanced and there are a lot of tabs there but I don t know which ones to open window on screen Games small only laptop my in a tweak I have XP Home One box shows a diagram of two screens named and Only is activated It is set at x or something similar That s the maximum screen resolution available when I m using the computer normally The non-activated screen is set at x much smaller anyway Why do I have two screen options at all As must be obvious from this post I m rather lost so if anyone could provide a few simple instructions on how to get the games to play in full screen I d be really grateful Thanks nbsp

A:Games only open in a small window on my laptop screen

Most laptops have a SVGA (video) output to connect to a projector for presentations, or to a monitor (so you dont have to stare at the laptop screen when at home). Typically to disable, you should be able to go into the display settings (where you see the two monitors), click on the secondary monitor, and select disable. Otherwise, you must click advanced, and locate the option to disable the secondary output (typically a check box).

You should be able to contact your system manufacturer for specific information and steps. Otherwise, please provide the model number of the laptop.
Thanks,
Bug

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/games-only-open-in-a-small-window-on-my-laptop-screen.15440/
Relevancy 30.1%

I have just recently bought a computer that someone else made. He told me that the only thing the computer needed was memory. Well I bought the correct memory from crucial.com, stuck it in there, and when I start it up nothing appears on-screen. The motherboard is a Biostar M7VIG 400 and the memory is DDR PC3200 unbuffered, non-ECC. When I hit the power button, I hear the Hard drive start but that is it. In order for me to turn the computer off I have to hit the power switch on the power supply. If anyone knows how this can be fixed it would be greatly appreciated if you could tell me and ask if you need anymore information. Thanks.

A:Computer starts up, but nothing appears on-screen.

Sorry

The memory Crucial.com said was compatible with my mobo was PC2700 not PC3200. Even though the lower density (256MB and 512MB) are PC3200 the 1 GB is PC2700. The man said that the only memory that will work with the mobo is PC3200 unbuffered, non-ECC, and CL3. I found that the memory Crucial.com gave me was PC2700, unbuffered, non-ECC and CL2.5. Will this have any effect?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-starts-up-but-nothing-appears-on-screen.100785/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have been working on a (Text/Graphics) Contents Fit Some Programs of Don't in Software Window strangle problem on my wife s Gateway ROG with Windows XP service pack for quite some time Some programs do not fit inside of the windows For example the Epson printer software graphics and text are cut off by the right side Contents of Some Software Programs (Text/Graphics) Don't Fit in Window of the window of which they appear and the user can not see the entirety of Contents of Some Software Programs (Text/Graphics) Don't Fit in Window the contents and hence can not select and click much less see options on what should be the right side of the window SuperAnti-Spyware Free edition also does the same thing Apparently for whatever reason these two software programs display their contents inside a window differently than most other software programs which are not displayed correctly inside their respective windows Contents of Some Software Programs (Text/Graphics) Don't Fit in Window For the record this used not to be a problem I have tried re-installing the Epson printer software the printer works fine I have also tried removing and reinstalling the video device driver software This does not work either It is a ATI Mobility Radeon Advice is greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Contents of Some Software Programs (Text/Graphics) Don't Fit in Window

Could it be that your display resolutions are wrong?

i doubt it has anything to do with your epson software, since it happens with others..

The normal resolution you should keep your monitors at is to the highest supported by both monitor and graphics card. DPI however, can be altered, found under the advanced properties (display properties>Settings>Advanced..) of your graphics card. Try altering that to the Normal setting and see if it makes a difference..

have you also tried getting the latest software updates available for your graphics card and others you have problem with?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/contents-of-some-software-programs-text-graphics-dont-fit-in-window.99471/
Relevancy 22.36%

My laptop was working fine then the other day I went to use it and it froze so I rebooted and got this message Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt WINDOWS SYSTEM CONFIG SYSTEM When I was finally able to get to the point where I could choose safemode this is what came up Multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS SYSTEM ntoskrnl exe Multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS SYSTEM hal dll Multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS SYSTEM KDCOM DLL Multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS SYSTEM BOOTVID dll Multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS SYSTEM config system Multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS SYSTEM config system alt Then after a pause it would tell me to use the original disk to repair but that s not working I don t know what else to try but my financial files are there and I REALLY need those - don t care about the rest of it Is there something I will be able to do to regain access or some other way that the info will be able to be retrieved nbsp

A:HELP! Can't access Window XP even in safe mode

The laptops hard drive is probably bad. You will need to have a new drive installed and the OS (operating system) reloaded. Can you do this, or will you need to take the laptop to a repair shop? After the laptop is up and running again, there may be a way to retrive you data on the old drive, by placing the drive in an external USB laptop hard drive enclosure. Backing up those important financial files might be a good idea from now on. Can you recover them from your financial institution?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-cant-access-window-xp-even-in-safe-mode.97778/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have a Dell Inspiron 9400 laptop with a GeForce 7800 video card and a 22" Dell LCD display in dual-display mode (one big desktop). When I ALT-TAB from one app to another, I would like my pointer to jump to the new application automatically (so I don't have to manually move it all the way across the big desktop by hand). Lazy? Yes, I am. Thanks for any help.

A:How to make pointer context jump (focus) to window

Try the Snap To option in the Mouse Properties->Pointer Options

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-make-pointer-context-jump-focus-to-window.93645/
Relevancy 22.79%

Where can one download Window drivers as am trying to find drivers for Samsung SP1203N window drivers - any ideas?

A:Window Drivers - where

Hard drives do not need any drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/window-drivers-where.93404/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi there:

My WD 320 ATA100 hard drive were working as an additional storage. It used to work well. One day, I removed the drive and then plugged it in again, and Window XP does not detect it!
I open My Computer/Manage/Disk management and find the drive there marked as "Unallocated" (which must be initialized to be "healthy")

I am concerned if it got initialized, my files kept therein will be deleted. Please teach me what to do.

Thank you.

A:Window XP does not detect additional storage drive

I have a few questions:

1) Is it a new drive? Did you format it when you got it?
2) Did you change anything on your computers?
3) Did you try mapping it? Right click on the drive in disk management and assign it a drive letter. Does it show now?
4) Have you tried it on other computers? Does it work?
5) If it works on other computers, did you try other usb slots? How about other devices, do they work? Flash drives?

Cheers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/window-xp-does-not-detect-additional-storage-drive.59749/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi all, I've cut a window in my pc.

I have decided that i want to put the TS logo on my window.

Julio, if you should see this, do i need permission from you?

I have 2 different ideas so far. 1 to paint the logo with a uv reacting paint as i have 4 uv tubes inside my case. 2 to cut the TS logo out of another piece of clear acrylic and stick the letters onto the inside of the window and light them with led's.

Just wondered if anyone had anything to add or any better ideas?

A:Case window mod idea!

What did you use to make the cut?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/case-window-mod-idea.86288/
Relevancy 22.79%

hello everybody. i just bought a new HP Pavilion dv6426us. and was just wondering about windows vista. how come i can chat in a chat room in Yahoo????????// can anybody help.

A:window vista need help

How come you CAN chat in a chat room in yahoo, or how come you CAN'T chat?
Scott

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/window-vista-need-help.88038/
Relevancy 30.1%

I followed this video how-to on accessing the Zune through Windows Explorer and everything worked fine at first. When I went into My Computer and opened my Zune (it showed up fine), everything appeared to work except if I tried to open, copy/paste, or drag and drop any file to or from my Zune it says "Access is Denied." I have Windows Vista. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Zune appears in Windows Explorer but...

Have you installed the Zune software for Vista?

http://www.zune.net/en-US/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/zune-appears-in-windows-explorer-but.87154/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have a laptop which is wirelessly networked to my router.
Whenever i run a new Internet Explorer window, the screen freezes and it take 5-10 seconds for the homepage to load. But when i click a link on a page that opens a new window, it'll load straight away.

How do i fix this?

A:new IE window slow to load

what homepage do you use?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-ie-window-slow-to-load.87265/
Relevancy 22.36%

My games crash to desktop roughly every minutes before i had my audio driver installed it crashed about every hours i used the only drivers i could find heres my specs Operating System System Model Windows XP desktop on window xp to Crash Games Home Edition Service Pack build No details available Processor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz Intel Pentium kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache Board ASUSTeK Computer INC P S -X REV xx Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Award Software Inc ASUS P S -X ACPI BIOS Revision Drives Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space X X CD-RW CD-ROM drive SONY CD-RW CRX EE CD-ROM drive quot format removeable media Floppy drive WDC Games Crash to desktop on window xp WD JB- JJC Hard drive GB -- drive s n WD-WMAM rev Games Crash to desktop on window xp C SMART Status Healthy Megabytes Installed Memory Slot DIMM is Empty Slot DIMM has MB Games Crash to desktop on window xp Slot DIMM is Empty Slot DIMM is Empty Local Drive Volumes c NTFS on drive GB GB free Network Drives None detected Users mouse over user name for details Printers local user accounts last logon KID PM admin local system accounts Administrator never admin ASPNET never Guest PM HelpAssistant PM SUPPORT a never DISABLED Marks a disabled account LOCKED OUT Marks a locked account HP DeskJet C C C C on lynn HP DeskJet C C C C hp officejet series on lynn hp officejet series Microsoft Office Document Image Writer Driver on Microsoft Document Imaging Writer Port Controllers Display Standard floppy disk controller Primary IDE Channel Controller Secondary IDE Channel Controller SiS PCI IDE Controller NVIDIA GeForce Display adapter Winvnc video hook driver Display adapter hp mx Monitor quot vis September Bus Adapters Multimedia SiS PCI to USB Open Host Controller x SiS PCI to USB Enhanced Host Controller SAA TV Card - Video Capture Screaming Bee Audio SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio Standard Game Port TV Capture Card Communications Other Devices Hamachi Network Interface SiS -Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter primary IP Address Gateway Physical Address C E E FE Networking Dns Server HID-compliant consumer control device HID-compliant device USB Human Interface Device x HID Keyboard Device PS Compatible Mouse Generic USB Hub Ideazon Zboard Composite Keyboard Device x USB Root Hub x Nokia i Virus Protection Back to Top avast antivirus VPS - Version Realtime File Scanning On Someone please answer i want to play my game nbsp

A:Games Crash to desktop on window xp

My first reaction if your games are crashing is to check that you are using the latest DirectX 9.0c. Go to http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2DA43D38-DB71-4C1B-BC6A-9B6652CD92A3&displaylang=en

If they still crash, then download and install the latest driver for your video card.

Repost if you're still having problems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/games-crash-to-desktop-on-window-xp.84868/
Relevancy 30.1%

hi, this problem is annoying me for the past 1 month ... whenever i play games like nfs most wanted u2 or ea cricket 07 etc... a blue screen appears and my pc restarts .... this also happens sometimes when i watch movies

my specification is :
1. processor Intel core2 duo -E6320 . 1.86 Ghz ,4mb l2 cache,1066 Mhz fsb
2. motherboard - intel D946GZIS
3. Ram - jetram(transcend) - 1 gb ...16 chips (8 on each side )

it happens both in vista professional as well as in xp sp2.

the error report is :

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.6
Locale ID: 16393

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000008e
BCP1: C0000005
BCP2: 0063006F
BCP3: A3290C78
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

A:blue screen appears & pc restarts

Video card, memory, power supply, or cpu fan. Transcend memory has a big marketing push to create a "name", but is barely so-so in our experience. Check the latency and timings. You might want to run the free MemTest86 for four hours or 7 passes to rule out memory as an issue.
Then tell us about your video graphics. That is the most common area for trouble. Which card do you have? Is it PCI-E

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-screen-appears-pc-restarts.84757/
Relevancy 30.1%

hi, this problem is annoying me for the past 1 month ... whenever i play games like nfs most wanted u2 or ea cricket 07 etc... a blue screen appears and my pc restarts .... this also happens sometimes when i watch movies
my specification is :
1. processor Intel core2 duo -E6320 . 1.86 Ghz ,4mb l2 cache,1066 Mhz fsb
2. motherboard - intel D946GZIS
3. Ram - jetram(transcend) - 1 gb ...16 chips (8 on each side )

the error report is :

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.6
Locale ID: 16393

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000008e
BCP1: C0000005
BCP2: 0063006F
BCP3: A3290C78
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

A:blue screen appears and pc restarts

scan your minidump with microsoft debugger.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-screen-appears-and-pc-restarts.84643/
Relevancy 30.1%

This morning the wife reported power ATX connector appears BURNT her computer was rebooting itself automatically ATX power connector appears BURNT By the time I got to it it was in BIOS saying something about the CPU not performing properly I made sure it was at default frequency MHz and rebooted Sometimes I got into Windows without rebooting sometimes not CPU temp was about C chassis C No alarms I honestly don t know what it normally has been running at I opened things up and played around a bit and noticed that of the fans on the PSU the interior quot intake quot fan was not turning at all I checked everything out some more chassis fans etc and restarted It ran pretty well for a while rebooted once and then ran perfectly ATX power connector appears BURNT fine as my MP server for the rest of the day Tonight after work I pulled everything out to investigate I could not get the power plug to easily pull out of the motherboard and upon further inspection noticed some dark discoloring I finally got it to lift slightly and could see that a few pins looked rusted or burnt I sprayed a tiny bit of wd and got the adapter loose Have a look see Something definitely spiked - any all the pins that are hot red wires appear burnt Obviously between that and the dead fan it s time to scrap this PSU My question is what I should do with the mobo and what should I expect from it now The machine ran fine all day maybe several like this - so as far as I know all components are totally fine Is it possible to replace the white plastic outlet on the mobo and clean the pins at the same time Or are those affected pins just a time-bomb no matter what This is an old rig that s been together in this config except for hard drive upgrades since Asus A V X Athlon XP Antec SL ThermalTake HSF etc It was behind a Powercom UPS unit and one APC power strip Collateral question-- After being away for the weekend about a month ago I came home to a shot AC DC adapter on my D-Link gigabit switch About a week and a half ago my next-door-neighbor s TV would not turn on any more after some noticeable strange power surges Is there something I should start monitoring in respect to our power situation nbsp

A:ATX power connector appears BURNT

If you don't already have some. Buy some surge protectors.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/atx-power-connector-appears-burnt.78412/
Relevancy 22.79%

I bought a x xt ATI RADEON graphics card It won t work with my gateway motherboard Can I switch to a motherboard that will support it or will that be a pain in the I am just a novice computer my I out Please throw the pc window! Before Help geek so I don t really feel comfortable replacing the motherboard Of course dh is determined for me to make the damn card fit Does anyone know of Help Please Before I throw my pc out the window! any compatible cards that are comparable with the He plays a civil war game that is shotty at best with our old mb crappy pci card Suggestions I have pci slots and PCI-E x slot but it is at the top of my slots and won t let me insert my x xt card DVD Drives or Decoder Cards - NEC DVD -RW Dual Layer Drive Hard Drives - -GB RPM Serial ATA Hard Drive Keyboards - Premium Black PS Keyboard Media Card Reader - -in- Media Card Reader - -in- Media Card Reader Memory - MEM DDR MB PC Mice - Silver and Black PS Wheel Mouse Modems - K PCI Modem - K PCI Data Fax Modem Motherboards - Intel South Lake P Motherboard R Power Supplies - -Watt Power Supply Speakers - Analog Speakers nbsp

A:Help Please Before I throw my pc out the window!

Is the x850xt PCI-e? If so why won't it fit? If it won't fit because the case doesn't allow it, then just get a new case.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-please-before-i-throw-my-pc-out-the-window.79026/
Relevancy 30.53%

My display all of a sudden appears bright what might be the cause i have attached the screenshot of it....
[img http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7898/brightlf1.jpg]
I have reinstalled the drivers too... but still...

A:Display Appears]

Have you tried adjusting the video card display settings
or the settings on the front of the monitor ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/display-appears.75754/
Relevancy 22.36%

I got this error while i'm trying to install window xp

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. If it is the first time you have seen this stop error screen, restart your computer and take these steps:
Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated.
Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption and then restart your computer.
Technical Information:
*** STOP: 0x0000007b (parameter 1, parameter 2, parameter 3, parameter 4)

I can't get into this page while installing window xp

the error occured just before this page....

Anybody know what is the problem???

A:Can't install window XP (error *** STOP: 0x0000007b)

It either doesn't like your hard drive OR simply doesn't recognize it.

Have you set up your bios for the type of hard drive you are installing?

You have to read your mobo manual and set the bios up correctly FIRST.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-install-window-xp-error-stop-0x0000007b.74617/
Relevancy 30.1%

ATI's R600 is a real monster...

I just found this on the web:

http://www.theinq.com/default.aspx?article=35708

If those specs are true....... Then it will surely wipe the floor with the 8800GTX

Also, I found this too:

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=35707

Pretty interesting pages, ain't they?

I'd love to see the new, R600-based mid range cards!

A:ATI's R600 appears to be a complete monster...

140.1GB/s... ... ... ... **dies** ... ... ... ...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/atis-r600-appears-to-be-a-complete-monster.63072/
Relevancy 22.36%

My computer is not getting up to the windows loading screen i have used different moniters but it still goes black. I tryed rebooting the computer over adn over again.What should I do?

A:Computer is not getting to the window loading screen

Try pressing and keep holding down the F5 key while you switch on your PC untill you get to a black screen with menu options ,from there choose the "Safe Mode" option, if this gets you to your desktop restart again holding down the F5 key but this time choose the "Start in VGA Mode" option from the menu

if this works re-adjust your display to your prefference

Cheers HSC

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-is-not-getting-to-the-window-loading-screen.69860/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hello everyone I am a newby and I need to know if someone can tell me what to do. I have changed my motherboard and it came with a new cpu and powersupply and I am running windows xp but it will not boot up to windows. I have a cd that came along with the mb but the computer will not let me boot from the cd or the floppy and it will not let me go to safe mode can someone give me some suggestions?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-will-not-boot-to-window.69096/
Relevancy 23.22%

Title says it really. Here is a pic for anyone that is interested.

Sorry about the poor picture quality but i only have a cheapo webcam.

It's not finished by a long shot yet as I intend to fit probably 2 fans and, if possible, make a reservoir out of it too. As in the window being one side of the reservoir.

A:I cut my window at last:)

That looks awesome!

While on a topic of windows, I need advice. What do you use to cut the metal so perfectly? And do you use plexiglass or....? Thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cut-my-window-at-last.66255/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have already ordered the parts for my computer, and I am still debating on what Case to get! I have come to the CoolerMaster Praetorian, but I am still unsure if I want a side window to my case..if anyone has any suggestions on some cool cases, or whether or not I should get a case with a side window, please feel free to comment!-Thank You

A:Side Window?

I have a case with a window it really only looks good if it is filled with LEDs and UV lights etc. I think now I would differently go with the p180, it looks to be the most neatest cases and is one of the best cases on the market http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811129154

My case is linked in my Profile.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/side-window.63891/
Relevancy 28.81%

Sorry about the vague subject line but I Problems SP2 hardware tray. in and icon after Safely installing appears IE7. remove really have no clue what s going on here A couple of days ago I installed SP on my computer along with IE Then my computer started showing this weird icon in the area next to the clock that said safely remove hardware so I clicked on that and saw my USB printer and others that said quot USB mass storage device quot knowing that I didn t have any flash drive Problems after installing SP2 and IE7. Safely remove hardware icon appears in tray. connected I clicked the stop button for each of the devices except the printer Now I cannot get my USB drive or my internal card reader to be recognized by the computer I tried removing the card reader in the hardware profile and then disconnecting it from the motherboard rebooting and then powering down and re-connecting and it still won Problems after installing SP2 and IE7. Safely remove hardware icon appears in tray. t work What s worse it that the USB drive will not function in any of my USB ports Please help Just Problems after installing SP2 and IE7. Safely remove hardware icon appears in tray. a little add on to my previous post now when I try to take pics off my printer it says cannot access device If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-after-installing-sp2-and-ie7-safely-remove-hardware-icon-appears-in-tray.63977/
Relevancy 22.36%

Ok i have computers a it throw the trouble with gonna Big window out networking dell deminsion and I am trying to use a wireless router to connect both to the internet I started by installing the router to the with cable to the router Then i installed a wireless card Big trouble with networking gonna throw it out the window in the The router i am using is a belkin wireless g router ghz- g The card is a wireless g desktop card Ok here s the skinny I got all the hardware installed i had the wireless card were it would see the router first BUT it couldn t connect to the net I have dsl through embarq Then i hooked it to the with a cable it s got ports on the back for cable output and it worked but when that happened my wireless card lost the router I m thinkin huh So i call tech support and they said that the router switched the wireless thingy in the router off when i did that So right now i have computers on that router through cables and it s workin but the wireless won t work also tech supp said that i had to get online to change the settings in the router so i thought WHAAAAA Wrong when i tryed the website it was supposed to be a belkin web site but it was the site to set up my dsl modem by the way the site thry gave me was quot quot Thanks for listening and if anybody could help i would be very ecstatic nbsp

A:Big trouble with networking gonna throw it out the window

First off, go to Belkin's (not your router) website and download the latest firmware update and install it.

And then, check hardware:
-Connect 1 PC to the DSL modem directly using the ethernet cable. Take all the phones and extensions (faxes, TAD etc) off the wall plugs if possible. See if you can connect to the internet, say google etc.
-If the above successful, add the phones etc back on, don't forget to use the adsl splitter as well. Check for stability again.
-Now add the router. Use the reset button first so everything's back in default and only connect the router to the PC via the cable only (for now). Configure your PC to either automatically receive IP addresses or set it to 192.168.2.3 or something. You can change the IP settings on your PC via the Network Connections and right clicking the LAN connections>Properties
-If the cable PC is ok, now we configure the wifi aspect. Go to the router's config page (192.168.2.1) in internet explorer or your browser and navigate to the Wireless settings. Set a name for it and leave it unsecured for now. With the PC thats wireless, connect to it.

Basicaly what i'm getting you to do is start from the minimum setup then work your way up when its OK, adding devices untill you find the fault. Post if you get stuck on any of the steps.

Next, have a read of this, it should help you a bit in trying to find out where the problem lies: basic networking. Post the relevant info here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/big-trouble-with-networking-gonna-throw-it-out-the-window.62089/
Relevancy 30.53%

hi guys, im the new guy in the block.. just got myself a nice package of 800mb cds, but on nero they appear as 702 mb. what can i do ? thanks.

A:im new... my 800mb cd appears as 702mb

used Overburn.. (turn the feature on)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/im-new-my-800mb-cd-appears-as-702mb.61796/
Relevancy 23.22%

I dunno if its just me or what!!! But, i just cant seem to find any rectangular case window kits available here in the UK!!!

Round ones, i can find plenty. But I don't want a round one i want a rectangular one, preferably with a blue tint!!

I just don't know where to look!!!!

A:I'm looking for a window!!!

I don`t know if this is what you`re after, but take a look HERE, HERE and HERE.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/im-looking-for-a-window.60085/
Relevancy 26.23%

i am having troubles with my connection since yesterday... the only thing different that i did was update zonealarm... i run a linksys wireless router and my other pc's are connected wireless and wired but mine won't, i tried scanning for virus,trojans,spyware... i looked for problem with registry keys even unistall and install zonealarm changed cables unistall and install my lan card drivers.. even dl and use a free software that promess to fix my kind of problem "Ispfix"... i also tried unistalling the Winsock and Winsock 2 and reinstalling again and nothing, of course i restore router defaults,restart modem,tried to renew ip adress from cdm

A:help i can't acces my network "limited or not connectivity" msg appears instead

Try a static address in your network. Then try pinging your way out. Start with the 127.0.0.1 address then the computer address you assigned and then the gateway. Make sure it is an address that is in your network. If this dosn't work try reinstalling your tcp/ip stack. Especially if you can't ping the 127.0.0.1 address

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-i-cant-acces-my-network-limited-or-not-connectivity-msg-appears-instead.51421/
Relevancy 39.13%

Some weird stuff going on here I have hard drives are IDE one is SATA They are arranged thus IDE Master - GB Western Digital SATA Master - GB Maxtor IDE through a Promise Ultra controller card Master - GB Maxtor w two GB partitions IDE through Promise Ultra controller card Slave - GB Maxtor All of these drive have been working fine on my dual boot WinXP Pro x system XP Pro is installed on C GB WD drive while x is installed on E SATA Maxtor drive However I woke up this morning to find the formatting on both the SATA drive and the GB Maxtor IDE drive had been completely lost My antivirus finds nothing nor does AdAware or Spybot I was not connected to the internet overnight at all Last night these drives wre working perfectly in fact I was using them quite a lot There is no evidence of a spontaneous reboot or that anything had been messed with from the time I went to bed to the time I woke up I am completely mystified There is a lot of data on these drives I want to get back The partitions seem to be in tact but the formatting is just gone I can no longer boot to vanish spontaneously NTFS formats x But since the C drive and the GB IDE drive seem unaffected I can still boot into XP Pro without incident and can access NTFS formats vanish spontaneously all my files on the Gigger I need to recover my information I have a copy of SpinRite but am reluctant to use it unless there is no other way to get at my data Additionally does anyone have any idea what could cause something like this to happen to two unrelated drives but not the others All of these hard disks were originally formatted using MaxBlast--I ve heard this could be an issue in and of itself But since they were all treated the same why aren t they all having problems I use Eurosoft PCcheck at my work and all the hard drives pass all the tests except the destructive write which of course I won t run The ONLY thing that seems to be wrong with the SATA and IDE is that it is no longer recognizable as having any sort of formatting Windows reads it as quot RAW quot Maxblast Eurosoft and Windows Setup all see it as unpartitioned space Any suggestions would be appreciated There s nothing on those drives that I can t live without but it would be a real hassle to ahve to restore it all from backup DVDs For reference my system configuration is as follows AMD Soyo Dragon K USA Ultra Black Label GB PC Crucial RAM ATI All-In-Wonder X Video Sound Blaster Audigy Once more the IDE SATA layout is thus IDE mobo - Primary Master GB Western Digital working has WinXP Pro installed IDE mobo - Secondary Master LG DVDR RW w Lightscribe SATA mobo - GB Maxtor partition in tact format is gone has WinXP x installed but cannot boot IDE Promise card - Primary Master GB Maxtor two partitions both in tact formatting on both is gone IDE Promise card - Secondary Master GB Maxtor Several partitions all functioning fine nbsp

A:NTFS formats vanish spontaneously

There is one thing that I noticed yesterday, which may be of some value (or may mean nothing at all): I did also lose one of the partitions on the 120GB drive (IDE4). I didn't realize it right away because I don't access it often.

It was the only NTFS partition on a that drive. All the others are FAT32. The SATA and 160IDE drives were both formatted entirely using NTFS.

C is NTFS, but it of course is the primary bootable IDE device, so it is slightly different from the others.

So, essentially...

ALL of my non-C partitions lost their file structure, _except_ the FAT32 ones.

Curiouser and curiouser...

I will run the housecall virus scan, as well as pandasoft...between those, my Norton CD, and AVG (installed on my computer), I'll see if I come up with anything...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ntfs-formats-vanish-spontaneously.54060/
Relevancy 29.67%

this is a family member's computer, and after lookin at some similar problems on here, I am beginning to think i'm out of my league.

When i turn the power on the computer sounds as if it is booting (the whirring noise).. However that is about all I get. I have a monitor hooked up to it, and there is no output on that whatsoever. I did notice that the fan on the psu is not turning. I am sorry I don't have much more info for you. It is a pentium 3 pc w/ windows 98 installed. The name on the casing is Micron. Any ideas guys?

THanks

A:p3 desktop appears to power up, but no display on monitor

UPDATE-
I removed the one stick of ram (PC100).. tried booting without it... no go. Put it back in, turned it on, and it booted to a C prompt. When I checked what is on that, only one thing is- command.com

help?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/p3-desktop-appears-to-power-up-but-no-display-on-monitor.54215/
Relevancy 22.36%

How do i fix this problem?? >>> The System file is not sutible for MS-DOS and Microsoft Window?

A:The System file is not sutible for MS-DOS and Microsoft Window?

Try XP_FIX.exe
"This installaton program will reinstall the missing or corrupt Windows XP system files command.com, autoexec.nt and config.nt. The absence or corruption of one or more of these files causes a "16 Bit Subsystem" error.

We recommend that you download this file and save it to your desktop or to another location where you can find it. Double click on the file to run it once it's downloaded. If problem reoccurs in the future, simply re-run this program."

Microsoft describe the manual method HERE

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-system-file-is-not-sutible-for-ms-dos-and-microsoft-window.51648/
Relevancy 22.79%

Has this ever happened to anybody: Up until now, I thought had a pretty decent Envision 19" CRT monitor thats less than 2 years old. Now of all sudden the OSD settings window inadvertently keeps popping up in the middle of the screen so that I can't work on anything. The manual exit and menu buttons don't work either. I've updated the monitor and graphics card driver...all with NO effect. I'm posting this on the forums in an attempt to get at the bottom of this.

A:OSD settings window gone: BERZERK!

I'd say its a fault with the monitor, probably a poor solder joint somewhere. There are very dangerous voltages inside a monitor, so i don't recommend that you open it up.
Crt's are cheap these days, your best cause of action is to replace it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/osd-settings-window-gone-berzerk.51224/
Relevancy 22.79%

hi
everytime i need help with anything like a game diagnostic a window comes up like this "windows cannot open help and support because a system service is not running" this has been here a long time.

A:problem with the help and support window

Click start then run, type in services.msc, scroll down to help and support, right click on it and select properties, in the startup type box select automatic. You may need to reboot for the change to take effect.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-the-help-and-support-window.50672/
Relevancy 22.36%

This is a toughy to explain. I just started a new job and my PC is on XP. One of our applications does this. When I try to drag the window for this ONE application, the window bounces back to the original place...sometimes. Most of the time. My other coworkers are not on XP and they are not having this problem. But like I said, its just this one app.

A:trying to drag an open window and it bounces back

What application is it? Do your co-workers use the same application on different operating systems and when they drag the window it doesn't bounce back to the original place?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-drag-an-open-window-and-it-bounces-back.45728/
Relevancy 22.36%

need the codecs for the window media player 10

A:codecs for window media player 10

It should download them automatically.More on Codecs for WMP -

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/mp10/codecs.aspx#howdoifindacodec

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/knowledgecenter/mediaadvice/0079.mspx

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/codecs-for-window-media-player-10.45626/
Relevancy 22.36%

I have an Antec Sonata ( I think?), and I would like to find a clear window for the side. Please Help!

A:Help find a Case Mod Window for Antec!

You could probably buy plexiglass at home depot and ask them to cut it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-find-a-case-mod-window-for-antec.45012/
Relevancy 28.81%

I've just installed a wireless Belkin Print Server and having several problems. There are 3 computers, 2 on Windows 2000 and a lap top on XP. At first 2 of the printers could print fine. Then I downloaded the printdrivers for the HP 6110 on to the 3rd machine. Since then the drivers have been deleted from the other 2 computers - and the download version doesn't work. So now none of the computers can print.

I can reinstall the drivers - but what is to stop this happpening all over again?

The network is wireless (netgear) using BT Broadband. Can any one suggest what I can do to retsore the printer - incidentally after the pc drivers disappeared I checked the lap top and it was fine until it was switched on - it worked once then went teh same way as the others...Can anyone help?

A:Wireless Belkin print server appears to be disabling all the printer drivers

Belkin

Hi,

I was wondering if you have managed to sort your problem out, as I am suffering from excatly the same issue. The help desk of Belkin was not use, as t hey suggested that I go and buy another printer!!

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-belkin-print-server-appears-to-be-disabling-all-the-printer-drivers.18234/
Relevancy 22.79%

i have a new iMac and a Windows Laptop. at present my iMac is connected to the broadband i would like to network the laptop and the mac wirelessly.
could you please let me know what wireless adapter for the iMac should i buy and what type of Access Point should i get. (considering the compatibility issue of the 2 platforms and the adapter and AP)

if possble also let me know of any websites that give details of how to share files between Mac and Windows

A:Networking a mac and window machine

There are no compatibility issues when it comes to networking hardware. That's what we have standards for. If it's WiFi, then it works with anything (well, if we forget buggy drivers and devices).

If you want to share the internet connection, then you want to get a wireless router, not a plain access point.

You might want to have all the devices from the ame manufacturer to get best compatibility.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/networking-a-mac-and-window-machine.41771/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi all,

I have a blue thermaltake xaser 3 case without a side window. I was wandering whether anybody knew of any other case windows that i could buy without having to mod my own. I heard a rumour that chieftec side panels fit the xaser 3 range...can anybody verify that for me. Or does anyone know where i can get a blue thermaltake xaser 3 side panel with window.

If this thread doesnt come up with any answers then i will have to do the mod myself...im just a bit worried that i will **** it up, thats all.

any ideas would be great thanks... :haha:

A:Side Window mod to thermaltake xaser 3

My friend brought his Xaser over one day and I believe I recall the case being slightly longer (deeper) than my Chieftec.

You're right to not want to mod your Xaser, I cut my friends window out larger with my dremel and I went through 2 HD discs on maybe 20 inches of metal

If you do decide to cut your own, just make alot of passes, like maybe 5 passes per cut. That or use a rotozip or a pneumatic

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/side-window-mod-to-thermaltake-xaser-3.21158/
Relevancy 22.79%

Please Help!!!

I am trying to network 3 computers together!! Setup as follows:

Machine #1: Windows XP Home (connects to the internet using USB Modem)

Machine #2: Windows XP Pro Laptop

Machine #3: Windows 2000

Can get internet on all 3 machines via ICS but can only network the XP Home machine & Windows 2000 machine. The XP Pro machine will not network at all!!!!!

Any help would be greatly received.

Martyn

A:Networking Window Machines

Are they on the same workgroup? Did you try browsing by their individual IP addresses instad of their computer names?

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/networking-window-machines.38579/
Relevancy 30.1%

I have an IBM thinkpad 800 celeron a22e.

When I turn on the power it powers up but nothing appears on the screen. After several attempts the laptop will turn on but can freeze during boot up or while I am surfing the net, playing music etc. Sometimes it just resets itself & every so often i could get the blue screen.

Sometimes the laptop turns on & can run for hours without any errors.

I like this laptop for basic chores so I would like to keep it so I was wondering if anyone has an idea what could be the problem (internal perhaps) just to save it. If nothing can be done I guess I'll sell it on ebay for parts.......

A:Notebook turns on but nothing appears on screen

I'd like to try that program but who knows when my laptop will boot up again, lol

I've heard people talk about memory as a problem but how does memory go bad? It wears out or something??

The hard disk is new and even when the hard disk isn't the the computer the screen will still be blank. The power Jack is fine. I was thinking maybe the board but memory could be somewhere to start.......

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/notebook-turns-on-but-nothing-appears-on-screen.38315/
Relevancy 22.79%

Here is my setup. I am having problems bneing able to see my computers in network places. I have 2 desktops and 1 laptop they all connect to a router and that is connected to a cable modem. All computers have XP. I go through the network setup and it says everything is fine then nothing shows up. I go to explorer and try to find it and I can't find it. What could be the deal?

A:Window xp networking issues

The deal is you not bothering to use search engines..

The search feature is your friend. I would give you the prize for being a visitor #100 asking the same bloody question again, but i'm not sure if you are #100 or #200..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/window-xp-networking-issues.36776/
Relevancy 21.93%

I am not able to install Adobe because quot another installation is in progress I can t cancel the previous effort to install PhotoGallery nor will it allow me to install a new version of Window Installer cleanup What I most recently was the program designed to resolved the difficulty - quot Windows Installer cleanup setup quot It with 4215HP installer multifunctional officejet Window problem seems ironic that is was prevented from installation My screen states quot Error No valid source could be for for product PhotoGallery the Windows Installer cannot continue quot It continues to try to install and continue to try to cancel the installation but to no avail I think that PhotoGallery may be a part of the hp officejet all-in-one printer or is could come from Adobe Photoshop What can I do to get past this I network with my wife s laptop and she has a similar problem Thanks for reading this A a day later and I can install NOTHING Because it tells me that another installation is in progress That previous installation which I do not recall asking for has been interrupted and will not be cancelled I can t shut down the computer properly but have Window installer problem with multifunctional officejet 4215HP to force the shutdown Window installer problem with multifunctional officejet 4215HP I am an older person with very limited technical skill and knowledge living in a foreign country Lend me you advice if not sympathy nbsp

A:Window installer problem with multifunctional officejet 4215HP

A solution

I restored the system to the way it was a month ago and it took away the problem -for now. Thanks for reviewing my painful situation.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/window-installer-problem-with-multifunctional-officejet-4215hp.34187/
Relevancy 29.67%

My Maxtor 6 b250s0 sata HDD appears as a virtual clonedrive???

how this is possible? i can't even format the thing because it is a virtual clonedrive in my computer... it is a secondary HDD. primary is some sort of a crap ide thing... please someone guide me throug this dark period of computers :haha:
maxtor website is no use... how to format????

A:My Maxtor 6 b250s0 sata HDD appears as a CD drive???

teukka69 said:

how this is possible? i can't even format the thing because it is a virtual clonedrive in my computer... it is a secondary HDD. primary is some sort of a crap ide thing... please someone guide me throug this dark period of computers :haha:
maxtor website is no use... how to format????Click to expand...

did u find out how to do it i ve got the same problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-maxtor-6-b250s0-sata-hdd-appears-as-a-cd-drive.17445/
Relevancy 29.24%

My IT dept. is at a loss for a solution to the following problem I'm having.

When trying to view a DVD, I'm getting the pop-up:

The Disk is not Formated
Do you want to Format it now?

I'm able to view it on my DVD player at home, and my IT dept. has installed the DVD driver and software, and we've viewed another DVD to make sure that it works, and it does.

A:Cannot View DVD on my computer (Disk Format message appears)

dvd NOT VIEWING

Sounds like you need a firmware update on the office DVD player. Go to the manuf website and look in Downloads. Pay close attention to the instructions because you can destroy (corrupt driver logic) on the DVD player if you don't do it right.

If it's a burned DVD some older players won't recognise it. Only solution is firmware upgrade if the manuf has made one!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-view-dvd-on-my-computer-disk-format-message-appears.33726/
Relevancy 30.53%

I burned some photos onto a CD-R but since when I've inserted it into the DVD/CD drive it appears empty in Windows Explorer, and sometimes it causes Windows Explorer to crash, so what is the problem?

A:Burned CD appears empty

Did you select the option to complete (close) the CD?

What burning software are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burned-cd-appears-empty.32598/
Relevancy 29.67%

hey there
I have a Compaq Armada M700 with XP pro and I am having trouble with the speakers on it. they were working fine and then one day they just quit, no system sounds no music nothing. And yes I checked the mute and the drivers I have also run numerus scans and things as well and nothing seems to work.
they are internal speakers so no cords or anything to be unpluged

A:A sound appears to play but I cant hear a thing!

Could be that your internal speakers have died. Can you connect some external speakers?

You may need to disable the internal speakers first.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-sound-appears-to-play-but-i-cant-hear-a-thing.29007/
Relevancy 30.53%

red
Hi my name is dan and i have just upgraded my computer.
The problem i am having is when i start the computer,nothing comes up on the monitor.
i have changed and swaped graphic cards,harddrives,ram and even motherboards not to mention cables.to no avail.
can someone be so kind as to help me.
i thank you regars dan.

A:nothing appears on my monitor

Howdy!

Follow this LINK
it will tremendously help us to help you!
BtW
Welcome toTechSpot

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nothing-appears-on-my-monitor.28646/
Relevancy 29.67%

ok i just installed a program and when i try to load it an error comes up saying that directx 9.0c adapters are not in my system or something like that and i tried installing directx 9.0c update and directx 9.0c fullpackage plus the program was supposed to install it when it installed

A:i need help running a program and error appears saying something about directx

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go HERE and read my post. A message for all newcomers.

What that error message is telling you, is your videocard isn`t up to the standard required.

Look at the programmes system requirements.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-help-running-a-program-and-error-appears-saying-something-about-directx.27349/
Relevancy 30.1%

MB is Epox EP-8KTA3PRO, with 2/05/02 Award BIOS (latest version from Epox website). System runs Windows XP home SP2. The Athlon MP 1100 CPU works fine. Installed an XP 2000+ Palomino which Epox says is supported by MB, and system won't even begin to boot or show POST and monitor will not wake. After 3 CPU swaps back and forth with same result, and swap of video card, the old CPU runs fine, and the new one doesn't run at all. I believe the 2000+ CPU is dead. Any comments? Thanks.

A:Swiched AMD Athlon CPUs and new one appears to be DOA.

Hmmmm?

orginal post JoeSpike
MB is Epox EP-8KTA3PRO, with 2/05/02 Award BIOS (latest version from Epox website). System runs Windows XP home SP2. The Athlon MP 1100 CPU works fine. Installed an XP 2000+ Palomino which Epox says is supported by MB, and system won't even begin to boot or show POST and monitor will not wake. After 3 CPU swaps back and forth with same result, and swap of video card, the old CPU runs fine, and the new one doesn't run at all. I believe the 2000+ CPU is dead. Any comments? Thanks.Click to expand...

I think we're needing alot more detailed info to better help ya out.

Have you try'd clearing the cmos?
It seems to me that your 1100 is running at a diff FSB and multiplyer
than the newer 2000+. There are others here that can better tell ya what
those settings are.
You need to refer to your MoBo book to get all
jumpers, dip swithes and bios settings correct for newer cpu to work.
G'Luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/swiched-amd-athlon-cpus-and-new-one-appears-to-be-doa.25525/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi, I am trying to fix this computer for my uncle. Every time I try to access the CD rom drive an error messege comes up. I do not know what the problem is. If anyone else has found this problem and fixed, or knows how please let me know.

Error messege: CD rom drive not ready

Sys specs

Win 98

Toshiba CD-Rom Drive model no. xm-6202b, if that helps anything.

I need to fix this problem before the first of April. :hotbounce

A:*URGENT* "CD drive not ready" messege appears when trying to access CD

If the computer correctly detects the CD-ROM drive when booting, its probably not that there is a loose cable connection, but check that anyway.

You probably have a dead CD-ROM drive. They are INCREDIBLY cheap now. Buy another one and replace it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/urgent-cd-drive-not-ready-messege-appears-when-trying-to-access-cd.23428/
Relevancy 34.4%

Ok, so I have a 3Com EtherLink 10/100 PCI For Complete PC Management NIC (3C905C-TX) and I recently had the disconnecting reconnecting error. Fixed that by resseting the router. Ok, now a problem that has come back from the past to haunt me has arrived. My dl rate has gone from regular around 300-400kbs to a whopping 50 max. Now I am no newbie to computers and have asked people online about it. No I'm not calling technical support lines or that stuff, also I did fix it on this site once in the advanced portion of the router but I dont have the site anymore. Sux to be me huh?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/networking-issues-need-help-on-major-3com-etherlink-10-100-pci-for-complete-pc-manage.22734/
Relevancy 22.79%

How much of a difference in signal gain is there by having an omni antenna placed indoors (in a window with line of sight to connecting pc's) compared with placing that antenna outdoors on a roof?

It would be much easier to place the omni in the window and then i wouldn't need to degrade signal by running cable...... but not sure how much signal strength/range i would lose by keeping the antenna indoors and inside of a window.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/antenna-in-window-vs-roof.20618/
Relevancy 29.67%

I m a bit of a computer novice which is probably why I m having a problem so I ll try to be as desciptive as possible I got a replacement drive - Seagate Barracuda GB HD - for Christmas and installed it the same day using the software that came with it - DiscWizard I then installed my OS Windows SE Office set up internet etc and everything appeared to be working fine until I tried to slave in my old Maxtor HD for additional storage The computer recognizes the hardware - my problem is that the machine is telling me the drive is empty but there should be a significant amount of data on it Almost like it has been reformatted but it hasn t - that Slaved data empty with drive appears was going Slaved drive with data appears empty to be my next task after transferring my data onto the Seagate Does anyone have any suggestions as to how Slaved drive with data appears empty I can get my files back Any help is greatly appreciated - thanks nbsp

A:Slaved drive with data appears empty

Check the jumper-settings on the Seagate. Master is a jumper on pins 7-8.
See the sticker on top of the HD.
Set the Maxtor to Slave, probably also has a sticker.
The Seagate should be at the end of the IDE-cable, the Maxtor in the middle.
Check that the red-line on the IDE-cable is at pin-1 on both HDs and mobo.

Afterthought: the old maxtor may not like a 80-pin cable. Use a 40-pin for the time being.
80-pin are for ATA-100 and up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slaved-drive-with-data-appears-empty.18689/
Relevancy 21.5%

Recently got a computer built for me with the sole intention of gaming The equipment on the PC should play any game out there very easily which it does I was playing Rome total War and my computer restarts I turned off McAfee Anti Virus and it does improve the problem but not totally Last night I downloaded Legend of Mir and tried to play the game I got on to the loggin server ok and entered my password and ID and proceeeded to the character screen On the final screen before entering the game I press ok to enter the game and it flashses quickly into the game then throws me back to windows Whats going on I have turned off my firewalls allowed full access both ways turned off my anti virus and still I get kicked back to windows This is so frustrating Maybe I should go buy an off the shelf pc again never had these problems before and I am not going to mention HalfLife Everything on the PC is normal so to speak and I have added McAfee Anti Virus Firewall Plus and Anti Spyware Oh finally online and throws game keeps and Computer to in wont let window restarting me me back the fan in the hard drive does blow alot could this be the problem Please help as you all know you wait ages to get the PC you always wanted and just when you start trying to play boom Computer keeps restarting and online game wont let me in and throws me back to window nothing Computer keeps restarting and online game wont let me in and throws me back to window and left feeling dejected Rgk nbsp

A:Computer keeps restarting and online game wont let me in and throws me back to window

Please Do Not Double Post ,The Same Issue!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-keeps-restarting-and-online-game-wont-let-me-in-and-throws-me-back-to-window.17915/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi all I am having a strange problem with my video card I have a MSI PRO PLUS Card and I got it weeks ago I will try to explain what happens its difficult to explain although very easy to see Sorry if my explanation is a bit confused My OS is WinXP PRO SP Well I like racing games and since the morning of today I can see some quot drizzle quot as quot TV interference quot in the shadow appears what would generated on some have games; Located it? "artifacts" of the cars in other words the problem ONLY appears in the dark black shadow where the cars go by It seems some very small artifacts but ONLY on the cars shadows so I can see the quot ground color quot in some parts of Located "artifacts" appears on some games; what would have generated it? the shadow Its very very strange because looks like that Located "artifacts" appears on some games; what would have generated it? the shadow is quot perforated quot and its possible to see what would be quot under quot it quot the ground quot I didn t make nothing different with my video card it was working very well until yesterday - no problems I have already re-installed my video card driver but the problem keeps on My single suspicion concerning to a game that I have installed x EVO and inside which I choose different ways of rendering Open-GL and Direct D TNL Hardware I am not sure but I think that this strange problem can have begun after this As I didnt tried any kind of Located "artifacts" appears on some games; what would have generated it? overclocking and the problem ONLY VERY specific place appears on the cars shadows when they are in ACTION - not on the others eventual quot black dark quot parts of the screen - at first view I can not believe that my video card is with some problem of hardware Anyways I would like some skilled opinion about I would like to clarify that this specific problem does not happens in ALL games I have but in some of them Some hints about what is happening And what could I do to solve it please Thanks a lot in advance for any information nbsp

A:Located "artifacts" appears on some games; what would have generated it?

I don't know for sure, but sometimes when the 3D developers implement some stuff in a strange way, such things can happen.
Let me explain my idea.
It's possible though very strange that they have implemented shadows on the ground by applying an additional polygon (coloured in black / dark) just on top of the ground itself. It would not be usual but it's possible. In that case, if you try to draw more than one polygon belonging to the same plane on top of each other (for example ground + shadow or wall + poster, etc) then the 3D API does not know which one is on front of the other (because none is in front, they have exactly the same coordinates for that plane). Then, sometimes some pixels belonging to the shadow and some to the ground are displayed, randomly. I'm gonna try to find a picture illustrating that behaviour. If that is what happens, there is nothing to do but fire the developers of the game Seriously, a special extension allows developers to do the same thing (2 polygons on 1 plane) without such glitches, but it has to be in the code of the game, so there is no way to fix it afterwards. Not dure if its what's happening. Try to post a screenshot of that area, so people can see it clearly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/located-artifacts-appears-on-some-games-what-would-have-generated-it.14673/
Relevancy 23.22%

I was just wondering if anyone knew any place that i could get a window kit... preferrably online... and without a credit card.. and in canada.. i know thats alot to ask lol. thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/window-kit.8613/
Relevancy 22.36%

I just upgraded from my Athlon XP 2100 with 512MB of PC2100, to an Athlon XP 2600 (model 8) with 512MB of Corsair PC2700.

After installing the processor and RAM I set the front side bus for 166mhz (since the processor and RAM is 333mhz).

I was able to boot up find, but right after POST when Windows was supposed to start loading I got a black screen and my monitor turned off (like my PC was off).

So, then I set the processor and RAM for 133mhz FSB again so I could figure out what was going on and make sure I could boot into Windows XP (which I could, otherwise I wouldn't be typing this right now).

The processor detects as a 2600+ when I set the FSB for 166 (333), I just can't load Windows and when I check CMOS I see that it is running at 170'F.

A:Athlon XP 2600+, 170'F, Window's wont boot

Almost all mobos now a days, will do what you said, make the screen just go completly black, however your PC will remain on, when your CPU is overheating. This is the mobos protection, making sure your CPU doesnt fry. If its 170'F at 133FSB your cooler most probbly isnt seated properly.

When I changed coolers, and forgot to plug the fan into my mobo, the comp stayed on for 10minz or so, then the screen went black, but the computer LED was still lit up indicating it was on. So I recon you get the problem you do, at 333FSB, becasue your CPU is overheating (then being saved from the mobos cpu protection). So i'd check that your cooler is seated properly, spinning (the fan), and you didnt forget anything like thermal paste when you swapped cpus.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/athlon-xp-2600-170f-windows-wont-boot.7895/
Relevancy 22.36%

Well, i'm gonna be getting this case soon, and there is a grill at the side on the window...
I was wondering if there are holes to mount a fan here...
I would like to put this fan on the side window of the case...
thanks...

A:Antec 1000 PlusView window fan question...

Yeah. Basically the fan goes on the inside of your case and the grill on the outside then screw it on and it holds it in place.

What case is it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/antec-1000-plusview-window-fan-question.6359/
Relevancy 22.36%

I want to get rid of the window on my Antec Plusview 1000AMG and replace it with a window that does not have the 80mm fan mount because I don't use the fan mount and it just looks bad. As long as I can get a replacement that is a clear or blue window that would be great. Does anyone know where I can get this?

A:Want to change my Antec Plusview1000AMG window, how?

I'm sure you could probably buy one from Antec if you contact them and ask, though it might not be cheap. I'd recommend you take the window out and bring it to a glass shop. They should be able to cut you one from lexan or whatever material you want. I have a friend who owns a glass shop and he has done a few custom ones for people who have added windows, should be even less work for them since they will have your old one to use as a template.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/want-to-change-my-antec-plusview1000amg-window-how.5159/
Relevancy 22.79%

http www lanaddict com review php ID few months ago I was intrigued by a small number of Hard Drive Modifications Drive Hard Window Mod in which they put varied windows however none of which offered documentation Hard Drive Window Mod on how they did such a mod or even showed detailed instructions on how they did it Now I ve tried once before on an aging hard drive and it was a dismal failure after which many of my peers questioned my mental capacity claiming Hard Drives cannot be modified and opening a drive in the open without being in a Clean Room would destroy the data on the drive and render it useless Well here arose the challenge I had decided to prove them wrong After browsing the internet and seeing a few articles few tidbits of information I decided to set my eyes on a smaller hard drive from Ebay it ended up being a GB Quantum Fireball nothing fancy but at least I knew I wouldn t be wasting few precious saved dollars I had Now before I begin this article we must let everyone know about the boring legal information you probably expect to see This Article is for Educational use only and all steps are experimental which may be used as a guidelines however LAN Addict and our staff cannot be held responsible for any damages you may incur while attempting the modification We urge the extreme care when performing this modification for both safety and responsibility Click to expand http www lanaddict com review php ID nbsp

A:Hard Drive Window Mod

that is pretty kewl, but I would never attempt it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-window-mod.2815/
Relevancy 22.79%

when I launch outlook express a dial up connection window and a window telling me I have unsent mail appears! How can I rid myself of this problem?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/window-errors.2052/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hey gang,

Found this over at ipKonfig. This is a review of a nice window and light kit for your case, if you are interested. Enjoy.

Company: ZXmods
Author: Se7en
Date: March 26, 2002

For those of us pushing for a professional look to our cases, ZXmods has almost everything. Its best known products are the Sun Fan Grill and large line of Zantec Window mods. It also carries a variety of colors of Cold-Cathode lights, and these little beauties are about the best way to add the ultimate touch to a case.Click to expand...

Complete story here

ipKonfig.com

A:Light and Window kits

I posted my "Cooling Resources" links in other threads, most of which offer window & light kits.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/light-and-window-kits.903/
Relevancy 35.69%

Software needed

Is there any way to manage several soundcards?
I have three Creative Audigy's and I want:
#1 to play for example winamp
#2 to play media player
#3 to play some video player

Can I do it with a program or something?
Thanks from now...

A:Software to manage 3 Creative Audigy's

SuSe Linux 7.3 said it can support 8 soundcards...

By the way: with ALSA (Advanced Linux Sound Architecture), you can use up to eight sound cards simultaneously.Click to expand...

yeah, yeah. i know. this is an OS...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/software-to-manage-3-creative-audigys.313/
Relevancy 22.36%

I've recently bought a new 15.3" full HD laptop, and today I sat down with a mate to play an old java game that we've long enjoyed. Problem is, the game is tiny on this laptop and doesn't seem to get any bigger even when I set the resolution to its lowest.

Is there any way to resize the game so we can actually see what's going on?

Thanks

A:Java window tiny- any way to resize?

Probably the game does not recognise the screen dimensions being reported to it by your PC screen driver. It's too old and would need to be re-compiled. Some suggestions....

After changing the current screen resolution, did you actually reboot before trying the game?
Does the game need re-installing on your new hardware?
Does the game have any settings you can adjust from within it?
Is there a more recent download of the game?
What happens if you change the values in the 'embed' java statement of the link you gave?
Does the game or the author have a forum where you can get advice?

My best opinion for the most flexible solution is.....
Try running the game in a virtual PC where you can fool the game to think it is running on, for example, XP - it may simply be incompatible with win 8.1 or whatever you now have http://www.lifehacker.co.uk/2010/12/19/five-best-virtual-machine-applications

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/java-window-tiny-any-way-to-resize.207809/
Relevancy 26.66%

Need "Microsoft Office Document Image Writer"

Previously used WinXPsp2.

Now I've formatted and installed winXPsp3, after installing office2003 as usual.

The problem is I can not print using the "Microsoft Office Document Image Writer" which is a virtual printer office2003 and "Printers and Faxes" does not appear, as I set it up or I can do.

If I have installed the "Microsoft Office Document Imaging"

img197.imageshack.us/img197/2620/impresora.jpg

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-appears-microsoft-office-document-image-writer.155076/
Relevancy 36.12%

I have 1 TB Hard Drive and 750 GB space occupied with my data.
I need to free some space to remove unused or large size data.

Anyone can help me to guide how can i manage my data? how can I view data the which files are largest or unused or duplicate cause occupy space?

Is any software or tool to viewing data and finding duplicate files and removing them to freing space on my hard drive?

thanx to allow a qurey here.

A:How can I manage data on my PC?

You could try something like WinDirStat:
http://download.cnet.com/WinDirStat/3000-2248_4-10614593.html

That will show you where space is being taken on your hard drives and what's taking up the space. I'm not familiar with any de-dupe software but I'm sure someone will know about it.

This one is free if you want to give it a try:
http://download.cnet.com/Duplicate-Cleaner/3000-2248_4-10584403.html?tag=mncol

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-manage-data-on-my-pc.149705/
Relevancy 19.78%

Earlier, I downloaded a file and since then my computer have been acting strange! Please help with this issue as it refuse to let me download programs and denying me access.

A:"Window Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some"

Try doing a Windows Restore to an earlier date. You may also have a virus or other malware infection...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/window-resource-protection-found-corrupt-files-but-was-unable-to-fix-some.213094/
Relevancy 22.36%

My default browser is Mozilla Firefox. I was playing with customizing the Outlook toolbar and found that if I use the search icon - BING opens in the MS outlook window and the links stay in the window. However, if I use the browser command, Firefox opened properly. Is there a method of keeping the browser in MS Outlook only ?

A:Browser in Outlook 2007 window

This and other reasons are why I never use these "Toolbar" add-ons - - they just get in the way and cause problems - - IMO

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/browser-in-outlook-2007-window.198941/