Windows Support Forum

Max temp to allow EVGA GT 240 before cranking fan up?

Q: Max temp to allow EVGA GT 240 before cranking fan up?

Several mos ago replaced OEM GPU that ran hot w EVGA GT When hot weather got here I noticed GT seemed to run hotter than I think it should w normal browsing temp to EVGA before GT up? 240 Max fan cranking allow But also noticed fan speed really didn t increase much until temps were in high s - Max temp to allow EVGA GT 240 before cranking fan up? even then fan might run only - I can get GPU up past C just clicking back forth on some images - like Mozilla themes Yes the GPU fins fan are clean - took em outside amp blew out Can see down thru the fins w a flashlight to check Really wasn t dirty so made no diff under type of use described Installed MSI s Afterburner amp tried the quot User defined software automatic fan control quot - which controls the fan well SpeedFan didn t amp easy on resources Question - at what temp would you really crank up the fan to avoid ever getting above that temp Specs or manuals don t give this info Obviously the stock setup wasn t effective Right now have Afterburner set to at C C see graph This may not be running the fan high enough to keep it below C - still gets there opening a lot of pages Once fan kicks in temp drops fairly quickly amp running at that easily drops it below C or Should note - no other components get nearly as high so doesn t seem to be a problem w the case I know some report GPUs running F amp even higher but seems kinda high amp hard on components if happens very often Still have a lot of room to increase fan speed but don t want to be overly concerned if C isn t an issue I could raise it to or higher C if necessary This also makes me question effectiveness of the factory thermal paste as I ve read so many complain about That maybe I should think about redoing the paste Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Max temp to allow EVGA GT 240 before cranking fan up?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Max temp to allow EVGA GT 240 before cranking fan up?

Hi Debbie,
GPU' s are designed to run warmer than CPU's so while cooler is better, 50-60c is nothing to get overly concerned with. increasing the airflow through your case to lower temps would be preferable to running the cards fan at 90% constantly if you can. The upper thermal limit for GPU's (AMD & Nvidia) is 105c. while thats to warm as far as I am concerned, If you can keep idle temps below 50c and load temps to 85c or less, the card will probably outlast your use for it.
Hope that helped

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/max-temp-to-allow-evga-gt-240-before-cranking-fan-up.167388/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi Sorry for the long post but I wanted to provide as much info as possible for a better solution I have been experiencing strange clicking sounds please see link coming from my XFX HD lately or it can XFX PC noise, 4850 temp HD and clicking then High crashes be from PSU I have been using this card since years It XFX HD 4850 clicking noise, High temp and then PC crashes used to be very rare only at bootup but ever since I have started playing Bioshock infinite it has become much more frequent Initially I did not get any problems playing but last time I could only manage hr and then mins before pc crashed Today when I started the pc there was not any of that sound but XFX HD 4850 clicking noise, High temp and then PC crashes after minutes the hideous sound started and after few seconds pc shutdown This happened again and again with shorter time frames Interesting thing is I did not even played the game was only browsing the potential problem on the net Turns out it can either be -Some hindrance in fans spinning -Coil whine -PSU problem I couldn t pinpoint the exact problem I tried listening to it very closely could only guess that it was coming from gpu it also seemed very hot Using GPUz I started monitoring and gpu temp went from - C range to C within minutes before it shut down So it seems gpu is the reason I put a bit of load on gpu by emulating a game in pj during that time I had got my power outlets checked by a voltmeter few days ago the electrician said they were fine My desktop airflow is good never had a high temp problem with my cpu and side of the cover is always open My questions are -Can I underclock my gpu so that it consumes less power -Do I need to install ccc since I haven t earlier -I used an air blower a couple of months ago and also cleaned the gpu with a brush did nt find much dust or any object blocking the fans I can t rma since I had a bad time doing that in the last few times other h w long wait Also I don t have a built in gfx with this build What do you suggest Thanks Link screens and audio http s tinyupload com index php file id GPUZ min max temps Date GPU Core Clock MHz GPU Memory Clock MHz GPU Temperature C Fan Speed Fan Speed RPM RPM GPU Load GPU Temp DISPIO C GPU Temp MEMIO C GPU Temp SHADERCORE C Memory Usage Dedicated MB Memory Usage Dynamic MB VDDC V - - - - Update After I cleaned my pc again with air blower and also the gpu separately tested the system Starting temps were better from c instead of c and biggest difference was the dramatic reduction in fans rpm previously and now - rpm and noise But bad news is during those - mins the gpu temps kept rising again even at gpu load and once I put a bit of load on gpu - via pj emulater it rised to c before pc shutdown again So does it means I have to apply thermal paste too Or can this be fixed if I update the gpu driver Please any solutions suggestions wil be really appreciated nbsp

A:XFX HD 4850 clicking noise, High temp and then PC crashes

I'm having a bit of trouble following (more than likely my fault). What is the GPU fan speed during load?

If the RPM's seem normal, it could be thermal bond in the thermal paste that is broken.
If the fan speed doesn't appear to be normal, the fan itself could be broken.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xfx-hd-4850-clicking-noise-high-temp-and-then-pc-crashes.207299/
Relevancy 35.69%

I AM UPGRADING FROM A RADEON 5700 1G TO A
EVGA SuperClocked 03G-P4-2666-KR GeForce GTX 660 3GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP
is this a good enough step up to play battle field 4 at a high level?
low on cash but this card I found seems to have what I need plus maybe a few yrs in it before a upgrade is needed. any input would be appreciated.
reason I ask is I have a day to cancel and get something else but I am not real good with computers. I am running a phenom quad core with 4 gigs of ram on win 7 ultimate and a 600 watt power supply and 1t hard drive

OH AND MY MOTHERBOARD IS A GA-MA785GM-US2H

A:EVGA SuperClocked 03G-P4-2666-KR GeForce GTX 660 3GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP

This should answer your question. The GTX 660 has 30FPS with ultra quality at 1680x1050. Lowering the quality settings to high, raised the frame rate to nearly 50FPS.
http://www.techspot.com/review/734-battlefield-4-benchmarks/

Final Thought:

If you can live with high settings however, you'll boost your frame rates by around 60%, sometimes as much as 80%, which is enough to make the GTX 660 and HD 7850 practical options. ...
Fortunately, there's less to consider when choosing a processor -- just make sure you have a quad-core chip. It doesn't even have to be a new one, as even the Core i7-920 and Phenom II X4 980 took care of business. ...Click to expand...

Side note:

As was the case with Battlefield 3, as long as your processor has four cores/threads, it shouldn't have a problem in EA's latest shooter. The only processors to struggle were the dual-core AMD Phenom and Athlon CPUs, while the game can utilize up to eight threads if your chip has them on tap.Click to expand...

Another improvement would be to get 8GB memory. In my opinion 4GB is boarder-line to being sufficient.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-superclocked-03g-p4-2666-kr-geforce-gtx-660-3gb-192-bit-gddr5-pci-express-3-0-x16-hdcp.202193/
Relevancy 37.41%

PSU issue I think

heres what it is when I first installed this card (had a 500w antec psu) the comp was fine till I played diablo and poof shut off the comp via psu , so decide to get a thermaltake 2 600w and hook tht up now ot plays for a longer time
but does the same thing,I took the card back and got a new one of the same
same thing happens , so I decided to try a different approach and I have a psu I modded for xbox 360 tht is wired to stay on and I ran the card powered by tht and was able to play for hours and only 2 times it shut that psu off suggestions or now a psu tht doesnt get fooled so easy or what is really going on...lol thank you

A:PSU issue with evga gtx 660 superclocked

If you got a different video card and a different PSU, chances are there is something else wrong unless you got very unlucky and got another bad part from one of the two things swapped out.
My guess would be one of the following just from one you said:
The new PSU is bad as well
The CPU is overheating and shutting off
GPU could be overheating and shutting off (Though this is unlikely)
Those are just a few things to check, I would go into the bios and see what temp the CPU is running at while in there and decide if its running above what it should be. If that's not the issue I would try returning the PSU for a different one and see if that fixes the issue. Though the fact that the machine shuts off with 3 different PSU's points to a different part being an issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/psu-issue-with-evga-gtx-660-superclocked.201615/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi, I am planing to build a custom budget gamning PC.
Is this GPU(http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-SUPERCLOCKED-Graphics-02G-P4-2653-KR/dp/B00966IU9W/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1396179748&sr=8-4&keywords=evga gtx 650 2 gb) or this (http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Dual-Link-Graphics-02G-P4-3751-KR/dp/B00IDG3PRI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1396179830&sr=8-2&keywords=evga gtx 650 2 gb) really worth it and does it fits to this:

AMD Athlon X4 760K-CPU
MSI FM2 A75MA E35-MOTHERBOARD
Corsair Vengeance 1600 Mhz 4 or 8 GB-RAM
Corsair CX430-PSU
NZXT Source 210-CASE
WD Caviar Blue 500 GB-HDD
Sorry for my english.
Thanks in advance.

A:Is EVGA GTX 650 2 GB worth it?

Do you have a budget for how much you can spend on the Video Card itself? I would suggest shopping around because Amazon doesn't always have the best deals. Depending on where you are located, you could find some really sweet deals. Spending another $10 you can get an EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti Superclocked 2GB ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487024 ) or for the same price as GTX 650 you can get a PNY GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB ( http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8906822&CatId=7387 ). I'm not saying you have to buy either of those cards, just showing you that you have options. You could also go with an AMD video card if you wanted to. Let us know how much you can spend (on either just the Video Card or the whole system) and we can help you out.
Also, looking at the specs you included, it looks like you have a decent plan for the build. I would suggest getting 8GB of Ram, not just 4GB. If you want to game on it, then 8GB is pretty much the "safe zone" for gaming.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-evga-gtx-650-2-gb-worth-it.201248/
Relevancy 27.95%

Alright this is really driving me kinda nuts I recently upgraded from a Pentium Dual Core ghz to AMD A - K ghz Quadcore Gigabyte F A M D H GB DDR RAM PowerColor HD GB temp issue A8-5600K monitoring TB HDDs Cooling A8-5600K temp monitoring issue info Aerocool Vs running stock heatsink intake mm fans x facing CPU side x bottom x front facing HDDs and exhaust mm fan at the back And everything s basically fine except the temperature monitoring for the processor A - k in the BIOS it s like C even if System Temperature was C is that even realistic and in Windows bit I can t tell which temp it is using HWInfo HWmonitor Gigabyte s easytune and coretemp In HWinfo it kinda claims the CPU is - degrees Then in Gigabyte s easy tune CPU is C so I traced it and if you look in the picture atleast according to Gigabyte it s Temperature - C but that s kinda unrealistic as it also stays at C even under full load Then finally in HWMonitor there s a Package under AMD A - K that says it s around - C but I m still not sure which one is it What is that quot package quot anyway In fact one time Hwmonitor said C was the max but maybe that was because I was runinng other temp monitors and it conflicted On the rest of the instances in this original post I made sure to run one at a time I ran a Blend Test in Prime and both the TMPIN which is the same value as the - C in Easytune and HWinfo and the A - K Package are changing and maxing at C and C respectively So all in all SpeedFan BIOS HWinfo and ET all display - C or something HWMonitor and Speccy display the - s Which should I trust or what should I use nbsp

A:A8-5600K temp monitoring issue

Trust the package temp, that's the one on those processors you should be watching for.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a8-5600k-temp-monitoring-issue.197971/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi, I plan on OCing my Sapphire HD7850, I know to never allow it go above 80 degrees celcius. What I'm wondering is should I allow it to get to 70 degrees or 75?

Will my card last a lot longer if I only let it reach 70 as opposed to 75? I'd like the card to last a couple of years more at least.

Thanks

A:HD 7850 max temp?

GPUs are generally quite resilient to high temperatures, 80C won't be a problem. My 7970 in a Crossfire sandwich gets above 90C on a hot day and it's been running merrily for about 18 months.

Voltage is also important and will kill the card if you up it too much.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hd-7850-max-temp.195313/
Relevancy 37.41%

I have had this card for a little over 2 years. Now I want to upgrade to something better because I not only game, but hook my computer up to my Sony HDTV for movies and such.
My system Specs:
Intel core i7 960 (3.85 GHz)
18GB RAM (corsair vengeance? forgot)
512GB SSD (OCZ vertex 4)
EVGA GTX 560 TI Superclocked (want to upgrade?)
650w PSU

I am looking at maybe a EVGA GTX 760 Superclocked or around that price range of $250. I do not want to SLI my 560 because I don't think my PSU can handle it and heat issues.

Any suggestions or advice? Thank you guys in advance you are the greatest!!!!!

A:Upgrading from EVGA GTX 560 TI Superclocked

The GTX 760 is a good choice. Other option in that price range would be a HD 7950.

Btw playing movies through a TV doesn't warrant an upgrade since it's not GPU intensive. You should see a nice performance bump when playing graphically demanding games though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-from-evga-gtx-560-ti-superclocked.195869/
Relevancy 37.84%

Alright so I got a new video card for an old build with a dying video card The new one is an evga GTX non ti non overclocked The problem is upon installing the drivers the PC bluescreens while at the starting windows screen The message says attempt to restart the graphics driver and recover failed or whatever it is along those lines the stop message ix x driver in question is nvlddmkm sys I have eliminated as far as I can tell the possibility of a driver problem I tried driver sweeper once tried two versions of drivers the one on the disc and the latest from online and I simply just uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times Anyway I have eliminated the possibility of drivers im fairly sure and the possibility of a bad motherboard as my GT is working perfectly as I type this on the PC in question Noteably the GT bluescreens 660 Troubleshooting an evga GTX about once a week or so with the same message of driver recovery failed I could not tell you if the stop message is the same if it happens again ill update thread This only happens after a while of gaming or sometimes tabbing in and out of games Temperatures are reasonable not a cause Troubleshooting an evga GTX 660 I might also say that the card DID boot ubuntu live off a USB and display the screen in p quite well It also works fine in safe mode for windows I couldnt get any of the GPU diagnostics tools in ubuntu to work though-most seemed to be unavailable Troubleshooting an evga GTX 660 to download the nvidia drivers didnt like live copy So my question is could the OS itself be the problem Should I attempt to make a small linux partition Or is Troubleshooting an evga GTX 660 it more likely than not just a faulty card Im about done here I just want to know by tommorow if I can send the bloody thing back if it is indeed faulty Specs core quad Q GB ddr w PSU card appears to be working fine on it in terms of fan spinning slight heat generation Intel DG CN example link http compare ebay com like var lv amp ltyp AllFixedPriceItemTypes amp var sbar I know its not a good system to put a gtx on but the rest will be replaced eventually If its relevant my case has more than adequate cooling This is not what I wanted to do upon receiving a new card I wanted to game Please please help and thank you nbsp

A:Troubleshooting an evga GTX 660

The 660 requires a 450W PSU or greater, so you are fine. What OS do you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/troubleshooting-an-evga-gtx-660.195526/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi I was wondering what is a stable/safe CPU temp for a gaming laptop?
on speedfan im getting a reading of while running a game. is this good or bad?
HD0 32C
Temp1 53-55
GPU 53-55
core 53-55

A:CPU temp while gaming on laptop

We need to know the specs of your computer. Download a program called 'speccy', and give us the details, along with your laptop model name.

But, that being said, 55c while in a game is excellent for a laptop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-temp-while-gaming-on-laptop.190468/
Relevancy 28.38%

I recently built a pc with a fx 6100 8gb ddr3 and a 7850 in a nzxt phantom 410. and I'm getting what I think are good temps my gpu reaches 50c in load, and the cpu says relatively cool but on speed fan it says the aes says it's like 90c. So what is this aes and do you think these temps are correct. I believe this could'nt be correct, because I have my fans at 100% and I would like to see what you guys think 2. Ill upload gpu-z cpu-z and speed fan diagnostics later today.

And excuse my bad grammar.

A:Weird temp error? (hopefully)

Do not use Speed fan to monitor temps. Use Core Temp or HWmonitor and then report back.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-temp-error-hopefully.189984/
Relevancy 36.98%

I noticed after I installed beta driver 310.70 that temps at idle were way up, about 41c, so I removed the card and cleaned the fan and heatsink with compressed air (it wasn't very dirty). Still high temps afterwards, started looking at settings, and noticed that the card was no longer idling down (staying at 981 MHz core and 2257 MHz memory all the time). That explains the high temps, but how do I fix this problem. I tried a completely clean install of the stable driver (306.97) per a guide on the proper way to update Nvidia drivers, but the problem remains. Checked all the BIOS settings, multiple monitor is disabled, etc. Checked all settings in Nvidia Control Panel. Any help will be much appreciated! BTW I am running Windows 8 Pro x64

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-550ti-superclocked-wont-idle-down.188189/
Relevancy 28.81%

I'm in the process of building a new computer to replace my aging Q6600 setup, and I decided to go with Asrock's new "OC Formula" Motherboard. This motherboard comes with some inbuilt profiles for overclocking, and I decided that 4.8 GHz sounded like an awesome number so I clicked on the profile, rebooted and from what I can tell it's working like a lovely dream.

What I want to know is, what sort of temps should I be getting? Because right now I am sitting on 72 degrees C after 30 minutes of Prime95 and from everything I've read the temps should be a lot higher.

according to the bundled AsRock software (OC Formula Drive)
VCORE = 1.343 V
BCLK/PCIE Freq = 100 MHz
CPU Ratio = x 48.0
GT Frequency = 350 MHz

Using Corsair's H100 Cooler with stock fans and thermal paste, and an i5 3570K.

Thanks in advance for any handy responses.

A:3570k @ 4.8 GHz with CPU temp of 70c

Just as an update, CPU Temperature is now sitting on 65C after 1 hour of Prime95, although it can sometimes shoot up to 69 or 70C and stay there for a while.

Am I just reading this wrong somehow?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/3570k-4-8-ghz-with-cpu-temp-of-70c.185597/
Relevancy 28.81%

I'm running speed fan and it has a flame beside CPU and AUX. What is AUX? My CPU is Intel i5 2500k.

A:How concerned should I be if CPU temp is 85C?

That dose seem high, You may want to open up the case and get a can of air. To blow out any dust build up. Maybe put some new thermal paste on the cpu and see if this helps. This may be the cause of your freezes . In the thread under Software Apps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-concerned-should-i-be-if-cpu-temp-is-85c.185198/
Relevancy 37.84%

Just installed a new EVGA card This is the card that has GTX Gpu s on it 460 EVGA GTX problems The problem is the PC starts up normally I get one beep and all things start loading fine and I can even hear the windows startup tune Unfortunately I EVGA GTX 460 problems get no video to the monitor I will then hold down the power button and power it down I hit the power EVGA GTX 460 problems button again get the quot Windows did not start up normally quot screen and THEN I am able to get it started and working correctly Now this morning I did all the things I previously did and got quot Startup Recovery quot This ran for a while and then windows came up normally Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated System Asus P Z deluxe mobo evga win gtx dual gpu gb vid mem OCZ Fatality series PSU w Intel Core i k cpu gb Corsair vengeance Ram tb Seagate HDD nbsp

A:EVGA GTX 460 problems

did you upgrade to the latest drivers? If all else fails try updating the BIOS.
if that fails, save yourself the hassle of troubleshooting and RMA the card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-gtx-460-problems.183244/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi,

I recently bought a new custom pc, but kept old 560 Ti in it.
So System what I have now:
850w PSU Corsair;
16gb Kingston Ram 1600Mhz;
3770k i7 Intel Cpu @ 4.7Ghz
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H;
Gigabyte 560 Ti Video card;

There is 2.2 Cm distance between Cards. I would get a 560 Ti in no time if I wouldnt be worried about the heat.

I want to buy a new video card or add another 560 Ti. But Selling my current 560 Ti would be hard here.
I could get a new 560 Ti for 300$ (Hate prices in Latvia(East Europe))
or Gigabyte's Gtx 680 2gb For 740$(Price here)
or Gigabyte's Gtx 670 2gb for 570$(Price Here)
I have a chance getting Evga's 680 FTW 4gb from US but its gonna be only on october 630$ (Price in the US)

Question is, What would you do if you were me?

EDIT: I am using old Monitor - 1440 x 900 Resoulution, Going to buy 1920 x 1080 Soon

A:What should I get? Another 560 Ti or EVGA's 680 FTW?

My opinion based on the fact that you aren't yet capable of gaming at 1080p resolutions is stick with your 560 till October and then get a much cheaper 670 from the US (instead of the FTW). For $630 you're inching pretty close to a pair of 670s @ $800. The rest of your machine would NOT be a bottleneck to a pair of 670s but I'd be willing to bet you would be happy with just 1 of them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-should-i-get-another-560-ti-or-evgas-680-ftw.182920/
Relevancy 37.41%

I recently bought my gtx 570 and love it does everything I want (havent tested very demanding games just yet) and I was wandering is there any game out there that I would have to overclock it

A:Is it worth overclocking my EVGA GTX 570

Well what games do you play? BF3 for example would benefit from an overclock. You should be able to get 800-850Mhz without a voltage tweak.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-it-worth-overclocking-my-evga-gtx-570.181356/
Relevancy 37.41%

This is my first time posting on any forum so please excuse me if I miss some things out I recently got a second hand EVGA GTX gb OC from an online auction site I have a Dell XPS which 460 signal! GTX EVGA no Secondhand -- had a w psu in it I installed the card and attached both pin power cables and I got a single beep no signal and my computer wouldn t boot into the operating system I figured this might Secondhand EVGA GTX 460 -- no signal! be due to my power supply being under the recommended wattage so I bought a Zippy w psu and I m still having the same Secondhand EVGA GTX 460 -- no signal! problem My old card still works fine so no problem with the motherboard I ve tried uninstalling the old gpu drivers and still nothing The error code that my computers lights display translates to quot Other failure quot which Secondhand EVGA GTX 460 -- no signal! according to dell means there is most likely a hardware failure Is this a common problem and is there a solution or am I now the proud owner of a paperweight Thanks in advance Nesh nbsp

A:Secondhand EVGA GTX 460 -- no signal!

Maybe Dell don't allow you to change the graphics card? Maybe you can try the card in a friend's PC.

Btw $230 is very expensive for that card, about twice the market value.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/secondhand-evga-gtx-460-no-signal.176297/
Relevancy 36.98%

I wonder if EVGA had the official 'okey-dokey' before pushing out this little gem. It handily bests the GTX 580 while sporting 2GB 's of memory.(only 1GB per GPU however). In many situations it will give the GTX 590 a run for its money...actually for about $200.00 less. At the same price as the average GTX 580, this card would seem to be ready to cannibalize sales of both the GTX 580, and 590 if it is made widely available. It's seemingly an odd move, but a tremendous card according to the folks over at PC Perspective

From PC Perspective:

the review can be had here at PC Perspective
:http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/EVGA-GeForce-GTX-560-Ti-2Win-2GB-Dual-GPU-Graphics-Card-Review

A:EVGA GTX 560 Ti 2 Win 2GB dual-GPU graphics card

The card more than likely has Nvidia's stamp of approval since at the price point it equals enthusiast territory, and like the dual GTX 460 EVGA launched earlier, I think the card is neutered on being SLI'ed with another of it's kind ( strike one). Nice niche card but...
At $500+ it's also going up against EVGA's own GTX 560Ti DS (with similar cooling) that's clocked faster and would certainly have more OC headroom at the same price point (SLI) (strike two)
Like the dual-GTX460 (and the PowerColor dual HD 6870) I wouldn't think the card would see widespread release. It checks the same boxes as the conventional two card setup ( good price/ perf. relatively cool'n'quiet ..but is still saddled with the 1GB frame buffer and 256-bit bus that makes it less than suitable for Surround/ 3D/ 3D Surround (strike three).

I'm actually surprised that EVGA haven't launched a dual version of their GTX 580 Classified 3GB (just for PR's sake at least) and Nvidia probably would frown upon a GTX 570-2Win, but I'm also guessing that the PCB, extra memory and VRM's would make it prohibitively expensive in any case...so given that those two options are off the table, then a dual GTX 560Ti becomes the de facto choice I suppose.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-gtx-560-ti-2-win-2gb-dual-gpu-graphics-card.172997/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hello, this is my first attempt at addressing this issue, it seems that whenever my GPU is under load (its a Nvidia geforce gt 220 btw) it shoots up past 90 C. im rather sure its not bad airflow since all other parts of my system are running cool, including my cores (quad core) which are at maybe 45C under load.

im not sure what is causing this problem but i have to decide between purchasing extra cooling, or a new card. I was hoping someone could help me with the decision.

Thanks, Brandon

A:Graphics card overheating, ambient case temp: 40C?

also ambient room temp is at 25C

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-overheating-ambient-case-temp-40c.167008/
Relevancy 28.38%

I'm still relatively novice at building, O/Cing, etc. and would appreciate some sage advice.
Board is an MSI 790FX hosting a Phenom 2 550 @ 3.64 (235x15,5) 1.39V on stock air.
Everest Ultimate shows me idle temps as follows:
MB 33c
CPU 29c
GPU 35-37c (5770 vapour x)
Northbridge 63c

After OC I ran Prime 95 for 3 hours, system stayed stable but I wasn't monitoring temps.. yea rookie.

Is my idle Northbridge temp too high? It seems out of proportion to my other temps.
Or... is the Everest sensor accurate? The heatsink isn't overly hot to the touch.

Thanks in advance for any help with this

A:Northbridge temp too high?

If that was under full load then no its not too hot.* They are designed to run at those temps.
Is your x 2 550 a BE? and were you running the HT/NB oc'ed? I would watch the temps if you plan to push it higher. If it still bothers you, you can pick up a after-market NB cooler for $20 and keep it below 50C under load. Its within operating temps but personally I like to keep the NB to 50c or below, but thats just me. You might also try to get a few free degrees out of iy and replace the thermal compound on the NB HS. *****be very careful if you do, you are dealing with a very small chip and it takes very little compound to be effective******

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/northbridge-temp-too-high.163935/
Relevancy 27.95%

I have a ati Radeon HD 4650 AGP card and i have the latest driver but its not reading out the temperature(it always says 0 Celsius). So i was wondering if anyone knows any good programs that tell you your graphics card temperature? I have Everest Home Edition which gives the temperature of my cpu, and motherboard but not my gpu. Any help would be appreciated, thanks

A:Video card temp programs

gpu-z

Try gpu-z. Lightweight utility with all the information you need on your gpu.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-temp-programs.163463/
Relevancy 28.81%

When my computer is booting up, I get this message. I have to press the F1 key to continue booting into Windows. After I do that, everything seems to work fine.

Any idea what might cause this error?

I did just install a bunch of new hardware. I'm still in the process of updating all my device drivers and other software.

By the way, the CPU and motherboard were two components I did NOT replace, and I had no problems with my previous setup.

I will keep updating my software and see if the problem persists, and I will check back here to see if there has been any feedback. Thanks in advance!

A:CPU over temp

Check to see if your cpu fan is starting up from the get go.
go into your bios before you boot into windows and check the temp, and check to see what the CPU temp warning is set at.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-over-temp.162004/
Relevancy 36.12%

ok first off i got this board second hand from my brother he couldnt get it to work at all however he thought it was a video card compatability issue He had a ATI Radeon card and its an NVIDIA chipset on the board Now that ive giving a tiny bit of back ground ill give you the systems specs or atleast the specs itll be once its working and can see things CPU Intel core duo E RAM GB DDR x OCZ REAPER Motherboard As mentioned EVGA NVIDIA i sli GPU GEforce GS PSU Sparkle W gold class TB for storage and a GB + no =( sli output board video Evga 680i Nvidia for the OS Thats whats in my box and the box itself is a Rosewill Evga Nvidia 680i sli board + no video output =( CRUISER So far everything looks like its powers up right and and the HDD spins up it seems like its posting correctly i jus cant get anyvideo out of it Any suggestions would be helpful also keyboards will not work in any usb port and on the mointer it says entering power save mode it detects the cable being there but does not get a signal ive tried multiple keyboards and multiple video cables nbsp

A:Evga Nvidia 680i sli board + no video output =(

sounds like it's just a faulty board... it doesn't matter if you have a single ATI or NVIDIA card, it should work with either

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-nvidia-680i-sli-board-no-video-output.160688/
Relevancy 28.38%

On a new build I have an air cooler ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2. I have an OC of 3.6 on a Phenom 1090. Not much but still an OC. I have several different things to check temp and all of them are saying 36 degrees at idle. They are also measuring all 6 cores and all of those say between 26-27. Is this a good idle temp or should it be less than this?

A:Temp reading question

These are very good Idle temps. I have a phenom II X3 720 OC'd to 3.8 and it runs at around 42-45c load. That is a higher overclock though and I' cranked up the vcore to get as much out of it as I could. You don't need to worry about temperature if it is under 50C. It's been my experience that you can run a CPU at 65C max without killing it. After 50C it really is your choice if you want to take the risk. You have a very good heatsink, though. You have lots of overclocking headroom if your CPU will hold up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/temp-reading-question.159415/
Relevancy 36.12%

I was just curious if the was good card for a low end system? I really only play CS 1.6 and use the net to look up football and movies!! i got 50 dollar gift certifacate to best buy so i thought i would get this video card!!!

1.9ghz athlon xp
1.5 gigs of ram
A-bit nf7 mother board
audigy soundblaster
pny Geforce 256mb video card
500 watt power supply
Windows xp sp3
160 gig WD 7200rpm
40 gig 7200 rpm

That is what im runnning!! I kidna wonder if the 2 gigs of ram im using is making the 256 meg video card lock up my computer!! Not really sure what the deal is though lol!!

A:Evga GeForce 6200 512MB video card

I personally think you'd be better off getting a Geforce 8400GS, or ATi HD4350, or Geforce 210GT for that kind of money. I've no idea which is better of the three, but they're all under 50 bucks.

I would have recommended the HD4670 if it wasn't over 100 bucks, which is shocking given the price I paid for it here in the UK a year ago!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-geforce-6200-512mb-video-card.158980/
Relevancy 36.55%

I have an old computer which I am converting into a media system. It has a EVGA NVIDIA 7800GS card (AGP) which I am connecting a DVI to HDMI cable. Will this support sound through the DVI to HDMI cable or am I stuck with computer speaker sound from the computer audio port?

A:EVGA Nvidia 7800GS - DVI to HDMI sound

no, the sound will not be carried through the DVI connection. if you were using a direct HDMI output on the card it would work (if the sound had audio processing) but only the video will be carried (i.e. DVI does not support sound)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-nvidia-7800gs-dvi-to-hdmi-sound.157563/
Relevancy 37.41%

It's a simple question i have 160? to buy graphic card, the best i can get for that kind of money is either EVGA gtx 460 786 SC or MSI gtx n460 786/5d Cyclone.

Which one is better?
Both cost same, one is 158? other 160?.

Which is quieter?
I can't find accurate info, for EVGA it says max noise 40 db, but at the same time it says it is the quieter of this class. For MSI i found review that says it only produces 31 db at full load.

How does mini-hdmi/dvi to hdmi work?
I saw lots of threads on different forums, where people are reporting problems with sound when they connect gtx 460 to TV to watch movies.

Thnx for help.

A:GF GTX 460 EVGA SuperClock / MSI cyclone

So, i found more information at goru 3d, they tested some of gtx 460 cards and now it is even tougher to decide.

MSI GTX 460 Cyclone OC - The idle noise levels coming from the card are downright silent, in idle you will barely hear the card as we measured 37~38 dBA, which is right below the threshold of noise coming from the PC itself.Click to expand...

eVGA GeForce GTX 460 768MB SuperClocked - Despite the temperatures being a little higher on this card, that does not have an effect on overall sound levels. At its hottest measured point (64 degrees C) the fan RPM had risen towards 45% RPM, and that's still very little. So even this massively overclocked SKU remains absolutely silent.Click to expand...

eVGA is a couple of fps faster than cyclone in most tests, but it doesn't have a voltage raise function if i decide to further oc. Whinch means max overclock is a bit lower compare to Cyclone.

In the end i may just buy the cheapest palin gtx 460 fot 145? and overclok it, i am sure i could oc it to 800mhz core and 4000mhz ram.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gf-gtx-460-evga-superclock-msi-cyclone.157435/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hey guys,
In the past few days my PC was kept shutting down by it self while I am using it, So I posted this topic http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic156534.html
but no one answered anyway, I figured that it would be good if I check my CPU temp and I downloaded nVidia System Monitor and it showed me that my CPU temp is 80C, TBH I paniced!
WTF??
GPU temp is 49C but CPU is 80C I think it is extremely high, do you?
Also is this the correct measurement or it is an error in the software?
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00 GHz
Picture:

A:CPU temp is 80C, measured via Nvidia monitor, is this possible?

It's entirely possible, and 80c is quite enough to shut the system down.

Before you do anything else you should check to make sure the heat sink fan hasn't come off the CPU, that the fan is working, and the fins are clean.

You can get a second opinion about the actual temps from several programs, "Speed Fan", and "SIW", (System Information for Windows). If you decide to use SIW, make sure you download the, ""Freestanding English Version". You don't have to install this version, and it's free. Yuo want this version; "SIW Without Installer (English-Only)", from this page; http://www.gtopala.com/siw-download.html

Plus, sometimes the motherboard's maker has software available for this purpose also.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-temp-is-80c-measured-via-nvidia-monitor-is-this-possible.156582/
Relevancy 28.81%

A little update, i've ran EVGA precision on my graphic card( GTS 250) temp, and sometimes it goes up to 80 + in games. I've tried a Furmark stress test, and it went up to 95 in a short lapse of time, i would say 5-10 mins. ATI tool didnt go that high, i stopped it at 75+. I'm trying to find why my computer restarts randomly during gaming.
Thanks for you help!

A:GTS 250 temp issues

Any idea what the rest of your system specs are? Computer make and model. Power supply wattage. Motherboard make and model. Amount of memory installed. Version of Windows... Get the idea?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gts-250-temp-issues.154935/
Relevancy 37.84%

My EVGA 8800gt is experiencing major issues, so I will be RMAing it shortly. I was wondering which card you think I will get in return? Anyone RMA one recently?

A:Evga 8800gt rma?

Probably a direct replacement.
EVGA will probably tell you what card you'll be getting once you get the RMA ticket.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-8800gt-rma.154954/
Relevancy 27.52%

I own a Core2 Duo E7500 2.93ghz overclocked to 3.2ghz

I recently bought a Rocketfish Universal Cooler and it keeps my overclocked cpu temp at 39 Celsius idle and 55 Celsius under load. I want to know if these temps are normal for a $30 cooler and how much a difference it would make if I were to upgrade the cooler to something like the Coolermaster V8 or the Noctua NH-U9B SE2.
I live in Florida and the house temp is around 78 degrees.

A:Overclocked CPU with aftermarket cooler temp range questions

temps are fine, but if you wanted to test the cooler's limits raise the vcore a bit and monitor the temps via BIOS. when the chip idles in the mid to high 40's (and perhaps into the 50s), try running some CPU intensive applications, then monitor temps again. if the processor climbs into the 60s or 70s on load then i would say that's your limit. you may be able to keep the temps down a little bit with a high-performance thermal compound, but consider that an extra step...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclocked-cpu-with-aftermarket-cooler-temp-range-questions.154685/
Relevancy 28.81%

I have just recently installed a WC system on my PC and I would like to view my GPU temps. I have two GTX 480s in SLI.

Anyone know of some good reliable software?

A:How can I read GPU temp?

Hii infantry,
This program is excellent for temps, I have found it to match the bios temps very well. I would not depend on it for accurate voltage readings.

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

most software that comes with the GPU is very good as well Catalyst, for ATI etc. or the specific card brand. Asus Smartdoctor for example.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-read-gpu-temp.153878/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hey everyone i have some questions about Video card temps etc So I recently was given my good friends gaming desktop as he went away for college a sad day indeed But hell free computer for me So here s the specs -Antec Case -AMD Phenom X quad core Ghz Processor - GB mhz DDR Crucial RAM - GB rpm mb cache Hard Drive -Gigabyte MA GT Motherboard -ATI HD :( noob temp questions Really Radeon GB Video Card -Windows Home Premium -bit - W PSU - x mm blue LED fans x mm non-LED fan x mm non-LED fan So I just don t want to Really noob temp questions :( fry it on him for when he comes back during breaks etc To give you an idea of things I m running I m a big Starcraft II junkie and with this beast of a computer I m hoping to run Final Fantasy So When I am not doing ANYTHING at all the video card temp is at C which from what i have been reading is fine Since FF isn t out yet I can t really fun any tests with that BUT on starcraft II with all high settings on with enemies on the field it s running at C Here is a link to pictures of fans on my PC so you guys can maybe tell me if I have enough or too many By the way i know its very dusty in there I got a lot of already without actually opening the shell because I am afraid too Nevermind it won t let me put in the link D Any insight from anyone would be really helpful to me Thanks so much nbsp

A:Really noob temp questions :(

If I were you I'd try and clean out the dust, but your temps seem pretty much fine. Just to be sure you might want to check your processor temps also.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/really-noob-temp-questions.153852/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi,
My first two builds both have Asus M4A785M boards and they both show consistently higher CPU temps on the BIOS then whichever performance monitoring software I'm using. IE: Everest, HW monitor, PC Probe, Moo0 etc.
I've done some OCing on stock air on both boards and none of my temps are excessive or erratic just reading higher in the BIOS then on the software (3-5C idle, 5-9C load).

Is this unusual? It seems weird to me because the software is reporting from the same sensors as the BIOS... what gives?

A:Discrepancies in temp readings

Whatever readings you are getting, trust the BIOS readings over any software you are using.
Best thing you could probably do is to start the pc up and let it run until the temperature normalises, then boot into the bios and record the reading.
Use that reading and add the offset to your software.

As an example, my thuban in bios might read 25C and when I boot into windows, CoreTemp says 15C. I add 10C to the CoreTemps offset, thus getting the more accurate readout.

Make sure you have the latest bios too .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/discrepancies-in-temp-readings.151786/
Relevancy 28.38%

I had a problem earlier in my cpu that it overheated to 96C, I thaught it was the cause of my computer restarting whenever I start something, but I solved that by installing a new fan, now the computer still restarts after a while.....I dont know what is causing this, I reinstalled windows and it didnt work, now I found out that the GPU temp reaches >70C, is this it?

Intel Pentium 4 3.0
Intel original motherboard 915 GUV
ATI 4300/4500 series 512 MB Graphics Card
2GB Ram DDR2

Thanks/...

A:GPU temp is 70C, does this restart my computer?

the GPU temp is fine, i wish mine would stay that cool

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gpu-temp-is-70c-does-this-restart-my-computer.147828/
Relevancy 28.38%

I am doing some work on a friends computer and I need some help diagnosing what the problem is.

It is a SystemMax computer with a Biostar P4M800-M7A mobo and a pentium d processor.

The power supply unit is ruined and I test it with another from mine. The hard drive is good, RAM is ok, I tested both of them in my computer and they run great.

The computer powers up and gets through the grub loader, I select to start Linux Mint and it either freezes, gives me a "cpu temp threshold" error msg or it gives me a "cannot sync" error.

How can I tell if it is the mobo or cpu? I feel like I have done enough trouble shooting to isolate it to either of those but if anyone has any other ideas they are welcome.

A:CPU temp threshold error

try installing windows or Linux on a spare hdd and see if you still get any errors.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-temp-threshold-error.150786/
Relevancy 27.52%

I am trying to set up the Gamma. So I'm following the instructions of QuickGamma, which say to set the color temperature to 6500k. The problem is that the monitor controls only allow for the following changes:
- Warm white
- Cool white
- Manually adjust intensities for R, G, and B

Thanks guys

DPC

A:How to set color temp w/an Acer x243w monitor?

Warm White adds red...
Cool white adds blue...
Gamma adjusting software can be obtained from Adobe or by using Google. Gamma is a function of the overall brightness of a monitor

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-set-color-temp-w-an-acer-x243w-monitor.146662/
Relevancy 28.38%

Need suggestions for system temp / fan speed monitoring software. Doesn't need to be fancy - just basics - & work.

Special ordered this Pavilion d5200t ATX - didn't come w/ any monitoring util. Was told by HP they didn't have one & AFATK, Intel didn't. If ASUS has one, couldn't find it. Seems odd.

HP support gave this link http://download.famouswhy.com/asus_p5k64_ws_asus_ai_suite_1_02_04/ , which they said "should work." Haven't tried it. Bit leery. Comments?

SYSTEM SPECS:
MB - Asus IPIBL-TX (HP: Burbank-GL8E)
Intel Quad 9400
Intel G33 chipset

If need other specs, let me know. Thanks.

A:Need Temp/fan monitor for my Pavilion

This is my preferred software for temp/voltage/fan readings and monitoring
http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor/versions-history.html

Hope it helps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-temp-fan-monitor-for-my-pavilion.148426/
Relevancy 27.52%

I know this is a little nooby, but idle it's around 35-40C and when I'm just on the internet or editing it's around 50-70C. Under a full load it goes very high around 80-95C.
CPU- Intel Core i7 860 OC'd to 3.94Ghz
Any tips on if it is to high.

Relevancy 28.38%

my computer starts with initial temp 75C, when starting a game or even a small program in reaches 96 and restarts, I changed the termal material between the CPU and the heatsink and made sure the fan is installed tightly, I thaught of underclocking because its cheeper but it didnt decrease the temp significantly. what solutions are there other than water cooling?
these are my computer's specs:

Intel original motherboard 915gux
intel pentium 3.0 Ghz LGA 775 socket
ATI HD 4350 PCI-E
2 GB Ram
2x 250 HDD

Thanx

A:CPU temp reaches 96C and restarts PC

You definitely should not require water cooling on that Pentium. What are the ambient temperatures like? I think that the thermal compund may have not been applied correctly or the contact between HSF and CPU is not sufficient. I hope you did not apply too much TIM. Sometimes that acts as an insulator resulting in very high temps. Remove the HSF and clean off all the residual TIM from it and the CPU. Ensure that nothing falls into the mobo as it could cause a short. Then re-apply the thermal compund and re-assemble it. If it still doesn't help, look to getting a better aftermarket HSF.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-temp-reaches-96c-and-restarts-pc.147342/
Relevancy 28.38%

After failing to boot several times, I discovered that my CPU temp in the BIOS was 108*C, after which the computer shut down. It was caused by one of the heatsink pins coming loose. After I secured the heatsink, the computer booted up and all was well, with an idle CPU temp around 41*C, however, there is a noticeable drop in performance when running games.

Without getting into any technical aspects, I just wanted to know if having the CPU heat up to this temperature (I started it up several times before realizing the problem) would cause damage to the CPU AND/OR the motherboard. I can understand if the CPU has been damaged, but could it also have damaged the mobo?

A:CPU and/or mobo damage after 108*C CPU temp

It can, but doesn't usually... if the temperature rise is brief... No way to know without trying it...

Often the actual temperatures are not close to what your system reports... It can handle 64 to 70 degrees without trouble, and above that it is luck of the draw.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-and-or-mobo-damage-after-108-c-cpu-temp.147215/
Relevancy 35.26%

I just installed a EVGA geforce 8400 gs onto an intel board that does have onboard video. I set the display adapter to PCI-e on the BIOS but when I use the card the screen has a light blue tint to everything and the colors just look really off. I've tried changing the setting with the nvidia control panel but I just can't get a true white at all. When I take the card out and use the onboard video it looks perfect. I've updated the BIOS on the MoBo, the driver for the evga card but nothing works. I'm using windows xp sp2. Any thoughts? Thanks.

A:EVGA GeForce 8400 GS on an Intel D101ggc has a bluish tint and dull

It appears you have answered your own question. If still under warranty, I would find a way to replace it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-geforce-8400-gs-on-an-intel-d101ggc-has-a-bluish-tint-and-dull.138439/
Relevancy 28.38%

I use HWMonitor and right now at idle my CPUTIN is 47c and my core #1 #2 #3 #4 are all at 33c. CPUTIN gets to 65c during BFBC2 gameplay, Core Temps go up to 50c. My question is, which reading do I actually have to worry about?

A:CPUTIN vs Core Temp

I think that CPUTIN is the temperature you should be concentrating on and not the individual core temperatures. 65C is pretty high even on load. What are your system specs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cputin-vs-core-temp.145709/
Relevancy 28.38%

I have recently put together a new rig and it seems to be running nicely However I occasionally get a heat spike to exactly C that is being reported by Asus PC Probe II This has happened times since the build The system runs really quiet even after playing some heavy duty games on it At idle the mobo temp is C and the CPU is C CPU fan idle is about rpm and the PSU fan shows rpm Chassis fan rpm shows rpm temp CPU Quirky problem but is running System Quirky CPU temp problem details are E Core Duo Ghz with Stock Fan Asus p e Pro MB with x chipset Gb Gskill DDR Ram Antec w PSU Nvidia GT mb memory One other thing first time I powered up the system i got a spark that I wasnt sure where it came from but Quirky CPU temp problem the system still came up with no problems I shut down and moved the plugs that were not being used further away from the PSU because I suspected one of them arced juice back to the PSU Turned the system back on and had no problem with that again All plugs are tied down with wire ties nbsp

A:Quirky CPU temp problem

CPU at 39C is fine. When exactly do you get the spike to 100C? If this persists I suggest that you reapply the TIM on the CPU and fit the HSF properly after cleaning.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/quirky-cpu-temp-problem.145102/
Relevancy 28.38%

I have 2 temp monitoring programs on my pc and they both say my mobo is at 84c. I only have 2 fans but I opened my case and put a large house fan right in front of it and turned it on.......no change. It will also read at that temp when it is off all night and I check right after I turn it on..........any suggestions?

A:Worried about mobo temp

To verify what the software is stating, check the temps in the actual system BIOS before the computer loads the OS, during POST. The mobo temp is typically read from the northbridge on the motherboard which controls RAM, video, and CPU. Some chipsets run hotter than others but 80+ temps isn't normal for anything I'd say; you def want to check it out.

There is usually a heat sink placed on the northbridge in which you may be able to reseat if you pull the motherboard out. Perhaps applying new thermal compound and reseating the sink will provide better temps. If you are overclocking the motherboard, you may need to reset the settings to default so that the NB voltage is within factory spec.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/worried-about-mobo-temp.145016/
Relevancy 28.81%

My 2 year old gaming pc, seems to have a cpu temp issue, ever since I put it together.

I have a intel core 2 duo - 6320 that is 1.86 GHz stock.

With Evga 680i sli tr motherboard.

I also dumped the stock cooling for a zalman fan.

It seems like my cpu idles anywhere from 35 - 40 C. When I just tried overclocking from 1.8 to 2.8 i noticed the cpu was jumping to about 70 - 76 C, on 100 percent load.

The only thing I can think of is my problem when I put thermal paste on. I can never seem to do it right. Does anybody have any tips? On how to cool this thing down.

A:Help cooling down cpu temp

idle temps are fine... i would try some Arctic Silver 5, Tuniq TX-2 or OCZ FreeZe compound. The Zalman grease (if that's what you ended up using) is okay but I've had better overclock temps using other solutions. The cooler itself should be fine just check that the fan is spinning at the correct speed under load.

if you're having trouble applying the thermal, take a look at this: http://www.arcticsilver.com/ins_route_step2intelas5.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-cooling-down-cpu-temp.144926/
Relevancy 28.38%

my motherboard temp 80 and above degree C

my motherboard intel DG 31 PR

my processor temp: 30 intel duo2 core 2.8 model:7400
ram: 2
first: ddr2 2giga
2nd:ddr2 2giga

iuse pci skystar 2 satellite card

and graphic card : nividia 9400 1 giga

and iuse 2 chassis fans

what is problem?

A:Problem: motherboard temp above 80 c

drpc2007 said:

what is problem?Click to expand...

um, heat. lol

it's most-likely the northbridge chipset, so i would recommend cleaning out the tower and perhaps even installing a different northbridge cooler w/ fan. case fans may help with ambient temps inside the chassis, but a nb cooler would certainly help the chipset directly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-motherboard-temp-above-80-c.144057/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi guys. I have an Asus P5GC-MX Motherboard. Everytime I scan my system with an antivirus/antispyware software, the CPU temperature shoots up to 60 - 65 degrees Centigrade and the system runs quite loud. Is that normal?

A:CPU Temp Shooting Up

Your CPU fan is not very good. You should buy a better fan.
It is normal for CPU temps to go up under load, but the temp usually is lower and there is less noise when you have a good fan/cooling system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-temp-shooting-up.143512/
Relevancy 28.38%

Im playing the new AvP game on my pc with everything maxed out at res 1920*1080, cool game not even any slow down, but my XFI GTX 275 897Mb is reaching temps of 86c and thats with the fan set with EVGA presision to 95%. Can anyone advise if this temp is a bit extreem? What is the thermal threshold of this card? Am i in any danger of damaging/melting the card?

A:GTX275 Temp issue

The threshold temperature should be much over 86C. However, the XFX GTX 275 is expected to run at about 75C or lower on load. What case do you have? Is there sufficient airflow?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gtx275-temp-issue.143129/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi guys after quite a bit of trouble with choosing comparing etc my next graphic card I decided to go with GeForce GTX mainly because it seems a bit better than radeon HD and even though it doesnt have dx as radeon has it has PhysX which is an advatage since newer games will focus on dx and not but anyway I m now stuck on choosing the quot type quot of this Zotac, gigabite type EVGA, GTX GeForce OC...) 260 (TOP, graphic I sort of eliminated the basic one because I dont really care about say - bucks for better performance and decided to go with ASUS TOP version but than I saw this Gigabite OC version and really can t tell which one is better they re almost the same price or if there is better type here are the types I came across on my GeForce GTX 260 type (TOP, Zotac, EVGA, gigabite OC...) shop website with prices in USD -GigaByte GTX SO GV -N SO - I MB PCI -E - -GigaByte GTX OC GV-N OC- I MB PCI-E - -Zotac GTX Synergy ZT-X E KG-FDR MB PCI-E - -Asus ENGTX Glacia tor Plus HTDI MD MB GeForce GTX 260 type (TOP, Zotac, EVGA, gigabite OC...) PCI -EAsus ENGTX Glacia tor Plus HTDI MD MB PCI -E - -Gainward -Bliss GTX Golden Sample MB PCI -E - - Zotac GeForce GTX GS AMP Editio n ZT -X E KG -FCP MB - - ASUS ENGTX TOP HTDI M from asus store http www asus com product aspx P ID wFbgFmfX Zo exlV amp templete - and many other types mainly Gigabite Zotac EVGA here is the link site is in my native tongue czech but you will be able to clearly understand the types and prices they have USD - czech crown http www czechcomputer cz fulltext jsp query GTX amp type stockitem what I m looking for is obviosly the best-go best performance and I would like it to eventualy be able to go crossfire when I upgrade my motherboard And I would like to ask if it would be compatible with my PC here are current specs Motherboard - ASUS M A Graphic interface - ATI Radeon HD Graphics Memory - mb dual CPU -AMD Athlon X CPU Speed - overclock from bus speed MHz Power Supply Make Model - Watt output Amperage - not important since I obviously need a new one for this graphic card OS Windows XP Prof bit thanks for any hints and help nbsp

A:GeForce GTX 260 type (TOP, Zotac, EVGA, gigabite OC...)

The Gigabyte GV?-N26SO?-896I? (Super overclock ) version is the best performer of the bunch. It is on par with the GTX 275 in performance and comes with the standard Gigabyte three year warranty.
Review here http://www.bjorn3d.com/read.php?cID=1686

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-gtx-260-type-top-zotac-evga-gigabite-oc.141780/
Relevancy 37.84%

My Gtx crapped out so I called EVGA to get eVGA over Fuming a replacement After tests a stool sample and a promise to give up my first born child they agreed to replace my card I shipped my card off to them and about days later I get an email telling me that they will not replace the card because when they looked at my card it had a tiny Fuming over eVGA i mean tiny chip at the very edge of the card They said that this damage is Fuming over eVGA a total loss to the card and they will not replace it The chip touches nothing not the circuitry at all and is so smal that you can barely see it My wife unfortunately did not ensure the shipping of my card so Im out of luck EVGA knew the card was bad IE the RMA they gave me before i shipped it off Anyone else have the crappy customer support from them or am I one of the goats running out to slaughter nbsp

A:Fuming over eVGA

When I RMA'd my video card EVGA responded very quickly. They gave me an RMA number just a few hours after I requested an RMA, and I got my new card just under two weeks after I shipped it to them. My card did not have any damage like a chip out of the edge though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fuming-over-evga.136771/
Relevancy 28.38%

From the last few days my pc shutdown automatically.I had checked ram which is working.
udated my bios to latest version.
But same problem
then i enable system fan fail warning...
It gives me a continuous beep
And today when i see my pc health status cpu temp is 127..After going on windows i had installed software speed fan 4.35 it also shows temp 3 (127 degree) while temp1 & temp2 is under 45
while software like everest,realtemp showing normal temp
what should i do...

config:
intel dual core E2140 1.6ghz
gigabyte GA G31M S2L
1gb 800mhz transcend
400w iball PSU

A:Urgent help temp 127 degree

Tell us more about your monitoring software... and your cooling fans... along with case fan and case size.

First thing I would do is replace the power supply with one of more wattage and a reputation ands specs that show more constant output...

Then I would be certain I have cleaned the CPU and re-applied the thermal paste to be certain it is as thin as possible while still providing contact... as the common mistake is having to much. Too much acts as an insulator rather than a heat transfer tool.

Then I would replace the fan most likely to be ineffective.

I trust Everest and Realtemp, but I worry about your sensors.

Much more info might be helpful.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/urgent-help-temp-127-degree.134251/
Relevancy 28.81%

I have just installed a new XFX GTX275 and was wondering what the operational temperature should be Realtemp 3.0 and Riva show 50-52c idle and 55-95c underload. Are these temps ok? My specs E8500, ASUS P5N32-E SLI, XFX GTX275, 4Gb DDR2 667Mhz, Artic Frezzer Pro 7, Corsair TX650W, Antec 900 with 4 200mm fans.

A:Temp Question

Yes the temps are fine...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/temp-question.132083/
Relevancy 28.38%

Setup MSI -C Mobo Thermaltake Extreme Spirit II with small neoprene rubber washers as balance for contact AMD Phenom II X w stock cooler Diamon help control Need on Northbridge Temp ATI Need help on Northbridge Temp control Radeon Corsair CMX DDR gigs Windows XP SP WesternD HD Thermaltake w PSU Cheapy Apevia computer case w antec mm fans for intake and antec mm exhaust So i ve been researching and people have their Need help on Northbridge Temp control Northbridge temperature at like c- c- degrees on idle and c on full load That s not reality for me though haha My Northbridge goes from c idle to c on full load And thats with the Thermaltake Extreme Spirit II Northbridge cooler installed I made sure that the cooler comes in contact w the thermal paste on the chipset so I can t determine the problem myself I know for sure after I post this thread though i m going to further tighten the cooler just a tad bit to see if that helps I hope you guys can give me some insight on how to lower my Northbridge temperatures I don t know if this is important information but the CPU runs around the same temperature as the NB and sometimes even more to about the c range Please help me guys nbsp

Relevancy 36.55%

Hi guys I just needed some advice as to whether this plan will come to fruition I have an ASUS EN GTS MB DDR that burnt out started seeing horizontal spots all over the screen and win -bit won t boot because of it Hence I have decided I will be getting a higher end video card to replace GTX260 core216 OC Planning GeForce buy to EVGA my year old GTS that I had paid CAD for Also I had modded the card with a Duorb VGA cooler about a month ago The new cards I have been looking at seem very power hungry and that is why the GTX core OC seems interesting I humbly require your expert opinions to help me decide if this thing will work with my rig or not And what alternatives can i go for Please note that I am not restricted to NVIDIA I am flexible for ATI Planning to buy EVGA GeForce GTX260 core216 OC s as well My rig specs are as follows Motherboard with only one PCIe x slot AMD Planning to buy EVGA GeForce GTX260 core216 OC Athlon x GHz AM socket modded w mm TR fan from Tt GB DDR RAM MHz W Antec PSU SLI ready NZXT Zero Case with x mm case fans LED SATA HDD one of them is a GB Hitachi rpm other is Seagate GB Windows RC -Bit Your thoughts are MOST welcome nbsp

A:Planning to buy EVGA GeForce GTX260 core216 OC

That card is a good choice. I'd go for a better psu with that thing, you'd barely make it.

On the other hand look into a 4890 1gb, it does beat out the 260 in some benchmarks and is a bit cheaper.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/planning-to-buy-evga-geforce-gtx260-core216-oc.131128/
Relevancy 27.95%

So I just built a new system for myself and I have been running prime95 to test out some overclock settings and using speedfan to watch my temps. Occasionally when I come to check on it, Speedfan is toggling in-between two different temps for 'system' and 'cpu'. IE, cpu will show the (real) temp of 63 C, and system will have its real temp, then a few seconds later they will both switch to bogus negative numbers (of a different value), then switch back a few seconds later. This goes on forever until I open a menu in speedfan or restart it.

Has anyone ever heard of this happening?

The system in question is an i7 920 on an asus p6t.

A:Temp readings toggling in speedfan?

I have never heard of this happening before, i would not worry though. blame it on speedfan and try a diffrent temp monitor.

The old pentium 4 thats been running for years in my bedroom reads a core temp of -136 degrees in speedfan..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/temp-readings-toggling-in-speedfan.130451/
Relevancy 36.98%

Like the name says i have an EVGA nVIDIA 9400 GT 1 gig video card, 2.8 dual core processor, 3 gigs of ram, runnin xp, wondering if i can tweak it to improve performance for both call of duty 4 and battlefield 2.. anything else you need to know about my computer just let me know i'll be sure to post it here .. thx in advance

A:Help with tweaking eVGA Nvidia 9400 GT

Try downloading Nvidias "NTUNE" software amd use it to increase your video performance

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-tweaking-evga-nvidia-9400-gt.129251/
Relevancy 28.81%

Can anyone help please, my GFX card(ASUS EN9600GT 512Mb DDR3) is in my opinion running at an alarming temperature. Idles at 55-60c and under extreem load can reach 80-105c! I have removed, cleaned and reseated the gpu heat-sinc with some new thermal paste. Asus Smartdoc and Realtemp 3.1 are still reporting the same temperatures. I have contacted ASUS Support and have been informend by a member of there team that this card max operating temp is around 100c. Can anyone confirm this? Will these temps fry my GPU of worse still melt the PCI-E port of my main board(ASUS P5N32-E)?

A:Temp Issue

What are you using to measure the graphic cards temps? Are you having issues like freezing or other problems with your computer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/temp-issue.128855/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hey,

I'm just looking at new fan controller with temp sensor. Another one i had was of lower quality but there was a real difference between the CPU temperature on the controller and that in Everest.

So the question is were exactly is the best place to put the CPU sensor. Ive heard its bad to put it in the heat sink of the CPU cooler so were is a good place.

I know you'll say they are just not very reliable but i would like to make it as reliable as possible.

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fan-controller-cpu-temp-sensor.128499/
Relevancy 28.81%

Can anyone help my GFX card(EN9600GT) seems to be running at alarming temperatures, idle at 60-61c and can reach 90-105c while under load(playing latest games). I have removed the card at cleaned as much dirt/dust(not much there to begin with) as i can without removing the metal housing surounding the fan. This has done nothing to reduce the temps. I know the temps are ture because Realtemp 3.0 and ASUS Smartdoctor are reporting the same temp. Does anyone have any ideas regaring this issue? My specs E8500 3.16Ghz, ASUS P5N32E-SLI, 4Gb DDR2 667Mhz, ASUS EN9600GT 512Mb DDR3, 570W Trust PSU, Artic Frezzer Pro 7 fan.

A:Temp Issues

How's the air flow in your case. Adequate? Do you know at what speed the fan is spinning? Or if it is at all.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/temp-issues.128089/
Relevancy 27.52%

hello everyone. i just built a new pc and installed the intel 2 core quad core q8200 cpu using the heatsink that came with the cpu. as i observed in everest (version 4.50.1330) always on of the 4 cores works on a highly lower temperature as can be seen in the attached pic. the core which works in lower temperatures is random (yesterday was core 2, today core 4, and a couple of days ago core 1). does this sound reasonable? thanx for ur help in advance!!

A:Q8200 CPU individual core temp issue

I would completely ignore these readings... They maybe meaningless. In fact, I'm sure they are

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/q8200-cpu-individual-core-temp-issue.127179/
Relevancy 28.81%

Temp readings I get from Easytune are 41C system and 34C for cpu at idle. Pretty sure the cpu temp is okay but the system temp seems high. I've got 3 120mm fans, one front intake & 2 exhaust plus one 80mm exhaust at top of case (Coolermaster full tower). All fans running at 100%. PSU is at the bottom and exhausting thru bottom grill and is cool to the touch. Can anyone enlighten me?
Thanks.

A:System/cpu temp?

Have you tried another temperature utility? With your fans you should be getting excellent airflow. Is your video card overclocked? Overclocked RAM?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-cpu-temp.126506/
Relevancy 28.38%

I ran some stress tests (Prime95) on my newly overclocked E7400 at 4074 MHz and 1.48v, and after about 9 hours of testing the CPU was perfectly stable, but the core temperature as listed by coretemp was 76C. That seems rather hot for a CPU core. So that leads me to ask: What is the highest safe temperature for an E7400?

A:Max safe temp for E7400

Maximum case temperature at the maximum Thermal Design Power (TDP) value: 74.1C
From here: http://processorfinder.intel.com/details.aspx?sSpec=SLB9Y#

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/max-safe-temp-for-e7400.125480/
Relevancy 28.81%

my AMD Athlon 64 x2 3800 is overclock by 10% and runing at 80%. the temp is 55c is it to high. and at idle its 33c I got a coolmax fan for it runing at 2100rpm. Is my temp to high???

A:Temp for AMD 64 3800

It says here that your Max temp is: 71C
http://www.amdcompare.com/us-en/desktop/details.aspx?opn=ADA3800DAA5BV

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/temp-for-amd-64-3800.125490/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi there havent posted here in a long while but i got a problem Ive had an AMD Socket for a few years now but it recently started rebooting all the time So I checked out the temps and found CPU at idle seems to tail off towards under load MB at idle seems to stabilise at CHIP at idle hits just before reboot under load This CHIP temp always used to be around - degrees whenever i checked it in the past so im wondering whether its the temperature difference between the CPU core and the integrated heat spreader where the CPU sensor maybe is so the CPU might have detached partially from the chip 939 socket AMD temp? spreader if so then i guess i should try removing the spreader could destroy the chip but ive got nothing to AMD socket 939 chip temp? lose or does anyone know what this CHIP temp is I have a reasonably large CPU cooler which doesnt seem to warm up as much as in the past nbsp

A:AMD socket 939 chip temp?

Ive done some more research and most people regard this 'CHIP' sensor as the ambient (case) temperature.

But my case is currently lying open on the floor AND has a 120mm fan in the front, so is my motherboard duff???

btw: Mobo is MSI K8N Neo4F Platinum

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-socket-939-chip-temp.122935/
Relevancy 28.81%

I just bought and installed a complete computer ( Asus P5Q with a Intel Core2Quad Q9550 2.83ghz).

I just booted up the computer and the CPU temperature in the BIOS is 99 celsius.

I didn't add any temperature paste on the CPU since there already was some paste on the heatsink but I had some problem to insert correcly the heatsink on the board.

Do you have any ideas of what could be the problem?
Do you think I should add more temperature paste on the CPU?

I will remove and put the heatsink back tomorrow as soon as I can.

A:CPU Temp at 99 celsius

It may be a defective motherboard... 99C would melt through the board. It wouldn't hurt to clean off all the thermal paste and apply a clean thin layer of fresh paste

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-temp-at-99-celsius.122666/
Relevancy 36.55%

Evga just released their GPU post Evga GPU results your Tuner, Voltage voltage tuner exclusively for GTX and cards and now a patch has been released allowing higher unsafe voltages and foreign cards google it So I thought there should be a thread for people to post their results with overvolting Provide essential information if you can some are not too important Your card a brand and or any factory overclocks Any prior overvolting via hardworking or BIOS Stable clock speeds prior to overvolting Stable clock speeds after overvolting Amount of overvolting ex mw - gt mw Temperatures from a reliable source I hear GPU-z is good Evga Precision seems concurrent Graphics card Evga GPU Voltage Tuner, post your results and case cooling ex Stock fan at fan speed and one mm HDD fan with cfm Method for testing stability I just run the Crysis Benchmark GPU demo for a while Driver version for simplicity and convenience you can just say latest if thats what you have Motherboard if that matters I don t really know Any other relent data If your card still works v can be fatal Stay safe don t push your voltage too far the patch removes the safety limitations Evga put on if you have any recommendations or other comments post those too nbsp

A:Evga GPU Voltage Tuner, post your results

I will post my own results as soon as i have time...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-gpu-voltage-tuner-post-your-results.121874/
Relevancy 28.81%

My ASUS EN9600GT 512Mb graphics card is averaging 85-90c(SpeedFan 4.37 reading) under full load(Playing latest games). This seems very high to me. Is this normal, does this card get as hot as this? Is this safe?

A:GPU Temp

SpeedFan is very unreliable. Use nTune and RivaTuner for more accurate results.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gpu-temp.121093/
Relevancy 36.12%

This is my system MB:
* MB manufacturer name: ASUS A7V8X-LA
* HP/Compaq name: Kamet2-GL6E

Compaq Presario S6500NX
Video: VIA SG3 Unichrome IGP 64MB Max
Processor: AMD Athlon XP 3000+ 2.2GHz
and 512MB Of RAM

I am buying a EVGA e-GeForce 6800XT W Fan 128MB PCI-Express 128-P2-N367-TX video card(unless someone recommends another) An want to know how to install it, and what I'll need to install it(BTW I am upgrading to 1.5GB's of RAM and a 400W PS before I buy this)

A:Help with installing EVGA GeForce 6800XT on a Compaq S6500NX

It should not be too much of a problem to install the new video card. You just open the case and install the card in the AGP slot on the motherboard. The card should be autodetected on boot up

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-installing-evga-geforce-6800xt-on-a-compaq-s6500nx.98337/
Relevancy 28.81%

My Nvidia Geforce 8500 GT is running at over 60 degrees hot, according to Everest, is this an OK temperature, or am I slowly frying my gpu?, if so, what sort of suggestions do people have for a replacement card, at around the 50 - 60 mark?

A:GPU temp

60 degrees is a perfectly fine temp, my gfx card ran at 94 degrees and that was completely fine, nvidia cards are ratted to run at 100 degrees c so ur fine mate

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gpu-temp.115803/
Relevancy 28.81%

I have an XFX 8800 GS, AMD Phenom quad core processor, 720g Sea gate hdd, and stock HP case with side air vents. I have an air intake fan, exhaust fan, and cooling fan. When idling I run about 30C, when under minor usage I run about 36C, and while playing a game like World of Warcraft im running about 46-50C. I read the thread telling me the laws before I post, but I was wondering if this is an acceptable temp for MY specs? Also anything I could do to get it even lower, placement of fans, more fans, etc?

Relevancy 36.98%

Well, i finally decided on my new gaming rigged but i need to know if anybody knows if there is a good heatsink out there that fits my motherboard link

and also the case link

i'm not sure if you need to PSU cause sometimes i read about people heatsink taking up the motherboard space. here is my PSU link

now i know how the motherboard is crap cause it's just like a 680 but since i'm getting the GTX260 216 core, the combo deal from newegg pretty much lowered the cost of a nice motherboard to an affordable price.

A:Heatsink that fits evga 780i

What did you find out?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/heatsink-that-fits-evga-780i.114132/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi all,
i just replaced my single core amd 3400+ with a duel core x2 4200+ and loving the creamy goodness of multi core computing, anyway does anyone have any recommendations for a monitoring software? I have speedfan,HWMonitor(by cpuid) and sandra. im getting quit the range of readings. secondly and probably a stupid question, but do the amd X2's run hotter than the athlon 64 single cores? when I replaced the single core i also changed from the stock HS and fan to a Zalman cnps 7000cu and its still a couple of degrees warmer. any input would be appreciated-

Thanks

A:Any recommendations for temp monitoring?

Read here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?t=98948
There are some issues with Temp reporting
I don't believe you could ever get it truly accurate, unless you attach a temp gauge to the underneath of the CPU Heatsink

Another read: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic13759.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-recommendations-for-temp-monitoring.113316/
Relevancy 36.98%

Ok Problem GeForce 9600 GSO eVGA I got a new graphics card today It s a eVGA GeForce 9600 GSO Problem EVGA GeForce GSO So eVGA GeForce 9600 GSO Problem I grounded my self unplugged everything the usual stuff Installed my card made sure it was all the way seated but didn t plug in the power supply because I need an eVGA GeForce 9600 GSO Problem adaptor So Question is the power just for the fan ON the card or for the fan AND the card I turned back on my computer and it put out this loud constant beeping sound and nothing showed up on the screen In the manual for the GeForce under Quick Fixes it says quot Problem At boot-up all you hear is a series of beeps from the computer but see no screen at all Cause The beep sounds are warning sound from the motherboard BIOS that says that it cannon initialize the video card This can mean on of three things The card is not seated correctly Well I made sure it was seated There is a problem with the motherboard s video card slot It s a brand new computer I don t think the motherboard is crap already There is a problem with the video card Well its a brand new card too so I don t think it s that either Solution Remove the card from the computer and reinsert it making sure that the card is seated properly in the slot Then try to boot the computer again If this does tnot work then the problem is either with the motherboard or the video card and you should contact your hardware manufacturer So Question arises What could the problem be Also Question Where can I get an adaptor to adapt my pin power on my card to my SATA power supply cables I would post a link but it says I need posts nbsp

A:eVGA GeForce 9600 GSO Problem

It needs that power connection, usually there is a cable that comes with that card that you can attach one end (2x 4 pins) to the PSU and the other 6-pin to the graphic card.

It might just need that power.

If it still doesn't work, even if you think it is seated perfect take it out and put it back in.

You know it seems unlikely but I just bought a 9600 GT yesterday and put it in. I had the exact same problem. Power was connected, it was in just fine and yet no signal.

I took it out and made sure there was no dust and that it was in there correctly when I put it back in and It is working fine for me now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-geforce-9600-gso-problem.112916/
Relevancy 37.41%

Yes it is a budget card But for the price it is still an awesome card http www nvidia com object geforce html First the cons Setting up D settings through the Nvidia control panel while easy was a mistake I have set 8400GS EVGA eGeForce it up to run at almost the best possible settings leaving almost nothing to run as per application settings Run into issues immediately Playing BF with in-game settings at a medium the game would crash about every hour Same was for the Chronicles of Riddick game The stock cooling is useless Card very often heats up to degrees The multi-display settings in the driver a hard to figure out EVGA eGeForce 8400GS EVGA website does not even display the card anymore and it wasn t very easy to find it there The pros Very good with video processing I run Various Adobe graphics and video programs and none of them have any issues When I finally adjusted the settings in the control panel to let each program decide the quality for itself the card performed great Overall i would have to say that if You like me have a low budget but do want shader and DX compatibility this is the card for You I have yet to test it on Vista nbsp

A:EVGA eGeForce 8400GS

detoam said:

Yes it is a budget card. But for the price it is still an awesome card. http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce_8400.html
First the cons:
The stock cooling is useless. Card very often heats up to 58 degrees.Click to expand...

58 degrees Centigrade is not very hot for a GPU.

detoam said:

The multi-display settings in the driver a hard to figure out.Click to expand...

Yes, to a degree, but Nvidia has included every setting you might think you need but it does require a bit of digging and patience.

detoam said:

EVGA website does not even display the card anymore and it wasn't very easy to find it there.Click to expand...

Well, true enough, but this is true of most manufacturers sites now. They try lead you right to the 8800GT cards right from the jump. I suppose they figure that's what everybody's looking for at the moment.

detoam said:

Overall i would have to say that if You (like me) have a low budget, but do want shader 4 and DX10 compatibility this is the card for You.Click to expand...

I didn't take the time to check this out, but I believe the GT8400 also is HDCP compatible as well.
If you aren't trying to establish yourself as a legend in gaming circles this could be the graphics card for you, as it adds dual monitor and High def capability to the average computer with onboard graphics.

I would also suggest that people check out this GT8500 from Biostar: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814141065 this card is a steal ($35.00) after MIR. It has 512MB of GDDR2 of it's own (doesn't use any system RAM), and is 128 bit access. I believe the 8400s are 64 bit, but keep in mind I don't know if that is really a downside when you consider the likely uses of either of these cards. They both should do a bang up job of driving your flat screen TV and monitor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-egeforce-8400gs.111880/
Relevancy 28.81%

my video card(XFX 8600GT) ideal temp is 57'C , is that ok.

System spec-
CPU - Intel C2D 2.20 GHz (E4500)
BOARD - Intel DG33FB
SMPS - Odyssey 450 watt
DRIVE - SONY Optiarc DVD RW AD-7190A
HDD - ST3802110A (80 GB) - 7200 rpm
Video - XFX 8600gt 512 MB: DDR3
RAM - Simmtronics DDR2-667 Mhz
-(PC-5300) Hyundai 2 GB DDR2-667 DDR2DRAM (5-5-5-15 @ 333 MHz)
(4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz) (3-3-3-9 @ 200 MHz)

A:Ideal GPU temp

That temp for your GPU is Ok.

The GPU can run about 20c hotter than the CPU safely.
If the CPU is less than 50c Idle and no more than 65c under load then that is within Normal Temps
If GPU is less than around 65-70c Idle and no more than 80-85c under load then that is within Normal Temps as well.

Hopefully that will answer your Question.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ideal-gpu-temp.111007/
Relevancy 28.81%

Really Concerned - CPU Temp Question Ok just recently my computer started acting up Anytime I do anything like running virus scan defrag etc My fans are constantly running at and the cpu temp is around - c and when it is idling it is around - c Speed fan has an alarm for my temps and its as follows --IDLING-- Temp - - c Has an alarm Temp - - c Says it needs to be lower Temp - - c Says it needs to be lower Core - - cc has an alarm I Another Question Temp. CPU am pretty sure this is bad and I wanna know if it could be bios settings or hardware Im running a Another CPU Temp. Question AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor MHz Another CPU Temp. Question Im just really concerned cause if it is hardware I do have a Another CPU Temp. Question warranty and can take it in I can never finish a virus scan because it always shutsdown about halfway through the scan I hate to ask about temp questions like alot of others I just need help What would be the best suggestion to help cool my PC Thanks Rocky nbsp

A:Another CPU Temp. Question

did you build the computer your self

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/another-cpu-temp-question.110428/
Relevancy 28.38%

my cpu is at 28-32 and system is at 40. is 40 a safe temperature for a mobo??

A:is 40*C a safe system temp?

Have a good read of this - http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic13759.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-40-c-a-safe-system-temp.62304/
Relevancy 28.38%

I seem to be getting 3 different temperature readings for my CPU(E8500 3.16Ghz). PCProbe 2 reports CPU temps of 70-80c, CoreTemp reports 56c and Real Temp reports 46c. If the first readings(70-80c) were correct i think the CPU would fry or at least blue screen the system. Can anyone out there explain why this is ocuring? Or a Temperature monitoring tool/utility that will report more realistic values? My specs E8500 3.16Ghz, P5N32-E SLI, EN9600GT, 2Gb DDR2, 570w PSU, Vista Ultimate.

A:Correct Temp Reporting

Unless you are having computer problems like you mentioned, freezing, blue screens or shutdowns, temp readings are not critical. Temp sensors on motherboards are notorius for being less than accurate. Even if you used a good thermocouple to measure the temps, it would depend on where you placed the probe to get the most accurate temp. For a CPU the best place for the probe tip would be between the CPU heatsink and the CPU die... As you can imagine, this is not practical

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/correct-temp-reporting.109488/
Relevancy 28.81%

Now I know the CPU shouldn't really exced 60C but what about a GPU?
Mine runs at about 55C to 70C (70 when playing games) but when not doing anything its about 60C

So what should the Temp of a GPU be?

A:GPU Temp

Technically i believe the GPU can be a bit higher than what the CPU runs at.
CPU's have a threshold of about 100C forcing an automatic shut down, Graphics cards have them about 20C higher than that
At 70 under load that is bordering quite Hot but ok, as long as it doesn't hit 80C and over at that temp it could start causing damage.
The same with a CPU over 60C and that could start causing damage.

Which Graphics Card do you have?
Normally a Idle temp around 50-60C is what is normally seen and around 70-80C when under load for GPU's, Because this is only a rough estimate on GPU's yours may be different

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gpu-temp.109417/
Relevancy 37.84%

Ok quick question, are the GeForce 8800GTS Superclocked compatible w/ a Win2k OS?

A:Evga 8800gts

I believe that if your GPU is compatible with your P.C., you should be able to run any Windows.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-8800gts.91967/
Relevancy 36.98%

Im new at bios stuff and i want to know stepby step how to flash or update my bios. I dont have a floppy drive, and I dont wanna use a disc. can any one help me?

A:Bios update EVGA 590 SLI or the Foxconn one

Well you've obviously been to the evga site already and didn't like the options you were given, so please let me write you a nice little BIOS firmware update program. It'll take a few hundred hours of learning and continuous testing, but if you don't want to burn a disk then I feel I have no other choice. :rolleyes:

So what is the real problem? What don't you have or know what to do?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-update-evga-590-sli-or-the-foxconn-one.97211/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi all long time no see I was at work this morning when I noticed a product sitting on the counter n ow this isn t uncommon as there is often product laying around before the store opens it s my job to put it all away Anyways this particular product was an EVGA USB-VGA Adapter I took a closer look at it question USB just VGA Adapter, a EVGA little and it appears that what it does is allow people that don t have secondary monitor outputs to use an open USB port to achieve the same effect Now I do have DVI ports on my computer and monitors but my question is not related to that it s this would I EVGA USB VGA Adapter, just a little question be able to reverse the flow meaning instead of going from the computer through USB to the monitor could I go from something outputting a VGA signal and put it into the computer Here is the product on Circuit City s where I work website http www circuitcity com ssm eVGA catOid - rpem ccd productDetail do I ve been looking for a way to record in at high def even p from my Xbox I have the VGA adapter for the Xbox and I would like to look into getting this if I could plug my s VGA output into this and record it through some app for the computer Maybe FRAPS or some screen recording software If anyone knows anything about this product or can use deductive reasoning I can t to save my life on things like this to figure out whether I could use this for this purpose I would be grateful indeed this might be just what I m looking for Thank you in advance nbsp

A:EVGA USB VGA Adapter, just a little question

This can't be THAT tricky of a question, someone has to know. Please help me out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-usb-vga-adapter-just-a-little-question.107069/
Relevancy 27.95%

When I first got my Radeon 3850, the temp was around 39 c at idle at 50% fan speed. Now, after regularly cleaning dust from it, it averages 55 c at idle at 60% fan speed. Normally this won't bother me much, except that for some reason my computer auto shuts down when temps reach 70c, which is especially annoying while gaming. Would you guys know the solution to this problem?

A:Problem with higher temp of comp

I think the auto shut down is only for the CPU.

As for solving the problem... depends on how you caused the problem. Is it possible that more dust went into the HSF unit, and caused some clogging? I know this might be a little hard to get rid of...

Another solution would be to change the whole HSF unit. You'd get lower temps, but it'll cost you money, and the warranty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-higher-temp-of-comp.106248/
Relevancy 28.81%

I have a 780i Evga mobo and a q6600. Also i am running a evga 8800 gt akimbo 1gb video card.

I was wondering if hwmonitor is the best program for temps and also if the following temps were ok.

q6600 temps

core #0 - 47 C
core #1 - 47 C
core #3 - 44 C
core #4 - 43 C

Also what is the best core 2 quad heatsink and fan ?

The temp for the 8800 gt Akimbo is

58 C

So if anyone could reply it would be very much appreciated. Thanks

A:Temp Question

Temps are fine. Their isn't really a "best" air cooling system, just better. Zalman's stuff is good. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118223

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/temp-question.105532/
Relevancy 28.81%

I have a program called Thermal Analysis Tool or TAT that monitors the temp of my Processor. Currently its displaying 54c for CPU 0 and 52 for CPU 1. Then I have another program called Intel Desktop Utilities which also monitors the temp. and it shows that my processor is only 45c. Which of the two is really true?

A:Which Temp is true?

Probably lean towards TAT, but you might want to read here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?t=98948

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-temp-is-true.105921/
Relevancy 28.38%

Please tell me there is a program that can read this card, so i can see how my temps are?

A:Temp Checks in FX5500

There should be a temperature monitor in the drivers. Depends what version ur drivers are.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/temp-checks-in-fx5500.105940/
Relevancy 36.98%

i just bought a new EVGA 6800gt off of ebay and i want to know if it is possible to remove the stock heatsink and turn it 180 degrees and reattach it. if some could find a pic of the underside of the heatsink it would help me out alot. the reason i want to do this is because i have a pci slot fan and i want to use it to suck the hot air from the video card

A:Nvidia EVGA 6800gt heatsink

You might be able to get some pics off google.

However, without checking, I'd have to say no. From experience, their heatsinks were manufactured to fit the graphics card and RAM, which are of different heights. Therefore, the underside of the heatsink isn't flat... and you get the idea hopefully.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-evga-6800gt-heatsink.105938/
Relevancy 27.95%

I have an old Win laptop that supposedly supports USB but either the jack is hosed or some subtle driver problem exists that prevents me from using any USB device on it including an external storage device The laptop is on my home network but I no longer remember the Windows login password so I am not really able to connect or share files Online Storage Solution Temp with another computer It does not have the ability to write Online Temp Storage Solution CD s either I do have Internet connectivity via a cable modem wireless router though the laptop is connected via an ethernet cable So I would like to find an easy to use online storage website where I can upload about Mb of files and then download them onto another computer I tried one service but they seem to starting zipping up the files as they are being uploaded and I had disconnections throughout the process I don t Online Temp Storage Solution believe that it was my problem Online Temp Storage Solution and it basically did not work for me Sorry for the longwinded inquiry but can anyone suggest a good online file storage service that works and is reliable etc Or is there another way to move these files that I am not thinking of nbsp

A:Online Temp Storage Solution

Too bad its Windows 98. Mozy Home seems to do exactly what you need.

Here is a list of some others, a few of which are free. XDrive looks promising except that I couldn't find OS requirements: http://davie.wordpress.com/2006/06/30/couchsurfingcom-goes-down-but-a-lesson-learned/

If you are just looking for a place to dump files and not a true 'backup solution' then I think it gets quite a bit easier. http://www.listible.com/list/online-file-storage

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/online-temp-storage-solution.103883/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi fellas, im wanting to build a PC for gaming and im not sure which way to go. Im a bit new at choosing my components and was wondering what you guys thought. The Asus Striker 790i or the EVGA 790i? Or any other mobo ideas?

Ive currently ordered a Q9450 CPU.

Once ive chosen the motherboard another problem im going to have is the DDR3 ram. I havent got a clue which goes best with what. Any help would be appreciated!

A:EVGA or ASUS

Heard a lot more complains on the striker then on the EVGA. So...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-or-asus.103875/