Windows Support Forum

windows 8.1 transferable?

Q: windows 8.1 transferable?

Hello I need a new copy of windows either OEM one 1PC full licence.

If I update a PC in the future or do a new complete build , I the windows 8.1 FULL 1 PC version transferable to the new/upgraded PC ?

thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: windows 8.1 transferable?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: windows 8.1 transferable?

If you purchased a copy of windows 8.x or upgraded to it from a retail version of Windows then you can transfer to any PC you own. If the OS came with a Dell, HP, Compaq, etc. then you cannot.

Quote:

Can I transfer the software to another computer or user? You may transfer the software to another computer that belongs to you. You may also transfer the software (together with the license) to a computer owned by someone else if a) you are the first licensed user of the software and b) the new user agrees to the terms of this agreement. To make that transfer, you must transfer the original media, the certificate of authenticity, the product key and the proof of purchase directly to that other person, without retaining any copies of the software.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/windows-8-1-transferable-860417.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi. I have a relatively small hdd with a genuine windows 7 op installed. Is it possibly to remove this licence and install on a larger hdd? If so how would I go about it?

Many thanks in advance. Danny

A:Windows 7 licence transferable?

On the same PC yes, reinstall using the key code on the sticker on the side, or image the old drive to the new.

What brand/model drives are involved?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-licence-transferable-675190.html
Relevancy 62.78%

i had an hp laptop for approximately 1 year and after the warrranty expired, the laptop motherboard failed and it was lost for good. i want to know if there is any way i can still use the OEM license for Windows 7 Home Premium??? this transfer would be made to a toshiba laptop. the OS came preinstalled when i purchased the laptop

and the thing is, the HP laptop was Windows 7 x64 but the toshiba laptop is x86 so there's another question, if a x64 license works whne installing an x86 version of Windows 7 HP.

edit: i figured out that you cant from a simple search, which is what i should've done before i posted this . . . that sucks that i cant transfer the OS AT ALL

A:OEM copy of Windows 7, transferable??

Probably not to a Toshiba board... but another HP...

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/205518-oem-copy-windows-7-transferable.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Yes, I know they are, depending on the circumstance (like for identical Windows versions)... And this is a new one:

I gave an old ME machine to my church, and put Ubuntu 6.06 on it. I have the install disk for ME (useless - it was an OEM version), AND, I have the COA sticker (useFUL???).

So, with my generic XP install disk, can I install XP to a new build, and activate it with the ME COA?

Relevancy 52.89%

Recently I had an issue with my main windows account where it couldn't run microsoft edge or the calculator app The tiles under the start menu were also missing and Which are transferable? files AppData the settings option disappeared from the start menu as well I ended up creating a second windows account which didn't have any of the problems listed above In trying to make the second account into my old account I wanted to retain my bookmarks in firefox and other application Which AppData files are transferable? settings so I ended up copying my old account's AppData folder into the new account's AppData folder However after restarting my computer Which AppData files are transferable? the Which AppData files are transferable? new account started having the same issues as the old Now creating a new account again I was wanting to make sure I do it right this time and came to ask about the AppData folder Which files in the AppData folder are safe to copy over from the old AppData folder to the new and which should I avoid I assume the roaming folder contents are okay to transfer but what about the local folder contents

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/which-appdata-files-are-transferable-1166817.html
Relevancy 52.03%

i have a couple laptops that both came with windows 8.1 that im going to be selling. both were upgraded to win10 during the free upgrade period and both are currently on anniversary edition. when i look at the activation page, it says "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your microsoft account". naturally, i will reset windows before sale so does this mean the new owner will not be able to activate windows 10 since it wont be done with my acct? do i need to track down restore media for each and put win8 back on?

A:is the free win10 upgrade transferable to another owner?

That's actually very interesting because historically and even when I had my stint on Windows 10, the license is tied to the machine, not the user. What I would do is reset those laptops and set them up with a local account and see if the activation status is an issue.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/445645-free-win10-upgrade-transferable-another-owner.html
Relevancy 17.2%

Microsoft announced recently that Windows 7 SP1 & Windows 8.1 users have until July 29, 2016 to exercise their option to upgrade their systems to Windows 10 for free  Effective July 29, 2016, Windows 7 SP1 & Windows 8.1 users will have to purchase the Windows 10 upgrade from Microsoft  Microsoft's goal is to help our customers get the most secure and best version of Windows before the promotional offer expires on July 29  Effective immediately, customers on Windows 7 SP1, and Windows 8.1 whose Windows Update settings are configured to accept 'Recommended' updates may start seeing the below notification even if they have not previously reserved the Windows 10 upgrade  If the customer does not cancel or reschedule, by default the upgrade will install at the scheduled time. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19981533
Relevancy 17.2%

The above 2 updates keep coming to my Windows Update but when I install the (2) KB's it says download not installed "Try again" and in History "Install Fail". Please help me, sooo frustrated at this point, usually don't have
issues

Ruth M. Stauffer

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/599d69e5-c521-4cfc-8f75-9f2b8ea1547f/security-update-for-microsoft-net-framework-11-sp1-on-windows-xp-windows-vista-and-windows?forum=itprovistasecurity
Relevancy 17.2%

Microsoft announced recently that Windows 7 SP1 & Windows 8.1 users have until July 29, 2016 to exercise their option to upgrade their systems to Windows 10 for free  Effective July 29, 2016, Windows 7 SP1 & Windows 8.1 users will have to purchase the Windows 10 upgrade from Microsoft  Microsoft's goal is to help our customers get the most secure and best version of Windows before the promotional offer expires on July 29  Effective immediately, customers on Windows 7 SP1, and Windows 8.1 whose Windows Update settings are configured to accept 'Recommended' updates may start seeing the below notification even if they have not previously reserved the Windows 10 upgrade  If the customer does not cancel or reschedule, by default the upgrade will install at the scheduled time 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19981529
Relevancy 17.2%

Microsoft announced recently that Windows 7 SP1 & Windows 8.1 users have until July 29, 2016 to exercise their option to upgrade their systems to Windows 10 for free

Effective July 29, 2016, Windows 7 SP1 & Windows 8.1 users will have to purchase the Windows 10 upgrade from Microsoft

Microsoft's goal is to help our customers get the most secure and best version of Windows before the promotional offer expires on July 29

Effective immediately, customers on Windows 7 SP1, and Windows 8.1 whose Windows Update settings are configured to accept 'Recommended' updates may start seeing the below notification even if they have not previously reserved the Windows 10 upgrade

If the customer does not cancel or reschedule, by default the upgrade will install at the scheduled time

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19981416
Relevancy 17.2%

Hi,I have been looking for a solution to upgrade my Inspiron 1525 laptop, preinstalled with Vista Home Premium 32 bits when I bought it.The target is to prepare path to upgrade to Windows 10.I need Windows 7 or 8 to start with.I could not find a way on Dell website.
Many thanks in advance !Isabelle

A:Upgrade for my Inspiron 1525 Laptop from Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bits to Windows 7 or 8 and then to Windows 10

Hi,
Thank you for writing to us!
We would like to inform you that the Inspiron 1525 is not tested for windows 10 and we would not suggest that you upgrade the version of windows 
Kindly private message the service tag and email address.
Thanks
Robin

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19983486
Relevancy 17.2%
Relevancy 17.2%

i am not good at english hope i can make myself clear hello everyone this is all my fault i download a movie call quot Brave quot via torrent from internet after download i can t open the video file the readme file tell me that i need to install a decoder software in the same folder i use the and services.msc Windows server security missing windows update firewall windows in center, microsoft security essential to scan this quot decoder quot all good so i install it after scaning then bad thing happened missing server Windows security center, windows firewall and windows update in services.msc the microsoft security essential realtime protection shut down windows fire wall shut down windows update shut down the most important all of those three could not be restart and i can t find each of them in the services msci search on google for a solution it take a long time finally i found something on the google the solution is use quot sc quot command to recreate the service on services msc then i missing server Windows security center, windows firewall and windows update in services.msc download a reg file called quot wscsvc reg quot from that site and import it to the system http pressf pcworld co nz showthread php -Win -Security-Centre-service-missing-after-malware-infectionWindows Registry Editor Version HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet services wscsvc quot DisplayName quot quot SystemRoot System wscsvc dll - quot quot ErrorControl quot dword quot ImagePath quot hex d f f c d c f e d b c f c e f b quot Start quot dword quot Type quot dword quot Description quot quot SystemRoot System wscsvc dll - quot quot DependOnService quot hex e d d quot ObjectName quot quot NT AUTHORITY LocalService quot quot ServiceSidType quot dword quot RequiredPrivileges quot hex e e f c d f e c quot DelayedAutoStart quot dword quot FailureActions quot hex c d e HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet services wscsvc Parameters quot ServiceDllUnloadOnStop quot dword quot ServiceDll quot hex d f f c d c e c c HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet services wscsvc Security quot Security quot hex c d c ff f fd ff f d d b d e dc f e e a b eb ca b after that i can see the security center in the services msc but it still can t active automaticly i change some property of security center after start my computer microsoft security essential realtime protection active and turn green But i still can t make windows update and windows fire wall functional PLEASE i need your help Security Check result Results of screen s Security Check version Windows Service Pack x UAC is enabled Internet Explorer Antivirus Firewall Check span Microsoft Security Essentials Antivirus up to date Anti-malware Other Utilities Check span Java Update Java version out of Date Adobe Flash Player Flash Player out of Date Adobe Reader X Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Google Chrome Google Chrome plugins Process Check objlist exe by Laurent span Microsoft Security Essentials MSMpEng exe Microsoft Security Essentials msseces exe System Health check span Total Fragmentation on Drive C End of Log span Farbar Service Scanner FSS result Farbar Service Scanner Version - - Ran by Solomon administrator on - - at Running from quot C Users Solomon Downloads quot Microsoft Windows Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Internet Services Connection Status Localhost is accessible LAN connected WAN connectedGoogle IP is accessible Google com is accessible Yahoo IP is accessible Yahoo com is accessible Windows Firewall mpsdrv Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of mpsdrv service is OK The ImagePath of mpsdrv service is OK MpsSvc Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve start type of MpsSvc The value does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve ImagePath of MpsSvc The value does not exist Unable to retrieve ServiceDll of MpsSvc The value does not exist bfe Service is not running C... Read more

A:missing server Windows security center, windows firewall and windows update in services.msc

DownloadTDSSkillerLaunch it.Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file systemClick on "Scan".Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive) Do not change the default options on scan resultsDownloadaswMBRLaunch it, allow it to download latest Avast! virus definitionsClick the "Scan" button to start scan.After scan finishes,click on Save logPost the log results hereDownloadESET online scannerInstall itClick on START,it should download the virus definitionsWhen scan gets completed,click on LIST of found threatsExport the list to desktop,copy the contents of the text file in your reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/467248/missing-server-windows-security-center-windows-firewall-and-windows-update-in-servicesmsc/
Relevancy 17.2%

I own several computers. Some PC's and a mid-2010 iMac 27 inch. Windows 10 upgrade worked fine on my PC's. After I signed up for the upgrade on my iMac Bootcamp running Windows 7 Ultimate, Apple announced it will not support my particular iMac version. I
have tried to no avail to stop the Windows 10 upgrade, which has failed several times. I have uninstalled Windows updates associated with the upgrade: KB 3035583, KB 3033929, and KB2952664, and hidden them in Windows Update. Any suggestions as to how to stop
Windows 10 upgrade? Any work around to install the upgrade on my iMac?

Thanks, Jeff

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/05a5d1da-be71-43ec-a66f-a1cfc1ce5a71/windows-10-keeps-trying-to-upgrade-on-windows-7-ultimate-running-on-a-imac-bootcamp-which-does?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 17.2%

How to install Windows 10 on a Dell OptiPlex 3040 MT coming with Windows 7 Pro x64 installed (and which includes a Windows 10 Pro license)?
The system comes with a DVD labeled Windows 10 Pro x64 reading "use to reinstall the operating system on a system with OS installed"

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19990676
Relevancy 17.2%

IN Windows 7 my back up was working fine. I then upgraded to Windows 10. Due to heating problems with my laptop I downgraded back to Windows 7. Now I find that many systems are not working including the back. It just gives me this error.

I have already done the " restore default libraries" as suggested in some blogs but the problem persists. 
Can you help me this problems and the other issues of programmes not updating automatically. 
thanks 
Sanjay

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f0e1377c-98be-4ea8-b494-ebbbeeaebfe7/backup-of-windows-not-working-displaying-error-0x81000031-after-downgrading-from-windows-10-to?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 17.2%

Hey all,

Firstly I hope i have posted this in the right forum.

As the name states I can not use any of my windows security I know this is because of a fake anti virus i had at one point, I also can't install any other virus protection or firewalls onto my computer.

I'm assuming this has to do with what the virus has done with my computers registry, correct me if I'm wrong.

I want to restore my registry back to its default I have tried the reg restore /? command in cmd but it comes up with (see attached picture) and am not sure what this means or for the next step for me to take to continue the command.

Is there any down side to restoring my registry to its default as well?

A:Unable to use windows fire wall or windows update all windows security disabled..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-use-windows-fire-wall-or-windows-update-all-windows-security-disabled.1069859/
Relevancy 17.2%

I cannot figure out how to get all of my email stores moved from my old PC (Windows Vista/Windows Mail) to my new PC (Windows 7/Outlook 2013). Is there a way to successfully do this or do I need to give up?? When trying to use the export function for messages in windows mail it comes up with an error message to say 'The export could not be performed. An error accured while initializing MAPI.' All my email accounts are POP3. I did find the email stores and transfered them manually to the new PC but I opened them on the new PC in outlook then only a small fraction of emails was there and they were all jumbled up and my folder structure did not transfer. Can this transfer be done or not? Hope to get some useful answer. Cheers, Torsten.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/304341-how-move-emails-windows-vista-windows-mail-windows-7-outlook-2013-dif.html
Relevancy 17.2%

I cannot figure out how to get all of my email stores moved from my old PC (Windows Vista/Windows Mail) to my new PC (Windows 7/Outlook 2013). Is there a way to successfully do this or do I need to give up?? When trying to use the export function for messages in windows mail it comes up with an error message to say 'The export could not be performed. An error accured while initializing MAPI.' All my email accounts are POP3. I did find the email stores and transfered them manually to the new PC but I opened them on the new PC in outlook then only a small fraction of emails was there and they were all jumbled up and my folder structure did not transfer. Can this transfer be done or not? Hope to get some useful answer. Cheers, Torsten.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/304341-how-move-emails-windows-vista-windows-mail-windows-7-outlook-2013-dif.html
Relevancy 16.77%

Hi guys maybe u can help me. I had Windows 8.1 x64 and windows 7 x64 dual booting with EasyBCD. It was all fine i had it booting up like this

Then i installed Windows 10 Tech on my SSD drive and all of a sudden it went to this

How do i get it back the other way like the first image

Thank u guys here at MT

A:Dual booting Windows 8.1 x64 Windows 7 x64. Then added SSD Windows 10 tech preview

>>Well First u boot to windows 8
>>Open "Run" and Type "msconfig.exe"

>>Under Boot, change the 'default OS' to "Windows 7"
>>And check/tick "No GUI Boot"
>>And check "Make boot device permanent"

Finally Apply and Ok
Hope This helps.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/dual-booting-windows-8-1-x64-windows-7-x64-then-added-ssd-windows-10-tech-preview.40419/
Relevancy 16.77%

How to install Windows 10 on a Dell OptiPlex 3040 MT with Windows 7 Pro preinstalled (includes Windows 10 Pro) ?
The system comes with a DVD labeled Windows 10 Pro x64 and reading "to be used on a system with an OS installed and to be used only to reinstall the operating system".

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19990677
Relevancy 16.77%

Hello I have an HP laptop running Windows Home Premium Service Pack on an HP Pavilion dm -Notebook PC It has GB of installed memory and a bit operating system Windows is activated and I have Product ID I download Windows but could not deal with it and rolled back to Windows Now my Windows Live Mail does not work correctly I keep getting a message quot Recovering Windows Live Mail database I get part of my mail and part of it can no longer be opened or deleted I have figured out that when I rolled back to Windows a second database was created into which mail is also going How to I rectify this issue I am not very technically inclined so I need very specific instructions on how to fix this Is there anyone out there who will help me I have been laid off from work and have no funds to take this into a shop to be repaired and I am frantic Thank you Tiny Trish

A:Rolled Back Windows 10 to Windows 7 - Now big Windows Live Mail issues

If the accounts are IMAP you can recreate them in the mail client and it will download all the mail afresh from the remote server. But if they are POP you have to work with the local database. Even if they are IMAP I would make a backup of the existing database.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/379069-rolled-back-windows-10-windows-7-now-big-windows-live-mail-issues.html
Relevancy 16.77%

I implement Point of Sale systems. Currently our POS network may have a mix of Windows platforms, mostly 7 Pro and 8.1. Windows updates need to be installed, but we handle this process manually, with the setting "download updates but let me choose
when to install them". I'm looking for a way that our clients can sit down periodically on the main computer and install updates (during non-business hours), and also push them out to the other computers in the workgroup (which may be on a different OS).
Is this possible?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f13ba94b-9364-4d5b-8a70-fa05f3b461f7/can-i-deploy-windows-updates-to-windows-clients-from-a-windows-7-computer-in-a-workgroup?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 16.77%

I have a Lenovo Y410P, I want to downgrade from Windows 8 and I whipped my hard drive. I also set all of the correct setting such as:Converting HDD from GBT to MBR
Deleting Volumes
Formatting HDD
Setting Legacy Boot
Changing Boot Priorites
Removing Secure Boot
Making OS setting for other OS
I have looked up my issue and followed various guides

Link to my laptop: Amazon.com : Lenovo IdeaPad Y410p 59399853 Laptop Computer (2.40GHz 4th Generation Intel Core i7-4700MQ processor, 8.0GB PC3-12800 DDR3L SDRAM, 1TB 5400 RPM 24GB SSD, Windows 8.1 64-bit) : Computers & Accessories

Link to guides I have followed:https://social.technet.microsoft.com...g-installation
Windows 7 stalls at

I am using a disc of Windows 7 x64 Bit.

Anything else I should add let me know? This is my first post.

A:Windows 8 Downgrade to Windows 7 Lenovo Y410p. Windows install stuck.

What does "whipped hard drive" mean ?

Why are you following guides about an installation error - have you had that happen?

Not sure what the question is.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/357873-windows-8-downgrade-windows-7-lenovo-y410p-windows-install-stuck.html
Relevancy 16.34%

I have installed dual boot OS in my desktop.
WD 1TB (500GB windows XP and 500GB windows 7) ALL 32 BIT.
I installed the windows XP first.
The Windows XP had installed on first partition and 2nd partition is Windows 7.

The XP boot in to windows without any problem.
But the windows 7 right after showing the logo, then no display.

Here are PC boot loader

earlier windows operation=XP
Windows 7

Did I did something wrong?

A:Windows XP and Windows 7 dual boot. Problem with Windows 7 start up

Did Windows 7 finish installing?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/185521-windows-xp-windows-7-dual-boot-problem-windows-7-start-up.html
Relevancy 16.34%

I'm have a very similar problem described by member Eterna on - - I copied and pasted the question below Here is the link Windows Update and Windows Defender not working It was resolved then so i'm hoping I can get the same help would really appreciate any help First I got browser hijacked in IE when I clicked on a link from google search and it took Windows Defender and Update, Firewall Windows errors Windows me to a search engine instead Then I checked windows update and discovered it wasn't working and neither is windows defender firewall and security essentials The rest is as follows Windows Update When I try to run windows update I get the following message Windows Update cannot currently check for Windows Update, Windows Defender and Windows Firewall errors updates because the service is not running You may need to restart your computer Windows Defender When I try to run windows defender I get the following message Windows Defender This program is turned off If you are using another program that checks for harmful or unwanted software use the action center to check that program's status If you would like to use this program click here to turn it on When I click to turn it on I get the following message The specified service does not exist as an installed service Error code x Windows Firewall Update your firewall settings when I try to update by clicking on use recommended settings I get the following message Windows firewall can't change some of your settings Error code x Windows Security Service When I try to turn it on get this message The windows security service can't be started

A:Windows Update, Windows Defender and Windows Firewall errors

Hi I would suggest you have your system checked by a security analyst please follow the instructions here NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum
and make a new thread in the virus,trojan and spyware area

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-update-windows-defender-and-windows-firewall-errors-687133.html
Relevancy 16.34%

I have 4 primary partitions at the moment 2 of which are lenovo windows 7 recovery partitions 1 is the C drive and another has drivers for my hardware. if i did an upgrade on the c drive to windows 8 would i still be able to use the recovery enviornment to restore to windows 7?

A:Upgrading windows 7 to windows 8 beta with windows 7 recovery partitio

Without seeing the disk management screen (start, search, type diskmgmt.msc and <enter>), it is hard to be sure how your partitions are set up.

If you post a screenshot (Alt+PrtSc) open Paint, paste, save, and post the image (insert image button above Reply to Thread text box here) in your next message we may be able to advise you better.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/7865-upgrading-windows-7-windows-8-beta-windows-7-recovery-partitio.html
Relevancy 16.34%

Can someone tell me how to get my windows vista mail to windows 7 live mail?

One problem: the windows vista mail is on a hard drive that is non bootable... I have access to the drive via an installation as a second drive on a windows 7 machine.

So I can see the vista mail folder. Is there a way to get the emails and import them to windows live mail?

Reloading windows vista is not an option.

thanks

A:Windows vista folder to windows live mail in windows 7

My original Windows Mail is currently on my Vista Gateway PC.

I recently purchased a new PC (Win 7) and want to move, copy, restore (whatever) all of that original mail from my Vista PC to my new Win 7 PC.

Some facts to know:

Email is on my Vista PC, version 6 Windows Mail.

I have set up windows Mail on my new PC (Win 7) and version is Windows Mail 2012

I already have some email on my new Win 7 PC.

Can I export mAIL from my old PC to an external hard drive and use that as the tool to import Mail on new pc?

Anxiously awaiting a response that will let me do this.

Don

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/300173-windows-vista-folder-windows-live-mail-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 16.34%

i want ask, usually update applying at welcome and when shutting down screen right? is that normal if my update apply at starting windows logo? is that something wrong with my Windows 7 ?

Regards sle3pingz
Thanks

A:Windows Update Apply at Windows Starting / Windows Logo

That's normal. It's just putting the update to bed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/208088-windows-update-apply-windows-starting-windows-logo.html
Relevancy 16.34%

I've been try many option based on the forum, but all the steps doesn't work at all.
My Windows Store just open for a few second and then closed.
I try wit MSReset.exe but appear message "ms-windows-store:PurgeCaches The remote prosedure call Failed"
I run The Apps Troubleshooter, but i doesn't work too.
Please help me to solve my problem, i so depressed.
Thank You

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/64b669ad-3740-4cbe-95bb-c9c3dd0d1392/windows-store-cant-lunch-after-instal-windows-update-for-windows-81-pro?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 16.34%

Hello Guys probably another victim here's the diagnostic report Could you please help restore Windows Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Another 7 of Windows copy is This Windows 7 windows 7601 - " build no Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code xc c a Windows Product Key - Windows 7 - Another Windows 7 build 7601 " This copy of windows is no -QCPVQ-KHRB -RMV Windows Product Key Hash Rj N NLM JqoBO OzgzTZXgbY Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Windows 7 - Another Windows 7 build 7601 " This copy of windows is no Type OEM SLP Windows OS version ID E-B D- -B -D DBD B Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Home Premium Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files x baidu BaiduBrowser BaiduBrowser exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt E-B D- -B -D DBD B lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -RMV lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt Dell Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt Inspiron N lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt Dell Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt A lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt D C FC lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Malay Peninsula Standard Time GMT lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt DELL lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt WN lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt Software licensing service version Error product key not found Windows Activation Technologies-- gt HrOffline x HrOnline xC C A HealthStatus x Event Time Stamp ActiveX Registered Version Admin Service Registered Version HealthStatus Bitmask Output HWID Data-- gt HWID Hash Current LgAAAAEAAQABAAEAAAABAAAAAwABAAEA GFwt CzqFXMLfxc J Dsq mdplcXQ OEM Activation Data-- gt N A OEM Activation Data-- gt BIOS valid for OA yes Windows marker version x OEMID and OEMTableID Consistent yes BIOS Information ACPI Table Name OEMID Value OEMTableID Value APIC DELL WN FACP DELL WN HPET DELL WN MCFG DELL WN SSDT AMICPU PROC SLIC DELL WN OSFR DELL M Many Thanks Asjad

A:Windows 7 - Another Windows 7 build 7601 " This copy of windows is no

Licensing Data-->
Software licensing service version: 6.1.7601.17514
Error: product key not found.

Please run the following commands in an Elevated Command Prompt window, and post the results

DIR C:\Windows\System32 /AR /S
DIR C:\Windows\System32\7b*.* /ah
ICACLS C:\Windows\System32\7b*.*

Here are some instructions to make life easier
1) To open an Elevated Command Prompt Window (the CP window), click on Start, All Programs, Accessories – then right-click on Command Prompt, and select Run as Administrator. Accept the UAC prompt.
2) To run the commands easier, highlight the block of commands, and right-click on the highlight – select Copy. In the CP Window, click on the black/white icon at top left – select Paste. The commands will run but may not complete the last command, so hit the Enter Key once.
3) To copy the results... click on the Black/White icon in the top left, and select Edit... 'Select All', and hit the Enter key - then use Ctrl+V or r-click+Paste to paste it into your response.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/261538-windows-7-another-windows-7-build-7601-copy-windows-no.html
Relevancy 16.34%

this is a previous post on your Windows load wont \$Windows-BT\Windows\System32\winload.efi site i have a similar problem with a few differences Hi Windows wont load \$Windows-BT\Windows\System32\winload.efi all Short version is that I bought a new Hp laptop with pre-installed Windows Didn t like Windows wont load \$Windows-BT\Windows\System32\winload.efi W for many reasons so tried to install windows according to guided installation instructions from a techie site google took me to The installation stopped after minutes referring to a driver issue I believe and I had to revert to loading Windows wont load \$Windows-BT\Windows\System32\winload.efi up using Windows again to get out of the dos error screen Now the system tells me how I get inconsistent blue screens although I don t physically see a blue screen and every day I boot up it reverts to the Windows Boot Manager screen telling me a recent hardware or software change has resulted in something missing damaged etc Additional message when in the Boot Manager reads File Windows-BT Windows System winload efi Status xc Info the digital signature for this file could not be verified Although Im not an expert it seems to me that the file path mentioned above relates to the part installation of windows - if so how can I remove the part installation clean the system up and reluctantly return to W btw - unable to get help from Windows or Samsung so far quot quot My problem is the same as this person except I can not log into windows at all All i get is HP with a little loading spiral at the bottom i left it alone for days on and it never loaded windows I was able to get to a command propt by pressing F when the computer starts going to repair computer then troubleshoot then advanced setting and got this info Windows Boot Manager -------------------- identifier bootmgr device partition Device HarddiskVolume path EFI Microsoft Boot bootmgfw efi description Windows Boot Manager locale en-US inherit globalsettings default default resumeobject bd a b-efb - e - -dd e a fce displayorder a - - a -ac f-e fb d default toolsdisplayorder memdiag timeout Windows Setup ------------- identifier a - - a -ac f-e fb d device partition C path WINDOWS BT Windows system winload efi description Windows Setup locale en-US inherit bootloadersettings osdevice partition C systemroot WINDOWS BT Windows nx OptOut detecthal Yes winpe Yes Windows Boot Loader ------------------- identifier default device partition C path windows system winload efi description Windows locale en-US inherit bootloadersettings recoverysequence Current recoveryenabled Yes isolatedcontext Yes allowedinmemorysettings x osdevice partition C systemroot windows resumeobject bd a b-efb - e - -dd e a fce nx OptIn bootmenupolicy Standard C windows system gt please help me nbsp

Relevancy 16.34%

I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 8 pro. Now my windows mail won't send or receive emails. I have deleted my email accounts and have started from scratch but no luck. I have also rang my email provider and the reset my password, reset my i.p and they didn't have any luck also. Can anyone help??

A:Upgraded windows 7 to windows 8 pro,windows mail won't send/receive

Unable to send or receive messages for the Aztecdesign (phillip) account. The connection to the server has failed.
Server: 'mail.aztecdesign.com.au'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
Protocol: POP3
Port: 110
Secure(SSL): No
Socket Error: 10013

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/10798-upgraded-windows-7-windows-8-pro-windows-mail-wont-send-receive.html
Relevancy 16.34%

How do I uninstall the bunch of applications that came preinstalled with Vista and don't show up in any uninstaller? I have:
Windows Mail
Windows Media Player
Windows Meeting Space
Windows Movie Maker
Windows Photo Gallery
Windows Anytime Upgrade
Windows Marketplace
standard games like freecell

I don't know which are part of the OS and which are standalone applications — I realise I probably can't uninstall Internet Explorer, but how do I uninstall the above?

A:Uninstall Windows Mail, Windows Media Player, Windows x, etc.

hello ohana
those are all part of the os. but if you go to control panel > programs and features > turn windows features on or off (left hand side) you can turn some of them off. i dont know about uninstalling them.
as for IE , that is the only browser microsoft will let do the updates. so if you plan on updating .dont uninstall it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/uninstall-windows-mail-windows-media-player-windows-x-etc.838748/
Relevancy 16.34%

just curious on what the differences were between xp pro and xp media center edition and then what was better about vista...

A:windows xp vs windows xp media center edition vs windows vista

Vista isn't out yet and there are going to be many versions of it, more than XP. XP Pro is the professional version, it has more options open, security options and all that stuff, but these options aren't exactly built for people who don't know what they're doing. So yea... more "professional" options. Media center is like the OS for really dumb ppl who want just want to watch media. It's all basic-like (http://www.lighttek.com/images/mediacenter.jpg), but it has lots of apps for TV tuners and dvd players and all that so you can use your comp as a TV.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-vs-windows-xp-media-center-edition-vs-windows-vista-104933.html
Relevancy 16.34%

the main thing is each and every install nbsp windows update just searches forever and nothing happens after diagnostic tool it says Datastore edb is corrupted and cant be repaired and each time it download the corrupted Datastore edb can they at leats give a proper service pack for windows nbsp bit ultimate that is then uptodate with working windows update that works after a direct standalone install of sp i use windows update pack windows windows it bit update installed and but in has after Windows out 7 new corrpedted Datastore.edb! ultimate retail and allways downloaded 1 it 64 service bugs ultimate bit and i reinstalled the system allready nbsp times each and every time the same problame that Datastore edb is corrupted and windows update just gets stuck i how you can either releasse a service pack so that windows update works again after a direct install of service pack or a windows update that doesnt use data store cause its yepp Not working i use a amd core with a amd hd readon and gb ram both asus motherboard and grafic as it is now windows update is with windows service pack not useable sincierly Christian Madjari

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/72b8be3b-5ea6-44bc-b1bd-200fa8fb7ec6/windows-update-in-windows-7-64-bit-ultimate-retail-bugs-out-after-service-pack-1-and-it-downloaded?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 16.34%

I purchased a new notebook with Windows 7 in October. During the first weeks I uninstalled McAfee and replaced the harddrive. Since November Windows Update fails with error messages and defender does not start anymore. I made several virus scans (complete) with multiple antivirus programs but nothing showed up.Since it took my days to install various software, I do not want to re-install W7. I also have no good backup that I could restore. I am really surprised that there is not even a single entry regarding the error code in the Microsoft Knowledge base or elsewhere.I really would appreciate help. 

A:Windows Update does not work, Windows Standalone Update Installer stops with error 0xc8000247 (Windows 7 Home Premium on Acer Aspire 1810TZ notebook)

Got it !!!!
If You are using notebooks with with hard drive larger than 700 GB you probably should update Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver.
Here is solution :
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02219204&cc=nl&lc=en&dlc=en&product
Download and install it.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3b716d4c-fb5f-411b-9aee-38af1c529336/windows-update-does-not-work-windows-standalone-update-installer-stops-with-error-0xc8000247?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 16.34%

So after I have prepared the notebook for a user, I normally take a 'windows' image, (backup) before I SOPHOS encrypt. (as I have had this happen before). Since Windows did not load up on this notebook, I have applied the image twice after the notebook fails
to load windows, the third time,  I completely reformatted the drive (erased) and applied the image again. The notebook was working just fine before I applied SOPHOS and run fine before I apply SOPHOS.

Any ideas??

Christopher Espinoza MCDST(XP), MCITP(Win7)

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a3b9f147-337b-4b32-aa5c-b9cb07404d1e/windows-7-hangs-at-quotstarting-windowsquot-but-i-hear-the-sound-that-windows-loaded-after-i?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 15.91%

Hi,

I am using the SDLC Threat Modelling tool 2016 by Microsoft on a Windows 10 virtual Box 32-bit.

When I am trying to generate a final report, it discards all the different risk ratings for each threat, and instead of having the respective high, medium, low levels next to each threat, it produces a html report putting only high next to each
one of them.

Any help?

Regards,

Ioannis (Yannis) Kostakis
Cyber Security Specialist

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5e68812d-fcf6-4359-9c35-fb9755852f2b/question-you-are-subscribed-to-this-thread-applies-to-windows-apps-on-windows-10-other-windows-apps?forum=mata
Relevancy 15.91%

I had Windows Defender installed under Win-7.  I did the upgrade to Windows-10 (straightforward).
However, when booting from cold, and after logging in, a message box has always appeared saying:
"
Windows Defender
This app has been turned off and isn't monitoring your computer.
If you're using another app to check for malicious or unwanted software, use Security and Maintenance to check that app's status.
"
I'm not using any other antivirus - just whatever came with Windows-10.  I originally thought that this would be some wrinkle that would get fixed by an update, but it's still there.
I've looked for ways to uninstall Windows Defender, but can't find a way to do it.  Typing "Defender" into the Search bar brings up an option saying "Windows Defender Desktop App", which when clicked also brings up the message box
mentioned above.
Is there any way to get rid of this message box?
Thanks!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6e83c00c-058b-4248-bceb-9b7e6dc8fd5c/windows-defender-from-windows7-installation-being-found-by-windows-10?forum=itprovistaapps
Relevancy 15.91%

Hello,
Start Windows + Exit Windows does not have any sound. All of the other program event sounds work fine. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Mike

A:Windows XP: Start Windows + Exit Windows = No Sound

Go to control panel / sounds / sounds tab.
Then check to see in the menu that a sound is associated with the event.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-start-windows-exit-windows-no-sound.228094/
Relevancy 15.91%

Build 7100 RC fail to connect(fail to connect through win 7 direct connect and connect through xp mode)Will try our luck through newly released build 7600 enterprise.Build 7600 failed to connect to NT 4.0 too.But both 7100 and 7600 connect to internet or use outlook express to send mail successfully.

A:Is it possible to have windows 7 join a windows NT 4.0 server through windows 7 XP mode.

Hi Sanyulynn, Please understand that XP mode provides the ability to run applications that cannot run natively on Windows 7 within a virtualized XP image. It cannot control host computer. So, we cannot let Windows 7 Join a Windows NT 4.0 server through Windows 7 XP mode.Thanks.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/cb563114-900f-4860-acb9-0c9d7750f840/is-it-possible-to-have-windows-7-join-a-windows-nt-40-server-through-windows-7-xp-mode?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 15.91%

I am totally fed up with that handicapped deformity called "Windows Explorer" under Windows 7. Is there a way to start Windows Explorer from Win 2000 (both the panel and the file manager) under Win7?

I choose the Explorer from Win 2000 over that from Win XP because I like it more and also because the Explorer from Win XP calls some unimplemented function in ntdll on start (with an error) while the Explorer from Win 2000 in compatibilirty mode at least does not report any errors, just silently exits.

A:Running Windows Explorer from Windows 2000 under Windows 7

You can run Win2000 under VMware Player. But you need a key.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/329565-running-windows-explorer-windows-2000-under-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 15.91%

Hiya

This download is for Microsoft Jet 4.0 Service Pack 6 (SP6). There are four versions of the SP6 download. Each download contains updated versions of several .dll files that are included with Microsoft Access 2000, Microsoft Office 2000 Developer, Microsoft Visual Basic version 6.0 or later, and other Microsoft products that incorporate Microsoft Jet database engine 4.x.

Note: Installing the latest Jet update is an important step toward keeping your Jet database in top working condition.

System Requirements
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows NT

Before you install this update, you must install Jet 4.0 Service Pack 3 (SP3) or later installed. If the file msjet40.dll is version 4.00.2927.4 or later, you are running Jet 4.0 SP3 or later. You can download Jet 4.0 SP3 from the Data Access Downloads Web page on MSDN.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/dataaccess.asp

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...6c-7141-42fe-a995-59997d86d079&DisplayLang=en

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/jet-4-0-service-pack-6-sp6-for-windows-95-windows-98-and-windows-nt-4-0-apr1.126736/
Relevancy 15.91%

Will this work if I install it on the XP now and then run it to move files over to 7 later? I am asking because I have the XP on my netbook at my place and the files are to go on my mom's Win7 which is at her place.Edit: Split from: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511628/windows-easy-transfer-from-windows-xp-computer-to-windows-7-computer/. ~ Animal

A:Windows Easy Transfer from Windows Xp computer to Windows 7

Can you please elaborate on what sort of files you want to transfer? A cloud service such as Box or Dropbox might be a better solution.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/512030/windows-easy-transfer-from-windows-xp-computer-to-windows-7/
Relevancy 15.91%

If you decide you don't want or don't like Windows 10 and you want to downgrade to Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, you have 30 days from the upgrade date to do it, or else you'll need to do a clean reinstall.

You can read about it here.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/wind...rade-after-installing-windows-10-488323.shtml

http://news.softpedia.com/news/how-...back-to-windows-7-or-windows-8-1-488317.shtml

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Relevancy 15.91%

Vista was officially released today. If your thinking about using Vista or upgrading, you may want to look at "Windows Easy Transfer for Windows XP and Windows 2000". This will allow you to automatically copy your files, photos, music, email, settings, and more to your new Vista based PC...

A:Windows Easy Transfer For Windows Xp And Windows 2000

There is also a very handy tutorial here at Bleeping Computer which can be found here:Using Windows Easy Transfer to Transfer Your Data to a New Computer:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/transfer-your-data-with-windows-easy-transfer/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/79705/windows-easy-transfer-for-windows-xp-and-windows-2000/
Relevancy 15.91%

I have an application developed in VC++ 2010 , it works in xp , it also runs in Windows 7 when i examine the run in XP function. When i examine the run in xp mode, it pieces a sequence value in HK_LOCAL_USER \Software\microsoft\windowsNT\currentversion\appcompatflags\layers file , and works well.
When i fixed the exact same value in the folder through an program built in VC++ 2010 , it does not work why..?
are there some other dependencies , that i should look into..?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/521544/windows-7-compatibility-windows-registry-windows-xp-issue/
Relevancy 15.91%

I try to join win7 pro  to Windows Server 2008  domain and i get the following error:An attempt  to resolve the DNS name the domain has fail. All firewall are disable and all network discovery are on. I can ping the server and client by computer
name. Nslookup domain name return time out error. With windows XP i was able to join to the same domain with the same configuration .The client and server configuration:

A:Windows 7 PC cannot join new windows 2008r2 server yet windows XP can

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet forums.

It seems more related to server configuration.

Please refer to following article:

Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 domain join displays error "Changing the Primary Domain DNS name
of this computer to "" failed...."

How to Prevent Domain Controllers from Dynamically Registering DNS Names

UseDynamicDns

As this forum focuses on Windows Vista specific issues, this inquiry would best be posted to Windows 7 forum:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverDS/threads

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly
can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. 
Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards
Magon Liu
TechNet Subscriber Support
in forum. If you have any feedback on our support, please contact
[email protected]
 Please remember to click ?Mark as Answer? on the post that helps you, and to click ?Unmark as Answer? if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2761c3e4-9d8a-4da8-ad5b-e7d3c1c42c70/windows-7-pc-cannot-join-new-windows-2008r2-server-yet-windows-xp-can?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 15.91%

Hi,
A quick query... I have a Windows 7 install to which I added a Windows 8.1 install on a separate partition. This updated the bootloader software to Windows 8.1.
Now when I boot, Windows 8.1 boots and presents a graphical menu to select 8.1 or 7.
If I select 8.1 it goes straight to the logon screen of 8.1 because it has already loaded. If I select Windows 7 however, the machine restarts, then goes into 7 (Obviously because it needs to "unload" the Windows 8.1 environment.
My question is, how (technically) is this trick achieved?
Because of the restart of the computer, I am assuming a "one time" flag is set somewhere in the bootloader environment telling it to load Windows 7?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ce3144cc-bfd9-4858-b2b2-37fbcd52a36b/how-does-a-windows-81-dual-booted-with-windows-7-actually-boot-windows-7?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 15.91%

Someone can help me? have windows 8 RTM installed in my HP Pavilion G4
but after trying it for a month, i get bored with it
and missed my windows 7 interface
so anyone can tell me:
how to dual boot my windows 8 alongside windows 7?
or if it isn't possible can i downgrade my windows 8 to windows 7 without losing any files?
THANK YOU

A:Install windows 7 on my windows 8/ dual boot my windows 8

Dual Boot Installation - Windows 8 and Windows 7 or Vista

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/23388-install-windows-7-my-windows-8-dual-boot-my-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 15.91%
Relevancy 15.91%

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:
1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. Choose your language settings, and then click "next."
3. Click "Repair your computer."
If you do not have this disk, contact your system administrator or computer manufacture for assistance.
File: \Windows\system32\config\system
Info: Windows failed to load because the system registry file is missing, or corrupt.

help me Please

A:Windows 7: windows system32 config system windows 7

Did you install anything recently? I recommend going into safe mode and do a system restore and see if that fixes it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/338443-windows-7-windows-system32-config-system-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 15.91%

We recently did a Windows Update to our Windows Vista Home Premium operated system This is the update Windows Vista Service Pack KB Installation Solved: like looks Windows Windows Windows and 95?? Vista Update now date amp amp amp AM Installation status Successful Update type Important Windows Vista Service Pack SP is an update to Windows Vista that addresses key feedback from our customers Windows Vista SP addresses specific reliability and performance issues supports new types of hardware and adds support for several emerging standards After you install this item you will have to restart your computer Click to expand It says it did it on the th but we actually installed it on the th It always off by a day even if the date and time on our computer is right HOWEVER this has changed the appearance of our system back to something that would be on a Windows or earlier computer I am very bugged by this and I m wondering what s happened We installed an update for a Solved: Windows Update and now Windows Vista looks like Windows 95?? Service Pack hoping that it would fix this problem but we turn on the computer this morning and nothing s changed The icons still have the Windows Vista look but that s about it I would like Solved: Windows Update and now Windows Vista looks like Windows 95?? to upload a screenshot of our desktop to give you guys a clear understanding of what s happening however I click the attachment Solved: Windows Update and now Windows Vista looks like Windows 95?? icon above but it doesn t do anything In case you need our computer s system information It s a HP model SR WM with a AMD Athlon X Duel Core Processor GZ GB of RAM and a -bit operating systemClick to expand Do we just need to wait for future updates or change or uninstall the Service Pack I d rather not uninstall it because apparently it s important I appreaciate anyone who is willing to help nbsp

A:Solved: Windows Update and now Windows Vista looks like Windows 95??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-update-and-now-windows-vista-looks-like-windows-95.859751/
Relevancy 15.91%

Okay so here's the deal I had Windows Service Pack Everything was just lovely then I decided to FINALLY upgrade to Windows 3 Windows Boot Now won't past Service Pack Load Windows load Installed Screen Service Pack because some high end Adobe products I was installing suggested it for Installed Windows Service Pack 3 Now Windows won't load past Windows Boot Load Screen better compatibility Aiesh so I took the plunge and tried to upgrade to Windows Service Pack I was smart because of all the horror stories though and did a full backup up all my data including system state etc I set a system restore point the whole nine yards I upgraded with no problems but when the computer restarted it do so got past POST and the windows boot or load screen popped up with the loading bar but windows never loaded A lot of people report having problems where it get's past the windows load screen and just keeps cycle rebooting Or it'll load to the user selection screen welcome screen This is not me I am simply stuck at the windows load screen Picture below for reference So I booted into safe mode with networking searched for help EVERYWHERE and couldn't find any - By the way I could boot into safe mode safe mode with command prompt and safe mode with networking So I used my system restore point that had made before the SP upgrade and now I am typing to you from the comfort of my Service Pack But this ticks me off because I want SP on my system for the sake of those Adobe programs and just because I can't get the dern thing on there it bugs me Does anyone have a suggestion for me as to WHAT is stopping me from have a healthy running version of Windows Service Pack I ran the Service Pack install upgrade as an Administrator in safe mode with ANY program thing that could possibly affect it not running I thought I had all my bases covered but apparently not Any help suggestions It'd be nice for all the other people out there who are having this same problem to get an answer as well P S I am running Windows XP Media Center Edition Version Service Pack hopefully SP soon

A:Installed Windows Service Pack 3 Now Windows won't load past Windows Boot Load Screen

Hi sirdanceal0t,
I had a similar problem when Windows XP SP3 was released it was only designed for Intel processors, so if you have a AMD processor it will cause your system not to load, if you are running a AMD processor if i were you try and get back to the System Restore Point or if that fails reimage your pc and just before installing SP3 looks for the patch/fix for your processor model, then install SP3 and it should all be fine.

On the other hand if you have a Intel processor i woulldn't know what to advise.

Swain90

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installed-windows-service-pack-3-now-windows-wont-load-past-windows-boot-load-screen-418781.html
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi guys!

I'm having trouble installing windows 10. I have the product key, I have downloaded windows 10 but when I click on 'open' on the downloads page my screen flashes and wont do anything. I've tried disabling mcafee and restarted and the issue continues. Anyone have any idea what is causing this or how upgrade from vista to windows 8 or 10?

Thanks!!

Alice

A:How can I upgrade from windows vista to Windows 8 or Windows 10

...I have downloaded windows 10 but when I click on 'open' on the downloads page my screen flashes and wont do anything.
If you have already downloaded Windows 10 why should you click on "open" on the downloads page?  Could you post a link to this download page?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/605585/how-can-i-upgrade-from-windows-vista-to-windows-8-or-windows-10/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hey all I'm rather new here and am semi-competent with computers but 7 problems. upgrade Windows XP to Windows Windows I have no idea what to do here One of my laptops Windows upgrade problems. Windows XP to Windows 7 is running Windows XP x and I actually DON'T have a copy of Windows After the laptop originally got a virus I downgraded from Windows Professional bit system But for some odd reason now that I downgraded it's not picking up wireless capabilities so I'm hoping to upgrade I downloaded an iso file simply because I used my friend's disc to upgrade my other laptop He lost the disc so I'm using an iso as I said above When I go to start the iso file I get the following message Windows Setup This installation disc isn't compatible with your version of Windows To upgrade you need the correct installation disc For more information check your computer's system information To install a new copy of Windows restart boot your computer using the installation disc and then select Custom advanced I have no idea what to do now I'm upgrading to the EXACT same OS that the laptop had previously I've tried using Windows Ultimate and Windows Home Premium bit and I get nothing the same stuff Any suggestions As I said I do not have an actual disc and I'm running off of an iso file Help would be much appreciated seeing as how I need this laptop fixed soon Thank you

A:Windows upgrade problems. Windows XP to Windows 7

So this laptop originally shipped with Win 7 Professional 64-bit and that is what the existing Product Key is for?

If so, the next question would be where did you get the ISO? I assume you burned the ISO to DVD?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/214659-windows-upgrade-problems-windows-xp-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 15.05%

I would like to know if Windows 10 received through using my Windows 7 Update will be also giving out a product key
to use later if problems arise. I may have to do a clean install at a later date or will I then have to pay for a Windows 10
product key?
Garyfargo

Relevancy 15.05%

I installed a full version of Windows on to a new clean Windows Windows Windows 7 8 Recovery File in hard drive and all seems to be working well except for one very unusual issue I went in to Control Paneland accessed Windows File Recovery in Windows back up just as I did in the past with Windows and made an image of my computer The image was successfully made and Windows Windows 7 File Recovery in Windows 8 put on one of my physically Windows Windows 7 File Recovery in Windows 8 separate secondary drives Drive E Once I made the system image I wanted to test that it could be accessed in the event I needed to use it in the future I restarted Windows with the original Windows install repair disk through my CD DVD Blue ray drive and selected the repair function and was able to go through the steps where it was detected and ready to be installed if needed When I was able to see that the image was recognized and ready to use if ever needed I clicked on Cancel so as to not allow the procedure to start and all shut down as expected I removed the Windows disk from my drive and restarted my computer as normal Here is where the problem starts The system booted up and the blue windows logo displayed as normal and the little white circular motion below the logo started in its circular motion signifying that things are happening The problem was that is all that happened The computer was stuck in a forever startup After several minutes I shut down the computer tried it again and same thing it was stuck in virtual start-up After some thought and a lucky gues because it was the last thing I did I un-plugged drive E which had the system image on it and then restarted the computer again and it started up just fine When I plugged hard drive-E back in to the computer it was again stuck in virtual start-up I then removed drive-E and re-formatted it on a different computer using windows then put it back into the computer using Windows and it worked fine In short when I put a system image on a hard drive in my computer then try to access it the computer becomes frozen in a forever start-up Has anyone else had this problem and or any suggestions or help Thank you Louis

A:Windows Windows 7 File Recovery in Windows 8

Just a guess - the repair modified the BCD to point to the recovery image and your bootup was trying to recover the image.

At an elevated prompt, type BCDEDIT and see if it looks normal.

You can probably look for examples pretty easily in these forums.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/24475-windows-windows-7-file-recovery-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi I had my computer brand new with windows vista oem and i need windows xp on my computer along with windows me so i used computer management to create new partition that are gb on each new ones and my windows vista one its something like gb so ok thats enough for what i want to use it for so i went to install windows xp first by going through the windows setup from boot disk it copyed the files no probs then restarted as it does and not it wont carry on from where it left off it comes up start windows normally or fix error or something like that but thats what it does So i went on start windows normally there was no other option and it just goes to windows vista HELP please My windows vista is my recovery disk oem My windows xp is Windows XP ME Windows Installing Windows Vista, and upgrade but i have a new install disk but my upgrade one is home edition which is what i want and my new install is pro but the setup said its ok what ever disk i use My windows me is new install Please Help all post to help are greatful Thank YOU Jaymie

A:Installing Windows Vista, Windows ME and Windows XP

Hi,
I'm not sure you will be able to create a triple boot with ME, XP and Vista without reinstalling Vista - and using a recovery CD will probably reinstall Vista on the C drive.
The easiest (and best) way, IMHO, is to install the oldest OS (ME) first - on the C drive. Then install XP on the D drive in a dual boot configuration with ME followed by installing Vista on the E drive to complete the triple boot (but again the recovery CD will most likely mess it up).

In your case the installations of the different Windows versions would have to be performed "backwards" - first Vista, then XP and finally ME - and AFAIK that is impossible.

Installing XP after Vista isn't too complicated - read this. The trouble is you can't install ME after XP or Vista.

If you had two hard drives it would be possible to "fool" the computer - Keep Vista on the first HDD. With the first HDD disconnected you could install ME, then XP on different partitions on the second HDD. After re-connecting HDD #1 you could either use a "boot manager program" or choose which HDD to boot in BIOS.

Nicholas

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/installing-windows-vista-windows-me-and-windows-xp-155930.html
Relevancy 15.05%

I have Windows 7 on my computer. I rely like it. But I would like to try Windows 10. I have windows 8.1 on my Laptop and I don't like it at all. I am legaly B
blind so tuch screen is vary hard for me to use. I have Windows Virtual PC running XP. Can I install Windows in Windows Virtual PC?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/814677d5-11c3-4da5-b100-402f625abc41/installing-windows-10-on-a-windows-virtual-pc-on-windows-7?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 15.05%

Has anyone tried that Windows 8 migration tool to migrate files, settings and programs from one Windows 8 PC to another Windows 8 PC? I'd like to know how thorough and accurate it is transferring programs and settings.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/62282-windows-8-migration-tool-windows-8-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 15.05%

Just read an article that claims that Microsoft will automatically install Windows on your computer if you have Windows amp This is bad because I personally will never use it http www forbes com sites gordonke c eb quot Happy using Windows or Windows 10 7 Windows Windows Upgrades 8 Automatic Windows Hit And You might not be happy much longer because Microsoft has announced Windows will Windows 10 Automatic Upgrades Hit Windows 7 And Windows 8 now start installing automatically on Windows and Windows PCs The development sees Microsoft follow through on its controversial October roadmap which said Windows would have its status changed in to become a Recommended upgrade in Windows Update In basic terms this means anyone who uses Windows or Windows with default Windows Update settings the vast majority will now see Windows begin installing by itself The good news is Windows and Windows users will still have the power to interrupt the installation once it has started but this still represents by far the most aggressive measure Microsoft has taken to achieve its stated goal of one billion Windows installations by quot Also google quot how to stop Windows from using your PC's bandwidth to update strangers' systems quot Just WOW

A:Windows 10 Automatic Upgrades Hit Windows 7 And Windows 8

Sigh.. another blog from a known anti MS shrill.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/39535-windows-10-automatic-upgrades-hit-windows-7-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 15.05%

I was surprised at the last minute after downloading Windows 10 free upgrade, to find out its without Windows Media Center.
I use my USB TV tuner with the media center pack purchased online "everyday". I got over (15) programs recorded with the-
media center, to make it essential for documentation on my hard drive, and to know why I bought a personal computer.
To see Windows 10 "upset" recorded documentation with no-media center, was a (let-down) by Microsoft's programming of the operating system.
I did the "rollback" to Windows 8.1 Pro in a matter of minutes.
Microsoft should consider the (full-value) need, with Windows Media Center added to the operating system.
Sincerely: Lee Vernon Payne-10/5/2015 - 7:04 AM PST.

Lee Payne

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/cd1d2a90-ddeb-49ef-8c27-97c26126edf6/windows-81-pro-os-better-with-windows-media-center-than-windows-10?forum=w8itproappcompat
Relevancy 15.05%

Quote:

Windows 10 will possibly be the last version of Windows with a version number. After Windows 10, Microsoft will likely continue with updating Windows system components without releasing a full new version of Windows.

A developer evangelist of Microsoft stated that Windows 10 would be ?the last version of Windows?, during Microsoft?s Ignite conference, according to tech website TheVerge.

?Recent comments at Ignite about Windows 10 are reflective of the way Windows will be delivered as a service bringing new innovations and updates in an ongoing manner, with continuous value for our consumer and business customers?, according to a Microsoft spokesman when asked about the statement by the technology website.

Windows 10 is last Windows as we know it - Microsoft to bet on Windows As A Service - Myce.com

and

Microsoft to stop producing Windows versions - BBC News

A:Windows 10 is last Windows as we know it – Microsoft to bet on Windows As A Service

Delivered as a service means paid for as a service, I see annual contractual fees being introduced.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/windows-10-is-last-windows-as-we-know-it-microsoft-to-bet-on-windows-as-a-service-992754.html
Relevancy 15.05%

Can you upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 without having Windows 8 on your system? I have a PC with Vista 64-bit Ultimate so I would need to install Windows 7 and it's updates before going ahead with Windows10.

A:Upgrade Windows Vista to Windows 7 then to Windows 10?

It's possible, but you'd want to make sure your hardware is compatible.I found thishttp://www.howtogeek.com/220996/wha...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/upgrade-windows-vista-to-windows-7-then-to-windows-10/43.html
Relevancy 15.05%

Since I upgraded from WinXP to Win7, I've noticed that C:\Windows files are located in C:\Windows.old\Windows. This happened because, while trying to install Win7, one of my RAM's chips seemed to be broken, stopping the process several times. So, at the end, I throwed it away and I'm with Win7, BUT, with the multiple attempts of install it, the system, apparently, overwrote the OS and, now, I'm using the "old" one.

Does someone have ANY ideas? I could reinstall it, yeah, but I already have some programs and huge stuff so, i prefer to make it as last option.

Since now, I thank you.

A:C:\Windows files are located in C:\Windows.old\Windows

That folder contains your old OS. Once you have everything needed from it you can delete it using Disk Cleanup's Clean Up System Files option. Disk Cleanup - Open and Use - Windows 7 Help Forums

You will have another C:\WIndows folder in the root of C drive for the new Win7 install. Do you see it? It could not be in Windows.old.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/371636-c-windows-files-located-c-windows-old-windows.html
Relevancy 15.05%

Hello. I noticed some slowdown immediately after startup on my laptop. I tried installing 3 OSes, all with the same results. After a couple of days, the computer will work for a couple of minutes, then DRASTIC SLOWDOWN that makes the computer unusuable.

A quick note: When I went to install each OS, even that was slow (I.E. the install windows were slow to come up, overall slow) I suspect hard drive failure.... Please help, as I'll be needing this computer for school soon.

The HDD speed is 5400RPM.

A:Drastic Slowdown in Windows 7, Windows XP and Windows 7. PLEASE HELP

And what OSes did you install and in what order?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/236696-drastic-slowdown-windows-7-windows-xp-windows-7-please-help.html
Relevancy 15.05%

Microsoft has started advertising Windows 10 to users of Windows 7 and 8 with the window that you see above. First noted by a user on Reddit, this window is now being reported by multiple users that Microsoft is allowing them to reserve a copy of the OS for free.Source: http://www.neowin.net/news/windows-7-and-8-users-are-now-able-to-reserve-their-free-copy-of-windows-10Thank you to aworrior for noticing this and reported it in this thread:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575296/the-real-reason-microsoft-is-offering-windows-10-for-free/page-5#entry3722140Edit: Another article, however I can't seem to access it:http://www.winbeta.org/news/microsoft-begins-advertising-windows-10-windows-87-users-notifications-can-now-reserve-freeEdit 2: Installed the KB3035583 which pushes the upgrade (thank you John). After a restart and a few minutes, the icon appeared in my icon tray.(French screenshot I know)

A:Windows 10 being pushed out to Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 users

Pushed out using KB3035583. Even after I hid it the update still pops up under Important updates. I'm glad I didn't download this crap update. Installs another process and puts a GWX folder in system32.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/578012/windows-10-being-pushed-out-to-windows-7-and-windows-81-users/
Relevancy 14.62%

Three weeks ago my husband got a popup for windows antivirus pro and being non computer savvy clicked it and of course it installed It disabled the computer almost completely No programs ran it changed the internet settings and made things Removal/Windows Antivirus - Pro Infected antivirus Pro/Windows Police Windows difficult to do I looked here for instructions to remove it and after running spybot s amp d and combing the registries things returned to normal and I thought I had it contained Monday- he gets another one This time Windows police pro Again I turned to this forum for help This one is nastier than the first It completely disabled everything on his partition error messages stating there were Infected - Windows Police Pro/Windows Antivirus Removal/Windows antivirus Pro exe errors on anything you tried to run Taskbar popup stating quot infected install antivirus now quot and the official looking popup stating that I had no firewall installed I was able to get into the task manager on my partition and on Infected - Windows Police Pro/Windows Antivirus Removal/Windows antivirus Pro my partition found the files that I could and deleted them I had to run exefix to get anything to run at all I disabled antiproex in the msconfig file While nosing around I found shortcuts to windows antivirus pro which lead to the PAVRM exe file but it's nowhere to be found on my computer so I think I have going at once I still cannot get anything to run I downloaded malwarebytes - won't even open Spybot won't open SUPERantispyware only runs through the alternate start and then just terminates without notice I have however been able to remove some through short custom scans His partition starts up and if i try to run anything freezes and then re-boots I can only access the computer through my partition which I am an administrator even though I got messages that the administrator has blocked access to certain programs My partition's background has returned my web surfing is no longer redirected and no longer get any of the popups I can run everything except what I need to remove this I tried to go through all your steps I backed up what I could to cd because the xp backup and drive image xml failed to complete I cleaned my computer I tried more than once to run the dss file I get to the black screen telling me what it's going to do and it closes and then nothing happens I tried to run rootrepeal It opens but the only thing it scans is the processes It scans for about seconds and then terminates without an error message the only thing I can get from it is - C hyberfil sys - locked to the windows API before it shuts down I disabled my avg and unplugged the internet I am at the point that I'm not sure whether or not I should try to save it or just wipe and reinstall edit I was able to get rootrepeal to run on his partition in safemode See report below ROOTREPEAL copy AD - Scan Start Time Program Version Version Windows Version Windows XP SP Drivers ------------------- Name dump atapi sys Image Path C WINDOWS System Drivers dump atapi sys Address xF Size File Visible No Signed - Status - Name dump WMILIB SYS Image Path C WINDOWS System Drivers dump WMILIB SYS Address xFA Size File Visible No Signed - Status - Name rootrepeal sys Image Path C WINDOWS system drivers rootrepeal sys Address xF FE Size File Visible No Signed - Status - Name win k sys Image Path C WINDOWS win k sys Address xF FAA Size File Visible No Signed - Status - Name win k sys Image Path C WINDOWS win k sys Address xF DC Size File Visible No Signed - Status - Stealth Objects ------------------- Object Hidden Module Name UACdbonunoypa dll Process svchost exe PID Address x f Size Object Hidden Module Name kbiwkmjgjktoqb dll Process svchost exe PID Address x Size Object Hidden Module Name kbiwkmjgjktoqb dll Process svchost exe PID Address x Size Hidden Services ------------------- Service Name kbiwkmkvdlftpj Image Path C WINDOWS system drivers kbiwkmbaqjnome sys Service Name kbiwkmm... Read more

A:Infected - Windows Police Pro/Windows Antivirus Removal/Windows antivirus Pro

Nevermind. It was time to wipe it anyway, so I did. But thanks! Keep up the good work here!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/256777/infected-windows-police-prowindows-antivirus-removalwindows-antivirus-pro/
Relevancy 14.62%

I recently performed a system recovery because I was unable to back up to earlier time before we started having computer issues. Anyway I performed a recovery. Stumbled accross this by accident that windows has 3 days before it wall automatically activate. So I clicked activate. It gave me this message header. "The Windows Vista Home Premium product key you typed is invalid for windows activation". There are 3 options. 1 is to Buy a new product key online. 2 is to type a different product key. 3 is to contact Hewlett-Packard Company to resolve this issue. I contacted Hewlett-Packard Company and they had me call Microsoft. Microsoft wants to charge me $100 for something I already own. Very confused. Anyway does anyone have a fix for this. Thank you

A:Windows Vista Home Premium product key you typed is invalid for windows activation

Hi
You have two choices:
You may either reinstall using the recovery partition, if you have one.
or
You could look for the key on the computer. It can be anywhere, including the battery compartment, if you have a lappy.
As a last restort you can try to use magic jelly bean, but I have doubts since you reinstalled.
Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/300988-windows-vista-home-premium-product-key-you-typed-invalid-windows-activation.html
Relevancy 14.62%

Hello all I dont windows windows [Help] close freezes, Recycle delete explorer crashes, bin have been having a problem for quite some time now I'm unsure when it started happening because it's been going on for such a long time now So here's whats been going on Every time i try to delete something [Help] Recycle bin freezes, windows explorer crashes, delete windows dont close it finishes deleting and the 'Deleting' Windows stays open and it tells me its calculating how much time is remaining and it says bytes left o to get rid of the window i have to restart windows explorer from the task manager Another problem i've been having is that when i rename a file i can't X out of the window that i renamed the file in and i have to restart windows explorer for it to work After i restart WE the folder file is renamed The last problem linked to this is that whenever i move copy a file it keeps the 'Moving' window open and i can't close it unless i restart windows explorer It's a real pain to deal with this and if anyone could help me out that would be great I have an HP desktop running Windows Vista x Bit If you need anymore info just let me know Thanks guys -Vinny

A:[Help] Recycle bin freezes, windows explorer crashes, delete windows dont close

Wecome Vinny,
I think that we may be able to solve your problem. Initially, a few reasons come to mind for your problem. Lets go step by step
Update and make a full anti virus scan
Download and make a full scan with Malwarebytes.
Run an SFC scan
System Files - SFC Command
Run 3 times if errors are found.
Finally, if nothing else is found, hit alt cntrl and delete at the same time on your keyboard, bring up task manager.
Go to process, click show process from all users. Then give us a screen shot.
Take a memory test
Guide to using Memtest86+ - Geeks to Go Forums

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/297912-help-recycle-bin-freezes-windows-explorer-crashes-delete-windows-dont-close.html
Relevancy 14.62%

Some news for Windows 7 SP1!!
MS has released the Windows 7 SP1 June 2016 Update Rollup
Microsoft Releases the June 2016 Update Rollup for Windows 7 SP1

This also includes a fix for the extremely slow Windows 7 Update (KB3161647) ...finally
Microsoft Finally Fixes the Painfully Slow Windows Update on Windows 7

https://malwaretips.com/threads/windows-7-sp1-june-2016-update-rollup-fixes-slow-windows-7update.60898/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hello All Windows Laptop Boot on 2003 Server in installed installation Dual already Windows 7 I have Windows Ultimate -Bit Edition installed and working fine Windows 2003 Server installation in Dual Boot on already installed Windows 7 Laptop on the following laptop HP-Dv -Bit Core Duo GB RAM Nvidia Graphics Card It is the only operating system I have two partitions in the laptop harddisk Windows Ultimate is obviously installed on the first partition C I have D almost empty and I can shrink or expand it based on the requirements Now I want to install Windows SR SP Server on the same laptop in Dual Boot Configuration I have read that installing a Windows Xp family operating system on a machine after intallation of Windows Vista family operating system corrupts the boot sector and makes Windows unbootable since both have different operating system files I know i should have installed Windows first and then Windows to ensure a hassle free Windows dual boot system However I want now to save the hassle and do the other way around Can anyone guide me with exact steps or to any other working guide which can ensure that both operating systems would live in harmony in the scenario i have described Maybe someone with a similar experience can share the precautions and consequences Thanks for reading and helping in advance Regards nbsp

A:Windows 2003 Server installation in Dual Boot on already installed Windows 7 Laptop

Couple of things you can do after installing 2003.

Boot from the W7 dvd select repair my computer and do a startup repair, most of the time this fixes the bootloader for W7, but then 2003 may not boot now. So then you need to install a BCD editor software in W7 to get both of them booting properly.

http://neosmart.net/dl.php?id=1

If startup repair does not get W7 booting again, there are some commands you can do from the W7 recovery environment to get the job done, (boot from the W7 cd, select repair my computer, then command prompt)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927392/en-us

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2003-server-installation-in-dual-boot-on-already-installed-windows-7-laptop.878387/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hello This problem just started today when i restarted my pc any help fixing and allowing unable Defender and Client Security me boot causing to windows issues 7 Windows me to use my desktop would be lovely Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by Kristian administrator on OVERKILL-PC on - - Running from J farbar Loaded Profiles False Available profiles Kristian lt ATTENTION Temporary Profile Platform Windows Ultimate Service Pack Windows Defender and Security Client issues causing me unable to boot windows 7 X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum Windows Defender and Security Client issues causing me unable to boot windows 7 topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe Logitech Inc C Program Files x Common Files logishrd LVMVFM UMVPFSrv exe Creative Technology Ltd C Program Files x Creative Shared Files CTAudSvc exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxCUIService exe Stardock Corporation C Program Files x Stardock Object Desktop WindowBlinds VistaSrv exe C Program Files x Stardock Object Desktop WindowBlinds wbvista exe DisplayLink Corp C Program Files DisplayLink Core Software DisplayLinkManager exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe DisplayLink Corp C Program Files DisplayLink Core Software DisplayLinkUserAgent exe Apple Inc C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Windows SysWOW ASGT exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation GeForce Experience Service GfExperienceService exe Intel Corporation C Windows System IPROSetMonitor exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamS exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NetService NvNetworkService exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv nvstreamsvc exe C Program Files x Razer Razer Services GSS GameScannerService exe Razer Inc C Program Files x Razer Core bit RzOvlMon exe Skype Technologies C Program Files x Skype Updater Updater exe TeamViewer GmbH C Program Files x TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv nvstreamsvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Security Client NisSrv exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxEM exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe Saitek C Program Files SmartTechnology Software ProfilerU exe Saitek C Program Files SmartTechnology Software SaiMfd exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation Update Core NvBackend exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver Application iusb mon exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIconLaunch exe Razer Inc C Program Files x Razer Synapse RzSynapse exe Corsair Components Inc C Program Files x Corsair K Keyboard K Hid exe Apple Inc C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe Corsair Components Inc C Program Files x Corsair K Keyboard CorsTra exe Razer USA Ltd C Program Files x Razer Razer StarCraftII RazerStarCraftIISysTray exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Microsoft LifeCam LifeExp exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program... Read more

A:Windows Defender and Security Client issues causing me unable to boot windows 7

Additional scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (x64) Version: 28-01-2015
Ran by Kristian at 2015-01-29 15:05:13
Running from J:\farbar
Boot Mode: Normal
==========================================================
==================== Security Center ========================
(If an entry is included in the fixlist, it will be removed.)
AV: Microsoft Security Essentials (Enabled - Up to date) {4F35CFC4-45A3-FC37-EF17-759A02E39AB1}
AS: Microsoft Security Essentials (Enabled - Up to date) {F4542E20-6399-F3B9-D5A7-4EE87964D00C}
AS: Windows Defender (Disabled - Up to date) {D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}
==================== Installed Programs ======================
(Only the adware programs with "hidden" flag could be added to the fixlist to unhide them. The adware programs should be uninstalled manually.)
Adobe Flash Player 16 ActiveX (HKLM-x32\...\Adobe Flash Player ActiveX) (Version: 16.0.0.296 - Adobe Systems Incorporated)
Apple Application Support (HKLM-x32\...\{46F044A5-CE8B-4196-984E-5BD6525E361D}) (Version: 2.3.6 - Apple Inc.)
Apple Mobile Device Support (HKLM\...\{2EF5D87E-B7BD-458F-8428-E4D0B8B4E65C}) (Version: 7.0.0.117 - Apple Inc.)
Apple Software Update (HKLM-x32\...\{789A5B64-9DD9-4BA5-915A-F0FC0A1B7BFE}) (Version: 2.1.3.127 - Apple Inc.)
ArcSoft ShowBiz (HKLM-x32\...\{4653DA78-3DB2-4F38-A35D-675CA0AF49CA}) (Version:  - ArcSoft)
Asmedia ASM104x USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver (HKLM-x32\...\{E4FB0B39-C991-4EE7-95DD-1A1A7857D33D}) (Version: 1.14.3.0 - Asmedia Technology)
ASUS GPU Tweak (HKLM-x32\...\InstallShield_{532F6E8A-AF97-41C3-915F-39F718EC07D1}) (Version: 2.1.7.1 - ASUSTek COMPUTER INC.)
ASUS GPU Tweak (x32 Version: 2.1.7.1 - ASUSTek COMPUTER INC.) Hidden
ASUS PCE-AC66 WLAN Card Utilities/Driver (HKLM-x32\...\{68209E06-26F0-4C69-AAEA-044605307CAC}) (Version: 2.0.2.4 - ASUS)
Battle.net (HKLM-x32\...\Battle.net) (Version:  - Blizzard Entertainment)
Bonjour (HKLM\...\{6E3610B2-430D-4EB0-81E3-2B57E8B9DE8D}) (Version: 3.0.0.10 - Apple Inc.)
CCleaner (HKLM\...\CCleaner) (Version: 4.13 - Piriform)
Corsair K90 Gaming Keyboard Driver V1.0 (HKLM-x32\...\{E87D1F6D-954D-4BB4-B49D-D394EB460A09}_is1) (Version:  - )
CPUID CPU-Z 1.65.0 (HKLM\...\CPUID CPU-Z_is1) (Version:  - )
Creative System Information (HKLM-x32\...\SysInfo) (Version: 1.10 - Creative Technology Limited)
Curse (HKLM-x32\...\{DEE70742-F4E9-44CA-B2B9-EE95DCF37295}) (Version: 6.0.0.0 - Curse)
DesktopX (HKLM-x32\...\DesktopX) (Version:  - )
DisplayLink Core Software (HKLM\...\{DAA61D41-4809-46C6-9AE4-13A61C54FA23}) (Version: 7.2.47873.0 - DisplayLink Corp.)
Dota 2 (HKLM-x32\...\Steam App 570) (Version:  - Valve)
Foxit Reader (HKLM-x32\...\Foxit Reader_is1) (Version: 6.0.2.413 - Foxit Corporation)
GeForce Experience NvStream Client Components (Version: 1.6.28 - NVIDIA Corporation) Hidden
GIMP 2.8.10 (HKLM\...\GIMP-2_is1) (Version: 2.8.10 - The GIMP Team)
Google Chrome (HKLM-x32\...\Google Chrome) (Version: 39.0.2171.99 - Google Inc.)
Google Earth Plug-in (HKLM-x32\...\{4AB54F11-2F8C-11E3-B09F-B8AC6F97B88E}) (Version: 7.1.2.2041 - Google)
Google Update Helper (x32 Version: 1.3.25.11 - Google Inc.) Hidden
Hauppauge Capture (HKLM-x32\...\Hauppauge Capture) (Version: 1.0.31351 - Hauppauge Computer Works)
Hauppauge Device Central (HKLM-x32\...\Hauppauge Device Central) (Version: 1.3.31349 - Hauppauge Computer Works, Inc.)
Heroes of the Storm (HKLM-x32\...\Heroes of the Storm) (Version:  - Blizzard Entertainment)
HP Officejet Pro 8600 Basic Device Software (HKLM\...\{791A06E2-340F-43B0-8FAB-62D151339362}) (Version: 28.0.1315.0 - Hewlett-Packard Co.)
Intel® Network Connections 17.0.200.2 (HKLM\...\PROSetDX) (Version: 17.0.200.2 - Intel)
Intel® Processor Graphics (HKLM-x32\...\{F0E3AD40-2BBD-4360-9C76-B9AC9A5886EA}) (Version: 10.18.10.3621 - Intel Corporation)
Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (HKLM-x32\...\{3E29EE6C-963A-4aae-86C1-DC237C4A49FC}) (Version: 11.1.0.1006 - Intel Corporation)
Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible H... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/565031/windows-defender-and-security-client-issues-causing-me-unable-to-boot-windows-7/
Relevancy 14.62%

Every time I reboot this one computer at my site the Activation is gone nbsp I reactivate the computer and windows appears to be genuine but once I Professional renders 7 key same Windows is SP1 lost Alternate activation Upon windows - result reboot the reboot again windows once again requires activation MGADiag results Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt nbsp Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code x Windows Product Key - -J D P-XQJJ -GPDD Windows Product Key Hash xgsndMkYdJsYmUng qIJ thx HI Upon reboot Windows 7 Professional SP1 activation is lost - Alternate windows key renders the same result Windows Product ID - - - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type KMS Client Windows OS version Upon reboot Windows 7 Professional SP1 activation is lost - Alternate windows key renders the same result ID E AB -A - A - - C B AF Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr Upon reboot Windows 7 Professional SP1 activation is lost - Alternate windows key renders the same result x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Professional Architecture x Build lab win sp ldr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A nbsp Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x nbsp Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x nbsp OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x nbsp OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - nbsp Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed nbsp File Scan Data-- gt nbsp Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt E AB -A - A - - C B AF lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -GPDD lt PKey gt lt PID gt - - - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt LENOVO lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt BMU lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt LENOVO lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt G ET WW lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt B FE lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt US Mountain Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt LENOVO lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt TP-G nbsp nbsp lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt nbsp nbsp Spsys log Content x nbsp Licensing Data-- gt Software licensing service version nbsp Name Windows R Professional edition Description Windows Operating System - Windows R VOLUME KMSCLIENT channel Activation ID b e -b d - - c - f f Application ID c -d - d - e-d ec f f Extended PID - - - - - - - Installation ID Partial Product Key GPDD License Status Notification Notification Reason xC F Remaining Windows rearm count Trusted time PM Please use slmgr vbs ato to activate and update KMS client information in order to update values nbsp Windows Activation Technologies--... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d8ac05b3-2749-4025-904b-d446ddc2366d/upon-reboot-windows-7-professional-sp1-activation-is-lost-alternate-windows-key-renders-the-same?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 14.62%

I purchased from does Windows Store 8.1 to upgrade recognize not Administrator when my to Windows 8 attempting User account a Inspiron directly from dell com on nbsp It was delivered on nbsp It had Windows as the operating system nbsp Store does not recognize my Administrator User account when attempting to upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 I had assumed that it would have the latest version of Windows when it arrived since had been issued in October I opened the Store app and the upgrade to Windows was not available to me nbsp I understood that this was a problem for others and did not pursue it further at that time Store does not recognize my Administrator User account when attempting to upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 nbsp I was out of town for weeks in January and did not use the laptop during that week period nbsp When I returned I opened the Store and found prominently placed the invitation to the free upgrade to I was signed in using the Administrator account and when I hit the download button for I was given the message quot You need to use an account with Administrator privileges to install Windows try logging in with the user account of an administrator of this PC and try update again quot nbsp I verified that my account had Administrator privileges and tried again and got the same message I created another user account and gave it administrator privileges and tried the download again signed in on that account and got the same message nbsp I called technical support and for over hours over different days the technician attempted to resolve the issue by uninstalling and reinstalling Windows updates When that failed to resolve the problem he quot refreshed quot my PC which I understood put it back to the status it was in at time of delivery He then had to do all the Windows updates approximately and tried to download again nbsp This did not change the error message when trying to download to nbsp At that point I was told that they were elevating it to a technical team who would research all the logs from my machine and come up with a solution nbsp They indicated that they would call me back when a solution is found Although my Administrator account was not recognized when attempting to do the download it recognized the Administrator role when the technician needed administrative approval to do all the uninstall and reinstall activities when trying to resolve the issue Has anyone else experienced this problem nbsp Has it been resolved and if so how was it resolved nbsp

A:Store does not recognize my Administrator User account when attempting to upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1

You are not alone. Several have had the same problem with no resolution. I think it has something funny to do with the User Accounts. Making a second account with admin privleges doesn't work. I would try to reinstall the OS from the hidden image and try again. A Refresh like Dell tried will not do the trick, as it retains much of the data from before the Refresh; you need a clean start. Don't do anything witht the Admin Account other than let Windows set it up and set your password. All updates need to be installed before the upgrade will show in the Store. I have upgraded five Win 8 installations and have had zero problems.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19544229
Relevancy 14.62%

Hey guys. I made a post similar to this in windows 2000-xp-2003 forum, but no responses. I recently installed windows 2000 on my moms computer. Since then, every computer is detecting an "internet connection" in the XP Network Connections. WHY? Its slowing the internet down, and Nobody on the network can acces the windows 2000 files. she has no problems doing anything, printing-seeing files- you name it. The XP machins can print to my printer (since its on my computer), but nobody can acces her computer. can you please help me?

A:Solved: windows 2K makes ALL windows XP machines see Internet gateway in Network Connections

Ok the "internet Connection" thing came from the router I have (Netgear MR814v2) haing UPnP enabled, which made it do that. The File sharing is also fixed, the problem was Mcafee persoanl Firewall wasnt lettin me into her pc, since mcafee was blocking it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-2k-makes-all-windows-xp-machines-see-internet-gateway-in-network-connections.385533/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hey all,

Something appears to have infected my computer, but nothing seems to be detecting it.

The active window is constantly losing focus which is very frustrating (it's happening right now in IE as I type).

The volume in IE also appears to be getting reset to zero.

Also, when I'm using fullscreen mode (in WMP etc.) it will consistently exit fullscreen mode.

There appears to be a hidden system message box that I don't see but I know it's there because when I try to use the clipboard to copy the following message is copied to my clipboard: Host Process for Windows Services stopped working and was closed.

I've attached the DDS and Gmer report - is there anything else I can do?

Thanks,

Jamie

A:Windows losing focus, IE volume resets to zero, windows exiting fullscreen mode

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-losing-focus-ie-volume-resets-to-zero-windows-exiting-fullscreen-mode.937993/
Relevancy 14.62%

I have a broken laptop that refuses to boot. No BIOS screen or anything is displayed when the power button is pressed. I have removed the hard drive from the laptop and put it into a working desktop PC. I started it in safe mode and the computer restarts. I used the F8 key to prevent it from shutting down on errors and received the following Stop error code:
0x0000007B (0xFFFFF880009A9928, 0xFFFFFFFFC0000034, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000)

So far I've used a boot cd to run chkdsk on the drive, and I've tried restoring to a previous point.

I do Not have an installation disk for Windows 7.

Any help is appreciated.

A:Windows 7 STOP: 0x7B Refuses to boot past the windows logo screen

Edit: Thanks for moving this to BSoD, my mistake.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-7-stop-0x7b-refuses-to-boot-past-the-windows-logo-screen-681863.html
Relevancy 14.62%

I am trying to install XP on my 2000 but it says: Windows XP Setup does not support upgrading from Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional to Microsoft Windows XP Professional.
Setup cannot continue.

Do i have to reformat my HD?
Do i have to reinstall everything on my HD some stuff i dont have the cd any more.
Like Office 2003
Thanks

A:Solved: Windows XP Setup does not support upgrading from Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-xp-setup-does-not-support-upgrading-from-microsoft-windows-2000-professional.540484/
Relevancy 14.62%

I am working on someone else's computer and they are having Windows Update problems Not a single update can install It downloads installs and restarts but on Ghost Updates Photo Fail, Gallery Errors, Windows Files Windows boot it undoes all changes I have tried installing only one of but it still fails I have tried CCleaner for registry cache issues sfc scannow twice Windows Updates Fail, Windows Photo Gallery Errors, Ghost Files both the first thing and last thing I tried and the Windows Update Troubleshooter it finds lots of issues but can't fix them This may or may not be related to the problem recently when I started working on the Windows Updates Fail, Windows Photo Gallery Errors, Ghost Files computer that Windows Live Photo Gallery won't open any photos The program itself opens but clicking on a photo gives an error message and clicking OK crashes the program Windows Photo Viewer says quot Loading quot forever too I have tried the Windows Live Essentials troubleshooter uninstalling it fails installing again it fails and manually deleting registry entries and folders was suggested to me rebooting and installing again and it still fails Adding to the corruption there are some document files that won't delete file doesn't exit error while still listed This has been happening for years and I have yet to find a solution for them Sorry I can't provide log files currently it is installing updates I can only postpone so many times The system is a Sony Vaio laptop about years old running Windows Home Premium x Right now I only have access with TeamViewer but I can get physical access tomorrow if needed Are these problems related Can they be fixed I've been working for days now and still can't fix them I'm a Linux person so these things are alien Thanks in advance

A:Windows Updates Fail, Windows Photo Gallery Errors, Ghost Files

Please run a full CHKDSK and SFC scan....

Click on Start > All Programs > Accessories
Right-click on the Command Prompt entry
Select Run as Administrator and accept the UAC prompt - the Elevated Command Prompt window should pop up.

At the Command prompt, type

CHKDSK C: /R

and hit the Enter key.
You will be told that the drive is locked,
and the CHKDSK will run at he next boot - hit the Y key, press Enter, and then reboot.

The CHKDSK will take a few hours depending on the size of the drive, so be patient!

After the CHKDSK has run, Windows should boot normally (possibly after a second auto-reboot) -
then run the SFC.

SFC -System File Checker - Instructions
Click on Start > All Programs > Accessories
Right-click on the Command Prompt entry
Select Run as Administrator and accept the UAC prompt - the Elevated Command Prompt window should pop up.

At the Command prompt, type

SFC /SCANNOW

and hit the Enter key

Wait for the scan to finish - make a note of any error messages - and then reboot.
Copy the CBS.log file created (C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log) to your desktop (you can't manipulate it directly) and then compress the copy and upload it to your SkyDrive Public folder (http://skydrive.live.com ) and post a link to it so that I can take a look.

Post a new MGADiag report with details of any error messages encountered.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/318114-windows-updates-fail-windows-photo-gallery-errors-ghost-files.html
Relevancy 14.62%

So I just reformatted Drag re-Installation (Regest & changed Drop Solved: of after + Moving Windows Windows my computer with Windows XP SP and some minor issue is really bugging me I ve seen other computers before like this but this is the first time this has happened to me First off I think the two problems are related but whatever the first is a Solved: Drag & Drop + Moving Windows changed after re-Installation of Windows (Regest drag amp drop issue Anytime in the explorer windows when I click and drag whether selecting files or not it no longer appears as a lightly colored box and Solved: Drag & Drop + Moving Windows changed after re-Installation of Windows (Regest instead a gray box with nothing but an outline of the area selected When I select more than one file and begin to drag them they no longer appear as semi-invisible files and now just are gray outlined boxes When I move or expand minimize a window it doesn t show the window moving just a gray outlined box moving where the window would be Of course when you let go of the click everything is as it should be but it s just something irritating me at the moment after years of usage I am pretty sure it all ties into each other as the same issue most likely a registry thing but thanks to anyone who can let me know what to do in order to get back to what it should look like I wish I could better describe it as I know it was a little hard for a real accurate description So basically a lot of the maneuvers that should be happening are looking more like an older version of Windows Whoever can help thanks If you want to know more info just ask nbsp

A:Solved: Drag & Drop + Moving Windows changed after re-Installation of Windows (Regest

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-drag-drop-moving-windows-changed-after-re-installation-of-windows-regest.970317/
Relevancy 14.62%

I seem to have a unique problem that I ve been searching for Internet Messenger Windows Explorer Live Windows Player failing and and Media hours for a solution on Anytime I Internet Explorer and Windows Live Messenger and Windows Media Player failing try to load Internet Explorer and WMP the window will appear for a brief second then disappear entirely I look in to the task manager and it says neither are running The computer I m using was riddled with viruses and malware which I took care of although it seems that the Internet Explorer and Windows Live Messenger and Windows Media Player failing damage done couldn t be fixed Windows Live Messenger is giving me error and I ve followed the solutions none of them worked I think that ultimately something is preventing ActiveX from working which is stopping all three because I ve noticed Internet Explorer and Windows Live Messenger and Windows Media Player failing one thing in common for all three applications that Internet Explorer is absolutely required for them to work I tried uninstalling and reinstalling up to IE or and it still won t start up Games such as Anarchy Online that have an ActiveX control on the login screen do the exact same thing a flicker of a window then it shuts down immedietly I can find no work around no repair utility or anything My OS is Windows Vista Home Premium x Also a few things I ve noticed that I think are related because they came up at the sime time anytime I install something and it tries to make a link on the desktop it comes up with an error I can put one on myself but Windows Installer can t seem to do it On top of that whenever I d bring up something that would let you say search for a file through Windows like if you re installing and it asks for a folder it comes up blank I don t know what any of these problems are caused from but they all started simultaneously If anyone has seen ANYthing like this before please tell me so I can attempt to fix this cursed thing They re relatively minor problems but it occasionally makes some things impossible to do Follow up what I mean by the searching for files through Windows is take installing City of Heroes At one point it asks where you d like to install it the default directory or one of your choice Whenever the screen comes up for the one of your choice comes up it either appears blank or force quits the program or installer or whathaveyou I have nothing but vague terms to google this problem because it s not coming up with an error or anything just either a blank window or forcequit nbsp

A:Internet Explorer and Windows Live Messenger and Windows Media Player failing

There is a good chance you are still infected so if you haven't done so already go to our Virus & Malware Removal forum read the UPDATED 8 Step sticky, follow the steps as given and on that forum post with the required logs attached.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-explorer-and-windows-live-messenger-and-windows-media-player-failing.157515/
Relevancy 14.62%

Thanks in advance for Infected Alert - machine? / / error disk Windows Security pop-ups problem Windows no any and all help This one got me by surprise Either somethg snuck past Kaspersky or I clicked on something other than Deny by mistake when a Trojan warning popped up which was probably the case When booting up my computer I was greeted by a Windows - No Disk - Infected machine? - pop-ups / Windows Security Alert problem / Windows no disk error exception processing message If I clicked on Cancel it would continue to pop up periodically Also the Windows Security Alert box keeps telling me Windows Updates are disabled and Infected machine? - pop-ups / Windows Security Alert problem / Windows no disk error that I have no Virus protection even though I am running a continually updated Kaspersky Anti-Virus and the Windows Update menu in the Control Panel says Updates are enabled After running through all the steps you have laid out the pop-ups seem to be at bay and the Windows - No Disk error hasn't popped back up yet But the machine is sluggish the Windows Security Alert problem still persists and my browser continually refreshes as though it is trying to load something Below is the HiJackThis log as well as the attached Panda scan log Thanks so much for all your help ------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exe C WINDOWS system WDBtnMgr exe C Program Files WDC SetIcon exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr Communications Helper exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe C Program Files Dantz Retrospect retrorun exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA Dantz RETROS wdsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Wacom Tablet exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr AcroTray exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS system Wacom Tablet exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Insight Broadband O - Toolbar The Weather Channel Toolbar - E E E- AC - E- A- A E - C WINDOWS system TwcToolbarIe dll O - HKLM Run diagent quot C Program Files Creative SBLive Diagnostics diagent exe quot startup O - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXE O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files RealMedia Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run WD Button Manager WDBtnMgr exe O - HKLM Run SetIcon Program Files WDC SetIcon exe O - HKLM... Read more

A:Infected machine? - pop-ups / Windows Security Alert problem / Windows no disk error

BUMP, please

------
Also, an update since I originally posted this.

I already had Spybot installed prior to the problem, so I loaded Spybot Tea Timer to give me some sort of added protection while waiting.
It nuked numerous attempts by Run32dll.exe to access various dll files in the System32 directory, as well as adding various strings to the Registry.

During this time, the machine was extremely sluggish, but I could still use it to some degree.

But something happened yesterday, and now my machine won't even boot up. :(
I can't boot up in regular mode or in Safe mode.
All I get is the dreaded blue screen with a C000021A error. :(

I'm fortunate enough to have a backup drive that had all my working files, so I could continue my work on another machine.
But I stopped the backup when the problem popped up to avoid infecting any of the files on my backup drive.
So all of the data from the 3 days the virus problem started up is lost to me at the moment.

Please advise.
Thanks in advance for all your help.
If we clean this up like you did when helping me a year ago on another machine,
I'll be sure to donate again, like last time! :)
Thanks!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/infected-machine-pop-ups-windows-security-alert-problem-windows-no-disk-error-305009.html