Windows Support Forum

Ram not reporting correct Speed in BIOS

Q: Ram not reporting correct Speed in BIOS

Hello I have an old HP Pavilion n that has - GB DDR PC ram modules but they are being reported in BIOS as only being at PC and I am just wondering if this is the best that this system can do with this speed of ram or is there anything that I can do to get it to run at PC Here are the specs from CPU-Z Mainboard Model - ASUS P B -LA rev Chipset - Intel i D rev Southbridge - Intel BA ICH rev Processor Intel Pentium - GHz - Northwood Clocks Core Core Speed - MHz Multiplier - x Bus Speed - MHz Rated FSB - MHz CPU-Z is reporting that both modules are PC DDR but the BIOS is indicating PC The BIOS does not have the ability to change anything regarding clock settings and the board itself has no jumpers to change so any input would be welcome regarding any suggestions if this system can actually get full usage of the PC DDR GB modules or if it can only run at PC because of the Bus Speed I thought that if Speed Ram reporting BIOS not correct in the board had a MHz FSB it would run DDR PC ram Any advice would be appreciated Thanks Brian nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-not-reporting-correct-speed-in-bios.207737/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Ram not reporting correct Speed in BIOS

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 76.54%

Im trying to install an amd 2400xp to a asus A7n8x Deluxe (2.0 rev.). When i boot up, it only recognzes xp 1800 and i get the message to adjust correct cpu speed in bios. I go to bios and there is not a cpu speed menu. I have done this before on my asus a7v333 when I updated from 1900xp to 2400 xp and the speed menu appeared so i can select 2.0 Ghz speed. But on this freshly mobo and all components pc, i dont get the cpu speed menu. I have also left intact the cpu fsb jumper.(its set to default 266/333/400). Any help will be apreaciated

Relevancy 67.51%

I wasn't really sure where to post this, but here goes.
I'm running win XP and my c: reports 2.5g in use and 3g total, but I'm always stuck with less than 50 mb free. There is no paging file on c: and system restore is off. I've also cleaned all temporary files and browser caches. If this has been asked before, sorry, and thanks for your help.

reposted in correct forum..this can be deleted

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/c-not-reporting-correct-space.418262/
Relevancy 67.51%

I seem to be getting 3 different temperature readings for my CPU(E8500 3.16Ghz). PCProbe 2 reports CPU temps of 70-80c, CoreTemp reports 56c and Real Temp reports 46c. If the first readings(70-80c) were correct i think the CPU would fry or at least blue screen the system. Can anyone out there explain why this is ocuring? Or a Temperature monitoring tool/utility that will report more realistic values? My specs E8500 3.16Ghz, P5N32-E SLI, EN9600GT, 2Gb DDR2, 570w PSU, Vista Ultimate.

A:Correct Temp Reporting

Unless you are having computer problems like you mentioned, freezing, blue screens or shutdowns, temp readings are not critical. Temp sensors on motherboards are notorius for being less than accurate. Even if you used a good thermocouple to measure the temps, it would depend on where you placed the probe to get the most accurate temp. For a CPU the best place for the probe tip would be between the CPU heatsink and the CPU die... As you can imagine, this is not practical

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/correct-temp-reporting.109488/
Relevancy 59.34%

Windows XP system somehow keeps reporting my P3 700Mhz at less than 200. The last time I checked, it even said 140.. whats going on? speedstep?

A:Windows system reporting P3 speed at >200?

Is this a laptop? Some Laptops use variable speed CPUs to conserve energy and will slow the processor down during light usage. If it is a desktop, consider this may be another undocumented feature of MS XP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-system-reporting-p3-speed-at-200.77079/
Relevancy 58.91%

I installed this utility from Intel and as the title states, the utility shows the "expected"

CPUspeed is 2.67 ghz on this processor, however, it is "reporting" at 1.59 ghz. I'm not sure whats causing this because the two speeds should match. I have already done an RMA for a new processor with the same results. I've tried various MB bios settings but nothing has helped. I'm using a Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R MB. Any input would be great. Thank you.

A:Intel Processor ID Utility Reporting Low CPU Speed on i7 920

http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.asp?m=100836637

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-processor-id-utility-reporting-low-cpu-speed-on-i7-920.860145/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a PIII 533 CPU and an ABIT VA6 Motherboard. When booting it says PIII 266 CPU. I've gone into the "soft menu setup" and tried to correct it but then the computer won't boot. I get the error message "CPU has change..unworkable.." I've done all I could think of including reformatting my HD and updating all drivers for my VIA chipset. I ran Intel's Processor Frequency Utility and it says I have a 533/100 but its running at 265/66. I've had this problem for so long!! Any help would be very much appreciated.

A:CPU speed not correct

Very strange...

Your problem is at the hardware level (no need to reformat your HD or anything).

Has this happened since you've gotten this mobo/CPU, or have you done a BIOS update? Check for updates? Upgraded the CPU recently?

Im somewhat familer with ABIT boards... there is usually a problem that causes the MOBo to go to a default mode.

You may have to contact ABIT directly on this one...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-speed-not-correct.86278/
Relevancy 56.76%

i just installed nero 6 and i tried the "nero infotool"
why does my bus speed = 133MHz

my pc:
Sony VAIO Digital Studio PCV-RX850 PC Desktop
Processor Intel Pentium 4 2.4 GHz
motherboard bus speed = 533Mhz

is nero incorrect, is it a diff bus speed or did sony lie about their info
what other freeware i can use to double check my motherboard bus speed

A:bus speed, is this correct

That sounds right [email protected] a multiplier of 9 =2.4 gig

Just make certain the multiplier is at 9

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bus-speed-is-this-correct.193353/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have 3 x 2gb Corsair 1600mhz DDR3 ram sticks. I ran blackbox, and it tells me the memory is running at 533mhz? And if I read it correctly, it's underclocked by 20%??

Is this all wrong? And if so, how do I fix?

I did read this, but it didn't really explain things for me http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/55...e-read-posting

It says effective speed is double core speed, which would make my effective speed 1066 if the frequency listed by black box were "core". But it's supposed to be 1600mhz

Corsairs C7D ram is advertised, and sold as 7:7:7:20. Black box reports it as 8:8:8:20?

thanks
Tanya

A:Is my memory speed correct?

Quote: Originally Posted by Yanta

I have 3 x 2gb Corsair 1600mhz DDR3 ram sticks. I ran blackbox, and it tells me the memory is running at 533mhz? And if I read it correctly, it's underclocked by 20%??

Is this all wrong? And if so, how do I fix?

I did read this, but it didn't really explain things for me MEMORY FAQ (please read before posting) - Memory - Motherboards-Memory

It says effective speed is double core speed, which would make my effective speed 1066 if the frequency listed by black box were "core". But it's supposed to be 1600mhz

Corsairs C7D ram is advertised, and sold as 7:7:7:20. Black box reports it as 8:8:8:20?

thanks
Tanya

If I recall correctly, LGA 1366 quad cores support a max of 1066 unless you overclock.

Edit: http://www.intel.com/products/proces...rei7/index.htm it says

Quote:
3 Channels of DDR3 1066 MHz memory

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/95016-my-memory-speed-correct.html
Relevancy 55.9%

AMD Athlon XP 2400+ (Thoroughbred)
MSI KT4 Ultra Motherboard
1.5GB PC2700 DDR 266Mhz
Windows XP Pro

Hi, with the above setup, the board is reporting that the processor is an XP 2200+ at 1.6Ghz. It should be a 2400+ at 2Ghz.

In the BIOS frequency controls the FSB is 133Mhz and the multiplier is set to Auto. According to my research it should be on 15.0 to make it 2Ghz so I have tried setting it to 15.0 but the motherboard will not boot with that setting and I have to clear the CMOS with the jumper to start over.

Has anyone seen this before or know what I can do?

Many thanks,
Mantis.

Relevancy 55.9%

I've built a computer for the first time and I'm not sure about a few things.. First of all my memory frequency is only clocked at 266.7mhz. Isn't that really low considering I have dual DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) sticks? Also is my timing good on it or should I modify it in anyway? Thanks for the help!

A:Are my timings/cpu bus speed correct?

Since you haven't posted any information about your system in your profile, you could at least help us & do it here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-my-timings-cpu-bus-speed-correct.73582/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi I am trying to set my RAM to the correct speed of MHz but I am unable to get it above MHz Here are the machine specs Intel Core i ASRock P Deluxe Crucial DDR Mhz - - - x GB Link PowerColor Radeon HD Speed Cannot To Get RAM Solved: Correct MB I noticed that CPU-Z shows the following www talnivarr co uk sites todd images cpuzmem png www talnivarr co uk sites todd images cpuzspd png Note that the RAM is set to run at MHz i e x but that the timings table for MHz matches the expected figures Restart in BIOS the RAM is being detected as DDR MHz www talnivarr co uk sites todd images sysover jpg I have already set it to manually www talnivarr co uk sites todd images Solved: Cannot Get RAM To Correct Speed tweak jpg www talnivarr co uk sites todd images ramfreq jpg The only other relevant options I have is the timings page www talnivarr co uk sites todd images ramtiming jpg Anyone know what is going on here How do I get my RAM to run at the correct speed nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

hi, i have just built my first comp, the specs are as follows

Intel 845PE asrock mobo
512MB 184DIMM PC2100 ram
GF FX5200 256MB DDR VO DVI AGP
P4 3.0 512Kb processor

It will not run at 3.0ghz, it runs at 2ghz just fine....
Ive tried increasing the cpu frequency and the comp will run at 3.0 ghz but it will then die as it reaches windows........says somthing about ram error.....

please can anywone help me ?

A:cpu notworking at correct speed

sorry all, i know the problem, its the mobo, it only suports 3.0ghz 800mhz fbs when over clocked
i shall go ask in the mod forum for anyone who can help with the oc'ing

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-notworking-at-correct-speed.12213/
Relevancy 55.9%

Just installed a q6600 cpu into my p5b board (which has been updated to most recent bios). However it is running at 1.6 ghz, not 2.4. Anybody give me any help?

Relevancy 55.9%

So I just installed my 8350 about two days ago and I just found out that it isn't running to its full potential. It's running at 2812 MHz. when it should be running at at least 4k MHz. I tried running my game to see if it will go up and maybe its just idle to save power but that did not work. Then I went into my bios and turned off all my C-State (c1e, c6 are the only two I have). And that did not do the trick and I have ran into a brick wall. Please help me.

A:AMD 8350 Not getting correct speed

I have 3 possible solutions to the issue: 1) The CPU is flawed. 2) You are in a power saving Windows state. 3) Your CPU is running hot, which will throttle its speed to something lower.

In order to check whether your PC is in a power saving mode, go to the start menu and type in "power options". Choose the one listed under "control panel". Once you click it, it should bring up a window that tells you what power state you are in. Choose the "Balanced" plan if it is in power saving mode and see if that helps.

Secondly, download and run RealTemp and tell me what the CPU temperature is at idle and when gaming.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-8350-not-getting-correct-speed.199067/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey guys, - I know I download at 16Mbps as per speed tests on my wifi..

the issue I have is why doesn't it use much much more than 4-5Mbps when I watch Youtube videos?? this really upsets me because I try to watch 720p high quality videos and they take awhile to load especially when I want to skip around..

so I'm ready for suggestions..

is it settings in my adapter? I have Qos totally unchecked and turned off in advanced adapter settings..

A:Want correct speed for my wifi using youtube..

Youtube uses a Variable Streaming rate. Since you run it inside your web browser, there is no way of knowing what the data stream actually is.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/68966-want-correct-speed-my-wifi-using-youtube.html
Relevancy 55.47%

So I have 6GB of DDR3 RAM in my computer, and when I go into my BIOS, it says that they are operating at 1066 frequency, when they are 1333 sticks. I'm not sure how to solve this issue, but I think I know how it came about. I had a 2GB 1066 stick in there and for some reason when I took it out, the speed stuck in the BIOS.... any ideas how to correct this? I have tried: Flashing the BIOS. I think I might try to clear the CMOS THEN flash the BIOS, and hope that that works.

A:DDR3 RAM not showing correct speed

Download and run"

CPUID

On the Memory tab it will show the current memory settings and the SPD tab will show what the auto settings are. The auto settings may not be 1333 but you can then change the values in the Bios to get what you want.

Jim

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/68073-ddr3-ram-not-showing-correct-speed.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a 3.2Ghz AMD processor that only seems to be running at 2Ghz presently. My mobo is a GA-K8NSC-939, I have 1.5Gb of DDR 400 RAM on board and I am running XP SP2. I have tried a couple of things in BIOS - (ie loaded optimal performace settings) but these have made no difference.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Relevancy 55.47%

I own a WindowsXP computer. I am trying to learn how to burn CDs. I "seem" to be able to assemble my playlist, drag,drop, and pick a new playlist. I "seem" to be burning a new CD after installing a blank 52xmulti speed disc. My troubles begin after about 91% of the burning process is completed. The process will stop and inform me that the "write-speed" is incorrect! How does one go about changing to the correct speed? What is the proper sequence in CD burning so that I do it the same way every time?

Relevancy 55.47%

Hi, i have tiscali up to 8 meg.
I know this means from there servers but i should be getting more than 1.5 meg average?
it also doesnt even seem like it is running at 1.5 meg because everything i download off the internet averages at 30 kb's a sec download, which is very slow.

maybe it is to do with my modem settings?
is there something to optimise this?

here is my speed test results:

Thanks all help is apreciated.

A:Tiscali not giving me the correct speed?

read JOHNWILLs post here
http://forums.techguy.org/networking/756340-game-connection-speed.html

and try the tests etc he suggests

post results

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tiscali-not-giving-me-the-correct-speed.760261/
Relevancy 55.47%

I put together a machine with an ASUS A7N8X-X MOBO and Athlon XP 2600 Barton (1900 GHZ and 333 FSB). With the auto settings in the Advanced Chipset Features, Everest reported it as 1.1 GHZ or something like that. So I changed the CPU External Frequency from 100 to 166 as the Frequency Multiplier had been set at 11.5. I assume that's correct because the manual says the FSB should be twice the CPU External Frequency, so twice 166 is 334 (close to 333 listed). This then gave me 1.921 GHz and a 334 Mhz effective FSB. See the snapshots of Everest readings:

Relevancy 54.61%

Hello I was using this VM in the past smoothly Now however I have new PC and VM doesnt recognize new speed of new CPU correctly My new CPU is amd fx ghz VM however just recognizes it as hz speed and therefor acts as if it was ware speed. Vm CPU correct doesnt recognize so ---- gt terribly slow it sometimes dont even boot Also I have this message when starting VM VMware Workstation has measured your CPU speed to be MHz but Windows reports that it is MHz This may mean that your computer has a power-saving feature that varies the processor speed As a result the clock in your virtual machine may run too fast or Vm ware doesnt recognize correct CPU speed. too slow For a workaround please refer to the VMware knowledge base article at http vmware com info id Click to expand Thing is i tried maximum performance at control panel power options but it didnt Vm ware doesnt recognize correct CPU speed. change anything Anyone have idea what could be causing it and possible solution Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

Hello all We recently upgraded to Fiber internet and should be receiving MB s download speed We use one laptop and one desktop The laptop shows proper download and upload speeds on both an Ethernet and wireless connection when using speedtest net Between and MB Correct Not Wireless Getting Solved: Desktop Speed s However my desktop which I use Solved: Wireless Desktop Not Getting Correct Speed with an Asus N n Solved: Wireless Desktop Not Getting Correct Speed Wireless PCI-E x card However I am only getting - MB s on speedtest net with the desktop and around - MB s upload I know this is weird too I have searched Google far and wide trying to solve this issue I have done all the normal things such as Solved: Wireless Desktop Not Getting Correct Speed reinstalling and updating drivers for my chipset and wireless card I installed the download from the quot Utility quot section on this page because when I download the item from the quot Wireless quot section it gives me a folder with contents lacking an exe or anything of the sort My system specs can be found in my description My desktop is Windows and the laptop is Windows nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

I've had this problem in the past where Nero thinks my burner is a 12X and not a 24X. This was easily solved by a reboot. Now however even after the speed test it will only allow me to burn at 12X. I am using a Sony CRX175E.

Relevancy 54.18%

Hey all, I'm going absolutely nuts. I'm building a new system up for my mom and the parts she bought are fubar! The old board wouldn't format the HDD when I tried to install windows XP pro on it, though the hard drive did fine loading in my PC. Bought a new board and it won't POST. I had the Bus set to 233MHz which is what AMD lists as the frequency for the AthalonXP 2800+, but when I put the processor back in the old board to make sure I didn't fry the processor it read it's bus speed as 100MHz. I upped the speed to 233 on that board and it stopped posting. Do I have a bunk chip? If so, is the old board actually ok?

I'll post all the specs of the boards when I get back, but any 1st thoughts would be appreciated.

A:new board won't POST, Processor not running at correct speed

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

The correct front side bus speed for your athlon 2800+ cpu is 166mhz. By setting it to 233mhz this constitutes a massive overclock, and that is why your system wont post.

If you look at the cpu specs below you will see that the Athlon xp 2800+ has an fsb of 333mhz which is means it should be set to 166mhz. 166mhz X the multiplier of 12.5 = 2083mhz clock speed.

See HERE for athlon specs.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-board-wont-post-processor-not-running-at-correct-speed.31439/
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a Dell Inspiron 8100 and it list the processor clock speed at 1000/733 mhz. The processor speed is currently at 733 mhz. Is there a setting that can be changed to achieve the full 1000mhz clock speed?
Any suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks.

A:Is Dell Inspiron 8100 processor speed correct?

Your Inspiron like many notebooks will throttle back your processor speed to reduce heat and prolong battery life. So even though it is a ~1Ghz processor it will at times run at 733MHz. That's normal behavior. You might be able to disable this feature in Control Panel/Power Options.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-dell-inspiron-8100-processor-speed-correct.550861/
Relevancy 53.75%

hi my system is an athlon(tm)xp 1500+
I decided to increase my ram from 2x 256 cards(DDR PC2700) to 1x 1gb I scanned my system to find what motherboard I was using MS-6777 (K7N2GM-L) and purchased a DDR PC3200. with the new card fitted the computer won`t start, the supplier said it would be by BIOS it would need to be updated. I went to the web page of the supplier www.msi.com and there lies the problem I`m unsure what to put in if I get it wrong goodbye computer.
I would appreciate it if anyone can give me the correct BIOS.
regards Toshwal.

Relevancy 53.75%

i have just built my own rig about a week ago and i need help getting the correct bios settings for my system i would appreciate any help thanks ahead of time i will list my specs now
amd phenom 2 x6 balck edition 1090t 3.2ghz stock cooler that came with the cpu
gigabyte 880gm-d2h mobo
corsair xms3 4gb mem
seagate barracuda 1tb lp serial ata 5900 32mb
nvivda geforce 210 1024 mb ddr3
ultra lsp550wat power supply
sony optarc 24 x dvdrw
nzxt gaming case m59
via 6421 raid controller pci card
os win 7 ultimate 32 bit
is the 32 bit version the best fro my system or should i be running 64 bit

i would like to get the best performance out of my system maybe overclock if possible any thoughts or suggestions thnaks to any one that is willing to help me

A:need help getting the correct bios for my rig

bios toward bottom of page...

http://www2010.gigabyte.com/Support/Motherboard/BIOS_Model.aspx?ProductID=3515

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-getting-the-correct-bios-for-my-rig.982739/
Relevancy 52.89%

The Bios update for my probook 455 G3 notebook says it is for the N80 Bios family buy my current Bios is N79. Can I update with the N80 family Bios? I have windows 10 64 bit

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Looking-for-correct-Bios-update/td-p/5748016
Relevancy 52.89%

I think I have been hacked by a hacker, I've Googled these "netbios-ns, netbios -dgm" and for no appearant reason I have connection to "localhost" which should be me, right?

I also have 127.0.0.0, 224.0.0.0, 0.0.0.0. as my netmask and network destination when I type netstat -r. How can I curb and revive my internet connection rightfully to me and lose this hacker?

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 2/1/2006, 18:58:36
Machine name: *********
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Computer Corporation
System Model: Dimension 8300
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A03
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.60GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 510MB RAM
Page File: 584MB used, 664MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

A:How to correct a BIOS hack?

lexmarkx75 said:

I also have 127.0.0.0, 224.0.0.0, 0.0.0.0. as my netmask and network destination when I type netstat -r. Click to expand...

so do I. What is the problem. My internet works fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-correct-a-bios-hack.439129/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi Correct &Hot BIOS CPU Settings all the more I go through these forums the more I realize I need help I am not sure that I have the bios set to work correctly along with getting the Correct BIOS Settings &Hot CPU best results I have a Abit Kt A raid not setup AMD Ath Processor MB Ram gForce Ti MB Vid Mbs Hdd Win K pro SB Live now the current prob after seeing another member had a prob w a cooling issue I went to my sys amp sure enough my cpu Correct BIOS Settings &Hot CPU is currently running c amp f I shut down amp rebooted amp went to the bios amp attempted to cgange some of the settings then I enabled the shutdown for the CPU warning amp rebooted the system goes into a loop in other words it will not completly load just restarts so I disabled the cpu shut off and here I am also I do not overclock not that I am against it I just haven t tried it yet I am researching though Thanks in advance Sketchman as always nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

I've got a Gigabyte P35 DS3R with 4 gigs of Crucial Ballistix PC 8500 DDR2 1066 ram. The mobo loaded up nicely when I installed it. The ram I had at the time Crucial PC5300 DDR2 533 worked well. Since then I bought the PC 8500 DDR2 1066. When I go into the bios to overclock the BIOS shows the ram as 800. I cannot find a way to correct it in the bios, which is Award. I've clocked to 800 and everything is running nicely, but I'm not sure why the ram shows as DDR2 800 and not 1066. Can anyone help?

A:BIOS Doesn't Show Correct RAM

Make sure that your motherboard supports 4GB of memory!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-doesnt-show-correct-ram.652741/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi Im currently running on P02.A2 bios trying to upgrade to P03.A3 for USB 3.0 support DX4860-UB33P. Every time I try to Upgrade the bios itt says rom size is not same as current bios and exits program... The cureent size of my bios 2097 kb the rom file from gateway support is 2.5 MB idk what to do cant find correct file anywhere

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:dx4860-ub33p need correct p03.a3 bios rom says its...

mp3master69,

The reason there are other BIOS versions offered is for newer models of that series that required different BIOS versions. What you are currently using is the latest and most current BIOS we have for your unit.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Gateway-eMachines-and-Packard/dx4860-ub33p-need-correct-p03-a3-bios-rom-says-its-not-the-right/td-p/352614
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello all

I have a ThinkPad T61 with XP Pro. I recently put in another 2 GB stick of RAM bringing it from 3 GB to 4 GB. When I go into BIOS it reads all 4 gigs, however, when I go to Control Panel -> System it says I only have 3 GB of RAM.

What gives???

Relevancy 52.46%

Okay so just to let people know i m not a computer idiot this is kind of a multiple os comment and at the same time a no os comment I am writing this post on my laptop it s my desktop i m having trouble with it runs red hat before it started i put my windows disc in i change os s a correct, bios...:( on, no monitor Computer is lot i missed the timing for the boot from disk so i restarted then the computer never came back it s Computer is on, monitor correct, no bios...:( on it starts the fans whir the hard drive spools up for less time than usual the monitor is in correctly it even works self-diagnostic however with or without the cd i can t get the opening screen Computer is on, monitor correct, no bios...:( all those white letters with quot press F to change system settings quot to come back well i don t know what to do i would install a new bios but i don t know where to get one nor do i know how i would be able to do that without the computer really recognizing anything there are no beeps i know some beep codes and the cd-rom drive reads the disc but them resumes inactivity Help me please what should i do to get my computer back to running at least linux nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,
How to know the correct version of bios to get updated and how to do in running windows?
Will the bios update create some new menu in my bios? if not, what is the use of bios update?
Why driver update program like drivermax does not find updates for bios?
Can i add any item in Boot priority menu and make it workable thro registry tricks

A:how to know the correct version of bios for update

My rules of the thumb when it comes to bios updates (flash)

1. Always use the motherboard manual instruction to do a bios flash.

2. Only do a bios flash if the problem you are having is listed in the bios information as a repair for the problem you are having.

3. Never do a bios flash just because their is a new one. If your not having a problem leave the bios alone.

Example: Here is my bios on the system I'm typing from now.

BIOS
Brand American Megatrends Inc.
Version 0502
Date 11/16/2010

I'm not having any problems so I leave the 2010 bios alone.
If I do get a problem 99.9% of the time it's not caused by the bios version.

As far as I know you can't flash the bios from within Windows 7.
Your bios is installed on/in the motherboard not in Window 7 registry.

On some motherboards if a bios flash goes a muck your motherboard will become unusable. Possibly the motherboard manufacture will repair it.

Driver update programs like drivermax will most likely do nothing but cause problem. Install a bunch of PUP's and be very difficult to remove completely.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/389087-how-know-correct-version-bios-update.html
Relevancy 52.46%

A while back I bought a MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard Fine Works suits my needs The only problem was that my keyboard and Logitech USB mx cordless mouse were not recognized when I used an Acronis rescue disk I updated the bios on the board badly needed F to F and all was well USB & With Correct BIOS Even Settings Keyboard To get into the bios I had to plug in an old PS keyboard even though all the appropriate USB settings were set to allow the USB Keyboard & BIOS Even With Correct Settings keyboard to work in 'DOS' mode So the bios is updated my Acronis issues are resolved but wierdly enough I was able to get in the bios yesterday with the USB keyboard but not today All the appropriate settings are still enabled i e USB Controller Enabled USB Controller Enabled USB Keyboard Support Enabled USB Mouse Support Enabled There is no USB Legacy Support setting but according to Gigabyte the Keyboard amp Mouse Support settings cover that and then there's the fact that the keyboard works in Acronis Rescue mode I have changed some of the settings but none that should prevent the keyboard from being recognized in 'DOS' I think Any ideas It's be nice not to have to USB Keyboard & BIOS Even With Correct Settings plug in a PS board everytime I wanted to get into the bios Sorry if formatting is off copied and pasted from a usenet post that wouldn't show up Thanks for any ideas James Relevant System Specs Win U bit RTM GA-EP -UD R bios F GB Gskill Sata Drives MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard

A:USB Keyboard & BIOS Even With Correct Settings

That "USB keyboard support" is the setting you need to have enabled. If it is....you may try a new port. If that does not work you may try the latest bios. If you have the latest bios, you may try using the front panel USB or changing ports for the front panel and the keyboard in different combinations.

I just got a new P55 board and had the same issue but a flash cured it.

I would try a different port or mobo header if you have not done it already.

Good luck!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/25593-usb-keyboard-bios-even-correct-settings.html
Relevancy 52.46%

An eSATA bracket came with my GA-EP45-UD3P Gigabyte motherboard. It has a molex to SATA power, 2 eSATA ports and an eSATA to normal SATA cable so I can run internal hard drives externally. It is really nice.

My board has 2 (two) SATA controllers. The ICH10-R controls 6 ports and a Gigabyte (or JMicron chip) controller if for 2 others. I have tried this bracket connected to the Gigabyte controller in AHCI and it works fine. I also tried it in IDE mode and it works a little different. In both cases I have "safely remove hardware" option.

I have not used eSATA much until now. What is correct setting in the BIOS for eSATA? What if I only had one SATA controller like a lot of boards? What would you have the BIOS set to in that case? (IDE or AHCI)

Thanks

A:What is the correct setting in BIOS for eSATA?

I'm using sata as IDE, and having no problems - i asked seagate about enabling AHCI and there reply was it is unnecessary, as its built into the sata hard drives now, and not necessary. I also have the intel ich9 sata controller plus the j-micron, so I turn the j-micron off in the bios and use just use the intel controller.
Just added a couple of hours later:
I have one external esata hard drive -160gb seagate hard drive - forgot to mention although I implied, as such, but personally i like to see things myself before believing. Two internal a 250gb and 500gb seagate

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/23898-what-correct-setting-bios-esata.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I am having severe overheating issues on my Pavilion dv4-260 and have read that updating the bios might help. I have version F0.b but some sources have indicated another version.  The HP website says nothing when I check for updates.  Can anyone tell me what the current bios should be?

A:correct bios for Pavilion dv4-2160us

Latest version posted for your model is F.0F -under Windows 7 driver list. http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-dv4-2100-entertainment-notebook-pc-serie... I doubt that a BIOS update would solve overheating issues. An older desktop here suffers from overheating in Windows 10 and I believe it is due to no AMD graphics driver for Win 10. The graphics card is older & no support for Win 10 from AMD. Using the basic Microsoft driver. Probably will be rolling this machine back to Windows 7.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/correct-bios-for-Pavilion-dv4-2160us/td-p/5617825
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi Im currently running on P02.A2 bios trying to upgrade to P03.A3 for USB 3.0 support DX4860-UB33P. Every time I try to Upgrade the bios itt says rom size is not same as current bios and exits program... The cureent size of my bios 2097 kb the rom file from gateway support is 2.5 MB idk what to do cant find correct file anywhere

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:dx4860-ub33p need correct p03.a3 bios rom says its...

mp3master69,

The reason there are other BIOS versions offered is for newer models of that series that required different BIOS versions. What you are currently using is the latest and most current BIOS we have for your unit.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Gateway-eMachines-and-Packard/dx4860-ub33p-need-correct-p03-a3-bios-rom-says-its-not-the-right/td-p/352614/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi

On my P5E MB there are two places where the Vcore voltages are displayed in the BIOS.

One is in the O/C tweaking section where you actually input the voltage during over clocking and the second is in the Power section of the BIOS but this is just a display and you cannot change anything here.

Now to my question. There are two different values displayed. Which one is the correct Core voltage, the one in the Tweak section or the one in the Power section? Right now I have 1.62150 Volts in the Tweak section but only 1.552 in the Power section. If the Power section is the true value then I have a lot more room to play.

Thanks
Robert

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-are-correct-vcore-readins-in-p5e-bios.674260/
Relevancy 52.03%

The computer starts up and I see " Boot From CD _ " but nothing happens and it just restarts itself.

There is only one CD Drive so I know it's not conflicting with anything else....

I'm trying to do a fresh install of XP.

It has an MSI KM4AM mobo

A:Conputer won't boot from CD...the BIOS order is correct

if you see "boot from cd_" then there's nothing wrong with the bios setting. could be a bad cd/dvd drive if it restarts itself. normally it'll say "non bootable disk" if it's a bad disk.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/conputer-wont-boot-from-cd-the-bios-order-is-correct-447602.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I have just got a new fast AMD motherboard and the PCI-E graphics card is just not being recognized by the motherboard. The primary device is PEG and it is not detected. The built-in GPU works.

A:Graphics Card Not Working when BIOS correct

May seem like a silly question, but did you connect the power to the card, and make sure it was seated correctly?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/66242-graphics-card-not-working-when-bios-correct.html
Relevancy 52.03%

So my computer has been screwed up for quite some time now and I thought I might remedy the situation by doing a repair install of keyboard issue bios correct to Trying to flash windows XP I managed to get my hands on a slipstreamed SP CD today and let windows do its thing However when the time came to Trying to flash bios to correct keyboard issue enter in my XP key I could not use my keyboard which is the same problem i had before i repaired windows Back when I first had this problem I Trying to flash bios to correct keyboard issue read online that I might need to flash the bios to correct it The fact that I still have the problem after repairing windows seems to point to this as well I ve been trying to flash the bios A V deluxe mobo with afudos and i get the message quot ROM file ROMID is not compatible with existing BIOS ROMID quot I ve used both the newest and oldest ROMs available from asus to no avail I can t use the asus auto updater because my windows install still needs the XP key to finish My computer is basically stuck until I can resolve this keyboard issue nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

PLEASE CAN YOU SUPPLY CORRECT BIOS BEEP CODES FOR P6 2260EA

A:PLEASE CAN YOU SUPPLY CORRECT BIOS BEEP CODES FOR P6 2260EA

Which BIOS does your desktop PC have?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/PLEASE-CAN-YOU-SUPPLY-CORRECT-BIOS-BEEP-CODES-FOR-P6-2260EA/td-p/5783560
Relevancy 51.17%

System had WIndows upgraded to Win and then wiped and reloaded with a fresh Win install To try and fix the plugged in and not charging issue I installed the F Rev A firmware dated July nbsp nbsp System an work restore to BIOS the doesn't How upgrade when correct won't boot to WIndows says no OS installed nbsp When I switch to legacy mode I can boot slowly and run Windows nbsp I tried How to restore the correct BIOS when an upgrade doesn't work all the previous versions on the website but they all say they aren't compatible nbsp The ALT-B fix doesn't work to roll back the firmware nbsp I even did a full system restore of an Acronis True Image backup from pre- upgrade and it doesn't make a difference nbsp System didn't have the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI nbsp so I installed the version from the website but it can't find a version to roll back to and none of the versions on support seem compatible nbsp Can someone tell me where to get to correct firmware to load to fix this problem

A:How to restore the correct BIOS when an upgrade doesn't work

System info is: Product# E3508UA#ABLModel: 15-j078caRev: 1963-100

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/How-to-restore-the-correct-BIOS-when-an-upgrade-doesn-t-work/td-p/5847769
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi All,
I have installed 5520 BIOS on Inspiron 15R 5521 machine by mistake.  However, Its works but few functionality are disabled.  Please let me know how to correct this issue

A:5520 BIOS installed on 15R-5521 machine. How to correct it ?

Hi Kartkart, 
Please use the link below to update the A14 version BIOS for Dell Inspiron 5521.
http://www.dell.com/support/home/in/en/inbsdt1/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=9TV83
During the process of upgrading to the correct BIOS if any issue arises on the system. You will have to replace the system board on the computer by contacting the expired warranty repairs team of your region for charged repairs as Dell would not be responsible for the issues.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19992856
Relevancy 51.17%

I want to upgrade my bios for my H-Alvorix-RS880-uATX motherboard but the bios listed on the download page are: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-p6800-Desktop-PC-series/5080733/model/51...  H-RS880-UATX MotherboardAndN-Alvorix-RS880 MotherboardBut my board says on it that its a.H-Alvorix-rs880-uatx. Which one am I supposed to pick?

A:What is the correct bios download for a H-Alvorix-RS880-uATX...

Hi, The specifications for the HP p6802 indicate that this model has the N-Alvorix-RS880-uATX (Alvorix) motherboard. HP did recall and replace the Alvorix mother in some PCs so it's very possible that the posted documentation doesn't reflect those actions. Post the motherboard part number. Do a Google on the "part number".

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/What-is-the-correct-bios-download-for-a-H-Alvorix-RS880-uATX/td-p/5154361
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi For several years I have a Vostro It has always been reliable However in recent months I have if 430 only connected USB device correct Vostro NO (any is and USB starts BIOS) a Vostro 430 starts only if NO USB is connected (any USB device and correct BIOS) problem Vostro 430 starts only if NO USB is connected (any USB device and correct BIOS) at startup just worse I specify now I ve done every test that came to mind and I found on the forums So for some time I had to unplug all USB on my frontage so that the PC starts Those behind were still connected It was never start the first time but after three or four presses of the button Failure to find a solution I accepted the situation But this time I must remove all usb without exception Even the mouse receiver completely prevented from starting However if there is anything it starts from the first press of the button For now I brought all my connectors on a usb hub that I disconnected before starting Some details on the non-starting Press button gives no sign of life No noise nothing on the screen etc So as if the push boutton was broken but this is not the case But if I plug my usb hub and pushes the button the LEDs s on the hub illuminate and stay on LEDs are off initially if I disconnected and reconnected power What it is not The bios The boot is only on a DD Nothing points to the USB A defective device The problem occurs as soon as there is one any peripheral that is plugged into any USB input I do not remember having updated the bios At least not recently I make a hypothesis can be absurd but I did not see anything on the internet about this As the problem worsens with time I wonder if this might not be the CR battery that should change this is the original one Maybe one usb drops the voltage needed by the EEPROM to launch startup The battery would be solicited for a few milliseconds before the power supply takes over Finally I make the long test Dell Passed all except a secondary hard drive it will take me one day change I have nothing on it so nothing urgent I also bought a new battery I expect in a few days Thank you for your help

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19989719
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a windows 10 tablet and the clock is constantly losing time by significant amounts. Just a few minutes after starting the clock slows by as much as 10min and eventually gets to several hours slow.

Yes, the time and timezone are set correctly in settings.

Yes, it is set up to sync with time.nist.gov

The really puzzling thing is that the bios/uefi clock is correct and stays correct. So in my limited knowledge it seems the problem must be with windows.

Any ideas how to fix this?

A:Clock constantly loses time, correct in bios

Boot to Safe Mode and see if it still happens. If not then something is starting at boot and continuing to run that is causing the problem. Use Clean Boot to isolate the cause of the problem.

How to Troubleshoot a Problem by Performing a Clean Boot in Windows 8 and 8.1

Also

Perform a clean startup to determine whether background programs are interfering with your game or program

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/37114-clock-constantly-loses-time-correct-bios.html
Relevancy 50.74%

My hard drive died and it needed replacement. Did so. Had originally been Windows8 but upgraded to Windows 10. Unable to re boot with reinstall disks. Need BIOS boot specs, screen info to use disks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/BIOS-info-for-correct-boot-of-windows-from-disk-for-new-hard/td-p/5702830
Relevancy 50.74%

My company is using a Dell Optiplex 7010 on one of our products. I would like to have the ability that when/if power is lost or restored the PC will power up without pushing the power button. I have gone into BIOS and selected the "Setting" Restore Last Power State but I stll have to push the power button. The BIOS version is A16.

Thanks in Advance

Ripcord2

A:Correct power up settings in BIOS for a Dell Optiplex 7010

This is stated in the system setup options in the owner's manual for the Dell OptiPlex 7010.

(Page 43 of the mini tower model)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/correct-power-up-settings-in-bios-for-a-dell-optiplex-7010.1135830/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi, I create this topic as it seems I need to update my bios (Y700 15isk). I have the same issues described in this topic:https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y50-70-Windows-regularly-freezes-when-1TB-SSHD-... Nothing new on this topic :https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/BIOS-UPDATE-FOR-LENOVO-Y700-Touch-15ISK-Laptop-... I have :- micro freeze while "windowsing" and gaming, HDD is spinning up and be heard- my Storage driver is up to date- version bios is actually CDCN27WW I find it hard to accept that my computer freezes around every 2 min and can not gaming with it. Hope the bios will fix it and I wonder how (is it even related to the HDD ?) When bios for Y700-15ISK will be avaible ? Ben

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/BIOS-UPDATE-FOR-LENOVO-Y700-TO-CORRECT-MICRO-FREEZE/td-p/3375158
Relevancy 46.01%

Good morning, for my HP Pavilion HPE H9-1130, how do I install the correct firewire card into the correct motherboard slot in Windows 10  x64 operating system / 64x processor? And what video software system can I download to recognize my Panasonic AX 100A Camera? 

A:install correct firewire card into the correct motherboard s...

Hi, 1. Your machine has few PCIe slots whiach are suitable for a PCIe-Firewire card:  Expansion Slots:1 PCI Express x16 (Generation 2 speed)3 PCI Express x1 (Generation 2 speed)1 PCI Express mini card x1 (Generation 2 speed) Source: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c03272947 You can use any standard PCIe - Firewire card. There are many around, fro 1 port, 2 ports and more such as:      https://www.startech.com/au/Cards-Adapters/FireWire/2-Port-1394a-PCI-Express-FireWire-Card~PEX1394A2... 2. Please use software on the CD which comes with the camera. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/install-correct-firewire-card-into-the-correct-motherboard/td-p/5809287
Relevancy 46.01%

I wanted to add Logoff Shutdown amp Restart to XP context menu for a friend Followed directions from http www intowindows com add-turn-off-restart-log-off-options-to-my-computer-context-menu I didn t realize I would need to rightclick MyComputer for the options I overdosed on stupid pills amp now I need your help again I not only deleted the keep I just created I deleted the one showing MyComputer icon because now the icon is labeled Folder and appears as an old windows icon I put the following text in notepad amp saved as computer REG Windows Registry Editor Version Add log off option to My Computer Computer context menu HKEY CLASSES Computer My for registry correct icon Correct to show ROOT CLSID D FE - AEA- -A D - B D Correct registry to show correct icon for My Computer shell Log Off command quot shutdown -l -f -t amp Add log off option to My Computer Correct registry to show correct icon for My Computer Computer context menu HKEY CLASSES ROOT CLSID D FE - AEA- -A D - B D shell Restart command quot shutdown -r -f -t amp Add log off option to My Computer Computer context menu HKEY CLASSES ROOT CLSID D FE - AEA- -A D - B D shell Turn Off computer command quot shutdown -s -f -t amp Part Would saving this as explorer REG add Logon Shutdown amp Restart options to context menu as I intended to do Windows Registry Editor Version Add log off option to explorer exe context menu HKEY CLASSES ROOT CLSID D FE - AEA- -A D - B D shell Log Off command quot shutdown -l -f -t amp Add log off option to explorer exe context menu HKEY CLASSES ROOT CLSID D FE - AEA- -A D - B D shell Restart command quot shutdown -r -f -t amp Add log off option to explorer exe context menu HKEY CLASSES ROOT CLSID D FE - AEA- -A D - B D shell Turn Off computer command quot shutdown -s -f -t amp nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi there This is just a quick question really I have a client at work who has a HP laptop He had some fan after speed update HP BIOS driver problems and sent it to HP They then flashed the BIOS but ever since then he said the fan has been really noisy As i write this i have forgotten the model NO but i know its a laptop When HP fan speed after BIOS update i read the BIOS update description it said something about the BIOS will put the fan into a low volume state when the laptop is in use but its like that isn t working Does anyone know anything It seems to be plastered all over the web and some have cured it with Speed fan etc but they don t seem to work on his PC We have looked at cleaning and also adjusting the speed in the BIODS but he says there is no option and unfortunately i can see the BIOS He said ti was called F if anyone knows Any help would be great as we seemed to have tried a lot and other have said about the same thing so if you could suggest anything it would be brilliant nbsp

A:HP fan speed after BIOS update

'Does anyone know anything?.'

Not a lot, really.

BUT, most Bios settings that affect temps/fan speeds are obvious and can be targetted as either AMD or Intel processor management related to heat and cpu activity accompanied with motherboard manufacturer fan control options.

Get the manual - read it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-fan-speed-after-bios-update.114800/
Relevancy 45.58%

My P50 was silent, but since I updated the BIOS to 1.29 (to get RAID capability), the fan seems to spin from time to time. I notice the noise as it sounds like a jet engine, each time running about 5-10 minutes before going silent again.

Spec: i7-6700HQ CPU, 64GB RAM, FHD screen, NVIDIA Quadro M1000M. Upgraded the OS from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, and the standard 500GB HDD to 500GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD. Latest change between the fan noise is just the BIOS upgrade. Weird.

W510, S110, W530, E330, E440, Q190, another E440, another Q190, Yoga2, P50, W520... and selling out all Q190s

A:P50 Fan High Speed BIOS v1.29

I can confirm that - it was a more quiet on the 1.28 BIOS. The fan starts to kick in at around ~30% of CPU usage after ~5 seconds.  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P50-Fan-High-Speed-BIOS-v1-29/td-p/3384837
Relevancy 45.58%

Ive been looking around for ways to change fan speed. I keep seeing people saying check your fan speed in bios, make faster in bios, open bios.. HOW DO I DO THAT? It makes no sense, can someone tell me in laments terms?

A:How do i change fan speed in bios

It's highly possible that your specific BIOS does not contain the tools to do so.

An alternative is to install a Windows program like SpeedFan:

http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-do-i-change-fan-speed-in-bios-265778.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi I just bought a new pc and asked for Corsair 16GB pc3 1200 1600MHz 4x4 GB DDR3 to be installed but when I checked the bios it lists
Memory frequency 1337.68MHz
Total Memory size 16384 MB
should the frequency not be 1600MHz ?

A:Memory speed in the bios

Quote: Originally Posted by baccini

Hi I just bought a new pc and asked for Corsair 16GB pc3 1200 1600MHz 4x4 GB DDR3 to be installed but when I checked the bios it lists
Memory frequency 1337.68MHz
Total Memory size 16384 MB
should the frequency not be 1600MHz ?

On a lot of PCs the RAM frequency is set to DDR3-1333 by default. To get something different, you may need to set the BIOS to use the XMP (extreme media profile) settings, or manually set the RAM frequency and timings.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/225126-memory-speed-bios.html
Relevancy 45.58%

i'm having a bit of a problem i know my CPU speed is a lot faster then what is currently clocked at and as my system recently crashed i got my operating system reinstalled and have just recently noticed this problem i realise that i need to go into bios to adjust the FSBUS speed but that is my problem i restart my computer and it will not let me access the bios at all any help would be greatly appreciated

i'm running an AMD Athlon XP +2600.....it's running at 1.15Ghz which is rediculously slow, i have an Asus A7V8X-X motherboard any other specs needed just ask thanks again

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi guys

I have problem on my ram (actualy its my nephew's PC)

when I entered BIOS set-up, what is detected their is 2 X
256mb (DDR333) ram, where infact the actual RAM is DDR400.

is this a bios version problem? is their a need upgarde the bios version?

by the way the RAM brand is GEIL DDR400 256mb (x2).

thanks for the help and time

A:Bios detect incorrect RAM speed

did you upgrade the ram? it may be you board doesn't support it. or if one of them is a 333 and the other is 400 for dual channel operation, it will under clock the faster one. do both sticks physically say DDR400 or is there a stick in the machine running at 333?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-detect-incorrect-ram-speed.85175/
Relevancy 45.15%

hi all now this is gonna sound really reatrded but i was in my Bios the other day when i changed the clock speed on my proccessor from 233 to 400mhz y im not sure but know my comp won;t even start up into the bios screen what if anything can i do

Relevancy 45.15%

My old CPU was 2.40GHz and I replaced it with a 2.53GHz. System information and BIOS still show it as 2.40GHz. One thread said go into BIOS and change the CPU setting but I can't do that in my BIOS, it just states what the CPU is and the speed, it doesn't give the option to change anything. Is there anything I can do, or is this enough information? I have XP SP2 and an ASUS P4G800-V motherboard. Will clearing the RTC RAM do anything for me? I'm looking at the manual for my board and it mentions that. I know just enough about computers to mess things up really bad, that's why I'm here asking for help first.

Relevancy 45.15%

Hello,
Firstly I should state that I've never overclocked before and know almost nothing about it.
I'd being having problems with my PC so I decided to update my Bios to the latest version (I'm using an MSI motherboard if thats important??). This seemed to work fine, It didn't solve my initial problem but thats solved now. I've noticed though that my AMD XP processor is now running at 1250mhz when it should be running at 2000mhz. I have no idea how to fix this and would greatly appreciate any help/advice anyone can offer.

Thanks in advance.
Rick.

A:Flashed Bios now cpu is at wrong speed, Please help

Well I'm not familar with the XP BIOS settings, but you should have two things, an FSB clock setting, usually 200MHz and a CPU multiplier setting, usually X9 to X11. So that 200X10=2000MHz.
But it seems to me that you might have installed the wrong BIOS, very odd that default settings for your mobo would have changed to that degree.
Did you try setting BIOS to fail safe defaults?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/flashed-bios-now-cpu-is-at-wrong-speed-please-help.36803/
Relevancy 45.15%

While playing heavy graphic games,cpu temp reaches above 100c ,but still fan is running at 70% speed.but factory Bios F.0.0 gives 100% fan speed ,maintaining cpu temp below 85c.Since factory BIOS has deleted I can't rollback.Please help me before my laptop get into fire.I still have 3 months warranty.

A:BIOS F.82 not allowing fan to reach 100% speed.

@abhishekkm

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/BIOS-F-82-not-allowing-fan-to-reach-100-speed/td-p/5817983
Relevancy 45.15%

Have an Elite MoBo K7S5A and the BIOS settings in CPU Pnp CPU speed show 2 settings i.e. 100Mhz/100Mhz, which can be changed to 100Mhz/133Mhz or 133Mhz/133Mhz.
I have an Athlon XP2000 cpu.with 512k SDRAM (2x256)
Q1. What does each setting relate to; Mem speed FSB speed Proc speed?
Q2. I have set the speed to 100/100 (the default form best perf)and it works fine but when I look in my sys Info it says my proc is 1.2 Mhz, when I set the speed to 133/133 it shows my proc as correctly as an XP2k cpu running at 1.6Mhz. But it hangs. What should it be set to.
Q3. The manual says that the MoBo is 200 or 266 FSB does this mean I can only use multiples. I ask as I am just putting together another machine with the same MoBo.

Relevancy 45.15%

Hello All:

Have just put together a new system:

1) iDeq case (210V)
a) Bios ID: KM400A-8237-GAGLY09C-0
b) Build Date: 10/20/2004
c) Flash Type: AMIC A2040 /5V
2) AMD Athlon 2400+
3) Windows XP Pro With SP #2
4) More Info If needed

Everything works fine except: the BIOS is reading the Processor as an 1800+ instead of the 2400+ that is installed.

Have looked on the internet and read the Users Manual, but am unsure what the latest BIOS ver. is, and where to get it.

Does any know what to do about this?

Please Help

Thanks
thoyler

Relevancy 45.15%

I am not able to change my AGP bus speed from 8x to 4x in Windows Vista. So I want to do it in my BIOS but in there it is faded out and I can't select the option (AGP MODE) to change it. It is on AUTO now. What can I do? Thanks

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi all I seem to Speed Changing Somthing in CPU BIOS be having a problem with either my CPU or my Motherboard or my BIOS or somthing Somthing on my computer keeps changing the cpu speed in the bios at seemingly random times to mhz speed when it should be ghz I originaly thought it was Ntune because that has the ability to change bios settings without having to restart but after i removed it and the problem persisted i thought maybe the processor or motherboard or BIOS is damaged Every time the cpu gets set to mhz i start experiencing extreme lag and eventualy the computer locks up completley with the sound looping if anythings playing SOmetimes but rarely it will give me the Blue screen but then close before i can read it Every time this happends i go into the BIOS and it says the CPU is operating at mhz and the CPU multiplyer is x I have a intel quad core proc ultra vid i nforce MB and gigs of dual channel sli RAM and use windows XP if that matters I put a clean image on and everything no dumb programs running and it also crashes before win XP even has the oportunity to even think about loading up sometimes as fast as just after processor is recognized to before and after memory is counted to after harddrive is recognized etc and ofcourse all those random moments when im playing games watching movies or just using it to surf the net i doubt its some kind of driver issue unless it has to do with the bios or motherboard the i BIOS frequency options works like this theres columns and one column is the speed setting you want it to be and the next is the speed setting it actualy is I have it set on the proper option which is auto or w e so it sets it at factory defaults or recomended settings for my hardware types i dont do anything manualy i let the bios do it how it likes Now sometimes it shows column one being nice and fine showing ghz and a x cpu multiplyer and then it shows the speed it actualy is at mhz and x multiplyer Other times it shows both columns at mhz and xmultiplyer Somthing Changing CPU Speed in BIOS I dont know wtf is wrong with this but its getting quite annoying if anyone has any information on what could be wrong please tell me thanks if u need any more info because im sure i missed alot Somthing Changing CPU Speed in BIOS of stuff to tell you please just ask nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/somthing-changing-cpu-speed-in-bios.630740/
Relevancy 45.15%

So I got this new computer right, and the processor's supposed to be an AMD Athlon XP2600+ CPU. The motherboard's got DDR333 slots, and I'm told the RAM I have is DDR400.

When I start up the computer, it says AMD 1150 Mhz, and that the memory frequency is DDR200. Surely thats not right, so is there somewhere in BIOS I can go to fix this problem?

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Relevancy 45.15%

two weeks ago i dug out my old compaq v4000 dead laptop out of the closet when a dell laptop from my shop fell off a table and broke . the compaq died a couple years ago and a computer repair shop said the processor was shot so anyway the dell laptop had a pentium m 1.73ghz 479 533 mhz processor and the compaq had a celeron m 1.3ghz 479 400 mhz so i took both apart and put pentium m in compaq hit the power button turned on got into windows works good . well when i checked the bios it shows 1.3 ghz instead of 1.73 ghz checked manual it should support 2.0 ghz 533 mhz i did a bios update still shows the same. the ram is 1 gb pc2700 ddr 333mhz could this be the reason.i would switch memory with the dell but its 2 gb ddr2 5300 or somthing like that i just know it would not hope someone can help me out

A:bios not detecting new processor speed

Your full speed isn't showing up because you are using PC2700, but you need PC4300.
PC4300 runs at max 533MHZ, while PC2700 runs at max 333MHZ.
http://www.buy.com/prod/kingston-va...e-256mb-533mhz-ddr533/q/loc/101/10399830.html

---
You wouldn't be able to use the DDR2 ram, as it isn't compatible with DDR slots.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-not-detecting-new-processor-speed.945706/
Relevancy 45.15%

I just got this laptop on Feb. 2016, the HP support assistant specs showed 4 GB RAM at 800 Mhz, after the BIOS update is now showing 4 GB RAM at 1600 Mhz.  The manual says the max speed is 1333 Mhz.  Can someone explain this? I want to upgrade the RAM and need to know if the OEM RAM is salvageable?

A:Confusing RAM speed after BIOS update

Hi, It runs dual channels therefore 800MHz and 1600MHz mean the same thing (800MHz dual or double = 1600MHz). But due to slower chipset, it automatically downgrade from 1600MHz to 1333MHz. (similar to driving a fast car on a speed limited road). Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Confusing-RAM-speed-after-BIOS-update/td-p/5532874
Relevancy 45.15%

At turn on the fan goes full speed. There is nothing on the monitor and just stays that way. I have reseated the ram, the processor/heat sink and removed /replaced video/sound cards. Still nothing. Any suggestions? PC is a dell poweredge 420sc with 2gb ram, intel 3.2 pentium win xp.

Relevancy 44.72%

I've just bought new sdram, 256.
my ram is 256+128+64 in the bios, i can change it from :
sdram 10ns, sdram 8ns, normal, fast, turbo. :suspiciou
What does these options do?? DO THEY EVEN AFFECT THE RAMS' SPEED? :suspiciou
Is it even knowticeable? ive played around, and nothing really happend. What is the shadowing options?? any optium options for my P3 850Mhz, 32mb tnt2, 451mb ramed, comp??

my dial up is 31.2kbs
why isnt it 56kb? thats what i sposly bought.. :haha:

A:BIOS RAM speed setting, maximizing efficency..

Yasmeen said:

I've just bought new sdram, 256.
my ram is 256+128+64 in the bios, i can change it from :
sdram 10ns, sdram 8ns, normal, fast, turbo.
What does these options do?? DO THEY EVEN AFFECT THE RAMS' SPEED?Click to expand...

can under or overclock the speed of the memory stick ,but not much here,to,see real change need to change the mhz make sure all ram is 133mhz if motherboard can handle it.if one stick is slower they will all clock to that one

Is it even noticeable?Click to expand...

not just that change ,good for a real memory draining app.

What is the shadowing options??Click to expand...

shadow video ROM,if running nt this should be disabled OS will run better

my dial up is 31.2kbs
why isnt it 56kb?Click to expand...

you will never see 56kbs through put,I don't know where you got those speeds from ??settings or actual internet clocked speeds??
if this is a setting could be your isp has you set here
can be changed ,may increase connection speeds

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-ram-speed-setting-maximizing-efficency.43777/
Relevancy 44.72%

I am building a new machine and I would like someone that has already built a KV7-V system to tell me if the soft menu setup in the AwardBios automatically IDs the CPU and sets up the proper operating speed.
(FSB 400MHZ)
If not can you walk me through the procedure. My CPU is a AMD Athlon 2900+
with 512MB PC3200 DDR 400 MHZ RAM.

Thanks
Slapin

A:KV7-V MOBO-CPU Operating Speed Setup in the Bios

let it take care of itself, it should find the speed alright

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/kv7-v-mobo-cpu-operating-speed-setup-in-the-bios.26604/
Relevancy 44.72%

I installed a gig of pc3200 kingston ram into a dimension 4600. The system is suppose to support 400mhz, but it is showing speed of 333mhz in bios. I removed the old ram, and I'm sure the 2 sticks are what they are suppose to be. Any way to make it run at 400mhz? Thanks in advance.

A:pc3200 ram showing speed of 333mhz in bios

Have a look in the BIOS, make sure your CPU's FSB & your Ram speed is set to 200mhz. It might have been reset to a failsafe value when it detected the Ram change.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc3200-ram-showing-speed-of-333mhz-in-bios.24044/
Relevancy 44.72%

I scanned my system on the Dell site and it was recommended that I do a bios update I flashed the bios as per the directions on the site or Bios nearly runs full speed Fan update since rather let the site do it since I am not really computer savvy and the laptop runs much better Fan runs nearly full speed since Bios update than before except that the fan runs Fan runs nearly full speed since Bios update at nearly high speed most of the time I read somewhere on the net that settings get changed when you upgrade a bios and you need to go into the bios I think that s what it was at start-up and reconfigure that but I m not sure exactly what had to be done or how to do it and unfortunately I didn t bookmark the site and can t find it now Any suggestions on how to do this I don t think there is Fan runs nearly full speed since Bios update anything wrong with my fan because this problem only started after I flashed the bios Also I didn t realize that when I flashed the bios that my anti-virus program Avast was running Does this make a difference or would windows just suspend that while the bios was being flashed I m running Win Thanks for any info nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

Hey, guys!
Not sure, if this is right section.. But when ever I turn on my pc I get messige saying that I need bios update in order to use CPU at full speed. Problem is that I already have the newest version of BIOS that there is for my motherboard.
So I wanted to ask - is there a way to still use my cpu full speed without update (bypassing that error messige or what ever is it supposed to be; manualy add driver for cpu or what ever is needed to run it at full speed; or something else).

I bought new CPU cause my old one was slow. But now because of BIOS runing it on safe mode - my new cpu feels even slower..

A:BIOS Update required to run CPU at full speed?..

Can you list you mother board & processor?
I'm going gt take an educated guess & say your motherboard does not fully support your CPU.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/355692-bios-update-required-run-cpu-full-speed.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have recently upgraded the ram on my HP ProDesk G i - S computer from x GB to x GB using GSkill Sniper nbsp memory sticks part number nbsp F - C D- Ram Speed Bios Setting Wrong Upgrade After GSR The new nbsp memory nbsp sticks nbsp were nbsp tested on nbsp another computer and known to be working OK nbsp My HP ProDesk recognises the correct amount of ram nbsp and boots successfully However after nbsp running nbsp cpu-z to check the ram Bios Setting Wrong Ram Speed After Upgrade settings it appears the bios has underclocked the ram from mhz to mhz The original x gb of HP ram were running correctly at mhz I have checked the bios setting and confirmed it is now set at mhz There are no bios settings that nbsp I can find that allow me to manually nbsp adjust the nbsp memory setting nbsp I have checked the HP manual which states memory must be nbsp - industry-standard -pin nbsp - unbuffered non-ECC PC - DDR - MHz-compliant nbsp - volt or volt DDR DDR L-SDRAM DIMMs nbsp - support CAS latency DDR MHz - - timing nbsp - nbsp contain the mandatory JEDEC SPD information nbsp From what I can nbsp tell the GSkill Sniper memory sticks meet these requirements nbsp On checking the nbsp Newegg website I found the following statement listed under the specifications for this memory - to reach rated memory speed enabling Intel XMP profile or manual BIOS tuning is required nbsp Is there an issue with my HP computer nbsp reading the ram settings If so is there something else nbsp in the ram specifications that I should be looking for when selecting new ram for my computer

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Bios-Setting-Wrong-Ram-Speed-After-Upgrade/td-p/5599213
Relevancy 44.29%

i rebooted my pc and got this message: "the system was not correctly shut down and now working in safe mode speed" (asus / nforce setup)
i can only get in to windows by disabling 'halt on errors' in the bios;
the cpu is now running at about half its normal core speed - if i try changing any bios settings it hangs on warm boot - i have to manually kill the power.
weird part is i didnt change anything before this happened. Any ideas?

A:Solved: bios message: 'cpu in safe mode speed'

In BIOS has what you have tried included setting BIOS to default?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-bios-message-cpu-in-safe-mode-speed.501955/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a Dell Optiplex GX and I have had some freezing issues and it has wanted to reboot on it s own for no reason frequently I thought it was some malware that I couldn t detect so I was in the process of backing up my system when the really bad problem came up Now when I try to reboot the computer the cpu fan runs faster than I have ever heard it It sounds like it will literally fly apart it is running so fast I can get no screen whatsoever and it will not boot not even in bios I have read several posts about boot problems but I haven t seen anything about the cpu fan running so fast When I try to boot the computer the light even in boot speed no BIOS, CPU screen won't computer running and fan top comes on it the front and of course the cpu fan comes on but no monitor signal and no boot at all I have no control to try and help it It has the fan shroud like the Dell s are popular about having but I have removed it with no luck and put it back on Once the fan came on normally and it booted up but I ran Tune Up Utilities to check the system and it crashed while running the scan I haven t been able to boot it in any way again When I push CPU fan running top speed and computer won't boot even in BIOS, no screen the button to start it all I get is the cpu fan running full force and I mean like nothing I have heard before I can let it set for a while and it makes no difference I am running a sata gig hard drive and sticks of gig each ddr ram I recently had trouble with a video card that I had used for as long as I ve had the computer and removed it but now my problems are worse My power supply is only a watt that came with the computer I have tried removing and changing the ram memory but no effect If anyone can help me please do because I have a problem that keeps me home bound and the internet such as e-bay etc is my only income and I don t even have a backup I am using a friends computer to post this nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-fan-running-top-speed-and-computer-wont-boot-even-in-bios-no-screen.156734/
Relevancy 44.29%

So lately i've had a few problems with my laptop fans where as soon as I start up the computer one of them just runs at full speed. Even tho the Laptop it self is not doing any heavy work, nor is hot at all. In task manager the computer doesn't show any tasks taking up high CPU usage, while HWiNFO tells me one of my two fans are running at full speed. Any idea what I could do to fix this issue?If you're missing some info just tell me and i'll hook you right up

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-fan-running-full-speed-as-soon-as-bios-starts-up-no/td-p/5846161
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a Dell Inspiron 13 - P57G.
One of the most important features of the offered by Intel Skylake mobile CPUs series is Speed Shift, which improves CPU battery and speed performance. However, this featured came disabled on this model current latest BIOS (version 1.08). And there is no setting that allows to enable it. Other laptop manufacturers have this feature enabled in their current line of laptops. Dell support, please provide a BIOS that has this feature enabled or switchable.

Thank you.

A:Please enable Intel Skylake Speed Shift in BIOS

Hello!  So i looked up Inspiron 13 P57G and it states its an Inspiron 7347 which came with 4th Gen Intel 4xxx series i3 and i5 processors, not skylake which is 6th gen 6xxx series.  Is there a model number on the bottom of your laptop?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19987123
Relevancy 44.29%

Why is the XPS 9550 POST speed so slow. The amount of time it takes from when you press the power button to when it starts Windows is about 5-7 seconds. This slows the startup time of the laptop significantly! With an SSD a cheaper Acer computer beats this computer to POST by about 3-5 seconds. It takes the Acer about 2 seconds to start booting Windows. I am on the latest BIOS/UEFI as of 24/04/2016 which is 01.02.00. I suspect this could be something to do with fast booting! Please fix this as it would be amazing to have a faster booting computer!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19682967
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi,We just purchased a Vostro 230 Mini-Tower. The CPU and memory specs as ordered are:317-9864    Core 2 Duo E8400/3.0GHz,6M,1333FSB,Vostro317-9872    3GB, Non-ECC,1333MHz DDR3,1GB+2GB,VostroBut when I go into the BIOS, the memory speed on the System Information page is reported as 1066MHz, not 1333MHz as expected.I pulled the memory and looked at the label. Unfortunately it's Kingston memory. Kingston, for some strange reason, does not print the memory speed on the label. Size, yes. Speed, no.Does anyone know why the speed isn't being reported correctly in the BIOS, and how to verify whether it's a BIOS error or we just didn't get what we paid for? I'm looking into CPU-Z and Memtest86. Thanks in advance....

A:Vostro 230 Memory speed not reported correctly in BIOS?

BX80570E8400 (SLAPL, SLB9J)BXC80570E8400 (SLAPL, SLB9J)BX80570E8400A (SLAPL)
Bus frequency is 333 MHz.
Because the processor uses Quad Data Rate bus the effective bus speed is 1333 MHz
CPU-Z rarely gives the correct answer now.
Enhanced Intel SpeedStep technology EIST and C1E allows the system to dynamically adjust processor voltage
and core frequency CPU-Z does not handle this well if at all and gives bad numbers.

cpu z wrong core speed
cpu z dram frequency
cpu z memory frequency
cpu z wrong multiplier

Intel® Processor Identification Utility — Intel® Processor ...

Detailed Description

This version of the Intel® Processor Identification Utility will
properly identify Intel® Core™ i7 Extreme, Intel® Core™ i7, Intel® Core™
i5, Intel® Core™ i3, Intel® Core™ i7 Mobile Processor Extreme Edition,
Intel® Core™ i7 Mobile Processor, Intel® Core™ i5 Mobile Processor,
Intel® Core™ i3 Mobile Processor, Intel® Core™2 Quad Mobile Processor,
Core™2 Quad, Intel® Core™2 Duo, Intel® Core™2 Duo Mobile, Intel® Core™2
Extreme, Intel® Core™ Duo, Intel® Core™ Solo, Intel® Atom™, Pentium®
Dual-Core, Pentium® Dual-Core mobile, Pentium® D, Pentium® Processor
Extreme Edition, Pentium® 4 Processor Extreme Edition, Pentium® 4,
Pentium® M, Celeron® Dual-Core, Celeron® D, Celeron® M, Celeron®, Mobile
Pentium® 4, Mobile Celeron®, Multi-Core Intel® Xeon®, Dual-Core Intel®
Xeon® and Intel Xeon® processors. Older Intel processors can be
identified with the Intel Processor Frequency ID Utility.

Download

File name decoder: (pidxxx##.msi) pid = processor identificationxxx = country code or localized language## = file version.msi = file extension that indicates a Windows* installer (executable)(example: pidchs25.msi = Processor Identification, Chinese-Simplifed, version 25, for Windows*)  xxx = country/language codeschs: Chinese-Simplifed cht: Chinese-Traditionalenu: Englishfra: Frenchdeu: Germanita: Italianjpn: Japanesekor: Koreanptb: Portugueserus: Russianesn: Spanish

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19357725
Relevancy 43.86%

on start up page after downloading windows 10 from 8 the computer says my password is incorrect, but I know it is what can I do?

A:have correct passwords but computer says it is not correct

What password do you mean?BIOS, Hard Disk, or Windows?Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/have-correct-passwords-but-computer-says-it-is-not-correct/223.html
Relevancy 43.43%

PC running XP. Sometimes when it boots up I get only a dark screen. Turn it off and reboot and then it boots up in safe mode in the Bios Setup Utility with this message under the Advanced Tab:
"At Bootup System Hung for An Imporper CPU Speed". This used to happen veery infrequently, but is happening more now.

The shown speed in the Bios is 2266 MHZ. The box for the Pentium 4 processor says on it 2.26Ghz which I figure is the same. The 1.525V is the same on both. I did not make changes in the Bios.

This computer has been acting slow at times lately and I had it run through the security forum and it was clean. It acts as through not enough memory when it bogs down, but has 1.5 GB Ram and 64GB free on a 80 GB hard drive..

Any thoughts?
G

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/at-bootup-system-hangs-for-improper-cpu-speed-message-in-bios.591686/
Relevancy 43.43%

When will Dell enable Intel Speed Shift via a BIOS update? All the BIOS update requires is requires is writing 1 to MSR 0x770!
Speed Shift was fully supported by Intel and Microsoft in 2015 (1 year ago!). It makes the CPU much more responsive (particularly in gaming and real-time tasks) and costs nothing.
In the meantime, anyone can run software manually to enable Speed Shift but you need to relaunch the software every time your computer sleeps or turns off, so that is inconvenient. But the boost in performance is worth the effort.
I have manually enabled SpeedShift via software such as ThrottleStop or just writing 1 to MSR 0x770.
Dell - can you get Speed Shift into the next BIOS revision?!?!

A:XPS 9550 Speed Shift - when will Dell enable via BIOS update?

Such a shame that a premium workstation doesn't even use some basic skylake features. Dell please fix this.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994644
Relevancy 42.14%

I ve just bought this XPS in Jan and I really enjoy it at first However one day microsoft as pushed the update to version of windows and the machine will always fail to install the update so I decide to download the image file and install it myself The installation goes smooth but after a few days use I found the computer is really slow when playing videos and games and I happened to find out the CPU speed shows on the performance label in task manager will always be ghz and ghz It cannot go above that I ve also found that the utilization of the CPU can not be larger and updated 15 10 after is as install all CPU as speed low 9550 XPS drivers installed BIOS windows with 0.75ghz mannually than I ve already updated my BIOS to reinstall the system a few times choosing the high performance battery mode etc and all these does not help I also downloaded the intel power gadget and found the power consuming for my CPU is always low and the CPU speed remains to be ghz Also I ve met the problem that after plugin the AC power the CPU speed will fall to ghz Anyone got any idea what s going on here and how can I fix the problem I ll really appreciate XPS 15 9550 CPU speed is as low as 0.75ghz after mannually install windows 10 with all drivers installed and BIOS updated it Thanks

A:XPS 15 9550 CPU speed is as low as 0.75ghz after mannually install windows 10 with all drivers installed and BIOS updated

I've got my problem solved. Please do the following:
1. download intel power gadget, you can search online for it.
2. Check the power rate for your CPU (package pw...) and open videos and applications that will constantly consume CPU power. See if the power is always low. 
3. If the power is always low, try update your BIOS (download from dell drivers and the newest version currently should be 1.1.20), and see whether things are getting better.
4. If the power is still low, you should contact dell technical service to replace your hardware (my computer has replaced the northbridge or southbridge, I forgot, but after replacing, the CPU works fine)
Note: If you are running games using your discrete graphic card, for example starcraft II and you found it's extremely slow, it's possible your cpu is capped.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19676252
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi All I hope Speed Less Torrent Speed Than Download Speed Browser but Upload Superb someone out there can help me with this problem I am using a laptop in Cambodia and connecting to my ISP Viettel via a G Dongle Huewai E The ISP is a Vietnamese company and the customer support via their Cambodian subsidiary Metfone is effectively zero Here are my system details Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R M CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard DIXONSXP ref NO G -yymmdd-DI- - -FF-FF Browser Download Speed Less Than Upload Speed but Torrent Speed Superb Antivirus avast Internet Security Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled G Dongle Huawei E signal - Blue lights on dongle - Mbits s capable I use Avast Internet Security and Comodo Firewall I have no viruses etc indicated by Avast Browser Firefox My problem is with the download speed when using Firefox tried IE and same slow speed When I run speedtest net I get a download speed of between and Mbits s and the pages take annoyingly long to download I have communicated with others on forums in Cambodia who are getting to Mbits s when browsing using the same dongle and when I run my Vuze torrent downloader I also achieve to Mbits s So I know these speeds are achievable through my dongle in my present location but something is blocking my browser from attaining these speeds I have attached two screen shots The first shows my computer downloading torrents at over Mbits s with no other applications running The second shows me having closed the torrent downloads and opened up firefox and run speedtest net showing me chugging along at Mbits s I am at best an intermediate user but willing to follow instructions and provide any other info that might resolve this problem Thanks in advance for all help with this matter Snookybiker nbsp

Relevancy 37.41%

Hello to the BleepingComputer community First of all I m sorry I haven t finished some of the steps from the Preparation Guide It s because these steps require a reboot e g Step Disable your CD Emulation Software - DeFogger will ask me to reboot the machine and I have a bad feeling about the question if it is safe to reboot in my situation I m not sure if I have a type of malware dozen threat of - by folders, Unknown BIOS.sys - BS_Flash.sys, "Bios m... BIOS AVG a and virus/rootkit? Update\Award" which is ready to infect the BIOS - if it is so then it could infect it much easier during the reboot process - If BIOS virus/rootkit? - Unknown threat by AVG - "Bios Update\Award" folders, BS_Flash.sys, BIOS.sys and a dozen of m... there is a good way to find out what is the problem and fix the BIOS threat part if it really is present without rebooting shutting down this PC or at least without booting from this hard drive which I feel is probably infected then please tell me what should I do - If you know a place forum where I can get a specialized help for this seemingly BIOS-malware related situation please tell me where I could go - If there is no way to move forward I ll go ahead and risk the reboot and follow the other steps steps to in the Preparation Guide no problem I kindly ask you to please read below the details of the problem as it occured to me and the things I have tried so far The PC is AMD Athlon X Dual Core BE- GHz Motherboard Biostar TA G AM with AWARD BIOS GB RAM GB SATA HDD and an ASUS EAH card added a few years ago It s with WinXP SP AVG Free standard Windows Firewall and it s behind a router I can t recall exactly but I think on - - evening I ve left this PC with at least one account logged-in with many programs running online locked fast user switching screen and then found the em class 'bbc' PC non-responsive em in the morning so I had to power off it - it was frozen What I remember well is - on - - when I ve turned on this PC for the first time and logged-in with my account member of Administrators group While it was still finishing loading the taskbar icons etc I hit Win L fast user switching is enabled and logged-in to another account member of Users group Right then a bunch of previously unseen quot AVG Identity protection - threat detected quot messages started to appear C Windows system drivers - atkkbnt sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot Then another message showed up C Windows system drivers - amdtools sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers or was it C Windows system don t recall exactly - bufadpt sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Program Files BIOS Update BIOS Update Award - BS Flash sys threat name Unknown I doubt I have ever seen this folder before on this PC I clicked quot move to vault quot C Games ad binaries system aken sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - BIOS sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - BS I cIo sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - IOMap sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers or was it C Windows system don t recall exactly - ati sgag exe threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - EIO XP sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot Then AVG asked to reboot to finish the removal I ve let it to go rebooting but I ve paused the BIOS post screen and switched the PC off so I could research about what should I do next I was suspecting that booting process could infect the BIOS and or MBR After researching online with the keywords from these messages I was still puzzled While searching about if rebooting is risky if you suspect having a BIOS virus especially AWARD BIOS virus I ve even found out that it s possible to infect multiple PCs BIOSes... Read more

A:BIOS virus/rootkit? - Unknown threat by AVG - "Bios Update\Award" folders, BS_Flash.sys, BIOS.sys and a dozen of m...

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. Click the Watch This Topic button at the top on the right.

Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/471088/bios-virusrootkit-unknown-threat-by-avg-bios-updateaward-folders-bs-flashsys-biossys-and-a-dozen-of-mostly-sys-files-appear-on-boot/