Windows Support Forum

[B]Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service[/B]

Q: [B]Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service[/B]

I logged on to my computer as an administrator and my desktop didnt display for about 4 minutes. There was only a black screen with the white mouse arrow on it. When the desktop had loaded a Windows notification
bubble popped up saying:

"Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification
Service service. This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the
system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond."

I don't believe that I have installed any software etc. recently that could have caused this problem to occur. It just randomly happened one day. In sync with this error I am unable to connect to the internet using my 3 mobile modem and my laptop isn't recognising any wireless signals bringing up the message:

"The dependency service or group failed to start"

My laptop is a Philips freevents 12NB5800 which uses vista.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: [B]Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service[/B]

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: [B]Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service[/B]

try loggin in as an admin and viewing hte error log like it said

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/b-windows-could-not-connect-to-the-system-event-notification-service-service-b-277883.html
Relevancy 105.4%

Hi i have a couple of users on our network not system service to could event the notification connect Windows who are receiving the following error on startup quot Windows could not connect to the system event notification service service Please contact your system administrator quot When this error is receive i always notice the startup time take an extra - minutes before it even gets to the login Windows could not connect to the system event notification service screen Once logged in the users gets the error Windows could not connect to the system event notification service after a minute it can automatically go back to the login screen or if you press OK it also goes back On second attempt it will log in with no errors So far form everything i have researched and tried nothing seem to fix the issue This is what i have checked and done Oh and these machines that are getting this error are on Windows We get no event viewer message or error about the issue -Made sure the services are running and started and set to automatic - mainly the Windows Event log COM etc everything is started as it should be -Rebuild WMI repository which did fix issue for a days then returned -Netsh catalogue reset and winsock reset -Tried Hotfix - KB -Made sure network drivers were updated and the latest -SFC scannow -HDD healthcheck done - is OK Anything anyone else can suggest would be great or if someone has been able to fix this issue permanantly please let me know Thanks Steve

A:Windows could not connect to the system event notification service

Have you tried this: Event ID 10 is logged in the Application log after you install Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/219368-windows-could-not-connect-system-event-notification-service.html
Relevancy 105.4%

Hi,

I got this error Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service.

And nvidia control panel doesn't start up.

Problems:

- Slow startup ("please wait" before login screen)
- NVidia Control Panel isnt working

Some Windows Updates was done yesterday i don't know if it's related.

Please help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/385557-windows-could-not-connect-system-event-notification-service.html
Relevancy 105.4%

So recently I had hardware issues and through warranty I had several replacements done Mobo Video cards ram sticks and the power supply After all that was fixed and replaced my computer seemed to have ran fine for a few days and it still technically is except for this could service event system the connect to not Windows notification problem The problem is when Windows could not connect to the system event notification service I log in into windows normally it takes a while for Windows to boot up I get a quot Please wait quot screen then after a long minute log in once inside windows I get the quot Windows could not connect to the system event notification service quot and the toolbar is grey all old school windows like The problem is the exact same as the issues found here except I am using Windows bit http social technet microsoft com - d def f http social technet microsoft com -de c cd In services the service is called System event notification it says that the service is running fine Even when i try to restart it it makes no difference at all As for in event viewer Im not to sure what to look for in there Ive looked at several familiar threads I did the sfc scannow twice i did a windows start up repair I disabled all non-windows services and even just tried restarting the service in services I'm not really sure what to do next I'm tempted to just to do a clean install However I am cautious on doing so in case its some kind of hardware problem Anyway do any of you have any recommendations or other possible solutions I havent tried yet Thanks in advance

A:Windows could not connect to the system event notification service

Through your post, I seemed to have missed your actual problem. Is it the system notification service in your title?

What are the particulars of the Event Viewer Error messages about that occurrence?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/244882-windows-could-not-connect-system-event-notification-service.html
Relevancy 99.82%

I get the error: Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service.
Regular users are unable to log on to the machine but Administrators are. The Event Viewer does not have any useful information. I performed a system restore to a previously working day but the error came back eventually. I have ran the command netsh winsock
reset many times to no avail. When I log in to the machine as Admin I can see that the service is started and it is set to Automatic yet the error persists. This has occurred on 2 Dell machines of different models. I had to completely reinstall the first one
to get the user back working but this is not really a solution.

Thanks

A:Could not connect to System Event Notification Service

I reinstalled Symantec Endpoint Protection from the computer and it now appears to be working. But I am skeptical and intend to keep a close eye. If anyone has any experience with this feel free to still chime in.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/21488611-2011-4242-90a5-ba1f536ca5f6/could-not-connect-to-system-event-notification-service?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 99.82%

My HP with Windows 7 suddenly gives me the following error message on startup: "Failed to connect to a Windows service: Could not connect to System Event Notification Service." Among other things, this prevents me from connecting to my wireless network, so I can't get on-line. . Rebooting doesn't help. And the problem occurs regardless of whether I sign on as administrator or as general user.

More: I can't access the Windows Help & Support pages. And I'm told to "see System Events log" for details, but when I try, it says "Event Log Service is unavailable."

I have tried netsh winsock reset but it doesnt help

Please help!

A:Could not connect to System Event Notification Service

Same problem exactly. Tried disabling Kaspersky (internet security 2011) and restarting, but no change. System's been buggy all along, so this just seems like the natural progression of things... But no network connection is pretty hard to work around!

For me this started after i interrupted a shut down by closing the laptop - which puts it into hibernation mid-shut down... Which may or may not be a contributing factor.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/could-not-connect-to-system-event-notification-service.999750/
Relevancy 99.82%

I have tried each and every one of the solutions on the forums and over here All Service to not Notification System connect Could the Event my drivers are up to date double checked I rolled back and uninstalled all updates Did sfc scannow three times and they passed without Could not connect to the System Event Notification Service any integrity violations I've tried netsh winsock reset as well The aero is gone greyed out plus I can't select any other theme and whenever I start up the computer it displays the message quot Could not connect to a Windows service quot This started happening about months ago when my laptop ran out of battery in hibernate mode It didn't resume so I had to press the power button again and then it took about minutes to boot with nothing but a black screen and the mouse there The audio service isn't running every time I boot up I have to right click and run troubleshooter to start it Does anyone have ANY idea what might be causing this How do I fix it I've uninstalled all the software that I installed before the error occured as well I'm using Windows Ultimate on a Sony Vaio VGN-NW GF Intel Duo core T and the ATI Radeon HD Graphics card

A:Could not connect to the System Event Notification Service

I would try a Repair Install as a last resort before running Vaio Factory Recovery from its partition - make the backup disks first as a secondary backup method.

However most tech enthusiasts want the better performance of a Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 using the Product Key on COA sticker. Everything you need is in the tutorial.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/224058-could-not-connect-system-event-notification-service.html
Relevancy 99.2%

Failed to connect to a windows service
Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents standard users from logging on to the system. As as administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d510a61e-8a28-4492-ad51-870fb73863d1/windows-could-not-connect-to-the-system-event-notification-service-in-windows-7-professional?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 98.58%

This Error popped up on my Screen today

My Nvidia control panel, among other programs do not seem to start with windows any more ( i noticed this right away because my screen configuration had changed)
I have checked the service and all of its dependencies and all of them are working fine. a quick Google search yielded no fixes that worked for me and I'm stumped as how to solve this

Thanks In Advance

Garrett

A:Failed to connect to System Event Notification Service

Usually it's a driver or COM component that's causing this. What does your Application and System event log show you as warnings or errors?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/251227-failed-connect-system-event-notification-service.html
Relevancy 98.58%

I know there was a thread earlier about the same issue but the solution doesn't seem to work for me.

This is the message i am getting on startup:

"Failed to connect to a windows service.
Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond."

The message comes with a very slow start up.

The computer doesn't seem to recognize any of the wireless networks either, so i currently can't connect to the internet either. So i am using a different computer right now.

I am using a Gateway T-1620 with Windows Vista Home Premium 32. Microsoft Security essentials is running and the firewall is down.

Relevancy 98.58%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8500 @ 3.16GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 6
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3325 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 466635 MB, Free - 283303 MB; D: Total - 10239 MB, Free - 3492 MB; G: Total - 476821 MB, Free - 37511 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc, 0PP150, A00, ..CN7082186G50HH.
Antivirus: Norton Security Suite, Updated and Enabled

Error message appears on startup, usually clears upon clicking "Try again", then computer runs normally. It appears to boot up somewhat slower as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/could-not-connect-to-system-event-notification-service.1023264/
Relevancy 97.65%

I dug around quite a bit I really hope this hasn t already been a thread quot Failed to connect to a windows service Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the system As an administrative user you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn t respond quot This message comes with slow start up and Solved: failed System Notification Service, connect Event to shut downs that occasionally freeze Another strange symptom is that sometimes about every other time Solved: System Event Notification Service, failed to connect I boot up the computer it loses the shiny-black Vista theme Not so much a concern of aesthetic and more a note of wonkiness The laptop was sluggish recently and I was doing some cleaning defrags registry cleaning virus spyware scans etc I have a theory my sweep with CCleaner may have done something it really shouldn t have I m unsure what to do about this if it is true though because although I didn t delete them all my restore points are gone I also recently changed the virtual memory size if that is relevant Also uncertain of relevancy but the worst of it Service message began while I was toying around between Pidgin and Trillian Trillian crashed something There are so many event logs now that I m not able to figure out what it was I m really not as familiar with the workings of this computer as I wish I was I m really not certain about how to diagnos a problem from what I see I ve also never really gone to a tech forum before if you need more info you ll probably have to tell me how where to get it It is an Inspiron with Windows Vista Home Premium post SP- MB RAM and a GB HDD Also running AVG Window s Defender is down Firewall is on nbsp

Relevancy 97.65%

Gringo_Pr,

I am wondering if my system may have gotten a virus.  On boot and attempting to log in I frequently get a message "Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service."  When it does this I get a message that it can't access my profile too.  It then uses the default.

I have run Microsoft Security Essentials, Malware Bytes and Spybot.  They don't seem to find anything.  But I am not convinced.  In browsing my event viewer - system I see system services that crash and restart.  So, either my machine has a virus or it is starting to fail. :-( 

Thanks in advance for taking on another challenge.

Orcldude

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/514309/am-i-infected-unable-to-connect-to-system-event-notification-service/
Relevancy 96.72%

when i boot up my laptop now it comes up with failed to connec to a windows service sytem even notification service, this is stopping me getting on to interner etc,

i have tried a REPAIR, done a cold boot, done netsh winsock reset
restarted laptop

and it still stays the same

i see there is a suggestion to delete the winsock services hivekey in registry is this safe to do. i dont want to make it even worse,. but at moment nothing is working whatever i try.

please helo i did get error 1747 as well i cant start the services they are in starting mode and wont stop or start (greyed out options)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511245/when-starting-computer-failed-to-connect-to-system-event-notification-service/
Relevancy 96.41%

I have been getting the following errors when I try to log into my account.

The system event notification service service failed the logon an attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist

I created a built-in-administrator and I am able to get into safe mode though not able to run many programs on it such as control panel and start up repair. I looked at my registry and both of my accounts look fine neither of them had a .bak on the end and so I'm not sure how to fix this if my only option is to delete my user account. I've already done a system restore to a couple days before this happened but, I'm still locked out of everything.

Is there anything else I can do that might help?

A:The system event notification service service failed logon ... token does not exist

Google led me to this post as I was researching the problem myself. I encountered the same issue. In this case on a vista32 ultimate box (although I do own an x64 box in case somebody thinks I'm blasphemous posting here ).

I haven't completely fixed the issue yet but I've gotten a bit further so in hopes of helping the next person here are the steps I've taken.

I was able to log in successfully in safe mode (hit F8 while starting up, select safe mode). Once there I went to command prompt (click the start button, type "cmd" [without the quotes] in the search bar and hit enter. From command prompt type services.msc to launch the services control panel. Find the System Event Notification Service, right click, select properties, change it from automatic startup to disabled, apply the change and "OK" out of the dialog box. You can now restart the computer and log in normally.

This isn't really a fix, it's a temporary work-around. SENS is needed for COM+ to respond to things like login and startup events. I've also noticed that my system is very slow right now. My next step is to find a way to generate a new token for SENS and then hopefully I'll be back at 100%. I currently have Dell researching that for me (this happens to be a Dell laptop). If I get a solution short of a reinstall to that one I'll post it too.

Hope this is helpful for someone. Good luck.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/194306-system-event-notification-service-service-failed-logon-token-does-not-exist.html
Relevancy 94.86%

Today I booted up my laptop to get this screen - my desktop without an aero theme and the error message on-screen.

Nothing unusual happened last time I used my PC. No installation or updates that I am aware of.

The computer cannot shut down properly now either, it just hangs after the desktop icons are gone. I am forced to hard shutdown.

http://i.imgur.com/S2N6EGp.jpg

Any ideas?

I doubt its malware but will run scans soon to double check.

A:"windows could not connect to the system event notification service"

The service has apparently started though:

http://i.imgur.com/LEuXUAC.png

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-could-not-connect-to-the-system-event-notification-service-718321.html
Relevancy 86.18%

Hi.
After uninstalling a trial version of "Acrobat" pre-loaded on my laptop I receive a message "Windows could not connect to the system event notification service".
System event log entry is the same as thread Vista Event ID: 10 WMI ; which is a closed thread without "detailed" steps to resolve problem, merely stating "Deleted contents of Repostory & rebooted".
Can anyone please help further.
Many thanks.

A:System Event Notification Service

I'm unsure if this is the correct thing to do - but here's how to clear the repository (originally found at this link: Repairing and re-registering the WMI ):

Open an elevated (run as Administrator) Command Prompt and type
"net stop winmgmt" (without quotes) and press Enter.
Leave this window open as you'll reuse it again later.

Open Windows Explorer, navigate to %windir%\System32\Wbem\Repository (%windir% is usually C:\Windows ). Rename the Repository folder to Repository_OLD
Then close Windows Explorer

Go back to the elevated Command Prompt and type:
"net start winmgmt" (without the quotes) and press Enter

Then type "exit" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Then close the elevated Command Prompt window and see if that fixed things.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/289312-system-event-notification-service.html
Relevancy 86.18%

Hello,
New to WindowsXP (Pro) ,I did some reading here and there,
visited the commonly referenced sites in the forums like ElderGeek
and BlackViper's but it's not clear to me if I need some stuff running...

Have some of you disabled the above SENS service and/or
COM+ Event System service at your system ?
Did you have any problems ?
(I don't like all this logging and -maybe- useless processing)

I have a standalone PC connected with a modem to the Net.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

A:System Event Notification service

edsod said:

Hello,
New to WindowsXP (Pro) ,I did some reading here and there,
visited the commonly referenced sites in the forums like ElderGeek
and BlackViper's but it's not clear to me if I need some stuff running...

Have some of you disabled the above SENS service and/or
COM+ Event System service at your system ?
Did you have any problems ?
(I don't like all this logging and -maybe- useless processing)

I have a standalone PC connected with a modem to the Net.

Thanks in advance for any responses. Click to expand...
I have com + event on manual and system event on auto

I do however have quite a few others shutdown and here is my preferred site to read on those services.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-event-notification-service.230385/
Relevancy 85.25%

hi!

I am using win 7 home basic edition.
There was a power failure and could not shut down the system.
when i started the system it gave me this error.

Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification
Service service. This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the
system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for
details about why the service didn't respond.

i have also booted in safe mode and went to the command prompt in safe mode and did a netsh winsock reset.But still i am getting this error.does anybody know a solution to this problem?

Thanks
Mahesh

A:System event notification service error!!!

Try using system restore. I am quite certain that will resolve your problem

System Restore

You may try an sfc scan first, but I am not as certain about the results.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/107201-system-event-notification-service-error.html
Relevancy 85.25%

Every time I start my computer and log in, an error message pops up when I get to my desktop:Failed to connect to a windows service.Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond.How can I fix this?

A:System event notification service not starting

Type services.msc in the start search box. click on the icon, Windows services will open.Scroll down to System Event Notification, right click and choose properties. In the dropdown box, set it to Automatic and start the service.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/380518/system-event-notification-service-not-starting/
Relevancy 85.25%

I have a problem with the system event notification service. Whenever I use my Asus V1JP-AK028E with Vista Business to access any Standard User account, it comes up with an error message - "Login failed, System Event Notification Service service could not start. Contact a system administrator".

When using password login to a Maintenance account I created, it comes up with the same error. This is an administrator account. When using fingerprint login to this account, it works, but the error message comes up in a popup when I first see my desktop, and then I'm logged off.

This was new yesterday, and I don't have the Vista Business disk, because it was preinstalled by PowerPlay Direct Ltd. If anyone has any ideas, please email me on [email protected] Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/system-event-notification-service-error-157333.html
Relevancy 84.32%

My laptop using Vista Home Premium as developed a fault which means I cannot logon to the internet through my wireless connection. It takes minutes to boot up and comes up with an error message "failed to connect to a windows service. windows could not connect to system event notification service etc". I have researched this on the net and after trying several fixes including "restore", "deleting the latest windows updates" and "uninstalling HP printer software" all to no avail. Can anyone out there offer other solutions?

A:System Event Notification Service Logon failure

Hello rellarby,
Have you installed/un-installed any hardware/software lately ?, this will sometimes cause your system to do odd things.
The first thing i would try is a system restore, to a point before you had this problem.

System Restore - How to

Give it a try and post your results, good luck.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/261343-system-event-notification-service-logon-failure.html
Relevancy 84.32%

I am currently using Windows 8.1
2 days before I updated my PC to 8.1 from 8
Then last night I kept Asphalt 8 for downloading from the store
And in the morning I shut down the PC and after several minutes
when I turn on my PC it shows somewhat like this :

"The System Event Notification Service service failed the sign-in.
Function could not be executed"

And the PC also doesn't shut down I have to force shut down it.
So please help, it's not starting at all. I even tried in Safe Mode
but it shows somewhat like this when I open MSCONFIG
and disable startup items

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/40622-system-event-notification-service-failed-sign.html
Relevancy 84.32%

Windows 7 64-bit SP15

My Dell Latitude e6420 is having problems as of the past week. An error comes up on every reboot or startup of my machine. The "Failed to Start System Event Notification Service" error would come up on my screen down in the taskbar. Details below of startup:Laptop comes up slow.
Login and once desktop shows that error appears on my screen and sometimes my audio service isn't working (but it can't be the the driver for my video/audio card because sometimes it works and other things will crash meaning a corruption of some system driver.)
Takes 5-10 minutes for machine to fully boot.
Look at event log and shows Event ID Error 7026 every reboot.
I cannot find a fix for this error and nothing seems to be working. Please help with any information. Thanks.

A:Failed to Start System Event Notification Service

Windows Server 2008: Event ID 7026 this article just says what you are thinking seems to be correct. have you looked in device manager to see if there are any warning signs in there?
when your in event viewer, isn't there a link with the error that gives some help?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/failed-to-start-system-event-notification-service-597183.html
Relevancy 83.39%

Hi guys,

Everytime I start my computer, it starts in the Windows Classic theme, with Aero disabled, and unable to be turned back on.
In addition to this there is a pop-up that says
"Failed to connect to a Windows Service"
"System Event Notification Service"

The Aero issue can be temporarily resolved by switching user to another one, then logging out of the other user, then back into the main account.

I have an Asus G51Jx with:
Core i7 Q 720 Hyperthreaded Quad core @ 1.65GHz
nVidia GTS 360M @ 550Mhz
500GB 7200rpm HDD

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Stu

A:Having issues with Aero and a System Event Notification Service Error

Every user can have their/there own theme. See if this will help.
Theme - Specify Default Theme to Load for New Users

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/256341-having-issues-aero-system-event-notification-service-error.html
Relevancy 82.15%

My computer recently started having issues here is what is going on boot computer Windows boot screen displayed notification to conect service" Windows system to event " failed minute screen goes black Can move mouse Drive light constantly on not blinking minutes log in screen comes up log in Desktop loads minute gt sometimes it loads with regular windows aero theme other times it loads with basic windows classic theme Error message pop up quot failed to connect to System event notification service quot Have to wait for about more minutes before computer is actually usable The audio service does not work as well from when I press the power button to when I can actually use my computer takes - minutes Here is what I have tried so far Turning off all start up programs services Tested Memory - passed Hard Drive Self Windows failed to conect to " system event notification service" Test ---- - fail I am guessing that this is the source of the problem however my computer does still work once everything is finally booted So I don't know what to do with that information or if that test even matters I have tried looking at the event Windows failed to conect to " system event notification service" viewer but every time it says that the event log service is unavailable gt I try turning on Windows Event Log but that does not change anything tried quot netsh winsock reset quot in command prompt based on a different thread that I found - it didn't work bit Windows untimate clean install from usb iso post resolution to bootsect exe issue running on dell poweredge sc quot No Audio Output Device is installed quot hardware issue Win has never detected or installed drivers for Ensoniq es sound card Specs below OS Name Microsoft Windows Ultimate Version Service Pack Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name System Manufacturer Dell Inc System Model PowerEdge SC System Type x -based PC Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date Dell Inc A SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot User Name Time Zone Pacific Daylight Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory MB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys Cant seem to find any info on sevenforums or microsoft technet or cnet or WELL Any where Microsoft fix it no problems detected Please any help greatly appreciated

A:Windows failed to conect to " system event notification service"

This seems to be a common problem, I am now also experiencing the same.
I have Win 7 Home Premium 64. Did chkdsk /r, defragged, tried sfc/scannow scanned for viruses and even tried reseting winsock.
My aero themes are greyed out, when trying to fix it with MS fixit it errors out.
It takes a long time to boot and then says "failed to connect to System event notification service"

One search on google will show this is a major problem, so why does MS not come out with a fix.
This seems to be the biggest frustration with Win 7 compared to XP, lack of support from MS.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/161341-windows-failed-conect-system-event-notification-service.html
Relevancy 82.15%

Please Help My HP running Vista Home Basic suddenly gave me the following error message on startup quot Failed to connect to a Windows service Could not connect to System Event Notification Service quot Among other things this prevents me from connecting to my internet network so I can't get on-line Rebooting did not help Following the google search I used an elevated command prompt click Start click All Programs click Accessories right-click Command Prompt and then click Run as administrator and typing quot NETSH WINSOCK RESET quot then press the Enter Notification Event "System Vista: Service"? Windows key and then restart the computer I still cannot access my internet network instead of not connection now I get the message quot unidentified network Windows Vista: "System Event Notification Service"? quot and I still cannot go online although there I have some Mbs It sais I do not understand this text quot What netsh winsock reset command does are it resets Winsock Catalog to a clean state or default configuration It removes all Winsock LSP Layered Service Providers previously installed including the potential malfunctioned LSP that causes loss of network packets transmission failure So all previously-installed LSPs must be reinstalled This command does not affect Winsock Name Space Provider entries quot Please help me with the next step in order to be able to go online from my computer Thank you

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/226767-windows-vista-system-event-notification-service.html
Relevancy 80.6%

Hello there, I'm having some major issues. When I boot up my computer, it gives me this error:I think it might be malware related. A system reformat is not an option and I do not have Windows install discs. I am running Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 and Unfortunately this is on my school laptop Does anyone have any ideas as to how to resolve this issue?I appreciate any help you can provide to me.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/341284/windows-event-notification-service-cannot-be-started/
Relevancy 104.92%

My 6-week-old Dell running Vista Home Basic suddenly gives me the following error message on startup: "Failed to connect to a Windows service: Could not connect to System Event Notification Service." Among other things, this prevents me from connecting to my wireless network, so I can't get on-line. It also prevents several programs within Kaspersky Internet Security from starting. Rebooting doesn't help. And the problem occurs regardless of whether I sign on as administrator or as general user.

More: I can't access the Windows Help & Support pages. And I'm told to "see System Events log" for details, but when I try, it says "Event Log Service is unavailable." When I try System Restore, it says "back-up hasn't been set up." (Aren't restore points set automatically?)

Please help!

Relevancy 103.2%

I have an event error message "SPP Notification Service event id 7023" at windows 7.

The event viewer file is attached.

Please let me know how to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance.

A:SPP Notification Service event id 7023

It looks like it might be an important service based on a quick look on google. Open an elevated command prompt and run "SFC /scannow". It will detect any system file errors and attempt to repair them. If it can't repair them, do a repair install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/102111-spp-notification-service-event-id-7023-a.html
Relevancy 102.34%

2 days ago my laptop started acting funnily and stopped doing things like playing dvds and there appeared to be some changes to the screen and tool bars and message boxes.
The error message popped up in the bottom right-hand corner= "System Event Notification Service is not working, as an administrative user you can review the system event log".
Would really appreciate any tips on how to fix this as I know NOTHING about computers. Its is a sony vaio laptop, model PCG-7134M.
Thanks so much, look forward to hearing everyone's ideas asap! xxx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sysetm-event-notification-service-not-working-please-help.984776/
Relevancy 91.59%

Okay this problem has been seen plenty of times by others so I've read some threads now offering a fix but none of them solves the problem Upon booting Windows after entering my password for several minutes I see the message quot Please wait for the System Event Notification Service quot or words to that effect After a while the machine finishes booting and the desktop shows up but immediately a message shows up near the notification area reading Quote quot Failed to connect Event Can't Notification Crisis! Connect System Nothing helps! to Svc- to a windows service Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service This problem prevents standard users from logging on to the system As an administrative user you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond quot But it's lying You cannot use the event viewer if the System Event Notification Service isn't running BTW SENS System Event Notification Service is set to start automatically If it matters the last things I did prior to encountering this problem were Uninstalled iTunes Installed older version of iTunes iTunes failed to launch properly due to various error messages Performed System Restore from last night before step occurred then rebooted SENS problem first appeared and when I finally got Crisis! Can't Connect to System Event Notification Svc- Nothing helps! to the desktop I saw a message saying that the System Restore failed and that I should try again Every subsequent System Restore I tried failed in the same way as --- One alleged quot fix quot was to boot into Safe Mode start the SENS then run the event viewer but in my case I absolutely cannot start SENS So I cannot run the event viewer either --- Another alleged quot fix quot was to use the command quot netsh winsock Crisis! Can't Connect to System Event Notification Svc- Nothing helps! reset quot but whether in Safe Mode or not although the command completed normally it did not Crisis! Can't Connect to System Event Notification Svc- Nothing helps! fix the problem --- Another alleged quot fix quot was to run quot SFC Scannow quot This is something I do fairly often but it doesn't fix this problem --- Another alleged quot fix quot is to startup without any user startup programs and without any non-Microsoft services as follows Clean Boot Run msconfig Chose quot Selective Startup quot Disable quot Load startup items quot Go to Services tab select Hide All Microsoft Services Select quot Disable All quot to disable all non-MS services Reboot But this did not fix the problem either --- Another alleged quot fix quot was to stop the Font Cache service rename the font cache to old then reboot But this did not fix the problem either --- Another alleged quot fix quot was to delete all the files under quot C Windows System winevt Logs quot This didn't work either -- Another alleged quot fix quot is to run a Hotfix described at KB Weirdly you're not allowed to just download the Hotfix MS actually REQUIRES that you request that the link to the file be emailed to you I made that request at pm local time but it's pm now and I still haven't received the email I'll try it when I MS decides they can trust me with it but does anyone have any other suggestions as to how to fix this crisis Thanks

A:Crisis! Can't Connect to System Event Notification Svc- Nothing helps!

Quote: Originally Posted by Thenin

...You cannot use the event viewer if the System Event Notification Service isn't running!...

Sadly, you have multiple issues. I have no problem seeing the event logs while SENS is stopped/disabled... even after restarting the W7pro64bit Virtual Machine.

Perhaps I got to the log files in a way that is different than what you tried. I did the following:

Start > right-click on Computer
Select Manage from the context menu.
Drill down to the event log of interest.

After selecting a particular log (e.g. System) I did have to let it sit for several seconds before the middle pane populated with info. I have seen this take several minutes. You might try leaving it selected over night :-(

I'm not a big fan of the System Restore process. You might be looking at doing a Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/377825-crisis-cant-connect-system-event-notification-svc-nothing-helps.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Hello Members!Please refer to the attached Pictorial description, & help assess the background System service/services causing this Notification window to pop-up during System startup albeit once!Yes the "Security Center" service has been set to >Manual< & even my User-account control associated notifications have also been set to >Never-Notify<...then which else Service can be held responsible for prompting such a message? This message is shortlived & pops-up from the extreme right hand corner of the taskbar & then disappears after a few seconds!Thankfully, this do not returns until the PC is turned ON again!Which service could be defying the 'No Notification' as set within the User Accounts Control settings?Help will be sincerely appreciated.Thank you.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,157737.0.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Hi There--please be patient with me this is the first time i have ever tried to post on forum sites My computer has recently been playing up at the startup I keep getting the Vista notifcation service event system above notices and my computer will not connect to the internet--I have only been able to connect by turning the computer Vista system event notifcation service back by doing a system restore I have as you instructed run the tool as posted the information below I am not very techhy so any instructions to help could they be made simple basically and idiots guide Hopefully i have done this alright for you --dont know what these tags things are for a bottom of post so i have just missed them out kind regards Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU E GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD PRO Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc RY Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 87.72%

Help please I cannot provide my operating system for the computer that I am having issues with bc it will not let me connect to the internet connect not connect could the E to service: System Windows to windows Failed a to at all or pretty much do anything Here is my problems and I at this time have my daughter has only had this laptop since which is a HP G and it is running Windows Vista Home Premium And now we have problems I have this very same laptop that was purchased the same day and I am having none of these issues yet Can someone please tell me what to do I hope I am posting correctly also Failed to connect to a windows service Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the system As an administrator user you can review the Failed to connect to a windows service: Windows could not connect to the System E System Event Log for Failed to connect to a windows service: Windows could not connect to the System E details about why the service didn t respond The second problem is that when I insert my Sierra Wireless AC U and click to start the AT amp T service it says quot Corruption has been detected in FeatureManagerSetting backup file has been loaded The third problem is I keep getting a Windows Explorer error nbsp

A:Failed to connect to a windows service: Windows could not connect to the System E

Fixed

Ok well thanks to posts from markiepoos I was able to finally fix the problem...

:wave:

Thanks again,
Addierae

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/failed-to-connect-to-a-windows-service-windows-could-not-connect-to-the-system-e.134669/
Relevancy 87.29%

Hi guys everytime i turn on my pc and look at my Event Viewer log i see Service Control Manager Error does anyone know how to fix this problem Here are the details System - Provider Name Service Control Manager Guid d -a d - - e e- d f EventSourceName Service Control Manager - EventID Qualifiers Version Level Task Opcode Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Correlation - Execution ProcessID ThreadID Channel System Computer Amir-PC Security - EventData System Viewer Service Control Event Manager param Diagnostic Service Host param im using OS Windows Home Premium x SP CPU Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P Z -V GEN Memory G SKILL Sniper Series GB DDR PC Graphics Card ASUS GTX TI-DC O- GD Sound Card HT OMEGA Claro Halo Monitor s Displays ASUS VE H Black quot ms Screen Resolution x its just every time i open my event viewer log i see this error on it can someone explain to me how Service Control Manager Event Viewer System to fix it thanks

A:Service Control Manager Event Viewer System

Hi can you try the sfc /scannow command and see if it finds anything? SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/286901-service-control-manager-event-viewer-system.html
Relevancy 87.29%

Having lots of problems around COM+, but root appears to be that the COM+ Event System does not remain started - (Event ID 7023).

This seems to cause other "Events" involving COM+ and VSS. Event IDs received include:

4455, 4689, 4822, 7001, 7031, 7034, 7036, 8193

This is an XP Home system.

Any ideas that we might try would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Evelyn

A:COM+ Event System service starts then immediately stops

Hello EvelynH, and welcome to TSF:

Com+ could be a form of malware.

Please read this thread

Please download HijackThis . This program will help us
determine if there are any spyware/malware on your computer. Double-click on the file you just downloaded. Click
on the "Unzip" button to install. It will by default install to the directory - C:\PROGRAM FILES\HIJACKTHIS\
Run a scan and save the log file. Do not fix anything in HijackThis since they may be harmless.
Make sure to include the System information at the top of the log as well.

Post your HJT log in HJT Log Help Forum
and an analyst will help you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/com-event-system-service-starts-then-immediately-stops-138255.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi, I have win8 Enterprise. when i connection to internet two service with names service host: Network service and service host: local system download automatically, i thought that it relate to windows update but automatic update is off and my windows is up to date. what is the problem? what can i do that stop them's download?

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/11893-service-host-network-service-service-host-local-system-download-auto.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi

I have an Active Directory Domain with Win2008R2 DCs and Win7 clients.
From about 2 months ago some of my clients complain about time of the system which is behind the DC time.
When I nailed the problem I noticed permissions of folder
"C:\Windows\System32\LogFiles\wmi\RtBackup" folder is the key to the problem. Group 'System' should have access to this folder and

based on some unknown reasons this permission is deleted.
Because of this permission problem, 'Windows Event Log' service is stopped either.
When I correct the permission and reboot the clients, every thing works fine.

Do you know what is causing this problem? What is changing permissions of RtBackup folder?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9b94ddad-5cc1-4859-9ec9-d8d6c6b38dd8/windows-event-log-service-crash?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 82.56%

Recently this has been happening: http://i.imgur.com/1Mc7v1B.png
So I ran a search and found this: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/494636/service-host-local-system-cpumemory-hog/
Is this still the best way to go about fixing it? If so, would anyone mind looking at the results for me?
I'm on Windows 8.
I have an intel i72700k and 16 gigs of RAM.
Bonus problem: My CPU is going up to the high 50% range usage and I'm not running anything big or much of anything period, going into task manager reveals that a large majority of the CPU is being used by nothing.

A:Service Host: Local System/Service Taking Too Much Memory

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me. Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the scan log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Desktop.Unzip downloaded file.Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exeFollow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.When done, please po... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536604/service-host-local-systemservice-taking-too-much-memory/
Relevancy 82.56%

Does anyone know how to disable Printing notification pop up, after a user prints a document?

I have search Microsoft for this, but whatever they have posted - did not work.

any suggestions.

Please and Thanks.

A:[Solved] Disabling Printing Notification/ Messenger service - Windows 2000

DimensionX said:

Does anyone know how to disable Printing notification pop up, after a user prints a document?

I have search Microsoft for this, but whatever they have posted - did not work.

any suggestions.

Please and Thanks.Click to expand...
This may be what you are looking for ( Shoot the Messenger ). In any event there is some other nice stuff at this site.
http://www.grc.com/stm/shootthemessenger.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-disabling-printing-notification-messenger-service-windows-2000.271666/
Relevancy 81.7%

The Microsoft NET Framework NGEN v X service is marked as an interactive service However the system is configured to not allow interactive services This service may not function properly This seems an system is is service. However, interactive service marked as configured the to be my issue but I'm sure it's a combination of things that have led to this point I use a program for work that stops working when I select a particular tool It may stop working when I use other things but since it's the most important toll in the program I service is marked as an interactive service. However, the system is configured haven't tried to use anything else The program is Autodesk Revit The tool is the lione tool Whenever I select the line tool the program crashes My browser also redirects to an ad site every so many clicks When I view the event viewer the error I see most is NET Runtime version - Failed to CoCreate profiler Whenever I try to manually start the following service clr optimization v - Microsoft NET Framework NGEN v X it says service started and service is marked as an interactive service. However, the system is configured stopped automatically some services do not start if there is nothing using them The title of the post is from the events viewer directly related to when I tried to start the service I have also set the service to start automatically but does not fix the autodesk issue The reason I think it's related is because of the error above that occurs when the line tool fails I have tried malwarebytes avg free version and windows defender malwarebytes and avg did not find anything but woindows defender found trojans and a keygen java blacole times Win Coremhead Win keygen The redirect goes to several sites but the most memorable is Quibids com I have tried to repair net installation as well as remove the above trojans Windows security essentials says they have been removed but the services still won't start and Revit still crashes I have run other things like tdskiller and combofix and roguekillewr and FSS mainly based on other foirum posts but I've tried so many other things in between I'm not sure if they helped or hindered I have restored the computer to the earliest point I could which was I'm sure it was infected prior to that because there were no other restore points before that date even though I had set them up earlier That date was probably available because i had notice issues a while ago and probably set it up or turned it on againat that point Windows Home premium service pack bit Anything to help would be greatly appreciated Thank you

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/498675/service-is-marked-as-an-interactive-service-however-the-system-is-configured/
Relevancy 80.84%

Okay, I am a pretty technical user, and I am really struggling with this issue, and I wasn't 100% sure which section to post this in. I used to share videos over my network with multiple xboxs and a ps3. I recently installed Norton Internet Security on my system, and after doing so, I was not able to stream videos anymore. I tried changing firewall settings, and permissions and such, but could not get it to work, so I uninstalled NIS from my system. After doing so, the Windows 7 firewall service will not start. If i look at the event log, it gives me Event ID 7024 : The Windows Firewall service terminated with service-specific error Access is denied.. I have run the norton removal tool, and this has not fixed the problem.

A:Windows 7 firewall service will not start. Event ID 7024

I solved the problem! I followed the instructions here.
Windows Firewall damaged by &#39;Windows 7 antivirus 2012&#39;

Sorry to bother you guys.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/249192-windows-7-firewall-service-will-not-start-event-id-7024-a.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi all,

i tried loading the eventvwr.msc file from system32 folder directly as well as from the administrator tools, but i get:

"event log service is unavailable. verify that the service is running."

so i try to start the event log service, from the services.msc program;
whenever i try to start windows event log from services i get the message:

"Windows could not start the windows event log service on local computer.
Error 3: The system cannot find the path specified."

how can i specify the path?
or
how can i resolve the problem?

any help would be appreciated please---thanks

A:HELP need to solve this problem asap - Unable to start event viewer/event log service

Fire up regedit and find this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog

With "Eventlog" highlighted on the left pane, you should be able to see a value called "ImagePath" on the right. ImagePath should be equal to this:

%SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted

If you can't see "ImagePath" in that location, or if it's not set to the text above, that's almost certainly your problem. If you're in the habit of using "registry cleaners", that might be the cause.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/223413-help-need-solve-problem-asap-unable-start-event-viewer-event-log-service.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi all,

i tried loading the eventvwr.msc file from system32 folder directly as well as from the administrator tools, but i get:

"event log service is unavailable. verify that the service is running."

so i try to start the event log service, from the services.msc program;
whenever i try to start windows event log from services i get the message:

"Windows could not start the windows event log service on local computer.
Error 3: The system cannot find the path specified."

how can i specify the path?
or
how can i resolve the problem?

any help would be appreciated please---thanks

A:Unable to start event viewer/event log service on vista

By the way the OS is a Vista Home Prem without SP1. and i have searched this problem extensively, finding no solutions.

If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-start-event-viewer-event-log-service-on-vista-367739.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Basic Info about my Computer:
Windows 7 Home Service Pack x64
The original installed OS on the laptop
OEM (came pre-installed)
The laptop was first booted in August 2010
I haven't reinstalled the OS

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 4105
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 101
BCP1: 00000028
BCP2: 00000002
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: FFFFF8800194CB2C
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1
Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\111211-18454-01.dmp
C:\Users\Venom\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-60481-0.sysdata.xml

I followed all the BSOD Posting instructions too, everything should be in order. Please let me know when the fix is available, I really appreciate all the help and work everyone has put in. Thanks!

A:Problem Event Name: BlueScreen windows 7 Home Service Pack 64x

Quote: Originally Posted by vibasu

Basic Info about my Computer:
Windows 7 Home Service Pack x64
The original installed OS on the laptop
OEM (came pre-installed)
The laptop was first booted in August 2010
I haven't reinstalled the OS

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 4105
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 101
BCP1: 00000028
BCP2: 00000002
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: FFFFF8800194CB2C
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1
Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\111211-18454-01.dmp
C:\Users\Venom\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-60481-0.sysdata.xml

I followed all the BSOD Posting instructions too, everything should be in order. Please let me know when the fix is available, I really appreciate all the help and work everyone has put in. Thanks!

Blamed on Netio.sys, it usually means your malware app. I would remove McAffe and replace with Microsot Security essentials at least to test.

How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee consumer products using the McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool (MCPR.exe)

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

The BCC suggests
Best advice that I've seen about this error (from here: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tml#post356791 )

Quote:
What you're looking for will be in one of the following categories:

a) BIOS bug
b) a driver whose activity is causing the target processor to lock up
c) a hardware defect (temperature, voltage, dust, RFI, outright borkedness...)

So, check the drivers
Then check the inside of the case (temperature, voltage, dust, etc).
Then run some hardware stress tests

Quote:
Try this free video stress test: http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/
Try this free stress test: Free Software - GIMPS

Quote:
Prime95 Setup:
- extract the contents of the zip file to a location of your choice
- double click on the executable file
- select "Just stress testing"
- select the "Blend" test. If you've already run MemTest overnight you may want to run the "Small FFTs" test instead.
- "Number of torture test threads to run" should equal the number of CPU's times 2 (if you're using hyperthreading).
The easiest way to figure this out is to go to Task Manager...Performance tab - and see the number of boxes under CPU Usage History
Then run the test for 6 to 24 hours - or until you get errors (whichever comes first).
The Test selection box and the stress.txt file describes what components that the program stresses.

Then try replacing parts.
Then look up the versions of your BIOS to see what changes were done.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/197072-problem-event-name-bluescreen-windows-7-home-service-pack-64x.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hiya There is a flaw in the Winsock Proxy service in Microsoft Proxy Server and the Microsoft Firewall service in ISA Server that would allow an attacker on the internal network to send a specially crafted packet that would cause the server to stop responding to internal and external requests Receipt of such a packet would cause Denial Service Service Cause Can ISA Winsock Service Firewall Of In Flaw Proxy And CPU utilization on the server to reach and thus make the server unresponsive The Winsock Proxy service and Microsoft Firewall service work with FTP telnet mail Flaw In Winsock Proxy Service And ISA Firewall Service Can Cause Denial Of Service news Internet Relay Chat IRC or other client applications that are compatible with Flaw In Winsock Proxy Service And ISA Firewall Service Can Cause Denial Of Service Windows Sockets Winsock These services allow these applications to perform as if they were directly connected to the Internet These services redirect the necessary communications functions to a Proxy Server or ISA Server computer thus establishing a communication path from the internal application to the Internet through it Maximum Severity Rating Important Affected Software Microsoft Proxy Server Microsoft ISA Server Download locations for this patch Proxy Server http microsoft com downloads deta B - FB- EB-BAFD- A D E amp displaylang en ISA Server English http microsoft com downloads deta D -A - - B - C amp displaylang en French http microsoft com downloads deta D -A - - B - C amp displaylang fr German http microsoft com downloads deta D -A - - B - C amp displaylang de Spanish http microsoft com downloads deta D -A - - B - C amp displaylang es Japanese http microsoft com downloads deta D -A - - B - C amp displaylang ja http www microsoft com technet treeview default asp url technet security bulletin MS - asp Regards eddie nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/flaw-in-winsock-proxy-service-and-isa-firewall-service-can-cause-denial-of-service.128151/
Relevancy 78.69%

I am logged on as administrator.  Usin Win7 Ultimate 32 bit.  can not start Event Log service.  Any suggestions?

A:Windows could not start the Windows Event Log service on Local Compurter. Error 5: Access is denied

Hi Bob,

This issue can be caused due to the incorrect permission settings for the administrators group.

I would like to suggest you perform the following steps to troubleshoot the issue.

1. In the "Start" menu, locate "Command Prompt". Right-click and choose "Run as Administrator". If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

2. Type the following commands, then press "Enter" to execute them one by one. Please note the space before the command and its parameter.

takeown /f C:\windows\system32\logfiles\wmi\rtbackup
cacls C:\windows\system32\logfiles\wmi\rtbackup /G administrators:F

3.   Restart the computer to check the issue.

What’s the result?Arthur Li - MSFT

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/44479c49-55e6-4bd7-b25e-3f2a6497306e/windows-could-not-start-the-windows-event-log-service-on-local-compurter-error-5-access-is-denied?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 78.26%

Have found the following error in the Event Viewer relating to VSS, ID 8194 when made back up the system Windows 8.1 partition to an image file with OneKey recovery Lenovo program :
Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error querying for the IVssWriterCallback interface. hr = 0x80070005, Access is denied.
This is often caused by incorrect security settings in either the writer or requestor process.
Operation:
Gathering Writer Data
Context:
Writer Class Id: {e8132975-6f93-4464-a53e-1050253ae220}
Writer Name: System Writer
Writer Instance ID:{7382df8f-c426-4940-a8bf-24d4ee707cf3}
I would appreciate some advices how to fix it.
Thanks and best regards,
Ewa

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4d925199-36eb-4b4d-9b8e-d0535a999cee/volumine-shadow-copy-service-error-id-8194-in-the-event-viewer-windows-81?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 78.26%

!!! LOOK, WARNING, WATCH OUT, HEY YOU !!!! WARNING: Event ID 4001, WLAN AutoConfig service has successfully stopped. The operative word there being "successfully ", and the stupidity on a Microsoft Developers part being; if it's stopped successfully they why the ____ does it mess up my event log with a warning flag? I get fed up of this garbage. Isn't this why Vista failed so badly? You'd think Microsoft would learn.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8e71fa0d-8547-45c4-9fb1-39046dce2757/stupid-windows-7-event-id-4001-wlan-autoconfig-service-has-successfully-stopped?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello I have been having problems with Windows explorer constantly crashing and restarting whenever I right-click on or open any files problems! Windows service, crashing audio 7 'Power' explorer, service Please Help!--Right-click and folders search in the Start Menu search box opening My Computer Control Panel etc In essence it is limiting most of the interface I was able to pinpoint the problem using Safe Mode and msconfig to the Power service C windows system svchost exe k DcomLaunch And once I disabled the Power service everything seems to be fixed However disabling the Power service will disable audio service for the system To fix the audio service I Please Help!--Right-click crashing Windows 7 explorer, 'Power' service, audio service problems! tried changing the Power management reverting back to previous restore points updating the audio device drivers trying to enable the Windows services in services msc for Remote Procedure Call RPC Plug and Play Multimedia Class Scheduler Windows Audio Endpoint Builder and Windows Audio to activate sound again but Window Audio depends on Windows Audio Endpoint Builder but Windows Audio Endpoint Builder seems to depends on the Power service And I can t activate the Power service again without crashing Windows explorer How do I go about fixing this issue Can I replace the Power service files Or update them And help is much appreciated Thanks in advance

A:Please Help!--Right-click crashing Windows 7 explorer, 'Power' service, audio service problems!

What led your problem to this crashing windows explorer window? Try using this software ShellExViewFor tutorials and guide http://www.top-windows-tutorials.com/shellexview.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/433296/please-help-right-click-crashing-windows-7-explorer-power-service-audio-service-problems/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello all best wishes for us, this is my first post on this forum after searching fro to seek the help of some kind of malware attacks whether on my laptop.
Whether because of my careless causing virus attacks landed on my laptop.
After I turn on the laptop, the boot process was normal as usual. But as already in the process of logging on and has reached the desktop and there is no 10 second sudden pop up saying "Windows must now restart Because plug and play service terminated unexpectedly" also sometimes appears "Windows must now restart because power service terminated unexpectedly" so continuous thing happened this way.
But when I tried to enter in Safe Mode all of this run smoothly.
Can anyone help? I desperately need help for this problem.
Thank you.

A:Windows must now restart because plug and play service terminated unexpectedly , power service, and many more

You have already created a topic in malwarebytes forums.

Please do not create multiple topics for same issue.

Stick with them.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/484297/windows-must-now-restart-because-plug-and-play-service-terminated-unexpectedly-power-service-and-many-more/
Relevancy 77.4%

When the user tries to login into their laptop whether cabled into our domain network or not they receive a message quot there are currently no logon servers available to service this request quot nbsp but if cabled into the network and they wait minutes they are able to sign in without issue but it takes to minutes to load the page nbsp I signed into the laptop with my domain admin account and received the same message as the user but when we tried cabled in minutes later i was able to sign in without issue nbsp The troubleshooting steps nbsp Updated the network driver today still receiving same result nbsp Re-added the computer to the domain today still receiving same result nbsp the event viewer is showing the NETLOGON message and also but the user has been receiving this for a number of months nbsp The only thing we haven't tried is creating a new user profile but the only reason I don't see that working is because if its happening with my domain admin account it can't be a profile issue nbsp Any ideas of what could be causing this and is there a fix request. servers available currently There this Professional Service Pack no to are service Windows 1 logon 7 for it nbsp I do see there is a hotfix but wasn't sure if we should run it or not nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/25f0c9ae-effc-4225-85aa-abc0e7ab727e/there-are-currently-no-logon-servers-available-to-service-this-request-windows-7-professional?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 77.4%

greetings friends I've had my laptop for around months with scarcely any problems Yesterday I was on my administrator account as usual and everything was running fine I did no changes nor any downloads Today I tried Administrator 7 to User Profile logon service windows Service failed to log onto my User Account User Profile Service service failed to logon windows 7 Administrator which is the Admin and I received the user profile service service failed to logon notice out of nowhere When I signed on to my fathers account whose is also on my pc it allowed me to with no problems When I try to configure the Administrative or Account settings after typing my password no action takes place When I try to download the Fix it program from Windows it doesn't allow me due to the need for the Admin password which I type and no action takes place as well I tried Safe Command mode and net user administrator active no to deactivate my Admin password Didn't work I have several files in my account I need for school work etc I was trying to make the other User Account the Admin thereby freeing my User account of this problem no luck When I log on in Safe Mode it allows me to log on to my Admin User I tried restoring settings to the latest date that appeared no luck Someone pleaseee help I have absolutely no idea what to do Please help

A:User Profile Service service failed to logon windows 7 Administrator

Hi -

Please see this KB from Microsoft --> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/user-profile-service-service-failed-to-logon-windows-7-administrator-509705.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I have four user accounts. none will log on. the message is the same for all "the user profile service service failed the logon" "the server endpoint cannot perform the operation" Googling the message yielded no relevant results and results full of spammy results

A:Unable to log onto windows - the user profile service service failed the logon"

Well...those two errors are somewhat different.

The user profile service error is common, IMO, while the server endpoint error seems related to networking.

Are you trying to logon to a domain?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541474/unable-to-log-onto-windows-the-user-profile-service-service-failed-the-logon/
Relevancy 77.4%

I have four user accounts. none will log on. the message is the same for all "the user profile service service failed the logon" "the server endpoint cannot perform the operation" Googling the message yielded no relevant results and results full of spammy results

A:Unable to log onto Windows "the user profile service service failed th

Start with this: You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon? error message

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/338389-unable-log-onto-windows-user-profile-service-service-failed-th.html
Relevancy 77.4%

greetings friends I ve had my laptop Administrator service Profile logon User windows failed 7 Service to for around months with scarcely any problems Yesterday I was on my administrator account as usual and everything was running fine I did no changes nor any downloads Today I tried to log onto my User Account which is the Admin User Profile Service service failed to logon windows 7 Administrator and I received the user profile service service failed to logon notice out of nowhere When I signed on to my fathers account whose is also on my pc it allowed me to with no problems When I try User Profile Service service failed to logon windows 7 Administrator to configure the Administrative or Account settings User Profile Service service failed to logon windows 7 Administrator after typing my password no action takes place When I try to download the Fix it program from Windows it doesn t allow me due to the need for the Admin password which I type and no action takes place as well I tried Safe Command mode and net user administrator active no to deactivate my Admin password Didn t work I have several files in my account I need for school work etc I was trying to make the other User Account the Admin thereby freeing my User account of this problem no luck When I log on in Safe Mode it allows me to log on to my Admin User I tried restoring settings to the latest date that appeared no luck Someone pleaseee help I have absolutely no idea what to do nbsp

A:User Profile Service service failed to logon windows 7 Administrator

Tap F8 when you turn the PC on or restart; when you get the Windows boot menu there should be some recovery options, I think near the bottom of the page. Try a System Restore to the most recent date prior to this problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-profile-service-service-failed-to-logon-windows-7-administrator.946195/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello, thanl you for this forum. Much appreciated.
My laptop started with messages that the diagnostic policy
Has stopped and error 5 is denied.
I think i then did something and now the laptop starts and
Automatically shuts down after a min and then restarts.
I originally just wanted to enable this diagnostic pplicy to
Be enabled so that my internet could work.
Do i have a virus?
I am at my wits end.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/diagnostic-policy-service-service-has-stopped-and-windows-must-expectedly-shut-down.1133616/
Relevancy 77.4%

I need to be alerted when the Windows XP Fax Services stops or is stopping without going into services.msc myself to check. Is there any way I can get an alert when this happens so that I don't have to check it everyday? I have to check it daily since it stops itself for no apparent reason and I can't figure out why. I've even posted on this site about it to no avail. SO, I'd be happy if I could get an automatic alert when this happens. Thanks.

Relevancy 76.97%

Would love some intelligence into this error message Although this isn't a system performance hit, I wonder if there's a security or meaningful application risk associated with this error and, either way, am curious if there is a 'fix' to this. Entire up-to-date Speccy details of this DELL Latitude laptop can be found in user profile. Thanks in advance to all Windows 7 system ninjas. Below are more details ... and this is a 2009 online forum post that may or may not be of relevance to this now 2016 issue --> https://social.technet.microsoft.com...r2008r2general
Comments welcomed. Event log errors are as follows (courtesy of MiniToolBox)

========================= Event log errors: ===============================

Application errors:
==================
Error: (04/06/2016 04:46:56 PM) (Source: Windows Search Service) (User: )
Description: The index cannot be initialized.

Details:
The content index catalog is corrupt. (HRESULT : 0xc0041801) (0xc0041801)
System errors:
=============

Error: (04/06/2016 04:46:58 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (User: )
Description: The Windows Search service terminated with service-specific error %%-1073473535.
Thanks in advance ... chapper

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/394462-help-windows-search-service-service-specific-error-1073473535-a.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi! I am unable to log in to my desktop at all on my laptop. I keep getting an error "User profile cannot be loaded." I am unable to enter Windows to edit the registry.  The laptop goes straight from the HP logo to the Windows login screen. 

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Windows 10 User Profile Service service failed the sign-in

Hi, Try the following. First of all, use another PC to create a bootable Windows 10 DVD or USB Flash Drive via the following link.  Under the section 'Need to create a USB, DVD or ISO', download the Media Creation Tool. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 Once you have this, run the tool, select 'Create installation media for another PC', then select the language, edition of Windows 10, and 64bit. Follow the rest of the prompts to create this and then click Finish when completed. Insert the Windows 10 Installation Media and Shutdown the notebook by holding down the power button for 10 seconds. Tap away at the esc key as soon as you press the power button to enter the Start-up Menu and then select the Boot Options Menu ( f9 ). Use the arrow keys to highlight the CDROM (uefi) or USB Flash Driver ( uefi ) option, depending on which type of media you created, then hit enter - if prompted to 'Press any key to continue....' - do so. Boot to the Advanced Start-up Options Menu - see Option 5 on the link below for details on accessing this. http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2294-advanced-startup-options-boot-windows-10-a.html#option5 Then try running Windows System Restore to return the notebook to a point in time before this issue occurred - See Option 1 on the link below for details on this procedure. http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4588-system-restore-windows-10-a.html Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Windows-10-User-Profile-Service-service-failed-the-sign-in/td-p/5798020
Relevancy 76.11%

I open my Dell and issues Service Windows Cryptographic other Installer and Service Laptop last night to find MSE not running I tried to start it and received an error and so it began Error Couldn t start the Security Essentials service The dependancy service or group failed to start Error Code x csteps and thing Tried to reinstall MSE Already Windows Installer Service and Cryptographic Service and other issues installed Tried to remove using Control Panel gt Add Remove Programs Uninstall Wizard starts Error Cannot complete uninstall wizard An error has prevented the Security Essentials Uninstall Wizard from continuing Please restart Error code x FF Restart did not solve anything not in Safe Mode or Reg Mode Checked to see if Windows Installer is running by services msc in Start gt Run Extended tab is mostly blue Standard Tab Windows Installer no status Manual able to right click and select properties - nothing happens click start arrow at top - error Could not start the windows installer service on Local Computer Error The dependency service or group failed to start Dependency tab - NONE MISSING Tried to re-register the windows installer according to support microsoft com - didn t fix Tried to re-install windows installer - error Setup could not verify the integrity of the file update inf Make sure the cryptographic services is running in this computer IT IS see services msc above Lots of research and trying various solves like net stopped cryptsvc ren Catroot Catroot old net strt cryptsve Rebooted in safe mode and reg mod retired everything - NOTHING CHANGED in amongst all this lost taskbar - was able to get it back but now it doesn t show what is running at bottom Hot keys and keyboard shortcuts - cut paste not working Unable to right click paste Can alt-tab only way to navigate what is open I uninstalled AVG about a month ago since it was slowing my computer down so much and switched to MSE Now I am unable to look for virus or maleware since MSE won t run and I can t install anything to find out if I am infected At my wits end Please help Kelly nbsp

Relevancy 76.11%

I get an error stating windows defender service does not exist as an installed service 0x80070000424 I don't have microsoft essential. It was working fine until today. When I open the program and click on tools and others it will not click at all. Also, real protected is off. Also, its not under the services.

A:windows defender service does not exist as an installed service

Hi,
In win-7 windows defender is Not a antivirus program,
So what do you have installed as one

Install MSE if you haven't already or any third party antivirus if you wish they would usually disable defender anyway.
Cheers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/370050-windows-defender-service-does-not-exist-installed-service.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello, my Indexing Service is not working. The options are grayed out
Also my Windows Search service does not start. When I try to start it, I get these errors in the event log:

1. "The Windows Search Service cannot open the Jet property store.
Details:
The content index server cannot update or access information because of a database error. Stop and restart the search service. If the problem persists, reset and recrawl the content index. In some cases it may be necessary to delete and recreate the content index. (0x8004117f)"

2. "The Windows Search Service has failed to created the new system catalog. Internal error <4,0x8004117f>."

I'm totally lost as how to solve this problem. I spent hours on the web trying to find a solution, with no luck sofar. Anyone here who has a clue how to solve this one?

Emphyrio.

A:Windows Search service and Indexing Service do not work

Was this a clean install, or an upgrade from XP.
What sort of HDD arrangement.
More details would be helpful.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/79731-windows-search-service-indexing-service-do-not-work.html
Relevancy 76.11%

st posted in Windows XP forum Macboatmaster suggested I post my issue here Link to original thread http forums techguy org windows-xp -windows-installer-service-cryptographic-service html Brief Summary of issue MSE would not start dependancy error Windows Installer giving error when I try to install program Unable to reinstall Windows Installer get cryptographic error services mcs has no dependacy Service issues Service Cryptographic Installer Windows and other and tab unable to right click to properties to start service lost task bar was able to recover although open programs do not show unable to Windows Installer Service and Cryptographic Service and other issues cut ans paste why I didn t paste original post here I have Windows Installer Service and Cryptographic Service and other issues run HijackThis Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet Quickset exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Seagate Seagate Dashboard MemeoDashboard exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files LeapFrog LeapFrog Connect CommandService exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe C Program Files Memeo AutoBackup MemeoBackgroundService exe C Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exe C Program Files Seagate Seagate Dashboard SeagateDashboardService exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C Program Files Seagate Seagate Dashboard HipServAgent HipServAgent exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Documents and Settings Kelly Bornt My Documents Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www bing com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - HKLM Run IntelWireless C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe tf Intel PROSet Wireless O - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot c Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe quot O - HKLM Run Dell QuickSet C Program Files Dell QuickSet Quickset exe O - HKLM Run Memeo Instant Backup C Program Files Memeo AutoBackup MemeoLauncher exe --silent --no ui O - HKLM Run Seagate Dashboard C Program Files Seagate Seagate Dashboard MemeoLauncher exe --silent --no ui O - HKLM Run ssdiag C WINDOWS ssdiag exe O - HKLM Run MSC quot c Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe quot -hide -runkey O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKUS S- - - - - - - Run... Read more

A:Windows Installer Service and Cryptographic Service and other issues

After further reading of others with my issue, I decideded to restore my system. I look forward to learning how to rebuild a stronger and more protected system. This thread is closed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-service-and-cryptographic-service-and-other-issues.1071353/
Relevancy 76.11%

I was wondering if you guys could help me find a way to make the Windows Search Service immune to someone/something trying to disable it. For some stupid reason, the Windows Search Service keeps getting disabled by a program on my computer, I've checked
everything and I can't find it. So my reasoning is if I can't find out what is disabling it, I'll make it so whatever it is can't disable it in the first place. Unfortunately, I have been unable to find a way to do this through a bunch of research I did online.
I don't care how it will work, I just care that the service stays on. 
Or maybe, have a script run at startup that will make sure that the service is on, and turn it on if it isn't.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/29c53a5b-40ac-4e5d-bd28-2f28ffe8e9e3/making-a-service-that-cannot-be-disabled-windows-search-service?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 76.11%

Every startup of my Win7 I have the "failed to connect to a windows service" notice.I followed the instructions of JOHNW using the Farbar tool and now I have the resulting text files (FRST.txt and Addition.txt). Please let me know to what mail address should I send the links of these files to analyse and give me hints how can I get rid of the annoying notice.Thanks in advanceaveitanedited by moderator: Added missing link

A:failed to connect to a windows service

Your AV ( antivirus ) programs are fighting each other, I would uninstall Norton/Symantic. You must use their tool.That will leave you with MSE, which is what I use.https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/failed-to-connect-to-a-windows-service/18948.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi guys I recently as of last month finished a custom build and installed Vista HP -bit All was running fine until today when I got the message 'Failed to connect to a windows service Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service ' when I start up and log on I noticed that the computer wasn't playing right when it wouldn't log on to my Failed a to windows connect service to yahoo email address and also Failed to connect to a windows service Outlook wouldn't receive new messages I restarted and found it took an age to log on and then I get the message mentioned above whenit did Also the Side bar does not show up properly Failed to connect to a windows service and the wireless card does not pickup any signal and displays another error message I have looked at it under the services section and it is running as 'Automatic' and it is set to restart if it fails the first and second time However it never says 'Started' but only 'Starting' Can anyone help please Thanks in advance

A:Failed to connect to a windows service

Hi. . .

I would suggest that you perform a system restore - choose yesterday or the day before as a restore point -
START | type rstrui.exe into the start search box and hit enter

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/failed-to-connect-to-a-windows-service-291251.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I'm Getting this error
Code:
Failed to conect to windows Service

. I have googled it and found this sollution
Code:
1. Click on Start button.
2. Type Cmd in the Start Search text box.
3. Right click on cmd.exe and Run Command Prompt as an Administrator. Allow elevation request.
4. Type netsh winsock reset in the Command Prompt shell, and then press the Enter key.
Restart the computer.

It worked out me at first but after shutting the pc for couple of times i'm getting this errot again.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/64370-failed-connect-windows-service.html
Relevancy 76.11%

When i boot up the pc and after logging on to my profile the service. to HELP! windows Failed to a connect only profile on the pc admin i have the following problems - The taskbar looks like windows - A balloon appears in the bottom right corner stating failure HELP! Failed to connect to a windows service. to connect to a windows service - Sometimes my desktop is not visable at all - Sometimes i cannot access any of my files or programmes - I cannot connect to the internet - I cannot update windows via windows update The pop up that appears in the ballonon in the taskbar says quot Failed to connect to a windows service - Windows could not connect to the group policy client service this problem prevents limited users from logging on to the system As an administrative user you can review the system event log for details about why the service didn t respond quot I did a restore to a point month ago and i have also done multiple virus scans but it didn t help or change anything Could somebody please help me nbsp

A:HELP! Failed to connect to a windows service.

Try booting into safe mode, and go to the event viewer to view the System event log, just like it says, it might reveal something.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-failed-to-connect-to-a-windows-service.928916/
Relevancy 76.11%

every so often when i turn my pc on it takes a few extra minutes to boot up, and then im greeted with a notification which says:

'failed to connect to a windows service'

i then have no wireless connections available at all. the only thing that seems to fix it is by doing a system restore to the most recent restore point, everything works fine then. however im doing this every 2 or 3 days! what is wrong with windows!? why does it seem to just change things by itself all the time. its not like im even doing a lot on it, i only use it for uni work, CAD and a bit of internet browsing (no dodgy sites either!) its brand new as well, i've only had it 3 weeks!

im using windows 7 by the way, and i have full administrator rights, im the only user account set up.

A:failed to connect to a windows service

When you get into Windows, hit Windows Key + R and type in "cmd". A command prompt will pop up. When it does type:

Code:
C:\Documents and settings\user>netsh winsock reset
And press enter. Reboot your computer and see if the problem persists.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/failed-to-connect-to-a-windows-service-612761.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello everybody I m a new member of this site I had almost the same problem as the member AKAK I own an ACER ASPIRE M with Windows Vista Home Basic Until now my pc still have the message quot FAILED TO CONNECT TO A WINDOWS SERVICE quot At first I ignored the message because I really don t understand what it means Another thing is that I don t have an internet connection to research for that and then I noticed that when I turned on my pc it took a lot longer than it was before that message appeared Even the gadgets at my sidebar don t appear anymore And there s this message quot ACER EMPOWERING TECHNOLOGY FRAMEWORK LAUNCHER HAS STOPPED WORKING quot There is also this message from Windows Defender that there are multiple problems in my pc Now to make it worse my pc doesn t recognize my printer EPSON TX anymore I looked at control Panel gt Printers but there is no printer When I tried to re-install my printer it was unsuccessful Please help As you can see I don t understand what happened please nbsp

Relevancy 76.11%

Failed to connect to a windows service
Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents standard users from logging on to the system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond

This is the error message i recieve when i log on to my computer. It doesn't seem to happen every time i log on but probably 50% of the time. When this error appears the only things i seem to notice differently are that the audio doesnt work, and the windows tool bar's graphics are basic (as if i was in safe mode). I have opened a thread before about this error but was unable to get the issue solved, any help would be great.

Relevancy 76.11%

Hi I ve used the a connect to Failure to Windows service forum search facility and tried the suggestions I ve found but to Failure to connect to a Windows service no avail The problem concerns a Vista laptop which as usual in this country came with no restore disc or original OS software I do Failure to connect to a Windows service also have a Vista Desktop which is fine and have tried the quot East transfer quot utility with no success though maybe I ve missed something here I ve created a new admin account but it opens up with similar error messages to the problem one quot Windows could not connect to the user profile service quot then refers me to the quot system event log quot but to be honest this gets me nowhere If I could just begin to get past this opening screen C Windows system config systemprofile Desktop is not accessible Access is of course denied It s the Vista Home Premium version only I d really appreciate any fresh advice anyone could offer me please nbsp

Relevancy 76.11%

All of a sudden my computer is showing signs of a virus/malware and I do not know how to correct it. I have Windows 7 which takes a long time to boot now. Then when my desktop opens up I get an error bubble "Failed to Connect to a Windows Service." Lastly, while no programs are open, I all of a sudden hear audio of 2-3 different ads.

Please Help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/failed-to-connect-to-a-windows-service.1107495/
Relevancy 76.11%

"Failed to connect to a windows service."
Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond."

it has lead to to slow start up which is annoying....
i have dig around net but nothing seemes to be working... or

see this ---> http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/4452/98433826.jpg

i have also tried winsock reset and sfc /scannow but no luck. i find my pc slow as well.

A:Failed to connect to a windows service.

That should be set to automatic. You will need to go to the Start menu and simply "services" on the search line at the bottom to see that listed at the top of the listing that appears. When clicking on the link for it a new window will appear displaying all services.

Scroll down to the system event notification item and see if that is set to automatic there. Refer to the attached image and note the action on the menu bar for starting up or turning off a service when highlighted. If you find it set to manual or off completely click the start or restart option depending on how it is set.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/103185-failed-connect-windows-service.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I d be a to to connect 'Failed service' windows grateful for some help with diagnosis of this problem None of the thirteen solutions I ve tried has worked so any help on what to investigate next would be welcome Problem Presentation Error message on boot quot Failed to connect to a windows serviceWindows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service 'Failed to connect to a windows service' This problem prevents standard users from logging on 'Failed to connect to a windows service' to the system As an administrative user you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn t respond quot Windows Aero desktop is disabled Graphics card nVidia control panel inaccessible Edit Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre is unable to play DVD s but able to play HDCP Blu-RayEnvironmentMachine is a Dell XPS X running Windows with Microsoft Security Essentials All security patches have been applied except for those where MVP Susan Bradley has recommended a hold Errors in the System Event Log The Creative Audio Service service hung on starting The Adobe SwitchBoard service failed to start due to the following error The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion A timeout was reached milliseconds while waiting for the Adobe SwitchBoard service to connect The Power Control service failed to start due to the following error The system cannot find the path specified The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Archlp Note Archlp sys is was an Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre file Arcsoft TotalMEdia Theatre file has been upgraded to the latest version and does not appear to have any files of this name The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID C FCC -E - D-AE -A AD D B D and APPID ED D-D - - A - F ACAD B to the user NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM SID S- - - from address LocalHost Using LRPC This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool Note This is IPBusENum Solutions Tried System Event Notification Service was set to start automatically The Power service was set to start automatically No Power Control service is listed so I m unable to check the path reference netsh winsock reset and netsh winsock reset catalog were both run in safe mode with administrator privileges sfc verifyonly was been run in safe mode with administrator privileges No problems were found Deep security scans with Malwarebytes MS Security Essentials and the Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool found nothing Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre was upgraded to the latest version This had no effect on the archlp error but it was noted that it would not play DVD s No problem with Blu-rays Edit The DVD failure is part of the current problem Windows media player is able to play DVD s An old installation of Cyberlink s Blu-ray player was uninstalled Reinstallation of nVidia driver The control panel became accessible until reboot when it became inaccessible again Jv power tools were used for registry file and history cleaning I use CCleaner regularly to reduce file bloat on the OS drive An attempt to reset security levels on IPBusENum failed as all of the settings on the properties tab of IPBusEnum are greyed out The only dependency is the Media Center Extender Service which was disabled Disabling the IPBusEnum service has no effect on the observed problem The font caches were reset FontCache-System dat A system restore reboots the computer and removes the problem If this is followed by a simple reboot the problem is still absent but three hours later another simple reboot showed the problem had reappeared All non-essential startup programs were disabled Edit jv s Compact registry function made the problem go away until I carried out a simple reboot when the problem reappeared Whilst the problem had gone all of the listed errors in the system events were still present jv refuse... Read more

A:'Failed to connect to a windows service'

Click on startmenu and typecmd Right click on it and select run as administrator and run this commandnetsh winsock resetRestart the PC,any changes?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/479805/failed-to-connect-to-a-windows-service/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi guys Yesterday when I logged into my PC I got the error message quot Failed to connect to a windows service quot After spending most of the rest of the day trying to find some solutions I am no further forward I found two temporary solutions one is to go on safe mode open command prompt and type netsh winsock reset but that stopped working after to to a connect Failed service windows I reset a few more times Another possible fix was to press F and then start with quot last best configuration settings quot but that only works sometimes What I did then was to completely reinstall windows vista last night thinking that a complete overwrite may resolve the issue After the boring task of reinstalling and updating all my Failed to connect to a windows service drivers and windows updates Failed to connect to a windows service everything was ok until I got the dreaded message again Only this time start up is extremely slow and twice I ve had the blue screen crash The first time I didn t see what the error message was as the screen went away too quickly I m currently working in safe mode with networking still trying to find a solution I have read on this site and others about potential fixes but nothing has worked so far for me Please help PS I did try the below advice to provide you with some information but I can do everything listed apart from the bit in bold I m not sure why I can t save what I ve done sorry in advance Boot in safe mode and login under a local adminstrator account Right click My Computer and click manage up will pop up a computer management window in that window double click Services and Applications and then click Services In the list of services scroll down to quot System Event notification quot and double click it The properties for this Service will then display Make sure the start up type is set to Automatic and make sure the Service status is set to Started After you have done this click quot Event Viewer quot in the far top left of the screen and click quot System quot This will bring up the logging of events in which have happened on your machine This can help us determine whats causing the error So click quot Action quot on the top toolbar and click quot Save log files as quot save it somewhere and then upload it in your next post Do not copy and paste it Incidently I found a potential fix on your site URL below http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html page st I tried to delete the HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet services gpsvc as the potential fix but couldn t I followed these instructions gpscv folder in registry tree - gt hit Permissions - gt hit Advanced - gt go to Owner tab choose and hit your account name click OK - gt get back to Permissions hit Administrators choose full control click OK - gt now you re able to delete your gpsvc folder I still can t delete the entry I would be grateful if anyone can help further It should be noted that at the moment my system has loaded normally at this time but this was after about startups Sometimes it crashes and I lose internet ability and the system is extremely slow and unstable Other times I need to load up in safe mode to do basic things like go on the internet to find advice Thanks in advance Mr Baggins

Right click on this key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\gpsvcSelect PERMISSIONSClick on ADVANCEDClick on OWNER and select your user account name under CHANGE OWNER options and click APPLYNow go to SECURITY tab and click on ADD and typeEveryone in Dialog boxclick ok and select Everyone and give full control permissions to itIf you still have issues try to delete the key in SAFEMODE.IMPORTANT:Import the clean registry key and then reboot the PC

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/484099/failed-to-connect-to-a-windows-service/
Relevancy 76.11%

This warning started popping up on a Dell E6500 laptop that I don't often use. Running Windows 7 Professional. The error message states that Windows 7 "could not connect to the system event notification service...". This happened after the computer had run out of battery while sleeping. Some other observations:

1) Boot up is very slow
2) Even after completed booting task manager shows cpu usage at 100%, making it difficult to do much.
3) If I run services.msc it shows that the System Event Notification is running and set to automatic.

I did try a system restore to a week ago, last time I used it, and this did not resolve the issue.

Any thoughts?

Tried the netsh > winsock reset fix, did nothing. Ran the system file checker tool and although it said nothing found upon restart the computer ran an update, and loaded SP1 (which I thought was already installed). It has been fine since, Odd.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/461679/failed-to-connect-to-a-windows-service/
Relevancy 76.11%

"Failed to connect to a windows service.
it has lead to to slow start up which is annoying....
i have dig around net but nothing seemes to be working... or

see this ---> http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/4452/98433826.jpg

What hardware do you have installed? What OS are you running? When did this start? Are there any devices in the device manager that don't have drivers or have problems?

You need to give us a lot more information so we can help you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/95334-failed-connect-windows-service.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Have not done much with the computer there where some windows updates over to connect to windows service Failed a the past week or so Turn on computer and it loads pretty normal A few times it took a long time In the incon tray notification pops up and says Faild to connect to a windows serivce Group Policy CLient service prevents users from logging on as an admin look in event log This is my home personal computer and there are NO other users Not sure what the Failed to connect to a windows service hec this error is It goes away after a minute and the computer runs fine I have Avast internet security malewarebytes running Did scans with same with negative results Also ran TDSSKILLER Superantispyware and spybot also with negative results other than cookies Googled and goggled some more tried to change add a registry setting to delay the Group Failed to connect to a windows service Policy Timeout as seen in this workaround http support microsoft com kb but the issue is still here Specs Windows Home Premium bit Any thoughts Steve

From M/soft advice forums this is the mst general answer .........This may mostly occur if the user account is corrupted or missing some files.First I would suggest that you run an online virus scan on the computer to scan and remove any virus or malware infection on the computer and check if it works.Refer the below link to the online virus scan and perform a full service scan on the computer.http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/default.htm (Onecare Live has been deleted- Use ESET online Scanner )If you are unable to boot to desktop in the normal mode I would suggest that you boot the computer to Safe mode with networking and try the online scan.I would run sfc /scannow to try and check if all System Files are operating and not corrupted in any way -Go - Start > Programs > Accessories > Roght click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator > Type sfc /scannow and press Enter -Note the space between ( c and / ) - This will take about 10 to 15 minutes to run (on average)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/473784/failed-to-connect-to-a-windows-service/
Relevancy 76.11%

Have not done much with the computer there where some windows updates over to a Failed connect service windows to the past week or so Turn on computer and it loads pretty normal A few times it took a long time In the incon tray notification pops up and says Faild to connect to a windows serivce Group Policy CLient service prevents users from logging on as an admin look in event log This is my home personal computer and there are NO other users Not sure what the hec this error is It goes away after a minute and the computer runs fine I have Avast internet security malewarebytes running Did scans with same with negative results Also ran TDSSKILLER Superantispyware and spybot also with negative results other than cookies After starting a thread in another area I also did the following http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html page pid entry So Failed to connect to a windows service I used ESET and ran the scan It found items and deleted them however all the items it found I know what they are and I installed them I have log if you want to see it Also ran SCANNOW in command prompt window and it found no errors Googled and goggled some more tried to change add a registry setting to delay the Group Policy Timeout as seen in this workaround http support microsoft com kb but the issue is still here Specs Windows Home Premium bit any ideas

This is a case of profile corruptionDownloadTDSSkillerLaunch it.Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file systemClick on "Scan".Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive) Do not change the default options on scan resultsIf scan comes out cleanFollow the steps given herehttp://windows.microsoft.com/is-IS/windows7/fix-a-corrupted-user-profile

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/473923/failed-to-connect-to-a-windows-service/
Relevancy 76.11%

recently when i updated my pc to win10 to i am getting this problem even when i connected to network but still it is showing a notification of failed to connect to windows service then i came back to win8.1 using factory restore but the problem did not get solved. help me out of this

in win10

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/69998-failed-connect-windows-service.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello everyone.

I booted my computer this morning and I could tell that something wasn't completely right. It took an incredibly long time to get to the user account selection, didn't play the startup sounds, and when I finally log in, the Windows Aero theme had been set to the classic one similar to Windows 2000. I tried to restart the computer and it couldn't do it because it was waiting for the log off sound, which wasn't playing. I clicked force restart and the computer just sat at the desktop. After a hard reboot, I started Windows normally and in the lower right corner I got a message saying that Windows failed to connect to a Windows Service. What is this exactly?

Best Regards.

Relevancy 76.11%

i m using windows 8 so hw can the problem wil be solved i hav deledted download anti virus software directly i hav deleted without going into programs (uninstall)

A:failed to connect to a windows service 8

You just go to control panel-->programs and features-->select the program you want to uninstall and then press uninstall...Actually what is the issue right now?Hardware Technician

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/failed-to-connect-to-a-windows-service-8/1952.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Windows 7 shows a message when starting, telling that it couldn't connect to a service. This is related to Groups.
I followed directions from MS support, didn't seem to work. (My Windows is a Spanish version)

A:Windows couldn't connect to a service

It would be good to attach a picture so we can see what the message says. May I ask, have you installed any software recently? Did this message come up before or it just starting coming on recently?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-couldnt-connect-to-a-service-748105.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I have an error when I start my computer ... a message appear in the corner : " Windows cannot connect to the Group policy private client service. This problem prevents standard users from logging on to the system ... " I have a picture down you can see there more about this message error . In this case how i can fix this error ? Please tell me the easy way not the hard way I mean I don't know to enter in system and make manually changes there especially in registries. Please if you know only the hard way I accept but ... BUT please be sure that will repair my error up mentioned.

I FOUND SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM!
The crash of your computer during Windows Updates has caused that !
I had this issue on my laptop since November, and it really bugged me. I sifted through the event log and found the pattern of events that preceded the issue, and, probably, caused it.

In short, the pattern is as follows: Windows updates run automatically as scheduled, and when reboot is initiated after the updates are finished, the computer crashes (probably during reboot sequence). When it boots up, it reports that the last shutdown was unexpected, and the issue begins to occur.

I spent 2 days trying to dig out a solution from the Internet, to no avail, until I came across this page. It doesn't say anything about this particular problem, but it gives more information about SVCHOST process that starts many services, including Group Policy Client. It looks like during reboot a vital registry settings were lost during crash and Group Policy Client "don't know" how to start. Let me explain:

There are two places to look in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services this path should contain gpsvc key (a folder), which is responsible for service parameters and configuration. I found that the key was intact, so, you do not touch anything here - just check that the key exists.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SVCHOST This is the most important path you should look into, as it must contain the keys and values referred in the key #1. Below are descriptions what must be present there.
There must be Multi-String value called GPSvcGroup. My laptop was missing it. So, you should create multi-string value named GPSvcGroup and assign it value GPSvc.
Next, you must create a key (a folder) and name it GPSvcGroup - this key normally should be there, but, again, it was missin on my laptop.
Then open newly-created GPSvcGroup folder and create 2 DWORD values:
First called AuthenticationCapabilities and you must give it a value of 0x00003020 (or 12320 in decimal)
Second is called CoInitializeSecurityParam and it must have value of 1.
Once you complete all steps above, reboot the computer and the problem will be fixed.
Video walkthrough for those who are not very technical is here: "Windows cannot connect to Group Policy Client services" how to fix. - YouTube
I am so relieved I was able to fix it, and hope this will help others with the similar issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/255414-failed-connect-windows-service.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello.

I booted my computer this morning and I could tell that something wasn't completely right. It took an incredibly long time to get to the user account selection, didn't play the startup sounds, and when I finally log in, the Windows Aero theme had been set to the classic one similar to Windows 2000. I tried to restart the computer and it couldn't do it because it was waiting for the log off sound, which wasn't playing. I clicked force restart and the computer just sat at the desktop. After a hard reboot, I started Windows normally and in the lower right corner I got a message saying that Windows failed to connect to a Windows Service. What is this exactly?

Best Regards.

A:Failed to connect to a Windows Service. What is this?

Please do not start multiple threads on the same topic. Continue here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/failed-to-connect-to-a-windows-service-what-is-this.979648/
Relevancy 76.11%

I have to start by saying i am not the most computet literate woman. So any help offered needs to be as basic and easy to follow ad possible - im sorry.

I have a HP laptop pavilion g6 i believe its running on window 8.1
The system is slow to warm up..I recently uninstalled my avg security due to it not updating and this error listed above occured a week later. I apparently have a full internet connection but nothing happens when i try to connect to google chrome. Links from my start menu appear to be working if i want to check my email or facebook but not if i just want to surf the web. This is all i use my laptop for.

Please keep your answers simple...id really appreciate it...infact id much rather someone was able to call so i could do this over the phone..lol..

Betsy72

A:Failure to connect to a Windows Service

There could be several reasons. Imo, it is related, possibly, to the AVG uninstall.
With this in mind.
Right click the taskbar.
"Start Task Manager"
Open the startup tab. Scroll down and look at anything related to AVG and disable it.
My first suspicion is that it has a "left over" and is looking for an AVG update.
I am not a Chrome user, but here, the problem may be related to add ons. The simplest way for you to deal with this is to reinstall Chrome.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/failure-to-connect-to-a-windows-service.1132656/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello everyone,

My laptop has been acting really weird lately. It takes forever to boot up when I turn it on. And then it shows a notification message says: "Failed to connect to a windows service". BTW, My laptop runs Windows 7.

What is going on? Am I infected? How to solve this problem?

Thank you!

Press Windows+R key and typeregedit and click okGo toHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\gpsvcRight click on the key and EXPORT it to desktop.Right click on key and delete it from registry(not desktop)DownloadgpsvcLaunch it and click YESRestart the PC and let me know if you still have pop ups.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/476119/failed-to-connect-to-a-windows-service/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello The A Service Failed Windows Connect To To message quot FAILED TO CONNECT TO A WINDOWS SERVICE quot appeared on my screen then all of a sudden I noticed several undesirable effects on my pc such as gadgets on my sidebar doesn t appear anymore the Failed To Connect To A Windows Service message quot ACER EMPOWERING TECHNOLOGY FRAMEWORK LAUNCHER HAS STOPPED WORKING quot appeared it took a lot longer when I switched on my pc my printer epson tx doesn t work anymore although it is connected when I look for Control Panel gt Printers there s no printer installed Here s my log please help me because my sister will provide me an internet connection as soon as my pc will be cured quot Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system Dwm exe c PROGRA mcafee VIRUSS mcvsshld exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Acer Empowering Technology SysMonitor exe C Acer Empowering Technology eDataSecurity x eDSLoader exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C Program Files Motorola SMSERIAL sm hlpr exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows System nvraidservice exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows vsnp uvc exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files McAfee MSK mskagent exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Acer Empowering Technology eRecovery ERAGENT EXE C Program Files Windows Mail WinMail exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe c PROGRA mcafee msc mcuimgr exe C Windows explorer exe K HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http en ph acer yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http en ph acer yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http en ph acer yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - FD D- B- FC- - AE - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLL O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - c program files mcafee virusscan scriptcl dll O - BHO ShowBarObj Class - A F B - A - AA - D - B B E - C Acer Empowering Technology eDataSecurity x ActiveToolBand dll O - BHO Easy Photo Print - DD - F- -A CA- DF AC EA - C Program Files Epson Software Easy Photo Print EPTBL dll file missing O - Toolbar Acer eDataSecurity Management - CBE B C- E - e-A DD- DB E - C Acer Empowering Technology eDataSecurity x eDStoolbar dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor - BF - F - - - FE E AA - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dll O - Toolbar Easy Photo Print - DD - F- -A CA- DF AC EA - C Program Files Epson Software Easy Photo Print EPTBL dll file missing O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exe O - HKLM Run Acer Empowering Technology Monitor C Acer Empowering Technology SysMonitor exe O... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/failed-to-connect-to-a-windows-service.862794/