Windows Support Forum

user creation problem

Q: user creation problem

the netbook with windows im using is working fine this seems to be something ive done myself I got this netbook from a friend and he had a account on it so I turned on the guest account and gave it admin perms and then deleted his account now the only account in the creation user problem system is the guest account and the system isn't letting me make my profile when using the guest account its not that it says I don't have permission its a error code x saying that it couldn't create the profile just before that it says it cant reach connect to the internet even though im clearly connected I use Verizon with fios wifi the best you can get and I live in FL which has fine connection the router is about ft away and it has a max range of ft so I don't understand why its not working please help I also have pictures which I will link below netbook tech support file - Album on Imgur thanks and hope to hear something soon -Ghost

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: user creation problem

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: user creation problem

my pc is a : HP Stream - 13-c020nr Laptop

here is a link to its info page on the official site.

- HP Stream Notebook - 13-c020nr (ENERGY STAR) | HP? Official Store

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/user-creation-problem-964529.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Help Please I've been searching this forum and on line all day I cannot find anything close to my problem or any instructions to help me fix it I have two user accounts on my computer Both have Administrator privileges however recently certain functions and capabilities have disappeared from these User Logons I think they have somehow become corrupt so I thought I would create a new user and Profile/ User Creation User Problem copy over the files minus the Ntuser dat Ntuser dat log and Ntuser ini HOWEVER when I open the Control Panel User Accounts and click Add or Remove User Account User Profile/ User Creation Problem - I get nothing No window opens I have even activated the built in Administrator Account through the elevated command prompt but was unable to rename as per the tutorial on here and it doesn't work either I think not being able to rename the Administrator account has something to do with me not having true administrator privileges When I tried to save the rename program into the Windows system folder I got a you must have administrative rights to do this pop up so I clicked to activate but it never placed the file in the system folder Other things discovered while working on this - I cannot see find from the start prompt local security policies - Manage Computer does not show Users amp Groups I can boot into safe mode and use the Toshiba Restore option which will bring it back to out of the box condition - but I believe I would have to reinstall all my programs - not something I want to do -- so this is a worst case Armageddon scenario Any idea on how to fix these profiles and or what could be wrong with Windows running Home Premium bit Sandy

A:User Profile/ User Creation Problem

Other things discovered while working on this:
- I cannot see/find (from the start prompt) "local security policies" 
- "Manage Computer" does not show "Users & Groups".

These are only available in the Pro version of Windows 7.

You should not need to rename the hidden Administrator group. When logging into the Hidden Administrator Account you activated, you cannot create a new user in Control Panel?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/562590/user-profile-user-creation-problem/
Relevancy 67.94%

I have been trying to create a new user for my computer and it won't allow me. I have read some of the posts and tried what I could but most were about the same advice and some of them were too technical for me. Could someone chat with me so I can create one??

JD

A:User Account Creation Problem

Hi Mystman414 and welcome to Vista Forums

What error message are you getting when you try to create a new account? Is the account that you are using when you try to create the new account an administrator account?
See the following Tutorial: User Account - Create

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/210874-user-account-creation-problem.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello,
In order to create new user in a company (Win2003, WinXP), I wanted to know if there were some soft automating the process of provisioning:
Create AD account, create profile directory, give access to directory/map drive, map printers.
I found few tools for AD managing but nothing easy and configurable.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Revan.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-user-creation.761961/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have issue in User creation ,

In my laptop i have only one user , which is not administrator account.

Windows Vista 32 bit Home Premium.

Now I wanted to create new user with administrative power.

I could not able to achieve this since all the UAC needs admin privilege.

can you Please guide on this .

A:User Creation Issue

Welcome
In your situation you should be able to use the Real Adminstrator, which is for emergency use only. After you have accomplished your goal, hide the Real Adminstrator, again.
Administrator Account

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/296223-user-creation-issue.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I earlier tried to add a second user onto my system a limited one as sort of a guest account with a little Creation Account User Limited more access and a password I went in through the Users control panel and added a new user Limited User Account Creation as a Limited Account That part worked fine but when I go to log into the user account the system just hangs I m able to move the mouse and Ctrl Alt Delete When I do bring up the task manager the only processes running are winlogon exe csrss exe and SDMCP exe and of course the task manager After trying to run explorer exe through the run dialog I used the task manager to log out of the limited account which worked perfectly fine I then used my main account to create a third user a second Admin account I logged into that account and everything started up like it should I went back into my main account removed the second admin account and tried activating the Guest account I tried to log into the guest account but got the same problem as with the limited account Could there be something wrong with my system that doesn t allow certain administrative access to be restricted such as the guest and limited account would require Has anyone heard of this happening before and hopefully know how to fix it without having to do a system restore Even if you ve never head of this before some ideas would be useful to know what up P S I m running Windows XP SP and the only things that should be running on startup is my firewall ZoneAlarm and my Anti-Virus NOD

A:Limited User Account Creation

Are you using the fast user switching mode or the logon mode?

In addition to the av ap and the firewall there are also Windows processes thta should appear in your startup menu. Did you disable any?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/56170/limited-user-account-creation/
Relevancy 55.9%

I am working on my office computer which is on the company's domain, that means any number of users can login to the same system using there domain account, with every account there is a user profile that is associated with that account, however one of my co-colleauge successfully login using her domain account, however i do not see her user profile being created, i remember deleting her user profile from c:\users and from registry as well in the profile list a while ago..that means when the next time she will login, a new user profile should have been created, which obviously is not happening?

On top of that i don't see her profile as a temporary one..i am perplexed..

A:Windows User Profile creation

are they roaming profiles?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/356784-windows-user-profile-creation.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I am having trouble with the following tasks:

Disable a user from creating AND changing their password

Disable a user from installing ANYTHING (I used the elevated option on the windows installer group policy editor, but I tested it out on the account and they were still able to install steam which was a *.msi file)

Disable a user from emptying their recycling bin AND using the permanent delete function which allows a deleted file to bypass the recycling bin (shift + del)

Thanks in advance for your help!

A:Disable user password creation & more

Quote: Originally Posted by blacksaibot

Disable a user from creating AND changing their password

In computer management, go to local users and groups and in the users section, right click the user, properties, check "User cannot change his password"

Disable a user from installing ANYTHING (I used the elevated option on the windows installer group policy editor, but I tested it out on the account and they were still able to install steam which was a *.msi file)

To prevent regular installers, just don't make the user member of the administrators group, that denies him access to write to program files and most shared locations. All MSI files require administrators right to run, and "run as administrator" will ask for an admin password in this case (which the user should not know).

Disable a user from emptying their recycling bin AND using the permanent delete function which allows a deleted file to bypass the recycling bin (shift + del)

I doubt this can be done. For instance, any user is proprietary of all files under his profile in users folder (desktop, documents, all libraries, etc) and the proprietary of a file always has enough power to delete it. The recycle bin falls under this category too. He should not be able to delete programs and other shared files if he isn't an admin, but for his private files, I think he's always able to do so.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/269126-disable-user-password-creation-more.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi All:

I am experiencing an issue with a single user where here user profile is not created properly. When launching IE9 it opens/shuts and when opening an explorer window from the dock it displays a warning message indicated that not all drives were mounted.

This machine is running Win7 64 bit and is connected to a domain. Other domain users work. This user has attempted logging onto multiple machines running Win7 with the same results.

Has anyone experienced this? Any suggestions to try?

A:User Profile Creation Issues

I'm not sure what you're actually asking for... Let me see if we can narrow this down a bit.

This user can or can NOT login to a windows 7 computer?
After successfully logging into a windows 7 machine, this user is able or UNABLE to open IE9?
When opening windows explorer you get an error message saying that network drives were UNABLE to reconnect?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/173297-user-profile-creation-issues.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I've got a Windows 7 Home Premium machine that randomly booted up this morning, and logged into a temporary account. It leaves the data intact in the C:\Users\John folder, but creates a new one in C:\Users\Temp.John000. Everytime you log out and back in, it creates a new account. This is the second computer that I've seen do this. I was on the phone with HP tech support, and basically came to the conclusion to recover. Has anyone been running into this?

A:Random Temp User Account Creation

Create another account, and see if the issue happens then.

What happened is that your profile became corrupted some how.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/360762/random-temp-user-account-creation/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi,

Is there any way to know the creation date of local user account in windows

A:Need to know the creation date of local user account

rohan.bisht said:

Hi,

Is there any way to know the creation date of local user account in windowsClick to expand...

User Manager for Domains
Active Directory / Users/Groups

Profiles data gets updated in Windows so I was going to suggest that..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-to-know-the-creation-date-of-local-user-account.106068/
Relevancy 55.47%

So I just recently put up a website and I want a form so users can tell me what should be on the site.

I created the form in dreamweaver, set up a MySQL database in phpMyAdmin with the following sql code:

CREATE TABLE `user_info` (
`name` VARCHAR( 25 ) NOT NULL ,
`user text` VARCHAR( 500 ) NOT NULL
);

In dreamweaver, I go and connect the submit button to my database, type in all my info (username, password, etc..) and it comes up "An unidentified error has occurred."

My webhost does support php. Something I noticed when I went to save it is that it saved it as a php file.

How can i get this error to go away?

And if its not too much to ask, how can I set up my form so that when a person clicks submit it will send it to my email?

A:[SOLVED] User form creation / database help!

Thread moved to Programming section of the forums, as this has nothing to do with Windows itself. I've personally never did a MySQL connection via Dreamweaver, just manually via code/notepad, so let's see if anyone that uses Dreamweaver can help you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f128/solved-user-form-creation-database-help-598449.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have been trying to help someone who has had a new hard drive fitted
and Vista premium reloaded.
The best we can do is to load Vista with no User Accounts created.
(We can start up up in Safe mode, too.)
Seems ok, access to Internet established, but when MS advised on over
30 updates, it would not accept an instruction to go ahead and advised
we needed Administrator account access.
When an account was created, it needed to reboot, and then failed to reach
the login screen, showing a black screen.

I wondered if this is a common mistake which your users could help. Sorry
I can't supply every detail of the computer. It's an old Dell PC, which ran Vista
well for a number of years. Checked both Memory and Hard Drive from diagnostics
disc.

The computer people who fitted the hard drive don't seem to know what's up,
and are beginning to wipe their hands of it.

A:User Account creation crashes Vista Premium

Is this Service Pack 1 or 2?

Where there any Service Packs in those 30 Updates

Josh

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/290771-user-account-creation-crashes-vista-premium.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi Everyone,

I'm using SCCM to setup Windows 8.1 on a large batch of computers for
unmanaged deployment to end-users. SCCM is used to install a couple applications and activate Windows. Afterward, Windows should return to first-time setup and the User Account Creation screen (OOBE default). The problem is that somewhere during
SCCM OSD, Windows goes through OOBE and then comes up without any configured user account.

Think of it like an OEM shipping a new computer with pre-installed software. The end-user will need to create an account to start using Windows. Any thoughts on how to invoke this screen without re-sysprepping after software installs?

Note: Before SCCM, I would simply remove the user account line(s) from my unattend answer file and on next boot Windows would act like it would out-of-the-box (OOBE).

Thanks in advance - dom.nick

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a0b59627-7386-4b60-94ac-5738b1c37c68/force-user-account-creation-screen-after-sysprep?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 54.61%

windows 8 restart problems, starts new user creation
Ok, This is weird. I was hoping if any one could help me before I re install windows.

Whenever I press restart on my windows 8.1 pc. Windows thinks it needs to start a new user profile on my profile. It says its installing apps and ready to start. Then None of my apps are present and my desktop is clear and nothing works. THen If I power off and leave it off for 30 minutes it works as if nothing happened and my user profile has all the apps and icons on the desktop again.

This only happens if I press restart in windows. It does not happen when I power off.

Does any one know what is going on with my windows 8.1
Thanks in advance

A:windows 8 restart problems, starts new user creation

no one answered so I formatted and started over.
works fine

I guess the windows 8 refresh function doesnt work

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/53318-windows-8-restart-problems-starts-new-user-creation.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I found a laptop with only windows 10 build in administrator account, when it create new administrative account it takes 15-20 minutes and this new account start button is not work, personalization and display settings of desktop right click context menu are not working. Please help. Thank you

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/75870-build-administrators-user-account-creation-problems.html
Relevancy 54.61%

- Windows 7 Pro in a workplace.

When a unser logs to a machine for the first time, it takes around 3 minutes to create the profile, it hangs at "Preparing your desktop". After the initial logon, the time is more normal, around 10-25 seconds.

What could cause such a long delay to initiate the profile?

A:First time user profile creation takes 3 minutes

Hi Sebster, Welcome to Sevenforums

there are a lot of things that could cause this delay and will depend on your configuration - things such as large office suites and the like need to set up the user area User\apps folder. Also any drive mappings that you have set-up in your organisation, or gpo's, (I am assuming you are on an AD domain), or startup scripts

One thing to check for is non existent server shares, these will be checked several times before being skipped

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/103341-first-time-user-profile-creation-takes-3-minutes.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Here's my scenario nbsp I have a Windows Pro x SP machine setup for standalone use nbsp I am using local group policy to lock down many settings nbsp I have accounts in the local administrators group admin accounts nbsp The real administrator is disabled nbsp Here's what's happening nbsp after of standard accounts local admin creation All disabled are user If I create a new standard user from the control panel all admin accounts get disabled immediately nbsp I checked the admin accounts settings before and after the new user is created and the disabled checkmark appeared during the process nbsp Now when I create a new user using the computer management console vs the control panel it works fine nbsp The difference is that in the computer management console you must set a password at the time of account creation vs in the control panel you create an account with no password nbsp So my guess is that somewhere in my group policy it doesn't like an account being created without a password but why would that disable all administrator accounts nbsp Has anyone else experienced this

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f6ef0d01-0f76-4341-b3eb-30ec6bef88d4/all-local-admin-accounts-are-disabled-after-creation-of-standard-user?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 53.75%

Just wondering is it is possible to leave admin status on a user account while removing the ability to make new accounts. Alternatively could one make a standard account have admin style(ie. altering files, running files as an admin/in admin mode, etc.) rights except the creation of new accounts? Just wondering if that is possible in Windows vanilla or with other software.

If this is answered elsewhere please just post link.

Thank you very much for your time.

A:Custom User Restrictions(ideally Admin rights -new account creation)

It's not possible.

Administrator account are, by design, capable of doing anything, that's the idea of having them in the first place. There are a few ways of imposing restrictions on admin accounts, but being an admin means that the user can simply lift them himself.

The alternative you propose is quite possible, within the limits of normal user accounts. Any account can manage the files within his own profile at will, and change all his personal settings, but nothing else. To perform admin-only tasks, he can use UAC to elevate, where he must provide an admin user/password to gain his privileges temporarily (to be true, it's the admin who actually do that, but within a standard user session, this being the scenario where UAC shines).

What's your idea about this? What do you want to achieve?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/397786-custom-user-restrictions-ideally-admin-rights-new-account-creation.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Dear All,

Can somebody help me out in generating a macro for Database Creation (i.e) Saving and loading user inputs. - I have clearly mentioned the requirements in Excel sheet enclosed (Please refer S.No.1 & S.No. 2)

Requesting you to please get me an Excel Macro for this.

Thanks in advance,
Prakash

A:Excel VBA Macro required for Database Creation (i.e) Saving and loading user inputs

Dear All,

Can somebody help me out in generating a macro for Database Creation (i.e) Saving and loading user inputs. - I have clearly mentioned the requirements in Excel sheet (2003) version enclosed (Please refer S.No.1 & S.No. 2)

Requesting you to please get me an Excel Macro for this.

Thanks in advance,
Prakash

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-vba-macro-required-for-database-creation-i-e-saving-and-loading-user-inputs.933092/
Relevancy 46.87%

I am trying to create a new dial up connection if i go into network connections and click on create new connection after saying i want to connect to the internet and then set up the connection manualy the option to connect using a dial-up modem and a boradband connection which needs a user name and passowrd are both greyed out. I have a modem install with the right driver and TCP/IP is also installed, anyone have any ideas short of formatting and re-loading the system before I throw it out of the window?
Thanks

A:Dial up creation problem

Have a look at what microsoft has to say about it Here

Might be of some help, if you are comfortable editing the registry.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dial-up-creation-problem.250964/
Relevancy 46.87%

When I now try to create a short cut I get the error message" This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel." I have had no luck in doing what is suggested. Also, all existing shortcuts on the desk top yield the same error message when I double click them.
Any help with figuring out what is happening would be appreciated.

Relevancy 46.87%

Windows XP Media Edition (I am administrator) - I'm trying to add a phantom printer that will print to a file, which I've done before in other versions of Windows, even Windows XP Home. I start in Control Panel with Add Printer. I ask to add a new "Local Port". I am then prompted for a port name. I insert a name and get message "Specified Port cannot be added. Operation is not possible." I've tried working around this by allowing the Wizard to create a printer port for me, LPT1 Generic/Text Only, then try to edit within "Properties" by asking to add a port there, but at the prompt for a port name, depending what I enter, I either get the same message mentioned above or "Access Denied". I can't figure out what's going on. I simply want to add a new "local port" and cannot!!! Any suggestions?

A:Port Creation Problem

Do you have the printer connected to the system? Is it reconizing it at boot?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/port-creation-problem-94309.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello all I am trying to create a bootable USB Flash Creation Bootable Problem USB Drive to reformat my computer I have taken steps from this website It s the first reply with about kudos When I get to step two list disk my command prompt will only list disk Keep in mind I Bootable USB Creation Problem have disks on my computer without a flash drive plugged in Also it is listing the secondary disk that Bootable USB Creation Problem doesn t even have windows installed on it This sounds like a serious virus that is taking all possible steps to not allow me to reformat I also know that Bootable USB Creation Problem my computer recognizes the flash drive because I moved a bunch of music from it before trying to partition it I am also logged into an account that has administrative power but isn t the real quot administrator quot log in So I found that you can click ctrl alt delete twice at the welcome screen to be able to type in and access the real administrator account because the website i ve provided says to be on the admin account However when I am NOT in safe mode my computer tells me that the account has been closed and to contact my local administrator lol So I go to safe mode with CMD do the ctrl alt delete thing twice type administrator and bam It logs me in Although I was getting stuck at the same step EDIT I should add that using a CD-ROM to reformat is not an option for me as my computer has lost the ability to burn disks And the fact that if I acquire a burnt disc or a real copy of Windows my computer lacks the ability to boot from a CD gt gt Here are my questions for you genius minds out there Is there a way to fix this command prompt problem I would rather not download something to make my flash drive bootable Is there ANY other method that doesn t require a download to make my flash drive bootable If you don t know how to fix the command prompt problem can you recommend a program to me to make my flash drive bootable How can My Computer s explorer recognize the main Disk C the secondary Disk E and my Flash Drive but CMD won t But it will recognize the secondary disk Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to read my mediocre explanation skills Also thank you in advance for ANY tips help advice etc BTW if HamMan is reading this I got SP on here now his name isn t really HamMan but Ham is in there -Sonic

A:Bootable USB Creation Problem

And the fact that if I acquire a burnt disc or a real copy of Windows my computer lacks the ability to boot from a CD.Are you unable to access the BIOS to alter the Boot Mode - Many XP's use Delete key to enter BIOS where you can alter Boot Mode -The guide you list is a bit rough but looks like it can be done if you are careful -4. copy the windows vista\windows 7 dvd to ur usb 5. restart ur computer 6. go to bios 7.then go to boot option 8. select boot from usb drive and press enter Exit Bios and save settings -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/411502/bootable-usb-creation-problem/
Relevancy 46.44%

Ok i'll keep it simple - I disabled UAC option - Crap Acc. Clubbed Problem Admin UAC Problem : and Creation starts happening right after what crap - Some programs such as tuneup utillites psp video converter cannot work - Programs that can speed up the system such as programs that disable some programs to start during pc startup CRASH now - Decides to turn on the UAC on again THEN - when try to turn it on under windows security center it says quot dont have permission to perfrom action pls contact administrator quot simpified msg - tried ticking it under user account option keeps unticking again - tried do registry method using regedit cannot also SO that leads me to create admin account to turn on UAC So i follow this command in cmd prompt RIGHT CLICK AND RUN AS ADMIN YEAH I KNOW gt gt gt gt gt Microsoft Windows Version Clubbed Problem : UAC and Admin Acc. Creation Problem Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt net user administrator active yes System error has occurred Access is denied C Windows system gt net user administrator active yes lt lt lt lt REMOVED DA SPACE The syntax of this command is NET USER username password options DOMAIN username password ADD options DOMAIN username DELETE DOMAIN username TIMES times ALL C Windows system gt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt THEN i tried creating NEW admin acc under user account with name - Axel when clicking on quot create account quot button message pops out saying quot specified acc name not valid bcoz acc names cannt contain the following characters quot lt gt I TRIED DOING these steps under SAFE MODE but to no avail NOW PLEASE sumone help me system restore also cannot work coz i cleaned it away coz it was taking too much space NO

A:Clubbed Problem : UAC and Admin Acc. Creation Problem

UAC, as you know, improves the security level. Disabling UAC may have allowed some nasty things to happen. Your homework is as follows:

Ouch on deleting restore points!
If you can boot into safe mode...
1. download and run malwarebyes
2. run full virus scan
3. run sfc /scannow
4. look at your windows error logs and post errors here
5. look at device manager and see if there are any errors

Again, I think there was a malicious process that was allowed to run after disabling UAC.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/255054-clubbed-problem-uac-admin-acc-creation-problem.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I download the Windows image twice via the media creation tool. The file sizes though same, had different hashes(SHA1). If the images are identical, why the different hashes. Needless to say, the hashes don't obviously match with their MSDN counterpart.
Why is this happening?

A:Problem with the Media creation tool

The hashes won't match because the date modified for the install.esd file contained within the iso changes to the date/time the file was downloaded by the MCT.

Same file size because the date/time occupies the same number of bytes. Different hash sum because those bytes are different.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/46278-problem-media-creation-tool.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,
I had dumped a movie in my system. To create a VCD with this, I made an mpeg file with VCDGear. Next I used Nero Burning Rom to create a VCD and selected this mpeg file as my input file. Nero analysed the same and allowed me to burn it. However, I had unchecked the 'finalize cd' option before burning the cd.
Once the cd was created I tried playing the CD on a VCD Player, but it only displays the first screen from the movie and a message like 'Created on Nero Burning Rom', am not sure of the exact words. After this nothing else happens. Please Help!!! Let me know how I can create a VCD from a VCD - dat file dumped on the hard disk of my system.

Thank you
v_ragh

A:Nero Burning Rom VCD Creation problem

Why did you uncheck the "finalize CD" option?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nero-burning-rom-vcd-creation-problem.149606/
Relevancy 46.44%

When I started up the machine I was prompted for a PIN and then my fingerprint but no prompt for a (?real?) password. The password that I use on my Win7 machine and is required for various installed programs and the home network. I must be blind but Settings/Accounts/Sign-in Options is all for my MS account (which I didn't use for this machine) not this machine's OS entry. Nothing under Settings/Privacy or /Updates and Security. On all prior Windows versions when initially setting up the OS you are prompted for a (real) password. That password once entered and accepted is the password to enter/open Windows henceforth?even though you?re going to create a fingerprint as was the case with Win7 on the T61. That password opportunity appears to be non-existent in Win10 or I?m blind? Mark

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P50-Win10-and-password-creation-problem/td-p/3322812
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey there Creation Folder Problem File and TSG I seem to be having a bit of trouble when I create new files or folders I have an idea as to what created the problem but I m unsure how to fix it First off let me give you a little background info It s a brand new PC turned it on for the first time yesterday so I m positive there s no malware involved It s a Core Duo machine that originally came with XP Home SP but have since upgraded to XP Pro SP After upgrading to Pro and before connecting it to the internet I installed AVG anti-virus AVG anti-spyware SpywareBlaster IE host file and ZoneAlarm firewall all free versions I then connected to the internet got windows updated File and Folder Creation Problem then updated all the security software Then I resized the C partition and created an E partition with the free space in Partition Commander I m starting think the partitioning is what caused my problem What s happening is when I create a new file and or folder within My Documents for example the icon doesn t appear in the window unless I either right click and select refresh or close and re-open the window This isn t a huge problem because it does create the folder however it is a bit of annoyance when I have to refresh the window in order to name it Also if I move a file or folder to a new location the icon won t disappear from the old location unless I refresh the window And if I click on said folder before I refresh the window I ll get a message stating Windows can t find the folder obviously because the path is no longer valid I m truly lost on this one guys I ve performed more than a dozen partitioning jobs not that that s a lot but enough to feel comfortable with it and have never had any problems but it s the only thing I can think of Any ideas Thanks in advance for the help nbsp

A:File and Folder Creation Problem

Without looking at graphics driver problems or monitor refresh rates, try this:

Kelly's Korner - speed up refresh
Download and double-click to Merge the contents

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/file-and-folder-creation-problem.647376/
Relevancy 46.44%

I'm trying to create a boot CD. I have created a diskette first. It includes the following files:
ATTRIB.EXE
AUTOEXEC.BAT
CHKDSK.EXE
COMMAND.COM
CONFIG.SYS
DELTREE.EXE
DISPLAY.SYS
EDIT.COM
EGA.CPI
EGA2.CPI
EGA3.CPI
FDISK.EXE
FORMAT.COM
himem.sys
IO.SYS
KEYB.COM
KEYBOARD.SYS
KEYBRD2.SYS
KEYBRD3.SYS
KEYBRD4.SYS
MODE.COM
MSCDEX.EXE
MSDOS.SYS
OAKCDROM.SYS
SMARTDRV.EXE
SYS.COM
xcopy.exe
xcopy32.exe
xcopy32.mod

When I boot from it, I get the following message:

ERROR: An Extended Memory Manager is already installed.
XMS Driver not installed.

Autoexec.bat reads:
LH SMARTDRV
LH MSCDEX.EXE /D:MSCD001

Config.sys reads:
DEVICE=HIMEM.SYS
DOS=HIGH,UMB
DEVICEHIGH=OAKCDROM.SYS /D:MSCD001

It still seems to boot okay, but I'm wondering what is causing this error message. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks
Peg

Relevancy 46.01%

I have a test bench case and have been upgrading some of my old Windows licenses to get Windows 's digital entitlement on Very Problem Strange Creation Media Tool a few motherboard processor combos I am planning to sell soon My first few went smoothly However on my last combo I'm running in to an odd issue It's an Intel DG TL board with a Quad Core Q on it I've installed Windows Pro x which seemed to have gone through okay even activated with a legit license key It was running fine and stable so I shut it down for the night Two nights ago I decide to boot it up to start the Windows upgrade and I noticed I was getting certificate errors in IE on every web page I visited even Google com Every file I tried downloading failed with an error code I assumed something got corrupted so I wiped the drive and reinstalled Windows Same issues immediately after the install was complete I ran the Windows memory diagnostic and that turned up nothing I ran the SFC and it found no errors I ran Memtest overnight and found no errors So I figured I'd grab the Media Creation Tool from my flash drive and run that It failed to run giving me an error that quot There was Very Strange Media Creation Tool Problem a problem running this tool quot and an error code of x F F - Very Strange Media Creation Tool Problem x I'm seeing a long list of potential causes in my research but just curious if anyone has come across this I'm thinking of wiping the drive and installing then activating with the key Forgot to mention no other software has been loaded Once Windows is installed and activated I run the MCT

A:Very Strange Media Creation Tool Problem

Try 32-bit Windows 7

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/53978-very-strange-media-creation-tool-problem.html
Relevancy 46.01%

My laptop Specifications are, Product name     :  HP ENVY m6 Notebook PC OS                            :  Windows 8 Single Language 64-bitSystem BIOS        :  F.26  I purchased my laptop 3 years back.I haven't done recovery media creation till now, but I am trying to do from 1 week.I tried with DVD-R SONY, but I got some error like "error occuring while burning into disks".Later I tried with Safe Mode then again I got a problem like "Please Install Battery... Connect your system to a AC power adapter".This is my problem so what I have to do now... Please help me to create recovery media...

A:Problem with Recovery Media Creation, showing that "Please i...

You would be far better off using flashdrive media. Creating recovery media in safe mode is not viable. You are the first person I have ever heard of that tried that. Connect the power adapter before making the recovery media.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Problem-with-Recovery-Media-Creation-showing-that-quot/td-p/5591043
Relevancy 46.01%

I downloaded the windows 10 installer on a USB stick and I tried to boot from it, everything went well until it said I cannot use the USB to download the files from, because it was in the wrong format. I quit the installation and went to my other computer changed the format of the drive to NTFS, but it deleted everything. So I start to download the windows installation too again, but it says there was a problem and it doesn't know why, and that my computer cannot do the installation for some reason. If there is any way I could fix this, please help.

A:Windows 10 media creation tool problem

I haven't tried downloading the installer so I don't know what format it's in but are you sure you downloaded installer files and not an ISO file which would need to be extracted and burned to a disk or drive using something like ImageBurn?http://www.imgburn.com/"but it says there was a problem and it doesn't know why, and that my computer cannot do the installation for some reason"Posting the exact error messages would help also.message edited by THX 1138

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/windows-10-media-creation-tool-problem/586.html
Relevancy 46.01%

hello yesterday i was running on a windows xp service pack and i wanted to install windows ultimate So i formatted drive c and tried to install windows Amidst installation it opens a creation Hard disk partition problem quot drive manager quot like thing Hard disk partition creation problem which allows to create delete format combine a partition and Hard disk partition creation problem also where to install windows I dont exactly know what did i do but i deleted two of my partitions one and other gb Ideally when i delete two or more drives they appear as a single quot unallocated space quot But yesterday they appeared as two distinct spaces Then i partitioned them and Hard disk partition creation problem formatted them using ntfs file system In front of one there was quot primary quot and in other quot extended quot was written When I tried to install in the extended one it failed and i deleted that drive So i installed it in former one but now it is not able to create a partition in that unallocated space My hard disk is a gb seagate and i also ran some tests and zero resets on the hdd using seagate tools The hdd passes all the things successfully but i m still having that problem Somebody please help nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-disk-partition-creation-problem.169293/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello peeps,Ive had this problem where i would open the media creation tool,choose upgrade this PC and it would download,i left it to download and i looked and it was on 98% and i looked away for a bit looked back and i think it completed but it just shut down,no errors or messages telling me anything,so i started the tool again and it wants me to download it again,whats the problem?help please. Cam

A:Windows media creation tool problem

What is your intention with Media Creation Tool ?
Are you planning to install Windows 10 over your Windows 7 Home Premium ?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

Open the Media Creation Tool link again > scroll down to Download Tool now and click the button.
click Run > select Create installation media for another PC
That will start downloading the iso to your computer.
Make sure you know where the download is going to be saved to.

After that, you have several choices:
1. Burn the iso file to a bootable dvd or usb, and use it for a Clean Install.
2. Use the iso file itself and do an In-place Upgrade Install.( use Step #7 )

Whichever way you decide, make sure you create a Win 7 Home Premium installation disc, or a set of Recovery disks.
That will be you "Plan B" in case things go awry.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/46859-windows-media-creation-tool-problem.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Scarlett posted this a while ago on this forum quot I have only noticed just recently That when I attempt to create a new desktop folder they appear with strange names Such as Woodpecker Kingfisher bulbul loon and Swan All are bird names even bul bul I know this sounds silly But I Malware/adware Creation On Xp Folder System - Possible New Problem am terribly concerned I am able to re-name them And delete them But why are they created with New Folder Creation Problem On Xp System - Possible Malware/adware these names Instead of just being named quot New Folder quot till I change the names myself quot http www bleepingcomputer com forums lof php t htmlI have exactly the same problem that Scarlett describes I am however unable to locate any of the DLLs that are mentioned in that posting C WINDOWS SYSTEM SWRT DLLC WINDOWS SYSTEM SurfScanUpdate exeC WINDOWS SYSTEM setup incred exeC WINDOWS Downloaded Program Files CONFLICT HDPlugin dllC Program Files Internet Explorer Toolbar install exeC Program Files Internet Explorer Toolbar toolbar dllC HJT backups backup- - - infI also couldn't locate in my computer C WINDOWS SYSTEM i b s dllC WINDOWS SYSTEM in bLs dllC WINDOWS SYSTEM msmene dllCan someone please help in finding the problem I've run Panda and I've a log of the HijackThis Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC Program Files Panda Software Panda Antivirus pavsrv exeC Program Files Panda Software Panda Antivirus AVENGINE EXEC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Panda Software Panda Antivirus PsImSvc exeC PROGRA UpsPilot Winpower exeC Program Files UpsPilot jre bin javaw exeC Program Files Panda Software Panda Antivirus apvxdwin exeC PROGRA UpsPilot monitor exeC Program Files UpsPilot jre bin javaw exeC PROGRA UpsPilot wpRMI exeC Program Files UpsPilot jre bin javaw exec program files panda software panda antivirus WebProxy exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXEC WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXEC Documents and Settings System Administrator Desktop HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co in O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - HKLM Run VTTimer VTTimer exeO - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeO - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osbootO - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hideO - HKLM Run LanzarL quot C DOCUME SYSTEM LOCALS Temp A C- BC - DFB- - BEBC B D DA BA - - - BB -DCCABDE DC A L tmp Setup exe quot SETUP quot l x quot O - HKLM Run APVXDWIN quot C Program Files Panda Software Panda Antivirus APVXDWIN EXE quot sO - HKLM RunServices Winpower C Program Files UpsPilot Winpower exeO - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ypager exe -quietO - Startup Adobe Gamma lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exeO - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe... Read more

A:New Folder Creation Problem On Xp System - Possible Malware/adware

When I attempt to create a new folder (XP system), a folder is created but automatically gets named with names like 'bulbul', 'sparrow' etc. I've run spybot, adaware, norton, panda and avg to see if it detects any spyware. But nothing comes up. Please help! I've been struggling with this for last couple of days!I've included a HijackThis log:------------------------------------------------------------Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1Scan saved at 4:06:49 PM, on 8/24/2006Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)Running processes:C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exeC:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winlogon.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exeC:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXEC:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exeC:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exeC:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exeC:\MATLAB6p5\webserver\bin\win32\matlabserver.exeC:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exeC:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\slserv.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exeC:\PROGRA~1\UpsPilot\Winpower.exeC:\Program Files\UpsPilot\jre\bin\javaw.exeC:\PROGRA~1\UpsPilot\monitor.exeC:\Program Files\UpsPilot\jre\bin\javaw.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exeC:\PROGRA~1\UpsPilot\wpRMI.exeC:\Program Files\UpsPilot\jre\bin\javaw.exeC:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exeC:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exeC:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exeC:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exeC:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exeC:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exeC:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exeC:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exeC:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exeC:\Documents and Settings\System Administrator\Desktop\HijackThis.exeR0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.co.in/O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dllO2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dllO2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dllO3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dllO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VTTimer] VTTimer.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe"O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusch... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/63128/new-folder-creation-problem-on-xp-system-possible-malwareadware/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have an Acer Aspire TC 120 that came with Windows 8.1. I upgraded recently to Windows 10. Everything is working fine but when I tried to create a recovery drive and I put in a flash drive with 16 gigs it gets stuck on the page where it says put in a flash drive with 16 gigs or more. I have tried different USB ports. I have tried different flash drives some 32 gig, some 64 gig. The flash drives are recognized by the computer and I can put files on them and use the remove media command when I take them out. I have tried reformatting the flash drives in all formats offered. I have run sfc and no bad files were found. Any ideas?

A:windows 10 recovery drive creation problem acer as...

That is odd. I suggest trying to make the Windows 10 drive using the Microsoft tool.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Important Links: US Driver Downloads | Knowledge Base Articles | Service LocationsRemember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/windows-10-recovery-drive-creation-problem-acer-aspire-tc-120/td-p/420757/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 45.15%

Whenever I would attempt to create a sim on the Sims 2, the game would freeze and not load the sim that I had created, my labtop runs on windows vista, I run the game through administrator, and I had configured the game to run on windows xp service pack 2, how can I fix this problem so I can make sims?

A:The Sims 2 Windows Vista problem-no character creation

Try looking through some of this sticky.

http://forums.techguy.org/games/287910-common-sims-2-problems.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-sims-2-windows-vista-problem-no-character-creation.803157/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi All,

I have a problem with opening the files I worked for a last week. It's begin when I tried to create a new folder and could not type it's name more than ~7-8 letters and difficulties to copy some files. After that these files with which I have being worked for a week begin to be invalid, properties show 0 bytes there. It's also strange that files begin to be invalid distributed in folders differently, in last created foldes all files invalid, but there are folders when some files invalid but some are yet functional. Totally I lost about 80Mb files in terms of memory (with average sizes about tens-hundred Kb).
What is that, what better to do and what are my options to perform the system.

Best regards,

Igor

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/after-problem-with-creation-of-new-folder-filesve-been-saved-for-week-begin-invalid-296036.html
Relevancy 43%

Good evening from Graz,

i have quite a strange problem on my personal pc since the last few days. I cannot login to my useraccount(which has a transparent picture at the logon screen since a few days).
I have just one workarround: if i login with my adminaccount and logoff, the userpicture of my privateaccount appears again and the login is possible.

What could this problem be related to?

greetings
Nico Müller

A:Solved: Windows 7 User Account Problem(Transparent User Picture)

Good morning,

solved it. Disabled the admin account, and removed the pw of my useraccount.
Kind a strange problem indeed, but seems to be solved.

Thanks anyway,
Nico

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-user-account-problem-transparent-user-picture.946560/
Relevancy 43%

Hi! I did an new install of windows 7 (home first then upgraded to pro)
I want to hide a user by doing this on the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SOFTWARE \Microsoft \Windows NT \CurrentVersion \Winlogon \SpecialAccounts\ UserList ..then add dword32 by my username value to 0
I did this on my old laptop and it worked perfectly.

Now I've done the same thing on my new laptop. It works but stangely, the folder still appears in c\users.

The user is not visible in the panel control\users or at the start of the PC

I'm sure i've done the right thing, what is causing this? Could it be a bad install of windows? Please let me know if you have a idea!

Thank you very much for your help!

A:Hide user by registry stange problem: User still appears in C folder

If you log into that user it is going to have a user directory, regardless if you have the user hidden or not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/339572-hide-user-registry-stange-problem-user-still-appears-c-folder.html
Relevancy 43%

My grandmother was recently hacked and she changed all her passwords herself (yay!). However she did not write down her new local user account password for her laptop.

I tried downloading OPHCrack, I burned it as an ISO file and put it on a DVD-R(only thing I had on hand) and i changed the boot order on her BIOS menu to had the DVD drive as the first priority. It does not run....I hear the disk drive moving, or spinning but the program does not run. Are there any other options or do I have to do a complete system restore to bypass this? Also if that is what I have to do how do I do that without being in her control panel?

A:Old Problem New User- Forgot Local User Account Password

Hello there "hater",are you sure you downloaded the right OPHcrack version?It should be the one that is intended to be used on,not the one being used to download and be burned on.Try imgburn,never failed me to create bootable CDs or DVDs.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/40661-old-problem-new-user-forgot-local-user-account-password.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I am using Vista Home Premium Registry - User on Leaks User Problem Accounts -bit and I am having problem logging in using my user account An error flagged quot The User Profile Service service failed the logon User Account Profile cannot be loaded quot The Event Viewer window has these details Windows detected your registry file is still in use by User Registry Leaks - Problem on User Accounts other applications or services The file will be unloaded now The applications or services that hold your User Registry Leaks - Problem on User Accounts registry file may not function properly afterwards DETAIL - user registry handles leaked from Registry User S- - - - - - - Classes Process Device HarddiskVolume Windows System svchost exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - CLASSES I was able to logged in through Safe Mode but still an error flagged in status bar that the profile was not properly loaded Although I was able to copy all data from that user account to a new account can I still troubleshoot the problem and be able to log in using the old user account I have all my shortcuts and archives there and quot every customized thing quot Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:User Registry Leaks - Problem on User Accounts

Hi aice and welcome to Vista Forums

Have you checked the information in the following Tutorial?

The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/223345-user-registry-leaks-problem-user-accounts.html
Relevancy 42.57%

CANT FIND THE DEL BUTTON,,, 

NOT RIGHT PLACE FOR MY WRIGTING,,,:-)

A:1 account, 2 user names, but only 1 user = Big Registry Problem

What is exactly the meaning of this topic? Is it a queestion or a discussion?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563705/1-account-2-user-names-but-only-1-user-big-registry-problem/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi,
I have windows 8 Pro With Media Center installed on my laptop (Vostro 1015 320 GB HDD & 4 GB RAM). I just have the OS, MS office 2K13, foxit reader, KIS 2K14 and Paragon Partition Master installed (which I do not use at all). Since two days ago System Restore Checkpoint Creation / Restore is not working. The error message says that I do not have sufficient privilege for the operation to succeed. Although my machine is working, I need this to work as i have all my personal data on it. A backup is there but can this issue be resolved without a fresh install since volume of data is quite big and important ? Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks...

A:System Restore Checkpoint Creation / Restore Problem

Originally Posted by samrat

A backup is there but can this issue be resolved without a fresh install since volume of data is quite big and important ? Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks...

Are you saying your Restore Points are your only form of Backup for all your data?

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/66581-system-restore-checkpoint-creation-restore-problem.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I run windows 7 premium 64 and all of the sudden I stated to get this popup after windows loads that says
"C:\User\Lori-Bee\AppData\Local\Temp\032150Log.iniis lost"
How can I fix this?...I tried check disk running CCleaner ....No difference

A:C:\User\User -User\AppData\Local\Temp\032150Log.iniis lost

Hi there ... Read the Link below and follow the Instructions ..
ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Forum- Error 182418Log.iniis lost

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/325334-c-user-user-user-appdata-local-temp-032150log-iniis-lost.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Hello,
I currently have 5 user accounts on my windows vista 32-bit computer and I needed to create a new account. So, I logged onto the administrator account and created a new user account. Then, I logged off the administrator account and tried to log onto the new account. However, I received the following message
The user profile service failed the log on.
User profile can not be loaded.
After receiving the message I restarted the computer and attempted to log onto the new account but I received the same message.
Please help me.
Thank you in advance.

A:The user profile service Service failed the log on. User profile can not be loaded. Problem. Windows Vista 32-bit

Fix a corrupted user profile, Vista - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/fix-a-corrupted-user-profile

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/456439/the-user-profile-service-service-failed-the-log-on-user-profile-can-not-be-loaded-problem-windows-vista-32-bit/
Relevancy 36.55%

My major problem is that I problem account and removal problem program User have two user accounts and I can t get rid of one of them On startup my screen shows the icon of the sunflower and underneath that the words toshiba Locked And then the option to Switch user I have been unable to delete the extra user account when I go to Add or remove user accounts in the Control Panel and try to remove I get a message saying Windows needs your permission to do this If you started this action continue User accounts Control Panel Microsoft Windows When I click on the Details option in this window I get the following D EB A- F- C B-A B- BD B A and then the options to Continue or Cancel At the bottom of the window are the words User account control helps stop unauthorized changes to your computer When I click on Continue I get a screen indicating that User account problem and program removal problem I have two accounts toshiba Administrator and a Guest with an option to turn it on So far I have been unable to delete this Guest account I have also been unable to delete a program ARO I get similar results to the above when I try to delete the unwanted program using the Uninstall procedure in the Control Panel except the Details option brings up User account problem and program removal problem FCC B -EC E- DD -A B- A A I have performed the procedures recommended at the beginning of this forum and the requested logs reports have been pasted below under my signoff If someone can help me with these problems I would appreciate it Thank you Robert Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil ActiveX exe C Users toshiba AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Content IE B GAMOH HijackThis exe C Windows System mobsync exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Users toshiba Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO blekko search bar - adce-dba - e -afb - b cdf e - C Program Files blekkotb blekkotb X dll file missing O - Toolbar blekko search bar - adce-dba - e -afb - b cdf e - C Program Files blekkotb blekkotb X dll file missing O - HKLM Run avgnt quot C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe quot min O - HKCU Run AROReminder C Program Files ARO ARO exe -rem O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User NETWORK SERVICE O - SharedTaskScheduler Component Categories cache daemon - C EF- B - d -BE - C - C Windows system browseui dll O - Service Adobe Flash Player Up... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-account-problem-and-program-removal-problem.1067350/
Relevancy 36.12%

I am using windows xp with two user accounts. Both desktops have minimal folders and stuff on desktops. The problem is when either user tries to go from the user page to the individual desktop. Very slow, sometimes paints black screen for sometime, sometime repaints desktop few times, sometimes goes back to user page.. and sometimes actually goes directly to the desktop.. very confusing. Anybody got any ideas what is causing this software behavior.
Thanks
GRSadow

A:User page to user desktop page problem

Hello & welcome to TSF,

could you check your device manager to see if you have any (red or yellow) quotation marks

if you do then this means you have driver issues / note down what they are and getback to us

also you need to follw this link

http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...sting-log.html

you will need to note any probs, that you have with any of the steps/ save all logs to the desktop for ease of retreival ( DO NOT POST BACK HERE AT THIS THREAD) you will need to go to the (HJT LOG forum) here at this site / make sure that you tell the techs there of all problems when posting

stand strong for the techs there are busy

Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/user-page-to-user-desktop-page-problem-206067.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Where can i download s/w for converting jpg files to mpeg2 file format? I have been wanting to convert my jpg files so tat i can burn them using Nero Burning Rom / Easy CD Creator and play the video in a VCD/DVD player.

PLs help mi solve this problem.

A:Jpg vcd creation

Hiya

Found this:

http://www.roxio.com/en/products/videopack/vpfunctions.html

just search for jpg.

Ah, here's something.

Use something like BBMPEG and the list option and define the number of
frames to last 25 x the number of seconds you want them to be on screen.
Resize them to 720 x 576 first and output to MPEG2 for best quality.

Resize them to 352 x 288 for MPEG1 or VCD

These settings are for PAL.Click to expand...

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=c...[email protected]&rnum=2

and the program:

http://www.divx-digest.com/software/avi2mpg2.html

See if that works.

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/jpg-vcd-creation.69050/
Relevancy 35.26%

Does anyone know of software that will create a PDF file from scratch without using another application such as Word, notepad, etc?

A:PDF Creation

You can use OpenOffice and it's Sun PDF Import extension.
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/project/pdfimport

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/230703-pdf-creation.html
Relevancy 35.26%

hi can anyone please help me im geting a message
saying value creation failed at line 18
its causeing me alot of problems i cant seem to turn off computer
and when i restart i get the above message
thanks for any help

A:value creation

This could be the reason for the error.
http://support.gateway.com/s/MISC/Virus/troubleshootsu29.shtml

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/value-creation.346791/
Relevancy 35.26%

I tried searching for a thread on how to make .zip files but for some reason when i search, it says "fatal error"

So I have to make a thread.

Anyways, how can i make .zip files, do i need a program? if so , are there free ones?

Thanks

A:ZIP creation

Have you tried:

Right Click > Send to > Compressed (Zipped) Folder ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/zip-creation-276973.html
Relevancy 35.26%

I burned a DVD of "Motivational Posters" and some music. It burned correctly and it loads in everything.

The problem is that my DVD player sucks. It only plays the pictures and I can't find any way to play the music at all.

So my question is:

Is there a way I can set up a DVD menu type thing to open up the music folder by folder?

EDIT:

I meant on the same disk. It's a DVD+R. Or am I going to have to make a new disk? and If I were to make a new disk what free software could I use for MP3's? Burner XP is what I used, and Xilisoft's DVD Creator only allows me to work with Videos.

A:DvD Creation

The only option for a DVD to play music if it does not support mp3's, is to encode the music into a dvd Movie with either a blank video track or even some of the poster images you have used. Most DVD players do support file browsing for mp3 so try messing around with the menus when you have the disc inserted.

Hope this helps!

High500

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/236711/dvd-creation/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi guys i was wondering if anyone could recommend a PHP creation software. I want to learn and create a website in php, but i dont know what software to use.

Thanks guys

Mick

A:PHP Creation

I would learn it. http://www.w3schools.com/php/default.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/php-creation.551594/
Relevancy 34.83%

I am making a site on Sitemonkey. I want to have a list of links on my site. The link text will be different small bits of information, and when you click on the information you want, I would like a little text box to pop up in the right hand corner of the site, the way ads do. I want to create this box myself and type it full of text and safe it, but how do I do that? It has to be possible if I choose color schemes and delete ads that appear in just such little boxes. I just need the internet knowhow.

A:Web page creation

YOu need javascript.

Use this handy tool

http://javascript.internet.com/generators/popup-window.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/web-page-creation.83459/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hello all I have a miniDV camcorder It is probably or years old It s a Sony I just got a firewire cable for it and recoreded christmas I would like to DVD creation program put it onto my computer and create a DVD from it I was wondering if any of your DVD creation program pros could tell me what a good but fairly simplistic program to do that would be I have used the software that came with it in the past a DVD creation program long time ago I cannot remember what came with it nor do I have the software so I will ahve to buy DVD creation program more Because I ve used it though I have a slight knowledge of getting the video off from the cam onto my computer I jusr want something that will make it easy for me to create a DVD from that Any idea A program that does both would be most ideal I believe Any and all suggestions are welcomed Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 34.83%

is there any software to make dvd menus and such?

basically i just want to create a private dvd for myself so I can make databases and images and video clips organized in menus and such.

Any software to do that? And is there any software that can export a database into something presentable? (Like does microsoft have any software that syncs like that?)

I guess the most important thing is having presentable pages like frames where I click on a menu on the left and it opens on the right.

THanks for any help.

A:dvd creation software?

Well there is a wide choice.

If your looking to make simple data disk, Try BurnAware Free Edition http://www.snapfiles.com/get/burnaware.html

or DeepBurner

For DVDs with videos you can play on a DVD player, If you have Vista you can use Windows DVD maker, you'll find it built in.

But what you want i think is something more interactive, Normally you would make a powerpoint presentation, but if you want it on a DVD, im not sure.
You could try Nero http://www.nero.com/eng/nero8-introduction.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-creation-software.670228/
Relevancy 34.83%

I wish to create a .bat file which would restart a particular process, "ObjectDock.exe". It's location is "C:\Program Files\Stardock\ObjectDock\ObjectDock.exe". I know this is a two step process, first to terminate ObjectDock.exe, then launch it. I've used taskkill but to no avail thus far. Could anyone help?

Relevancy 34.83%

Does anyone know of a good forum that deals with making websites ??

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/382013-webpage-creation.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Hey,

I want to make a TV Commercial for my DiDA IT GCSE, as I need to promote a company that we have created.
How do I go about doing this?
Also, which software would be best? I don't mind if there trials.

Thanks

A:Tv Commercial Creation

I am not an expert in video production and design (more of the graphic design type), but I do have several friends who are into video production. They use and highly recommend Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects. I am a huge fan of Adobe and I use all of their products for my graphic design work. BTW, both of these programs have trial version available.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/128718/tv-commercial-creation/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi all.
I'm interested in creating a DVD (or series of DVD's) containing multimedia pub quizes. Different rounds of questions on various subjects, some written, picture, music and video rounds that can be played on any DVD player preferably but on a laptop at least. It would be good to be able to (for example) play the intro to a track and ask them to name it then play the same thing again (from the same screen) and have it carry on further into the track come answer time.
Does anyone know of any frontend software that would be good for this? Something written specifically for the task would obviously be best but anything that could do the job and has good online support and tutorials comes a close second.
Thanks in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-pub-quiz-creation.767074/
Relevancy 34.83%

I have been thinking about creating a small home business lately and was considering setting up a website of some sort.
Looking around the internet has left me confused because of the choice of different software and methods used to do this.

I would prefer to host the site on my own computer rather than a "free" hosting company. with a view to paid hosting if things go well.

I am aware of windows internet information services, apache,windows server 2008 and linux versions, but am unsure if which is the correct/popular application to use?

Which server and website content creation software I should use/ begin with please?

A:Website creation

fimbles said:

I would prefer to host the site on my own computer rather than a "free" hosting company. with a view to paid hosting if things go well.Click to expand...

that is understandable, but you run into issues on the EULA from your ISP which typically will block inbound port 80 which is required by the webserver software

I am aware of windows internet information services, apache,windows server 2008 and linux versions, but am unsure if which is the correct/popular application to use?Click to expand...

imo, depends upon which platform you have skills in software development
(notice:- NOT the same as a desktop{Mac, Linux, Windows} experience).

*IF* you get to the point of moving to a hosting solution (ie paid), then I would recommend you focus on Linux services like Apache2, PHP, Perl, MySQL as few hosting solutions support Windows IIS

Which server and website content creation software I should use/ begin with please?Click to expand...

That's a learning curve question. I prefer RAW files (ie write it all line by line) which means I can change whatever at will.
Other tools can generate a page, but then even the slightest modification requires another complete re-generation

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/website-creation.188144/
Relevancy 34.83%

hey
i have few characters and want them to convert to font file so i be easy when writing them. is there any software which can do this task?

A:Font creation

Try this... Font Generator - Make Your Own Handwriting Font With Your Fonts

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/105019-font-creation.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Does anyone know of a good forum that deals with making websites ??

http://www.sevenforums.com/chillout-room/382013-webpage-creation.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Hey Guys, I've creation an icon picture. (.ico) and use it for the icon I want. Now I want to transfer it to other computers. But the icon picture doesnt show up when i transfer it. How would I be able to fix that without copying the picture to the other computer and then editing it agian to show the icon.

Thanks in advance :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/icon-creation-475781.html
Relevancy 34.83%
Relevancy 34.83%

I have an excel spreadsheet that I am using with several VLOOKUP values referencing customer survey questions There are several ticket numbers one one sheet that creation Excel Yes/No value each have a series of questions asked to the customer along with a rating of - I have a list validation with a dropdown that points to a ticket and based on that ticket number the appropriate questions are displayed for that question I also have a tech assigned to each of the tickets so when a ticket is chosen from Excel Yes/No value creation the dropdown the appropriate tech Excel Yes/No value creation s name is also displayed What I am trying to do is have a checkbox Yes No or True False cell where the tech can toggle the value for each ticket I know I can create a quot third quot column for the Yes No value with another VLOOKUP to tie in to each ticket but how can I get the value to be displayed based upon what the tech is choosing in the same cell ie I want cell A to be a vlookup for the value in B ticket chosen from dropdown a range of C C list of ticket s but I also want the tech to be able to choose the value I know this can be done in Access with a simple checkbox Can the same be done in Excel nbsp

Relevancy 34.83%

Hello,

I will be buying a new computer soon and the main purpose for it will be for media creation (such as video editing, digital audio editing etc). And what I hear all the time is that Macs are way better for that kind of stuff. And that is one thing that is making me consider getting a mac. But the thing is....nobody ever says why the mac is better. They just say that it is. So could someone please fill me in here. How do Windows 7 machines compare with macs considering their media creation capabilities?
Thanks

A:PCs for media creation

The only thing that matters is what software you use. The OS isn't nearly as important as the software you use for the actual editing. I remember my brother telling me that Apple has some free video editing program that is better than the original Windows Movie Maker. But, now you have Windows Live Movie Maker you can use, which isn't great by any means, but its better than the original one on XP in my opinion.

Personally, I like Audacity, a free audio editing program, which has never let me down.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/104828-pcs-media-creation.html
Relevancy 34.83%

hi !
i want to know -:
how to post a new website on internet ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/website-creation-372404.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I Have A Game I'm Starting To Create ,but The Problem Is That Everytime I Spk With A Consultant about How To Start my Project, They Wont Explain The Process They Always Indicate What My First Step Is And I Want To Know Exactly How The Process Goes Step By Step. How Can I Find Someone Who Knows What There Are Talking About And Still Will Take The Time Out To Explain It To Me?

Relevancy 34.83%

Hi Folks,

Need some help with creating a logo.

here are few examples:

The theme is Team Work. The name is Boxty and you can add your own slogan while i got "One spirit, one team, one win?" Need this ASAP as my laptop is giving me hard time.

A:Logo Creation

Not sure on size n stuff but this is my first idea

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/327821-logo-creation.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Im taking a class on my own on programming I tried asking for help where Im taking this class but no response creation pseudocode help with Need I was hoping to get some help here in learning this better Question You have a database of student records The database contains the following information StudentName StudentIDNumber Major Valid data gt Business Math English History GradeAverage Valid Data gt to in increments ClassYear Valid Data gt - each number Need help with pseudocode creation represents the class year with Freshmen Sophomore etc Write the pseudocode for a program which will read this file of information and print a letter to each student who is eligible to join the new Honor Society No students belong to it yet Freshmen may not join the Honor Society but membership is open to all other students who have a average or above There is a scholarship available Need help with pseudocode creation for a History major who is a member Need help with pseudocode creation of the Honor Society so all history majors will need a special message on the same letter is fine advising them of this possibility Im struggling here I tried writing some but got confused Any help here is greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 34.83%

hello all,

i want a CSS code to create a table that should apply to its rows and columns as well. i tried to do it by creating a style sheet with width= 1px and some color to it. but it is applying only to table border. if i try to apply same to <td> then apply seperatly.

So i want a code to do all thing at a glance.
please help me on this.

A:Creation of table in CSS

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/tables.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/creation-of-table-in-css.379859/
Relevancy 34.83%

I have tried a bunch of things, but nothing works. I need to get a lan connection open so i can hookup my xbox and run online. I was told that since i have a wireless connection, i need to bridge it with the lan. But the problem is, I only have the wireless connection. What steps do I take to make a new lan connection icon?? The pic, hopefully, shows what i mean.

Relevancy 34.83%

I'm trying to change PDF creation software, and I hope I can get some recommendations here.  The following are the parameters:

1.  Must be free, not trail or shareware.
2.  Foxit out of the question.

I'm currently using one, but I don't want to say what it is, so the results isn't skewed.

Thanks in Advance.

A:PDF creation software

i can't say microsoft word is free but it is probably already on your machine. the later versions will export to pdf. use of a google account may also make it possible. you could attemot uploading an attachment to gmail (or into google drive) then selecting the" change format to google docs format" option and then opening the google doc and selecting pdf as a download option.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541350/pdf-creation-software/
Relevancy 34.83%

I followed the all details of this tutorial : How to Create Custom Start Orb Image And I made my own orb !! But when I apply the orb it comes a little brighter !! See the images and please help me with this !! I really want to know how to do my own orbs !! Thanks !! l

A:Please help with start orb creation !!

You may try this one as your background .. 1111.zip . The zip contains an alpha channel ready bmp file . If the extra brightness is a result of making alpha channel wrongly, it will not occur with this one , I hope .

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/183362-please-help-start-orb-creation.html
Relevancy 34.83%

One of the first things that I noticed about Windows 8 is that it now has native support for viewing PDF files, like the Mac OS. However, the functionality seems extremely limited. For many years now I have found programs like Adobe Acrobat and Nitro PDF indispensable at home and at work. Adobe seems to have a PDF Reader app for Win 8 but it is getting very poor reviews. Am I right in assuming that Win 8 has no native functionality for generating PDF files? Also, the range of PDF apps in the Windows 8 app store seems very limited. Is it best for now to stick with the old standbys? E.g., Foxit, Adobe, Nitro, CutePDF, etc.?

A:PDF viewing and creation

First thing after installing win 8, installed (Foxit Reader) & associated file type

PDF too it…

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/16843-pdf-viewing-creation.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I want to get into the electronica scene, but I have no idea where to start. Plus, I'm kinda on a budjet of $400, so a big expensive synth is out of the question.

A:Music Creation

Hi there! My first port of call would be to visit Sonic Spot and have a look at some software called 'Fruity Loops'. This software has been around for some time now and features many plugins, tutorials etc.Also have a look at Hitsquad a brilliant resource for music information and software.Head over to Propellerheads website they have some brilliant software, and have a couple of free downloads such as Rebirth 303!!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/72754/music-creation/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hello I am kind of new to this site so if I did something wrong sorry.
I am going to buy a new computer soon I want it to be amazing top processor, graphics card everything but I know very little about this so I need some help (parts, building) I was going to use orginspc but if theres something better to have a customized pc please comment!
Budget is around 6k maybe more

A:Computer creation

How long does it take to get a reply?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-creation.199175/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi,I have been getting these error messages "value creation failed at line 599and sometimes at line 685. My screen is not in true color and it will not allow me to loginto windows. I need step by step instructions on how to fix my computer, PLEASE!Everything on this computer came pre-installed so I do not have CD's.Thank youDebby

A:Value Creation Messages, Can Not Log In

Hmm...seeming fix is repair or clean install, from what I see.Parser ErrorsSystem manufacturer and model?Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/357025/value-creation-messages-can-not-log-in/
Relevancy 34.83%

Im looking for a tool that creates VCD movies, but it has to make a menu like a dvd that i can pick which movie to play, a gui that is, could someone recommend any good programs out there?

Relevancy 34.83%

Hi,
I am having 3 movies (.vob files and supporting files) which can be copied to 4.5gb DVD. I am able to copy all the files. But, Please help me in creating a menu for all the three movies, by which, if I select the third menu item, it has to play the third movie.

A:Dvd Menu Creation

There are plenty of softwares to do that, such as Nero.What do you use? It may already be equipped to do that.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/70413/dvd-menu-creation/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi,
COuld anyone let me know the steps to create a package?I was told that initially I have to create a folder(with the package name), then write a program that starts with "package package_name;", then another program starting with "import package_name.class_name".Im confused abou this because instead of creating the folder/package manually, I had come across something like javac -d java_filename.java or something which creates the package & places the class file in it.
Could anyone let me know the exact procedure?
Thanks.

A:Package Creation

You should have a read to this page for a start.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/package-creation.527893/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi,

I work for a company that has multiple customers on different O\S version, namely windows and Mac’s. The users are external based clients and we need them to complete certain forms but the multi platform is causing us some issues. Currently we have forms in Microsoft Word format but these are only editable by those people on windows based PCs not Mac’s. I have a few questions

1, How is the best way to host forms for multiple platforms
2, what is a quick solution?
3, Are PDF’s an option? I can create forms for Mac users but the windows users cannot save the changes made using Adobe Reader. I’ve also tried using Adobe Lifecycle Designer but I’ll admit I’m not adobe wiz..

Any advise is appreciated.

A:Document Creation

Are HTML forms online somewhere an option?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/document-creation.980008/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi I am a developer trying to file Help CSV creation with write reports out to csv file on the file from an Oracle database I have a link that says quot download csv file quot which links into a csv file inside the csv file there is a reference to an ASP via include so that when the link is clicked on it processes the query passed to it Help with CSV file creation and populates the csv file on the fly This means i do not have to use the FileSystemObject to actually create the file because it s already there and the database query just loops through and bungs the data into the file once they request it If i browse to this directly it works but does not via the link The code i use within the csv file is this lt -- include file quot includes MAKECSV FP asp quot -- gt The code for the processing is as follows ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Set OverspendRS Server CreateObject quot ADODB RecordSet quot OverspendRS ActiveConnection objConnFP sqlString quot SELECT FROM FPROOWNER V OVERSPEND LIST quot cmbCostCentre REPLACE cmbCostCentre quot quot quot quot IF cmbCostCentre lt gt quot All quot THEN sqlString sqlString amp quot WHERE FPROOWNER V OVERSPEND LIST CUSTOMER ACCOUNT IN quot amp cmbCostCentre amp quot quot IF Request QueryString quot dfOverspend quot gt THEN PercentageOverspend CInt Request QueryString quot dfOverspend quot sqlString sqlString amp quot AND FPROOWNER V OVERSPEND LIST PCT PROFILED SPEND gt quot amp PercentageOverSpend amp quot quot ELSE END IF ELSE IF Request QueryString quot dfOverspend quot gt THEN PercentageOverspend CInt Request QueryString quot dfOverspend quot sqlString sqlString amp quot WHERE FPROOWNER V OVERSPEND LIST PCT PROFILED SPEND gt quot amp PercentageOverSpend amp quot quot ELSE END IF END IF SELECT CASE Request QueryString quot RFPO quot CASE quot Registration quot sqlString sqlString amp quot ORDER BY FPROOWNER V OVERSPEND LIST REGISTRATION quot CASE quot Driver quot sqlString sqlString amp quot ORDER BY FPROOWNER V OVERSPEND LIST DRIVER quot CASE quot Overspend quot sqlString sqlString amp quot ORDER BY FPROOWNER V OVERSPEND LIST PCT PROFILED SPEND DESC quot CASE quot Customer Name quot sqlString sqlString amp quot ORDER BY FPROOWNER V OVERSPEND LIST COST CENTRE NAME quot CASE ELSE END SELECT OverspendRS Open sqlString gt Registration Vehicle Description Cost Centre Name Driver Current Mileage Actual Spend Budget Spend Profiled Spend Budget Cost Per Mile Percentage of Profiled Spend lt vbCrLf gt lt WHILE NOT OverspendRS EOF RegNo OverspendRS quot Registration quot VehDesc OverspendRS quot Vehicle Description quot CCName OverspendRS quot Cost Centre Name quot Driver OverspendRS quot DRIVER quot CurrentMileage RepDueRS quot CURRENT MILEAGE quot ActSpend OverspendRS quot ACTUAL SPEND quot BudgetSpend OverspendRS quot BUDGET SPEND quot ProfileSpend OverspendRS quot PROFILED SPEND quot BudgByMileage OverspendRS quot BUDGET COST PER MILE quot PctProfiled OverspendRS quot PCT PROFILED SPEND quot gt lt RegNo gt lt VehDesc gt lt CCName gt lt Driver gt lt CurrentMileage gt lt ActSpend gt lt BudgetSpend gt lt ProfileSpend gt lt BudgByMileage gt lt PCTProfiled gt lt vbCrLf gt lt OverspendRS MoveNext WEND OverspendRS Close Set OverspendRS nothing ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have made this work before but can t for the life of me remember how to do it Having tried almost everyting i can think i resort to asking you guys for assistance or advice if any one can help i would be extremely grateful Regards Dave nbsp

Relevancy 34.83%

I bought a new computer with Windows 7 and Word 2010 and had all my documents transferred from my old XP PC. Now in Library/documents the "Arrange by" choice is only "date modified" which for all existing documents was October 5, 2012--i.e., the date of the data transfer. How can I get the documents to be listed by date created ?

A:creation date

Go to My Documents folder, not library. Right click on top bar and checkmark Date Created. Then click on that header to sort by Date Created.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/creation-date.1089113/
Relevancy 34.83%

I have been working on a theme for a bit and am trying to figure out how you change the color or image background of the details pane windows explorer. This is what i mean:
http://th09.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/...bd-d35kkef.png

I have gotten the pane to the top with reshacker simply changing some "bottom"s to "top"s But I want some custom Backgrounds in there. Any help would be freaking sweet. Thank you

Oh and the image is of sagorpirbd's longhorn theme for Win7
Longhorn

A:Help with Theme Creation

I would like to find that out too. I am creating a new theme, and i want it at least translucent. Somewhere in windows style builder i've tried but it doesn't work
EDIT: I know where to edit it, i want it translucent though.
k1m0s here: Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Preview Pane > 1 > <1> -- Edit the image

Need any more help? I found this EPIC tutorial on everything you could ask for. It's recommended you register at this website
http://virtualcustoms.net/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=2139

Also updated system specs, thanks to piriform speccy!

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/149643-help-theme-creation.html