Windows Support Forum

Networking from building to building

Q: Networking from building to building

First off I will tell you what my goal is and then what I have tried and any comments or ideas are greatly appreciated At from building building to Networking our church we recently got dsl since I am the tech Networking from building to building guy I got asked to tackle the challenge We are trying to get dsl at our parsonage as well which is aprox yds away This is what I have done From our dsl modem I have hooked up a router for the normal operations in the church Also from this router I have ran cat V to a wireless router next to an exterior wall The wireless N router has a detatchable antenna so I got an ext cable and placed the omni antenna on the ext of the building That antenna didnt seem to have much range so I bought a high gain yagi antenna Now the range is good but the parsonage next door is brick The signal seems to register on the computer but no internet access The internet works fine on the outside I guess brick and wifi dont mix My question is what would you suggest get a second yagi and go into and access point They want wireless in the house Also since it is a different building but has the same phone number would it be possible to have two seperate dsl modems Any help is appreciated Im ok with direct wireless but wireless to wireless and access points I dont have a clue Thanks Shane nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Networking from building to building

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Networking from building to building

good work (so far).

recommend you use a LAPTOP to verify the remote connectivity.

First, config the laptop so as to connect to your secondary router (ie: wireless router next to an exterior wall).
To avoid routing complexity; wire your connections like this

Code:
dsl.modem==primary.router(lan)----cat5---(lan)secondary.router)
notice that the secondary.router connects to the primary using a LAN slot, not the typical WAN connection.
This will allow all systems on your lan (regardless of wired/wifi, or which router they connect to) to use the same ip subnet
(ie all devices will have the first three values of the ip address identical; 192.168.1.x)

To do this, connect a system to the secondary.router (and nothing else connected to it),
access the internal config of the router and disable the DHCP service.
The primary router will then control all IP addresses for the devices.

[a]Either or both routers may use wifi too
TRICK: use different channels, same WPA phrase, and make both SSIDs similar, but unique (ie: parishA vs parishB)

Now reconnect the routers and verify the laptop can connect to the secondary.router when it is in the same room. Now step across the yard (but still outside) and verify you're still connected.
Walk inside and try to get connected again.

They want wireless in the house. Also since it is a different building , but has the same phone number would it be possible to have two seperate dsl modems?Click to expand...

nope.

To get WiFi within the house you need another device (an Access Point or a router that supports BRIDGE mode)... like this

Code:

dsl.modem==primary.router ---cat5---secondary.router - - - wifi 2 house--Access.Point - - wifi within the building
Use [a] above to segregate the A/P too

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/networking-from-building-to-building.167706/
Relevancy 85.14%

I am the Pastor of a small church in Texas I recently purchased a laptop to replace my desktop and plan on passing down my desktop to our treasurer I just purchased a D-Link Extreme N Gigabit router and have networked the computers to the DSL We recently purchased an all in one print copy unit that has wireless capabilities that I would also like to incorprate into the network with the DSL and Other Computer We have our main Church building where my office is located however the copier and treasurers office are in our youth building behind the church When I m sitting at my desk I can sometimes get a low signal strength connection with the printer on the printers quot network quot Wirelss Affordable for Network Building Small Building to in the other building With my Laptop I get great signal strength from the quot DSL Network quot just Affordable Building to Building Wirelss for Small Network outside the building The meter is around bars and stays - mbps As soon as I step in the door the signal is lost it s a metal building The copier room is the first room inside the door and the next room is the Treasurers office The room right above both is my Teen Classroom for Wednesday Night bible studies These three rooms are really the only place in the building i m needing to reach signal Currently in both machines I have one Intel A B G card and the other just is labled USB B G Card Would changing these cards to N enable me to pick up the signal inside the building Is there a cheap meathod of bridging from building to building This is all coming out of my pocket mostly for my benifit so I am not sticking the church with the debt Any information you can provide would be much appreciated I have been working with and on computers since age but I have just never had much dealings with networking and I am especially new to Wireless nbsp

Relevancy 85.14%

I have two floor concrete block building with one extra room that has 2 tanks and about 1 meter x 1meter free area. In this area. I want to build 6 meter tower that is going to have 7 APs and might add more. The APs are 6 ubiquiti nanostation and Rocket M2 AP with 120 degree sector antenna(AP directed to different locations). I might also build 12 meter tower from the second floor if more area required for the base of the tower.

What I want videos or pictures for idea for a good tower that easy to climb and change or fix APs.

A:building WiFi tower in roof of 2 floor building

no body has ideas for Wifi tower on a building

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-wifi-tower-in-roof-of-2-floor-building.981326/
Relevancy 83.42%

Ok I am looking forward to manage my network I am hving pc s at home laptop WiFi Router ADSL connection One PC is being used by my scratch Building Networking Best from for -- sis and other is for backing up Best for Networking -- Building from scratch data All the critical data I get from office goes into the machine and then uploaded to FTP for double backup security Apart from this I have HDD one with SUSE installed and other as spare Now I want to build a network such that all the music and movies go to my sis pc by default and rest of the stuff gets backed up automatically in my pc And when anyone requires anything from any machine there is no hassel in doing so I d prefer linux on data machine if its possible I am having original OS Windows xp pro sp and SP from my office Windows server Windows all of them Linux -- Suse Ubuntu Kubuntu As for my sis use she is into music movies net surfing online games some of her word processing as she is working that doesnt come in bulk For my use i use laptop in office and all the data is quite critical which I backup regularly and all critical docx are on shared FTP in office Please let me knw what would be best Pref linux since i wanna get outta this MS thing and second I dont want to keep upgrading just to keep it running TIA nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/best-for-networking-building-from-scratch.485611/
Relevancy 80.41%

I just noticed this recently after I had to reinstall Windows xp home When Page building building and file and.. I start a game everything runs fine until I load a map then the performance slowly gets worse and worse My cpu is dedicating all the cycles to swapping stuff to Page file building and building and.. the page file I suppose I monitored task manager while the game was running in the background and the page file just gets bigger and bigger until the game crashes The game ran quite nicely until I recently when I reinstalled Windows Windows is up to date with SP and everything I took a few screenshots the first one is while the game is still going and I think it just crashed The second being after the game closed and the page file returns to normal You can see the definite decline on the page file history --- PC Specs - Ghz processor mb ram Windows Xp Home gig hard drive mb Nvidia GeForce MX Runs the game fine

A:Page file building and building and..

Welcome to TSF....

It could be the game that is causing this problem, what is th ename of the game?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/page-file-building-and-building-and-263156.html
Relevancy 74.39%

New to forums, great resource, anyway will get to the point. Setting up a wireless networking solution at work to connect two manufacturing facilities (.75km apart at most) together so they can use the same distributed network program (Epicor's Vista if anyone cares). Both sites are a coimbination of wired and wireless, with a a router at each site, and many switches + hubs littered throughout the buildings. My thoughts were two higher end AP's (maybe cisco Aironet) running in bridge mode along with Hyperlink technologies antennas to boost signal (hyperlinktechnologies.com). Any suggestions? Also, can each building still use their own dedicated DSL line to access the internet?

-Mongol311

Relevancy 59.77%

hi im looking to upgrade my old computer because its not working At all so i need someones advice on building a new computer

i currently have a graphic cards the X1950 pro

i just need the rest can anyone suggest any?

my budget is £500-600

A:help building new pc

Is that X1950 Pro in PCI-Express or AGP form?

This will be the deciding factor on the upgrade path. If it's AGP, it will severely limit your upgrade path.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-building-new-pc.84304/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello,I am going to build my own PC.. (First Time)I'm not going to change the CPU Case.. just the things inside like Motherboard, Graphics Card etc..I want to keep the budget the most minimum possible..Just want to make sure what are the things that I should keep in mind..

A:Building a PC

Does this mean that you will keep the case but change the processor?
You should consider measures of your new compontents fitting in your case especially if you mount a big CPU cooler or graphics card. You should find these specs in the manual of your case or the website of the manufacturer. Same for the new components.
Also important is cooling. If you read a bit how cooling works you can build a silent system with semi-passive cooling technique which should be barely audible. I found this site helpfull building my own silent pc: silentpcreview.com | Everything about Silent / Quiet Computers

I know there is a lot of preparation, reading and pondering to be done to find the right components to fit your needs in terms of perfomance, quiteness and temperatures. But after you have done all steps wisely you can be proud of a self-built system which is fast as a shark and dead silent if you want.
And one of the good steps you've allready meade is to ask in a forum.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/47939-building-pc.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi! My computer broke a couple of months ago and i think that there is no sense in repairing a 2 year old pc that, honestly, sucks. I am going to build a new system, so...

Cpu : i don't know which one should i take, i3 2100 or athlon x3 460
Gpu : i'll probably go with the nvidia gts 450 1gb gddr5
Hdd : at least 1 tb
Ram : kingston 4gb ddr3
Psu : something good that will be able to power this system
Case : i have no idea, but it has to be cheap, because my budget isn't very big.
Budget: 400-500 bucks

I need help with chosing a good psu, case and cpu for this system. Also if you think i should change some of the components i listed here, please say so. Thanks!

A:Need help with building a new pc

well firstly a 1tb hard drive will cost you over $100 at the moment, due to the flooding in Thailand.

Psu a 500w should be fine, but a 650w might offer a small amount of future proofing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/198764-need-help-building-new-pc.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I've been looking a Cases for desktops,i love some of them,with the led lights and windows they can turn what started out as an ugly black box into something really eyecatching.How difficult is it to take everything out then put back together in a new case? I'm itching to try it,but worried I'd mess it up.Been looking at cases on homepage they look amazing

A:Building your own Rig

Originally Posted by Jaffa1978

I've been looking a Cases for desktops,i love some of them,with the led lights and windows they can turn what started out as an ugly black box into something really eyecatching.How difficult is it to take everything out then put back together in a new case? I'm itching to try it,but worried I'd mess it up.Been looking at cases on homepage they look amazing

It's really not all that hard to do, since the procedure is the same as when building from new components.

Just be sure to remember the following:
Some new chassis do not come with a PSU, and you old PSU may not fit into a new chassis, so you'll need to confirm this.When you remove the components from the old chassis, place each individually into an anti-static bag until such time as you are ready to put them into the new chassisIn most cases, it isn't necessary to remove the CPU and Memory from the motherboard when moving to a new chassis, unless you have a monster fan and heatsink that will get in the way of removing the motherboard from the old chassis. If you really must do this, just remember to clean the underside of the heatsink and the top of the CPU properly before applying new thermal paste when placingthem back into the motherboard.When placing the motherboard into the new chassis, make sure you have the backplate correctly inserted, and that the chassis base standoffs are all in the correct positions corresponding to the mount holes on the motherboard.When mounting the motherboard, do not over tighten the screwsTake your time. Murphy's Law states "The more you hurry, the greater the possibility of screwing up".And most importantly, have fun!

Let us know how it went for you.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/199036-building-your-own-rig.html
Relevancy 59.77%

This my PC Building thread relates to one I posted Building my PC yesterday http forums techguy org t html SInce then I did some more Building my PC investigation last night Building my PC If I power up the system with nothing connected except the motherboard cpu and the HDD and CDrom drives by power only No IDE cable then both disc drives are operational This system doesnt include any cards or memory at all just as a troubleshooting process If i then connect the IDE cable to either or both of the disc drives and try powering up the system keeping all other variables constant the drives connected by IDE do not power up The CPU fan does though By putting memory in graphics card in etc the same problems still occur the drive connected by IDE cable does not start I thought the IDE cable was simply a data cable It seems strange that the drive is not able to power up through connecting a data cable It would appear to be some kind of shortage in the motherboard am i right I have tried several IDE cables and they all have the same outcome Any help is much appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

hi i just ordered one of these (scroll to the description) and i have a question.
i have an emachines t1220 and im planning on putting its hard drive in this new machine. im buying the cpu and memory but im using everything else from the emachines- graphics card, hard drive, dvd rom. so my question is, if i put my old hard drive in this new pc, will it just be like turning on my emachines with different hardware (windows booting up normally with all the junk on the hard drive still being there) or will i have to wipe out the hard drive and put it in and then install windows and everything, fresh start? i dunno how to explain it really but if you understand my question i would eppreciate the help.

thanks!

A:help building pc

if you change the motherboard, windows will not boot and you have to reformat/reinstall windows.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-building-pc.28066/
Relevancy 59.77%

About how much would it cost to build a good and fast computer? And as long as you get parts that are compatible, is it hard to build a computer?

build a sweet system for around $1000, give or take depending how sweet you wanted it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-a-pc.324779/
Relevancy 59.77%

Ok Here is the hardware I'm Using
case - thermaltake armor VA8000b Series
HDD - Raptor 150Gb (not X)
Lite-On DVD burner (20x)
intel quad-core
XFX 8500GT
Toughpower 650W
1 Gb G. Skill DDR2 (PC6400)

I think that Is about It, the problem is that I put everything toghether( the Care firewire was A B****) anyway I cant get any video(this mobo doesn't have onboard vid) I'm using a Samsung Syncmaster 931bf, I used the VGA for both the card and the monitor but I don't any video at all, Please Help me If you Have anything that could help me post here or send me an e-mail ([email protected])

Relevancy 59.77%

Hey I m new here hopefully you guys can help I really need a new computer and I m having some serious troubles My current computer works but it doesn t Half of my apps don t work and the hardware is ancient Here are the specs PC Building a IBM P ghz MB RAM MB Radeon Windows Building a PC XP Pro Well that s off the top of my head Anyways As I said half of the programs don t work such as Windows Movie Maker Windows Media Player Sound Recorder Paint and many more I have small hard drives My C drive is GB and has a sliver of space left The D drive is a GB drive and it really only holds my music pictures video and anything I download My computer crashes every once in a while no warning just randomly I have no idea where it came from or anything about it It was a replacement my uncle had given me as he fixed my old PC Which I never got back But in the end I need a new computer A S A P I am looking for a computer that can handle games such as Battefield and Counter-Strike Source I use MSN and browse the internet too There seems to always be something else I want to try too so I can t tell you exactly what I will be using my computer for Now what type of PC how will I be getting it and money I am looking for something around these specs -PC- P ghz GB DDR RAM - Video Card XP - I m not sure if I want Vista do I -Building and receiving- I would actually like to build the PC by myself or buy parts separately and get a friend to build it for me if I can not do it My mom is a general manager for a chain restaurant and does quite a lot of office work Her server computers and whatnot run into problems they have an IT guy that would be glad to build me a PC if I gave him the parts I am happy to buy parts from anywhere www tigerdirect ca has some great stuff And local tech stores are good too -Money- I am just a young geek no money or a job My mother said she will get me a new computer along with the basement being redone She knows almost nothing about computers and she is not planning to pay five thousand dollars on a pc for me I m looking for quot Cheap Amazingness quot I know it s not a word And I know It s probably not possible but that s why you re here right Okay now If I am getting myself in WAY to deep and I should just be buying a built ready to go computer from the store What should I be getting Thanks Austin nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

im not shure that im in the right place but what the hell:rolleyes:
im 15 and im building a pc i have a budget of 1300 EURO an i can bu stuff from england here is the spec

Core i5 750
Asus maximus iii formula
HIS HD 5770 (x2)
antec 1200
Gskil Ripjaw 4GB
WD 1tb
OCZ GameXStream 850W
cooler master v8
2 sony blu-ray players

and i have the the mouse keyboard and Monitor
so if anyone has any comments or sugestions feel free to speak up

A:Building a PC, help

everything looks ok but i don't see why your getting 5770 (x2) when you you could get one 5850 or spend just a little more and get one 5870.

OP here double post

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-pc-help.143561/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi Firstly I must say what a wonderful site It has opened my eyes to so many things Secondly I like your help in getting a spec new building in PC a Help sheet together to build my PC Just a back ground info I built my last PC yrs ago and it has lasted me yrs It started life with windows and Help in building a new PC now am runnig XP professional Originally was built with ram and Gb HDD But now it is running Gb RAM and Help in building a new PC GB HDD Processor it has a P Ghz runnig at normal speed Grafix it is running NVIDIA Geforce MX MX card So you can see when it was built yrs ago it was a pretty decent spec for the time I think it is now time to finally replace it as it seems to not only be runnig out of HDD but also tends to run a bit slow So my intention is to build something again that is goin to last me for a good few yrs still to come Budget wise I don t wanna go crazy but maybe in the region of if thats feasible Obviosuly anything less will be better I am not a big PC gaming fan Have a PS and Wii for that side of things so I won t be doing any gaming however I will be doing lots of photo and video editing I would also like to have the option of watching TV on it whether online or digital tuner I am not too sure I am based in the UK and don t mind ordering things over the internet It certainly in most of my past experience is much cheaper than going to the shops like Maplin or PCWorld and I would like to build a full ATX size desktop pc rather than a mini But again it is not a necesity as I am here for advice Now here is the list of items I have got together that obviously I am gonna need CPU AMD Athlon Ghz AMD socket is this a good enough processor Motherboard Asus SOcket AM M N WS motherboard I have searched lots and I think this might be a good enough mobo for my needs Again any other suggestions will be much appreciated RAM GB DDR- PC MHz the above mother board is capable of handling up to Gb however I don t think I need anything more than Gb to begin with Graphics Card ATI HD I have heard a lot of good things about this card and how it compares against Nvidia Gt So it this good enough or am I better off going for the HD instead PSU Now this I don t know much about I think my current one is a W PSU and I have never had any problems with it But if I start to use the above grafix card then I guess I will deffo need to go for something better Any suggestions O S Windows XP I am gonna keep my O S as it is It has been out for along time and it is stable I am not sure if Windows is as stable as it is relatively new and ought to have lots of bugs What ya reckon Case I don t know much about case but I guess that would depend on the mobo that I go for I like to have a case which is quite cool looking and I can show it with pride instead of hiding it under the desk So any cool suggestions Drives I have looked aorund for blueray drives to be able to write bluerays and read them But they seem to be a bit over priced at the moment About Am I better off getting a good DVD RW for now and wait a few more months prices might come down a bit ANy suggestions for good DVD RW drives and also blueray ones HDD I take it as most of the new mobos have SATA drives now instead of the good old IDE ones And they seem to be quite cheap compared to the old IDE ones What I have thought about is to have Sata Drives a Gb one and a T byte one I will then partition the Gb to and Gb and use the first one for the O S only and use the Gb one for the programme files The T byte one will be used for general files and application stuff like videos and Is this the right way to go about it Monitor and speakers I guess these are pretty standard whatever I do I could even get a quot HD ready TV and use that instead maybe for the monitor What I like to do is though have monitors if I can I have seen lots of people using them and it seems to be an ideal choice if I have to do lots of diff things at once instead of keep minimizing and maximising So how does that... Read more

A:Help in building a new PC

I would suggest these:

Processor - AMD Athlon II X4 620 - £73.40
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P - £65.89
PSU - Corsair 550W VX Series PSU - £61.75
GPU - VTX 3D HD 4770 512MB - £72.39
RAM - Crucial 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz - £60.00
Case - Cooler Master CM-690 Dominator - £59.51

Total - £392.94

That leaves you with a little more than £100 for the HDD and DVD drive.

I suggested the HD 4770 as it performs at par with the HD 4850. It also consumes lesser power so you may consider getting the Corsair 450VX PSU and save another £10. (Personally, if you're not interested in gaming then you might even consider getting the HD 4670.)

As for the HDD, I think 1 TB is more than enough. No need to give the OS (Windows XP) more than 15 - 20GB. It's best if the OS is maintained on a partition separate to all other apps.

Also as regards to grafix card, is it better to go for a twin 4850 instead of a single 4870?Click to expand...

Two HD 4850s in CrossFire will definitely outperform the a single HD 4870. However, they would consume a lot more power. You'll have to get the Corsair 650TX PSU in that case.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-in-building-a-new-pc.138797/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello everyone I ve never build my own PC completely from scratch before so I m looking for some input I know the CPU to motherboard procedure is delicate so I m either gunna - think? Considering Building you What do read up really good or find a friend I m tryin to build a relatively low cost system that is still pretty nice for minor gaming and mainly multimedia output to my HDTV What do you think of Considering Building - What do you think? these components Considering Building - What do you think? CASE Have not determined Looking for something - BOARD FOXCONN A GM-S CPU retail AMD Athlon X Dual-Core Processor RAM GB KIT X GB DDR XMS - x DIMM - - - Mx DRAMs DHX Technology CORSAIR or GB DDR PC BALLISTIX KIT VIDEO onboard good HD Seagate Barracuda GB Serial ATA I have an existing IDE drive and DVD burner i would like to use I have read something that IDE headers support multiple things is that true Can I hookup both those drives into IDE slot Also In regards to processors Is it better to get them OEM or Retail I know that with retail they come witht Considering Building - What do you think? the fan and heatsink but usually most people replace the standard ones anyways If I am not going to be overclocking or anything do you think the standard would be ok or which fan sink you reccommend I use any help is appreciated thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/considering-building-what-do-you-think.720690/
Relevancy 59.77%

ok curious what size tower i'm wanting i thought atx mid but just arrived and it's too big someone please help :con

Relevancy 59.77%

I'm wanting to build a cheap gaming PC, unfortunately I can only spend around $500-600, I might use a CD-ROM from an old computer, and I have a mouse and keyboard I can use - I do have a spare monitor but I'll probably replace it with a different monitor later on.

And yeah, I do have an OS which I could use on it but it's Windows XP Home Edition.

What do you recommend?

I would go with an AMD build based on the Dragon Platform. But, you can also build a decent Core i5 PC around the same price.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-pc.138578/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have wanted to build a pc for some time now and this is what I have come up with I think it gives me above average performance now with very good upgradeablilty in the future I just have a few qustions I want to make sure that everything is compatitable annd that it is pretty balenced out No major bottlwnecks to performance ASUS An - SLI deluxe AMD Athlon Winchester eVGA GeForce PCX GT Crucial PC DDR DIMM x Seagate Barracuda ST AS GB Hard Drive Antec Building need help some a PC True Power W Power Building a PC need some help Supply will Building a PC need some help this work with mobo Antec Super LANBoy Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Total cost OK here are my three questions Should I go with a different power supply sucha as an antec true power or is the power supply I have selected going to be suffecient How about if choose to add a video card in the future Second is the video card I have selected a good one From what I have read its near the upper end I m opem to suggestions but I want to saty away from ATI The fianl question is if I should go the DFI verion of the sli card Wiyukd rather not becasue its more expensive but can be convinced nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

Hey all, i would like to build a new gaming computer as my current one is pretty sucky I would like some expert advice from these forums so please do enlighten me. What i have in mind now is the E6850 processor. I've read quite abit about it and i heard it really is worth the price. My budget's around 2.5k SGD. That's about 1.6 - 1.7 k USD. If possible, please do justify why you would recommend me the mobo / gfx as I really am very confused about what to pick. There's just too many and I really have no clear idea what is best. So please do help me. Thanks for the time for reading and helping. Oh and I'm not too concerned about OCing at the moment as I've never done that before. Haha. Thanks alot of the help. Appreciate it.

A:Need help on building a new rig

I have just gotten the ASUS P5N-E SLI mobo with a Q 6600 Core 2 Quadcore. I can recommend the mobo for sure. It's very stable, has all the overclocking you would want, and supports the E6850. I am going to pick up an E6850 too. The E6750 is a very good deal also. $100 less than the 6850. I can also recommend the EVGA 8800 GTS 320mb GPU. It has good performance and is also strong, stable, and cool. Good Luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-on-building-a-new-rig.88625/
Relevancy 59.77%

Happy week everyone I need some extra cash so that I can build a new PC again so I ve decided to build pcs for other people My first step is to find a source either Newegg or this one big shop i ve found around here although I haven t checked their prices yet My concerns with Newegg If a part goes out others... pcs for Building it takes a lot Building pcs for others... more effort to ship it back and wait for the next part to arrive My other concern is that I know how it s almost like a Big Lots for computer parts and sometimes things are great other times they re questionable My idea for this is to purchase parts with the best ratings and decent prices However Newegg seems to be a lot cheaper and has no problems with returning defective products My main worry is durability though I can replace a part pretty easily when it s right in front of me and no important information is tied with it If a computer works for a month and all of a sudden something happens while all this information is on the computer that would definitely suck big time My concerns with the store Parts are most likely going to be more expensive and people are not going to be so quick to buy the computers that could easily add up a couple hundred more dollars than from buying them online Of course its not my money that I m spending but I always put myself in that person s situation and pretend for a least a minute that the money is mine The defective parts could be replaced faster with the store and the entire shopping process could go a little faster after all I d have the parts the same day of the request Any advice comments additional concerns or anything of the sort would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

Hi I plan on buying parts and building my own PC and before I begin I wanted are Building okay? these PC, a to make sure everything will work together fine First off the motherboard is a Foxconn A -P- EKRS Socket T LGA Intel P ATX Intel Motherboard The type is a Pentium Prescott Celeron D The bus speed is and has HT technology It takes DDR http www newegg com Product Product asp item N E The processor is a intel Pentium J Prescott MHz FSB MB L Cache LGA Processor Its speed is GHz http www newegg com Product Product asp item N E I ve decided to try and get pqi GB x MB -Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR PC Dual Channel Kit System Memory http www newegg com Product Product asp item N E I d like to get the Sky Hawk Eagle Tech ATX-GM SC ATX V EPS V AMD ATX-GES W Power Supply with the Standby mode where you can listen to a CD VCD DVD without entering the operating system l Building a PC, are these okay? Sounds neat eh Im debating whether or not I should get this PSU or something for dollars less http www newegg com Product Product asp item N E Im looking to get a LCD monitor but Im kind of weary about the dead pixels Should I just pass this up and get a CRT I ll be running Windows XP Professional on this So can you guys find any reason for this NOT to work I can t find anything although this is my first time actually building a full PC I just want to be sure everything will be a go Any suggestions to a better yet cheaper or about the same price product sure is welcome Thanks for the help nbsp

A:Building a PC, are these okay?

These parts seem fine to me but the power supply seems a bit insane

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-a-pc-are-these-okay.375265/
Relevancy 59.77%

Here is a link to an article which goes into great depths about building a PC. It has plenty of illustrations, although some of them are a bit out of focus. Because this guide is a couple or so years old, it does detail installing Windows XP towards the end, but the actual physical assembly and construction of the PC should prove to be a useful guide.

Welcome to Corsair :: System Build Logs

Relevancy 59.77%

this is my first build so any input is appreciated:
mother board: intel d915pbll socket 775
cpu: intel p4 640 3.2ghz 800mhz fsb 2mb cache
ram: pc2-4200 ddr2 533mhz
hard drive: 200 gb sata 7200 rpm
not sure on a graphics or sound card yet, this board seems to have good sound capibilities already

A:building a pc

jeffstang said:

this is my first build so any input is appreciated:
mother board: intel d915pbll socket 775
cpu: intel p4 640 3.2ghz 800mhz fsb 2mb cache
ram: pc2-4200 ddr2 533mhz
hard drive: 200 gb sata 7200 rpm
not sure on a graphics or sound card yet, this board seems to have good sound capibilities alreadyClick to expand...

Just make sure that you throw that stock heatsink/fan from Intel as far away as you can throw it! It is useless cooling the cpu. I have the same CPU. It's in my sig. Also when you do get a decent heatsink/fan make sure you use Artic Silver 5. Google it to find instructions on application. Other than that "Build On" and have fun.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-a-pc.372629/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello I ran across this site a while back looking for help and quickly found what I was looking Building PC a new for This time however I had to create an account because I don t know what to do My old computer died a few months back and have been using my lap-top since I want to build a Building a new PC new PC but I have no idea what i need and need to look for To break it down I want to create a gaming PC that can play COD MMO s and some RTS s but my budget is between - I still have a quot Advueu ADV C monitor from my dead PC and a maxtor Y p hard drive I m willing to skimp for an avg sound card Everything else I would like to get as good as my limited budget will allow As for an operating system I am still undecided between XP Building a new PC or Vista Any ideas would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Building a new PC

I don't have any recommendations of parts themselves, but I would go to this review site It should be easy to find recommendations on any parts. They post a new thread about best graphics cards for the money every month.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-a-new-pc.714291/
Relevancy 59.77%

I am building a computer for the first time I will detail most of my components here so that your advice can take those into account I have the ABIT AV rd Eye motherboard for the Pin AMD bit processor I have a AMD processor installed and ready to go I have Gig of memory installed I have an Audigy Soundblaster zs soundcard I have an Antec Neopower power help, please. Building supply And I currently have both a Lite-on CD Rom and a Samsung DVD ROM installed Here are a couple of questions I hope one of you can answer On the Neopower power supply there is a wire It uses a pin connector and its purpose is to monitor and help match the case fan speed as needed for conditions and to match it to the fan on the power Building help, please. supply itself It says in the instruction manual to connect it to a pin fan switch on the motherboard excluding the CPU fan switch which of course will be used by the CPU fan My question regarding this is I have several of these pin fan switches on the ABIT motherboard I have one Building help, please. which is sitting alone and says MBfan I have one which says SYSfan and I have Building help, please. two which say AuxFan and AuxFan Now which one would you expect I should hook this wire coming from the power supply to Those of you who are familiar with this power supply will know that you have almost limitless choices about wiring with this unit I am using the fan only cables to power my case fans Now here s another question which I m sure I will figure out on my own anyway but your help or advice will be certainly appreciated Given the two optical drives I have installed Oh wait I forgot I am currently using one Maxtor GB SATA hard drive So take into account that I m using the SATA cable to run this hard drive not either of the IDE cables Okay back to the question Should I use the master slave IDE cable hook it to both optical drives and run it to which of the IDE pins which one the IDE or IDE and which drive would be your master and which would be your slave Or should I run one drive to IDE and the other drive to IDE on individual IDE cables and again which would be your primary master and which would be slave I have more questions before I turn this thing on for the first time but I ll await answers on these questions first I m not scared of it but if I can cut down on unnecessary mistakes it will be a lot smoother startup I m not new to playing around inside a computer but this is the first time I ve purchased a lot of components and put them all together from scratch Although the manuals are helpful in some cases they get a bit too technical when you are simply looking for an either or answer that s easy to understand Thanks for your help Mike nbsp

A:Building help, please.

You can connect the optical drives to either ide channel. DVD burners often like to be the master device on the channel so I would connect the burner as master on ide1 or 2 and connect the cd drive as the slave device.

As to the fan connector, I am not familiar with that ps, however I believe it just for monitoring speed and it should not matter which fan header you use. I would just use aux1.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-help-please.358191/
Relevancy 59.77%

hi guys

im guilding a new pc with

windows 7 ultimate

intel i7 975 extreme edition
Integrated memory controller enables three channels of DDR3 1066 MHz memory, resulting in up to 25.6 GB/sec memory bandwidth. This memory controller's lower latency and higher memory bandwidth delivers amazing performance for data-intensive applications.

Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P Motherboard
supports Intel® Core? i7 Socket 1366

6GB (3 x 2GB) DIMM Kit / DDR3 / 2000MHz / Low Latency / Patriot Extreme Performance Viper Series / PV236G2000LLKB
XMP Ready for Core i7 Processors
Tested and compatible with Intel® X58 Express Chipsets

1. the patriot ep memory is compatible with my mobo and processor but the processor says it takes 1066 memory

2. i want dual sli video cards
which one do you guys think is better

EVGA GeForce GTX 295 1792MB PCI-Express CO-OP Edition Video Card

BFG GTX 285 2GB OC PCI-Express Video Card

A:Building new PC need help

That's probably a typo; it should be 1600MHz, not 1066MHz. And I would recommend getting the i7 920; the 975 is a waste of cash and is not dramatically faster than the 920 for the far higher price it commands.

You can also do with the cheaper GA-EX58-UD3R instead of the EX58-UD4P IMO.

In addition, I do not think you really need 2000MHz memory; a 1600MHz triple-channel kit would be fine IMO.

Do not bother with using either of those cards (especially two GTX 285s in SLI) unless you have a display capable of 2560x1600, since that's where the full potential of these cards would be realized. I would recommend an HD 5850 for anything upto 1920x1200.

BTW, what PSU will all of this run on?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-new-pc-need-help.136799/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey Guys i have a laptop and i really want to record minecraft so bad and i need your help i have a budget of ?500 Thats $810.90 in usa

Im not going to be a huge gamer all i want to do is record minecraft easy on top settings

i Would like a AMD Processor not intel because amd is better for the buck

i would like at least 600watts Gaming PSU

And i would like 6GB of Ram

And i want a decent Graphics Card

Please Comment Some Specs and i will go searching

THANK YOU VERRY MUCH

A:Building a Pc Need Help

Dont Worry About the Monitor or the case (Feel Free to post them if you want ) i`ll sort that stuff out

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/184819-building-pc-need-help.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Ok as you may have seen from the title i am building a new gaming PC my budget is - just depends of heres what i have so far CPU Newegg com - Intel Core i Nehalem GHz x KB L Cache MB L Cache LGA W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops HEATSINK Newegg com - XIGMATEK Dark Knight-S V mm Long Life Bearing CPU Cooler - CPU Fans amp Heatsinks GPU Newegg com - a Building PC SAPPHIRE VAPOR-X VXL Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card Building a PC - Desktop Building a PC Graphics Video Cards RAM Newegg com - GeIL GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model GV GB C TC - Desktop Memory HDD Newegg com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD FALS TB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drives - Internal Hard Drives MOBO Newegg com - ASUS Rampage II Extreme LGA Intel X ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards PSU Newegg com - CORSAIR CMPSU- TX W ATX V EPS V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i Power Supply - Power Supplies CASE Newegg com - COOLER MASTER HAF RC- -KKN -GP Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases Also for the GPU i may wait for the XX cards to come out so tell me if these parts are compatible etc also would i be able to run crysis on max if i get the XX series cards The reason why i put this thread here is because i couldn't find any other place to put it Thanks -James

it all looks good except for your cpu.... (but i'm sure you'll stick with that )
um.... i'd wait for the 5000 series and as of now... there is not sure speed for them.... but i'm betting 10% to 35% faster than the 4890 so its worth the wait nice case choice btw oh look at the patriot memory...... the viper series to be exact and see whatca think

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/244903-building-pc.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello All,
I am looking to build a new P.C. can you help me with recommending a mother board either for Amd or Intel. I would be greatly appreciated, I like to watch a lot of movies on my PC as well as doing a lot of graphics, such as editing my home movies. I hope that helps with your recommendation
Thank you again.
Jon

A:Building a New PC

Hi andoyan,
do you have a budget in mind? and what level of performance do you require? ..welcome to Techspot BTW

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-new-pc.130845/
Relevancy 59.77%

I decided to build my own pc. I don't have all the money to buy all the parts at one time. So today I bought two items.

Part #1
Computer Case. It's silver at black. Pretty nice box. It has 4 bays for CD-ROMs and 2 bays for the floppy. It has a nice design.

Part #2
Maxtor 160GB HD

My question is....I want to get a nice motherboard and processor. I dont want the best because I dont want to spend too much, but I also dont want a piece of crap. Something in the middle. Price is not a factor but dont want to go overboard on the cost. So does anyone have any recommendations on a MB and Processor. Maybe this can help to. I deal with alot of video so I need something that can keep up.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Gonzalo

Relevancy 59.77%

Hi i am trying to build a cpu however i am contemplating if i should be going for amd or intel.
I am not a gamer thus the cpu is more of multitasking.
Win 7 will be the OS.
I am comparing the below specs hope all of you can provide me with some help

1)
AMD Phenom II X4 925 black edition processor
Asus engt430 2gb ddr3 hdmi
Kingston pc3-1333 (2gb x 2)
harddisk 500gb
casing - cooler master elite 335 / 310
psu - cooler master extreme 460w

2)
asus m4a785td-v evo
amd phenom II X4 955 black edition
harddisk 500gb
pov geforxe st240 1gb ddr3
Kingston pc3-1333 (2gb x 2)

3)
intel core i5-650 processor lga 1156
asus P7H55M
Kingston pc3-1333 4gb since they have only 1 slot
harddisk 500gb

Relevancy 59.77%

My last PC blew up and is getting replaced here is what i have sofar Full PC Can you kind people please help me i just need to know if theres ways i can save money or if i am missing something something has bad reviews or wont work with eachother the memory isnt on Pc Building Help please the mo bo s compatabil list maybe the power supply is overkill on the wattage I will be using the PC for Gaming CS S Bioshock and hopefully next gens games when they arrive Burning DVD s photoshop and eventually getting two quot monitors at the x ish resolution and running Building Pc Help please bit vista when it doesnt suck Intel Core Quad Q GHz LGA quad core Gigabyte GA-P -DS R Building Pc Help please P Motherboard CORSAIR XMS GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC - - - With EPP Technology x gb total Seagate NCQ GB SATA rpm Barracuda Gb s XFX nVidia GeForce GTS XXX Edition MB -Bit Black Gigabyte D Aurora S Thermaltake Toughpower With Cable Management W ATX V amp EPS V Black w PFC silent cm Fan LITE-ON x DUAL DVDRW X D-LAYER w LIGHTSCRIBE BEIGE w BLACK amp SIVER BEZEL FACE LID Microsoft Windows XP Professional Links are in Order of the parts listed above Cpu then Motherboard ram etc etc http www extremepc co nz product amp osCsid e d e d b c bfa ff a c cc http www extremepc co nz Building Pc Help please product amp osCsid e d e d b c bfa ff a c cc http www extremepc co nz product info php products id amp osCsid e d e d b c bfa ff a c cc http www extremepc co nz product info php products id amp osCsid e d e d b c bfa ff a c cc http www extremepc co nz product info php products id amp osCsid e d e d b c bfa ff a c cc http www extremepc co nz product info php products id amp osCsid e d e d b c bfa ff a c cc http www elive co nz view product php product p http www elive co nz view product php product P amp search lightscribe amp search category Prices are in New Zealand dollars i know US prices are WAY cheaper nbsp

A:Building Pc Help please

KK, my thoughts.
You did a good job, just a few things I would like to say. Yes, the PSU is perfect for your build (almost same as my set up actually). The meory is CORSAIR and I will personally gaurantee it working (i have never known RAM by them not work). If possible get the BFG Tech 8800 GTS OC2 as the XFX has no overclock on the shader but that card is fine if you can't find the BFG one. (The BFG card also has life time warranty and I think it is slightly cheaper).

I am running Vista and it doesn;t suck now!!

I also play Bioshock maxed out on my computer (almost identical to yours) and it plays at an average of about 50-70 FPS (nice )

I would also get the Asus P5N32 Motherboard as it is very good for overclocking and will be good for SLI (the P35 chipset is ATI crossfire only)

I am not sure about how the 8800 GTS will ahndle such high resolutions when gaming with 2 monitors but... it shouldn;t be too shabby .

good look with the build, any problems I would be happy to help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-pc-help-please.623623/
Relevancy 59.77%

Ok guys, I searched but couldn't find an answer to this one. I'm going to finally finish my first home built pc this weekend. I'm salvaging a hard drive out of another pc. Will I have a problem installing brand new windows xp os on a hard drive that had it on it. I was told I needed to purchase the operating system since I change motherboards. Any advice would be great. thanks again in advance.

A:building my first

Not totally sure if you are taking the hard drive out of the old system and just putting it in the new and hoping XP on the drive will work in the new system (answer to that is probably not) or if you are planning to reformat the drive and reinstall windows (in this case no problem)

Just remember that legally a copy of XP can only be installed on one system at a time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-my-first.297181/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey everone I am currently selecting different hardware devices for a new PC I plan to build This is the first PC that I am building so I don t know if there is any possible problems with the current setup so decided to post it here to see what building PC help others think I plan on using alot of d graphics PC building help with the PC so I want it somewhat quot high end quot Here is the current list ASUS P K DELUXE WIFI-AP LGA Intel P ATX Intel Motherboard Thermaltake TR W RUC ATX W Power Supply V CORSAIR GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory EVGA -P -N -AX GeForce GT MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x SLI Supported Video Card I currently have Intel Core Quad Q Kentsfield GHz x MB L Cache LGA Processor And a case That I know of the above should work just fine But as this being my first PC I don t want to make any mistakes Is there anything bad about the current configuation Are all of these devices compatable Are there anything I should watch out for I do not plan on supporting Vista yet until theirnext service pack or even SP Thanks nbsp

A:PC building help

Just in case anyone is curious, I decided to go for it, and get them off of newegg,

If there are any problems with them, I can always ship them back. I just hopw there is no problems

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-building-help.621117/
Relevancy 59.77%

I bought a Soyo moBO. It's intel socket 478 pentium based ATi rc350 Micro Atx MOBO. It doesnt support DDR and i was wondering what would be the best p4 processor for this MOBO and what kinda of power supply should i get for this mobo.

Thankx

Processors Supported Intel Celeron up to 2.80GHz
Intel Pentium 4 up to 3.40GHz

Cut and paste from spec sheet.

Depending on how many drives, etc. you are going to attach, you'd base the power supply requirements from that. I wouldn't get anything less than 350 myself, and probably more.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-a-pc.305462/
Relevancy 59.77%

I am looking at puttting together my first pc from scratch. I like to do a lil gaming (mostly DF Black Hawk Down online), internet, mp3 music, and programs like Paint Shop Pro 8.

#1 I am looking at this mobo on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=44943&item=6724555545
Opinions?

#2 Any suggestions as towards video cards, sound cards, ect. any opinions would be nice. I do have a GeForce FX 5200 128MB PCI card in this pc and am considering just using it in the new pc.

#3 Any tips or tricks anyone would care to share would be nice.

Thanks and hopefully my first venture into this will be sucessfull.

A:Building my first PC

Opinions?Click to expand...

Don't buy this board.
Here's a few reasons why.
The chipset they use on this board is 3rd on a list of 3 chipset makers.
The first being Nvidia then VIA then SiS, others may say VIA is first but that
doesn't matter because SiS will always be 3rd.

Hers a review of the board (not very flattering).
Motherboard Review

If your looking for a budget board ASROCK is a good maker of budget boards.
They are somehow linked to ASUS boards.
Here's a good price on one from newegg.com
The board is $5 more but shipping is $10 less.
ASROCK board

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-my-first-pc.299749/
Relevancy 59.77%

I am putting PC together and would like some input. The items I am thinking about are below. Can someone let me know if this is good or not. The total cost is $605.00. I am very open to any and all suggestions.

Thank you.

Motherboard
ASUS "A7V880" VIA KT880 Chipset Motherboard

Processor
AMD Athlon XP 2700+, 333MHz FSB, 256K Cache

Memory
Apacer 184 Pin 512MB DDR PC-2700

Video Card
Chaintech XGI VOLARI V3 Video Card, 128MB DDR, TV-Out+DVI, 8X AGP Model "SLV3-128"

Hard Drive
Maxtor 40GB 7200RPM IDE Hard Drive, Model 6E040L0

CD/DVD Burners
BenQ 16x DVD-/+RW Drive with Software, 2.4X Dual Layer Black Model DW1620
Samsung Black 52X32X52X16 DVD/CD-RW Combo Drive, Model TS-H492A/WBGH

Case
A-Top XBlade Black/Silver Ultimate Gaming Machine With 450W PSU & Side window, Model
"AT859A-BK

Relevancy 59.77%

I play Counter-Strike: Source.
Alright, it's finally been confirmed that I can get a new computer. This is what I have so far:
Case:
Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

Motherboard:
ASUS P5B Deluxe LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Video Card:
BFG Tech BFGR88320GTSOCE GeForce 8800GTS 320MB

Processor:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe 2.66GHz

Memory:
Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2

Hard Drive: 2x
Western Digital Raptor WD360ADFD 36GB 10,000 RPM 16MB
I have a Sound Card, Headphones, Mousepad, Mouse, Monitor. Anything I am missing? Anything you think needs to be upgraded? And I'm pretty sure I can just install my current CD/DVD drives into the new pc.

I know a need a power supply.

I have never built a computer before, take that in mind in terms of supplies. Cords / Wires?

Total: $1,256.92

A:Building new PC - Help me out please! :)

rfzbaker said:

I play Counter-Strike: Source.
Alright, it's finally been confirmed that I can get a new computer. This is what I have so far:
Case:
Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

Motherboard:
ASUS P5B Deluxe LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Video Card:
BFG Tech BFGR88320GTSOCE GeForce 8800GTS 320MB

Processor:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe 2.66GHz

Memory:
Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2

Hard Drive: 2x
Western Digital Raptor WD360ADFD 36GB 10,000 RPM 16MB
I have a Sound Card, Headphones, Mousepad, Mouse, Monitor. Anything I am missing? Anything you think needs to be upgraded? And I'm pretty sure I can just install my current CD/DVD drives into the new pc.

I know a need a power supply.

I have never built a computer before, take that in mind in terms of supplies. Cords / Wires?

Total: $1,256.92Click to expand...

Hi rfzbaker
Get the best PSU you can afford.read your asus Mobo book a few times before you start.
and follow it word for word and double check everything you do .
And when you finaly switch on and hear the beep (dont forget to buy a little speaker to fit to the mobo,I dont think asus builds them in.)and the asus logo comes up on your monitor You will wonder why you have not built one before.
Good luck with your new PC
Rex

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-new-pc-help-me-out-please.607479/
Relevancy 59.77%

Tried building my own PC, much more of an experienced software guy than hardware, and as I expected, I screwed it up.

I'm trying to run:
Intel D875PBZ Motherboard
Intel 3.2 GHz Pentium IV
2xKingston 512mb PC3200 DDR
GeForce 5200 128MB

I've also scavenged two hard drives from my old computer, but I have no idea what they are.

Here's my problem: I get 3 long beeps at startup but nothing on the monitor, it reads from the hard drive for a bit, then nothing until I turn it off. I've tried reseating the RAM as I read that's what the beep code could mean. Any suggestions on what to do next?

A:Need Help with Building PC

try one ram stick at a time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-building-pc.294579/
Relevancy 59.77%

I read the Building PC! a sticky above but I still would like some help I just got enough money to get my own PC at first I was thinking of just buying an already built computer but after couple hours of thinking I decided I would build my own Building a PC! and a problem with that is I don t know much about the Building a PC! CPU s inside But I had a stroke of luck one of my friends friend owns a PC shop and I Building a PC! asked him about some info on building PC s He said he can get the parts straight from the manufacturer and assemble it for me for quite cheap I gladly agreed and went online to search for parts after seeing the price ranges for each anything there was a large gap and I wasn t really sure of what I was buying I asked one of my friends and he showed me a couple of stuff but he only said it is a suggestion and he basically linked me all the stuff he has but I want something brand new If you guys could help that would be great Ill give a basic outline Around k and would last me quite awhile and easily upgrade-able PC all the way nVidia graphics card preferably but not a must Water Cooling the fan I have is the loudest thing in my room New Monitor This is just my basic outline because again I am not very intelligent with computers and stuff Any help is greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

first off hello guys I have a question about basicly upgrading my current pc heres what I got going I have a dell 2350 (ya I know)and Ive ordered A new motherboard and case and psu and I want to transfer everything else from my dell. so will I have to do anything with my hdd's or anything else?

I know this is a little vague btw Im running xp home and and my cpu is a p4 1.8 northwood.

also Im getting a msi 9800pro If it makes any difference.

thanks

A:building new pc

You will have to either get a new HDD or format and reinstall XP on the one you have now. All your MB and chipset drivers will be different and won't let it boot. Put a new one as Master and your current HDD as a slave so you won't loose any programs and such.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-new-pc.279066/
Relevancy 59.77%

So all the hardware experts out there...

Can you please list some parts I can get for around $1000 for a decent gaming pc?

I'm starting from scratch so I need everything from a motherboard to a case.

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/features/how_build_awesome_pc_647

Upgrade from there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-a-new-pc.895683/
Relevancy 59.77%

Would appreciate some advice on parts to get.

Not a gamer, but tend to run a lot of processes at the same time when working on websites. Dreamweaver, Xara, WAMP plus a picture editor and the internet is always on.

Already ordered Windows 7 Home.

Do I use Dual Core or would I be better to go for the more expensive Quad? Originally thinking about E7400 processor and Gigabyte GA-FQ45M-S2 motherboard.

Already have a newish PSU from a previous computer 420W 30A and may also use the graphics card which I think is an nVidia Geforce 6200 turbo cache, will this work ok with Windows 7?

What sort of problems am I likely to run into installing the OS, have done XP previously without any problems.

Relevancy 59.77%

Hi I am looking to build a new PC soon I usually buy a pre-built system every other year not New PC Building a name brand Dell etc but from a local company called ACS http www askacs com This PC will be used for work word processing spreadsheets VPN connection to work PC amp network and for play internet gaming I also do some limited photo editing I am also thinking of maybe using it as a video entertainment system in the future watching TV DVD s I already have Building New PC a monitor keyboard mouse speakers and do not need to upgrade those But I am looking to buy the rest everything from the tower in as I will pass my old machine off to my son to upgrade the system he uses What I am thinking I need want Case - Full size tower prefer black color no mods windows or neon Power Supply - Large enough support as needed W CPU - Want pretty much best available as it will need to keep me on pace for two years Core Duo Motherboard - As needed for CPU and accessories Memory - I have GB in old PC probably want at least GB in the new Hard drive - Large enough for photo s video s games etc GB Video Card -Have an NVIDIA GeForce FX now looking to upgrade to possibly include video in out TV Tuner - Unless video card handles that Sound Card - Have SoundBlaster speaker subwoofer set Looking for card that will play good sound for games videos Besides the above I will want a DVD player burner maybe two a multi-media reader for various memory cards any necessary cables and cards that I might be missing I was also thinking of a Blue Tooth device so I don t need to plug in my phone I have attached ACS s latest price list First I am wondering what you think of their prices and second if I can build a good PC for around - that will meet my needs and desires for the next two years I have built PC s before but that was when someone else had bought all the pieces I am not good at buying the parts themselves Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

Right, I've chosen out these:

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...ntel+Core+2+Quad+Q8300,+S775+?productId=38434

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...+4650+1GB+AGP+GRAPHICS+CARDS+?productId=38337

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...el+P45+Chipset,+DDR2,+LGA775+?productId=36989

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...ime+warranty+?productId=36778&rqcType=new#rqc

Are these all compatible? Also, can i put them in this pc: http://gadgets.boingboing.net/2008/09/23/lighting-review-of-t.html

also, will i need a power supply unit? if so, what watt

Relevancy 59.77%

hey

i am a newb at computers and please dont think my talk is stupid!

i have a 98 and it stinks so i want to renew it and i dont know what it is called i think its called "reboot"? well basically i want to refresh its whole memory, i have my backup cd and a bootdisk floppy.

can someone tell me how to do this how to "reboot" or refresh ur computer?

Relevancy 59.77%

Hey guys
I am completely new to the building pc stuff.well i am going to build a pc but i have no clue which motherboard or which processor or which graphic card or PSU or ram to choose.There are tons of motherboards out there and i have no clue which one to choose and by the way the total amount of the pc must be 700 $ or below. I Have a dvd rom drive,Speakers,keyboard,mouse,LCD monitor. i just need a cpu.
SO please help
Thankyou

A:Help building a PC

Assuming that you did not include what you already have in your $700 USD (right?) budget...

CORSAIR CMPSU-450VX 450W ATX12V V2.2 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply
EVGA 01G-P3-1371-TR GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM
ASUS M4A87TD/USB3 AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 AMD Motherboard
AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition Heka 2.8GHz 3 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Processor HDZ720WFK3DGI - OEM
About $600. That leaves $100 for hdd's/os if you need one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-building-a-pc.151782/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi new to these forums Terve kaikki Just would like some opinions on the system I plan on building befiore I actually begin ordering the parts I do a lot of gaming and work with my computer and hoping to future proof myself for awhile Here is what I plan on putting into my COOLER MASTER HAF CASE http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Mother Board ASUS Rampage IV Formula LGA http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E CPU Intel Core i - Sandy Bridge-E GHz http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D SE http www newegg com Product Product aspx Building a PC Item N E Video card ASUS GTX TOP http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Memory G SKILL Ripjaws Z Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E SSD Corsair Force Series GT CSSD-F GBGT-BK quot GB SATA III http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E DVD Burner Asus http www newegg Building a PC com Product Product aspx Item N E Power Supply Seasonic w http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E OS Undecided I d appreciate any helpful opinions and suggestions Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

Hi! I'm going to be building a new pc. It will be used primarily for word processing and internet, but it should run decent. It also needs to have a small footprint, which is why I chose the slim tower style. I have included a screenshot of the items I will be using. I also have an 80GB PATA drive and 512MB of ram that I can put in the computer.

Please let me know what you think, if this will run well, and give any suggestions!

Relevancy 59.77%

I am upgrading my system next month on a budget of around £500. New mainboard, cpu+cooler and DDR3 memory. My main choices so far are the Asus P6X58D-E Intel X58(£168), Intel Core i7 930 2.80Ghz Bloomfield(£216) and Corsairs 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 1600MHz XMS3 Memory Kit(£130.00). However if anyone out there could give me any better ideas on other/better components for around the same price i would love to here your input?

A:Building my new rig

All your choices seem top notch. What GPU are you planning on using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-my-new-rig.147837/
Relevancy 59.77%

i going to build my first pc, but first i need to buy all the hardware, and i was wandering what cpu, motherboard and graphics card to get. i use my pc for gaming, internet, video editing, website design etc.

A:building first pc

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot

You came to a very helpful place... :bounce:
TS has a very good buyers guide, not to mention
the forums here. You can get "very good" advice
on hardware....

First we need to know your budget, how much $$
you want to invest..Also what games are you into?
The PPL here will even help locate best places and prices.
G'Luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-first-pc.29280/
Relevancy 59.77%

i am building a pc , i want to have a dvd/cd burner then the hard drive. the hard drive stores memory and my question is when u go to MY COMPUTER is c & d drive how many hard drives do i need. i need 1 for disks is that all?

A:building a pc

i am building the pc for mostly gaming. Americas Army, Age of Empires...... it is my time building a pc but i am on a tight budget. so far i have looked at

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138077
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829118103
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127285
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227123
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103741

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-pc.80865/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey In months i will be quot trying quot to make my st pc with these components I am buying them from Ebuyer and using some other components eg power supply harddrive and disk New Building PC. Help Any Plz drives from my older pc which is about a year old Intel Pentium GHz Prescott Skt FSB MB Cache--- Ebuyer mb DDR PC MHz Extra Value Ram --- Ebuyer S- BSS Blue Body All Silver Front Atx Case With No PSU--- Abit AI -GURU SKT PE FSB Dual DDR SATA Raid Firewire Sound--- Some mm Internal Case Fans In Black--- O S Windows xp pro corporate not quite sure what to use yet I am using another ram which is same speed and a quot XFX Geforce GT MB quot from my old pc and the other things i said above Are there any tips you might be able to give me on making it and if i should require anything else or get rid of something i have put in wrong I have added the quckfind codes for the website so you can find them easier www ebuyer co uk I will be using it for gaming alot so i need it Building New PC. Any Help Plz cool and fast nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

Hey i just built a gaming pc and the specs are Gigabyte pc Building GA-X A-UD R Intel Mainboard Western Digital Caviar Black GB RPM MB SATA Gbs Corsair DDR GB PC- Building pc x XMS GB TW X G C D Ram Intel Core i - GHz MB Cache LGA Microsoft Windows Professional -Bit DVD - OEM Antec Nine Hundred Two - Black Ultimate ATX Gaming Case No PSU Thermaltake Toughpower XT W ATX Power Supply with Cable Management if i play a game it seems my average laptop plays games better me and my friend are pretty average at building pc s so we probably did something wrong the ram is ghz at Building pc v and we noticed in bios the default for my motherboard was only v and so we changes it and im not to sure if we did that right when i play a game that starts to have like lots of stuff happening at once the pc will start failing and pausing and stuff sorry if im not being clear but hopefully u can help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-pc.921739/
Relevancy 59.77%

so i wanna build my own bootable XP CD i checked out this program http www nliteos com which allows u to remove some standard apps but it doesnt allow u to add as far as i can see it then creates the bootable disc for you i was interesting in making my own cd dvd with some programs that dont install normally ie firefox nero CD? Building My Own XP winrar winiso flashfxp etc size is of no concern although i doubt id exceed the capacity of a cd and even if i did i wouldnt mind making a bootable dvd ghosting is one option but thats limited to a specific computer i guess its not completely out of the question if i make an image of a basic desktop with all Building My Own XP CD? the applications i want but that defeats the purpose of what im trying to achieve i read some about slipstreaming but that seems to be for implementing service packs and updates can someone recommend some tutorials on compiling my own cd dvd or maybe offer up some programs that im not aware of thanks in advance -ukr

A:Building My Own XP CD?

i believe what you intend to do is against the law
i will close this thread

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/building-my-own-xp-cd-88007.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hiya im making a new pc, and would like ask if these would all go together, without any compatibility problems, and the items are as shown below:

http://www.tekheads.co.uk/s/product?product=603796
http://www.tekheads.co.uk/s/product?product=607563
http://www.tekheads.co.uk/s/product?product=607072
http://www.tekheads.co.uk/s/product?product=605758
http://www.tekheads.co.uk/s/product?product=606478
http://www.tekheads.co.uk/s/product?product=605806
http://www.tekheads.co.uk/s/product?product=606340
http://www.tekheads.co.uk/s/product?product=605704
http://www.tekheads.co.uk/s/product?product=606686

Thanks for your help:wave:

A:Building a new Pc

Looks Great

That setup looks really balanced and will give you great performance. Although I dont think the p975 chipset supports SLI. If in the future you want to nab another GTS for SLI you will have to replace your mobo. If this is a concideration, grab a board with a 650i or 680i nfore chipset.

Otherwise you are good to go with a really nice setup.

Also, again, if your not worried about SLI this board is worth a look also as it has intel's newest chipset and looks like an awesome board.

http://www.tekheads.co.uk/s/product?product=607697

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-new-pc.80837/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey Guys..

Seen this place abuzz with lots of activity.. thought i'd say hi
Been hectic searching this forum as i been entrusted with a job to suggest a PC with certain requirements.
Banking on lil support from here.

Requirements:

Basically person wants to build a CPU to play games like Assassins Creed 2 and the works.
Will put in the gpu and stuff later on, rite now only looking at procuring the basic:
1) Proccy
2) RAM
3) Motherboard

On professional front he is hoping the above rig wd be able to run programs like IBM RAD and other such softwares.
Looking for Intel Based Machine.

Do suggest me few configurations.
TIA

A:Need help in building a PC

What's the budget for the system?

There are quite a few buyer guides on TechSpot and a lot of other sites already.

http://www.techspot.com/guides/buying/
http://techreport.com/articles.x/19159
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/How-To,4/Build-Your-Own,16/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-in-building-a-pc.149767/
Relevancy 59.77%

In the next month or so I will building my new computer, but I dont no what hardware to have. I have a max limit of £700.

I want a mothbaord that can run windows vista with a agp x8 slot and a PCI-E 16x slot. That has aorund 6x 2.0 USB ports, With aorund 3 or 4 PIC slots.It must also have a sata and ide connecters.

I have picked a ATX tower already.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Aspire-X-Crui...hZ002QQcategoryZ80168QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

I would like around 2gb's of ram DDR2 prefarbely.

A 300GB Stat harddrive.

Not to sure on the grapihcs card, to may to chose from I was thinking of around 256mb card maby a geforce 7600 or ATI Radeon X850 XT.

A 3.6Ghz proccersor. Dule or singal core.

Thanks.

Relevancy 59.77%

Does anyone know If I can transfer my old hard disk with XP Pro when I replace the CPU, Motherboard on my computer or will I need a fresh install?

You will have a more stable system if you do a clean install . . If you need to salvage data, sometimes you can do a Repair Install, but it will not result in as desirable a system as a clean install ( IMO )

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-a-new-pc.458377/
Relevancy 59.77%

hi dudes and dudettes.

I've bought a gigabyte 5850 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125318&Tpk=radeon hd 5850

and an ocz modxstream 700w psu http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341018&Tpk=ocz modxstream 700w

plz tell me which+how much ram, processor and motherboard will work well with these 2, i will be gaming at 1680x1050 and looking to max many games o.o

Tell me a good combo my budget for the ram processor and motherboard: around £400

ps: plz tell me if my psu is good enough/stable for what im trying to do (possibly i7 processor ect.)

ty bb

Relevancy 59.77%

Hey I have one question(or more, I dont know). Will this components be compatible if not recommend me something else, it cant be costing more than the price I type! This is what I was thinking to build! One more question- can you recommend me a not to expensive cooling fan (for processor) which I can OverClock a little bit with!? Please the fan must be from AMAZON!

Here are the specs:
Chassis: Cooler Master HAF ATX Mid Tower Case 922 - 89$

Motherboard: Asus P9X79 DELUXE Intel X79 So.2011 Quad Channel DDR3 ATX Retail - 380

Processor: Intel Core i7 3820 4x 3.60GHz So.2011 WOF ? 310$

GPU: 3072MB PowerColor Radeon HD 7950 ? 430$

RAM: Corsair 16GB XMS3 (2x 8GB) DDR3 1600Mhz - 110$

PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 -105$

Optical Drive: Asus 24xDVD-RW Serial ATA Internal OEM Drive ? 22$

Total: 1448$

A:Building a pc - NEED HELP

If you don't need a case quite that big, I can't recommend the HAF912 enough....plus it's cheaper.

Cooler Master also makes a Hyper 212 Evo, I think, that should allow you plenty of OC'ing headroom. I have two of the Hyper 212+ models, and they are quiet and perform very well....and are very cheap.

Samsung optical drives work very well and are just as cheap. I'm not a big Asus guy, so maybe that's just an opinion.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/225166-building-pc-need-help.html
Relevancy 59.77%

hi forum ok how do i start My Dell Dimension passed away so im building a new one i found this parts Building a PC but i want to have some knowledge confirmation Building a PC This is what i found pls im not a pro at this dont laugh XD S - ECS G T-M Motherboard - Micro ATX Socket LGA Intel G Intel ICH Intel GMA X MHz DDR SATA Gb s -CH Audio USB I - Intel BX E Pentium Dual-Core E Processor - GHz Socket MB Cache MHz FSB Wolfdale Dual Core Retail CPU w Fan P - atriot PSD G PC GB DDR Desktop Memory Upgrade - MHz Non-ECC Unbuffered Non-ECC CL x MB E - EVGA -P - -LR GeForce GT Superclocked Video Card - MB DDR PCI-Express DVI HDMI VGA ULT Ultra X -Watt Modular Power Supply - mm Fan MicroATX I already have the case HDD and the DVD RW writer and the OS And yeah i know the mobo is a micro-atx Im little short at budget so i cannot afford to buy the newest parts All of this i found it at nbsp

lols ... nah, just kidding.
what are you using the pc for and what do you want it to be able to do?
is ~$350-400 the max budget?
will you be building yourself?
are you set on intel or are you open to AMD as well?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-pc.161488/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello, sorry if this isn't the right place to post a subject like this, however, it looked like it was. Anyways, I have a few questions to ask you. I saw on this forum from a user who asked sort of the same question I have basically. How hard is it to build a PC, but they didn't talk about something I wanted to know, or from the few post I read. I wanted to know rather or not any soldering was required while building a PC, or if the whole process is step by step instructions and just connecting it together as such.

I am very interested in making a PC and even working with them as a possible job career. Thanks again,

Tyler

A:Building My First PC

Building a pc can be complicated if you make it. Its basically a small puzzle, but with only 8-9 pieces at most on a basic pc. Just make sure all your parts are compatible before buying, that alone can set you back a month sometimes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-my-first-pc.88830/
Relevancy 59.77%

I m new PSU OK? PC... Building to the PC building scene Not much cash Plan to build system with the following specs CPU AMD Athlon X RAM Building PC... PSU OK? G DDR - MoBo ASUS Building PC... PSU OK? M N-MX SE HDD G Maxtor SATA Integrated graphics to start with ASUS PCI WL- G WiFi card Case Shaw Xtreme- This all comes to a total cost of AU mainly because I already have a monitor external DVD Burner keyboard and mouse I will eventually add a quot LCD nVidia GT an extra G of RAM and a DVD burner bringing the total to My question is about the PSU It is a W generic I have run this system through various online PSU calculators and it apparently only draws only - W from the PSU even with the extra components I have heard various horror stories about generic PSUs so will a W-rated generic run this system I will probably eventually upgrade it to a W generic which it seems is equivalent to a good W nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

Hello Everyone,

I am planning on building a DVR any suggestion on what hardware and software to use that would best suit me on this project. Thanks in advance any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 59.77%

What's your opinion on the best performance-to-budget PC build I could buy with $800-$900? ONLY taking into account MOTHERBOARD, CPU, VIDEO CARD, RAM and POWER SUPPLY. NOTHING ELSE, no case, no hdd/ssd, etc. I'm looking to use it for middle to high level video editing and 3d rendering (After Effects, 3Ds Max). All help appreciated!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-building-my-first-pc.1155351/
Relevancy 59.77%

I figured I'd go out on a limb and try building my next PC. Other than email and web browsing my only hardcore application is HD video editing. I want to be able to create my own Blu Ray discs.

I just want your thoughts on my shopping list below. By the way, I have little-mid knowledge of the specs and features of many of the components.

Motherboard: Intel DX58SO
CPU: i7 3.4GHz
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce XLR8 GTX 465, (1 GB) GDDR5 PCI Express Video Card

Case: Undecided
RAM: Undecided, but at least 8 if not 16GB
Optical: Undecided, but Blu-Ray writer a must at some point.

I guess I'm looking for some assurance that I'm headed in the right direction with the first 3 for what I'm trying to do. I'm not a gamer and wouldn't even know the purpose for overclocking, so that's not an issue. I'll leave everything to spec.

A:Building my first PC

you want to build a multimedia pc??

http://www.ehow.com/how_5038971_build-multimedia-pc.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-my-first-pc.983359/
Relevancy 59.77%

My previous post was regarding gpu problem in 5 years old Vaio and Now it demands a motherboard replacement costing $220 with 90 days warranty from Vaio Service Center...
So I am moving on and decided to buy My first Desktop..
So following configuration is in my Mind...Plz help me in choosing correct Build...
My Budget is tight aprox $350

PC Required for:-
Photoshop CS5 and above
Unity 3D Ver 5 and above
Blender latest Ver.

Do I need a Graphic Card for above listed softwares as i3 comes with 1.7 GB intel 4400 graphics... If i need dedicated one for above softwares then Suggest Budget Friendly..

Min Requirements : -
i3 4th gen
320GB
4GB
plz tell me about supporting components like RAM, Motherboard ...cabinet Model, Power supply if needed..
System should be Futute proof and compatible with Windows 10 and DirectX 12 .

A:Help me in building a New PC

Considering what your hardware and software needs are, the desktop you want is going to cost substantially more than $350.00.

The hardware experts here can give you more advice.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-me-in-building-a-new-pc.1156833/
Relevancy 59.77%

ok so im building a new pc for my parents instead of them buying a p sony from the store now i have a few questions do you think i would be able to build a good p system for well under that price maybe spend about a grand on the system itself and they can buy their own monitor well here is this im looking over some MB new a building pc and processors and i want to know if these will go well together Intel Pentium GHz Northwood K Socket Processor MHz building a new pc Processor Bus OEM Specifications CPU GHz Type Pentium Northwood Cache K BUS Mhz Socket OEM Processor Only Model RK PC D for i can get a yr warranty is it worth it and this Asus Motherboard for Intel P Processors Model P PE-X Retail Specifications Supported CPU Socket for Intel Pentium Celeron Intel Hyper-Threading Technology ready building a new pc Chipset Intel PE Intel ICH FSB MHz RAM x -pin DIMM Sockets support max GB PC PC PC PC IDE x UltraDMA Max Devices Slots x AGP X x PCI Ports xPS xCOM xLPT xUSB xLAN and Audio Ports Onboard Audio ADI AD SoundMAX -channel CODEC Onboard LAN BROADCOM Mbps Ethernet open to some other suggestions ram nbsp

A:building a new pc

Sounds like a great system to me. Under $1,000 is attainable, just take a look:

P4=$200
M/B=$100
CASE=$50
CDRW=$75
RAM=$75
HARDDRIVE=$100 (80gig)
GRAPHICS=$100 (GeforceMX)
FLOPPY=$20
Keyboard=$20
Mouse=$20

That's $760 bucks, and a system that will rock the house. The Asus motherboard is real nice, I would recommend 512 DDR RAM

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-new-pc.8784/
Relevancy 59.77%

I m supposed to generate an automated call from a computer to a hard wire phone as a part of my internship. but i have no clue as to how to do that. the requirement is to query a database first and see if any customer needs to be called, if yes then a call is to be genrated to the customer and the details of his profile in the database are to be read out to him. can someone help me on generating a call from the computer to the customers? (my boss is not willing to help me at all )

Relevancy 59.77%

Hello Ladies PC a Building and Building a PC Gentlemen Firstly i hope this is in the correct place if not please move the thread Thanks So the time has come where Ive had my laptop years and it can no longer game on it well it can but its not great low settings on everything So i want to build myself a gaming PC i was going to buy an Alienware one but there is no fun in that I m fairly new to PCs but i have done some homework so I m not too off the bat Anyhow i need your guys advice and discussion on what i need in this day and age to build a decent gaming PC I will not spend a penny more than MAX However i do want a PC that will last a few years and is kind of future proof Anyone with a decent system or crazy ideas is all welcome If you do recommend a product please link it That will be a great help On a last note with all our great brains together and help i will make a donation to the forum to help keep great sites like this alive So without me badgering on let the debate begin nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

Hello forum, thanks for reading. I am about to build my first pc. Im trying to get some computer certs
and jump into the IT field so i figure experience is best teacher right? I am pretty sure the processor
i want is Intel Core i7-3930K Sandy Bridge-E. i think ill wait for the chips after ivy, to get something
newer. Basically id like advice on what components to use with this processor. I was thinkin of the
ASUS RIVE for mobo, not sure though and pretty new to all this. I will build it a piece at a time over
the next few months so money is no issue really. For a top notch awesome rig for gaming and media
mainly, what would you guys recommend as far as mobo/ram/graphics and video....any input is VERY
appreciated. thanks forum.

A:Building my first pc

I would just like to say that going one piece at a time is a very bad idea. Anyone who has built multiple PC's would say the same. If one part is bad, you may not know until it is too late to return it and you could be out a couple hundred dollars, or euros, or pounds... but that aside, you will want to have everything at once because you will need to be able to test all the parts at one time, as long as you buy the CPU, RAM, motherboard, and power supply together (and possibly a video card), you will be able to test those important parts. It is things like the case and other peripherals such as hard drives and optical drives that could be bough separately as long as you can test them or they have a good warranty.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-my-first-pc.1060036/
Relevancy 59.77%

Just bought a motherboard {ABIT KU8 ATHLON 64 ULI M1689,HT1600,DDR400,8*AGP,SATA 150 RAID, 10/100 LAN, 6CH} could anyone please tell me what hardware I need? such as what processor,ram,power supply, video/graphic card/s,case,monitor,harddrive, and any other relavent information?

A:Building AMD PC

CPU - Supports AMD Socket 754 Athlon 64/Sempron Processors With 1.6GHz system bus using Hyper Transport™ technology Supports AMD CPU Cool 'n' Quiet Technology
Memory - Two 184-pin DIMM sockets, Supports DDR400 non-ECC un-buffered memory
Supports maximum memory capacity up to 2GB
Chipset - ULI M1689 single chip supports 2GHz Hyper Transport
SATA RAID - Supports SATA data transfer rates at 150 MB/s (1.5G bps)
LAN - On board 10/100 Mb LAN
Audio - 6-Channel AC 97 CODEC on board
ABIT Engineered - ABIT SoftMenu™ Technology, ABIT CPU ThermalGuard™ Technology
Internal I/O Connectors - 1 AGP 8X/4X slot, 5 PCI slots, Floppy Port supports up to 2.88 MB, 2 x Ultra DMA 33/66/100/133 Connectors, 2 x Serial ATA150 Connectors, 2 x USB headers, 1 x CD-IN
Back Panel I/O - 1 x PS/2 Keyboard, 1 x PS/2 mouse, 1 x Serial Port, 1 x Parallel Port
3 holes Audio connector (Mic-In, Line-In, Line-Out), 2 x USB, 2 x USB, 1 x RJ-45 LAN Connector
Miscellaneous - ATX form factor 305 x 225 mm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-amd-pc.463883/
Relevancy 59.77%

Just a questions not sure on which is better between quad cores and duo cores and if all the features work with a quad or if a duo is still better! These are the two mb combo's i have been looking at just wondering if you could tell me what you guys think of which one is better.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3189530&CatId=1599

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3329233&CatId=1599

Take into thought the price i know the duo core has a lil better motherboard but is it worth it? Just give me some insight would help alot all of this new stuff is giving me a headache

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-new-pc.664312/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello, I have all of the parts picked out and everything but I just want to make sure that all of this will work properly together. Thank you for any help that you give! Here are the parts that I have picked out:

XFX PVT84JYAJG GeForce 8600GT 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

APEVIA ATX-CW500WP4 ATX 500W Power Supply - Retail

Kingston HyperX 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model KHX8500D2K2/2G - Retail

GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX All Solid Capacitor Intel Motherboard - Retail

Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 Allendale 2.2GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor Model BX80557E4500 - Retail

Rosewill RCX-Z775-LX 92mm Ball CPU Cooler - Retail

Everything seems fine.

I would double check you motherboard supports 1066 (I have the same one and I think it does) but besides that it seems excellent.

You did not include a case so I thought i would recommend the Coolmaster Centurion 5

$49.99

Also unless you plan on doing some intense overclocking the stock cooler will work fine!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-a-new-pc.692728/
Relevancy 59.77%

I use Adobe Photoshop for restoring photos, I also have Perfect Photo Suite v8 also the bog standard stuff like Microsoft Office, a printer/scanner Family Tree Maker 2014, nothing that more than my current P C wont handle which is Dell Optiplex755 with Microsoft 64bit Intel(R)TM2 DUO CPU E4500 2.20 GHz and 8GB Memory ARI Radeon 2GB graphic card. I'm not a gamer but I like Caeser 3 and 4, I'd like to be able to play more advanced games. So what do I need to have a very good PC that would also be upgradable.
I would like a full tower as I have plenty of room. I'm not into fancy colours and showing off stuff as I not that young. I can have funds available up to ?1,000.
I'm a complete beginner at this building my own computer. The only thing is I've watched many Carey Holzman videos on You tube.

A:I'd like a lot of help in building a P C.

Hippies don't get old !!

Would you feel more comfortable buying a pre-built PC instead ?
or you want to get your hands dirty??
Flashorn.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/computer-diy/124761-id-like-lot-help-building-p-c.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I'm sure this has probably been asked before, but anyway - I'm going to be building a new PC soon (my first) when I go back to uni, so I want to know if anybody knows of either a good modern book or an in-depth guide around the web. I've shortlisted most of the components I want and will be checking around various sources for opinions before I buy, so now all I need is a good guide. Like I said, the most important thing is that it's modern; I haven't seen any dedicated books written post-2005 and they all seem dated now. I'm going to be using it for work obviously but also for games like Call Of Duty, World In Conflict and a few others awaiting release.

So yeah any recommendations welcome - or if somebody else has asked this recently a link would be great.

Cheers :wave:

A:Building first PC

why dont you listed all the component that you want first, then only people can give their opinion.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-first-pc.117800/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey everyone I came to this site for this specific question that I had and seeing as this is my first post please excuse me if I posted this thread on the wrong board or section I ve been into console gaming for a while this isn t a gaming thread just bear with me a PC new Building and have recently decided to move into PC gaming I have a Building a new PC few questions though if anyone would be willing to answer them Can anyone give me advice on how to build buy customize a computer that can not only accomplish all the tasks I need listed below but excel at them I honestly don t know where to start with this process Run intensive games such as Arma DayZ RuneScape Grand Theft Auto Run video editing software such as iMovie or Sony Vegas Record and stream gameplay and others functions so that they may be uploaded or edited I d also like to mention that while price is a factor it is definitely not a large limiting factor to the computer I d like to purchase build I hope I included enough information and if I didn t please just respond and I ll tell you any other information you may need to help me Thanks Duncan nbsp

I would help us make recommendations if you would give us a max budget to go by.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-a-new-pc.1147245/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey I want to build my own Pc and was wondering if the hardware I choosen is good This computer is going to be for gaming so keep that in mind also the vid card listen Im buying from a friend thats why its cheap also I beleive the price list I got this from is a little old so the prices are higher than the should be AND do I need anything else am I forgeting anything at all cables inmortant parts ect excluding monitor speakers printer ect AMD Athlon X bit Dual Core x Ghz MB Cache x Dual Channel DDR Buffalo Transcend TS MLQ V U GB GB PC Mhz Cas Lifetime Asus M N-SLI Deluxe Nvidia nForce SLI Dual PCI-E Phenom ATX Creative my own Building PC Soundblaster Audigy SE PCI OEM Antec Sonata III Front USB eSATA x mm Antec w Quiet Black ATX Coolermaster Eclipse Heatpipes Building my own PC Fan AM Copper MSI GT MB HDTV Nvidia x PCI-E w TV-Out Dual DVI Heatpipe SLI Building my own PC DirectX Lite-On LH- A H Litescribe IDE x DVD R RW x DVD-R RW Building my own PC x x CD-RW Dual Layer Black GB RPM SATA MB Cache Microsoft Windows XP Professional OEM CD amp License OKAY Ive revised this quite a bit now that I now these price are a little high Ive upgraded a bit I looking to spend about bucks so would all this cost about that much with taxes AND again is there anything else I need AMD Phenon bit Quad Core x Ghz FSB MB Cache AM what does this mean below OCZ OCZ VU GK PC Mhz GB Kit x GB - - - heatspreader Lifetime MIR MSI K A -Platinum AMD FX Quad Crossfire Quad PCI-E AM Phenom ATX PCI-E x PCI-E x PCI DDR ATA SATA RAID eESATA Firewire - USB Audio Gigabit Ethernet Antec Sonata III Front USB eSATA x mm Antec w Quiet Black ATX eVGA GT MB HDTV Nvidia x PCI-E w TV-Out DVI DirectX Lite-On LH- A P IDE x DVD R RW x DVD-R RW x x CD-RW Dual Layer White GB RPM SATA MB Cache Microsoft Windows XP Professional bit OEM CD amp License nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

Hey i :) a new little a Building need pc, help have a question i am building a new Building a new pc, need a little help :) pc soon and i have windows on my hard drive at the moment If i get a new motherboard ram and cpu can Building a new pc, need a little help :) i use my windows hard drive with all my new components or will it not recognise it If i can use my hard drive will i have to configure it amp to my motherboard or will it do this automaticly This will be my first proper build and i am looking forward to it but this has been bugging me for a while i m sure it will be fine but i just want to make sure thank s i will list my new build below so you can give me advice or anything else thank s again Motherboard Gigabyte Z -D H CPU Intel core i k quad core Ivybridge CPU Processor Memory GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR MHz with Arctic Cooling Freezer High Performance CPU Cooler PSU Corsair GS w power supply Case Cooler master HAF Advanced USB ATX Case nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

hey im thinking about building a gaming pc soon but i dont quite know much about the specific parts, i know i want a intel core i7, and probly gonna do about 12 gbs of ram, but looking for suggestions for cases, powersupplys, vid cards, motherboards, etc... any info will help and be appreciated. also im trying not to spend a ton of money, and will most likely upgrade as i go. but want to start with something that will work for awhile and will be able to run just about anything

Relevancy 59.77%

I a Building PC am fairly new to computers I just started using Unity d and did somethings on gamemaker I have a emachines EL G- W that a bought from wallmart a few years ago Currently I am still trying to make my money with it using Image-Lines Fruity loop that Building a PC was very costly adobe photoshop CS very costly camtasia Game Maker pro Game maker studio Unity d just got that just cloud I upgraded to win ultimate i also changed the ram to two gb cards but that is about it the Building a PC rest is the same and updated unfortunately money doesnt grow on trees other wise everyone here in hawaii would be rich Could someone give an affordable pc breakdown on a worthy computer of such multi tasking I heard mac was good to get for media although I also heard that win got better features although i dont know much about any of this a long time ago i was introduced to an alianware product and thought it would great to have but my spending limit is at the very most for now this is good machine so i can probably make it by next chrismas help a very new computer enthusiast out nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

Hi
I'm building my first pc, primarily for gaming, which is also being done on a budget <500.
I've put together a few items after alot of web surfing and am wondering if they're compatible together. Not to mention how they would handle TitanQuest. Any useful comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

939Dual-SATA2 66.99
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice 2000MHz 76.00
Radeon 9250 256MB 54.99
Update Kingston 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 83.99
Western Digital Caviar SE WD800JD 80GB 42.99
LITE-ON Black ATAPI/E-IDE DVD-ROM 17.99
XION XION II XON-103 Black SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 450W 64.99 - 15 rebate

407.94 - 15 rebate

I'm able to get Windows and a monitor from a friend, is there anything i'm overlooking?

Relevancy 59.77%

I know very little bout computer, but I'm trying to build a new PC. I'm planning to have the following hardwares (and I'm finding all the numbers very confusing):

1)Intel Quad 6600 Processor (supplier suggested the Intel Xeon Quad x3210/2.13MHz);

2)Intel Dx38BT Motherboard;

3)Kingston HyperX KHX9600D2K2/2G DDR2 1200 RAM (supplier suggested Kingston KVR1333D3/N9K2/2G DDR3/1333 Mhz);

4)Nvidia N9600GT T201G 1024MB Graphics Card;

5)Western Digital WE Caviar SE16 320GB x2 HDD.

Confusion:

1) Processor: can anyone tell me please, I thought Intel Xeon is a server processor, what's the difference?

2) I looked up Intel website on the kind of RAM the motherboard supports, and I don't see DDR3. And I don't even know the difference between DDR2 and DDR3!

Can anyone tell/ help me with the choice of processor and RAM please? Somehow, i have a feeling that the dealer is not being very honest.

A:Help with building new PC

The X3210 is identical to the Q6600 except for the fact that it has an 8x multiplier compared to the Q6600's 9x. A simple OC will allow you to reach the same clock speed as the Q6600. But if it's B3 stepping, stay away from it and get a Q6600 with G0 stepping instead or get a X3210 with G0, whichever is cheaper for you. But the Xeon will need you to update the motherboard's BIOS to the latest version and is not guaranteed to work, so be warned.
As for the RAM, it's best to have RAM that is at the same speed as the FSB of the CPU if possible.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-building-new-pc.101925/
Relevancy 59.77%

Basically my laptop has packed up and I ve been recommended these parts Just double-checking if these are all good and will work PC new help Building - together And is there anything I can swap out for something better but my budget is cheapy right here and this comes to Thanks P S I m a noob Gigabyte GA- LMT-USB Socket AM VGA DVI HDMI Channel Audio mATX Building new PC - help Motherboard http www ebuyer com -gigaby dvi-hdmi- - -channel-audio-matx-ga- lmt-usb AMD FX- Black Edition Core Ghz Socket AM MB L Cache Retail Boxed Processor http www ebuyer com -amd-fx -core- - ghz-socket-am - mb-l -fd wmgusbx Corsair GB DDR MHz Memory Module CL - - - V Unbuffered Non-ECC http www ebuyer com -corsair- gb-ddr - mhz-memory-cmv gx m a c Xenta W cm Fan PSU - x PCI-E x SATA http www ebuyer com -xenta- w- cm-fan-psu- x-pci-e- x-sata-kk - p Liteon Ihas x Dvd rw dual r ram Sata Drive internal Black http www ebuyer com -liteon -r-ram-sata-drive-internal-black-ihas - cu Casecom CB- Mid ATX Tower Case http www ebuyer com -casecom-cb- -mid-atx-tower-case-cb- MSI HD GB DDR DVI HDMI DisplayPort PCI-E Graphics Card http www ebuyer com -msi-am - -bit-ddr -fan-dl-dvi-i-hdmi-dp-r - gd nbsp

A:Building new PC - help

Here's a video showing how to build a cheap pc -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgP25BBzf38

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-new-pc-help.1102484/
Relevancy 59.77%

Ok I ve finally decided to go ahead and upgrade I have ordered a Shuttle Building it! AK A MB W AMD athlon CPU and a cpu cooling fan for Athlons up to I intend to use my current case which is huge and has plenty of room I also intend to use my existing floppy cd-rom Building it! and Building it! burner as well as zip drive but I am upgrading the hard drive to a G I am also purchasing a new power supply W Antec smartpower Here s the deal I have RAM from my old setup and I believe it s pc SDRAM dimms Mb My new motherboard will support both DDR and SDRAM Actually here s the specs Memory - x -pin DIMM DDR - x -pin DIMM SDRAM - Supports banks up to GB DRAMs Mb x x DRAM technology for register DDR SDRAM module - Supports banks up to GB DRAMs Mb x x DRAM technology for unbuffered SDR SDRAM module Now does this mean I can use my existing RAM in this setup Before answering I should say that I plan to use XP PRO or WIndows Pro as my OS ANother question is can I combine the two RAM types and utilize all four banks or must they all be the same type of RAM This is a little fuzzy to me with this make and model of MB I am not sure about this but if I were to be abloe to do this would my over all RAM SPeed be only as fast as my slowest module If I can t use them in combo then DDR seems the way to go I think I d probably skip the pc crap and just buy a stick at a time as my budget allows of DDR dimms instead I can t help feeling that if I m going to go through all the trouble of a major upgrade I might as well not skimp on the RAM if it is going to make that big of a difference FOr instance how much faster would a stick of DDR be than Mb of PC Sdram Can someone shed some light on this Thanks nbsp

A:Building it!

Your existing RAM will work in that board.
No you can't mix the 2 ram types.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-it.4388/
Relevancy 59.77%

I am trying to set up my computer as a PVR. In order to do this, I need to run audio/video cables so that I can send data both ways. i.e. I want to run the video from my reciever to my computer, then record it, then be able to send it back to the reciever.

Is it possible to do all of this with one cable running from my reciever to my computer (they are in different rooms). I have video in and out on my ATI AIW 128.

I know that this is very easy if I just run two sets of RCA cables, but my wife would kill me. Thanks in advance.

A:Building a PVR

I'm not sure if you can do this with one RCA cable. If you absolutely had to do it with one cable, you would have to run back and forth between your PC and receiver, and switch plugs. That would be quite hard if you're trying two at the same time. I don't think S-Video will allow I/O on the same cable, so that wouldn't help...

Run two and wrap them in electrical tape so it only looks like one big one

BTW what do you mean by PVR? Personal Video Recorder or smth?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-pvr.4603/
Relevancy 59.77%

i decide to build a computer on my own because its better than buying a preasambled pc. i chose the parts and i want some help. it something wrong with this build?its something that i can replace ? cheaper possibility ? http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1vM3B. sorry for bad english

A:pc building

add a ssd hardrive (boot drive)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-building.1106802/