Windows Support Forum

Cannot find certain programs in the modern UI

Q: Cannot find certain programs in the modern UI

When I search for certain programs in the modern UI they don't come up, they don't even come up when I go on all apps. The only one I can open them is by going into C:\Program Files (x86) and finding the program in there. Can someone please help me? Thanks.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Cannot find certain programs in the modern UI

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Cannot find certain programs in the modern UI

I know this isn't really helping but in some cases, they won't show up at all. I've been using Windows 8 on my laptops in beta form, RTM for over a year now and the sad truth is the modern UI is broken.
Example is I usually install SQL 2012 first, then VS 2010. There is no amount of searching display the results. In this example, SQL 2012 uses VS 2010 as a shell. Many things do. In order to open it up, I would have to search for SQL Server Data Tools in order to open up VS because doesn't that just sounds like visual studio?
Silly isn't it.
Do yourself a favor and install a start button

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/cannot-find-certain-programs-in-the-modern-ui-678135.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey guys I remember the feature on Windows where you could choose quot Hide icon and notifications quot which would well hide both the icons and notifications I know you can easily hide the icon for non-Modern Metro programs by just dragging it to the area inside the icon I've done that for Malwarebytes Anti-Malware but yet if it blocks something I still get a nagging notification saying it did so For the time being I've just turned notifications off inside of MBAM as it gives that option but not every "Hide non-Modern for and option icon programs? notification" program lets you do that A "Hide icon and notification" option for non-Modern programs? lot just force the notifications on you When I look in Settings it says quot no apps have requested notifications yet quot because I assume that only applies to Metro Modern apps Other programs sort-of have their own way of doing it Or WILL they for sure show up in Settings if they use the quot normal quot Windows notification method MBAM does its notifications differently from most but I remember that in Windows I COULD get rid of them just by choosing quot hide icon and notifications quot from the Windows options

A:"Hide icon and notification" option for non-Modern programs?

Hi, it took me a while to understand quite what you were referring to.. I think the same functionality is there, just rather oddly available between a mix of rt click on the taskbar and part of Settings, as shown:

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/38874-hide-icon-notification-option-non-modern-programs.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello guys, i got a BSOD, got it many times in a row, i think it's my ATI drivers, but i'm not sure, could you check it and tell me how to fix?

It's just restarting after a while of playing, after that it's turning on telling me that windows recovered from an unexpected shutdown, after it dumped all of the memory i can't turn it on for like 10 minutes, if i try to turn it on then it imediately turns off again. After waiting ~10 minutes it can be turned on again.

My Specs:
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
Intel Pentium Processor T4400(2.2 GHz, 800 MHz FSB)
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650
4GB RAM

It's a laptop, Acer Aspire 5738ZG to be exact.

Relevancy 43.43%

Hi, i don't quite know if i'm in the right forum but I'm having an issue opening programes in vista. None of my shortcuts seem to work properly. For example, i click on Microsoft word and it tells me to locate a program to open it with. Then i have to go into my program files and look it up manually, but it doesn't remember it, i have to do the same thing every time. On some programs it tells me that the program file can't be located but i've checked and it is physically there. Help please :/

Katie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/it-cant-find-my-programs.997190/
Relevancy 43.43%

Where and how do you access your programs in windows 8. I have been looking all day, and found nothing, if you want to run the disc clean up, I can't find it.

A:Can't find Programs

If you're using the metro UI, they're in plain sight. Just scroll to the right if you cant see them yet. Otherwise with the standard desktop, they are exactly where they used to be - in Program files or (if you want to uninstall) in Control pane- programs and features.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/2248-cant-find-programs.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I have windows 7 and I recently noticed that I am unable to find some of my programs. The only place I've figured out where I can view all my programs is the uninstall section in control panel. Two programs that I have but cant find in 'all programs' in the start menu are: Cyberlink youcam and windows media player

Ironically, windows media player is my dvd default, so I definately have the program, but there is no icon that I can find anywhere!
Is there a place I can see the list of all my programs for real and the get them to be in the start menu?

Thanks

Relevancy 43.43%

How does one find all programs in Windows 8?

A:How Find All Programs?

start screen
hover bottom right and click down arrow

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/72394-how-find-all-programs.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I like to press the Windows Key and start typing the name of the program I'm trying to open This works for most of my major programs and games but find Search programs not does certain certain executables and files will not show up in the search results It is usually smaller programs The one Search does not find certain programs that is bothering me at this moment is VoluMouse C Program Files x Volumouse volumouse exe If I just type Volumouse into the search bar it says no results Even pressing enter brings up a big white metro search screen that also says no results If I type the entire directory path into the search then Search does not find certain programs it finds it no problem Also if I pin the application to the start menu then just typing Volu into the search finds it right away The problem is I don't want a lot of icons crowding up my start menu Is there any way to force windows to remember this executable without pinning it to start Thanks

A:Search does not find certain programs

Go into Desktop mode and open up File Explorer.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/70640-search-does-not-find-certain-programs.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Alright, this might sound as a stupid question, but I'm not able to find some of my installed programs (neither in Metro nor with the searching function at the top right corner).
The only way I can find 'em is by going to the installed location.
e.g. ?torrent

Thanks in advance.

A:How to find installed programs

Hello Abdullah, and welcome to Eight Forums.

Usually installed programs will create a shortcut to be listed in your Apps screen.
Apps Screen - Open in Windows 8
If not, then you could go to installed location to create a shortcut from the program's .exe file to use where you like, or "Pin to Start" or "Pin to Taskbar" the .exe file.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/31691-how-find-installed-programs.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a problem, but I'm not sure if it's due to Windows 7:

There is a test SW running on Windows 7 and a system under test on a board.
It seems that there are sudden 1 - 3 second gaps in the messaging between the board and the test SW.
It seems to happen 1 - 3 times during a 1,5 hour run.

Does anyone know a good way to find out if it's Windows 7, and if it is, what in Windows 7?

[edit]

I forgot to mention that the connection uses a separate NIC and it's UDP/IP by IP-addresses.
No DNS or DHCP is involved. The connection is set up as a persistent routing using ROUTE-command.

A:How to find out which programs are using the resources?

Hello turbo just for a try -

WinDirStat - Windows Directory Statistics

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/286459-how-find-out-programs-using-resources.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I just reinstalled WIN XP Pro, and now I sitll have the programs on the hard drive, but nothing in the "START / All Programs" menu. I recall on other Win OSs' that they had a "search for installed Program" option. Does Win XP pro have anything like that ?
I am aware some programs will have to be re-installed due to regeistration issues. I am hoping not too many.
Pete

Relevancy 42.57%

Could someone tell me how to search for all programs that are running on my computer. I remember seeing a post about going into RUN in the start menu, and typing in something that will list all programs currentlt running, but I can't seem to find the post again. Thanks for any help.

A:How to find all running programs.

Run taskmgr or right-click on the task bar > task manager or Ctrl-Alt-Del.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-find-all-running-programs.499932/
Relevancy 42.57%

The only thing I can find is right clicking the start button and clicking programs, but all this does is bring up the uninstall screen, which has no option for simply opening programs. I need a start button like on Seven. Windows 8.1 is what I have

A:How do I find and open Programs?

Classic Shell:

Classic Shell - Start menu and other Windows enhancements

Choose display as menu for all.

Start button:

Download your own Start Orbs to get a custom Start Button.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/43311-how-do-i-find-open-programs.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi I have been using Windows for a couple of weeks now Every now and then I get a pop up window that tells me I am running to How find help antivirus please programs multiple antivirus programs and that this can affect the security and performance of my laptop I have installed Bitdefender Antivirus Plus because I'd paid for this and used it on How to find antivirus programs help please my old PC When I installed BD it automatically uninstalled the supplied Norton stuff I have also uninstalled Norton using Add or Remove Programs Norton's own uninstall tool and I How to find antivirus programs help please believe I've cleaned up the Registry using CCleaner although I'm not absolutely certain what all the functions do with CCleaner I still get this pop up message which is worrying me When I click on the message it then takes me to another window that prompts me to uninstall Bitdefender But I don't want to do this especially as I don't know what other security software is still on my laptop Windows Defender is turned off I have tried everything I can think of to try and find somewhere on Win where it tells me what antivirus software I am running but I can't find anything Bitdefender tells me that it is running fine with no issues Where can I look on Win to tell me what antivirus spyware software is currently running I have tried all the areas I can think of in the Control Panel but just can't find it If I can find these programs I may be able to remove whatever is causing this problem I have attached some screen prints if these are helpful Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated Kind regards Adam

A:How to find antivirus programs help please

Can you system restore back to before you installed BD? If yes, then do so and uninstall Norton using the uninstaller on the Norton website. Then, reinstall BD if you want.

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/18213-how-find-antivirus-programs-help-please.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a compacq Evo 310. It is very slow, almost to the point of not running. I get a message to report at the beginning of startup. It reads hkcmd.module. I goggled it and found it is a SP2 problem with compacq Evo 310. I am told to turn off the Hotkey, Intel extreme graphics. Or down load the video chip. This uses 99% of the CPU. How can I tell what is running on the computer. It tells me there is 1 program running. How can I tell if I have this driver? It is a file hkcmd.exe. I am told to remove this file.
I am just learning how to get into this part of the computer.

A:How to find programs/files

Run Msconfig, go to the startup tab, uncheck HotKeysCmds and reboot. This will stop hkcmd.exe from running at startup, hopefully that will help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-find-programs-files.617207/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi, i don't quite know if i'm in the right forum but I'm having an issue opening programes in vista. None of my shortcuts seem to work properly. For example, i click on Microsoft word and it tells me to locate a program to open it with. Then i have to go into my program files and look it up manually, but it doesn't remember it, i have to do the same thing every time. On some programs it tells me that the program file can't be located but i've checked and it is physically there. Help please :/

Katie

A:Solved: It can't find my programs!?

Try this fix: LNK Fix

Unzip the fix and extract the .REG file to the Desktop. Right-click the .REG file and choose Merge. Note that you need to be an Administrator to apply this fix.

Reboot the computer.

If the fix only opens as a text file, right-click it and select Open With > Choose Program... Then, select the Registry Editor.

If the Registry Editor is not in the list, browse to C:\WINDOWS and select regedit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-it-cant-find-my-programs.997189/
Relevancy 42.14%

I successfully installed 2 programs on my laptop yet can't find them anywhere. I'm using windows 7 64 bit. I've checked the system files, used search but still nada! Yet when I slide in the installation cd and click install I'm prompted to repair or uninstall which confirms the install was successful. Even downloading software does the same thing. Where the hell can it be then?

Any help would be great!

Thanks.

Ray

A:I successfully installed 2 programs yet can't find them anywhere.

What software?

Post a link.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/381781-i-successfully-installed-2-programs-yet-cant-find-them-anywhere.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I need to find a way to get the keys from programs already installed so that if I ever need to re image the computer I still have them.
Here is a list of what I need to figure out how to get keys from:
Microsoft Office Pro 2010
Adobe CS4
Bejeweld 2 Deluxe
Diablo II
Quicken 2009
Zuma's Revenge
I dont know if theres a method to look at any keys installed on a computer or if you have to figure out how to do each one individually.

A:How to find the keys for installed programs

You could try SIW 2011 Home Edition , scroll down the webpage, near the bottom.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/462737/how-to-find-the-keys-for-installed-programs/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi i can only access the internet through safemode w/ networking and in regular mode i cant open ie or firefox. when i open a program such as spybot i cant close the program. ive scanned with avast and end up freezing somewhere through it at different spots everytime. spybot finds nothing...What is wrong?. please help my computer is fairly new and im only 16 cannot figuire out how to fix this

A:programs freeze cant find virus

Hello and welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/programs-freeze-cant-find-virus-337994.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi,

My startup list shows these two programs - jobsend.exe and vuvax.exe. I have no idea what they are. A search of Google shows no results for either of them. I would be obliged if anyone could shed some light on the matter. Ed.

Relevancy 42.14%

hi just posted this in security but i m not sure if it s a security issue Hi i am writing this with all sorts of warnings around the screen everytime i start my PC i get the quot whatever quot has encountered a problem and needs to close i get this message for Internet Explorer Windows exporer and Outlook express all about minute after opening i can still use internet explorer as demonstrated by me typing this with the error message in the background also a couple of background programs have ended Window washer Hard disk cleaning utility but that s after about minutes i had received a couple of Virus messages from Norton why? and shutting i can't find down Programs Solved: in the last few days one Solved: Programs shutting down and i can't find why? was deleted the other wasn t but when i scanned again both were gone they were a trojan horse but cannot remember name my running processes are Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security NISUM EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Solved: Programs shutting down and i can't find why? SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system UAService exe C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C Program Files Norton Internet Solved: Programs shutting down and i can't find why? Security ccPxySvc exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Webroot Washer wwDisp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Com Com Wireless USB Utility Wlan exe C Program Files Evidence Eliminator ee exe C Program Files GhostSurf Scheduler daemon exe C PROGRA NORTON navw exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS system dwwin exe C WINDOWS system dwwin exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Password Manager AcctMgr exe C WINDOWS system dwwin exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exe C DOCUME Richard LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Virgin net O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe Consumer... Read more

Relevancy 42.14%

Hi

I'm going to be upgrading my Hard drive really soon(100GB is awful small)

I lost my Microsoft office 2007 box

How would I find out what the code is I used to activate the program for when I installed it.

I think the code was in that White envolpe but I usally keep them in a CD case

Also would the steps be the same for other programs I have installed so i can write down the codes if I can't find the box.

Thanks

A:How can I find the activation codes I used for programs

Maybe you can do a system backup to an external, and restore on to your new HDD.
There are programs out there that claim they can retrieve hte keys, I don't know how reliable they are...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-find-the-activation-codes-i-used-for-programs.132500/
Relevancy 42.14%

I'm not sure how to exactly phrase this but I'll be as detailed as I can be I own a Toshiba laptop that runs on Windows Vista Just about minutes ago while I was browsing online manually them have not to I Programs working are , find a pop up came up saying update exe or something like that and I accidently clicked no I thought it was a pop up scam that Programs are not working , I have to manually find them came off the website I was on but then literally right after my AVG popped up saying threat detected and I moved it to vault immediately The issue is that right after I moved it to vault the icons on my desktop somehow got messed up I usually have the windows sidetask bar open and visable but it disappeared Also along the bottom of the screen next to the time I usually have atleast programs there Avg cleaners etc but theres only the time internet conn batt life that's there now SO the main issue I found was when I went to open up Mozilla I only use this that it pops up with quot open with quot then a list of a few programs and then I can browse to find other programs I located a FEW of the programs and matched them up but I have to do this for every single thing I open ex messenger avg itunes anything AND the thing is every time I click for the program to run it pops up quot open with quot then I chose EVERY SINGLE TIME I know theres obviously something wrong I have no idea on how to fix it I've only managed to get a few programs that I use to work ex MOZILLA Is there any advice on how to fix this Is this very complicated I'm not tech savy but I'd like for this problem to be fixed if there's any way If not I'm fully prepared to just save all my files to my external and reboot But I haven't rebooted any of my computers in over years and cant remember how If I was to reboot which seems much easier in my opinion do I need the cd's that came with the laptop I beleive I should still have them but there is nothing else I would need right All I would need to do is copy all my files and reboot and redownload my programs later Will there be any problems like this even after I reboot

A:Programs are not working , I have to manually find them

Run the EXE file association fix - http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...s-restore.html

Then have your system reviewed by a Security Analyst.

Please follow these steps - http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/programs-are-not-working-i-have-to-manually-find-them-570665.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello, I just realized that my Add or Remove Programs list has been shortened by quite a bit. I'm trying to uninstall one of my programs, but it's not listed. The program also doesn't have its own uninstaller. Is there any way i can get it to show on the Add/Remove Programs list again? It was there when i first installed it...

(I'm using WinXP Home w/ Media center)

Thanks.

A:Can't find a program in Add/Remove Programs

What program are you trying to remove?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-find-a-program-in-add-remove-programs-85631.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I successfully installed 2 programs on my laptop yet can't find them anywhere. I'm using windows 7 64 bit. I've checked the system files, used search but still nada! Yet when I slide in the installation cd and click install I'm prompted to repair or uninstall which confirms the install was successful. Even downloading software does the same thing. Where the hell can it be then?

Any help would be great!

Thanks.

Ray

A:I successfully installed 2 programs yet can't find them anywhere.

What software?

Post a link.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/381781-i-successfully-installed-2-programs-yet-cant-find-them-anywhere.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I am trying to remove a program from my computer, its Superantispyware, however I cannot find the program listed in add/remove programs. Very weird! Has anyone ever heard of this happening before? Is this an issue with this particular program? It was recommended to me on this forum, but I decided to stick with Spyware Dr instead. Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated!!

Relevancy 42.14%

Hi Mary here, I am stumped..xp home edition, servjce pack 3, Intel, Pentium 4 cpu, 3.00GHz,299GHz, 1.00gb of Ram. Installed Qwest wireless, updated Windows explorer 8.0, now computer can't find CD player, nor a lot of my regularly used programs, takes a long time to search, then freezes.. Tried running the tools to clean it up, won't work.. will not defrag. it is up and running and can access the internet, and some programs. Have norton virus and ran that..it says its ok. HELP

Relevancy 42.14%

Hi My computer began acting strange last week while on facebook All of the sudden it shut down without errors or warning When I restarted the computer I received an error message wich contained the name of a file I can t remember the name of now It was something like a sasser or sassav virus The file name only came up once and flashed so quickly I wasnt able to capture it I ran AVG to look for any viruses it completed the scan and saif zero viruses were detected I then ran Malwarebytes to check for have it I I virus security a my find programs cant but know Help malware programs but no malicious software was Help I know I have a virus but my security programs cant find it detected either I ran CC Cleaner but still Help I know I have a virus but my security programs cant find it encounted the problem of my system shutting off without Help I know I have a virus but my security programs cant find it warning I decided to do a system restore to a check point a few days earlier The system restore said it was successful and I was able to start up into windows all week All of the sudden again last night the system crashed again without warning when I restarted MSN signed on automatically and immediately began asking me to add msn users to my friends list I kept denying but an error would come up saying I could not block these users I don t know if that had anything to do with the virus but it seemed strange seeing that I don t know any of the users MSN was trying to force me to add So I disabled MSN Messenger from startup to avoid the prompts to add people I then attempted to do another system restore this time the system restore hung up at restart I had to turn off the computer myself and when I restarted the system restore dialogue box appeared but with nothing insode of it It was blank No words etc No information as to wether the restore worked or not I restarted in safe mode at that point and tried to undo the last system resore When I selected that choice it took me to the next screen which just had a blank calendar box no dates or check points available So I do not have the option to do a system restore anymore I tried going into msconfig startup to see if statemanager was checked but statemanager is not even listed One other oddity I suspect is related to this virus is that when I go to the web and type an address in the URL bar I loose my cursor anywhere else on the page I can only type in address bar not in search boxes or login screens Very frustrated at this point as my computer continues to get wierder and wierder Any suggestions would be appreciated nbsp

A:Help I know I have a virus but my security programs cant find it

one more thing, I am using Win XP svc pk 2, and IE 7. Thanks again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-i-know-i-have-a-virus-but-my-security-programs-cant-find-it.928184/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello, I just realized that my Add or Remove Programs list has been shortened by quite a bit. I'm trying to uninstall one of my programs, but it's not listed. Is there any way i can get it to show on the Add/Remove Programs list again? It was there when i first installed it...
I am trying to remove Eset NOD32. The program have its own uninstaller, but when i click on it it says "This action is only valid for products that are currently installed." but the program is installed and running.

(I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium SP2)

Thanks.

A:Can't find a program in Add/Remove Programs

Hi and welcome to TSF see if the info here is of any help How do I uninstall or reinstall ESET Smart Security/ESET NOD32 Antivirus? (4.x) - ESET Knowledgebase

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-find-a-program-in-add-remove-programs-664924.html
Relevancy 42.14%

i can connect to my internet browser fine but evreytime i use a program and i need to connect to the internet it says no connection
any suggestions

and i recently reinstalled windows vista home premuim

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/204237-programs-cant-find-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi i can only access the internet through safemode w networking and in regular mode i cant open ie or firefox when i open a program such as spybot i cant close the program ive scanned with avast and end up freezing somewhere through it at different spots everytime spybot finds nothing What is freeze virus cant find programs wrong please help my computer is fairly new and im only cannot figuire out how to fix this DDS Ver - - - NTFSx NETWORK Run by Administrator at on Thu Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV avast antivirus VPS - On-access scanning enabled Updated Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C DOCUME ADMINI LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory programs freeze cant find virus for gmer zip gmer exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C DOCUME ADMINI Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp global acer com BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot SDHelper dll BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - No File BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google googletoolbar dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll TB Acer eDataSecurity Management cbe b c- e - e-a dd- db e - c windows system eDStoolbar dll TB amp Google c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google googletoolbar dll uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun LaunchApp Alaunch mRun RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE mRun SkyTel SkyTel EXE mRun lt NO NAME gt mRun SMSERIAL sm hlpr exe mRun D-Link Wireless G WDA- c program files d-link wireless g wda- AirGCFG exe mRun ANIWZCS Service c program files ani aniwzcs service WZCSLDR exe mRun avast c progra alwils avast ashDisp exe mRun Windows Defender quot c program files windows defender MSASCui exe quot -hide mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime qttask exe quot -atboottime dRun MSMSGS quot c program files messenger msmsgs exe quot background dRun DWQueuedReporting quot c progra common micros dw dwtrig exe quot -t StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup acerwl lnk - c program files acer wlan g usb dongle ZDWlan exe StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup adober lnk - c program files adobe acrobat reader reader sl exe IE AD F C-ED - e -B D - B F A EF - c program files pokerstars PokerStarsUpdate exe IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe IE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D - c progra micros office REFIEBAR DLL IE DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - - F - D - - D F - c progra spybot SDHelper dll DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF - hxxp download microsoft com download b d bdc ef- a f- - fb -d d d e LegitCheckControl cab DPF F F FB - E- - E -F B A - hxxp gamedownload ijjimax com gamedownload dist hgstart HGPlugin USA cab DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C - hxxp update microsoft com windowsupdate v V Controls en x client wuweb site cab DPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF FFBE D- C C- - BD- DC B C - hxxp fpdownload macromedia com get flashplayer current ultrashim cab DPF C F A B-B B - A -B - EE B - hxxp messenger zone msn com binary MessengerStatsPAClient cab cab DPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CD - E - - - C D C B - hxxp gam... Read more

Relevancy 42.14%

Hello, I am trying to uninstall a program but it is not letting me. How I find the location of the uninstall.exe file?

I know you can go the program files and find the uninstall.exe, but my the program I am trying to uninstall is hidden.

A:How to find the location of the .exe from Programs/Features

Originally Posted by Behindyouu

Hello, I am trying to uninstall a program but it is not letting me. How I find the location of the uninstall.exe file?

I know you can go the program files and find the uninstall.exe, but my the program I am trying to uninstall is hidden.

Install Revo Uninstall.
The following link is to download a FREE version :
http://filehippo.com/download_revo_uninstaller_pro/

Revo Uninstall is capable to uninstall programs Windows is unable to do.
It is a very valuable program to have. Highly recommended.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/51988-how-find-location-exe-programs-features.html
Relevancy 42.14%

There are options in XP/Win7 to determine the status of the system before and after installation sw - snapshot registry or uninstall programs to track changes. Many times setup does not install only the folder c:\program files\program\... but also to other: windows, users, program data, and I do not know where yet. There is a handy (free) utility that changes out the registry will list the files installed in these directories?
thanks for the tip
Peter

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/utility-to-find-out-what-and-where-to-install-programs-702501.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Cannot find Programs or Accessories in Windows Vista
Have tried posted suggestions with no success.

Relevancy 42.14%

When I click on the Windows icon in the lower left corner of my screen a menu opens At the bottom of that menu is a line that says quot all programs quot It opens into a menu of programs Files Programs? I Do All The Where Find Listed In on my machine Inside of quot all programs quot is listed a folder called Where Do I Find The Files Listed In All Programs? Microsoft Inside of it is Outlook However I recently wanted to send an email using Outlook by clicking on a link on a website A window opened that would allow me to select the email client I wanted to use from a list of programs But I can t find Outlook When I click the Windows icon in the lower left corner of my screen amp then on quot computer quot and then on C drive there is listed in C drive two folders Programs amp Programs x However the Microsoft folder containing Outlook is not in either one of them When I did a search for Outlook on my C drive the result said it can be found at C ProgramData Microsoft Start Menu Programs Microsoft Office However I cick the Windows icon in the lower left corner of my screen amp then on quot computer quot and then on C drive I cannot find a ProgramData directory So where is my Ourlook Thanks nbsp

A:Where Do I Find The Files Listed In All Programs?

The default installation location for Outlook 2010 is C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/where-do-i-find-the-files-listed-in-all-programs.1018360/
Relevancy 42.14%

I loaded office 10 and do not know where to find word to open it?

A:where do i find programs and saved files?

Hello Charliea, and welcome to Eight Forums.

Word should be listed on your Apps screen. You may need to scroll over further to see it though.

Apps Screen - Open in Windows 8

If you like, you could also "Pin to Start" them to have them on your Start screen as well.

Start Screen - Pin or Unpin App, Folder, or Drive in Windows 8

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/48121-where-do-i-find-programs-saved-files.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Im not sure if my computer is infected but this seemed the most appropriate place to identify the issue.

My computer has not been her self for the last month or so. I got infected with "Antispyware soft" or some such sludge, then after i removed it my computer seemed lethargic. I read that a registry cleaner could help so i found "CCleaner" and after using that, every startup i get a message saying.
"Windows cannot find C:/Programs. Make sure u typed the name correctly, then try again. To search go into the start menu and click the search button."
(may not be 100% accurate but its close)

I could restore the registry but then i wouldn't know if CCleaner actually did anything to help my performance.
thanx

P.s:If it matters. I have Windows XP sp3 Intel Pentium Dual CPU @ 2.00GHz 2.00GHz, 2.00GB RAM

A:On startup "Windows cannot find C:/Programs."

Please close this topic.
I reformated my computer to start fresh so all my issues are solved.
Thank you

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/324551/on-startup-windows-cannot-find-cprograms/
Relevancy 42.14%

This site has a few Vista-compatible programs. The nice thing about these is that many of them do not require installation. Also all of them can be configured to be "portable", so that they can be run off of a USB drive. Some programs don't write to the registry either.

The Portable Freeware Collection - Latest entries

http://www.vistax64.com/software/115976-find-vista-portable-programs-here.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi I am running Windows find/remove with help programs! Need hidden zzz* on a Dell Latitude C My firewall previously ZoneAlarm and presently Sygate prompts me Need help with find/remove hidden zzz* programs! for permission to let the following application s access the internet zzzxwlim exe primarily and zzzxdydp exe amp zzzxlt exe occasionally I always deny but would like to know what these are and have them removed Looking at Task Manager it doesn t even show that these are running not as an Application and not as a Process I ve searched my hard drive for programs with these names even looking for substrings like leaving off the zzz and still can turn up nothing One of the tech people at work said that a program could run and Need help with find/remove hidden zzz* programs! then rename itself but that s not helpful as far as finding and removing this I have waited a while to weeks and I Google for these names periodically but I have not turned up any matches on these Any help or suggestions Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 41.71%

Yesterday while I was on facebook I started getting popups of bogus anti-virus software Every time I tried to do something it would say quot Application cannot be executed The file quot filename exe quot is infected Do you want to activate your antivirus software now quot It kept opening up internet explorer too and going to erectile dysfunction and porn sites as well as a page that would activate your anti-virus software Even when I tried to get to the task manager to see my processes an error message came up as well as any time I tried to open any anti-virus software or even search my hard drive When this virus was running I could not download anything When I did and I would try to open it it would say it was not a valid Win file or something like that I ran Malwarebytes and AVG scans while in safe mode and they found nothing I restarted my computer in regular mode and the virus will virus find it infected, can't Computer programs still there I restarted again and before the virus had a chance to Computer infected, virus programs can't find it load Computer infected, virus programs can't find it I pushed ctrl alt del and got my task manager up and running as well as my malwarebytes and AVG programs up and running scans Then the virus loaded and started doing the same popup crap I looked in my processes and found one I didn t recognize called abltsfav exe so I ended it and the popups stopped and I was Computer infected, virus programs can't find it able to open exe files again I then did a search on google for this file name and got no results Malwarebytes and AVG once again did not find anything I am so frustrated When I end the process I can get on the computer as usual but its a little slow How can I get rid of this bug I don t want to have to format my hard drive And when I try to update MBAM it says it failed and to make sure I m connected to the internet etc etc Here is my MBAM log of my last scan Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Database version Windows Service Pack PM mbam-log- - - - - txt Scan type Full Scan C Objects scanned Time elapsed hour s minute s second s Memory Processes Infected Memory Modules Infected Registry Keys Infected Registry Values Infected Registry Data Items Infected Folders Infected Files Infected Memory Processes Infected No malicious items detected Memory Modules Infected No malicious items detected Registry Keys Infected No malicious items detected Registry Values Infected No malicious items detected Registry Data Items Infected No malicious items detected Folders Infected No malicious items detected Files Infected No malicious items detected ETA I ran rkill after I ended the process abltsfav exe and here is the log This log file is located at C rkill log Please post this only if requested to by the person helping you Otherwise you can close this log when you wish Ran as Dove on at Processes terminated by Rkill or while it was running C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Users Dove Downloads rkill com Rkill completed on at ETA I changed some setting in IE that the malware must have changed to block me from being able to update virus software and now I go tthe latest version of malwarebytes and its running another scan I hope it finds something

A:Computer infected, virus programs can't find it

Your Malwarebytes log shows you're using an out-of-date version.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.36
Database version: 2033

Malwarebytes is at Version 1.44 and Database Version 3775 ( as of 9:30 am 2-22-2010 ).

Try re-running the scan of Malwarebytes and repost your log after updating to the newest version.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/297690/computer-infected-virus-programs-cant-find-it/
Relevancy 41.71%

i am migrating my computer environment to my new pc and need to know what programs/software comes pre-packaged with my Windows 64-bit Home Edition. anyone know where i can find that information? is there somewhere on my older computer that i can find this info? thx for any help, ahead of time. take care-- raze

A:how do i find a list of programs that come on pre-installed Windows 7

Explore Windows 7 features - Microsoft Windows

There you go =) On the left there is an option to browse from "A to Z" so you can see the different features and programs in Windows 7 in alphabetical order.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/250383-how-do-i-find-list-programs-come-pre-installed-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I recently moved from a corrupted HDD to a new HDD by cloning the corrupted HDD.

I later found out that some cloned files and programs are already corrupted an can't be opened form my new HDD after cloning from the old one. Some files like Songs, Movies and software Setups.

I was wondering if there is a software that can detect corrupted files and programs and remove them?

A:How to find corrupt Non-system files and programs in the HDD

Why did you clone a corrupted system ?

Do a clean install.

A system file check will correct system files but not 3rd party programs, you will have to uninstall and reinstall those. Some programs will give you the option to repair them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/362134-how-find-corrupt-non-system-files-programs-hdd.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I am baffled- need to remove and reinstall hdv split as it is not working

But

IT DOES NOT SHOW in add remove programs???

Someone said that maybe it is not suppose to show in add remove - but I have seen instructions all over the internet about removal and they all say go to add remove programs.

Please help!  I'm stuck and hung up on this!

A:I can't find HDV split in add remove programs - need to uninstall it?

The last version (.077 BETA, 2007) appears to be a standalone executable (.EXE file) which doesn't install...you just double click the "exe" file to run it...therefore there is no need to uninstall it, just delete the exe file.

EDIT TO ADD: I just tested this program in a Virtual Machine and indeed the program does not install, it is a standalone .exe

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/523692/i-cant-find-hdv-split-in-add-remove-programs-need-to-uninstall-it/
Relevancy 41.71%

Dell M90; XP SP3

Got the "Disk Antivirus Professional" bug and tried to overcome it but kept ending up with a black (or sometimes blue) desktop w/ cursor.

Ended up doing a fresh install of XP and just now got all updates.

Question:
All my programs are still on the computer. Is there a way to get XP to recognize them without me having to re-install each one?

I was hoping I could regedit something to get XP to see them.

A:After fresh install, can XP find installed programs?

Quote:

Ended up doing a fresh install of XP.....All my programs are still on the computer

I am not sure what you mean by Fresh Install, but that usually would mean you Formatted (erased) the C: drive and installed Windows.
If you just reinstalled Windows,without formatting, then you will have to reinstall all of the Programs because you have overwritten the Windows Registry in the C: drive, but not the Program Files directory.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/after-fresh-install-can-xp-find-installed-programs-688531.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi , since i can't remember when or how
my computer started giving me errors when trying to open a program or uninstall a program
the error appeared message is 
Windows cannot find 'path of program'. Make sure you typed the name correclty, and then try again.

this error appears when i try to open programs such as TeamViewer , CCleaner ( only when i try to open ccleaner64.exe,unist.exe ) and apparently all other uninstallers

http://i.imgur.com/BCnb2VT.png

my system is Windows 7 64 bit 

A:Windows cannot find error in most uninstallers and programs

Hello 5ora and Welcome -
Please try to run these quick scans for me -
Download them to desktop (not save as file) and please Copy and Paste all logs.

First -
Download Screen317 Security Check and save it to your Desktop.
* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt
* Please post the contents of that document.
Note:: If any security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it to do so.

Next -
Please download MiniToolBox and run it.
Checkmark following boxes:
* List last 10 Event Viewer log
* List Installed Programs
* List Users, Partitions and Memory size
Click Go and Copy / Paste the result. (result.txt)

Next -
If you have this installed, just Update and run a Full Scan - If not

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Free :(aka MBAM): to your desktop.Note - Do not accept the Free Pro Trial Version at this time -
* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* NOTE - Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
* Post the log back here.
Be sure to restart the computer if requested.
The log can also be found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
Or at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526765/windows-cannot-find-error-in-most-uninstallers-and-programs/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello I ran Adwcleaner cannot a certain programs other even it cannot find infection; delete Adwcleaner and it displayed these results this is the log after I clicked clean - C Users private AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Profile Web data Search Provider Deleted aol Adwcleaner cannot delete a certain infection; other programs cannot even find it com - C Users private AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Profile Web data Search Provider Deleted ask com - C Users private AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Profile Web data Search Provider Deleted search ask com - C Users private AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Profile extension Deleted cccpiddacjljmfbbgeimpelpndgpoknn A quick google search informed me that cccpiddacjljmfbbgeimpelpndgpoknn is an old extension for smooth scrolling I have never installed this extension nor do I have it visible on my browser After restarting my computer Chrome suggests that I reset the browser Imgur com link http imgur com a e cAP After I did I ran Adwcleaner again and it still displays the same results in the code box above Other things I have tried - Full Windows Defender scan clean system - Full Malwarebytes scan clean system - Cleaned cache with CCleaner - JRT clean system - TDSSKiller clean system - EmsiSoft AV scanner clean system Also I'm a total noob when it comes to Autorun that I downloaded from Microsoft Thing is though searching for cccpiddacjljmfbbgeimpelpndgpoknn displays lots and lots of paths highlighted in purple My average mind informed me that I am infected by something related to cccpiddacjljmfbbgeimpelpndgpoknn but the only program that's finding it Adwcleaner What is going on Would appreciate the help a lot Thanks in advance

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/629193/adwcleaner-cannot-delete-a-certain-infection;-other-programs-cannot-even-find-it/
Relevancy 41.71%

I'm looking for an older version of a free program that has been supercede by the newer version and is not being offered anywhere that I can find.

Is there a website where older versions of free programs might still be found to download?

A:place to still find old versions of free programs on the web?

The only one i happen to know of is: http://www.oldversion.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/place-to-still-find-old-versions-of-free-programs-on-the-web.101540/
Relevancy 41.71%

OK first build almost a year in No problems until recently but I cant seem to pinpoint what is the source of these problems And they seem to be happening more frequently Please read through this and give me your best shots Ill be very grateful Windows x PROBLEMS SYMPTOMS note that sometimes upon rebooting the computer everything works fine as far as I can tell Chrome -crashes and Win programs properly, functioning x64 not 7 can't find root cause from time to time -once crashes can't fix without reboot -sometimes reboots computer upon exiting a tab -have reinstalled twice Kaspersky -turns itself off occassionally will turn itself back on -databases become corrupted and won't update without being corrupted immediately -if databases update properly sometimes says some protection components are corrupted we recommend you reinstall the application -have reinstalled twice BitTorrent -will occasionally crash and prompt to relaunch -sometimes relaunch will automatically lead to another crash and prompt for relaunch -rarely relaunch will cause computer to reboot Windows -bottom right corner all of a sudden said this was an unauthorized version of windows -I told it to re-register via internet and the message went away -only happend once IAStorIcon has stopped working something from Intel -this has popped up twice with the following explanation -description stopped working -problem event name appcrash -application name IAStorIcon exe -application version -application Win 7 x64 and programs not functioning properly, can't find root cause timestamp f d d -fault module name gdiplus dll -fault module version -fault module timestamp f ab -exception code c -exception offselt c c -locale ID had a microsoft program stop responding crash -i wasn't able to write down what it was -only happened once ATTEMPTS TO FIX FIND SOURCE OF PROBLEMS Windows Defender Offline -no threats detected -via USB Kaspersky TDSSKiller -no rootkits detected Kaspersky Internet Security -no threats detected MalwareBytes -no threats detected SUPERAntiSpyware -found a few cookies nothing dangerous -they were removed -program was removed as requested by Kaspersky Technical Support sfc exe System File Checker -would not run unless through cmd exe -after system scan results were Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations If you need any more info please let me know Thanks for any and all help BigGoose

A:Win 7 x64 and programs not functioning properly, can't find root cause

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/500483/win-7-x64-and-programs-not-functioning-properly-cant-find-root-cause/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi I have a weird problem A couple days ago i banged my laptop It started to act wierd and run slow by run slow i mean while watching a video if i click on a further section in the movie it would stop working and say error and my processor light would be shining steady also find cant anymore/ any cant connections internet run programs no big programs will even open a game might open but then freeze so i figured i banged something on the processor so i opened the bottem and the wifi signal was on the bottom of the laptop with the processor symbol i open it up move it around a cant run programs anymore/ cant find any internet connections little and put it back because i didnt know what i was doing After this cant run programs anymore/ cant find any internet connections my internet stopped working sometimes it recognized the connection i need but its at really really poor level and i cant connect to the internet So i figured i moved it out of cant run programs anymore/ cant find any internet connections place or something Also two wierd processes popped up when i downloaded Allplayer right around the time this was all happening The processors are winlogon exe and atieclxx exe and maybe a third by the name of csrss exe ive run malware bytes on full scan and nothing showed up Ive also run window defender and it took over hours and nothing showed up I know this is hard to analyze since its not very clear and i dont have any data but i can bring any data you want if you let me know what i need to bring Also i analyzed my c and d drives with the defrag thing and c was at only then i looked at the rating system thing and so on to see if anything changed so i ran a rating thing and alll the numbers stayed the same Thank you for any one who read this Thank you for your time And Thank you for any advice Thomas

A:cant run programs anymore/ cant find any internet connections

Have you checked to see how much free space is on your harddrive this could slow down everything (a nasty coincidence) - on the other hand a knock doesnt necessarily mean the end of the laptop, since you have had an unsuccessful attempt at fixing it I would suggest you have a professional look at it to make sure everything is connected up correctly, and that may be enough hopefully.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/177835-cant-run-programs-anymore-cant-find-any-internet-connections.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I have Windows ME... My computer is REALLY messed up, and I can always hear something running, but don't know how to find what it is!

A:How can I find out what programs are running? {klez detected}

Welcome to TSG sbaldwin.

One quick way is to do a ctrl-alt-del and see what is showing in the "Close Programs" window. Explorer is required, systray is a normal system file; others can be "end-tasked" to close them out and see what affects the disk activity. One common culprit is Microsofts office application "Find Fast".

We can have a look at what is loading at startup if you go to Start>Run and enter msinfo32 then click + Software Environment and highlight (select) Startup Programs. Click Edit>Select All>Edit>Copy and paste the copied text in a reply.

To disable a program from starting up, run msconfig and click on the Startup tab. You can just uncheck it.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q281995

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-can-i-find-out-what-programs-are-running-klez-detected.81150/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello folks!
I'm working on my pastor's pc running XP Pro and I've the majority of it cleaned up but when I look under where it's supposed to be (programs>accesories>system tools>system restore) it's not there. I do a file search and it doesn't come up.
Soooo, how do I restore the system restore so I can create a restore point? I've never had this before.
Thanks so much and may God bless,
Peter

Relevancy 41.28%

I m new to this forum so I do apologize if I doesn't Thinapp find Vmware programs in scan! any m posting in the wrong area My problem just like the title is that Thinapp won t find any programs that I can capture to make with Thinapp I know I did everything right because I ve used Vmware Thinapp doesn't find any programs in scan! Thinapp prior to this problem Anyway I installed the program that I want to capture then ran Thinapp and the only thing I get on the list is quot cmd exe quot That s the command prompt and there is nothing else No matter how many programs I install I can t seem to Vmware Thinapp doesn't find any programs in scan! get any that I can actually capture I ve even tried simple ones like Malwarebytes or ImgBurn or PowerISO I ve tried everything I know how to do but I haven t the slightest idea where to go from here I am using a virtual machine with Windows XP Pro SP with mb of ram I assigned it that much and gb of hard drive space also assigned All of this is running off of Windows x Any help would be appreciated Thank you to whoever pitches in nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vmware-thinapp-doesnt-find-any-programs-in-scan.1005530/
Relevancy 41.28%

i have windows XP pro.
it's not letting me run myspaceIM with skype. or internet explorer. they were working fine a few days ago... also i've done a lot of virus scans and they all found nothing... can someone help me.
ps myspaceIM gives me an error message saying "MyspaceIM had to quit"... with ie nothing comes up at all.

Relevancy 41.28%

Windows appears to be unable to see the C:\ drive. In explorer, there is no content. MalwareBytes found and quaranteened several trojans, but systems still comes up with no C:\ drive.

A:Strat->Programs Empty, Windows can't find C:\Drive,

Hello and welcome to the forums!My secret agent name on the forums is SweetTech (you can call me ST for short), it's a pleasure to meet you. I am very sorry for the delay in responding, but as you can see we are at the moment being flooded with logs which, when paired with the never-ending shortage of helpers, resulted in the delayed responding to your thread.I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems.If you have since resolved the issues you were originally experiencing, or have received help elsewhere, please inform me so that this topic can be closed. If you have not, please adhere to the guidelines below and then follow instructions as outlined further below:Logs from malware removal programs (OTL is one of them) can take some time to analyze. I need you to be patient while I analyze any logs you post. Please remember, I am a volunteer, and I do have a life outside of these forums.
Please make sure to carefully read any instruction that I give you. Attention to detail is important! Since I cannot see or directly interact with your computer I am dependent on you to "be my eyes" and provide as much information as you can regarding the current state of your computer.
If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, do NOT continue! Stop and ask!
If I instruct you to download a specific tool in which you already have, please delete the copy that you have and re-download the tool. The reason I ask you to do this is because these tools are updated fairly regularly.
Do not do things I do not ask for, such as running a spyware scan on your computer. The one thing that you should always do, is to make sure sure that your anti-virus definitions are up-to-date!
Please do not use the Attachment feature for any log file. Do a Copy/Paste of the entire contents of the log file and submit it inside your post.
I am going to stick with you until ALL malware is gone from your system. I would appreciate it if you would do the same. From this point, we're in this together ;)
Because of this, you must reply within three days failure to reply will result in the topic being closed!
Please do not PM me directly for help. If you have any questions, post them in this topic.
Lastly, I am no magician. I will try very hard to fix your issues, but no promises can be made. Also be aware that some infections are so severe that you might need to resort to reformatting and reinstalling your operating system.
Don't worry, this only happens in severe cases, but it sadly does happen. Be prepared to back up your data. Have means of backing up your data available.____________________________________________________Please download UnHide.exe by Grinler.It will unhide folders/files that were set to be hidden by the infection you had.NEXT:Rootkit UnHooker (RkU)Please download Rootkit Unhooker from one of the following links and save it to your desktop.Link 1 (.exe file)Link 2 (zipped file)Link 3 (.rar file)In order to use this tool if you downloaded from either of the second two links, you will need to extract the RKUnhookerLE.exe file using a program capable of extracing ZIP and RAR compressed files. If you don't have an extraction program, you can downlaod, install and use the free 7-zip utility.Double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to start the program.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check Drivers, Stealth Code, and uncheck the rest.Click OK.Wait until it's finished and then go to File > Save Report.Save the report to your Desktop.Copy and paste the contents of the report into your next reply.-- Note: You may get this warning...just ignore it, click OK and continue: "Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself! It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?".NEXT:Running OTLWe need to create a FULL OT... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/399795/strat-programs-empty-windows-cant-find-cdrive/
Relevancy 41.28%

AHHH I cannot open any programs When I try to open anything from desktop start menu or even from program file folders I get Windows cannot find C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Nmain exe Make sure you typed the name correctly and error: start programs No Windows / find will C:\filename cannot then try again To search for a file click the start button and then search example trying to open No programs will start / error: Windows cannot find C:\filename Norton Also when I reboot the computer I get the same error as something in startup is trying to load spoolwd exe I have Windows XP Pro and I had Norton Firewall and Anti Virus I recently just uninstalled them to reload Norton SystemWorks Pro I think I got a virus after No programs will start / error: Windows cannot find C:\filename I uninstalled Anyway I followed a No programs will start / error: Windows cannot find C:\filename thread that said to do a regedit that produced this error Registry Editing has been disabled by your Administrator I am signed is as the Adim SO I found quot EnableRegistryEdit vbs quot online and fixed that so in SAFE MODE I can access the registry I looked at HKEY CLASSES ROOT exefile shell open command thinking it might be Sircam Worm but I found C WINDOWS svchost exe quot quot Symantec says anything other than quot quot is a virus They are speaking Greek I m lost Bottom line is can t open any programs think I have a virus but not sure what and I am a little out of my depth help nbsp

A:No programs will start / error: Windows cannot find C:\filename

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-programs-will-start-error-windows-cannot-find-c-filename.230138/
Relevancy 41.28%

I cannot find the startup list of programs on one of the laptop computers having Windows Vista.  I thought I could poke through control panel and make a way to finding the list of startup programs, but I cannot.  I began to look in the Tutorials tab on the bleeping computer site, but not seeing on first couple of those pages, and search not giving any better, I ask here.  How do I find the startup programs list so I can try to disable one of the programs on a particular computer from startup up automatically when Windows starts?

A:how find list of startup programs for Windows Vista

Here you go: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/autoruns/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/562501/how-find-list-of-startup-programs-for-windows-vista/
Relevancy 41.28%

I have a windows vista service pack machine I can browse the internet download files play songs movies etc But any program that attempts to auto update or lets say I click a check for updates button on an antivirus program it tells me there is no internet connection I can be online downloading a file and I might click spybots check for updates link and it tells me there is no internet connection But it isn t just spybot its everything Everything that has some kind of built in check for updates fails adobe programs windows updates spybot superantispyware hitman pro You name it it doesn t see an internet connection I can get online download a program from the internet install it and tell it to check for and update only to tell me there is no internet connection I checked internet explorers connection settings to see if a virus or something had created a proxy server nothing there I ran ipconfig all and checked there nothing unusual my windows firewall is turned off and as far as I know I don t have any other firewalls installed There must be something in common that all these programs must use in order to get online that is somehow messed up Could my winsock be corrupted in such a way as to allow manual downloading but not automatic Any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: Programs can't find internet connection, but I can browse?

Most likely a non-Windows firewall or security suite issue or malware.

What non-Windows firewall or security suite do, or did you ever, have on the machine?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-programs-cant-find-internet-connection-but-i-can-browse.1035356/
Relevancy 41.28%

Computer Info:
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4440 CPU @ 3.10GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8107 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 942757 MB, Free - 510959 MB;
Motherboard: Alienware, 0PGRP5
Antivirus: AVG AntiVirus Free Edition 2015, Updated and Enabled
There is a program that pops up on Steam and all my websites and the advertiser is called Obrona VPN Deals. Pops a lot of stuff comparing clothes and games and such. If I can get some help and someone hunt it down for me that would be great.
Screenshot: http://gyazo.com/6fb85d718ef03cb9591681816c092580
Thank you!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/abrona-bpn-deals-cannot-find-with-malware-programs.1138759/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello I am back on bleepingcomputer I had an account that I created a few years ago but I can t figure out any of my login info You guys helped me remove a virus using Combofix a few years ago My computer has been having a ton find programs is possibly anything. can Computer beyond repair? used No malware of problems I have been having issues for years I thought everything was fine after I worked through the issues a few years ago but I continued to have problems I noticed that my computer and two others in the house are currently redirecting links on firefox When I click on a link that comes up in Google search it Computer is possibly beyond repair? No malware programs used can find anything. goes to a fake advertising or survey website Sometimes it will go to the correct site and then redirect in a couple of seconds I am also having some issues with basic functionality and startup I am currently getting Computer is possibly beyond repair? No malware programs used can find anything. this message quot The instruction at quot x a b quot referenced memory at quot x quot The memory could not be quot written quot svchost exe-Application Error It keeps popping up I am familiar with HiJack This and several other programs and can provide any needed information I have run Mbam Ad-Aware Spybot and SAS as well as AVG and nothing is finding anything I also downloaded tdsskiller and ran it but it didn t find anything The current HiJack this log is attached THANK YOU SO MUCH You guys ROCK

A:Computer is possibly beyond repair? No malware programs used can find anything.

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.We need to create a New FULL OTL ReportPlease download OTL from here if you have not done so already:
Main MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Change the "Extra Registry" option to "SafeList"Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:
OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedAfter downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step.Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdvicePlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and be sure to re-enable your anti-virus, Firewall and any other security programs you had disabled.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in safe mode.-- If GMER crashes or keeps resulting in a BSODs, uncheck Devices on the right side before scanning.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/377777/computer-is-possibly-beyond-repair-no-malware-programs-used-can-find-anything/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello,
I have a machine that is infected with the hidden files and programs issue. I have searched for a forum that I used in the past that worked great, however I am unable to find it. I did the post with RKill, MBAM, SAS, and Unhide but that did not fix all the hidden file issues.
Windows Vista Business Edition SP 2
You tell me what else you need to know to help me with this issue and I will promptly respond. Thanks.

A:True Hidden Files and Programs Solution(Can not Find)

Hello,Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.Once the proper logs are created, then post them in a reply to this topic by using the Add Reply button.If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the post and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the reply and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.Please note that I am not a member of the Malware Removal Team and will not be assisting you in removing the infection. I'm simply helping you to post the information they need in order to assist you.If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/422167/true-hidden-files-and-programs-solutioncan-not-find/
Relevancy 41.28%

OK first build almost a year in No problems until recently but I can t seem to pinpoint what is the source of these problems And they seem to be happening more frequently Please read through this and give me your best shots I ll be very grateful Windows x PROBLEMS SYMPTOMS note that sometimes upon rebooting the computer everything works fine as far as I can tell Chrome -crashes from time to time -once crashes can't fix without reboot -sometimes acting find programs root cause can't started have up, Multiple reboots computer upon exiting a tab -have reinstalled twice Kaspersky -turns itself off occassionally will turn Multiple programs have started acting up, can't find root cause itself back on -databases become corrupted and won't Multiple programs have started acting up, can't find root cause update without being corrupted immediately -if databases update properly sometimes says quot some protection components are corrupted we recommend you reinstall the application quot -have reinstalled twice BitTorrent -will occasionally crash and prompt to relaunch -sometimes relaunch will automatically lead to another crash and prompt for relaunch -rarely relaunch will cause computer to reboot Windows -bottom right corner all of a sudden said this was an unauthorized version of windows -I Multiple programs have started acting up, can't find root cause told it to re-register via internet and the message went away -only happend once IAStorIcon has stopped working something from Intel -this has popped up twice with the following explanation -description stopped working -problem event name appcrash -application name IAStorIcon exe -application version -application timestamp f d d -fault module name gdiplus dll -fault module version -fault module timestamp f ab -exception code c -exception offselt c c -locale ID had a microsoft program stop responding crash -i wasn't able to write down what it was -only happened once ATTEMPTS TO FIX FIND SOURCE OF PROBLEMS Windows Defender Offline -no threats detected -via USB Kaspersky TDSSKiller -no rootkits detected Kaspersky Internet Security -no threats detected MalwareBytes -no threats detected SUPERAntiSpyware -found a few cookies nothing dangerous -they were removed -program was removed as requested by Kaspersky Technical Support sfc exe System File Checker -would not run unless through cmd exe -after system scan results were quot Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations quot If you need any more info please let me know Thanks for any and all help BigGoose

A:Multiple programs have started acting up, can't find root cause

Have you checked your HDD for errors?

Something crashed on my PC (about a month ago) and it suddenly claimed that my W7 wasn't genuine.
It returned to normal after a reboot and it hasn't happened since.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/296561-multiple-programs-have-started-acting-up-cant-find-root-cause.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I am currently working on a networkded NT40 Workstation. In Access and other Windows Programs I am running the cursor has moved 2 spaces to the right when I access the Search/Find Dialog Box. This does not occur in other dialog boxes within the program. Does anyone have any ideas on what's going on?
Thanks!

A:{Moved from NT Forum} - Search/Find Box in Windows Programs

Greetings

How is this adversly affecting the performance of the programs?

Cheers
------------------
Reuel Miller
Windows NT Moderator (yes, that does make me biased )

[email protected]

Every morning is the dawn of a new error...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moved-from-nt-forum-search-find-box-in-windows-programs.36397/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi My roommate who as it turns out is an different find despite virus Can't 4 anti-malware programs generator idiot went in search of a software crack on the internet on my computer When I came back to my computer there was an empty pop-up window on my screen I closed the window by clicking on Can't find virus generator despite 4 different anti-malware programs the X which was shortly followed by a pop-up warning from a quot anti-virus quot program that I do not use nor had I ever seen before The quot anti-virus quot appeared to be scanning in this pop-up window so I closed it as well I looked in the toolbar where i noticed that there was an icon that I had never seen before which I assumed to be related I tried to close it but there was no way to close it from the toolbar I tried to open the Windows Task Manager however it would not open At this point I disabled my wireless connection and rebooted Once rebooted I started Malwarebytes Anti-Malware which turned up trojans and tracking cookies Then I ran AVG s scanner and found more trojans and cookies followed by SUPER Anti-Spyware and Ad-Aware with similar results the last trojan I found was called SHeur AHOG I tried reconnecting to the internet to find help on the subject but when I clicked on a link it would redirect me to some random page I disabled the connection again and started researching on a rental computer I have completed your required steps to post although I did have difficulty with the gmer exe scan The first two times I started gmer after about three hours the computer would re-boot mid scan The third time after starting the scan before I went to bed I woke up in the morning to the BSOD saying PFN LIST CORRUPT The fourth attempt I downloaded the gmer from your secondary link source and it seemed to finish without trouble And during this whole process after each restart reboot an error box would come up in windows saying Error loading C WINDOWS ndavrst dll - The specified module could not be found Any help would be greatly appreciated DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by R Held at on Mon Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exeC Program Files Common Files Logitech Bluetooth LBTSERV EXEsvchost exesvchost exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system rundll exesvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k AkamaiC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI SAgent exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaantmon exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Linksys Wireless-G PCI Wireless Network Monitor WLService exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgemc exeC Program Files Linksys Wireless-G PCI Wireless Network Monitor WMP Gv exeC Program Files Intel IntelDH Intel Quick Resume Technology Drivers Elservice exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC WINDOWS stsystra exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaanotif exeC WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXEC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exeC Program Files SetPoint LBTWiz exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exeC Program Files DNA btdna exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exeC Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exeC PROGRA WIDCOMM BLUETO BTSTAC EXEC Program... Read more

A:Can't find virus generator despite 4 different anti-malware programs

Leaving on a trip for 2 weeks. I have shut down the computer. Will post again when I get back. Thanks.Ryan

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/331423/cant-find-virus-generator-despite-4-different-anti-malware-programs/
Relevancy 41.28%

when i try to install it again, it says it cannot do it because its already on there. WTF? There is no shortcuts anywhere. how do I create shortcuts on my desktop again.

A:emergency: Cant find IE6 in my start menu, or add/remove programs, but ...

Look for the Internet Explorer folder in Program Files. Make a shortcut from iexplore.exe.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/emergency-cant-find-ie6-in-my-start-menu-or-add-remove-programs-but.356114/
Relevancy 40.85%

I have Windows 7 Starter & it runs slow on a samsung netbook with 2gb ram. How can I speed up i have very few programs running in background when it starts up? Thanks Dorothy

A:Windows 7 Starter how can I find & delete unnecessary startup programs

what model netbook is it? Chances are that you will not be able to speed it up.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/114929-windows-7-starter-how-can-i-find-delete-unnecessary-startup-programs.html
Relevancy 40.85%

OK first build almost a year in No problems until recently but I cant seem to pinpoint what is the source of these problems And they seem to be happening more frequently Please read through this and give me your best shots Ill be very grateful And I was told about ComboFix but wanted to post here and get the approval before running it Windows x PROBLEMS SYMPTOMS note find can't acting programs root cause...infection? Windows 7 and strangely, that sometimes upon rebooting the computer everything works fine as far as I can tell Chrome -crashes from time to time -once crashes can't fix without reboot -sometimes reboots computer upon exiting a tab -have reinstalled twice Kaspersky -turns itself off occassionally will turn itself back on -databases become corrupted and won't update without being corrupted Windows 7 and programs acting strangely, can't find root cause...infection? immediately -if databases update properly sometimes says some protection components are corrupted we recommend you reinstall the application -have reinstalled twice BitTorrent -will occasionally crash and prompt to relaunch -sometimes relaunch will automatically lead Windows 7 and programs acting strangely, can't find root cause...infection? to another crash and prompt for relaunch -rarely relaunch will cause computer to reboot Windows -bottom right corner all of a sudden said this was an unauthorized version of windows -I told it to re-register via internet and the message went away -only happend once IAStorIcon has stopped working something from Intel -this has popped up twice with the following explanation -description stopped working -problem event name appcrash -application name IAStorIcon exe -application version -application timestamp f d d -fault module name gdiplus dll -fault module version -fault module timestamp f ab -exception code c -exception offselt c c -locale ID had a microsoft program stop responding crash -i wasn't able to write down what it was -only happened once ATTEMPTS TO FIX FIND SOURCE OF PROBLEMS Windows Defender Offline -no threats detected -via USB Kaspersky TDSSKiller -no rootkits detected Kaspersky Internet Security -no threats detected MalwareBytes -no threats detected SUPERAntiSpyware -found a few cookies nothing dangerous -they were removed -program was removed as requested by Kaspersky Technical Support sfc exe System File Checker -would not run unless through cmd exe -after system scan results were Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations If you need any more info please let me know Thanks for any and all help BigGoose

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/500468/windows-7-and-programs-acting-strangely-cant-find-root-causeinfection/
Relevancy 40.85%

Here are the two responsibles. Unfortunately SpyHunter is freeware and doesn't allow to quarantine infections. Besides, these two guys clearly avoided adblock and avast. How could I prevent future infections like this one? I'm feeling a little paranoid, if something even more dangerous could pass...

https://malwaretips.com/threads/how-to-prevent-playbarsearch-and-adwareisaver-from-hijacking-browsers-when-programs-dont-find-them.63359/
Relevancy 40.85%

I've been dealing with this problem for quite some time now and I can't seem to fix it on my own.  I initially ran Symantec, which fixed/quarantined all errors it found but the problem remained.  I've also used AdwCleaner and it's still messed up.

When I first turn on my computer, it is running fine.  However, when I try to do anything, the CPU usage shoots up to 100% and my computer becomes practically useless.  Explorer.exe is duplicated in the processes and that's what is taking up the majority of the space.

Help???

A:Explorer.exe shooting CPU usage to 100%, malware/virus programs find nothing

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me. Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the scan log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the scan log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Desktop.Unzip downloaded file.Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exeFollow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.When done, please post the two logs pro... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/531149/explorerexe-shooting-cpu-usage-to-100-malwarevirus-programs-find-nothing/
Relevancy 40.85%

Last night installed an update (automatic) with the shutdown button. I have a 1 month old Toshiba laptop and vista home basic OS. This morning...unable to find any of the installed programs including control panel and system icons. I searched for system restore by clicking on all the icons in the program folder...but, unable to identify it.

I have saved a Toshiba recovery disc...but, can't fins an automatic setup icon in that.

Ideally, would love to system restore...to avoid losing my docs and downloads I have done so far...any sugeestions is more than welcome. Thank you.

A:After an update...can't find any installed programs including system restore!

hello.

When you start up the computer press keep pressing the button to get the windows boot options up(normaly F8) when u see the toshiba logo straight after u turn on. then with vista u get a option to see the system diagnostics program and when that loads up there is a option for system restore.

if that isnt there try booting it in safe mode and see if all your icons are there then if they are run system restore that way (start-all programs-accessorys-system-system restore

i havent used vista in a while now(i got windows 7) but im sure that how i use to do it when i did have vista

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/after-an-update-cant-find-any-installed-programs-including-system-restore-397714.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I am currently working on a networkded NT40 Workstation. In Access and other Windows Programs I am running the cursor has moved 2 spaces to the right when I access the Search/Find Dialog Box. This does not occur in other dialog boxes within the program. Does anyone have any ideas on what's going on?
Thanks!

A:{Moved to Application Forum} - Search/Find Box in Windows Programs

Greetings

How is this adversly affecting the performance of the programs?

Cheers
------------------
Reuel Miller
Windows NT Moderator (yes, that does make me biased )

[email protected]

Every morning is the dawn of a new error...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moved-to-application-forum-search-find-box-in-windows-programs.28612/
Relevancy 40.85%

I'm trying to see if a particular program was installed on a system running Windows 7 without it being booted up. I don't see this program listed under Program Files or Program Files (x86), but I do see something listed under ProgramData that has an executable.
I talked to the vendor, and he stated that this might be what I'm looking for, but that it would show up in the installed programs. 
Thank you.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a97a4cad-72e7-4a87-a2f7-b7e5e29ebafe/is-it-possible-to-find-what-programs-are-installed-on-a-hard-drive-without-booting-a-system-up?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 40.85%

I tried a search to see if I could find my problem and nothing seems to really fit I have defragmented and ran disc clean-up I have also ran complete spyware amp virus scans I have CA Security Suite Now that I have told you everything that I can think of that I ve tried so far here is are my problems My computer starts up extremly slow once it s started it s now showing that it s low on virtual memory at line such amp such it s rarely the same Right before I wrote this it said it was adding more virtual memory so that may have fixed this particular issue but is there a way that I can add more virtual memory if when I get this error I m sure I have too many if not ALL programs running when I start my computer I need to know how to find what to programs slow; needed remove need running find & not Comp is starting at quot start up quot and where I can change to not start unless I start it manually I have looked in quot start up quot and it shows that nothing is starting and I know that can t be right I ve tried checking the task manager and Comp running slow; need to find & remove programs not needed under the first tab it doesn t show anything that I don t know about however under processes there is a huge list of stuff that I only know what about a handful of stuff is is this where I need to look I also have a bunch of stuff that shows up on my add remove programs list that I m not sure of what it is some things look like they re there twice I am virtually computer illeterate meaning the quot code quot names if whatever has at least something I m familiar with I can figure out what it is but nowadays there s more stuff that I have no idea what it is than stuff that I know like BigFix I don t know what this is or what it s for but it s been there since I bought my computer so I don t know if I need it or not so I m sure that there are things that I don t need or want but I m not sure what they are and I m afraid to just quot remove quot something when I m not sure what it is I hope I haven t been too confusing and if there s someone out there that has both the time and patience to help me I would be sooo grateful And if you can give me step-by-step instructions I am good at following those but they HAVE to be in English and not code Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks so much in advance MaryAnn nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

I am thinking of upgrading to Windows 8.
I have 3 questions about it.

Will it automatically find the programs I have installed on my D: drive or will I have to install them again?
Does it have a good emulator for Windows 95? I still have some programs designed to run on Win 95, they are programs I use and I do not want to abandon them.
Also, will Windows 8 allow me to use an interface that is point and click with a mouse. I do not have a touch screen.

A:Solved: Will Windows 8 automatically find programs already installed on D: drive

As you are running 7 Ultimate 64 bit you can upgrade to windows 8 Pro 64bit and keep more or less everything see this

Upgrading from Windows 7Click to expand...

This is the simplest upgrade path of all. You can upgrade to Windows 8 Pro from any version of Windows 7, and you can choose whether you want to migrate files, settings, and programs, just files, or nothing. Be sure to pay close attention to the Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant, which will alert you to any programs or drivers that must be uninstalled before the upgrade or updated afterwards.Click to expand...

quoted from this link
http://www.zdnet.com/article/everything-you-need-to-know-about-windows-8-upgrades-faq-part-2/
Here is the official Microsoft upgrade doc
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/jj203353.aspx
so you cannot upgrade and keep all to OTHER than windows 8 Pro
Yes it does have compatibility going back to win95 but that does NOT mean that the program will run without problems please see screenshot
Before you start run the windows 8 upgrade assistant
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/upgrade-to-windows-8
and the 8.1
You cannot upgrade to 8.1 from 7 and keep all. I do appreciate that you said to 8 however.
You can of course later on go from 8 to 8.1
Please ensure that you have all backed up - it can go wrong just like any other install.
Yes you can use it with a mouse and keyboard just as 7. It is not the OS itself that enables touch.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-will-windows-8-automatically-find-programs-already-installed-on-d-drive.1143790/
Relevancy 40.85%

I started getting random redirects to http static australianbrewingcompany com two or three weeks ago I didn't notice it at first because I don't often use my computer and thought someone else had left the browser viewing that site I noticed that the AVG search page had been set up as my startup page which I had not previously authorized I use Google Chrome but also have IE I deleted the AVG search page as my startup page and reset google as my preferred search engine I deleted all extensions in Google Chrome I did the same steps to IE which I rarely use but to static.australianbrewingcompany malware - in find programs redirects unable which also had the same problem I next tried stopping the program in my processes via the alt-ctrl-del window but couldn't find anything that looked out of place static.australianbrewingcompany redirects - unable to find malware in programs I also tried finding something in my registry static.australianbrewingcompany redirects - unable to find malware in programs but didn't find anything that a simple internet search of http static australianbrewingcompany com removal suggested to remove I am also afraid of messing with my registry I static.australianbrewingcompany redirects - unable to find malware in programs suspect the malware is masquerading as something benign from adobe or google chrome I also suspect driver update from slimware utilities may be the culprit since I never had the program before a month or so ago Uninstall programs in the control panel won't let me remove driver update I have not reboot my computer yet since trying to clean up the problem on the browser level Nor have I closed and restarted google chrome I did close the IE browser There have been no repeated redirects so far but I suspect that once I reboot I will get the redirects again since I have not eliminated the malicious software Any help is appreciated DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Me at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Norton Internet Security Enabled Updated C A - C B- F C- B B- FCCFDC SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Norton Internet Security Disabled Updated A BBD -AA - A - B- B EB B E FW Norton Internet Security Disabled B F DB -C - E - D - C F F E Running Processes C windows system lsm exe C windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C windows System spoolsv exe C windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files x PC Checkup SymcPCCULaunchSvc exe C Program Files x Norton PC Checkup Engine ccSvcHst exe C windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows system TODDSrv exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Power Saver TosCoSrv exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TECO TecoService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C windows system taskhost exe C Program Files x Norton PC Checkup Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files x NortonInstaller C C - F D- F -AAA - EF E NIS A E D InstStub exe C windows system Dwm exe C windows Explorer EXE C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files CONEXANT cAudioFilterAgent cAudioFilterAgent exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Power Saver TPwrMain exe C Program Files TOSHIBA SmoothView SmoothView exe C Program Files TOSHIBA FlashCards TCrdMain exe C Program ... Read more

A:static.australianbrewingcompany redirects - unable to find malware in programs

Hello solomonskey I would like to welcome you to the Malware Removal section of the forum.Around here they call me Gringo and I will be glad to help you with your malware problems.Very Important --> Please read this post completely, I have spent my time to put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier, faster and smoother for both of us!Please do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the "Follow This Topic" Button, make sure that the "Receive notification" box is checked and that it is set to "Instantly" - This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.These are the programs I would like you to run next, if you have any problems with one of these just skip it and move on to the next one.-AdwCleaner-Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Scan.After the scan is complete click on "Clean"Confirm each time with Ok.Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.Please post the content of that logfile with your next answer.You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.-Junkware-Removal-Tool-Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.When they are complete let me have the two reports and let me know how things are running.Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515925/staticaustralianbrewingcompany-redirects-unable-to-find-malware-in-programs/
Relevancy 40.85%

I recently began clean/restart same after infections even Programs find Anti-Malware getting notifications upon startup that Program -random number and letter combination- exe could not initialize This seemed suspicious so I opened up task manager and sure enough I had some processes running that definitely weren't normal A couple that stuck out were 'tumblr exe' and 'MyImgur exe' Now I use both those sites fairly regularly but I've never known them to cause any processes to run on my computer and I didn't Anti-Malware Programs find same infections even after clean/restart even have a browser open at the time There are typically multiple instances of these random processes running I can end a few of them but others say access is denied when I try Just this morning I began to get prompts from windows asking if I'd like to allow command prompt to make changes to my computer I've tried running antivirus scans anti-rootkit programs etc They always find and quarantine roughly infected files but when I restart to do full removal I still get the Program -random number and letter combination- exe could not initialize notifications upon startup and I find that subsequent scans still find the same number of problems I ran DDS and I'll post my results below Any help is very much appreciated DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Jake at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated E - ED- F -A - BCB F SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated DF E - D - BB- B - D E BFDE Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS c Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA AERTSr exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C ProgramData exe C Program Files x Intel Bluetooth devmonsrv exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files x BlueStacks HD-LogRotatorService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exe C Users Jake AppData Roaming Spotify Data SpotifyWebHelper exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows runservice exe C Program Files x Dell Dell Datasafe Online NOBuAgent exe C ProgramData - - - drivedll exe C Program Files x Roxio OEM Roxio Burn RoxioBurnLauncher exe C Program Files x Elaborate Bytes VirtualCloneDrive VCDDaemon exe C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files Intel TurboBoost SignalIslandUi exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows SysWOW PnkBstrA exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared files RichVideo exe C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup sftservice EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files x Intel Bluetooth obexsrv exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Win... Read more

A:Anti-Malware Programs find same infections even after clean/restart

Hi there,there are indeed quite a few malware entries in your log..Please download Combofix (by sUBs) and save it to your Desktop.Disable the realtime-protection of your antivirus and anti-malware programs because they might interfere with the scan.Start Combofix.exe and follow its instructions.Do not use the computer while the scan is running. This may cause the program to stall.When finished, a log file will be displayed (that can also be found at C:\Combofix.txt).Please copy and paste the contents of this file into your next post.Note: If you receive an error "Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion." after the scan, just restart the computer.(You can find more detailed instructions in this guide on using Combofix.)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/523230/anti-malware-programs-find-same-infections-even-after-cleanrestart/
Relevancy 40.42%

i have win 7 and it is working fine with lots of programs, paid and free and many without discs etc.
i expect to set up a dual boot ... win 7 and win 10
i have never created a dual boot before and i'm not a "techy"

#1 can the win 10 find what ever it needs and run the "installed" win 7 programs?

#2 should i just plod along with the win 10 and gradually download and install programs on win 10 while using win 7 for most of my work until i get most of the programs running in win 10?
i can't afford to buy a bunch more programs and i'm getting too old to just jump in and find and download/install a bunch of programs all at once

#3 how will auto updates of windows and other programs and drivers work with the dual boot setup?

thanks for your comments/advice

A:Solved: win 10 dual boot can win 10 find and run programs installed by win 7 "Windows

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-win-10-dual-boot-can-win-10-find-and-run-programs-installed-by-win-7-windows.1149945/
Relevancy 40.42%

programs like driver genius and even windows update cannot find or connect to the update servers to get their latest updates. The problem started yesterday. when troubleshooting with windows for internet connection problems i get a message advising, The device or resource (www.microsoft.com) is not set up to accept connections on port "The World Wide Web service (HTTP)". I am unsure of how to proceed with this, please can anybody help .Many thanks in advance. using win 7 ultimate

A:Solved: browsers can surf web fine! But programs cannot find their update servers ??

I'd get ird of Driver Genius, for starters. Drivers do not need to be updated if working, and updates can lead to problems, possibly even this one.

Try turning off your firewall and see if that makes any difference.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-browsers-can-surf-web-fine-but-programs-cannot-find-their-update-servers.943329/
Relevancy 38.27%

We hope to buy a new desktop computer soon with the hope that it will be able to be used for up to five years from now. I see lots of things advertised about PCs, but nobody tells me what these things actually DO. What should we buy to go into the new computer? I don't want brand recommendations here. I want to know what these new PCs can do and what to include in a list that we give someone to build a new system for us that we can use for the next few years. I'm esepcially interested in internet television/radio capabilities. So, WHAT does the computer of today do?
Thanks. SARA
replies okay to me here also: [email protected]
P.S. I didn't know what forum to post this in. Please move it if I sent it to the wrong place.

Relevancy 38.27%

I just had a user come in with a problem with IE on her desktop so I thought I would see if the Modern UI browser would have the same problem. When I went to her Start/Tile screen, all she had was the white tile with the blue "E" which took me back to her desktop IE. Could not find the blue tile with the white "E" which on my Windows 8 is my Metro/Modern UI browser. Is there a way to put back the Modern UI IE? I went under all applications and it wasn't there either. Why would it be obliterated from her system in the first place?

A:IE in Modern UI?

Hello OrlandoTek,

Usually the modern IE is not available on Start when Internet Explorer is not set as the default browser. Here are some other items to check as well.

Internet Explorer Modern - Restore in Windows 8

Hope this helps.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/35087-ie-modern-ui.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right topic to post it to, but I want to build a PC and I have chosen the parts.
I'd like to ask you how well would this pc run GTA V, FC 4, Fallout 4 etc on ULTRA settings with 144hz monitor?
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/JJ72vK
There are the specs. All feedback is welcomed
If there is anything I should change or add please tell me.

Relevancy 37.84%

I have to say that I'm quite impressed with Chrome's Modern UI interface on Windows 8. It's nice to have a full desktop browsing experience without having to switch to the desktop. My days of using Opera as my primary browser may be over!

A:Chrome in the Modern UI

F11 / Fullscreen is also something that takes all the screen on the desktop version. But yeah, every browser now needs a Metro version as well.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/9875-chrome-modern-ui.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Check out this project of mine with 263 icons modified to look more Metro
LINK : MAXIMUM MODERN UI by ~nan0j0k3r on deviantART
UPDATED LINKS MAXIMUM MODERN UI UPDATE 3/14/2013 by ~nan0j0k3r on deviantART
and MAXIMUM MODERN UI BETA 1 (4/15/2013) by ~nan0j0k3r on deviantART

A:Maximum modern ui

I definitely like this!!!��

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/22001-maximum-modern-ui.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I've been using Internet Explorer 6 for ages and I'm perfectly happy with it, but some sites I visit keep advising me that my browser is outdated and will soon be ineffective on some sites, such as facebook. I keep getting advised to upgrade to a "modern browser" such as firefox or IE8 or some other one, I forget which. Anyway, I don't really know which one I should be upgrading to, having been using IE forever I'm inclined to just get their latest version, but I thought I'd make an effort to look into the alternatives. Soooo, my question is, what are the pros and cons of different browsers and is there one that stands out above the rest that you'd recommend, and why?? Thanks much for any advise or guidance.

A:what modern browser is best?

try Safari 4

http://www.apple.com/safari/download/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/what-modern-browser-is-best-428564.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Solitaire with App? Corrupt Someone Help Modern a Can won't start - it crashes after the splash screen I tried to update it through the store but it fails My Can Someone Help with a Corrupt Modern App? first thought was to manually remove it using PowerShell but attempting to remove it generates this error Code PS C Users teddy gt remove-appxpackage -package Microsoft MicrosoftSolitaireCollection x wekyb d bbwe remove-appxpackage Deployment failed with HRESULT x CF Package could not be registered Exception from HRESULT x CF NOTE For additional information look for ActivityId c b -aa e- -b d- d eaad in the Event Log or use the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID c b -aa e- -b d- d eaad At line char remove-appxpackage -package Microsoft MicrosoftSolitaireCollection CategoryInfo WriteError Microsoft Micro wekyb d bbwe String Remove-AppxPackage IOException FullyQualifiedErrorId DeploymentError Microsoft Windows Appx PackageManager Commands RemoveAppxPackageCommand When I request the log I get Code PS C Users teddy gt get-appxlog -activityid c b -aa e- -b d- d eaad Time ID Message ---- -- ------- The calling process is powershell exe Started deployment Remove operation on a package with main parameter Microsoft MicrosoftSolitaireCollection x wekyb d bbwe and Options See http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId for help diagnosing app deployment issues Creating Resiliency File C ProgramData Microsoft Windows AppRepository ef ec - bce- c - f -f c be f S- - - - - - - rsl c for Remove Operation on Package Microsoft MicrosoftSolitaireCollection x wekyb d bbwe Deployment Remove operation on package Microsoft MicrosoftSolitaireCollection x wekyb d bbwe has been de-queued and is running for user TEDDYSSURFACE teddy About to service package Microsoft MicrosoftSolitaireCollection x wekyb d bbwe Setting the package state to disabled returned with x C Program Files WindowsApps Microsoft MicrosoftSolitaireCollection x wekyb d bbwe AppxManifest xml warning The 'windows publisherCacheFolders' extension category in the Microsoft MicrosoftSolitaireCollection x wekyb d bbwe package is unrecognized error x Reading manifest from location C ProgramData Microsoft Windo ws AppRepository Microsoft MicrosoftSolitaireCollection neutral split scale- wekyb d bbwe xml failed with error The system cannot find the file specified error x Reading manifest from location AppxManifest xml failed with error The system cannot find the path specified error x Cannot register the Microsoft MicrosoftSolitaireCollection neutral split scale- wekyb d bbwe package because the following error was encountered while trying to read the package The system cannot find the path specified error x Cannot register the Microsoft MicrosoftSolitaireCollection wekyb d bbwe package due to the following error The system cannot find the path specified The last successful state reached was ResolvedDeferredRegistrations Failure occurred before reaching the next state RegistrationChanged Finished servicing package Microsoft MicrosoftSolitaireCollection x wekyb d bbwe Setting the package state to enabled returned with x Deployment Remove operation with target volume C on Package Microsoft MicrosoftSolitaireCollection x wekyb d bbwe from Microsoft MicrosoftSolitaireCollection x wekyb d bbwe failed with error x CF See http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId for help diagnosing app deployment issues error x Deleting file C Program Files WindowsApps Deleted CardinalBlue P icCollage x nyvb jmhdxy g b c - e c- b-baee- ccaf f ClrCom pression dll failed error x Deleting file C Program Files WindowsApps Deleted CardinalBlue P icCollage x nyvb jmhdxy g b c - e c- b-baee- ccaf f Lumia Imaging dll failed error x Deleting file C Program Files WindowsApps Deleted CardinalBlue PicCollage x nyvb jmhdxy g b c - e c- b-baee- ccaf f failed Can anyone help me decipher what's going on I just want to play some mindless cards

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/50008-can-someone-help-corrupt-modern-app.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I have a problem with the graphic-settings... after I upgraded to windows7 do I have to use a higher resolution or else I get two fat, black stripes on each side of the game-window. How can i play "full-screen" again with my old resolution? Because my computer can't really handle it set too high

I've also tried ajusting the "Aspect Ratio", but no difference...

Relevancy 37.84%

I am reading everywhere that Windows 8 is not being very successful by now, but the big thing with Windows 8 is Modern UI and the whole new ecosystem of apps, market and interface.

And I still don't know how much are Windows 8 users using all of it.

For instance, I never use Modern UI at all. I never check the app market, never install apps, never use them...

What about you?

*NOTE: NEVER also means RARELY, too little use to being called occasional use.

I wanted to change the survey but the system won't allow it. So please take it for NEVER or RARELY.

A:So, do you use W8 Modern UI apps?

I never use 'em, and I'm not likely to.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/16259-so-do-you-use-w8-modern-ui-apps.html
Relevancy 37.84%

i was having a bit of lag in SWTOR beta (hopefully i wont on launch)
i can run skyrim on ultra fairly easy
my specs are the following:
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.110617-0336)
Language: Danish (Regional Setting: Danish)
System Manufacturer: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO.,LTD
System Model: MS-7519
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: I/T
Memory: 3070MB RAM
Page File: 4623MB used, 1735MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
(i did this in dxdiag)

Relevancy 37.84%

I don't play many games nowadays. Certainly not the newer ones as I tend to stick with games I've owned for years. One thing that concerns me is the size of install of the modern games. I've seen a couple of late that shocked me because they are 40-50 gb in size. That seems utter madness. Is that the norm nowadays? I was thinking of getting myself back into Steam but I don't fancy kicking off downloads that seem so large or even wasting such a large % of my hard drive to a single game.

A:Are most modern games always about 50 gb?

Hi Scotty,

It appears the games just keep getting larger in size with no end in sight. In fact, there are a few out there that are well over 100GB in size. However, you can still find some games that are relatively small in size but who wants to buy a game based on size?

Good luck,

aardvark

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/57541-most-modern-games-always-about-50-gb.html
Relevancy 37.84%

after installing MW2 on my pc, i tried to run the game. however i could not start the game and a error message pop up, it reads:
Error during initialization:
Video card or driver doesn't support UBYTE4N vertex data.

can anyone help??thx