Windows Support Forum

Dell XPS m2010 won't start up, blue power light and Bluetooth light stay on

Q: Dell XPS m2010 won't start up, blue power light and Bluetooth light stay on

dell xps m wont start up blue power light and bluetooth light stay on i have been searching posts in other forums as well as this one and i thought i d narrowed it down to the graphics card i was right to an effect my approach was to take the xps apart following dells website documents while i had the top dvd drive off i up, stay XPS light start m2010 on Bluetooth Dell blue light power won't and noticed that the graphics card screws Dell XPS m2010 won't start up, blue power light and Bluetooth light stay on were really loose this was my first job i tightened these The top dvd drive i re-connected but propped it up at an angle so i could still see motherboard and parts warning be carefull electric attached power cable and pressed power button after half a dozen times pressing this it came to life I noticed my fans were working and thought this might not be my motherboard after all no overheating happening then it froze on windows xp it Dell XPS m2010 won't start up, blue power light and Bluetooth light stay on was a start another to ten times pressing power button it worked again this time not freezing went into bluetooth with usb mouse and paired keyboard made system restore point and restarted It took maybe times with it being glitchy freezing not powering up but when it does load xp without freezing try restarting windows xp and then it eventually finds its feet my xps is running ok now jimb nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-xps-m2010-wont-start-up-blue-power-light-and-bluetooth-light-stay-on.167944/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Dell XPS m2010 won't start up, blue power light and Bluetooth light stay on

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 94.55%

I will Light stay light HardDisk in shuts own(Power on/Fine down administrator on PC and turn it on and after a minute or two the monitor goes to power save mode and the hard disk light goes from off blinking to solid on and the power light stays on I have reinstalled the operating system and i thought that fixed it I had SP i installed all of my updates and SP and it starting to do it again it will do it in SP but not nearly as often or when i run a flash heavy program PSP Video or PC shuts down on own(Power light and HardDisk Light stay on/Fine in administrator even the Scion website It will not do it at all in BIOS as i did every test on the diagnostics page for my hard drive all pass though if it turns off it usually turns on and runs dskchk and it wont stay on for that In safe mode it is also fine it will not turn off once I dont know what i did last as it was fine then i was gone for a month and I had it unplugged etc came back hooked it up and it started doing it after a little while I have taken a can of air to every inch switched the Flat cord going to the HDD from the Motherboard All fans run fine Thats all i can think of right now ask me anything else you need to know I ll give this forum a couple of days a week maybe then i ll take it to a local shop to diagnose it Much thanks to anyone who has any idea s nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-shuts-down-on-own-power-light-and-harddisk-light-stay-on-fine-in-administrator.683890/
Relevancy 109.65%

My friends Gateway will not stay on. When he lets go of the push button it will stay on. He says after a few tries he has even had to unplug the power cord from the back to get to try again. Could the power supply be thermal overloading and tripping itself out?

A:power light will not stay on

Power supply is leaving the planet most likely.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-light-will-not-stay-on.681664/
Relevancy 107.5%

hi guys as per one of my friend I could replace my memory RAM up to GB so I ve ordered Power Light Motherboard/Power 8300 AMBER Green XPS - Supply - Light a couple sticks of Kingston HyperX nbsp so I ve took slot and replaced GB Hynix RAM by GB HyperX Now I have a good old CPU that doesnt work plus it smell like burnt plastic with no apparent damage to XPS 8300 - AMBER Motherboard/Power Light - Green Power Supply Light the board or RAM nbsp Startup x BEEP No BIOS Motherboard Light Solid AmberBootup Light Flashing AmberPower Supply Light Solid Green I ve tried booting from nbsp a single RAM unit on slot one then slot two and nothing has changed anyone can help Motherboard Y MRGhttp www findlaptopdriver XPS 8300 - AMBER Motherboard/Power Light - Green Power Supply Light com specs- y mrg-dell Processor i Primary SSD Kingston HyperX Savage added Secondary Seagate TB TB added Barracuda New RAM nbsp ts HX C FK http www kingston com dataSheets HX C FK pdfOld RAM nbsp HMT U CFR C-H https www amazon com PC - - MHz-Hynix-HMT U CFR C-H -Unbuffered dp B BTRAS

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19987583
Relevancy 105.78%

After reinstalling Windows 7 on a new SSD, every time that I shutdown this HP Pavilion p7-1154 desktop PC the blue light and fans on the tower stay on. I do not get any error messages. I have no missing drivers according to the device manager. I have installed all the drivers from the HP website and all the Windows updates. I already tested unplugging all the connected peripherals. The problem still occurs without any peripherals connected. The only way to fully shutdown the computer is by pressing and holding the power button. I have uploaded a video here to demostrate the problem. I have searched for a solution to this problem on Google and on this forum. I have tried almost everything. I am desperate for help. Does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it? Thanks a lot for your help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Blue-Light-and-Fans-Stay-On-after-Shutdown-Desktop-PC/td-p/5748773
Relevancy 104.49%

Hi Tonight I had a problem with my laptop It was in sleeping mode and when I open the lid there were no mouse function and no touch screen function So the only thing I could do was to press the power button for seconds to turn it off but it didn't completely because light drive blinking, laptop light button hard and power doe... the screen turn off but the power button light is blinking just like when it is on sleep mode and I'm not sure if the hard drive light was on off or blinking before this hard drive light and power button light blinking, laptop doe... but hard drive light and power button light blinking, laptop doe... now is blinking I press the power button and nothing happen I press it for seconds and nothing happen I even did the HDMI connection to another monitor but both monitors don't show hard drive light and power button light blinking, laptop doe... anything not even recognize that something is connected to the HDMI port in the new monitor There is no sound nothing just the blinking lights What should I do Thanks nbsp PS I'm not sure if it's Windows -bit or -bit It was upgraded from Windows

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/hard-drive-light-and-power-button-light-blinking-laptop/td-p/5593178
Relevancy 104.49%

Hello I have an issue with my Medialink USB Bluetooth Adapter Bluetooth LIT Adapter's USB Is Bluetooth OFF? Light IS When Blue - Version Class Smart Ready Adapter Model No MUA-BA Let me explain Okay I have setup my Medialink USB Bluetooth Adapter with the drivers for my Windows operating system USB Bluetooth Adapter's Blue Light IS LIT When Bluetooth Is OFF? Now when I plug this USB Bluetooth adapter into my USB port connector on my desktop computer it automatically lights up with a blue light on the Medialink USB Bluetooth Adapter itself and on my Windows system tray notification area I get the Bluetooth icon displayed as ON Then I go ahead and pair the computer and my device s example a Smartphone to connect which they do successfully When I am done using the Bluetooth technology I disconnect the Bluetooth connection from each device and then instead of leaving your USB Bluetooth adapter ON with my Windows operating system I go into my Windows system tray notification area and select Turn Adapter OFF I then get the red Bluetooth icon in my Windows system tray notification area demonstrating that my Bluetooth is indeed OFF and the Bluetooth blue light on the Medialink USB Bluetooth Adapter goes OFF or is not lit any longer Okay so far so good everything is normal However when I shutdown my Windows operating system and then restart the computer at some later point I notice that the Medialink USB Bluetooth Adapter still shows on my Windows system tray notification area as OFF okay normal BUT THE BLUE LIGHT ON THE MEDIA LINK USB BLUETOOTH ADAPTER IS NOW ON The only way I can turn off the blue light on the USB Bluetooth adapter is to manually go through the Windows system tray notification area turn ON the Bluetooth technology and then promptly turn back OFF the Bluetooth technology in order for the Medialink USB Bluetooth Adapter s blue light to go OFF again I find this to be a real pain and chore each time to have to go through these manual steps to turn OFF that Medialink USB Bluetooth Adapter s blue light when the Medialink USB Bluetooth Adapter s blue light SHOULD BE OFF TO BEGIN WITH I would assume after the system re- start and leaving the Medialink USB Bluetooth Adapter plugged into the USB port connector on my desktop computer if the Bluetooth technology is indeed OFF as set with the Windows operating system settings then the Medialink USB Bluetooth Adapter s blue light should be OFF as well BUT IT IS NOT I have no intention of consistently plugging in and out the Medialink USB Bluetooth Adapter when I plan on using it or not but instead leaving the Medialink USB Bluetooth Adapter always plugged into the my USB port connector on my desktop computer at all times and using the Windows system tray notification area s Bluetooth icon to turn ON and OFF the Bluetooth technology when needed I have contacted Medialink Mediabridge and they have informed me the rationale for this issue quot The only reason the light would be lit is if the bus power from that USB port was running I they looked for ways to manage the bus power settings of the USB host but was unable to find anywhere in the Control Panel that would allow you to adjust that particular setting quot Makes perfect sense to me that the bus power for the USB port is ALWAYS RUNNING and the computer starts the USB ports are powered and therefore the Medialink USB Bluetooth Adapter is always lit at system start until I turn off the Medialink USB Bluetooth Adapter via Window 's system tray notification area Specifically the Medialink USB Bluetooth Adapter is connected to one of the USB ports on the front of my desktop computer The front desktop USB port connects to one of the USB pin connectors on my ASUS P Q motherboard Further I have an OLDER ASUS P Q motherboard that does NOT support Bluetooth as part of its BIOS settings -- PRE-Bluetooth capability Therefore I installed the software on my Windows Professional -bit and drivers that came with my Medialink USB Bluetooth Adapt... Read more

A:USB Bluetooth Adapter's Blue Light IS LIT When Bluetooth Is OFF?

Hi, can you give a 20 word or less problem summary please, I got lost in those wordy details.

I am no BT expert or anything, but all I read was complaining about a light being on, which a piece of black electrical tape fixes around my house, regularly *cough* fire alarms.

If the maker of the device doesn't have a solve to your issue... that is usually the end of the road with a cliff.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/293540-usb-bluetooth-adapters-blue-light-lit-when-bluetooth-off.html
Relevancy 104.06%

Hi I've had the Dell XPS 8700 for over a year now and it's an excellent Desktop.
I've recently moved my tower to a new location and notice there is a solid orange light on all the time inside the PC, I believe it's on the motherboard... should I be worried this is on all the time? It's just I've never noticed it before.
Also on the back of the PC there is a solid green light, I'm guessing this is to just tell me the PC has Power.
I tried a google search but everyone with the orange light seems to have PC issues, my pc is working fine as far as I can tell.

A:Dell XPS 8700 Orange Light inside and Green Light on Back

LED on the motherboard will be on as long as the PC is plugged into a working outlet. It's perfectly normal and nothing to worry about.
If you unplug the PC from the wall and press/hold the power button for ~15 sec, that LED will go off. Again, perfectly normal...
Green LED says there's power to the PSU.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19993526
Relevancy 103.63%

i had tried to turn on my dell optiplex 380 to power on but failed.when im on my pc that had sound like shock "ted"inside the desktop.how to fix this?are my power supply was dead?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19683047
Relevancy 103.2%

alright I just got this inspiron from my sister that didnt work she said nothing would black power Windows light, for 1 hdd screen light XP, sec, happen at all well it turned out the power light Windows XP, power light, hdd light for 1 sec, black screen would go on caps lock light blink for a few seconds and it would turn off somehow the memory wasnt in the slot very well bam got it working dumped all her pics and crap to a external hdd and wanted to wipe it all out and start over she is sending me a xp disc but for now I just figured Id go back to k cuz I have that disc and when I get the disc go back to xp anyways I couldnt figure out how to format the drive because obviously xp was running off of it anyways I kept trying all the del - f - f - f to get a dos prompt before windos would load but I couldnt so I figured Id just put the k disc in because I thought I remember that it formats it right before it installs but it asked me where to install and the disk was partitioned and I wanted one drive letter so I cancelled the install before it was actually installing though said f to quit and I hit f now when I try to power it up the power light comes on the hdd light comes on for maybe - seconds max then the cd drive light comes on and it spins up then stops and the screen just stays black never did anything either just black the whole time I cant use a floppy to try anything because no floppy drive I tried starting up with the win k disc in but doesnt work I searched on my desktop running win k and it showed a tutorial for making a usb flashdrive recovery tool wanted me to copy boot ini ntldr and ntdetect com I found the last w and found somethign boot but didnt have ini behind it plus I was supposed to remove the read-only tag and edit it in the notebook but when I opened it all it said was C gt MS-DOS dont remember exact signs inbetween exactly but C MS DOS was all since there was no s to change to s I just tried it leaving it as is but the laptop wont boot from that I know when I was in the bios there was an option of what to boot from and usb was one of em but I honestly cant tell you what it was set at got the ultimatebootcd off the web burnt the iso to a cd and even then it doesnt work but it doesnt do what it says it will do on my desktop either so maybe its the disc in that particular case Ive fotrmatted a lot of drives and installed and se on other computers k on mine every couple years for a fresh start never messed with xp though so my few s are if the laptop was set not to boot from the cd drive at all would the drive still spin up when I get the xp disc will it load right up from that and let me reinstall the OS is there any button to press RIGHT as it is loading that will just take it straight to a dos prompt or is anyone here cool enough to email me a file I can throw on my usb stick drop it in the laptop and see what happens thanks nbsp

A:Windows XP, power light, hdd light for 1 sec, black screen

oh, also, i did try and search and most I found were a black screen after the self test or the windows logo, not right away.

also, dont think it matters, but when the lights go out, it is at the point where hitting the power button again, the computer instantly turns off.

also, just checked, and its nothing to do with the lcd. I just hooked up my monitor, and my monitor tells me when there is no signal, and it just stayed black, then when it was unplugged from the laptop that is when it said no signal.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-power-light-hdd-light-for-1-sec-black-screen.108502/
Relevancy 103.2%

I have a HP Envy m6-k022dx - p/n E0L06UA#ABA s/n [Personal Information Removed] When I charge it up and press the power button:The power light comes on, the wifi light is orangeAnd Nothing else works - No Fan - NO HD spin - blank screen.Num Lock and Caps do not light up. I took the back off and did not see any loose connectors, I disconnected the Battery, removed RAM and even the wifi card.Put the battery connector back on and same thing. (FWIIW: This is a Laptop with an internal battery)  Would a bad fan cause this? (If not, my swag is -the motherboard is toast )

Solved!
View Solution.

A:HP Envy m6-k022dx Power Light and wifi light come on NOTHING...

Hello @W8WCA?, Thank you for the quick reply! You may consider contacting HP Phone Support for additional options.  Please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region.http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html I hope this helps. Regards!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Envy-m6-k022dx-Power-Light-and-wifi-light-come-on-NOTHING/td-p/5345254
Relevancy 100.62%

hey, for the past couple of weeks i have had a really annoying problem with my laptop (dv6000 special edition) the small blue light which enables the wireless internet always stays red, despite the slide bar being pushed to enable it :/ I have done a system restore and have also tried updating windows and my driver have looked at previous posts and carried out thier suggestions (running system.msc checking WLAN is automatic and Wired is automatic) little stuck, would appreciate a quick reply and solution   Message Edited by Dayle on 12-07-2008 08:36 AM

A:Wirless problems, red light blue light!

Hello, it sounds like i am having the same problem as you with the wirelss not working. I am having my laptop shipped into hp and having them find out what is wrong with mine. If I find anything out, I will let you know! Good Luck!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wirless-problems-red-light-blue-light/td-p/6218
Relevancy 98.47%

Bought this laptop with no power supply, I ordered one now when plugged in I get flashing blue light around the power supply but will not power up 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Flashing-blue-light-will-not-power-up/td-p/5634212
Relevancy 97.61%

A few months ago I bought a Dell 4700 off of a friend for $30. It worked great up until a few weeks ago. Everything was normal, I turned it off, but then the next day it would not turn on. Instead of the two normal green lights in the front, there was one orange one. Not blinking. I tried removing cards, RAM, CD and DVD Drives, and even replacing the hard drive. Nothing worked. I now believe it is either the motherboard or power supply causing trouble, but as much as I would like to, I barely have enough money for one. So I really need to know what's wrong before I spend any money. Any ideas?

A:Dell 4700 won't power up, orange light

When you don't want to go out and just purchase a new Power Supply, to test
I've actually borrowed a Power Supply from a working computer and tested with that

Power Supply replacement guide here: http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/SYSTEMS/dim4700/sm/parts.htm#wp1055681

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-4700-wont-power-up-orange-light.139548/
Relevancy 97.61%

Yesterday I was just sitting there watching TV at my computer desk Won't Dell Power On (Orange Blinking Light) with the computer on next thing I know- I look over and the computer was shutdown I didn t know why so then Dell Won't Power On (Orange Blinking Light) I go to turn it on it will not turn on- and the power button Dell Won't Power On (Orange Blinking Light) that should be green starts blinking orange I m not sure what the problem is I think something might be dead I have been getting a message that says quot Alert System Battery Voltage Low quot for about years I m not sure if that would be it or not Maybe that died Would that do it I don t know When I try to turn it on I can see the fan and stuff turn on for about half a second then everything just turns off except for the mobo light and the orange blinking light I ve tested my brothers working power supply in mine so I know that mine still works because that didn t fix it I ve taken the graphics card out that didn t do it either I don t know what else I could do please help somebody I m lost without my computer Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 97.61%

Hello, My Dell 2400 computer that I've had for 2 years went completely dead. I replaced the power supply and now there is only a steady amber power light right at power up. Never gose to green. No video or drive lights come on. None of the diagnostic leds are on. Went to the Dell support page and did the unplug boards and cables steps, etc. until I got to the "contact a tech" part. Computer is out of warranty. Any suggestions? Is the motherboard bad?

Relevancy 97.18%

I first logged out of my computer and came back and I light, no orange button There on blue is no power the noticed an orange light on the power button I There is no blue light, no orange on the power button shut it of and turn it back on about two times with the same results of an orange light I then shut of the There is no blue light, no orange on the power button the extension that houses plugs When I turned on the extension I turned on the computer the power button didn't give off a blue There is no blue light, no orange on the power button light or orange light The VGA cable mouse keyboard Ethernet cable are all plugged in I later removed all the connects to the computer gave it a minute and plugged it all back in There is a solid green light on the back under the power cable The fans turn on there is noise coming from inside the computer a soft humming and light fan from the back of the computer But the power button will not turn on The monitor light is orange and says No Input signal Input Go to Power Save When I switch to input it reads Cable Disconnected Go to Power Save What internal issue could this be

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/There-is-no-blue-light-no-orange-on-the-power-button/td-p/5758254
Relevancy 96.32%

System will not power on at all, and the power light displays the dreaded blinking amber light. It's getting no power at all, and the PSU has been ruled out because I tested the machine with another known working PSU. I have also reseated the RAM, video card, and CPU as well as reseating all power cables and still nothing. I'm trying to find another socket 775 P4 for testing, but haven't come up with one yet. Am I looking at a defective MOBO here, or does anyone have any other troubleshooting ideas?

Thanks,

Anthony

A:Solved: Dell XPS 400 Blinking Amber Power LIght

We decided to just say forget it and build a new one, lol.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dell-xps-400-blinking-amber-power-light.953486/
Relevancy 96.32%

Today I went to press the power button on my Dell vostro 220s intel pentium running windows vistaThe power button blinking a yellowish color while Sound beeps twice at a time. I just used this computer last night with no problems Please help me. I have the system open ready to explore.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,158902.0.html
Relevancy 96.32%

When you press the power button, the power light goes on steady, the HDD indicator blinks once, then the system shuts off. Never get anything on the screen.

Once in a great while, the system will actually boot into Windows and works fine.

The battery is charged, the charger is good.

I have tried removing RAM, HDD and can't get into BIOS even, unless it is one of those off chances the system stays on.

Could it be something is shorting out? I've tried taking out the battery and unplugging it and holding the power button to discharge, but no luck. 

A:Dell Inspiron 17R Power Light on, HDD Blinks, then Shuts Off

It sounds like the computer isn't getting past the POST (Power On Self Test) where is looks at all the peripherals to be sure there isn't problem.

You have pulled the hdd and re-seated it, removed the RAM and re-seated it.  But if there is more than one RAM module you should remove one of the two modules (assuming that there are only two) to see if you have a bad module.

Who is the manufacturer of the hdd?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/545911/dell-inspiron-17r-power-light-on-hdd-blinks-then-shuts-off/
Relevancy 96.32%

I am currently having a problem when I hit the power button on my computer. The power light flashes amber for 5 to 10 minutes before the computer actually starts up. It then goes green and starts to boot. Does anyone have any idea how to solve this problem>

Thanks

A:Problem with Dell XPS 400 amber flashing power light

This occurs when there is a hardware issue. If you change anything then goback and check to see if it was correctly installed. (Reseat memory for example)Could be any hardware including the power supply, loose cables, video card ect..

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517534/problem-with-dell-xps-400-amber-flashing-power-light/
Relevancy 96.32%

hello all,

new to the forum...

i replaced my aging dell dimension 3000 motherboard today and transferred everything over perfectly with one major exception... the power switch cable is too short and doesn't have the correct connector type (16-pin) for my biostar P4M900-M4.

can anyone offer a suggestion on how i can keep my case and change the power switch cable/connector to correct the problem????

TIA,

m

A:Need help with power on/off switch and led light for dell dimension 3000

thank you so much...i've read the page but i'm unsure what cable to use and where to get a 16-pin connector that matches that on the biostar board...

i need two cables for power on/off, 2 for hdled, 2 for pwr led and (i think) 2 for the speaker....

suggestions?

TIA

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-power-on-off-switch-and-led-light-for-dell-dimension-3000.99315/
Relevancy 96.32%

hey there folks i was wondering if theres anyone out there that would help me fix a problem.

Dell Dimension 4500S
xp

i cleaned my pc lastnight including the psu(opened it up and cleaned out the dust with a qtip.

after putting it back together & double checking everything i turned it on but the power light was

Amber, the psu fires up and the hard drive does as well but the pc does thing more ,, nothin on the screen no error messages ,,
oh and the diagnostic lights on the back are not comeing on either..

PLEASE HELP!!! THIS COMPUTER WAS A GIFT TO MY INLAWS N I WANT TO GET HER GOIN AGAIN. thakyou so much

A:Amber power light on dell dimesion 4500s

Check that the 4pin CPU power connector is still fully plugged into the motherboard, as well as the 24 pin main power connector.

Does it beep at all?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/amber-power-light-on-dell-dimesion-4500s-508227.html
Relevancy 96.32%

Hello,

I am dazed with this problem. Trying to find the solution on all the forums.

My brother owns a Dell Desktop computer and suddenly it stopped working.

- The Power button light is flashing continuously.
- The green light on the motherboard is perfectly on.
- The port light where the telephone wire goes and the usb port next to it on the motherboard is blinking continuously.
- The processor is not starting.
- If I remove the power cord, the lights mentioned above and same for 15 seconds.

What must be the possible problem.

MAny Thanks in advance

Karthik

A:Dell PC not starting: amber flashing power light

You would be dazed again, because this is probably caused by a failing power supply. The blinking power button is a good clue. The green LED on the motherboard simply means that you have a power cord plugged in... It could be a bad motherboard too, but power supplies are easier to replace and cheaper to start with

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-pc-not-starting-amber-flashing-power-light.174875/
Relevancy 96.32%

Hi & Thanks for reading my question,

I have a Dell e510 I am trying to fix for a friend. When power is turned on, the power light flashes green for an instant, then continues to flash amber. Nothing at all appears on the monitor. It goes to flashing amber in a sec or 2.

I have unplugged all the components and removed the memory so that I have just the motherboard and video card. I have replaced the Power supply. I have remocved the CMOS battery. Still having the problem. Is it possible that a bad or no hard drive (I have the power unplugged to the hard drive at this point). Would cause a Dell E510 not to POST.

Thanks!

Relevancy 95.89%

I have a E171FPb Dell monoitor. It has a very tiny light blue dot in the lower
right hand side. It is small but noticable on dark screens. It there any way
to get rid of it? Maybe I need another driver for this monitor? Could that be
the problem?

Thank you,

Relevancy 95.89%

So I upgraded to windows pro but didn't like some of the things it lost and some of the issues I had nbsp So I did the recovery back to windows pro within the start on blue Light up screen day window nbsp It was working right after I did that but saw something that made me want to restart the computer nbsp When I did Light blue screen on start up that it never came back nbsp I get th light blue screen nbsp MY system has that TCM chip I think it is called so I have to put in a Bitlocker key nbsp When I start with pushing the F key it just goes back to blue screen nbsp When I start while pushing the F screen It will come to a diagnostic place where all tests get passed nbsp Then if I exit I can find the F recovery tab nbsp When I select that I go to blue screen nbsp Then the last thing I have done is hit escape repeatedly on start up and it gets me to where I can enter the bitlocker key nbsp I enter that it recognizes it and then says restart to continue nbsp I hit that and it restarts to the blue screen nbsp Is there any hope for me

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Light-blue-screen-on-start-up/td-p/5593970
Relevancy 95.46%

Hi,
i am using dell optiplex 780-Mini Tower. last week my pc didn't startup windows and stuck load on dell logo screen with flash light showing 1 - 4 and off LED light. also  didn't access/load boot menu, bios. i tried power on with all external devise unplugged but show same problem.
can you pls help me out. thanks in advance. 

A:dell optiplex 780-Mini Tower. flashing 1 and 4 with off power light

You ram is bad.  F2 Bios setup requires working ram.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19992986
Relevancy 95.46%

Power button LED light is not lighting up on DELL Inspiron 5559. Is it normal?

A:Power button LED light not lighting up on DELL Inspiron 5559

Good question.  I have the same problem with my 4 month old 5559.  The description in the reference guide says "Indicates the power and battery?charge status.  Press Fn+H to toggle this light between hard?drive activity light and battery?status light."  If I press Fn+H, sure enough it shows hard drive activity.    Confession time:  I never saw this in the documentation until I looked it up to reply to your question today!  I never knew I had a disk activity light - man, I'm glad to have found this!  :-)

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19681598
Relevancy 95.46%

I have a Dell Latitude E When plugging in the AC adapter button POST blinking, light no E5250 power Dell the only light that comes on is the power button light and it s blinking continuously The other indicator lights are off The system board has been replaced no change After the system board was replaced the battery indicator light came on and the battery charged though the laptop would not power on when the power button was pressed It would light up then go out nbsp nbsp I ve removed the battery and AC adapter held down the power button to discharge flea power no change Followed Dell TechDirect directions to remove the battery and CMOS battery then insert the AC adapter and power on the laptop no change I ve tried known good RAM I ve removed all components including the LCD cable no change When the AC adapter is installed the power button light blinks continuously no pattern no other indicator lights come on Any thoughts I m Dell E5250 power button light blinking, no POST wondering if Dell E5250 power button light blinking, no POST it s a video issue bad Touch LCD Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19985510
Relevancy 95.46%

Did some searching on here and tried a couple of things. Turned computer on earlier and just got a black screen and two green lights on front. Turned off power from back(because power button on front didn't work), powered back on and an amber light came on and green light on the right. I can hear the fan running and I can open doors on my disc drives so i'm thinking it's not the PSU, plus I had replaced that from the original one when it failed a couple years ago. Another person suggested a motherboard test so I removed all the cards and disconnected all the drives like they said, powered back up and the solid amber light is now solid green. What can I try next?

A:Solved: Dell Dimension won't boot, getting some power and amber light

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dell-dimension-wont-boot-getting-some-power-and-amber-light.897738/
Relevancy 95.46%

Inspiron one 2205 wont power up.....screen. stays black and. blankIt sounds like it's coming on,, however, cannot see anything...Looks. Like. Blank screen Power light is orangemessage edited by shoskins79yahoo.com

A:dell inspiron one 2205 power light stays orange

Check out the reset given in the second link at #2, then the screen as per #3. If it is still the same then responses #1 and #2 (first link) suggest possible items that might need replacing. However, without examining the Inspiron it is difficult to be absolutely certain so it could be expensive just buying things in order to find out. This would need to be weighed against invoking the professional who can look at the unit and should be able to give more concrete guidance.Most things can be repaired but it all boils down to cost. Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/dell-inspiron-one-2205-power-light-stays-orange/633.html
Relevancy 95.46%

Hello, I don't know allot about computers, but each time i turn on the computer it goes to power save mode.
It asks me to press any buttons or click the mouse, i do but nothing happens, neither the mouse or keyboard light up as they use to, only for a slight second once its turned on, then it goes away. The little bulb on the back of the tower is steady green and i use a vga cable. I'd like to know how to fix this problem so I could use the computer.

A:Dell Inspiron 570 - power save mode/amber light

Blinking Amber = Bad power supply.
Solid Amber = Dead motherboard.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19676689
Relevancy 95.46%

My refurbished dell optiplex GX280 worked fine until a month or so ago when I moved it to another room in my home. When I powered up, the power light was blinking amber. I tried all of the options that did not require buying new parts du to financial reasons, so it's sat since then.

I just decided to look at it again and powered it on. Everything seemed to start OK but no dispay. The diagnostic lights indicated faulty memory. I then located and removed the faulty DIMMM, and it started right up.

About ten minutes later the computer shut off by itself back to the blinking amber power light. :evil:

Any info would be appreciated Thank you. :grinthumb

A:Dell Optiplex GX280 blinking amber power light

The power supply has probably gone bad...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-optiplex-gx280-blinking-amber-power-light.178898/
Relevancy 95.46%

Hey, i've got a major problem, probably motherboard issue, so i'm posting it here, to make sure it's my motherboard.

-When i turn on my computer, it does really nothing, even the power light on the front isn't flashing, only the one below (there are two LEDs outside) blinks once! Then it turns off.
-When i remove every other hardware (Except the ones inside the comp.), same happens.
-My computer is connected to the power cord, and when i start up, i clearly hear the fans.

Thanks for helping.

A:Computer doesn't start, and no power light

first thing to try would be to swap power supplies...

if new power supply works, then the old one is dead
if new power supply doesn't work, then the motherboard or CPU may be dead
memory may also be preventing the computer from starting, so remove a stick

if you are using an internal speaker, does it beep in pattern or nothing at all?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-doesnt-start-and-no-power-light.154614/
Relevancy 95.46%

After un packing the brand new probook, and completeing the intial setup wizard i have placed it with out use for one week.When i tried to power on the computer wont start and the Battry or power light shows an amber light on that lights in constantly when power cable is pluged in and blinks together with power and wifi light when power button is pressed. Your kind assistance is very much appreciated.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Battry-Power-Light-on-PC-wont-start/td-p/5835414
Relevancy 95.03%

Hi, everyone - I have a dell e4300 - actually I have three. On one, when it is plugged in to charge, the blue light that indicates that it is plugged in and charging, which normally would be blue continuously, is blinking, or oscillatiing, off and on.

I bent the pin on the inside of the cord slightly in order to maybe get a better contact, and bent the barrel slightly for same reason - the blinking is the same.

So, it does not quite seem like this is a weak, variable connection. Also, I get the same thing with another charger cable. Does this mean something?

A:Dell e4300 blue light charge indicator blinking

Well ,the more I look at this, the less regular it seems, but it does come on momentarily every several seconds. It sure is not charged up, despite being plugged in for over 24 hours.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-e4300-blue-light-charge-indicator-blinking.208530/
Relevancy 94.6%

I have to 2 Dell Precision T3600 computers that only power on after the second try.
If you press the power button first time: the power button get's a amber light & 1 3 4 diagnostic get a flickering amber light. 
If you turn the computer off and press the power button again it will turn on and work as normal.
I have been able to diagnose that the PSU is the problem.
I would like to know if I can continue to use these desktops in their current state? Are there any potential consequences / risks involved?
Also can the PSU can be repaired? If so how?

Thank you in advance.

A:Dell Precision T3600 Power Supply (PSU) amber light issue

Manual indicates it may be PSU cable related:

1- Blink 2- Off 3- Blink 4- Blink

PSU Cable Failure
All PSU cables may not be properly connected to system board. (PS_ON asserted, missing a main power rail)

Did you try to reseat the motherboard's PSU cable(s)?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19681576
Relevancy 94.6%

Hi,
I have an old Optiplex GX240 that had its power supply break, I recently got another power supply from a different computer. The Power supply is working however there is an orange light on the motherboard and power button that doesn't flash. The ABCD lights on the back of the computer are also not lit.

A:Orange Light On Power Button and Motherboard - Dell Optiplex GX240

GX240 requires specific NON PFC power supply.  This unit is 16 years old now and has 512 meg ram of the PC133 variety.   A newer model like an optiplex GX620 or better is still viable.  This system is TOO OLD and TOO Slow to be of any use.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19988710
Relevancy 94.17%

I can t get my computer to boot at all not into CMOS not anything It doesn t power up And the green LED light that comes with the power supply is constantly flashing This has happened before normally when I wait a while before trying to boot I can get the fan inside the power supply to spin just a little bit The last time it happened I fixed it by taking out one of the memory sticks I have no other power supply to test so I don t know whether it s a problem supply won't Computer start, light power flashing. with the motherboard or the power supply However I notice that when the -count connector pin isn t connected to the motherboard the light doesn t flash it just stays lit green When I plug it in it starts flashing again Maybe it s the motherboard maybe the pins are bad I m not sure what that suggests Is there anything I Computer won't start, power supply light flashing. can do to diagnose this clearer nbsp

Relevancy 94.17%

Hi all, hoping someone can help.

I have just installed the HP version of Windows 7 on my Dell XPS M2010 only to find that the bluetooth keyboard isn't working... or, more properly, that it shows that it's syncing properly with the main unit (keyboard light is on indicating that bluetooth works) but I am unable to type anything.

I've been told that my bluetooth card is Broadcom 335 and I've downloaded the driver from Broadcom, but it can't seem to detect any device. I've tried the Toshiba Bluetooth stack for W7, and that has the same problem.

Any advice?

A:Bluetooth Problem on Dell XPS M2010

Perhaps the abbreviation is misleading.. I've installed Windows 7 Home Premium, retail OEM.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/32698-bluetooth-problem-dell-xps-m2010.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Hello,
After upgrading my OS from Windows 7 to Windows 10, When I manually click on "Start-------> Shutdown " my power button light wont turn off, screen goes black but the bottom is still giving light, it only turn off men I press it 7 sec ore remove the battery. Can some one help me and solve my problem. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19989452
Relevancy 93.31%

Hello I tried to install a power supply with my dell now light. to now supply amber e521 getting card+power video tried an Dell install I get a steady amber light after I Dell e521 tried to install video card+power supply now getting an amber light. removed the power supply since it had showed me an amber light With the old power supply I still get the steady amber light I noticed that on the LED in the back I got a yellowish amber colored light as well With the new power supply it didn t have the exact four pin layout of my old one but had an eight pin layout that was seperated so that I could ease a four pin in with my computer Did this blow out the motherboard The major thing I did was remove the heatsink which had pins connected to it when I tried to install this video card but I noticed that some of the pins bent out of shape so I got a new heatsink only this time the heatsink I recieved has no pins I installed the heatsink and tried to boot the pc but it won t boot only the fan spins and none of the indicator lights in the front turn on Is the motherboard or processor dead Thanks nbsp

A:Dell e521 tried to install video card+power supply now getting an amber light.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-e521-tried-to-install-video-card-power-supply-now-getting-an-amber-light.802964/
Relevancy 92.88%

Hi, this is my first post and I have never used any other forum so i hope I'm diong things the right way.

I have a Dell Optiplex Gx280 and it won't start, an amber light is flashing in the power button. I have read the manual and it states the following:

If the power light is blinking amber ?

The computer is receiving electrical power, but an internal power problem might exist.

Ensure that the voltage selection switch is set to match the AC power at your location (if applicable).
Ensure that the processor power cable is securely connected to the system board.

I did both things but it still does'nt power up.

I opened the comptuer and the stand by power light is on, (the one in the system board). I don't know if this is ok.

What else can i do?

Thanks for your help.

Hector

A:Dell Optiplex GX280 won't start, amber light flashing

How long have you had this machine? Is it brand new? If so take it back. If it's not new, what is the last thing you did to your machine? Any modifications? You are not getting any signal. An amber light means it's running but it's not going to show up on the screen.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-optiplex-gx280-wont-start-amber-light-flashing.109649/
Relevancy 92.88%

Hi there,

I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 which is now refusing to start at all. When I plug in the power, the orange battery light on the front edge flashes continuously. If I press the power button, the fan starts up, but I am getting nothing on the screen and no other lights at all.

Situation the same whether battery attached or not.

Any suggestions on how to proceed would be gratefully received.

Regards,
Iain.

A:Dell Inspiron 1525 won't start up - flashing orange light only

Im going to guess a failed battery, power supply problem, or a bad motherboard.The battery will be easy to replace the other ones may or may not be easily fixable.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-inspiron-1525-wont-start-up-flashing-orange-light-only.1021615/
Relevancy 92.45%

I bought this a couple of years ago from a local computer store. It's been very reliable and I run Ubuntu 16.04 Linux on it. This afternoon I had a power drop of a second or so and since then when trying to boot the issue in the subject happens. I can get to boot as usual by pressing the power supply test button which gives me a green light on the power supply and then pressing the power button will let it boot normally. I don't have any version of Windows installed so it's not possible to run any diagnostic unless there are some Linux based ones.
Thanks for any help

A:Dell Optiplex 780 MiniTower, power light flashes amber diagnostic lights 1 & 3 flash

Blinking Amber power: Initial state of light at power up. Indicates system has power, but the POWER_GOOD signal is not yet active. If the Hard Drive light is off, it is probable that the power supply needs to be replaced. If the Hard Drive light on, it is probable that an onboard regulator or VRM has failed. Look at the diagnostic lights for further information.
1+3:  Memory modules are detected, but a memory configuration or compatibility error has occurred.
You could try resetting BIOS to see if you can clear the error.

Reboot and press F2 to open BIOS setup
Copy down all current BIOS settings
Power off, unplug
Press/hold power button for ~15 sec
Open case and remove motherboard battery
Press/hold power button for ~30 sec
Reseat RAM modules in their slots
Reinstall battery- good time for new CR2032 coin cell, if this one is old
Close case and reboot

If that helps, go back into BIOS setup, and confirm that all settings match what you wrote down. Be sure to save any changes before exiting setup.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19996680
Relevancy 92.02%

Well My Dell Dimension c521 started having that Solid amber light issue and so I started testing and everything works as it should however I stil get the solid amber. So I set the PSU switch to off and put the Cmos jumper on reset and push the PSU switch to on and Success! the pc started and ran normally for hours. However every time I turn the PC off In order to restart it I have to reset the CMOS which annoys me because I lose all my settings and My Graphics drivers get resetted back to that Standard VGA Graphics driver from Microsoft. Any Ideas? It all started when I removed and re installed my Proccesor.
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit
4GB DDR2 SDRAM
AMD Ahtlon 64 x2 5000+ 2.6 Ghz

Relevancy 92.02%

Hello - I hope Bev is still around as she has been so helpful to me in the past nbsp I have and that shut off while I was working nbsp I thought blinking start, diagnostic won't light no lights Dell 8400 amber the power to the house went out but it was just my computer nbsp Blinking amber light on the power Dell 8400 blinking amber light won't start, no diagnostic lights button no diagnostic lights in back nbsp Tried to start up nothing nbsp Read posts here about it and tried removing CMOS for minutes removing PCI cards and disconnecting all power and connections from drives to MB no change still blinking light nothing else then did the jumping test from green to black yes I probably should have done that first and got nothing on that nbsp No fan nothing nbsp Can I definitely say it is the PSU nbsp If so is the PSU from a interchangeable with this one nbsp If it isn t are there particular brands I should look for or stay away from when purchasing a new PSU Thanks so much

A:Dell 8400 blinking amber light won't start, no diagnostic lights

Blinking Amber means Bad Power Supply.
This particular model needs tin snips to cut a hole in the back for a regular power supply.  If you buy the startech model it will fit without requiring case modification.
Or you can buy one from an OEM vendor.
The 400 Watt ATX12V 2.01 Dell PC Power Supply is compatible with standard ATX style versions of following: Dimension Series Models: 1100 / 2200 / 2300 / 2350 / 2400 / 4300 / 4400 / 4500 / 4550 / 4600 / 8200 / 8250 / 8300 / 8400 / B100 Optiplex Series Models: 170L / GX60 / GX150 / GX240 / GX260 / GX270 Power Edge Series Models: 400SC / 600SC Precision Workstation Series Model: Model 340 / 350 Smart Step Series Models: 100D / 150D
http://www.startech.com/Computer-Parts/PSUs/Dell/400-Watt-ATX12V-201-Dell-PC-Replacement-Power-Supply~ATXPW400DELL

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19625821
Relevancy 91.16%

last night my pc turned off because of sparks in the main socket. after that i change the whole socket, and tried to turn it on. my pc start for few secs and i could see its fan running, but then after 2 secs it turned back off. after 3rd try to start it up, pc power button gives an orange light which blinks. usually there is a green light.

any one who could tell me what the actual problem is, its efforts will b highly appreciated
THANKS

A:Solved: orange pwer light of my DELL dualcore pc blinks and pc didnt start

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-orange-pwer-light-of-my-dell-dualcore-pc-blinks-and-pc-didnt-start.1111107/
Relevancy 90.3%

System is running horrible slow. The hard drive light is on solid for 2 seconds, blinks off, on again for 2 seconds etc..
I tried to use system restore to go back to am earlier date. After I selected the date it said it was starting restore but would never start. I tried the same in safe mode and via a windows 7 recovery CD. Same results.
I then ran a full checkdisk on the hard drive. It got stuck during part 4 of file on checking files.
I'm now running a full hard drive surface scan via partition wizard.
Note this happened a month ago..exactly the same problems . I gave up and re installed a fresh copy of windows.
Everything was good until now.
What can I do? Please help!

A:dell runs super slow. hard drive light always on. system restore won't start.

From what you have posted it looks like there could be a problem with the HDD.  

Please download and run SeatTool for Windows.

When the website opens scroll down till you find the I Accept button and click on it.

If you scroll down below this button you will find instruction for installing this.

Once you install this program you will see an image similar to the one below.

1.  SeaTools for Windows will search for hdds on your computer.  Please remove any external storage devices connected via USB port.

2.  Detected Drives will list the hdd/s found.  Place a check mark in the drive you want to run the scan on.

3.  You will see Basic Tests above Detected Drives, move the mouse pointer over this.

4.  A menu will open with options for different scans, please click on Long Generic Test

5.  This will start the scan.  When the scan is complete you will see the result under Test Status , please post the results in your topic.

6.  When the scan is complete you will see Test results, post the status.  If it is green it has passed the scan.

7.  Click on Help, then click on View Log File.  If the scan failed take a screen shot of the Log File and post it in your topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575189/dell-runs-super-slow-hard-drive-light-always-on-system-restore-wont-start/
Relevancy 89.87%

When turning the PC on the PC on light will ight up, but when i press the button to turn it on nothing happens... I'm sure this may have an effect on it, so let me give you the history of the computer. I was installing a USB card reader, and when i plugged it in the computer shut down and shorted out (i suppose) and then it actually smelt like something was burning.. Am i screwed? or is there an easy fix to this?

A:PC gets power light to light up, but nothing

Hello there. It's definately not good when you smell something burning.

I'm assuming all you did was plug the USB connector of the card reader into a USB port on the back, correct? Your case was not open or anything?

I am venturing a guess that either there was debris in the USB port when you plugged it in, or your computer was not properly grounded, or something happened to the power supply.

Your next step would be to determine what device has failed. Turn off your computer, remove the power cord to the power supply, and open the side of the case. Carefully take a look at your motherboard. Are there any visual signs of something that got fried? If you have a second computer, you may want to use that to test each part of the fried machine: the RAM, the power supply, etc.

Let us know what your situation is in better detail!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-gets-power-light-to-light-up-but-nothing.118437/
Relevancy 89.01%

I am having a strange problem that I can't figure out what is going on. After my computer is in Windows for several minutes, the screen will go black and say No Signal, the fan on the motherboard turns off but the Power supply fan keeps going. The LED for the HDD and DVD stay lit solid.

I have tried a new power supply but still same problem. I have replaced the memory and still have the same problem. I have ran diagnostics on the Hard drive and it passes. I have reloaded Windows for the heck of it and still have the same problem. However, if I leave the computer in the setup screen instead of booting into Windows, it stays on all day long with no problems.

Any ideas? I am so lost.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-powers-down-dvd-and-hdd-light-stay-lit-462923.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Hi all my pc was working fine last night i went to switch it on PC and green stay light orange on as PC orange and green light stay on normal today and nothing came on screen i have it connected to a HD tv an cheaked the HD cable was in correctly an even changed it from HDMI into HDMI and still nothing happend theres a green and orange light stat stay on aswell ino the green one should be on as its to indicate the power i guess but the orange on im not shure what this means iv read on other sites people changing there power suply unit but its not even a year old so could this still be the problem its running windows xp home everything on my pc is quite new as i upgraded it all at the same time and had no problem untill this i cannot PC orange and green light stay on do PC orange and green light stay on anything on my desktop as i cant see what im doing all that comes on my hd tv is no signle i tryed pulling the graphics card connector off an puttin it back on to make shure it was on properly but still nothing so if anyone could help that be good thanks guys nbsp

A:PC orange and green light stay on

Not even a year old.
So perhaps there is a warranty. Anything you do voids the warranty.
Beyond that, you have not offered the brand, model, and configuration, so the help we can offer is limited.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-orange-and-green-light-stay-on.136262/
Relevancy 88.15%

iam running a p4.1400.with xp home edition sp1 and all updates.i just came back to the avg 7.0 pro it has always been a good antivirus program.when the built is 7.0143.every thing is ok but after the second set of updates the light on my floppy drive stays on for 45 minutes to a houre.eny help would be appreciated..

Relevancy 88.15%

Pls my previlion entertainment laptop wireless light stay orang and I try to use my Bluetooth but could not search for new device

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wireless-light-stay-orang/td-p/5739815
Relevancy 87.72%

My precious Dell M2010 has devellopped the identical problem to this thread... I have windows xp on a DELL XPS M2010 and get a blue screen need help

Was this resolved? I cannot send a message to user before 3 posts and my computer is in the shop right now. The techs say HD, is fine, everything seems to be fine but they even tried a new HD and the same blue screen occurs.

Help!

A:Dell M2010 Blue Screen

If the computer is in the shop, there isn't much you can do until you get it back. But it is probably one of the RAM Sticks that is probably bad. They can test it for you with Memtest.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dell-m2010-blue-screen-669826.html
Relevancy 86.86%

I turn on my Dell xps M have windows a I and DELL xp screen on XPS help M2010 need blue get a laptop and at the startup it goes to start windows normally safe mode safe mode with command prompt and safe mode with networking as well as last good startup I have windows xp on a DELL XPS M2010 and get a blue screen need help none of these options are usefull because each one sends me back to error message quot A problem has been detected and windows has shut down to prevent damage to your computer If this is your first time you've seen this stop error screen restart your computer if this screen appears again follow these steps Check for viruses on your computer Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated RUN CHKDSK F to check for hard drive corruption and then restart your computer can't do any of that and have had a hell of a time trying to figure out what to do since all my work is on there and i don't have anything else to use please can you help me thank you

A:I have windows xp on a DELL XPS M2010 and get a blue screen need help

Welcome Grendelchaos.

Have you got a repair CD so you can carry out those instructions? (Running chkdsk /f) ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/i-have-windows-xp-on-a-dell-xps-m2010-and-get-a-blue-screen-need-help-586365.html
Relevancy 86%

i have a presario v5000. the wireless light does not stay on and i cant get on bthe internet.The computer will not let me access the internet

A:my laptop wireless light wont stay on and i cant access the

HP/Compaq laptops are well known for giving problems with WiFi adapter either working intermittently or just packing up altogether.If it's still covered by manufacturer's warranty, contact them to have it fixed free, otherwise just buy a USB wireless adapter.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/my-laptop-wireless-light-wont-stay-on-and-i-cant-access-the/202959.html
Relevancy 86%

My laptop is HP 650 and the problem is capslock light blinking,wireless light is orange and the charging light is automatically ON without putting charger

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/hp-650-caps-lock-light-blink-and-wireless-light-orange-is-on/td-p/5707900
Relevancy 85.14%

Hello.... My HP 14-ac150 after update windows 10 , the ac adapter LIGHT won't light anymore.Before update the windows, everything is fine. Now i don't know if charging the battery is full because the light won't on.  Any help ???? Thanks ....

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/The-ac-adapter-battery-light-not-light-on-after-update/td-p/5617564
Relevancy 85.14%

Dear Support, I've clean installed Windows 10 Home 64bit to my HP 350 G1 notebook. Updated all drivers from the support site. But keyboard mute light not working, however the function is okay. The touchpad and gestures are working. But the light isn't and I can't turn off with double tap.  Is there a registry hack or something to make it working?

A:HP 350 G1 Windows 10 keyboard mute light, touchpad light

I too am having the same problem.  Was wondering if changing the touchpad will correct it but it works fine.  Desperately seeking answer.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-350-G1-Windows-10-keyboard-mute-light-touchpad-light/td-p/5435824
Relevancy 84.28%

My HP pavilion dv7 laptop charger won't stay connected long enough to charge. The light flickers on and off like their is a loose connection within the charger port. The charger is fairly new so I don't think that is the problem.

Any advice on how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-hp-pavilion-laptops-charger-wont-stay-connected-long-enough-to-charge-the-light.986728/
Relevancy 82.56%

T420, upgraded to Windows 10 Pro via a clean install ... Works great ... had to find Conexant audio drivers so the audio would work while in the docking station ... Only remaining issues are that: a)The Bluetooth light below the LCD is always on, even when I've turned off the Bluetooth interface in the W10 settings. b)The special Thinkpad key combinations (like FN+F5 to turn the wireless off or on) don't work. Any suggestions about what software or driver installs to try?

A:T420 Windows 10 Bluetooth Light Stuck On, Thinkpad...

You can use the following utility to control the bluetooth light on T420 (and other Thinkpads): Thinkpad Fan Control (TFC)http://www.tpfancontrol.com Disable the light via the context menu of the symbol. The bluetooth control via Windows system tray is deactivated after installing TFC. Obviously, this utility is normally used for other purposes... Thorsten

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T420-Windows-10-Bluetooth-Light-Stuck-On-Thinkpad-Key/td-p/3275822
Relevancy 81.7%

Toshiba Satellite A25-S2792 w/ XP & P4 has greenpower chord is lit and yellow battery light is flashing when power chord is plugged in. After I press the power button, the power chord light changes to yellow, begins flashing and the battery light goes out. Removing the battery gives the same results. Pressing and holding power button down for 20 seconds w/ battery out yields same result as well. Suggestions?

A:A25-S2792 doesn't power up yellow light flashes after pressing power button

The motherboard is bad. Have you tried reseating the memory?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a25-s2792-doesnt-power-up-yellow-light-flashes-after-pressing-power-button.158750/
Relevancy 81.7%

My Dell Inspiron 1545 has been sitting for a while, and when I went to plug it it and try to use it, it would not turn on. All I got is a pulsing power light like when it's in sleep.
I recently replaced the battery as well as the charger, because the original battery was shot and the charger was in horrible shape. I also replaced the power jack a while back because the pins inside were bent and the laptop got no power.
I had successfully used the laptop for a while after replacing these parts, but now it won't turn on. Whether I'm on battery, AC power, or both, it only flashes/pulses when I press the power button. If I hold the power button, it will shut off.
What's wrong here? I have checked and re-seated both memory modules, also testing both slots and nothing changed.

A:Inspiron 1545 Won't Power On, Pulsing Power Light Like When In Sleep Mode

Hi CARCRAZY98,
Thank you for the update.
Well, when you power on the system, if you hear the fan spinning and the HDD turning on, connect an external monitor and check if there is any display.
Reseat the cmos battery and check when possible. Since the system draws power from the adapter, at this point, I would not suspect the adapter. Also, remove the memory modules and disconnect the HDD and check if the system comes on and beeps - indicating a missing HDD / memory.
As advised in my previous post, if nothing works and the indications do not change, I would suspect the motherboard.
Let us know if you have any other queries.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19985936
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi,
I picked up this Alienware 5700 off ebay to hopefully refurbish for my son but I'm new at this and still learning and so this thing has me baffled. The laptop is in pristine condition but shows no signs of life. When I plug in the power supply the green light on the power supply goes from solid green to blinking rapidly to the point you can barely see it. To me that would mean a short somewhere right ? If so where ? Has anyone else ever had experience with something like this ? I just don't want to go buying a new battery for a laptop that maybe fried already. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:No power, no lights but green light on power supply blinks rapidly

Remove the laptops battery and try the AC power only. If the green light does the same, it still could only be a bad AC adapter, or at worst, a shorted laptop motherboard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-power-no-lights-but-green-light-on-power-supply-blinks-rapidly.174252/
Relevancy 81.7%

My nbsp Inspiron R N5110 blinking power and on, power Will 15R white not light gear - Inspiron N won t come on I ve tried both battery and different ac adapters I ve removed the battery unplugged it and held the power button for seconds to discharge the system but it still won t come on I took the laptop apart and everything looks alright but the DC jack was slightly brown on top so I replaced the DC jack board It still won t work I made sure the connections are tight the DC jack and other USB board by screwing them down The only thing that happens that shows any life is when the battery is in The power button power indicator light in front and the little quot gears quot light blink white for just a moment then off about every seconds Inspiron 15R N5110 - Will not power on, blinking white power and gear light Any ideas If I have to replace the motherboard what is the difference between nbsp G RW and VVN W I m not worried about the product key Inspiron 15R N5110 - Will not power on, blinking white power and gear light not validating - may even put Windows on it Thanks

A:Inspiron 15R N5110 - Will not power on, blinking white power and gear light

Hi brockalee,
Both the Motherboards 0G8RW1 and 0VVN1W are compatible with this model and there is no difference. 07GC4R is also compatible with this model.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19501753
Relevancy 81.27%

i have tried to power it up with power ac plugged in and without. on/off power button flashes white.
battery is inside "sealed" and may be difficult to access.
ran fine yesterday, shut down with 20% battery life.

if the ac plug is unplugged then i can get the led to turn off but once pushed, it ony flashes. no results

warranty is expired.
unit manufactured april 23 2015

i currently have it plugged in but no flashing light as i have not pushed the power button. im hoping that it will take a charge or correct itself with time.

what do you suggest? thank you

A:i have a lenovo edge 15 model80k9. led power light is blinking but computer will not repond. no power up . the battery is "s

Try the following...

1. Take out (or take it off) the charger.
2. Next take out the battery
3. Now hold down power button for 20 seconds and then rinsert battery.
4. Now put it on the charger again

NOTE: Make sure charger is plugged into the main power supply (not an extension cord, surge protector, etc.)

Sometimes, when the device is not plugged in directly, it doesn't get the power it needs. Holding the power button, while you restart it, clears out the temporary ram (no it won't delete anything you have saved) and will give the device access to the ram it needs.

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3123715/lenovo-edge-model80k9-led-power-light-blinking-computer-repond-power-battery.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Power light adjacent to power cord blinks white but laptop does not turn on! What is the solution to get my laptop to turn on?

A:Powerbook 450 G1 - Power light adjacent to power cord blinks...

Hi there, Please follow the instructions mentioned in the following document and check if this helps resolve the issue: http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=5405421&docId=emr_na-c03515402&docLocale... Hope this helps!

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer ?Accept as Solution? if it solves your problem.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Powerbook-450-G1-Power-light-adjacent-to-power-cord-blinks/td-p/4779343
Relevancy 81.27%

I have a Sony VGC-RB42G computer. I recently moved my computer, cleaned off all the dust, and when I plugged everything back in, it won't power up. The light on the power supply blinks green, inside the motherboard also has a green light that blinks as well. It has a ticking sound too, but I am not sure if it is coming from the power supply or the motherboard. Any idea what could be wrong.

FYI, I have already unplugged everything from the power supply, pulled out the ram, checked the battery, and put everything back together and still no change. One thing I thought was strange was after I unplugged everything, I pulled the power into the power supply again and this time the green light came on but did not blink. It stayed solid.

Help
ncleo

A:No Power, Blinking green light on power supply and motherboard

Sounds like a Power Supply problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-power-blinking-green-light-on-power-supply-and-motherboard.646158/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi everyone,

My pc just shut down this morning. I had a spare power pack- brand new and I fitted that.

Windows ran perfectly for 10 minutes then the same thing happened again!

I noticed on both occasions, that even after I had removed the extenal power lead, the green power 'on' light kept on flashing on/off.

I have never noticed that before when a power pack 'blew'.

Does anyone think I was unlucky with a 'duff' replacement power pack?

Is the flashing power light indicative of some oother fault?

Any and all help welcome. PLEASE!

Many thanks.

grissom

Relevancy 81.27%

My computer was down when I came back from lunch and could not get it to come back on.  If I hold the power button down for about 7 seconds it blinks orange but there is not noise from the fan coming on or post beep.  Also the green light on the back is not on either. All of the other equipment sharing the same power strip come on but not the desktop so it is not the power strip.  I also tried to set it up in another office on a completely different circuit and still does the same thing. What should I try next?

A:OptiPlex 790 Wont power on power light blinks amber

Which form factor, desktop, mini-tower, small form, ultra-small form?
From the (desktop) manual: Blinking amber light indicates a problem with the system board.
Are any of the 4 diagnostic LEDs on when it won't boot? ,They're on the front of the PC next to the power button. Look up error codes in the manual.
Possible power supply failure if the green light is off on the back. Can you try a different power cord? What happens if you push the power supply diagnostic button on back of PC next to that (green) power light? 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19995847
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi, my dell xps 9333 won't turn on. LED and keyword backlight switch on for a moment (less than a second) and then everything turns off. I tried to press Fn key while pressing switch on button, but same thing happens. I do not get any acoustic signal. Can you help me?
thanks, Damiano

A:Dell XPS 9333 won't turn on, LED and keyboard light only switches on for a moment, no dell logo

Hi Dagen
Thanks for writing to us.
When did the issue start? Was there any hardware or software changes done recently?
Most of the components are complicated to remove and re-seat in this model.
If the system is under warranty, Please click my DELL-username and write me a private
conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name, Phone#, Address and Email). If
there is no warranty, then you could contact our team to get a quote for a paid service call -
http://dell.to/1vnT6CQ
Regards

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19996021
Relevancy 80.41%

so i have two hp probook laptops that almost have the same issue , i tried to put the adapter on and it doesnt work , for one it shows an orange light and the other shows a white blinking light  for the one with the blinking light; i tried removing the battery and pressing down the power button for 30 seconds or 60 sec then connect the adapter without an  extension and it didnt work... tried removing the ram ..changed the adapter cable.. nothing    help....

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/orange-light-and-a-blinking-light/td-p/5795733
Relevancy 80.41%

Red light on on HL 5140 printer on with toner light but toner not low - have removed drum - no paper jam - rebooted PC, unplugged printer, uninstalled printer, reinstalled printer
any ideas
thanks
s

A:HL 5140 - red light on with toner light

Well, you're about the 3rd person with that printer or one of it's twins to have the same issue! I hope my HL-5140 doesn't hear you guys talking!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hl-5140-red-light-on-with-toner-light.461210/
Relevancy 80.41%

My system just upgrades to windows 10 version 1607.  It works fine except the mute light and wlan indicator light both stay on.  The keys work, but the lights stay on, regardless of whether sound is muted or airplane mode is on.   CAPS indicator light works fine.  Both lights stay on when f5 is pressed turning off keyboard backlight.  System is Spectre 13t - 3000, model E5E03AV.  I assume this is a bios setting, but don't know how to fix. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/mute-light-and-wlan-light-always-on/td-p/5767768
Relevancy 80.41%

Please I need help, my system power light comes on and goes off immediately after I press the power button. Please what should I do?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/When-I-press-my-system-power-button-the-power-light-comes-on/td-p/5813762
Relevancy 80.41%

I shut down my Pavilion Elite for 1 week while away and now it will not turn on. The power supply light is on, I replaced the CMOS battery and the power switch is ok.

A:Pavilion elite power supply light on, won't power up

As you did not mention any message or display on the screen, I would use this tutorial for a step by step diagnostic.  It also helps to remove the side panel, and visually watch the CPU and rear case fan movement(s).  As you press the power button, pay attention to the fans. Also does the Power Supply LED stay ON? Or did it go OUT when you pressed the power button?  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Pavilion-elite-power-supply-light-on-won-t-power-up/td-p/5700798
Relevancy 80.41%

Daughter last used laptop on battery power and ran id down completely until computer shut off. She plugged in the power cord and it would not come on when pressing the power button.  Laptop was plugged in overnight and this morning same issue - the power light just blinks five times when you press the power button. This is the same behaviour whether plugged into power or not. I've tried holding down the power button. Tried with battery removed and A/C power, but then no light comes on at all.  I've tried removing the battery and A/C power, holding the power button down for 30 seconds, then install battery and plug in A/C power, but no difference.  I tried a different A/C power adapter and no difference. Any ideas?     

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Aspire V5 wont power on. Power light blinks five t...

I had an object hold down the power button all day.  I now plugged in the A/C power, and it started right away.  Problem solved. 

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Aspire-V5-wont-power-on-Power-light-blinks-five-times/td-p/384100
Relevancy 80.41%

hows it going everyone just want to start out by saying I m a newbie when it comes to computers so i really hoping I m at the right spot my laptop died on me recently so i hopped back on my desktop and it was acting really weird it would get some blue pixel lines going any where from half an inch to a few inches long through the screen and it would get to the point where i would freeze and restart blue screen or anything that was open would flash a bunch of random colors or wouldn t let me access anything on it or it would say something like this program has been disable then freeze i use every program out there from spy bot spy doc melware bytes to combo fix and i ran them all in till they all said my pc was clean but the problem keep happening i was only able to use my comp in safe made monitor on blue and light blue lines pixel my dark when i was in safe mode i didn t see a single dark light blue pixel lines which was really nice dark blue and light blue pixel lines on my monitor then my buddy gave me an extra copy of windows so i reformatted and sadly the lines are still there but its not freezing or glitching out like it did and windows is up to date and I m stumped i don t know if its a video card problem or a super virus HELP ME PLEASE i might have screwed up on the reformatting because i seen a few programs on my comp still from before like mirc and perfect world on it so i just might reformat it again if we cant figure out the problem Thanks Mike

A:dark blue and light blue pixel lines on my monitor

Hello,I will be helping you with your problems. Please be patient while I assist you.Some points for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of us Please do NOT run any tools unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability. Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post. Please read every post completely before doing anything.
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process. Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of hartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.----------------------------------------------Please do the following:Step 1Please download the TDSS Rootkit Removing Tool (TDSSKiller.exe) and save it to your Desktop. <-Important!!!Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe on your desktop to run the tool for known TDSS variants.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it. To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to How to change the file extension.Click on change parametersCheck the boxes next to Verify file digital signatures and Detect TDLFS file system, then click OK.Click the Start Scan button.Do not use the computer during the scanIf the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit.If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.
Note: If Cure is not an option, Skip instead, do NOT choose Delete or Quarantine unless instructed.A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt (i.e. TDSSKiller.2.4.0.0_27.07.2010_09.o7.26_log.txt) will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C:).Copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.Step 2Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.Step 3Please download Farbar Service Scanner and run it on the computer with t... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/459026/dark-blue-and-light-blue-pixel-lines-on-my-monitor/
Relevancy 80.41%

Pavillion22 all in one shows  power button light  on also light for power cable. Nothing else is working, no sound.Used pc during the night. Closed down when done. Next day  power light came on, no sound and nothing showing on monitor. Help please.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/power-light-on/td-p/5814958
Relevancy 80.41%

The power button turns orange when I put my Dell Inspiron in sleep mode. Is this correct or an indication of a hardware problem?

A:power light

Its a setting built in to the computer to tell you that it is sleeping and not off.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/power-light-650964.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Have an emachine celeron D. The power light comes on but nothing happens, no fans, no boot no nothing. Any suggestions other than putting it in the trash bin?

Relevancy 80.41%

when I press the power button the hp comes on and the power button remains red. The keyboard does not light up and the screen wil not display. Can you help me?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/red-power-light/td-p/5670791
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi,

I have a problem with Toshiba Satellite M100, that i was hoping someone else may have seen before.

Pushing the power button only lights up the power button itself, and the power indicator on the front.

Nothing else happens.

No other indicator lights light up (unless A/C is connected, then the battery and a/c indicators light up), no mechanical sounds of any sort from within, no POST no nothing.

Then after 5 seconds or so, the power indicator and button lights go out.
Am I right to assume that it's not likely to be the PSU??

not sure where to start

Any ideas?

Thx,

A:power light goes on for 5 sec, then off.....nothing else happens

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-light-goes-on-for-5-sec-then-off-nothing-else-happens.770073/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi. I have a Compaq Presario and its only just over a year old, I have noticed that when it is 'asleep' the green power light no longer flashes. Any thoughts on what I can do to fix this please? many thanks. Patti

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-light.637863/
Relevancy 80.41%

when I press the power button the hp comes on and the power button remains red. The keyboard does not light up and the screen wil not display. Can you help me?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/red-power-light/td-p/5670791
Relevancy 79.98%

Hey guys im not one how post on these much just needing a little help with a head beater!

I have a customer xps M2010 it has windows 7 32-bit 4gbs of ram

Im currently running windows updates too SP1

So im not sure if Its ever connected its keyboard with windows 7 installed befor i got to this machine.

Iv installed the bluetooth drivers from the dell site and ran the patch update but once i reboot the system the Bluetooth is not showing in device manager! I'v tried running the drivers as Admin but now change and iv also tried about 3 Keyboard on the system.

Has any one had this issue before?

Iv had another one that did this some while back and i couldent rember how to get it to stick. but i was able to type in the Bluetooth pairing numbers and it stayed.
Any help is much appreciated!

A:XPS M2010 Bluetooth- Keyboard sync issue - bluetooth

OK so new up date.

iv gotten the keyboard to sync on post. so im able to use the keyboard in the bios and boot options Etc.

Now when i get into windows the system isn't pick up the keyboard. iv reinstalled the drivers and tried to install the patch but the system can find the blue tooth chip.

so now i know its able to connect but windows, im trying to get to the Bluetooth setting but i was unable to fine it in control panel when i did a search, any ideas on what i should do next.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/200291-xps-m2010-bluetooth-keyboard-sync-issue-bluetooth.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Okay put this thing together finally An AMD Athlon with a Light POST and Power NEW power supply since the old one was making nice burning smells So for the whole night while I was in the kitchen installing stuff it worked perfect about hours Then I move it to a different room and hook it up and now it won t work Two problems No go no beeps MSI Athlon motherboard and When I hold down the power button to turn it off it shuts off but the power button is still glowing green for some reason Anyway when I turn it on power comes on CPU fan spins then it all sits there doing nothing Power Light and POST monitor sits blank and has an orange light not a green one Tried different monitor same Tried different video card same Isn t the PSU since it s new no smells either I checked all Power Light and POST the connections they re fine Could the power button thing have something to do with it I know that isn t right Thanks Smith nbsp