Windows Support Forum

Modern UI Links don't work

Q: Modern UI Links don't work

None of my links actually open up to a browser page when I click them in the Modern UI Evernote, Bing Search, XBox Games (including the "Play" link) or any other start screen app that has links. They do work while in the browsers.

I updated from Windows 7 keeping apps and files etc. I had Chrome as the default browser and that basically turned off Modern UI IE, so I made IE the default (and unchecked the use desktop browser to open links) but it still won't open any links.

The little hand over the link just does nothing when I click it.

This is pretty frustrating as it makes my entire start screen sort of "dumb".

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/modern-ui-links-dont-work-673468.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Modern UI Links don't work

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 58.48%

Mod edit Log split from thread here Thanks for your response but I've tried that stuff that you mentioned in the link before One of my biggest problems with Links Wrong To Working, Work Just Some Sites, Not Links Go Work, Some Don't Some the method is that AdAware and some of the other programs worsened my situation Here is my HijackThis Log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Unable to get Internet Explorer version Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Links Not Working, Some Links Work, Some Go To Wrong Sites, Some Just Don't Work WINDOWS system cisvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Trend Micro Antivirus Tmntsrv exeC Program Files Trend Micro Antivirus tmproxy exeC WINDOWS system igfxtray exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exeC Program Files Roxio Easy Media Creator Drag to Disc DrgToDsc exeC WINDOWS SM BG EXEC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exeC PROGRA Sony SONICS SsAAD exeC Program Files Trend Micro Antivirus pccguide exeC Program Files Trend Micro Antivirus PCClient exeC Program Files Trend Micro Antivirus TMOAgent exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Plaxo PlaxoHelper exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Common Files Sony Shared AVLib SSScsiSV exeC Program Files MediaKey Versato exeC Program Files MediaKey MePlayer exeC Program Files MediaKey OSD EXEC WINDOWS system cidaemon exec program files common files aol ee aim exeC Program Files Trend Micro Tmas tmas exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC Documents and Settings Meghan My Documents Unzipped HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http g msn com SEENUS SAOS FORM TOOLBRO - BHO no name - A F C C- A - DB - AF -B E D - C WINDOWS adsldpbn dllO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS System NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run ViewMgr C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exeO - HKLM Run RoxioDragToDisc quot C Program Files Roxio Easy Media Creator Drag to Disc DrgToDsc exe quot O - HKLM Run SM BG C WINDOWS SM BG EXEO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run HostManager C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exeO - HKLM Run SsAAD exe C PROGRA Sony SONICS SsAAD exeO - HKLM Run susse quot C WINDOWS system hpsw exe quot O - HKLM Run Recguard C Program Files HP recguard exe O - HKLM Run Apvxdwin C WINDOWS system APVXDWIN EXE O - HKLM Run IPSecMon C Program Files Common files VPN Network IPSecMon exe vpncheckO - HKLM Run Windows Update AutoUpdate Client C WINDOWS system winupd wuauclt exe O - HKLM Run DSB C Program Files DSB dsb exeO - HKLM Run REAL C Program Files REAL realjbox exeO - HKLM Run LocalProxy C Program Files LocalProxy proxy free exeO - HKLM Run WIZZ C Program Files WIZZ dazzler exeO - HKLM Run AdsBlocker C Program Files AdsBlocker stopAds exeO - HKLM Run pccguide exe quot C Program Files Trend Micro Antivirus pccguide exe quot O - HKLM Run PCClient exe quot C Program Files Trend Micro Antivirus PCClient exe quot O - HKLM Run TM Outbreak Agent quot C Program Files Trend Micro Antivirus TMOAgent exe quot runO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run PlaxoUpdate C Program Files Plaxo PlaxoHelper exe -aO - Startup Trend Micro Anti-Spyware lnk C Program Files Trend Micro Tmas Tmas exeO - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exeO - Global Startup Quicken Scheduled Updates lnk C Program Files Quicken bagent exeO - Global Startup Trend Mic... Read more

A:Links Not Working, Some Links Work, Some Go To Wrong Sites, Some Just Don't Work

Hello,Download win32delfkil.exe.Save it on your desktop.Double click on win32delfkil.exe and install it. This creates a new folder on your desktop: win32delfkil.Close all windows, open the win32delfkil folder and double click on fix.bat.The computer will reboot automatically.Post the contents of the logfile c\windelf.txt, along with a new hijackhislog.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/50878/links-not-working-some-links-work-some-go-to-wrong-sites-some-just-dont-work/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi, none of my Windows Ten Apps will open, including the windows ten store, xbox, groove music, mail, photos, minecraft windows ten edition, calendar, you get the idea. I'm running version 1511, (OS Build 10586.318). I can't remember when it started, but it's a pain. I've looked up the issue online, but nothing seems to be the EXACT same problem with me. My start button works fine, and the apps don't give me an error message or anything. If someone could fix this I would be SO grateful!

A:None of my Windows Ten Modern Apps Work.

Hello Batman, and welcome to Ten Forums.

You might see if using the method in the tutorial below to reinstall and re-register all apps may help.

Apps - Reinstall and Re-register in Windows 8 and 10

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/51033-none-my-windows-ten-modern-apps-work.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I'm not exactly sure when this problem cropped up since I don't use it often but when I type quot cmd quot in Modern UI and right-click on the program choose Run as administrator I'm dropped to the desktop and nothing happens This also happens if I list programs installed through the Modern UI and right-click on Command Prompt However if I go to windows system and right click CMD and choose Run as administrator in Desktop mode it works fine I also installed Stardock's Start to return the classic start menu and when I type cmd there and choose Run as admin it works fine or if I right-click the Start button and choose Run cmd Modern UI Work Doesn't in Administrator as Run as admin not exact wording it Run as Administrator Doesn't Work in Modern UI works fine The Run as admin problem only seems to affect the Modern UI mode Does anyone have thoughts on how this can Run as Administrator Doesn't Work in Modern UI be fixed It's not that there aren't workarounds it's just I prefer things to work as they're suppose to I've checked my user credentials as well as the UAC settings and everything looks fine I would really appreciate some ideas on how to fix this short of quot re-install Windows quot

A:Run as Administrator Doesn't Work in Modern UI

Hello Marc,

See if using step 2 in the tutorial below to restore "Run as administrator" may help. It will also restore the default registry entries for "Run as administrator" that could help with this.

Run as Administrator - Add or Remove from Context Menu in Windows 7 - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/52373-run-administrator-doesnt-work-modern-ui.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi
From some time when i run modern UI application a few second i see logo this app and next is minimalized to taskbar. 
When i click this app on taskbar i see logo app just a moment and again minimalized to taskbar.
I noticed this started when i installed update KB2959977 and KB2919355. Uinstalling this update give nothing.
What can i do?

Sorry for my english. I'm still learning

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541352/modern-ui-application-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 54.18%

Links from all sources don't work any more New tabs open it just tries to load data Nothing comes of it Also a lot of applications are saying that I'm search don't - e.g. work Google won't anymore All results links links connect not connected to the internet but that of course is not true as I can navigate if I type in some addressed directly in to the All links don't work anymore - e.g. Google search results links won't connect URL bar I have Win serv running on a PC I have Kaspersky and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Kaspersky says I have threats w hook dll backup files zip remote access Host all legal software that it doesn't like Unfortunately it doesn't tell me what app they belong to so I can't uninstall and I don't want to Fix them as they All links don't work anymore - e.g. Google search results links won't connect may be for an app I need All links don't work anymore - e.g. Google search results links won't connect P S I ran combo fix by accident first DDS DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Da Jules at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Kaspersky Internet Security Enabled Updated C FBF- BCB- -D D- EDFEC E SP Kaspersky Internet Security Enabled Updated DE B- DF - BEF-ED D- AD D SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF FW Kaspersky Internet Security Enabled FB ABE A- A - -FCD -C EA D E Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA AERTSr exe C Program Files x Belkin Router Setup and Monitor BelkinService exe C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe C Program Files x Microsoft BingBar SeaPort EXE C Program Files Belkin Belkin USB Print and Storage Center BkBackupScheduler exe C Program Files Belkin Belkin USB Print and Storage Center Bkapcs exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Remote Desktop remoting host exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x Google Chrome Remote Desktop remoting host exe C Windows SysWOW FortiSSLVPNdaemon exe C Program Files x LogMeIn x LMIGuardianSvc exe C Program Files x Remote Access Host RemotePCM exe C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftvsa exe C Program Files x Remote Access Host RemoteAHC exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Program Files x TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exe C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftlist exe C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Virtualization Handler CVHSVC EXE C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system UI Detect exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System WUDFHost exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe c Program Files Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center ipoint exe c Program Files Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center itype exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Windows system svchost exe -k SDRSVC C Windows explorer exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO B A- - A -B -BE AFE AB - lt orpha... Read more

A:All links don't work anymore - e.g. Google search results links won't connect

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number).===Download the version of this tool for your operating system.Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.===Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM unless specified.To attach a file select the "More Reply Option" and follow the instructions.How is the computer running?Wait for further instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/548756/all-links-dont-work-anymore-eg-google-search-results-links-wont-connect/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello guys, i got a BSOD, got it many times in a row, i think it's my ATI drivers, but i'm not sure, could you check it and tell me how to fix?

It's just restarting after a while of playing, after that it's turning on telling me that windows recovered from an unexpected shutdown, after it dumped all of the memory i can't turn it on for like 10 minutes, if i try to turn it on then it imediately turns off again. After waiting ~10 minutes it can be turned on again.

My Specs:
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
Intel Pentium Processor T4400(2.2 GHz, 800 MHz FSB)
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650
4GB RAM

It's a laptop, Acer Aspire 5738ZG to be exact.

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi As the post title suggests I am having trouble with the modern apps and connectivity It feels like half my computer will connect to the internet and the other half won't Desktop apps like Chrome Steam Outlook iTunes etc all work connecting desktop apps apps Modern not fine. to internet, connect to the internet fine but any of the Windows apps like Xbox Modern apps not connecting to internet, desktop apps work fine. Store and most frustratingly Settings will not connect In my Modern apps not connecting to internet, desktop apps work fine. network Modern apps not connecting to internet, desktop apps work fine. and sharing centre in the control panel it says 'You are not connected to any networks' - but in the system tray and in the settings app it shows me as connected to my home wi-fi I am on a desktop and using a USB wireless adapter I don't think the adapter is the problem as I have tried it on another desktop in our house on Windows and it worked fine Curiously also when I click 'Adapter settings' in the control panel it shows the wifi connection I've tried updating the drivers for the wireless adapter both through the Windows update and adapter website but to no avail and as I mentioned it seems the adapter works fine elsewhere I've updated manually to the latest Windows Pro build i've done a DNS flush I've tried disabling firewalls and anti-virus I've tried disabling startup apps I've done a clean install of Windows and still am unable to fix the issue If anyone has any ideas that might help that would be great I'm happy to provide any more information if people need it Thanks very much

A:Modern apps not connecting to internet, desktop apps work fine.

Is your DNS client service running on your system .

To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.In the list of services, click DNS Client.Make sure that the Status column displays Started and that the Startup Type column displays Automatic.If the service is not set to Started or if the startup type for the DNS Client service is not set to Automatic, follow these steps:
Right-click DNS Client, and then click Properties.In the DNS Client Properties dialog box, click the General tab, and then click Automatic in the Startup type list.Click Start, click Apply, and then click OK.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/36508-modern-apps-not-connecting-internet-desktop-apps-work-fine.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Several times today I have links that didn't work for me. The latest was my credit card account. Others was just links like Adobe Flash page. I was given this PC yesterday and it comes with XP home SP2, 512 Ram, 2.2gb cpu. Any advise for me woul be appreciated.

A:Some links don't work.

I have been on the phone with road runner broadband for an hour and it still want work. I can't open the chase bank website at all and I can't open my account at my creditcard bank. This is a security problem and I'm amazed that no one has been able to tell me what the problem is. Thanks guy's for your help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-links-dont-work.810588/
Relevancy 45.58%

When I click a link in IE9 a new tab opens but nothing happens. I just changed to IE9 from Chrome and seem to remember seeing some information about having to go into the registry and manually remove some Chrome settings.

Anyone have any comments or help?

A:Links don't work in IE9

Before going deeply into this, do you have Norton installed?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/links-dont-work-in-ie9-670518.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi !
First time I've used the site -hope someone can help !!!
My hyperlinks won't work . When I click on them the browser bar goes blue, a white hand sign appears on the screen and the I just get a blank Microsoft page .I've turned off my Norton antivirus to see if this helps-it doesn't !!

A:Links won't work

Welcome to TSF....

What browser are you using?

Whant service pack do you have installed?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/links-wont-work-295762.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi everyone, I have noticed earlier today that when I click any of the links in outlook express, It won't open a new window anymore. It also happens when trying to click any hot links on websites in IE.Any ideas??thanks, SWAS(Moderator edit: moved post to more appropriate forum and added topic description. jgweed)

A:Links Won't Work

See if this helps:How to reinstall or repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in Windows XP http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378/EN-US/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/55453/links-wont-work/
Relevancy 45.58%

hello,
my problem begin friday night. after removing some uncessary programs and installing some more..now my link buttons won't work such as the "go" button on my google toolbar. none of the little optional buttons on my toolbar such as when i try to go to file and click on
"print" nothing happens. if i open up a program or even wen i'm online and i click a link its like my computer dosen't respond. nothing happens. example... when i right click on alink to open it in a new window it just click but nothing happens....help me

Relevancy 45.58%

I can search on google but I can't click on a search results link.  It loads a new tab, but the content never loads or just a little bit does. 
Also, links from skype, documents, and emails won't load a page.
Happens with Chrome and Firefox.
Tried to reboot, no help.

I have Kaspersky and Malwarebytes on my machine but neither found anything.

Thoughts?

A:All links don't work

You have posted a DDS log here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/548756/all-links-dont-work-anymore-eg-google-search-results-links-wont-connect/ in Malware Removal Logs.Malware Removal Logs topics take precendence over any other topics you have started in other forums.Since you have posted the logPlease refrain from asking for further help from other members or staff until the Malware Removal Team has checked your posted log. The Malware Removal Team work very hard to investigate a unique solution to your problem and you will receive individual expert assistance. This takes time and effort so we ask you to please be patient while waiting for assistance and NOT to make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a Malware Removal Team member. Any modifications you make on your own can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, following advice outside of that post may cause confusion for the team member assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.The Malware Removal Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean. If you followed any other advice already, please ensure you inform the Malware Removal Team Team Helper when they respond to assist you with your log. This will help them know what has been done and they probably will ask for an updated log.Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the Malware Removal Team members are very busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT "bump" your post or make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the Malware Removal Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another Malware Removal Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.If HelpBot replies to your topic, please follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.This topic is closed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/548744/all-links-dont-work/
Relevancy 45.58%

I am running windows 7 and now when ever I click a link on a webpage I get a error message that IE has stopped working and will close. I have run a scan with both security essentials and malwarebytes and neither has turned up anything. I was running IE8 when it started and today I downloaded IE9 and it is still happening. Any help please?

A:Links in IE will not work

Welcome
I would try to reset, back to default settings and see what happens
Internet Explorer - Reset - Windows 7 Forums

If that does not help this other excellent tutorial may assist
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...er-issues.html

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/291628-links-ie-will-not-work.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to read this message.
I am using Windows XP and I am having a problem creating a desktop shortcut.
I do the usual (right click on the desktop, scroll to "New" scroll "Shortcut".
I enter the URL and then I name it. The Icon appears on the desktop. When I click on it, I received the following information box:
This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options control pane.
I did not have this problem until I removed FIREFOX.
My email also has a problem. When I click on a link contained in the email the link does not work, nothing at all happens .
Could one of you "Pro's" help me out with this ?
Any information will be appreciated.
RickM.

A:Links and URL's do not work

Hi. Well why did you remove Firefox?

Does the internet work at all?

When you create the shortcut, does the icon have a picture of Firefox?

If so, it could be looking for Firefox but it's not there because you removed it.

Are you using Internet Explorer now?

You could try a System Restore and restore a date when it was working

You could reinstall Firefox to see if it works.

Have you scanned for viruses lately?

Give me some more details please.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/links-and-urls-do-not-work.58289/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a windows home premium service pack machine running IE It is a bit system The problem is getting links to open in x64 work do IE9 not in Links either a new tab or a new window or anywhere with just one click When I click a link from a webpage instead of a tab opening to that site I get a blank page I am crazy frustrated with this I Links do not work in IE9 x64 can right click the link copy the shortcut go to the blank page and paste the info in the address bar then hit enter and get to the page I wanted in the first place I am not running any add ons I have googled the problem and there just Links do not work in IE9 x64 doesnt seem to be anyone else with this issue I guess I tried going to IE that did not fix it I have two IE I think one x one x not sure what one is working when I do my regular stuff Also along with not opening links on some pages that have comments when I click to read the comments I get nothing and I can't right click to get the shortcut because it is javascript so I cannot read any comments I need help Does this sound familiar to anyone out there

A:Links do not work in IE9 x64

Please update the OS in your profile to match Windows7. You mention not having add-ons. Do you mean you tried opening IE9 without add-ons? Everyone has add-ons preinstalled on IE9. When you get a blank page, try the reload button. If all else fails download: Internet Explorer FAQ - Repair IE8 (IE7) and IE9
In your programs you have both 32 and 64 bit versions of IE9, You can rename the desktop icons to remember which is which. You'll need to know for the download.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/links-do-not-work-in-ie9-x64-651837.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Microsoft help is useless on this topic. Numerous posts, but no answers other than to download their new IE9 Beta. When I click on a hyperlink, it opens a new blank tab but goes nowhere. If I right click on the link, copy the shortcut, open a tab of my own and paste in the shortcut, it works fine. Have tried resetting all my add ons and security setting changes to no avail. anyone got any ideas?

A:Links don't work in IE8

Same problems when using browsers such as firefox or Internet Explorer (no add-ons)?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/361873/links-dont-work-in-ie8/
Relevancy 45.58%

When ever i click on a link from google or any other site it goes to this site http copy-book com search php q tech support guy forums with whatever is search after it then onto another random site This is my log file any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you Logfile of Trend Micro help!! work! don't Links HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C WINDOWS System igfxpers exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Napster napster exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant WiFiMsg exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Links don't work! help!! HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Creative Sync Manager Unicode CTSyncU exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C PROGRA HEWLET Shared HPQTOA EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Basic Edition Norton Utilities sysdoc exe C Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil e exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http g msn co uk SEENGB SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http g msn co uk SEENGB SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www facebook com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN GB amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN GB amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http g msn co uk SEENGB SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO NCO IE BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C PROGRA COMMON SYMANT IDS IPSBHO dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c pro... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/links-dont-work-help.727379/
Relevancy 45.58%

Tried to log on to Alienware tech support. I entered the required data correctly but it did not work. Tech support tried it at their end and it worked. At their suggestion I tried it on another computer and it worked. Why would it not work on my XP Pro OS Alienware system? I have had other issues where some link worked and others didn't. These did not appear to be broken links as they occurred on major websites.

Thanks,

Chuck

Relevancy 45.58%

MY OS is WinXP - When I click on a link, video of text, all I get is a momentary blink of a small window and puff, it's gone. Is there a simple solution to this problem? Thanks for your help.Pete (The Oldfella)ps. - It has to be a simple solution, with a simple explanation - otherwise I'm lost... I'm not too bright/computer savvy

A:Most Links Don't Work

I am trying to understand what is happening.When I click on a link, video of text, all I get is a momentary blink of a small window and puff, it's goneWhere are you when you click on a link, in an email, on the internet (a web site) or where? Can you give a specific example. The more info the better. Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34459/most-links-dont-work/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi. I am very new to web building and I have just run into a problem with HTML. On a web page I was creating the links don't work. The web address I am using is www.merrickville-day-nursery-school.org

If anyone could help me it would be appreciate.

Thanks in advance

A:Hot links don't work

I went to your page and I see what you mean. Alas, this is something that I think I'd need to be looking over your shoulder to help. Clearly, the url didn't get put in.

You are going to want a page for each of the files in the bottom left of your site. So what you need to do, is load each of those pages and then put the url to the pages. Am I making any sense at all?

What I've done is use a very good html editor called WebDrawf to make my pages. It is a wysiwyg {what you see is what you get} editor. Youcan get it free at this page. I don't feel like I've been much help at all.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hot-links-dont-work.167464/
Relevancy 45.58%

I downloaded Corel 8 onto my computer and ever since I have been having a problem with IE. I have windows 7. When I go to a website and they have a link, I click on the link and it will not take me there. There is not a band alolng to top to accept the site. I downloaded the program onto my wifes machine... hte same thing. I downloaded a different brower and it works fine. I would like to fix my IE though.

A:IE 8 no links work

Where did you download CorelDraw 8 from?

The current version is X5.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-8-no-links-work.955199/
Relevancy 45.58%

Suddenly I have a big problem, off site lik=nks just quit working. I discovered it first in emails, and then I discovered that when I was out on a site, the links don't work there, and then today I coudln't load pictures on ebay. I get the new address up on the bar, and a new window opens with internet explorer in it, but the page is blank, and the litle hour glass just sits there till I exit the page. Any ideas out there?

A:links don't work

jigsawbill, Try registering the referenced dll files under the Resolution section at the link below.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/281679/EN-US/

Tufenuf

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/links-dont-work.622687/
Relevancy 45.58%

Evereytime i go into yahoo or bing or any search site for that matter, the links wont work. I click them and i get a server not found message.

But if i copy and paste the link it works fine.

Can someone help me please?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/none-of-my-links-work-443187.html
Relevancy 45.58%

After I uninstalled Windows XP Service Pack because it tottally messed up my computer I have been having another problem ugh When I click on any of my previously set links did a None links my work! of restore not clean install or any links I get in emails or on other web pages it does not work and I keep getting an error message that reads quot The lookup key was not found in any active activation context quot this makes it very hard to navigate or do much of anything on this computer Is there something I need to check or download to fix this problem I did go to microsoft and downloaded any updates I needed EXCEPT WXP Service Pack LOL As I said before I had problems with IE so I did a restore from my disk which allowed me to keep my personlized items on the computer without doing the quot wipe-it-clean quot install I did not reinstall anything None of my links work! else Should I have to reinstall all my programs or drivers or something else since I did not actually get rid of them with the restore I m None of my links work! at a loss as to how to fix this problem and I really don t want to lose everything to a clean reinstall unless it is absolutely needed Thanks so much Dedee nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

Hello When i'm browsing the web sometimes i can't click on links It happens a lot and on things i could links won't work previously links won't work access WHen i click on a link the cursor turns to the hour glass for awhile and i have high speed then the screen goes blank and eventually it comes up with the same page i was already on I've been cleaning with Adaware se and cw shredder I also have Trojan Hunter enabled All pop up blockers have been turned off as well When you guys help me i would appreciate it if you sent me Urls to download stuff instead of putting links Here is my hijack log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System ScsiAccess EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C WINDOWS LTMSG exe C SIERRA CardStudio PLNRnote exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Steff HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www comcast net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Comcast R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Int ernet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - C AAD- - cbd- - A C E D - C WINDOWS system req dat O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO MSEvents Object - B B - F A- E - -A BD E - C WINDOWS Registration acun dll O - Toolbar AIM Search - D A B-D B- d - A - EE F C - C Program Files AIM Toolbar AIMBar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run HP Software Update quot C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe quot O - HKLM Run LTMSG LTMSG exe O - HKLM Run THGuard quot C Program Files TrojanHunter THGuard exe quot O - Startup LimeWire On Startup lnk C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe O - Global Startup Event Planner Reminders Tray Icon lnk C SIERRA CardStudio PLNRnote exe O - Global Startup Billminder lnk C Program Files Quicken billmind exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exe O - Extra button Support - E -F CD- -A -B EB BBDB A - http www comcastsupport com file missing HKCU O - Extra button ComcastHSI - EDE DA- - DD -AE - CBFDD - http www comcast net file missing HKCU O - Extra button Help - B D - - D - C - B E - http www comcast net memberservices file missing HKCU O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - IERESET INF START PAGE URL http www comcast net O - DPF D D - - D -BDCD- C F A B HouseCall Control - http a g akamai net all xscan cab O - Winlogon Notify acun - C WINDOWS Registration acun dll O - Winlogon Notify req - C WINDOWS system req dat O - Service Kodak Camera Connection Software KodakCCS - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS system drivers KodakCCS exe file missing O - Service Pml Driver ... Read more

A:links won't work

Double post....please stick to one thread so that we may better assist you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/showthread.php?t=48120

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/links-wont-work-49372.html
Relevancy 45.58%

i installed a game onto my computer and then after it had finished installing it wouldn't work so then i un-installed it and now whenever i click on a link, if it is a desktop link or one that is in the start menu or one that is pinned to my task bar it asks me to choose the program i want to use to open this file and all of my files look like a blank piece of paper i have tried other fixes from other Internet sites and whatever i do it just doesn't work i have run a full virus run on my computer and it came up with 2 viruses but now they are cleared but my links still are not working!!
I am currently using windows 7, the most updated version
Please Help!!

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi,

There is something fishy when clicking a link in Windows mail.

When I for instance click either of the links below (Amazon.com Visa / Business Visa) in an e-mail from Amazon.com Word2007 launches and I get the
stuff as a Word document i.e. I do not get directed to a web-page but somehow end up in a Word document. This is the new behaviour with all e-mails
since last week. What is wrong?
------------
Get the Amazon.com Visa Card or the Amazon.com Business Visa Card instantly and automatically get $30 back after your first purchase. Plus get up to 3% rewards.
------------

Thank You,
Martti

A:Links do not work

Do you have a default internet browser set up?

You can change your defaults by clicking start, then clicking default programs and changing the settings in there.

Cheers,

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/231611/links-do-not-work/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi there,
I hope I'm posting this in the correct place.
I recently got some help from you guys to remove a virus. While all that was going on, something has happened to my pc. Whenever, I get an email with a link or try open a link from a website, it doesn't work. Nothing opens up, I have to manually copy and paste it into the browser. I'm hoping it's something simple to fix (something that I just need to configure) but I don't know how. Please help.

Many thanks
Francis

A:Links don't work

what email client (software) are you using?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/links-dont-work-265834.html
Relevancy 45.58%

cannot type anything in explorer address bar, only links work. please help. thanks.

A:only links work please help

Repair or Reinstall Internet Explorer6 and Outlook Express 6

Also Download Firefox (if this is not the borwser you are using) and see if you can type in the address bar.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/only-links-work-please-help-92256.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I've got Win Xp SP2 Installed.....When I click on some start menu items, (SEARCH, Microsoft update, windows update,) or some links on web pages when I use IE, nothing happens!!!! I am not transported to anywhere!!!
I don't have the Internet links problem when I use Firefox, but that doesn't solve the desktop issues (SEARCH, Microsoft Update, Windows Update).
I must have something incorrectly set, but I sure don't know what!!
Can anyone help me?

Relevancy 45.58%

Hello'
When I click on any link in my Browser or Email nothing happens.
I have already opened a Run Command and typed regsvr urlmon.dll.I then went to IE/Tools/Internet Options/Programs and clicked on "Reset all web settings". I then Rebooted and still have the problem.

tyia for any help.

Robert

A:Links won't work

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/918165?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/links-wont-work.468001/
Relevancy 45.58%

What gives? When I click on links on the web they do not work. I have to type in the URL to get it to load web pages. I am running Windows XP and Firefox but the same thing happens with Internet Explorer.

A:Links do not work

Closing duplicate, please reply here:

http://forums.techguy.org/all-other-software/879695-links-do-not-work.html

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/links-do-not-work.879697/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi,
when I log on to my gmail account, all tabs(links) except 'sign out' don't work. I clicked on 'compose','chats','sent' none of which work. even when I click to read a mail on my inbox the next screen doesn't show anything,though I see a 'done' message. I tried this with both IE and firefox. Yesterday I noticed that firefox had this problem, but IE was okay.Today even IE has the same problem.. I don't know what's wrong. Is this a case of some missing files in Xp or something? Please help .Thanx

A:Links don't work

Hello and Welcome to TSG...

Please try the following:

-Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune from here
-This program is for XP and Windows 2000 only

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.

-If you use Firefox browser

Click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.

Please post back and tell me if this works.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/links-dont-work.615583/
Relevancy 45.58%

The computer I am working on had all sorts of spyware - cws, isearch, etc. Anyway, after I got everything cleaned off I found that the links aren't working - both in office products and in ie. (there may be more those are the only ones I have tried so far).

I tried the
regsrvf\r32 Shdocvw.dll
regsrvf\r32 Shdocvw.dll
regsrv32 Msjava.dll
regsrv32 Actxprxy.dll
regsrv32 Oleaut32.dll
regsrv32 Mshtml.dll
regsrv32 Browseui.dll
regsrv32 Shell32.dll

The msjava.dll and shell32.dll were unsuccessful. The error said they could not find.

All the IE options are set to default.

Before I started tryin all sorts of things I thought I'd ask the pros!

Any other suggestions?

Relevancy 44.72%

The following problem happens in Google, Google Chrome, Yahoo and Firefox. Everyone I have tried! If I do a search, get a page of hits. I click on a link, It opens up just fine! So good so far! But if I try to open a link on that page, it don't work, I get a blank.To access the secondary link, I have to right click, "copy shortcut" then "paste" it into the address bar. Then it opens right up like it should. I don't get many problems but when I do, it's a whooper!
thanks

A:Secondary links don't work

Mate just try running these for starters
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html < if necessary include the /f and /r in the command line as per Option2
Have you tried IE11 as well as I am not a great lover of other browsers I always use IE it seems to me that the claims that the others are faster is a bit of a misnomer to be honest.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/367273-secondary-links-dont-work.html
Relevancy 44.72%

i dono if this has anything to do with MY computer or yahoo but whenever i search for something and then move my mouse over a link that comes up in the search results i don't yahoo work links get an error message asking me if i want to debug help pleeasee Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C WINDOWS System pctspk exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet QuickSet exe C WINDOWS System DSentry exe C yahoo links don't work WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Common Files Dell EUSW Support exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus AdvTools NPROTECT EXE C Program Files Dell Support Alert bin NotifyAlert exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files PSD Tools ChannelUp exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiapsrv exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Kazaa Lite K KazaaLite kpp C WINDOWS SYSTEM NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Speech sapisvr exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Finale FINALE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Documents and Settings Jacob Desktop Jacob Spyware Removeal hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dellnet com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dellnet com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dellnet com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride http localhost R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchAssistant about blank O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installquiet O - HKLM Run PCTVOICE pctsp... Read more

A:yahoo links don't work

Log looks clean to me and what it seems like is that there's a script error on the page, and since you have ms-studio.NET installed which comes with several debuggers, it offers to attach them to the script and see whats wrong .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/yahoo-links-dont-work.208224/
Relevancy 44.72%

Since the last update my links in my Windows Live email and several other programs won't connect anymore.

Any suggestions of what I can do to fix this would be welcome.

Thanks,
Mary

A:Links won't work after last update

Hi, I guess you mean hyperlinks. This is a known issue, and part of the resetting of file (and protocol) associations in the November update, which was implemented for the first time after the manner of installing Windows.

You need to associate these with your default browser. The best (only) way I found was to use the 'old' control panel (Win key + X, Control Panel), select small icons, then Default Programs, and so choose your default.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/32450-links-wont-work-after-last-update.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey guys,
everytime i try to click on a link to a video, the link simply leads to a "cannot display" page.
What can i do to make videos work properly on internet explorer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/links-to-videos-do-not-work-265498.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Running XP Home Edition. A problem just started - when I get an email that has a web link, I am unable to bring up the page. I am able to access the page by typing in the address in Internet Explorer address bar. I have updated and run both anti virus and adaware. Thanks

Relevancy 44.72%

When I click on a link while a page is open I have to hit the refresh button, more than once, sometimes before the page finishes opening if at all. I am running win 8.1 and have tried Firefox, IE and Chrome browsers all with the same result. I have been working with one of your guys in the malware forum to remove anything that might cause this but to no avail. I also have an older XP machine on the same network that I have no trouble with. I have reset Firefox. cleared cache and cookies and temp files with no results. Even when I opened the link to make this post the only thing that opened was the Topic title window until I hit the refresh. Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/528281/links-in-browser-dont-work/
Relevancy 44.72%

hey everyone i m new to this site i read down to previous posts and didn t find my question so hopefully i m not reposting a talked about question a few days ago some of my links stopped working not all of them just some of them when i click on them nothing happens it doesn t even try to load and rarely when i click on a link it opens a blank page and says its done loading a good example if anyone uses Webpages Won't Links, And Right. Work myspace com whenever i go to the blog section to write a blog the place where you input the text is gone so i can t write anything and also when i read bulletins i can t reply to them because when Links, And Webpages Won't Work Right. i click the reply link nothing happens i was thinking maybe it had to do with my Links, And Webpages Won't Work Right. internet explorer i have internet explorer because and im taking a wild Links, And Webpages Won't Work Right. guess about a month ago i was trying to free up space on my computer and i had the option to do something with a bunch of different things like win media player and msn homepage anyway IE was in there and i clicked on it to free up space it didnt delete but it went from like MB to MB in the list sorry if im confusing everyone but i dont know maybe its IE maybe something else i d appreciate anyones tips advice and reccomendations thanks -kelly

A:Links, And Webpages Won't Work Right.

Hi kel420Try a repair on IE.Start > Settings > Control Panel. > double-click on the Add/Remove Programs icon. > Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 and Internet Tools. > Double-click this entry You will then see a box that shows > Select the option to Repair Internet Explorer and press the OK button. Then choose > Yes When it is done reboot your computer. 1) Go to download.com , type in mozilla firefox and install this browser, when prompt for selecting as default, select YES.Why go to Download.com when there is Firefox downloads available directly from mozilla.comFirefox - Rediscover the Web

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/39847/links-and-webpages-wont-work-right/
Relevancy 44.72%

Clicking on a link and nothing happens.

I think it has to do with pop-ups because if I right click the link it works to another tab but does not work to open in a new window.

Help.

I have tried re-setting IE, scanned PC for virus and spyware nothing.

Opera on the PC links work.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie8-on-vista-links-dont-work-464920.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have see this somewhere, but can't remember ir it was solved.
After an update on XP sp1, when i click on a link to a website nothing happens. Some of the programs like Webshots give an error of website not found. I have even gone so far as to reload the program, but nothing. But the other links are a no go.
Any suggestions.

I have done a system restore, to the earliest time i could, but no avail.

Thanks

Relevancy 44.72%

This problem recently occurred on my Toshiba Satellite C655 running Windows 7.  Some links that used to work on web pages no longer do.  When I hover on them on them I get the index finger (IE 11), but the bottom left of the screen shows javascript:void(0);.  The identical thing happens with IE 11, and the most recent updates of Firefox and Chrome.  Everything still works properly on a second computer I have, a Dell Inspiron 660s running Windows 8.  Both computers are using Java update 51.

I went back to a system restore point that predated the problem.  After that, I uninstalled and reinstalled the current Java and Firefox browser.  I scanned the system with AVG Free and Malwarebytes, neither reported any probem.  None of these actions fixed the problem.  What do I do next? 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/521083/links-that-no-longer-work/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello everyone!

I have a little problem with links not working in my Win7. Links in Skype, mIRC, Excel/Word to name one of my few most often used programs. I believe I've disabled UAC and it's notifications too. Here's a message I get when I try to launch a link from Excel/Word:

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4900/capturetnr.jpg

When I used to use WinXP SP3 32bit there was a button my in Opera browser which would assign protocols to use with Opera but that button doesn't work anymore under Win7.

http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/4853/37212914.jpg

Is that some sort of a protection in Win7 that doesn't allow links to be clicked and opened in my browser?

Thanks!

A:Web links don't work under Win7

Can't open any hyperlinks. (This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer.)
Same problem as you have, except its with IE8 and Chrome, read the posts, maybe you can find something helpful, there are some suggestions provided. And you may want to try with different browser.
cheers
EDIT: Run as Administrator

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/121422-web-links-dont-work-under-win7.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Good day,

I have a colleague (no this isn't one of those "My friend" situations, this really is happening to a co-worker) who, when preparing Word documents, sometimes inserts hyperlinks in the document.

Some of the links work, but others open up a dialog box that says Locate Link Browser and it is looking for an executable.

Now I realize it is looking for, in our case, IE, but I don't understand why it is doing this at all.

I've copied the link from his word document and inserted it into an open browser page and it works fine. I can then re-copy that link and re-insert it back into the same document and everything is good to go from there.

How can we solve this so the links will work as they should?

A:Links in Word Won't Work

ARe all the links http:// , or are some different?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/links-in-word-wont-work-104743.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi Guys,

I can't click on affiliate links. It comes up as Page cannot be displayed all the time.

I'm running Windows Xp SP2 with a Linksys Broadband Firewall Router and I've actually tried bypassing the firewall and it still does the same thing. I've got the Windows Firewall turned off and I'm just running Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition.

I've run adware scans with multiple programs, as well as a norton Antivirus scan, been through all the settings I can think of and came up with nothing. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Relevancy 44.72%

Hello,
Default Browser:Firefox 4.0
Secondary Browser: IE9

Since I updated to IE9 this week, the links in Incredimail mails will not open to a browser. I tried resetting the IE settings, that did not help.

Thanks if you have any suggestions,
eshafer

A:Incredimail links won't work

If you're using Magentic, it appears that it's not compatible with IE9: IncrediMail - IE9 Compatibility

Magentic help center: Magentic Help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/incredimail-links-wont-work-568056.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I must have deleted something when I was cleaning up. When I click on any link nothing happens. Search won't open too.

Running home xp.

Thx in adv.

A:IE prob. Links don't work!

a) Test from safe mode with networking
b) Try to run a repair of IE from add/remove programs

post results

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-prob-links-dont-work.231508/
Relevancy 44.72%

What gives? When I click on links on the web they do not work. I have to type in the URL to get it to work. I am running Windows XP and using Firefox.

A:Solved: Links do not work

Check your security settings sounds like they are being blocked by a popup blocker or something some are picky like that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-links-do-not-work.879695/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi

I have Windows XP with Internet Explorer. I try to save a web page as a favorite,it says saved but when i try to open it nothing happens

Help

A:Favorite links do not work

in IE go to tools/internet options/programs and reset web settings.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/favorite-links-do-not-work-468216.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a three-year-old Dell XPS laptop It has Windows XP on it and runs Internet Explorer service pack I as far as I can tell Recently my Hotmail inbox and various other web pages have quit working correctly For instance when I get to my inbox and click on an email nothing happens When I check mail and click delete nothing happens When I try to go to folders from my inbox Links Won't Web Some Page's Work nothing happens If I left-click Some Web Page's Links Won't Work and try to open in a new tab or page nothing happens Other pages react similarly Some Web Page's Links Won't Work For instance - when I am on my insurance site and I Some Web Page's Links Won't Work try click quot make a payment quot or quot account history quot nothing happens other pages work correctly When the web page links don't work the bottom of the page either says quot error on page quot or quot javascript quot I have reset original web browsing options in internet tools I have downloaded updates for Internet I have reinstalled javascript Nothing has worked I don't know if this has anything to do with McAfee or not it expired recently and I did not want to renew I tried to uninstall it but it won't uninstall When I go to add remove programs and find McAfee and click remove the page blinks and nothing happens Perhaps the two are completely unrelated but I thought it worth mentioning Any help would be appreciated Thanks Smeffletop

A:Some Web Page's Links Won't Work

ive got the same problem , did you manage to sort it out and what did you do , cheers

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/some-web-pages-links-wont-work-272596.html
Relevancy 44.72%

When I receive an email with a webpage link on it the only way I can go to the site is to cut and past in my brouser. Just clicking on the link doesn't work. I can't seem to find the setting to correct this. I use Windows XP and Outlook express mail program.

A:Web page links don't work

normally you must clean out your temp files, but other things can be amiss. try to defrag it once in a while too.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/web-page-links-dont-work.303082/
Relevancy 44.72%

I was wondering if this TV will work as a monitor/TV for my PC. I by chance it will then please provide me with the insight on how.

PS: This is not the TV I refered to in my last post.

This is the TV.
http://www.outlet.philips.com/b2c_r...00000000828BD472&scenario=catalog&shop=OUTLET

This is my Vid Card.
http://3dgpu.com/archives/2004/07/19/pny-verto-geforce-6800gt/

I will probly need to buys something of course but that life right. Thanks for the help.

A:Will this LCD work on my PC...links provided.

Well the specs show that the TV can handle what the graphics card can put out. The tv is a wxga so the 1366 x 768 is a good resolution to run plus it is philips. I have heard lots of good reviews on philips.

Graphics card
2048 x 1536 at 85Hz
resolutions up to 1600 x 1200

TV
Computer formats : 640 x 480 - 60Hz, 800 x 600 - 60Hz, 1024 x 768 - 60Hz, 1366 x 768 - 60Hz

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-this-lcd-work-on-my-pc-links-provided.49982/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi I ve been screaming at my computer not do work JavaScript links for the last JavaScript links do not work month and a half or so because it has this tendency to stop working with JavaScript links When it first started I JavaScript links do not work tried going to Microsoft s website for help that was bright but half of the links I needed to get to the support area were javascript I tried installing a whole binch of crap from Sun Java s site I scanned my system for adware spyware and viruses Nothing worked Finally i decided to do sytem restore but for some reason it was corrupted and the screen wouldn t show up for it So I wiped my hard drive and reinstalled Windows Three times That sucked bad Almost drove me to linux except that I like playing games After the fourth install things seemed to be normal but two days ago it started up again Since I didn t want to play the reinstall game again I decided to look for help If anybody can help me I d appreciate it I use SlimBrowser for my browser but it isn t working in IE either Oh yeah I have Norton now but I turned off the Java Applet security stuff and it still doesn t work I also downloaded Windows Script read it in another thread but that didn t help either I d really appreciate any help anybody can give Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

Hello!

I have hyperlinks to external web pages in some of my MS Excel 2003 files, which have worked fine for years. After installing Internet Explorer 8, I get the error "An unexpected error has occurred" on clicking these links. Newly created external links also do not work. Links to local files still work.

I have discovered that if IE is already open (to any website) the links will work.

I haven't found any settings in IE that might prevent the link from working. Nor have I found anything relevant in IE8 Help or in the MS Knowledge Base. FYI, my OS is Win XP Pro.

Any ideas?
Thanks for any help you can provide!

Deb

A:Excel links won't work with IE8

Have you tried to edit and refresh the links?
If you have a new link, does this one work?
Then I think it's a question of running through all the links en 're-link' them
I really don't have a clue, and, my 'old' links worked when I opened my sheets on a new computer.
The idea just popped up: is this s new system with IE8 or is it the same system but you updated from IEx to IE8?
Maybe Excel stores something somewhere and now it cannot find IExplorer?
I hope this gives you some ideas

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-links-wont-work-with-ie8.916962/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello,
When I click on Help and Online Support for things like Yahoo Music Engine or Outpost Pro, as examples, I get the quick blip or flash of the mouse pointer and nothing happens.
The problem is coming from my side, not the various web sites.
Not all links at a site don't work.
If I'm listening to music I can be using Yahoo Music Engine with Yahoo Unlimited.
The links all seem to be working until I try to go to a help page.
I'm sure there are others not working, but I don't know which ones they are.
This does not appear to be browser specific.
In the above mentioned examples, it happens if no browser is open, as well as if FF, IE or Opera are open.
Hope I can get some help.
Thanks,
John

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/numerous-links-will-not-work.399897/
Relevancy 44.72%

At the title above is the summary of the basic problem. Can do a workaround (I guess) which is:1)right click highlighted link at document2)drop-down window with "save target as" appears3)left click the latter and 4)desktop "save as" window opens with file name shown5)left click save to save given file to desktop6)go to desktop screen and left click the file just saved to the desktop7)the document wanted is there.

The regular use of links were working fine up until a couple of months ago, then had to begin going to the above procedure. Wonder if it could have been caused by one of the XP upgrades? that is, SP?

Thanks, Al

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi!

You have helped me before and I'm hoping this one will be easy. NONE of the links I click on work. It doesn't matter what website or mail I'm on. When I click a link, it opens the new window and then just sits there staring at me blankly and says it's done. It's making me crazy right now. Thanks!!

Anna

A:Links don't work!! Help!! Frustrated!!

Hi Dandy. Please post your hijack this log... it seems like you have a bad case of spyware. If you need a popup blocker i would recommend the new version of winguard from download.com (http://www.download.com/Winguard-Pop...=dl&tag=button).

I'll check back. Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/links-dont-work-help-frustrated-54463.html
Relevancy 44.72%

OK - so here is a strange problem. I normally use Chrome with ABP installed and I am used to not seeing any ads when browsing. If the website insists I turn off ABP I will do so if I am interested enough in the content, leave, or use Firefox or IE. Not an issue. But I have one computer in my house that all ads and tracking links are blocked on all the browsers. This is a Windows 7 laptop with MSE for security. Other computers with the same setup (Win7/MSE/Chrome+ABP) in my home do not have this problem.

I'm not concerned about the ads as I am the paid links. For instance, any link I click on from SlickDeals.net, I will get "Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to xxx" or the equivalent page on FireFox or IE.

Can anyone help or at least point me in the right direction? Thanks!

A:Ads never appear and tracking links don't work

Try using these : AdwCleaner and Free Malwarebytes.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/471760/ads-never-appear-and-tracking-links-dont-work/
Relevancy 44.72%

When i click on links in various on web links work? not pages do web pages the links do not work Here is my hijackthis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe links on web pages do not work? C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS links on web pages do not work? System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security NISUM EXE C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities NPROTECT EXE C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C PROGRA NORTON SPEEDD nopdb exe links on web pages do not work? C Program Files Norton Internet Security SymProxySvc exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security NISSERV EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA NORTON NORTON navapw exe C PROGRA NORTON WinFax WFXSWTCH exe C WINDOWS System vnmispoisn downloader exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security IAMAPP EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files FireTrust MailWasher Pro MailWasher exe C Program Files Outlook Express msimn exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C DOCUME gary LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www freeserve com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www freeserve com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Freeserve F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe C Windows System wsaupdater exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyviewer dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run CTStartup C Program Files Creative Splash Screen CTEaxSpl EXE run O - HKLM Run NAV Agent C PROGRA NORTON NORTON navapw exe O - HKLM Run WFXSwtch C PROGRA NORTON WinFax WFXSWTCH exe O - HKLM Run iamapp C Program Files Norton Internet Security IAMAPP EXE O - HKLM Run MSConfig C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe auto O - HKLM Run mswspl C WINDOWS System vnmispoisn downloader exe O - Extra button Money Viewer - E F - C A- -A E -A DEA A - C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyviewer dll O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Plugin for au C Program Files Internet Explorer PLUGINS npqtplugin dll O - Plugin for mid C Program Files Internet Explorer PLUGINS npqtplugin dll O - Plugin for mp C Program Files Internet Explorer PLUGINS npqtplugin dll O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - IERESET INF START PAGE URL http www freeserve com O - DPF C E-FA D- -BACC-D C EF EPUImageControl Class - http tools ebayimg com eps wl acti l v - - - cab O - DPF D F C -CB - EA - D - F EACC F B InstallShield Setup Player K - http www napster co uk client setup exe O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip DBC -AECB- A C-B A-D FCABACF NameServer O - Service Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA exe O - Service Norton AntiVirus Auto Pr... Read more

A:links on web pages do not work?

Happy Holidays and welcome to TSF!

==========

Please print out or copy this page to Notepad. Make sure to work through the fixes in the exact order it is mentioned below. If there's anything that you don't understand, ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes. You should not have any open browsers when you are following the procedures below.

Go to My Computer->Tools/View->Folder Options->View tab and make sure that 'Show hidden files and folders' (or 'Show all files') is enabled. Also make sure that Display the contents of System Folders' is checked. Windows XP's search feature is a little different. When you click on 'All files and folders' on the left pane, click on the 'More advanced options' at the bottom. Make sure that Search system folders, Search hidden files and folders, and Search subfolders are checked.

For the options that you checked/enabled earlier, you may uncheck them after your log is clean. If we ask you to fix a program that you use or want to keep, please post back saying that (we don't know every program that exists, so we may tell you to delete a program that we think is bad to keep).

Turn off system restore by right clicking on My Computer and go to Properties->System Restore and check the box for Turn off System Restore. Click Apply and then OK. Restart your computer. After we are finished with your log file and verified that it's clean, you may turn it back on and create a new restore point.

The Temp folders should be cleaned out periodically as installation programs and hijack programs leave a lot of junk there. Download CleanUp! (Alternate Link if main link don't work) and install it. Run CleanUp! and click on CleanUp! button. When it asks you if you want to logoff, click on Yes.

Please download Ad-aware SE and install it if you don't have it already. Make sure it's the newest version and check for any updates before running it. Also go here to get the plug-in for fixing VX2 variants. To run this tool, go into Ad-aware->Add-ons and select VX2 Cleaner. Then click Run Tool and OK to start it. If it's clean, it will say Status System Clean. Otherwise, you will have to click on the Clean button to remove the VX2 infection. Also make sure to customize the settings in Ad-aware for better scan results. Run the scan and fix everything that it finds.

Reboot into Safe Mode (hit F8 key until menu shows up). Make sure to close any open browsers. Go into HijackThis->Config->Misc. Tools->Open process manager. Select the following and click Kill process for each one if they are still listed (they shouldn't be - but double check it):

C:\WINDOWS\System32\vnmispoisn_downloader.exe

Run a scan in HijackThis. Check each of the following and hit 'Fix checked' (after checking them) if they still exist (make sure not to miss any):

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,C:\Windo ws\System32\wsaupdater.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mswspl] C:\WINDOWS\System32\vnmispoisn_downloader.exe

Delete the following Files/Folders (delete folders if no filename is specified) according to their directory (if none, just do a search for them) and delete them if they exist:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\vnmispoisn_downloader.exe
C:\Windows\System32\wsaupdater.exe

Reboot into Normal Mode and post a new HijackThis log file so we can make sure it's clean.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/links-on-web-pages-do-not-work-30575.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I'm having a problem with Thunderbird.

When I click on links in emails, a browser does not pop up, and I am not taken to the url. The color of the link changes from blue to red, but I am not directed to the site.

I have tried installing and reinstalling the software with no progress.

By the way, I don't seem to have the problem with Netscape 7.2 mail client.

Any help appreciated.

A:Links don't work in Thunderbird

Have a look through some of these to see if you can find an answer http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=thunderbird+links+not+working&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/links-dont-work-in-thunderbird.350798/
Relevancy 44.72%

I've been trying to read some of my newsletters and I decided to click on one of the links that takes me down to the post (the bullets). This is what I get:

imgur: the simple image sharer

Normally it worked with the older version but I upgraded to Thunderbird 31.0 and it doesn't work anymore. Help?

(For a better understanding, try going to - 3 new articles and press on the first bullet location "FREE Rachael Ray Nutrish Natural Dry Cat Food Sample". Normally, it would take me to that post, but Thunderbird gives me the error in the Imgur pic above.)

A:Thunderbird Links don't work

Try right clicking the link instead then choose "Copy Link Location" from the menu. Then start your browser and paste into the address bar (Ctrl+V) and see if your browser gets the same error. If so then it's not a Thunderbird problem. Otherwise post that link here.

Additionally I'd mention a Thunderbird Add On that you can use to scan any link in an email before you click on it. You just right click to choose "Scan"

Search for it via the add ons manager and install it if you want to. It supplements your antivirus solution for scanning emails.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/340705-thunderbird-links-dont-work.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I am having problems opening up to get into links that are sent to my mailbox. It worked in the past but for the last couple of weeks it has not. When I click on a link nothing happens and would like to know why? It won't open the rapidshare links or any other links.
Your help in thi matter is greatly appreciated and hope to hear from you soon.

DolphinLadi

A:links don't work in incredimail

Hi,

Welcome to TSF!!

I would like to know a little bit more about Incredimail. Is this a stand-a-long program or is it one that is run in a browsers? If it is run in a browser then what browser are you using to open it?

If this is a stand-a-long program, when you move your mouse pointer over the link does it show a url path anywhere like in the bottom left or right corner of the program?

Cheers!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/links-dont-work-in-incredimail-348698.html
Relevancy 44.72%

When I search in Google and click on results the address turns into a long complex string and then dies I can t seem to figure out what the problem is When I turn off Java in Firefox then Google works fine I am running windows bit and Firefox Here are my logs DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by callie at on Google don't work links - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV avast Antivirus Enabled Updated B D - B-D C - E- FE FC C SP avast Antivirus Enabled Updated CF - -DA - FCE-A D DFB SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA Google links don't work C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files IDT WDM STacSV exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows system Hpservice exe C Windows system vcsFPService exe C Windows system Google links don't work svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system WLANExt exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe C Windows system conhost exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast afwServ exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Program Files DigitalPersona Bin DpHostW exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files IDT WDM AESTSr exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btwdins exe C Program Files x CinemaNow CinemaNow Media Manager CinemanowSvc exe C Windows system dlcxcoms exe C Program Files Pogoplug dokanmnt exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared HPDrvMntSvc exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch HPWMISVC exe C Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files x Symantec Norton Online Backup NOBuAgent exe C Program Files Palm Inc novacomd amd novacomd exe C Program Files x Microsoft BingBar SeaPort EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Program Files x DigitalPersona Bin DPAgent exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files DigitalPersona Bin DPAgent exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP MediaSmart SmartMenu exe C Program Files x Dell Photo AIO Printer dlcxmon exe C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe C Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe C Program Files Pogoplug ppfs exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Users callie AppData Roaming SanDisk Sansa Updater SansaDispatch exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files x McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch HPMSGSVC exe C Program Files x Browny Brother BrStMonW exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x OpenOffice org program soffice exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files x Browny BrYNSvc exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Media Webcam YCMMirage exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BtStackServer exe C Program Files x OpenOffice org program soffice bin C Windows SysWOW RunDll exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BluetoothHeadsetProxy exe C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqWmiEx exe C Program Files Windows Media Player ... Read more

A:Google links don't work

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.Run Combofix:You may be asked to install or update the Recovery Console (Win XP Only) if this happens please allow it to do so (you will need to be connected to the internet for this)Before you run Combofix I will need you to turn off any security software you have running, If you do not know how to do this you can find out >here< or >here<Combofix may need to reboot your computer more than once to do its job this is normal.You can download Combofix from one of these links.Link 1Link 2Link 3 1. Close any open browsers or any other programs that are open.2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts. When finished, it will produce a report for you. Note 1: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote 2: If you recieve an error "Illegal operation attempted on a registery key that has been marked for deletion." Please restart the computer"information and logs"In your next post I need the following
Log from Combofixlet me know of any problems you may have had
How is the computer doing now?Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/430410/google-links-dont-work/
Relevancy 44.72%

I'm running an XP on my son's computer which has an Intel 4 3 gb, and 512mb mem. Been having browser security problem, web pages coming up blank, so I've gone thru Spybot, Adaware, Cleanup, put Avg 7 on, updates, and ran it. I did a defragment with Diskeeper Lite and it's running faster, but now when I click on a link in an email there's no response.

Any suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks.

A:links in email don't work

Do you have Internet Explorer as the default browser?
Right click the Internet Explorer icon, properties and then click Programs tab.
Make sure that the Internet Explorer should check to see if it is the default check box is selected, also click Reset Web Settings button, click Apply, and then click OK.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/links-in-email-dont-work.362881/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a problem that I am sure has a simple solution, I just don't know what it is.

I cannot click on web links from my pc based application on my Dell Laptop Inspiron 6000.

For example applications that have link capabilities like. Excel, Word, Outlook etc.

When I click on

On Outlook when I click on a link it opens my file folder locater.

In another it says "could not point the web browser at the link"

This is a minor but annoying issue.

If anyone has any insight I would be most appreciative.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-pc-based-web-links-dont-work-please-help.706680/
Relevancy 44.72%

I ve just bought a new hp desktop do Why work dont right and some links IE8 some that has Win home prem bit and IE preloaded I m running IE bit On some websites I have encountered typical underlined hyperlinks that do nothing at all when I click on them but if I click on other links on exactly the same page the links work properly and I navigate to the site or page correctly This is occurring with no Why do some IE8 links work right and some dont apparent pattern I can detect and I m quite sure it is occurring on web pages I Why do some IE8 links work right and some dont ve used with no problems at all running my old puter with Win XP Pro SP and IE I have not explored whether or not I have any special software like java or flash I don t even know what those programs are I expected Win and IE to work right right out of the box yeah right and they re not What am I doing wrong or what do I need to download and install to fix this annoying problem nbsp

A:Why do some IE8 links work right and some dont

Can you show us a few examples of the websites with the faulty links?

You most definitely need Java Runtime Environment and the Adobe Flash Player to benefit from what the Web has to offer.

Java Runtime Environment 1.6.0_23

Adobe Flash Player for IE

Adobe Flash Player for non-IE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-do-some-ie8-links-work-right-and-some-dont.969025/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have winXP with IE 6.0.2900xp2.
Many sites I go have buttons/links which should open in a new window like image. Also, some sites will have button which if I put mouse on will write below as "javascipt:....".
In my IE none of above work whereas in my hosp computer all such link work. I am using norton antivrus and firewall.
Please help

A:java links will not work

this is sometimes due to a pop up blocker do you hold shift dwn to overide it? if you do, try pressing control instead its a different form of overide.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/java-links-will-not-work-80641.html
Relevancy 44.72%

EDIT Closing thread answering log in correct Security Forum Hi I have a problem The first part is not really important as I just right click and use copy shortcut But in my e-mail if I click won't work links download on a link nothing will open If I click on a download link again nothing will open And if i want to go to yahoo games I can get everywhere but to the room I have been using the msn browser with the butterfly as my IE doesn't work for any of this This use to work I'm totally unable to solve this It's only been last couple of weeks I thought perhaps it was an active x problem but I know nothing about active x I did have an attempt at hijacking browser and a worm came to visit sighs But have been able to remove both I also downloaded spysweeper about the same time so I really don't know what caused this I did notice in other places you want copies of Hijack this so I have downloaded this and here download links won't work it is Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files PTBSync PTBSync exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security pccguide exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C Program Files Kerio Personal Firewall kpf ss exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PcCtlCom exe C Program Files Kerio Personal Firewall kpf gui exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System Tablet exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN Tmntsrv exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN tmproxy exe C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Kerio Personal Firewall kpf gui exe C Program Files Paltalk paltalk exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YPager exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files MSN MSNCoreFiles msn exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader AcroRd exe C WINDOWS system wisptis exe C Program Files Brother PE-DESIGN Ver Embmake exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C PROGRA INTERN iexplore exe C HJT HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO WebBar Class - A -F B- C -A -CDA CEC DC B - C PROGRA ADVANC ADVANC DLL file missing O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run PTBSync C Program Files PTBSync PTBSync exe Start O - HKLM Run pccguide exe quot C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security pccguide exe quot O - HKLM Run PCBG C PROGRA INTRIG pcbodyguard exe start O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run SpySweeper quot C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe quot O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks... Read more

A:download links won't work

If I was you I would try a different browser.

Firefox, My favoirte browser.
http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affi...&id=15903&t=79

Opera Also a good browser
http://opera.com

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/download-links-wont-work-25406.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Best example is with emails that have links embedded. e.g. Tiger Direct and their offerings. Get their downloads OK but then unable to execute their linked items for info. This is just an example. Links at other programs do not execute.

I've looked at several things to do and tried F8 "Return to Last Known good config" but not sure now have "Last". Do find at system/imaging devices/2 unknown device lines. A check of the Device Status shows at both "drivers not installed". Looking at the total listing of drivers don't see one that feel could be for handling links. Duh?Thanks for any help.

AL

A:Links within given (any) documents don't work

Links within emails can be a problem when IE is not your default browser.

Test to see whether the link will open if you paste it directly in the address bar. If it opens that way, try going to Start > Run, and enter:

regsvr32. ulrmon.dll

You may also need to do the rest of the drill in this article:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q281679

RESOLUTION
To resolve this problem in Internet Explorer, follow these steps: 1. Quit all programs that are running.
2. Click Start, and then click Run.
3. Type regsvr32 urlmon.dll, and then click OK.
4. When you receive the "DllRegisterServer in urlmon.dll succeeded" message, click OK.

If this does not resolve the problem, repeat steps 2 through 4 for each of the following files (in step 3, replace Urlmon.dll with each of the file names below):
&#8226; Shdocvw.dll
&#8226; Actxprxy.dll
&#8226; Oleaut32.dll
&#8226; Mshtml.dll
&#8226; Browseui.dll
&#8226; Shell32.dllClick to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/links-within-given-any-documents-dont-work.638943/
Relevancy 44.72%

Just updated Internet Explorer. These are new problems:

1) On Outlook Express e-mail, when I click on an underlined link, it will not open Internet explorer and direct to that site.

2) Some websites are not working the way they used to. For example, I've used Mapquest for years successfully to get directions. Now it doesn't proceed past the information page where you enter starting and ending addresses.

I think that these problems all have a tie to the new Internet Explorer that was just updated.

I have Windows xp.

A:Underlined links don't work

Hello and Welcome to TSF

Lets start with the repairing the hyperlinks first

1. Go to Start / Run
2. Then enter regsvr32 urlmon.dll
3. Click Ok when finished
4. If that single change does not resolve the problem, repeat the process by running regsrv32 with the following dll files.

* Shdocvw.dll
* Msjava.dll
* Actxprxy.dll
* Oleaut32.dll
* Mshtml.dll
* Browseui.dll
* Shell32.dll (Windows XP and Windows 2000 only)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/underlined-links-dont-work-229188.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I am installing programs on a new computer. I use Mozilla Firefox and Moxilla Thunderbird email client. The browser works ok but the links in Thunderbird don't work. Is there a setting that controls this?

A:Thunderbird links don't work

Are you talking about the links you type in a message or the links to go to other sections of Thunderbird? If its the links you type, they show in your sent file once sent but appear as normal text as you type. Everyone else will get them as links.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/thunderbird-links-dont-work.393212/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi all you gurus,
A problem has recently surfaced on my computer (Win XP Pro, with SP2). when I click on a link in any other program except IE7 or Firefox, a message comes up, i.e.
"The operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator".
I am the administrator - how can I correct this problem.
I look forward hearing from you.
Happy New Year!

A:Links Do Not Work From Outlook

To make web pages open again when you click links in emails: * Make sure neither Outlook Express nor Internet Explorer are open. * Select Control Panel from the Start menu. * Click Internet Options. o If you do not see Internet Options right away, click Network and Internet Connections before. * Go to the Programs tab. * Make sure Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default browser is checked. * Click OK. * Close Internet Explorer. * Re-open Internet Explorer. * Click Yes when asked Internet Explorer asks "Internet Explorer is not currently your default browser. Would you like to make it your default browser?" o If Internet Explorer does not ask: o Close Internet Explorer o Select My Computer from the Start menu. o Choose Tools | Folder Options... from the menu. o Go to the File Types tab. o Highlight (NONE) URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol. o Click Advanced. o Highlight open. o Click Remove. o Click Yes. o Click OK. o Now click Close. o Start Internet Explorer. * If you use a browser other than Internet Explorer, start it and make sure it is the new default. The above does not work? Try this: * Now select Run... from the Start menu. * Type "iexplore /rereg". * Click OK. Or, if that fails, continue with: * Select Run... from the Start menu. * Type "regsvr32 urlmon.dll". * Click OK. * Click OK again. * Repeat the Start | Run... procedure with the following commands in this order, maybe checking after each for returning function: o "regsvr32 shdocvw.dll" o "regsvr32 mshtml.dll" o "regsvr32 browseui.dll"

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/76395/links-do-not-work-from-outlook/
Relevancy 44.72%

i have ie and use comcast almost exclusively I have a Dell dimension Lately after reinstalling windows and all updates and SP s I am finding that sometimes the links are not working right ON the Comcast home page and not working on way too many safe websites and I doubt that it could be a security thing I am pretty much if not all on default for all my settings If I log out then log back in to Comcast ie then they work but then once in awhile not for some reason it was a bit of a problem work why me IE the Solved: links please, sometimes do tell in not reinstalling this time several errors during it but before the reinstall I still was having probs with IE in about the same nusiancei way I would appreciate any suggestions on what could possibly be happening I have had this puter since about I had to replace the battery not too long ago and I have increased RAM or mem to mb I am not sure I should send a HJT log without being asked for one Hope to find a kind and gentle genius to help out with mykind of advanced in using it beginner in tech stuff situation oh and I have aol but I am not surethat matters actually its installed and the kids use it almost exclusively limited accouts of course thanks y all bad nbsp

A:Solved: tell me please, why sometimes the links do not work in IE

baddracula: You say that you have "reinstalled" windows. That's a fuzzy term. Windows can be "reinstalled" with either a "repair install", or a "clean install". You can tell which it is by the answer to the following question: Did you lose ALL your personal files and ALL your added programs? If the answer is no, then you didn't do a clean install. Clean install is the way to go. I've stopped doing repair installs, as I had an annoyingly high amount of problems with the repair install. Just co-incidentally, I have the exact model Dell PC that you do. I've also increased the RAM. Mine came with ME as native, which I've since replaced with XP.

pjblevin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-tell-me-please-why-sometimes-the-links-do-not-work-in-ie.398636/
Relevancy 44.29%

Whenever I receive an email with a link it doesn't work. I can click on it all day and nothing happens. I'm using MS Outlook w/ WinME. I've also switched to OE and the same thing happens. This is for every email I receive and I receive a lot. Thanks!!

Relevancy 44.29%

hello!

Recently whenever i click a Google or Bing link, it takes me to some other site with my search in it. Sometimes the links work but most of the time they do not. Is this some type of virus or something? im running a Symntec virus scan right now to see if anything comes up but i doubt anything will. Any help on how to fix this would be great!!

Thanks,

Anthony

A:Google, Bing links don't work?

Welcome aboard Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.=============================================================================Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.=============================================================================Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop. * Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When completed, a log will open in Notepad. * Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt=============================================================================Please download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and be sure to re-enable your anti-virus, Firewall and any other security programs you had disabled.IMPORTANT! If for some reason GMER refuses to run, try again.If it still fails, try to UN-check "Devices" in right pane.If still no joy, try to run it from Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/416465/google-bing-links-dont-work/
Relevancy 44.29%

When I click on a link in an e-mail in Outlook 2007, I receive the following message:

"This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on your computer. Please contact your system administrator."

I am the administrator on my computer. I'm running Windows Vista. I tried doing what's listed at http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm as far as web settings and regedit. Outlook and IE are set as the default programs. I also tried running a Repair on MS Office 2007. No luck. This problem did not occur prior to this morning, and I have had this machine since March 2007.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jill

A:Outlook 2007 Links Don't Work

This is caused by not having a web browser set as the default browser. I was having the same problem and I set IE as the default browser and bam it works again. Not sure if you set something other browser as your default

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-links-dont-work.780853/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi,

I tried searching online for a solution but I only get results aimed at people making their own pdfs.

I am trying to open links in pdfs from pther people.

And in most cases, the cursor doesn't even change. It still looks like a text cursor. And even when it changes to a pointing hand, the link still doesn't work.

I kept thinking it was the producers' faults, but is it my computer or Adobe Reader.

Rather than suggest another reader, can Adobe Reader be made to link properly first?

I always keep Adobe Reader updated.

thanks

A:Links don't work in any pdfs I download

For a test, create a PDF document with a hyperlink yourself - e.g. with Word. Then check whether that works with Adobe. Then you will at least know whether that is an Adobe problem or a problem with the PDF docs you receive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/178168-links-dont-work-any-pdfs-i-download.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Somehow i cant click on links. A message pops up and says im missing C:\Program Files\SlimBrowser\sbrowser.exe
Please repond to this.. wont work

A:Pressing on Web Links dont work for ME!!

Do you use Slimbrowser?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pressing-on-web-links-dont-work-for-me.261224/
Relevancy 44.29%

Forgive me kinda blond at this but I have a fairly new verison of Vista tell me where to look for the version and IE running Moments after we installed it a few months back there was a trojan bug thing that kept playing this radio announcer voice in the background and we had to open (links windows have New work... won't C&P) don't I a HECKUVA time getting rid of it Finally that's gone but even since then we've had troubles opening up new New windows won't open (links don't work... I have to C&P) windows About of the time I'll click a link in an email or website or what have you and a new window WILL open the address is visible but it will just churn and think Never actually open the site I will also clikc the quot new window quot tab next to the open one top left below my favorites bar and THAT will usually sit and churn for a while too I have a google task bar thing on the popup does not seem to be the culprit My firewall is PC Tools Plus Um what else do you need to know I just want to stop copying and pasting every single thing A-a-a-a-annoying THANK YOU

A:New windows won't open (links don't work... I have to C&P)

Hello Trixie,

Welcome to Vista Forums.

Have you tried it without add-ons? Sounds like one of them may be causing problems. Not in Vista at the moment, but think it's in Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > IE (no add-ons)

Hope this helps.

Gary

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/258016-new-windows-wont-open-links-dont-work-i-have-c-p.html
Relevancy 44.29%

If any of you have any idea or can help, please do.
I have tried everything with no luck.
I simply can't open a new window after clicking on a link.
I tried regsvr32 with all the files mentioned in the Microsoft website (and other sites)..
I tried downloading older versions of urlmon.dll (i dont even know if the problem is that file)...
I even tried to uninstall and then reinstall IE6.
nothing helped.
I am using win XP Pro, IE6 SP1.

Please help, I'm desperate.

Thank you.

Relevancy 44.29%

My computer's sound system works great, but when I click on an audio link online it stays quiet. I've tried several links and none will play. I've tried updating the driver and checking all the sound settings that I know about.

I have a Hewlett-Packard HPE-590t with Realtek High Definition Audio. Does anyone have any idea?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/380518-online-audio-links-dont-work.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Win 7 home premium 32 bit
IE8
Mcafee Total Protection 4

Converted over from Vista 32 bit and all was working fine except for a secure website issue (another post re this soon). To er fix I thought a reset of IE was called for so did it.

Something happened and all HyperText Transfer Protocol links say the blue ones on the page in the body of the text will not open the page.

see www.overclockers.com.au and the blue active links in the news do not open.

I confirme dthis on several other sites.so wonder what setting is necessary to activate this.

The protocol is defaulted to IE in the associations

Any thoughts appreciated.

Did a search and bogged down at about 4 pages deep

A:IE8 web page links fail to work

Hi Peacekeeper

I had a simular problem with IE8, various links would not work, I disabled protected mode and functionality returned.
Hopes this helps

Abedrax

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/34390-ie8-web-page-links-fail-work.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello, All. I use Vista's Windows Mail and Firefox IS my default browser; that much is for sure. The weird thing is, many links in emails TRY to open in IE instead, but always FAIL to do so, telling me the site can't be found. Some links don't work at all. If I copy/paste the link into FF, no problem; the site opens fine. Yes, the obvious thing would be to suspect FF is not the default browser but it is. Is my computer possessed by demons? It is an Acer Aspire 5100 lappy.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/links-in-windows-mail-wont-work.850548/
Relevancy 44.29%

I think I must have turned something off as some links work, but most don't. I used to fill out surveys but now can't get to them unless I copy the link, got to explorer and paste and go from there to the link.Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:outlook express links don't work

Is Internet Explorer set as your default browser?
To set Internet Explorer to be the default Internet Browser, follow these steps:
Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
Double-click the Internet or Internet Options icon, and then click Programs.
Make sure that the Internet Explorer should check to see if it is the default check box is selected, click Apply, and then click OK.
Open Internet Explorer, and then click Yes when you receive the following prompt:
Internet Explorer is not currently your default browser. Do you wish to make it the default?
Links in e-mail messages should then open Internet Explorer.

If that doesn't work:
Tools at the top of this page. Choose Internet Options.
In Options, Advanced tab.
At the bottom, RESET Internet Explorer Settings. (I've used this method several times, it has always worked for me)

Resetting IE will change your home page to MSN, but you can easily change it back to whatever you currently use.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/192025/outlook-express-links-dont-work/
Relevancy 44.29%

When I create a desktop shortcut for a link to an internet site, nothing happens when I click on the icon.

Also, my desktop icons are constantly getting rearranged. I've chosen "Lock Items on Desktop" but that doesn't seem to work.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

[email protected]

Relevancy 44.29%

Which ever place I get mail. Windstream, Hotmail, Windows Live Mail; when I receive a email with a link to click on it tells me can't do it check default programs. I did and it didn't help. I think these are called hyper links.
I ran sfc /scannow, no problem found.
I'm always running security scans, no problems found.
I have no problems with hyper links except in mail I received.

A:email hyper links won't work.

sounds browser related to me , what browser are you using
and could you post a screenshot

also have a look at this ,
http://www.timeatlas.com/5_minute_ti...s_fail_to_work

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/187237-email-hyper-links-wont-work.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I am running XP Home on a Dell desktop with 768 megs of ram. In Internet Explorer when I try to access some links the progress bar moves slowly and stalls at 5 bars (out of 11). This does not happen all the time but often enough to be very frustrating. I can't figure out why.