Windows Support Forum

I need advice on upgrading the CPU's on my Dell Precision T5400

Q: I need advice on upgrading the CPU's on my Dell Precision T5400

As stated above I have a Dell PrecisionT with Intel Xeon quad core processors E GHz I T5400 on on I need my the upgrading CPU's Precision Dell advice am running a bit version of Windows Ultimate and have GB of ram memory installed I recently I need advice on upgrading the CPU's on my Dell Precision T5400 had a hard drive failure so I replaced my boot up drive with a solid state of GB for a quick start-up and I plan to add another solid state drive for my frequently used software Then I will add a Western Digital TB drive for data and what not that I don t access very often maybe some movies and records etc the computer is I need advice on upgrading the CPU's on my Dell Precision T5400 set up for or hard drives and I already have the terabyte drive so why not use it I need advice on upgrading the CPU's on my Dell Precision T5400 I am pretty sure my power supply is about watt so I have all the power I should think I will ever need My main question is that I want to upgrade my CPU s and I don t know how high I can safely upgrade them I also want to upgrade my video card as this unit is dependent upon a plug in card it has no integrated video but I know that is a different section on the forum If I could get some advice on upgrading my CPU s I would greatly appreciate it I am afraid that I may not be able to get much more performance out of this model but my desires are meager I have found that I enjoy creating websites and blogs so I want to teach myself with the materials I can find online It is surprising at the free information you can get to teach yourself if you are only willing Please forgive me for going on I desperately need some advice on this upgrade if anyone could spare me a few moments to point me in the right direction Basically I need to know where to find the information on how far I can upgrade the CPU s and I believe the RAM can be upgraded to MB but I may not need quite that much I also need to find a good deal on a video card I know that is for another forum but I seem to get the worst luck when it comes to obtaining a good video card Please feel free to offer any advice I am sincerely grateful for any help Eric nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: I need advice on upgrading the CPU's on my Dell Precision T5400

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: I need advice on upgrading the CPU's on my Dell Precision T5400

I have a few computers and none of them come anywhere near yours so I'm puzzled that you feel any pressure to upgrade. There may be some interesting developments next year with Windows 10 and new hardware worth splashing out on.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-advice-on-upgrading-the-cpus-on-my-dell-precision-t5400.207724/
Relevancy 101.48%

I also just got a Dell Precision T5400 workstation dual Xeno  (2008)
I only have one CPU and want to add a second. I hope it has 
"Quad Core Xeon Proc E5430, 2.66GHz, 2X6MB L2 Cache,1333MHz"
I think it has the 09 bios should I upgrade to 011?
Will this machine take a upgrade Xeon that would be nice to get an even faster chip but can live with "two" of the current chip
I also want to add dual graphics cards. Is this possible? The manual says this 2008 machine has "
nVidia Quadro FX1700 512MB dual DVI Graphics Card, Dell Precision T3400"
What would be the best upgrade if any or would adding another FX1700 due the trick I do a lot of video work and am moving up to 4K

Thanks for any advice gentlemen  
Tito Pagan 
wanabe be expert 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19971785
Relevancy 99.33%

The computer has 2 750gb hard drives in it but I noticed it was awful slow for a dual quad core computer with win 7 64 bit and 16gb of ram so I checked in the bios and I don't really see a way to turn it completely off unless the hard drives are reformatted in some way. If someone is familiar with this problem please help. I have disconnected one drive and re-installed windows on the other for now.

A:How do I turn off raid mode on a Dell Precision T5400

You can't just take drives that have a RAID array on them and expect them to work when you turn RAID off. You'll need to re-format.

Anyway, the Dell BIOS has an option for HDD mode, it's in there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-turn-off-raid-mode-on-a-dell-precision-t5400.202235/
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi there I've got a problem and was hoping to find some advice here I have a Dell T that has Vista x running and I wanted to upgrade to Win x to make use of increased RAM First I tried to do a clean install of Win from DVD This did not work as I got the missing cd dvd driver error when trying to get through the installation So I've tried to make a bootable USB but whenever I get to the step when I run the bootsect exe it says access denied I was pretty sure the DVD is working so I installed Win from within the Vista OS onto a separate HDD No problems whatsoever I can now decide to use either Vista or Win Win7 Dell Advice on x64 re installation problem T5400 when I boot up Both work Advice re Win7 x64 installation problem on Dell T5400 However Win is now on F and Vista still on C I removed the Vista HDD to see if I can get just Win working but it comes up with the message that Bootmgr is missing so cant access Win alone I tried using the DVD to repair the install It does recognize the Win but it didnt fix the bootmgr problem I couldn't find any drivers for Win for the T on the dell website either only Vista So now I'm not sure where to best go from here I have HDDs in the computer and I only really want need one OS Ideally I wanted to use the gb WD Raptor for the OS Apps and then use the TB Hitachi in Raid The Win installation is on the newly formatted WD Raptor whereas Vista is on one of the Hitachi in a big partition So thats not overly convenient for me What would be the best way for me to get either a new clean install in the above mentioned format or to fix up the existing working Win Any advice is appreciated

A:Advice re Win7 x64 installation problem on Dell T5400

Hello Unterberg Welcome to the Seven Forums!

I can start off here explaining just why 7 won't load up by simply stating the 7 boot entries as well as the shared BCD store containing the boot entries for both versions are on C! Once you removed the Vista boot drive from the equation you now have to build a new BCD store which isn't quite what you are looking for to make the F drive bootable on it's own. MBR - Restore Windows 7 Master Boot Record

The fast way to deal with replacing the factory preinstall of Vista x86 is either reformat C with the drive tools available on the 7 dvd when first starting up the Windows installer there. Or you could use a drive partitioning tool to remove C only not the hidden recovery partition however in case you want to go back to Vista later in order to see a totally fresh new C primary to work with.

Either way with the Vista preinstall removed you are now ready to follow the clean install instructions for seeing 7 go onto the C primary. Clean Install Windows 7

In fact you could go one step further and see SP1 and MS updates included as well. Slipstream Windows 7 SP1 into a Installation DVD or ISO File

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/231021-advice-re-win7-x64-installation-problem-dell-t5400.html
Relevancy 82.56%

I read in other posts that the T5400 and the 490 are almost the same. So can I up the MB in my 490 with a T5400? I ask because I could put dual GPU's in a T5400 board.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988329
Relevancy 82.56%

I recently purchased a Precision T5400 with a single E5405 Xeon CPU. I'd like to upgrade to either dual E5450 (80 watt) or X5460 (120 watt) Xeon's.
I found a new un-used JD210 heatsink on eBay and figure that should work fine which ever CPU I choose. However the thermal output of the X5460 at 120 watts might be a bit much but do-able. I also found matched pairs of either E5450 or X5460's on eBay.
I would like to know if at minimum I can go with dual E5450's and the JD210 heatsink and your thoughts on going X5460's. The VRM is built into the motherboard from what I can see. I'd like to do it this week if possible. Hopefully you guys have the answers.

Thanks,
Erik

A:Precision T5400 CPU Upgrade

Hi there,
JD210 is the correct heatsink to use so that's one less worry for you!
You're right about SLANQ and SLBBA - these are the S-Spec codes that Intel use for their processors and help identify their individual processors. Differences in S-Spec codes between similar processors usually mean stepping changes.
The X5460 that was compatible and shipped with the Precision T5400 has the S-Spec code SLANP, similarly the E5450 that was compatible and shipped with the Precision T5400 has the S-Spec code SLANQ - so you definitely shouldn't have problems with the E5450 at least.
Based on this, I think I will have to revise my earlier statement to say that you can have X5460s in this system as long as they have the S-Spec code SLANP instead of SLBBA - unless someone with a Precision T5400 with Xeon X5460, S-Spec code SLBBA can put me right!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19436709
Relevancy 81.7%

I read in other posts that the T5400 and the 490 are almost the same. So can I up the MB in my 490 with a T5400? I ask because I could put dual GPU's in a T5400 board.

A:Precision 490 vs T5400 MOBO question

No.  Its not supported and won't work.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19988661
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi all I am at wit s end trying to get the most of my memory upgrade I am running -bit Windows on Dell Precision T single quad-core Intel Xeon E Motherboard RW BIOS version A Got eight identical sticks of GB ram BIOS RAM - 16GB, 4GB Installed T5400 only in Precision totaling GB and installed it on all available slots Noticed on Windows properties - Installed RAM GB GB usable Tried to play around with virtual memory allocations but no success Checked BIOS and it showed all slots occupied with GB ram but installed memory is GB Don t see any options to tweak Installed RAM 16GB, only 4GB in BIOS - Precision T5400 BIOS setting for it to recognize all GB ram Checked each stick individually and all play nice and the CPU-Z reports them installed as well ruling out slot or motherboard issue I suspect its a BIOS issue and I would be grateful for anyone who can suggest a solution I will be happy to provide additional information as requested I inherited the machine so RMAs and returns are out of question

A:Installed RAM 16GB, only 4GB in BIOS - Precision T5400

ok
here is a temporary workaround 
on my example
Originally I had installed 4 GB / 4x1GB in slots 1-4 (white ones)
I wanted to upgrade to 16GB / 8x2GB
And obviously had a same problem as topic starter
But I managed to work all memory in following way:

install back old memory and let the bios recognise it
reboot and turn off pc
install new memory (16GB / 8x2GB)
after turning on you will see the message "memory size changed"
strike F1 to continue and just forget about BIOS existance, because as soon as you go there, the chances are your memory will be decreased

Clearly it is a BIOS bug.
I'm using A11. 
For DELL It would be really nice to fix it at last

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19492200
Relevancy 79.12%

Hello I need yout help to understand why i'm not able to install Windows 7 on my Workstation Precision t5400. I receive this error at the end of the installation "windows setup could not configure windows to run on this computer's hardware"
I had configured a RAID 1 Array on that workstation and i suspect that the problem is due to that but i'm not sure. Can someone help how to fix it??

Tanks GIovanni

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19985755
Relevancy 78.69%

I have a Dell Precision M6600 with an AMD FirePro M6100 2GB. I've found a company claiming to sell GTX 970M/980M MXM 3.0b GPU upgrades for this laptop (including thermal pads and bracket, natch.) However, on some forums I've seen claims that the best upgrade available for this laptop (due to BIOS compatibility issues) would be a GTX 680M. Does anyone here know whether or not a 9xx class Nvidia GPU would even POST?
Note: I'm not a professional user, so I'm not really interested in Quadros or FirePros, unless they're at a deep discount. The FirePro I have performs very nicely in games, but the price premium on a new CAD GPU is on the exorbitant side.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19982712
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello, 
             I presently have an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 840 @1.87GHz 1.87 GHz. I also have 12 GB ram. As I recall all the slots are filled, making up the 12 GB ram. Can I exchange that in this model to use the slots for a higher amount, & if so how much will that improve the overall computer's performance. I'm assuming this is something if possible that wouldn't be extremely difficult to do myself. Finally what is the recommended ram? 
Thanks, in advance for any input.
Rob_D  

A:Upgrading Ram in Dell precision M6500?

You can go up to 32G (you must now have 2X2 and 2X4) by installing four 8 G soDIMMs -- that said, you're not likely to see a major boost in doing so unless you're using extremely RAM- intensive applications such as large spreadsheets or databases.
If the system is running a conventional hard drive, replacing that with a solid state drive will produce far more of a boost.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19986244
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi,
I have a Dell Precision Workstation T5400, my current processors are:
Processor(s): 2 Processor(s) Installed. [01]: Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10 GenuineIntel ~3000 Mhz [02]: Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10 GenuineIntel ~3000 Mhz
more specifically
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5450 @ 3.00GHz 3.00GHz (2 processors)
They do not support SLAT(Second Level Address Translation) which is a requirement for Hyper-V to work:
Current Hyper-V Requirements:
VM Monitor Mode Extensions: Yes Virtualization Enabled In Firmware: Yes Second Level Address Translation: No Data Execution Prevention Available: Yes
Could I please have some advice on what processors would be a natural upgrade for me, which support SLAT?

Thanks
Mcai

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19985829
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi Guys n Girls Can someone please help me out on this as I m pulling my hair out I am modernising a Dell problem xeon 4 cant than cards dual precision - 1-3-2 of x5450 more ram dimm install T5400 8 beeps rebuilding out Precision T workstation for use with Autocad Photoshop Office etc and it is now rebuilding precision T5400 dual xeon x5450 ram problem - 1-3-2 beeps cant install more than 4 out of 8 dimm cards running windows Pro bit SP on an SSD A quadro or firepro is next on the list but I cant risk putting rebuilding precision T5400 dual xeon x5450 ram problem - 1-3-2 beeps cant install more than 4 out of 8 dimm cards any more money into it if I cant install more RAM The X s are working fine - I just wish they supported hyperthreading which would really make it a flyer The T supports GB of ICC ram according to the manual The my dell programme says it supports GB and Sandra lite puts the max at GB but the GB is all I need Anyway I am upgrading from GB x GB of DDR PC - F- - and have purchased GB GB of used supposedly matched HP - nbsp RAM made by hynix part no s below from ebay hp stickers all have same part number GB Rx PC - F- - nbsp HYMP F CP N -Y AC-C nbsp nbsp STICKS GB Rx PC - F- - HYMP F CP N -Y AB-C nbsp nbsp nbsp STICKS I can install any of the cards in slots - and the system recognises them and passes all prestartup amp memory tests although it reports a mismatch on start because slot is not paired so it does not use it I only left it in to ensure that the second bank is recognising the card I have checked using sandra lite and the hardware list shows they have identical specs and stepping except for the part number and they work fine mixed as long as only or sticks are installed Any of the sticks run fine in slots - as I have changed them all nbsp When I put sticks amp sticks in or all the PC wont boot and I get beep code - - which I ve looked up and is just a memory fault so not too descriptive I have another of the AB-C sticks on the way just to rule that out but I don t think it ll make any difference as if they weren t paired well enough then the GB wouldn t work either I ve also ruled out a dodgy card by swapping them all out My bios is up to date at A I just cant get it to boot with more than GB installed I have removed the BIOS battery to reset it but no change I have also tried to put pairs of the original GB cards in to see if its something to do with going over GB but it still won t have it Any advice from the knowledgable folk out there would be greatly appreciated

A:rebuilding precision T5400 dual xeon x5450 ram problem - 1-3-2 beeps cant install more than 4 out of 8 dimm cards

Hi all,I`ve had a play around with the new ram sticks that came this morning and no difference.
Not to be defeated I played about and have managed to install a pair in slots 7&8 which actually works giving me 24GB which may be enough but I`m still confused as to why putting the 2 sticks from 7 & 8 (which are obviously matched and working) into slots 5 & 6 causes the thing to not boot, I have  verified slots 5 & 6 work by putting a single stick into each on subsequent boots and they definitely show up in the bios set up but are not used as they are not a pair.I have come to the conclusion that this is a bios fault and will try flashing the older A09 release and post back.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19541812
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello I tried to install the newly released Dell Precision Optimizer v A August on my Precision running Windows bit During the installation an error panel pops up with this text gt SetupNew setup cpp PAPP PVENDOR PGUID Windows Vista Service Pack IE Version The installation then fails and the installer log shows the following nbsp nbsp nbsp Open file C ProgramData Dell UpdatePackage Log Application KKJH WN A - - txt nbsp nbsp nbsp User error Precision Installation Dell 3.5.5 with 5510 Precision on Optimizer Dell Command attended nbsp nbsp nbsp DUP Capabilities Value x FFFFF nbsp nbsp nbsp DUP Vendor Software Version nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System Model Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System OS Version nbsp Installation error with Dell Precision Optimizer 3.5.5 on Dell Precision 5510 nbsp nbsp OS Compatible with Installation error with Dell Precision Optimizer 3.5.5 on Dell Precision 5510 this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System OS Language DE nbsp nbsp nbsp Language Compatible with this Package Unknown nbsp nbsp nbsp User Parameter logfile nbsp nbsp nbsp User Parameter logfile changed to C ProgramData Dell UpdatePackage Log Application KKJH WN A - - txt nbsp nbsp nbsp Extraction-miniunz path C PROGRA dell drivers APPLIC A miniunz exe nbsp nbsp nbsp Extraction-arguments nbsp -x C tmp Dell - APPLIC EXE -o -d C PROGRA dell drivers APPLIC A nbsp nbsp nbsp Extraction-GetExitCode nbsp nbsp nbsp Identified Behavior attended nbsp nbsp nbsp Temporary payload log file name C ProgramData dell drivers Application KKJH WN A - - DUPEA tmp nbsp nbsp nbsp Translated Command Line POAInstaller exe KEY DA- -FF - DC-BDAD LOGFILE C ProgramData dell drivers Application KKJH WN A - - DUPEA tmp nbsp nbsp nbsp Path C ProgramData dell drivers Application KKJH WN A - - nbsp nbsp nbsp Identified Behavior attended nbsp nbsp nbsp Append Vendor Software Log C ProgramData dell drivers Application KKJH WN A - - DUPEA tmp nbsp nbsp nbsp --- Start of Vendor Software Log --- nbsp nbsp nbsp --- End of Vendor Software Log --- nbsp nbsp nbsp Vendor Software Return Code nbsp nbsp nbsp logo png nbsp nbsp nbsp MUPXMLParser GetResultName Vendor Return Code is not found in Mup xml nbsp nbsp nbsp Name of Exit Code nbsp nbsp nbsp DupAPI GetReturnCode Unable to find DUP value for nbsp nbsp nbsp Exit Code set to x nbsp nbsp nbsp Result FAILURE Previous versions of the Precision Optimizer software installed fine I tried both updating the previous installation as well as uninstalling and re-installing Any idea how to fix this Best regards nbsp nbsp nbsp Bernd nbsp

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19989759
Relevancy 69.23%

i am having trouble getting my T5400 to post it is giving me beep codes and error codes iv looked up the error code and beep code and i am having trouble with it 

the error code is 1& 3

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19986476
Relevancy 69.23%

What I have Dell Dimension Motherboard without AGP or PCI-E slots mb PCI Radeon video card ghz Pentium processor mb DDR RAM What I want New motherboard that is cheap but upgradable New case to fit said motherboard New video card so I can play games like Battlefield and Neverwinter Nights Probably a second a budget Advice Dell upgrading on on my RAM chip so I can upgrade to a gig What I am asking What kind of motherboard and case can I get for cheap Advice on upgrading my Dell on a budget Obviously the main feature I am looking for is just PCI-E slots and that Advice on upgrading my Dell on a budget the motherboard fits in the case and or more RAM slots I can t figure out how to tell if my current processor and power supply will fit the new motherboard Is gig of RAM enough these days has been doing me just fine with games like Half Life Call of Duty FEAR etc What video card do I need I m looking for the cheapest one that will work with games like Neverwinter Nights Battlefield and similarly demanding games The main problem I seem to be having Advice on upgrading my Dell on a budget with my current graphics card is that it is not compatible with Pixel Shaders And that not only is it an older card but PCI is also less efficient nbsp

A:Advice on upgrading my Dell on a budget

That's not an upgrade.. That's replacing the whole system

If you are looking for an upgradable mobo with a future, then your current RAM will probably be useless and your current processor too. So basically you are looking for a new computer here.

What is your budget? We need to know that in order to give any useful advice.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-on-upgrading-my-dell-on-a-budget.66355/
Relevancy 68.8%

Greetings. I recieved a nice Precision T5400 Workforce machine and am struggling to find the correct Audio driver. it has a nice windows 7 Pro sticker key on it, yet Dell does not have windows 7 drivers. I tried the vista 64bit and xp drivers but no avail. I need Sound and i believe chipset too. Any suggestions where to look?

A:Frustration at Dell T5400

This is my best guess.  If Dell can not help you, there is little anybody could say to help.But, for what it is worth...Consider using only the 32 bit version of Windows 7.Reason: This is a Xenon CPU that might not be supported anymore. You might what to check ans see if it can support Windows 8.1 64 bit. If not, you have a machine that has limited support. The Xenon  in   that particular machine might not be fully 64 bit compliant. Test it with the Windows 8.1 64 bit compatibility test.Here is one link:http://www.intowindows.com/can-my-pc-run-windows-8-1-test-it-using-windows-8-1-upgrade-assistant/If it fails the 64 bit test, you will have to stick with 32 bit.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,153715.0.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I have a Dell Precision T workstation that was recently upgraded to Windows Since the upgrade I'm unable to use my audio card I've downloaded and installed the latest drivers from Creative several times No matter what I do the device Not on SB0460 Dell 64 With Working T5400 Windows 7 won't become available and I get SB0460 Not Working on Dell T5400 With Windows 7 64 a quot Code quot message in properties for the device in the device manager Here's a list of things I've tried I've uninstalled and swept out all creative drivers and re-installed No luck I've done the same and removed rebooted shut down re-installed the card and installed the drivers No luck I've tried running the installers in different compatibility modes No luck I've check the registry entries for upper and lower bound entries in case this issue was similar to the occasional missing CD DVD problem that's fixed by this registry hack No luck I've lowered available memory to Gigs as greater than Gigs has been reported as a problem for SB cards in the past No luck Dell support had nothing Dell doesn't provide Windows drivers for this card or for the onboard sound card for that matter There's plenty of talk in the threads about quot Daniel K quot drivers but all the links are dead ends I've read through the Sound Blaster sticky thread and tried everything I could and some extra things to boot Am I missing something OS Name Microsoft Windows Enterprise Version Service Pack Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Manufacturer Dell Inc System Model Precision WorkStation T System Type x -based PC Processor Intel R Xeon R CPU E GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date Dell Inc A SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot

A:SB0460 Not Working on Dell T5400 With Windows 7 64

When you installed Win 7, did you install the Intel motherboard chipset drivers? If not, that could be why you are getting the code 39 and it won't install. Here is the Dell downloads and chipset drivers for this model. These are for Vista 64 bit as Dell does not officially support Windows 7, but the Vista drivers work OK on Win7.

Click Me

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/197406-sb0460-not-working-dell-t5400-windows-7-64-a.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hey everyone I am new to the forums and generally new to Windows too always have had Apple products - don't Pro Install SSD, Win7 - Dell x64, Clean V4900 Settings? T5400, shoot I am a Design Engineer and the past few years I have been running Windows XP then to Windows via Boot Camp on my iMac with Pro E WF now Creo Elements Anyway I decided to bite the bullet and get a Dell refurbished workstation As Ordered - Dell T Refurbished - e Quad Core GHz - x GB SATA HDD - Quadro FX - Windows Vista Dell T5400, Clean Install Win7 Pro x64, SSD, V4900 - Settings? Business - GB ECC FB RAM As I will be using this primarily and most likey only for Creo Elements I ordered the following parts that I will be installing - AMD Firepro V GB - Crucial M GB SSD SATA III - Windows Professional x - Soyo quot MVA x I read through the Sticky quot How to do a Clean install of Windows quot and a few other very informative posts on here but have never done much at all with Windows As far as setting the computer up everything should be here tomorrow I assume these will be the steps to take Replace video card with V Replace x GB SATA with GB SSD I ordered one cable and SSD- gt quot bay adapter couldn't find a definitive answer on what all I need to physically install the SSD Plug in monitor mouse keyboard and power cable Turn on and I want to just use the SSD as a boot drive for Windows Pro x and also install Creo Elements and possibly Lightroom Will it automatically recognize the SSD What happens if I don't or the computer doesn't see the SSD upon bootup How do I get to the BIOS to set the SSD as AHCI I think that's correct How do I update the SSD's firmware to before installing Windows How do I enable TRIM on SSD Where do I disable Auto-Disk Defragmnt on the SSD Any advice for after the initial setup assuming it all goes accordingly so that all my files documents pictures will save to the GB SATA drive and nothing will automatically save to the SSD I apologize for the low-end questions but I am completly new to upgrading or modifying a computer iMac always came so nicely packaged good for what I needed it for - except Pro E Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Chris C

A:Dell T5400, Clean Install Win7 Pro x64, SSD, V4900 - Settings?

Follow these steps to get a perfect Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 which are the same for retail. Unplug all other HD's and peripherals during install to SSD.

Depending upon how it performs you may want to adjust SSD Alignment - Windows 7 Forums. I would consult with the tutorial's author and SSD/imaging expert Wolfgang on this and updating your firmware correctly.

Install Programs to SSD for best performance. If it fills up I'd install only rarely used ones to HD.

Best way to link to data on HD is to create a set of User folders similar to your Named User folders, then rightclick on each to add to the related Library - Include a Folder - Windows 7 Forums. This is more stable than actually moving the User folders to the HD which can present problems we have found here. When you click each Library you'll see the C and D folders within it, so if files pile up in the C (SSD) folder simply drag them to the D (HD) one.

Type Disk Defragmenter in Start Search box, click on Schedule box and uncheck Scheduled Defrag.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/223892-dell-t5400-clean-install-win7-pro-x64-ssd-v4900-settings.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Dell Precision M6400 Win7 64 bit Dell Webcam Central Software.
Long story short, just purchased a M6400, upgraded after purchase with SSD, clean install. Cant Find Win7 64 bit Dell Webcam Central Software.
Please help, no I cant go in to my account and download due to my laptop transfer has not yet cleared.
Webcam is recognized in windows configuration, but not in dell. Already removed win software, but I have no way or nothing to replace with.

PLEASE Help  

A:Dell Precision M6400 Win7 64 bit Dell Webcam Central Software Missing

Hi hdpartman,
If the webcam is not working, I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the webcam drivers.
To uninstall the Dell webcam central software, perform the following steps:

Click Start.
Click Control Panel.
Using the drop-down menu next to View by: in the upper-right corner, select Large Icons.
Click Programs and Features.
Click Dell Webcam Central.
Click Uninstall.
Confirm the uninstall process by clicking OK.
Once uninstalled restart the computer.

I have provided a link below to reinstall the webcam drivers.
http://dell.to/YZkDs3
Awaiting your response!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19504750
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello
I just swapped out a e5-2603 CPU and installed a e5-1620 CPU in a Precision T5600.  The PC will not boot, and prior to a forced entering to bios setup, it gives a warning/error
"Your dell current power supply does not support the recent configuration changes made .."
My PSU is a 635W - this should be sufficient, yes??
So is the 1620 not compatible with this model?
thanks for any help, david

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19982081
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi all I just purchased a Precision for personal use I am thinking about Upgrading 3420 Precision installing a half-height GTX Ti max power draw W I assume that if I install this card I will need to Upgrading Precision 3420 upgrade the W PSU presumably at least to a W model My question is what PSUs are compatible with the SFF Tangentially I would also like to install a quot hard drive but I have the model with the solid-state drive and associated dual quot drive sled I see that the only other available drive sleds are for a quot drive If anyone has any recommendations for ways to fit hard drives of both sizes inside the chassis I d be happy to hear them I m willing to do a little bit of hacking Otherwise I will just pick up a quot hard drive for but I am trying to do this on the cheap and it seems a shame to let the one I have lying around go to waste Thanks

A:Upgrading Precision 3420

There's a 240W option for the small form factor 3420 - these aren't standard power supplies, so that's really the only option.
You'll likely need to call Dell to order that - they're unlikely available elsewhere at this point.
If you want to use a 3.5" drive, it'll need to go into an external case and be connected externally.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19987947
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi:
I need help with my Dell Precision M70 with adm password and where is the EEPROM chip. someone please help me out! :dead:

My email:[email protected]
Thanks
Raul

A:Dell Precision M70

Need more information mate.. be more specific..

What about the admin password? reset? or need to set one? Forgot?

EEPROM is general located on the motherboard generally next to the onboard graphics and i dnt know why its generally near there.. google images to see what it looks like

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-precision-m70.107417/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a Dell Precesion 390 workstation that I need to ugrade the CPU in, does anyone know what processors the motherboard will accept?

A:Dell Precision 390

You have not told us what motherboard is installed, now which processor. They differ in some Del Precisions... or give us the Service Tag

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-precision-390.123123/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi,

I'm trying to upgrade this computer so that I can use if for music. I took one of the 300gb hard drives out and replaced it for a 2tb - I didn't realise the drives were raided. How do I turn raid off and use it normally.

Also does anybody know the memory cards that are supported - it currently has space for 8 - however there are 4 1gb memory cards currently installed.

Many thanks - please reply asap

Rob

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19708887
Relevancy 55.04%

how do i open the case on a dell precision 370? i want to install a second printer card and can't figure this out

A:dell precision 370

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ws370/en/ug/skycvrop.htm#1059310

and for all info

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ws370/en/ug/skycvrop.htm#1059310

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-precision-370.744318/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello,

I am running win7 RC 64bit on my Dell precision T5400. I presently have one quad-core xeon e5410 2.33ghz, but the motherboard is dual socket, so I can add in another processor.

I am looking at putting in a xeon e5440 2.83ghz, in addition to the existing e5410 2.33ghz.

My question is, do both processors have to be that same speed? is it possible to have a 2.33 and a 2.83 running together?

A:Dell Precision add processsor

both cores have to be the same speed because the instructions are hyperthreaded (they are put into the first avail cpu) and if not the same speed they would take diff amts of time to complete. If your dell suports it you could also out 2x2.83 for speed or 2x2.33 for budget

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/18260-dell-precision-add-processsor.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi guys, I had an incident with my laptop and I'm not sure how serious or easy my problem is. My laptop was dropped from about 3 ft. and suffered a dent on the right back side. When I got it, it was obviously shut down. I turned it on and I had a message (unfortunely it happened only twice and can't remember exactly): "Please insert or replace Media Bay Port..."

Everything seems to be working fine besides the fact that my CD-Rom is not working along with my audio. Can I just change these items? or is there misconnection with them? Thanks guys.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-precision-m90-problems.741465/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello,I have just bought a dell precision. When I try to switch it on nothing happens. The charger seems to be working as the light at the end of the cable lights up. There is no feedback at all from the laptop. I do not know if there is supposed to be some light lighting up on the laptop to indicate that the laptop is switched on. I am trying to leave it charging to see if it works at some point in time. It would be greatly appreciated if anyone can help. Thanks for your time.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19989818
Relevancy 54.61%

Hey my dell started to do this thing. I turn the laptop on and all I get is a black screen with a white dash on the top left corner, there is no bios screen or the dell logo it does it as soon as I turn it on. Every now and then it works and windows loads but then I get red lines on the screen and it will lockup or the screen will shut off.

One last thing I ran the built in dell diagnostic tool and everything passed.

A:Dell Precision m60 problem

Go through this:

Tutorial: No POST (Power On Self Test)

Could be faulty Ram or HDD (it's all in the guide)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-precision-m60-problem.124404/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have two Dell [email protected] One has a hard drive fault. I have deleted and remade the dos partition. When I boot from my XP CD and try to install windows it says there is no hard drive attached. Have tried on both machines. Same result. I checked if my good drive (which is still working) would try tio install windows but I get the same result. (no hard drive attached) Am I doing something wromg

A:Dell Precision Workstation 690

What is/was the hard drive fault. And how did you deal with it. It appears your system worked until this drive fault occured.
Slso, specs for the computer would be nice.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-precision-workstation-690.132595/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello, i have one Dell Precision T400 with one CPU. What i need to install the second CPU? Thank you.

A:Dell Precision T7400

Hi mkmanx,
Thank you for reaching out to Dell Community Forum.
Please find the details on Page 27 and 150 from the below link:
http://dell.to/2fhfwaa
please click my DELL-username and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your email address.
Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19996863
Relevancy 54.61%

I am working on a Dell Precision 360. A friend brought it to me after taking it to a computer "repair" place, because the man there told him it could not be fixed. When I first turned computer on i got "ABC" GREEN AND "D" AMBER which tol me that there was another issue with the computer. WHen i opened the CPU up, I noticed that the CMOS battery was missing. I installed a new CMOS battery, and I tried to restart it. Now when I restart i get "AB" AMBER "CD" GREEN. DELL says that this is a memory module issue. I thought maybe the RAM was bad, but when I put new ones in I get the same error lights. What can be going on here. Any help is appreciated.

Relevancy 54.61%

I have bought Dell Precision which I paid euro It came with pre installed Ubuntu nbsp However this laptop uses Nvidia Optimus technology which is does not have stable support for Linux When connecting external monitor I get random crashes when switching mouse between integrated and external screen I have tried to update to latest Bumblebee project but 5510 Dell Precision still have sporadic issues nbsp Another issue is that sound card random disappears and then I need to turn off the laptop unplug the charger wait plugin the charger and boot the computer at which point MOST of the time sound works again or at least partially I have contacted Dell Dell Precision 5510 technical support which said since I have bought the laptop for the company they are not able to refund my money and take the laptop back but they can only replace Dell Precision 5510 the laptop nbsp I have tried to update to latest Ubuntu but the sound issues persist Please I BEG YOU explain to me why are you selling PREMIUM Linux incompatible laptops at such high prices without telling people it uses incompatible hardware What should I do now I am getting very frustrated euro is a lot of money to buy a brick that I can not use Who can I sue Where can I get answers nbsp Did I just waste a tone of money just so that I need to buy a new laptop from different manufacturer to continue my job How can you let this things happen nbsp

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19983426
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a Dell Precision Workstation with separate OS Vista and XP on two different SCSI HDD I use the BIOS to boot one or the other I have GB of RAM SCSI HDD AGP video card PCI RAID card Precision Workstation Dell 530 for an external RAID box with SATA GB HDD in a config Over the past few days the computer keeps shutting off but not completely off the screen goes blank and the power light goes yellow the diagnostic lights all go yellow too This happens in both VISTA and XP and randomly I can be searching the internet email etc I have removed a USB PCI controller no change I removed all USB no change I removed the external eSATA link no change I have opened the case and looked and adjusted any type of possible cable that could be loose with nothing out of the ordinary I have ran the Dell diagnostic CD and it came back saying the USB controller was faulting reason why I removed the USB PCI controller as stated After removing the USB PCI controller the Dell diag CD shows no problems I am up in arms on what to do next Since it is happening to two seperate HDD and two separate OS's I cant see it being a software problem at all Most likely a hardware related Dell 530 Precision Workstation issue Any and all help and information would be greatly appreciated Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dell-530-precision-workstation-304887.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello,I have just bought a dell precision 5510 laptop. The laptop is not turning on at all. The charger looks like it is working since the light at the end of the power chord is lit. Having said that there is no visual feedback that the laptop is getting any electricity. I am not sure if there is any light that is supposed to light up if it is getting the required power. I would appreciate any help on the matterThanks a lot Mark

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19989826
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi 
Im not sure if this is the right place for this ( just joined)
I have also found many threads discussing this topic but none with my exact problem.
My dell precision m6600 has recently had display issues. The laptop turns on and runs perfectly however the display wont turn on. If i connect it to an external monitor it works and runs through till the windows 10 logo and then the external monitor goes black also?? other times it will go through to the log in screen however the picture will be disfigured and there will be little green blocks all over (frozen) 

A:Dell precision m660

Sounds like it has a faulty GPU -- to confirm, run the Dell diagnostics (F12 at poweurp to get to the boot menu that allows you to run them).

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19986738
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi My Upgrade Precision 490 CPU Dell Dell Precision currently runs x Intel Xeon Woodcrest LBA socket nbsp Would the following Intel Xeon be compatible with my system My mobo is ODT nbsp Chipset X Southbridge ESB nbsp Intel Xeon GHz dual core Socket server CPU SL RT M -bit Dell Precision 490 CPU Upgrade nbsp Type CPU MicroprocessorMarket segment ServerFamily Intel Xeon Model number CPU part numbers HH KJ Dell Precision 490 CPU Upgrade M is an OEM tray microprocessorBX A is a boxed microprocessorBX P is a boxed microprocessorFrequency MHzBus speed MHzClock multiplier Package -land Flip-Chip Land Grid Array FC-LGA quot x quot cm x cm Socket Socket LGA Introduction date Jun Price at introduction S-spec numbers ES QS processors Production processorsPart number QLUF QOXI QTII QXQT SL RT SLABS SLAG BX A BX P HH KJ M Architecture MicroarchitectureMicroarchitecture CorePlatform Bensley Cranberry Lake GlidewellProcessor core WoodcrestCore steppings B QLUF B QOXI B QTII SL RT SLABS G QXQT SLAG CPUIDs F SL RT SLABS FB QXQT SLAG Manufacturing process micronData width bitThe number of cores The number of threads Floating Point Unit IntegratedLevel cache size x KB instruction caches x KB data cachesLevel cache size Shared MB cacheMultiprocessing Up to processorsFeatures MMX technology SSE SSE SSE Extended Memory technology EM T Virtualization technology Execute disable bit Low power features HALT mode Extended HALT mode Stop Grant mode Enhanced SpeedStep technology Electrical Thermal parametersV core V - V Stepping B V - V Stepping G Minimum Maximum operating temperature deg C - deg C Stepping B deg C - deg C Stepping B deg C - deg C Stepping G Maximum power dissipation Watt Watt sustained Thermal Design Power Watt Notes on Intel HH KJ MBus frequency is MHz Because the processor uses Quad Data Rate bus the effective bus speed is MHzPart BX A includes U active U passive thermal solutionPart BX P includes U passive thermal solution

A:Dell Precision 490 CPU Upgrade

I have tried a Intel x5365 and it always comes up as a unsupported CPU. I am running BIOS revision A08. Is there more magic sauce involved such as a non-general release BIOS rev?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19456401
Relevancy 54.61%

This is posted in the Windows XP support forum too but have both Vista and XP on machine I have a Dell Precision Workstation with separate OS Vista and XP on two different SCSI HDD I use the BIOS to boot one or the other I have GB of RAM SCSI HDD AGP video card PCI RAID card 530 Dell Workstation Precision for an Dell 530 Precision Workstation external RAID box with SATA GB HDD in a config Over the past few days the computer keeps shutting off but not completely off the screen goes blank and the power light goes yellow the diagnostic lights all go yellow too This happens in both VISTA and XP and randomly I can be searching the internet email etc I have removed a USB PCI controller no change I removed all USB no change I removed the external eSATA link no change I have opened the case and looked and adjusted any type of possible cable that could be loose with nothing out of the ordinary I have ran the Dell diagnostic CD and it came back saying the USB controller was faulting reason why I removed the USB PCI controller as stated After removing the USB PCI controller the Dell diag CD shows no problems I am up in arms on what to do next Since it is happening to two seperate HDD and two separate OS's I cant see it being a software problem at all Most likely a hardware related issue Any and all help and information would be greatly appreciated Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dell-530-precision-workstation-304891.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello gays
I need help. I have got dell precision t3600 when trying to install windows7 not detecting the drives
310 raid card is there and I downloaded the drivers also still the problem is not solved
It's came with windows7 professional 64bit
The previous owner was formated the disk
When I used windows 8.1 it's working well . But I want to use windows 7

A:Dell precision t3600

Hi Yagoub Zaky,
Thank you for reaching out to Dell Community Forum.
Do you get any error message when you try to install the drivers or windows operating system?
From where are you installing the drivers i.e. dvd media or Dell Support site?
Please click my DELL-username and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your email address.
Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19995971
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi Guys,

Wat the best link to search for dell precision 410 drivers

video card
network card

searching under dell website still can't find the driver tat i want..

anyone know and do let me know ..

thanx

A:Drivers for DELL Precision 410

Not here?
http://support.dell.com/

It has Dell precision 410 workstation drivers. Probably the motherboard chipset drivers contain what you need.

Without the service tag or serial number I cant get deeper.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/drivers-for-dell-precision-410.462289/
Relevancy 54.61%

Can anyone run Windows 7 on a Dell Precision 370? I have seen ppl say it is running. I had 32bit Windows 7 Ultimate working on my 370 for a few minutes. Then I installed Win 7 SP1 and it crashed. Now, I cannot get it to start or even freshly install again. I get Blue Screen Of Death ...F4 error, and it reboots. Does anyone have it running at all on a 370 or after SP1 it failed like mine? And which version of Win 7? Thanks (Sorry if this is wrong place to post. I am new here. Any help would be appreciated. )

A:Windows 7 on a Dell Precision 370?

Given that Dell ONLY supports XP on this model and no device drivers for Vista/Win 7 it's a hit or miss on whether it will even work with Vista or Win 7. You are in "uncharted territory".

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/176808-windows-7-dell-precision-370-a.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi

I have a Dell Precision T7500 Certified Workstation what is the best monitor connection to 15 vga monitor

best

chris

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-precision-t7500.1170505/
Relevancy 54.61%

Alright, well my little brothers comp needs to be reformatted, and I choose to get windows 7 for it. The thing is I dont know if his comp can handle 64 bit, as well as I want to know how many cores he has. Its an intel xeon 3.0 ghz, I've looked at the comp hardware details which didnt show much to me. Is there a program I can install or something to find out? I tried everest and it didnt show me anything other than what I knew. So do you guys think you can help me out?

Relevancy 54.61%

Hi,

Need help with the location of USB 2 drivers for the above PC. Looked everywhere, and have spent about 3 hours trying soo hard to find them....Im sure we must of downloaded the whole net...(NOT QUITE).

Please get back to me ASAP...Cheers.

BTW Dell website didnt have any!

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi everyone. I hope there are some nice people here willing to help me debug some random bluescreening behaviour.

I have a Dell Precision M6400 laptop that has Windows 7 Professional x64 on. It has had an upgrade of RAM from 8GB to 16GB. It has consistently passed every memtest and windows memory diagnostic test I have run on it.

However, when running some VMs in VMware Workstation, the host bluescreens. I have updated the drivers from the Dell website to no avail. I have also updated to SP1. The error codes I am getting are 0x0000000a, 0x00000050 and 0x0000003b. I have attached the minidumps. I've also added a perfmon report.

Any help is really appreciated.

A:Dell Precision M6400 BSOD

I suspect the drivers for your memory card reader as they're from 2006. Please update them to the latest Win7 compatible drivers.

There are also plenty of other drivers on the system that are older. Please update them using the reference below:
OLDER DRIVERS PRESENT IN THE DUMP FILES
- Please update these drivers from the device manufacturer's website - or uninstall/remove them from your system. Reference links included below.
- DO NOT use Windows Update or the Update Drivers function of Device Manager.
- Please feel free to post back about any drivers that you are having difficulty locating.
- Windows Update exceptions may be noted below for Windows drivers:

Quote:

Code:

vmbus.sys Sat Nov 20 04:57:29 2010 (4CE79B89)
winhv.sys Sat Nov 20 04:20:02 2010 (4CE792C2)
iaStorV.sys Thu Jun 10 20:46:19 2010 (4C11875B)
amdxata.sys Fri Mar 19 12:18:18 2010 (4BA3A3CA)
avgtdia.sys Thu Jun 03 17:09:57 2010 (4C081A25)
avgrkx64.sys Wed Feb 10 22:52:44 2010 (4B737F0C)
PBADRV.sys Mon Jan 07 14:12:13 2008 (4782798D)
hcmon.sys Thu Oct 22 06:00:49 2009 (4AE02D51)
vmci.sys Thu Oct 22 05:26:48 2009 (4AE02558)
vmx86.sys Thu Oct 22 07:36:57 2009 (4AE043D9)
avgmfx64.sys Sun Apr 25 17:06:15 2010 (4BD4AEC7)
avgldx64.sys Thu Jun 03 17:06:48 2010 (4C081968)
dump_iaStorV.sys Thu Jun 10 20:46:19 2010 (4C11875B)
VMkbd.sys Thu Oct 22 06:51:05 2009 (4AE03919)
netw5v64.sys Thu Mar 26 12:21:24 2009 (49CBAB84)
b57nd60a.sys Sun Apr 26 07:14:55 2009 (49F4422F)
vmnetuserif.sys Thu Oct 22 06:17:07 2009 (4AE03123)
vstor2-ws60.sys Mon Oct 12 17:06:26 2009 (4AD39A52)
nvlddmkm.sys Tue Dec 15 00:06:14 2009 (4B271946)
nvBridge.kmd Mon Dec 14 23:35:30 2009 (4B271212)
rimmpx64.sys Thu Jun 25 04:04:18 2009 (4A432F82)
rimspx64.sys Thu Jun 25 03:13:43 2009 (4A4323A7)
rixdpx64.sys Thu Jun 25 03:38:50 2009 (4A43298A)
vmnetadapter.sys Mon Aug 10 08:04:53 2009 (4A800CE5)
VMNET.SYS Mon Aug 10 08:04:50 2009 (4A800CE2)
stwrt64.sys Fri Jul 31 17:23:38 2009 (4A7360DA)
vmnetbridge.sys Mon Aug 10 08:05:58 2009 (4A800D26)
cvusbdrv.sys Thu Oct 29 14:37:38 2009 (4AE9E0F2)
iaStorV.sys Wed Apr 08 12:57:17 2009 (49DCD76D)
amdxata.sys Tue May 19 13:56:59 2009 (4A12F2EB)
dump_iaStorV.sys Wed Apr 08 12:57:17 2009 (49DCD76D)
rixdpx64.sys Fri Nov 17 23:07:46 2006 (455E8712)
rimmpx64.sys Fri Nov 17 20:49:50 2006 (455E66BE)

http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#vmbus.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#winhv.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#iaStorV.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#amdxata.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#avgtdia.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#avgrkx64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#PBADRV.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#hcmon.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#vmci.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#vmx86.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#avgmfx64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#avgldx64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#dump_iaStorV.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#VMkbd.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#netw5v64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#b57nd60a.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#vmnetuserif.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#vstor2-ws60.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#nvlddmkm.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#nvBridge.kmd
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#rimmpx64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#rimspx64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#rixdpx64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#vmnetadapter.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#VMNET.SYS
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#stwrt64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#vmnetbridge.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#iaStorV.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#amdxata.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#dump_iaStorV.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#rixdpx64.sys
http://www.carrona.or... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/149704-dell-precision-m6400-bsod.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I was wondering, if I have an isolated case of a complete failure of my Dell precision 7710.
Today, I simply tried to turn the computer. Nothing.
Ok, I was in battery, plug the AC/DC adapter... nothing. Check the DC output  18.7, a little high, but ok. Use another AC/DC adapter for M6400, same output... nothing. Remove the battery and discharge the possible static in the capacitors... then try with AC/DC adapter only... nothing. Put everything as it was with the adapter and battery... nothing. Change the ram from one slot to other... nothing.
I tried all conventional wisdom for this issues. I just need to fully disassemble the computer and test motherboard components, but I am leaving this for DELL technical support...  Because, I should be in guarantee... The hardware is under less than 4 months new. A real piece of ***.

A:Precision Dell 7710 dead

Hi OLMOGOROV,
Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.
Do you get any diagnostics led or beeps when you try to power on the system?
Please private message us the service tag of the system.
Regards,DELL-Akshatha MSocial Media and Community Professional#IWork4Dell

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19680819
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi;
I have a Dell Precision 330 about 5 years old. The HDD controller appears to be acting flaky. First off, the BIOS won't recognize the new 300G ATA HDD I plugged in. Second, there are parity and other disk errors reported in Event Log.
The system is running Windows XP Pro with SP2.

If I buy any MOBO, say from Asus, will theirs fit the Dell case?
It looks as though it would, but knowing OEM's I have my doubts.

But then, one may argue as to why I would need to keep that behemoth of a case anyway... well, I'm not sure. Perhaps I would be better off with a whole new system... from Dell, or to build myself.

What is your advice?

Thanks

FW

A:Need to replace MOBO in Dell Precision 330

my advice would be to build one yourself. don't buy another Dell. for the same price or less as a new Dell would cost you could build one yourself which will be better quality and more upgradable.

you can replace the mobo if you want. the dimensions series use standard microATX motherboards and an ATX power supply, I don't know if the "precisions" are the same.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-to-replace-mobo-in-dell-precision-330.51953/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi all I have a Dell Precision M running Windows XP Pro SP that Dell M70 (Absolutely no Precision sound) all of a sudden stopped emitting sounds It does not even emit beeps in BIOS There is no sounds coming from either the internal speakers or the headphone jacks I checked the BIOS to see if there was a Dell Precision M70 (Absolutely no sound) setting in there that Dell Precision M70 (Absolutely no sound) could have disable the audio or something but could not find anything To be sure I did perform the quot load to defaults quot option Although I doubt it would be the audio drivers since I do not even get beeps during boot up I did try to install the Sigmatel Audio drivers In fact I tried to reinstall the chipset driver then re install the audio drivers Device Manager displays all drivers are Dell Precision M70 (Absolutely no sound) installed and working Does anyone have any idea what could possibly be the problem I am completely stumped I would appreciate any help or advice on this Thanks Rob nbsp

A:Dell Precision M70 (Absolutely no sound)

Something weird is happening here. A laptop will have 2 sources of sound: the speakers built-in and the chipset sound beeping device - thats for POST beeps mainly.
I can't see how both of them would go bust at the same time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-precision-m70-absolutely-no-sound.712088/
Relevancy 53.75%

Se bx Dell XPS R dead Hi i need some advice here i recently got a dell precision r for free off a mate that is now a millionare the specs are PII mhz mb Se440bx R450 Precision Dell PC SDRAM GB HDD Windows se i kno its poor but i Se440bx Dell Precision R450 want to upgrade it on a low budget i have checked the mobo se bx and apparently PIII mhz is the max it goes i want about mhz miniumum really as i want to use it as a games server for games like CSS COD BF i really want to keep this as im skint as f k just wanna kno what you lot would do ive been lookin at other mobos in dual p s Se440bx Dell Precision R450 my budget really is - no more im a student who dont earn so i have no cash Basically with - if i can i want to upgrade it to be able to run as a games server how do i do it Also some general questions about a games server what are the min specs it will run decent holding about - other computers Im gonna put windows on it so it wil hava beta os nbsp

A:Se440bx Dell Precision R450

sorry its a XPS r450

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/se440bx-dell-precision-r450.23868/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have Dell Precision 380. It has 3.2 Ghz processor and intel i955x mother board. Can i upgrade my computer to Core 2Duo?
Or how far I can upgrade it at most?
Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.
Thanks

A:Is it possible to upgrade Dell Precision 380 to Core 2 Duo?

It all depends on the socket on the motherboard.
What socket do you have.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-it-possible-to-upgrade-dell-precision-380-to-core-2-duo.157590/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi I have recently bought a Dell Precision 690 PC.I wiped the hard drive and went to install windows xp 64 bit onto it but I keep getting this message" Setup did not find any hard disk drivers installed in your computer. Make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected to your computer, and that any disk-related hardware configuration is correct. This may involve running a manufacturer-supplied diagnostic or setup program. Setup cannot continue. To quit Setup, press F3." I dont know what to do next.

A:Dell Precision 690 Windows xp Set up trouble

It is because XP does not have the drivers for the storage controller that the drives are connected to.  Are your drives connected to the motherboard or to a card?  If a card, is it the SAS 5/iR or the PERC 5/i?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19474046
Relevancy 53.75%

While the specification say only 2x8GB RAM modules are supported. Is there way to make 2x16GB modules work? E.g.
32GB kit (16GBx2) DDR3L-1600 Unbuffered NON-ECC 2048Meg x 64
CT2KIT204864BF160B

A:Dell Precision M3800 - 32GB RAM

Lorinchever - Have you had any feedback? I'm also about to consider a 16GBx2 Upgrade for my Precision 3800. Just wish to know if this is working OK...

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19661749
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi guys, I'm looking towards you cause i search many times without answers.
I have some random BSOD with the Event ID 1003 Categorie 102 and Error code 1000008e, parameter 1 c0000005, parameter 2 bf0c0dd4, parameter 3 ba21747c, parameter 4 00000000

My Specs
Board : Dell OTP412
Dual Core CPU 2.4
2g of RAM

All drivers are up to date with SP3
Here my minidumps
Please help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Thanks
Matt

A:Bsod on Dell Precision T3400

If you have an Nvidia video card, the minidumps are pointing to this device. Have you recently updated or changed something that might have started the trouble?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-on-dell-precision-t3400.108066/
Relevancy 53.75%

I recently purchased a Dell Precision 690 Work Station.  Here are the specs:

2 Xeon quad core CPUs running at 2.66 Mhz.
8gb of RAM, two sticks of 4 gig.
4 1TB HDDs, 7200 rpm.
Dell RAID controller card.

It came with Oracle Linux installed as the OS.  I purchased Windows 7 Pro (DVD) and have the new COA to go with it.

Do I need to initialize the hard drives prior to the install?

Will I need to specify which RAID configuration I want to use during the install?

If I add a SSD (it will accept a fifth drive) later, will I be able to put the OS on the SSD?

A:Windows 7 Pro install on Dell Precision 690

[at the edge of my comfort / knowledge zone]

I would be sure to reformat all of the drives before putting them into service
The RAID configuration must be in place before you start installing the OS and programs
When you add a SSD you may have to start from scratch if you want to reconfigure things.

Dick

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/566402/windows-7-pro-install-on-dell-precision-690/
Relevancy 53.75%

Dell Precision M Windows bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU email protected ghz ghz Installed Memory RAM Gb Graphics Card NVidia Quadro FX M Hello I Precision horrible crashing. Dell ve owned this laptop for just over a year and for the first few months it functioned perfectly fine with no issues I encountered some problems with over-heating but I managed to fix it with some compressed air and cooling pads Around months ago it suddenly just stopped working whilst it was plugged into the AC adapter and when the laptop would crash the screen would turn black and any sound playing at the time would be looped Proving it s not a monitor issue I tried to hook it up to an external monitor anyway which yielded the same results I contacted Dell and they came in visits replacing both the motherboard graphics card three times the heat-sync the keyboard changed the hard-drives it has Dell Precision horrible crashing. been reformatted around times and still the issue continues The issue itself being at any random time the laptop will crash and the screen will turn black it only happens when the laptop is plugged into the mains I ve tried replacing the AC adapter through dell and still the same issue occurred I ve kept drivers up to date I ve tried literally everything I ve read and I m stumped The only way to get out of the Dell Precision horrible crashing. crash is to hold down the power button for - seconds to manually shut down the laptop Dell in Dell Precision horrible crashing. the end decided to replace the laptop but left us with this one but unfortunately my brother has been left in charge of the new one and I ve been left with this one Any help would be greatly appreciated If you need anymore information I will be happy to provide it Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Dell Precision horrible crashing.

it only happens when the laptop is plugged into the mains.Click to expand...

After all that Dell has done and even providing another laptop it will be fantastic if anybody can come up with another idea.

I suggest a change of habit if the battery still has decent life. Try to use the PC just on battery, and then charge it when the laptop is shut down or hibernating. I realize that is not always convenient or possible.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-precision-horrible-crashing.1064161/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello,
does anyone now if i can install the new samsung 950 pro on these machine ?
i understood that i need to use connector from m2 to pci Express Gen 3, but i have only 1 PCI express Gen 3 in my computer that uses for the graphic card.
1. can i shift my graphic card to another slot (as pcie gen 2) ?
2. does dell precision T1700 support NVMe (so i can boot from the samsung 950 pro) ?
and if not can i do something that it will support ?
Thanks,
Shay 

A:dell precision T1700 with samsung 950 pro

There isn't an M2 Socket.  NVM Express is not an option without an adapter.  Not sure if this can be bootable.  PCI-E Generation is not a SLOT its a Chipset.  If you have one PCI-E 3.0 slot then all of the slots are that generation.  M2 SSD requires X4 PCI-E slot.  The Video X16 slot cannot be used for storage controllers.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19665720
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi Everyone,
I have already two HDs (1TB + 2TB) and recently I bought one more - 3TB (I have read that you can connect disk up to 3TB to T7610 motherboard) But unfortunately it is not recognised...
On top of that I am not able to boot my linux 64bit system when this disk is connected....
Probably I am missing something..
Thank you!
Best,
tomek

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19982876
Relevancy 53.75%

Sooo I m not even sure where to begin My father has a Dell Precision Precision 370. Numerous issues with Dell desktop computer It s running WinXP Pro SP He has had two trojans in the past two weeks that I have successfully I think removed thanks to the help of bleepingcomputer com They were both fake anti-virus programs that installed a rootkit so that I couldn t open any new programs The virus would try to tell me that this program was Numerous issues with Dell Precision 370. infected and it wouldn t open it I followed the guides given on bleepingcomputer to remove the trojans and I had no further issues with those particular viruses My dad uses AOL as his main email source and that comes with AOL Computer Checkup and McAfee I uninstalled both programs and downloaded Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security My boyfriend and I have a subscription and had Numerous issues with Dell Precision 370. a free slot to protect an additional computer Since installing it nights ago it has been blocking quot threats quot like mad It has blocked over quot threats quot since it was installed trojans spyware and the remaining at current count have been web threats In the past days on my personal laptop which runs Windows Trend Micro has blocked web threats I understand that not all threats are true threats but the fact that it s basically constantly blocking stuff makes me feel that there still something left on this machine and or that someone thing is attacking this computer I don t know enough about viruses to really form a conclusion I have run Malwarebytes CCleaner Full scans of Trend Micro and removed everything that came up but the computer is running crazy slow and Trend Micro is still blocking stuff left and right I want to just reinstall Windows but I found out today that my father has no reinstall disc Nothing came with the computer there isn t a hidden file on the computer containing a reinstall and he didn t create a recovery disc I ve torn apart his desk looking for anything to reinstall Windows with and I can t find anything and he has no recollection of ever receiving anything when he purchased the computer I m also unable to access Windows Update When I click Start All Programs Windows Update the webpage comes up saying that Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage He has IE on this computer I removed IE and tried again with IE but that didn t work either so I reinstalled IE Still doesn t work I ran TDSSKiller but it found nothing I found a Microsoft article which gave me instructions on how to reinstall the Windows Update components and I did that as well It still won t open Windows Update I wouldn t be surprised if this were somehow related to the virus stuff that s happening but I m not certain Sorry this post is so long Requested logs to follow Every time I try to reply to my own thread I get a message saying the connection has been reset I ll post logs as soon as I m allowed to To add to the list of things that s wrong - it wasn t letting me reply to my own threads with Firefox or IE I emailed myself the logs hopped on my laptop and was able to post with zero issue nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

i need someone to unzip Dell Precision 470 bios.......

win7x64 wont do it so i need someone with x86

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

A:Dell Precision 470 bios unzipping?

Hello,

That appears to be a .exe file, likely the BIOS itself. Only run that file on the machine whose BIOS you are trying to update.

The latest BIOS for that machine is dated 3/28/2006 so I wouldn't recommend installing it unless you need it. Be aware, that machine does not even list Vista as a supported OS.

Drivers & Downloads

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/103006-dell-precision-470-bios-unzipping.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I've been thinking of upgrading to a used Precision T3500. I've looked on wikipedia and pdf's and saw that it comes with either a Xeon 3500, 5500 or 5600 series. Which series is the best one? I'm assuming the 5600 series is the best one. And if so, anyone know which cpu in this series is the best one offered for this particular system?
 Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19993974
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi,
Is this pc still limited to sub-TB individual hard drives please? I know you can run 3 drives in this desktop but the original specs list a combined max of 1.5TB storage?
Are all these 490s potentially 32GB memory pc's please?
Thanks.

A:Dell Precision 490 - pros & cons?

Hi KR236RK,
Thank you for writing to us.

We would recommend to populate Hard Drives as per the capacity specified in System Manual.
The system may support and work with an individual Hard Drive of up to 2TB. However, would recommend to upgrade the Hard Drives as per the Dell Recommended and tested specifications. 
Kindest Regards,DELL-Akshatha MSocial Media and Community Professional#IWork4Dell

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19651307
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi there,
I'm cobbling together a machine from others I have around the office and was wondering if anyone knows whether or not an i5-2400 is supported in the Precision T1500. I see that the manuals say i5 and i7 are supported, but that's not specific enough to know if it'll work. Appreciate the assistance!

Steve

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19987854
Relevancy 53.75%

Precision Workstation Internal Drives Floppy DVD-Rom Drive CD-RW Drive Internal Zip Dell Workstation enough 2nd HDD - not 530 - Precision connectors GB HDD GB I am adding this HDD I bought another HDD for storage purposes and I have a little dilemma because there is a plastic divider inside the box that seperates the PCI slots and the HDD s so I cannot connect the cables from the PCI card to the HDD connectors The problem lies in the fact that I have so many internal devices that use up all the cable connectors The primary IDE cables are set up from the factory to plug into the Primary Dell Precision Workstation 530 - 2nd HDD - not enough connectors HDD Master plug and the secondary connector is plugged into the internal ZIP drive Let me try to graphically show the connections Factory setup as follows Primary IDE Slot on Motherboard -- gt Primary HDD Master connector on ribbon cable -- gt Zip Drive Slave connector on ribbon cable What I want to do Ultra ATA PCI controller card -- gt Primary HDD Master Connector on ribbon cable -- gt New nd HDD Slave connector on ribbon cable Primary IDE Slot on Motherboard -- gt Zip Drive using Master connector on ribbon cable There is that plastic divider that I think is meant for the front fan s efficiency so when the case is closed the divider literally creates another compartment inside the case Therefore I cannot connect a ribbon cable from a PCI card to the HDD s that is on the other side of the divider The guy at CompUSA said that I cannot get a ribbon cable that has connectors That would really solve my dilemma Right now I disabled the ZIP drive so I can setup the new HDD until I can solve my connection issues Does anyone know how I could connect all my hardware devices Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Dell Precision Workstation 530 - 2nd HDD - not enough connectors

Suggestion: Get a USB or Firewire enclosure and set the new hard drive up external.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-precision-workstation-530-2nd-hdd-not-enough-connectors.359946/
Relevancy 53.75%

I ordered a Dell Precision M3800 and as soon as I got it out of the box, it'd immediately had problems turning on. The button would light up, the keyboard lights would turn on for a few seconds, then everything would shut down. It worked every once in a while if I removed the power cable or if I tried different combinations of removing/inserting power cable and pressing the button. I took it into the shop and they replaced the motherboard and now it will not turn on at all. The service desk said it turned on for them, but it turned on once for me after pressing the button 20+ times, but never turned back on after that.I have requested a replacement computer, but in the mean time, does anyone have any idea what the problem might be or how I can turn it on to retrieve my files.

A:Dell Precision M3800 Won't Turn On

I've had my M380 for about 8 months and just this week started having same problem. I have found that removing my Logitech usb wireless mouse/keyboard dongle has allowed it to startup. Its happened the last 2 days and both times I couldn't do anything to get it started. Both times I removed the USB dongle it started on the next try. This is frustrating.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19621977
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi everybody!
I'm a new member of the "Dead M3800s" Club. My warranty is out, and my machine decided to die about two weeks ago.
My machine has already been "healed" 2 (or 3) times in a year, with two mobo swap, which is still the Rev 1.0 one...shouldn't I receive the Rev 2.0, since I've told Dell about the malfunctioning from the first time and considering the fact that it may be related?
How did it end up for the other "out of warranty" M3800 owners? Any news? Also, they made me an outrageous quotation for the repair!
Best regards!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993905
Relevancy 53.75%

Is there any confirmation from anyone that Windows 10 works properly on the Precision Mobile Workstation M6600?
There were no drivers for Windows 8.1 and I never managed to get it working properly with Windows 8.1. VMWare Workstation would crash, blue screens etc. Thats because there were no drivers released for this model from Dell for Windows 8.1.    But will it be the same story with Windows 10?    

A:Dell Precision m6600 and Windows 10

I can confirm Windows 10 DOES work on the M6600. I just upgraded my M6600 and Windows 10 actually improved some drivers and made my computer work way better.
From the time I bought my Logitech H800 headset I have been unable to pair it directly with the laptop via Bluetooth. The USB receiver was always required. As soon as I upgraded to Windows 10 my H800 was recognized and immediately connected!
There were two small issues that scared me at first. Neither WIFI or Bluetooth worked immediately after the Windows 10 upgrade. I am not sure why this happened but I simply went to the Network adapters and disabled then re-enabled each one. After being re-enabled the WIFI started working along with Bluetooth

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19640603
Relevancy 53.75%

Precision Tower 5810 - Bios Rev A12
the system has BIOS A12 installed.in BIOS setup i have set the fan control to "auto" and moved the slider to the very left.still, the fans are running quite noisy. it seems they are running at too high RPM.
please note: none of the usual tools are able to read any fan sensors from the system. so i can only judge "by ear".
for testing purposes i have also moved the slider to the very right. the system then blows like a jumbo jet lifting off. so the fan control does seem to be functional.
it's just that the "minimum" RPM still seems to be too high.
any suggestions how to lower the idle RPM?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19976174
Relevancy 53.75%

I have A dell precision M65 Win Xp and I going to brazil this summer and I need a Network Driver that will work down there I will be using Wi-Fi down there and the one I downloaded it says only download this driver if you reside in United States. So I am guessing this driver won't work down there if anybody knows which one I have to download PLEASE let me know THANKZ.

A:Dell Precision M65 network Driver

Just taking a wild guess I'd say download a driver that is supposed to work in Brazil.

For example, if you have one of the adapters listed in the "Release Title" then download here: http://support.dell.com/support/dow...-1&impid=-1&formatcnt=1&libid=5&fileid=202136

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-precision-m65-network-driver.581423/
Relevancy 53.75%

Good Afternoon, I have an enterprise enviroment that is having multiple issues with BSOD on M6800. Thing is, it is not every M6800 just a small number. We can find no rhyme or reason. We have updated drivers, bios, changed system boards, docks yet they all BSOD. Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/380793-bsod-dell-precision-m6800.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I recently ordered have not yet received a Dell Precision T workstation I tend CPU Dell Upgrade T3600 Precision to build my own desktops but I didn t want anything too flashy case wise cared more about ease of access etc and all the good quot build your own quot cases are very loud Dell Precision T3600 CPU Upgrade color wise light wise not decibel wise necessarily At any rate because of this quot build your Dell Precision T3600 CPU Upgrade own spirit quot I ordered it with pretty much budget everything except the PSU which I upgraded to the Watt option I figure I can upgrade CPU GPU RAM SSD etc later and save money The one thing that is unclear on Dell s website however is what CPU options are supported I know it is a socket LGA but some of these have core count restrictions Dell only lists it on their website with up to core CPUs but core chips do exist for the LGA socket Does anybody Dell Precision T3600 CPU Upgrade know if these chips are compatible with the system s motherboard Thanks in advance

A:Dell Precision T3600 CPU Upgrade

Hello there.
I know this is an old post, but what´s your current setup? Did you make the 8-core upgrade? What´s your config? I would love to know cause I´m having issues with mine. Here is my thread about my issue (regarding CPU E5-2670 V1, stepping C1)::

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/p/19973706/20921706
Thanks a bunch for any answers!!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19530837
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi

I recently purchased a Dell Precision 5510 and I am now planning to install a 500gb SSD (M2), either a Samsung 500GB 850 EVO M.2 or a Crucial CT500MX200SSD4.

Does anyone know if  either of these two SSDs are compatible or have any issues with this laptop?

Thanks

J.

A:Dell Precision 5510 - M2 SATA SSD

Thank you for posting your query here.Both these device should work without any issues after the upgrade.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19995641
Relevancy 53.75%

I left my office (at home) for a short time and when i returned, my computer was off and there were no led indicator lights illuminated as they usually are. It will not power up at all. The light on the power button illuminates, but nothing else (externally at least, there are two led lights on the motherboard which come on when plugged in). I have removed all accessories, bypassed the UPS, tried several outlets without any success. Removed memory, CD & DVD, hard drive and still nothing. It is totally unresponsive. It is my business computer and I really need to solve this.

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi All,
We purchased a number of Dell Precision M3800 laptops for the business however we have already had a high failure rate in which the machine is totally dead. 
We have had 3 out of 10 which have had their motherboard replaced to resolve this issue but i am looking to see if this is a known issue or just a bad batch of motherboards.
Has anyone else had this issue?

A:Dell Precision M3800 Dead

Hi andyjstew,

Sorry to hear so many of those systems have had trouble out of the box! I’ve not come across any other customers reporting this yet but would certainly like to investigate further, especially given the number of your systems effected.

I’ve sent you a private message to follow up on those service calls.

Thanks,

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19624024
Relevancy 53.75%

I have A dell precision M65 Win Xp and I going to brazil this summer and I need a Network Driver that will work down there I will be using Wi-Fi down there and the one I downloaded it says only download this driver if you reside in United States. So I am guessing this driver won't work down there if anybody knows which one I have to download PLEASE let me know THANKZ.

Relevancy 53.75%

Need Dell Precision T1650 manual.  Below URL generates 404.  Dell - Please fix and or provide manual
http://downloads.dell.com/manuals/all-products/esuprt_desktop/esuprtl_precision_workstation/precision-t1650_owner%27s%20manual_en-us.pdf

A:Dell Precision T1650 manual

Try this link.
I reported the broken one to the site admin.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19984548
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello everyoneI have a Precision 5810 with 16gb's of RAM. These are 4 x 4gb 2133MHz DDR4 RDIMM ECC sticks.I want to upgrade my memory to 32GB's! Considering the fact that the mobo has 8 sockets, what would it best to do ? - Can I put 2x8 GB's of the same or it must be 4x4GB just like the ones that are plugged? - Can I put any other brand (kingston or crucial) combined with the originals that I have from Dell?
***sorry to ask but dellsuppport team here in Greece, mentioned the cost for another 4x4GB sticks from Dell is 450Euros or 500$. That is waay too muchI would appreciate any answerThanks in advance, Dimitris

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19987330
Relevancy 53.75%

I bought a new Dell Precision T5810, Xeon E5-1650 v3, 256GB ECC RAM, 1TB SSD Samsung 850. It runs Linux 16.01 without problems. It runs well some apps we wrote in Python, but it seems the performance is slower than expected. A sample dataset execution takes 1:20 to finish, while it takes 0:54 in my Dell XPS,  i7-4702HQ, 16GB RAM and SSD. With a bigger dataset it takes also much more time to execute.
I've run some separate tests, and memory, hdd and cpu are faster than the laptop's. I've tried also the Dell's Ubuntu 12.04 and same performance. With hyperthreading activated it even takes longer time to execute (20 seconds more for the sample data).
Any idea what makes it perform so slow?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19987464
Relevancy 53.75%

It does not boot at all, no screen at all, the (num lock/cap lock/scroll lock lights) num lock stays on, caps lock and scroll lock blink for about 30 seconds then stay on. The power button never lights.

What should I do to troubleshoot?

Thanks!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993499
Relevancy 53.75%

Well apparently when they installed my new motherboard they did something wrong and M70 Dell Flashing Precision on Bios my computer Bios Flashing on Dell Precision M70 s bios reads lattitude version a I talked to one of the tech guys over the phone and they use the same motherboard for multiple latptops Anyway you can see how this would cause me problems mainly video Bios Flashing on Dell Precision M70 card issues Ive downloaded the new bios but it wont let me run it or forcetype it says NOTICE Running on an unsupported system Occasionally I ll be able to boot up just fine but I cant run any games or anything that stresses the video card and sometimes when i boot up it will be a mess of colors and lines and ill barely be able to see anything and those times i cant even load into normal mode I dont have a floppy disk drive i do have a cd burner and flash drive is there anyway for me to get this bios to run Windows xp pro btw nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

We have a Dell Precision Tower 3620 and have purchased a firepro W7000 to install. only problem is the 6 Pin connector provided by dell has a different pin arrangement. the middle top pin as you look at the plug is square instead of the usual rounded corner pin so will not go into the socket.
Anyone know why this would be?
Thanks
Aaron

A:Dell Precision Tower 3620 GPU 6 PIN

The only video cards validated in the Precision T3620 did not need the power supply lead. So this may be why the 290w PSU is lacking the correct cable? Perhaps another Precision T3620 can open their case and also check the PSU cabling.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19682569
Relevancy 53.75%

I've installed an AMD RX 480 card on my old Dell T5500.
After installing latest driver from AMD and updated BIOS I got this error on my windows 10 (64bit) device manager
"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"
Is there anyone have an idea how to make it works?
Thanks a lot.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19984544
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello,
 I have a Dell Precision T1650 Workstation at my school that I use for deep learning. I was wondering if I will be able to swap the original L275AM-00 PSU with corsair RM550X and add GTX1070? If the GPU is too long I can just get rid of the drive bay. Here are the system specs: 
Intel(R) Core(TM)-i5-3550 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4CPUs)
4GB RAM
0X9M3X Motherboard
I'll be using the GPU mostly for Deep Learning calculations.
Any suggestions and replies regarding T1650 and GPU recommendations are welcome.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19993588
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello,
I have a Dell Precision M70 laptop. My question is about my battery. The battery is brand new and it holds a 3 hour charge for quite a while. My question is that when I shutdown my system and then try to start it up using the battery and no AC power it won't turn on. If I plug the AC power cord in with power, then the laptop will boot up. While in windows I can unplug the AC cord and run on the battery which has a full 3 hour charge. Should I take the battery out and use an eraser on the contact points? Or is there some setting I have overlooked? Or should I shutdown the laptop with the AC cord unplugged to boot up with the battery? I am lost at this point because the battery is good. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Peter

Relevancy 53.75%

Hello I recently acquired one of these and it is not bright enough. when I go to settings and try to adjust the brightness bar nothing happens it just stays the same. I bought this because I am 62 and have Parkinson's and wanted a bigger screen. Without being able to increase the brightness I will be unable to use this unit. Help please! Thank you

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19996421
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi, I'm using a Dell Precision M6500 on Windows 7 and there is no sound. It seems to have happened after installing Borderlands, and only Borderlands and Skype would have sound, nothing else. I tried reformatting and now nothing has sound. Device Manager says that the sound card is fine, I tried rolling back the driver, no sound. Then I updated to the newest driver, no sound. Then I plugged my computer into my TV via the display port and the sound runs perfectly through there. I am thoroughly confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Dell Precision M6500 No Sound

Right click on the sound icon in the start menu (close to the clock), then click playback devices. Make sure you have the correct output device set as default. Right now because the sound works through display port the default device is probably some HD audio device. You will want to select the "speakers" as the default. Right click on the correct output and select "set as default device" Sound will go through whatever the default device is currently set as.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526583/dell-precision-m6500-no-sound/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hy,

I have this pc with these Specs Upgraded:

8 GB Ram DDR-2 
320 SSD- 2x160 GB
Core 2 Quad Q9650 3.0 Ghz
Radeon HD 5570HD

My system was working fine and good since 4 months but recently this week its randomly restarting without warning. Windows 10 is installed in this system. Sometimes its working fine and sometimes not. I change the power coat and Open my PC and clean it with blower to avoid dust and also Re-seat the all the Rams and check all the cables. Its also rebooting again and again in Windows 10 loading boot screen. 
Any Help will be appreciated. 
Thanks,  

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19989274
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi guys, I've got a T1650 for which I would like to put a bigger power supply into. Is it possible for me to use one of the standard power supplies such as ones sold by Corsair. Also another question, this of computer has a Xeon E3 1270 v2. Is it possible for me to use the v3 versions of these processors? Thanks.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19983649
Relevancy 53.32%

My dell Precision start to throttle cpu from 2.8 Xeon to 0.8 and can not go back to normal

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990457
Relevancy 53.32%

I am trying to use a Tesla M2090 GPU in my Dell workstation to accelerate the CPU processing.  I have an nVidia GTX580 GPU for my monitors.  I downloaded the drivers, but I get a message for the Tesla that says "Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API."  It also gives me a "Code 10".  Any suggestions?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19983681
Relevancy 53.32%

BSOD at different times. While browsing, creating an email in Outlook, not even using the computer.

Thanks,

cad4ty

A:BSOD dell precision m6400 64bit

Hello cad4ty, first you uninstall McAffe, and use Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows.

Bugcheck 1A may cause for a number of reasons, a virus scanner is one of them, and McAffe is a known guilty.

After doing it, if still crashes take place, inform us, we are to check for the other reasons then.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/249154-bsod-dell-precision-m6400-64bit.html